Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

More HGTV: Love It, List It, or Loathe It

More chatter about various HGTV shows.....

Get a bottle of Yellow Tail, have a seat and join us!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 17, 2020 5:45 PM

Last thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2020 7:49 PM

Someone else just posted a Let's Be Love It or List It thread by coincidence!

That is one of the Let's Be threads for that show only, but THIS one is the general catch all discussion thread for all HGTV shows.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2020 7:52 PM

Due to COVID David Bromsted has had to do the show from his condo. He has done a look back at earlier episodes and reconnected with the couples to see how things are going.

Last night's show has to be seen to be believed. He was flaming so much I thought my screen would combust.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2020 8:23 PM

Omg! The pretty lady from Canadia and her hubby are doing a new show!

Can’t wait.

Mina and her mom continue to be adorable. The little boy is beyond cute. They’re adding more people that actually interact with Mina. I guess in preparation for when the mom leaves.

David is so extra in everything he does. That outfit from Greece was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2020 8:25 PM

R5 - Which pretty lady from Canadia? There are a few.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2020 8:28 PM

The ones that live in Memphis, I think 🤔

Music City Fix it was called, I believe. Before that one they had another hour-long show.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2020 8:41 PM

Were Sarah Richardson's shows on HGTV? Design Inc, Sarah 101, I think they're called. I'm watching them on DABL and they're really interesting. She explains what she's doing, explains the reasoning behind her decisions, resolves conflicts with clients. Never with the fake drama. I'm not sure when these were filmed but they are SO much better than any design I've seen on HGTV. Looking at you Chip and Joanna.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2020 9:03 PM

Bring back Candice Olsen, loved her shows

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2020 9:10 PM

I've come to love flaming David, however I could swear that each time his show breaks for a commercial he comes back from the break with even more hideous tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2020 9:14 PM

R4/R6 Music City Fix is not new, it's been on a few years. HGTV seems to run it as filler when it's out of new stuff.

Masters of Flip was their show when it was an hour, and Music City Fix was essentially the same show and people but only 30 minutes.

I did like them, but they aren't making any more, what with Kortney and Dave's divorce and everything.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2020 10:16 PM

R7 Sarah's show was on HGTV - like Music City Fix (mentioned elsewhere in this thread) they would often play it in the morning or on demand for some filler.

Her Off The Grid thing has been available on demand on some cable systems or some streaming things - we had Hulu and it was there.

Good to know her stuff is on DABL. Wish DABL was a channel on AppleTV....I think right now it's just over the air, right?

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2020 10:19 PM

I don't have cable so AFAIK, Dabl is just OTA. It also has a fantastic Australian show called The Living Room which is a mix of gadgets, travel, food, and reno and is really fun to watch.

Sarah Richardson has some of her shows posted on her website.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2020 10:25 PM

Scot MacGillivray is the hottest host and certainly not shy about showing off his body.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2020 10:30 PM

I loathe David. I am surprised hgtv keeps him on............

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2020 12:44 AM

I really liked million dollar decorators. Not hgtv but it was fun seeing people with big budgets for a change.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2020 1:14 AM

There really isn't much new on HGTV these days other than Good Bones. I guess they are stockpiling shows a bit through the summer.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2020 4:15 PM

Tarek said they did not air about 4 of his Flipping 101 shows and that they were saving them for later in the summer.

I think he also said Flip Or Flop was coming back soon.

I’m loving the comedians who laugh and mock the couples on House Hunters.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2020 4:20 PM

I looked online and believe there are additional episodes of Home Town for this season. I must admit that this show is getting better each time and I have come to appreciate their work and sincerity.

Renovation Island was a major success in Canada. I think it will do well here.

Maybe David can tattoo his ears?

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2020 4:23 PM

R18 No, the season finale for Home Town was the episode where they fixed the house they did in episode 1 of the season that got damaged by the tornado.

But HGTV is also doing things that confuse DVRs and streaming history - where they do the little "This is mostly something you already saw, but we'll add 2 minutes of commentary on it and call it new" and then they run that on the schedule.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2020 4:26 PM

R13, just saw that Scott will be back (with a new show, I believe) in July. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2020 4:30 PM

I can't wait for the Fords to come back. They should just smoke a joint on live TV and then go paint everything WHITE

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2020 4:34 PM

I'm watching Renovation Lake House.

The husband is some big mucky muck in TV or Film. I can't place him but after the first episode he left to go work on a film in Europe. He left his wife & sister in law to deal with everything.

The sister in law is a designer/contractor. His wife has champagne taste & can't make decisions. She fell seriously ill and had to be hospitalized for weeks leaving the sister in law to wing it without any approval.

It is a freaking mess that you can't look away from.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2020 10:37 PM

Who is the hot bald DILFy guy that's always on HGTV Canada? I think he's in one of the new shows.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2020 10:39 PM

I *love* Tarek's new show; it's miles away superior to Christina On the Coast. Tarek's Flipping 101 is actually useful and interesting because it focuses on novice flippers getting tutored by Tarek, seeing their mistakes and attitudes about learning/taking advice; while Christina's show is about Christina and her new family, and only tangentially about design/reno.

Glad Flip or Flop is returning, and Christin's solo show needs either retooling or shopped to Pop TV or Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2020 10:52 PM

Minas little boy looks just like the Baby New Year from the Rudolph cartoon, sans the ears.

😂🤣😛

He’s adorable. 😍😍

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2020 1:04 AM

Don’t usually have cable but I was at a friend’s place for a week and caught a few new-to-me HGTV shows. And I have to say Bargain Mansions— wtf? That woman’s taste is completely in her ass. She did some 1900s “shirtwaist” house, stuck the fridge facing a wall in a pantry room separate from the kitchen? And then paints it magenta? Ugliest shit I’ve seen in a while.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2020 1:43 AM

R26 THANK YOU! I thought I was going nuts when people were complimenting the woman on Bargain Mansions. Her designs are way too busy, and she never met dated wallpaper she didn't love. And yes, that fridge in another room was so fucking dumb.

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2020 2:46 AM

Go to the show’s IMDb page r27, you’ll see we’re not alone. Almost every review is negative. I guess this woman married into quite a bit of money and thought having a flipping show could be a cute hobby. Watching her in high heeled patent leather boots trying to demo an upper kitchen counter today room the cake. So phony.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2020 3:07 AM

*cabinet not counter

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2020 3:07 AM

Tamara's designs were decent during the first seasons, but either she's being led by a bad designer this year or she went off on her own.....it's been uniformly hideous this year

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2020 4:09 AM

R30

I agree. Bargain Mansions was great in previous seasons but this year she's been awful. I have no idea what happened because I loved her work before.

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2020 4:21 AM

I always watch HGTV when MSNBC, CNN and Bravo become annoying!! I love Love It or List It (the good hearted bitchiness between David/Hilary is fun), Flip or Flop (now that they are divorced), Property Brothers and Dream Home (David is cute, but I get jealous of the lottery winners). I am here for the drama - and beautiful homes. I always feel the need to buy furniture, curtains, rugs etc and declutter/clean (yet again) after watching these shows though!! Glad Scot is back with Income Property. Unfortunately, my gaydar was way off on him.

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2020 4:37 AM

I've been watching old "Sell This House" episodes with Roger H and Tanya Memme. The design is okay under the circumstances--very limited budget and time--but they were great hosts and when they show the before and after photos, they do a static shot and then dissolve into the new one so YOU CAN SEE THE FRIGGING IMPROVEMENT. None of this whirling camera 360° CGI crap like on Property Brothers with cabinets bursting from the walls and floorboards being laid while the camera pans. After the reno, they never show before and after from the same angle and it's always such rapid cuts. They all do that. Can't stand watching these shows.

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2020 12:08 PM

The guy from Flipping 101 is hot as hell. I’d love to flip him and fuck the hell out of him.

by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2020 1:33 PM

I always thought it was interesting on "Sell This House" how Roger H. rarely helps Tanya and the homeowners move furniture and belongings around. He is a huge strong muscle man. You would think he could help out.

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2020 1:53 PM

Tarek is dating a woman who might be Cristina’s sister. No joke.

She looks a lot like her.

He obviously has a type.

by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2020 3:36 PM

Roger Hazard is the MARY!est MARY! that ever MARY!ed.

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2020 3:38 PM

Don't much like Bargain Mansions - the houses are better before than after - so it's a matter of my taste (does she HAVE TO obliterate every dining room to make a huge kitchen?) - but I must say I'm developing a thing for her father, Ward Shraeder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2020 4:11 PM

R36 she’s one of the stars of Selling Sunset on Netflix

by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2020 5:00 PM

Fun fact ... The most successful HGTV stars are ALL Canadian and produced by Canadian production companies

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2020 5:02 PM

R38 Oh yes, her father is a hottie. Though I think I like him better without a beard.

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2020 5:02 PM

Fun fact: A lot of the shows were produced in Canada because certain provinces and the Canadian government gave the production companies tax rebates.

AND using Canadian companies or filming in Canada sometimes means the productions can pay less to various talent that appears on screen. (Bypassing daily minimums that some US unions require)

I do wish we could see more of HGTV Canada's content here in the States. It always seems more interesting to me when I see it (while visiting).

by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2020 5:06 PM

Bargain Mansions has always annoyed the fuck out of me,mainly because her voice is like nails on a chalkboard . Plus she never met a victorian mansion she couldnt ruin . I agree about her dad though,and I love his beard !

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2020 5:46 PM

Practically twins 😛

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 25, 2020 1:35 AM

Some of the later? Sell This House episodes have a work crew come in to paint and they seemed to have a bigger budget to buy new stuff.

I don't think the hosts ever paint more than a few minutes for the camera.

A really horrible show is the British "60 minute makeover". Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 45June 25, 2020 1:41 AM

Wow R44 ! thats just creepy ! Tarik needs to see someone .

by Anonymousreply 46June 25, 2020 2:00 AM

[quote] Who is the hot bald DILFy guy that's always on HGTV Canada? I think he's in one of the new shows.

Bryan Baeumler? He and his wife are pretty big HGTV personalities here, in Canada. Recently, they had a show where they renovated an entire resort in the Bahamas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 25, 2020 2:56 AM

R44 most slim bottle bottle blondes with fake boobs, fake teeth and fake tans look alike. Guess that’s his type.

by Anonymousreply 48June 25, 2020 4:04 AM

Tarek's new lady

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 25, 2020 4:05 AM

R47 yes, Bryan. I couldn't remember his name

by Anonymousreply 50June 25, 2020 4:06 AM

Please please please bring back Kitchen Cousins. Damn those men were hot.

by Anonymousreply 51June 25, 2020 4:15 AM

R51

The Kitchen Cousins have had a lot of legal problems. This is just one example. I doubt they'll be back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 25, 2020 2:10 PM

HATE IT WITH A PASSION. I am in the construction business and these shows make everything into a mini drama that can be solved after the commercial break. They mislead people on so many fronts.

by Anonymousreply 53June 25, 2020 2:30 PM

R52

I know they've had several lawsuits against them & will probably never be back. That being said I don't understand why HGTV keeps giving shows to the female from Chicago. Her name escapes me.

