Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Holmes - Theranos scam bitch - Was she ever convicted of anything?

She conned so many famous old, white, rich men I'll assume they used their pull to get her charges dropped or lessened. They don't want the shame spotlight focused on them.

I can't find anything online other than "she's going to court soon". My guess is we're supposed to forget about it to save the reputations of George Schultz, Henry Kissinger, and the rest of the old politicians who threw their weight behind her and fed at the 'board member' trough.

by Anonymousreply 132March 22, 2023 2:45 AM

The covid disaster will probably buy her some time . When the trial does happen I guarantee that all the blame will be placed on her equally psychopathic boyfriend. I would be surprised if she does even 6 months. Her lawyers will paint her as a delicate and impressionable waif manipulated by the Indian lover. And people will buy it.

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2020 12:58 AM

ABC is repeating their documentary on Theranos right now

Maybe she will now claim her device can test Covid with just pin prick of blood!

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2020 2:00 AM

Fuck her, I’d like to know what the hell ever happened to Katie Quackenbush, the power lawyer’s daughter who shot a homeless man who asked her to move her Porsche because she was playing her radio too loud and he was trying to sleep.

Quackenbush pled not guilty almost exactly *two years* ago. Since then, zip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2020 2:16 AM

He’s old, but I don’t feel sorry for George Schulz (sp.?). His grandson, Tyler, worked for Theranos and was a whistleblower. George took Holmes’ side, invited Tyler to his (george’s) house and ambushed Tyler with lawyers who tried to force Tyler to sign some type of nondisclosure agreement. George is an old fool, thoroughly bamboozled by Holmes, so fucking sense of loyalty to his own grandson who was a hero, actually.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2020 2:44 AM

No sense of loyalty

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2020 2:45 AM

I think she'll do a few years in prison.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2020 2:48 AM

One of those documentaries that was out was *insane* - what a nut job and so narcissistic like Drumpf - the medical community needs to classify that condition as full-on crazy so these people can be safely removed from society. Also, the way they treated employees was criminal - she should be stuck for a drop of blood for every dollar she stole from people - see if she learns her lesson after a few million drops of blood

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2020 3:35 AM

I can’t believe so many were duped by her.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2020 4:42 AM

"Amateur!"

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2020 7:52 AM

R3, a quick chat with Google popped up a court date in early May. I suspect it's likely to get postponed, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2020 9:28 AM

Holmes' lawyers are currently arguing in court about whether they are subject to Shelter in Place rules (argument: federal prosecutors aren't, so we shouldn't be either).

Her trial is currently due to start July 28.

Holmes and Sunny Balwani were charged together but their cases have since been separated. His trial will follow hers, which should make things interesting if she goes for the "I was a naive little girl and all the bad ideas were his fault" defense.

Tyler Shultz is a fucking hero and should be treated as such.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2020 9:43 AM

I'm reading Bad Blood right now and it's kind of boring. She seems like a total creep though.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2020 9:51 AM

R2, I was thinking about her when we were talking about the antibody test. My husband and his sister were offered (it has since fallen through) a batch of antibody tests that give immediate results from a single drop of blood, at home. “Like a home pregnancy test! Like a diabetes test strip!”

I kept saying “that sounds too good to be true”, but they didn’t think it was.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2020 11:32 AM

Because corporations are sociopathic, the world is now being run by sociopaths. Literally those with no concern for others and inability to feel guilt are the winners in modern society. Capitalism and corporations are evil.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2020 2:49 PM

I wonder if George Schultz ever apologized to his grandson, Tyler, for taking sides with Holmes over Tyler. That young man is the hero for untangling this godawful mess while the old powerful white guys used their military and political power to further Holmes' false agenda: : Henry Kissinger, Jim Mattis, Grandpa Schultz. Tyler deserves more than an apology but after watching the documentary, I get the impression he's just happy the ordeal is over.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2020 4:11 PM

[quote] I wonder if George Schultz ever apologized to his grandson, Tyler, for taking sides with Holmes over Tyler.

