Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ms. Jackie Templeton, Formerly of Port Charles, NY

What a whore.

That poor Chase is going to need a lot of comforting when he finds out his brother is his father and his father is his grandfather and his mother is a whore.

And WTF has Kim Delaney done to her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382November 22, 2020 5:41 AM

Previous thread, which will lock soon:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2020 5:57 AM

She looks like Kathie Lee Gifford.

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2020 6:06 AM

I am available to comfort Chase. All night.

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2020 12:20 PM

Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2020 2:49 PM

Delaney looks good. She also doesn't look like herself.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2020 3:02 PM

Thanks OP, very much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2020 10:47 PM

Alexis and her EXTREMELY large bottle of vodka was comical. Come on. And why the hell is Sam so damn miserable.

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2020 9:51 PM

For a woman with a recent osteoporosis diagnosis, Alexis has been riding hard in the sheets lately. Slow your roll honey, you're going to break a hip!

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2020 12:32 AM

How is GH meeting CDC guidelines? Covid outbreak in 3,2.......

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2020 1:07 AM

^^ They are all very touchy feely.

Did Ingo get them all supplies of Regeneron courtesy of his favorite president?

by Anonymousreply 10October 10, 2020 1:10 AM

Alan Sarapa, the HOTTIE from twitter had a hard on when the awful blonde Jocelyn sang at Mike’s funeral. Alan is fugly and a big homo but his dick gets hard at that ugly actress.

by Anonymousreply 11October 10, 2020 1:12 AM

Kim McCullough is tapped to direct the Women's suffrage episode. Eboni will be centered heavily, as will one of the younger male actors (Cam) who will be playing a MTF Trans woman newly transitioning, who had a larger role in the suffragette efforts than anyone ever acknowledged.

by Anonymousreply 12October 10, 2020 1:19 AM

Jocelyn is really pulling in tween viewers! Not!

by Anonymousreply 13October 10, 2020 1:52 AM

Vee from SON approved Alexis’ big bottle. Vee is in the biz, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 14October 10, 2020 2:07 AM

NLG pushed against the Cassadine watch storyline for this?

Does she think she's going to get an Emmy for her upcoming scene at the MetroCourt bar, with her big bottle of purse vodka, screaming at Olivia, "I schlept with your huszband"

by Anonymousreply 15October 10, 2020 2:30 PM

Vee signed off on the twists and turns in the Alexis story around the time he was tying up the trash bags in Frank V’s office on the last Friday of July. This was before he vacuumed the floors.

by Anonymousreply 16October 10, 2020 4:01 PM

R15 It is obvious that both NLG and MB, should have NO control over their character's stories.

by Anonymousreply 17October 10, 2020 5:09 PM

Is Cyrus behind Nelle's body suddenly appearing "on the Pennsylvania side of the river?" Could be some kind of a frame up plan to leverage Julian into working for him. Something about the way he pointedly sneered about how Julian should be mourning the loss of his beautiful, young wife when he spoke to Ava made me wonder.

by Anonymousreply 18October 10, 2020 5:43 PM

And we still have the Nelle/Nina story coming.

by Anonymousreply 19October 10, 2020 7:32 PM

No, R2, she looks like the illegitimate love child of Caitlyn Jenner and Kathie Lee Gifford on a bad hair day.

by Anonymousreply 20October 10, 2020 7:44 PM

R19-

So she's not really dead? Still waiting for that damn autopsy....

by Anonymousreply 21October 10, 2020 7:46 PM

Kelly Monaco is close to joining the Jackie Zeman club.

by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2020 4:48 AM

Before offering the role to Kim Delaney, did they try to get Demi Moore back? It's not like she's unavailable.

by Anonymousreply 23October 11, 2020 5:09 AM

R21 They’re still going forward with the story. Not sure if she’s actually dead. I guess it just depends on when CL is ready for a steady paycheck again.

by Anonymousreply 24October 11, 2020 1:17 PM

Vee never signed off on Demi returning so they had to cacast.

by Anonymousreply 25October 11, 2020 2:02 PM

Is Cousin Gladys in on the ruse, or just a useful idiot about to step in it big time?

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2020 8:40 PM

The OPs picture looks unfortunate.

Middle-aged, wrinkled women should wear their hair on their head and NOT draped down like a shroud over their torso like strumpets do.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2020 9:30 PM

Was Demi Moore unavailable to play her signature soap role again?

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2020 10:25 PM

After looking at her face, I now know why she went back to soaps. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2020 10:32 PM

Kim Delaney doesn't look bad for 62 (her real age) and considering she was a drinker. She should've eased on the face work she had done.

She was supposed to have been on the NYPD Blue reboot, but ABC didn't pick up.

I've always liked her and glad she's working again.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2020 10:40 PM

btw OP.... Brilliant Title and opening remarks! Better writing than anything Port Charles has seen in years!!

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2020 12:54 AM

Look, OP: These things happen.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2020 2:29 AM

The OP forgot one: And his niece is really his sister!

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2020 1:51 AM

Casting news:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2020 11:58 PM

You can thank me for this news later. I signed off on Harrison’s casting. I am in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2020 12:21 AM

Vee, you cast Van Hansis on ATWT more than 15 years ago. Don’t you love me anymore?

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2020 1:02 AM

So THAT was the much-hyped, super-fabulous jingle to end all jingles we've been waiting on the edge of our seats for? That idiotic ditty couldn't launch a lemonade stand, let alone an international cosmetics empire!

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2020 1:10 AM

🎶 ruins ruins ruins ruins ruins

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2020 1:45 AM

Because nothing says glamour like RUINS!

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2020 5:03 AM

Gregory Harrison lost his looks. He’s desperate for any work.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2020 7:23 AM

If Jackie cheated on Gregory with Finn (resulting in Chase), she needs to get her eyes checked.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2020 10:37 AM

The Deception jingle was the longest on record. It seemed more like the opening number to Deception The Musical

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2020 12:55 PM

Formerly Fat Amy was embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2020 1:35 PM

Formerly Fat Amy acts like she’s on a Nickelodeon show. I hate watching her.

She’s still prettier than Currently Fat Maxie though.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2020 2:28 PM

FFA is very pretty. When Sasha showed up looking like roadkill, I was actually thinking that FFA would have made a better brand ambassador, especially if they ever decided to do one of those "women of all shapes, sizes and colors" type campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2020 4:10 PM

Don’t ya ever just want to slap Vee upside the head and say SHUT THE FUCK UP, ASSHOLE!!! lol

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2020 4:44 PM

I haven't visited this thread in awhile. Could somebody please fill me in. Who is Vee?

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2020 5:08 PM

Vee is an asshole poster from the SON board who claims to work for the soaps and is in the know about every soap decision. Of course, he’s full of shit. IF he’s in the biz as he claims, its to scrub Valentini’s toilet. Nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2020 5:39 PM

That's fine about Vee, but I suspect no one here really gives a shit, one way or another. If we take your word and accept that Vee sucks, will you please stop mentioning her/him? I think you're the only one in on this joke.

Is it me or has Kirsten Storms looked a little better this week? I noticed yesterday she looked slimmer, and her hair and makeup weren't as busted as usual.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote] Could somebody please fill me in. Who is Vee?

There's a mentally ill poster here who talks at great length about posters on some other soap board, as if any of us give even the remotest, tiniest shit. They're seriously obsessed to the point of a restraining order. Anyway, Vee is apparently one of these posters elsewhere.

Muriel desperately needs to block this demonic poster's ass, yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2020 9:33 PM

Back to the show!

GH's very own beloved (NOT!) Colonel Sanders, i.e., George Hamilton, admitted to having an affair with his own stepmother at the tender age of 12. Is this what happened with Finn and Jackie? Is she a child molesting pervert in addition to being a whore?

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2020 10:04 PM

R50 You’re an asshole. Like Vee.

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2020 10:50 PM

Is Marcus Coloma giving Frank blowjobs on his lunch break?

I can't figure out any other reason why GH keeps him in the cast as Nikolas.

Marcus just isn't cutting it! He can't play subtext. Can barely even deliver his lines with any flare. When you look into his eyes, you just see a void.

Show needs a better actor to play this complex role! Mara West deserves a worthy screen partner and Marcus Coloma is NOT it!

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2020 11:34 PM

I totally agree with everything you said r53.

Is FV afraid of the $cientos if he fires dead behind the eyes MC?

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2020 2:01 AM

Has it already been a year with NuNik? Wow. I don’t hate him then again I’ve always been indifferent to Nik. I’ve always just kind of ignored him. However, I’d rather watch him than CD, MB or SBu.

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2020 2:26 AM

I've never particularly been a fan of Tyler Christopher, but I will admit he did an good job of giving Nik some humanity.

Of all the people who've played Nik, the one I liked most was Nick Stabile. Ironically, Nick Stablile was just a sub, filling in as Nikolas when Tyler was fired for being drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2020 2:33 AM

Are they really going to saddle Maxie with another kid? Especially another Faison grandchild? They've made big deals in her other pregnancies about not be able to fully deliver, now would be a great time for that to actually happen.

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2020 1:08 PM

I know people love Maxie, but they could rest that character forever and I wouldn't miss her. Same with Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2020 2:08 PM

Vee really sucks. SON used to be fun to read when Jonnysbro was there. Jonny is now a troll at QVC boards obsessesed with one gal and in comments sections stanning for Trump. Google it if you dont believe me

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2020 3:13 PM

R58 yes, they're like 40 now, time to go away

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2020 4:27 PM

Vee has transportation problems these days. Woe is me. He can’t get to work easily to scrub the shit off Valentini’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2020 5:38 PM

Maxie and Lulu would’ve had better potential as the spawn of legendary characters if they were portrayed by better actresses and weren’t saddled with multiple kids so early on.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2020 5:55 PM

I will always love Maxie. She's Frisco & Felicia's daughter -- and in a very real way, Mac Scorpio's, too.

