Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Official I'LL BE GONE IN THE DARK Viewing Party

Buckle-up, bitches! The first thoroughly developed documentary about the Golden State Killer after his arrest and positive I.D. debuts tonight on H.B.O.

Comedian Patton Oswalt's late wife Michelle McNamara spent years investigating the decades-long unsolved murders of this serial killer from California. McNamara never lived to see her book published or the killer I.D.'d and apprehended on the eve of his sentencing ‚— Joseph D'Angelo is expected to plead "guilty" to 13 murders tomorrow.

H.B.O.'s documentary series looks to be as much about McNamara as D'Angelo, for better or for worse. But it's getting good reviews and it's just one of the MANY movies and docs you will see in the future about this absolutely frightening, cunning and gruesome serial killer.

Starts at 10 p.m. E.T.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1859 hours ago

Y'all ready to catch this terror train in a half an hour?

by Anonymousreply 106/28/2020

This looks good

by Anonymousreply 206/28/2020

OP, thanks for the heads up. McNamara didn't really have much to do with the Golden State Killer getting caught (although she did rename him and helped popularize the almost-dead case), so it'll be interesting to see what her husband puts together.

by Anonymousreply 306/28/2020

How many episodes have they released so far?

by Anonymousreply 406/28/2020

R4, I think the preview said it's going to be six episodes?

by Anonymousreply 506/28/2020

Only the first episode debuts in 7 minutes.

Here is the schedule for all 6 episodes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 606/28/2020

I must admit, I prefer the Netflix model of dropping the entire season at once if you want to binge-watch.

HBO and Disney + are still doing Ye Olde Weekly Stringalonge.

by Anonymousreply 706/28/2020

That's the last good book I read. I binge-read it. I'd hear something outside and jump ("Is the door locked?").

by Anonymousreply 806/28/2020

HBO should do a series about the Zodiac. Although I guess it's pretty tough to beat the film, and it's still an unresolved case.

by Anonymousreply 906/28/2020

It's getting great scores from Metacritic and Rottentomatoes, but only a few critics have weighed in and I hope they've seen the entire series.

I don't need another American Horror Story that's still shooting as the season begins, gets praise at first, then falls apart at the seams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1006/28/2020

McNamara repeats the common theory that the GSK only killed 13 people.

But some of the articles linked in the arrest thread suggested he may have killed 22 people in the Pacific Northwest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1106/28/2020

R11, the idea that he killed people in the Pacific Northwest is also a "theory"

by Anonymousreply 1206/28/2020

I hate to say it, but Michelle looked a LOT like DL villain Diane Schuler, of "There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane"!

by Anonymousreply 1306/28/2020

I liked the first episode.

I hope the show stays focused on what McNamara contributed to the case when it strays from the Golden State Killer's story, because there's an amount of vanity with McNamara injecting herself into a drama that's not about her.

But so far, so good. Very creepy recounts of the GSK's first rapes. And I love the CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON metaphor with regards to the GSK traveling in drainage canals to stake out his victims.

by Anonymousreply 1406/28/2020

FYI, if you guys are interested, you might want to check out the terrific doc series Netflix did on Ted Bundy.

Very creepy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1506/28/2020

As well as the same director's fictional re-enactment of Bundy starring Zac Efron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1606/28/2020

So, "I'll slit your throat and I'll be gone in the dark" is what the killer said to one of his first victims as a threat.

by Anonymousreply 1706/28/2020

I wish it was more about the years long search for the identity of the monster and realizing finally that the EAR killer was the same as the Original Night Stalker killer, and less about the author of that book.

by Anonymousreply 1806/28/2020

They're telling both stories, so you'll probably be satisfied.

But the GSK's story has so many frightening turns, you're going to see this as a feature film, TV series and many, more focused documentaries for decades to come.

D'Angelo was a psycho, a cop and a "fox guarding the henhouse."

by Anonymousreply 1906/28/2020

So she OD'd? That's really sad. Was it fake Xanax with fentynal or what?

by Anonymousreply 2006/28/2020

I like it so far very much, even though it seems like they're portraying Michelle McNamara as pretty saintly so far. But her involvement in the stopry is part of the appeal (since she was married to someone famous and was a major part of the case being solved). I expect as it goes they will make it more about the rapes and the murders; I also assume they will show more about the victims, since that was such a big part of Michelle's approach to the story--that it wasn't just about the killer, but the people's lives he had devastated or ended.

by Anonymousreply 2106/28/2020

I made the mistake of playing the Golden State Killer's phone calls to one of his victims. Terrifying stuff! Don't listen to [italic]that[/italic] right before you're going to bed!

Btw, his voice does not match up with his physical appearance. He sounds much younger -- like a college kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2206/28/2020

I still don't buy that Patton Oswalt was that in love with Michelle

by Anonymousreply 2306/28/2020

DeAngelo looked kinda chubby during his reign of terror. Descriptions of him from victims seemed to imply that he was a twinky blond.

