Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Terrible Movie Sequels

The worst sequel I ever saw was Grease 2--horrid in every way

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2019 9:18 PM

Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo is a superior sequel.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2019 4:11 PM

I don't think I ever saw it all the way through, but what I remember of the Addams Family Reunion was awful. Apparently it's never even been released on DVD, which speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2019 4:16 PM

Return to Sleepaway Camp was complete and utter shit.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2019 4:20 PM

Muppets Most Wanted (the one with Ricky Gervais)

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2019 4:54 PM

Silent Night Deadly Night 2. Practically all of the movie was flashbacks to the first film.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2019 6:24 PM

Trail of the Pink Panther (1982), where reporter Joanna Lumley searches for Inspector Clouseau, who has disappeared; the film was cobbled together from deleted scenes from The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976) following Peter Sellers' early death in 1980, with Lumley's interviews with previous co-stars such as David Niven, Capucine, Burt Kwouk, etc.

Then, to add insult to injury, Trail of... was immediately followed by Curse of the Pink Panther (1983), which has Ted Wass, of all people, brought in to be a new inept police detective.

The movies were made concurrently. David Niven was in such ill health that he could barely whisper, so Rich Little dubbed him. Sellers' widow, Lynne Frederick sued Blake Edwards and the studio, saying the film "insulted the memory" of her husband.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2019 6:49 PM

GREASE 2 had a hot guy and great music.

You can't say it was horrible in EVERY way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2019 6:54 PM

We've done this thread a million times before, including leading with GREASE 2.

Please F&F the Redundant Thread Copycat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2019 7:04 PM

Honestly, the OP was just yammering about this 2 months ago. Is it too much to ask not to repeat threads every two, damn months??

It's a mental illness combined with trolling. Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder and/or autism. It really pollutes and poisons Datalounge. Why do you think this site has so few users and subscribers compared to the past?

Because it's the same Aspie troll repeating itself + professional right-wing propaganda trolls.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2019 7:07 PM

I'll NEVER stop repeating "Worst Sequel" threads!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2019 7:12 PM

Hangover 2, hands down. It was essentially the same as the original. It added nothing new, and the story was identical. I hated the movie so much, that it made me realize that pretty much all major studio movies were cash grabs, and I have not looked at movies the same since. I even stopped going to movies for about a year after that, because I thought the movie exists solely to make money, and had nothing to do with art. I know I shouldn't expect art from something like Hangover 2, but the whole movie and the industry disgusted me after that.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2019 7:14 PM

[quote] GREASE 2 had a hot guy and great music.

Guy is hot but the music is awful

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2019 8:15 PM

Beyond the Poseidon Adventure. Not even Telly Sevalas could save that stinker.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2019 9:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!