Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That Snake in Ava's Handbag

How very DARE he! Everybody knows moi is the reigning reptile 'round these parts.

Well, this town ain't big enough for the both of us. Off with his head!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 14, 2020 8:27 PM

Use up the old thread and bookmark this one for later!

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2020 10:35 PM

Shut out of the Corinthos Moss thread at 273 posts, cruel and unusual punishment from the DL gods.

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote]Shut out of the Corinthos Moss thread at 273 posts, cruel and unusual punishment from the DL gods.

Ta-da! My calculations proved correct, then. It usually happens when we exceed the ratio of eight posts per poster. As shitty as it is, at least I appreciate the predictability.

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2020 12:59 AM

William Lipton who plays Cameron has said that GH is hoping that it start taping again in August.

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2020 7:53 AM

Link please, r4

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2020 8:20 AM

R5 It was said when he was live on IG after someone asked him.

by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2020 8:28 AM

According to Twitter spoilers MEK is back the week of May 4th. Although with the stretching of episodes it could very well be the following week.

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2020 7:23 PM

I like the tension between Laura and Cyrus. Much more than when he has to share scenes with Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2020 10:52 PM

That's because Sonny is a weak, silly man pretending to be a big, touch mob boss. Pathetic!

by Anonymousreply 9April 28, 2020 12:53 AM

Laura Wright's son's girlfriend told someone they'll be back to taping next week.

by Anonymousreply 10April 28, 2020 1:47 AM

Los Angeles County is under Safer at Home lockdown orders until at least May 15. And that lockdown will likely be extended after that. No show can go back into production in a studio until that lockdown order is lifted.

And even after the lockdown is lifted, it will be done gradually. Very likely only allowing small groups to gather. Perhaps 10 people at first. Then, it would be expanded to 25 people, and then to 50. In other words, it's going to be a while before GH can get back into the studio with its full cast and crew.

Now GH may try to have actors film themselves at home in character. But that would essentially be a whole episode of monologues. Or a whole episode of characters talking on the phone. Or characters having meetings on Zoom.

by Anonymousreply 11April 28, 2020 1:57 AM

R10

I don't buy that at all. William Lipton's comment about them being back sometime in August sounds more in the realm of possibility. But even that isn't a sure thing.

by Anonymousreply 12April 28, 2020 3:26 AM

[quote] Los Angeles County is under Safer at Home lockdown orders until at least May 15. And that lockdown will likely be extended after that. No show can go back into production in a studio until that lockdown order is lifted.

I have to wonder, due to film and tv production being such an important industry in LA, if the studios and networks are negotiating with authorities to carve out some sort of exemption. Having all film and tv productions in LA county shut down until at least August, will be disastrous for the LA economy. Maybe they could be allowed to film with greatly reduced cast and crew, who are monitored for their health, especially if testing becomes more available. Or maybe they will decamp and move production to Georgia, which is opening back up, with the cast members willing to go.

by Anonymousreply 13April 28, 2020 3:45 AM

Random but Sarah Michelle Gellar auditioned for Carly months after she was fired from All My Children. It was mentioned in an interview in an old magazine years ago, during her Buffy the Vampire Slayer time. She was advised against it by someone (either her agent/management or a GH staff member, can't recall which) since it would've been typecasting & too similar to her role as Kendall. At that time, Kimberly McCullough was in a relationship with Freddie Prinze Jr. and friends with Vanessa Marcil. Ironically, not too many years later, when Sarah & Freddie got married, Vanessa & Brian Austin Green served as their maid of honor/best man. Another random note, Bianca Lawson was originally cast as Cordelia on BTVS, yet turned it down for a sitcom role on "Goode Behavior" as Sherman Hensley's granddaughter.

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2020 2:56 PM

Never knew the SMG story. SMG was a child playing Kendall as an adult and still looked very young when she left. I can’t imagine her in bed with SBu and Brad Maule.

As far as the actors returning to work, I’m curious about RoHo and his situation. Doesn’t he commute from NY?

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2020 5:17 PM

R15

Howarth commutes back & forth. He has a condo in LA and his place in NYC.

I agree I can't see SMG as Carly.She always looked even younger than her age back then. GH hit gold with Sarah Brown.

by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2020 5:46 PM

Alexis and Valentin have chemistry and would be a much more interesting pair than Alexis/Neil. They need to send Neil off to write a book about cults or to live in Beecher's Corner or just drop him without explanation, I doubt anyone is invested enough to notice.

by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2020 6:53 PM

R15 R16 Tara Reid, then Steve Burton's on-again/off-again girlfriend auditioned for Carly too, shortly before their final break-up.

by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2020 7:52 PM

This Friday’s “classic” ep is the one with all three Carly’s.

by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2020 8:42 PM

R19 Really?

by Anonymousreply 20April 28, 2020 8:54 PM

I used to get SOD in the store weekly but decided to do a subscription to save money but IF i get it in the mail, I get it Tuesday or Wednesday of the NEXT week or lately not at all. I was thinking of seeing if I could switch my subscription to a digital subscription to see if that would be better... Anyone here still get SOD digitally? If so when do you get it? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2020 9:00 PM

I could say I get DRE digitally, but, well, that would be redundant.

by Anonymousreply 22April 29, 2020 12:26 AM

R19 Before that episode originally aired in 2014, someone dropped on one of the soap gossip boards that Ron wanted all four Carly's for that episode, but when the show reached out to Jennifer, she declined. Frank most likely didn't mind since he introduced Laura Wright as Carly #3 at one of their fan club events, which was before that show aired if I'm not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2020 3:27 AM

I don’t blame Bransford for declining. And, honestly I don’t believe she was as bad as people made her out to be. They should’ve sent Carly away for a bit before introducing her though. I refuse to believe that MB fought to keep her on though.

by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2020 4:23 AM

[quote]I don’t blame Bransford for declining. And, honestly I don’t believe she was as bad as people made her out to be.

She was decent in the role. But Tamara Braun had set the bar so high, it posed a huge hurdle for Bransford. TPTB threw her into the deep end by recasting her in the middle of a heavy story. And literally, Tamara was on one day and Bransford was on the next.

Definitely should have sent Carly out of town for a 3-8 weeks before bringing Bransford in. And then they should have eased her for a few weeks to let the viewers get to know her before giving her a heavy storyline

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2020 4:58 AM

R24 R25 That may have been best. However, with Carly being their leading female, driving the children's kidnapping story, along with Reese's true identity & the marriage to Lorenzo, they probably felt that writing her out would interfere with those storylines. Jill, even though she had a screaming match with Tamara on set around the time Tamara decided to leave, was willing to work with her an additional six months until "friend of Jill" Laura Wright was available, yet Tamara was so done with GH that she turned them down (Guza was another person Tamara couldn't wait to get away from). Sarah Brown was asked to return for at least six months as well, after finishing her stint on ATWT, yet she wasn't interested either. Jill & Frons purposely hired Jennifer knowing she'd tank in an effort to make it easier for them to transition to Wright once her GL contract had ended. Sarah Buxton & Jamie Luner were up for the role as well however they weren't friends of Jill, nor were they as inexperienced as Jennifer in a leading role, so she went with "the placeholder." Jennifer did sort of make the role her own, especially during their breakdown story, yet sadly there wasn't anything she could do since they wanted Wright all along.

by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2020 10:20 AM

Aren't Alexis and Valentin cousins?

by Anonymousreply 27April 29, 2020 12:32 PM

Valentin and Alexis are no longer related since he found out he is not a Cassadine.

by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2020 1:33 PM

R26 What was the screaming match about? Being on twitter made me realize how many of Mo’s stans hate Tamara. How she supposedly “sabotaged” him by wanting to work with Ted King. That bullying story from Mo’s book doesn’t make it any better. I feel bad for the girl. And I’m surprised she even went back. She recently said on Twitter there was some funny stuff going on when someone mentioned she should’ve been nominated for the Michael death story towards the end of her run.

