Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Want to Be Underwhelmed, Spring Herd Immunity Edition, 2021

NOTICE: This thread has been inoculated against excitement.

by Anonymousreply 2099 hours ago

I am Dylan Geick’s OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 104/23/2021

Prior ennui.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204/23/2021

My arm is sore. And I'm very tired. Guess why.

by Anonymousreply 304/23/2021

Jesus these cats...trying to not be whelmed.

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2021

I told myself yesterday I’d get an early start today. Instead, I’m on Datalounge. Maybe tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2021

I'm burned out.

Still.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2021

I added some semolina flour when I made pizza dough for later, and now I wonder if I should have added an eighth cup more.

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2021

i going to CVS, now, to get Magnesium Citrate for my opiated 95 yr old mother.

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2021

I am planning to go to Wendy's for dinner. I'm tired of my own mediocre cooking. However, my cat likes the chicken nuggets from McDonald's and not the ones from Wendy's. But I want Wendy's chili ...

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2021

Wendy's has good chili and it's cold outside. You're inspiring me, R9. Also, my cat knows the difference between the fish used in McDonald's and Burger King. He shows high disdain for Burger King.

by Anonymousreply 1004/25/2021

Making chili today...

by Anonymousreply 1104/25/2021

I made some chili a couple of weeks ago and put half of it in the freezer. I think I'll take it out.

by Anonymousreply 1204/25/2021

1st shot of Pfizer. I don’t think the shot makes me sleepy; I think it was wandering through the maze to get the shot and then grabbing a second appointment online - everyone waiting the 20 minutes was searching for next available appointment.

by Anonymousreply 1304/25/2021

I took a vacation day tomorrow. Enjoying my 3-day weekend. Next week, I’m off Tuesday and Wednesday because of my 2nd Pfizer shot and because I have a shit ton of time I can take off.

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2021

I made the mistake of reading an article about a vegan butcher before bed and now I'm very hungry. (Not for vegan substitutes, but for actual meat.) But if I ate something this late at night I'd be a fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 1504/27/2021

Tonight I finished off TWO containers of Talenti gelato! (granted, there wasn't much left in either)

by Anonymousreply 1604/27/2021

Gangstalking is VERY REAL and the truth is coming out piece by piece.

by Anonymousreply 1704/27/2021

I potted up some begonias this afternoon, went for a long walk. Later I ate a pot gummy bear and burnt my index finger while making chocolate ganache for the overripe strawberries. Currently watching Cook’s Country on PBS. I’m not sure I can pick up the pieces and move on from such stress.

by Anonymousreply 1804/27/2021

I'm staying in.

by Anonymousreply 1904/27/2021

I farted today...it sounded like drums

by Anonymousreply 2004/27/2021

I made that viral TikTok baked feta pasta. It was okay.

by Anonymousreply 2104/27/2021

I bought a fun throw pillow cover and I'm going to Michael's right now to get a 20 x 20 insert! Or, I may go in the morning...I'm already so damned tired.

by Anonymousreply 2204/27/2021

Nextdoor says a coyote was seen chasing a cat this evening two streets away from us.

I'm not whelmed. She might be, though: my elderly evil neighbor should be taking her garbage out any minute now. Maybe the coyote's still hungry.

by Anonymousreply 2304/27/2021

I'm ASHAMED of myself for being a little jealous and a little hurt since my OnlyFans Crush announced that he has a boyfriend now. I couldn't possibly have thought I had a chance in Hell. I'm 10 years older and halfway across the country. He only Direct Messaged me so I'd continue to tip.

I swear I was popular & cool at one time. How did I end up this pathetic?

by Anonymousreply 2404/27/2021

I was unpatiently waiting for my appointment for the vaccine and received it Sunday - yay, me.

Now, two days later, the city is telling people to just show up without any fucking appointment at government run sites whenever they want to get a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 2504/27/2021

R25 Appts are so much more civilized than walk in. You avoided a shit show.

by Anonymousreply 2604/27/2021

Wtf is a vegan butcher? Does it slice up gluten roasts? Tofu chicken tits?

by Anonymousreply 2704/27/2021

I have a really HOT butcher.

by Anonymousreply 2804/27/2021

R16 what flavors?

by Anonymousreply 2904/27/2021

I'm chewing gum.

by Anonymousreply 3004/27/2021

I didn't peel the turnips before I put them in with the pot roast tonight. That was a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 3104/27/2021

I’m going to break out cookie cutters and make some take home packets for my friends in my dinner party crowd. I only have Christmas cookie cutters, they’ll have to do.

by Anonymousreply 3204/28/2021

This t-shirt I am wearing is almost reduced to molecules. Regretfully, it is not in such condition from the ravages of hot men removing it forcefully.

It's going in the trash tonight.

by Anonymousreply 3304/28/2021

Why does my personal iPhone not ring but the call comes through on my iPad and with sound?! This is very whelming to me.

by Anonymousreply 3404/28/2021

R34, thank you. I have a grabby ipad as well and I have to make it “forget iphone device” under bluetooth.

by Anonymousreply 3504/28/2021

[quote]I’m going to break out cookie cutters and make some take home packets for my friends in my dinner party crowd. I only have Christmas cookie cutters, they’ll have to do.

