Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The GH Nurse's Ball 2020

Will consist of drunken chair dancing and kooky karaoke lip-synching from NLG's backyard.

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 2, 2020 2:33 AM

Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2020 4:54 PM

Bitte!

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2020 4:58 PM

You must be psychic, OP. Welcome Mat pulled on snake thread at 234 posts.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2020 5:04 PM

Exciting new topical storylines coming soon: Will Mike and nuAudrey be able to consummate their torrid love affair before the virus rips through their nursing care facility?

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2020 5:42 PM

I will cut that bougie sweater-guard wearin' bitch!

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2020 5:59 PM

Starting Monday, May 25 through June 12, ABC will be airing select episodes of General Hospital’s wildly popular Nurses Ball from 2014-2015.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2020 6:18 PM

For the love of God, STOP THE FUCKING WILLOW FLASHBACKS!!!

I'm sorry, this is breaking me. This is unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2020 6:47 PM

Someday I envision Willow dying in Chase’s hunky arms and him crying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2020 6:56 PM

Why is the show so obsessed with this boring, bland bitch? Enough!

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2020 7:00 PM

Thank you so much OP! Very much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2020 7:20 PM

I actually like Willow. And, her scene earlier this year when she found out Wiley wasn't her son and that her's had died, was extremely good. She showed that she can act, she just needs to be given the right material.

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2020 8:11 PM

I actually loved Willow until they made her baby crazy. I think the actress is great and IA about the scenes where Willow found out that Wiley wasn’t hers. Baby crazy plus pairing her with Michael means game over though. She’ll probably be dead soon.

by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2020 8:19 PM

So, without doing the Friday flashbacks and stretching one episode into two by inserting all those flashbacks, GH would have run out of new episodes last week.

Well, at l east they will get through May sweeps with new episodes. And typically, GH runs its Nurses Ball epsiodes around Memorial Day weekend. So, Frank airing a Nurses Ball repeat at that same time seems appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2020 9:22 PM

But no one wants to see the NB from 2014 and 2015. At least run the episodes from the 90s. CBS is putting this show to shame with their classic episodes and themed weeks. I’m sure we’ll get the Best of... Sonny/Carson/Jasam collections soon.

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2020 9:25 PM

what was happening during the 2014 and 2015 nurse's balls? I feel like there was one year when RC was writing that it was kind of good.

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2020 9:36 PM

Oh, Lord. R15 here. I just googled the 2014 Nurses Ball and a video came up of Kris Alderson as Kiki performing.

by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2020 9:42 PM

Which year did Spencer get Ronn Moss to come on to perform "Baby Come Back?"

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2020 9:45 PM

Tristan Rogers speaking his mind in this Cameo video to someone named Cassie, says the story lines are "pretty crappy" and there is nothing he can do about it.

He also says in both the Cassie and Skyla videos that Emma Sams was scheduled to return and Robert/Holly were going to be around for a while and then Emma got COVID19 and it all went out the window.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2020 9:53 PM

Another big reason they probably won't air old Nurse's Balls or any old Classic episodes is because they played a lot of Top 40 songs on the show. It would cost even more money.

It's something Soaps in general are really missing today.

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2020 10:09 PM

It's too bad Eddie Alderson got out of acting. He was much more talented than his sister and pretty cute. He's aged well. I'm surprised Frankie V. isn't knocking down his door.

Imagine if there had been a mini #metoo uproar from all of the past young twink actors FV hired over the years. Ford Brothers and their ilk.

by Anonymousreply 20May 11, 2020 11:40 PM

Today's Willowfest sucked. With little more than a handful of shows left this is what they give us, an almost all Willow show. What a snoozer and then what wasn't Willow was Brooke Lyn or whatever her name is. I can't stand her. She makes me feel sorry for Julian. Speaking of him, I guess he's going to be Nelle's character witness. How is it that she is always in the right place at the right time. That might happen to someone once in their life but it happens to Nelle every 5 minutes. What shit writing. I don't think I'm even going to miss the show during the time it's off the air with new shows. I'll be damned if I'll watch NB shows from just a couple of years ago. From the 90s I would love it, but not these. They were boring to sit though the first time. GH should stop being so cheap and pay for the older songs if they have to.

by Anonymousreply 21May 11, 2020 11:57 PM

GH doesn't go far enough back in it's episodes. I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2020 12:19 AM

When Jill Farren Phelps got hired as EP of GH, she AXED the Nurses Ball (which promotes AIDS awareness)

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2020 12:20 AM

[quote]Today's Willowfest sucked. With little more than a handful of shows left this is what they give us, an almost all Willow show.

At the time that the episode was written and taped, they didn't know they were going to go on lockdown and be unable to produce new shows.

Similarly, it was padded with flashbacks to help stretch out the remaining new episodes. .

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2020 1:32 AM

Looks like LC has sprained her wrist after breaking her hip a few years back. At this rate, the show is going to need to pull Anna Lee's old wheelchair out of storage very soon.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2020 8:33 PM

I can’t believe DoD is the current leading man on GH. Just unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2020 10:07 PM

Maybe TPTB had all the male actors use a tape measure to decide who will be lead and the DOD won hand's down, well, maybe not hands...

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2020 10:12 PM

What's wrong with LC's right eye. Did anyone else notice it?

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2020 11:35 PM

Maybe she injured it when she sprained her wrist?

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2020 11:43 PM

Lately, they have been writing Lucy very annoying, when she appears, but I loved her today! Especially, when she told off Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2020 1:31 AM

I hope Michael loses custody. And poor Avery in the previews asking Ava if she’ll forget her. Carly and Sonny need to die.

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2020 2:53 AM

Brook Lynn did a great job prettying up Willow. It's the best she's ever looked on the show.

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2020 4:29 AM

Real Andrews tweeted - then deleted - about not wearing face masks because he’s not “brainwashed”.

by Anonymousreply 33May 14, 2020 12:09 AM

Is that fucking moron the one who played Trina's father? If so I hope he never gets another job as long as he lives, which if he doesn't wear a mask might happily not be too much longer.

by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2020 12:42 AM

That’s him. I was excited when they brought Taggert back and then upset when they killed him off but he can stay gone. I wonder if he’s aware that Ingo is still selling masks. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 35May 14, 2020 1:19 AM

These actors are all hot messes behind the scenes. I'm just waiting for some idiocy from Chad Duel next.

Still love the rumor I read on DL that CD's girlfriend caught Kris Alderson sucking his Dick of Death at a BBQ at Brandon Barash's house.

by Anonymousreply 36May 14, 2020 2:54 AM

R36 Chad proved himself to be an idiot a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 37May 14, 2020 2:57 AM

[quote]Still love the rumor I read on DL that CD's girlfriend caught Kris Alderson sucking his Dick of Death at a BBQ at Brandon Barash's house.

I can't believe that little Starr Manning was such a slut. Damn girl.

by Anonymousreply 38May 14, 2020 3:01 AM

Wow, the one who played Starr must have some deep throat and absolutely no gag reflex.

by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2020 6:08 PM

Rumors of a Cyrus led drug epidemic hitting PC after they return with some cast, including vets, being killed off.

by Anonymousreply 40May 14, 2020 8:00 PM

Sasha will get addicted and be a fatality and good riddance imo, can't stand her voice.

