Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Bob Hughes?

I know he's eleventy years old now, but apparently, back in the day, some of you got tingly in special places when Dr. Bob's furry chest was visible on-screen.......

And what happened to Bob's daughters, those red headed hussies?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 26, 2021 12:39 PM

He the onley white mens ever made me moist

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2020 4:53 PM

Dr. Bob put it in my Scoche Marin.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2020 5:57 PM

Bob probably dicked a lot of nurses back in the day

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2020 6:45 PM

OP, many of us are not a 1000yo, can you give us a little more info? Was he an actual doctor or played one in a show?

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2020 6:52 PM

R4 In the show, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2020 7:03 PM

He left his 1st wife for his co-star. Life is like a soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2020 7:10 PM

don't forget Locher Room in an hour 4:30 PM with Judi Evans & Vince Irizarry from Guiding Light

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2020 7:16 PM

Pronunciation? Hug-hez?

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2020 7:27 PM

"Hung huge"

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2020 7:28 PM

Remember when he slept with hussy Susan Stewart, because wife Kim wasn't putting out? Only time I ever saw nearly-naked Dr. Bob.... I liked it!

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2020 7:37 PM

It would have been fun to see Lucinda and Bob have an affair or even marry. Liz Hubbard would have had the best facial expressions if Lucinda was forced to help Nancy make Thanksgiving dinner while Lisa laughed at her.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2020 7:40 PM

Dr. Bob looked like my father. Or my father looked like Dr. Bob.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2020 7:44 PM

Dr. Bob looked so much like that good cop gone bad that lived in Port Charles, Burt Ramsey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2020 8:09 PM

R13 that is his brother in real life actor Bob Hastings

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2020 8:11 PM

I sometimes see him at a local restaurant up here in the country but it’s been a couple years.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2020 8:21 PM

Locher Room with Judi Evans and Vince Irizarry on NOW

Link below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2020 8:42 PM

Wow, Don Hastings was good looking! I always thought of Bob as a staid old man.

With which costar did he break up his marriage?

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2020 9:03 PM

r14 yes, we know.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2020 9:22 PM

R17 He married Leslie Denniston who was on ATWT as Carolyn Crawford.....but I think they were already married by then.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2020 9:43 PM

Only caught the last five minutes of the Judi/Vincent Locher Room reunion. Anybody care to do a recap?

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2020 9:54 PM

"Bob probably dicked a lot of nurses back in the day"

He was fucking Lyla right before he finally got together with Kim. Bob just kind of dropped Lyla without even formally breaking up with her, but by that time, John was sniffing around her again, and she was (amazingly enough) receptive.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2020 9:55 PM

Only caught the last five minutes of the Judi/Vincent Locher Room reunion. Anybody care to do a recap?

No

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2020 9:58 PM

Judi did not remember her first day.

She does remember the Salisbury Steak in the studio commissary.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2020 10:19 PM

Judi did a podcast with some soap press recently. She linked it on Twitter.

She talked glowingly about Tina Sloan, James Rebhorn, and Beverley McKinsey. Bev taught her a memorization trick. She spoke highly of Michael O’Leary saying he was hysterical and loved playing practical jokes/ doing imitations. She said Krista was effervescent and always positive. She said Grant was an intense individual. She said they all got along very well and it showed on screen. She said the cast of all of her soaps were like a family. When Vincent was brought up she got very animated. She said he was so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2020 10:19 PM

Don Hastings, who played Bob Hughes, recalled one of the many times that the show wanted to recast Don Hughes, his character's brother. Someone suggested Don Hastings's brother Bob Hastings be considered for Don Hughes. Ted Corday said no way Don would play Bob and Bob would play Don at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2020 10:25 PM

Vincent I is still hot.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2020 11:17 PM

My grandmother was horrified when that low-class Lisa Miller tricked respectable Dr. Bob Hughes into marrying her.

You could just look at Lisa and tell she was a "freak" in bed...

Oh yeah, Nancy Hughes had the good grace to be polite to Lisa - once Chris and Nancy realized they couldn't get the marriage annulled.

But you know everyone in town was whispering about it behind their backs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2020 1:13 AM

Judi and Vince's reunion on the Locher Room was one of the best that Alan had done. Judi and Vince clearly have a deep affection for each other. Great to hear their stories. I highly recommend it for anyone who watched GL when Beth and Lujack were on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2020 7:30 AM

Vince said that he was auditioned for and got a part on AW back in 1982, but he turned it down because he didn't want to commit to three years on the show. However, he didn't say what the part was.

Anyone want to speculate on which part it was. Would have been a character that started in the last half of 1982 or early part of 1983.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2020 7:33 AM

Was it Rachel Frame?

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2020 7:40 AM

R27, did we have the same grandmother? Your first sentence sounds exactly like Grandma, explaining the convoluted storyline on her favorite soap opera to me all those years ago. Later on, I'd watch them myself every day in the summer until I started high school. Everything I know about heterosexual relationships, I learned from soap operas. That probably explains why I'm gay.

What a shame they reused (or discarded?) the tapes of those old shows. I would pay big money to get a week's worth of ATWT or DOOL from ca. 1970. Or even GL or AW, although I didn't like them as much.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2020 8:41 AM

This would have been the opening from the time of the original Bob-Lisa storyline that R27's grandmother (and mine) would explain - but only during commercials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2020 8:49 AM

So Judi didn’t hate her time at GL at all, like some of you insisted. Ha ha ha ha. You were wrong. Ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2020 11:21 AM

And Judi seemed very fond of Michael O’Leary. The only person she did not have a lot to say about was a Grant, curiously. Judi was very fond of La Bev.

Vincent brought some tea about how all the writer changes ruined his character and he was not happy so he left. He confirmed they originally wanted Lujack keto return, Jim Reilly’s idea, but Jim left the show so the twin angle was explored.

Vincent also said Beth Chamberlin’s Beth was a little villainous and seemed like a completely different character. He was not happy about it. He said he never did many scenes with her forgetting they weren’t on the show at the same time.

Judi said she did watch some of Beth C’s Beth and specifically mentioned her having a split personality. That is one story Judi would have loved to play on GL.

It was a good chat. Very good flow. They adore each other and Vincent adored Lujack and Beth/Lujack. My only complaint is he talked way too much.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2020 11:36 AM

I'm trying to find photos of the furry chest OP mentioned!

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2020 11:36 AM

Interesting that both Judi and Vince had very little to say about Grant. I believe Judi said he had blue eyes and was an incredible actor, while Vince said something like he was a strong actor or maybe it was that he was a dedicated actor. Nothing else said about Grant.

As for Michael O'Leary, Alan fed Judi the bit about him being hilarious (as everyone else has said). All she did was confirm that he was hilarious and told jokes. She didn't say anything else about him. That left me wondering what Judi might have come up with to say if Alan hadn't thrown "hilarious" out there right as he was asking the question.

I believe Vince merely confirmed that Micheal was a jokester and didn't say much of anything else about him.

Alan artfully avoided asking Vince any questions about Kristi Ferrell, Kimberly Simms, Ann Hamilton and Barbara Crampton. Humm, wonder why that was ?

In fact, Alan pretty much avoided asking about Vince's time AS Nick. They talked about the meetings leading up to his playing Nick and then about how unhappy he was with they way they were writing the character at the end. But there was nothing about what happened DURING his time as Nick.

He also avoided asking Vince about what it was like to learn that La Bev had vacated the role so suddenly.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2020 12:08 PM

[quote]He confirmed they originally wanted Lujack keto return, Jim Reilly’s idea, but Jim left the show so the twin angle was explored.

Vince was wrong about that. Jim Reilly was still there as a co-HW when he started as Nick in July 1991. Reilly didn't leave until sometime in mid 1992 to go to HW Days.

In fact, Reilly won an Emmy for writing GL as co-HW for work done in 1992, in a ceremony held in May 1993.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2020 12:18 PM

Did Alan ask what they've been binging on in quarantine?

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2020 12:46 PM

R37 Thank you! I was just going to say the same thing! I get that this stuff was 30 years ago and memories are fuzzy so you always have to take everything with a grain of salt. James Reilly most certainly was still at GL when VI came on as Nick. I’m not faulting him because it was so long ago, but some fans hang on every word, even when there are misstatements. “But Vince said that Jim Reilly was gone so has to be true”.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2020 2:47 PM

I thought given everything Judi had been thru this past year with losing her son and almost having her legs amputated and getting Covid she was extremely diplomatic. She obviously adores Vincent. She had lovely things to say about John Bolger. She loved Jim Rebhorn and Tina Sloan. Not everyone you work with is going to have a great relationship with. And this was 37 years ago. The bloom is off the rose as they say. How many freaking times has she answered that question about Grant. And they only really worked together a short amount of time. Maybe a year. He and Beth Chamberlin worked far longer. I think we sometimes forgot these are working relationships. My heart goes out to her. She has been thru the ringer.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2020 2:55 PM

I think that Alan should have mentioned Judi losing her son. They focused on covid, but fuck, that is nothing to losing a child. Alan is strange. He doesn’t do empathy well. Tone deaf. Asking Judi what she has learned about herself????? What the fuck. She’s had to learn, during a pandemic, how to live without your only child!!! Asshole question, Alan.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2020 4:36 PM

I admire his initiative in doing these chats but he’s not a good interviewer at all.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2020 4:40 PM

I notice neither said that O'Leary was a strong actor.

I've read a lot of speculation on this board and others about Judi and Grant and how they all got along and I've said, well, I'll have to hear it from them.

And yesterday, I heard it -- or rather I didn't -- from Judi; it was speaking about him in just a few words and then she LIT UP when talking about John Bolger.

