Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Game of Thrones cast and crew gossip

The last thread got paywalled. Any new gossip, or blind items which might be about cast members? I haven't come across much recently, other than the things about the Richard Madden/Froy Gutierrez relationship which other members have documented in their threads, and the news about Sophie Turner having a baby with Joe Jonas. Alfie Allen seems to have broken up with another girlfriend (the artist he was dating most of last year) but haven't heard any details on what happened. Any signs of cast members quarantining with each other, or meeting up despite lockdown?

by Anonymousreply 242November 18, 2020 10:35 PM

Enty ran a blind item about Emilia moving on from her married co-star (Kit) to a married investment banker. Have no idea whom the latter might be.

And, while Richard was in quarantine in LA with his latest twink (I think he's now in Scotland from what I read with twink in tow), he was staying in Emilia's LA house. Blind Gossip ran an blind item on that but it wasn't really a blind item because it had been written about.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 8:03 PM

I worry about Emilia's career. Her one expression is wrinkling up her forehead.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 8:08 PM

R2 shes passed her prime anyway. You could tell by season 8 she was starting to lose that cute look she had.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 8:17 PM

I read recently that Emilia starred in a movie that was released on demand, which basically was relegating it to oblivion. And the director of that film got really pissed off that the film had been dumped like that.

Clearly, the studio had no faith in it.

I think Emilia is supposed to go back to the West End to resume that ill-fated production of "The Seagull"--if the West End ever comes back. Indira Varma, who played Ellaria, had a role in that production and got sick with COVID back in March. Broadway probably won't get back on track until summer 2021, according to theater insiders.

Gwendoline Christie did a cameo in a podcast produced by Demi Moore in which women share their secret sexual fantasies. This was made during the lockdown. Gwendoline played a character whose sexual fantasy consists of having an erotic night with singer/songwriter Matt Berninger at the Chateau Mormont.

Lena Headey directed a video starring Maisie Williams. That was before the pandemic but I think it got released. I haven't seen it yet. Lena's instagram has been filled with a lot of anti-Trump posts.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 8:26 PM

Also, the actor who played Tormund, had a bout with COVID early in the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 8:27 PM

Any gossip about that sexy magic man? Ooh, did I crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 8:44 PM

Isn’t Sophie Turner a beard to Joe Jonas? You can’t convince me that man ain’t on the down lo.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 8:52 PM

If so, she's a better one than Priyanka. They just had a baby.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 9:10 PM

r8, Bitch please! Plenty of down lo men have kids.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 9:23 PM

"Any gossip about that sexy magic man? Ooh, did I crush on him."

Who are you talking about? Thoros of Myr?

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2020 11:21 AM

I think they're talking about Jaqen H'ghar, R10, or rather, the actor Tom Wlaschiha. His voice is like melted butter.

I hope Bernie Caulfield is as wonderful to work with as she seems in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 1:58 AM

Emilia has a brain aneurysm a while back. That will age you.

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 2:01 AM

I saw a Daily Mail a few weeks ago that Sean Bean got in a to a drunken fight with his new bride on a plane.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 2:03 AM

That series is already forgotten. Pity the dopes who bought the merch.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 2:10 AM

Sean Bean is a raging alcoholic. He's been married 6 times and gets divorced after fights. He's a pig. The irony is he has kids...all daughters. Too bad. He used to be fine. Although I did see some nudes of him and his dick is as big as a cashew.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 2:19 AM

I'm so sorry reading that about Sean Bean but so not surprised. BTW, he met his current wife in a pub. Shocking. Not.

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2020 6:10 PM

Classy behavior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2020 6:12 PM

I used to have such a crush on him. He was a big reason why I started watching "Game of Thrones."

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2020 6:13 PM

At what number do you accept you're not the marrying kind? 3 strikes and you're out, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2020 6:15 PM

Aside from his alcoholism, another problem is that he meets and marries these women too quickly. In an interview with one media outlet, I remember he explained this by saying he's "old-fashioned." RME.

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2020 6:26 PM

This is not gossip but I saw Nikolaj's latest movie "The Silencing" on demand. It was pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2020 8:43 PM

[quote]This is not gossip but I saw Nikolaj's latest movie "The Silencing" on demand. It was pretty bad.

Saw that it was available but didn't watch it. Nikolaj may not ever do anything as big as GoT again, but he never scoffs at work. He will do anything.

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2020 8:57 PM

That's for sure but whenever I see a movie with Nikolaj, I always have to prepare myself beforehand that most likely it will suck. And it usually does.

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2020 9:14 PM

I fell in Love with NCW on Game of Thrones. I thought he was simply brilliant as Jaime Lannister. But every single other thing I have seen of his has been garbage. I want him to change management. He needs a new agent. He's got the looks, the talent, but the work is for shit. In that way he reminds me of Luke Evans in a way. The looks, the talent, and not much good work. I hope he gets himself together. I used to love Sean Bean. Years ago, when he was in some British Series, "Sharpe" Can't recall. The thing is, he was gorgeous, and then he sort of fell apart. He was good in LOTR, but he died in almost every movie. What ever. WTF is Kit Harington? I think he's a adorable pocket gay....except he's not Gay, but he could be.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2020 9:38 PM

R24, the running joke is that Bean will be killed off first in everything he's in.

by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2020 9:40 PM

Sean Bean has Small Dick Energy

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2020 9:53 PM

[quote]WTF is Kit Harington?

Honestly, I think that after lining up a fat paycheck/franchise with The Eternals at MCU and then completing filming, he is really enjoying his break during the pandemic. He barely heads into London, and when he does, we get pics of him with a quarantine buzz cut or scratching his balls (both times walking the puppy). After the year he went through with both a punishing GoT shooting schedule, and his hijinks with the booze and Russian hooker photos, I think he's been happy to be off the radar.

The film industry is slowly coming back in some countries, but I don't think he's in a big rush to line up projects. He has admitted that he'd like create something of his own eventually, and he has a production company with his best friend, so he could be busy working on a screenplay, who knows. His mother is a playwright and he's mentioned wanting to write as well.

Also, R24 and R23, let me recommend a Danish film called Headhunters. It's adapted from a Jo Nesbø novel and it is really good - violent, but good. NCJ isn't the lead, but plays the assassin in a menacing role. I saw it years ago and it was memorable.

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2020 10:02 PM

Speaking of Luke Evans--yes, I know he wasn't in GoT--I just saw him in "The Alienist: Angel of Darkness." He was excellent but had no chemistry with Dakota Fanning, his love interest. Oh well but he was great.

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2020 10:06 PM

Gwendoline Christie supposedly designed her own perfume and then took a "still life photo essay" of the perfume, which was a series of photos of a perfume bottle set against a bunch of rocks near an ocean.

I'm not kidding.

by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2020 10:08 PM

I hate to say it but GC seems rather pretentious to me. Does she come from money or is she highly educated? She gives off that vibe.

by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2020 10:19 PM

I'm surprised that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau hasn't done a bit better.

Then again, he's essentially a blond version of Goran Višnjić who also hasn't done much.

I was surprised that Nikolaj is actually the elder of the two.

by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2020 11:00 PM

Oh Goran. Such a Croatian beauty. He was really good in that movie with Tilda Swinton (The Deep End) and hottie Jonathan Tucker.

I think Gwendoline is very intelligent and quirky. I don't know her background other than she was a party girl. But I agree she can be quite pretentious. Don't want to derail this thread, but any recent sightings of her with her best buddy, Nikolaj?

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2020 1:30 AM

NCW also dumped his longtime agent or manager and was in a lawsuit with her. Not sure how that worked out but for some reason bad splits with agents/managers never seem to work out well for actors. Especially when they dump the ones who helped them get their big break.

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2020 1:46 AM

I'm not sure about Gwendoline's background. Her mother was a housewife and her father, who I believe is deceased based on Gwen's comments in interviews, worked in sales and marketing. She's from West Sussex. I'm guessing she's from a middle class background. She went to Drama Centre in London, not Oxford or Cambridge or any of those type of schools. So she's definitely not upper class. She is pretentious, I agree. I'm guessing the fact her boyfriend is a fashion designer and she hangs out with these fashionistas who make pretentiousness a high art, has rubbed off on her.

I have no idea if there have been sightings with her and Nikolaj. It seems nearly everyone has fallen off the radar due to the pandemic. I do know why? I follow nearly the entire GoT cast on instagram and the only ones who follow Gwen's private instagram (not public instagram--everyone follows her on that) are Nikolaj (of course), Alfie Allen and Pedro. Lena, Maisie and Sophie are not on it. I bet a million of her and her bf's fashionista friends are on it.

by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2020 12:21 PM

Ignore the "I do know why." I typed quickly and I meant to edit that out. Why doesn't DL have an editing function? Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2020 12:22 PM

I meant to write that Gwendoline is VERY paranoid about her privacy on instagram. She changed her private instagram account yet again a few weeks ago!! This has been the third time she's done it this year. That makes me wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2020 12:24 PM

I betcha she took a lot of flak growing up for being so tall. She seems self- conscious to me. Yes, she might cover that up with the so-called facade of being pretentious, but I think she's basically a nice person. I mean if you were 8 feet tall, and you were accepted and you found "your people" among fashionistas and artists, you'd probably be the same. I guess I see a lot of Brienne in her.

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2020 6:01 PM

She's definitely one of those women who can go from plain to stunning with a good coat of makeup.

by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2020 6:05 PM

She's a doll to fans. Very sweet and genuine.

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2020 7:17 PM

Sean Bean was handsome back in his Sharpe days. Alcohol and multiple divorces have ravaged the fuck out of him. He still does some decent work with Jimmy McGovern though.

