Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Democrats are taking over the Senate in 2020 ... Part II

As polls have shown for two years, Moscow Mitch McConnell is going to lose control of the Senate after Election Day.

The only difference now is that Democrats might add to their majority seats from deep red states like Alaska Mississippi and Kansas!

Republicans are in DEEP SHIT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25513 hours ago

The polls have been saying this for years. Trump's Deplorable crimes, neglect and the pandemic are just increasing Democratic Party returns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110/12/2020

Here is the link to the first thread, if you need to catch up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210/12/2020

thanks

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2020

And, the Repukes know it as well. They’re freaking out. November 3 is very likely going to be quite a bad night for them. The Dems are going to pick up seats that no one ever expected.

And let’s not forget what La Senatrice, the Lady G, prophetically said in 2016:

[quote] [bold] “If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed … and we will deserve it” [/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410/12/2020

I hope we can take the Senate this year, with or without Jones.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2020

I hope this happens but

can someone explain

how could something happen in South Carolina where both Trump and Harrison win? I mean I know Trump polls more favorably than Graham but how many people would vote for Trump and Harrison? That doesn't make sense

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2020

I don't count on it. But I hope it is true.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2020

Jones isn’t out of it. Don’t under estimate him. Though, we’ve long counted on not counting on this seat.

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2020

So which states do we think the Democrats are winning if the vote were held right now? I say AZ, CO, IA, ME, and NC (where the sex scandal hasn't moved the polls).

That should cover Dem losses in AL and MI if such are to be. With a little momentum we could also get SC, MT, GA (at least one), AK, and maybe even MS and TX. Then say hello to two new blue senators from DC!

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2020

R9, I would add Kansas to this list of possible pick-ups. Barbara Bollier, the Democratic nominee (who used to be a Repub), has been endorsed by former Republican Senator Nancy Kassebaum, for whom Bollier worked. Remember, in 2018 Kansas elected a Democratic Governor.

by Anonymousreply 1010/13/2020

"Republicans are in DEEP SHIT."

If so, it's well earned.

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2020

AZ and CO are done. I don't see GOP holding those. ME is 99% Dem pick up. And it looks like NC is also about 80-90% as "sex scandal" did not appear to damage Cunningham at all.

I would say IA and MT are 50/50.

And everything else depends on how badly Trump performs in each of those states.

Today's Morning Consult polls look outstanding for most of them except for SC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2020

Thanks, R10, I should have included KS among the possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2020

The Cook Political Report notes a leftward tilt in these Senate races:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1410/13/2020

I am praying for a Senate takeover but remained extremely cautious. If more Republican Governors take the route of Abbott in Texas (he won last night the 5th Circuit ruling and is gloating) or Republicans continue to do things like the ballot boxes in California, then I doubt if the Senate switches. Voter turnout with votes that are counted is critical.

by Anonymousreply 1510/13/2020

Turnout is very important. But no matter what I really don't see this election ending well. Both sides appear to getting ready for a fight and it will be ugly. I am not sure what the outcome of all this will be. Likely the election will be decided on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 1610/13/2020

Are shenanigans by Republican governors happening in AZ and IA? Democrats are governors in CO, ME, and NC. And MT.

by Anonymousreply 1710/13/2020

Democrats see taking the Senate without Jones.

So you can shut up about him, r5.

by Anonymousreply 1810/13/2020

Trump is anti-Iraq war, R6.

Graham was one of the biggest promoters of the Iraq war.

Graham also trashed Trump in 2016 before prostituting himself and the voters remember that.

Graham is also gay and many South Carolinians are learning about it for the first time.

Harrison and Trump both want economic stimulus and unemployment benefits. Graham is helping McConnell block it.

by Anonymousreply 1910/13/2020

The polls show Ossof is taking Georgia, r9.

by Anonymousreply 2010/13/2020

R15 is a right-wing fearmonger and propagandist.

The Democrats have all the momentum and enough gains to cover any losses.

The majority is pissed about these Supreme Court steals.

by Anonymousreply 2110/13/2020

R16 is a very obvious Boris trying to incite doubt and a civil war.

His scenario is not going to happen and Trump-Putin don’t own the courts, which are going to shut them down.

by Anonymousreply 2210/13/2020

thanks for starting a new thread

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2020

R22, which courts? Dems lost the courts.

by Anonymousreply 2410/13/2020

Why did the first thread get greyed out?

by Anonymousreply 2510/13/2020

Republicans don’t control the courts.

They don’t even control conservative judges.

by Anonymousreply 2610/13/2020

R26, turn on your TV right now.

by Anonymousreply 2710/13/2020

Doug Jones is thought to be a leading candidate to be AG under Biden.

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2020

If this all happens, the Democratic Majority needs to sharpen their elbows and become as aggressively unrelenting as the Republicans have been. This playing nice doesn’t work with the evilness of the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 2910/13/2020

From the 1st thread: this link allows you to either customize or allocate evenly donation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3010/13/2020

Lady G was crying about political donations this morning in his questioning at the Barret hearings. He really doesn't like the fact that people from all over the country who, as he rightly inferred, hate his guts are contributing to defeat him. He can't fight the world.

by Anonymousreply 3110/13/2020

[quote] Doug Jones is thought to be a leading candidate to be AG under Biden.

Not if he keeps his Senate seat. Sally Yates is likely a strong contender for AG. So is Tony West, who is related to Kamala, and was in the DOJ leadership under Holder.

by Anonymousreply 3210/13/2020

Mitch McTurtle fucking embarrassed himself in the debate. Laughing about Covid.....fuck you, Mitch.

by Anonymousreply 3310/13/2020

Don't worry. The Russians will come through

by Anonymousreply 3410/13/2020

R20 - you do know that if no candidate gets an outright 50% majority, the two top plurality ones (Ossoff and Purdue) go to a Dec runoff, which are skewed towards Republicans. Maybe.. just maybe... Warnock will bring more black voters for his runoff at the same time... we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 3510/13/2020

R35, Ossoff and Perdue are running in a separate race from Warnock. Warnock's race (in which he's ahead with a plurality) is the one with multiple candidate from each party that goes to a runoff.

by Anonymousreply 3610/13/2020

Both statewide races need 50% which is how Abrams ended up in a runoff two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3710/13/2020

But it always goes to a runoff between only two candidates who DON'T need 50%.

Ossoff and Perdue will face off in a runoff like Georgia's other senate seat because neither have ever polled above 50%.

It would be nice if Ossoff could just blow Perdue and the Libertarian Hazel right out-of-the-water on Nov. 3, especially because most of Hazel's voters are likely to switch to Perdue.

