Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Within Treason:Deeper and Deeper (The Impeachment Inquiry, Part 8)

Continued Discussion

When you know the notes to sing you can sing most anything...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 30, 2019 9:16 PM

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2019 3:28 AM

Nice one- OP!

Will Pres Bone Spurs spontaneously combust this week?

Will tomorrow be another blockbuster Friday news dump?

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2019 3:32 AM

Kellyanne “StinkFish” Conway is a fucking Psycho CUNT!!! BPD, Sociopathic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2019 3:59 AM

R3 BPD and sociopath. She has A LOT going on........

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2019 4:04 AM

Damn she really ripped into that reporter. That is clear verbal abuse.

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2019 4:11 AM

The Hill:

Trump plans to appeal House subpoena for financial records to Supreme Court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2019 4:15 AM

R6 here we go. This is the first big test of SC.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2019 4:17 AM

NYT:

Republicans Fight Trump’s Impeachment by Attacking the Process

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2019 4:17 AM

I wonder if the people in those c list celebrity fiend threads if they have any clue what’s going on in the world.

Are they going to keep on stalking these people right up until we’re all locked up in concentration camps?

They have really been doing this thing. They are really going to go for this.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2019 4:35 AM

Yep, I have the queasy feeling we may be watching the fall of the republic to feed the bank accounts of 30 - maybe 40 - uber-rich cunts.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2019 4:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2019 8:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2019 8:18 AM

I think Nancy is making a mistake in dragging out the impeachment inquiry into November. They have enough to do it now, just do it.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2019 9:14 AM

Nancy counts on more right wing stunts to put public opinion so against the Republicans even the right wing media can't ignore it anymore and every pro Trump poster on social media is immediately dismissed as Russian or alt-right troll.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2019 9:35 AM

Barr needs be be removed and prosecuted himself. Even Satan is appalled.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2019 9:47 AM

How she lures her gentleman callers. She runs a home bar like Roger on American Dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2019 10:02 AM

a former repub Oklahoman congressman (forget his name) who is anti-Trump appeared on both MSNBC and CNN last night. He said he has sources saying soon there might be whistleblowers coming from the DOJ about Bar. I really hope he's right. I mean imagine the career professionals in there who have been dealing with Barr's shit. This latest stunt doesn't seem tolerable at all.

It's very clear he's abusing his power as AG by covering for Trump and then turning around and attacking those who dared to investigate Russia/Trump. That cannot be legal

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2019 10:07 AM

Don’t MARY me please but I got so freaked out about this new DOJ thing that I had to turn Rachel off after the first 20 minutes. Is there a bright spot anyone can share?

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2019 10:32 AM

^It is unnerving, r18, with a Chekist feel to it.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2019 12:09 PM

[quote]Barr will accuse President Obama of a crime.

Of course. Sean Hannity et al have been telling Rube Nation that Obama directed the "deep state" to take down Trump from the moment Trump was elected, and that all the connections between Russia and the Trump campaign were totally manufactured.

Frank Figliuzzi pointed out last night that the reason this has been made a criminal investigation is all show -- FBI agents and CIA officers will (understandably) lawyer up in the face of a criminal investigation and the right-wing will say, "See, they're not willing to sit down and just tell the truth, they're guilty."

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2019 12:14 PM

But the FISA warrants!! Will that be their new clarion call?

So Amy K released info yesterday saying Barr buried the whistleblower complaint. Hopefully something comes out of that.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2019 12:23 PM

Poor Amy can’t seem to get any traction on her discovery.

And it’s pretty startling when you realize so many people have no idea any of this is happening. Too busy watching the Kardashians.

Watergate was known by the average household.

And here we are going to have to drop leaflets in deploraville.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2019 12:26 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2019 1:07 PM

What happens if Barr is indicted while this investigation into the Russia probe is going on? I have a feeling REALLY BIG SHIT is going to start hitting the fan against not just Trump but Barr and Pompeo (new whistleblowers, etc.). They all know it so this is Barr's play.

by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2019 1:11 PM

Notable: Nine GOP Senators did not sign on to Miss Lindsey's resolution condemning the House impeachment inquiry:

Susan Collins (Maine), Cory Gardner (Colorado), Dan Sullivan (Alaska), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Rob Portman (Ohio),Mitt Romney (Utah), Lamar Alexander (Tennessee), Johnny Isakson (Georgia) and Mike Enzi (Wyoming).

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2019 1:24 PM

^ That list is just BRIMMING with CONCERN

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2019 1:25 PM

So are we to believe that Obama set this whole Russia thing in motion while Trump wasn't even the candidate yet? It's so complicated and so many people had to be in on it, that it couldn't possibly have been done on a whim. And let's not forget that Fusion GPS was hired by a conservative (Republican) political website (The Washington Free Beacon) to dig up dirt on Trump. The whole thing is so convoluted. Barr and Miss Lindsey must have come up with this investigation after a drunken night of wanton debauchery.

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2019 1:28 PM

Why isn't there a "hero" in the Republican party who has a conscience and stands up against all this hurtful shit happening to the country? Is she or he out there waiting in the wings? Waiting for the right moment? This is the opportunity of a lifetime to be a hero and to cement a place in the history books. Romney and Kasich don't count. These Republicans are a bunch of pussies.

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2019 1:32 PM

Thanks, R25, and may the list grow longer. Pierre grew some balls.

I'm not worried about Barr's bullshit redundancy. They want to go after Comey? Fine by me. He's one of theirs. They want to take down Mueller or Rosenstein? Good, that will teach them to crawl into bed with neo-fascists and put their country-club lives first.

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2019 1:35 PM

r28, Don't look at me, I did it last time.

Besides, I'm an independent now.

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2019 1:42 PM

^Yes R27, and we have to ignore the assessment of all 17 security agencies and the Muller report.

It's obvious that Puty Toot Toot ordered the Orange Anus to end the sanctions. Any flimsy pretense will do.

The deplorables are thirsty to have Lisa and Peter read their texts so they can scream about "...the Insurance Policy".

From the Guardian:

At a historic summit in Moscow this week, President George Bush will mark what he claims is the final putting to rest of the cold war, by shaking hands with his new best friend, Pootie-Poot. That, according to today's issue of Time magazine, is the president's nickname for the Russian president, Vladimir Putin. At times of tension between the two countries, we are told, Mr Bush is known to tell his staff: "Get me Pootie-Poot on the phone."

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2019 1:42 PM

Fingers and toes crossed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2019 1:53 PM

McCabe too. They deserve it. I wish they would try to lock up Obama. It would wake the sleeping giant that is the American people. That would get their attention.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2019 2:01 PM

Tulsi is considering a third-party run for president and withdrawing from the Senate race. She's also appearing on Fox repeatedly, criticizing Democrats and promoting Russian and Republican talking points. She's another Russian asset, which we knew.

From the article: There’s also a significant advantage for a Tulsi spoiler run from the grifting, Wall Street Trump-loving executives. They can’t directly support Trump. Anyone holding a fundraiser or donating money is, correctly, labeled for supporting a misogynistic, bigoted psychopath. They can, however, donate to Tulsi’s campaign. I predict a lot of businesses fearing a boycott will instead contribute to Tulsi, because indirectly helping Trump is pretty much the same thing as helping him directly—without the backlash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2019 2:10 PM

The biggest mistake Congress made was not to impeach Barr the moment he went on national tv and misrepresented the Mueller Report and by allowing him to control the narrative by using lies, distractions and withholding the report hostage while he did so. Reminder...WE STILL DO NOT HAVE A FULL UNREDACTED COPY OF THE MUELLER REPORT OR ITS UNDERLYING INTELLIGENCE. Even the copy select people are allowed to see is redacted.

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2019 2:11 PM

I love that people are attacking Andrew Yang for hiring Tad Devine because of his connections to Manafort and the Ukraine and Russia...but they were all silent when he worked for Bernie Sanders...UP UNTIL A FEW MONTHS AGO. There are 3 people that are suspected of having Russian backing/assistance...Tulsi Gabbard, Jill Stein....AND BERNIE SANDERS. But, just like with Trump and his ties to Russia, people choose to ignore it until its too late. Its a wonder we have survived this long. I blame the 24 hour news cycle and social media...until they appeared, the nutjobs and cultists had a very limited platform and propaganda had minimal grasp on reality.

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2019 2:17 PM

The bright spot on Rachel's show was that one of the Democratic Representatives who's on the House judiciary committee said that this "probe" by Barr had already been underway (that's why fat Billy has been traveling all over Europe) trying to find 'evidence' and our allies in Europe are having none of it. Italy, for example told Barr that they had no information about the Trump campaign being spied on during the 2016 campaign. The whole premise of the 'deep state' assertion concerning Trump is ABSURD. I recommend anyone who is nervous about this listen Rachel's 10/24 show. She clearly points out all these absurdities, and has excellent guests who contribute their insight. A LARGE number of career officials in the DOJ, FBI, as well as the CIA would have to be willing to lie for Barr and Dump. If they did this, these people know they'd be throwing a large number of their (innocent) colleagues to the wolves, as well as politicizing the DOJ, and thereby KILLING US DEMOCRACY. It ain't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 37October 25, 2019 2:20 PM

I wonder what Paul Fucking Ryan would be saying if he was still around? Where's he? What a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2019 2:21 PM

This 'investigate the investigators' effort has been a Trump, Barr, Graham, Hannity, etc , initiative for many months. The mainstream media is just now paying serious attention to it. Maddow knows this isn't new. Graham has been trying to have the Senate Judiciary Committee pursue such since she became Chair.

Barr is doing very bad things. He is destroying the U.S. intelligence apparatus and pursuing bogus prosecutions of personnel. This is at Trump's direction "All roads lead to Putin". The administration, and plenty in Congress, are infested with Putin's agents, assets, and others being blackmailed. This has been planned and developed for years. No accident, just greedy, unethical, and unpatriotic characters on the take.

by Anonymousreply 39October 25, 2019 2:26 PM

[quote]The mainstream media is just now paying serious attention to it.

The mainstream media is paying serious attention to it now because it's just gotten more serious – it was obvious it was a fool's errand before, but now that it's been changed from an administrative review to a criminal investigation, Barr can employ all sorts of nefarious tools to score political points.

If nothing else, it's a clear message to the FBI and CIA that if you see evidence that the Russians or anyone else is assisting the GOP you better look the other way or Barr will open an investigation on you.

by Anonymousreply 40October 25, 2019 2:32 PM

Following on from r37 there is a chance this is mostly a dog-and-pony show to coddle the Boy King Trump, even though it will never generate anything of substance.

It is an abuse of government resources, of course, and Barr is definitely using it as a way to deflect some of the sunlight around Ukraine and his involvement. Also, as stated, Durham could go ahead and get testimony and a grand jury just to prove he is being thorough only to end the proceedings with a whole lotta nuthin' to show.

It could go on for some time, too, just to give Trump a distraction, and a distraction to point toward...it will be important to not take the bait.

by Anonymousreply 41October 25, 2019 2:35 PM

What Trump wanted Zelenski to in Ukraine, is exactly the crap Barr is doing IN the US.

Time to impeach Barr.

by Anonymousreply 42October 25, 2019 2:37 PM

A legit whistleblower complaint coming from the DOJ against Barr would be such a shitstorm...I'd love to see it happen because it would probably end in him stepping down, and Trump would be running around with his fake hair on fire.

by Anonymousreply 43October 25, 2019 2:39 PM

R41 is correct. This is the Benghazi hearings and Hillary’s emails rolled into one. Since the Repugs don’t have the House committees to do their bidding, they’ve turned to the DOJ. The point is not to find any actual wrong-doing (they know there really isn’t any), it’s just to be able to cast aspersions on Democrats during the 2020 campaign by saying they’re all “under investigation.”

by Anonymousreply 44October 25, 2019 2:41 PM

OR....it could be an orchestrated "coup".

by Anonymousreply 45October 25, 2019 2:47 PM

I just read Andrew McCabe's book. He is no fan of Trump/Putin and knows Trump is a Russian asset and career criminal. That's why he was fired a day before retiring, and harassed by Trump. He was also very complimentary of Obama's administration compared to the Republicans he's worked for, despite being a Republican then. He's trying to fight back, but the administration is very powerful.

by Anonymousreply 46October 25, 2019 2:48 PM

Don't let the Republicans take the offensive. Move on impeachment with vigor. Start proceedings now on Barr for obstruction, and impeach him too. That will get the turd formally labeled.

by Anonymousreply 47October 25, 2019 2:50 PM

The administration is only powerful because Barr gave them the power.

by Anonymousreply 48October 25, 2019 2:51 PM

The House Judiciary Committee should probably open an inquiry into the propriety of Barr’s investigation. He’s another one who thinks he is beyond the reach of the law — because he believes that he IS the law. Time to knock that fat fuck down several pegs.

by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2019 3:14 PM

Interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 25, 2019 3:25 PM

What BArr is doing is theater to justify Trump lifting the sanctions on Russia. That's the agenda. It will also smear and confuse and distract. . Now there were something like 20 lawyers working on the Mueller investigation. Do we really believe they'll sit there and let Barr get away with this? Barr is like Icarus of Greek legend.

by Anonymousreply 51October 25, 2019 3:29 PM

Just want to add that Barr is overreaching. Instead of working on Trump to resign, the party is over, he is digging in and abetting this charade. Barr is filth and I hope Amy's allegations and many others come forward to bury that ugly little toad. There is an INSURMOUNTABLE body of proof that Russia interefered. No "alternative facts" will change it. And No, Obama will not be charged. They are going after DoJ employees who won't fall in line.

by Anonymousreply 52October 25, 2019 3:33 PM

Oh, the sychophants are pushing the narrative:

Lindsey tweets:

[quote]I don’t believe the Durham investigation is a Witch Hunt — or at all improper. I never claimed the Mueller investigation was a Witch Hunt. Let the chips fall where they may!

