Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This is why it’s so hard for Democrats to win Florida

FLORIDA Among Hispanic Voters: Trump 45% (+2) Biden 43%

@QuinnipiacPoll, LV, 8/28-9/1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474September 29, 2021 6:25 AM

Because many of the people in Florida vote according to how well the stock market is doing.

by Anonymousreply 1September 4, 2020 2:42 AM

FLORIDA Biden 48% (+3) Trump 45%

@QuinnipiacPoll, LV, 8/28-9/1

by Anonymousreply 2September 4, 2020 2:43 AM

Florida has a heavy cuban population and they still hate Obama for going to Cuba - as well as most cubans who come here are republicans.

by Anonymousreply 3September 4, 2020 2:45 AM

There aren't many Cubans outside the south east. But yes, they are Rubugs and were so before Obama. They regard the GOP as the business party.

by Anonymousreply 4September 4, 2020 2:47 AM

Venezuelans also tend to be Republicans

by Anonymousreply 5September 4, 2020 2:48 AM

I know columbians in florida - big Obama supporters who were pissed he went to cuba. Not only Cubans hate castro

by Anonymousreply 6September 4, 2020 2:48 AM

"Look at those Republicans, up to no good I'll be bound."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 4, 2020 2:49 AM

Floridians LOVE that Trump is threatening to deplete their Social Security.

by Anonymousreply 8September 4, 2020 2:50 AM

The 'Cubans' in Miami and environs are all business. They're US citizens, most of them, that's why I use the inverted commas.

by Anonymousreply 9September 4, 2020 2:51 AM

Biden will win Florida.

by Anonymousreply 10September 4, 2020 2:52 AM

Which is why you don’t see people flip out about Cuban or Venezuelan immigrants. They vote red. It’s all about who they vote for. Conservatives demonize any group who doesn’t buy their bad policies. Yes, they are the business party-for only business and not 99% of us who are workers.

by Anonymousreply 11September 4, 2020 2:52 AM

Fear, uncertainty, doom!!

by Anonymousreply 12September 4, 2020 2:55 AM

There are huge communities of Puerto Ricans in Hillsborough County and the Orlando area (seminole/orange).

by Anonymousreply 13September 4, 2020 2:56 AM

The Cuban-Americans flip out about non-Cuban arrivals all the time.

by Anonymousreply 14September 4, 2020 2:56 AM

Some people feel safer with a Big Daddy at the helm, bossing everyone around. Look how many dark-skinned countries have dictators.

by Anonymousreply 15September 4, 2020 2:56 AM

Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are not turning out to vote anywhere near their numbers in Florida

by Anonymousreply 16September 4, 2020 2:58 AM

One of my favorite things Obama did was revoke the Wet Foot, Dry Foot policy which favored Cuban exceptionalism.

by Anonymousreply 17September 4, 2020 2:58 AM

There's a reason Orlando leans left--the only county (two counties) that is reliably democratic outside of Brow, West Palm, and M-D.

by Anonymousreply 18September 4, 2020 3:00 AM

Why aren't whites voting their best interest in Florida?! Fuck! They are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19September 4, 2020 3:01 AM

Big Daddy with Pretty. South, not FL. This is your entr'acte before you start eating each other for dinner like reptiles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 4, 2020 3:01 AM

Hispanics can be just as, if not more, racist than whites against blacks. The prioritization of the BLM message is admirable - but Dems are idiots for using it as a campaign slogan. They seem set on losing elections on principle - I’m sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 21September 4, 2020 3:03 AM

R21 Sooo cowtow to racists? Hispanics are just as dull as whites if they think most conservatives think they are anything above a servant.

by Anonymousreply 22September 4, 2020 3:09 AM

There's not a race problem in America really. There's a wealth disparity problem. Cops earn 80k on average. That's a good fuckin job! They are arresting poor people that can't make a living

by Anonymousreply 23September 4, 2020 3:12 AM

[quote] That's a good fuckin job!

It's danger money.

[quote] They are arresting poor people that can't make a living

They are killing them, esp if they are black.

All part of the price built into the checks and balances of the Founding Fathers.

by Anonymousreply 24September 4, 2020 3:15 AM

The rich play everybody for fools. My god we’re stupid. How do people vote republican? They offer nothing to anybody earning less than 10 million.

by Anonymousreply 25September 4, 2020 3:15 AM

Cops make 80k - retire at 48 - and then get 80k for the REST of their lives without working, it’s not the salary - it’s the pension that makes it a golden job. Yes, they take on risk - but that’s why they get pensions worth millions. Why we treat cops like self-sacrificing volunteer firefighters when they are well-paid public employees of US is the issue. Cops sign up for the benefits - and the power trip. We need different cops.

by Anonymousreply 26September 4, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote] They offer nothing to anybody earning less than 10 million.

It's called Deliverance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 4, 2020 3:21 AM

God only knows what you’re trying to say there, R20.

by Anonymousreply 28September 4, 2020 3:28 AM

AND YET, BIDEN HAS BEEN WINNING FLORIDA POLLS FOR 2 YEARS.

Trump's neglect of the pandemic and all the senior citizens dying there makes it easy for Democrats to win Florida.

Boris OP = FAKE NEWS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 4, 2020 3:32 AM

Why I think Florida will vote for Biden:

1. Florida voted for Obama/Biden in 2008 and 2012. 2. Trump won FL in 2016 by just 1.2 percent and Joe Biden is a much different candidate than HRC. 3. Yesterday's Opinium poll has Biden +7. 4. A proposition on the ballot to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour will lead to high turnout among poor voters. 5. 75,000 Puerto Ricans moved to FL after Hurricane Maria and I don't think they liked his paper towel stunt. 6. Hundreds of thousands of elderly white people have passed on since 2016 (not COVID-related). 7. The unemployment rate is 11.4 percent due to COVID.

by Anonymousreply 30September 4, 2020 3:33 AM

538's FL forecast: Trump 41 in 100, Biden 59 in 100.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 4, 2020 3:35 AM

All I remember are the ancient Jews in the old days, through their Rodenstock Senators, telling the networks that they didn't understand what a chad was and they had no idea about the difference between dimpled and hanging. Quaint.

by Anonymousreply 32September 4, 2020 3:38 AM

R31, you still believe in those wack forecasts? For real, bruh???!!! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 33September 4, 2020 3:46 AM

[quote]that's why I use the inverted commas.

They're called quotation marks, dumbass R9.

by Anonymousreply 34September 4, 2020 3:49 AM

High falutin commas.

by Anonymousreply 35September 4, 2020 3:59 AM

Nate Silver: Given rapid improvement in many economic indicators, and fairly high approval for Trump on the economy, the idea that Trump is doomed to lose because of the economy seems pretty miscast at this point. It really might be a *comparative* strength of his.

by Anonymousreply 36September 4, 2020 3:51 PM

Trump’s budget has a $2 TRILLION cut for Medicare, Medicaid, and social security.

Will the Floridian elderly love that?

by Anonymousreply 37September 4, 2020 3:56 PM

Will democrats know how to use that as a potent political weapon?

by Anonymousreply 38September 4, 2020 3:58 PM

Hispanics tend not to have much common sense in general.

by Anonymousreply 39September 4, 2020 4:05 PM

Nate Cohn: One thing that seems pretty real: Arizona to the left of Florida. It was true in 2018. With the exception of a fleeting period in July, it's been true in the polling for most of this cycle. Arizona is not a huge state, but under the right circumstances it's a very important shift

by Anonymousreply 40September 23, 2020 11:41 PM

Why is it so hard for Republicans to stay within their mandate?

NEW POLLING AFTER GINSBURG'S DEATH SHOWS BIDEN WINNING FLORIDA AGAIN:

FLORIDA:

BIDEN: 49%

TRUMP: 46%

ARIZONA:

BIDEN: 49%

TRUMP: 43%

[quote]The poll shows that a majority of likely voters nationally — 57 percent — do not believe that Trump should be able to nominate a replacement for Ginsburg. A little more than a third of respondents — 37 percent — say that he should fill the open seat.

Change Research/CNBC 9/18 - 9/20 = 100% polling after Ginsburg's death and Republican intentions announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 23, 2020 11:44 PM

Those Hispanic voters are Cuban. They make great food, but man, are they stupid. And racist.

by Anonymousreply 42September 23, 2020 11:46 PM

[quote] One of my favorite things Obama did was revoke the Wet Foot, Dry Foot policy which favored Cuban exceptionalism.

How’s that?

by Anonymousreply 43September 23, 2020 11:48 PM

[quote] Hispanics tend not to have much common sense in general

They are easily fooled. Next thing you know they are on a one way ticket to the UK for a long life of servitude to me.

by Anonymousreply 44September 23, 2020 11:52 PM

r42 is correct, those Latino republican voters are mostly white Cubans and Venezuelans. I live in South Florida. These are white Cubans who have done well for themselves, because South Florida is a haven for Latinos. Marilyn Milian of the People's Court is a great example. Big donor to the Republican party.They vote Republican because their parents did.

The Republican party at large could give two shits about people of Cuban descent in Florida, but Cubans don't realize it because they have only ever lived in South Florida where Republican Latinos hold office. Hopefully now they will see the true nature of the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 45September 24, 2020 12:17 AM

If the Democrats can't fix tap water contamination in Florida, they will never win there. You can't reason with people with dysfunctional brains. Floridian kids suffer from brain cancer the most in the country. SAD!!!!

by Anonymousreply 46September 24, 2020 12:30 AM

Oh yes, Trump is going to save their water!

by Anonymousreply 47September 24, 2020 4:18 AM

Based on his record, no way should Trump be polling anywhere above the teens. He's failed at everything for four long years.

If they re-elect him, they deserve every misery known to mankind.

by Anonymousreply 48September 24, 2020 6:03 AM

But we all will suffer

by Anonymousreply 49September 24, 2020 12:17 PM

God, how I wish Cuba were “liberated” so they could return “home”. F Castro.

by Anonymousreply 50September 24, 2020 12:44 PM

Biden should make it a point of ending Cuba’s current regime. That’s one overseas intervention I’d be ok with. Florida will turn blue in a year.

by Anonymousreply 51September 24, 2020 12:45 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 24, 2020 1:25 PM

Maybe stop calling them "LatinX" and they will come around.

by Anonymousreply 53September 24, 2020 1:47 PM

Yeah, R53, I'm sure middle-aged Cuban Boomers have heard that term before.

by Anonymousreply 54September 24, 2020 1:57 PM

R53 stinx.

Fuck off, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 55September 24, 2020 2:53 PM

Cubans are the deplorables of the Latino population.

by Anonymousreply 56September 24, 2020 3:11 PM

Those aren't all Cubans in that poll, R56.

by Anonymousreply 57September 24, 2020 6:46 PM

Cubans either washed-up on the shores in an innertube and got citizenship- or they are the offspring of the boatlifts when Castro cleaned out his insane asylums.

by Anonymousreply 58September 24, 2020 11:41 PM

Something's in the water': Florida Republicans see surge in voter registration'

Source: Politico

MIAMI — Republicans have closed the traditional voter registration gap with Democrats to an historically small margin in Florida, triggering a wave of Democratic apprehension in the nation’s biggest swing state.

Top Florida Democrats and longtime activists have increasingly groused in private that they feel pressure from Joe Biden’s campaign to refrain from door-to-door canvassing or holding voter registration drives due to the potential spread of the coronavirus and fears of muddying his messaging on the pandemic.

In the absence of such efforts, a concerted drive by President Donald Trump’s Florida campaign to register voters has helped cut the state’s long-standing Democratic advantage to fewer than 185,000 voters, a gap of just 1.3 percentage points, according to data from the Florida Division of Elections released this week.

“It’s late in the game now,” said state Sen. Jason Pizzo, a Miami Democrat. “There’s been no pushback from us, meaning that for every 100 doors that Republicans have proverbially knocked on, it’s not like they pissed people off to the point where they’ve run to the Democratic Party because they’re pissed at the GOP. It’s shown to be effective.”

by Anonymousreply 59September 25, 2020 1:04 AM

Going door to door works. Yes, even in a pandemic. Now Democrats are panicking. Told ya so

by Anonymousreply 60September 25, 2020 1:05 AM

Dems always seem to drop the ball in FL, covid or no covid. The party for some reason doesn't seem to get how important a state it is. We can still win without it but if we won it the GOP would have a difficult (almost impossible) time winning the presidency. We also need to be able to win statewide there as Rubio's seat is coming up in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 61September 25, 2020 1:06 AM

Why couldn't the Democrats in Florida do what Beto's group has done in Texas--all online? I don’t remember the numbers now, but I think Beto’s group has registered over a million new voters. We need a lot of new blood in the Democratic Party, people who are tech savvy and eager to try new ways of doing things.

by Anonymousreply 62September 25, 2020 1:07 AM

The Cubans vote predominantly Republican.

by Anonymousreply 63September 25, 2020 1:25 AM

Of course

by Anonymousreply 64September 25, 2020 1:29 AM

[quote]Dems always seem to drop the ball in FL, covid or no covid. The party for some reason doesn't seem to get how important a state it is.

I just can't figure out why this is always the case. After the year 2000, you would think that they'd spend a sizable amount of time making sure Florida is a sure thing.

by Anonymousreply 65September 25, 2020 1:33 AM

I agree. Even this year, it’s seems Democrats are half-hearted about winning Florida and ready to concede the state. It’s disconcerting

by Anonymousreply 66September 25, 2020 1:41 AM

The FL Democratic Party is a poorly run mess. I think they only have a couple thousand in the bank. The DNC needs to clean house and completely revamp. There’s no reason whatsoever that both Gillium and Nelson had to lose in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 67September 25, 2020 1:49 AM

Stop blaming hispanics. They mostly live in south florida and that area is reliably blue. The main problem is the northern part of florida (panhandle, jacksonville etc). I believe Jacksonville is the largest red city in America

by Anonymousreply 68September 25, 2020 2:20 AM

No blame them r68. They are the ones who put Deathsantis over the top and caused Andrew Gillum to run with nasty hoes on meth.

by Anonymousreply 69September 25, 2020 2:22 AM

I just saw on MSNBC about how a lot of Democrats in Nevada are upset that Republicans have been going to door registrant a lot new Republican voters, but Democrats haven’t done anything like it. There is a feeling that Democrats unwisely unilaterally disarmed On the ground voter contact while Republicans have put the pedal to the metal.

by Anonymousreply 70September 25, 2020 2:22 AM

[quote] Beto’s group has registered over a million new voters.

