Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC - Part 19

It's still all about Vaughn.

Biden will be President.

Pelosi will be Speaker.

Stay tuned!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479December 7, 2020 9:26 PM

It will be so nice to look at smiling Joe instead of that orange turd!

by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2020 5:30 PM

I'm sure that the first state to announce that Biden won which puts him over 270 will be getting their police force together to warn them before making that announcement. That state seals the deal for Biden and will stir up the angry Trumpsters. There will be uprising in many places, but if I lived in Nevada or Pennsylvania or Georgia, I'd be worried about what would happen if my state was the one to call the election.

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2020 5:37 PM

States don’t announce anything for weeks. The media declares winners.

by Anonymousreply 3November 6, 2020 5:44 PM

It's been years since they started counting the ballots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 6, 2020 5:47 PM

Part 18 is not done yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 6, 2020 6:04 PM

No Pelosi as Speaker. Joe will be the transition into a new era of Dem leaders. Pelosi has done an amazing job, excelled at handing dump his ass over three+ years, but her skills will no longer be needed with Joe in office.

by Anonymousreply 6November 6, 2020 6:09 PM

Finally!

by Anonymousreply 7November 7, 2020 3:32 PM

Joe and Doc Jill are a great looking couple. Joe looks trim and healthy, and I like him in that cobalt colored suit he wears.

by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2020 11:15 PM

They do look so "all American", don't they, like Mr and Mrs "Father Knows Best"? And it's nice to see that a man Biden's age doesn't have to be an out of shape slob like Trump (who's 3 years younger and doesn't drink).

by Anonymousreply 9November 8, 2020 1:32 AM

Why don't we ever talk about some of the hot daddies on MSNBC?

I love Michael Steele, Glenn Kirschner, Jelani Cobb and Jon Meacham. Enough about Steve Kornacki.

by Anonymousreply 10November 8, 2020 1:42 AM

Even Trevor Noah was talking about Kornacki - specifically his ass - the other night on The Daily Show.

by Anonymousreply 11November 8, 2020 1:45 AM

[quote] Even Trevor Noah was talking about Kornacki - specifically his ass - the other night on The Daily Show.

Did he talk about how Steve Kornacki doesn't wipe well?

by Anonymousreply 12November 8, 2020 2:17 AM

I hate Ari's obsession with rap and hip hop.

by Anonymousreply 13November 9, 2020 12:40 AM

The other thread is almost full.

Thought I'd bump this one with a hilarious video of Ken Dilanian saying, "Oh shit! Fuck." Live on MSNBC with Craig Melvin. Rofl!

Someone else posted it on the part 18 thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2020 3:55 PM

Ken Dilanian's eyebrows are quite.... fierce.

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2020 3:56 PM

I think that Ken was embarassed because his Grindr app just popped up and people could hear the message notification tone!

He's definitely on the downlow. Married to an asian, so...

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2020 4:01 PM

My hero!

Thank you, Ken, for publicly expressing what we viewers have been shouting at our screens ten times a day for the past five years!

by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2020 4:06 PM

My computer tells me the Ken footage is unavailable for viewing :(

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2020 4:10 PM

^^publicly and on-air (editing my R17, above)

by Anonymousreply 19November 10, 2020 4:11 PM

What was Ken D. responding to/commenting on?

by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2020 4:21 PM

Doesn't seem to responding to anything Craig Melvin asked him, but in frustration with his Zoom connection or computer when he thought he wasn't on camera or audio, r20..

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2020 5:31 PM

I love Jelani Cobb and would cuddle with him for days. Ari needs to give up the rap thing, it's so contrived.

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2020 5:38 PM

I want to cuddle with Jelani and Michael Steele!, too

And who's that hunky black bear with the gap tooth often commenting on MSNBC? Love him the best (even if I can't recall his name or what he does).

by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2020 5:41 PM

Thanks, R21. I hoped he might be stating an informed opinion about so many voters going GOP in the election, but I guess that would be unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2020 5:41 PM

Countdown until Joe and Mika divorce in 3, 2, 1.....

by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2020 5:44 PM

[quote] Countdown until Joe and Mika divorce in 3, 2, 1.....

Citing irreconcilable differences.

Translation?

Joe is bipolar and batshit crazy, and Mika is a self-righteous, harpy shrew!

by Anonymousreply 26November 10, 2020 5:46 PM

Dumb, self-righteous, harpy shrew.

by Anonymousreply 27November 10, 2020 6:08 PM

Is Jelani Cobb gay?

We don't gossip enough about Cornell Belcher.

by Anonymousreply 28November 10, 2020 7:24 PM

Grrrr ... During today's segment with Jake Sherman, host Ayman Mohyeidin referred to the Democratic Party as the "Democrat Party." Slip of tongue or true colors?

by Anonymousreply 29November 10, 2020 8:13 PM

That is an established Republican slur against Democrats, R29.

I can't believe that Ayman made such a huge blunder. I have such a crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 30November 10, 2020 8:23 PM

A Republican is part of the Republican party. Same word.

A Democrat is part of the Democratic party. Different words.

It's easy to make that slip but if you want to hate this guy, go right ahead.

by Anonymousreply 31November 10, 2020 10:27 PM

Joy in her simple solid scarlet top tonight looks perfect. She should wear bold solid colors every night.

by Anonymousreply 32November 10, 2020 11:10 PM

[quote] MSNBC's election guru Steve Kornacki has moved on to analyzing Thanksgiving

MSNBC's election week chartthrob Steve Kornacki has undoubtedly been going through big board withdrawal ever since Joe Biden was declared the president-elect on Saturday. The nice people at Today, though, decided to throw him a bone — or perhaps more aptly, a turkey drumstick — and asked him to analyze a map of national Thanksgiving trends on the show Tuesday.

You could practically see the lights turn back on in Kornacki's eyes. "This is going to be such a fun break for me, I'm so used to doing this electoral map," he said, flipping over to a map that broke down the most popular Thanksgiving side dishes by state.

Kornacki proceeded to walk through the Today show hosts' home states, noting that many belonged to "stuffing country" in the northeast. Craig Melvin cut in, though, with the million dollar question: "Steve, can you get us to 270 using the Thanksgiving map?"

"This is an election that would be going to the House of Representatives," Kornacki quipped, before thoughtfully adding that "mashed potatoes get California. That's a lot of electoral votes…"

With just 16 days until Thanksgiving, @stevekornacki returns to the big board to break down the most popular sides dishes in every state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 10, 2020 11:52 PM

^ Is he wearing two layered shirts there? like Bannon? Is he sending signals?

by Anonymousreply 34November 11, 2020 12:51 AM

R31: This "slip" as you dismissively label it, became part of the Republican pejorative vernacular courtesy of your Orange idol. You, with your pitiful defense of the slur, are as much of an elephant's ass as donald.

"... but if you want to hate ..."

by Anonymousreply 35November 11, 2020 1:10 AM

I love the black cardiologist they talk to frequently about covid.

by Anonymousreply 36November 11, 2020 1:55 AM

Speaking of covid, Dr. Vin Gupta is surely gay, right?

And Bravo! He's doing a magnificent job.

by Anonymousreply 37November 11, 2020 2:03 AM

Why does everyone turn their nose up about Ari Melber liking or quoting rap music? What kind of music do you think he should like? You do know rap music is purchased by white males more than any other audience.

by Anonymousreply 38November 11, 2020 2:18 AM

It's only the ancient Datalounge Klan Grannies who have a problem with it, R38.

Just ignore them.

[quote] Speaking of covid, Dr. Vin Gupta is surely gay, right?

But he has a HUGE forehead!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 11, 2020 3:25 AM

(R38) because rap is crap.

by Anonymousreply 40November 11, 2020 4:34 AM

Ari Melber would be a wigger on TV if allowed.

Vin Gupta has a wife and a 3-year-old. He is south Asian and, like Rajesh Kuthrapali, only seems gay.

by Anonymousreply 41November 11, 2020 4:58 AM

R38 It's just too contrived and he's forcing himself to do it each and every single show. He needs to give it a break, and let it flow naturally. It's just so evidently scripted right now. All he gets from me on it is -- eye roll.

by Anonymousreply 42November 11, 2020 5:01 AM

R33 Don't let The Today Show producers ruin Kornacki. Glad I didn't see that segment.

by Anonymousreply 43November 11, 2020 5:04 AM

My Apple News had three — THREE — stories on Kornacki over the weekend, including a Buzzfeed article that probably had a title like, “You guys, we have to talk about...!”

It’s over. The masses have found him.

by Anonymousreply 44November 11, 2020 5:17 AM

Thanks for sharing the Thanksgiving Map, R33; it was good to see Steve let his hair down again.

No one does "korny" like Kornacki! Years ago when he hosted the weekend morning show "Up With Steve Kornacki," he would don a dated plaid sport jacket for the game show segment, quizzing that day's panel on the week's news stories. It was fun and informative, and you could tell he enjoyed playing the role. Ah, the good old days.

by Anonymousreply 45November 11, 2020 5:44 AM

Is the Washington Examiner legit? They had this article yesterday:

A former journalist-turned-presidential historian is no longer a paid MSNBC contributor following his failure to disclose his role in crafting the former vice president's campaign speeches.

Presidential historian Jon Meacham appeared twice on MSNBC Saturday to address Joe Biden’s victory speech in Delaware. On both occasions, the former Newsweek editor, who worked specifically on the former vice president’s Delaware speech, failed to disclose his role in shaping the address.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 11, 2020 11:30 AM

I don't know anything about the Wash Examiner but they write oddly. They refer to Meacham "crafting" the speech and "shaping" the address -- is that different from "writing" and, if so, what does it mean? At least they didn't say that he "authored" the speech/address, which is an egregious verbification, but why be so coy?

by Anonymousreply 47November 11, 2020 12:44 PM

[quote]Vin Gupta has a wife and a 3-year-old.

As a matter of fact, he has 3 children.

by Anonymousreply 48November 11, 2020 12:46 PM

MSNBC has commentators who've worked closely on Presidential elections all the time. It's no secret where their bias leans.

What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 49November 11, 2020 12:46 PM

So is Rachel positive for Covid, or what ? She's been in isolation since saturday, surely she has been tested by now. What's up ?

by Anonymousreply 50November 11, 2020 12:48 PM

No she's not positive, but when you comes in contact with someone who is POZ, you're supposed to self-isolate for a certain number of days ad then test to be sure you didn't catch it.

by Anonymousreply 51November 11, 2020 12:51 PM

Maybe Obamacare will be ok?

The Last Word @TheLastWord @neal_katyal, the former Acting Solicitor General, joins @Lawrenceto discuss “Trump’s failure” in the Supreme Court when two conservative Justices, John Roberts and Brett Kavanaugh, signaled their openness to uphold the Affordable Care Act.

by Anonymousreply 52November 11, 2020 12:53 PM

[quote] MSNBC has commentators who've worked closely on Presidential elections all the time. It's no secret where their bias leans. What's the problem?

Disclosure.

by Anonymousreply 53November 11, 2020 4:50 PM

Where is Jonathan Swan these days and his lovely wife Betsy Woodruff Swan? Didn't they used to be regular talking heads on MSNBC? Do they have another network outlet now?

I'm frankly surprised that Swan's career didn't skyrocket after his interview with tRump.

by Anonymousreply 54November 11, 2020 5:21 PM

Innocent mistake or not Dilanian should be suspended and this reminds me to go add Craig Melvin's name to the possible Jeopardy host thread.

by Anonymousreply 55November 11, 2020 6:53 PM

Continuing the Kornacki gon' Wild train, it was cute a moment ago to hear Aymin affectionately refer to him as "charthrobe and fashion icon." Kind of jealous actually, I would LOVE to hear Aymin lavish upon me....

I heard about the Meachem thing, don't know what gives.

I haven't noticed any difference between Rachel and Chris but I also haven't been watching Chris's hour. When we can move on past elections and coronavirus, I will be back. Y'all remember when Rachel had a little more journalistic freedom under "Lean Forward" *sigh* the good ol' days....

by Anonymousreply 56November 11, 2020 8:00 PM

Joy is wearing a great top today. White tunic collar with black frogs holding closed an asymmetric opening. She looks good.

by Anonymousreply 57November 11, 2020 9:40 PM

Ken Dilanian said he accidentally hung up on the MSNBC control room, which he assumed completely disconnected him and he was no longer on air.

