Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Summer in Port Charles

Craft time at Lila's Kids will feature a special project for the kiddies creating face masks and PPE gowns out of their mom's old bed sheets and tablecloths. Cam's never-ending community service will have him doing distribution, Dev helps because he's otherwise a mopey, superfluous lump. During breaks, they get high huffing hand sanitizer while Joss and Trina perform emo interpretive dance routines to express their teen angst over social isolation and the horrors of zoom fatigue.

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 22, 2020 1:29 AM

Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 4:20 AM

The bed sheets of most of the mothers of Port Charles are hardly sanitary, as they been known to have been used by numerous different people

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 12:41 PM

Indeed, there would first need to be a comprehensive tutorial on stain removal. Perhaps Big Alice and Alfred the butler could come out of retirement for that. Or better yet, Reginald. I'm sure he'd have a LOT to say on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 4:55 PM

If you are missing new episodes, I just discovered soaps.com is publishing fan fiction to tide us over. They posted one today, that would never happen on the actual show, Monica finally confronts Carly over AJ and Nelle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 5:22 PM

If anybody feels creative and wants to do that here, go right ahead! Since there's less to talk about these days, I don't mind if we diverge a little.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 5:42 PM

Breaking news cut into today's ep where I am. What happened with the Chimera?

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2020 9:40 PM

^^^

That happens tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2020 11:47 PM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2020 12:04 AM

R6 I watched it the first time, be prepared it is a let down.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2020 12:06 AM

Is Bobbi Zeman on OnlyFans?

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2020 12:23 AM

I like the fan faction in R4 better than I like the show!

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2020 12:44 AM

Next week is CarSon Week with only LW’s Carly. Hasn’t 2020 been hard enough?

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2020 12:52 AM

R11 I did, as well. The same writer posted another one on Friday. I liked it, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2020 12:55 AM

UGH. No show today because of the memorial service.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2020 7:56 PM

R14 is Frank V

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2020 11:58 PM

I'm in no way a SB fan but JPS did his and Bradford's show so I had to watch. JPS sure does know how to play the game, when asked what scenes he submitted for his Emmy reel he made sure to list his scene with Mo first. JPS looks good.

MEK also did a recent episode with SB/BA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2020 4:52 PM

Jasam Week is next. Because... of course.

At this point, I don’t even care if this show returns. I’m so sick of the focus on those four.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2020 8:50 PM

Audrey week will be coming soon to herald the arrival of nuAudrey, Shearoun Stiegele, once the show can resume production. Viewers will be reintroduced to the character before she returns to battle Monica in a hot new love triangle.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2020 3:50 PM

Unless the triangle is Monica and NuAudrey scissoring while Leslie straps one on, I simply don't care.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2020 5:10 PM

Any word on when they will start taping new shows?

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2020 7:22 PM

William deVry Notes ‘General Hospital Will ‘Eventually’ Return to Filming But No Announcement Made As Yet

“General Hospital” star William deVry (Julian Jerome) is helping dispel mistruths.

Since it was announced on Friday, June 5 by Governor Gavin Newsom that music, TV and film production could resume in California no sooner than Friday, June 12, there had been wild speculation that the news meant that the daytime soap operas, including “GH,” could resume filming in the coming days or weeks. Unfortunately, that might not be the case in Los Angeles County where all four soaps currently hold studio space. There has been a “slight increase” in COVID-19 related hospitalizations in L.A. County in recent days and country officials have not officially given the green light for productions to resume.

“Just a reminder. ‘GH’ is EVENTUALLY going back to filming,” said deVry in a tweet posted earlier today. “We don’t know when. But until it’s announced by actual ‘GH’ production it’s all false info. Actors are not ‘production,'” deVry continued, referencing tweets made by some actors that the show would be returning soon despite no official announcements made by producers or their show’s publicity teams.

Soap Opera Network will continue monitoring the COVID-19 crisis as it relates to the daytime soap operas and all related TV/film productions.

Just a reminder. GH is EVENTUALLY going back to filming. Just some well intentioned , but false info out there. We don't know when. But until it's announced by actual GH production it's all false info. Actors r not "production". LOL. Pass THAT on. Xo to all. That includes u.

— William deVry (@WilliamdeVry1) June 8, 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2020 7:35 PM

We will be back soon my dears. I have a bombshell storyline coming soon when I re-create the role of Nurse Audrey March (Hardy). I will be counseling my granddaughter Elizabeth, but also vying for the affections of a new doctor at General Hospital. I will not be letting Dr. Monica Quartermaine stand in my way! Frank Valentini has promised me the 2021 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2020 9:16 PM

Shearoun, sweetie, I say this with love because I want you to succeed - with your looks you might want to set your sights on a slightly different Audrey role, say Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors. It suits you.

