Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Worst Sequels!

I nominate Karate Kid III. Danny LaRusso looks pudgy and short. He still acts like the teenage kid from the first movie and is constantly shrieking at Mr Myogi. The movie sets are cheesy and fake looking.

The end scene where he wins the tournament has huge applause, but there's like 50 people in the audience. The applause is like from a foot ball stadium.

The whole movie looks like someone decided to make the cheapest movie possible.

by Anonymousreply 86May 24, 2020 7:21 AM

Highlander 2: The Quickening (aka: The Sickening)

I dare you to sit through it.

I double-dare you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2015 12:14 AM

To paraphrase someone else, The Exorcist II might have been a great movie if it was in some other language besides English.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2015 12:16 AM

Godfather 3

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2015 12:25 AM

Amityville Horrir, Exorcist

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2015 12:26 AM

Legally Blonde 2. Sally Field playing a cunt with a cunt playing the lead.

Nutty Professor 2: A Klump of Shit.

The Matrix Sequels

That Indiana Jones sequel with a cranky Harrison Ford, cunty Cate and Shia.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2015 12:26 AM

Porky's II: The Next Day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2015 12:34 AM

Poltergeist's subsequent travesties.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2015 12:35 AM

Showgirls 2:Pennies from Heaven. Just look up the trailer on YouTube and get ur life.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2015 1:05 AM

All of them?

Anyway, Airplane 2 was horrid. Exorcist II had some interesting visual moments but it's risible from beginning to end.

Pazzuzu take me to Kokumo!

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2015 1:17 AM

Die Hard 2. It wasn't the same without Alan Rickman.

Also Pirates of the Caribbean - #2 was okay, but #3 was horrid as was every version after that.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2015 1:21 AM

I remember seeing Karate Kid III in the theater with my sister and brother and we made fun of it the whole way through. Macchio did look bloated and way too old to still be so whiny and immature.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2015 1:29 AM

Basic Instinct 2

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2015 1:29 AM

Karate Kid III is so so bad it's good. The villain (Thomas Ian Griffith) is comical and spends most scenes hugely smirking or laughing. I find him oddly attractive as this character. Macchio, Morita and Kove are clearly there for the paycheck, and the script is full of plot holes. Nevertheless, I've seen it, and laughed through it, many times.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2015 2:14 AM

The Jewel of the Nile was a big letdown after Romancing the Stone

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2015 2:20 AM

Sex and the City 2!

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2015 2:22 AM

I was molested in Grease 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2015 2:23 AM

Lorna, those of us who saw your performance feel just as violated.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2015 2:38 AM

She looks like Lens Dunham LOL

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2015 3:03 AM

"Staying Alive"!!!

They took the likeable kid from "Saturday Night Fever" and turned him into a narcissistic jerk with the same name, and put him in the ludicrous position of going from neighborhood disco dancer to the lead in a Broadway show with no training in between. Of course the finale is so hilariously camp that it almost redeems the movie, but not in the way that the filmmakers intended.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2015 4:05 AM

"Jaws: The Revenge" (#4) makes "Jaws 3-D" look like Spielberg's "Jaws."

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2015 4:38 AM

Alien Resurrection Jurassic Park III All the Jaws sequels All the Star Wars "prequels" All the Harry Potter and Twilight sequels, with the original movies thrown in for good measure Indiana Jones 3 and 4 All the Predator sequels Godfather 3

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2015 4:58 AM

FFS, take 2:

Alien Resurrection

Jurassic Park III

All the Jaws sequels

All the Star Wars "prequels"

All the Harry Potter and Twilight sequels, with the original movies thrown in for good measure

Indiana Jones 3 and 4

All the Predator sequels

Godfather 3

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2015 5:00 AM

Jurrasic Park III was terrible but JP IV made it look like Citizen Caine.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2015 7:30 AM

Batman and Robin - the fourth and final film in the 90s series, and George Clooney's only turn in the role. So bad it killed the franchise dead in its tracks. It's a fixture on Worst Films of All Time lists.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2015 8:03 AM

Beyond the Poseidon Adventure...a sequel to a movie that ended with a handful of survivors being rescued from a ship that was moments from sinking.

Oh, wait! It's gonna hang on for another day and feature MORE survivors we've never seen before and the production design is completely different than from the first film!

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2015 8:17 AM

There are some pretty bad one listed already.

Sex in the City 2 was terrible.

Speed 2.

here's a good list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2015 9:54 AM

Shock Treatment

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2015 10:49 AM

R22, some of the later Harry Potter movies where definitely better than the first. I don't think you can really count those.

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2015 10:58 AM

Babe In The City is great! Haven't seen the other films in that link, but they do sound like crap.

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2015 11:16 AM

How could anyone say that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is bad? It's the 2nd best of the franchise. Temple of Doom is IMO much, much worse.

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2015 1:21 PM

It'd be easier name the good sequels

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2015 1:56 PM

If viewed completely separately from Rocky Horror, Shock Treatment isn't that bad of a movie (and actually has a few catchy songs). But yes, as a sequel, it's pales in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2015 2:06 PM

Boy oh boy, am I glad I aged out of [italic]Annie: A Royal Adventure[/italic] so Ashley Johnson could suffer the humiliation instead.