[quote] Ken Dilanian@KenDilanianNBC ·

[quote] So sorry for the profanity I used on air last hour. I was experiencing some technical difficulties and mistakenly hung up on the control room, though my mic still was on. Perils of playing producer, cameraman and tech support all at the same time from home. #2020 🙃

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 11, 2020 10:06 PM

MSNBC has been running commercials featuring Kornacki at the Big Board, which I don't quite get the point of. Kornacki doesn't have a regular show, so it isn't like you can tune in expecting to see him.

by Anonymousreply 59November 11, 2020 10:09 PM

Sure you can, R59. He's on every hour of every day.

by Anonymousreply 60November 11, 2020 10:15 PM

Is the lack of disclosure re Jon Meacham considered his fault or MSNBC's?

by Anonymousreply 61November 11, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote] Is the lack of disclosure re Jon Meacham considered his fault or MSNBC's?

I don't consider it anything. Fox News hosts appear on stage with Trump at his rallies. Talk to Trump on the phone daily advising him. Lie lie lie and tell more lies. It is a nothing burger.

by Anonymousreply 62November 11, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote] Perils of playing producer, cameraman and tech support all at the same time from home. #2020 🙃

Poor Ken.

I'm sure he feels bad about what happened, but he's right.

In this stupid Covid era, guests appearing live on television cannot just be guests any more.

They have to do all the technical work, as well.

It's not fair, and people need to cut them some slack. He's only human.

by Anonymousreply 63November 11, 2020 11:52 PM

I think MSNBC has a great lineup, but I find Chris Hayes unwatchable. I cant stand his shrillness. He's not a good listener, or interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 64November 12, 2020 12:17 AM

I agree, R63. It's nothing we haven't heard before and innocent little kids aren't likely to be watching that network anyhow.

by Anonymousreply 65November 12, 2020 12:17 AM

Dilanian is not a "guest" appearing on TV. He’s an employee doing his job for his employer. He’s supposed to be a professional.

by Anonymousreply 66November 12, 2020 12:19 AM

[quote]I think MSNBC has a great lineup, but I find Chris Hayes unwatchable. I cant stand his shrillness. He's not a good listener, or interviewer.

He's a male Karen that likes to lecture the audience in his shrill voice.

by Anonymousreply 67November 12, 2020 12:24 AM

[quote] Dilanian is not a "guest" appearing on TV. He’s an employee doing his job for his employer. He’s supposed to be a professional.

R66, the job he applied for and was hired for didn't include handling all technical aspects and equipment from his home instead of broadcasting in a studio with technicians running the equipment and giving him directions. I wouldn't have agreed to do that job and he didn't either -- he was just shoved into it with no training and no choice in the matter. I think he's done pretty well for the last 8 months, under the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 68November 12, 2020 12:32 AM

R54 - Axios airs on HBO about every other week, and I just saw Jonathan Swan interviewing Rep. Ro Khanna of California the last time it was on.

by Anonymousreply 69November 12, 2020 12:36 AM

Jonathan Swan deserves a broader audience. I wonder if CNN or MSNBC have offered him anchor positions.

by Anonymousreply 70November 12, 2020 12:56 AM

"he was just shoved into it with no training and no choice in the matter"

So was everyone else including Claire McCaskill and all of those 70-something and 80-something former generals who appear on the network regularly. You don't hear them saying "Fuck!" on air.

by Anonymousreply 71November 12, 2020 12:11 PM

R70 - I love the way he reacts when the person he interviews says stupid shit . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 12, 2020 12:34 PM

Biden has hired 4 MSNBC contributors for WH roles: health expert Ezekiel Emanuel, legal analyst Barbara McQuade, political analyst Richard Stengel and historian Jon Meacham.

by Anonymousreply 73November 12, 2020 5:44 PM

I think it's generally network policy that paid commentators can't concurrently work for a campaign or political cause. At MSNBC Steve Schmidt left for a while when he was hired by Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz who was contemplating a presidential run. Dan Goldman left when hired by House Democrats during impeachment proceedings. Mimi Rocah left when she ran for Westchester County DA. At one point, even odious Newt left Fox to consult for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 74November 12, 2020 5:59 PM

I hope someone keeps a chart comparing the changes in Trump staff month by month to the change in Biden staff. Something tells me that the Biden chart will have much more space on it. The Trump list will be closer to the first few seasons of Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 75November 12, 2020 6:14 PM

[quote] MSNBC Cuts Loose Two More Contributors With Biden Transition Ties

MSNBC is shedding more contributors as numerous on-air figures join President-elect Joe Biden’s transition efforts.

On Tuesday, an MSNBC spokesperson confirmed that Barbara McQuade and Richard Stengel will no longer be paid contributors after both were announced as part of Biden’s agency review teams, which will help prepare the incoming administration to work with existing agencies. McQuade, a legal analyst for MSNBC/NBC News and University of Michigan Law School professor (and occasional Daily Beast contributor), was listed as a member of the president-elect’s Department of Justice Review team; Stengel, an MSNBC political analyst, was listed on the Biden review team for the United States Agency for Global Media.

MSNBC cutting ties with the two paid contributors comes just one day after the network cut loose several other contributors that have worked with Biden’s campaign or transition efforts.

Following a New York Times report that historian Jon Meacham had assisted the president-elect’s team with speechwriting—a fact he did not disclose on-air even while commentating on Biden’s victory speech—the network ended paid-contributor deals with him and Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, an MSNBC medical expert who was appointed to Biden’s coronavirus task force this week.

According to a network insider, both Meacham and Emanuel are still permitted to appear on the network as guests with proper disclosures of their Biden ties, but could no longer be paid contributors while working with the president-elect’s team.

NBC News and MSNBC do not allow their on-air contributors to endorse or run for office while appearing as a paid analyst on the network. According to the Washington Post, NBC News does not allow staff to work for a political campaign or political action committee while being paid by the network.

While many networks have similar rules, others often allow their personalities to engage in informal political activities on behalf of campaigns that seem to push the boundaries of traditional mainstream journalistic ethics.

And, in some cases, the lines have been blurred even further. For example, Fox News hosts like Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro have appeared on-stage at rallies with President Donald Trump, while other Fox stars have routinely made paid speaking appearances at Republican Party events and fundraisers. And on CNN, paid contributor Ana Navarro hosted a fundraiser for Biden this year, while Van Jones has acted as an informal advisor to the Trump White House on criminal-justice reform matters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 12, 2020 6:15 PM

But what about Joyce Vance???

by Anonymousreply 77November 12, 2020 6:22 PM

Hope she stays on. Now I won't get Joyce and Barbara mixed up anymore.

by Anonymousreply 78November 12, 2020 6:24 PM

Joyce was off for a few months.

She's full time faculty at U of A since leaving as Obama's AG there. Would she leave MSNBC work and a nice faculty position where she write at her leisure for an administration position?

by Anonymousreply 79November 12, 2020 6:32 PM

MSNBC won’t be needing so many legal commentators once Trump and his crime cronies have left the scene.

by Anonymousreply 80November 12, 2020 6:36 PM

Hire Rachel to be the White House Press Secretary!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 81November 12, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote] Hire Rachel to be the White House Press Secretary!!!!!

Lord, no.

Rachel would bore people to tears!

She's far too academic, to effectively speak to the American public.

by Anonymousreply 82November 12, 2020 6:46 PM

[quote]McQuade, a legal analyst for MSNBC/NBC News and University of Michigan Law School professor (and occasional Daily Beast contributor), was listed as a member of the president-elect’s Department of Justice Review team; Stengel, an MSNBC political analyst, was listed on the Biden review team for the United States Agency for Global Media.

The DB should've noted that both Stengel and McQuade have government experience.

He was Under-Secretary of State for Obama, and she was a U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 83November 12, 2020 7:18 PM

Ari Melber for Press Secretary!

Time for rap lyrics to enter the world of WH Press briefings.

by Anonymousreply 84November 12, 2020 7:20 PM

Did you see Ari subbing in for the first hour of Deadline: White House yesterday afternoon and going on a looooooong conversation with Robert Costa about his Washington Post pillow? You could tell that Robert was having none of it and would have gladly slapped Ari upside the head if he could have. He was definitely NOT smiling about it and was curt/dismissive when Ari was babbling on about karate chopping his pillows.

by Anonymousreply 85November 12, 2020 7:29 PM

Steve Kornacki is the Mariah Carey of MSNBC. Just like Mariah is only relevant during the holidays, Steve is only relevant during election season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 12, 2020 7:56 PM

I’ll miss daddy Jon Meacham on air

by Anonymousreply 87November 12, 2020 7:59 PM

Steve who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 12, 2020 8:02 PM

The election is only days away and you're ready to toss Steve in the trash. Gays are so fickle.

by Anonymousreply 89November 12, 2020 8:13 PM

R88, it isn't that Twitter won't verify him. He has turned it down. He doesn't WANT the blue check.

by Anonymousreply 90November 12, 2020 8:38 PM

r87, me2

by Anonymousreply 91November 12, 2020 8:43 PM

Can't remember now where I read it but apparently, Jon Meacham will continue with MSNBC duties even with his new administrative job.

by Anonymousreply 92November 12, 2020 10:39 PM

The reason I find Ari's rap references so ludicrous is he reads them with the whitest Jewishest voice imaginable. Half the time I don't even realize he's reciting rap until he pauses at the end and wait's for the laughing reaction from his guest, many of whom also don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 93November 12, 2020 10:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 12, 2020 10:46 PM

Nice draped lavender top with a hint of black camisole on Joy tonight. Her stylist is improving, I think.

by Anonymousreply 95November 12, 2020 11:02 PM

Joy's body movements are out of control tonight. Sit still and look at the camera!

by Anonymousreply 96November 12, 2020 11:57 PM

"The Uptight White Guy Wants to Seem Young and Hip So He Quotes Rap Lyrics" is such a boring, dull cliche. Where's the black woman who quotes Country music lyrics? Where's the young white guy who quotes Broadway showtunes? Where's the older black guy who quotes Thrash Metal lyrics? ANYTHING other than an old white guy quoting Lil Wayne. ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 97November 13, 2020 12:38 PM

Joy is wearing a 1970s gold glitter disco shirt over yesterday's black camisole. What is she thinking????

Hire a new stylist and listen to her/him!

by Anonymousreply 98November 13, 2020 11:01 PM

R98 I think her gold blouse is the BUSINESS ❤👍

by Anonymousreply 99November 13, 2020 11:36 PM

I think the gold blouse could work but styled differently, not worn over a black camisole. And it looked like she had it tied in a knot at her waist. Of course it wasn't, we couldn't see her waist, but that was the effect.

by Anonymousreply 100November 14, 2020 12:28 AM

It really looked like a bathrobe.

by Anonymousreply 101November 14, 2020 12:32 AM

It's like an aerobics outfit.

Her wardrobe person must be on holiday or her producer is slacking off.

by Anonymousreply 102November 14, 2020 12:49 AM

R102, most adult women are able to dress themselves without professional help. What's her problem?

by Anonymousreply 103November 14, 2020 12:56 AM

R97: None of you would pay attention or talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 104November 14, 2020 2:42 AM

When are they going to make a decision about who will permanently host Joy's former weekend slot?

by Anonymousreply 105November 14, 2020 3:53 AM

R105 I like Tiffany cross. But they’ll probably go with Jonathan capehart.

by Anonymousreply 106November 14, 2020 3:55 AM

Whatever happened to David Gura? I haven't seen him in months and months. I liked his weekend morning show.

by Anonymousreply 107November 14, 2020 3:56 AM

Wow...just searched and it was reported in Adweek just today that David announced today was his last day at MSNBC. I see that he also announced it nine hours ago on Instagram. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 108November 14, 2020 4:06 AM

He was placed on probation last year, the higher ups must be fed up.

by Anonymousreply 109November 14, 2020 4:16 AM

Why was David Gura on probation?

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 110November 14, 2020 4:29 AM

Gura was ok, but I never really warmed up to him.

The writing has been on the wall for him for quite a while. He's hasn't had much to do on the network in months.

by Anonymousreply 111November 15, 2020 6:27 PM

Gura was basically a less interesting Steve Kornacki.

by Anonymousreply 112November 15, 2020 8:07 PM

Chris Hayes speaks very fast, at the top his vocal range, stammers a lot, uses a lot of upspeak, and practically every third word is "like".

by Anonymousreply 113November 15, 2020 8:07 PM

I don't know why they didn't keep Gura on as a weekend anchor.

I would rather watch him than that blowsy porn MILF Alex Witt.

by Anonymousreply 114November 15, 2020 8:08 PM

Farewell, then, David Gura.