It's too bad. They were all young and Judi won the Emmy and was dating Whitesell so, who knows if that led to disharmony and people acting cruelly. Grant bolted after two years; no one ever leaves daytime with the goal of coming back. They want to make 10x the money and doing different, easier work.

It's too bad. Carl Evans on a different chat show raved about Grant, saying he really took him under his wing. People grow. There are two sides to every story.

It was funny watching Vincent try to recall if he'd ever worked with Chamberlin -- they were never on the show at the same time. Which is a shame. Beth falling in love with Nick would have been an organic way to break up Phillip and Beth. Not the tired cliche of Alan hiding Phillip's letter to Beth or whatever lame thing they came up with that gave us Phillip and Harley for so long.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2020 4:44 PM

Maybe she is still dealing with her grief and asked him not to. I hardly think bringing up the death of a child is something you bring up in a format like this. I also am under the impression this was drug related. When the cause of death is not revealed typically it’s a drug overdose. I would hardly call him an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2020 4:45 PM

R44 brings me to wonder if Judi's recent past has caused her to mellow on her years and experiences on GL.

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2020 4:58 PM

Remember me?

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2020 5:00 PM

I think Grant may have teased her a bit too often about her growing up in the circus. That kind of shit sticks to you.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2020 5:00 PM

If the alleged Grant showing his massive dong to Judi is true.......I’m so fucking jealous!

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2020 5:24 PM

That's too bad, R47.

It's such a slippery slope; in my own experience, I've given guys a pass who tease...but then that devolves into something ugly where it turns into bullying. I'm bringing my own experiences to this as we all do, I suppose.

People fell in love with Phillip and Beth from day one; it was so clear Beth was abused and Phillip was picking up on it. And we knew he'd be there for her.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2020 5:32 PM

Bob SNOOZE 😴

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2020 5:39 PM

A portrait of Bob Hughes in his heyday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2020 5:57 PM

[quote]Anyone want to speculate on which part it was. Would have been a character that started in the last half of 1982 or early part of 1983.

All of my guesses so far (Pete Shea, Joey Perrini recast, Ben McKinnon) have been slightly off, timing-wise - at least, according to AWHP timelines.

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2020 5:58 PM

When did Peter Brady start on AW? Is that 1982-3?

by Anonymousreply 53October 23, 2020 6:08 PM

I think everyone read for the part of Tad on AMC -- Grant Show, Wally Kurth, Vincent (? woudn't that have been a multi-year deal, too?)

Knight walked in and just took it. He was unlike anything else.

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2020 6:42 PM

[quote] Knight walked in and just took it.

And we know exactly where he 'took it' to get the part.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2020 7:17 PM

Is Vincent confused about AW? This list is from the Another World Home Page. These are the characters added or recast in 1982/83. The only character that makes sense for him to play in 1982 was Vic Strang, maybe? Maybe he meant Perry Hutchins?

1982 Intro-15: Roy Bingham, Ed Harding, Peter Love, Bob Morgan, Henrietta Morgan, R.J. Morgan, Alma Rudder, Julia Shearer, Milo Simonelli, Loretta Shea, Louis St. George, Vic Strang, Thomasina Todd, Maisie Watkins, Cass Winthrop, Stacey Winthrop Return-1: Susan Matthews Shearer Recast-1: Elena DePoulignac Visit-1: Buzz Winslow Exit/Death-21: Mitch Blake, Leonard Brooks, Jason Dunlap, Diana Frame, Ilsa Fredericks, Louise Goddard Brooks, Rick Halloway, Ed Harding, Denny Hobson, Alice Matthews Frame, Jim Matthews, Susan Matthews Shearer, Bob Morgan, Melissa Needham, Marianne Randolph, Pat Randolph, Harry Shea, Loretta Shea, Pete Shea, Milo Simonelli, Vic Strang Birth-2: Maggie Cory, Jeanne Ewing Wedding-1: Denny and Sally Divorce/Dissolution/Annulment-2: Cecile and Sandy, Bob and Henrietta

1983 Intro-11: Jeanne Ewing, Gil Fenton, Marie Fenton, Felicia Gallant, Carl Hutchins, Perry Hutchins, Donna Love, Nicole Love, Abel/Leo Marsh, Lily Mason, Mark Singleton, David Thatcher, Kevin Thatcher Return-1: Vivien Gorrow Recast-6: Ted Bancroft, Jamie Frame, Sally Frame, Sally Frame, Julia Shearer, Julia Shearer Exit/Death-12: Elena DePoulignac, Jeanne Ewing, Marie Fenton, Jamie Frame, Sally Frame, Sally Frame, Steve Frame, Nancy McGowan, R.J. Morgan, Alma Rudder, Julia Shearer, Louis St. George, Thomasina Todd Wedding-3: Mac and Rachel, Sandy and Blaine, Stacey and Mark Divorce/Dissolution/Annulment-1: Felicia and Louis, Denny and Sally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2020 7:18 PM

[quote] I'm trying to find photos of the furry chest OP mentioned!

I based the new thread on someone commenting in the last thread that they saw the scenes of Bob and Susan in bed together and got all tingly.

If that person is reading this, maybe they can find the clip on YouTube?

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2020 7:44 PM

Irizarry fucked so many costars. Horndawg!

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2020 8:06 PM

Don Hastings and Marie Masters in bed made someone tingly? LOL ok to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 59October 23, 2020 8:17 PM

CAPITOL reunion coming up.

by Anonymousreply 60October 23, 2020 8:34 PM

Who the fuck cares about Capitol? Jesus. Alan is not marketing himself well as a Publicist.

by Anonymousreply 61October 23, 2020 8:35 PM

New length!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 23, 2020 8:35 PM

Vee from SON is telling Alan who he can have on the show. Vee hates Eileen Fulton and he broke Marie Masters’s camera, so that is why we have not seen them.

by Anonymousreply 63October 23, 2020 8:37 PM

Screencap of the CBS promo.

Susan's gong to suck Bob's moobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 23, 2020 8:53 PM

Susan Stewart the widest Vag in Oakdale.

by Anonymousreply 65October 23, 2020 9:16 PM

Did Elaine Princi munch on Bob’s boobs?

by Anonymousreply 66October 23, 2020 9:53 PM

Vincent said when he first got GL he ran into an actress who had recently left. The actress was unhappy about leaving and greatly resented the show and made it clear to Vincent. Wonder who it was?

He said Grant was a solid actor. Not great, but solid.

Judi spoke more about O’Leary on the pod cast she did a few days ago. You could tell she liked him. She described Grant as intense. That’s it.

On the Locher Room, she got very animated speaking of Bolger. She and Grant worked together for a few years, maybe a year and a half. It does seem like she isn’t as fond of him but he visited her on the Days set a few years ago so who knows.

Alan should not have brought up Judi losing her son. She’s still working through it.

Vincent did talk a lot but he gave some tea at least. He was not a fan, never has been, of how they wrote Beth in the later years.

by Anonymousreply 67October 23, 2020 10:08 PM

Maybe it was that relentless malcontent Denise Pence, R67?

by Anonymousreply 68October 23, 2020 10:42 PM

Watched a bit of The Doctors reunion. Liz mentioned the de-aging potion storyline which was featured as the show was coming to an end. She said Jean LeClerc was in it as a doctot who made a 65 year old look 35. Locher chimed in with “NANCY STAFFORD! She was on the other Doctors reunion!” Liz literally waved that off with her hand and said “Well, whoever she was she was a shoe model. A SHOE MODEL!” Locher quickly changed the subject. HAHAHAHA. I love Liz.

by Anonymousreply 69October 23, 2020 10:57 PM

[quote]Vincent said when he first got GL he ran into an actress who had recently left. The actress was unhappy about leaving and greatly resented the show and made it clear to Vincent. Wonder who it was?

Vince said he was at his job at Joe Allen's when he learned he'd booked 3 days on GL. The actress in there at the time who had just been fired from GL would have been Elvera Rousel(Hope Bauer). Her last air date was Nov. 23, 1983. Vince's first air date was Nov 28, 1983.

by Anonymousreply 70October 23, 2020 11:47 PM

Thanks r56 for the list of AW characters coming and going in 1982-1983.

Reading over that list, the only characters that Vince might have been right to play in terms of age would be Perry Hutchins (David Oliver played the part) or Gil Fenton (Felicia's chauffer played by Tom Wiggin).

He could also have potentially played Peter Love (John Hutton played the part originally) or movie director Vic Strang (Ben Masters played him), but that would have involved making those characters a good 10-15 years younger than the people who ultimately played them,

Vince also potentially could have played a recast Jamie Frame or Ted Bancroft, but that would have meant making the characters younger and giving an established character to an inexperienced actor. Stephen Yates and Luke Reilly ended up playing those parts.

by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2020 12:11 AM

Elvera was a nasty old cunt. Yeah, she had her moment for a short time but Kobe kicked her ass out Onto the sidewalk on west 26th street.

by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2020 12:24 AM

[quote] Interesting that both Judi and Vince had very little to say about Grant. I believe Judi said he had blue eyes and was an incredible actor, while Vince said something like he was a strong actor or maybe it was that he was a dedicated actor. Nothing else said about Grant.

I think Judi said Grant has "intense" eyes, but didn't say much else about him

Surprisingly Judi more great things to say about John Bolger (Grant;s replacement) than Grant - so it is pretty obvious that the reason there will never be a 4 Musketeers Reunion, is because of friction between Grant & Judi

by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2020 12:34 AM

[quote] I think everyone read for the part of Tad on AMC -- Grant Show, Wally Kurth, Vincent (? woudn't that have been a multi-year deal, too?) Knight walked in and just took it. He was unlike anything else.

