Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anna Devane

Does she have early onset dementia?

That's the only thing that can possibly explain why her brain has suddenly taken leave of her body.

Former super-spy, my ass. What an embarrassment!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280May 6, 2020 3:51 AM

They've really dumbed her down...so disappointing and for what, this useless Peter character that should never have been if not for LW needing her boyfriend to have a steady job.

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2020 9:51 PM

Allegedly the love scenes WdV was referring to taping are with KT's Britt...interesting development.

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2020 10:08 PM

No idea who this is. Must be an acquired taste.

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2020 10:26 PM

Ryan Lavery (All My Children) is her cousin-in-law

As Ryan Lavery & Duke Lavery (Anna's former husband) are cousins.

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2020 10:33 PM

It’s beyond time to let Kelly Monaco go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2020 2:39 AM

Charlotte, Violet, Wiley, Jake, NuDanny and OldDanny, Rocco, Leo, Aiden, Avery, newborn Donna and various day players with only a line or two are superior to KeMo.

by Anonymousreply 6March 12, 2020 2:45 AM

I had honestly forgotten about Sam.

by Anonymousreply 7March 12, 2020 3:11 AM

Taggart and Sonny did NOT respect each other.

by Anonymousreply 8March 12, 2020 3:33 AM

They didn’t but GH gotta fill those episode minimums. I also think they’re faking his death and Sonny is in on it.

by Anonymousreply 9March 12, 2020 3:39 AM

[quote]Allegedly the love scenes WdV was referring to taping are with KT's Britt...interesting development.

Ooh! Maybe the Britch is playing Mata Hari in support of her bff Brad. Sleeping with the enemy is Spycraft 101.

by Anonymousreply 10March 12, 2020 4:42 AM

That scene with Sonny threatening Brad was ridiculous. When you consider all of the terrible things that Sonny himself has done and gotten away with it.

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2020 5:07 AM

FIRE EM ALL AND HIRE HOT YOUNG HUNKS

by Anonymousreply 12March 12, 2020 6:53 AM

Tying Anna to Peter really has dragged the character down the shitter. Really surprised the show hasn't undone this and make Alex into Peter's mother with those being the memories that Anna received from the memory transfer with Alex.

by Anonymousreply 13March 12, 2020 8:52 AM

They can still very easily film a scene where Alex tells Anna that she's Peter's real mother before they (hopefully) soon ship Peter off the show.

The show has written women as idiots for years now. Maxie used to actually be able to scheme, but they're now making her an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 14March 12, 2020 2:15 PM

The Cyrus actor needs to win that same Emmy the Mary Pat actress won last year, Best Special Guest Star or Best Villain or whatever it is.

Brook Lynn's "Ok Boomer" to Ned was cute.

by Anonymousreply 15March 12, 2020 8:11 PM

Are Brook Lynn and Uncle Sonny making goo goo eyes at each other or is it juste moi?

by Anonymousreply 16March 12, 2020 8:36 PM

They do have chemistry to burn, R16. I always thought Sonny and Olivia made sense together, and Brook Lynn is pretty much Olivia, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2020 9:12 PM

Would love a Sonny and Olivia repairing. I liked these two. Free Carly!

by Anonymousreply 18March 12, 2020 9:17 PM

They should create or recreate a role for Crystal Chappell, maybe Nu Lois?

by Anonymousreply 19March 12, 2020 9:21 PM

Crystal as a long lost Q. Wish they had given Tracy a worthy spawn/daughter like a Michelle Stafford or Rebecca Budig or something powerhouse equal to a Jane Elliot.

by Anonymousreply 20March 12, 2020 9:25 PM

[quote] They should create or recreate a role for Crystal Chappell,

It would have to be Maggie Carpenter (her former character from OLTL) and pair her up with Sonny or Mac

by Anonymousreply 21March 12, 2020 9:28 PM

...or Kristina's new love interest.

by Anonymousreply 22March 12, 2020 10:31 PM

I'd like to see Peter (Wes Ramsey) finally get caught, and then let go from GH, and if Laura Wright bitches about him being let go, then they should fire her too, and replace her with Gina Tognoni.

Others have said that they want Tamara Braun back in the roll as Carly, but I strongly disagree, because I don't think she is nowhere near as good of an actress Gina Tognoni.

by Anonymousreply 23March 12, 2020 10:36 PM

Tams back as Carly. Let Gina be a reimagined a Dr Sarah Weber. I’d hate to see her stuck with the decades of history and hypocrisy of the Carly character.

by Anonymousreply 24March 12, 2020 10:41 PM

May I add to the wishlist LW takes her mini me Eden with her who in turn links arms with creepy voiced Dev actor and drags him along too.

by Anonymousreply 25March 12, 2020 10:45 PM

Tamara is an extremely weak actress compared to Gina, so for me, a big No on that.

by Anonymousreply 26March 12, 2020 10:47 PM

Besides that, Gina tends to have chemistry with just about anyone, so they can easily split her and Sonny up and she could end up with someone else, and more than likely have chemistry with them.

by Anonymousreply 27March 12, 2020 10:49 PM

Tamara has chemistry with everyone especially Sonny, Jason, Jax... Gina seemed asexual on one life she struggled to click with all the men they tested her with. Can’t see her and Mo being a hot pairing.

by Anonymousreply 28March 12, 2020 11:22 PM

Wes was let go last year around the time the Shiloh actor was but LW threw a fit. They were clearly ready to write him out. I haven’t liked Carly since Tamara played her. The character shouldn’t have lasted this long.

by Anonymousreply 29March 12, 2020 11:22 PM

Show would have been wise to jettison Peter character and bring back Coby Ryan McLaughlin as a new character.

by Anonymousreply 30March 12, 2020 11:42 PM

Peter is one of the worst GH characters of all time.

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2020 12:02 AM

I’m excited for the new Audrey March to arrive and for her storyline with Monica! I love Leslie Charleson!!!

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2020 12:07 AM

The NuNik actor resembles Shiloh and has a similarly jerky personality, enough that he could have been brought on as his brother, looking for revenge or to make a claim, etc. I think he's been an abject failure as Nik, though. He makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2020 12:32 AM

Agree NuNik is a dud. I can't believe MW had to kiss 20+ actors who auditioned and this is the winner? I see no chemistry whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2020 12:42 AM

Show seems to be aware that NuNik is a dud. They're not giving him much airtime. I mean, he's now married to Ava Jerome. So many story possibilities there. You'd think he'd be front and center. But he's not. Nik hasn't even had a scene at the Wyndermere set since it was revealed Valentin isn't a Cassadine.

by Anonymousreply 35March 13, 2020 12:58 AM

I don’t mind him when he’s onscreen. It seems like they’re going into a different direction which is going for Niz again. They haven’t given him much to work with though.

by Anonymousreply 36March 13, 2020 1:09 AM

NuAudrey will be much more successful than NuNik.

by Anonymousreply 37March 13, 2020 1:14 AM

Schoche Marin's dirty Depends will be more successful than NuNik.

by Anonymousreply 38March 13, 2020 5:23 AM

Well at least Britt and Julian looked like there were having fun as they hit the sheets unlike the recent painfully awkward scenes between Jax/Nina and Alexis/Neil.

by Anonymousreply 39March 13, 2020 7:18 PM

Interrupted by Trump speech!

Wonder if they'll do a rebroadcast overnight.

by Anonymousreply 40March 13, 2020 7:49 PM

Coby Ryan McLaughlin should've been NuNick.

by Anonymousreply 41March 13, 2020 8:54 PM

GH suspends production effective 3/16 thru 4/10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2020 8:57 PM

"Schoche Marin's dirty Depends will be more successful than NuNik."

