Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pennsylvania DLers - How Many Trump Lawn-Signs Do You See?

Trump won it the last time by the narrowest of margins - 0.72%

Will he win it this time?

by Anonymousreply 406January 3, 2021 12:46 AM

I live in the red red state of Indiana, although in a rather strong Democratic Party area (South Bend) and I haven't seen any Trump or Biden lawn signs or even bumper stickers but it is early. I never even see MAGA hats around here.

by Anonymousreply 1September 1, 2020 1:09 AM

Called a friend in PA just for you, OP.

His report, Trump sign sightings are way down from 2016. That holds true all over the state, even out in Pennsyltucky when he drove through that area of PA last week.

We still have to fight but Trump isn't the new kid in town anymore, he's the old failure.

by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2020 1:14 AM

Hi Op, I’ve seen about a dozen in my immediate area of the county - predominantly white upper middle class. This is the area that republicans are targeting to pick up ground. I’m in Bucks.

I’ve posted about this recently on another read.

No Biden signs whatsoever..

by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2020 1:15 AM

I've seen some but see quite a few Biden signs too. There were maybe only 1 or 2 Hilary signs last time.

by Anonymousreply 4September 1, 2020 1:18 AM

Btw OP - I do see more than this time in 2016.

There are by no means a ton of signs, but more than expected, especially on certain houses

by Anonymousreply 5September 1, 2020 1:18 AM

Western Pa here. Biden's finished (seriously, no troll, no bot djia -223) Haven't seen a Biden sign since 1 on Friday morning near Butler. Talk is can't wait to go vote "MAGA". Thats pretty much top to bottom: enginneer types down to beer stockboys at Sheetz.

by Anonymousreply 6September 1, 2020 1:18 AM

Where are the Biden signs R4?

by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2020 1:19 AM

R6 I believe it. Here in Bucks not one sign or even bumper sticker for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 8September 1, 2020 1:19 AM

I was traveling west along Route 63 (Welsh Road) leaving Philadelphia and entering Huntingdon Valley (Montgomery County) PA, a very upscale area. I was disturbed to find two different McMansions was Trump signs in the yard. No Biden signs to be seen.

Just an FYI: top to bottom of the ballot, Montgomery County went solidly blue in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 9September 1, 2020 1:24 AM

Thanks R2 !

by Anonymousreply 10September 1, 2020 1:27 AM

DEPLORABLE PROPAGANDA THREAD ALERT

by Anonymousreply 11September 1, 2020 1:28 AM

R9 I still think Montgomery will go blue. They are the bluest of the philly burbs. Not sure if you heard about the drama with their county commissioners over COVID. But it was kind of crazy.

I was in that area yesterday going to Lowe’s in Upper Moreland. No Biden signs, but I also didn’t see any Trump signs there. I’m sure there are some as you say, but I 5ink there are probably more in Bucks which isn’t as blue as MontCo.

I am seeing McMansions with Trump signs (the certain houses comment I made at r5) that is surprising. They didn’t have trump sign in 2016. The McMansions didn’t advertise who they were voting for then around here. Not that many people are advertising who they are voting for but I believe the McMansion trump voters are the whole “fed up with riots” trump vote.

by Anonymousreply 12September 1, 2020 1:30 AM

r7 in peoples yards. I also just came across a FB group for my county. I started reading it and it was typical Repubs but the further down I read it was mostly Dems which really surprised me. Also a lot of people have had their Biden signs stolen.

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2020 1:34 AM

R13 I meant what county, not where were the signs pitched. Obviously the signs were in their yard as this post is about lawn signs.

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2020 1:39 AM

And I don’t believe people were having Biden signs stolen..

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2020 1:40 AM

R5/R12: conversely, the area of Philly on the other side of the county line, Pine Valley, had a major concentration of Trump yard signs in 2016 (something I reported here then and I was promptly informed I was a pathological liar). Lots of Philly cops and firemen live in this area.

This time, I didn't see any Trump signs.

But it's still early.

by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2020 1:48 AM

People don't vote for signs.

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2020 1:49 AM

I haven't seen any anti-Trump bumper stickers (or any anti-Bidens, for that matter). I think that people are actually afraid to tell their choice, especially an anti-Trump stance.

I bought something that looks like a temporary registration tag that says "DUMP TRUMP 2020- Make America great again my ass" and it has a caricature of Trump as a pile of shit clogging a toilet.

Please show your preference. It might make a difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 1, 2020 1:50 AM

Western PA yard sign troll here...

Blue Lives Matter is the new Trump Sign.

I see more BLue Lives signs than I do Trump or Biden Signs. We've had issues out here with signs and property being vandalized so that's playing into it this year. Still seeing lots of MAGA/KAG hats and 2020 bumper stickers.

by Anonymousreply 19September 1, 2020 1:54 AM

Biden signs are being stolen in PA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2020 2:00 AM

Thanks r16, Im not too familiar with Pine Valley, but if it’s filled with cops and fireman I don’t expect too many Biden signs popping up.

Hi western pa troll, are you the poster in Allegheny? R19 the blue line flag is popular here. The one that’s black and white with a blue stripe. A couple of them are hung next to trump signs (on McMansions) around here in Bucks. This is why I think the McMansion trump signs are due to them being fed up with the riots. Hell they may have been former Hillary voters from what I can tell. It’s hard to say. But I never saw trump signs in 2016 on lawns in neighborhoods where the average house is 850k. Just very surprising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2020 2:00 AM

R17, lol, I was actually thinking about commenting that campaign organizers have a saying, "Yard signs don't vote." Meaning volunteers, donations, and new voter registrations are much more influential...

Unregistered Pennsylvanian DL-ers, register to vote here:

www.pavoterservices.pa.gov

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 1, 2020 2:01 AM

R20 everyone has ring cameras here. If signs were being stolen in my area we would all hear about it on next door and neighbors, with camera footage to boot.

Sounds like trump signs and Biden signs are all being stolen in Erie by your article.

by Anonymousreply 23September 1, 2020 2:05 AM

Pictures or it didn’t happen R3.

by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2020 2:08 AM

Oh, I thought we wanted reports on lawn signs in this thread.

Okay - so we want news reporting on lawn signs being stolen if they are Biden's and not Trump's?

by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2020 2:09 AM

Yes, r21, it's me. Allegheny checking in. I see we also have a Butler poster too. Hi Butler!

Yes, it's the same blue lives matter sign with the blue stripe. I haven't seen any signs on our McMansions out here.

And it's more than just Erie that's having issus with stolen or vandalized signs... It's down here too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2020 2:11 AM

A lawsuit by the Trump campaign to remove ballot drop off boxes was pushed back to October by a Trump appointed judge. Lawyers working against the suit are pretty confident the campaign won’t prevail so yeah, it ain’t 2016 anymore Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2020 2:13 AM

Central PA here: Clinton, Union, Lycoming, Snyder, Mifflin counties, all bright red as usual. Trump paraphernalia is out in abundance. State College (Centre county) is usually an oasis of blue but I haven't been there since Covid hit. No great surprises from the above though, the usual Pennsyltucky politics. We count on Pittsburgh and Philly to keep the state purple or blue.

I will say this is the first election I recall where one of the candidates had a flag. I see many Trump flags and banners. If there was some symbolism or icon on it (a la Gilead or Norsefire) it would be more ominous, but still.

by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2020 2:14 AM

[quote]And I don’t believe people were having Biden signs stolen..

It is happening. I was browsing a Biden forum and whole threads were devoted to getting signs stolen. Some people were on their fifth sign and doing detective work to identify the culprit(s). They had notified the police, who surprisingly (!) had more important things to investigate.

BTW, screaming at the officer in frustration "OK! Go kill a black guy," did not make them more willing to help.

by Anonymousreply 29September 1, 2020 2:16 AM

It’s bad. Suburban Philly - where there were very few Trump signs in 2016. People were embarrassed to advertise it - even if they did eventually vote for him. 2020 - Trump signs everywhere. No shame about it - emboldened and feel that they are part of a majority now in their beliefs.

I’d say I’ve seen 2-3 Trump signs for every Biden sign. Even in upper middle class areas. Especially out towards Chester County. Terrifying how it’s now acceptable. Maybe Biden signs will come out - or people don’t feel a need to advertise their sanity. A big part of the Trumpsters raisin d’etre is to “stick t to the Libs” - so the signs fit with the Trump mentaility.

I’d say he is MORE likely to get votes now than in 2020. The Biden ads have been horrible and weak. Only hoping that they are saving the fuel for the last month - because they campaign they are running here so far is pathetic. Not sure who is doing their advising but a 1 out of 10 on messaging,

by Anonymousreply 30September 1, 2020 2:17 AM

My friend in Erie said he still sees them everywhere, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 31September 1, 2020 2:18 AM

Biden supporters won’t put signs out. They don’t want their house or car egged by the Ford truck Dump supporters driving through. There are many, many “Hate has no home here” signs though. That tells you where their thinking is.

Btw I live inBucks county and I don’t know what the hell people are talking about. There are far fewer Dump signs than 2016.

by Anonymousreply 32September 1, 2020 2:18 AM

In today's environment why would anyone but a Trump sign. You do it at your risk. The left has been so aggressive that I think most will not show any support but at the polls!

by Anonymousreply 33September 1, 2020 2:19 AM

Oh okay, now I know there are some fucking trolls in this thread.

Biden's messaging is holding their fire so that the PACs and the Lincoln Project can do their work unimpeded. The candidate stays above it, keeps his hands clean and gets in some hard jabs at the Big Fat Orange Gut at the very end.

Biden is running a smart campaign.

by Anonymousreply 34September 1, 2020 2:21 AM

[quote] 2016PAYardSignTroll

When Biden wins, can you DL a favor and throw yourself in a greasefire you annoying cunt?

by Anonymousreply 35September 1, 2020 2:21 AM

I saw dozens OF Rick Lazio lawn signs in Purchase and Harrison NY in 2000 - guess what, Hillary won.

by Anonymousreply 36September 1, 2020 2:23 AM

R30, the 2016 election results from Philadelphia don’t support your wild theories. “Embarrassed” voters didn’t carry Philadelphia and the surrounding counties then, yet you think there’s a groundswell for Trump and they suddenly feel part of an empowered majority based on...yard signs?

Explain.

by Anonymousreply 37September 1, 2020 2:24 AM

R32, I’m in new hope. Take a drive by Lahaska, towards warrington on 332.. trump signs are out.

Drive through newtown and richboro, down almshouse road towards Easton road in DTown.. trump signs are out...

Drive down davisville road, between Bristol and county line .... trump signs are out..

I see no hate has no home here signs...unless i cross the bridge into lambertville NJ.

R28 I mentioned that here a few weeks ago. Most of the trump signs are these large banners/flags. They aren’t small yard signs. They are huge. There are regular yard signs, but I’ve seen way more banners then traditional sized signs.

by Anonymousreply 38September 1, 2020 2:25 AM

Butler and that whole region is absolute trash. Sorry if you live there but it has been for years, first Santorum and now Daryl "I am a Heterosexual!" Metcalfe.

by Anonymousreply 39September 1, 2020 2:26 AM

Biden supporters don’t flaunt their allegiance like trashy Trump voters. The MAGAts, being dumb, compare Trump being President to their team winning the Super Bowl, so they got to show their colors. yeehaw.

The pride a simpleton has about being a Trump supporter will never cease to amaze me.

by Anonymousreply 40September 1, 2020 2:27 AM

Someone upthread mentioned flags... I've seen a number of "don't tread on me flags", which I assume means they're for Trump.

I found Biden's commercials to be far better than Trump's. Trump's campaign last month with dialing 911 and having to leave a message was pretty lame.

What may be more effective for Trump, and why Biden was in Pittsburgh today and specifically mentioned fracking, are Trump's ads with the average Joe saying Biden is against fracking and people will be out of work yada yada. Fracking is big out here.

by Anonymousreply 41September 1, 2020 2:27 AM

Yard signs are white trash! This means nothing! They are close to a couch on the porch!

by Anonymousreply 42September 1, 2020 2:27 AM

R33

::eye-roll:: at you.

Make sure to check under your bed tonight to make sure that there's no scary antifas waitin' ta get ya. :O

by Anonymousreply 43September 1, 2020 2:29 AM

R35 you’re still mad at me from 2016? Hillary lost. Get over it.

I’ll never forget watching the results on msnbc, and Brian Williams shocked that Trump was basically going to win the election said out loud to Rachel and Chris Matthews “no one counted the yard signs”

And I thought to myself.... I did :)

I didn’t go on dL that night. I decided to let you have your moment to be in shock and mourn . I opted to wait until the following day to come back and say... I told ya so.

by Anonymousreply 44September 1, 2020 2:29 AM

Ah. A repeat troll.

Welcome to ignore, R44, we don't need your kind of trash around here. Back in the day when we had a real Muriel, you'd have been blocked and banned by now.

by Anonymousreply 45September 1, 2020 2:32 AM

And it’s also not at issue impacting polls R41, as smart voters are aware Biden is not going to ban fracking Or when you said “here”, were you talking about Minsk?

by Anonymousreply 46September 1, 2020 2:33 AM

R44 If you're the PA Yard Sign Troll, how come your posts don't add up with the other PA Yard Sign Troll who has posted in recent threads?

Do you have multiple accounts?

by Anonymousreply 47September 1, 2020 2:34 AM

Allegheny yardsign Troll.... post when you see a trump sign on a McMansion lot. Im pretty sure you’ll see one soon. If they are popping up here, they will be in Allegheny soon too.

by Anonymousreply 48September 1, 2020 2:37 AM

don't ask me, I live in the very most liberal zip code in philadelphia

by Anonymousreply 49September 1, 2020 2:37 AM

So we have a real PA yard sign troll and a phony PA yard sign troll. Typical..

Look, the country doesn't like Donald and he has to go. You lying about yard signs in PA isn't going to help him.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 50September 1, 2020 2:37 AM

Has anyone seen the lame Trump ad in which they pull ancient newsreels about the “scandal” that ensued when Biden misrepresented some of his academic accomplishments? Not only is it pot calling the kettle black, but it’s apparently the best anti Biden message they have come up with thus far. I’m afraid we might next learn he didn’t start recycling until 2005. Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 51September 1, 2020 2:38 AM

I lived in the suburbs of NY all my life and I never remember seeing political yard signs. This is really the barometer of something?

I've been a lifelong Dem and never put up a fucking yard sign because they are UGLY.

Trump's batshit fanbase are in your face, not really surprised they need a tacky flag in their yard. Biden supporters just want to vote for him and keep it moving. They don't need flags, truck caravans and all that nonsense. I think Biden's supporters are the silent majority who are content to vote and get Trump out anyway, anyhow. They don't need a participation trophy or a parade to do it.

by Anonymousreply 52September 1, 2020 2:39 AM

Trump's ads have gone silent in Michigan.

Biden has been outspending Trump by like 5 to 1 and it's making the Repubs nervous.

by Anonymousreply 53September 1, 2020 2:40 AM

R46 that would be western Pennsylvania, specially south western Pennsylvania, and to be more specific, the Marcellus Shale Basin, which if YOU weren't posting from Minsk you'd know this is Appalachia so we're not talking about politically savvy voters.

And, yes, it is impacting polls. If it weren't Biden wouldn't have mentioned fracking in his speech today since it's hugely unpopular with the progressive wing of the party.

by Anonymousreply 54September 1, 2020 2:40 AM

Chump's favorable rating among independent voters in PA is 37 percent. His job approval rating among independents is 40 percent.

by Anonymousreply 55September 1, 2020 2:41 AM

Huh? R47 I only have one account. I post on either my iPad or iMac. I’m posting on my iPad now. I also posted last night on the Michael Moore thread. I used my iMac. I only have one account and am signed in on both my Mac and iPad.

