Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Within Treason: Chain of Fools (The Impeachment Inquiry, Part 7)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602October 25, 2019 4:36 AM

Link to previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2019 2:14 AM

Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I’m really starting to think when push comes to shove, the GOP senators will convict Trump. We only know a small fraction of the evidence so far, and even that is so overwhelmingly damning. They’ve seen how much damage he can do with the Syria debacle. I just don’t see how they won’t drop him.

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2019 2:25 AM

I think the Republican Senators already know that they are going to have to vote to remove. But they are hoping that a miracle will intervene first, to force Trump out before they have to go on the record.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2019 2:45 AM

They have to be careful, he’s like a caged and rabid animal. He’ll do anything, even tear this entire country down to the ground, to protect himself. He’s aware that he will probably go to prison if he’s out of office or doesn’t comply with Putin. I think his entire presidency is based on blackmail and the promise of freedom. He’s likely guilty of money laundering, fraud etc. and don’t forget about the 13yo he allegedly raped with Epstein. He was blackmailed to run.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2019 2:51 AM

Interesting r4

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2019 2:59 AM

Hjkkk

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2019 3:09 AM

OP’s pic: Giuliani vs Schumer

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2019 3:37 AM

Trump listened to the Fake Media?

Why would he do that?

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2019 3:51 AM

What a week! Imagine what next week will be like.

It is heartbreaking what he did to the Kurds.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2019 3:54 AM

Quite notably, most of the Rethug Senators have been fairly quiet about impeachment of late. Even Mz. Lindz has been somewhat more muted in her comments about the Ukraine mess. They know that they best not say anything that they will have to retract when the trial is over. And if the evidence is as bad as it now seems, they’ll vote to remove him.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2019 4:24 AM

Twice I've seen hjkkk. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2019 4:31 AM

Chain of Wishful thinking should be the title here! If anyone honestly believes that the GOP senators in this era will vote to remove a Republican President they must have been sleeping the past 3 years. This is the same group that has consistently favored the top .1% of the population through tax cuts, tried to eliminate Obamacare, gerrymandered Democrats out of being a majority in many states (esp. NC!) suppressed voter turnout, benefitted from Citizens United, etc.! They are not going to get off the gravy train EVER until they are consigned to the dustbin of history for treason and rooted out of every elected position including dog catcher.

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2019 4:35 AM

One of many horrible facts about Trump people keep forgetting because the crimes keep coming so fast and furious: 17 women accused him of sexual assault. Are they all liars? And for all the 17 women that came forward, how many did not?

No wonder Susan Rice was grossed out when Trump hugged her inappropriately.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2019 4:42 AM

As I watch the Cable news Democratic pundits and commentators. I'm tired of them repeating this same talking point over and over, ad nauseum, "Remember when Trump claimed he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and get away with it?" YES! - YES! - YES! - You really don't have to mention it anymore. We know!!

How about "Trump, also accused of rape by 17 women..." Just keep repeating THAT! So people finally get it!

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2019 4:47 AM

hahaha he's canceling his plans to host G7 at Doral

He must be binging on burgers in an angry frenzy tonight

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2019 5:06 AM

The hilarity of THIS justice department under THIS attorney general still not being able to find anything on Hillary's emails is just too much.

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2019 5:59 AM

Hillary blew Richard Speck

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2019 7:15 AM

I believe that the blackmail runs very DEEP for most of this GOP trash. Hell, to my dismay but only to the shock of dozens - half of them are Uncle Tom, closet homosexuals who do not fool anyone (Gym Jordan, Moscow Mitch, Loose Lindsey, "Mother" VP Pence, Gay Gaetz, No one is Schocked, and on and on and on...). The blackmail obviously runs deeper than just being homosexual, but clearly there is a lot of lot there for most of these criminals..

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2019 7:29 AM

Pelosi and House delegation travel to Jordan to discuss Syria crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2019 8:45 AM

R14, There’s a new book about this coming out, called All The President’s Women. It has accounts from at least 42 women.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2019 8:46 AM

[quote](Gym Jordan, Moscow Mitch, Loose Lindsey, "Mother" VP Pence, Gay Gaetz,

Loose? Thought getting accommodated by Miss Thang was fierce competition?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2019 9:08 AM

McConnell will pull some stunt where the to-convict vote in the Senate will be secret so the public doesn't know who voted in favor to of saving Trump's ass. McConnell will not care. He's all in to keep Trump in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2019 9:29 AM

wonder if Manchin will side with repubs again like for Kavanaugh

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2019 9:44 AM

R18, you left Tim Scott off your list.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2019 10:21 AM

We forget that the reason the Republicans co-sign and enable is because while they may object to HOW he says it, they mostly agree with him. As for blackmail, I guess in some cases it's true but in other cases it's a matter of money, bribery and intimidation. The Pete Sessions bribe was a good example. For years Russian "businessmen" have been pouring millions into "lobbying firms" like Manafort's, and those lobbyists were a pass through for members of Congress. After Citizens United, a tidal wave of dark money flooded Congress and a lot of it came directly from oligarchs to super pacs. There was no accountability. The fact remains that it is illegal to accept gifts from representatives of foreign governments, but they managed to draw a vague distinction.

We've talked about Manafort, Black &Stone as the sleaziest lobbyists out here, but no one mentions BGR. Haley Barbour who served as governor of Mississippi, in the early 2000's and was Chair of the RNC for a while in the early 90's was and remains a top Lobbyist. His firm,BGR and has clients like Alpha Bank and the government of Khazakstan, Chevron-Ukraine, and several other clients (oil gas and U.S. tobacco) with ties to Russian mafia/businessmen. Pure Filth.Right now he chairs some Immigration Policy Group for the GOP. Immigration is the major weapon in Putin's worldwide strategy to sow division and violence across Europe and destabilize the continent, and it has obviously been weaponized here at home. I'd love to see some good investigative journalist put BGR under the microscope. I'm sure this is what some of us meant when we talked about the rumors of a web, or network of RUssian operatives who had been compromised.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2019 11:06 AM

wanted to add that I believe in most cases it's pretty straight forward. I give you money to do something for me. If, at some point, you fail to do it, your wife or kids may have a car accident, or you may fall off a balcony. Now if you like underaged kids, or you like group sex in fleabag motels, that's a bonus. Matt Gaetz would be a Russian dream. He is such a pig.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2019 11:10 AM

^ So are you saying that perhaps Matt Gaetz is, or isn't, an aficionado of underage kids (boys?) or depraved motel sex?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2019 12:38 PM

Generals are openly letting Republican senators (among others) know where they stand. (Only the retired ones using their names, of course.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2019 12:44 PM

The frustrating thing is that a lot of Republican officials disagree with Trump, but still support him, because to them - no matter what- it's party over country aka self-interest over the good for the country. They act "concerned" or outraged, but that's all. It's all an act.

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2019 1:20 PM

Mark Esperanto, Secretary of Defense, “The ceasefire is holding up very nicely. There are some minor skirmishes that have ended quickly. New areas being resettled with the Kurds.” USA soldiers are not in combat or ceasefire zones. We have secured the Oil. Bringing soldiers home!

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2019 1:55 PM

Ĉu Mark Esperanto povas paroli Esperanton?

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2019 1:58 PM

[quote]McConnell will pull some stunt where the to-convict vote in the Senate will be secret so the public doesn't know who voted in favor to of saving Trump's ass.

If the vote were held in secret, most Republican Senators would vote to remove Trump.

"Mike Murphy, who helped run presidential campaigns for senators John McCain and Mitt Romney, said as many as 30 Republican senators would vote to remove President Trump from the White House if the ballot were kept secret."

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2019 2:34 PM

Steve Bannon, and he may be serious rather than deflecting, suggests if Trump survives an impeachment inquiry, Trump could face a challenge from Mike Bloomberg or Hillary Clinton for 2020.

If find that difficult to believe unless the Democratic Convention is hopelessly deadlocked.

[quote]And if Trump makes it out of a House impeachment probe alive, the 65-year-old ex-Breitbart News chairman says the president may have to face surprising — and viable — challengers in 2020 in Mike Bloomberg or Hillary Clinton.

[quote]He predicted a total Biden implosion by the end of the year and a centrist revolt against Elizabeth Warren.

Maybe Bannon is being mischievous as a Trump promoter, or he is being frank as a political strategist from his often unusual viewpoint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2019 2:48 PM

[quote]or he is being frank as a political strategist from his often unusual viewpoint

Or from his typical, idiotically blinkered viewpoint.

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2019 3:01 PM

Steve Bannon is a shit-stirring troll who exports hate and fear mongering all over the world. He's a dangerous man.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2019 3:03 PM

The pattern of laundering money through real estate has far reaching consequences in this country - REIFs are dangerous for this reason as those living in REIF controlled housing have little recourse when it comes to fighting slum landlord practices or erroneous (even purposeful in certain markets) foreclosures. There was a contingent of RE investors in my small town looking for large swaths of land. They were Russian.

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2019 3:20 PM

NBC:

AG Barr expands mysterious review into origin of Russia investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2019 3:27 PM

[quote]Steve Bannon, and he may be serious rather than deflecting, suggests if Trump survives an impeachment inquiry, Trump could face a challenge from Mike Bloomberg or Hillary Clinton for 2020.

Steve Bannon and Michael Moore must be hanging out and drinking beers together.

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2019 3:29 PM

Here's r28 without the paywall....

WaPo: ‘They are livid’: Trump’s withdrawal from Syria prompts rare public criticism from current, former military officials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2019 3:34 PM

R32, Republicans are such cowards.

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2019 3:35 PM

I watched ABC's Sunday show, and the panel all agreed that Trump should be in friend-making-mode with the Republican Senators. But what nobody said was - that's not who Trump is. When Trump is told to do something, he does the opposite and doubles down.

Rahm said that when Trump's numbers did below 40, the Republican Senators will back off him. Heidi said it would be more dependent on the state numbers - a lot of Senators are up for re-election and they aren't going to abandon Trump if their constituents still support him. She said where things are interesting are in states like Michigan and Wisconsin - 1/3 think it's a witch hunt; 1/3 want to hang Trump; the other 1/3 are waiting to make a decision. If that last third goes for impeachment, Trump is in real trouble.

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2019 3:37 PM

"Dip" below 40, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2019 3:38 PM

It's about the numbers, but it's also about the perception. When Trump is finally perceived as weakening the US, threatening the economy, and stealing from the taxpayers instead of "making us great" and "draining the swamp," then the Republicans will feel free to run away from him.

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2019 3:54 PM

R32 I don't believe Murphy unless there is some wild new outrage that the GOP senators can't ignore. While the media have been busy distracting everyone with the clown show going on in the WH, the real GOP agenda is working behind the scenes quite successfully. They have stuffed the courts with right wing idealogues, gutted the EPA, cut taxes for the 1% and corporate overlords; and screwed the middle class. This is what they've ALWAYS wanted to do. Another 4 years of this and Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid will be greatly curtailed. Our infrastructure is becoming like eastern Europe and income disparity is closer to African and South American countries than Europe's already. The only industrialized countries as uneven as the US are South Africa and Russia! The GINI Index should be required reading for morons who don't understand this last point!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2019 3:56 PM

The Hill:

Mulvaney seeks to correct quid pro quo remarks in withering interview with Fox's Chris Wallace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2019 3:57 PM

Maggie Haberman is saying that Kushner wants to replace Mulvaney. So maybe Mulvaney's slip up wasn't as accidental as it seems, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2019 4:05 PM

There is a frightening story in the NY Times about how the Trump campaign under Parscale is outmaneuvering the Democrats in social media ads.

It's long but worth reading. Hopefully the clueless campaign managers for the Dem candidates will get a badly needed wake up call.

Granted we're dealing with expenditures among multiple candidates vs. one incumbent, but still...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2019 4:11 PM

Advertising and commercials are irrelevant. "He said, she said...". Everyone already knows who they're voting for.

by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2019 4:23 PM

Funny: in 2016 no Republican wanted to be seen with Trump. Now they have a chance to get rid of him and suddenly he's the greatest?

Lucky for Dotard, the Christian Supremacists offered to embrace him if he made Mike Pence VP. Pence brought with him Kellyanne Conway and the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 49October 20, 2019 4:31 PM

I really hope the economy crashes...when people are suffering they will blame him. Even as he deflects the fault to the Fed or some other scapegoat he will be damaged badly.

by Anonymousreply 50October 20, 2019 4:31 PM

"Matt Gaetz would be a Russian dream. He is such a pig."

Details, please! I hate this asshole so bad.

by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2019 5:03 PM

You also forgot Susie Collins. Before she was a senator, she used to attend gay pride stuff all the time and many assumed she was gay. Then a sudden marriage in her 50s after being unmarried. She’s being blackmailed as well. But it’s not working since Maine hates her now.

by Anonymousreply 52October 20, 2019 5:07 PM

Is Susie a butch or a femme?

by Anonymousreply 53October 20, 2019 5:09 PM

[quote]I really hope the economy crashes...when people are suffering they will blame him.

No. I dislike Trump immensely. But wanting people to lose their life savings, homes, and jobs is not something to embrace. Working people, including Democrats, suffer too. 2008 and the aftermath was bad. The recovery has taken years. Another tanking could be worse, tossing millions more into poverty.

by Anonymousreply 54October 20, 2019 5:10 PM

I heard Mulvaney's interview with Chris Wallace was a disaster. Did anyone see it?

Pelosi and Dems looking presidential and in charge by traveling to the Middle East. She outmanueverd Trump again!

by Anonymousreply 55October 20, 2019 5:15 PM

R54 I don't want financial struggles for people either, but the truth is there already ARE people struggling -- farmers, rust belt, etc.

by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2019 5:18 PM

The Republicans stink. They are passive in their support of the imbecile, and they may privately abhor him. The one or two who supports the impeachment inquiry are doing so, because they nothing to lose. The vast majority are putting party over country.

And it will get worse.

by Anonymousreply 57October 20, 2019 5:32 PM

[quote] Chain of Wishful thinking should be the title here! If anyone honestly believes that the GOP senators in this era will vote to remove a Republican President they must have been sleeping the past 3 years.

Nonsense. The ground is shifting. No, we are not there yet, but this past week was a revelation about how weak tRump is. And, for Republicans, how dangerous and stupid he is. The G-7/Doral fiasco was particularly illustrative. That they thought this was the right time to announce that — during the wildly unpopular Kurdish debacle — shows exactly how out-of-touch they are. As more people abandon ship it will get worse. Much worse for Cheatolini.

[quote] Fox's Chris Wallace said a "well-connected" Washington Republican told him that there's a 20 percent chance enough Republicans will vote to remove the president from office in an impeachment trial in the Senate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 20, 2019 5:39 PM

[Quote]I heard Mulvaney's interview with Chris Wallace was a disaster. Did anyone see it?

It wasn't really a disaster. He claimed people were twisting his words and there never was a quid pro quo. Wallace said that was not true and corrected him. He also said the typical stuff about Biden trying to fire that prosecutor and Wallace did not correct him. He did not know that people were apparently concerned about Hunter Biden in 2015 when Biden was still VP. Said he was busy with other stuff this week. Haha. Also said resigning never crossed his mind and thinks he does a great job. He was not surprised about the Doral and admitted they got some backlash for that but Trump was in the "Hospitality business" and only had good intentions. Wallace reminded him that Trump was the president.

I really did not hate him that much. He seems to be educated, intelligent and "sane".....if you compare him to Miller, Gym Jordan or Gaetz who are totally repulsive and insane .

by Anonymousreply 59October 20, 2019 5:41 PM

The policy in Syria has vividly illustrated the perils of Trump's diplomacy. It's blown off for good the idea that Republicans are the "grown-ups in the room" on foreign and military policy. It clarified the political stakes like nothing else in the last 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 60October 20, 2019 5:46 PM

The Russians have been laundering money through real estate, many with Trump's help in Florida and NYC since the 90's. But here's the thing. Once Trump's business practices were exposed with the Russians and their shell companies, etc. I think or at least I hope the Feds would be looking for similar patterns with other American big shots in the world of international investing.

