Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Shit Has Hit The Fan, Part 7

Carry on dishing the shit...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 29, 2019 6:41 PM

Trump is a cunt.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2019 11:17 PM

Thank You OP! ♥️

The “Hit the Fan” and the “Treason” threads are informative, entertaining, and provide a valuable sanity check while we endure these inordinately troubling political times.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2019 11:27 PM

A poster on the other thread observed that Trump, in this 4:30 am tweet, accepts that "military aid was being withheld." He just thinks there's nothing wrong as long as the Ukrainians didn't take the bait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2019 12:38 PM

I can't find the thread from yesterday about this so I'll just throw this here....

Official's homophobic slur ignites explosive reaction against Tennessee tourism hot spot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2019 1:45 PM

Support for impeachment inquiry reaches new high: poll

Support for the impeachment inquiry into President Trump has reached a new high, a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday found.

Pollsters discovered that 55 percent of respondents approved of the inquiry, while 43 percent opposed it. Last week, 51 percent supported it while 45 percent did not.

Democrats, at 93 percent, overwhelmingly support the inquiry in the new poll, as do a majority of independents — 58 percent. Almost 9 in 10 Republicans — 88 percent — disapproved. Support jumped 8 points among independents, pollsters noted, adding that more Democrats and Republicans also said in the new survey that they back the inquiry.

Almost half of all respondents — 48 percent — backed impeachment and removal of Trump, up 2 percentage points from last week. Forty-six percent said they are now against impeaching and removing him.

Support for removing the president was highest among Democrat respondents at 86 percent, compared to 49 percent of independents. Ninety-one percent of Republicans said they are against removing the president from office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2019 1:54 PM

Biden gains widest lead in 2020 race in months amid Trump's smears--Former vice-president is attracting support of 34% of voters compared to Elizabeth Warren’s 19% and Bernie Sanders’ 16%

A Bloomberg News reporter noted that the newest Democratic primary poll found Joe Biden has a 43-point advantage on foreign policy, despite Trump’s repeated false corruption claims against the former vice president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2019 2:07 PM

House Republicans stormed the hearing room where Pentagon official was testifying As Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Laura Cooper was sitting down to testify, the roughly couple dozen Republicans stormed through the three different doors, a source in the room said.

Rep. Bradley Byrne yelled in committee Chair Adam Schiff's face, but Schiff didn't engage. Other Democrats, including Val Demings, screamed back at both Byrne and Rep. Louie Gohmert, who were yelling about the process.

-----

Bradley Roberts Byrne (born February 16, 1955) is an American business attorney and politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Alabama's 1st congressional district since 2014. A member of the Republican Party, he served in the Alabama Senate from 2003 to 2007, representing the state's 32nd district.

"It was closest thing I've seen around here to mass civil unrest as a member of Congress," according to a source in the room."

Cooper left the room while the Republicans refused to leave.

The source says the Capitol Police and sergeant at arms have been consulted as members refuse to leave the room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2019 4:21 PM

Re: r4's article:

I thought we had "reclaimed" queer? Obviously, we didn't.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2019 4:29 PM

Matt Gaetz is a piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2019 5:03 PM

Yes, thanks OP. Truly.

But would it have killed you to include a link to Part 6?

I find these threads keep getting buried.

Maintaining the links is more than just helpful, it’s imperative.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2019 5:17 PM

I hope Gaetz gets thrown in jail (again). Our national security is being compromised because these dumb asses (who aren't on the committee) are taking cameras into a secured government location. It is also inciting violence if you ask me. Fuck these people. Fuck them in the worst way.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2019 5:23 PM

r10, do not be part of the problem, be part of the solution.

Link to Prior Thread

And be happy it hit 600 without a pay wall.

ht tps:/ /www .datalounge . com /thread/24824461-the-shit-has-hit-the-fan-part-6

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2019 5:25 PM

It was odd that I got rejected when I put the link in the link box.

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2019 5:26 PM

And remove the spaces...

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2019 5:27 PM

Sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2019 5:30 PM

Yaay! Part 7.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2019 5:51 PM

MSNBC's Matthew Miller:

Matt Gaetz storming a SCIF to shut down an investigation, Matt Whitaker stating abuse of power is not a crime, and Trump’s lawyer arguing he can’t even be investigated for shooting someone really is the perfect encapsulation of the GOP’s current attitude towards the rule of law.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2019 5:54 PM

[quote] I thought we had "reclaimed" queer? Obviously, we didn't.

A homophobe using the word as an insult is different from a member of the LGBTQ Community identifying as queer.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2019 6:32 PM

Omg check out Matt Gaetz’s Twitter bio right now. He had a quote from Donald Trump calling him “handsome.” My sides! He looks like a retarded fraternity brother who had attempted to make his hair look like Elvis Presley for a Halloween party tonight where he’ll arrive with roofies.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2019 6:44 PM

R13, you are not ready DataLounge, dear.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2019 6:45 PM

*for Datalounge. Apparently neither am I!

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2019 6:54 PM

I suppose, r18, such a claim would have more impact if the people saying they're "queer" weren't likely to just be str8 people wanting victim status.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2019 6:55 PM

[quote]Oh, dear-ing so you don’t have to

Oh fuck you. I'll Oh, dear you if I want to.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2019 6:59 PM

Analysis: Americans Don’t Just Want Facebook to Ban False Political Ads. They Want Them to Ban ALL Political Ads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2019 7:04 PM

r22, where are all these straight people identifying as queer, I must have missed that.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2019 7:13 PM

I like that idea. Ban all political ads . Period. I wonder how much revenue it would cost poor Marky Mark?

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2019 7:27 PM

Oh look.....she has another cause. I'm sure she cares....deeply.

The first lady made her only solo trip to Capitol Hill so far to thank Congress for passing the bipartisan SUPPORT Act her husband signed into law a year ago. She said that because of the law, "we are able to look at ways to reduce opioid use during pregnancy."

Her event drew a small crowd, including President Donald Trump's senior adviser Kellyanne Conway and Republican members of the House and Senate. Also attending was Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, whose home state of West Virginia has the nation's highest overdose rate.

There was no mention at the event of the Democrats' impeachment drive against the president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2019 8:08 PM

Hooksie Cuntin bad for bebby, hokay?

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2019 8:23 PM

He's jabbering at a conference in Pittsburgh now.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2019 8:29 PM

R29, who? The orange cretin?

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2019 8:32 PM

Yes, the Kremlin Ass Gremlin is speaking at a fracking conference in downtown Pittsburgh. The Trump Chicken balloon has made an appearance around the conference center. Not much coverage of his appearance.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2019 8:36 PM

OH!!!!!!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The Never Trumper Republicans, though on respirators with not many left, are in certain ways worse and more dangerous for our Country than the Do Nothing Democrats. Watch out for them, they are human scum!

Never Trumper Republican John Bellinger, represents Never Trumper Diplomat Bill Taylor (who I don’t know), in testimony before Congress! Do Nothing Democrats allow Republicans Zero Representation, Zero due process, and Zero Transparency....

....Does anybody think this is fair? Even though there was no quid pro quo, I’m sure they would like to try. Worse than the Dems!

It would be really great if the people within the Trump Administration, all well-meaning and good (I hope!), could stop hiring Never Trumpers, who are worse than the Do Nothing Democrats. Nothing good will ever come from them!

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2019 9:05 PM

Get the back-handed compliment from the LAZY and UNORGANIZED HOT MESS at R10. Unappreciative much?

“But would it have killed you....”

Fucking balls on you Mary.

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2019 9:10 PM

[quote]Democrats allow Republicans Zero Representation

Except for the Republican representatives who sit on the relevant committees.

[quote]It would be really great if the people within the Trump Administration ... could stop hiring Never Trumpers

What?

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2019 9:11 PM

Russian mafia tactics hit Capitol Hill.

This must not go unpunished.

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2019 9:14 PM

I don’t like to come in this thread because someone wants us to be forced to read the illegitimate president’s tweets. Every single one. Over and over all day.

I don’t want to read that shit. We already know what he’s going to say. This goes for Kellyanne, Rudy and the lot. We don’t need verbatim recaps. Stop spreading propaganda!!!!

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2019 9:19 PM

Ugh, local Pittsburgh reporter, Jon Delano, did a softball interview with the Kremlin Ass Goblin and let him off the hook on all his lies.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2019 9:20 PM

[quote]I don’t like to come in this thread

There are very few mandatory threads on the DL.

But your absence will leave a gaping hole.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2019 9:24 PM

[quote]I don’t like to come in this thread because someone wants us to be forced to read the illegitimate president’s tweets. Every single one. Over and over all day.

No one forces you to read anything. If you don't like a post then you just skip over it. It's a very easy thing to do. But, how about this take... since you think that it is propaganda being spread; How about you, YOU R36, you are actually a Trump supporter and you just don't like being reminded of what a vile idiot he is?

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2019 9:25 PM

You have to know what they are saying so you can counter it with facts, laws, and logic. In regard to storming the proceedings, WTF? There are Repug Congressmen participating.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2019 9:27 PM

WTF is this Never Trumper shit? Can someone explain? Is he really openly trying to establish his own dictatorship now where only Trump soldiers are allowed to work for the government?

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2019 9:33 PM

[QUOTE] I don’t want to read that shit. We already know what he’s going to say

Go away, you fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote]Is he really openly trying to establish his own dictatorship now where only Trump soldiers are allowed to work for the government?

It sounds like he's talking about people who work for the administration there, but to answer your question, yes.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2019 9:38 PM

He’s flailing nonsensically.

Now he’s congratulating himself for getting an apparent seize fire in an area that had been at peace before he fucked it all up.

Richard Engle just now: “How is this a good outcome?! How is this a good outcome?”

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2019 9:48 PM

Okay, Cheeto gyrl. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2019 9:52 PM

[quote]WTF is this Never Trumper shit?

Any Republican that is against him ie Bill Kristol. What he is doing is just further dividing and trying to keep his own base solid and loyal. It's part strategic and A LOT ego driven! Trump has got to try and justify his very low numbers.

The "Never Trumpers" were Republicans who were against him becoming the Republican nominee and those who also felt that he was not a good representative bearer of Republicans and their values. They pretty much went away, (a lot of them left the Republican Party ie George Will and Joe Scarborough), after Trump's election. But, as Trump continually endangers the party overall, he believes that they are the only Republicans who are against him. He cannot accept that he is doing a lousy job and that very few want to work for his Administration. Therefore, these Republicans must all be a part of this "Never Trumpers" group.

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2019 9:52 PM

He knows his political support is weakening. There are members of Congress ready to jump ship and donors and other prominent Republicans. This was his warning to them. He is putting a target on the backs of guys who might decide to vote against him or testify or publicly criticize him.This is a huge tantrum, yes, but he is also threatening violence. There are MAGAts out here who will take that asa green light.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2019 9:53 PM

That's disgusting r47. If that stands, we are no better than police states that we have criticized over the years.

Somebody stop this Orange Cretin NOW.

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2019 9:55 PM

I hope someone makes it very clear to Trump that if his Deplorables hurt one of his opponents that it will have some serious consequences for him personally.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2019 9:58 PM

r41, YES! Where have you been?

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2019 10:08 PM

[quote]It would be really great if the people within the Trump Administration, all well-meaning and good (I hope!), could stop hiring Never Trumpers

He hires only the BEST people!

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2019 11:30 PM

Josh Jordan @NumbersMuncher

Just how dishonest was Gaetz's stunt?

"Among the Republicans who joined the protest, 12 of them are members of the Oversight or Foreign Affairs committees... *meaning they have been allowed to sit in on all depositions held in the SCIF.*"

Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2019 11:58 PM

r24

You know that makes a lot more sense. The effort to fact check every ad, video, meme or viral comment is too much. WebSleuths - where many opiniated fraus post - has forbidden "anything political."

Much easier to moderate than trying to determine whether an opinion is or is not fact-based.

by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2019 12:00 AM

I never cease too be amazed at the depths to which my fellow humans will stoop for a trivial, petty advantage r52.

by Anonymousreply 54October 24, 2019 12:02 AM

[quote]I wonder how much revenue it would cost poor Marky Mark?

The total amount of political-ad revenue is not enough to bother moderating or fact checking, apparently.

But it is enough to cash the checks.

Whether in dollars or rubles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 24, 2019 12:44 AM

So, knew that the idiots were going to storm the hearing... Will we EVER get through this?

by Anonymousreply 56October 24, 2019 1:07 AM

The Speaker should direct a referral for an ethics inquiry against each of the members who entered the SCIF without proper authorization. That’s a criminal offense. The ones who took pictures should be held to a much higher charge, which is referral to the DOJ for breach of classified information which can be punished by up to ten years in prison.

All of these members should be ejected by Congress, a move rarely used by well merited in this case. Only,y when they have been removed from office can they be criminally prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 57October 24, 2019 1:18 AM

Carl Bernstein: Republicans privately question Trump's sanity--by Daniel Chaitin | October 23, 2019 09:18 PM

Veteran investigative journalist Carl Bernstein said Republicans are privately questioning President Trump's sanity.

During an appearance on CNN, Bernstein said Republicans in the House and Senate who have shown a lack of interest in "confronting the abuse of power" may soon be changing their tune as Trump faces impeachment, exacerbated by controversies involving Ukraine and Syria.

"We have a situation now that there are three things happening at the same time with the president: He has undermined the national security of the United States by engaging a foreign power to subvert our American electoral process, he has gone into Turkey and endangered our national security there, and allowed the Russians once again, almost inexplicably, to be the winners," the Watergate sleuth said on Wednesday.

"He is behaving and conducting himself in a way that Republicans themselves, especially talking with reporters privately, are questioning his sanity and his stability. All this is happening at once. And at some point the Republicans are going to have to confront the fact that he has abused the power of the presidency, that there is a really strong case for high crimes here. And they’re going to have to confront that reality and look down the road about those Republicans who don’t confront it," he added.

Trump's critics have repeatedly questioned his mental stability, including George Conway, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway's husband. Last week, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi questioned Trump’s mental health after claiming he had a "meltdown" with Democratic congressional leaders. Trump responded by saying the California Democrat had an “unhinged meltdown.”

Trump, 73, received good health news after his annual physical in February. “While the reports and recommendations are still being finalized, I am happy to announce the President of the United States is in very good health and I anticipate he will remain so for the duration of his presidency, and beyond,” a statement from White House doctor Sean Conley said.

by Anonymousreply 58October 24, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote]Any Republican that is against him ie Bill Kristol

I think he was railing against the civil servants a la Bill Taylor who work in government as we speak, not about pundits outside GOP like Kasich. He wants a political test of 'Trump allegiance' not only for the 'politicals' (the political appointee positions) but also for the career bureaucracy.

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2019 2:02 AM

This Gaetz, et al, stunt was to make sure that the whistleblower won't get anywhere near testifying and to intimidate anyone else who would want to testify in private. They need to be arrested. Schiff, I believe, has already referred them to the Ethics Committee.

by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2019 3:08 AM

I completely agree, r57.

by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2019 3:11 AM

Ahhh, it’s apparent that R10 blocked me, because she couldn’t handle my calling her out on her prima donna, entitled-neuroses that she directed at OP for NOT linking the previous thread..... (ohhh I’m confused… I’m confused... ohhh... where’s the previous link?... ohhh!)

Well fuck you again deeply Mary, you LAZY, ENTITLED, DIMWITTED-CUNT. You must be a joy to live with, or even know for that matter. Get organized.

by Anonymousreply 62October 24, 2019 3:42 AM

Get ‘em, Rach!

Maddow was ripping these thugs tonight. She made a good point, this hasn’t been a bunch of different scandals, it was one long scandal since he ran for office.

She laid it all out in a way that no other media has even attempted. Because the rest of the media is on private equity’s terms which means lean and light, leaving a whole where robust media once existed.

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2019 4:28 AM

[quotes ]it was one long scandal since he ran for office.

All roads with you lead to Putin

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2019 5:51 AM

No puppet! No puppet! You're the puppet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 24, 2019 5:54 AM

Hero

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2019 6:55 AM

I just got back from my own family nonsense and found out what the little assholes pulled in the chambers. They're in such fucking hot water, and how embarrassing for the good people of their districts who did not vote for such low level chicanery and disrespect.

This whole shitshow needs to go. When The Speaker returns, those little shits will be censured.

by Anonymousreply 67October 24, 2019 9:34 AM

Now, we start pushing each of these districts as Pockets of Treason, Conspiracy cells and Traitors. The entire congressional district.

Paraphrasing Ben Franklin, if they do not hang their member - let them all hang.

by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2019 10:28 AM

R57 members of Congress can be charged with crimes while they are in office.

by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2019 11:26 AM

R62, physician, heal thyself.

by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2019 11:31 AM

Other members of Congress had to know this was getting ready to jump off. I 'm surprised the police had to be called. The police should have been there to stop them.That they were allowed to stay there and actually order pizza act like frat boys is disgusting. I bet Trump used the same language calling people "human scum" and giving them a pep talk Tuesday night.He definitely aided and abetted this. The fact that Scalise participated tells me it had more than Trump's blessing. I'm sure when Gaetz pulled his little stunt on his own the other day,Trump probably asked him, "Where's everybody else? How come you're the only one with balls enough to go in there?" Something like that. Yes, this is definitely witness intimidation,obstruction, and a huge breach of security. That they picked a time to do it when Pelosi was at her brother's funeral tells all you need to know. When Trump said "human scum"He was projecting.

by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2019 11:41 AM

wow.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2019 11:45 AM

Sedition - he needs to be arrested. They still have that act on the books, damn it, but for once I want to see someone calling for this kind of shit put into a jail cell.

by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2019 1:13 PM

Any fat-assed, ugly mountain men daring to come into my neck of the woods better be armed. Democrats own guns, too.

by Anonymousreply 74October 24, 2019 1:15 PM

Poppy Harlow on CNN is having Rep. Jodey Arrington for breakfast. She's fact checking him live and is not having any of his avoidance.

by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2019 1:28 PM

Link, R75?

That clip at R72 is very scary. Who do these “cowboys and mountain men” think they’re going to hunt down exactly? Black people anywhere? Those of us who live in the District (any color)? I would just like to know how they are proposing to choose their victims.

Isn’t that clip somehow against the law?

by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2019 2:23 PM

Youtube (and Live Leak?) will have to create a whole new category for Deplorable Militia Fails.

by Anonymousreply 77October 24, 2019 2:26 PM

Hallie Jackson on MSNBC has said she will be talking to Representative Matt Gaetz sometime in the next half hour.

I can't wait to see him, can you?

