Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC - Part 20

Broadcasting from Phil Rucker's very tastefully decorated apartment.

Because the other thread has been paywalled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600December 29, 2020 9:21 PM

I love this photo of Vaughn.

I also wonder what he's thinking here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2020 3:18 PM

Does Phil live on the first floor?

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote] I also wonder what he's thinking here?

Hands off the merchandise, bitch!!

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2020 3:20 PM

Will Kornacki be leaving MSNBC, now that he's a sports star?

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2020 7:27 PM

I have always gotten a hoot out of this high school picture of Vaughn Hillyard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2020 9:00 PM

Wow, R5.

That picture is a total dick wilter.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2020 9:04 PM

Does Vaughn still sit at the kiddie table for Thanksgiving?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2020 9:12 PM

Who wants to go for a ride??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2020 9:21 PM

MSNBC to Name Rashida Jones President, Succeeding Phil Griffin

Mr. Griffin, who has been with the cable news network for 25 years, will leave after the end of January

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2020 9:22 PM

[quote] MSNBC to Name Rashida Jones President, Succeeding Phil Griffin

Dear lord, does this mean that we can expect an army of Joy Reids to flood the network?

If so, then I'm definitely jumping over to CNN.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2020 9:25 PM

Rashida Jones the actress?

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2020 9:26 PM

Maybe Phil Rucker lives in one of those Georgetown style townhouses where the dinning room would be logically on the first floor?

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2020 9:26 PM

Rashida Jones is a great actress.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2020 9:27 PM

I want to move in with Phil Rucker.

But I absolutely refuse to have sex with him.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2020 9:28 PM

Here's a link but NY Times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2020 9:32 PM

R12, it's probably not a townhouse, given what's on the opposite side of the street. My guess is it's a first floor unit in a building of condos. Some people like a first floor unit, especially if it has an outside entrance (you never have to deal with other people in the building). Alternatively, if it is in a good neighborhood, it might have been the only unit he could afford (he's still pretty young).

And, yes, he does appear to be a bachelor with refined tastes.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2020 9:36 PM

MSNBC to Name Rashida Jones President, Succeeding Phil Griffin

Hopefully, it means that Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell will be shown the door.

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2020 9:40 PM

Maybe Andrea Mitchell could be replaced with Rolanda Watts.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2020 9:45 PM

r17, nobody is shown the door, they go to CNBC

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2020 9:48 PM

Phil Rucker lives in the U Street/Adams Morgan neighborhood. Not Georgetown.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2020 9:49 PM

R19 Chuck Todd can change places with Shep Smith

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2020 9:54 PM

Obviously, what you look like has no bearing on your ability to run a network. That stated, she is striking looking in R15. Those are some great cheekbones! She's a lot prettier than the actress of the same name.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2020 9:56 PM

I really don't see how any of you are seeing Phil's home as being on the first floor, this is obviously a second floor view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2020 9:58 PM

Someone mentioned in the previous thread that Rucker may be in Adams Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2020 10:03 PM

I have always wondered about the story behind Donny Deutsch's WEST sign in his dinning room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2020 10:03 PM

'Someone mentioned in the previous thread that Rucker may be in Adams Morgan.'

Funny. I pegged Rucker as a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2020 10:40 PM

What kind of neighborhood is Adams Morgan?

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2020 10:44 PM

[quote]Those are some great cheekbones! She's a lot prettier than the actress of the same name.

Rashida Jones, the actress, is quite pretty. This MSNBC woman is not “a lot prettier”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2020 10:46 PM

Hmmmmm......Phil's on now and he's got his curtains closed so we can't see the view. Is he a DLer?

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2020 11:04 PM

I love Mara Gay, such a gorgeous young black woman and obviously very smart.....yet she never seems to offer anything original to the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2020 11:05 PM

R27, from Wikipedia:

[QUOTE] Adams Morgan is a multicultural neighborhood in Washington, D.C. centered on the happening nightlife scene around 18th Street. The stretch buzzes with eclectic bars, music venues and international restaurants from Vietnamese to Ethiopian, plus late-night pizza and falafel spots. Brick row houses, some brightly painted or featuring quirky murals, are home to independent bookstores, artisan cafes, vintage clothing shops and yoga studios.

by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2020 11:07 PM

R28, RJ the actress is fine/pretty enough; RJ the network exec is striking.

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2020 11:22 PM

[quote] Maybe Andrea Mitchell could be replaced with Rolanda Watts.

Rofl. No idea who "Rolanda Watts" is, but with this new WOKE/SJW hire at MSNBC, I'm sure that there will be many Rolanda Wattses coming down the line.

[quote] I really don't see how any of you are seeing Phil's home as being on the first floor, this is obviously a second floor view.

Really, R23?

Have you never seen a 1st floor apartment that is actually up a flight of stairs from the sidewalk?

Where in the hell are you from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2020 11:31 PM

It won’t be long before blonde Republican Nicolle Wallace loses her “prime” two-hour spot in favor of a Woman of Color under this new leadership.

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2020 12:03 AM

R33, what evidence do you have that this is a woke/SJW hire? You don't believe it is possible she is qualified? Don't you have more kraken lawsuits to be filing on behalf of "Stupid Putin?"

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2020 12:06 AM

[quote] It won’t be long before blonde Republican Nicolle Wallace loses her “prime” two-hour spot in favor of a BLACK WOMAN under this new leadership.

There, I fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2020 12:06 AM

I find Chris Hayes unwatchable. He's always hysterical and shrill.

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2020 12:08 AM

I think that there will be a gay male purge on MSNBC.

Powerful black women HATE gay men.

I don't know why, but they just do.

Look at Joy Reid, for example. And despite the fact that she said vile and hateful things about gay people, as well as re-tweeted vile and hateful things that OTHER people have said about gays, MSNBC STILL kept her on.

I predict that it will only get worse for gay people at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 38December 8, 2020 12:08 AM

R34, Nicolle Wallace hasn't been blonde for years but she is extremely white, in every sense of the term.

by Anonymousreply 39December 8, 2020 12:16 AM

[quote] MSNBC's Joy Reid addresses homophobic blog post controversy

MSNBC's Joy Reid has come under fire after posts that mocked homosexuality and claimed to out people as gay were found on her old blog, The Reid Report.

Earlier this week, she denied making the comments and said her website had been targeted by hackers.

But on Saturday she admitted that there was no evidence for this claim.

"I genuinely do not believe I wrote those hateful things, because they are completely alien to me," she said on her morning programme AM Joy.

"I hired cyber-security experts to see if somebody had manipulated my words or my former blog. And the reality is they have not been able to prove it."

Ms Reid also acknowledged that she had tweeted controversial things in the past which is "why some people don't believe me".

Tweets have resurfaced from 2010, before she was well known, in which she questions conservative commentator Ann Coulter's gender and calls Senator Lindsey Graham "Miss Lindsey".

"Those tweets were wrong and horrible," she said on Saturday.

Ms Reid's blog resurfaced last November when Twitter user @Jamie_Maz shared old posts that targeted Congressman Charlie Crist.

The posts, which were published between 2007 and 2009, referred to the then Florida governor as "Miss Charlie" and featured the tag "gay politicians".

She later apologised, and said the posts were "insensitive, tone-deaf and dumb".

But earlier this month the same Twitter user shared further posts that appeared to be from her blog that claimed to out people as gay. Other posts focused on homosexuality more generally.

"Most straight people cringe at the sight of two men kissing," one post reads.

"I didn't want to watch the two male characters (in Brokeback Mountain) having sex," another says. "Does that make me homophobic? Probably."

On Monday, Ms Reid issued a statement to the website Mediate in which she said the newly discovered posts were "fabricated".

"In December I learned that an unknown, external party accessed and manipulated material from my now-defunct blog," the statement said.

"I began working with a cyber-security expert who first identified the unauthorized activity, and we notified federal law enforcement officials of the breach."

She added: "I can state unequivocally that it does not represent the original entries."

But questions were raised about her claim to have been hacked and, on Saturday, she admitted that investigators had found no evidence to prove this.

She did not admit to writing the posts, but said she had "not been exempt from being dumb or cruel or hurtful to the very people I want to advocate for."

"And for that, I am truly, truly sorry," she added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 8, 2020 12:21 AM

From post 475 on the "MSNBC - Part 19" thread: "I heard they wanted Nicolle to move to prime time, but she wants to be home for dinner with her kids."

She's only got one kid, an 8 year-old boy. Unless you include among "her kids" the boyfriend (Mike Schmidt of the NYT) who's 12 years younger than she is.

by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2020 12:23 AM

Rrreeeowrrr, R41!

Cat-TY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2020 12:28 AM

[quote]I find Chris Hayes unwatchable. He's always hysterical and shrill.

He’s the weakest link in the prime time lineup. His show is just filler that doesn’t really serve any purpose.

by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2020 12:31 AM

Well, really, what would that 8 pm slot cover that isn't covered all day and night long?

by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2020 12:34 AM

MSNBC's Stephanie Ruhle says she's recovering from COVID-19: 'I am begging you, please take this seriously'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 8, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote]I think that there will be a gay male purge on MSNBC. Powerful black women HATE gay men.

They just gave one of Joy's weekend slots to Jonathan Capehart.

by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2020 12:38 AM

True R46, but that was before this new hire.

I doubt you'll see that happen in the future.

by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2020 12:45 AM

[quote] Have you never seen a 1st floor apartment that is actually up a flight of stairs from the sidewalk?

[quote] Where in the hell are you from?

R33 I am from a place that uses reason not stupidity, look outside Phil's window at the building across the street from his. Does that like a place that would have a Brooklyn Brownstone across the street? Those corner windows in Phil's home are not in a turn of the century brownstone, they are in a modern building. That is a second floor apartment with most likely a business on the first floor. Just like the building across the street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 8, 2020 12:45 AM

r33 is a bigot.

Shun him gals!

by Anonymousreply 49December 8, 2020 3:18 AM

I don't buy Stephanie "Boobs" Ruhle's COVID story.

For weeks, her Instagram stories have shown her gallivanting around with her family all over the Jersey Shore and Manhattan.

She went to a party or restaurant or swinger's club unmasked and caught the bug, but she doesn't want to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2020 4:36 AM

The fresh flowers in the window every day is the clearest evidence that Phil Rucker is gay.

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2020 5:03 AM

LMFAO I bet Scarborough is FURIOUS that 2 weeks after his book came out and he's made the rounds, it'll quickly be forgotten as Rachel is releasing her new book today. It's an expanded version of that Bagman podcast she did about Spiro Agnew. I never knew how much he and Trump were similar in terms of their criminality and trying to intimidate others not to investigate them

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2020 5:14 AM

For the person who asked in the last thread, I checked Joshua Johnson's twitter and he appears to have deleted a lot of posts from the last year. He originally posted a shirtless pic of himself showing the muscles (he has a big frame) and his septum ring around gay pride in June 2019. It's gone now but if you check this thread you can see we discussed it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2020 5:31 AM

Joy ANN Reid is shrill, manic and cranky. I flip over to CNN when she's on.

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2020 5:43 AM

Why does it make some of you so uncomfortable that a black woman will be leading the network? Do you really believe she’s going to fire Nicolle for a black woman? Are y’all speaking from personal experience being threatened???

If anything Nicolle is about to be removed for over saturation. It’s not “BREAKING NEWS” everyday anymore and Trump is now gone. NEVERMIND she supported Bush’s homophobic administrations into office. But nah, Joy Reid wrote comments a couple years ago and apologized, so let’s keep dragging her.

I miss Kasie Hunt on the weekends. I just caught her briefly but I don’t watch AM Joe. She was the perfect person to quietly tuck you into bed with politics before Monday.

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2020 10:16 AM

It's funny that they're slobbering all over Rashida Jones this morning on Morning Joe. They seem nervous. I'm sure their show is fine, but I hope Rashida ditches Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell may not be the Foreign Affairs corespondent any more, we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2020 11:07 AM

I just new Phil would be the first to display Christmas decorations and I swear he had them out the day after Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2020 11:13 AM

The view from Phil’s window does appear to be from the second floor. We are clearly looking down on an angle at the cars on the opposite side of the street, and it’s pretty standard in D.C. to have businesses on the first floor of a building with residential units above.

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2020 12:33 PM

But what is that lame ass landscape on Phil's wall?

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2020 2:24 PM

[QUOTE] But nah, Joy Reid wrote comments a couple years ago and apologized, so let’s keep dragging her.

Not quite, hon. Joy made up a story that someone had hacked her blog and created the homophobic comments. Something she stated without evidence.

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2020 2:52 PM

I’m definitely intrigued by the insights and thoughts shared here concerning the upcoming change of leadership at MSNBC. I am now fervently hoping the new leadership won’t follow Vanity Fair’s example of making things more woke. *sigh*

And of course, that hideous childhood pic of poor Vaughn... what’s your infatuation with him about?!?

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2020 3:46 PM

[quote] I just new Phil would be the first to display Christmas decorations and I swear he had them out the day after Thanksgiving.

Yesssss!!!

I was so happy to see Miss Rucker sitting in front of her windowscape, with poinsettias on one side, and a sparkly little tinsel christmas tree sitting on a stand on the other side.

It was VERY festive, Mary!

Philly always brings the sparkle and cheer to MSNBC in the morning.

Shout out to you, Miss Phil! If you're reading this, we definitely APPROVE!

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2020 3:50 PM

R60, and Nicolle Wallace is responsible for the Bush Administration’s talking points that sent us to Iraq where millions needlessly died.

Oh wait, lemme reframe for your DataLounge ears....

Nicolle helped GWB’s administration send Pete Buttigieg (denied him mentioning his sexuality too, but ya know...) to war in Iraq!! His handsome self almost died!!!

Why are we upset Rashida Jones is taking over? Does she have terrible employment history, or previously run a personal blog expressing her views? Did she massage Colin Powell or Susan Rice’s talk points before the UN???

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2020 4:15 PM

Listen, I love Deadline:White House and am happy to have Nicolle on our side.

But we’re not going to wave the white flag on her past and cling on to Joy Reid’s needlessly...

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2020 4:17 PM

[quote]I am now fervently hoping the new leadership won’t follow Vanity Fair’s example of making things more woke. *sigh*

Rashida Jones was appointed to the job by Cesar Conde, who has been the head of NBCUniversal News for several years. He has publicly said he wants to make the network more diverse, but he's never said or done anything to suggest he wants to make NBCUniversal - a huge corporation that is mainly concerned about its bottom line - more "woke" so I think you have nothing to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2020 4:18 PM

I'm so happy to see handsome Jonathan Swan on with Nicolle right now. Why doesn't he appear more often any more? Maybe HBO and Axios limit his appearances.

But I have to say, if he's at home, it looks like he lives in freshman dorm.

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2020 9:08 PM

I agree, R66. Jonathan Swan is very handsome!

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2020 9:22 PM

Judging by that pic Phil lives near the DC Convention Center in the Shaw Neighborhood. He lives across the street from a hideous condo building in DC.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2020 9:55 PM

I don't mind Joy's show..she brings a lot of energy to her broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2020 9:57 PM

Joy hates tRump with the heat of 1000 suns, much like Chris Matthews did. In spite of her past, I kind of enjoy her show.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2020 10:12 PM

[quote]I have always wondered about the story behind Donny Deutsch's WEST sign in his dinning room.

On the right there is an elevator but can't tell if it's part of the house or the private entrance.

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2020 10:21 PM

I remembered when I first encountered Joy on MSNBC, before she had her own show, she would often cut off awful Republicans with ridiculous theories. This is what I came to love about her, she wouldn't stand for lies.

I needed her show to help me get through the tRump administration.

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2020 11:06 PM

[quote] I remembered when I first encountered Joy on MSNBC, before she had her own show, she would often cut off awful Republicans with ridiculous theories. This is what I came to love about her, she wouldn't stand for lies.

Except for her own. HA!

You need to read R40, because you are being very tone deaf.

