Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Shit Has Hit The Fan, Part 8

"Lock him up", "Lock him up"

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561November 24, 2019 2:55 AM

You missed the perfect photo to go with the thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 28, 2019 3:24 AM

Republicans and baseball... not good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 28, 2019 3:51 AM

Why are you starting a new thread at just 500 posts?

by Anonymousreply 3October 28, 2019 5:27 AM

R3, the OP of this thread jumped the gun for some reason. It really doesn’t matter who starts them, but it’s stupid to start a new thread when the previous thread wasn’t behind a paywall or anything.

by Anonymousreply 4October 28, 2019 2:27 PM

Messy.

by Anonymousreply 5October 28, 2019 4:26 PM

117 Mueller Investigation threads and not one slip-up, this thing reached only 7 threads and now this fuckup. Sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 6October 28, 2019 5:39 PM

This thread is like the Direct-to-Video of the Treason threads. Obviously this OP is a Retard too. Let it die, we don’t need this one and the Treason ones. Same information.

by Anonymousreply 7October 28, 2019 7:13 PM

Dramatic much, r7? Time for about 3-4 martinis.

by Anonymousreply 8October 28, 2019 10:09 PM

Let this redundant thread die already.

by Anonymousreply 9October 28, 2019 10:12 PM

Hmmm... maybe a few more martinis, r9. Chill out, no skin off your nose.

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2019 4:23 AM

uuuuuuuuuuuuuu

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2019 4:26 PM

No insiders post on the Shit Has Hit the Fan threads. I think that is one of the main differences between this and the Treason threads.

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2019 5:18 PM

Matt Gaytz is lovin’ his Twitter attention. Such a cum-guzzlin trap Kween

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2019 5:29 PM

Vindman, whom the Republicans are attacking, was featured decades ago as a child in a Ken Burns documentary, because of his compelling, quintessentially American story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2019 6:23 PM

Thread Closed.

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2019 6:46 PM

I don't think the thread needs to be closed after only 14 posts.

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2019 6:48 PM

R16 is out of control and needs to take her meds!!! You’re crazy, go to sleep!!! I can’t believe how vengeful you are!!!

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2019 6:57 PM

I don't care what your partisan beliefs are.

Go get a copy of of "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior" by GEORGE WASHINGTON. You can't get past the first page.

by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2019 7:12 PM

Goddamn it. Why are we called "pro-choice" and they are called "pro-life". We have to start calling them "No Choice".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2019 7:37 PM

How many people realize Thomas Jefferson was an underhanded political operator. He actually go so upset (MARY!) he left his cabinet position and retreated to his farm for months when things didn't go his way and he wrote letters stirring shit between others.

by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2019 7:39 PM

Thomas Jefferson was a shit human, R20. He allowed his own children to remain slaves. And that's not even the half of it.

John Adams let himself be a doormat friend to that pig. He had a falling out with him over the political skullduggary, but later reconciled. Abigail, that keen observer of human behavior, never did.

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2019 7:42 PM

This thread sucks. Burn it to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 22October 29, 2019 7:43 PM

Let's focus on the crimes from this century.

by Anonymousreply 23October 29, 2019 7:46 PM

No thanks, R22. We'll continue. We have lots of information to parse after today's testimony. Too bad, so sad for you.

by Anonymousreply 24October 29, 2019 7:46 PM

25 posts in and there's nothing to chew on. Again, this thread sucks. Kill it.

by Anonymousreply 25October 29, 2019 7:56 PM

Is Jared transitioning. I've always seen him as a cross dresser. I imagine him playing dress up in Ivanka's closet while she takes them to temple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 29, 2019 7:59 PM

Washington Post:

Joe Biden reportedly denied Communion at a South Carolina church because of his stance on abortion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 29, 2019 8:02 PM

The treason threads lost me ages ago when someone unironically declared DL was home to the resistance. Since then they've become an exercise in group think.

by Anonymousreply 28October 29, 2019 8:50 PM

Kushner apparently believes he's the clean-up crew for all the screw ups from Obama and Joe.

That boy outstrips Big Daddy in the ego department. He really needs to creep quietly back into the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 29October 29, 2019 9:02 PM

#mattgaetzisatool overtook #nationalcatday and whoopi on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 30October 29, 2019 9:09 PM

Here's the thing: I personally know of several organizations (one started by a former gay man who started advocating as a prisoner who later obtained a legal degree) that worked with the Obama administration to release low-level, non-violent offenders (mostly pot dealers and users, kids from urban areas) long before ol' Jared showed up. They were contracted to work directly with prisoners in assisting them individually because actual prison reform and the date of release for these men and women were already determined. During the Obama administration.

I hate these mofos, and that witch married to a formerly amazing artist trying to take credit. A lot of people worked hard with the Obama administration to make that a reality. Complicit Barbie and the Count can shut the hell up now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 29, 2019 9:18 PM

Sorry, my acquaintance is not a *former* gay man. He's still gay, a lawyer and doing the real work of prison reform, not some plastic instaho' or the Count.

by Anonymousreply 32October 29, 2019 9:20 PM

Do we know for sure that Trump authorized the al baghdadi mission? We know he was golfing when it happened. We know that he has been hands-off since he screwed-up the Yemini raid early in his term.

I wonder if he might not have even known about it until after it was over. Anyone know for sure?

by Anonymousreply 33October 29, 2019 10:06 PM

Here's the thing. The Republicans in the House have no special rights. They think they can force or demand all for show. They want the right to do this or that. Pelosi needs to just tell them, "Listen bitchez, this is how it's going to go."

by Anonymousreply 34October 29, 2019 10:08 PM

Drop Dead Thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 29, 2019 10:37 PM

There are no "insiders" on the Treason threads.

Just a bunch of fake shit that anyone could make up.

by Anonymousreply 36October 29, 2019 10:38 PM

You know as much as anyone else, R36, so why should we believe YOU?

So yes, it could be a bunch of fake shit, or it may be true. And what's going on with this weird competition between threads? NADA There isn't any. We should have 100 threads on the impeachment and probably will once the Speaker of the House holds the vote and the trial is underway.

Until then, I'll take my chances rather than believe your pronouncements or any crap about another thread that keeps the information and sometimes pointless bullshit going, TVM.

by Anonymousreply 37October 29, 2019 10:42 PM

R37, I hope you're posting the same thing on the treason thread as you did at r37. The only competition is coming from the whining treason people coming here demanding this thread be closed and claiming the other thread has "insiders" posting

by Anonymousreply 38October 29, 2019 10:49 PM

Right, LEZ. I was responding to the person upthread who said that this thread needs to be shut down BECAUSE the Treason thread has anonymous posters claiming they are insiders.

For example, R12

[quote]No insiders post on the Shit Has Hit the Fan threads. I think that is one of the main differences between this and the Treason threads.

That is who I was responding to. NONE of the "insiders" on the Treason threads have ever revealed any scoop. Just stuff that was already revealed.

Why are you so hostile in defending an anonymous poster you don't even know and who has never posted one single bit of "insider" scoop?

by Anonymousreply 39October 29, 2019 10:54 PM

Girls stop. We can play with both of you. I love both threads. Shit if I could think of a good theme I'd start another thread. Yes. A third thread. And it would have sequels. And in less than two weeks we'd have Thread #56 or WTF ever. Now stop with the fucking trolling. This threat is a popourri there is just so much shit out here. We needed a free wheeling thread to discuss various aspects of all the multiple scandals. And I try also to keep a watch to see whether Nancy is wearing lower heels on any given day because it's a sign....

As an aside, I think the time between 5 PM and 7PM has to be the weakest two hours on MSNBC. I know that a lot of you don't like Chris Matthews, but I think he is fun. He doesn't mean to be, but Chris MAtthews is off the chain, so much passion, so little calculation and artifice. Chuck Todd is insufferable. He was SO rude to Richard Engel today, I wanted to slap his face viciously and repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 40October 29, 2019 10:55 PM

I’d love to see a pic of this priest, r27. Jesus offered communion to Judas, so, to me, he sounds judgmental, political and fame-hungry...

by Anonymousreply 41October 29, 2019 10:59 PM

R41 As a reference - that shit ain't jewish. It's zoroastrian. Don't blame us for your crazy ass zombie rituals.

by Anonymousreply 42October 29, 2019 11:19 PM

Oh, thank God!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 29, 2019 11:21 PM

R40 I caught the tail end of Toad’s banter with Engel, who is a REAL journalist unlike Toad. What was the friction about?

by Anonymousreply 44October 29, 2019 11:48 PM

R33: He almost fucked it up by abandoning the Kurds, that’s for damn sure.

by Anonymousreply 45October 29, 2019 11:52 PM

I don’t recall hearing any corroboration that he authorized the mission.

by Anonymousreply 46October 29, 2019 11:53 PM

Washington Post:

Democrats unveil procedures for Trump’s impeachment inquiry, rebutting GOP attacks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 30, 2019 12:04 AM

Reading R43's link regarding Kanye West receiving a $68 million tax refund I remember many years ago before the internet existed someone mentioned the best way to make a lot of money is to start a church. Perhaps Kanye has found his true calling.

by Anonymousreply 48October 30, 2019 12:11 AM

No real controversy, just Todd being an asshole, clearly resenting that Engel knew more than he did and rushing him interrupting him and acting exasperated. O was offended on Engel's behalf. Todd seemed so argumentative. He acted like he was PMS-ing. Little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 49October 30, 2019 12:15 AM

I think there are a few republicans who are secretly supportive of the impeachment effort just because they're tired of your president. However, they are fearful as to what might happen to them professionally and personally if they publicly support the Democrats.

On a non-related note, it's quite amusing watching your president's face change after hearing the crowd boo him in Texas. He's not happy.

by Anonymousreply 50October 30, 2019 12:21 AM

The crowd was in Washington DC but there were many Texans there.

by Anonymousreply 51October 30, 2019 12:26 AM

Entropy. Everything turning to shit.

The more closed a system is, the higher the entropy.

Isn't that the second law of thermodynamics?

We are seeing it in action with this WH. The more closed off they become, the higher the entropy.

by Anonymousreply 52October 30, 2019 12:35 AM

I hate that the soon to be voted on impeachment resolution let's the fucking Repugs have some subpoena power. The Dems were allowed nothing when in the minority. I know it's to placate them and that the chairman has to agree in order for them to get the subpoena but it just opens the door for tons of shenanigans. They're going to try to call every idiot they can find and then whine about it endlessly when the chairman vetoes their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 53October 30, 2019 2:23 AM

R53, I was SO afraid this would happen. Truly. I understand that Nancy and Adam Schiff want this to be all above board. They are doing it in the interest not of the GOP minority in Congress but for the American people so they can see that the effort has been made to be bi-partisan and fair. But IMO that's bullshit. From a strategy perspective they really cannot afford to give the impression that they're appeasing the Republicans and placatoing them. It gives the Republicans too much credibility. They have no rights in this process. They either get on board with it or they don't.

by Anonymousreply 54October 30, 2019 2:32 AM

The fucking Republicans make spurious accusations, easily disproved by facts, they have tantrums for the cameras, they stage "demonstrations," breach security, and order pizza like 12 yr olds, and make demands, unnecessary demands because they feel so fucking entitled, and the Democrats appease them, and cave in and act like doormats.

We need to be strong and be seen to be strong. Filled wit righteous anger. We can work on the democracy bullshit later. But right now we give no quarter. The rules Nancy developed are going to open the door for more demands, for delays, for shouting matches, witness intimidation and any fucking court of law will tell them, well these are your rules, you did this to yourself now live with it.

At this rate they will stall and gain the upper hand and make us look like jackasses.

by Anonymousreply 55October 30, 2019 2:44 AM

Col. Vindman testified today that The White House transcript of the Ukraine call was not accurate. It includes ellipsis where a reference to Joe Biden belongs. There were other problems with it.

As reported by The NY Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 30, 2019 2:47 AM

I think we need to dig deeper and figure out why Nancy is doing this. My opinion is that she’s taking away Republican talking points (in this case, a big one) in a way that doesn’t really damage the House’s ability to conduct this impeachment inquiry. Of course Republicans will counter. But you know what? She’ll be ready.

by Anonymousreply 57October 30, 2019 2:49 AM

The new rules state that the republicans can call witnesses and use subpeona power ONLY with Nancy's permission first. They have to explain in writing the reasons for the request and then, essentially Jerry Nadler will decide if that is okay. Also they will have actual lawyers doing the questioning, so not a bunch of thirsty politicians looking for viral moments, too.

by Anonymousreply 58October 30, 2019 2:53 AM

Maybe Nancy is thinking that someone is going to have to govern the country a year from now? “With malice towards none”, that kind of thing. I mean, who will history favor, Obama, or Trump ? Obama was so even handed and inclusive, it bothered me, but it’s part of what puts him at a level far above Trump, the partisan.

by Anonymousreply 59October 30, 2019 2:54 AM

Safe to bet that the GOP has some form of disruption planned for televised hearings. Wonder what Schiff and Pelosi have planned to block disruptive behavior.

by Anonymousreply 60October 30, 2019 3:00 AM

If the GOP pulls their idiotic stunts during public hearings, I find it hard to believe that that would turn the public away from impeachment.

If anything, I think most independents would realize the fools are playing for an audience of one and grow tired of the stupidity and fux noise sound bites.

by Anonymousreply 61October 30, 2019 3:12 AM

The Zelensky call transcript was edited.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 30, 2019 5:03 AM

[quote]The Zelensky call transcript was edited.

'Edited' is a nice word for it. You know what the Repugs will do now? They'll all start arguing that it was never meant to be a transcript, nothing official at all. Just a report of the major points discussed. Not word for word. Blahblahblah. This after spending the last few weeks yelling about "the completely innocent transcript that proved complete innocence" over and over and over.

And no one will call the on it.

by Anonymousreply 63October 30, 2019 5:31 AM

[quote]Do we know for sure that Trump authorized the al baghdadi mission? We know he was golfing when it happened. We know that he has been hands-off since he screwed-up the Yemini raid early in his term. I wonder if he might not have even known about it until after it was over. Anyone know for sure?

No we do not, r33. All we know is he called RU first. But I go back to my first impression that an international player gave him up: al-Baghdadi was in Turkey proper two weeks ago; he was killed in a Russian held zone. According to the story one of al-Baghdadi's wives/courier gave the Iraqis the EXACT COORDINATES OF HIS LOCATION who then forwarded them to the US. Much was later made of Kurd assistance including that the outrageous lie "Kurds have Syria's oil and have never been happier (Fox)"

This looks like someone who was fingered to me.

If [bold]you release an army of ISIS murderers, a plurality of whom are Russian (Chechnya, the stans), would you give it back to a man on the run or try to install your puppet? [/bold)

by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2019 6:27 AM

Michael Flynn still hasn’t been sentenced. Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 30, 2019 7:17 AM

[quote] Also they will have actual lawyers doing the questioning, so not a bunch of thirsty politicians looking for viral moments, too.

Thank fucking God. The thought of Jordan and Gaetz and all those chittering Republican cockroaches swarming over the witnesses was making me ill.

by Anonymousreply 66October 30, 2019 8:11 AM

[quote]The Zelensky call transcript was edited.

This was never not known; it fact, the "transcript" the WH let out was a simulation, a summary, not properly a transcript at all.

by Anonymousreply 67October 30, 2019 10:17 AM

R58 & R59 I get it, and on one hand I absolutely agree with you. BUT: The Republicans are playing for public opinion. They're desperate. I'm talking about Trump and his White House and his cabal in Congress. They want to affect public opinion because if they lose that game they lose the Senate. Once the public deserts Trump, the Congress will crack. Nancy is playing a long game. Ethical, proper, with the sober, dignified demeanor it deserves. But the Dems never seem to get that they have to also play the PR game and the messaging game. They need to take the initiative not always play defense. Has anything been done to punish the behavior of those members of Congress who violated national security protocols las week? My main point is that the Democrats have to have the public perception that they are strong, they a re absolutely on the side of Right, and that they are as exasperated as the American public is. Assertive, strong and no equivocation.

by Anonymousreply 68October 30, 2019 10:23 AM

[quote]This looks like someone who was fingered to me.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 69October 30, 2019 12:12 PM

"Vindman testified that in spring of this year he became aware of "outside influencers" promoting a "false narrative of Ukraine" that undermined U.S. efforts, a reference in particular to Giuliani.