Registered doesn't mean they vote, nor does it guarantee they vote Dem.

by Anonymousreply 71September 25, 2020 2:26 AM

R68 you know what they say about Florida...the further north you go, the more southern it gets

by Anonymousreply 72September 25, 2020 2:29 AM

Republican registrations skyrocketing in Florida

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 25, 2020 2:35 AM

F&F the lying Fake News troll @ r67..

The Democrats have five times as much cash as the Republicans at this point and stealing RBG's seat is only increasing their haul!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 25, 2020 2:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 25, 2020 2:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 25, 2020 2:44 AM

I am always amazed at the hatred of Cuba when we have China’s dick so far up our ass it is touching our lungs. Since Trump has been in off Putin’s dick is so far down his throat it might rot off from gastric juices. Yet Cuba is evil in carnate.

by Anonymousreply 77September 25, 2020 2:48 AM

Don't tell me Trump isn't a "poorly run mess."

Trump bankrupts everything he touches. He has 6 corporate bankruptcies and he added $7 trillion to the U.S. national debt. He had to turn to Russian mafia rackets to bail his business failures out.

No banks will loan to him; no professionals will work with his companies. Trump is crazy and full of shit and he throws everyone he works with under the bus. That's why the Trump Organization is a sad, family crime operation.

Now this"economic genius" can't afford ads in Ohio and Arizona!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 25, 2020 2:51 AM

Trump is a sociopath, a grifter and a traitor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 25, 2020 2:52 AM

The Demcrats are so flush with cash right now, they're going to flush the Republicans STRAIGHT DOWN THE SHITTER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 25, 2020 2:55 AM

[bold]Because the Democratic Party in FL is hopeless.[/bold] As a result, the last time we had a functioning government was under Charlie Crist in 2010.

Just a few notes, the experts can tell you more --

* The [bold]Democratic party runs what I call "great black hopes" for Governor[/bold]. None of them stand a chance in the northern part of the state.

* Other than Obama, [bold]no one has patrolled the I-4 corridor to GOTV, especially the Puerto Rican vote.[/bold] OTOH, slippery eels like Rick Scott do PR outreach.

* [bold]Old Democratic Bulls like former Senator Bill Nelson barely campaign.[/bold]Rick Wilson couldn't believe it.

* [bold]Voter suppression [/bold]- it is what it is. Can't be changed, the Democrats need to win despite the suppression. When I went to vote, I worried my signature might be different than it was all those years ago. The poll worker told me "Don't worry about that, we don't care." Guess what - we had a recount and ballots were thrown out for not having matching signatures.

* [bold]The Tell [/bold]

*[bold]Why did no one vet Andrew Gillum?[/bold] Bisexual meth addict. Reckless lifestyle. Why did the Democratic Party allow him to run? Why didn't the Republican Party drop oppo research on him? B/c the Republicans knew they were going to win. According to Rick Wilson, a Democratic candidate needs to poll 10% ahead to make up for the "structural problems." (Voter suppression, lack of GOTV, lack poll worker training, bad candidates, unwillingness to campaign, open racism.)

*[bold]But the Cubans! [/bold] Hialeah, the most Cuban area in Dade, is represented in Congress by Donna Shalala - personal friend of Hillary, lesbian and liberal. She beat a Republican, second-generation Cuban-American woman. So, when the Democratic party wants to, it can. It just doesn't seem to want to.

by Anonymousreply 81September 25, 2020 3:33 AM

[quote] Why did no one vet Andrew Gillum? Bisexual meth addict. Reckless lifestyle. Why did the Democratic Party allow him to run?

Anyone can run for office. Literally, anyone can register as a democrat--or republican--and either get enough signatures or sign a check, and presto, they're a candidate.

[quote] *But the Cubans! Hialeah, the most Cuban area in Dade, is represented in Congress by Donna Shalala

Hialeah is represented by Diaz-Balart who is a republican. There is a tiny portion of "industrial" Hialeah--mostly warehouses and auto parts sellers and junk like that--that is part of Shalala's district.

Your other points are true.

by Anonymousreply 82September 25, 2020 4:08 AM

This is Shalala's district.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 25, 2020 4:09 AM

Is this Cubans? Didn't someone say here that Cubans don't associate themselves with Mexican Hispanics?

You know, because I base my political theories on random DL posts.

Good Damn, people. He's an asshat who would laugh and laugh if he saw your grandmother have a seizure just before getting hit by a bus. He'd do imitations of her at rallies if she wasn't one of his cult members.

Here's my new plan-let's have Trump interact with dogs on camera. My money is on the dogs sensing he's a fucker and not being comfortable around him. He'd show how terrible he is at interacting with kind, trusting souls.

We just have to put the dogs in witness protection afterward, because he'd definitely have them killed for embarrassing him publicly.

by Anonymousreply 84September 25, 2020 5:48 AM

Remember the video of him with the eagle?

It will be like that, only a sweet golden retriever cowering, then maybe biting his tiny balls.

by Anonymousreply 85September 25, 2020 5:49 AM

R74 hey galaxy brain, I was talking about the FLORIDA Democratic Party having no cash. That’s why I said the DNC needs to step in and clean up the mess of the party otherwise down ballot dems are going to get killed in FL

“ That issue appears to have continued with the party’s latest report. In one column of the report, Florida Democrats reported holding $741,829 in the bank at the end of August. In another column, the party said it had just $127,044”

The Republicans had $8 million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 25, 2020 12:22 PM

DNC has plenty of national cash. They should be flooding FL with money and staff

by Anonymousreply 87September 25, 2020 3:01 PM

I agree that it's a huge mistake for Biden not to do door-to-door canvassing, voter registration and turnout efforts in the battleground states.

You can have the volunteers wear N95 masks, gloves, face shields and use temperature scanners.

The destruction of America, democracy, our economy and the plague are too important to toe the strictest social distancing lines.

If Biden loses, it will be because of this huge mistake.

So far, the polls say Biden just has to not be Trump.

by Anonymousreply 88September 25, 2020 3:43 PM

The state Democratic Party doesn't need the cash for the crucial contest. There are no senators up for re-election and only one House seat in question, which won't affect the House majority and probably remain blue.

The Biden campaign, the DNC and SuperPacs are the ones who handle the Presidential campaigning and they are flush with plenty of cash.

They're swamping Republican advertising right now.

by Anonymousreply 89September 25, 2020 3:55 PM

Same story in North Carolina, where aggressive door to door voter registration and engagement is yielding big gains for Republicans, especially in the populace Piedmont region of The state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 25, 2020 4:05 PM

Populous

by Anonymousreply 91September 25, 2020 4:05 PM

It’s a huge mistake to unilaterally suspend door-to-door campaigning and ground engagement. Republicans are doing it more than ever, While Democrats have been virtually doing none of it. It can be done safely, and it’s stupid not to do so.

by Anonymousreply 92September 25, 2020 4:08 PM

You should not unilaterally stop doing something that helps win elections while the other side is going gangbusters doing that very activity.

by Anonymousreply 93September 25, 2020 5:33 PM

NEW Data for Progress poll puts Biden ahead of Trump in Florida, as usual for the last 4 years!

BIDEN: 46%

TRUMP: 43%

Date for Progress Sept. 15-22.

Tell us what a "trash" pollster Data for Progress is, Boris! Tell us how the Margin of Error is going to save The Godtoddler!

Tell us these numbers are just going to boost Trump when only polls with data AFTER Ginsburg's death come out.

COME ON, BORIS! TELL US!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 25, 2020 10:01 PM

No lies detected

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 26, 2020 2:35 AM

Florida goes red a lot because the state has many carpetbaggers who dont vote. They have no real connections or history in the state, so they don't feel it's important to vote. As long as they don't have to pay state income taxes. South Florida in particular is a very weird place, very disconnected from the realities of the rest of the state, and really the rest of America.

by Anonymousreply 96September 27, 2020 4:50 AM

media is owned by republican donors. People hear right wing propaganda all day every day.

by Anonymousreply 97September 27, 2020 4:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 7, 2020 3:11 AM

He's got FL.

by Anonymousreply 99October 7, 2020 4:16 AM

Well, Florida has 21 million people. 1.2 million in Miami are Cuban or Cuban-descended.

by Anonymousreply 100October 7, 2020 4:35 AM

Tuesday Puerto Rican governor Wanda Vázquez Garced endorsed Trump

by Anonymousreply 101October 7, 2020 4:51 AM

John King said tonight that Biden has a comfortable lead most swings states according to polls. Florida is still close

by Anonymousreply 102October 7, 2020 4:54 AM

WTF. How much did they pay her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 7, 2020 4:55 AM

Her opponent won the election, but the court installed her instead.

Perfect for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 104October 7, 2020 6:57 AM

Is she a "she"?

by Anonymousreply 105October 7, 2020 6:57 AM

All incoming Cubans automatically receive government assistance and welfare. How galling these these cunts vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 106October 7, 2020 7:18 AM

[quote] All incoming Cubans automatically receive government assistance and welfare. How galling these these cunts vote Republican.

They do not vote until they become citizens.

The ones of working age have jobs.

by Anonymousreply 107October 7, 2020 7:23 AM

R107 Obnoxious white wannabe Republican people.

by Anonymousreply 108October 7, 2020 7:39 AM

Is anyone shocked that people coming from Venezuela vote Republican? They have experienced the perfect implementation of socialism and are dying from it. The lucky few that can escape will never vote for a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 109October 7, 2020 7:45 AM

I think the DNC should start movements to educate Latino voters in Florida about the true horrors of the Republican party, and that it is not the Republican party of 1980s anymore. The candidates never spend enough time doing it and Florida's elections are too close to continue letting Republicans blindly get the votes.

Hopefully if the next debate happens in Miami, Biden can shut down Trump over some Latino-centric issues. Cubans and Puerto Ricans have no reason to vote for Republicans in 2020, its asinine. Not even for this bitch with 10 chins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 7, 2020 7:45 AM

R106

Most Cuban immigrants only use social welfare systems for a few months, if at all. They look around and see the parasites living generation after generation off of taxpayer cash and say “fuck that shit“.

Hispanics that have legally immigrated to United States are supporters of the loathsome Donald Trump because they don’t want lazy family members immigrating freely.

by Anonymousreply 111October 7, 2020 7:48 AM

R109 Venezuelans number 100,000 total in Florida. Fewer than that are voting. They're not as important as you or they think.

by Anonymousreply 112October 7, 2020 7:50 AM

R111 You sound like a MAGAt. Glad your boy is losing in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 113October 7, 2020 7:52 AM

R113

Strategically, I prefer Biden.

Realistically, the chances of him winning are negligible.

Four years of demonization of potential Trump voters has grossly distorted polling numbers. A significant minority of people contacted by telephone or “in person” pollsters will lie about their intentions.

When any indication of supporting Trump can potentially end your career, voters take caution.

Ignore this at your peril.

by Anonymousreply 114October 7, 2020 8:06 AM

r112 you are aware that Trump won Florida in 2016 by only 112,911 votes

by Anonymousreply 115October 7, 2020 8:06 AM

R114 I see your MAGAt posts all over your history. You fool no one, MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 116October 7, 2020 8:09 AM

R53 "LatinX" sounds like a laxative for Hispanics.

by Anonymousreply 117October 7, 2020 8:11 AM

You know what’s hilarious and dangerous? If you’re in Miami in even the wokest liberal, hipster, second and third generation Cubano mix group, drop something about Castro at least giving black folks literacy, healthcare and basic housing.

Watch them turn into screaming fascists.

by Anonymousreply 118October 7, 2020 8:13 AM

Whenever I see latinx I think it's pronounced latincs.

by Anonymousreply 119October 7, 2020 8:16 AM

R118 The good doesn't wash away the bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 7, 2020 8:22 AM

Well, they’re idiots.

by Anonymousreply 121October 7, 2020 8:33 AM

“Biden moves ahead of Trump in poll of Miami-Dade's Hispanic voters” Miami Herald – October 1 thru 4, 2020 Biden – 57% Trump – 37%

by Anonymousreply 122October 7, 2020 11:15 AM

[quote]Most Cuban immigrants only use social welfare systems for a few months, if at all.

Most Cuban immigrants assume that any day now they will hop on a plane to Havana, move back into the ancestral casa and dig up abuela's silverware in the backyard.

by Anonymousreply 123October 7, 2020 11:21 AM

God, I hope Cuba is "liberated" soon, so they can move back.

by Anonymousreply 124October 7, 2020 1:32 PM

Florida Poll: Biden 49% (+5) Trump 44% Cherry Communications (R) 9/23-9/29 LV

by Anonymousreply 125October 7, 2020 3:27 PM

Any slippage for Biden among AA and Latin voters, may be more than compensated by Biden’s vast improvement among the more numerous White and Senior voters.

by Anonymousreply 126October 7, 2020 3:44 PM

The seniors don’t seem to be particularly enamored of Cheatolini. They may cancel out a lot of those recalcitrant Cubans.

by Anonymousreply 127October 7, 2020 4:43 PM

Exactly

by Anonymousreply 128October 7, 2020 4:57 PM

I heard that Biden was allowing door-to-door canvassing but I'm not sure in which state? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 129October 7, 2020 4:57 PM

Yes they really need to do it in Florida, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 130October 7, 2020 4:59 PM
by Anonymousreply 131October 7, 2020 5:56 PM

These legal immigrants are in for a rude awakening when the Supreme Court strips their citizenship and rolls back their rights.

by Anonymousreply 132October 7, 2020 6:09 PM

In ALL states.

by Anonymousreply 133October 7, 2020 6:13 PM

The lying, shitstain OP with his antiquated poll can lie about the "superior Republican ground game game" in Florida all he wants to.