I can't imagine which vets would get addicted. Who is stressed and would turn to drugs?

Blackmailed Jordan

Newly, unhappily married Julian

Disbarred Alexis

Nik distraught over losing 90% of his fortune

Franco overcome by 10 year anniversary of his crimes

Who are your guesses?

by Anonymousreply 41May 14, 2020 8:14 PM

R39 Maybe she's bulimic? I knew a bulimic in college and she had lost her gag reflex. She used to do a "party trick" where she shoved her arm down her throat. Then she recovered and her arm was too fat to do that.

by Anonymousreply 42May 14, 2020 8:21 PM

R41 I don’t think they get addicted but some end up casualties while trying to take him on.

by Anonymousreply 43May 14, 2020 8:27 PM

Ahhh, ok, makes sense r43.

Laura better NOT be a casualty.

I will keep Jordan on my list and add Harmony although she is a non-entity.

If Peter wants to die trying to redeem himself by taking down Cyrus, I'm good with that just as long as the actor leaves.

by Anonymousreply 44May 14, 2020 8:41 PM

Maybe Kristen was dickmatized.

by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2020 8:46 PM

I ff'ed through the recent fake wedding scenes. Did anyone who stayed awake through them notice if they explained why Harmony wasn't at the wedding?

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2020 8:49 PM

I could see TJ turning to illicit pain killers in the aftermath of his beatdown injuries. These days doctors are loathe to prescribe more than a really short course, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 47May 14, 2020 11:30 PM

At the wedding they did at least let Monica get in a dig about Lucy and Alan's past. If I was the wardrobe person I would have had Lucy show up to officiate wearing a big red hat and dress as a nod to her and Alan's wedding at the Quartermaine Estate. I remember that wedding, so vividly, even though I was only 6 or 7 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 48May 14, 2020 11:37 PM

No mention of Harmony. They also didn’t explain why Jason wasn’t there. Seems like he would’ve been. The worst part was seeing Monica so damn cordial with Carly and Sonny. It’s a joke at this point.

Drug epidemic should hit Sam. Get her on sleeping pills. It would help with KeMo’s lack of energy in every scene.

by Anonymousreply 49May 14, 2020 11:53 PM

[quote] The worst part was seeing Monica so damn cordial with Carly and Sonny. It’s a joke at this point.

It doesn't bother me anymore. I just figure that Monica has resigned herself to the fact that if she wants a relationship with Michael or Jason, she has to be at least cordial with Carly and Sonny. I've known many people who dislike people, but they put up with them to maintain relationships with people they have in common.

by Anonymousreply 50May 14, 2020 11:58 PM

Sorry, was hoping one of you had the YT link to the Ladies of Loving chat? I gather major tea was spilt on producer Joe Stuart. And Noelle Beck gave the poop on her nose job.

by Anonymousreply 51May 15, 2020 12:09 AM

[quote]The worst part was seeing Monica so damn cordial with Carly and Sonny. It’s a joke at this point.

Even in real life, sometimes people just let shit go. I don't think Monica will ever forget the pat, but she knows that it's easier to keep the peace with them in order to keep Michael in her life. (That's the way I justify it).

by Anonymousreply 52May 15, 2020 12:28 AM

Certain grudges should be long-standing. That’s soap. I’m sick of everyone bowing down to Carson and being chummy with them. They want us to watch Mayor Laura and Sonny giggling with one another but then have Carly threaten others by using Sonny’s name in the next scene. He literally killed her son but Monica is all “Make yourself comfortable! Would you like some tea?”

by Anonymousreply 53May 15, 2020 1:06 AM

R36

It wasn't Chad's girlfriend that found KA giving him a blow job. It was his wife. All of that got exposed when his wife's sister blew (pardon the pun) it all sky high on social media. His wife divorced him post haste.

by Anonymousreply 54May 15, 2020 4:09 AM

R33

Real Andrews did more than tweet he wasn't wearing a mask. He linked his tweet to his FB page with a shit load of dangerous conspiracy bullshit. I know social media is each actor's domain but when they start linking to inflammatory misinformation then it's time ABC steps in. These are dangerous times & sadly there are deluded idiots who will follow through on things.

He's also a part of some sort of mental health Ponzi scheme. That is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 55May 15, 2020 4:15 AM

Good to know r55, thanks.

I read RA is good friends with MB, wonder how Mo feels about the mental health stuff..

Taggert can stay dead.

by Anonymousreply 56May 15, 2020 4:22 AM

Tomorrow’s “Flashback Friday” airing is the 55th anniversary episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 15, 2020 4:43 AM

I'll skip that one, it was one of my least favorite anniversary episodes of any soap.

by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2020 4:53 AM

Molly Lansing-Davis is starting to sprout a monobrow.

by Anonymousreply 59May 15, 2020 5:24 AM

^^^

All of Alexis' kids are terrible.

by Anonymousreply 60May 15, 2020 5:32 AM

I thought they were going to replay Luke's special episode

by Anonymousreply 61May 15, 2020 11:43 AM

I believe that episode is next week.

by Anonymousreply 62May 15, 2020 1:47 PM

That is one I will watch, it and the 50th Anniversary episode were very good. Today's was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 63May 15, 2020 5:43 PM

Why is Alex worried about what to do with her life, she is old enough to retire? Also, I'm getting very tired of Sam's attitude with Brando.

by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2020 12:30 AM

Because I can't stand how Julian's past is constantly brought up against him, I would have made this story his grand redemption. He would have gotten on the stand, admitted his wrongdoings concerning Wiley, and told how Nelle blackmailed him into marriage. He could sink her case, ensuring Michael gets full custody. Then he could be written out for a few months, while in jail. Sonny, Carly, Michael, etc. could then agree to forgive him, since he sacrificed his freedom to screw over Nelle. Then everyone could move on.

by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2020 1:11 AM

So... it’s okay for Michael to get a quickie marriage but not okay for Nelle to do the same thing? It’s also okay for Carly to threaten Martin, a lawyer, using Sonny’s name? Come on, GH.

I hope Nelle wins, takes that kid and leaves town. End this story!

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2020 1:57 AM

NuAudrey will debut at the end of the week! What a cliffhanger!

by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2020 2:10 AM

R66 Michael got a quickie marriage to little miss perfect, Nelle got one to a convicted felon and former mobster. I can't understand why Nelle thought it was going to help her. I think Julian gets a bad rap, compared to what others on the show gets away with, but there is no way he equals things out when compared to Willow.

by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2020 2:12 AM

I know Julian and Willow aren’t equal but to see everyone attack Nelle for doing the same to better her chances which is what Michael did... Listen, I cannot stand Nelle and I’m over the character but I am just so sick of CarSon and Co. always acting so superior to everyone. To hear Carly say things like “Having Michael made me a better person” and “I never used my kids as pawns” is beyond ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 69May 19, 2020 3:12 AM

[quote] I know Julian and Willow aren’t equal but to see everyone attack Nelle for doing the same to better her chances which is what Michael did...