He first reported his concerns after a July 10 meeting in which U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland stressed the importance of having Ukraine investigate the 2016 election as well as Burisma, a company linked to the family of Biden, a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.

Vindman says he told Sondland that "his statements were inappropriate, that the request to investigate Biden and his son had nothing to do with national security, and that such investigations were not something the NSC was going to get involved in or push."

by Anonymousreply 70October 30, 2019 1:14 PM

"Do we know for sure that Trump authorized the al baghdadi mission? We know he was golfing when it happened. "

While on the course, Trump was interrupted by a Pentagon aide who asked," Mr. President, are you for or against the raid?" Just at that moment, Trump screamed," Fore!" The rest in history.

by Anonymousreply 71October 30, 2019 1:28 PM

I agree with what you said, R57, regarding Nancy taking away any idea that this investigation is outside the typical procedure for impeachment. They should be worried. The Speaker knows they have enough and can make the case. She's already out and ahead of it, going to Iowa, tweeting a very clear understanding.

Public hearings were next, anyway.

As for the thread in-fighting, I'm sorry if I offended anyone or implied that most of the BS was coming from folks participating here. It's stupid, and I'm not going to repeat myself endlessly in saying that I'll decide who is giving good tea or not. I like to check multiple sources. I directed my reply to someone who DID say something disparaging about the insiders posting on the other thread. Again, it's silly, but I'm not going to let a blanket statement go unchallenged. There are a lot of great people posting here who have good information, little bits and pieces sometimes, but enough for the rest of us to chew on.

I'll always apologize when wrong. I'm sorry if anyone felt attacked. It was not my intention.

by Anonymousreply 72October 30, 2019 2:10 PM

[quote]Safe to bet that the GOP has some form of disruption planned for televised hearings. Wonder what Schiff and Pelosi have planned to block disruptive behavior.

Vicious face-slappings, as per the custom in Taiwan, would be nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 30, 2019 2:12 PM

R73, I'm sure they've already been using it, but they have a chairman who can do the job with a gavel board and the power of the majority. I'm enjoying their discomfort and childish behavior.

by Anonymousreply 74October 30, 2019 2:15 PM

There is a poster (or perhaps several) who try to discourage the insiders who post on the Treason threads. It always feels very trollish to me because they will bring them up disparagingly even when it’s been awhile since they posted any tea.

He/they/it is particularly vicious to FCI (whose post I always find super informative as a kind of Congressional pulse).

by Anonymousreply 75October 30, 2019 2:16 PM

ABC:

Former Rep. Katie Hill's father pushes for prosecution of 'evil' estranged husband

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 30, 2019 2:34 PM

From FUX:

New Jersey Democrat bucks House trend, says he likely won't back impeachment resolution

A Democratic lawmaker from New Jersey says he doubts he will vote in favor of the resolution introduced by his party Tuesday to formalize an impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., introduced the resolution Tuesday that sets forth rules for the probe, but Rep. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J., said he hasn’t seen anything “impeachable” yet and doesn't think he will vote for it.

“I would imagine that I’m not voting for it,” Van Drew told a reporter from NBC News.

Van Drew, who narrowly defeated his GOP rival in 2018 in New Jersey’s 2nd Congressional District, has openly criticized impeachment, saying it would further divide the country and put members of his party at risk in the 2020 elections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 30, 2019 2:40 PM

^^^ He looks like closeted queen.

by Anonymousreply 78October 30, 2019 2:41 PM

[quote]super informative as a kind of Congressional pulse

Congress has a pulse.

by Anonymousreply 79October 30, 2019 2:54 PM

The Repugs are going around squawking that all testimony thus far is invalid because the Dems never declared formal impeachment hearings. That's kinda scary, as all the juicy stuff could be lost.

by Anonymousreply 80October 30, 2019 3:08 PM

Somebody tell Jeff Van Drew that the reason he narrowly beat a Republican in 2018 is because his constituency WANTS TO FUCKING IMPEACH TRUMP.

by Anonymousreply 81October 30, 2019 3:13 PM

The Rethiglicans can go around squawking that all they want. It isn’t even true. They literally have noting and their “arguments” are getting increasingly more and more desperate, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 82October 30, 2019 3:19 PM

[quote]but Rep. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J., said he hasn’t seen anything “impeachable” yet and doesn't think he will vote for it.

Even for someone from New Jersey, Jeff Van Drew isn't very bright, is he?

by Anonymousreply 83October 30, 2019 3:21 PM

Closet queen also voted against gay marriage, minimum wage and Pelosi for speaker. DINO

by Anonymousreply 84October 30, 2019 3:24 PM

^^So, another Tulsi: A Republican pretending to be a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 85October 30, 2019 3:29 PM

[quote]The Repugs are going around squawking that all testimony thus far is invalid because the Dems never declared formal impeachment hearings.

Yet they're all for releasing the transcripts -- because committee Repugs have peppered their questions with the name of the whistleblower (at least, who they believe it to be) and they know the media will prioritize pursuing that angle over covering the sum and substance of the impeachment process.

It'll also send Trump and his deplorable flying monkeys out in full attack mode against the presumed whistleblower.

by Anonymousreply 86October 30, 2019 3:31 PM

Who cares who the whistleblower is now? Moot point.

by Anonymousreply 87October 30, 2019 3:48 PM

Whatever. Attack the whistleblower and reveal his name and go to jail for violating the law.

They want to normalize our country outright bribing other countries to interfere in our elections. We will not let it happen.

I'm glad The Speaker of the House is doing her job with an inquiry, part of which is being held in a secure room of the Capitol to prevent leaking of the whistleblowers name in violation of the law. Thank you, Democrats and Speaker, for protecting the rights of a good Patriot.

Thank you, Former Vice President Biden, for standing up for the right of all women to control decisions around their own bodies.

And finally, I look forward to the hearings as they become public. I do not see it as giving in to the demands of a vocal bunch of fools because we all know they have the majority in the Senate and will not vote to impeach him because they have shown themselves as 'party before country' politicians repeatedly. I'm glad the Kavanaugh debacle occurred. It was revealing.

I do not appreciate our highest degree of service - the Congress - being turned into a reality show. I will continue to vote for adults who are willing to do what our Constitution dictates, not those who challenge and violate it.

by Anonymousreply 88October 30, 2019 3:50 PM

R80 As always, the republicans are wrong. The Constitution holds that manner and method of impeachment is left to the House, which means - the Speaker. It's not up to the minority party, which does not *define the rules*.

If we roll back the tape to the Clinton impeachment, we shall see the Democrats did not define the rules for the impeachment. Republicans can go to hell. The impeachment is about defining the scope of charges for trial in the Senate. In essence, this is also the scope of charges against the entire Republican Party: the Republicans are on trial, not just Trump.

This is a Moscow-paid party, wholly in thrall to a foreign government. It's the party of treason. That's what's being exposed.

by Anonymousreply 89October 30, 2019 4:31 PM

Which is the reason for the desperate clown-show, R89. You cannot explain it any other way. They are willing to do anything to save themselves from being exposed.

by Anonymousreply 90October 30, 2019 4:42 PM

Speaker Pelosi is counting on, with good reason, Repugs making fools of themselves on TV when the hearings go public. And woe to any young firebrand Democrat if they dare think they'll respond in kind. She knows the public, fair or not, holds Democrats to a higher standard.

Her tactics and strategy are right on the money so far.

Remember how she handed Trump his ass by disinviting him and forbidding him from giving the SOTU address from the floor of the House? She knows he'll always overplay his tiny little hand and write checks with his big, fat mouth that his actions won't or can't cash.

Same with the timing of the impeachment inquiry. She already told us Trump would impeach himself, and held out , enduring the screaming for impeachment that was prematurely desired, until the time, facts and circumstances were just right.

I'm not going to start 2nd guessing Speaker Pelosi now with these rules. She's earned and deserves allegiance.

And, if circumstances do require a temporary retreat, she'll make that tactic as great a feat as advancing.

by Anonymousreply 91October 30, 2019 6:09 PM

'Mother' show fashion & style as she and her daughter promote their new book:. "Marion Bundo's Best Christmas Ever".

[quote]The second lady had on a double breasted black blazer dress with matching pumps for appearances on “Fox and Friends” and SiriusXM’s The David Webb Show. Her daughter Charlotte had on a brown velvet jumpsuit with nude pumps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 30, 2019 6:49 PM

Love the Melania hair!

by Anonymousreply 93October 30, 2019 6:56 PM

From FUX:

One of President Trump's nominees for the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals broke down in tears during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing Wednesday, as he disputed suggestions that he would not be fair to members of the LGBTQ community. Lawrence VanDyke was the subject of a scathing letter from the American Bar Association, sent to committee leadership Tuesday night, which alleged that people they interviewed expressed this concern, and that VanDyke himself "would not say affirmatively that he would be fair to any litigant before him, notably members of the LGBTQ community."

But conservatives have adamantly defended the nominee. And when asked about this at Wednesday's hearing, VanDyke strongly disputed the ABA's account.

"I did not say that," VanDyke told Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., tears welling up in his eyes.

"No, I did not say that. I do not believe that. It is a fundamental belief of mine that all people are created in the image of God. They should all be treated with dignity and respect, senator," he added, sobbing.

by Anonymousreply 94October 30, 2019 7:00 PM

[quote]"No, I did not say that. I do not believe that. It is a fundamental belief of mine that all people are created in the image of God. They should all be treated with dignity and respect, senator," he added, sobbing.

Did anyone on the commitee "Mary!" him?

by Anonymousreply 95October 30, 2019 7:08 PM

OMG is there a video clip for that?

by Anonymousreply 96October 30, 2019 7:12 PM

Meanwhile, in other LGBTQ news...

Oh, Tucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 30, 2019 7:32 PM

R97 Dave Rubin is an opportunistic cancer

by Anonymousreply 98October 30, 2019 7:42 PM

You're being far too kind, r98.

by Anonymousreply 99October 30, 2019 7:56 PM

Dave Rubin makes Log Cabin Republicans look reasonable. Total asshole and stupid as a bag of hair.

by Anonymousreply 100October 30, 2019 10:47 PM

What's with Rethug judges simpering and sobbing at confirmations? Is that now a character requirement to be a federal and SCOTUS justice?

by Anonymousreply 101October 30, 2019 11:03 PM

I know things right now are...busy. Worth pointing out that George Papdopoulos knew about the Katie Hill pics days before they were released. (He hinted about it on Twitter.) And now he says he's running for that seat. What a coinkydink, eh?

by Anonymousreply 102October 31, 2019 12:03 AM

The gay man in the link at r97 is just repugnant. Why would a gay person suck up to a homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 103October 31, 2019 12:09 AM

This should be the scene on a potato farm in the Urals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 31, 2019 12:14 AM

I'm sick of watching these phonies cry and sob and get all outraged and indignant. Kavanaugh did it too. In fact Meadows the Congressman who was Tea Party and is all religious is one of Trump's most ardent supporters. He was at Elijah Cumming's funeral sobbing and hugging Cumming's wife. He's the same one who cried when he was called a racist. That same night he went to the World Series with Trump and Matt Gaetz, and he was one of the "mob" who demonstrated outside the hearing room. Don't know if he actually ate the pizza. But it's all a show. They get all bent out of shape at the mere suggestion they might be prejudiced against some group. But they are. They are vile, sick, mentally unstable pigs.

by Anonymousreply 105October 31, 2019 12:41 AM

[quote] Don't know if he actually ate the pizza.

Is that the new version of "drank the Kool-Aid"?

by Anonymousreply 106October 31, 2019 12:54 AM

No, R106. it was my smart assed way of saying Meadows wants it both ways. He'll participate in the demonstration, but he won't eat the pizza. That's going too far for him. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 107October 31, 2019 12:56 AM

r94

[quote]"No, I did not say that. I do not believe that. It is a fundamental belief of mine that all people are created in the image of God. They should all be treated with dignity and respect, senator," he added, sobbing.

The tears, the sobs, the Kavanaugh move.

r102

[quote]What a coinkydink, eh?

First time is happenstance, second time is coincidence, third time is enemy action. (Ian Fleming, I think)

There have so many coincidences in this Administration that it looks like the plan for Overlord.

by Anonymousreply 108October 31, 2019 6:24 AM

r107

I like that - did he eat the pizza? A new way of asking if someone went all the way with the charade. Miz Lindsey eats pie after pie of pizza.

BTW, I have never seen such transparent playacting. Beginning with Trump. The sharpie, the photoshopped medal on the dog. At this point, was there really a dog?

by Anonymousreply 109October 31, 2019 6:29 AM

I love this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 31, 2019 7:01 AM

I've noticed that Rick Wilson (former Republican, fierce Trump opponent) always calls Laura Ingraham Frau Ingraham now in his Twitter. Is he a DLer?

by Anonymousreply 111October 31, 2019 7:49 AM

r111 - it's a reference to her being a Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 112October 31, 2019 7:53 AM

[quote]Miz Lindsey eats pie after pie

Oh, really, now!

by Anonymousreply 113October 31, 2019 8:33 AM

[quote]Oh, really, now!

You beat many with your reply.

by Anonymousreply 114October 31, 2019 8:49 AM

As a rule, I always eat the pizza.

by Anonymousreply 115October 31, 2019 10:39 AM

LOL. FOX news NY just announced President Pampers is spending the weekend in NY. He's going to MSG on Sat. for the Kick, Bite and Scratch Spandex pageant. Poor little baby HAS to have a stadium cheering for him.

by Anonymousreply 116October 31, 2019 12:38 PM

As if traffic isn't bad enough during NYC marathon weekend then along comes Trump. He really is clueless.

by Anonymousreply 117October 31, 2019 12:44 PM

He’s going to a UFC thing? Ha! He’s really pandering to his idiot base. Next stop - NASCAR followed by a trip to Wal-Mart.

by Anonymousreply 118October 31, 2019 12:52 PM

Although it’s the UFC, I’m holding out hope that Dump will get booed again, since it’s being held at MSG in Manhattan. But yeah, I think he’s hoping to get some love from the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 119October 31, 2019 1:12 PM

[quote]FOX news NY just announced President Pampers is spending the weekend in NY. He's going to MSG on Sat. for the Kick, Bite and Scratch Spandex pageant.

Where the highlight of the evening is to be, I kid you not, the awarding of the "Baddest Motherfucker Belt."

by Anonymousreply 120October 31, 2019 1:19 PM

He's not clueless, he knows exactly what he's doing. He's vengeful, petty and merciless. This was a last minute decision because of the boos (hoos) he got at the game. President Pampers MUST have the attention, even if he has to shit on the floor to get it. The disruption and chaos he'll cause will ensure the clips of the cheering fans will make every broadcast and give FOX days of stories to cover. Trump wins the media day again. Bonus- Owns the libs!

by Anonymousreply 121October 31, 2019 1:19 PM

If it wasn't a UFC event, I'd go just to boo.

by Anonymousreply 122October 31, 2019 1:38 PM

Footage of those yahoos cheering Trump's antics will have no traction beyond even a portion of Fox viewers, and might well turn off a few viewers. The novelty of an undignified president was only shiny as long as anyone could believe he wouldn't give our economy away to billionaires and our global power to Russians, Arabs, and Turks.

by Anonymousreply 123October 31, 2019 1:45 PM

Speaking of piss, how did I miss this story from Slate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 31, 2019 2:28 PM

Why is Vindman's face so puffy? Is it mumps?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 31, 2019 2:32 PM

[quote] Why is Vindman's face so puffy?