I’ll post on my iMac to this thread and see if it’s becuase I’m on 2 devices?

by Anonymousreply 56September 1, 2020 2:42 AM

Who cares about this cunt who sees Trump signs everywhere in her trailerpark.

by Anonymousreply 57September 1, 2020 2:43 AM

ok r47 this is me on my iMac. Its the same account.

by Anonymousreply 58September 1, 2020 2:44 AM

Yes, r51, I've seen that out here and it's an incredibly stupid commercial. I laugh when I see it. Not sure the I get the point of the guy with the most skeletons in his closet pointing out what amounts toma white lie out of Biden.

2016PAYST... I'll keep my eyes on the McMansions out here and will let you know.

by Anonymousreply 59September 1, 2020 2:45 AM

I see a lot of Trump Pence 2020 bumper stickers in my blue county.

by Anonymousreply 60September 1, 2020 2:45 AM

The Trump ad attacking Biden’s intellectual snobbery is perfect for his voters. They despise being looked down upon for being anti-intellectual poorly educated working class people.

by Anonymousreply 61September 1, 2020 2:49 AM

R47 I just checked and "ignored" myself. Maybe I have an impersonator.

I'm the one from 2016. Maybe there is a new one now? I don't know. The only recent thread I posted on was the Michael Moore thread, and I think I posted on the recent General Election Poll thread.

I don't usually post much, but I have posted the past few days.

by Anonymousreply 62September 1, 2020 2:49 AM

I can report in Ohio near CLE more Biden signs than Trump

by Anonymousreply 63September 1, 2020 2:49 AM

Well, look on the bright side...you get this thread closed and we're just going to talk about it in the general election threads.

by Anonymousreply 64September 1, 2020 2:56 AM

Not surprising since it's Cleveland R63.

by Anonymousreply 65September 1, 2020 2:56 AM

Why was the thread closed R64? it looks lined out to me

by Anonymousreply 66September 1, 2020 2:58 AM

That usually means it's going to get FF till it's closed. But as I said there's always the main threads.

by Anonymousreply 67September 1, 2020 2:59 AM

R52

"I lived in the suburbs of NY all my life and I never remember seeing political yard signs. This is really the barometer of something? "

It's not.

New voter registrations are much more significant. The link below has a story about registration data for Pennsylvania.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 1, 2020 2:59 AM

The more Trump yard signs is a troll meme directly from Republican sites. It's making the rounds all over the internet this week.

by Anonymousreply 69September 1, 2020 3:00 AM

Are they doing this to cheer themselves up? I don't see its efficacy in achieving anything else.

by Anonymousreply 70September 1, 2020 3:03 AM

Actual Pennsylvania voter registration from a Pennsylvania paper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 1, 2020 3:03 AM

meh. I messed up that link somehow, I think, that I put in R68. I can't seem to post a link to that site's story. Here it is in text:

thehill.com/homenews/campaign/514480-democrats-lead-republicans-in-new-voter-registrations-in-four-battleground

It's a story from today.

by Anonymousreply 72September 1, 2020 3:04 AM

R70 no, back in 2016 people who lived in Pennsylvania kept saying that what we are seeing on the ground doesn't match up with the polls. We took a lot of shit for it but we were right.

by Anonymousreply 73September 1, 2020 3:05 AM

Sorry, ooze, but those numbers are off in that story.

by Anonymousreply 74September 1, 2020 3:06 AM

R74

Are they? How so?

by Anonymousreply 75September 1, 2020 3:07 AM

I volunteer and have donated regularly to Biden and would never put a sign in my yard. Tacky af. Plus, I don't want armed and half witted Trumpers coming at my home next time Anusmouth directs them to go shoot a liberal.

by Anonymousreply 76September 1, 2020 3:09 AM

Just 3

by Anonymousreply 77September 1, 2020 3:10 AM

Look at the link I posted in R71. Not sure where those numbers are coming from that NBC and The Hill are using.

And keep in mind, in central and western PA you have a lot of DINOs left over from the Murtha days

by Anonymousreply 78September 1, 2020 3:10 AM

Democrats are outpacing Republicans in new voter registrations in four key battleground states, according to figures from the Democratic data firm TargetSmart.

Arizona, Florida, North Carolina and Pennsylvania have collectively added millions of new voters to their roles since 2016. President Trump carried each of those states in the presidential election four years ago. But more of the new voters in those four battlegrounds are registering as Democrats than as Republicans, and many of them are younger, TargetSmart data shows.

The Democrats’ advantage in new voter registrations was first reported on Sunday by NBC News.

In Pennsylvania, some 961,106 new voters have registered since the 2016 presidential election. A plurality of those new voters — just under 45 percent — have registered as Democrats, while another 21 percent are unaffiliated with a party. Republican registrants, meanwhile, make up about 31 percent of new voters in the state.

That’s significant given President Trump’s narrow victory in Pennsylvania four years ago. He carried the state over Hillary Clinton by about 44,000 votes. Since then, Democrats have registered roughly 132,000 more new voters there than Republicans.

In North Carolina, about 1.3 million new voters have registered since 2016, 393,409 of which have registered as Democrats and 336,966 as Republicans. The largest bloc of new voters, at 583,003 are unaffiliated, according to the data.

Florida, the nation’s largest swing state, has seen a similar trend since 2016. The state has added some 2.43 million new voters to its roles over the past four years, with roughly one third of them registering as Democrats. Republicans currently trail them in new registrations by about 60,000 people, while unaffiliated voters make up a plurality of new registrants.

Democrats and Republicans are nearly neck and neck in Arizona. More than a million new voters have registered in the state since 2016, and Democrats currently have an advantage of about 11,000.

In each of the states, the new registrations are being driven largely by young voters, many of whom are choosing to register without a party affiliation yet tend to favor Democratic candidates.

In Florida, for example, nearly 37 percent of the 858,118 unaffiliated voters who have joined the roles since 2016 are under the age of 30, while about 12.5 percent are over the age of 65, according to TargetSmart data.

In Pennsylvania, a majority of new voters — nearly 53 percent — were between the ages of 18 and 29.

To be sure, voter registration numbers don’t necessarily translate to votes. Younger voters tend to vote at lower rates than their older counterparts. Republicans have also long had an edge over Democrats when it comes to actually turning out their voters, though that advantage largely disappeared in the 2018 midterm elections, when Democrats recaptured control of the House.

by Anonymousreply 79September 1, 2020 3:12 AM

We have yard signs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 1, 2020 3:13 AM

R79 is the article from The Hill that one guy tried to post a link to and another guy said was fucked up in some unspecified numerical way.

by Anonymousreply 81September 1, 2020 3:14 AM

OOZE, Another good read to better understand how PA votes and why some of usmhere focus on things like yard signs...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 1, 2020 3:15 AM

Those two are definitely Trumpers, R80. Typical, obvious Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 83September 1, 2020 3:15 AM

R81, it was very specific, I posted a link to the Philadelphia Inquirer that gives a detailed account of the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 84September 1, 2020 3:17 AM

R83, they were also arrested for mother/son incest recently and I’m not joking

by Anonymousreply 85September 1, 2020 3:17 AM

R70.. it all started here, and sort of spiraled through the election on DL where us PA posters were attacked and called Boris etc. I think we were all banned a few times. I know I was. There were 3 of us. Allegheny, Bucks and Pennslytucky

the old thread was started September 9th 2020 so it’s still early.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 1, 2020 3:18 AM

Are you sure about that date, R86, because....

by Anonymousreply 87September 1, 2020 3:20 AM

What a coincidence that two yard sign trolls emerge at the same time as this is all over 4chan.

by Anonymousreply 88September 1, 2020 3:20 AM

R80/R85, yes I know.

Incest, just like with Dump and Ivanka. They must feel such a kinship with POTUS and FDOTUS!

Trump voters, 100%

by Anonymousreply 89September 1, 2020 3:21 AM

For you, R81...

This is from the link at r71

Since 2016, Democrats added a net 30,506 registered voters, Republicans added 164,778, and third-party and unaffiliated registrations increased by 130,307.

And I see where The Hill went wrong...those aren't new voters in PA it's the difference between registered Democrats and Republicans, which doesn't work here because of the DINOs.

by Anonymousreply 90September 1, 2020 3:22 AM

As soon as somebody called them out on multiple accounts, they sprung different identities.

by Anonymousreply 91September 1, 2020 3:22 AM

R82

Thank you for the links.

by Anonymousreply 92September 1, 2020 3:23 AM

Where I'm from, yard signs are a sign of trash. No one of quality puts them out or discusses such matters publicly.

by Anonymousreply 93September 1, 2020 3:23 AM

No Problem, OOZE. I really enjoy following PA politics. I'm originally from NY and it's a completely different animal out here.

by Anonymousreply 94September 1, 2020 3:27 AM

Haha r87 sorry typo.

Btw, does anyone here remember Cecil Hillbottom?

Those posts were hysterical. I miss Cecil.

The Pa threads from m 2016 aren’t that hard to find. Here is another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 1, 2020 3:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 1, 2020 3:34 AM

R94

I hear you on that... I'm in another rustbelt state, Michigan, and spent most of my life in this state. But I lived in coastal metropolis cities for a while off-and-on through adulthood... different is an understatement.

A lot of people on the coasts lump together 'flyover states' (so condescending), but purple/swing state politics are really... oddly interesting/frustrating in some ways. So many crucial races are determined by thin margins and the political dynamics are just generally more dynamic and tenuous.

But anyways, all you DL-ers in Pennsylvania, register to vote asap please! www.pavoterservices.pa.gov

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 1, 2020 4:01 AM

Bucks County YST: I always suspected that Cecil Hillbottom turned into Your Millennial Friend.

by Anonymousreply 98September 1, 2020 4:15 AM

Many of the Trump voters in suburban Philly -classic working class whites - voted for Obama twice then voted for Trump. The “anti” vote mentality is a driver - just voting against the system not based on issues.

by Anonymousreply 99September 1, 2020 4:37 AM

r14 Venango

r15 Not only are they stealing the signs but one person stole several signs and then sent a letter to each of the addresses they stole the signs from begging people not to vote for Biden because we would become fascists. it was in our local paper. there have been stories almost everyday of Biden signs being stolen in the paper. but believe what you want.

by Anonymousreply 100September 1, 2020 11:36 AM

r14 I forgot to add that we have signs along the highways and in the fields too.

I also saw my first Jo Jorgensen sign yesterday in a yard

by Anonymousreply 101September 1, 2020 11:49 AM

r65 - yeah but this is outside of CLE - lots of trumpsters here - Just 20 mins west is Elyria a big ole pie of deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 102September 1, 2020 2:45 PM

Elyria is absolute trash city. One of the ugliest towns I've ever been in.

by Anonymousreply 103September 1, 2020 2:56 PM

I always feel emotional when I visit home - I have deep roots in western PA and eastern OH. I get weepy and want to live there again.

But then I am reminded of how terrible so many of the people there are, and how ugly huge swaths of the area are politically and just in general, and I keep running away......sadly.

by Anonymousreply 104September 1, 2020 3:02 PM

r103 /agree - I had to stop at the walmart there. IN the parking lot was a woman in a van with an american flag and a trump 2020 flag as she blared PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN and sang it at the top of her lungs - while her momma sat in the can with her phone ready to video any potential conflict to put on youtube.

I decided to fuck with her and pulled up to the next spot and blared Stupid Love to drown her out....she was pissed lol

by Anonymousreply 105September 1, 2020 3:09 PM

Has anyone ever voted for a candidate because of the number of signs they see? If so they are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 106September 1, 2020 3:10 PM

Yes R73, the polls were so wrong and you were so right that Trump just barely won PA with a lead well within the MOE of the polls going into the election.

by Anonymousreply 107September 1, 2020 3:16 PM

I'm making a sign to put out front that just says VOTE!

by Anonymousreply 108September 1, 2020 4:02 PM

Except, r107 we were saying it right after the convention when Clinton was well ahead in the polls and up until the election.

by Anonymousreply 109September 1, 2020 8:57 PM

R24 - I took pics this evening just for you - here ya go!

I took a couple more, but I just posted them on the thread about Trump being ahead in Ohio.

R99, I would argue that its not all about the working class whites that voted for Trump. Trump got the college educated male vote, and also got a higher percentage of college educated women in 2016 than expected. I also expect he will get the upper middle class suburban white vote because of the riots and looting.

btw..I am seeing more yard signs today. Just a few more. Still noting for Biden. I haven't traveled to the lower part of my county in a couple weeks. Maybe this weekend I'll drive down there. I expect to see more signs there - as its more of a working class blue collar area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 2, 2020 12:29 AM

R109..totally. Except once she decided to hold her rally in PA the night before the election, I knew she wasn't getting PA. I knew they were in a panic - so I posted this thread below and of course I was attacked..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 2, 2020 12:36 AM

"Bucks County Police.... yes, there is a strange man taking unauthorized photos of our property. Would you please send an officer right away. He's the one in the Ford Pinto and he has his hands on his hips and he's hissing."

by Anonymousreply 112September 2, 2020 12:41 AM

you're cute r112,

Its a BMW not a Pinto.

by Anonymousreply 113September 2, 2020 12:44 AM

R109/R111, get down off the cross, we need the wood. Nothing you said then or now demonstrates the polls were wrong, then or now. Heading into the election, the aggregate polling in PA had Clinton at +1 or +2, Trump won with +0.7. If the signs were a better indicator than the polls, based on what you were claiming in 2016, Trump should have taken PA in a landslide. So please, get over yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 114September 2, 2020 12:48 AM

Trump's going to lose PA. Trump is losing everywhere that normal people live.

He can't even hold it together for a day.

by Anonymousreply 115September 2, 2020 3:14 AM

Is anyone keeping track of virtual yard signs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 2, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote]Trump's going to lose PA. Trump is losing everywhere that normal people live.

Maybe but there are a high number of country bumpkins in PA. Between Philly and Pittsburgh, it's hick country. These people are not ~normal.

by Anonymousreply 117September 2, 2020 2:33 PM

It was a big talking point in PA R106, not sure why. Do a search on Google for news stories about PA yard signs and you'll find several small town PA newspapers talking about it from 2016 through today. Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 118September 2, 2020 2:45 PM

Monmouth is pretty biased, I'm interested in what they'll say but can't forget that in July they released their poll results with "Biden leads but there's probably a secret Trump vote" as the title, obvious what they were doing.

Morning Consult has Biden up 4 in PA.

Ipsos and Suffolk have Biden +7.

Unlike Trump vs Clinton, there hasn't yet been a time when Trump has gotten close to or even surpassed Biden in PA polls yet. It was Trump's rare but noticeable leads a few times in PA during the election in 2016 that made people theorize that PA was closer than suspected. So far, that hasn't happened with Biden. The closest Trump has gotten with aggregate polling so far is within 2.3 points of Biden, and that was back in April.

It's still early-ish but as of right now the only tangible worry is that the Pennsyltucky areas will swing harder for Trump as we get closer to the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 2, 2020 2:50 PM

I don't think anything is a given, but Joe Biden is not Hillary Clinton. Joe can talk to those PA folks in their own language. He's not gonna flip any true blue Trumpsters, but they're too far gone anyway. It's the fence sitters and the former Obama voters who are the target and I think Joe can really speak to them.

by Anonymousreply 120September 2, 2020 2:58 PM

I suspect that a lot of those so-called Obama-to-Trump voters were GenXers who got old and scared and went conservative, just like the Boomers did.

Looking at Statistia, roughly 52% of GenXers voted Dem in 2012, and it dropped to 46% in 2016. At age 40, the vote flips from being majority Dem to going majority Repug.

If it's a case of a demographic moving right as it gets older, I'm not sure we're going to get those votes back. Fortunately Biden is doing well with seniors and that may help mitigate some of this.

by Anonymousreply 121September 2, 2020 3:09 PM

Monmouth dropped their poll, Biden up by 4, just like in the latest Morning Consult poll.