She has been sued several times for shoddy work as well as being shut down several times by the city.

by Anonymousreply 54June 25, 2020 3:12 PM

Plenty of HGTV "stars" are in legal battles.

"HGTV Stars Under Fire: Why the Network's Biggest Names All Seem to Be Getting Sued"

Seriously, the HGTV of today - as opposed to the beginnings of HGTV over 25 years ago - is garbage. A lot of it is scam shows orchestrated by scam hosts. It's the "Bogus Real Estate Channel."

The very fake "House Hunters" is the least of it, even though it may have heralded the downfall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 25, 2020 3:26 PM

The Tarek/Christina thing was, I think, mostly a bad choice on their part to lend their names to a company that was scamming people promising them to teach them how to flip. The lawsuit against Chip and JoJo, as much as I loathe them.....seems to be frivolous.

But the Kitchen Cousins, Love it or List It and Chicago Cunt have all been sued for actual poor work.

by Anonymousreply 56June 25, 2020 3:49 PM

Live it or list it is in trouble?

That is news to me.

What is the problem?

by Anonymousreply 57June 25, 2020 6:51 PM

Not enough people love it.

by Anonymousreply 58June 25, 2020 7:54 PM

R57 There was a case in NC a while back re shoddy work on a particular house.

I think the second Love It Or List It was sued too.

To be fair, the hosts are mostly that, hosts.....and it's the construction firms that are responsible for the work. (True on some level for EVERY HGTV show.) But still, their name is out there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 25, 2020 9:41 PM

NC?? I thought all the Love IT episodes were filmed in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 60June 25, 2020 10:29 PM

[quote] I thought all the Love IT episodes were filmed in Canada.

You haven't watched the show for a while, I'm guessing.

They switched from Canada to NC a few years back (I believe in 2014 or 2015) as filming costs were cheaper.

They were also running out of participants in Canada, I think.

by Anonymousreply 61June 25, 2020 10:37 PM

LOL! I thought LI was still in Canada also and I watch all the time.

by Anonymousreply 62June 25, 2020 10:39 PM

They don't really announce where they are, to be fair, but the way to tell is the price of the houses.

Almost all the Canadian/Toronto ones were $800K or above, but you can find them looking at "list it" choices with David now that are much lower (300 to 600K).

by Anonymousreply 63June 25, 2020 10:41 PM

Yeah, I don't care, they all get sued, bring back the boys from Kitchen Cousins! HGTV is so Frau with children oriented these days. What happened to all the gay couples? Remember Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanna Gaines? They never would put a gay couple on there because they totally pandered to the fund religious freaks. When they got called out on it they still never had a gay couple on there, all they did was issue a statesmen that says they don't discriminate.

HGTV should suck it up, pay the court fees and bring bake the gay men and the men we like to admire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 26, 2020 12:16 AM

Richard Blanco is back!!

That couple was ridiculous. Super picky. They were both was wishy-washy.

by Anonymousreply 65June 26, 2020 2:52 AM

The show I'm really waiting for is the new season of Restored. I fucking love that show.

by Anonymousreply 66June 26, 2020 3:25 AM

I bet the Kitchen Cousins watch each other beat off.

by Anonymousreply 67June 26, 2020 4:28 AM

[quote]The show I'm really waiting for is the new season of Restored. I fucking love that show.

Me too. And I want Brett inside me quite deeply.

But only if he calls me "Bucko!" LOL

by Anonymousreply 68June 26, 2020 4:28 AM

R64 Dayum those are some nice titties.

by Anonymousreply 69June 26, 2020 5:29 AM

He was WAY out of her league R65 ! I swore he was just bucking for dual citizenship but then he said he'd never go back to the US . So what the appeal of that weird faced ridiculously picky bitch was I'll never know . You could tell she thought she was the princess her parents had raised her as.

by Anonymousreply 70June 26, 2020 1:48 PM

Ooh I'll have to check out this HHI. Sounds dramatic.

And I do love any episode with Miss Blanco OR, of course, the goddess herself, Adrian Leeds!

by Anonymousreply 71June 26, 2020 2:04 PM

Of course La Blanco was having none of it, called the husband (who was a big old queen of course) "A fusspot."

by Anonymousreply 72June 26, 2020 3:20 PM

I laughed at that, R72.

Fusspot! Ha!

She was beyond plain and non-descript.

by Anonymousreply 73June 27, 2020 1:47 AM

R4/R6 I apologize, I thought you were talking about Music City Fix when you mentioned the pretty Canadian lady.

But I see that indeed Kourtney and Dave Wilson do have a new show on HGTV starting next week.

Not sure if it was all filmed before their announcement of divorce, or if they've reconciled........

by Anonymousreply 74June 30, 2020 9:11 PM

She looks better with shorter hair.

by Anonymousreply 75June 30, 2020 9:39 PM

Divorced couples can work together, just ask Tarek and Cristina.

😬

by Anonymousreply 76June 30, 2020 9:44 PM

R74 Agreed. She looks like a whore with it longer.

by Anonymousreply 77June 30, 2020 10:04 PM

La Leeds!!!

She’s back!

Omg the poor guy from Houston on HH. How tragic. He’s a salesman so he must make good money. The wife is a total vapid woman. She seemed to care more about the dog than the nerdy guy.

by Anonymousreply 78July 1, 2020 2:34 AM

HHI was great last night. La Leeds & the bear re-watched his episode. He had a nasty divorce from his husband and pulled up stakes to move to Nice.

Absolutely delightful & so funny.

by Anonymousreply 79July 1, 2020 10:17 AM

I want an entire Zoom social distancing episode with a Tasteful Friends type of thing. The Americans can comment and La Leeds can read them for the common filth that they are.....from a distance, of course.

by Anonymousreply 80July 1, 2020 2:43 PM

She’s done 50 episodes!!!!! 😯

I’ve only seen a handful of them! 🥴🥴

by Anonymousreply 81July 1, 2020 8:41 PM

Chip and Johanna OMG can't stand them. That statement they released about their homophobic hateful bible thumping lunatic church - so self-important and arrogant. They just strike me as so fake. Sickening. I was in my dentist office and it was on in the treatment room, I told my dentist about it and she immediately shut it off. She's a supporter with a gay son.

by Anonymousreply 82July 1, 2020 9:00 PM

Does anyone know why they run the same show all night every night? I am sure there is some research they did that will explain it but to me it kind of sucks that if Property Bros are on all night I won't bother putting on the channel.

by Anonymousreply 83July 1, 2020 9:04 PM

They usually give the main show of the night then they break it up with HH episodes then the whole schedule repeats again.

My dentist doesn’t even bother with HGTV anymore.

It’s just some landscapes with soft music in the background.

Like what a travel agent would show to showcase a particular destination.

by Anonymousreply 84July 1, 2020 9:26 PM

Sandra Rinomato on Property Virgins was one of my favorites.

LOVE Adrian Leeds also, of course! It's hilarious when she takes her "house hunters" down a few notches with their ridiculous expectations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 1, 2020 9:30 PM

Ah yes, Sanda "Tits" Rinomato.

If I was straight I would really be a breast man...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 1, 2020 9:33 PM

There are some great shows on HGTV On Demand that I never see broadcast. I love Hot Properties: San Diego. Only 30 minutes, and the contractor, Andrew White, is adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 1, 2020 11:04 PM

R87 that show grew on me.

by Anonymousreply 88July 1, 2020 11:06 PM

Weird guy on HH in LA. Either autistic or a reincarnation of Paul Lynde.

by Anonymousreply 89July 2, 2020 3:50 AM

ALL I've done for you, ALL of you, and you bitches (((hiccup))) alwaysh forget me!

by Anonymousreply 90July 2, 2020 3:51 AM

He was a professional magician to boot R89 . When he dropped the line about finally feeling like a grown up when hes every minute of 30 just floored me. And he spent the majority of his $500,000 inheritance on that ghastly townhouse !

by Anonymousreply 91July 2, 2020 4:01 AM

R91 All of those properties needed either a sledgehammer or a match.

And he needed a haircut, a shirt that actually fits, and a reduction in his downers intake.

by Anonymousreply 92July 2, 2020 4:19 AM

Somehow that shrieking queen Orlando Soria has ANOTHER new show.

The commercial that ran for it was just a collection of her with her mouth open, like, "OMG!"

by Anonymousreply 93July 2, 2020 5:44 PM

So it seems this new show is a different way of combining flipping shows and getting more bang for their flipping buck.

This Jessie guy worked with Tarek before and of course the BoiseBoys had their own show. They’ve also previewed the Vegas couple and the NAsheville/Memphis couple.

I like it so far.

by Anonymousreply 94July 3, 2020 1:31 AM

What’s the deal with the Home Town people? They’re moving to another small town?

Are they going to renovate houses or Main Street businesses?

by Anonymousreply 95July 3, 2020 1:33 AM

R95 They are still in Laurel.

HGTV had a contest to pick another town where they would do a few projects and they picked somewhere in Nowheresville, Alabama.

I don't know all the details but I think that it's going to be a combination of both.

by Anonymousreply 96July 3, 2020 3:59 AM

Okay I'm watching old episodes of Sell This House because I love Roger. It must have been a frustrating show to work, all that ugly furniture and tons of crap which he had to fix with a few sheets and a coat of paint. This particular episode was set on Maui. Million dollar homes that look like trashy shacks inside. The owners were renting out the lower level to two moronic kids who never cleaned. It was disgusting. Tanya opened the oven door that had all this shit in it and the kid said, "oh that's a rat's nest". There were blow darts stuck in the wall high up and he showed off his blow gun, "We use it to kill the cockroaches". The homeowners could not have been happy when that episode aired. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 97July 3, 2020 1:11 PM

Sandra is one of my favorite HGTV hosts. Her shows are always interesting and this experience for buyers is probably closer to the reality than most of the shows.

The other one I like is Scott from income properties. His interactions with his client seem very genuine. The only thing that would improve it for me is him working on pool enclosure so he can get them in a speedo. Now that would be must see TV.

by Anonymousreply 98July 3, 2020 1:47 PM

Scott's new show has a commercial running incessantly and he looks as handsome as ever.

by Anonymousreply 99July 3, 2020 4:33 PM

I watched the new show Flipping America last night. A same priced home in to different parts of America are renovated by HGVT stars. You see which sells for more.

The Boise Boys killed it. They turned a $300,000 profit while the other team only made $100,000.

I can't remember the names of the other HGTV team but they were just nowhere near as good as the Boise Boys. They really took a mess & turned it into a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 100July 3, 2020 7:53 PM

Oh yeah, that awful cunt is the hostess.

Jesse and Tina from Vintage Flip were the other team. To be fair they had a house in Redlands that I think had some historical district limitations on it.

by Anonymousreply 101July 3, 2020 8:54 PM

^^^

Historical limitations would not have affected the terrible choices they made on the interiors. The outside colors were so ugly. I wouldn't have bought that hose no matter the price because I'd have to start over from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 102July 3, 2020 9:12 PM

Calm down, Mary R102.

I thought it was nice. It looked like a doll house.