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2020 11:50 PM

[quote] Joe Scarborough Regrets Hosting Trump So Often ahead of 2016 Election: ‘I Wish It Hadn’t Happened’

Yeah Joe you are about 4 years too damn late with those regrets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2020 12:18 AM

You can tell Phil lives on the first floor when you look out his window and see the traffic drive by. It's obviously the first floor, although not exactly street level, necessarily. There are probably some steps, but it's the first floor. You could even see a person walking by on the sidewalk across the street.

by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2020 12:26 AM

r75, has never been wrong a day in his life...

by Anonymousreply 76December 9, 2020 12:29 AM

Why are you so insistent that Phil lives on the second floor, R76?

Are you Phil?

If not, then shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 77December 9, 2020 12:30 AM

Who the fuck cares what floor Phil lives on? Why does it matter?

by Anonymousreply 78December 9, 2020 12:44 AM

[quote] Who the fuck cares what floor Phil lives on? Why does it matter?

I'm sure it matters to the rent boys that he hires.

They have to consider whether or not it's worth the money he pays them, to walk up all those stairs and fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 79December 9, 2020 12:47 AM

Would you have ever thought, say 10 years ago, you'd be obsessed with the hosts and talking heads of a political cable channel?

If I have one thing to thank tRump for, it would be his utter incompetence which finally got me to start paying attention to the news. And after trying out some options, I happily settled with MSNBC. I really love all the hosts, some more than others, but enjoy watching them all the time.

by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2020 12:49 AM

I’m heading to DC to stand outside of Phil’s home so that I can wave to all you haters when he’s reporting live for MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 81December 9, 2020 12:49 AM

R81, I was just getting ready to ask. Which DL sleuth is gonna deliver that address since y’all seem to be SO obsessed where he lives.

Yes, the man’s apartment is nice. He is entitled to privacy as an individual, damn....

by Anonymousreply 82December 9, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote] I’m heading to DC to stand outside of Phil’s home so that I can wave to all you haters when he’s reporting live for MSNBC.

Omg, that would be HILARIOUS!

Just like the crowds of people who used to stand outside the Today Show studio, waving in the background

Can you just imagine if the gays stood outside Phil's window, waving and shouting, and holding signs?

How embarassing for him! He'd have to close the curtains!

by Anonymousreply 83December 9, 2020 12:55 AM

r81 is a wannabe stalker.

Shun him gals!

by Anonymousreply 84December 9, 2020 2:43 AM

I can't believe you ladies are talking about Phil Rucker, instead of Morgan Chesky, Vaughn Hillyard, or Ari Melber.

What's wrong with you bitches??

by Anonymousreply 85December 9, 2020 3:56 AM

R85 - don't forget Gadi Schwartz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 9, 2020 12:49 PM

When I first encountered Joy Reid on her morning weekend shows, I really liked her and the show. Once the controversy about her past blog came out, the show seemed to change its focus almost exclusively to the interests of a Black audience. I don't know whether that was incidental or deliberate. However, it did make me less interested in watching her on weekends.

Although at first she tried to lie about the blog, she did eventually change her story to say that she has grown over the previous decade and changed her views. While I think she was wrong to lie, I do think people should be believed when they say they have grown in their understanding of the world. I've also read that one of her daughters is gay. So maybe that has contributed to her change in attitude.

I think she was unnecessarily combative towards Pete B, but I credited that more to her desire to see a Black candidate succeed rather than because Pete is gay. I do think she is very intelligent and is capable of insightful political commentary. If her new evening show were on at a time that I was interested in watching news, I would probably give it a try. But I watch Ari Melber at 6pm, and that is enough news for one evening for me.

by Anonymousreply 87December 9, 2020 3:37 PM

Joy is also apparently besties with gay Jonathan Capeheart, who certainly seems discerning enough in choosing his friends. And Joy's gay slurs against Lindsey Graham and Charlie Crist were no worse than those read on DL every day.

by Anonymousreply 88December 9, 2020 6:56 PM

Thanks, Joy at R88.

by Anonymousreply 89December 9, 2020 7:06 PM

My head just exploded over the screechfest of Joy Reid and Leslie Jones tonight. Heckle & Jeckle 2020.

by Anonymousreply 90December 10, 2020 12:00 AM

Racist at r90.

by Anonymousreply 91December 10, 2020 12:15 AM

I'm sick of Rachel and all the other hosts hawking her new Spiro Agnew book! Except for Chris Hayes who never mentions it.

by Anonymousreply 92December 10, 2020 2:03 AM

Oh, that's interesting r92. Some posters on previous thread(s) noticed that they're no longer chatty and chummy during handovers. Not as bad as Nicolle Wallace and Chuck Todd who abruptly were never seen on the split screen during handoffs again.

by Anonymousreply 93December 10, 2020 3:38 AM

When Joy got Chris Matthews's slot, she toned down the mugging at the camera, the sassing and the exaggerated gesticulations. This didn't last long.

Now she's back to head bobbing, mugging, waving hands like a church lady, and barely restraining herself from finger-snapping.

by Anonymousreply 94December 10, 2020 4:02 AM

Why so much drama at MSNBC, as noted at R93?

by Anonymousreply 95December 10, 2020 4:04 AM

I love Rachel's book. I had no idea Trump and Spiro Agnew are so alike. Hopefully this time we get criminal prosecution though

by Anonymousreply 96December 10, 2020 5:08 AM

MSNBC the past three weeks has just been Scarborough and Maddow hawking their books.

by Anonymousreply 97December 10, 2020 5:12 AM

R96 - Do you not realize that DL queens are finger-snappers of the First Degree?

[Quote]Now she's back to head bobbing, mugging, waving hands like a church lady, and barely restraining herself from finger-snapping.

We realize you do not like Black women or their vernacular (stereotyped to Nth degree). We thank you for sharing such profound insights. I didn't know Black women were given to head bobbing! Damn. Could you please provide a GIF from your spook files?

Also, could you please elaborate about the relationship between DL's "finger-snapping" KAH-weens and Joy Reid again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 10, 2020 5:18 AM

Chris Hayes hates Maddow, his seething rage is palpable.

by Anonymousreply 99December 10, 2020 5:18 AM

R98, unclench.

The point is she was relatively toned down for the launch of her new show and it got her good reviews. Sliding back into old habits isn't the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 100December 10, 2020 5:31 AM

[Quote]She was relatively toned down for the launch of her new show and it got her good reviews. Sliding back into old habits isn't the way to go.

Except, you answered nothing I asked, correct, r100? Hide behind "Unclench" all you want. You sound like a Jeff Sessions, Stephen Miller invitee to a secret Tuscaloosa pool part where Matt Gaetz appeared and raffled his "adoptive son."

by Anonymousreply 101December 10, 2020 5:44 AM

Joy R101, isn't it time for bed?

by Anonymousreply 102December 10, 2020 5:49 AM

Except, it's true, r102.

by Anonymousreply 103December 10, 2020 5:52 AM

[quote] Joy R101, isn't it time for bed?

She's probably getting drunk on Hennessy and practicing her gay bashing Tweets some more.

by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2020 5:53 AM

I am Black, R91, and the Reid/Jones minstrel show was embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2020 7:24 AM

Chris Hayes is a very angry man. His seething rage is palpable, as someone mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2020 8:38 AM

My take from the Joy Reid incident: In the heat of the moment she made a rude comment. Something I do every day here. When she lied about getting hacked it was at a time when several Republicunts claimed that they were hacked. But you see, Dems are held to a higher standard. Republies can make up anything they want and be forgiven. Dems must be persecuted forever. Especially if they admit their mistake and apologize, which a Recunt would never do.

Here's a hypochristian Senator fondly recalling his animal fucking days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 10, 2020 8:59 AM

Phil Rucker is an excellent journalist. I wish he would correct that speech impediment.

by Anonymousreply 108December 10, 2020 9:36 AM

Let’s talk about who has the best Christmas decorations. I vote for Claire.

by Anonymousreply 109December 10, 2020 9:55 AM

Who are those lovely desserts for in Claire’s kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 110December 10, 2020 10:01 AM

Speaking of handoffs I always wonder about the Nicolle/Ari handoffs (when they actually occur). I get the feeling Nicolle wants them more than Ari does. Is it because Ari worked for the Gore campaign and Nicolle worked for Bush (and eventually ended up with a WH position)? Or is Ari just in a rush to start his show.

by Anonymousreply 111December 10, 2020 1:11 PM

Last night on All In with Chris Hayes, he was talking about Australia and their success with fighting Covid. Chris called Australia an Island, it is a continent and was talking about them restricting travel between provinces but Australia's political divisions are states and territories. You would think even if Chris wasn't aware someone on his staff would have been.

by Anonymousreply 112December 10, 2020 1:40 PM

Australia is an island....

by Anonymousreply 113December 10, 2020 1:41 PM

R113

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 10, 2020 1:47 PM

It’s an island and a country and a continent.

by Anonymousreply 115December 10, 2020 2:01 PM

Three mints in one, R115?

by Anonymousreply 116December 10, 2020 2:41 PM

Chris Hayes was chummy with Rachel until he found out she was behind the decision to go with Nicolle and Joy as her panel-mates during the final debates and election night. This had to hurt as they were even using his hour. I imagine it was a producers' decision as well, but Chris blamed Rachel for not supporting him. While she still calls him "my friend" in the hand offs he is very cool and unresponsive. You can feel the tension still.....

And I'm the original poster who pointed this out a couple of months ago! So there.

by Anonymousreply 117December 10, 2020 2:52 PM

Who wouldn't want to spend a cozy afternoon with Claire McCaskill in her sunny kitchen, enjoying a cup or two of coffee and her 3-tiered cookie plate, trading gossip about her former Republican colleagues? Can you imagine her letting loose on Dianne Feinstein and Susan Collins?

I'm sorry I wasn't invested in the news and aware of her when she was serving in the Senate. Did she have much of a national presence back then? I love her appearances on MSNBC, especially with Nicolle, who seems to appreciate her most.

by Anonymousreply 118December 10, 2020 3:12 PM

That bitch stole my hour !!

by Anonymousreply 119December 10, 2020 3:15 PM

Chris Hayes looks like a potato wearing classes.

by Anonymousreply 120December 10, 2020 6:42 PM

R118, Claire had some good moments during Senate hearings. She went on a tirade about Republicans trying to derail the ACA that went viral.

She was always good with a quip on the news shows, which led to MSNBC hiring her.

by Anonymousreply 121December 10, 2020 7:11 PM

Chris Hayes has truly beautiful eyes. You can't take that way from him.

He's also 6'5" which really surprised me. He looks like he'd be fireplug short.

by Anonymousreply 122December 10, 2020 7:14 PM

Chris is 6'5???

Holy crap!

I never would have guessed.

I'm so surprised about the animosity between him and Rachel.

Chris seems really easy going and laid back, so it's probably Rachel and her lesbian drama that caused the conflict between the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 123December 10, 2020 8:05 PM

Sweet God, Chris Hayes is not 6'5" tall. According to Wikipedia, he is 6'0" tall and even that seems generous. And he's pudgy. He looks like Charlie Brown with glasses.

by Anonymousreply 124December 10, 2020 8:09 PM

Hi Rachel at R124.

What other hateful remarks do you have to contribute about Chris Hayes?

by Anonymousreply 125December 10, 2020 8:10 PM

When Rachel did her appearance from her house to say her partner had almost died from Covid, Chris retweeted it and said it was extraordinarily moving or some such. So I very much doubt there's any serious bad blood between them.

by Anonymousreply 126December 10, 2020 8:40 PM

[quote] When Rachel did her appearance from her house to say her partner had almost died from Covid, Chris retweeted it and said it was extraordinarily moving or some such. So I very much doubt there's any serious bad blood between them.

I'm sure that was just a courtesy.

He clearly didn't mean it, based on their recent interactions.

by Anonymousreply 127December 10, 2020 8:46 PM

Rachel rallied for Chris to get his show. Those hand offs are awkward at best. Rachel can't get away from Lawrence O'Donnell fast enough. Also remember these shows re-air in the early A.M. so a director is probably yelling in their ear(phones) to wrap it up.

by Anonymousreply 128December 10, 2020 8:53 PM

Chris is too smart to be truly upset with Rachel for choosing Nicolle and Joy over him for election coverage. He's smart enough to know that in 2020, white heterosexual men are at the back of the line.

He's ambitious so he's probably miffed but he knows that Rachel and anyone else could never have chosen him over Nicolle and Joy. Maybe last year but not in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 129December 10, 2020 9:34 PM

[quote]Chris Hayes was chummy with Rachel until he found out she was behind the decision to go with Nicolle and Joy as her panel-mates during the final debates and election night. This had to hurt as they were even using his hour. I imagine it was a producers' decision as well, but Chris blamed Rachel for not supporting him

I'm sure the higher ups have a say in who's on these panels.

by Anonymousreply 130December 10, 2020 10:04 PM

r129, how do you think he rationalized Nicolle co-hosting with Rachel over him (and during his hour!)? I'm guessing he understood why Joy was chosen.

And he's over 6'. I've seen him in person.

by Anonymousreply 131December 10, 2020 10:37 PM

During the election coverage with Rachel, Joy, and Nicolle, when Chris Hayes did a few short segments or reports, Rachel more than once introduced him as "my beloved friend," and it was clear he was stiff and standoffish. It seemed like he was miffed about losing his time slot for those few days.

Then, a few weeks after the election, maybe about a week or 10 days ago, he did the hand-off by introducing Rachel as "my beloved friend." Jus' sayin.'

Also, changing topics a bit, Steve Schmidt has an awesome house. Very modern, lots of dark stone and gorgeous furnishings. I've seen him do segments from the kitchen, different spots in a living room/great room, and someplace else I couldn't tell exactly what the room was, but it was the same rich, sleek, powerful look.

by Anonymousreply 132December 10, 2020 11:12 PM

I LOVE Steve Schmidt’s house. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 133December 10, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote] Rachel more than once introduced him as "my beloved friend," and it was clear he was stiff and standoffish. It seemed like he was miffed about losing his time slot for those few days.

[quote] Then, a few weeks after the election, maybe about a week or 10 days ago, he did the hand-off by introducing Rachel as "my beloved friend." Jus' sayin.'

Personally, I think that sounds really PHONY.

by Anonymousreply 134December 10, 2020 11:17 PM

[quote]Those hand offs are awkward at best. Rachel can't get away from Lawrence O'Donnell fast enough.

I definitely haven't noticed that in recent days because she's been really nice to him. Plus, she was just on his show.

As for Chris, I never noticed the tension between them until the past week, especially yesterday, when the frosty exchange lasted about a microsecond.

And I wouldn't have imagined him being even 6 feet tall. I don't know why, but there's something about him that made me think he was something along the lines of Tom Cruise's height.

R123 - I can't even imagine what "Rachel and her lesbian drama" is.

As for Australia being "an island and a country and a continent," it's the geography equivalent of Evelyn Mulwray.

by Anonymousreply 135December 11, 2020 12:22 AM

[quote]Chris seems really easy going and laid back

I don’t know how you’re getting that. He seems angry, hysterical, and yells at the audience.

by Anonymousreply 136December 11, 2020 1:50 AM

Jesus, Steve Schmidt is being a drama queen on Lawrence tonight.

MSNBC continues its descent to being nothing more than fear porn for liberals.

by Anonymousreply 137December 11, 2020 2:22 AM

Schmidt is a Cassandra for Biden if he chooses not to prosecute Trump corruption.

by Anonymousreply 138December 11, 2020 3:49 AM

R128, you are so right about Rachel and the hand-off to Lawrence O'Donnell. He tries to keep her on forever and get personal and she clearly is stuck trying to act like they are BFFs chatting, when she would rather just get off camera.

The hand-offs that are weirdest to me are between Nicolle and Ari Melber. You never know whether he's going to practically ignore her or start a whole discussion. I don't think she knows, either, and it seems to keep her a bit off-balance.

by Anonymousreply 139December 11, 2020 5:04 AM

I've seen Ari try to quiz Nicolle on her rap knowledge and it's quite embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 140December 11, 2020 5:08 AM

Agreed, R140, it's sometimes a bit cute (but getting old) when Ari brings up a rap or hip hop reference that no one expects a white Jewish man to know, but to bring that up with Nicolle or the white guests he sometimes does it with is like asking them to suddenly spout some important facts about early Mesopotamian civilization.

by Anonymousreply 141December 11, 2020 5:15 AM

I’m sorry R137, please tell us how to help ourselves? Should we prostrate ourselves before the altar of Hamburg or Carlson?