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2020 9:50 PM

Oh, and the voice - you've got that NAILED.

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2020 9:53 PM

A little too much time making paper mache masks during quarantine, Leslie, dear? Why, this look will be perfect for the GH Halloween shows!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2020 11:03 PM

r22 Shearoun, my dear girl, the 2021 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series is mine for my turn as the new Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, number one for over 30 years. The papers have been signed and notarized, the voters notified. Please, however, do attend the leading ladies lunch next spring. My dear friends Kim Zimmer and Susan Flannery will be attending and have promised the finest champagnes and imported spirits. I hope the latter does not trouble you. I know that you have been attending meetings to address this for several decades. Ta-ta for now!

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2020 11:33 PM

Some of the Emmy reels have been posted. Hopefully this is Lindstrom’s for losing last year to Mo but it might go to Jason Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2020 10:22 PM

R27 I haven't watched the reels yet but I don't see how Jason Thmpson was able to but together a reel to beat Lindstrom. He is talented but the writing on Y&R has been so boring. GH hasn't been wonderful, but at least they can write some decent material, allowing the actors to do something.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2020 10:47 PM

r28

didn't we all think the same thing with Lindstrom last year?

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2020 11:11 PM

Lead Actor reels:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 11, 2020 12:42 AM

R30 Oh, ok. Thompson picked to only half-way decent thing they gave him last year. It should come down to the two of them. I can't believe Burton got nominated, especially for that.

by Anonymousreply 31June 11, 2020 12:49 AM

Rumor is they return to taping in 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2020 8:44 AM

So they got approval from the unions r32?

by Anonymousreply 33June 14, 2020 10:39 AM

I hope they do a time jump and just have some kind of voice over explaining what happened in the meantime.

by Anonymousreply 34June 14, 2020 2:50 PM

They’re in desperate need of a time jump. Nothing is working onscreen at the moment.

Anyways, Lead Actress reels:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 14, 2020 4:01 PM

Not the greatest collection of scenes there for Lead Actress. I remember both Maura and Ari's episodes being more impressive than these snippets. Heather Tom's entry is really WTF (but why is she even nominated?).

by Anonymousreply 36June 14, 2020 4:14 PM

She’s nominated because she’s Heather Tom.

by Anonymousreply 37June 14, 2020 5:27 PM

I love Finola, and I love her as Anna, but I do wish she would do more do differentiate Alex. I grew up so spoiled by Anne Heche.

by Anonymousreply 38June 14, 2020 5:47 PM

R38 I seem to remember her being better at the two roles on AMC. Maybe it is the quality of the writing.

by Anonymousreply 39June 14, 2020 6:19 PM

GH couldn’t even be bothered to give Alex a different hair style. I don’t blame her for not even trying.

by Anonymousreply 40June 14, 2020 10:17 PM

Anne Heche really spoiled a lot of us 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2020 5:50 AM

[quote]Anne Heche really spoiled a lot of us 30 years ago.

And she did it seemingly effortlessly. She created different body language for the two characters. Even with the sound off, I could tell in about 3 seconds whether she was playing Marley or Vickey just because the two carried themselves so differently.

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2020 7:19 AM

The unions have agreed to return to work safety protocols. All cast and crew must be tested the day before they report to work. Then regular testing after that.

Those on camera and crew who can't physically distance will be tested 3 times a week. They're going to separate cast and crew into 2 groups who can distance and those who can't.

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2020 1:27 PM

Damn. Will there be fluffers, too?

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2020 4:54 PM

Lots of restrictions like very few people in scenes and saying as few lines as possible.

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2020 5:45 PM

CarSon this week then Jasam week and then Sonny Week.

by Anonymousreply 46June 15, 2020 7:26 PM

r46 Just put the gun to our heads will ya.

by Anonymousreply 47June 15, 2020 8:29 PM

B&B went back to taping today. Actors posted pics.

by Anonymousreply 48June 15, 2020 9:21 PM

[quote] saying as few lines as possible.

I guess this is Jason's time to shine then.

by Anonymousreply 49June 15, 2020 10:19 PM

Sonny Week lineup since I know everyone is so excited for this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 16, 2020 12:06 AM

Bold and Beautiful resumes taping on June 17. They'll be the first scripted show in LA County to start production back. Here's an interview with Brad Bell about how the production will change.