He has yes

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2020 4:15 PM

I wish you would explain why you're privy to this information but I'm going to believe you regardless. I want to believe that lying bitch didn't tear apart a grandfather/grandson.

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2020 5:41 PM

There is no "spell" or "power over men" here.

She was a conwoman. The main part of a con, is CONFIDENCE. A good con utilizes many people in the confidence game. People who rely on the trust of those in their circle rather than doing their own homework.

The people she bilked were mostly politicians and high level government personnel, and wealthy investor types with no medical training and scant knowledge of the healthcare industry, let alone actual science.

The people and businesses who avoided investing in Theranos were actual scientists and science investors who had doubts about the "technology."

So various rich old men, many of whom can barely use a smart phone, took her bullshit at face value and then sold the idea to each other, which built up more and more social confidence.

Bernie Madoff did the same thing. The people who avoided him were actual economists who knew how to do math. His marks trusted each other for advice rather than do any research on their own.

Think of someone in your social or family circle who everyone turns to for advice. Whether that person knows what the fuck they're talking about or not, they relish the role, and most of us would rather just ask that person what to do instead of doing our own research. Those types of "influencers" are useful to con men, because once the influencers realize the con, they are not likely to admit it, because then they'd be responsible for giving others bad advice and would look foolish at best. The influencers then have motive to keep the con going, whether it's conscious or subconscious.

Bernie Madoff would never be accused of casting some sexy spell over his marks, many of whom were "rich, poweful men" because he's not a young blue eyed blonde female.

Holmes didn't cast some magic pussy spell, fools.

The "spell" is the human ego and the fear of status loss, coupled with mass confidence.

The story of how George Schultz handled hearing the truth from his grandson is a beautiful example: he didn't want to look foolish and other people, like Henry Kissinger, believed it so it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2020 1:22 AM

Good analysis and explanation, r18.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2020 1:25 AM

One of the many lessons that can be gained from this fiasco is that our Brilliant Ivy League Elite isn't a fraction as smart as they imagine. Then again, these were the same people who believed the lies about how we must invade Iraq (and Vietnam if you want to go further back ) so it's not surprising I suppose. Go to Washington DC and you will meet so many well connected people who fancy themselves geniuses because of their Harvard degree and well paid government job. And a huge chunk of them still don't have a lick of common sense.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2020 1:30 AM

I wonder if the Bad Blood film adaptation or the Hulu miniseries will be canned.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2020 2:25 AM

R20 sounds like a classic Russo-troll response meant to foment anti-intellectual feelings among the populace. Actually, R20, society relies a lot on intelligent and socially responsible people to solve problems and heal differences among people. Only authoritarian crackpots or those carrying water for them would come up with such a dumb response lumping all Ivy League grads into the same weak made up category that you did.

Holmes is intelligent. Intelligent enough to make a shit ton of money and fool a lot of smart people. She's also a sociopath, and she used her intelligence to take advantage of others for her own gain, the same way Chairman Mao did or Putin does.

Many Ivy League grads are quietly serving society, without calling attention to themselves. But we never hear about them.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2020 3:16 AM

She only went to Stanford for something like 1.5 semesters.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2020 3:19 AM

R22 You sound like a paranoid asshole. There are plenty of smart Ivy League individuals. But many who make it to positions of power are usually just really well connected and great at networking , not particularly insightful. Note that you didn't address my point about how "brilliant " people in power have led us into disaster in the past. Or do you think that destroying millions of lives of Iraqis and Vietnamese was just a minor mistake? By the way, demanding that people FF and block anyone who makes a point you don't like is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2020 3:29 AM

No Boris-Natasha, I'm the exact opposite of paranoid. Calling people names and saying they're crazy is another one of your troll tactics to discourage, marginalize and silence others. Quit with the whataboutism. I was addressing your false claim that elite university grads are bad for society, not about Iraq or Vietnam.