Jamie Luner would’ve been a decent Carly. Anyone over Laura Wright who has never fit. Gina Tognoni will always be my dream Carly though.

by Anonymousreply 29April 29, 2020 2:10 PM

R29 Not sure what the screaming match was about exactly, however you pointed out some things that may have contributed to it. When Ted King arrived, there was tension between him & Maurice. Tamara & Ted, along with Alicia Leigh Willis, were all extremely close, as were Maurice & Steve. It became sort of cliquish, and when Carly/Lorenzo took off, Maurice was jealous since he thought her Carly wouldn't take off without Sonny. He wanted something similar, that's why he was pushing for Sonny/Sam, Sonny/Reese etc. yet they were all failures. It got to the point where Tamara didn't really want to work with him anymore. Jill & Guza were two other people she started to loathe, and those two adored Maurice & Steve so that might've created more problems as well. Jill loved Alicia, for the Courtney character was named & loosely based after her own daughter, so she probably saw Tamara as somewhat of a bad influence on her for being so outspoken. Jill, even though she hired her, never really cared for Tamara. She originally wanted either your Gina Tognoni or Robin Christopher as Carly when Sarah Brown quit roughly a month after Jill joined (Sarah was planning to leave a year before Jill even arrived yet she was talked into staying due to then high profile exits from Jonathan Jackson, Steve Burton, etc.) however Felicia Minei-Behr stopped Jill for she was still upset with her & Megan McTavish for what they did to OLTL. Jill reluctantly hired Tamara, saying something to the effect of "the show must go on" at that time. Megan really couldn't stand Carly, so she was going to kill her off with Jill in agreement, about six months after Tamara started. Maurice was against that, so he went over their heads and stopped them. Jill sort of got her way when they brought Robin over as Skye.

by Anonymousreply 30April 29, 2020 2:34 PM

Curious how Robin Christopher, who I love, would’ve worked as Carly given her rumored history with Maurice.

by Anonymousreply 31April 29, 2020 3:37 PM

Jill never stood by any female on GH. She was always about the male talent. Frons is the one who was the Courtney/ALW supporter. He had no taste what so ever. He famously said Kristina Wagner was "matronly". RUKM? She was easily one of the most gorgeous women on TV at that time. He was also no fan of Becky Herbst which shows he was an idiot. Herbst is the perfect soap actress: never causes trouble, gives it 100% no matter even if her character is being road kill & has one of the most devoted fan bases.

by Anonymousreply 32April 29, 2020 4:01 PM

He also said Becky Herbst wasn’t pretty enough to be a lead... which lead to us suffering from KeMo on the frontburner since her debut. He was obsessed with her.

by Anonymousreply 33April 29, 2020 5:17 PM

Brian Frons was/is and idiot. I had a great dream onetime where he died and was put on trial. Agnes Nixon was the prosecutor, Irna Phillips the judge, and all the soap stars were witnesses against him. Needless to say he was found guilty and sentenced to an eternity of torment, every soap actor, writer, and fan got to take turns torturing him.

by Anonymousreply 34April 29, 2020 5:28 PM

Did they need to make today’s Sam/Brando chem test so obvious? Woof.

by Anonymousreply 35April 29, 2020 7:22 PM

R31 You're referring to when they were on All My Children? What exactly happened, because I've heard how he was trouble on set although that was before his bipolar diagnosis iirc. There was some sort of fantasy episode on GH where Sonny & Skye kissed so guess he apologized to her.

by Anonymousreply 36April 29, 2020 7:36 PM

R34 So let me get this straight. If you were drowning, instead of your own life quickly passing in front of you, it would be reruns of AMC and GH?

by Anonymousreply 37April 29, 2020 7:44 PM

R32 Really not trying to defend Jill, however she had quite a few females she liked, typically younger blondes. Courtney was both her & Frons favorite as Courtney was named after her daughter Courtney Phelps. Gia was supposed to be Sonny's sister under Guza yet when he left (while Wendy Riche was still ep, they couldn't get along) Megan & Jill created Courtney, modeled after Jill's daughter. Alicia arrived months before Frons was even head of ABC daytime. She particularly had issues with minority women (suggesting to Florencia Lozado, Tea on OLTL, that she should dye her hair blonde) & women over 40. She also had a habit of bringing cast members from her previous shows, which is how some actors got the nickname "friend of Jill's" while firing other actors & often replacing them with her faves.

by Anonymousreply 38April 29, 2020 8:07 PM

R33 So true. Not only that but when Becky was fired in early 2011, it was because of Frons' obsession with Rebecca Budig. The plan was for Liz yo lose her mind over losing Jake, do a stint in one of their mental hospitals then return as Rebecca Budig (who he almost hired as Vanessa's recast for Brenda back in or around late 2005/early 2006), who was soon to be jobless since AMC was ending. Guza didn't really care for Liz either so it didn't bother him. Becky was extremely upset while fans protested, then Jill tried to look like the good guy for once by getting her job back. Shortly after that's when DOOL's Martha Madison did a few guest spots as temp Liz when Becky was out sick.

by Anonymousreply 39April 29, 2020 8:18 PM

R38 I swear at one point they were gearing up for Liz to be Sonny’s sister. Same with Zander being Alexis’s son.

by Anonymousreply 40April 29, 2020 8:34 PM

R36

Years ago when DD had great inside sources it was said Robin & Mo had a brief fling while on AMC. She got pregnant & had an abortion. He hated her after that.

by Anonymousreply 41April 29, 2020 9:13 PM

NLG's birthday and many of her co-stars drove down her street to wish her happy birthday.

Jane Elliot, Josh Swickard (cute dog), Will deVry, Maura, Brianna and more all in their cars.

NLG gave them rolls of toilet paper for stopping by.

John J. York just walked over because he lives on same street.

No Ingo... LOL

Starts at approx 24:00

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 29, 2020 10:00 PM

^^^ Genie and her husband and of course LW & WR.

by Anonymousreply 43April 29, 2020 10:02 PM

Did Steve Burton roar by on his motorcycle, Bradford astride him?