Frank will likely have to make similar changes at GH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2020 5:06 AM

Blow up dolls will show more emotion and talent than some of the actors onscreen. We might even see better chemistry too!

by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2020 1:18 PM

Will the blow up doll portraying my character need their hairpiece back? I've been using it for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2020 5:36 PM

Shearoun is as amusing as Scoche Marin, that is to say, not even the tiniest bit.

by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2020 5:39 PM

In addition to the blow-up breasties, KeMo appears to have gotten her lips inflated, too. Pretty soon she'll be floating in the Macy's parade.

by Anonymousreply 55June 17, 2020 9:39 PM

I watched one day of a Nurses' Ball and haven't tuned in since. I don't miss the show at all. That's how bad it was before it went off the air. And now they are pounding us with these Carson/Sonny/Jasam weeks. That just means the show is still going to be focused on them. I'm giving up for good this time.

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2020 3:22 AM

Daytime Emmys this Friday the 26th on CBS. The Talk co-hosts will be emceeing.

I'd like Jon Lindstrom to win.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2020 12:33 AM

For the love of god please don’t let that Eden kid win. Frank is obsessed with her and we’ll only get more Josslyn. The Willow actress had a better reel too.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2020 12:48 AM

I will be winning next year’s Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for re-creating the role of Katherine Chancellor on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, number one for over three decades.

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2020 12:53 AM

Frank is just as, if not more, obsessed with the Willow actress.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2020 12:59 AM

Eden certainly had her time in the spotlight, but since the Joss/Oscar couple didn't turn out as expected, the show seems to have put her on the backburner and giving more story to Trina.

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2020 1:04 AM

The person who should be winning the Younger person category is William Lipton but he wasn't nominated.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2020 1:17 AM

GH hit pay dirt with the 2 actors who play Cam & Trina. They are the money couple the show needs to highlight not the mini LW.

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2020 1:30 AM

R63 She would be better if they really let her be a mini-Carly bitch on wheels character. She should be getting in trouble more, sleeping around, etc.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2020 1:41 AM

I can’t remember what material William would’ve had to submit. But they’re putting Josslyn in the Trina/Cam relationship. She isn’t needed - Sydney and William have the better chemistry - but they have nothing else for her to do. And GH can’t do anything too “scandalous” with the teens. They were clearly writing her going after her teacher Dustin but someone must have put a stop to it. I miss the 90s back when Emily was a junkie and trying to fly off the roof, Lucky had a gambling problem and Liz was smoking in her scenes.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2020 12:48 PM

R69

The 4 Musketeers were never scandalous. Teenage Laura having an affair with the much older David Hamilton (he dated her mom) was racy. Laura killing him was scandalous.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2020 12:54 PM

R66 You’re right but I wasn’t referring to them specifically. I should’ve worded it better. I’m just saying they really can’t do anything these days with the current teen cast that would be seen as “problematic“ so we’re stuck with vanilla storylines.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2020 3:07 PM

I could envision the original intent of Joss crushing on Dustin, and could also see him as being a potential groomer of young girls, which is a very real problem. Alternately, he could be FBI working the Cyrus Renault case (which Joss's obsession could've interfered with). Cam could've sought an escape from his fucked up home life and become addicted to opioids that Cyrus was trafficking through Port Charles. And, or course, Taggert was Dustin's partner, and only faked his death so Cyrus would let his guard down. Even shruLu could've been caught in the crossfire while doing an investigative piece on the opioid crisis (while poor TJ had also become addicted, recovering from the pain inflicted on him during his kidnapping).

I had a lot of hope for a great umbrella story when the new writers took over last year. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2020 3:23 PM

Supposedly they’re re-tooling all stories they had planned but I don’t have much hope. Though it looks like they made Maxie pregnant instead of Molly.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2020 3:47 PM

I hope the re-tooling includes a time jump where Nina and Jax have already broken up. In addition to the fact the two never had any chemistry, the actors' real life twitter tiff isn't going to help matters.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2020 3:58 PM

JPS seemed very loyal to MS and looked very unhappy when she left and signaled that he also wanted out. He seems to have calmed down about that and might be more open to working with CW than he originally told them.

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2020 4:11 PM

It looked like they were setting up Sasha to be one of the drug casualties. Not a bad choice, either. Her character wouldn't really be missed, but her connections to the more major players makes for a bigger story impact.

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2020 4:18 PM

Just do a time jump where Sasha is already dead along with a bunch of other useless characters. And pair up Carly and Peter already.

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2020 5:15 PM

Any chance they will swap in a yet again recast Nik? That guy is just too bland.

