Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Want to Be Underwhelmed—Lazy Days of Summer Edition

Who can be excited in this heat?

by Anonymousreply 40820 hours ago

Should you need to catch up, though I can’t imagine why . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106/11/2021

Posting so early in this thread is a whelming experience.

by Anonymousreply 206/11/2021

I finished a book I did not like.

by Anonymousreply 306/11/2021

I fell asleep in a chair three hours ago, and now I’ve woken up into that kind of happily woozy state that I really enjoy. I’m also on holiday from work next week, and then I am off work for another week at the end of June. June is looking good.

by Anonymousreply 406/11/2021

Heat? Where? It was 20°C here in Norway today. Been a cold summer so far. No heatwaves in sight.

by Anonymousreply 506/11/2021

I’m thinking everything I have left to do today can be rolled over to Monday.

by Anonymousreply 606/11/2021

I had the oil changed in my car today and then stopped for groceries on my way home. It's been a day filled with incident, compared with most of my days since I retired.

by Anonymousreply 706/11/2021

R7 that sounds like a lot in a short span of time. Have a restful weekend.

I am the person from the last thread that was gifted a 5-gallon fish tank. I was warned by you guys that keeping an aquarium might be whelming even if it's small but I didn't listen to the advice and bought a betta fish for it. All was well and very uneventful though the betta is funny and cute as they usually are, but now the light on the lid seems to be turning on and off randomly - figures, it was a used tank. The lid is an idiosyncratic shape so I'm not sure I can easily replace it. Ordered an LED light strip on Amazon to stick on under there and it's just veering too close to being whelming for my tastes. I should've listened.

by Anonymousreply 806/11/2021

My blood pressure was 94/43 this afternoon. I’m not a 17 year-old athlete.

I’d be underwhelmed but for the nagging suspicion it shouldn’t be quite [italic]that[/italic]low

by Anonymousreply 906/11/2021

R9 your systolic (94) is on the low end of normal but your diastolic bp (43) is way too low. If you feel normal and not light headed or nauseous or dizzy, are you sure you measured it correctly? Those readings can be a little wonky sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 1006/11/2021

I got halfway through writing a "to do" list for my weekend tasks.

by Anonymousreply 1106/11/2021

I went grocery shopping and got into the produce section before I remembered to put my mask on. I was very embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 1206/11/2021

Why did you need a mask? No shots yet?

Keep us posted on the fish situation!

by Anonymousreply 1306/11/2021

It’s consistent, R10, same monitor. New bp med: Entresto, super effective I guess, and yes, a little like positional vertigo but less dramatic. I was warned. This was the first time it’s happened.

I’m also on 40 mg of prednisone which tends to elevate, not lower, blood pressure. If it’s that low (it’s been 100-115/80-95 since starting both about a month ago for different issues) when I might expect it to be higher, what happens when I taper off the prednisone?

Potentially whelming.

by Anonymousreply 1406/11/2021

I just got home from the grocery store. I was nearly whelmed, but not quite. But now I need to fix something to eat ...

by Anonymousreply 1506/11/2021

I’m at Atlanta Hartsfield airport. My flight is delayed. The only food place open is Chick filA.

Why are there no clocks? Some kind of mind control?

by Anonymousreply 1606/12/2021

Could overwhelm, r16. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 1706/12/2021

Airport clocks are generally in the center of the concourse at intervals, otherwise that's on the gate podium screen. I've never had CfA fare, and don't plan on changing that.

Having coffee from one of my Dollar Tree styrofoam cups. Extension cord, purchased at same time, works well at bedside table for fast-charging the phone (lamp has only a 1A USB socket).

Please tell me (again) what y'all make in your air fryers, besides fried chicken and French fries, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1806/12/2021

I need to fill the oriole feeder with grape jelly but I don't feel like getting sticky in this heat. I'm going to sit here in the air conditioning and let my conscience guide me.

by Anonymousreply 1906/12/2021

That’s what I thought was weird — the gates had signs with scheduled departures and any delays, but they didn’t have the current time. If there were any clocks at all, I missed them.

My first time at Atlanta-Hartfield. What a zoo. And that was early on the slowest day if the week.

I did see one cute guy flying wearing one of those t-shirts with the sides cut out. He might as well have been shirtless. Not that I minded.

by Anonymousreply 2006/12/2021

It's very hot out, and there's a kids' baseball tournament going on at the elementary school in my neighborhood. When I see the parents lugging gear and lawn chairs to the field, I feel so pleased I can stay inside and watch TV in my nice air-conditioned place. #Grateful

by Anonymousreply 2106/12/2021

D.C. is having its Pride march and rally today, after not having it last year. I'm not downtown watching it, because that would require effort and actually leaving the house.

by Anonymousreply 2206/12/2021

It rained all night until about 7 this morning then the sun came out, but it barely cracked 70 all day. No need to water.

It's just lovely now here on the patio in my garden. The rain took a lot of pollen away.

And the little cylinder of Jam Berry Blast infused seltzer is indeed giving me a peaceful easy feeling like it says on the can.

by Anonymousreply 2306/12/2021

I made home brewed peach ginger iced tea.

by Anonymousreply 2406/12/2021

ATL is a huge place, R20. My credit card gives me access to Delta clubs, which is helpful. Hope your flight finally took off!

I have a trip in a few days, though via Charlotte instead of Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 2506/12/2021

I got up early at 6 this morning, put on a washing, took out the trash, ate leftovers and washed the bathroom floor. Now it’s 9am, and I want togo back to bed until noon. It’s a lovely sunny morning though, so I might sit in the garden instead.

by Anonymousreply 2606/12/2021

I wanted to go back to bed just from reading about how you spent your morning, R26.

by Anonymousreply 2706/13/2021

R5 - met 2 Norwegian girls at the a little coffee and sweets shop I go to. Since my roommate speaks Romanain, she translated the ingredient list for one to English. Since I am (according to DL the one and only annoying and chatty top), I started to talk to them about the weather. They said the variation from hot, humid and sunny to dark and cold heavy storms in one day here feel like a boulder on your back. They are here for some IT conference and said they love the prices.

by Anonymousreply 2806/13/2021

Last update on this saga: the betta fish tank light replacement installation was incredibly underwhelming. It had adjustable width so I just popped it on, adjusted the width and plugged it in. It even has a timer so I don't have to bother with turning it on and off every day. The fish keeps trying to fight me through the aquarium glass, so I guess that means he's the betta fish version of happy.

by Anonymousreply 2906/14/2021

I’ve just eaten like a pig, and now I hate myself.

by Anonymousreply 3006/14/2021

[quote] met 2 Norwegian girls at the a little coffee and sweets shop I go to. Since my roommate speaks Romanain, she translated the ingredient list for one to English.

This made my brain hurt.

by Anonymousreply 3106/14/2021

Self-hatred is whelming, R30. We all have our moments of excess. Regrets are a waste of time. And are also whelming.

by Anonymousreply 3206/14/2021

I have a stalker here, but he's so fuckin' lame I'm underwhelmed.

By a lot because he's no good at it.

by Anonymousreply 3306/14/2021

I was overwhelmed by a squall that hit while I was out running errands. Ended up at First Watch again, this time trying their Mexican hash, which was great: eggs, corn, cheese, elote, and scallion on a bed of home fries. Splashed on the Cholula sauce, read my excellent library book, left a happy boy.

Smokehouse almonds on sale at Walgreens - love the wasabi!

by Anonymousreply 3406/14/2021

A bug just scurried across my tv pillow! I brushed it off and am too lazy to find it.

by Anonymousreply 3506/14/2021

I had popcorn twists for supper

by Anonymousreply 3606/14/2021

I'm a little whelmed now thinking about R35's bug. It could be anywhere!

by Anonymousreply 3706/14/2021

And what if his bug is a bedbug? Talk about overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 3806/14/2021

R38 don't be too whelmed. It was more like an ant. Very fast! My cat will get it eventually. Protein!!

by Anonymousreply 3906/14/2021

I went bed shopping today and was overwhelmed by the prices. After a few hours at home, I have come down from the whelming and am now back to being underwhelmed. My cat is comforting me as we speak.

Oh, and I'm not paying 2000 fucking dollars for just a mattress. Fuck you, RC Willey.

by Anonymousreply 4006/14/2021

There are so many DL threads that underwhelm me these days.

by Anonymousreply 4106/14/2021

But only one that is designed to do it.

by Anonymousreply 4206/14/2021

[quote]There are so many DL threads that underwhelm me these days.

Are you suggesting that this one, which exists solely for that purpose, has become de trop, as the French say?

by Anonymousreply 4306/14/2021

I just ate cucumber slices.

by Anonymousreply 4406/14/2021

This thread underwhelms me in a good way, like a relaxing bath before bed. Many others underwhelm like a flaccid cock.

by Anonymousreply 4506/14/2021

I wanted to mow the lawn today, but now it's 11.40am and I am still in bed.