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2019 2:30 PM

I was watching it live r76. And it was something. We need more people like her. She really held his feet to the fire.

by Anonymousreply 79October 24, 2019 2:40 PM

Just kidding!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 24, 2019 2:48 PM

Kidding my ass. The man is losing his shit. Everyone knows it. Part of me wants to laugh and enjoy his unraveling, part of me wants to go get in a bunker.

by Anonymousreply 81October 24, 2019 2:53 PM

The Poppy Harlow interview of Jodey Arringtom made it to Raw Story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 24, 2019 3:02 PM

How many times will his minions use that "kidding" excuse for him? His only sense of humor is making fun of people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 24, 2019 3:15 PM

Washington Post: Betsy DeVos blasts 'Tinseltown’ for ignoring a movie she likes and calls her critics ‘bullies’

The film was produced not by a well-known Hollywood moviemaker but by Moving Picture Institute, which is financially backed by the Mercer Family Foundation, a major donor to Republicans, according to foundation tax filings. It was released this month and shown in about a dozen theaters across the country, Stein reported, and is available on iTunes and video on demand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 24, 2019 3:33 PM

^^^ CUNT

by Anonymousreply 85October 24, 2019 3:58 PM

See, R76 is asking the key question.

by Anonymousreply 86October 24, 2019 4:13 PM

Mountain men? So if Trump is impeached, the Dems will hunted from hillbilly extras from Deliverance?

by Anonymousreply 87October 24, 2019 4:32 PM

This tweet made me laugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 24, 2019 4:37 PM

I think what Matt Gaetz was doing, along with Scalise was shitting into the fan. And then all that shit that hit the fan, was flung back at them. Now they're covered in their own shit. Yeee-haw!

by Anonymousreply 89October 24, 2019 4:48 PM

From R88:

"Tommy Wiseau has laundered slightly less eastern european money"

by Anonymousreply 90October 24, 2019 5:10 PM

He MUST be fired immediately! Fire him now and investigate later

An MLB umpire tweeted about buying an assault rifle over the impeachment inquiry

(CNN)Major League Baseball is dodging another curveball this week after an umpire tweeted about buying an assault rifle over the impeachment inquiry.

Umpire Rob Drake tweeted late Tuesday that he planned to buy an AR-15 rifle "because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! #MAGA2020," according to a copy of the tweet obtained by ESPN.

Drake has since deactivated his Twitter account.

Major League Baseball officials learned about Drake's comments on Wednesday, according to a statement. The league said it contacted the Major League Baseball Umpires Association (MLBUA) and had "begun to look into it."

The MLBUA said Drake's views did not represent those of other major league umpires. "Rob is a passionate individual and an outstanding umpire. He chose the wrong way to convey his opinion about our great country," the association's statement read.

"We are a group of individuals with diverse opinions and beliefs, united in our desire to continue our excellence officiating MLB games."

Drake joined Major League Baseball staff in 2010 and worked notable postseason games from 2012 to 2015, according to the MLBUA. He is not working the 2019 World Series.

CNN has attempted to reach Drake for comment but has not heard back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 24, 2019 5:12 PM

Threatening mass murder counts as an "opinion" or a "belief"?

by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2019 5:16 PM

"Rob is a passionate individual and an outstanding umpire. He chose the wrong way to convey his opinion about our great country,"

Passionate individual = sociopath

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2019 5:17 PM

Ever since someone on here said trump had eyes that look like buttholes I can get it out of my head every time I see him

by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2019 5:20 PM

Didn’t the Deplorable MAGA army all say they were going to have this huge march in D.C. and then when tThe day arrived, like less than a hundred people showed up? Yeah, I’m sure they’ll be organized enough to create a civil war.

by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2019 5:22 PM

If these so-called mountain men and cowboys come and hunt the "libtards", they should know that the majority of Americans will fight back and there are more of us than them. This reminds me of those Right-Wing militia men who bullied some government officials in Nevada and got their way. After that, they got cocky and invaded some ranch which was government-owned in Oregon. They started crying like babies when the FBI got involved and the government fought back. I'm just repeating this out of memory so some of the facts may be wrong. This is just an example that these MAGA hats think they're the only one with guns and balls.

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2019 5:52 PM

Can he look more Oompa Loompa than in that R5 photo?!

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2019 5:55 PM

WSJ: Trump tells all federal agencies to cancel their New York Times and Washington Post subscriptions.

Such a sensitive snowflake!

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2019 6:01 PM

R98, because running away from reality is always a good idea . . .

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2019 6:08 PM

Ohhhhh... and Trump, (and the Republicans) are going to be PISSED to PISSTIVITY come Friday or Saturday when Elijah Cummings has his Home Goin' service. President Obama is speaking. SO! You know that every television, streaming service, and whatever else will be connected and watching. And, if Obama shows out ,(because he will be in a room full of Black preachers and he knows that he has to come with it), it's all over. Some of the sisters might even fall out. OH! The headlines that it's going to generate...

Here's a taste of where I can see Obama heading already; "Obama says 'Cummings stood tallest and most resolute when our country needed him the most'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2019 6:21 PM

I don't worry about mountain men and cowboys.I do worry about those groups like Proud Boys. I worry about the cops and the veterans and active military who are avid Trumpists. The MAGAts who support Trump are bullies and love to get in your face. As long as they aren't alone. Then, if they're alone, they're cowards. But in groups they can be a problem. I'm not scared.But I am concerned that there will be sporadic outbursts of violence. So just be aware of your surroundings, and don't wear your politics out in public. I know. Free Speech and all that. But right now the atmosphere is tense and almost anything can be provocative. He'd love to see a fight break out.

by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2019 6:25 PM

R100, President Obama and President Clinton will both speak. I had the service in The Capitol on and saw McConnell, Schumer and Pelosi speak. I also saw that imbecile Meadows speak.But Kevin McCarthy did not speak.Unless I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2019 6:28 PM

Harpo, who this airplane?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2019 6:42 PM

r101, as soon as these Trump loyalists (beyond mouth breathing Deplorables) attack civilians or known opponents of Trump they have lost the war, because it will get ugly for them. Yes, this is a powder keg situation, but when push comes to shove I do believe most Americans know how much is at stake right now, and they won't be cowards and let the US be Nazi Germany of the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2019 6:43 PM

Bubba gonna come on down dat mount-tang and start blowin' away duh gentry.

by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2019 6:47 PM

Miss Summer Zervos says she has receipts for an alleged sexual attack by a certain anus-lipped, speed-addicted world leader.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2019 8:36 PM

[quote]Ever since someone on here said trump had eyes that look like buttholes I can get it out of my head every time I see him

Coin-slot or rosebud?

by Anonymousreply 107October 24, 2019 9:39 PM

R69 They can be charged, but they can’t be arrested so long as Congress is in session nor so long as they are sitting members.

by Anonymousreply 108October 24, 2019 9:41 PM

In his case, probably coin slot.

by Anonymousreply 109October 24, 2019 9:42 PM

R108 wtf Government and Politics is the new Alaska or Ecuador for criminals to escape to.

by Anonymousreply 110October 24, 2019 10:29 PM

I love this thread.

by Anonymousreply 111October 24, 2019 10:58 PM

Me too..R106 made me LOL!

by Anonymousreply 112October 24, 2019 11:10 PM

Democrats have begun discussing the scope and scale of potential articles of impeachment

(CNN)Democrats are discussing the scope and scale of potential articles of impeachment into President Donald Trump, lawmakers and aides tell CNN.

The explosive testimony House lawmakers have obtained in their month-old impeachment inquiry is only one aspect of the impeachment work taking place, they say. The discussion about the parameters of the articles of impeachment -- the crux of any vote to indict Trump -- has also begun among members.

YAY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 24, 2019 11:22 PM

JFC. Didn't we kick their stupid asses in TWO civil wars already?

They dumb enough to come back for another ass kicking after the most recent one in July of 2018?

Just goes to show you can't fix stupid OR crazy.

by Anonymousreply 114October 24, 2019 11:33 PM

AP: Pressure on Zelenskiy started before he was even inaugurated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 24, 2019 11:41 PM

Wasn't Zelensky an actor? It looks like he's auditioning to play Richard Nixon in the photo at R115.

by Anonymousreply 116October 24, 2019 11:59 PM

Yes. He literally played the president of Ukraine on TV before he was elected to be president of Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 117October 25, 2019 12:58 AM

and here we go...

Barr officially waging war on our own Intelligence agencies

DOJ launching a criminal inquiry of the 2016 Russia probe

they want this to battle for airtime with the Impeachment stuff

by Anonymousreply 118October 25, 2019 1:11 AM

R118, 1000 percent correct.

by Anonymousreply 119October 25, 2019 1:13 AM

I hope someday Barr goes to jail. He has CLEARLY abused his power.

Gallivanting around the world chasing conspiracy theories in Italy and Australia what a waste of time and taxpayer money.

by Anonymousreply 120October 25, 2019 1:16 AM

Just an observation - only 41 Repugs participating in the photo op "rebellion" that leaves quite a few who don't want to be associated with Gaetz and Trump...

by Anonymousreply 121October 25, 2019 1:19 AM

The last President who took on the intel agencies was JFK. How'd that turn out?

by Anonymousreply 122October 25, 2019 1:20 AM

President Obama will be accused of a crime.

You watch these motherfuckers Barr and Durham will do just that.

Evil, evil bastards.

by Anonymousreply 123October 25, 2019 1:20 AM

They're going to go after Comey and Lynch

by Anonymousreply 124October 25, 2019 1:22 AM

Just think about it. A bipartisan Senate report concurred that Russia did indeed interfere in our election. So that validates the investigation of Russian interference. The DOJ is now fucking investigating itself.

Barr is the MOST despicable piece of shit to ever hold the AG office. I hope the House Democrats do something but they're so busy with Impeachment who knows if there's time for that. Barr needs to eventually go to jail. He is a fucking disgrace partisan hack pig

by Anonymousreply 125October 25, 2019 1:26 AM

Chuck Rosenberg and Katie Benner (NYT reporter who broke this shitshow of a story) both say Durham is an honorable man. We'll see, I guess ...

by Anonymousreply 126October 25, 2019 1:27 AM

Fuck that honarable bullshit. If he's doing Barr's dirty work he's vermin

by Anonymousreply 127October 25, 2019 1:30 AM

Winning!

by Anonymousreply 128October 25, 2019 1:31 AM

Fucking Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 129October 25, 2019 1:34 AM

What r127 said.

So sick of the professional. mutual, ass-kissing among these legal SOBs who all know each other. Then it turns out the "honorable" guy they all "know" turns out to be what they were all along- an ideologue hyper-partisan right-winger who'll do Trump's bidding.

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2019 1:36 AM

[quote]WSJ: Trump tells all federal agencies to cancel their New York Times and Washington Post subscriptions.

HA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 25, 2019 2:01 AM

Breaking news on CNN:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 25, 2019 2:02 AM

Does anyone really think Rudy's buddies in the New York FBI Field Office won't be happy to manufacture any evidence Barr wants them to? Or Trump's hand-picked FBI leader Wray, the only person besides Putin Trump has never really bitched about? Why the hell should we trust that guy? The FBI leaders who stood up to Trump and Barr are gone. If there are any good ones left it's time for you to fucking step up and end this shitshow before Barr arrests Biden and Hillary and they start their fascist show-trials.

And while I'm ranting, I'm not impressed with any other intelligence agencies, either. You know damn good and well they have evidence that is so awful if it leaked even Lindsey Graham would vote to convict Trump and remove him. Isn't anyone but the whistleblower going to help out here? All we get told constantly is these intelligence agency people are keeping us safe. Really? The President of the United States and his AG are literal traitors and are working to harm American citizens and I don't see any intelligence agency doing a thing to stop it. I don't feel safe.

by Anonymousreply 133October 25, 2019 2:42 AM

I think people will have to take it to the streets. A mass demonstration of outraged citizens calling for the impeachment and removal of Trump and his cronies. The polls are not enough. But it has to be peaceful and organized or else Trump will call for Martial Law.

by Anonymousreply 134October 25, 2019 2:48 AM

The House Dems should literally lock arms to block entry to the depositions. They can't let them do this again.

by Anonymousreply 135October 25, 2019 2:56 AM

Barr is walking along the exact same path as John Mitchell. I hope he ends the way Mitchell did.In prison. And he's crazy if he thinks the federal employees will allow this. Not happening. Just remember. All the people who testified in the Intelligence COmmittee hearings were told not to by the White House and by Pompeo. Yet Taylor flew home specifically to testify. Barr is a fucking fool if he thinks that career agents in both the FBI Counter Intel, and the CIA are going to let him get away with it. They will have their revenge. So will foreignIntel people. BTW. Rosenberg is the same guy who kept telling us the Barr was basically a decent guy. He has very poor judgment.

by Anonymousreply 136October 25, 2019 3:08 AM

I dearly, dearly hope the intel people will have their revenge, and soon.

Rosenberg and all the others who said Barr would be fine amaze me. Were they asleep for his fuckery during the Reagan years? Did they look up any of the speeches he's given in recent years in which he basically calls for a holy war? I don't understand what is wrong these commentators and reporters. Are they just too close to all of it in DC? It doesn't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 137October 25, 2019 3:20 AM

Tulski Gabbard goes on Hannity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 25, 2019 3:57 AM

Tulsi is a Republican in sheep's clothing

by Anonymousreply 139October 25, 2019 4:54 AM

I think the Rethugs will convince her to go third party. I've never trusted her, there is something creepy about her but Hilary should have kept her mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 140October 25, 2019 6:07 AM

[quote]Tulsi is a Republican in sheep's clothing

Tulsi is a Russian in sheep's clothing

by Anonymousreply 141October 25, 2019 6:16 AM

Hillary called her out. Tulsi is even more tainted than before, because Hillary was 100% right about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 142October 25, 2019 6:30 AM

At one time I would have simply dismissed such a notion and laugh about how ridiculous it is. But now?

KANYE WEST SAYS HE WILL BE PRESIDENT, WEARING RED MAGA HAT WAS 'GOD'S PRACTICAL JOKE ON LIBERALS'

For Kanye West, becoming president of the United States isn't a matter of if, but when. The eccentric rapper made the bold prediction in an interview with Apple Music's Zane Lowe on Beats 1, saying: "We're working on some things right now."

"There will be a time when I will be the president of the U.S. and I will remember… any founder that didn't have the capacity to understand culturally what we were doing," added West, though he didn't elaborate who he is referring to.

In the wide-ranging interview in support of West's new album Jesus is King, West also spoke about wearing President Donald Trump's infamous—and controversial—red "Make America Great Again" hat in public on numerous occasions.

West, who said he now lives in service to Jesus Christ, explained that wearing the "MAGA" hat is "God's practical joke on all liberals."

"Now that I'm in service to Christ my job is to spread the gospel," said West. "I'm no longer a slave ... I'm a son now, a son of God and I'm free, but this shows you that God is hilarious. Liberals love art and now, I am unquestionably, undoubtedly the greatest human artist of all time. It's just a fact, right?

"So, to put a red hat on was God's practical joke on all liberals like, 'Nooooo not Kanye!'" West continued. "But those liberals never, we are the same human beings, it's not man versus machine—man is the machine. We are God's imperfect creation because we perish."

(more)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 25, 2019 8:27 AM

Someone is sniffing far too many meds, another is a drunken demogogue who ordered the murder of a pedophile who had all the receipts, another is a syncophant to the Saudis and likely ordered the murder of a political opponent, another is self-proclaimed hero turned common thug to replace another, jailed thug....and that's not including the resurgance of the crazed mastermind mindfucker pulling this shit all over the world.

Kanye declaring himself the second coming and off the meds again is the least of it....

by Anonymousreply 144October 25, 2019 8:35 AM

I'm wholly disgusted that what I served, took an oath to serve, has been turned into a freaking clown show. I'm particularly angry at the contingent of fools who made it into a shitty reality show by 'storming' the chamber and holding some stupid press conference that means nothing.

How the media adores it all! How they eat it up and replay it over and over! "Unfair, horrible, secretive, traitorous!" Are you ready for your closeup Senator? It's all of them, clicking away for click-bait ratings and onto the next thing.

They've lost their damn minds along with any sense of decorum. Reverends threatening civil unrest and crying out for the blood of other human beings while the media blasts it across screens for everyone to take in.

Welcome to hell.

by Anonymousreply 145October 25, 2019 8:43 AM

Forgive me. I forgot myself. Hell is where the Kurds are.

by Anonymousreply 146October 25, 2019 8:44 AM

Had a guy on Facebook respond to me tonight with:

"Phuck the Kurds! What have they ever done for us? Better they die than Americans. Phuck them!"

by Anonymousreply 147October 25, 2019 8:47 AM

The media sells a narrative that suits the 1% and not the rest of the population. Where is the "bring it on, militant Deplorables" Liberals not afraid of a fight? All we get is the "oh, don't make the Deplorables mad, bad things happen when you make the Deplorables mad!" fear mongering. The media deliberately tells us to not put up a fight in this right wing hostage situation.

And just to be clear, I am not promoting actual violence, but want to point out that the media's reporting is very, very one-sided and that it's very intentional.

by Anonymousreply 148October 25, 2019 9:17 AM

Good point, R148. I think that you're on to something. The media and/or whoever else is pushing the "Be afraid. Be very afraid" scenario. For example;

[quote]Geraldo Rivera @GeraldoRivera

[quote]To those who misused the awesome power of the federal government to pursue @realDonaldTrump with reckless impunity, beware. What goes around is coming around.

I find it interesting that very little is being pushed about patriotism and doing the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 149October 25, 2019 9:51 AM

yeah something's up with Tulsi Gabbard. Appearing on Tucker Carlson earlier this week and now Hannity?

No viewers of those shows are going to vote for her. She is delusional if she thinks that appearing on those shows will convert deplorables to her dumbass candidacy.

by Anonymousreply 150October 25, 2019 9:52 AM

The right winger politicians and talking heads/hosts are truly a despicable bunch.

They know full well they are lying and misleading people when they say it's the Democrats and mainstream media who are lying and unfairly going after Trump and that Barr is a patriot who is doing the right thing by investigating the investigator. Just horrific.

There's really no way to reason with the typical Fox viewer. They are convinced they are getting amazing truthful insight that "the Democrats and mainstream media don't want you to know". It's sick.

The responsibility does fall on both sides. The viewers are idiots for believing the bullshit and thinking everyone else is lying. The right wing politicians and tv hosts are evil for knowingly lying and pushing propaganda and disinformation. I don't get how they can sleep at night, look themselves in the mirror or hold their heads high in public.

