Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Want to Be Underwhelmed, Winter 2020-21

Where no topic is too mundane for discussion.

by Anonymousreply 11916 hours ago

I thought a check had bounced and it hadn't. Started out a bit whelming and turned underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 111/20/2020

Link to previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211/20/2020

I’m not sure I’m emotionally prepared for a “new thread.”

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2020

Oh, good. The Autumn thread had been Murieled at 572 or so.

I went shopping today. I'll post about what I found in the Shopping Is Like Hell thread (hint: it really wasn't).

by Anonymousreply 411/20/2020

Rather a badge of honor for an "underwhelmed" thread to be paywalled, isn't it? I always thought of these threads as under-the-radar and not likely to draw the popular kids. It's almost whelming.

by Anonymousreply 511/20/2020

Went for an afternoon walk. Only 51 minutes! Couldn't have walked an hour, uh? Totally underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2020

A small number of people making a lot of posts in a thread triggers the paywall.

by Anonymousreply 711/20/2020

I nearly charred grilled cheese sandwiches while preparing tomato soup, but was able to salvage two non-burnt pieces of bread while doubling the cheese. This required more grilled sandwich making, but I’m a pro at peeling fake cheese squares.

by Anonymousreply 811/20/2020

Maybe there should be a thread about being whelmed. I had a prostate biopsy this week, but it was definitely whelming so I won't talk about it here.

by Anonymousreply 911/20/2020

I will be whelmed if we have to wait until December 21 to post in this thread. That's a whole month away still.

by Anonymousreply 1011/20/2020

Yikes, R9! Hope the results are benign.

by Anonymousreply 1111/20/2020

I'm on the final day 3 of Picato: the sun damage gel. Has to be kept in the fridge like a Covid vaccine and comes in the 3 teeny tiny tubes like a Russian virus. Not much reaction which is a little disappointing. Seems all the solar damage has healed. Had previously done Efudex, which was great, but brutal.

by Anonymousreply 1211/20/2020

I don’t come hear to see the word “biopsy.”

by Anonymousreply 1311/20/2020

R12 Who's your doctor? The FDA warned about that med five years ago, citing "reports of severe allergic reactions and herpes zoster (shingles) associated with the use of Picato gel (ingenol mebutate.)"

The Canadians say it may increase the risk of skin cancer.

The European Medical Agency has recommended suspending its sale pending further review, citing reports of tumor growth and malignancies roughly ten times more than those in comparator groups.

It seems it can be overwhelming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1411/21/2020

Oh thanks R12. Bit late now. But I'll keep an eye out for any irregularities! I see it's been withdrawn in europe.

by Anonymousreply 1511/21/2020

I mean R14. The ingredient is derived from a euporbia (radium weed), which I've casually used for years.

by Anonymousreply 1611/21/2020

I didnt care for Rihanna's hit song "Euphorbia" , R16

by Anonymousreply 1711/21/2020

I made the first chicken soup of the season. I always feel protected from colds when I have it on hand

by Anonymousreply 1811/21/2020

I feel the same way about my chili, R18. There is a force field around it that protects me from unpleasantness but it does give me gas which can be overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 1911/21/2020

I brought home my cat one year ago today. Extra treats tonight. I should probably get something for her, too.

by Anonymousreply 2011/21/2020

Underwhelmed, the band, but with five members I am not sure they are looking for another OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2111/21/2020

R20 Happy Anniversary! For sure, get her something a little extra maybe a pretty collar or a special pillow but don't overwhelm her. The little bitch will expect something every year.

by Anonymousreply 2211/21/2020

I want to be overwhelmed by those guys in the photo. I love the type. If they don't speak, that is.

by Anonymousreply 2311/21/2020

We are at the point in my commute where I secretly hate handicapped bus riders. Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 2411/21/2020

With our 4-week lock down, I’m hunting for a good pair of winter running shoes.

by Anonymousreply 2511/21/2020

Today is Sunday but there is no sun.

by Anonymousreply 2611/22/2020

My years-long curiosity and dismay at Nabisco for why they price gauge their Pinwheel Cookies at $4.99 a package came to an obvious answer that finally dawned on me - because we'll pay it.

by Anonymousreply 2711/22/2020

My cat was feeling a bit ashamed about her dependency. I told her it was all right—we can’t all be hunter gatherers.

by Anonymousreply 2811/22/2020

I've decided I'm getting less and less pleasure from art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2911/23/2020

I'd never noticed until seeing this photo today that Jake Gyllenhaal has quite thick thighs and fingers. Perhaps he should have done nude scenes when his star was ascendant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3011/23/2020

