Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scott McGillivray Is Coming Back to HGTV With New Series 'Vacation House Rules'

...and the boy looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 30, 2020 11:51 PM

looks like a totally different person and yes looks damn good! now gain some muscle and he would be MAJOR SIGH material!....

by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2020 7:39 PM

He needs to soften the hair/beard dye. Way too dark for his complexion.

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2020 7:42 PM

We watched on Canada hgtv when it premiered. He’s dreamy. And the show is fun as well. He does remove his shirt in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2020 7:42 PM

I agree with R2, hair dye looks like Grecian Formula. Otherwise married daddy life must agree with him.

by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2020 7:48 PM

I've always lusted after him. He's be gone a long time! He pings but I have a feeling he's straight.

I won't google it because I don't want to know. Let me keep my fantasy alive of him marrying me on a beach in Hawaii, with us in kahki pants rolled up to the knees, collarless white caftan dress shirts and white gardenia lays around our necks!!!

And then a week of constant room service and endless ass fuckin'!!!

Maybe throw in a couple of Island Boys, too!

by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2020 8:11 PM

I watched Income Property just for him. Did I learn anything? Not really, other than he is fiiine and always pleasant to work with, for both the homeowners and his crew. And the show was SO formulaic (like nearly all home improvement shows I've seen) I started counting how many shirts he wore in each episode (if I remember correctly, 10 was the most). And he almost never takes them off (you're lucky if he wears a tank top). Will I watch this new show? Sure! (Not loving the beard, but I'm not mad about it -- unlike the quart of dye in it.)

And, sorry, R5, but he's straight. But he's had gay male and female couples as the homeowners on his show and he seems quite gay-friendly.

by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2020 8:26 PM

He is beardless in the new show. He grew it over quarantine.

by Anonymousreply 7July 4, 2020 9:05 PM

He's Canadian so we all know what that means.

by Anonymousreply 8July 4, 2020 9:29 PM

What, r8? That he's well-mannered?

by Anonymousreply 9July 4, 2020 9:38 PM

Friendly means he says thank you after you give him head and sorry if he shoots it in your eye.

I am glad he is back with a new show. I love Scotty McHotty

by Anonymousreply 10July 4, 2020 9:44 PM

Looks great, but the beard has to go.

by Anonymousreply 11July 4, 2020 10:02 PM

No beard on the new show, and he looks hot as shit. So sad he’s straight, his wife is so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 12July 12, 2020 7:16 AM

Never trust a guy with a beard.

by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2020 7:27 AM

I LOVE his voice, and his laugh. So incredibly sexy, along with the rest of him. I could listen to him read a phone book, when those used to be a thing. (God, remember phone books?)

Has anyone watched Scott's show Moving the McGillivrays? It aired in 2016 and followed the construction of his family's dream home. They do show clips of Scott's earlier Income Property episodes, and it's funny to see him with the frosted tips. Google Moving the McGillivrays house for pictures. Here's the exterior:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 12, 2020 7:59 AM

Of the personalty/host-driven HGTV series, his was certainly among the best. He kept his show about about information rather than entertainment and manufactured drama, he explained the reasoning behind things as well as the advantages and disadvantages of various options homeowners faced. He was personable and interacted easily with the homeowners but he kept it about the houses and his message, not elaborate stories of human drama with an investment property somewhere in the background.

His practicality and thorough explanations and the pacing of the shows were a nice break from the 20 minutes of each episode the Property Brothers kill with setting up the "sweat equity" scene of a home owner putting on goggles and wielding a sledge hammer for 3 seconds. Or that crazy bitch Nicole Curtis ruining everything she touched while telling you she's the only person ever who's been able to see the beauty of a rundown old house (and proceed to destroy it with a thousand compromised, shortcuts, and design tricks.)

Scott wasn't exciting but was sexy and pleasant and tried to keep everything to his message -- about houses, not sad luck stories

by Anonymousreply 15July 12, 2020 8:33 AM

actually i think scott with a full thick groomed beard and some muscle would be even MORE sexy sexy hot hot!....

by Anonymousreply 16July 12, 2020 1:39 PM

I remember when he came into Scripps HQ when I worked there around 10 years ago. All the women were falling over themselves.

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2020 1:45 PM

[quote] “...white gardenia lays around our necks!!!”