We know the Zuckerbergs, Gates, Buffet, Mark Cuban, Soros, the Kochs, the Mercers, etc. But there are a lot of invisible Hedge fund multi-millionaires and even billionaires out here. We need to look at lobbying firms, and political contributions to the Bush White House from 1999 to 2008. We even need to examine the various causes and practices that led to our financial meltdown, (so much it caused by mortgage s and banking, financial services.) and look at them in the context of what the Russians were up to in the fields of banking, finance and lending.

Trump cannot be the only guy in the room. I'm convinced of it. Especially when you consider Wilbur Ross's relationship to the Bank of Cyprus and Justice Kennedy's son to Deutsche Bank. I bet Mueller's team of experts was unraveling some of that, but they were stopped. More loose ends remain unexplored.

by Anonymousreply 61October 20, 2019 6:01 PM

Funny, for some reason I have a hard time believing anything Rethugs say about what they would be willing to do in a secret vote.

Strike that, I have a hard time believing anything a Republicunt has to say about anything.

by Anonymousreply 62October 20, 2019 6:06 PM

No one is coming to Mulvaney's aid -- Pompeo,Barr, even Trump.

Is he not long for this WH world?

by Anonymousreply 63October 20, 2019 6:09 PM

That may be true, r56, but those fuckwitted imbeciles say they will still vote for him.

These types will slit their own throats just to "own the libs" and if they're that fucking stupid after losing their asses, they get what they deserve.

Same with the military. McRaven said he doesn't like Democrats but . . . WTF ever, asshole. Who made you go down in history? Wasn't a shitstain rethug now, was it, prick? No. It was a Democrat.

Every last one of these military types who continue to support rethugs needs kicked in the dick and punched in the mouth every day. If you still support this cuntbone after the shit he's pulled on the military, you're too goddamned dumb to live.

And Bannon is a weeping human scab. If someone threw some peroxide on him, he'd probably scream and foam up.

by Anonymousreply 64October 20, 2019 6:19 PM

McRaven said he doesn't like Democrats? What was the exact quote? What did he say about the Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 65October 20, 2019 6:28 PM

[quote]And Bannon is a weeping human scab. If someone threw some peroxide on him, he'd probably scream and foam up.

Just guessing here; alcoholism, high blood sugar, a need to use a skin astringent regularly. and has ignored the need to visit a dermatologist and follow a prescribed treatment plan. Then maybe, it's all genetic. Still, there are ways to improve a condition. He may not care about grooming.

by Anonymousreply 66October 20, 2019 7:05 PM

[quote]He may not care about grooming.

Understatement of the year.

by Anonymousreply 67October 20, 2019 7:10 PM

R63, when their time comes, Pompeo, Barr, Gym Jordan, Tim Cotten, Lindsey, etc., and they find themselves in the same position when they outlive their usefulness. No one will come to their rescue. These rats never learn. I don't know why any of them think that they will be the exception. They're all nibbling on the same piece of cheese.

by Anonymousreply 68October 20, 2019 7:26 PM

r68, they will cry all the way to the bank ... and to their next cushy, lobby job. These guys have no dignity or shame.

by Anonymousreply 69October 20, 2019 7:30 PM

"STOP LYING ON MY SHOW!" Stephanopoulos SHUT UP Mike Pompeo When He Tries To COVER UP Trump’s Abuses

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 20, 2019 7:44 PM

The Hill:

DOJ: McGahn, Trump Jr. did not testify before Mueller grand jury

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 20, 2019 7:54 PM

R71, because Barr pulled the plug on the investigation. That's the story that will come out next.

R70, any idea as to when in the 40+ minute show you linked he tells him to shut up?

by Anonymousreply 72October 20, 2019 7:56 PM

USA Today:

White House stonewalling? Democrats overreaching? Supreme Court justices may be asked to decide

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 20, 2019 7:59 PM

[quote]White House stonewalling? Democrats overreaching? Supreme Court justices may be asked to decide

Would the Court require Gorsuch and Kavanaugh to recuse?

by Anonymousreply 74October 20, 2019 8:03 PM

CNN....Francis Rooney: GOP congressman open to impeaching Trump said 'what I've heard so far is quite troubling'

Rep. Francis Rooney, a Florida Republican who appears open to impeaching President Donald Trump, said Sunday that what he's seen so far in the ongoing Trump-Ukraine scandal is "quite troubling."

CNN's Jake Tapper asked Rooney on "State of the Union" if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi hypothetically called a vote tomorrow to launch an impeachment inquiry, "How do you think you'd go?"

Rooney said he wasn't "100% sure right this second."

He added, "I want to hear what Ambassador (Bill) Taylor has to say Tuesday, and I'm hoping to have a chance to hear Ambassador (John) Bolton before any of that would happen, because what I've heard so far is quite troubling."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 20, 2019 8:05 PM

Yeah a profile in courage. Rooney announced he isn't running for reelection but well.. we'll take his vote.

by Anonymousreply 76October 20, 2019 8:08 PM

[bold]Mick Mulvaney Melts Down Under Brutal Grilling By Fox’s Chris Wallace[/bold]

Isn't this the same guy that looks like the melting face from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 20, 2019 8:33 PM

^Watch the video. I did not see a meltdown nor brutal grilling. Typical Republican talking points and Wallace corrected him a couple of times. I really wish some of these fuckers would have a big meltdown on one of these shows. I just watched 15 min of Pompeo and he was never told to shut up and stop lying. He hardly answered any questions.

by Anonymousreply 78October 20, 2019 8:45 PM

R74, there's no reason for automatic recusal. Because federal judges are appointed for life, the President can't threaten them if they do not rule in his favor. (The Chief Justice of the Court that ruled against Nixon in the Watergate case had been nominated by Nixon). The complicating factor in all of this is Kavanaugh. Gorsuch was the type of judge who would wind up on the Court. But Kavanaugh is undistinguished, a flaming mess as a person, and was nominated when Trump was clearly in legal trouble. People will always suspect that he wound up on the Court due to some "arrangement" with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 79October 20, 2019 8:54 PM

How DID his debts get paid off?

by Anonymousreply 80October 20, 2019 9:00 PM

What is Trump's real relationship with Lev Parnas?

by Anonymousreply 81October 20, 2019 9:03 PM

[quote] I just watched 15 min of Pompeo and he was never told to shut up and stop lying. He hardly answered any questions.

Same. I felt like Mayor Shinn in the Music Man. I went through that whole video and heard nothing even remotely close to R70’s claim about George shutting up Pompeo by directing him to “stop lying.” He didn’t answer any questions. He tied everything to deliberative process.

by Anonymousreply 82October 20, 2019 9:17 PM

I really did not hate him [Mulvaney] that much. He seems to be educated, intelligent and "sane".....if you compare him to Miller, Gym Jordan or Gaetz who are totally repulsive and insane.

If he was so intelligent, he wouldn't find himself in the mess he's in now, trying to convince us he didn't say what he said.

by Anonymousreply 83October 20, 2019 9:26 PM

Why lie about Stephanouphaluphagus telling Pompeo to stop lying on his show?

by Anonymousreply 84October 20, 2019 9:28 PM

"Advertising and commercials are irrelevant. "He said, she said...". Everyone already knows who they're voting for."

Hmmm - if that's true, why should any of these campaign spend all that $$$ on social media and other ads then? Do you have some magic wisdom that none of the campaign directors don't?

by Anonymousreply 85October 20, 2019 9:28 PM

[quote]Stephanouphaluphagus

Ha ha—remember when "Friends" tried to treat him as a huge sex symbol that made Courtney Cox cream her drawers?

by Anonymousreply 86October 20, 2019 9:35 PM

[Quote]If he was so intelligent, he wouldn't find himself in the mess he's in now, trying to convince us he didn't say what he said.

R83 I only meant he seemed intelligent and levelheaded compared to Miller, Gaetz or Gym Jordan. He's still a lying little weasel.

by Anonymousreply 87October 20, 2019 10:02 PM

R70, why did you lie about what happened in that video? I just wasted 15 minutes listening to that fat fuck Pompeo lying and stonewalling. But nothing like what you described took place during the interview.

We’re you just projecting this whole time as clearly YOU are the liar?

by Anonymousreply 88October 20, 2019 10:05 PM

r88, and r84, I copied and pasted the title from YT. Sorry to disappoint you.

But it is a smug fuck interview from Pompeo. And the reflexive hate posted here is remarkable.

'

R70, and people should watch it.

by Anonymousreply 89October 20, 2019 10:20 PM

Takedown of comparisons of Trump's fiasco in Syria with the Bush/Obama withdrawal from Iraq—functions as a step-by-step indictment of Trump's horrendous policy errors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 20, 2019 10:31 PM

Well, R89, you clearly didn’t even watch the video before posting because the copied and pasted title was not correct. This isn’t “reflexive hate” (hyperbolic much?). It’s your about your inability to admit fault.

by Anonymousreply 91October 20, 2019 10:35 PM

Misleading headlines form part of the disinformation campaign we are assaulted with everyday as research shows people often don't read the article or video clip in question. By changing the headline, bad actors create a false impression to those predisposed to believe it.

YouTube's visual layout facilitates this little "trick" by showing a small thumbnail next to each video. Surprising, the thumbnail does not have to be from the video itself. Moreover, pirated videos, posted by third parties can feature altered headlines, misleading thumbnails, allowing viewers to jump to conclusion. Few watch and report to YT.

by Anonymousreply 92October 20, 2019 11:00 PM

Lindsey is interviewed by Jonathan Swam of Axios.

[quote]"Sure. I mean ... show me something that ... is a crime," Graham told Axios' Jonathan Swan. "If you could show me that, you know, Trump actually was engaging in a quid pro quo, outside the phone call, that would be very disturbing."

Maybe Lindsey wasn't invited to golf with Trump this weekend? Lindsey has been all over Fox, but that's the norm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 20, 2019 11:01 PM

So, I was just reading about Senators who are facing trouble in their reelection bids: Ernst (IA), McSally (AZ) and Tillis (NC). They apparently are being outraised by competitors. So, let's put them in the column of those hypothetically likely to vote to remove Trump (along with others who are in trouble or who are "troubled" by Trump's conduct). We've got: Romney (UT); Rooney (FL); Collins (ME); Ernst (IA); McSally (AZ); and Tillis (NC).

Who else can be added to the list?

by Anonymousreply 94October 20, 2019 11:07 PM

Rooney is in the House of Representatives, R94, not the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 95October 20, 2019 11:08 PM

The "blind trust" that never was.

[quote]The US president still considers himself to be in the hospitality business, his chief of staff has said. Mick Mulvaney was explaining why President Trump had wanted to host next year's G7 summit at one of his resorts in Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 20, 2019 11:10 PM

Thanks R95. Let's correct the list: Romney (UT), Collins (ME), Ernst (IA), McSally (AZ) and Tillis (NC). Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 97October 20, 2019 11:11 PM

Toomey (PA)

Gardner (CO)

by Anonymousreply 98October 20, 2019 11:23 PM

Thanks R98. Updated List: Romney (UT); Collins (ME); Ernst (IA); McSally (AZ); Tillis (NC); Toomeny (PA) and Gardner (CO).

I like this trend.

by Anonymousreply 99October 20, 2019 11:34 PM

.4e-tweeted by Kellyanne, Pompeo's outfit is focused on Hillary's Emails. Pompeo projecting? He ain't solving the Syria fiasco.

Those Emails have already been investigated dozens of times including by Comey, multiple Congressional Committees, and the State Department prior.

And what is Kellyanne doing other than violating the Hatch Act? Nobody wants to interview her anymore. Even Fox has cooled some to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 20, 2019 11:34 PM

I’ll bet that Lisa Murkowsi from Alaska would be willing to toss tRump overboard. She voted against Kavanope.

That would make eight — so almost halfway there. We need 19 plus all the Dems and the two Independents, correct?

Not sure where the other 11 would come from, but if things break poorly for tRump, it might not matter.

by Anonymousreply 101October 20, 2019 11:37 PM

Gym is madder than a hen in a wet jockstrap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 20, 2019 11:42 PM

[quote] Updated List: Romney (UT); Collins (ME); Ernst (IA); McSally (AZ); Tillis (NC); Toomeny (PA) and Gardner (CO).

We need 67 votes for removal, McConnell has lifeboats a ready for those who need to vote to remove to be reelected.

by Anonymousreply 103October 20, 2019 11:45 PM

I hope Lamar Alecxander comes through. And I really hope more Military brass speaks out or at least talks to their favorite Senators. The Military guys are listened to on the Hill.

by Anonymousreply 104October 20, 2019 11:46 PM

If certain big donors decide to support impeachment, some Senators will turn.

Keep in mind, as evidence builds, the stronger the case. Politicians want cover. In Trump world, new violations can happen weekly. Six or so weeks is a long time without another big Trump 'mess-up' happening He will get increasingly frantic and irrational as impeahment draws closer.

by Anonymousreply 105October 21, 2019 12:19 AM

On a personal level, I doubt McConnell likes Trump. What McConnell wants most for 2020, is to be re-elected, ànd the Republicans retain the majority in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 106October 21, 2019 12:31 AM

NO ONE likes Trump. Apparently, he’s never had a single real friend.

by Anonymousreply 107October 21, 2019 12:42 AM

Regardless of what is revealed, DJT's cult, 37% +/- a couple of points of the electorate, will refuse to embrace it. Nevertheless, impeach in the House. Force the Senate to hear the evidence during the Senate trial, have the vote recorded of each and every Senator.

by Anonymousreply 108October 21, 2019 12:48 AM

[quote]NO ONE likes Trump. Apparently, he’s never had a single real friend.

But he had a great lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 109October 21, 2019 2:25 AM

r92, thanks for that reminder that thumbnail descriptions are being altered. A lie repeated becomes the truth for some. This is one of the reasons that people who never read the Mueller report believe that it exonerated Trump - because William Barr said so - even though Mueller said that Barr misrepresented the findings of his report.

by Anonymousreply 110October 21, 2019 3:42 AM

R104 You are delusional if you think Tom Tillis (Sycophant R-NC) is going to vote to convict Trump. When he didn't get behind the border wall, a multi-millionaire was all set to primary him! He has since been brought to heel by the true believers, who are the entire GOP in NC. He was the speaker of the NC House when the GOP took over and was responsible for a multitude of political chicanery that still hasn't been undone. His greatest hits include Voter Identification legislation so onerous it was struck down by the courts. Redrawing legislative districts so that even though the majority in NC voted Dem in 2018, the state legislature remains firmly in control of the Rethugs although the Governor is now a Democrat. In his run for Senate he was a client of Cambridge Analytica, and barely squeaked by an incumbent Democrat, now do the math.

by Anonymousreply 111October 21, 2019 4:47 AM

As noted, if Dump had gone forward with the Doral meeting, likely only a fraction of the G-7 would have attended - due to their own nations’ anti-corruption statutes.

At a short handed (G-4) summit, it would be much more difficult for Dump and Barr to achieve what they so feverishly seek: lifting of Ukrainian sanctions on Putin, before the next US election.

by Anonymousreply 112October 21, 2019 4:47 AM

As outsiders to the US we get our MSNBC and CNN videos from youtube. The uploaders have changed over the years and now they routinely post misleading titles to their videos. Other changes include cutting out a few seconds here and there, looping, and misrepresenting content and length. But sometimes it is difficult to keep up with what is happening from a central/central left POV because there is little access except through YT and we are stuck with what's available.

by Anonymousreply 113October 21, 2019 5:42 AM

Try this R113 for MSNBC.

