Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ohio DLers - How Many Trump Lawn-Signs Do You See?

Since 1896, Ohioans have sided with the winning White House candidate in all but two elections. The Buckeye State has been a reliable bellwether since the 1960s

Trump won it by only 8% and polls show Biden only narrowly ahead

Will Trump win it this time?

by Anonymousreply 48November 1, 2020 6:29 PM

Far fewer Trump signs than 2016. Though not sure if that means fewer votes for Trump. Could be that people are just embarrassed about voting for him again.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 2:06 AM

I see 9 more Trump signs than Biden signs here in suburban Akron.

But not when I bundle them together with twine and power-fuck myself up the ass with their wooden stakes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 2:12 AM

I just don't get this infatuation with the number of lawn signs, I have never put a lawn sign in my yard, I have never voted for anyone because I saw a lawn sign, I don't care how many lawn signs there are, I would prefer to make a donation than buy a lawn sign and I always vote Democratic Party.

Trump cult followers will waste their money on lawn signs, maga shit hats, and bumper stickers, not me.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 2:30 AM

I live in Lakewood, so you know that Trump signs are similar to unicorns - non-existent.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 4:08 AM

OP, the Buckeye State is not considered a bellwether anymore, as Missouri, too, is no longer considered the same.

It's solidly republican. For good. We traded it for Virginia, which is good because Viriginia will keep gaining population and Ohio will keep losing it.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 4:14 AM

Lawn signs are not a good predictor of support. I think there are shy Biden supporters rather than shy Dump supporters. 538 moved OH to the blue column.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 4:18 AM

In the Toledo area, I see an equal amount of signs for Biden. I am not keeping a perfect tally of them, however.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 4:23 AM

R5 = Boris.

Ohio is SO going for Biden this year, just like it went for Obama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 6:23 AM

I live in Dayton. In the city, it's all Biden. Away from the city, it's Trumptown.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 9:50 AM

Hey r4, Lakewood here, too! I run every morning, through Rocky River and into Westlake (yeah, I run too much) and I see about four or five Biden lawn signs on my route and no Trump signs. That said, I go past a marina and there is a boat docked there that has a Trump flag hanging off it. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 10:00 AM

This thread isn’t for me but I find it fascinating and so I will mention that I have never seen a single Trump sign here in D.C. Ivanka and Jared’s house is surrounded by neighbors who have Biden-Harris signs and Black Lives Matters signs. (Ivanka and Jared are building a high wall around the back of their home right now, btw.)

Months ago, before the June primary, I saw almost entirely Buttigieg signs in NW DC front yards.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 10:36 AM

R10. I've noticed the Biden signs in River and Westlake also. Those are relatively Republican leaning suburbs; as much as one can be a Republican in Cuyahoga County.

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 11:53 AM

Yes, nobody cares what the addicts in Ohio think anymore. It doesn’t mean anything and is getting quite trashy.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 12:14 PM

Along Route 100 near Allentown, Pennsylvania only Trump signs.

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 12:16 PM

I went to visit my cousin in Twinsburg a few weeks ago. The further I got outside of Cleveland proper, the more Trump signs started popping up. On the whole, there were still more Biden houses than Trump houses, but weirdly, while the Biden houses had a single sign on the front lawn, the Trump houses were festooned with signs, posters and flags.

I'm sure this phenomenon has been discussed in other sign threads, but I was genuinely surprised/amused/disgusted by this. In its own way, it's a terrific metaphor for social media: the loud few trying to outshout the reasonable majority.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 12:18 PM

Trumpers are always trying to scream down everyone else with their tacky, cheap chinese made gear. Just like in SM where they bombard others with their airbrushed memes straight out of 1982, deepfake videos they are too stupid to realize aren't real and "news" from bullshit sources. Ignorance is always in your face and loudest, then wonders why no one likes it.

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2020 12:31 PM

There are shit ton of Trump signs and flags in Allen and Auglaize counties. It’s alarming, in fact. Some houses have the Trump as Rambo flags, even, and vertical banners. Trump flags fly on pickup truck beds.

I looked up the price of the regular MAGA flags, and they’re only like $6.95. At first I assumed they’d be more costly than that.

If you only saw Ohio through the lens of this area, you’d believe that Trump will win Ohio by a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2020 12:52 PM

And, repulsively, this area’s saturation of Trump yard ads usually means that there is also a Gym Jordan sign on the property.

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2020 12:54 PM

Rural areas of every state are Republican; cities Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2020 1:04 PM

r19 pretty much this - i am more shocked there are a few people on here from Lakewood! I grew up in Fairview Park - wassup my homies.

The tri c in the state - Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati are all usually left-leaning - Cincy not so much because if it's close proximity to Kentucky. Go farther west like Elyria and boom Trump city.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2020 1:16 PM

I'm in Toledo and see many more Biden signs. In fact, I don't recall seeing any Trump signs whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2020 1:23 PM

Trump supporters in the northern part of the state are afraid of putting out signs, lest they be identified with that scum in very unfriendly territory.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2020 1:36 PM

R8 that is what people here said about Hillary Clinton in 2016

See the DL 2016 link below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2020 3:04 PM

I think the fear is healthy but unfounded - All the polls had Hillary pounding Trump into the ground, but it turned out he won by just a few hunderd thousand votes. Voter registration is way up this year. I have a feeling everyone who took a seat last time are showing up and Trump will get destroyed. Not just close but destroyed. Humiiated - like a Mondale level loss.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2020 3:30 PM

New Report- Warren, Ohio which is still solidly behind Donald Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2020 3:33 PM

R24, not even a few hundred thousand.... I think about 77,000 across the three swing states he won.