Coby Ryan McLaughlin would have made a great Nik, what a shame they wasted him on that throw away character Shiloh. Even more baffling is that Mark Teschner knew CRM for years and it never crossed his mind he would be a good Nik.

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2020 5:27 PM

I don’t dislike NuNik. He’s fine IMO. The problem is the return was botched. All this momentum and then pushed aside.

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2020 7:01 PM

Yes, the show seemed to forget about Nikolas once his return was revealed. They married him off to Ava and now barely do anything with that. Writers definitely dropped the ball on that one.

But I have to wonder if they dropped the ball because they're impressed with Marcus Coloma. He seems such a one note actor. Doesn't seem to be able to play subtext. Seems blank behind the eyes.

I agree, this is a great opportunity for show to recast and bring in Coby Ryan McLaughlin.

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2020 3:50 AM

[quote] He seems such a one note actor. Doesn't seem to be able to play subtext. Seems blank behind the eyes.

Perfect description.

by Anonymousreply 77June 24, 2020 4:12 AM

R76

They won't bring back Coby after the way he dissed GH on his exit interviews or his problematic comments about rape.

by Anonymousreply 78June 24, 2020 4:19 AM

Oppps, left out an important word. I should proof before hitting the post button. It should read:

"But I have to wonder if they dropped the ball because they're NOT impressed with Marcus Coloma."

by Anonymousreply 79June 24, 2020 4:55 AM

[quote]his problematic comments about rape.

What exactly did he say? And where did he say it?

by Anonymousreply 80June 24, 2020 4:55 AM

Blank behind the eyes usually means "Holy shit, what's my next line?"

Really looks like he's not yet used to the shooting pace. The show's now realized that he's going to need some more time to be able to handle more and complex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2020 11:55 AM

Could William De Vry be any hotter? Go, Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2020 12:32 PM

17 yr old William Lipton is a far better actor than robotic Marcus C.

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2020 2:54 PM

R83 he's better than Mo,stoneface,sleepy,shrill and a number of the actors over at Days.

by Anonymousreply 84June 24, 2020 3:14 PM

R83 I didn't realize that while William Lipton was passed over in the younger acting category, he could still win an Emmy this year, his original song from the 2019 Nurse's Ball was nominated for Best Original Song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 24, 2020 10:05 PM

An episode today or yesterday featured a young Tyler Christopher. I forgot how hot he was.

I hope he's doing better these days.

by Anonymousreply 86June 24, 2020 10:28 PM

To anyone regarding R35. I somehow missed that episode of GH. What sequence was Anna and Alex discussing? Who did Alex kill? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 87June 25, 2020 5:39 PM

The next week of “classics” is also Sonny themed. So June 29th-Jul 10th is all Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 88June 25, 2020 10:05 PM

Give all the fat fraus what they want: a week dedicated to Robin.

Sorry, I find the frau Robin fans particularly annoying. And honestly, Kim McCullough herself is kind of insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 89June 26, 2020 12:02 AM

There are so many great characters that GH should give a week to: Alan/Monica, Laura, Elizabeth, Anna Devane, Scotty, etc... We don't need another week of Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 90June 26, 2020 3:30 AM

Isn't every week "Sonny week" on GH?

by Anonymousreply 91June 26, 2020 5:20 AM

How about tenderoni week?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 26, 2020 9:54 AM

Two weeks of Sonny and his kids.

by Anonymousreply 93June 26, 2020 11:57 AM

LOL, R92! Perhaps they could include the episode that has the scene when the two actors had a tussle scene and one was visibly aroused?

by Anonymousreply 94June 26, 2020 10:23 PM

GH will go back into production sometime in mid July.

by Anonymousreply 95June 26, 2020 10:34 PM

So we are looking at mid September before new episodes I would guess?

by Anonymousreply 96June 26, 2020 10:35 PM

Seems like it would be sooner for new episodes if they’re back mid-July... hopefully half the cast is gone too.

by Anonymousreply 97June 26, 2020 10:36 PM

Agree that it should be sooner than Sept. It can't take that long to edit the 36 minute new episodes. Plus they could stuff the new episodes with flashbacks and have Flashback Fridays until they've got a stockpile again.

by Anonymousreply 98June 26, 2020 11:50 PM

Honestly, I really haven't missed the show.

by Anonymousreply 99June 26, 2020 11:55 PM

I hope they don't squander this opportunity to make some major changes, it's the perfect time to dump some characters and jump ahead in time. DUMP & JUMP, that should be the writers' motto right now.

by Anonymousreply 100June 27, 2020 12:06 AM

Daytime Emmys are on right now, CBS.

by Anonymousreply 101June 27, 2020 12:11 AM

Tamara Braun won supporting actress.

by Anonymousreply 102June 27, 2020 12:12 AM

Tamara Braun won for Best Supporting Actress.

by Anonymousreply 103June 27, 2020 12:13 AM

Her Emmy from GH comes from....that. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 104June 27, 2020 12:25 AM

r104, she was very good in the end of the Oscar story, even though the writing for her character was abysmal otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 105June 27, 2020 12:28 AM

She deserved that Emmy. She carried that entire story AND the Frew story. Honestly, she should’ve already had one from her time as Carly so I’ll take it.