But that's unlikely. Let's just hope Ossoff wins the plurality on Nov. 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3810/13/2020

Miss Collins is going full negative! She's running scared! (And concerned.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3910/13/2020

r39 = Just another daily example of how Republicans only have lies to run on.

by Anonymousreply 4010/13/2020

R39, it will be interesting to see some new Senate polls for Maine.

by Anonymousreply 4110/13/2020

Gideon +3.7 according to Real Clear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4210/13/2020

Trump might get the Supreme Court to overturn the vote. If he does this we need a revolution to overthrow him and all who helped him do this including the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 4310/13/2020

Marine is gettin close. I hope Gideon has enough money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4410/13/2020

Yes, Gideon seems to have a small edge, but 4-term Senators like Collins have a lot of incumbency advantage so it's still competitive.

A lot of the polling in Maine has been done by partisan Republican & Democratic pollsters, so what is needed now is more high-quality polling from the big pollsters.

by Anonymousreply 4510/13/2020

*NORTH CAROLINA*

Monmouth poll released today

"The race for U.S. Senate has grown a little more favorable for the Democratic candidate since September, despite revelations of an extramarital entanglement."

Cunningham +5 in 'high turnout'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4610/13/2020

In NC about 10% of the total number of 2016 voters have already cast a vote. Many more registered Democrats than Republicans. Will the Republicans come out in force in the final stretch?

by Anonymousreply 4710/13/2020

why have things tightened up in Maine? Back in August and September it seemed like Gideon had a runaway lead

by Anonymousreply 4810/13/2020

R48, yes, it’s tightened quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 4910/13/2020

R46, despite revelations of an "extramarital entanglement," or BECAUSE of those revelations? Seriously, his support from male voters seems to have gone up.

by Anonymousreply 5010/13/2020

Come on Maine, don't send Miss. Suzy Concerned back to the Senate!

by Anonymousreply 5110/13/2020

Collins is the only repub senator left in New England. It would be so awesome to finally have her out and have a liberal sweep of the region

by Anonymousreply 5210/13/2020

SEND ME MONEY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5310/13/2020

Wow, Boris @ r43 is counting on a Supreme Court coup of the White House now.

You know the Republicans are as desperate as 200,000 Americans on ventilators now!

Sadly, the Democratic Senate will be able to impeach any Supreme Court that pulls any Trump shenanigans, as well as any illegitimate president.

by Anonymousreply 5410/13/2020

This election isn't going to have to go to the Supreme Court. He is going to lose so badly there won't be any standing to fight. Roberts isn't going to go down with that ship.

by Anonymousreply 5510/13/2020

He and Barr are hoping they can fuck with the electoral college, r55.

That they can make some sort of play to connive and conspire with each states electors to give him an electoral college win. I can't see that too many of these private citizens want to risk the wrath of furious voters by ignoring who their state voted for and instead throw the election to him

Those bitches were sniveling about receiving nasty emails from voters in 2016. They overturn the will of their states voters, they will have more than nasty emails to worry about.

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to do it, especially since they would be doxxed in a New York minute but some people are so arrogant they think they're untouchable.

If he or Barr makes that sort of play, I can see a huge push to completely eliminate the electoral college since it will be obvious it's a hindrance to fair elections.

But that's the play their hoping to make or pressure swing state secretaries of state to stop counting votes)throw out votes.

by Anonymousreply 5610/13/2020

[quote]I don't think they'd be stupid enough to do it,

You underestimate them quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 5710/13/2020

r55 Totally agree. We're not complaining but it's like 45's trying to lose. As soon as FL's called for Biden, we can all let out a collective sigh

by Anonymousreply 5810/14/2020

Yeah I can really see them going to these extremes of bribing or intimidating electors. This is a mobster government a la Russia or China. If they killed Epstein, and I believe they did, they will stop at nothing to get their way.

Really scary shit.

I hope there is some sort of plan B, because if there isn't, it's the end of democracy and America will become a shithole dictatorship.

by Anonymousreply 5910/14/2020

Opinion

It’s Not Easy Being an Optimist in Maine

We have late-spring storms and high-stakes Senate races. But we also have lobster and Patty Griffin.

By Jennifer Finney Boylan

Contributing Opinion Writer

Oct. 14, 2020, 5:04 a.m. ET

The optimist, according to an old joke, believes that this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears that the optimist is right.

Mainers are accustomed to second-guessing good news. Which is what you’d do, too, if you’d experienced enough late-season ice storms. This year, over 200,000 of us lost power in the wake of a furious blizzard. In April.

Maybe this is what gives so many Mainers a dark turn of mind. There’s a story about the time Mark Twain gave a reading at a bookstore near Bangor, to a crowd that mostly sat there in stony silence. Afterward, Twain heard a couple talking. The wife said, “I think he might have been the funniest person I’ve heard in my life.”

The husband replied, “I’ll tell ya, he was so funny, it was all I could to do keep from laughing.”

Maine voters aren’t laughing this fall. Everything feels too high-stakes. Our Senate race — Senator Susan Collins versus the Maine House speaker, Sara Gideon — might well decide whether the Democrats take back that chamber.

But it’s not just the high stakes that have us on edge; it’s also the race itself. This month, the Wesleyan Media Project described the Maine Senate race as the most negative in the country. (One of the nicest of the negative ads says, “Gideon had her cake — and ate it too!”) A Bangor Daily News poll released last week found Ms. Gideon and Senator Collins within a single point of each other. Last month, in an act that one lawmaker called “political terrorism,” unknown persons in Bowdoinham burned a sculpture of a donkey. And over in Rockland, two police officers were fired after beating porcupines to death with their nightsticks.

The porcupine slayers don’t appear to have been politically motivated, but the story feels very 2020 to me. These are dark days, man.

Last Monday, in hopes of finding a little escape, my wife and I drove out to Acadia National Park, on Mount Desert Island. Our route took us through both of our state’s congressional districts — the reliably blue First, which went for Hillary Clinton in 2016, and the rural and more conservative Second, which went for Donald Trump. I tried to get a sense of how the 2020 Maine vote is going to go by counting yard signs. My poll gave an edge to Joe Biden and Ms. Gideon — but just barely. (There was also one sign still up for Bernie Sanders, an act of defiance I found very on brand.)

A Trump-Pence sign in Trenton had been edited by someone with a can of spray paint; the candidates’ names had been overwritten with a big orange “$750” (the amount of taxes Mr. Trump paid in 2016).

As we drove toward the coast we also saw lots of ghosts and skeletons and gravestones, evidence that many Mainers take Halloween almost as seriously as Christmas. In one yard a pair of zombie hands rose out of a tomb. Not far away was a sign: “TRUMP.”

It was impossible, in looking at that display, not to wonder whether the president, too, might somehow rise from the near-dead. It’s happened before, of course. Four years ago — almost to the day — we were all reeling from the “grab them by the pussy” tape. How confident I was then that Americans would find this kind of talk repulsive! How sure I was that we were just weeks away from electing our first female president! I was wrong, of course.