I adored Maxie back in the mid-aughts when she was the shit-stirrer of the teen/young adult crowd -- always looking for a way to stick it to Lulu, or get under her skin.

But my absolute FAVORITE thing about Maxie, back then....was her complete & utter contempt for Jason & Sonny! (which mirrored my own). It was also one of my favorite things about sweet-as-pie Georgie. They were pretty much the only two characters (other than Mac) that hadn't drank the Jason & Sonny Kool-Aid. They would openly say: "Sonny & Jason are mobsters!" and "Jason is brain-damaged!

And then Spinelli came along.....hilarious at first, with his quirky manner of speaking, and smoking weed with Alexis (at Jason's request). And then Spinelli served to normalize/humanize Jason. I liked the potential romance with Georgie, and the bond/friendship formed with Maxie after Georgie's death. But the Maxie/Spinelli romance should have never happened.

I thought Kirsten Storms' performance, when Maxie learned that Georgie died, was pretty powerful. All those performances were great -- John J. York, Kim McCullough. And when Felicia showed up for Georegie's funeral.....whoooooooo!

by Anonymousreply 63October 18, 2020 12:06 AM

R63 Oh, I thought Kirsten was horrible when Georgie died. There was a scene in Kelly’s where she’s throwing dishes and made that her Emmy reel. It was hilarious to me. The best work she’s ever done was at Georgie’s funeral but it was still very mediocre. And also wrong for other reasons but the character has run its course. She’s a dud.

by Anonymousreply 64October 18, 2020 12:10 AM

Well said r63

by Anonymousreply 65October 18, 2020 1:59 AM

To maxie:

Bye, Felicia!

by Anonymousreply 66October 18, 2020 4:35 AM

The janitorial staff at the show needs to step up their game. Both Alexis and Jackie have their arms in casts. Dry those floors after mopping!

by Anonymousreply 67October 18, 2020 4:53 PM

You can never have enough hats, gloves, shoes and slings!

by Anonymousreply 68October 18, 2020 5:27 PM

That cast on Alexis gets bigger each episode.

by Anonymousreply 69October 18, 2020 5:48 PM

[quote]That cast on Alexis gets bigger each episode.

They're using it as a Pinocchio's nose metaphor. The more she lies about drinking, the bigger the cast gets.

by Anonymousreply 70October 18, 2020 6:22 PM

Randomly....I used to work at a Trader Joe's that John J. York frequented. There were a few of us who watched GH & would talk to him. Nicest guy ever! Shortly after AMC was cancelled, he came through my register line. I asked what he thought about the AMC cancellation and what it that meant for GH. Would GH be next?

He replied: "I don't know. I just need it GH to go two more years -- 'til my daughter is out of college." Real-Talk.

He also inquired about a management position with TJ's in 2016-17, when it looked like GH was going to cut him loose, permanently.

by Anonymousreply 71October 19, 2020 2:12 AM

Why is Valentini still there? Don’t give me that shit of how he cums under budget. He cums for younger men, sure. There are many others out there Who can come under budget. Ginger Smith, for one. Jen Pepperman for another.

by Anonymousreply 72October 19, 2020 3:39 PM

I figure it’s because ABC doesn’t care and is just waiting to dump the show?

by Anonymousreply 73October 19, 2020 5:17 PM

My contribution to the John J. York conversation:

John lives on the same street as NLG.

by Anonymousreply 74October 19, 2020 8:19 PM

I thought Storms was great in this scene where she rips Felicia a new one after she shows up at Georgie's funeral.

I concur on York being a sweetheart; he's an easy going nice guy.

I think some people care about the show and others not so much; I do think GH is the best show on the air right now; that's not saying much though given the sorry state of Y&R.

If I were Lola, I'd get a restraining order on Kyle AND Summer; Summer needs therapy and Kyle needs to come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 19, 2020 8:28 PM

John J. York is from the southwest side of Chicago, a humble, working class area, so no surprise that he's attitude-free. Funny that NLG lives on the same street as him, because she's also from Chicago, the north suburban area.

by Anonymousreply 76October 19, 2020 8:54 PM

I liked Alexis and Mac but they never gave us that

by Anonymousreply 77October 19, 2020 10:34 PM

Does NLG’s pussy stink? Well does it?

by Anonymousreply 78October 19, 2020 11:06 PM

NLG was fantastic today. I love when Alexis calls out Sam. KeMo, as usual, brought nothing to the scene but her new face.

by Anonymousreply 79October 19, 2020 11:17 PM

Shouldn’t Brooke Lynn’s vocal cords be healing? She screams all the time.

by Anonymousreply 80October 20, 2020 12:47 AM

R71. I find it incredibly sad that he asked about a TJ management position ... after all those years on GH, no other investments or real estate to fall back on? It seems like someone couldve created a financial advisor niche for themselves back in the 70s smart money moves for soap actors ...

by Anonymousreply 81October 20, 2020 1:10 AM

Anyone remember a young John J. York in the show Werewolf? I think it was on in the 80s. My dad and I used to watch it together. He was pretty good if memory serves and certainly hot to look at.

by Anonymousreply 82October 20, 2020 3:21 AM

JJYork was great in Werewolf.

Beautiful eyes. He was in the Bear with Jon Erik Hexum; at first when I saw JJY I thought it was JEH

York screentested at B&B for the role of Jake Maclaine which went to Todd McKee.

He is a sweetheart; nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 83October 20, 2020 6:26 AM

Would they ever go there with Chase and Michael?

by Anonymousreply 84October 20, 2020 6:58 AM

John York ate out whats her name back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 85October 20, 2020 6:59 AM

His wife?

by Anonymousreply 86October 20, 2020 7:44 AM

What the hell did she do to her face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 20, 2020 8:53 PM

Her face looks like it's made of Silly Putty.

by Anonymousreply 88October 20, 2020 9:54 PM

IDK what’s worse - that face or Sam going to Sonny about Alexis’s drinking problem. He doesn’t care and he’s not a counselor/sober coach or an addict. WTH.

The entire episode was really stupid today.

by Anonymousreply 89October 20, 2020 10:09 PM

R84, I don't think they could.

Michael's not aware enough and Chase is sickeningly straight.

Now, Xander and Ben on DAYS? Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 90October 21, 2020 12:13 AM

[R81] Unless you’re top tier, Soap actors don’t make much. Why they were such money makers when the ratings were huge.

by Anonymousreply 91October 21, 2020 1:40 AM

If this was Hollyoaks R90 one of them might have at least once experimented with another man.

by Anonymousreply 92October 21, 2020 3:47 AM

Isn't Demi another one of those that prefers to remain silent about her soap past?

by Anonymousreply 93October 21, 2020 4:00 AM

Well well well.... the old whore is back!

by Anonymousreply 94October 21, 2020 4:08 AM

I'd be curious to see if they even approached Demi; not sure she could handle the rigors given how quickly they tape, but Delaney has had to step up so who knows?

I think it's actually good casting.

GH is the only show that I feel I want to see every day.

by Anonymousreply 95October 21, 2020 4:14 AM

"Due to Governor JB Pritzker's Illinois COVID-19 update, scheduled to begin at 2:30 p.m., "General Hospital" will air overnight at 1:37 a.m."

Looks like this is going to be a daily interruption for a while again.

by Anonymousreply 96October 21, 2020 5:07 AM

Audrey died!

by Anonymousreply 97October 21, 2020 9:23 AM

Is the 40 yr old case Cyrus is interested in the David Hamilton case? Is that the reason for his interest in Laura?

by Anonymousreply 98October 21, 2020 7:04 PM

Hmmm....is he looking for kompromat on the Mayor, or could he be related to the erstwhile Hamilton, and out for vengeance? Perhaps the person at the address Curtis keeps dangling is where Cyrus' dear sweet mama, the widow (or former mistress) of DH resides?

by Anonymousreply 99October 21, 2020 11:45 PM

Bring Lesley Webber back! Denise Alexander is waiting by the phone, Frank.

by Anonymousreply 100October 22, 2020 1:15 AM

DL fave Gregory Harrison is Gregory Chase!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 22, 2020 1:18 AM

The twitter HOTTIE Alan Sarapa is living off the tit of taxpayers. Another asshole who is ‘disabled’ but can be well enough to be a cunt about soaps. Get a fucking JOB, Alan Sarapa asshole! Stop living off the tit of taxpayers! Moron.

by Anonymousreply 102October 22, 2020 1:24 AM

Maybe Michael can comfort Chase with shared bonding over both being raised by men who were not their real fathers

by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2020 1:33 AM

Vee is angry that he successfully recasted another part. He is always mad because dumb dumb Dylan will not learn how to spell.

by Anonymousreply 104October 22, 2020 5:59 PM

GH blew up a set yesterday and are taping the aftermath over the next several days.

If only the bomb could take out Carly, Sonny, Jason, Sam and Peter.

by Anonymousreply 105October 22, 2020 10:55 PM

^^^Charlie's?

by Anonymousreply 106October 22, 2020 10:58 PM

Maybe Brando's Garage. It does seem strange that they would give a set to a character that they always seem to be on the fence about

by Anonymousreply 107October 22, 2020 11:32 PM

I would love it if Denise Alexander could make an appearance as Lesley if they're trying to dig up David Hamilton.

THIS was the story that ultimately propelled GH from the bottom of the ratings to the top.

Most kids are lucky to get 'don't slam the door' when they leave the house...but on GH Lesley was willing to throw her whole life away, her marriage, her career, her freedom and go to jail to protect Laura.

Doug Marland wrote this story again on GL with Jennifer and Amanda and on ATWT with Kim and Frannie.