He was kind of a doughy potato face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2406/28/2020

Some of the police sketches really nailed him ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2506/28/2020

These were pretty close too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2606/28/2020

But the descriptions and sketch that was most widely circulated portrayed him as an athletic twink young enough to be in high school:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2706/28/2020

Geez—how about a spoiler alert?

by Anonymousreply 2806/28/2020

I just can’t with the McNamara angle. Anyone who followed this case online knows she had little to do with it until very recently. It feels disrespectful to the community of people— including the family of victims and survivor who participated in the A&E boards for almost two decades— that almost all credit is being given to McNamara mostly because of who she was married to. If anyone is to be thanked, it’s Bruce Harrington, the brother of one of the victims who got Prop 69 passed. That allowed for the DNA link between the NoCal crimes and the SoCal crimes.

And many of MM’s conclusions were flat wrong! One example: MM insisted that D’Angelo wasn’t ex-military and that his rope knot skills were gained from working on a horse ranch. Other researchers, ones with military experience, disputed this and of course it turned out they were right: D’Angelo was ex-Navy.

by Anonymousreply 2906/28/2020

Wait, she died from Adderall, Xanax AND fentanyl?

So she was a complete pill head.

What the fuck

by Anonymousreply 3006/28/2020

Yeah, McNamara didn't really do much (anything?) in terms of actual connect-the-dots detective work or even theorizing that informed the capture.

She got (kept?) the spotlight turned up on the case. But so did discussion boards.

Is she really the focus of this?

by Anonymousreply 3106/28/2020

R27, his voice on those taunting recordings sounded like a teenage boy/young guy. I wonder if that was a strategy on his part to change his voice to throw the police off? Or if his voice really was that high-pitched.

by Anonymousreply 3206/28/2020

Too much focus on the writer of a book about the case instead of the actual case.

by Anonymousreply 3306/29/2020

Michelle McNamara Had Secret Room Filled With Drugs

Michelle McNamara wrote some of the greatest crime stories of our time, but few people knew about her secret life. Michelle allegedly had her own private drug den filled with a variety of prescription and illegal drugs inside the home she shared with her husband and 7-year-old daughter.

Police discovered that Michelle McNamara’s home had a special room that contained an assortment of uppers, downers, and painkillers. However, not all the pills were of the illegal kind like the ones found on the streets or sold by dope dealers. Michelle also had prescription drugs, given to her by the doctors she went to. According to Radar Online, these drugs included “prescription bottles of Bupropion, an antidepressant, Cefdinir, an antibiotic, and Naproxen, an anti-inflammatory drug.” Authorities discovered other prescription medication which included oxycodone, hydrocodone, and the stimulant Dextroamphetamine, which has been linked to psychosis and heart failure in some patients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3406/29/2020

R34, sordid.

by Anonymousreply 3506/29/2020

[quote] Police discovered that Michelle McNamara’s home had a special room that contained an assortment of uppers, downers, and painkillers. However, not all the pills were of the illegal kind like the ones found on the streets or sold by dope dealers. Michelle also had prescription drugs, given to her by the doctors she went to.

Yes, lots of people have one of these, it’s called a “bathroom.” There is often a secret hole inside the wall, covered by a mirror, where people keep the drugs doctors prescribe them. Other times, people have an enclosed area under a sink inside of a bathroom, with shelving, where they keep their prescribed drugs.

by Anonymousreply 3606/29/2020

I thought she died of cancer

by Anonymousreply 3706/29/2020

[quote] Is she really the focus of this?

Her book was a best seller and sparked new interest in this serial rapist from the general public.

Subsequently, he was caught through DNA testing

by Anonymousreply 3806/29/2020

R28, sorry, I didn't mean to spoil anything for you. But I kinda assumed that as the real Golden State Killer was caught two years ago, everybody on the thread sort of knew his identity by now.

by Anonymousreply 3906/29/2020

Relax. It was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 4006/29/2020

[quote] It feels disrespectful to the community of people— including the family of victims and survivor who participated in the A&E boards for almost two decades— that almost all credit is being given to McNamara mostly because of who she was married to.

The show is based on her book.

Moreover, they needed an angle to make this show more popular and stand out--this is an HBO show.

by Anonymousreply 4106/29/2020

R40, lol. Sorry, I wasn't mad, but I did think you were serious. Another poster on another thread chided me for spoiling a five-year-old movie once.

by Anonymousreply 4206/29/2020

In his younger days, D'Angelo looked like David Arquette.

Then he started getting really fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4306/29/2020

r31, she wrote a bestselling book about the case

by Anonymousreply 4406/29/2020

I'm not thrilled with the McNamara angle, either. I love Patton Oswalt, but McNamara seems like an interloper, parasite and hanger-on trying to infuse herself into drama where she's irrelevant.

Maybe the doc will show me some invaluable contribution she made.

Otherwise, I'm only in it for the GSK's and victims' stories.

by Anonymousreply 4506/29/2020

She was a true crime blogger. She wrote about a lot of cases, including The Golden State Killer. I'm not sure how that makes her a parasite.

by Anonymousreply 4606/29/2020

Well, her widower husband is the executive producer, so naturally one can expect that he'll interject his late wife into the series in a flattering angle.

RIP to Mrs. McNamara, but her story is definitely the least compelling/interesting part. I think most people are watching for GSK and victim stories as well.

by Anonymousreply 4706/29/2020

He’s pleading guilty right now, slumped over with his mouth hanging open, voice barely audible. This is just like his first appearance, before he dropped the act and stared everyone down from his cage.