Truer words.

by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2020 9:21 PM

That was a surprise with Harmony. Writers have really upped their game with surprises lately.

I wish Vinessa Antoine was still playing Jordan, this story would have much more fire to it. Is Vinessa's Canadian show still on the air? If not, any chance she might pull a Burton on Brianna and reclaim her role? I actually feel kind of bad saying that as I've seen Brianna in interviews and she seems lovely.

by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2020 9:23 PM

Vinessa seems pretty bitter in how she was treated. They wouldn’t let her take the time to do the Canadian show like have others. She was disappointed it wasn’t her wedding. She referred to GH as Generally White Hospital. The was an interview where she said this and seems happy at the new show but also seems to miss her character.

by Anonymousreply 45March 13, 2020 10:15 PM

I didn't know Vinessa departure was unpleasant. The current actress is not a strong enough talent to carry this story line. They should have recast her with the actress now playing Trina's mother....why can't Casting Dept get these simple things right.

Spoilers say "Britt tears into Nik" next week. Let's see if he can at least deliver with KT...but I doubt it...I'm over him...did Frank keep the receipt, can we return him to the Recast Store.

by Anonymousreply 46March 13, 2020 11:11 PM

VA said the joke is GH is referred to as Generally White Hospital. She won’t be back. I don’t understand why Chloe Lanier can announce her departure, never leave and then come and go as she pleases but VA couldn’t for a few months. I like Brianna but she isn’t the right fit for Jordan. I think she tries to appear older by looking serious all the time. But she’s too young and has no chemistry with DT. They did her a disservice but immediately throwing her into the Jordan/Curtis wedding. She should’ve chem tested with others. She would’ve been a perfect Gia or Maya recast. I think she’s doing well in this storyline though. Her scenes with the Cyrus actor are good.

Is the Harmony actress on contract?

by Anonymousreply 47March 14, 2020 12:37 AM

I was catching up via Hulu. I want more Julian and Valentin scenes. They're the two hottest guys on the show!

by Anonymousreply 48March 14, 2020 1:48 AM

Never forget.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 14, 2020 5:14 AM

by Anonymousreply 50March 14, 2020 1:56 PM

Am enjoying seeing Britt back in town. I'd forgotten how much Britt and Brad sparkled together.

by Anonymousreply 51March 15, 2020 3:05 PM

Brad who?

by Anonymousreply 52March 15, 2020 10:46 PM

Ava looking gorgeous.

NuNik is just too low key and low energy, he's one step above KeMo level lethargy.

The previews for tomorrow seem to answer what Brando is up to...

I wish KT would stick around.

by Anonymousreply 53March 16, 2020 7:08 PM

I don’t like Nu Nik we need Tyler back or a better recast. More of a strong presence. What’s Tom Pelphrey up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 54March 16, 2020 7:37 PM

Preempted by Trump again. Check your local affiliates for possible overnight rebroadcasts. They don't always show up on the official listings, so you may have to set your DVR manually.

by Anonymousreply 55March 16, 2020 8:16 PM

From ABC7 Chicago:

Due to an ABC News Special Report on President Trump's press briefing with the Coronavirus Task Force, "General Hospital" will air at 12:05 a.m.

by Anonymousreply 56March 16, 2020 9:17 PM

They don’t give NuNik anything to do. He should be working more with Genie. Not interested in having Tyler back.

by Anonymousreply 57March 17, 2020 2:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 17, 2020 2:47 AM

I don't think Jordan is long for this world.

Still can't figure out what Brando's deal is....he does however need to grow his beard back along with Chase and Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 59March 17, 2020 7:53 PM

I don't care what Portia says, you know Curtis is Trina's father.

by Anonymousreply 60March 19, 2020 12:39 AM

I agree r60.

by Anonymousreply 61March 19, 2020 12:42 AM

I think Harmony will be bumped off before Jordan is.

by Anonymousreply 62March 19, 2020 5:03 AM

Harmony will probably get a redemptive death right after her deathbed confession that Willow is actually her adopted daughter.

by Anonymousreply 63March 19, 2020 1:11 PM

Can someone tell me how Shearoun Stiegele is handling the shutting down of the GH set? She must be so devastated because she has invested so much of herself in re-creating the legendary Audrey March (Hardy). I just hope that Shearoun is practicing social distancing. I have been on the edge of my seat waiting for her scenes with Leslie Charleson’s Monica

by Anonymousreply 64March 19, 2020 1:32 PM

No idea who this is

by Anonymousreply 65March 19, 2020 1:35 PM

I had no idea this was the new thread. Thanks to whomever put a link in the old thread.

R28

You are so wrong about Gina T. being asexual. She was FIYAH on GL and YR. She is a brilliantly talented actress & I'd love to see her soaps again but GH has to get rid of 8-10 people before anyone is added. I'd get rid of Peter, Sasha, Nina, Valentin, Gladys, Brando, Dev, Jordan & Willow.

by Anonymousreply 66March 19, 2020 6:20 PM

R35

The reason we haven't seen much of Nik & Ava is because the cast is so fucking huge. Right now it's 24/7 MoB shit & Michael,Wiley,Willow,Sasha horseshit.

R36

They are not going with Nikolas & Liz again. It's so obvious that Nik & Ava are going to mess with the Franco/Liz marriage to try & invoke the postnup. Franco/Liz are shown as the most in love & devoted couple on the show. This is going to be a Nik/Ava story of them going from antagonists to frenemies to love match.

by Anonymousreply 67March 19, 2020 6:29 PM

Donnell & Brook have more chemistry just conversing at a table than he has had in any scene with nuJordan. If GH had 2 brain cells to rub together they'd kill off Jordan & ultimately pair up Curtis & Portia. And for all things holy do a Who Killed Peter story. The list of characters with motives is long. The viewers hate him & his very being is damaging the iconic Anna.

by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2020 6:38 PM

Whitney Russell has not aged one day since she was on Passions.

by Anonymousreply 69March 19, 2020 6:41 PM

Clint Buchanan commenting on The Invader article, lol.

by Anonymousreply 70March 19, 2020 8:49 PM

Brando got his inaugural shirtless scene and is now a fraternity brother of Nathan and Chase. Is Michael a fraternity member...I don't pay enough attention to him to have noticed.

by Anonymousreply 71March 19, 2020 8:53 PM

I thought Kirsten Storms was looking better today.

by Anonymousreply 72March 19, 2020 8:55 PM

Chloe Lanier suspects she has the virus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 19, 2020 9:12 PM

R72

You need your eyes checked. KSt looks like shit. She's fat. Her hair is awful and her face is a bloated mess.

by Anonymousreply 74March 19, 2020 9:19 PM

I thought she looked a little slimmer. Maybe I was just grateful to be watching something other than a Coronavirus news conference, though.

by Anonymousreply 75March 19, 2020 11:08 PM

Whatever happened to MEK, did he decide the fast paced taping schedule of soaps nowadays is too much for him or what?

by Anonymousreply 76March 20, 2020 12:28 AM

Now that he doesn't have the Cassadine money, maybe Valentin can't afford to pay Tad Martin Grey.

by Anonymousreply 77March 20, 2020 12:52 AM

Looks like we're not going to get more Scorpio/Dr O jail scenes that looked like they were going to happen last week.