It’s because that’s actually Hillary in a Vindman mask!!!

by Anonymousreply 126October 31, 2019 2:58 PM

His eastern European ancestry gives him a predisposition to carb face.

by Anonymousreply 127October 31, 2019 3:04 PM

Who is the one Democrat who voted noon the impeachment inquiry?

by Anonymousreply 128October 31, 2019 3:05 PM

I've met Eastern Euros, they don't look like that.

by Anonymousreply 129October 31, 2019 3:07 PM

I've met Eastern Euros, they don't look like that.

by Anonymousreply 130October 31, 2019 3:07 PM

So, let's get to what really matters -- Vindman, hot or not?

by Anonymousreply 131October 31, 2019 3:09 PM

Damn, they got one minute left to vote and 140 people haven't voted.

by Anonymousreply 132October 31, 2019 3:10 PM

At [R128] - this wasn't the main vote, just a procedural re the question. And it was probably Manchin (who, along with Sanders, isn't a real Democrat).

by Anonymousreply 133October 31, 2019 3:10 PM

Manchin and Sanders are in the Senate. This is Congress voting.

by Anonymousreply 134October 31, 2019 3:13 PM

There was some Democratic jack hole Congress guy from NJ on the TV the other day railing about the vote. He took a Trumpy district in 2018, so he's probably trying to save his cowardly white ass

by Anonymousreply 135October 31, 2019 3:17 PM

It could be the mumps, cortical steroids, bad reaction to bee stings...anything really.

by Anonymousreply 136October 31, 2019 3:18 PM

It could be the mumps, cortical steroids, bad reaction to bee stings...anything really.

by Anonymousreply 137October 31, 2019 3:18 PM

Be nice! He's a good Jewish boy. He just had a little too much stuffed cabbage during Sukkot.

R131, he's the less hot twin, but they are both true patriots who've read the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 138October 31, 2019 3:19 PM

OK so how much longer does this drag on R133? Because I'm already bored with it.

by Anonymousreply 139October 31, 2019 3:19 PM

Remember this when Republicans claim to "respect the flag" and "support the troops"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 31, 2019 3:51 PM

R127is why I love us. No other website on the internet has the kind of keen analysis and political insights as DL. No where.

by Anonymousreply 141October 31, 2019 4:00 PM

I love Mrs. Betty Bowers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 31, 2019 4:08 PM

^Good point. I went back and ww'd 127. It was the first time I laughed out loud today. And now I want pizza for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 143October 31, 2019 4:13 PM

r139, Boris, everyone expects all things Trump to hold to a traditional timeline.

Иди и поп-попкорн.

by Anonymousreply 144October 31, 2019 5:10 PM

Who is the gorgeous guy in this gif?

From Kirk Acevedo's Twitter, which is deliciously anti-Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 31, 2019 6:54 PM

I like Kirk Acevedo on Oz

by Anonymousreply 146October 31, 2019 7:27 PM

FUGLY.

by Anonymousreply 147October 31, 2019 7:27 PM

FUGLY.

by Anonymousreply 148October 31, 2019 7:27 PM

R138 = Vindman's mom

by Anonymousreply 149October 31, 2019 7:31 PM

Ann Coulter is now on twitter, insisting that Tulsi Gabbard is a Senator and not a representative. Nice that this woman can't even tell the difference between the Senate and the House of Representatives

by Anonymousreply 150October 31, 2019 7:31 PM

R134 the House voted. House of Representatives + Senate = Congress. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 151October 31, 2019 7:38 PM

It’s crazy how ill-informed some people are about. The mechanics of our three branches of government. Are those of you who don’t know, for example, what Congress (or what it does) from another country? Or are you just popping in from Planet Retard?

by Anonymousreply 152October 31, 2019 7:48 PM

R151, still doesn't change the fact that Manchin and Sanders are senators and therefore wouldn't be voting today.

Also, fun fact, the House has been informally known as Congress since the late 1700s.

Consider yourself schooled.

by Anonymousreply 153October 31, 2019 8:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154October 31, 2019 10:40 PM

The Examiner: 'Fireside chat on live television': Trump says he wants to read Ukraine call transcript to American people

“This is over a phone call that is a good call,” Trump, sitting behind the Resolute Desk, said an interview with the Washington Examiner. "At some point, I’m going to sit down, perhaps as a fireside chat on live television, and I will read the transcript of the call, because people have to hear it. When you read it, it’s a straight call.”

But even after the vote, the president said he had no intention of taking part in the proceedings. Asked whether he would cooperate with the impeachment proceedings by honoring document requests and subpoenas, Trump responded: “You are setting a terrible precedent for other presidents,” he said.

Trump said he was pleased with the Thursday testimony of a former White House official who said he saw nothing illegal in the telephone call at the heart of the controversy. He outlined a strategy for fighting back which would rely on the White House account of his phone call with the Ukrainian president — including T-shirts with the slogan, “Read the transcript.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 1, 2019 2:43 AM

[quote]including T-shirts with the slogan, “Read the transcript.”

Made in China, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 156November 1, 2019 2:46 AM

Rep. Ted Lieu:

[quote]Let's be clear. If @realDonaldTrump does this, he is sending the message that there is nothing wrong with the US President soliciting foreign interference in our elections, and that he will do it again unless he is removed.

[quote]This doesn't give the House much choice, does it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 1, 2019 2:48 AM

From FUX:

Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Ron Johnson on Thursday formally sought "all email communications" between Hillary Clinton and former President Obama, saying the Justice Department was blocking their release -- even though they could shed light on whether the former secretary of state discussed sensitive matters on her unsecured personal email system while she was overseas.

by Anonymousreply 158November 1, 2019 2:49 AM

[quote]Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Ron Johnson on Thursday formally sought "all email communications" between Hillary Clinton and former President Obama, saying the Justice Department was blocking their release -- even though they could shed light on whether the former secretary of state discussed sensitive matters on her unsecured personal email system while she was overseas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 1, 2019 2:56 AM

Trump is no longer a NYer. His official residence is now Mar a Lardo. And you know it was done for tax reasons. I hope they stop protection of the NY crapfest now.

by Anonymousreply 160November 1, 2019 3:13 AM

So their defense strategy is to just keep screeching [bold]BUT HER EEEEEMAILZZZZ[/bold] twice as loud?

Cool.

by Anonymousreply 161November 1, 2019 3:17 AM

The $400 million wasn't the first time they held-up the goodies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 1, 2019 3:18 AM

R161 it's about creating a distraction. They plan to go after Biden, Hillary, Comey, Lynch, McCabe etc. The repugnant party wants to maintain the narrative that the Democrats are corrupt and have created a deep state that savior Trump is trying to put a stop to

by Anonymousreply 163November 1, 2019 3:37 AM

They believe creating controversy involving Hillary will work with his base.

by Anonymousreply 164November 1, 2019 1:26 PM

I have to wonder how many people from the previous administration are being consulted on impeachment? I bet Nancy talks to Barack......he used to teach Constitutional Law.

by Anonymousreply 165November 1, 2019 1:31 PM

Why would Nancy call Barack? He never dealt with impeachment during his two terms. More likely she would be talking to people from the Clinton administration or even old Democrats from the time of Nixon's administration since they did deal with impeachment while they were working in Washington.

by Anonymousreply 166November 1, 2019 1:36 PM

Nancy is probably talking to John Boehner. He was the guy who wrote the rules for Clinton's impeachment hearings. And he left Congress because he was sick and tired of dealing with the extremist shit from the Tea Party, etc.

by Anonymousreply 167November 1, 2019 2:07 PM

You know, this makes me think. I'm sure various members of Congress and former White House staffers, etc. get together from time to time. But we rarely hear about it. I suspect they go to private clubs to dine, etc so they aren't caught out. But it also begs the question that wait staff, and others would have seen them together and I wish the fuck those people would leak stuff to is. Insiders. But in this day, if they heard anything juicey they'd probably sell it. I wonder how many waiters are on retainer to the media? I saw a Denzel Washington movie a while ago, where Denzel was an investigative reporter, and one of his best sources was a White House janitor.

by Anonymousreply 168November 1, 2019 2:11 PM

Market Watch:

Why Trump's kids are probably celebrating his move to Florida

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 1, 2019 4:51 PM

[quote]Why Trump's kids are probably celebrating his move to Florida

Better view from prison?

by Anonymousreply 170November 1, 2019 4:53 PM

I think it’s more how they’ll be able to walk down the street without being spit on.

by Anonymousreply 171November 1, 2019 4:59 PM

Unless they move to Arkansas, there won’t be many places where they won’t be booed.

by Anonymousreply 172November 1, 2019 5:00 PM

Jared and Ivanka will be accepted back into Manhattan's moneyed, elite circles because, according to one observer who knows because of their own proximity to it, "There is only one sin among that crowd- poverty."

Still, I hope they suffer a social hazing when they move back to Manhattan, at least for a while.

by Anonymousreply 173November 1, 2019 5:07 PM

He will lie cheat and steal to avoid providing evidence and having fair hearings. Bomb threats, floods, quarantines fist-fights, violence. Storm the Scif, Storm the Schiff. Last Monday Fact checkers found he said 53 lies, a new record. Roy Cohn Playbook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 1, 2019 5:13 PM

Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) headbutts reporter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 1, 2019 5:38 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 1, 2019 6:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177November 1, 2019 6:10 PM

[QUOTE] Jared and Ivanka will be accepted back into Manhattan's moneyed, elite circles because, according to one observer who knows because of their own proximity to it, "There is only one sin among that crowd- poverty."

This is not true, Della. I know one person who used to be part of Ivanka’s social circle and they are totally done with her and she’s most certainly not welcome back. Any association with her is now viewed as toxic and social suicide in Manhattan. They even try to downplay their previous relationships with her.

by Anonymousreply 178November 1, 2019 6:25 PM

R178 That's now. She is a social pariah right now. But she is young. In ten years, even if she served time in prison....like maybe 18 months... for all her misdeeds, Princess will eventually fit right in with the NYC/Hamptons crowd. In fact they may be too declasse' for her. And no one will care tht Jared will probably still be either serving time, or transitioning ala Caitlyn Jenner. LOL! So I'm with Della on that. People have short memories. And the other thing to keep in mind...Ivanka is a Trump. She will happily throw Daddy under the bus when the time comes. Oh, I don't mean she would ever betray him to Law Enforcement. But she will certainly put distance between them once all of this is in the past. He can serve time in prison, he can live in disgrace at Mar-A-Lago and Ivanka will hardly remember to send a birthday card.

by Anonymousreply 179November 1, 2019 6:45 PM

Okay, well, I’m just reporting to you what people directly IN her circle of friends in NYC are saying which is that they are completely done with her - now and for the future (which includes a decade from now). I’m not speculating.

by Anonymousreply 180November 1, 2019 6:50 PM

I hope Jared ends up going to jail like his father

btw how come more people in the mainstream media aren't calling out Trump and his Fox allies calling Adam Schiff "Shifty Schiff"? That's clearly an antisemitic dog whistle.

the same people were questioning Vindman's loyalty to the US, another antisemitic trope.

by Anonymousreply 181November 1, 2019 7:57 PM

Ivanka is hardly worth speaking about. She's looking old and tired these days, her fashion is atrocious, and what does she do? Doesn't she have a patent empire in China to deal with? You know, that one that must surely be exempt from all the tariffs.

No one pays attention to knicknames he gives to these people, R181. It's junior high school shit. The grown ups in the room are preparing legal briefs and not looking for anti-semites everywhere.

I'm not sure about your

by Anonymousreply 182November 1, 2019 7:59 PM

R182 it shouldn't be ignored

by Anonymousreply 183November 1, 2019 8:01 PM

R180, I'm not challenging you. I apologize if it came across like that. To clarify, I guess I have no faith in human nature. I think the people who say they're done with her forever, really mean it. But I'm old enough to remember Watergate. Nixon left office in total disgrace. Total. He was never a popular PResident even with the people who voted for him. When he left office he was "erased." But then, after a "reasonable interval, he started doing interviews. And writing articles. He wrote a book. He gradually became part of the public consciousness. Of course as an ex PResident he was still a Pariah. Still a disgrace. I'm just saying Ivanka is young enough and wealthy enough to buy some goodwill and pry open the golden doors of social acceptance. In fact, if I were advising her, I would suggest to her that she give generously...but strategically to some high profile charities, buy her way onto a couple of boards of directors of international charities, and make her "debut" in Europe on the international stage. There are enough arrivistes and pretenders, and noveau riche in Europe to not mind her.

by Anonymousreply 184November 1, 2019 8:07 PM

Yeah, that same crowd was done with Jeffery Epstein ... for all of two minutes.

by Anonymousreply 185November 1, 2019 8:08 PM

I hope I never hear her damned name mentioned as a possible 'legacy' candidate in any election, anywhere, ever again.

I live for the day I never hear about any of them again and I hope it's not that far away.

by Anonymousreply 186November 1, 2019 8:10 PM

[quote]Jared and Ivanka will be accepted back into Manhattan's moneyed, elite circles because, according to one observer who knows because of their own proximity to it, "There is only one sin among that crowd- poverty."

They were never really a part of it to begin with. The Trump's have always been pariahs with the NY elites. And the Kushners were fringe.

by Anonymousreply 187November 1, 2019 8:21 PM

Beto has announced he's dropping out of the presidential race.

And then there were....?

by Anonymousreply 188November 1, 2019 9:39 PM

Reuters:

Democrats' decision to televise Trump impeachment hearings could prove politically perilous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 1, 2019 10:59 PM

R178 That's just it. The Trump name is now full Madoff.

by Anonymousreply 190November 1, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote]Beto has announced he's dropping out of the presidential race.

Good. He can go back and run against the unpopular Cornyn for Senate like he should have from the beginning. Maybe that's what he was born for. "The Senate! Man, I was born for this!" He'll be better off running against another entitled white guy from Texas.

by Anonymousreply 191November 2, 2019 1:47 AM

Beto says he's not running for any other public office.

by Anonymousreply 192November 2, 2019 1:52 AM

r192, that is true NOW.

He needs space between the Presidential campaign and a Senate campaign.

What is the filing date for Senate in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 193November 2, 2019 1:55 AM

Well, then he's just another lazy straight white male loser. Instead of going after Cornyn and trying to flip the Senate, he's probably going to go on another privileged boy road trip to find himself and then go home and live off his rich wife. Probably buy a new skateboard. Restart his band.

by Anonymousreply 194November 2, 2019 1:57 AM

Jennifer Rubin excoriates enablers like Rob Portman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 2, 2019 3:43 AM

Beto should have run for the Senate. But honestly he has been acting so silly he's already given the Republicans tons of sound bites for commercials. He'd have been a laughing stock.

by Anonymousreply 196November 2, 2019 4:09 AM

R196 oh honey. Silly? We’re talking Texas politics. Beto is a complete prig by Texas standards.

by Anonymousreply 197November 2, 2019 5:35 AM

Rob portman is as useless as tits on a nun.

That pathetic cunt hasn't held a town hall nor met with anyone outside of donors in over three years. He thinks he can fucking sneak around and only show his face to donors and talibangelicals.

He won't even answer the goddamn phone! Useless, sniveling twat.

by Anonymousreply 198November 2, 2019 7:40 AM

Portman is not stupid

He knows what’s right

He took an oath to support the Constitution

(He supported gay rights to help his son. He needs to support impeachment to support his country)

by Anonymousreply 199November 2, 2019 8:24 AM

R7 - And yet your posting on the thread you deem useless. Get off it you prissy, condescending-prick. We don’t want to hear from you either.

by Anonymousreply 200November 2, 2019 11:01 AM

R139 - You’re bored? Then drop out of this thread. We don’t want to hear how your attention deficit disorder is making you antsy and impatient.

Up your meds, or bail out.

by Anonymousreply 201November 2, 2019 11:48 AM

The GOP was scared shitless of Beto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202November 2, 2019 12:08 PM

r202, They should have been, he could have possibly taken Texas away from them in the general.