Did Kim McCullough go by on her scooter?

by Anonymousreply 44April 29, 2020 11:47 PM

R37 Of course not, it was just a dream. I tend to have frequent and vivid dreams.

by Anonymousreply 45April 29, 2020 11:48 PM

R38 Gia was where Guza was going as Sonny's sister, while he was also headed towards Zander being Carly's adoptive brother through Frank or Virginia Benson (most likely Frank seeing how Virginia probably would've raised him with Carly), yet those were both changed in his second absence as hw. If they were going those routes under Elizabeth Korte/Michele val Jean or Megan McTavish's stints then maybe so, for backstage GH was more interesting than where they were going onscreen imo. Someone mentioned on a soap board years ago that Liz was possibly going to be Alexis' daughter, out of her & Sam, with Nancy choosing Sam, however I'm not sure how true that is.

by Anonymousreply 46April 30, 2020 12:10 AM

R36 Oh wow lol thanks didn't know that. You're right though, DD had great sources back then, actual insiders who knew their info. Some of them were actually from the show, like Michael Saucedo lol. Another great source of info was RavenBeauty, who people claim to this day was actually Catherine Hickland in character.

by Anonymousreply 47April 30, 2020 12:16 AM

r47

oh ravenbeauty!! that brings back memories

by Anonymousreply 48April 30, 2020 12:27 AM

Oh wow. RavenBeauty! That’s a throwback. What a time.

by Anonymousreply 49April 30, 2020 12:41 AM

R41 Speaking of that, does anyone know if he alluded to any history with AMC costars in his book? I’m actually surprised he even admitted to him and Steve bullying Tamara.

by Anonymousreply 50April 30, 2020 12:45 AM

R48 R49 Yeah Raven was great, Catherine Hickland or not. Soap gossip was so much better back then, well soaps overall were better, so they went hand in hand. Television Without Pity was another great source for backstage gossip too. It seems that everything really started going downhill once all the cancellations took place, GL in '09, ATWT in '10, AMC/OLTL in '11/12. Speaking of which, today would've been the latter two's seven year anniversary on The Online Network.

by Anonymousreply 51April 30, 2020 12:56 AM

R45 It was a joke. My response would have been, "You forgot OLTL."

by Anonymousreply 52April 30, 2020 2:00 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 30, 2020 2:59 AM

JFP should have brought Scoche Marin (NuKay, Y&R) on as a recast Audrey.

by Anonymousreply 54April 30, 2020 3:36 AM

R53 They should’ve left it cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 55April 30, 2020 12:23 PM

Chem tests with Sam and anyone else besides Jason works for me

by Anonymousreply 56April 30, 2020 3:26 PM

I think Sam, Jason, their kids should run off together never to be seen or heard from again. Wish they could take Sonny and Carly with them and Alexis if they're keeping her with the boring shrink. I want more screen time for Liz and Franco and their kids who are wonderful actors although the kid playing Charlotte is pretty good too, even that little Violet. Other than Josh and that kid who's supposed to be from Brazil or whatever all the GH kids are good actors. GH has almost always hired good kid actors. JJ only when he was a kid and the original Emily were so good as was child Maxi, the one who got the heart transplant.

I would still rather see reruns of the shows from the late 70s until JFP came to GH than crap I just saw that was crap when it was original and hasn't aged any better in a month or so.

by Anonymousreply 57April 30, 2020 7:54 PM

Sasha, Brando and Dev can all leave. Trina and Cam are the best teen actors on the show. Joss had potential until she started mimicking LW. She can leave and go to boarding school somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 58April 30, 2020 10:10 PM

I completely forgot Dev was still on the show. The definition of dead weight. Cut him loose.

by Anonymousreply 59April 30, 2020 11:40 PM

There was an old rumor that Tamara told TPTB that Maurice had gone off his meds. Years later, he admitted on Oprah that he had gone off his meds at some point (after he had sworn he would never ever go off his meds again) but it's not clear when that was.

by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2020 12:23 AM

R60 Tamara's outspokenness rubbed a lot of people the wrong way (Maurice, Steve, Guza, Jill) which is sad for if she were a guy it probably wouldn't have been too much of a problem. Then again, Maurice & Steve were known to tank scenes with actors they didn't want to work with, so the results could've been similar. Jennifer, on the other hand, was the opposite of Tamara- quiet, non-confrontational, so Maurice & Steve found her "easy to get along with." The fact that she didn't outshine them like Sarah or Tamara could worked on their favor as well. Tamara's outspoken nature may have contributed to her being let go last year after her criticism of the Kim/Drew, Kim/Franco stories possibly rubbed Frank & his writers the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2020 3:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2020 7:59 AM

R61 IDK about that. Tamara said in her exit interview that Frank actually told her she had a big story ahead. I think she was just sacrificed due to the Frew story being a flop. No one wanted to see RoHo as yet another character. The entire memory mapping story failed and ruined Kim, who was actually Liz’s only friend, in the process. They really had no choice but to send her away.

by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2020 12:35 PM

R63

TB may have been "told" she had a big story because FV lies.There is a behind the scenes person on a board I visit & they told us 6 months before TB left that she was being written out and the Drewco mess was her exit. TB and BM had angered TPTB because both didn't want a Drew/Kim pairing. He was dead set on being paired with Kelly & TB was dead set on being paired with WdV. Both did everything possible to downplay any connection or attraction in their scenes.

It pissed off FV and their fate was sealed. There was more issues with BM that factored into GH not negotiating w/him at all but the Drew/Kim issue was a part of it. FV can be a lot like JFP. You piss him off enough & your character will be decimated. That's why the character of Kim was decimated for her exit.

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2020 1:54 PM

NLG's Soas in Quarantine with guest Tony Geary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2020 2:26 PM

Does anyone have the real scoop on BM’s exit? Clearly, someone shut Kelly up after she promised to reveal all on Twitter. Did he actually walk out or was he fired?

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2020 3:38 PM

R65 Oh lord, why does he look like Sophia Petrillo?

by Anonymousreply 67May 1, 2020 3:39 PM

R66

GH refused to negotiate a new contract when his ran out so he was effectively fired.

by Anonymousreply 68May 1, 2020 5:51 PM

R63 I've heard all of that as well. Frank initially favored Billy from his Y&R days so when Kelly suggested him for Jason, he was all for it. He favored Tamara too, yet when they both didn't want to do what he wanted, along with Billy's constant outs that he approved only to find them a hassle later on, he had no issue with letting either one of them go. Similarly to how Bryan Craig asked to be let out of his contract after his then-fiancee Kelly T. convinced him to do so, only to ask for his job back months later (and after they were broken up) yet Frank refused. The most he was able to get was that one day appearance for Ava's episode before his fulltime role on that primetime soap. Steve was able to get his job back in 2017 after Maurice went to the network behind Frank's back, for Frank was still bitter at him for leaving in 2012 then joining Y&R. After they let him go in the fall of 2016, he wanted to immediately return to GH, even as another character which Nancy verified at one of her fan meetings. Frank holds grudges and can be very bitter if he feels someone "crossed" him.

by Anonymousreply 69May 1, 2020 11:49 PM

If Kelly T. talked BC into leaving then I wonder if that is the reason she can't get FV to give her a steady gig again on GH. She clearly wants back on soaps as her career hasn't exactly taken off and she's pushing 40, she tells fans who want her back she'd love to but it's not in her hands...

by Anonymousreply 70May 1, 2020 11:57 PM

R70

KT was fired from DAYS because of some sort of bad behavior according to the guys who report for TVSource.

by Anonymousreply 71May 2, 2020 12:05 AM

R70 Could be. She might've told him to quit since she wasn't ready to leave when they wrote Britt out so she could've figured that he didn't need to be there anymore either. The worst part is that they ended their engagement after he took her advice.

by Anonymousreply 72May 2, 2020 12:07 AM

Meant R64 also meant to like your post yet accidentally pressed ff. I'm quarantined out.

by Anonymousreply 73May 2, 2020 12:09 AM

Amazes me that Frank took issue with BM and TB not playing what he wanted but somehow allows Kelly to sleepwalk through scene after scene and put in literally zero effort.

by Anonymousreply 74May 2, 2020 12:26 AM

Frank does not have complete control over everything on the show. Due to her longstanding fanbase, KM is one of those pillars that he has little control over.

by Anonymousreply 75May 2, 2020 7:06 PM

Dominic Zamprogna is reportedly "begging" for his old job back as Dante when they resume filming, after quitting due to Frank's attempt to low ball him with a reduced contract in 2018. Ryan Paevey also wanted his job back after quitting however that was before his Hallmark movies became more frequent.

by Anonymousreply 76May 2, 2020 7:15 PM

They do keep mentioning Dante from time to time, so there must be some hope. They certainly aren't speaking about Drew Cain anymore.