It's about 6:30am CST. I'm wishing I lived in PT...I could stay in bed for two more hours.

by Anonymousreply 3111/23/2020

I bought this for Cosmo. He likes it OK when it doesn't flop around. When it does, he puffs out his tail. I think he finds it a bit whelming. Guess I'll stick with the cat nip tea bags.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3211/23/2020

I'm not a cat, but I saw a commercial for the Flippity Fish, and even I found it whelming. It looks like it would start to stink as soon as you got it into the house.

by Anonymousreply 3311/23/2020

My cat has never seen a fish that didn’t come in a can.

by Anonymousreply 3411/23/2020

R33, I hope you're joking. It has a pocket for catnip.

by Anonymousreply 3511/23/2020

Not exactly joking, R35. A toy that replicates a flopping fish in its death throes struck me as unpleasant to watch.

by Anonymousreply 3611/23/2020

R36, I was referring to your comment that it smells. It really does resemble a freshly caught fish.

by Anonymousreply 3711/23/2020

[quote]It really does resemble a freshly caught fish.

Which is why I said it *looks* as though it would start to stink.

by Anonymousreply 3811/23/2020

I almost ordered it for my cats, but I think I’ll pass.. Thanks for being the ‘test kitchen’ Cosmo @r37!

by Anonymousreply 3911/23/2020

My dog was sick to her stomach today. I think she ate some grass on her morning walk. I had an edible after getting home from work.

by Anonymousreply 4011/23/2020

Cosmo@R32 Thanks. I almost bought that for my Pete. He's never seen a fish.

by Anonymousreply 4111/23/2020

Wondering how my fingernails got so dirty.

by Anonymousreply 4211/23/2020

[quote]Wondering how my fingernails got so dirty.

Digging in the soil at Tara?

by Anonymousreply 4311/23/2020

I just found a wart on my left knee.

by Anonymousreply 4411/24/2020

My coffee got cold before I finished drinking it.

by Anonymousreply 4511/24/2020

I want an edible now.

by Anonymousreply 4611/24/2020

I'll be spending Thanksgiving at home, alone. And I really don't mind at all.

by Anonymousreply 4711/24/2020

My gaze keeps getting drawn to a huge dust bunny tuft sitting on the floor next to my floor lamp. I'm disinclined to make the effort to remove it.

by Anonymousreply 4811/24/2020

I turned 65 today. I can no longer check off the 55-64 age range box.

by Anonymousreply 4911/24/2020

The batteries are dead in the remote. I'm stuck with the Weather Channel until I can drag myself off the couch. Probably when I need to take a pee.

by Anonymousreply 5011/24/2020

Today I had okra for lunch for a third consecutive day. First I had it with grilled lamb as a side dish, second with fried chicken and today with grilled liver.

by Anonymousreply 5111/24/2020

I had no dessert: underwhelmed and underfed.

by Anonymousreply 5211/24/2020

R50, reverse the batteries. You can usually get a few more hours out of them.

by Anonymousreply 5311/24/2020

I was going to bring a cherry pie to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Now the host has canceled. I ordered the pie from a good bakery, and have already paid for it, so I didn't cancel it. Guess what I'm being grateful for on Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 5411/24/2020

Who invites people to a Thanksgiving dinner and then cancels a couple of days before?

You need better friends.

by Anonymousreply 5511/24/2020

The covid-terrified, r55. He's been the most neurotic about it of anyone I know. He told me he's canceling it because someone at his gym told him to. At his gym!

by Anonymousreply 5611/24/2020

People in a pandemic r55

by Anonymousreply 5711/24/2020

[quote}reverse the batteries. You can usually get a few more hours out of them.

R53 Thank you. I was able to change channels and continue curled up on the couch for hours. Unfortunately, my bladder demanded I get up and pee.

by Anonymousreply 5811/24/2020

I may be skipping Thanksgiving this year, but I’ll be damned if I’m skipping pie.

by Anonymousreply 5911/24/2020

Why can't I lose 10 fucking pounds? I used to be able to do it in a month.

by Anonymousreply 6011/24/2020

I just got an email reminder that I should make an appointment for a colonoscopy.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Wednesday at 4:35 AM

And now you’ll notice all the butt health ads on your newsfeed, R61. Keep it peripheral; focusing attracts more of them and that’s just whelming.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Wednesday at 4:44 AM

I went for a walk this afternoon. I may go for another one in an hour or so.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Wednesday at 10:18 AM

I made cheeseburger macaroni for lunch, using Impossible Burger and Amy's gf white cheddar shells. Came out nice.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Wednesday at 1:26 PM

I had one egg left in the carton, so went out and bought another dozen, except a different brand. These yolks had a much richer, deeper shade of orange.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Wednesday at 2:55 PM

[quote]These yolks had a much richer, deeper shade of orange.