Gwendoline’s plummy accent is a result of her drama training. She didn’t go to private school so she’s lower middle class at best. Her Brighton days are colourful to say the least, and she used to date Patrick Wolf (who I’ve loved for years), who’s also bi. When she got the part in GoT that was when the obsession with keeping her private life a secret started. (Her team ended up scrubbing her Twitter account of evidence that she dated women when fans found ‘incriminating’ tweets). In light of that, the timing of her relationship with her boyfriend seemed a bit convenient. She does seem to be incredibly generous with her fans though. Her Star Wars role was fucking odd; what was the point of it?

For a talented and very good-looking actor, Nikolaj has kind of fucked over his career. Reading between the lines, it seems like the issue was both bad luck and not being prepared to move to the US at the right time. I still think he could do well in one of the joint productions that HBO and Sky have been doing. Now that he’s got his own production company, he can generate roles for himself as well. He’ll never be as big as he could have been though. In terms of his marriage, I saw some recent pap pics and the rumours about it being a mess seem to be well-founded. His wife seems perpetually miserable and he looks like he’s there entirely for his kids.

by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2020 8:58 PM

Well R40 if I was a woman I would not marry an actor that good looking unless I was prepared for cheating.

by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2020 9:07 PM

"Her team ended up scrubbing her Twitter account of evidence that she dated women when fans found ‘incriminating’ tweets." This doesn't surprise me but I find it incredibly offensive and homophobic that they did that. I read (I don't know how true it is) awhile back in one of the DL threads that Gwendoline changed her private instagram account earlier this year and dropped a lot of friends from it following the publication of many photos of her during her wild and crazy (and obviously drug-taking/boozing) days as a party girl on a fan's blog. I wondered how the fan was able to get all those photos. There are tons of them--a few Gwen looks so wasted. I guess her handlers want her to be pure and pristine in order to get mainstream roles. Okay...

I did read in another thread that someone who went attended New York Fashion Week saw Gwen and her bf walk in a room and what he found strange about it was neither of them had any interaction with each other while they were in the room. And, when they did, they were both so business-like with one another. He found that so strange given they're supposedly a couple. He did remark that Gwen really worked the room.

by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2020 9:13 PM

There were a lot of Enty's blind items about Nikolaj and Gwendoline. It's funny how famous GOT is/was and how they haven't been on anybody else's radar so far.

by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2020 9:25 PM

R41, wasn't she a beauty queen herself?

by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2020 9:43 PM

I dont know R44 and I've never seen her. Doesn't matter though. A good looking guy in that industry will have their pick of pussy.

by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2020 9:45 PM

R45 that’s why I don’t believe he’s with Christie.

by Anonymousreply 46August 13, 2020 10:20 PM

R42 The fact is, if you’re not straight, you’ll almost certainly lose jobs in China and the Middle East. That applies just as much to Gwendoline’s modelling jobs as it does to her acting career. I suspect her team didn’t want her to be pigeon-holed after taking on 2 androgynous roles and limiting the work she can get. I also have my suspicions that she’s one of the GoT actresses that have yachted. She doesn’t work enough to rely on her proper jobs, and a few days in Cannes, Miami or in the Middle East can lead to big pay days. (I can’t say I blame the actresses who do it either.) Those are going to be few and far between with GoT fading into insignificance and her getting older. I do rate her acting though. She’s liked by other actors and directors too, which leads to work.

R45 With the amount of time he spends away from his wife, there’s zero chance that NCW hasn’t got his dick wet elsewhere. I don’t think it’s just a looks thing either. Interviews with his wife read like she has all the personality of a dead flea. That’s why I can readily believe the rumours about him and Gwendoline, who he describes as ‘a lot of fun’, hooking up.

by Anonymousreply 47August 13, 2020 10:41 PM

My late father once said when it comes to men cheating, it doesn't matter what the woman looks like, as long as she's not the wife. That said, I think Gwen Christie can be very striking rendered more so by that imposing statuesque build. She really can look quite stunning at times. And I bet she's a freak in the sack. If you think straight men don't care about that you don't know straight men.

If the wife has the personality of a dead flea (you're probably right), what does that say about him?

by Anonymousreply 48August 13, 2020 11:29 PM

[quote]My late father once said when it comes to men cheating, it doesn't matter what the woman looks like, as long as she's not the wife.

Wise man.

by Anonymousreply 49August 13, 2020 11:36 PM

My favorite thing about Nikolaj was when he said this year on a Danish interview his marriage works because he spent months away from his wife. He needs a better PR.

by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2020 2:03 AM

But what does that say about her?

by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2020 2:22 AM

About the yachting, Enty ran a blind item a while back (which I think got revealed) in which he stated that LOVE Magazine was nothing but a front for yachting. The editor of LOVE Magazine is the ex girlfriend of Giles Deacon, Gwen's bf. This editor is also tight with Gwen as well and Gwen has appeared in LOVE Magazine a few times. In another DL thread, someone who knows a fashion insider said that Gwen has yachted and that when Gwen was doing "Star Wars," (not sure if it was filming or promo tour), but she wanted to work in seeing a "clients" in the UAE!

People in that same thread were shocked not that Gwen yachted but that rich Arabs used to subservient women would pay a lot of money for someone like Gwen. Until someone pointed out that it made perfect sense that they would pay a lot of money for Gwen, because she's the polar opposite of what they're used to.

BTW, speaking of Gwen and her bf, I recently read an article, which I don't know how creditable it is, which claimed that Gwen's net worth is $3 million while Deacon's net worth is $1 million. I did a double take when I saw Deacon's alleged net worth! Is that all??? Isn't he supposed to be a hotshot designer? Then I remembered the articles I read about him a few years ago in which he was on the brink of bankruptcy and had stopped paying his vendors, causing them not only to go into bankruptcy but to sue him! What happened to their cases I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2020 11:12 AM

R50, Maybe he was joking? Irony doesn't translate well in print interviews.

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2020 11:13 AM

NCW wife was a beauty queen and she is stil stunning in a Nordic way. Sharp features ,looks Eastern European but darker. She comes from Greenland.

Remember Geena Davis in her rime? Gwen has the same affliction. Her height is such a dominant feature, it has to be part of the character's persona. I thin she's talented. But whether casting directors can se past her height is another thing entirely.

I think all the principal cast members from GoT should get their own British detective series.

by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2020 12:44 PM

Yes, but Geena Davis worked a lot. So did Sigourney Weaver in her prime. And so does/did Uma Thurman. It's really unfair to make damning judgments about people's acting careers right now when the industry is still partially suspended due to COVID. Broadway is tragically dead right now; and film and TV is not operating on full cylinders right now.

by Anonymousreply 55August 14, 2020 4:12 PM

I will say this about Gwen: She and Emilia Clarke were among the few GoT cast members who did not criticize or gaslight fans for not liking the finale. Nikolaj and the others, on the other hand, were quick to blame the fans (and not D&D), which they persist in doing to this day. This is one reason why I'll always be Team Gwen and Team Emilia.

by Anonymousreply 56August 14, 2020 4:34 PM

Emilia was not shy in strongly hinting that she hated how it ended for her character. I don’t blame her. I don’t think she’s that great of an actress but she did give a good performance for that final season,

by Anonymousreply 57August 14, 2020 5:09 PM

Emilia's winks and nods win.

Maybe she was a problem during earlier seasons. Maybe there was drama, for all I know or don't know. But her attitude towards the end of the show was on point. Now if she thought it was a trashfire because of some Khallisi is Queen uber pro female narrative in her head, I might change my mind (I think its a perfectly fine story to tell of her downfall, it was just super rushed and incoherent in the show), but if it was about a production falling apart behind the scenes, I can only sympathize.

by Anonymousreply 58August 14, 2020 9:43 PM

R54

Nukaaka and Nicolaj. Beautiful family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2020 9:44 PM

I see Nikolaj's publicist has entered the thread.

by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2020 10:28 PM

R53 I don't think he was joking. I'm paraphrasing but he answered something among the lines of "I know it might sound weird but I think our marriage works because we don't spend much time together".

R59 Yes, beautiful for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2020 10:45 PM

[quote]She and Emilia Clarke were among the few GoT cast members who did not criticize or gaslight fans for not liking the finale. Nikolaj and the others, on the other hand, were quick to blame the fans (and not D&D), which they persist in doing to this day

If the actors truly were fine with how the show ended, then why shouldn't they defend the show? Why is there a fannish need to project one's feelings onto another?

I had issues with the pacing of the final season, but it wasn't a complete wash to me, nor did it kill my love for the previous seasons or want to throw D&D out the moon door.

by Anonymousreply 62August 14, 2020 10:48 PM

"I'm paraphrasing but he answered something among the lines of "I know it might sound weird but I think our marriage works because we don't spend much time together"."

So why stay married?

by Anonymousreply 63August 14, 2020 10:49 PM

R63 Because it's convenient, because they have children together, because he feels guilty after spending years away... I don't know. Wouldn't be the first time a couple stays together because of one or two of these reasons.

by Anonymousreply 64August 14, 2020 11:30 PM

Their children are nearly grown. One is a young adult and the other is almost an adult.

Probably has everything to do with money.

by Anonymousreply 65August 14, 2020 11:51 PM

Why is it so difficult to believe maybe they're fine and their marriage works for them. We always want to insinuate ourselves into other people's relationships as if we have some insider knowledge, and mostly we make assumptions based on bullshit. I like NCW and I don't need the hint of scandal to make him more attractive or mysterious or complex. He's an actor guy. Actually I crushed on Jaime Lannister, not NCW. I crushed on Jon Snow but not Kit Harington. But I think both are talented and deserve better opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 66August 15, 2020 2:22 AM

R66 Ma'am... this is a gossip forum. That's literally all we do here.

by Anonymousreply 67August 15, 2020 4:27 AM

I read somewhere that apparently Gwen got engaged to her designer boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 68August 15, 2020 4:57 AM

[quote]Now if she thought it was a trashfire because of some Khallisi is Queen uber pro female narrative in her head, I might change my mind

I guarantee you that is exactly what she thought. If she really believed her character was going to end up on the throne at the end of it, or was meant to end up the hero, she is an idiot. The red flags were there all the way back in season two and people had been predicting Dany would turn tyrant for years. How many times did she threaten to burn cities to the ground?

by Anonymousreply 69August 15, 2020 5:13 AM

R66 Sweetie, the knitting circle is down the hall.