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2020 4:46 PM

I've seen dozens more Biden signs in the Marion, Bucyrus, Delaware, Columbus area after he chose his running mate.

He had signs with just his name available but I only saw 1 or 2 of those until Harris was picked.

I've probably viewed more Biden signs now than Hillary signs in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2020 5:23 PM

In Cincinnati, I don't see Trump signs until I'm outside the city limits, in the outer suburbs. On NextDoor, I've read reports of Biden (and BLM) signs being destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 28September 29, 2020 5:30 PM

I'm in Dayton, about 45 minutes north of Cincy. The signs I see for Trump are mostly in the rural or more economically challenged areas. There are a few in our neighborhood but they are the old white people who havent had the decency to die yet. I see way more signs supporting Biden than I did Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 29September 29, 2020 7:42 PM

Dems have little presence in rural counties. Biden just made his first appearance Tuesday for the debate. Harris MIA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2020 11:58 AM

Biden & Trump TIED on Ohio

by Anonymousreply 31October 4, 2020 7:24 PM

R31 is correct: according to RealClearPolitics, they ARE tied in Ohio.

Biden is still 14 points ahead overall, and leadng in PA by 7, and FL by 5.

As is said in chess, the winner is the player who makes the next to last mistake. There's a month and a bit till the election. Plenty of time for more own goals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 4, 2020 7:29 PM

No, we're now less than a month until Election Day, although voting is already underway in many states.

by Anonymousreply 33October 4, 2020 7:37 PM

I am amazed at the naivete of Dumpsters who see a street with lawn signs or a rally of a 100 trucks/boats and think it means *everyone* *obviously* supports Dump. They're in for a rude awakening on 11/4.

by Anonymousreply 34October 4, 2020 8:59 PM

North and eastern suburbs of Cincinnati are usually Republican country. The Trump signs were up early, but starting to see a mix. More Biden signs lately, I’d say 60/40 right now leaning Trump. City is all Biden. Lots of Ditch Mitchell signs in Northern KY. (3rd largest population in KY).

by Anonymousreply 35October 4, 2020 9:10 PM

I live in Ohio and I'd say it's a toss up at this point. At night I go out and change Biden/Harris and Trump/Pence signs into Biden/Trump and Harris/Pence signs.

by Anonymousreply 36October 5, 2020 4:17 AM

Downtown Cleveland here.

Did you know if you bundle together all the Trump signs along I-90 from Cleveland to Toledo and wrap a prophylactic around the wooden posts, you can bang yourself for 24 minutes before splinters pin scraps of latex to your rectum?

by Anonymousreply 37October 5, 2020 4:19 AM

Did this sign get any news coverage? United Steelworkers light up a Biden/Harris sign on the Terminal Tower the night of the debate. Better than a lawn sign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 5, 2020 7:14 PM

I have seen 3 Biden/Harris signs in my area in the last week.

Signs are finally getting out.

I have only seen one Trump bumper sticker and one MAGA hat all year in my state.

The pandemic has probably slowed the supply chain. But I’m sure all the toxic acrimony surrounding this race has discouraged people from displaying their support.

by Anonymousreply 39October 5, 2020 9:04 PM

Another thing — I live in one of the most conservative states.

I have seen two, different guys in two, different suburban gyms wearing “Reagan-Bush ‘84” T-shirts.

One was in his 30s; one was in his 20s.

This is a very loud, anti-Trump protest from the right.

by Anonymousreply 40October 5, 2020 9:07 PM

Early voting turnout in Dem-heavy parts of Ohio is looking really promising.

by Anonymousreply 41October 10, 2020 11:43 PM

R34, wasn't Dump himself rambling on about the boats a few days ago?

by Anonymousreply 42October 10, 2020 11:47 PM

TONS in Hamilton County (Cincy). Catholics believe he's gonna get abortion outlawed so the pick of Amy Barrett is working.

by Anonymousreply 43October 10, 2020 11:55 PM

r42 Yes, he was. He thinks 100 loyalists is representative of an entire state.

Abortion: from Jan. 2017 to Jan. 2019 Repugs controlled the House, Senate, White House, and SCOTUS and they did *nothing* about abortion and they never intend to. What would they have without it?

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2020 12:16 AM

Hello R21. I paid more attention to signs the past few days while running errands. In the Toledo area, I see more Biden signs than Trump signs.

by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2020 1:26 AM

I’m spending the weekend in Conor Lamb country. More Biden signs for sure. In face, I was shocked at how few Dump signs there were.

by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2020 2:38 AM

How many Trump Lawn signs do you see today?

by Anonymousreply 47November 1, 2020 5:32 PM

I see a surprising amount of Trump signs on 315 in Columbus Ohio coming back from a dental appointment. There were some Biden signs (1 with a spray painted x on it).

Delaware county had a bout a 50/50 mix on the roads I saw there

I see 60% Trump & 40% Biden in Marion county.

I might be going to Crawford county (Bucyrus, Galion, etc.) here soon so I will report what I see there if & when it happens.

There are more Biden signs around now than there were for Hillary so I'm hopeful about that.

by Anonymousreply 48November 1, 2020 6:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!