And also, FUCK YOU FOR INFERRING WHAT KIND OF PORN I SHOULD CONSUME.

Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 142December 11, 2020 5:24 AM

I usually can’t stand Leslie Jones but she was fun last night with Nicole and Claire. All three really seemed to enjoy themselves. Claire’s mug cradle was perfect. And I want her Christmas mug!

by Anonymousreply 143December 11, 2020 10:18 AM

Where is Phil? I miss him.

by Anonymousreply 144December 11, 2020 12:24 PM

[quote] ... FUCK YOU FOR INFERRING WHAT KIND OF PORN I SHOULD CONSUME.

R142, it should be: "FUCK YOU FOR IMPLYING". The speaker implies, the listener infers.

by Anonymousreply 145December 11, 2020 12:35 PM

Let's just admit it. None of us knows anything about the inter-relationship of the anchors at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 146December 11, 2020 12:54 PM

Sorry but they need to have less of Phil Rucker. He's not hot enough for TV.

by Anonymousreply 147December 11, 2020 3:22 PM

There is palpable love between Phil and all the anchors, from Nicolle to Brian to whoever. They clearly trust him like an old friend.

by Anonymousreply 148December 11, 2020 4:26 PM

Phil Rucker is a great reporter and he always adds to the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 149December 11, 2020 4:45 PM

Best talking heads:

Phil Rucker

Claire McCaskill

Steve Schmidt

Ashley Parker

John Heilemann

Michelle Goldberg

Jon Meacham

Aisha Mills - we never talk about her and she deserves more attention!

Who are yours?

by Anonymousreply 150December 11, 2020 4:50 PM

I want to like Claire McCaskill more than I actually do. She's charming, articulate, knowledgeable, smart, has inside knowledge of the Senate, and she looks like she would be a fun friend, plus she has that beautiful kitchen I would kill for.

But she occasionally reveals a dark side, when she goes after people she doesn't want to win. In 2016, she was viciously hateful about Bernie until the primary was over and Hillary needed Bernie's voters, so then Claire turns all sweetness and light and welcoming to the same voters she ripped to shreds earlier.

She did the same thing this year about Pete Buttigieg, and she has acted like a piranha to AOC, and in return has been nailed by AOC.

I don't really trust her, but I like her.

by Anonymousreply 151December 11, 2020 5:03 PM

[quote] Claire’s mug cradle was perfect. And I want her Christmas mug!

I love Claire.

Even while she was a Senator, I still thought that she was the frauiest frau who ever fraued!

But I still love her.

[quote] Sorry but they need to have less of Phil Rucker. He's not hot enough for TV.

Rofl.

You're terrible, Muriel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 11, 2020 5:25 PM

Claire gives her honest opinions. She personally knows a lot of these people.

by Anonymousreply 153December 11, 2020 5:44 PM

[QUOTE] win. In 2016, she was viciously hateful about Bernie

So? We all hated him. And I hated him during this past primary season too. Hating Bernie not a character defect.

I do understand what you were describing about Claire’s dark side. I can see it too.

by Anonymousreply 154December 11, 2020 5:51 PM

*Hating Bernie IS not a character defect

by Anonymousreply 155December 11, 2020 6:00 PM

Neal Katyal

by Anonymousreply 156December 11, 2020 6:02 PM

Is Joy Reid a voodoo priestess?

Asking for a friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 11, 2020 6:05 PM

^ I like what Joy is wearing in that pic. Usually she dresses like garbage.

by Anonymousreply 158December 11, 2020 6:08 PM

Part of Joy's wardrobe deficiency is her refusal to commit to a look and stick with it. I'm surprised her hair/wig hasn't changed since she began her own evening show.

by Anonymousreply 159December 11, 2020 6:26 PM

Phil was just on with Katy Tur. She pointed out his lovely Christmas display. Seemed to make his day.

by Anonymousreply 160December 11, 2020 6:30 PM

My point was not that Claire hated Bernie, it was that after saying a lot of hateful (not just negative) things about him and his supporters, she then pivoted after the primary and thought his voters would listen to her try to woo them to vote for Hillary in the general. I know that's just politics and a technique used by virtually everyone, but it was distasteful to me to see it again this year with Pete. She was vicious about him in the primary, and now she calls him things like "one of the most gifted communicators" on the national stage.

Sorry for doubling down. It's just an opinion and of course no one needs to agree.

by Anonymousreply 161December 11, 2020 7:03 PM

R159, I think she's trying to find something that suits her. As you point out, each anchor needs to choose a look, and it's probably at least a bit more difficult for Black women, for a variety of reasons, some negative, some just part of settling in to a different time slot as a relatively new host.

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2020 7:09 PM

R159, I think she's trying to find something that suits her. As you point out, each anchor needs to choose a look, and it's probably at least a bit more difficult for Black women, for a variety of reasons, some negative, some just part of settling in to a different time slot as a relatively new host.

by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2020 7:09 PM

Joy has had years on MSNBC now to find something that suits her. She needs to find a look. And stick with it!

Take a note from 2 very differently but brilliantly styled women, Rachel and Mika. We don't need to be distracted by your outfit.

by Anonymousreply 164December 11, 2020 10:07 PM

Joy's TV look and attire are markedly improved since taking over Chris Matthews's hour.

For one, she's settled on a wig (new and it suits her), which suggests that the powers that be have a hand in her image overhaul. (As should be expected).

There're still occasional lapses of taste but on the whole, doing better. The look at R157 is fine for speaking events and other occasions.

by Anonymousreply 165December 11, 2020 10:08 PM

Why does MSNBC not have the breaking news that the Supreme Court has thrown out Texas' case?? Weak!

by Anonymousreply 166December 11, 2020 10:42 PM

All I want for christmas is for bigot homophobe Joy Reid to be FIRED!

Is that too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 167December 11, 2020 10:46 PM

R166 Because MSNBC is a joke. They’re not a news organization, they’re the Fox News of the left.

by Anonymousreply 168December 11, 2020 11:08 PM

Really, R164? You expect a Black woman to as easily fit into a white corporate PR look as easily as Nicolle Wallace? Rachel has talked many times about how the make up and hair people get frustrated with her not looking as feminine as they want to make her, and recently when she was working from home, she looked markedly downscale and unpolished. Personally, I don't care, but I'm sure it's important to the network bigs.

Joy also has deal with hair/wigs, her undoubted desire to show her ethnic pride, but she can't be too in-your-face about it or she'll turn off white viewers, many of whom are likely to turn her off, anyway. And even though she's been there for years, weekend mornings are a totally different vibe than 7 p.m. weekdays, which requires a different attitude.

R165 is correct, the new wig looks good and she's settling in. It may take her a while, but she'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 169December 11, 2020 11:22 PM

I honestly love some of Joy's over-the-top reactions - bullshit IS bullshit. Call it what it is.

by Anonymousreply 170December 11, 2020 11:29 PM

r169, Joy could take a cue from Keisha Lance Bottoms who often appears on her show. Or Tiffany Cross or Yamiche Alcindor or Mara Gay or Aisha Mills. Solid colors and simple lines are flattering and don't distract.

I love Joy, I watch her every night. I just want her to present a stronger and more consistent image so her look doesn't become an issue.

by Anonymousreply 171December 12, 2020 12:01 AM

Stop yelling at my TV you fucking Concern Troll Chris Hayes! I'm changing the channel.

by Anonymousreply 172December 12, 2020 12:07 AM

When did Chris "But her emails!" Hayes become such a shrieking outrage queen? Enough with the screaming, already!

by Anonymousreply 173December 12, 2020 12:20 AM

As one of Joy’s usual defenders here, she does need to get the look together. Yes black people struggle to mold into white-corporate America, but her and Johnathan Capehart have TV anchor money...they need to GET 👏🏾IT👏🏾TOGETHER! As R171 points out Tiffany Cross, Mayor Lance-Bottoms, and Zerlina Maxwell don’t seem to have this struggle. Don Lemon’s hairline is NOT a mess on TV and Gayle King’s wigs are ALWAYS correct.

I was going to post this before but I am SO over Claire McKaskill (so?)!! She was a one-term Senator when the Dems had a 54-46 majority (can you believe it??) As AOC says, she lost years ago...why is she still relevant??? They should roll out Al Franken!

Favorite Talking Heads:

Josh Acosta

Frank Figluzzi (who we’ve seen more of!)

Tiffany Cross

Kareem Jean-Pierre (although no more w/ her promotion)

Who needs to go? Michael Steele, Steve Schmidt and all the other Republican-lite people.

Phil Rucker can take a break...

by Anonymousreply 174December 12, 2020 12:21 AM

And I love Leslie Jones but, she be doing too much....

by Anonymousreply 175December 12, 2020 12:21 AM

Claire McCaskill was a former prosecutor in Missouri, so you know she must have some history of questionable cases where Black people may have been locked up or police may have acted inappropriately. She seems to get a complete pass on any discussion or investigation of her prosecutorial past, while Amy Klobuchar and Kamala Harris were endlessly dragged over the coals for their records as prosecutors. Seems a bit off to me.

by Anonymousreply 176December 12, 2020 12:40 AM

Didn’t Claire recently make some anti-trans comments on air during one of her msnbc appearances?

by Anonymousreply 177December 12, 2020 12:42 AM

Who is the hottie on Chris Hayes now? Brian someone???/

by Anonymousreply 178December 12, 2020 12:54 AM

Brian Fallon

by Anonymousreply 179December 12, 2020 1:00 AM

Rachel's gracious comments to Chris at the hand off tonight, sounded genuine. Does she troll DL?

by Anonymousreply 180December 12, 2020 1:03 AM

[quote]Does she troll DL?

She must. Because there's no way she could really think that screaming, hysterical shitfest he just delivered was the "best show he's ever done" or whatever other crap she said.

by Anonymousreply 181December 12, 2020 1:09 AM

Michael Steele needs to do a lip lock on the 3rd rail of the A-train. I don’t trust that slimy repug from here to there. Same goes for Steve Schmidt, and Rick Wilson. They are pugs first and foremost, and would turn on Dems as quick as an Olympic skater turning on a dime. They haven’t yet, because for right now, they hate trump more than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 182December 12, 2020 1:09 AM

The Repug party is morphing into something else so ruinously, Steele, Schmidt and Wilson can never go back. Maybe a new party will come out of all this.

Also, did anyone take note DL's fave young Repug congressman Adam Schizinger did NOT vote with his cronies. He's one of the good ones, after all.

by Anonymousreply 183December 12, 2020 1:50 AM

I didn't see Devin "cow" Nunes name on the list either; did I just miss it?

by Anonymousreply 184December 12, 2020 1:52 AM

[quote]Also, did anyone take note DL's fave young Repug congressman Adam Schizinger did NOT vote with his cronies. He's one of the good ones, after all.

He's not. He's trash just like the rest of them. None of them are to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 185December 12, 2020 2:16 AM

[quote]I didn't see Devin "cow" Nunes name on the list either; did I just miss it?

Nunes has The Rona, so maybe he can't participate for a while. Hopefully he dies.

by Anonymousreply 186December 12, 2020 2:17 AM

Josh Shapiro, the AG of PA is so insanely hot. He’s a barracuda of a lawyer and he’s a daddy. Love him. He’s on Velshi right now

by Anonymousreply 187December 12, 2020 2:26 AM

Brian Fallon is a less attractive Seth Moulton.

by Anonymousreply 188December 12, 2020 2:34 AM

Dad Jon Meachum is on velshi now. Speaking wisdom

by Anonymousreply 189December 12, 2020 2:50 AM

Velshi holds msnbc on his back. He’s the best they’ve got. A king.

by Anonymousreply 190December 12, 2020 3:01 AM

Daniel Goldman on msnbc now. That man is so hot

by Anonymousreply 191December 12, 2020 3:27 AM

Morgan Chesky ass in pic four. Nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 14, 2020 12:33 AM

Craig Melvin’s older brother Lawrence Meadows dies of colon cancer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193December 14, 2020 12:34 AM

I saw Phil Rucker walking his dog today on P Street Northwest walking past Number Nine (gay bar) towards 15th Street. So, he lives in Logan Circle.

by Anonymousreply 194December 14, 2020 12:38 AM

Well, r194? Don't be stingy with doggie details.

by Anonymousreply 195December 14, 2020 12:41 AM

I’m not great with dog breeds but it looked like a gingerbread labradoodle.

by Anonymousreply 196December 14, 2020 12:43 AM

R194, if you encounter him again and it's convenient for both of you, stop and ask him what breed the dog is. People always appreciate it when I express interest in their dog and it's a great conversational ice-breaker -- at the very least, you learn something about dog breeds.

by Anonymousreply 197December 14, 2020 12:46 AM

And then - PLEASE - ask him what floor he lives on!

by Anonymousreply 198December 14, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote]...in which she questions conservative commentator Ann Coulter's gender and calls Senator Lindsey Graham "Miss Lindsey".

Was Joy Reid a DLer back in 2010?

by Anonymousreply 199December 14, 2020 1:42 AM

Did anyone catch Jonathan Capehart's show on Sunday morning?

At the end of the show, he had a little segment on his journey from "big headed kid" to host of his own show on MSNBC.

He talked about all the people who helped him along the way. It was a real tear jerker!

[quote] And then - PLEASE - ask him what floor he lives on!

Rofl, YES!!!

Settle this Datalounge debate once and for all!

by Anonymousreply 200December 14, 2020 3:50 AM

Kasey.Hunt's "Way Too Early" has Axios "1 Big Thing".

I like Nicholas Johnston.

by Anonymousreply 201December 14, 2020 10:01 AM

R198 and R200, expressing admiration and curiosity about his dog may be welcome, but asking him what floor he lives on might seem aggressive and scary. Maybe depends on how cute the nosy guy is?

by Anonymousreply 202December 14, 2020 11:57 AM

R202, I totally agree, but it *might* be more appropriate to ask Rucker in a jokey way if he knows about the debate on a gay gossip site about which floor he lives on. It might make the questioner sound less like a stalker and potential murderer. Of course, R194 actually sounds like the kind of person who has some decency and manners and would never initiate such a discussion.

by Anonymousreply 203December 14, 2020 12:05 PM

It also might scare him if he's closeted.

by Anonymousreply 204December 14, 2020 1:39 PM

He apparently lives in a gay friendly neighborhood and has Christmas decorations. So has friends (and possibly a partner), so it is unlikely he is closeted. He would probably get a kick out of knowing that he has an online following discussing his home decor. He clearly enjoyed Katy’s comments on the decorations.

by Anonymousreply 205December 14, 2020 3:19 PM

I think you'd be much more successful if you acted like you had no idea who he is and were just making conversation. Just say something like "I used to have a dog like that but he didn't like climbing a lot of stairs up to my apartment, so I hope you don't have that problem?...." You could be a little flirtatious about it.

by Anonymousreply 206December 14, 2020 3:30 PM

Really, R204?

You can see Phil's flames from space!

by Anonymousreply 207December 14, 2020 4:01 PM

I don't know how serious some of you are about this.😂 First, DL crowd solves the soft butch sous chef murder at the Donovan. Now, DL is crowd sourcing the stalking of Phil Rucker.

by Anonymousreply 208December 14, 2020 4:01 PM

Here's the very sweet video of Jonathan Capehart thanking all of his family and friends for their support, at the end of his first show.

It was so touching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 14, 2020 4:05 PM

The dog's name is Axel. He's a cavapoo, breed I've never heard of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 14, 2020 4:08 PM

Omg. Phil posted a lovely photo of him with his mother on Instagram, and look at what some stupid asshole wrote:

[quote] animalhousetx you look just like her...is that where you got your football head? you are a liberal loser clown

He should delete that asshole's comment.

Btw, is his mother filipino or something? Anyone know Phil's ethnic background?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 14, 2020 4:14 PM

I also think she looks ethnic. Latina or Filipina?

by Anonymousreply 212December 14, 2020 4:18 PM

Omg, reading down the comments of Phil's photo at R211, almost ALL of the comments are horrible!!!

