Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Golden State Killer/East Area Rapist Pleads Guilty

I did a search but nothing came up. Shocked this wasn’t here and even more shocked he pled guilty to 13 murders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 8, 2020 7:37 PM

He's not hot. So DL doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 2:04 PM

We had a 600+ reply post on him when he was arrested.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 2:05 PM

Me too OP. I wanted a trial to hear how he did evaded capture for so long and just to watch him. Of course pleading guilty saves money and the victims from having to testify.

by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2020 5:08 AM

He can take that visor off already.

by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2020 5:10 AM

Have there been covid cases in California prisons?

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2020 5:20 AM

R5, yes. Three death row inmates just died of coronavirus at San Quentin recently.

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2020 5:23 AM

I just finished an excellent book about that case called "Sudden Terror". The author's name is Larry Crompton and he does an incredible job of conveying the terror he put those people through.

His victims will be living with what he did for the rest of their lives.

And, I mean Jesus, he got away with it for years and years.

I think a big part of it is what you often hear - different police jurisdictions not willing/wanting to share information with one another.

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2020 5:34 AM

"Three death row inmates just died of coronavirus at San Quentin recently. "

Well, that was convenient!

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2020 6:20 AM

Thanks for the recommendation, R7.

I love when DLers recommend books they’ve read.

Heading to Amazon now.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2020 2:47 PM

r2

link to that thread?

by Anonymousreply 10August 7, 2020 7:11 PM

He's plead guilty but hasn't been sentenced yet. We already know he will get life without parole (that was the plea deal) but the victims and/or their families will get to make victim impact statements at the sentencing hearing, which is scheduled for later this month. It's expected to take a long time and he'll have to sit there and listen.

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2020 7:19 PM

I just finished the HBO series and the ID series where they keep going on about the construction angle which I guess was completely off base now that we know who he was. I am 1/2 way through the HLN series. Does anyone know if there has been a more recent series or podcast with them knowing about DeAngelo?

by Anonymousreply 12August 8, 2020 2:28 AM

For r10 only.

Don’t nobody else click on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 8, 2020 11:23 AM

He was ugly then and even worse now

by Anonymousreply 14August 8, 2020 11:26 AM

R7, thanks for the recommendation.

---"I think a big part of it is what you often hear - different police jurisdictions not willing/wanting to share information with one another."

I am so confirmed in my suspicion that guarding (withholding) information and refusing to ask for help is why cops are the fucking dumbest and most dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 15August 8, 2020 12:02 PM

That’s not the norm today, r15.

They were referring to the 1970s before computers became ubiquitous.

Back then if you wanted to share information with another agency it would literally require a phone call.

In theory: I have a rapist in my area. I’m investigating it but don’t find the need to call every surrounding police agency to tell them and see if they have similar cases. To do that on every case would waste an incredible amount of time and resources at the time.

Nowadays one mass email would get the job done, but not back then. There are still hundreds of cases like that but hindsight is of course 20/20.

by Anonymousreply 16August 8, 2020 1:51 PM

There must be many rapists/murderers hiding in plain sight being very worried about DNA testing leading the cops to them.

by Anonymousreply 17August 8, 2020 2:05 PM

R16, yes I know that the specific consequence of withholding and not asking for help was siloed investigations that would have benefited from cooperation; I think there are new examples of the same proud stubborness that hinder investigations.

by Anonymousreply 18August 8, 2020 3:33 PM

R17 If they can find you through your relatives, it's only a matter of time before they all get caught. Ideally it would deter murderers, but as we can see right now it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 19August 8, 2020 3:55 PM

We've been discussing it a lot, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 8, 2020 6:34 PM

I agree, r18, and there are.

Specifically when it comes to local police and the Famous But Incompetent crew.

by Anonymousreply 21August 8, 2020 7:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!