Nikolaj has done pap walks to make his marriage look stronger than it is for years. The fact his wife seems to hate them and everything to do with his fame speaks volumes, but so does the fact he bought a house in LA without telling her and decided to finally officially move himself out there when the rest of his family is rooted in Denmark. Essentially, when things start to open up again after COVID, they’ll be separated.

by Anonymousreply 70August 15, 2020 5:43 AM

As for NCW, didn’t he say in some interview that he was deeply traumatised by his parents’ divorce (IIRC, the reason was his dad’s alcoholism, not cheating). I think he also said that his parents tried getting back together before splitting up for good, and that made things even worse. Maybe that childhood trauma made him decide that whatever happened in his marriage, divorce was not an option.

And didn’t his wife admit in an interview earlier this year that she’s bisexual and before her marriage was in a LTR with a woman? Who knows what kind of arrangement they have, but I don’t see them splitting up at this point. Unless some time down the road he decides he wants more kids and marries someone much younger.

And all that aside, if it’s true that his wife didn’t support his career ambitions (was against him moving to LA, didn’t want to hang out with his co-stars, etc), it’s really a red flag in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 71August 15, 2020 6:07 AM

I remember reading in a GoT gossip thread a while back that when Nikolaj brought his wife to a GoT Emmys party (not the one last year but the previous year), there was a real chill in the air when she was there. It was like suddenly all the fun left the room.

Any gossip about Iain Glenn, our beloved Jorah?

by Anonymousreply 72August 15, 2020 12:50 PM

NCW admitted neither his wife or his daughters have watched any of Game of Thrones. His daughters would get embarrassed when he picked them up from school and their teachers would get all fangurlish. They live in Denmark most of the time and visit Greenland for a couple of months on school breaks. NCW is a big Environmentalist and it's a way to stay close to his kids.

by Anonymousreply 73August 15, 2020 4:51 PM

And, Nikolaj's publicist has returned.

by Anonymousreply 74August 15, 2020 5:17 PM

R73 Is ‘big environmentalist’ a euphemism?

R72 Wasn’t Iain Glenn’s wife seriously ill during filming? I’ve only heard good things about the guy. Charles Dance on the other hand probably should have been Me Too’d.

by Anonymousreply 75August 15, 2020 6:48 PM

Is there room for us here?

by Anonymousreply 76August 15, 2020 7:09 PM

[quote]Wasn’t Iain Glenn’s wife seriously ill during filming?

She had a brain hemorrhage as they were preparing to shoot the Battle of Winterfell.

by Anonymousreply 77August 15, 2020 7:32 PM

^ Yikes. Was this the wife he cheated on with Angelina?

I imagine he got a lot of support from Clarke, since she'd experienced the same thing and they were already pretty close.

by Anonymousreply 78August 15, 2020 8:43 PM

R77, that's terrible! I had no idea that happened when he was filming The Battle of Winterfell. Is she better now?

He cheated on his wife with Angelina? What? On what movie did they work on? Honestly, I don't blame Angelina. Iain Glenn is very hot, sexy and talented.

I love his dynamic with Emilia. The Jorah/Dany relationship really touched me. I'm not surprised the actors bonded.

by Anonymousreply 79August 15, 2020 9:08 PM

[quote]^ Yikes. Was this the wife he cheated on with Angelina?

No, that was his first wife (if the affair rumors are true). I wouldn't blame him, Angelina in the Tomb Raider years was hot. But I think Glen really became sexier after.

[quote]Is she better now?

He has said she make a full recovery.

[quote]I love his dynamic with Emilia. The Jorah/Dany relationship really touched me. I'm not surprised the actors bonded.

I am still curious what she whispered in Jorah's ear.

From Entertainment Weekly.

Ser Jorah actor Iain Glen laid on the pyre, motionless, a slab of thick glass covertly placed under him so that flames could turn on below him without harming the actor. Clarke walked up and tearfully whispered in his ear. Neither actor wore microphones and the rest of the cast and crew were out of earshot.

Afterward, I spoke to the Ser Jorah actor about the moment. Whatever was said by Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) was not in the script. In the stage directions, there’s a line that goes something like this: “Daenerys whispers something to him that he’ll never hear and we’ll never know…” So it was left up to Clarke to write her own lines for this very special and intimate moment.

Given that the entire point of the scene is that the audience is not supposed to know, Glen wasn’t about to blurt out to EW whatever Daenerys said. So we tried to simply get a sense of what kind of statement she made: Did Clarke say something sincere? Was it in character? Was it funny?

“It’s something entirely sincere and true to the moment and something that I’ll never forget,” Glen says. ..“I’ll always cherish it because it’s something no one will ever know but the two of us. And that’s a memory to hold onto.”

by Anonymousreply 80August 15, 2020 9:39 PM

The Emilia Clarke movie that got dumped on streaming this year is 'Above Suspicion' which was filmed in 2016. (and he even been shown on FTA European Satellite TV in 2017)

It's a solid movie and was treated pretty shabbily by the studios, it's well worth a watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 15, 2020 10:00 PM

R81 she missed her father's death because of that movie so I HOPE it's good.

by Anonymousreply 82August 15, 2020 10:15 PM

Emilia has celebrities reading poetry on her charity. She has Emma Thompson, Stephen Fry, Idris Elba and Andrew Scott reading poetry but the only GoT castmember is Nathalie Emmanuel. I wonder if she has asked short-arse Kit to do it. Or even Rose Leslie as they were friends.

[quote]Dean Charles Chapman and his cousin

It was really funny when after the release of "1917" came out girls on Twitter began crushing on Dean and found out the existence of the video. They were scandalized.

by Anonymousreply 83August 15, 2020 10:32 PM

Did John Bradley and Hannah Murray secretly date at one point? I know he's dating a journalist who interviewed him but I remember reading a rumor about Bradley/Murray well before then.

by Anonymousreply 84August 15, 2020 10:47 PM

A few years ago, I remember reading in a DL thread on Kit Harington, a GoT insider who worked in the show's costume department in Belfast for the first four seasons, discuss his/her experiences. (I'm going to refer to the insider as a "they") Anyway, there was nothing really that revelatory about it except the GoT insider said they quit after four seasons because the schedule was very demanding and this person wanted a life. According to the insider, Richard Madden was flirty; Kit was often hung over (surprise surprise) and he was sleeping with someone who worked in catering; Lena is gorgeous (they said she was one of the most physically stunning persons they've ever seen), Nikolaj kind of kept to himself only speaking to a few people (i.e. Lena, Gwen, Maisie/Sophie, Peter, etc) but he was a nerd who read the books and would talk about how Dany was really a tyrant; and Gwen and Conleth were great and funny. They said of the actors they worked with, Maisie and Sophie were their favorites but for some they were annoying because they giggled a lot. (Well what do you expect? They grew up on that show).

That's all I remember from that thread unless anyone remembers anything else.

by Anonymousreply 85August 16, 2020 2:34 PM

It was in this thread starting at Reply 206 that the costume/wardrobe person appears. I don't see them make any mentions of Kit being hung over.

I liked the fact that Nikolaj had Dany's number early on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 16, 2020 3:30 PM

R72, Glen was also heavily rumoured to have had an affair with Nicole Kidman after her break-up with Tom Cruise, which led to his own split from his first wife Susannah in early 2002.

by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2020 2:22 PM

R84, I am not sure if they dated. There was a blind item (which was never revealed) about a secret couple on the show a few years ago and they were one of the suggestions in the comments for it, but I haven't heard any more details than that, so it could have just been a guess with nothing to back it up. I know that Hannah did date Josh O'Connor a few years ago but they are no longer together. She seems very low key about her private life in general though.

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2020 9:34 PM

I thought Murray and Bradley were the answer to this blind item about the GoT secret couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2020 9:54 PM

Did Peter Dinklage sleep with the porn star extras? There was a blind item about this. I was always curious if it was true.

by Anonymousreply 90August 18, 2020 12:00 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2020 8:23 PM

Charles Dance looks increasingly like Mr Burns from The Simpsons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2020 9:38 PM

How do we know he isn't, R92.

by Anonymousreply 93August 19, 2020 3:14 AM

New NCW interview:

Nikolaj and Nukaaka, who's a former Miss Greenland, have been married for 23 years. Asked what the secret to a long marriage is, Nikolaj says, "We like each other. I think that's a good start."

"I just got really lucky when I met her," he adds. "I don't know if there is a secret. I don't have a potion that I can pass on."

I don't think I've ever seen him talking enthusiastically about his wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 20, 2020 5:32 PM

""I really miss going to work and seeing the gang and the crew." He does? He couldn't wait for the show to be over because he wanted to move on and do various projects. He said this continuously and now he misses going to work and seeing everyone. Oh yes, that's right. COVID suspended filming for a lot of projects and there's no theater right now.

I remember during one interview the journalist asked Nikolaj if he was going to miss the show and the people. He was arrogantly dismissive about it and even said when the journalist pressed him further that the people who might be feeling a void after the show is over probably don't have a very fulfilling family/personal life like him. Really? He might have been misquoted but he came across like such an egocentric jerk.