I don't know, to me it is different because while they both did last minute marriages to help their case, Michael actually thought his out and got the best person. Nelle just reacts like a spoiled child. She heard Michael and Willow got married, so she went out and blackmailed one of the worst people she could find to marry. I'm almost surprised they didn't have her marry Cyrus. Though I agree about Carly and Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 70May 19, 2020 3:36 AM

My dvr fucked up and I wasn't able to record today's episode. But after reading the comments, I think I'm kind of glad. Curious, though. Did Chase and/or Sasha appear at the trial? (spying from the back, of course).... and did Nina testify? thanks.

by Anonymousreply 71May 19, 2020 5:51 AM

No Chase or Sasha at trial.

Nina hasn't testified yet.

Nelle was clutching the half heart necklace in her hand at the trial.

by Anonymousreply 72May 19, 2020 5:53 AM

The only way this trial would've been interesting is if Lucas came forward & challenged Michael & Nelle for custody. Nelle's a lunatic ex-con murderer. She quickie marries Julian the ex-mobster. Michael's an ex-con murderer whose family are craven mobtsers.

Lucas would have viewers rooting for him. Bobbie would be torn but support Lucas in the end. Carly would be irate.

Who gives a shit about Sasha, Willow or Nelle?

by Anonymousreply 73May 19, 2020 7:12 AM

nuAudrey will be revealed to be the drug mule for Cyrus into her nursing home

by Anonymousreply 74May 19, 2020 1:03 PM

Is the reason Jason hasn't taken out Nelle or Cyrus (as they all seem to encounter each other often) because TPTB are still trying to deify Saint Sonny? They've castrated Julian and turned Ava into a drunk. Cyrus makes a veiled offer to help her get Avery away from Sonny and she doesn't bite?

As soon as I saw that fucking half heart necklace all I could think is that insta-twins Willow and Nelle, along with Mama Nina, are going to eat this show.

by Anonymousreply 75May 19, 2020 1:10 PM

Willow has a half heart necklace as well??

by Anonymousreply 76May 19, 2020 1:15 PM

Of course GH dropped Lucas from this story. They can never give him anything to do. Not even a cameo in court.

In other news, NLG is doing a Santa Barbara reunion soon. I hope she gets Marcy Walker to appear.

by Anonymousreply 77May 19, 2020 3:06 PM

Anyone watch “The Story of Soaps”? It turned into one big Andy Cohen special. The first hour started off so strong.

Genie had the best tidbit though:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 20, 2020 3:14 AM

R78

I really enjoyed the special. I could have lived without Mo. He came off as such an ass. I also wish it had had stars from AW/GL/ATWT speaking.

by Anonymousreply 79May 20, 2020 12:20 PM

The commentator lineup was rough. I also wish they’d gotten more stars from those soaps and really went in depth. They could’ve done so much more regarding daytime. Andy had more screen time than Genie, Susan and Erika combined. It was pretty disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 80May 20, 2020 1:56 PM

Tomorrow...

The final episode of General Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 81May 20, 2020 6:59 PM

Thank god.

by Anonymousreply 82May 20, 2020 8:38 PM

Something stupid about this custody hearing, why the fuck would Diane not call Monica as a witness? They are trying to paint Michael's home as the best environment for the child. He lives with his grandmother, who is the highly respected Chief of Staff at General Hospital. She would have been one of the first people I would have called as a witness.

by Anonymousreply 83May 21, 2020 1:34 AM

And isn’t Dr. O in on it? Where is she? They couldn’t pay Ryan Carnes for a few days work either?

by Anonymousreply 84May 21, 2020 2:24 AM

R84 Yes, she was part of the baby switch. But thanks to Peter she is now awaiting trial in The Hague.

by Anonymousreply 85May 21, 2020 2:29 AM

Yes, r83 that would also give me the opportunity to cross examine under oath Dr. Quartermaine about her participation in the recent fraudulent surgery of a young child.

All I say, I say, in a flawless Southern accent

by Anonymousreply 86May 21, 2020 2:50 AM

R86 Monica would have no way of knowing the consent form was forged. Doctors don't really handle paperwork. Now, if it was Bobbie, it would be different.

by Anonymousreply 87May 21, 2020 2:56 AM

I used to love courtroom drama but I can't do that with the blatant bias on GH.

In a real soap they would've had Martin eviscerate Carly on the stand and called Sonny to the stand as well. Diane asked Carly today if after all the shit Nelle's pulled has Carly ever retaliated or caused Nelle any danger or pain. Carly said no. WTF??

Martin should've brought up that Carly locked Nelle on the roof in the freezing cold. He could've called Liz to back that up since she found her. Martin should've had Sonny on the stand tearing him a new one about his criminal history. But no, GH gives Sonny & his cronies a pass.

by Anonymousreply 88May 21, 2020 2:57 AM

So tomorrow is the last episode until they start taping again, which could be months away, not just the last episode of the week?

by Anonymousreply 89May 21, 2020 3:24 AM

Correct r89, last new episode until they start taping again.

by Anonymousreply 90May 21, 2020 3:27 AM

Odd that Tad only brought up Carly shooting Tony. It’s like they can’t remember character history or even what they had onscreen last year or last week. It’s all so bad.

I think we get Flashback Friday and then 2014-2015 Nurses Ball repeats.

by Anonymousreply 91May 21, 2020 3:29 AM

If Nelle really turns out to be Nina's daughter, (which is the laziest storyline idea in some time), it makes no sense for Nina to be so nice to her now. Where's the drama when she discovers the locket?

by Anonymousreply 92May 21, 2020 4:53 AM

R92 the only way to make it interesting is to make Nelle and Willow twins. Chase and Michael will have each been with both sisters.

by Anonymousreply 93May 21, 2020 5:08 AM

R87

We already saw in flashback that Monica and Bobbie were in cahoots about the forged consent form.

by Anonymousreply 94May 21, 2020 5:45 AM

Twitter thinks Liv is pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 95May 21, 2020 5:58 AM

R94 We know that. But it would be hard to prove that the chief of staff knew.

by Anonymousreply 96May 21, 2020 6:07 AM

Liv as in Olivia is pregnant? Again? Isn't she a little long in the tooth?

by Anonymousreply 97May 21, 2020 12:01 PM

Also, who really cares about Olivia? Why give her a big storyline even? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 98May 21, 2020 12:09 PM

It will probably be either Molly, Willow or Sasha. IDGAF about any of them.

by Anonymousreply 99May 21, 2020 12:25 PM

Monica’s pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 100May 21, 2020 3:05 PM

I guess she could be.The actress is fifty. It isn’t uncommon to have a late in life pregnancy. I just don’t see a story reason for it, just like Carly’s last pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 101May 21, 2020 4:27 PM

It seems like they were going for a special needs baby story re: Carly’s pregnancy but backtracked so now Donna is just another kid in the attic.

by Anonymousreply 102May 21, 2020 5:15 PM

Wonder if they were gearing up for a who killed Julian story line when taping ended, several mentions of his death. Is WdV's contract up for negotiation?