If the actor playing Chase was smart, he'd run away the minute his current contract expires. Another year at most? Pursue some Hallmark movies. DZ would probably be more welcome back at that point.

by Anonymousreply 77May 2, 2020 7:23 PM

KMo also has network support. She is one of those untouchables. She should thank her lucky stars for DWTS.

by Anonymousreply 78May 2, 2020 7:31 PM

Billy M. paying tribute to Jeanne Cooper while in quarantine and sporting an "I need a hair cut" look like the rest of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 2, 2020 7:32 PM

DZ is a good actor but this show does not need anymore Sonny boot lickers or memebers of the Corinthos family.

by Anonymousreply 80May 2, 2020 8:26 PM

R78

At one time I might have bought that the network was in KMo's corner but I doubt they have a clue who she is now. DWTS was a lifetime ago in the TV biz. Plus, if she truly meant anything to them they would have worked to get her onto primetime. She wound up where she was prior to DWTS. To anyone outside of daytime she's a nobody just like 99% of anyone on soaps.

by Anonymousreply 81May 2, 2020 8:30 PM

R81 IA. They hyped her up during DWTS which gave us that HORRIBLE dancing doppelgänger story. And her guest spot on Desperate Housewives fell through. She still claims they only had Sam sleep with Ric was because they thought she was leaving the show. She was never going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 82May 2, 2020 9:55 PM

R77 IA Josh has that Hallmark look to him. Wish i could say the same for Dominic; although better looking since he cut his hair, isn't a model type like Ryan & Josh which seems like the look they usually go for. However Dominic is the better actor of the three, so he could've easily landed on something in primetime or on cable, sort of like Jonathan Jackson did.

by Anonymousreply 83May 2, 2020 10:15 PM

I wonder what bad things KT could have done to get her fired from Days because there actors there who are also rumored to have engaged in bad behavior. R71. Maybe if KT fucked Ken C. this wouldn't have happened to her.

Wasn't there some rumor claiming that Kelly may have a couple of MeToo stories and that's why she isn't really messed with as much because allegedly they don't want her to come out with them.

by Anonymousreply 84May 2, 2020 10:19 PM

DZ took the easy money and stayed too long on GH. Looks like he's now missed that short window where he could have landed a primetime gig

by Anonymousreply 85May 2, 2020 10:42 PM

They could give Dante a story where he has had a total breakdown and believes that he is one of his undercover identities and is on the run from the mob (Sonny). He could have a whole second family under his other identity.

by Anonymousreply 86May 2, 2020 10:49 PM

A Dante return means more Lulu and no one wants that.

by Anonymousreply 87May 2, 2020 11:14 PM

Dante returns after Lulu has been murdered by Bad Seed Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 88May 3, 2020 12:43 AM

R82

Kelly was never in the running for any role on Desperate Housewives. Marc Cherry had no idea who she even was when he was asked about that.

by Anonymousreply 89May 3, 2020 2:49 AM

Besides being a boring actress, the woman who plays Lulu is very hard to look at.

by Anonymousreply 90May 3, 2020 4:47 AM

R46 I remember the "Zander is Carly's brother" rumors. There was a related rumor that Frank Benson was really Frank Smith that tied into it because Zander's last name was Smith.

by Anonymousreply 91May 3, 2020 5:18 AM

R91 Oh wow didn't know the Frank Smith connection. Guess it worked out for the best since they would've made it all about Carly, Sonny & Jason vs. Frank, taking away from Luke & Laura's history with him. They could've still had Zander as Frank Smith's without any Benson connection during that arc where Sally Struthers appeared as Jennifer Smith, or at least her son (not sure with Luke though since they probably never slept together) yet Guza/Pratt probably didn't care enough since they seemed to start losing interest in Zander by then

by Anonymousreply 92May 3, 2020 8:50 AM

Correcting myself, Megan McTavish was still hw when Struthers was Jennifer. Carly's flirtation/kissing Zander was her doing as well.

by Anonymousreply 93May 3, 2020 9:02 AM

Meant that I'm R92 replying to R91 smh. Being restless & under quarantine isn't a very good combination lol

by Anonymousreply 94May 3, 2020 9:11 AM

Guza had left it a mystery why Carly couldn't drive a car. McTavish destroyed the mystery in one scene when Carly told Zander the tragic story of the mean girls leaving her behind, only for the car to be hit by a drunk driver.

by Anonymousreply 95May 3, 2020 9:19 AM

R95 Is that why Zander tried to teach her how to drive or actually taught her? I didn't see that particular scene but you're reminding me of him offering to help her. I thought Carly had admitted to seeing her best friend die in a car accident while SJB was still in the role or was it in '05 with JB during the Reese reveal

by Anonymousreply 96May 3, 2020 10:45 AM

Friday's ep reminded me that RC's GH did try to incorporate actual GH history and vets... I know there were some missteps like Levi and bringing back AJ only to kill him again but I would take RC's Gh compared to the current crop of writers

by Anonymousreply 97May 3, 2020 2:48 PM

I always thought a long-lost kid of AJ's should turn up.

by Anonymousreply 98May 3, 2020 2:58 PM

R98 And they’d make the entire story about CarSon and Jason because that kid would be trying to get revenge. And he’d end up losing.

by Anonymousreply 99May 3, 2020 6:38 PM

I miss RC's GH too. He tried to bring back a lit of history. It got ridiculous but it was fun. You could tell he didn't want to write the constant Sonny and Jason are heroes crap.

His biggest mistep was making RH Franco, and the character of Nina.

by Anonymousreply 100May 3, 2020 7:09 PM

R99 I hate to say it, but you're right. I want a kid of AJ's (possibly with Karen or Hannah) to wreck havoc on Sonny and Carly's life. But, yeah, it would probably be the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 101May 3, 2020 7:14 PM

What if a Jason kid showed up and preferred Monica and the quartermaine lifestyle over hanging out with Jason?

Karen, Courtney, Keesha, offscreen flame. Wherever the kid came from...

by Anonymousreply 102May 3, 2020 8:58 PM

Yes, after Carly told her sad story, Zander taught her to drive. Right after she got her license, she drove off the cliff, LOL. Shortly after Carly and Sonny reunited following her brush with death, Jason returned and Zander got drop-kicked out of Carly's life.

I think Virginia might have told Luke that Carly saw her best friend die. I don't recall SJB's Carly discussing it. I didn't watch JB's version of Carly - the casting was so horribly wrong, I quit watching. JB would have been a good recast for Alexis, had they needed one.

by Anonymousreply 103May 3, 2020 10:11 PM

AJ ran off with Nik's ex-wife, Lydia (?) Karenin. When AJ turned up again in that stupid Strangers on a Train story with Courtney and Steven Webber's ex Rachel (?), there was no mention of what happened to Lydia. She could have gotten pregnant and ditched AJ. Her son could come to town and hook up with Joss. If he was a teen fuck-up like teen AJ, Carly could revert to type and pull some stupid stunts to break them up, with everything blowing up in her face and reigniting the family feud, turning AJ's son into a bad guy like Scotty Baldwin after Laura dumped him for Luke.