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2015 2:10 PM

Pet Cemetery 2

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2015 3:07 PM

We own this thread.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2015 3:07 PM

Blair Witch 2 was the absolute worst sequel of all time.

No resemblance to the original, a horror movie or a movie, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2015 3:16 PM

Hellooooooo

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2015 4:11 AM

The Phantom Menace

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2015 4:18 AM

Matrix 2

Avengers AoU

Hangover 2 (although the first was shit already)

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2015 4:23 AM

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2015 5:30 PM

Desi Arnaz, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2015 6:56 PM

That's just mean, R41.

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2015 7:08 PM

Funny Lady

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2015 7:10 PM

What about television movies that attempt to reunite cast members from television shows? Some of them have time lines that are way off, such as The Waltons. They brought them back a couple of times, for events such as the moon landing. If the kids had been a certain age during the depression, it didn't add up, for example, that Elizabeth had just served in the Peace Corps. Then there's the Baldwin sisters, who were old during the depression, yet were still somehow around during the reunion episodes.

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2015 7:20 PM

I actually liked this, but there were many walk-outs and it did not do well at the box office. It's technically a prequel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 21, 2015 11:07 AM

Blues Brothers 2000--music was good and it was nice how they remembered Jake/Belushi, but no laughs from a talented cast!

by Anonymousreply 46October 21, 2015 11:13 AM

I never saw the Blair Witch sequel (and I know a lot of people don't like the original), but it must have been bad - it completely killed the franchise. After the first one they announced they had plans for at least two more movies (I think the third one was going to be more of a prequel), and possibly more. After the second movie you never heard of future Blair Witch movies again, even direct to video.

by Anonymousreply 47October 21, 2015 1:50 PM

R22 is a jackass.

Indy 3 was a charming rollick and the Prisoner of Azkaban was a trippy adventure with a poignant theme -- best Harry Potter ever!

by Anonymousreply 48October 21, 2015 2:42 PM

Fire walk with me scared me SHITLESS

by Anonymousreply 49October 21, 2015 4:52 PM

Weekend At Bernie's 2 was horrible. The first was fun but the second was sad.

by Anonymousreply 50October 21, 2015 4:58 PM

Grease 2

by Anonymousreply 51October 25, 2015 3:54 AM

Arthur 2: On The Rocks

by Anonymousreply 52October 25, 2015 5:01 AM

Paranormal Activity:Ghost Dimension (tied with part 4)

by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2015 10:50 PM

It was a miniseries but the sequel to "Gone With the Wind", "Scarlett" was tedious, overlong, and so badly acted, lit, costumed, written, shot, cast, and so on that it is an unintentional eight-hour laugh-fest.

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2015 11:00 PM

I was a kid when SHREK came out, and I absolutely loved it. But the sequels were such a let-down. There were a few fun moments, but they just didn't have the charm that made the original so clever and unique.

by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2015 11:20 PM

Sex & The City 2 is not only the worst sequel, it's one of the worst movies ever.

(I'll admit I love Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom, r30.)

by Anonymousreply 56October 25, 2015 11:33 PM

Apollo 13 (Apollos 1-12 were far superior.)

by Anonymousreply 57October 25, 2015 11:59 PM

Lol[R57]

by Anonymousreply 58October 26, 2015 2:33 AM

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me is a brilliant film, completely underrated. Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise give incredible performances. I think people didn't like it because a) it was too dark; b) the film cut out most of the characters and focused on Laura and c) the Twin Peaks phenomenon had passed.

Agree with r56. Sex and the City 2 is an abomination. Whoever came up with the story should never work again.

Temple of Doom is a lot of fun. Kate Capshaw's performance though is terrible. She was a charmless heroine unlike Karen Allen.

by Anonymousreply 59October 26, 2015 2:41 AM

The Twin Peaks movie is a very different creature from the tv show but it has some very very powerful stuff in it. Yes, it's a prequel - but in many ways, it's a sequel that looks back on the events the preceded the show through the lens of how the show ended. So it's more like a spiritual sequel to the series - and should not be viewed before watching the show.

Basic Instinct 2 made me realize how dumb and mentally ill Sharon Stone is - how the f did she read that script and say "yes." lunatic. Sex and the City 2 made me feel like bashing Michael Patrick King and SJP for losing all touch with reality. Indiana Jones with the awful Cate Blanchett and Shia - so bad on every level. The Star Wars prequels. duh. (I don't know why people are putting themselves through the hype machine again for The Force Awakens - prepare to be disappointed all over again, dummies) Gremlins 2 has some clever stuff in it but gone is the contained horror of the first one in exchange for campy bits. The thrill is gone. Legally Blond 2: let's pretend Reese never really evolved in the first movie and make her a total cartoon at the beginning of the movie - again. Batman Returns - yes, Pfeifer is brillz - but she's stuck inside a really unappealing movie with a confusing and icky A storyline. DeVito is repulsive in the movie and makes it unwatchtable. And the camp one-liners wear thin. Jurassic Park: The Lost World - a weird sequel with none of the fun of the first movie and some weird PC casting - Jeff Goldblum was a great character actor/supporting character in the first movie - terrible as a lead in the second one. (Spielberg loves to try and make his Jewish stand-ins the leads - like the awful Shia - but...it never works - sorry, Jewish characters are better as sidekicks i.e. Dreyfuss in Jaws, Goldblum in J Park)

by Anonymousreply 60October 26, 2015 3:10 AM

Other than the racist and anti-semetic shit, I agree with[R60]. I want to add ALL of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre sequels. All of them, pt2,3,4, and the 3D (which is technically part 5 but is marketed as part 2 for some dumb reason) own this thread. The remake series was superior to the official sequels.

