Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everyday Treasoning: I Melt With You (The Treason Thread, Part 41)

Continued Discussion

Good Ole Rudy has spent the day on Fox News on some unhinged rant about how they've cracked the case!

Let's not ignore whatever is happening down the side of his face.

I'll stop the world and melt with you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 13, 2021 2:37 AM

Link to previous thread for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2020 7:13 PM

Noun, verb, 9/11, hair dye.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2020 7:16 PM

That picture is terrifying, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2020 7:32 PM

Nightmare fuel.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2020 7:37 PM

Could someone PLEASE nail him into his coffin this time???

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2020 7:39 PM

That title is CLASSIC.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2020 7:46 PM

R5 LMAO! I'll bring the hammer if you bring the nails!

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2020 7:54 PM

He’s a shithead

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2020 8:42 PM

Nailing him doesn't work, you fools!

Only a wooden stake through the heart kills The Ghoul!

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2020 8:56 PM

R9 you think he has one? HAHAHAHA.

He might need to get on the bed to adjust and check for it.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2020 9:08 PM

No census data for you! Census data will not be ready in time for Trump to fuck with it, says Census Bureau, but will be given to President Biden instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2020 9:22 PM

Looks like someone spit a wad of chewing tobacco on the side of his ugly face.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2020 9:23 PM

Warning on the bottle: "Won't stain your pillow, but will embarrass you if holding a bogus press conference."

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2020 9:43 PM

Isn't it coincidental that Sydney Powell (Flynns Atty) Joe DiGenova and Victoria Toensing are all at Rudy Giuliani's presser...ALL OF WHOM ARE ON THE PAYROLL OF DMITRY FIRTASH. Is that who Jenna Ellis sold her soul to ?

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 12:13 AM

We all knew it was going to get this way before things got good again. Come Jan 20, Pres Bone Spurs will be demoted.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2020 12:36 AM

remaking "Death In Venice"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2020 1:03 AM

Orange Shitpile thanks his sister Elizabeth for her support; turns out he was responding to a parody account, @TheBettyTrump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2020 4:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2020 4:12 PM

About fucking time r18.

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2020 4:52 PM

Giuliani and his team kicked out of Trump's meeting with the Michigan officials because they were all exposed to Andrew Giuliani, who has COVID. “It’s just a shitshow, it’s a joke,” said a Trump campaign adviser.

HA HA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2020 7:58 PM

[quote]“It’s just a shitshow, it’s a joke,” said a Trump campaign adviser.

NOW they realize that? NOW?

After four, long suffering years they finally realize that?

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2020 8:42 PM

Because... FL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2020 2:08 AM

I'm sure we're all sending our best wishes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2020 3:00 AM

Since R23 didn't load the photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2020 3:00 AM

And yet they still don't ban Orange's main Orange account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2020 6:52 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Trump Can't Install Himself as President, But His Actual Goal May Be Immunity From Prosecution

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2020 8:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2020 9:28 PM

I so want to see this orange fuck and his entire administration of criminals go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2020 9:40 PM

And his family, r28. Don't forget his family!

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2020 10:21 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Trump Knows He Lost. Next Up: Pardons & How to Defeat Corruptly-Delivered Pardons in Court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2020 3:57 PM

Neal Katyal: Trump’s Behavior ‘Basically Guarantees’ He’ll Be Prosecuted:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2020 5:34 AM

Ghouli already knew his son had tested poz for Covid, but went ahead with the presser in that tiny, hot, cramped room. Then soon after announced he was going into quarantine- after yelling and spitting and sweating on everyone.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2020 5:45 AM

R32.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2020 1:18 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Here's Why the Rule of Law Requires Trump Be Prosecuted Upon Leaving Office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2020 1:06 AM

These Are the 3 Inmates AG Barr Ordered Be Executed Ahead of Anti-Death-Penalty Biden Admin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2020 2:52 AM

If you've wondered, is it really treason? Isn't Trump just a stupid crook? Try reading this Twitter thread on U.S. withdrawal from the Open Skies Treaty, which was negotiated to "establish[] a program of unarmed aerial surveillance flights over the entire territory of its participants." U.S. withdrawal was to Russia's benefit. Go back into the 2019 tweets to see some of the short-term results.

It really was treason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2020 4:06 AM

Glenn Kirschner:

Michigan Certifies Biden, Barr Goes Underground & McConnell Picks Judges Over Suffering Americans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2020 6:19 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Biden's Pick for Secretary Of State, Tony Blinken, Is About to See What Pompeo Has Been Hiding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 25, 2020 7:03 PM

[quote]Biden's Pick for Secretary Of State, Tony Blinken, Is About to See What Pompeo Has Been Hiding

AVERT YOUR GAZE Biden's Pick for Secretary Of State, Tony Blinken! AVERT YOUR GAZE!

by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2020 7:30 PM

Of course he did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 25, 2020 8:33 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Trump Corruptly Pardons Mike Flynn. Does Judge Sullivan Have Any Options Left in Flynn's Case?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 25, 2020 11:05 PM

O.K., I'm teary eyed...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 25, 2020 11:46 PM

To all the Mueller/ Treason thread posters- the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. Our soon to be ex Pres Bone Spurs was humiliated and beaten. He’s whining like the huge man-baby he is. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and please stay safe!

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2020 11:53 PM

FCI, we need deets on the whining, please!

Is he afraid the new AG will dish his diet for the world to see?

We gonna get confirmation of our treason suspicions?

Spill, baby!

by Anonymousreply 44November 26, 2020 1:30 AM

Glenn Kirschner:

Trump's Corrupt Pardon of Flynn MUST be Challenged; Even Barr Says Corrupt Pardons are Illegal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 26, 2020 10:57 PM

Keith Olbermann: They All Need To Be Prosecuted Or They'll Try It Again:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2020 1:01 AM

The entire Repug party has been becoming more and more a criminal enterprise since Reagan. It needs to end. Biden is a one termer. He needs to be the one to end it, not play pattycake with them.

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2020 1:13 AM

Q. Please. If Michael Flynn accepts the pardon (do you accept or does it just happen?) he is admitting he is guilty and may never plead the fifth again. Can he be brought to trial on other charges and be made to testify about what he was pardoned for?

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2020 10:31 AM

Or against Trump ^^^

by Anonymousreply 49November 27, 2020 12:38 PM

R48, as far as I know, you are correct. Flynn likely knows the conditions of accepting a pardon, but that Arizona sheriff (name forgotten and I’m not looking it up) only learned that accepting Trump’s pardon involved an admission of guilt after the fact. During an interview with Ari Melber, actually. Great TV.

But I digress. Pardons imply guilt and strip 5th amendment rights related to the charges/convictions pardoned, as I’ve learned in this 4+ years long civics lesson from hell that is the Trump administration.

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2020 12:44 PM

I guess to further answer your question, he could be brought to testify against Trump, and couldn’t plead the fifth if he were asked to testify that Trump asked him to do something illegal.

by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2020 12:53 PM

Yes that’s what R49 was saying

by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2020 1:43 PM

...and if he lies under oath, off to prison he goes. We have a LOT of information on this entire cabal...including Flynn. More than enough to know if hes lying AND WHY. Flynn will end up in prison one way or another...as well as HIS SON.

by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2020 2:20 PM

January 12th, r50....seems forever ago, doesn't it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2020 4:11 PM

That’s it R54! Good find. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2020 5:00 PM

R48, there are several old Supreme Court cases involving men who refused to accept pardons because they did not want to make the implicit admission of guilt and waive their Fifth Amendment rights. So, yes, you have to “accept” the pardon.

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2020 8:44 PM

Speaking of treason.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2020 8:53 PM

R57...stop posting that right wing bullshit. Seriously. None of it is true, and the lame attempts by members of the GOP to garner favor with Trump will ultimately seal their fate.

by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2020 8:58 PM

R58 I'm just warning you all what Trump and the reich have up their sleeves now. Steve Bannon is back on board, pushing right wing legislatures in states Biden won to disregard the results and send their own electors. It's seditious and treasonous, but when has that ever stopped them before?

by Anonymousreply 59November 28, 2020 2:49 AM

STOP. JUST STOP.

by Anonymousreply 60November 28, 2020 2:56 AM

It won’t work. Biden will be president.

R44 I believe we will get confirmation of treasonous activities by this out going, disgraced administration.

by Anonymousreply 61November 28, 2020 3:07 AM

No Republican state legislature is going to disenfranchise millions of voters just to please Trump. That was wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 62November 28, 2020 11:04 AM

Right R59. State legislatures are going to align themselves with noted POS Steve Bannon. Thanks for the “warning”, but not in your wildest pantless fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 63November 28, 2020 11:10 AM

PA Senate leader Jake Corman is a Centre County native (that blue central PA county in a field of red), and while a notable POS in his own way, I don’t see him committing political suicide via disenfranchising his neighbors and millions of others in this state. I still believe he has his eye on the Toomey’s upcoming US Senate vacancy, and we know what Toomey has had to say about this election.

PA Is a weird goddamm state, but most of these politicians will not take such drastic measures against their own self interest.

by Anonymousreply 64November 28, 2020 11:25 AM

Glenn Kirschner:

Trump-Appointed Federal Appeals Court Judge Rejects Trump/Giuliani's Attack on PA Elections Results

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 28, 2020 5:35 PM

Rep. Schiff on MSNBC: Trump Cannot Pardon Himself, “No One is a Judge of Their Own Case”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 28, 2020 6:13 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Comparing Trump's Pardon of Flynn with Ford's Pardon of Nixon Shows Not All Pardons Created Equal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 28, 2020 9:30 PM

Mitch McConnell Started Working On Filling Ginsburg's Seat Minutes After She Died

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 29, 2020 4:13 PM

McConnel started working on filling Ginsburg's seat the day Trump won the election in 2016...

by Anonymousreply 69November 29, 2020 4:15 PM

Because I watched [italic]Valley Girl[/italic] on Amazon Prime yesterday:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 29, 2020 7:29 PM

You really oughta be ashamed of yourself, not bragging about it.

by Anonymousreply 71November 29, 2020 7:31 PM

Not even slightly, r71. Nicolas Cage was at his hottest then, and it has a good soundtrack. I wish the production values had been higher, but I still like to watch it once in a while. Skip was very hot then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 29, 2020 8:05 PM

Wait I love Valley Girl but why did you post on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 73November 30, 2020 12:33 AM

The title is Everyday Treasoning: I Melt With You, I heard that song yesterday when I watched [italic]Valley Girl[/italic], so I posted a video. It's a great song, after all.

by Anonymousreply 74November 30, 2020 12:40 AM

Whispers III

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2020 3:42 PM

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2020 4:25 PM

DOJ investigating bribery for pardon scheme. Right now it’s redacted. Is it Giuliani? My bet is Rod Blagojevich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2020 10:51 PM

Flynn

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2020 11:13 PM

Rudy Giuliani (lawyer)...Dimitry Firtash (client)...Donald Trump (WH contact)

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2020 11:35 PM

Speculation is it's someone whose name is 4 or 4 letters long and ends in "s," because the redactions failed to omit the apostrophe. So Rick Gates?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2020 11:38 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2020 11:39 PM

Wow, r80, people can sleuth anything today.

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2020 11:40 PM

"Mitch McConnell Started Working On Filling Ginsburg's Seat Minutes After She Died"

Oh honey, it was long before that.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2020 11:42 PM

[quote] Speculation is it's someone whose name is 4 or 4 letters long and ends in "s," because the redactions failed to omit the apostrophe. So Rick Gates?

I’d rather it was Nunes.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2020 11:47 PM

Gates doesnt have any money

by Anonymousreply 85December 2, 2020 12:02 AM

[quote] Still wearing that hat- which is almost a joke now.

Now?

by Anonymousreply 86December 2, 2020 12:30 AM

Had the misfortune of seeing Hannity just now. He's ranting like a loon about the Drumpf-Russian Collusion HOAX and how Democrats orchestrated that HOAX and now they want to tell Republicans they have to unite... and that in acting high and mighty and telling Republicans they have to Unite they prove once again that Democrats are nothing but HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!

They really do project don't they?

He then went on and on about how MI has VERIFIED and COUNTLESS stories of ELECTION FRAUD!!! Nevermind that fat fuck Barr even said there was no there there.... He had a "witness," tell a tale that they saw all the military ballots come in and they were mysteriously ALL for Biden and that ABSOLUTELY NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE MILITARY BALLOTS CAME FROM A REGISTERED VOTER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 87December 2, 2020 1:20 AM

Sounds like he could use some Nervine, r87.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote]He's ranting like a loon about the Drumpf-Russian Collusion HOAX and how Democrats orchestrated that HOAX

Yeah, Sean, that's why they're all looking for pardons now because they're all so "innocent."

by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2020 3:11 AM

Ha, struck a nerve.

by Anonymousreply 90December 2, 2020 4:51 AM

Ron Johnson: Yes, Biden one, but it would be political suicide to admit it. Also, Trump is an asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 2, 2020 3:48 PM

^ Biden *won* (ugh)

by Anonymousreply 92December 2, 2020 3:51 PM

Ron Johnson is a complete moron..I hate him so much

by Anonymousreply 93December 2, 2020 4:36 PM

The people who go to Dump's rallies do not love America, they love Dump. They are a poisonous fan club that got tragically out of hand.

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2020 4:56 PM

Trump just gave a 45 min rant on FB. He is verifiably crazy! Is there nothing that can be done?

by Anonymousreply 95December 2, 2020 10:31 PM

Summary of his lying speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 2, 2020 10:39 PM

Mitch McConnell Actually Cried Today. Lawrence Was Not Moved | The Last Word | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 3, 2020 5:02 PM

Tense exchange between Mnuchin and Porter over relief funds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 3, 2020 5:18 PM

If they were alleging fraud in districts that traditionally vote Republican and were polling overwhelmingly for Trump, that had inexplicably flipped for Biden, then they'd have a leg to stand on. Instead they're just trying to invalidate votes for Biden on the grounds that people who vote for Biden are mean and stupid and shouldn't be allowed to vote.

by Anonymousreply 99December 3, 2020 6:12 PM

Katie is up for CA Senate to replace Kamala. Send her some love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 3, 2020 6:14 PM

The White House liaison to the DoJ has been banned from its building. I did not make that up.

[bold]Trump aide banned from Justice after trying to get case info[/bold]

WASHINGTON (AP) — The official serving as President Donald Trump’s eyes and ears at the Justice Department has been banned from the building after trying to pressure staffers to give up sensitive information about election fraud and other matters she could relay to the White House, three people familiar with the matter tell The Associated Press.

Heidi Stirrup, an ally of top Trump adviser Stephen Miller, was quietly installed at the Justice Department as a White House liaison a few months ago. She was told within the last two weeks to vacate the building after top Justice officials learned of her efforts to collect insider information about ongoing cases and the department’s work on election fraud, the people said.