I’m going to get up, make eggs and salmon and then think about whether that is really enough exciting achievement for the day.

by Anonymousreply 4606/15/2021

I got number 47. Highlight of my day.

by Anonymousreply 4706/15/2021

Sleepless night, and I have a lot to do today, and then an actual cocktail party this evening. Nothing to be done about it, just slog through.

I've always wondered, though – what if you're a movie star, and you have a terrible night of sleep, but you still have to get up and film a huge scene, with closeups? I guess drugs, makeup and post-production takes care of it.

by Anonymousreply 4806/15/2021

I'm watching River's YTs about the Harkles.

I like him.

Learned about him here on DL.

He speaks of the "tips" people leave in his "tip jar".

I wonder how many of those tips are from DLers....

by Anonymousreply 4906/15/2021

The person sitting next to me in the ATL airport concourse claims his pit bull is a service animal. It nosed me.

by Anonymousreply 5006/15/2021

I had to buy an electric can opener, something I swore I would never own, because the minor arthritis in my hands hurts too much to use a manual opener some days. ("Arthur always was the worst one of those Ritis brothers," my grandfather used to say.) But for some reason canned olives jam the device and I still have to use the manual opener on those cans. It's not whelming, but it does piss me off in a minor, random way.

by Anonymousreply 5106/15/2021

The dog groomer took 7 hours to finish the job today.

I am eating dinner a little later than normal.

by Anonymousreply 5206/15/2021

[quote]The dog groomer took 7 hours to finish the job today.

That sounds as though it could have been whelming for your dog.

by Anonymousreply 5306/15/2021

My friend Courtney is working from home for the summer. It’s just that she works in entertainment, her office is in LA and she’s back home in Massachusetts. She thought the distance would be whelming but she said last night it’s not.

Her mother still is, though.

by Anonymousreply 5406/16/2021

I went food shopping on Sunday WITH a list of what I needed. I forgot to add coffee. As a result, I had only enough coffee this morning for one cup. I have instant but who wants a cup of instant after a great cup of regular coffee??

I'm off to the store later this afternoon. Somehow I went from hoarding coffee during the pandemic to running out once it's (virtually) over.

by Anonymousreply 5506/16/2021

I just listened to the Putin press conference after his meeting with President Biden. Underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 5606/16/2021

Air pressure indicator took over my car dashboard today, but was lucky enough to add enough at the service station before an afternoon downpour hit.

by Anonymousreply 5706/16/2021

I'm underwhelmed by Samantha Guthrie guest hosting Jeopardy. I'll need to find something else to do at 6pm for the next week.

by Anonymousreply 5806/16/2021

I never leave the house except to buy food and go to appointments.

by Anonymousreply 5906/16/2021

I am currently in a meeting. Thought you all should know since it is extremely underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 6006/16/2021

I expected to whelmed today when I went out for some groceries and prescriptions. Happily, most everyone was still masked, despite the restrictions being lifted yesterday. It was hot though…

by Anonymousreply 6106/16/2021

There are spider mites on my gardenia. I’ve hit it three times with neem oil, and the situation has improved, but I still see a few of the little suckers.

by Anonymousreply 6206/16/2021

Here in southwest Florida, low-caff (50/50) coffee can be tough to find. So, I've had to experiment with blending my own.

by Anonymousreply 6306/17/2021

Just found out that the winter solstice is this coming Monday. Not sure if I’m over- or underwhelmed yet… the difference these days is so minimal.

by Anonymousreply 6406/17/2021

^um, no.

by Anonymousreply 6506/17/2021

Assuming R64 is an Aussie. It's the summer solstice for us.

by Anonymousreply 6606/17/2021

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, the summer solstice will be Sunday, June 20, at 11:31 p.m. It will be the longest day of the year (in terms of daylight), after which it will start getting darker earlier and, before we know it, we'll be inundated with pumpkin spice.

by Anonymousreply 6706/17/2021

Shall I have the rest of today's lunch (meatball sandwich) for dinner tonight... or leave it for tomorrow and have something else?

Such are the decisions of my life...

by Anonymousreply 6806/17/2021

I'm 33 and just got asked for ID while buying a bottle of wine. Sadly, I was wearing a mask, so it doesn't actually count.

by Anonymousreply 6906/18/2021

Cheer up. When I was 16, they never asked.

by Anonymousreply 7006/18/2021

I'm bald with a gray beard. I always tell the "We I. D. Everyone!" clerks: "I feel very sorry for any 20 year old who looks like me!" For the record, I got asked on my most recent purchase at Walgreens the other day.

by Anonymousreply 7106/18/2021

No mail today.

by Anonymousreply 7206/18/2021

Cat is sick and made a colossal mess in the litter box.

by Anonymousreply 7306/18/2021

My neighbor is painting his house grey like everyone else, bit at least he’s adding a daring teal trim.

by Anonymousreply 7406/18/2021

I usually use Cascade Dishwasher Pods but for some reason I bought Finish pods instead last week. I now prefer Finish.

That is all.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 7506/18/2021

I bought a Nintendo Switch last year and never used it for anything. I'm not much of a gamer, but it seems like it has a low barrier to entry and I want to see what I've been missing without being whelmed. Tonight I may unwind by attempting Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

by Anonymousreply 7606/18/2021

My supply of Trader Joe’s Golden Ooolong Iced Tea has been CUT OFF!

What the fuck, Joe?

by Anonymousreply 7706/18/2021

Did you ask the staff whether this is a temporary shortage, or whether that has become specifically a discontinued item?

by Anonymousreply 7806/18/2021

The computer says “supply interruption” but it’s been going on for weeks. I just ordered a case from an online Asian market from the Japanese company that I believe makes TJ’s store brand. We’ll see if they come through.

by Anonymousreply 7906/18/2021

My employer’s daughter returned a book to me today - The New Paint Magic by Jocasta Innes.

She was very upset she’d warped the cover and some pages with water. I told her not to worry; it will just be shoved back onto my shelf and referred to about once every 3 years.

Her being whelmed was not something I could witness, nor support.

by Anonymousreply 8006/18/2021

[quote]I usually use Cascade Dishwasher Pods but for some reason I bought Finish pods instead last week. I now prefer Finish.

I tried Finish once and still have some in the closet because I went right back to Cascade, the brand my dishwasher "recommends." Finish made my pans look dull.

by Anonymousreply 8106/18/2021

On a related note, I bought Purex laundry detergent on a two-for-one sale. It seems to work okay, but that could be the stain remover that I use with troublesome garments as well?

by Anonymousreply 8206/18/2021

Does anybody else remember when ‘Finish’ was called ‘Electrasol?’ ‘Electrasol’ was cheap, at least in comparison to Cascade, and when it became ‘Finish’ it was suddenly top drawer?

by Anonymousreply 8306/18/2021

[quote]R81 Finish made my pans look dull.

I. Cannot. Deal with this.

by Anonymousreply 8406/18/2021

Dull pans do border on whelming.

by Anonymousreply 8506/18/2021

[quote]I bought a new phone today. My old one was as obsolete as Burgess Meredith in a "Twilight Zone" episode. I expected the options to be whelming. I was not disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 8606/18/2021

^^ I didn't mean my post to be presented as a quote. Clearly I am still whelmed by my phone shopping experience. ^^

by Anonymousreply 8706/18/2021

You’ve been through a lot, r87.

Forgive yourself. We all do. (I think.)

by Anonymousreply 8806/18/2021

I just finished hard boiling four dozen eggs with my wonderful Cuisinart egg cooker. So easy and they come out perfect 10 eggs at a time for approx 10 or 12 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 8906/18/2021

What are you planning to do with so many eggs, r89?

by Anonymousreply 9006/18/2021

Share them with two friends doing Keto.

by Anonymousreply 9106/18/2021

I don't care, but I cannot wait for the new Gossip Girl on HBO. I just finished Cruel Summer and I need something good to follow it up. The ending of Cruel Summer spiced up the rather underwhelming summer of content so far.

by Anonymousreply 9206/18/2021

Ah, R91, I thought keto may be the answer. I’ve just started another attempt at low carb, looking to get down to keto level within the next few weeks. I’m currently sooo hungry though!

by Anonymousreply 9306/18/2021

Diets are underwhelming. Lifestyle changes like lean meat, veggies, exercise and lots of water. That's the ticket.

Diet soda is for fatties.

by Anonymousreply 9406/18/2021

I'm looking forward to Gossip Girl too. It looks trashy but really gay. I'm simple to please.

by Anonymousreply 9506/18/2021

DL can't get behind any diet plan that requires the use of the word "veggies," R94.

by Anonymousreply 9606/19/2021

Watch the Dr. Eric Westman videos on YouTube R93, he explains it so well. He runs an obesity clinic at Duke University. If you do it the way he explains you won't be hungry or have cravings. It's a very effective lifestyle change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9706/19/2021

This medical doctor has a great Keto channel as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9806/19/2021

[quote]Most people are drawn to a low carb diet for weight loss, but many stays for ...