Too bad. The writers wouldn't have needed to write anything. They could have just let those 2 talents improvise a scene and it would have been better than what the writers could come up with.

by Anonymousreply 78March 20, 2020 12:59 PM

Does anyone know the first airdate of nuNurse Audrey March (Hardy) played by Shearoun Stiegele? I’ve been elated by this news ever since I heard she would be going toe to toe with Monica

by Anonymousreply 79March 20, 2020 1:08 PM

Hey GH fans - You've said that you're sick of the teen storylines. So, when production returns, stay tuned for an exciting new story line where nuAudrey and Monica fight for Mike's love in a new triangle set in the under quarantine nursing home for these at-risk virus characters. Viewers will love to see characters in self isolation while they're in self isolation!

by Anonymousreply 80March 20, 2020 4:44 PM

I'm glad they're moving Cameron away from Joss.

by Anonymousreply 81March 20, 2020 5:46 PM

Georgie Jr. resembles Georgie Sr.

by Anonymousreply 82March 20, 2020 6:10 PM

Did anyone else think that was Alex in those ending scenes with Willow? It was glaring to me that she was very different. Or is it wishful thinking?

by Anonymousreply 83March 20, 2020 7:28 PM

R83 I haven't watched yet, because I watch at night on hulu, but I wish they had never given Fiona a duel role. I love her and she is a great actress, but for whatever reason she doesn't seem able to play two characters convincingly. To me the gold standard of an actor playing two roles, not personalities, but two fully formed separate individuals is David Canary on AMC. I absolutely loved both Adam and Stuart and believed in them being two filly formed and separate characters, I've never felt the same with Anna and Alex.

by Anonymousreply 84March 20, 2020 8:46 PM

r79

didn't she succumb to the COVID like the new Katherine on Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 85March 20, 2020 8:49 PM

R84

Finola was able to play both Alex & Anna very convincingly on AMC. I adored Alex & Dimitri on AMC and of course Anna & David.

Sadly they turned Alex into a semi bad/gary character towards the end of her AMC and now she's written as a full on villain.

by Anonymousreply 86March 20, 2020 9:37 PM

R84

Canary was great in a dual role. Anne Heche from AW was equally as great playing Vicky & Marley. Those 2 are the Gold Standard. imo.

by Anonymousreply 87March 20, 2020 9:39 PM

Mike dies next week

by Anonymousreply 88March 20, 2020 9:42 PM

r87

I thought Martha Byrne did a good job as well

by Anonymousreply 89March 20, 2020 9:54 PM

I think we are seeing Alex.

And did Chloe L get GH shut down?

by Anonymousreply 90March 20, 2020 9:58 PM

R87 I heard that about Anne Heche, but I never saw her because we didn't watch AW.

by Anonymousreply 91March 20, 2020 10:30 PM

R86 Even on AMC, while I liked her and Dimitri, I never felt like Alex was her own character, just Anna with a different name and later a slightly dark side. With Adam and Stuart, they were completely different fully formed characters.

by Anonymousreply 92March 20, 2020 10:35 PM

As r87 said , Anne Heche was fantastic in the dual role of Vickey and Marley. She was so good even with the sound turned down, I could tell which character she was portraying just simply by the body language.

by Anonymousreply 93March 20, 2020 10:49 PM

I'd like to add Jon Lindstrom to the list of actors who play dual roles well and with nuance. Also, he was robbed of an Emmy last year by sputtering MB.

by Anonymousreply 94March 20, 2020 10:50 PM

^^^Edit: "sputtering, CUE CARD READING, MB"

by Anonymousreply 95March 20, 2020 11:07 PM

I think Valentin and Lucy will be fun together. I like that the writers are trying to mix it up with scene partners.

by Anonymousreply 96March 20, 2020 11:14 PM

R93

Heche was mind blowing as Vicky/Marley. Even if you took away the different style of dress, different makeup style & the different way they spoke I swear I'd be able to tell who was who if they just did a close up of nothing but her eyes.

It was the damndest thing I've ever seen how different she could make her eyes look. Confident & fiery for Vicky and soft & timid as Marley.

by Anonymousreply 97March 20, 2020 11:39 PM

R94 And Mo will get another one for the Mike death story.

by Anonymousreply 98March 21, 2020 12:00 AM

I totally think it's Alex. Even her voice was slightly different and the way she was drinking Now if Anna is being held somewhere AGAIN isn't she kind of sucky agent to get kidnapped so many times?

Well, we now know Valentine's next story and of course Michael and Willow will fall in love.

I just can't stand Brook Lynn or however the hell her name is spelled. What a fuck up spoiled brat given chance after chance from her rich family.

by Anonymousreply 99March 21, 2020 12:04 AM

Speculation is that since her hair was curled it's Alex as Anna only wears her hair straight...I don't know, never noticed this. I do however hope it is Alex and she takes her repellent son and goes back to England or Russia or where ever Dimitri Marick is and is never heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 100March 21, 2020 12:11 AM

Michael E. Knight as Tad Martin and Ted Orsini was the worst Michael did at playing look-alikes on All My Children.

by Anonymousreply 101March 21, 2020 12:42 AM

I bet MW would be great at playing a dual role.

by Anonymousreply 102March 21, 2020 12:47 AM

[quote]CUE CARD READING, MB

GH can still afford prompting services?

by Anonymousreply 103March 21, 2020 12:51 AM

Anne Heche: as an individual, she's crazy as a loon; but she's a terrific actress. I could list a number of film and tv performances. Maybe one is necessary for the other?

by Anonymousreply 104March 21, 2020 1:46 AM

I keep hoping David Hayward will come to Port Charles to visit his ex wife. He would fit in nicely.

by Anonymousreply 105March 21, 2020 2:58 PM

So, if Anna was really Alex, wouldn't she have been glad to get that finicky aspie Finn with his lizard and his new brat out from underfoot?

by Anonymousreply 106March 22, 2020 8:03 AM

Then he would suspect she's not Anna. I believe that is not Anna.

by Anonymousreply 107March 23, 2020 2:32 AM

[quote] I keep hoping David Hayward will come to Port Charles to visit his ex wife. He would fit in nicely.

What about her cousin-in-law Ryan Lavery?

by Anonymousreply 108March 23, 2020 2:34 AM

R108, he has the cancer.

by Anonymousreply 109March 23, 2020 3:15 AM

Jason shoving away the bowl of moss on the counter top was funny.

by Anonymousreply 110March 23, 2020 6:07 PM

Britt working at the hospital, calling Nik "Your Highness" and Liz "Nurse Perfect", I love it!

by Anonymousreply 111March 23, 2020 6:52 PM

Any Anna or fake Anna scenes? Any doctor O?

by Anonymousreply 112March 23, 2020 8:18 PM

No Dr. O scenes today. Whoever she is , she had Anna/Peter, Anna/Finn, Anna/Finn/Violet scenes today.

by Anonymousreply 113March 23, 2020 8:31 PM

R111

Britt is good in small doses but it's ludicrous that she got her medical license back & got her old job back. I mean come on!

by Anonymousreply 114March 23, 2020 9:23 PM

Britt needs to be back for a while. I never even used to like her all that much, but she is a welcome sight after the past few unspeakably boring years.

Love to know the inside scoop on why she and Bryan Craig suddenly ended their engagement.

by Anonymousreply 115March 23, 2020 9:31 PM

^^^^^

KT is older than BC so I imagine she grew tired of him being an asshole. We have a lot of info about him being a Grade A shithead. Just imagine what we don't know.