Stirrup is accused of approaching staffers in the department demanding they give her information about investigations, including election fraud matters, the people said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

. . .

Stirrup had also extended job offers to political allies for positions at some of the highest levels of the Justice Department without consulting any senior department officials or the White House counsel’s office and also attempted to interfere in the hiring process for career staffers, a violation of the government’s human resources policies, one of the people said.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 3, 2020 7:49 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Trump Pardons Flynn, Barr Moves for Dismissal of Flynn's Case. Ball is Now in Judge Sullivan's Court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 4, 2020 12:23 AM

Lindsey Graham Says Senate Will NOT Confirm Any Biden AG Nominee Who Will Investigate Trump's Crimes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 8, 2020 2:20 AM

No crazy there, absolutely not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 8, 2020 2:26 AM

R103 well Joe can pull one right of their playbook and appoint someone as, "Acting AG.," right?

by Anonymousreply 105December 8, 2020 3:40 AM

R105, yes. Biden could REVOKE Sally Yates dismissal and REINSTATE her administratively now that HE is the Democratic Unitary Executive with all the powers given by Barr. She has already been Senate approved.

Sally needs to rehire every IG fired by Trump, restart every investigation killed by Barr and investigate Republican corruption in the Senate.

Lady G can squeal all she wants but, their rules.

by Anonymousreply 106December 8, 2020 7:17 AM

You know they hate when their own stupid "rules" are used against them, r106.

THEY are the only ones permitted to lie, cheat, make new rules and do whatever they want to retain power. Nobody else

by Anonymousreply 107December 8, 2020 6:19 PM

Latest news is that soon to be ex-Senator Doug Jones is the likely candidate for AG.

by Anonymousreply 108December 8, 2020 7:12 PM

For those more familiar with Doug Jones, would that be good or bad? In other words, do you think he'd actually go after Trump and his criminal cabal or would he be one of those "let's move on and heal" types? Nothing against him but I want the former, not the latter.

by Anonymousreply 109December 8, 2020 7:19 PM

Jones prosecuted two men who were guilty of the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in 1963, got them convicted and sentenced to life in prison. Both died there. So he is an experienced prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 110December 8, 2020 7:28 PM

R109, he strikes me as the kind of guy who would “ look forward.”

Biden needs to realize that if they do nothing about the crimes committed by this gang of goons, voters will give up and 2022 will be a blood bath.

by Anonymousreply 111December 8, 2020 7:40 PM

Pence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 9, 2020 1:38 AM

R109 and others. It's very tricky for Biden. Keep in mind, it's the senate who approves Biden's selection. A Senate that will more than likely have a Republican majority. These assholes aren't gonna want Biden's AG to go after Trump, (as it means also going after them and their complicity), so every single Republican MotherFucker will be asking Biden's candidate about it, and ready to vote "no" at the slightest hint. Think of Kamala Harris's brilliant, incisive grilling of Jeff Sessions, but sort of in reverse. So Biden can't appoint someone who appears too gung-ho. Highly qualified people like Doug Jones and Sally Yates might be ruled out as Biden needs to choose someone who'll be approved by hypocritical Repugs.

However, it might end up being Merrick Garland.

by Anonymousreply 113December 9, 2020 7:05 AM

[quote]Think of Kamala Harris's brilliant, incisive grilling of Jeff Sessions, but sort of in reverse.

And minus the brilliance and incisiveness, of course.

by Anonymousreply 114December 9, 2020 8:46 AM

"Think of Kamala Harris's brilliant, incisive grilling of Jeff Sessions"

Totally agree R113. I would add "Jabba the Bill" Barr to her list of brilliant and incisive grilling performances. R114, I would love to hear your opinion of a sitting Senator who does a better job than Kamala?? Should be interesting..

by Anonymousreply 115December 9, 2020 8:52 AM

R114 here.

I was in now way denigrating Vice-President Elect Harris' brilliant and incisive grilling of Sessions of Barr.

I was merely pointing out that the republican't grilling of any of Biden's appointees will be neither "brilliant" nor "incisive".

by Anonymousreply 116December 9, 2020 8:56 AM

My apologies R114/R116! Sorry, I have PTSD from batting away all of the trolls on DL during this never ending election cycle.

by Anonymousreply 117December 9, 2020 9:07 AM

Steve Schmidt: We Are ‘One Election Away… From Losing Our Democracy’ | Deadline | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 10, 2020 12:07 AM

Like r106 says, revoke Yates' dismissal and reinstate her. The rethugs can eat shit and die twice.

Biden needs to play hardball with these pricks. Let Kamala kick them in the cunt bone. You know she's just waiting for her opportunity to make those bitches bleed.

by Anonymousreply 119December 10, 2020 1:56 AM

Is Giuliani dead yet?

That's all I want, he needs to freaking die of Covid...to start the healing!

by Anonymousreply 120December 10, 2020 3:24 AM

R120, CNN had an online story about him being released from the hospital.

Dammit.

by Anonymousreply 121December 10, 2020 3:27 AM

[quote]Biden needs to play hardball with these pricks. Let Kamala kick them in the cunt bone. You know she's just waiting for her opportunity to make those bitches bleed.

Don't know if it was this thread or another one but I want to make sure everyone here has seen this article about how Harris, as president of the Senate, can pretty much pick the person who will run the legislative agenda in the Senate. She can castrate McConnell right off the bat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 10, 2020 3:30 AM

I have a hard time believing that R122. I’ve always heard the President of the Senate truly has no role except to break 50-50 ties.

by Anonymousreply 123December 10, 2020 3:34 AM

Did you read the article, R123?

by Anonymousreply 124December 10, 2020 3:48 AM

Yes R124. The source doesn’t give me confidence in its validity. Hell, if it were true Biden, as President of the Senate, could AND should have forced a vote on Merrick Garland.

by Anonymousreply 125December 10, 2020 3:55 AM

Lindsay Graham has to reach up to touch bottom. Check out what this piece of shit is doing now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 10, 2020 7:54 AM

R125, does Biden strike you as someone who would have done that? And, it's either in the Constitution or it's not. Harris is in charge and she does have the ability to do this according to the Constitution. McConnell has broken every rule/tradition/etc. of the Senate for years now. He needs a taste of his own poison.

by Anonymousreply 127December 10, 2020 10:55 AM

Could it pretty-please be more than a "taste" r127?

by Anonymousreply 128December 10, 2020 11:14 AM

I’ve already started ignoring republicans esp the soon to be ex-Prez Nutjob. Irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 129December 10, 2020 11:47 AM

Why Is Lindsey Graham Saying Biden's AG Must Not Investigate Trump? Here is One Big Clue . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 10, 2020 7:28 PM

Pennsylvania AG's Brief Crushes Texas AG's Supreme Court Suit. Here's why Trump will Lose ... Again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 11, 2020 12:24 AM

I'll save everyone from clicking the YouTube link in r131, the case has no merit and Texas, et al have no standing.

by Anonymousreply 132December 11, 2020 1:11 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 11, 2020 6:53 PM

Were Harris to do what the article at R122 suggests, all Hell would break loose.

Imagine, for example, that Mitch retains the two seats in GA (shudder) giving him a 52/48 majority. But Harris instead gives Schumer control of the floor.

[bold] Every ]/bold] Republican would cry foul.

Schumer would still need 50 votes to get anything passed. He could bring up every Biden-favored piece of legislation imaginable, but he’d still need at least two Republicans to cross over.

Even the “moderates” would be so pissed at Harris’ maneuver, depriving them of a governing majority, that I doubt he’d even get One Republican Vote.

by Anonymousreply 134December 11, 2020 9:34 PM

TEXAS CASE HAS BEEN REJECTED BY THE SUPREME COURT!!

by Anonymousreply 135December 11, 2020 10:37 PM

Hahaha! This is just the latest 3D chess move made by Trump and his very high IQ team. This will force JFK Jr. out of the shadows to argue the merits of the case. Once that happens, then the media will FINALLY admit that Joe and Kamala are wearing ankle bracelets and Time Magazine will have to rescind their Person Of The Year announcement. Endgame, libs!!!!

by Anonymousreply 136December 11, 2020 10:51 PM

Trump is out of legal options.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 11, 2020 10:58 PM

Hopefully this works...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 13, 2020 1:29 AM

Trump Lashes Out at Bill Barr for Disloyalty. Does Barr Already Have his "Pocket Pardon"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 13, 2020 3:59 PM

NY State AG James & DA Vance Moving Toward Possible Trump Charges. But US AG Must Tackle Fed Charges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 14, 2020 12:08 AM

So Barr is leaving sometime next week. Why? What are they up to now?

by Anonymousreply 141December 14, 2020 10:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 14, 2020 10:09 PM

Happy Holidays!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 15, 2020 7:00 PM

Hee hee . . . you go Tish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 15, 2020 8:54 PM

Bill Barr Resigns, Signaling DOJ's Return to the Rule of Law. Here's a List of Barr's Greatest Hits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 16, 2020 5:32 PM

Trump NSA Cuts Short Official Europe Trip With Wife After Russian Hack Discovered | Rachel Maddow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146December 16, 2020 10:38 PM

Maddow On Pardons And Trump's Final Days Echoing Nixon's | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 17, 2020 2:33 AM

From Herd Immunity to Criminal Liability for Trump & Pence for Avoidable Coronavirus Deaths

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 18, 2020 2:13 AM

Trump Responds to Russia Cyberattack on US by... Cancelling Defense Depart Meetings w/Biden Team?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 19, 2020 5:42 PM

The former top intelligence official at DHS has reported to Congress as part of a whistleblower complaint that he was pressured by the Trump Admin to overstate illegal border crossings from Mexico and overplay the role of far left groups in violence during anti-government protests last summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150December 19, 2020 5:46 PM

What?!?! Are you saying Antifa *isn't* going to break into my house in the middle of the night, rape me and steal my TV? That just doesn’t sound realistic.

by Anonymousreply 151December 19, 2020 6:14 PM

Trump Elite Strike Force Freudian typo of the week: attorney Lin Wood filed yet another election lawsuit in Georgia yesterday and signed his name with this statement -

[quote]Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §1746, I declare and verify under PLENTY of perjury that the facts contained in the foregoing Verified Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief are true and correct.

Instead of PENALTY of purjury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 19, 2020 6:33 PM

Oh, that's good, r152...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 19, 2020 7:41 PM

R152 time and time again they always show they cant help themselves from revealing themselves.

by Anonymousreply 154December 19, 2020 8:27 PM

John Brennan: ‘There Should Be No Holiday Break’ At The Pentagon | Deadline | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 19, 2020 11:33 PM

Why a Trump Self-Pardon MUST be challenged & Why Trump is Now Calling Pompeo the "Fake News Media"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 19, 2020 11:48 PM

Remember when Trump and Pompeo (when at the CIA) hosted the Russians in 2018 ?

U.S. intelligence officials met with Sergey Naryshkin, the head of Russia’s foreign intelligence agency, known as the SVR

THEY INVITED THEM INTO OUR HOUSE THOUGH HE WAS BARRED FROM ENTERING THE USA

by Anonymousreply 157December 20, 2020 3:31 AM

^^Is this what you're talking about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 20, 2020 4:23 AM

That was 2017 r150...thats Kislyak, the Russian Ambassador. No this was different...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 20, 2020 4:30 AM

^^^r158, not r150 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 160December 20, 2020 4:31 AM

Oval Office Meeting w/ Sidney "Kraken" Powell, Mike "Martial Law" Flynn & "Dangerous" Donald Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 21, 2020 12:52 AM

What shadiness is this pray tell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162December 22, 2020 9:26 PM

So in today's news, Orange pardons more traitors and AOC says Pelosi and Schumer need to go.

by Anonymousreply 163December 23, 2020 12:51 AM

I think handing out pardons is a great way for Ol' Yeti Pubes to run out the remainder of his presidency. Most of them can probably be challenged in court and it'll keep him away from the nuclear football.

by Anonymousreply 164December 23, 2020 12:58 AM

WTF was with Orange saying the next Administration MIGHT BE HIS?

by Anonymousreply 165December 23, 2020 1:17 AM

And Orange pardons Kush's Daddy as well as Manafort.... because of course he did.

by Anonymousreply 166December 23, 2020 11:53 PM

Federal Prosecutors Consider Search Warrants for Giuliani's Emails. Barr Soon Won't Be Able To Help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 24, 2020 12:50 AM

Donald Trump's Pardon Palooza - What Message Is Trump Sending With His Many Pardons?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168December 24, 2020 1:39 AM

From Thursday...

Why Stone, Manafort, Flynn Could Be Given Grand Jury Subpoenas In Future | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 26, 2020 6:38 PM

More Treason because all they do is Treason. People need to remember this when he runs in 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 30, 2020 6:43 PM

Trump's Pardons Might Have Made His Legal Problems So Much Worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 30, 2020 10:21 PM

Why is he flying back early from Mar-a-Lago?

by Anonymousreply 172December 31, 2020 4:24 AM

He has A LOT of pardons to take care of before he resigns so Pence can pardon him

by Anonymousreply 173December 31, 2020 4:28 AM

R172, he’s still trying to overthrow the government.

by Anonymousreply 174December 31, 2020 5:49 PM

Reptiles are insulted to know trump looks like one of them.

But he's not. He's just an extremely poor quality human being with far less dignity than your average reptile.

by Anonymousreply 175December 31, 2020 7:01 PM

Biden: "Trump Blocking Transition; Hollowed Out Agencies." Time for Fireside Transparency Chats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 31, 2020 9:15 PM

A little while ago Jim Acosta at CNN put it perfectly about Trump losing the election - "He sounds like he just can't get over this."

by Anonymousreply 177December 31, 2020 9:22 PM

I think that's more of an under-understatement, r177.

by Anonymousreply 178December 31, 2020 9:45 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And the blobs niece, Mary Trump (love her), said basically the same thing. I’ve heard her say that “Donald”, as she calls him, will never get over this loss, because loss in the Trump family is equivalent to a death sentence.

Good. Fuck him. Let him stew and experience psychotic episodes over his deserved loss.

by Anonymousreply 179December 31, 2020 10:17 PM

Were getting close folks...Trump is at the White House instead of Mar A Lago...Pence cancelled his trip next week...expect, any day now and maybe even tonight, a flood of mass pardons followed by a resignation...followed almost immediately by a pardon. He has no other way out...at least not alive.

by Anonymousreply 180December 31, 2020 10:27 PM

What if he hands the presidency over to Pence and Pence pulls a "gotcha" and refuses to pardon his orange ass.