The truth is, the Florida Republican Party wins by extreme voter suppression tactics as ruthless as the days of Jim Crow.

Florida made it illegal for anyone with a former felony conviction to vote, disenfranchising 1.4 MILLION VOTERS who are largely minorities who vote for Democrats.

THAT IS HOW TRUMP NARROWLY WON IN 2016.

Horrified Floridians overturned the voter suppression by passing Amendment 4.

But then, crooked Republican elites in the state legislature and Governor DeSantis amended the amendment — to force felons to pay off all legal fines and complete the terms of their sentences before being allowed to vote. It's a poll tax.

This is not a "good ground game" apparatus. This is CHEATING. This is elite power-stealing and people-fucking and contempt for democracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 8, 2020 3:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 8, 2020 3:12 AM

lots of flies in florida

by Anonymousreply 136October 8, 2020 3:15 AM

The good news is that 280,000 new voters DID pay off their fines and are now eligible to vote. And Michael Bloomberg has raised $16 million to pay off even more felons' poll taxes before this year's election.

Donald Trump only won Florida by 112,911 votes in 2016. The Republicans no longer have this cheating advantage or some illusory "ground game" advantage.

Combine this with Trump's extreme corruption, pandemic neglect and Supreme Court power grabs infuriating voters, TRUMP AND THE REPUBLICANS ARE TOAST IN FLORIDA 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 8, 2020 3:19 AM

That's why pollsters like Quinnipiac, Ipsos, Saint Leo U., Cherry Communications, Global Strategy, Change Research, Siena College/NY Times and the U. of North Florida keep showing commanding leads for Biden in Florida in polls:

FLORIDA:

BIDEN: 51%

TRUMP: 40%

Oct. 1-5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 8, 2020 3:24 AM

This is why the polls are skewed.

11.7% of Republicans say they would not report their true opinions about their preferred presidential candidate on telephone polls.

In contrast, just 5.4% of Democrats say they’d be reluctant to share their true voting intentions — roughly half the number of Republicans reluctant to tell the truth on phone polls.

10.5% of Independents fell into the “shy voter” category, just a percentage point lower than how Republicans react to phone polls.

by Anonymousreply 139October 8, 2020 6:10 AM

R139, do you see the error in your logic? How was this poll conducted?

by Anonymousreply 140October 8, 2020 7:12 AM

Forget about Florida. There are more important states.

by Anonymousreply 141October 8, 2020 2:07 PM

Florida is the most important state. It's the biggest swing state and it has the power to kill Donald Trump's campaign unilaterally. Trump simply can't win without Florida.

Florida's also trending at higher margins for Biden than Ohio is.

Trump is FUCKED.

by Anonymousreply 142October 8, 2020 3:09 PM

Are you ready to place your $100 bet for who will win the Florida election, r139?

I am. We can put the money into an online escrow account / gambling vendor now.

by Anonymousreply 143October 8, 2020 3:10 PM

Florida is not the most important state and it's barely even a swing state anymore Dems don't need it to win and shouldn't waste time there.

by Anonymousreply 144October 8, 2020 3:28 PM

Democrats should go all in on winning Florida

by Anonymousreply 145October 8, 2020 5:08 PM

After the year 2000, everyone should know that Florida is the most important state, by numbers alone. It has by more electoral college votes than any other swing state in United States. You can call any presidential race once Florida's votes are in. The networks always wait to until after Florida's numbers are in, and then right after the winner is called.

by Anonymousreply 146October 8, 2020 5:09 PM

im cuban, this is what democrats should do to win cuban votes. it is easy, do what republicans do, but better. first, start talking about how they will destroy the communists in cuba by harshening the embargo, fully restrict the entrance of cubans to the country and deport them all back to cuba. remember that cubans are not very smart people, trust me they will be very happy.

by Anonymousreply 147October 8, 2020 6:02 PM

R147 "remember that cubans are not very smart people"

Your post has made that point abundantly clear.

by Anonymousreply 148October 8, 2020 6:19 PM

A lot of wishful thinking on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 149October 8, 2020 9:43 PM

Wishful thinking by naive, Republican trolls.

by Anonymousreply 150October 8, 2020 11:08 PM

Both

by Anonymousreply 151October 9, 2020 12:07 AM

Th PR endorsement isn't got to help.

by Anonymousreply 152October 13, 2020 4:29 AM

Imagine being Puerto Rican and voting for Trump after all he said about PR and his apathy for the people after the hurricane.

by Anonymousreply 153October 13, 2020 10:36 AM

You'd be surprised, R153.

by Anonymousreply 154October 13, 2020 12:42 PM

The Sanford, Florida rally was insane, thousands turned out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 13, 2020 1:25 PM

Wow, R155: cult members in a very red area turned out to see their god in person.

by Anonymousreply 156October 13, 2020 1:31 PM

Sadly, r155, Biden just keeps climbing higher above the margins of error in Florida. This is the state that will kill Donald Trump's delusions on Election Night and those of all of his Deplorable suckers. Biden's growth trend here is simply amazing:

FLORIDA:

BIDEN: 51%

TRUMP: 46%

Oct. 2-11 Morning Consult

THANK YOU, FLORIDA, FOR SAVING AMERICA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 13, 2020 8:54 PM

Why is that "sad", R157?

by Anonymousreply 158October 14, 2020 2:35 PM

Not feeling super great about the weighted average of +4.5. I get that FL is always close, and this is huge compared to the normal split, but the media are putting forth the narrative about Latinos, and basically nudging Latinos to vote for Trump. They're making Latinos for Trump "a thing". Venezuelans, Cubans, etc.

by Anonymousreply 159October 14, 2020 2:39 PM

Ah some good news, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 14, 2020 2:40 PM

Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 161October 14, 2020 6:12 PM

Democrats are kicking Republican ass in early voting in Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 15, 2020 6:05 AM

R162

This is why Hillary will win in a LANDSLIDE!

by Anonymousreply 163October 15, 2020 6:33 AM

Thank you, Tyler Perry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 15, 2020 3:21 PM

Sorry. - Tyler P. story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 15, 2020 3:22 PM

There are too many shenanigans going on by both Trump and individual state election secretaries . I won't believe Democrats will win in typically red leaning states until the election results are officially in.

by Anonymousreply 166October 15, 2020 3:40 PM

WTF is R164's story?!

by Anonymousreply 167October 15, 2020 10:20 PM

No need now.

by Anonymousreply 168October 16, 2020 4:55 PM

INDOOR Trump seniors' rally right now. They're--no joke--dancing to YMCA waiting for the Cheeto in Chief.

Total DL catnip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 16, 2020 5:38 PM

Trump live on CNN now at FL seniors' rally, lying through his teeth.

His face is weirdly sunken.

by Anonymousreply 170October 16, 2020 6:06 PM

Correction: CNN cut away from live coverage after 5 minutes because there were too many lies to fact check.

by Anonymousreply 171October 16, 2020 6:08 PM

The puffiness in his face is gettin' real weird lately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 16, 2020 6:09 PM

That was hilarious, R169.

by Anonymousreply 173October 16, 2020 10:33 PM

R1699 Ironic how only the Village People are the only music act that is allowing Trump to use their songs at his rallies. Also ironic that Trump's homophobic anti-gay marriage supporters are dancing along to a song about gay men hooking up at the local athletic club.

by Anonymousreply 174October 17, 2020 5:22 PM

Florida Latinos are prime targets for receiving disinformation from bots on social media apps

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 17, 2020 10:40 PM

Those bots are laughable.

by Anonymousreply 176October 19, 2020 1:05 PM

Wake up Democrats!

Florida EV as of 10:30 AM

Dem 34,825 Rep 28,888

Total 75,680

48/67 counties reporting

by Anonymousreply 177October 19, 2020 2:47 PM

[quote] Democrats are kicking Republican ass in early voting in Florida.

Today on Politico:

There is uncertainty, especially, about younger voters, who are returning ballots at a slower rate than older ones. That is typical, wrote Michael McDonald, who directs the Elections Project, in an analysis of the early vote last week.

Still, he said, “I predict in the coming weeks the Democratic narrative will change from euphoria over the apparent large leads in early voting to concern that a disproportionately large number of younger voters have yet to return their mail ballots.”

In any other year, Democrats would have a time-tested, if imperfect way to address their turnout concerns — thousands of volunteers and organizers knocking on doors to register voters and prod them to return their ballots. But Biden abandoned a door-knocking campaign due to concerns about the coronavirus until the final month of the election, ceding traditional field operations to Trump.

The effect that decision will have on the outcome will be impossible to fully quantify until the election is over. But it is one likely reason that Republicans have been able to make registration gains in several states, including Florida, where the GOP has significantly narrowed the party’s voter registration gap with Democrats.

“One big known unknown right now is how many Democrats return their ballots,” said Nick Trainer, the Trump campaign's director of battleground strategy. “In ‘16, you would have had a Democrat volunteer or operative knocking on a voter’s door in Orlando reminding them to return the ballot on their kitchen table or go to the polls. That’s not happening today.”

Yet many Democrats continue to suspect so-called quiet or shy Trump voters still exist — those who refuse to tell pollsters they support a deeply polarizing president. Many Republican Party leaders, especially at the local level, are convinced of it.

In addition, while Trump is behind in critical states, he is close to or within the margin of error in many of them. And that’s “after a f---ing historically awful year,” said Jeff Roe, the Republican strategist who steered Ted Cruz’s 2016 presidential campaign.

For Trump, he said, “The path ain’t closed.”

by Anonymousreply 178October 19, 2020 4:12 PM

There are a couple of reasons you see a large Republicunt presence in the Cuban community. For a start they fled a socialist country and they worry that the Dems will lean too far in that direction and it likely makes them nervous. Another reason is many of them are Catholic and have conservative religious beliefs and think abortion is wrong. That’s just what I figure their reasoning might be.

by Anonymousreply 179October 19, 2020 4:17 PM

This is how you win Florida

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 20, 2020 12:37 AM

Final Florida EV Update:

Rep 134,349 (+2,937) Dem 131,412 NPA/Others 48,169

Total 313,930

Miami-Dade/Sarasota voted today but their returns will be available at 8am tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 181October 20, 2020 1:33 AM

#BREAKING @NBC6 Over 40,000 votes were cast in Miami Dade County on the first day of #EarlyVoting surpassing 2016 numbers. The final numbers will post online after all sites close.

by Anonymousreply 182October 20, 2020 1:35 AM

Florida Vote-by-Mail (VBM) Requests at 5,768,904 (45-31 DEM) with D advantage of 801,504

VBM Return Rate at 45% statewide

by Anonymousreply 183October 20, 2020 1:36 AM

Florida: In-Person Early: 313,930 (Rep +3k)

Vote-By-Mail: 2,631,580 (Dem +476k)

Statewide turnout is at 20%

by Anonymousreply 184October 20, 2020 1:37 AM

Early returns in Florida show the pre-Election Day electorate is currently trending younger than four years ago.

Florida voters under 65 years old accounted for about half the ballots cast, marking a 12-point uptick compared to this time in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 20, 2020 1:43 AM

Duval County Early Voting Day 1:

In-person: Democrats: 15,866 GOP: 9,512 NPA: 2,837

VBM: Democrats: 42,014 GOP: 23,761 NPA: 11,969

Total: Democrats: 57,883 GOP: 33,289 NPA: 14,810

by Anonymousreply 186October 20, 2020 1:47 AM

You girls just "leaning" left, might wanna take a hint from those cubans in Florida. Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 187October 20, 2020 1:49 AM

What's NPA?

by Anonymousreply 188October 20, 2020 2:07 AM

I wouldn't blindly assume early-voting registered Republicans are Trump voters. Party membership in Florida is a public record, and there are a lot of Floridian Republicans who are closet Democrats because they'd otherwise take HELL from their families if they officially switched.

On the other hand, I'd say Florida's INDEPENDENT voters are a major wildcard. A lot of true-believer Trumpets without family pressures quietly switched to 'independent' a year or two ago to avoid scorn from coworkers & customers, but have houses whose front yards are shrines to Donald Trump.

That said, I think it's safe to say that 99.997% of ballots cast by Florida's registered Democrats will be votes for Biden.

IMHO, 5-10% of registered Republicans in Florida will be voting for Biden. There are a lot of "never-Trump" Republicans in Miami, Orlando, and Tampa... and probably twice as many "never-AGAIN Trump" Republicans in the same cities.

Southwest & Northeast Florida are the hardest of hard-core Trump coastal strongholds. In my parents' city, a Biden bumper sticker would probably get your car keyed in a parking lot. But... that same pressure to not publicly dare to show support is quietly turning into angry grim determination to secretly vote for Biden, if only for the sheer joy of watching their neighbors cry when Trump loses.

It's also noteworthy that Trump's message of, "vote for me, or angry black people will riot in your town" elicits chuckles in Naples. Even my pro-Trump dad cracked a joke about how if Biden wins, MAYBE a black kid from Port Royal will get in his dad's Bentley & drive around Pelican Bay (blowing the horn) for an hour or two. Black protest, Naples-style. :-D

by Anonymousreply 189October 20, 2020 4:19 AM

[quote] I wouldn't blindly assume early-voting registered Republicans are Trump voters.

True. It's counterpart to places like Penn (with registered Dems).

by Anonymousreply 190October 20, 2020 12:53 PM

NC still has a lot of registered Democrats who vote Republican

by Anonymousreply 191October 20, 2020 1:10 PM

This election is going to be so tight and they rethugs have all kinds of stunts at the ready.