There was a great scene where ace nursing student Bobbie Spencer called in sick for a day (Audrey said that's so unlike Bobbie!) but she wasn't sick; she stayed at home and watched the trial on TV with a big bowl of popcorn.

Anyway, it'd be great to see Denise do a show or two and be eligible for that guest category and get the Daytime Emmy next year. She's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 108October 23, 2020 2:31 AM

I heard it’s Charlie’s that blows up. People are also speculating that a few characters die including Sasha and Julian. But they have so few sets they use, it’s sort of weird to eliminate one. Charlie’s is like the new Kelly’s.

Also, I wish GH could go there with a story like the David Hamilton one but the network wouldn’t even allow them to proceed with the Joss/teacher story. These teens are so vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 109October 23, 2020 2:43 AM

yeah, if you think about it, that was so adult ...16 year old Laura fucking David Hamilton and then she writes a love letter to him and he rips it up in her face and says Lesley was the one who always turned him on...that was some dark shit.

Soaps used to go dark. They don't anymore. They're safe. and boring.

If Charlie's goes, then Julian's done; they lost me on him when he held the knife to Alexis' throat, the same blade that took her mother's life.

by Anonymousreply 110October 23, 2020 2:46 AM

^^And then she fell in love with her rapist! Genie Francis used to get the best storylines!

by Anonymousreply 111October 23, 2020 8:21 AM

Me, I resented Laura becoming the star of the show. I never thought she was all that. It got especially horrible once she took up with Luke and every other soap started to copy the GH Luke and Laura type stories. I actually think Genie is a better actress now and is used sparingly which is much better. Although I could actually use Laura taking some time away from Alexis who has become a pathetic excuse for a character. Like a woman in her mid to late 60s would be shocked to find out she has osteoporosis or would be fucking her brains out all the time. Her pussy would be so dry by now that sex would be the last thing on her mind.

by Anonymousreply 112October 23, 2020 8:06 PM

Where is LeZzie Charleson? Eating out Denise Alexanders snatch?

by Anonymousreply 113October 23, 2020 8:07 PM

If this was the old soap days Carly would have shown up during Nelle's funeral, she and Nina would've gotten in a catfight and one of them would've ended up falling in the grave.

by Anonymousreply 114October 24, 2020 3:03 AM

I hope Julian, GH’s most fuckable man, does not die.

by Anonymousreply 115October 27, 2020 2:08 PM

^^^Rumor is WdV's girlfriend got a job in Canada so he will be gone for a little but will be back.

by Anonymousreply 116October 27, 2020 2:14 PM

Are these writers planning on wrapping up some of these years-long stories for November sweeps? I was listening to a podcast yesterday from 2018 wherein the discussion was about the twin mapping, and Anna v. Alex as Peter's mother, and Carly hating Nelle. Can we move on? With Laura off-screen, the only characters on this show I give two shits about are Ava, Julian, Chase, Cameron and Trani.

by Anonymousreply 117October 27, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote]the only characters on this show I give two shits about are Ava, Julian, Chase, Cameron and Trani.

I'm glad you like me, but watch your fucking trans-gressions, missy!

by Anonymousreply 118October 27, 2020 6:04 PM

hmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 27, 2020 10:24 PM

I'm no defender of Miss Rylan's acting, but she is smack in the middle of story and the progeny of Luke & Laura.

Is this maybe that Julie Berman is coming back?

Wasn't it mentioned the other day that a set was blown up (a set speculated to be Charlie's)? Are they thinning the cast with a disaster that actually yields death?

by Anonymousreply 120October 27, 2020 10:46 PM

Yet Parking Lot hire WR lives on.

by Anonymousreply 121October 27, 2020 10:59 PM

R121 Because WR is FUCKING HOT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 122October 27, 2020 11:18 PM

I think it’s been obvious with WDV. I’m shocked about ER though. Sure, she’s a shitty actress but a ton of others should’ve been let go before her.

by Anonymousreply 123October 27, 2020 11:31 PM

R120 I think The Floating Rib blows up. Here’s the photo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 27, 2020 11:33 PM

With the Charlie's speculation, I've been assuming Julian blew it up himself in order to fake his own death and escape the Nelle/Ryan/Sonny/Cyrus walls closing in.

by Anonymousreply 125October 28, 2020 5:04 AM

It's The Floating Rib that blows up not Charlies.

by Anonymousreply 126October 28, 2020 7:46 PM

Someone stop her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 28, 2020 11:42 PM

Blow up Laura Wright’s Carly!!! Take off the bandages and have it be Tamara Braun or SJB!

PLEASE

by Anonymousreply 128October 28, 2020 11:51 PM

LW is close with FV. So I don't think she will be going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 129October 28, 2020 11:57 PM

KSt should’ve been let go before ER. I don’t get this decision at all.

by Anonymousreply 130October 29, 2020 12:04 AM

Frank Valentini likes pussy! lololololol Frank is a homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 131October 29, 2020 12:05 AM

So does anyone know what the fuck was up with Franco, at the end today?

by Anonymousreply 132October 29, 2020 1:44 AM

^^Speculation is that he had a stroke since 10/29 is National Stroke Day.

but I don't know

by Anonymousreply 133October 29, 2020 2:11 AM

R132 They’re bringing back the memory-mapping bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 134October 29, 2020 2:44 AM

is anyone in here an actor from the show? crew member? soap press? relative? connected to ABC?

by Anonymousreply 135October 29, 2020 6:51 AM

Vee from SON is in the biz, in case you didn’t know.

by Anonymousreply 136October 29, 2020 8:33 AM

Not the Floating Rib!!!!

by Anonymousreply 137October 29, 2020 9:11 AM

Who the hell is this?

by Anonymousreply 138October 29, 2020 9:32 AM

Tamara Braun is back at Days.

by Anonymousreply 139October 29, 2020 12:10 PM

I read Alexis and Sam get in a car accident. Don't know how accurate the rumor is but they wouldn't off Alexis would they? We know nothing will ever happen to sleepy Sam.

by Anonymousreply 140October 29, 2020 1:28 PM

Kill off both Alexis and Sam they’ve run their course and the actresses problematic!

by Anonymousreply 141October 29, 2020 1:36 PM

Kelly should’ve been gone well over a decade ago but NLG can stay. I’m loving drunk Alexis. I also love they put her back in Ned’s orbit.

by Anonymousreply 142October 29, 2020 3:02 PM

NLG is playing herself.

by Anonymousreply 143October 29, 2020 3:48 PM

Miss Valentini is on thin ice.

by Anonymousreply 144October 29, 2020 3:50 PM

Alexis is a vet who’s been on for decades yet her “legacy” daughters are barely a focus. Except for Sam who is a character who’s played out. Why waste the money on NLG and Alexis? She refuses to play cassadine stories and off screen is a big mouth bully. Check her Twitter for confirmation!

by Anonymousreply 145October 29, 2020 3:59 PM

Hey! I can play drunk. Where's MY storyline?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 29, 2020 4:52 PM

Has Finn confessed to Roxy about his secret fatherhood? Will carrying this secret all these years drive poor Roxy to drink?

by Anonymousreply 147October 29, 2020 5:32 PM

GH is far from perfect but it has improved since the hiatus. I have to commend them for dropping major stuff out of the blue as opposed to just on Friday's. I certainly did not see today's shock coming.

by Anonymousreply 148October 29, 2020 10:09 PM

what was todays shock?

by Anonymousreply 149October 29, 2020 10:10 PM

R149

Peter got a phone call and it an undead Helena. Words can't express how much I love Constance Towers.

by Anonymousreply 150October 29, 2020 10:16 PM

Emme Rylan out

by Anonymousreply 151October 29, 2020 11:49 PM

r151

is there confirmation yet?

by Anonymousreply 152October 30, 2020 12:24 AM

OMG I'm all excited for a Helena return!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 153October 30, 2020 12:42 AM

I can't believe they really brought Helena back again. So silly.

by Anonymousreply 154October 30, 2020 1:00 AM

It's NEVER silly to bring back your greatest villain.

by Anonymousreply 155October 30, 2020 1:06 AM

Ok, whoever chose the sailor costume for Cameron must be a gay chickenhawk, right?

by Anonymousreply 156October 30, 2020 1:20 AM

Does Franco have brain cancer?

by Anonymousreply 157October 30, 2020 1:21 AM

I'd like to see Carly, Franco, and a few others leave before the ones who are likely out.

by Anonymousreply 158October 30, 2020 5:42 AM

Same but I fear those two are safe R158. I’m mostly worried about Becky Herbst. I hate Friz but I’m mainly watching for her and Liz.

by Anonymousreply 159October 30, 2020 9:40 AM

R164

How dare you! Helena drips venom .She is a fantastic character played by a fantastic actress.

by Anonymousreply 160October 30, 2020 11:59 AM

I heard CT is filming the Helena scenes from home.

And R152, Emme posted on IG that she can’t talk about it but said the house she’s renting was just sold so she and her boyfriend are putting everything in storage and taking the three kids and pets on a Covid restricted road trip. She mentioned that she’s been working on soaps M-F since 2003 and has never had a break. That’s basically confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 161October 30, 2020 1:06 PM

Constance talked about it briefly on the Locher Room "Capitol" reunion lately. She was more in Clarissa McCandless mode than Helena mode, although at one point she did make a funny comment about nasty people who bring out the other side of her which came out in her Helena tone of voice.

by Anonymousreply 162October 30, 2020 1:24 PM

Helena reminds me of Sian Phillips as Livia from "I Claudius". Would that make Nicholas "Caligula"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 30, 2020 1:32 PM

R160 I love CT, and her portrayal was great.

