Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Want to Be Underwhelmed, Sedition Edition 2021

Let the ennui ensue.

by Anonymousreply 5210 hours ago

Previously less-than thrilling thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1Last Wednesday at 6:01 AM

"Sedition" whelms.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Wednesday at 6:06 AM

I just bought a teach-yourself-Spanish audio course, and I’m already 90% sure I will never get round to listening to it.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Thursday at 4:20 PM

I scored an appointment for first COVID vaccination. The website crashed all day Tuesday night but Wednesday at 5AM I was able to get an appointment, albeit two counties away.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Thursday at 4:24 PM

My partner says he wants to watch something new on TV

But when I try a new show, he asks constant questions (i.e. Who is that? Where are they? Why are they doing that?)

And if I can't answer all his questions (what am I psychic?) or if he's not captivated after the first 10 - 15 minutes, we usually have to stop watching

by Anonymousreply 5Last Thursday at 4:48 PM

I just looked up Johnny Mathis and it turns out he's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Thursday at 4:53 PM

This:

Call Me Kat Mayim Bialik stars as a 39-year-old woman who decides to use the money her parents had been saving for her wedding to open a cat-themed cafe.

"I'd like a tuna salad sandwich with a side of cat hair, please."

by Anonymousreply 7Last Thursday at 5:23 PM

I find it so much easier to pretend to care about my coworkers lives over the telephone:

"How nice for you."

"Awwh, how sad for you."

by Anonymousreply 8Last Thursday at 5:27 PM

I tire of the "Armie Hammer" DL troll

especially now his Twitter scandal has hit the mainstream media

by Anonymousreply 9Last Thursday at 5:32 PM

I agree, R9. I'm continually whelmed by the number of new Armie Hammer threads on DL. He seems to have become the new Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Thursday at 6:24 PM

My apologies to the OP of the last thread. I didn’t mean to step on any toes, but you were cutting it pretty close. Feel free to start a new thread and abandon this one. I’m quite used to being the OP of abandoned threads.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Thursday at 7:55 PM

I got a Christmas card in the mail today. It was postmarked Dec. 14. It took exactly one month to get from the Boston area to the D.C. area.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Thursday at 7:55 PM

Goodness, R11, I wasn't at all offended that you created a new thread. I'm not the least bit proprietary about such things. The only reason I created the previous thread was because no one else had. I was hoping someone else would, but when it didn't happen, I went ahead and did it myself.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Thursday at 8:00 PM

How refreshing. Some people get quite pissy about such things.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Thursday at 8:06 PM

It’s 10pm on a Friday night and rather than watch a show, I’ve been watching the screen saver on my Apple TV for half an hour. I think I’ll go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Friday at 1:05 AM

Today I have a headache. It might be from switching to decaf.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Friday at 1:30 AM

After living in 5 houses I have never replaced a toilet, just used what was in the house already.

But this week I replaced my home's two toilets with two new, snazzy dual-flush, soft-close-lid toilets.

A-N-D I replaced them with the help of a friend who knew how -- no plumber needed!

I feel so butch.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Friday at 4:47 AM

Benecio Del Toro liked my comment on The Usual Suspects Facebook page!

by Anonymousreply 18Last Friday at 7:40 AM

Today I learned about these products. I was overwhelmed and impressed. But I'm sure most of you won't be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19Last Friday at 7:49 AM

I also bought some cheez-its today. i forgot how much i like them. i also decided not to sue capital letters in this post.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Friday at 7:58 AM

Well, except for your first I, R20.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Friday at 8:32 AM

Litigation is overrated, R20.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Friday at 8:59 AM

R20 and r21 caught those blunders after posting. No goddamn edit feature.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Friday at 9:28 AM

I’m in bed but not sleepy.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Friday at 11:25 PM

I could not post a response to r20 yesterday. I tried twice. It just wouldn’t post.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Saturday at 12:47 AM

My hair keeps laying like it wants to try bangs, but I think it just wants a closer launchpad for when it decides to poke me in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Saturday at 7:19 AM

My 24-hour ban has ended at last. That was rough.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Sunday at 9:35 AM

What, exactly, did you ban, R27? You don't have to tell us if the information might whelm us.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Sunday at 9:38 AM

r5- English subtitles are your friend. If he's too lazy to read them, then he is denied asking questions.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Sunday at 9:40 AM