Why have these right wing fuck faces targeted Phil?

It's like the Proud Boys have descended on his Instagram page!

by Anonymousreply 213December 14, 2020 4:22 PM

He probably doesn't read them...who could be bothered it is all hate anyway

by Anonymousreply 214December 14, 2020 5:32 PM

Yep, R210. That’s definitely the dog I saw.

I was on my way to Whole Foods right across the street. I didn’t exactly have the presence of mind to ask Phil which floor he’s on or ask about his Christmas decorations. That would have been bizarre.

He was wearing a mask and was speaking to Axel as he walked by me.

by Anonymousreply 215December 14, 2020 6:15 PM

Well, was he just saying "Axel, drop it, let's go" etc. or was he talking to him about the political situation?

by Anonymousreply 216December 14, 2020 8:30 PM

Can we please get back to talking about actual HOT guys on MSNBC like Vaughn, Morgan, Gadi, and Ari?

by Anonymousreply 217December 14, 2020 8:32 PM

Don’t forget about my bae Garrett Haake!

by Anonymousreply 218December 14, 2020 8:43 PM

Jonathan Capehart name checked Ann Skakel Terrien as the first person he met at 30 Rock in the 80s-she’s the niece of Ethel Skakel Kennedy.. So he has a connection to her nose picking ass.

by Anonymousreply 219December 14, 2020 9:18 PM

Paul Butler is family.

by Anonymousreply 220December 14, 2020 9:22 PM

Had no idea about Paul Butler, definitely in the category of gays who don't ping your gaydar. He doesn't seem to appear on MSNBC any more. Or have I just missed him?

by Anonymousreply 221December 14, 2020 9:26 PM

R206: "Does your dog like climbing stairs? Yes, that's it, the stairs. My dog didn't like climbing stairs when I lived on the second floor. What floor do YOU live on?"

by Anonymousreply 222December 14, 2020 9:28 PM

Also, Rucker's apartment looks like a newish building that would have an elevator.

by Anonymousreply 223December 14, 2020 9:29 PM

Poor Vaughn Hillyard was being harassed by a Deplorable waving a flag in the background as Vaughn was reporting live on Nicolle today.

by Anonymousreply 224December 14, 2020 11:03 PM

Have we discussed Jeremy Peters?

He currently lives in Manhattan with his partner, Brendan Camp, a dermatologist and amateur photographer whose work has been published alongside some of Peters' articles for the Times travel section.

by Anonymousreply 225December 14, 2020 11:14 PM

They're a really cute couple, R225.

I'd do a threesome with them in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 226December 14, 2020 11:32 PM

(R224) I'd like to harass Vaughan, if you know what I mean :)

by Anonymousreply 227December 15, 2020 12:25 AM

I thought Tiffany Cross and Jonathan Capehart both did a great job on their new shows this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 228December 15, 2020 2:45 AM

[quote] Have we discussed Jeremy Peters?

Jeremy Peters leaves me cold.

He kind of has dead eyes, and no personality.

Jeremy is also sort of smug. He acts like he's better than everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 229December 15, 2020 3:06 AM

Phil Rucker's on Brian Williams' show right now and has his drapes drawn.

by Anonymousreply 230December 15, 2020 3:17 AM

Phil Rucker puts on raunchy cam shows, I recognize the view. He also sits bare ass on his sofa and doesn't seem to mind splattering cum everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 231December 15, 2020 3:22 AM

R225, I like Jeremy Peters a lot and was thrilled when I found out he is gay, partnered, out, etc. As an eldergay, it still sometimes gets me all choked up when I think about how young adults today can live openly and have successful public careers and rewarding personal relationships. It's what we fought for in the '70s and '80s, but I'm not sure we could actually imagine what it would look like. This is what it looks like.

(Yes, he's an economically privileged white male, and lots of places and professions are not as welcoming as the NY Times, but even in my blood-red, homophobic, southern-adjacent state, gay and lesbian couples and singles are living out and successfully more than anyone could have predicted even 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 232December 15, 2020 11:25 AM

what does paywall mean on this site?

by Anonymousreply 233December 15, 2020 11:28 AM

R233, it is when a thread has the security status changed so that only paying customers can post to it. Everyone can still read it, just not post. There are also times when ALL threads are blocked from posting by non-payers. That is called "prime time." The timing seems to be completely random.

by Anonymousreply 234December 15, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote] Phil Rucker's on Brian Williams' show right now and has his drapes drawn.

That's because he's broadcasting with a shirt and tie on, but no pants.

by Anonymousreply 235December 15, 2020 3:55 PM

Phil is husband material. He's so cute. He's also in good shape. There's a picture of him running with Axel in a park (which I'd post but Instagram is down) and he's quite trim.

by Anonymousreply 236December 15, 2020 5:13 PM

Axel must secretly be a cat -- dogs are too loyal to blab family secrets like that!

by Anonymousreply 237December 15, 2020 5:53 PM

The absolute best backdrop in these zoom talking head appearances is handsome lawyer Andrew Weissman's home. I swear he moves to a new fabulous room with incredible furniture and art each time he appears. Clearly a gay of cultured tastes with the dough to back it up. I wonder where his money comes from?

by Anonymousreply 238December 15, 2020 8:56 PM

My favorite was when Weissman's dog walked into the frame, turned around a few times and took a nap. 🐶

by Anonymousreply 239December 15, 2020 9:06 PM

Weismann either has a rich partner or he comes from money. (He’s hush hush about his parents and his current family). He didn’t earn that loft with government pay, and only practiced privately for 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 240December 15, 2020 9:20 PM

It’s so fun that we get to see the inside all these people’s homes now. It’s a rare bright side of the pandemic.

I love A.B. Stoddard’s fireplace and crown molding.

by Anonymousreply 241December 15, 2020 9:27 PM

Dr. Kavita Patel could really up her background and lighting game. She always looks like she’s Zooming from a home office that’s in a carpeted utility room in the basement. It depresses me.

by Anonymousreply 242December 15, 2020 9:29 PM

Some of these doctors practically live on msnbc. Do they do any medical work? Sheesh

by Anonymousreply 243December 15, 2020 9:33 PM

Yeah Kavita needs a reno

by Anonymousreply 244December 15, 2020 9:42 PM

Claire McCaskill moved out of her kitchen and into her living room with a Christmas tree.

by Anonymousreply 245December 15, 2020 9:42 PM

I think Robert Costa would be total boyfriend or husband material if he’s gay... and seems like there’s a good chance he is, right?

by Anonymousreply 246December 15, 2020 10:30 PM

I can't bear Dr. Lipi Roy's insufferable politeness.

by Anonymousreply 247December 15, 2020 10:30 PM

Has anyone else noticed a disturbing new trend in Joy's responses to her guests? She appears to stop listening and just says "yeah....yeah...." to however they respond. She seems to be getting ahead of the conversation and only focused on her own next talking point and not properly listening.

This is something just in recent weeks. I wonder if she has producers yammering in her ear pieces all the time?

by Anonymousreply 248December 15, 2020 10:35 PM

R248, I have friends who do that and it’s incredibly annoying...

by Anonymousreply 249December 15, 2020 10:54 PM

That’s why Joy sometimes asks questions that have already been answered by her guests and, speculates about things that have already been clarified when she’s anchoring breaking news. She’s not listening sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 250December 15, 2020 10:59 PM

Joy always thinks she’s the smartest person in the room. Joy is a know-it-all in a very different way than Rachel is.

by Anonymousreply 251December 15, 2020 11:03 PM

Steve Schmidt is so annoying now. He’s been giving the same over dramatic monologue on every show for weeks now.

by Anonymousreply 252December 15, 2020 11:10 PM

^but he may be right

by Anonymousreply 253December 15, 2020 11:15 PM

Speaking of Steve Schmidt, he just announced on Joy's show that he has joined the Democratic party.

by Anonymousreply 254December 15, 2020 11:16 PM

R253 maybe. But how many times do we need to hear how he thinks we’re 1930s Germany now? We got his point the first time. He’s all in on the fear porn. Probably found out that when liberals are afraid they donate more money to scam organizations like the Lincoln project. I wish one day one anchor would ask him if he felt guilty raising $50 million to have his ads have a POSITIVE net gain for trump.

by Anonymousreply 255December 15, 2020 11:20 PM

Can Dr. Elnahal marry me? 😍😍😍

How did MSNBC find the best looking doctors to provide “expert insight”?

by Anonymousreply 256December 15, 2020 11:41 PM

[quote]Has anyone else noticed a disturbing new trend in Joy's responses to her guests? She appears to stop listening and just says "yeah....yeah...." to however they respond.

It’s no worse than Ari Melber's usual response of "Huh" to his guests.

by Anonymousreply 257December 15, 2020 11:45 PM

Phil Rucker is sexy as fuck. I adore his lisp.

You just know he’s a hot fuck

by Anonymousreply 258December 15, 2020 11:54 PM

I took note of hot Dr. Elnahal, too. Whoa!! Hope we see a lot more of him instead Dr. Lipi Roy.

by Anonymousreply 259December 16, 2020 12:17 AM

Hi Phil, at R258!

by Anonymousreply 260December 16, 2020 12:38 AM

Gang, check out NC Gov. Cooper (D)'s home ambiance right now on MSNBC.

It features the first instance of a fire-lit fireplace, I think.

by Anonymousreply 261December 16, 2020 12:47 AM

Gang, R261??? Don't you mean Tasteful Friends?

by Anonymousreply 262December 16, 2020 12:51 AM

I used to enjoy AM Joy several years back, and even wanted her to have a daily primetime show. But she's gotten too big for her britches, so to speak. And when she starts acting ghetto, it makes me very uncomfortable. I'm now wishing tptb had kept her on weekends.

by Anonymousreply 263December 16, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote]Has anyone else noticed a disturbing new trend in Joy's responses to her guests? She appears to stop listening and just says "yeah....yeah...." to however they respond. She seems to be getting ahead of the conversation and only focused on her own next talking point and not properly listening.

It's not new, and other hosts do it too.

It's one way they try to make the guest wind down because they're due for a commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 264December 16, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote]Claire McCaskill moved out of her kitchen and into her living room with a Christmas tree.

We should get the whole tour next time.

by Anonymousreply 265December 16, 2020 1:14 AM

Rachel with another episode of "Maddow reads the NYT so you don't have to".

Which is OK considering NYT's paywall.

by Anonymousreply 266December 16, 2020 1:20 AM

[quote]Dr. Kavita Patel could really up her background and lighting game. She always looks like she’s Zooming from a home office that’s in a carpeted utility room in the basement.

So I take it you don't like this look . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267December 16, 2020 1:23 AM

R5, you sure that's not one of the Amish brothers arrested for raping their sister?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268December 16, 2020 1:25 AM

R267, it’s like she moonlights at another job when she’s not on TV.

by Anonymousreply 269December 16, 2020 1:26 AM

I've always taken the background in Dr. Patel's appearances as a waiting room or office in her clinic, not somewhere in her house. As she's on MSNBC as a professional consultant, taking a break from her medical duties, it seems very appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 270December 16, 2020 1:37 AM

R270, and how exactly does that explain her insistence on appearing on-air without proper lighting?

by Anonymousreply 271December 16, 2020 1:42 AM

Gee, r271, I can only think she's probably busy saving lives. I can see her just fine....perhaps you finally need to purchase an HD TV?

by Anonymousreply 272December 16, 2020 1:44 AM

Newly minted Democrat Steve Schmidt's humble abode (in Utah?) looks like Club Med glitz.

Recess lighting, gold tones and all.

by Anonymousreply 273December 16, 2020 2:29 AM

Visual of above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 16, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote]a cozy afternoon with Claire McCaskill in her sunny kitchen, enjoying a cup or two of coffee and her 3-tiered cookie plate,

That's a kitchen where you cradle your mug.

by Anonymousreply 275December 16, 2020 2:32 AM

I love Steve Schmidt's house. The kitchen is awesome, too, and someone on another thread said he's done segments from outside.

by Anonymousreply 276December 16, 2020 2:36 AM

Guess this is the last time Steve Schmidt gets the caption "Republican strategist".

by Anonymousreply 277December 16, 2020 2:39 AM

R277, they stopped calling him that when he left the Republican party many months ago. Sometimes they call him a former Republican strategist or a former McCain advisor or various other monikers that make it clear he is not currently a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 278December 16, 2020 2:45 AM

this is not specific to MSNBC as a lot of news hosts do this on any channel but I really hate how so many are superfans of any celeb viewers and act like giddy children when they have them on as a guest. In general I only want to see a celeb on a news show if that celeb is doing something newsworthy. If they're just on to give an opinion about politics, that's worthless and a waste of time for me.

Lawrence, as seriously as he takes himself, is a super celeb ass kisser which surprised me but then again he had that hollywood stint before getting his MSNBC show

by Anonymousreply 279December 16, 2020 5:06 AM

Dr. Vin Gupta is my favorite doc to see on tv. He's so handsome. I wish he had a shirtless pic online but he doesn't have an instagram, only a twitter

by Anonymousreply 280December 16, 2020 5:07 AM

Jason Johnson ragging on Mayor Pete tonight (as usual), saying Pete failed up. Was glad Brain Williams and Tim Miller defended Pete. Yeah, army vet, Harvard grad, Rhodes scholar is “failing up”. Fuck Jason Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 281December 16, 2020 5:27 AM

Black peeps do not see being gay as a minority. To Jason Johnson, who was reminded that Pete was a Rhodes Scholar and vet, he is just another white guy.

A white guy who cinched Biden's nomination just as much as Black women did.

Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 282December 16, 2020 5:45 AM

[quote]this is not specific to MSNBC as a lot of news hosts do this on any channel but I really hate how so many are superfans of any celeb viewers and act like giddy children when they have them on as a guest.

The worst offender by far is Ari Melber.

by Anonymousreply 283December 16, 2020 11:46 AM

I like Michael Schmidt. He's a bit monotone and he's got baby teeth still, but he's sexy to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 16, 2020 12:01 PM

Mike Schmidt always reminds me of David Sedaris...I wonder if he's still banging Nicolle Wallace..

by Anonymousreply 285December 16, 2020 12:07 PM

Yes! R283, some of Ari's celeb guests are promoting something that has nothing to do with politics, and some of them seem to be people he crossed paths with and invited them on the show so he could fawn over them.

by Anonymousreply 286December 16, 2020 12:20 PM

Oh I don't know, at least on MSNBC, the celeb appearances are so rare, I like the fresh air they bring in just to break things up. Ben Stiller was actually very sweet with Lawrence last night.

by Anonymousreply 287December 16, 2020 12:22 PM

WEHT Andrew Yang? I thought he might figure into Biden's campaign and cabinet but he seems to have disappeared from national TV.

And Gov. Jay Inslee? Couldn't he be recruited for Biden's Presidency in some conservationist post?

by Anonymousreply 288December 16, 2020 12:26 PM

R288, I read a few days ago that Andrew Yang is considering a run for mayor of NYC. I have no idea if it's true, as I can't remember where I saw the headline, so I'm not sure of its credibility.

by Anonymousreply 289December 16, 2020 12:29 PM

R280 - how about a pic going in the other direction:

Of him wearing a jacket & tie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 16, 2020 1:11 PM

[quote] Newly minted Democrat Steve Schmidt's humble abode (in Utah?) looks like Club Med glitz.

Omg at R273.

I want to move in with Steve Schmidt!

Anyone know if he's single? It's so cozy. I'd love to snuggle with him by the fire.

by Anonymousreply 291December 16, 2020 1:19 PM

Vin was getting his vaccine today on one of those morning shows, did anyone watch? Did you get a good long look at his bicep?

by Anonymousreply 292December 16, 2020 1:20 PM

[quote] Vin was getting his vaccine today on one of those morning shows

Bummer.

28 Days from now, he'll be a blood-spitting zombie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 16, 2020 1:23 PM

Oh, I always swoon over Dr. Gupta. Such a pretty man with that gorgeous skin.

by Anonymousreply 294December 16, 2020 1:46 PM

Dr. Gupta always says something new about the virus that I hadn’t heard yet and he’s just wonderfully blunt. So sexy.

