Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Angrily Lying About Ratings On Twitter This AM

Was only a matter of time before it got to this.

He seems to be claiming that Nielsen and others are wrong.

It really, really bothers him.

[quote] Wow! Despite the Democrats views across TV and online lie (Con!), we had 147.9 million, the Republican National Convention blew the Democrat National Convention AWAY. Not even close! Just like their lies on Russia, Football (PLAY!) and everything else! NOVEMBER 3rd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 29, 2020 5:55 PM

He thinks ratings matter here. He thinks this is a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 1August 29, 2020 1:18 PM

He always lied about his Apprentice ratings too.

by Anonymousreply 2August 29, 2020 1:19 PM

What time is he golfing today? I want to know when Twitter is safe.

by Anonymousreply 3August 29, 2020 1:21 PM

Yes R2

CNN Brian Stetler, who was a media reporter at the time, confirmed that this AM:

[quote] Trump twisted his "Apprentice" ratings to tell a persuasive story about his popularity even when his audience was slipping away. He used to send media reporters Happy man raising one hand angry messages when we didn't buy his spin.

[quote] Billy Bush recalled a day when he called out Trump for this:

[quote] "Wait a minute, Donald, you haven't been #1 in 5 or 4 years, not in any category, not in any demo."

[quote] Trump: "Well, did you see last Thursday? Last Thursday, 18–49, last five minutes!"

[quote] Bush: "Nope, still not true."

[quote] After the cameras stopped rolling, Billy Bush says Trump remarked "Billy, look, you just tell them and they believe it. That's it: you just tell them and they believe. They just do."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 29, 2020 1:22 PM

The Apprentice's ratings dropped every time Donald was prominently featured.

by Anonymousreply 5August 29, 2020 1:23 PM

Also seems no one has any idea what that 147.9 million number refers to.

Clearly half the people in the US have not watched the RNC

by Anonymousreply 6August 29, 2020 1:24 PM

Why are we prone to comment on his every lie? It's redundant - he lies constantly.

by Anonymousreply 7August 29, 2020 1:25 PM

Discounting the hate watchers, I'm sure his ratings were lower than Biden's.

by Anonymousreply 8August 29, 2020 1:25 PM

They were lower than Biden’s all the days of the conventions.

No show gets 147 million people watching it. Not the news, football or anything else. Not even the Super Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 9August 29, 2020 1:29 PM

This is in keeping with Trump lying about the crowd size at his inauguration and doubling and then tripling down on that number.

I have no doubt that large numbers of Deplorable-Americans believe that CNN lied about Trump's crowd size numbers as a result.

by Anonymousreply 10August 29, 2020 3:23 PM

He's a fucking ranting egomaniac narcissist. And a liar.

9 weeks to go.

by Anonymousreply 11August 29, 2020 3:49 PM

In any democratic nation than the US, the man would be deemed to be 100% certifiable.

by Anonymousreply 12August 29, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote] we had 147.9 million

That is the number of people who at some point during the 4 days of the RNC, channel surfed on to the RNC and kept right on going to something else.

by Anonymousreply 13August 29, 2020 4:17 PM

Trump is just warming up for Nov 3 when he will claim that he had some ridiculously impossible number of votes and most of Biden's votes were illegal and the entire election is a fraud and a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2020 4:22 PM

Does Trump really think he had 147.9 million viewers?! Where does he get these numbers? A VERY quick Google search shows the Apollo 11 moon landing as the most-watched TV event in US history... with 125–150 viewers.

Put another way: The US population in 2019 was 328.2 million. Does Trump REALLY think that 45% of all Americans--adults and children--watched his convention?

The more realistic explanation is that the four nights totaled 147.9 million views... roughly 37 million each night and those same 37 million tuned in each night.

by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2020 4:26 PM

87 BILLION viewers. Biggest ratings EVER! Nobody's ever done it before. Only ME! Democrat convention LOSERS lied about ratings! They only had four people watch. Lowest ever. I win!!

by Anonymousreply 16August 29, 2020 4:26 PM

[Quote]He used to send media reporters Happy man raising one hand angry messages

Non-American here. What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 17August 29, 2020 4:37 PM

R8 Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 29, 2020 4:39 PM

I don't think he's golfing today. He's going to LA to throw paper towels

by Anonymousreply 19August 29, 2020 4:48 PM

[quote] Does Trump really think he had 147.9 million viewers?! Where does he get these numbers?

I think he’s just moved the decimal point over to the right.

I’ll say it again. If this guy actually gets re-elected, we are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 20August 29, 2020 5:01 PM

LOL, my bad R17 - I did a cut and paste from Twitter and it wrote out the emoji Stetler used to indicate he was one of those media reporters.

Should read "Trump twisted his "Apprentice" ratings to tell a persuasive story about his popularity even when his audience was slipping away. He used to send media reporters angry messages when we didn't buy his spin."

by Anonymousreply 21August 29, 2020 5:03 PM

Yes, he’ll accept losing graciously.

by Anonymousreply 22August 29, 2020 5:04 PM

We should all be shitting our pants because he once again is using his media skills to suck all our energy toward distractions and not turning out.

I don’t care if you don’t have a job or you work at a gas station, you are a leader within your own circles of influence. Get every person you know to vote, offer to drive them if you need to, ask people if they understand how important it is that they vote!

by Anonymousreply 23August 29, 2020 5:07 PM

I know what’s in his heart...

by Anonymousreply 24August 29, 2020 5:08 PM

All Trump has left is the lies.

by Anonymousreply 25August 29, 2020 5:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!