But the main play in the last 7 days will come out of nowhere. They will change the topic entirely.

This week, they are focused on picking off the the black vote and depressing turnout.

But there will be a new script

by Anonymousreply 192October 20, 2020 3:07 PM

They probably will drop their October Surprise Wednesday or Thursday so that it will be the big debate topic. They also could be waiting to drop it Friday or Saturday just in case Trump has a catastrophic performance and to make it the big Sunday show topic. They likely don’t want to wait until after Sunday to drop it because many millions more will have voted by then.

by Anonymousreply 193October 20, 2020 3:13 PM

[quote] But the main play in the last 7 days will come out of nowhere.

This.

by Anonymousreply 194October 20, 2020 4:00 PM

[quote] they rethugs have all kinds of stunts at the ready.

Yeah r192, The Republicans hahahahahahahaha. Com' on!!

by Anonymousreply 195October 20, 2020 9:20 PM

Too close to call.

by Anonymousreply 196October 20, 2020 9:22 PM

This year, at least 75,000 Venezuelans are eligible to vote in Florida. One study found that 66% of Venezuelan voters in the state intend to vote for Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 21, 2020 12:43 AM

Bloomberg’s Spending In Florida Reverberates

October 20, 2020 at 8:17 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard 91 Comments

“Michael Bloomberg’s $100 million investment in Florida to defeat Donald Trump is recasting the presidential contest in the president’s must-win state, forcing his campaign to spend big to shore up his position and freeing up Democratic cash to expand the electoral map elsewhere,” Politico reports.

“Bloomberg’s massive advertising and ground-game spending, which began roughly a month ago, has thrown Trump into a defensive crouch across the arc of Sunbelt states. As a result, the president‘s campaign has scaled back its TV ad buys in crucial Northern swing states like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan — a vacuum being filled by a constellation of outside political groups backing Joe Biden.”

by Anonymousreply 198October 21, 2020 12:48 AM

So Bloomberg is actually fulfilling his promise?

by Anonymousreply 199October 21, 2020 12:52 AM

Yep. But who is helping in Pennsylvania!?

by Anonymousreply 200October 21, 2020 1:44 AM

Biden raked in a lot of money last month and is still bringing in big bucks. He has money to spend. He’s running ads here in DC, which is completely unnecessary, because he will absolutely get most of the votes from DC, Northern Virginia, and the Maryland suburbs. So, I can’t believe that Biden’s campaign is hurting.

by Anonymousreply 201October 21, 2020 1:54 AM

R68 I used to think the same thing. I live in broward and have found that in past elections the wealthy neighborhoods just to the east of me had a republican candidate sign in every yard. Now I am seeing huge trump signs and huge flags in my neighborhood. The usual trump no more bull*hit flags. It’s horrifying. I would have never guessed that most of these people leant that way. Quite frankly I think that they hang those flags cause they don’t dare hang a confederate flag over their homes

by Anonymousreply 202October 21, 2020 1:58 AM

I forgot to add, the Trump yard signs with wire posts are really good for sounding down my piss slit.

But who can do that all the time? I need the wooden stakes attached to my imaginary Trump signs stacked together, 4 stakes or more, in order to stretch out my rectum, hit my prostate and cum.

Those are more expensive, so they're harder for me to find ‚— even in the never-ending ocean of Trump signs that is Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 21, 2020 2:10 AM

Child pron on the laptop won’t hurt his chances...

by Anonymousreply 204October 21, 2020 2:12 AM

Ouch

by Anonymousreply 205October 21, 2020 3:21 AM

Floridians care about child rape, especially because Epstein committed so many of his crimes in Florida right next door to Trump, while Trump was partying with Epstein.

Now that we know Trump tried to rape 13-year-old Katie Johnson at one of Epstein's parties, Trump won't be able to overcome Biden's lead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 21, 2020 3:36 AM

The lies flow freely through the liberal tears. I'll put money up that Trump will win. Its mind boggling people actually think Biden has a chance. There's going to be a lot of upset on here come election day.

by Anonymousreply 207October 21, 2020 3:47 AM

Where will you put up money, r207?

Are you ready to put up $100 now that Trump will win this election on BuddyBet?

by Anonymousreply 208October 21, 2020 7:16 AM

r114 ignores this at his own peril:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 21, 2020 7:20 AM

Democrats being nearly matched by GOP in Dade County is bad sign

MIAMI-DADE Day 2 Early Vote: Rep 16,521 Dem 16,146 NPA/Other 9,263 Total 41,930 MIAMI-DADE Day 2 VBM: Dem 19,425 Rep 9,010 NPA/Other 8,779 Total 37,214

by Anonymousreply 210October 21, 2020 12:57 PM

President (Florida) Biden (D) 51% Trump (R) 47% 10/17-10/20 by Civiqs (B/C) 863 LV

by Anonymousreply 211October 21, 2020 12:58 PM

Biden's pulling ahead BIG in Florida!

Back to a 5-point lead in multiple polls:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212October 21, 2020 2:32 PM

If Trump loses Florida his odds of winning reelection diminish considerably.

by Anonymousreply 213October 21, 2020 3:24 PM

R213, 99% of those following the election here already know that.

by Anonymousreply 214October 21, 2020 3:26 PM

Pundits on CNN discuss his other electoral college options with Ohio and Pennsylvania and Wisconsin being a likely path.

by Anonymousreply 215October 21, 2020 3:28 PM

cubans have an anti democrat propaganda youtube chanel made alex otaola. he tried to make it seem like blm are marxist that want to destroy our cities. now, they are linking blm with some far left riots in chile to prove that the democrats wants to bring these kinds of riots to the united states and start burning churches etc like communists are doing in chile.

by Anonymousreply 216October 21, 2020 4:47 PM

R210, do those numbers include both in-person voting and voting by mail?

by Anonymousreply 217October 21, 2020 4:52 PM

California tech millionaires/billionaires have been donating to a Democratic PAC. I read about this yesterday, but cannot find the article now. One of the guys was Moskowitz from Google. And they're supporting Hegar for Senate in Texas against Cornyn.

by Anonymousreply 218October 21, 2020 5:06 PM

biden has to clearly debunk the republican strategies toward venezuela and cuba. the democratic party must explain the readon why santions do not work to bring down those regimes. most venezuelan and cubans still believe the republican' promise that their sanctions will destroy those regimes. biden has to clearly say that all the united states can do, since it wont go to war with any of these two countries, is to sanction those countries and that these measures just wont work at all.

democrats will have a better chance of succeess with the cubans. as many cubans are already seeing that after more than 60 years those republicans economic sanctions for cuba are simply a failure. democrats can say that since the population of cuba is only 11 millions that it is extremely easy for the goverment to make that amount on a yearly basis and that the governement doesnt even spend 5000 dollar per capita. we dont have democrat politicians in miami who can truly explain this to cubans and break obce and for all their expectations on republican sanctions, which they use to gain votes.

by Anonymousreply 219October 21, 2020 5:10 PM

Latest from Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 21, 2020 6:49 PM

It fukin changes every day.

by Anonymousreply 221October 22, 2020 1:56 AM

Now tie.

by Anonymousreply 222October 22, 2020 1:27 PM

@umichvoter99 BTW there are 628,412 registered Democrats in Miami-Dade county. Which means there are 408,076 raw Democratic votes still sitting out there. If you know anyone who knows anyone, please work on making sure they vote. That's the entire focus.

by Anonymousreply 223October 23, 2020 12:50 PM

We need emergency intervention in Florida. Get these Democrats to the polls!!! Now!!!

by Anonymousreply 224October 23, 2020 12:50 PM

I agree

by Anonymousreply 225October 23, 2020 1:01 PM

FLORIDA Biden 49% (+2) Trump 47%

@StPetePolls/@Fla_Pol, LV, 10/21-22

by Anonymousreply 226October 23, 2020 1:16 PM

Any post debate polls?

by Anonymousreply 227October 23, 2020 1:26 PM

Florida Presidential Polling:

Trump (R): 50% Biden (D): 46%

Rasmussen / October 21, 2020 / n=800 / Online

by Anonymousreply 228October 23, 2020 3:28 PM

R228, that would translate into 2-4 point lead for Biden in all other polls, which is consistently stable for the past months.

by Anonymousreply 229October 23, 2020 3:31 PM

Florida

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 23, 2020 3:33 PM

Florida correct link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 23, 2020 3:34 PM

Biden, Harris, Obamas should camp out in Miami/Orlando, Philly/Pittsburgh, Dallas/Houston, ATL, Detroit, Cleveland/Columbus, Milwaukee, and RDU/Charlotte/Winston-Salem.

by Anonymousreply 232October 23, 2020 3:35 PM

Florida: Turnout by party (as of last night - obviously has grown since then):

Dem: 39.8% GOP: 32.5% NPA: 24.7%

by Anonymousreply 233October 23, 2020 3:43 PM

From Meredith College:

NORTH CAROLINA: Biden 48%, Trump 46% From Susquehanna Polling & Research:

FLORIDA: Biden 46%, Trump 46%

by Anonymousreply 234October 23, 2020 7:14 PM

Projected shifts in Florida electorate Since Trump won by 1.2 points in 2016: ...Whites with no degree: -2.1% ...Whites with a degree: +0.1% ...Blacks: +0.6% ...Hispanics: +0.9% none of these shifts are favorable to the president

by Anonymousreply 235October 23, 2020 9:23 PM

Dave Wasserman: Dems are deluding themselves if they think rural white voters aren’t going to turn out. It’ll be through the roof.

To me, the biggest remaining question mark is rural *nonwhite* turnout - esp. in FL/GA/NC/TX.

by Anonymousreply 236October 23, 2020 9:32 PM

Both sides are depending on turnout at this point.

by Anonymousreply 237October 24, 2020 12:15 AM

Although 85-90% of republicans are voting for Trump, the percentage of Republicans not supporting him is twice the percentage of Democrats not voting for Biden. Thus, it’s not entirely accurate to assume party registration equals a vote for the corresponding candidate.

by Anonymousreply 238October 24, 2020 12:22 AM

Here's the summary from a Times article:

"Among Latina women, Biden leads Trump by a whopping 34 percentage points (59 percent to 25 percent). Among Latino men, Biden’s lead is only eight points (47 percent to 39 percent). These patterns are similar across both Latino college graduates and those without a degree.

"Stephanie Valencia, the president of Equis Research, which focuses on Latino voters, told us that its polls suggest that Latino men may have even moved slightly toward Trump this year. If so, they are the only large demographic group to do so."

"… what has alienated so many older, female and suburban voters is a key part of Mr. Trump’s appeal to these men, interviews with dozens of Mexican-American men supporting Mr. Trump shows: To them, the macho allure of Mr. Trump is undeniable. He is forceful, wealthy and, most important, unapologetic. In a world where at any moment someone might be attacked for saying the wrong thing, he says the wrong thing all the time and does not bother with self-flagellation."

If those numbers hold up, and the undecideds split, then Biden would win the Hispanic vote nationally by something like 22 points, roughly 60-38, given a couple of points to third party. Hillary won Hispanics by 38 points, 66-28. That's the reason a state like Florida is tighter than it otherwise should be, given so many areas that have shifted toward Biden.

This survey is interesting because Hispanics always tilt unusually toward a presidential incumbent, but I had never seen it broken down by gender. Maybe it has always been the males who are accounting for the bulk of that change.

by Anonymousreply 239October 24, 2020 1:02 AM

The media are making Biden’s innocuous comment re phasing out oil eventually the top story. Not all of Trump’s crimes and lies. Jesus. They found their angle to bring it to the wire.

by Anonymousreply 240October 24, 2020 1:07 AM

Sorry, guys, better start planning for 2024, it ain't happening this year. All the cool candidates from across the board and Biden is whom you came up with?

Go find your next charismatic Bill Clinton and start now. Four more years and the country will be ready to swing back to something new as usual.

by Anonymousreply 241October 24, 2020 1:13 AM

[quote] "In a world where at any moment someone might be attacked for saying the wrong thing, he says the wrong thing all the time and does not bother with self-flagellation."

This summed it up.

by Anonymousreply 242October 24, 2020 1:16 AM

Today's turnout numbers in #Florida (w/o Miami-Dade):

Dems: 156,902 (34.53%) Reps: 199,216 (43.84%) NPA/O: 98,310 (21.63%) Total votes: 454,428

#flapol #sayfie #election2020

by Anonymousreply 243October 24, 2020 1:34 AM

Once Florida breaks off and sinks, we, as a nation, can rejoice.

by Anonymousreply 244October 24, 2020 1:37 AM

Of course not.

Why would Boris want to include Florida's most populous county in his turnout numbers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245October 24, 2020 3:06 AM

Sorry, psycho @ r241, the Turd Reich ain't happening this year. All the cool candidates from across the board and a batshit, failed casino owner agent of the Russian mafia who shits his pants before his dictator role models is whom you came up with?

Sorry, Boris, better start planning for 2024. I hear Godzilla and Voldemort are available. Go find your next charismatic psychopath and start now. Four more years and the country will be ready to swing back to the Bronze Age in your mind again. But you won't win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 24, 2020 3:16 AM

Oh, look, St. Pete polls just put Biden ahead of Trump today, just like Survey Monkey.

Just like most of the other pollsters before Rasmussen rigged their results as usual to favor the Republican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247October 24, 2020 3:18 AM

Uh-oh, looks like Florida added 1.1 million young voters between ages 18 and 34 since 2016 and 65% of them are voting for Biden!

What's going to happen when those 1.1 million liberal voters are added to the 1.4 million liberal voters freed after Florida repealed the voter suppression with Amendment 4 in 2018 and those are added to the millions of Florida seniors who don't want to die early, Boris?

OOPS, BITCH, YOU LOSE!