Your friends might be a bit whelmed if they think the cookies were left over from December. You could always use the top of a small drinking glass, dipped in flour, to cut out the cookies.

by Anonymousreply 3604/28/2021

That's a great idea, R36. I use a glass when I make Toad in a Hole. I was thinking of buying a ring mold, tough. I hate dirtying up a glass just to cut a hole in the bread.

by Anonymousreply 3704/28/2021

[quote]Wtf is a vegan butcher? Does it slice up gluten roasts? Tofu chicken tits?

R27, I just watched a spot on The Food Network about a Vegan "Butcher/Deli" owner. They're basically forming protein concoctions into meat-like shapes, giving it a similar flavor and then slicing it up, the same as you would meat. I suppose it's for the person on Vegan diet who still craves meat.

I have a relative who's a Vegetarian. She's at the point where she doesn't want to eat anything that even tastes similar to meat. Says even the illusion makes her ill.

by Anonymousreply 3804/28/2021

I think my cat is trapped in the attic.

by Anonymousreply 3904/28/2021

R39 How is it trapped? Why can't you lure it out with food?

by Anonymousreply 4004/28/2021

She came out when I opened the door now that it’s almost supper time.

by Anonymousreply 4104/28/2021

I was trying to pretend to give a flying fuck about cicadas, but it came off very hollow & rather insipid.

by Anonymousreply 4204/28/2021

R27, apparently vegan butchers sell imitation meats, such as bean burgers and "facon". I've eaten vegan sausages that really did taste like pork.

by Anonymousreply 4304/28/2021

I was feeling especially wild tonight and took and extra edible! Plus I had two White Claws...

I hope I don't get a hangover.

by Anonymousreply 4404/28/2021

My boss is a complete cunt and I waste too much energy hating her.

by Anonymousreply 4504/28/2021

I interview via zoom for a job tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 4604/28/2021

Ok I love the overly gregarious neighborhood crossing guard now. I walked past her today and she yelled, "So nice to see you, you look so GOOD!" She's my girl!

by Anonymousreply 4704/28/2021

I think that is tremendous R46. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 4804/28/2021

Best of luck, R46!

by Anonymousreply 4904/28/2021

I went on a walk today. I thought I saw a squirrel, but it turned out to be a piece of garbage blowing in the wind.

by Anonymousreply 5004/28/2021

R47, you are fickle. Yeah, I said it. FICKLE!

by Anonymousreply 5104/28/2021

I went on a walk today. I thought I saw a piece of garbage, but it turned out to be a squirrel corpse, blowing in the wind.

by Anonymousreply 5204/28/2021

So I chopped down a small tree in my yard with a power saw, and need to remove the stump. So I need to buy a big axe and be all manly and shit, which got me motivated, but then it rained, and I got lazy, and didn't have the energy to drive to Home Depot to buy an axe. Maybe tomorrow. Or I will order one on Amazon. It's smaller but it is made in Finland. 60 bucks. Probably use it once. Would borrow one from a neighbor, but I don't know any because it's not 1973.

by Anonymousreply 5304/28/2021

But R53, there are so many wonderful ideas to decorate tree stumps...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5404/28/2021

That new Kate Winslet HBO show makes me fall asleep, great for insomnia.

by Anonymousreply 5504/28/2021

R53 Rent a stump grinder

by Anonymousreply 5604/28/2021

[quote]I interview via zoom for a job tomorrow.

You should wear pants, even though they won't be seen. It will make you feel more professional.

Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 5704/28/2021

And good shoes!

by Anonymousreply 5804/28/2021

I spent my entire adult life priding myself on being "just like everyone else" & "one of the guys". No gay bars, prides or circuit parties for me! Never had a serious boyfriend or partner, only flings. [My own doing.] Never even had a platonic gay friend to relate to, all (seemingly) straight dudes. [Also, my own doing.]

Now I'm a lonely 40 year old eating Fruit Gushers & doing (endless) stacks of paperwork from behind a laptop in my cheap hotel room. I did everything I could (in my power) to not offend & possibly be rejected by others. Ultimately I was rejected & left behind anyway. I haven't a single friend or family member I can call just to cheer me up. I have NOTHING but a thankless, ungratifying career.

If any young person out there is feeling unsure about their sexuality/true self, let my pathetic existence be a lesson for you. NEVER LET HOW YOU THINK OTHERS WILL PERCEIVE YOU PREVENT YOU FROM LIVING YOUR LIFE OR ESTABLISHING ONE FOR YOURSELF! Because your so-called "Family & Friends" sure in the hell won't!

by Anonymousreply 5904/28/2021

Well, that’s all a bit on the whelming side, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 6004/28/2021

Totally whelming. Start your own thread. Here, we seek no drama.

by Anonymousreply 6104/28/2021

[quote]Here, we seek no drama.