We'll always have that uneaten plate of baked goods to remember you by.

by Anonymousreply 115November 15, 2020 8:08 PM

Does anyone know why TPTB soured on him?

by Anonymousreply 116November 15, 2020 8:09 PM

his donut schtick on Up! was cute but he's overrated in the looks and personality department

by Anonymousreply 117November 15, 2020 8:37 PM

I enjoyed David Gura and his frosted doughnuts but imagine he was easily expendable as a white man. MSNBC has clearly made an effort of bringing POC to all of their shows, many as anchors on the weekend or subbing, and in general as talking heads. Often now a panel will consist of a majority of POC.

I applaud them for that, especially as so often the topics under discussion deal with racism, which sadly seems to pervade so many aspects of the news.

by Anonymousreply 118November 15, 2020 10:45 PM

Agree, R113. I keep wondering if he's just a hypomanic personality or if it's substance related, but he wears me out.

OTOH, I think he's the smartest one they've got, including Rach, and waaayyy past Lawrence, Ari, Joy, Brian (though Bri can schmooze with the best of them)

by Anonymousreply 119November 15, 2020 11:35 PM

Brian Williams isn't stupid and has long experience to draw on -- also, he can be funny. I love Rachel Maddow, who's both funny and smart. The rest of the regulars are tedious and boring. I love Ali Velshi, both because he always does a great job and also because he's such a welcome relief when he subs for someone grating like Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 120November 16, 2020 12:17 AM

R113 Nicole stutters just as much when she's extemporaneously speaking. I think they try to be careful but they seem at a loss for words often.

by Anonymousreply 121November 16, 2020 1:02 AM

I just want straight people to figure out that Khaki is a color, similar to buff, and Chino is a twill weave.

What Korn-snacki has been wearing are brown broadcloth trousers.

by Anonymousreply 122November 16, 2020 6:00 AM

I like Ali Velshi's voice and smarts, but I don't look at him when he's on--he's the least "telegenic" of the MSNBC stars.

by Anonymousreply 123November 16, 2020 12:22 PM

r122, but Steve trousers are chinos, as they are a cotton twill weave.

by Anonymousreply 124November 16, 2020 12:25 PM

R123, I agree that Velshi isn't pretty but it's easy to look elsewhere while he's talking and I'm just glad to have someone worth listening to on a TV news show.

by Anonymousreply 125November 16, 2020 12:33 PM

Does Ali have a boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 126November 16, 2020 3:25 PM

Ali has numerous lovers, but no boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 127November 16, 2020 3:38 PM

So they are Brown Chinos?

by Anonymousreply 128November 16, 2020 4:52 PM

Yes, r128, chinos can come in any color including the color khaki.

Khakis can only come in the color khaki (tan).

by Anonymousreply 129November 16, 2020 5:07 PM

Boyfriend? What makes y’all think Velshi is gay? I thought he was married. Face for radio, yes, but very informative and good speaking voice.

What’s Nicolle gonna do when Trump is out of office? Who posted that Vox detail on Deadline: White House about its “shtick?” The article basically summarized the show like this: A bunch of aggrieved former Republicans gathering to one up each other with clever and intelligent insults of Trump and his administration.

Sounds about right. What’s she going to talk about when there is some semblance of normalcy returning to the White House?

by Anonymousreply 130November 16, 2020 9:16 PM

He totally pings to me, R130.

No mention of a girlfriend.

Economic conservative, but social liberal.

He's like Kornacki.

by Anonymousreply 131November 16, 2020 9:23 PM

From Wiki:

Velshi was married briefly in his twenties. In 2009, he married his second wife, New York-born hedge fund manager Lori Wachs, the president of Philadelphia-based Cross Ledge Investments, whom he met when she was a guest on his show. The couple has one child together, a daughter. Velshi lives in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 132November 16, 2020 9:41 PM

According to Wikipedia, Ali Velshi is married for the second time and the couple has a daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 16, 2020 9:42 PM

Wow, that's surprising R132 and R133.

I honestly thought he was gay but quiet about it.

by Anonymousreply 134November 16, 2020 10:32 PM

[quote] What’s Nicolle gonna do when Trump is out of office?

What are any of these people going to do for content after Trump, R130? The whole lot of them, on MSNBC and CNN have been all Trump, all the time since 2016. Hey guess what, assholes? There is actual stuff happening in the world that you could (and should) be reporting on. Something besides how much Trump SUCKS 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 135November 16, 2020 11:10 PM

[quote]What’s Nicolle gonna do when Trump is out of office?

There are GOP assholes in power across the 50 states, from Governors down, she can go after them.

And as R135 says, discuss the news outside DC.

by Anonymousreply 136November 16, 2020 11:25 PM

Joy is sporting one of her old chunky necklaces.

As soon as we said she's turned a new leaf, bam.

by Anonymousreply 137November 16, 2020 11:27 PM

[quote] Joy is sporting one of her old chunky necklaces.

Girl, fix your wig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138November 16, 2020 11:28 PM

Trump is going to provide many hours of entertainment when he is out of office.

by Anonymousreply 139November 16, 2020 11:37 PM

I know that the Pres of the USA can't be completely ignored by news shows. But Trump is an extreme narcissist and they not only thrive on attention, they require it. So I hate to see everyone on TV discussing him constantly and I hope that will stop when he leaves office. I appreciated George W. Bush disappearing by Obama's inaugural ball -- of course Trump won't do the same but maybe the cameras and microphones could be turned away from him and stay there, just follow a squirrel or something.

by Anonymousreply 140November 17, 2020 12:16 AM

If the R's keep the Senate, it's still gonna be hell. And it might get worse after 2022 - I think the map for the House is especially challenging for the D's.

The rage machine channels will give us plenty to vent about - and to hear the MSNBC peeps help us through.

by Anonymousreply 141November 17, 2020 12:17 AM

Ali’s not gay—he’s Canadian. Can be confusing.

by Anonymousreply 142November 17, 2020 6:03 PM

When is Rachel Maddow coming back?

by Anonymousreply 143November 17, 2020 6:13 PM

[quote] When is Rachel Maddow coming back?

Never.

I'll be taking over her 8 pm slot.

by Anonymousreply 144November 17, 2020 6:16 PM

Rachel twitted that quarantine is "no fun". Really ? She's a millionnaire required to stay at home for two weeks, what's the issue ?

by Anonymousreply 145November 17, 2020 7:39 PM

Rachel Maddow can burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 146November 17, 2020 7:40 PM

No fun for Rachel, maybe, but her absence gives me great pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 147November 17, 2020 8:57 PM

If Stephanie Rhul can work from home, WTF with Rachel?

by Anonymousreply 148November 17, 2020 11:40 PM

Steve Patterson was on with Hallie Jackson this morning.

He looked really hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 18, 2020 6:06 PM

Steve is hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 150November 18, 2020 6:15 PM

What the hell happened to Willie Geist? He shouldn't be on the air looking like he got beat up in a bar fight.

by Anonymousreply 151November 19, 2020 10:45 AM

[quote] What the hell happened to Willie Geist? He shouldn't be on the air looking like he got beat up in a bar fight.

Gay trick gone bad?

Maybe he was cruisin' the wrong place.

by Anonymousreply 152November 19, 2020 12:10 PM

Pic of Willie please

by Anonymousreply 153November 19, 2020 3:12 PM

I noticed Willie's face, especially his eyes, looked very tired and worn this morning.

What's his story? I'm fairly new to Morning Joe.

by Anonymousreply 154November 19, 2020 3:15 PM

Willie always looks like that. The guy probably gets no sleep.

He's on air at 6 am, which means that he probably wakes up at 3 am.

Not only that, but sometimes he stays up pretty late. I remember watching him on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live, and thinking.."he has to be up in four hours."

The early morning show people have it the worst.

by Anonymousreply 155November 19, 2020 3:19 PM

There was a little banner on the Morning Joe screen that said Rachel is back on her show tonight!

Rachel's back!

by Anonymousreply 156November 19, 2020 3:20 PM

I think he had been crying.

by Anonymousreply 157November 19, 2020 3:21 PM

But God forbid Joe and Mika could announce that Rachel is back.

by Anonymousreply 158November 19, 2020 3:22 PM

Vaughan?

by Anonymousreply 159November 19, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote] But God forbid Joe and Mika could announce that Rachel is back.

Joe has never had a good relationship with Rachel.

From the very beginning, I think he was jealous of her success. It's not that he doesn't like liberals/progressives, because he has many on his show. He just doesn't like HER.

I remember the election coverage in 2012 when Rachel was first on the election night coverage panel. Joe actually was on that panel too, and he was in a completely different room from Rachel. Not at the anchor desk with her, but on camera in a different room. I remember thinking how strange that was.

Even with some of the biggest stories she has covered, and biggest interviews she has done, Rachel has never been on Morning Joe. And Joe has had pretty much every other MSNBC host on his show, including Lawrence O'Donnell.

I think the only ones who have never been on Morning Joe are Rachel and Chris Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 160November 19, 2020 3:28 PM

Why hasn’t Rachel been able to just do her show from home? Nicolle always does.

by Anonymousreply 161November 19, 2020 3:29 PM

[QUOTE] think the only ones who have never been on Morning Joe are Rachel and Chris Hayes.

Butterball Chris Hayes talks too much (almost as much as Rachel).

by Anonymousreply 162November 19, 2020 3:31 PM

I should point out that Morning Joe is a good place for other MSNBC hosts to appear when they're promoting something, especially since he's on first thing in the morning, and it lets people know what's coming up in the evening.

Whether it's an interview, or a book, or something big, the other MSNBC hosts always show up on Morning Joe to promote it.

That's why I pointed out that Rachel and Chris have never been on Morning Joe. So you know that there's bad blood between them.

by Anonymousreply 163November 19, 2020 3:34 PM

R160 - It all stems back to this interaction over a decade ago. It never ceases to amuse. He simply can't stand to be bested by a woman. Which explains why he chose Mika.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 19, 2020 3:39 PM

Not to mention Rachel’s books.

by Anonymousreply 165November 19, 2020 3:42 PM

R97, That "young white guy who quotes Broadway tunes"?

Pretty much describes DL!

by Anonymousreply 166November 19, 2020 3:48 PM

Scarborough walked off right after the interaction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 19, 2020 3:52 PM

Do we think Ari has a hairy hole?

by Anonymousreply 168November 19, 2020 4:49 PM

Biden has hired 4 MSNBC contributors for WH roles:

health expert Ezekiel Emanuel,

Chief of the Department of Bioethics at the Clinical Center of the U.S. National Institutes of Health. Emanuel served as Special Advisor for Health Policy to Peter Orszag, the former Director of the Office of Management and Budget - he's on the Covid-19 Advisory Board.

legal analyst Barbara McQuade,

McQuade was an assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Michigan from 1998 until becoming U.S. Attorney in that same district. She was also a professor of law at University of Detroit Mercy School of Law from 2003 to 2009.

McQuade was appointed by President Barack Obama and started her term as U.S. Attorney on January 4, 2010. Upon taking office in January 2010, McQuade restructured the office for the first time in more than 35 years to align attorney resources with the priorities of the district: national security, violent crime, public corruption, civil rights and financial fraud, including mortgage fraud, health care fraud, and environmental crimes.[6]

political analyst Richard Stengel

Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs,[41] the role responsible for leading "America's public diplomacy outreach, which includes communications with international audiences, cultural programming, academic grants, educational exchanges, international visitor programs, and U.S. Government efforts to confront ideological support for terrorism,"

and historian Jon Meacham.

by Anonymousreply 169November 19, 2020 5:29 PM

Stengel:

Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs,[41] the role responsible for leading "America's public diplomacy outreach, which includes communications with international audiences, cultural programming, academic grants, educational exchanges, international visitor programs, and U.S. Government efforts to confront ideological support for terrorism,"

McQuade:

McQuade was an assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Michigan from 1998 until becoming U.S. Attorney in that same district. She was also a professor of law at University of Detroit Mercy School of Law from 2003 to 2009.

McQuade was appointed by President Barack Obama and started her term as U.S. Attorney on January 4, 2010. Upon taking office in January 2010, McQuade restructured the office for the first time in more than 35 years to align attorney resources with the priorities of the district: national security, violent crime, public corruption, civil rights and financial fraud, including mortgage fraud, health care fraud, and environmental crimes.[6]

Emanuel:

Chief of the Department of Bioethics at the Clinical Center of the U.S. National Institutes of Health. Emanuel served as Special Advisor for Health Policy to Peter Orszag, the former Director of the Office of Management and Budget in the Obama administration.[15]

by Anonymousreply 170November 19, 2020 5:34 PM

Sorry for the double post, the first one disappeared and I re-did it but now they're both there.

by Anonymousreply 171November 19, 2020 5:40 PM

Why can't Sleepy Joe hire people who haven't appeared on the left-wing, socialist MSNBC? That just proves he's a socialist.

by Anonymousreply 172November 19, 2020 5:47 PM

Lol at R164.