Everything is much more expensive in California so of course the Boise Boys’ money went way further.

by Anonymousreply 103July 3, 2020 10:13 PM

Tonight is the premiere of the new Dave and Kortney Show

by Anonymousreply 104July 6, 2020 6:20 PM

Yes! Can’t wait, R104.

by Anonymousreply 105July 6, 2020 6:24 PM

Loved the show on moving to the Azores! Except the couple should have bought the third house, modern, great views, less expensive, simply fab!

by Anonymousreply 106July 6, 2020 6:46 PM

What show was that r19?

by Anonymousreply 107July 7, 2020 1:53 PM

R107 A lot of shows have done that repackaging thing recently.

They either take an old episode, do commentary over it and call it a new one, or they edit together a few episodes.

The "new" Restored last night was a compilation of three earlier episodes he's done.

And this new "Flipping Across America" looks to be leftover renos from the various HGTV flipping shows. The one in Redlands was made a few years ago, because the wife in that flipping pair was pregnant and had her third kid during their last season of that show, which was in 2017 or 2018, and she was pregnant on the Flipping Across America footage, too.

by Anonymousreply 108July 9, 2020 7:41 PM

I watched some of these shows in England, due to DL - what I can't stand is the constant recaps.

by Anonymousreply 109July 9, 2020 8:42 PM

Tarek is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 9, 2020 8:43 PM

I bet he's got a nice huge slab.

by Anonymousreply 111July 9, 2020 8:50 PM

Is HGTV pretty much the Chip and Joanne channel because seeing them on there constantly with their fake smiles and charm is what caused me to stop watching HGTV. I'm not sure what channel it used to be on but a few years ago there was a fun show with a blonde German or Austrian lady as the designed and a chubby Italian guy as the contractor with another builder who was really hot and it came out later he had posed nude and I think they were posted on DL.

by Anonymousreply 112July 9, 2020 10:50 PM

Those asshole Gaines have not been on hgtv in some time.

They’re gonna start their own network. Don’t know how the hell they are going to fill the long day, I’m sure as hell not watching.

Hope most others won’t as well.

That farmhouse look is no longer a thing.

by Anonymousreply 113July 9, 2020 11:03 PM

[quote] Those asshole Gaines have not been on hgtv in some time.

They haven't had a NEW episode of their old show in a long time, but they still play the shit out of Fixer Upper in repeats.

Apparently once DIY changes to "Magnolia" it will move more towards a lifestyle channel, so it might actually have more flower arranging and gardening type things, all the shit that old time HGTV'ers say that they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 114July 9, 2020 11:54 PM

R111 apparently doesnt have eyes. You dont see that tiny little bulge in that picture?

by Anonymousreply 115July 10, 2020 1:26 AM

I always imagine that if I were to visit Waco, Texas that every third house would be a Chip and Joanna special and there would be shiplap (sp?) everywhere.

Because seriously, how many houses in need of renovation can there be in a town the size of Waco?

by Anonymousreply 116July 10, 2020 1:30 AM

R110 Tarek is nervy, Persian and foolishly attracted to squeaky-voiced Barbie dolls.

by Anonymousreply 117July 10, 2020 1:31 AM

Persian?? You mean 1/2 Moroccan. Moroccan father, American mother.

by Anonymousreply 118July 10, 2020 1:36 AM

....or maybe European mother. Who the fuck knows.

by Anonymousreply 119July 10, 2020 1:38 AM

Because of Chip and Joanna Gains I've developed a hatred of Shiplap.

by Anonymousreply 120July 10, 2020 1:43 AM

R130 And I've developed a hatred of the color grey, barn-doors ridiculously over-ornate tiled splashbacks, and wall hangings with dopey typographical slogans.

But I am curious about mud rooms; we don't have those where I am.

by Anonymousreply 121July 10, 2020 1:51 AM

I’m super happy Lindsey and her cute hubby won the flipping competition. Mina’s project was screwed in so many ways.

I wish I could still see their regular show. They always do a fantastic job with each flip.

by Anonymousreply 122July 10, 2020 2:28 AM

Tarek’s mom is from Belgium. Super white and blue-eyed. She’s lovely.

by Anonymousreply 123July 10, 2020 2:30 AM

Many of the houses the Gaines have done have been outside of Waco proper, R116.

Little shit towns outside of the area.

by Anonymousreply 124July 10, 2020 2:33 AM

I thought Tarek was Egyptian?

by Anonymousreply 125July 10, 2020 3:36 AM

Love it or List it films in NC, right? I think the show has been monotone ever since they moved to the US. There's not enough variety of housing, people and culture in NC to make it interesting. It's the same old houses in the same old American suburbs. I get it the show follows the same structure to the T every episode but I wish the people, neighborhoods and houses should have more variety.

by Anonymousreply 126July 10, 2020 4:10 AM

Yeah, how many bland white trash yokels can one watch?

by Anonymousreply 127July 10, 2020 4:26 AM

R127 Joanna Gaines is half Korean and quarter German and Lebanese.

But I agree with you about yokels. All these presenters are chosen to appeal to frauen rather than their decorating talent. Brett Waterman os the exception.

On the other hand I'm learning about those good-looking states in the inner-east which never get much attention.

by Anonymousreply 128July 10, 2020 4:33 AM

Brett's houses can be similar.

But I like him - I think he's kinda hot in a nerdy sorta way - and he at least knows his shit and comes at it from the historical angle. I don't always like the results but I can respect the thought he puts into it.

by Anonymousreply 129July 10, 2020 4:37 AM

Anyone remember Designing for the Sexes? I think that's what it was called. Some old closet queen with a European accent. Always the same setup, "he wants modern, she wants traditional, see how I bring them both together". That old, old old queen pinged to high heaven and had the nerve to claim he was married to a woman. We call that a beard Sir Micheal.

by Anonymousreply 130July 10, 2020 4:56 AM

^ No.

by Anonymousreply 131July 10, 2020 7:07 AM

R130

I loved Designing for the Sexes. I also LOVED Karen Mcaloon's Find Your Style. and of course Candace Olson's show.

by Anonymousreply 132July 10, 2020 11:45 AM

I just started watching Hometown. I love it!

by Anonymousreply 133July 10, 2020 11:47 AM

Did anyone catch La Leeds say she married a gay man. She said her gaydar is non-existent.

by Anonymousreply 134July 10, 2020 11:51 AM

[quote] frauen

Kudos for getting this right.

by Anonymousreply 135July 10, 2020 1:08 PM

I loved designers challenge.

by Anonymousreply 136July 10, 2020 4:52 PM

HH Bingo! LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 10, 2020 10:08 PM

Hilary’s Haggetry is spectacular

by Anonymousreply 138July 10, 2020 10:58 PM

Remember Design on a Dime? You can have this professional looking space by shopping at Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 139July 11, 2020 3:12 AM

En inglés por favor, R138.

😬😬

by Anonymousreply 140July 11, 2020 3:26 AM

I just watched my first ep. of Stone House Revival

and HELLO, host Jeff!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 11, 2020 3:36 AM

Jeff's taste is occasionally girly.

by Anonymousreply 142July 11, 2020 3:56 AM

But is his dick occasionally gay?

by Anonymousreply 143July 11, 2020 8:35 PM

Scott and his new show were entertaining. That transformation was amazing.

I missed the beginning so I didn’t see where he was. Is he back in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 144July 12, 2020 3:43 AM

^^^^

Whats the name of his show?

by Anonymousreply 145July 12, 2020 11:32 AM

R145

Scott McGillivray's "Vacation House Rules"

by Anonymousreply 146July 12, 2020 1:07 PM

"Scott McGillivray Needs To Sit On My Face"

by Anonymousreply 147July 12, 2020 3:29 PM

I just watched a House Hunters on my DVR that had one of the least photogenic house shoppers I’ve ever seen on this series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 15, 2020 4:02 AM

I think House Hunters loves their cliches. Every single Atlanta episode has black folks. Palm Springs, gay guys. And Colorado has weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 149July 15, 2020 4:05 AM

^ neither photogenic nor audiogenic.

by Anonymousreply 150July 15, 2020 4:16 AM

I can not believe the house Mina & Karen renovated last night. The inside was charred beyond belief due to a fire and it had 3 feet high of belongings throughout the house.

I would've never attempted to reno a house that damaged but they did an amazing job.

by Anonymousreply 151July 15, 2020 11:27 AM

R148 I saw that one too! She reminded me completely of Debbie Downer, or a character Rachel Dratch would play.

Her mom was a fat cow, too.

by Anonymousreply 152July 15, 2020 2:28 PM

R151 I liked that episode.

Had to laugh b/c I said "wow, that's a hoarder's paradise" and literally five seconds later on screen, Mina and Karen said the exact same words. How sad, though.....it looked terrible before.

by Anonymousreply 153July 15, 2020 2:49 PM

Speaking of Good Bones, I am developing a thing for Cory.

He didn't make an impression at first but I think he's really cute, and he's got a nice ass and a nice bulge in the front.

by Anonymousreply 154July 15, 2020 2:50 PM

I'm crushing big time on Mike Holmes Jr (MJ) of Holmes and Holmes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 15, 2020 3:19 PM

I always liked Mike Sr, weirdly. I would happily be in the middle of a Holmes sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 156July 15, 2020 3:46 PM

Shockingly it appears Cory is straight. I was convinced he was gay.

(no, really, not just b/c I thought he was hot - he truly isn't the butchest tool in the shed.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 15, 2020 4:01 PM

[quote] I loathe David. I am surprised hgtv keeps him on............

He has all the qualities of a meth queen.

by Anonymousreply 158July 15, 2020 4:06 PM

Does anyone know what Mina's husband does for a living?

by Anonymousreply 159July 15, 2020 4:09 PM

Porn.

by Anonymousreply 160July 15, 2020 4:17 PM

[quote] Speaking of Good Bones, I am developing a thing for Cory. He didn't make an impression at first but I think he's really cute, and he's got a nice ass and a nice bulge in the front.

It is extremely rare to find a guy who has both, a round firm ass and a bulge. Typically it seems to be either one or the other.

by Anonymousreply 161July 15, 2020 7:29 PM

He said last night that he was going commando that day. Hot to think those tight pants were up against his cock!

by Anonymousreply 162July 15, 2020 7:33 PM

He said on the show, R162? How did that get mentioned? What a slut!

by Anonymousreply 163July 15, 2020 7:46 PM

R163 He and Tad started wrestling in the mud as Mina was using a big bulldozer to tear the back of the house off.

That sweet ass was in the air, rolling around with Tad.

I mean, Tad works for me too...I wanna cut his hair but those biceps are hot, and his thighs probably are, too. Plus I'm guessing Tad has a big Polish cock.

by Anonymousreply 164July 15, 2020 7:49 PM

I wonder how Brett from Restored finds all his houses,

That kitchen from the small town was amazing!!!

The whole house was amazing. The living room was huge.

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 165July 16, 2020 3:10 AM

I wonder how Brett from Restored finds all his houses,

That kitchen from the small town was amazing!!!

The whole house was amazing. The living room was huge.

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 166July 16, 2020 3:10 AM

I wouldn't allow Brett or anyone take over full control of my house. I notice he does allow the owners once or twice confer on big decisions but I would never give 'carte blanche' or a blank cheque to do my house over.

by Anonymousreply 167July 16, 2020 4:15 AM

R167 that's all faked. Most of these flip shows get sign off from the owners on everything beforehand, they just act surprised.