I'm whelmed by the awful grammar.

by Anonymousreply 9906/19/2021

I think I may need to get my gutters cleaned. Weeds are starting to grow in them.

by Anonymousreply 10006/19/2021

I'm boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk for dulce de leche.

The plan is to make Banoffee Pie with it.

This Preppy Kitchen guy used a hair dryer to heat up the chocolate for his shavings, interesting. I do like his kitchen.

He also used crumbled Heath bars in the filling, think I'll skip that part mostly because I don't have any.

I hope I haven't whelmed anyone with this, it is not my intent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10106/20/2021

[quote] I hope I haven't whelmed anyone with this, it is not my intent.

As if.

by Anonymousreply 10206/20/2021

I feel whelmed at the idea of making Banoffee pie, but if it includes Heath bars... I'm in!

by Anonymousreply 10306/20/2021

My original plan was to make Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding.

I assumed I had Nilla wafers in my pantry but sadly I was mistaken.

I did however have the ingredients for the Banoffee Pie some of which are the same as the pudding.

I didn't get whelmed, I just regrouped and carried on.

I had t

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10406/20/2021

I've always disliked dairy milk.

I've fallen hook, line and sinker for the carbs-packed "Oat Milk".

by Anonymousreply 10506/20/2021

I'm celebrating Brian Wilson's 79th birthday by playing the Beach Boys all day in iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 10606/20/2021

I can’t imagine assuming I had Nilla wafers in my pantry.

by Anonymousreply 10706/20/2021

The chlorine is turning my hair this weird copper color, but the swim body is totally worth it.

by Anonymousreply 10806/20/2021

Buck's hair never would have turned that weird copper color.

by Anonymousreply 10906/20/2021

I watered my perennials.

by Anonymousreply 11006/20/2021

[quote]R104 I assumed I had Nilla wafers in my pantry but sadly I was mistaken.

These are the tragedies of modern life.

#StayStrong

by Anonymousreply 11106/20/2021

My cat has chronic diarrhea, but she is still hungry and active, so I’m just going to hope it goes away.

by Anonymousreply 11206/20/2021

A hungry cat with diarrhea sounds whelming. For both of you.

by Anonymousreply 11306/20/2021

I have a little side job editing the work of budding (aged) authors in my small town.

I just called one at 11:00 to transcribe a new chapter over the phone. It turns out I was supposed to call at noon.

Now I have an hour to kill.

by Anonymousreply 11406/20/2021

I’m due at a party, but I’m waiting for my hair to dry.

by Anonymousreply 11506/20/2021

Heath bars are on sale at Walgreens these days.

by Anonymousreply 11606/20/2021

Fresh, sweet raspberries taste better to me than fresh, sweet strawberries.

It didn't used to be that way.

by Anonymousreply 11706/20/2021

This new probiotic is giving me the greatest shits ever, almost too stellar. Is it my body getting rid of backed up toxins or is this just too much bang for your buck (not Buck Jarrett).

by Anonymousreply 11806/20/2021

Name of product, please, R118.

by Anonymousreply 11906/20/2021

R118/R119 The two dimensions of whelm and either could be under or over, depending.

by Anonymousreply 12006/20/2021

I am considerating a new bedside lamp.

by Anonymousreply 12106/20/2021

R119 - Pro-50 - it's the top rated on Amazon and it WORKS.

by Anonymousreply 12206/20/2021

R118, why are you taking PRO-50?

by Anonymousreply 12306/20/2021

[quote]I am considerating a new bedside lamp.

Is that more serious than merely considering a new bedside lamp?

by Anonymousreply 12406/20/2021

To make my gut health better. Having good probiotics and gut health is supposed to be everything and this one got the best reviews, R123. Is it too strong??? I'm a healthy athletic 40 year old guy. I just felt it was a good idea to add a daily probiotic and drink more water.

by Anonymousreply 12506/20/2021

Talk of "gut health" is whelming.

by Anonymousreply 12606/21/2021

Considerating was largely a typo, though the Spellcheck Gods had a hand in the affair as well.

Physically attractive item, though the seller is being coy about the USB amps...

by Anonymousreply 12706/21/2021

I’m eating sweet cherries from our farmers market. I’d hoped they would be sweeter.

by Anonymousreply 12806/21/2021

I hate being too sweaty when I leave the gym. If I stay too long in the steam, even after a cold shower, I am still sweating. It's annoying!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12906/21/2021

The good Rainier cherries were finally here in the greengrocers today and going quickly.

But $11.98 a pound is theft.

by Anonymousreply 13006/21/2021

I’m eating a hot dog while watching Dr. Pimple Popper.

by Anonymousreply 13106/21/2021

R131 That's overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 13206/22/2021

It’s my cat’s 12th birthday!

by Anonymousreply 13306/22/2021

[quote]R131 That's overwhelming.

And hugely unappetizing.

by Anonymousreply 13406/22/2021

I wish I had something underwhelming to report, but traveling today - it's like NYE at Times Square out there!

What's up with Cosmo cat? Is he leading the mellow life still?

by Anonymousreply 13506/22/2021

I just got back from the dentist and the right side of face is still numb. Feels good.

by Anonymousreply 13606/22/2021

It was raining, now it’s not, so I’m headed to Trader Joe’s because my cupboard is bare.

by Anonymousreply 13706/22/2021

I just had dinner: fresh mozzarella, cherries, and pistachios.

by Anonymousreply 13806/22/2021

[quote]I just had dinner: fresh mozzarella, cherries, and pistachios.

That sounds like what I'd consume while waiting for my dinner to heat up.

by Anonymousreply 13906/22/2021

I'm going to dinner with a friend but it's nearly 100° outside and that would be very whelming except the humidity is 15%, so it's a dry heat. Also, my car's air conditioning works well.

by Anonymousreply 14006/22/2021

R135, not sure if you’re talking about me but I’ve been chillin’. Haven’t seen my cardinal friend aka Cardi B but the other birds are pretty cool. I have to go to the vet for my annual exam in the next few weeks. Can’t wait til Mom tries to put me in my cat carrier.

Monday was our 5 year anniversary of being roommates.

by Anonymousreply 14106/22/2021

An enormous and presumably homeless man - he had to weigh 300 lbs plus: think Lizzo in filthy, sagging sweatpants and no shirt if you can - was pole-dancing with a parking meter in the 90 degree heat a space ahead of where I was parked on Washington Street this morning.

It could have been overwhelming but honestly, he just wasn’t that good at pole dancing.

by Anonymousreply 14206/22/2021

Thx R141

New Jersey seems difficult for others to understand.

by Anonymousreply 14306/22/2021

R143, you’re welcome! Thanks for asking. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since I brought Cos home. He was sooo tiny and I was afraid he would miss his 3 sisters. He was the only boy in his litter.

What about NJ seems difficult to understand? Other than the no left turn at some intersections and turning right on red.

by Anonymousreply 14406/22/2021

You may be underwhelmed at what I'm about to say… but I'm pleasantly overwhelmed that one of my posts yesterday has now gained 17 likes.

by Anonymousreply 14506/22/2021

Frustrating that NJ stereotypes so easily bought into.

Nice, R145!

by Anonymousreply 14606/22/2021

My stylist went too far with the haircut, but I believe in second chances.

by Anonymousreply 14706/22/2021

Hi, London here. Remember me? or are you different folks now?

A record dealer came to my house today - I'm selling off my old vinyl collection. It went OK. Still have tons to get rid of. I thought he'd take more.

by Anonymousreply 14806/23/2021

[quote]Hi, London here. Remember me? or are you different folks now?

Welcome back, London. I can speak only for myself, but I'm certainly the same.

by Anonymousreply 14906/23/2021

I am relatively new to this thread. What are you known for?

by Anonymousreply 15006/23/2021

We are known for sharing in excruciating detail the mundane details of our totally humdrum lives, R150.

by Anonymousreply 15106/23/2021

Good to see a familiar face, R149!

by Anonymousreply 15206/23/2021

My neighbors are putting in a new concrete sidewalk and I’m afraid it’s going to harden before it gets dark, so I’ll be unable to carve something eternal in it.

by Anonymousreply 15306/23/2021

[quote]My neighbors are putting in a new concrete sidewalk and I’m afraid it’s going to harden before it gets dark, so I’ll be unable to carve something eternal in it.