But I start losing interest in a story when a show brings back characters from the dead 4 and 5 and 6 and 12 times....I mean, come on, now.

by Anonymousreply 164October 30, 2020 1:50 PM

But, Helena is being brought back, again, to make Valentin and Peter interesting, and invaluable to the canvas! Her lifelong hatred for Laura, and her love for grandson Nikolas, be damned.

by Anonymousreply 165October 30, 2020 2:10 PM

[quote]But I start losing interest in a story when a show brings back characters from the dead 4 and 5 and 6 and 12 times....I mean, come on, now.

Absolutely. Once a character is dead, he should stay dead.

by Anonymousreply 166October 30, 2020 2:32 PM

Oh Emme dear drama queen. Exaggerate much? First off, she joined GL in 2006. So I’d love to know which show she was working Monday through Friday on from 2003-2006. Secondly, we all know that soaps have many many many ‘dark weeks’ during the year. GH is in production about 40 weeks a year and Emme certainly didn’t work 5 days a week during those 40 weeks. Good riddance dear.

by Anonymousreply 167October 30, 2020 2:43 PM

Hey, as we learned in "Soapdish", even if you are decapitated, you can be brought back! Miracle surgery! Scotch tape! Super glue!

by Anonymousreply 168October 30, 2020 2:54 PM

What ever happened to the look-alike whom Helena planted in prison back in 2002 so she could escape? Maybe that's who died, implanted with Helena's memories.

by Anonymousreply 169October 30, 2020 2:55 PM

R167 She probably said 2006, so that’s my mistake. But she did say she was working M-F the entire time. An aimless road trip with three children and pets sounds like a nightmare but best of luck to her. I won’t miss her though.

by Anonymousreply 170October 30, 2020 3:19 PM

Constance Townley from the WSP sends Constance Towers her regards!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 30, 2020 3:26 PM

R170 She actually said 2004, according to Soap Opera Digest, who pointed out that she didn’t join GL until 2006. But her claim that she worked Monday - Friday all that time is absurd. Soaps are hard work - WHEN they work. Their working days are crazy, recording 2 or 3 and sometimes more episodes in a day. However, the average soap actor worked way under 100 days a year. Not a bad gig. I’d be thrilled to work under 100 days a year and have 265 days off. Poor, overworked Emme.

by Anonymousreply 172October 30, 2020 3:29 PM

Leave Kelly alone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 30, 2020 3:37 PM

Emme and her "partner" are/were "renters", R167 and R170. Bitch can't commit.

by Anonymousreply 174October 30, 2020 4:23 PM

R166 Stefano is the poster boy for that nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 175October 30, 2020 4:42 PM

Let's also note that just because it's CT's voice doesn't mean it'll actually be Helena (whether it's a fraud or a double). I still suspect the long-term plan is to reveal Cassandra Pierce has Helena's memories.

by Anonymousreply 176October 30, 2020 6:47 PM

Could RoHo be on his way out?

Maybe Franco kills himself to spare Liz and the boys what he might turn into again thus going out a hero of sorts?

by Anonymousreply 177October 30, 2020 7:15 PM

Damn it! It was revealed today that Helena is still dead. The voice is something Spin cooked up to snag Peter.

R177

I hope Howarth's not leaving. Franco/Liz are one of the only pairings that work on GH. They have great chemistry & can pull off romance, banter, angst, drama, etc..

by Anonymousreply 178October 30, 2020 7:32 PM

Friz are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 179October 30, 2020 8:00 PM

Howarth has long been dead weight.

by Anonymousreply 180October 30, 2020 8:33 PM

[quote]Let's also note that just because it's CT's voice doesn't mean it'll actually be Helena (whether it's a fraud or a double)

You're on the right track. It was a good twist, and somewhat plausible, too.

by Anonymousreply 181October 30, 2020 9:29 PM

Is RoHo going into contract negotiations soon, or extended vacation time? They could always backburner him for a while by shipping him off to some clinic in Switzerland for special treatments. Maybe he gets cured, maybe he doesn't...

by Anonymousreply 182October 30, 2020 9:38 PM

I doubt he's leaving. His contract was up in July so he obviously re-signed. I also doubt TPTB want to lose one of the few pairings that have chemistry. Herbst/Howarth are 100% more electric than melatonin Michael/Willow, asexual roomies Carly/Sonny, pulseless Sam/Jason, dull as dirt Jax/Nina, etc...

by Anonymousreply 183October 30, 2020 9:45 PM

It was finally revealed today that Anna is not Peter's mother! Hallelujah!

by Anonymousreply 184October 30, 2020 10:17 PM

r184

They did? I saw Alex returned but I guess I missed them saying Anna is not Peter's mom but to be fair, I fast-forwarded a lot

by Anonymousreply 185October 30, 2020 10:30 PM

I'd love it if RoHo left. I'm so tired of the clown act. Cement Block Easton can leave too.

by Anonymousreply 186October 30, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote] Howarth has long been dead weight.

He was at ATWT too

by Anonymousreply 187October 30, 2020 11:20 PM

Oh, man. He was AWFUL on ATWT. I loved Rosanna couldn't even watch because of him.

by Anonymousreply 188October 30, 2020 11:26 PM

R181 I could still see her return at some point. Remember with that aborted Chimera storyline, it was left open whether or not she was still alive somewhere. It was never really revealed whom the henchmen were working for. It had to be someone who knew of the Chimera and that she implanted all that in Jake. With Covid, right now might not be the best time for an 87 year old to return to taping a soap. But, I could very much see her make a return at some point over the next year or two, for one last hurrah. Especially whenever they get around to actually bringing the memory mapping story to a final conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 189October 31, 2020 1:06 AM

Howarth always yells; he yells less with Liz, but mostly, he yells.

He yelled as Todd and as Paul and as Todd again and then Franco...yells, yells, yells...everyone is stupid but the character he plays.

Interestingly, both Stefano and the Cassadines were created by the same writer -- the late, great Pat Falken Smith. She took over GH after Doug left.

She created Kelly's Diner, expanded Joe's family to his dad and Rose.

She then went to DAYS and created the Bradys; actor wise she brought over Frank Parker to play Shawn Brady and Thaao to play Tony DiMera (they were Joe's dad and Victor Cassadine on GH).

After DAYS, Pat actually went back to GH: her last great creation as Anna Devane.

by Anonymousreply 190October 31, 2020 1:24 AM

Roger Howarth can cum in me, anytime! He ain’t going nowhere and you FAT ugly fraus are useless. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 191October 31, 2020 1:59 AM

r190 Pat Falken Smith had a brief detour between leaving Days in 1982 and returning to GH in 1983. That detour was to Guiding Light in fall 1982.

When Doug Marland left GL, he recommended her as his replacement, saying she successfully replaced him at GH when he'd left that show. As Falken Smith had just been let go (foolishly) from Days over a contract dispute in summer 1982, she was available to HW for GL.

It was a bad fit and she only lasted about three months as GL HW. Her only lasting contribution to GL was the introduction of the bar Company. In the story, a truck that was moving a house toppled over in front of the Reardon Boarding House. The house fell of the back of the truck and rather than try to get the house moved, the Reardons decided to leave the house in the sideyard and open it as a bar called Tony and Company. But everybody just called it Company.

by Anonymousreply 192October 31, 2020 3:58 AM

Company lasted until GL's last episode.

Kelly's Diner is around today.

The woman knew what she was doing.

by Anonymousreply 193October 31, 2020 4:24 AM

Oy vey, The Bold and the Beautiful has turned into Passions. A doll came to life today on B&B. What has happened to my stories?

by Anonymousreply 194October 31, 2020 8:07 AM

R194 I believe that Thomas is suffering from delusions.

I guess that was supposed to be a sexy scene with Michael and Willow in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 195October 31, 2020 8:42 AM

It would have been better if they showed Michael’s dick of death.

by Anonymousreply 196October 31, 2020 9:35 AM

R195

The actor who plays Thomas said he's suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. Oy Vey! Brad Bell couldn't even do the opioid addiction story justic & he thinks he'll be able to do justice to a major mental illness story.? B&B truly is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 197October 31, 2020 11:34 AM

B&B has jumped the sharkiest shark that ever sharked. GH isn’t much better with the crazy goings on. Maura West is annoying me.

by Anonymousreply 198October 31, 2020 1:16 PM

Rumors:

A male veteran tied to an older legacy female character is returning. This back from the dead will shock a lot of fans during a cliffhanger and it was filmed during a closed set.

Two OLTL actors on their way.

by Anonymousreply 199October 31, 2020 1:23 PM

I hope they're not bringing AJ back again.

by Anonymousreply 200October 31, 2020 1:28 PM

I would love for it to be Duke.

Is Anna considered "legacy"?

by Anonymousreply 201October 31, 2020 1:31 PM

Gotta assume it's Easton and Lawson, since they didn't pull the trigger on the dirty teacher/student storyline for Joss.

by Anonymousreply 202October 31, 2020 1:59 PM

Please let AJ stay dead. They dropped the ball on the character forever ago. SK’s return was a DISASTER.

by Anonymousreply 203October 31, 2020 2:03 PM

I should clarify "Two OLTL actors on their way TO GH..." not on their way out.

by Anonymousreply 204October 31, 2020 2:05 PM

AJ will be resurrected as a black trans lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 205October 31, 2020 2:05 PM

r202

what are you referring to?