We know he threatened to break a fan's fingers. We know his Mom is just as big an asshole because she would get in fights on Twitter. We know he threatened to do bodily harm to a director.BC was under contract, took money & then refused to show up. The director sued him for breach of contract. BC was also threatening him, showing up at his home , parking and watching him at all days & nights.

The director took out a protective order & sued BC.

by Anonymousreply 116March 23, 2020 10:28 PM

R116 That doesn't sound like just being a shithead, he sounds like he has mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 117March 23, 2020 10:36 PM

He sounds like someone messed with his meds...

by Anonymousreply 118March 23, 2020 11:14 PM

BC is just like Morgan! And his mom is Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 119March 23, 2020 11:22 PM

Nik Manuel-Miranda is still too blah for my liking.

He was a little better in his restaurant scene with Ava today but not enough for me to upgrade his rating.

by Anonymousreply 120March 23, 2020 11:52 PM

Thanks R113!

by Anonymousreply 121March 24, 2020 12:07 AM

[quote]Nik Manuel-Miranda

LOL!! Very clever.

by Anonymousreply 122March 24, 2020 11:49 AM

This thread has been unusually quiet today. Has it been Murieled? If so, is there a new GH thread?

by Anonymousreply 123March 25, 2020 4:52 AM

[quote]This thread has been unusually quiet today. Has it been Murieled? If so, is there a new GH thread?

Not yet! That generally kicks in right around the point where the post ratio goes over 8-9 posts per poster, or thereabouts. We're hovering near 5...

I've been running behind on the show because it keeps getting preempted by breaking news or press conferences related to COVID, I imagine that may be the case for others, too.

by Anonymousreply 124March 25, 2020 5:51 AM

In LA, Trump's conference cut in halfway thru the second final scene. Anyone fill in on what happened in the final scene

by Anonymousreply 125March 25, 2020 6:36 AM

R125

Ned fired Brooklyn. She begged & pleaded but he stood firm. She got really pissed and called Valentin & told him she changed her mind and would sell him her ELQ stock

Something happened with Wiley off camera because we saw Michael running down the stairs shouting he was pulling the car around & they had to get Wiley to the ER.

Nina & Nelle spared the entire show with Nina refusing to give her a job. At the end Nina had a flash back of a conversation she had with Maxie about Wiley needing protection from Nelle. Nina offered her the job as her assistant I guess to get dirt on her.

Jordan explained how she fabricated evidence to put Cyrus in prison. She said Cyrus would hurt TJ more if she didn't get Cyrus released. She decided to come forward & confess because it's the only way to get him released.

by Anonymousreply 126March 25, 2020 10:48 AM

The name "Wiley" irrationally annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 127March 25, 2020 9:23 PM

I always think of Wiley Coyote! Who always got his ass handed to him by the Roadrunner. Beep beep

by Anonymousreply 128March 25, 2020 9:47 PM

Nothing will ever make Michael interesting. His storyline is torture.

by Anonymousreply 129March 25, 2020 10:40 PM

r125 KABC Channel 7 in Los Angeles ended up re-airing Tuesday's episode at 2:05 a.m. on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Even thought Trump only interrupted 15 minutes, they aired the entire episode. Bravo Channel 7!

2:05 a.m. is when they routinely run preempted episodes. So, I suggest just automatically setting your DVR to record at that time whenever GH is preempted or interrupted.

by Anonymousreply 130March 25, 2020 10:51 PM

Michael needs to stop kidding and start hooking up with guys. He has only been interesting when he was a devious kid or angry at the Corinthos clan. Never has had chemistry with ANY female love interest.

by Anonymousreply 131March 26, 2020 3:19 AM

Michael was interesting when he was angry with Sonny and Carly because of AJ's death. Michael being upset with Sonny for the murder of AJ could have driven story for years, but they ended it so abruptly. I'm not sure why.

And now that I think about it, why wasn't Jason pissed off that Sonny shot AJ? And why didn't they go with Jason/Ava? The actors had chemistry. All of these things are just filled with drama and conflict.

by Anonymousreply 132March 26, 2020 3:32 AM

Mo got the Michael Q story dropped. And even SBu and MW agreed they should’ve gone with Jason and Ava. Instead we’re stuck with Jasam - again - despite Kelly’s issues.

by Anonymousreply 133March 26, 2020 4:06 AM

[quote]Mo got the Michael Q story dropped

Why? What actor would want a meaty story like that dropped?

by Anonymousreply 134March 26, 2020 4:16 AM

r134 Apparently Maurice Benard thinks everyone should love Sonny. And he felt that should begin at home with Sonny's entire family adoring him. He felt uncomfortable with the Michael being at odds with Sonny for killing AJ storyline and got it quashed. Potentially great storyline dropped for an actor's ego.

by Anonymousreply 135March 26, 2020 4:28 AM

Agreed, R128. I can't help but think, "Wile E. Coyote, SUPER genius" whenever someone says Wiley's name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 26, 2020 5:47 AM

R126 Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 137March 26, 2020 5:51 AM

Refusing to give permission to fix your child’s heart defect can’t look good to a judge, Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 138March 26, 2020 4:58 PM

when is nuAudrey debuting?

by Anonymousreply 139March 26, 2020 6:10 PM

Mark you calendars:

April 7th, a very special Snarly centric episode.

Sonny and Ava had their very special episodes, I guess it was only a matter of time til we had a shouting banshee episode.

by Anonymousreply 140March 26, 2020 7:51 PM

No one asked for this.

by Anonymousreply 141March 26, 2020 8:03 PM

I'd rather see the bowl of moss give a monologue.

by Anonymousreply 142March 26, 2020 8:55 PM

They’re going to recreate flashbacks with LW taking the places of Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun.

by Anonymousreply 143March 26, 2020 11:32 PM

What about me? I was a Carly once!

by Anonymousreply 144March 27, 2020 12:43 AM

GH has climbed to second in demos, below B&B and above Y&R. In actual viewers they increased 365,000 week-to-week and 130,000 compared to the same week last year, for number three in viewers.

by Anonymousreply 145March 27, 2020 12:49 AM

Honestly, Bransford wasn’t given a fair shot. And she was brilliant as crazy Carly. I truly believe that sabotage story.

by Anonymousreply 146March 27, 2020 1:48 AM

I don't understand why Sonny doesn't just put a hit out on Nelle. He's supposed to be this big mobster and he can't fight one sociopath woman who's done so much against his family and now might kill his grandson. WTF

by Anonymousreply 147March 27, 2020 2:21 AM

Today's episode makes it clear that Michael and Willow will marry, to save Wiley from Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 148March 27, 2020 2:26 AM

I don't care what Michael have to do. I just want Nelle gone. I hate her more than I hate Sonny and I really hate Sonny. We can all guess that Michael and Willow will fall in love and Chase and what's her face, the fake Nina daughter, will either fall for each other too or be left out in the cold. Both are so boring, get rid of both of them is my choice.

by Anonymousreply 149March 27, 2020 3:00 AM

when is nu Audrey March Sharoun Stiegele debuting? inquiring minds must know so that we can prep our popcorn

by Anonymousreply 150March 27, 2020 3:01 AM

CW said in an interview that her daughter reveal will be a "shock". At this point neither Willow or Nelle will be a shock. Only thing I can think would be a shock is if maybe they are both her daughters, fraternal twins separated at birth or some soap nonsense. Or maybe CW was just doing her job and stirring up interest where none is warranted.