By the way, I saw "The Silencing." It was terrible. But then I learned when I see one of Nikolaj's movies, that I should brace myself for the likely possibility that it will suck and it usually does.

by Anonymousreply 95August 20, 2020 6:06 PM

What do you expect him to say? "She's a battleax and I can't wait when production in LA fully resumes so I can get away from that ball and chain."

by Anonymousreply 96August 20, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote]He was arrogantly dismissive about it and even said when the journalist pressed him further that the people who might be feeling a void after the show is over probably don't have a very fulfilling family/personal life like him. Really? He might have been misquoted but he came across like such an egocentric jerk

He's not sentimental at all. When asked about keeping something from the show, he has sometimes joked about wanting the golden hand, but other times he said he doesn't understand wanting something from a project you've finished. For him once you're done, you're done.

by Anonymousreply 97August 20, 2020 6:38 PM

Unless the interview is live, I've become very skeptical of some of the so called interviews I read about because they often are cut and paste and they often are bulshit.

by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2020 7:21 PM

R94 “We like each other” isn’t really a ringing endorsement of a marriage, is it? He has been effusive about his wife in the past, but that tapered off a few years ago. The man just sounds bored, which is one of the biggest reasons straight guys fuck around. I can’t say I blame him. His wife seems painfully sheltered and provincial to the point that they operate on completely different levels now. I guess that’s why he’s started to admit missing his ‘friends’. He’s probably not been to many ‘anything goes’ parties since he’s been locked down in Denmark.

by Anonymousreply 99August 21, 2020 12:22 AM

What's an "anything goes" party? (Hey, I could use an "anything goes" party too--sounds fun, if you ask me).

by Anonymousreply 100August 21, 2020 1:04 AM

"The man just sounds bored, which is one of the biggest reasons straight guys fuck around."

R99, in my experience straight guys don't fuck around because of "reasons" in their marriage, they fuck around because they see a chance to get laid.

"Reasons" in a marriage are what prevent them from fucking around, if they ever do.

by Anonymousreply 101August 21, 2020 2:22 AM

He sounds dismissive in general in that interview. When asked about relating to the plot of The Silencing (his character’s daughter being kidnapped), he says “I don’t go around thinking about losing my daughters all the time.” Maybe that’s just cultural differences.

That said, on the other thread, someone shared this info

[quote] Nikolaj has a reputation of being a bit of a slut there. He/she said that "it's open season" when Nikolaj is in town. Take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe his wife finally had enough and moved on. Or maybe he’s bored because there haven’t been many opportunities to fuck around due to covid. Didn’t he spend most of it in Greenland?

by Anonymousreply 102August 21, 2020 2:31 AM

"Greenland! Where there's a woman behind every tree!"

Really, I know a guy who goes to Greenland to do research every year. That's what the scientists say about the place.

by Anonymousreply 103August 21, 2020 2:48 AM

Lol, R103. Given that the entire population of Greenland is 56,000 with population density 0 per square km, maybe he already fucked everyone eligible.

by Anonymousreply 104August 21, 2020 4:47 AM

Lissen. If Greenland has WiFi it might be the best place in the world to live. The air, water, vegetation everything is cleaner and better and healthier.

by Anonymousreply 105August 21, 2020 12:50 PM

I read that same rumor about Nikolaj being kind of a slut when he's in town. The person who posted that on another site was referring to Copenhagen. And I believe he's mostly been in Denmark during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 106August 21, 2020 12:52 PM

His wife and kids have a good life. So what if he's a slut. They should be grateful he is a success

by Anonymousreply 107August 21, 2020 1:00 PM

He had no chemistry with Lena Heady, None.

by Anonymousreply 108August 21, 2020 1:00 PM

I always thought the lack of chemistry was intentional for what was a gross pairing.

by Anonymousreply 109August 21, 2020 1:21 PM

BTW, what is going on with Lena? I know she filmed a modern version of Oliver Twist. She also directed Maisie in a video and did a pilot for Showtime. She was active on Instagram early in the pandemic but has been very under the radar lately.

by Anonymousreply 110August 21, 2020 1:23 PM

R100 The showrunners/producers had a rep for hiring out private rooms in clubs when they were filming on location so that they and the main cast members who were there could drink, shovel coke up their noses and presumably dick around with each other if they wanted to without getting papped. I believe similar stuff used to go on around award seasons too. There was a blind item where an actor was regretting having his wife in town for the Emmys last year, because it meant that he couldn’t fuck around with his co-stars at parties. One of the popular guesses was Nikolaj. Either way, I’ve always got a “still waters run deep” vibe from this dude. I don’t think he’s half as vanilla as he seems to be. The man just married a milquetoast woman, who seemed to out herself as bi to make herself more interesting. It didn’t work.

R102 No, he was in Denmark, I think. Poor thing must have serious blue balls.

by Anonymousreply 111August 21, 2020 3:28 PM

I love that BI: EMMY AWARDS: At a pre Emmy Awards party, this foreign born A- list nominated/winning actor made it plain for the world to see that he wished his actress wife had stayed home so he could bask in the spotlight and hit on women."

Oh, how cruel Nikolaj's wife was--not to stay home so he could get the kudos and some trim!

He was a drunken/stoned mess at the Emmys, ignoring his wife at the actual ceremony so he could moon over and offer a drinking flask to Gwen who was seated behind him.

When that BI was posted, the rumor was that the source was Amanda Peet, Benioff's wife, who (if you believe it) has fed Enty quite a few GoT cast member blind items. Why she would do this is beyond me (unless she just doesn't like certain cast members).

Incidentally, Enty has a podcast open to subscribers and sometimes he will reveal blind items exclusive to subscribers that he won't do on the regular site. He did reveal on one of his podcasts that Gwen was the answer to a blind item about a GoT actress staging a photo op for her and her partner after being caught in an indiscretion with a married co-star.

Speaking of GoT blind items, does anyone remember that Lena H/Charles Dance blind item in which it alleged that not only were the two engaged in a hot and heavy affair but he was likely the father of her just born child? That didn't post on Enty or Blind Gossip. It was another site but I loved it because it was too funny (as well as untrue).

by Anonymousreply 112August 21, 2020 3:50 PM

Its a hot look. He's delightful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 28, 2020 12:25 AM

He looks really good with the short hair. People felt that his hair was the only thing he had going for him, but I think he looks good with the short hair.

by Anonymousreply 114August 28, 2020 12:36 AM

Kit looks great with short hair, but honestly, he needs to keep his facial hair. He looks gross without it. I used to tell people I had a crush on Jon Snow not Kit Harington, but I may have to revise that. I love what he does with the accent in this piece. He really is very talented. I guess he's still trying to exorcise Jon Snow from his brain.

I know we want NCW to be a dirty hot man, but after watching his interviews, he is such a complete, total square, truly. He is dull as dogshit. His sense of humor must be real Danish, because he will say things he thinks are amusing or funny and you're like, "...and..." He just steps all over the punchline...if there is one.

He has the personality of a guy you'd see at a party and run the other way so you're not stuck with him. Except he is really good looking, although not as tall as he appears. I like him. But ...uh, no. Do I believe he may have gotten free pieces of ass here and there? probably. But he is not serious material when it comes to roguish rakes.

by Anonymousreply 115August 28, 2020 1:13 AM

Jon Snow gets a job as an accountant. I agree with you. Kit should never lose his facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 116August 28, 2020 11:11 AM

Lmao Nikolaj spent 2.6 million in a house in LA without even telling his own wife but is out there donating 40 bucks to her charity campaign.

by Anonymousreply 117August 28, 2020 5:14 PM

*on a house, my bad

by Anonymousreply 118August 28, 2020 5:15 PM

What's her charity? 40 bucks? Wow. Big spender.

by Anonymousreply 119August 28, 2020 6:55 PM

Damn, even multi-millionaire designer Virgil Abloh donated $50 to a BLM charity.

by Anonymousreply 120August 28, 2020 6:58 PM

R113 Kit is looking great, but then I remember how tall he is and how many STIs he probably has and it puts me off.

R117 I saw that. Nikolaj could put his hand in his pocket and buy that defibrillator outright without breaking a sweat, but he’s always been a bit of a prick about parting with his cash. Ask his ex manager. I think it’s abundantly clear that his wife is trying to re-style herself as the Mother Theresa of Greenland now that their kids have all but flown the coop. That entire family has the same Danish manager, who was pushing the happy couple on Nikolaj’s birthday after some fairly disastrous candid photos surfaced from when they were on holiday. Their image is being heavily managed right now, which makes me wonder what’s going on. Either he’s about to get a decent payday on another high profile show/movie, or something is up.

by Anonymousreply 121August 28, 2020 7:28 PM

Well, I wouldn't mind if NCW got a new gig. Something good. Like Jaime Lannister. That really was the role of a lifetime. He was great. I go back and watch all his scenes now and then. He was quite wonderful. Better IMO than hammy Peter Dinklage who chewed up every scene he was in...or tried to. At a certain point I was on the side of Jorah Mormont and everyone else who told Tyrion to shut The fuck up! NCW was nuanced. Just go re-watch his final scene with Olenna Tyrell. He was brilliant. His scenes with Lena Heady especially the one where he leaves her. Lena was great in that one too. She was her best when she was poisoning the woman who poisoned Myrcella. And I loved her when she was in that final confrontation with Tyrion, and he shouted at her to kill him, and she did that thing with her mouth. She is quite wonderful too.

by Anonymousreply 122August 28, 2020 7:54 PM

[quote] She was her best when she was poisoning the woman who poisoned Myrcella. And I loved her when she was in that final confrontation with Tyrion

For me, her best performances were always the ones related to her kids. Confronting the Sandsnakes about Myrcella, held up in the throne room with the first Tommen ready to take poison in case Stannis takes Kings Landing, fighting with Tyrion wth Myrcella was sent off to the Sandsnakes. All great.

Emilia is coming out with a new grievance about on-set treatment. As one of the leads, and especially the lead in her little part of the world of Dany, Jorah, Missandei and Grey Worm, I would think she would speak up for equitable treatment.

According to The Daily Mail, Emilia, 33, said male stars were offered far more comfortable options than the females. In the heat, she says, the men's costumes were manipulated to cool them; in cold environments, they were allowed to add furs to their costumes.

"The guys in the Night's Watch, Jon Snow, are wearing a woolly mammoth all the time," she said. "When we were shooting things in a hot country when they had all of those things on, they had this pump that had its own little generator attached into the costumes. They used it to pump cold water into these pipes and cool them all down so underneath they had this weird kind of cooling system."