Suppose attention-craving Lindsey wants to be the star of this drama and save Trump. When LG crashes, and it will happen one day not too far off, it will be a hard thump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2019 3:34 PM

This is the referenced, timed, and planted WE article the Trump and the Republican gang (L.G., Mitch, & Co.) are hailing.

Wasn't dropped to NYT or WP initially. They are trying to control the messaging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2019 3:47 PM

[quote] What BArr is doing is theater to justify Trump lifting the sanctions on Russia.

Precisely. The rest is just gravy.

by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2019 4:11 PM

I have to echo what others have said about political commentators and pundits saying that this Durham person (who, quite honestly, looks like child rapist) is an “honorable man” or other assorted morsels of bullshit. We heard all of you fucks (Chuck Rosenberg, Frank Figluzzi, Joyce Vance, etc.) describe Bill Barr as “an institutionalist” and mollifying the fears of the Democratic Party that there was nothing to worry about.

I will worry about anyone associated with these monsters until proven otherwise, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 56October 25, 2019 4:16 PM

R38, Paul Ryan is now at Fox News.

Speaking of Fox News, it's wrong that Facebook posts deceitful political ads but why is Fox News allowed to lie all day to sway an ignorant and hateful cult? There are truth in advertising laws, you can't say that Coke still contains cocaine but you can demonize liberal patriots for the most heinous and destructive motives.

America is badly damaged by repukes, we may never recover. So the attraction to Russia is untold wealth to be gained by doing illicit business there, but has anyone looked at Russia's history lately? It's a hot violent mess. Autocratic kings and queens, murderous revolution followed by one oppressive dictatorship after another. So they had a brief period of a paranoid democracy but are now back to dictatorship. They really don't know the value of free speech, a free press, and the fresh air of a government for and by the people. They have never really had it.

That our government is in debt to Russian villains is horribly outrageous. It all makes me so sick. America is populated by all kinds of stupid. It will get much, much worse if people like billionaire DeVos remain in power, further sending our educational system back to the dark ages. That's what trump, barr, and all those criminals want, recreate America as a feudal society. Serfs, peasants and a tiny elite.

Fuck that!!! We have to fight and never give up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 25, 2019 4:33 PM

R57, even worse, Ryan is on the board of Fox Corp.

by Anonymousreply 58October 25, 2019 5:00 PM

And don't forget R54, they all vouched for Mueller. And look how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 59October 25, 2019 5:09 PM

Hold on. Mueller is not Barr. Whatever may have been lacking in his report, he nevertheless laid out all the evidence of tRump’s contacts with Russia and the numerous instances of his obstruction of justice. Mueller was hamstrung by Barr and DOJ rules. Barr on the other hand is very dangerous and working against the country’s interests. That is not Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 60October 25, 2019 5:29 PM

I would think (cautiously) that there is a great deal that Mueller did that will provide the bedrock for any ultimate impeachment. It's easy to get angry because he didn't press for impeachment himself but how could he without it actually looking like a witch hunt?

We're so surrounded by screeching idiots that we've forgotten what adult behavior looks like.

by Anonymousreply 61October 25, 2019 5:32 PM

Trump is speaking at a an historically black college today, with a pre-arranged audience of 300, more than half the seats reserved for allies and friends, and only about 10 students allowed.

Really stepping outside his comfort zone.

by Anonymousreply 62October 25, 2019 5:41 PM

Anyone who doesn't think Barr pulled the plug on the Mueller probe are fucking morons. This all goes back to Barr.

by Anonymousreply 63October 25, 2019 5:45 PM

Dems have about one week left to move to impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 64October 25, 2019 5:45 PM

Oh, really?

by Anonymousreply 65October 25, 2019 5:46 PM

It all re-doubles and multiplies if 1) Rudy arrested 2) DOJ whistleblower.

If both happen it will be a total, complete, and utter never-ending DC Shitstorm

by Anonymousreply 66October 25, 2019 5:48 PM

I think they HAVE to reveal the identity of the whistleblower. Otherwise this will never fly with the country.

by Anonymousreply 67October 25, 2019 5:59 PM

R67, posting from Minsk, dear?

by Anonymousreply 68October 25, 2019 6:02 PM

R64 and those pushing to speed this up are trolls. It's their new tactic. It started last night. You know this because McConnell gave it away by trying to determine Pelosi's timeline for her and, thereby, form public expectations by spewing his "Thanksgiving" bullshit. Pelosi will tell him to go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 69October 25, 2019 6:03 PM

I don't believe in the case of Nixon "Deep Throat" real identity was never revealed during the investigation, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 70October 25, 2019 6:08 PM

Someone posted a little while back that DataLounge is a beta testing ground for pro-Trumpian arguments. They post stuff here to see what the reactions will be and then flood comments sections elsewhere with their bot-speak.

The “let’s move up the impeachment schedule!” is 100% a Deplorable talking point and should very obviously out posters here as MAGA troll cunts (such as the one that can be found at R67).

We’re all onto you, you retarded cunts.

by Anonymousreply 71October 25, 2019 6:09 PM

Washington Post:

Trump Organization to consider sale of D.C. hotel lease, sources say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 25, 2019 6:09 PM

My apologies. I don't believe in the case of Nixon "Deep Throat"'s identity was ever revealed during the investigation, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 73October 25, 2019 6:10 PM

It was not, r73.

by Anonymousreply 74October 25, 2019 6:11 PM

Federal Deficit hits 7yr high!!! 984 Billion in 2019!

Bravo Trump!!! FUCKING CUNT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 75October 25, 2019 6:11 PM

Why R67? Isn't it enough that the whistleblower opened the door for those 3 (so far) people to come forward and give their sworn testimony? And now we have the possibility of Bolton telling what he knows? Maybe the whistleblower should be protected and let it drive Trump crazy trying to figure out who it was.

by Anonymousreply 76October 25, 2019 6:11 PM

Because people will say there is no whistleblower, that it was all a Deep Fake R76.

by Anonymousreply 77October 25, 2019 6:13 PM

For the Deplorables it's like with the Steele Dossier that got the ball rolling for the Mueller report. They always want to go back to the start and start investigating what started the whole thing and want to reveal it as fake news so the all the true things that were uncovered simply must be fake news, too.

by Anonymousreply 78October 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Was there ever public opinion that "Deep Throat" was a fictional person or persons?

by Anonymousreply 79October 25, 2019 6:16 PM

The whistleblower's job is complete. They don't need him anymore (I think it's pretty much assumed it's a dude, right?). Everything laid out by the WB has been substantiated in multiple ways by multiple people. Let the dude escape without ever being known.

by Anonymousreply 80October 25, 2019 6:20 PM

CBS:

White House hiring new staff to handle impeachment inquiry response

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 25, 2019 6:22 PM

R81, is that with taxpayer money?

by Anonymousreply 82October 25, 2019 6:25 PM

Deep Throat was a real person, but he was never part of the Watergate investigation. He confirmed aspects of the investigation to Bob Woodward as a background source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 25, 2019 6:30 PM

Who the fuck is going to work with these cunts?

NARRATOR: Idiot criminals.

by Anonymousreply 84October 25, 2019 6:31 PM

The Steel Dossier was exposed as a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 85October 25, 2019 6:33 PM

[R83] Yes, I know he was real - I should have clarified. What I meant was whether or not anyone accused him of being fictional.

by Anonymousreply 86October 25, 2019 6:34 PM

Ha, R85. The trolls aren't even trying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 87October 25, 2019 6:34 PM

Got it, r86–yes, I think that people did accuse Woodward of making him a composite from several sources.

by Anonymousreply 88October 25, 2019 6:36 PM

The question concerning the whistleblower is a total red herring and distraction. The transcript of the call that the White House itself released confirmed what the whistleblower claimed and then some. Even if you dismiss the whistleblower you're left with the evidence of the transcript and of the various other people who have now testified (especially Taylor).

Oh, hey Natasha, is that you at R85?

by Anonymousreply 89October 25, 2019 6:37 PM

This current whistleblower is a composite too. A "political truth" like Rigoberta Menchu.

by Anonymousreply 90October 25, 2019 6:38 PM

R81 they are not prepared, and can not get good people to organize in response to impeachment inquiry.

by Anonymousreply 91October 25, 2019 6:38 PM

I can't wait until they hang a "Help Wanted: Impeachment experience preferred. Apply Within" sign on the front gate of the White House.

by Anonymousreply 92October 25, 2019 6:45 PM

R92, the WH asked Emmet Flood, who advised Clinton during his impeachment, to come back and help them and he said he was "not available." Hah!

by Anonymousreply 93October 25, 2019 6:53 PM

Who on earth would want to be Dump’s lawyer, knowing in all likelihood they wouldn’t even be paid? Rudy probably want paid, but got in on all the funny money stuff going on.

by Anonymousreply 94October 25, 2019 6:55 PM

^ wasn’t paid...

by Anonymousreply 95October 25, 2019 6:55 PM

It's all about the Benjamins.

by Anonymousreply 96October 25, 2019 6:57 PM

It is all about the Benjamins while they incessantly march to the 1%.

by Anonymousreply 97October 25, 2019 6:59 PM

Cohen in jail, Giuliani likely to be arrested (what a day that will be!).

Of course no one is going to be jumping at being an attorney for Trump for anything!

by Anonymousreply 98October 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Watergate Deep Throat was #2 guy at the FBI; not small potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 99October 25, 2019 7:26 PM

So what R77? The people who came forward and gave sworn testimony are real and they have notes and documents, and who knows what else to back them up. Plus, Trump even admitted to what they are testifying to weeks before they all were subpoenaed. I grateful to the whistleblower and maybe years from now that person will come forward, but at this point, I really don't care who it is.

by Anonymousreply 100October 25, 2019 7:30 PM

Why can’t a lawyer mole get inside to help Trump with his Imoeachnent defense and leak like a sieve.

by Anonymousreply 101October 25, 2019 7:32 PM

Walking hand grenade Ghouliani butt-dialed an NBC reporter twice in the last couple weeks, left 3 minute recordings of conversations regarding Ukraine, needing money, etc. What a boob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 25, 2019 7:36 PM

A judge has just ordered that all redacted portions of the Mueller report must be released by 10/30.

by Anonymousreply 103October 25, 2019 7:36 PM

Judge just ruled that all Mueller grand jury materials should be released to the House.

by Anonymousreply 104October 25, 2019 7:37 PM

A judge just ordered a pizza.

by Anonymousreply 105October 25, 2019 7:38 PM

Link, please, to this excellent paragon of jurisprudence?

by Anonymousreply 106October 25, 2019 7:40 PM

Rudy has a long relationship with Bahrain as a security advisor, but I am sure he quickly cashed in as a go-to guy for getting shadow politics and meetings arranged.

He is begging to them because he is running low on cash flow.

by Anonymousreply 107October 25, 2019 7:40 PM

Mediate: Trump accused former President Barack Obama of engaging in treason during his comments to author Doug Wead for the book Inside Trump’s White House: The Real Story of His Presidency.

“What they did was treasonous, OK? It was treasonous,” President Trump claimed on the topic of Obama. “The interesting thing out of all of this is that we caught them spying on the election. They were spying on my campaign. So you know? What is that all about?”

Among others, Trump has recently accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) of treason.

“I have never ever said this, but truth is, they got caught spying,” he continued. “They were spying.”

by Anonymousreply 108October 25, 2019 7:41 PM

I heard it on MSNBC. There isn’t much online yet, r106.

[quote]The chief judge of D.C.’s federal court ordered the Justice Department on Friday to turn over to the House the portions of the special counsel Robert Mueller’s report that were redacted due to grand jury secrecy as well as those sections’ underlying grand jury transcripts or exhibits.