Brown eggs, I assume?

by Anonymousreply 66Last Wednesday at 3:26 PM

R66 Yeah, I only get organic and/or free-range. In the "Does organic really taste different?" thread, I should have added something about this, because it's entirely true. White eggs have such a pale, anemic, unpleasant flavour to their yolks.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Wednesday at 3:31 PM

I'm debating on how soon in advance I should take my butter out of the fridge tomorrow to get it to room temperature to coat my turkey tomorrow. I plan on starting to cook it around noon, maybe earlier.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Wednesday at 3:36 PM

R68, Tonight, before bed. It’ll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Wednesday at 3:37 PM

I was listening to a podcast, hoping it would put me to sleep. Then they referred to a pimp as a "manager of sex workers" and it was so jarring that I'm wide awake again.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Wednesday at 11:13 PM

I ordered a facial sauna from Amazon which was supposed to be delivered yesterday and it wasn't. Today is Thanksgiving. Nothing is going to be delivered today. I'm going back to bed.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Thursday at 6:53 AM

I forgot to add a cup of vinegar to my wash, and the laundry was definitely less soft this time.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Thursday at 8:20 AM

I ate too much onion and garlic today. I stink.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Thursday at 4:49 PM

I had my first hyperbaric treatment to pass the time. It left me feeling a little euphoric. There's nothing like lying in a steel coffin on a weekday afternoon, listening to the distant throb of the city and scurrying citizens, to realise the cares of life are meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 74Last Friday at 1:35 AM

^^ This is rather whelming. ^^

by Anonymousreply 75Last Friday at 7:31 AM

R73 here. Realized that not only do I reek of onions and garlic but the whole house does. Simmering a pot of sliced lemon and sprigs of rosemary on the stove to cover it up.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Friday at 9:55 AM

I found a wart on the middle finger of my left hand. It's not the index finger or ring finger or pinky. I don't know the name for this finger but whatever it is, there's a wart on the first knuckle.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Friday at 3:40 PM

^^ I believe it's called the middle finger.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Friday at 4:02 PM

Thank you! I knew it wasn't a thumb so 'middle finger' was the only identifying label remaining. We need to find a better name for it but I'm not up to the task.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Friday at 4:07 PM

Sure it's not a tumour?

by Anonymousreply 80Last Friday at 4:09 PM

Do you think? Now I'm whelmed.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Friday at 4:24 PM

I knew a girl who had a tumor on her karaoke joint.

If someone starts an “I want to be overwhelmed” thread, I’ll tell you what happened to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82Last Friday at 4:36 PM

I've been looking at videos of men naked on tv show and in movies at thisvid.com

I've been excited lately because I found a sexy scene of this handsome man getting out of bed naked.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Friday at 4:56 PM

I saw someone I used to know on a 30 Rock rerun. Only got one line.

Now Matthew Broderick is on the screen (it’s a 30 Rock marathon) & I realized he’s wearing a wig. Not just a toupee, but a top-and-sides wig. He must be super bald

by Anonymousreply 84Last Friday at 6:55 PM

R84- Not only that but he's SUPER gay.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Friday at 7:08 PM

I lost 26 lbs, but then Halloween came & I ate leftover full sized candy bars, so I started walking with my husband so I wouldn’t gain weight & he wanted to get back in shape.

I gained a couple pounds but was walking them off.

Every time we walked my husband kept going on & on about having heartburn, he wondered if he had H pylori again, should he take Gas X, etc. Then he’d go into minute detail about what foods he ate, at what time, in what amount. Then he said he couldn’t walk so far anymore & each day he wanted to walk less & less.

It was really unpleasant.

I told him 2 weeks ago to see a damn dr & he did and needs a cardiac catheterization.

No more walking for a while.......

by Anonymousreply 86Last Saturday at 8:04 AM

Sorry about that r86 but you’re in the wrong thread for crying out loud!

by Anonymousreply 87Last Saturday at 8:22 AM

I'm sorry, too, R86, but you seem to have confused this with the "I Want to Be Overwhelmed" thread.

by Anonymousreply 88Last Saturday at 8:47 AM

The weekend is barely half over, and I’ve already run out of pie.

by Anonymousreply 89Last Saturday at 9:47 AM

I have gained weight recovering from surgery during covid. I am thinking about trying Vyvanse for focus and to snap out of this depression.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Saturday at 10:10 AM

R90, nerves have given me visible abs and a vascular appearance, but also a shrunken apple face.