I took r199 as 2 OLTL actors are on their way in not out

by Anonymousreply 206October 31, 2020 2:05 PM

Well, with ER gone I highly doubt ML is staying around. What’s the point.

by Anonymousreply 207October 31, 2020 2:06 PM

And I took R199 differently, R202. Happy Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 208October 31, 2020 2:17 PM

At least they undid the Anna/Peter garbage.

by Anonymousreply 209October 31, 2020 2:20 PM

The only AJ worth a damn was Billy Warlock.

by Anonymousreply 210October 31, 2020 4:10 PM

Another "special" episode coming up, essentially centered around Eden. Did she catch Frank in a compromising position or something? Soon the show will be called Josslyn's Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 211October 31, 2020 4:10 PM

She’s the new Kristen Alderson. An episode about the suffrage movement has Molly and Alexis written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 212October 31, 2020 4:45 PM

OMG! Don’t let that HOTTIE from Twitter, Alan Sarapa, that you don’t like Eden McCoy. (I can’t stand her!) Alan will have a meltdown because Eden responds to his tweets so he loves her and she can do no wrong. Except, she’s awful and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 213October 31, 2020 5:14 PM

Two things:

1) Why are people coming for Kelly's looks? What did she do?

2) Howarth is one of those soap actors who is stuck on soaps, doesn't want to be on soaps, despises the genre, but knows he can't go anywhere else and make the kind of money he makes on soaps. So like many people, with bills to pay and stuck in a job they hate, he just phones it in.

by Anonymousreply 214October 31, 2020 5:25 PM

[quote]Why are people coming for Kelly's looks? What did she do?

I guess if you don't mind a mouth that looks like a baboon's ass and a wardrobe that looks somewhere in between street whore and widow's shroud, she's fine.

by Anonymousreply 215October 31, 2020 5:30 PM

Okay, that made me laugh. Thank you R215 😆😁🤣

by Anonymousreply 216October 31, 2020 5:35 PM

It is hard to read SON because dumb Dylan can’t spell.

by Anonymousreply 217October 31, 2020 5:39 PM

R214 She posted this photo, flipped out over the comments about her face, and then claimed she got bit by a brown recluse spider. She deleted it then reposted it then disabled comments and then put them back on to fight with people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218October 31, 2020 6:59 PM

Billy Miller said that KeMo has the hairiest pussy that he’s ever eaten out. And that man has eaten ALOT OF PUSSY!!

by Anonymousreply 219October 31, 2020 11:27 PM

I would love to see Slezak come on and turn into Jean Randolph and she can throw Sonny into a dungeon and after he rants and raves she just does that Jean look and says: "Mr. Corinthos, I understand that this Deke person locked you 'inna closet' but I simply do not care. My father did unspeakable things to me and I didn't take it out on other people. You are revolting. And a bully."

by Anonymousreply 220November 1, 2020 5:57 AM

Yes! And then let Nikki freak him out and Tory let her fury out on him for his abuse of young women (e.g., Karen).

by Anonymousreply 221November 1, 2020 2:16 PM

Miss Sleestack is not going out to the west coast at tall.

by Anonymousreply 222November 1, 2020 3:47 PM

What ever became of Kassie DePaiva and Florencia Lozano who played Blair and Tea on OLTL? I think of them because "Todd" is already on GH. My first thought was ES because she was my favorite acting partner with RH. Even in his worst days on OLTL he seemed to try a little bit in scenes with ES. But I too think she would not move out to LA. Although RH lives in NYC and commutes, I don't think ES would be up to it? They could be bringing in someone who what's his face who plays Finn had chemistry with on OLTL. I really can't think of anyone now but I'm sure there was someone some OLTL fans liked him with.

by Anonymousreply 223November 1, 2020 7:44 PM

Renee Elise Goldberry was hot with Michael Easton. Plus she’d make a much better Jordan. If GH has to keep RH and ME let’s hope they make them their OLTL characters again! Gina Tognoni could make a great Dr. Sarah Weber and potential love interest for either of those guys!

by Anonymousreply 224November 1, 2020 7:48 PM

No more newbies, please.

by Anonymousreply 225November 1, 2020 10:38 PM

Even though of course they would be, especially to GH viewers who never watched OLTL I don't think of the OLTL actors as newbies, at least if it's OLTL actors that I liked. I actually miss Victor, the one who was the Todd replacement until RH crawled back to the show. Of course ES and I really liked Tea with Victor on the online OLTL. They had the hottest sex scenes that could never have been shown the TV version. I don't want Nora. I didn't like her on OLTL and I didn't like her on GH, or Bo for that matter. I would totally understand GH viewers being resentful of newbies, even if they come from OLTL but there is so much dead weight on GH they could get rid of, like Lulu and that guy she's with and Dante, Maxie, Carly's daughter and that guy, not Cam, the other one, Michael and his wife, Sacha, my god they could trim that cast by at least 15. Oh, Sam, yeah she need to go. Sonny, Jason and Carly but I know that would never happen. I know I'm alone here but I wish they'd bring back Billy Miller. I liked Drew. Oh new Nick, Ava deserves so much better. Really tons of dead weight there.

by Anonymousreply 226November 2, 2020 12:30 AM

[quote]I know I'm alone here but I wish they'd bring back Billy Miller. I liked Drew.

You are correct. You are alone.

by Anonymousreply 227November 2, 2020 12:38 AM

Nelle's body being found in Pennsylvania suggests that the OLTL characters would be medical or legal types. Legal might suggest Bo (police chief) or perhaps Nora, but she's been on several times so that's no surprise. On the medical side, I can't recall any doctors or nurses in the final year of OLTL. On the other hand, it could instead be some nefarious types who are involved in some racket with Nelle. Cutter Wentworth? David Vickers? On the third hand, it could be one of the Buchanan girls -- Jessica? Natalie? I'm afraid I haven't been very helpful. Who were FV's favorites?

by Anonymousreply 228November 2, 2020 12:57 AM

[quote] Who were FV's favorites?

KA's "Starr Manning" just like Joss is his favorite now.

by Anonymousreply 229November 2, 2020 1:08 AM

God, would Bo still be Chief of Police? He must be 90 by now. They might as well bring back Larry Wolek (sp?) for a medical person. I really don't want Natalie or Jessica. If push came to shove I'd rather have Starr than either of them and I don't even like Starr. What about Clint? Are any of the Clint actors still alive. I'd love to see Dorian again, but I liked her best in scenes with Viki. There is not one youngish OLTL character or actor I'd ever want to see again.

by Anonymousreply 230November 2, 2020 2:04 AM

Maybe Bree Williamson (Jessica Buchanan on OLTL) is coming back as Claudette?

by Anonymousreply 231November 2, 2020 2:19 AM

Bo Buchannan was never police chief. He was police commissioner.

by Anonymousreply 232November 2, 2020 2:29 AM

RoHo and Easton are both deadweight and need to leave, never to be seen again. They’ve dumbed down both Liz and Anna for those two. Anna is getting it worse since they’ve forced Peter on her.

by Anonymousreply 233November 2, 2020 2:46 AM

if they're getting rid of Emme and Will for budget why bring on two OLTL folks?

by Anonymousreply 234November 2, 2020 5:06 AM

Huge OLTL fan and I can’t think of any two characters I’d want to see on GH. Tea could be an interesting love interest for Sonny but why not just bring on the actress as someone new. I would have liked Bree Williamson to play Sarah Weber or Serena Baldwin instead they wasted her on the Claudette nonsense. Same goes for James Depiva playing doctor sleaze instead of Jeff Webber.

by Anonymousreply 235November 2, 2020 5:53 AM

Will is now claiming he hasn’t been fired. He’s been trolling for months, hinting that he’s gone. Idk what’s going on.

by Anonymousreply 236November 2, 2020 12:19 PM

Will de Vry and the hot police guy are the only sexy men on the show. They're fools to let go of that hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 237November 2, 2020 1:53 PM

Why did they allow Genie Diva Francis to sit on her ass at home for months? Will she come back as fat as ever?

by Anonymousreply 238November 2, 2020 2:20 PM

Kim Delaney and Lisa Lo Cicero are signed on to a new project—CENTER CITY produced by Matt Walton directed by Vincent Spano. What do we know about it?

by Anonymousreply 239November 2, 2020 4:11 PM

Will's contract is up and it's not being renewed; technically, that's not being dropped on a cycle aka fired.

His deal is up and they're not renewing; that's what I'm inferring.

by Anonymousreply 240November 2, 2020 5:37 PM

Most of the stories have come back a lot tighter after the shutdown. The exception is the Nelle storyline.

It seems like they decided to keep the character dead only after shooting her last scene. That really seems to have left the Nelle being Nina's child storyline totally adrift. Hopefully, they can get that story back on track with its new direction soon.

by Anonymousreply 241November 2, 2020 6:31 PM

General Hospital is garbage. Again. Get that check, Genie.

by Anonymousreply 242November 2, 2020 6:42 PM

[quote]CENTER CITY produced by Matt Walton directed by Vincent Spano. What do we know about it?

That it's on "THE PENNSYLVANIA SIDE OF THE RIVER."

by Anonymousreply 243November 2, 2020 6:49 PM

Today is the special women's suffrage episode. I haven't seen it yet, but word is it's pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 244November 2, 2020 7:19 PM

They should have had Kathleen Gati speak in her normal voice for this episode, the accent wasn't necessary.

by Anonymousreply 245November 2, 2020 7:25 PM

Vee from SON approved of today’s episode. He’s in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 246November 2, 2020 8:10 PM

Nice touch with the Georgia O'Keeffe lookalike painting hanging front and center at the gallery. Somebody in the art department has a sense of humor!

by Anonymousreply 247November 2, 2020 8:11 PM

It was a good episode. I didn’t like that it was marketed as Joss and Carly focused when it was really Joss and Trina. I appreciated them acknowledging black women and their struggle during the time. I do find it strange they decided to make it focused on Joss and her first time voting rather than making it an Alexis and Molly episode. Those two characters would’ve been perfect. I think NLG got maybe two lines. Molly wasn’t even in the episode. Even in 1920 “Ava” and “Britt” were the bad guys and, of course, “Carly” got the upper hand. They made a big deal over Joss being 18. Maybe they’ll finally give the teens less vanilla storylines.

by Anonymousreply 248November 2, 2020 8:56 PM

I'm intrigued by the Center City project.

by Anonymousreply 249November 2, 2020 9:20 PM

[quote] Huge OLTL fan and I can’t think of any two characters I’d want to see on GH.