Rachel came in hot!

by Anonymousreply 173November 19, 2020 5:49 PM

Why couldn't Trump hire people who weren't on the right wing fascist Faux Noise?

by Anonymousreply 174November 19, 2020 5:54 PM

R169 all great choices but what did he hire the historian for?

by Anonymousreply 175November 19, 2020 6:14 PM

Tonight at 10 pm the whole hour of the Last Word will be Obama interviewed by Jonathan Capehart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 19, 2020 6:15 PM

I am positive Meacham is advising on which norms BIDEN can break.

by Anonymousreply 177November 19, 2020 6:16 PM

He had the historian/writer help his speechwriters, rather informally. Meacham's not a Biden hire.

I saw Meacham on Lawrence O'Donnell last night as a guest so there's obviously not an issue with him appearing, he's just no longer on retainer.

by Anonymousreply 178November 19, 2020 6:32 PM

I've been watching Rachel for a long, long time and I remember how much she criticized the Republicans--all Republicans--during the McCain vs. Obama campaign. There was a lot of nasty accusations made about the Obamas and Democrats in general by a whole host of Republicans during that nasty campaign and Rachel didn't hide her disgust.

Rachel HATES Republicans. It's no surprise that she wants nothing to do with Joe and Mika.

by Anonymousreply 179November 19, 2020 10:44 PM

so glad Rachel's back tonight

MSNBC has been worried as the last few weeks during and since the election, CNN has been winning the news key demo wars

by Anonymousreply 180November 19, 2020 10:46 PM

MSNBC has been fine, R180, they send their love!

MSNBC Tops Fox News on Saturday, Caps Highest-Rated Week Ever

Election coverage over the past few days has handed MSNBC a big win in the ratings November 10, 2020 @ 10:10 AM

Election coverage from Nov. 2 to Nov. 8 has handed a major ratings win to MSNBC, which had the highest-rated week in its 25-year history, according to Nielsen Media Research ratings data.

Total viewers averaged 2.9 million, according to Nielsen. In the advertiser-coveted age demographic of viewers between 25 and 54, MSNBC averaged 736,000 viewers. The network says that’s its highest-rated week since the week of March 17, 2003, the week the Iraq War started.

Saturday was the highest-rated Saturday in the history of the cable news channel and was its second-highest-rated day ever. MSNBC’s first highest-rated day was Election Day, last Tuesday.

On Saturday, MSNBC’s coverage of speeches by President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris outperformed ratings juggernaut Fox News. The Democratic election winners drew a record-breaking 9 million average total viewers. In the key 25-to-54 demo, those speeches brought in an average of 2.5 million. The speeches were the highest-rated program in MSNBC’s history.

MSNBC’s special coverage on Saturday, when Biden and Harris were officially declared the winners by all the major news outlets, also topped Fox News every hour from 8 a.m. ET to 3 a.m. ET in both total average viewers and viewers in that key age demographic. This win included a special edition of MSNBC’s morning show “Morning Joe,” which ran from 8 a.m. ET to 1 p.m. ET.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 19, 2020 10:53 PM

R180, why did you lie so blatantly about that?

by Anonymousreply 182November 19, 2020 10:54 PM

R181 and R182 what lie?

check the rankings for the last few weeks. CNN has mostly been winning. Not total viewers but key demo, which determines rankings. MSNBC has been doing fine but CNN is doing better in key demo. That cannot be disputed

check showbuzzdaily

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 19, 2020 11:04 PM

Uh-huh.

Key demo my grandad's withered dick, R183.

We see you, lying cunt.

by Anonymousreply 184November 19, 2020 11:08 PM

Who’s Vaughn?

by Anonymousreply 185November 19, 2020 11:08 PM

R184 clearly you don't understand tv rankings then.

by Anonymousreply 186November 19, 2020 11:10 PM

I wonder if spastic Steve helped ratings that week. He was trending on Twitter and a few MSM outlets did write ups about "Kornacki Day _ Without Sleep"

by Anonymousreply 187November 19, 2020 11:11 PM

R186, of course I understand them - I was raised on them - and Q ratings (the original Q ratings not the crazy trumpian Qs of today) - but that's a story for another day.

Your post was misleading, probably deliberately so, and here you are still yapping about it. Shut up.

Yes, everyone IS thrilled that RACHEL IS BACK TONIGHT because although I am a big Ali Velshi fan, I have missed Rachel Maddow these past two weeks.

I remember, years and years ago, people were talking here about who should be new MSNBC hosts and I got my head taken off for asking "Who's Rachel Maddow?" Oooh the lesbians were fierce and fast with their disdain and shock that I was so uncultured and low-information.

Anyway, now I've been watching her every day for years and I miss her when she goes fishing. I hope she got some fishing in while quarantining because fishing is a good excuse to get away from everyone anyway. More people should use it more often.

by Anonymousreply 188November 19, 2020 11:19 PM

R188 it wasn't misleading so that means you misunderstood it. No need to get so sensitive so just stop. CNN has been winning the key demo over MSNBC recently

Rachel is a ratings juggernaut especially in the key demo so obviously MSNBC is thrilled to have her return tonight. That's all there really is to say. I hope she wins the news war ratings tonight

by Anonymousreply 189November 19, 2020 11:26 PM

Just go away, R89. Go.

by Anonymousreply 190November 19, 2020 11:30 PM

[quote]Election coverage from Nov. 2 to Nov. 8 has handed a major ratings win to MSNBC, which had the highest-rated week in its 25-year history, according to Nielsen Media Research ratings data.

Single-handedly due to Steve Kornacki and his Big Board.

by Anonymousreply 191November 19, 2020 11:35 PM

MSNBC sucks on weekends.

by Anonymousreply 192November 19, 2020 11:36 PM

100% agree, R191. MSNBC owes every election rating point to one Mr. Steve Kornacki.

by Anonymousreply 193November 20, 2020 12:12 AM

Except for Ali Velshi, r192. He has a very smart show.

I recall reading that he took a teaching position at Wharton in Philadelphia and requested the move to weekends.

by Anonymousreply 194November 20, 2020 12:16 AM

Meh. Brian Williams, Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid and Nicolle Wallace also did a lot of election coverage. I like their roster of commentators.

Kornacki was the twitter/instagram/ticktock darling but their whole team was enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 195November 20, 2020 12:17 AM

Brian and Nicole were enjoyable; Joy and Rachel were definitely not. And they all just sucked up air time waiting for the return of Steve.

by Anonymousreply 196November 20, 2020 12:21 AM

Brian and Nicolle are capable of humor; Rachel is not.

by Anonymousreply 197November 20, 2020 12:22 AM

Rachel has a sense of humor, in person. But she’s really high strung.

Why does this news network not cover international news or anything other than politics?

by Anonymousreply 198November 20, 2020 12:24 AM

Of course Rachel's capable of humor. When Trump was on his hydrochloriquine (sp?) kick, she cracked about needing quinine for her gin and tonic later that evening. Before the first debate she said something to the effect of Trump needing to "bite the head off a bat" to come off poorly. Post debate: Well, he kind of did it." She banters well with others. Both of these instances were on panels.

by Anonymousreply 199November 20, 2020 12:35 AM

Maddow's actually very funny but you know, different tastes and so on.

I miss Joy Reid on AM Joy on the weekend but I like her show, The Reid Out. Of all their weekend hosts I actually miss Chris Hayes the most. He had a great show.

by Anonymousreply 200November 20, 2020 12:44 AM

I saw msnbc legal commentator and Georgetown U law professor Paul Butler at Number Nine (gay bar in D.C.) before the pandemic. He was tall and quite sexy.

by Anonymousreply 201November 20, 2020 12:49 AM

Very weird start to the Rachel show.....

by Anonymousreply 202November 20, 2020 1:03 AM

omg Rachel lol this is a mess

by Anonymousreply 203November 20, 2020 1:04 AM

so it was Susan who tested positive that's why Rachel is in quarantine

Susan has had symptoms but is recovering

by Anonymousreply 204November 20, 2020 1:05 AM

Rachel demonstrating why she shouldn’t be working from home...

by Anonymousreply 205November 20, 2020 1:05 AM

that is the most lesbian looking home office I've ever seen

by Anonymousreply 206November 20, 2020 1:06 AM

Rachel literally ranting on live TV right now...

by Anonymousreply 207November 20, 2020 1:08 AM

Is Rachel wearing her black blazer?

by Anonymousreply 208November 20, 2020 1:08 AM

Poor Susan.

by Anonymousreply 209November 20, 2020 1:11 AM

Is Rachel broadcasting from home because her hour is losing ratings with the substitute hosts?

If not -- why not wait until the end of quarantine and then she can have proper makeup and lighting in the studio? Some things (such as her home decor) are better left to the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 210November 20, 2020 1:17 AM

Nicolle tapes from her basement every day and it looks completely like her studio appearances. Why can’t they do that with Rachel?

by Anonymousreply 211November 20, 2020 1:20 AM

The guest has the same decoration style. Holy color coordination!

by Anonymousreply 212November 20, 2020 1:22 AM

[quote] Nicolle tapes from her basement every day and it looks completely like her studio appearances. Why can’t they do that with Rachel?

I'm guessing that MSNBC technical people paid a visit to Nicolle's house to turn her basement into a makeshift studio. But Rachel is still in quarantine, so nobody can go into her house.

by Anonymousreply 213November 20, 2020 1:24 AM

Yeah, I thought Rachel's first guest was sitting in her dining room.

by Anonymousreply 214November 20, 2020 1:29 AM

I love Rachel and I'm thrilled that she's back but her show tonight looks like a cable access TV show from the early 80's.

by Anonymousreply 215November 20, 2020 1:34 AM

She has a shitty webcam.

I’m still cracking up about that woman being a talent booker at The Cartoon Network.

by Anonymousreply 216November 20, 2020 1:38 AM

I am so glad Jonathan Capehart got the Obama interview and NOT Joy Reid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217November 20, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote] I love Rachel and I'm thrilled that she's back but her show tonight looks like a cable access TV show from the early 80's.

Her basement decor does bear some resemblance to "Wayne's World."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218November 20, 2020 1:44 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219November 20, 2020 1:47 AM

Who said she applied it herself during high school?

by Anonymousreply 220November 20, 2020 1:52 AM

Most high school pics are touched up by the photographer. That's part of what you pay for.

by Anonymousreply 221November 20, 2020 1:54 AM

She's a lesbian, this surprises you how? They are not exactly known for glamor and high quality video. I'm surprised she didn't have a flannel sofa in the background.

by Anonymousreply 222November 20, 2020 1:59 AM

When did Jonathan Capehart go bald??

by Anonymousreply 223November 20, 2020 2:07 AM

He's always been nearly bald, he just teases what he has with a cake cutter.

by Anonymousreply 224November 20, 2020 2:16 AM

I have ZERO problem with Rachel not wearing makeup but couldn’t an MSNBC makeup person call her and tell her which products to pick up from CVS and then teach her how to apply the drugstore makeup via Zoom?

Hopefully, she said to her producer, “I don’t want to” and they said “OK.” But if that’s true, just tell us, “I’m at home and don’t want to wear makeup.”

Maybe I thought about this too much....

by Anonymousreply 225November 20, 2020 2:58 AM

You'd think after years of going daily to hair and makeup at NBC Studios, Rachel would've picked up a few tips.

by Anonymousreply 226November 20, 2020 3:04 AM

I'm sure it's only about Rachel not WANTING to wear makeup.

by Anonymousreply 227November 20, 2020 3:24 AM

She's not ranting, she's talking about how her wife almost died of Covid while she couldn't be anywhere near her or help because she had to be in quarantine.

Of course she's upset, it's fine to chat about it. Rachel always does a long monologue opening.

by Anonymousreply 228November 20, 2020 4:20 AM

I'm glad that both women are OK -- what a horrible experience to go through.

by Anonymousreply 229November 20, 2020 4:24 AM

Rachel being uncharacteristically religious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 20, 2020 5:48 AM

Et tu, Rachel?

Is there at least one atheist in the msnbc stable?

by Anonymousreply 231November 20, 2020 6:04 AM

Now I understand Rachel's comment about quarantine being "no fun", I thought it was weird to complain about having two weeks off. Her wife has a bad case of Covid and she's been away from her. That's a different story. Rachel must have been freaking out.

Initially I thought if it were me, I'd stay with my partner, but I hadn't thought about the risk of infecting the partner with even more stuff. You can actually finish someone with Covid off like that.