That's where RC messed up with AJ. Michael would have wanted him dead. Carly could have had PTSD and gone back to pulling stupid stunts to drive AJ out of town. Only like in the old days, Carly would fuck everything up, and AJ would find out. To avoid going to jail, Carly and Michael would have to play happy families with AJ, giving AJ the power, for at least a while. Blackmail is the only reason that would explain Michael in AJ's vicinity, and then AJ could have worked to win Michael over. And Carly would never have slept with AJ - she blamed him for the death of her baby. Carly could have had another full-out breakdown and gone on a near killing spree - LW would have eaten that story up with a spoon. Imagine Carly pulling a gun on AJ and Liz, so out of it that she thinks the baby just died - only this is in front of the whole hospital, and everyone is trying to talk her down before she shoots some contract player who is in contract negotiations. Imagine if Carly had accidentally shot Jason... or Sonny... camp at its best. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 104May 3, 2020 10:34 PM

Interesting about Jennifer Bransford. I just looked her up on IMDB. She was Georgie on OLTL for what seemed like less than a year, ending in 1998, then got the role of Carly in 2005. A couple minor credits after, and nothing since 2005.

by Anonymousreply 105May 4, 2020 1:18 AM

R105 The "who killed Georgie" plotline is a classic!

by Anonymousreply 106May 4, 2020 5:01 AM

R105 They ran her out of Hollywood after GH.

by Anonymousreply 107May 4, 2020 4:30 PM

R103 Did you quit solely because of Jennifer Bransford lol interesting suggesting for her as Alexis though, there's somewhat of an resemblance & the two of them actually became close during GH. Jennifer's performance was vilified on the message boards & in the press back then, from her voice to her appearance, it was brutal. Some even accused her of being a transsexual, referring to her as "Carl Lee." Sadly she probably wouldn't have been accepted as an Alexis recast either, or if she was cast as Reese. Sarah Brown commented that Jennifer looked like a combination of her & Tamara, while Tamara gave her advice along with notes about Carly's history however all of that was in vain since Jill/Frons were only using her until Laura Wright was available.

by Anonymousreply 108May 4, 2020 6:14 PM

I know I'm in the minority on this board but Laura Wright is my favorite Carly, after Sarah Brown. I never liked Tamara or Jennifer. I also liked Sarah's Claudia much better than Tamara's Kim.

by Anonymousreply 109May 4, 2020 6:21 PM

I remember JB as Georgie on OLTL, that was one of my all time favorite stories, especially the nighttime special end when Todd took everyone hostage with a great surprise disclosure of the real killer. Everyone gave great performances, with big kudos to RH, ES and whatever their names were who played Kevin and Sam at that time. Only JDP gave his usual sucky performance.

I never saw her on GH. I stopped watching the soaps for a few years, during JB's time as Carly. If memory serves she was a very plain looking woman and not that great an actress.

by Anonymousreply 110May 4, 2020 6:37 PM

R110 I knew there was a primetime episode of OLTL, yet whenever I've tried to find information about it online, I've never been able to find it. I don't think AMC ever had one though I do remember General Hospital: Twist Of Fate, along with Days having a few, AW having at least one, and Y&R where I think Don Diamont showed his butt cheeks in the shower iirc. I used to enjoy those one-off episodes at night. OLTL did do a good job with that storyline, which is maybe what Jennifer drew upon during Carly's breakdown, which some have referred to as her best acting on GH. She was sort of plain & unfortunately masculine looking, however their costume department gave her great clothes & tried to make her as glamorous as they possibly could. She really got a screwed over & is reportedly a very nice person so hopefully she's still happily married & doing well.

by Anonymousreply 111May 4, 2020 7:50 PM

R111, I'm not sure but I believe it was on, on a Thursday night, June 25, 1998. The reason I remember is that my dad was OLTL fan and he had been hospitalized for a serious illness and came home that day and I believe got to see the night version and the big conclusion to the Who Killed Georgie story. Maybe it's on YT. I'm not a hundred percent sure though.

by Anonymousreply 112May 4, 2020 8:17 PM

^^^ What was Georgie's last name? I am totally blanking on this story and for the reveal to get a Primetime special it had to be a pretty big deal.

by Anonymousreply 113May 5, 2020 2:34 AM

I think Georgie's last name was Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 114May 5, 2020 2:42 AM

Oh, that OLTL episode was I believe the last time a daytime soap was shown in primetime.

by Anonymousreply 115May 5, 2020 2:43 AM

R115 Actually, I think Sunset Beach's primetime episode aired about a two months after OLTL's. However, Sunset Beach's episode wasn't an actual episode but a reedit of the two week Posiden Adventure style story into a single episode. I also can't remember, but I thought Passions got one at some point, but maybe I'm mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 116May 5, 2020 3:00 AM

R112 Thanks, I'll look it up. Was a little worried about it being a sad memory but glad it was a good one with your dad seeing it at home.

by Anonymousreply 117May 5, 2020 5:27 AM

Herbst & Howarth are the only pairing on this show who have effortless chemistry. They can tap into that tactile loving chem then switch to easy banter then switch to drama and it's seamless. If TPTB had a brain in their collective head they would be giving them more play & have them bolster the hospital aka non Corinthos side of the show.

by Anonymousreply 118May 5, 2020 9:16 AM

I find Friz boring but I’m also not a Howarth fan. He’s a clown onscreen. I do wish they’ve give Herbst more to do. I’m sick of the “Liz is poor” storyline. We’ve done this before when she agreed to be a surrogate for Jax and Courtney. She’s a surgical nurse who is ALWAYS at work and was doing just fine for many years. She’s almost a glorified extra at this point. But, please, continue to give us banshee Carly and drowsy, dickmatized Sam in every episode and every segment.

by Anonymousreply 119May 5, 2020 1:45 PM

*they’d

by Anonymousreply 120May 5, 2020 2:05 PM

One of the Democratic candidates for Senate in GA, John Ossoff, looks and sounds like he could be Valentin's younger brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 5, 2020 4:36 PM

Wow , that is a striking resemblance.

I was just looking at JPS's wiki and he clearly has the most prime time and movie credits of any actor on GH, I don't think anyone else comes close except Jeff Kober.

by Anonymousreply 122May 5, 2020 4:41 PM

R122 He was on Supernatural a few years ago and he was downright scary!

by Anonymousreply 123May 5, 2020 5:02 PM

JPS would be great, if they attempted to bring back Dark Shadows again.

by Anonymousreply 124May 5, 2020 5:04 PM

Wasn't the CW supposedly doing that r124?

by Anonymousreply 125May 5, 2020 5:35 PM

R125 I think it didn't work out. After watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix, I would like to see it developed for them.

by Anonymousreply 126May 5, 2020 5:39 PM

Actually Howarth was better today with Ava, but of course it's almost impossible for a scene partner to be bad with her, well, except for MB.

by Anonymousreply 127May 6, 2020 4:00 AM

The problem with Franco, is the character not the actor. I only hope this current story will reconnect Franco with his darkside.

by Anonymousreply 128May 6, 2020 4:08 AM

R128

They are not going to return Franco to being a bad guy. They have redeemed him for the majority of fans and he and Elizabeth are one of the few things that work on this God forsaken show.

by Anonymousreply 129May 6, 2020 4:36 AM

R129 I don't think they will return him completely to the darkside, but they might add a little grey back. They are a soap couple so they have to add some hiccups. Even Steve and Audrey wasn't always smooth sailing. Or maybe they will use the anniversary to truly redeem him, by fully confronting his past.

by Anonymousreply 130May 6, 2020 4:45 AM

Could someone please refresh my memory; how many people has Ava actually murdered? Who were they and how did she get away with it? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 131May 6, 2020 5:38 AM

R131

Since coming to PC the only person was Kate Howard.

by Anonymousreply 132May 6, 2020 5:58 AM

Well, she murdered Denise DiMuccio's accent, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 133May 6, 2020 8:16 AM

LOL R133. And yet, she was still the best actor on the show.

by Anonymousreply 134May 6, 2020 5:08 PM

Yesterday's episode was interesting lol Kristina & Nina in a way were echoing the audience when they went off on Sam & Carly.

by Anonymousreply 135May 6, 2020 5:32 PM

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion on this board, but I was really pissed off when Connie's ghost pleaded with Sonny not to kill Ava in revenge. I can't remember if this was before he and Ava got it on in a mausoleum.

by Anonymousreply 136May 6, 2020 6:38 PM

Why did the show end the Ava/Morgan relationship?

by Anonymousreply 137May 6, 2020 6:42 PM

I predict Nelle wears the half heart necklace to court and starts fidgeting and playing with it to get Nina's attention while she is on the stand .