I imagine him having a very tight body with nice washboard abs.

by Anonymousreply 295December 16, 2020 2:23 PM

you can see his arm here. I'm glad he's not as skinny as I thought he'd be but I was hoping for more muscle development

still sexy though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 16, 2020 7:02 PM

The thing I love most about Vin Gupta is that he's always so pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 297December 16, 2020 7:18 PM

It’s true, r289.

by Anonymousreply 298December 16, 2020 7:27 PM

Is Vin Gupta cut?

by Anonymousreply 299December 16, 2020 8:02 PM

Rucker is on Nicolle Wallace right now and his curtains are open. Maybe it should become a thing that we have a conspiracy theory about what it means when they are open and what it means when they are closed.

by Anonymousreply 300December 16, 2020 8:15 PM

The curtains are probably open to provide a view of the picturesque falling snow in DC.

by Anonymousreply 301December 16, 2020 8:17 PM

No snow, just rain/melted snow on the windows. Of the slightly elevated first floor with traffic going by.

by Anonymousreply 302December 16, 2020 8:18 PM

Last night I could see Jeremy Peters' GIGANTIC HDTV mounted on the wall over his left shoulder. He has mastered the art of flattering lighting and filtering from his home base, He looked dreamy . . .

by Anonymousreply 303December 16, 2020 8:20 PM

Vin Gupta's flawless, glowing forehead is a screen upon which we can project all our Desi-Desiring fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 304December 16, 2020 8:22 PM

Sorry, R302, that's a second-floor apartment. Buildings like that, as someone pointed out above, don't have stoops. It's more likely a flat, ground-floor entrance with not-terribly-high ceilings, or it may be commercial on the first floor.

by Anonymousreply 305December 16, 2020 8:32 PM

Phil should stream video of his large picture windows, 24/7.

I'll bet that people would actually tune in to that.. lol.

by Anonymousreply 306December 16, 2020 8:37 PM

Ari M. shouldn't have a show. He's just awful. He's better as a contributor. He and Andrea Mitchell are just painful to watch/

by Anonymousreply 307December 16, 2020 8:41 PM

R307, you are so right. I wish they'd find a spot for Ari where he has to have his shirt off. I imagine he's so hairy, you would have to run your fingers into his chest hair and .... well, you woudn't *have* to, but you might *want* to.

by Anonymousreply 308December 16, 2020 8:53 PM

If you watch carefully you'll note that the underside of Ari's wrists (and forearms, I'm guessing) are hairy. That's a lot of body hair.

by Anonymousreply 309December 16, 2020 9:02 PM

I like hairy guys like him. He's just a lousy host.

by Anonymousreply 310December 16, 2020 9:04 PM

I know where Phil Rucker lives..I'm going to stand outside his window and wave

by Anonymousreply 311December 16, 2020 9:04 PM

Ari’s arms and legs appear to be very hairy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 16, 2020 9:05 PM

I can only hope that that is just a very unflattering photo of Ari at r312. How disappointing!

by Anonymousreply 313December 16, 2020 9:14 PM

As I watched Nicolle do her segment on Mayor Pete today and she brought in one of her reporters, cute Geoff Bennett to comment, it made me wonder if MSNBC should have some out gay reporters to comment on gay issues and politicians, as they would for black ones. Of course, Geoff Bennett is not gay and he thus brought no personal point of view to the story.

by Anonymousreply 314December 16, 2020 9:16 PM

Lots of Jewish guys look like that, R313.

Why are you so surprised.

It's probably just a bad photo any way, because he looks really good on camera.

by Anonymousreply 315December 16, 2020 9:17 PM

[quote] it made me wonder if MSNBC should have some out gay reporters to comment on gay issues and politicians, as they would for black ones

Jonathan Capehart has been doing this.

When he was subbing for A.M. Joy on the weekends, he would often have all-gay panel discussions, and it was great.

That's what I love about Jonathan. He can cover anything. Black issues, white issues, gay issues, and whatever else. Because he's a pro.

Unlike Joy Reid.

Jonathan is not one-dimensional. He's smart enough to tackle pretty much any topic that comes up.

by Anonymousreply 316December 16, 2020 9:20 PM

He lives around 9th and M St NW. Across the street from a hideous condo building

by Anonymousreply 317December 16, 2020 9:24 PM

Nicolle had Phil Rucker on her show today. She should have asked him to comment on Buttigieg if she was looking for a gay perspective.

by Anonymousreply 318December 16, 2020 9:25 PM

Ari is one of those guys who looks very good dressed up in a suit, but looks less flattering with fewer clothes.

by Anonymousreply 319December 16, 2020 9:29 PM

[quote] Nicolle had Phil Rucker on her show today. She should have asked him to comment on Buttigieg

Actually, she should have asked him what floor he lives on.

And followed that up with why he closes his curtains when he appears on the Brian Williams show.

That's what we really want to know.

by Anonymousreply 320December 16, 2020 9:32 PM

Who are or were the out gay commentators on Jonathan Capehart's show, r316? Are there any besides Jonathan? Even that Tim fellow (with the hidden man bun) never seems to comment on gay issues though I know he's an out gay.

Yes, Phil would be perfect at this though I don't think he's ever identified himself as gay on MSNBC.

This really needs to happen on MSNBC!

by Anonymousreply 321December 16, 2020 9:36 PM

I actually started a thread about this in August R321.

I was so impressed with Jonathan's hosting AM Joy, and suggested that he should have his own show.

And now he does!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322December 16, 2020 9:40 PM

I've been away from DL for a couple of years and so missed your thread but will have a look and bump it, r322.

by Anonymousreply 323December 16, 2020 9:43 PM

Jonathan capehearts all gay panels are usually just him and a bunch of black dykes. He would never allow a white gay man on his show

by Anonymousreply 324December 16, 2020 9:43 PM

What do we think about Dr. Adam Berman who got vaccinated on TV and was interviewed by Ari last night? Ari asked him if he was afraid of needles. (Spoiler alert: he is not).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325December 17, 2020 12:30 AM

Very cute. Wish he was my doctor! Ari almost seemed to be flirting with him....I actually wondered if they were old friends.

by Anonymousreply 326December 17, 2020 1:00 AM

Joy Reid had Sam Brody of the Daily Beast on reporting about Kelly Loeffler's real estate shenanigans. This beard bohunk was a nice piece of eye candy...he flooded Mama's basement.....

by Anonymousreply 327December 17, 2020 1:05 AM

I just don't understand the format of Brian Williams' show. He starts off with three guests, asking them each questions on different subjects for two rounds of questioning, then he goes to commercial and comes back with just one new guest.

by Anonymousreply 328December 17, 2020 1:54 AM

It seems you understand it perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 329December 17, 2020 5:14 AM

R328 Look how late Brian Williams is on. He's lucky to get any live guests at all.

by Anonymousreply 330December 17, 2020 5:21 AM

[quote] Black peeps do not see being gay as a minority. To Jason Johnson, who was reminded that Pete was a Rhodes Scholar and vet, he is just another white guy. A white guy who cinched Biden's nomination just as much as Black women did. Fuck them.

R282, when you say that Black people "do not see being gay as a minority", I assume that you don't mean that Black people consider gay people to be a statistical majority of the population (which isn't true)? Or do you mean that Black people don't believe that gays are a cultural minority that is entitled to the same deference or sympathy or respect that's accorded to Black people as a statistical minority in a population that's always been composed primarily of white people?

I know that some Black people feel that their race has suffered more than any other group of people that's been discriminated against by the dominant cultural group in American society, including native Americans, Jews, women, etc. I find that comparing grievances is a futile waste of energy and there's plenty of historical mistreatment to go around -- acknowledging that gay people have grounds to resent the majority doesn't belittle the experience of other groups that have also been targets. I expect that Jason Johnson is one of those narrow-minded Black people who refuses to share his hurt feelings with anyone else who's been kicked while down, and maybe that's one reason I don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 331December 17, 2020 7:04 AM

[quote]Black peeps do not see being gay as a minority. To Jason Johnson, who was reminded that Pete was a Rhodes Scholar and vet, he is just another white guy. A white guy who cinched Biden's nomination just as much as Black women did. Fuck them.

Pete had nothing to do with cinching Biden's nom. How foolish and pathetic of you. Where in the hell else were his supporters going?

Black women are in fact the reason Biden got it, along with why he won GA, along with why Roy Moore never got to the fucking senate. And what you're too fucking stupid, racist and arrogant to get is that gay, white men can HIDE being gay if they feel it advances their ambitions. We have countless examples of repugnant, gay, white men who have done just that to advance the Republican party. A black person cannot hide their race.

You are a complete horse's ass.

by Anonymousreply 332December 17, 2020 7:52 AM

[quote] Actually, she should have asked him what floor he lives on. And followed that up with why he closes his curtains when he appears on the Brian Williams show. That's what we really want to know.

R320, the answer is: because it's dark outside. Williams' show starts at 11 p.m. EST.

by Anonymousreply 333December 17, 2020 8:00 AM

R332, a lot of Pete's supporters wouldn't have voted at all if he hadn't pushed them to get on the Biden train.

I followed several Pete groups on Reddit and other places, and they were overwhelmingly devastated when Pete dropped out and immediately started saying they would never support Biden. People in the states that hadn't had a primary yet were saying they were going to vote for Pete anyway, and they wouldn't bother voting in the general, because (according to what they thought at the time) Trump was doomed to lose anyway.

It was Pete's speeches and TV appearances and exhortations that Biden was our best chance to defeat Trump that made them grudgingly agree within a week or so that everyone should follow Pete's "Rules of the Road" and work to help Biden defeat Trump.

Of course Black women were critically important to Biden's win and he couldn't have done it without them. But he also would likely have lost if any one group in the coalition withdrew its support. Black people, lgbtq people, Hispanic people, immigrants, the medical community, Republican never-Trumpers, even white men without a college degree, since something like 40 percent of them voted for Biden -- if you pull out the support of any one of those groups, Biden would have lost.

If Black women had failed to support Biden in such numbers, he would have lost massively, but if any of his voters had stayed home or voted for Trump, his loss might have been smaller, but it would have been equally decisive.

We can't afford infighting over whose support is more important. We need to appreciate the contributions and votes of everyone on our side.

by Anonymousreply 334December 17, 2020 9:50 AM

Is Brian's show actually live? Or taped earlier? I ask because there's never a hand-off from Lawrence, just an announcement that the 11th Hour is next.

by Anonymousreply 335December 17, 2020 12:14 PM

R335, It's live, but I think about the hand-offs, too, since they are so random.

The morning and early afternoon shows don't do it. Nicolle does one to Ari. Ari doesn't do one to Joy and Joy doesn't do one to Chris. Chris does one to Rachel and Rachel does one to Lawrence. The end.

I wonder if they were allowed to choose when they set up the formats of their shows, and BW just likes starting his show with "Good evening, today is day 14XX whatever of the Trump Administration." And maybe Joy felt like starting her new show she didn't want to start with an ad lib that might distract her preparation. Just questions.

I remember back when Keith Olbermann was on in the hour before Rachel, they always did a hand-off and were friendly, but there was gossip that no one else on the network would do a hand-off with him, because they all hated him.

by Anonymousreply 336December 17, 2020 12:54 PM

On Way Too Early this morning, Nick Johnston from Axios was in his kitchen and behind him was a small blackboard with the week's menu:

Sunday meatballs, Monday pork chops, Tuesday chili, Wednesday tacos, Thursday takeout, Friday pizza

by Anonymousreply 337December 17, 2020 1:05 PM

Ari did a great job during the Muller Investigation period and impeachment. At his best when he discusses legal issues with other legal experts. However, his lame jokes and rap references interjected into serious conversations are awful. As are his hmmm, and blank faces when guests make cogent points. I believe he would love to have an entertainment show, centering on music and culture. His scope is limited though, centering on hip hop and hollywood writers and celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 338December 17, 2020 1:29 PM

Nicolle fired up on Twitter last night:

Are we really talking about the f word in any context other than the f-ing people who stood by Trump as he boasted about “grabbing women in the pussy”, smeared “shit hole countries” called black NFL players “sons of bitches” and assaulted our democracy while ignoring covid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339December 17, 2020 1:43 PM

What is the "fucking" reference about? I must have missed it.

by Anonymousreply 340December 17, 2020 2:06 PM

Leslie Jones comments...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341December 17, 2020 3:32 PM

It was this, R340:

[quote] MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Uses NSFW Trump Quotes to Dismiss Sen Rubio’s Complaints About Cursing

MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace scoffed after Sen. Marco Rubio complained about inappropriate language from government officials, using past quotes from President Donald Trump to make her point.

“Are we really talking about the f-word in any context other than the f–ing people who stood by Trump as he boasted about ‘grabbing women in the pu–y’, smeared ‘sh–hole countries’ called black NFL players ‘sons of bit–es’ and assaulted our democracy while ignoring Covid?” she tweeted Wednesday night. (Censoring courtesy of TheWrap; Wallace spelled it all out.)

Earlier Wednesday, Rubio tweeted, “Biden talks about unity and healing, but you want to know what they really think? Read how the person he wants as the next WH deputy chief of staff called Republicans in Congress a bunch of f***ers.”

Incoming deputy chief of staff Jen O’Malley Dillon did, in fact, use that word in a Wednesday interview with Glamour. She also called Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell “terrible.”

Wallace also retweeted Kimberly Atkins, an MSNBC contributor who wrote, “The number of elected members of Congress that have dropped the f-bomb or use other not-fit-for-print language in conversations with me is in the double digits. Add their staff, that number likely triples. Unclutch your pearls.”

NSFW language — especially when it comes to describing Republicans — isn’t new for Wallace, who served as White House communications director for former president George W. Bush. In a viral video from 2019, she used the word “chickensh–” to describe conservative Fox News and CNN pundits who suggested that Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman, an official who was on the National Security Council, was disloyal and possibly a spy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342December 17, 2020 6:38 PM

Thanks for that, r342.

Nicolle is a goddess!

by Anonymousreply 343December 17, 2020 6:47 PM

In his Insta posting today Phil has a few shots of his apartment and the window CLEARLY reveals he's on a second floor. Also, his apartment (and doggie) are lovely.

by Anonymousreply 344December 17, 2020 6:49 PM

I get the distinct impression that Phil Rucker is naked from the waist down, when he appears on air.

by Anonymousreply 345December 17, 2020 6:51 PM

Hottie Matt Bradley on for the first time in quite a while. Looking good. He has great teeth and eyes. Nice living room background too with big symbolic medallions on the walls.

by Anonymousreply 346December 17, 2020 7:34 PM

You are so wrong, R324.

The panel that R321 asked about was very diverse.

I looked up the date of that AM Joy show and it was August 23, 2020.

I had linked the actual discussion in the thread at R322, but it's gone now. I guess that most sites that stream these shows, get rid of them after so many months. That was four months ago, and the video is gone now.

I should have saved it on my computer, just so I could prove you wrong.

He had men and women on the panel, black and white. But all gay.

by Anonymousreply 347December 17, 2020 8:35 PM

Leslie Jones is a hilarious. I only do Twitter for two things: Rate My Skype Room and Leslie Jones.

by Anonymousreply 348December 17, 2020 8:41 PM

Someone needs to out that pearl-clutching midget Marco Rubio.

by Anonymousreply 349December 17, 2020 10:08 PM

I came here to admit that Yasmine Vossoughian is indeed awful. She's standing in for Ari and I couldn't take more than 10 minutes of her. She's too DRY.

I turned over to CNN, and it was no better. Wolf needs to retire. I guess it's time to watch Big Bang reruns.

by Anonymousreply 350December 17, 2020 10:39 PM

I also turned to Wolf though I can't stand his weird sentence pauses. At least the intensity and pitch of voice was down to a bearable level.