Imagine someday being the descendant of such people. To know 1 of your ancestors was actively going against morality and the rule of law while telling all who would listen the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 151October 25, 2019 9:57 AM

Tulsi says she's no longer seeking reelection to Congress—looks like she's all in on being a spoiler candidate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 25, 2019 9:59 AM

The only people I see voting for her will be the Bernie bros pissed off that he lost the nomination once again.

by Anonymousreply 153October 25, 2019 11:49 AM

The Daily Beast's Michael Tomasky writes that Trump and co. are "no longer merely lying."

"Lying is covering up the truth. What these people are doing goes way beyond that. It's a direct nuclear assault on the truth. It's not: I didn’t break the figurine. Instead, it's "Mom, not only did I not break it, but Susie broke it, and I painstakingly glued it back together after she did so, and the facts that a) Susie has been away at camp all this time and b) you're looking at it there on the dining room table in 37 pieces are tricks, delusions -- manifestations of a vast, fake-news conspiracy against me orchestrated by Susie and Aunt Donna. They've met together recently on more than one occasion, after all, and people are saying that Aunt Donna bought two boxes of Samoas and one box of Tagalongs from Susie; and that, dear mother, is proof of the cabal!'"

"For this," Tomasky says, "we do not have a word. In the entire English language. Chew on that for a minute."

by Anonymousreply 154October 25, 2019 11:58 AM

R154, we do have a name for that. It’s called ‘a shit sandwich with a side of oh fucking Christ already.’

by Anonymousreply 155October 25, 2019 12:10 PM

My friend: let’s watch something scary on tv tonight

Me: No thanks, I’ve already caught up on the news

by Anonymousreply 156October 25, 2019 12:13 PM

OK, I'll get dragged for this. I humbly submit even as I don my flame retardant suit.

There have been two actual Trump worshipper deadly serious events- the Walmart shooter and the guy who mailed the poisonous stuff to Obama, Clinton, Pelosi and is now in prison.

The country is crawling with Trump vermin, but yet, why do I have this, perhaps misguided, feeling that if Trump is removed or resigns and blames Democrats, that the whole "armed insurrection/ civil war" some of his supporters claim will fizzle out like a wet sparkler?

Trump Rabidians can barely rouse themselves to get to a Trump rally now, they have to be paid to be bussed in. They're lazy. They're armchair, Fox watching fatsos whose idea of real insurrection is firing from their keyboards to Facebook some "own the Libtards" nonsense.

I think it's likely, that after Trump is out, they'll be content with, "Well, we pulled a good one on you Libtards over the past three years, didn't we?" and move on.

by Anonymousreply 157October 25, 2019 12:19 PM

+ the synagogue massacre guy

by Anonymousreply 158October 25, 2019 12:20 PM

The media needs to sell the narrative that Trump has fans and supporters, who would not only die for him but also vote for him, to make Putin giving Trump the win at the election look somehow legit.

I mean, no matter what anyone says or reports, no way am I going to accept the result of Trump getting re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 159October 25, 2019 12:23 PM

I was remiss not to include that event, r158. Thank You for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 160October 25, 2019 12:24 PM

Actually, Della, cops have stopped many more Trump-inspired killings. Here's one example from just a few weeks in the summer. So Trumpheads are more violent than you think, but fortunately get caught more often than not, so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 25, 2019 12:30 PM

There will be a spate of violence if and when Trump leaves office regardless of how he leaves, including finishing a second term. However, the idea that there is going to be Civil War is nonsense. The average hardcore Trump supporter is stupid, cowardly, lazy and - most importantly, actually apolitical. They don't believe in or understand politics - it bores them. They believe in bullies. Once Hamberder Helper finishes disappearing up his own asshole and an end comes to the Monster Truck President Rallies, they will lose interest in the whole kurfluffle and go back to their simple, well-ordered lives of burning to death in meth lab explosions and fucking their female relatives' disease-drenched holes.

by Anonymousreply 162October 25, 2019 12:37 PM

The thing is that Trump and his goons have hate mongered themselves in a corner. Take Steven Bannon. Sure, he can rile up the angry, amateur masses but when he points to a target that mob becomes an uncoordinated mess, because they are driven by blind hate and won't listen to reason and get in each others' way and hurt each other more before they even come close enough to hit the target. Then you get those teams who are supposed to work as a team, but looking at their role models, will sabotage each other to rise in the ranks and join Trump's inner circle one day. These groups. will not accomplish much either.

The only thing Bannon and Trump and Putin, of course, really can hope for is uncoordinated chaos where everybody is too busy to fight each other while the others (including the 1%) enjoy the show and do their own thing undisturbed.

by Anonymousreply 163October 25, 2019 12:39 PM

[quote]Hamberder Helper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 25, 2019 12:41 PM

I’m not worried about the deplorable mob. They tried that in 2013 at the Cruz shutdown and there was like 10 ppl showed up. And that’s when media was more centralized. Still nothing happens.

But a Frankenstein DOJ could be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 165October 25, 2019 12:45 PM

[quote] I’m not worried about the deplorable mob.

You shouldn't, but you also should see right through Trump and the likes who insist that that deplorable mob gives them the power to do whatever they want.

by Anonymousreply 166October 25, 2019 12:49 PM

GOP worries it's losing impeachment fight

Republican senators fear President Trump and their party are losing the public opinion fight over impeachment.

Many in the GOP think House Democrats are playing politics with impeachment and that Trump’s actions don’t merit impeachment. They also think the media is biased against the White House and the president.

All the same, they think they’re losing the public battle, and that Trump’s lack of discipline is hurting them.

“Does he need to be so unhinged? He says the dumbest things,” said one Republican senator who vented frustration with the president’s outbursts on Twitter and in front of the White House press corps.

“Yeah, there needs to be a coordinated response to everything. There needs to be a coordinated effort to just shut up,” the senator said.

GOP lawmakers say that President Trump and his political team need to overhaul their strategy to regain momentum and prevent their party from losing the White House and a number of congressional seats next fall.

They say the White House’s efforts so far no only could limit Trump to one term, but could spell doom for vulnerable Senate GOP incumbents such as Sens. Susan Collins (Maine), Martha McSally (Ariz.), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Joni Ernst (Iowa) and Thom Tillis (N.C.).

A veteran Republican strategist who advises on third-party independent TV expenditures told The Hill Wednesday that he thinks Trump’s re-election chances are well below 50 percent because his “negatives are so high.”

The strategist acknowledged, however, that many of his peers argue the 2020 battle for the White House is still a 50-50 proposition.

by Anonymousreply 167October 25, 2019 12:54 PM

People today are way too lazy to start a civil war over this orange turd.

by Anonymousreply 168October 25, 2019 1:08 PM

[quote]“Does he need to be so unhinged? He says the dumbest things,” said one Republican senator who vented frustration with the president’s outbursts

These cowards who pretend to see no merit in the impeachment inquiry should come forward and speak on the record if they're so worried. They knew what they were getting in 2016, and they know what they've got now. Stop with the fake concern already.

by Anonymousreply 169October 25, 2019 1:08 PM

[quote] But a Frankenstein DOJ could be a problem.

Yes, r165. That's truly disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 170October 25, 2019 1:20 PM

I never thought I'd see Sessions as a true patriot. This is what they wanted, though, and now we have to deal with the consequences. Barr knows he's violating his oath. The blackmail and/or payoff must be incredible.

Della, I'm not afraid of the deplorables, but I do fear for the innocents they seem so willing to target and abandon.

Hillary is amazing, by the way. She has Tulsi's number and wasn't afraid to speak out. The woman rarely does this unless she's personally attacked, so I'm paying very close attention to what appears to be yet another malignant narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 171October 25, 2019 1:48 PM

Beggars belief they can criticize a sitting president with adjectives like "unhinged" and "dumbest" but then complain about an impeachment bias!

Wake up, please.

Some GOP-ers are lost causes, but I think there is a % who are struggling with their shame, and and even greater % who are just fucking exhausted with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 172October 25, 2019 1:51 PM

[bold]CNN: John Bolton's lawyers are talking to impeachment inquiry committees

Lawyers for former national security adviser John Bolton have had talks with the impeachment inquiry committees about a possible deposition, according to a source familiar.

Former NSC official Fiona Hill testified before the committee last week that she saw "wrongdoing" in the American foreign policy and tried to report it to officials including the National Security Council's attorney, according to multiple sources.

"She saw wrongdoing related to the Ukraine policy and reported it," one source said. The same source told CNN that Hill testified that Bolton referred to Giuliani -- Trump's personal attorney -- as a "hand grenade" who was "going to blow everybody up.”

Hill additionally told lawmakers about what she described as a rogue operation carried out by US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland and White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, which Bolton characterized as being like a "drug deal," that source said.

Another source familiar said Hill testified about a July 10 meeting on Ukraine where Sondland discussed investigations, something that was interpreted as a reference to the President's call for investigations into the Bidens.

Bolton and Hill both were concerned about the comments, and Bolton urged Hill to report the incident to National Security Council lawyer John Eisenberg, according to the source familiar with her testimony.

Top US diplomat to Ukraine Bill Taylor told Congress that Bolton had expressed concerns about a call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, according to Taylor's opening statement. “Ambassador Bolton opposed a call between President Zelensky and President Trump out of concern that it would ‘be a disaster,'" Taylor wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 25, 2019 1:51 PM

.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 174October 25, 2019 1:51 PM

I don't see a Trump militia... they are all talk. But I fear two things: the half dozen hard core freaks plotting and acting alone and whatever Trump says on his way out the door and Twitter thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 175October 25, 2019 1:53 PM

Oh... shit, R173! Vengeance is mine saith John Bolton!

by Anonymousreply 176October 25, 2019 1:54 PM

I just wish that Trump, Pence, Barr and Pompeo were in prison and this long nightmare would be over. I don't want to see my country turn into a fascist state, just before I die.

by Anonymousreply 177October 25, 2019 1:54 PM

Deplorables can’t even spell civil, let alone put down the pills and meth long enough to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 178October 25, 2019 1:56 PM

Tulsie will do anything Putin ask her, she has no morals and I feel sure that she actually hates her own country.

by Anonymousreply 179October 25, 2019 2:05 PM

Poppy Harlow, on CNN is on fire again today. Now she's giving Rep. Lance Gooden shit.

by Anonymousreply 180October 25, 2019 2:08 PM

I thought America had hit a low point when we elected Bush and Cheney...or Reagan! I had no idea it could get worse than that. Republicans are pure evil, I think we can all see that.

by Anonymousreply 181October 25, 2019 2:11 PM

Poppy and Gooden now fighting over a tweet and Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 182October 25, 2019 2:12 PM

Jeez. That article at R143 is a great example of how far Russian money goes.

How much is Kanye being paid to spew this crap? I’m saddened by this whole thing. He’s a brilliant artist, and he’s definitely not stupid, and if you say he is, you probably haven’t listened to his music, or followed his career. Mental illness doesn’t make a person dumb.

Kanye is definitely odd enough to come up with this shit on his own, but I hear he’s been broke for a while now, so I’m wondering if he’s getting paid.

by Anonymousreply 183October 25, 2019 2:14 PM

I get a whiff of real evil from Tulsi. I can barely stand to look at her. I think she's a craven hellbeast motivated by some dank sickness.

by Anonymousreply 184October 25, 2019 2:15 PM

[quote]They're going to go after Comey and Lynch

Well, they're going to go after them and James Clapper and John Brennan and Andrew McCable in the press ... but the investigation is going to focus (at least at first) on lower level functionaries who can be intimidated and bankrupted by legal fees.

by Anonymousreply 185October 25, 2019 2:16 PM

[quote]There have been two actual Trump worshipper deadly serious events- the Walmart shooter and the guy who mailed the poisonous stuff to Obama, Clinton, Pelosi and is now in prison.

And the Florida asshole who mailed bombs.

by Anonymousreply 186October 25, 2019 2:16 PM

And are we counting the guy in New Zealand?

by Anonymousreply 187October 25, 2019 2:24 PM

I have the same vibe about Tulsi, R184. Pure evil, still very homophobic (I imagine the word “faggot” being very casually dropped in conversation), and a real “Let’s burn it down” candidate. She doesn’t give a shit about our country and she is actively trying to mess with a democratic election.

That said, a third-party run from her will only help the Democrats. No Democrats are falling for this act and Hillary already gave up her entire game.

by Anonymousreply 188October 25, 2019 2:45 PM

Barr is going after Peter and LIsa, the FBI Lovers, first!

Then McCabe.

by Anonymousreply 189October 25, 2019 2:49 PM

[quote]yeah something's up with Tulsi Gabbard. Appearing on Tucker Carlson earlier this week and now Hannity?

Since she's not seeking reelection to Congress, she's probably angling for a job as a commentator for Fox News, as a "Democrat" spouting nothing but Republican talking points. Talking to Hannity last night, she said the country "has had enough of Hillary Clinton." Right, Tulsi. Ignore Trump's crimes, come out against the impeachment inquiry, and drag Hillary Clinton. She's already the perfect Fox talking head.

by Anonymousreply 190October 25, 2019 2:57 PM

Tulsi is obviously mad at Hillary because Hillary has exposed her whole scheme. Sorry, CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 191October 25, 2019 3:05 PM

She's truly vile. As I said, I just get this sense of seething evil from her - like she's permanently enraged. I could see her physically attacking someone, which I don't get off any of the other candidates. I get something similar but sleazier and dirtier somehow from Steve Bannon (a blob of purely irredeemable shit).

by Anonymousreply 192October 25, 2019 3:06 PM

This bitch stole my look AND my rancid ideology!

by Anonymousreply 193October 25, 2019 3:17 PM

Barr is going through this phony exercise to prove the Russia was not responsible for interfering with our election. Instead it was a corrupt partisan abuse of power by Democrats and their supporters. He is doing this to distract and confuse, yes. He is doing it to re stock the Justice Department with more pliable personnel. But he is also doing this to justify Trump lifting the Sanctions Obama put on Russia. Putin requires it.

by Anonymousreply 194October 25, 2019 3:19 PM

MMPH...

End Time Headlines

"Televangelist Paula White said that Christians who don’t support President Donald Trump will have to answer to God."

OPINION (CP) – Televangelist Paula White said that Christians who don’t support President Donald Trump will have to answer to God. White, who serves as spiritual adviser to President Donald Trump and chairs the president’s evangelical advisory board, made the comments during a Friday appearance on the “The Jim Bakker Show” where she was promoting her latest book, Something Greater, in which she discusses intimate details of her life including her relationship with Trump.

“It is a dividing line unless you have eyes to see,” White told Bakker while discussing how America was being changed through the lower courts. Trump has been working hard to protect religious freedom in a spiritual war between good and evil that is being waged through the courts and that threatens to outlaw the Bible as hate speech, she claimed. “It’s [warfare] gonna either make you stand and lets you have to look in the Word and say what does God say and where do I line up. Where do I line up on policy? I might not like the personality, I might not understand him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 25, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote]"Televangelist Paula White said that Christians who don’t support President Donald Trump will have to answer to God."

War of the Televangelists:

Yesterday, Pat Robertson told viewers of his show that Trump pulling out of Syria is like Britain appeasing Hitler in 1938.

by Anonymousreply 196October 25, 2019 3:24 PM

Dear Paula,

Have several seats and STFU. Thanks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 25, 2019 3:26 PM

Did Paula help sell apocalypse meals while she was on "The Jim Bakker Show" pushing her new book?

by Anonymousreply 198October 25, 2019 3:42 PM

R194 it defies logic that the Dems with the help of Ukriane fucked their own election. For realz?? Ridiculous isn't it.

I feel bad for McCabe, Strok and Page. They've been through the ringer.

by Anonymousreply 199October 25, 2019 3:54 PM

Listen, y’all. Tulsi is definitely angling for something. What exactly is not yet crystal clear. I support nothing about her candidacy, and 100% believe that she’s a self promoting, self serving wench.

All of that said, we should NOT be policing who gets to run for office. That’s NOT the democratic way of looking at this.

We need to accept the fact that running for office in America, or really anywhere else, will now ALWAYS have the possibility attached to it, that Russia, or any other foreign government or entity, can interfere with our voting process and influence the election via social media, too. That’s never going to stop, because that train’s left the station long ago.

We need to always be on the lookout. We need to hold candidates accountable in order for them to run an non compromised campaign, that’s a fact. But we should not run around, claiming that candidates are foreign assets, or compromised, just because they’re running. That’s not democracy as we all understand it.

We have to be vigilant about how we approach candidates, and the narratives we build around them. If we immediately claim that someone is compromised because they’re running for office, that doesn’t make it true, nor does absolve us of the responsibility of promoting a real democracy.

Please be careful with this type of rhetoric. If it goes into the extreme, all the way into the left, or right, we’re still being manipulated by whom ever is attempting to meddle with our politics.

by Anonymousreply 200October 25, 2019 3:55 PM

Is #Putin’sPresident a thing yet?

Can we make it a thing?

by Anonymousreply 201October 25, 2019 3:56 PM

[quote]“It is a dividing line unless you have eyes to see,” White told Bakker

And the more lifted and stretched those eyes are, the better, it would seem.

by Anonymousreply 202October 25, 2019 4:09 PM

R200 - No. Just a hard no. That’s my response to your entire post.

by Anonymousreply 203October 25, 2019 4:20 PM

[quote]Then McCabe.

Wasn't there a grad jury indictment expected for McCabe a while ago and then suddenly nothing?

by Anonymousreply 204October 25, 2019 4:25 PM

The Kremlin Ass Goblin just refused to allow CNN to ask a question during his helicopter shouting. He said, "You're CNN and You're fake news and walked away."

Today's helicopter screamfest is coming with a high pitched whine that, surprisingly, isn't coming from Trump this time.

by Anonymousreply 205October 25, 2019 4:30 PM

They just cut from the Kremlin Ass Goblin's screamfest to Bill Clinton's eulogy of Elijah Cummings. Bill looks like shit and he speech is off...like very unwell off.

by Anonymousreply 206October 25, 2019 4:35 PM

Lest we forget

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 25, 2019 4:41 PM

Tulsi going To FOX News and badmouthing The Democratic nominees will only appeal to conservative voters who don't like Trump. The Democratic voters are smarter than even considering voting for an independent Jill Stein 2020.

by Anonymousreply 208October 25, 2019 4:43 PM

I had been mad at Hillary because she voted for the Iraq War...that was just bad but in 2016, there was no one else to vote for except Hillary. I guess I forgave her.

by Anonymousreply 209October 25, 2019 4:55 PM

J'adore Rachel....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 25, 2019 5:07 PM

Clinton and Obama so moving at Cummings' funeral today. You forget it wasn't always like this.

by Anonymousreply 211October 25, 2019 5:07 PM

Paula White’s pussy stinks

by Anonymousreply 212October 25, 2019 5:08 PM

Damn... They had to blow the door off!