Toodle-loo, Turd Reich!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 24, 2020 4:00 AM

Look what happens to the early voter turnout in Florida when you DO include Miami-Dade County and all ballots cast so far:

FLORIDA 2020 GENERAL ELECTION EARLY VOTER TURNOUT AS OF 10/23/20:

DEMOCRAT: 2,110,366

REPUBLICAN: 1,682,849

Nice try, Boris! It's too bad Republicans can only run on lies anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249October 24, 2020 4:10 AM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 250October 24, 2020 4:15 AM

Miami-Dade's yesterday numbers:

Vote-By-Mail (21,966) Dem: 9,324 NPA/Other: 6,480 Rep: 6,162

In-person Early (42,929) Rep: 16,402 Dem: 14,989 NPA/Other: 11,538

CUMULATIVE MIAMI-DADE Dem: 244,649 Rep: 167,442 NPA/Other: 140,954

Total: 553,045

by Anonymousreply 251October 24, 2020 1:17 PM

@umichvoter99 Democrats only netted 1431 ballots yesterday in Miami-Dade. Republicans have not only made strong inroads in the early in person voting. They are now getting a decent portion of VBM.

by Anonymousreply 252October 24, 2020 1:18 PM

Florida‼️- 5.2 million Floridians have voted, 55% of all who voted in 2016.

By party affiliation: Democrats - 2,289,645 Republicans - 1,899,530 No Party - 1,029,570

Usually the GOP outvotes us early, but this is a close race. We need to work to get out the vote in FL!

by Anonymousreply 253October 24, 2020 2:16 PM

🚨TODAY is the last day to request a mail-in ballot if you live in Florida. Democrats lead over Republicans of already cast votes is shrinking by the day. Make your voice heard. #VoteBlueToSaveAmerica

Democrat > GOP lead margin:

10/22- 462,774 10/23- 427,517 10/24- 390,115

by Anonymousreply 254October 24, 2020 4:06 PM

"Toodle-loo, Turd Reich!"

One of our more "special" posters. Try to imagine what he/she looks like.

by Anonymousreply 255October 24, 2020 6:11 PM

Florida news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 24, 2020 9:48 PM

Yep, Repubs crashed NC’s early vote too

by Anonymousreply 257October 24, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote] By party affiliation: Democrats - 2,289,645 Republicans - 1,899,530 No Party - 1,029,570

"No Party" usually means Repub (or Bernie supporters).

by Anonymousreply 258October 24, 2020 10:02 PM

I’m getting worried about reports of massive turnout of Trump goons intimidating voters with raucous noise and in your face antics at polling places, especially in Pennsylvania

by Anonymousreply 259October 24, 2020 10:24 PM

The Florida Democratic Party is a disaster. They don't reach out for voter registration or turnout.

I wish Democrats would realize that and replace their leadership.

by Anonymousreply 260October 24, 2020 10:27 PM

WRONG

Independents and "No Parties" are breaking for Biden this year: 46% versus Trump's 44%.

Not enough to win, President Cuck á l'Orange!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261October 24, 2020 10:27 PM

r256 owned himself with:

[quote]The Democratic advantage was still huge as of Saturday morning: 387,000 ballots.

WOMP, WOMP, Boris!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 24, 2020 10:31 PM

‘Florida Man Wouldn’t Even Do This Stuff’

- Barack Obama on Trump at rally

by Anonymousreply 263October 24, 2020 10:34 PM

Back of the envelop math for Florida. Dems lead ballots cast. By raw vote the lead is 364,162. By percent, it is 42.89% Dem, 36.43% GOP, 20.67% others.

GOP has more remaining registered voters who have not vote yet. The margin there is 234,158. (1/2)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 24, 2020 11:09 PM
by Anonymousreply 265October 25, 2020 1:17 AM

Gillum was far too liberal for Florida. Socialism fear exploded. The Miami Herald and other Florida media reported on that immediately. Nominating Gillum was like nominating Sanders. Nominating Gwen Graham would have been like nominating Biden. All the difference in the world in terms of teflon, calm, and margin for error. Socialism would not have stuck. Florida Cubans are more right wing right now due to that idiotic nomination and the theme it enabled, of all Democrats as radical socialists. Graham led every pre-primary poll against DeSantis. Gillum trailed those polls. He got a bump of euphoria after the primary and everyone tried to pretend the ideology didn't matter. Then an astounding 46% of Floridians said Gillum was too liberal for the state.

That is a world record number. It should not be possible. It should not be possible even if Gillum's campaign theme was, "I am too liberal for this state."

Florida midterms are always much older, much whiter, and much more conservative than presidential years. The conservative liberal relationship shifted wildly from 36-25 in 2016 to 39-22 in 2018. That is all the difference between a swing state and a conservative state. But since our primary voters were totally clueless toward that type of shift in a Florida midterm, they brainstormed to nominate Andrew Gillum in a conservative landscape.

It doesn't matter if Gillum gave good speeches and was passionate. He was a poor ideological fit. For example, that 39-22 is almost exactly like an Ohio or Iowa ideological breakdown in a presidential year. Ohio 2016 was 39-20. Iowa 2016 was 40-23. Does anyone honestly believe we could get away with nominating Andrew Gillum in Ohio or Iowa? It was only the ineptitude of Ron DeSantis and the national slant of 2018 that made the race as close as it was. But now we're stuck with DeSantis and all these deaths and disaster due to bypassing Gwen Graham for an Andrew Gillum who obviously hadn't even been competently vetted within our own party.

I will never get over it. Obviously not as devastating as Hillary but I think about it every day.

by Anonymousreply 266October 25, 2020 1:42 PM

FL counties w/ highest turnout of registered voters so far:

1. SUMTER: 58% 2. Collier: 55% 3. Martin: 50% 4. Lee: 47% 5. St. Johns: 46% 6. Nassau: 46% 7. Indian River: 46% 8. Monroe: 45% 9. Charlotte: 45% 10. Sarasota: 45%

by Anonymousreply 267October 25, 2020 5:02 PM

So what’s the path if Biden loses Florida, North Carolina, Texas and Arizona? What if he loses Pennsylvania, is that it?

We need to get rid of the electoral college if he wins. This wouldn’t be a nail biter at all if there was no electoral college.

by Anonymousreply 268October 25, 2020 5:06 PM

Other than high turnout, what are the party splits in Sumter? Seems to be bellwether of whether 45 can win FL

by Anonymousreply 269October 25, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote] So what’s the path if Biden loses Florida, North Carolina, Texas and Arizona?

Those are all traditionally red states, R268. Biden doesn't need to win them and isn't expected to. If he does, then it's a landslide. The focus is on Mich, Pa, Wis - the swing states, where he seems to be leading.

by Anonymousreply 270October 25, 2020 5:20 PM

2016: Sumter, 69% for Trump, 39% Clinton

by Anonymousreply 271October 25, 2020 6:16 PM

Collier was 62% Trump

by Anonymousreply 272October 25, 2020 6:16 PM

Lee was 59% Trump

by Anonymousreply 273October 25, 2020 6:17 PM

St Johns was 65% Trump

by Anonymousreply 274October 25, 2020 6:18 PM

Nassau was 74% Trump

by Anonymousreply 275October 25, 2020 6:18 PM

Sarasota was 54% Trump

by Anonymousreply 276October 25, 2020 6:19 PM

Monroe was 52% Trump

by Anonymousreply 277October 25, 2020 6:19 PM

Charlotte County was 62% Trump

by Anonymousreply 278October 25, 2020 6:20 PM

Only nine of Florida’s 67 counties voted for Hillary

by Anonymousreply 279October 25, 2020 6:21 PM

R268, I would think if Biden doesn't win PA and Florida he would be in some trouble.

And it would make a Trump victory more likely.

by Anonymousreply 280October 25, 2020 6:24 PM

Winning Florida is super difficult. Biden is more likely to win Arizona, Maybe even NC

by Anonymousreply 281October 25, 2020 6:26 PM

We used to hope for huge Democratic votes in Miami-Dade to offset Republican totals elsewhere, but this year Republicans are running unusually strong in early voting in M-D.

by Anonymousreply 282October 25, 2020 6:27 PM

Miami Dade : 608K Votes 40% of total reg Broward : 509K votes 41.2% of total reg Palm Beach 393K Votes 39.4% of total reg

Florida Total 5.7M Votes

by Anonymousreply 283October 25, 2020 6:31 PM

Did anybody read that dense, right-wing Fake News feed @ r266? What's the Cliff's Notes version?

by Anonymousreply 284October 25, 2020 9:47 PM

Politico calls Florida for Biden.

POOR BORIS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285October 25, 2020 10:02 PM

Fuck party registration.

Exit polls of ACTUAL EARLY VOTERS show 58% HAVE VOTED FOR BIDEN.

TRUMP ONLY HAS 39% OF THE VOTE SO FAR.

Poor Boris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286October 25, 2020 10:06 PM

R285, not really. He’s ahead right now, but Trump will get the majority of his votes on Election Day. Biden needs to run up his firewall as high as he can get it. It all depends on turnout.

by Anonymousreply 287October 25, 2020 10:07 PM

Another problem for Boris and Il Douche is that 68% of Floridians voted before Election Day in 2016 and Florida announces its vote tallies daily.

We know that Biden is going to win the early vote and we'll see the supermajority on Monday, Nov. 2 in Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288October 25, 2020 10:25 PM

Oh but let’s keep letting Cubans into the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289October 25, 2020 11:41 PM

SW Florida is *so* hardcore-Trump, there was literally not a single Republican for ANY office in the primary back in August who even dared to damn Trump with faint praise. Had the primary been porn, every candidate would have been shoving each other aside to eagerly service him and take his load on their face & in every hole possible.

We're talking about an area that's had shouting matches at county commission meetings between old people terrified of dying from c19 and libertarian nutjobs trying to make it a criminal act for businesses to refuse entry or service to the non-masked. One guy was literally foaming at the mouth when a commissioner asked him how he reconciled his anti-government-interference-with-private-businesses ideology with demands for the government to force businesses to accommodate their demands. I wish someone had gotten the guy's reaction on video as the other commissioners chuckled. It was truly Youtube/TikTok-worthy. I swear people like him have literally no self-aware sense of irony or hypocrisy. Gub'mint bad, bad, evil... until Home Depot & McDonalds corporate offices decree nobody can enter without a mask... then, the gub'mint needs to ban masks.

by Anonymousreply 290October 26, 2020 6:29 AM

R282 Cubans!! That’s a big reason why.

by Anonymousreply 291October 26, 2020 9:54 AM

48% of democrats and 43% of republicans have voted in Florida

74/81 breakdown in 2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292October 26, 2020 1:41 PM

🌴🏖️ FLORIDA 🏖️🌴

5,960,798 votes cast (mail + in-person EV)

Democratic: 2,534,813 (42.5%) Republican: 2,179,256 (36.6%) NPA/Other: 1,246,729 (20.9%)

Dem lead decreases to 355,557

~314,141 ballots were processed today

by Anonymousreply 293October 26, 2020 1:45 PM

Cuba - 85

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294October 26, 2020 2:02 PM

Man accused of stealing bulldozer to destroy Biden signs in Florida

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 26, 2020 4:12 PM

Democrats are playing in a battleground map of 17 states—when all they needs to do is flip the right three.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 26, 2020 4:12 PM

BREAKING: Trump Pulls Florida Ads as Cash-Poor Campaign Enters Final Week @MarioDParker via @bpolitics

by Anonymousreply 297October 27, 2020 7:07 PM

WOMP WOMP, Brokeahontas!

by Anonymousreply 298October 27, 2020 7:46 PM

RCP moved FL in Trump's column

by Anonymousreply 299October 27, 2020 9:04 PM

The guy in that photo is NOT a younger Cuban.

At my polling place in Broward, there were about 50 cars parked in the lot. Two had enormous Trump flags mounted on the pick-up park.

They have to add the fanfare, or everyone would realize it's literally just two guys.

by Anonymousreply 300October 27, 2020 9:23 PM

Deplorables, that’s why.

by Anonymousreply 301October 27, 2020 9:57 PM

[quote] RCP moved FL in Trump's column

I saw that as well. He's pulled into lead, but barely.

by Anonymousreply 302October 27, 2020 10:24 PM

R299, stop fucking lying. It keeps moving back and forth and it was always a toss up state in RCP. Not that I care much about RCP.

by Anonymousreply 303October 27, 2020 10:42 PM

Florida VOTE-BY-MAIL (9:15 PM UPDATE)

Democratic: 1,939,852 (+628,557) Republican: 1,311,295 NPA/Other: 948,456 Total 4,199,603

UNRETURNED BALLOTS: Democratic: 741,195 (+182,613) Republican: 558,582 NPA/Other: 496,168 Total: 1,795,945

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304October 29, 2020 1:28 AM

@KevinCate

·

18h

GOP turnout advantage in Miami-Dade is still increasing. 55% of MD GOPs have voted vs. 49% of

@FlaDems

. That's compared to 48% GOP turnout statewide and 51% Dem turnout. That's 39k extra votes Dems would have right now if we were just matching GOP turnout there.

by Anonymousreply 305October 29, 2020 12:36 PM

NBC/Marist poll of Florida Biden 51% (+3 from Sept) Trump 47% (-1) Oct 25-27, +/- 4.4%

by Anonymousreply 306October 29, 2020 12:37 PM

Nail biter.

by Anonymousreply 307October 29, 2020 1:26 PM

How many times do we have to talk about the damn Cubans as if it's new? They've always leaned Republican.

by Anonymousreply 308October 29, 2020 1:29 PM

Because we're looking for generational change, r308. I belonged to a group that outsiders expect to be conservative/ Republican. It was more Democratic (including me) than most would guess. So, while I realize stereotypes may have a grain of truth, they're not always right.

by Anonymousreply 309October 29, 2020 3:14 PM

People forget that radical or significant generational change is the exception not the rule. Most young generations end up adopting the beliefs and views of their ancestors. They grow up in our in and absorb the values of their parents and grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 310October 29, 2020 4:02 PM

Well, Democrats still have more registered voters in Florida overall, more early votes in and Biden is winning all the latest polls.

by Anonymousreply 311October 29, 2020 4:20 PM

But Democrats need to turn out more voters in pivotal Miami-Dade

by Anonymousreply 312October 29, 2020 4:22 PM

Florida demo is shifting, look where Biden campaign makes stops in the final days. It's not Miami or Broward. We get too obsessed over every little detail. Like Cubans and trying to convince every lazy Dem voter to vote. While Dem turnout is important, in swing states like FL, it's not them who deliver the win. Biden's strategy has been to target white voters who voted Trump or didnt vote last time. Based on all data its working.

by Anonymousreply 313October 29, 2020 4:26 PM

How is Orange County doing)

by Anonymousreply 314October 29, 2020 4:28 PM

In the Monmouth Florida poll, 58 percent of voters have already voted.