Scary times.

by Anonymousreply 232November 20, 2020 9:06 AM

Like a lot of you guys, I saw as it happened that Maddow v. Scarborough rhetorical rumble posted at r164, and remember going "Ooooh, that was uncomfortable" (for Scarborough).

Rachel wasn't taking shit from him.

I've been hate-watching morning MSNBC since the old days when Dead Don Imus had the current MJ slot. Scarborough has mellowed, believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 233November 20, 2020 11:22 AM

Forgot to add the obvious- Maddow is, by light years, smarter than Scarborough.

by Anonymousreply 234November 20, 2020 11:24 AM

Scarborough now saying what lots of people have wondered.

Why aren't Giuliani's adult children intervening with him?

by Anonymousreply 235November 20, 2020 11:29 AM

Giuliani's daughter was on Rachel's show (or was it one of the other evening shows?) about a couple of months ago and showed disdain for her father. She lives in LA and has distanced herself from him physically and emotionally. She voted for Biden. She made it clear that she has no control over her dad and was as perplexed as anyone over his madness/foolishness.

by Anonymousreply 236November 20, 2020 1:27 PM

After the bitter divorce from Donna, both Rudy's daughter and son sided with their mother. But the son wants more money and fame (his dreams of being a tennis star didn't pan out) so he's back in the fold with daddy. I'm sure that when the money runs out that the daughter will be back with daddy too.

by Anonymousreply 237November 20, 2020 3:17 PM

I thought that Rachel was Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 238November 20, 2020 3:17 PM

She was raised Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 239November 20, 2020 4:52 PM

Andrew Giuliani works in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 240November 20, 2020 7:14 PM

Apparently, she still is Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 241November 20, 2020 7:15 PM

What's the black thing on her wall?

by Anonymousreply 242November 20, 2020 7:31 PM

I think those black iron things are the clasps that hold a rolling wooden closet door on its track.

by Anonymousreply 243November 20, 2020 7:33 PM

She has a stuff Airedale and a picture of one on the bookcase.

by Anonymousreply 244November 20, 2020 7:38 PM

Is Andrew Giuliani the chubby son that jumped all over Rudy in press conferences in the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 245November 20, 2020 7:55 PM

^ and he was just diagnosed with Covid, and exposed Rudy and the entire Trump legal team.

by Anonymousreply 246November 20, 2020 7:59 PM

I remember that, r245. I think it happened at Giuliani's first mayoral inauguration ceremony and everyone thought it was so adorable.

by Anonymousreply 247November 20, 2020 7:59 PM

R247: That's right. It was Rudy's inauguration. And Chris Farley played him in an SNL skit.

by Anonymousreply 248November 20, 2020 8:10 PM

I miss Jill

haven't seen her on in a while

they should now that they're talking about federal election laws

by Anonymousreply 249November 20, 2020 10:24 PM

R246 " and he was just diagnosed with Covid, and exposed Rudy and the entire Trump legal team."

So what? What's the point? They don't die like they're supposed to. Most of them don't eve suffer..... Herman Cain hardly counts!

by Anonymousreply 250November 20, 2020 11:55 PM

David Gura is a fan of Countess Luann, as is Philippe Reines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251November 21, 2020 12:03 AM

[quote]Most of them don't eve suffer..... Herman Cain hardly counts!

Nein! Nein! Nein!

by Anonymousreply 252November 21, 2020 12:55 AM

Last night, Rachel Maddow thanked a guest for her prayers and said "I'm a believer". I realize that a lot of people turn to religion in a crisis, but being "a believer" sounds more serious than that. So now I think less of her, which is too bad because I used to admire her a lot -- not as much as Colbert, but same general letdown feeling.

by Anonymousreply 253November 21, 2020 12:25 PM

I saw that, too, r253.

"Prayer" can be synonymous with meditations, well wishes, good vibrations. It's just that Christians, to its diminishment, have appropriated that word and act.

I'm a non-believer myself and describe myself as such.

Christianity is a myth. As such, I'm a non-believer in it, although I have no beef with with those who seek to conform their behavior on that of a tolerant, forbearing, merciful Jesus who couldn't be bothered to pre-occupy himself with the sex lives of others.

Or, Maddow could be a fiercely believing Catholic.

I don't know, but I too thought her remark was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 254November 21, 2020 1:10 PM

Live and let live.

Whatever gives a person peace is ok by me, so long as it doesn’t infringe upon the well-being of others.

by Anonymousreply 255November 21, 2020 1:45 PM

In 2020, there are much more dangerous enemies in the world than a spiritual lefty like Rachel. But of course, the left eats its own.

by Anonymousreply 256November 21, 2020 1:48 PM

I'm not religious in any way, R253, but I do believe in prayer. Not a formal one, but a general good vibes, good thoughts or good health put out into the universe.

by Anonymousreply 257November 21, 2020 2:18 PM

I don't understand why people are thinking less of Rachel, just because she claims to be religious.

She's the same person that she was, before you knew she was relgious. And you liked her then, didn't you?

Don't be so judgmental.

It's like someone saying they think less of you now that they know you're gay. It's not cool.

She is on the "right side," meaning that she fights for liberal and progressive causes, she's highly intelligent, she's gay, and she's a very decent person. That's all that should matter to us.

by Anonymousreply 258November 21, 2020 3:10 PM

Rachel made me a delicious Manhattan at her pop-up bar at the msnbc White House Correspondents Dinner after-party. It took place at the Embassy of Italy in D.C. I was there pretty early so we had a nice conversation and she made herself a drink alongside mine and then we took a selfie.

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 259November 21, 2020 4:03 PM

It’s not fair to hold faith against a Catholic. The church has had millennia to work out exactly how to indoctrinate them as children. And, it has props like St. Peter’s and the Sistine Chapel and fabulous costumes.

by Anonymousreply 260November 21, 2020 4:04 PM

[quote] The church has had millennia to work out exactly how to indoctrinate them as children. And, it has props like St. Peter’s and the Sistine Chapel and fabulous costumes.

Not to mention the threat of condemning you to eternal hell and damnation, if you're not faithful.

by Anonymousreply 261November 21, 2020 4:07 PM

And promising heaven if you say, “sorry.”

by Anonymousreply 262November 21, 2020 4:09 PM

R254, You're obviously young and haven't been faced with anything scary in your life. One of these days you will, and your disbelief will go right out the window. Just wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 263November 21, 2020 4:17 PM

Hey - could somebody please explain to me why I'm seeing promos for CNN on MSNBC? At first I thought I was on the wrong channel, but no.

Anyone else see these? Am I delusional?

by Anonymousreply 264November 21, 2020 4:30 PM

[quote] Hey - could somebody please explain to me why I'm seeing promos for CNN on MSNBC?

They're probably ads inserted by your cable provider, not ads coming directly from MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 265November 21, 2020 4:36 PM

I'd rather see the CNN ads than those horrible pleas for money by the ASPCA. Are they just in the NY area? If anything pushes me to change the channel, it's those ads with the sad and suffering dogs.

by Anonymousreply 266November 21, 2020 5:20 PM

And one cat. Cat’s suffer too, but they’re stoic, so it’s not photogenic. Dogs are drama queens.

by Anonymousreply 267November 21, 2020 5:43 PM

I get the suffering animals in California too. I can't stand it. We need a kill switch for after we donate. I gave - stop tormenting me.

by Anonymousreply 268November 21, 2020 6:01 PM

I had heard her say she'd take double the prayers or as many as she could get and she needed them the day before. I noticed it but didn't think much about it.

The "I'm a believer" comment last night caught my attention. I'm not going to say that I think less of Rachel but I do wonder now whether she believes in fairy tales.

If you're looking for an atheist at MSNBC, try Lawrence O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 269November 21, 2020 6:03 PM

I prefer the tigers and elephants of the WWF.

by Anonymousreply 270November 21, 2020 6:13 PM

I'm reading in the latest issue of "New York Magazine" about Steve Kornacki's "pert rear-end." LOL.

by Anonymousreply 271November 21, 2020 6:17 PM

Why would you possibly care, r269. The woman does her job, presents news with her own analysis for your perusal, take it or leave it. Why do you care if she says a rosary at night? As if it’s your business. Leave people to do what calms them, I’m all for atheism and agnosticism but when you mess with other people’s expression you come off as a fascist to me.

by Anonymousreply 272November 21, 2020 6:17 PM

Am I "messing with other people's expression" in some way? It's invisible but perhaps you can see things others can't.

Actually, I think you're a crackpot looking for an argument and you haven't got a leg to stand on, dear. I was quite clear that due to her announcement of "belief" last night, I now question whether Rachel believes in fairy tales. If any other person I had generally presumed to be sane, literate, educated and a non-believer in fairy tales came out for Jebus, I'd wonder about them too.

So what? I'm allowed and fuck you for messing with my expression.

Also, you use this word "fascism" I do not think it means what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 273November 21, 2020 6:29 PM

A trite and simple response, r273.

You fail to see that you deliberately called out Rachel Maddow for her beliefs.

Why can’t you just leave it alone. Let her have her thing and you have yours. Is that so difficult?

by Anonymousreply 274November 21, 2020 6:39 PM

PS. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

by Anonymousreply 275November 21, 2020 6:41 PM

R274, welcome to the Datalounge. Here, we comment on Gay Gossip, Politics and Pointless Bitchery.

I do not "fail to see that I called out Rachel Maddow for her beliefs."

I said that I wonder whether she actually believes in fairy tales - and I'm still wondering.

I fail to see why it's any reason to call me a "fascist" which was totally retarded.

I fail to see why you have appointed yourself as the arbiter of what we may and may not discuss on the datalounge.

I fail to see why commenting on what a public person says on national television is suddenly "off limits" on the datalounge (according to you).

I wonder if Rachel Maddow believes in fairly tales. So what?

Go kayaking. Take a drive. Walk your rescue dog. Complain about the food other people eat. Surely you can find something else to entertain yourself with this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 276November 21, 2020 6:49 PM

R276 sounds defensive.

Why would you belittle her beliefs by calling them a fairy tale? That’s as much a smackdown as I can figure.

The fact is that neither you nor Rachel know what’s out there, if anything.

YOU decided a fairy tale: cool enough. But you also have NO idea, no proof better than anybody what is or isn’t out there, and your shutting down conversation and belittling others’ thoughts is fascistic.

I’m done now. Toddling off. No gripes with you and glad to spar together. We’ll meet again.

by Anonymousreply 277November 21, 2020 7:06 PM

Christ. You're both tedious.

by Anonymousreply 278November 21, 2020 7:09 PM

I really am, r278.

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 279November 21, 2020 7:11 PM

R277, please toddle off and take your medication.

If you don't know why people refer to imaginary sky gods as fairly tales, particularly in the gay community, it's not my job to educate you.

I presume you're the "No one can say anything critical or question anyone with a vagina because it's violence against wimmin" troll.

Medication - take it.

by Anonymousreply 280November 21, 2020 7:17 PM

Where does The Rev get his suits? He looks like an aging chorus boy from a dinner theatre Guys and Dolls tonight.

by Anonymousreply 281November 21, 2020 9:56 PM

I really find this Alicia Menendez woman to be super-annoying. So dull and blah. Yasmin Vossoughian has more charisma than her.

by Anonymousreply 282November 22, 2020 10:18 PM

Mark Halperin has resurfaced at Newsmax.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283November 22, 2020 11:12 PM

Hah. NewsMax or OANN are the only "news" entities that wil take this shit stain. From ABC News political director and best selling author to this. The mighty take a splat. I wonder what Jon Heillman thinks.

by Anonymousreply 284November 23, 2020 2:43 AM

Huge crush on John Heileman! He'd be so much fun in bed, I just know it.

by Anonymousreply 285November 23, 2020 4:28 AM

John Heilmann is a low-key Republican. He is the DC swamp people talk about. Sort of handsome? Yes. But his hands are obviously dirty...

by Anonymousreply 286November 23, 2020 8:59 PM

Low key Republican?? How do you figure that, r286?

by Anonymousreply 287November 23, 2020 9:02 PM

I find Eli Stokols so sexy. I bet he’s fun in bed.

by Anonymousreply 288November 23, 2020 9:15 PM

He is, R288.

by Anonymousreply 289November 23, 2020 9:17 PM

I still miss the panels of guests.

by Anonymousreply 290November 23, 2020 9:21 PM

Ben Collins, the guy who reports on internet conspiracies, is a real hottie. Gay?

by Anonymousreply 291November 23, 2020 9:22 PM

Ben Collins must be gay, the grooming, the voice!