Oh well. They need not worry about that any more.

by Anonymousreply 203November 2, 2019 12:12 PM

I wonder who gets Beto's voters now? Pete? Biden?

by Anonymousreply 204November 2, 2019 12:29 PM

As a pretty heavily-involved Beto supporter, I can tell you that Beto's supporters almost unanimously hate Pete. There's a lot of support for Harris. Some (but unenthusiastic) for Biden. For the most part we're all devastated and don't have a second choice right now.

by Anonymousreply 205November 2, 2019 12:41 PM

Whistleblower refusing to testify now.

by Anonymousreply 206November 2, 2019 12:44 PM

^ Sez who? Not doubting. Would like to read the story tho.

by Anonymousreply 207November 2, 2019 12:47 PM

r206, That's fine, I don't think they even need him/her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 208November 2, 2019 12:49 PM

If he's refusing to testify now it's because fear of the GOP/Trump's mafia tactics...I think we are going to have to hold massive demonstrations against this shit. We have too many politicians, and too few statesmen/women. All they fucking care about is poll results. They don't give a fuck about the Constitution, which they took an oath to protect and defend, much less the people, whom they are supposed to be serving!

by Anonymousreply 209November 2, 2019 12:54 PM

Do they really need the whistle blower at this point? You now have people with first hand accounts, Trump's own transcript and Mulvaney's admission.

by Anonymousreply 210November 2, 2019 1:12 PM

Beto sabotaged his campaign all by himself. His debate performances were mostly mediocre and he seemed to flail much of the time. His quote on taking AK47s killed any chance he had at running for Cornyn's seat for the time being, no matter how heartfelt it was.

R205, you all sound like BernieBros in a snit. Beto's chances of getting the nomination are even more remote than Mayor Pete's, and Pete is a much better and smarter campaigner than Beto. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 211November 2, 2019 1:15 PM

SAW THE FOLLOWING POST ON YOUTUBE: IS THERE ANY ANY TRUTH OR HALF TRUTHS IN THIS?:..

April 16, 2014 - Devon Archer (Burisma exec. far left in golf photo) visits VP Biden at the White House and records show he stays late into the night. April 18, 2014 - Hunter Biden joins the board of directors at Burisma Holdings. Records later show he was making $50k $167k per month. Then on April 21, just three days later Biden goes to Ukraine and pledges to the gas industry a billion dollars. All happening within a 5 day period. So not only did VP Biden talk to his son about his job at Burisma Holdings, but VP Biden made it happen. That alone might not be criminal, but if you don’t think Burisma hired him to buy influence from his father and special favors then I have a bridge to sell you. Even if Hunter Biden had got the job on his own merits there would have been a conflict of interests and Vice President Biden should have RECUSED himself so as not to give the appearance of corruption. Of course he didn’t though… instead he withheld the $Billion$ loan guarantees to get the prosecutor fired that was investigating the company paying his son (and by some reports himself $900,000) millions of dollars. Sorry, but that screams corruption.

If you replace Hunter Biden’s name with Don Trump Jr.'s name in the Ukraine scandal, and Vice President Joe Biden’s name with President Trump's name, so that Don Jr is getting millions from a Ukrainian gas company under investigation for corruption and Trump sticks his nose in and gets the prosecutor fired then every last Democrat would say it screams corruption and they would want a thorough investigation. Don’t deny it, or you will lose all credibility.

A British-based investigation of Burisma's owner was closed down in early 2015 on a technicality when a deadline for documents was not met, but the Ukraine Prosecutor General's Office still had two open inquiries in March 2016, according to the official case files. And there is a sworn affidavit by the Ukraine general prosecutor that he was still investigating Burisma and was in fact trying to get an interview with Hunter Biden, but could not get the interview and he was told to shut down the investigation by the Ukraine President (the former President, not the new President Zelensky) because Joe Biden wanted it shut down. So exactly what happened there still needs to be sorted out and it can’t be done correctly without cooperation from Ukraine. It’s perfectly legitimate for the POTUS to ask the new Ukraine President if he knows anything about that and to arrange so he can meet with the US attorney general about that and any other issues involving potential corruption. We have a treaty with Ukraine to cooperate on matters involving corruption. Why should the US give Ukraine any foreign aid if the new President Zelensky is going to continue to engage in corruption, or to cover up past corruption, or to refuse to be forthcoming with what he knows about what happened in the Burisma scandal?

by Anonymousreply 212November 2, 2019 1:27 PM

r211, Fuck you. Some of us just don't like Mayor Pete no matter how hard that is for you to fathom.

DEAL.

by Anonymousreply 213November 2, 2019 1:34 PM

You’re new here, aren’t you, r212. Btw, it’s drinking time in Russia (but then, it always is). And no posting on DL during drinking time!

by Anonymousreply 214November 2, 2019 1:42 PM

R212, Good job counselor weaving a narrative out of selective facts. If you're story was true, there would be no need to hide transcripts and ask people to lie, hire thugs to do dirty work, and attack the truth-tellers. He would be bragging about is BEFORE he got caught. Right? Lying piece of shit motherfucker. Right?

Fact checkers found that Trump lied 53 times on Monday Oct. 28. That's a lot of lies for someone who has the truth on their side.

Jarvanka made 135 million last year. What are their jobs again?

by Anonymousreply 215November 2, 2019 1:49 PM

R211

No matter how much DL stans him, they cannot make Pete magically bring in: the South, TX, or the black vote. Every single one of which the Ds need to win. Every single one of which Beto outperforms Pete.

Pete flip-flops on issues, panders to the polls, and is Zuck's lapdog. He IS the "empty suit" that Beto was accused of being. There, I said it.

by Anonymousreply 216November 2, 2019 2:13 PM

R214 (NO, I'M NOT NEW HERE!) AND R215.. i'm on BOTH of your sides! i hate president orange cheeto baby with the heat of a million suns! ..

the reason why i posted this comment from some person on youtube was so that perhaps I MYSELF could post a legitimate facts and truth based reply to this person with all the points this person put in their diatribe!...

I don't know enough to give it right back to this person and prove that person wrong.....

by Anonymousreply 217November 2, 2019 2:19 PM

In order to expose the web of corruption with Trump, the media, and I believe this would be the province of print media, is going to have to assign teams of investigative reporters to various characters, various players. Like, I'd have teams exclusively on Jared & Ivanka. I'd cover them like a blanket and investigate everything.

I'd have a separate team on Donnie Jr. Investigate everything. Go back and retrace Flynn. Investigate everything. Put a team on the Mueller report and the court filings. Why are there so many dangling threads, so much unfinished business, so many leads not followed up on?

I've watched reporters on TV complain that so much is happening they can't keep up with it. So hire more people and work it like a real investigation. Pompeo and Barr haven't been fully investigated. Steve Miller,Steve Bannon, the guys who gave us Cambridge Analytica,

Start combing through the Igors. There are a lot of them. Rudy's matched set of launderers and influence peddlers is tip of the iceberg. And start looking into Congressional leadership. These guys are so obvious, they're begging for it. Lots of foreign money, laundered through lobbyists like Manafort.

The reason why Maddow is so good is because she has a team behind her, and she focuses on one story, and then sets it out in chapters like a book. If you go back and watch earlier episodes she connects all the dots.

We need to focus on information provided by the international Intel community. The Independent ran a story that should have been front page headlines in the Washington Post, the NYT and beyond. Barr begging foreign Intelligence agencies to discredit U.S. intelligence agencies. That is some really incendiary shit.

by Anonymousreply 218November 2, 2019 2:23 PM

Bill Barr ain't subtle: "And the information being requested has left allies astonished. One British official with knowledge of Barr’s wish list presented to London commented that 'it is like nothing we have come across before, they are basically asking, in quite robust terms, for help in doing a hatchet job on their own intelligence services.'”

Quote is from the Independent, which if memory serves Muriel forbids links to. Google!

by Anonymousreply 219November 2, 2019 2:56 PM

Beto and Pete didn't get along. So I doubt Beto fans are going to gravitate to Pete. I see them going for Castro or Warren. Castro's problem, IMO, is he is too "one note." Immigration. I get it. Very important issue. But he's running for President not for Congress. So maybe he ought to go after John Cornyn and beat the bloody shit out of him. Castro running for the Senate in Texas might work.

by Anonymousreply 220November 2, 2019 3:10 PM

Castro is beyond boring. He definitely does not have any sort of “it” factor.

by Anonymousreply 221November 2, 2019 3:11 PM

If Trump were gay he'd be a total top.

by Anonymousreply 222November 2, 2019 3:15 PM

^I just vomited in my mouth

by Anonymousreply 223November 2, 2019 3:27 PM

[quote]If Trump were gay he'd be a total top.

If he were gay he’d bend over like an absolute bitch for a real top, like he does now for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 224November 2, 2019 4:03 PM

I can't get past Warren's warbly voice or Castro's resemblance to Eddie Munster.

by Anonymousreply 225November 2, 2019 4:04 PM

He could never be a gay man. It takes guts to be gay in this country. He's a demonstrated coward AND a liar.

by Anonymousreply 226November 2, 2019 4:06 PM

The JJ twins look like they are out of The Shining.

by Anonymousreply 227November 2, 2019 4:06 PM

Castro is too short.

by Anonymousreply 228November 2, 2019 4:35 PM

WaPo: Smugglers have been sawing through brand-new sections of Trump’s border wall using cordless power tools, cutting through the bollards to create gaps wide enough for people and drug loads to pass through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229November 2, 2019 4:54 PM

Bitch please. If Trumpito was gay he'd be a submissive slave handcuffed in a gimp suit.

by Anonymousreply 230November 2, 2019 5:55 PM

I thought that there had been NO new sections of wall built. None at all. All that has been done were repairs to existing wall.

I saw, in passing, a headline that stated that the assholes were having trouble acquiring the land in TX.

by Anonymousreply 231November 2, 2019 6:44 PM

R231, they're talking about the sections Trump claimed were his by putting his fucking name on them. I'm sure he pissed on them (or hired some prostitutes to do it) when no one was looking.

by Anonymousreply 232November 2, 2019 6:48 PM

[quote]If Trump were gay he'd be a total top.

He wasn't a top with us.

by Anonymousreply 233November 2, 2019 7:57 PM

NYT: Paula White, Newest White House Aide, Is a Uniquely Trumpian Pastor

Donald J. Trump has a televangelist from Florida: Paula White, an outsider whose populist brand of Christianity mirrors Mr. Trump’s conquest of the Republican Party. And she is in many ways a quintessentially Trump figure: a television preacher, married three times, who lives in a mansion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234November 2, 2019 9:07 PM

NBC:

Trump wages coast-to-coast legal battle to keep tax returns hidden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 2, 2019 9:23 PM

Yahoo:

Children were told to ‘build the wall’ at White House Halloween party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236November 2, 2019 9:25 PM

NYT:

The ‘Whimpering’ Terrorist Only Trump Seems to Have Heard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237November 2, 2019 9:34 PM

CBS:

Maria Butina talks to 60 Minutes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238November 2, 2019 9:42 PM

From FUX:

Trump administration to pay $846G to California over failed bid to add citizenship question to census

by Anonymousreply 239November 2, 2019 9:48 PM

Maria Butina is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 240November 2, 2019 9:53 PM

R205 Please tell us more about the antipathy for Mayor Pete. I’d not heard of this before.

I like Beto, and I hope we see him in the future.

by Anonymousreply 241November 2, 2019 10:03 PM

What do you suppose he's hiding in those tax returns? I think it's not criminal so much as proof his wealth is much smaller than he claims. The IRS already has the returns so if there was anything illegal it would have been caught by now, I think it's just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 242November 2, 2019 10:47 PM

R241 see R216. I laid out most of it there. We also dislike Pete because of his weak stance on gun control (his attack on Beto in the last debate), his huge corporate donors, and because he is pushed and hyped by the media out of all proportion to his virtues as a candidate, just as Beto was dismissed and disdained by the media for no discernible reason.

by Anonymousreply 243November 2, 2019 10:49 PM

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts, Ivanka at R242.

by Anonymousreply 244November 2, 2019 10:56 PM

“Strong” positions on guns do no good if you lose elections because of them. That was Buttigieg’s point.

Beto was dismissed because he ran a ridiculous, amateurish campaign that failed to connect with voters.

by Anonymousreply 245November 2, 2019 10:57 PM

More people support mandatory assault weapons buybacks than not. Knuckling under to the NRA does not excite the base or win elections either in a year that has seen so many mass shootings.

by Anonymousreply 246November 2, 2019 11:00 PM

Beto also wildly gesticulates far too much.

by Anonymousreply 247November 2, 2019 11:00 PM

r245, I can't wait until it's Pete's turn to drop out.

I'll be thinking of you when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 248November 2, 2019 11:04 PM

Supporting a mandatory buyback in a poll does not mean a voter will base their vote on that support. However, many voters who oppose gun control will absolutely punish candidates supporting such bans.

Exciting the base does not necessarily win the ejection. You can excite 30 percent, but push moderates to a Trump Victory.

by Anonymousreply 249November 2, 2019 11:06 PM

I hate to bring this up, but there are countries in this world that are culturally and religiously opposed to Gay people. He'd have a real hard time. Much harder than a woman or an African American. I believe we will definitely have a Gay POTUS. I believe it will very likely bePete. But he needs to run for a statewide office first. He needs seasoning and he needs to world to catch up to him. I believe as we make more progress, that within the next two or three election cycles he will ave a better shot. I am very fond of him. But it's not his time.

by Anonymousreply 250November 2, 2019 11:33 PM

My dislike of Pete comes from his nasty attack on Beto at the last debate. Totally unnecessary to go after him like that. He won't be getting my vote that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 251November 2, 2019 11:33 PM

R241 the fact that Pete is chummy with Zuckerberg sealed my I can’t get behind Mayor Pete feeling. I loved Beto because of his passion Mayor Pete is good on paper I guess but from any interview I’ve seen he has no Passion/soul. He seems like he has aspergers to me, I need someone who has some heart about being president.

by Anonymousreply 252November 3, 2019 1:01 AM

[quote]I need someone who has some heart about being president.

The current White House occupant doesn't have a heart, a brain, or courage.

by Anonymousreply 253November 3, 2019 1:20 AM

If kamala drops out will Amy klobuchar get a boost? I think she needs some attention as a way to appease centrists, she can balance any ticket with a progressive pres candidate. She brings that midwestern thing too.

by Anonymousreply 254November 3, 2019 10:33 AM

[quote]I hate to bring this up, but there are countries in this world that are culturally and religiously opposed to Gay people. He'd have a real hard time.

Hmmm, hasn't been a problem for me.

by Anonymousreply 255November 3, 2019 11:26 AM

[quote]I hate to bring this up, but there are countries in this world that are culturally and religiously opposed to Gay people. He'd have a real hard time.

Hmmm, hasn't been a problem for me.

by Anonymousreply 256November 3, 2019 11:27 AM

[quote]Beto was dismissed and disdained by the media for no discernible reason.

With respect I disagree. Beto came across as a dilettante in the end - unprepared and without a clear vision. I liked him... thought he was fucking brilliant against Cruz... but on the national stage I just couldn't grasp what he wanted to say, as opposed to what he grabbed onto. The event du semaine is not leadership, even if leadership requires the deftness to adjust.

Jennifer Rubin at WaPo made some observations that I am scalping because they make my point better than I can:

"The premise of the O’Rourke campaign — an eloquent and moderate uniter — almost worked in a Senate race. But in a crowded field, he seemed in over his head — better known for jumping on counters and casting out a gun confiscation scheme than in establishing himself as the RFK whom so many Democrats thought he might turn out to be. From the cringe-worthy cover of Vanity Fair to the awkward video announcement to the f-bombs, he simply did not seem “presidential" — that is, someone single-minded, devoted and utterly prepared to lead a country with as many grave problems as ours. He never quite escaped the impression he was a bit of a dilettante. For those of us who opined that a woman as lightly credentialed as he likely would not have run, it is reminder that no one is “born” to do this. A little self-reflection can prevent a public belly-flop. Part of his problem was South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, another center-left young candidate, but one far more eloquent than most of the candidates. If you wanted a smart, young white guy, Buttigieg was simply a better candidate than O’Rourke."

"Finally, O’Rourke’s failure certainly stands for the proposition that gimmicky proposals really do not work. Coming up with the most extreme gun proposal (or extreme-anything proposal) is not a ticket to success. Rather than seen as cutting-edge, it is just as likely to convey the impression of flightiness, especially if you cannot answer some basic questions (i.e., how is this going to work?)"

She's quite fair to O'Rourke but well describes why he wasn't ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257November 3, 2019 11:48 AM

Rubin is a Repub, what do you expect?