I was the banee, not the banner. I dare not say more, if you catch my drift.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Sunday at 9:41 AM

Drift caught, R30.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Sunday at 9:43 AM

I can't find my Lee press-ons...

by Anonymousreply 32Last Sunday at 9:44 AM

R27, R28 et al. I thought #27 was referring to 24-hour Ban roll on deodorant (I don't know if they even make such a thing). And that he'd run out of his stock. Back to being underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Sunday at 10:31 AM

I’m. In bed, but haven’t had dinner yet. I might order some pasta with veal to be delivered, but need to decide within the next 20 minutes or the place will be closed. I’m whelmed.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Sunday at 10:42 AM

On my walk this afternoon I saw a city bus with a banner on the side advertising job openings for daffodil pickers. I had never really thought of this career path before. I spent the next few minutes trying to imagine the job interview for a daffodil picker.

‘So, why do you want to pick daffodils?’

‘What are your core competencies surrounding daffodil picking?’

‘How do you see the key deliverables for a daffodil picker?’

‘What type of flower do you see yourself picking five years from now?’

But the thought of work soon whelmed me, and I had to sit down for a spell.

by Anonymousreply 35Last Sunday at 9:31 PM

‘If a coworker expressed a personal preference for lupins, how likely are you to say something to management?’

by Anonymousreply 36Last Sunday at 9:38 PM

Did you decide to order the pasta with veal, R34?

by Anonymousreply 37Last Sunday at 11:38 PM

[quote] On my walk this afternoon I saw a city bus with a banner on the side advertising job openings for daffodil pickers

On your whaaat?

by Anonymousreply 38Last Sunday at 11:58 PM

R35, are you DS? You know who I’m talking about!

by Anonymousreply 39Yesterday at 3:40 AM

R20 I like Cheez-its in tomato soup. They're fun to watch floating around like little pillows and they taste good but not too whelming.

by Anonymousreply 40Yesterday at 3:57 AM

[quote]I just bought a teach-yourself-Spanish audio course, and I’m already 90% sure I will never get round to listening to it.

R3 To combat my boredom and take advantage of my downtime I bought an electric keyboard, adjustable stand, headphones and lesson plans. I know nothing about music except that I enjoy listening to it. I was not drunk when I made these purchases two months ago. If I can gather the energy, I plan to list all of it on e-bay this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 41Yesterday at 4:27 AM

No, r37, I didn’t order the veal. I got out of bed and made pasta with tomato pesto and pan fried some sea bass (which don’t go together at all) at 10 pm, because that’s the kind of weird shit I have begun to do during lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 42Yesterday at 3:38 PM

My recent delivery of Misfit Vegetables had wilted bok choy . I guess I’ll have to pick up the pieces and move forward. My stir fry just won’t be the same. Why now? Why me?

by Anonymousreply 43Yesterday at 3:46 PM

I change my clothes four times a day.

Pyjamas to heavy clothes in the morning. Changing to light-weight clothes mid morning.

Changing to heavy clothes mid-afternoon. Then into pyjamas at night.

It gets more complicated when I do any exercise.

by Anonymousreply 44Yesterday at 4:32 PM

R43, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

by Anonymousreply 45Yesterday at 4:38 PM

I try to get dressed in the morning. Sometimes I succeed. Other days, I stagger to my desk and start work in my pyjamas. Tomorrow is going to be one of those days, I think.

by Anonymousreply 46Yesterday at 4:39 PM

I had to turn off Rachel Maddow this evening because she was starting to whelm me.

by Anonymousreply 4721 hours ago

I was sucked into a bad Richard Bach rabbit hole yesterday. “Jonathan Livingston Seagull” and “Illusions” filled every junk shop reading section when I was a kid.

This morning I’m stirring in the shitshow that is “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.” I’m pretty sure she dies.

by Anonymousreply 4818 hours ago

The lightbulb above my stove just blew. I can’t be bothered replacing it.

by Anonymousreply 4918 hours ago

I'm hungry. It's almost lunch time though.

by Anonymousreply 5012 hours ago

Ta ta dolls. I’m off to get my vaccine. Jealous?

by Anonymousreply 5111 hours ago

I hope you don't have terrible pain at the injection site for several days afterward, like someone I know did, R51.

by Anonymousreply 5210 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!