Oh, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2020 1:51 PM

Wreck my hole McG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2020 1:54 PM

From the picture he looks like a Stepford Wives husband.

by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2020 2:35 PM

Announcer on promos says Mc Gill-VUH-ree. His name is Mc Gill-ih-VRAY.

by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2020 2:41 PM

Uncut?

by Anonymousreply 22July 12, 2020 2:45 PM

My fat alcoholic hillbilly friend has always had a massive crush on Scott and thinks he could seduce him. That turns me off.

by Anonymousreply 23July 12, 2020 4:13 PM

okay, he's a good looking guy, but he's not the second coming or even the second cumming.... haven't we all seen literally breathtaking drop dead gorgeous men (with waaay better bodies) that would put scott to shame in our everyday lives? i know i have, whether the gym or a sporting or music concert or wherever, so let's not all get carried away with him....

by Anonymousreply 24July 12, 2020 4:16 PM

The second episode of his new show was on last night. It's good, and Scott is relatably hot. And he knows his audience. Sleeveless tee, shirtless in the hot tub.

BTW, House Hunters- Comedians on Couches is hilarious. Found it OnDemand.

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2020 12:41 PM

Nipple sighting in the hot tub scene in the German beer garden home reno episode.

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2020 9:20 PM

I hate these heavy dark terrorist beards.

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2020 9:24 PM

HGTV has the sexiest men

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2020 9:31 PM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2020 9:33 PM

I've always wanted him inside me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2020 9:40 PM

Does he suck dick?

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2020 10:33 PM

On Datalounge, all of the good looking straight guys crave cock. They can't suck enough. Cumguzzlers. ALL of them but only the good looking straight ones!

by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2020 11:10 PM

I have always liked Scott but he is no John Gidding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2020 2:37 AM

i forget whose the male host with the longish dark hair, big forehead but piercing blue eyes...... i think he used to be a male stripper long ago, or at least looked like he could have been? not sure if he's a HGTV guy or some other network house and outside landscaping guy...

speaking of such men, wonder how jason cameron is these days! was a big ole exhibitionist narcissist early on back in the day on landscaper's challenge....probably the best muscle body of any of these hosts....

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2020 2:59 AM

Jason Cameron looks like a tasty dish. Someone needs to give him a show - in which he wears nothing but a jockstrap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2020 3:05 AM

"I have always liked Scott but he is no John Gidding."

No, he's male.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2020 3:15 AM

Scott is cute but he is a little bit of a chubster these days.

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2020 3:26 AM

[quote] Nipple sighting in the hot tub scene in the German beer garden home reno episode.

I wanted the hot husband/daddy in that episode to jump in, too!

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2020 3:27 AM

Can’t get past the Grecian formula and the General werewolf vibe , despite other hotness .

I don’t want that crap hair dye ruining my pillowcases

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2020 3:33 AM

Dye is toxic. I'm afraid to use it.

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2020 3:48 AM

The Beer Garden episode was better than the previous one. Agreed with the above poster that he's looking a little heavier, but I still would not kick him out of bed for getting sawdust all over it.

But, oy, the show is so formulaic. Usually there's a DRAMA before the commercial break -- this time it was mold (it often is on his shows) and the sliding barn door that didn't fit. These are always resolved (seemingly) in five minutes. Also, other than the painted wooden shutters and a couple of random beer steins in the kitchen there was nothing about any part of the finished house that said "German Biergarten" to me. Also also: Did the homeowners even know each other before this was filmed? They seemed like hired hands (as did the daughter, who said nothing). He seemed gay-adjacent, if not actually gay (I think he described something as "fabulous" twice and his haircut was awfully stylish). I looked, and he was wearing a wedding ring at least.

I think Scott wore eight or nine shirts, but bless him for knowing his audience and going shirtless for the hot-tub test run. (Dollars to Tim Horton doughnuts he won't do it again in this series.) Again: would not kick him out of my hot tub.

by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2020 11:47 PM

R141 I don't understand why sliding barn doors have suddenly become fashionable.

I think they look clunky. Brett Waterman likes using 'pocket doors' which look much cleaner.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2020 2:05 AM

He looks like Mutt Schitt from the first season of "Schitt's Creek."