by Anonymousreply 103May 21, 2020 8:16 PM

R100 That would be a better storyline than Maxine getting knocked up by Peter.

by Anonymousreply 104May 21, 2020 9:11 PM

Daytime Emmy Nominations:

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Finola Hughes (General Hospital)

Katherine Kelly Lang (The Bold and the Beautiful)

Heather Tom (The Bold and the Beautiful)

Maura West (General Hospital)

Arianne Zucker (Days of Our Lives)

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Steve Burton (General Hospital)

Thorsten Kaye (The Bold and the Beautiful)

Jon Lindstrom (General Hospital)

Thaao Penghlis (Days of Our Lives)

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Tamara Braun (General Hospital)

Rebecca Budig (General Hospital)

Susan Seaforth Hayes (Days of Our Lives)

Christel Khalil (The Young and the Restless)

Annika Noelle (The Bold and the Beautiful)

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Mark Grossman (The Young and the Restless)

Bryton James (The Young and the Restless)

Wally Kurth (Days of Our Lives)

Chandler Massey (Days of Our Lives)

James Patrick Stuart (General Hospital)

Paul Telfer (Days of Our Lives)

OUTSTANDING YOUNG PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES

Sasha Calle (The Young and the Restless)

Olivia Rose Keegan (Days of Our Lives)

Katelyn MacMullen (General Hospital)

Eden McCoy (General Hospital)

Thia Megia (Days of Our Lives)

OUTSTANDING GUEST PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES

Elissa Kapneck (The Young and the Restless)

Michael Knight (General Hospital)

Eva LaRue (The Young and the Restless)

Jeffrey Vincent Parise (The Young and the Restless)

Chrishell Stause (Days of Our Lives)

The 47th Annual Daytime Emmys will air Friday, June 26 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

by Anonymousreply 105May 21, 2020 9:13 PM

LOL, rooting for Tad to win best guest performer! Who is Katelyn McMullen? One of the boring new girls who I honestly cannot tell apart (Willow and whatshername)?

I wish they would get rid of 90% of the newer characters. Most of them are so dull and unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 106May 21, 2020 9:23 PM

Katelyn MacMullen plays Willow.

I'm presuming that sound you just heard was Laura Wright tearing her La-z-Boy apart.

by Anonymousreply 107May 21, 2020 9:28 PM

Katelyn plays Willow. Almost positive the reel she submitted was Willow learning that Wiley wasn’t hers. I think she was pretty good but I think it’ll either be Eden or the girl with the bug eyes from DOOL.

I can’t believe SB scored a lead nod. And Budig in supporting? For what?

by Anonymousreply 108May 21, 2020 9:30 PM

William Lipton who plays Cameron should have been nominated. He was better than those nominated in the newly merged younger category and he was also better than most of those nominated in the supporting actor.

by Anonymousreply 109May 21, 2020 9:33 PM

R109, I'm shocked he wasn't nominated. I thought he would be.

by Anonymousreply 110May 21, 2020 9:36 PM

Just about to say that, r109. It's shocking he was left off when that Haley from Days and screechy Eden are nominated. Suspect that category will come down to Keegan and Katelyn (Keegan is not a good actor overall, but she was strong at the end of her run, when her sudden turn to pyro was revealed).

by Anonymousreply 111May 21, 2020 9:36 PM

Jason Thompson was also nominated in Lead Actor, FYI.

by Anonymousreply 112May 21, 2020 9:42 PM

William and the kid from B&B we’re both snubbed. But Eden is Frank’s golden girl. I’m shocked Max Gail was also left out.

by Anonymousreply 113May 21, 2020 9:47 PM

Steve Burton best actor? There goes the entire credibility out the window.

by Anonymousreply 114May 21, 2020 9:49 PM

r112, thanks. I got the list from ew.com, guess they forgot JT.

by Anonymousreply 115May 21, 2020 9:50 PM

What did Thaao do to be nominated for lead?

by Anonymousreply 116May 21, 2020 10:00 PM

OMG some dumbass intern at the EMMY office fucked up the paperwork. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 117May 21, 2020 10:05 PM

r105, we love you for posting it!

by Anonymousreply 118May 21, 2020 10:14 PM

I hope James Patrick Stuart wins. I love Valentin!

by Anonymousreply 119May 21, 2020 10:17 PM

What is the cutoff for Young Performer? It just seems odd to have Joslyn and Willow, both, in that category. In addition, it seems apparent that young men were the ones hurt by making the category gender neutral.

by Anonymousreply 120May 21, 2020 11:17 PM

r120

I think it's under 25

by Anonymousreply 121May 21, 2020 11:58 PM

R108 If she submitted the reel where she discovered her baby died, I genuinely think Katelyn MacMullen could win. That was undoubtedly a very good performance.

by Anonymousreply 122May 22, 2020 12:43 AM

I can’t remember a single standout performance from Rebecca Budig. I hope Tamara wins just for having to be apart of that horrific Franco/Drew mess.

I thought Steve was great yesterday but Kimberly McCullough brought out the best in him. Best work he’s ever done. No idea how he managed a lead nod.

by Anonymousreply 123May 22, 2020 12:45 AM

r123

Robin was on yesterday??

by Anonymousreply 124May 22, 2020 12:59 AM

R124 No. lol. Just thinking about when he actually tried in scenes.

by Anonymousreply 125May 22, 2020 1:03 AM

Damn, GH lucked out. Nina being sworn-in was naturally a dramatic way to end on a cliffhanger, until they can return.

by Anonymousreply 126May 22, 2020 1:15 AM

Least believable plot point ever was Maxie not eating a meal today. Clearly, she’s knocked up.

by Anonymousreply 127May 22, 2020 1:48 AM

Anyone understand what this tweet from NLG to TB could mean?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 22, 2020 1:53 AM

R123

If I had to guess I'd say Budig submitted Hayden's goodbye scenes.. She tweeted that she shared her nom with Easten & the little girl who plays Violet.

Those were strong scenes. I remember crying through them

Yeah, I know....MARY!

by Anonymousreply 129May 22, 2020 9:05 AM

R128

I don't know WTF Nancy's talking about. TB didn't "walk away" from GH. She was fired. TB even admitted that.

by Anonymousreply 130May 22, 2020 9:06 AM

There are 2 glaring omissions for me.

#1 William Lipton totally deserved a nomination over Thia. She was awful. Did he submit the wrong scenes or what?

#2 Camila Banus screwed herself by submitting in Lead. She's too young to go for Lead. She'd have walked away with a nom & a win if she had submitted in Supporting.

I am ecstatic that Benard & Duel were omitted.

by Anonymousreply 131May 22, 2020 9:11 AM

IDK what happened with William. Camila got a big head from Stabi and went for lead. She’s been campaigning all year.

And maybe there’s more to that TB story. Perhaps Frank asked her back and she said no.

by Anonymousreply 132May 22, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote]@NancyLeeGrahn Replying to @TamaraBraun So, You are a cool broad who had the ethics to walk away from what is now accepted to walk away from. I have always had enormous respect for you. Happy to see your nom.