I love watching Restored and enjoy seeing the houses. I also think Brett is kinda hot! But I wouldn't want to necessarily live in most of those houses. I appreciate the restorations in most rooms but I couldn't cope with old ugly tile in bathrooms and the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 168July 16, 2020 4:33 AM

R165 I follow Brett on social media and he uses that to put the word out. I think the historical societies in Redland, Riverside, etc. also refer people to his company.

by Anonymousreply 169July 16, 2020 4:34 AM

Anyone know when new episodes of Restored will start? It's been forever.

by Anonymousreply 170July 16, 2020 6:35 AM

Generally, I would love to offer my house for a make-over. I'd have serious concerns about the level of quality though. Love all the flipping shows. Love most of the design choices. But then, every now and then the camera gets too close and you see the work in little details, and you just want to run. At least in real life I can watch progress on a daily basis and can enforce corrections. I don't think (future) home owners have any options to get corrections done.

by Anonymousreply 171July 16, 2020 1:20 PM

R170 He had a video on FB saying they were slightly delayed due to the pandemic, but that he expected new episodes to air in early fall.

by Anonymousreply 172July 16, 2020 2:11 PM

R171

Yes, if you watch closely, you can see snippets of video of really poor workmanship on most, if not all, of these flip shows.

On the other hand, with regard to offering a house for a makeover - and I am truly a control queen so I shock myself - I would gladly hand over my entire house if I could get Candice Olson to design and decorate it. (I also love Sarah Richardson, but every once in a while she - for me - goes off the reservation, so I would be reluctant to have her do my entire house.)

by Anonymousreply 173July 16, 2020 3:22 PM

I'm surprised at the wellspring of appreciation for Sarah Richardson.

Her design choices ARE balanced - she has a good eye for avoiding style/pattern/color clashes - but they are often also very bland, and she's a bit too mug-cradly feminine in her designs for my taste.

(nothing against you if you like it, just surprised so many do is all)

by Anonymousreply 174July 16, 2020 4:38 PM

I'm a dick lover but damn, I would eat Cory's ass for hours.

by Anonymousreply 175July 16, 2020 4:39 PM

R174

I always enjoyed Sarah's show even if somethings were not exactly my taste. I loved her relationship with her assistant.

I was always amazed at how she was able to pair up a wide variety of patterns and they all meshed perfectly. I do not have that ability. That's why I have to use an interior designer to flesh out how things fit together.

by Anonymousreply 176July 16, 2020 6:08 PM

Love me some J Pickens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 16, 2020 7:50 PM

I loathe those mongoloid Property Brothers, but a few years ago my husband convinced me to apply to be on the show. They had put out an announcement that they were looking for participants in our area.

The requirements were crazy. You had to already own or be in escrow when you applied, so the idea that they are showing properties to buy is preposterous.

Then, you had to have $250,000 cash or line of credit for the remodel. You could request which room(s) you'd like redone, but ultimately it was up to them. And you had to give them complete control.

There were some other caveats, but we were already out of the running because we had only just started our real estate search, having relocated from California and were temporarily living in a rental.

FUCK YOU, PROPERTY BROTHERS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 178July 16, 2020 9:28 PM

A quarter mil????

That’s insane. Depending on the city, you could buy an entire house for that much 😳😳

by Anonymousreply 179July 16, 2020 11:27 PM

That's probably just their fee. The reno is extra

by Anonymousreply 180July 16, 2020 11:55 PM

R177 That Jason Pickens is cute.

But how can he afford that shop in New York? His "art-furniture" looks rather small.

And who is Francisco? And are they lovers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 17, 2020 12:45 AM

Who is this Orlando Soria queen whose new show they've been promoting recently? I think it's called "Build Me Up".

Who's had him?

by Anonymousreply 182July 18, 2020 12:52 AM

I can't stand her. She makes David Bromstad look like the butchest coal miner on earth.

by Anonymousreply 183July 18, 2020 2:56 AM

Cuntina on the Coast is coming back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 18, 2020 7:30 PM

Christina has probably the most annoying voice on television today. I think if I had to hear her everyday I would shoot myself.

by Anonymousreply 185July 18, 2020 7:51 PM

Glad to see my favorite flipper, ginger Eric from Palm Springs, is back and on "Flipping Across America" with his wife Lindsey.

I'm not really into gingers, but I think Eric is really cute and seems like a nice guy, on-air and off.

by Anonymousreply 186July 18, 2020 8:29 PM

Well, they aren't really back, R186, they just took an old episode of Desert Flippers and had that Alison hag talk over it with an intro.

I wish they would make more, though. I like Eric, something about him is very hot.

by Anonymousreply 187July 18, 2020 8:49 PM

Third season??

What happened to the second one??

Won’t bother. At least with Tareks show you learn a thing or two.

by Anonymousreply 188July 18, 2020 9:30 PM

R184 That Barbie Doll arouses all my latent misogyny.

A Prima Donna Princess with Dangling tendrils, Vocal Fry who's absolutely useless without male minions.

by Anonymousreply 189July 18, 2020 10:02 PM

[quote] Glad to see my favorite flipper, ginger Eric from Palm Springs, is back and on "Flipping Across America" with his wife Lindsey.

To me these two are The King of Queens of house flippers. He is the slightly douchie former frat idiot, and she is the pretty one keeping it all together. I couldn't stand him without her around.

by Anonymousreply 190July 18, 2020 11:33 PM

I can't stand Tarek or his ex-wife. Every single house is done the same way: gray, black & white

by Anonymousreply 191July 19, 2020 12:06 PM

[quote] Third season?? What happened to the second one??

The first part of the second season was the batch of episodes they ran after the wedding one, which was end of S1.

The ones in August are apparently the second part of S2.

by Anonymousreply 192July 19, 2020 2:07 PM

[quote]Cuntina on the Coast is coming back

I loathe Cuntina!

Totally agree, R189.

by Anonymousreply 193July 19, 2020 5:21 PM

Tyson - former model. Famewhore. Average looks but I guess that's a model in Portland. Real estate agent Cale - probably Tyson's actual boyfriend but playing real estate agent to be on tv. Also wears ridiculously skinny leg pants. Tyson and his "wife" run a social media management company. So of course their price range is up to $700,000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 19, 2020 8:39 PM

Alison Victoria is a huge cunt. I hate her SO much.

She did her voiceover for Flipping Across America and shaded the Flip or Flop Atlanta couple.

"Wellll, I usually try to avoid trendy but it really works for this property."

"Wellll, *I* always try to have my contractors walk the property so they can avoid this sort of thing."

BITCH, YOU DID DEMO ON A HOUSE SO BADLY THE WHOLE THING COLLAPSED. Shut your skanky wigged ass up and sit on down.

by Anonymousreply 195July 24, 2020 3:43 AM

I watched the new series Build Me Up with Orlando Joria and really liked it.

by Anonymousreply 196July 24, 2020 6:55 AM

David Bromstad was mildly interesting when he first hit it big on "Design Stars." So HGTV hired him to do "Color Splash." It was a decent show, but his design work (since revisited), super trendy at the time, now appears dated. He was thankfully almost devoid of tattoos back then. Now, though, he looks gaunt and inked beyond reason. In "My Lottery Dream Home," he makes no apology for dialing in on the person he truly is. In my opinion, his wardrobe choices are more questionable than quirky, a fact he's addressed in recent episodes of "Lottery," shot in his Orlando condo. In fact, he admits he chooses the outfits himself from his very own closet (no surprise, since no professional wardrobe consultant would allow him to leave home in some of the costumes he fancies). I actually feel sorry for him because the tattoos, in my opinion, are a scream for help. Like "look at me!" And the Dream Home winners are mostly low-income lottery addicts who think the height of luxury is a tract home in the low-to-mid-300s. Hardly the mansions the show's production company alludes to in promos. Bromstad says his tattoos tell his life story, although he says he regrets some of them now.

"Home Town" is my favorite show and the newest quirky hit in HGTV's lineup. Ben and Erin Napier still appear sincerely blown away by their astonishing rise in reality TV. It's shocking to think this former pastor and his artist wife had no real training in reconstruction or home design prior to joining the fray. Ben is an extremely talented woodworker/carpenter and Erin matches him with her sixth sense about what makes a house a home. Unlike Joanna Gaines, who never met a piece of shiplap she didn't like, Erin tailors her designs to the personality and back story of her clients and often re-purposes material from the house being rehabbed. Though the colors she chooses for the exteriors of the homes in Laurel, Mississippi, appear to be questionable at times, she defends he choices by saying she researches color choices from the era in which a particular house was originally built. And it always seems to work. I'm sure we aren't getting the whole story on these two, given that it's a reality TV show, but I much prefer the company of a couple who are genuinely invested in turning things around in their once-downtrodden home town.

by Anonymousreply 197July 24, 2020 9:59 AM

Here's an interesting article from 2012 about Orlando Soria.

Doesn't seem very surprising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 24, 2020 12:09 PM

I watched one episode of Orlando's show last year when it was called Unspouse My House and couldn't stand it for more than ten minutes.

I have no idea if he's that scorchingly flaming in real life, but his more annoying tics are being exaggerated for the show. The commercial they've been running, with his mouth wide open as if it's waiting to receive a cock, is just unbearable.

He is a 12 out of 10 on the Turbo Neon MARY! scale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199July 24, 2020 2:04 PM

Cory Miller needs his own show where he starts to discuss his emerging bisexuality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 24, 2020 2:32 PM

And his tight pants

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 24, 2020 2:37 PM

Lottery Dream Home cracks me up. That show belongs on TLC with all the other circus folk we love.

by Anonymousreply 202July 24, 2020 8:11 PM

They had a HHI from Germany. Hot German dude......probably has a huge uncut cock.

His "girlfriend" looked more like an old hag or his mom, not a fellow student.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203July 29, 2020 12:59 AM

Aww, poor Mina. I feel for her. 😢

by Anonymousreply 204July 29, 2020 1:39 AM

^^^^^

I agree. Such devastating news.

by Anonymousreply 205July 29, 2020 2:20 AM

There is an update on Mina's story - and it has been out on the Internet for many months - but I will not spoil it for anyone who prefers to watch it on the show. Just FYI for the curious

by Anonymousreply 206July 29, 2020 3:35 AM

Ok, what is Mina's story?

by Anonymousreply 207July 29, 2020 4:10 AM

R207 I heard about Mina's story and I wasn't devastated at all.

by Anonymousreply 208July 29, 2020 7:00 AM

R207 they have been showing in the last few episodes that Mina & husband can't get pregnant for round 2 so they are trying IVF

by Anonymousreply 209July 29, 2020 8:17 AM

Yeah, I’ve seen the previews for her show.

They show Mina telling her adorable little boy that he is going to be a big brother so somehow they do get pregnant again.

Also, old eggs at 35? Damn 😟

by Anonymousreply 210July 29, 2020 4:47 PM

Tad was in short shorts yesterday and those thighs looked good!

