Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AM Joy with Jonathan Capeheart

I started watching this show for the first time ever, since Jonathan took over hosting, and I am absolutely loving it!

Jonathan is a sterling example of an intelligent, polite, well-informed gay man.

I refused to watch the show with homophobe Reid, but ever since she left for that other time slot, Jonathan has been doing a fantastic job.

He also has better guests! This morning he had two really interesting panels: one on LGBT issues facing the Biden campaign, and the other on the future of the Republican Party after Trump.

The guests on both panels were top-notch, and there both had very intelligent, in-depth discussions.

I really hope that they A) Give Jonathan a permanent show on MSNBC, and B) Immediately get rid of the "AM Joy" title.

Here's a link to the panel discussion on the Republican Party...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2020 12:22 AM

And here's a link to the panel on LGBT issues.

However, the discussion starts at the 22 minute mark (with Mayor Pete!).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2020 6:02 PM

OP, do you honestly think the old, white, entitled, fat assed, racist, baby boomer queens who populate this board are going to watch a black man on the TV?

DL's eldergays MAY straight up fuck a black guy on the down low, but they sure as hell don't want one coming into their homes, either through the front door or through the air waves.

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2020 6:09 PM

I love Jonathan. Back in my Twitter days he liked one of my tweets and I fangurled shamelessly.

by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2020 6:11 PM

Regardless, R2.

The point is, he is doing a great job with the show, and it's worth watching.

If someone doesn't want to watch him, well.... fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2020 6:14 PM

Help MSNBC come up with a good title for Jonathan's new show.

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2020 8:30 PM

Isn't it time MSNBC had out gay commentators commenting on gay issues? Nicolle Wallace's story on Mayor Pete's nomination today as the first LGBTQ person in the Cabinet deserved some more personal point of views. God knows, they have gays in their employ (looking through your window, Phil Rucker).

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2020 9:47 PM

STFU r2.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2020 9:50 PM

R2 thinks they know how to read the room.

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2020 11:11 PM

He seems to have an expression that something smells bad and it is bothering him when interviewing which is off putting.

by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2020 12:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!