[quote] Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell gave the Justice Department until Oct. 30 to produce the materials to the House Judiciary Committee.

[quote] The ruling was a major victory for House Democrats who, until recently, had seen their oversight efforts almost entirely stonewalled by the Trump administration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 25, 2019 7:45 PM

This is Politico....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 25, 2019 7:50 PM

Will Bill Barr spend the whole weekend coming up with fake redactions?

I love Fridays in D.C.

by Anonymousreply 111October 25, 2019 7:54 PM

Yahoo:

Trump stands by 'gentleman' Giuliani as criminal probe widens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 25, 2019 8:12 PM

I think Barr may spend the weekend drinking scotch

by Anonymousreply 113October 25, 2019 8:12 PM

Bloated Billy needs to spend the weekend drinking arsenic.

by Anonymousreply 114October 25, 2019 8:14 PM

ProPublica: A reporter at The Hill worked with Ruby Julie to fuel the Ukraine hogwash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 25, 2019 8:18 PM

Reuters:

US government's annual budget deficit largest since 2012

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 25, 2019 8:20 PM

AP:

Russian woman who admitted being secret agent out of prison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 25, 2019 8:23 PM

by Anonymousreply 118October 25, 2019 8:25 PM

Congratulations to Maria Butina on her return to the motherland! I'll have a nice hot pot of tea ready for her.

by Anonymousreply 119October 25, 2019 8:25 PM

Will it be served on the balcony?

by Anonymousreply 120October 25, 2019 8:34 PM

Scruffily handsome Justin Walker has just gotten the Senate's approval as a federal judge in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 25, 2019 8:38 PM

Scruffily handsome Justin Walker has just gotten the Senate's approval as a federal judge in McConnell's home state of Kentucky. He's far rightwing Federalist Society member who clerked for Bret Kavanaugh and then for Anthony Kennedy. The American Bar Association gave him a “not qualified” rating on the basis of his lack of experience on the bench. But of course.

NOTE: I tried above to link to a scruffily handsome photo of him, but fucking Google isn't what it used to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 25, 2019 8:43 PM

OP what the fuck is wrong with you? How the hell do you even manage to use a computer let alone post on Datalounge? You are one of the rudest son of a bitches I’ve ever encountered on here in years. There’s already been a thread on this OP. As a matter of fact, you selfish asshole, there have been several threads on this, but ohhhh nooooo “I don’t have to do a search” says Mister Head Up His Ass. Well pull your fucking head out of your ass for once in your life you selfish son-of-a-bitch and have some consideration for others for a change and do a goddamn search first. Is that going to kill you? Is it? Can you just answer that question? Can you? Is it really going to kill you to do a search first? What is wrong with you? Are you that much of an idiot that you can’t use Google? Don’t even try the old “search function doesn’t work” line because every cunt on here knows how to work around that. Do a search before you post a thread next time you fucking asshole. You’ve ruined my day and I hate you.

by Anonymousreply 123October 25, 2019 8:53 PM

Compoz youself, r123...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 25, 2019 8:58 PM

Kellyanne leaks.

by Anonymousreply 125October 25, 2019 8:59 PM

Judge Orders DOJ To Hand Over Mueller Material, Validates Impeachment Probe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 25, 2019 9:30 PM

What the fuck is R123 even on?

by Anonymousreply 127October 25, 2019 9:31 PM

Certainly not Compoz.

by Anonymousreply 128October 25, 2019 9:35 PM

Dullards and Deplorables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 25, 2019 9:39 PM

R127 saw that exact post in another thread; Rosemary Woods topic as I recall.

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2019 9:39 PM

Found it here.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 25, 2019 9:40 PM

Lots of blocked trolls on this thread

by Anonymousreply 132October 25, 2019 9:41 PM

Mark Felt, AKA Deep Throat, died in 2008 at the age of 95 in 2009 at the home of his adoring daughter in Santa Rosa, CA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 25, 2019 9:45 PM

[quote]The transcript of the call that the White House itself released ...

is, in fact, not a transcript at all but a mere summary.

Yet another example of the republicans successfully controlling the narrative. They have called this in-house prepared summary a transcript so many many many times that everyone now calls it a transcript.

by Anonymousreply 134October 25, 2019 9:46 PM

'itch has gone crazy posting tweet after tweet. A few on her lists are women, so they can't all be gentleman callers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 25, 2019 9:51 PM

R126, that's huge.

by Anonymousreply 136October 25, 2019 10:19 PM

Michelle Goldberg on MSNBC:

"Autocracy & Corruption VS The Rule of Law"

by Anonymousreply 137October 25, 2019 10:24 PM

R136 wait for a trick... Fat Billy will be drinking Dewar’s and smoking Dominican cigars all weekend to figure out how to fuck it up.

by Anonymousreply 138October 25, 2019 10:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 25, 2019 10:40 PM

I wish Bill Barr would just, all of a sudden, drop DEAD. The future of the republic would be greatly helped.

by Anonymousreply 140October 25, 2019 10:40 PM

So are we Within Treason or has the Shit Hit The Fan?

by Anonymousreply 141October 25, 2019 10:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 25, 2019 10:44 PM

[quote]Sound of this Barr man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 25, 2019 11:05 PM

r140

In a true crime book I read, a policeman commented on a notably malevolent killer - [bold]"Some people have to be put down."[/bold] Don't remember the book title, they blend together after a while. That phrase stuck with me, though. It plainly stated in down to earth language how some individuals are so evil and so dangerous to society, they need to be treated like a rabid animal.

Your post reminded me of the policeman's statement.

by Anonymousreply 144October 25, 2019 11:38 PM

CNN's CEO Jeff Zucker rips into Fox News. Said he would hire Sheppard Smith.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 25, 2019 11:46 PM

Chief District Judge Beryl Howell signed an opinion that rejected the Justice Department's argument that it must preserve the secrecy of grand jury and other material and denied Republicans' case that House Democrats' inquiry is invalid.

Her opinion is BRUTAL.

by Anonymousreply 146October 25, 2019 11:57 PM

Hillary likely correct about Tulsi Gabbard. Indicators suggest that may be happening.

My guess, HRC knows things the public doesn't. She wouldn't go out on a limb with this without some evidence in her back pocket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 26, 2019 12:07 AM

R147, Bill Clinton still gets top secret security briefings. Of course she knows stuff the public doesn't. I'm glad she called Gabbard out.

by Anonymousreply 148October 26, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote]I love that people are attacking Andrew Yang for hiring Tad Devine

Wait! Yang was stupid enough to hire that Russian stooge ???? Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 149October 26, 2019 12:37 AM

Tad, Bernie's 2016 campaign manager and Manafort's old business partner; the Putin orbit....

by Anonymousreply 150October 26, 2019 12:50 AM

Decent, experienced, Dem candidates such as Michael Bennet, Steve Bullock, and Tim Ryan, who just dropped out, can't get traction, while Yang and Gabbard make the debate stage, is unsettling to me. Marianne wasn't the only one in la-la land. She'd be fine leading yoga and body & thought cleansing sessions at a mountain retreat.

Pete supporter here.

by Anonymousreply 151October 26, 2019 1:07 AM

Funny how Repugs scream that it must preserve secrecy while at the same time screeching about transparency.

by Anonymousreply 152October 26, 2019 1:19 AM

The Republican'ts are all about hypocrisy and usually in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 153October 26, 2019 1:30 AM

Do you think the ruling will be appealed to the Supreme Court? Do you think the Court will even pick it up or reject it outright?

by Anonymousreply 154October 26, 2019 1:38 AM

What can the Supreme Court say, that you cannot impeach a sitting President?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not gonna happen no matter how much they want it to be that way.

by Anonymousreply 155October 26, 2019 1:44 AM

I don't see anything wrong with Yang. He espouses all progressive Democrats' positions.

I think many don't like that he has some former Trump voters supporting him. And that his supporters are overwhelmingly white.

Ultimately, I don't care either way. My dream ticket is Warren/Castro. It's just a little confusing.

by Anonymousreply 156October 26, 2019 1:50 AM

R155 I agree with you, and I do wonder if they SC will even take the matter up. It would be the ultimate slap in the face to simply let the lower court rulings stand.

by Anonymousreply 157October 26, 2019 1:50 AM

Roberts is going to destroy the reputation of the SC if her sides with Trump and Barr on anything.

by Anonymousreply 158October 26, 2019 1:53 AM

What do you think may happen first?

Giuliani arrested or...

DOJ whistleblower report (or similar) coming to light

by Anonymousreply 159October 26, 2019 2:02 AM

R159 Giuliani arrested next 2 weeks

by Anonymousreply 160October 26, 2019 2:16 AM

I dunno but I will be in D.C. for 5 days, may be doing some live posting. Who knows? Something may be breaking. I should practise.

***BREAKING*** DONNIE 2 SCOOPS RUSHED TO HOSPITAL. CLAIMING HEART CAN'T TAKE WITCH HUNT ANY LONGER!!

***BREAKING*** JANI LANE CURSE SILENCES TWEETER IN CHIEF, DL REJOICES!!

***BREAKING*** D.C.'S LITTLE DEBBIE DELIVERIES SLOWS, FAT WHORES MOURN LOSS

by Anonymousreply 161October 26, 2019 2:23 AM

Rudy Giuliani butt-dials NBC reporter, heard discussing need for cash and trashing Bidens “The problem is we need some money,” Giuliani says to an unidentified man during an accidental call to NBC News writer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 26, 2019 2:28 AM

Washington Post:

Trump frustrated as White House effort to defy impeachment inquiry fails to halt witness testimony, advisers say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 26, 2019 2:36 AM

Rumor on Twitter is that Trumpito wants to charge Obama, Biden, HRC and Brennan with treason.

Never mind he has no fucking clue what the word means, he just knows it's bad.

They'll need evidence for that of course, either real or fabricated.

by Anonymousreply 164October 26, 2019 2:44 AM

I would not want to be Dump right now.

by Anonymousreply 165October 26, 2019 3:03 AM

I actually wouldn't want to have been Dump at any point in his miserable life. I actually think the fucker has never been happy and is too stupid to know it.

by Anonymousreply 166October 26, 2019 3:04 AM

[quote] I actually think the fucker has never been happy and is too stupid to know it.

Fake news!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 26, 2019 3:09 AM

[quote]Rumor on Twitter is that Trumpito wants to charge Obama, Biden, HRC and Brennan with treason.

Uh-oh, he's up in his Queen Carlotta feelings again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 26, 2019 3:10 AM

R131

Apparently the troll is making the rounds. Also posted it here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 26, 2019 3:20 AM

I have a feeling that the way it might play out, is if at some point, those close to him convince Trump that he needs to make a deal and walk away. He is facing a mountain of trouble if he doesn't. He can't count on the Senate. If he keeps fucking up, if the polls continue to slip, if members of Congress go home and get into confrontations with their constituents, if the GOP members see the support for Trump evaporating, they will abandon him. And by then it will be too late to make a deal. So Donnie needs to do it now. He needs to be convinced he has no choice.

by Anonymousreply 170October 26, 2019 5:08 AM

R151 I agree. An irony about Bennett, Bullock and Ryan is part of the reason they're not doing so well: they're straight white men! Bennett is among my top three. A major platform of his is to get rid of Citizen's United, and he really stuck it to Ted Cruz in a hearing about 6 months ago. It's worth YouTubing if you didn't see it.

He comes off as a rather quiet, subdued, unassuming man - but can explode when necessary.