Among those who already voted, Biden leads by 20 points, 59% to 39%.

Among those who have yet to vote, Trump leads by 15 points, 53% to 38%.

by Anonymousreply 315October 29, 2020 5:32 PM

[quote] Based on all data its working.

Link?

by Anonymousreply 316October 29, 2020 6:23 PM

r315 So based on these #'s, assuming 100% turnout for those who have yet to vote and 0% rejected of those who voted, 50% for Biden, 45% for Trump and 5% for neither. It is indeed close but 5% seems high for the rest

by Anonymousreply 317October 29, 2020 6:39 PM

TOTAL REGISTERED DEMOCRATS IN FLORIDA: 5,203,795

TOTAL REGISTERED REPUBLICANS IN FLORIDA: 5,020,199

TOTAL REGISTERED UNAFFILIATED: 14,065,627

Boris's beloved "ground game" in Florida couldn't register more voters than the Democrats have, especially with all the new and independent voters the primary brought in.

Why didn't the Florida GOP attract more registered voters if they "knocked on a million knobs per day?" There might be a chance that a Republican lied.

And those 14 million Unaffiliated voters are skewing BIDEN nowadays. What's a Boris to do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318October 29, 2020 6:42 PM

In-person voting doesn't matter if the Democrats' voters still outnumber Republican votes. As of today:

Florida Democrats with a 206K vote lead over Republicans (2.99M vs 2.78M). 1.77M mailed ballots to be counted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319October 29, 2020 6:51 PM

Unsurprisingly, this reflects how the surveys say everyone is going to vote:

FLORIDA:

BIDEN: 50% TRUMP: 48%

Oct. 24-28 Monmouth University

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320October 29, 2020 6:54 PM

Florida looks like a gun cocked to Biden's head in that photo above.

by Anonymousreply 321October 29, 2020 7:30 PM

Broward Co., FL just passed the turnout mark of 60% of all registered Democrats having voted. Overall turnout stands at 54% of all registered voters and almost 83% of 2016's total vote. Reminder: greater turnout in Broward = greater margin for Dems (why Biden is there today).

by Anonymousreply 322October 29, 2020 8:10 PM

r318 your math is incorrect. The entire population of Florida (including teens and children is 21,000,000. The registered voters you listed add up to 24,000,000. I suspect that the non-party affiliated voters number is a misprint. There are probably 4,500,000 unaffiliated

by Anonymousreply 323October 29, 2020 8:33 PM

*fixed error from last update

Florida in-person EV Day 11 (4:40 PM UPDATE)

Rep 97,128 (+39,924) Dem 57,204 NPA/Other 51,108 Total 205,440

Cumulative total

Rep 1,568,119 (+466,767) Dem 1,101,352 NPA/Other 694,879 Total 3,364,350

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324October 29, 2020 9:25 PM

Florida: Let's make this a daily thing

Of all votes so far:

Dem votes breaking down 64% mail 36% in-person GOP votes breaking down 46% mail 54% in-person NPA/Other votes breaking down 59% mail 41% in-person

by Anonymousreply 325October 29, 2020 9:38 PM

Florida: FLORIDA

Votes Cast: Democratic: 3,083,486 (+169,291) Republican: 2,914,195 NPA/Other: 1,676,716

Total: 7,674,397

Registered voters who have NOT voted yet: NPA/Other: 2,292,887 Republican: 2,254,817 (+35,049) Democratic: 2,219,768

Total: 6,767,472

by Anonymousreply 326October 29, 2020 9:39 PM

Broward Dems had 58.7% turnout for all early voting in 2016

They are currently at 59.7% with 3 days of early voting and 4-5 days of mail to come

by Anonymousreply 327October 29, 2020 9:41 PM

Here is the Florida Division of Elections data source, r323.

The correct number of Unaffiliated Registered Voters is 3,653,046.

The total of ALL registered voters is 14,065,627. My mistake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328October 29, 2020 10:23 PM

82 million have already voted

by Anonymousreply 329October 29, 2020 10:28 PM

There is a significant chance 100 Million Americans will have voted by Monday night

by Anonymousreply 330October 29, 2020 10:29 PM

But r324 doesn't include absentee, mail-in ballots cast.

"As of Monday morning, 2.6 million Democrats had voted by mail or at early voting centers, about 354,654 more than the Republican total of 2.2 million."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331October 29, 2020 10:34 PM

Where are you getting your total ballots cast info, r326?

by Anonymousreply 332October 29, 2020 10:35 PM

Yes, that should be inperson EV

by Anonymousreply 333October 29, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote] The entire population of Florida (including teens and children is 21,000,000. The registered voters you listed add up to 24,000,000.

Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 334October 29, 2020 11:30 PM

Fmr. GOP Majority Leader of the Florida House, President Pro Temp. of the Senate, & Rick Scott Appointee @FasanoMike endorses @JoeBiden for President.

"I love my party, but I love my country more. In 2020, I'm a #BidenRepublican."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335October 29, 2020 11:47 PM

This is so Florida.

And so Joe Gruters.

“Face Freedom" scholarships for families opposed to masks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336October 30, 2020 1:45 AM

October 30, 2020 at 6:39 am EDT By Taegan Goddard 88 Comments

“Democrats are sounding the alarm about weak voter turnout rates in Florida’s biggest county, Miami-Dade, where a strong Republican showing is endangering Joe Biden’s chances in the nation’s biggest swing state,” Politico reports.

“No Democrat can win Florida without a huge turnout and big winning margins here to offset losses elsewhere in the state. But Democrats are turning out at lower rates than Republicans and at lower rates than at this point in 2016, when Hillary Clinton won by 29 percentage points here and still lost the state to Donald Trump.”

by Anonymousreply 337October 30, 2020 11:32 AM

Gen X propels Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338October 30, 2020 11:46 AM

Battleground alert! In Florida, our new @NBCNews/Marist Poll gives Biden a 4 point edge over Trump. Details here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339October 30, 2020 11:46 AM

As of today, there are 679,480 voters who have not voted in Miami-Dade County. Here's how their party registration breaks down:

Democrat - 273,238 (40%) Republican - 149,657 (22%) NPA - 249,000 (36%)

Miami-Dade early voting and ballot drop box info:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340October 30, 2020 1:15 PM

Unreturned mail-in ballots in Miami-Dade: Republican 57,513 Democrats - 91,031 NPA - 67,686

Total: 219,507

by Anonymousreply 341October 30, 2020 1:38 PM

Fuck Florida, all the intrigue is in Texas now.

by Anonymousreply 342October 30, 2020 1:39 PM

@matthewjdowd The TX Dems are doing an incredible GOTV effort. I’ve been text banking from New England and am SO impressed! They are together, and excited, and grateful and it’s so inspiring

Florida Democrats, wake up!

by Anonymousreply 343October 30, 2020 1:46 PM

Agree, TX is better focus than FL.

by Anonymousreply 344October 30, 2020 2:35 PM

@Afrohispanic @BozziiieTTV Cubans vote at much higher rates than non Cuban Dem Hispanics

by Anonymousreply 345October 31, 2020 2:53 AM

And yet Florida went for Obama. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 346October 31, 2020 3:00 AM

An estimated 9 million voters nationwide went for Obama twice then switched to Trump in 2016. I'm one of them.

by Anonymousreply 347October 31, 2020 9:54 AM

B-but I thought Trump voters are all racist?

by Anonymousreply 348October 31, 2020 10:17 AM

Hey dumb-dumb, r348. Maybe not all Trump voters are racist, but all racists are Trump voters. Which makes all Trump voters, at minimum, enablers of racists.

by Anonymousreply 349October 31, 2020 10:28 AM

[quote]Fuck Florida, all the intrigue is in Texas now.

I think Georgia will be the big flip.

by Anonymousreply 350October 31, 2020 10:29 AM

[quote] all racists are Trump voters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351October 31, 2020 10:33 AM

Broward County, FL has crossed 60% turnout of all registered voters.

Dems at 65% turnout of registered Dems, Reps at 62% of registered Reps, and NPAs at 51% of registered NPAs.

Turnout in Broward now stands at just over 91% of total 2016 turnout, w/EV through tomorrow.

Vote!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352October 31, 2020 5:28 PM

"We’ve got to stop the bleeding" doesn't sound good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353November 1, 2020 12:09 AM

Biden now ahead in last poll.

by Anonymousreply 354November 1, 2020 1:36 PM

Any latest "reliable" estimates of registered FL Rs & independents voting Biden? Presume that there are more Repugs voting Biden > Dems voting Trump

by Anonymousreply 355November 1, 2020 1:51 PM

And, here are the largest GOP early turnout advantages vs. Dems (among FL counties w/ 100k+ registrants):

1. Miami-Dade +8 2. Bay +3 3. Clay +3 4. Sumter +3 5. Osceola +3 6. Lee +1 7. Escambia +1

by Anonymousreply 356November 1, 2020 2:33 PM

There's an excellent chance President Trump is headed for the biggest repudiation of a first-term president since Jimmy Carter in 1980 (9.7%) and an outside chance he's headed for the biggest since Herbert Hoover in 1932 (17.7%).

by Anonymousreply 357November 1, 2020 2:34 PM

Also out this morning, NBC/WSJ/Telemundo oversample finds Biden up with Latino voters, 62% to 29% percent.

(Compare to 2016 exits: 66 Clinton to 28 Trump.)

They're particularly sour on Trump's handling of Covid & prioritize that issue over the economy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358November 1, 2020 2:34 PM

Per you stats, R328, Biden is doing worse than Clinton with Latinos. How is that "up"?

[quote] Biden: 62% to 29% percent.

[quote] Compare to 2016 exits: 66 Clinton to 28 Trump.

by Anonymousreply 359November 1, 2020 3:51 PM

Biden is close to Hillary’s performance with Latinos now in that poll, which is a significant improvement

by Anonymousreply 360November 1, 2020 4:34 PM

Well, R347, I wouldn't adverise that, even anonymously, you stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 361November 1, 2020 5:23 PM

President (Florida)

Biden (D) 48% Trump (R) 47%

10/29-10/31 by Rasmussen Reports/Pulse Opinion Research (C+) 800 LV

Arf! Have a nice day!

Poll #136056 #ElectionTwitter

by Anonymousreply 362November 1, 2020 5:33 PM

Stacey Abrams and Beto O'Rourke didn't stop organizing and registering voters in Georgia and Texas after the 2018 elections. Now those states are in play in a presidential election for the first time in a generation. Such a great example of what's needed to change things.

by Anonymousreply 363November 1, 2020 5:45 PM

Hispanics represent 17% of registered voters in Florida. And of those registered Florida Hispanic Voters, 38% are registered Democrats vs. only 26% registered as Republicans.

So is the Florida Democratic Party having a hard time getting their registered voters to vote?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 1, 2020 5:48 PM

Supposedly Trump just claimed that Fidel Castro is controlling Joe Biden.

Castro died in 2016. I read the linked tweet; I could not find a supporting news report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365November 1, 2020 8:00 PM

Broward is at 96% of 2016 vote total (843,000)

64.0% turnout currently (was 71.7% in 2016)

by Anonymousreply 366November 1, 2020 8:09 PM

Even Rasmussen is calling Florida for Biden!

FLORIDA:

BIDEN: 48%

TRUMP: 47%

Oct. 29-31 Rasmussen Reports/Pulse Opinion Research

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367November 1, 2020 11:16 PM

That crazy-eye girl looks very credible, R365.

by Anonymousreply 368November 1, 2020 11:51 PM

Toss up again today.

by Anonymousreply 369November 2, 2020 11:39 AM

Broward dems have reached 70% turnout

They got 74.7% in 2016 (including Election Day)

by Anonymousreply 370November 2, 2020 6:26 PM

Not good to hear, R370.

by Anonymousreply 371November 2, 2020 8:12 PM

I mean good to hear. I misread it.

by Anonymousreply 372November 2, 2020 8:13 PM

Good luck Floridians.

by Anonymousreply 373November 3, 2020 11:23 AM

I'm not holding up much hope for Biden winning Florida. But if he does win, it's basically game over for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 374November 3, 2020 11:31 AM

It would be icing on the cake, R374.

by Anonymousreply 375November 3, 2020 11:48 AM

An understatement, but this should be interesting to monitor thru today, given >62% of FL's registered voters have already cast ballots through Sunday (66.2% registered Ds vs. 65.9% Rs)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376November 3, 2020 12:21 PM

I believe Biden is still in play for Georgia and Florida.

by Anonymousreply 377November 3, 2020 12:28 PM

Georgia more than Florida.

by Anonymousreply 378November 3, 2020 1:37 PM

I wonder who the Florida Orange Bird is voting for?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379November 3, 2020 2:08 PM

🚨 URGENT - HELP NEEDED 🚨

572,000 Democrats have not yet returned their ballots in FLORIDA. we need volunteers to call them & remind them to drop them off today!