There's a wonderful invention, R153. It's call a flashlight.

by Anonymousreply 15406/23/2021

I'm catching up on old episodes of Psych and delighted that it's just as funny as I remember it.

by Anonymousreply 15506/23/2021

R155, I loved Psych, it was a really clever and funny crime/mystery show. I’m likely older than the show’s intended audience, but a diehard fan nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 15606/23/2021

Well, Baroness, you see I WANTED it to be dark. I was worried that the concrete would dry BEFORE it got dark. The objective would have been to avoid detection by being cloaked in darkness. A flashlight would rather have the effect of “Hey, everybody—look over here!”.

As it turned out, I was distracted by a carton of ice cream and forgot to check.

by Anonymousreply 15706/23/2021

[quote]As it turned out, I was distracted by a carton of ice cream and forgot to check.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

by Anonymousreply 15806/23/2021

I just had 2 chocolate cakes with whipped cream and lashings of strawberry drizzled about. I sometimes wake up around 3am for a snack and a quick DL check in before returning back to bed. How are you doing tonight, my fellow late night owls? Are you as underwhelmed as i am?

by Anonymousreply 15906/23/2021

My 3 a.m. snack was a piece of toast with some raspberry preserves. The kind with seeds. I find seedless raspberry jam underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 16006/24/2021

So the concrete is dry and it’s glaring! Too bright to match my lovely sand-colored sidewalk. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 16106/24/2021

The lawnboys just finished mowing the grass outside my condo and now we're enjoying a thunderstorm. The combination of smells is puttng me into a very mellow mood...cut grass and rain.

by Anonymousreply 16206/24/2021

R161 It will darken up over a couple seasons. I felt the same way when I had my patio replaced...it was so bright at first. It's calmed down now and looks lovely.

by Anonymousreply 16306/24/2021

Rao's was on sale for $5.99, I bought 2 jars.

by Anonymousreply 16406/24/2021

R159, I usually wake up around 2:00am. I don’t snack, I just have a cup of tea (vodka.) I check-in here, watch Mannix & Cannon, then it’s back to bed.

Now, Greg, I have a question for you. Did you eat two entire cakes at 3:00am? Or did you have two cakes around the house and you had a piece? Not judging, just curious.

by Anonymousreply 16506/24/2021

I sat down, with my elderly cat snoozing next to me, to re-read "'salem's Lot," but I barely started before I began to be whelmed. I think I'll read something else.

by Anonymousreply 16606/24/2021

Most of Stephen King's work can be whelming, it's true.

by Anonymousreply 16706/24/2021

I wrote to Mr. King to tell him I found his novel “Gerald’s Game” was homophobic.

I got an underwhelming form letter in reply.

by Anonymousreply 16806/24/2021

^^ my grammar was better in my letter, BTW

by Anonymousreply 16906/24/2021

I really want a piece of a Carvel ice cream cake. Even the small one is too much for me. I’ll eat the whole thing over the weekend. Maybe I’ll treat myself. My birthday was Wednesday. I’m in my last year of being in my 50’s.

by Anonymousreply 17006/25/2021

Happy Birthday! We had a Carvel within biking distance when I was a kid in NJ.

Rainy day on vacation, but looking forward to lunch at a favorite restaurant; also, looking to make a dent on books I brought along.

by Anonymousreply 17106/25/2021

I had my refrigerator detailed Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 17206/25/2021

I know this might whelm some, and it certainly whelms me, but I can’t think of anywhere else to discuss it.

My cat’s diarrhea was not abating as I had hoped. She just decided that a rolled rug in the basement was her new litter box.

If I’m charitable, perhaps she was asleep in the basement and couldn’t make it to her box. Then, seeing how convenient it was, just kept using it. Still, I can’t help but be mad at her.

by Anonymousreply 17306/25/2021

[quote]Maybe I’ll treat myself. My birthday was Wednesday. I’m in my last year of being in my 50’s.

Sounds to me like reason enough.

by Anonymousreply 17406/25/2021

Well, I used my Bissell carpet stain machine to remove seven little gifts from the rug and now I’m going to take it to the rug cleaners which was probably necessary anyway since it spent 6 years in my brother’s apartment and I doubt he knows how to use a vacuum.

I also placed a second litter box in the basement which she promptly christened.

So now I have two litter boxes to clean. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 17506/25/2021

Thank you, R171! I did buy the small Carvel ice cream cake. It may take a while to eat it all but I will.

by Anonymousreply 17606/25/2021

Happy Birthday Cosmo! We’re the same age for the next two weeks. Enjoy the cake.

by Anonymousreply 17706/25/2021

I just talked to Frankie the Gutter Guy. He’s kind of cute. He’s going to be cleaning my gutters Monday or Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 17806/25/2021

I bet.

by Anonymousreply 17906/25/2021

I’m indulging in a second piece of Mrs. See’s candy. It’s Friday, after all.

by Anonymousreply 18006/25/2021

[quote]I just talked to Frankie the Gutter Guy. He’s kind of cute. He’s going to be cleaning my gutters Monday or Tuesday.

It's been ages since I've had my gutters cleaned.

by Anonymousreply 18106/25/2021

My AC unit was tuned today by a slightly chunky but fine technician.

by Anonymousreply 18206/25/2021

I'm watching The Office on the Comedy Channel. I don't know which episode. I've seen them all a hundred times. They comfort me.

by Anonymousreply 18306/26/2021

Back from a lobster salad (salad with lobster rather than mayo mix in a bun) lunch, picked up some Jamaican food for dinner on the way home. The things you do on vacation...

by Anonymousreply 18406/26/2021

I went out to lunch with a friend today and the bakery next door had pride themed cupcakes. They were just plain vanilla cupcakes with rainbow colored frosting, but I'm that easy, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 18506/26/2021

I went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and it was my first time eating inside a restaurant since March 2020. I thought I would feel a bit whelmed by the experience, but I didn't at all. I guess it's like riding bicycle. It wasn't as though I had forgotten how to dine out.

by Anonymousreply 18606/27/2021

Ran into someone I assumed was gay when I was introduced to him a decade ago. Not long after that, he married and has kids. He struck me as gay today just as he did then - maybe the 'gay' voice?

by Anonymousreply 18706/27/2021

I realized today that I have stopped singing the Happy Birthday song in my head twice when I wash my hands.

I think the vaccine has given me a false sense of security and caused me to abandon good habits. I shall get back on course immediately.

by Anonymousreply 18806/27/2021

Today is my first day back to work. I was off Wed - Fri. I had a gazillion emails to go through even though my out of office message provided a back-up contact. At least I didn't have any VMs.

On the plus side, the day is going by quite quickly. It's already after 3 PM here on the East coast.

by Anonymousreply 18906/28/2021

Last day of my Nantucket vacation, so passed by the infamous Club Car with no sign of Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 19006/28/2021

I really want to FART, but I am in a public place and can't.

by Anonymousreply 19106/28/2021

I’m going to have to force feed my cat two pills twice a day. Joy for us both.

by Anonymousreply 19206/28/2021

I’ve had to resort to the car burrito.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19306/29/2021

Hope your kitty is okay, R192.

by Anonymousreply 19406/29/2021

I am whelmed, r193, but in a very good way. Feel better, Kitty.

by Anonymousreply 19506/29/2021

Good luck to both you, R192. I hope you don't have to do it for any length of time. Please let us know how kitty takes to this new regimen.

by Anonymousreply 19606/29/2021

Two weeks. She has irritable bowel syndrome which steroids have kept under control, but she was stressed when I went away a few days and developed diarrhea which has persisted. Increasing her steroids hasn’t worked, so we’re trying antibiotics. I won’t whelm with the worst case scenario. Let’s hope the pills work.

by Anonymousreply 19706/29/2021

I took an antibiotic, Clindamycin, last week, and it gave me diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 19806/29/2021

I hope cats react differently to antibiotics, R197. Antibiotics often give humans diarrhea or a UTI. Yogurt is supposed to help. Poor kitty and poor you. I've also heard a little PeptoBismol on will help; just a drop on your finger and let her lick it off.

by Anonymousreply 19906/29/2021

r199, today I'm eating yogurt w/probiotics. Hope it helps.

by Anonymousreply 20006/29/2021

I biked to work today. Mostly downhill which is great in the am...

by Anonymousreply 20106/29/2021

The moment you have to fart in yoga class, is the moment the instructor does everything possible to keep your hole spread wide open. Happy baby, deep squats. I had to do everything to keep from letting it out and it ruined my zen!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20206/29/2021

Your subject matter was whelming, R202.

by Anonymousreply 20306/29/2021

I should do the laundry, but instead I'm on DL.

by Anonymousreply 20406/29/2021

There’s a hunk across the street assisting an old fat guy with installing a storm door. He doesn’t seem to have much to do. Would it be too forward to invite him over for some Iced tea?

by Anonymousreply 20506/30/2021

Orange is the new orange.

by Anonymousreply 20606/30/2021

I just ate my last piece of Carvel ice cream cake. it was the Crunchie chocolate kind. It was delicious but I think I'm good until at least the end of Summer.

by Anonymousreply 20706/30/2021

I have to choose between paying bills online or slicing a melon into wedges.

by Anonymousreply 20806/30/2021

A disappointing day: the Asian salad I ordered as lunch ended up being a giant plate of relatively dry cole slaw.

by Anonymousreply 20906/30/2021

[quote]I have to choose between paying bills online or slicing a melon into wedges.