The pessimist says, “Things can’t get any worse.” The optimist says, “Oh, yes they can!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6010/14/2020

Things look better for Joe Biden now than they did for Hillary Clinton then, if you believe the polls anyhow. But then the Mainer in me remembers the six months of winter lurking beyond every summer day and those zombie hands crawling out of the ground.

In Acadia, Deedie and I rode our bikes through the sparkling autumn sunshine, drove our car up Cadillac Mountain, ate popovers and chowder at the Jordan Pond House. Later that night we settled into chairs at a Bar Harbor restaurant called Havana, where Deedie had seafood paella and I had the lobster moqueca, simmered in a coconut broth with haddock and red peppers. It was really good.

The next day we went down to Thunder Hole, a rock formation where the Atlantic crashes into a cavern. We sat down on a chunk of granite, two old people with our arms wrapped around each other, feeling the spray on our faces. We had been there together as a young couple 32 years ago. Now we were back.

The day before, Supreme Court Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas had issued a rant against marriage equality, which they called a “novel constitutional right” in defiance of religious liberty.

As we sat there by the sea, I felt a stranger’s eyes upon us. It was a look of disapproval I’m accustomed to by now, but it still hurts.

I wondered whether the coming election will decide not just the fate of the presidency and the Senate, but that of my marriage as well.

On the way home we passed a Unitarian church with a sign out front that said: “Defeat Hate. Vote Love.” On the radio we heard Patty Griffin singing “Mother of God.” Something as simple as boys and girls gets tossed all around and then lost in the world. Something as hard as a prayer on your back can wait a long time for an answer.

Patty Griffin is from Maine, too.

Deedie and I got back to Belgrade Lakes in time to watch the vice-presidential debate that night. The next morning I went outside to split some wood. The sky was blue from stem to stern, and as I stood in the dooryard, holding my ax, I felt a rush of good cheer. Could I trust the optimism I felt? Could it be that just this once, my hopes would not get crushed, as the saying goes, “flatter than a pounded hake”?

As I stood there by the woodpile I heard a sound. I looked over to see a porcupine emerging from the woods. He was the fastest porcupine I ever saw. If you didn’t know better, you’d think he had the whole Rockland police force chasing after him.

It was so funny, it was all I could do to keep from laughing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6110/14/2020

Frank Bruni on SC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6210/14/2020

BREAKING: New Montana State University poll of MT-SEN Bullock +2

by Anonymousreply 6310/14/2020

If any Georgians are around, who seems weaker in December: Loeffler or Collins as the R candidate?

by Anonymousreply 6410/14/2020

I think Bullock has the best chance of clinching that win out of all those tight red state senate races. He is a popular outgoing governor and Trump is not performing as well in the state. Also less opportunity for GOP shenanigans with voting process unlike in places like SC or Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 6510/14/2020

I see your point R55. Roberts has a lifetime appointment along with the reputation that goes with it and he’s not gonna fuck that up with skewed loyalty to Presidents who come and go every four years.

That’s not to say that he won’t fuck it up. Anything could happen.

by Anonymousreply 6610/14/2020

The court needs just 4 votes to take a case. If it's 6-3 after handmaid is confirmed, Roberts won't have a say.

by Anonymousreply 6710/14/2020

Exactly

by Anonymousreply 6810/14/2020

I don’t get these people trying to convince us the Courts are lost

by Anonymousreply 6910/14/2020

r6 Until the early 2000s when partisanship really picked up, ticket splitting was a thing. It was always only about 20% of voters willing to do it but in many cases, people actually wanted divided government. Republicans picked up seats when Clinton was re-elected. Now people prefer one side having all the power

by Anonymousreply 7010/14/2020

Here, R69

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7110/14/2020

GOP done great job on the courts. Anyone trying to deny that is dangerously delusional. And now this election may hinge on those courts.

by Anonymousreply 7210/14/2020

Democrats still aren’t nearly as worked up about courts as they should be

by Anonymousreply 7310/14/2020

🚨Another post-scandal poll of NORTH CAROLINA form @UpshotNYT (change from 9/11-16):

Trump 42 (-2) Biden 46 (+1)

Senate Tillis (R-inc) 37 (-) Cunningham (D) 41 (-1)

Cunningham fav/unfav: 40/42 Tillis fav/unfav: 43/44

(LVs, Oct 9-13)

by Anonymousreply 7410/14/2020

[quote]Presidents who come and go every four years

Oh, I think things will be much more stable from here on out.

by Anonymousreply 7510/14/2020

Texas is going to go blue. 97% of eligible voters in Austin are registered to vote. Record breaking first day voting rallies in Harris County.

It is a truism of American politics that high voter turnout is bad for Republicans.

GET THE VOTE OUT

by Anonymousreply 7610/14/2020

Ms. Lindsey is dripping .... sarcasm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7710/14/2020

I'm waiting for election night when Miss Ladybug declares "you won't have my poosie to slap around anymore!"

by Anonymousreply 7810/14/2020

WaPo: Republicans may already be laying the groundwork to try to destroy a Joe Biden presidency.

A GOP strategist who has been consulting with Senate campaigns said Republicans have been carefully laying the groundwork to restrain a Biden administration on federal spending and the budget deficit by talking up concerns about the price tag for another round of virus relief. The thinking, the strategist said, is that it would be very hard politically to agree on spending trillions more now and then in January suddenly embrace fiscal restraint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7910/14/2020

They're going to have an especially hard time accomplishing that considering they won't hold the White House, the House, or the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 8010/14/2020

[quote]The thinking is that it would be very hard politically to agree on spending trillions more now and then in January suddenly embrace fiscal restraint.

Yes, if the last four years has proved anything, it's that the Republicans are loath to put their hypocrisy on display for the entire world to see.

by Anonymousreply 8110/14/2020

Ah R80, but the media will give them their deceitful soapbox, and then join in piling on the Democrats. Hello, Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 8210/14/2020

Take this one with a kilo of salt, but Quinnipiac's latest GA Senate numbers...

Ossoff (D) 51 Purdue (R) 45 He wins without runoff

Runoff inclinations for other seat:

Warnock (D) 56 Loeffler (R) 44

Warnock (D) 58 Collins (R) 42

by Anonymousreply 8310/14/2020

Be sure Barrett will be the vote to strike down Social Security and Medicare. They’re going there. We need to pack the Senate with Dems.

by Anonymousreply 8410/14/2020

Good interview of President Obama from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8510/14/2020

As I mentioned the other day, we should expect the Dems to pick up at least a few seats that no one was expecting them to win. This just feels like that kind of election.

So the Repukes can plot and plan to tank Biden’s presidency all they want, but they may find that is a tad difficult to do when #MoscowMitch is no longer in charge. And, if the Dems blow up the filibuster, the Repugs are going to find out just how boring and lonely it is to be in the minority. May they stay there forever.

by Anonymousreply 8610/14/2020

“Few” is too big of a word for a Senate system that gives disproportionate representation to Deplorables.