There are a few OLTL or AMC characters I could see on GH, but I'd mainly do it for short term aces.

They could use Clint Buchanan and Buchanan Enterprises in an ELQ storyline. I could see Erica Kane having a storyline with Deception or Crimson.

I could see a storyline where Dorian Lord, etc... has become the Chief of Staff of Mercy and has a rivalry storyline with GH, especially if Monica is restored at GH. David Hayward would be the perfect doctor to be revealed as the mastermind behind the mind mapping procedure, plus he has major history with Anna.

I'd love to see Victor Lord, Jr in any capacity because the actor is SEXY AS FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 250November 2, 2020 9:47 PM

i’m Vee from SON. I approve everything.

by Anonymousreply 251November 2, 2020 10:12 PM

Is Center City produced by the same Matt Walton who was so uber-sexy playing Eli who had a kind of S&M relationship with Kassie de Paiva's character?

by Anonymousreply 252November 2, 2020 10:14 PM

I approve everything because I work in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 253November 2, 2020 10:23 PM

Whenever I hear Center City I always think of Billy Cylde Tuggle . What a fantastic character.

by Anonymousreply 254November 2, 2020 11:16 PM

So weird that he and Christine Baranski were married. She was briefly on the show, though, as a character named Jewel.

by Anonymousreply 255November 2, 2020 11:32 PM

Yes the same Matt Walton. There is a website. Center-City.net I think they are waiting until after Nov 3rd to roll out Kim. Rumor is she is very enthusiastic about it. She is a Philly girl after all.

by Anonymousreply 256November 3, 2020 1:59 AM

Center City will have major gay story lines.

by Anonymousreply 257November 3, 2020 3:22 AM

Oh jebus - I just read that annoying Amy from GH had a QVC clothing collection.

Behold:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258November 3, 2020 4:30 AM

No thank you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259November 3, 2020 4:32 AM

Vee from SON is trying to save One Day at a Time. lolololol Asshole!

by Anonymousreply 260November 3, 2020 11:53 AM

So I guess no GH today.

by Anonymousreply 261November 4, 2020 6:03 PM

Vee tried to save GH today.

by Anonymousreply 262November 4, 2020 6:24 PM

Joined in progress in my area, I caught about 45 minutes of it. Chyron said entire episode will be available on abc.com at 8:00 pm.

Couple of surprises.

Jackie being sent away on out of town assignment already....wonder how long KD will be gone.

by Anonymousreply 263November 4, 2020 7:09 PM

Is That Character really dead? Or was today a fake out?

by Anonymousreply 264November 4, 2020 7:18 PM

Two characters went down. I believe one will survive and the other was a fake out.

by Anonymousreply 265November 4, 2020 7:39 PM

Vee. He knows everything!

by Anonymousreply 266November 4, 2020 7:50 PM

Steamy hotness alert for the opening scene....

by Anonymousreply 267November 4, 2020 8:28 PM

who died?

by Anonymousreply 268November 4, 2020 11:10 PM

Ryan was stabbed. Jordan faked a faint.

by Anonymousreply 269November 5, 2020 1:05 AM

Duell has the dick of death!

by Anonymousreply 270November 5, 2020 11:38 AM

Why don't they show Duell in the shower? Anyway, Chase in the shower was a delight. Let's see more of that. (I did like him better with a beard.)

by Anonymousreply 271November 5, 2020 12:26 PM

Alderson says that Duell shaves ‘down there’.

by Anonymousreply 272November 5, 2020 12:33 PM

R271 They showed him in the shower a few days ago.

by Anonymousreply 273November 5, 2020 3:53 PM

Goodbye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274November 5, 2020 3:58 PM

Maybe WdV has accepted a position as an Instructor at DeVry University?

by Anonymousreply 275November 5, 2020 4:06 PM

If he was going underground anyway, WTF did he spill all the beans to Cyrus? No good was ever gonna come of that, it gives him way too much leverage.

by Anonymousreply 276November 5, 2020 4:12 PM

People have been saying for years that WdV is leaving the show. Guess they have to be right one time

by Anonymousreply 277November 5, 2020 4:47 PM

He’s been hinting for weeks about leaving. I think Julian is done but WdV is also a troll.

by Anonymousreply 278November 5, 2020 5:19 PM

Epiphany has certainly added the quarantine 15 x 6. My god that actress is in Chrissy Metz territory.

by Anonymousreply 279November 6, 2020 5:14 PM

She’s a bit plump.

by Anonymousreply 280November 6, 2020 5:16 PM

Jesus Christ. No worry about social distancing from Epiphany. If you stand shoulder to shoulder, you’re still 6 feet away.

by Anonymousreply 281November 6, 2020 5:21 PM

KSt is getting there.

by Anonymousreply 282November 6, 2020 8:56 PM

Kriss y Metz territory.........

by Anonymousreply 283November 7, 2020 12:36 AM

Why does this thread keep showing there are new posts when there are not?

by Anonymousreply 284November 8, 2020 1:43 AM

You must have a prolific poster ignored... #vee #scoche

by Anonymousreply 285November 8, 2020 2:16 AM

Yes, its the posts of people who you have set on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 286November 8, 2020 3:06 AM

I have never set anyone on ignore. I don't even know how to do it.

by Anonymousreply 287November 8, 2020 3:08 AM

I've accidentally put myself on ignore, so you never know.

by Anonymousreply 288November 8, 2020 3:54 AM

Vee from SON will not be ignored!!!!!!! He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 289November 8, 2020 5:38 AM

Every now and then DL will mysteriously add posters to my ignore list in much the same way it will mysteriously add or delete threads from my thread watcher list.

To check on this, go to the IGNORE button on the top tool bar at the top of the screen. It's the circle with the slash through it. Click on that button and it will show you the all the posts from posters that are on Ignore (whether you intentionally added them or DL mysteriously added them). If you no longer want to ignore that poster, just click on the X is upper right hand corner.

by Anonymousreply 290November 8, 2020 7:20 AM

Ignore me at your own peril! I am the new Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy on the #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Come join us as I make a sweeping entrance as the grande dame of Genoa City.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291November 8, 2020 4:03 PM

Vee is in the biz. You know.

by Anonymousreply 292November 8, 2020 10:44 PM

Can someone summarize/explain to me how the hell Anna can not remember if Peter is her son?

by Anonymousreply 293November 9, 2020 3:23 PM

R293, the greatest mystery of soaps; unless they tied it to that time after the boat explosion and wrote in she had amnesia.

Finola deserves and Emmy for all this.

by Anonymousreply 294November 9, 2020 3:28 PM

The simplest explanation r293, is that there was a memory transfer program with several sets of twins and Anna and her sister were part of that program

by Anonymousreply 295November 9, 2020 4:19 PM

Vee from SON can explain it. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 296November 9, 2020 4:58 PM

Hello all! It’s me Shearoun Stiegele, the new Nurse Audrey March (Hardy). I cannot wait to be one of the Faces of (Your) as I enter the doors of General Hospital. Wait until that pesky Monica gets a load of me! Poor Liz will not believe how much I have changed! She can forget what she knew about me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297November 9, 2020 9:33 PM

Vee signed off on the Audrey recast

by Anonymousreply 298November 9, 2020 9:35 PM

Has my beloved Rachel Ames passed? She outlived them all - Steve, Jessie blue sweater, Lila , Edward...........

by Anonymousreply 299November 9, 2020 9:57 PM

The poor dear who plays Joss is so homely! Alan Sarapa is in love with her because she tweets to him, but the poor dear is so limited.

by Anonymousreply 300November 9, 2020 11:04 PM

And the one who plays Finn’s brother has crossed eyes!

by Anonymousreply 301November 9, 2020 11:06 PM

I will debut as Nurse Audrey March (Hardy) at the nurse’s station at General Hospital. Frank Valentini has revealed that the classic GH saxophone theme “Faces of the Heart” will play as the camera pans over me working. You will need tissues indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302November 9, 2020 11:25 PM

I never noticed that Swickard is cross-eyed.

Eden is a little mouth breather with chiclets for front teeth.

by Anonymousreply 303November 9, 2020 11:41 PM

Swickard can’t act. Hired for looks only by Gay Valentini.

by Anonymousreply 304November 10, 2020 1:03 AM

R295 - I get that there was a memory transfer program but it leaves me with the following question:

If Alex is the mother and Anna has JUST the memory of birthing Peter, wouldn't the fact that she has no other memories indicate she's not Peter's mother?

by Anonymousreply 305November 10, 2020 2:29 AM

Well, she has referred to her memories (post mapping) as being a rather jumbled up mess, that it wasn't completely clear which things were really hers and which things actually belonged to Alex. It almost seems that perhaps the true personality underneath won out and since Anna was by nature more maternally inclined she accepted that role without question.

by Anonymousreply 306November 10, 2020 3:21 AM

Everyone will be talking about my story as Nurse Audrey March VERY SOON.

by Anonymousreply 307November 10, 2020 3:28 AM

Is Audrey Baldwin coming back?

by Anonymousreply 308November 10, 2020 10:32 AM

Monday's episode was a shitshow. Wes Ramsey made Josh Swickard look like Olivier.

by Anonymousreply 309November 10, 2020 11:38 AM

Don't bash my Josh (Swickard)! With hot daddy William de Vry leaving, he's the only one worth watching. And I mean every chest hair.

by Anonymousreply 310November 10, 2020 11:52 AM

Classically trained actor Wes is really, really bad. He can’t handle emotional material and it doesn’t help that fat KSt is just plain lazy in every scene she’s in.

by Anonymousreply 311November 10, 2020 12:33 PM

WDV is so hot - why are we losing him? Why don’t we get more of his son Ryan Carnes?