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2020 5:53 AM

I liked the reno on the mother-daughter's family vacation house well enough -- they certainly opened it up a lot -- but, man, the final styling is so CB2 or West Elm. I get that rentals need to be a bit bland to appeal to a wider variety of tastes, but there are other ways to style lakefront houses besides "beachy" or "kinda nautical." I also get that owners need to pimp their places on social media, but, really?, a chain-saw bear carving as a photo op?

Thanks for the shot of shirtless Scott leaping into the lake, but I'm taking points off for filming it from half a mile away.

by Anonymousreply 44July 29, 2020 9:49 PM

I lost count of how many times someone used the word "gamechanger" in the pet-friendly reno episode. These shows are scripted, right, however loosely? No shirt removal for Scott, but thanks for his perky nipples under a snug tshirt. Must have been chilly in Ontario that day.

by Anonymousreply 45August 4, 2020 8:43 PM

He seems a lot looser and relaxed than on his first show, funnier, too.

by Anonymousreply 46September 26, 2020 3:33 PM

R19 I am glad he is back with a new show. I love Scotty McHotty

Yes, who wouldn’t want a piece of Scotty McHotty, mmmm, yummy

by Anonymousreply 47September 26, 2020 3:46 PM

Scott McGillivray's body is [italic]way[/italic] too hairless. Still, I wouldn’t mind seeing him erect one of these HGTV structures—with actual erections.

by Anonymousreply 48September 26, 2020 3:47 PM

The only stumbling block in this show is that they do at least twice as much renovation as the budget realistically affords; you cannot completely renovate a kitchen and two bathrooms, put new flooring throughout, rewire the entire house, fix the roof, [italic]and[/italic] build a gazebo in the yard for $65k, even if it's magic Canadian dollars.

by Anonymousreply 49September 26, 2020 3:51 PM

Whatever happened to Carter Oosterhouse? He was HOT.

by Anonymousreply 50September 26, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote]The only stumbling block in this show is that they do at least twice as much renovation as the budget realistically affords; you cannot completely renovate a kitchen and two bathrooms, put new flooring throughout, rewire the entire house, fix the roof, and build a gazebo in the yard for $65k, even if it's magic Canadian dollars.

Shhhhhhhhhhh.

by Anonymousreply 51September 26, 2020 4:05 PM

R35 Unfortunately, if you go on Jason Cameron's twitter, you'll see he's a Trump supporter. He likes a lot of Trump's posts.

by Anonymousreply 52September 26, 2020 4:05 PM

R35's pic reminded me of those backwoods pig-fucking Benham boys when they tried to get HGTV to give them a show so they could flaunt their fascist/religious crap , and how they tried to make it all about religious persecution when the show was cancelled before it began.

by Anonymousreply 53September 26, 2020 4:18 PM

I love his perfectly matched hair and beard color. Can you get that at Lowe's?

by Anonymousreply 54September 26, 2020 5:27 PM

I'm digging the beard; what a shame it's just a lockdown thing.

by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2020 5:52 PM

Yeah he should have kept the beard.

by Anonymousreply 56September 27, 2020 1:52 AM

R49, that's why Scott insists that the homeowners invest some "sweat equity" into the renovation. Repainting a door yourself or sending your children to gather fallen leaves can save a ton of money in the budget.

by Anonymousreply 57September 27, 2020 2:01 AM

Construction-wise, has anyone here nailed Scott? How big a hammer?

by Anonymousreply 58September 27, 2020 2:27 AM

Did anyone see the episode with the MCM cabin ? The brother in that one was so hot ! I swear I saw him side eyeing Scott more than once. I like the premise of the show,but i hate that blonde bitch interior desecrator . Shes so fucking predictable.

by Anonymousreply 59September 27, 2020 3:31 AM

^ And SO desecrating.

by Anonymousreply 60September 27, 2020 3:33 AM

The brother definitely wanted to fuck Scott. I wonder if he offered.

by Anonymousreply 61September 27, 2020 3:41 AM

HGTV gave Carter Oosterhouse the boot after his make up artist on the show claimed he demanded blow jobs from her (which she obliged) but apparently was against her will.

by Anonymousreply 62September 29, 2020 6:06 PM

Big dick?

by Anonymousreply 63September 30, 2020 11:38 PM

He’s a very bitchy, unpleasant person.

by Anonymousreply 64September 30, 2020 11:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!