The women on the set didn't have those same luxuries.

"Girls weren't allowed that. All I could get was the back of my wig to be lifted up," she said during the Edinburgh TV Festival. "It's too hard, I've got a wig on, they don't make cold packs you know, you put ice packs on yourself."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 28, 2020 8:06 PM

She probably wasn't offered the cooling option because her winter outfits had tighter fit. The men were wearing big shapeless sacks of fur, she was wearing neat little coats with fitted waists, and a cold pack underneath would have made her look 10 pounds heavier.

Her little coats were just lovely, I had no idea she was wearing them in hot weather! The show really did make it look like it was winter everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 28, 2020 9:04 PM

They only filmed season one in a hot country (Malta, Mdiina ,Rabbat) . The rest were done in The Irish Republic which is cold and wet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 29, 2020 1:43 AM

To be fair, Emilia is probably trying to come up with something, anything, new and interesting to say about GOT.

by Anonymousreply 126August 29, 2020 2:23 AM

Unfortunately, because Season 8 was such a clusterfuck, such a dumpster fire, it's hard to watch past episodes knowing how poorly it all ends.

I love Dany's white winter coat.

R117, How do you know Nikolaj contributed only $40 to his wife's charity? Can you post a link to this if it's in the public record? That's a strangely tiny donation to make especially given that GoT made him wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 127August 29, 2020 1:34 PM

I still like to rewatch it because some of the episodes are still pretty spectacular. Now, depending on my mood. I start with Season 6. I watch it until in episode 4 of Season 8 Euron Greyjoy attacks Dany as she arrives home to Dragonstone, and they capture Missandei. I refuse to watch them kill Missandei. It is too upsetting. So I skip to the battle scenes in episode 5 when Dany takes out those giant arrows and burns the fleet and defeats Cersei. I watch it until Jon kills her and the dragon flies away with her dead body. That's it. The end.Because IMO that's how it should have ended. Jon becoming king. Reluctantly, but king none the less.

by Anonymousreply 128August 29, 2020 2:27 PM

[quote]Unfortunately, because Season 8 was such a clusterfuck, such a dumpster fire, it's hard to watch past episodes knowing how poorly it all ends.

Nope, the strong episodes are still great and provide enjoyable viewing. Thrones was always uneven. So many plotlines, there were always characters I didn't give a shit about (Looking at you, Theon.)

I am in another rewatch and have just started S5. Instead of FF through the scenes that I didn't like, I watched in its entirety this time and Dany is really fucking annoying in S4. I don't know how anyone could have missed the signs. I mean, Barristan Fucking Selmy tells her to take a chill pill and that, sometimes, we should answer injustice with MERCY. Girl ain't hearing it.

It also becomes increasingly clearer how Stannis foreshadowed Dany's arc. Dude was convinced in his destiny as the one true savior, too, blah blah blah, and had a propensity for burning people alive. Look how well that turned out for him. Even the piling on of things turning to shit right after he allowed his daughter to be burned, mimics Dany's string of upsets.

by Anonymousreply 129August 29, 2020 7:00 PM

Rewatching it. That cute, nice king was the one jerking with his cousin?! I feel sullied now.

by Anonymousreply 130August 29, 2020 9:56 PM

What cute nice king jerking with his cousin?????

by Anonymousreply 131September 1, 2020 7:41 PM

Not-Jeoffery . There was some video. Who knows of he was 18, but it was all over the net.

I mean my cousin and I may have...

by Anonymousreply 132September 1, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote]What cute nice king jerking with his cousin?????

Tommen/Dean Charles Chapman.

[quote]There was some video. Who knows of he was 18, but it was all over the net

The reason I think he was 18 is because if someone had that video prior, they would not have hung onto it and waited until he left the show. They would have posted it immediately. The fact that he and his cousin looked so young was their saving grace because people weren't sure of their ages so it wasn't splashed all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 133September 1, 2020 8:05 PM

Dean Charles Chapman is a bit of an asshole listening to his interviews. He was on a red carpet talking to some media type talking about all the pussy he gets...He has talent for sure. Billy Elliott.

by Anonymousreply 134September 1, 2020 8:54 PM

He was lucky to get that role in "1917." Wasn't he dating that actress who played Myrcella?

by Anonymousreply 135September 2, 2020 1:05 AM

He turned out to have a pretty nice scepter, even if his cousin's was thicker.

by Anonymousreply 136September 2, 2020 3:28 AM

I've heard Nikolaj's wife is gonna compete on Danish DWTS. What has she done, besides plastic surgery and being his wife?

by Anonymousreply 137September 2, 2020 9:59 PM

Honestly, you don't need that much to compete on DWTS, regardless of where it is. Remember when George Clooney's ex-girlfriend, Elizabeth something (she was Italian) competed on DWTS and the only thing she was known for was that she was Clooney's ex? At least Nikolaj's wife is an actress and she has acted in Denmark and in her native Greenland.

by Anonymousreply 138September 2, 2020 10:21 PM

Wasn't NCW's wife also a beauty queen long years ago?

by Anonymousreply 139September 2, 2020 10:28 PM

She's a singer. I'm not sure how popular she is in Denmark. I saw a clip of her singing on one of their chat shows.

by Anonymousreply 140September 2, 2020 10:46 PM

Her singing can raise the cows from the dead. She's AWFUL. Maybe in Greenland, that's good. Maybe they all have tin ears but outside of Greenland, she's a "singer" who can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 141September 3, 2020 12:06 AM

Her beauty queen days are long behind her.

by Anonymousreply 142September 3, 2020 12:06 AM

My first thought was that D-listers only do those dance shows for money or exposure. Her husband is a millionaire so it must be the latter. I saw the video that she did to announce it and, holy fuck, she needs to sue whoever did work on her lips. They’re really, really fucking bad!

by Anonymousreply 143September 3, 2020 12:50 AM

I couldn't listen to her singing and, oh boy, she's ugly. What's wrong with her lips?

by Anonymousreply 144September 3, 2020 1:29 PM

Is there a link to this video announcement?

by Anonymousreply 145September 3, 2020 3:40 PM

Stoppit! Nukaaka Coster-Waldau is a Greenlandic singer...she has been inspired by the Beluga and the Narwhal whales and she has perfect pitch! In fact, as a teenager, she made quite a bit of money going to sea with whale-watching boats. Her calls to the whales had them flocking to the boats to say hello to tourists. One whale even attempted to kidnap Nukaaka after she lost her own calf, she was so moved.

by Anonymousreply 146September 3, 2020 3:58 PM

None of you clearly appreciate singing talent.

by Anonymousreply 147September 3, 2020 4:44 PM

So do you think Bjork is aware that Nukaka is totally biting her style? But honestly never heard her music until today.. all I can say is that it sounds quite dated.

by Anonymousreply 148September 3, 2020 7:24 PM

Is there any gossip about Weiss and Benioff? What have they been up to since GoT ended?

by Anonymousreply 149September 4, 2020 5:16 AM

They're adapting a Chinese sci-fi trilogy into a Netflix series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 4, 2020 2:40 PM

I'd rather see Iain Glen frolicking at the beach than Charles Dance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 5, 2020 4:12 AM

I assume this gf is 30 years younger than him, the way Dance likes it.

by Anonymousreply 152September 5, 2020 11:33 AM

Maisie says that Kit was told during an earlier season that Jon was going to kill the Night King. She also said she had the best storyline of the final season. No kidding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 5, 2020 2:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154September 6, 2020 1:53 AM

EW has run an excerpt from James Hibberd's upcoming tell-all book about "Game of Thrones." Judging from the excerpt, the story is being told in oral monologues from the cast and crew. In this EW excerpt, the cast and GRRM are talking about the failed pilot. Mark Addy, who played Robert, said one huge mistake is how when Robert came to Winterfell in the failed pilot, the actors were not told to bow. It simply didn't occur to Benioff and Weiss that they should. Can you believe it? Lena said she looked like Dolly Parton, all hair and massive furs. She loved it but it was wrong for Cersei to look like that. I swear this excerpt makes me want to get the book, which I vowed I wouldn't because Hibberd is such a shameless shill for HBO and Benioff & Weiss. Also included in this excerpt is GRRM talking about how Benioff and Weiss wanted to eliminate Rickon early on but GRRM said he had big plans for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 15, 2020 1:39 PM

I want to hear the dirt. Yeah, it's interesting to get these perspectives in Hibberd's book but I'd rather hear what HBO, Benioff and Weiss don't want us to know. The cast will never go on the record to tell all, because they have to work in the future but off the record they can say plenty.

by Anonymousreply 156September 15, 2020 4:00 PM

R156, I think a no holds barred truly tell all expose will happen in the future if and when a cast member or someone who worked behind the scenes needs a desperate infusion of cash.

by Anonymousreply 157September 15, 2020 4:10 PM

[quote]Benioff and Weiss wanted to eliminate Rickon early on but GRRM said he had big plans for him.

GRRM has yet to even bring his "big plans" for Rickon to fruition in the books.

I was torn about Rickon - I hated that he and Osha were brought back just to be killed, but I would have hated if he was just left dangling in the wind.

by Anonymousreply 158September 15, 2020 8:41 PM

An anecdote about Dame Diana Rigg by one of the Sandsnakes.

In an anecdote from James Hibberd's book, Jessica Henwick speaks about a scene from the HBO show where Olenna is discussing strategy with Ellaria Sand, before snapping, "Oh do shut up… Let the grown women speak" at Obara, Tyene and Nymeria.

Henwick remembered: "She walked onto the set, and she went, 'I’m ready now!' A cameraman came over and went, 'Well, okay, but we haven’t finished setting up.'

"She interrupted him and said, 'Roll the cameras!' And she just started doing her lines. "She did two takes, and then the guy came over and was like, 'Great, now we’re going to do a close-up.' And she just stood up and she went, 'I’m done!'"