With the surprises, the Democrats will get “a few” pickups total and gain control of the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 8710/14/2020

The Michigan Senate race is tightening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8810/15/2020

New Michigan Senate poll sees Peters leading James 45% to 39% ... but 11% undecided.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8910/15/2020

Leoffler is bragging about being endorsed by racist QAnon candidate Marjorie Taylor Greene. WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9010/15/2020

Insider-trader Lœffler is gunning for the QAnon vote in increasingly blue Georgia. She's to the right of Attila the Hun, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 9110/15/2020

NYT's poll today for South Carolina puts Lady G ahead by 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9210/15/2020

I'm going to unskew the SC poll (slightly) by pointing out that I feel Harrison will get more than 78% of the black vote.

by Anonymousreply 9310/15/2020

r92 That's disconcerting. Not sure what else can be done for Harrison. I've donated to his bid more than any other senator's

by Anonymousreply 9410/15/2020

I know the NYT is a reputable pollster, but is that SC poll an outlier?

by Anonymousreply 9510/15/2020

Come on, DiFi, don't hug Typhoid MARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9610/15/2020

[quote] This just feels like that kind of election.

You sound as moronic as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 9710/15/2020

If the Dems win the Senate, there's NO WAY Dianne Feinstein should be chair of the Judiciary Committee. She's been disgraceful.

by Anonymousreply 9810/15/2020

Yeah, Feinstein would head the Judiciary Committee if Democrats win the Senate. And she's gunna make guns the number one issue. That's how you win middle America 🤦🏽‍♂️:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who is poised to become chairwoman of the Senate Judiciary Committee if Democrats win the majority, sees guns as the No. 1 issue.

"It's guns," she said in an interview before the August recess. "That's my biggest concern."

-The Hill

- don't know why the article is being rejected. I tried tagging it on here but I couldn't. I put the title below if anyone wants to check it out.

Emboldened Democrats haggle over 2021 agenda

by Anonymousreply 9910/15/2020

[quote] You sound as moronic as Trump.

Go fuck yourself. If you have closely been following elections for a while you can look at various factors to get a decent sense of how the election will turn out. So, yes, you dipshit, if you look at the polls, how fired up and enthusiastic voters are, raw numbers in terms of voter registration and early voting, and general political trends then yes, even you might be able to get an idea of which way the election is going. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 10010/15/2020

*COLORADO*

Hickenlooper +11 in today's Civiqs poll:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10110/15/2020

*MAINE*

Gideon +7 in today's Pan Atlantic Research poll:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10210/15/2020

As a *generalization* these races tend to break one way, rather than half for each side. To me, it's encouraging that Ernst can't seem to close the deal in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 10310/15/2020

*ARIZONA*

Monmouth poll

Kelly leads McSally by 10 points in a high turnout scenario (52% to 42%) and 6 points in a low turnout scenario.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10410/15/2020

R99, I take the point that Feinstein is old and out of touch, but she does have cred with the gun issue.

by Anonymousreply 10510/15/2020

Dianne Feinstein just showed that she is a dotty old biddy who is living in another time that doesn't exist any more. If she doesn't even understand that Lindsey Graham is a pariah, there is no help for her. She shouldn't even have run for re-election the last time. I hate that these old people just keep hanging on to power forever and don't know when to call it a career. Hopefully she will be like that other old codger, Grassley, and will step aside as the leader of the committee after the election. Seems like a good fit for Klobuchar to take over.

by Anonymousreply 10610/15/2020

DiFi’s behavior during this hearing was despicable. We are in a fight for this country, and her making nice with the a Lady G was totally unnecessary and extremely unhelpful. This whole nomination is a con-job. Does anyone think that a Senator Adam Schiff or Senator Katie Porter would have said something this stupid and inane to the Senatrice:

[quote] "I just want to thank you. This has been one of the best set of hearings that I've participated in," she said. "Thank you so much for your leadership."

🙄 Ugh.

Step down lady. Thanks for your service. But make room for someone more in touch.

by Anonymousreply 10710/15/2020

I'm not surprised she hugged La Senatrice. Diane Feinstein is one of the most talented legislators ever, who also had a lot of re-elections and the Queen's hair throughout her long, long, long career. Despite that she had a good justice committee attendance record, which is hard to find on Capitol Hill. At a time when gay senators were oppressed BEYOND BELIEF, they identified with her struggles and she theirs.

by Anonymousreply 10810/15/2020

Lifelong Liberal Democrat here who voted for Obama twice AND Hillary, but all I see in my neighborhood are Trump signs! It's hopeless!

Why can't the Dems GET IT TOGETHER FOR ONCE?!

They just handed Trump four more years!

by Anonymousreply 10910/15/2020

Behind the scenes there is probably a completely different picture. Remember when LG was caught on camera congratulating Adam Schiff on his impeachment speech. Maybe she knows Miss Lindsey is being blackmailed. I don't want to excuse her behavior, or his, just trying to understand what's going on behind all the scenes of crazy shit show.

Also, when hopefully all this is behind us and prosecutes shed some light on all the mobster deals the GOP was making with dictators while undermining western allies; one of the quotes that will not be forgotten is Miss Lindsey saying

"If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed... and we will deserve it!"

Mark my words, this quote will go down in history.

by Anonymousreply 11010/15/2020

R60, she’s trying to show the deplorables that she is one of them lol. She has like a hundred million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 11110/15/2020

McConnell sent the Republican in Montana $2 million today.

by Anonymousreply 11210/15/2020

[quote]Lifelong Liberal Democrat here who voted for Obama twice AND Hillary, but

Do you have to attend some training class where they teach you this shtick?

by Anonymousreply 11310/15/2020

It's a fucking PARODY of a troll's script.

by Anonymousreply 11410/15/2020

I am worried about their blatant cheating and voter suppression tactics

by Anonymousreply 11510/15/2020

So worried that it's not even worth voting, huh, R115?

That's why you had to pipe up with that CONCERN, huh, TROLL?

by Anonymousreply 11610/15/2020

I hope the Senate turns but it probably won't. People do not know how evil the Senate is.

by Anonymousreply 11710/15/2020

CNN:

More massive Dem fundraising: $26.8M in the last quarter for Steve Bullock in Montana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11810/15/2020

Hmmm. What if Graham is covid+ and infected Feinstein when she hugged him?

by Anonymousreply 11910/15/2020

R119 Gavin will replace her with Katie Porter.

by Anonymousreply 12010/15/2020

the republicans can just say they are sick and need time to recover. No on Coney Barrett.

by Anonymousreply 12110/15/2020

I hope Donald Trump returns but probably he won't. People know how evil Trump is because he neglects COVID, takes Russian bribes and commits crime sprees in broad daylight.

by Anonymousreply 12210/15/2020

Let's each bet $100, r117.

I'll put $100 into an online escrow account or betting site now against your $100 that Democrats won't win the Senate this year, which is just so "probable" to you.