Michelle McNamara was unable to attend. She extends her regrets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4806/29/2020

haha they're in face shields

by Anonymousreply 4906/29/2020

R48, I feel badly for his ex-wife, and especially his three (?) daughters! Imagine the trauma of finding out your father is this monster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5006/29/2020

This is the one that got me, r50. He looks like a lizard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5106/29/2020

R51, like a turtle.

by Anonymousreply 5206/29/2020

Joseph DeAngelo Pleads Guilty to Murder in Golden State Killer Cases

In a converted ballroom in Sacramento, in front of victims and their families, the former police officer began admitting guilt to a multitude of crimes on Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5306/29/2020

R53, wow. He really thought he was going to get away with it, and almost did.

I actually wonder why he stopped. It certainly wasn't because of remorse -- he kept making taunting phone calls to victims and family members all the way until 2004.

by Anonymousreply 5406/29/2020

He stopped because D.N.A. technology was invented in 1985.

D'Angelo was a cop himself, keenly aware of all the methods and limitations of law enforcement. Studying and using insider info is something Ted Bundy also did.

D'Angelo's last suspected violent crime was on May 4, 1986.

Just one year later, D.N.A. profiling started earning convictions against violent rapists in the U.S. and U.K.

D'Angelo was informed of the changing technology in law enforcement and that's probably why he stopped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5506/29/2020

Sounds like her kid got neglected while Michelle was doing all her sleuthing

by Anonymousreply 5606/29/2020

It's been theorized that he stopped simply because he was getting older. His sex drive and stamina were decreasing. He would run and jump over fences etc. when he committed his crimes and IIRC near the end of his crime spree he was almost caught because a much younger man chased him and almost caught him. He must've been spooked by that.

by Anonymousreply 5706/29/2020

I don't mind the stuff about Michelle, but Patton Oswalt just gets on my nerves!!

by Anonymousreply 5806/29/2020

I won’t make it through this series. I just don’t care about Patton Oswalt.

by Anonymousreply 5906/29/2020

R55 and R57, both reasons make sense.

by Anonymousreply 6006/29/2020

His neighbors said he was a very agile, active man around his home, almost obsessive about order. So now we have a feeble, vague man up there whispering he's guilty in a weak voice.

He's going to escape again. He'll be gone in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 6106/29/2020

I am related to one of the victims in the case. She was told by her now friend (former detective Carol) that he was an alcoholic and they had to have him drugged up for that first appearance so he wouldn’t have the DT’s or have a stroke from rapid alcohol withdrawal. Michelle may not have added to his actual capture but her article and the new found public interest and reward did keep the case open. My family members home phone was recorded for years. I was scared to be alone in her house once I found out what had happened and so glad she moved to another neighborhood. He lived nearby by for all these years and she always felt like he was around and knew he must have been a cop or military. He raped a virgin but due to his micro dick, he did it take that teenagers virginity. I wish he was called the micro penis killer or needle dick as they do not strike fear in anyone!

by Anonymousreply 6206/29/2020

The streaming model of releasing everything at once to binge watch has really spoiled me, I hate having to wait for a new episode every week. it seems so out of date now.

by Anonymousreply 6306/29/2020

I agree r63 I’m spoiled with the dvr and binging. I can not tolerate commercials or being restricted to 1 episode at a time

by Anonymousreply 6406/29/2020

r64 I can't stand commercials anymore either even the 30 second commercials on sites like NBC.com piss me off now.

by Anonymousreply 6506/29/2020

To the ones bitching about the time spent explaining Michelle McNamara's involvement researching the case, it's important to know. Going into this series, I didn't know it. I was only vaguely aware that Patton Oswalt had a wife who'd died sometime back. And FFS, it's only the first episode of six. It's the necessary introduction.

David Fincher's 'Zodiac' 2007 isn't so much about the Zodiac as it is about Robert Graysmith, a cartoonist working for the SF Chronicle who became obsessed with the case. The film is about his investigative journey, but I haven't particularly noticed people objecting to that. I suspect that the DL voices expressing impatience with this series being about Michelle McNamara are the same ones who tend to be triggered anytime narratives center around female characters. I wish they'd take that shit back to 4chan where it belongs.

by Anonymousreply 6606/29/2020

Nice misogynistic concern troll @r56.

Patton Oswald's smirking face is making it difficult to watch. Why was he signing the book at the beginning, did he write it too?

by Anonymousreply 6706/29/2020

BTW "Unmasking A Killer" is another documentary about this case on Amazon Prime. It's very good.

by Anonymousreply 6806/29/2020

He probably oversaw its completion and publication, R67, and possibly contributed a preface or other blurb. Michelle McNamara was his wife, and she's no longer around to do book signings.

What's with the hostility toward Patton Oswalt here?

by Anonymousreply 6906/29/2020

"Why was he signing the book at the beginning, did he write it too?"

He helped complete the book after she died

by Anonymousreply 7006/29/2020

Why is the show focusing on the drug fucked boring cunt Frau? Fuck her..