Henwick continued: "Now, she can’t walk fast. She has to be helped. So basically we just sat there and watched as Diana Rigg effectively did her own version of storming off the set, but it was at 0.1 miles per hour. She cracked me up. I loved her."

by Anonymousreply 159September 21, 2020 10:28 PM

Hasn't this show been over for like 5 years or something? The ending sucked ass. And people were actually trying to say that GoT is better than LotR.

by Anonymousreply 160September 21, 2020 10:30 PM

I stumbled onto NCW’s Insta today and saw that he’d posted stories about his burnt wood outdoor gym looking like he lives in it. Is he alright? He looks like he’s knee deep in a mid-life crisis.

R159 I’m glad Dame DR was a massive diva. She’d earned the right. She was also old and probably just wanted to go back to her hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 161September 21, 2020 11:22 PM

I have such a crush on Charles dance.

by Anonymousreply 162September 21, 2020 11:42 PM

Kit's in the second episode of Netflix's "Criminal - UK". He's good at playing an arrogant asshole.

by Anonymousreply 163September 22, 2020 3:50 AM

Maisie was recently interviewed by a Brazilian (?) publication. She said she has not seen Sophie's baby in person but they have face timed and done a lot of photo sharing. She also said that since the pandemic, the cast of GoT has been even more in touch than they were prior to COVID on WhatsApp.

by Anonymousreply 164September 22, 2020 7:27 PM

Kit is at it again-according to Enty. I wonder who the new hookup is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 23, 2020 4:55 PM

There is nothing in that blind that screams Harington, and he's only one of many suspects. Hooking up with someone outside of the marriage in London during Covid seems doubly stupid.

Emilia's fans who are obsessed with these two being together routinely send in blinds to Enty that are total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 166September 23, 2020 11:12 PM

Hello to Kit's publicist!

by Anonymousreply 167September 23, 2020 11:30 PM

Also, I read some of the comments in the DM article linked in the comments of that blind - they are absolutely horrific. Bunch of deplorables. Kit made a harmless comment about his mother offering him gender fluid toys as a kid and people are attacking his parents as horrible people responsible for his drinking and depression? Fuck people. Seriously. The world fucking sucks right now.

And to R167, questioning a blind's veracity doesn't make me his publicist, ffs. Since when did CDAN become a bastion of truth? Go back to LSA, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 168September 23, 2020 11:34 PM

Why are you so hellbent on proving that Kit isn't the answer to that blind item? It's not like he's some kind saint or a stranger to bad behavior and poor judgement. There are a MILLION stories about his carousing in Belfast, banging all sorts of women (and not just Rose and Emilia). Some of these stories came from members of the crew or insiders. Hell, a few were posted on DL!

Enty wasn't the only gossip site to print these barely disguised blind items about Kit. And now you're foaming at the mouth because there's a rumor that Kit might be back to displaying poor judgement and bad behavior? Are you related to Kit? Are you his mom? Are you Rose? Why are you so emotionally invested in this? This is a gossip site and this is a gossip thread on GoT cast and crew. And last I heard, Kit was a member of that cast.

You seriously need to get a grip or take some valium. It's because of raging freaks like you that so many insiders stay the heck away from DL because they don't want to be subjected to the blithering, expletive-laden vitriol of an unhinged lunatic . Do you defend your relatives and loved ones with the same amount of psychotic fervor?

by Anonymousreply 169September 24, 2020 12:22 AM

Lol, what? Rage freak? Valium? I'm [italic]hellbent[/italic]?? Hon, your hysterical screed says more about your emotional state than anything I just posted in my comment. I can assure you, I'm just sitting here calm as can be, making an observation. I'm well aware of the gossip over the years, but still doesn't make that blind about him. There's barely anything to it, it could be about anybody, which I suspect is the point. I'm not doubting someone here with insider knowledge, it's fucking CDAN.

My disgust over the gross comments at DM - yeah, right now, I'm a bit sick of the rethugs and their hateful comments everywhere you look. The climate right now has me on edge.

[quote]Are you Rose?

Yeah, you just outed yourself as a fat frau, probably one of those Emilia loons. Like I give a shit about his wife, lol.

by Anonymousreply 170September 24, 2020 2:06 AM

I am interested to read Hibberd's book, even though I agree with R155 about him. Hibberd was at times embarrassingly sycophantic towards D&D, and a major apologist for almost everything they and the show were criticised for. I stopped bothering to read his recaps because he had very little journalistic objectivity towards it by the end. I got the impression that in return for having so much access to the set and to people involved in the show, that he was expected to toe the line and be largely uncritical. His earlier writing about the show was a bit different, he was more willing to call out shortcomings at times, until at least the end of season 3. But the oral history format does mean getting to hear from many more people involved in the show, not just having the story filtered through his "official" perspective.

But I wonder if EW releasing the extract about the failed original pilot might be a bit misleading, in the sense of leading people to expect that the book will be a lot more critical in general than it actually is. D&D never had any problems being honest about the problems and criticisms of the first pilot, it's the criticisms of what came later which they have rarely wanted to address. So I wonder how much difference of opinion Hibberd will be willing to include in the final book, or if he will mainly include comments from people which essentially endorse the official line that D&D and HBO took.

There's an old interview with Benioff on the BBC website from early 2003, after 25th Hour was released in the UK, where he answers questions sent in by viewers about screenwriting, and his tone is very different to the GoT years. Much more humble, and actually thanks people for both asking the questions and for reading his answers. Contrast that with the last few years of GoT where he and Weiss refused to engage with any kind of challenging questions in interviews, acting at times like they thought it was beneath them to have to do so.

What I would be most interested in is to know what notes went back and forth between D & D and HBO about the content of the show, and the struggle between the two sides: how much of what we got was D & D's choice, and how much were things that HBO requested or insisted that they include? And I would be very surprised if Hibberd got anyone to go on record about much of that. But seeing the range of people interviewed in the extracts so far does at least give me hope that we will hear some things we haven't heard before about other aspects of the show.

by Anonymousreply 171September 25, 2020 1:35 PM

I'm curious to read what GRRM says in Hibberd's book. I did see from one of the EW excerpts GRRM did express his disappointment at D&D cutting out Lady Stoneheart from the TV show. He also said in another excerpt that he told D&D not to get rid of Rickon as he "had big plans for him." I'm curious what he says in the latter seasons when D&D basically wrote their version of a GoT fan fiction after there was no more writings to draw upon.

by Anonymousreply 172September 25, 2020 3:41 PM

Benioff turns 50 today.

by Anonymousreply 173September 25, 2020 7:22 PM

^^ He's officially a hot daddy now.

by Anonymousreply 174September 26, 2020 2:24 AM

Hot daddy is Iain Glen in the film "The Racer'. Not bad for being nearly 60.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 26, 2020 5:03 AM

Thank you, R159, that story made me laugh loud enough to wake up the cat!

Gawd, I love Dians Rigg...

by Anonymousreply 176September 26, 2020 5:45 AM

Didn't Iain and Lena do a TV movie that aired on the BBC?

by Anonymousreply 177September 26, 2020 1:30 PM

I loved this scene with Lady Olenna asking Cersei if she's the worst person she ever met. Rigg is so fabulous!!! RIP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178September 26, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote]Didn't Iain and Lena do a TV movie that aired on the BBC?

Did "The Flood" air on BBC? It was to be for theatrical release.

by Anonymousreply 179September 26, 2020 2:36 PM

Speaking of hot daddies, Harington and the wife are officially expecting.

by Anonymousreply 180September 26, 2020 5:17 PM

I half expected them to be divorced by now. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 181September 26, 2020 6:28 PM

Yeah, good for them. A little Wildling/Snow. That will be a beautiful child.

by Anonymousreply 182September 26, 2020 7:59 PM

Here's the story from People.com.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 26, 2020 8:00 PM

WEHT Kit Harrington's Russian hooker pics?

by Anonymousreply 184September 26, 2020 8:04 PM

I think HBO paid that Russian hooker off and got those pics either removed or buried.

Not that anyone cares but the actor who played The Mountain is also expecting a baby with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 185September 26, 2020 8:09 PM

Now for the really important stuff - looks like the hair grew back thicker than ever. So much for all the balding jokes back in June when he got the lockdown buzzcut. It grew like wildfire. Reminds me that I need to get some of my covid hair cut soon. I think its been a year since I've been in a salon.

R185, I'm guessing a lot of couples were getting busy at the beginning of the pandemic. Not a whole lot else to do. As for the Russian hooker's pics of him - they're still out there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 26, 2020 8:14 PM

Oh yes, this is definitely a quarantine baby. Babies and divorces come out of quarantines.

by Anonymousreply 187September 26, 2020 8:24 PM

Is Kit bi? There have been rumors he's bi and has picked up both men and women.

by Anonymousreply 188September 26, 2020 8:45 PM

R188 if you follow the Deuxmoi account someone claimed to hook up with him (when he was engaged to RL) and then said he told her he’s bi and the following weekend totally dissed her and took two guys to his room. ETA: Deuxmoi on IG. I would say allegedly bi. I find it funny that Sophie Turner said Kit texted her congratulations on her baby and said the best part of babies is giving them back to their parents.

by Anonymousreply 189September 26, 2020 8:53 PM

[quote]and the following weekend totally dissed her and took two guys to his room.

That is hilarious, I love it. There have been lots of tweets about gay hookups with Kit over the years but they never have a lot of detail and don't get any traction. The most recent one suggested he was a top, though, so he must have been working those two boys over something fierce.

There was also gossip of Kit fucking anything that moved in the last year of filming Thrones, though. Probably getting what he could before the marriage locked him down. Of course, he was also a complete mess at the time, too - the drunken videos and the Russian hooker pics showed that crystal clear.

is the Deuxmoi (Mary!) person supposedly a gay or a woman?

by Anonymousreply 190September 26, 2020 10:15 PM

R190 no idea who Deuxmoi is. Nor did I know there were other claims of hookups with other men for Kit.

by Anonymousreply 191September 26, 2020 11:01 PM

Deuxmoi is a woman. She was interviewed in a podcast a month or so ago. And there was an article about Deuxmoi that was just published in the Daily Beast. She reminds me of what Enty used to be about 10 years ago. She got started back in March after the pandemic happened and she got laid off. She then asked for people to send her gossip and the site began to blow up.