Blocking Russian and other trolls is what we do here. That, and post pics of butt-munching. So here you go, Vlad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2020 3:58 AM

R18 Great analysis. I was looking at this scam from a different point of view. The 'con' makes perfect sense when you compare it to the Madoff fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2020 4:20 PM

[quote]The "spell" is the human ego and the fear of status loss, coupled with mass confidence.

R18 Yes. These men keep doubling down for fear of appearing gullible. They support each others stupidity hoping any press / attention will go away and they can crawl away unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2020 7:07 AM

Mass confidence = Ponzi. The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. Madoff, Theranos, Dotcom bubble, Housing Bubble = mortgage Ponzi. stock market, everything. Fake it until you make it, but knowing they weren't going to make it. Make your money and then get out before the people beneath you catch on. Go on to next scam - Bitconnect, snake oil, whatever. Most people aren't held accountable because it would be an indictment against our entire way of life, the living on credit, robbing Peter to pay Paul . The mass delusion that keeps this stuff going is pure greed, and then fear. Wizard of Oz, but there is NOBODY behind the curtain, because he's retired to Gstaad (like the Sacklers, after making the entire state of Ohio addicted to opiates). Epstein was CIA? Barr's father his mentor? NOBODY CARES because deep down we all know this is a house of cards, predicated on the belief that a dollar is a worth a dollar, no matter what, and the goal in life is to get as rich as possible by any means necessary.

The Ivy League schools create a fair share of this mess, Trump (Wharton Penn), and his son in law, and all the other "smart bright people" that have watched this country go down the shitter without looking up from their investment portfolios.

I feel bad for people still invested in the whole American Dream thing (I can see it in many of these responses), because the next ten years are going to ravage their psyche, reducing them to muttering psychotics, repeating hyper-capitalist mantras about freedom, hard work, innovation, disruption. The cognitive dissonance of believing you live in a first world superpower, while realizing there is no health care, community, educational system, or anything of real value - just religious fanatics, gun nuts, conspiracy theorists, all shoveling money into the hands of the robber barons, the 1 percent, who invest nothing back into society, except for some crumbs for PR. Schadenfraude? Did I spell it correctly? Probably not, I went to a state school.

by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2020 8:17 AM

Dear former Theranos board member assistant at r27, please share any dishy dirt, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2020 7:56 PM

Tread carefully there, R29. R27 is a troll I blocked and who has since deleted her cookies. I use the adjective her because it is almost certainly the prolific troll who shows up in every thread about celebrities, claiming inside knowledge, connections or relationships. It's part of her sad imaginary fever world.

by Anonymousreply 30April 14, 2020 8:38 PM

Trial starts Oct. 27, 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2020 6:19 PM

She won't serve a day in prison, which she should. She pulled a million $$ scam that put people's lives at risk. She worst than a crack dealer.

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2020 6:31 PM

r18, very well said.

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2020 6:34 PM

[quote] I wonder if George Schultz ever apologized to his grandson, Tyler, for taking sides with Holmes over Tyler.

Sort of. He released a statement extolling Tyler but nothing really apologizing ir admitting being tg3 fucking fool he is.

: "The members of our family work to be loyal and supportive to one another and to the best of America’s values. Most have inspired others to listen to their better angels; and some have shown tremendous courage and integrity when faced with difficult decisions or situations. Tyler’s handling of the troubling practices he identified at Theranos is an example. He did not shrink from what he saw as his responsibility to the truth and patient safety, even when he felt personally threatened and believed that I had placed allegiance to the company over allegiance to higher values and our family. I have learned -- from my experiences beginning in World War II, in private industry, and in the various public service positions I have been privileged to fill – that the people in the field are closest to the issues and are the best sources of wisdom whenever a problem arises. That was certainly the case here. Tyler navigated a very complex situation in ways that made me proud. He has been an example for the entire family, for which all of us are grateful. I want to recognize and congratulate Tyler for his great moral character."

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2020 6:42 PM

[quote] He did not shrink from what he saw as his responsibility to the truth and patient safety, even when he felt personally threatened [bold] and believed [/bold] that I had placed allegiance to the company over allegiance to higher values and our family.