What happens then?

by Anonymousreply 181January 1, 2021 5:47 AM

r181, have you ever seen a heron eat a recently molted soft shelled crab?

by Anonymousreply 182January 1, 2021 8:55 AM

That's quite the metaphor, r182. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 183January 1, 2021 9:03 AM

Another WW for R182!

by Anonymousreply 184January 1, 2021 9:06 AM

Senate votes to override Trump's veto on defense bill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185January 1, 2021 9:10 PM

Nancy Pelosi's SF house vandalized by fake antifa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 1, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote]Patriot, statesman & diplomat, John Jay’s foray into counterintelligence began in 1776, when he headed a NY State executive body called the Committee for Detecting and Defeating Conspiracies -- the nation’s first dedicated counterintelligence agency. - NCSC

I think we need to bring back this committee. Maybe we could rename it the Committee for Detecting and Defeating Conspiracy Theories., but we need it now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 1, 2021 10:11 PM

That'll be Orange's excuse to Resign. That now even the Republicans aren't doing their jobs to protect the Citizens the way Orange is trying to do! He will say he's resigning because he will not lead a group of traitorous people!

by Anonymousreply 188January 1, 2021 10:12 PM

So is Barr gone now? Who took his place?

by Anonymousreply 189January 2, 2021 9:02 AM

Rosen

by Anonymousreply 190January 2, 2021 1:28 PM

Republican House and Senate Members Will Object to Democracy/Biden's Electoral College Win

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 2, 2021 10:39 PM

I'm so sick of the news reporting this without saying that it is an insane ploy to undermine democracy. Even though it won't go anywhere, they are complicit (as they've been since the fairness doctrine went away and corporations took over news divisions) in this.

by Anonymousreply 192January 3, 2021 12:07 AM

R192, Trump called the media "the enemies of the people," and they replied, "Yes, Sir. May we have another?"

by Anonymousreply 193January 3, 2021 12:17 AM

Question from the Election thread: When did FCI last post?

by Anonymousreply 194January 3, 2021 1:36 AM

R194, I think he last posted in November. My read on FCI--and this is just a guess--is that he was originally a mainstream Republican. All of his gossip came from the Republican side: the horrible internal polling, the potential for Nikki Haley to replace Pence, all that sort of thing. As a result, he may not have any ties to the incoming administration. Obviously, he did not seem connected to the sedition wing (Cruz, Johnson, Graham, etc) of the Republican party, either. Again, it's all just a guess, but, if so, it might explain why he's gone silent.

by Anonymousreply 195January 3, 2021 4:17 AM

^^either that, or he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 196January 3, 2021 6:41 AM

R195 You’re off the mark there by a lot.

You’re correct I don’t have many connections on the Senate side. I do have a very good connection in the new administration. I’ve said this in the past. I will not and cannot give away information she gives me without her consent. They will not be a leaky vessel like the current administration.

I’ve been posting it’s just I don’t always sign my posts.

You all have a Happy New Year! I’m exhausted by the last 5 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 197January 3, 2021 6:43 AM

Glad to see you back, FCI.

What is the GOP "endgame" between now and Biden's swearing in?

by Anonymousreply 198January 3, 2021 11:53 AM

R198 Flailing and hoping sticks. They know it’s all futile but they created a monster and must feed it.

by Anonymousreply 199January 3, 2021 11:43 PM

FCI, what will the reaction be to today's news on the Hill?

by Anonymousreply 200January 3, 2021 11:44 PM

Its DISGUSTING. Not one Congressional Leader has called for them to be removed and referred for prosecution for aiding and abetting Donald Trump through attempted Insurrection and Sedition. By ignoring this behavior it is condoning it for the future. We failed to nip it in the bud and now we have a national problem. They cannot and must not be allowed to hide behind their titles or claim free speech. This is a betrayal of their oaths of office to uphold the Constitution and defend Democracy. This is a betrayal to the United States of America. They are Traitors and need to be treated as such. Both parties are betraying us in these desperate times.

by Anonymousreply 201January 4, 2021 12:07 AM

R200 Typical I’m sure. I’ve had no news recently. I’ll reach out to see if this gets the traction it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 202January 4, 2021 4:06 AM

Sure, R201. Both parties, completely equal. Uh huh. Can you fuckers be either more subtle with the trolling already. It's getting really boring.

by Anonymousreply 203January 4, 2021 6:23 AM

WW R203. I've fucking had it up to top of my spikey hair with bothsiderism. Never, ever again will I stand for that. Not after the lying, cheating, utter disregard for American citizens, sedition, TREASON and KILLING that the GOP has committed as a group of vile thugs over the last 4 years. My tolerance for working across the isle is pretty much a bone dry well these days. I'm done. I have no patience for petty shit from these bottom-feeding fucks EVER AGAIN. Stomp them out as a party, make DC a state, pack the SCOTUS, find a way to crush the electoral college. I want them powerless and OVER.

by Anonymousreply 204January 4, 2021 10:04 AM

R203 R104....It has nothing to do with bothsiderism. You may be happy with our elected officials...of both parties ...allowing Sedition on the floors of Congress, but I for one am not. If you think for one second that there is nothing that can be done by Democrats until Trump is out of office, then you need to pay attention harder. This is not about all the shit the Republicans have done...its about all the things the Democrats HAVE NOT DONE. We do not need comments to reporters and on twitter expressing their shock and disappointment...WE NEED ACTION. In case you havent noticed, the Democrats have allowed and tolerated this behavior for 4 YEARS, AND WITH THE EXCEPTION OF iMPEACHMENT...this year...THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO NIP THIS IN THE BUD...THEYVE ALLOWED IT TO FESTER AND GROW. Just look at all the Congressional hearings and the shit shows theyve turned into and not a damn thing done bt the Democratic Chairman to silence the traitors, censure them, or remove them. Its all a shell game until someone develops some balls to quash it. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS...especially when Democracy is at stake.

by Anonymousreply 205January 4, 2021 5:15 PM

^^^sorry,^^^ is for r203 r204 ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 206January 4, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote]WITH THE EXCEPTION OF iMPEACHMENT...this year...

Which is a PRETTY FUCKING BIG EXCEPTION.

Fool.

by Anonymousreply 207January 4, 2021 5:21 PM

Really ???? It should have happened 4 years ago. And I might point out that Trumps impeachment was about a phone call that was uncovered a few months before...NOTHING ABOUT ALL OF HIS OTHER CRIMINAL ACTIVITY....KIDS IN CAGES, BRIBERY, ETC....

Dont act all fucking pious because you dont want to face facts that we are in this mess because of the corrupt GOP and the complicit Democrats who allowed it to go unchallenged. Your may think this is ver in a few weeks, but its just getting started. If a moron like Trump can get away with it, imagine what will happen when another Nixon, Cheney or McConnell gets to the White House.

THERE CAN BE NO EFFECTVE GOVERNMENT IF THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILTY.

by Anonymousreply 208January 4, 2021 5:28 PM

EXCEPT, of course, THERE WAS ACCOUNTABILITY. THE FAT FUKCER WAS IMPEACHED.

Fool.

by Anonymousreply 209January 4, 2021 5:33 PM

R209 YOURE AN IDIOT

by Anonymousreply 210January 4, 2021 5:34 PM

Ted Lieu and Kathleen Rice call on the FBI to open an investigation into Orange's phone call.

I love Ted Lieu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211January 4, 2021 5:50 PM

Flipped past Fox News last night and those fuckers are so ridiculous. They were of course defending Orange's phone call and blaming the Democrats for it (because of course they were). They defended his actions by saying Dems were being ridiculous because they very well know Orange speaks Stream of Consciousness.

Yes, that was their justification.

by Anonymousreply 212January 4, 2021 5:53 PM

Where's Judy Ruliani? Why isn't he on my TV screaming craziness? I miss him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 4, 2021 5:54 PM

R211, that's why I love Ted Lieu. He just has no fucks to give.

by Anonymousreply 214January 4, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote]Orange speaks Stream of Consciousness.

Trump is conscious? Go know.

by Anonymousreply 215January 4, 2021 6:54 PM

Speaking of streams and things of that nature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 5, 2021 2:08 AM

A friend of mine told me he's unsure if Orange is just outright crazy or if there's some other tactic like is he working with GA to hammer in that their elections are "safe," so that they can steal the Senate race for Rethugs and claim it wasn't because they've already established it's, "safe."

Of course that goes down a conspiracy theory rabbit hole, but the sad thing is it actually wouldn't surprise me.

People are also saying that there is allegedly some evidence that the plane Melania and Pence uses is scheduled for a flight on 1/19... and people are saying they think Orange and his family are going to run off to Scotland the night before the inauguration.

Again, this is just what people are talking about. I don't believe either of those, "theories," but I think it's just fucked up we are now in a reality where this COULD happen.

by Anonymousreply 217January 5, 2021 7:30 PM

From another thread:

CNN and other center and left media outlets are praising Brad Raffensperger, like he's a profile in courage. It bugs me. I don't trust it, (meaning him). He and Georgia Governor Brian Kemp are about as corrupt as they come. I suspect he handed that tape in so they won't suspect him of anything when Perdue and Loeffler narrowly "win" their Senate races. They wouldn't dare question his credibility now, right?

by Anonymousreply 218January 5, 2021 10:39 PM

I did not ask about internal polls for GA. Lol

by Anonymousreply 219January 5, 2021 11:10 PM

Merrick Garland as AG? Not what I had hoped for.

by Anonymousreply 220January 6, 2021 4:21 PM

I think it's fucking fantastic r220.

by Anonymousreply 221January 6, 2021 5:32 PM

Garland for AG is poetry.

by Anonymousreply 222January 6, 2021 5:34 PM

Any theory that involves strategic thinking on the part of Donald Trump is sure to be totally off base. The man acts reactively and completely on impulse, usually on somebody else's suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 223January 6, 2021 5:41 PM

I saw this somewhere earlier...."McConnells chickens have not only come home to roost...they brought the whole damn farm with them"

by Anonymousreply 224January 6, 2021 11:05 PM

Holy shit! I hope to have some inside scoop today. Needless to say, this scared the shit outta republicans. Sedition. Insurrection. This is a game changer. One friend said they barely made it past a group of terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 225January 6, 2021 11:15 PM

FCI, they'll go back to kissing Trump's ass tomorrow morning.

by Anonymousreply 226January 6, 2021 11:18 PM

Jesus Christ, the NYTimes headline:

"Mob Incited By Trump Storms Capitol"

by Anonymousreply 227January 6, 2021 11:33 PM

Twitter has locked Orange's Twitter account and have threatened to permanently suspend it if he does not remove tweets excusing the violence.

by Anonymousreply 228January 6, 2021 11:33 PM

That mob would have mowed down Cruz, and any other Dump supporter. They did not care.

by Anonymousreply 229January 7, 2021 12:23 AM

Hawley is obviously someone to be terrified of in the future.

by Anonymousreply 230January 7, 2021 3:15 AM

R226 They already have. Dems must hold them accountable. They’ll need some republican support. Look to Romney to lead. I know. Romney lead? He’s apparently had it. (Join the fucking crowd).

I hope to have the blessing to post my friends accounts of today. They said it was crazier and scarier than reported. Lawmakers seriously almost became hostages. Or casualties. I heard the voicemail one left for her husband- the background noises were terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 231January 7, 2021 3:41 AM

Why did Bill Barr resign as Attorney General so suddenly? Hmm. Did he know in advance about today's planned insurrection?

by Anonymousreply 232January 7, 2021 3:52 AM

R232 Of course. They all did.

This, folks, is as bad as you can get. I had some foreign friends I worked with message me and say America looks terrible and in shambles. There is no mistaken they know it’s republicans/right wing nuts.

Hey, still, we won the fucking Senate. Huge! Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 233January 7, 2021 4:21 AM

Adam Kinzinger... he can get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 7, 2021 6:42 AM

There's now a new theory going around now that maybe the 25th has already been invoked and they're not saying anything because it was Pence who called in the National Guard, not Orange. Of course this is being fueled because you haven't heard a Peep from Orange since because his accounts have been "suspended."

The people circulating this think it happened and they're not releasing the information because they don't want to have further violence.

I obviously don't believe this but just thought it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 235January 7, 2021 7:31 AM

FcI, I'm glad your friends made it out ok.

These useless fucking capitol police were in on it and so was the FBI. They knew. They did NOTHING.

The GOP will continue to feed this monster via Reich wing radio and fux/oann. They don't GAF about anything but holding on to power.

No more kumbaya bullshit. Bring the wrath of God down on these traitors. Expel them, strip them of their pensions and healthcare and throw them in the street.

If we do not terminate this fascist bullshit with extreme prejudice, this shit will just get worse and next time congress won't get so lucky.

These fuckers wanted to take hostages and execute them on TV. That's how serious this shit is and the FBI as well as DHS has known about it for weeks and did nothing.

Not a goddamned thing.

by Anonymousreply 236January 7, 2021 7:47 AM

Orange saying there will be a peaceful transfer of power even though he totally disagrees with the results.

by Anonymousreply 237January 7, 2021 8:34 AM

[quote]Adam Kinzinger... he can get it.

Why on earth do you think I'd want "it"?

by Anonymousreply 238January 7, 2021 9:33 AM

Secret Service contacted one of my friends. He had phone footage.

Today will determine if things go back to normal or we hold them accountable.

by Anonymousreply 239January 7, 2021 11:46 AM

I have no hope.

Trump will get away with this just like he does everything else.

by Anonymousreply 240January 7, 2021 11:51 AM

i disagree r240 cuz this time some Repugs were affected

by Anonymousreply 241January 7, 2021 11:58 AM

Romney probably thinks this the white horse prophecy moment.

by Anonymousreply 242January 7, 2021 12:11 PM

Is it, finally, Rafalca's time?

by Anonymousreply 243January 7, 2021 12:19 PM

Oats and and an apple in every stall R243.

by Anonymousreply 244January 7, 2021 12:22 PM

Rafalca's Time is my favorite 11 o'clock number...

by Anonymousreply 245January 7, 2021 12:38 PM

Thanks for making me laugh, ElderLez.

by Anonymousreply 246January 7, 2021 12:38 PM

r235, Pence sure looked liked he had just been made president. Let's face it, everyone's life was truly in jeopardy yesterday. We had a domestic 911 event.

by Anonymousreply 247January 7, 2021 12:49 PM

What would Putin tell him to do? Tell Trump that it worked and to have his cultist attack their own state capital, I imagine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248January 7, 2021 2:37 PM

Elaine Chao resigning.. really NOW? Two weeks before you get kicked out you're going to resign in protest?

Surely Mitch won't be far behind.

by Anonymousreply 249January 7, 2021 6:42 PM

Madame Sin is going to get Mitch indicted.