I'm not familiar with GL or CW's previous work but isn't that what she is famous for, some big courtroom scene?

by Anonymousreply 138May 6, 2020 7:29 PM

R138 Yes, she had the best courtroom scene on soaps since Karen Wolek on OLTL. Here is the end, when she has been remanded for perjury. You can watch the whole thing by searching for "Guiding Light--She's Come Undone" I really hope the writers watched it before scripting any courtroom scenes for her on GH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 6, 2020 7:41 PM

R139 You honestly think TPTB at GH are going to do research for her?

by Anonymousreply 140May 6, 2020 8:53 PM

They should, for all of the actors, it would improve the show. They should especially be doing it right now during the shutdown.

by Anonymousreply 141May 6, 2020 8:56 PM

They’re too lazy. They couldn’t even get Carly’s history right for that dumb flashback episode and every regime is obsessed with the character.

by Anonymousreply 142May 6, 2020 9:00 PM

R139

The character of Nelle Benson isn't fit to lick the boots of Annie Dutton. Add in the fact that no one writing for Daytime in the last 15 years can hold a candle to the writing during the classic age of soaps. Finally, Lanier doesn't have the chops that Watros had at that age. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 143May 6, 2020 10:17 PM

R143, what are you considering as "the classic age of soaps"?

by Anonymousreply 144May 6, 2020 10:30 PM

R143 Oh I wasn't suggesting they write it for Nelle, I meant having Nina unravel while testifying.

by Anonymousreply 145May 6, 2020 10:38 PM

MEK says in this interview (starts around 49:00) that he needed health insurance and his good friends JPS and Rebecca Budig encouraged him to contact FV which he did and FV agreed to help him out. He came up with the southern accent about 5 episodes into his stint (while walking his dog) and FV said it was ok to use it. He starts the interview on his patio and then wanders into the house and lays on his bed for the rest of it, lol.

Cady is open to a role on GH.

Cady sang Maura's praises more enthusiastically than Jon but I may be reading more into that than it warrants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 6, 2020 11:06 PM

If they were looking to pad episodes, they could have easily used flashbacks to one of the best soap couples, Holly and Robert. Guess they now only have access to recent scenes.

by Anonymousreply 147May 6, 2020 11:13 PM

What is the point of this Holly story?

by Anonymousreply 148May 6, 2020 11:38 PM

R146

I think you're reading something that's not there. JL has praised Maura many times in the soap mags (and vis a versa) when they were doing the Ava/Ryan story. Cady & Maura played sisters on ATWT and their stories were intertwined throughout that time. They are close.

by Anonymousreply 149May 6, 2020 11:44 PM

r149

You're right, I'm just nitpicky lately for some reason...

by Anonymousreply 150May 6, 2020 11:53 PM

They seem to have stopped using old scenes to fill episodes. Won't this make then run out of new episodes even sooner?

by Anonymousreply 151May 7, 2020 1:13 AM

R151 Maybe the finally started listening to social media and decided to give up on the flashbacks. Everyone hated it.

by Anonymousreply 152May 7, 2020 2:01 AM

I suspect we will see more flashbacks, but they are getting smarter and using them only when they actually make sense.

by Anonymousreply 153May 7, 2020 2:09 AM

Is Holly really dead?

by Anonymousreply 154May 7, 2020 2:57 AM

She's with Kim Jong Un and Ghislaine Maxwell. She sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 155May 7, 2020 6:27 AM

I didn’t watch today R154 but I read that it was implied that she really is. Apparently Peter spoke to someone and said something like “You were only supposed to distract her...”

First Taggert now Holly. Why not kill some contract characters onscreen? They can start with a murder/suicide featuring Carly and Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 156May 7, 2020 6:31 AM

Question for long-time viewers? Is this Holly's second "presumed" death? or 3rd? I think Laura is the only character who has died 3 times! (AJ twice, Jason twice, I think Luke died twice).

by Anonymousreply 157May 7, 2020 7:09 AM

R153

It would have made perfect sens to insert Robert/Holly flashbacks today. Those are flashbacks we'd like to see & they would've highlighted the story.

Instead we had 2 weeks of incessant flashbacks of Chase/Willow. WTF cares about them much less flashbacks from their brief 'relationship'?

by Anonymousreply 158May 7, 2020 11:03 AM

There’s a rumor going around that Brando begins to question his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 159May 7, 2020 1:15 PM

r159

with whom? Lucas or Brad... there's not a lot of options

by Anonymousreply 160May 7, 2020 1:20 PM

So Molly Lansing David turned Brado gay?

Seems appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 161May 7, 2020 1:22 PM

Oppps, Davis not David.

by Anonymousreply 162May 7, 2020 1:23 PM

R160 I have no idea. Just a rumor I read. Felix, Brad and Lucas would be the only options. Is he on contract?

by Anonymousreply 163May 7, 2020 3:53 PM

None of the actor's playing GH's gay characters have ever been on contract. They're all recurring.

by Anonymousreply 164May 7, 2020 4:01 PM

Brando and Jax would work. I'm sure Ingo would be agreeable to playing gay. He seems like a reasonable man.

by Anonymousreply 165May 7, 2020 9:53 PM

what's this week's "classic" episode?

by Anonymousreply 166May 8, 2020 1:35 AM

[quote]what's this week's "classic" episode?

Phil Brewer threatens to tell Diana that Peter Taylor is the father of Augusta McLeod's unborn child and Augusta murders him. Meanwhile Nurse Lucille March learns a shocking secret about her sister Audrey that will change lives forever.

by Anonymousreply 167May 8, 2020 1:56 AM

R167 I wish! In reality, The episode is from November 27, 2018 and features Jordan and Curtis’ honeymoon crasher.

by Anonymousreply 168May 8, 2020 2:17 AM

The one episode I've always wanted to see a second time was waaayyy back in the 70s when Laura killed David Hamilton. I've never been able to find it on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 169May 8, 2020 8:42 AM

The show will be featuring episodes honoring the character of Audrey, soon to be played by the magnificent Shearoun Stiegele.

by Anonymousreply 170May 8, 2020 3:09 PM

R46 I think someone is confused. When Herbst audition to play Sarah back in the 90s, they decided although she wasn't right for the role, they liked her so much that the role of Elizabeth was created for her. Initially Elizabeth was going to be Alexis daughter, but then decided to make her another Webber. This was years before Sam was a character.