Which vendor would you like to place your "probable" bet with?

by Anonymousreply 12310/15/2020

r117 Man, you guys (or gals) have to try harder

by Anonymousreply 12410/15/2020

Faced with a consistent stream of polls showing Sen. Cory Gardner headed for a loss next month, national Republican groups are spending far less in Colorado than in other battleground states this fall,” the Denver Post reports.

Said GOP pollster David Flaherty: “There is no reason for either side to put another dime into this state. It’s over.”

by Anonymousreply 125Last Friday at 11:54 AM

Maine debate. Gideon did well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126Last Friday at 3:13 PM

Joni Ernst flubbed in Iowa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127Last Friday at 3:15 PM

Doug Jones up by one point

[quote] I believe this is an internal poll for Doug Jones, but the word on the street has been that the Biden-Trump race there is single digits, which makes a closer Senate race plausible. Tuberville is a terrible candidate. Every Alabamian knows Jones is a great Senator. Quote Tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128Last Friday at 3:18 PM

My opponent, GOP Sen. David Perdue of anti-Semitic attack ad infamy, just mocked Sen. Harris' name as "Kamala-mala-mala-whatever" at a Trump rally.

We are so much better than this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129Last Friday at 3:20 PM

Best one so far, r129.

by Anonymousreply 130Last Friday at 3:22 PM

R128

I've been around a gazillion political blocks in my time, so very little shocks me, but congratulations as that poll has succeeded in doing so!

by Anonymousreply 131Last Friday at 3:23 PM

It always rubbed me wrong that everyone automatically discounted Jones.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Friday at 3:24 PM

I wonder how MS is doing. Haven't seen latest polls but in late Aug, Espy was only down 1% from vile Cindy "I Wont Debate" Hyde-Smith

by Anonymousreply 133Last Friday at 3:32 PM

I think even on the bad side it's going to go to 51-49: AZ, ME, CO are locks, and at least 2 of NC and IA flips and MI hold looking likely.

Of the holy grail options, I think MT more in play than SC or the two GAs. Bullock is very well liked and less cheating up there. If all of those flip and Doug Jones holds then it's +9. Then you can tell Joe Manchin to fuck off.

Next are the dreams come true: MS, KS, TX, AK. Alas, no chance in KY; she's a terrible candidate. But dare to dream, a total collapse would be +14 and you can even keep the filibuster.

by Anonymousreply 134Last Friday at 3:41 PM

I've been telling you all from jump that Jones has a very good chance and not to count him out!

I have donated about $100 to his campaign.

He can pull this off, do not doubt! Especially if there is a high turnout.

Black women came out in big numbers for him before. They are even more highly motivated to turn out now that the orange fiend will be on the ballot.

This is a sleeper that everyone has written off.

by Anonymousreply 135Last Friday at 3:45 PM

Pretty huge. All moms talking about their sons, and how they dumped them.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Friday at 3:50 PM

Huh, R136?

by Anonymousreply 137Last Friday at 3:54 PM

What Senate race needs my donation most?

by Anonymousreply 138Last Friday at 4:05 PM

R134, McGrath's not a terrible candidate at all. That's why the race is competitive

by Anonymousreply 139Last Friday at 4:06 PM

The GOP is dead. They did this to themselves just for a power grab. #RIPGOP

by Anonymousreply 140Last Friday at 4:11 PM

R138 here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141Last Friday at 4:13 PM

Good 538 podcast about the Senate today.

by Anonymousreply 142Last Friday at 4:14 PM

Also, thinking outside of the box at this point might not be a bad idea, R138. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is still seeking donations for Act Blue IMPACT SLATES TEAM--the less glamorous statehouse races that will determine control of some important redistricting battles.

[quote] My friend, Larry David, is not on social media (smart guy), but his message is correct (very smart guy).

[quote] Watch him right here and donate now to key races:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143Last Friday at 4:19 PM

Senate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144Last Friday at 4:19 PM

Any House of Representative seats that could flip blue?

by Anonymousreply 145Last Friday at 4:22 PM

Phil Ehr, R145?

[quote] Donate today to help me defeat... Rick Gates:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146Last Friday at 4:26 PM

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 147Last Friday at 4:27 PM

R145, yes, Cook Political Report expects Democrats to hold their current margin in the House, and possibly pick up a few more seats.

Dems best chances for House pick ups are: NC-02, NC-06, GA-07, and TX-23.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148Last Friday at 4:30 PM

There’s hope for college kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149Last Friday at 4:32 PM

R141, Im only seeing Warnock, is that the race that most needs my $

by Anonymousreply 150Last Friday at 4:36 PM

This is an interesting thread. It occurs to me as a reminder to myself and others that no matter who wins, Americans need to grasp that politics is a hands on sport--we have to call, email, forget the online petitions, send actual letters and even travel to DC to confront our officials with what we want and expect. That is democracy and has been lacking for a long time. People power!

by Anonymousreply 151Last Friday at 4:40 PM

No, R141. Warnock is doing well financially and even has a slight lead--although not enough of a lead to avoid a runoff in January. Personally, I don't think he's going to pick up the 9 or10 points to avoid that, so being in the top two will have to suffice for now and we can turn our attention back to that race a little later.

I'll say that the three races that are the closest (and cheapest ad markets) are:

BARBARA BOLLIER vs. Roger Marshall -KS

MIKE ESPY vs. Cindy Hyde-Smith - MS

AL GROSS vs. Dan Sullivan - AK

But also, circling back to the previous thought; if you just want to play spoiler, you could donate to the Libertarian candidate in Arkansas. Ricky Dale Harrington, who is polling at 39% and has the hateful Tom Cotton down to 49%. If Harrington can keep him there or below, that race will also be forced into a runoff in January.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152Last Friday at 5:22 PM

Doug Jones @DougJones

US Senate candidate, AL

It's true folks -- our latest poll has us winning this race by 1 point. It's going to be neck and neck until Election Day, and I could really use your help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153Last Friday at 7:31 PM

Don't forget Gary Peters in Michigan! He's only a few points ahead of his Republican challenger and it would be a disaster to lose his seat, so if you have money to burn send it his way.

by Anonymousreply 154Last Friday at 8:27 PM

There are good polls for Dem Dana Balter in upstate New York (around Syracuse) -- she lost the last time against the same scumbucket John Katko (R) but she's doing better polls-wise this time and Katko's being especially sleazy, I like her and hope she wins!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155Last Friday at 8:37 PM

Peters and Jones are good men who deserve extra money and to hold their seats.

by Anonymousreply 156Last Saturday at 1:50 AM

Thank you R152, I will direct my support there. I appreciate your insight.

by Anonymousreply 157Last Saturday at 3:00 AM

More insight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158Last Saturday at 3:04 AM

R146, I gave some money to Rick Gaetz’s opponent! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 159Last Saturday at 5:28 AM

Already mentioned last night but again for anyone who has a few bucks to spare this morning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160Last Saturday at 6:14 AM

After 36 years, Kentucky can do better than Mitch McConnell. We endorse Amy McGrath.