Also a Stokols fan but he always seems so dour and tortured. Though it's almost part of his appeal, I'm not sure he'd be so much fun in bed.

by Anonymousreply 292November 23, 2020 9:26 PM

What, r290?? They have panels of guests all the time, they're just not in the same room. And this way we get to see a little of their home life, pets and interior decoration (John Heilemann wins hands down on that score).

by Anonymousreply 293November 23, 2020 9:28 PM

I love Heilemann’s dog, Fife.

by Anonymousreply 294November 23, 2020 9:32 PM

OMG, who is this Kuntyanne Jr rambling over Ari Melbar like a robot?

by Anonymousreply 295November 23, 2020 11:00 PM

Wigs and weaves flying between Joy Reid and Michael Steele.

by Anonymousreply 296November 23, 2020 11:30 PM

What was that about, R296? I was at work with MSNBC on as background noise when the sound of it becoming foreground noise reminded me it was past time to switch to local news. I could tell from the tone there was a problem of some sort, though.

by Anonymousreply 297November 24, 2020 4:35 AM

I knew those Lincoln project guys would convert back to just being normal republicans after this election. Michael Steele is still carrying water for the gop establishment. Good on joy for calling his ass out.

by Anonymousreply 298November 24, 2020 4:44 AM

Some have left the GOP; others were just anti-Trump. They never promised to support a Democratic agenda.

by Anonymousreply 299November 24, 2020 4:58 AM

R299 but they had no problem raising millions and millions of dollars from liberals with nothing to show for it. It was an elaborate scam. MSNBC should clear their airwaves of these guys

by Anonymousreply 300November 24, 2020 5:02 AM

They raised the money being entirely open about who they were and what they were about.

by Anonymousreply 301November 24, 2020 5:03 AM

Jesus. Morning joe has turned into one big promo for joes book. How many damm segments are they going to do on it?

by Anonymousreply 302November 24, 2020 12:47 PM

Is that available to watch anywhere, R298? I like him and don't like her (nothing to do with politics, just the way they each behave on TV). I'm surprised if she turned on him, since I've generally seen her support all black people no matter what (though I did stop watching her some time ago) -- but maybe he's "not black enough" for her?

by Anonymousreply 303November 24, 2020 2:37 PM

I really want to see Sam Brock shirtless. He’s another sexy one.

by Anonymousreply 304November 24, 2020 2:41 PM

Was it election night when they had had Rachel, Nicole and Joy hosting? I remember Nicole calling Rachel out when Rachel tried to correct her. And there was one time when R talked over Joy and when J turned her head, you could see the eye roll.

MEOW!

by Anonymousreply 305November 24, 2020 3:05 PM

Why did they move move Kasie Hunt to early morning? Did it have something to do with the kid? I mean, its not a bad gig if you can deal with the time and she often bleeds over into Big head's show. Her Sunday afternoon show was usually redundant after all the news makers did their thing on the sunday morning shows. I liked Yasmin and Ayman Mohyeldin.

by Anonymousreply 306November 24, 2020 3:17 PM

What did Joy call Michael Steele out for?

There are varying degrees of conservatism on LP from George Conway to Kurt Bardella who seemed to have a scales falling from his eyes transformation. (see attached) I think some of the core members are going through or have gone through some heavy cognitive dissonance and have moderated their views and admitted mistakes and misjudgments. Stuart Stevens wrote a Mea Culpa book about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307November 24, 2020 3:19 PM

Is Kasie still covering Congress in addition to her morning gig?

by Anonymousreply 308November 24, 2020 3:21 PM

Joy Reid vs Michael Steele:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 24, 2020 3:29 PM

Joy was 100% correct. People like Marco Rubio don’t give a shit about their constituents. Michael Steele knows that because he doesn’t care either. Say what you will about AOC but she truly does care about the people she serves and wants to do anything in her power to help them.

by Anonymousreply 310November 24, 2020 3:32 PM

It's a relief for the likes of Steele and the Lincoln Project to have Biden in office.

Without Trump in the WH, they can now return to their usual MO of going after Democrats instead of having to take down fellow Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 311November 24, 2020 3:43 PM

Michael Steele and Steve Schmidt have been on MSNBC for years now, and I thought they left the GOP a while ago. What is the end game here, for them? I doubt the GOP will take them back. Isn’t there more money to be made if they continue to market themselves as ex Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 312November 24, 2020 3:46 PM

Thanks, R309. I appreciate being able to read the conversation rather than having to watch Reid (in that horrid blouse). She seems to have no use for a calm, measured, considered approach and thinks that excitement/passion = dedication/depth. That seems to come naturally to AOC but Reid isn't young enough to carry it off, she just seems shrill and superficial (despite the animated facial expressions and head wagging).

by Anonymousreply 313November 24, 2020 3:48 PM

Schmidt did leave the GOP. I don't think Steele did.

by Anonymousreply 314November 24, 2020 3:58 PM

[quote]I knew those Lincoln project guys would convert back to just being normal republicans after this election.

They never ceased to be normal Republicans.

Republicans who "left" the GOP only left Trumpland, or what the Republican party has become.

They haven't left behind their conservative values.

Their argument is that it was Trumpers who left their conservative beliefs behind.

In that light, understand that those of us who had profound philosophical issues with those Lincoln Project people in a pre-Trump world will continue to have issues with them because they're still the same people.

These "former" Republicans served their purpose in helping getting rid of Trump - think of it as "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" - but now it's back to our old battle positions. They served their purpose.

by Anonymousreply 315November 24, 2020 4:01 PM

[quote]thinks that excitement/passion = dedication/depth.

This is a feature of MSNBC. On average, CNN hosts have a much calmer even keel tone.

by Anonymousreply 316November 24, 2020 4:19 PM

R316

Agreed about the style of hosts' demeanor on MSNBC. CNN pays corrupt trash like Chris Christie and viciously homophobic hate-mongers like Rick Santorum to be contributors though. Giving money to the anti-gay equivalent of a KKK grand wizard and a guy who shuts down bridges for political revenge is inexcusably unethical in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 317November 24, 2020 4:33 PM

Btw, can someone please tell Reverend Al how to pronounce Kamala's first name correctly?

It's really not that hard...

by Anonymousreply 318November 24, 2020 4:34 PM

I’m pretty sure poor Andrea Mitchell is having a series of mini strokes on her show today. She sounds hoarse and is unable to complete sentences, even more so than usual. So sad. Where’s her family?

by Anonymousreply 319November 24, 2020 4:35 PM

She’s married to a 94 year old r319. She’s the young one in her family. She probably seems spiritely to Alan Greenspan.

by Anonymousreply 320November 24, 2020 4:58 PM

Andrea is always well dressed, though.

by Anonymousreply 321November 24, 2020 5:28 PM

I don't think Michael Steele was being both sides. I think he was being realistic about what legislators have to do to appease their constituents. Joy picked a fight with him so she could go off.

by Anonymousreply 322November 24, 2020 5:29 PM

That's what Joy Reid does and that's why I don't like her. Nothing to do with race or past (?) homophobia. As time goes by and her co-workers see this side of her, I expect they lose respect for her.

by Anonymousreply 323November 24, 2020 11:25 PM

I love Joy but I'd rather make out with Michael Steele.

by Anonymousreply 324November 25, 2020 12:46 AM

So what if she's a practicing Catholic, she's on the right side of issues as far as I'm concerned and that's all that matters to me.

by Anonymousreply 325November 25, 2020 1:11 AM

Joy doesn't wear well with me.

I wish she'd stop harping on her guests about Trump not conceding. He ain't gonna. Should the stupid, selfish ignorant asshole do so? Of course. But she keeps on it when she should have dropped that over a week ago.

She also, to use on old-fashioned word, was so presumptuous when, in a breathless, pearls-clutching tone, she asked a long-time journalist who has covered Biden for decades whether Biden knew what he was dealing with when it comes to Mitch McConnell.

*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 326November 25, 2020 10:30 AM

Madeleine Albright, Doris Kearns Goodwin and Michael Beschloss, all on Morning Joe this morning in their fabulous wigs talking about Harry Truman but only Maddy's was on straight.

by Anonymousreply 327November 25, 2020 12:59 PM

I wouldn't mind entering Ben Collin's no-no

by Anonymousreply 328November 25, 2020 1:34 PM

My great-grandfather was Secretary of Interior under Harry Truman.

He also had an affair with Little Edie Beale.

by Anonymousreply 329November 25, 2020 2:44 PM

Well, my Aunt works for the phone company, r329

by Anonymousreply 330November 25, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote] Madeleine Albright, Doris Kearns Goodwin and Michael Beschloss, all on Morning Joe this morning in their fabulous wigs talking about Harry Truman but only Maddy's was on straight.

Is Michael Beschloss ill? He doesn't look well.

by Anonymousreply 331November 25, 2020 8:16 PM

[quote] Madeleine Albright, Doris Kearns Goodwin and Michael Beschloss, all on Morning Joe this morning in their fabulous wigs talking about Harry Truman but only Maddy's was on straight.

I caught that interview and it was awesome.

Those three are TITANS of historical knowledge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332November 25, 2020 8:20 PM

I wouldn't say Beschloss looks ill so much as a bit unkempt. He needs the hair and makeup crews.

by Anonymousreply 333November 25, 2020 10:38 PM

Someone needs to do an intervention with John Flannery and take away his oversized patriotic bow ties. And maybe give him a haircut suitable to his age. I love him but it's honestly very hard to take him seriously looking like that.

by Anonymousreply 334November 25, 2020 11:03 PM

I didn't leave the channel on but, new talent at MSNBC? Ellison Barber was the name...

by Anonymousreply 335November 27, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote] new talent at MSNBC? Ellison Barber was the name

Apparently, she joined NBC in April from Fox News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336November 27, 2020 7:38 PM

Besides being a very nasty person on the inside, I've come to the conclusion that Yasmin Vossoughian isn't attractive at all.

She looks like the Wicked Witch of the West.

I really, really dislike her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337November 28, 2020 12:31 AM

I think they moved Yasmin out of the 5am slot because she was too harsh to listen to and look at that early for most people.

by Anonymousreply 338November 28, 2020 12:37 AM

[Quote]Besides being a very nasty person on the inside,

Who? Her or you? If her, evidence please.

by Anonymousreply 339November 28, 2020 12:59 AM

R338 I disagree about Yasmin being harsh. She's not bubbly like Stephanie Ruhle, but her delivery is fine. She has resting bitch face, but it's not intentional. Lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 340November 28, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote] too harsh to look at that early for most people.

She’s too harsh to look at whenever she’s on. Seriously, I can’t.

by Anonymousreply 341November 28, 2020 2:12 AM

Haven't seen Danny Cevallos for some time now. It makes sense, though, that the prosecutors are busy prepping for their commentary on the pending criminal charges against Orange It.

by Anonymousreply 342November 29, 2020 7:20 AM

Any other Cal Perry fans here? I think he's a very cute version of a young straight daddy. He needs to smile more though, something Garrett Haake and Morgan Chesky have learned (not so easy to do in masks, lol).

MSNBC did a little feature on Cal traveling back to the UK where he actually lives because his wife is British.

by Anonymousreply 343November 29, 2020 1:30 PM

When are they going to get a permanent host for AM Joy? It’s been 6 months

by Anonymousreply 344November 29, 2020 3:44 PM

Or at least change the name to Velshi Joy or Whoever Joy.

by Anonymousreply 345November 29, 2020 5:30 PM

No, it would be AM Velshi.

by Anonymousreply 346November 29, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote] When are they going to get a permanent host for AM Joy? It’s been 6 months

I really hope they give Maria Teresa Kumar that time slot.

She is so good at hosting.

I was watching her this morning, and she is the perfect blend of smarts with personality. I could watch her all day long.

Funny how MSNBC gives the absolute WORST hosts a show (looking at JOY REID), but with fantastic on-air talent like Maria Teresa Kumar, all she gets is a substitute hosting job.

Not only that, but she's a Latina, and currently MSNBC has no Latinos - men or women - currently hosting any show on the network.

The people in charge of MSNBC are fucking idiots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347November 29, 2020 9:21 PM

Ali Velshi is another gem on MSNBC.

I love how he covers the stories that no one else is covering.

This morning, he was reporting from a Native American reservation, talking about the impact of Covid on indigenous people.

It was so informative.

by Anonymousreply 348November 29, 2020 9:22 PM

It would be AM Ali, surely?

by Anonymousreply 349November 29, 2020 9:58 PM

I like seeing different hosts on AM Joy

by Anonymousreply 350November 29, 2020 11:01 PM

[quote] I think they moved Yasmin out of the 5am slot because she was too harsh to listen to and look at that early for most people.