We prefer mildly zany complications involving things that really don't matter one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 6204/28/2021

What is a Fruit Gusher?

by Anonymousreply 6304/28/2021

R59 You're post overwhelmed me. I feel sad for you because you are in the same emotional place I'm in. However, the posts above are correct - this isn't the thread for all that overwhelming emotion. Now I'll need to work at getting back to that underwhelming sweet spot I enjoy living in.

by Anonymousreply 6404/29/2021

Getting excited about NYC reopening news. Finally will be able to go sit at the bar at my local gay bar. It will be a shock. It’s been nice - and healthier and cheaper - in some ways to stay home all the time. But I’m ready to resume life and make the most of whatever time I have left. Looking forward to seeing people o haven’t seen in over a year. Unfortunately that may include finding out some didn’t make it through. A reminder to make the most of today and not put off happiness until tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 6504/29/2021

I just updated my Mac OS from Catalina to Big Sur. Slightly whelming. There’s always the fear that after it finally reboots everything that was on your laptop will be gone. But now I feel a sense of accomplishment

by Anonymousreply 6604/29/2021

My Mac is too old for Big Sur. It’s a Mac Mini. I opened it up and replaced the hard drive and added memory, following online discussions. I’m gonna keep it forever since I pretty much only use my iPad Pro these days.

by Anonymousreply 6704/29/2021

I went into the office today. It was nice to see some people I haven't seen since either late last year or before we went into lockdown mode. It's kind of funny how many people are now saying they can see themselves coming into the office on a more regular basis. We moved earlier this month so we're all getting used to our new cubes and surroundings.

Also, interesting to see how many of us gained a few "pandemic pounds." One of the guys is tall (a former model, not famous), and, in my opinion, was underweight. He now has a little belly.

To stay with the underwhelmingness of the thread, we have no salt and pepper in our new office! I will need to buy some personal shakers for my use.

by Anonymousreply 6804/29/2021

I went to a flea market today. I almost bought a Capodimonte urn with cherubs and nonsense all over it, but sanity prevailed and I left only a dollar poorer, the cost of admission. But, harkening back to an earlier thread, I did see an assortment of melon ballers.

by Anonymousreply 6904/29/2021

I'm currently waiting on my Instacart delivery for 2 boxed wines.

by Anonymousreply 7004/29/2021

R69 "Cherubs and Nonsense" - great name for a record album, or a blog.

I recently spent $20 on Amazon for some new oven mitts. They're ok, if almost too substantial. Then yesterday I saw some basic-looking ones in a drugstore for one dollar - I was excited but also pissed that I'd spent the "big bucks." Well, I washed the dollar ones today and they completely fell apart in the spin cycle. So sometimes you do get what you pay for.

by Anonymousreply 7104/29/2021

R36 - won’t small round cookies reflect poorly on my cookie cutter skills? I can snip the legs and antlers off the reindeer cut outs, and if you squint and with the right icing, you’d almost swear they are swans.

by Anonymousreply 7204/29/2021

One of my two bathroom lights burned out. The local hardware stores had nothing in “warm white”” and I had to order off the Internet. The replacement.bulbs arrived and I hope they match the ones that didn’t burn out.

by Anonymousreply 7304/29/2021

[quote]R36 - won’t small round cookies reflect poorly on my cookie cutter skills? I can snip the legs and antlers off the reindeer cut outs, and if you squint and with the right icing, you’d almost swear they are swans.

Admittedly, round cookies lack any sort of visual je ne sais quoi. But I figured they would be less whelming than having your friends think you're trying to palm off four-month-old cookies on them. But if your creativity can turn reindeer into a non-related species, I say go for it.

by Anonymousreply 7404/29/2021

Smooooches r59.

I go back and forth on whether to renew my "Vanity Fair" digital subscription.

by Anonymousreply 7504/29/2021

It's that time again girls. See ya in the morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7604/29/2021

[quote]Hitler salute, R22?

Odd. That isn't the photo I initially posted. The one I posted was a close-up of Johnny in his mouse ears, with Jimmie and Roy in the background.

by Anonymousreply 7704/29/2021

^^ Terribly sorry. That was meant for the "Johnny Crawford is dead to me" thread. ^^

by Anonymousreply 7804/29/2021

I use an 2015 iPad Pro as my primary computer. The screen had became intermittently unresponsive last year, but I was determined to wait for the new model which went on sale today for delivery in a few weeks. I’d been waiting so long, I ordered one as soon as I could, but now that I think about it, my 6-year-old one has been working pretty well recently. I’m getting $260 credit for turning it in, but I’m torn.

by Anonymousreply 7904/30/2021

^Sorry—some last minute insertions rendered that ungrammatical.

by Anonymousreply 8004/30/2021

I just had to clean my rug. Hairball. The cat almost didn’t make it. Most of the vomit was on the hardwood, but she gallantly managed to get the final bits onto the rug.

by Anonymousreply 8104/30/2021

r73 here; the new lightbulbs matched. I was greatly relieved. It would have been overwhelming if they hadn’t.

by Anonymousreply 8204/30/2021

I just sneezed.

by Anonymousreply 8304/30/2021

Dear Arlene Dahl,

I have the most unsightly bulge around my crotch area that pokes right through my dresses. Would you suggest tucking it in, stuffing it deep into my anus or wearing a full skirt with a frilly petticoat underneath it? Please do tell.