Also, CW is kind of growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 151March 27, 2020 3:14 AM

It’s going to be Nelle which will give us Nina vs Carly.

by Anonymousreply 152March 27, 2020 4:33 AM

I guess that's why Frank Benson was OK with selling her body parts for spare change, she wasn't really his kid anyway!

by Anonymousreply 153March 27, 2020 4:51 AM

Wasn't the original story going to be that Nelle was Carly's kid?

by Anonymousreply 154March 27, 2020 5:14 AM

Cynthia Watros has made Nina her own. Took about six months, but Cynthia owns the role now in my mind.

Yes, I agree, they seem to be leading up to a reveal that Janelle is really Nina's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 155March 27, 2020 10:39 AM

LA Mayor Eric Garcetti says he expects the "safer-at-home" lockdown in LA to last into May.

GH doesn't have enough new shows in the can to last that long. What do you think they're going to do? Air repeats? Air Coronavirus related news? Flat out cancel GH?

by Anonymousreply 156March 27, 2020 10:41 AM

They should show the "Best of Guza" years when they run out of current shows and they everyone can see what a good show looks like.

by Anonymousreply 157March 27, 2020 1:57 PM

They’ll just run the Sonny collection on repeat

by Anonymousreply 158March 27, 2020 2:02 PM

R157

Guza/Pratt/JFP were horrific.. Their adulation of Sonny/Jason/Carly got us to where we are today.

by Anonymousreply 159March 27, 2020 3:51 PM

Did ABC regain the rights to AMC/OLTL? If so, just rerun classic episodes from those soaps and they will not only retain their audience in that time slot but most likely increase viewership.

by Anonymousreply 160March 27, 2020 3:54 PM

R160

That's a great idea. In the UK they are staggering their soaps to extend what has been already filmed. Their soaps will now air 3 times a week. The other 2 days they are airing classic episode. Not just random episodes but particular storylines

by Anonymousreply 161March 27, 2020 4:28 PM

R160 They should have put them on instead of the coronavirus show at 1:00. We don't need it. You can get Covid-19 info everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 162March 27, 2020 4:33 PM

R146 What's the sabotage story?

by Anonymousreply 163March 27, 2020 6:40 PM

R159 I agree. They also minimized the Quartermaine and Cassadine families, who are the highlights of the show for me.

by Anonymousreply 164March 27, 2020 6:46 PM

They really are mixing it up with Britt, now she thinks Neil looks familiar....between Julian and Neil she could have the older daddy of her choice. Hope this means she is staying.

by Anonymousreply 165March 27, 2020 6:48 PM

Soaps in Quarantine hosted by NLG and some guy. Guests: JPS and The Staff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 27, 2020 9:33 PM

R166

Kaore is Nancy's best friend.

by Anonymousreply 167March 27, 2020 9:39 PM

R163 Basically, TPTB wanted LW all along but because TB proved a popular recast they were worried the audience wouldn’t accept her right away. So they brought in JB, knowing they weren’t going to keep her around, to make the transition to LW easier.

by Anonymousreply 168March 27, 2020 10:20 PM

r168 Get your facts straight!

Tamara Braun left the role of Carly in April 2005. Laura Wright's contract with GL didn't even end until Oct 2005. She was NOT originally a contender for the role when Braun left.

It was only because Jennifer Bransford wasn't working out that GH started pondering whether to write off Carly or recast the part. In the meantime, JFP had taken a meeting with Laura Wright in early fall 2005 to see if there was interest in her jumping ship from GL to GH. It's not unusual for actors to meet with other shows when their contracts are almost up. It gives them more leverage in contract negotiations.

JFP indicated they would love to have her at GH, but didn't mention any particular role to Wright. As a matter of fact, I don't think Laura Wright even knew what role they were giving her until after she'd signed the contract. She made a comment to the press at the time she started playing Carly indicating she was flabbergasted to learn that was the role they were giving her.

Incidentally, Laura Wright's last air date as Cassie on GL was Nov 3, 2005. Her first airdate as Carly on GH was Nov 4, 2005.

by Anonymousreply 169March 28, 2020 2:13 AM

Calm down, R169... I’m only repeating some of the rumors and stories I’ve read over the years that Bransford was a placeholder until Laura was available. But I refuse to believe Laura signed a whole contract without knowing what role she was going to play. Quite frankly, they were both miscast.

by Anonymousreply 170March 28, 2020 2:49 AM

You know. R169's story kind of backs up R168

"Tamara Braun left the role of Carly in April 2005. Laura Wright's contract with GL didn't even end until Oct 2005.

They wanted LW but knew that had to wait until at least Oct 2005, so hired JB in the meantime. I have no idea, I don't really care, but it is plausible.

by Anonymousreply 171March 28, 2020 3:19 AM

LW and JB were miscast as Carly. After TB left not many could have filled her shoes. CArly should have gone missing for a year plus and then TB could return or maybe SJB would have wanted to come back at this time. Or a Gina T would have made a great Carly!!!

by Anonymousreply 172March 28, 2020 4:24 AM

Once again, I live in LA and the last segment was cut off because of that POS "fake" orange POTUS. What happened in the last scene between Carly and Nelle?

by Anonymousreply 173March 28, 2020 7:26 AM

Carly locked the roof door so Nelle couldn't get back in the hospital r173 because she was refusing to sign the paperwork to allow baby Wiley to have surgery performed on his heart.

by Anonymousreply 174March 28, 2020 7:35 AM

R169

JFP could not have spoken to LW about coming to GH 9 months before the end of LW's GL contract. Union rules state you're not allowed to talk more than 3 months ahead.

by Anonymousreply 175March 28, 2020 12:21 PM

The Lizard community does its part to stop the spread of COVID19!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 28, 2020 9:11 PM

NLG is such a cunt to be talking about John Callahan. He hasn't even been dead 24 hours and his daughter could read read what she tweeted.

by Anonymousreply 177March 29, 2020 6:30 AM

Link?

by Anonymousreply 178March 29, 2020 6:54 AM

Whatever she tweeted, she deleted it, and acknowledged as much. I'm very curious what she had to say.

by Anonymousreply 179March 29, 2020 1:41 PM

from the john callahan is dead to me thread

NLG’s statement:

While I worked with John and am sad about his passing, I also mourn the many atmosphere players who confidided in me that he exposed himself to them and when I reported it, NO ONE DID ANYTHING. Some will say now is not a good time. I will argue it’s never a good time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 29, 2020 2:03 PM

Yikes. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 181March 29, 2020 2:12 PM

While I like her character on GH, NLG seems like a an unfun Bitch in real life.

by Anonymousreply 182March 29, 2020 5:39 PM

[quote] NLG is such a cunt

when has this ever NOT been the case?

by Anonymousreply 183March 29, 2020 5:41 PM

She is way too full of herself and her own opinions. There is a time and place for her comments. It isn't right after he dies.

by Anonymousreply 184March 29, 2020 5:59 PM

Guza has many, many faults but he deserves the credit for bringing the Cassadine family back to the show. That was him running with Genie’s idea.

by Anonymousreply 185March 29, 2020 6:08 PM

Nancy has to make everything about herself. The man hadn't even been dead 8 hours & she's tweeting that knowing he has a teenage daughter. People started ragging on her for saying she should think about his daughter. She tweeted back, I did. What in the holy fuck?

It was such grandstanding because it wasn't her story to tell. She wasn't the alleged victim. She should've just sat there & shut up or log the fuck off. If she felt she had to expose it (eye roll) then have the balls to do it while he was alive.