The link I posted to This Week, ABC, was before I watched my own DVR'd copy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 21, 2019 6:14 AM

Uhh... Trump is really going off the rails.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 21, 2019 6:49 AM

His skin looks like SPAM.

by Anonymousreply 116October 21, 2019 7:24 AM

There's a reason for that...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 21, 2019 7:44 AM

Tillis is on the endangered list along with several other Republicans. He can vote to remove Trump, express regret that Trump engaged in illegal behavior, and throw his 100% support behind President Mike Pence and Pence's vow to support the border. I imagine the party line will be that Trump meant well, but he didn't understand the bounds of Executive Power, a mistake that Pence won't make. Unless Pence is thrown out too, Pence will be held up as the Republican savior, and all of the Republican Senators will stand behind him. By the time that Elizabeth Warren wins the Democratic primary - which is a distinct possibility - the Republicans will be all about demonizing Warren full-time, and all will be forgiven in NC.

by Anonymousreply 118October 21, 2019 8:34 AM

Trump is no stranger betrayal, why should we be any different. I'm sure he had "treasonous reasons"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 21, 2019 9:39 AM

He’s a lunatic who doesn’t understand how the government he ostensibly leads actually works. A deposition of Schiff. Sure. Good luck with that. Who’s going to be deposing him? In what legal setting? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 120October 21, 2019 10:59 AM

Russia warns Greeks that they can face same fate as the Kurds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 21, 2019 11:03 AM

Turkey laughs at Trump's Syria Policy; Turkey is not afraid of sanctions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 21, 2019 11:07 AM

Ohioans need to work on Rob Portman.

by Anonymousreply 123October 21, 2019 11:18 AM

I agree about Portman, but right now Ohio is firmly on the Conservative side, and unless Kasich has some magic he's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 124October 21, 2019 12:00 PM

[quote]Ohioans need to work on Rob Portman.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 125October 21, 2019 12:01 PM

On the Today Show they ran a clip of La Senatrice saying she would “consider” voting to remove tRump IF there is more evidence of a quid pro quo other than the phone call — which she apparently thinks is just peachy keen.

by Anonymousreply 126October 21, 2019 12:09 PM

Lindsey needs the "smoking gun." He wants Audio or something in writing. Then he will say, "Well they could doctor the audio or forge the written stuff...." No, what Lindsey needs is for his many generals over at the DoD to take him in the back room and assure him they will hand his ass to him if he doesn't help them get rid of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 127October 21, 2019 12:25 PM

Politico:

General Jim Mattis's ex-speechwriter says Mattis hoped Trump's first Pentagon briefing would educate Trump on the U.S. commitment to the world.

Instead, Trump talked about Macron's handshake and declared, "I want a 'Victory Day' ... The Fourth of July is too hot."

by Anonymousreply 128October 21, 2019 12:32 PM

R114 Thank you so much, it works brilliantly.

by Anonymousreply 129October 21, 2019 12:52 PM

This horror will not be over until the fat lady ACTUALLY sings. No imitations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 21, 2019 1:23 PM

[quote]what Lindsey needs is for his many generals over at the DoD to take him in the back room

Well that part, I cannot deny, makes me flush and tingly.

by Anonymousreply 131October 21, 2019 1:36 PM

Politico:

Trump’s money machine triggers Democratic alarms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 21, 2019 1:51 PM

The Hill:

Diplomats describe all-time low in morale at State under Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 21, 2019 1:55 PM

Reuters:

Trump impeachment probe to focus on more key witnesses this week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 21, 2019 1:57 PM

Go DEMS!

Fuck Trump.

by Anonymousreply 135October 21, 2019 2:06 PM

USA Today:

'Crazy' and a 'hand grenade': Here's how House impeachment witnesses describe elements of Trump's Ukraine policy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 21, 2019 2:10 PM

Reuters:

Supreme Court tosses challenge to Republican-drawn Michigan electoral maps

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 21, 2019 3:08 PM

New FEC filings show that Len Blavatnik has started pouring serious money into Kevin McCarthy's coffers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 21, 2019 3:10 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Pierre Delecto!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 21, 2019 3:11 PM

Washington Post:

‘C’est moi’: Mitt Romney admits to running secret Twitter account under the alias ‘Pierre Delecto’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 21, 2019 3:21 PM

^I expected he followed the KKK with his secret account, but it's mostly just boring stuff. I assume every celebrity or politician has multiple secret SM accounts to follow media, friends, family or opponents.

by Anonymousreply 141October 21, 2019 3:26 PM

Private photos of Lev Parnas show his relationship to Trump and Giuliani (and there are at least a couple pics of him with FL governor Ron De Santis)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 21, 2019 3:45 PM

You remember, surely, that Trump denied knowing Lev Parnas, one the Giuliani-connected Ukrainians arrested recently. Pictures proving that Trump did, in fact, know Parnas surfaced almost immediately. Now, it turns out, Parnas had secret Instagram account documenting his relationship with Trump and Giuliani. It includes a thank you note to him from Trump and Melania, and a picture of Trump's legal team celebrating after Barr released his fake "summary" of the Mueller Report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 21, 2019 3:45 PM

Pierre Delecto?!? That sounds like a character from Arrested Development.

by Anonymousreply 144October 21, 2019 3:50 PM

Delecto 2020

by Anonymousreply 145October 21, 2019 3:51 PM

Gene Parmesan for running mate.

by Anonymousreply 146October 21, 2019 3:59 PM

R143 Trump and Melania thanked him for his friendship. Lol.

Giuliani is awfully quiet these days. Right after the Ukraine scandal he was on every TV network 24/7 presenting his evidence and conspiracy theories. Non stop Twitter messages etc. Has anyone seen him lately? No word of support from his "friends" at the WH, DoJ or the Trump family?

Too bad getting involved with Trump and his crime family completely ruined his "legacy" and reputation and will hopefully also cost him his freedom and license.

by Anonymousreply 147October 21, 2019 4:00 PM

It would be one hell of an upside if, because of Trump, Giuliani gets Karma to kick him in the gunt. Repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 148October 21, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote]Supreme Court tosses challenge to Republican-drawn Michigan electoral maps

Justice Elena Kagan accused the majority of refusing to remedy a constitutional violation “because it thinks the task beyond judicial capabilities.”

Partisan gerrymanders in North Carolina and Maryland “deprived citizens of the most fundamental of their constitutional rights: the rights to participate equally in the political process, to join with others to advance political beliefs, and to choose their political representatives,” Kagan wrote.

“In so doing, the partisan gerrymanders here debased and dishonored our democracy, turning upside-down the core American idea that all governmental power derives from the people.”

by Anonymousreply 149October 21, 2019 4:12 PM

The DoJ under Barr has collaborated with Rudy Giuliani. Now, DoJ is distancing itself from Rudy.

Yeah, after it was exposed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 21, 2019 4:51 PM

Politico:

Judge: No Godfather clip for Stone trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 21, 2019 5:09 PM

Lindsey and Rand Paul continue feuding to be Trump's favorite

Trump had the two together at a golf outiñg recently. One supposes the Trump brokered truce between the two was short-lived

Lindsey has had a spat with Tom Cotton as well.

Does Lindsey want Trump all to oneself, and will battle any other Senator suitors?

What about those House guys i.e. J Jordan, Gaetz, Biggs, Meadows, Gohmert, etc. But those House members don't have the status of a Senator.

by Anonymousreply 152October 21, 2019 5:10 PM

link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 21, 2019 5:11 PM

^ I had forgotten about the hot mess known as Roger Stone!

by Anonymousreply 154October 21, 2019 5:14 PM

Why isn't Giuliani disbarred yet? Every single of his crazy TV appearances for the last year or two, should've resulted in disbarment. Who wants this crazy, old coot still make a mockery of the lawyer profession?

by Anonymousreply 155October 21, 2019 5:16 PM

Trump on MSNBC bitching and moaning lol. So upset!

by Anonymousreply 156October 21, 2019 5:16 PM

R155: The same folks who allow Trump to make a mockery of the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 157October 21, 2019 5:17 PM

Politico:

Acting head of OMB refuses to testify in House impeachment probe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 21, 2019 5:20 PM

NYT:

Facebook Discloses New Disinformation Campaigns From Russia and Iran

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 21, 2019 5:22 PM

Zuckerberg could make himself look like a national hero by disclosing all the attempts of Russia trying to use Facebook as platform to share disinformation.

by Anonymousreply 160October 21, 2019 5:25 PM

The Hill:

Trump dismisses 'phony Emoluments Clause' after Doral criticism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 21, 2019 5:31 PM

The OBM chief and everyone else who refuses to testify should be jailed, one after another, and not in a cushy prison.

by Anonymousreply 162October 21, 2019 5:33 PM

Gordon Sondland probably lusts after his gay twink son’s ass.

Besides jailing these assholes for ignoring subpoenas, they should also be doxxed.

by Anonymousreply 163October 21, 2019 5:43 PM

Agree, r162.

Although personally, I would prefer heads on pikes.

To paraphrase Stewie, "Nothing says obey (a subpoena) like a bloody head on a fencepost."

by Anonymousreply 164October 21, 2019 5:45 PM

What's this about Sondland's gay twink son?

by Anonymousreply 165October 21, 2019 5:45 PM

R161, he’s this close to saying that the Constitution is phony.

by Anonymousreply 166October 21, 2019 5:58 PM

Pence has refused to cooperate with subpoenas. If Trump resigns or removed, Pence must be prevented from ascending to the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 167October 21, 2019 6:03 PM

'Mother' sticks her neck out for Trump to protect hubby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 21, 2019 6:07 PM

George Conway ain't holding back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 21, 2019 6:10 PM

Doesn't Kellyanne need a new, fresh DL thread devoted to her?

The others got too stinky, no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 21, 2019 6:16 PM

He has said it's phony since the Emoluments Clause IS part of the Constitution. Our legal system flows from our COnstitution and from the Book of Common Law. Civil and criminal litigation all comes from those two sources. And BTW it was Alexander Hamilton who wrote all the Federalist Papers about impeaching and expelling/removing a ig like Trump. They knew. Lincoln knew. Only the MAGAts in 2019 don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 171October 21, 2019 6:21 PM

I love how Romney's admission is in French. That won't play to the cornfields, though!

by Anonymousreply 172October 21, 2019 6:24 PM

Carter Page boasting about his court date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 21, 2019 6:26 PM

I really hope the judge slaps a "no Twitter" rule on him.

by Anonymousreply 174October 21, 2019 6:30 PM

Trump lied. Hebert Hoover and John F. Kennedy gave up their presidential salaries.

by Anonymousreply 175October 21, 2019 6:32 PM

I would surmise, after all the reading I've done, that Igor and Lev were not really high in the pecking order of mobsters. They were wealthy, but they were essentially part of the laundry and you could call them bagmen. By our standards they are wealthy men, but by Russia's standards they were still making their way. YOu count their wealth in maybe tens of millions. They reported to Firtash, who is dirty as hell, and he reported to Mogdelivech, who reported to Ivanov. And then there are the powerful satellites the "businessmen like Derapaska, and a t least two dozen other oligarchs. All of them part of a vast network of corruption in Putin's criminal state.

by Anonymousreply 176October 21, 2019 6:40 PM

[Quote] Trump lied.

Say it ain’t so!

by Anonymousreply 177October 21, 2019 6:40 PM

Igor and Lev the Abbot and Costello of Rich Russian criminals?

Oh, Igoooooooooooooor!!!

by Anonymousreply 178October 21, 2019 6:42 PM

Middlemen like Igor and Lev, or Butina, are indeed not high on the totem pole. But look on the Trump side, nobody is safe from being thrown under the bus. Especially guys like Giuliani.

by Anonymousreply 179October 21, 2019 7:28 PM

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY, GUYS! I’M TREATING MYSELF AND A YOUNG GENTLEMAN WHOSE “ACQUAINTANCE” I’VE JUST MADE TO THE “EARLYBIRD SPECIAL” AT LONGHORN STEAKHOUSE AND I HOPE TO BE BUNKED IN BY EIGHT “WINK, WINK.” NAH, I’M JUST ”PULLING YOUR LEG.” OR AM I? IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, I VOW TO BE IN DREAMLAND BY NINE AND “UP AND AT ‘EM” BRIGHT AND EARLY, SCOUT’S HONOR. LOOKING FORWARD TO “SPEAKING MY TRUTH” AS THE KIDS SAY. WISH ME LUCK! BLESS, BILL TAYLOR.

by Anonymousreply 180October 21, 2019 8:44 PM

^Bill, under oath tomorrow, be prepared to respond to your old DL posts as well. I'm sure they will have probing questions.

by Anonymousreply 181October 21, 2019 9:01 PM

I hope there are people in some of these other countries who really loved Obama, and who will leak stuff to our PRess or to Pelosi so we can get the dirt on Trump's relationships with MBS, Erdogan, and a few others. He is filth and they will tell. The international intelligence community has to be helping nudge the impeachment along. I wonder which Republicans are a part of the Bi-Partisan group visiting Jordan. I bet King Abdullah's people are giving them hell. Too bad Lindsey is so compromised he isn't over there finding out how really bad the situation is...and it's deteriorating every hour.

by Anonymousreply 182October 21, 2019 9:05 PM

NYT:

Trump Rages Over Republican Defections as Democrats Press on Impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 21, 2019 9:10 PM

Washington Post:

It’s every man for himself right now on Trump and Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 21, 2019 9:12 PM

The Hill:

Majority disapprove of Trump Supreme Court nominations, says poll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 21, 2019 9:35 PM

L.A. Times:

'You people with this phony Emoluments Clause': Cabinet meeting devolves into 71 minutes of Trump grievances

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 21, 2019 9:37 PM

[quote]Too bad Lindsey is so compromised he isn't over there finding out how really bad the situation is...

Lindsey's been busy. Here's a Lindsey post of the Walhalla Octoberfest. But such a disappointment for Lindsey! Bottom right pic, second person to left, someone else was crowed festival queen.

See the comments/replies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187October 21, 2019 9:37 PM

^crowned, not crowed

oops

by Anonymousreply 188October 21, 2019 9:39 PM

This is a great little gem from R183’s NYT link.

[quote] The president’s angry response comes as Democrats, determined to sustain public attention and support for the impeachment inquiry, keep up a daily drumbeat of depositions, subpoenas and new revelations. They are pressing to keep momentum for the investigation with meticulous planning, frequent talking points for lawmakers and a steady menu of incremental developments to feed to a press corps hungry to cover a historic proceeding.

Good to see the Dems strategizing and planning this as a careful roll-out. If they manage this well it will pay big dividends in helping to get of tRump.

by Anonymousreply 189October 21, 2019 9:40 PM

R186, and this is what pitiful passes for the President at work doing the people's business.

At least he has not decided to withdraw American troops from NATO.

by Anonymousreply 190October 21, 2019 9:50 PM

Reuters:

Trump fielding ideas for replacing acting chief of staff Mulvaney: sources

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 21, 2019 10:34 PM

Politico:

Trump might expose whistleblower, Schumer tells Intel officials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 21, 2019 10:36 PM

God, in the name of Jesus and Mohammed make this stressful nightmare end!

by Anonymousreply 193October 21, 2019 10:37 PM

Politico:

Pelosi releases 'fact sheet' saying Trump has 'betrayed his oath of office'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 21, 2019 10:39 PM

Just saw on MSNBC that WSJ released more photos of Trump with Giuliani's associates. Busted!

Richard Painter is raking Trump over the coals about his emoluments clause crap on TV right now.

"Impeach and remove him!"

by Anonymousreply 195October 21, 2019 10:45 PM

Slate has it right. The media needs to stop their false, contrary narrative that Graham is showing some sort of open-mindedness when it comes to impeachment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 21, 2019 10:56 PM

The Hill:

House rejects GOP measure censuring Schiff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 21, 2019 11:14 PM

NBC:

Democrats zero in on 'abuse of power' in impeachment inquiry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 21, 2019 11:56 PM

Truly just the highlights of the highlights. TPM picked the six most bonkers moments from today’s press availability. To be fair, there were a LOT more than six.