I agree with this assessment that the +13 we saw at one point was an outlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 2, 2020 3:11 PM

Just from the way a lot of this has shaken out, I think we all underestimated just how unpopular Hillary was. It will be interesting to see if she is brought out for any campaigning. Nothing against her, because I really do like her.

by Anonymousreply 123September 2, 2020 3:18 PM

R117, yes, As James Carville said: Pennsylvania is Philly and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between.

R118, that's small-town politics. It's why you'd see Obama at state fairs and local rotary club like events.

R119,. You're too funny. No, two polls in 2016, with one of them coming right before the election, is not why we here were theorizing that Trump was doing better than people thought. We knew it from what we were seeing on the ground. Do I think Trump will win PA a second time? No, but it's going to be another close one.

by Anonymousreply 124September 2, 2020 3:23 PM

R124, I do think Trump will win PA a second time, by more of a margin than in 2016. I thought this well before the riots though. The riots just increase his chances.

I think Wolf turned off a large majority of democrat small business owners off by how he handled corona. I worked a lot with small business owners and our local government in the re-opening of our county, their distaste for Wolf and his red, yellow, and green methods when re-opening spilled over to their support of Trump. Many of these people were clearly democrats that were seeing "Wolf ruin their livelihoods" while allowing big box stores to still operate. They do not blame the current state of the economy on Trump. They blame it on Wolf. There are 1 million small businesses in PA. These people are the ones that will reject Biden being the one to charge of the economic recovery. And now, to add to that is the looting and riots that people see on TV and the internet all day. That just adds to Bidens chances of losing PA.

by Anonymousreply 125September 2, 2020 5:42 PM

You are a Trump supporter R125. Your thinking is already compromised.

by Anonymousreply 126September 2, 2020 5:45 PM

R125 what seemed to be driving a lot of the recent concern in my part of our little state was fear that Biden would put frackers out of work. It was no coincidence that Biden did his speech from Pittsburgh on Monday where he specifically addressed fracking. I think Biden's campaign has polling that shows him about even with Trump now in the state. Trump's ads on defunding the police didn't gain much traction out here, but his ads that Biden wants to shut down the fracking industry sure had an impact. Hopefully, his unequivocally stating that he's not shutting down fracking will swing things the other way, but it's too soon to tell.

by Anonymousreply 127September 2, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote]I think Biden's campaign has polling that shows him about even with Trump now in the state.

If that is the case, then Trump's internal polling would be similar. And Trump has not leaked any internal polls .

by Anonymousreply 128September 2, 2020 6:01 PM

R128, they did. The Monmouth poll from today is an internal polling showing Biden within the MOE. I'd be willing to bet Biden has better polling too.

Oh, and R125 BucksYST... absolutely there's Covid fatigue out here too. And you're right, support for Wolf and the shut down has been dropping. Biden needs to be careful when he says he'd shut things down again, it's not as popular as it once was here.

People need to understand that when the NY and Philly metros surged in April, Western PA was shut down when the virus was largely contained out here. Philly had the problem, but not so much central and western PA. Quite a few businesses went under, including a number old family run, neighborhood businesses that had been around for decades.

Then things reopened and the young folks out here started living their lives without taking precautions and we surged out here in Western PA and things shut down a second time and more businesses went under. The issue was the 20 sometimes not social distancing while going out.

There's no appetite out here for a third shutdown. What has support is localized shutdowns.

by Anonymousreply 129September 2, 2020 9:53 PM

I remember when the shutdown first started, Gov Wolf wanted to close the laundromats. He was basically accused of class warfare for that. Unsurprisingly, the next day he amended his list of businesses that he was forcing to close, and the laundromats stayed open.

by Anonymousreply 130September 3, 2020 2:38 PM

R130, He just did an about face on allowing spectators at highschool sports.

by Anonymousreply 131September 3, 2020 3:01 PM

R130 - it was also Wolfs "waiver list" which for the most part was kept confidential, especially in it's early stages. Wolf was able to pick and choose what businesses were allowed to re-open by issuing them these waivers.

Also recent changes to things like bars - while still only allowing 25 percent capacity indoors or outdoors, one must now order a meal when ordering a drink. He specified what types of foods were to be considered meals. All drinks had to be on the same receipt/transaction as the meal. All these little things, and changes which to most made things harder - snacks aren't considered meals. - this forced some establishments to close. Others tried to get creative with selling hot dogs as meals.

Not to mention the nursing home fiasco...where COIVD patients were sent to nursing homes by the DOH, All while Rachel Levine got her mother out of a nursing home, and into a hotel. When you send COVID patients into a nursing home that houses the most vulnerable population, it will spread like wildfire. It also contributed significantly to the death count. But we can never question Rachel Levine here..

Rachel for months talked to us like toddlers, telling us to sing happy birthday twice as we wash our hands. Rachel was/is calling the shots here in PA, why I don't know. She isn't an infection disease specialist, she's not an epidemiologist. She is a child psychiatrist specializing in eating disorders....so what are her qualifications for making these decisions? Couldn't Wolf hire someone more qualified to navigate COVID for a population of 12 million?...

he could have...but he wanted Rachel to be the face of the DOH.

There are just a lot of reasons why people are over Wolf and Co. - This will spill over, creating more Trump support for the election.

by Anonymousreply 132September 3, 2020 4:21 PM

Hey Bucks YST... You following Latrobe?

by Anonymousreply 133September 4, 2020 12:45 AM

Greensburg and Latrobe are sadly in Trumplandia.

Fred Rogers would weep.

by Anonymousreply 134September 4, 2020 12:48 AM

Well, yes, Carville will say Alabama.

I'm more dismayed that a local Pittsburgh station live tweeted the rally and never challenged one lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 4, 2020 12:53 AM

Out-state Minnesota has a lot of Trump signs. Few in Minneapolis. Very few Biden signs anywhere. A few Biden bumper stickers.

by Anonymousreply 136September 4, 2020 1:37 AM

A significant increase in Trump signs in past few days. ZERO NEW Biden signs. This is bad. If Biden can even win PA, the US deserves Trump and I’m going to just stop caring.

by Anonymousreply 137September 4, 2020 3:25 AM

Not to worry, R137. The Trumpers at the rally in Latrobe were maskless and packed like sardines. This was after tailgating for hours. So COVID ought to kill off enough of them and their Trump voting family members (all with yard signs, I'm sure) before they're able to vote in person. This will help to help lower the number of votes he'll get in that state. #ThanksTrump #ThanksLatrobe👍👍

by Anonymousreply 138September 4, 2020 3:33 AM

I can only hope so, r138, the people out that way are like the banjo player in Deliverance.

BTW:. Democratic nominee can use some help. It's going to be a close race so if anyone can spare a few dollars, please throw them Conor Lamb's way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 4, 2020 4:00 AM

I'm confused by the Yard Sign Trolls. Which one is the Trumpster? Where do the other ones land?

by Anonymousreply 140September 4, 2020 4:03 AM

I'm the Western PA Yard Sign Troll and I'm for Biden. Always have been. Conor Lamb reps the district right next door, literally, just across the rivers, and he could use help.

by Anonymousreply 141September 4, 2020 4:24 AM

Hi r133, Bucks YST here.

I did hear Trump was in Westmoreland County this evening. I did not see his speech online. Heard the crows were pretty big though.

I expect he will come back to Newtown sometime soon. The guy that owns my gym, Jim Worthington, is one of Trumps delegates and is also on his health and fitness council. He hosted a Trump rally in 2016. Fun fact: when Trump called Jim and asked that he host the rally on like 2 days notice, Jim said sure, but only if I get 20 minutes with Trump. So... Trump said ok. Jim met with Trump, and a fellow gym member named Matt. Matt had ALS. They spent 20 minutes talking about a bill called “the right to try” - one that hadn’t been going anywhere, even though it had been introduced to the house a while ago. When Trump won, he got things in motion with the right to try, and it was passed in congress and senate - Say what you will, but the right to try act is one of the best things he’s done as President.

R140, I’m the Yard Sign Troll from Bucks County. I’m a small business owner who is voting for a Trump.

I spent the day doing a home renovation DIY project so I haven’t left my house. Didn’t get to drive around and look for more signs. I plan on being out and about tomorrow, so I’ll report back if I see more trump signs. -or perhaps a lone Biden sign... still haven’t seen one of those (not even a Biden bumper sticker)

by Anonymousreply 142September 4, 2020 4:49 AM

I just donated $25 to Conor, r141.

by Anonymousreply 143September 4, 2020 8:45 AM

Trump is going to lose PA.

by Anonymousreply 144September 4, 2020 12:55 PM

Thanks, R143!

by Anonymousreply 145September 4, 2020 2:49 PM

He really is r144. None of these sign trolls gets it. We don’t put Biden signs up because we fear the out of control Dumpsters. And for good reason. They’re maniacal in their support and don’t care about facts. They truly are a cult. I ordered a Biden bumper sticker and was adamantly told by my family (all Dump haters/Biden supporters) that I was under no circumstances to put the sticker on my car.

by Anonymousreply 146September 4, 2020 3:06 PM

People like r146 just don't get it. Midwestern politics is a creature unto itself and is easy to read if you know what it is you're looking at.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 4, 2020 3:54 PM

R147, I don’t think what I said contradicts the Guardian story. I don’t even live in western PA., so I’m not sure what point you’re making. I live in the Philadelphia area and I can tell you, we are afraid of what the Dumpsters here might do.

I think you’re a secret Dump supporter. Are we getting better trolls, maybe? We’ve arrived!

by Anonymousreply 148September 4, 2020 5:31 PM

R148, sure fire sign of a troll is to accuse someone of trolling with no proof. I'd be willing to bet that I go back longer on DL than you do? And, any poster here that was around the last election will tell you that I was one of 4 yard sign trolls. I thnk one has moved on, but I recall the Bucks guy from then and I think the Butler guy was the other Western PA poster from back then.

by Anonymousreply 149September 4, 2020 5:39 PM

R149, I think you’re a troll. Actually I think you’re a Dump supporter in disguise. My opinion. You posted something that appears to contradict my earlier post... only it doesn’t. I told you why we won’t put signs Biden signs on our lawns or cars and you posted something about western PA politics. . Just because you’ve been on here since 1952 doesn’t mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 150September 4, 2020 5:45 PM

Again, you're accusing me of something that isn't accurate, which again is the sign of a troll as is derailing a thread. I won't be engaging you any further.

by Anonymousreply 151September 4, 2020 5:47 PM

R151 bye bye. I still think you’re a Dump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 152September 4, 2020 5:54 PM

Just an FYI...the general election thread was paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 153September 4, 2020 7:44 PM

What a pain in the ass, r153. I friggin started that thread, and I can’t post to it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 154September 4, 2020 8:52 PM

R151/Allegheny just ignore him.

R152, you must not have been here in 2016. You must be new here. Their were a few of us, me, Allegheny, and Pennslytucky. I’ve been on DL since the red dragon cheese days. You probably don’t know what that even is in reference to. I’ve been posting on DL for fifteen years. So don’t come here telling us that we are trolls. You’re the reason people can’t even have a discussion. Grow up. R151 is voting for Biden. He’s made that clear in numerous posts. I’m the one who is voting for Trump. I’m the poster from Bucks. You and people like you, are the reason I’m (mostly) a silent Trump voter. I’ll mention it here, on an anonymous forum, but only will discuss politics with a circle of small business owners and a few friends in my area. I tend to sit back, stay quiet on the topic, and merely observe - and what I’m observing is there is definitely more trump support than you might think here. It’s pretty simple to figure out why - and racism isn’t what’s driving it - despite you desperately wanting it to be.

I drove through lower bucks today (levitown/Bensalem/Trevose) which is more of a working class area. Trump signs are out. More than what’s here in central bucks. I easily saw a couple dozen. I didn’t see any flags though - these were the traditional yard sign that you stick in the grass. I assume people are buying the flags - they must cost more.

Not one Biden sign!

“ I ordered a Biden bumper sticker and was adamantly told by my family (all Dump haters/Biden supporters) that I was under no circumstances to put the sticker on my car.”

R146, I was curious, your posting history shows you’re in NE Philly. You’re telling me that you live in NE Philly and don’t have the balls to slap a Biden bumper sticker on your car? Grow a pair.

by Anonymousreply 155September 5, 2020 3:00 AM

R155, get a life and stop counting the Dump signs in your back yard. He’s not winning PA. Republicans have ALWAYS had more signs than Dems. That because they have small dicks.

by Anonymousreply 156September 5, 2020 3:09 AM

R156 - you are the troll here. Your posting history on other threads indicates that you have a bone to pick with the Pa posters from 2016. Still pissed Hillary lost? Get over it.

I’ll follow r151’s lead on this and not engage with you any further.

by Anonymousreply 157September 5, 2020 3:15 AM

I’m heartbroken, r157. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 158September 5, 2020 3:16 AM

Another shitty week for Donald Trump - bad poll numbers, no convention bounce, caught calling military vets suckers and losers, and this asshole busies himself driving around his neighborhood counting yard signs.

by Anonymousreply 159September 5, 2020 3:48 AM

Yard signs is a PA thing. The mayor of Pittsburgh tweeted something out today and in the comments was a discussion on yard signs.

by Anonymousreply 160September 5, 2020 4:57 AM

R160, yard signs are indicative of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 161September 5, 2020 8:15 PM

Hey Allegheny - I had to bookmark this thread. It keeps vanishing from my thread watcher and it takes forever to find it. I don't think it's searchable.

I finally saw a Biden Sign yesterday - on River Road in Yardley. My jaw literally dropped. It was on the very edge of where the road meets the grass. But seconds later on the same side of the road, 3 houses in a row had Trump signs on edge of their lawns. These were not flags. They were all the traditional yard signs. I'm betting this area is an area where candidates are allowed to have their local offices post signs. I'm not certain but I think all of the actual signs were posted on public property. (Trumps and Bidens) Because they were on the edge literally at the blacktop of the street. Accompanied by signs for Brian Fitzpatrick, and Christina Finello. Christine was placed next to Bidens sign, natch.

by Anonymousreply 162September 8, 2020 4:32 PM

BucksYST... I saw a handful of Biden signs over the weekend. We've had a recent spate of sign theft out here, so it's weird. Everyone is just so angry.

Don't know if you saw but Pittsburgh has made the news and the attention of Trump. We have this one dumbass BLM group ( the other BLM groups in the area don't even like this group) that likes to damage property and harass people. There's a video of them harassing an older couple who were dining. They drank their beer and broke some plates and another video with the same group fighting with a McDonald's employee. It's crazy.

Trump also had a "boat parade" in Monongahela. Turnout was surprisingly low for that area.

A Susquehanna poll came out today showing Biden up 2 in Pennsylvania. Yet people will still say we're wrong about what we're experiencing.

by Anonymousreply 163September 8, 2020 5:14 PM

R163/Alleghany Of course they are saying we are wrong. Its no different than 2016. Except I would have hoped that some would have learned not to dismiss us so quickly.

I didn't hear about the BLM group harassing the older couple. I think there will be a big backlash with BLM and the riots and looting. It's just inevitable. There may have been low turnout with your area boat parade - but turnout wasn't short here. Wildwood had a Trump boat parade that drew over 2400 boats. I think they were aiming to break a record. The Jersey shore is where Southeastern PAers go over the summer. So I am inclined to think a lot of those boaters came from the Philly burbs. We all heard about Texas, and some boats sinking - but these boat parades happened all over the country. Never in the history of a presidential election have I seen these types of parades (and enthusiasm from his supporters) for a candidate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 8, 2020 5:39 PM

I likely live in the bluest part of the state, near south philly. I see a Biden sign in almost every window, even signs that say, "REMOVE THE TRAITOR" and one, "FUCK TRUMP".