And Cory looked very hot with his sunglasses on. Even if he is a metrosexual Mary

by Anonymousreply 211July 29, 2020 4:54 PM

The dumb meathead from Flip or Flop Vegas is, unsurprisingly, a deplorable and a mask denier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212July 29, 2020 5:39 PM

R210

The OB was pretty sure she'd never get pregnant. Does that mean she's used a donor egg or they're adopting?

by Anonymousreply 213July 29, 2020 7:03 PM

They apparently got a second opinion

by Anonymousreply 214July 29, 2020 7:36 PM

I'm truly shocked that a pimp and (in all likelihood) his stripper wife are MAGAts!

by Anonymousreply 215July 29, 2020 8:54 PM

Orlando Soria is super-cute, but yeah, that tween-girl voice cancels it out.

by Anonymousreply 216July 30, 2020 9:01 PM

I just don't get that he's cute. But he is the most flamingest Mary I have ever seen.

There's doing some kind of 5K giveaway to watch her show and I was like, oooh I will pass on the 5K.

by Anonymousreply 217July 30, 2020 9:35 PM

I like his show. Last night he did a great job renovating a woman's kitchen, dining room, master bedroom, guest bath and her college aged son's bedroom. He also did her back patio.

He basically redid the entire house. I especially loved the patio, kitchen & dining room .

by Anonymousreply 218July 30, 2020 11:22 PM

The "throuple" episode of HH will be repeated tonight.

by Anonymousreply 219July 31, 2020 1:50 AM

R219 gay throuple?

by Anonymousreply 220July 31, 2020 2:01 AM

R220 No, weird straight throuple with two lezbeans. From, of all places, Colorado Springs.

The guy is sorta hot in a DILFY way and looks like he's had a beej or two from a dude.

by Anonymousreply 221July 31, 2020 2:04 AM

FYI

Martha Stewart has a new show starting tonight on HGTV.

by Anonymousreply 222July 31, 2020 12:58 PM

I'm starting to get a crush on Dave Marrs. Yeah, married, straight, probably Fundy, but he looks great in jeans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223July 31, 2020 7:02 PM

I stopped watching HGTV because all of the homes featured on the channel are million dollar plus. I can’t relate.

by Anonymousreply 224July 31, 2020 7:11 PM

HGTV would be torture for the Poors

by Anonymousreply 225July 31, 2020 7:12 PM

I make 120k annually

by Anonymousreply 226July 31, 2020 7:16 PM

Martha Knows Best was a fucking RIOT. I loved it.

Miss Martha does NOT go to Home Depot for her seeds, bitches. No, no. SHE flies to fucking Paris and goes to the foo-fooey seed store.

But seriously, it's funny. She's learned long ago to lean into the bitchiness.

Her gardener is kinda hot, though I want to tell him to blink twice if he needs help to escape.

by Anonymousreply 227August 1, 2020 3:15 AM

I loved it!!!

Martha is funny!

Her helper is a hottie.

Those grounds are expansive and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 228August 1, 2020 3:50 AM

They redid the gay designer's home on Good Bones, showed his cute husband.

I had mixed feelings about that one. The living room space with built in shelves looked great, it was nice that they opened everything up, and the sunroom was nice. But the kitchen looked out of place and the cabinets (which he picked) and island counter were not attractive.

AND they lime washed the exterior brick and it looked totally shitty. It was charming prior to the rehab.

by Anonymousreply 229August 5, 2020 12:52 PM

R229

I didn't like the outdoor brick before the reno but I also didn't like the finished product. They should've done the German Smear technique on the brick. I love that method & it allows some of the brick to show. The method they used made it look like they just painted the brick.

by Anonymousreply 230August 5, 2020 2:40 PM

[quote] The method they used made it look like they just painted the brick.

and ran out of paint

by Anonymousreply 231August 5, 2020 5:25 PM

It may have had too much brick but I felt if they would have put some cedar wood on the exterior in some places it would have broken it up a bit. The entire thing inside and out was a little too white on white for me, but I know that's what Mary Designer Gurlina wanted, so.......

by Anonymousreply 232August 5, 2020 5:27 PM

I loved it!

by Anonymousreply 233August 5, 2020 8:12 PM

'Queen Frau' Joanna Gaines reminds me so much of this odious little faker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 5, 2020 10:59 PM

Ugh, apparently the Gaineses are bringing their show back to launch their new network.

by Anonymousreply 235August 5, 2020 11:01 PM

Re: the Gay Bones house: that vinyl tile in the sunroom was HORRID. And what a fucking waste to ruin that vintage Malm fireplace with an ELECTRIC FAKE FIRE INSERT!

Flyover gays have weird taste.

by Anonymousreply 236August 7, 2020 8:45 PM

Seriously, most of that house was hideous.

by Anonymousreply 237August 7, 2020 9:30 PM

Watching the Good Bones episode where they converted the old biker bar and added a huge addition. I thought it looked great, but was distracted when they were showing it to the gay couple --- that one with the lady hips was most definitely trans, right?

by Anonymousreply 238August 8, 2020 4:51 PM

I sometimes wonder about the Good Bones business.

They always show the houses to “potential” buyers but those people NEVER end up buying the house. Then it turns out that they sold the house to someone else. If they sell it at all!

Sometimes they end up renting the property. They make very little profit, it seems.

They’ve been showing people who want their homes remodeled and then they have an actual budget, with some profit, I guess.

It seems they make the houses super nice but get no buyers. Maybe they over-develop for the neighborhood? Yes, I know they mention when the neighborhood is “up-and-coming” but it takes time for people to buy into those areas.

by Anonymousreply 239August 8, 2020 4:59 PM

I like the *people* on Good Bones but I think their aesthetics are way too girly or Pinteresty and are just going more and more in that direction.

by Anonymousreply 240August 8, 2020 6:44 PM

Martha Stewart's new HGTV show is fabulous. It is the perfect anecdote for this awful summer.

by Anonymousreply 241August 12, 2020 12:41 AM

Yes R238 ! Even my ancient mother turned to me and said "Is that...?" .

by Anonymousreply 242August 12, 2020 12:56 AM

Some guy was on HHI last night, looking for property (with his stinkfish and crotch droppings) in Luxembourg.

He was cute in a nerdy professor kinda way. She looked vaguely like 80s Shelley Duvall.

by Anonymousreply 243August 12, 2020 9:58 PM

The lady was beyond non-descript.

He was attractive. The baby was adorable.

Those house prices were ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 244August 13, 2020 2:39 AM

They had one in Switzerland too.

I wanted to slap THAT woman and her terrible taste.

by Anonymousreply 245August 13, 2020 3:04 AM

And did you get a load of that QWEEN son of theirs R245 ???

by Anonymousreply 246August 13, 2020 3:48 AM

I watched Restored last night. He's doing his favorite restorations of each specific architectural style.

The homeowners walked him through their house & their kitchen was in mint pristine condition from the 1940s. Brett asked them what they wanted to do in there. The husband said to rip everything out.

The look on Brett's face & his jagged intake of breath made me LOL.

by Anonymousreply 247August 13, 2020 11:06 AM

R246 He learned from Mommy, no doubt

by Anonymousreply 248August 13, 2020 2:00 PM

I want Brett inside of me quite deeply.

I really do think Brandon (his carpenter) is his partner. Or his fuck buddy. Or maybe it's Heath his helper.

by Anonymousreply 249August 13, 2020 2:27 PM

Is Bromstad the one who did Design Challengevand won? I also remember a show with a chubby black lady who won and had a short lived show. Not sure why her show didnt take off.

I am so sick of HGTV and the hours and hours of Love It or List It and those Property twins.

by Anonymousreply 250August 13, 2020 2:36 PM

On Reddit I've been checking out the HGTV subreddit and the threads on various shows.

It surprises me how literally some people over there take these shows - and that they don't seem to realize how much of it is faked/staged or at least exaggerated for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 251August 13, 2020 3:09 PM

"I am so sick of HGTV and the hours and hours of Love It or List It and those Property twins."

Turn to Food Network and you'll see me every hour of every day. That will be a good break for you.

by Anonymousreply 252August 13, 2020 3:35 PM

LOL r252 - so true. They've been running 3D on a loop - to be honest, I never watched it before, but we now have it on for background noise. From time to time, we'll make a note of going some place when they world comes back again.

However I'm sick of seeing these disgusting fatty burgers and other dishes. To me, adding a cream sauce, butter and cheese to something fried - that's not cooking.

He seems to have changed a bit over the years - but I can't tell one season from the other. He looks exactly the same in all 13 seasons and so do the people (fashion, restaurant interiors). It's disconcerting.

by Anonymousreply 253August 13, 2020 3:50 PM

I don't watch Guy's show too much as the food all seems very similar. Lots of "diner" type food which all seems similar but he did have one place featured that I want to go to. A fine dining place located in a gas station. The owner/chef is a black guy who does Southern style food. It's outside Dallas which would be an overnight stay for me and I don't really like Dallas but it seems very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 254August 13, 2020 4:06 PM

Omg! Yard Crashers!

Haven’t seen that in ages!

by Anonymousreply 255August 15, 2020 3:02 AM

Martha is such a shade queen.

Also, her skin looks great but she must be doing the Dietrich/Lucy straps-pulling-the-face back bit.

Ryan the gardener really, really needs to sit on my face.

by Anonymousreply 256August 15, 2020 3:20 AM

Martha looks good,but she walks like my 96 year old grandmother !

by Anonymousreply 257August 15, 2020 4:24 PM

R257 she's like 80 years old, leave Martha alone!

by Anonymousreply 258August 15, 2020 4:51 PM

Ok, before I start watching, please prep me on the new Martha Stewart show. Is it the show where she mentors up and coming cooking geniuses? I watched one episode of THAT and couldn't handle it. What ever allure Ms Stewart had ten, twenty years ago, it's all used and gone. Her presence and interaction with others on screen was so painfully awkward. Is this a different show? What is this one about?

by Anonymousreply 259August 15, 2020 5:03 PM

R259 no it's nothing like that at all. It's fun, lighthearted entertainment. She even pokes fun at herself and her brief prison stint.

by Anonymousreply 260August 15, 2020 5:24 PM

R259 it's just her and a couple of her staff (Ryan the gardener being one of them), cooped up at her beautiful estate/farm in Bedford NY. It's been filming since COVID so they are all quarantined together.

It actually makes her very likeable.

by Anonymousreply 261August 15, 2020 5:27 PM

I wonder who would’ve dared to steal her peacock! How very dare they!

They’re beautiful animals.

by Anonymousreply 262August 15, 2020 5:43 PM

So Love It... and Good Bones continues the patterns of always.

Mina didn’t sell the house to the hippy artist, even though they designed and decorated with an artist in mind!

And David lost, again, to Hillary. I honesty don’t know how he handles it. It’s embarrassing, frankly.

Other than the real-estate porn he shows us (huge houses, back yards, pools, some dream kitchens) He’s just spinning his wheels.

If we wanted to see some Canadian/foreigner reimagine an already big house, they should just bring back Candace Olsen. Now her, I loved.

by Anonymousreply 263August 15, 2020 5:56 PM

Oh, good, I'm not the only one watching Martha Knows Best. Were I the producer I'd get rid of the Surprise! Martha's Going to Give You Poors Gardening Advice! segments; the celebrity segments are a mixed bag -- Jay Leno was tedious, but Snoop was funny. Surely, they can do a whole 20 minutes with just Martha and Ryan working around that amazing farm.