She left early so no one would notice she is off to visit her Billionaire drug trafficking parents IN CHINA.

by Anonymousreply 250January 7, 2021 6:45 PM

Cabinet members are resigning so they don't have to take part in any 25th Amendment decisions. Cowards.

by Anonymousreply 251January 7, 2021 6:46 PM

Of course he's considering it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252January 7, 2021 7:16 PM

Frankly, they need to challenge all of his pardons.

by Anonymousreply 253January 7, 2021 7:36 PM

Just some more crimes against humanity.

I don't really care, do you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254January 7, 2021 7:45 PM

Former Senator John Danforth: Supporting Josh Hawley "the worst mistake I ever made in my life"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255January 7, 2021 9:05 PM

Next thread title should be Everyday Treasoning: the Final Treason

by Anonymousreply 256January 8, 2021 5:32 AM

I think we may keep going, r256- I don't think the new AG will let it go.

These threads have been a wild ride through future history, and I am glad I fastened my seat belt.

by Anonymousreply 257January 8, 2021 5:50 AM

If Mike Pence can be talked into invoking the 25th Amendment, he could be credited with saving this country from Trump. 13 more days is a lot of time for the man who still has the nuclear codes to do something highly destructive, and you know Trump is plotting something.

What is Mike Pence afraid of? Trump already sent his MAGAts after him. And he survived. He can actually take power over Trump and be considered a hero, instead of the weak, ass-licking, sycophantic and most pathetic VP in US history.

Somebody has to talk him into it. US history.

by Anonymousreply 258January 8, 2021 9:33 AM

He's afraid of the MOB. At least, as a weak, ass-licking, sycophantic pathetic VP, he won't have to worry about Trumptards attacking mother for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 259January 8, 2021 10:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260January 8, 2021 10:22 AM

The mob is already out for Pence (peek at the Parler threads to see he’s enemy number 1) he needs to do the right thing for his legacy and the country, Mother needs to have a word with her man.

by Anonymousreply 261January 8, 2021 11:14 AM

I think you are right R261; Pence is going to have a target on his back for the rest of his life no matter what he does.

by Anonymousreply 262January 8, 2021 11:28 AM

Well one thing "good" about Pence is he's loyal, but as saying goes: If you lie down with the Devil, you will wake up in hell. He had many, many opportunities to leave

by Anonymousreply 263January 8, 2021 11:34 AM

Agree with everything above about Pence being a pusillanimous wimp. Still, I wonder if Mike already has the signed paperwork necessary to initiate the 25th Amendment.

To have legal effect Pence must [italic] deliver [/italic] it to Pelosi and Grassley. Given the rabid base, and Pence being Pence, he likely doesn’t want to do that unless forced.

Nevertheless, knowing that Pence holds the jailer’s keys might be what’s being used to keep tRump on a short leash.

It might also explain why Mike and Donnie have not spoken in the last 36 hours; why Pence’s chief of staff has been barred from the WH; and why Pence is avoiding Pelosi and Schumer’s calls.

by Anonymousreply 264January 8, 2021 12:55 PM

[quote]It might also explain why Mike and Donnie have not spoken in the last 36 hours; why Pence’s chief of staff has been barred from the WH; and why Pence is avoiding Pelosi and Schumer’s calls.

Well that and, you know, Drumpf's Attorney tweeting that Mike should be executed.

That might have had a lot to do with it or something!

by Anonymousreply 265January 8, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote]Let me see if I have the order:

[quote]Trump fortifies security around the White House

[quote]Installs new loyalists in Pentagon

[quote]Schedules rally on the day of the joint session

[quote]Pentagon weakens security around the Capitol

[quote]He tells the mob to swarm the Capitol

[quote]Goes back to the White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266January 8, 2021 7:27 PM

I had forgotten that we were left to wonder why the barricade went up at the White House.

by Anonymousreply 267January 8, 2021 7:49 PM

Trump is in the WH with his cronies working on a self pardon. Heard this on MSNBC earlier.

by Anonymousreply 268January 8, 2021 7:54 PM

Violent Attack On U.S. Capitol A Win In Trump's Eyes As Republican Support Holds | Rachel Maddow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269January 8, 2021 8:35 PM

Did anyone catch an interview where Clyburn said the terrorists got in the building and went to where his office is looking for him? However, per Clyburn, unless you already know where his office is, it's impossible to find. The only place that lists where his office is went untouched. He's essentially saying it was an inside job. Someone gave them a map.

by Anonymousreply 270January 8, 2021 10:02 PM

Twitter finally permanently bans Orangina. They're only 5 years too late.

by Anonymousreply 271January 8, 2021 11:17 PM

And of course Ladybugs is back on FOX peddling Hunter Biden conspiracies and saying that the Russia stuff was fake!

by Anonymousreply 272January 9, 2021 1:36 AM

r266-Squeeze in- Biden's team blocked from security briefings.

by Anonymousreply 273January 9, 2021 4:49 PM

Lawrence: “We Learned Nothing New About Donald Trump This Week” | The Last Word | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274January 9, 2021 5:35 PM

Donald Trump's Potential Criminal Liability for Inciting a Riot on January 6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275January 9, 2021 5:47 PM

Keilar: After everything, Ted Cruz has the gall to say this ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 9, 2021 6:06 PM

Why are these threads dead?

by Anonymousreply 277January 9, 2021 8:22 PM

FCI did you hear any tea from your source?

by Anonymousreply 278January 9, 2021 8:26 PM

R277, I think replies are just spread across a lot of threads right now. Also, DL has been acting wonky.

by Anonymousreply 279January 9, 2021 9:46 PM

R279, you’re right. There are so many political threads that I’m trying to catch up on.

by Anonymousreply 280January 9, 2021 10:16 PM

R278 Yes and more. I am currently cooperating with law enforcement about a matter I was told about so I don’t know what all I can share. A friend shared something on Twitter and was contacted by law enforcement.

What has come out some and what will come out is how close staff and representatives were almost face to face with this well armed, trained domestic terror group. What I shared previously here is how it appeared some Capitol police had an arrangement that people would not get hurt but they were free to storm offices and chambers of Congress. 3 people I know saw the terrorists as they were fleeing.

Was it just Capitol police who let terrorists know where the heavily fortified and very hard to find Speaker’s office (among others) was? Or was it someone in Congress? hmmmm I will let you wonder what my friends think about the latter. Remember, I cannot share some things (hint hint).

I am beside myself in anger with all of you. DL has done such a great job providing updates on this event. Thank you all.

PS- Fuck Mueller. He let us down.

by Anonymousreply 281January 9, 2021 10:35 PM

FCI, Lauren Boebert was directing them, right? I believe someone on Twitter has already posted the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 282January 9, 2021 10:38 PM

R282 Hmmmm was she the only one?

by Anonymousreply 283January 9, 2021 10:40 PM

No, FCI, she was not. Fat Donnie gave the fucking terrorists maps (which is why the little boy leader was called to visit the WH).

Also, some of the capitol police were giving the terrorists directions ( you can see them on video).

And Mo Brooks.

All of them need to be drawn, quartered and their heads on pikes at BLM plaza.

by Anonymousreply 284January 9, 2021 11:13 PM

They just said on NBC News that Trump, Don Jr., Giuliani, etc. will not face charges of insurrection for riling up the crowd before the riot. I'm assuming this is only because this is still Dump's Justice Department and not a final deal, right? In other words, once Biden is sworn in, his Justice Department could then decide to bring charges, correct? It galls me to think they will not face any legal consequences for this.

by Anonymousreply 285January 9, 2021 11:21 PM

R285 possible deal?

by Anonymousreply 286January 9, 2021 11:31 PM

R295, that statement, R285, is from the current DOJ. Once Biden's is in, they can bring on the charges.

by Anonymousreply 287January 9, 2021 11:38 PM

Apple Removes Parler From App Store Over Users' "Threats of Violence and Illegal Activity":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 10, 2021 12:26 AM

Calling all MAGAts! Need an experienced White House Pardon Attorney? Send your name, address and details of any crime(s) you committed now for a FREE Presidential Pardon!

@WHPardonAttny on Parler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 10, 2021 1:28 AM

I think Tuberville was involved

by Anonymousreply 290January 10, 2021 2:12 AM

Saw that posted on Twitter. Funny thing is you know so many are such morons they've already filled it out.

by Anonymousreply 291January 10, 2021 2:19 AM

Biden Getting New Secret Service Over Trump Loyalty Fears

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 10, 2021 2:21 AM

R292 I'd think Trump's Secret Service team would be ready to leave him on the freeway at this point.

by Anonymousreply 293January 10, 2021 2:24 AM

r289 -

Best,

Rosalind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 10, 2021 2:25 AM

Lincoln Project’s Rick Wilson: Trump’s Life About to Become "A Burning Hell" | Amanpour and Company

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295January 10, 2021 6:11 PM

Arnold just brought tears to my eyes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296January 11, 2021 1:55 AM

BOOM! U.S. TREASURY SANCTION RUSSIAN INTELLIGENCE OPERATIVES BEHIND DISINFORMATION ATTACK AGAINST JOE BIDEN IN 2020 ELECTION; GIULIANI, SEN. JOHNSON, SEN. GRASSLEY IMPLICATED

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 11, 2021 10:54 PM

Grassley!

by Anonymousreply 298January 11, 2021 10:59 PM

The Treasury link says nothing about Grassley, Johnson or Ghouliani.

by Anonymousreply 299January 11, 2021 11:23 PM

Clint Watts Calls This The ‘Most Stressful Time For The FBI Since 9/11’ | Deadline | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300January 12, 2021 12:26 AM

Why Arrest Warrants Should Issue for Trump, Don Jr., Rudy & Others for the Jan. 6 US Capitol Riot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301January 12, 2021 5:00 PM

Election Official Accuses Giuliani Of Submitting Fraudulent Evidence During Hearing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 12, 2021 10:34 PM

Pence rules out 25th. Says we need to focus on "transition" instead.

by Anonymousreply 303January 13, 2021 12:19 AM

True to McTurtle Fashion, he rejects an emergency session for Impeachment trial.

And R256 thought that the treasons would stop after the 20th. Cute!

by Anonymousreply 304January 13, 2021 5:37 PM

Dotard becomes first person in his position to be impeached twice.

You know he's gloating over it!

by Anonymousreply 305January 13, 2021 8:25 PM

McConnell Supports Impeachment of Donald Trump, For All The Wrong Reasons. What's Next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306January 13, 2021 11:18 PM

Phil Rucker’s latest...lots of inside gossip. All of it the usual mix of horror and schadenfreude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307January 14, 2021 2:25 AM

When Donald Trump on Wednesday became the first president ever impeached twice, he did so as a leader increasingly isolated, sullen and vengeful.

With less than seven days remaining in his presidency, Trump’s inner circle is shrinking, offices in his White House are emptying, and the president is lashing out at some of those who remain. He is angry that his allies have not mounted a more forceful defense of his incitement of the mob that stormed the Capitol last week, advisers and associates said.

Though Trump has been exceptionally furious with Vice President Pence, his relationship with lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, one of his most steadfast defenders, is also fracturing, according to people with knowledge of the dynamics between the men.

Trump has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani’s legal fees, two officials said, and has demanded that he personally approve any reimbursements for the expenses Giuliani incurred while traveling on the president’s behalf to challenge election results in key states. They said Trump has privately expressed concern with some of Giuliani’s moves and did not appreciate a demand from Giuliani for $20,000 a day in fees for his work attempting to overturn the election.

by Anonymousreply 308January 14, 2021 2:26 AM

As he watched impeachment quickly gain steam, Trump was upset generally that virtually nobody is defending him — including press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, economic adviser Larry Kudlow, national security adviser Robert C. O’Brien and Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, according to a senior administration official.

“The president is pretty wound up,” said the senior administration official, who, like some others interviewed, spoke on the condition of anonymity to be candid. “No one is out there.”

One of Trump’s few confidants these days is Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), who broke with the president last week over attempts to overturn the election only to be welcomed back in the president’s good graces a couple of days later. Graham traveled to Texas on Tuesday in what was Trump’s last scheduled presidential trip, spending hours with Trump aboard Air Force One talking about impeachment and planning how Trump should spend his final days in office.

by Anonymousreply 309January 14, 2021 2:27 AM

“The president has come to grips with it’s over,” Graham said, referring to the election. “That’s tough. He thinks he was cheated, but nothing’s going to change that.”

The president as pariah: Trump faces a torrent of retribution for his role in the Capitol siege Trump asked Graham to lobby fellow senators to acquit him in his eventual impeachment trial, which Graham did from Air Force One as he worked through a list of colleagues to phone. A few senators called Trump aboard the presidential aircraft on Tuesday to notify him of their intent to acquit. During the flight home, Graham said, he tried to calm Trump after Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), the No. 3 House GOP leader, announced she would vote to impeach.

“I just told him, ‘Listen, Mr. President, there are some people out there who were upset before and are upset now, but I assure you, most Republicans believe impeachment is bad for the country and not necessary and it would do damage to the institution of the presidency itself,” Graham recalled. He said he told Trump, “The people who are calling on impeachment are not representative of the [Republican] conferences.”

Trump told reporters Tuesday that the drive toward impeachment was causing “tremendous anger” and posed a “tremendous danger to our country.”

by Anonymousreply 310January 14, 2021 2:29 AM

Although he has shown flashes of anger over his impeachment — and is livid with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) for leaving open the possibility that he might vote to convict — Trump privately has told advisers that he does not believe he will be removed from office before his term expires Jan. 20, according to people familiar with the conversations.

Many of the president’s advisers and outside associates share that mind-set. As one put it, “Whoop-de-do.”

McConnell effectively guaranteed that outcome Wednesday, releasing a schedule after the House impeachment vote that would push a trial until after President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.

Trump has been more concerned with other actions that could have serious consequences for his post-presidential life, according to people familiar with the president’s concerns. The developments include Twitter and other social media companies suspending his accounts, the PGA of America canceling a golf tournament at one of his properties, and Deutsche Bank announcing it would no longer finance his developments.

Trump carried on with various activities Wednesday. As the House debated his impeachment, Trump issued a statement calling on his supporters to stand down.

“In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind,” the statement said. “That is not what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You.”

Minutes after the House voted to impeach him for a second time, Trump held a private ceremony in the Oval Office to award the National Medal of Arts to country singer Toby Keith, a senior administration official said.

The White House released a video Wednesday evening featuring Trump seated behind the Resolute desk in the Oval Office pleading with supporters not to engage in further violence. “Violence and vandalism have absolutely no place in our country and no place in our movement,” he said.

by Anonymousreply 311January 14, 2021 2:31 AM

The gist of the WaPo. I’m happy to post more if it’s pay-walled.