Actors playing Chase and Peter are weak actors while Michael has little sexual appeal.

by Anonymousreply 312November 10, 2020 1:02 PM

What is going on with Kirsten Storms? Why has she left the show a bunch in the past. Drug problems?

by Anonymousreply 313November 10, 2020 1:19 PM

Should Maxie be written off or recast? Hard to buy Storms as a viable love interest? Maxie has lost her spark liked her better as a trouble maker maybe it’s time to send the character away and bring her back at a later date? Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 314November 10, 2020 1:50 PM

Maxie should be written off before Lulu. Emme Rylan is a shitty actress but KStorms is worse. I never liked the character though.

by Anonymousreply 315November 10, 2020 1:52 PM

Swickard’s eyes are crossed.

by Anonymousreply 316November 10, 2020 2:14 PM

R313

Yes she has a history of drug use & had to be written out a couple times for rehab. Her ex-husband has custody of their daughter. Rumor has it her weight gain is due to methadone.

by Anonymousreply 317November 10, 2020 2:20 PM

Are ABC's hands tied because it is a health situation?

I don't understand why ABC can't write her out/kill her off and chalk it up to storyline dictated given her character is with a villain.

by Anonymousreply 318November 10, 2020 2:51 PM

Maxie must be popular, meaning ABC has to keep her. Also, if she's on contract and had drug problems they have to be VERY careful about letting her go, otherwise she could sue them.

by Anonymousreply 319November 10, 2020 3:43 PM

I think she’s only still around because of the BJ story nostalgia and because Frank feels sorry for her. There were also rumors that Frons had her set up with a nice ABC contract. He’s the one who brought her over and thought she’d pull in a younger audience to GH.

by Anonymousreply 320November 10, 2020 3:53 PM

Alex used to be a nice person back in the day. She was also a respected physician.

by Anonymousreply 321November 10, 2020 4:02 PM

r321 It's like Phoebe/Ursula on Friends. Ursula was nice on Mad About You (her original appearance), but on Friends she was a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 322November 10, 2020 4:08 PM

Demi Moore and Janine Turner joined GH at the same time. Turner seemed boring - did her character ever develop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323November 10, 2020 4:18 PM

Alex = a psychopath. Lazy writing.

by Anonymousreply 324November 10, 2020 4:59 PM

They made Alex a psychopath then had her roll off a boat.

by Anonymousreply 325November 10, 2020 5:19 PM

Audiences hated that Laura Templeton was brought on as such an obvious replacement for GF. Plus, it really didn't help that Janine was so new to acting that she didn't bring much to the role.

by Anonymousreply 326November 10, 2020 5:59 PM

R312

He only has no sex appeal with women but he has some pretty good chemistry with male costars, they should just make him gay

by Anonymousreply 327November 10, 2020 7:26 PM

Maybe Carnes will be back after DeVry is gone. There's no way Ms. Valentini missed how much chemistry there was between daddy and son.

by Anonymousreply 328November 10, 2020 8:08 PM

I started the new thread a little early because sometimes this one suddenly moves fast. We should have about 25 posts left in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329November 10, 2020 9:02 PM

Are they really about to tinker with the FLAWLESS David Hamilton story??

by Anonymousreply 330November 11, 2020 7:32 PM

I wonder if Denise is up for doing any shows?

Anyone with a grudge over that would have an ax to grind with her.

by Anonymousreply 331November 11, 2020 8:11 PM

They certainly seem to be hinting at it.

Perhaps they can touch on it without doing any major damage (like Erica's unabortion).

It would give Genie some good material. Hopefully bring back Denise Alexander for a while too!

I fail to understand why GH hasn't been using Denise regularly in recent years. Leslie is a vital part of that show. Mother to Laura, Grandmother to Lulu and Nikolas and Lucky. Great-grandmother to Spencer. They could poistion her much like they did Lila and later Audrey -- the sage elder you come to for love and advice.

by Anonymousreply 332November 11, 2020 8:13 PM

The Finn-Chase-Harrison-Hamilton-whatever men feel right together with Gregory Harrison at the center. It works.

by Anonymousreply 333November 11, 2020 8:24 PM

r332

Is she even in good health?

by Anonymousreply 334November 11, 2020 8:26 PM

I think she's close to 80, but she looked great in 2018 when she took part in the Hayeses tribute at the Daytime Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 335November 11, 2020 8:30 PM

Don't know about her health overall.

Over the last several years when Leslie has made appearance, she's seemed to have some trouble with balance. You notice Leslie reaching out to a counter top or something to steady herself.

If Denise is having problems, they can always put her in a wheelchair. Lila Quatermain spent the last 20 years of her life in wheelchair and was still a vital part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 336November 11, 2020 8:30 PM

When was Leslie's last appearnce?

Was it the 56th anniversary show in 2019 when Gail Baldwin's will had them go on a scavenger hunt through the hospital?

by Anonymousreply 337November 11, 2020 8:32 PM

R337, yes, she looked good then too.

It was Charleson's idea for Lesley to call Monica a 'slut'

by Anonymousreply 338November 11, 2020 8:33 PM

I remember that episode vividly as a young gayling. When Lesley called Monica a slut I had to look it up in the dictionary! Mary!

by Anonymousreply 339November 11, 2020 9:31 PM

Lesley called Monica a slut in the Gail tribute episode last year. It was a perfect episode for Denise to have submitted for that guest actor category. Alas, it didn't happen.

In the original, viewers knew for weeks that Monica had lied about Rick being AJ's father Alan humiliated Monica in the Q's living room at a big party benefiting GH's teaching wing.

Viewers saw Monica's downfall coming; it was brilliant. It was everything. It was soap opera.

After Rick bolted, he wound up at Kelly's, devastated he'd just lost a son. Cue little Mike coming in who needed a substitute dad for a little league event.

It was the best! Pat Falken Smith playing out a story that Doug Marland had set up so brilliantly.

So many great lines and such great performances. I love how this scene starts off with Lesley saying to Rick: "then you'll have what you've always wanted...Monica....and your son." She was saying I know you're only leaving me because of your son. Once that was no longer the case, we knew that Rick and Lesley would find their way back to one another.

Same on GH for peeing all over Rick and Lesley's legacy with making him a weirdo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340November 11, 2020 9:59 PM

I was wondering why the show was so good today, then I realized that Carly wasn't on today

by Anonymousreply 341November 11, 2020 10:38 PM

Hearing rumblings that Kristen Alderson may be in as a temporary Maxie recast. K. Storms will be out for a month or two.

by Anonymousreply 342November 11, 2020 11:37 PM

No matter who played her Lulu always seemed to have a bug up her ass about something.

by Anonymousreply 343November 11, 2020 11:54 PM

KSt sure does get a lot of chances.

Were they able to cut Tyler loose without legal consequences because he refused treatment?

by Anonymousreply 344November 12, 2020 12:19 AM

do they need a reason? they can just buy them out through their next cycle.

by Anonymousreply 345November 12, 2020 3:41 AM

Lezzy Charleson wants an Emmy dammit!! Make ot happen!

by Anonymousreply 346November 12, 2020 5:39 AM

Why wouldn’t someone in town just kill this tiresome mob boss Cyrus? This non-scary guy is frightening 20 people in town and no one can off him? I hate the whole storyline.

Josh Swickard is hot as fuck, so I don’t know what some of you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 347November 12, 2020 5:48 AM

R347 Just because that asstard on twitter, Alan Sarapa, pushes Swickard, it doesn’t mean that he doesn’t have crossed eyes and is a horrible actor. Fuck you Alan Sarapa. You are homely! You fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 348November 12, 2020 10:29 AM

Do we think that Cyrus is one of the Hamilton kids that is supposed to be dead? Maybe the person in the house is the other kid. Now he wants revenge for his daddy.

by Anonymousreply 349November 12, 2020 10:55 AM

Maybe David Hamilton isn’t even dead! Maybe he’s like Victor Lord and waiting on Lulu’s heart!

by Anonymousreply 350November 12, 2020 12:00 PM

There are retcons and there are RETCONS, by which I mean some retcons are appealing to the audience and some are not. They work if they reach deep into the history, yes, changing it, but giving the audience a really satisfying new story. Those that are done just for sensational purposes (e.g., Victor Lord's resurrection decades after his death) are a big fail. I don't have a position on Erica's unabortion because I was never a fan of All My Children, but I imagine many fans view it as a failed retcon. On the other hand, dipping into Viki's history on OLTL and finding that her multiple personalities were due to her having been molested by her father, not -- as in previous explanations -- because she saw her father push her mother down the stairs, or because she saw her father in bed with her best friend -- that was a logical explanation and yielded a satisfying story.

by Anonymousreply 351November 12, 2020 1:01 PM

The more passage of time helps a lot with retcons. I've been watching the show for many decades and the David Hamilton storyline is a very foggy memory. They should have a lot of leeway with that one.

The show's now completely moved past the original appearances of Julian

by Anonymousreply 352November 12, 2020 1:13 PM

All the while this is going on, Lesley is slowly losing Rick to Monica even though she's married to Alan, who gave her a house that he tried to kick her out of. There was at least one party at the Quartermaine penthouse (prior to the mansion set coming along); Lesley looks over and sees Rick and Monica laughing it up and they're playing that Dionne Warwick song "Wives & Lovers" -- "Wives should always be lovers, too..."

All this was made richer by an incredibly talented supporting cast and B) storylines/character beats....attorney Howard Lansing was playing he had a crush on Lesley. Tracy Q. was always hovering, observing, trying to do everything she could to undermine Monica. David Lewis and Anna Lee so well cast as Alan and Tracy's parents.