I don't know whether to kill myself or go bowling.

by Anonymousreply 21006/30/2021

I need to clean the litter box but Jeopardy is on.

by Anonymousreply 21106/30/2021

Cat could wait 30 minutes for the hotness that was contestant S. A. today, who sleeps with fruits!

Polished off a half-liter of tonic water this evening (lemon juice added, but no gin), so guess I'm malaria-free.

by Anonymousreply 21206/30/2021

Happily, my sick cat is getting better on the antibiotics. I don’t understand why she thinks taking a pill is such an ordeal. One might hope she would realize the pills are what’s making her feel better, but no.

by Anonymousreply 21306/30/2021

I walked on my treadmill for 40 minutes, going back to bed.

by Anonymousreply 21407/01/2021

I found cookies in my freezer.

by Anonymousreply 21507/01/2021

.^^ Pajama party!

by Anonymousreply 21607/01/2021

Getting back on prep is a chore.

by Anonymousreply 21707/01/2021

I’m procrastinating on a work project. I’m going out for a coffee.

by Anonymousreply 21807/02/2021

My holiday officially begins at 1 PM ET. My company gave us an 'early release.' That usually means we still have to monitor email and VM until 5 pm ET but not this time. This came from the higher ups. I've got 70 minutes to go!

by Anonymousreply 21907/02/2021

Faced with a choice at the supermarket today, I opted for a jar of red cabbage [italic]without[/italic] apples.

by Anonymousreply 22007/02/2021

Your holiday has begun, R219. Is it everything you were hoping it would be?

by Anonymousreply 22107/02/2021

I wonder who puts the stickers on individual fruits and vegetables at my grocers. What would happen if I exchanged the one on an apple for the one on a potato? It's too daunting a task so I'll just sit here and think about it.

by Anonymousreply 22207/02/2021

Holidays bring me sadness, but I love them anyway.

I dislike Summer, but even I feel a poignancy about July 4th. We're at the apex od Summer and from now it's a rush to Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 22307/02/2021

[quote]I dislike Summer, but even I feel a poignancy about July 4th. We're at the apex od Summer and from now it's a rush to Labor Day.

The first day of summer was less than two weeks ago, but I see your point. Still, with the horrible heat and humidity where I live, I say bring on Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 22407/02/2021

I'm going out more

but I worry I'm still not showering enough

by Anonymousreply 22507/02/2021

Weed and spa session makes me sleepy and it's only 8:20pm. I could totally get fucked right now but I don't want to make any effort.

by Anonymousreply 22607/02/2021

I don't like rare steak and I no longer care what people think about it.

by Anonymousreply 22707/02/2021

R39 = Christina Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 22807/02/2021

R225, I read an article a few months ago that quoted a dermatologist who says our skin, like our gut, has its own microbiome, and we are destroying it by over-showering with the various chemicals we use to bathe ourselves. So perhaps it’s all for the better that you’re not showering more.

by Anonymousreply 22907/02/2021

I got waylaid in the hall when I took my trash to the chute and was told all the gossip for this floor and wing of our building. The guy down the hall put that nasty scented thing in his doorway to cover the smell of all the pot he was smoking (this is a non-smoking building and pot is still illegal here), his pill habit finally caught up to him and he wore out his welcome here and moved out. Even so, I saw him loitering in the parking lot just this evening. The mean old bitch down the hall with the yappy dog has been telling false gossip about some of the residents and got publicly called out for it. No one cared for her much anyway, but now she is openly ignored. The guy across the hall has a year in jail in front of him but seems to be keeping the apartment. I never asked for the information, but there it is. Meanwhile, I don't really know any of them so I'm still underwhelmed. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 23007/03/2021

My shower squeegee fell off and scared the cat. He's gone to check it out...

by Anonymousreply 23107/03/2021

I put my new registration sticker on my car this morning without incident. Jealous, BITCHES!?

by Anonymousreply 23207/04/2021

That does qualify as a thoroughly underwhelming activity, R232.

by Anonymousreply 23307/04/2021

I was driving along and a raccoon was circling in the street with a can stuck on his head. I tried to pull the can off but the raccoon just dangled in the air. A beautiful young police officer pulled up and tried to save the raccoon but the can wasn't budging. The officer went back to his car and got some heavy gloves, he grabbed the raccoon by the scruff of the neck and pulled and pulled and finally the can came off. The raccoon ran up a tree.

The officer's beauty was rather whelming, he looked like the son of Sidney Poitier. Ahhhh summertime.

by Anonymousreply 23407/04/2021

Sorry, r234, totally whelmed me.

by Anonymousreply 23507/04/2021

I've spent the whole afternoon masturbating.

by Anonymousreply 23607/04/2021

I think I may be gassy later this evening.

by Anonymousreply 23707/04/2021

R234 experience is definitely too whelming for this thread...

Interesting but too whelming

by Anonymousreply 23807/04/2021

Sometimes I like to have windows open and the AC running.

by Anonymousreply 23907/04/2021

I ate too many potato chips. They were delicious at the time but now I regret my lack of control.

by Anonymousreply 24007/04/2021

Keeping a gunt at bay just feels futile at times!

by Anonymousreply 24107/04/2021

I ran out of Swiffer Dry Cloths. Thought I had a back up box but I was mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 24207/05/2021

Sorry to hear that, R242, as I have plenty to spare!

by Anonymousreply 24307/05/2021

R221, R219 here. Yes, the weekend was all I had hoped it would be. Went to visit my 86 year-old Dad. He lives about 90 minutes away. I hadn't seen him since Sept. 2019 for his birthday. He looks fantastic! He lives in a senior building but is totally independent. He still drives locally but not at night.

He and his lady friend, my sister and I went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch. I missed the communal bucket of peanuts but I really don't need them. I've gained 13 lbs. during COVID so I need to start watching.

Sunday and Monday were spent watching Wimbledon and doing a little housework. Cosmo and I just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company.

by Anonymousreply 24407/06/2021

Today is tropical storm Elsa here. Fortunately, it's just going to be a few heavy squalls, pretty much resolved by tonight. Catch up on reading mostly I think.

Congratulating myself on using an expiring $20 Big Lots coupon towards a patio chair yesterday!

by Anonymousreply 24507/06/2021

I went to dinner with a friend this evening and as we were entering, my worst enemy in the world was leaving. She has done some heinous shit to me in the past. I was very whelmed for about 30 seconds, but then … nothing. I wonder if she just doesn't matter anymore or if I'm just repressing. *shrug*

by Anonymousreply 24607/06/2021

My headphones are laying here, beside my computer.

by Anonymousreply 24707/06/2021

Since I started Keto 4 weeks ago mosquitoes don't bite me. I don't miss them.

by Anonymousreply 24807/06/2021

My hole is too tight to dive into casual bottoming. I need to practice a dildo, then start prep, and then try to get back out there.

by Anonymousreply 24907/06/2021

I have been craving lemon pie ice cream, but there hasn't been any in local stories. Today, I bought key lime pie (technically frozen yogurt with crust bits) instead.

by Anonymousreply 25007/08/2021

Life is filled with compromises, R250. I hope this one won't prove whelming for you.

by Anonymousreply 25107/08/2021

Cosmo just chewed through the cord to my sound bar. I thought I'd put cord protector on those wires but I guess I didn't. I think he's mad because I've been on MS Teams meetings since 12:30 pm ET with only a 1/2 hour break. Thank goodness I'm an Amazon Prime member and have a gift card. I shall order another and make sure I protect ALL cords. It's not terrible since I wanted a longer bar anyway.

Sorry if this is whelming!

by Anonymousreply 25207/08/2021

I have never heard of the term "sound bar"?

by Anonymousreply 25307/08/2021

R253, they are awesome for newer flat screen TVs since the speakers are on the sides of the TV. It projects the sound in front of you so you don't need the TV set to ear-splitting levels..