Kisses For You & You From......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8404/30/2021

That’s pretty whelming, r84. Are you sure you’re in the right place?

by Anonymousreply 8504/30/2021

R85, the fact that you're overwhelmed by a totally random Sears Fashion segment from 1970 is whelming me.

by Anonymousreply 8604/30/2021

The lovely Arlene Dahl, actress and former national beauty adviser for Sears, is still with us at age 95.

by Anonymousreply 8704/30/2021

It’s Saturday and I’m having left over bbq lamb for lunch. I opened a bottle of wine to go with it and it was corked. Now I’m not interested in lunch at all.

by Anonymousreply 8804/30/2021

Yes, R87. This interview is from about 10 years ago, but even then Ms. Dahl was still sharp as a tack! It's AMAZING how she had complete command of the dates, times, names & movies, etc related to her career & social life from over 60 years ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8904/30/2021

Hopefully this isn't too "whelming" but will someone break this down for me. I was under the impression that this was a topic of randomness. Like "The Official Random" threads we used to have here back in the day. DL's junk drawer. Where you could post just about anything that was on your mind at the moment.

Others are using this topic to really be underwhelmed. Like for instance.................

"My roommate literally watches Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives for hours ......"

or "Tomorrow I think I will get that mani/pedi I've been putting off."

So, which is it? Randomness or Boring Randomness?

by Anonymousreply 9004/30/2021

Neither. Just don’t whelm.

by Anonymousreply 9104/30/2021

First, do no whelm.

by Anonymousreply 9204/30/2021

[quote]So, which is it? Randomness or Boring Randomness?

Strict rules about what makes for an appropriate post would be whelming and defeat the entire purpose of these threads.

by Anonymousreply 9304/30/2021

R90 If you whelm, you’ll know soon enough.

Trust us on this.

by Anonymousreply 9405/01/2021

r56 Never! I bought a 3.5 pound 32" long axe and chopped it out with flip flops on. Almost chopped my foot off at one point. It was surprisingly dangerous, large flying splinters too. And a hand blister.

So for another tree on property I also need goggles, steel tip boots, and might as well go full tight jeans (Jorts?) and flannel shirt and maybe a sharp yellow helmet. Still cheaper than renting a stump grinder, and I get to keep the costume.

It was maybe 12 feet tall, the stump was maybe two feet wide, no biggie, took two days, maybe three hours. I had to chop wood as a kid, and I'm still pretty good with an axe after a 35 year break. It's like hitting a baseball.

I did not get all the root out, but mulched over it and it's gone. In retrospect, I would recommend this to nobody, and I'm sure the stump grinder is the way to go. I just wanted to buy an axe.

by Anonymousreply 9505/01/2021

r90 I just wrote like ten paragraphs about chopping out a tree stump. I think more than random, it NEEDS to be very boring. Mundane. A reminder that YOUR life (or OP) is possibly more interesting and exciting than mine, or all our lives are mostly boring.

I think it's supposed to be like the opposite of calling your friend the party animal and asking what exciting stuff happened last night.

by Anonymousreply 9605/01/2021

I think a bit of excitement is okay, but be prepared to be accused of whelming. In the end, what does it matter if someone claims to be whelmed? First, they’re probably lying. Second, what are they going to do about it? Call the whelming police?

by Anonymousreply 9705/01/2021

Zoom interview completed. While everyone was in an office, they dressed like shit.

I always think I’ll bring my upbeat personality and can-do spirit into a dying environment. Thank god I keep my mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 9805/01/2021

I just ordered a pizza to be delivered. It's pretty good...from a local chain that uses much better cheese than most. I got extra cheese on one half, and fresh mozzarella on the other half.

by Anonymousreply 9905/01/2021

Chain pizza? Tut tut.

by Anonymousreply 10005/01/2021

Best delivery pizza is the point. The why-I-don't-want-to-go-out details would whelm.

by Anonymousreply 10105/01/2021

I really should get off the couch and do something.

by Anonymousreply 10205/01/2021

I tried that earlier today and soon regretted it, R102.

by Anonymousreply 10305/01/2021

Local pizza joints deliver.

by Anonymousreply 10405/01/2021

It [bold]is[/bold] a local pizza joint, r104. With three other locations than the one I ordered from. I live in a city.

by Anonymousreply 10505/01/2021

I’m heading to Trader Joe’s. Getting low on frozen dinners.

by Anonymousreply 10605/01/2021

I forgot the passcode for my Kindle.

I'm not sleepy.

by Anonymousreply 10705/01/2021

There are people who are wrong on Twitter - showing examples of Jugendstil, Art Nouveau, and Art Moderne under the heading “Art Deco”. I don’t smack or shake people and I also no longer throw things at them. I’m fine.

by Anonymousreply 10805/02/2021

There are people who are wrong on Twitter??? Now I need to lie back down.

by Anonymousreply 10905/02/2021

I need to buy a new roof for my house. Shit!

I know where my stimulus money is going -- and then $$$ome.

by Anonymousreply 11005/02/2021

I bought a bag of crispy chicken strips to cook in my air fryer.

I also had corn on the cob.