West Wing Star Bradley Whitford said he went to school with Michael E. Knight, and Knight got the role of Tad while he was in school. So he dropped out, while Whitford stayed to get his degree.

by Anonymousreply 74October 24, 2020 12:37 AM

Bradley Whitford was on GL.

by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2020 12:45 AM

[quote] Bradley Whitford was on GL.

And he also had a recurring role on All My Children - as he joined the show after graduating from Julliard - being reunited with Michael E. Knight

by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2020 12:48 AM

R64, thanks. I'm reaching for the vaseline now.

by Anonymousreply 77October 24, 2020 12:48 AM

Vincent couldn’t have auditioned for Cass?

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2020 1:13 AM

The real reason that VI was not cast on AW was that Vee from SON would never sign off on it. He is in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 79October 24, 2020 1:27 AM

I have it on good authority that Vincent, in fact, auditioned for Felicia Gallant.

by Anonymousreply 80October 24, 2020 1:31 AM

R79 I never get tired of Vee from SON being thrown into the mix. He knows everything because he’s in the biz. lololololololol Vee is a god damn asshole.

by Anonymousreply 81October 24, 2020 1:36 AM

Woke up one day and realized Kim was fuckin ugly and left.

by Anonymousreply 82October 24, 2020 1:37 AM

according to this thread, Kim Hughes played Phyllis is FOLLIES!!!! I would have loved to see that!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 24, 2020 1:39 AM

Vee and those pervs Soapsuds and the disgusting, ugly, nutcase chaturbate guy all ruined SON

by Anonymousreply 84October 24, 2020 1:40 AM

Wow. That would have been something to see!

by Anonymousreply 85October 24, 2020 1:46 AM

by Anonymousreply 86October 24, 2020 1:46 AM

by Anonymousreply 87October 24, 2020 1:47 AM

in terms of the Virtual As The World Turns cast reading, I'll have to buy a ticket - because they are not revealing a full cast list - only saying 26 cast members will participate!

So I'll buy a ticket to see who shows up

by Anonymousreply 88October 24, 2020 1:54 AM

R76 yes but this is a P&G thread.

by Anonymousreply 89October 24, 2020 2:10 AM

Chris Goutman is a special guest next week on The Locker Room.

by Anonymousreply 90October 24, 2020 2:23 AM

Don Hastings is now 86. Kathryn Hays is 87.

by Anonymousreply 91October 24, 2020 5:42 AM

Vincent could have been referring to a lot of people. The cast photo from 1982 and the one in 1985 are like two different shows; I think only Maureen, Bea, Ross and Vanessa are in both.

While Gail Kobe and Pam Long and Richard Culliton and Jeff Ryder turned GL into a great show in 1983-85, they got rid of WAY too many people. I can understand losing Don Stewart; Mike was pompous and he wanted a young leading lady;

But they had to have known Charita might die once she had the leg amputated. So why lose Bauer women Hillary AND Hope; Losing Amanda was a mistake too as the Spauldings stayed front and center.

from the late 70s to early 80s, GL had leading ladies Holly, Rita, Jackie, Elizabeth, Vanessa....all sophisticated and classy...By 1984, they were all gone, save Vanessa; we had Alexandra, Claire, India, Trish, and Reva...

The two babies I was shocked they never brought back were Stacy Chamberlain (Nola and Floyd's kid) and Matthew Spaulding (Jennifer and Mark's son, Amanda's half brother). They could have been the beginning of a new young set; a rival of Stacy's could have taunted her upon finding out her real dad, Floyd, was in jail for killing Andy Ferris.

GL is the show I miss the most, even more than ATWT but it's close.

by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2020 6:05 AM

Beth was close to the most popular. India was not.

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2020 6:25 AM

Y&R successfully jettisoned the Brooks and Foster families in 1982 in favor of the Abbott and Williams family without the ratings suffering.

That emboldened CBS to believe they could push out the Bauer and Hughes families on GL and ATWT in favor of more glamorous and exciting families.

by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2020 9:14 AM

[quote]Y&R successfully jettisoned the Brooks and Foster families in 1982 in favor of the Abbott and Williams family without the ratings suffering.

Of course, Y&R had only been on air about seven years when they started the transition to the new families. The Hugheses and Bauers had been front and center for decades on ATWT and GL so it was a lot more jarring.

by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2020 10:37 AM

While reading this thread yesterday, I was thinking about the only time I could remember seeing Grant in anything other than GL, which was an episode of "Who's the Boss." And damn if that didn't air yesterday on Antenna TV. With the exception of "Murder She Wrote", it doesn't seem like there was much work for soap actors who didn't completely break out back then.

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2020 11:31 AM

Grant’s long dong touches the toilet water when he’s shitting.

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2020 11:33 AM

Liz Hubbard was such a cunt to Jada Rowland during The Doctors reunion. I was happy when Jada snapped back at the old witch LaHubbard. Hubbard is difficult. Always has been.

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2020 1:34 PM

Will Martha Byrne be making an appearance with Goutman on The Locher Room to have their long-awaited showdown? Is this why the 26 cast members will be in attendance? This, I would pay money to see.

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2020 3:49 PM

Bill Bell said that he got rid of the Foster and Brooks families because a few of the actors playing those roles left in rapid succession in 1982.

Except for Jamie Lynn Bauer, the Foster and Brooks children had been recast multiple times at that point, and he said he couldn’t keep recasting them over and over, so he phased them out.

The Hughes and Bauer families didn’t have quite the same issue , and I’d say the real issue with those families is that characters like Don Hughes, Bob Hughes, Ed Bauer, Hillary Bauer and Mike Bauer weren’t sexy and glamorous-they didn’t fit the GH paradigm that everyone was using.

What CBS and P&G failed to realize is the audience for Y&R and ATWT/GL were different. The Y&R audience was younger and closer in taste to the ABC viewer. ATWT and GL were something generations of a family watched, and people viewed the Hughes and Bauer families almost like family members to their fans.

GL during the Dobson and Marland regimes had managed to update the show without getting rid of vets (although Marland got rid of Barbara, Adam, Holly, Roger and sidelined Sara). Eventually by the end of 1985 Jerry ver Dorn, who started in 1979, was the cast member with the most seniority. That didn’t really happen at ATWT; Marland recognized that the show’s history was its strength and unique selling point, so he used it and the vets to great success.

by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2020 4:24 PM

Marland copied his own storylines at various shows. He especially loved the mother takes the blame and goes to prison for her daughter storylines. He was over rated.

by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2020 5:28 PM

we've got some real experts here; nice.

I do think that the difference between Y&R reinventing itself and the P&G shows is that the P&G shows did so with new writers.

Bill transitioned the show from Brookses/Fosters to Newmans/Williames/Abbotts....

I was surprised Doug didn't utilize Sara McIntyre more; she reminded me of Susan Brown on GH as Gail.

Doug saw what Marie Masters brought to the table when she guested as Susan for the 50th and wrote her back in.

Doug so easily could have jettisoned the Stewart family, but he had Ellen around often; he wrote a big send off for David; remembering to include Stewart and Marcy, saying Marcy was expecting a baby.

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2020 10:52 PM

People who worked in soaps either knew them or didn't.

Bill knew soaps. Doug, Pam knew what worked.

Mickey/MADD, if Rauch didn't have a great writer, he was horrible; so many times they went to back to the same horrible writers, same failed producers

And they failed to hire people who knew the show. They didn't care that fans remembered.

by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2020 10:55 PM

The difference is that Bill Bell has complete creative control. - Instead of having stories approved by the network, Bell informed the network what stories will be done

Headwriter at P&G had to get through two levels of approval. P&G and then the network

Only Douglas Marland had creative control over his long-term storylines. But every other P&G headwriter had to constantly get approval. One of the reasons Pam Long never wrote for a P&G soap after 1992

But that is the difference.

by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2020 10:55 PM

R92 great points.

by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2020 11:12 PM

I always wonder what direction ATWT would have taken if Marland lived. He took the show to new highs (without shafting history and it's veterans),but he also had low points (Carolyn Crawford Mystery).

Also, I wonder how fans compare Doug Marland to Hogan Sheffer?

by Anonymousreply 106October 25, 2020 12:10 AM

I always wonder what direction ATWT would have taken if Marland lived. He took the show to new highs (without shafting history and it's veterans),but he also had low points (Carolyn Crawford Mystery).

Also, I wonder how fans compare Doug Marland to Hogan Sheffer?

by Anonymousreply 107October 25, 2020 12:10 AM

Marland painted across a huge canvas. He had his share of misfires, but his strengths usually outshone those.

Sheffer was all shock and plot; no heart, no depth.

by Anonymousreply 108October 25, 2020 12:14 AM

Sheffer had some interesting ideas in the first year or so, but was so uninterested in history.

by Anonymousreply 109October 25, 2020 12:15 AM

R89, actually it was originally a thread about Bob Hughes, a character on As The World Turns from the show's inception and played by Don Hastings from 1960 until its 2010 cancellation.

I'm beginning to see why soap threads were banned at one point.

by Anonymousreply 110October 25, 2020 12:23 AM

r110 You must be new here.

This is a P&G thread. And it was intended to be a P&G thread when it was started. Despite the title, the subject area was never intended to be limited to just talking about Bob Hughes.

For the past year or so, we have titled the various P&G thread "WHET So-And-So."