I hope he gets a cabinet position, (assuming a Dem wins 2020).

by Anonymousreply 171October 26, 2019 6:32 AM

Miz Lindz updates her list of whose naughty and nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 26, 2019 10:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 26, 2019 10:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 26, 2019 10:19 AM

"Crime after Crime"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 26, 2019 10:34 AM

The problem is that if anyone gives Trump good advice, Trump will do the opposite and double down. He's not capable of rational decision making.

by Anonymousreply 176October 26, 2019 11:37 AM

The only one who can tell Trump what to do is Putin. Trump doesn't look for advice, he looks for ways and spins to execute Putin's orders and further his own grift agenda (he seeks advice on how to sell his criminal stunts to the public or how to distract the public while pulling these criminal stunts):. Those who try to guide him on a different path get ignored and later on fired (when he needs to throw someone under the bus as a distraction or someone else having to take the fall for Trump's fuck-up).

by Anonymousreply 177October 26, 2019 11:50 AM

Alas, it begins again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 26, 2019 11:58 AM

Dems need to exploit the regrouping of ISIS 24x7....this was tRump's Waterloo

by Anonymousreply 179October 26, 2019 12:44 PM

Washington Post:

Analysis: McCain warned Graham to avoid Trump drama. Instead, the GOP senator is a major player.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 26, 2019 1:50 PM

NYT:

Key Witness in Impeachment Inquiry Asks Federal Court to Rule Over Testifying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 26, 2019 1:54 PM

Machiavelli: "A prince who is not wise himself will never take good advice."

by Anonymousreply 182October 26, 2019 1:56 PM

ABC:

State Department official expected to appear as part of impeachment probe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 26, 2019 1:58 PM

Yeah, r171, straight white men have it so hard! *rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 184October 26, 2019 2:30 PM

Getting dick is powerful. Putie tells those oligarchs to feed Miss Thang directly or channel trade to her. Bone Spurs knows the game to manage Miss Thang. Ole Pecker may have stored pics of Miss Thang enjoying peckers. And for an oligarch billionaire, getting your cocked sucked & rimmed is part of doing business in the shady money flow tied to political payoffs and blackmail. Fox proud too, as they are bonded with this sordid network. Miss Thang hopped to it when Junior made his demand.

by Anonymousreply 185October 26, 2019 2:55 PM

If Donnie keeps hearing it repeatedly, he will listen. First they have to work on those closest to him. And before that happens indictments have to happen for Rudy, Mulvaney and Barr. I think a sequence of events has to occur: First more court rulings against him.So far I count 7 rulings against him in the past two weeks. I hope the Supremes will get on the bus and either refuse to hear his case or uphold the lower courts. Once that exit is closed to him, it will affect pubic opinion. People watch when courts rule against you. Then the lawyers he trusts have to watch as people like Rudy get indicted. Hopefully more high profile people like Rudy. Once Rudy gets indicted Mulvaney will take another look at his own position. I'm hoping we see a major betrayal form inside his staff. At some point Jared and Ivanka have to convince him to make a deal. DOnnie is a survivor. He is not going down with the ship.

by Anonymousreply 186October 26, 2019 3:11 PM

Reuters:

Russian woman convicted by U.S. of being agent returns home

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187October 26, 2019 3:17 PM

It is possible that Bolton will willingly speak regardless of how the court rules on Kupperman's lawsuit. Remember his exit from the WH was very rocky and he has no love for Trump and the crap he pulled.

by Anonymousreply 188October 26, 2019 6:20 PM

It was reported Bolton is negotiating with the three House Committee Chairs. It appears he wants to testify but has certain preferences/conditions as to when and how he'll do it. Otherwise, he would be declaring privileges and keep a distance per dialogue.

Bolton was a vocal neo-con hawk, and has a long record of having antagonistic views of Russia and the former Soviet Union. Very doubtful, he would support extorting Ukraine to benefit Russia.

by Anonymousreply 189October 26, 2019 6:56 PM

I thought Bolton was on RT all the time and going to Russian conferences for the NRA, etc. No?

by Anonymousreply 190October 26, 2019 6:59 PM

r190...he was/is.

by Anonymousreply 191October 26, 2019 7:10 PM

Yes he is a hawk but he would have never wanted what happened in Syria -- the re-emergence of ISIS and Ukraine given up to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 192October 26, 2019 7:13 PM

Not to mention the advantage given to Iran in all this.

by Anonymousreply 193October 26, 2019 7:25 PM

Meanwhile back in Russia

Maria Butina Receives Hero’s Welcome in Moscow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 26, 2019 7:36 PM

Meanwhile back in Ukraine, as Trump's squeeze on UKR comes to light, his administration backtracks --

White House restores trade benefits for Ukraine after more than two months of delay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 26, 2019 7:46 PM

Any news about Reeker, assistant secretary to Eurasian affairs, testimony? Is he likely to corroborate Taylor?

by Anonymousreply 196October 26, 2019 7:59 PM

[bold]THE ROT GOES DEEP[/bold]

Sam Vinograd @sam_vinograd

Before Trump's solicitation of foreign election interference, quid-pro-quo-ing and coverups became public, Bolton told @USTradeRep not to suggest restoring some of Ukraine's trade privileges bc Trump would oppose any action that benefitted Kyiv.

Bolton, as National Security Advisor, had a bird's eye view across the interagency and the instruments of power that were used to bully Ukraine.

It wasn't just a WH visit, phone call, and security assistance.

Per @washingtonpost reporting, Bolton threw cold water on other tools too, even though experts thought that Ukraine needed/ deserved them. Coincidental timing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 26, 2019 8:02 PM

r194 -

The Motherland welcomed Butina with a mighty bear hug. The host of 60 Minutes, Evgeny Popov, told The Daily Beast: “She is a hero! You are not.” He could not specify the nature of Butina’s alleged heroic deeds but Popov predicted that Viktor Bout and Konstantin Yaroshenko would soon follow suit and also be released from U.S. custody. Bout is an international arms dealer, convicted of conspiring to sell weapons to a foreign terrorist group and sentenced to 25 years in prison. Yaroshenko was sentenced to 20 years for conspiring to smuggle cocaine into the United States.

by Anonymousreply 198October 26, 2019 8:11 PM

Hmmm so it makes one wonder about the levels of complicity Bolton had in this...or was this a game to moderate some aid to make sure the military aid did go through...

by Anonymousreply 199October 26, 2019 8:12 PM

Check this out re Bolton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 26, 2019 8:20 PM

Reuters:

Facebook takes down false ad from PAC on Republican Graham

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 26, 2019 9:09 PM

NYT:

Waiting for Bolton: A Capital Speculates on What He Will Say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 26, 2019 9:14 PM

WSJ:

Official to Testify Pompeo Blocked Show of Support for Ex-Ambassador

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 26, 2019 9:15 PM

Former GOP Congressman, David Jolly of Florida, says Gaetz & Graham "look like fools".

He is speaking mean about these two straight menz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204October 26, 2019 10:06 PM

Jolly is right.

Argue at a level befitting their office. People will either buy it, or not.

by Anonymousreply 205October 26, 2019 10:32 PM

Bill Barr has a goal of right-wing authoritarianism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 26, 2019 10:42 PM

He is Torquemada to Trump's Sixtus...

by Anonymousreply 207October 26, 2019 10:49 PM

R206

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 26, 2019 10:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 26, 2019 11:15 PM

Can't make this shit up...

[quote]The Trump campaign is renting space at Spooky Nook for a "Halloween Witch Hunt Party" with special guests Diamond and Silk on Wednesday, October 30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 26, 2019 11:23 PM

From the previous thread:

[quote]To those of you old enough to remember Watergate.....did Republicans back then bend over backwards to defend Nixon the way that Republicans are doing for Trump?

A rather different political climate. Nixon was certainly corrupt, though it must be said not at Trump's level; and crucially, Nixon was smart. Congress at that point had a significant bloc of moderate Republicans. And of course, Nixon didn't have a 24/7 propaganda channel to generate a counter bullshit narrative.

Similarities between Nixon and Trump:: leakers and whistleblowers. Government officials who felt a need to protect American democracy from rankly corrupt acts. And Nixon enjoyed solid support among Republicans - until he didn't. At the point that the tape came out where Nixon plotted to block FBI investigations his support collapsed.

by Anonymousreply 211October 26, 2019 11:42 PM

Remarks by John Kelly. He regrets leaving WH. Said he told Trump he would be impeached it he did not hire a Chief of Staff that was not a "yes man".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212October 26, 2019 11:51 PM

Oh for fuck's sake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 27, 2019 12:15 AM

So John Kelly is admitting that Trump deserves to be impeached. His bullshit about it being others’ fault for not standing up to Trump ignores one thing. Trump is the one giving the orders.

He deserves to be impeached.

by Anonymousreply 214October 27, 2019 12:37 AM

Thanks for the nightmare, r207.

That is an apt and chilling comparison.

by Anonymousreply 215October 27, 2019 12:50 AM

What’s worse, Kelly said he wished he’d stayed so Trump wouldn’t be impeached. Think about what he’s saying there, both about himself and about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 216October 27, 2019 1:15 AM

Gaetz is so adorable; strange some honey has not roped him in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 27, 2019 1:15 AM

Bolton, I think, wanted to invade Iran. Putin, of course would not allow that. So Trump would not allow it. So bolton quit. it also bothered Bolton that they were so amateur in the way they did things. It was definitely not a professional White House. Mulvaney, Pompeo, clowns. Look Bolton is still the discredited, repulsive piece of shit he always was. But "the enemy of my enemy...etc."

by Anonymousreply 218October 27, 2019 1:24 AM

When George W. Bush nominated Bolton to be UN Ambassador (early 2000s), he was not confirmed by the Senate. He was a that controversial back then. He served awhile as Acting UN Ambassador instead.

by Anonymousreply 219October 27, 2019 1:37 AM

Explains what Kellyanne has been doing lately. She didn't want to be a pretzel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 27, 2019 2:00 AM

WSJ:

Sondland Told House Panels Trump's Ukraine Pressure Was Quid Pro Quo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221October 27, 2019 2:22 AM

Washington Post:

Company with ties to Trump’s brother Robert awarded $33 million government contract

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 27, 2019 2:25 AM

All these hearings and testifying about whether or not it was QQP. So what? There is no fucking doubt it was! Just like there's no doubt Trump assaulted at least 17 women, defrauded millions of dollars and hundreds of people with Trump University, is beholdent to Vladimir Putin and so much more. Does proving it mean Trump automatically gets removed from the white house? NO. He'll just get away with it like he's been getting away with everything! These Republicans have no conscience whatsoever.

What is the fucking point?

by Anonymousreply 223October 27, 2019 2:51 AM

r223 do not lose hope. He isn't going to win.

by Anonymousreply 224October 27, 2019 3:01 AM

So what’s his big announcement he’s making tomorrow? I'll bet it’s another charge along the lines of "Obama wiretapped me" or some other such crap. God knows he’s not just gonna sit there and allow himself to be impeached.

by Anonymousreply 225October 27, 2019 3:08 AM

r225 that we got Baghdadi who started Isis and now Trump is better than Obama because Obama only got Bin Laden

by Anonymousreply 226October 27, 2019 3:12 AM

If Trump had any shred of decency he would praise the military (who incidentally have been trying to get this guy at least since early 2015) and not make it all about himself. He might want to also apologize for giving the new leader that will replace him an army of hundreds that he single-handedly made happen by letting Turkey invade Northern Syria when he sold out the Kurds.

by Anonymousreply 227October 27, 2019 3:47 AM

So, Baghdadi committed suicide by detonating his own suicide vest....how will Trump take credit for that ? Remember, Trump tweeted that Obama should not take credit for Bin Laden because it was Navy Seals who took him out.

by Anonymousreply 228October 27, 2019 4:13 AM

[quote]how will Trump take credit for that ?

Watch me!

by Anonymousreply 229October 27, 2019 4:24 AM

An international player gave up Baghdadi to help smooth the way for US to withdraw from the region, same player that knew where Baghdadi was all along. (word out of Israel)

This was done to distract from the Kurd scandal, Putin and Erdogan did not anticipate Trump would face so much blowback from the dismissal of Kurds. Now Trump will claim he got something for all he gave up.

[bold]NOTHING IS TRUE AND EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE[/bold]

Living in a dictatorship means getting accustomed to the daily charades and kabuki theatre. Just days ago Trump said he returning to secure the "oil," Syria's previously unremarkable oil reserves, then this happens. Merely drama to keep us entertained.

Don't be fooled.

by Anonymousreply 230October 27, 2019 7:31 AM

Early reports show 50 military, multiple helicopters and multiple jets and drones.

Obama took out Bin Laden with surgical precision.

Can't wait to see the casualty numbers that ham fisted Trump killed to get this guy.

It's easy to carpet bomb a target.

Does Trump think that this will play well?

by Anonymousreply 231October 27, 2019 7:47 AM

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

by Anonymousreply 232October 27, 2019 8:24 AM

[quote]What’s worse, Kelly said he wished he’d stayed so Trump wouldn’t be impeached. Think about what he’s saying there, both about himself and about Trump.

Yes. He obviously knows that Trump is a corrupt lunatic, but he is only sorry that he (or another decent fixer) is no longer around to cover his shit up. Classy guy.

by Anonymousreply 233October 27, 2019 11:05 AM

Kelly is a catty bitch. Like, he's the one who saved Trump from himself while he was around Trump.

by Anonymousreply 234October 27, 2019 11:47 AM

Let's not forget Kelly's racist statements while he was with Trump; he's no Hero.

by Anonymousreply 235October 27, 2019 12:20 PM

The only reason he got him is because Turkish Intelligence served him up. It was part of their arrangement. Trump is in deep shit because of Syria and this is a salvage job. Erdogan and Putin are propping him up.

by Anonymousreply 236October 27, 2019 12:32 PM

Trump seems pissed off this morning.