"What is now accepted to walk away from" sounds like either a metoo thing or a gender-based salary inequity. I'm gonna guess the latter.

by Anonymousreply 133May 22, 2020 4:45 PM

I'm also guessing it's #MeToo and from her first stint on GH not the recent mess.

by Anonymousreply 134May 22, 2020 4:50 PM

Why would she agree to return in a new role then?

by Anonymousreply 135May 22, 2020 5:31 PM

New management?

by Anonymousreply 136May 22, 2020 5:36 PM

There could be a number of reasons she would agree to return:

Wouldn't be interacting with the person(s).

Person(s) is/are gone now.

Needed the money and hoped #MeToo era would force people to act better.

by Anonymousreply 137May 22, 2020 5:38 PM

Would GH bring TB back as yet another character so soon?

by Anonymousreply 138May 22, 2020 5:49 PM

They aren't bringing TB back, we are just speculating about NLG's tweet and why TB agreed to return as Kim Nero.

I do wonder what bill of goods FV sold her to get her back and how disappointed she must have been with the rubbish he delivered.

Also wonder what happened with Elisabeth Hendrickson, she did the requisite MB fawning on SM yet got immediately backburnered and then faded into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2020 5:59 PM

Like TB, EH was brought on to try and keep BM happy in a new couple. He shitcanned his scenes with her as well. Since EH didn't have other strong character connections, she didn't last as long as TB.

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2020 6:43 PM

They were clearly headed towards Margeaux and Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2020 6:48 PM

If EH came on the show thinking that her character was going to permanently break up Sonny and Carly, she must not have watched the show very long

by Anonymousreply 142May 22, 2020 6:55 PM

Tamara Braun may or may not return, but you can bet her character Kim will. With baby Franco in tow.

Does anybody doubt this?

by Anonymousreply 143May 22, 2020 8:00 PM

R143

I don't see TB or Kim ever returning.

by Anonymousreply 144May 22, 2020 8:38 PM

If the show is still ticking 15 years from now the bastard spawn will suddenly show up on Franco's doorstep, sassy, needy and full of ART! just waiting to be nurtured.

by Anonymousreply 145May 22, 2020 8:45 PM

TB’s exit interview basically threw out any notion that she’d ever return. Frank screwed her over. She should’ve been brought back as Carly.

by Anonymousreply 146May 22, 2020 8:46 PM

Today's flashback episode reminded me of a few things. In the first place, Anthony Geary could actually still turn in good performances when provided a good script/fascinating story. Second I desperately miss Ron Carlivati. He could be excessive at times, but he comprehended how to mine the history of the show. Without it feeling forced. Thirdly Laura Wright should absolutely wear her hair shorter. She looked better as Lena than she has in years.

by Anonymousreply 147May 23, 2020 4:27 AM

^^^

People can criticize Geary for many things but the man could act. He has deserved every Emmy he's won. Yesterday's episode really was fantastic TV and something that was mined from history.

LW had super short hair at one point during GL and it looked chic & fabulous on her. She looks like a dowdy soccer mom now.

by Anonymousreply 148May 23, 2020 12:02 PM

Bring TB back as Carly!!! The real Carly.

I think NLG tweet was about the abuse TB dealt with her first round as Carly. With tptb that didn’t value her or other female actresses in contrast to male counterparts. I guess Mo talks about bullying her on GH set in his book.

by Anonymousreply 149May 23, 2020 10:58 PM

It annoys me how Franco constantly complains about how expensive being with Elizabeth is because she has kids. Why marry someone with kids if that bothers you?

by Anonymousreply 150May 24, 2020 12:13 AM

It annoys me that Liz is broke yet again. She’s a surgical nurse and the one character consistently shown at work. Is this the only thing they can come up with for Becky Herbst?

by Anonymousreply 151May 24, 2020 12:49 AM

R151 When it comes to Liz's money problems, I have to ask are Lucky and Jason deadbeat dads? Also, does GH pay well below the norm to their nurses? The average RN with 10-19 years experience can typically expect hourly pay of $33.36, in the US, according to payscale.com. The average salary for an Art Therapist, like Franco, realistically is between 36 and 62,000/year. Between their salaries and child support, it is foolish to depict them as having money problems.

by Anonymousreply 152May 24, 2020 1:13 AM

R150

I don't see him "complaining" about how expensive it is. I see him as wanting to provide for her kids which is more than any other man has, He doesn't resent the kids or their cost at all.

This is all a contrived re-write because TIIC either can't remember what they wrote or are creatively bankrupt. We saw on screen that Franco received a shit ton of money after he settled the claims against him and sold the rest of his collection. Scott brought the check to Franco/Liz's home. We saw on screen where Franco paid for Kiki's medical school, where he set up college funds to pay for each of the boys, he personally funded the art therapy department and he set up funding for a women's shelter.

Now they want us to swallow that they have money issues? Bullsjit.

R152

Dialogue on screen had Liz says she gets no child support from Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 153May 24, 2020 1:24 AM

R152 Cameron should also be entitled to Social Security survivor's benefits.

by Anonymousreply 154May 24, 2020 1:30 AM

R153 I hate how they ruined the character of Lucky. He could be selfish and had a dark side, but I can't believe he would not provide for his son. R154 Yep, I forgot that one.

by Anonymousreply 155May 24, 2020 1:32 AM

So Laura raised a piece of shit deadbeat dad. She must be so proud.

Who was Cam's father?

by Anonymousreply 156May 24, 2020 1:33 AM

Cam's father was Zander Smith, who committed suicide by cop.

by Anonymousreply 157May 24, 2020 1:35 AM

R153 The show is playing it like he and Liz are struggling, but yeah, they shouldn't be.

Also, they did this plotline once when Liz and Lucky were together, but not married. Liz agreed to be a surrogate for Lax and Courtney because her and Lucky were having money problems that made no sense then either.

by Anonymousreply 158May 24, 2020 1:36 AM

R152 Once, when Elizabeth went to Diane for legal advice, she [Diane] said that Jason's retainer covered Elizabeth and her kids. You'd think it he would do that, he would also pay child support!

by Anonymousreply 159May 24, 2020 1:38 AM

Lucky is supposedly now a deadbeat dad and why doesn't Elizabeth ever ask Jason for child support money?

by Anonymousreply 160May 24, 2020 1:57 AM

R159 Exactly, it just doesn't make sense. Not to mention that the grandmothers Monica and Laura, would be sitting her down and saying, "look if my worthless son isn't paying for my grandchild, I have more than enough to chip in." Even if Liz is too stupid to take the money, Monica and Laura, when she was on the board, could and would pull some strings to make sure Elizabeth got a great paycheck from GH, considering that not only is she their grandchild's mother, but she is the grandchild of Steve and Audrey Hardy.

by Anonymousreply 161May 24, 2020 2:04 AM

Jason offered Liz money in a trust set in Emily’s name when they broke up but she declined. I refuse to believe he’s never given her any money for Jake though. That would be out of character for Jason. But R153 is correct - they just can’t remember what they wrote. No way should Friz be having money problems. At least show us why onscreen. Have Franco draining their accounts or something. Anything to make him more interesting than Mr. Mom.

by Anonymousreply 162May 24, 2020 2:24 AM

Thanks R157. I didn't watch in the Zander days.

by Anonymousreply 163May 24, 2020 2:49 AM

The co-HW Dan O'Conner gave an interview to SOD recently. He said he liked writing Franco/Liz as the have nots. He said everyone else in PC is of means and he liked making them to blue collar couple.