Tyler *believed* that his grandfather had favored Theranos, according to George. He doesn’t admit that he actually did favor Holmes over Tyler

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2020 6:45 PM

One of the most mind-blowing things to me about Holmes' con is the idea that someone can become an expert in chemical engineering after a couple of semesters in college.

Most of the "tech gurus" who were college dropouts either had and needed no actual technical knowledge (Steve Jobs) or were in computer science where you can actually be self-trained (Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg). Gates isn't even much of a tech genius anyway. His main success was in selling a mediocre OS as the real deal and capitalizing on that to buy other companies. Zuckerberg just got lucky.

But chemical engineering isn't something you can learn on your own or from a couple semesters in college. Holmes likely didn't even get past the foundational classes (physics, calculus, chemistry) before dropping out. It blows my mind that the old men who funded her never questioned her expertise.

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2020 7:02 PM

I agree that she is a con artist. I think its a mistake to think her appeal was entirely sexual. I suspect these elderly, powerful men interest in her was more paternalistic, thinking of her as a daughter/granddaughter that wished they had, or perhaps the daughter-in-law they wished their sons would marry.

Those instincts are much more powerful than sex and could possibly explain why a man would side with her rather than his own grandson.

by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2020 7:10 PM

R18 “ The people she bilked were mostly politicians and high level government personnel, and wealthy investor types with no medical training and scant knowledge of the healthcare industry, let alone actual science.

“The people and businesses who avoided investing in Theranos were actual scientists and science investors who had doubts about the "technology."

If only that were the case!

In 2015 Elizabeth Holmes became a member of the Harvard Medical School Board of Fellows, even though she was only 31 years old (!) and had no formal training in medicine. Unfuckingbelievable.

There was a professor at Stanford medical school who was also on the Harvard Med School board of fellows and who knew Elizabeth Holmes from her undergraduate days at Stanford. She knew from the start that Holmes was a fraud. But nobody would listen to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2020 8:04 PM

Well it looks like she got a better colorist and conditioned that strawhead she called hair.

Therefore, not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote]It blows my mind that the old men who funded her never questioned her expertise.

They were not scientists or medical doctors. They were old and mostly ignorant about consumer technology, let alone complex medical technologies. They trusted each other's judgment and didn't do their own research and probably wouldn't know how to research medical device possibilities if they did. Holmes did not solicit investments from anyone who would actually understand what she was trying (failing) to do.

See r18.

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2020 2:36 AM

[quote]It blows my mind that the old men who funded her never questioned her expertise.

Yup. Same. I watched the HBO special on this psycho and one of the doddering old investors actually said he believed in her because science and entrepreneurship were "in her genes"---like from her great grandfather and some distant uncle. I was dumbfounded.

Right, so if my father trained to be a brain surgeon that means I can perform brain surgery too? Because it's in my genes?

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2020 11:07 AM

Maybe this is similar to the way most of us who have elderly parents have to be vigilant in making sure they don't fall prey to phone and internet scams. Even people who were once very smart and cautious eventually lose the ability to make rational decisions.

by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2020 11:13 AM

[quote]Holmes didn't cast some magic pussy spell, fools. The "spell" is the human ego and the fear of status loss, coupled with mass confidence. The story of how George Schultz handled hearing the truth from his grandson is a beautiful example: he didn't want to look foolish and other people, like Henry Kissinger, believed it so it must be true.

R18 I never viewed it that way, thanks. Your post makes perfect sense. These men were afraid of losing face and just kept doubling down to keep up with each other. Peacock preening.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2020 3:10 PM

OP, this is America. She’s now a wealthy woman. She’s not going to be punished, period.

by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2020 3:17 PM

All the people Holmes conned were old white men who vote Conservative - just like Donald Trump base