All the bits on her sick. And as for the enabling troll doll hubby..

by Anonymousreply 7106/29/2020

Patton had to know his wife was doping herself up and spending a lot of time on her "investigation" so who was watching their kid? He didn't want to raise the kid alone so he quickly remarried.

by Anonymousreply 7206/30/2020

r55, I find it interesting that a sociopath serial killer can just stop killing people. I don't know if my perception is influenced by media entertainment, but to me it always seemed that serial killers can't help themselves to look for their next victims just like pedos can't help themselves checking out new kids to groom and molest. For me the only way serial killers stop is when they get caught, become seriously ill and would no longer able to pull it off, or just die.

by Anonymousreply 7306/30/2020

r55, I find it interesting that a sociopath serial killer can just stop killing people. I don't know if my perception is influenced by media entertainment, but to me it always seemed that serial killers can't help themselves to look for their next victims just like pedos can't help themselves checking out new kids to groom and molest. For me the only way serial killers stop is when they get caught, become seriously ill and would no longer able to pull it off, or just die.

by Anonymousreply 7406/30/2020

R73 you’re watching too much tv.

Dennis Rader “BTK” stopped killing for over a decades. Same thing for the Green River Killer Gary Ridgway. There are multiple theories why such including reduced libido to aging out of physical strength and agility.

by Anonymousreply 7506/30/2020

R73 I assume it's much like people who "partied" a lot then just decided one day it was enough. Body and mind can't take it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7606/30/2020

I believe that I was told he stopped around the births of his girls. He became progressively more violent and left his area for the planned murders. I enjoy Patton and have no trouble with his involvement as it gives a framing for the series. I follow him on Twitter and enjoy his intellect and humor especially when he goes after Dump. If you google the case and see the press footage from the time of his capture, it was plain old detective work that found him. A relative of his had their DNA on a genealogy database and the police had his DNA so they were searching through for possible matches. Check our the Sacramento Bee articles as it’s fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 7706/30/2020

R69 I can't stand Patton Oswalt either. Are we not allowed to dislike or even be hostile to celebrities on DL anymore?

by Anonymousreply 7806/30/2020

Of course you can dislike Patton.. this is DL😜

by Anonymousreply 7906/30/2020

There was already a serious done on this before, likely with the same exact victims being interviewed. I don't see why another was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 8006/30/2020

[quote] What's with the hostility toward Patton Oswalt here?

Just spitballing from an objective standpoint here, but from what I’ve read some might say that such a man is nothing more than manslaughtering out-of-touch hobbit who picked up a second wind, a former starlet and a cool few milly without deserving any of it.

Considering that he spent the next year after Michelle’s passing tweeting about the President and courting Helpmeet #2, its understandable there are those who believe that, even if he had no hand in MM’s death, he was praying to G-D to get an upgrade. One can only imagine what it is to feel no compunction about sedating a spouse and farming a daughter off so one can play video games and jerk off onto Funko Pops and pretend to be a comedian doing guest spots on shitcoms.

It is even said by some (not I) that the worst thing about Oswalt is the hypocrisy, and the fact that he’s very disturbing to look upon. All conjecture and hearsay, of course.

by Anonymousreply 8106/30/2020

The GSK apparently was described by his female rape victims as having a very short penis. It’s one of the fascinating details of this case.

by Anonymousreply 8206/30/2020

"I don't know if my perception is influenced by media entertainment, but to me it always seemed that serial killers can't help themselves to look for their next victims just like pedos can't help themselves checking out new kids to groom and molest."

Expect plenty of serial killers have gone years and years without killing anyone (BTK comes to mind) and sex offenders actually have a pretty low recidivism rate

by Anonymousreply 8306/30/2020

r81, you clearly know nothing about him. He busted his ass for decades as a standup and an actor. He didn't just "get lucky"

And why are you claiming he "sedated" his spouse - pretty sure he didn't shove the pills down her throat

by Anonymousreply 8406/30/2020

I don't give a shit if the interloping parasite is a male or female, r66.

All I care is that they contributed conclusive substance to the case if they're going to make a show about them.

In ZODIAC, Graysmith correctly interpreted the Zodiac Killer's letters when reporters and detectives were not. Graysmith served as a conduit of communication between disparate police jurisdictions that didn't have the internet or efficient info sharing back then.

Furthermore, Graysmith actually came face-to-face with the prime suspect in a dangerous way.

I'm waiting for I'LL BE GONE IN THE DARK to explain any contributions as significant as those from McNamara and I'm perfectly open-minded about it.

by Anonymousreply 8506/30/2020

Not all sociopaths are naive, r73.

There's one kind that doesn't know any better, that quickly gets caught or damages him or herself.

But the more common kind — often called psychos — know society's moral expectations and exactly how society stops murders and rapes, etc. These can be highly intelligent, so they counter with all kinds of research, cover-ups, untraceable methods, "nice guy" disguises and actually get off on beating the system.

The Golden State Killer, Ted Bundy, the Zodiac Killer, Michael Jackson, Jeffrey Epstein — they were all like this.

New law enforcement technology or getting older — and D'Angelo had become a fat, piece of shit — are certainly enough to deter a psycho who realizes he can't get away with it anymore.