IMO it would make more sense to make LuLu the have not. Her husband was a cop who is now unemployed & hospitalized. She has had a very spotty job history who is now trying to live on the salary of a reporter.

Liz/Franco don't have to be wealthy a la the Qs but they definitely should be comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 164May 24, 2020 5:37 AM

R164 You forget that Lulu owns The Haunted Star.

by Anonymousreply 165May 24, 2020 5:51 AM

Yes but poor Lulu, she doesn't even have Luke's phone number. Robert had to have the Q's call Tracy to get it.

by Anonymousreply 166May 24, 2020 7:34 AM

Unless Franco is planning an art robbery , a bank heist or an embezzlement from the hospital, his and Elizabeth's money woes are worthless talking points. Nobody has to turn tricks, sell drugs or strip to pay the rent on soaps anymore.

Anybody remember the shithole Jesse and Jenny lived in when they ran off to NYC on AMC? I think that would've been considered "relatable".

by Anonymousreply 167May 24, 2020 12:26 PM

If Sam isn’t sitting around on her ass dreaming of Jason’s dick then she’s going around town barking at people. I’d say let her money problems but she’s been living off Jason since she sat her pregnant ass on that couch in his PH.

by Anonymousreply 168May 24, 2020 2:34 PM

Basically Liz is the Nurse Jesse of the show. She never gets a man, pined away after one for years, then when she gets one he's psycho and nuts. She constantly has a cloud of doom over her head. The only thing she's missing is the signature sweater and the Nurse's cap.

by Anonymousreply 169May 24, 2020 2:46 PM

Which I don’t understand because both Becky and Liz have a large following but she’s always, always brushed aside with lackluster writing. It’s infuriating to watch as a Liz and Becky fan.

by Anonymousreply 170May 24, 2020 3:21 PM

R169 Well, she has played Nurse Jessie in flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 171May 24, 2020 3:42 PM

R169

Yeah the show had Liz making bad choices with me thru the years. Lucky was an absolute dick after the fire. Ric loved her but couldn't stop his vendetta against Sonny. Jason never loved her enough to put down his gun or be a dad. He always loved Sam way more. Franco may have been coo coo in the past but he's loved her enough to truly be committed to only her & to truly love those kids. That's more than any man has ever done.

It's been nice to see Liz in a committed relationship with a man who adores her but TIIC need to write them something that isn't ludicrous like this money shit & being fodder for Nik/Ava.

by Anonymousreply 172May 24, 2020 5:55 PM

R172 I agree, concerning Franco. Yes, he has done horrible things, but when it comes to Liz he has treated her better than any of the other men she has been with.

by Anonymousreply 173May 24, 2020 5:59 PM

Jake should absolutely have Quartermaine shares.

by Anonymousreply 174May 24, 2020 7:17 PM

Franco is a jealous ass. He was awful to her at the beginning of their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 175May 24, 2020 7:40 PM

Are these "have-nots" writers the same ones who had Jordan and Curtis fret over medical bills that were from an accident that was 100% caused by one of the richest men in town?

by Anonymousreply 176May 24, 2020 9:07 PM

R176 Not to mention she is the Police Chief. Her medical insurance would be top of the line.

by Anonymousreply 177May 24, 2020 9:13 PM

Plus she was injured while working in the line of duty. PC needs a better Police Union

by Anonymousreply 178May 24, 2020 9:27 PM

R178 Since Sonny, the mob godfather, doesn't do any of the other things mobsters do to make money, he must be controlling the local police and nursing unions. He is stealing the dues and taking bribes from employers.

by Anonymousreply 179May 24, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote]Since Sonny, the mob godfather, doesn't do any of the other things mobsters do to make money, he must be controlling the local police and nursing unions. He is stealing the dues and taking bribes from employers.

But this show won't let Sonny be a mobster. How many times have people asked what does Sonny traffic in? Girls, drugs, guns, counterfeiting, loan sharking or something else or all of it? Having Sonny be tied up in union activities would be an interesting storyline. But for some reason the mobster can't be the bad guy, they have to keep bringing other mobsters who "worse" than Sonny.

And don't get me started on that Jason mess.

by Anonymousreply 180May 24, 2020 11:08 PM

^^^^

It is impossible to make anything about Sonny about interesting. The character is so played out & it is beyond painful to watch Mo try and act. The stammering. His pitiful attempt at trying to cry.. His tics.

by Anonymousreply 181May 25, 2020 12:00 AM

That is what causes Sonny to be such a dull character, he is obviously prosperous, so he must be involved in something. Yet the show has established that he will not traffic drugs or girls, which are primary sources of cash for the real mob. And, they would never let him be a gunrunner. So what exactly is he "importing" and "exporting," counterfeit sneakers?

Conceivably that is why the authorities can never apprehend him, he is just pretending to be a mobster.

by Anonymousreply 182May 25, 2020 2:19 AM

He’s a “good bad guy” yet Carly continues to use his name while threatening people.

by Anonymousreply 183May 25, 2020 2:52 AM

How did they write off that stuff with Karen from back in the day? He was clearly running girls back then.

by Anonymousreply 184May 25, 2020 3:11 AM

R184 I think they just explained it away as he was working for Frank Smith at the time and when he took over the organization he stopped it.

by Anonymousreply 185May 25, 2020 3:20 AM

I think they write Sonny as a wimp. WTF kind of mobster wouldn't have had Nelle killed by now or other people that are so dangerous to his family and I mean his real family, not even a mob family. I'd have more respect for Sonny if he had the bitch wacked.

by Anonymousreply 186May 25, 2020 3:44 AM

Exactly, if MB is so insistent that his character be written as good and TPTB are insistent that he be kept on the show, have Sonny’s “good” law abiding twin come to town and Sonny go away. It is a soap so the audience would buy that better than a mobster who doesn’t do anything seedy. Right now Sonny’s character is like if Susan Lucci had insisted that Erica Kane be a man eater who never has sex before marriage.

by Anonymousreply 187May 25, 2020 5:21 AM

Part of nuAudrey’s storyline aside from the triangle with Monica will be a huge loan to Liz. Shearoun Steigele, the actress who will play Audrey March (Hardy), is elated for the scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 25, 2020 6:08 AM

Wasn't Sonny shown onscreen giving Karen drugs?

by Anonymousreply 189May 25, 2020 6:26 AM

^^^^

Yes, Sonny was giving Karen drugs. He also slept with her while she was drugged & unable to give consent. Probably his most heinous act towards her was telling her she enjoyed being sexually molested by her step father. They should've let Scotty kill him & we'd have been spared 2 decades of that SOB.

by Anonymousreply 190May 25, 2020 10:29 AM

Sonny was involved with the dockworkers' union back in the 1990s. There was some storyline where Carly accidentally called a strike. When Sonny ran his first club, there were prostitutes, but he was never their pimp. Mike's old girlfriend - the blonde ex-prostitute (Tammy?) - said that Sonny never made them do anything, he just turned a blind eye. And after Karen's addiction, Sonny vowed to never have anything to do with drugs again.