Recent P&G threads have been titled "WHET Fletcher Reade," "WHET India von Halkein," "WHET Jamie Frame," "WHET Emma Snyder" etc.

by Anonymousreply 111October 25, 2020 1:23 AM

R92, Matthew wasn’t a Spaulding, though. I doubt Jennifer had him use Mark’s surname, he was probably raised as Mark Richards.

by Anonymousreply 112October 25, 2020 2:15 AM

[quote]he was probably raised as Mark Richards.

Too bad we never got to find out. So much potential the show never followed up on.

by Anonymousreply 113October 25, 2020 2:18 AM

He'd be Matthew Evans or Matthew Richards in the real world depending on whether or not he took his father's or mother's name, but this is a soap; Jennifer, who used to be so integral to the show, was cast aside after Mark's story wrapped up.

Amanda not only took custody of Matthew, but I think she ended up adopting him.

He was Matthew Spaulding.

They could have redone the four muskateers circa 1987-88 with Matthew, Alan-Michael (there's no blood between them); Stacy (formerly Kelly Louise) and Samantha Marler.

In fact, I wrote up these four in a letter and sent it to probably Gail Kobe at the time when I was right out of college. I was hoping to have that magical lucky break but it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 114October 25, 2020 3:34 AM

Harding Lemay in Eight Years in Another World recounted a few fan letters he got; one was from a fan who wrote to him that Pat Matthews would NEVER have become a boozer; and she shared that she and Pat had the same birthdate; without judging, Harding wrote that this fact made the fan felt she could speak on Pat more than someone else

But the reality is fans have always known a show better than a new writer (unless that writer was Doug, honestly, the man did his research).

by Anonymousreply 115October 25, 2020 3:38 AM

Aunt Liz has spoken!

by Anonymousreply 116October 25, 2020 4:24 AM

Doug liked having the young actors suck his feets. He had a fetish.

by Anonymousreply 117October 25, 2020 6:26 AM

I think Judi dispelled some of the BS about her hating her time on GL. She spoke at length on the Locher Room chest and the podcast. She said they all hot along and were like a family.

The Almost Paradise montage of Beth/Lujack reminds me of how popular they were. They were soap gold.

by Anonymousreply 118October 25, 2020 7:00 AM

Loved Doug, but he tended to burn through stories; John Abbott DIED not knowing Ashley wasn't his and he died about 20 years after she found out.

We learned Iva was Lily's mother in March 1986 and by July 1987 Lily had learned the truth.

Victor and Nikki split in late 1988 and re-wed in March 1998, a decade later; Bob and Kim broke up in late spring 1990 and I think by 1991 they were renewing their wedding vows.

Actually, Doug didn't burn through them; he told his stories and they were brilliant. I'd have loved to have seen him go back to AW or tackle OLTL, Viki would have thought Jessica committed a murder but it was really Niki, who did it and that would come out on the witness stand.

by Anonymousreply 119October 25, 2020 7:57 AM

R118, I agree; she and Grant probably will never have lunch or call each other on the holidays, but maybe it wasn't that horrible

I expect actors to get along well b/c their characters do.

That's really kind of insane if you think about it.

I always liked how Phillip was big brotherly to Alan Michael; he saw a lot of himself in AM, particularly when he'd defend Alan.

But that just means Grant made great acting choices; it doesn't mean he'd be an ideal big brother IRL; doesn't mean he wouldn't but...

by Anonymousreply 120October 25, 2020 8:01 AM

Beth/Lujack was insanely popular. Period. It could have rivaled Luke/Laura. They were so natural and easy. Killing off Lujack was stupid. Was that Pam?

by Anonymousreply 121October 25, 2020 8:12 AM

It doesn’t really matter whether or not they killed Lujack. Vincent chose to leave the show when his contract was up. It’s not like Pam decided to kill him mid contract. Vincent was determined to go out to El-lay.

by Anonymousreply 122October 25, 2020 10:25 AM

Marland's story of Adam's parentage wasn't resolved before he died. (It was eventually pissed away in 1996.) Who knows how long that would have gone on if Marland hadn't died.

by Anonymousreply 123October 25, 2020 11:43 AM

[quote] Killing off Lujack was stupid. Was that Pam?

Timing wise it would have been either at the end of her first run or right after she left. (She was on maternity leave for some of that latter part of 1985, I think.)

But if I remember the little Lynda Hirsch type gossip items at the time, CBS/P&G was so pissed at him leaving after building a great deal of story around him that they decided to kill him off, and Pam had to write it. Definitely a decision that Came Down From On High.

by Anonymousreply 124October 25, 2020 1:24 PM

When the egregiously miscast Toby Poser played Amanda did she mention Matthew?

by Anonymousreply 125October 25, 2020 2:35 PM

[quote]When the egregiously miscast Toby Poser played Amanda did she mention Matthew?

I don't recall it.

At least whenever India came back to town, someone asked her about Dorie.

by Anonymousreply 126October 25, 2020 2:53 PM

[quote]Killing off Lujack was stupid. Was that Pam?

The decision to leave in 1985 was definitely Vince's. He confirmed that in his Locher Room session this week.

As for how to write off Lujack, Pam Long was still HW at that point, but left on maternity leave right after that. She's the one who killed Lujack, but certainly higher ups at CBS and P&G had to sign off on it.

Pam said a few years ago in a podcast interview (no Source Troll, I don't recall where), that she was still a relatively young (as in inexperienced) HW when he opted not to renew her contract. She said she didn't understand/appreciate that actors want to try their luck in Hollywood and when they don't hit it big will then often want to return to the soaps 2 or 3 years later (something especially true of 20something actors). She thought when they said they were gone, they were gone for good. She indicated she would have handled Vince's departure differently if she'd been more experienced.

I suspect if she'd had a few more years under her belt when Vince left, she would have still killed Lujack off, but left it so the body was never found. That would have made it easier for Vince to return as Lujack down the road.

by Anonymousreply 127October 25, 2020 3:09 PM

[quote] At least whenever India came back to town, someone asked her about Dorie.

That was when Pam Long was writing the show, and the character Dorie was originally introduced by a different head writer!

by Anonymousreply 128October 25, 2020 3:11 PM

When India came back in 1990, Phillip asked her about Dorie. Pam was still HW at that point.

When India came back in 1997, someone asked about Dorie then too. I think it was Ross. Brown and Essenstein were HW at that point.

When India was back in 2002 for the Phillip's Ex-Wives stockholders episodes, I'm pretty sure Dorie was mentioned then too, but can't swear to it. Millie Taggart was HW at that point.

by Anonymousreply 129October 25, 2020 3:16 PM

Sort of bouncing off the Dorie conversation and the earlier Sheffer one, Kathy Hays used to drop in references to the offscreen Hughes girls that weren't in the script since Sheffer and Goutman didn't seem to know they existed.

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2020 3:21 PM

[quote]When the egregiously miscast Toby Poser played Amanda did she mention Matthew?

I don't think Amanda mentioned her mother Jennifer or his sister Morgan, let alone her adopted son Matthew.

In fact, I think even when they were playing that godawful Amanda is really Brandon Spaulding's child, not Alan's child storyline, they somehow managed to mention Jennifer by name only a time or two. And that was just in passing mentions, as in Brandon seduced Jennifer one night when she came to see Alan, or something like that. Otherwise, they kept the focus on Brandon being the father and not who the mother was.

I also don't think Lucille Wexler was ever mentioned during Toby's 2.5 year run as Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 131October 25, 2020 3:36 PM

Alan is going to do a virtual reunion for Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 132October 25, 2020 3:48 PM

I remember when he was Captain Video's ranger. Then he hit it big for 50 years on CBS. Retired in 2010.

by Anonymousreply 133October 25, 2020 3:51 PM

The fat ugly janitor queens at SON are bitching about Alan’s benefit stream for 26 ATWT cast members. Those fools will never be happy with anything. Eeyore Carl is crying between posting about the benefit and how he knows that DJT will be reelected. Vee is scrubbing toilets and the others are licking his ass. SON is exhausting

by Anonymousreply 134October 25, 2020 3:56 PM

A thought: is it possible VI auditioned for Catlin Ewing on AW? I know he wasn't introduced until early January 1984, but his existence was set up when Blaine and Larry's mom died in the summer of '83.

by Anonymousreply 135October 25, 2020 4:26 PM

And stupid, dumb Dylan at SON is confused about everything. He’s so fucking dumb! I’d tell him that if I hadn’t been banned for telling Vee that he’s an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 136October 25, 2020 4:27 PM

The awfulness of the Amanda is Brandon's daughter after all was having the name JENNIFER RICHARDS on the birth cert they used as proof. A bit of continuity would have listed Jane Marie Stafford.

by Anonymousreply 137October 25, 2020 4:50 PM

R129 in 2002 India mentions Dorie in a conversation with Blake and Harley.

by Anonymousreply 138October 25, 2020 4:52 PM

[quote]A thought: is it possible VI auditioned for Catlin Ewing on AW? I know he wasn't introduced until early January 1984, but his existence was set up when Blaine and Larry's mom died in the summer of '83.

That's entirely possible. Vincent would certainly have fit in the mold of Catlin. He said in the Locher Room that AW offered him the role a year earlier. It's entirely possible that here some 37 years later, his perception of time is now off somewhat. He was wrong about Beth and Nick sharing scenes (he clearly just saw Beth Chamberlain on TV in the role). So, he could have been wrong about the timing of the AW offer.

by Anonymousreply 139October 25, 2020 4:55 PM

[quote]n 2002 India mentions Dorie in a conversation with Blake and Harley

Don't you mean Blaine and Harley?

by Anonymousreply 140October 25, 2020 4:56 PM

Another loon from SON: the vet soap person who always adds The to Guiding Light. Hasn’t watched soaps since the 70s and is posting? Hates all soap characters from the 70s forward. My gawd what a loon

by Anonymousreply 141October 25, 2020 5:03 PM

Toby Poser’s Amanda did indeed mention Jennifer. There was a scene where Amanda called Jennifer.

by Anonymousreply 142October 25, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote]egregiously miscast Toby Poser played Amanda

And by that casting, they made Toby younger than Phillip! Grant was born in 1960, Toby in 1969. That killed the backstory of Alan's tryst with Jane Marie Stafford happening when they were teenagers.