[quote] McConnell has made it perfectly clear that his only passion is the pursuit of power, his own and that of the Republican Party. For that reason alone, we would endorse his opponent. Luckily for voters, McGrath, a former fighter pilot and public servant, would make an excellent senator who would actually put the needs and interests of Kentuckians above her own.

[quote] McGrath has proven that she understands that Kentuckians are suffering from the failure to address the economic, educational and health care needs that have left the state at the bottom of most rankings during McConnell’s tenure, suffering that has only worsened during the COVID-19 pandemic. She is a centrist Democrat who knows the good that government can do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161Last Saturday at 12:31 PM

I would also suggest a donation to Col. Moe Davis, the progressive, pro-gay Democrat who is running against that pretty-boy idiot Madison Cawthorne. Davis has an exceptionally impressive resume as a lawyer and a judge in the military as well as a law professor.

Cawthorne has an empty resume other than being a huge tRump supporter. He was home-schooled and then when he went to college he flunked out with D grades in his first semester. He claims to own some sort of business, which has had one client. He’d be 25 when the Congress is seated immediately January.

He was injured in an automobile accident which has left him in a wheelchair. He claimed — falsely — that he was going to attend the Naval Academy, but was thwarted by the car accident. Turns out that was false. He had been rejected before the accident. He also has racked up some sexual harassment allegations. Oh, and he was thrilled to go to Germany to see Hitler’s bunker. It was on his bucket list and he referred to Hitler as the Führer. 🙄

This will not necessarily be an easy race to win — it was Mark Meadows’s seat before he became tRump’s CoS and NC is heavily gerrymandered — though the contrast between these two candidates could not be more stark. The debates were painful to watch because Cawthorne is clearly as dumb as a box of rocks and he was up against a seasoned and experienced prosecutor, professor, and judge. But it may now be competitive. This one would be a sweet victory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162Last Saturday at 1:04 PM

Checking in from South Carolina. On the radio, I just heard a sneaky new ad campaign by Jaime Harrison. It highlights that Lindsey Graham voted for Obama's two supreme court justices (who are pro choice), then talks about how the libertarian candidate for Senate is lock step with Donald Trump. It ends with a note that the libertarian candidate is just too conservative for South Carolina.

Smart boy. If you can't win over those Graham diehards, pick off the edges and send them to the libertarians.

by Anonymousreply 163Last Saturday at 1:32 PM

R162, I've donated to Moe. Cawthorne is an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Saturday at 1:38 PM

Yeah but he's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot!

by Anonymousreply 165Last Saturday at 4:51 PM

Yeah, well, they can follow his IG. We don’t need to send him to Washington.

by Anonymousreply 166Last Saturday at 5:20 PM

I want Moscow Mitch to go down, during his debate with Amy McGrath, Moscow Mitch would just sit there and chuckle when ever she would discuss healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 167Last Saturday at 5:39 PM

Very impressed with Jaime Harrison!

by Anonymousreply 168Last Saturday at 5:43 PM

Madison Cawthorne’s Twittes feed is astonishing. He’s an idiot, and every bit as narcissistic as Orange IT.

No amount of pretty can make up for that level of stupid.

by Anonymousreply 169Last Saturday at 5:50 PM

IA - Joni Ernst fucked up majorly. IA is now in play for the Dems to pick up.

Mitch is going to win. He did horrible in his debate but that is Red country. At least it looks like he will lose control of the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Saturday at 6:26 PM

R170 Some think he may resign when the Dems become the majority. Repug senators in NC and PA are retiring in 2022, will likely be competitive races at the least.

by Anonymousreply 171Last Saturday at 6:36 PM

Yes, Mitch may win. Kentucky is a tough state for Democrats. We won the governor’s race in 2018 only because the Repuke was so dreadful. Bur we won no other statewide races.

Mitch will not, however, be the Majority Leader. He is nevertheless counting on screwing things up by exercising his filibuster rights. But that option may disappear. He is responsible for blowing up all the norms of the Senate thus far, so he shouldn’t be surprised if the Dems follow suit and ditch the filibuster, thereby robbing the Turtle from the ability to block Biden’s agenda.

And, yes, I know that it was Harry Reid who first started dismantling the filibuster by removing it for executive appointments and the lower federal courts. Why did he do that? Because Mitch was blocking so many of Obama’s nominees.

by Anonymousreply 172Last Saturday at 7:15 PM

Update from Kentucky.

I was talking to my manager on Friday. I had gone for poll worker training on Thursday so took the day off work to attend and she was asking me about it. Then she says to me, "I guess I should vote in this election. I've never voted before but I think I should now."

She lives in Kentucky. Never voted. I told you all that only 30% of kentuckians vote. Her reasoning for not voting? "I'm not into politics".

I told her it doesn't matter. She needs to vote and I told her to visit the League of Women Voters website for ballot issues and who is running. Non partisan information.

She said she intends to vote and was glad she could visit a website for info instead of trying to read a ballot at the polling place.

It's amazing to me how many people don't think "politics" affects their quality of life. Especially in kentucky. Kentucky Democrats need to educate those people and get them engaged to vote.

by Anonymousreply 173Last Saturday at 7:19 PM

Like they say, "I'm not into politics" but your boss and your landlord sure the fuck are

by Anonymousreply 174Last Saturday at 7:20 PM

Des Moines Register endorses Theresa Greenfield:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175Last Saturday at 8:03 PM

(R173) But she probably voted for Dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 176Last Saturday at 8:09 PM

She didn't vote in 2016, r176. And she hasn't voted yet. She said she has NEVER VOTED. Not sure what part of my post was unclear on that point.

There are tens of thousands of kentuckians who never vote. That was the whole point.

People keep asking, "why does Kentucky keep reelecting Rand fuckwit Paul and Moscow Mitch?" I just told you. Only around 30% of eligible voters actually VOTE. The rethugs have plenty of GOTV efforts and their fucking church cults make sure they vote. Dems don't have any ground game in Kentucky I'm aware of.

It should be a clue how badly Bevins was hated that he got the boot. He went after the teacher's union and they came for his ass.

Dems need to get a ground game going to get rid of these parasites like turtle, Paul, Cruz and a host of other useless eaters.

by Anonymousreply 177Last Saturday at 11:20 PM

I hope there is a way to wake up Kentuckians because no one is looking out for their interests ( least of all McConnell himself). I would hasten to guess that a lot of average people has come to despise Kentucky. Someone needs to put a fire under their ass or there could be some bad repercussions.

by Anonymousreply 178Last Sunday at 12:54 AM

#AZsen: Kelly (D) 52% (+11) McSally (R-inc) 41%

@YouGovAmerica/@CBSNewsPoll, LV, 10/13-16

by Anonymousreply 179Last Sunday at 9:00 AM

(R173) I understood what you said. I do have reading comprehension skills. I meant that after you told her to vote, she probably cast her ballot for Dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 180Last Sunday at 9:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181Last Sunday at 9:24 AM

Geez, Nate looks like night and day with and without the beard/hat.

by Anonymousreply 182Last Sunday at 9:29 AM

[quote] Geez, Nate looks like night and day with and without the beard/hat.