MSNBC has too much shrieking (for lack of a better word) hosts - male and female alike.

by Anonymousreply 351December 17, 2020 10:46 PM

Yasmin seems like a very angry woman.

by Anonymousreply 352December 17, 2020 11:05 PM

I now take an evening break from MSNBC and tune into Anderson at 8. Chris Hayes has indeed become too shrill. And I like Anderson's folks: Dana Bash, David Axelrod, Gloria Borger and (of course!) Jim Acosta. Must also say I really miss Jeffrey Toobin - how badly he fucked up!

by Anonymousreply 353December 17, 2020 11:20 PM

I like the 'Yaz' - she's better than that smarmy Ari and all that hip-hop rap shit. He don't have the 'blood' to be cool.

Ms. Cooper seems rather tongue tied most of the time whereas his panel/guests are far more articulate. Ms. Hayes (as others have noted) is screaming a bit too much - maybe he's auditioning for Wolf Blitzkrieg's job when his number is up.

by Anonymousreply 354December 17, 2020 11:29 PM

I'm done watching Joy. I can't take her laughing, silly and being so fucking loud.

by Anonymousreply 355December 17, 2020 11:42 PM

[quote] I'm done watching Joy. I can't take her laughing, silly and being so fucking loud.

I never STARTED watching her in the first place, so it has worked out quite well for me.

She's a homophobic twat. And a liar. And a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 356December 17, 2020 11:45 PM

[quote] gay, white men can HIDE being gay if they feel it advances their ambitions.

See: Mayo Pete Buttigieg. Who now jumps on the “first openly gay whatever!” bandwagon after hiding in the closet all those years while all the real pioneers bravely came out.

by Anonymousreply 357December 17, 2020 11:52 PM

[quote] Mayo Pete Buttigieg. Who now jumps on the “first openly gay whatever!” bandwagon after hiding in the closet all those years while all the real pioneers bravely came out.

I'm headed to Washington, bitches!

I'm going to be the First Lady of Transportation.

And there's nothing you twats can do about it.

So long, South Bend! And good riddance!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358December 17, 2020 11:57 PM

Chasten's come a long way from this photo . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359December 18, 2020 12:57 AM

Where is this alleged frothiness between Rachel and Chris?

by Anonymousreply 360December 18, 2020 1:02 AM

That photo at R359 is actually the best I've ever seen Chasten look.

I actually don't find him attractive, but in that photo, he's halfway decent.

by Anonymousreply 361December 18, 2020 1:04 AM

CLINT WATTS hotter than hot FBI guy, on with Brian Williams now......OMG, why the hell aren't we talking about him instead of Phil Rucker's golden drapes??

by Anonymousreply 362December 18, 2020 3:13 AM

Clint has actually inspired several threads of his own.

by Anonymousreply 363December 18, 2020 3:15 AM

Clint Watts: Gay?:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364December 18, 2020 3:15 AM

[quote] OMG, why the hell aren't we talking about him instead of Phil Rucker's golden drapes??

I have a feeling that Phil Rucker has BEEF CURTAINS, and not golden drapes.

by Anonymousreply 365December 18, 2020 4:02 AM

Clint Watts, with his Sgt. Friday dead pan "just the facts ma'am delivery" does it for me.

by Anonymousreply 366December 19, 2020 3:57 AM

Have we reached a consensus that Clint Watts is gay?

Is this his boyfriend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367December 19, 2020 4:00 AM

Clint looks very sexy here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 19, 2020 4:02 AM

R368 - then you'd probably like this pic because he's a little scruffy here too . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 19, 2020 1:08 PM

He has very low body fat you can tell by the facial wasting

by Anonymousreply 370December 19, 2020 1:44 PM

Not hot.

by Anonymousreply 371December 19, 2020 2:49 PM

I don't think Clint ever looks quite as hot in photos as he does on TV. He has a silver beard now which looks great and l love his new eye glasses and wardrobe choices....very hip..

Yes, I'm a hopeless fanboi. Clint Watts, Former FBI Agent......sounds mythic.

by Anonymousreply 372December 19, 2020 2:55 PM

Ok. Enough. Can we get back to me now?

by Anonymousreply 373December 19, 2020 3:15 PM

[QUOTE] Yasmin seems like a very angry woman.

Have you seen her leg?

[QUOTE] Wolf Blitzkrieg

Wolf’s family escaped the Holocaust during WW2. I’m sure you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 374December 19, 2020 3:46 PM

he's on MSNBC now

by Anonymousreply 375December 19, 2020 4:37 PM

In his cultured Tennessee drawl, I could listen to wordsmith/senior statesman Jon Meacham all day. He's the most adept at eviscerating Trump, using intelligence and historical reference, calmly presented in the most matter-of-fact way possibly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376December 19, 2020 5:07 PM

R376 Hear, hear! I'm a huge fan as well. He's very soothing to listen to. He's the Bob Ross of MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 377December 19, 2020 5:31 PM

Adore Jon Meacham! Can you imagine having him as your college professor? Lots of apples for the teacher, no doubt! Who gets to be Teacher's Pet?

by Anonymousreply 378December 19, 2020 5:52 PM

You guys have terrible taste in men!

Jon Meacham? Phil Rucker??

Please. Vaughn is the hottest. Period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379December 19, 2020 6:59 PM

Ayman is hotter than Miss Vaughn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 19, 2020 7:23 PM

Anyone who could write a fawning bio of GHW Bush is so not hot. Not to mention Andrew Jackson. He glommed on to Biden out of sheer self-preservation.

by Anonymousreply 381December 19, 2020 7:31 PM

[quote] Anyone who could write a fawning bio of GHW Bush is so not hot. Not to mention Andrew Jackson. He glommed on to Biden out of sheer self-preservation.

Are you talking about Jon Meacham?

My understanding is that he's also very religious, as well.

by Anonymousreply 382December 19, 2020 7:34 PM

Jon Meacham may be knowledgeable regarding history but he is coma inducing with his long, drawn out explanations. I find Michael Beschloss more interesting plus his extremely tasteful backdrop gets an 'A' from me.

Now Joe Scarface-borough is a total slog regardless of the topic. I have yet to watch a segment where he didn't spout "When I was in Congress" BS - who cares what you did 25 years ago! The days when he is not there are pure bliss and when Teleprompter Mika is MIA it's a day that is heaven sent! I only watch for some of the guests and their regulars - Johnathan LeMire in particular.

by Anonymousreply 383December 19, 2020 8:14 PM

Jon Meachum has BDF.

by Anonymousreply 384December 19, 2020 8:58 PM

Now back to hot guys...

Here's Gadi Scwartz about to check in to the Dude Motel:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385December 19, 2020 9:07 PM

Here's Ayman looking very stylish on the cover of Middle East GQ. He's attractive, other than the too big ears. He's wearing $2,600 worth of clothes here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 19, 2020 10:39 PM

Phil Rucker looks like he cries after sex.

by Anonymousreply 387December 19, 2020 10:44 PM

Phil Rucker looks like he doesn't have sex.

by Anonymousreply 388December 19, 2020 10:48 PM

[quote] Phil Rucker looks like he doesn't have sex.

Maybe he cries after he uses his vibrator.

by Anonymousreply 389December 19, 2020 10:52 PM

Vaughn seems like a screamer.

by Anonymousreply 390December 19, 2020 11:06 PM

Jonathen Lemire has BDF. And is a ginger.

by Anonymousreply 391December 19, 2020 11:07 PM

No love for Robert Costa?

by Anonymousreply 392December 19, 2020 11:49 PM

R385 - Gadi isn't going to have any luck with that look on his face.

I like this one better . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393December 20, 2020 12:31 AM

I read that whole thing, thanks for sharing R386

by Anonymousreply 394December 20, 2020 2:23 AM

Is the photo at r5 of Temple Grandin?

by Anonymousreply 395December 20, 2020 2:25 AM

R25 and R71, here's an Architectural Digest feature on Donnie Deutsch's 6-story townhouse. It's noted that the article originally appeared in the October 2011 issue; based on image 8, very little has changed in the years since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396December 20, 2020 4:57 AM

Vaughn Hillyard looks like a knee hugger. I could dress him in red and gingerly place him on a sturdy limb of my Christmas tree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397December 20, 2020 5:20 AM

Jonathan Capeheart and his crew need to rethink his show's look. The graphics, colors, fonts, etc. are not reflective of his sophisticated, urbane bearing, instead they scream "cheezy" and should be scrapped and subjected to a frame-one redesign.

by Anonymousreply 398December 20, 2020 6:33 PM

Dang, who’s the hot bearded nerd daddy on Maddow right now? Look at that apartment!

by Anonymousreply 399December 22, 2020 1:56 AM

Capeheart is insufferable. That girl takes herself WAY too seriously. Tiffany Cross should have been given both days. She’s a significantly better host.

by Anonymousreply 400December 22, 2020 1:58 AM

Tiffany's nasal high pitched voice is awful. She should engage a vocal coach.

by Anonymousreply 401December 22, 2020 2:50 AM

Agree about Tiffany's voice. For awhile I thought she had it somewhat under control, but then.....no. She needs help.

by Anonymousreply 402December 22, 2020 2:53 AM

Why does this guest Dr. Haseltine always wear jackets trimmed with big brass buttons? Is it a weird uniform of some sort?

by Anonymousreply 403December 22, 2020 3:18 AM

R403, I have no idea, but have you read about his accomplished family? His grandfather, father, siblings all insanely educated"

"Haseltine has devoted his career to improvements in human health. He was born to a scientific family. His grandfather was an engineer, his father a Ph.D. physicist. He was raised at the Naval Ordnance Test Station at China Lake in the Mojave Desert of California, surrounded by weapons scientists and engineers. His older sister Florence received both a Ph.D. in biophysics and an M.D., and his younger brother Eric a Ph.D. in neurobiology. His younger sister Susan became a specialist in computer systems. His early life is described in the book Rapture by Brian Alexander (1d) and Gene Masters by Ingrid Winkelgren (3d).

Haseltine graduated from Sherman E. Burroughs High School in 1962. He received a B.A. in chemistry from the University of California, Berkeley in 1966 and a Ph.D. in biophysics from Harvard University in 1973. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404December 22, 2020 4:55 AM

I always like seeing him because he looks like my grandfather

by Anonymousreply 405December 22, 2020 4:56 AM

I love all the scientists and medical experts on MSNBC. Some grandfatherly and assuring, others just the facts types. These men and women are our only hope, or along with the new administration's mission, our defense. Against covid, and the anti maskers and hoax criers.

by Anonymousreply 406December 22, 2020 1:32 PM

Watching the amazing Dr. Fauci get his vaccine shot now. I can't believe this man is 80 years old! I wish my bicep looked that firm.

by Anonymousreply 407December 22, 2020 2:36 PM

Speaking of sexy TV doctors, WEHT the sexy "Dr Covid" who was all over MSNBC in the spring until he came down with Covid himself. Has he been cancelled? Is he a sex pest? I hope not since he's too good looking for any of that nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 408December 22, 2020 5:15 PM

Oh yeah! What was that doctor's name again? Can anyone link a photo? That all seems so long ago.

by Anonymousreply 409December 22, 2020 5:50 PM

Love me some Gabe DeBenedetti

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410December 22, 2020 6:08 PM

Joseph Fair, R408. I’ve been wondering about him too. He began masking early on in the pandemic, and thought he might have contracted covid through his eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411December 22, 2020 6:17 PM

Dang. Nicolle Wallace is nailing Chris Christie to the wall right now.

"I don't remember you saying ________" half a dozen times on several of Trump's egregious acts, comments, and tweets.

by Anonymousreply 412December 22, 2020 9:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413December 22, 2020 9:55 PM

[Quote]It is my sense, and I know you said in an interview with Hugh Hewitt, you haven’t ruled out a run in 2024. I don’t remember you coming out and forcefully pushing back against Donald Trump’s comments on the ‘Access Hollywood’ tape … I didn’t hear you, after he called African nations bleep-hole nations. I didn’t hear you distance yourself from this president at any point until the target for his ire and lawlessness was the democracy you haven’t ruled out leading in four years. Are you simply making a political calculation that you could clean the Trump stink off you faster than Marco Rubio or some of the other competitors?”

by Anonymousreply 414December 23, 2020 12:13 AM

[quote]Are you simply making a political calculation that you could clean the Trump stink off you faster than Marco Rubio or some of the other competitors?

10/10

by Anonymousreply 415December 23, 2020 12:35 AM

Chris Christie is covered in Trump stink.

by Anonymousreply 416December 23, 2020 1:18 AM

Recently Christie was complaining to the press about the state's current governor Phil Murphy.

After Murphy responded to a reporter about the remarks, he added something to the effect, "And I'm glad to see he's now wearing a mask."

by Anonymousreply 417December 23, 2020 1:24 AM

Glad to see Glenn Kirschner back on more often! Sexy daddy alpha lawyer!

by Anonymousreply 418December 23, 2020 2:14 AM

Ewww, R393, wtf is going on with that earlobe? Was it cut off and re-sewn?😱

by Anonymousreply 419December 23, 2020 3:18 AM

I literally applauded Nicolle when she went after Fatso. His response was mealy-mouthed and cowardly. I thought for a minute he was going to hit back at her with one of his tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 420December 23, 2020 1:03 PM

He has been a guest before, and she was more than fair to him. Not sure what prompted her to go in, but glad it happened. Her suggestion that he was "trying to get the Trump stink off" was a bullseye. He wasn't going to hit back, he needs appearances on MSNBC and CNN and media opportunities. She will ask him on again, and he will appear.

by Anonymousreply 421December 23, 2020 2:07 PM

I don't remember which show, but it was cute a few days ago when James Clyburn greeted Eugene Robinson with, "Good to see you, homie."

by Anonymousreply 422December 23, 2020 2:26 PM

R419 - It's called a keloid. I'm pretty sure they can be minimized or removed.

by Anonymousreply 423December 23, 2020 2:51 PM

Donny Deutsch appears to live in a Manhattan duplex. Isn't he from wealth? He then made tons working in advertising.

by Anonymousreply 424December 23, 2020 2:57 PM

His father started the ad agency that Deutsch took over.

by Anonymousreply 425December 23, 2020 3:05 PM

Who's father?

by Anonymousreply 426December 23, 2020 3:08 PM

R416 I think Christie has more of Trump stink on him than most:

1) He volunteered to help Pussygrabber’s debate help and was rewarded with Covid.

2) he’s carried Pussygrabber’s water on security issues like the wall and family separation, though he claimed yesterday that he’s “spoken up” when he disagreed with WH policies.

3) Simple physics indicate that Christie clearly has more surface area than other sycophants with which to cover himself in the glorious stink of Dear Leader Pussygrabber

I was clapping watching Nicolle yesterday... doubly hard since Claire couldn’t while she was on air, but clearly looked like she wanted to be.

by Anonymousreply 427December 23, 2020 3:24 PM

R424 if you use the Google machine you can find an article from Architectural Digest re:Donny’s East Side Mansion. Try it, it’s easy.

by Anonymousreply 428December 23, 2020 3:26 PM

And Christie declared he would never vote for Hilary, but wasn't asked if he voted for Biden. Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 429December 23, 2020 3:42 PM

[quote] Who's father?

Oh, dear!!

by Anonymousreply 430December 23, 2020 5:23 PM

On the NBC Evening News, Gadi Schwartz got choked up tonight reporting about people waiting for food donations . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431December 24, 2020 12:15 AM

I know David Jolly is an ex Rethug but he’s a handsome man, especially with this new beard.

by Anonymousreply 432December 24, 2020 2:34 AM

LOVE David Jolly! So smart and good looking.

by Anonymousreply 433December 24, 2020 2:37 AM

Listening to that atty who represented the Iraqi family where one of the children was killed and his brains spilling out onto the road was just heart-breaking. Keep in mind, those four asshole savages were some of the very few who didn't get away with what they had done. Duncan Hunter "bragged" about killing women and children when he was over there. Sick, terrorist fucks.

You wonder why there is so much hate? You're a fucking idiot if you think it's based in "religion" or hating us for "ar' freedumz." American savagery has caused so much death on this planet and few are held accountable...and now some of those few have been set free. Murderers set free by the president of the US who started his campaign to become president based in that savagery. Prejudice and hate.

by Anonymousreply 434December 24, 2020 2:47 AM

Gadi Schwartz is such a try-hard attention whore. Of course he cried on camera. He's our Gustavo Almodovar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435December 24, 2020 12:30 PM

If the hosts are broadcasting from home, why aren't they doing their shows this week? People have been warned not to travel so I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 436December 24, 2020 12:46 PM

[quote]If the hosts are broadcasting from home, why aren't they doing their shows this week? People have been warned not to travel so I don't get it.