Ironically, Toby said in a Soap Weekly interview, or maybe Soap Digest, that she went to the same high school in Baltimore that Grant had gone to. Grant was held up as an alum who had been successful, someone to aspire to be like.

by Anonymousreply 143October 25, 2020 5:08 PM

That should read they made AMANDA younger than Phillip!

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 144October 25, 2020 5:09 PM

What was the point of Alexandra finding she had a black half-sister, Victoria, in Barbados in 1984 if they weren't going to do something with that reveal in the long run?

by Anonymousreply 145October 25, 2020 5:12 PM

Toby talks a lot about the high school overlap with Grant in the podcast she did with that Matt guy. You know the one who gets all the GL stars (who IS he?) but can't afford decent internet. Half the time there's a weird delay and he appears to be staring at them with deranged eyeballs.

I listened to that one and didn't know she screen-tested with Kurt McKinney. I would have thought her screen test would have been with Jerry Ver Dorn given the Amanda/Ross/Blake triangle they pushed.

by Anonymousreply 146October 25, 2020 5:20 PM

Toby Poser was appealing and talented and I would have embraced her as a new character, but she was terribly miscast as nuAmanda.

They had a number of options if they'd wanted a strong third for a Ross/Blake/Third triangle. Bringing back Amanda was not a good idea. And while almost all of Zaslow's pairings were great, something about his work with both Wendy Moniz and Toby was just.....negative.

After considering the Moniz thread from a few months ago.....I'm having a hard time imagining Zas putting up with even a second of Wendy's shit.

by Anonymousreply 147October 25, 2020 5:47 PM

140 She actually says Blair. LOL

by Anonymousreply 148October 25, 2020 5:51 PM

What podcast did Judi Evans speak on recently?

Can someone please link it.

by Anonymousreply 149October 25, 2020 6:13 PM

The SON loons are abundant! Pervert Soapsuds and The Vetsoapfan who has to always refer to GL as The Guiding Light. Has dumb Dylan learned anything today? Dumb Dylan goes into a tailspin if anyone says anything bad about Adam on Y&R. It takes days for Dumb Dylan to recover.

by Anonymousreply 150October 25, 2020 6:22 PM

R145 they used Victoria around 98-01 in minor ways but didn’t really bring her significantly correct.

by Anonymousreply 151October 25, 2020 6:26 PM

That wasn't even THAT Victoria.

The Victoria Spaulding on GL in the late 90s was - can't remember, either the daughter or granddaughter of the one that Alex met in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 152October 25, 2020 6:57 PM

It should be said that Don Hastings was top-billed on As The World Turns, even billed ABOVE Helen Wagner who spoke the first words on the first episode of ATWT

As The World Turns

Starring

Don Hastings

As

Dr. Bob Hughes

by Anonymousreply 153October 25, 2020 7:03 PM

Not to be outdone, after seeing Don Hastings get TOP BILLING - Eileen Fulton DEMANDED End Billing on the credit crawl. So after the entire cast, and even the dayplayers and extras

And

Eileen Fulton

As

Lisa Miller Grimaldi

by Anonymousreply 154October 25, 2020 7:06 PM

If you are going to troll at least get it right. Don Hastings got first credit (based on seniority, followed by Patsy Bruder, Bryggman, Hays, et al.), but got no additional credit. Eileen Fulton's credit was at the end, but just said "Lisa."

by Anonymousreply 155October 25, 2020 7:32 PM

Wasn’t the billing on P&G shows based on how long they were on contract-except Eileen Fulton, who negotiated the last credit into her contract?

That’s why Helen Wagner and Dom McLaughlin weren’t put back at the top of the list when they put back on contract in 1985.

by Anonymousreply 156October 25, 2020 7:41 PM

In the mid-90s the P&G dropped the "seniority" billing and billed everyone in alphabetical order

EXCEPT Another World

as Victoria Wyndham would find herself billed last instead of first. - So AW kept

Another World

Starring

Victoria Wyndham

as

Rachel Davis Hutchins

by Anonymousreply 157October 25, 2020 7:47 PM

r150 Vee got me banned from SON too because I argued against him. Fuck that guy. Thinks every new poster except idiot dylan is a troll.

Vee is the reason SON sucks and why they only have 8 posters now. Errol cant pay rent bc of Vee.

by Anonymousreply 158October 25, 2020 8:30 PM

I noticed Denise Alexander had end credit on AW as Mary McKinnon.

Poser was so miscast as Amanda; no mentions of Jennifer or Matthew; the scribes at the time didn't know any of the backstory nor did they care to find out.

This was a crucial time for GL; post OJ, it needed to rally; it was coming off a bad creative period where it turned into Santa Barbara.

When Grant returned in 1996, there was a new Alan, a new Amanda, a new Alexandra; Hearst was still there but he and Grant had only overlapped a few months in 1990 and early 1991.

GL had a long death.

by Anonymousreply 159October 25, 2020 8:35 PM

Victoria Wyndham was billed AHEAD of Irene Dailey, Constance Ford and Beverly Penberthy who were all there LONGER than Wyndham

Yet Wyndham received top billing, despite having LESS seniority than those other actresses listed above

by Anonymousreply 160October 25, 2020 8:43 PM

r159

Didn't Phillip show up for AM and Lucy's wedding? I wasn't really watching GL that much during that time, were AM and Lucy really that popular?

by Anonymousreply 161October 25, 2020 8:43 PM

Those billings in the crawl didn't really mean much (in the U.S. anyway) after CBS began to insert their own teeny-tiny version of the end credits that ran like quick flash cards down at the bottom of the screen, so they use the rest of the screen to promote their prime time schedule.

by Anonymousreply 162October 25, 2020 9:27 PM

Who were Dorie's parents?

by Anonymousreply 163October 25, 2020 10:34 PM

[quote] Didn't Phillip show up for AM and Lucy's wedding?

Yes Grant Alexander and Rick Hearst overlapped for a few months in 1996

by Anonymousreply 164October 25, 2020 10:46 PM

R159 Go back and watch the tapes. Toby Poser’s Amanda DID mention Jennifer and did a one way phone call.

by Anonymousreply 165October 25, 2020 11:00 PM

R165, is it sad that remember that? Hoping you have other things in your life.

by Anonymousreply 166October 25, 2020 11:05 PM

R154 Fulton already had her *special* last-spot billing in the end credits when Don Hastings was in the No. 2 spot behind No. 1 Don MacLaughlin. See the video link from 1982.

Also, at some point I remember they began listing Fulton as the monomymous "Lisa" like Cher, Madonna, Beyoncé .... lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 25, 2020 11:17 PM

R166 That was rude.

by Anonymousreply 168October 25, 2020 11:22 PM

R163 I don't remember that we were ever told? I think that was the point, that she was an orphan and India adopted her.

by Anonymousreply 169October 25, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote] is it sad that remember that? Hoping you have other things in your life.

Since we have been in lockdown for MONTHS, some of us have been watching old soap episodes on YouTube

by Anonymousreply 170October 25, 2020 11:37 PM

I never noticed before, but in r167's crawl Patsy Bruder was listed where she properly should have been, due to having been taken off contract (at the end of the half-hour version of the show?), but by a few years later she was given seniority as if she never left. It's odd that they never did that for Helen Wagner.

by Anonymousreply 171October 25, 2020 11:43 PM

Fulton shits her diapers these days. She won’t be there.

by Anonymousreply 172October 25, 2020 11:52 PM

R166, no need to be so petty; some of us have fond memories of these shows and encyclopedic memories, VHS tapes (ok that's a [italic] little [/italic] sad, and there's YouTube.

These shows filled a void in people's lives in a lot of cases; raised by families who were incapable or unwilling to show love, we found it in the kitchens and the living rooms of ones in the homes of the Matthews, Cory, Hughes, Bauer, Lewis and Spaulding families.

I hope you have someone in your life who loves you; if not, try loving yourself first.

If you have the slightest idea how.

God help us if we didn't have those shows.

by Anonymousreply 173October 25, 2020 11:53 PM

You go Miss R173!!

"Try love....if you have the slightest idea what that is..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 26, 2020 12:35 AM

I suspect Pam was trying to introduce some long term black characters to GL in 1984 when she created Alexandra's black half sister, Victoria Spaulding. Why go to all that trouble to create that storyline and then drop the character? Seems odd. I imagine the network, or perhaps P&G, vetoed the idea of have the black characters on long term. I'm not basing that on anything I've ever read/heard. It's purely speculation on my park.

To the best of my memory, there were no long-term black characters on GL in the 1980s until the introduction of Hamp Speaks in 1989, followed by Gilly Grant , also in 1989. And that would have been Pam's doing. Oh, I'm sure there were black characters in short term roles, especially playing gang members or nurses or orderlies during 80s. But I'm talking fully fleshed out black characters played by black actors who had long term contracts.

by Anonymousreply 175October 26, 2020 2:31 AM

You’re correct Aunt Liz/r175. Seems like it was a CBS issue; ATWT didn’t have black contract characters until 1983/84, and Y&R didn’t introduce them until 1985.