But who's to say the crimes stopped? Maybe D'Angelo just changed his methods — like successfully discarding of the bodies or raping with condoms and gloves — so law enforcement stopped connecting them to him.

by Anonymousreply 8606/30/2020

"Furthermore, Graysmith actually came face-to-face with the prime suspect in a dangerous way."

He isn't the "main suspect" and the only reason people think he did it is because Graysmith fudged the "evidence" against him

"I'm waiting for I'LL BE GONE IN THE DARK to explain any contributions as significant as those from McNamara and I'm perfectly open-minded about it."

She wrote a best-selling book about the case. This show is BASED ON THE BOOK. If you don't like that fact, don't watch it. I'm not sure why people who hate Patton Oswalt and Michelle Macnamara are even watching this.

by Anonymousreply 8706/30/2020

I love Patton Oswalt and I'm not the only one skeptical of McNamara as a bandwagon-jumper.

Writing a best-selling book telling people what was already discovered by others doesn't rise to the level of documentary or movie to me.

But I'll give the documentary a chance to show me substantive contributions.

by Anonymousreply 8806/30/2020

"Writing a best-selling book telling people what was already discovered by others doesn't rise to the level of documentary or movie to me."

Then don't watch. NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 8906/30/2020

[quote]who picked up a second wind, a former starlet and a cool few milly without deserving any of it.

I see, R81. So it's personal jealousy over the man's success and wealth, spilling over into open hatred. Got it.

You know, character defects like the ones you're exhibiting are treatable, if you are capable of acknowledging that you have a problem. But considering how shamelessly you put on, probably not.

by Anonymousreply 9006/30/2020

Just do the bit, R90! This shit ain’t hard, toots.

I seriously think someone has taken down or defaced the entryway sign that says ‘Pointless Bitchery’ because too many posters are not getting it.

by Anonymousreply 9106/30/2020

I never took the sign as meaning that one needed to be a 'Pointless Bitch' in order to post here, R91. ;)

by Anonymousreply 9206/30/2020

Wow is the junk PADDED! Bad.

by Anonymousreply 9306/30/2020

R92 ‘Pointless’, you say? Well, certainly, if you like; and that’s fine with me darling. At least I won’t have bored anyone - as we know that is the only sin. Isn’t pathologising and screaming “schizoid” at other people just the height of tedium?

In any event, I’ll give the stand to a more eloquent man who’ll take us out..

‘Nothing is really beautiful unless it is useless; everything useful is ugly for it expresses a need’.

‘Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.’

‘Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it.’

‘When a man has no enemy left there must be something mean about him.’

by Anonymousreply 9406/30/2020

[quote]Isn’t pathologising and screaming “schizoid” at other people just the height of tedium?

Many people say that of you, do they, R94?

by Anonymousreply 9506/30/2020

I make 1 million a year and swab down my yacht myself with my one boatswain, Jimmy. James Gatz, kid is going places, besides up my eldergay ass.

by Anonymousreply 9606/30/2020

Oh, really, R96?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9706/30/2020

What r7 posted x 1000. I couldn’t even finish watching the first episode. Also didn’t it come that Oswalt was basically indirectly responsible for Michelle’s demise, by introducing her to the “lifestyle”?

by Anonymousreply 9806/30/2020

Now the world knows the GSK has a baby dick!

by Anonymousreply 9906/30/2020

How pathetic is his current wife who supported him and micro penis financially!

by Anonymousreply 10006/30/2020

R98, no, the only person claiming he's responsible for her death are the weirdos who hate him for no reason. And for some reason are watching the show despite hating him.

by Anonymousreply 10106/30/2020

I'm not interested in this dead woman's story at all. Way way too much about her.

by Anonymousreply 10206/30/2020

r98, please elaborate or I’ll call you a tease. Dirt on Patton please!

by Anonymousreply 10306/30/2020

r98 doesn't have any dirt. He/she is just posting bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 10406/30/2020

Patton is the guy who created Comedians of Comedy tour and there was a documentary about it too. It was really successful in the early 2000s. This is what put Patton on the map. And it totally went to his head. His hobbit ass started walking around town bucking out his chest acting like he was the king on top fuck mountain.

He and the comics on this tour were kind of branded as “alternative” or “indie” because they weren’t really THAT known yet. And (ALLEGEDLY) Patton started partying and getting Into the scene because he was Mr Cool now.

Anyway, when he hooked up with Michelle she wasn’t into that shit at all (ALLEGEDLY). Patton was the one who got her into Molly and coke and shit.

by Anonymousreply 10506/30/2020

I got attacked on DListed when I posted something negative about him.

by Anonymousreply 10606/30/2020

R105 here. Just to reiterate this is what was speculated about Patton here on DL. I have no dog in this fight but this might explain why people in this thread are posting negatively about him.

by Anonymousreply 10706/30/2020

R105 >>>>This is all ALLEGED<<<<

by Anonymousreply 10806/30/2020

R106, I left Dlisted a while back. The hivemind there went off the rails. The place used to be my home and then a few Queen Bee commenters took over. If you didn’t agree with every single opinion - agreeing 95% of the time wasn’t good enough - the hive would turn on you.

by Anonymousreply 109Last Wednesday at 12:40 AM

There’s something fucky about all that. I feel awful for their poor child. Lost her drug addicted mother and dad brings home a bitchcunt replacement immediately. And you know if she ever complains, her vicious father will cut her down. Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 110Last Wednesday at 12:42 AM

Always creepy when men hook up so quickly after their spouse dies but it is very common. Free child care and personal assistant.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Wednesday at 1:36 AM

Michelle was very pretty when she was young. Although, not thin.

by Anonymousreply 112Last Wednesday at 2:14 AM

"Lost her drug addicted mother and dad brings home a bitchcunt replacement immediately. And you know if she ever complains, her vicious father will cut her down. Poor kid."