They get time off for the holidays I assume. Also, Stephanie Ruhle was in-studio yesterday in New York, so not everyone may be broadcasting from home everyday.

by Anonymousreply 437December 24, 2020 1:32 PM

There may be something built into contracts regarding time off at the holidays regardless of travel.

by Anonymousreply 438December 24, 2020 2:09 PM

All professional jobs include vacation days. In some jobs, it is required that the days be taken; in others it is optional. But if taking the days is optional, the employer has to pay the employee for unused vacation days (up to some limit, depending on the job and state/federal laws) when the employee leave the company.

by Anonymousreply 439December 24, 2020 3:27 PM

Thanks for the replies.

by Anonymousreply 440December 24, 2020 6:52 PM

Nicolle W calls Rachel her best friend yet can’t pronounce her surname correctly.

As Rachel has said many times, her name rhymes with “shadow.” Why is that so difficult for people to grasp? It’s rude to mispronounce a name after you’ve been taught how to pronounce it.

Nicolle has Leslie Jones on her show. Why is this unfunny woman all over the network all of a sudden??

by Anonymousreply 441December 24, 2020 8:15 PM

People enjoying promoting their obsessive fans.

by Anonymousreply 442December 24, 2020 8:23 PM

Claire McCaskill is on Nicolle’s show and is literally cradling her mug.

by Anonymousreply 443December 24, 2020 8:51 PM

Nicolle hasn't broadcast on Christmas Eve. The perks of working from your basement.

by Anonymousreply 444December 24, 2020 9:09 PM

R441, half the network can't pronounce Maddow correctly. Most of them make millions of dollars a year as professional communicators, and they don't even listen to their friend and colleague carefully enough to hear it when she says her name. They read dow rhymes with ow, and they're done. What I don't get is why someone in the network brass hasn't noticed this and sent a memo around telling people to pronounce it correctly. I'm guessing if most of them mispronounced Scarborough, someone at the network would make sure they didn't do it again.

by Anonymousreply 445December 24, 2020 9:25 PM

R445 here again. Or maybe the network is too amateur to care about pronunciation. They still can't get fucking Kelly Loeffler's name right. It's pronounced Leffler, but almost everyone on MSNBC says Loffler. Willie Geist told the whole Morning Joe crew one day that Loeffler herself pronounces it Leffler, but the rest of them ignored him and weeks later are still saying Loffler.

by Anonymousreply 446December 24, 2020 9:29 PM

If I have to hear about Lawrence O’ Donnell’s African school desk charity one more time...

by Anonymousreply 447December 24, 2020 9:31 PM

I don't know anyone who pronounces it as a rhyme with "shadow."

by Anonymousreply 448December 24, 2020 9:33 PM

I pronounce it "Leffler," but fuck her. She deserves no respect and hopefully, it's a name we'll never have to hear again after January 6.

by Anonymousreply 449December 24, 2020 9:33 PM

R441, and R444 I’m glad y’all recognize that. And this is the one micro-aggression that pisses me off. It is PROFESSIONAL to say people’s name correctly. People mispronounce my name ALL.THE.TIME.

Rachel is too hot shit to be bothered by these people trying to subtract from her by not giving her that damn respect.

She probably earns more money than them, and that’s the best they can do to shade her...

by Anonymousreply 450December 24, 2020 9:57 PM

[quote]I’m glad y’all recognize that. And this is the one micro-aggression that pisses me off. It is PROFESSIONAL to say people’s name correctly. People mispronounce my name ALL.THE.TIME.

Oh that’s bullshit. I have a name that’s hard to pronounce, and I stopped caring about it when I was about 7. If people ask, I tell them how to pronounce it correctly. If they screw it up, I don’t care...I know what they’re trying to say. Calling it a “micro-aggression” is ridiculous. I have bigger issues to be concerned about.

by Anonymousreply 451December 24, 2020 10:18 PM

R441, I don't like Leslie Jones either. She was on Nicolle Wallace's show the other day with Claire McCaskill and the 2 white women ended up yelling as much and as loudly as Jones did -- I started to get a headache from all the noise and muted the sound. It was like a slumber party full of 12 year olds, with each girl out-shrieking the other. You would think that experienced broadcasters like Wallace and McCaskill would know that louder isn't necessarily better. When Jones was announced as a guest on Wallace's show today, I hit the "mute" button and went to feed the cat and clean his litter box.

by Anonymousreply 452December 24, 2020 10:51 PM

I like Leslie Jones on Twitter. She and room rater are the only big accounts I follow.

I like the way she has such big energy. A big woman with a big voice, big attitude, big love and big anger.

I'm more polite and less animated, and I'm an introvert, but I like that she's way more out there than even most people who are way out there on the edge.

by Anonymousreply 453December 24, 2020 11:05 PM

[quote] I like the way she has such big energy. A big woman with a big voice, big attitude, big love and big anger.

She's a MAN, baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454December 24, 2020 11:07 PM

Weird: America was quick to learn how to pronounce "Buttigieg" (absolutely no one on TV mispronounces it) yet still can't pronounce "Maddow" or "Loeffler"

Hm.

by Anonymousreply 455December 24, 2020 11:13 PM

I have such a gay man’s crush on Nicolle Wallace. She can literally do no wrong in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 456December 24, 2020 11:30 PM

Even with that horrible hair, R456?

by Anonymousreply 457December 24, 2020 11:32 PM

I like Nicolle as well.

by Anonymousreply 458December 24, 2020 11:36 PM

Actually R455, I doubt anyone pronounces Buttigieg correctly. When he first came on the scene, he told people to just say 'boot judge judge,' and that would be close enough, because he couldn't be bothered whether they pronounced his name exactly the way his family does.

by Anonymousreply 459December 24, 2020 11:40 PM

It's "Boot Edge Edge" which is how everyone, including Pete and the folks on MSNBC, pronounce it. I don't know who "Boot Judge Judge" is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460December 24, 2020 11:48 PM

It wasn't Boot Judge Judge, it was Buddha Judge. He and his high school friend who ran his early campaigns came up with it as a shorthand to make it easier for people to say. Apparently later someone figured out Boot Edge Edge was closer to the correct pronunciation.

by Anonymousreply 461December 25, 2020 12:00 AM

Oh here's Chris Hayes shouting at the audience.

by Anonymousreply 462December 25, 2020 12:07 AM

[quote]If I have to hear about Lawrence O’ Donnell’s African school desk charity one more time..

Hi, Grinch

by Anonymousreply 463December 25, 2020 12:09 AM

Wow! Chris Hayes just closed his show by saying, that's all for us. Good night.

And then the camera switched to Rachel and she opened her show.

What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 464December 25, 2020 1:03 AM

Her show is recorded tonight so she wasn't there for him to chat with. Her program tonight is just showing 3 old interviews.

by Anonymousreply 465December 25, 2020 1:05 AM

Thanks, R465. I figured it after after it got started, but it was pretty shocking initially.

by Anonymousreply 466December 25, 2020 1:09 AM

Chris Hayes is a prick, unfuckingwatchable, so god damn shrill.

by Anonymousreply 467December 25, 2020 1:24 AM

Rachael was filled with compliments to Chris during their handoff last night.

by Anonymousreply 468December 25, 2020 1:31 AM

She was but he accepted the compliments as coolly as he possibly could. I am telling you, a year ago their hand-offs were much warmer, longer and downright giggly. There's still a lot of resentment there on Chris' part.

by Anonymousreply 469December 25, 2020 2:22 AM

I've been watching Rachel nightly for at least 4 years and I'm still not even sure how her last name is pronounced.

by Anonymousreply 470December 25, 2020 2:23 AM

[quote]There's still a lot of resentment there on Chris' part.

Over what?

by Anonymousreply 471December 25, 2020 2:25 AM

That he wasn't on MSNBC's panel on the evenings of the Presidential debates or the night of the election. The panel only included Rachel, Nicolle and Joy even though it was on during Chris' hour.

by Anonymousreply 472December 25, 2020 2:51 AM

Well he needs to get the fuck over it r472.

by Anonymousreply 473December 25, 2020 3:27 AM

Asking someone to resign to a simpler pronunciation, is different than asking some to get the correct pronunciation correct.

I agree 455.

by Anonymousreply 474December 25, 2020 4:48 AM

R470, what's confusing you? She says MAD oh. Rhymes with shadow. How is that difficult?

by Anonymousreply 475December 25, 2020 5:51 AM

What did Phil get from Santa Claus?

by Anonymousreply 476December 25, 2020 8:42 AM

[quote]I've been watching Rachel nightly for at least 4 years and I'm still not even sure how her last name is pronounced.

I’m not sure how it’s pronounced either, but I’m certain that I don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 477December 25, 2020 10:02 AM

Honestly, the difference between MAD-doe and MAD-dow is virtually insignificant.

by Anonymousreply 478December 25, 2020 2:59 PM

One is correct, one is not, R478. Yeah, Rachel acts like she doesn't care, but it's revealing that highly paid professional speakers can't pay enough attention to hear and know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 479December 25, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote] What did Phil get from Santa Claus?

A butt plug for him to sit on, while he's on-air.

by Anonymousreply 480December 25, 2020 4:23 PM

CNN is covering the Nashville explosion. MSNBC is running reruns of ‘Dateline Extra.’ That says it all.

MSNBC is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 481December 25, 2020 4:33 PM

[quote] MSNBC is running reruns of ‘Dateline Extra.’

What do you think pays the bills around here?

by Anonymousreply 482December 25, 2020 4:40 PM

There was plenty of coverage on MSNBC prior to noon EST. If there are any newsworthy updates, I'm sure they will break into regularly scheduled programming.

by Anonymousreply 483December 25, 2020 5:49 PM

MSNBC doesn't purport to be a news channel -- it's political opinion (like the editorial page in a newspaper), with a sprinkling of entertainment (like the Word Jumble and the horoscope down in the corner of the editorial page in a newspaper). If you want 24 hour news coverage, turn to CNN.

by Anonymousreply 484December 25, 2020 5:55 PM

R481, what news channel do you watch? OANN? Newsmax?

by Anonymousreply 485December 25, 2020 6:32 PM

R485 How about one that actually covers news? MSNBC still airing Dateline Extra reruns while Anderson Cooper is now covering this story on CNN. Oh and R483 there have been many “newsworthy updates” since this morning, which you’ve missed if you’re watching MSNBC.

But you keep watching and cheering on Rachel and Nicolle. Have fun!

by Anonymousreply 486December 25, 2020 8:11 PM

We don’t really need to hear endless hours of speculation and watch the same video clips over and over.

by Anonymousreply 487December 25, 2020 8:17 PM

And enjoy those Dateline Extra reruns, R483.

by Anonymousreply 488December 25, 2020 8:17 PM

R487 Yeah, reruns are so much better than boring breaking news.

by Anonymousreply 489December 25, 2020 8:18 PM

I’m sure MSNBC has had live updates throughout the day. There doesn’t need to be continuous coverage.

by Anonymousreply 490December 25, 2020 8:20 PM

Dateline Extra is at least an improvement over "Prison Block Cock Doc", which used to be the mainstay of weekends and holidays on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 491December 25, 2020 8:40 PM

I hate the old reruns they play at night, on weekends, and on holidays.

But I understand they're a smaller network with smaller viewership numbers, and they do what they can.

Also, I got so much into watching hours of breaking news every day during the election season, I'm kind of jonesing for it now, because even when they're on, there's only so many times they can discuss whether Trump will do a pocket veto of the relief bill and cause the country to go into a massive crisis. And some days there's not even a new real crisis at all!

Even when I turn to CNN, it's a rehash of the same old stuff. Today is different and important because of the Nashville bombing, but I realize I'm too addicted to the political talkers.

by Anonymousreply 492December 25, 2020 8:40 PM

I check in every hour or so on MSNBC and I do a fast rewind (I can do up to an hour on my box) to see if there have been any updates, and OMG, there was at least one (which I watched). I don't sit in front of the TV all day long. I have other things to do. And I don't have to have the updates the minute they are announced. Nothing hinges on me having up to the minute news on this, or any other matter.

by Anonymousreply 493December 25, 2020 9:14 PM

MSNBC obviously gave everyone off today for the holiday so there's nobody available to cover breaking news. Did Jewish Ari and Muslim Ayman all really need to be off for Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 494December 25, 2020 10:27 PM

They're not on today -- it's Xmas!

by Anonymousreply 495December 25, 2020 11:20 PM

R494, no but they’re bosses are and want off!

MSNBC has your regularly scheduled programming on air right now and they’ve covered the bombing. Velshi spent his first half hour on it.

by Anonymousreply 496December 26, 2020 12:54 PM

[quote]Did Jewish Ari and Muslim Ayman all really need to be off for Christmas?

Frankly, both being Semitic men and actually having the DNA of Jesus' place of birth, they have more right than the rest of them!

by Anonymousreply 497December 26, 2020 3:06 PM

Is Phil Rucker gay?

He looks like he'd be hotter than a $2 pistol in bed

by Anonymousreply 498December 26, 2020 3:45 PM

[quote]Is Phil Rucker gay?

No, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 499December 26, 2020 3:49 PM

I can't believe there is one gay man on this thread who finds Phil Rucker attractive. Is his mother posting?

by Anonymousreply 500December 26, 2020 4:06 PM

I can't believe there is one gay man on this thread who finds Phil Rucker attractive. Is his mother posting?

by Anonymousreply 501December 26, 2020 4:06 PM

Phil Rucker is totally average. Not hideous, but there’s nothing hot about him.

by Anonymousreply 502December 26, 2020 4:15 PM

What makes him hot is his brain and his cuddly appearance. Not all of us want a Ken doll, a faux lumberjack, a muscle daddy, or any of the other characters usually played by *hot* men.

by Anonymousreply 503December 26, 2020 4:19 PM

No his brain does not make him hot. Nor does the speech impediment.

by Anonymousreply 504December 26, 2020 4:30 PM

R504, what do you look and sound like? Please describe.

by Anonymousreply 505December 26, 2020 4:32 PM

Some of us do find good brains attractive. Maybe that's hard for dullards to understand.

On the other hand, the idea that he'd be "hotter than a $2 pistol in bed" is quite ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 506December 26, 2020 6:21 PM

Phil does not have a speech impediment. He just has a rather high voice like Tiffany Cross, though not as shrill.

by Anonymousreply 507December 26, 2020 6:22 PM

Tiffany Cross is simultaneously simplistic and arrogant. And that screechy voice. Hate her.

by Anonymousreply 508December 26, 2020 7:08 PM

I imagine he has a warm velvety bussy

by Anonymousreply 509December 26, 2020 7:52 PM

Is Tiff gay?

by Anonymousreply 510December 26, 2020 8:47 PM

I found Phil’s home on google maps and his window is CLOSED.

Also, it’s a first floor modern townhouse with a stoop.

by Anonymousreply 511December 27, 2020 12:01 AM

If it's a townhouse, how many floors does Phil occupy?

by Anonymousreply 512December 27, 2020 12:15 AM

Of course r508, of course.....

by Anonymousreply 513December 27, 2020 12:23 AM

R508, I had never heard of her until last week (?) when she was filling in for Joy, I think. She's absolutely awful.

by Anonymousreply 514December 27, 2020 12:42 AM

[quote] Also, it’s a first floor modern townhouse with a stoop.

I told you dumb fucking bitches!!!

I kept saying that it was a first floor walk-up, and you dumb twats kept insisting he lived on the second floor.