Feds escalate probe into Giuliani associates

Investigators have issued multiple subpoenas and conducted several property searches, in one case blowing the door off a safe, sources say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 25, 2019 5:23 PM

Obama so fuckng amazing at his eulogy for elijah cummings. Makes me sad at the degenerate orange FILTH we have had foisted upon us now. Fuck you deplorables, racists and putin!

by Anonymousreply 214October 25, 2019 5:45 PM

Who is Paula White.

by Anonymousreply 215October 25, 2019 5:49 PM

The hint's in the last name.

by Anonymousreply 216October 25, 2019 5:51 PM

Are we sure the Ghoul didn't accidentally blow his own safe door off, r213?

Because that seems to be his MO.

by Anonymousreply 217October 25, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote]The hint's in the last name.

(Spit the Pepsi out all over my keyboard and fall to the floor...)

by Anonymousreply 218October 25, 2019 6:12 PM

Pepsi = Vodka.

by Anonymousreply 219October 25, 2019 6:16 PM

USA Today:

Mitch McConnell snubbed by Elijah Cummings' pallbearer in handshake line at U.S. Capitol ceremony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 25, 2019 6:28 PM

That video brings me so much joy!!!!

by Anonymousreply 221October 25, 2019 6:34 PM

Republican Representative Lance Goode had his balls handed to him this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 25, 2019 6:39 PM

Republican Representative Lance Goode had his balls handed to him this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 25, 2019 6:39 PM

Is Lance Goode his porn name?

by Anonymousreply 224October 25, 2019 6:43 PM

R204, McCabe's attorneys asked the Justice Department to admit that the grand jury had refused to indict him. The court that has jurisdiction over the matter gave the DOJ until Nov. 15 to provide a definitive answer.

by Anonymousreply 225October 25, 2019 6:49 PM

If you watch McConnell... he's seemingly stunned at the snub. What planet does that black hearted bastard live on? Does he actually not understand how he's seen? These people make royalty seem clued in.

by Anonymousreply 226October 25, 2019 6:53 PM

It's actually Lance Gooden, r224. He's a republican asshole so I can't be bothered getting his name right.

by Anonymousreply 227October 25, 2019 6:58 PM

R213 and all the rest of us: Please remember: AG Barr was given the task and the responsibility by the PResident, to "handle" all classified Intel information....and decide what is or isn't classified. So he would be the guiding presence determining what goes in that super top secret file in the WH where all Trump's phone calls went. he is also gathering information, as we speak, on Giuliani's two buddies....who also happen to be Trump's buddies going back a few decades. So blowing the door off of a safe, getting their hands on tapes or photos or documents and correspondence, bank records, checks, etc. all will flow to Barr and he will know everything. Congress has been asking him to recuse, but he has refused. Right now Barr is the most powerful and dangerous person in this country.

by Anonymousreply 228October 25, 2019 6:59 PM

Tulsa Gabbardi is the Manchuricunt Candidate...

by Anonymousreply 229October 25, 2019 7:00 PM

[quote]If you watch McConnell... he's seemingly stunned at the snub. What planet does that black hearted bastard live on? Does he actually not understand how he's seen? These people make royalty seem clued in.

For many Republicans this is simply a game of sport. It does not concern them that that there are real lives attached to these events. For them all that matters is that they win. They only answer to their donor class.

by Anonymousreply 230October 25, 2019 7:03 PM

McConnell was evidently pro-MLK back in the day and may simply be unaware that that community no longer views him as a trusted friend.

by Anonymousreply 231October 25, 2019 7:05 PM

R228 Barr can only protect Trump so much at this stage of the investigation re: Giuliani & Assoc. Remember it started months ago before things got so inflamed, so he would definitely be brought up on impeachment charges if this investigation suddenly closed down.

I am sure he is trying to direct it first and foremost to Rudy, though, but that has its own dangers because Rudy will go wildly swinging and singing if he feels he has been given up as a sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 232October 25, 2019 7:09 PM

I have nothing but contempt for these people who play at "civil rights" and make a show of saying the right words and hugging their Black colleagues or community leaders and then they take policy positions and vote to do permanent harm and damage to communities of color. They fuck up education, jobs, environmental regulations ( lead in the drinking water) and a litany of other injustices, and refuse to acknowledge the connection of their damaging policies and laws to the misery inflicted on people's lives. Fuck Mitch and every single Republican ut here. Fuck them all.

by Anonymousreply 233October 25, 2019 7:11 PM

Barr's DoJ led the raid on Jeffrey Epstein's island compound, after he "committed suicide."

by Anonymousreply 234October 25, 2019 7:13 PM

Barr is like Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction (and The Point of No Return actually). A Cleaner. A Fixer.

by Anonymousreply 235October 25, 2019 7:14 PM

Well said, R233. 👏👏👏

These assholes are so deluded in thinking people hold them in respect. They’re all scum.

by Anonymousreply 236October 25, 2019 7:15 PM

Rudy Giuliani butt-dials NBC reporter, heard discussing need for cash and trashing Bidens

“The problem is we need some money,” Giuliani says to unidentified man during accidental call to NBC News reporter Rich Schapiro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 25, 2019 7:25 PM

Rudy is broke as fuck.

What is this talk about Bahrain on the call? More shadow State Dept bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 238October 25, 2019 7:28 PM

R234 I have a colleague who will not stop talking about Barr and Epstein. Many speculate that's why the Republicans are so "in line" with the President...they're all being blackmailed by Barr/Trump for their connections to Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 239October 25, 2019 7:41 PM

WOW! THIS IS BIG!!!!

Trump Organization explores selling DC hotel

The three-year-old hotel has been a focus of complaints that Trump is profiting off his role as President

(CNN)The Trump Organization is considering selling its three-year-old hotel in downtown Washington, DC, that's been a focus of ongoing complaints that Donald Trump is profiting off his role as President.

Eric Trump, the President's son and executive vice president of The Trump Organization, said the company has hired real estate firm JLL to assist the possible sale of the Trump International Hotel.

"Since we opened our doors, we have received tremendous interest in this hotel and as real estate developers, we are always willing to explore our options," Eric Trump said in a statement.

(Of course there is MUCH more to this story than what is being reported. There's something up with this hotel and somebody is getting too close.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 25, 2019 7:41 PM

R237. HA! Butt dialing?! You just can't make this shit up. These people are a bunch of senile old buzzards.

by Anonymousreply 241October 25, 2019 7:43 PM

[quote]Rudy is broke as fuck.

I simply don't understand that. What are these people doing with their money? How are they living? How can Manafort be broke (and, he is broke) after pulling in millions for himself?

by Anonymousreply 242October 25, 2019 7:43 PM

[quote]How can Manafort be broke (and, he is broke) after pulling in millions for himself?

Them wiglets don't pay for themselves, henny.

by Anonymousreply 243October 25, 2019 7:52 PM

Manafort was forced to hand over his assets to the US government when he plead guilty last year, as much as $46 million in cash and real estate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244October 25, 2019 7:55 PM

I actually like the Trump Hotel as a building. Perhaps I will like it as a hotel once Hamberder Helper moves on.

the one time I went in there the bar area smelled like a broken sewer.

by Anonymousreply 245October 25, 2019 7:58 PM

What if... (after some digging), it is discovered that Russians really own that DC hotel?

LOL!!!!!!

And, Republicans have been patronizing that place like it was needed air!

by Anonymousreply 246October 25, 2019 7:58 PM

AP:

House investigators subpoena 3 more administration officials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247October 25, 2019 8:10 PM

I can't wait until Bolton shows up.

by Anonymousreply 248October 25, 2019 8:13 PM

r249 His lawyers are in talks about testimony. Could be as soon as next week.

The butt-dial: crooks in a big league game they don't even understand. How stupid to buy one-way tickets to Vienna. It's like advertising your guilt.

by Anonymousreply 249October 25, 2019 8:19 PM

Bolton scares me. I hope they question him privately first, under oath. If they parade him in front of the cameras and have him speak publicly first, there’s always the chance that he’ll revert to his default Republican assholery and blow everything up.

by Anonymousreply 250October 25, 2019 8:24 PM

R250 He is no friend of this administration.

His testimony would likely be excoriating at times.

by Anonymousreply 251October 25, 2019 8:28 PM

He will probably testify privately like all of the other witnesses, r251. This is still the "grand jury" fact finding part. Not the trial testimony

Eventually he may end up testifying in public but right now, it's still in the grand jury stage.

by Anonymousreply 252October 25, 2019 8:31 PM

Hadn't noticed this....

N.J. seeks to revoke liquor license for one of Trump’s golf clubs, triggered by a case in which a customer caused a fatal car crash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 25, 2019 8:33 PM

OH, MY GOSH!!! WHERE'S MELANIE????

by Anonymousreply 254October 25, 2019 8:36 PM

Oh a Trump Hotel is for sale? Soundink like good investment

by Anonymousreply 255October 25, 2019 8:39 PM

Rudy's going through another divorce, and Judy is trying to clean him out. Hence the desperate need for $$$.

by Anonymousreply 256October 25, 2019 8:40 PM

Vice President Pence is odds-on favorite to be ‘Anonymous’ author, followed closely by Betsy Devos. Melania Trump is the dark horse

It’s a sure bet that President Trump won’t be happy with the anonymously titled White House tell-all “A Warning,” set to hit shelves Nov. 19. But the online oddsmakers at U.S. Bookies think the real action is in trying to figure out who wrote the book.

The odds-on favorite is Vice President Pence, who denied he was “anonymous" when the same author painted a picture of chaos and incompetence in a September 2018 New York Times essay called “I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration." The author of that article sought to assure the citizenry that she or he was — likely unelected and unaccountable — a person close to the president subverting his efforts when they felt the commander-in-chief was going astray.

“(Pence) may have denied it when the anonymous insider first broke, but the use of the word ‘lodestar’ is one favored by Pence during his tenure as Trump’s deputy," according to U.S. Bookies spokesman Alex Donohue, referencing a term used in the Times essay. “If he’s fearing being stood down in 2020, or has presidential ambitions of his own, it makes sense with bettors for the veep to be the most likely candidate to be the explosive whistleblower.”

(There's more)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 25, 2019 8:42 PM

Isn't it funny that an NBC reporter heard Rudy's phone call about needing cash? Is he subconsciously trying to get caught?

by Anonymousreply 258October 25, 2019 8:42 PM

If it's Pence, I bet there's a deal going on between Nancy and the giant Turtle. The last thing the GOP wants is Pelosi in the WH. Remove Trump but hands off Pence. Trump will want to bring down Pence with him but it ain't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 259October 25, 2019 8:44 PM

Bolton must be seething with rage at Trump's steady erosion of American power overseas to the benefit of Iran, among others.

by Anonymousreply 260October 25, 2019 8:45 PM

This is all moving so quickly!

I need comfort food to calm my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 261October 25, 2019 8:46 PM

Where has Ivanka been hiding?

by Anonymousreply 262October 25, 2019 8:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 25, 2019 8:54 PM

[quote] R83: How many times will his minions use that "kidding" excuse for him? His only sense of humor is making fun of people.

First if all, this excuse, of “just kidding”, Is something that children use, when they are caught doing something they are uncomfortable acknowledging. Or, it is a passive-aggressive excuse that some neurotic adults use, when likewise caught. Pathologically childish; or passive-aggressive mentally illness. Reporters ought to be commenting on this.

Second of all, or Seconal, why is it that no one ever laughs at the Presidents frequent “jokes”? He is the least funny comedian on record. He is famously unfunny. He is buffoonish, but not ever funny. Reporters ought to follow-up with questions asking if he realizes how unfunny he is. Asking when was the last time he made a joke on video where people actually laughed? asking if maybe he ought to stop trying to be “funny”, since he is so incapable of actually being so.

As an aside, there is a phenomena whereby the boss in any organization always gets a good laugh at his jokes. It’s not from people sucking-upon purpose, it’s just a natural phenomena. Ergo, Trump should be able to get his subordinates to laugh at his “jokes”, and yet they do not. This is because that are not actually jokes after all.

by Anonymousreply 264October 25, 2019 9:06 PM

I remember an occasion at the UN where he got lots of laughs, r264.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265October 25, 2019 9:10 PM

“So true”, R265.

by Anonymousreply 266October 25, 2019 9:13 PM

Upthread a poster said:

[quote]Tulsi is a Republican in sheep's clothing

I disagree. Tulsi Gabbard is a republican in republican clothing.

And to those who speak of her spoiler status in the general election, I think you are missing the point. Her affect on the general election will be minimal. It is in the primaries that she will pose a problem. Trump is not facing any actual primary challenge. This means that the republicans, as they have done in the past, will feel free to register as Democrats and vote for Gabbard in the primaries. This is where her potential spoiler effect will have its greatest possible success. It could lead to a brokered convention and an eventual Democratic candidate who is weakened in the eyes of her/his own party and can be excoriated by republicans during the general election as being unable to garner the unanimous support of his/her own party.

At some point we Democrats must insist that anyone who claims to represent the party must actually be a Democrat, not a republican in republican clothing, not a self-avowed socialist nor a phony green party apparatchik.

by Anonymousreply 267October 25, 2019 9:17 PM

[quote] I need comfort food to calm my nerves.

Try a vegan cupcake, R261!

by Anonymousreply 268October 25, 2019 9:20 PM

"Impeachment Inquiry Is Legal, Judge Rules, Giving Democrats a Victory"

The House is legally engaged in an impeachment inquiry, a federal judge ruled on Friday, delivering a major victory to House Democrats and undercutting arguments by President Trump and Republicans that the investigation is a sham.

The House Judiciary Committee is entitled to view secret grand jury evidence gathered by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, Judge Beryl A. Howell of the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia ruled in a 75-page opinion. Attorney General William P. Barr had withheld the material from lawmakers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 25, 2019 9:20 PM

Isn't the Trump DC hotel not owned but leased to him by the government? It's the old post office building. In fact Trump is his own landlord right now which is emoluments nightmare.

I think they are looking to sell the lease.

by Anonymousreply 270October 25, 2019 11:27 PM

[quote]I think they are looking to sell the lease.

That is correct.

by Anonymousreply 271October 25, 2019 11:44 PM

If I were a Republican being blackmailed, I’d release the kompromat I’d announce it in a news conference and ask for forgiveness and immunity.....then I’d blow the lid off of this whole damn thing. I’d hope people would quickly forget what I was being blackmailed for or my new hero status would overshadow it. Assuming it’s just a sordid sex tape or something.

by Anonymousreply 272October 26, 2019 12:01 AM

Hopefully, they'll find out who anonymous is, like they did with the guy who wrote Primary Colors

by Anonymousreply 273October 26, 2019 12:58 AM

I'll just leave this here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 26, 2019 1:20 AM

I know Trump is obsessed with finding that whistleblower. He'll have his minions (never gets his own hands dirty) go too far and expose him- and be in big, big trouble for it.

by Anonymousreply 275October 26, 2019 1:31 AM

"Barr is like Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction (and The Point of No Return actually). A Cleaner. A Fixer."

But why? What does he gain for risking his reputation on an unstable, loser President? Is he an anti-abortion zealot? Anti-gay? Racist Obama-hater?

by Anonymousreply 276October 26, 2019 1:38 AM

McConnell getting dissed at Elijah Cummings funeral was THE.HIGHLIGHT.OF.MY.WEEK!

I will watch this everyday until those GOP motherfuckers are thrown out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277October 26, 2019 1:58 AM

Poor Kevin McCarthy. He’s as much of a devil as Moscow Mitch, but he got a handshake cause the pallbearer didn’t even know who he was—just like everybody else on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 278October 26, 2019 2:03 AM

Why would any decent soul want to touch that racist, conniving bootlicker of tyrants?

by Anonymousreply 279October 26, 2019 2:14 AM

R274 and that’s the basis for all of Ghouliani’s theories! LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 280October 26, 2019 2:26 AM

Yahoo:

In Trump pitch at black college, its students were largely absent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 26, 2019 2:34 AM

Yeah that speech of his today was embarrassing on how managed the audience needed to be. He can't go out in normal public events now.

by Anonymousreply 282October 26, 2019 2:38 AM

Daily Mail:

EXCLUSIVE: Defense secretary Jim Mattis said he would rather 'swallow acid' than let Donald Trump throw bizarre $50M 'Victory Day parade' and said president's summit with Putin was 'like sex in the 90s'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 26, 2019 2:55 AM

What do you think will happen with the lawsuit from Kupperman about whether he can testify or not?

by Anonymousreply 284October 26, 2019 3:17 AM

Kupperman should have to comply if he is subpoenaed, R284. I don’t think “constitutional immunity” from Congressional questioning exists. That’s just Trump/Barr arguing that the President is above the law.

by Anonymousreply 285October 26, 2019 3:23 AM

I've had my hopes up before but this awful era does seem to be ending...

by Anonymousreply 286October 26, 2019 4:45 AM

Wasn't there some previous court decision that executive privilege can't be claimed for impeachment depositions?

by Anonymousreply 287October 26, 2019 4:57 AM

McConnell got dissed at the Capitol ceremony. I don't think he attended the funeral, but I could be wrong. Has anyone read or heard anything about why Elizabeth Warren did a scripture reading, but Biden didn't speak at all? I saw Harris ad Klobuchar in the audience. Maybe they did a coin toss to see which candidate could represent all of them?

by Anonymousreply 288October 26, 2019 5:01 AM

What does "like sex in the 90s" mean?

by Anonymousreply 289October 26, 2019 11:59 AM

Okay who is Kupperman?

by Anonymousreply 290October 26, 2019 12:41 PM

The Hill:

Trump lashes out at Pelosi, slams San Francisco district as 'very bad and dangerous'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 26, 2019 1:53 PM

^Articulate as ever.

by Anonymousreply 292October 26, 2019 1:53 PM

R290, Kupperman was Bolton's deputy. He's asked a court to tell him which he should obey: a Congressional subpoena or the order from the WH not to participate in the impeachment process.

by Anonymousreply 293October 26, 2019 1:59 PM

^When can we expect a ruling though. Does it take months? Does this also mean others can't ignore their subpoenas when the judge rules he has to testify?

by Anonymousreply 294October 26, 2019 2:29 PM

[quote]Trump lashes out at Pelosi, slams San Francisco district as 'very bad and dangerous'

We stan an articulate God Emperor!

by Anonymousreply 295October 26, 2019 2:32 PM

From the Examiner:

We all 'can get it wrong': Mike Pompeo suggests William Taylor misunderstood Ukraine controversy

by Anonymousreply 296October 26, 2019 3:19 PM

You know Nancy traveled to Jordan for crisis meetings with our staunchest ME ally, King Abdullah, then went to Afghanistan, and then attended two funerals, one for her own brother, and one for one of her closest friends. She was also managing oversight of the House. So FUCK TRUMP. Attacking Pelosi when she is going through so much shit right now really makes him look like a bully. The people in that church Friday despise him. And they represent millions of us.

by Anonymousreply 297October 26, 2019 3:21 PM

Re #291 San Francisco is dangerous all right. Dangerous to stupid fool trump. He is not welcome in these parts. I personally would at least toss a bag of shit at him.