I wonder how many people are staying there other than M & R. During a segment filmed in the stables, I did see a woman waaaay in the background grooming one of Martha's Friesians (not a euphemism...).

by Anonymousreply 264August 15, 2020 6:12 PM

Martha's new show is fantastic. I get the biggest kick out of her, her helpers, her animal menagerie,etc... There's not a thing I'd change.

by Anonymousreply 265August 15, 2020 6:16 PM

My goodness, but that Mcgilvery dude is adorable!

He, and his people do fantastic work.

Those locations are amazing.

I thought he might be working out of Vancouver but maybe he’s in Ontario. The end credits mention some Ontario company.

by Anonymousreply 266August 16, 2020 7:48 PM

Here you go, R266!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 16, 2020 7:59 PM

I had seen one of those remote from home HGTV shows and David Bromstad has now added a face tattoo to compliment his neck tattoos. Once you actually graduate to adding tattoos on your face, it's basically game over.

by Anonymousreply 268August 16, 2020 8:10 PM

I did a Google search for the first few episodes of the new vacation rules thing - while the properties didn't show addresses/cities I could see the names of a few stores, and they all came up in Ontario.

Really pretty country, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 269August 16, 2020 8:12 PM

David has a face tattoo ??? Thats tragic.

by Anonymousreply 270August 16, 2020 8:16 PM

What a fucking waste. He was such a hottie before he ruined himself with those hideous tattoos and lost weight. He looks sickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271August 16, 2020 8:21 PM

David B seems nice but he's a mess that looks messier every time I see him

by Anonymousreply 272August 16, 2020 8:22 PM

Didnt I read that he broke up with his lover of 14 years because he was partying too hard and the lover wasnt having it ? Iirc , the lover said HGTV was the worst thing that happened to David,that he totally changed.

by Anonymousreply 273August 16, 2020 8:48 PM

No, the worst thing that ever happened to David is those hideous tattoos

by Anonymousreply 274August 16, 2020 8:49 PM

R197 I think the Napiers really just hit all the right notes with Home Town, especially the diversity of their clients. Representation matters & they have all kinds of folks, including the gays (which Fixer Upper never had). Erin is a great designer, Ben has a great design eye & is a great woodworker. Ben is also very easy on the eyes if you're into bears (I am).

by Anonymousreply 275August 16, 2020 9:44 PM

Oh hells bells, has anyone watched this "Renovation Island" show? Canadian people with apparently endless resources buy a property in Bahamas with 18 hotel rooms, 22 "villas," a big "clubhouse" and other buildings. Every single thing is rusted, broken down, termite riddled, leaking, and underestimated. They arrive giving themselves six months to be ready to open for guests. It reminds me of the Herman Wouk novel, "Don't Stop the Carnival"!

by Anonymousreply 276August 17, 2020 3:45 AM

R275

Not to mention Ben & Erin are not cloying and you can easily see sitting down & having a beer with them. I'd rather get a colonoscopy than spend any time with the Fixer Upper couple.

by Anonymousreply 277August 17, 2020 12:32 PM

Love Renovation Island. And the Canadian couple are so passive-aggressive with each other. Reminds me of a Bahamian version of The Money Pit.

by Anonymousreply 278August 18, 2020 1:13 AM

That Renovation guy is Daddy supreme!

by Anonymousreply 279August 18, 2020 1:15 AM

In Canada, it was called "The Island of Bryan".

by Anonymousreply 280August 18, 2020 1:21 AM

Bryan Baumler looks like he could thrown a mean fuck.

by Anonymousreply 281August 18, 2020 2:42 AM

Bryan baumler is a fucking asshole . It oozes off the screen.

by Anonymousreply 282August 18, 2020 3:56 AM

But Adam Weir, his assistant, seems nice. And very cute. He had no background at all in construction and started by helping Brian one summer.

There are at least two prior shows with Brian Baeumler. The first house he built for his family. His 'off the grid' house. And now the resort or whatever it is in the Bahamas. He's hot, for sure, but as R282 says - and I've watched all his shows over the years - as nice as he can come across, there's something about him that reeks of ego.

by Anonymousreply 283August 18, 2020 12:56 PM

I'm hooked on Renovation Island too. But I can't stop thinking about how these people are going to go through all this and then open just in time for corona virus to hit. I wonder how they are doing now. I do have to fast forward through the passive aggressive bickering and Brian Baumler seems like a real asshole.

by Anonymousreply 284August 18, 2020 1:20 PM

I'm sure the overhead for the Baeumlers is not that substantial. HGTV Canada must be footing most of the bill, along with the RBC, for which he and his wife are paid shills, appearing in mortgage commercials, etc. I wouldn't feel too bad for them: that resort is on a very exclusive island, the cheapest rooms are around $700/night (going up to $2,000/night), and with very expensive fishing permits that the island is known for. Plus, they have their fingers in many pies here (Canada). They are probably the closest we have to the Waco couple in terms of turning an HGTV show into a lucrative empire.

by Anonymousreply 285August 18, 2020 1:29 PM

Brian's snatch is whiny and boring.

by Anonymousreply 286August 18, 2020 2:31 PM

I’d love to see Adam with just his toolbelt around his waist.

by Anonymousreply 287August 19, 2020 4:38 PM

Were there only six (or was it eight?) episodes of Martha Knows Best? More, please!

by Anonymousreply 288August 19, 2020 6:11 PM

I wanna say 6?

But we do need more!!

by Anonymousreply 289August 19, 2020 9:59 PM

Martha's show is already over??

by Anonymousreply 290August 20, 2020 11:29 AM

Tarek's father is Egyptian and his mother French. They are divorced now, I think.

by Anonymousreply 291August 20, 2020 11:44 AM

It does look like Martha's show may have only been 8 episodes and they played 2 a week. We need to find Ryan's OnlyFans!

I was surprised to see a trailer for Windy City Cunt play last night......and her contractor, the one she threw under the bus, is in it, so it looks like she throws him under the bus ON CAMERA. She is SUCH a CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 292August 20, 2020 2:24 PM

If Martha's busy canning or whatnot, can just Ryan do the show?

by Anonymousreply 293August 20, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote] can just Ryan do the show?

In a jockstrap, please?

by Anonymousreply 294August 20, 2020 5:49 PM

Ben and Erin Napier seem almost too good to be true. But their mutual affection appears honest and not at all forced. And being able to talk on camera and be genuine about it is a tough thing to pull off successfully. But they do it well. Ben's craft projects are often jaw-dropping and I envy anyone who can claim one of his creations as their own. Given that it's a reality show, I often wonder how often tempers flare because rehabbing old homes can be a dirty and strenuous business. And there's tension in any relationship. But the Napiers have been doing their "Let's dress up Laurel" act for four years and I hope it continues for four more. Although I wonder about the shrinking inventory of Laurel houses in need of a makeover. Maybe that's why they are pairing up with HGTV to do the same for a small town in Alabama.

As for David Bromstad, the tattoos have become a distraction. I read recently that people who tattoo extensively are often victims of sexual abuse and use the tattoos as a way to reclaim their bodies as their own. That's an intriguing theory. In any event, Lottery Dream Home is almost unwatchable. Most of the winners claim windfalls of a million or less, so often have only modest requirements in a "dream home." Homes in the mid-300s aren't all that interesting. And David must have a tough time trying to be enthusiastic about cookie-cutter, cul-de-sac monstrosities that are more pedestrian than posh.

by Anonymousreply 295August 20, 2020 6:49 PM

I agree Ben and Erin seem to be authentic. They do have some talents related to home renovation although neither of them had experience in the field. And their restore Laurel project is helped by investors - their friends as shown in the show are all part of a Laurel chamber of commerce thingy. But I think they have done it right.

by Anonymousreply 296August 20, 2020 7:34 PM

Did anyone see Build Me Up last night? Orlando had a $40K budget. I do not know how he made that stretch for all that he did? Master bedroom, master bath, 2 kids' rooms and turning a garage into a rec room.

Plus, he had to lower a part of the bathroom's floor. The make over was really exceptional.

by Anonymousreply 297August 20, 2020 9:34 PM

Nobody's watching your boring show, Orlando at r297.

And close your goddamned mouth in all the promo shots. You look like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 298August 20, 2020 10:53 PM

[quote] You look like a horse.

A flamingly nellie horse

by Anonymousreply 299August 20, 2020 11:29 PM

HH in Milwaukee tonight.

"I hope house hunting doesn't break us up"

No, honey. You'll break up when you find your big MARY! of a BF with a cock in his mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300August 21, 2020 3:30 AM

Did anyone see the new show last night called Back Yard Take Over?

I LOVED it! It had one of my favorite HGTV hosts Jamie Durie. He is so hot and totally knows his shit. I'm glad he has a new show because he's been MIA for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 301August 23, 2020 5:44 PM

Scott McWhatshiscanuck............who's had him?

by Anonymousreply 302August 23, 2020 6:12 PM

He's so pretty it makes me want to cry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 23, 2020 6:16 PM

He is a cutie for sure.

by Anonymousreply 304August 23, 2020 6:43 PM

Reddit gossip says there may be trouble for Cuntina and her new husband already

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305August 24, 2020 11:52 PM

Ha! Just karma at work if true, R305.

I’m completely disappointed after reading the thread that says Hilary is a bitch.

So apparently, the entire fucking thing is a sham! The people are only looking to renovate. They don’t intend to ever move!

No wonder David always loses. I might be over the show now. 🥴🥴

by Anonymousreply 306August 30, 2020 5:39 PM

Love it, lube it & shove it in!

by Anonymousreply 307August 30, 2020 5:56 PM

For you, David, I would gladly let you shove it in.

by Anonymousreply 308August 30, 2020 7:41 PM

What do we know about Jamie Durie? I find him incredibly attractive.

by Anonymousreply 309August 30, 2020 7:54 PM

^ He is half-Ceylonese ex-'Manpower'-stripper with no apparent knowledge of horticulture.

by Anonymousreply 310August 31, 2020 1:24 AM

Okay, I’ve watched a couple of the Home Town show now. The couple is fine, as in not aggravating, but the houses! They were literal shacks for $25,000-$40,000 that no one had lived in for decades. Complete gut jobs. By the time the massive reno was finished, they’d shelled out another $60,000-$80,000. Sure they did a good job but these were still tiny bungalows. There’s no way they’d sell for $100,000 in Podunkville.

by Anonymousreply 311August 31, 2020 7:42 PM

R311

You need to watch more episodes. They have done bigger houses with big budgets as well.

by Anonymousreply 312August 31, 2020 8:52 PM

I’ve spent the evening watching a bunch of episodes of Restoring Galveston on DIY, and the more I watched, the more I decided the husband is a hot little piece of work. He’s got a nice lithe body, a tight little waist, and a cute ass. The dark chest hair adds to the sexiness. I’ll definitely be going through all the episodes. Galveston is sort of fascinating in its flat treeless dumpiness.

by Anonymousreply 313September 1, 2020 8:19 AM

Yes, Michael is definitely sexy. He's kinda quiet but the hotness sneaks up on you. And furry too!

by Anonymousreply 314September 1, 2020 1:55 PM

I bet he's hung huge. A little Spanish or Portugese mixed in there

by Anonymousreply 315September 2, 2020 10:39 PM

He pings to me. He always looks like he's repressing some strong desire; either to run out to the beach and hop on some dick or to take a chainsaw to that hideous shrew he's married to

by Anonymousreply 316September 2, 2020 10:45 PM

R316 that wife if his is always yelling, she’s a ball-buster. I almost have to mute the tv whenever she’s on, she belongs on a softball field somewhere. Poor Michael, hopefully he’s sucking dicks under the boardwalk at night.

by Anonymousreply 317September 3, 2020 5:54 AM

He probably finds some blond twink to fuck, that swarthy stud!

by Anonymousreply 318September 3, 2020 3:25 PM

I tried to find a photo of him without Screechy McScreecherfrau, but no luck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319September 3, 2020 3:28 PM

Micheal is hot in that sneaky sexy sort of way. At first glance your like "meh" but then you start to notice more as you watch him. I like his wife,shes a kooky gal and they compliment each other well. You can tell from their energy they fuck a LOT.

by Anonymousreply 320September 3, 2020 3:41 PM

He definitely has BDE. Nothing fazes him.

by Anonymousreply 321September 3, 2020 3:45 PM

I get so excited when HOME TOWN shows Ben's cute little college roommate. Jason? Justin? Anyway, he's a cute little thing.