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2020 3:18 PM

R45 Many of these men were highly influential political appointees and military men (Kissinger, Schultz, Mattis) who try to stay relevant via 'think tanks', fellowships, and board memberships in organizations pay them to use their names to bolster their product - like Theranos. These men were being paid $100,000 annually for showing up at annual 'board meetings/photo ops' at Theranos and listening to Holmes bullshit them about her nonexistent product. Many of these old guys just can't let go of the relevance they once they had when they were powerful. Their neediness is pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2020 4:28 PM

Been wondering about her. Hope she does real time.

by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2020 4:33 PM

the success of her con is partially attributable to the environment she was in. FOMO and being left behind by our new gilded age overlord made elderly elites desperate to get in on the Silicon Valley money by hooking up with the next Facebook/google/twitter/ whatever venture. Her shtick was just similar enough (new paradigm disruptive innovation) to make people think it could pay off big and just different enough (woman, not man in black turtleneck, Harvard, not Stanford dropout) to make people think they were clever enough to have discovered the next big thing.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2020 4:46 PM

You know the doddering old board directors still don't believe they were wrong by George Shultz' statement to one of the network news shows which was along the lines of "my grandson may have believed I sided with Holmes..." Yeah, well, Shultz had lawyers surprise his grandson at a family meeting and tried to coerce him to signing a statement backing off his Theranos claims. So yeah, that statement was such bullshit since it was clear as day Shultz completely sided with Holmes and Theranos against his grandson.

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2020 4:51 PM

^ Self important old patriarch, huge ego, probably can never admit to any mistakes, ever.

People like this can be easy marks for con men.

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2020 7:42 PM

R50 Here's a link to a DL thread that proves your point

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 15, 2020 2:26 PM

Every time Trump trots out those ridiculously overpriced piece of crap CORONA machines I think of this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 52May 15, 2020 2:30 PM

Her fake voice sounds exactly like Romy White ordering a businesswoman’s special!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 15, 2020 2:33 PM

R52 YES! If Holmes had just waited a few years to run her scam, she'd be at the forefront of the chase for a corona cure. She already has all the phony plastic machines that do nothing. OMG, she'd have those men in HHS eating out of her hands...or pussy.

by Anonymousreply 54May 15, 2020 2:51 PM

Trump with a crap test. What, no Trump Steaks free gift when you buy 10?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 15, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote] I think its a mistake to think her appeal was entirely sexual.

R37 I would believe that but some of these old guys just love being around young pussy. Here's Mattis last year cuddling up with the same bitch who helped bring down his peers -- Generals Petraeus and Allen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 15, 2020 4:07 PM

^^ 'young pussy' meaning 'younger than themselves'!

by Anonymousreply 57May 15, 2020 4:08 PM

Oh look R31, she's no longer wearing black turtlenecks every day! She said in the HBO documentary that she'd been wearing them since she was seven! LIAR!

by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2020 5:29 PM

R58 Yep, Elizabeth would never admit she was copying Steve Jobs although it was obvious. The documentary even pointed out that she adopted the way he crossed his legs when sitting, resting an ankle on the opposite knee. She was a pathological liar.

by Anonymousreply 59May 15, 2020 5:34 PM

Another thing I think she was copying was the no blinking thing...I just noticed in an interview yesterday that Elon Musk does the same thing. I believe she was copying him.

by Anonymousreply 60May 15, 2020 11:23 PM

She will walk and her boyfriend-at-the-time will pay some pitiful reparation. My question is where did the money come from for this scam? Was it government funding? With all the ex-government / ex-military on the board - raking in up to $100,000 annually just for sitting on the board - where did that money come from? If from government funding, shouldn't that money be repaid? It makes me sick that she's going to walk away from this...

by Anonymousreply 61May 20, 2020 7:16 AM

What 'old men' funded her? She funded them! Theranos was paying those old geezers on the board up to $100,000 annually. No, this bitch funded old men. I want to know who funded Theranos -- My guess: Government grants (our tax money). The 'old men' were all ex-politicians / ex-military looking to pad their pensions.

by Anonymousreply 62May 20, 2020 7:47 AM

Google is your friend:

- The Walton family, heirs to Walmart founder Sam Walton: $150 million

- News Corporation and 21st Century Fox executive chairman Rupert Murdoch: $121 million

- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and her family: $100 million

- The Cox family, a billionaire family from Atlanta: $100 million

- Mexican businessman Carlos Slim: $30 million

- Greek businessman Andreas Dracopoulos: $25 million

- The Oppenheimer family, a South African family that once owned De Beers: $20 million

- Former Bechtel Corp chairman Riley Bechtel: $6 million

- Attorney Daniel Mosley: $6 million

- Patriots owner Robert Kraft: $1 million

- Venture funds: $70 million

Let's just say that, if I had to make a list of the super-rich where I wouldn't lose any sleep if they lost $$$$$, it'd look a whole lot like the Theranos investor group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 20, 2020 8:58 AM

I recommend the podcast The Dropout. Engrossing stuff.

by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2020 9:34 AM

Won't those people put a fix in so at least this cunt does some time?

by Anonymousreply 65May 20, 2020 9:57 AM

I applaud her for robbing Betsy DeVos of $100 million. You GO girl!

by Anonymousreply 66May 20, 2020 11:26 AM

Her trial has been pushed back from July to October 27. This bitch is NEVER going to trial - she'll walk away from this and we'll see her again in ten years running another scam.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2020 12:04 PM

Perhaps some of the her big trophy men might be called as witnesses against her. Kissinger, Schultz, Mattis, Nunn, etc want this to go away to preserve their legacies.

God bless Tyler Schultz for blowing the lid off this thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 3, 2020 3:56 PM

Trial is postponed until 2021. This bitch is going to walk away from this and all the famous board members will put this scam in their rearview mirror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 21, 2020 10:10 PM

That's Joe Biden in the R68 picture...oh no.

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2020 1:57 PM

I bet she won't do jail time.

by Anonymousreply 71November 25, 2020 12:58 AM

OP sounds like a wall-eyed tankie.

by Anonymousreply 72November 25, 2020 1:13 AM

[quote]wall-eyed tankie.

huh??

by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2020 1:40 AM

Zero consequences. People like her don’t go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2020 1:42 AM

R3 Quackenbush's trial was supposed to start in Nov 2020. Not sure if it got delayed further due to Covid.

Meanwhile, her father opened up a restaurant called "Big Beaners". The apple falls close to the tree, and the rotten apple falls the closest.

Rumor has it that she had a baby last year.

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2020 2:26 AM

I hope her "wolf" dog is ok.

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2020 2:40 AM

R21- Hopefully they just replace J. Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2020 2:46 AM

R3 / R75 Please start a thread about Quackenbush. I'd like to know what that's about! But this thread is about whack-job Holmes and the con job she pulled on a over a dozen politically powerful men. Not one woman in the group...

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2020 3:29 AM

What a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 79November 25, 2020 3:30 AM

There's a few stories about her right now on Daily Mail.

R64, great podcast.

I always think of the man who committed suicide (I think he was the scientist). The damage that she could have done is so .. severe. I hope she sees real jail time, but yeah it's a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 80November 25, 2020 3:45 AM

R80 A scientist committed suicide over Theranos? Wow. I've only heard of people losing money. I need to check out the podcast.

by Anonymousreply 81November 25, 2020 3:49 AM

She's an attractive white woman - they literally get away with murder. She'll get a slap on the wrist.

by Anonymousreply 82November 25, 2020 3:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 25, 2020 3:58 AM

By the way in case any of you bitches want to keep track of the Katie Quackenbush case I mentioned above, here’s the online case record:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 25, 2020 5:24 AM

^^^ She shot someone in the stomach. Her father is a wealthy super lawyer. Despite all that she got out on $25,000 bond (!!!) and she’s been free to roam about for over three years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 25, 2020 5:27 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 25, 2020 6:28 AM

Thank you for the reminder! Tyler is gorgeous. I watched the documentary twice just to see that dazzling smile. Plus, he's the hero of the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 25, 2020 1:30 PM

Trial postponed AGAIN! This bitch will NEVER go to trial!