Can't imagine why...LOL

by Anonymousreply 237October 27, 2019 1:26 PM

Trump is always in good spirits after visits from the "fun girls".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 27, 2019 1:29 PM

R238, you mean?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239October 27, 2019 1:36 PM

Wait, this ISIS leader Baghdadi detonated his suicide vest? So ensuring his status as a jihadi martyr?

by Anonymousreply 240October 27, 2019 1:59 PM

Matt Gaetz has a had way too big for his body.

by Anonymousreply 241October 27, 2019 2:04 PM

This has been mentioned before, but the tweet itself is amusing in this context:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242October 27, 2019 2:10 PM

Matt Gates will eventually go to prison, or be murdered by a close friend.

by Anonymousreply 243October 27, 2019 2:11 PM

Matt Gates will eventually go to prison, or be murdered by a close friend.

by Anonymousreply 244October 27, 2019 2:11 PM

Gætz, not Gates.

by Anonymousreply 245October 27, 2019 2:20 PM

[R244] Why not both?

by Anonymousreply 246October 27, 2019 2:24 PM

So, by the logic of the tweet at r242, we should be thanking Baghdadi for killing Baghdadi?

by Anonymousreply 247October 27, 2019 2:39 PM

Good point!

Why does Trump have to mock and emasculate him, too?

I assume he will have the grave doused in pig's blood next, then dumped into a trash pile.

by Anonymousreply 248October 27, 2019 2:41 PM

Vice President Mike Pence repeatedly refuses to answer Fox News' Chris Wallace's question: "Why didn't the President inform the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi?"

by Anonymousreply 249October 27, 2019 2:43 PM

He informed Republicans and Russia, but not Democrats. Yet this had already leaked last night.

by Anonymousreply 250October 27, 2019 2:51 PM

al-Baghdadi blew himself up and three children in the process. Trump use of gloating language was typically indecent and stupid.

Did he congratulate our forces and then apologize to them for setting army of ISIS free? Yeah, didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 251October 27, 2019 3:00 PM

Most people have never heard of Baghdadi. This won't even register with them. It will be completely forgotten by the middle of the week.

by Anonymousreply 252October 27, 2019 3:14 PM

Washington Post:

Trump says Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi blew himself up as U.S. troops closed in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 27, 2019 3:15 PM

Washington Post:

In impeachment inquiry, Republican lawmakers ask questions about whistleblower, loyalty to Trump and conspiracy theories

Republican lawmakers have used the congressional impeachment inquiry to gather information on a CIA employee who filed a whistleblower complaint, press witnesses on their loyalty to President Trump and advance conspiratorial claims that Ukraine was involved in the 2016 election, according to current and former officials involved in the proceedings.

GOP members and staffers have repeatedly raised the name of a person suspected of filing the whistleblower complaint that exposed Trump’s effort to pressure Ukraine to conduct investigations into his political adversaries, officials said.

The Republicans have refrained during hearings from explicitly accusing the individual of filing the explosive complaint with the U.S. intelligence community’s inspector general two months ago, officials said.

But the questions have been interpreted as an attempt “to unmask the whistleblower,” whose identity is shielded under federal law, said several officials with direct knowledge of the depositions. Republicans appear to be seeking ways to discredit the whistleblower as well as other witnesses “by trying to dredge up any information they can,” one official said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 27, 2019 3:24 PM

Gætz will piss off the wrong person one day.

by Anonymousreply 255October 27, 2019 3:29 PM

NYT: The Student Vote Is Surging. So Are Efforts to Suppress It.

Their turnout in the 2018 midterms — 40.3 percent of 10 million students tracked by Tufts University’s Institute for Democracy & Higher Education — was more than double the rate in the 2014 midterms, easily exceeding an already robust increase in national turnout. Energized by issues like climate change and the Trump presidency, students have suddenly emerged as a potentially crucial voting bloc in the 2020 general election.

And almost as suddenly, Republican politicians around the country are throwing up roadblocks between students and voting booths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 27, 2019 3:48 PM

TIME:

100 Days Before the Caucuses, Pelosi Visits Iowa to Discuss the Impeachment Inquiry and 'Healing' a Divided Country

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 27, 2019 3:52 PM

Jennifer Hayden @Scout_Finch · 1h Replying to @PeteSouza According to this website which tracks Trump's golf outings. He left the club at 3:33pm. He was golfing at the time of the raid.

trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings

by Anonymousreply 258October 27, 2019 4:40 PM

Let's all be patient. More details of this "capture" will leak and will show all of the various fuck ups and dirty deals made to get this done in time to try and drown out any impeachment talk. You just know the behind the scenes stuff that went on is probably borderline criminal.

by Anonymousreply 259October 27, 2019 4:41 PM

The proof that Erdogan and Putin gave Dump the whereabouts intel, in return for his abandoning our allies, the Kurds, and turning the hard fought for US position in northern Syria over to Russia, will undoubtedly end up in Dump’s Secret Server.

by Anonymousreply 260October 27, 2019 4:51 PM

Blabbermouth Trump gave away intel on tv, helped our enemies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261October 27, 2019 5:11 PM

Barbara Starr, CNN Pentagon Correspondent, explains it as good as anyone. The brass in the Pentagon are comfortable giving her information tips. She has been at it a long time

by Anonymousreply 262October 27, 2019 5:15 PM

[quote]He was golfing at the time of the raid.

The Commander In Chief. Please let the above go viral.

by Anonymousreply 263October 27, 2019 5:28 PM

Here’s an actual photo of how the raid went down, you libtards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 27, 2019 5:47 PM

Why are there so many plugs and cables in the picture that they released? It looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 265October 27, 2019 6:02 PM

r265, because it is a Photoshop disaster. The table was staged with crap to make it look like it was calm and chaos.

No IT person leaves a bunch of mixed cabled on a table that have been disconnected.

Pure contrived, composed, orchestrated bullshit.

And Trump was playing golf when this went down.

Trump knows how to lie VISUALLY as well.

R264 's photo is just as believable.

by Anonymousreply 266October 27, 2019 6:20 PM

The Noid, the California Raisins, and the Scrubbing Bubbles were unavailable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 27, 2019 6:34 PM

That faked picture will end up being the story because it's going to be put up next to the real picture of Obama and Clinton actually governing and showing human emotions and intelligence during the Bin Laden raid.

by Anonymousreply 268October 27, 2019 6:41 PM

Russia casts doubt that the raid even happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 27, 2019 6:49 PM

So Donny Bone Spurs thanked Russia but Russia says, I don't know her?

LOL

by Anonymousreply 270October 27, 2019 6:54 PM

If Russia wanted him dead, why didn't they do it themselves? They've been in Syria for years.

by Anonymousreply 271October 27, 2019 7:21 PM

Washington Post:

Pelosi says Trump notified Russians of Baghdadi’s apparent death before telling congressional leaders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 27, 2019 7:22 PM

^

Trump said Sunday that he had contacted two Senate Republicans, Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (N.C.) and Judiciary Chairman Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.), ahead of his announcement in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House. He called Burr “a great gentleman” and Graham “a very strong hawk” who “agrees with what we’re doing now.”

Asked whether he had informed Pelosi, Trump replied, “No, I didn’t. I didn’t do that. I wanted to make sure this kept secret. I don’t want to have men lost, and women. I don’t want to have people lost.”

At another point in his remarks, Trump said he was “going to notify [congressional leaders] last night, but we decided not to do that, because Washington leaks like I’ve never seen before.”

by Anonymousreply 273October 27, 2019 7:25 PM

Newsweek: Politicians and Pundits React on Twitter After Donald Trump Confirms ISIS Leader Al-Baghdadi's Death

"I cannot think of a better way for Al-Baghdadi of ISIS to meet the real God than courtesy of the US Military. I'm sure it wasn't a pleasant realization," GOP Representative Adam Kinzinger of Illinois tweeted. "Great work to the men and women behind this operation, and good call @realDonaldTrump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 27, 2019 7:32 PM

I predict that Pence will go down like the rest of them. We just got to wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 275October 27, 2019 7:39 PM

R275 "I predict that Pence will go down on the rest of them. We just got to wait and see."

Fixed it for ya'

by Anonymousreply 276October 27, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote]Trump said he was “going to notify [congressional leaders] last night, but we decided not to do that, because Washington leaks like I’ve never seen before.”

I wonder why that could possibly be the case.

by Anonymousreply 277October 27, 2019 7:49 PM

You know how women are, r277.

by Anonymousreply 278October 27, 2019 8:08 PM

The US Delta Force flew from Iraq's Erbil Int'l, not al-Asad Airbase.

- Baghdadi detonated his suicide vest at the last minute, decapitated himself.

- Baghdadi was reportedly sighted in Reyhanli in Turkey, 48 hours before the operation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 27, 2019 8:29 PM

Yeah, you wouldn’t want Nancy calling ISIS and warning them . . . He’s so coarse, so offensive.

by Anonymousreply 280October 27, 2019 8:40 PM

Trump is gifted. He can do two things at once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 27, 2019 8:52 PM

The table stuffed with unplugged Ethernet cables is hysterical.

The military guy 2nd from the right looks like he's really regretting his life choices today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282October 27, 2019 8:58 PM

Remove Barr now. He can have a future in porn or something outside government or legal work. Pompeoss too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 27, 2019 8:59 PM

NYT: Syria raid happened despite, not because of, Trump's actions.

The surprising information about the Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s general location — in a village deep inside a part of northwestern Syria controlled by rival Qaeda groups — came following the arrest and interrogation of one of Mr. al-Baghdadi’s wives and a courier this past summer, two American officials said.

Armed with that initial tip, the C.I.A. worked closely with Iraqi and Kurdish intelligence officials in Iraq and Syria to identify Mr. al-Baghdadi’s more precise whereabouts and to put spies in place to monitor his periodic movements, allowing American commandos to stage an assault Saturday in which President Trump said Mr. al-Baghdadi died.

But Mr. Trump’s abrupt decision to withdraw American forces from northern Syria disrupted the meticulous planning and forced Pentagon officials to press ahead with a risky, night raid before their ability to control troops and spies and reconnaissance aircraft disappeared, according to military, intelligence and counterterrorism officials. Mr. al-Baghdadi’s death, they said, occurred largely in spite of Mr. Trump’s actions.

The officials praised the Kurds, who continued to provide information to the C.I.A. on Mr. al-Baghdadi even after Mr. Trump’s decision to withdraw the American troops left the Syrian Kurds to confront a Turkish offensive alone. The Syrian and Iraqi Kurds, one official said, provided more intelligence for the raid than any single country.

The initial planning for the raid began this past summer. The Army’s elite Delta Force commando unit began drawing up and rehearsing plans to conduct a secret mission to kill or capture the ISIS leader, and faced huge hurdles. The location was deep inside territory controlled by Al Qaeda. The skies over that part of the country were controlled by Syria and Russia. The military called off missions at the last minute at least twice.

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper said on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday [...] he did not know if the United States would have been able to carry out the helicopter raid against Mr. Baghdadi's compound had American troops been completely withdrawn from Syria, as Mr. Trump had originally planned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284October 27, 2019 9:06 PM

Of course this would turn out to be the case, R284.

by Anonymousreply 285October 27, 2019 9:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286October 27, 2019 9:11 PM

Politico:

Schiff accuses Bill Barr of ‘weaponizing’ DOJ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287October 27, 2019 10:11 PM

Curiously, Trump's 2012 tweet telling us all not to give credit to Obama for killing Bin Laden seems to have been taken down—at least, I posted it on social media earlier today and I just noticed that the link was blank.

by Anonymousreply 288October 27, 2019 10:23 PM

Yep, he said it....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289October 27, 2019 10:39 PM

Faithful, do not lose your faith in the coming days. Trump's approval rating will certainly go up this week, perhaps way up. We must still do everything we can to be rid of him as soon as possible. May this only strengthen your resolve.

by Anonymousreply 290October 27, 2019 10:46 PM

Here you go....the Kurds found Baghdadi...in March.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 27, 2019 10:47 PM

The story behind this raid -- that Trump's decision to pull out made this a late night last minute raid, and the release of the ISIS prisoners as we abandon the Kurds, throws a lot of cold water on this.

by Anonymousreply 292October 27, 2019 10:55 PM

The way he politicized this, bragged about it, and sadistically described the killing, makes him even more disgusting, if that was possible.

by Anonymousreply 293October 27, 2019 11:05 PM

R293 Yes, it's possible. And wait. He will continue to surpass. There is no such thing as bottom.

by Anonymousreply 294October 27, 2019 11:39 PM

May the gods bless and protect the Kurds.

Fuck that shitstain for abandoning them to be slaughtered! May his shame be eternal!

by Anonymousreply 295October 27, 2019 11:47 PM

Baghdadi was located because of the efforts of the Kurds in searching him out in the last few months.