I've had enough of trump and his legion of idiots. They are stupid, cruel, greedy, foolish, and a gaggle of clowns with guns. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 298October 26, 2019 4:47 PM

[quote]Trump lashes out at Pelosi, slams San Francisco district as 'very bad and dangerous'

Do even his devoted deplorables still believe the lies this moron pulls out of his ass each and every day? He is such an embarrassment. I would almost feel sorry for him, if I didn't despise him and truly believe him to be dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 299October 26, 2019 4:53 PM

r283 link

[quote]He likes to build things, he likes power, he likes to be seen as bullying the bullies and he likes to be the best or have the best.

Yes! Dis what he tell to me agains all the days. I no have da knowledge for what is meaning either.

But now know you dees reasonings of da Be Best®!

by Anonymousreply 300October 26, 2019 5:10 PM

r289--

[quote[The former defense secretary also criticized the Russia-US Summit in Helsinki last July in which Trump met face-to-face with President Vladmir Putin. The book says that Mattis thought the summit showed the White House 'wasn't thinking strategically' and only looking at things which provided 'immediate satisfaction.' He described the move as 'like sex in the 1990s - all about instant gratification.'

If that helps.

I'm still not sure what it means. Orange didn't look gratified in Helsinki; he looked terrified.

by Anonymousreply 301October 26, 2019 5:12 PM

Pence isn't smart enough to be Anonymous. DeVos either for that matter.

Who comes up with these silly theories?

by Anonymousreply 302October 26, 2019 6:09 PM

I'm assuming the Pence rumour is being floated for the purpose of further eroding Cheeto's feeble sanity.

by Anonymousreply 303October 26, 2019 6:10 PM

R302, the Pence theory comes from the use of the word "lodestar" in that op ed a while back about there being adults in the White House keeping watch on things. No idea where the DeVos rumor came from. She's too stupid to write a coherent fortune cookie.

by Anonymousreply 304October 26, 2019 6:22 PM

Thanks, R289. I agree that "instant gratification" is an odd way of describing the Helsinki meeting and I'll be interested in knowing what context and consequences of it Mattis has in mind.

Also, it would seem that Jim Mattis was having different sex in the 1990s than I was.

by Anonymousreply 305October 26, 2019 6:38 PM

"Lodestar" was obviously inserted to draw feeble minds' attention to Pence.

by Anonymousreply 306October 26, 2019 6:46 PM

So then Anonymous wasn't me?

by Anonymousreply 307October 26, 2019 6:50 PM

I think the person might not be as well known as we think. There are plenty of deputy and under secretaries who see a lot, but we probably wouldn’t know their names.

by Anonymousreply 308October 26, 2019 7:00 PM

R306, how often does he use 'lodestar' that it would be so obvious that someone would intentionally insert it to move suspicion? These people are so fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 309October 26, 2019 7:01 PM

The "immediate gratification" is realpolitik, which Obama specifically warned Trump about when he left the Oval Office.

by Anonymousreply 310October 26, 2019 7:04 PM

Fox was just running an article about how dangerous San Francisco was due to the homeless problem. Trump believes everything Fox tells him, so he's just repeating their talking points.

As for the anonymous Times article, there was speculation that the writer might have been one of Pence's aides, Nick Ayers.

by Anonymousreply 311October 26, 2019 7:13 PM

r308 -- yes, the current thinking is that Anonymous is not a household name.

by Anonymousreply 312October 26, 2019 7:14 PM

[quote] Fox was just running an article about how dangerous San Francisco was due to the homeless problem. Trump believes everything Fox tells him, so he's just repeating their talking points.

Trump is looking for media nuggets he can use for his own act saying shit about his opponents.

by Anonymousreply 313October 26, 2019 7:19 PM

Trump would insist on an investigation of a sack of rice falling to the ground in China if Fox News or Q-Anon would link it to Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, or Barack Obama somehow.

by Anonymousreply 314October 26, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote]how often does he use 'lodestar'

A lot; see below.

Like comedians tell the same story over and over (Kathy Griffin meeting Brooke Shields's mom at the wedding), most politicians and their speechwriters recycle their favorite words and expressions.

If you're playing off-the-record games, you would totally use someone else's favorites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315October 26, 2019 7:31 PM

Whatever Trump's personal evil is, Fox is sending him the message that the world is a dangerous and evil place, and it is all the Democrats fault. Trump soaks up their message like a sponge and regurgitates it like a baby throwing up formula.

by Anonymousreply 316October 26, 2019 7:42 PM

Fox News is giving Trump and conservative pundits "proof" for their talking points (see? Whatever I said is true, because legit Fox News is reporting, too it!).

by Anonymousreply 317October 26, 2019 7:44 PM

Fox News is giving Trump and conservative pundits "proof" for their talking points (see? Whatever I said is true, because legit Fox News is reporting, too it!).

by Anonymousreply 318October 26, 2019 7:44 PM

Sorry, ... is reporting it, too!

by Anonymousreply 319October 26, 2019 7:45 PM

I think the Fox news shit comes first, then it becomes a talking point for Trump because he genuinely believes everything he sees on Fox. Fox does a story on Baltimore, Trump regurgitates some story about rats. Fox does a story on San Francisco, Trump regurgitates a story about how bad crime is becoming in Nancy's district. Trump doesn't have the personality to question anything Fox tells him - except when they occasionally criticize him.

by Anonymousreply 320October 26, 2019 7:56 PM

CNN:

London trip photos show Giuliani with indicted associate at Yankees' game, Ukrainian charity event

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321October 26, 2019 9:12 PM

The Examiner:

'I feel bad that I left': John Kelly warned Trump he would be impeached

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322October 26, 2019 9:17 PM

'We were ready': Nancy Pelosi in Iowa talks about impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Saturday told a crowd in Iowa that she waited until there were enough facts to launch an impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump.

"For a long time I said, 'He isn't worth impeaching because it further divides the country,'" she told several hundred people at Drake University in Des Moines. "Until it became so clear. And I always said, 'When we get more facts, we will be ready.' And we were ready."

Pelosi, who added that no decision has been made beyond an impeachment inquiry, made the remarks one day after a federal judge declared Democrats' impeachment inquiry process legal, a point she highlighted to applause.

"The Constitution is clear. Congress has oversight as an independent branch of government over the executive branch. Subpoenas, inquiry, oversight. If you take that away, you have an autocrat. And that is what is at risk in this. It isn't about personalities or policies. It's about the Constitution of the United States."

The event, hosted by Polk County Democrats, was billed as a "conversation" with the powerful Democratic leader. Pelosi, who took questions from the public through a moderator, used a bulk of her time on stage to talk about the president

Pelosi specifically recalled a meeting with Trump earlier this month where she expressed her disagreement with his decision to withdraw troops from Syria and its implications for America's reputation on the world stage. A photo of the meeting, which featured Pelosi standing across from the president, went viral.

"What I said to him: 'You've undermined our national security. You've undermined the oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution and you jeopardized the integrity of our elections,'" she said.

The line received a long standing ovation inside the Drake auditorium.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 26, 2019 9:33 PM

Every night I pray God keep Nancy safe from harm and give her the strength and the wisdom she needs to handle all this.

by Anonymousreply 324October 26, 2019 10:00 PM

Don't forget about me, R324

by Anonymousreply 325October 26, 2019 10:03 PM

Some linguistic expert needs to analyze the Anonymous book and tell us who wrote it

by Anonymousreply 326October 27, 2019 12:19 AM

So have I, r324. And for the Kurds.

They will, r326. Within a month, I'd say, someone will figure out who it is.

by Anonymousreply 327October 27, 2019 12:56 AM

[quote]Within a month, I'd say, someone will figure out who it is.

I can't wait for the big reveal. Will Trump's head explode on live TV?

by Anonymousreply 328October 27, 2019 1:03 AM

WH: John Kelly 'was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President'

Trump is disputing Kelly said 'don't hire a 'yes man' or 'you will be impeached'

(CNN)President Donald Trump is disputing that former White House chief of staff John Kelly warned the President before he left the White House last year not to hire a replacement who wouldn't tell him the truth or that he would be impeached.

Kelly, a retired Marine Corps general, made the comments during an interview at the Sea Island Summit political conference hosted by the Washington Examiner this weekend.

Kelly said if he had stayed on as chief of staff Trump wouldn't be in the midst of the current impeachment inquiry, implying that White House advisers could have prevented it.

"I said, whatever you do — and we were still in the process of trying to find someone to take my place — I said whatever you do, don't hire a 'yes man,' someone who won't tell you the truth — don't do that," Kelly said. "Because if you do, I believe you will be impeached."

Kelly's comments come after his successor, now acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, brashly confirmed and then denied earlier this month that Trump froze nearly $400 million in US security aid to Ukraine in part to pressure that country into investigating Democrats.

Trump weighed in Saturday on Kelly's interview with the Washington Examiner, saying in a statement to CNN, "John Kelly never said that, he never said anything like that. If he would have said that I would have thrown him out of the office. He just wants to come back into the action like everybody else does."

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham added, "I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President."

Mulvaney did not immediately respond to CNN's requests for comment. Kelly also suggested that the Trump administration could have averted the current probe into the president, the Examiner reported.

"Someone has got to be a guide that tells [the president] that you either have the authority or you don't, or Mr. President, don't do it," Kelly said, adding that "the system that should be in place, clearly — the system of advising, bringing in experts in, having these discussions with the president so he can make an informed decision, that clearly is not in place."

Kelly also said that in light of the inquiry, "I feel bad that I left."

"That was almost 11 months ago, and I have an awful lot of, to say the least, second thoughts about leaving," he added. "It pains me to see what's going on because I believe if I was still there or someone like me was there, he would not be kind of, all over the place."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329October 27, 2019 1:25 AM

Kelly is a piece of shit. Knowing everything he knows, his instinct is still to help Trump. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 330October 27, 2019 1:27 AM

I agree, R330. How can anyone work for Trump? How are Republicans sitting back and allowing this? Imagine, (and I hate whataboutism), if someone of the Obama team referred to him as; "...was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President'?" FOX and any other conservative media outlet would have lost its mind!

by Anonymousreply 331October 27, 2019 1:34 AM

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham added, "I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President."

by Anonymousreply 332October 27, 2019 1:41 AM

What do you think this Trump tweet is about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333October 27, 2019 1:44 AM

Bowel movement?

by Anonymousreply 334October 27, 2019 1:48 AM

[quote]What do you think this Trump tweet is about?

McDonald's is bringing back the McRib sandwich permanently?

by Anonymousreply 335October 27, 2019 1:49 AM

[quote]White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham added, "I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President."

I don't know who this creature thinks she will work for in future. She's beyond defence.

by Anonymousreply 336October 27, 2019 1:49 AM

Yeah, all those Big Macs have gotta come out eventually R334. x

by Anonymousreply 337October 27, 2019 1:50 AM

He must smell to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 338October 27, 2019 1:59 AM

Bill Kristol @BillKristol

“'I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great president. --Stephanie Grisham

I thought it couldn't get worse than Spicer. Wrong. I thought it couldn't get worse than Sanders. Wrong. Now surely we've hit bottom.

by Anonymousreply 339October 27, 2019 2:08 AM

Kristol is human scum.

by Anonymousreply 340October 27, 2019 2:13 AM

He just wants his opponents to think he has something on them...

by Anonymousreply 341October 27, 2019 2:25 AM

Newsweek:

Trump Attends Ivanka and Jared Kushner's Wedding Anniversary Dinner at Camp David, Says He Will Pay for the Event

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342October 27, 2019 2:28 AM

[quote]White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham added, "I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President."

For those occasions when "Sure Jan" just won't cut it ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343October 27, 2019 2:33 AM

Jared's personality and facial expression are so wooden. His eyes are fixated and steely.

Someone needs to get him drunk and loosen him up.

by Anonymousreply 344October 27, 2019 2:35 AM

[quote]Trump Attends Ivanka and Jared Kushner's Wedding Anniversary Dinner at Camp David, Says He Will Pay for the Event

That would be a first. Maybe that's the "something very big" that just happened.

by Anonymousreply 345October 27, 2019 2:44 AM

Hit bottom? Dude, the bottom fell out two years ago. There is no bottom. We'd have to climb 20 stories just to come close to reaching it.

by Anonymousreply 346October 27, 2019 2:58 AM

Trump will address the nation Sunday morning with a ‘major statement’ after cryptic tweet

President Donald Trump will make a “major statement” to the nation at 9 a.m. ET Sunday, the White House said.

It wasn’t immediately clear what Trump would discuss in his speech.

Trump tweeted earlier Saturday night that “Something very big has just happened!” but did not follow up with further details.

President Donald Trump will make a “major statement” to the nation at 9 a.m. ET Sunday.

It wasn’t immediately clear what Trump would discuss in his speech. Trump tweeted earlier Saturday night that “Something very big has just happened!” but did not follow up with further details.

“The President of the United States will be making a major statement tomorrow morning at 9 o’clock from the White House,” White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said in a statement that came more than an hour after Trump’s tweet. The White House initially said Judd Deere had made the statement.

The cryptic tweet and subsequent announcement from the White House come as the president faces increasing heat from an impeachment inquiry in the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives. He has also been embroiled in controversy following his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from northern Syria, which resulted in Turkish forces attacking Kurdish fighters.

The news also comes as Attorney General William Barr’s review of the origins of the Russia probe that plagued much of Trump’s first term in office had become a criminal investigation.

by Anonymousreply 347October 27, 2019 3:02 AM

JFC, what now? More theatre.

by Anonymousreply 348October 27, 2019 3:04 AM

Is this when he declares martial law and himself President for Life?

by Anonymousreply 349October 27, 2019 3:06 AM

Josh Rogin @joshrogin · 1h This seems to relate to the raid in northern Idlib, Syria where U.S. led coalition forces were pursuing a high value terrorist target. No confirmation yet, some chatter it could be Baghdadi.

by Anonymousreply 350October 27, 2019 3:07 AM

It's a royal proclamation!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351October 27, 2019 3:08 AM

[quote]Trump Attends Ivanka and Jared Kushner's Wedding Anniversary Dinner at Camp David, Says He Will Pay for the Event

Wedding anniversaries are private occasions, not state events. Why are they using Camp David and not one of the "world class" Trump properties?

by Anonymousreply 352October 27, 2019 3:09 AM

[quote] Josh Rogin @joshrogin · 1h This seems to relate to the raid in northern Idlib, Syria where U.S. led coalition forces were pursuing a high value terrorist target. No confirmation yet, some chatter it could be Baghdadi.

Yawn. Call me when you catch Bin Laden.

by Anonymousreply 353October 27, 2019 3:10 AM

looks like they got Baghdadi. now Trump thinks he is equal to Obama because Obama got bin Laden but Trump "got" Baghdadi who started Isis. Now he will bask thru the night in the glow of his success even though he had no part in it.

by Anonymousreply 354October 27, 2019 3:10 AM

[quote] Why are they using Camp David and not one of the "world class" Trump properties?

Bed bugs.

by Anonymousreply 355October 27, 2019 3:11 AM

Clearly this is just a stunt for him to give an appearance of acting presidential. Sure! There may be some news of some sort but nothing is happening in the world so paramount that it warrants a presidential address at 9 am, Sunday morning. This is just stunts and shows, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 356October 27, 2019 3:11 AM

does anyone actually read the comments here?

by Anonymousreply 357October 27, 2019 3:13 AM

[quote]Why are they using Camp David and not one of the "world class" Trump properties?

More stunts to give an air of appearing presidential. I would have thought that they would have just had their party at the White House.

by Anonymousreply 358October 27, 2019 3:14 AM

Let us prepare ourselves for the White House staged photo....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 27, 2019 3:20 AM

WSJ: Top Student-Loan Official to Resign, Call for Mass Debt Forgiveness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360October 27, 2019 3:20 AM

r357 No.

You can't defeat Isis, take out the leader and another one will take his place.

by Anonymousreply 361October 27, 2019 3:21 AM

I might give more of a shit about this if he hadn't enabled ISIS to rise again.

by Anonymousreply 362October 27, 2019 3:24 AM

The elimination of high target terrorist targets has been a military objective and plans were set long before Trump even thought of running. This has nothing to do with Trump, and his ME antics probably delayed if not made it harder to accomplish the goal.

He can crow all he wants, he's still getting impeached.

by Anonymousreply 363October 27, 2019 3:35 AM

This announcement is probably desperation. I believe that it is now dawning on Trump that he is in real trouble of not only being impeached (I think he accepted that and brushed it off) but of being removed from office also. The tweet below is by Bill Kristol. Not so much that he's an insider but if he's publicly discussing this then others are too;

Bill Kristol @BillKristol

If John Kelly spoke privately with the ten Republican senators he knows best, and Jim Mattis spoke with the ten senators he’s closest to, and if each told the senators how much he fears for the country with Trump, untrammeled and unhinged, at the helm...Trump would be gone.

by Anonymousreply 364October 27, 2019 3:36 AM

White House officials were at the White House late Saturday evening in preparation. One official told CNN the announcement will be in the Diplomatic Reception Room.

The Diplomatic Reception Room is one of three oval rooms in the residence of the White House, the official home of the President of the United States. It is located on the ground floor and is used as an entrance from the South Lawn, and a reception room for foreign ambassadors to present their credentials, a ceremony formerly conducted in the Blue Room. The room is the point of entry to the White House for a visiting head of state following the State Arrival Ceremony on the South Lawn. The room has four doors, which lead to the Map Room, the Center Hall, the China Room, and a vestibule that leads to the South Lawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365October 27, 2019 3:45 AM

Hmm... let's see....

President Bush got Sadaam--Great rejoicing

President Obama got Bin Laden--Great rejoicing

Trump gets ????

Maybe Putin is trying to help Trump get out of this mess?

by Anonymousreply 366October 27, 2019 3:51 AM

FOX headline;

ISIS target believed to be Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is killed in Syria: sources

A "high value ISIS target" believed to be Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by U.S.-led forces in Idlib, Syria, a well-placed military source told Fox News on Saturday night.

The U.S. military cannot yet confirm the identity of the deceased target.

Newsweek reported late Saturday that Baghdadi was killed during a special operations mission that President Trump approved about a week ago.