I have side eyed the fuck out of her since her comments about Viola. Now there's no denying that she's just a straight up cunt.

by Anonymousreply 186March 29, 2020 8:21 PM

Alexis should be killed off! She’s no longer the character she once was. Money better spent elsewhere. NLG has proven time and time again to be problematic she needs to go! If it was a male making questionable remarks in the same way he’d have been cancelled. Not right. Drop her and all the idiot Davis girls!!!

by Anonymousreply 187March 29, 2020 9:25 PM

Doesn’t Mike die next week?

by Anonymousreply 188March 29, 2020 9:28 PM

R187

Have you seen Ingo's Twitter feed?

by Anonymousreply 189March 30, 2020 12:38 AM

His IG stories are even worse

by Anonymousreply 190March 30, 2020 1:55 AM

[quote]LW and JB were miscast as Carly.

We can thank JFP and Brian Frons for that. Neither are terribly good at casting the right person for the role, especially when its a recast.

by Anonymousreply 191March 30, 2020 10:06 AM

If the keep NLG, just make her a talk to. She doesn’t need a storyline at this point.

by Anonymousreply 192March 30, 2020 4:10 PM

I've never been into teen stories. I can count the ones I've been into on one hand ( Liz/Lucky/Nikolas/Emily, Phillip/Beth/Rick/Mindy, and Jesse/Angie/Jenny/Greg)

GH has something really special with the actors who play Cameron & Trina.

by Anonymousreply 193March 31, 2020 12:31 AM

So Taggert is alive, right?

by Anonymousreply 194March 31, 2020 12:55 AM

[quote]GH has something really special with the actors who play Cameron & Trina.

I agree. They're miles above Eden McCoy who plays Joss

by Anonymousreply 195March 31, 2020 12:58 AM

Y&R announces it will start airing classic episodes until they can starting taping new episodes again.

How long before GH follows suit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 31, 2020 1:08 AM

I'm pretty sure of it, R194. As soon as Jordan made that phone call I said to myself, Taggert is alive. Poor Trina will need a shink by the time this is over.

by Anonymousreply 197March 31, 2020 3:09 AM

R166 I'd like to quarantine with JPS!

by Anonymousreply 198March 31, 2020 9:32 AM

Trina’s mom all chummy with CarSon and that bowl of moss while snubbing Ava. Friggin’ hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 199March 31, 2020 7:30 PM

R199 Especially, when we know how Taggert felt about Sonny, unless she knows that he is really alive and is grateful to Sonny for assisting or Taggert asked her to keep an eye on Sonny for him.

by Anonymousreply 200March 31, 2020 7:39 PM

[quote] Did ABC regain the rights to AMC/OLTL? If so, just rerun classic episodes from those soaps and they will not only retain their audience in that time slot but most likely increase viewership.

Some old episodes posted on YouTube haven't cracked 10K views yet.

When Another World re-ran on Soapnet it didn't even get a 0.1 rating point.

by Anonymousreply 201March 31, 2020 7:43 PM

R201 Part of the problem with watching them on Youtube is you aren't always up on the story lines, and there are major gaps. What would be better is the type of series they did between the end of The City and the premiere of Port Charles, in 1997, A Daytime to Remember. It presented classic episodes of AMC, OLTL, and GH, but they had a host, Reba McEntire, to place the episode in context and explain the storylines you would be watching.

by Anonymousreply 202March 31, 2020 7:48 PM

R202 you need a built-in audience and right now those ABC & CBS soaps have been off the air too long - there are more options for people to choose from, streaming services, downloaded movies etc,

Hallmark & Lifetime movies even Law & Order reruns would do better in those time-periods than old soaps episodes. Soaps only appeal to a very narrow audience now, and it no longer appeals to wider population of viewers. It is about time commitment. Which is why Hallmark and Lifetime movies score higher ratings to the same old soap audience - you don't have to devote that time commitment - even with all of us locked up.

by Anonymousreply 203March 31, 2020 7:54 PM

R203 In normal times, I might agree, but right now during this crisis, soap ratings are going up. So such a "classic" series might work well. Heck they could just rerun the Reba hosted series., especially if they run out of new GH episodes. It would probably be cheaper than paying to air a different show in the time slot.

by Anonymousreply 204March 31, 2020 7:59 PM

R204 I would suggest they re-run the entire "Eterna" storyline from OLTL and promote as a science fiction mini-series -

by Anonymousreply 205March 31, 2020 8:04 PM

Why not the big epidemic that killed Dr. Tony Jones, or the poisoned water story? Uplifting!

by Anonymousreply 206March 31, 2020 8:19 PM

ABC just announced they will air new episodes Monday thru Thursday. Friday they will air classic episodes.

by Anonymousreply 207March 31, 2020 8:45 PM

Carly's Very Special Episode on 4/7 will actually center around her childhood and supposedly reveals a secret that has "a ripple effect across the current canvas".

JPS will play Frank Benson.

CW will play Virginia.

Eden will play young Carly.

Someone named Willa Rose will play young Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 208April 1, 2020 12:10 AM

Eden? Then we won't see Carly all that young.

by Anonymousreply 209April 1, 2020 1:55 AM

They should bring back Sarah Brown to play Virginia, (or Tamara, of course).

by Anonymousreply 210April 1, 2020 5:59 AM

But nobody could beat the great Lois Nettleton !!!

by Anonymousreply 211April 1, 2020 5:59 AM

They need to rerun Lassa Fever circa 1978 or 79.

Steve fell into a coma leaving Audrey to tell Jeff "Steve Hardy is YOUR Farther!"

Doug was brilliant; he gave the big moment to the better actor and put the other one in the coma.

Ricky Dean's hair was terrific!

by Anonymousreply 212April 1, 2020 6:20 AM

The Best GH ever was, the mid-80s when Bobbie and were front and center, along with Lucy Coe and Damian Smith. The story line that started with what seemed to be a harmless bet between Lucy and Damien while they were flirting. It led to the destruction of a marriage culminating with a tragic accident where one child's death led to saving the life of another. BJ's heart to Maxie. It was the best ensemble acting of any soap ever. Years of great story lines emerged from it, culmination with the introduction of Carly, originally played by Sarah Browne. Any of those episodes would merit a second watch.

by Anonymousreply 213April 1, 2020 7:00 AM

[quote]Carly's Very Special Episode on 4/7 will actually center around her childhood and supposedly reveals a secret that has "a ripple effect across the current canvas".

Let's see, it's probably gonna be that Frank Benson was incesting with Carly and got her knocked up. That's why she ran away from home. Nelle is the spawn, which is why the kidney was such a convenient match. Of course, she blocked all this out because, like all good incest survivors on soaps, she has the DID. OR, she was a little Lolita whore who seduced Frank, dumped the kid on him and took off. I like that better.

by Anonymousreply 214April 1, 2020 7:07 AM

R214 It sounds great except for one major barrier GH would NEVER cross...incest! It would mean that Nelle slept with her half-brother, Michael. and Wiley is the product of incest.

I mean, that would be a fucking great story line. Could you imagine the ratings? But they don't have the guts!

by Anonymousreply 215April 1, 2020 7:30 AM

You're right R215.

Imagine the great reactions that Chad would give; he'd be filled with angst... and...oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 216April 1, 2020 7:39 AM

[quote]The Best GH ever was, the mid-80s when Bobbie and were front and center, along with Lucy Coe and Damian Smith. The story line that started with what seemed to be a harmless bet between Lucy and Damien while they were flirting. It led to the destruction of a marriage culminating with a tragic accident where one child's death led to saving the life of another. BJ's heart to Maxie. It was the best ensemble acting of any soap ever. Years of great story lines emerged from it, culmination with the introduction of Carly, originally played by Sarah Browne. Any of those episodes would merit a second watch.