You fucking idiots! Go fuck yourselves!

by Anonymousreply 515December 27, 2020 2:41 AM

Maybe Muriel should consider rationing exclamation marks? Profanity is cheap, but limiting certain punctuation might help to tone down the rhetoric here.

by Anonymousreply 516December 27, 2020 2:45 AM

R514: she regularly filled in for Joy. That's how she got the gig. I don't know how you never heard of her before last we but I have an idea why.......

by Anonymousreply 517December 27, 2020 3:18 AM

Yes, Tiffany has been appearing regularly with Joy and also with Nicolle and Ari for the past couple of years, I'd guess. I think she's very bright and engaging, just needs to work on her voice a bit.

by Anonymousreply 518December 27, 2020 3:40 AM

Oh do you, R517? Would it be the same reason I think Ari Melber is terrible or why I think Chuck Todd sucks? Because they're black women, too?

Maybe sometimes, you should accept that people just aren't very good and it has nothing to do with what you're insinuating. BTW, I tune out if Joy is not the host, that's why I didn't know who she was. If I watch Joy -even though she's grating sometimes- why exactly would I dislike Tiffany for her race?

by Anonymousreply 519December 27, 2020 3:57 AM

It's a shame that Tiffany Cross has such an awful, shrill speaking voice. She's smart and passionate but I can't watch her show.

by Anonymousreply 520December 27, 2020 12:15 PM

[QUOTE] I found Phil’s home on google maps and his window is CLOSED.

You’re totally lying. How exactly did you “find” Phil’s home?

by Anonymousreply 521December 27, 2020 12:25 PM

R511, when Phil has to file a police report for being stalked, you'll be a person of interest. Er, but maybe we all will be.

by Anonymousreply 522December 27, 2020 1:33 PM

We don’t talk enough about Josh Lederman. Who knows what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523December 27, 2020 4:06 PM

[quote] You’re totally lying. How exactly did you “find” Phil’s home?

The clues are peppered throughout this thread. That corner window is fairly distinct and the view across the street confirmed it. He zooms from the first floor, but the property is probably divided into 2-floor units.

I’m not linking to avoid being a complete stalker. I just love trying to find locations on google maps. Now leave Phil alone!

by Anonymousreply 524December 27, 2020 5:29 PM

Yep, I found it too. I followed some of the clues in this thread and found it on Google maps. It’s legit.

by Anonymousreply 525December 27, 2020 6:25 PM

Ari and Chris are no longer MSNBC golden boys.

by Anonymousreply 526December 27, 2020 6:37 PM

Spazzy, hysterical Chris is more like a golden girl.

by Anonymousreply 527December 27, 2020 6:39 PM

Chris is what Keith Olbermann would have been at that age if he weren't a sportscaster for many years before he found politics.

by Anonymousreply 528December 27, 2020 6:56 PM

Any Knots Landing fans on this board? If they made a bio movie about Claire McCaskill, Constance McCashin would be perfect casting.

by Anonymousreply 529December 27, 2020 7:41 PM

Joy reminds me of the girl in high school who thinks she’s cool, but really a loser.

by Anonymousreply 530December 27, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote]Joy reminds me of the girl in high school who thinks she’s cool, but really a loser.

Chris Hayes, the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 531December 27, 2020 7:47 PM

Joy try to lie her way out of homophobic posts she had written a decade ago pretending that someone had hacked into her old blog and added them. I believe the “way back machine” proved that she was lying about that.

To this day, she has never copped to it.

by Anonymousreply 532December 27, 2020 8:13 PM

^^*tried

by Anonymousreply 533December 27, 2020 8:13 PM

Yeah, what a couple of losers Chris and Joy are. Making millions of dollars a year at the top of their profession and interacting with national and international news makers, celebrities, and the most knowledgeable people alive in fields like medicine, science, the arts, history, and every other area touched by current events.

Such fuckin' losers.

by Anonymousreply 534December 27, 2020 8:16 PM

R534

Baby, hush.

by Anonymousreply 535December 27, 2020 8:19 PM

I saw Josh Lederman being interviewed on Friday, R523.

I can tell he's gay, but I don't find him attractive at all.

He reminds me too much of Todd Chrisley, and that's a HUGE turn off for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536December 27, 2020 9:30 PM

Chris Hayes and Joy Reid pulling in millions of dollars in annual salaries, R534? Really? Link, please!

by Anonymousreply 537December 27, 2020 9:32 PM

R537

They prob make around $1 million for primetime.

Ain’t making Maddow & Williams numbers.

by Anonymousreply 538December 27, 2020 10:08 PM

OK, R537, I overestimated. I'm guessing they still make a fuckload more than anyone here who called them losers.

by Anonymousreply 539December 27, 2020 10:12 PM

Joy Reid salary is $1.5 million (net worth $4 million); Chris Hayes' salary is at least $1 million (with a net worth of $5 million).

If Google is to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 540December 27, 2020 10:58 PM

Joy Reid really went after Mayor Pete during the primary season. She would regular feature contributors who did as well, including Jason Johnson. She has a particular animus for gay white men. It’s just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 541December 27, 2020 11:42 PM

^^^regularly*

by Anonymousreply 542December 27, 2020 11:47 PM

msnbc adding jason johnson as the fill-in host for all shows.

he is anti-white, too progressive.

by Anonymousreply 543December 28, 2020 12:22 AM

I love Joy and I love Mayor Pete and I'm gay and I think I would have noticed if Joy ever "went after" him. Could you provide a link to jog my memory, r541?

by Anonymousreply 544December 28, 2020 12:25 AM

r52 Pls explain why Joe Scarborough would be pissed off that Maddow's book is releasing two weeks after his?

by Anonymousreply 545December 28, 2020 5:17 AM

Not r52. R545, go back to part 19 and search for Maddow and Scarborough. All about their interpersonal animus is explained there. There's also a link to their televised interaction that started it all.

by Anonymousreply 546December 28, 2020 6:00 AM

[quote]I love Joy and I love Mayor Pete and I'm gay and I think I would have noticed if Joy ever "went after" him. Could you provide a link to jog my memory, [R541]?

Here’s a clip from the day of the South Carolina Primary, where she tells him he’s unqualified and then plays clips of black people saying why they don’t like him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547December 28, 2020 9:24 AM

Lemme guess, R547, Black people are racist, right?

by Anonymousreply 548December 28, 2020 2:30 PM

Chris Hayes is a hot, muscular stud. His hair is flatter though. He needs to fluff it up.

by Anonymousreply 549December 28, 2020 2:42 PM

I watch that clip of Joy grilling Mayor Pete at r547 and see a reporter asking relevant and pressing questions. She's very tough on him, admittedly, she may come off as not believing he's the best candidate, but she's civil and gives him plenty of time to respond. And I think he responds with great intelligence and strength. I think it's a great interview because they both make their points and allow the viewer to make their own choices. And, as it happens, everything she noted came true in the SC primary.

r547, do you think any of Joy's questions are rude or inappropriate?

by Anonymousreply 550December 28, 2020 2:51 PM

R550, I was just finishing this post when yours came up. I agree totally.

R547, it's a pretty safe bet Pete knew what Joy was going to ask and welcomed the opportunity to do the interview, because he knew it would be watched by a lot of voters of all skin colors and he wanted to make his pitch.

She was not unfair to him. Everything she asked him, including showing the SC voter who didn't like him, was the same thing every network and pundit was saying about him. But she did it in a polite, direct, friendly way that allowed him to make his points. Even more revealing to me was that she did not bring up the discredited narrative about the black police chief in South Bend he reappointed and then had to demote. Most pundits were beating that dead horse in spite of everyone knowing it was bullshit.

If you want to see so-called impartial journalists trying to do a hit job on him, here's his interview with the NY Times Editorial Board, in which Mara Gay and that white guy whose name I'm not going to bother looking up flat out included absolute lies and smears in their questions to him.

As a total fan of Pete's, It's interesting to me that so many people think he shouldn't be held to task by reporters' hard questions. That's the DJT thin-skinned response to interviews. I like it that Pete can answer anything they throw at him, and I think he probably respects Joy more than a lot of other interviewers he's spoken to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551December 28, 2020 2:55 PM

Pete has been on Joy's show on numerous occasions since the election and they were informative conversations on friendly terms.

by Anonymousreply 552December 28, 2020 3:10 PM

Craig Melvin is back. I don’t know why, he hasn’t done anything specific, but he bugs the shit out of me. I wish they would replace this block of Craig Melvin /Andrea Mitchell/Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 553December 28, 2020 3:15 PM

I don't mind Craig so much, but Andrea needs to retire and Chuck is annoying. I don't know if anyone coming up the ranks would be much better. I also don't think these hours have many viewers either.

by Anonymousreply 554December 28, 2020 4:00 PM

Isn't Craig Melvin also on The Today Show? He seems much better suited to that folksy, not-really-news-not-really-entertainment show than he is for MSNBC. But he's far from the worst as long as Choad The Toad is on the air.

by Anonymousreply 555December 28, 2020 4:19 PM

R553, maybe it's Melvin's voice that bugs it -- that's it for me.

by Anonymousreply 556December 28, 2020 4:27 PM

[quote] She was not unfair to him. Everything she asked him, including showing the SC voter who didn't like him, was the same thing every network and pundit was saying about him. But she did it in a polite, direct, friendly way that allowed him to make his points.

Pete should have "politely, directly, and in a friendly way" asked Joy if she made those homophobic remarks, why did she lie to the FBI, and why has she never apologized to the gay community for making those remarks, and then lying about it to cover it up.

Hey, what's good for the goose.... right?

by Anonymousreply 557December 28, 2020 4:31 PM

MSNBC's Josh Lederman is nice looking and has a cute dog. He's been reporting frequently during the holidays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558December 28, 2020 4:37 PM

[quote]where she tells him he’s unqualified

He WAS unqualified to be president. Mayor of a very small town for a few years being the only office he ever held and then going to run for president, was ridiculous and would've been mocked on DL had he been black. If he wants to run with such limited experience, he could do it as a Republican. Democrats actually expect a little more in the way of qualifications.

by Anonymousreply 559December 28, 2020 4:52 PM

Hi, Joy at R559!

by Anonymousreply 560December 28, 2020 4:57 PM

"He WAS unqualified to be president." sez the Trump Lover. Do you even hear yourself???

by Anonymousreply 561December 28, 2020 5:05 PM

As opposed to the multi-time failed "businessman" with no experience in politics known as Donald Dump that became president?

by Anonymousreply 562December 28, 2020 5:08 PM

R558, I guess that photo answers the question whether he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 563December 28, 2020 5:40 PM

R547 And she was 100% right.

by Anonymousreply 564December 28, 2020 6:08 PM

Mayor Pete emulates Jesus: he forgives all those, like Joy Reid, who spit on him.

by Anonymousreply 565December 28, 2020 6:40 PM

Joy Reid passes herself off as super religious as well. Of course, with Joy, she gets to pick and choose which parts of the Bible she follows like an a la carte menu.

by Anonymousreply 566December 28, 2020 6:48 PM

She does come across as a Church lady.

by Anonymousreply 567December 28, 2020 6:55 PM

R559 flawed troll

by Anonymousreply 568December 28, 2020 7:29 PM

[quote]"He WAS unqualified to be president." sez the Trump Lover. Do you even hear yourself???

I'm actually laughing at you. You purposely omitted the rest of my post -which specifically mentions that the Republicans have no qualifications- to say I'm a Trump supporter?

Stop thinking with your dick when it comes to Pete. Your brain obviously needs the oxygen, ya tool!

by Anonymousreply 569December 28, 2020 7:34 PM

Pete is perfectly qualified to be president.

by Anonymousreply 570December 28, 2020 7:42 PM

Andrea can’t even get out a sentence on air.

Does she have to go back to Journalism School?

by Anonymousreply 571December 28, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote] Andrea can’t even get out a sentence on air.

[quote] Does she have to go back to Journalism School?

No, she just has to see a doctor.

Preferably, one who specializes in dementia.

by Anonymousreply 572December 28, 2020 8:06 PM

Here's a new Part 21 thread.

This one is almost full.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573December 28, 2020 8:09 PM

Andrea needs to go to a nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 574December 28, 2020 8:26 PM

With all the subs on tonight I've switched to CNN where loveable Jake Tapper was present, no vacation for him. Followed by dreamy Jim Acosta, subbing for Wolf. I'm very happy! Can we switch Jake and Jim for Chuck and Andrea?

by Anonymousreply 575December 28, 2020 10:04 PM

Chuck is just a totally odious presence on television and so fuggo. How does he maintain that job?

by Anonymousreply 576December 28, 2020 10:08 PM

Jesus Christ , Ari Melber and this hip hop bullshit. Nicki Minaj has nothing to do with a procedural vote in the Senate asshole. It’s so dumb and obviously shoehorned into his show.

by Anonymousreply 577December 28, 2020 10:33 PM

Nicki Minaj hasn't been relevant in at least 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 578December 28, 2020 10:41 PM

He just dragged her into a comment about the January 6 vote r578.

by Anonymousreply 579December 28, 2020 10:49 PM

by Anonymousreply 580December 28, 2020 10:49 PM

by Anonymousreply 581December 28, 2020 10:49 PM

ugh joy.

at least ayman was on.

by Anonymousreply 582December 28, 2020 11:44 PM

jon osoff is hot!!!!

by Anonymousreply 583December 28, 2020 11:52 PM

I always love that Mideastern guy, I think his name is Medi, who subbed for Chris Hayes tonight. Whip smart and so funny, maybe even kinda sexy in a way. He really talks with his guests, listens to their responses and answers accordingly.

Any other fans? What's his actual name?

by Anonymousreply 584December 29, 2020 1:19 AM

r543, or did you ever think you might be too bigoted and right wing conservative?

Yeah, probably not.

by Anonymousreply 585December 29, 2020 1:41 AM

r584, Medhi Hasan.

I love his British accent. He does a regular Mon-Fri show now on Peacock TV and I guess he's now pinch hitting for the MSNBC regulars as well.

To tell you the truth I wouldn't mind seeing him hosting a regular show on MSNBC; I think he's that good.

BTW, he recently became an American citizen and I'm guessing this past November's election was probably his first time voting in one too.

by Anonymousreply 586December 29, 2020 1:47 AM

Thanks for that info on Mehdi, r586. Glad to hear of another fan.

He's very in the moment, not scripted, or that's the way he seems to me, anyway. I hope MSNBC uses him a lot more in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 587December 29, 2020 2:03 AM

What happened to TRMS? Ali Veshi just continued on without explanation .

by Anonymousreply 588December 29, 2020 6:26 AM

Ayman looks like he throws a good fuck.

by Anonymousreply 589December 29, 2020 7:04 AM

R589, he does.

by Anonymousreply 590December 29, 2020 2:12 PM

Good for Andrea Mitchell for not taking bullshit from Trump's Admin of Coronavirus Virus Task Force just now. He's trying to lay the blame of all that's wrong on the states when she asked why the Federal government isn't involved. I guess things are moving very slowly. She said a lot of the states aren't equipped to handle this huge pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 591December 29, 2020 4:52 PM

Vaughn did a cute story this morning about an elderly lesbian couple that have been separated because of coronavirus-one of them was in a home because she had Parkinson’s, and she got the virus this morning. He interviewed d the two of them and they talked about being able to hug each other again.

by Anonymousreply 592December 29, 2020 5:58 PM

*she got the vaccine this morning

by Anonymousreply 593December 29, 2020 5:59 PM

Katy Tur.

Has she swimmed in the lady pond?

by Anonymousreply 594December 29, 2020 6:36 PM

Jason Johnson was banned from MSNBC just a few months ago and how he is guest hosting for Nicolle Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 595December 29, 2020 8:34 PM

Jason has been hosting alot lately.

What did he do to get banned?

by Anonymousreply 596December 29, 2020 8:56 PM

Are we finishing this thread before moving on?

by Anonymousreply 597December 29, 2020 9:14 PM

If you're upset with sub hosts on MSNBC, try CNN.

by Anonymousreply 598December 29, 2020 9:15 PM

I'm hoping the delicious Mehdi Hasan is back on for Chris Hayes tonight.

by Anonymousreply 599December 29, 2020 9:18 PM

Between the St. Jude children, the freezing ASPCA doggies and the Save the Polar Bear commercials, I'm having a rough time with MSNBC. My husband calls it the sad commercial network and runs for the remote whenever one of those ads come on, which is often.

by Anonymousreply 600December 29, 2020 9:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!