Putting aside Sonny's legal investments, Sonny's primary business appears to have been illegal gambling - which is funny, because thanks to the Supreme Court's ruling on sports betting, most of Sonny's business would be legitimate now, as long as he took out the appropriate licenses. At one point, Sonny described his business to Zander, I forget how he phrased it but it included money laundering. Since we know that Sonny was involved with the Five Families, presumably he was money laundering with his partners. As for the illegal products that Sonny ran, we don't know what they were, but it could have been stuff like Cuban cigars, cigarettes, that kind of thing. For my own amusement, I always presumed that what Sonny ran was unpasteurized milk - apparently there's an underground market for that kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 191May 25, 2020 4:01 PM

The PCPD investigated Sonny's treatment of Karen and he was charged with something like Corruption of a Minor, which had no jail time. Years later he cut some deal with the FBI, and Alexis said that he had immunity for all crimes prior to that date. She made a point of telling Roy that he didn't have the same deal.

by Anonymousreply 192May 25, 2020 4:07 PM

GH could never do a Karen storyline these days. That was good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 193May 25, 2020 4:15 PM

We should do a thread about soap stories from the past that you couldn't do today.

by Anonymousreply 194May 25, 2020 4:32 PM

Maxie being pregnant is so ridiculous. Everything about Peter should be exposed leading to his imprisonment. Then Maxie should opt for an abortion.

She would have many reasons: Peter being the dad, just landing her dream job that is going to take up much more time, already being a distant mom to Georgie.

The last abortion was 16 y/o LuLu. This would be a grown ass woman choosing because of her personal/professional life.

by Anonymousreply 195May 25, 2020 4:45 PM

[quote] already being a distant mom to Georgie.

That is why she wouldn't. She wants to make up for her past mistakes by being a good mother to James and any other children she might have.

by Anonymousreply 196May 25, 2020 4:55 PM

The pregnancy plot was rumored to be changed. Supposedly KStorms was called in last minute to film those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 197May 25, 2020 5:22 PM

If Maxie is pregnant, the soapy thing is for Peter's crimes to be exposed and the revelation would cause her to miscarry.

by Anonymousreply 198May 25, 2020 5:27 PM

R198

It's 2020. Having a miscarriage is so anachronistic. Maxie should & would opt for an abortion.

R196

Having an abortion doesn't make you a bad mother.

by Anonymousreply 199May 25, 2020 5:32 PM

R199 People still have miscarriages all the time. They have not disappeared. Around 1 million miscarriages are reported in the US every year. That isn't counting the women who miscarry without medical care.

No one SHOULD opt for an abortion. Women can choose to have one, but there is no one who should. Should indicates obligation, duty, or correctness. No woman is obligated by duty or correctness to chose to terminate a pregnancy. That is a problem with so many activists today, many are no longer "pro-choice" they are pro-abortion. They want to control people as much as the anti-abortion ones do. One wants everyone to have an abortion and the other one wants no one to have one.

Also, I didn't say that an abortion would make her a bad mother, only that a woman with her history would be less likely to make that choice because she would want more children to make up for her previous mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 200May 25, 2020 6:13 PM

I did not know, until surfing Wikipedia today, that in real life Nurse Jessie was married to Jesus! Well almost, Emily McLaughlin married Jeffrey Hunter three months before his death.

by Anonymousreply 201May 25, 2020 7:49 PM

R200

Climb down off the cross, SJW. We are discussing soap story for fuck's sake.

The topic was stories the soaps no longer do. Case in point: abortion. There hasn't been one since LuLu was 16. Maxie having an abortion would make perfect sense if GH had any balls left. Shit, they never should have even made her pregnant with the grossly received Peter. They need to be crafting a Who Killed Peter story (huge number of suspects) instead of another pregnancy for Maxie.

by Anonymousreply 202May 25, 2020 8:52 PM

R202 What upset me was erroneously calling miscarriages anachronistic. I know people who have suffered from them, they are not anachronistic, they still happen every day. What is really anachronistic is an adult educated well-off women like Maxie having an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy, in the first place. She is not the sort of person for whom birth control is out of reach.

by Anonymousreply 203May 25, 2020 9:02 PM

It's almost a relief to get a break from this show. No more having to force yourself to get through an episode.

Really hope they come back from this break inspired, but who am I kidding?

by Anonymousreply 204May 25, 2020 9:10 PM

I want to believe they were building up to a Who Killed Peter story and don't even mind if they repeated the Maxie's husband dies while she's pregnant story again BUT I think it's wishful thinking. More likely they once again tried to write Parking Lot Peter off and once again LW snarled about it and they backed off and had to turn it into a Peter is a changed man and redeemed due to being a father story. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 205May 25, 2020 9:17 PM

If the show wants to write for poor people, let Sonny and Carly's lose all their assets when the government seizes everything from the gruesome twosome due to the mob war with Cyrus . At least that would be a somewhat interesting and unexpected story line.

by Anonymousreply 206May 25, 2020 9:22 PM

R203

You must be a frau. Jesus, why are you even here?

Calling miscarriages "anachronistic" was in terms of soap opera tropes. Of course people have miscarriages.

Slide off to a frau soap board.

by Anonymousreply 207May 25, 2020 9:50 PM

R207 If they still happen, they are not anachronistic. By your logic abortion stories would be anachronistic because they have been done for decades.

I'm not a "frau" I just happen to know couples that have suffered from miscarriages, including one couple who suffered multiple ones while trying to have a child. It is a sad and heart wrenching experience for them and people who care about them.

by Anonymousreply 208May 25, 2020 10:02 PM

R206 Mo and LW would likely never go for that.

by Anonymousreply 209May 25, 2020 11:53 PM

People are always calling for Frank's head, but if the talent has sway about storylines (R209), that's even worse. They should just report to work and try their best to act.

by Anonymousreply 210May 25, 2020 11:58 PM

Soaps will have a character consider abortion, but it has been very rare for characters to actually go through with it. The drama of an unwanted pregnancy can fuel a show for quite some time. It's just the soapier option.

If you read the soap history books, there was a point in the 70s when several shows had abortion stories, but this was post Roe and the country wasn't as uptight about certain things as we are now. From the 80s on, in the rare instances when abortion was chosen, there was always major consequences for the act afterwards.

It's more clean for a writer to go the miscarriage route than the abortion route. It's just a drawback of network television and the conservative soap opera audience.

by Anonymousreply 211May 26, 2020 12:04 AM

For the last 2 pregnancies, there were scenes where Maxie was warned that she's at high risk due to her heart transplant. Will they even bother mentioning this to her again this time and have her ignore medical advice again?