You don't know anything about their family. His wife (Meredith Salenger) is not a bitch or a cunt and she gets along great with Patton's daughter. Weird how people just invent "gossip" out of thin air

by Anonymousreply 113Last Wednesday at 7:00 AM

DListed said I was jealous when I mentioned how Patton got remarried quickly. I was like, I am a gay man why would I be jealous of that little troll marrying some woman?

by Anonymousreply 114Last Wednesday at 7:53 AM

like really R114, i mean like wow how ridiculous who cares about hetero cunts bitches and fat trolls rofl like I'm with you

by Anonymousreply 115Last Wednesday at 7:59 AM

R114, haha we’re jealous and don’t know anything.

It’s a thing that men do, because they need a woman to take care of them. I find it supremely fucked up when it involves children who’ve just lost a mother.

There was just a Dateline where a man’s wife died (hit her head and fell into the swimming pool in the middle of the night) and eight months later he’s married to someone else. I mean... and the second wife dies, and there’s no conclusive proof of who killed her. Either it was the husband or the woman’s loser son.

People always think they’re irreplaceable.

by Anonymousreply 116Last Wednesday at 10:15 AM

Lots of straight men remarry quickly because they have no idea how to take care of themselves and they need a live-in maid.

It is unbelievable how helpless a lot of straight men are when it comes to the everyday things in life.

by Anonymousreply 117Last Wednesday at 10:32 AM

Patton Oswalt seems like the type of guy who wants to come home and play his video games and needs a woman to take care of the kid and household stuff. Meredith used to be a dish in her younger years, guess she was getting into her late 40's and figured he was the best she could do finding somebody in the Hollywood scene. I noticed she has gained weight like Michelle did.

by Anonymousreply 118Last Wednesday at 1:42 PM

Low-hangers unite!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119Last Wednesday at 2:18 PM

oh my r119, wow. She looks dumpy.

by Anonymousreply 120Last Wednesday at 3:38 PM

Did PO kill his wife?

by Anonymousreply 121Last Wednesday at 5:11 PM

r121, no, only according to some of the weirdos here

by Anonymousreply 122Last Wednesday at 5:52 PM

R121 Do people REALLY think that? I just think he's an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 123Last Wednesday at 6:13 PM

Yeah it seems unlikely. But he’s so fucking ugly, I almost wanted it to be true.

by Anonymousreply 124Last Wednesday at 6:32 PM

You think he's an attention whore.....so you'll continue to give him attention by watching the show he helped produce and by talking about him and going on and on about what you believe about him

by Anonymousreply 125Last Wednesday at 6:56 PM

R125 I actually find the EAR/ONS case to be interesting, so yes, despite the stench of Patton Oswalt making this mess all about himself... I will watch it.

by Anonymousreply 126Last Wednesday at 7:04 PM

Oh, quit with the histrionics, R126 - Patton Oswalt hardly appears in the first episode. He has about a minute's worth of screen time.

by Anonymousreply 127Last Wednesday at 7:10 PM

Sigh, he's not making it about himself. It's based on the book his wife wrote.

by Anonymousreply 128Last Wednesday at 7:10 PM

If you marry a fatso, you will become like him.

You will start eating the same foods and doing the same activities he likes and vice-versa.

It happened to my sister, she's a blimp now.

by Anonymousreply 129Last Wednesday at 8:09 PM

I don't understand the focus on the investigator. Just tell us the story of the criminal.

by Anonymousreply 130Last Wednesday at 8:40 PM

I feel the same way, R130. I'd much rather have a series just on the crimes and how he was caught, but HBO bought the rights to her book and this has always been their plan.

[quote]May 1, 2018

[quote]HBO Documentary Films has greenlit a documentary series based on Michelle McNamara’s best-selling book ““I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131Last Wednesday at 9:04 PM

The two other documentary series on the Golden State Killer were very good.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Wednesday at 9:16 PM

She doesn't seem that interesting. Her reflections go on an on. I felt like I was watching Octavia Spencer in her ridiculous podcast crime sleuth series. And the witnesses about her are waxing on how fabulous she was. I mean, seems like she was nice enough but really who gives a fuck, its not like she's Joan Didion and we want to know of her exquisite sensitivity to the subject in a meta sense.

by Anonymousreply 133Last Wednesday at 11:12 PM

Is there any way to stream this without HBO? Looked at Amazon -- nothing.

by Anonymousreply 134Last Saturday at 7:44 PM

r134 any number of the streaming sites like Sockshare or Watchseries should have it.

by Anonymousreply 135Last Saturday at 7:51 PM

Well, I guess I'll fork over the $15.99. I'm not too concerned about Oswalt featuring his late wife. The reviews sound good.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Sunday at 3:34 PM

It sucks to have to wait a week for new episodes. The binge watch model has made that feel so outdated.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Sunday at 3:39 PM

Some of the victims said they smelled him before seeing him. He gave-off some kind of feral odor.

by Anonymousreply 138Last Sunday at 3:46 PM

^^that's chilling, for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 139Last Sunday at 3:48 PM

R139, a lot of his M.O. was chilling. Stacking plates on the husband/boyfriends' chest, etc.