Was Peggy Harris on AW a long term, contract character, or was she recurring ? Ellen Holly says that character was the first black character on contract on daytime, but Ellen is not the most reliable source. She was introduced in 1965. Linda Metcalf was brought onto AW in 1972.

by Anonymousreply 176October 26, 2020 2:55 AM

Y&R went from Tucker and Heather to Heather and Roy to Roy and Jessica to Jessica and Blake...

one black character on, another off.

Plus, black couples would talk endlessly about white characters; Roy and Heather were always talking about poor Frannie on ATWT during the Doug Cummings crisis and HEATHER was almost killed by him.

by Anonymousreply 177October 26, 2020 4:25 AM

According to Variety's obituary for actress, Ja'Net DuBois, earlier this year:

[quote] Her 1970-72 stint as Loretta Allen on the TV soap opera “Love of Life” made her the first African American woman who was a regular cast member on a daytime serial.

by Anonymousreply 178October 26, 2020 4:37 AM

^^^ What got cut off, is, while that's not true, she would be an actress on a CBS soap.

by Anonymousreply 179October 26, 2020 4:44 AM

We're white and we did nothing but talk about Shawn and Belle.

by Anonymousreply 180October 26, 2020 5:10 AM

Dylan is so fucking dumb. He is yapping about Y&R cutting Jack’s office set. It hasn’t been used in a few weeks. Doesn’t mean it is cut permanently moron! I can’t wait until Y&R gets rid of Adam and Chelsea so that dumbDylan goes berserk!

by Anonymousreply 181October 26, 2020 9:42 AM

If anyone says something bad about Adam on Y&R or Mark Grossman, Dumbass Dylan from SON has to take a ‘hiatus’ from twitter. He’s such a fucken snowflake. Expect a meltdown in 3......2.......

by Anonymousreply 182October 26, 2020 10:09 AM

Watched Judi and Vincent’s Locher Room. They have such easy/breezy. They have wonderful chemistry. I can see why Beth/Lujack were so popular. GL needed this couple to stay. I think they should have sent Phillip to prison, and brought Lujack back. Though, not sure how Beth C and Vincent would have faired. I think they would have had chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 183October 26, 2020 11:32 AM

R183

DAYS made a stupid mistake not having them share scenes when he was on DAYS a couple years ago.

by Anonymousreply 184October 26, 2020 1:03 PM

[quote] To the best of my memory, there were no long-term black characters on GL in the 1980s until the introduction of Hamp Speaks

Actually Pam introduced one black character, who was on contract. He played Lujack best friend ( and friend of Beth's) I forgot what his name was, but he was on-contract but I think TPTB kept stalling Pam's efforts to expand black characters on the canvas.

by Anonymousreply 185October 26, 2020 1:17 PM

I think Victoria was the daughter, Sharina was the daughter. Victoria did stay in Springfield for a bit but they never used her and she got written out quickly.

by Anonymousreply 186October 26, 2020 2:35 PM

One of Lujack’s gang members was IQ. The black actor was gay and died of the aids.

by Anonymousreply 187October 26, 2020 2:36 PM

GH had a black female doctor in the late 60's, forgot her name. They didn't give her much to do.

by Anonymousreply 188October 26, 2020 3:20 PM

I think the Doctors also had a contract black character early on.

by Anonymousreply 189October 26, 2020 3:56 PM

Martha and Jim Frazier, 'Guiding Light' Martha, a registered nurse, and her husband, Jim, a doctor, were the first African-American characters to appear as regulars on a soap. They faded from view in 1967 but were the precursors of the many black characters who would come after them. Played by Cecily Tyson and James Earl Jones.

by Anonymousreply 190October 26, 2020 4:11 PM

I just stumbled on Bronson Picket twitter (Deigo from As The World Turns) - he is the guy that killed Damien and then Lily sought revenge

Anyways looks like Bronson Picket is full Trumper as he just retweeted something from Candice Malcolm and Blexit (Blacks to leave the Democratic party!)

and this is his twitter, because he has tweeted pictures of himself in happier times BEFORE the pandemic and before he got political

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 26, 2020 4:15 PM

Seriously, who the fuck cares about Bronson?

by Anonymousreply 192October 26, 2020 4:24 PM

AW's Peggy Harris, played by Micki Grant, debuted before the Fraziers (and lasted longer). Grant appeared in 465 episodes from 1965-1972.

by Anonymousreply 193October 26, 2020 4:25 PM

[quote]I just stumbled on Bronson Picket twitter (Diego from As The World Turns) - he is the guy that killed Damien and then Lily sought revenge

I hated him. I called him "Die + Go," because I wished he would. He was the pre-gay-storyline nadir of Oakdale storytelling—oh, and his sister, who called Lily "Lee-lee."

by Anonymousreply 194October 26, 2020 4:33 PM

Pam Long had a bad memory. She didn’t recall writing Reva’s post partum.

by Anonymousreply 195October 26, 2020 4:52 PM

So few characters after Marland were worth ever giving a damn about.

Carly sort of, but even she was apparently at least partly created by Marland. (or the seeds of her were, before his passing.)

by Anonymousreply 196October 26, 2020 4:58 PM

Doug liked his feets licked. So we got Kelly Nelson.

by Anonymousreply 197October 26, 2020 5:01 PM

Carly destroyed As the World Turns, unless you wanted to watch As the World Turns around Carly Tenney, which I did not, so I left and did not come back until Luke came out.

by Anonymousreply 198October 26, 2020 5:14 PM

I never got the CarJack love. I think Michael Park is sexy as fuck. I'd still do. I actually really like Maura West. The character. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 199October 26, 2020 5:40 PM

I liked Carly up to a point where she really ate the show and repeated herself.

Much like Reva at GL. The hunger and pain was compelling at first, but when it's rinse/repeat I am bored.

Michael Park was definitely sexy.

by Anonymousreply 200October 26, 2020 5:46 PM

I love Maura and I loved Carly.

Never liked Bronson Picket. Now I have another reason. It also looks like he posts to his own imdb page.

[quote] While he is still actively involved in Marteleron, he's now burst back onto the scene with a renewed passion, excited for his return to stage and film.

And it looks like that burst of energy lasted about 2 years (2013-15). Oh well. No great loss.

by Anonymousreply 201October 26, 2020 5:51 PM

Bronson licked the pussy of a fellow actress when they were both on ATWT. But shhhhhhhh.........

by Anonymousreply 202October 26, 2020 6:34 PM

anyway.....

by Anonymousreply 203October 26, 2020 7:30 PM

I wonder if/when Bronson cut off that hideous ponytail.

by Anonymousreply 204October 26, 2020 7:34 PM

What happened to Bob? He's having a smoke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 26, 2020 7:42 PM

Jim and Martha Frazier on Guiding Light 1966-67 would have been creations of Agnes Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 206October 26, 2020 10:29 PM

Bob got alot of pussy!

by Anonymousreply 207October 26, 2020 10:33 PM

anyway......

by Anonymousreply 208October 27, 2020 12:25 AM

I.Q. aka Martin, played by Jaison Walker, sang at Lujack's funeral.

Clip in link.

I can't find anything online about Walker. I believe I read he passed away years ago, back in the late 80s, as many actors did,

He was relegated to being a 'talk to' -- "hey man! know that India and Phillip are married, you can get back with Beth!"

Amazing voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 27, 2020 1:01 AM

Walker sings again in this late December 1985 tribute to Lujack.

That's What Friends Are For

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 27, 2020 1:06 AM

r210 Was Lujack gay?

by Anonymousreply 211October 27, 2020 1:09 AM

R211 ???????

by Anonymousreply 212October 27, 2020 1:26 AM

Could there have been more of a gay anthem at the end of 1985 than "That's What Friends Are For," R212?

by Anonymousreply 213October 27, 2020 1:41 AM

The vet soap queen at SON is pissy that he got called out for using TGL ha ha ha ha. The usual suspects came to his rescue. And dimwit Dylan does not use punctuation and cannot get his there/their/they’res correct. Vee has been otherwise policing everyone else’s post while soapsudz whacks off to the newest soap twinks.

by Anonymousreply 214October 27, 2020 2:10 AM

I miss Bob's thanksgiving toast; I wanted to be invited to the Hughes' household.

Live in their garage apartment.

With Hank.

by Anonymousreply 215October 27, 2020 4:04 AM

R214 who and what are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 216October 27, 2020 4:04 AM

r216 Don't feed the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 217October 27, 2020 4:38 AM

R216 Some deeply damaged, mentally ill person posts here and talks about people from other soap boards that absolutely none of us know.

I think this person is mentally ill and/or developmentally disabled - they simply do not understand we don't care.

Block them, as everyone should.

by Anonymousreply 218October 27, 2020 4:40 AM

copy; thanks

by Anonymousreply 219October 27, 2020 5:30 AM

We all just want to smack Dylan from SON upside the head and tell him to stop being so fucking stupid!

by Anonymousreply 220October 27, 2020 6:53 AM

Jaison Walker died of AIDS. I wish they had made IQ a gay black gang member.

by Anonymousreply 221October 27, 2020 1:41 PM

Did Chris Bernau partake in Jaison’s dark meat?

by Anonymousreply 222October 27, 2020 3:31 PM

Michael Angarano who plays Nick Pearson from "This Is Us" (and played Jack MacFarlane son on "Will & Grace")

Played the role of John & Iva son - MJ Dixon

His big storyline was that he dropped Carly's baby Parker on the floor! - then lied on the stand during the custody battle

Video below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 27, 2020 3:36 PM

Damn. They didn't show the baby hitting the floor.

by Anonymousreply 224October 27, 2020 3:54 PM

Who was the hottie that came in around 4:08?