Unhinged. Completely and totally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 22, 2019 12:32 AM

Washington Post:

Trump isn’t ‘bringing our soldiers back home’ from Syria

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 22, 2019 12:44 AM

Wow, that's one miserable sucker @ R184. Mulvaney should just "get over it."

by Anonymousreply 201October 22, 2019 1:12 AM

So CNN hire Sean Fucking Duffy? WHY?

by Anonymousreply 202October 22, 2019 1:36 AM

Mi vere dubas ĝin, R31

by Anonymousreply 203October 22, 2019 1:45 AM

Trump seriously retweeted something from an account called DJT Butt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204October 22, 2019 1:51 AM

Bot account.

by Anonymousreply 205October 22, 2019 2:03 AM

CNN is still lnto hiring these Republican "contributors" for these silly ass "both sides". arguments/debates. These contributors get their talking points in print from the RNC, the WH, other GOP advocacy groups, and crap lifted from pundits at Fox,. There is no equivalency on the reasons for impeachment.

Interviewing current Republican (and Democratic) House and Senate members who will be voting, is pertinent..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 22, 2019 2:09 AM

Allowing this false equivalency is what is hurting us. The GOP thrives on it and has whole industries to push them. It is all bankrupt conservatism has.

From now on, all interviews should be recorded, not live, and fact checked before aired. That will stop these roaches cold.

by Anonymousreply 207October 22, 2019 3:03 AM

A trillion dollars of FB advertising won't help President Gravelbrain get reelected if he's impeached.

by Anonymousreply 208October 22, 2019 3:11 AM

r176

[quote]he reported to Mogdelivech, who reported to Ivanov.

Who's Ivanov? There is seems to be shadowy character above all them - is that Ivanov?

by Anonymousreply 209October 22, 2019 4:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 22, 2019 9:11 AM

OK it's Testimony Tuesday!

Let's hope today's a HORRIBLE day for Trump and the repub pieces of shit

by Anonymousreply 211October 22, 2019 9:41 AM

It was R209. But I'm not sure he's still there. I think he may be in prison here. It's been a while since I read and research all of this Russia shit, and it all blurs together at some point. Suffice to say it's a big, sprawling network with a lot of overlaps. The main point to remember is Putin sits on top of everything and has his oligarch buddies in place everywhere. They work with organized crime figures and other governments, and they have helped put in place assets sympathetic to them all over the world where ever they can. Including Israel and Europe. They're like an infestation with unlimited amounts of cash to throw around.

by Anonymousreply 212October 22, 2019 10:34 AM

I have nothing to add except that this thread has somehow disappeared from my "watched threads" column, so I'm posting in hopes of putting it back up there. Carry on with your w&w-worthy comments!

by Anonymousreply 213October 22, 2019 11:30 AM

Trump on Democrats yesterday: "They’re vicious and they stick together."

Ha! Talk about projection.

by Anonymousreply 214October 22, 2019 1:04 PM

He needs to watch those debates. I've never been so ashamed of people I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 215October 22, 2019 1:07 PM

[quote]Trump on Democrats yesterday: "They’re vicious and they stick together."

I wish Hillary would tweet, 'Thank you for the compliment, Mr President.'

by Anonymousreply 216October 22, 2019 1:10 PM

[quote]Trump on Democrats yesterday: "They’re vicious and they stick together."

If only. But let's hope this time it sticks and they impeach him en bloc and then defeat him and the Rethugs at the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 217October 22, 2019 2:14 PM

Twitter is busy today

"Twitter is over capacity. Please wait a few moments then try again."

by Anonymousreply 218October 22, 2019 2:22 PM

Might be because Trump said the inquiry was like a lynching...

by Anonymousreply 219October 22, 2019 2:27 PM

WSJ: Trump Calls for Control, Use of Syrian Oil Fields

“I always said if you’re going in, keep the oil,” Mr. Trump said at a cabinet meeting Monday. “We’ll work something out with the Kurds so that they have some money, so that they have some cash flow. Maybe we’ll get one of our big oil companies to go in and do it properly.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 22, 2019 2:55 PM

ABC:

'When you're in a hole, stop digging': Clinton lawyer Greg Craig to President Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221October 22, 2019 3:09 PM

ABC:

Trump compares impeachment process to 'a lynching'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 22, 2019 3:11 PM

CNN:

CNN Poll: 50% support impeaching Trump and removing him from office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 22, 2019 3:12 PM

Yes r223, but does 50% support lynching Trump?

by Anonymousreply 224October 22, 2019 3:17 PM

Miss Lindzey first to Trump's defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 22, 2019 3:20 PM

Trump, the DRAMA QUEEN!

"Help, help, I'm being lynched!"

by Anonymousreply 226October 22, 2019 3:22 PM

"Ahh's from the South, and ahh's know a thing or two about lynchins'!"

by Anonymousreply 227October 22, 2019 3:23 PM

“This is a lynching in every sense. This is un-American,” Graham said to reporters.

Oh c'mon, what's more American than lynching???

by Anonymousreply 228October 22, 2019 3:29 PM

Washington Post:

Forty-six attorneys general have joined a New York-led antitrust investigation into Facebook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 22, 2019 3:30 PM

Politico:

Democrats look to dodge Oversight fight to protect impeachment push

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 22, 2019 3:31 PM

r228, a lynching combined with a BBQ tailgate party.

by Anonymousreply 231October 22, 2019 3:31 PM

Twatsie Tucker & 'Neighbor Beat Me Up' Rand, team up in the feud with Miz Lindz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 22, 2019 3:35 PM

Rand & Mitch are just two in a string of disgusting Kentucky Republican politicians. Bevin is no peach either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 22, 2019 3:41 PM

AP:

Ex-U.S. Ambassador Taylor arrives on Capitol Hill to testify

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 22, 2019 3:54 PM

Um...didn't the other start testifying earlier? Did our Ms. Taylor have a long night?

by Anonymousreply 235October 22, 2019 3:57 PM

How the Authors of All the President’s Women Found 43 New Allegations of Sexual Misconduct Against Donald Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236October 22, 2019 4:05 PM

Interesting Slate article. I did not know this bit about the timing of the House vote on the article(s) of impeachment, and action in the Senate : “Senate rules governing impeachment require the vice president to swear in the chief justice [bold]immediately[/bold] after the House’s charges are announced on the floor.”

The focus of the article is how Roberts can prevent McConnell from rushing the process. “The rules then explicitly empower the chief justice to ‘direct all the forms of proceedings’ during the trial.” Well, we’ll see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 22, 2019 4:20 PM

HuffPost:

White Evangelicals Stand Behind Trump Despite Impeachment Inquiry: Survey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 22, 2019 4:48 PM

Gotta love the Evangelicals who think God chose Trump to be president. If that's true, God has shitty taste

by Anonymousreply 239October 22, 2019 4:49 PM

I know I shouldn't find this funny, but DL has ruined BILL TAYLOR for me forever.

"Per source in the room, Bill Taylor’s opening statement was 15 pages long and prompted “a lot of sighs and gasps.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 22, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote]Forty-six attorneys general have joined a New York-led antitrust investigation into Facebook

Wow, that's pretty telling. It's usually the red states or the blue states. That's almost all of them! Fuck Zuckerberg. Glad he stated in a recent interview that he doesn't need people to like him because no one does.

R213, you can add a thread to your thread watcher by clicking on the eye icon in the upper right corner of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 241October 22, 2019 5:08 PM

I'd like to get naked with Andrew Desiderio!

by Anonymousreply 242October 22, 2019 5:13 PM

R239, Evangelicals are actually Satanists. Once you realize this, everything that say and do becomes comprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 243October 22, 2019 5:13 PM

r212

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 244October 22, 2019 5:19 PM

Agreed, R242. He looks like he has a lovely hole!

by Anonymousreply 245October 22, 2019 5:19 PM

More from Andrew Desiderio:

Another source says the sighs & gasps were in reaction to Taylor describing “how pervasive the efforts were to tie an investigation of Burisma and 2016 election ‘interference’ to a White House meeting and aid being released.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 22, 2019 5:26 PM

Well, this sounds pretty heavy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247October 22, 2019 6:03 PM

LOL @ R240 - the comments to the original tweet read just like a thread from Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 248October 22, 2019 6:08 PM

[quote] Trump Calls for Control, Use of Syrian Oil Fields

Ha ha! Good luck with that!

by Anonymousreply 249October 22, 2019 6:11 PM

With these fuckers it is always about the oil. It doesn’t matter how many people are killed.

by Anonymousreply 250October 22, 2019 6:14 PM

YOu know today is the anniversary, so if you want to see what a dangerous world this really is, and what it really means to POTUS, I highly recommend Thirteen Days. It's the Story of Kennedy and the Cuban Missile crisis and how very close we got to full on nuclear war. Kennedy had to deal with the military brass, he had to out think and out maneuver and he had to, finally, at the end of the day, make his own decisions. I loved how he insisted on "redundant confirmation" talking to the pilots and commanders directly, because some of his Joint Chiefs were maniacs like Curtis Ls May who believed we had to invade Cuba and blow the shit up. YOu watch this and you know how terribly unfit Trump is. YOu realize how mighty we are, how we earned our place, and how he has no idea, no concept of love of country, or patriotism or how to wield power. He is a filthy despicable pig...and a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 251October 22, 2019 6:15 PM

Meanwhile....

CBS: Turkey's Erdogan threatens to "crush" former U.S. allies in Syria

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252October 22, 2019 6:23 PM

Great film R251. Gripping and tense, even though we all know the eventual outcome. Stars DL fave Bruce Greenwood as JFK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 22, 2019 6:28 PM

Bravo & W/W, r251.

by Anonymousreply 254October 22, 2019 6:31 PM

Joni Skibo/LaCriox @Joni_Looking ATTENTION

CLICK on Photo below to View PROOF Turkey is using White Phosphorus Bombs on the Kurds & Their Children during the SO-Called "CeaseFire"

pics show Young Kids with Horrific Chemical Burns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 22, 2019 6:39 PM

That's sick.

I hope the Kurds will be able to forgive us some day.

by Anonymousreply 256October 22, 2019 6:43 PM

NYT:

Trump Calls Impeachment Inquiry a ‘Lynching’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 22, 2019 6:45 PM

I don't think people around the world separate Trump from the rest of the US. I'm sure some know a lot of people didn't vote for him but it doesn't matter because he still won and we allow him to keep doing what he's doing.

I'm sure a lot of people don't care that it's repubs holding everything up. They just see them as Americans. Especially because the average American in foreign eyes is white, and we know most white people over 40 voted for Trump. Our image will be damaged for years, much worse than the embarrassment that was Bush

I feel so awful for those Kurds. They were really a glimmer of hope in the region and a reliable ally. Now they're being slaughtered, tortured and kicked out of their homes. They will likely hate us for many years and I don't blame them

by Anonymousreply 258October 22, 2019 6:48 PM

R253, I've done a lot of research and reading about the Cuban Missile Crisis and the players, the Kennedys and the White House staff and the movie si historically accurate as far as I can see.

by Anonymousreply 259October 22, 2019 6:56 PM

The top Republican in the House, Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, said of Mr. Trump’s lynching comparison, “I don’t agree with that language,” adding, “It’s pretty simple.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 22, 2019 7:16 PM

Do we think that Lindsey and Trump decided on the lynching language, since Lindsey was the biggest supporter on its use? It's clearly a distraction ploy.

"It's a lynching in every way" (except the actual lynching)

by Anonymousreply 261October 22, 2019 7:23 PM

It's a two-fer' - a race baiting attempt and another 'outrage by the dotard' moment to switch the attention away from the increasingly horrific and embarrassing images out of Syria around the pull out.

My heart hurts for the Kurds. I'm so sorry we have no institutional way to punish the monster and call back the troops.

by Anonymousreply 262October 22, 2019 7:27 PM

Bernice King, daughter of MLK:

The President of the United States comparing an impeachment inquiry to a #lynching is not a “distraction.” It is a reflection of the very real trajectory of our nation and the very repugnant evil of racism, which still permeates both legislation and language in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 263October 22, 2019 7:33 PM

WaPo: Bill Taylor said that he was told release of military aid was contingent on public declarations from Ukraine that it would investigate the Bidens & 2016 election, contradicting President Trump’s denial he used the money as leverage for political gain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 22, 2019 7:36 PM

Pass the smelling salts!! I'm shocked!!

by Anonymousreply 265October 22, 2019 7:38 PM

Kevin McCarthy has been getting "contributions" from Igor andLev since 201i8.

by Anonymousreply 266October 22, 2019 7:41 PM

yaaaaaaaas Bill Taylor come through with the damning testimony!!!! I knew he'd fuck up the repubs even more harshly than Yovanovitch did.

by Anonymousreply 267October 22, 2019 7:43 PM

Kevin McCarthy is one of (if not THE) dumbest people in Congress, hands-down.

by Anonymousreply 268October 22, 2019 7:44 PM

Bill Taylor has receipts. He wrote numerous “memos to the file” documenting what was going on.

by Anonymousreply 269October 22, 2019 7:55 PM

The Republicans have been BATHING in dirty Russian money for YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 270October 22, 2019 7:58 PM

Have the Republicans started attacking BILL TAYLOR yet?

by Anonymousreply 271October 22, 2019 8:00 PM

ALL HOPPED UP AND "DROPPIN' BOMBS," AS THE KIDS SAY. BOOM! BLESS, BILL TAYOR.

by Anonymousreply 272October 22, 2019 8:01 PM

I’m sure Mz. Lindsay will move the goalposts once again.

by Anonymousreply 273October 22, 2019 8:01 PM

After reading Taylor's 15 page statement (it’s in the Shit Hits The Fan thread), it’s pretty clear they need to depose John Bolton.

by Anonymousreply 274October 22, 2019 8:03 PM

HE WAS ALWAYS A LIAR! THAT BASTARD SON OF MINE IS FULL OF FAKE NEWS!

by Anonymousreply 275October 22, 2019 8:04 PM

Bill Taylor better be extra careful starting his car. And he shouldn't eat in restaurants. Oh. I'd also avoid high places...like balconies, too. Because he heroically told all of it.

by Anonymousreply 276October 22, 2019 8:04 PM

What would be the point of bumping his off now, R276? He already dropped all the T (in writing and in person)?

by Anonymousreply 277October 22, 2019 8:08 PM

*him

by Anonymousreply 278October 22, 2019 8:16 PM

OH, STICK IT IN YOUR HAT, R275,,,, SANTI JUST "BLACKBERRIED" ME AND HE WANTS ME BACK! I THOUGHT ABOUT PLAYING 'HARD TO GET" BUT I'VE DECIDED TO JUST FORGIVE HIS LOANS AND "ASSUME THE POSITION" INSTEAD. SUMMER'S EVE INCOMING, OOH LA LA! THAT MEANS YOU _"THE SHE-DEVIL"_ WILL BE HUSTLING YOUR FANNY STRAIGHT BACK TO SISTER'S HOUSE. "BON VOYAGE"... , RUTH!! BLESS, BILL TAYLOR.

by Anonymousreply 279October 22, 2019 8:21 PM

Politico:

McConnell contradicts Trump: We've never spoken about Zelensky call

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280October 22, 2019 8:26 PM

Politico:

White House to cancel Times, Post subscriptions after Trump's 'Hannity' comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 22, 2019 8:30 PM

We have to stop seeing the President as some holy person chosen by God. It's just the CEO of the U.S., and he/she has to follow a moral code of ethics or get FIRED. It won't "Tear the country apart!"; we're not children of divorce.

by Anonymousreply 282October 22, 2019 8:31 PM

Just read this in the comment section of another site:

"Pro-tip: If your father was a Klansman, don't go around talking about lynchings."

by Anonymousreply 283October 22, 2019 8:43 PM

Bloomberg:

Trump Floats Mulvaney Replacements Including Mnuchin and Conway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284October 22, 2019 8:46 PM

Washington Post:

Anonymous author of Trump ‘resistance’ op-ed to publish a tell-all book

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285October 22, 2019 8:58 PM

Someone on one of my feeds posted that Taylor just dropped a nuclear bomb but didn't explain what it was. What have I missed?

by Anonymousreply 286October 22, 2019 9:02 PM

[quote] Trump Floats Mulvaney Replacements Including Mnuchin and Conway

Otherwise known as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 287October 22, 2019 9:02 PM

NBC: Carson defends HUD for knowingly stalling Puerto Rico hurricane relief funds

The Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Ben Carson, defended his agency for knowingly missing a legally required deadline that would have kicked off a monthslong process to help Puerto Rico get billions in federal housing funds Congress allocated after Hurricane Maria devastated the island in 2017.