With the hat and beard he looks like he's trying too hard.

Without the hat and beard, trying too hard doesn't seem like such a bad idea...

by Anonymousreply 183Last Sunday at 9:36 AM

Was that George Constanza? New job I see.

by Anonymousreply 184Last Sunday at 9:44 AM

Nate silver is just not attractive AT ALL. I find myself drawn to his intelligence when I listen to the 538 podcast, but then I see him and.... Uf.

I'm linking to a website the SC Dems set up to "warn" about the libertarian candidate. Since yesterday, I've heard this ad multiple times. It's smart.

Jaime probably doesn't needs anymore of your money though. People on his Facebook posts are getting testy over the sheer number of ads they're seeing, which is probably part of the reason why they're switching ad focus.

Id love to see another Doug Jones poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185Last Sunday at 11:24 AM

I think Nate is kind of cute, but I have a major dork fetish.

by Anonymousreply 186Last Sunday at 11:27 AM

I go to 538 all the time. Forget Nate Silver. Galen Druke has pretty eyes and cock-sucking lips.

by Anonymousreply 187Last Sunday at 11:33 AM

Galen is gay too, right?

by Anonymousreply 188Last Sunday at 11:48 AM

Gary peters needs money!

by Anonymousreply 189Last Sunday at 12:26 PM

Galen Druke is quite gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190Last Sunday at 12:30 PM

R177 We got so close to getting rid of Cruz. So so close.

by Anonymousreply 191Last Sunday at 1:09 PM

Washington Post:

In the 15 top Senate races, the Democrats' candidates raised $370 million. Republicans raised $150 million.

In 7 of the races, the Dem hopeful either quadrupled their GOP opponent or came very close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192Last Sunday at 3:27 PM

Polls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193Last Sunday at 4:23 PM

The Economist moved the Kansas race to a toss-up! There is momentum there.

by Anonymousreply 194Last Sunday at 5:13 PM

NEW @RBIStrategies (B/C) Colorado poll October 12-16:

Biden 55% (+17) Trump 38% Jorgensen 4% Hawkins 2%

Hickenlooper 53% (+14) Gardner 39% Doane 2% Evans 1%

MOE +/- 4.37%

by Anonymousreply 195Last Sunday at 5:47 PM

Old Patinkin Research Strategies (NR) Alaska poll Sept 30-Oct 4:

Biden 46%/Trump 49% (-3)

Gross 47%/Sullivan 46% (+1)

MOE +/- 4%

by Anonymousreply 196Last Sunday at 5:48 PM

Ok I would like to know more about the Alaska poll that puts Gross up by 1. I've never seen any poll where he's close, let alone ahead.

by Anonymousreply 197Last Sunday at 6:21 PM

[quote]Repug senators in NC and PA are retiring in 2022, will likely be competitive races at the least.

I saw some comments that the 2022 Senate election map is even more favorable to the Democrats. Hope that's true.

by Anonymousreply 198Last Sunday at 6:48 PM

I want Rob Portman to be kicked in his shriveled pecker right to the curb.

He is the laziest, most useless piece of shit ever.

The Dems need to find some one NOW so that person can start building a team and getting their name out there. DO NOT WAIT!

Make that prick's life miserable for the next two years with relentless attacks. Make him want to GTFO and never return.

by Anonymousreply 199Last Sunday at 9:39 PM

Article abut Rob Portman's missing testicles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200Last Monday at 4:05 AM

2018 built up a good GotV network for Democrats, 2020 seems to be sustaining and growing that, we can make it even bigger and more dominant in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 201Last Monday at 4:46 AM

[quote] Perdue’s mocking of Kamala Harris yields nearly $2M haul for his rival

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202Last Monday at 5:04 AM

*COLORADO*

YouGov poll

Released October 19, 2020

Hickenlooper +8

Hickenlooper (D) 48%

Gardner (R) 40%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203Last Monday at 3:05 PM

GAsen: Perdue (R-inc) 46% (+1) Ossoff (D) 45%

@EmersonPolling/@NewsNationNow, LV, 10/17-19

by Anonymousreply 204Last Monday at 4:31 PM

#GAsen Runoff: Warnock (D) 48% (+1) Collins (R) 47% . Warnock (D) 47% (+5) Loeffler (R-inc) 42%

@EmersonPolling/@NewsNationNow, LV, 10/17-19

by Anonymousreply 205Last Monday at 4:34 PM

Wow. Georgia might really save America this year.

by Anonymousreply 206Last Monday at 5:17 PM

Regarding Georgia, it's pretty much a knowledged that the suburbs and exurbs of Atlanta now extend almost 100 miles. This is prime territory for Trump drop off.

by Anonymousreply 207Last Monday at 5:27 PM

I ❤️ Poll Troll

by Anonymousreply 208Last Monday at 5:35 PM

#ALsen: Jones (D-inc) 48% (+1) Tuberville (R) 47%

FM3 Research/@DougJones (D) Internal Poll, LV, 10/11-14 h

by Anonymousreply 209Last Monday at 6:51 PM

Im getting anxious about PA

by Anonymousreply 210Last Tuesday at 1:56 AM

Me too

by Anonymousreply 211Last Tuesday at 2:03 AM

Horribly close in NC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212Last Tuesday at 2:26 AM

Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball moved the Iowa U.S. Senate race from Toss-up to Leans Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 213Last Tuesday at 2:54 AM

Amazing performance by Warnock with every new poll out of Georgia.

Currently 9 point lead over the rest of the field and he beats both GOP challengers in a hypothetical run off by 4 points as per Sienna/NYT.

Ossoff is also getting more and more competitive. Currently tied with Perdue also from Sienna/NYT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214Last Tuesday at 9:30 AM

[quote]Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 215Last Tuesday at 9:35 AM

so how is the special Georgia race working? The Democrat has 2 repub challengers? I would think that really helps his chances as the 2 repubs split each other's vote? Is there a runoff if no one clears 50%?

by Anonymousreply 216Last Tuesday at 11:38 AM

Yes, runoff unless 50% for both races

by Anonymousreply 217Last Tuesday at 12:17 PM

There was another Dem in the Georgia Senate race (Lieberman) but he's not polling well now. Yes, there's a runoff later in the month between the top two; Warnock will obviously be the top Dem, but the top Repub isn't clear yet (Collins or Loeffler) - but Warnock is currently beating them both in hypothetical head-to-head matchups.

by Anonymousreply 218Last Tuesday at 12:17 PM

POLITICO's Burgess Everett:

Schumer: “I’ve had a long and serious talk with Sen. Feinstein. That’s all I’m going to say about it right now.”

by Anonymousreply 219Last Tuesday at 12:18 PM

The Senate runoff will on January 5, 2021

by Anonymousreply 220Last Tuesday at 12:25 PM

New Reuters IPSOS Swing State Numbers Michigan Biden up 51-44%, Peters up 50-45% North Carolina Biden up 49-46%, Senate tied at 47%

by Anonymousreply 221Last Tuesday at 12:46 PM

Of course there will be runoffs for both Georgia senate seats, as usual.