Call me Popeye Jr.

by Anonymousreply 11105/02/2021

One bakery in the village shut early and the other one was completely out of rolls at 11am and wasn't making anymore for the day. I am too lazy to drive into the city to find rolls. I will not be having sandwiches today - only hatred for this place.

by Anonymousreply 11205/02/2021

On the horns of a true dilemma here: which bank's ATM should I use today?

by Anonymousreply 11305/02/2021

I bought PG Tips tea in target. I know it’s the bestselling tea in Britain. I’m not impressed. I like Barry’s better.

by Anonymousreply 11405/02/2021

I had the WORST Thai food last night.

by Anonymousreply 11505/02/2021

The dark blue waves, the white turbulence, the sunshine, the pale blue skies all on live TV from Western Australia World Surf League is whelming me.

I'm being hypnotized. It's as though the visuals are a soothing tonic.

by Anonymousreply 11605/02/2021

Willy Guhl planter. A toilet.

by Anonymousreply 11705/02/2021

I’ve figured out that viral TickTock feta pasta recipe. Here’s my tip: double the sauce. Very important.

by Anonymousreply 11805/03/2021

I went to the dentist last week and had a cavity filled in my upper left molar. This was a new dental practice; my former one is out of network for my dental plan.

The dentist was great but when he was drilling the upper molar, the drill was resting on the gum on my lower teeth. Now I have this intermittent, stabbing pain in my neck. I'm not sure if they're related but I have a cleaning on the 18th at the same place. I also have a Dr's appointment on Friday. I'll mention it to her and see what she says. The cleaning will decide if they are my new dental practice or if I should keep looking.

by Anonymousreply 11905/03/2021

I've decided to be more judicious with my WW's and more generous with my FF's.

by Anonymousreply 12005/03/2021

No more wine in the house after tonight's glass. Much internal debate whether to buy white or red tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 12105/03/2021

You could buy a bottle of each, R121. Although I guess you probably didn't need me to point this out to you.

by Anonymousreply 12205/03/2021

This Frank's RedHot Seasoning Blend was actually a good buy. It's basically hot sauce in powdered form. So far I've had a few dashes of the Original flavor on a turkey burger, roasted brussels sprouts & mac & cheese. Each time it was delicious. Worth a try if you'd like a hint of spice that's a little more well rounded than just plain cayenne powder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12305/03/2021

I may ask my mom to show me how to fold fitted sheets today!

by Anonymousreply 12405/04/2021

Good luck, R124! I’ve tried several ways, including using the seams to turn a fitted into a flat sheet. I still say it’s a 2-person job.

by Anonymousreply 12505/04/2021

My solution is to own only one fitted sheet at a time. It is either on the bed or in the wash, never folded.

by Anonymousreply 12605/04/2021

That has been my plan until now, but I may need to actually fold some sheets in future.

by Anonymousreply 12705/04/2021

[quote]I still say it’s a 2-person job.

I find that it can quite easily be a one-person job, as long as you truly don't care whether it's neatly folded or not. I'm just going to stuff it into a drawer anyway. Out of sight, out of mind.

by Anonymousreply 12805/04/2021

There are levels of whelm-ness:

Overwhelmed

Whelmed (neutral)

Underwhelmed

I have stepped down from Overwhelmed to Whelmed. Am I allowed to be here?

by Anonymousreply 12905/04/2021

We are not concerned with how you are feeling. We are concerned with how what you post makes us feel. Around here, “whelmed” is not neutral (whatever that means).

by Anonymousreply 13005/04/2021

I am considering eggs for dinner. But I cannot decide.

by Anonymousreply 13105/04/2021

I used my Fasta Pasta last night to make dinner and I have no idea what I did with the lid.

I am bereft.

by Anonymousreply 13205/04/2021

Pepto Bismol Chews are surprisingly yummy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13305/04/2021

My old cat let me clip his dew claws. The key was to approach as underwhelmed, so he only got mini-whelmed. He's snoozing now.

by Anonymousreply 13405/04/2021

REO Speedwagon wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for that lead singer's whiny voice.

by Anonymousreply 13505/04/2021

I splurged on a Papa Murphy's Chicago Style Stuffed Crust pizza tonight. No pepperoni, Canadian bacon instead. I was nearly whelmed with anticipation, but not quite. It was delicious.

by Anonymousreply 13605/05/2021

I was able to run all of my errands at one shopping center today.

by Anonymousreply 13705/05/2021

Costco was a zoo today. A zoo!

by Anonymousreply 13805/05/2021

I purchased coffee and ham at the supermarket today!

by Anonymousreply 13905/05/2021

I’ve got the trots!

by Anonymousreply 14005/05/2021

I wonder if Gelson's Potato Salad is as good as they say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14105/05/2021

Before I put the clothes in the washing machine, I sniffed my boyfriend's funky drawers.

by Anonymousreply 14205/05/2021

I love my bf’s used socks and underwear.

by Anonymousreply 14305/05/2021

A recipe for Gelson's Caesar Potato Salad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14405/05/2021

[quote]I wonder if Gelson's Potato Salad is as good as they say?