No one running for President has a "vision" or a clearly defined mission statement. Please tell me what the visions are for the other Democrats, besides, "I want to be President. Let's defeat Trump." Same as Beto.

by Anonymousreply 258November 3, 2019 11:55 AM

Oh, for Christ's sake... even some Republicans can reason an argument. It's not to say they're right but it's not say they are to be summarily dismissed. If you're going to be idiotically tribal you're no better than those you deplore and uninformed. BLOCKED.

by Anonymousreply 259November 3, 2019 12:00 PM

Warren: revolutionary redesign of the system

Pete: Change that includes everybody

Biden: saving the soul of the country

VISIONS.

by Anonymousreply 260November 3, 2019 12:01 PM

Oh thank god, now I don't have to argue with that cunt who can't tell a marketing catchphrase from a vision anymore.

by Anonymousreply 261November 3, 2019 12:17 PM

Warren: Something for everyone and somebody else will pay. Biden: I was with Obama, remember? Pete: I'm smart Kamala: I was that little girl and I ran out of ideas Bernie: I'm just like Warren, except I have a penis Tulsi: MAGA Klobuchar: I really want to be V-P.

by Anonymousreply 262November 3, 2019 1:12 PM

R260, you aren’t particularly smart are you, dear?

by Anonymousreply 263November 3, 2019 1:24 PM

'Dear' is always such an intelligent argument.

by Anonymousreply 264November 3, 2019 1:31 PM

R264, would prefer “cunt”? We can always go with that.

by Anonymousreply 265November 3, 2019 1:35 PM

*would you

by Anonymousreply 266November 3, 2019 1:35 PM

Y’all know there’s a lovely let’s be Russian troll farm trolls thread that you can take your Democratic primary candidate bashing and division talking points to for beta testing?

My personal opinion is that all the Democratic primary candidates, current and former, are a million times better than Mango Mussolini, with the exception of MW and TG, who are merely a thousand times better. There is nothing hitting the fan for any of them.

On the other hand, oh the sweet, sweet sound of the crowd booing the tangerine twatwaffle last night. That was supposed to be a triumphant talking point on Fox today.

by Anonymousreply 267November 3, 2019 1:39 PM

Elderlez, who is TG?

by Anonymousreply 268November 3, 2019 1:41 PM

Still struggling to be more amused by the anger missing word typo or the Herculean brain matter behind "Castro is too short". Give up, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 269November 3, 2019 1:43 PM

And capitalizing the word VISIONS is some remarkable feat of political acumen, R269? Yeah, we’re all truly wowed by you.

Also, “Still struggling to be more amused” doesn’t quite roll off the tongue and also doesn’t really make any sense (why would you be still struggling if it’s so amusing?) You don’t have much of a way with words, do you?

by Anonymousreply 270November 3, 2019 1:51 PM

Your high self confidence is showing. BLOCKED. I like debating with people who have something to say about politics, not their obvious insecurities. You have a nice day.

by Anonymousreply 271November 3, 2019 1:56 PM

Tulsi Gabbard, R268

by Anonymousreply 272November 3, 2019 2:01 PM

ALL CAPS typically signals a frau.

by Anonymousreply 273November 3, 2019 2:02 PM

When I think of ALL CAPS at DL I generally think of Fecal Footwear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274November 3, 2019 2:07 PM

Speaking of Poo Shoes....

The Hill: Conway spars with Wallace on whether White House will cooperate with impeachment inquiry after formal vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275November 3, 2019 4:25 PM

^ Conway first pivoted to attacking Hillary Clinton before Wallace continued to ask her why it was "okay for Republicans, when they're in charge, to conduct hearings behind closed doors."

"I think there is no analogy to the ultimate goal here which is to impeach a president and remove him from office," Conway responded. "This is an extraordinary event."

by Anonymousreply 276November 3, 2019 4:27 PM

Equally ridiculous was her claim that the "full House" did not vote on the impeachment inquiry, just the Democrats. Dear Ms. Cuntway carries on with her "alternative facts."

by Anonymousreply 277November 3, 2019 4:35 PM

Beto didn't attract new donors, particularly the high-end contributors. His polling numbers were low and stagnant. His debate performances did not generate much pro-Beto chatter. He gave it a shot, but it didn't happen fo him. The system has flaws, and DNC rules and the media's talking heads, are largely in coñtrol.

Centrists, Sen. Bennet and Gov. Bullock, haven't got any real traction, and most voters know very little about them. That's unfortunate, because they could be viable general election type candidates. Yet, three or four weird characters have managed to make the debate stage when they haven't lately.

More town halls and interviews with these candidates would have been better than very early debates with a dozen+ on stage

by Anonymousreply 278November 3, 2019 5:04 PM

The debates have been a joke this time around. 12 people on one stage is a debate? I haven't been going out of my way to watch them, and now with Beto out I'm not even going to try to watch them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 279November 3, 2019 10:33 PM

Vox:

At a UFC event, Trump receives second round of boos in a week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280November 3, 2019 11:04 PM

What a fat, unpopular loser!

by Anonymousreply 281November 3, 2019 11:23 PM

#sad

by Anonymousreply 282November 4, 2019 12:26 AM

[quote]and now with Beto out I'm not even going to try to watch them anymore.

Excellent. And now that your candidate of choice is out of race, be sure not to care and be sure not to vote in General Election.

by Anonymousreply 283November 4, 2019 12:48 AM

[quote]I was born for this.

So now what happens? Does he die?

by Anonymousreply 284November 4, 2019 1:21 AM

The Hill:

Trump keeps NYT, WaPo apps on his phone despite cancelling subscriptions: report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285November 4, 2019 1:53 AM

No new shit today?

by Anonymousreply 286November 4, 2019 10:18 PM

R286 yes but this thread is shit

by Anonymousreply 287November 4, 2019 10:24 PM

Trump withdrew from the Paris climate accord today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288November 4, 2019 10:28 PM

I heard MSNBC announce that one of the Igors that Rudy owns is threatening to cooperate with the Impeachment inquiry. But who knows what that means. I think this is the one who is not in all the photos with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 289November 4, 2019 10:30 PM

Dump lost his appeal to keep from releasing his taxes to NY State. But of course he is going to appeal that ruling to the Supreme Court, tying it up further.

by Anonymousreply 290November 4, 2019 10:41 PM

R290 Dump will disobey a Supreme Court decision not in his favor. He is completely above the law.

by Anonymousreply 291November 4, 2019 10:46 PM

[quote]Dump will disobey a Supreme Court decision not in his favor. He is completely above the law.

If the SCOTUS ultimately rules against him, Mazars almost certainly will release the tax documents they've been ordered to provide. They're not going to defy a SCOTUS ruling just because Forrest Trump told them to.

by Anonymousreply 292November 4, 2019 11:00 PM

Forrest Trump! Love it!

by Anonymousreply 293November 4, 2019 11:29 PM

The Hill:

Ex-evangelical pastor says supporting Trump has been 'damaging' to church

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294November 4, 2019 11:49 PM

Exactly, r292.

He canthreaten and rage all he wants but once the SCOTUS says release the returns, mazars will. Period.

Then the floodgates will open and fat Donnie will exposed.

by Anonymousreply 295November 5, 2019 12:04 AM

You know, if he controls the "Justice" Department, and he Controls the Senate, and he has some favorable judges in place, I do believe the man is convinced he can do anything he wants. Period. He doesn't give a fuck whether the courts tell him to turn his shit over. And if the accounting firms do turn it over, and it shows he broke laws ( which it will) he thinks he is immune from all prosecution and he will pay no penalty. After all, who will enforce the law when the head of DoJ is corrupt. I pray some act of God will rescue us from this nightmare. He is a fucking monster.

by Anonymousreply 296November 5, 2019 3:03 AM

Why is the Mooch all of a sudden such a big anti -Trumper and pro-Impeacher? Watched him on CNN - Anderson tonight talking all about how if "we" get the approval for impeachment and removal to 65% he's toast. When did the Mooch become part of the resistance?

He also argued with Anderson to claim that Trump will be out of office either resigning or will be removed by the Senate, and Anderson was like, there will be that many GOP Senators to vote to remove? The Mooch also insisted that more 'lawlessness' with phonecalls and such will come out

I think he's just making inflated comments to earn his CNN $$$ but let's hope there's actually some substance to his word salad. He sounded sane, I'll give him that.

by Anonymousreply 297November 5, 2019 5:37 AM

I think big indicators on where we stand with impeachment are the upcoming elections in Kentucky, Virginia and Louisiana. If the GOP loses big in these states, this would be really bad for Trump. It seems no one here is paying much attention to how much energy Trump currently invests to win theses states. Rallies, supportive tweets etc. He really wants to show the GOP that he can still win elections besides all the impeachment nonsense and that his base still supports him. But if these states turn blue on the other hand....

I have a very bad feeling though that Democrats will lose big time in the upcoming elections. Polls show that it is very close and with all the support from Trump... Why aren't some big Dems down there supporting the candidates more and telling people what a corrupt president Trump is? All I saw was a tweet from Obama.

by Anonymousreply 298November 5, 2019 9:58 AM

Doesn't your CONCERN belong on the Treason threads, troll at R298?

by Anonymousreply 299November 5, 2019 11:23 AM

I stand corrected. The troll at R298 is cross posting his divisive worry and concern on both threads.

Gotta make the $$$$!

by Anonymousreply 300November 5, 2019 11:24 AM

Is it fun being paranoid, R300?

by Anonymousreply 301November 5, 2019 11:34 AM

Rally for Kentucky governor turns into Trump personal message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302November 5, 2019 11:47 AM

[quote] [R241] the fact that Pete is chummy with Zuckerberg sealed my I can’t get behind Mayor Pete feeling. I loved Beto because of his passion Mayor Pete is good on paper I guess but from any interview I’ve seen he has no Passion/soul. He seems like he has aspergers to me, I need someone who has some heart about being president.

Bingo.

Pete’s revealed himself to be this oddly youthful candidate who paradoxically acts older and disdainfully emotionless; excepting his dirty Dem attacks. His corporate and wealthy overloads (Zuck et al), tip the scales to have me running far, far away from the guy.

by Anonymousreply 303November 5, 2019 11:50 AM

Fuck off Trump lover at r299, r300.

by Anonymousreply 304November 5, 2019 12:31 PM

USA Today:

'Do your job!': Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul demands media reveal whistleblower's identity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305November 5, 2019 1:22 PM

AP:

Lawyer: Trump's phone records back details of woman's claim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306November 5, 2019 1:23 PM

Fuck you Rand Paul

by Anonymousreply 307November 5, 2019 1:26 PM

The Hill:

Trump: US ready to help in 'cleaning out' the 'monsters' who killed Americans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308November 5, 2019 1:27 PM

Trump offered to help Russia fight forest fires while threatening to withhold federal firefighting aid from California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 5, 2019 1:32 PM

I just can't with this fuck anymore.

by Anonymousreply 310November 5, 2019 1:43 PM

At [R303]: "his, er, preferences..."???? I'd be amused (if the subject were not so terribly serious and urgent) at people like this, who sound all measured and Concerned in the body of their post, then blow it big time with horrible,homophobic/racist/stupid signatures.

by Anonymousreply 311November 5, 2019 4:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312November 5, 2019 4:27 PM

Remember the time he declared a national emergency on Friday, then went golfing and to the omelette bar on Saturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 5, 2019 4:45 PM

CBS:

Trump Jr. says "there are very few people" his dad can "fully trust"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314November 5, 2019 5:45 PM

[bold]Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson[/bold]

[italic]Remember, remember, The 8th of November,

'Twas Putin, and treason and plot;

I see no reason

Why pro-Russian treason

Should ever be forgot.[/italic]

From Dec 10, 2016, Wilson retweeted today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315November 5, 2019 5:48 PM

[quote]Trump offered to help Russia fight forest fires while threatening to withhold federal firefighting aid from California.

Make Russia great again!

by Anonymousreply 316November 5, 2019 6:20 PM

Way to give yourself away, R303. Homophobic TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 317November 5, 2019 6:46 PM

R314 Jr. has AIDS face

by Anonymousreply 318November 5, 2019 7:14 PM

No, those afflicted by AIDS are all innocents; they did not ask for it, R318.

Rather, Blump Junior has the sunken face of a rapidly decaying waste of human life resulting from constant depravity, lying and negativity. It's an affliction of the soul.

by Anonymousreply 319November 5, 2019 7:19 PM

[quote]I just can't with this fuck anymore.

I've been saying this every fucking day for over a year and a half now.

by Anonymousreply 320November 5, 2019 7:34 PM

The Mooch turned on Trump back in the summer. He criticized Trump's racist comments while insisting that Trump had the toughest job in the world, then Trump criticized him in return, and then the Mooch turned on Trump and has never looked back.

by Anonymousreply 321November 5, 2019 10:34 PM

One critical question I have in this ongoing shit tornado...

Poll numbers have Republicans supporting shithead at 88%. However. How many people have left the GOP over the past 3 years? Are those numbers factored in?

I want to believe that the low percentage of never die Trumpanzees is around 30% of the voting public. And even fucking with swing state votes they can't win the electoral college with 30%.

How much of this "broad support"of shithead is PR spin/planted crowds/bots/whatever?

by Anonymousreply 322November 5, 2019 11:50 PM

Governor's race in Kentucky is seriously close. Seriously. The Dem should win....unless it's stolen. This is not a good look for Trump. LOLOL!

by Anonymousreply 323November 6, 2019 12:24 AM

R323, Democrat declared the winner!

by Anonymousreply 324November 6, 2019 12:36 AM

Come on BESHEAR!!!!

by Anonymousreply 325November 6, 2019 1:07 AM

NBC called for Beshear.

by Anonymousreply 326November 6, 2019 1:19 AM

BESHEAR WINS!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 327November 6, 2019 1:21 AM

Ha ha...Trump was just their last night for Bevin. This is a BIG Slap in the face to Trump from Kentucky!

by Anonymousreply 328November 6, 2019 1:24 AM

there not their

by Anonymousreply 329November 6, 2019 1:25 AM

BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330November 6, 2019 1:27 AM

And the Democrat won in KY. Trump will be pissed. I hope this means that McConnel will be toast too.

by Anonymousreply 331November 6, 2019 2:16 AM

In Virginia state politics, Democrats have won both houses.

by Anonymousreply 332November 6, 2019 2:46 AM

McConnell already knows he can't win in Kentucky. I bet he was intending to announce his retirement but wanted to wait. Not be a Lame duck. He is going to follow the money. If the media pundits think he will turn on Trump they are delusional. Because for McConnell it's not really about Trump it's about the politics ...and the money.

by Anonymousreply 333November 6, 2019 2:52 AM

[quote]In Virginia state politics, Democrats have won both houses.

It's better than that. WaPo headline:

Democrats flip Virginia Senate and House, taking control of state government for the first time in a generation

So, really not good news for Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 334November 6, 2019 3:13 AM

I have to give some credit to Indivisible and MoveOn because as far as educating voters about the importance of their state legislatures, and educating people on issues, they've done an outstanding job. I think Syria and the betrayal of the Kurds played a role, and I think the people are tired of Trump. Sick to death of the constant chaos and self-dealing.

by Anonymousreply 335November 6, 2019 3:20 AM

In KY it was about healthcare. Seems that the Republican tried to tie work requirement to Medicaid and repealed part of ACA that removed 400K from health insurance. An online mentioned that uncle who rarely left the holler, voted Democrat. All other statewide races, with the exception of KY Supreme Ct seat, went Republican.

by Anonymousreply 336November 6, 2019 4:38 AM

Lindsey is in a whirlwind. But Lindsey makes it on Hannity nightly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337November 6, 2019 9:26 AM

Danica Re-elected!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338November 6, 2019 9:51 AM

I'm hesitant to say this, because I know what happens here if someone says anything slightly positive about a trans person. But I was really happy to see her get reelected so resoundingly.

Being trans is the least interesting thing about her. She's great because she's a really, really good legislator. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up in Congress some day.

by Anonymousreply 339November 6, 2019 9:58 AM

How did this thread end up being about the Trans?

by Anonymousreply 340November 6, 2019 12:18 PM

Two posts make the tread "about the Trans?"