Carson justified HUD's actions after Rep. Nydia Velázquez, D-N.Y., asked him "where in federal law is HUD empowered to withhold money that was supposed to got to Puerto Rico" during a congressional hearing on Tuesday.

"A lot of what we do is dictated by common sense," Carson responded without naming any specific laws.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288October 22, 2019 9:03 PM

Politico:

Republicans quit trying to rein in Trump after ‘lynching’ tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289October 22, 2019 9:14 PM

If it's a lynching, he brought the rope and tied the knot.

by Anonymousreply 290October 22, 2019 9:25 PM

R287, no one from the outside is going to come in. Everyone who is in the WH now is going down with the ship.

by Anonymousreply 291October 22, 2019 9:35 PM

Mnuchin is Secretary of the Treasury. He will never never give that up. He's not a fool. I can see Conway taking it. She thinks she has an afterlife.

by Anonymousreply 292October 22, 2019 9:40 PM

ANONYMOUS will have a book released soon. It is not confirmed if the senior staffer still works with the DJT administration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293October 22, 2019 10:03 PM

R285, missed your post. Above is from CNN. Pardon.

by Anonymousreply 294October 22, 2019 10:07 PM

I hope Ben Carson goes down, too

by Anonymousreply 295October 22, 2019 10:07 PM

I think there is now more evidence against Trump than there was against Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 296October 22, 2019 10:11 PM

Lawdy, this nasty sychophant....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297October 22, 2019 10:12 PM

Why is Graham still using a pic of him with Kavanaugh as his prime Twitter photo? Kavanaugh is married and is on the Supreme Court. Graham is in the Legislative branch. Graham implies he owns Kavanaugh, politically or emotionally, perhaps romantically. So inappropriate. Kavanaugh or his wife need to tell Graham to remove it from his Twitter feed. Over two years it has been displayed. The confirmation hearing is long over. Obsessive behavior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298October 22, 2019 10:31 PM

CNN:

Democrats call Trump 'increasingly brazen' in emoluments court filing, citing Doral G7 proposal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299October 22, 2019 10:38 PM

Somebody needs to tell Lindsay Graham that this is not 2016 anymore and he’s going to be the last senator holding the hot potato.

This thing is about to blow up so huge. The vast swing in the polls is coming in too fast. They did not see this coming. Buckle up.

by Anonymousreply 300October 22, 2019 10:42 PM

The Hill:

Senate Republicans block two election security bills

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301October 22, 2019 10:47 PM

People are exhausted, r300–I think everyone can sense it. They just want him gone; they just want some peace and quiet. I will not be surprised by devastating numbers in favor of impeachment and removal.

by Anonymousreply 302October 22, 2019 10:49 PM

Oh lawdy, looks like our beloved stapler throwing Amy K has uncovered Bill Barr's duplicity. And she has receipts!!!!! Not only did the DOJ violate policy by hiding the whistleblower's complaint, they probably broke the law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303October 22, 2019 11:05 PM

R280, Trump should have attributed that fake quote to the Senatrice. That way, he'd have a Senator to back him up.

by Anonymousreply 304October 22, 2019 11:17 PM

The WHOLE rogues gallery (Barr, Mnuchin, Stone, McConnell, Graham, erc.) ALL should go down with Dump!

by Anonymousreply 305October 22, 2019 11:18 PM

They will.

by Anonymousreply 306October 22, 2019 11:30 PM

Laurence Tribe:

Poetic justice: By declining to investigate as a crime what Taylor is now reporting, Barr thought he was protecting his boss. In fact, he gave up the chance to say Congress can’t look into this stuff because DOJ is doing so! If he had half a brain, Trump would be pissed!

by Anonymousreply 307October 22, 2019 11:40 PM

AP:

The Latest: White House slams testimony as 'triple hearsay'

Press secretary Stephanie Grisham released a statement Tuesday after Taylor told lawmakers that Trump had made clear that vital military aid to Ukraine hinged on the country's new president making a public statement that he was opening an investigation into a company linked to the family of Trump's potential 2020 Democratic rival Joe Biden and the 2016 election.

Grisham insists "there was no quid pro quo." She says, "Today was just more triple hearsay and selective leaks from the Democrats' politically-motivated, closed door, secretive hearings."

And she is slamming the inquiry as "nonsense" and "a coordinated smear campaign."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 22, 2019 11:51 PM

So "No quid pro quo!" is the new "No collusion!", right?

by Anonymousreply 309October 22, 2019 11:54 PM

Washington Post:

Just in time for skating season, Trump's company scrubs his name from N.Y. ice rinks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310October 22, 2019 11:56 PM

R309, except “no quid pro quo” has already hit its expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 311October 23, 2019 12:01 AM

Republican politicians increasingly don't want DJT, Junior Mint, Pence & 'Mother', or Miss Lindsey's 'i Luv Kavanaugh tour' coming by to campaign for them.

Joni Ernst is an example. She and others are booking Nikki Haley instead.

For speaking events, Haley starts at a $200,000 fee. She's booked-up way in advance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312October 23, 2019 12:11 AM

That wasn’t his personal money he was withholding.

That was our money. Tax payer money.

Not cool.

by Anonymousreply 313October 23, 2019 12:27 AM

Can you imaginr how freaked out/ panicked the White House Team must be now? It's worse than it's evet been snd Trump is the Proverbial Bull in the China shop that won'be reigned in. This is what Nancy was waiting for all along- an opportunity of Trump having engaged in an activity criminally negligent enough to prosecute for Impeachment but also an enviroment incendiary enough that Trump would light the match with his constant inflammatory behavior.

by Anonymousreply 314October 23, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote]The five stages of grief are chronologically: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Lindsey is at 'anger' stage. What will she use to bargain, next?

Running to Hannity's show is totally predictable.

"Daa-daa" is going to be impeached, Lindsey.

No sham, it's real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315October 23, 2019 1:17 AM

“Secret proceedings” and “triple hearsay.” 🙄

They’re going to have to do a whole lot better than that nonsense if they hope to have a chance of beating this. Of course, they don’t have much to work with because tRump and his band of felons are guilty as hell.

And this erroneous notion that all hearsay should be considered inferior evidence unworthy of admission at trial is undercut by the 23 exceptions to the hearsay rule in the Federal Rules of Evidence.

by Anonymousreply 316October 23, 2019 1:32 AM

BILL TAYLOR IS A NATIONAL HERO.

by Anonymousreply 317October 23, 2019 1:37 AM

R317, DL, once again, was ahead of the curve.

by Anonymousreply 318October 23, 2019 1:40 AM

Taylor was the final in the coffin... and yet this is still just the tip of the iceberg. Things are gonna get crazy.

by Anonymousreply 319October 23, 2019 1:43 AM

is it time, I wonder for a National Shame Campaign for GOP Senators? People outside their office shouting the Constitution at them for hours reminding them of their duty?

I think it might be time.

by Anonymousreply 320October 23, 2019 1:45 AM

It really makes you think - what if Nixon didn’t have that one shred of decency that compelled him to resign?

by Anonymousreply 321October 23, 2019 1:46 AM

r321, we are about to find out because Trump doesn't have that one shred of decency.

by Anonymousreply 322October 23, 2019 1:56 AM

lmao Fox panicking!!!

by Anonymousreply 323October 23, 2019 2:02 AM

He really doesn’t, r322, and he will be dragged kicking and screaming out of the White House, because he knows once the office can’t shield him, it’s the end of his opulent lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 324October 23, 2019 2:04 AM

What’s going on at Fox, r323? I refuse to ever change the channel to that odious network.

by Anonymousreply 325October 23, 2019 2:05 AM

Barr is the most sinister of them all, including Trump and Rudy. Trump is a con-man nitwit, Rudy has increasingly lost his judgment boundaries with age, but Barr's job is suppose to uphold Justice. He's smart enough to know his sordid behavior is wrong, unethical, and is enabling criminality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326October 23, 2019 2:08 AM

What about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327October 23, 2019 2:13 AM

[quote]What’s going on at Fox, [R323]? I refuse to ever change the channel to that odious network.

Here's a brief sample. Apparently Fox decided that Taylor's testimony never happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328October 23, 2019 2:21 AM

R325 they're crying foul that the Democrats are running an unethical, unfair impeachment and that they are engaging in a "coup" of a duly elected great leader. They're ranting and raving that Trump is the victim blah blah blah

and check Lindsey! Calling the impeachment inquiry a sham? Man I hope Harrison can unseat him next year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329October 23, 2019 2:28 AM

Apparently Trump is in denial that the House is going to impeach him. I hope Nancy brings the impeachment vote soon, because Trump will have the meltdown of all meltdowns.

by Anonymousreply 330October 23, 2019 2:32 AM

When Bone Spurs and his criminal cohorts and masters reach the gates of hell, they'll be told no money, no golf, no hotels, nothing material. No virgins whatsoever, not even HOs. However when Miss Lindzee arrives, you may share for nostalgia, eternally. That's the ONLY accommodation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331October 23, 2019 2:37 AM

Given the Republican reactions to Bill Taylor's testimony today (WE LOVE YOU BILL GOD BLESS), it seems like there's a slight chance the Senate might convict, yes?

If the House keeps the charges focused and drops them soon, and if public opinion stays where it is...a boy can dream.

by Anonymousreply 332October 23, 2019 2:37 AM

Unfortunately all is up to McTurtle. If the comes to think that Pence is better for the Rethugs 2020 election chances and especially the Senate, Trump will go down. Otherwise, he won't be removed.

But still, impeachment over sabotaging both U.S. and an ally's national security is no small blot on his name.

by Anonymousreply 333October 23, 2019 2:43 AM

The Hill:

Pence swipes at Democrats for embracing 'far-left agenda,' impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334October 23, 2019 2:44 AM

Listening to even a small bit of the deranged Hannity at R328, was excruciating. He’s a master manipulator who obfuscates facts as easily as he breathes. It is no wonder that the old white people who tune in faithfully to that garbage every night are so befuddled about what is actually happening. He makes things up, strings together things that are unrelated and irrelevant, and blames everyone but tRump and the Repukes. It’s all a conspiracy by the Dems.

Sigh.

The sewer that is Faux News is a national disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 335October 23, 2019 2:51 AM

I sure wish we had an international Seal Team Six type operation to get rid of Putin and all his operatives and goon squads. Them Trump and his cabal would be toast because the GOP support in Congress would fold like a cheap suit. Then we get Trump and LOCK HIM UP.

by Anonymousreply 336October 23, 2019 2:56 AM

R334, Pence is in no position to be taking swipes at anyone. He signed up for obstruction by refusing to respond to a House subpoena, and he was involved with the plot to extort Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 337October 23, 2019 3:16 AM

I am sick of even listening to and hearing about LG but my GOODNESS how he goes from one extreme to the other. The fact it is not called out and he is allowed to go around like the elder stateswoman he is is shameful.

by Anonymousreply 338October 23, 2019 3:24 AM

Miss Lindsey has been having too many mint juleps. She seems out of it.

by Anonymousreply 339October 23, 2019 3:34 AM

Supporting the Constitution is as centrist as you can get.

by Anonymousreply 340October 23, 2019 3:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341October 23, 2019 3:47 AM

Supporting the Constitution is nowhere near a conservative position now nor has been for a long, long time. It is a Center and Center/Left position.

by Anonymousreply 342October 23, 2019 3:54 AM

Question for those of you who were either alive during Watergate or know a lot about it...

Since all of the testimony so far has been secret and behind-the-scenes, I was wondering where all the video of people, like John Dean, testifying against Nixon came from? Since Nixon never went to trial in the Senate, they have to be from House testimony? At what point did the testimony and hearings become public instead of in closed door sessions?

People need to hear this shit themselves from the mouths of these damning witnesses. Those of us on this thread are political junkies. Most people aren't. They need it spoonfed to them with moving pictures to keep their ever-scattering interest in focus. So, when do we get public hearings?

by Anonymousreply 343October 23, 2019 7:35 AM

Well, first off the SENATE Watergate Hearings that took down Nixon was chaired by Democratic Senator Sam Irvin. He worked with an Attorney General that did not defy subpoenas.

What is happening now would be considered PRELIMINARY to that kind of hearing. The President has not only stonewalled but DEFIED subpoenas. Adam Schiff is proceeding with the Grand Jury investigation that the AG is not trusted to do and that is always behind closed doors. Once Schiff thinks he has enough slam dunk info on the President, Schiff, in all likely hood, will release a flood of damning testimony and THAT is when the House will take the full vote for the official Impeachment INQUIRY (you thought that it had already begun, but no). Once there are enough direct actors showing up and ignoring Trump and abiding by subpoenas, THAT is when the Democrats HIT THE AIRWAVES. THAT is when criminals like Don McGhan will show up to testify and possibly strike deals with Congress.

Right after the testimony dump, the House should impeach Attorney General Barr just to get his criminality into the record.

Whatever, the best is yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 344October 23, 2019 8:17 AM

[quote]Miss Lindsey has been having too many mint juleps. She seems out of it.

She's simply drunk with love for her country and the party of American values.

by Anonymousreply 345October 23, 2019 9:20 AM

It's going to be interesting seeing how the 30-40% of the country that only watches right wing media and only trusts repub politicians react once the House impeaches Trump. There's no around it now. The more info that comes out, the more damning it is for Trump and it's beyond clear he broke the law.

Those inside the right wing bubble currently believe this is just further "presidential harassment", this is "another coup attempt", the "real liars are the Democrats", and "the process is unfair and not justified".

by Anonymousreply 346October 23, 2019 10:09 AM

[quote] Apparently Trump is in denial that the House is going to impeach him. I hope Nancy brings the impeachment vote soon, because Trump will have the meltdown of all meltdowns.

Really? I’d like to see her edge him for a while. Usually makes for a more spectacular climax.

by Anonymousreply 347October 23, 2019 10:54 AM

R343, I'd take issue with your characterization of the depositions as "secret" and "behind the scenes." Everyone knows that they are happening and who is being deposed; committee members from both parties attend. The witnesses' prepared remarks, which include much of their evidence, is released during the course of the day. This is all preliminary to the public hearings, as R344 explains, and is not covert.

by Anonymousreply 348October 23, 2019 11:07 AM

Supporting the Constitution is an American position.

by Anonymousreply 349October 23, 2019 11:22 AM

If team Rump has nothing to hide why aren't they pleading their case in front of congress? Will they add obstruction of congress to their impeachment articles? They should it is a relatively simple one.

by Anonymousreply 350October 23, 2019 11:47 AM

Will Trump ever go in front of an investigation committee in the House and be grilled for several hours like Hillary Clinton for Benghazi or her emails?

People should tell him that the ratings would be huge.

by Anonymousreply 351October 23, 2019 11:56 AM

Apparently the reason "lynching" got trotted out is because Joe Biden used the phrase "partisan lynching" to describe Bill Clinton's impeachment hearings.

The phrase came out of nowhere and was then reinforced by Graham, so it wouldn't surprise me if Trump's opposition research team found the footage and specifically suggested he use that term now, to hit Biden.

I think the goal with Biden has been to make him look the same as, if not more corrupt than Trump.

If the ambasador hadn't testified, this might be another weeklong distraction. Currently it's probably mainly playing on Fox News and conservative shows.

by Anonymousreply 352October 23, 2019 12:01 PM

And just like that, Trump recognized that military aid was being withheld. I'm not one for the conspiracy theories but I think he is secretly working for Schiff!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353October 23, 2019 12:20 PM

This is the House Intelligence Committee. They're investigating something that deals with our foreign policy relationships. So they can justify closed door hearings because the possibility that classified information might be referenced or discussed is very real in this context. But the other reason, is that they want to, as much as possible, prevent witnesses from coordinating their testimony.