If you think Yasmin's face is harsh to look at, that's not even the worst of it. She has a giant birth mark that covers one of her legs, giving her a purple leg. Thank God they only shoot her from the waist up. Warning: The link may be disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351November 29, 2020 11:10 PM

Couldn't Yasmin have the birthmark removed?

I think she used to be on HLN. I didn't like her on there either.

by Anonymousreply 352November 30, 2020 12:04 AM

It's not really her looks. She just always has that resting bitch face and seems pissed off all the time.

by Anonymousreply 353November 30, 2020 12:26 AM

[quote]Not only that, but she's a Latina, and currently MSNBC has no Latinos - men or women - currently hosting any show on the network.

They have Alicia Menendez hosting now on Sunday evenings.

by Anonymousreply 354November 30, 2020 12:29 AM

[quote] It's not really her looks. She just always has that resting bitch face and seems pissed off all the time.

Thanks for posting that, R351.

Now I think I understand a little bit more about why Yasmin seems so eternally pissed off.

I'm guessing it's a defense mechanism.

She must have been incredibly insecure as a child, growing up with her birthmark.

Not knowing anything about her, I just assumed she was an unpleasant bitch. But who wouldn't be, if you had to grow up with that thing on your leg. Having to hide it from people, and possibly being made fun of.

It just goes to show (once again), that you can't judge a book by its cover.

by Anonymousreply 355November 30, 2020 12:32 AM

I'll take 100 Maria Teresa Kumars over 1 Joy Reid, ANY DAY.

by Anonymousreply 356November 30, 2020 1:38 AM

Alicia Menendez is terrible. She always looks like a deer in the headlights.

by Anonymousreply 357November 30, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote] I'll take 100 Maria Teresa Kumars over 1 Joy Reid, ANY DAY.

I think I messed that up.

It should probably be "I'll take 1 Maria Teresa Kumar over 100 Joy Reids, any day."

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 358November 30, 2020 1:46 AM

I see that MSNBC's Neera Tanden has been nominated by Biden as his WH Budget Director, but talking heads there are saying she may not get approved by the Repugs, of whom she's been highly critical over the years.

Though I was somewhat slow to appreciate Neera because of her rather high nasal voice, I do love her! Nobody on MSNBC has given Trump more fearless side eye. If she does win the position I hope we won't lose her on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 359November 30, 2020 4:10 PM

That would be a petty reason to reject.

by Anonymousreply 360November 30, 2020 4:39 PM

Can’t Biden just make Neera “acting” director and call it day? That’s what Trump did.

by Anonymousreply 361November 30, 2020 5:30 PM

Poor Andrea Mitchell is getting dragged on twitter for saying on her show that Biden wasn’t “transparent” about his ankle injury. It’s high time for her to retire

by Anonymousreply 362November 30, 2020 8:29 PM

[quote] Poor Andrea Mitchell is getting dragged on twitter for saying on her show that Biden wasn’t “transparent” about his ankle injury. It’s high time for her to retire

Fucking senile old bitch.

For four years, Donald Trump shit on the Constitution and hid EVERYTHING from the public.

Yet I didn't hear a fucking peep out of her.

And NOW she has something to say?

Bitch, TAKE A SEAT. In fact, have SEVERAL seats.

by Anonymousreply 363November 30, 2020 9:26 PM

Oh my god I almost had an aneurysm reading that Andrea MItchell's bullshit quote about Biden's "lack of transparency" with his ankle injury..

Just. Fuck. Off.

by Anonymousreply 364November 30, 2020 9:52 PM

Former RNC spokesman Tim Miller....who's had him? Is he gay? Does he have a man bun that he keeps tucked at the nape? He's so handsome and very smart. Beautiful bone structure and skin. How could he ever have been a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 365November 30, 2020 9:53 PM

He’s very much out, R365.

by Anonymousreply 366November 30, 2020 9:59 PM

Wow, I'm now googling all about Tim Miller! Interesting, I had no idea. I see him all the time on MSNBC but, of course, his sexual orientation has never come up.

by Anonymousreply 367November 30, 2020 10:05 PM

What's with his hair?

by Anonymousreply 368November 30, 2020 10:21 PM

Yeah, look at The Bulwark for his most recent "thoughts" about leaving the GOP. His political history and trajectory are so mish-mashed with his own gay identity struggle and desire to suppress how his own party hated him.

Kurt Bardella, who totally repudiated Trump, despite prior GOP allegiances understood how he was used.

by Anonymousreply 369November 30, 2020 10:33 PM

Was he a Log Cabinette?

by Anonymousreply 370November 30, 2020 10:41 PM

alex witt, the big blonde older lady on weekends.....wtf???? why????

by Anonymousreply 371November 30, 2020 11:23 PM

Tim Miller is hideous.

Inside and out.

His dirty politics shows on his nasty face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372November 30, 2020 11:24 PM

^^^Ewww!!!

Guys fuck him?

by Anonymousreply 373November 30, 2020 11:25 PM

Phil Rucker has a beautiful corner apartment on the 2nd or 3rd floor, with a very nice view of the street below.

It's the quintessential NY scene, and his window wraps around the corner of the building, so he has a panoramic view of the street below.

I was mesmerized by his background, and what a cute place he has.

I wish I did a screen capture this morning, so I could have posted it here.

by Anonymousreply 374December 1, 2020 5:32 AM

Vaughn was looking cute yesterday morning on Stephanie Ruhle's show.

Kris Jansing was filling in for Stephanie, and she had Vaughn reporting.

He looked so adorable.

Have we determined if he's a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 375December 1, 2020 5:36 AM

^yes, he's as much said so.

by Anonymousreply 376December 1, 2020 5:36 AM

R374–why does the Washington Post’s Chief White House Correspondent live in New York?

by Anonymousreply 377December 1, 2020 5:43 AM

Oh dear, R377. I could definitely be mistaken.

I just assumed it was New York, because most of the morning guests live in NYC.

And the background definitely looked like Manhattan. But it just as easily could have been Washington.

I really have no idea. But it was still a beautiful apartment with a lovely view.

by Anonymousreply 378December 1, 2020 5:47 AM

Phil Rucker lives in D.C. I’ve seen him a couple times in the Adams Morgan neighborhood (which is where I think this apartment might be located).

by Anonymousreply 379December 1, 2020 1:26 PM

Guess he was thinner then. Still a cutey though.

Philip Rucker – Reddit AMA:

When I was even younger, I was a competitive figure skater!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 1, 2020 1:40 PM

Love Phil Rucker and also Ashley Parker, his sometime writing partner at WaPo. I'll stay up at night just to watch their appearances on Brian Williams. I always wonder about their informed "sources" inside the tRump White House....how do they get them to expose the secrets?

by Anonymousreply 381December 1, 2020 2:23 PM

Ashley Parker and Phil Rucker are both *very* likable. I can see them getting sources very easily.

by Anonymousreply 382December 1, 2020 4:41 PM

My late dog and I loved watching "Philly Ruck-Ruck" as we affectionately called him. He seems to be a very nice man.

by Anonymousreply 383December 1, 2020 8:12 PM

Rucker has the most adorable lisp.

by Anonymousreply 384December 1, 2020 8:20 PM

I would love to blow Sam Stein to completion.

by Anonymousreply 385December 1, 2020 9:07 PM

Do you mean Sam Brock? Now THAT is one tall stud.

by Anonymousreply 386December 1, 2020 10:28 PM

Adam Schiff is being interviewed on Melber's show right now. His face seems bloated -- is he well?

by Anonymousreply 387December 1, 2020 10:44 PM

Schiff has always been pudgy faced.

by Anonymousreply 388December 1, 2020 10:47 PM

[quote] Do you mean Sam Brock? Now THAT is one tall stud.

No, R386. He means Sam Stein.

Sam used to appear on Morning Joe and MSNBC quite a bit in the past, but not so much any more.

I wonder why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389December 1, 2020 10:48 PM

That may be true about Sam Stein in the recent past but he's on MSNBC quite a bit now.

by Anonymousreply 390December 1, 2020 10:52 PM

R380, Rucker was a figure skater, and may live in Adams Morgan?

GAY.

by Anonymousreply 391December 1, 2020 11:08 PM

R391, I simply cannot imagine Phil Rucker as a figure skater.

Are you sure about that?

by Anonymousreply 392December 3, 2020 6:32 AM

Rucker did say it, R392 -- I don't know whether or not it's true.

R391: Surely you jest! I can't hardly believe that!

by Anonymousreply 393December 3, 2020 6:39 AM

R392, yes, it's true.

by Anonymousreply 394December 3, 2020 6:45 AM

Yea, the weekend women on msnbc are some pretty old horses....Witt is oldest of em alll, she look way pooped. and that big fat ass yellow wig ....

by Anonymousreply 395December 3, 2020 7:14 AM

DL fave MSNBC substitute anchor Chris Jansing will be 64 next month -- Alex Witt is only 59. Age alone isn't a problem -- Jansing seems to have all her faculties, looks great, and is an interesting person -- poor Witt isn't senile but she is boring and nowhere near pretty enough to make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 396December 3, 2020 7:47 AM

Phil Rucker was a “figure skater” the same way this woman is a “ballerina”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397December 3, 2020 12:08 PM

Apparently this is little Phil on skates. Is he really only about 3 feet tall?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398December 3, 2020 2:02 PM

Jonathan Capehart and Tiffany cross will share the AM Joy time slot. Tiffany on saturdays, Jonathan on sundays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399December 3, 2020 2:30 PM

Ridiculous, R399.

Why is that show still named "AM JOY?" She has a new fucking show! Let someone else have a shot at hosting on the weekends.

Fuck her.

I want to see Jonathan Capehart or Maria Teresa Kumar get their own shows in the AM Joy spot. Enough of her, already!

by Anonymousreply 400December 3, 2020 3:31 PM

r400, it's in her contract. The new show will be AM Joy, With Jonathan Capehart.

by Anonymousreply 401December 3, 2020 3:35 PM

The new shows in that time slot will NOT be called "AM Joy." From the link at R399:

[quote] Their new shows — official titles have yet to be determined — will debut December 12 and December 13, respectively, and hold forth from Washington, D.C.

by Anonymousreply 402December 3, 2020 3:57 PM

FUCK JOY REID!!!

FUCKING HOMOPHOBIC CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 403December 3, 2020 5:21 PM

Tiffany Cross had an annoying lisp. Not an ideal host.

I agree that Maria should have gotten this. There is no Latino representation on the network. (Don’t throw Alicia Melendez at me either.)

by Anonymousreply 404December 3, 2020 6:00 PM

The new show will be called "AM GOY"

by Anonymousreply 405December 3, 2020 7:38 PM

Her show should be named "I lied to the FBI, with Joy Reid."'

Jussie Smollett can be her co-host.

by Anonymousreply 406December 3, 2020 7:41 PM

Why doesn’t anyone ask her about that, R406? Didn’t she say that someone hacked her blog and posted things she had supposedly nothing to do with.

It was shockingly transparent how much she was lying her ass off.

She’s an anti-gay bitch who wants people to forget about that or just pretend they’re clueless morons. Also, AM Joy (when Joy was hosting) always had WAY too many faith-based guests. Keep your religion away from me, you homophobic cùnt.

by Anonymousreply 407December 3, 2020 7:53 PM

Ayman is so hot

by Anonymousreply 408December 3, 2020 7:53 PM

He is, R408.

I want to suck him off, but he's supposedly straight.

by Anonymousreply 409December 3, 2020 7:58 PM

[quote]There is no Latino representation on the network. (Don’t throw Alicia Melendez at me either.)

Alicia Menendez qualifies as Latino representation. It’s not our fault she sucks.

by Anonymousreply 410December 3, 2020 10:01 PM

Why does MSNBC hate Maria Teresa Kumar so much?

by Anonymousreply 411December 3, 2020 11:40 PM

Steve Kornacki is joining NBC Sports!

Finally, he's getting some recognition, after schlepping at the "big board" for so long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412December 3, 2020 11:41 PM

R411 she’s great as a guest but as a host she was rough. It was clear she was extremely nervous

by Anonymousreply 413December 3, 2020 11:48 PM

Watch her now, R413.

She has definitely found her groove, and she's doing fantastic in that AM Joy slot.

Time to get rid of that SHIT SHOW and give a new show to MTK.

by Anonymousreply 414December 3, 2020 11:49 PM

Wasn't Maria Teresa heading a Latino voter organization? Between her frequent commentating spots and guest-hosting AM Joy, the Latin vote slipped away.

by Anonymousreply 415December 4, 2020 12:08 AM

LatinX r415.