Google 'sound bar' to see what they look like. My Mom's pre-2010 Vizio has the speakers in the front but my living room TV doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 25407/08/2021

Thanks, I have no TV at present. I watch programs on my telephone.

by Anonymousreply 25507/08/2021

Understood, R255.

by Anonymousreply 25607/08/2021

R255, how about a bluetooth speaker for your phone? They are pretty awesome and in expensive.

by Anonymousreply 25707/08/2021

r253, it's where you go for Sonic-tinis.

by Anonymousreply 25807/08/2021

Betta fish I put in the aquarium I was gifted is doing great. His little tank is in my living room by my favorite chair and he likes to watch me when I'm in there watching TV or reading. Other than the regular water changes and filter change once a month, it's not as whelming as I thought it would be to have a small aquarium, but I don't think I'd ever get a bigger one or more fish -- too much work.

by Anonymousreply 25907/08/2021

Very nice, R259!

by Anonymousreply 26007/08/2021

We just went few a couple if hours of heavy thunderstorms in NNJ and Elsa isn’t even here yet. I need to go to Costco.

by Anonymousreply 26107/08/2021

Here in Florida, we had a morning of very nasty thunderstorms at the end, kind of like Elsa slamming the door on her way out!

by Anonymousreply 26207/08/2021

The sky is very overcast. A thunderstorm is on the way. It must be close, my cat is getting skittish. I wish he enjoyed thunderstorms as much as I do.

by Anonymousreply 26307/08/2021

[quote]We just went few a couple if hours of heavy thunderstorms in NNJ and Elsa isn’t even here yet.

The atmospheric changes are affecting your ability to type coherently, R261.

by Anonymousreply 26407/08/2021

Vegas 117°

by Anonymousreply 26507/08/2021

No rain in Seattle for the last week.

I don't think people appreciate how much water is needed to wash away the stench.

Even the tourists stink.

by Anonymousreply 26607/08/2021

I have begun to suspect mixing NyQuil™ with Ambien night after night isn't in my best interests.

by Anonymousreply 26707/09/2021

My gastroenterologist prescribed codeine yesterday for GI issues. It works too well.

OTOH, I got a great night’s sleep as Elsa raced toward the Maritimes this morning.

by Anonymousreply 26807/09/2021

I’m having a rug cleaned and they called recommending that I replace the fringe. Now I’m racked with indecision.

by Anonymousreply 26907/09/2021

I'm in the office today. There's probably 4 people here plus me. It's not too bad.

by Anonymousreply 27007/09/2021

I put air in my tires at Wawa this morning. The air is free there and I find this very hospitable of them.

by Anonymousreply 27107/09/2021

R269

Get new fringe instead of second guessing yourself.

R271

My garage offers free air; I bought a small digital pressure reader that's worked out well.

Splurged on dessert at lunch: apple-yogurt parfait with honey!

by Anonymousreply 27207/09/2021

I'm scrolling through a DL thread about frying hamburgers in a pan on the stove. Now I want a cheeseburger, nothing fancy, just a great cheeseburger.

by Anonymousreply 27307/09/2021

Thank you R272. I shall follow your instruction

by Anonymousreply 27407/09/2021

Actually, I won’t. They wanted $320.

by Anonymousreply 27507/09/2021

[quote]I’m having a rug cleaned and they called recommending that I replace the fringe. Now I’m racked with indecision.

A sharp pair of scissors will solve that problem pronto with no cost to you.

by Anonymousreply 27607/09/2021

Max Wright had OCD issues with fringe. It didn't end well.

by Anonymousreply 27707/09/2021

There must be a better way to eliminate toenail fungus.

by Anonymousreply 27807/09/2021

My sofa is chic rather than comfortable and sometimes I think I should sell it and get a sectional.

by Anonymousreply 27907/09/2021

R269 - Have the fringe removed. We had two beautiful, expensive rugs and the fringe always looked dirty and messy. We had the fringe removed and the borders bound and now I think they're so much nicer.

by Anonymousreply 28007/10/2021

I signed up for Informed Delivery from USPS for my PO Box. Love this feature, I don't have to go traipsing over there if nothing of importance awaits me. Why didn't I do this sooner.

by Anonymousreply 28107/10/2021

I trimmed the shrubberies and now my arms are itchy. Next time, a strapping youth.

by Anonymousreply 28207/10/2021

I stoped gong to my RC church 3 years ago, caught up with one of my choir friend today after all that time. I found out that half of the choir participants have pased. from cancer, heart attack or old age. really sad. made me feal shitty I left without a good by. it was an elderly person choir by the way

by Anonymousreply 28307/11/2021

Your lack of spelling skills is whelming, R283.

by Anonymousreply 28407/11/2021

R283, I used to visit Lutheran services just for the old women in the front rows bleating hymns. Everyone sight-reads in a Midwestern nasal - musical geese.

by Anonymousreply 28507/11/2021

My $5 whiskey rebate arrived early!

by Anonymousreply 28607/11/2021

I'm drinking a Martini. My kind of drink, the best cocktail there will ever be. So crisp, clean, elegant....and packs a wallop!

by Anonymousreply 28707/11/2021

I'm drinking iced tea. Unsweetened. No lemon.

by Anonymousreply 28807/11/2021

[quote]I'm drinking a Martini. My kind of drink, the best cocktail there will ever be. So crisp, clean, elegant....and packs a wallop!

I'm enjoying a delicious Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 28907/11/2021

There are more fireflies than usual this year where I live, but still not all that many.

by Anonymousreply 29007/11/2021

My poutine was cold by the time I got home.

by Anonymousreply 29107/11/2021

R289 I had a Cosmo earlier. Great minds.

Anyway, it bothers me that it's so hard to find Pepsi products out west. Goddammit, I have to pack my own Dt Mt Dew when I visit CA. That's unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 29207/11/2021

Is it easy being a kept man? In the past when I was 26 I had the possibility of partnering up with a married arab man that was quite wealthy. Think gulf region wealthy but the idea of his sweaty hairy body put me off. Now thinking back I should have at least tried it maybe I would be set for life now. Looking for my own sugar baby 👶

by Anonymousreply 29307/12/2021

Goodness. R293's post has more drama than all of the previous 292 posts combined.

by Anonymousreply 29407/12/2021

[quote] your systolic (94) is on the low end of normal but your diastolic bp (43) is way too low.

I went to a pulmonologist in NYC last week and when I left they handed me a list visiti summary. I looked at the BP later on and it said 147/43.

This was a specialist’s office in a renowned uni hospital. The person who took my blood pressure was a little old man maybe 80 years old who I think was a medical technician. Because…….duh. 147/43 no es posible.

by Anonymousreply 29507/12/2021

I don't want to work today, been feeling like this since a couple of weeks. have two weeks of vacation after this week. I'm really looking forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 29607/12/2021

changed my bad habbit of using a towel for almost two weeks to using a fresh one every other day. read somwhere that it is really unhygienic to use a dirty towel for long periods of time. I bought two really big bath sheets from IKEA, they are good qualilty at an affordable price. now I have four large bathtowels.

by Anonymousreply 29707/12/2021

I murdered my betta fish. Actually, two betta fish. I put the first one on top of my TV (this was back in the day when TVs weren't slim lined), and I so enjoyed watching him swim around, until he died the next day. After the wake (lol), I got another betta fish and put him in the same place. He didn't last, either.

Finally, I realized that the heat from the TV was slowly boiling them to death! I felt so badly for the poor little guys.

Is this underwhelming or whelming?

by Anonymousreply 29807/12/2021

It's currently 56 degrees and cloudy here. There is a coyote running around about a half block from my house.

by Anonymousreply 29907/12/2021

Whelming, R98.

by Anonymousreply 30007/12/2021

^^ Make that R298. ^^

by Anonymousreply 30107/12/2021

It wasn't murder, r298, only involuntary fishslaughter.

by Anonymousreply 30207/13/2021

It's trash pick-up day and I managed to get both my garbage and recycling bins to the curb and then return to bed.

by Anonymousreply 30307/13/2021

Eh. They come again Friday.

by Anonymousreply 30407/13/2021

I think I saw a murder hornet today. I’m going to try to not give it too much thought.

by Anonymousreply 30507/13/2021

My house is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 30607/13/2021

I’m afraid to go to sleep. I grilled two andouille-flavored chicken sausages but dropped them on the floor. I wasn’t going to go back out there with the mosquitoes, so I washed them off and ate them. Now I’m afraid if I go to sleep, I might not wake up.

by Anonymousreply 30707/13/2021

Oh, you’ll wake up r307, you’ll wake up.

by Anonymousreply 30807/13/2021

You would have awakened even if you hadn't washed them off, R307. Go ahead and sleep.

by Anonymousreply 30907/13/2021

My boss texted to say she doesn’t need me this Thursday.

I am glad, I tell you. GLAD! Looking forward to a completely underwhelming respite.

by Anonymousreply 31007/13/2021

r307, if none of your ancestors died because of this, and you were born, you are good to go.

by Anonymousreply 31107/13/2021

I'm using this hemorrhoid cream I got on Amazon and my asshole literally feels like it has been sucked up inside itself.

by Anonymousreply 31207/13/2021

Meanwhile, R312, the rest of us are feeling rather whelmed right now.

by Anonymousreply 31307/13/2021

[quote]R307 Now I’m afraid if I go to sleep, I might not wake up.