We are the reason the rest of the state hates us

by Anonymousreply 165September 8, 2020 5:44 PM

Awesome, R165) It's fun to hear from people across the state.

Bucks: God, it's been forever since I've been to Wildwood.

by Anonymousreply 166September 8, 2020 5:48 PM

R165...interesting. Because some guy claiming to live in NE Philly says his liberal pro Biden family won't allow him to put a Biden bumper sticker on his car. Which I find very hard to believe..

by Anonymousreply 167September 8, 2020 5:48 PM

r166 - Me too. I haven't been to the Jersey shore since I was a kid

by Anonymousreply 168September 8, 2020 5:49 PM

I don't know if it's true because I saw it on Twitter. I heard that Trump gives away yard signs for free and you have to buy Biden signs. Does anyone know if that's true?

by Anonymousreply 169September 8, 2020 7:18 PM

I have seen Trump supporting groups here in Western PA give away yard signs, r169. I'm not aware of the campaign, itself, giving them away though...not saying it's not happening with the campaign, I'm just not aware of it.

by Anonymousreply 170September 8, 2020 7:29 PM

I’m not sure if they are giving away signs. I know the large Trump flags you have to buy. I’ve seen more flags than traditional signs.

by Anonymousreply 171September 8, 2020 8:17 PM

R167, it’s not because we’re overwhelmed with Dump supporters. It’s just the ones that are there are assholes. Check out the poll below. They actually cite your suburban voters as being strong for Biden.

You have to stop counting just the signs in your yard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 9, 2020 12:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 9, 2020 2:42 PM

yikes

by Anonymousreply 174September 9, 2020 2:44 PM

Funny thing about Nate's tweet is that we were more right than he was in 2016.

And I started getting shit on DL when I wrote, "I roll my eyes at polls tht show Biden up 11 and 10 points in Pennsylvania and that he's more likely polling within the MOE". Remind me....where is he polling now?

by Anonymousreply 175September 9, 2020 3:51 PM

R175, we’re rolling our eyes at you.

by Anonymousreply 176September 9, 2020 4:29 PM

Incident like this one might have some impact on the Yard-Sign-in-PA issue:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 9, 2020 5:24 PM

Maybe in the rest of the state, but the group that did this as well as the McDonald's incident are well-known in Pittsburgh as being nutbags.

The real game changer is going to be the Trump Tapes...and it's not going to go in Trump's favor.

by Anonymousreply 178September 9, 2020 5:55 PM

Just curious and without judgement, to the Yard Sign Troll who is the Trumper. Have any of the revelations in the Mary Trump, Cohen and now Woodward book had any affect on your position about Trump? Do you still plan to vote for him. Again, just curious.

by Anonymousreply 179September 9, 2020 6:01 PM

R179 - those issues don't effect my position. As a small business owner, I am voting for Trump. I'm at the point where I am tuning out a lot of noise in regards to all of these "bombshells" - as with any election, these things all seem to be timed in Sept/October. I'm not paying much attention to it. The people I do discuss Trump with, mostly fellow business owners, also aren't paying much attention to these things.

If anything when I heard about the Woodward book - and some of it's contents, where he states the end of January Trump played down the virus to the public - my thoughts were - I wonder how Nancy Pelosi and Cuomo will spin this? These 2 were telling people to come down to Chinatown in March, and accused Trump of racism when he halted China travel in February. But I expect them to still blame Trump for the virus... the hypocrisy is nauseating.

Its also like - what is Trump suppose to say to the people? Does he want everyone to panic? While playing down the virus, he also did make a point to tell people that it effects people who are older and with pre-existing conditions. And it definitely effected older people - Wolf and Cuomo made sure their nursing home policies caused a lot of unnecessary deaths within that population.

And then I think of this - In January/Feb, WHO predicted 2 million deaths in the US. Considering that hasn't happened, its a good thing Trump didn't create panic. Because then people would accuse him of scaring the American people. Looking realistically at the Virus, we have 6 million cases and only 200K deaths. I think he made a good call shutting down travel, while at the same time not trying to panic the public. I don't think it was smart for the democrats to accuse him of racism for shutting down travel, and encourage gatherings at parades to "stick it to Trump" ...

So those are my thoughts on most of these bombshells. I don't pay much attention to them, and I don't think they will effect Trump the election.

R175/Allegheny - I think Nate trolls DL. I don't really pay much attention not the polls - they are all over the place. In 2016, Trump was never really ahead at any given time - so why pay attention now? Also, just by reading the poll questions they are definitely created to show the narrative the media that is sponsoring the polls WANT them to show..

Btw, Alleghany we have a stalker. There is another thread that I saw this morning where the OP is expecting WE apologize to him because Biden is up in PA in Quinnapac poll. What part about not relying solely on polls do these posters not understand? We didn't rely on the 2016 polls (and stated as much through most of the election), so when would we rely on the 2020 polls? This is about knowing your area, knowing your community - and watching the atmosphere on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 180September 9, 2020 7:25 PM

Jesus Christ, R180. Just kill yourself.

I don't understand how you own a business, you're reasoning is at best slow adult, inbred retard territory. Like most of the Trump cult. I bet you're fat and old too.

Meanwhile, to the normal people in the crowd, these revelations will matter. Especially in the suburbs and especially with those suburban moms scared to send their kids to school.

by Anonymousreply 181September 9, 2020 7:38 PM

Thank you for your response PA Yard Sign Troll.

by Anonymousreply 182September 9, 2020 7:43 PM

r182, of course. I appreciate your ability to be civil without the need to resort to name calling - just because we aren’t voting the same way.

R181: welcome to your tape.

by Anonymousreply 183September 9, 2020 9:13 PM

Just goes to show Trump supporters don't want to know the truth. They just like to spin whatever fantasy they want to live in.

by Anonymousreply 184September 9, 2020 9:17 PM

r184 - Its naive to think we are being told the truth - by either party. Stop living in THAT fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 185September 9, 2020 9:34 PM

[quote] Its naive to think we are being told the truth - by either party. Stop living in THAT fantasy.—BucksYST

Both sides are the same! Dont vote for either side!

by Anonymousreply 186September 9, 2020 9:36 PM

I drove through a small part of central PA last weekend (Altoona/Tipton/Tyrone) and there was a house in Tyrone that was literally adorned with Trump-Pence signs. The roof, the porch, the yard -- anywhere and everywhere you could put one. I would've laughed if it hadn't been so sad.

by Anonymousreply 187September 9, 2020 10:34 PM

Hmm, anyone who writes

[quote]’you're reasoning is at best slow adult’

is in no position to call others ‘slow’, i don’t think

by Anonymousreply 188September 10, 2020 6:33 AM

R188, it was a simple auto correct typo that happens all the time. Your comment on the other hand, had a few mistakes that were on purpose. Who REALLY needs to be self aware?

by Anonymousreply 189September 10, 2020 12:44 PM

R187, that area is full of "special" people. The school bus fleet is mainly short buses in those parts.

by Anonymousreply 190September 10, 2020 7:22 PM

Has anyone in this thread gotten any calls from pollsters? I got a call yesterday, although I don't think it was a real poll, because it was only 3 questions. Someone calling regarding Wendy Thomas. I have AT&T so the call came in with the "political call" warning. He knew my first and last name. I was a little hesitant, and he could tell. I was asked -

Who I was voting for president -I just said "not Biden" his response was "I'll put you down as undecided" - this is what he said. He then asked me about Wendy Thomas, who I would vote for state rep, and what issues I felt were important in regards to voting for state rep.

by Anonymousreply 191September 11, 2020 2:39 AM

I haven't but my neighbor has, BYST.

by Anonymousreply 192September 11, 2020 5:29 PM

A few more trump signs have started to pop up around here. I do think there are more here now, than 2016. There are NOT tons of signs by any means - but they are there.

Despite seeing one Biden sign last week - that I think was on public property, I have not seen anymore.

Interesting article about bucks county below. I’m in the central part of the county where things seem to be more evenly divided.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 12, 2020 2:10 PM

The suburbs in Philadelphia are concerned about the crime and lawlessness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 13, 2020 1:49 PM

Sorry I didn’t realize I had posted this already.

by Anonymousreply 195September 13, 2020 1:50 PM

Hey BYST

I'm starting to see more Trump signs here too.

The encouraging news for Biden though was a record number of mail in ballots have been requested.

by Anonymousreply 196September 13, 2020 3:01 PM

I live in a suburb of Philly and on my drive to work the Biden signs are at least 3 to every 1 Trump. I drive through a very wealthy area.

by Anonymousreply 197September 13, 2020 3:10 PM

That's encouraging, r197. I'm in Western PA, which has gotten redder over the years.

by Anonymousreply 198September 13, 2020 3:17 PM

Hey f196 I’m seeing more trump signs too. Also, and I’ll post this tonight - I’ve been following nextdoor - we have a neighborhood lead that always shuts down any political discussion. She must be ignoring the app. Because we have one that’s continued for a day or so. Anyway - it’s very interesting to see the reactions for Pro Trump posts - they by far out number pro Biden reactions.

R197 what suburb? I’ve only ever seen one Biden sign on river road in Yardley. That was last week. I also think it’s on public property. Trump signs have definitely popped up More here especially over this weekend - upper makefield/solebury area of bucks.

Allegheny- One thing about Nates tweet you referenced above, and I don’t think Nate “gets it” it’s not that trump voters are shy, per se it’s that they are silent depending on their environment. Silent and shy are two different things. At a trump rally the silent trump voter is in a crowd where he/she isn’t shamed for who they intend to vote for. I also think it depends on where they live. I think deep red areas you don’t have silent trump supporters. I think in more evenly divided areas (like bucks seems to be) you definitely have them.

People also that are small business owners tend to keep their politics more private, if their smart - they don’t want to alienate customers or face “being cancelled”

by Anonymousreply 199September 13, 2020 7:35 PM

Seeing mostly Trump signs - Chester County which is supposedly the center of the shift to Dems. The old time white folks who are being overrun by McMansion developments are going out of their way to proclaim their Trump loyalty much more than in 2016. Shocked and scared as I drive around. It feels like the beginnings of Nazi Germany /Putinism - the normalization of insanity /illegality / racism.

by Anonymousreply 200September 13, 2020 8:25 PM

PA County will make up for the rednecky/hick parts of the state.

by Anonymousreply 201September 13, 2020 8:32 PM

Sure r201, Just like they did in 2016. Oh wait...

by Anonymousreply 202September 13, 2020 8:41 PM

[quote]People also that are small business owners tend to keep their politics more private, if their smart - they don’t want to alienate customers or face “being cancelled”

BYST: in late April or May, it's all a big blend, there was one of those reopen the state rallies that Trump was backing. One of the local business people (he owned a few clubs in Pittsburgh, one of which was known for drag shows) participated and went to great lengths to hide his identity. He wore a Guy Fawkes type mask and IIRC a Geroge Washington type jacket. Someone recognized his girlfriend who was with him (she was also in a mask) and the guy ended losing business. The sponsor of the drag shows wrote a beautifully written and public rebuke and pulled out using his clubs in the future. People on social media were surprised he's a Trump supporter and vowed never to patronize his clubs again.

So long story short... there's merit to what you say if you live in a swing county.

Speaking of which, Chester County @ R200, you're in the part of the state that's supposed to decide the election so the pressure is on you're corner of PA!

by Anonymousreply 203September 13, 2020 8:45 PM

It's not 2016 any longer you traitor.

by Anonymousreply 204September 13, 2020 8:48 PM

Delaware County, R199.

by Anonymousreply 205September 13, 2020 9:42 PM

Not surprised about Delaware county, but I am surprised about Chester. Clinton won Chester by 10 points - I wouldn’t expect to see a lot of Trump signs there but these are strange times

I have a story to share and I’ll do that tonight when I get home and have more time. It has to do with a racist situation at an establishment in my town... and what (surprisingly) followed with the locals.

by Anonymousreply 206September 13, 2020 10:09 PM

R203/Allegheny I’m not surprised about the guy losing his business. I feel like so many people stay quiet because they are afraid to be shamed - or worse - have it effect their livelihoods.

So when people insist their are no silent trump voters - they aren’t paying attention, at all.

by Anonymousreply 207September 13, 2020 10:21 PM

You should be shamed and you should lose your business. That's what you get for supporting a fascist, racist nutjob. And if there were so many Trump supporters out there, you shouldn't be losing business, you should be rolling in money.

by Anonymousreply 208September 14, 2020 1:42 AM

Some people hated W when he was president, but I don't recall anyone boycotting businesses who supported W. I guess where I'm going with this is, is supporting Trump really worth it? Has he made the environment so good for small business that you can overlook everything else? If you are ashamed to admit that you support him, what does that say about him as candidate and you as a person.

That's why I respect those MAGA people at his rallies. They are out there and unafraid. Stop being a chickenshit. If you support him, then support him openly.

by Anonymousreply 209September 14, 2020 1:55 AM

R209 - that’s the danger of the cancel culture and excessive PC - ness. People’s biases don’t just go away. - they just come out at the ballot box. Maybe even more so since they feel they are being shit down in public. Hence the view of liberals as fascists.

by Anonymousreply 210September 14, 2020 2:58 AM

r208/r209 - your way of thinking is the reason why there are silent Trump supporters. The "left" has become too far left - people have grown tired of the tantrums. The easiest way to avoid them is to be quiet and ignore your antics. Do you think Biden is perfect - he's made more racist comments than Trump has. Fascist? - Take a good look at what the left has become. It's almost projection on your part.

Look at r181 for example. Who wants to deal with that hysterical nonsense? I answered a question from another poster. I was not speaking to him. Yet look at his response. Who says stuff like that to someone they don't know? Who says stuff like that to someone they DO know? Talk about intolerant. These comments certainly don't "win people over" and make people want to be on his "Biden team". He seems to forget - this is America. We have the right to vote - and we have a right to vote for whichever candidate we choose. I do not need to justify my vote to you, or to R181. And I'm NOT ASKING YOU to justify YOUR vote to me. A quick look at his posting history shows he has only ever lived in one place - a suburb of NY. I assume he is either very young, and hasn't left home yet - or is older, lacking appropriate social skills, and still living in moms basement.

It's like so many people here live in a bubble. I live in Bucks, I was born here, but spent my 20's and 30's living in a few major cities - New York, Boston, Los Angeles. I loved all of those cities for different reasons, and I feel like I had a good exposure to different environments, different ways of thinking and people who came from all different types of backgrounds. Now, in my 40's I moved back to Bucks to be closer to my family. I also am old enough to remember that this country didn't use to be this way. All of this started when Hillary lost.....all of the tantrums and nonsense. All of the hysteria coming from - I won't even use the word democrats - I'll just say the extreme far left. They have taken over the democratic party. I don't want to be a part of that. This is not the democratic party I knew. Trump certainly is not the ideal candidate - I'm not a "Trump" lover. But I am a Trump voter by default. (the fault of the democrats NOT putting up a strong candidate)

Alleghany - We had an incident over the weekend A local breakfast place had a racist sign in their restaurant. I think it had been hanging there for years. I have never been in this restaurant, but the sign was discovered a week ago and it was posted online. What WAS shocking to me, is that in liberal New Hope, people seemed pretty divided on their thoughts. There were literally 1000 posts on facebook about it .You had a group of people basically wanting the place cancelled (most of those people were from across the river in lambertville) , and a large group of people saying that the whole thing was ridiculous. They held a protest over the weekend - and only a dozen people showed up. R208 - you want to know what happened - his restaurant was packed with LOCAL patrons showing their support for him as a business. So yeah - he was labeled a Trump supporter and was rolling in the money this weekend - in one of the most liberal towns in PA. Maybe if we had less people like r181 - more people would feel like they could voice their opinions. Interestingly I guess the protestors decided to give it another go this evening. On my way home tonight I was driving on a busy street and saw a bunch of people on the side of the road waving flags. I thought to myself - oh it must be some informal Trump thing. As I got closer I noticed about 6 people - with "BLM" signs and large flags. But not one Honk of support. A complete 180 from the Trump flag story I wrote about upthread. I don't think its that people don't support the concept of BLM - it's just they don't support that it's being taken over by these rich white kids that just want to cause mayhem. I think people have just grown tired of it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211September 14, 2020 3:11 AM

Oh I forgot to add - he did take down the sign and posted an apology. I do think the sign was crazy to have hanging in a restaurant, or anywhere for that matter. And I wonder if it had been hanging there for years why no-one said anything sooner? But the fact that he had a good half of the community supporting him was shocking

by Anonymousreply 212September 14, 2020 3:24 AM

Bucks:. Honestly, it is surprising that the sign remained up for as long as it had. Yikes!