Katelyn was robbed though.

by Anonymousreply 106June 27, 2020 12:51 AM

I'm thinking Katelyn fucked up her tapes, r106. Not that we would know, since they aren't releasing full tapes anymore, but if she'd submitted the work from the intervention at the cabin plus her court scenes, she should have been ahead of Keegan or Sasha Calle.

by Anonymousreply 107June 27, 2020 12:55 AM

She submitted the intervention scenes.

by Anonymousreply 108June 27, 2020 12:58 AM

Katelyn listed the scenes she submitted on that Burton and Bradford show on YT, she did submit the cabin scene, I forget which others she said.

by Anonymousreply 109June 27, 2020 1:01 AM

The scene when Willow finds out Wiley isn’t hers was her best. It’ll be eligible next year.

by Anonymousreply 110June 27, 2020 1:03 AM

GH gets the Directing Emmy

by Anonymousreply 111June 27, 2020 1:06 AM

Agreed, r110. I'm not a huge fan of that character, but Katelyn steps up when they give her big emotional scenes.

by Anonymousreply 112June 27, 2020 1:08 AM

Did GH really submit the Xmas Dream episode starring ME for Best Drama? Did they want to lose on purpose?

by Anonymousreply 113June 27, 2020 2:10 AM

R113 FV loves to submit "special episodes." I remember it was said he would submit episodes such as the musical episodes when he ran OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 114June 27, 2020 2:12 AM

I was actually embarrassed when they played the GH clip. Easton is so bad.

by Anonymousreply 115June 27, 2020 2:13 AM

Bring Tams back as her Version of Carly!!! Can’t stand Laura Wright and TB is the better actress.

by Anonymousreply 116June 27, 2020 4:18 AM

Is FV the only one with any say about which episode they submit? I feel like someone should be able to step in. To submit that episode is an embarrassment, honestly, especially when you see it included with what the other soaps submitted.

by Anonymousreply 117June 27, 2020 2:49 PM

The Christmas Carol episode was the worst of the whole year. Not surprised GH lost on that one.

by Anonymousreply 118June 27, 2020 2:56 PM

I missed Tamara's win, found it on YT. She looks great. Am I reading more into her "I thank the kind ones at GH" than necessary or intended...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 27, 2020 4:06 PM

Don't think you read too much into that, r119. Nancy tweeted something cryptic a few weeks ago about Braun's circumstances on the show. It really sounds like she was put through a lot we don't know about (and some we suspect, like Billy Miller tanking their scenes and story changes regarding her taking on Sonny & Carly).

by Anonymousreply 120June 27, 2020 4:24 PM

Yeah, I didn't think I was reaching in interpreting the "kind ones" as a pointed remark and well done I must say, well done TB!

I do recall TB's first scene when she returned where she was feisty and challenging Sonny and Carly and I thought YES! Then it never happened again. Mo must have pitched a fit.

Why did MB and Jacqueline Wood from B&B present together, sitting side by side on a sofa, is social distancing not in effect wherever they live? Or is Mo in charge of everything at GH AND L.A. at large?

by Anonymousreply 121June 27, 2020 4:49 PM

You’re definitely not reading more into it: read her exit interview after she was let go. That place is toxic. She already dealt with bullying from Mo and Steve when she was Carly. Sounds like her only friend there the second time around was WDV.

by Anonymousreply 122June 27, 2020 4:52 PM

[quote]Why did MB and Jacqueline Wood from B&B present together, sitting side by side on a sofa, is social distancing not in effect wherever they live? Or is Mo in charge of everything at GH AND L.A. at large?

They're being criticized for doing that presentation together without any social distancing over on the Daytime Emmy thread too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 27, 2020 4:57 PM

Of course Mo pitched a fit r121. When the show for example had Michael angry at Sonny over him killing AJ. Mo demanded that they put an end to it and Michael be made to return to the"fold"(I.e. back to kissing Sonny's ass and praising him). The show gave in to Mo's demands and basically they had Michael begging for forgiveness for daring to "defy" Sonny and Carly but especially Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 124June 27, 2020 5:43 PM

The photographer Jim Warren did a filmed interview a couple days ago. He interviewed Kin Shriner who came off his affable witty self. Then he interviewed Mo who came off like a complete asshole.