When NLG first joined the show as Alexis' she was shown making mysterious phone calls to a person we never got to see, but I always thought it was her child.

by Anonymousreply 171May 8, 2020 3:47 PM

r171

those stories are why I love the DL(other than the gay stuff)... I love BTS shit

by Anonymousreply 172May 8, 2020 4:04 PM

Brando and Lucas would be hot. Also like idea of Jax taking a younger secret lover on the side.

by Anonymousreply 173May 8, 2020 7:14 PM

If they insist on keeping Jax around, they should pair him with Sasha although I prefer they send him back down under.

by Anonymousreply 174May 8, 2020 7:19 PM

When GH resumes, I suspect Ingo's twitter postings will get him written off once again. This time for good.

Maybe Antonio can arrange to give him a part in his movie????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 8, 2020 7:42 PM

I’m sure fellow Trump fan SK would hire him on his Amazon series.

by Anonymousreply 176May 8, 2020 9:03 PM

It seems like there are a lot of Republican soap stars.

by Anonymousreply 177May 8, 2020 9:27 PM

Joshua Morrow from Y&R is a Republican too. So is Jonathan Jackson. Jackson's sister wrote an anti-Clinton book and works for Betsy DeVos. She's also a lez!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 9, 2020 2:20 AM

And then there are all the crazy Christians over at Days of Our Lives.

by Anonymousreply 179May 9, 2020 2:44 AM

Remember, soap stars are like the blue collar workers of the acting section of the entertainment industry, which is not meant to be disrespectful. It's just that soap actors work long hours compared to other actors and for less pay. And sometimes soap actors can be a little bit bitter that their careers have not progressed past soap acting. And sometimes the actors who choose soap opera do it because they have no other choice or they want the stability of soaps versus the uncertainty of prime-time, film, and stage.

Not defending anyone's politics, just trying to post possible reasons as to why you find more republicans in soaps than in other genres. But I think it would be safe to assume that their are more Ingos, Kimberlins, and Antonios versus Nancy Lees.

As for Missy Reeves, Jesus was her penance for savoring the beautiful cock of Jason Brooks.

by Anonymousreply 180May 9, 2020 2:48 AM

R178 I swear JJ was talking anti-Clinton politics as a child in interviews. His sister is also a sexual assault survivor.

by Anonymousreply 181May 9, 2020 5:15 AM

Some of the changes that is happening on Australian soap Neighbours could possibly be coming to GH, Y&R and B&B when they are allowed to resume taping.

by Anonymousreply 182May 9, 2020 5:38 AM

Upcoming Friday Flashback episodes:

Friday 5/15/20 is GH's 55th anniversary episode from March 30, 2018. Sonny and Mike Sr. have a party at metro court

Friday 5/22/20 is GH's 52nd anniversary episode from April 1, 2015. Luke's backstory of how he killed his parents.

by Anonymousreply 183May 9, 2020 5:47 AM

[quote]Some of the changes that is happening on Australian soap Neighbours could possibly be coming to GH, Y&R and B&B when they are allowed to resume taping.

For those of us who aren't Australian, could you describe what those changes are?

by Anonymousreply 184May 9, 2020 5:49 AM

No older actors, no kissing or intimacy, small groups of actors filming all their scenes together on a limited number or sets, little or no interaction between the different sets of actors, no extras. If extras are needed the crew will act as the extras. Also, only minimum hair and makeup for women and none for men.

by Anonymousreply 185May 9, 2020 6:08 AM

GH, more than the other shows, is uniquely positioned to integrate Covid into their story and use it to reset the show -- if they wanted. But, I don't think anyone would have the balls to do it. It could be a huge game changer.

by Anonymousreply 186May 9, 2020 6:22 AM

Sadly, MB, isn’t old enough to fall in the older category of actors that wouldn’t be allowed to film. Unless I’m mistaken out of current characters only Robert, Monica, Bobbie, Scott, and Mike would.

by Anonymousreply 187May 9, 2020 6:35 AM

If the cut off is 60 and older, that could include Ned, Alexis, Mac, Anna.

by Anonymousreply 188May 9, 2020 6:40 AM

As "dirt" poor as Days is and cramming taping. How are they going to deal with this?

R186 While interesting you just know MB isn't going to like having the focus or spotlight taken off him with a story like that.

by Anonymousreply 189May 9, 2020 7:04 AM

R178

How in the hell can a lesbian be supportive of Trump & De Vos????

by Anonymousreply 190May 9, 2020 11:26 AM

So weird hearing the news that COVID-19 is producing this Pediatric Multi-System Inflammatory Syndrome in chidlren. News reports say that it mimics the rare pediatric disease of Kawaski Disease.

I've heard of Kawasaki Disease before. Thanks to General Hospital. 26 years ago in 1994. That is the disease that a young Maxie Jones had necessitating her needing a heart transplant, which she ultimately got from her cousin BJ.

by Anonymousreply 191May 9, 2020 2:20 PM

Maybe Lulu's daughter (Charlotte) could be taken out by it, R191. Then Lulu could leave town to grieve or whatever. It would free up Valentin to be rid of those two. He could go full evil.

by Anonymousreply 192May 9, 2020 5:45 PM

Valentin, Nina, Sasha, and Willow can all exit as well.

by Anonymousreply 193May 9, 2020 5:53 PM

About five exits are coming up.

by Anonymousreply 194May 9, 2020 5:58 PM

r194, can you give us any more info?

My guesses would be:

Max Gail

Finola

Kid that plays Dev whose name I don't know and don't care.

Brianna

Can they re-recast Nik, please?

by Anonymousreply 195May 9, 2020 6:06 PM

R181 Back in 2000, he and his brother performed at a Bush rally.

by Anonymousreply 196May 9, 2020 6:33 PM

I love Valentin and I like the idea of having Charlotte die and him becoming full evil. Really, he should be the new Helena. He could even get some hot manservants!

by Anonymousreply 197May 9, 2020 6:36 PM

That actor who plays Dev was among the actors who took a nucast photo recently.

by Anonymousreply 198May 9, 2020 6:54 PM

Yeah, Valentin is the only new edition I think is a real value to the show. Mostly because of the actor, I think JPS is great, but only if they keep him kind of evil.

Nina, Peter, Willow and that other chick that I can't tell apart from her, and most of the twink teen guys can go. NuJordan too. Get Curtis with someone already long in the cast who needs to get interesting. If Kirsten Storms get herself together they might be cute. Rebecca Budig maybe?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but bring back Morgan as being bitter and blaming Sonny for his horrible life and mental illness woes. He, Michael and Sonny can clash. He and Michael can clash over a woman, maybe Britt.

by Anonymousreply 199May 9, 2020 7:42 PM

Do something interesting and put Curtis and Laura together. Or have Laura and Lulu get invovled with the same man (shades of David Hamilton) -- since no soap would touch the story, as it was original told, back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 200May 9, 2020 8:08 PM

GF and DT have incredible chemistry but the show wouldn’t go there. I wouldn’t mind seeing him chem-tested with Becky. I’ve finally warmed up to NuJordan but I wish they’d try her with someone else.

R195 Idk the full list but the Sasha actress and WR are supposedly on it.

by Anonymousreply 201May 9, 2020 8:14 PM

Thanks r201.