It's even better!

by Anonymousreply 14505/05/2021

I love anchovy! Just need to substitute scallion for celery (and buy a mixer).

by Anonymousreply 14605/05/2021

Why do people in TV and movies never have protective covers on their iPhones?

by Anonymousreply 14705/05/2021

I'd like to rip that girl apart, so I can see what makes her tick!

by Anonymousreply 14805/05/2021

Every time I've gone into the office during the pandemic, I've walked to the same deli and ordered the same menu item for lunch. Today, on my 40th visit, I tried a new menu item.

by Anonymousreply 14905/05/2021

I just poured myself a glass of soda water and it was flat. Seems about right.

by Anonymousreply 15005/06/2021

I'm tired

by Anonymousreply 15105/06/2021

Eavesdropping On A Neighbor. In my defense, he’s most likely partially deaf and yells into the telephone. He’s also very stupid.

He wants $2,000 of the child tax credit for each of his two children. On his first call, he somehow got connected to a human at the IRS and explained that his girlfriend has six kids and two of them are his. That call did not go well.

He is now yelling at his tax preparer and promising to follow through to get his money that he deserves for these children and they are not being helpful and, no, he does not have documents stating he is head of household because she lives with another guy, and he’s having a tough time living in a shitty apartment building (TRUE, he lives here and has the musical taste of a fourteen year-old boy into white-boy rap). He’s also a gamer and holy fuck, I hate him.

Oh, dear. He’s not actually yelling into the phone and may actually be listening....Now, he’s giving them information. No, I’m not writing down his social security number and I didn’t catch his name. What an asshole.

This doesn’t count as whelming because it’s the second time I’ve heard him try to get money for his poor children.

by Anonymousreply 15205/06/2021

Don't keep us in suspense, R149... what new item did you purchase?

by Anonymousreply 15305/06/2021

Ann Sheridan: "Roz Russell is hard as nails...She came up the hard way, and it shows."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15405/06/2021

I made a cauliflower gratin last night with bacon, mushroom, heavy cream and gruyere cheese. It was ok but I had to sop up the layer of grease on top with half a roll of paper towels.

by Anonymousreply 15505/06/2021

Did you cook the bacon first, r155?

by Anonymousreply 15605/06/2021

I agree R156. Although the cheese could have been a little greasy, it sounds like the bacon wasn't rendered beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 15705/06/2021

Tea lovers - I just splurged and ordered various black teas from Harney and Sons. Is this money well spent?

by Anonymousreply 15805/06/2021

I’m soaking a batch of split peas overnight. I tried the quicker boil&simmer routine for lunch and they were al dente. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 15905/06/2021

Arm & Hammer makes 40 different types of cat litter. WTF? How are you supposed to decide? Even if you narrow it down to “Clump & Seal,” there are 11 different types of that.

by Anonymousreply 16005/06/2021

R160, I loved pine litter because it was lighter. Sweeping up was more of a hassle and my woodworking projects gave my boys an excuse to shit anywhere sawdust collected, but it was easier to scoop up and toss.

by Anonymousreply 16105/06/2021

Costco just send me $5.00 because they accidentally charged sales tax on facial tissues. Woo-hoo!

by Anonymousreply 16205/06/2021

I mailed Mother's Day gifts to an old friend and to my sister. The post office tracker says they were received, but no word from either lady. I don't know about you, but even if I don't feel like writing a big thank you note yet, I at least always text the sender to let the know the package arrived: "Well, well, what is THIS!" etc.

Hmph.

by Anonymousreply 163Last Saturday at 4:10 AM

My job requires me to travel all over the country and when doing so I stay in (2 to 4 star) hotels. It's amazing how any particular hotel chain can be a total rundown dump in one city but a fairly nice property in another city.

Actually, in some cities a hotel brand may be nice in one part of town but a total nightmare in another part of town. Absolutely no consistency whatsoever. It just goes to show that these hotel brands will slap their name on anything with no attention to quality.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Saturday at 10:43 AM

Got notification that my Mother’s Day flower order to my stepmother will be arriving on Tuesday instead of this weekend. I called up and bitched, and got $13.95 as compensation. Not bad, and it’s fine if it’s late. It’s only my stepmother, after all.

by Anonymousreply 165Last Saturday at 10:58 AM

[quote]Not bad, and it’s fine if it’s late. It’s only my stepmother, after all.

Is she a wicked stepmother?

by Anonymousreply 166Last Saturday at 11:01 AM

As a veteran frequent traveler, agreed that some properties of a brand are better than others!

My news from today was that I couldn't decide on a brand of napkins, but talked myself into slightly more for Bounty over store brand!

My step-grandmother was very nice to my family and my uncle's as well. My mother's sister wants nothing to do with her father's (second) family, which is a shame.

by Anonymousreply 167Last Saturday at 11:04 AM

I'm making green smoothies everyday with basically a whole cornucopia of greens and fruit. It's making me so hard and horny all the time. I'm getting spontaneous boners which is an unexpected side effect of celery juice I guess. It's kind of nice.

by Anonymousreply 168Last Saturday at 11:10 AM

R168, you just reminded me of a FWB (Friend With Benefits) that I've had off and on for nearly a decade. A hot vet nurse from NYC. He's only 5'6 but has a smoking hot ripped body and one of the most rotund, fattest, girthiest cocks I've ever had the privilege of having. He's a daily, fanatical juicer. The MF is ALWAYS horny and squirts the thickest, creamiest ropes of cum ever. I never contributed it to his juicing but now it all makes sense!