FYI: Don Mc Gahn's Uncle was Trump's lawyer. He even named a bar in one of his casinos or his hotels after the guy. He has known McGahn's family for decades. McGahn is a Conservative who gave us Gorsuch and Kavanaugh and was navigating all the weak, stupid judicial candidates that the Federalist Society had on their list. In fact he helped develop the short list.

So anyone with expectations that Mc Gahn is going to "do the right thing" is delusional. McGahn cares about two things: Political survival; (which is why he resigned when he did) and keeping his law license. He wants a life after Trump. But he wants it within the Republican Party. He is going to march to whatever tune McConnell and those Conservative benefactors play. McGahn doesn't plan on going to jail, or doing harm to his political ambitions within the Conservative caucus.

by Anonymousreply 354October 23, 2019 12:34 PM

When Clarence Thomas testified before Congress during the hearings for his nomination to the Supreme Court (Thanks to George H.W.Bush) during the Anita Hill fiasco, he characterized her testimony as a "legal lynching." it was quite memorable. It's the first time I recall that expression being used in that setting.

by Anonymousreply 355October 23, 2019 12:38 PM

"And from my standpoint, as a black American, it is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves, to do for themselves, to have different ideas...."

by Anonymousreply 356October 23, 2019 12:40 PM

Washington Post:

‘Alarming circumstances’: A distressed diplomat tells a tale of venal intrigue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357October 23, 2019 1:15 PM

USA Today:

Rudy Giuliani associates Parnas and Fruman face arraignment in campaign finance conspiracy case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358October 23, 2019 1:17 PM

WSJ:

Trump's Rallies Aren't Just Part of His Campaign. They Are the Campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 23, 2019 1:22 PM

As much as they may hate to do it to one of their own, Rudy needs to be indicted too.He will scream like a scalded cat, but he needs to go down.

by Anonymousreply 360October 23, 2019 1:23 PM

[quote]I think when you're pretty it doesn't matter how you wear your hair

Or how many chins you have.

by Anonymousreply 361October 23, 2019 1:29 PM

The Fox News intra-right-wing factional war:

Tucker Carlson & his Daily Caller, with Rand Paul, Junior Mint, Mary Trump, Gym Jordan and Diamond & Silk --V$--Sean Hannity with side-kick Miss Lindzey, then Barr, Pompeo, and Rudy avoiding the camera right now.

Lachlan Murdoch, your Fox drama is so despicable.

Ain't linking the Daily Caller

by Anonymousreply 362October 23, 2019 1:32 PM

Wow, former WH National Security Adviser, Susan Rice, must be a Datalounger!

[quote]On an advance clip of Pod Save The World, former White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice calls Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina "a piece of shit."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363October 23, 2019 1:46 PM

Or just a perceptive and honest woman r363.

by Anonymousreply 364October 23, 2019 1:50 PM

NBC:

Graham and Fox News expert showed Trump a Syria map to change his mind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365October 23, 2019 1:54 PM

R365, Trump sounds deeply confused. That information goes some way towards explaining his muddled tweets about keeping the oil.

by Anonymousreply 366October 23, 2019 2:10 PM

AP:

Appeals court set to hear arguments over Trump's tax returns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367October 23, 2019 2:13 PM

R367, you can hear the argument on nbcnews.com right now. The Second Circuit is questioning Trump's attorney, and seems skeptical.

by Anonymousreply 368October 23, 2019 2:25 PM

Politico:

Dems pan Trump's 'lynching' tweet ahead of visit to historically black college

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369October 23, 2019 2:31 PM

Zuckerberg and his proliferation of Putin-inspired ads and Diamond & Silk Fqcebook videos, has changed how? His candlelight dinner parties in California with Tucker Carlson, the Senatrice, Pompeo, Barr operatives, etc., would even make Hyacinth Bucket frown in disapproval.

Zuckerberg is before Maxine Water's Committee today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370October 23, 2019 2:35 PM

Reuters:

Pentagon official handling Ukraine and Russia appears in impeachment inquiry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371October 23, 2019 2:56 PM

The Hill:

Senate Democrats submit FOIA request for Ukraine, Biden info

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372October 23, 2019 3:03 PM

This morning, publicity hound extraordinaire Matt Gaetz led a group of two dozen GOP lawmakers trying to storm into a secure facility for classifed information being used as part of the impeachment proceedings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373October 23, 2019 3:19 PM

Matt Gaetz is beneath contempt.

by Anonymousreply 374October 23, 2019 3:31 PM

Schiff should maneuver the Republicans on those committees to disavow Matt's antics and acknowledge that House Republicans are completely privy to all testimony.

by Anonymousreply 375October 23, 2019 3:33 PM

They ought to remove all the relevant material and files from the facility, stock it with dead rats and then lock Gaetz and his gang in the damned thing.

by Anonymousreply 376October 23, 2019 3:37 PM

[quote]Matt Gaetz is beneath contempt.

GOP strategist (and Florida native) Rick Wilson says Gaetz is all show, with no political-philosophical commitment other than staying in power.

by Anonymousreply 377October 23, 2019 3:38 PM

*May have been posted yesterday.

Swinger, Roger Stone, was told "no" by court about posting on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, ahead of next month's trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378October 23, 2019 3:39 PM

Trump is giving a statement about the Syria situation now, announcing that he's lifting the sanctions on Turkey while proclaiming he is responsible for this "great outcome."

by Anonymousreply 379October 23, 2019 3:46 PM

Trump: "We've saved the lives of many, many Kurds."

by Anonymousreply 380October 23, 2019 3:48 PM

Lifting sanctions? Wha?

Are these the sanctions that where in place after the invasion by Turks this month? That lasted a few days? So it was pointless?

by Anonymousreply 381October 23, 2019 3:52 PM

Gaetz, Gohmert, and Byrne

What weird and obsessive drama queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382October 23, 2019 3:56 PM

Jessie Raymond @mjjel1

2h2 hours ago

Replying to @mkraju

The words "led by Matt Gaetz" do not strike fear in me.

Ron @khalaron 2h 2 hours ago

Unless he's drunk behind the wheel of a car.

by Anonymousreply 383October 23, 2019 4:01 PM

AP:

Trump says Turkey calls cease-fire 'permanent'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384October 23, 2019 4:02 PM

Nancy Pelosi to deliver the eulogy per her recently deceased brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385October 23, 2019 4:08 PM

R376, make that “live rats” and we have a deal.

by Anonymousreply 386October 23, 2019 4:09 PM

Gaetz and his silly cronies have neither the law, the facts or the polls on their side.

All they have are stunts and noise.

by Anonymousreply 387October 23, 2019 4:15 PM

R384

Yes, cease-fire (unless you are Kurdish in which case you are target practice from now on) after Erdogan and Putin carved up the area for themselves as US troops fled the region.

He can't be serious about taking any credit.

by Anonymousreply 388October 23, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote]A prolific political donor, Zuberi mostly raised money for Democrats before switching his allegiance to Trump around the 2016 election — eventually donating $900,000 to the president’s inaugural committee. It’s unclear where that money came from.

Sorta misleadling, he was a bigtime Trump donor in 2016. Funny, channeled inaugural money included.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389October 23, 2019 4:28 PM

Oh, R388, but he is completely serious about taking credit.

by Anonymousreply 390October 23, 2019 4:29 PM

I'm fine with giving him credit for an abject surrender and complete capitulation.

by Anonymousreply 391October 23, 2019 4:30 PM

'Mother' Is getting ready to bring towel pins to the WH on short notice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392October 23, 2019 4:38 PM

More on the Republican showboating to distract from the Taylor testimony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393October 23, 2019 4:43 PM

Nancy is going to have to expand the Impeachment Inquiry to include Erdogan and the Turkey conversation about Syria and the Kurds. There was definitely a quid pro quo. IMO even if she doesn't, the House will impeach because of the Ukraine. But if the Senate decides to convict him on the Ukraine issue, it will really be because they are really pissed off about Syria and the Middle East. The Middle East was an important theater of influence for us, and he has literally given it to Putin. I cannot stress how major it is. This is the worst, biggest thing he has done as President.

by Anonymousreply 394October 23, 2019 4:55 PM

Trump thought that after Mueller he was set free by Barr.

And what do criminals do when they think they won't get caught?

They commit more crimes.

Trump is nothing more than a life long career criminal.

by Anonymousreply 395October 23, 2019 5:15 PM

You should have heard Richard Engel on NBC in the lead-up to Trumpy-Dumpy’s little victory speech. Engel was furious — and his rage was barely concealed. He couldn’t understand the reason for the immediate and sudden withdrawal since the troops were being slowly withdrawn as per the Pentagon’s plan. These are elite forces designed to take out ISIS not National Guard troops. And they were not acting as a police force. He was livid; this made absolutely no sense to him because it has led to slaughter and displacement of people who were our allies and a weakening of our position in the region.

by Anonymousreply 396October 23, 2019 5:19 PM

Washington Post:

Republican protest delays impeachment testimony from Pentagon’s Ukraine expert

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397October 23, 2019 5:24 PM

R396 I saw Angel on Andrea Mitchell and he was as you describe. He is calling this ethnic cleansing and a war crime. And Ben Rhodes, Obama's NSA, was also livid. This is some serious shit.

As for the GOP House members demonstrating and disrupting the hearing, that is just pathetic and the Media ought to portray it as pathetic. They should not gain anything by doing this. In fact the Media outrage ought to be felt.

by Anonymousreply 398October 23, 2019 5:32 PM

Stunts from the Repukes. This nonsense is surely going to go over well.

There are Rethugs in the closed hearings. Just not these Rethugs.

by Anonymousreply 399October 23, 2019 5:33 PM

Engel not Angel.Although I do love him. Hope Richard stays safe. He takes a lot of risks and he is a truth speaker.

by Anonymousreply 400October 23, 2019 5:34 PM

What R394 said. Trump's Syria policy gave everyone a vivid illustration of the same corruption and lawbreaking in the Ukraine phone calls, and a shocking understanding of the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 401October 23, 2019 5:34 PM

NYT: Contradicting Trump, Ukraine knew of aid freeze before it became public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402October 23, 2019 5:35 PM

One Republican who has been able to attend the proceedings, Rep. Chris Stewart of Utah, acknowledged that the closed-door nature of the impeachment proceedings are consistent with the House’s procedures.

“This may be within House rules. That’s not the question. The question is, is it a good idea to impeach the president in secret hearings?” Stewart said. “This may very well be within Chairman Schiff’s and Nancy Pelosi’s authority to do this. I think it’s a bad idea.”

by Anonymousreply 403October 23, 2019 5:53 PM

The NY bar has called on Barr to recuse himself from all this Ukraine bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404October 23, 2019 6:18 PM

Thanks, r404. It’s about fucking time!

by Anonymousreply 405October 23, 2019 6:25 PM

Tea Pain @TeaPainUSA 14h

Month ago: “Perfect call!”

2 weeks ago: “No quid pro quo!”

Last week: “No abuse of power!”

Today: “Abuse of power is not a crime!”

by Anonymousreply 406October 23, 2019 6:35 PM

NBC:

2 Giuliani associates plead not guilty in campaign finance scheme

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407October 23, 2019 6:37 PM

[quote]More on the Republican showboating to distract from the Taylor testimony

Not showboating, but ILLEGAL. Why are they not being arreted?

by Anonymousreply 408October 23, 2019 6:38 PM

So, we've moved on from "kangaroo court" because that didn't get any traction, right?

by Anonymousreply 409October 23, 2019 6:42 PM

Kangaroo court got zero traction.

This new hissy fit is embarrassing for Republicans more than anything. I doubt it will get any traction, either. It SHOULD get them sanctioned/jailed!

by Anonymousreply 410October 23, 2019 6:50 PM

Sheesh, I hope so, r409.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411October 23, 2019 6:52 PM

The Hill:

Trump blasts 'Never Trump' Republicans as 'human scum'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412October 23, 2019 7:11 PM

Trumpkin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413October 23, 2019 7:15 PM

Business Insider:

Trump's lawyers say he couldn't be investigated or prosecuted if he shot someone on 5th Avenue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414October 23, 2019 7:15 PM

Gohmert's Geritol Goons and Gaetz's Closet Queens ,could not even carry out a successful panty raid; mean a jockstrap raid. Gym Jordan was there, but didn't teach them techniques?

by Anonymousreply 415October 23, 2019 7:15 PM

What if Trump strangled Melania to death on the Truman balcony in front of everyone and then threw her lifeless body onto the south lawn? Nothing? They should have framed the question that way to this lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 416October 23, 2019 7:22 PM

can't something be done about Gaetz for breaking rules? Can't he be thrown out of Congress?

this stunt kween pisses me off so much

by Anonymousreply 417October 23, 2019 7:22 PM

They should ALL Be arrested for that stunt they pulled today. They know DAMN well that there are Republicans in these closed door hearings too and that they have equal access to ask the witness questions. They did this for no other reason but to make the Democrats look bad and suggest that they are being sneaky about these "secret" meetings.

And I just heard that Drumpf knew beforehand about this stunt they planned on pulling today.

Fuck. Them. All.

by Anonymousreply 418October 23, 2019 7:22 PM

They should ALL Be arrested for that stunt they pulled today. They know DAMN well that there are Republicans in these closed door hearings too and that they have equal access to ask the witness questions. They did this for no other reason but to make the Democrats look bad and suggest that they are being sneaky about these "secret" meetings.

And I just heard that Drumpf knew beforehand about this stunt they planned on pulling today.

Fuck. Them. All.

by Anonymousreply 419October 23, 2019 7:22 PM

[quote]What if Trump strangled Melania to death on the Truman balcony in front of everyone and then threw her lifeless body onto the south lawn?

I don't really care. Do you?

by Anonymousreply 420October 23, 2019 7:23 PM

I think that Schiff has referred them to the Ethics Committee.

by Anonymousreply 421October 23, 2019 7:23 PM

Trump is just like a pumpkin: Orange on the outside, hollow on the inside, and hopefully we will throw him out in November. ....Confession : I saw this somewhere I didn't invent it.

by Anonymousreply 422October 23, 2019 7:25 PM

Tribune News Service:

Maryland AG sues Kushner apartment company, alleging thousands of violations while renting rodent-infested units

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423October 23, 2019 7:28 PM

AP:

Judge orders State Dept. to begin producing Ukraine records

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424October 23, 2019 7:31 PM

DJT is a life-long con-man crook. His administration is full of crooks. His enablers are fools with their own wickedness. His three oldest kids are shady. His voters are dumb enough to buy his lies. The media wanted his theatrics for ratings.

Impeach, purge; we need to immediately rid government and this country of this horrible mess.

by Anonymousreply 425October 23, 2019 7:33 PM

DJT is a life-long con-man crook. His administration is full of crooks. His enablers are fools with their own wickedness. His three oldest kids are shady. His voters are dumb enough to buy his lies. The media wanted his theatrics for ratings.

Impeach, purge; we need to immediately rid government and this country of this horrible mess.

by Anonymousreply 426October 23, 2019 7:33 PM

for those of you who don't pay attention to right wing media (I glimpse daily just to see the bs so I can be aware and out-argue it), Schiff has been majorly vilified in the last 2 years. They have made him out to be a sneaky, evil, incompetent and corrupt hyper partisan who is leading the coup against Trump

and the dumb ass repub viewers believe this shit. I hope he has security as this impeachment process moves forward. Deplorables are unstable idiotic pieces of shit

by Anonymousreply 427October 23, 2019 7:50 PM

Why wasn't there security at the SCIF doors to prevent Gaetz and his stunt clowns from storming into the room? They tried it once already.

by Anonymousreply 428October 23, 2019 8:10 PM

[quote] What if Trump strangled Melania to death on the Truman balcony in front of everyone and then threw her lifeless body onto the south lawn? Nothing?