MJ would have been a perfect younger character to bring back.....insane they never did.

by Anonymousreply 225October 27, 2020 4:09 PM

That was temporary Brad Snyder, Roy Eudon, an emergency hire when Nick Kokotakis fled.

by Anonymousreply 226October 27, 2020 5:17 PM

oh yeah, that's right.

by Anonymousreply 227October 27, 2020 5:35 PM

Now a hot silver daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 27, 2020 7:52 PM

Which actress gobbled up ATWT (like Reva did GL)... Lily, Carly, Katie or Gwen?

by Anonymousreply 229October 28, 2020 12:35 AM

[quote] Which actress gobbled up ATWT (like Reva did GL).

That would be Elizabeth Hubbard

by Anonymousreply 230October 28, 2020 12:38 AM

Juicy Janet

by Anonymousreply 231October 28, 2020 1:13 AM

Are we talking air time or scenery?

by Anonymousreply 232October 28, 2020 1:49 AM

The answer is they all did at one time or another r229.The order is:

Lily: 1986-92

Carly: 1997-02

Gwen: 2005-08

Katie overlapped the last three at varying times.

by Anonymousreply 233October 28, 2020 2:13 AM

R233 Elizabeth Hubbard was nominated for Best Actress Emmy from 1986 to 1992

by Anonymousreply 234October 28, 2020 2:15 AM

and R233 Hillary B. Smith got more airtime during her tenure than Martha Byrne

by Anonymousreply 235October 28, 2020 2:18 AM

Hillary said on a Locher Room that Hubbard ate the scenery with a knife and a fork.

I thought yeah, that's it. Watch this scene where she's trying to reason with Iva Snyder who was unaware, perhaps, that she was messing with Lily's mind.

Craig stares down Lucinda so, she stares right back at him even though she's directing her concerns to Iva.

The exchange between Craig and Lucy was classic.

"What's with you and Iva Snyder?"

"I might ask you the same thing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236October 28, 2020 2:40 AM

Hubbard’s an old bitch. She was nasty to Jada Rowland last week.

by Anonymousreply 237October 28, 2020 6:12 AM

That prissy queen from SON Vet Soap Fan goes on and on about being called out for TGL doesn't bother him. Bullshit! If it didn’t bother him, he would have never mentioned it, muchless do endless posts about how it doesn’t bother him. lolol TGL.

by Anonymousreply 238October 28, 2020 10:32 AM

Beth ate up more GL time until she “died”. Then it was the Reva show for a few years. By ‘88, it was a very balanced show.

by Anonymousreply 239October 28, 2020 11:29 AM

[quote] By ‘88, it was a very balanced show.

Well.....it got better by 1988. But the last year of Pam's stuff was even better, and then of course once she left, Nancy Curlee really balanced the show beautifully.

by Anonymousreply 240October 28, 2020 4:11 PM

R238 huh? Speak English.

by Anonymousreply 241October 28, 2020 4:13 PM

R241 Ignore the mentally ill person talking about her invisible friends. It's unrelated to our discussion here.

by Anonymousreply 242October 28, 2020 4:15 PM

Does anyone have any links to clips of John Hensley (Holden) barefoot? I've been dying to see his feet for years!

by Anonymousreply 243October 28, 2020 4:38 PM

You would have had to get them out of Doug Marland's mouth first....LOL

by Anonymousreply 244October 28, 2020 4:39 PM

I want to see the episodes from 1991 with the Walsh Shareholders meeting, where Kirk and Connor stole the company from Lucinda. Lucinda was devastated and very hurt because had given her proxy to Kirk and he used it against Lucinda; also she had treated Connor up to that as a surrogate daughter. For the foot troll, I recall the camera lingering over Holden’s body, starting at his feet, as he debated whether or not to vote against Lucinda.

I thought Liz Hubbard did amazing work there-it was much more subdued than her usual antics.

by Anonymousreply 245October 28, 2020 4:48 PM

Nola/Amanda/Beth/Reva ate GL in the early to mid 80's. Reva came back for seconds and thirds until the end. Any wonder the show got cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 246October 28, 2020 5:07 PM

All shows have front burner performers and sometimes they get overexposed.

But Reva was interesting all through the 80s.

It becomes over the top when either (a) every character has to be in that showeater's orbit, or (b) when stories get dumb or incredibly wacky just to prop the showeater. (Hello, clone/walking through a painting to time travel)

by Anonymousreply 247October 28, 2020 5:09 PM

What compounds things is the research will show viewers love, say, Reva, which is great except the takeaway is the more Reva the better. And that means never resting them between stories, which is how you end up having the, married seven times in five years, plus developing cancer, an addiction, finding a long-lost sibling, etc.

by Anonymousreply 248October 28, 2020 5:15 PM

Hubbard commanded attention. She decided Lucinda would be this larger-than-life type, hiding a shark and a wounded child underneath, and went with it. I'm sure it pissed off other actors (her loss to Zimmer at the 1987 Emmys is still a shock), but it doesn't make her a bad actor. You can disagree with some of the choices, though (and she could rein it in, as she did when she lost Neal Alcott, or lost Walsh).

To someone upstream: Martha Byrne may not have eaten the show from 1986 to 1990, but Lily sure did. Everyone wanted to know how she was. That show loved its small talk, and all small talk made its way to Lily at some point. Lily's happiness preoccupied Iva, Lucinda, Dusty, Holden, sometimes John. Emily's distaste for her actually made her rooting value stronger (Emily was a slutty teen who fucked James Stenbeck and his teenaged son, and somehow most of us loved her, because, I think, she had Lily's number).

by Anonymousreply 249October 28, 2020 6:09 PM

Nancy Hughes didn't give one MOTHER FUCK about Lily Walsh.

Martha Byrne being the object of Jon Hensley's affection was pure fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 250October 28, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote] Everyone wanted to know how she was. That show loved its small talk, and all small talk made its way to Lily at some point.

Yes, I was way more weary of Lily, Lily, Lily. But for the beginning of that, it was good story. After Lily discovered Iva was her mother, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 251October 28, 2020 8:58 PM

R245, Emma went over to Lucy's to comfort her after losing her company and being so betrayed by Connor.

She put her hand on Lucinda's shoulder and Lucinda JUMPED.

Don't you dare comfort me!!!

by Anonymousreply 252October 28, 2020 10:11 PM

Lucinda was great. She was dramatic but I believed her. I’ve seen really successful people who are that grand and self involved. There was a real honesty at the core of the performance.

So, yeah, she did things with props at times that pulled focus, but when I acted in high school my belief was upstaging is fine when it supplies the entertainment viewers weren’t getting from the scene. So good for her! She entertained the hell out of us.

by Anonymousreply 253October 28, 2020 10:46 PM

Beth and Reva were hugely popular in the 80s. Beth was in two huge super couples back to back. Beth and Reva evolved. Once Beth was presumed dead, Reva really took over.

by Anonymousreply 254October 28, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote]Nola/Amanda/Beth/Reva ate GL in the early to mid 80's.

Amanda?

Amanda ate the show?

Not to the extent Beth and Reva did.

by Anonymousreply 255October 28, 2020 10:59 PM

Ron Gonzalez - fuck you!!

by Anonymousreply 256October 28, 2020 11:57 PM

I loved all the corporate intrigue at WorldWide Industries. Lucinda played the flamboyant CEO to the hilt, and I loved her cronies Ambrose and Jane. She played off so well against Craig and Kirk. When the focus went off her business in the later years, something was missing.

by Anonymousreply 257October 29, 2020 12:24 AM

Liz Hubbard can eat my cunt!

by Anonymousreply 258October 29, 2020 12:31 AM

Douglas Marland pitched a story to Helen Wagner where her character Nancy would be a shop-lifter - as many senior's shoplift to cover the loneliness they feel

Wagner shot him down

by Anonymousreply 259October 29, 2020 12:36 AM

Amanda was prominent 1980-the tail end of 82. And even more so I forgot about Morgan! Amanda, Nola and Morgan were omnipresent before Beth arrived.

by Anonymousreply 260October 29, 2020 12:46 AM

[quote]Amanda was prominent 1980-the tail end of 82.

There is a HUGE difference between being prominent and eating the show.

I would agree that Amanda was front burner under much of Marland's reign. But she was hardly someone played in 10 scenes a day, 4-5 days a week, as both Beth and Reva were at various points under Pam Long.

by Anonymousreply 261October 29, 2020 12:51 AM

When Lujack died, and Grant being off the show, there was no male to naturally put Beth with. Bolger didn’t have the chemistry she had with Vincent or Grant. Was Rick still on the show? That would have been the direction I’d have gone but Judi left. GL was also having its worst year even Reva wasn’t all that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 262October 29, 2020 1:12 AM

R262 they paired Judi up with Michael Wilding (Liz Taylor son) - but when Judi decided to leave, she gave the show enough advance notice to plan her exit. So they axed her romance with Wilding and then suddenly put Beth and Philip back together - then killed the character of Beth off

That way if Judi ever came back, they would have a Phillip & Beth reunion

And they did in 1990 when Pam Long returned to write the show

by Anonymousreply 263October 29, 2020 2:55 AM

Helen Wagner was. well, not the warmest person in the world.

by Anonymousreply 264October 29, 2020 3:09 AM

Helen shits all over poor Emma Snyder for being a tramp in this interview. Didn’t she have a problem with the Luke/Noah story, and Don Hastings said something like , “what do you expect? She’s an old German.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265October 29, 2020 3:22 AM

She also was if I recall a bit icy about Colleen in that video.

by Anonymousreply 266October 29, 2020 3:25 AM

Here's a thread some P&G people might be interested in.