In September, an audio recording purportedly by Baghdadi included a call for members of the extremist group to use any means necessary to free Muslims who were being detained "by Crusaders and their Shiite followers."

The U.S. had reportedly posted a bounty of $25 million for information leading to the capture of Baghdadi.

Some experts had predicted that as time passed and ISIS losses in the Middle East started to mount, it was inevitable that Baghdadi would either be captured or killed.

“Baghdadi is probably moving around a lot to avoid detection," Jeffrey Simon, a terrorism expert and founder of the national security consultancy firm Political Risk Assessment Inc., said earlier this year. "But it will just be a matter of time before he is found.

"I believe that he is still alive," Simon added at the time. "News of his death would have been hard to keep secret for very long.”

by Anonymousreply 367October 27, 2019 4:01 AM

>>... to handle the genius of our great President."

Doesn't this sound exactly like someone in North Korea or China would say about their fearless leaders...?

by Anonymousreply 368October 27, 2019 4:05 AM

[quote] White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham added, "I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President."

I can't get that line out of my head. It makes me cringe and want to throw up.

by Anonymousreply 369October 27, 2019 7:00 AM

An international player gave up Baghdadi to help smooth the way for US to withdraw from the region, same player that knew where Baghdadi was all along. (word out of Israel)

This was done to distract from the Kurd scandal, Putin and Erdogan did not anticipate Trump would face so much blowback from the dismissal of Kurds. Now Trump will claim he got something for all he gave up.

[bold]NOTHING IS TRUE AND EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE[/bold]

Living in a dictatorship means getting accustomed to the daily charades and kabuki theatre. Just days ago Trump said he returning to secure the "oil," Syria's previously unremarkable oil reserves, then this happens. Merely drama to keep us entertained.

Don't be fooled.

by Anonymousreply 370October 27, 2019 7:31 AM

it's great when someone evil dies but ISIS will likely just end up with a new leader. The monsters in that group are committed to the cause, not 1 person

this is only a temporary win.

by Anonymousreply 371October 27, 2019 8:14 AM

All roads lead to Putin.

by Anonymousreply 372October 27, 2019 9:01 AM

Would it be too obvious that, with his Sunday announcement, he wants to dominate the news cycle for the week in order to overshadow some seriously bad news for him coming out? It's like he's playing the opening act and everybody waits for the main act to arrive.

by Anonymousreply 373October 27, 2019 10:44 AM

I've heard of Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden. Never heard of this ISIS leader. I don't think many people will care. His speech will be fantastic. No doubt he will claim all this was only possible bc he betrayed our allies. Great perfect victory bc he's such a great smart, perfect leader. Followed by 10 more minutes of self-congratulatory bs.

by Anonymousreply 374October 27, 2019 10:54 AM

I am sure Kellyanne is preparing a mini victory parade for Trump to be held on Sunday either before or after the big announcement (I think Conwway would probably prefer before since Trump gets off the rails by the end of any press event).

by Anonymousreply 375October 27, 2019 10:59 AM

The whole point is to give FOX news positive things to talk about. Remember, they were created for this purpose.

by Anonymousreply 376October 27, 2019 11:05 AM

^ NO! I just realized, it's so he won't get booed at the baseball game.

by Anonymousreply 377October 27, 2019 11:09 AM

It's Illegal to try and impeach A WAR HERO!!!!

by Anonymousreply 378October 27, 2019 11:16 AM

Great, can he now catch the 100 ISIS members he set free when he let Turkey invade U.S./Kurdish-held space the other week?

by Anonymousreply 379October 27, 2019 11:57 AM

Well, consider yourself fortunate to be the only one in the room to have NEVER heard of Big Daddy here and Big Daddy there R374.

by Anonymousreply 380October 27, 2019 12:07 PM

Nobel! Nobel! Nobel! - Trump tweet.

by Anonymousreply 381October 27, 2019 12:08 PM

Now, if this is true watch what will happen;

When Bin Laden was killed it was not Obama that did it but the Navy Seals

But....

If al-Baghdadi is dead it will be Trump who would have killed him rather than the Delta Special Force

by Anonymousreply 382October 27, 2019 12:30 PM

Notice who is missing....

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 3h

As Diwali commences, @FLOTUS Melania and I wish those observing the Festival of Lights a blessed and happy celebration! #HappyDiwali

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383October 27, 2019 12:42 PM

So, which is it?

ISIS leader believed to have been killed in US raid

OR

A senior US defense official says it appears Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi detonated a suicide vest during the raid

by Anonymousreply 384October 27, 2019 12:44 PM

Interesting. As I Reflect on the momentous occasion when Obama got Bin Laden, I Recall that it was Hillary who voted for him to take the shot, and Joe Biden warning him not to. "Too risky."

by Anonymousreply 385October 27, 2019 12:47 PM

The breaking news alert I got was "Believed to be dead." Ring-a-ding-ding.

by Anonymousreply 386October 27, 2019 1:00 PM

Trump speaking now.

God, I loathe him so much.

by Anonymousreply 387October 27, 2019 1:24 PM

Who writes his copy???

by Anonymousreply 388October 27, 2019 1:27 PM

I hate to write this but this all comes across as very fishy to me.

by Anonymousreply 389October 27, 2019 1:36 PM

Well, Trump has stolen the headlines for today and tonight.

Hope it goes back to impeachment tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 390October 27, 2019 2:02 PM

Is this the same bitch who has not held one single fucking press conference? To the tune of an 180K annual salary?

by Anonymousreply 391October 27, 2019 2:02 PM

"Bin Laden was a big thing, but this is bigger."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392October 27, 2019 2:04 PM

^Ah... and the PR photo has been released.

by Anonymousreply 393October 27, 2019 2:06 PM

What’s with Mike Pence’s hands? They look skeletal.

by Anonymousreply 394October 27, 2019 2:09 PM

All he really did was copy Obama's homework. LOL

by Anonymousreply 395October 27, 2019 2:11 PM

NOW... He blown himself up.

[quote]Well, Trump has stolen the headlines for today and tonight.

Yep. It will be about all of his inconsistencies and the grandiose delivery of the story.

by Anonymousreply 396October 27, 2019 2:11 PM

New GOP talking point: "It is illegal to impeach a war hero who has done took out THE ISIS!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397October 27, 2019 2:13 PM

He says he told people to take out bin Laden before 9/11, so he's retroactively taking credit for that too, I guess?

by Anonymousreply 398October 27, 2019 2:17 PM

Isn't blowing yourself up kinda drastic? Sleeping with a suicide vest for 2 years? Whatever happened to the capsules the Nazis used during WWII? Much more comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 399October 27, 2019 2:21 PM

R398 Believe it or not, it was a passing reference to OBL with no warning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400October 27, 2019 2:26 PM

How can you take credit for somebody blowing themselves (and three innocent children) up but still be pulling troops out of Syria and leaving them to die at the hands of ISIS fighters?

by Anonymousreply 401October 27, 2019 2:30 PM

That’s been my question. They say he was killed but then in the same breath tell us that he used a suicide vest to blow himself up.

by Anonymousreply 402October 27, 2019 2:33 PM

[quote]now Trump thinks he is equal to Obama because Obama got bin Laden but Trump "got" Baghdadi who started Isis.

Trump downplayed the killing under Obama of Osama bin Laden because he didn't become "big" until World Trade Center attacks, whereas Baghdadi built a caliphate.

by Anonymousreply 403October 27, 2019 2:45 PM

Baghdadi didn’t build a caliphate. That was all media hype and propaganda. And whatever he did build was destroyed by Barack Obama with NATO and the Kurds before Donald Trump took office. I’m sick and tired of these rightwingers revising history to make it look like most of the progress against ISIS didn’t take place while Obama was in office.

by Anonymousreply 404October 27, 2019 2:49 PM

He's also crowing that he didn't inform Congress because Schiff and Pelosi can't be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 405October 27, 2019 3:01 PM

[R405] Can't be trusted to do what? Bring the cunt back from the dead with special voodoo science stuff?

by Anonymousreply 406October 27, 2019 3:05 PM

He was blabbing about his “big news” on twitter last night! He’s the one who can’t keep his fucking mouth shut. Also, isn’t he legally obligated to inform congressional leaders? Not that it would matter to him.

by Anonymousreply 407October 27, 2019 3:08 PM

No, he’s not legally obligated to do inform them. It’s a matter of courtesy.

by Anonymousreply 408October 27, 2019 3:14 PM

Washington Post:

Trump says Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi blew himself up as U.S. troops closed in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409October 27, 2019 3:16 PM

[quote] He's also crowing that he didn't inform Congress because Schiff and Pelosi can't be trusted.

Clearly he didn't want to share the "glory" with them or give it even the slightest hint of a bipartisan effort. Of course, a Dem President doing that would be an outrage.

by Anonymousreply 410October 27, 2019 3:18 PM

R392 that is such a posed photo.

He's clearly trying to replicate the real photo from Obama's situation room.

by Anonymousreply 411October 27, 2019 3:20 PM

Slipping this in here....

WaPo: Trump administration has acquired little of the private land in Texas it needs for border barrier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412October 27, 2019 3:20 PM

R410 the Republicans had already leaked it last night, too.

by Anonymousreply 413October 27, 2019 3:21 PM

Axios showing that "access journalism" is alive and well:

The operation's success could prove a major boost for Trump. The recent pullback of U.S. troops he ordered from northeastern Syria raised a storm of bipartisan criticism in Washington that the militant group could regain strength after it had lost vast stretches of territory it had once controlled.

by Anonymousreply 414October 27, 2019 3:23 PM

Oh Lord, he actually DID stage a photo shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415October 27, 2019 3:25 PM

Why does he always look like he's trying to squeeze out a turd when he pretends to be all serious in these posed photos?

by Anonymousreply 416October 27, 2019 3:51 PM

Donnie Two Scoops just cannot get his shit right.

by Anonymousreply 417October 27, 2019 3:51 PM

They kill one *head* of the hydra and eight sprout back. I will never be impressed with this knowing the nature of the people and their grievances againt us. There is a Kurdish child, right now, dreaming of revenge....

by Anonymousreply 418October 27, 2019 3:52 PM

This stunt, (although I believe the mission happened), is falling apart

GOP vows to take new steps to protect Trump

Republicans are vowing more action after they stormed the secure impeachment hearing room last week, disrupting a deposition and grabbing headlines that were cheered by President Trump.

The problem is they just don't know what to do next.

Republicans could continue to protest and disrupt future closed-door hearings, but that move has undermined their own complaints about the Democrats' impeachment process and raised concerns about the GOP violating security protocols.

They’ve also tried to censure the Democrats’ point person on impeachment, Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.); that vote failed along party lines.

And top Republicans fired off a letter to Democrats, demanding that they call the anonymous whistleblower who triggered the impeachment probe to testify publicly; Democrats have ignored that letter and the whistleblower’s attorneys in an op-ed on Friday said there’s no reason for their client to given public testimony.

Across the Capitol, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) has rolled out a resolution condemning Democrats’ secretive process, but it’s non-binding, meaning it will have no teeth or effect.

The GOP's “throw-everything-at-the-wall” strategy underscores the party's disadvantage in the impeachment fight — for now — as House Democrats flex their muscle and demonstrate the power that comes with holding the majority: They control the impeachment process, determine which witnesses to call, blast out subpoenas and set the calendar.

Democrats “control the flow of access and information. That’s the benefit of winning elections,” said one House GOP aide close to the impeachment fight.

The Democrats’ probe has produced powerful testimony from multiple State and national security officials that has painted a scathing picture of Trump and his allies withholding nearly $400 million in security aid from Ukraine until its government agreed to launch investigations into the president’s political rivals.

Some rank-and-file Republicans privately have expressed frustration with Trump and the White House over a lack of long-term, overarching impeachment strategy. A recent White House strategy session between Trump and his staunch congressional allies produced little in the way of an impeachment game plan that could be shared with GOP members on Capitol Hill.

And while Trump has the bully pulpit, GOP allies argue, he doesn’t have a team in place dedicated to fighting Democrats’ month-old impeachment inquiry. Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has been involved in impeachment strategy talks, as have acting White House chief of staff Mike Mulvaney. But Mulvaney has been on thin ice ever since he admitted in a televised news conference the White House engaged in a quid pro quo, contradicting Trump on Ukraine; Mulvaney later walked back the comments.

Word leaked out Friday that the White House is considering hiring former Treasury Department spokesman Tony Sayegh or former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi to lead communications and messaging efforts on the impeachment battle, which could stretch into December or January.

But Trump seemed to pour cold water on that idea, telling reporters hours later that he doesn’t need a “team” to fight back against the Democrats’ impeachment probe.

“Here’s the thing,” he said. “I don’t have teams. Everyone’s talking about teams. I’m the team. I did nothing wrong.”

What Trump has instructed his GOP allies to do is to get more aggressive against Democrats. At a Cabinet meeting, he called on Republicans “to get tougher and fight” back against impeachment.

Republican lawmakers did just that the very next morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419October 27, 2019 4:11 PM

GOP @GOP

“Al-Baghdadi, the most wanted man in the world is dead, and it's a tribute to the courage of our Armed Forces, special forces that executed the raid on the compound last night, but it's also a tribute to the decisiveness of President @realDonaldTrump.” -@VP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420October 27, 2019 4:16 PM

How precisely did his decisiveness lead to this?

by Anonymousreply 421October 27, 2019 4:21 PM

His decisiveness in getting out of Russia and Turkey's new alliance and being the damned coward he is by abandoning the Kurds.

They tracked a few of them back to the target. It wasn't that hard to figure out and most definitely part of the deal. The orange turd does nothing if not in imitation of his nemesis, Obama.

by Anonymousreply 422October 27, 2019 4:24 PM

He talks like an imbecile. He can't even speak properly in victory. He is improper, in all things. What a braying ass.

by Anonymousreply 423October 27, 2019 4:27 PM

I don't think that this machination was Trump by himself. I believe that Lindsey Graham has his hand heavily in this. So far it seems as if the press is unwilling to take the bait. There are more questions now that it wants answers to. It also appears as if not too many are buying this on the internet either.

by Anonymousreply 424October 27, 2019 4:29 PM

I pray the severely injured service dog heals. The dog was the hero.

by Anonymousreply 425October 27, 2019 4:32 PM

I like how the computer cables are unplugged in that Obama cosplay picture.

by Anonymousreply 426October 27, 2019 4:32 PM

The Hill article at R419 should have also emphasized that one of the reasons for the Republicans' ineffectiveness is that they DO have access to the closed hearings, through the R representatives who sit on the relevant committees, and everything they hear, and that their colleagues in both houses hear, makes it obvious that Trump is guilty guilty guilty.

by Anonymousreply 427October 27, 2019 4:34 PM

Jennifer Hayden @Scout_Finch · 1h Replying to @PeteSouza According to this website which tracks Trump's golf outings. He left the club at 3:33pm. He was golfing at the time of the raid.

trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings

by Anonymousreply 428October 27, 2019 4:36 PM

I call horseshit on Baghdadi. Nice timing with your upcoming impeachment you cunt. The vast majority of american people are dumb sheep (standing applause for colorado border wall you stupid fucks) who believe anything.

by Anonymousreply 429October 27, 2019 4:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430October 27, 2019 4:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431October 27, 2019 4:49 PM

My God he's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 432October 27, 2019 4:54 PM

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433October 27, 2019 4:55 PM

^ When is he not golfing? All he ever does is tweet, eat junk food, and golf

by Anonymousreply 434October 27, 2019 5:00 PM

I suppose no one in America media will ponder the coincidence that Baghdadi was finally "found" right after Turkey and Russia were given the green-light to do whatever they want in Syria. Couldn't find him for years and then they suddenly discover his safehouse right after getting what they want and when Trump is in serious trouble at home.

by Anonymousreply 435October 27, 2019 5:00 PM

The simplest explanation is always the right one with Trump. I think R435 is definitely into something.

by Anonymousreply 436October 27, 2019 5:03 PM

This is interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437October 27, 2019 5:03 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if this was just more lies from tRump? That would be excellent.

by Anonymousreply 438October 27, 2019 5:09 PM

Maybe Baghdadi will release a video saying "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

by Anonymousreply 439October 27, 2019 5:10 PM

R439, and holding up a copy of Trump’s ridiculously staged photo with various unplugged network cables bunched up in the front.

by Anonymousreply 440October 27, 2019 5:12 PM

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 441October 27, 2019 5:42 PM

Donna Trump: Elaborate Scenario Troll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442October 27, 2019 6:19 PM

Forgotten by Monday.

by Anonymousreply 443October 27, 2019 6:23 PM

There was also an alert that the reason the raid happened NOW was because they'd lose their opportunity because of all the chaos of the pullout. It actually put troops at greater risk.

by Anonymousreply 444October 27, 2019 6:27 PM

Everyone - please spread out on the web and make anti-Trump comments, do not let this bastard claim victory for this. It's a blatant attempt to distract the public from impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 445October 27, 2019 6:38 PM

Trump is going to make another statement? I guess he's not happy with the press.

by Anonymousreply 446October 27, 2019 6:57 PM

Did he feel he didn't get enough credit?

by Anonymousreply 447October 27, 2019 7:02 PM

[quote]Did he feel he didn't get enough credit?

When doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 448October 27, 2019 7:20 PM

So that's why they took all the troops out of Syria. If the raid didn't go well, or if there was retaliation- they didn't want a bunch of bloodshed to mar their victory.

by Anonymousreply 449October 27, 2019 7:20 PM

R449 that theory makes absolutely no sense.

by Anonymousreply 450October 27, 2019 7:21 PM

Trump said Sunday that he had contacted two Senate Republicans, Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (N.C.) and Judiciary Chairman Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.), ahead of his announcement in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House. He called Burr “a great gentleman” and Graham “a very strong hawk” who “agrees with what we’re doing now.”

Asked whether he had informed Pelosi, Trump replied, “No, I didn’t. I didn’t do that. I wanted to make sure this kept secret. I don’t want to have men lost, and women. I don’t want to have people lost.”

At another point in his remarks, Trump said he was “going to notify [congressional leaders] last night, but we decided not to do that, because Washington leaks like I’ve never seen before.”

by Anonymousreply 451October 27, 2019 7:26 PM

Wait, he’s going to make another statement? When?

by Anonymousreply 452October 27, 2019 8:38 PM

- The US Delta Force flew from Iraq's Erbil Int'l, not al-Asad Airbase.

- Baghdadi detonated his suicide vest at the last minute, decapitated himself.