[quote]Ex-Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes’ federal fraud trial will now start in July 2021 due to another COVID-19-related delay, according to published reports. A new surge of coronavirus cases in California led Judge Edward Davila to postpone jury selection to July 13, the San Jose Mercury News and CNBC reported. Davila previously postponed the trial to March 2021.

[quote]Potential government witnesses in next year’s trial could include former U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis and former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who both served on Theranos’ board. Media titan Ruport Murdoch of News Corp. and The Wall Street Journal may testify about Theranos pressuring journalists not to publish negative news about the company.

by Anonymousreply 88December 23, 2020 6:49 PM

Trial postponed again! This time to August 31.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 14, 2021 2:56 PM

George Shulz died recently. It's a blessing that he and grandson Tyler reconciled. How tragic it would have been if he had died without making up with Tyler. That beautiful young man went through hell while that bitch Holmes tore his family apart.

by Anonymousreply 90March 14, 2021 7:51 PM

I knew she would get pregnant. It's the oldest trick in the book.

by Anonymousreply 91March 14, 2021 7:58 PM

Such a travesty of justice, r88, these trial delays.

by Anonymousreply 92March 14, 2021 8:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 30, 2021 8:32 PM

Seyfried’s voice isn’t deep enough. They’re going to have to do some audio editing.

by Anonymousreply 94March 30, 2021 8:43 PM

Who is George Schulz again?

by Anonymousreply 95March 30, 2021 8:44 PM

Chloe Fineman from SNL does a pretty good impersonation of psycho Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 96March 30, 2021 11:32 PM

George Schulz was a Secretary of State, Secretary of the Treasury, etc. etc. He, along with other powerful men fell for Holmes and sat on her board - Henry Kissinger, James Mattis, Sam Nunn. Tyler was George's grandson who worked for Holmes and exposed her scam. It drove a wedge in his family but George made amends prior to his death a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 97March 31, 2021 1:52 PM

Thank you, R97. I remember now. I loved the HBO documentary about this!

by Anonymousreply 98March 31, 2021 3:40 PM

r90 both were dirtbags. Reconcile? Are you insane? Both greedos and will burn.

by Anonymousreply 99May 4, 2021 8:00 AM

r97 Shulz will burn in Hell. You are wrong. Dirtbag. Hope they burned his toxic body. Stop the revisionism.

by Anonymousreply 100May 4, 2021 8:02 AM

Reagan = Holmes. Some of you fucking people are retarded.

by Anonymousreply 101May 4, 2021 8:03 AM

R99 You sound like a disturbed individual. And stupid to boot. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 102May 4, 2021 8:13 AM

R99 Sounds like you have strong opinions. May I ask why you think Tyler was / is a dirtbag?

by Anonymousreply 103May 4, 2021 12:57 PM

The journalist who exposed the Theranos scam predicts she will be convicted in August but will not serve much time. He also questions the timing of her pregnancy. Holmes will be a 'new mom' when she goes to trial. The jury will convict her but the judge will give her a lenient sentence because of the child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 9, 2021 1:23 PM

She will get wealthy white-woman punishment, but probably won't get to hang out and smoke up with Snoop after she gets out.

How she will monetize her repentance is of mild interest.

by Anonymousreply 105July 9, 2021 1:33 PM

Tyler is hot hot hot. Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 106September 12, 2021 9:32 AM

Gorgeous man, well-connected yet so approachable. Love his new podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 12, 2021 3:30 PM

According to the podcast, he had a roommate / surfer buddy - Rick Ramirez - after the Theranos debacle.

by Anonymousreply 108September 12, 2021 6:23 PM

[quote]Report: Biotech Firm Ripped Off Betsy DeVos For $100M

[quote]"Frm. Education Sec. DeVos was given false & misleading information before investing $100M into Elizabeth Holmes' company Theranos, a representative for the DeVos family office says."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 28, 2021 3:13 PM