Teeny-tiny world you live in there r340.

by Anonymousreply 341November 6, 2019 12:50 PM

Bevins lost. He doesn't have to concede. He lost. In Georgia, Stacy Abrams didn't concede for weeks.....maybe she still hasn't...but she isn't governor.

by Anonymousreply 342November 6, 2019 1:10 PM

Pro-Putin Rand Paul didn't didn't "influence" enough for Bevin.

by Anonymousreply 343November 6, 2019 2:36 PM

Don Jr. has identified the presumed Ukraine whistleblower in a tweet this morning.

by Anonymousreply 344November 6, 2019 2:38 PM

[quote]How did this thread end up being about the Trans?

Yes! Let's chat about the fabulous Miss Lindsey instead.

by Anonymousreply 345November 6, 2019 2:40 PM

Junior Mint. What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 346November 6, 2019 2:42 PM

Junior Mint

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347November 6, 2019 3:32 PM

[quote]Don Jr. has identified the presumed Ukraine whistleblower in a tweet this morning.

The White House says the president nor any senior administration official was aware in advance that the president’s eldest son was going to tweet out the name of the alleged whistleblower.

“The outrage on this is BS. And those pretending that I would coordinate with The White House to send out a Breitbart link haven’t been watching my feed for a long time," Junior Mint tells Yashar Ali.

by Anonymousreply 348November 6, 2019 3:41 PM

Junior Mint is now totally denying it. I assume people screen shot the tweet, but no one wants to publish it for obvious reasons. Maybe they should redact/blur the name.

by Anonymousreply 349November 6, 2019 3:54 PM

So Junior has now broken the law. Flagrant. Out in the open. Consequences? .... (crickets) ....

by Anonymousreply 350November 6, 2019 3:56 PM

Meant to ask how did that little fucker even have the name of the Whistleblower? Who confirmed it was the right name. There could be a lot of names out there. I'd love it if the whole State Department and the entire Intelligence community stood up and announce they were all "The Whistleblower."

by Anonymousreply 351November 6, 2019 3:57 PM

[quote]Meant to ask how did that little fucker even have the name of the Whistleblower?

He tweeted a link to a Breitbart story that identifies the presumed Whistleblower.

But the name has been circulating throughout D.C. for several weeks.

by Anonymousreply 352November 6, 2019 4:00 PM

Very Murder on the Orient Express, r351!

by Anonymousreply 353November 6, 2019 4:02 PM

[Quote]Junior Mint is now totally denying it. I assume people screen shot the tweet, but no one wants to publish it for obvious reasons. Maybe they should redact/blur the name.

Why screenshot it? The tweet is still on his feed.

by Anonymousreply 354November 6, 2019 4:05 PM

Sorry, R354. I thought the tweet had been deleted.

by Anonymousreply 355November 6, 2019 4:16 PM

Is the name of the whistleblower still classified? I know that media outlets won’t print his name, but I was wondering if asshole jr actually broke a law?

by Anonymousreply 356November 6, 2019 4:58 PM

Doubtful he broke the law, r356. Breitbart published the name and he was retweeting Breitbart.

There hard on for the whistle blower is just revenge and a warning to other potential whistle blowers at this point. There's some much first hand info out there now that the whistle blowers testimony is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 357November 6, 2019 5:03 PM

^there = their

by Anonymousreply 358November 6, 2019 5:06 PM

R357, my point is, if the government classified the person’s name, and it’s still classified (secret or confidential), the fact that someone published it doesn’t change the classification. At least, I think that’s the case. Can someone with more knowledge weigh in?

If Asshole jr just published a link, I guess that wouldn’t be breaking the law.

by Anonymousreply 359November 6, 2019 5:06 PM

[quote]If Asshole jr just published a link, I guess that wouldn’t be breaking the law.

**sigh** That's the point of r357. He didn't break the law by retweeting Breitbart. And Breitbart didn't break the law either. They will claim the person who broke the law was the their source.

by Anonymousreply 360November 6, 2019 5:13 PM

This is a problem only if they try to confirm it by going after anyone. Let them hang and say nothing....for now.

by Anonymousreply 361November 6, 2019 5:45 PM

R360 I have a specific reason for asking this, which I posted in the impeachment thread. A Facebook “friend” posted the name of the whistleblower. It’s obvious he got it from somewhere else. However he works for a government contractor and I believe he has a clearance. And I believe that clearance forbids him to release classified info even if it’s publicly out there already. I sent an anonymous email to his company...

by Anonymousreply 362November 6, 2019 5:53 PM

Good, R362. He broke the law.

by Anonymousreply 363November 6, 2019 6:06 PM

R362, wow, you're dumb. What Junior mint did is perfectly legal. He quoted a story already in the public domain. He didn't out the whistle blower and he even referred to him as the "alleged whistle blower" so you know the tweet was vetted by legal before posted. What he did was morally reprehensible, but not illegal

You have no idea what the other person's clearance entails and you very well may be the one who looks like an asshole. My bet is on the latter.

by Anonymousreply 364November 6, 2019 6:28 PM

R364, your comment is morally reprehensible. As to the action not being illegal, I'll wait until someone with a legal background who is knowledgeable about the whistleblower law provides comment vs. taking your word for it.

by Anonymousreply 365November 6, 2019 6:34 PM

R364, you obviously are just guessing. Anyone who has more of a clue how clearances work is welcome to chime in.

If Asshole jr doesn’t have a clearance, and I’m guessing he doesn’t, he didn’t do anything illegal.

by Anonymousreply 366November 6, 2019 6:35 PM

R364, the Trumps laugh at you behind your back.

by Anonymousreply 367November 6, 2019 6:46 PM

And just to continue to chime in... I worked for a large defense contractor and had a security clearance. When Wikileaks published that huge trove of US classified info, our security dept. sent everyone who had a clearance an email warning us to not even go to the web site, as they believed it would pose a security breach and would jeopardize our clearance.

by Anonymousreply 368November 6, 2019 6:54 PM

I take it that r365, r366 and r367, haven't been watching the news today.

It's morally reprehensible but not illegal. New outlets are reporting that they can report the name because it is out there in the public domain but are choosing not to.

r366, you're calling me an asshole for pointing the same thing in your post. You're the real asshole for coming on an an anonymous website asking first if what Don Jr did was illegal. When told "no" you whined and then wanted to know if your "friend" with clearance is in the same situation. I repeat, you're dumb.

by Anonymousreply 369November 6, 2019 6:59 PM

[quote]as they believed it would pose a security breach and would jeopardize our clearance.

It's a "security breach" because every time you visit a website you're giving away information about yourself that leaves you vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 370November 6, 2019 7:02 PM

I didn’t call you an asshole, r369, I was referring to Dump Jr. But you’re an asshole and, worse, a Dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 371November 6, 2019 7:05 PM

R371, please explain how stating something is morally reprehensible but not illegal is being a dumpster? I'll wait. A question was asked and I answered. Not my problem you didn't like the answer.

I'm beginning to think you're a troll because nobody can be as dumb as you are.

by Anonymousreply 372November 6, 2019 7:14 PM

R372, it’s very late in Russia. Go back to bed. No OT for you.

by Anonymousreply 373November 6, 2019 7:19 PM

"morally reprehensible, but not illegal"

That pretty much sums up the entire Trump Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 374November 6, 2019 7:54 PM

[quote]This is a problem only if they try to confirm it by going after anyone.

You can bet the QAnon crowd is already doing everything they can to make his life miserable.

by Anonymousreply 375November 6, 2019 8:02 PM

That's why there's a push to get Junior Mint kicked off Twitter, r375.

by Anonymousreply 376November 6, 2019 8:04 PM

No, r347....Mrally reprehensible AND illegal pretty well summarizes the entire Dump Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 377November 6, 2019 8:26 PM

I get that you can spread news second hand, and this is why they did it this way. I hope they catch the original perp....Rand Paul? If it is, if they can prove he did it, then he should be censured and thrown out of the Senate for breaking the law. Also the bar.

As far as Jr. is concerned, the WB can sue for harassment under the premise that the law, being broken, gives anyone spreading the news questionable legal status as an accessory to a felony.

by Anonymousreply 378November 6, 2019 8:44 PM

Looks like Russia's carrying the GOP's water and blaming it on WAPO.

Standing beside an approving Donald Trump at a rally in Kentucky on Monday night, Republican Sen. Rand Paul demanded the media unmask the whistleblower whose report about the president’s alleged abuse of power dealing with Ukraine sparked impeachment proceedings.

American news organizations resisted the pressure, but—in a 2019 re-play of “Russia, if you’re listening”—Kremlin-controlled state media promptly jumped on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379November 6, 2019 9:10 PM

They are all such fucking scum!!! I hate them with the heat of a millions suns!

by Anonymousreply 380November 6, 2019 9:56 PM

it wasn't Rand Paul.Because Rand Paul should not have had access to the name. I'd bet it was someone highly placed in the White House or State Department, who leaked it . No doubt in my mind. If you're looking for the leaker/lawbreaker, look no further than the Trump White House or Pompeo's shop. With help from Barr. They went on a rampage shortly after this went down, and probably figured out who it was months ago. Don't forget the Whistleblower went through the "proper channels" and so people were alerted, and Trump's people are pure slime.

by Anonymousreply 381November 6, 2019 10:52 PM

WB, if you're reading DL for strategy (lol) your identity is out, so own it. Go public during the hearings next week. Sign a seven-figure book deal. Success is the best revenge. You will become a hero to 55% of the American public.

by Anonymousreply 382November 6, 2019 11:29 PM

OF COURSE Russian media are spreading the name of the whistleblower. Hell, they probably hacked the name in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 383November 7, 2019 12:20 AM

OF COURSE Russian media are spreading the name of the whistleblower. Hell, they probably hacked the name in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 384November 7, 2019 12:20 AM

Well what’s the WB name?

by Anonymousreply 385November 7, 2019 1:28 AM

Semolina Beaterbars

by Anonymousreply 386November 7, 2019 2:42 AM

r385. Ainalem Pmurt

by Anonymousreply 387November 7, 2019 2:58 AM

You all keep on engaging these trolls. Don’t engage with them, you validate them. This is psy-ops and some of the goals are to stir up shite and amplify false narratives or bullshite, whatever you want to call it. Do this test, if you think someone is a troll, block them. Check the numerical gaps in the thread replies. So far, every one I’ve blocked -even the super subtle has been a troll.

by Anonymousreply 388November 7, 2019 5:30 AM

Do you guys think Trump is so obsessed with the WB because without him his perfect phone call would still be locked away on this secret server and no one would know that the tried to extort the Ukrainian president for dirt on the Bidens?

by Anonymousreply 389November 7, 2019 5:55 AM

[quote]I think it's not criminal so much as proof his wealth is much smaller than he claims.

Why do people keep saying this? It makes no sense. I do taxes and there's really nothing in one's yearly tax return that indicates one's total net worth. It is a snapshot of ONE year, and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 390November 7, 2019 6:34 AM

True

More likely his tax returns will be a pirate’s map to a trove of really uncomfortable (and unanswerable) questions

by Anonymousreply 391November 7, 2019 6:53 AM

R390, wasn't it a tax form that showed he lost something like $1 billion in one year and made nothing due to all his losses?

It's the money laundering, Russia connections, and all the fraud that he's worried about. Right now he's got Mnuchin covering his ass. That he got away with it this long is sickening. That it's probably legal as long as he had a good accountant doing it is even more sickening. He hasn't been trying so hard to hide them for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 392November 7, 2019 7:19 AM

[quote]wasn't it a tax form that showed he lost something like $1 billion in one year and made nothing due to all his losses?

You misunderstand how tax losses work. A $1 billion tax loss in one year is considered a great boon to the wealthy. It does not mean that he made no cash during that year, it merely means that the loss offsets his income and allows him to pay no taxes for that year.

As an even greater plus, if his income was less that the $1 bil loss, the remainder of that loss can be carried forward to future years to offset future income meaning that there can be multiple years in which he paid no taxes.

by Anonymousreply 393November 7, 2019 7:51 AM

[quote]You misunderstand how tax losses work. A $1 billion tax loss in one year is considered a great boon to the wealthy. It does not mean that he made no cash during that year, it merely means that the loss offsets his income and allows him to pay no taxes for that year.

I do understand that. What he's worried about is the perception of his idiot base, not the other wealthy tax dodgers. The most important thing for him is the perception that he's a great businessman...the greatest business man ever. And, to the general public, that doesn't equate to year after year after year of business losses with no income. Also, the money laundering and Russian financing and fraud, too.

by Anonymousreply 394November 7, 2019 8:39 AM

"Bribery" replaces "quid pro quo" and Ari Melber sports his hot new look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395November 7, 2019 10:27 AM

[quote]What he's worried about is the perception of his idiot base, not the other wealthy tax dodgers.

The New York Times reported that he lost more money than virtually any other U.S. taxpayer between 1985 and 1994.

Rube Nation still thinks he's the greatest businessman in history.

by Anonymousreply 396November 7, 2019 11:44 AM

I'm not sure I understand this whole tax thing. If there is something so explosive in them that could ruin him wouldn't that mean he should have gotten in trouble with all of the tax audits he has had or has he been paying someone off all this time?

by Anonymousreply 397November 7, 2019 1:19 PM

I am still of the belief that the only material information in the tax returns is that Trump has most likely never paid a red cent in personal taxes.

There just isn't much else in Form 1040 that could possibly be that explosive. The attached schedules could reveal that he has some non-performing investments, but that is absolutely true of every real estate developer in the world.

The fact that he has lost more money than his base could wrap their tiny, tiny minds around seems immaterial. I honestly don't think they give a fuck.

To be honest, at this point his tax returns are just one more drop in a sea of distractions.

by Anonymousreply 398November 7, 2019 1:42 PM

And a good contingent of his idiot followers would only think he's smart for avoiding tax.

Did anyone else see Alyson Camerwhatever's citizen segment yesterday and today?

If you can bear it, watch the Trumptard @1:54... she's just everything they are from hair and wardrobe to stumped by the question stubbornness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399November 7, 2019 1:49 PM

It's probably going to reveal that he intentionally under values his properties to avoid paying higher taxes on them. He was already caught by the Town of Ossining doing just this and the property ended up being reassessed and revalued. Google the news.

by Anonymousreply 400November 7, 2019 1:50 PM

R399, I cannot bear even looking at that fraulish picture, and I'm a woman.

I will not and cannot with these mofos thinking they 'swing' elections and make dictators. What fools to think they're manipulating anything.

by Anonymousreply 401November 7, 2019 2:00 PM

R399, I cannot bear even looking at that fraulish picture, and I'm a woman.

I will not and cannot with these mofos thinking they 'swing' elections and make dictators. What fools to think they're manipulating anything.

by Anonymousreply 402November 7, 2019 2:00 PM

interesting that out of the six of them only one is still for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 403November 7, 2019 2:04 PM

Trump and Apprentice creator Mark Burnett are pitching ideas to each other for a reality show the orange one would host post-presidency.