The good news is that Democratic candidates have the plurality and they’re defeating their crooked, Republican opponents in 1-to-1 matchups.

by Anonymousreply 222Last Tuesday at 1:51 PM

It's a bit worrying if the Georgia races go to a runoff as Democratic turnout will probably be down compared to the presidential election. Too many Democrats are sadly lazier with voting

by Anonymousreply 223Last Tuesday at 2:35 PM

#IASen Poll:

Greenfield (D) 48% Ernst (R-Inc) 43% Stewart (L) 5%

InsiderAdvantage (R) LV 10/18-10/19

by Anonymousreply 224Last Tuesday at 2:38 PM

And that is Democrats’ Problem

by Anonymousreply 225Last Tuesday at 2:39 PM

#COsen: Hickenlooper (D) 51% (+9) Gardner (R-inc) 42%

RMG Research/@ScottWRasmussen/@politicaliq, LV 10/9-15

by Anonymousreply 226Last Tuesday at 3:31 PM

MICHIGAN Biden 51% (+7) Trump 44% . NORTH CAROLINA Biden 49% (+3) Trump 46%

@Reuters/@Ipsos, LV, 10/14-20

by Anonymousreply 227Last Tuesday at 3:47 PM

President (Wisconsin)

Biden (D) 52% Trump (R) 44%

10/16-10/19 by Change Research (C-) LV

Arf! Did I do a good job?

Poll #133962 #ElectionTwitter

by Anonymousreply 228Last Tuesday at 6:18 PM

Oh please, take that cunt Ernst out...please.

by Anonymousreply 229Last Tuesday at 6:20 PM

I think Iowans are pissed after she didn't know the price of soybeans lol her opponent knew all about corn when they asked her. Ernst then tried copying her answer for corn as if they hadn't asked her about soybeans. It was a bizarre exchange that went viral. Then she ultimately said maybe she couldn't hear them. Pathetic childish lying on her part

by Anonymousreply 230Last Tuesday at 6:43 PM

I think Iowans are pissed after she didn't know the price of soybeans lol her opponent knew all about corn when they asked her. Ernst then tried copying her answer for corn as if they hadn't asked her about soybeans. It was a bizarre exchange that went viral. Then she ultimately said maybe she couldn't hear them. Pathetic childish lying on her part

by Anonymousreply 231Last Tuesday at 6:43 PM

Harrison pulls ahead of La Senatrice in Brilliant Corners and Research Poll:

SOUTH CAROLINA:

HARRISON: 47% GRAHAM: 45%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232Last Tuesday at 7:22 PM

Data for Progress also puts Jaime Harrison ahead:

SOUTH CAROLINA:

HARRISON: 47% GRAHAM: 46%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233Last Tuesday at 7:25 PM

Will the Senatrice be forced to accept paying callers to her fainting couch if she loses?

Like La Collins, I am concerned.

by Anonymousreply 234Last Tuesday at 8:17 PM

I would love it if Graham got so scared by the polls that he slowed down the Amy Comey Barrett nomination for Supreme Court. It would serve him right ... he will push it through and then cry on election night when he loses.

by Anonymousreply 235Last Tuesday at 8:26 PM

He thinks he's accepted, but right wingers mock him.

by Anonymousreply 236Last Tuesday at 8:28 PM

Lindsey Graham signs going up here in South Carolina now have #filltheseat on them. I wanted to pull over and rip them out.

by Anonymousreply 237Last Tuesday at 9:33 PM

R237 - Ugh. Guess we'll have to make signs that say: #balancethebench

by Anonymousreply 238Last Tuesday at 9:44 PM

The confirmation of Covid Amy will be over by Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 239Last Tuesday at 9:59 PM

Lindsey Graham signs going up here in Charleston as La Senatrice and I bundle five Graham yard sign stakes together and bang out our holes on either side like a double-edged dildo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240Last Tuesday at 11:05 PM

SERENITY NOW!

Have you felt like screaming that again and again this Election Season?

Well, come restore your sanity with my Seinfeld buddies in the fight to #TurnTexasBlue!

We’re spilling all the dirt on our favorite episodes - grab your spot here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241Yesterday at 4:04 AM

Senate (Minnesota) Smith (D) 54% Lewis (R) 43% Steinberg (O) 1% O'Connor (O) 1% 10/17-10/20 by Civiqs (B/C) 840 LV

by Anonymousreply 242Yesterday at 4:56 AM

Miz Lindz's MAGAettes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243Yesterday at 5:38 AM

Bottoms up, gentlemen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244Yesterday at 5:53 AM

Well. the women in R 243's photo certainly would fill, even overflow, a seat. They could have held a sign that read ," Fill the bench," and their asses would be able to accommodate that, also.

by Anonymousreply 245Yesterday at 5:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246Yesterday at 7:21 AM

HuffPo: A massive $90M+ haul from McConnell’s super PAC has alarmed Senate Democrats, who are warning they are being outspent in four key states and are trying to fight off small-dollar donor complacency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247a day ago

[quote]Republicans are set to outspend Democrats on TV in four key Senate races: Michigan...; Georgia...; Kansas...; and in South Carolina....

Um, excuse me, anywhere else ...?

by Anonymousreply 248a day ago

Does billionaire Steyer ever lend his money? We know Bloomberg has spent $100 million to help Biden in Florida. Steyer could really help with the Senate if he wanted...

by Anonymousreply 249a day ago

Except for Michigan, which they are feeling they can flip. The others are actually bad news for GOP. They were not supposed to spend anything at all there. All gins are pointing toward at least two of those GOP seats flipping which was not the plan.

by Anonymousreply 250a day ago

[quote] All gins are pointing toward at least two of those GOP seats flipping

Which means I'll need another gin, Roscoe! Straight up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251a day ago

Danger! Danger! A Survey USA poll in Minnesota puts Tina Smith only one point ahead of the Republican. It might be an outlier poll because she's generally been running several points ahead, but still - if you're looking for a race to spend money on, you might consider hers.

by Anonymousreply 25218 hours ago

R252, you convinced me. Just sent Tina Smith some $$$

by Anonymousreply 25317 hours ago

Weird that Doug Collins thinks having these guys on his side is something to brag about....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25413 hours ago

That’s parody, right R254???

Good god!

by Anonymousreply 25513 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!