Right when T-Rump was abandoning them to the wolves. And now he takes credit. There's a special place in hell for him.

by Anonymousreply 296October 27, 2019 11:51 PM

[quote]"I cannot think of a better way for Al-Baghdadi of ISIS to meet the real God than courtesy of the US Military. I'm sure it wasn't a pleasant realization," GOP Representative Adam Kinzinger of Illinois tweeted.

Godtard. You're in for a big shock some day, too, Wormfood. I can't believe people like this still exist in the world and are taken seriously at all. It's like the fucking Dark Ages. You all still think he's hot?

by Anonymousreply 297October 28, 2019 12:17 AM

No, R297.

Never did. That leaked pic of his ass looked doughy and this guy is extremely repugnant with his rimming of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 298October 28, 2019 1:13 AM

CNN:

Fact check: Trump falsely claims his 2000 book demanded the killing of Osama bin Laden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299October 28, 2019 1:43 AM

Watch Trump getting booed by a whole stadium. That fucker Matt Gaetz was right next to Trump. Hope he heard the boos and "Lock him up" loud and clearly. Wish we could see Trump's reaction to the boos a bit longer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300October 28, 2019 2:27 AM

I don't think he's self aware enough to recognize booing. I think his face changed because the fat fuck was exhausted from waving for three seconds.

by Anonymousreply 301October 28, 2019 2:30 AM

Melania knew what it was and alternated "holy shit, get me the hell out of here" with "keep calm and smile at the cameras" facial expressions.

by Anonymousreply 302October 28, 2019 2:55 AM

Here are some more audible and longer versions along with a shot of his light bulb moment, despite the low wattage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303October 28, 2019 3:06 AM

This one shows the change from cheers for what was previously on the screen to loud boos for Trump's image.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304October 28, 2019 3:13 AM

I'm glad. Once he gets out of his bubble and realizes how many people really hate him, maybe he will abandon talk of riots and how his followers will raise hell. We will smash them like vermin. If he is delusional enough not to feel frightened, I certainly hope this reception will strike fear into members of Congress. They can't all be as dumb as Matt Gaetz.

by Anonymousreply 305October 28, 2019 3:14 AM

The Deplorables are shrieking that DC is full of civil servants and therefore this crowd doesn't count and Houston would never have booed Trumpy-dump. In fact they evidently played the game live at a venue in Houston where the audience there booed him too.

by Anonymousreply 306October 28, 2019 3:35 AM

Given that a day or so ago some poll was predicting Trump would win re-election, the fact that all of those wonderful people booed his no-good ass actually fills me with hope for the future.

by Anonymousreply 307October 28, 2019 3:38 AM

Houston hates him, too.

by Anonymousreply 308October 28, 2019 3:59 AM

He has friends who have publicly been saying that the House is definitely going to impeach him. Now maybe he'll realize it's true.

by Anonymousreply 309October 28, 2019 4:11 AM

yikes...Gaetz is only 37? scary as fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310October 28, 2019 5:19 AM

Gaetz has the face he deserves. And yes, it is quite frightening.

by Anonymousreply 311October 28, 2019 5:33 AM

Who wouldn't love to take a shit right on that face!

by Anonymousreply 312October 28, 2019 5:34 AM

What’s up with Gaytz gum-jaw scenario?

by Anonymousreply 313October 28, 2019 5:38 AM

r310, Now that's a face for Halloween!

by Anonymousreply 314October 28, 2019 5:43 AM

Now, y'all, he has a kind face.

by Anonymousreply 315October 28, 2019 5:46 AM

I almost kind of feel a hint of pity for Donald. I don't think anybody hates him as much as he hates himself. Somewhere deep inside, that moment must have been crushing

by Anonymousreply 316October 28, 2019 6:34 AM

I don't think he'll get much of a poll bump from Bagdhadi, if any at all. I'm pretty well read and I didn't even know who he was. This is not Osama level were talking about.

by Anonymousreply 317October 28, 2019 6:35 AM

Miss Lindzey is not happy and had the evening vapors that Gayetz was there beside DJT, and she was not invited. And Miss Lindzey spun for Trump all day long.

Now, Miss Lindzey would have gotten the cheers. Not just the spectators, but the media would have gone wild.

Replacing Miss Lindzey with Turdette was not respectful.

by Anonymousreply 318October 28, 2019 6:45 AM

I thought Graham was there, a row or two down.

by Anonymousreply 319October 28, 2019 6:52 AM

Bolton exists for war on Iran only. Bone Spurs did not grant this, therefore he is against him since he has no use for a President that will not declare war on Iran.

by Anonymousreply 320October 28, 2019 8:01 AM

I just hope Bolton agrees to testify and gives a damning testimony. I'd like to think he will but I never trust any repub.

by Anonymousreply 321October 28, 2019 9:32 AM

I have begun a criminal investigation into baseball. It seems that the sport is full of corruption and we my have to have the government step in and take over.

by Anonymousreply 322October 28, 2019 9:43 AM

I hear Biden threatened Ukraine to send over a few hundred people posing as Americans to chant "Lock Him Up" at the game

and it was paid for by the DNC!

by Anonymousreply 323October 28, 2019 9:53 AM

It was everything and has drowned out the fake photo op and 'hey mom, look at me! I caught the biggest terrorist!" moment.

Beyond. I am over the clouds. Thanks, DC. Thank you Nationals fans.

by Anonymousreply 324October 28, 2019 10:24 AM

Did Matt delete his perfect photo on Twitter? Also Trump did not tweet for over 12h now. Did the fans at the stadium hurt his feelings?

by Anonymousreply 325October 28, 2019 10:54 AM

R304 you can clearly hear applause for the marines on the screen first then as soon as it switches to trump And his rethug entourage loud boos and lock him up! Could this be the highlight of my week already? DELICIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 326October 28, 2019 11:04 AM

Crowds that go to these World Series games are season ticket holders, others that can afford scarce tickets, and people with influence, including those with corporate connections.

While there would be plenty of Trump voters attending the game, it was no MAGA rally crowd. Trump probably didn't understand this, expecting unrealistically, heroic cheers instead.

by Anonymousreply 327October 28, 2019 11:06 AM

Seen being chummy with Gaetz, may end up being clips shown in DNC ads.

by Anonymousreply 328October 28, 2019 11:18 AM

A military dog was severely injured.

And Trump using term "died like a dog" is expressing dogs are expendable and unworthy.

Bone Spurs is disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329October 28, 2019 11:29 AM

I thought the “died like a dog” comment was exceptionally inappropriate for a variety of reasons. He is such an awful human being in every possible way.

by Anonymousreply 330October 28, 2019 11:49 AM

Dogs are unclean creatures in the Muslim religion. To be compared to a dog is the most degrading insult imaginable and probably caused a lot of outrage among the admirers of Baghdadi. It’s like saying he died like a piece of shit, to them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they take it very personally and try to get revenge on Trump or the U.S. for that remark alone.

by Anonymousreply 331October 28, 2019 12:40 PM

Turkey turkey...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332October 28, 2019 1:08 PM

Don't allow yourselves to feel sorry for this piece of shit. Trump had to have known he was going to get boos. In fact, that's why he didn't throw out the first pitch. He can spew the lie that he'd look too fat with all the padding from the bullet proof vest all he wants. He knew he'd be humiliated beyond imagination from the crowd. The real scenario worked for him: got booed, looked sad, enraged/motivated his base. I do think, however, he wasn't expecting that many boos. For those of you who think he looked sad: bullshit. That asshole was P-I-S-S-E-D!

by Anonymousreply 333October 28, 2019 1:13 PM

Trump hates dogs because they hate him and he’s afraid of them.

by Anonymousreply 334October 28, 2019 1:21 PM

^That's because they recognize him as the Anti-Christ.

by Anonymousreply 335October 28, 2019 1:27 PM

As a side bar, the owners of the team, the Lerners, begged to not be placed in a position where they had to sit in the box with Trump. They didn't want to be near him. So he knew that going in. Tell him to go to an NFL game. Those are his people.

by Anonymousreply 336October 28, 2019 1:30 PM

Someone on Twitter pointed to the fact that Trump has a 13 yr. old son, yet he chose to bring Matt Gaetz to the game.

by Anonymousreply 337October 28, 2019 1:31 PM

Gaetz is the son he never had.

by Anonymousreply 338October 28, 2019 1:38 PM

Gaetz is a 13-year old child.

by Anonymousreply 339October 28, 2019 1:39 PM

Gaetz is the son no one ever should have had.

by Anonymousreply 340October 28, 2019 1:44 PM

Autistic children are overwhelmed at sports events. He would have to acknowledge that his defective sperm produced Barron.

by Anonymousreply 341October 28, 2019 1:49 PM

Bloomberg:

Trump Gets No Respite From Impeachment Probe After U.S. Raid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342October 28, 2019 1:57 PM

Washington Post:

'It feels like a horror movie': Republicans feel anxious and adrift defending Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343October 28, 2019 1:58 PM

Oh poor Republicans. It feels like a horror movie to you? Then do what every idiot in a horror movie fails to do and run in the other direction. No one's forcing you to go into the spooky, dark basement. Step into the fucking light already. If you’re suffering, it’s your own damn choice.

by Anonymousreply 344October 28, 2019 2:12 PM

It's felt like a horror move to me since 11/08/2016

by Anonymousreply 345October 28, 2019 2:17 PM

R344, they know they'll have to do a lot of work to rehab their image for the independent and youth vote. They may never recover and they know it.

by Anonymousreply 346October 28, 2019 2:24 PM

I have a feeling Trump has been following military advice from Lindsey Graham, and all the bubblegum and rubber bands in the world aren't going to hold things together. He's fucked....and not in a good way. Russia and Turkey and Iran are now in charge. We are literally depending on them to protect us from ISIS and any other threats the ME poses. I have to wonder how Israel is taking all this.

by Anonymousreply 347October 28, 2019 3:51 PM

[quote] Russia and Turkey and Iran are now in charge. We are literally depending on them to protect us from ISIS and any other threats the ME poses.

They will act like the Italian Mafia demanding money to protect us (like the Italian Mafia demanded money from shops and restaurants to protect them from gang violence and getting robbed).

by Anonymousreply 348October 28, 2019 4:14 PM

[quote]I thought the “died like a dog” comment was exceptionally inappropriate for a variety of reasons.

But of course. Trump speaks fluent Deplorable. The concept of 'Magnanimity In Victory' would to Trump be Helen Keller incomprehensible.

[quote]I wouldn’t be surprised if they take it very personally and try to get revenge on Trump

I cut off the sentence there - because that would indeed be quite the moral conundrum.

by Anonymousreply 349October 28, 2019 4:26 PM

And the quickly-convened crowd was dancing in the streets outside the White House in praise of President Obama and Co. the night of bin Laden's death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350October 28, 2019 4:39 PM

Someone explain why she had to resign again?

I mean she has to resign over an alleged relationship but you know, the GOP can do whatever the fuck they want without regard to ethics?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351October 28, 2019 4:59 PM

The freakshow continues ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352October 28, 2019 4:59 PM

[quote]Trump Gets No Respite From Impeachment Probe After U.S. Raid

Despite Bloomberg's insinuation, these two things aren't related.

by Anonymousreply 353October 28, 2019 5:12 PM

Remembering our 4 soldiers in Niger. Trump and Virginia Graham were playing golf when the caskets arrived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354October 28, 2019 5:25 PM

^ 2 years later, the military has STILL not come clean. Instead, blaming the front line superiors instead of the leadership.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355October 28, 2019 5:30 PM

Yet another Republican congressman decides not to run for reelection. If my count is right, this makes 16, versus 4 Democrats not running again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356October 28, 2019 6:01 PM

I actually think the trend of serving just a few terms is good.

by Anonymousreply 357October 28, 2019 6:04 PM

Jake Tapper of CNN gives Lindsey Graham talking points.

Doesn't Jake have an interview to do with Kellyanne?

Don't know if Obama could have done more at the time in behalf of Kayla, but there is a context matter neglected with such a statement. Looks as if Tapper and Graham are exploiting a sad story for comparison to benefit Trump. Perhaps Tapper is showing his political leanings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358October 28, 2019 6:47 PM

Looks like Senator Chris Coons deleted his tweet excoriating the Nats game audience for booing.

by Anonymousreply 359October 28, 2019 7:13 PM

R354 If this happened under President Hillary Clinton, Republicans would still be investigating and losing their shit.

by Anonymousreply 360October 28, 2019 7:19 PM

There is such a deep rooted hated of Trump, that I think a lot of politicians don’t get. I’ll describe my feelings. I hated Dubaya with the heat of a thousand suns. But I didn’t like when he had a shoe thrown at him. It just didn’t seem right to me.