- Baghdadi was reportedly sighted in Reyhanli in Turkey, 48 hours before the operation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453October 27, 2019 8:39 PM

R452, it’s not as though he has anything else to do. Wait, he does — he needs to thank Russia one more time.

by Anonymousreply 454October 27, 2019 8:41 PM

How did three children die? Were they hostages?

by Anonymousreply 455October 27, 2019 8:45 PM

R452 to what are you referring?

by Anonymousreply 456October 27, 2019 8:49 PM

R455 they were three of his children

by Anonymousreply 457October 27, 2019 8:49 PM

[quote]How did three children die? Were they hostages?

They were Baghdadi's children.

by Anonymousreply 458October 27, 2019 8:52 PM

Apparently Baghdadi was hiding behind his own children. When he blew himself up, he blew them up too. A murderer to the end. Sad for the kids.

by Anonymousreply 459October 27, 2019 8:56 PM

Trump described it as, Baghdadi was trapped in a dead end tunnel, (he took the three children as human shields apparently). Then he set off his vest and killed himself and the children.

A lot of other children left the building before that. Maybe the soldiers thought with all the other children surrendering, that was all. Trump said they thought Baghdadi was the only one left. He also said they sent in a robot, because they thought Baghdadi would blow himself up. They must have known about the vest.

by Anonymousreply 460October 27, 2019 9:06 PM

NYT:

‘Keep the Oil’: Trump Revives Charged Slogan for New Syria Troop Mission

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461October 27, 2019 10:06 PM

He's despicable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462October 27, 2019 10:19 PM

So, he is definitely monitoring the media attention this is receiving. He tweeted the linked information about an hour ago. I don't think he likes the affects this far. The Pence interview wasn't good nor was the acting Director--whoever he is wasn't good either. I haven't seen massive Republican support over this.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Thank you to @MarthaRaddatz and @TerryMoran for a job well done!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463October 27, 2019 11:20 PM

NYT: Pentagon officials say al-Baghdadi's death occurred "largely in spite of Mr. Trump's actions."

President Trump’s abrupt decision to pull forces from northern Syria disrupted planning for the raid and forced the Pentagon to press ahead with a risky night operation, military officials said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464October 27, 2019 11:30 PM

Isn't it weird that the top ISIS leader was still free, hiding somewhere and was only killed a day ago, when Trump claimed over and over again that ISIS was already defeated? When the founder and leader of a dangerous terror organization is still free, the organization IMO is not defeated. But anyway, why should the public care about a man most Americans have never heard of and was the leader of an organization that was - according to Trump- already 100% destroyed ?

by Anonymousreply 465October 27, 2019 11:32 PM

[quote] Pentagon officials say al-Baghdadi's death occurred "largely in spite of Mr. Trump's actions."

It sounds like the Pentagon are turning against him. He's denigrated the FBI, the Congress, the CIA but he has yet to denounce the military. I hope they further hammer this in because he's declaring himself the hero of this operation.

by Anonymousreply 466October 27, 2019 11:59 PM

R466, he hasn't denounced the military yet, but he's treated generals like dirt, defunded military projects in an effort to build his "wall," and ordered the betrayal of the Kurds. I find it hard to believe that the Pentagon has any affection for him.

by Anonymousreply 467October 28, 2019 12:06 AM

[quote]President Trump’s abrupt decision to pull forces from northern Syria disrupted planning for the raid and forced the Pentagon to press ahead with a risky night operation, military officials said.

Yeah, that sounds more like the truth.

by Anonymousreply 468October 28, 2019 12:09 AM

Very good interview. Hopefully it gains traction

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469October 28, 2019 12:43 AM

The faces on the military guys in the staged photo he released (the one with all the loose wires in a heap on the table) tell you how they felt about this episode.

by Anonymousreply 470October 28, 2019 12:58 AM

-STEVE BANNON SAYS NANCY PELOSI IS 'WINNING' AND 'WILL IMPEACH' DONALD TRUMP

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Asked multiple times by Chris Wallace why the President did not notify Speaker Pelosi about the al-Baghdadi operation, Mike Pence does not directly answer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471October 28, 2019 12:59 AM

Does the media, Congress, even Trump, ever tire of Lindsey Graham? This queen craves attention and receives way too much of it.

by Anonymousreply 472October 28, 2019 1:07 AM

Oh, shi... crap

Trump getting Booed at the World Series in DC! LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473October 28, 2019 1:47 AM

Wow there really was no ambivalence in that crowd reaction at R473.

by Anonymousreply 474October 28, 2019 1:55 AM

Fans shout "Lock him up!" at Trump's appearance at World Series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475October 28, 2019 2:05 AM

That fucker Matt Gaetz was right next to Trump. Hope he heard the boos and "Lock him up" loud and clearly. Wish we could see Trump's reaction to the boos a bit longer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476October 28, 2019 2:08 AM

Oh the World Series stuff made my weekend!

by Anonymousreply 477October 28, 2019 2:11 AM

Watching that video at r476 I almost feel bad for him. Almost.

by Anonymousreply 478October 28, 2019 2:19 AM

Good. This was the night he expected to turn it all around with his triumphant slaying of the evil Al-Baghdadi, and instead he gets roundly vituperated at America's favorite pastime.

by Anonymousreply 479October 28, 2019 2:21 AM

Watch Melania's nervous eye-blinking, trying not to show emotion.

by Anonymousreply 480October 28, 2019 2:22 AM

Fake posts! No boo. No boo. What you heard was a tremendous “WHOOOOO!” The loudest “WHOOOOO!” ever recorded. Even the seismocounters couldn’t measure it. It broke all the seismocounters. Every one, broken! They love me. Basketball fans loved me. TheY come to me with tears in their eyes and say, “Sir, we can’t wait for the Stanley Cup so we can whoo you, sir. It will be such an honor, sir.” No boo.

If you want to hear a boo listen to what they did to Obama at Eli Common’s wedding the other day. I wouldn’t want to be Obama. Wouldn’t want to be Obama.

by Anonymousreply 481October 28, 2019 2:25 AM

He thought he would be hailed as a hero with the crowd chanting," Nobel, Nobel." Can't wait for the tweets, as the man was totally humiliated in front of the world.

by Anonymousreply 482October 28, 2019 2:28 AM

^Deplorables already claim the crowd was shouting "Lock HER up". Hope this is all over the news tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 483October 28, 2019 2:29 AM

They weren't saying boo, they were saying Boourns!

by Anonymousreply 484October 28, 2019 2:31 AM

What explanation would the deplorables have for the booing when his image came of the screen, after they had been cheering for the military reps?

by Anonymousreply 485October 28, 2019 2:32 AM

No booing. No booing!!! They were yelling Booo-urns because they were burning with love for their genius president. I love baseketball!

by Anonymousreply 486October 28, 2019 2:35 AM

Anyone else notice a trend here? We never get to see the bodies. 'Buried at sea... blown to smithereens'.

Wouldn't he have been of more use alive? He knew everything.

by Anonymousreply 487October 28, 2019 2:38 AM

I was saying boo-urns!

by Anonymousreply 488October 28, 2019 2:38 AM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489October 28, 2019 2:39 AM

Seriously? There's 110 more posts to go

by Anonymousreply 490October 28, 2019 2:41 AM

R489 has prematurely evacuated.

by Anonymousreply 491October 28, 2019 2:46 AM

People come and go so quickly here!

by Anonymousreply 492October 28, 2019 2:48 AM

Damn... I had the perfect pic for the new thread. You’ve ruined it, r489!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493October 28, 2019 2:53 AM

You know what? The entire crowd was outfitted in red because those are the Nationals' colors. The poor stupid cunt looked out at that vast crowd - and National Park has a capacity of over 41,000 people and this was a sold-out game - and subconsciously thought he was at a Trump rally.

The fucker has never been to a National League game since he took office. He has remained in his Trumpy bubble the entire time. This is astounding.

I've never cared for baseball but I love it right this moment.

by Anonymousreply 494October 28, 2019 2:54 AM

Human scum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495October 28, 2019 2:56 AM

It's gratifying to hear all those boos directed at the grifter-in-cheat

by Anonymousreply 496October 28, 2019 3:08 AM

R493 that's a good way to get the thread F&Fed to oblivion

by Anonymousreply 497October 28, 2019 3:10 AM

Why r487? The thread even has shit in the name.

by Anonymousreply 498October 28, 2019 3:11 AM

^ oops r497, not 497.

by Anonymousreply 499October 28, 2019 3:12 AM

^ oops and I’m not going to correct anything else anymore.

by Anonymousreply 500October 28, 2019 3:13 AM

Because the word shit and seeing a picture of actual shit are two totally different things.

by Anonymousreply 501October 28, 2019 3:14 AM

Eh I think you’re being too sensitive, r501.

by Anonymousreply 502October 28, 2019 3:17 AM

So nice to see a father and son taking in a baseball game.

by Anonymousreply 503October 28, 2019 3:19 AM

R502 try it and you'll see.

by Anonymousreply 504October 28, 2019 3:21 AM

hahahaha LOVE that the crowd booed the fuck out of Trump

I was hoping it would happen but I wasn't sure 100% given that it was mostly white baseball fans.

I wonder if they'll whine about this on Fox or ignore it completely

by Anonymousreply 505October 28, 2019 3:35 AM

They will probably ignore it. You know who won't? Trump.

Prepare for the Twitter morning meltdown to end all Twitter morning meltdowns.

by Anonymousreply 506October 28, 2019 3:39 AM

It was foreseeable that he would be booed. His PR team should have come up with some ridiculous excuse to keep him away from the park and any other public event that his campaign doesn't control.

by Anonymousreply 507October 28, 2019 3:49 AM

What is good about this and the press that it is receiving is that the Deplotables (and the country, for that matter) will see that something is not right, A POTUS receiving such audible boos?

Noah Gray ✔ @NoahGrayCNN

Trump appeared to receive some applause, some boos when announced during Salute to Trips, then troops received applause followed by intense boos when they showed POTUS on screen. Some in the crowd chanted “lock him up” after

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508October 28, 2019 6:30 AM

Fibbin’ Noah wants you to believe that my crowd was chanting “lock him up!” What the hell kind of a name is Noah anyway? They tell me Fibbin’ Noah has teeny tiny little feet, okay? That’s what they all tell me.

My crowd was chanting “LOVE HIM UP! LOVE HIM UP!” My crowds love me. I have magnificently ‘uge crowds. Very amorous crowds. And biggest. They want to make love to me. “LOVE HIM UP! LOVE HIM UP!” What am I supposed to do, tell them no? They all want to make love to me.

by Anonymousreply 509October 28, 2019 7:48 AM

Yes, they chanted "Look Him Up!" but they meant to keep him safe from Liberal radicals who are out to get our dear president.

by Anonymousreply 510October 28, 2019 7:56 AM

oh I know...Fox will say "the DC swamp invaded the baseball game. Not even sports are safe from radical leftist liberals"

I hope this week brings more damage to Trump. Hopefully the Baghdadi kill is quickly forgotten

by Anonymousreply 511October 28, 2019 9:33 AM

Apple pie and hot dogs also hate him.

by Anonymousreply 512October 28, 2019 10:22 AM

[quote]Hopefully the Baghdadi kill is quickly forgotten

Given that there are already accounts floating around--from the Pentagon, no less--that he fucked up their planning by pulling out, I think he's losing control of the narrative already.

by Anonymousreply 513October 28, 2019 10:43 AM

Republican Rep. Thomas Massey of Kentucky laments that Maria Butina was in jail "just for not filing the right paperwork" and "to satiate the rampant Russophobia in the U.S." Are there any Republicans who are not craven Russian assets?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514October 28, 2019 11:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515October 28, 2019 12:40 PM

Great. Now he's even more pissed and is going to do something horrible. Strap in, it's going to be another crazy week.

by Anonymousreply 516October 28, 2019 12:41 PM

Russophobia is a word directly from Russian propaganda networks like RT.

by Anonymousreply 517October 28, 2019 12:57 PM

Turkey turkey...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518October 28, 2019 1:09 PM

Trump and his team got too cocky. They thought the news of Baghdadi's death would make him look like a hero in the public's eye, but that incident in the stadium caught them completely off guard.

by Anonymousreply 519October 28, 2019 1:11 PM

It is 9:23 am in Washington D.C. and Trump has still not tweeted. WTF? Does he wait until #LockHimUp is no longer trending?

by Anonymousreply 520October 28, 2019 1:25 PM

Think positive, maybe he stroked out!

by Anonymousreply 521October 28, 2019 1:36 PM

Baghdadi was “whimpering, crying and screaming all the way”.

Well Donnie made that up since he had no audio and only a overhead surveillance footage when he played his Tivo recording.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522October 28, 2019 1:48 PM

Trump has already conversed with reporters this morning on his way for flight to Cleveland. He ranted as part of the exchange. Was shown during Morning Joe. He called Schiff a leaker.

by Anonymousreply 523October 28, 2019 1:51 PM

AP:

Trump's visit to Chicago creates stir before he even arrives

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524October 28, 2019 2:00 PM

r522, and I am confused. How close can a soldier be to hear "whimpering" and NOT get blown up by the explosion?

Nobody has released American casualty number for the Kurd withdrawal or the al-Baghdadi raid.

Is anyone watching the arriving planes for draped caskets?

by Anonymousreply 525October 28, 2019 3:43 PM

There were no casualties. He was embellishing.

by Anonymousreply 526October 28, 2019 3:48 PM

That seems to be the press release, but what is the truth?

by Anonymousreply 527October 28, 2019 3:56 PM

R527, that statement is the whole enchilada of the entirety of the experience of this administration. Would you like salsa with that?

by Anonymousreply 528October 28, 2019 4:11 PM

[quote] Would you like salsa with that?

I would like salsa with everything.

by Anonymousreply 529October 28, 2019 4:15 PM

I would not feel sad if someone related a similar story about the day they chase his fat ass down. His is the false presidency.

by Anonymousreply 530October 28, 2019 5:42 PM

NBC News: The White House was alerted as early as mid-May — earlier than previously known — that a budding pressure campaign by Rudy Giuliani and Gordon Sondland was rattling the new Ukrainian president, per two people with knowledge of the matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531October 28, 2019 5:58 PM

So Schiff is a leaker - but isn't that exactly what Gaetz and co. were trying to do?

by Anonymousreply 532October 28, 2019 6:08 PM

Sorry, troll R532, but no one has established that Schiff leaked anything. The Dotard implied it but, as per usual, there is no proof.

by Anonymousreply 533October 28, 2019 6:12 PM

AND, as is normal for this abnormalcy of an administration, it was a projection. The Dotard leaks constantly, from his mouth, his anus, his shitty diaper pants, his drippy, diseased mushroom of a dick, the oozing scab his wig covers.....

by Anonymousreply 534October 28, 2019 6:13 PM

Guess who made more visits to Trump properties than any other member of Congress?

MISS LINDSEY!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535October 28, 2019 6:57 PM

r533 I apologize - I didn't know I had to include /s for you to realize what I was saying.

Please allow me to elaborate it better for you: So Trump says Schiff is a leaker - but isn't that exactly what Trump henchman Gaetz was trying to do when storming the depositions with electronic recording devices?

Feel better now that I filled in the blanks for you? Good. Now let me guess how you're going to respond: Cunt! Fat frau! Russian troll! Boris! Die in a grease fire! LOL, insipid old queen; )

by Anonymousreply 536October 28, 2019 7:02 PM

R536 you may have some sand in your vagina

by Anonymousreply 537October 28, 2019 7:06 PM

r537 R537 You may be right. Can I borrow your douche bag?

by Anonymousreply 538October 28, 2019 7:11 PM

Lindsey Graham could have played golf anywhere in South Carolina, probably at no cost. South Carolina has some of the best golf courses in the country. But was Graham really with Trump so much just to play golf? The impression by many is that Graham was there is receive "instructions" voluntarily or otherwise, and fulfill his sycophantic and emotional needs.

by Anonymousreply 539October 28, 2019 7:13 PM

Respond, R536? Who could have a response to such an eloquent and condescending explanation? I do apologize if I misread you, but I don't believe I'm alone with being suspicious of a phrase like "So Schiff is a leaker...." not being followed by an immediate neutralizing phrase such as 'but Gaetz isn't'?

Nuance is important. I don't appreciate your jumpy conclusion that I would retaliate with a further, cartoonish slur. I'm content with the word 'troll'

by Anonymousreply 540October 28, 2019 7:17 PM

R533, NOT R537 ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 541October 28, 2019 7:18 PM

R53- based on Bob Woodward's book, it seems Graham is with Trump to encourage the orange oaf to a) build up the military, b) strike back militarily at all perceived enemies around the world and c) shovel lots of taxpayer money into the coffers of South Carolina-based defense contractors.

by Anonymousreply 542October 28, 2019 7:19 PM

Change.org is garnering a petition in NW Florida aiming for expulsion of Matt Gaetz from Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543October 28, 2019 7:20 PM

I love when shit like this happens on the DL. I'm R533 who called R536 a troll for an ambiguously worded statement about Schiff. R537, a troll I have blocked, responded to R536 about having sand up its twat. Now R536 thinks R533 is R537 and a troll.

R537 is blocked by me for trolling and I'm glad. I would never say R536 has sand up their twat. Never.

by Anonymousreply 544October 28, 2019 7:22 PM

You seem remarkably invested in this idiocy r544.

by Anonymousreply 545October 28, 2019 7:24 PM

I'm trolling, R545. It's an art.

by Anonymousreply 546October 28, 2019 7:25 PM

It's annoying when 100+ posts in a 500+ thread are from douchebags trying to one up the other. Soooo annoying. Now, back on topic: Trump is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 547October 28, 2019 7:45 PM

Obvious and unnecessary whining about other posters is also annoying.

by Anonymousreply 548October 28, 2019 8:03 PM

Goddamn it. During the ENTIRE 10 Benghazi investigations, leaks were called "sources close to the investigations". The Cons lied constantly about the facts, but because any reporter could get 3 of them to repeat the same lie, anonymously, it was reported as fact. Hypochristian con men.

From the Atlantic RE: Benghazi 2015

By instinct reporters treat a congressional investigative committee as presumptively legitimate; and when they receive leaks from informed committee sources, as obviously has happened for many months, they (we) are honor-bound to protect their sources’ identities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549October 28, 2019 8:04 PM

[quote]based on Bob Woodward's book, it seems Graham is with Trump to encourage the orange oaf to a) build up the military, b) strike back militarily at all perceived enemies around the world and c) shovel lots of taxpayer money into the coffers of South Carolina-based defense contractors.