I just started following the FB page. It's a lot of fun. Everyone has so much dish to share although I wish there was a moratorium on the reality stars.

by Anonymousreply 192September 27, 2020 12:45 AM

The Kit stuff with the guys is great dish. Wow. I think Enty used to run blind items about Kit and men a while back. This was before the constant Kit/Emilia/Rose triangle blind items.

I remember Lipstick Alley used to obsess over the triangle, nonstop. I used to read that site for GoT gossip but had to stop because Kit/Rose/Emilia were all they cared about--plus, there was real hatred (probably jealousy) of Rose that I couldn't figure out why.

by Anonymousreply 193September 27, 2020 12:49 AM

R193, yep Enty used to run blind items about Kit and guys. Then it became all Kit/Rose/Emilia.

R192. Thanks for the Deuxmoi intel.

by Anonymousreply 194September 27, 2020 2:35 AM

There was someone on this thread who swore that Kit and Richard Madden were a thing for a while.

I think it was on a twitter thread about Kit in his super tight jeans walking about with the dog and the quarantine haircut where someone posted about a grindr hookup with a Scottish mate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 27, 2020 2:45 AM

Kit with DL Fave Ben Barnes, just because.

Such bruhs, bruh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196September 27, 2020 11:42 AM

[quote]I think Enty used to run blind items about Kit and men a while back. This was before the constant Kit/Emilia/Rose triangle blind items.

Tbh, I think some of those blinds were actually about Richard, now that we know what a little slut he is.

[quote]I remember Lipstick Alley used to obsess over the triangle, nonstop. I used to read that site for GoT gossip but had to stop because Kit/Rose/Emilia were all they cared about--plus, there was real hatred (probably jealousy) of Rose that I couldn't figure out why.

Last time I looked over there, they were still obsessed. Of course they hate the wife. She's a white, skinny bitch who grew up in a castle (hence, privileged) and she fucks their celeb crush on the daily. They seethe with hatred because they are fat, ugly fucks who can't get laid. Or fat fraus whose husbands ignore them. No wonder the QAnon threads flourished there. Isn't that site getting investigated by the FBI?

by Anonymousreply 197September 27, 2020 3:38 PM

Lipstick Alley is getting investigated by the FBI? Are you kidding me? It's that important?

I thought they hated Rose because they were Kit/Emilia fanatics and Kit's relationship with and marriage to Rose destroyed their Kimilia fantasy. Although you're right, it does sound a lot like envy is also a big reason why they hate Rose.

by Anonymousreply 198September 27, 2020 4:52 PM

Oh please, every skinny light-skinned wife or GF of a hot Male celebrity gets online hate!

We were hardly the only jealous bitches around.

by Anonymousreply 199September 27, 2020 7:24 PM

R198 No, they're not that important, its more about the q a nons. It looks like the thread about Trumpists considering the rapture has disappeared but there was a post on there from someone who mentioned the Qs had infiltrated that place and f b i might be shutting it down. You didn't hear it from me, though.

by Anonymousreply 200September 28, 2020 4:41 AM

The Mountain actor and his wife had a baby.

by Anonymousreply 201September 28, 2020 12:02 PM

Interesting. Enty just revealed this BI to be Sean Bean/Nicholas Cage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 28, 2020 6:31 PM

What was in Cage's house???

Sad that Bean has a history of hitting his wives but we know he's a drunken mess.

by Anonymousreply 203September 28, 2020 6:33 PM

R203 There’s been rumours about Cage getting a little too into snuff films after he filmed 8MM.

Bean basically ruined his looks and his career with the alcohol. Back in his Sharpe days, he was fucking gorgeous and he could act.

If Rose thinks getting knocked up will stop Kit from cheating then she’s in for a rude awakening. It’ll just make him less likely to divorce her. As long as she’s secured the £££, I doubt she’ll care.

by Anonymousreply 204September 28, 2020 7:05 PM

Okay, who else from the GoT cast is going to have the next quarantine baby?

by Anonymousreply 205September 28, 2020 7:35 PM

He's very lowkey so that's why no one cares, but Jacob Anderson (GreyWorm) and his wife recently had a baby.

by Anonymousreply 206September 28, 2020 7:36 PM

Wow! Congrats to Jacob and his wife. He was very understated I agree but wonderful as Greyworm.

by Anonymousreply 207September 28, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote]If Rose thinks getting knocked up will stop Kit from cheating then she’s in for a rude awakening. It’ll just make him less likely to divorce her. As long as she’s secured the £££, I doubt she’ll care.

And neither will we. I want to see Kit being a big whore. I bet he throws down a mean fuck and talks super dirty.

by Anonymousreply 208September 30, 2020 3:51 AM

More excerpts from Hibberd's upcoming book featured in EW. This excerpt focuses on Emilia's serious health issues and brain surgery during the first season of GoT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 1, 2020 11:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 2, 2020 3:15 PM

Speaking of GOT actors with nice asses who dick around on their wives, I saw NCW “supporting” his wife’s ascent to Z-listdom on the Danish version of DWTS.

Nikolaj, if you’re going to post something like that on IG: 1. Brush up on your acting skills. You didn’t look awed, impressed or proud. You looked mildly constipated. 2. Cut your hair and invest in a toothpick. You look homeless and you’re losing any good will that people like me might have to sit through the mediocre, low budget crap you insist on being in. You’re an OK actor, but 75% of your career has been about your looks. Both Mads and Claes are much better actors. 3. Perhaps don’t draw attention to the fact that you didn’t actually go to the biggest thing your wife has been involved in since... well, ever.

I swear, I’ve known about this dude’s marriage circling the drain for YEARS, and I’ve rolled my eyes so fucking much every time he’s pulled the “happily married” schtick. His PR team also make me want to drive into a wall at 90mph.

by Anonymousreply 211October 3, 2020 2:58 AM

R211 why don’t you unfollow him if his IG pains you so much?

by Anonymousreply 212October 3, 2020 4:02 AM

I looked for his IG and couldn't find it. Only fan accounts.

by Anonymousreply 213October 3, 2020 12:32 PM

Isn't he filming something in Iceland, playing an explorer? That probably explains the unkempt look.

So he wants to cheer her on from abroad. Big deal. Of course, it's total PR for the show and the wife--probably pre-arranged. Aren't he and Mads the two biggest stars in Denmark? I'm sure that tacky TV dance show his wife is on more than welcomed that tribute from one of the country's biggest stars.

I've always been curious about him and Birgitte Hjort Sørensen. She's a wonderful Danish actress who has acted with Nikolaj in a few movies, including a movie he produced. GoT fans will remember her as the female wildling in "Hardhome." She also played an Andy Warhol groupie in HBO's disastrous "Vinyl." That show was awful but Birgitte was excellent.

"Claes?" Who the heck is this????

By the way, where is his friend/former co-star Gwen? She has been MIA lately. Is she acting again? Yachting?

by Anonymousreply 214October 3, 2020 12:55 PM

[quote]Birgitte Hjort Sørensen. She's a wonderful Danish actress who has acted with Nikolaj in a few movies, including a movie he produced. GoT fans will remember her as the female wildling in "Hardhome."

I'm about to watch her and Pilou in Borgen on Netflix and I am so excited. I've been wanting to watch this for a few years.

[quote][R211] why don’t you unfollow him if his IG pains you so much?

Because this is what the fraus do. They get off on dragging their celeb obsession almost as much as they do stanning them (hating on the wife being their 2nd favorite activity). If their actor crush isn't doing or appearing as they wish them to be, they get outraged and bitch about it ENDLESSLY.

by Anonymousreply 215October 3, 2020 4:57 PM

"I'm about to watch her and Pilou in Borgen on Netflix and I am so excited. I've been wanting to watch this for a few years."

Oooh. I want to see this too. I like Pilou. He seems like a really nice, fun guy. He was so badly misused in GoT. Of course, it wasn't his fault. He played a badly written, poorly adapted character. But he did try to bring some enthusiasm to the performance because what else could he do? I would like to see him in something good that shows off his acting ability.

by Anonymousreply 216October 3, 2020 5:17 PM

R215 Sweetie, this whole place is about dragging celebs. 10/10 for observational skills. Also, me being a frau is news to me.

Mr Coster-Waldau has been fucking around AT LEAST since he did that short-lived Fox show before GoT was greenlit. Danish gossip mags have had receipts about his proclivities and the state of his marriage for a long time, but he’s managed to dodge being caught out in the press by giving exclusive interviews etc. His wife is hardly squeaky clean either. She ended up outing herself as bi recently after a couple of indiscretions with women over the years nearly came to light, and an admission about her mental health was an effective way of clinging onto the marriage. Every time his foot is out of the door, she plays that card. And yes, this info has come straight from someone who used to work for one of the gossip mags I mentioned until very recently.

R214 As for Gwendoline, female celebs usually go AWOL for 3 reasons: hiding a pregnancy, plastic surgery or rehab/a breakdown. Take your pick!

by Anonymousreply 217October 3, 2020 7:23 PM

R217, Wow. That's some really good dish. Yeah!

"She ended up outing herself as bi recently after a couple of indiscretions with women over the years nearly came to light, and an admission about her mental health was an effective way of clinging onto the marriage. Every time his foot is out of the door, she plays that card. And yes, this info has come straight from someone who used to work for one of the gossip mags I mentioned until very recently."

I didn't know that about his wife's indiscretions with women over the years--just that one relationship she talked about. But that wouldn't surprise me. Pre-COVID, he seemed to spend most of the year away from home and living in a different country. People have noted this on this board but she always seems so uncomfortable and unhappy when she went to public events with Nikolaj, be it award shows, premieres, etc. Maybe she's just nervous? I don't know.