With Trump, I wouldn’t care if someone threw a Buick at him. I would laugh and laugh and laugh...

by Anonymousreply 361October 28, 2019 7:23 PM

Oh shit, they’re officially voting on Thursday on impeachment inquiry.

by Anonymousreply 362October 28, 2019 7:25 PM

No worries, R362, it's in the House if that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 363October 28, 2019 7:26 PM

I keep hoping a ceiling in that 'shithole' of a mansion we provide for him will collapse on his head. All by accident, of course.

by Anonymousreply 364October 28, 2019 7:28 PM

Goddamn it R358. Is anyone here on twitter? Can someone here twat Jake Tapper and ask him to get a quote from Sgt Johnson's mother. She'd like to know what happened to the rest of her son's body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365October 28, 2019 7:50 PM

They're not voting to impeach or not on Thursday. They're voting on how the proceedings will move forward, with transparency and shit in mind. Procedural shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366October 28, 2019 7:50 PM

Somebody gently tell Kayla Mueller's parents that Trump's decisions had nothing to do with Baghdadi's demise—in fact, as has been amply reported, he was successfully assassinated DESPITE Trump's buffoonery.

by Anonymousreply 367October 28, 2019 9:30 PM

Losing Katie Hill hurts. What a bummer! Talk about not fair. We have GOP reps on the Russian payroll and SHE has to resign?

by Anonymousreply 368October 28, 2019 10:02 PM

r354, HEY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369October 28, 2019 11:16 PM

NBC News:

Officials cringe as Trump spills sensitive details of al-Baghdadi raid. Some details the president has revealed are inaccurate, others are classified. Officials say they worry what to put in briefings for a man with no filter.

A few of those colorful details were wrong. Many of the rest were either highly classified or tactically sensitive, and their disclosure by the president made intelligence and military officials cringe, according to current and former U.S. officials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370October 28, 2019 11:26 PM

But it's Schiff who can't be trusted with such classified information. LOL

by Anonymousreply 371October 28, 2019 11:27 PM

Sorry, R369. You can see that it was an honest mistake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372October 28, 2019 11:31 PM

R370: Predictably, Trump’s crude description of el-Baghdadi “crying and screaming” turns out to be a fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 373October 28, 2019 11:33 PM

R372 The pic of the dog and Miz Lindz declares he should retire. If only she would retire.

Then she claims the public was outraged Trump was not receivng due process in the House, and Republican protests forced the Democrats to cave.

She's been busy tweeting. Scroll down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374October 28, 2019 11:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375October 28, 2019 11:51 PM

Witchhunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376October 29, 2019 12:09 AM

Lol, the cartoon at R375 is from the Pensacola News Journal, Gaetz's home town paper.

by Anonymousreply 377October 29, 2019 12:40 AM

Defending "lock him up" that Joe & Mika oppose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378October 29, 2019 12:58 AM

What's the problem? His whole career he's been doing things that obviously merit conviction and incarceration, e.g. fraud. Look at Trump University. He's gotten away with it all because he's rich. What's wrong with crowds calling him to account when he's out in public? He should feel lucky he's not being tumbriled to a guillotine in Dupont Circle.

by Anonymousreply 379October 29, 2019 1:04 AM

NYT: Army Officer on White House Staff Reported Concerns on Trump’s Ukraine Dealings

WASHINGTON — A White House national security official who is a decorated Iraq war veteran plans to tell House impeachment investigators on Tuesday that he heard President Trump appeal to Ukraine’s president to investigate one of his leading political rivals, a request the aide considered so damaging to American interests that he reported it to a superior.

Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman of the Army, the top Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, twice registered internal objections about how Mr. Trump and his inner circle were treating Ukraine, out of what he called a “sense of duty,” he plans to tell the inquiry, according to a draft of his opening statement obtained by The New York Times.

He will be the first White House official to testify who listened in on the July 25 telephone call between Mr. Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine that is at the center of the impeachment inquiry, in which Mr. Trump asked Mr. Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

“I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine,” Colonel Vindman said in his statement. “I realized that if Ukraine pursued an investigation into the Bidens and Burisma it would likely be interpreted as a partisan play which would undoubtedly result in Ukraine losing the bipartisan support it has thus far maintained.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380October 29, 2019 1:36 AM

Well, old cheetolini thought he would grab the news cycle with his capture of Al Bagdady...looks like that went over like a fart in a wind storm

by Anonymousreply 381October 29, 2019 1:44 AM

Who is the superior or department this was reported to twice that chose not to do anything with this info? Must be Barr

by Anonymousreply 382October 29, 2019 1:52 AM

Daily Beast: Nunes Aide Is Leaking the Ukraine Whistleblower's Name, Sources Say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383October 29, 2019 1:59 AM

The NYT article identifies John A. Eisenberg, the top lawyer at the National Security Council, as the person Vindman reported his concerns to:

On two occasions, the colonel brought his concerns to John A. Eisenberg, the top lawyer at the National Security Council. The first came on July 10. That day, senior American officials met with senior Ukrainian officials at the White House, in a stormy meeting in which Mr. Bolton is said to have had a tense exchange with Mr. Sondland after the ambassador raised the matter of investigations he wanted Ukraine to undertake. That meeting has been described in previous testimony in the impeachment inquiry.

At a debriefing later that day attended by the colonel, Mr. Sondland again urged Ukrainian officials to help with investigations into Mr. Trump’s political rivals.

“Ambassador Sondland emphasized the importance that Ukraine deliver the investigations into the 2016 election, the Bidens and Burisma,” Colonel Vindman said in his draft statement.

“I stated to Ambassador Sondland that his statements were inappropriate” and that the “request to investigate Biden and his son had nothing to do with national security, and that such investigations were not something the N.S.C. was going to get involved in or push,” he added.

The colonel’s account echoed the testimony of Fiona Hill, one of his superiors, who has previously testified behind closed doors that she and Mr. Bolton were angered by efforts to politicize the interactions with Ukraine.

The colonel said that after his confrontation with Mr. Sondland, “Dr. Hill then entered the room and asserted to Ambassador Sondland that his statements were inappropriate.”

Ms. Hill, the former senior director for European and Russian affairs, also reported the incident to Mr. Eisenberg.

The colonel went to Mr. Eisenberg a couple of weeks later, after the president’s call with Mr. Zelensky. This time, the colonel was accompanied by his identical twin brother, Yevgeny, who is a lawyer on the National Security Council.

by Anonymousreply 384October 29, 2019 2:00 AM

omfg do I really hope Vindman testifies. It would be so damaging to Trump and it would be hilarious to see the "patriotic pro-military" right wingers attacking his character.

Hopefully he'll ignore the WH and testify.

by Anonymousreply 385October 29, 2019 2:05 AM

DOJ Says It’ll Be ‘Irreparably Harmed’ if Congress Gets Its Hands on Mueller’s Secret Grand Jury Materials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386October 29, 2019 2:20 AM

Vindman has already released his opening statement, so the WH missed their chance if they don’t want him to speak. Tomorrow he testifies in private, and you can be sure he’ll be front and center when the public hearings begin in a couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 387October 29, 2019 2:21 AM

Devin Nunes is a monster

by Anonymousreply 388October 29, 2019 2:32 AM

The GOP is so blatant in their treachery. Their acts are highly corrupt and out in the open yet the media still does a poor job explaining it and shining a light on it. They revert to whataboutisms in the face of it.

It is like Meg McCain in the View. No matter how many times she has had every right to shank Pres Bone Spurs on live TV, she passes. When she says something damning about him, it is often very broad. Her default is whataboutism and this is her normal response. With all the booing he received at the World Series, she defended him in a roundabout way by saying, and I kid you not, the stadium is full of "the swamp" as if his administration isn't the swampiest of swamps. She hates him but LOVES LOVES LOVES what he is doing.

by Anonymousreply 389October 29, 2019 2:44 AM

right wingers are trying another distraction tactic

another bullshitter right wing quack named Lee Smith is dropping a propaganda book about how "the deep state" and Democrats plotted and schemed against Trump since the campaign. He was promoting on Fox tonight.

Assuming Vindman testifies that should take over all of tomorrow's headlines and hopefully drown out that bullshit book

by Anonymousreply 390October 29, 2019 3:15 AM

Laura Ingraham, John Yoo and Alan Dershowitz are smearing Vindman tonight as a "double agent" on Fox. (He's a Ukranian immigrant)

A closet Nazi, a torture apologist and a pedo smearing active US military. The mind reels.

by Anonymousreply 391October 29, 2019 3:21 AM

Laura Ingraham, John Yoo and Alan Dershowitz are smearing Vindman tonight as a "double agent" on Fox. (He's a Ukranian immigrant)

A closet Nazi, a torture apologist and a pedo smearing active US military. The mind reels.

by Anonymousreply 392October 29, 2019 3:21 AM

here's the clip

explain to me again why so many in the armed services both present and retired are repubs? During the Trump years "their own" have been trashed REPEATEDLY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393October 29, 2019 3:26 AM

At times, I have thought to pretend to be a right wing kook, write a book and make millions on complete and utter CTs lies.

Oh so now Dershowitz has just come out in the corner of the team we all knew he fought for? Surprise, surprise-NOT!

On Tulsi- we now know what he found in Hawaii back in 2011!

by Anonymousreply 394October 29, 2019 3:28 AM

R386! All the MORE reason for Congress to get them - posthaste!!

by Anonymousreply 395October 29, 2019 3:33 AM

You know, as a veteran of the Watergate hearings and Nixon, (I was 13 and we were a politically aware family, staunch Democrats. I'd get home from school and Ma was riveted to the TV. ) Anyway, I don't recall this level of treachery. Nunes, and the people on Fox attacking a witness accusing him of being a spie and a traitor. It is really beyond the pale. There is no bottom to this White House cast of characters. THey'll say and do anything and at this point there's no doubt in my mind that Trump and his very inner circle would not bat an eye if someone turned up dead....if you know what I mean. These people are gangsters, criminals and backed by Putin's trained assassin teams.

by Anonymousreply 396October 29, 2019 3:35 AM

the problem is that this was always what you would hear on the fringe nutjob right wing talk radio

Since the invention of Fox over 20 years ago, this propaganda and buffoonery has become mainstream repub thinking. It really exploded during the Obama years and has somehow gotten even worse during this Trump occupancy.

between 30-40% of the country believes EVERYTHING they hear on Fox. Right wing talking points are now synonymous with disinformation, propaganda and lies. There is no distinction anymore.

by Anonymousreply 397October 29, 2019 3:39 AM

R397 Yes, FOX made the modern day deplorable that has boxed the GOP in to Crazyville. They are stuck with them. I laugh that the media, no shock, always says it is the Dems who are too extreme, the Dems who don't want to compromise, yet look at everything these fucknits support with glee?

by Anonymousreply 398October 29, 2019 3:49 AM

Doesn't Dershowitz have some girls to molest?

by Anonymousreply 399October 29, 2019 4:12 AM

R398 right it's very bizarre how repubs are not tagged with "being too extreme" yet they are the ones trying to drag us backwards. They are the ones ignoring polling on issues that a majority of the country agrees on and instead trying to force their 1950s viewpoints into the law of the land again. They are the extremists.

by Anonymousreply 400October 29, 2019 4:21 AM

Read somewhere on Twitter that GOP senators won't turn on president shithead until the base does, and base won't turn unless Fox tells them to.

On the bright side, apparently the Senate can vote to bar shithead from running for 2020 on a straight majority vote. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 401October 29, 2019 4:48 AM

Matt Gaetz gets butthurt by Ellen producer who called him a "fucking tool"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402October 29, 2019 6:24 AM

Uh, is there some sort of wind tunnel involved in this pic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403October 29, 2019 7:56 AM

DJT sure has his way with flaming queens La Sénatrice and Gayzette. The pee pee girls showed more dignity than those two do.

by Anonymousreply 404October 29, 2019 9:58 AM

Damn r403, a little warning would be nice. That is one scary close-up. Why would the ass kisser post such an unfortunate selfie?

I love that poor Matt was hurt and threatened to call the producer's boss to get him fired. It must be awful when all the ass kissing finally paid off and Daddy invited him to a baseball game and all these people ruin his moment.

by Anonymousreply 405October 29, 2019 10:29 AM

Melania & 'Mother' heading to South Carolina like Trump did a few days ago.