What does everyone make of his open-mouthed gawking stare in court? A cheap attempt at trying to look feeble and non-threatening?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140Last Sunday at 3:51 PM

Yes, r140. It was an act. Investigators said that he was riding his motorcycle on the freeway when they were following him right before they arrested him. They said he was very fit and active for a man his age.

The sheer evil and depravity of this man is shocking.

by Anonymousreply 141Last Sunday at 3:54 PM

[quote] Some of the victims said they smelled him before seeing him. He gave-off some kind of feral odor.

For a time it was thought he might have diabetes or some other disorder that caused the smell as opposed to just poor hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 142Last Sunday at 3:57 PM

Bruce McArthur is never getting out... is he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143Last Sunday at 3:57 PM

Of course you can steal it from streaming bootleg sites, r134, if that's your thing.

by Anonymousreply 144Last Sunday at 4:03 PM

Welcome to the 21st century r144. How was your trip?

by Anonymousreply 145Last Sunday at 4:12 PM

This is a good link, just be sure you have a strong adblocker like ublock origin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146Last Sunday at 4:14 PM

R146, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 147Last Sunday at 4:16 PM

If you don't support good artwork financially, r145, you won't have good artwork.

Are you happy with what the average gay porn model looks like nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 148Last Sunday at 4:18 PM

I couldn’t get that link to work. Also interested in seeing it but no HBO.

by Anonymousreply 149Last Sunday at 4:25 PM

[quote]Are you happy with what the average gay porn model looks like nowadays?

Strangely enough, I've never gotten off on studio porn. I like the amateur stuff.

by Anonymousreply 150Last Sunday at 4:32 PM

[quote]Some of the victims said they smelled him before seeing him.

He was fired from one of his police jobs for shoplifting dog repellent. I remember reading (before he was caught) that there was something that caused the search dogs to react very strangely to his scent at the crime scenes, but they couldn’t figure out what it was.

Maybe that’s what the victims were smelling?

by Anonymousreply 151Last Sunday at 4:53 PM

Here's another link to stream it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152Last Sunday at 4:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153Last Sunday at 5:06 PM

I'm not interested in this case at all, but all this arguing against it is making me want to watch it

There's another docu-series on Showtime at the same time called Outcry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154Last Sunday at 5:49 PM

The Outcry doc sounds interesting

by Anonymousreply 155Last Sunday at 6:07 PM

Very creepy episode tonight.

I find it telling that "police departments didn't communicate back then." The first detective wasn't even allowed to collaborate with later departments and told they didn't need his help. They said the cops in other departments were actually competitive with each other and didn't want the help of other departments because they saw them as failures.

That lack of communication and no internet is what enabled the GSK to get away with so many offenses for so long.

It's very interesting, because Ted Bundy exploited the same weakness in the system at the same time — moving to far-flung jurisdictions and even studying court and police systems from the inside as a law student before beginning his "career."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156Last Sunday at 7:08 PM

[quote] I find it telling that "police departments didn't communicate back then."

Not surprising. Rival California county police departments not collaborating is what helped Zodiac get away with his crimes as well.

by Anonymousreply 157Last Sunday at 7:10 PM

I was on the edge of my seat when the blonde woman told the story of what happened to her. JFC it's too bad California doesn't have the death penalty, he deserves to fry for what he did to all of these people.

by Anonymousreply 158Last Sunday at 7:30 PM

"That lack of communication and no internet is what enabled the GSK to get away with so many offenses for so long."

That and the fact that he had no serious criminal offenses on his record (at the time)

by Anonymousreply 159Last Sunday at 7:52 PM

The 2nd episode was much better than the first episode, in part because there was so much less of St. Michelle of McNamara and much more about the GSK's crimes. Listening to the women talk about hat happened was interesting, because as upset as they were at what he had done to them, they seemed equally upset by how the society of the time made them feel responsible for what had happened to them, and how the police did not have the adequate procedures or (usually) enough women officers to help them properly after their rapes. It was amazing seeing the couple, because at first they seemed so close and loving, and then as they recounted it all you could feel the husband recoil from his shame at not being able to protect his wife, and they seemed more apart.

It was such a scary period. Serial killers and rapists got away with so much in those days in ways they just could not now.

by Anonymousreply 160Last Sunday at 9:38 PM

Why did the East Area Rapist suddenly kill the Maggiores, as revealed at the end of this wek's episode? Apparently that set him permanently over the edge, and thereafter (after he moved out of Sacramento following this) he would kill people at his rape scenes.

by Anonymousreply 161Last Sunday at 9:46 PM

The conjecture is that they were the first to see D'Angelo's face.