And then there is Erin's super gay interior design co-worker.

It really does make Laurel seem like a cool place to live. I was there once, in the 90s, and definitely didn't see the appeal back then!

They should get Laurel native Parker Posey in for a special episode! As if...I bet PP never sets foot in Laurel any longer.

by Anonymousreply 322September 3, 2020 4:34 PM

One of the Vacation House Rules cottages just got sold. This is the one where two lesbians were shown as the owners/family representatives. They had the big ass canoes on the side.

(ps that's 1.1M Canadian which is around 845K US)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323September 6, 2020 3:31 AM

I can't bear 'big ass canoes'.

I prefer slim kayaks on MY buttocks!

by Anonymousreply 324September 6, 2020 3:34 AM

R323

No heat source in the winter??? WTF?

How is that manageable in of all places CANADA?

by Anonymousreply 325September 6, 2020 10:51 AM

I remember that episode. They bought the original cabin three years ago and it was a DUMP, for $650,000 CAN. The reno was cute enough but the bedrooms are still tiny, barely big enough for a bed, and only one bathroom for 3+ bedrooms. It’s okay for short stays but $1,105,000 ??

by Anonymousreply 326September 7, 2020 1:54 AM

Ugh, I can’t bring myself to watch LIOLIt any more.

I know, on some level, that all these makeover shows are bullshit, but I really did believe that people were genuinely looking to change houses. Now that I read on the Hilary thread that all they ever want is a renovation, I can’t bring myself to care. Not that I really did that much to being with.

I actually felt bad for Visentin. Oh well. 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 327September 8, 2020 12:34 AM

I'm sure there are some people who do change houses, R327, but the endings do appear to be manufactured. And as stated in the Hilary thread, they're more "presenters" than anything (she is definitely not picking up a hammer).

Here's the app from the production company that makes LIOLIt - interesting to see

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328September 8, 2020 12:45 AM

PS: It occurred to me to look for that info for LIOLI after I saw this the other day - this company does many of the HGTV shows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329September 8, 2020 12:46 AM

Some of the casting projects/requirements for upcoming High Noon shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330September 8, 2020 12:47 AM

I think I missed the Good Bones episode where Mina announces she’s pregnant.

Last I saw, the procedures she had gone through didn’t work and that was it. They were all sad.

🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 331September 9, 2020 1:52 AM

Yes, she did a second try somehow with a slightly different version of IVF and it worked.

She told Tad last week and he cried....it was really cute.

They just had the season finale but are not revealing the gender (beyond family) until she has the baby.

Tonight's homebuyers....the husband was a hot, tall, muscly drink of water. Derpy looking but a rockin' body.

by Anonymousreply 332September 9, 2020 2:26 AM

Cory really needs to sit on my face.

by Anonymousreply 333September 9, 2020 2:27 AM

Speaking of pregnant ladies and hot men

Episode 2 of the Galveston show was on last night.

She's as big as a house. He was adorable as always.

by Anonymousreply 334September 9, 2020 2:28 AM

She’s due in September!

Mina, that is.

by Anonymousreply 335September 9, 2020 3:57 AM

Are all the Love It or List It shows filmed in the Raleigh-Durham area of NC? You sure get a lot of house for the money. They just featured a new 5000 sq ft house on an acre lot that was less than $650k.

by Anonymousreply 336September 9, 2020 5:01 AM

R336 Yes - the first several years were all done in Canada, but since moving operations to the States, they are all in that area.

by Anonymousreply 337September 9, 2020 1:38 PM

Just watched a House Hunters in LA and the wife was one of the epic cunts of all time.

Bitchy, demanding, interrupted anyone who dared speak.

I wanted Stevie Nicks to kick her in the vagina bone many times over.

by Anonymousreply 338September 10, 2020 2:14 AM

I watched a marathon of Hidden Potential last night out of sheer boredom. Meh. She only does, for the most part, childcentric suburban families and her use of cutesy frau signs like "Love" and "Come Sit" stenciled in the dining table was awful. Despite making the house look nice you know the fucking kids will have toys scattered all over like before and the yard will die. A lot of straight people with kids seem to allow the kids and their shit to take over every space in the house.

I also got involved in a show on DIY called Restoring Galveston or Big Texas Fix. It's about saving Galveston's historic mansions and bungalows. They do fantastic work restoring the original craftsmanship of those houses. What's funny is because of the difference of costs in CA and TX, Hidden Potential can only do a front exterior, main living and kitchen for 100K while the couple in Galveston can restore an entire Victorian for the same. Of course the restorers recycle and reuse elements from the house whereas Hidden Potential just demolishes perfectly good cabinets that she could simply reface.

by Anonymousreply 339September 10, 2020 5:15 PM

R339 We were talking about that show upthread. I think they just changed the name to Restoring Galveston.

They do very nice work, though like Good Bones, some of the houses are so similar that they are at risk of the results looking a bit samey samey. And he's a hot little fucker.

by Anonymousreply 340September 10, 2020 8:45 PM

I found out today that Erin was horribly bullied as a child. She had a interest in history and reading and didn't fit in. She said she was invited to a sleepover as a girl and the other girls shunned her and another time, playing hide and seek, they deliberately left her when she was "it" and went to another kid's house. As a result, she's very involved in anti-bullying and the Laurel CoC also went to Waco to research the impact a show would have on their town, resulting in them not handing out maps or disclosing the whereabouts of the houses they do. Apparently in Waco tourists have gotten scary, trespassing and hovering around the houses, wanting tours and harassing the owners.

by Anonymousreply 341September 11, 2020 12:42 AM

Jesus fucking Christ. I watched an episode of Backyard Takeover and it was AWFUL. Jamie Durie is creepy and his designs are atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 342September 11, 2020 12:50 AM

R342 I know others said they liked it but I could only get through about 7 or 8 minutes and felt the same.

by Anonymousreply 343September 11, 2020 4:23 AM

I was shocked at how tacky Jamie's designs were on Backyard Takeover.

If you want to watch a good garden design show with hunky guys, watch Backyard Envy on Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 344September 11, 2020 4:31 AM

Christina on the Coast is the stupidest, most pointless show ever.

by Anonymousreply 345September 11, 2020 4:55 AM

Christina is the stupidest, most pointless Barbie Doll ever.

by Anonymousreply 346September 11, 2020 8:47 AM

I watch this channel only for "House Hunters International." Oh, okay---also for"Hawaii Life," "Caribbean Life," and "My Lottery Dream Home."

by Anonymousreply 347September 11, 2020 8:51 AM

[quote]Christina is the stupidest, most pointless Barbie Doll ever.

In one of the episodes last night Christina was shown on video chat. She didn't have any makeup and her hair was wet and straight - I guess she had just gotten out of the shower, or maybe the pool. She almost looked human. Much better than with that troweled on makeup and overprocessed hair. Still that awful voice though.

by Anonymousreply 348September 11, 2020 10:58 AM

Jamie Durie's show stressed me out. Using a machete to cut down trees rather than a (faster) chainsaw? Forcing the family to camp in tents in the back yard during the makeover? It was so frenetic, they should have spent the hour long episodes on one makeover, not two.

And the families all look like mentally challenged Trumpers.

Can't wait to hate-watch the next shitfest episode!

by Anonymousreply 349September 11, 2020 11:42 AM

All of my current love for HGTV derives from their OnDemand choices. So many good shows that rarely, if ever, get broadcast on the network. I've mentioned 100 Day Dream Home on other threads, and will continue to sing it's praises. Brian and Mika are my favorite HGTV couple, by far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350September 11, 2020 12:10 PM

I like Jamie Durie. I think he's hot AF and I've enjoyed his makeovers especially the one he turned into an English garden. I was beyond shocked that one family had gators wandering their yard. I've read about gators being in Florida but there is no fucking way I could live there.

I just watched this week's Good Bones. Why didn't they show us the color of the gender reveal? Anyone know what Mina's having?

I was drooling over the appliance package they used for that house. It was gorgeous and very upscale for Good Bones. I would love the stove, refrigerator, dish washer, etc... I need to know who made them.

by Anonymousreply 351September 11, 2020 12:12 PM

[quote] In one of the episodes last night Christina was shown on video chat. She didn't have any makeup and her hair was wet and straight - I guess she had just gotten out of the shower, or maybe the pool. She almost looked human. Much better than with that troweled on makeup and overprocessed hair. Still that awful voice though.

I've said the same - she looks lovely without makeup, whorish with it on.

[quote] I just watched this week's Good Bones. Why didn't they show us the color of the gender reveal? Anyone know what Mina's having?

Her husband asked her to keep that between them. He didn't mind having their life on camera, but he wanted one piece for them. So other than the family gathered there, no public folks will know until after the baby is born.

by Anonymousreply 352September 11, 2020 1:05 PM

Christina's "friendship" with Cassie seems so fake and unbelievable.

Cassie seems like was hired to play the sidekick to Xtina - her friend who isn't TOO TOO pretty lest she outshine Cuntina.

by Anonymousreply 353September 11, 2020 2:08 PM

If LIOLit continues, they really need to shoot in an area that has some housing diversity. The NC market is seemingly 70%+ modern-built gray houses, with a handful of boring 90s-era brick houses thrown in. The gray houses are so similar they're hard to tell apart.

by Anonymousreply 354September 11, 2020 2:45 PM

I really liked Nashville Flipped a few years back. So sad to hear that Troy Shafer passed away. He was a good-hearted person and not to mention very cute.

by Anonymousreply 355September 11, 2020 4:15 PM

House Hunters last night with a recent college grad in Columbus. She was giving off weird lady jock/lesbian/cat lady vibes.