But, I do agree that cancel culture has gotten out of hand. It should have ended with the sign coming down and the apology (i do think an apology was warranted). Not sure what more people want after that.

by Anonymousreply 213September 14, 2020 3:47 AM

r213/Alleghany - here is follow up to my nextdoor observations.

We have a next-door lead that never allows for political posts - she deletes threads when they get political, especially if its pro trump. The other night someone posted that there were BLM protestors on their lawn at 2am. They were out of town and were notified by a neighbor. Allegedly, the police were called and did not show up. Talk of safety and politics came up.. This lead must have been asleep at the wheel because this thread stayed up for almost two days. It was deleted this evening. The "reason" for the deletion, is the lead claims it was an unverifiable "rumor"

ok - no biggie. But for the 36 hours it was allowed up I paid attention to the posts and the "reactions" - I give higher weight to the reactions then the actual posts. With a reaction no one gets baited into a discussion. People are more comfortable just click on a reaction icon than getting into it with a few of the posters. Most people that actually do post try to keep things on topic, for fear of deletion - but there are a few on both sides of the political spectrum that try to argue, and argue with everyone.

Someone posted "Trump 2020" - I paid attention to the reactions, because keep in mind, I live in an area where Hillary only won by a half percentage point. It had more reactions than any other post on the thread. 31 reactions. Overwhelmingly pro trump - 2 "plus 1" reactions - meaning they agree, 23 Heart reactions (they love the post) only one sad reaction, and 5 "haha" reactions.

NO these aren't yard signs - but these are also good things to watch out for. Kind of like a neighborhood poll...I did a screen shot and compiled it to show what I'm talking about.

I took screen shots of the reactions this afternoon, because once I saw the ratio of reactions I knew it would be deleted soon (our next door lead can act like DL acted in 2016..). Then around this evening the thread was deleted. Hence a post asking why the thread was deleted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214September 14, 2020 5:06 AM

Again this stupid argument based on no facts that Trump voters are both loud mouthed, flag waving morons, and also 'silent' at the same time.

R209 has it right. If you are supporting Trump and all his incompetent, racist, fascist policies, be open it about it. If you are ashamed of who you are voting for, it says more about you and what your values are then anything else. Don't blame cancel culture. It's about who YOU ARE. You are ashamed and you know it.

Still waiting for a poll where Trump is leading.

by Anonymousreply 215September 14, 2020 2:03 PM

R215, Dump supporters don’t hide their Dump support. The only ones left ARE the loud, obnoxious, clueless ones.

by Anonymousreply 216September 14, 2020 2:18 PM

I just dont understand why that joke was even hung up. Its not that funny.

by Anonymousreply 217September 14, 2020 2:24 PM

I've been voting for (oh God) almost 30 years. And in that almost 30 years, I've voted for the lesser of two evils (in my mind) more often than not, and I am not someone who likes to put my politics on display, but I have never voted for someone who I was ashamed to admit I voted for when asked. I agree with the R215. cancel culture is a cop out.

And that joke was in bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 218September 14, 2020 2:30 PM

r215 We never had a poll in 2016 that showed Trump leading in PA, did we? Why would you expect that now?

You can all say "cancel culture" is a cop out all you want - but in the era of cancel cultural most keep politics private and only disclose it to close friends and certain contacts. If you know me well, you'll know who I am voting for, because we can discuss it like grown adults. If you don't know me well - I won't share that information. In todays climate I wouldn't expect otherwise, especially with small business owners who have skin in the game.

Feds Breakfast doesn't care - but that may also be in part because he's selling his business. He's had his place up for sale before this all happened - so he has nothing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 219September 14, 2020 3:47 PM

That's not been my experience, R219. I'm open with my politics, as are most people I know, because I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Sounds like you do. You say you live in a swing state with tons of Trump supporters around you to the point where you go driving around counting Trump flags and yet you portray yourself as some kind of 'victim' of cancel culture put upon by the 'radical left?' Those Trump talking points may work among the dead brained MAGA crowd but it's not going to work here.

Come on. Get off your grievance cross and own your shit. All you do is blame everybody else for your vote and your decisions. It's a cop out and we all know it.

by Anonymousreply 220September 14, 2020 3:58 PM

Anyone live near Lancaster? There was a thread here about the police shooting but it seems to be gone

by Anonymousreply 221September 16, 2020 2:23 PM

r214 puts more stock into anecdotal yard signs and internet "reactions" than the professional polls of Pennsylvania for 2 years.

Thank god nobody can manipulate online identities, create sock puppet accounts or spam "reaction" buttons!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222September 16, 2020 4:15 PM

R222 - with next-door you can't have multiple accounts. They send a postcard to your house with a code to identify you prior to being signed up.

by Anonymousreply 223September 16, 2020 5:08 PM

Here R222 - your phone number also must match the number on your mobile plan. You cannot participate on next-door without being verified.

I'd say those reactions I posted are much more legitimate than the 20 WW'd you got on YOUR post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224September 16, 2020 5:11 PM

Nobody cares about Next Door. Your little suburban neighborhood of 30 people and their 'reactions' to somebody's dumb post is not reflective of the state. Anybody working in stats would tell you it's not representative of the total population and it's too small a sample. It's basically an opt-in panel of cranks like you. What about all of the people who aren't on Next Door because they have lives?

I can't believe this even needs to be explained to you.

by Anonymousreply 225September 16, 2020 5:44 PM

More trump signs are out. I have now seen only one more Biden sign. At least 2 dozen trump signs. In addition. Now more blue lives matter signs. They must have been professionally made and handed out over the last few days. I’m seeing a lot of them. Wonder if Lancaster had anything to do with that? I’m not close to Lancaster so not sure.

Some rioters are getting 1 million bail!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 17, 2020 1:27 PM

CNN Biden Town Hall with Anderson Cooper in Pennsylvania on now!

by Anonymousreply 227September 18, 2020 12:02 AM

Western PA Yard Sign Troll here...

Apparently there are some issues with the Biden store getting signs out to people. A number of people in my group ordered signs over a month ago and are still waiting. A note went out acknowledging a backlog and said the delay is due to Covid, De Joy and a high volume of orders.

by Anonymousreply 228September 18, 2020 2:31 AM

Hey Bucks...you still here?

by Anonymousreply 229September 21, 2020 4:44 PM

Hey r229 I’m here.

an update....a few days ago I was in MontoCo. Willow Grove Mall area heading back to Bucks. Driving down Davisville road, I saw what appeared to be an abnormal cluster of Biden signs. Three of them all a few houses from each other. One was even a Biden flag! Just like trumps, but with Biden’s name on it. I was shocked, almost queasy and suddenly felt feverish. I almost thought I caught corona in the air, being emitted from these signs. Then as I passed county line road, all was back to normal. I felt a wave of relief, when Trump signs started popping back up again. Lots on Bristol road. My fever then seemed to vanish as quickly as it came on. This was the day after Ruth died.

So my take -trump signs are all over here in bucks. Much more than in mont co. Montgomery is always more blue than bucks, but I had never seen such a display of Biden signs (three in total) in such a small radius.

I’m thinking this will be tight a very close election. I think trump still has a better shot at winning Pa, than Wisconsin and Michigan. I think getting results out of Pa will take days, if not over a week. This will be close. I still think I would rather be trump than Biden at this point - if you discount the polls and base things on personal observations.

by Anonymousreply 230September 22, 2020 5:30 AM

Зимо́й медве́ди обы́чно спят, потому́ что пого́да сли́шком холо́дная и нет еды́. Пока́ медве́дь спит, он мо́жет похуде́ть на 80 (во́семьдесят) килогра́мм! Ру́сские лю́ди о́чень похо́жи на медве́дей. Зимо́й они́ то́же стано́вятся медли́тельными и мно́го спят, потому́ что на у́лице сли́шком хо́лодно и темно́.

by Anonymousreply 231September 22, 2020 5:41 AM

Поэ́тому ру́сские лю́бят медве́дей и называ́ют их "ми́шки". Ми́ша - э́то талисма́н ле́тней олимпиа́ды 1980 (ты́сяча девятьсо́т восьмидеся́того) го́да в Москве́.

by Anonymousreply 232September 22, 2020 5:41 AM

Встре́ча с медве́дем мо́жет быть о́чень опа́сна. Ру́сские лю́ди лю́бят ходи́ть в лес и собира́ть грибы́ и я́годы. Они́ де́лают э́то с осторо́жностью, так как медве́ди то́же о́чень лю́бят я́годы и мо́гут напа́сть на челове́ка. Медве́дь ест всё: я́годы, ры́бу, мя́со и да́же насеко́мых. Осо́бенно он лю́бит мёд.

by Anonymousreply 233September 22, 2020 5:41 AM

Шу́тка про медве́дя.

by Anonymousreply 234September 22, 2020 5:42 AM

Hey Bucks, I've started to see a few more Biden signs so the campaign must have worked out their supply issues. Yard sign theft and vandalism continues to be a problem out here too.

One thing that startled me was on my way to TJs this weekend I passed through an area that is traditionally Democrats and saw a number of Trump signs. It was actually funny. It looked like yard sign wars...one yard would have a freakishly high number of Trump signs while the house next door met the challenge with Biden signs. And it wasn't just one house too.

by Anonymousreply 235September 22, 2020 3:57 PM

r235 = " Bucks"

by Anonymousreply 236September 22, 2020 5:29 PM

Nope, R236. Not "Bucks". You're welcome to report me to the all knowing Muriel who can tell from our IP addresses that we are different posters.

by Anonymousreply 237September 22, 2020 6:17 PM

I don’t know what Bucks YST is smoking but I was driving thru lower Bucks (supposedly Dump country) and saw maybe a handful of Dump signs. Houses that I know supported him in the past had nothing. He must be counting the signs in his head.

by Anonymousreply 238September 22, 2020 10:23 PM

R237/Allegheny

Just ignore him. That’s what I did. I’ve never blocked anyone on DL - until this thread. I blocked 2 posters on here.

I try not to post on political threads this go around - because I’m of a differing opinion and I would just get banned - but I read them all. I won’t be one of those posters that blocks their way into a bubble. But 2 posters on this thread are quite cray.

And it’s funny you mention sign wars. I was almost tempted to get a sign after seeing the 3 Biden signs in montCo... but I’m not “there” just yet. If it was in good fun, I’d participate if I end up with a pro Biden neighbor - I do have a ring cam, and motion activated floods with extra cams that cover a large area of my front property - I could put a sign up at this point and have footage of any funny business/vandalism..

I’ll wait and see. Since there are virtually no Biden signs in my immediate area - there are no sign wars to be had. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 239September 22, 2020 10:35 PM

The Pennsylvania Supreme court ruled last Friday that officials can reject so-called naked ballots that are received without the secrecy envelope.

Which means up to 100,000 mail-in ballots could be rejected

That only means good news for Trump as his supporters will show up in person to vote

by Anonymousreply 240September 22, 2020 10:57 PM

R240 they also ruled for democrats allowing 3 days for a ballot to be received. Several issues are now being taken to the Supreme Court.

Also - wolfs requeat for a stay, until his appeal - was rejected today. A small temporary “win” for some small business owners. This does not effect businesses that need certain state licenses to operate - liquor licenses etc.

by Anonymousreply 241September 22, 2020 11:20 PM

R240, they won’t be rejected in Philadelphia, or in the surrounding counties, which are Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 242September 22, 2020 11:20 PM

Allegheny - I heard trump is holding a rally in your neck of the woods tonight. Looks packed by the video footage.

by Anonymousreply 243September 22, 2020 11:32 PM

Yup, he is... he's at Pitt Intl Airport.

And it's cold here tonight 😁

by Anonymousreply 244September 23, 2020 12:45 AM

I have a bad feeling about Conor Lamb's re-election. I wish they'd send Kamala to western PA to do a larger rally. Sean Parnell, Lamb's challenger, is getting a boost from Trump always being in these parts.

by Anonymousreply 245September 23, 2020 1:06 AM

[quote] they won’t be rejected in Philadelphia

The GOP is taking it to court to have those ballots thrown out

by Anonymousreply 246September 23, 2020 1:11 AM

Is Biden sign theft/vandalism a problem in PA? Because it is in MI. But yeah, sure, it's the Trump voters who are "shy." So shy they'll drive over signs on people's lawns:

After he said eight yard signs were stolen or vandalized, Marshall Stern had had enough.

Stern, a Democrat who lives in Newaygo County, a historically red area in west Michigan, started a GoFundMe to put up a billboard supporting Joe Biden's presidential campaign. The GoFundMe raised over $4,000.

The billboards look like a giant yard sign, right on M-37, one of the busiest highways in the area. He, his wife, Nancy, and 30 other Democrats came together Saturday afternoon to celebrate the board's unveiling.

"The idea being, 'OK, you're gonna steal my yard signs? Steal this one. Good luck,' " he said.

The ordeal started in August, when Stern put up eight Biden yard signs in front of his house.

When he woke to find one missing, he was annoyed but shrugged it off.

The next day, three signs had been run over and thrown in a ditch, Stern said. Someone drove their car through his property. He straightened them out and put them back in his yard.

Stern jumped on the community Facebook page of his town, White Cloud, and asked his neighbors to respect his freedom of speech and his house. He got sympathetic responses in return, but the next day, all of the signs were gone.

After a suggestion by the sheriff, he even tried setting up a small trail camera to see what was happening. The camera also went missing.

"I wanted to find a way to turn this into something positive," he said. "Rather than feeling angry and ripped off, I just kind of thought in my head that every sign that they took, Biden's gonna get 10,000 votes. And I wasn't sure how that was gonna happen. But then we were driving down the road and I saw these empty billboards."

He called the company and discovered political signs cost more than he could afford. On a whim, he started a GoFundMe to see if others may be on board, posting it to local and regional political Facebook groups.

And they were. In three days, Stern got enough for one billboard. Floored by the response, he aimed for another billboard and soon enough, Stern met his $3,800 mark.

"I am so moved and inspired by your response that allowed us to achieve this goal in just ten short days that I feel a calm quiet confidence growing in me, a certainty that we will prevail in our fight to restore common decency and civility in our divided nation," he wrote in an update on Aug. 24.

Stern learned his experience was not an isolated incident. He was told about a restaurant where the signs were stolen. A woman said a neighbor took hers down then confronted her and threatened her if she called the police.

Many of the donations were from the area, but Stern said he heard from people as far away as Pittsburgh who saw their posters torn down as well.

"And they were so thankful," Stern said. "Because up here, the thing that really drove me crazy ... was this feeling of being bullied."

Saturday's billboard gathering felt liberating, Stern said. Around 30 voters gathered at the highway and brought yard signs. Outside of one group of people yelling Trump slogans at them, Stern found support. People honked while passing by and fellow residents thanked him for giving them a venue to talk without fear of retaliation.