It's very interesting that the neighbor, who's still alive, saw him immediately after killing the Maggiores and D'Angelo had his mask off.

by Anonymousreply 162Last Sunday at 9:52 PM

If I recall from past articles, D'Angelo wasn't raping the Maggiores at the time — they simply caught him trespassing and prowling with suspicious instruments.

by Anonymousreply 163Last Sunday at 9:54 PM

He is such an evil man. The sheer number of women he raped--fifty--is astounding, even beyond the number of people he murdered (13 for sure, but probably many more).

by Anonymousreply 164Last Sunday at 9:57 PM

And there were probably others police or reporters never knew about.

Ted Bundy was only convicted of killing 3 people. But at different points in his incarceration, he admitted to killing between 30 and 300!

by Anonymousreply 165Last Sunday at 10:17 PM

He's pulling an Uncle Junior, trying to act feeble in court

by Anonymousreply 166Last Sunday at 10:33 PM

[quote]Some of the victims said they smelled him before seeing him. He gave-off some kind of feral odor.

I don't recall them saying that of EAR/ONS, R138. Something like that was mentioned during discussion of some of the other rapists who were operating in California at the time - the "Stinky" rapist. There was also "the Car Key rapist," the "Early Bird rapist," and so on.

EAR/ONS was distinctly different from these others because of his modus operandi.

I'm enjoying this series very much.

by Anonymousreply 167Last Sunday at 10:34 PM

No, he was smelly. A few victims said he had a bad odor that they couldn’t identify, except to say that it wasn’t regular BO or bad breath. Another described it as a musty, cinnamon-y smell. And this one is from I’ll Be Gone in the Dark:

[quote]The female victim had tried to explain the foul odor of her attacker to the reporting officer. She struggled to identify the smell. Bad hygiene wouldn’t account for it, she said. It didn’t come from his underarms, or his breath. The best the victim could say, the officer noted in his report, was that it seemed like a nervous smell that emanated not from a particular area on his body, but from his every pore. The officer asked is she could be more specific. She couldn’t. It wasn’t like anything she’d ever smelled before.

by Anonymousreply 168Last Sunday at 11:59 PM

[quote] The conjecture is that they were the first to see D'Angelo's face.

He’d already been seen during the Snelling murder/attempted kidnapping.

by Anonymousreply 169Yesterday at 2:50 AM

For some reason, I can’t get into this one. The detail about his scent is super interesting, and terrifying. I’m imagining some pheromone gone into overdrive.

by Anonymousreply 170Yesterday at 4:02 AM

I’ve become obsessed with this case. The blond tent was really beautiful in those pics from when she was raped told a riveting story of the night she was attacked.

by Anonymousreply 171Yesterday at 6:51 AM

If he's dousing himself in dog repellent, that would really ramp-up his B.O.

by Anonymousreply 172Yesterday at 7:37 AM

I've never smelled dog repellent. Does it have a foul odor?

by Anonymousreply 173Yesterday at 11:41 AM

I saw episode one and thought it was good! Will watch episode 2 later.

by Anonymousreply 174a day ago

Loved episode two.

Michelle M should get a lot of credit because she wrote the book that was the best seller. It excited lots of people about the case. Sure, there were tons of books about the killer before but hers was the one that caught the imagination.

It’s like Dan Brown and the DaVinci Code. Those theories about the Catholic Church ignoring Mary Magdalene’s role and contributions have been written down by scholars before but it was his book that caught the world’s imagination

by Anonymousreply 175a day ago

R175 Was Michelle the name "The Golden State Killer," right? I remember that being mentioned in the last episode, or maybe I read about it somewhere else. Anyway, she deserves a ton of credit for assigning EAR/ONS a catchy name. I think that brought more attention to the case than the EAR/ONS acronym.

by Anonymousreply 17621 hours ago

R175 Oh dear. I meant to write: "Michelle the was the one who coined the name "The Golden State Killer," right?"

by Anonymousreply 17721 hours ago

I wonder if the show will explore GSK's earliest prowling days as the Visalia Ransacker?

This guy had a ton of nicknames! Visalia Ransacker, East Area Rapist, Original Night Stalker, Golden State Killer.

by Anonymousreply 17821 hours ago

VR/EAR/ONS/GSK

It's why the case isn't as well known as it should be!!

by Anonymousreply 17921 hours ago

I’m sure I’m in the minority but seeing EAR/ONS written somewhere with no explanation was what piqued my interest. I googled it right away because it just looked so weird to me and I had to know what it meant.

I don’t think I would have given the Golden State Killer a second thought.

by Anonymousreply 18021 hours ago

Golden State Killer is so blah and generic. When hearing “Golden State” most people think basketball.

Original Night Stalker at least is intriguing. Most people old enough remember Richard Ramirez’s reign of terror. The idea that there was someone earlier just as evil, the original version, piques interest.

That said, I understand why the name charge helped to publicize the case.

by Anonymousreply 18120 hours ago

The LA Mag editor is intolerable. Every thought is so scripted.

by Anonymousreply 18220 hours ago

"I had a tall Long Iskand Iced Tea and I just kept drinking it as Michelle told me the story over three hours."

Really. The SAME drink? Three hours? Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 18320 hours ago

The picture which was drawn by a boy was very accurate

by Anonymousreply 1849 hours ago

R183 Why are you so LITERAL?

by Anonymousreply 1859 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!