Sure enough, at the end they show her with her friends....all the university dykes and not a penis in sight.

by Anonymousreply 356September 11, 2020 4:59 PM

I've been binging on MEXICO LIFE and loving it. Same format as Hawaii Life, but those prices! I've also noticed that many couples seem to compromise on what they say they want. "I want three bedrooms, a view, a backyard, and a pool...". They get two bedrooms, no view, and no pool. ML also features some gay couples. Two of the queeniest, plucked, gays from Sacramento were buying a condo in Puerta Vallarta. I almost couldn't look at their faces. Reminded me of Evita's face when she was embalmed.

by Anonymousreply 357September 11, 2020 11:08 PM

R357 I know EXACTLY the couple you're talking about. Didn't one of them have an art gallery or something???

by Anonymousreply 358September 12, 2020 12:14 AM

she's running out of skin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359September 12, 2020 12:18 AM

Ugh, I want to go live in a tropical paradise. Don’t know which side though. The hot desert climate of Cabo and Puerto Vallarta or the humid, slightly scary-because-of-hurricanes east coast Cancun or Tulum.

If the racist piece of shit wins, I told my mom we’re leaving and going to Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 360September 12, 2020 12:51 AM

R358, One of them had developed a line of skincare products. They had planned to start a new business in Puerto Vallarta. Good luck with that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361September 12, 2020 1:06 AM

So the New Orleans lady seems fun.

Hate how she pronounces Ramos.

Rrrrrramos. It bugs me.

Those houses are amazing!! Holy cow. They’re all mansions.

I wonder where Anne Rice lives 😬😬

by Anonymousreply 362September 12, 2020 1:41 AM

Tbe NO woman was performing way too much for those two gay guys. Trying way too hard to be a fabulous fag hag.

by Anonymousreply 363September 12, 2020 1:44 AM

If you watch House Hunters and Mexico Life, you'd think that every older gay couple in America is moving to Puerto Vallarta. It's an endless stream of them.

What is the appeal of PV? It looks dirty and cramped from what I've seen on the show, and the beaches are ugly.

by Anonymousreply 364September 12, 2020 1:55 AM

And the main river in Puerto Vallarta dumps raw sewage into the bay, near beaches.

by Anonymousreply 365September 12, 2020 2:21 AM

Puerto Vallarta has some gall to name the old dirty section as 'The Romantic Zone'.

by Anonymousreply 366September 12, 2020 2:43 AM

No one else saw the new Selling the Big Easy with the blowsy blonde?

by Anonymousreply 367September 13, 2020 2:45 PM

We did, R367.

And we remained underwhelmed

by Anonymousreply 368September 13, 2020 3:11 PM

As was I R368. I just thought there would be more discussion about what we hated about her and the show.

by Anonymousreply 369September 13, 2020 3:15 PM

[quote] Yes - the first several years were all done in Canada, but since moving operations to the States, they are all in that area.

Started in the Toronto area, and in 2013 a Love it Or List It - Vancouver premiered with a new cast. Not sure if it’s still in production though. Because of the insane real estate prices in that region there was such a dichotomy between the homeowners’ renovation budget and new home budget. E.g “Our renovation budget is $80,000 and we’re looking at new homes in the range of $2.0M - $2.5M”. And in nearly every case to meet that latter budget they had to move up to an hour’s drive away from their current home.

by Anonymousreply 370September 13, 2020 3:22 PM

I didn't hate the Big Easy show and I don't hate her - I mean, I loathe Alison Victoria, Brittany seems OK but she's just being EXTRA.

I was a bit annoyed with the episode w/the gays. She was trying to be very "FABULOUS!" and it was a bit strained. She was really, really trying too hard.

The more important question is: which one of those boys is the top? Or do we have a double headed dildo situation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371September 13, 2020 3:27 PM

Started watching something called Vintage Flip. A CA couple who restores old homes. Not crazy about a lot of her decorating choices but it does show interesting areas of CA that aren't shown too often. She's is botoxed too hell and back but at some point she got pregnant, had to stop doing it and then her faced started moving and she showed more lines. We laughed about that.

by Anonymousreply 372September 13, 2020 3:29 PM

Re: Mexico Life, yes Puerto Vallarta is a hot destination for the gays, and it's getting hotter. Went there for Pride last year & it's a desirable destination. Lots of American gays, local gays promoting real estate & living options. The prices are so nice. I watched the ep with the gay couple (skin care queen & his partner) & found each place really charming. I'm surprised with their final choice but the low price must have been appealing with the option to build to suit. Tight space though & those hillsides are steep.

by Anonymousreply 373September 13, 2020 4:28 PM

R372 I thought the guy in that show was sorta cute.

They were introduced on a Flip or Flop episode and did two seasons of their own show - she had that baby 3 or 4 years ago and they haven't done any more since.

by Anonymousreply 374September 13, 2020 4:30 PM

Do older American gays like Puerto Vallarta because it's easier to get younger Mexican guys? I had a middle-aged friend who lived in PV for awhile and he had several 20-something Mexican boyfriends. I feel like that's a main reason why older gays buy homes there.

by Anonymousreply 375September 13, 2020 4:37 PM

[quote]No one else saw the new Selling the Big Easy with the blowsy blonde?

Her brother is a cutie and obviously gay. I hope they feature him more.

by Anonymousreply 376September 13, 2020 4:38 PM

[quote]I was a bit annoyed with the episode w/the gays. She was trying to be very "FABULOUS!" and it was a bit strained. She was really, really trying too hard.

That's what I said. She was far more toned down with the het couple with kids. My bearish bf cracked up with the guys in their rolled up jeans and velvet loafers. I mean, gut busting laughter.

The houses are fabulous though. I loved the one the straight couple looked at in Treme. Of course, the frau felt the kitchen was too closed off and away from the kiddies. These people must raise absolute hellions that they can't be unseen for 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 377September 13, 2020 4:40 PM

I'm guessing double headed dildo

by Anonymousreply 378September 13, 2020 5:13 PM

Did anyone watch the new show called Renovation, Inc?

Holy Hell! The married couple (early to mid 30s) bought a house. There was a bidding war for it and it sold for $200,000 over asking. (WTF??)

The couple hire the host & wife to renovate the house with a $50,000 budget. By the end of the hour they have ballooned their budget to $120,000 by adding more stuff.

I wish to God I knew what this married couple does for a living.

by Anonymousreply 379September 13, 2020 5:14 PM

R379 That's Bryan Baumler the Canadian HGTV superstar, they are showing Reno Inc now which is from like 2016 to fill in gaps re the virus.

They just did the show where he and his wife renovate a whole resort.

by Anonymousreply 380September 13, 2020 5:16 PM

I watched a lot of the resort one. Some of the issues they had were crazy, especially with delivery delays. It sounded like a nightmare but they didn’t freak out. They seemed to have good workers including several they brought in from Canada—is that even allowed?

by Anonymousreply 381September 13, 2020 5:31 PM

Watched the new Jasmine Roth last night.

The husband looked like an idiot.

I like Jasmine but gurl needs to get her roots done.

by Anonymousreply 382September 13, 2020 5:52 PM

I saw part of some renovation show Saturday afternoon with this dumb blonde. She was so clueless!

Omg. She was there talking nonsense while the men actually did all the work.

She bought some sideboard piece in a antique shop and she actually said “I forgot to haggle for the price”. Jesus, she was bad.

by Anonymousreply 383September 13, 2020 5:52 PM

Murder over a couple dealing with a real-life "love it or list it" situation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384September 13, 2020 5:54 PM

R382

You aren't supposed to color your hair while pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 385September 13, 2020 8:27 PM

R385 Yes, I forgot that, but overall she always needs a root touch up

by Anonymousreply 386September 13, 2020 8:28 PM

[quote]Holy Hell! The married couple (early to mid 30s) bought a house. There was a bidding war for it and it sold for $200,000 over asking. (WTF??)

Welcome to Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 387September 14, 2020 3:30 PM

The couple doing the Vintage Flip show in CA did a few missteps IMO in a few houses. An old Craftsman had 2 beds/1 bath and a large bonus room. Instead of creating another bathroom they did it into a study area After it was done it was just this huge empty looking space that was way too big for just a study. They could have taken half that space for another bathroom instead of leaving the house with one dinky little bathroom for everyone. Didn't care for some of her color choices for tiles.

A lot of these people tend to use the same color palettes. Those Waco weirdos and some other woman use white on white on white. Some stick too much on beiges and earth tones. I honestly think Erin and Ben do the best because she isn't afraid of color and seems to go out of her way to ask people what colors they like or dislike.

by Anonymousreply 388September 14, 2020 3:58 PM

I had seen the Galveston show before and I liked the couple.

It’s no wonder they decided to keep the house with the massive island, I would have done the same! It was beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 389September 15, 2020 7:18 PM

[quote] Those Waco weirdos and some other woman use white on white on white

The "other woman" would be Pittsburgh's own Leanne Ford, along with her weird-but-sometimes-sorta-hot brother Steve.

They paint everything white or black.

Everything.

by Anonymousreply 390September 15, 2020 7:21 PM

I am watching Windy City Rehab tonight because it appears that nasty bitch gets her ass handed to her this season. Lawsuits, having her business shut down, her partner turning on her.

I'll have popcorn at the ready.

by Anonymousreply 391September 15, 2020 8:18 PM

I usually hate watch Windy City Rehab, but it was somewhat dramatic and compelling last night.

I think neither one is good at what they do, and for damn sure not good at the numbers. And clearly sloppy work's been done on various homes.

In other news....

I lust deeply after Artie on her team. Tall, Polish/Hungarian daddy.....he's so fucking sexy.

by Anonymousreply 392September 16, 2020 7:40 PM

^^^

I was dumbfounded that someone in that type of business had no idea about the money coming is & going out. I was also shocked that she didn't confront her partner once she found out he was skimming money from their accounts.

by Anonymousreply 393September 16, 2020 10:17 PM

There’s someone wrong with that arrangement for sure.

Mina had her baby!!!

A girl named Charlotte. Damn Mina has tons of freckles, wow 😳

by Anonymousreply 394September 16, 2020 11:22 PM

[quote] She bought some sideboard piece in a antique shop and she actually said “I forgot to haggle for the price”. Jesus, she was bad.

The “coffee bar”? Yeah that piece was ugly. I don’t get why she was raving over it.

[quote] A lot of these people tend to use the same color palettes. Those Waco weirdos and some other woman use white on white on white.

The two chicks Indiana team paint EVERYTHING that same lavender gray. It’s awful. They seem like nice ladies but their interiors are just so blah.

by Anonymousreply 395September 16, 2020 11:35 PM

Mina's husband is kinda hot. I always forget because we almost never see him

by Anonymousreply 396September 16, 2020 11:49 PM

I can't get over how much house and land you get for the money in North Carolina, as seen on Love It or List It. Raleigh/Durham is an important business center, so I don't understand how homes are so inexpensive there? No wonder so many people from NJ are moving there.

by Anonymousreply 397September 16, 2020 11:59 PM

It's ridiculous how we almost never see the real workers like Mina's husband and yet we see too much of the aunt's frou-frou 'handy-crafts'.

We never see the messy details of council plans and approvals

by Anonymousreply 398September 17, 2020 12:03 AM

The aunt or her mom?

Mina’s husband doesn’t work with them. Does he? I don’t think so 🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 399September 17, 2020 12:21 AM

I think R398 means Karen, Mina's mother.

And she may be confusing Tad or Cory with Mina's husband.

by Anonymousreply 400September 17, 2020 3:29 AM

Looks like we were Murieled, here's the new thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 17, 2020 5:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!