I especially enjoyed the parts about Rudy probably not getting paid and Hope Hicks being MIA.

by Anonymousreply 312January 14, 2021 2:33 AM

Thans, R312.

by Anonymousreply 313January 14, 2021 2:42 AM

Why Remove Trump Now? A Guide to Trump's Impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 14, 2021 2:13 PM

Jim Acosta, CNN: White House staffers are stealing shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315January 14, 2021 7:18 PM

Somehow I'm reminded of Supermarket Sweep, r315.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316January 14, 2021 9:44 PM

Pence has apparently reached out to Kamala to congratulate her and offer any support she may need.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't need advice on how to be a spineless coward.

by Anonymousreply 317January 15, 2021 6:00 PM

Furious Pelosi calls out Capitol riot 'punk'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318January 15, 2021 6:25 PM

So this is delicious...

Some of the people that are being charged for their Terrorism are saying they did it because Orange them to.

They're now throwing their Dear Leader under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 319January 15, 2021 6:26 PM

Impossible to say how much I love Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 320January 15, 2021 6:57 PM

That's why I will brook no criticism of her, r320. Where the fuck would we be right now without her?

by Anonymousreply 321January 15, 2021 7:00 PM

And she gave us such great optics...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322January 15, 2021 7:04 PM

Morbidly obese. That's what they say..

by Anonymousreply 323January 15, 2021 11:36 PM

Arrests of "Domestic Terrorists" for Attack on US Capitol. Acting AG Rosen Refuses to Call Them Out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 15, 2021 11:42 PM

Online far-right movements fracture in wake of Capitol riot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 16, 2021 1:15 AM

Defund the GOP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 16, 2021 2:58 AM

Christian evangelist, Franklin Graham, slams Republicans for taking '30 pieces of silver' from Nancy Pelosi in Trump impeachment 'betrayal'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327January 16, 2021 6:06 PM

Tapper: I wish I saw evidence these people had a conscience

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328January 17, 2021 8:44 PM

Pieces of shit to the very end:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329January 17, 2021 9:28 PM

This is a wake up call...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330January 18, 2021 2:39 PM

Ex-FBI deputy director: New riot video reminds me of Benghazi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 18, 2021 6:10 PM

I cannot wait for 12:01 am. Don't let me down, Tish, Queen.

by Anonymousreply 332January 20, 2021 7:41 PM

I’m praying for Letitia, too. But I can’t imagine NY will want to share the spotlight with the Senate trial. I imagine she’ll wait at least until the schedule is announced.

by Anonymousreply 333January 20, 2021 7:44 PM

Funny, that long list of pardons, and conspicuously missing are his kids, Jared, Giuliani and himself. That means there are secret pardons that havent been publicly released. Until someone gets charged, we wont know if they are pardoned. The bright side ? Trump did not resign...that means he may have pardoned himself...and that will be challenged and lose in court. Trump will remain in the spotlight one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 334January 20, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote]That means there are secret pardons that havent been publicly released. Until someone gets charged, we wont know if they are pardoned

No, a pardon doesn't exist unless and until it's made part of the public record.

[quote]Presidential grants are a matter of public record, so immediately after Presidential action, the name of each person granted a pardon or commutation, along with the district they were convicted, year of sentencing, offense, and the date the President granted their request is publicly listed on the Office of the Pardon Attorney website. This information may also be posted on The White House website and included in press releases issued by the Department or The White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335January 20, 2021 9:30 PM

Yes! Oh happy day!

by Anonymousreply 336January 20, 2021 10:46 PM

Maddow just said that they have found out that when Capitol police called the Pentagon to send help, the person that told them No was Flynn's brother.

by Anonymousreply 337January 21, 2021 2:57 AM

r336 - Indeed, FCI...

by Anonymousreply 338January 21, 2021 3:06 AM

Incorrect, R335.

Pocket Pardons exist.

This came up in 2017.

[quote]In general, pardons are vetted by the Office of the Pardon Attorney in the Justice Department. But the regulations governing that process don’t interfere with or supersede the president’s constitutional authority on this issue, which mentions nothing about needing to notify the public of a pardon.

[quote]If a recipient of a presidential pardon were indicted, the pardon would be revealed during the proceedings. The way a pardon could stay under the radar is if Trump pardons someone before they’ve been charged with a crime. In that case, that person could have a presidential pardon in their pocket to use if they ever do get charged with a crime, but if they aren’t, the public wouldn’t necessarily ever know.

[quote]“Long-term secrecy is not the danger because if authorities ever attempt to file charges or pass a sentence, the pardon would come to light,” Illinois Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi, who introduced the bill to promote transparency in pardons, told TIME in a statement. “The danger we’re facing is that President Trump could sabotage the Special Counsel’s investigation through pardoning his own aides and family members in secret before charges are filed. These pardons could fundamentally derail Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation because key witnesses could feel no obligation to speak to investigators due to the knowledge that President Trump had already shielded them from prosecution.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339January 21, 2021 5:25 AM

r337, that is fascinating. It should all unravel quickly.

by Anonymousreply 340January 21, 2021 6:03 AM

All reports before the pardon list came out said there were around 100 pardons. The official list only had around 70 pardons. Those missing 30 pardons are the ones for his family and every "loyal" associate, including himself. I hope he dies slowly and painfully. The motherfucker.

The Biden Justice Department should announce piddling little minor charges against every one of his family members and every associate he's ever said more than five words to tomorrow and see what shakes out. Make them all produce their pardons to get out of whatever the federal equivalent of jaywalking is.

Are these hidden pardons FOIA-able?

by Anonymousreply 341January 21, 2021 8:23 AM

Good idea R341

by Anonymousreply 342January 21, 2021 9:26 AM

[quote] The Biden Justice Department should announce piddling little minor charges against every one of his family members and every associate he's ever said more than five words to tomorrow and see what shakes out.

Yes, creating fake charges will really help the situation.

by Anonymousreply 343January 21, 2021 9:29 AM

Well, here we are. And we never did get to Treason of the Witch.

by Anonymousreply 344January 21, 2021 9:38 AM

Surely the pardons have to be for specific things, even if not existing charges, otherwise people could commit murder with impunity.

by Anonymousreply 345January 21, 2021 9:59 AM

Blow it out your ass, R343. They've all committed crimes. We've watched them commit those crimes without consequence. Hell, the entirety of the administration, including his shit family, can be brought in on failure to appear charges for all the subpoenas they ignored.

by Anonymousreply 346January 21, 2021 10:28 AM

A pocket pardon would have to be recorded SOMEWHERE officially. Otherwise anyone could pull a piece of paper out of their pocket and claim they’ve been pardoned. I would bet if they exist (which I think they don’t) they’re recorded in the Justice Dept and Biden’s administration would know. Otherwise, I think a court would look at the “pardon” and go pfft.

by Anonymousreply 347January 21, 2021 12:27 PM

R343, they don’t have to create fake charges. Donnie Jr. will be charged, along with daddy, for that insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 348January 21, 2021 12:28 PM

Biden, Harris, 400,000 Flags and Candles on the DC National Mall & the Need for Accountability

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349January 21, 2021 5:38 PM

No a court would base the pardon on the constitution which only limits them to cases of Impeachment. There's no other requirement needed for it to be "valid," and that includes documentation.

That's what's fucked up about these people... they've spent their entire lives looking for and working every single loop hole, and they get away with it.

Didn't the asshole make a final pardon after he left the WH and sat on the plane to FL?

by Anonymousreply 350January 21, 2021 6:39 PM

R344 not so fast. You know their stench will linger for years.

by Anonymousreply 351January 21, 2021 6:39 PM

FCI, how are you doing? Hope you and your family are ok. Any scoop on additional charges/investigations coming up for the terrorists and the administration that encouraged them? I'm especially curious about the gun toting congressional tour guide from CO.

by Anonymousreply 352January 21, 2021 7:08 PM

R350....There is no way they would allow a self pardon to stand. Seriously. It would contradict the entire constitution. Allowing a self pardon would establish a King. Someone...anyone...can become President and go on a crime spree making Trumps antics seem childish. When he leaves, he pardons his co-conspirators and then himself and it stands ? NOT A CHANCE.

by Anonymousreply 353January 21, 2021 8:29 PM

Some of y'all need to learn how the constitution works.

by Anonymousreply 354January 21, 2021 8:43 PM

Not a chance?

That's in effect what Orange did, minus the self-pardon, which no one knows if he included in a pocket pardon. Whether or not that stands is yet to be determined... but everything else? He did and got away with.

by Anonymousreply 355January 21, 2021 8:44 PM

R350 that was with regard to pocket pardons, not self-pardons, which is still untested.

by Anonymousreply 356January 21, 2021 8:45 PM

Can't wait for the Garland confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 357January 21, 2021 9:11 PM

R352 Doing well, thank you for asking.

They are very busy on the Hill and many are still speaking with LE about things so info is hard to come by. I do know, personally, that there will be shocking charges when all it out in the open. That would include members of Congress. I *think* it goes deep. As you can see today, republicans are now doubling, tripling and don’t give a fuck now. They are back peddling Ex- Pres Bone Spurs’ culpability for 1/6.

I will not allow them to mess with my happiness for kicking fascism to the trash. I thank the trolls here for tipping us to the next talking points. I just laugh at them. We should just laugh at them. I’ve driven away and been blocked by dozens of right wing nuts, trolls, Q loons. I just tell them how ecstatic I am we have President Biden!

by Anonymousreply 358January 21, 2021 10:17 PM

I've been off the board for a week on a Red M lockout., so please forgive me...

LE?

by Anonymousreply 359January 21, 2021 10:49 PM

Law Enforcement

by Anonymousreply 360January 21, 2021 10:51 PM

Ahhh, I was actually trying to figure out whose initials those were.

Thank you.

But wouldn't that be the FBI?

And then doesn't the FBI turn things over to the DoJ?

by Anonymousreply 361January 21, 2021 10:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362January 22, 2021 12:29 AM

There's a thread, r362...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363January 22, 2021 12:50 AM

You bitches needed to keep your mouth shut about Treason of the Witch...

Signs for Ivanka 2024 have popped up in FL.

by Anonymousreply 364January 22, 2021 2:26 AM

Ivanka be rainbow high...

by Anonymousreply 365January 22, 2021 2:30 AM

FL be FL. Pay it no mind.

Meanwhile, the Q people in meltdown. Bwhahahahahahaha They were duped and duped big. They’ll never admit they were duped at all of it, though. Many of them ruined their lives, relationships, careers for it all, not just the Q part.

by Anonymousreply 366January 22, 2021 3:54 AM

My favorite Q theory that popped up yesterday was this:

"Joe Biden is Q! He was Q all along! And now we have to follow him because in order to see the plan through. "

I wish I was making that up but that was an actual talking point in one of their forums.

by Anonymousreply 367January 22, 2021 4:48 AM

I want to hear their personal stories of ruin, R366. Every last detail.

by Anonymousreply 368January 22, 2021 9:16 AM

QAnon always reminds me of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369January 22, 2021 9:26 AM

I believe some of the really outlandish stuff must be liberals trolling them. I can imagine them holding a contest to come up with the most outlandish shit that Q will believe. And the Q’ers end up sharing and believing it!

by Anonymousreply 370January 22, 2021 1:35 PM

Miss Oily Taint is back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 22, 2021 2:51 PM

Yeah, R370, like the one about Joe and Trump having their faces surgically swapped

by Anonymousreply 372January 22, 2021 2:53 PM

I had someone tell me about how Orange and Biden were having a "Face Off" moment and that it was done so that Orange could be sworn in and Biden was then going to stand trial at the Impeachment and go to prison for all of his own crimes.

Since they truly believed this I had to questions to ask:

"So why is Biden going along with it again?"

"And what did they do with Orange's extra 80 lbs?"

Crickets to both.

These people really don't bother to think anything through.

by Anonymousreply 373January 22, 2021 6:11 PM

If they actually thought, r373, they wouldn't bother to entertain these idiotic theories in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 374January 22, 2021 9:14 PM

McConnell wants Schumer to Stick w/the Filibuster, Relinquish Democratic Majority's Power. Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375January 23, 2021 1:58 AM

[quote] McConnell wants Schumer to Stick w/the Filibuster, Relinquish Democratic Majority's Power. Really?

Would it make more sense for McConnell to give up the filibuster and relinquish Republican minority’s power?

by Anonymousreply 376January 23, 2021 2:31 AM

NYT: Trump And DOJ Lawyer Reportedly Plotted To Oust Acting Attorney General | All In | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 23, 2021 2:53 AM

Joe Biden Gets Rid Of Trump's 'Diet Coke Button' On Day One:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378January 23, 2021 4:26 PM

You can see a picture of it at R378's link. It looks like a fancy battery operated doorbell you can buy at Home Depot. God, Trump really is just pathetic white trash who just happened to have a rich daddy.

by Anonymousreply 379January 23, 2021 8:09 PM

Looking forward to Feb 8

by Anonymousreply 380January 23, 2021 9:37 PM

You know Trump is going to testify just to be able to get some attention. He must be dying right now from lack of attention. I wonder how many confessions to other crimes he'll blurt out as his lawyer tries to get him to shut up?

by Anonymousreply 381January 23, 2021 9:39 PM

Cawthorn...holy CRAP...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382January 24, 2021 2:41 AM

Wow r382, Cawthorn sounds as articulate as his signature. Jest keep regurgitatin' them talking points, son, and you'll do fine. Good for Pam Brown and I hope she is a sign that the media is not going to take this crap from GOP any more. (Fingers crossed.)

by Anonymousreply 383January 24, 2021 1:22 PM

We're talking about someone who dropped out of a Bible college, R383. Not exactly a tree of owls.

by Anonymousreply 384January 24, 2021 1:45 PM

Marsha Blackburn and Crawdaddy need to go into the Bible selling business together.