Mo was so insufferable in the interview. Warren did all the questions. One was if Mo ever had any problems on set with Geary. He said no. He said Tony has no ego and was beloved by everyone who worked in front of & behind the camera. Mo said he is all ego and is only liked by a few people at GH ( Steve, Laura, Chad,Maura).

He mentioned that he had a huge fall out with an actress & he described it in his book. I'm guessing that was Tamara because it was widely reported things went sour between them. He was furious she was into Carly/Lorenzo. That pairing was taking off while he's never been able to sell anything except Brenda & Carly (due in huge part to the actresses). He threw his weight around & had the CarLo thing ended.

The interview was telling in a lot of ways. He spoke glowingly about Burton & Dom Z. but had no clue what their kids names were. That screams someone who is self-absorbed. He also said he was pissed he didn't have more Emmys. WTF says that except an asshole. The motherfucker doesn't deserve the 2 he has.

by Anonymousreply 125June 27, 2020 9:22 PM

Honestly, my hope is that after these few months off MB will not like going back to the daily grind and decide to retire "for his mental health."

by Anonymousreply 126June 27, 2020 11:27 PM

It would do wonders for all of our mental health, as well! Would someone please think of OUR suffering for a change?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 29, 2020 11:54 PM

Michael Fairman's post Emmy win interview with Tamara Braun.

He asked @ 8:40 which GH co-stars reached out to her after her win. She did quite the tap dance and word salad deflection. She said Alicia Minshew from AMC was first call and then talked about GH hair, makeup and grips congratulating her and then "Cindy Preston, Natalia and Rick" whoever they are (DOOL?). No GH names mentioned. I would have thought at least WdV and NLG... GH does not sound like a pleasant place to work, glad she won so at least she had something positive to come out of the miserable experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 1, 2020 5:37 PM

Cindy Preston played a very Ava-esque Sonny foil years ago. Faith Roscoe?

Natalia Kivingston played Emily on GH and Ric is probably Ric Hearst.

Notably, no one currently on the show!

by Anonymousreply 129July 1, 2020 6:16 PM

Thanks r129, my GH viewership has been sporadic over the years.

by Anonymousreply 130July 1, 2020 6:21 PM

WdV would have definitely sent congrats. They were very close. He tweeted his congrats the next day. He said he hadn't kept up when the awards were. He said he had spoken to TB then.

by Anonymousreply 131July 1, 2020 8:15 PM

Anyone see today's repeat & know what year it was from? It was the year Michael had a gun on Sonny and was threatening to kill him over AJ.

Finola looks like a different person now. She wasn't so sickly thin in this episode.She had a a great figure without the ghastly thin neck & chest. This was when she arrested Duke.

She was lovely in today's episode: great hairstyle, great body, no sunken cheeks. She is obviously sick in someway since then.

by Anonymousreply 132July 1, 2020 8:21 PM

R132 I *think* it was 2014

by Anonymousreply 133July 1, 2020 10:11 PM

The episode was MUCH more interesting than anything from the last 3 years. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 134July 1, 2020 10:20 PM

R134

Yesterday & today was good because RC pulled no punches in writing Sonny as the POS he actually is. Yesterday Kristina called him out on being abusive to women & how that contributed to her accepting abuse from Keifer. Alexis & Carly called him out on being abusive.

Today Michael dragged him for filth.

All of that disappeared once RC was gone. Mo didn't like it.

by Anonymousreply 135July 1, 2020 10:26 PM

Well for one thing R134 Mo didn't like it and told them to end it. So they did.

by Anonymousreply 136July 1, 2020 10:38 PM

It’s the only time adult Michael has ever been interesting.

by Anonymousreply 137July 1, 2020 10:43 PM

R136 Which is what is wrong. He shouldn't have such power, especially since it is bad for the show.

by Anonymousreply 138July 1, 2020 10:59 PM

I know R138. Mo hated having Michael go against Sonny and felt it was disrespectful to Sonny and Carly and told them to bring Michael back into the family fold and end this story.

by Anonymousreply 139July 2, 2020 1:23 AM

Anyone know why original Kate aka Megan Ward was fired? She was in today’s episode - where redhead Michael was shot - and I’ll always be baffled at such a dumb decision.

by Anonymousreply 140July 6, 2020 9:37 PM

Has this thread been Murieled?