"The president has confided to close associates that he misses hosting The Apprentice and The Celebrity Apprentice on NBC. Trump has waxed nostalgic about how he created what he sees as the greatest thing reality television has ever seen."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404November 7, 2019 2:14 PM

Trump Jr. Is plastering the WB's name all over his Twitter feed. Why is he so obsessed with him? Most of the information is irrelevant now anyway. Republicans even have their first hand accounts now. Leave him alone already.

by Anonymousreply 405November 7, 2019 2:14 PM

sorry about the double post...did a little tappity tap too quickly

I think the idiot will leave the WH well ahead of any transition. He and his 'base' are the swingers while the real threat is Pence, all the xtian appointments and the defiance of Congress as a result. They believe themselves - Barr, Pence, Pompeo, Nunes, and others (I call them the Christian Cabal) above the laws and subpeonas by our Congress because they follow a 'higher' law. They have made an unholy alliance with xtian white supremecists all over the world - including formerly communist billionaire oligarchs with huge orthodox crosses in private chapels - to bring about war in the Middle East to satisfy their myth of an American utopia of xtianity and purity that will rule after the war. It's real, it's sick and that is what they are.

by Anonymousreply 406November 7, 2019 2:16 PM

R404 Still jealous of Obama's Netflix deal. Haha.

by Anonymousreply 407November 7, 2019 2:16 PM

These Christo-fascist fucktards are trying to bring Shirley Jackson’s “The Lottery” to life.

by Anonymousreply 408November 7, 2019 2:18 PM

R404, I will enjoy Burnett's hard fall into the ninth circle of hell. His ego alone requires it.

by Anonymousreply 409November 7, 2019 2:18 PM

Jr. wants his father to see him as being supportive of him and posting the WB identity. All those kids were raised by Trump. they can only know what they have learned. They never stood a chance in hell.

by Anonymousreply 410November 7, 2019 2:19 PM

Actually, they stand a very good chance in hell, R410, at becoming top rate demons. I'm proud of them all.

by Anonymousreply 411November 7, 2019 2:42 PM

R397 Michael Cohen said something about how Trump falsely claims bigger losses or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 412November 7, 2019 3:39 PM

I think all the brouhaha from the repugs about the WB is due to the fact that they have nothing left to focus on. The WB report is moot at this point. So is potential WB testimony. They can no longer focus on process, because they got their full House vote.

by Anonymousreply 413November 7, 2019 4:11 PM

ABC:

Allegations against Biden 'not credible,' testified US official now touted by Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414November 7, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]Trump Jr. Is plastering the WB's name all over his Twitter feed. Why is he so obsessed with him? Most of the information is irrelevant now anyway. Republicans even have their first hand accounts now. Leave him alone already.Trump Jr. Is plastering the WB's name all over his Twitter feed. Why is he so obsessed with him? Most of the information is irrelevant now anyway. Republicans even have their first hand accounts now. Leave him alone already.

Because there are supposedly other whistle blowers wanting to come forward. This smear campaign is probably a warning to them to stay quiet.

by Anonymousreply 415November 7, 2019 4:44 PM

[quote]Michael Cohen said something about how Trump falsely claims bigger losses or something like that.

I think it's about claiming losses to the IRS but overstating revenues and value of holdings to banks when he sought loans.

It's similar to Manafort's bank and wire fraud charges if I'm not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 416November 7, 2019 6:53 PM

"Because there are supposedly other whistle blowers wanting to come forward. This smear campaign is probably a warning to them to stay quiet."

Exactly. I hope that does not turn out to be the case.

by Anonymousreply 417November 7, 2019 7:50 PM

R404 it’ll be called ‘The Candidate’ and will be how the Republican nominee is chosen. Trump, Kellyanne and Daddy-Fucker Ivanka will give the potential candidates challenges like ‘Twitter Intimidation’ and ‘Opponent Nicknaming’, before they eliminate one in the boardroom each week. Politics is officially a sideshow now with this fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 418November 7, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote]Trump and Apprentice creator Mark Burnett are pitching ideas to each other for a reality show the orange one would host post-presidency.

Mr. Kellyanne Conway:

The proposal I like the best is “The Apprentice: Prison Commissary.”

by Anonymousreply 419November 7, 2019 8:27 PM

Trump games the system. And he lies. He inflates his worth to qualify for loans and financing, then he deflates his value for tax purposes. And when they say his properties are losing 80% of their business he smiles because he won't have to pay a dime. But the thing is, if his tax returns are exposed, going over maybe a ten year period, we will see Tax fraud, Bank fraud, etc.etc.et.c and probably discover his net worth to be not nearly what he claims. The other t hing to know is that Trump began licensing his name and working with Felix Sater to set up Bayrock LLC, so that he was paid for his name on buildings but didn't have to ante up any financing or incur any liability. So who knows how he has decided to assign value to his name?

by Anonymousreply 420November 7, 2019 9:28 PM

I wonder if the truth about Trump Jr’s obsession with the whistleblower is that it wasn’t even his idea to post the name. Government officials can’t post the name. But Trump Jr is not a government official and it’s not illegal for him to do it. My guess is Orangina asked him to do it and he’s doing it because Daddy says so.

Orangina wants the WB’s name posted in the hope he will be assassinated. Trump Jr is so stupid, I don’t think he would even think of it by himself. Everyone just knows he’s an ass-kisser and they just assume it’s his idea. I think he’s conspiring with a government official (Daddy Dearest). He’s too dumb to do it otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 421November 7, 2019 9:58 PM

Why is shithead so mad at the whistleblower? Oh that one's easy. If it wasn't for this shady deal coming to light we'd all be breathlessly discussing Hunter Biden and the Burisma horseshit right now as if it were real. And the press would treat it like it was.

Trumpito is mafia, pure and simple. And the lowest form of life to the mafia is the informant.

by Anonymousreply 422November 7, 2019 11:11 PM

Orange lied to Mueller in his infamous "written test."

Federal crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423November 8, 2019 8:01 AM

Ha ha! Donnie is gonna have an unhinged tweet-storm and probably attack Iran and France for diversion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424November 8, 2019 9:31 AM

What concerns Trump is that there are more Whistleblowers.Yes, in true mafia fashion he wants to "make an example" of this one whistleblower so it discourages and intimidates the others from coming forward.

Right now, I'm reading Ronan Farrow's book, and it was shocking to me the lengths Harvey Weinstein went to, to intimidate and crush reporters and accusers. He hired former Israeli Mossad to not just "investigate" but to stalk.

He knew where people went 24/7, their personal habits the restaurants and other venues where they shopped, lived worked, etc. Harvey's goons applied CIA-like tactics. Now if Harvey would do that because some woman was accusing him of sexual assault, WTF do you think Trump has been doing, not just for his sexualassault accusers, but to anyone who gets in his way?

Trump is a scary guy and he has no problem threatening people. His chief goon, Schiller even came to the White House with him. Some of the Senators and Congressmen who vote in lock step are scared. Not of being blackmailed, but for their personal safety.

We talk about the MAGAs. but they also have the Proud Boys and other violent groups and they have no reservation about making threatening phone calls or showing up and stalking people. These Whistleblowers ad others who oppose Trump are very brave.

by Anonymousreply 425November 8, 2019 11:15 AM

Donnie clearly agreed to a settlement knowing very well he would go straight to Twitter denying and contradicting everything he just agreed on and signed in a legal document. I hope future prosecutors take note and add a paragraph prohibiting him to make false statements or comments on social media or in public. Every day I'm more disgusted at the distraction tactics from these crooks. Millions of people now believe that he did nothing wrong although he just admitted his crimes in a legal document.

by Anonymousreply 426November 8, 2019 12:10 PM

We always expected them to fight back, and to deny, or say "So what." This is very consistent with past behavior by the GOP . They lie and spin reflexively. But this time around, it isn't as effective. We know more about their "fake news" operation and they ways they attempt to manipulate social media. THere's a lot more push back, and the main stream media, while very imperfect, is not letting them get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 427November 8, 2019 2:25 PM

¿Nada mâs?

by Anonymousreply 428November 9, 2019 12:59 PM

I'm almost dreading the Public hearings because I'm afraid they will disrupt and try to shut them down. That's the game plan. And Bolton is ridiculous. He really pisses me off. His lawyer saying he has a lot to say about Trump. But then he decides to let a Judge decide.

by Anonymousreply 429November 9, 2019 12:59 PM

not sure if CBS let it slip this morning or if it was a mistake but they said Bolton wants a judge to just give him immunity first. Bolton is smarter than the rest. He knows when this is finished people heads are going to roll.

by Anonymousreply 430November 9, 2019 1:48 PM

But I don't think a judge can do that. It's up to a prosecutor to do that. Immunity in exchange for testimony. And in this case it's Congress asking him questions. So unless the Department of Justice, William Barr decides to go after Bolton, I don't think a Judge can grant him immunity and t his is before the fact, so it's up to Schiff, not a judge, to make a recommendation.

by Anonymousreply 431November 9, 2019 2:08 PM

R430, I don’t know how a judge could even do that.

by Anonymousreply 432November 9, 2019 2:09 PM

I am assuming there must be a way around this or he wouldn't be making everyone jump thru so many hoops. He is trying to protect himself before he releases his revenge on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 433November 9, 2019 2:13 PM

Trump is trying to grab control of Bolton. Trump has been retweeting all morning nice things Bolton has said in the past to protect him.

by Anonymousreply 434November 9, 2019 2:17 PM

Bolton is playing games!! Fuck him

by Anonymousreply 435November 9, 2019 4:59 PM

Bolton is trying to up the offer for his future book deal.

by Anonymousreply 436November 9, 2019 7:06 PM

I agree with R435 and R436. I think the "he has a lot to say, but wants a judge to tell him to say it" is just trying to stretch out the impeachment inquiry and make himself relevant.

1. Tease that you have a lot of info.

2. ??????

3. Profit!

by Anonymousreply 437November 9, 2019 7:29 PM

Bolton is writing a book about all this. He doesn't want to give away his story. With Bolton, $$$$$$ matters first, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 438November 9, 2019 10:32 PM

Yes. Bolton has a score settling $2,000,000 pre-election tome coming out.

He’s hoping that between slightly delayed judicial sanction to speak, and a bit of luck, his impeachment testimony will become a highly publicized book tour.

by Anonymousreply 439November 10, 2019 8:01 AM

Bolton will try to "thread the needle." He is so convinced of his own diplomatic skills, that he believes he can sell his rationale, by acknowledge the wrong doing of Trump, but also excusing Trump, saying he doesn't deserve impeachment. Instead, he'll use the opportunity to blast Giuliani,Mulvaney, and Sondland. Those are his targets. He's a vindictive bastard too. So, bottom line is : not really blaming Trump who was ill-served by others. Bolton is an arrogant bastard. His whole premise is that "Trump is in trouble because he wouldn't listen to me." He's not going to criticize Trump and anyone who thinks he will is delusional. For Bolton, this is all about him. He is the star of his own movie. With the exception of Trump himself, I doubt there is anyone ore arrogant. He and Trump share so many common personality traits it's a wonder he was ever hired. Bolton will probably also go after Pompeo. Pompeo puts on the front of being an affable fellow, but he has that dagger hidden up his coat sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 440November 10, 2019 12:14 PM

Pompeo has been rabidly anti-gay during his political history. He was also a major 'birther'.

This guy is destroying the State Department with divisiveness, subversion, disloyality to employees, and embracing Trump's anti-democracy policies internationally.

Pompeo is among the top pro-Putin operatives in the Trump syndicate.

by Anonymousreply 441November 10, 2019 1:53 PM

The adoring masses are mesmorized as Lindsey trailblazes across Iowa and Nebraska in unwavering support of "Mr. President".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442November 10, 2019 2:19 PM

^mesmerized

by Anonymousreply 443November 10, 2019 2:22 PM

AP:

Was Trump call with Ukraine 'perfect'? GOP has many answers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444November 10, 2019 2:36 PM

He can try that tact but the reality is the fish rots from the head. And we have evidence...do me a favor though, talk to Rudy and Barr. It's all right there.

by Anonymousreply 445November 10, 2019 3:09 PM

He needs to release the Erdogan phone call that had him magically murder the Kurds.

by Anonymousreply 446November 10, 2019 3:23 PM

The transition is almost complete at R442.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447November 10, 2019 6:22 PM

I can see it.

by Anonymousreply 448November 10, 2019 6:23 PM

Since this thread is pretty close to completely dying, I think it's time to make peace with the treason threads and just join them. There's really no need to have 2 separate threads open at this point and people are actually posting over there regularly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449November 10, 2019 8:11 PM

Yeah it is getting kind of redundant

by Anonymousreply 450November 10, 2019 11:15 PM

Agreed, let this thread die.

by Anonymousreply 451November 10, 2019 11:18 PM

We did not know you for long ‘The Shit Has Hit The Fan’ thread, but you’ll always have a place in our hearts during what were the most trying of times.

Goodbye and THREAD CLOSED. FOREVER. Amen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452November 10, 2019 11:22 PM

But I have the cooler name!!!

by Anonymousreply 453November 10, 2019 11:25 PM

Treason threads are for the Mueller investigation, which is . . . over.

by Anonymousreply 454November 10, 2019 11:30 PM

R454 no, they’ve evolved and are now for the impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 455November 10, 2019 11:32 PM

I don't know WTF ails some people. WTF difference does it make if there's more than one thread about the chaos in D.C.? If you don't want to read or post on this thread, don't. But we needed a miscellaneous thread like this to discuss political stuff not directly related to the Impeachment, or maybe related, but with strands going in other directions. So what? Stop trolling and let it be.

by Anonymousreply 456November 10, 2019 11:51 PM

^Yes Yes. Sometimes people just want to discuss different topics and it's easier to follow/post on different threads. Also some posters on the Treason thread often posts endless links to articles that really annoy me. Often without any context.

by Anonymousreply 457November 11, 2019 12:01 AM

And too much "Miz Lindsey" shit on that other thread. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 458November 11, 2019 12:04 AM

I am content to be here. There is plenty of shit to still hit the fan, splats of it.

by Anonymousreply 459November 11, 2019 12:32 AM

I am content to be here. There is plenty of shit to still hit the fan, splats of it.

by Anonymousreply 460November 11, 2019 12:32 AM

Reports of this thread's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 461November 11, 2019 12:56 AM

Ok Mark Twain

by Anonymousreply 462November 11, 2019 1:06 AM

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 463November 11, 2019 1:25 AM

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 464November 11, 2019 1:25 AM

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 465November 11, 2019 1:25 AM

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 466November 11, 2019 1:25 AM

Darn. I just came up with a theme song for the thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467November 11, 2019 2:03 AM

Open for business

by Anonymousreply 468November 11, 2019 3:10 AM

Open for business

by Anonymousreply 469November 11, 2019 3:11 AM

Open for business

by Anonymousreply 470November 11, 2019 3:12 AM

Open for business

by Anonymousreply 471November 11, 2019 3:13 AM

I’m not dead yet...I feel much better!

by Anonymousreply 472November 11, 2019 3:19 AM

I think I'll go for a walk!

by Anonymousreply 473November 11, 2019 3:23 AM

Bring out your dead......

by Anonymousreply 474November 11, 2019 4:20 AM

Pretty Legs, Great Big Knockers that’s what keeps em coming back for more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475November 11, 2019 4:29 AM

Rudy, on Fox when asked what did he do when Miz Lendz 'presented'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476November 11, 2019 10:55 AM

Long Island's odious Peter King is retiring.

by Anonymousreply 477November 11, 2019 12:47 PM

Wasn’t Peter King rumored to be the source of a story awhile back that said pretty much every Republican in Congress hates Trump?

by Anonymousreply 478November 11, 2019 1:34 PM

His district has been turning more and more blue over the years and he knows that a win next time around isn't a given.

by Anonymousreply 479November 11, 2019 1:55 PM

Ugh, Trump is speaking at the NYC Veteran's Day parade. I thought he was done with NY.

by Anonymousreply 480November 11, 2019 2:39 PM

Was he booed by the crowd, R480?

by Anonymousreply 481November 11, 2019 2:46 PM

[quote]Long Island's odious Peter King is retiring.

Wish we also could get rid of the odious Lee Zeldin, who represents NY-1 in eastern Long Island (Suffolk County). The heavily white working class district went for tRump 56-42 in 2016, so you could say it's MAGAland.

by Anonymousreply 482November 11, 2019 2:59 PM

[quote]I just came up with a theme song for the thread.

This is a better choice.:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483November 11, 2019 3:12 PM

Thread doesn't need a theme song. It needs a eulogy.

by Anonymousreply 484November 11, 2019 3:17 PM

Well, than we can sing it like a dirge, r484!

by Anonymousreply 485November 11, 2019 3:21 PM

Oh Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling....

by Anonymousreply 486November 11, 2019 3:23 PM

Awwwww, the asshole treason posters are back to whining about competing threads. If you guys weren't such asshat, group thinkers then other threads would quickly die.

Every time you post whiny shit like above you reaffirm why Ops are correct to start a new thread every time something big happens rather than post on those craptacular treason threads.

by Anonymousreply 487November 11, 2019 3:33 PM

Donnie Jr.'s book tour is going really well. And look at his girlfriend screaming at the audience and telling people they won't get dates bc they're rude. Haha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488November 11, 2019 4:12 PM

CBS: President Trump Speaks At Opening Ceremony Of 100th Annual Veterans Day Parade In NYC

Each year, the United War Veterans Council invites the commander in chief to the largest commemoration ceremony in the nation.