Both are academic giants with Marsha having a BA in Home Economics.

by Anonymousreply 385January 24, 2021 6:22 PM

Senate Impeach Trial: The Sequel. Here's Why All of the "Jurors" Have Disqualifying Conflicts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 24, 2021 11:41 PM

I don't understand why people prefer watching videos to reading. R386, you want to sum up what he says or at least give a time marker to the important points so we all don't have to waste eight minutes of our lives?

by Anonymousreply 387January 25, 2021 12:36 AM

Oh you poor little thing...

by Anonymousreply 388January 25, 2021 12:47 AM

Fuck off, R388. Just because you can't read doesn't mean people should just throw out videos with no indication of where the relevant information is in an almost 10 minute video. Do you really just spend your entire life watching endless videos? Nevermind, that's probably exactly what you do with your life.

by Anonymousreply 389January 25, 2021 12:57 AM

Bitch and moan, r389...

by Anonymousreply 390January 25, 2021 1:09 AM

So, can't read AND can't write full sentences, huh, R390?

by Anonymousreply 391January 25, 2021 1:12 AM

Fine, I'll write in full sentences, r391. I'm not going to do a Reader's Digest condensed version to save you your valuable time. You're either interested in watching a Glenn Kirschner video or you're not. Just don't click on it. Some people like him/them.

by Anonymousreply 392January 25, 2021 1:18 AM

R392, you obviously watched it before posting it. The first few minutes is all recap of the first impeachment that we've all heard before. Why don't you just timestamp where to start watching the relevant part? It's not hard.

by Anonymousreply 393January 25, 2021 1:42 AM

Anybody here reading or posting this thread? Old news to most of us but some new information has been popping up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394January 25, 2021 4:41 AM

Interesting from Howard Dean:

[quote]A pardon can be reversed if the president who issued the pardon was impeached, according to the 1868 revised edition of A Familiar Exposition of the Constitution of the United States, a popular textbook by Supreme Court Associate Justice Joseph Story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395January 25, 2021 5:15 PM

He should be included in the Treason gang bang, no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396January 25, 2021 9:31 PM

Supreme Court Hands Donald Trump A Massive Victory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397January 26, 2021 4:45 PM

I won’t click on r397–beware, it looks like the URL is spam.

by Anonymousreply 398January 26, 2021 5:03 PM

Oh, you just keep doing you, r398.

by Anonymousreply 399January 26, 2021 5:38 PM

Trump's fate in The Senate is fluid.

At first it looked like he might be convicted.

Then it was looking like he might be acquited.

Now it is unclear again...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 26, 2021 5:48 PM

R400, the Repugs got what they wanted again. They were able to block the Democrats from moving forward just long enough for people to lose interest. So many Americans are of the type that are easily distracted by shiny objects. The only thing that I can see make it front and center again and, maybe, lead to enough Repugs voting to convict is the Orange Shitstain testifying himself.

by Anonymousreply 401January 26, 2021 6:22 PM

The delay was a compromise with both The Republicans and Biden to get other business done.

This trial will be much different than last time. The evidence is stark. There will be witnesses (this is a big deal) and the spectre of a split in the GOP weighs heavy...

Also Trump's legal team may turf out in effectiveness. It isn't even clear who they all are?

by Anonymousreply 402January 26, 2021 6:36 PM

Rand Paul's objection to the trial on "constitutionality" was defeated 55-45.

Only 5 GOP accept the trial as constitutional - Collins, Murkowski, Sasse, Romney and Toomey. McTurtle voted with the GOP majority. This tells you everything you need to know about the outcome of the trial itself.

by Anonymousreply 403January 26, 2021 8:21 PM

R403 Perhaps.

That was partially a cynical cover vote. It is possible the final vote on conviction will be different.

by Anonymousreply 404January 26, 2021 8:45 PM

Remember, these people were THERE and the TARGETS of this attack.

The prosecution is going to play clips of that rally and then of the attack along with the reluctance of orange to stop it or even send in the national guard to end it.

The jury are the victims of this. The best thing the prosecution can do is make them relive it.

by Anonymousreply 405January 26, 2021 9:08 PM

Haul in some of insurrectionists to testify that they were summoned by Trumpy himself to storm the Capitol, in exchange for lighter sentences

by Anonymousreply 406January 26, 2021 9:09 PM

The Senate trial isn't the last opportunity to hold Trump to account, and if the Republicans once again choose to let him off the hook that's not exactly going to be a shock. But it is important to document Trump's crimes, who stood up to him and who enabled him, and enter them into the official government record.

by Anonymousreply 407January 26, 2021 9:18 PM

Also important to get the votes and names.

by Anonymousreply 408January 26, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote] Only 5 GOP accept the trial as constitutional - Collins, Murkowski, Sasse, Romney and Toomey.

The five RINOs managed to stick together.

by Anonymousreply 409January 26, 2021 9:33 PM

[quote] The Senate trial isn't the last opportunity to hold Trump to account, and if the Republicans once again choose to let him off the hook that's not exactly going to be a shock.

The court system is still functioning and that’s where anyone should bring their charges. Voting to remove someone from office who is no longer in office or barring a 74 year old from running for office in the future is not holding someone accountable. This is just a show trial.

by Anonymousreply 410January 26, 2021 9:38 PM

You still don't get it, do you r410 ? Its to set an example so the next Trump thinks twice. The problem is that the GOP enabled so much corruption and illegality that its destined to become the norm. Nothing will change unless they hold those in the GOP who enabled him responsible.

by Anonymousreply 411January 26, 2021 9:46 PM

Not sure if there's a thread for post-election developments apart from Trump.

Apparently, Jaime Harrison is DNC Chair now. DL fave Governor of PA Fetterman is throwing his hat into the PA Senate seat ring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412January 26, 2021 10:00 PM

Hi FCI! If you're still out there, please bring us some updates. Thank you.

Here's some thoughts on the Senate Trump hearing.

1. The evidence will be there. But most GOP Senators will NOT convict. And it's not because of the criminal evidence GOP Senators have on Trump (insurrection). But because of the criminal evidence Trump has on GOP (Russian/NRA campaign contributions, Pandemic insider trading).

2. Trump will again hold an acquittal presser. But this time NY State will press charges on Trump's financials. And just like Al Capone, Trump too will go down over illicit loot.

3. But unlike Capone, Trump will rat out the GOP. As those GOP rats are almost as complicit as Trump in their crimes. And Trump the snake will not slither off into his cage alone.

by Anonymousreply 413January 26, 2021 10:13 PM

CNN: Q-Cunt Marjorie Green indicated support for executing Pelosi and Obama in 2018 and 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414January 26, 2021 10:15 PM

R413 Not a lot of info right now. There’s quite a bit of PTSD plus ongoing criminal investigations where some of my friends are witnesses. There’s so much anger on the Dem side.

I’m not sure wtf is going on with republicans. Well, I do. They’ve created an absolute monster. They are revealing themselves as monsters, too. There are no moderate republicans. Let’s get that cleared up. There has been no reflection amongst republicans about 1/6. They’ve resorted to their usual gaslighting to try to move us off the subject. We’ve seen the absolute collapse of a political party right before our eyes. I’ve heard rumblings some non-elected republicans will leave the party for independence hoping enough do so to where the elected ones will, I dunno, be less seditious? How could anybody trust current republicans again?

I’m not hopeful about the Senate. Maybe, maybe, if donors and corps threaten to stop giving money they might get 17 to convict. That sentence is a damning indictment on the gop if there ever was one.

I’m just flipping ecstatic we have Dem control and Biden is off to a great start. I feel light as a feather right now.

by Anonymousreply 415January 26, 2021 10:39 PM

R409 RINOs? Why do you say that? They’re terrible people so they are very much republicans.

by Anonymousreply 416January 26, 2021 10:45 PM

r415 - Thank you, FCI!

by Anonymousreply 417January 26, 2021 10:55 PM

Thank you FCI for replying so quickly.

As I said in R413 unfortunately most GOP Senators will NOT convict Trump. Because of the criminal evidence TRUMP has on the GOP (Pandemic insider trading). As the GOP Congress HATES Trump the GOP is saving its own assets. As the GOP enables the Trump monster to do so.

But the good news is that NY State will nail Trump for financial fraud. While that snake in the grass Trump will bite the GOP rat in the asp.

I'm just glad you are so happy about the Dems being in charge and taking care of business. And it will even be better as more Americans turn away from Trump. Especially with Biden getting so much work done.

by Anonymousreply 418January 26, 2021 11:05 PM

[quote]I feel light as a feather right now.

FCI pics please.

by Anonymousreply 419January 26, 2021 11:20 PM

Oh, I’m *considering* a run for office. I’m very reluctant but after 1/6, I’m also pretty damn motivated to stop the madness.

by Anonymousreply 420January 26, 2021 11:43 PM

The Repugs won't vote to convict Trump. They are his co-conspirators. His guilt is their guilt. Never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 421January 27, 2021 3:46 AM

Keilar: GOP's 20 reasons against impeachment don't hold up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 27, 2021 11:44 PM

You know we have been thrown off balance for more than 5 yrs. Maybe 12 years, thinking that just because t3ehy call themselves "Republicans" They still adhere and embrace the traditions of a national political party in America. We have made a lot of assumptions and periodically, over the past four years in particular, with the ascendance of Trump, we keep asking "When will the Republicans do this or that or reject this or that?" And they never do. The media does it most of all? They turn up the tensions breathlessly wishing, hoping expecting McConnell or McCarthy or Ryan or WTF ever to "wake up." Long ago I determined that the goal was a corporate police state kind of arrangement. I felt this way ever since Reagan. So now, when we are still in the fight of our lives with the Neo fascists and White Nationalists still posing an existential threat, we are still expecting the Republicans to do the right thing. And out of all the Republicans in Congress, and all the Republicans in the state s, no one or very few have. Maybe 25% if that. So maybe we ought to finally wake up, admit the Republican Party is run by a bunch of extremists and we need to RICO them, investigate them and decertify the RNC. These people want to overthrow our government. Our laws our Constitution mean nothing to them. They aren't that damned scared of Trump! The Media ought to stop giving them a pass. They agree with him. They don't like him. He is coarse and he is a buffoon, but they're all going in the same direction. Ben Sasse, Mitt Romney and the rest of the dissenters need to stop being Accommodationists. Either dissent or don't. . They don't like what they see, then get busy. Let's start kicking some asses. By the way. Where is FCI? Have we heard from him since the election and all this insurrection stuff?

by Anonymousreply 423January 28, 2021 12:27 AM

Yes, but you'd have to look upthread.

by Anonymousreply 424January 28, 2021 12:40 AM

FCI, is there any gossip on the Hill about WTF is going on with McCarthy visiting Mar A Lago and Trump and Melania opening their offices, etc. Did the Republicans cut a deal with him? He was threatening to start a third party. The paperwork has already been filed in Texas and I think a couple other states. That would kill the Republicans. So maybe they cut a deal, not to vote against him, and to keep working with him so he doesn't turn on them. But he will eventually anyway. He will be backing extremist candidates to primary his "enemies" in the GOP. It's extremely clear to me they're all in it together. If Biden believes he can just show the American people a good job, and help them, and restart the economy and get COVID under control and it will win people over, he is delusional. He doesn't get what's going on. They are attempting a White nationalist take over. Putin is the orchestrator, he's behind it all over the world and he is bitter, angry and pissed off right now. Dangerous. So we are not in the clear and we have to purge them all and get tough. I don't see tough right now. Merrick Garland isn't tough and Christopher Wray is not someone I trust.

by Anonymousreply 425January 28, 2021 2:38 AM

I don't think Wray is going to be around for very long, r425.

by Anonymousreply 426January 28, 2021 3:47 AM

[quote] Keilar: GOP's 20 reasons against impeachment don't hold up

Did anyone think that CNN wouldn’t be all in for a Trump conviction?

by Anonymousreply 427January 28, 2021 10:29 AM

If Trump faces any legal heat over the insurrection (among other things) he will start throwing rethugs involved under the bus without a second thought. They should take this opportunity to thwart him from running again, but they won’t. I suspect the more moderate repubs may splinter off as independents.

by Anonymousreply 428January 28, 2021 11:06 AM

[quote]Did anyone think that CNN wouldn’t be all in for a Trump conviction?

Did anyone think that the GOP wouldn’t be all in for a Trump acquittal?

by Anonymousreply 429January 28, 2021 11:26 AM

Does anybody think Putin told ex prez he actually won and to fight it with everything he had? I’m saying that is what a I heard. At all. Totally didn’t. I promise.

by Anonymousreply 430January 28, 2021 11:30 AM

The Republicans are never going to say "You know what, we made a terrible mistake propping up Trump, he's psycho and a massive crook besides, let's cut him loose now." So let all the Senate Republicans go on record acquitting him on his second impeachment, this time on a charge of something that was documented on multiple live video streams. Let them officially declare themselves the party of psychotic conspiracy theories, genocide, sedition, and terrorism. See how that goes down with the corporations and billionaire donor class.

by Anonymousreply 431January 28, 2021 12:18 PM

R430, FCI I totally agree with you about Putin telling Trump to fight. Also aware of the Bitcoin transactions placing more than $500K in the accounts of some of the extremist ringleaders. So, Maybe Putty tells Donnie to fight, while at the same time there's money being directed to pay some of the leaders. As I understood it, the state Republican parties "donors" were the fronts, but there was dark money financing Oath keepers and Proud Boys, and some of the infiltrators inciting violence and vandalism last summer were paid. And these guys are so dedicated to their extremists views they're for sale cheap. I've read a lot about the 60's and 70's and know that a lot of extremists were paid.

by Anonymousreply 432January 28, 2021 3:01 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

As Trump Golfs in FL, the only Question is WHEN (not IF) he'll be Criminally Charged for his Crimes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433January 29, 2021 12:00 AM

People say Hillary should be prosecuted for her “crimes” and people say Trump should be prosecuted for his “crimes”. At some point people have to specify what the crimes are.

by Anonymousreply 434January 29, 2021 12:44 AM

We will have to wait on the Trump crimes until after Garland is AG.

Even with a Republican President, House, Senate and a loaded DoJ, not one criminal charge has been filed against Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 435January 29, 2021 12:50 AM

Exactly, r435. I don't think r434 has been paying much attention.

by Anonymousreply 436January 29, 2021 2:31 AM

[quote] We will have to wait on the Trump crimes until after Garland is AG.

The AG doesn’t charge people. The U.S. Attorneys do. Also, the AG is not involved in charging state crimes. Trump is now out of office. Where are the charges?

by Anonymousreply 437January 29, 2021 6:05 AM

He's going on trial in a week or so. The rest will follow after that trial is concluded.

by Anonymousreply 438January 29, 2021 7:00 AM

R434, Trump has committed many financial crimes. He’s also committed crimes while President (obstruction of justice).

No wonder I had you blocked.

by Anonymousreply 439January 29, 2021 7:13 AM

r437, Garland needs to find out how many T**** investigations Barr shut down and reopen them, THEN the US Attorneys can indict.

by Anonymousreply 440January 29, 2021 7:38 AM

R440 THIS

by Anonymousreply 441January 29, 2021 11:21 AM

R420 FCI, what state do you consider running in?

by Anonymousreply 442January 29, 2021 6:53 PM

Here's something I've thought about: I was watching them on TV talking about how we need Domestic Terrorism laws because everything we have was always directed at foreign terrorism. But. if the FBI. Department of Justice counter terrorism and the CIA can un cover the threads that connect financing, money, pay offs, and conspiracy, aiding and abetting, encouraging, etc. to foreign actors...like Russians (Putin) Than the Oathkeepers and members of Congress all of them could be charged with crimes and use the foreign terrorist laws.

by Anonymousreply 443January 30, 2021 12:33 AM

Someone, I don't remember who, brought up an interesting scenario that could happen re: the Impeachment Trial.