About Nikolaj, I did read on another board--I don't know how true it is--but someone who said he/she had friends in Copenhagen said that whenever Nikolaj is in town, it's "open season."

"As for Gwendoline, female celebs usually go AWOL for 3 reasons: hiding a pregnancy, plastic surgery or rehab/a breakdown. Take your pick!" Yes, I agree. It could be any of those reasons. But there are also rumors that she yachts but I don't think yachting requires an extended leave of absence (unless the clients get a little frisky but I think Gwendoline, the Amazon, could handle herself).

Or maybe (I hope not) she has COVID. Cases have been surging in the UK lately and restrictions are being re-imposed. I hope it's not this. I'm happy the Tormund actor recovered. I know Indira Varma (Ellaria) also had it and hope she's doing well.

by Anonymousreply 218October 3, 2020 8:07 PM

Kit was photographed leaving his home with his luggage in tow. Where is he going? Shooting a movie?

by Anonymousreply 219October 3, 2020 8:11 PM

He wasn't going anywhere, R219. As you can see in 210's post, he was helping his brother-in-law and gf load their luggage into their Uber. He wasn't waving to his friends, as they are coming out of the door behind him, but probably flagged down their Uber driver, by the looks of it. Here is the entire photo that the DM cropped. The pics in the article show him actually loading the big suitcase into the boot of the car.

Makes me wonder if the girl behind him was the "new woman" Kit is supposedly banging, if they were seen about town together, lol.

by Anonymousreply 220October 4, 2020 4:26 AM

oops. Here's the full pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221October 4, 2020 4:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 4, 2020 4:29 AM

He still looks really good.

by Anonymousreply 223October 4, 2020 11:52 AM

I think Harington looks delicious. He needs to keep the facial hair, but I love the way his hair is styled, shorter, etc. And the glasses he wears make him look sexy,.....imo.

by Anonymousreply 224October 4, 2020 3:11 PM

He looks so much better with facial hair. Without it, he looks 12.

by Anonymousreply 225October 4, 2020 3:17 PM

In case you needed further evidence of what dicks Benioff & Weiss are, according to the new oral history book on GoT written by EW shill James Hibberd, the two showrunners played a prank on Maisie and Sophie. They told them they couldn't attend the wrap party for the pilot episode; instead they could attend a "special underage wrap party at McDonald's." The two then young girls cried. HA-HA. Aren't Benioff & Weiss so funny? Dickheads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 6, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote]Aren't Benioff & Weiss so funny?

I thought it was funny. I don't think you're going to get much sympathy from DL on the evils of teasing kids. They hardly traumatized the girls. My whole family must be dicks if that level of prank is considered egregious, lol. Millenials are truly the most delicate generation I've ever seen. Such hothouse flowers.

Really reaching at anything these days to keep the ongoing smear campaign on these guys. The show's over. Let it go. If for no other reason than it's fucking boring.

by Anonymousreply 227October 6, 2020 1:23 AM

We at the Datalounge do NOT approve of making little girls cry, R227.

The shrieking noises they make give us headaches and make us retire to our fainting couches! What we want from children is that they keep their traps shut at all times and not bother us, and because of that we cannot condone deliberate attempts to provoke them.

by Anonymousreply 228October 6, 2020 2:26 AM

I'm glad Mylod was honest about Dame Diana. Her antics are amusing from the outside, but if it were a man acting this way, it wouldn't be seen as funny or charming.

Director Mark Mylod, meanwhile, says he was “terrified” of Rigg, who he says dismissed him with a curt, “Thank you! Go away!” after rejecting his direction. “I became a 5-year-old boy,” he continues. “I could feel myself blushing and creeping back to my monitor, stripped of any kind of dignity or authority. So I enjoyed killing her later on.”

EW posted more, but there's old news like an actor complaining about being killed off. Everyone knows that's the actor who played Barristan Selmy. D&D said that out of the entire of the cast they only had two dicks in minor roles. I'm guessing Barristan is one, the second is either the one who played Oberyn's brother, Alexander Siddig who also complained about his arc, or Stephen Dillane who played Stannis.

by Anonymousreply 229October 6, 2020 6:51 PM

D&D sound pretty dickish too. Were they always like that or did they let success go to their heads?

by Anonymousreply 230October 6, 2020 6:59 PM

"...if it were a man acting this way, it wouldn't be seen as funny or charming."

Yeah, but it wasn't a man, it was a dumpy little old lady who was about 4'5" and who didn't have long to live. If someone completely physically powerless can intimidate people or reduce them to five year old boys, then they're doing it through nothing but force of personality. Who isn't impressed by that, at least a little.

by Anonymousreply 231October 6, 2020 7:36 PM

[quote]Yeah, but it wasn't a man, it was a dumpy little old lady who was about 4'5" and who didn't have long to live. If someone completely physically powerless can intimidate people or reduce them to five year old boys, then they're doing it through nothing but force of personality. Who isn't impressed by that, at least a little.

She wasn't there for tea and lemon cakes, she was there to work. I take issue with being asked to do her job and she made things needlessly complicated not just for the director, but the other production crew. This is just one anecdote about her.

by Anonymousreply 232October 6, 2020 8:07 PM

If Diana Rigg made it difficult for those two dickheads Benioff & Weiss, then my already immense respect for her is now immeasurable. RIP Dame Diana. You were a fab diva!

by Anonymousreply 233October 6, 2020 9:16 PM

R232, in this case, I think we can forgive her on the grounds that she was older than dirt and didn't have long to live, and may have been failing in body if not in talent.

You don't have to say it's cute or anything, but holding onto inappropriate anger isn't good for a person.

by Anonymousreply 234October 7, 2020 1:02 AM

No one has read Hibberd's "Fire Cannot Kill A Dragon" yet? What kind of GoT gossip fans are you?

I did read it. I enjoyed the first half discussing the earlier seasons but did not care for the second half of the book that's full of PR-vetted regurgitated sound bites/comments given to Hibberd for his previous behind the scenes articles on GoT.

There is much discussion on the Khal Drogo's rape of Dany and Ramsey's rape of Sansa but nothing on Jaime/Cersei. I found that very disingenuous. Also, the showrunners were shocked about how there was great fan backlash toward the Ramsey/Sansa rape. They felt because it wasn't shown that fans shouldn't have gotten so upset. Sigh.

Benioff did say toward the end of the book that looking back there are a few things he would have changed but he won't reveal them publicly.

by Anonymousreply 235October 13, 2020 6:22 PM

I don't think there's really any fodder for gossip in the book, R235, other than Emilia continuing to cry about her character. I am quite liking the book. I'm just finishing up the production struggles on the Battle of the Bastard episodes.

I like hearing from a lot of the producers and HBO people who were involved early on, or were there for the entirety. I think this show would not have been as successful or as dazzling had it been given to people with more experience. Even Martin credits the showrunners for finding the below the line craftsmen who made watching the show such a rich experience. They had some top tier talent, and it was Benioff & Weiss who got that group together.

Cogman seems to the be the beating heart of the team behind the show. You can tell he was a big fanboy of the books, but also, of the series. He acknowledges any negative takes on the product, but he's always careful to offer up the other side of the argument. And Benioff & Weiss were called out by execs for their vision, as well as owning up to their mistakes. They didn't blame it on any of their crew, they were their own harshest critics. It really is amazing what they were able to pull off for a television show. At one point, they had four units shooting at once.

Hibberd got a lot from Dinklage, which was nice. He has gone on record as saying if he hadn't been able to get some key people to do the interviews for the book, he would have dropped it. I like hearing from some of the lesser known actors, as well, like the guy who played cousin Lancel, or Esme Blanco, who played Ros the whore.

by Anonymousreply 236October 16, 2020 12:34 AM

Any gossip on Gethin Anthony who played Renly? He is so low-key that it's hard to know what's going on with him most of the time, he only uses Instagram occasionally and deleted his Twitter a while ago. He used to have a girlfriend but I am pretty sure they broke up during lockdown and have both moved on. He has occasionally hinted in the past that he might be interested in men as well as women, so I was curious if there were any stories or rumours out there.

I also had a look at what was said in the GoT book to get a sense of how he was regarded on set, but Hibberd doesn't really discuss this. What was included was mainly quotes from Gethin praising those he worked with, like Gwendoline Christie and Michelle Fairley, but also a sense between the lines that he didn't really get along with Stephen Dillane, which didn't totally surprise me. I remember Gethin did a Q&A on a GoT fan Instagram account last year, and every time someone asked him about Dillane he sidestepped the question and didn't answer directly.

by Anonymousreply 237October 25, 2020 7:05 PM

Well, too bad for Anthony. I love Dillane. Liam Cunningham and Carice got along with him very well and they used to go out to dinners together.

by Anonymousreply 238October 26, 2020 12:23 AM

Dillane was a major complainer about the show and how he didn't understand the show, but Cunningham defended him in the book. But I can see Dillane being a pill when it comes to the work.

by Anonymousreply 239October 26, 2020 12:31 AM

Yeah, well, Stannis was a hell of a bitter pill, and why better to play him that an actor who's a bit of a dick in real life? Only a real dickhead could empathize with such a tiny-minded asshole!

Such a huge cast. When they played the behind-the-scenes of the finale on HBO, I was astonished to see that the table read involved this massive space with hundreds of people sitting and dozens of tables.

by Anonymousreply 240October 26, 2020 12:54 AM

I think I read somewhere that the Stannis actor's sister died in a fire when she was young. So understandably, he had a very strong visceral reaction to Stannis burning Shireen at the stake as a sacrifice for the Lord of Light.

by Anonymousreply 241November 3, 2020 8:53 PM

Deuxmoi posted a rumor about Gwendoline Christie being seen with Nikolaj in his house in LA last year, before he took his family there (and before that cringy video trying to play family man).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 18, 2020 10:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!