No you nap on a cloud for the rest of eternity.

You can handle it.

by Anonymousreply 31407/13/2021

R312, link?

by Anonymousreply 31507/13/2021

Why do people on the East coast feel free to text West coasters at any hour, without considering the time difference? I’m always getting texts at 4-6 am. Yes my phone is silenced but still. I’d be polite and wait.

by Anonymousreply 31607/14/2021

Taking my car in for an oil change today. I hope they don't find any problems.

by Anonymousreply 31707/14/2021

I’m fine. Thanks for asking.

by Anonymousreply 31807/14/2021

Finally finished a jar of pickles! I had 2 pickles with lunch.

by Anonymousreply 31907/14/2021

Getting thunder, lightning, and rain here in northern NJ. Add to this, I had to have my dryer vent cleaned so there was noise this morning at 8:45 am. Cos is NOT amused!

by Anonymousreply 32007/14/2021

Cos sounds like a handful, R320.

by Anonymousreply 32107/14/2021

I have a girl friend from elementary school that is a grandmother now and we are only 40, she got her first child at 16. time flies by so quick and leaves us all behind.

by Anonymousreply 32207/14/2021

I ate dairy with oats before bed and I feel like I'm crowning, but it won't come out. My flatulance is eye watering. No bottoming for me tonight.

by Anonymousreply 32307/14/2021

I regret my purchase of a turqoise table runner. Dark blue would look much nicer, but just the idea of shopping for one already exhausts me.

by Anonymousreply 32407/15/2021

Originally from NJ as well...

When getting coffee creamer from refrigerator just now, I noticed there's still half of the Wensleydale apricot cheese left.

by Anonymousreply 32507/15/2021

Don’t look anyone in the eyes!

by Anonymousreply 32607/15/2021

Oh my. I’m sorry to have whelmed, out of the blue. Above in response to

[quote]r16 I’m at Atlanta Hartsfield airport. My flight is delayed. The only food place open is Chick filA. Why are there no clocks? Some kind of mind control?

I panicked.

by Anonymousreply 32707/15/2021

I tried the new fancy Italian restaurant that opened nearby. They make “Napoletana” pizzas. They use pappardelle, not ziti. It was terrible. This is NJ, honey. You’ve got competition. If you want to charge more, you have to deliver the goods.

by Anonymousreply 32807/15/2021

I prefer pappardelle to ziti.

by Anonymousreply 32907/15/2021

Not when it’s soggy

by Anonymousreply 33007/15/2021

I think you should take it up with the restaurant, r330, rather than with me. Where is the place? What is its name?

by Anonymousreply 33107/15/2021

Are you lost?

by Anonymousreply 33207/15/2021

I'm from NJ, are you saying you put pasta on pizza??? When I lived in Seattle, I was complaining how awful the pizza was there to another resident from Trenton (The Burg). He recommended a specific place, which earned him a skeptical look from me. The guy responded: "It's okay, the owner's from New Brunswick!"

The Trentonite also said he considered "vodka penne" about as Italian as General Tzo is Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 33307/15/2021

[quote] are you saying you put pasta on pizza???

Um, no.

by Anonymousreply 33407/15/2021

That would be whelming. Some would say [italic]over[/italic] whelming.

by Anonymousreply 33507/15/2021

I have seen pizza topped with ziti. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 33607/15/2021

Had to drive home from the beauty parlor in a lightning storm. Totally shook now!

by Anonymousreply 33707/15/2021

[quote]Had to drive home from the beauty parlor in a lightning storm. Totally shook now!

Was your hairdo ruined?

by Anonymousreply 33807/15/2021

Buzzcuts hold up well... fancy that!

by Anonymousreply 33907/15/2021

I don't like typical NJ/NY/Phila pizza. There's never enough sauce and always too much cheese.

by Anonymousreply 34007/15/2021

R299, I am not whelmed by your coyote. I am whelmed by the fact that it's 56 degrees in mid-July. Do you live in Alaska? Eureka, CA?

by Anonymousreply 34107/15/2021

I just ate a bag of frozen strawberries. They're not as good as ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 34207/15/2021

I find it other way around R340.

I can only laugh at 56F. It'll be 90 here until October.

by Anonymousreply 34307/15/2021

I ate too many dark chocolate and turbinado sugar covered almonds. But I regret nothing!

by Anonymousreply 34407/15/2021

I sleazed with the movie "Orlando" this afternoon - Jimmy Somerville, Billy Zane, and Thee Tilda Swinton - with all the rest god bless.

Haven't read the book in 20 years and now I have to reread it. Once upon a time, I chewed through everything and could retain plots and themes. At 53, I'm stuck rereading everything. Perhaps I'm demented.

by Anonymousreply 34507/15/2021

Cut yourself some slack, r345, if you don’t remember the plot from “Orlando”! It’s strength is in its descriptive passages. (Maybe I’m just rationalizing my own inability to remember it.)

by Anonymousreply 34607/15/2021

^ “Its strength”, of course. Where is the edit feature? Now I’m whelmed….

by Anonymousreply 34707/15/2021

R345: I have a friend who is a literature professor who retains the details of book plots very well. Myself, I barely retain any details from most books, able to reread them as "like new" with just an impression of how well I liked it the first time.

Anyone else have one of those low-water-use washers (came with my new apt)? I'm making my peace with its quirkiness, but doubt I'd want to buy one myself.

by Anonymousreply 34807/16/2021

R321, Cos can be a handful but he's a pretty lovable cat otherwise. He kept me sane while losing my Mom, brother, and sister within 9 months of each other. Working from home during the pandemic, he's been a companion without being a pain in the ass.

I'm on staycation next week. Cos has his annual check-up next Tuesday. I didn't tell him I traded in the Cadillac. Do you think he'll notice?

by Anonymousreply 34907/16/2021

Egad, Cosmo - that's a ton of loss!

by Anonymousreply 35007/16/2021

R349 Why does Cos have an annual checkup? I'm curious because I have owned (been-owned-by) cats for many years. After their initial vet visits for all necessary vaccinations, they only visited the vet if they exhibited some type of abnormal behavior. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

by Anonymousreply 35107/16/2021

Because vets want to make more, silly R351

by Anonymousreply 35207/16/2021

R349, I've always had cats that got annual check-ups. He's an indoor cat so he only gets rabies shots every 3 years. He's due for a Feline Distemper shot this time. I adopted him from the same veterinary practice. I get an annual check-up so he does, too. I guess it's a case of better safe than sorry.

Male cats can develop urinary tract issues. I'd like keep ahead of that, in case it happens to him. My sister's cat developed UT issues as has a co-worker's cat. My co-worker is shelling out big bucks now for prescription food from her vet.

by Anonymousreply 35307/16/2021

[quote]Anyone else have one of those low-water-use washers (came with my new apt)? I'm making my peace with its quirkiness, but doubt I'd want to buy one myself.

I've known people who say they don't seem to get their laundry as clean. I've had one for a couple of years now and it seems to work just fine. Is it even possible to buy any other kind of washer these days?

by Anonymousreply 35407/16/2021

I need to get new batteries for my ThermaPen thermometer, two CR2032.

I'll just have to guestimate the doneness of my meat until then.

by Anonymousreply 35507/16/2021

My meat has been done since 2017.

by Anonymousreply 35607/16/2021

I find it gets the clothes clean, R254. What's weird is that it agitates dry a few times first in order to gauge the amount of water needed apparently, resulting in most of the clothes lumped in a pile on one side. So, one then has to hit the pause button in order to redistribute the clothes evenly, before resuming the washing cycle itself.

by Anonymousreply 35707/16/2021

I had one once. Every wash took hours.

by Anonymousreply 35807/16/2021

The "normal" cycle of my dishwasher takes more than three hours from start to finish. How is that supposed to conserve water or energy?

by Anonymousreply 35907/16/2021

The turbo cycle (i.e., regular wash) in my new LG dishwasher takes 59 minutes and uses 6.7 gallons of water.

The normal cycle (i.e., slower-than-you-thought-possible wash) takes 3 hours and uses 6.0 gallons of water.

I use the turbo wash.

by Anonymousreply 36007/16/2021

R353 Thanks for the response. The last time I took my male cat in to the vet it was for a UT issue. He's now on expensive prescription food but - good news - it's taking care of the problem and we haven't been back to the vet in a couple years. Peter is my first male cat; my females had no issues.

by Anonymousreply 36107/16/2021

You're welcome, R353. I hope Peter continues to be UT-free.

by Anonymousreply 36207/16/2021

Must read shelf signs more closely: Publix special was buy two (Coke 6 packs), get one free, not two. Still, caffeine-free diet option not easy to find elsewhere. Will pair it with horseradish cheese from New York.