[R14] capitolism pays paychecks stupid

by Anonymousreply 110October 28, 2021 3:37 PM

[quote]The funniest thing about Elizabeth Holmes in terms of how no one had any excuse for being fooled is that her bio said that as a child, she "developed a schematic for a time machine," and they just meant she drew a picture of one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 29, 2021 11:06 PM

General/Defense Secretary Jim Mattis was one of the first board members to testify at Holmes' trial. Wonder if they'll get Henry Kissinger to say a few words at the trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 1, 2021 11:21 PM

She testified on her own behalf last week. Can't wait to see how this plays out

by Anonymousreply 113November 21, 2021 3:56 PM

Her eyes are creepy cold

by Anonymousreply 114November 21, 2021 5:01 PM

A witness (scientist) from Pfizer testified that Pfizer declined on the Theranos invention. Apparently, Theranos / Holmes thereafter used the Pfizer name (representing that Pfizer did buy into the Theranos technology) when making a pitch to Walgreens (Walgreens did buy into Theranos).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2021 7:49 PM

R114 I agree! And those eyes seduced elderly white men to invest and join her board of directors. Very few women invested and I don't believe any joined the board. She must have possessed some kind of heterosexual pheremone that demanded positive response.

by Anonymousreply 116November 22, 2021 3:13 PM

She looks trans.

by Anonymousreply 117November 23, 2021 11:10 AM

Who will play her in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 118November 23, 2021 11:17 AM

[quote] The funniest thing about Elizabeth Holmes in terms of how no one had any excuse for being fooled is that her bio said that as a child, she "developed a schematic for a time machine," and they just meant she drew a picture of one.

I used to draw pictures of spaceships when I was a kid. Where are my billions?

by Anonymousreply 119November 23, 2021 11:33 AM

[quote]Who will play her in the movie?[quote]

I heard Jennifer Lawrence in a Netflix or Amazon movie.

by Anonymousreply 120November 23, 2021 10:07 PM

[quote]Separated by 10 feet and a see-through, anti-COVID barrier, Elizabeth Holmes faced off against federal prosecutor Robert Leach for six hours Tuesday as Leach sought to highlight her alleged lies about the failed blood-testing startup and emphasize her decision-making role at the firm — while also showcasing the affection between Holmes and the former company president she yesterday accused of sexually abusing and controlling her.

Taking the witness stand for the fifth day, Holmes was at times gruff, the frequent small smiles she gave while answering her lawyers’ questions largely absent as she fought back against allegations that she deceived investors, retaliated against whistleblowers and controlled her purported abuser and ex-lover, rather than the other way around.

Holmes also claimed she was raped during her first year at Stanford.

by Anonymousreply 121December 6, 2021 8:35 PM

She's testifying on her own behalf and trying very hard to become the victim...that her behavior was due to being dominated by Balwani and being raped as a freshman.

by Anonymousreply 122December 6, 2021 8:41 PM

There's another thread here if you guys want to post on this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 6, 2021 8:47 PM

Hmm. Sympathy for female victim? Or outrage at branding man of color as a predator? What will the jury decide.

by Anonymousreply 124December 6, 2021 8:47 PM

Sonny is now on trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 27, 2022 11:43 PM

She's back! Her attorney just filed papers to have her acquitted from the fraud charge, something about the jurors not understanding the finer details of the charge!

by Anonymousreply 126May 30, 2022 12:25 AM

A verdict is expected this week on her partner, Sunny Balwani. Probably both of these asswipes will walk before the end of the year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 21, 2022 8:42 PM

Guilty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 10, 2022 4:40 PM

They will both be given ankle bracelet sentences. They are too connected to get any kind of jail time.

by Anonymousreply 129July 10, 2022 7:01 PM

R112 He just married another start-up scammer. He must be attracted to them.

by Anonymousreply 130July 10, 2022 7:03 PM

number 2 bebe just happened!

by Anonymousreply 131March 22, 2023 2:28 AM

This whole story, is awful on so many levels. Horrific actually. So much greed and they didn't care if people died. I don't know how people can be so evil.

by Anonymousreply 132March 22, 2023 2:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!