Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden hits Trump where it hurts: in the convention speech ratings

Trump's Convention Speech: 21.6 million viewers.

Biden's Convention Speech: 23.6 million viewers.

You just know how the Trumpster Fire likes to rub ratings in the faces of his critics on TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2020 7:28 PM

"The Nielsen ratings are fixed! George Soros secretly bought the company and rigged the system! The mainstream media won't report the REAL numbers!!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2020 7:25 PM

Hillary & Bill are extorting employees of A. C. Nielsen. The Clintons have threatened Nielsen employees with kidnapping their children and selling them into white slavery.

Oh, the humanity.

by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2020 7:29 PM

Mighty Joe Biden, aka The Comeback Kid, is one of the most underestimated candidates in US presidential history. He keeps shocking the world. And they’ll keep doubting him.. all the way to the White House.

Next up: giving Trump an old school Irish beat down at the Presidential debates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2020 7:35 PM

These ratings are really burning Boris up! See how he's bumping every pro-Trump, anti-Biden thread that he can!

by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2020 7:59 PM

Let's be Donnie's plummeting ratings!

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2020 8:36 PM

They’re also burning Trump up. He’d love nothing more than to be on Twitter ranting about his beautiful, perfect ratings. He must be seething right now.

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2020 8:37 PM

Why can't he be on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2020 8:54 PM

R3, he really is. I called it before he was winning the primary but he's treated similarly to how Truman was.

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2020 8:55 PM

Boris never wants to comment on bad Trump news threads.

by Anonymousreply 9August 29, 2020 3:43 AM

Looks like our poll is not tuned-into Donald.

by Anonymousreply 10August 29, 2020 8:21 AM

The final night for the Dems was a 24.6 rating, plus the number of viewers for Trump's acceptance speech was down by a third over 2016.

He's got to be pissed all the way off. Good.

by Anonymousreply 11August 29, 2020 9:47 AM

The silence from the right is deafening. I know they were in eager anticipation of the chance to brag about this and cite it as evidence of Joe’s “low enthusiasm.”

by Anonymousreply 12August 29, 2020 11:18 AM

Fake news! Some people are saying those extra two million who watched Biden were immigrants watching illegally! They don't count! SAD!

--Our Dear Leader, probably

by Anonymousreply 13August 29, 2020 12:45 PM

Trump not only had lower ratings, but he gave a boring low energy speech for the finale.

by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2020 1:21 PM

Diaper Don's response:

[quote] Wow! Despite the Democrats views across TV and online lie (Con!), we had 147.9 million, the Republican National Convention blew the Democrat National Convention AWAY. Not even close! Just like their lies on Russia, Football (PLAY!) and everything else! NOVEMBER 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2020 1:25 PM

Does Trump really think he had 147.9 million viewers?! Where does he get these numbers? A VERY quick Google search shows the Apollo 11 moon landing as the most-watched TV event in US history... with 125–150 viewers.

Trump's narcissism and inability to create even slightly-belivable lies remains truly staggering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 29, 2020 1:40 PM

The US population in 2019 was 328.2 million. Does Trump REALLY think that 45% of all Americans--adults and children--watched his convention?

What a pathetic man he is.

by Anonymousreply 17August 29, 2020 1:41 PM

r15 should post a link.

Maybe Tweety Amin is adding up EVERY night of his convention and giving himself credit because he spoke a little each day.

But I still doubt it was a bigger audience than every night of the Democratic Convention. Personally, Kamala's night was all I watched.

by Anonymousreply 18August 29, 2020 3:15 PM

r15 didn't post a link because there is an entire thread already on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 29, 2020 4:22 PM

See how easy it is to predict the responses of trolls like Donald Trump and Boris?

Right on cue:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 29, 2020 5:44 PM

Tweety Amin is just lying.

THE DNC ATTRACTED MORE VIEWERS EVERY NIGHT THAN THE RNC, NOT JUST THE ACCEPTANCE SPEECHES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 29, 2020 5:46 PM

In 2018, there were 153.7 registered voters in the U.S.

There are approximately 30,700,138 registered Republicans in the U.S, and approximately 43,140,758 registered Democrats.

There are slightly more Independents than Republicans.

136.7 million total voted for President in 2016. Trump received 61,943,670 votes.

In 2008, Obama got more votes than any Presidential candidate in history, 69,456,897. John McCain got 59,934,814.

So where is Trump getting this number from? It doesn’t correspond to anything. He’s saying more people watched his convention that the entire number of voters in 2016.

I guess if you count babies, toddlers, people in a coma with their tv on in their hospital room, and dogs and cats, you might be able to get that number. You’d probably have to add in the goldfish though.

by Anonymousreply 22August 29, 2020 6:28 PM

153.7 million registered voters, sorry ^^

by Anonymousreply 23August 29, 2020 6:29 PM

[quote] Does Trump really think he had 147.9 million viewers?!

He is obviously MJ and/or Freddie Mercury back from the dead....and then dead again.

by Anonymousreply 24August 29, 2020 6:30 PM

There are two different metrics being discussed here: one is television viewers and the other is television viewers combined with online viewers. In the television ratings, it's no contest: the DNC won easily.

For the combined audience, the only source I can find for that supposed "147.9 million views" is an anonymous "senior campaign official" quoted by Fox News. Since Fox News and "senior campaign officials" never lie, of course we have to accept this as the truth, right? I'm not going to link to the Fox News story but here's the relevant quote:

[quote]Meanwhile, the Republican National Convention brought in 147.9 million total views across television and online between Monday and the end of Thursday night's programming, according to a senior campaign official.

So far, I haven't been able to find a single credible source that confirms these numbers. All of the stories I found in a cursory web search reference the original "senior campaign official" and the original Fox News story.

by Anonymousreply 25August 29, 2020 6:33 PM

So who’s the lying official? Kellyanne Conway? She lies like she breathes.

No way did almost every single voter in America watch Trump, more than double the amount that voted for him. 313 million Americans, total, have internet access. Only about 307.3 million people age two and up have television according to Nielsen. So he’s claiming almost half the people in America were watching him?

There are 74 million children under 17 in the U.S.

There are approximately 256 million adults in the U.S. total, including ineligible to vote adults, people that don’t speak English, foreigners, etc.

It’s probably Kellyanne. None of those people have the brains to realize how ridiculous what they’re saying is. You could probably get the Nielsen ratings for that night and millions of people watched something else.

by Anonymousreply 26August 29, 2020 6:51 PM

Trump is suffering from overexposure. His need to headline every single news cycle and the media's lazy reliance on reporting endlessly on every little tweet and stunt inevitably wears on people's nerves. Even his fans have to be getting a little sick of him after five years of nothing but Trump Trump Trump Trumpitty Trump.

by Anonymousreply 27August 29, 2020 7:07 PM

I'm glad the DL consensus is "Lock Him Up."

Now if we can just get Biden, Pelosi and Schumer to do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2020 7:12 PM

[quote]I called it before he was winning the primary

Yeah, I thought the media counted him out way too early. He expected to not do well until SC. The media makes a big deal out of IA and NH, but those states have very few delegates between them, and are no longer representative of the Democratic base.

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2020 7:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!