Whenever he drives down M-37, he chuckles.

"Each sign that was stolen, I said I would have 10,000 votes. I don't know if we'll get the votes but (we'll get) the views. People driving by my my property, maybe it would have been seen a few hundred times," he said. "But between the two (billboards) until Election Day, that means half a million views."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247September 23, 2020 5:14 AM

I found three, more Trump signs in PA:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248September 23, 2020 5:25 AM

R245 Kamala doesn't seem to be doing much campaigning at all. I know she was doing stuff/meeting with people about the wildfires out west, but other than that, where has she been? It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 249September 23, 2020 1:57 PM

R244/Alleghany - I saw bits of the rally on youtube. You were right about fracking. He used it as a major talking point.

by Anonymousreply 250September 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Yeah, Bucks, it's unfortunate that the fracking thing stuck. I was hoping that when Biden gave his speech out here earlier in the month that it would dispel that talking point, but it didn't. The whole naked ballot thing is a nightmare too. Looks like at least 100k ballots are on the line. I'm not sure if Pennsylvania allows you to override an early ballot by voting in person...if not, and if those ballots are thrown out, then it's probably more of a problem for Biden than it is for Trump. I think your corner of the state is impacted more. At least 40K ballots alone where from the Philly area.

by Anonymousreply 251September 23, 2020 8:45 PM

I have never put political signs in my yard. It's no one's business who I support .. or not.

by Anonymousreply 252September 23, 2020 8:48 PM

R251, what are these ballots? The ballots for November haven’t been mailed out to voters yet.

by Anonymousreply 253September 23, 2020 9:32 PM

R251/Allegheny This has been discussed here. You can still vote in person if you bring your mailed in ballot to the polls. Since they haven’t even mailed ballots yet, people can just go to the polls and vote as long as they bring their ballot that they received in th mail. Naked ballots are always risky, I don’t know why they ever allowed such a thing to begin with, so it doesn’t surprise me that this was shot down.

It’s certainly a bit early to make predictions, so I won’t just yet in regards to Bucks turning red. But it’s definitly a very strong possibility. Hillary only won Bucks by a half percentage point or so. Today, I saw more trump signs - at least a dozen more popped up overnight. A lot more signs then this time in 2016. I even saw signs that were “#walkaway” I just don’t see any real visual support for Biden in bucks. I know there is talk that his campaign was late on signs, and there are news reports of signs being stolen in other areas, however, I’m taking all that with a grain of salt.

I even saw these trump door panels today on a house in my neighborhood paired with 2 large flags . - never saw those before!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 24, 2020 2:43 AM

Can somebody please tell me how to bang myself with a Trump sign safely?

I live in Bucks Province, Pennsylsconsin, and I'm getting splinters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255September 24, 2020 4:26 AM

It's amazing how every time the Pennsylvania Yard Sign Troll sees a dozen more Trump signs overnight, Biden goes up in the Pennsylvania polls!

PENNSYLVANIA:

BIDEN: 48%

TRUMP: 42%

Sept. 14-20 Franklin & Marshall College

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256September 24, 2020 4:31 AM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 257September 24, 2020 5:51 AM

R256, I posted this in the other thread...the margin of error is 7.8 on that poll showing Biden up 6. That's actually not a good poll for Biden.

Bucks...thanks for the info on the naked ballots. I guess I mistook what I read as it actually had to do with ballots already cast.

by Anonymousreply 258September 24, 2020 5:57 AM

And Trump has never won a Pennsylvania poll in 4 years.

That's not a good sign for an incumbent president.

by Anonymousreply 259September 24, 2020 8:19 AM

Hey Bucks... I was just reading in the Pennsylvania Star Capital, which has been tracking voter registration in the state, that Republicans have been making headway in Bucks County and that momentum is swinging for Trump there. Same with my area.

Earlier this year someone here actually told me I was wrong about voter registration. I'm not.

Biden needs to allow people to start knocking on doors. It's helping Trump out here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260September 24, 2020 2:32 PM

Hey, Bucks. Nobody thinks you're not also r260!

Why don't you tell us what a "crap pollster" Yougov is, who just released this scientific poll instead of pulling yard signs out of their ass?

PENNSYLVANIA:

BIDEN: 49%

TRUMP: 44%

Sept. 10 - 21. YouGov.

P.S. BIDEN'S ABOVE THE MARGIN OF ERROR! 😲😱😨😲😱😨😲

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 24, 2020 3:32 PM

Thanks for the link Allegheny but for whatever reason some error page comes up. Is there another link? I would be interested to read that article - because I have this gut feeling Bucks will go to Trump the time around.

I do think Bidens virtual tech campaign - not allowing door knockers - will hurt him. He needs to be out and about. Kamala isn't doing much either. Yes, the excuse is the virus, but come on.. he also barely takes questions from the press. It's purposeful. Yes, they want to prevent him from gaffe's but he can't expect to coast along on polls when we all know the race will tighten. The only thing that really matters is what is going on in swing states. I read time and time again from posters here that Trump supporters are"loud and proud" - sure, maybe they are in a deep red state, but swing states are a different matter entirely. I think a lot of people discount that. They look at the country as a whole, when they really need to zero in on the environment of swing states.

There was a shooting here yesterday - and people are freaking out about it. Apparently a "black man" went to a high school parking lot in warminster and shot off two rounds with a handgun. This kind of thing never happens here. The facebook comments and next-door comments about the shooting are all about riots and BLM, and backing the police. And how we must have a police presence - they blamed democrats for the shooting. You can tell by the comments who is voting for Trump. No one even knows what happened yet, the suspect is still at large - but it's already the "democrats" fault in peoples eyes.

Clearly that isn't true. However, the level of fear, and regardless of media spin, it is attached to the riots/and lawlessness going on in some cities - has infiltrated many suburbs. They aren't spouting the democratic talking point that the crime is Trumps fault because it's under "Trumps Watch" - they blame the democrats and democratic run cities that are allowing this stuff to go on - and that are refusing federal intervention. These people are not blaming Trump - instead, they re blaming democrats for causing the riots and violence purposfully to blame Trump for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 24, 2020 5:06 PM

R261, as I've said upthead, if you think I'm sockpuppeting Bucks then report me to the all seeing Muriel who can see our IP addresses and have a rough idea where they're coming from.

The poll you posted is fine, but If it's the joint UW/YouGov poll then the margin of error is 4.6. Also, only 3 of the last 11 recent polls are outside the MOE. And lastly...Bucks and I have always maintained the pollihg showing Biden ahead by a wide margin are not correct.

by Anonymousreply 263September 24, 2020 5:12 PM

I have 261 blocked because he’s crazy.

Allegheny there was also a poll recently out of Texas that showed trump ahead by only 2 points but if you pay close attention, the democrats sampled in the poll were over sampled by 8 percent. Another bad polling job.

by Anonymousreply 264September 24, 2020 5:15 PM

Try this link Bucks...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265September 24, 2020 5:15 PM

Thanks R265/Alleghany

That article falls in line with my observations I posted a few days ago upthread. Driving from Montgomery County into Bucks. While in Montco, I saw that unusual cluster of Biden signs, first time ever seeing that kind of Biden support - yet the moment I drove into Bucks, it was all Trump.

The map in that article shows it too. MontCo in darker blue, and Bucks in darker Red.

by Anonymousreply 266September 24, 2020 5:25 PM

Bucks...The Western part of the state is a totally different dynamic than you guys out east. We border Ohio and West Virgina so we have some republican bleed from those states. A good portion of the population in areas surrounding Pittsburgh are white, Christian and uneducated. Fracking is big out here, so are the coal and steel industries. What resonates here are messages about fracking and trade and since RBG's death...SCOTUS. BLM and defund the cops just a little impact, although the video showing outdoor diners being harrassed didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 267September 24, 2020 5:31 PM

NO, r243, read the fine print of the actual poll.

Then tell me why Trump can't win ANYBODY's poll of Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 268September 24, 2020 5:35 PM

Correction

NO, [R263], read the fine print of the actual poll.

Then tell me why Trump can't win ANYBODY's poll of Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 269September 24, 2020 5:36 PM

R269, that's irrelevant. You do realize that Clinton was ahead in the polls in PA right up until she lost.

by Anonymousreply 270September 24, 2020 5:39 PM

Oh, and I should add that reopening PA is also a big topic out here with Wolf's handling of it being mixed. Personally, I'm on Wolf's side, but there's some real hard feeling out here about family owned businesses closing and, now high school football is the new hot button!

by Anonymousreply 271September 24, 2020 5:44 PM

I have r261 unblocked because he's a lying piece of shit who can't handle the truth and it's fun to plaster screenshots of his replies all over Reddit for examples of asinine Trump supporters who are going to help cost Trump the election.

I also report him to Facebook, Twitter and the N.S.A. because he's probably a Russian troll talking to himself on this thread through sock puppet accounts.

Any way you slice it, Trump can't win a Pennsylvania poll and the latest YouGov poll puts Biden AHEAD of both Trump and the Margin of Error.

PENNSYLVANIA:

Sept. 10 - 21. YouGov.

SUCK IT, DEPLORABLES! 😲😱😨😲😱😨😲

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 24, 2020 5:46 PM

I have [R264] unblocked because he's a lying piece of shit who can't handle the truth and it's fun to plaster screenshots of his replies all over Reddit for examples of asinine Trump supporters who are going to help cost Trump the election.

I also report him to Facebook, Twitter and the N.S.A. because he's probably a Russian troll talking to himself on this thread through sock puppet accounts.

Any way you slice it, Trump can't win a Pennsylvania poll and the latest YouGov poll puts Biden AHEAD of both Trump and the Margin of Error.

PENNSYLVANIA:

Sept. 10 - 21. YouGov.

SUCK IT, DEPLORABLES! 😲😱😨😲😱😨😲

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273September 24, 2020 5:47 PM

Wow, someone is off their meds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274September 24, 2020 5:51 PM

I'm in NW PA and everyone seems to be angry. The right is angry, the left is angry. Multiple Trump signs but he Biden signs are going up like crazy. I passed a house the other day which I go by about once a week. On either side of that house were houses with Trump signs. The house in the middle though had put up a Biden Harris sign which is about 10 x 12 FEET framed. I went a little further down the road and there was another huge Biden Harris sign. I live in a 99% Republican area. But not anymore

by Anonymousreply 275September 24, 2020 5:53 PM

Hey neighbor @ R275...yeah, hugely angry here in SWPA too. I may be able to shed some light on the yard signs... apparently covid had impacted Biden's ability to make and ship yard signs and there was a backlog. It didn't impact Trump since he's been campaigning since the inauguration and already had supplies on hand.

I'm actually getting a kick out of the yard sign wars among neighbors. Some have taken it to an extreme.

by Anonymousreply 276September 24, 2020 6:11 PM

R273 - take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 277September 24, 2020 6:19 PM

Ahh I see what R273 did there. He created an account so I would see his insane post. So you're THE sock puppet R273! Projection much?

I think you've been in moms basement too long. Time to get out, get some sunlight and get a life.

by Anonymousreply 278September 24, 2020 6:25 PM

[quote]beer stockboys at Sheetz.

This is why I roll my eyes at some of you who constantly whine about how we must "respect" these people. No, I don't. If anything, i want to humiliate them to their faces and remind them where they are on the food chain since they think it's OK when Trump does that to other people. Who decided that white, working class Republicans deserve respect, especially Trump supporters? They deserve to be reminded that they embarrass themselves by being delusional about how poor they are and have no business voting Republican because no liberal is taking money from them because they barely have a pot to piss in.

by Anonymousreply 279September 24, 2020 6:27 PM

Interesting R274, I didn't realize Trump was plus 4 in a late May poll. I didn't think he ever showed a positive poll number here.

Here is the Trump/Clinton comparison. Funny the know-it-all at R273 is boasting about a YouGov poll, when in 2016, the YouGov polls released always showed Clinton at +8 in PA - and we all know how that worked out. Whats also interesting is Trump was up +2 in 2 polls in 2016 - but they were conducted by registered voters not likely voters. Whats funny is Morning Call had Clinton up +6 up in they poll conducted right up until election day.

Trafalgar and Harper Group got it right in those final days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280September 24, 2020 6:55 PM

100% POST-GINSBURG DEATH DATA!

PENNSYLVANIA:

BIDEN: 51% — ABOVE THE 3% MARGIN OF ERROR

Sept. 20 - 23, Fox News

TELL US WHAT A "TRASH POLLSTER" FOX NEWS IS, BORIS! TELL US MARGINS OF ERROR DON'T COUNT WHEN THE DEMOCRAT IS WAY ABOVE IT. COME ON, BORIS, TELL US!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281September 24, 2020 11:22 PM

Everyone who doesn't live in the Republican Party Alternate Universe is "off their meds," while their unmedicated, psycho President scorches the Earth and goes down in flames.

Put down your crack pipe, r274 / r277!

Then explain why Pennsylvania always tells pollster they want Biden?

by Anonymousreply 282September 24, 2020 11:28 PM

Why are the radical-left commies at Fox News lying about Trump in Pennsylvania?

by Anonymousreply 283September 24, 2020 11:30 PM

Take your meds while I huff another lungful of TRUMP TRASH CRACK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284September 24, 2020 11:35 PM

That's good news about Pennsylvania but we need to VOTE ANYWAY!

Make it such a fucking massive mandate that the rethugs are unable to take a piss without a Democrat approving it.

by Anonymousreply 285September 24, 2020 11:42 PM

There is nobody on DL who isn't going to vote, donate and do all they can to support Biden.

THERE ARE NO UNDECIDED VOTERS ON DL.

SO STFU ABOUT "Good news, BUT you need to vote."

BIDEN AND HIS SUPPORTERS WIN AGAIN. BORIS AND THE CONCERN TROLL CAN EAT A DICK!

Stop belittling Biden's leads and Democrats' victories.

by Anonymousreply 286September 24, 2020 11:46 PM

One good sock puppet deserves another, r278, especially when you're a lying piece of shit who can't handle the truth, admit when you're wrong orapologize!

You lost this election when the Republicans nominated Shitler. You and every, other Republican voter is a traitor to the United States now. If not for the Russian bribes, hacking and bounties to kill U.S. soldiers, then Trump's declaration today that he's going to ignore the election results just like you're ignoring the polls.

You and Trump are heading into dangerous territory and you won't come out the winners.

by Anonymousreply 287September 24, 2020 11:53 PM

Keep huffing, r280.

This isn't 2016, Biden is not Hillary and Trump is making voters hate him every night with negative Supreme Court news and dictator threats. Trump pissed the economy away, as well as 200,000 American lives.

Maybe you should get out of your drug-hazed, Conservative Bubble!

One poll in May when the nation was hoping to rally around a true COVID leader isn't going to save you and Tweety Amin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288September 25, 2020 12:01 AM

Does anyone want to tell r281 that Biden was +11 in the last Fox poll?

by Anonymousreply 289September 25, 2020 12:46 AM

Jesus, this thread has turned into a bunch of crazed basement dwellers

Allegheny I have news to report - you’re not gonna like it but at least you are mature enough to read it and take it for what it’s worth.

I know this is our PA thread but I’m sounding the Michigan alarm!

Tonight I met with a tenant I have renting an apartment I have in the center of new hope - for you clueless teenage queens (like r273) who are not aware, New Hope is probably the most liberal area in Pennsylvania, . My tenant took me out to dinner as a treat for being a awesome landlord . He also has his main residency in a suburb of Detroit and just rents my place out for work in the area. The topic of biden/trump came up. He said that it’s all trump signs in Michigan and to not believe the polls. Trump signs are everywhere and Michigan is totally red territory nowadays and to not believe to polls that Michigan leans dem. Out is absolutely a toss up. . I was shocked, and told him that in PA (bucks specifically) I had been counting yard signs just like I did in 2016, and I felt bucks was turning red. He sees it too.