Only one way to find out.

by Anonymousreply 429October 23, 2019 8:12 PM

The Gaetz Dog and Pony Show really need to enjoy the circus they are making now because they will self-immolate trying to trip up these people in public hearings...the narrative tide is waaay against them.

by Anonymousreply 430October 23, 2019 8:13 PM

Washington Post: Pentagon’s Ukraine expert resumes impeachment testimony after Republican protest causes 5-hour delay

Democrats have said they will open the process for public hearings in a matter of weeks after the initial stage of their investigation concludes.

It was not immediately clear how Wednesday’s standoff was resolved. Democrats debated asking the Capitol Police to physically remove the GOP members but decided against it, fearing that such a dramatic move would play into Republicans’ hands, several lawmakers said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431October 23, 2019 8:17 PM

"Guys that know how to fight will hunt down Democrats and kill them"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432October 23, 2019 8:28 PM

"Guys that know how to fight will hunt down Democrats and kill them"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433October 23, 2019 8:28 PM

R431, worth noting: the witness was willing to wait five hours to testify, she didn’t ask for her deposition to be rescheduled.

by Anonymousreply 434October 23, 2019 8:28 PM

As much as I'd LOVE to have seen clips of Gaetz and Gohmert being forcibly removed from the hearing room by Capitol police, the Democrats did the right thing. Why give FOX and other right wing media outlets any more material than they already have to use against them in their propaganda war.

by Anonymousreply 435October 23, 2019 8:32 PM

treasonstickers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436October 23, 2019 8:47 PM

NYT:

White House Aides Feared That Trump Had Another Ukraine Back Channel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437October 23, 2019 8:57 PM

CBS:

Trump official dodges Obamacare questions at tense hearing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438October 23, 2019 8:59 PM

Politico:

Sondland seeks to align himself with Taylor after bombshell testimony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439October 23, 2019 9:53 PM

NYT:

In Steve Bannon’s Basement, a Rogue ‘War Room’ to Fight Impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440October 23, 2019 9:57 PM

So disgraceful and childish display. Just another sad and embarrassing moment in American history.

by Anonymousreply 441October 23, 2019 10:03 PM

Lindzey may have been cussing with colleagues and chatting with Orange Spurs, Butt Barr, Pompass, and Faux pundits on the phone, but she's largely avoided sashaying before the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 442October 23, 2019 10:05 PM

I'm really curious what Sondland admitted to in the hearing and how it conflicted with Bill Taylor's testimony.

by Anonymousreply 443October 23, 2019 10:08 PM

Yahoo:

Facebook's Zuckerberg grilled by AOC on fact-checking policy for political ads

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444October 23, 2019 10:20 PM

Can we please start calling today’s stunt the Brooks Brothers Outlet Riot?

by Anonymousreply 445October 23, 2019 10:22 PM

Moving the right way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446October 23, 2019 10:27 PM

The House Dem leadership need to hold a press conference drawing attention to today's intimidation but the Republicans. Tell America what's happening. Call the fuckers out.

by Anonymousreply 447October 23, 2019 10:29 PM

And they need to force Republican committee members to join them and confirm that Republicans are included and this Matt Gætz crap is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 448October 23, 2019 10:31 PM

What the hell is up with Bannon? Gets kicked out by Trump, spends time consorting with European nationalists, then predicts Trump's imminent downfall in 6 weeks time, only to rush to his defense now? What is he the Dog that likes to be Kicked?

by Anonymousreply 449October 23, 2019 10:47 PM

R449, he’s another Stable Genius.

by Anonymousreply 450October 23, 2019 10:52 PM

R423

[quote]Guys that know how to fight will hunt down Democrats and kill them

Bring it on.

by Anonymousreply 451October 23, 2019 10:57 PM

He's psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 452October 23, 2019 10:57 PM

Look at Politico, stirring the pot:

When will Democrats move their impeachment process into the public sphere? One senior House Dem said they expect another two to four weeks of closed testimony. [bold]That’s quite a long time from now.[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453October 23, 2019 11:01 PM

the Democrats do need to keep setting the narrative and not let repubs set a victimhood narrative. That would be awful

by Anonymousreply 454October 23, 2019 11:03 PM

She appreciates Trump as she declares daily.

Now she's fine with abandoning the Kurds and Syrian Christians. Protect a few oil fields though, until Putin moves to occupy them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455October 23, 2019 11:15 PM

Kellyanne announces Trump speaking at shale convention tommorow. Fracking Pennsylvania.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456October 23, 2019 11:24 PM

[quote]Come see me

A 20% discount is not near enough to take a look at you, Huckster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457October 23, 2019 11:32 PM

Kellyanne? Don't you mean "anonymous"?

by Anonymousreply 458October 23, 2019 11:35 PM

In other news, Trump claims Colorado getting a "big, beautiful border wall" much to the surprise of Colorado.

by Anonymousreply 459October 23, 2019 11:35 PM

Attention seeking distraction

by Anonymousreply 460October 24, 2019 12:00 AM

Breaking.....

Junior Mint, you may get Lindsey's full compliance; but what are you offering Lindsey to bite on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461October 24, 2019 12:01 AM

[quote]Kellyanne announces Trump speaking at shale convention tommorow.

Gawd, her plastic surgery seems to hold up almost as well as her moral compass.

Not to say she ever had the latter.

by Anonymousreply 462October 24, 2019 12:07 AM

[quote]Trump’s son want Graham to stop talking and “just fucking do something already.”

Lawdy, Junior, you making Miz L hot! Loves a bossy, forceful, vulgar-talking top.

by Anonymousreply 463October 24, 2019 12:10 AM

Careful, Junior. La Senatrix could mistake that as an invitation to present hole. And she may be into rough play as well.

by Anonymousreply 464October 24, 2019 12:17 AM

And you better believe that the moment the Dems bring the hearings out in public, the Republicans will stage demonstrations to disrupt the hearings at every opportunity. Republican members of Congress with cell phones in hand breached security to day to attempt to disrupt the hearings. Members of Congress. I know the Dems said they didn't want to "play into their hands" but they did.Because once again they got away with illegal behavior. They should have been arrested. They need to be sanctioned. There must be consequences for lawless behavior.Period.Don't worry about playing into their hands. You have been playing into their hands every time you ignore their illegal actions.Stand up to them. When they break the law, ignore subpoenas, refuse to testify, etc. Consequences. Damn I'm so fucking pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 465October 24, 2019 12:24 AM

R465, it's too bad that the Democrats don't listen to your unmatched wisdom but I think Pelosi and Schiff are handling this just fine. Fortunately, this process isn't in the hands of hotheads like you.

by Anonymousreply 466October 24, 2019 12:39 AM

R465, it's too bad that the Democrats don't listen to your unmatched wisdom but I think Pelosi and Schiff are handling this just fine. Fortunately, this process isn't in the hands of hotheads like you.

by Anonymousreply 467October 24, 2019 12:39 AM

I honestly don't think the Brooks Brothers Outlet stampede needs to be exposed. They looked like complete morons, total bush league and all white guys. It spoke for itself. Once they see the public testimony it gonna be ugly..and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 468October 24, 2019 12:52 AM

R486, actually it’s another part of the obstruction of justice/Congress counts, since Trump encouraged these jackasses to try to stop the witness from testifying.

by Anonymousreply 469October 24, 2019 1:13 AM

Gaetz must be the biggest ass & jerk in Congress, and there are dozens of bad ones. That district in the Florida panhandle must have very ignorant voters.

by Anonymousreply 470October 24, 2019 1:25 AM

You think?

by Anonymousreply 471October 24, 2019 1:26 AM

I still think Republicans should be careful what they wish for, because public hearings are not going to give them strands to hang on to (aside from ridiculous ones).

by Anonymousreply 472October 24, 2019 1:29 AM

The Rethugs will:

1) use the public hearings to drum up the narrative 'Biden is corrupt' and "DNC corruptly hacked itself and hit Hillz's emails on some secret bunker server in Ukraine';

2) rant in faux outrage at Shifty Schiff, Nervous Nancy and the Libtards;

3) attack the inconvenient witnesses and lob soft balls to the likes of Cheeto's hospitality business pal Sondland.

by Anonymousreply 473October 24, 2019 1:51 AM

NYT:

Republicans Grind Impeachment Inquiry to Halt as Picture Darkens for Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474October 24, 2019 1:54 AM

Daily Beast:

Pompeo Gets Drawn Deeper—Way Deeper—Into the Ukraine Scandal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475October 24, 2019 1:55 AM

CBS:

Top Republicans demand Democrats call whistleblower to testify publicly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476October 24, 2019 1:58 AM

R474, what is the point in a post like that with no context AND behind a paywall?

If you trying to break us the news that happened 12 hours ago then do yourself a favor and scroll up.

by Anonymousreply 477October 24, 2019 1:59 AM

Washington Post:

House Democrats look to take impeachment probe public as soon as mid-November

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478October 24, 2019 1:59 AM

Those Republicans who went to the White House Tuesday night and discussed staging this demonstration, ordering pizzas and chic fil a and holding up the hearings for five hours demonstrated complete contempt for our country, our government, our laws and their oath of office. They need to be held in contempt.Charged with obstruction of justice, and the obstruction charges ought to be added to the articles of Impeachment for Trump. They also attempted to intimidate witnesses. So action needs to be taken NOW.Because once those hearings go public they will act out even worse. This is not the time for the Democrats to piss away goodwill by acting weak.

by Anonymousreply 479October 24, 2019 1:59 AM

Speaking of lawsuits....

DeVos Sued Amid New Evidence About Whether Her Agency Aided For-Profit Operator

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480October 24, 2019 2:03 AM

This Bone Spurs network is corrupt top to bottom. They get exposed, and still continue doing it, even openly. The cabinet is horribly corrupt. They have Barr that facilitates their illegal behaviors rather than prosecuting them.

by Anonymousreply 481October 24, 2019 2:15 AM

I hope next time they shoot them. That is a possibility.

All they have are stupid stunts designed to appeal to their base.

by Anonymousreply 482October 24, 2019 2:24 AM

Miss Thang was on He Hannity again tonight. Night, after night.

Those two won't stop impeachment. But will fill deplorables with bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 483October 24, 2019 2:26 AM

Why isn't the Gaetz stunt "conspiracy to obstruct?" Seems pretty serious to me.

by Anonymousreply 484October 24, 2019 2:35 AM

This isn't over r484.

I wonder if the FBI/CIA does not show up in offices tomorrow and confiscate phones taken into the secure location.

by Anonymousreply 485October 24, 2019 2:36 AM

It's lawlessness now. Trump is ignoring laws, why can't they? They know they won't be punished under Barr's Justice Department.

by Anonymousreply 486October 24, 2019 2:38 AM

The 2nd Circuit judge panel for Trump's tax case from today consisted of the Chief Judge who was appointed by Clinton, and two judges appointed by Obama. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 487October 24, 2019 2:40 AM

If they can prove President Babyshitz coordinated the fratboy SCIF attack today, that's one more article of impeachment right there.

by Anonymousreply 488October 24, 2019 2:52 AM

Do we really need to hear about everything that Lindsey Graham does every day at every hour? Really, some of the posters in these threads are so obsessed with what he is doing or what he has said at any hour of the day that I'm beginning to think they secretly love him or something.

He's a despicable hypocrite, that's all we need to know about him.

by Anonymousreply 489October 24, 2019 3:01 AM

You can call the Dems many things but weak is not one of them. Even Pres Bone Spurs called them "vicious". Hasn't Nancy proven herself over and over?

by Anonymousreply 490October 24, 2019 3:04 AM

Yes, and conveniently, Nancy wasn't there today, she is at her brother's funeral.

While the cat is away, the mice will play.

by Anonymousreply 491October 24, 2019 3:12 AM

AOC was like steel today towards Zuckerberg, who wobbled and gulped, and she sent out some succinct and trenchant tweets on Gaetz's motley crew.

"Important to remember that GOP & Dem members have been part of impeachment depositions this whole time. All you need is to sit on the relevant committees. If these guys are so mad, maybe they should take their little flash mob to the @GOPLeader who didn’t assign them to the task."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492October 24, 2019 3:16 AM

Conservative men hate AOC in part because they all want to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 493October 24, 2019 3:30 AM

FCI...

Anything new to report?

by Anonymousreply 494October 24, 2019 3:32 AM

AOC proves that when a Member of Congress isn't spending 60% of their time dialing for dollars at the DNC or RNC headquarters, they can actually digest the information that their staff painstakingly put together to ask probing questions and follow up questions (with confidence) at hearings.

She always seems prepared and interested. The majority of Members aren't even present for most of the hearings and say nonsense. AOC has a a real gift. I'm so very happy to have her on our team. She makes me proud.

by Anonymousreply 495October 24, 2019 3:51 AM

I like AOC, and I hope she has a long career in politics. When she becomes more polished she will be a formidable weapon against the Rethuglicans!

by Anonymousreply 496October 24, 2019 5:04 AM

I think, long term, AOC will be the new Pelosi. Both terrify Republican men because they take no shit.

Nancy should be Times person of the year. She deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 497October 24, 2019 7:14 AM

[quote]Do we really need to hear about everything that Lindsey Graham does every day at every hour?

Whatever your ongoing motive or association to deflect for this Senator, r489, it remains highly relevant. To pass here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498October 24, 2019 10:09 AM

[quote]Nancy should be Times person of the year. She deserves it.

This. Great call. Delicious to think of Trumpy's uncontrollable rage. Please let it happen.

by Anonymousreply 499October 24, 2019 10:45 AM

Wouldn't it be more likely to be the whistleblower? S/he is the one who caused this dam to finally break.

by Anonymousreply 500October 24, 2019 11:38 AM

Throuple of the Year?

Whistleblower/Trump/Pelosi?

by Anonymousreply 501October 24, 2019 1:54 PM

Hell yes, Nancy should be Time's Person Of The Year.

While we're at it, let’s give her a Nobel Peace Prize, too. Just to piss off Trump if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 502October 24, 2019 1:55 PM

Much new speculation about who is Anonymous. Indicators are this person still works in the administration at a senior level. I have my idea as to the identity, but less than certain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503October 24, 2019 2:06 PM

Doesn't it have to be someone no longer in the administration? I thought you could not do any books, etc, while in the administration.

by Anonymousreply 504October 24, 2019 2:10 PM

Aren't we all ... anonymous? *snicker*

by Anonymousreply 505October 24, 2019 2:18 PM

NYT:

Trump’s War on the ‘Deep State’ Turns Against Him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506October 24, 2019 2:46 PM

The Hill:

White House: Trump 'happy' to see GOP storm impeachment hearing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507October 24, 2019 2:50 PM

USA Today:

Article II of the Constitution: Trump's 'right to do whatever I want?' Or a roadmap for impeachment?

"I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." – President Donald Trump, July 23, 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508October 24, 2019 2:53 PM

CNN:

Rudy Giuliani is looking for a defense attorney, sources say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509October 24, 2019 3:04 PM

Politico:

‘This is a danger zone’: Trump faces an existential test with evangelicals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510October 24, 2019 3:06 PM

[quote]Trump’s War on the ‘Deep State’ Turns Against Him

Media and the Dems continue with this basic communications blunder - repeating this and other Trumpian terms even as a reference.

Rule no. 1 - don't use the terms you want to refute. Don't reinforce them in people's minds. Once people latch onto a phrase, it's hard to convince them it's not accurate.