Good luck getting Putin to agree to any of that.

by Anonymousreply 550October 28, 2019 9:26 PM

Miss Thang has secrets to hide, but ole Bone Spurs was told and shown them; so Miss Thang is eagerly committed to pleasing Orange Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 551October 28, 2019 9:33 PM

Miss Thang has secrets to hide, but ole Bone Spurs was told and shown them; so Miss Thang is eagerly committed to pleasing Orange Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 552October 28, 2019 9:33 PM

Consensus is to let these Shit Fan threads die and just use the Treason ones.

by Anonymousreply 553October 28, 2019 11:10 PM

Consensus from you, R 533? How Trumpian.

by Anonymousreply 554October 28, 2019 11:17 PM

R554 WE decided this thread is weak and sleepy! No stamina! SAD!

by Anonymousreply 555October 28, 2019 11:18 PM

These threads are redundant.

by Anonymousreply 556October 28, 2019 11:27 PM

These threads are more raucous and impolite than the Treason ones. I go to both.

by Anonymousreply 557October 28, 2019 11:48 PM

Me too, r557. These threads are much more NASTY! And sometimes I’m in the mood for NASTY!

by Anonymousreply 558October 28, 2019 11:59 PM

Donald Trump?

Donald NASTY...

by Anonymousreply 559October 29, 2019 12:00 AM

You should have put a NSFW warning on that Trey Gowdy picture

by Anonymousreply 560October 29, 2019 12:16 AM

Read: Pelosi sends 'Dear Colleague' letter about voting on impeachment resolution

(CNN)House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Monday sent a letter to Democratic members of Congress announcing a vote this week on a resolution affirming the impeachment investigation, establishing rules for public hearings, providing due process rights for the White House and other procedures. The decision to hold a vote comes after pressure from Republicans and the White House that the chamber should do so, and it undercuts the key Trump administration talking point that the inquiry was illegitimate because it did not receive a full House vote.

Read the letter below:

October 28, 2019

Dear Democratic Colleague,

For weeks, the President, his Counsel in the White House, and his allies in Congress have made the baseless claim that the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry "lacks the necessary authorization for a valid impeachment proceeding." They argue that, because the House has not taken a vote, they may simply pretend the impeachment inquiry does not exist.

Of course, this argument has no merit. The Constitution provides that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment." Multiple past impeachments have gone forward without any authorizing resolutions. Just last week, a federal court confirmed that the House is not required to hold a vote and that imposing such a requirement would be "an impermissible intrusion on the House's constitutional authority." More than 300 legal scholars have also refuted this argument, concluding that "the Constitution does not mandate the process for impeachment and there is no constitutional requirement that the House of Representatives authorize an impeachment inquiry before one begins." The Trump Administration has made up this argument -- apparently out of whole cloth -- in order to justify its unprecedented cover-up, withhold key documents from multiple federal agencies, prevent critical witnesses from cooperating, and defy duly authorized subpoenas.

This week, we will bring a resolution to the Floor that affirms the ongoing, existing investigation that is currently being conducted by our committees as part of this impeachment inquiry, including all requests for documents, subpoenas for records and testimony, and any other investigative steps previously taken or to be taken as part of this investigation.

This resolution establishes the procedure for hearings that are open to the American people, authorizes the disclosure of deposition transcripts, outlines procedures to transfer evidence to the Judiciary Committee as it considers potential articles of impeachment, and sets forth due process rights for the President and his Counsel.

We are taking this step to eliminate any doubt as to whether the Trump Administration may withhold documents, prevent witness testimony, disregard duly authorized subpoenas, or continue obstructing the House of Representatives.

Nobody is above the law.

best regards,

Nancy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561October 29, 2019 12:29 AM

The latest in the never-ending parade of fuckery and dumb-shittiness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562October 29, 2019 1:25 AM

^ That guy makes Betsy DeVos look like a Rhodes scholar

by Anonymousreply 563October 29, 2019 2:30 AM

posted in the other thread too

Fox has already started attacking Vindman, implying he was a double agent and questioning how loyal to the US he is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564October 29, 2019 3:36 AM

I'd pay good money to see someone beat the living shit out of Laura Ingraham.

by Anonymousreply 565October 29, 2019 4:08 AM

George Mentz has quite the oeuvre. If Trump University hadn’t been so vehemently anti-book, I could see his works featuring heavily in the curriculum.

[quote]Trump's Fury of Leadership - How Trump Fired Obama and Clinton and Took the White House with Success Secrets: The Rise of Trump and the Fall of the Media's Mental Health

[quote]The Four Agreements for Big Agenda Success - The Secret Magic Titan Principles of Life: Winning Friends Prosperity Mindfulness and Love - The Mindset Languages & Art of Being a Badass

[quote]You are Awesome- How to Win & Lead like a BadAss Navy Seal and a Billionaire - How Regular Guys Can Get Rich , Win Friends & Claim Victory: 10 Books Every Warrior or Harvard & Yale Grad Should Know

[quote]Laws of Winning and Achievement – The Highly Effective Success Principles for Mastery The Science and Art of Having BadAss Success with Health Wealth & Peace of MInd

[quote]Illuminati Secrets of Success Becoming an Alchemist of Power by Daring to Use the Sacred Agreements of Courage: Why Highly Effective People Stop Apologizing for Being Authentic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566October 29, 2019 5:47 AM

That garbage propaganda network that Rubert Murdoch and Lachlan Murdoch own needs sacked. No accountability is shown at Fox.

by Anonymousreply 567October 29, 2019 10:16 AM

Be careful of what you ask for;

Pelosi gives Republicans what they wanted, and Trump may not thank her

The House speaker's latest move may make it more difficult for the GOP to dodge the substance of the Ukraine scandal — whether Trump abused his power

(CNN)President Donald Trump and his Republican defenders may come to regret that Nancy Pelosi gave them what they wished for.

Putting the House on the record for the first time on impeachment, through the speaker's call for a vote by the whole chamber on procedures, is a highly symbolic step that will challenge the entire Republican critique of the impeachment process.

More crucially, such a vote could make it more difficult for the GOP to dodge the substance of the Ukraine scandal and the issue on which impeachment will turn: Did Trump abuse his power?

Superficially, the House speaker's call for the vote is a reversal and vindicates GOP critics who have blasted her inquiry. But it threatens to begin eroding the central pillar of Trump's defense so far: that the investigation is nothing but an unconstitutional sham that is depriving him of due process.

Republicans are already framing new process arguments, and even top Democrats argue that Pelosi did not give the GOP everything it wanted: Thursday's vote will merely lay out the next steps in the inquiry and is not a formal authorization of an impeachment probe. But the distinction is likely to be lost on the public.

"If they are true to their word, they are getting what they want: We are giving them a resolution that gives an open process," Rep. Ro Khanna, a Democrat from California, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday evening. "So let's see now what excuse they have."

"It's been more than a month and Republicans in Washington still won't answer the simple question: is it appropriate for a President to pressure a foreign country to undermine our elections?" Pelosi tweeted on Monday morning.

An unwillingness by Trump and the GOP to provide an answer has already provoked a wild chain of distractions, including Trump calling his critics "human scum" and a sit-in by conservative lawmakers last week designed to thwart testimony from a Pentagon official.

There will be more hyperbole and hijinks to come -- and more testimony. The National Security Council's top Ukraine expert plans to tell the impeachment investigators on Tuesday that he was so troubled by Trump's July phone call with Ukraine's President that he reported his concerns to a superior, according to his opening statement.

But the vote will end the quasi-political war over impeachment and lead to a more comprehensive public debate at a grave national moment.

As a matter of procedure, it was unnecessary. As a matter of politics and the national interest, such a vote can offer transparency and integrity to a grave constitutional process.

(More)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568October 29, 2019 11:34 AM

The Murdochs exploit human flaws and use them to their own advantage. And they are not alone. The GOP, Trump, Putin, Zuckerberg, the Mercers, etc. they all benefti from this snake oil salesmen driving society that makes us easy prey for these assholes.

The Murdochs would have no power if humanity, as whole, would refuse to be taken advantage of by watching their programming. The GOP, Trump, Putin, Zuckerberg, the Mercers, etc. would have no power if people rather listened to their critical thinking skills, and trust in their own self-worth, than do the 1%'s bidding because some buttons were pushed.

by Anonymousreply 569October 29, 2019 12:24 PM

[quote]if people rather listened to their critical thinking skills, and trust in their own self-worth...

But, that is just it! People are no longer taught and/or encouraged to do critical thinking. This is all part of the plan by those of the super elite. There is the famous Roger Aisles quote; "You don't teach people how to think. You tell them what to think." FOX, Sinclair Broadcasting, etc are all part of the plan. We should all be paying much more attention to that think tank ALEC--today's Republican's Bible.

There was a reason for the Fairness Doctrine and our need to overturn Citizens United.

by Anonymousreply 570October 29, 2019 12:41 PM

What worries me, and it's the biggest question for me, is will this vote on procedures open up a greater opportunity for disruption? IMO I know Speaker Pelosi will do everything legally, but the Democrats have to be seen to maintain control. The goal of the Republicans is to disrupt and to stop the process, and make the Democrats look weak. They talk about "being fair to the President."

They are focused on procedure for a reason. When you can't dispute the evidence, you dispute the process. Since the Democrats are in charge of developing the process, they better make sure they don't give the Republicans anymore opportunities to disrupt and derail the Impeachment. Once these hearings go public and witnesses begin to testify, the Republicans will make more demands, and they will act out. Hell they will make demands when this technical stuff comes to the floor for a vote on Thursday.

You know they'll try to make a circus out of the public hearings. The Democrats can't be seen to lose control. I hope there are consequences for the most recent disruption. Of course once a trial takes place in the Senate McConnell will have his own procedures and we know he will do whatever he can get away with to help Trump survive.

Trump's crowing about getting Al Baghdadi hoping the Senate will be placated, but they're still pissed off about his surrendering Syria and betraying the Kurds. I'm joining Indivisible's phone bank to call Senators to insist they do the right thing. They need to hear from us. The Senate needs to feel the pushback from us. I'm glad the public raised hell at the ballpark. Congress needs to know that outside their bubble, people are pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 571October 29, 2019 12:51 PM

R570 is right. We need Congress to bring back the Fairness Doctrine. And people need to be aware of ALEC. Their mission is to make sure every state legislature represents the Extreme Right's agenda. They develop the issues nationally for every state legislature.

by Anonymousreply 572October 29, 2019 12:53 PM

r571, r.572. If the right wing can't find anything they make something up and the right wing media will report it as truth giving their stupid voters the permission slip to dismiss all the Liberals' and the Democratic Party's efforts.

Do you think, at this point, the actual liberal minded people in the US will be swayed by anything the conservative right wing and the right wing media will come up with to discredit the Democratic Party's efforts?

Pelosi's and Schiff's main focus should be to strengthen and restore faith in the democratic process in the eyes of the Liberal minded people in the US. The Deplorables, the incels, the al-right, and the Fox News viewers will not be convinced by anything Pelosi or Schiff will do or say. No time should be wasted on what should be done to convince them to find at least common ground with Liberals.

And those "undecided" independents who all of a sudden go "geez, that Pelosi chick is really hard on Mr. Trump! She should better watch her mouth or I will totally side with the POTUS!" are a total myth.

by Anonymousreply 573October 29, 2019 1:12 PM

Look who tore himself away from making cookies in his hollow tree ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574October 29, 2019 1:17 PM

[quote] R378: It's Illegal to try and impeach A WAR HERO!!!!

We spend some energy on DataLounge asking people to clearly express themselves and I appreciate that, which is partly why it drives me nuts to hear Trump frequently redefine simple, common words. I know R378 is being funny here, but it’s the kind of thing Trump would say, redefining the word “illegal”, like has has the word “disgrace”.

On the flip side, he described this terrorist as “a bad man”, because he lacks the vocabulary or agility of mind to describe him with more specificity. I mean, if he’s a “terrorist”, we already know much more than that he is “a bad man”.

I have to hand it to Donald, a man as stupid as he is should have gone bankrupt 11 times and never gotten back up, no matter how dishonest he was.

by Anonymousreply 575October 29, 2019 1:31 PM

Trump was braying about having been the first to tell people that Osama bin Laden would need to be killed. I think he said he wrote about it in 2000 or so.

bin Laden was responsible for the 1993 WTC bombing; the 1998 United States embassy bombings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya, when over 200 people were killed; the 2000 attack on the USS Cole, killing 17; and other attacks. Trump may think that “nobody ever heard of Osama bin Laden before 9-11”; but no, he is just so ignorant and stupid, that he doesn’t know how ignorant and stupid he is.

by Anonymousreply 576October 29, 2019 1:43 PM

^ oh, the NY Times caught this lie, see R400.

The average person might not know this, which is why no one should ever believe anything Trump says without evidence.

by Anonymousreply 577October 29, 2019 1:57 PM

[quote] R492: That’s been my question. They say he was killed but then in the same breath tell us that he used a suicide vest to blow himself up.

I’m reminded of the Manchurian Candidate. He keeps changing the number of Commies he says are in the State Dept. Later, you see that they are satisfied that the press is debating the exact number, but not questioning where there was any evidence e of any at all.

Likewise, I don’t think we should believe anything Trump says about this without evidence and facts that have been corroborated.

by Anonymousreply 578October 29, 2019 2:02 PM

^Goddamn it. He tells on average ,12 lies a day. Every fucking question a democrat gets about something the president said, should lead with a positioning statement. For example "Well George, as you know, the president has told over 12,000 lies averaging 12 a day so chances are this is one of them. What time is it? How many has he told so far? HA HA. That said, we plan to ........"

Where is the Frank Luntz Playbook for the Democratic Party? Does DL have to write it? This pisses me off to no end. I'm a poorly educated guy with an average IQ and even I understand we start from behind with every single argument because we let them define it. The Democrats need to coordinate their messages and repeat them like they do on Fox news. Goddamn it. If I were smarter, I'd write it myself. Goddamn it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579October 29, 2019 2:18 PM

[quote] Did he feel he didn't get enough credit?

[quote] R448: When doesn't he?

R448, “But no one ever talks about that!”

by Anonymousreply 580October 29, 2019 2:25 PM

[quote] R460: Trump described it as, Baghdadi was trapped in a dead end tunnel, (he took the three children as human shields apparently). Then he set off his vest and killed himself and the children.

Trump also Described Baghdadi as whimpering, screaming, and crying; whereas the experts are saying that he just made that all up, and that there probably was no sound transmission from the tunnel.

R460, you may be right, but I think it is foolish to accept anything Trump says without verification. The man is a delusional megalomaniac, narcissist, liar, and a damn fool. That is what is most “apparent“ to me.

by Anonymousreply 581October 29, 2019 2:34 PM

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump (7 min ago)

Nervous Nancy Pelosi is doing everything possible to destroy the Republican Party. Our Polls show that it is going to be just the oppidite. The Do Nothing Dems will lose many seats in 2020. They have a Death Wish, led by a corrupt politician, Adam Schiff!

by Anonymousreply 582October 29, 2019 2:53 PM

Someone who prematurely ejaculated has already created part 8. Carry on in 20 or so more posts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583October 29, 2019 3:05 PM

[quote]oppidite

So he's tweeting with a lisp now.

by Anonymousreply 584October 29, 2019 3:06 PM

Some pigs oink, some pigs tweet.

Thanks, R582, but we all know how he thinks by now. A link would be sufficient. I hate reading his twitter shit. You don't have to indulge my snowflake sensitivity around his bullshit....I know others who don't tweet are interested....but maybe a link would be good? TIA

by Anonymousreply 585October 29, 2019 3:22 PM

Hah, r582, his typo had a typo!

by Anonymousreply 586October 29, 2019 3:40 PM

I'll make it real easy for you, R585. You can have this thread and dictate it to your liking. While I do... rather did, like and appreciate the information on this thread, (and the previous 6), I'm just not in the mood to be censured and told what to do. So... you enjoy this one, the next one, and I'm sure there will be another thread after that one, because I'm done. Maybe, it's the time of the month for my male period? Who knows? All that I do know is that I'm not in the mood and I've had enough.

Toodles....

by Anonymousreply 587October 29, 2019 3:55 PM

I would rather read Dump’s tweet on here than click a link and give him the click.

by Anonymousreply 588October 29, 2019 4:03 PM

^^^ Dunning Kruger=to stupid to know you are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 589October 29, 2019 4:17 PM

"Illuminati Secrets of Success Becoming an Alchemist of Power by Daring to Use the Sacred Agreements of Courage: Why Highly Effective People Stop Apologizing for Being Authentic"

This sounds like a made-up book title from an Onion article

by Anonymousreply 590October 29, 2019 4:26 PM

[quote]Our Polls show that it is going to be just the oppidite. (sic)

Axios: A growing number of Republicans are privately warning of increasing fears of a total wipeout in 2020: House, Senate, and White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591October 29, 2019 4:28 PM

Get him, Nancy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592October 29, 2019 4:44 PM

Her tweet is the core of the impeachment articles. She is going to keep it simple, direct and easy to understand. She is going to put a huge squeeze on GOP Senators.

by Anonymousreply 593October 29, 2019 4:48 PM

Andrea Mitchell asking about being refused communion. Fuck these people.

This is the medias'rule:

Democrats have to prove and defend every single word with the correct facts AND feelings. But Repukeitagains can spew any lie, conspiracy theory and rumor that they want ,on topic or off, and it's treated as truth, unless you can prove that it's not; right now in this moment.

Hillary was raked over the coals last week on every channel after she was MISQUOTED. Oops, apology 2 days later, page 15. No one covers it. Anus Face spews 12 lies a day, mostly in front of a helicopter so WE can't hear the questions being asked and he can say what ever he wants and NO Republican has to defend it.

by Anonymousreply 594October 29, 2019 4:59 PM

R587, It was a reasonable request. I don't give a damn if you leave this thread or if you go and fuck yourself with bloody fork until midnight. Flounce away, snowflake.

I asked respectfully and you had a snit fit. A simple no would have sufficed, or you could have ignored it.

Get some pampers for the flow because you're a bloody mess.

by Anonymousreply 595October 29, 2019 4:59 PM

R587 has stated his boundaries.

(Seriously this is the inferior thread that I had to say that. Are you all newbies?)

by Anonymousreply 596October 29, 2019 5:30 PM

[quote]Maybe, it's the time of the month for my male period?

Sure it's a male one dear?

by Anonymousreply 597October 29, 2019 5:41 PM

Yes, you're right, R596, pardon me.

R587, go die in a greasefire if you can't tell a request from a command.

by Anonymousreply 598October 29, 2019 5:45 PM

Does anyone else read this as "Venkman" and get all excited thinking Dr Peter Venkman is going to testify to the House committee?

Because "Lenny! You. Will have saved the lives of millions. Of registered voters" testifying makes me a bit giddy.

by Anonymousreply 599October 29, 2019 5:55 PM

End Thread.

by Anonymousreply 600October 29, 2019 6:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!