Is there a new GH thread?

by Anonymousreply 141July 7, 2020 1:45 AM

No it hasn't been Murieled.

The View thread on the other has indeed been Murieled.

I just can't get into the GH episodes they are running, they aren't old enough to interest me.

by Anonymousreply 142July 7, 2020 1:52 AM

I said the same thing about the Y&R ones. They should have chosen actual memorable storylines and then presented a week of the most important episodes from that story.

by Anonymousreply 143July 7, 2020 3:09 AM

Taping resumes next week.

by Anonymousreply 144July 8, 2020 11:36 PM

I’m hoping we’ll hear of some departures soon. Trim the fat.

by Anonymousreply 145July 9, 2020 12:23 AM

I'm hoping the writers spent their time away working on becoming better writers.

by Anonymousreply 146July 9, 2020 1:05 AM

The bigger problem is FV

by Anonymousreply 147July 9, 2020 3:36 AM

They've pushed back the resume taping date to 7/20.

by Anonymousreply 148July 10, 2020 8:46 PM

Funny skit from NLG, Jane Elliott, Kim Zimmer and NLG's BFF Kaore Bonell.

Special Guest Appearance: Marcia Clark, Esq.

Honorable Mention: Kin Shriner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 11, 2020 8:32 PM

Rumor is that two actors tested positive for Covid

by Anonymousreply 150July 12, 2020 2:18 AM

Laura Wright was heard shouting that Will Ramsey caught it from a skank looking for clout.

by Anonymousreply 151July 12, 2020 2:39 AM

Well MB wasn't social distancing during the Daytime Emmys, sittin all close to Jacqueline Something Something from Wife Swap err I mean Bold & The Beautiful. Perhaps he is one of the two who tested positive.

Who are the other repugs who were probably ignoring guidelines...IR, SB...

I'm having concerns about TR's political leanings as he just worked with Sean K. and seems pretty buddy buddy with him and he is also close with that loon Tonya Walker.

by Anonymousreply 152July 12, 2020 3:00 AM

Sonny, the hero? Sarcasm? Poor WK...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 16, 2020 7:12 PM

NLG’s reply

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 16, 2020 7:12 PM

r154

hilarious

by Anonymousreply 155July 16, 2020 7:31 PM

R153 What is horrible is that making Ned the central character, instead of Sonny, would have made the show so much better than it currently is.

by Anonymousreply 156July 16, 2020 10:42 PM

The return of GH has been pushed back to 8/13.

That's probably a smart move because it's a given that LA is approaching another complete shut down. Why return to only tape a handful of episodes & then shut down again.

by Anonymousreply 157July 17, 2020 9:00 AM

LA's COVID numbers are skyrocketing. As r157 said, the city is almost certain to go back on complete lockdown. Likely within the next few days. I wouldn't be surprised if the complete lockdown was announced on today (Friday).

by Anonymousreply 158July 17, 2020 10:51 AM

Honestly, I'll just miss the old episodes they've been showing when they bring the show back.

Seeing the episodes from even 4 years ago, not to mention the older ones they showed, just emphasized how terrible, boring and unwatchable GH is now. They need to make some huge changes, like they did when Ron Carliavati took over and tried to boost the Qs and legacy families and move away from all mob and Sonny and Jason. It was refreshing. They need to make a big change like that again.

by Anonymousreply 159July 17, 2020 3:07 PM

We’ll just continue to get more Sonny themed weeks.

by Anonymousreply 160July 17, 2020 3:12 PM

It was the Guza era reruns that were the worst for me. Episodes with only 6 characters spending the whole hour only talking about what Sonny just did.

by Anonymousreply 161July 17, 2020 3:39 PM

Let's face it -- the producers think Sonny is what the viewers want to see. He and his circle have hijacked the show for years and made in unwatchable. I was bereft when they cancelled One Life to Live and tried to move to GH, but I couldn't believe what the producers were dishing out....a short, stuttering bad actor as the lead and his shrewish, harridan wife as the female lead. Not to mention his demented side kick who has one expression. I couldn't believe they cancelled One Life but kept this! It's survival is inexplicable.

by Anonymousreply 162July 17, 2020 7:38 PM

Sorry, that should have been: Its survival is inexplicable.

by Anonymousreply 163July 17, 2020 7:39 PM

No "oh, dear" for R163/R162!

by Anonymousreply 164July 17, 2020 8:17 PM

Not to mention that the lead characters are all mobsters/molls and we are constantly being told how great they are, and all others are bad. Please! Is this another aspect of the Trump era? It seems so -- we are sold a "truth" that is, in fact, not the truth, and expected so embrace it. Mobsters are good! All other people are bad. Bad storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 165July 17, 2020 10:43 PM

What is most astonishing to me about the past two months of GH reruns is how little Luke Spencer has been in the episodes they've aired.