Laura had a cute parole officer who always seemed to show up when Bobbie had managed to taunt Laura, causing her to briefly snap. They didn't find a way to work him into the story after Laura's parole ended.

One time, Bobbie taunted Laura, working in the hospital book room, telling her she needed a book to read on her break and could Laura recommend a 'nice juicy murder mystery; something with a lot of VIOLENCE in it!' this causes Laura to snap, she attacks Bobbie, they're rolling around on the floor and Bobbie's laughing it up; MONICA walks in, breaks it up and the parole officer and others pop in to assess; it's clear to Monica what Bobbie has done, but Laura looks bad. Not good. Bobbie's excused and on her way out, she says to Monica: "I just want to thank you for SAVING MY LIFE b/c I don't know WHAT Laura would have done if you hadn't come in when you did!"

Around this time, viewers flocked from top-rated time slot competitor Another World over to GH; These were the main story thrusts going on that took the show from No. 9 near cancellation to No. 2; later, after Doug left to spin his magic in Springfield on GL, the show went to No. 1.

this is going over 40 years ago so, not all of my memories are going to be accurate, but this is what I remember.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353November 12, 2020 2:39 PM

here's what I remember about David Hamilton. I ran home from jr. high everyday to see this stuff. It was special.

A skeevy buddy of Rick's who came to live with the Webbers after Rick and Lesley were married and Laura was living with Lesley, too, at this time. I think Rick had adopted her.

David moves out; starts an affair with Laura. she writes him a bunch of love letters. He rips them up in her face, telling her he never cared about her but Lesley? "Well, she always turned me on!" Laura pushes David away in anger/frustration; he falls and either hits his head or 'lands on his heart' (I remember hearing that one). She goes catatonic, loses her memory of what had happened.

Lesley comes in....sees what's happened or maybe Laura told her? She cleans up the love letters and any clothes Laura has there and drops them down the incinerator. (I think). She lies to the police that she killed David Hamilton. The d.a. (forget his name, but he was good; balding guy with glasses) gets suspicious. He looks up at a lighting fixture and sees a piece of the letter that reads "nor Rick must ever know of our love" (something like that).

The d.a. presents it at trial to show his theory Lesley and David were lovers and she killed him to keep him quiet. Lee Baldwin asks for a handwriting expert, but Lesley lies that the letter is hers. She's found guilty! Rick goes to visit her, incredulous as to why she would do this. Then, it hits him - it's Laura. Lesley is protecting Laura. He starts to leave and Les says: "If you ever loved me, don't walk out this door." And he goes...not because he doesn't love her but because he does.

Laura has run off to NY at this point and hooks up with a guy named Fish, played by a young Robert Davi. He's about to seduce her into a life of prostitution when Rick and MacGyver, I mean Jeff, and I think Scotty and Brian come along and help rescue her.

Laura comes home, confesses, Lesley is released from prison (but not before making pals with 'talk to' Colleen Middleton, who couldn't sing, but sang anyway on the show anyway; Les later got Colleen a job at the hospital where she ran into Bobbie Spencer and asked her about Elm street and her sister Patricia, someone the show finally addressed later). Laura confesses to Lesley that she had remembered all but was too afraid so she let her mom go to prison. Les -- not happy.

Then, the story became about Laura trying to stick to her probation (curfew!) and avoid going off to reform school, a place her nemesis Bobbie Spencer student nurse wanted to send her to more than life itself. She called her brother Luke to rig Scotty's car so Laura would miss her curfew, triggering a violation of her probation.

by Anonymousreply 354November 12, 2020 2:40 PM

ack read 354 first, then 353; I wrote in word and then copied in to break it up but pasted the second part first!

by Anonymousreply 355November 12, 2020 2:41 PM

That was a great storyline. Gloria Monty really got GH watchable. Marland hated her though. He had a picture of Monty in his toilet at home so he could shit on it. lololololol

by Anonymousreply 356November 12, 2020 3:02 PM

I remember as a young teen thinking that Joe Kelly was divine.

The actor later appeared on ALICE, though... and the shell shock of being exposed to Linda Lavin probably would have destroyed our relationship (as it surely has so many others.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357November 12, 2020 3:10 PM

Thank you, R355 (353, 354) for reminding me of how amazing GH was, and why I loved it and still can't quite let it go. It's like an old, fantastic blanket that gave a lot of comfort over the years. And, despite being in tatters, just can't be thrown away.

by Anonymousreply 358November 12, 2020 4:42 PM

@R358 Mary! You're not wrong, though. It's also why we still relish the vets, bad plastic surgery and all, because they provide a tangible connection and visible reminder of all those great times.

by Anonymousreply 359November 12, 2020 6:30 PM

Well said r351. I agree with what you said. Retcons that enhance established storylnes are good; retcons the undo the end result of an established storyline are generally not good.

I rarely have ever written letters to the shows. The few times I have written, its been due to the show doing a retcon or dropping hints in the plotline they were going to retcon something.

I loved the 1994-95 OLTL plot line revealing Viki's alters were the result of her father molesting her. Fantastic story. Well acted. Superbly written.

I hated the 2003 Victor Lord is really alive after dying 30 years earlier but now needs his granddaughter's heart to survive. Cruel, nasty storyline. Poorly devised, but actors what they could with it.

Ironically, both those storylines were by the same writer -- Michael Malone!

by Anonymousreply 360November 12, 2020 7:05 PM

I hated teen story lines on soaps as a teen and I still hate them. It was always the stories about adult characters that held my interest.

by Anonymousreply 361November 13, 2020 1:39 AM

So glad Genie is back. Had given up on it. I hope this info from the past pans out for a fun storyline.

by Anonymousreply 362November 13, 2020 1:45 AM

Before you bitches yell at me, is there a current OLTL thread?

by Anonymousreply 363November 13, 2020 1:47 AM

thanks R358, I agree.

I was thrilled over the moon when GH brought Denise Alexander back as Lesley; alas, Genie's real-life pregnancy led to her early exit so we didn't see much of Lesley; and the re-writing of Rick Webber was unforgiveable; what burns me is they could still fix it; get Chris and Denise back for four hours on the set, have them shoot 10 scenes to explain it all away (it was Helena! There was no Theresa Carter!)

Anywho, like Genie I was a teenager back then. Laura had a mother willing to go to jail to save her daughter; most kids are lucky to get 'don't slam the door!'

I'm looking forward to seeing this story play out. Would love for there to be some flashbacks!

by Anonymousreply 364November 13, 2020 6:13 AM

Genie has never been as good as she was here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365November 13, 2020 6:59 AM

Reminder to anyone who may forget how incestuous GH can be. When Liz married Lucky, she married her second step-cousin. Lucky's adopted grandfather was Rick Webber, brother of Jeff Webber, father of Liz.

by Anonymousreply 366November 13, 2020 7:16 AM

Married Franco and Liz both have the same half-brother

by Anonymousreply 367November 13, 2020 11:20 AM

[quote]Before you bitches yell at me, is there a current OLTL thread?

I don't think so, but you could probably bump an old one. Problem is, most of them tended to devolve into the same stupid jokes about Slee and prunes, and what's her face that did something with a Tercel in the parking garage.

by Anonymousreply 368November 13, 2020 3:51 PM

Give the Willow actress an Emmy for today for saying the line “You’ve got moves, Mr. Corinthos” with a straight face after Willow and Michael had sex.

by Anonymousreply 369November 14, 2020 12:38 AM

Pablum cheered and milquetoast nodded approvingly!

by Anonymousreply 370November 14, 2020 1:15 AM

do Franco and Liz live in the old Webber house?

The one Rick and Lesley lived in and then after Rick and Ginny left town, I think Tony and Lucy? live there?

Years later, I think Mac and the girls were there with Felicia?

The kitchen's in a different place but the living room and stairs are the same.

by Anonymousreply 371November 14, 2020 2:29 AM

There was that brief story arc where waterfront renovation was the big thing and Morgan and Kiki (I think) were rehabbing what they referred to as "the brownstone." That seems to be the same set that they altered slightly to be Liz and Franco's place.

by Anonymousreply 372November 14, 2020 4:57 AM

Will DeVry makes me moist - down there.

by Anonymousreply 373November 14, 2020 5:46 AM

Speaking of things that have lasted longer than expected, like this thread - They keep talking about Nelle, are they bringing her back or not?

by Anonymousreply 374November 14, 2020 2:18 PM

Nelle was never identified, I don't believe; they still have some cast cuts to make, I predict she'll be back and bump off a few people though maybe they're saving that for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 375November 14, 2020 3:40 PM

I recall Laura dropping by to see Mac and Felicia once in a while when Felicia was paired with Luke; she'd walk into that old Webber house with nary a mention of having lived there as a teen.

Compare that to today's regime resurrecting David Hamilton beats.

What a difference.

by Anonymousreply 376November 14, 2020 3:51 PM

Nelle should be pretty easy to identify. Even without DNA, how many random young, thin, blonde female corpses are there that just happen to have a huge kidney surgery scar and one missing? Now throw in the physical changes that come from giving birth, and I think you'd have a lock.

by Anonymousreply 377November 14, 2020 4:31 PM

those physical changes from giving birth don't always show.

by Anonymousreply 378November 14, 2020 4:59 PM

It's in the bones, Flo.

by Anonymousreply 379November 14, 2020 5:51 PM

Is this still the active thread? What do people think of the new Lucas? He is hot but completely different looking.

by Anonymousreply 380November 21, 2020 1:19 AM

We’re here now R380

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381November 21, 2020 2:56 AM

Ryan Carnes is exceptional; he danced with Magic Milo on year, but he's really the only one who had command of his body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382November 22, 2020 5:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!