Lighten up on the diet requirements.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Saturday at 10:54 AM

R90, it’s helped me.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Saturday at 11:09 AM

IFC has a Community marathon this today. I'm underwhelmed especially with the Joel McHale character and the Abed character who talks too fast. I'm switching over to Nickelodeon. They're showing Despicable Me.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Saturday at 11:11 AM

I literally just found out who Vivian Vance was. I was just skimming an article about I Love Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Saturday at 11:13 AM

Well, that's overwhelming, r94.

by Anonymousreply 95Last Saturday at 11:56 AM

I'm the one who posted upthread that we should have a thread about being overwhelmed because I had a prostate biopsy. You will all be underwhelmed to know it was negative, so no cancer. The surgery I will have to get for the enlargement, though ...

by Anonymousreply 96Last Saturday at 2:40 PM

That's good, R96. Please, please read up on the internet about prostate. My friend got second and third opinions and was glad he did.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Saturday at 3:50 PM

I finally found dark rye bread. Small stores I usually shop don’t carry it. I also have cream cheese, yuppie coffee, and an infused roach. That will be a healthy breakfast.

I’m testing out the heel as I type. Yeah, it’s going to be a roach by tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 98Last Saturday at 7:19 PM

Umm, now I want a slice or three of salted marble rye with butter. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 99Last Saturday at 8:36 PM

How come they don’t make round multicolored incandescent Christmas light strings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100Last Sunday at 2:38 PM

^^Because they aren't whelming.

by Anonymousreply 101Last Sunday at 5:29 PM

Watching Packers / Bears game tonight (Sunday) because I'm a real man and my family expects it. I'm okay with it because I love Aaron Rodgers and his gayness.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Sunday at 5:32 PM

I am watching tv with a small cat on my outstretched leg. He gets heavy after abt 20 mins.

by Anonymousreply 103Last Sunday at 5:47 PM

I had a blood test more than an hour ago and I'm still lightheaded.

by Anonymousreply 104Yesterday at 4:27 AM

R100, try these. I had a few strands several years ago & the bulbs would get very hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105Yesterday at 4:34 AM

They’re kinda big, R105. I was thinking more of minis like these LEDs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106Yesterday at 7:52 AM

The details of my life are beneath underwhelming, which makes them noteworthy in a sad, anti-matter way. So I won't detail them. Alas.

by Anonymousreply 107Yesterday at 8:11 AM

I got out my ladder and used my leaf blower on my gutters, front and back of the house,

They were clogged with wet leaves.

I treated myself to a takeout Mexican place as a reward for this hard labor in cold weather.

by Anonymousreply 108Yesterday at 8:29 AM

I lived through another month of covid, financially speaking.

by Anonymousreply 109Yesterday at 8:33 AM

I took this week off from work. Haven’t checked email since Wednesday afternoon. It is a stormy, rainy day and I’ve been watching TV since I woke up.

by Anonymousreply 110Yesterday at 8:34 AM

I’ve already finished dinner. It’s 5:37.

by Anonymousreply 111Yesterday at 12:37 PM

I'm running low on alcohol and debating if I want to place an Instacart order for more wine tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be crappy, our first big snowfall of the year.

by Anonymousreply 112Yesterday at 12:46 PM

Big snowfall? Whelming.

by Anonymousreply 113Yesterday at 12:55 PM

I want to be underwhelmed, but it's raining buckets and the winds are gusting at 60 mph.

When the house creaks, it's whelming.

by Anonymousreply 114Yesterday at 3:04 PM

This vicious fight over Christmas lights is making nervous and whelmed. Please stop. I can't take much more of this.

by Anonymousreply 115Yesterday at 3:08 PM

[quote]I'm running low on alcohol and debating if I want to place an Instacart order for more wine tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be crappy, our first big snowfall of the year.

I think you should order it. Running out of wine during the first big snowfall of the year would be whelming.

by Anonymousreply 116Yesterday at 3:27 PM

I made turkey soup from scratch for dinner, with homemade turkey/chicken stock. It turned out really well.

by Anonymousreply 117Yesterday at 6:08 PM

I had a Starbucks cranberry bliss bar. I don’t usually like sugary things & this is quite sweet, but I just love it. I wait for it every winter and I eat it on 2 occasions. I cannot eat anymore than that or I would become a fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 11816 hours ago

my butt is itchy

by Anonymousreply 11916 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!