Cosmo, and other cat folks, should consider reading Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 36307/17/2021

I had hiccups and envisioned two pounds of shit coming up through my nose ala Bolsonaro.

The hiccups passed shit-free.

by Anonymousreply 36407/17/2021

I am bored and also exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 36507/17/2021

This is a thread that celebrates boredom and the mundane, so you should feel right at home, R365.

by Anonymousreply 36607/17/2021

People with low energy are most welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 36707/17/2021

I still don't have the nerve to use my new Stihl chain saw. I just know it's going to be noisy.

by Anonymousreply 36807/17/2021

My coffee has been a bit bitter lately even after I descaled the machine.

I remembered the old salt trick this morning, added a pinch of salt to the grounds and no more bitter.

by Anonymousreply 369Last Sunday at 3:38 AM

R363 Thanks. I just ordered Homer's Odyssey.

Also, I love horseradish white cheddar especially with turkey or ham.

by Anonymousreply 370Last Sunday at 8:26 AM

I love horseradish in general, R370.

by Anonymousreply 371Last Sunday at 12:56 PM

Prime Rib is an excuse to eat horseradish!

by Anonymousreply 372Last Sunday at 1:07 PM

I just slipped horseradish into my onion potato soup to give it some bass note.

There was a Pokémon convention and grownups are walking around d in pikachu hats. Cute.

by Anonymousreply 373Last Sunday at 1:19 PM

"Walking around" where exactly? The streets? Not trying to be nasty, but confused.

by Anonymousreply 374Last Sunday at 1:47 PM

Downtown Seattle. Tourists - belted shorts, nervous around street people, cardstock pikachu hats.

by Anonymousreply 375Last Sunday at 1:51 PM

OK thanks - I recently left Seattle after nearly 20 years. You were giving me flashbacks to similar events at the SEA Airport DoubleTree.

by Anonymousreply 376Last Sunday at 2:05 PM

I can't believe how much I don't care tomorrow is Monday.

by Anonymousreply 377Last Sunday at 7:34 PM

I was underwhelmed by this on another thread:

[quote]What you want are Japanese raw selvedge denim made on the island of Madarashima, the company is Yokorushimikakarusoto, expect to pau 1200 usd for a pair of jeans, but they will last a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 378Last Sunday at 10:17 PM

My power went out yesterday at 9:30 am ET. Kept getting bogus updates - power restored by Noon, then 2, then 3, then 7, then 10 pm!! It finally came back on at 9 pm. Around 1 pm, I decided to go for a walk. Went to Panera and had the Southwest Chili salad, it was actually pretty good. The. I walked back home.

by Anonymousreply 379Last Monday at 5:01 AM

Interesting, Cosmo, as I'm not a fan of Panera sandwiches, but occasionally get rebate (cashback) offers for them on my credit cards. Power outages are something I dread.

We are having a sales tax holiday next week (starting Sat) on computer-related items, and "school supplies" - afraid I'm going to get carried away buying stuff I might not actually "need" but... oh, well...

by Anonymousreply 380Last Monday at 5:40 AM

I find it kind of depressing that I don’t have anything to report, even to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 381Last Monday at 11:28 AM

[quote]I find it kind of depressing that I don’t have anything to report, even to this thread.

Which you just reported. That's the beauty of the underwhelmed threads. You don't need to have anything going on in your life to take part in them.

by Anonymousreply 382Last Monday at 11:56 AM

Tried pizza at a new (to me) place. Unfortunately, not a fan of thin crust style.

by Anonymousreply 383Last Monday at 12:33 PM

I felt ill today. I decided to eat some pot gummies and stay in bed.

by Anonymousreply 384Last Monday at 12:41 PM

My pizza experiments are on hiatus - too much money to find out they use shit sauce.

My other issue is that some coat the bottom of the crust with too much corn meal - or whatever that gritty crap is called.

by Anonymousreply 385Last Monday at 12:42 PM

I spent 2 hours today at the dentist office having my tooth ground down for a crown. Dentist prescribed Percocet for the pain. I probably should have washed it down with water instead of a glass of wine.

by Anonymousreply 386Last Monday at 6:27 PM

Remember in the 90s when everyone's first response to a physical complaint was, "Do you want a percocet?"

by Anonymousreply 387Last Monday at 7:53 PM

I wonder in what degree the meds I use have affected my memory and my ability to study or is it plain old age (40). I hope it's not early onset of dementia or something like that.

I have to tell them at the office that I have been accepted at another job, there are reorganizations coming and in October they are deciding who is staying. my chances of staying are slim so I decided to look around, didn't expect to get something else this soon.

by Anonymousreply 388Last Monday at 9:55 PM

Congratulations on your new job, R388! Whenever layoffs/reorganizations are mentioned in advance, the company is hoping some will resign.

by Anonymousreply 389Last Tuesday at 5:18 AM

thx Cosmo. Yes the resignations started coming in already. I saw an general e-mail somebody in my department sent, but I thought I heard he was in negotiations for a higher salary. didn't get it I guess.

by Anonymousreply 390Last Tuesday at 6:13 AM

Just finished Andy Weir's new novel, Project Hail Mary. Ripping good read. Got a bit teary-eyed at the end. I understand it is in development for a film starring Ryan Gosling. I wonder who will play Rocky...

by Anonymousreply 391Last Tuesday at 8:21 AM

I've been trying to apply privacy film to a couple of windows all morning. Watched all the YTs to no avail. I'm about to pack up all this shit and take it back to Lowe's. I'll need to stop at Culver's for custard afterwards so this day isn't a total loss.

by Anonymousreply 392Last Tuesday at 9:33 AM

MMM Custard. Where is Culvers? I could go for a good custard.

by Anonymousreply 393Last Tuesday at 9:40 AM

We have Culver's here, but I've never had custard, only burgers.

by Anonymousreply 394Last Tuesday at 9:48 AM

Culver's started in Wisconsin I believe but they are popping up all over now. They're known for their ButterBurgers (very good) and custard.

by Anonymousreply 395Last Tuesday at 9:50 AM

I just read that Jaws was rated PG back when it was first released in the 70s! That's crazy. I know there was no PG-13 in those days, but still. Quint's death scene made me a bit squeamish even as an adult. Would have given me nightmares if I'd seen it as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 396Last Tuesday at 11:10 AM

My cat soiled the rug in the worst possible way.

by Anonymousreply 397Last Tuesday at 2:18 PM

R385 is why I love these threads. Or perhaps "love" is too whelming, so I'll say I'm mildly fond of these threads.

R385, thank you for making this point. I totally agree about the "cornmeal", and what IS that stuff? It's on most so-called classic NY and Philly pizzas (which I hate anyway because they never use enough sauce, and what sauce there is is thin and bitter). As you say, it's gritty, and I swear it has a taste even though people look at me like I'm nuts when I say that.

This probably deserves it's own thread but the thought of starting one is whelming.

by Anonymousreply 398Last Tuesday at 4:02 PM

^^^ Oh, dearing myself. "Its own thread ...," not "it's."

by Anonymousreply 399Last Tuesday at 4:04 PM

I made apple sauce to go with my roast pork tenderloin, by which I mean I simply cut up a honey crisp apple cooked it with butter cinnamon and lemon juice and agave nectar, and mashed it up. I don’t understand why recipes for apple sauce say to peel it. The skin is delicious and nutritious and kind of disappears into the mush anyway

by Anonymousreply 400Last Wednesday at 5:35 PM

Fell down a YouTube hole and found this 1997 BBC news report on the Pokemon episode that caused seizures in Japan. This was before Pokemon aired on Western TV, which is presumably why Pikachu is referred to as "Pakucho".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401Last Thursday at 5:48 AM

I'm afraid to watch the llink at R401. It will probably overwhelm me.

by Anonymousreply 402Last Thursday at 7:42 AM

Speaking of youtubes, LilNasX has a new song.

Not as exquisite as Monterro, but it has jail scenery and a shower dance. Also, the kid from SNL who explained NFTs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403Last Thursday at 11:14 PM

I bought an expensive bottle of champagne yesterday and drank it all. I felt great- I am also reading The Sun Also Rises, and all they do is drink.

by Anonymousreply 404Last Thursday at 11:51 PM

Not many believe this, but the difference between the high you get from expensive alcohol is different than the high you get from cheap alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 405Last Thursday at 11:58 PM

The difference is different, R405? Perhaps you've had enough for one night.

by Anonymousreply 406Yesterday at 1:49 AM

Sometimes I wonder how many people have passed away that used to post here on DataLounge without us knowing and if we knew would it make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 407Yesterday at 2:21 AM

My Amazon order of one USB cable just arrived. The envelope could have easily contained at least four boxes, possibly more. Do they only use XL size ones for everything?

by Anonymousreply 40820 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!