He's currently upset with me over a silly misunderstanding and we haven't been speaking much over the last few months. I miss him & and I'll be BEGGING his forgiveness TODAY! Thank You!

by Anonymousreply 169Last Saturday at 11:46 AM

I'd like to bowl. Again. It's been decades.

But I don't own bowling shoes.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Sunday at 8:36 AM

[quote]But I don't own bowling shoes.

Don't bowling alleys rent shoes anymore? Admittedly, the idea of putting on shoes many others have worn is rather whelming.

by Anonymousreply 171Last Sunday at 8:41 AM

R166 She's a very nice stepmother. She did inherit all of Dad's money, but I made my peace with that a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 172Last Sunday at 8:54 AM

I'm not sure, r171.

Maybe lanes owners don't require bowling shoes anymore.

by Anonymousreply 173Last Sunday at 9:01 AM

I want to start dating again, but I feel that in order to have a successful relationship, you need to have everything in your life flowing smoothly. I'm building a small business and I know my income is going to fluctuate, so I am going to wait. Relationships/dating are stressful enough in the best of times that I need to make sure I am more secure financially before I get on all the dating apps. I'm not lonely but the clock is ticking big time.

by Anonymousreply 174Last Sunday at 9:05 AM

I texted my sister a happy Mother's Day greeting but she probably won't see it. The boomer women in my life rarely look at their phones. She would love if I "picked up the phone" and had a conversation but that's too whelming for me right now – she's a talker. I always have to block out an hour for listening. At least not many replies are required of me (an occasional mm-hmm or oh wow), and I can move around and do other tasks while she talks. Still, I have to be in the mood.

by Anonymousreply 175Last Sunday at 9:19 AM

[quote]The boomer women in my life rarely look at their phones.

This gay male boomer is the same way. I usually forget to turn my phone back on after a class or lecture, and when I do, I often find a couple of texts and missed calls. I never learned to live on my phone. Anything internet, I'd rather use my computer. Hardly anyone wants to talk on the phone anymore, so I don't feel I'm missing much.

My friends know the best way to reach me is to email me.

by Anonymousreply 176Last Sunday at 9:31 AM

R176 Yes, the boomer ladies I refer to are the same way. Email is good for them, but a phone call is best. Do you enjoy talking on the phone? I'm a late-boomer myself but I did make the switch; I love texting and cringe when an actual call comes in.

Oh, and the gals LOVE Facebook (which I refuse to do).

by Anonymousreply 177Last Sunday at 9:40 AM

[quote]Do you enjoy talking on the phone? I'm a late-boomer myself but I did make the switch; I love texting and cringe when an actual call comes in.

I like talking on the phone with someone else who likes to talk on the phone. A lot of people don't anymore, so I don't bother. In direct contradiction to the cliche that millennials only text, one of my favorite phone talkers was born in the late '80s. We were on the phone last night for over two hours.

I have another friend I speak with on the phone for an hour or so every week.

Overall, I liked talking on the phone more pre-digital phones. A landline today doesn't have the same sound as a home phone used to, back before we called them landlines.

The smartphone is mostly a machine for texting. I accept that, just as I accept mostly no bookstores, mostly no CD stores, mostly no department stores, and so on. Amazon and Apple uber alles.

by Anonymousreply 178Last Sunday at 9:50 AM

My straight friends at 40 are already talking about divorce. The husband works, makes the money, the wife stays home with the kids. The wife feels under appreciated, stuck at home with the kids, especially during the pandemic and then withholds sex. The husband feels he's making all the money and should have the free time to golf and the wife should handle the household. This cliche cycle keeps repeating itself from boomers, to Gen X, to now old millennials or very young Gen X. Like it or not, there are still traditional masculine and feminine roles. It makes me sad to see that this tired trope keeps happening. I can remember my friends in love, having fun. I don't want to see divorces and children dragged this again and again, creating another generation of damaged people.

by Anonymousreply 179Last Sunday at 9:52 AM

I have a couple of friends who still like to talk on the phone, but they are also friends who like to talk, if you know what I mean. If I get a call from one of them, or return a call, I can count on being kept on the phone for at least an hour, sometimes two hours. No wonder I prefer emails and texts.

by Anonymousreply 180Last Sunday at 10:11 AM

he has sopped working on my keyboard. Everhing else is fine, i's jus he leer *. Apple wan £230 o replace he keyboard, which I really don' wan o pay. Wha should I do?

by Anonymousreply 181Last Sunday at 10:20 AM

R180 Many of the people I’m close to in life are big talkers. I mean they will hold forth indefinitely, and you’re lucky to get a word in edgewise. As they get older they get worse, and as I get older I get less willing to tolerate it.

by Anonymousreply 182Last Sunday at 10:47 AM

R181 get a plug n play keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 183Last Sunday at 11:16 AM

Watching TCM. In pajamas.