If some of the terrorists testify that they acted in the manner they did because they were told by say Cruz or Hawley, or if they were in any of those meetings, the DC Police could use that testimony to arrest those Senators for their participation.

That would effectively make it so that they can't be on the jury as well.

Doubt it would happen, but one can dream!

by Anonymousreply 444January 30, 2021 12:36 AM

[quote] I was watching them on TV talking about how we need Domestic Terrorism laws

People have been saying this since the riots last summer. We need to crack down on these groups across the country. It’s ridiculous how long the lawless marauding has been allowed to continue in Portland.

by Anonymousreply 445January 30, 2021 6:14 AM

I may not be remembering this correctly, but I recall that very soon after Dump was elected, he ordered the FBI to stop surveillance and investigation of right-wing terrorist groups. Does anyone else recall something like this?

by Anonymousreply 446January 30, 2021 4:04 PM

Yes...he disbanded the Domestic Terrorism unit at DOJ

by Anonymousreply 447January 30, 2021 4:14 PM

R442 TX but local races, of course.

by Anonymousreply 448January 30, 2021 8:33 PM

The Lincoln Project sues Ruby Julie for defamation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449January 30, 2021 9:31 PM

Grey op? Why?

by Anonymousreply 450January 30, 2021 9:53 PM

Not Greyed out for me, R450. If it is greyed out it means trolls are trying to flag the thread (as they've done in the past). To counter it, WW the OP..

by Anonymousreply 451January 30, 2021 10:02 PM

What in the actual fuck? How is this not being talked about?

In testimony before the House, Capitol Police and DC National Guard officials acknowledged they were aware by January 4 that the protest on the 6th was going to be an issue. They were aware that some of the participants were planning to bring firearms and other weapons and that there was strong potential for violence and that Congress was the target.

Armed with this information, Cheeto's Secretary of Defense, Christpher Miller, issued a memo disarming the DC National Guard. The memo stated that the National Guard was not to arrest, touch, or search any of the Protestors. It also stated that they could not have weapons, body armor, or helmets and they were not allowed to share their resources with the Capitol Police.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452January 30, 2021 10:34 PM

It's deep and disgusting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 30, 2021 11:17 PM

r449, that is the reason the word *fabulous* was invented.

by Anonymousreply 454January 31, 2021 12:27 AM

Butchy Bowers and Debs Barbier, 45's lead attorneys have departed pretrial. Better get hustlin' . . . well, unless Ghouliani wants to step in last minute (please make that happen)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 31, 2021 12:50 AM

I'm thrilled to witness Ghouliani's demise in real time, in the parking lot across the road from a crematorium and next door to a sex shop.

by Anonymousreply 456January 31, 2021 12:57 AM

R455 did they drop Orange or did Orange drop them?

by Anonymousreply 457January 31, 2021 1:17 AM

A third lawyer just quit.

"A third attorney, Josh Howard, who was also recently added to Trump's defense team, has also left, I'm told. Trump wanted the attorneys to argue there was mass election fraud and it was stolen from him rather than focus on proposed arguments about constitutionality."

Trump is so bat shit crazy. He listens to no one - I'm fine with that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458January 31, 2021 1:35 AM

Rudy & Sidney Sasquatch will be defending the 🍊💩?

by Anonymousreply 459January 31, 2021 1:43 AM

The South Carolina attorneys wanted their money upfront. They did not want to be stiffed by Trump.

by Anonymousreply 460January 31, 2021 1:46 AM

Ginni is nasty. Impeach C. Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 461January 31, 2021 1:51 AM

FIVE of Trump’s impeachment trial attorneys have now quit. Guess he will be defending himself.

by Anonymousreply 462January 31, 2021 1:53 AM

Why is Dump even bothering to put up a defense? He won’t get convicted. Bozo the clown could be his lawyer (hey, Rudy!) and Republicans won’t vote to convict.

by Anonymousreply 463January 31, 2021 1:53 AM

Lindsey Graham got those SC attorneys for Trump and Lindsey is suppose to vote?

by Anonymousreply 464January 31, 2021 1:58 AM

Trump wants to go in there and claim that the election was stolen from him, which is a round about way of saying that the Capitol attack was justified.

That's going to go over well.

He has like a week and a half until this trial starts. What are the odds that he's already called Mitch and asked for more time! How sad for him that he has no say in any of it. There will be no extension.

by Anonymousreply 465January 31, 2021 2:01 AM

WaPo: FBI probe of U.S. Capitol riot finds evidence assault was coordinated:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466January 31, 2021 2:07 AM

[quote]did they drop Orange or did Orange drop them?

I'm watching the 10 o'clock news and they just mentioned it. They said according to the AP, the decision "was mutual."

by Anonymousreply 467January 31, 2021 2:17 AM

Mutual, I'm sure!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468January 31, 2021 2:30 AM

Trump could plead guilty and Republicans would still acquit him.

by Anonymousreply 469January 31, 2021 2:46 AM

He has three days to get his act together; his written response to the House’s charge is due on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 470January 31, 2021 3:00 AM

[quote]He has three days to get his act together; his written response to the House’s charge is due on Tuesday.

Written response?

Gonna nail it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471January 31, 2021 3:33 AM

Glenn Kirschner:

Merrick Garland's Prior Experience Fighting Domestic Terrorism Makes him the Right Choice for AG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472January 31, 2021 5:28 PM

Newsweek:

Peter Navarro Predicts Trump 'Gets Elected in a Landslide in 2024'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473January 31, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote]"Trump promised he'd be back in some form."

Soylent Green, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 474January 31, 2021 7:34 PM

This should be brought up:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475January 31, 2021 7:44 PM

See R452.

by Anonymousreply 476January 31, 2021 8:39 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Why One Word Trump Uses Over & Over Again Supports Criminal Liability For the 1/6 Capitol Attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477February 1, 2021 2:46 AM

'Evidence Is Overwhelming': Trump Impeachment Manager Says He's 'Responsible' For Riot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478February 3, 2021 1:29 AM

So I'm reading about this Publix heiress bankrolling the Capitol mob rally, and wonder why her name isn't made into the Right Wing Soros yet?

All these years we hear how Soros is financing caravans, voter fraud, BLM and 'socialists'. When will the press or social media really tie the names of these right wing billionaire Trump backers onto the GOP like albatrosses?

And CNN said tonight that the Florida Governor has made an exclusive deal with Publix to distribute the vaccines only through their pharmacies, and surprise surprise, Publix donated 100K to his PAC. Added to that, poorer areas don't have a Publix so they're at the mercy of mobile units for distribution.

by Anonymousreply 479February 3, 2021 5:07 AM

[quote] poorer areas don't have a Publix so they're at the mercy of mobile units for distribution.

Poor, remote areas would have to depend on mobile units no matter what. Belle Glade, for example, is practically outside of civilization. Publix covers where most of the state lives.

by Anonymousreply 480February 3, 2021 6:25 AM

R480, either you’re naive or your a deplorable. Publix donates to the governor’s campaign, then gets exclusive rights to distribute the vaccine. What quid pro quo do you not understand?

by Anonymousreply 481February 3, 2021 12:58 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Lindsey Graham Stonewalls Merrick Garland's Confirmation Hearing, & Upcoming Team Justice Projects

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482February 3, 2021 5:00 PM

Well, now that Dems control the Senate gavels again, stuff should start getting interesting.

by Anonymousreply 483February 3, 2021 11:25 PM

Liz Cheney keeps her leadership position. Not enough votes to oust her.

by Anonymousreply 484February 4, 2021 1:16 AM

I dislike the fact that they forced me to be glad they weren't able to oust Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 485February 4, 2021 1:35 AM

R485 No shit, huh? I've always thought of Liz Cheney as the daughter of Satan, (not that she isn't), but she's Snow White compared to Large Marge. I'd even take her over Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 486February 4, 2021 7:17 AM

Graham needs to keep his intense emotional obsession with Trump out of Judiciary Committee functioning. He is motivated by a warped, romantic obsession which has generated problem after problem for several years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487February 4, 2021 7:56 AM

Hopefully, the people of Wyoming will oust her in 2022 and we can be done with the Cheney family.

by Anonymousreply 488February 4, 2021 11:50 AM

R488, I’m for this if she’s replaced by a Democrat, but not if it’s a far right looney Dump/Q-anoner.

by Anonymousreply 489February 4, 2021 12:30 PM

THE SQUALID

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490February 4, 2021 1:41 PM

Literally everybody is laughing at Matt Gaetz after his latest spectacular failure:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491February 4, 2021 7:12 PM

^^ What's with Trumpsters and the color orange?

by Anonymousreply 492February 4, 2021 9:47 PM

Second-Rate Actor/Failed President Trump RESIGNS from Actors' Union. How Will Hollywood Survive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493February 6, 2021 9:47 PM

PAC pressures GOP senators to convict Trump in upcoming impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494February 6, 2021 10:18 PM

Trump Donor/Judge McFadden's Track Record; Insurrectionists Vacay in Mexico/Eating Organic Cuisine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495February 8, 2021 2:49 PM

r495, instead of shilling for someone’s YouTube account, why don’t you just summarize what was said?

by Anonymousreply 496February 8, 2021 3:32 PM

Well, to summarize, r496, Glenn Kirschner, who has 30 years of prosecutorial experience, discusses: Trump Donor/Judge McFadden's Track Record; Insurrectionists Vacay in Mexico/Eating Organic Cuisine. How's that?

by Anonymousreply 497February 8, 2021 4:07 PM

FCI, what's the latest? What's the vibe on the impeachment hearings starting tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 498February 8, 2021 4:31 PM

Bump for FCI...

by Anonymousreply 499February 9, 2021 1:19 PM

I don’t have a lot of contacts on the Senate side but I will dig. Senate wants to move on. They really think once this trial is over, they can shift the conversation. Not to be too dramatic, but on the House side things are apocalyptic. Dems have lost all trust in republicans and what few “sane” republicans are left aren’t all that sane. It is ugly. They’ve become American ISIS. The radicalization of almost an entire political party in a two party system.

I will dig around to see if I can find any other information.

by Anonymousreply 500February 9, 2021 10:33 PM

Thanks FCI!

by Anonymousreply 501February 9, 2021 11:16 PM

I seriously doubt the senate is any better, FCI.

They seem to be willfully ignorant and living in terror of the monster that THEY created.

by Anonymousreply 502February 10, 2021 5:34 AM

R502 They aren’t. The other side is broken. You see their trolls here. They are divorced from reality. People on the Hill are shaken. I cannot emphasize enough how 1/6 changed people. Their lives were in danger. Their lives were in danger because of our president. We were attacked. Do not ever let the trolls here forget.

by Anonymousreply 503February 10, 2021 5:56 AM

It is very difficult to watch this impeachment trial. Watching what these terrorists did to our Capitol. Watching those halls desecrated. I will never again have an ounce of patience for republicans who support our former shitty president or who still shill for republicans when over 90% of that party wants us to move on. They sure didn’t want us to move on after 9/11 because they used it for political power. Let that sink in. Looking back, all the 9/11 pearl clutching by the Right was solely for political power.

by Anonymousreply 504February 10, 2021 9:34 PM

Blood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505February 11, 2021 9:31 PM

And he's been cleared because of course he never fucking gets held accountable for anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506February 13, 2021 7:52 PM

Patience. Now he is a private citizen.

This is why the Garland confirmation is so important.

by Anonymousreply 507February 13, 2021 10:23 PM

Sorry, I have no faith that Garland, or anyone, is actually going to go after him. Dems view it as the optics being that they're on a witch hunt and need to rise above!

by Anonymousreply 508February 13, 2021 10:30 PM

Patience

by Anonymousreply 509February 13, 2021 10:32 PM

This will come to be a much bigger drag on republicans than people realize. We may lose the House in ‘22 due to gerrymandering but we can keep the Senate and expand our majority.

by Anonymousreply 510February 13, 2021 10:38 PM

What can we do about gerrymandering FCI r510?

by Anonymousreply 511February 13, 2021 11:16 PM

R511 Nothing that I know of. We will have to cross our fingers enough swing districts elect Dems like in ‘18. I think republicans have really screwed themselves in the suburbs and with moderates.

We are expected to have blizzard conditions here in Houston Monday. Lows could be close to zero Tuesday morning. High Monday will be only 17, a record. I am hunkering down

by Anonymousreply 512February 13, 2021 11:47 PM

You might need to take your muff out of mothballs, FCI.

by Anonymousreply 513February 14, 2021 12:02 AM

R513 My muff has been out for awhile. Oh wait.....

by Anonymousreply 514February 14, 2021 12:13 AM

Stay toasty FCI, maybe a hot toddy will help.

by Anonymousreply 515February 14, 2021 1:14 PM

FCI is worried about moths in his muff? HA! His balls take care of that!

by Anonymousreply 516February 14, 2021 2:36 PM

Legislation Authorizing Insurrection Commission Could Come This Week | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517February 17, 2021 4:21 PM

How are you doing, FCI?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518February 17, 2021 6:33 PM

She's still in a tizzy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519February 17, 2021 6:45 PM

Prom King & Queen of MAGA land:

Killer of exotic animals & his HOney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520February 17, 2021 6:55 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521February 17, 2021 7:00 PM

Trump will not like Haley running; particularly so early.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522February 17, 2021 7:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523February 17, 2021 8:03 PM

Things are dire here. I’ve lost power with very low water pressure. We have a boil water advisory. 1.4 million have been out of power since Sunday with 400,000 with power on and off. This is freaking ridiculous. I have power for now but the ones who have power are part of the rolling blackouts. Heads on pikes!

by Anonymousreply 524February 17, 2021 8:08 PM

Well, I'll start whittling some pikes and FedEx them to you. Wish I could do more.

by Anonymousreply 525February 17, 2021 8:15 PM

I need a DLer to keep me warm. Power back on but who knows how long.

by Anonymousreply 526February 17, 2021 11:02 PM

That was me^^^

by Anonymousreply 527February 17, 2021 11:02 PM

The clown car is still running. Lindzebelle is driving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528February 18, 2021 1:02 PM

Update: Things are returning back to normal in SE Texas. For most people, this was hellish. 99% over people I know lost their power for an extended amount of time. My parents lost their power for over 36 hours. The temp in their house got to 45 degrees. Grocery stores look like disaster zones. There is hardly anything left edible. I’d say 40% of the people I know had their pipes burst. 100% are under a boil water notice. Add to this the vehicle damage, gas shortage, low or no water this doesn’t feel like a first world country. The anger is real. This Abbott blaming a policy that is not even law and Cruz fleeing across the border only add to the anger.

by Anonymousreply 529February 20, 2021 6:40 AM

But, FCI, will they all remember the next time they have to pick an R or a D on their ballots?

by Anonymousreply 530February 20, 2021 8:18 AM

Cancun Cruz wants to inherit Trump's following, Even they have to be largely repulsed by Lyin' Ted. And Abbott can't take responsibility. And this Gohmert?