It's gauging interest in a streaming service for old soap episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 29, 2020 7:51 AM

Helen Wagner was a cunt to Miss Van Hansis.

by Anonymousreply 268October 29, 2020 8:35 AM

Was Bob hung?

Cut or uncut?

Did his sons Tom and Chris inherit the Hughes family jewels?

by Anonymousreply 269October 29, 2020 2:18 PM

Pervy Soapsuds from SON is upset because Roger Howarth played Paul Ryan on the reunion last night. Poor pervy Soapsuds doesn’t understand that old Grampa aged gay men isn’t a soap operas target audience.

by Anonymousreply 270October 29, 2020 2:43 PM

UNSEEN footage of Helen Wagner doing satellite interviews with Martha Byrne on the As The World Turns Anniversary

Since this was taken off the network feed - we see Helen as herself in-between the switches from one local CBS station to another local CBS station

Fascinating!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 29, 2020 2:46 PM

You all thought Connie Ford was a hardass but you haven't been shaded until Helen shaded you!

by Anonymousreply 272October 29, 2020 2:52 PM

Frances Reid was like that too. She hated Deidre Hall and Susan Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 273October 29, 2020 3:18 PM

Charita Bauer kicked me with her good leg! That bitch!

by Anonymousreply 274October 29, 2020 3:21 PM

I loved seeing Kathy Hays and Colleen last night! Liz didnt care enough to stick around—I suppose its a wknder she was there given that she starts drinking at lunch. I want to see Eileen even if its from the hospital bed in her brother’s living room!!!!

by Anonymousreply 275October 29, 2020 3:40 PM

Was Colleen sober?

by Anonymousreply 276October 29, 2020 3:44 PM

Dr. Bob Don Hastings was the star of last night's reunion -- has not aged at all. Nor has Larry Bryggman -- great hearing his voice again and seeing him in good health.

Not all the actors stuck around for the Q&A after, but those who did had fun. Tom Wiggin and Melanie Smith were a hoot -- you could tell they were loving being reunited w/ everyone. Michael Park shared tales of the beloved Benjamin Hendrickson. Marnie Schulenberg took the opportunity to update and educate about her breast cancer battle -- very heroic.

by Anonymousreply 277October 29, 2020 4:49 PM

Did Michael Park say whether or not he ever partook in Benjamin’s cock?

by Anonymousreply 278October 29, 2020 4:50 PM

Because 26 actors where at the Reunion, could someone list WHO didn't show up?

Obviously Eileen Fulton, but anyone else who were no shows?

by Anonymousreply 279October 29, 2020 6:27 PM

Martha Byrne is still bitter. Get over it sweetie!

by Anonymousreply 280October 29, 2020 8:39 PM

It gets muddled because some of the actors who showed up weren't part of the end cast that appeared in the final episode, so these actors were playing the parts of other actors who didn't participate. e.g. Terri Conn's husband, Austin Peck filled in for "Chris Hughes" opposite her "Katie." And Mike Collier's screen name had him playing "Dusty." Was that Alexandra Chando playing "Lily"? I don't recognize the actress whose screen name had her as "Susan Stewart."

btw - Trent Dawson needs to lay off the cupcakes.

by Anonymousreply 281October 29, 2020 9:39 PM

Well so far we know Daniel Cosgrove, Grayson McCoouch, Noelle Beck and Marie Masters were no shows.

by Anonymousreply 282October 29, 2020 9:45 PM

Can we watch this anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 283October 29, 2020 9:51 PM

Was Kathleen Widdows at the reunion? She was Emmy Snyder from 1985 until the end.

by Anonymousreply 284October 29, 2020 9:58 PM

R284 Kathleen Widdows wasn't in the finale - she was written out a month before the finale aired

by Anonymousreply 285October 29, 2020 9:59 PM

We also know that Yvonne Perry showed up to play "Rosanna" instead of the character's last incarnation, Cady McClain. And is that Tom Wiggin?? filling in for the last "Craig" (Jon Lindstrom).

by Anonymousreply 286October 29, 2020 10:07 PM

R283 For your donation of $15 they will still send you a link to watch.

by Anonymousreply 287October 29, 2020 10:10 PM

Where are y'all watching this? Link?

by Anonymousreply 288October 29, 2020 10:10 PM

Was Fulton stuck on a toilet somewhere in North Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 289October 29, 2020 10:11 PM

[quote] btw - Trent Dawson needs to lay off the cupcakes.

Gurl!

by Anonymousreply 290October 29, 2020 10:27 PM

R281 The actress who played "Susan" was Margaret Reed (ex-Shannon). ... Also, Melanie Smith played the role of "Emily" instead of the last one, Kelly Menighan.

by Anonymousreply 291October 30, 2020 12:15 AM

Where is the link?

by Anonymousreply 292October 30, 2020 1:43 AM

You have to

P

A

Y

for the link

by Anonymousreply 293October 30, 2020 1:48 AM

I'm curious what everyone would pick as ATWT's all-time best storyline.

by Anonymousreply 294October 30, 2020 1:48 AM

I can't pick one but this is a pretty decent list, if you ask me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 30, 2020 1:57 AM

I can't pick just one but top five are: Doug Cummings, Sabrina, Barbara's transformation from victim to bitch to heroine; Lily's paternity; Lucinda/Craig/Sierra, Bob/Kim/Susan....that's six actually

by Anonymousreply 296October 30, 2020 4:40 AM

Even though Beth and Reva dominated GL in the mid-80s, the show was still fairly balanced. Both were among the most popular soap characters in all of daytime. Strangely, both had a similar run (83-09) with some years off yet they never really interacted much nor had a story together.

by Anonymousreply 297October 30, 2020 11:33 AM

James' return ("Hello, Barbara") has got to rank up there. I actually screamed...not a Diana scream, though.

by Anonymousreply 298October 30, 2020 11:54 AM

R298 It was definitely a "Mary!" moment.

I was a teenager but I remember clutching a strand of invisible Nancy Hughes pearls around my neck when I saw that scene!

by Anonymousreply 299October 30, 2020 1:55 PM

Beth and Reva drove me away from GL. So many better actresses who were ignored, sidelined or defused.

Reva stopping stalker Holly when she abducted the children was particularly awful. Poor Maureen Garrett.

by Anonymousreply 300October 30, 2020 5:00 PM

That was a terrible story, and supposedly one that came down from the network.

by Anonymousreply 301October 30, 2020 5:05 PM

Beth and Reva were very interesting in the 80s. Not saying they weren’t afterwards but I don’t see how they would drive anybody away. The show was still had plenty of story for others. If some of us could get through the Harley show anything is possible.

by Anonymousreply 302October 30, 2020 9:32 PM

Harley mid-00 was some of the worst story ever.

by Anonymousreply 303October 30, 2020 10:27 PM

I have so many damn Locher Rooms and whatnot to catch up on. Can't these bitches space things out a little?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304October 30, 2020 11:18 PM

Locher Room is embarassing. Do you remember your first day? Who did you test with? What have you learned about yourself during non quarantine because we are going out again? Plus, Locher is so fucking ugly!!!! It’s a MESS!

by Anonymousreply 305October 31, 2020 2:02 AM

hopefully there will be more sessions with stars from THE Guiding Light.

by Anonymousreply 306October 31, 2020 4:30 AM

Vee is arranging all interviews from TGL. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 307October 31, 2020 8:04 AM

New thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 31, 2020 2:18 PM

(not sure if we were Murieled but it seems like maybe - so thus the new thread)

by Anonymousreply 309October 31, 2020 3:07 PM

Not murieled yet.

We also have the WHET to Beth Raines thread.

by Anonymousreply 310October 31, 2020 3:21 PM

Just to reiterate: The Beth Raines thread has been Murieled.

by Anonymousreply 311December 27, 2020 10:24 PM

James Rebhorn and Jack Warden were both mentioned above but both demand more attention! They were great character actors and had no problem jumping between movies and TV. No awards for them EXCEPT constantly being employed.

by Anonymousreply 312January 2, 2021 6:58 PM

Remember when Eileen plugged up the studio toilets? What the fuck was she eating??????

by Anonymousreply 313January 3, 2021 7:33 PM

It is more likely Hubbard who clogged up those toilets - she's full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 314January 3, 2021 8:40 PM

Hubbard was very difficult to work with. She’s very out there and does her own shit. Hard for her co-stars and directors. No wonder all her scenes seemed choppy and she couldn’t put together a good Emmy reel. She was all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 315January 3, 2021 11:10 PM

Ne parle pas aux trolls!

by Anonymousreply 316January 4, 2021 2:13 AM

Vee gave Liz Hubbard permission to ad-lib. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 317January 4, 2021 2:30 AM

Did Colleen have the liquor shits in Brooklyn?

by Anonymousreply 318January 4, 2021 5:26 AM

Well we know through google search that Colleen has at least 2 dui’s. Must have pissed herself a time or two. Prolly the shits too. She a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 319January 4, 2021 10:03 AM

When is Eileen F gonna be on the Locher Room?

Bring back KZ by herself or only with Watros, Chappell, Wright, and Ehlers

by Anonymousreply 320January 21, 2021 1:13 AM

Oh for chrissakes. Fulton is aged and cannot think for herself.

by Anonymousreply 321January 21, 2021 3:31 AM

Has Alan asked Marj and Beverlee to do a Locher Room together?

by Anonymousreply 322January 26, 2021 2:06 AM

Bev declined the Locher Room because its not in her contract.

by Anonymousreply 323January 26, 2021 9:27 AM

[quote] Has Alan asked Marj and Beverlee to do a Locher Room together?

Yes, and he will ask them if they remember their first day in Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 324January 26, 2021 12:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!