R213 That was 1994 under Claire Labine. But you're right. That was probably one of GH's best storylines ever. Definitely Must See TV. Each day, I came home from work and immediately started watching that day's episode. Didn't even take time to change out of my work clothes. Walked in the door, instantly turned on the TV and started watching the episode on VCR.

by Anonymousreply 217April 1, 2020 1:35 PM

R217 I was about to say that. I knew it had to be later, because I was born in the mid-1980s but I remembered the storylines, R213 was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 218April 1, 2020 2:13 PM

Isn’t Nina’s daughter supposed to be revealed soon? And isn’t it supposed to be a shock? Seems like Carly’s special episode might be the place to do the reveal - maybe with a necklace connection.

by Anonymousreply 219April 1, 2020 2:18 PM

Maybe that's why Brando said it wasn't possible that he was Dev's father. The shocking reveal is that he is Nina's daughter, post transition.

by Anonymousreply 220April 1, 2020 4:27 PM

R213 Criminal that JZ lost the Emmy for that storyline.

And we don’t need a retelling of Carly’s younger years. We had that when Reese was around. I’m sure we’ll get a stand-alone episode for Sam next.

by Anonymousreply 221April 1, 2020 4:34 PM

R221

Kelly couldn't stay awake long enough to carry a full episode.

by Anonymousreply 222April 1, 2020 5:38 PM

Willa Ford will be playing Nina's daughter. The above poster got it mixed up.

by Anonymousreply 223April 1, 2020 9:59 PM

I would love to see the story about Maxi's heart transplant again. That entire Labine era was must see.

That aside, every time I see Brando or Peter I can't tell if it is or isn't Franco. Do those three look very much the same to anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 224April 2, 2020 2:01 AM

Program note for ABC7 Chicago viewers:

Due to coverage of Governor JB Pritzker's Illinois coronavirus update, Wednesday's episode of "General Hospital" will air in late night at 12:35 a.m.

by Anonymousreply 225April 2, 2020 4:03 AM

Just for fun, let's list the number of friends Elizabeth has lost to serial killers over the years:

Emily, Georgie, Sabrina, Kiki, and possibly Drew if he's really dead and if you can consider Peter August a serial killer.

But, like, she never talks about it. Did I miss anyone???

by Anonymousreply 226April 2, 2020 6:46 AM

R224

I have no problem telling those 3 apart.

by Anonymousreply 227April 2, 2020 6:55 AM

Claire had some great stuff on GH, but she would have stormed ABC in NY with a machete -- rightfully so -- if a writer had come to Ryan's Hope and tried writing stories in which Ryan Finelli got HIV, Siobhan had breast cancer, and Maeve started showing signs of Alzheimer's (GH's Audrey was on her way, but this story was scrapped after John Beradino, ex-Steve, died IRL.)

by Anonymousreply 228April 2, 2020 6:01 PM

Tomorrow they’re airing the Gail will episode with the stupid envelopes.

by Anonymousreply 229April 2, 2020 8:39 PM

Tomorrow they’re airing the Gail will episode with the stupid envelopes.

by Anonymousreply 230April 2, 2020 8:39 PM

Ingo's letting his MAGA side jump out on his IG. I can't believe I was ever crazy about Jax/Brenda. He's grotesque now.

by Anonymousreply 231April 3, 2020 5:04 AM

From his IG story:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232April 3, 2020 7:00 PM

r232

wrong thread??

by Anonymousreply 233April 3, 2020 8:32 PM

If GH is going to air "classic" episodes on Fridays, that's only going to delay them running out of new episodes by a week or so.

Show had only taped enough episodes to last into mid May. So, the classic epsiodes will only stretch the new episodes into late May.

Coronavirus isn't expected to peak in LA until late April/early May. That means, the lockdown isn't going to be lifted before late May at the earliest. Probably longer.

Therefore I suspect the show is still going to run out of new episodes before they finally get back into the studio.

Article linked below suggests that show will run out of new episodes the week of May 18. Suggests it, but doesn't flat out say it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 3, 2020 9:20 PM

R234 I suspect that in a week or two, they will drop the number of new episodes to three, and later to two, if things drag out longer.

by Anonymousreply 235April 3, 2020 9:32 PM

R233 No. I was showing what Ingo posted on his IG.

by Anonymousreply 236April 3, 2020 9:50 PM

What did GH do today? We got a local press conference instead.

by Anonymousreply 237April 3, 2020 9:55 PM

They showed the episode with Gail’s will. LW introduced it according to Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 238April 3, 2020 9:58 PM

IR is officially on my shit list.

by Anonymousreply 239April 3, 2020 10:43 PM

They fired him once before. He ended up living very shabby in Hawaii. Was desperate. IThen GH called. You would think he would know to keep the political stuff to himself. He pisses off fans. I bet they fire him again. Some of the others have political opinions but he's mean about it.

by Anonymousreply 240April 3, 2020 11:51 PM

Was he fired over the MonaVie issue or was that just a rumor?

by Anonymousreply 241April 4, 2020 2:07 AM

I can't stand Ingo. Remember when he left in 2000 and made a big deal out of what a big star he was gonna be? He returned less than a year later.

by Anonymousreply 242April 4, 2020 2:15 AM

No, R233, not a wrong thread issue. If you click on R232's link, and then on the "Jenna on Twitter" link, you will see that "Jenna" is calling out Ingo as an idiot for his Instagram post about Rachel Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 243April 4, 2020 3:57 AM

We're getting close to the point where these threads usually get locked. Should I just start a new one preemptively, or take a chance and see what happens?

by Anonymousreply 244April 4, 2020 4:31 AM

Please start a new one, just in case. We can always use it later on if not right away. And thank you so much for doing this. Only DL would take away even this small pleasure to people stuck at home during this crisis.

by Anonymousreply 245April 4, 2020 3:43 PM

Yes, thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 246April 4, 2020 4:33 PM

New thread for when this one goes on lockdown:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 5, 2020 4:57 AM

Thank you OP. Thank you very, very much. I so appreciate you. It's really cool what you do for us, the ones who get locked out.

by Anonymousreply 248April 6, 2020 3:05 AM

Okay, can we now move on to a real and more significant Anna D?

Anna Deveare Smith is an accomplished playwright, author and professor. And yet Anna Deveare Smith even has time to pop up in CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME? and RACHEL GETTING MARRIED and THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE for about five minutes. I think I even saw her in an episode or two of BLACKISH.

by Anonymousreply 249April 6, 2020 3:14 PM

^^ I'll allow it only because she used to be in a show that was generally about a hospital!

by Anonymousreply 250April 6, 2020 4:55 PM

Allegedly the next two Friday "classic episodes" will be the Ava centric very special episode and the Michael/Nelle Car Crash episode.

by Anonymousreply 251April 6, 2020 5:02 PM

Cyrus sure was up in Laura's personal space today, made me annoyed for her. Jeff Kober sure is good and lookin not too shabby in the suit.

by Anonymousreply 252April 6, 2020 7:05 PM

Lyrus anyone?

by Anonymousreply 253April 6, 2020 7:23 PM

Laura and Cyrus would be hot!!!

by Anonymousreply 254April 6, 2020 11:10 PM

Hell no, Cyrus makes Luke look like a choir boy.

by Anonymousreply 255April 6, 2020 11:17 PM

Genie has chemistry with everyone

by Anonymousreply 256April 7, 2020 1:32 AM

CW has been looking better lately. Her skin looks more young and glowy. Laser resurfacing or some kind of peel, maybe? MW's has that same glow, too. Whatever they're doing, it's the only kind of work that ever looks decent.

by Anonymousreply 257April 7, 2020 6:01 AM

R257

Maura looks 500 times better than CW.

by Anonymousreply 258April 7, 2020 11:09 AM

So Labor & Delivery in 9 mos. for Molly, right?

by Anonymousreply 259April 7, 2020 7:28 PM

Yep. The spitting image of TJ.

by Anonymousreply 260April 7, 2020 7:37 PM

[quote]Maura looks 500 times better than CW.