Incompetent cultists. Corruption.

by Anonymousreply 531February 20, 2021 8:57 AM

Lindsey Graham is having a cozy, but thrilling, weekend in Mar-a-Lago.

Lindsey avoids SC.

by Anonymousreply 532February 20, 2021 9:03 AM

U.S. investigating possible ties between Roger Stone, Alex Jones and Capitol rioters:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533February 20, 2021 4:36 PM

TX is turning Blue. All recent statewide races are getting closer with each cycle. CancunCruz would not win again in ‘24 with a good opponent. Abbott is in trouble with his reelection. 1/6 changed some minds and I know plenty of republican voters who like what President Biden is doing even if they don’t agree with some of it. One of my old republican staffer friends said, “Damn Biden ain’t playin’” while adding Biden really hit the ground running and his WH is being run very efficiently.

Cruz looks genuinely freaked out so he must’ve heard from some of his hard core donors/supporters that they are out. I’ve never seen him look so chastened.

by Anonymousreply 534February 20, 2021 9:48 PM

FCI, any chance Beto might run for governor? God, how I would love that.

I just want to see Abbott, Patrick, and Cruz out on their asses after this.

by Anonymousreply 535February 20, 2021 11:10 PM

I’m impressed with Joe’s competence. First time in modern history we elected the less charismatic candidate.

by Anonymousreply 536February 20, 2021 11:49 PM

Cheetolini does have rich-man to a poor-man charisma.

Rich people do not find Trump charismatic. They find him transactional.

by Anonymousreply 537February 20, 2021 11:51 PM

R537, I agree, but he won the presidency on the backs of those who found him mesmerizing. We never elect someone based in competence, but we did with Joe. Sometimes we get lucky and the charismatic candidate is competent too. (Clinton and Obama obviously)

by Anonymousreply 538February 20, 2021 11:55 PM

...and even if George HW wasn’t that charismatic, he was running against Dukakis.

by Anonymousreply 539February 20, 2021 11:56 PM

Trump Loses Supreme Court Appeal On Personal, Corporate Tax Returns | Stephanie Ruhle | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540February 22, 2021 4:53 PM

It will be hilarious if the tax returns show nothing interesting. Granted, it’s guaranteed that the press will create a spectacle since they have given the tax returns the full Capone’s Vaults treatment for several years.

by Anonymousreply 541February 22, 2021 7:21 PM

R541...IF there were nothing there, Trump would not have fought it for years and be having a meltdown as I type.

by Anonymousreply 542February 22, 2021 7:25 PM

Beto is likely running but he would have a better chance for the more powerful position of Lt Gov against the hated Dan Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 543February 22, 2021 9:57 PM

[quote] It will be hilarious if the tax returns show nothing interesting.

We already know, courtesy of the NYT, that he didn’t pay any taxes at all for many years. And when he did pay, it was only $750.

I imagine there’s much more of interest to be found.

by Anonymousreply 544February 22, 2021 10:38 PM

Trump fires back at Supreme Court ruling in statement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545February 22, 2021 11:32 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Senate Hearing on Law Enforcement's Response to Capitol Attack; Sen. Ted "Cancun" Cruz's Hypocrisy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546February 23, 2021 10:44 PM

I am still troubled by the 2020 election. All those Senate races where the Dem lead all year in every poll, usually by double digits, only to end up losing, usually close to or in double digits? The Former getting so many votes when all the new/early votes were so strong for Dems?

The extreme reaction by republicans by losing the presidency is revealing and telling. “We cheated yet they still won by a lot. We cheated. They won. So, they must have cheated. They had to have cheated. We cheated big. It really was stolen.”

by Anonymousreply 547February 24, 2021 3:27 AM

FCI, is anyone in Washington talking about that? Is anything being looked into?

by Anonymousreply 548February 24, 2021 3:38 AM

It is being talked about but republicans have taken “it’s stolen” to such an extreme what would it look like if Dems did the same? You see what the republicans did there, right? The presidential polls were far, far more accurate than any senate poll.

I knew back in my Capitol days things were headed to a very bad place. I never realized it would be so terrible so quickly. The good news? We are finally in the game. We know exactly what we are dealing with now. We are fighting back on all fronts. We really need to get to Sinema, Manchin and maybe King. King may end up being a bit of a pain in our sides as well (I finally received some Senate scoop!). We’ll know how things will play out in the Senate within 6 weeks or less. We’ll see exactly where Sinema, Manchin and perhaps King are willing/not willing to do. I don’t understand how they think we can compromise with republicans after all the shit they pulled on us in that very Senate and after 1/6. We must expand out majority in the Senate in ‘22.

by Anonymousreply 549February 24, 2021 4:02 AM

Do you mean Kelly, R549?

by Anonymousreply 550February 24, 2021 4:10 AM

R550 No, Angus King. Trust me. He looks to be a bigger issue than we realize.

by Anonymousreply 551February 24, 2021 4:19 AM

R550 Watch the 60 Minutes interview with him. You will understand what I am saying.

by Anonymousreply 552February 24, 2021 4:20 AM

Interesting about 2022. Will it be a Democratic midterm where Democrats lose seats, or will it be a Trump free ballot where Republicans lose seats?

Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 553February 24, 2021 4:34 AM

What do Sinema, Manchin and King want - more pork for their states?

by Anonymousreply 554February 24, 2021 5:13 AM

Okay, FCI. So what can be done about it? Are you aware of Jennifer Cohn, Election Security Advocate? and Allison Greene from Grassroots Speak? Can't someone organize some citizen brigade and demand voting issues be further investigated?

The irony about Dominion, is it's one of the few companies that is completely clean.

by Anonymousreply 555February 24, 2021 5:35 AM

[quote] All those Senate races where the Dem lead all year in every poll, usually by double digits, only to end up losing, usually close to or in double digits?

I think most people agree that polling needs a major overall. Some of the polls were so ludicrous before the election. South Carolina is a good example. The notion that Harrison was ever ahead of Graham or even close is ridiculous. The question is open on whether the polling companies were just guilty of malpractice or if they did it intentionally

by Anonymousreply 556February 24, 2021 6:09 AM

R556, bullshit. The Graham, Tillis, McConnell, and Collins results were complete bullshit.

FCI, I know that the Repugs trumpeting their delusional crap about the stolen presidential election, etc. has muddied the waters but it seems like there was real cheating in those Senate races. Factual cheating with numbers and everything, unlike the Repug claims. So, couldn't there be legitimate investigations in Russian hacking, etc. I think the Repugs are very, very lucky that Covid is center stage right now. Hopefully once that is more under control, the real investigations into everything can begin. The real problem is going to be that there are about a million Repugs across the country that need to be investigated for numerous crimes. The media, unfortunately, is going to have to stop their bothsideristic bullshit for five minutes or nothing will ever come to light because they'll allow every Repug liar to spew their muddying garbage endlessly in the name of "fairness" even when the Democrats have facts and they have nothing but lies.

by Anonymousreply 557February 24, 2021 6:59 AM

I was more concerned about the Ernst, Collins, Tillis (a few more that I can’t think of right now) polls. Graham and McConnell did not surprise me at all.

The presidential polls were also way off in OH, IA, FL and others. I don’t think the polls were that off again. But those Senate polls were soooooo off and broke the gop way in almost every one. It was highly improbable. Some of it can be attributed to republican voters deciding to split the ticket in the prez race and Congress, wanting divided govt. Still, it doesn’t explain the facts about how off the polls were and almost all skewed in the republicans favor.

by Anonymousreply 558February 24, 2021 11:22 AM

Republicans Apparently Shocked To Learn Biden Nominee Shares Biden's Views | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559February 24, 2021 3:56 PM

Sen. Ron Johnson Promotes Conspiracy Theory During Hearing | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560February 24, 2021 4:21 PM

Slightly OT. The Congressional investigation into 1/6 is confirming just how organized were the militaristic shock troops at the front of the insurrection: grappling hooks, gas, diversionary pipe bombs, the whole nine yards.

I’ll bet that when/if they get to the bottom, it’ll be discovered that TRump’s dear friend, Erik Prince of Blackwater fame, had a hand in prepping the deadly, failed assault.

by Anonymousreply 561February 24, 2021 4:31 PM

Along with Trump himself and his cohorts r561....

by Anonymousreply 562February 24, 2021 4:37 PM

The "New" Republican Party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563February 24, 2021 5:29 PM

Ron Johnson is low intelligence like Turbeville.

Couple that with embracing corruption, yields disturbing characters.

by Anonymousreply 564February 24, 2021 5:41 PM

[quote]Ron Johnson, the Senate's Dumbest Republican (we're not ready to relinquish that title to Tuberville yet, sorry), has been showing his ass today. (Evergreen statement, we know!)

[quote]As we all know, this is far from the first time Johnson has read disinformation into the congressional record. It just doesn't appear to have been fed to him by agents of the Kremlin this time, but by the propaganda outlet run by Meghan "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" McCain's husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565February 24, 2021 6:19 PM

Putin has worked on cultivating his agents and human assets for a long time. It runs deep in the GQP, and he has ensnared several Republican Senators. Their greed is their Achilles heels. Knowing their sordid sexual activities is part of the dirt collected on some of them.

by Anonymousreply 566February 24, 2021 6:54 PM

The ladies truly showed that Ron Johnson really knows how to fill an empty suit.

I was waiting for Meghan to start singing Happy Birthday Mr. President, but she forgot the mole. A tribute to Micky Hargitay?

And Megan forgets that Biden is going after grassroots 60-70-80% Republicans.

So she can bleat all about being a never Trumper and never Democrat but Republican VOTERS like Joe's policies. Fuck da cunt.

Can't wait to see how Hot Psaki does with Meggy tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 567February 24, 2021 8:19 PM

For some reason this ^^^ post showed up on this thread when I was on a different thread.

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 568February 24, 2021 8:24 PM

Manhattan DA office has Trump's tax records, millions of pages of info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569February 25, 2021 3:46 PM

I’m sure they threw everything including the kitchen sink, R569. In no particular order.

by Anonymousreply 570February 25, 2021 6:02 PM

Mnuchin Reportedly Blending Final Days In Office Into Personal Moneymaking Venture | Rachel Maddow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571February 25, 2021 7:41 PM

Mnuchin needs the $$$ to bankroll his lovely and talented wife's career. I think we can all agree that larceny is acceptable if it pays for works of art such as this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572February 25, 2021 9:00 PM

Meanwhile, at the state level...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573February 27, 2021 2:51 PM

We're on a journey.

Sounds like Moses lost in the desert for 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 574March 1, 2021 9:06 AM

I wish I could share the strategy going forward republicans and conservatives are going to use to divide us. In the case many of the bad actors here don’t know the narrative and tactics they want to spread, I won’t share them here. It is nothing new but the what they are going to say is.

by Anonymousreply 575March 2, 2021 11:49 AM

Mother Jones' Ari Berman:

Breaking: Georgia’s GOP-controlled House passes new voter suppression bill #HB531 cutting weekend voting, restricting mail ballot drop boxes, adding voter ID for mail ballots, giving voters less time to return ballots & dramatically limiting runoff time after Dems won in Nov/Jan.

And now Georgia GOP senate committee has passed bill repealing no-excuse absentee voting, which Republicans wrote & defended until Dems started using.

by Anonymousreply 576March 2, 2021 11:52 AM

"The Little Mermaid called and wants her lyric back."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577March 2, 2021 3:44 PM

Georgia House Votes To Roll Back Absentee Voting Laws | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578March 2, 2021 3:47 PM

So is Biden going to be president after toady? Asking for Q.

LMFAO

What will the new date be when Biden stays president through the day? Or is the Former Guy just wearing a Biden mask?

by Anonymousreply 579March 4, 2021 11:42 AM

Rep. Eric Swalwell Sues Trump, Don Jr., Giuliani and Rep. Brooks for 1/6 Attack on the US Capitol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580March 6, 2021 6:22 PM

Trump's Children Could End Up In Serious Trouble From New York Investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581March 6, 2021 6:44 PM

Anyone buying that this is the reason Dump is visiting NY? On other fronts, it seems awfully quiet—no word leaking on anything re Dump indictments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582March 9, 2021 4:32 PM

Trump wouldn't know from a "hood" if I beat him over the head with one.

by Anonymousreply 583March 9, 2021 4:37 PM

Nicolle Wallace: The GOP Is Built On A Foundation Of BS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584March 9, 2021 5:02 PM

I say Trump was in NYC for a deposition.

by Anonymousreply 585March 9, 2021 11:27 PM

I meant to add to r585...a lot of the suits against trump are all going forward now...this is the time that Trump folds...right before the actual trial would start. I hope to God some of them dont settle out of court.

by Anonymousreply 586March 9, 2021 11:29 PM

We need the next thread made. I think with Merrick being AG we are going to see some treasoning uncovered.

by Anonymousreply 587March 10, 2021 4:13 AM

Has Garland been confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 588March 10, 2021 4:35 PM

YES HE HAS

by Anonymousreply 589March 10, 2021 6:46 PM

Hooray - Merrick just got confirmed per WaPo 70-30 (great!)

by Anonymousreply 590March 10, 2021 7:53 PM

sigh of relief

by Anonymousreply 591March 10, 2021 8:16 PM

Let the indictments begin!

by Anonymousreply 592March 10, 2021 10:55 PM

One of the biggest bipartisan votes for AG in decades according to NBC.

by Anonymousreply 593March 10, 2021 11:01 PM

I really hope Garland isn't a "let's move on" guy. I do expect a lot of things to wait until after the pandemic is more under control. Even though Biden has only been in for two months and everything has been overwhelmed by the pandemic, I feel like we're losing time. Fucking stalling asshole Repugs. Garland's vote should have taken a week.

by Anonymousreply 594March 11, 2021 2:59 AM

Garland said his firs personal order, he runs a department of thousands of attorneys doing thousands of investigations, was the 1/6 Trump Treason Day Riot.

Not moving on.

by Anonymousreply 595March 12, 2021 7:25 AM

[quote]Prosecutors in the Manhattan District Attorney's Office have discussed using a section of NY criminal procedure law that allows for the extension of the statute of limitations when a defendant has been out of state "continuously,” per ⁦@ KaraScannell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596March 12, 2021 5:48 PM

New thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597March 12, 2021 9:55 PM

And...

by Anonymousreply 598March 13, 2021 2:36 AM

now...

by Anonymousreply 599March 13, 2021 2:36 AM

Bajour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 13, 2021 2:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!