This guy is one of the most liberal people I know, to the point where I’d never discuss politics. He pays his rent on time and that good enough for me... but he brought it up tonight. The moment he brought it up, I felt a wave of normalcy and we ended up bonding for a couple hour over drinks - discussing crazy people like r273 who by their irrational unhinged behavior, will be the reason trump will win.

So.. in essence - Don't be fooled, Michigan is in play.

by Anonymousreply 290September 25, 2020 3:47 AM

Trump signs everywhere, but I thought the argument was that Trump voters are too 'shy' to tell a pollster who they are voting for so they are alllllllllll undercounted in the polls.

Pick a coherent argument, you can't have it both ways.

BTW - Trump is tied in Iowa, a state he previously won by 9 points. The state is like 89% white so it would be almost impossible to undercount working class whites there. But even a state like that he's underperforming.

by Anonymousreply 291September 25, 2020 4:05 AM

Aren't you voting for Trump? Why would you be sounding a Michigan alarm? You're an odd duck Yard Sign Troll. It seems like your entire raison d'être is to say that the polling is bullshit and that lawn signs are some kind of hidden indicator. I just wish I could understand what your deal is.

by Anonymousreply 292September 25, 2020 4:06 AM

Hey guys, I know this is a Pa thread but I am sounding the alarm for Michigan. I know it’s not even considered a true swing state by polls at this point, but don’t trust the polls.

In short, My tenant took me out to dinner tonight. His main residence is in a Detroit suburb. He rents an apartment I have in new hope (bucks county) as a secondary residence.

My impression has always been that he was an extreme liberal. That was shot down tonight when he brought up politics. He’s voting trump. Not only that, he says Michigan is all trump - signs are everywhere. He says under no circumstances are the polls accurate. I believe him. Michigan is all trump.

by Anonymousreply 293September 25, 2020 4:07 AM

Sorry for the double post. (Re: Michigan) I didn’t think my first post actually posted.Hence the duplicate.

by Anonymousreply 294September 25, 2020 4:12 AM

I'm in Ohio, and I've seen absolutely zero Trump signs. One fucker on my street has a Trump flag, but it's been up for years.

by Anonymousreply 295September 25, 2020 4:15 AM

R292 you are spot on! I do believe in true swing states that polling is bullshit as you say, and visual support, and knowing your environment is more of a real indicator.

by Anonymousreply 296September 25, 2020 4:15 AM

[quote]your environment is more of a real indicator

I don't agree with that at all. People live in bubbles.

by Anonymousreply 297September 25, 2020 4:21 AM

Hit send too quickly. I'd also like to add that people see what they want to see.

by Anonymousreply 298September 25, 2020 4:22 AM

292 and my “real deal” is - yes I’m voting trump, but when reporting on the visuals on the ground (like yard signs as this is the topic) I’m trying to be as non partisan as possible by just reporting facts as I see them on the ground.

I respect everyone’s opinion, and vote, here - it’s our right...((except for the couple crazies on his thread that really need people in their life to advocate for hospitalization ) so I’m trying to stick to the topic at hand - yard signs... instead of arguing.

At this point, no ones mind will change. So waste each other’s time?

by Anonymousreply 299September 25, 2020 4:24 AM

Hey Bucks...I would love to see the voter registration numbers for Michigan but I can't seem to find any. I'll keep my eye out for interesting news on Michigan's lean and will post here if I see any.

by Anonymousreply 300September 25, 2020 4:33 AM

I guess the polls in red states like Georgia, Texas and Iowa must be lying too!

Because counting yard signs is so much more accurate.

I remember Romney's people fell into this trap in 2012. They thought because he had big crowds at his campaign stops he was going to win. And then...he didn't. And Trump got even less voters than Romney.

by Anonymousreply 301September 25, 2020 4:35 AM

Hey Bucks... I'm not so sure about a Trump win in Michigan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302September 25, 2020 4:40 AM

But..but...I saw 3 Trump yard signs!

by Anonymousreply 303September 25, 2020 4:52 AM

MI and PA are both full of idiot racists. They have no other excuse to support someone who works to benefit billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 304September 25, 2020 4:58 AM

r302/Allegheny I wound not discount Michigan right now. I was shocked because I don’t even think Michigan is in toss up territory, but then again you never know. I’m not there so I have no idea what it’s like “on the ground” but based on his observations it’s all Trump - way more than 2016. He says Michigan is going trump.

Michael Moore could be right - again.

by Anonymousreply 305September 25, 2020 10:48 AM

Michael Moore is saying the same

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306September 25, 2020 11:20 AM

r281 - new Trafalgar poll out today Biden leads Pa by only 2 points MOE - 2.99

With that MOE it’s pretty much a tie in PA. If you believe the polls. Which you seem to base everything off of in your post.

Interesting results regarding Supreme Court pick in this poll - more people want a conservative pick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307September 25, 2020 6:20 PM

A number of the models at 270towin have moved Pennsylvania back to the toss up category.

by Anonymousreply 308September 25, 2020 6:29 PM

Hmmm, r307, if you actually clicked on FiveThirtyEight, you know Trafalgar is rated as C-.

by Anonymousreply 309September 25, 2020 6:32 PM

Um, no, r308, it still shows PA as lean Democratic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310September 25, 2020 6:36 PM

Trafalgar may be rated a C, but according to 538 it's also been more accurate than A rated Fox. I'll take accuracy over 538 ratings.

by Anonymousreply 311September 25, 2020 6:39 PM

Wrong r311. But you knew that didn’t you?

by Anonymousreply 312September 25, 2020 6:41 PM

According to 538 'races called correctly'...

Fox 71%

Trafalgar 75%

Is there a new math that you're using, r312?

by Anonymousreply 313September 25, 2020 6:45 PM

To the poster who doesn’t believe Biden signs are being stolen, come visit my central Ohio suburb. It is an issue and it’s making news.

by Anonymousreply 314September 25, 2020 6:48 PM

And too funny, even in picture in r310... Pennsylvania is in the TOSS UP category.

Maybe you should be less concerned about trolls and more concerned with accuracy. You were wrong on the Trafalgar / Fox thing too.

by Anonymousreply 315September 25, 2020 6:54 PM

R313, Trafalgar sucks eggs. But you knew that, didn’t you. They got lucky when they picked Dump in 2016, because they are biased toward him. 2020 is a whole new ballgame.

by Anonymousreply 316September 25, 2020 6:56 PM

R315 it’s not in the toss up category, it leans Democratic. The site remembers your picks.

by Anonymousreply 317September 25, 2020 6:57 PM

I've never been to that website before and it says lean Dem.

by Anonymousreply 318September 25, 2020 6:59 PM

R315, and here’s the data that 270towin has for PA. Gee, who’s leading every poll?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319September 25, 2020 7:00 PM

Look at polling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320September 25, 2020 7:01 PM

R318, yes, it’s lean Democratic. The OP clicked on PA and made it a tossup, which the site remembers.

by Anonymousreply 321September 25, 2020 7:01 PM

R320 in bold print that link states:

“This is not a map based on current polling“

So how on earth is that a polling map when it’s not based on current polling?

by Anonymousreply 322September 25, 2020 7:03 PM

R322 go to the drop down menu and pull up the tab that reads "polling"

by Anonymousreply 323September 25, 2020 7:05 PM

R322 go to the drop down menu and pull up the tab that reads "polling"

by Anonymousreply 324September 25, 2020 7:05 PM

R322 I did. It shows pa as a toss up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325September 25, 2020 7:08 PM

Reset your map, r325. I did and it shows PA leaning Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 326September 25, 2020 7:10 PM

^ Select 2020 consensus, too.

by Anonymousreply 327September 25, 2020 7:12 PM

Thank you, r325. Looks like a few were moved back to tossup.

by Anonymousreply 328September 25, 2020 7:13 PM

R314,do you think that's good for Biden? That Trump supporters are such shits they're stealing signs.

by Anonymousreply 329September 26, 2020 2:09 PM

R329 - political "sign stealing" happens during every election. None of this is new. However, Biden has such a lack of enthusiasm, I wouldn't be surprised if all of these news stories on Biden signs "being stolen" is also used as a way gloss over why there are not tons of Biden signs out. Because he doesn't have the kind of enthusiasm as Trumps voters. So I take it with a grain of salt. Were Hillary signs stolen in 2016? Sure. Were Trump signs stolen in 2016? Of course - but are the instances of Biden signs being stolen in 2020 a grossly higher rate than 2016 - I doubt it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330September 26, 2020 3:10 PM

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS

by Anonymousreply 331September 26, 2020 3:24 PM

The PA troll doesn't like facts. I guess that's why he's voting Trump.

by Anonymousreply 332September 26, 2020 3:25 PM

a lot of people aren't putting any signs out because they are afraid of the violence after the election. I've been telling my friends to take their signs down on election day so they don't become a target when Biden wins

by Anonymousreply 333September 26, 2020 3:39 PM

R333 thats interesting because I am seeing more signs out than in 2016. Do they think this "violence" will come from people who don't live in the immediate areas - who would have no idea if the house had a Biden sign on it on election day?

by Anonymousreply 334September 26, 2020 3:46 PM

R329 here in Western PA it's both Trump and Biden signs being stolen. There's a sign war happening out here.

by Anonymousreply 335September 26, 2020 4:05 PM

Funny how no one noticed or doesn't want to notice 270towin has moved OH from leans R to tossup.

by Anonymousreply 336September 26, 2020 4:14 PM

Eh, r336, Iowa was also moved to toss-up from leans R but that's more than offset by Florida, North Carolina , Arizona and Pennsylvania going to toss-up from leans D. If you really want to discuss movement in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 337September 26, 2020 4:44 PM

I really thought PA was a better state than this, but apparently there's a lot of trash there. Maybe all the NYCers moving there will get it back to being a reliable blue state.

by Anonymousreply 338September 26, 2020 4:53 PM

R337, please prove they weren’t always tossup in polling (they have been). You need to look at the consensus model

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339September 26, 2020 4:53 PM

R329, I’m in an affluent suburb in central Ohio that has traditionally been Republican. There are TONS more Biden signs than trump signs, probably 7 to 1, so yes it’s good and yes, Trumpies look like juvenile assholes. I would have thought it was just teenagers doing it, but a number of presumably respectable adult citizens have been caught red-handed.

by Anonymousreply 340September 26, 2020 4:57 PM

R338, as James Carville once said... Pennsylvania is Philly and Pittsburgh with Alabama in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 341September 26, 2020 5:15 PM

There is so much talk lately that PA will be the one state that can decided the election - do you feel that way?

by Anonymousreply 342September 26, 2020 5:47 PM

It really is astonishing how many white people have proven they really don't believe in what America actually stands for when they could so easily allow Trump another four years knowing what he has done. I mean I'll give the benefit of the doubt to those who voted for him the first time knowing full-well he was a hateful bigot and racist because that's what many of them are, and this country has always been that, but you're witnessing him dismantle institutions, you've watched him violate laws, you've witness his family treat this country's tax money like their own piggy bank, you KNOW he has lied about a deadly virus, you know what he thinks about those who served. How could you claim to be a patriot when you support an enemy combatant?

by Anonymousreply 343September 26, 2020 5:52 PM

witnessed*

by Anonymousreply 344September 26, 2020 5:53 PM

R343, the funniest and stupidest thing is these so-called business men think Dump is better for business, so they overlook the racism etc. Dump has done nothing for business, especially small businesses.

by Anonymousreply 345September 26, 2020 5:57 PM

r340 - I'm in an affluent suburb that is pretty evenly split, although Hillary won our county barely in 2016, and local elections swung Democrat in 2018. For every Biden sign I see, I see well over a dozen Trump signs.

by Anonymousreply 346September 26, 2020 6:01 PM

R346 is the Bucks Yard sign troll, not signing his posts again and pretending he’s one of a slew of different posters talking about all the yard signs he sees. Yeah, in his head.

by Anonymousreply 347September 26, 2020 6:24 PM

Btw, I live in NE Philly, right on the border w Bucks, and I work and socialize in Bucks a lot because family lives there. Bucks YST is delusional. There are very few Dump signs here. People we know who had them out in 2016 don’t have them this year. Biden signs are now popping up all over, now that people are able to order them.

by Anonymousreply 348September 26, 2020 6:27 PM

I have nothing against the Yard Sign Troll. I don't agree with his choice of Trump, especially if he's gay, but I'm not going to argue that point with someone who has clearly made up his mind.

I don't know anything about lawn signs in PA or even the culture of lawn signs. Personally, I think they're tacky. But I do think that people tend to live in, as someone said, bubbles and see what they want to see and what confirms whatever belief they have.

I think PA's flip in 2016 had more to do with issues with Hillary more so than some great love for Donald Trump. But we shall see.

by Anonymousreply 349September 26, 2020 6:45 PM

r334 I live in a town of less than 10,000 people. Someone organized a very small BLM protest. Very civilized with a speaker. A number of people showed up but a number of large men with very big guns showed up too and said they were there to protect the statues in the park. We knew these kind of people were around but until you see them you kind of forget they are there. They keep to themselves and in the woods so it never Hurts To Protect Oneself.

by Anonymousreply 350September 26, 2020 7:44 PM

I don't mind Bucks either even though we're at opposite ends of the spectrum on politics. It's fun to have someone else to converse with who under small-town, retail politics.

I disagree, r349 that PA had to do with Hillary. There's been some what a surge in Republican voter registration.

by Anonymousreply 351September 26, 2020 8:51 PM

R337 "Iowa was also moved to toss-up from leans R but that's more than offset by Florida, North Carolina , Arizona and Pennsylvania going to toss-up from leans D"

When was that, dear? FL, NC, and AZ have been toss up consistently going back to June.

Meanwhile, GA was leans R back in June, toss up since July.

by Anonymousreply 352September 26, 2020 9:30 PM

Within the last few weeks, r352, 270toWin / polling moved those to the toss-up column . If you want to know exactly when just look at the polling for each state and it would have been when polling started to move within the MOE. At one point, 270towin had Biden winning with 334 electoral votes, he's now just below the cutoff.

by Anonymousreply 353September 26, 2020 9:38 PM

Also, I never mentioned Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 354September 26, 2020 9:39 PM

R353, the site has its map changes going back to June. On the consensus map, they've been toss up since then. On the polling map, NC has been toss up just about the entire time, while AZ, FL and PA flip back and forth from toss up to lean D repeatedly. Now please stop pretending we aren't all capable of using the little slider ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 355September 26, 2020 9:43 PM

R355 I'm specifically talking about the polling map. I don't give a shit about the consensus map. The only opinions I care about are that of the voter. The consensus map aggregates everybody and their mother's map and I really don't care what the pundits think.

by Anonymousreply 356September 26, 2020 9:45 PM

R356, I have no idea what your damage is...you literally just confirmed what I said that the polling map moved states back to toss up. Thanks for the assist.

Seems like you're sockpuppeting the asshat I have on block.

by Anonymousreply 357September 26, 2020 9:49 PM

R357 should be r355 has some damage happening.

by Anonymousreply 358September 26, 2020 9:54 PM

R356 and you're wrong about the polling map as well. NC has been toss up going all the way back save for maybe 1-2 days.

by Anonymousreply 359September 26, 2020 10:52 PM

R349/r351 - I agree that there is no sense to argue. Im not a republican, but registered independent. I guess I consider myself more of a moderate than anything else. There are definitely some democrats that I agree with on some issues, just like some republicans that I agree with on some issues. Example would be Warren. While I certainly don’t agree with her on all things, she definitely has some great ideas, convictions, and is smart as a whip - I admire her.

by Anonymousreply 360September 26, 2020 11:46 PM

Hey Bucks...just wondering if the NYTs /Trump taxes changes your thinking on Trump any?

by Anonymousreply 361September 28, 2020 3:22 PM

R361, no it hasn’t. It’s not uncommon to have the ability to carry over losses from year to year. Clearly he uses some businesses as write offs to wash out the businesses making profits. It’s not illegal. In fact, I wonder who is accountant is. Trump made no secret when campaigning 4 years that he knew what all the tax loopholes were. So of course he would use them. Biden does the same, in a smaller way becuase he doesn’t have as many companies as trump..