FIRST TIME VOLUNTEERS... NOW IS YOUR CHANCE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380November 3, 2020 2:44 PM

Alternatively if you don't want to talk to anyone, you can also text bank folks in FL and you can use either your computer or mobile device

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381November 3, 2020 4:27 PM

The suspense is killing me!

by Anonymousreply 382November 3, 2020 11:05 PM

Well, now we know, R382. OP was right.

by Anonymousreply 383November 4, 2020 1:06 AM

The collapse of Latinos voting for Democrats is not just isolated to Florida or to Biden. There were big Latin swings toward Trump and Republicans in Texas border counties too.

by Anonymousreply 384November 4, 2020 8:06 AM

Around 55% of Florida's Cuban American vote went to Donald Trump, according to @NBCNews exit polls, while 30% of Puerto Ricans and 48% of "other Latinos" backed Trump. - @NBCLatino

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385November 4, 2020 8:12 AM

It's ovah.

by Anonymousreply 386November 4, 2020 10:28 AM

Can you imagine being Latino and voting for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 387November 4, 2020 10:28 AM

R387 A friend in NYC, Dominican late 40s, so gay he flames to outer space voted TRUMP. Voted blue on everything else.

His reason? The behavior of blacks seemingly empowered by BLM, and by behavior he meant aggression and brazenness. He lives UWS and said neighborhood feels unsafe by young blacks who think they have freedom to do as they please.

by Anonymousreply 388November 4, 2020 10:32 AM

Outside Florida, Trump did well in Mexican majority counites in Texas. Look at Biden's margin compared to Hillary's:

[quote] while Biden was defeating Trump by 14 points in Cameron County, Hillary Clinton defeated Trump there in 2016, by 32 points.

[quote] In Hidalgo county, Biden won by 17 points, and Clinton by 40 points.

[quote] In Starr County, Biden won by 5 points, and Clinton by more than 60 points.

[quote] Trump actually won Zapata County by 6 points. Clinton won it by 33 points, and Barack Obama, four years earlier, by 43 points.

by Anonymousreply 389November 4, 2020 11:34 AM

Machismo is very politically and culturally attractive

by Anonymousreply 390November 4, 2020 11:46 AM

[quot]His reason? The behavior of blacks seemingly empowered by BLM, and by behavior he meant aggression and brazenness. He lives UWS and said neighborhood feels unsafe by young blacks who think they have freedom to do as they please.

the identity politics can be tiring, but your friend isn't very smart if that is how he votes.

by Anonymousreply 391November 4, 2020 12:35 PM

R391 I'm still scratching my head over this.....gay, non-white voting for Trump...

by Anonymousreply 392November 4, 2020 1:15 PM

As long as Democrats propose raising taxes, they will never win Florida. There are a large number of successful Latinos in Florida & don't want to hear about some Democrat coming after their money. Also you will NEVER win Florida supporting ANY form of socialism. Period.

by Anonymousreply 393November 4, 2020 1:53 PM

US Representatives Debbie Mucarsel-Powell and Donna Shalala both unseated by Republicans in Miami-Dade

Alcee Hastings and Debbie Wasserman Schultz retain their seats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394November 4, 2020 4:44 PM

Latinos are not a monolithic voting block unlike black voters. Maybe now the Dems will realize this fact and not wrongly pander to Latinos on issues in which they think Latinos are solely interested. Many Latinos I know resent being considered as not Americans and only caring about illegal immigration and/ or welfare benefits.

by Anonymousreply 395November 4, 2020 4:54 PM

R393 Then give up your Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and other government benefits.

by Anonymousreply 396November 4, 2020 5:23 PM

When discussing politics, Cubans are a SEPARATE category from Latinos. Get it through your head.

by Anonymousreply 397November 4, 2020 5:32 PM

The results in Miami-Dade should still be investigated. There has got to be some missing ballots.

by Anonymousreply 398November 4, 2020 8:39 PM

R395, many black voters realize that no how successful or how much money they have we are considered less than by a large segment of white Americans. All we have is each other so we have to try together. I am puzzled that Americans with Latino heritage do not care about immigration. I guess it is a case of I got mine.......

by Anonymousreply 399November 4, 2020 10:11 PM

We have a private group on Facebook for Cuban Dems in Miami. We're trying to figure this out--and much arguing back and forth.

by Anonymousreply 400November 5, 2020 2:57 AM

R400 Yeah, you've made a lot of progress.

by Anonymousreply 401November 5, 2020 1:09 PM

I can't wait for Florida to fall into the ocean. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 402November 5, 2020 1:31 PM

@club_fremont From a cost benefit analysis, the money spent on FL can go towards organization and turnout in smaller states where it's easier to move the needle: NC/GA/AZ/NV + midwest and a few others are the right size for Dem investment. Heck, even MT/AK might be a better investment than FL.

by Anonymousreply 403November 6, 2020 3:42 AM

Or, better yet, use the money to lobby Congress to increase the size of the House of Representatives to around 800-900 members, which would massively dilute the influence of the electoral college without the impossibility of trying to actually abolish it (Wyoming and Alaska would still have 3 electoral votes apiece by virtue of having two senators and one representative, but the top 20 states would have almost twice as many representatives (and electoral votes) as they do now.

They'd have to build a new office building for the additional representatives, but within the Capitol itself, all it would really take is a remodeling job on the gallery to put better seats up in the gallery for use by the additional representatives. The general seating scheme might be, "opposition/minority-party members in the gallery, majority-party members on the floor, with the minority party retaining 2 or 3 rows of seats on the floor for use by representatives who are going to address the House (or have some other logistical need to be down there), and maybe a few more rows of seats for the Speaker to use as rewards for opposition/minority-party members whom (s)he deems worthy". Using the 2020 House as an example, Pelosi might have sent all the Republicans up to the gallery, but rewarded some of the more sane (non-Trumpian) Republicans with coveted "second seats" down on the floor (so they could sit up in the gallery with their party, or sit in the main section along with other, equally-rewarded Republicans.

As an added bonus, allowing handpicked members of the opposition/minority party to have two seats (one in the gallery with their party, one on the Floor with the "big boys") would encourage the least-partisan and most-centrist members of the opposition/minority party to break ranks more often... partially, because they'd enjoy the privilege of sitting in the "real" section instead of being consigned to the metaphorical "back bench" (penalty box), partially because they'd be less-accessible to people like their own party's Whip, and partially because they'd be more inclined to fraternize with the majority party's members, and would be more inclined to go along with them.

by Anonymousreply 404November 6, 2020 6:09 AM

You want MORE congressmen, R404? What a nightmare that would be.

by Anonymousreply 405November 6, 2020 1:53 PM

Of COURSE Republicans had to cheat to win Florida again.

SURPRISE TO NO ONE PAYING ATTENTION.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406November 6, 2020 7:52 PM

I knew Florida was going to be close but I'm reluctant to take the Florida results at face value based on the morally corrupt governor DeSantis and the Florida Secretary of State .

by Anonymousreply 407November 6, 2020 8:14 PM

DEMS NEED TO REACH OUT TO LATINOS BETTER OR WE’LL LOSE FUTURE ELECTIONS!

Florida Latinos- Trump got 44% in 2020 33-35% in 2016

“55% of Florida's Cuban vote went to Trump, according to NBC News exit polls, 30% of Puerto Ricans & 48% of other Latinos.”

by Anonymousreply 408November 7, 2020 2:58 PM

Trump won Florida because the Democrats totally dropped the ball on Miami's Spanish-language media. While Bloomberg & Lincoln Project were annoying people with the same endless ads on Youtube & Hulu, Trump had ads on Telemundo & Univision calling Biden a Castro-loving communist seated at the right hand of AOC. And the ads worked.

The Florida Democratic Party had no "ground game" to speak of in South Florida, with entirely predictable results.

Florida's Democratic Party has NO FUCKING IDEA how to be a majority party with electable candidates. In any other sane state, Gwen Graham would be governor. Instead, the Democrats were insane enough to nominate Gillum, who had almost zero chance of winning the general election.

Florida URGENTLY needs an influx of politically-active thirtysomethings & fortysomethings from a state where the Democrats KNOW HOW to actually BE a majority party that isn't a sad joke to show Florida's Party how to do it. Kind of like how universities like UCF, FIU, FAU, etc had an influx of kids from UF (thanks to the murderer) who knew how campus social & greek life was supposed to work, jump-started it at their new school, and transformed them almost overnight from glorified community colleges into real universities. Florida's DP desperately needs a similar injection of experienced talent.

by Anonymousreply 409November 7, 2020 5:01 PM

On the other hand, did you see JACKSONVILLE voted and flipped blue???!

Jacksonville! Fucking redneck Jacksonville!

The Jax Dems are really good--they send people to Miami to train us.

by Anonymousreply 410November 8, 2020 2:48 AM

r410 JAX turned blue because Black people showed up to vote like they did in GA. There are tons of Black voters all over Florida and Dems should focus on getting them to the polls next time. Kamala Harris can sweep those Black Caribbean votes. Latinos in Florida are numerous, but too volatile and they have a very poor understanding of American political systems.

by Anonymousreply 411November 8, 2020 5:53 AM

Trump smartly invested in Latin radio and convinced the Cubans and Venezuelans that Dems are socialist. All that $$ Biden, you would think Dems would be smarter than that.

The funny thing is they voted for a wannabe dictator.

by Anonymousreply 412November 8, 2020 6:47 PM

R412 The irony obviously escapes them.

by Anonymousreply 413November 8, 2020 7:22 PM

I still cannot wrap my mind around any Latino would vote for Trump after he caged Latina children, I do not care how much money he spent in advertising.

by Anonymousreply 414November 8, 2020 9:02 PM

R411, yes, that is true. But the Jax dems have been working on voter turnout since the last election--and they're smart. Like I said, they have come down to Miami to train some of our groups with their canvassing strategy. One of the leaders tried to run for the head of the Florida Dems three or four years ago, but lost because some bullshit shenanigans put an almost-billionaire into the seat (which he had to resign from a few months later for sexually harassing women).

We need a Jax dem to lead the state party--in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 415November 8, 2020 11:16 PM

Good job R415. Keep up the good work. I am now a firm believer that more effort needs to go towards motivating your bases and getting them to the polls verses trying to get closed minded people to switch sides.

by Anonymousreply 416November 8, 2020 11:24 PM

R416, thank you! And that does seem to ring true--if Georgia can go blue, anything should be possible in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 417November 9, 2020 12:38 AM

r414, Miami Cubans overwhelmingly DO N0T identify as "Latin(o/a/x)". As far as they're concerned, they're white. At worst, "ethnic white". And usually, just plain "Cuban".

South Americans are similar. Argentines & Chileans don't identify as Latin(o/a/x) either. In Argentina and Chile, they're white, period, end of story. And if their families WEREN'T white there... well, that's their little secret. Ditto, for Brazilians, Colombians, and Venezuelans.

You have to understand that white Cubans & South Americans are EVERY BIT as racist as white Americans... if not MORE, because they don't have the lingering legacy of slavery hanging over their heads imposing white guilt. I have Cuban friends who use "the N word" without shame or remorse, and use it like an old lady from Mississippi circa 1920. And rich Brazilians are the absolute worst of all. White Argentines & Chileans aren't as prejudiced against black people... but look down on indigenous people the way Cubans look down on black people.

Cringe-worthy, google'able quote from a Miami (white) Cuban lady: "Cuban black people are sweeter than American blacks... they know their place."

The real reason Miamians accepted Cubans was simple... circa 1960, Miami was rapidly becoming as black as Atlanta & Detroit. The Cubans arrived, and joined hands with white Miamians against the black menace. Cubans fucking *loved* "Jim Crow" segregation, and were among its most enthusiastic supporters... several YEARS after Dade County (and Florida ITSELF) banned segregation.

If you try to view Cubans as "Latinos", their attitudes make no sense. Once you realize they see themselves as "Lily-white", it all falls into place.

by Anonymousreply 418November 9, 2020 7:22 AM

Half-Cuban here. And member of several Cuban Democrat groups in Miami.

We DO identify as latins. What a strange comment you made. We are one of the latin countries, we speak/spoke a latin(-derived) language. We absolutely consider ourselves part of the latin world.

by Anonymousreply 419November 9, 2020 7:31 AM

I agree with a lot of what R418 wrote but Cuba was a slave colony.

by Anonymousreply 420November 9, 2020 2:45 PM

R414, they clearly don’t identity with those children

by Anonymousreply 421November 9, 2020 2:48 PM

r419, exactly... you're HALF-Cuban AND a Democrat, so you see both sides of your family in stark relief AND your friends & party membership encourage you to identify as "Latino".

Now, go to the 20 year high school reunions for Belen and Lourdes & ask the "Latinos" to raise their hands. If anyone raises their hand at all, the others will snicker & crack jokes about how they always *knew* he was a balsero/negro/Democrat/maricon (or some permutation).

I know for a *fact* that the briefing packets for Republican candidates EXPLICITLY advises them to NEVER refer to Cubans as "Latinos" because it's viewed as an insult. In moderation, use of the word "Latin" (no suffix allowed) is OK as a neutral adjective, but "a little goes a long way". Don't use the Mexican "Ibero-" prefix, "Hispanic" is tainted by associations with Democrats, government programs, & poverty, and "chicano" will turn Dade County against you for life.