She's already raising one grandchild of Faison. Guess raising 2 won't bother her. Looks like she'll be single handedly resurrecting the Faison legacy herself.

by Anonymousreply 212May 26, 2020 12:15 AM

IDGAF about fat Maxie or over exposed Peter. Both need to go.

by Anonymousreply 213May 26, 2020 12:17 AM

R212 It will either be a scare or she will miscarry. I don't think they will have her actually have another baby. Especially, since I'm almost certain that Molly will end up pregnant and not know who the father is. Now, she is a character who would most certainly choose an abortion, but it will cause a rift between her and TJ, especially if he thinks it is his baby.

by Anonymousreply 214May 26, 2020 12:20 AM

R210 Frank is worse because he allows it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 215May 26, 2020 12:31 AM

I think it is wrong that they let the actors have so much control over their storylines, but the network probably figures it is a cheaper alternative to paying them more.

by Anonymousreply 216May 26, 2020 12:33 AM

Actors dictating the show is the reason why it’s in its current state. And it’s only CERTAIN actors. MB literally got the Michael Q story dropped. KeMo makes demands and brings absolutely nothing to the show. LW refuses to be in a pairing with WR but throws a fit when they try to drop him. But let Rebecca Herbst go in and demand a story or pairing and Frank would laugh in her face or get another pink slip ready.

by Anonymousreply 217May 26, 2020 12:59 AM

Didn't NLG request the Cassadine/Watch story be dropped? That would have been far more interesting than her relationship misadventures.

I bet LW also dictates who WR can be paired with, doubt she wants him with anyone young, attractive, slim and who he has chemistry with. KSt is safe.

by Anonymousreply 218May 26, 2020 1:05 AM

Frank is a coward for continuing to allow actors to dictate storyline and who remains on cast.

But lets not forget it was JFP and Brian Frons who allowed that to start in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 219May 26, 2020 1:22 AM

It's not just on GH that this happens. Kristen Alfonso who plays Hope on Days is said to have demanded that her character not be called or directly referred to as Grandmother on Days even with her grandchild onscreen. Eric Braeden over on Y&R is said to have demanded that his character Victor almost always be given the last word in any conversation he has. It's also been rumored that Mo has had a certain level of control over the stories GH does for the Michael character and that he helps tanks ones that he doesn't like.

by Anonymousreply 220May 26, 2020 2:00 AM

R209 I don't get that. As actors, you think that they'd want a juicy storyline!

by Anonymousreply 221May 26, 2020 2:28 AM

Some soap actors have story approval written into their contracts. Tony Geary, in later years, chose story approval over pay raises. GH is more guilty of this than any other soap. I wouldn't consider not wanting to be called Grandma because of out of control SORASing the same as killing a storyline. Even though KA has a history of getting actors she didn't like fired.

by Anonymousreply 222May 26, 2020 2:37 AM

R218 NLG famously doesn't like playing Cassadine related stuff.

by Anonymousreply 223May 26, 2020 2:37 AM

R223 Then why did she accept a role as a Cassadine?

by Anonymousreply 224May 26, 2020 2:46 AM

Was she always supposed to a Cassadine? Wasn't that a retcon?

by Anonymousreply 225May 26, 2020 2:47 AM

She was brought to Port Charles by Stefan Cassadine, with whom she had a close bond. And, Luke then helps her discover that she is in fact Natasha Cassadine. So no, I don't think it was a retcon. It was pretty clear from the beginning she would be in Cassadine stories.

by Anonymousreply 226May 26, 2020 2:53 AM

Being a Cassadine is the only thing interesting about Alexis these days. She hasn’t had good writing in years.

by Anonymousreply 227May 26, 2020 2:58 AM

Thanks R226.

by Anonymousreply 228May 26, 2020 3:03 AM

R226 She thought she was his cousin and they grew up together. Luke later found out that they were related. The plotline was obvious - I knew when she was introduced she would end up being Stefan's sister.

by Anonymousreply 229May 26, 2020 3:03 AM

R224 No idea. She gave an interview to one of the soap mags years ago where she said that "nobody's interested in the Cassadine's."

Wrong, Nancy!

by Anonymousreply 230May 26, 2020 3:07 AM

There is a good reason they are actors and not writers. They need to stay in their lane.

by Anonymousreply 231May 26, 2020 3:10 AM

Exactly how far did Frank manage to stretch the new episodes once the lockdown started? I know we got two extra weeks thanks to the Flashback Fridays and another week or so thanks to padding them with flashbacks.

But on the new episode that aired on Wednesday, May 20, Ava presented Franco with a $15,000 check for her portrait. That check was dated April 23.

by Anonymousreply 232May 26, 2020 3:36 AM

If these conceited assholes don't like their story lines then someone should tell them to hit the road. Does anyone believe Laura Wright is bringing in viewers? Bet there are plenty of actresses willing to step into a role like that. Hell, if Maurice Benard can't get along with the writers, inform him he will be part of a new story called... Who Killed Sonny! At this point what does GH have to lose?

by Anonymousreply 233May 26, 2020 3:38 AM

[quote] if Maurice Benard can't get along with the writers, inform him he will be part of a new story called... Who Killed Sonny! At this point what does GH have to lose?

Thousands and thousands of viewers. Maurice is hugely popular with middle aged women. Especially those in the New York area. They would picket the studio and make protest calls for weeks. Might boycot the show. With rating so low, GH can't afford to alienate any viewers.

That's been the problem for the past 20 years for all the shows. They're scared of alienating any viewers, afraid of ratings going down.

by Anonymousreply 234May 26, 2020 3:49 AM

It must be New York women, because I never see anyone near me that likes him anymore. I know a woman who used to like him, and she still says he is cute but boring.

by Anonymousreply 235May 26, 2020 4:15 AM

This thread is about to come to an end, so here's the next one up:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 26, 2020 4:19 AM

R232 The checked was dated April 23, 2019! A few months ago there was a close up of some paperwork with “Quartermaine“ was spelled wrong. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 237May 26, 2020 2:36 PM

If you are missing new episodes, I just discovered soaps.com is publishing fan fiction to tide us over. They posted one today, that would never happen on the actual show, Monica finally confronts Carly over AJ and Nelle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 26, 2020 5:28 PM

Watching this week's Nurse's Ball has left me with a few questions

#1 Who did Sonny cheat on Olivia with?

#2 How the hell did we get so lucky to not have any Carly during this week?

#3 Where's Ava? Did KiKi come to PC before Ava? I don't remember that.

by Anonymousreply 239May 28, 2020 12:49 AM

Anyone else hear that Tyler Christopher was arrested today?

by Anonymousreply 240May 28, 2020 11:54 PM

R240

Details!

by Anonymousreply 241May 29, 2020 9:28 AM

Soaps.com posted another new fan fiction for those missing new content. Julian and Lucas have a confrontation over Nelle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 29, 2020 4:28 PM

Ingo showed his ass yet again regarding race in America.

I can not believe I ever wanted him back on GH.

by Anonymousreply 243May 30, 2020 10:37 AM

He’s awful.

by Anonymousreply 244May 30, 2020 2:04 PM

Chemistry-free CarSon week is up next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 2, 2020 2:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!