Joe Biden has his S Corp tax shelters in Delaware to dodge paying payroll taxes. He dodged a half million in tax obligations just by using his SCorps just in the past 2 years on 13 million in speaking fees.

I’m more concerned about the ballot harvesting discovery out in Minnesota. That video came out yesterday. I’m sure the tax return story was timed to drop at the same time to bury that story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362September 28, 2020 5:01 PM

I don't know, Bucks, there seems to be a lot of shady stuff there too. Paying Ivanka consulting fees, Leona Helmsleying his properties etc. A writer for Forbes puts what he owes on his properties closer to $1.1 billion vs the $471 million and there's still no transparency into many of the lenders, except in one case, where it appears that they were closer to the Russian lawyer in the TT meeting than previously known.

What's not play too well out here is that taxes pay for the military and his tax dodge shows he doesn't really support the troops.

by Anonymousreply 363September 28, 2020 6:35 PM

[quote]I’m more concerned about the ballot harvesting discovery out in Minnesota. That video came out yesterday.

That "discovery" was from James O'Keefe. Not one of his stories has been true. As one media site noted, "Project Veritas has a history of dubious claims and doctored videos."

[quote]I’m sure the tax return story was timed to drop at the same time to bury that story.

Thank you for confirming that a) you're an idiot and b) nobody should take you seriously.

by Anonymousreply 364September 28, 2020 8:28 PM

[quote]I’m more concerned about the ballot harvesting discovery out in Minnesota. That video came out yesterday. I’m sure the tax return story was timed to drop at the same time to bury that story.

You are a virus worse than covid. The fact that you were too ashamed to even cite your source for this is why you are a virus. Like every other fucking thing O' Keefe does, it results in the "conspiracy" being out there, but no tangible PROOF. because it's enough that it's out there to poison the well.

Go to fucking hell.

by Anonymousreply 365September 28, 2020 8:32 PM

Really? A bombshell about Dump’s finances was published to avoid attention on some baseless crazy right conspiracy theory? Do you even hear yourself?

by Anonymousreply 366September 28, 2020 9:43 PM

[quote]I guess I consider myself more of a moderate

No, you're really not. A moderate wouldn't stupidly give more credence to a right-wing asshole known for lying and spreading conspiracies rather than the NYT and then stupidly claim the NYT did it to take focus off of a conspiracy nut attempting to spread yet another inflammatory lie.

A moderate can see that Trump would be in fucking prison for even 1/10 of the things he has done in his life. A moderate would not in any way, shape or form attempt to rationalize an odious clown like Trump. In fact, there is no "Moderate" "Independent" Republican" "Democrat" when it comes to how you view Trump. It comes down to whether you have a modicum of decency or none at all. If you in any way rationalize a vote for Trump, then you are the latter.

by Anonymousreply 367September 28, 2020 9:57 PM

It's even worse than that, R367, since in this case the supposed "moderate" is trying to pretend that there is an equivalence between a local Congressional election and a national Presidential election and that he's more concerned about the former than he is the latter.

by Anonymousreply 368September 28, 2020 9:59 PM

Exactly ^

"Moderate" my ass

by Anonymousreply 369September 28, 2020 10:00 PM

The Blue Line Flag - Imagine if Black Lives Matter put a black line across the flag?

by Anonymousreply 370September 28, 2020 11:00 PM

R363/Allegheny

We’ll see what happens...

by Anonymousreply 371September 28, 2020 11:18 PM

YST should just cop to being a right wing nut. At least it would be honest.

by Anonymousreply 372September 28, 2020 11:31 PM

YST says he is a moderate, but I don't know any moderate who could with either Trump or Liz Warren. They are polar opposites. And moderates aren't Liz Warren fans.

by Anonymousreply 373September 29, 2020 12:05 AM

Pretty much, R372. 83 posts on this thread and most of his content is Republican talking points. And most of it is rather ridiculously false.

[quote]I also expect he will get the upper middle class suburban white vote because of the riots and looting.

[quote]I do think Trump will win PA a second time, by more of a margin than in 2016. I thought this well before the riots though. The riots just increase his chances.

[quote]I think Wolf turned off a large majority of democrat small business owners off by how he handled corona.

[quote]There are 1 million small businesses in PA. These people are the ones that will reject Biden being the one to charge of the economic recovery. And now, to add to that is the looting and riots that people see on TV and the internet all day. That just adds to Bidens chances of losing PA.

[quote]When Trump won, he got things in motion with the right to try, and it was passed in congress and senate - Say what you will, but the right to try act is one of the best things he’s done as President.

[quote]and what I’m observing is there is definitely more trump support than you might think here. It’s pretty simple to figure out why - and racism isn’t what’s driving it - despite you desperately wanting it to be.

[quote]I think there will be a big backlash with BLM and the riots and looting. It's just inevitable.

[quote]Wildwood had a Trump boat parade that drew over 2400 boats.

[quote]As a small business owner, I am voting for Trump. I'm at the point where I am tuning out a lot of noise in regards to all of these "bombshells" - as with any election, these things all seem to be timed in Sept/October. I'm not paying much attention to it. The people I do discuss Trump with, mostly fellow business owners, also aren't paying much attention to these things.

[quote]my thoughts were - I wonder how Nancy Pelosi and Cuomo will spin this? These 2 were telling people to come down to Chinatown in March, and accused Trump of racism when he halted China travel in February. But I expect them to still blame Trump for the virus... the hypocrisy is nauseating.

[quote]Its also like - what is Trump suppose to say to the people? Does he want everyone to panic? While playing down the virus, he also did make a point to tell people that it effects people who are older and with pre-existing conditions.

[quote]And then I think of this - In January/Feb, WHO predicted 2 million deaths in the US. Considering that hasn't happened, its a good thing Trump didn't create panic. Because then people would accuse him of scaring the American people.

[quote]The suburbs in Philadelphia are concerned about the crime and lawlessness.

[quote]One thing about Nates tweet you referenced above, and I don’t think Nate “gets it” it’s not that trump voters are shy, per se it’s that they are silent depending on their environment.

[quote]your way of thinking is the reason why there are silent Trump supporters. The "left" has become too far left - people have grown tired of the tantrums.

[quote]Do you think Biden is perfect - he's made more racist comments than Trump has. Fascist? - Take a good look at what the left has become. It's almost projection on your part.

[quote]All of this started when Hillary lost.....all of the tantrums and nonsense. All of the hysteria coming from - I won't even use the word democrats - I'll just say the extreme far left. They have taken over the democratic party.

And that isn't even all of them. I stopped halfway through. It really is nothing but silly talking points. And the idiot still hasn't figured out why he got his ass handed to him in 2016 and why so many of us are laughing at him in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 374September 29, 2020 12:14 AM

I don't even know how a person could support Warren and Trump. They are polar opposites in personality, ideology, policy, etc....

by Anonymousreply 375September 29, 2020 1:59 AM

The latest NYT/Siena poll has Biden +9 in Pennsylvania. That matches the ABC/WP poll from a couple of days ago. Currently, the RCP average for Pennsylvania is Biden +5.7.

by Anonymousreply 376September 29, 2020 4:16 PM

"And the idiot still hasn't figured out why he got his ass handed to him in 2016 and why so many of us are laughing at him in 2020."

Hilarious - given the fact that not only did Trump win in 2016. He ALSO won PA!

Giddy up!

by Anonymousreply 377September 29, 2020 4:19 PM

[quote]I also expect he will get the upper middle class suburban white vote because of the riots and looting.

and

[quote]The suburbs in Philadelphia are concerned about the crime and lawlessness.

Biden has a 2-1 lead in the Philadelphia suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 378September 29, 2020 4:22 PM

[quote]Hilarious - given the fact that not only did Trump win in 2016. He ALSO won PA!

ROFL.... Like I said, you still don't have a clue. Yes, dear, I know he won Pennsylvania. That has absolutely nothing to do with my comments.

by Anonymousreply 379September 29, 2020 4:23 PM

I was going to put up a post detailing all of the inaccuracies and lies from this idiot but it would have exceeded Datalounge's maximum post length and, honestly, he's not worth it. Time to mosey along since it's clear he hasn't learned anything in the past four years and since it's also clear he's gone full MAGAdroid.

by Anonymousreply 380September 29, 2020 4:24 PM

Biden agreed to a pre-debate inspection for electronic earpieces but today abruptly reversed that and won't allow inspection for an earpiece.

I was looking forward to the debate - hope it still goes on as scheduled.

by Anonymousreply 381September 29, 2020 6:14 PM

You’re quoting the Washington Times there, r381. They’re a conservative right wing rag. Dump was the one who wanted the ear piece inspection. Biden just refused it, like he should refuse every stupid Dump request. Dump’s campaign is claiming that Biden agreed, then refused. Liars all. Maybe broaden your media horizons.

by Anonymousreply 382September 29, 2020 6:19 PM

Btw, in case you didn’t know, r381 is the Bucks yard sign troll again, posting under the radar. Hmmm, I wonder if he realizes his credibility is shot?

by Anonymousreply 383September 29, 2020 6:24 PM

The earpiece thing is the biggest right wing conspiracy theory on Facebook today.

by Anonymousreply 384September 29, 2020 7:23 PM

PENNSYLVANIA:

BIDEN: 54%

TRUMP 44%

Sept. 21-26 ABC/Washington Post

SUCK IT, BUCKSYLVANIA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385September 30, 2020 1:05 AM

[quote]Hmmm, I wonder if he realizes his credibility is shot?

Nope. He's still trying to pretend that he's a "moderate," just as he has for the past four years. He's learned absolutely nothing and has gone full MAGAdroid, as we can see from this thread, not even pretending to make sense or to think about what he's posting. It's hilarious reading this shit, particularly the conspiracy theory about the earpiece and how the debate might actually not take place!

by Anonymousreply 386September 30, 2020 1:31 AM

A 10=point loss in PA from the most credible pollster is pretty damning for a sitting president.

Are you still sounding your dickhole with Trump sign wire, Bucks and Bucks Puppet #2?

by Anonymousreply 387September 30, 2020 6:56 PM

More bad news for Bucks & Allegheny, the Self-Chatting Troll!

BIDEN CLIMBS TO A 7% LEAD IN PENNSYLVANIA IN TOP-RATED SIENNA COLLEGE/N.Y. TIMES POLL!

PENNSYLVANIA:

FLORIDA:

BIDEN: 47%

Sept. 30-Oct. 1, Sienna College/New York Times.

How many Trump signs have popped out of Amy Barrett's ass? Is that Supreme Court power grab helping or hurting Trump?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388October 3, 2020 7:15 PM

More bad news for Bucks & Allegheny, the Self-Chatting Troll!

BIDEN CLIMBS TO A 7% LEAD IN PENNSYLVANIA IN TOP-RATED SIENNA COLLEGE/N.Y. TIMES POLL!

PENNSYLVANIA:

FLORIDA:

BIDEN: 47%

Sept. 30-Oct. 1, Sienna College/New York Times.

How many Trump signs have popped out of Amy Barrett's ass? How's that Supreme Court power grab working out for you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389October 3, 2020 8:08 PM

Bucksegheny is strangely silent.

by Anonymousreply 390October 4, 2020 7:27 AM

How does that poll go against what we've been saying? Instead of just posting numbers, familiarize yourself with what you're posting. That poll shows Trump gained 2 in Pennsylvania while Biden remained unchanged since their last poll. It actually supports what we've said.

His catching Covid is working against him out here, but there's no recent polls that reflect the hospitalization and obfuscation that went along with it. The thing that's opened people's eyes out here is that he hasn't been given HCQ after screaming about how it's a miracle drug. The debate didn't move the needle that much, although it did win Biden praise for his supporting Hunter through his drug problems. Western PA was hit hard during the opioid crisis.

by Anonymousreply 391October 4, 2020 7:23 PM

And the CBS poll today of Pennsylvania is Biden net 1. Biden gained 2 and Trump gained 1 since the last CBS poll, and I think this is reflecting up to the day Trump announced Covid.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 392October 4, 2020 7:31 PM

Wow. The paywall is gone.

Don't you worry DL!

Trumps doc - Dr. Sean Conley is from Doylestown (Bucks County) and went to CB East... He knows we have a lot invested in yard signage and is not going to let us down. Trump will recover Bigly and Fastly. Honestly it's crazy - Trump signs are everywhere and we have had tons of "Pop up" mini Trump parades over the past 24 hours.

And yes - Sean is very attractive, always has been.

by Anonymousreply 393October 5, 2020 1:21 AM

Why do Pennsylvania polls trigger the OP?

We get a new yard sign thread every time Trump's support in Pennsylvania plummets.

NOW BIDEN HAS A 13-POINT LEAD IN PENNSYLVANIA! And Boris still thinks catching COVID and a Supreme Court power grab were smart moves LOL! You and The Godtoddler just hand the "woketards" the U.S. government in gift wrap!!!!

PENNSYLVANIA:

BIDEN: 54%

TRUMP: 41%

Oct. 1-5, Quinnipiac

That's 10 points above the Margin of Error, it can't possibly be wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394October 9, 2020 3:10 PM

How are those lawn signs looking?

by Anonymousreply 395November 1, 2020 5:31 PM

Just traversed Upper Dublin Township, Montgomery County (suburban Philly).

If yard signs are any indication, Biden is going to win in a landslide. Biden signs outnumber Trump signs by at least 10 to 1.

However, don't get your hopes too high. Upper Dublin is the quintessential upper class suburb: above average incomes, above average home prices, above average levels of educational attainment. Predominantly white. Large Jewish presence. Lots and lots of professional women.

In other words, it's the polar opposite of Trump country, hence Biden's popularity. Unfortunately, the number of Deplorables upstate far outnumbers these people, so I say Trump wins PA (and the election).

by Anonymousreply 396November 1, 2020 7:06 PM

R396, the urban/suburban areas of Philly and Pittsburgh FAR outweigh the deplorables in the middle of the state. Why do you think PA has gone for the Dem candidate every year since 1992 except for 2016?

by Anonymousreply 397November 1, 2020 7:29 PM

Main I’ll ballots > yard signs.

by Anonymousreply 398November 5, 2020 3:29 AM

Oops. Mail in ballots > yard signs @R398. And guess who’s going to win PA AND Bucks County!

Well BucksYST? Anyone? Bueller?

by Anonymousreply 399November 5, 2020 4:32 AM

Here's how Trump can still win:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400November 5, 2020 4:52 AM

Oh... and Biden won Bucks County you imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 401November 5, 2020 12:00 PM

*Crickets...*

by Anonymousreply 402November 6, 2020 2:01 PM

JOE BIDEN WINS PENNSYLVANIA.

WHAT HAPPENED, BUCKSEGHENEY YARD SIGNS?

What happened to all those "CEOS of major corporations to cashiers at the gas stations" who told you Trump was a done deal?

by Anonymousreply 403November 6, 2020 4:58 PM

Why didn't yard signs stop this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404November 6, 2020 4:59 PM

Boris is on a desperate bumping tear to erase the bad news about his Trumplethinskin losing Georgia and Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 405November 6, 2020 5:19 PM

Boris is up to his old tricks in the Georgia special Senate Elections!

"Polls don't matter" again, despite them correctly predicting Biden's win. And Georgia is a Biden state!

by Anonymousreply 406January 3, 2021 12:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!