I thought it futile to even wish WR would get his walking papers, glad to hear there is hope.

by Anonymousreply 202May 9, 2020 8:40 PM

I find Franco super-boring.

by Anonymousreply 203May 9, 2020 10:41 PM

R197

You need to put down the pipe if you think sniveling, weak ineffectual Valentin could ever be compared to Helena. He's a pretentious Euro Trash cry baby.

by Anonymousreply 204May 10, 2020 12:12 AM

R188 Since we were discussing the Australian soap reopening plan, which has also been adopted by the UK soaps, according to reports, I think the cut off is 65. It is a smart idea, but I am uncomfortable with just telling them they absolutely cannot work. I would leave it open for them. If they decided they weren't comfortable filming, it would be fine and wouldn't matter in terms of their future, on the show. But, if they decided they wanted to come in and film, they would free to. They know they are higher risk, and if they want to take the chance it should be their choice. Though the studio would have to be protected by some kind of liability waiver.

by Anonymousreply 205May 10, 2020 1:32 AM

Yes, it does smack of liability concerns and it seems a bit wrong-headed, if you ask me. Age is such an arbitrary factor when other comorbidities potentially play a much larger role. You can be 30 years old, yet be on immunosuppressants for a chronic condition like lupus or RA, have asthma, a congenital heart defect, recent chemotherapy....you get the general idea.

by Anonymousreply 206May 10, 2020 1:47 AM

Days would be especially hard hit if all the actors 65 and older stopped taping due to COVID fears -- Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn, Stephen Nichols, Lauren Kaslow, Josh Taylor, Suzanne Rogers, John Aniston, Susan Seaforth Hayes, Bill Hayes and James Reynolds. Half those people are in front burner stories right now.

Y&R would lose Eric Braeden, Peter Bergman and Jess Walton.

B&B would lose John McCook.

by Anonymousreply 207May 10, 2020 2:11 AM

If the rumors of FH's illness last year are true, I imagine she would not want to expose herself.

by Anonymousreply 208May 10, 2020 2:14 AM

NLG wouldn't work either not just because she's 64 but her fiance is battling cancer. He's been going thru chemo.

by Anonymousreply 209May 10, 2020 3:12 AM

R203 So does RoHo.

by Anonymousreply 210May 10, 2020 5:16 AM

Concerning the upcoming flashback episodes, they could skip the 55th Anniversary episode, it was a major dud! I am excited to see the Luke-centered 52nd Anniversary episode, because it was the best material he had, had in decades. But, I really wish they would re-run the 50th Anniversary episode, it was one of the best anniversary episodes I've ever seen. The only one I liked better was the Guiding Light 70th Anniversary. I am very interested in what they are going to do when the new episodes run out, which should be soon.

by Anonymousreply 211May 10, 2020 5:30 PM

Can anyone (clearly, not me) with anything pertinent to share, please do so? We live in a litigious society that would never see people of a certain age be excluded from work without financially bankrupting those responsible. Ain't happening.

And to those whose panties seem moist over Valentin, order me a double of whatever you're having. He's been idling in the exit lane waiting for Peter (and Willow and NuLu and Neil and Todd Manning) for years.

by Anonymousreply 212May 10, 2020 6:38 PM

Are these soap actors being paid during this shut down?

by Anonymousreply 213May 10, 2020 8:20 PM

R213 The actors on Days are probably not but if they're its at a pay cut scale.

by Anonymousreply 214May 10, 2020 9:02 PM

A contract is a contract. The actors who have one will be paid for their days guaranteed worked, whether or not they are actually able to work those days this year.

All of the Days actors were released from their contracts months ago. No pay there. When the show resumes production, it will be determined which ones get offered new contracts.

by Anonymousreply 215May 10, 2020 9:10 PM

I think if they are on contract they still get their base amount, that was cited as one of the reasons DAYS fired everyone when they went dark last year. It is also why I suspect we are getting largely recent “classic” episodes. So they will largely be paying residuals to currently appearing cast members, to keep them happy.

by Anonymousreply 216May 10, 2020 9:10 PM

R215

Braeden from YR said no one is getting paid.

by Anonymousreply 217May 10, 2020 9:54 PM

The actress who plays Gabi was allegedly upset that Days was asking her to take a pay cut.

by Anonymousreply 218May 10, 2020 10:55 PM

Could she join GH? Hope not

by Anonymousreply 219May 10, 2020 10:57 PM

Actors are required to be paid within 10 business days of filming. If they are not filming, they are not getting paid.

by Anonymousreply 220May 10, 2020 11:33 PM

R220 Do they get paid for filming those intros to the flashback "classic" episodes?

by Anonymousreply 221May 11, 2020 12:42 AM

Does anyone know, if GH had filmed the Nurse's Ball episodes for this year yet? Or will we run out of episodes before that? It would be the one thing they could put together like the SNL: At Home episodes, since that is what events like the Nurse's Ball are doing in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 222May 11, 2020 12:54 AM

I wonder if the show will pick up from where it left off or will they do a time jump. I hope they are creative and look for ways to make the show better after the break.

by Anonymousreply 223May 11, 2020 12:56 AM

R219 Oh god no. She is AWFUL on DAYS. I wouldn’t mind Kate Mansi as NuLulu though.

by Anonymousreply 224May 11, 2020 1:02 AM

What the hell is Julie Berman doing these days? Why did she leave in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 225May 11, 2020 1:06 AM

Oh, please, I don't want to see these actors jumping around pretending it's dancing and croaking out a song pretending it's singing at home any more than I want to see them doing it on the GH sound stage. Let the damn ball go for this year. The only slightly interesting ball the show has had was the one when one of Liz's kids almost bombed the place or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 226May 11, 2020 1:32 AM

There most likely is a "force majeure" clause in the actors contract. It is included in many legal contracts and likely is in the contracts of the entire crew.

Force majeure is a legal term dealing with unforeseeable circumstances that prevent the fulfillment of the contract. A global pandemic and the cities/states going on lockdown would certainly be considered unforeseeable circumstances. Production companies probably are using that to avoid paying anyone while they cannot tape any episodes.

Whether force majeure would nullify the entire contract or just the payment portion, I do not know.

by Anonymousreply 227May 11, 2020 3:30 AM

We would have likely seen some sort of social media hint if they actually filmed a Nurses Ball before the shutdown. I won't miss it, but if there was a year that they should have had an event honoring nurses, this is the year to have one.

by Anonymousreply 228May 11, 2020 1:06 PM

They did not tape the NB before the hiatus. The last new show will air 5/21.

by Anonymousreply 229May 11, 2020 1:14 PM

The only event they taped before hiatus is Michael and Willow’s wedding.

by Anonymousreply 230May 11, 2020 3:46 PM

So what will be on Monday 5/25 and afterward? Reruns of GH or another show or extended news? I hope ABC doesn't put something on that gets better ratings than GH. They might just keep it. If GH is going to show complete reruns I sure hope it's ones from the late 70s to when JFP took over.

by Anonymousreply 231May 11, 2020 3:50 PM

Wonder if we will get the Nina's daughter reveal by 5/21?

If not, whenever they return they need to just time jump to Nelle's trial for having killed her mother Nina.

by Anonymousreply 232May 11, 2020 4:39 PM

Next thread for when this one craps out, which may be soon:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 11, 2020 4:48 PM

Thanks, r233.

by Anonymousreply 234May 11, 2020 4:55 PM

Au revoir, chatons!

See you at The Ball!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 11, 2020 5:21 PM

Starting Monday, May 25 through June 12, ABC will be airing select episodes of General Hospital’s wildly popular Nurses Ball from 2014-2015.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 11, 2020 6:18 PM

21014-2015?? Does anyone thing they meant 1994-2015

by Anonymousreply 237May 11, 2020 6:21 PM

They probably mean exactly what they tweeted and Frank will just have flashbacks inserted into every episode to stretch them out.

by Anonymousreply 238May 11, 2020 6:32 PM

Is this thread Murieled? Is there a link to a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 239May 14, 2020 8:11 PM

R239

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 14, 2020 8:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!