TL/DR: when addressing Cubans, preferentially call them "Cubans" or "Cuban Americans"... if Venezuelans or others make up a big part of the crowd, sparingly use "Latin" (without suffix). But non-Cuban Latin Miamians are used to having everyone think they're Cuban anyway, and because Cubans are rich, white, and powerful, it's seen as either neutral or a slight compliment. At least, within Republican circles. Democrats differ.

by Anonymousreply 422November 9, 2020 5:12 PM

FLORIDA. A week after the election, Cong Charlie Crist (D) is still running campaign ads on TV - in the guise of "thank you" messages. Sounds like someone thinking of running for Governor (his old job) or US Senate again in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 423November 11, 2020 3:27 PM

@Morning_Joe the Democrats need stronger messages during upcoming elections to counteract Republican messages about “defund police” and “socialist”. Democrats will lose Florida again if Dems can’t counteract the socialism message.

by Anonymousreply 424November 13, 2020 11:38 AM

Defund the Police makes the Dems look pathetic to most Floridians. Violent crime is an issue in Florida and the police are still respected and not vilified like in the bigger NE cities.

by Anonymousreply 425November 13, 2020 11:46 AM

Democrats overall failed to strongly and publicly denounce the defund the police cry. Thankfully Biden did during debates and town halls, but even then, he seemed too weak in his denunciation

by Anonymousreply 426November 13, 2020 11:50 AM

True about Dem. messaging, but it's hard to drive a message when you're confronting 150 lies a day coming from the WH, plus Qanon and Fox News weaponizing the message with scary pictures of Nwords stealing Iphones

Reps don't care that 92 percent of the protests were non-violent or that the Kushner family business took 10 million dollars of SOCIALIST PPP funds. They should be shot for looting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427November 13, 2020 11:54 AM

What's Belen and Lourdes?

by Anonymousreply 428November 13, 2020 12:06 PM

R414 Why would they ? These kids wouldn't be in cages if their parents had gone through the legal immigration process instead of jumping the border . I know this sounds bad but I actually wonder how I would feel if the only thing a political party sees in me is an illegal immigrant and that's all I'm supposed to care about .

by Anonymousreply 429November 13, 2020 12:59 PM

Repubs have the upper hand with Defund the Police and won't let it go for anything. It was a fatal fatal dumb as hell idea of the far left liberals and the price will be paid for many years to come. Nothing else matters on what the Repubs do wrong as the defense the Dems use to minimize the damage. Defund the Police is Dem's Napalm that exploded in their face.

by Anonymousreply 430November 13, 2020 1:09 PM

Cut the far left loose. Reparations, socialism, defund the police are political poison. Have nothing to do with those agenda

by Anonymousreply 431November 13, 2020 1:14 PM

@riotwomennn The party needs to work on messaging. And they should listen to veterans like Jim Clyburn who had warned that “socialism” doesn’t sell in the South. “Defund the police “ was also a horrible slogan to run on. They should have gotten on top of that quickly.

by Anonymousreply 432November 13, 2020 1:16 PM

A quick look at the 2016 and 2020 shows how demographic changes are effecting Florida

Once reliably Republican counties Duval (Jacksonville) and Seminole (Sanford/Lake Mary) went blue. The reason - demographics, especially educated workers relocating from the North. However this was offset by Trump’s dominance with the white working class (Volusia voted for Obama twice but has since gone to Trump twice) and Trump’s inroads with Hispanics - Dade went a shade lighter blue, along with heavily Puerto Rican Osceola.

Where once the fortunes of Florida were said to rest on the I4 corridor, like the rest of the nation its beginning to look like a more urban/rural divide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433November 13, 2020 1:27 PM

Democrats need to do a deep dive to address slipping support among Latinos and African Americans

by Anonymousreply 434November 13, 2020 1:34 PM

Yeah, I understand Democrats took COVID seriously, but they need to understand not registering voters, no ground game, and almost no rallies cost them the state. There was a cost to suspending normal campaign activities

by Anonymousreply 435November 13, 2020 1:37 PM

r435 You're discussing a small element of the situation. Blacks and Hispanic men came out and voted for Trump and Republicans in highest numbers of the past several decades. his message appeals to them. They dont see themselves as aligned with progressive ideas, socialism or defunding the police. They like a strongman. This problem isnt going away. It wasnt a base turnout issue. It was a base starting to fracture issue that will be with us for a long time

by Anonymousreply 436November 13, 2020 3:25 PM

When friends talk about the liberal looney far left, I cringe because they say nothing that isn't true. AOC is without a doubt the boogeywoman of the party and the squad added in together makes the Dem party seem very toxic to middle of the road people like myself.

by Anonymousreply 437November 13, 2020 4:20 PM

r428, actually, I meant Christopher Columbus High School, and Our Lady of Lourdes Academy. They're a pair of elite same-sex (but campus-adjacent) Catholic high schools in Miami that are almost the stereotyped definition of rich, white elite Cuban-American kids. Belen Academy is where the kids went to elementary school (I think the split is somewhere around 7th or 8th grade). They WERE elite schools in Havana that pretty much just relocated 150 miles north to Miami and kept going. If you go down the list of Miami's Cuban political and business elite, most of them are alumni.

by Anonymousreply 438November 13, 2020 4:37 PM

There are tons of Puerto Ricans in Florida and even after Trump threw water on their drowning island the retarded fuckers voted for him! Assholes.

Next time we just let it drown, after all we'll need their votes!

by Anonymousreply 439November 13, 2020 4:40 PM

What Democrats and liberals fail to understand is that racial or ethics identity, or sexual orientation or gender identity, are not the supreme identities for everyone. Many people vote based upon their religious beliefs, others on their philosophy about the role of government, still others based on tax policy.

by Anonymousreply 440November 13, 2020 6:51 PM

To Miami guy,

I'm sorry I haven't responded to your post: I was flooded in for three days and was having an anxiety issue. (I'm the OP on "Tips for Anxiety.")

I actually had friends who went to Lourdes, but not Belen.

I shall return. Thank you

by Anonymousreply 441November 13, 2020 9:21 PM

R437, I find it interesting Democrats want to rid itself of the looney left but Republicans embrace the crazy right wing . We have to stop allowing hypocritical Rethugs to define our party.

by Anonymousreply 442November 14, 2020 5:39 PM

R442 the fact is that Republicans win being looney. Democrats do not

by Anonymousreply 443November 14, 2020 5:53 PM

Republicans know how to dominate the political narrative and work together as one monolithic group, especially when Trump leads them. The Democrats have various factions and ideologies, they do not have one specific narrative to sell. The fact that they stepped back from being the political party representing the working class (thanks Bill Clinton) and the minorities, they need to refocus it immediately if they intend to win elections in 2022 and 2024.

by Anonymousreply 444November 14, 2020 6:52 PM

Republicans do that because they have the likes Rush and Fox News driving their hive mentality. Democracts do not have a hive mentality and probably never will. But we should decide on a few national to define the party.

by Anonymousreply 445November 14, 2020 7:55 PM

AOC threatened to quit and would probably get her own show on MSNBC right after the homophobe Joy Reid. The thought is scary.

by Anonymousreply 446November 14, 2020 8:05 PM

Well, we lost an important state senate seat in Miami because the republicans ran (or didn't run, just filed) for an independent with the same last name as the democrat. The republicans sent out fake "progressive" adverts with their fake candidate, and our guy lost by 37 seats.

They cheat in Miami. That is how they win.

by Anonymousreply 447November 15, 2020 12:16 AM

Well, we lost an important state senate seat in Miami because the republicans ran (or didn't run, just filed) for an independent with the same last name as the democrat. The republicans sent out fake "progressive" adverts with their fake candidate, and our guy lost by 37 seats.

They cheat in Miami. That is how they win.

by Anonymousreply 448November 15, 2020 12:16 AM

Democrats are dumb to fall for it

by Anonymousreply 449November 15, 2020 12:32 AM

R439, the governor of Puerto Rico endorsed Trump.

by Anonymousreply 450November 15, 2020 12:56 PM

Yep

by Anonymousreply 451November 15, 2020 1:56 PM

I can confirm the Three Florida districts where Biden underperformed Clinton the most

#FL27 - Went from 19% win to 3% win #FL25 - Went from 2% loss to 22% loss #FL26 - went from 16% win to 6% loss

The 22 point swing in #FL26 was the biggest and doomed @DebbieforFL #flapol

by Anonymousreply 452November 15, 2020 2:40 PM

Feel bad for all the grassroots activists in South FL--they have been badly let down by local and national Dem Party strategists.

by Anonymousreply 453November 15, 2020 2:42 PM

R452, we have to know where those districts are to make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 454November 15, 2020 4:42 PM

I'm guessing FL-26 was Debbie Mucarsel-Powell in downtown Miami & Miami Beach (Ileana Ros-Lehtinen's former districtt

by Anonymousreply 455November 15, 2020 4:49 PM

We shouldn’t give up on Florida yet, but wining that state will take a huge course change by Democrats

by Anonymousreply 456November 15, 2020 7:42 PM

Can look at the shift in Florida via percent or raw vote

So Biden lost Florida by 260,000 votes more than Clinton. 75% of that came from Miami-Dade alone! Without that he'd still have fallen far short, but other big losses also came from areas with Hispanic populations #flapol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457November 15, 2020 7:59 PM

Why aren't we better at fighting stuff like that at r448? It's not news that Republicans cheat and pull sleazy tricks. We have to try new ways of combating that and not just sulk in our corners about how [italic]evil[/italic] Republicans are and how [italic]stupid[/italic] people are to vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 458November 15, 2020 8:19 PM

Democrats in South Florida are largely oblivious to Spanish-language local radio. Imagine if Rush Limbaugh were Spanish-speaking, and had a radio show in Miami that called Obama "EL nègro", and spun positively outrageous conspiracy theories that went totally unnoticed & unchallenged by Democrats. That's Miami.

Miami Spanish-language radio is the ultimate echo chamber. If you know Spanish & listen to Spanish radio, you're Republican. If you know Spanish & don't listen to Miami Spanish radio, you're an Anglo Republican. If you're black, you refused to learn Spanish in high school, making you oblivious to all the nasty things getting said about you on Miami spanish radio. And if you're any other Democrat, you regard Miami spanish radio as Fox News on steroids & never listen to it if you can help it.

by Anonymousreply 459November 16, 2020 3:42 AM

Mucarsel-Powell's district was a huge West Dade and then south Homestead district. Shalala had the southern piece of Hialeah and the beaches.

M-P lost to the mayor of Miami-Dade, the vile ex-firefighter chief Carlos Gimenez (Trump bootlicker); Shalala lost to a bimbo who was a TV reporter in her younger days.

by Anonymousreply 460November 16, 2020 4:10 AM

R458, we're talking about this right now in my FB groups. The problem is that it's legal for an independent to run in this way. Now, if they got their money to run from a republican PAC or something--and that can be proven--that's when it becomes fraud.

For instance, the fake Rodriguez in that senate race filed to run in a district that he doesn't live in--which is illegal. (We're talking about this now--if anything can be done.) But it was in the news--

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461November 16, 2020 4:15 AM

I would also like to say that Lourdes and Belen are not really "elite," they are for middle class families. (I know the people who go there think they're elite, but they're not.)

The real elite schools in Miami, where the wealthy send their children, are astronomically expensive. My brother's tuition is 38k per year, aside from compulsory donations.

by Anonymousreply 462November 16, 2020 4:20 AM

Wait a minute, so the "same name" you've been talking about was named "Rodriguez"?? Do you know how common that name is in Florida? You lost some credibility with that one.

by Anonymousreply 463November 16, 2020 12:39 PM

Cuban Trump supporter in Miami on why she thinks Biden is a socialist: “I define socialist as you bring down your own race....because he’s not BLACK. The white people....he doesn’t look at himself in the mirror?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464November 16, 2020 1:23 PM

[quote]Yeah, I understand Democrats took COVID seriously, but they need to understand not registering voters, no ground game, and almost no rallies cost them the state.

I live in Florida I feel like the state is always a last minute task for the campaigns. A lot of time is spent time courting people the states who have their primaries first, like Iowa, etc. You never see campaigning here until the last 30-60 days before a general election, way too late. Florida is an extremely diverse state and you would need to be on the ground way earlier to get out votes.

by Anonymousreply 465November 16, 2020 3:28 PM

Trump has been investing and campaigning in Florida nonstop since 2015. He built a very impressive Ground operation in the state that could be replicated nationwide

by Anonymousreply 466November 16, 2020 3:31 PM

[quote] Wait a minute, so the "same name" you've been talking about was named "Rodriguez"?? Do you know how common that name is in Florida?

I know him and worked on his prior campaign. Do you really think I don't know how common that name is?

by Anonymousreply 467November 16, 2020 11:11 PM

Over the years I had grown to dislike Cubans because almost all of them, include a former close childhood friend, had become entitled snobs who believe they are superior to other people of Hispanic descent. This election only solidified my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 468November 17, 2020 12:21 AM

The Real Housewives of Miami was a snoozefest but accurately portrayed how Cubans in Florida view themselves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469November 17, 2020 1:04 AM

Russell Drew

@RussOnPolitics

·

49s

I found myself screaming out loud while reading this article about why Florida was such a clusterf**k for Democrats in 2020. As State Senator

@Annette_Taddeo

says, “We go through this every two fricking years.” Miami-Dade was a slow moving train wreck happening in plain sight.

by Anonymousreply 470November 18, 2020 1:12 PM

Osceola County, just south of Orlando, is nearly 50% Hispanic in registration. It saw a massive swing in the 2020 election, going from Clinton+25 to Biden+14. Puerto Rican communities saw the largest GOP swing #flapol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471December 13, 2020 1:18 AM

@GiancarloC1985 @ShivM_07 Florida is one big game of wack-a-mole for the Democrats. No matter what they have done, they just have not been able to pull together winning coalitions. I don't see how this changes in the 2020s. Convince me otherwise ...

by Anonymousreply 472January 3, 2021 2:02 AM

#ElectionTwitter Here's a list of the years in which Ohio has been more Democratic than the country: 1872 - D+4.71 1908 - D+2.33 1916 - D+4.55 1920 - D+6.29 1964 - D+3.31 1972 - D+1.59 2004 - D+0.35

by Anonymousreply 473September 6, 2021 3:04 PM

The Republican Texas legislature is now going to use its power to adopt a congressional map in which Republicans will hold no fewer than 22 of 38 seats if Democrats with the statewide vote by 20 points.

You can at least respect them.

by Anonymousreply 474September 29, 2021 6:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!