Totally agree, but I think she shared her dermatologist's number with Watros. It's a start.

by Anonymousreply 261April 7, 2020 8:05 PM

The scene in Nina's office today with both Willow and Nelle makes me believe the speculation of twins could be true. A blonde like Nina and a brunette like Silas, one good, one evil. Willow would be Wiley's Aunt and dating her sister's former lover (Chase) and if that weren't enough she is contemplating marrying her sister's other former lover and baby daddy (Michael), how very The Bold & The Beautiful. Lots of future story lines there. Also,the crazy gene for Nelle would have come from not only Nina but Silas had a crazy brother, he was a werewolf or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 262April 7, 2020 8:19 PM

[quote]Silas had a crazy brother, he was a werewolf or something like that.

Ah, the good old days. I miss that.

by Anonymousreply 263April 7, 2020 8:22 PM

R262, that would explain why they needed to keep Nina on the canvas. Characters without families come and go.

by Anonymousreply 264April 7, 2020 8:42 PM

R262, that would explain why they needed to keep Nina on the canvas. Characters without families come and go.

by Anonymousreply 265April 7, 2020 8:42 PM

R262

It won't matter to me because I don't give a shit about Nina, Nelle, Willow or Sasha.

by Anonymousreply 266April 7, 2020 9:01 PM

Adding in Nelle was clearly a last minute decision since CL can’t decide if she wants to leave or not.

by Anonymousreply 267April 7, 2020 9:14 PM

All this talk about family lockdowns is so eerily prescient. Joss' started about the same time most of ours did and those scenes are written, what, something like six weeks in advance?

by Anonymousreply 268April 7, 2020 9:25 PM

R268

Scripts are usually written about 3 months in advance on GH, YR, B&B

by Anonymousreply 269April 7, 2020 10:40 PM

what GH should consider doing is repeating the Lassa fever saga from 1978 (79?) if they still have it.

It was an epic era of the show.

Audrey told Jeff that a dying Steve was his biological pop; Rick and Monica were trapped in GH during the quarantine leaving Lesley to fret in anguish in the living room like the great soap heroine she is; Lee almost died. Tracy tried to manipulate the big reveal -- Jeremy Hewitt was the carrier! to Mitch Williams' political benefit.

When Annie Logan, the only person immune as she'd been in Africa as a nurse and had had been exposed to the fever there, goes to hug little Jeremy.

Tracy: "Are you sure you should be doing that?"

by Anonymousreply 270April 11, 2020 10:58 PM

R171 exactly R168 & R169 are both right about Wright. When Tamara Braun quit in March/April 2005, Jill absolutely wanted Laura, though her being under contract at GL made that difficult. Jill/Brian Frons tried to get Sarah Brown back, fresh off her brief stint on ATWT, for at least six months, yet she declined. They asked Tamara to stay for an additional six months, and she declined their offer as well. Jill wanted to go as far as to have Cynthia Preston portray Faith & Carly in a dual role/face-off plastic surgery storyline until Wright became available, yet that wasn't what Guza wanted. Jill reluctantly held castings for Carly, although those auditioning thought they were up for the newly created role of Drew. It was between Sarah Buxton, Jamie Luner (a friend of Chuck Pratt's) and Jennifer Bransford for the role. Jennifer, being the lesser known (except for her stint as Georgie Phillips on OLTL from fall 97-summer 98) was cast. Sarah Buxton was reportedly in tears since she wanted that role, while Jennifer was in tears when they fired her in September of 2005 after hiring Wright.

by Anonymousreply 271April 27, 2020 10:05 PM

R172 You almost had your wish in 2001 when Sarah Brown quit. Jill started about a month or so prior to Sarah leaving so she wanted to bring either Gina or Robin Christopher from OLTL with her to GH as Carly. Felicia Minei-Behr, still upset with Jill & Megan McTavishMcTavish for destroying OLTL, refused. Jill had no choice except for recasting with someone else, so she chose newcomer Tamara Braun. Megan hated Carly so she planned to kill her off, with Jill completely behind her since it wasn't the Carly she wanted. Maurice went over both of their heads by going to the network in an effort to keep Tamara's Carly.

by Anonymousreply 272April 27, 2020 10:46 PM

testing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273April 28, 2020 3:49 AM

It seems that Jill can't work with anyone unless she's already worked with them?

by Anonymousreply 274April 29, 2020 7:19 PM

R274 Pretty much. She'll even put them in poorly written, underdeveloped roles, like Marcy Walker's disastrous turn as Tangie, originally named Tangerine until Marcy stated that she "would not be named after a fruit," or Jensen Buchanan's even more disastrous stint as Melissa on GH. Marcy & Jensen of course were extremely popular in their day yet Jill brought them in without any sort of character development.

by Anonymousreply 275April 29, 2020 11:54 PM

*Marcy Walker's stint as Tangie on Guiding Light in the 90's before returning to All My Children.

by Anonymousreply 276April 29, 2020 11:56 PM

I believe we’re here now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 30, 2020 3:46 PM

R275, so in the fall of 1993 when Tony and Genie are going back to GH, surely that gave the show some buzz and likely a bump, at least for a little while (Claire was not the correct writer for those two), Jill COULD have reached out to Zimmer and thrown money at her to come back.

At this point Kim was out in LA for around three years and outside of the Designing Women episode there wasn't much success (but yes, she worked).

No, instead we get Marcy Walker as Tangerine Hill; a mystery woman who was Roger's adopted daughter and Josh's ex-love or whatever crap they came up with her to do. 1993 was one of GL's worst years; the show was inundated with SB actors: Justin Deas, Marj....I've blocked out the others.

by Anonymousreply 278April 30, 2020 8:29 PM

R278 Kim must not have been a friend of Jill's lol for her to not offer her something to return. Since Kim was on Santa Barbara well after Jill was gone, they probably never really crossed paths. She did, however, cross paths with Beverlee McKinsey lol that story is legendary. I'm assuming you preferred Beverlee to Marj & that you weren't particularly fond of Buzz lol. The influx of SB actors that year was typical of her though she always brought as many as she could with her from her former soaps.

by Anonymousreply 279May 1, 2020 2:44 AM

I've actually met Jill and she's a perfectly pleasant person to me and others. People ask me: why do you hate her?

I say I don't. I simply don't enjoy the shows that she does, never once.

I wasn't even opposed to killing off Maureen. It was great drama. You FELT that death. Two big mistakes with it. One was short-term: no Lee Lawson or other Reardons at the funeral? Ridiculous. The other was no Claire coming home right away to be there for Michelle. Or Mike's daughter Hope returning to take her place as the new Bauer matriarch.

Instead, the money that opened up gave us Buzz Cooper. A man who never met a piece of scenery he didn't like to chew.

Yes, I preferred Beverlee.

by Anonymousreply 280May 6, 2020 3:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!