by Anonymousreply 184Last Sunday at 11:17 AM

I opted for regular yellow mustard instead of Dijon on my turkey burger. Regular yellow is underrated sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 185Last Sunday at 11:37 AM

I spent most of the weekend binge-watching Drop Dead Diva on StarzEncoreClassic. The guy that played Grayson was pretty handsome in the beginning. By the 5th season, he'd hit a wall.

by Anonymousreply 186Last Monday at 4:50 AM

Kittenzilla is into everything today. Counter and desk jumping. Plant nibbling and trying to eat a dead fly from my planter. Currently he is nibbling on the corner of my couch pillow.

by Anonymousreply 187Last Monday at 9:49 AM

I think I may be allergic to the fragrance in the “unscented” kitty litter.

by Anonymousreply 188Last Monday at 9:57 AM

Mom, you were right again. Candy corn & dry roasted peanuts together taste identical to Payday Bars.

by Anonymousreply 189Last Monday at 6:12 PM

Why do people on the East Coast think it’s fine to text at hours when us West Coasters are likely asleep? Yes, I have my phone silenced but still.

by Anonymousreply 190Last Tuesday at 4:15 AM

Watching Futurama on Comedy Central, trying to reduce my anxiety about going to the dentist.

by Anonymousreply 191Last Tuesday at 5:18 AM

my 81 yr old cousin gave me her flight details so i could pick her up. at the end of the email she signed off "See you next Tuesday!" ... i giggled out loud , GOL!

by Anonymousreply 192Last Tuesday at 6:02 AM

I have to go back to the dentist today at 1:15 pm. I'm not sure if the dentist filled my cavity or if he put so much amalgam on the tooth that he drilled all of it out. The dentist is a rather old man. I've had pain in that tooth for about a week and will be happy to have it finally fixed.

I also have a cleaning scheduled at this same practice. Today's work will determine if they are my new dentist or if I need to keep looking. I loved my former dental practice but they are out of network and charge higher prices for all services. I always wound up paying out of pocket expenses.

by Anonymousreply 193Last Tuesday at 7:28 AM

I like to tell my cat “Every time you lick me, I wash my hands. I wash my hands!” like I’m Bette Davis in Of Human Bondage

by Anonymousreply 194Last Tuesday at 8:01 AM

I'm back from the dentist. All bad news. Shit. It's 11:15 am and I'm gonna have a drink.

by Anonymousreply 195Last Tuesday at 8:20 AM

I bought seedless raspberry jam. It's no good.

by Anonymousreply 196Last Tuesday at 9:53 AM

I agree, R196, and it seems that seeded raspberry jam is becoming harder to find, at least at the stores where I shop. There are many more varieties of seedless raspberry jam/preserves.

by Anonymousreply 197Last Tuesday at 10:12 AM

I bought 'seedless grapes' -- they were not seedless.

by Anonymousreply 198Last Tuesday at 10:32 AM

R198 that always happens! Unless they are green, seedless grapes are a scam!!

by Anonymousreply 199Last Tuesday at 10:47 AM

R199 They were green! That's why I was surprised. And what's up with seedless watermelon? What are the little white seeds if not seeds?

by Anonymousreply 200Last Tuesday at 10:49 AM

Let’s face it. Seedy is more fun.

by Anonymousreply 201Last Tuesday at 10:50 AM

Sorry about your dental woes, R191! I got back from my visit at 2 pm ET. He evened out my bite (I'm a grinder, apparently).

I'm not sure if this was the same dentist but I liked today's guy much better. He actually spoke to me and didn't grunt like the guy did at the 4/28 visit. I have a cleaning scheduled for 5/18. Once I see how that goes, I'll make a decision about whether or not this practice will be my regular office.

by Anonymousreply 202Last Tuesday at 11:42 AM

Thanks, R202. I had my drink (or two) and slept the afternoon away. I feel better now but I know I'm going to feel bad in the morning!

by Anonymousreply 203Last Tuesday at 5:02 PM

I watched several episodes of "Dateline NBC" & "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" on VH1 the other day. I repeat, "Dateline NBC" & "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air on VH1!

I'm so old that I still remember when VH1 was considered the tame, Adult Contemporary/Soft Rock companion to MTV. And Rosie O'Donnell & Rita Coolidge were VJs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204Last Tuesday at 5:15 PM

Ivory dishwashing liquid was on sale so I bought a bottle. I dislike its scent and regret the purchase.

by Anonymousreply 20511 hours ago

You may dislike the scent, R205, but you'll be blessed with softer, younger-looking hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20611 hours ago

I made french toast with wheat bread for dinner, but I don’t keep syrup. I heated up sugar-free applesauce so I could dissolve sugar and ground clove in it.

I could be a permanently irate restaurateur! I already obsessively wash my hands when working with raw egg.

by Anonymousreply 20710 hours ago

My new iPad Pro has shipped!

by Anonymousreply 2089 hours ago

The steam and sauna opened at the gym. I have a year of toxins that are stored up and I am sweating like the cliched whore in church. I just gushing sweat even after the shower. And then face lotion makes me sweat even more and then I have to rewash and re-moisturize when I get home, when I should be shower fresh. I should take it slow but I feel so good afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 2099 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!