But the damage is done. So now the Dems DNC, candidates, everyone on the Dem side should start using a term like the Patriotic State instead. Repeat ad nauseam until people get the gist.

by Anonymousreply 511October 24, 2019 4:14 PM

New York Bar Association told 'Twiggy' to recuse himself from the Ukraine scandal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 24, 2019 4:15 PM

Twiggy...said nobody ever

by Anonymousreply 513October 24, 2019 4:27 PM

Question on the NY State Bar. Is their decision binding? Does Barr’s law license depend on his following the NY State Bar?

by Anonymousreply 514October 24, 2019 4:31 PM

I should imagine he belongs to multiple bar associations (VA, DC, NY chiefly).

by Anonymousreply 515October 24, 2019 4:39 PM

Twiggy — more like Piggy. He’s ginormous.

by Anonymousreply 516October 24, 2019 4:47 PM

There is an opinion piece by Hugh Hewitt in the Washington Post from two hours ago and it's pure bullshit. Among other things:

The Republican Party risks exile for longer than it has endured in the modern era if, in the absence of incontrovertible evidence of actual “high crimes and misdemeanors,” it deserts President Trump during the campaign to remove him from office. Democrats are pursuing impeachment because they obviously fear that they cannot defeat him at the ballot box in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 517October 24, 2019 4:50 PM

Some of that BS is repackaged directly from Trump -- either tweets or lines he has spoken. Risible nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 518October 24, 2019 5:00 PM

Why Hugh Hewitt is allowed to publish his propaganda ramblings in the WP is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 519October 24, 2019 5:09 PM

Matt Gaetz is a piece of shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520October 24, 2019 5:09 PM

I know, but it stinks that it gets published in the WP, r518. Oh, you just posted r519. I'll post it here, don't shoot me. Such bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521October 24, 2019 5:13 PM

Politico: Senate Republicans to condemn impeachment inquiry after Trump gripes

“This is a kangaroo court and it will not stand,” Graham said this week. “I’ve got a resolution saying if you’re going to impeach the president give him the same rights that Richard Nixon had and that Bill Clinton had ... what’s going on now is disgusting.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522October 24, 2019 5:18 PM

They are at the "pound the desk" stage.

by Anonymousreply 523October 24, 2019 5:20 PM

Nancy and the House should just laugh at them and then carry on. It’s exactly what they would do if the roles were reversed.

“Disgusting” Yet more projection from Miss Lindz. Like fucking a seventeen year old, Uncle Bottom?

by Anonymousreply 524October 24, 2019 5:26 PM

By all means mention Trump in the context of Nixon, the rights he was accorded worked out so well for him. Please keep referring to Nixon to strengthen the steady impetus against Trump. Nixon has always been the basic benchmark for Trump's corruption, now finally more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 525October 24, 2019 5:31 PM

I don't recall the Senatrice or any other Republicans griping about this same closed session process when Trey Gowdy did it with the (2nd, 3rd?) Benghazi investigation.

I also don't recall any storming of the barricades by House Democrats either.

by Anonymousreply 526October 24, 2019 5:45 PM

To those of you old enough to remember Watergate.....did Republicans back then bend over backwards to defend Nixon the way that Republicans are doing for Trump? Were they threatening a civil war over Nixon's impeachment? I do remember Clinton's impeachment, and while Democrats were pissed and saw it as a partisan attack, I don't remember anyone theatening a civil war.

by Anonymousreply 527October 24, 2019 5:49 PM

If Trump hasn't consented to impeachment, it's literal rape!

by Anonymousreply 528October 24, 2019 5:50 PM

Republicans haven't changed that much, R527. They completely defended Nixon, made "witch hunt" claims, attacked journalists, leaked confidential information, the whole nine yards. Some of them finally caved when confronted with the tapes. I think the looming presence of an actual war stopped them from threatening a civil war.

by Anonymousreply 529October 24, 2019 6:01 PM

Also, there was no social media or cable back then, so the GOP couldn't vomit this constant barrage of misinformation and lies through multiple channels.

You can only imagine what Nixon would do with a Twitter handle...

by Anonymousreply 530October 24, 2019 6:05 PM

The release of the tapes marked the Republican turning point against Nixon, R527. At least for those who weren't implicated in the scandal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531October 24, 2019 6:05 PM

Hugh Hewitt is a Republican insider and fraternizer who works at MSNBC. During the 2016 GOP primaries, Trump attacked him even at a debate. Since Trump got the nomination, he kisses Trump"s ass. Part of that may be due to Hewitt wanting to have trusted Trump and party connections to deliver his stories and hear the gossip. I won't watch him and don't read his columns.

by Anonymousreply 532October 24, 2019 6:08 PM

With the storming of the hearings... Because they broke protocol, shouldn't they lose their security clearances?

by Anonymousreply 533October 24, 2019 6:35 PM

Well Republicans are joyful that the two most fervent Trump-loving drama queens for the House and Senate, are declared heterosexuals.

Yep, there's nothing closeted about Graham and Gaetz, Capitol Hill's two most eligible bachelors.. They advocated and voted anti-gay. That so validated it.

Hear, hear, to studly pussy hounders!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534October 24, 2019 6:44 PM

No matter what evidence the investigation will provide for the Senate Republicans it will be FAKE NEWS, because they will go down with Trump willingly. Graham and McConnell have way too much to lose. Even more since Trump will not go silently. Trump isn't loyal to anyone, and he will throw them all under the bus for a few more seconds looting the White House and waiting for Putin's private jet to pick him up.

by Anonymousreply 535October 24, 2019 6:49 PM

Rethugs shriek for TRANSPARENCY!!! All while continuing to help Drumpf hide his tax returns?

Yeah, theyve always been the party of WTF hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 536October 24, 2019 7:17 PM

[quote] Also, there was no social media or cable back then, so the GOP couldn't vomit this constant barrage of misinformation and lies through multiple channels.

The companion piece to this is the legitimate media at the time were not stenographers, just dutifully telling the public whatever lies the White House was serving. Walter Cronkite wouldn’t have participated in such demeaning nonsense and the same goes for John Chancellor, David Brinkley, and Harry Reasoner.

by Anonymousreply 537October 24, 2019 7:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538October 24, 2019 9:48 PM

[quote]According to a source familiar with her testimony, Cooper also said that DOD had made it clear to the White House that by withholding funds without congressional authorization, it was at risk of violating the law.

[quote]She was made aware of a quid pro quo between the security assistance and a commitment from Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539October 24, 2019 9:56 PM

Smellyanne tries to go all Mob Wives on a conservative reporter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540October 24, 2019 10:05 PM

Has this thread hit paywall?

by Anonymousreply 541October 24, 2019 10:25 PM

The GOP has cultivated a toxic base. They've created a monster. They cannot kill that monster without killing their careers and the party. They had to see this coming.

What I love love love is how all conservative principles (at least what they use to think they were) have been undone, upended.

I also love love love how they have stepped aside and let Pres Bone Spurs demean Raygun and W. Raygun is no longer talked about as this great, wonderful conservative god.

by Anonymousreply 542October 24, 2019 10:42 PM

r542, why do you think they WANT to kill the monster they created? They deliberately created the monster to destroy the US / the world, so they can re-build it in their conservative Utopian New World Order image.

by Anonymousreply 543October 24, 2019 10:48 PM

I'm hoping the public really abandons the repubs in the next several elections but don't have my hopes up. Look at how quickly repubs gained favor after the Nixon debacle. OK Ford didn't get elected after finishing out Nixon's term but Carter only got 1 term and then we had 3 straight repub victories

Look at how angry people were at Bush but after Obama's 2 terms there was JUST ENOUGH anger and apathy (along with cheating and interference) that allowed repubs to win again

by Anonymousreply 544October 24, 2019 11:01 PM

It really is a given, they always come back. They're masters of exploitation of grievance but then we have a population of rubes always too willing to take the bait.

by Anonymousreply 545October 24, 2019 11:09 PM

Republicans are cutthroat bastards, r544. They know the key to retaining power is voter suppression. They have won exactly ONE nation-wide election since 1988, and that was because George Bush played the 9/11 card. They are the minority party, and I’m sick of them leveling the playing field through out and out cheating.

by Anonymousreply 546October 24, 2019 11:11 PM

it'll be interesting to see as Generation X is now middle aged and Millennials are now all of voting age (ranging from 20s to mid 30s) how that changes election results. Will the white heterosexual christian Gen X and Millennials be more liberal than their parents or will they too become more conservative as they get older?

by Anonymousreply 547October 24, 2019 11:14 PM

George Will said only a complete election annihilation of the GOP in the next several elections will change them.

by Anonymousreply 548October 24, 2019 11:17 PM

[quote]They have won exactly ONE nation-wide election since 1988

Yeah ... won ....

by Anonymousreply 549October 24, 2019 11:20 PM

The DOJ is said to have opened a criminal investigation into its own investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election. I think Barr is an actual Russian agent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550October 25, 2019 12:48 AM

I am hoping the press exposes this investigation as so much hot air...

by Anonymousreply 551October 25, 2019 12:58 AM

Barr is a sociopath who was put in position by Republicans to appease Trump and keep him in office no matter what. The Republicans definitely do not want impeachment and removal from office, because other than the Syria thing and a few other quibbles, the other Republicans in his administration (.e.g Ajit Pai at the FCC, Ben Carson in HUD, etc.) are doing exactly what they want. And Trump's destroying the executive branch from every front which also plays into their hand of making government non-functional.

by Anonymousreply 552October 25, 2019 12:59 AM

here we go with the bullshit

so Barr the head of our Intelligence is basically waging war on our Intelligence agencies.

by Anonymousreply 553October 25, 2019 1:04 AM

Now barr is trying to say that obama fixed it so trump would win so they could bring him down with this ukranian russian stuff. Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME? What the actual fuck??

by Anonymousreply 554October 25, 2019 1:06 AM

Escalating that investigation into a criminal inquiry is a serious weapon against constitutional government. Trump and Barr won't be satisfied until our whole government bows to the Kremlin.

by Anonymousreply 555October 25, 2019 1:06 AM

R554 it doesn't matter how crazy the conspiracy theories are. Trump, most repub politicians and most of right wing media will amplify and push these conspiracy theories so the repub base and some moderates will believe ANYTHING they're told

by Anonymousreply 556October 25, 2019 1:08 AM

So is it time to take it to the streets?

by Anonymousreply 557October 25, 2019 1:09 AM

Now the CIA allegedly tricked the FBI into opening the investigation . . .

by Anonymousreply 558October 25, 2019 1:09 AM

Yes, go do that r557, let us know how you get on.

by Anonymousreply 559October 25, 2019 1:10 AM

it's clear they want this bullshit inquiry to overtake the Impeachment proceedings.

We know Fox will air this 24/7 now. I hope the mainstream media dismisses it but I don't have faith. You know the NYT will probably play ball

by Anonymousreply 560October 25, 2019 1:12 AM

When was the last time, if ever, the Mainstream media did the right thing?

by Anonymousreply 561October 25, 2019 1:29 AM

R561, and withholding news of this investigation would be the right thing?

by Anonymousreply 562October 25, 2019 1:39 AM

Uh... no.

by Anonymousreply 563October 25, 2019 1:45 AM

Schiff needs to subpoena that translator from Dump's Helsinki meeting with Putin.

by Anonymousreply 564October 25, 2019 1:47 AM

It is ridiculous B.S. and their reasons are so flatly crazy.

by Anonymousreply 565October 25, 2019 1:56 AM

Barr will accuse President Obama of a crime.

You watch. That's how evil that motherfucker Barr is.

by Anonymousreply 566October 25, 2019 2:00 AM

Commenters on MSNBC are saying this prosecutor John Durham is an honorable guy, etc, but that's the same thing they said about Barr last year.

by Anonymousreply 567October 25, 2019 2:03 AM

I think it's going to come down to which side the military is on.

by Anonymousreply 568October 25, 2019 2:03 AM

I want MUELLER to come forward again. Remember he wanted us to know that the most important thing from his report and his testimony was that Russia DID do this, and CONTINUE to do this. And he would know, he indicted Russians!

If I were him I would be furious.

by Anonymousreply 569October 25, 2019 2:05 AM

R566> Obama, Hillary, Schiff, Pelosi - all of them.

Now, Barr will arrest/prosecute the innocent people and let the obvious, criminal, motherfuckers off.

by Anonymousreply 570October 25, 2019 2:16 AM

Obama and Hillary need to go to England until Trump and Barr are removed!

by Anonymousreply 571October 25, 2019 2:19 AM

R560 is correct. This is a new distraction. Rachel covered it in detail but in her handoff to O'Donnell, the latter stated that it's unclear what "crime" is being investigated.

R567, I was thinking the same thing about Durham, though Barr did have that Scooter Libby pardon reco in his background that should have been a red flag.

by Anonymousreply 572October 25, 2019 2:28 AM

Well, Barr's pretty chubby. Maybe he'll be the one to have a stroke or heart attack.

A girl can dream...

by Anonymousreply 573October 25, 2019 2:29 AM

This is bad. Very bad and scary. Maddow and O’Donnell panelists are very worried about what Barr is planning to do. Barr will invent a crime. I don’t trust Durham either.

by Anonymousreply 574October 25, 2019 2:35 AM

Bone Spurs, Barr Hog, and other Putie assets/agents are trying to pull a Coup d'état. And Miss Lindsey helps!

by Anonymousreply 575October 25, 2019 2:36 AM

Bone Spurs, Barr Hog, and other Putie assets/agents are trying to pull a Coup d'état. And Miss Lindsey helps!

by Anonymousreply 576October 25, 2019 2:36 AM

Witch Hunt!

by Anonymousreply 577October 25, 2019 2:44 AM

I knew of Durham from the US Attorney’s office in DC when we worked there at the same time. I never had any cases with him. I can say that he has enjoyed a very good reputation as a straight-shooter prosecutor. He was not a partisan as far as I know. But I have no idea what his motivation might be in this case. At this point I don’t trust anyone unless I know for certain they are not a Repuke.

by Anonymousreply 578October 25, 2019 2:46 AM

Durham is not leading this investigation, Barr is...Durham wasn't flying across the globe trying to dig up dirt. Durham for all we know wants to call a Grand Jury to put this to bed...Barr has other ideas.

by Anonymousreply 579October 25, 2019 2:58 AM

R560 is right.

R544, you got me to thinking....back in the 40's 50's and 6y0's, the Left used to have "teach ins" at universities, and gatherings in people's homes to educate about the issues and the games. We also had mandatory history and government and civics classes in junior high and high school, and understood how it all worked. But people are much dumber today. It's also a consequence of the war against organized labor. Unions used to educate their members about issues. The average factory worker understood more about tariffs and trade wars than an economist. I think gatherings in private homes with a legitimate discussion leader and teach-ins on campus are definitely something we should all be organizing.

by Anonymousreply 580October 25, 2019 3:01 AM

[quote]The opening statement of Bill Taylor, the top US diplomat in Ukraine, is "reverberating" on Capitol Hill among Republicans, according to GOP Hill sources, who said Taylor's testimony is a game changer in the impeachment inquiry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581October 25, 2019 3:18 AM

Someone asked if I had anything to report- not at the moment. I have been super busy at work. There is so much gossip and so many rumors going around. My friend will text me if something looks legit.

by Anonymousreply 582October 25, 2019 3:20 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583October 25, 2019 3:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584October 25, 2019 3:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585October 25, 2019 3:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586October 25, 2019 3:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587October 25, 2019 3:49 AM

[quote]Chairman Schiff and Nadler: "These reports, if true, raise profound new concerns that the Department of Justice under Attorney General William Barr has lost its independence and become a vehicle for President Trump's political revenge."

by Anonymousreply 588October 25, 2019 3:53 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589October 25, 2019 3:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590October 25, 2019 3:55 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 591October 25, 2019 3:56 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 592October 25, 2019 3:56 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 593October 25, 2019 3:56 AM

out

by Anonymousreply 594October 25, 2019 3:56 AM

Continue

by Anonymousreply 595October 25, 2019 3:56 AM

Discussion

by Anonymousreply 596October 25, 2019 3:56 AM

at

by Anonymousreply 597October 25, 2019 3:56 AM

the

by Anonymousreply 598October 25, 2019 3:56 AM

link

by Anonymousreply 599October 25, 2019 3:56 AM

New thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 25, 2019 3:57 AM

Bajour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601October 25, 2019 4:08 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602October 25, 2019 4:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!