by Anonymousreply 61October 26, 2015 3:30 AM

I had a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2015 11:29 AM

Why did the OP of this thread feel we needed to do this again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 22, 2019 7:10 PM

The new Star Wars trilogy. It's just a matter of time before it's removed from the canon.

by Anonymousreply 64March 14, 2020 3:16 AM

[quote]Jurrasic Park III was terrible but JP IV made it look like Citizen Caine.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 65March 14, 2020 3:21 AM

Xanadu 2 was horrible. What was Kim Cattrall thinking?

by Anonymousreply 66March 14, 2020 3:31 AM

Sex and the City 2 wins this hands down

by Anonymousreply 67March 14, 2020 3:33 AM

Be grateful I spared you from Sex and the City 3.

by Anonymousreply 68March 14, 2020 4:15 AM

Ironman 2 was awful. Mickey Rourke as the Russian Villain. The part where he is attacking Goop and fat Jon in the car but RDJ plenty of time to put on his suit.

by Anonymousreply 69March 14, 2020 4:32 AM

Ironman 2 was awful. Mickey Rourke as the Russian Villain. The part where he is attacking Goop and fat Jon in the car but RDJ plenty of time to put on his suit.

by Anonymousreply 70March 14, 2020 4:32 AM

I did a show with Lorna’s husband and we hit it off. I told him to tell Lorna that I LOVED Grease 2 and he glared at me and never spoke to me again.

by Anonymousreply 71March 14, 2020 4:44 AM

Sophie's Choice 2 was boring as fuck

by Anonymousreply 72March 14, 2020 4:56 AM

"Staying Alive', sequel to "Saturday Night Fever." Absolute piece of shit.

"Exorcist II: The Heretic." One of the worst movies of all time.

"Book of Shadows: Blair Witch II." Shitty sequel to an overrated movie.

"The Descent II." Truly lame, stupid sequel to a very effective horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 73March 14, 2020 5:08 AM

Funny Lady

by Anonymousreply 74March 14, 2020 5:29 AM

Wild things 2

by Anonymousreply 75March 14, 2020 5:37 AM

Actually forgot about Sex and the City 2. That killed a franchise so probably the worst. Weekend at Bernie’s 2 also awful. Basic Instinct 2 surprisingly not bad if you go into it as a comedy and checking out David Morrison nude.

by Anonymousreply 76March 14, 2020 5:42 AM

Wasn't a huge fan of 3, but the Terminator sequels [italic] really[/italic] went downhill after Rise Of The Machines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 14, 2020 6:25 AM

Mortal Kombat Annihilation... though I thought it was awesome when I was a kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 23, 2020 12:47 AM

Sex and the City 2. It was so bad I couldn't finish it.

by Anonymousreply 79May 23, 2020 1:38 AM

Matrix: Revolutions was so bad it made me retroactively hate Matrix: Reloaded, a movie I had liked up until then.

"The Crow 2: City of Angels" (aka "City of Pain")… so terrible.

by Anonymousreply 80May 23, 2020 1:42 AM

More American Graffiti. The original was a snapshot of one night in the lives of interesting and poignant characters, crossing paths, interacting, getting together, and leaving home. The sequel was a damn mess: stories jumped between different years, there was no explanation of how the characters evolved into what they became in the sequel, the ridiculous split screen vignettes were exhausting, and the movie was boring as hell.

by Anonymousreply 81May 23, 2020 2:01 AM

I loved "American Graffiti." I was pissed as hell they made a sequel, because sequels almost always suck, and "More American Graffiti" was no exception. George Lucas knew it was really fucked up to do a sequel; he commented "You just never know on these things. I did a More American Graffiti; it made ten cents. Just failed miserably."

by Anonymousreply 82May 23, 2020 2:10 AM

Unlike most people, I actually liked most of the Terminator sequels.

Except "Genisys". Which was... utterly awful. But the rest? I liked them all, to varying degrees, but I've seen them all multiple times and don't get the hate.

Also unlike most people, I actually liked all the Alien sequels.

by Anonymousreply 83May 24, 2020 6:27 AM

There is no worse sequel than the sequel to "The Highlander".

by Anonymousreply 84May 24, 2020 6:28 AM

I can not believe that nobody has mentioned Superman III and Superman IV.

by Anonymousreply 85May 24, 2020 7:19 AM

^ So bad they've actually been forgotten, r85.

by Anonymousreply 86May 24, 2020 7:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!