You literal NAZI.

by Anonymousreply 416December 4, 2020 12:10 AM

Yes, R415.

It's called VOTO LATINO.

And there are MANY people involved with the non-profit, not just her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417December 4, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote]Wasn't Maria Teresa heading a Latino voter organization?

She was heading up Voto Latino. She was trying to get Latinos to turn out to vote. Which they did... for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 418December 4, 2020 12:12 AM

Stupid R416.

The fact that a latinO non-profit social justice organization calls itself VOTO LATINO, is all you need to know about what they think of LATINX.

That stupid word was not created by Latinos. It was made up from Anglo people, trying to tell Latinos how to identify themselves.

And it's fucking idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 419December 4, 2020 12:12 AM

Article @R412 buries the lead: Kornacki was named as one of People's sexiest men alive?!

Steve K, making khakis sexy since I don't know when.

by Anonymousreply 420December 4, 2020 12:17 AM

What does Latinx mean anyway? It makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm happy Kornacki got the football gig. He'll be in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 421December 4, 2020 12:17 AM

Don't follow football. Is that a perma gig and Steve is moving, or just a stint?

by Anonymousreply 422December 4, 2020 12:19 AM

[quote] What does Latinx mean anyway? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Correct, R421.

The Spanish language identifies words by gender.

If the word ends in "a," then it has a "feminine gender." Latina refers to a Latin female.

If the word ends in "o," then it has a "masculine gender." Latino refers to a Latin male.

If you want to refer to both male AND female, the word will take the masculine gender, plus the letter "S."

So a Latin male and female will be referred to as Latinos. The s, making it plural.

ENGLISH SPEAKING trans people, academics, and basically SJW's do not like that Spanish words have a gender. So to render them gender neutral, these ENGLISH SPEAKING people have decided to change LatinO to LatinX. So that it will be neither male, nor female.

Not only is that NOT how the Spanish language works, but it's ENGLISH SPEAKING people, attempting to change over a thousand years of SOMEONE ELSE'S language, to accommodate their own selfish desires.

So yeah, that's why LatinOs have rejected the word LatinX. It has nothing to do with them, and it makes no sense in their language.

by Anonymousreply 423December 4, 2020 12:26 AM

[quote] Don't follow football. Is that a perma gig and Steve is moving, or just a stint?

Sounds like it's just a Sunday Night Football gigs, R423.

Sort of like how Willie Geist does the TODAY Show on Sunday, but his regular job is Morning Joe Monday through Friday.

by Anonymousreply 424December 4, 2020 12:27 AM

Thank you for the explanation, r423. I'm kind of floored. I didn't realize the term stemmed from trans and white SJW types who are averse to words being gendered in Spanish. I got stuck on Generation X and assumed it meant Latinos of a particular age group or a subgroup of Latinos with some defining characteristic(s).

Here's the best part of my cluelessness: Spanish was my first language (parents are from Spain) and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me why. 😄 Goddamn, that is arrogant and OFFENSIVE! It's diminutizing, if that's a word, and devalues the experience and language of Latinos (and Spaniards).

by Anonymousreply 425December 4, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote] It's diminutizing, if that's a word, and devalues the experience and language of Latinos (and Spaniards)

R425, the word you describe would be "trivializing" or "minimizing". And I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 426December 4, 2020 1:10 AM

Yes, trivializing! Lexical access problems, 😆.

by Anonymousreply 427December 4, 2020 1:18 AM

Witt looks like she should be a barmaid in some bowery bum hangout from the 50's....

by Anonymousreply 428December 4, 2020 2:25 AM

Why not just use “Latin”?

by Anonymousreply 429December 4, 2020 8:05 AM

Because using an English word to refer to Spanish-speaking people is LITERAL violence!

by Anonymousreply 430December 4, 2020 8:06 AM

And here I was thinking "Latin" (no "a" or "o" to designate a person) referred to the dead Romance language that's the basis for Spanish and other languages. Unless you want to correct me.

by Anonymousreply 431December 4, 2020 8:19 AM

I am suggesting a NEW use.

by Anonymousreply 432December 4, 2020 8:22 AM

R431, somehow I doubt that the pretentious people who came up with "Latinx" know anything about Latin and Romance Languages.

by Anonymousreply 433December 4, 2020 12:39 PM

God, enough with the Latinx bullshit. No one cares.

I want to talk about Vaughn Hillyard’s tight hole and how I want to be balls-deep inside it. He looks like what we called in high school “a spinner.”

by Anonymousreply 434December 4, 2020 1:43 PM

Vaughn Hillyard is straight, nasty cunts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435December 4, 2020 5:22 PM

I would like to see the "Latinx" brigade try telling the French that their language should be non-gendered. Let's see how that goes over.

by Anonymousreply 436December 4, 2020 7:03 PM

I wonder if Beto discreetly tried to fuck him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437December 4, 2020 7:41 PM

R374 Room Rater on Twitter regularly rates Phil Rucker's home. He always gets a 10 out of 10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438December 5, 2020 12:51 AM

I just noticed Chris Hayes face just keeps getting rounder and rounder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439December 5, 2020 1:00 AM

R437 - no, because I can't imagine Beto doing anything discreetly.

by Anonymousreply 440December 5, 2020 1:25 AM

[quote]I just noticed Chris Hayes face just keeps getting rounder and rounder.

Carb bloat.

by Anonymousreply 441December 5, 2020 3:53 AM

That's the photo I wanted to post, R438!!

Thanks!!

by Anonymousreply 442December 5, 2020 3:57 AM

Chris Hayes has been using Rudy Guiliani's brand of hair dye this week. He looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 443December 5, 2020 4:24 AM

ms Witt for bloat face/chest of the week !

by Anonymousreply 444December 5, 2020 8:04 PM

Chris Hayes is only 41 years old and I doubt he needs to dye huis hair. The one I would question on that score would be, of all people, Chuck Rosenberg who suddenly looks like a strawberry blonde.

by Anonymousreply 445December 5, 2020 8:42 PM

the broad that was just on, saturday noon pst, looks like she hit in fface with fryin pan wtf??

by Anonymousreply 446December 5, 2020 9:06 PM

hilarious to see Scarborough promoting his new book in the last week on multiple MSNBC shows, even a couple on CNN but not Rachel's. He even was on Lawrence's. Rachel and Scarborough must really hate each other

by Anonymousreply 447December 5, 2020 11:03 PM

he dissed her so bad in the past...dont blame her...she got morals!

by Anonymousreply 448December 5, 2020 11:57 PM

A good portion of Rachel's moral compass involves hating men.

She is an old-fashioned bitter bulldagger.

by Anonymousreply 449December 6, 2020 12:03 AM

Joe is an asstured, u dont bow down and kiss his ring, he treat u like scrum.

by Anonymousreply 450December 6, 2020 12:28 AM

R447 &r449 -- Please refer to R160, r164, and r233. Scarborough can hold a grudge. And he's a small man.

by Anonymousreply 451December 6, 2020 12:30 AM

As heart rending as it is, I'm glad at the end of each of Nicole Wallace's shows she does Lives Well Lived.

by Anonymousreply 452December 6, 2020 12:42 AM

Every American should be forced to sit down and watch Nicole's Lives Well Lived.

by Anonymousreply 453December 6, 2020 1:36 AM

Does Nicole ever feature any one of the million Iraqis that her boss killed in a war that she helped to promote by gaslighting the American people and sending talking points to Fox News every morning?

by Anonymousreply 454December 6, 2020 1:40 AM

R452, R453, R454: Wallace's first name is spelled with 2 Ls, just like her last name. I don't like her much, but that's no excuse for mangling her name.

by Anonymousreply 455December 6, 2020 3:17 AM

i cannot watch her, her shrill fuked up voice aint made 4 tv honey...

by Anonymousreply 456December 6, 2020 3:34 AM

R456, if it's her voice that bothers you, then you can't listen to her. I agree that she's hard to hear, but I can't watch her because of that god-awful limp lank drab hair!

by Anonymousreply 457December 6, 2020 4:20 AM

Although small minded, Joe Scarborough is physically quite tall.

Room Rater has been outed as a Right-Wing, Trump-loving lunatic. Unfollow.

by Anonymousreply 458December 6, 2020 1:23 PM

[Quote]Room Rater has been outed as a Right-Wing, Trump-loving lunatic.

That must be why the right wing loonies get 0/0 from them or the liberal leaning or never Trumps get 8-10/10 on a consistent basis. Or why the couple who run it (an American and a Canadian) raise funds for PPE for the Navajo and Hopi nations hard hit by Covid. They're provided hundreds of thousands of masks since the summer.

Why are you bothering to troll with a patent falsehood? Rather than pull something out of your ass, can't you at least try to observe DL tradition and take a stab at wit and humor?

by Anonymousreply 459December 6, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote] Room Rater has been outed as a Right-Wing, Trump-loving lunatic. Unfollow.

I guess that's why they're praising Rachel Maddow and promoting her new book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460December 6, 2020 6:30 PM

Any other Joshua Johnson fans here? I think he's adorable. Probably gay, don't you think? I've looked for him on social media but can't find him....too many other Joshua Johnsons.

by Anonymousreply 461December 7, 2020 1:50 AM

R461: yes he's gay and out.

by Anonymousreply 462December 7, 2020 3:14 AM

I wonder if Joshua Johnson is regretting his decision to join MSNBC. When he was hosting "1A" for public radio, he was on the air Monday-Friday. Now, MSNBC has relegated him to Saturday and Sunday evenings, when nobody is watching cable news. Johnson seems to think very highly of himself, and was probably expecting to land a regular weekday slot. But MSNBC added another hour of Nicolle Wallace and promoted Joy Reid instead. He'll probably fade away and eventually leave, like David Gura.

by Anonymousreply 463December 7, 2020 6:19 AM

Who is eating Vaughn Hillyard's hole?

I just know it's tight and always squeaky-clean.

by Anonymousreply 464December 7, 2020 6:27 AM

R461 he's def gay and only on twitter, not instagram. He's into fitness and has a septum piercing that he once posted a pic of himself wearing

by Anonymousreply 465December 7, 2020 6:27 AM

Stephanie Ruhle has had COVID for the past two weeks and is back today broadcasting from home.

by Anonymousreply 466December 7, 2020 1:08 PM

What, pray tell, is a septum piercing?

I think Joshua Johnson is better-positioned at MSNBC than 1A even if he's only hosting now on the weekends. He's really good and I suspect, even if it takes a few years, he'll rise up in their ranks. I suspect he'll start subbing for all the weekday and evening hosts soon.

by Anonymousreply 467December 7, 2020 1:52 PM

For R467

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468December 7, 2020 3:57 PM

I use to love watching Ali Velshi, but every since Trump started making fun of Ali for getting shot with a rubber bullet he just seems angry and harsh. He use to speak calmly, now he shouts and stumbles over his words and just comes off as angry. When Ali comes on I have to turn down the sound, I didn't use to have to do that when he would be on TV. Angry instead of informative is not a good look on him.

by Anonymousreply 469December 7, 2020 4:04 PM

I've noticed the change in Ali as well. And a friend who works for MSNBC said he was not very popular with the crews, he has a short temper, unlike Rachel, NIcolle, Stef, and yes, even Joy.

by Anonymousreply 470December 7, 2020 6:01 PM

Kassie hunt filled in for Chuck Toad today. I still don’t buy for one second that she’s straight.

by Anonymousreply 471December 7, 2020 6:04 PM

Does Nicolle really need two hours?

by Anonymousreply 472December 7, 2020 6:04 PM

Maybe Toad is out with Rona?

by Anonymousreply 473December 7, 2020 6:05 PM

I would think that Nicolle's time slot 4-6:00 would be the choicest and most "breaking news" filled, coming at the end of the day as work gets wrapped up everywhere. Perhaps producers felt it was better continuity to the MSNBC news cycle to have less interruption during those hours.

by Anonymousreply 474December 7, 2020 6:10 PM

I heard they wanted Nicolle to move to prime time, but she wants to be home for dinner with her kids.

by Anonymousreply 475December 7, 2020 8:28 PM

Who would she have replaced?!?!

by Anonymousreply 476December 7, 2020 8:58 PM

Is Vaughn ready to host his own hour yet? He’s almost 30.

by Anonymousreply 477December 7, 2020 9:08 PM

If Vaughn presents his coin slot hole, he can have whatever time “slot” he wants.

by Anonymousreply 478December 7, 2020 9:24 PM

Apparently this thread has been paywalled, so a Part 20 has been started.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479December 7, 2020 9:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!