I know they're deliberately focusing on Sonny and Jason episodes, but I'm just amazed that Luke is in so few of those episodes.

Do you think they've been deliberately trying to avoid airing episodes that have Tony Geary in them?

If so, is this about the money (he's negotiated a high residual fee for rebroadcasts)? Or is this just about not wanting to remind viewers that Luke's a much better character than Sonny and Tony Geary is a much better actor than Maurice Benard.

by Anonymousreply 166July 18, 2020 1:12 AM

I thought most of Luke and Sonny's adventures were in the 90s

by Anonymousreply 167July 18, 2020 1:15 AM

I'm kind of surprised they haven't done at least one Luke and Laura week, especially their famous wedding with Elizabeth Taylor. Y&R has been doing a much better job at reaching into the archives. They are going to air their two premiere episodes next week.

by Anonymousreply 168July 18, 2020 1:15 AM

I've been curious about no Luke and LAura week as well... They did a Victor and Nikki week

by Anonymousreply 169July 18, 2020 1:19 AM

Its been rumored that years ago ABC/🐁 conducted a survey and that allegedly a few large tv markets in the northeast and especially New York City told them that they loved the mob stuff and not to get rid of it. As ABC/GH had been rumored to be thinking of cutting back on the mob stuff and focus more on the hospital and other stories.

It's also alleged that those in survey told them that they "love Sonny, his family and Jason".

by Anonymousreply 170July 18, 2020 1:55 AM

R170 Was the survey somehow fixed by the mob, or dominated by their wives and girlfriends? They might have thought that if people thought Sonny was representative of mobsters, people would think they were largely harmless.

by Anonymousreply 171July 18, 2020 2:25 AM

The show's been moving away from Luke since the day TG left. Luke has only gotten a few fleeting mentions in all the years the character's been off the show.

by Anonymousreply 172July 18, 2020 2:53 AM

R196

I don't think there's any issue between the show & TG. As Mo said in that recent interview, TG was beloved by everyone in front of & behind the camera. We did get an episode that was a Luke centric episode ( the killing of his parents) Sadly, I think GH made the hair brained decision to pick a week of Jason/Sam and 2 weeks of

GH has had really great characters over the years that they should've highlighted. I would've loved for them to pick episodes like Alexis reaming out Sonny/Jason at her sister's funeral. Jax/Brenda's romantic foray at the beach in LA. Luke/Laura escaping from the Canadian Rockies. The hilarious wedding of Sean & Tiffany. Dominique dying in Scotty's arms, etc...

They have an embarrassment of riches & they pick the doddering mob midget.

by Anonymousreply 173July 18, 2020 8:56 AM

I don’t think they’ll do a Luke/Laura week because of the inevitable “This couple is sooo problematic!” cries. Not to mention Genie just basically trashed them and said they never should’ve happened in that soaps special that just aired.

But at least give us BJs death, Liz’s rape...

by Anonymousreply 174July 18, 2020 1:50 PM

Would love to see when Lesley bitch slapped Monica over lying Rick was AJ’s dad

by Anonymousreply 175July 18, 2020 4:29 PM

Actors return to the set tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 176July 21, 2020 2:53 PM

I heard they’re filming in “bubbles”, which will have its on crew, and the actors will be responsible for their own hair, makeup and wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 177July 21, 2020 6:47 PM

I guess we'll see which actresses aren't skilled at doing their own makeup.

I could see Emme Rylan really over doing the raccoon eyes, same with Kirsten Storms.

I wonder how Laura Wright will look? Genie Francis?

by Anonymousreply 178July 21, 2020 10:25 PM

Did we ever find out who tested positive? Any guesses?

by Anonymousreply 179July 21, 2020 10:28 PM

If they are doing their own wardrobe maybe Laura will finally be dressed decent.

by Anonymousreply 180July 21, 2020 10:33 PM

Not sure who tested positive but supposedly KM hasn’t signed back on.

by Anonymousreply 181July 21, 2020 11:15 PM

r181

Surely you jest. I didn't think it was possible to ever get rid of her. Is she starting her own ASMR Youtube Channel?

by Anonymousreply 182July 21, 2020 11:18 PM

Next thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 22, 2020 1:10 AM

thanks r183

by Anonymousreply 184July 22, 2020 1:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!