“As far back as we can remember, no one has ever accepted our invitation. This year, very honored, very pleased, very excited President Trump has accepted, and he’s going to be laying a wreath at the end of our opening ceremonies,” councilmember Nick Angione told CBS2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489November 11, 2019 4:55 PM

They won't get dates because they're MAGATS, r488.

Nobody wants to hang with racist, bigoted, lying kkkristian hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 490November 11, 2019 6:02 PM

R489, if this is true, that NO president in the 100 years of this event has EVER attended it, there has to be a reason why, i find it hard to believe that ANY president in the past 100 years WILLFULLY and INTENTIONALLY ignored this event and didn't attend for no reason other that they didn't care about it!.

by Anonymousreply 491November 11, 2019 6:06 PM

^Well, it's true that he said it and that's good enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 492November 11, 2019 6:32 PM

My President makes me smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493November 11, 2019 7:02 PM

r491 - not even Eisenhower, Reagan or Dubya?

by Anonymousreply 494November 11, 2019 8:05 PM

Most Presidents went to ceremonies at Arlington on Veterans and Memorial days

Parades are all over the country, not just NYC. Presidents always commemorate Veterans Day. Sometimes it has been abroad in Europe.

Veterans Day was previously called Armistice Day.

by Anonymousreply 495November 11, 2019 8:55 PM

Can the Lindsey Graham obsessiveness stay on the Treason threads?

by Anonymousreply 496November 11, 2019 10:00 PM

The Miss Lindsey as Aunt Pittypat memes have gotten awfully tired.

by Anonymousreply 497November 11, 2019 10:07 PM

[quote]The Miss Lindsey as Aunt Pittypat memes have gotten awfully tired.

You poor thang. We don't want you tired.

by Anonymousreply 498November 11, 2019 10:28 PM

NBC:

Pentagon official testifies Trump directed freeze on aid to Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499November 11, 2019 10:32 PM

[quote]The Miss Lindsey as Aunt Pittypat memes have gotten awfully tired.

They started out tired. Now they are about as compelling as L. Graham himself.

by Anonymousreply 500November 11, 2019 10:46 PM

R467/R483, I was thinking of lyrics more along these lines, sung by Nancy to Id-DJT:

The shit has hit the fan

And babe won't it be fine

Shit has hit the fan

Come the day you're mine

Come the day you're mine

I'm gonna teach you to fly

We've only tasted the whine

We're gonna drain the cup dry

Wait til your charms are right for these arms, to surround

You think you've flown before

But baby you ain't left the ground

Wait till you're locked in my embrace

Wait til I draw you near

And wait til you see no sunshine place

Ain't nothing like it here

The shit has hit the fan

And babe won't it be fine

The shit has hit the fan,

On the day you're mine

On the day you're mine

And you're gonna be mine

by Anonymousreply 501November 11, 2019 11:34 PM

Those precious chilliñ!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502November 12, 2019 1:40 AM

Rachel’s opening monologue was everything tonight. She explains everything so carefully but in such a relatable way. The Rick Perry story is insane

by Anonymousreply 503November 12, 2019 1:44 AM

Watching Lawrence O Donnell and Congressman John Sarbanes is on and he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 504November 12, 2019 2:15 AM

More shit hitting fan....

NYT: E.P.A. to Limit Science Used to Write Public Health Rules

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505November 12, 2019 2:25 AM

Science decreases profit.

by Anonymousreply 506November 12, 2019 6:26 AM

[quote]Congressman John Sarbanes is on and he's hot.

He is 57 years old.

by Anonymousreply 507November 12, 2019 9:27 AM

^This is the saddest thing I've ever read on DL. A thread deep inside me just closed forever.

by Anonymousreply 508November 12, 2019 10:01 AM

I don’t mind having both this thread as well as the treason threads. As others have said, the “Shit” threads end up being a good place to post related stories about Trump corruption that fall out of the impeachment-specific lane of the treason threads.

What I DO mind is people posting, word-for-word, the exact same posts in both spaces. I’m assuming that most people are following both threads. Yes, we realize you think you’re brilliant and have come up with some beautiful phrasing that needs to be proliferated. But just, like, don’t.

by Anonymousreply 509November 12, 2019 1:58 PM

r509, because some threads go paywall and new threads pop up to parallel, I will copy and paste from pay walled threads to open threads.

It is not necessarily the original poster.

by Anonymousreply 510November 12, 2019 2:58 PM

Vet speaks out against Trump's PR stunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511November 12, 2019 3:07 PM

AP:

US held record number of migrant children in custody in 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512November 12, 2019 3:16 PM

^which has been ruled illegal . . . I've lost track . . . three times?

by Anonymousreply 513November 12, 2019 6:22 PM

NBC:

Senior Trump official embellished résumé, had face on fake Time cover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514November 12, 2019 6:28 PM

[quote]US held record number of migrant children in custody in 2019

I'm sure they sold a record number into the sex slave business too

by Anonymousreply 515November 12, 2019 6:37 PM

R514 Trump also made a fake TIME cover with himself on the cover... and? Basically he needs to go and the trash will be taken out with him.

by Anonymousreply 516November 12, 2019 7:25 PM

[quote]A senior Trump administration official has embellished her résumé with misleading claims about her professional background — even creating a fake Time magazine cover with her face on it — raising questions about her qualifications to hold a top position at the State Department.

So?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517November 12, 2019 8:28 PM

Imagine r514 being posted on a Mueller Impeachment thread . . .

by Anonymousreply 518November 12, 2019 8:30 PM

The Roger Stone trial is moving fast. Defense called no witnesses -- not even Roger. Closing arguments tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 519November 12, 2019 8:32 PM

Roger thinks Trump is going to pardon him so he's not worried. He's in for a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 520November 12, 2019 11:20 PM

I think Trump will pardon people. Very short ist, If he survives the Impeachment process, no conviction in the Senate, ( and he probably will) then he will pardon a lot of people. He'll likely do it after the 2020 election. The window between election day and January 20th, win or lose, he will pardon all the people who were loyal to him. If anyone was a rat, they can for get it. Manafort and Roger Stone will get pardons. But if either of them are facing State charges they may not want pardons. Because serving time in a federal prison system is a hell of a lot easier than in the state of NY or Virginia, or WTF ever.

by Anonymousreply 521November 13, 2019 2:59 AM

People who have been pardoned:

1] Accept the fact that they are guilty and accept the pardon to remove the criminal consequences of the guilty act(s).

2] Cannot claim the 5th on subsequent subpoenas as they have bee adjudicated as guikty amd MUST comply.

When Trump pardons, it makes the pardoned an agent to tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 522November 13, 2019 3:16 AM

[quote]When Trump pardons, it makes the pardoned an agent to tell the truth.

There's nothing stopping them from just lying or "cannot recall." The more dangerous reaction is the possibility of blackmail. As in - I need $X million, so can your people put that together or I'll just talk about our deals, that I'm pardoned for but you participated in.

by Anonymousreply 523November 13, 2019 5:09 AM

NYT:

Bloomberg’s Team Calls His Crude Remarks on Women ‘Wrong’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524November 14, 2019 5:45 PM

Is there a good (Liberal) site that summarizes the testimony?

All the bullet points?

by Anonymousreply 525November 14, 2019 10:07 PM

Talkingpointsmemo.com does a really good job at summing it up

by Anonymousreply 526November 14, 2019 10:13 PM

r523, they are liable for SUBSEQUENT lies.

by Anonymousreply 527November 14, 2019 10:23 PM

Apparently reports of this thread's demise weren't exaggerated after all.

by Anonymousreply 528November 15, 2019 2:34 PM

There's no need to keep a thread going for the sake of keeping it going or to try to get to high multiple thread numbers by beating a dead horse when there's nothing happening. Most people here have moved to the impeachment hearing threads, which are more topical.

by Anonymousreply 529November 15, 2019 2:58 PM

I am tired of the five martinets there who patrol all the posts and pretend to be the high priestesses of deciding what's treason-related and what's not.

It's hilarious that they go out of their way to come here and spend actual time reminding people how empty their lives are.

by Anonymousreply 530November 16, 2019 2:13 AM

Still with this we're talking? These threads are necessary. If you don't like it don't come here. YOu can't have it both ways. YOu can't say they're "unnecessary" and then insist that you have to come here because of stuff you missed because it wasn't on the other threads. I'm sorry you find it inconvenient. But a lot of us enjoy the tidbits we find here. We enjoy the fact that we can talk about stuff political even if it's not directly related to Impeachment. I hope OP will start another thread. The fact that we're going on Part 9 means some one is enjoying this thread.

by Anonymousreply 531November 16, 2019 2:53 AM

This thread is not closed. And when we get too close....and we're almost there, I hope someone has the courage to stand up and say:

The Shit Has Hit the Fan, Part 9. Yeah. NINE.

That means more than 5,000 posts on a thread some people want closed. For no reason than their own convenience. Well I say, Poop to you!!!

by Anonymousreply 532November 16, 2019 7:41 PM

Maybe we could use this thread again to discuss important stuff. I really don't give a shit about Nikki Haley or Pence as VP or the proceedings to remove him. Also don't care what shit comes out of Barr's mouth and endless discussions about his removal or impeachment when we all know that only Trump can remove him.

What do you guys expect from next week's hearings? Who is scheduled? Will it give our beloved president even more "chest discomfort" next week? What stunts can we expect from that lying cunt Elise Stefanik or Gym Jordan? How will JBE win in Louisiana affect the impeachment inquiry? Will Miss Lindsey finally remove his lips from Trump's ass and read the transcripts and hear witness testimony? What about that second phone summary? No one cared that Trump congratulated a newly elected president that lots of Ukrainian women participated in Miss Universe competitions (or whatever), but the official summary mentioned completely different topics? Most importantly, what is Matt Gaetz up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 533November 17, 2019 11:37 AM

[quote]Most importantly, what is Matt Gaetz up to these days?

Maybe a quart, a quart and a half...

by Anonymousreply 534November 17, 2019 1:02 PM

The Hill:

Conservatives seek to stifle new 'alt-right' movement steeped in anti-Semitism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535November 18, 2019 1:58 PM

Where's Mikey Pompeo?

by Anonymousreply 536November 18, 2019 3:12 PM

More Winning, reported by AP News:

"North Korea on Monday responded to a tweet by U.S. President Donald Trump that hinted at another summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, saying it has no interest in giving Trump further meetings to brag about unless it gets something substantial."

by Anonymousreply 537November 18, 2019 3:32 PM

I'm watching Law & Order. What's Miss Donna Hanover up to these days?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538November 18, 2019 3:58 PM

[quote]Where's Mikey Pompeo?

NBC News:

The impeachment inquiry has created the first rift between President Donald Trump and the Cabinet member who has been his closest ally, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, according to four current and former senior administration officials.

Trump has fumed for weeks that Pompeo is responsible for hiring State Department officials whose congressional testimony threatens to bring down his presidency, the officials said. The president confronted Pompeo about the officials — and what he believed was a lackluster effort by the secretary of state to block their testimony — during lunch at the White House on Oct. 29, those familiar with the matter said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539November 18, 2019 4:21 PM

Why is a person named Fuentes leading an alt-right, white supremacist movement? He's either Latin American, in which case he's straightforwardly not white, or he's of European Spanish descent, which every white nationalist worth their salt knows means a mixture of native Iberian, Germanic, Arabic, and God knows what else from around the Mediterranean, and probably sub-Saharan Africa, too.

Maybe he was adopted?

by Anonymousreply 540November 18, 2019 4:46 PM

r540, they CANNOT be racists when their leader has a foreign sounding name. That's why. They also cannot be racists when they have non-Caucasian wives. They also cannot be racists when some of their friends are non-whites. They cannot be racists when they watch episodes of the Bill Cosby Show. Etc.

by Anonymousreply 541November 18, 2019 4:51 PM

R531 - Truth! Every word!

And to anyone who disagrees, please go fuck yourself deeply with a white hot poker. No one is forcing you antsy, attention-deficit, low information, queens to come on here. Shut your trap, and stay the fuck off this thread.

by Anonymousreply 542November 18, 2019 6:44 PM

In the latest move to change the Conversation, Pompeo has announced at Trump's urging, that the United States will no longer view the Israeli West Bank settlements in the Palestinian territories. This goes against International Law. But it does cater to the Evangelicals and the fundamentalists who believe that before the MEssiah returns to earth the entire of Israel must be united. ( End times.) It plays to Benjamin Netanyahu and the Conservatives in Israel too. And BTW: Putin is very closely aligned with the Chabad,Just so you know. The Chabad is a group of extreme fundamentalist Rabbis in Russia. They have close ties with organized crime, the Russian Mob and the Oligarchs.

by Anonymousreply 543November 18, 2019 8:46 PM

Damn. My computer is eating words. I meant to say the United States will no longer view the West Bank Settlements as illegal.

by Anonymousreply 544November 18, 2019 8:47 PM

Why is the biggest white supremacist in the White House Jewish Stephen Miller? Who had ancestors who died in concentration camps just for being Jews?

Lots of self hating going around these days.

by Anonymousreply 545November 19, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote]Will Miss Lindsey finally remove his lips from Trump's ass and read the transcripts and hear witness testimony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546November 19, 2019 4:23 AM

A CBS News investigation has uncovered a possible pay-for-play scheme involving the Republican National Committee and President Trump's nominee for ambassador to the Bahamas. Emails obtained by CBS News show the nominee, San Diego billionaire Doug Manchester, was asked by the RNC to donate half a million dollars as his confirmation in the Senate hung in the balance, chief investigative correspondent Jim Axelrod reports.

When Hurricane Dorian ravaged the Bahamas in September, Manchester wanted to help. So the San Diego real estate developer, who prefers the nickname "Papa Doug," loaded up his private jet with supplies and headed for the hard-hit Caribbean country where he owned a home — and hoped to soon be serving as U.S. ambassador.

by Anonymousreply 547November 19, 2019 4:39 AM

I wonder how much kickback Trump got on the Perry deals?

The vig on an illegal extortion conspiracy must be astronomical.

by Anonymousreply 548November 19, 2019 6:31 AM

r548. He gets kickbacks on everything. It looks like people to pay in to participate in the game. Trump gets $ coming and going.

by Anonymousreply 549November 19, 2019 6:40 AM

Business Insider:

First Lady Melania Trump was completely caught off-guard by Trump's surprise Saturday visit to Walter Reed Medical Center, Trump claimed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550November 19, 2019 7:38 PM

And yet....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551November 19, 2019 7:40 PM

I don't know if anyone's started a thread so I'm just going to put this here....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552November 19, 2019 9:22 PM

Dahlia Lithwick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553November 19, 2019 9:23 PM

Republicans, who have been doing everything they can to undermine democracy since even before Trump was fake-elected, aren't suddenly going to do the right thing? Gee, thanks for the news flash, Slate.

by Anonymousreply 554November 20, 2019 12:38 AM

I'm amused at some of these pundits who try to peddle the "Well Republicans will come around ocne they hear the evidence..." Then they talk about how theSenate will vote to remove Trump. Which is so much bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 555November 20, 2019 2:12 AM

No posts for the past 19 hours?

I guess nothing much happened today.

by Anonymousreply 556November 20, 2019 8:55 PM

The pay wall was up smart ass. I came her three times to post but I was thwarted.

by Anonymousreply 557November 20, 2019 10:20 PM

I think everyone is posting in the Impeachment Hearings threads now.

by Anonymousreply 558November 20, 2019 10:24 PM

I wonder if Muriel herself is engaging in this coercive behavior,.... or if it is a coincidence that we must use the Treason and Impeachment threads for gossip that would more accurately be at home in a shit storm provoked by a powerful fan....

by Anonymousreply 559November 20, 2019 10:40 PM

Here is some legitimate shit for our fans. How can this despicable piece of shit sit there on Congressional Committee interrogating witnesses with his vile corrupt, despicable, stank ass. Damn, this pisses me off. How dare he sit in judgement, knowing he is corrupt himself. The arrogance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560November 21, 2019 1:55 AM

I read recently that the GOP members are not afraid of Trump, they are afraid of Russia which makes much more sense and explains why they are so adamant about not letting Trump go.

by Anonymousreply 561November 24, 2019 2:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!