Can't they stay away from doing anything in or for South Carolina just like Lindsey?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406October 29, 2019 10:50 AM

That's one 'purrdy mouth'!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407October 29, 2019 10:59 AM

[quote]If my count is right, this makes 16

Apparently I was wrong; Walden makes 19 Republican representatives who are leaving.

by Anonymousreply 408October 29, 2019 1:29 PM

The Hill:

Top Republicans say impeachment resolution is too little too late

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409October 29, 2019 2:52 PM

Politico:

Trump goes on Twitter tear after White House official condemns his Ukraine call

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410October 29, 2019 2:55 PM

NBC:

Internal White House debate stifles release of Pence-Zelenskiy call

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411October 29, 2019 2:56 PM

Too little too late they say. Of fucking course.

by Anonymousreply 412October 29, 2019 3:00 PM

As if they have any say in the matter. Yes, I'd love to see them go on record against prosecuting an abuse of power. They'll all have to support it. Nothing worse than being in that party now when no matter how you vote, you're fucked.

Delicious. Nancy is my hero for doing this and her timing. No one in the GOP is a friend to anyone; even the ones who support impeachment. They know what's she's doing and they have every right to be afraid.

by Anonymousreply 413October 29, 2019 3:04 PM

I wondered why 3 days President Pampers cut all flights to Cuban airports other than Habana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414October 29, 2019 3:25 PM

GOP moving the goal posts again, BUT unable to actually bring up substantive arguments. Because they can't,

Twisting in the wind. The House GOP can do the political equivalent of stamp feet and piss their pants because they are irrelevant. The Senate GOP has a much more head on the guillotine decision.

by Anonymousreply 415October 29, 2019 4:15 PM

[quote]The House GOP can do the political equivalent of stamp feet and piss their pants

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 416October 29, 2019 4:53 PM

Vindman arrives at Capitol Hill in full military dress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417October 29, 2019 5:12 PM

Can you imagine that piece of shit Sean Duffy trying to malign VIndman a patriot AND war hero on behalf of Trump? What the actual fuck? CNN better send Duffy packing over to Fox/Breitbart where he belongs.

Hope military voters and their families remember this rethug attempted smear campaign against one of their own.

by Anonymousreply 418October 29, 2019 5:19 PM

I can’t believe the GOP is now trying to disparage a Purple Heart recipient. There is no bottom with these folks.

by Anonymousreply 419October 29, 2019 5:20 PM

[quote]CNN better send Duffy packing over to Fox/Breitbart where he belongs.

Duffy is doing exactly what CNN contracted him to do.

by Anonymousreply 420October 29, 2019 5:23 PM

I don’t know a single person who even still watches CNN.

by Anonymousreply 421October 29, 2019 5:26 PM

WSJ: Gordon Sondland now confirms quid pro quo after previously denying it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422October 29, 2019 5:29 PM

This is my point. Sean Duffy is always talking about his faith. Why are Republican Christians NEVER confronted on issues of religion or faith. I would point out his lie and ask "Sean as a man of faith who follows the 10 commandments, why do you find it easy to bear false witness against others so freely and never admit or apologize for it".

Andrea Mitchell today asking Biden about being refused communion. Watch, every dem will have to respond to this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 423October 29, 2019 5:31 PM

When and where was Biden refused communion?

by Anonymousreply 424October 29, 2019 5:40 PM

House Oversight Committee chair: Vindman's testimony "extremely, extremely, extremely disturbing"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425October 29, 2019 5:47 PM

I hope the media really hammers any repubs who attack Vindman. Imagine if a Democrat did this to someone like Vindman. He/she/they would all be labeled unpatriotic and unAmerican.

by Anonymousreply 426October 29, 2019 6:00 PM

[quote] I can’t believe the GOP is now trying to disparage a Purple Heart recipient. There is no bottom with these folks.

Well Trump set the standard when he disparaged Khizr and Ghazala Khan, the parents of the Army captain who was killed in the Iraq War.

by Anonymousreply 427October 29, 2019 6:06 PM

No, the GOP set the standard in 2004 with the swift boating of two-time purple heart recipient John Kerry.

by Anonymousreply 428October 29, 2019 6:18 PM

Republicans handed Democrats their asses for going after that drunk slob Kavanaugh. The Democrats better return the fucking favor when Republicans go after this war hero.

by Anonymousreply 429October 29, 2019 6:25 PM

Vindman is going to further fracture the GOP. He is a purple heart recipient.

by Anonymousreply 430October 29, 2019 6:27 PM

I'm not sure. The vast majority of repub voters seem to just accept whatever their narrative is. If they attack military people it's OK because surely there must be something wrong with a veteran who is not on the repub side!!!!

The Trump era has just shown repubs are the most hypocritical pieces of shit ever.

by Anonymousreply 431October 29, 2019 6:29 PM

GOP can be obscene all they want, they are irrelevant. The GOP senate which might lose seats (if they lose 3 and Trump is not re-elected) they are in trouble. The squeeze is on. They could lose House Senate and Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 432October 29, 2019 6:48 PM

Thoughts of pushback at Vindman (they'll try somehow) make me realise that Trump seems to have given up on his pathetic schoolyard name-calling.

It's as if even he has now seen that his obese bully act doesn't play well, as many many more give him the side-eye. Stadium booing was just the start of the next phase. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 433October 29, 2019 6:56 PM

The thing with the stadium booing of Trump is that they (including Trump) finally realized that their attempts to manipulate the public don't work. I bet they thought if they could convince their base, the rest would follow (with a little help of the troll farms, Russians and alt-right). I bet they are shocked that the right wing media couldn't reach Liberal minds and make them turn on Pelosi and Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 434October 29, 2019 7:10 PM

where else can Trump go so that he has to deal with the public? This was the first time in a while where the audience was not curated for him. I mean last week at that HBCU they purposely made all but 7 students stay in their dorms.

by Anonymousreply 435October 29, 2019 7:24 PM

Here's a question I want every reporter to ask republicans about this reporting.

Republicans claim to support the military, yet they keep voting against them, why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436October 29, 2019 7:26 PM

You know, our media and our government failed to do a job on Putin. More than about 15 years ago, Manafort and some others were getting paid to promote a friendlier image of Putin. Russia has been our enemy, since what, 1945 forward? When it was Krushchev, Brezchnev, etc. nuclear missiles in Cuba, etc. we knew they were the bad guys. 60's, 70's, Russia = Bad Guys.

Their disastrous invasion of Afghanistan cost them a fortune. Their economy was in the shitter. then here comes Gorbachev and "glastnost" . Then Chernobyl fucked up the Ukraine (which was arguably the richest region in Russia,) and consequentially Russia, and Boris Yeltsin was a clown and a drunk....who asked the KGB Lt. Colonel Putin to be his Prime Minister. Then Yeltsin collapses.

So here's a young, attractive guy, who does a good job for about 7 years of improving the Russian economy, and seemed ready to join the family of nations,....except you can never trust the Russians. Especially after the Soviet Union collapsed. Because they were selling off the country for spare parts and back when Vlad Putin was deputy mayor of St. Petersburg, he was awarding contracts and making billionaires (Even his old JudoMaster!) and helping divide up the utility companies that were no longer nationalized.

The West, America never fully grasped how evil he was. He was having people murdered. He was blackmailing people, buying people, intimidating people, and had tight control of the billionaires he created. He has a goon squad of former FSB agents and has merged his power with the Russian mob. But the American people don't see Putin as evil. They need an education.

Russia's economy is in the shitter, worse than it ever was. It has been worsening for a decade or more. (Read Rachel Maddow's book!) Yet here's Putin traveling to Turkey and Cuba, fucking acting like he has a stable country, when his economy is fucked up thanks to his greed, and there are demonstrations all over Russia and people are getting gassed and arrested in the streets of Moscow every fucking week. Yet he gets away with it. When the fuck is the international media going to deconstruct this image of Putin in his custom made suits and cosmetic surgery, and show us the monster?

by Anonymousreply 437October 29, 2019 7:27 PM

R434: Trump lives in a bubble and creates his own reality with sycophants feeding him what he wants to see and hear. The stadium boos/chants was a dose of reality for him that he is not used to experiencing. TBH, I am surprised he did not say the “huge crowd was cheering for him more than Obama” - since he created an alternate reality (crowd size and weather) for his inauguration in-spite of evidence to the contrary. I guess he couldn’t stand MSNBC and CNN playing the crowd booing/chanting over and over again in response to that lie!

by Anonymousreply 438October 29, 2019 7:30 PM

There is much tighter coordination between Trump's WH and the Fox crowd during this impeachment inquiry. It is very noticable, especially with the departure of Shep Smith. It goes beyond Hannity. I'm convinced that Barr's meeting with Murdoch was to outline the WH strategy that they needed Fox's cooperation with, and less critical reporting was part of it, along with a noise machine that would smear witnesses and defame. It's a Trump strategy for years. Took it from Manafort's Ukrainian campaign when "Lock her up!" was first popularized.

by Anonymousreply 439October 29, 2019 7:30 PM

Washington Post:

The 5 public confirmations of a quid pro quo between Trump and Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440October 29, 2019 7:31 PM

CNBC:

House Democrats release resolution outlining impeachment probe process

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441October 29, 2019 7:33 PM

HuffPo:

$16.8 Million In Campaign Funds Went To Trump Businesses, Latest Records Reveal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442October 29, 2019 7:35 PM

Goddamn it. We need to stop saying "quid pro quo" and say "bribery". "Trump was bribing them with 400 million to make up lies about Hunter Biden. " Treason, bribery and high crimes and misdemeanors. He was bribing them with a trip to the WH.

Make a fucking Republican answer that question. Squid pro go shove it up your stinking ass.

by Anonymousreply 443October 29, 2019 7:45 PM

Has Trump even addressed the booing at the World Series or is he just pretending that it never happened? I would love to see him try and write it off as “fake news” something he witnessed in person and had a very visual response to.

by Anonymousreply 444October 29, 2019 7:46 PM

I’m voting for Trump next year just to spite all of y’all.

by Anonymousreply 445October 29, 2019 7:48 PM

^Well, shut my mouth wide open and bless my Texas heart, that's a 3rd degree burn. I do believe we'll need some aloe for that.

by Anonymousreply 446October 29, 2019 7:50 PM

So nice to hear from an in tell lectchal with a com peling argument.

by Anonymousreply 447October 29, 2019 7:52 PM

How very good of you to include us in your nihilistic pursuits. Thank you, we've have sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 448October 29, 2019 7:54 PM

A seasonal cartoon....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449October 29, 2019 7:58 PM

r437 Yes, Putin is evil. The Moscow Apartment bombings and the obliteration Chechnya were his calling cards.

by Anonymousreply 450October 29, 2019 8:14 PM

Here Jared (or his waxwork effigy) with Volodymyr Zelensky last June. Wonder what they had to talk about? Any messages from dad-in-law?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451October 29, 2019 8:23 PM

Nicolle Wallace called Laura Ingraham et al. "chickenshits" on air on her show today for besmirching Voldman.

by Anonymousreply 452October 29, 2019 8:34 PM

I heard that! Nicolle will cut a bitch

by Anonymousreply 453October 29, 2019 8:37 PM

Celebrity wiglet wearer Frank Luntz has a Queen Carlotta feeling, wants Trump booers "held accountable"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454October 29, 2019 8:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455October 29, 2019 9:13 PM

Murkowski & Collins say 'No' to Miss Lindsey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456October 29, 2019 9:28 PM

Collins took a look at those sagging poll numbers in Maine and has taken baby steps to get a backbone. Still she did irreparable harm to the United States by being concerned but not doing anything about it.

She needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 457October 29, 2019 9:43 PM

[quote]Collins took a look at those sagging poll numbers

Wait until she looks into a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 458October 29, 2019 9:45 PM

R455, at least the skinny one tried to repair the mistake. She clearly acts as if she's drugged with orders to do as the bloated suit beside her does.

I'd have gone with 'aliens' but 'robots' is so very accurate.

by Anonymousreply 459October 29, 2019 9:49 PM

I don't think anyone answered r424 but it was in South Carolina due to his position on abortion rights.

by Anonymousreply 460October 29, 2019 9:53 PM

The Senatrice can tell a gentleman caller, he's her first. One may call that a repeated fib many times over.

But this notes she lies when it comes to defending Daddie Orange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461October 29, 2019 10:11 PM

Dear R443 given that Ukraine was entitled to that support I think extortion is a more appropriate term than bribery.

by Anonymousreply 462October 29, 2019 10:13 PM

I'm with you, r462.

by Anonymousreply 463October 29, 2019 10:15 PM

Hello Elderlez @ r462. Good to see you posting.

Agree, by definition, it is extortion.

What's been conveyed so far with DJT, Rudy, and company, this scandal may include multiple types of illegal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 464October 29, 2019 10:29 PM

I want Rudy to go to jail!!!!!!!!! I want some African American prisoner to shove a broomstick up his rectum, and then make him give the guy a blow job.

by Anonymousreply 465October 29, 2019 10:32 PM

That's a bit much, R465. Do you need us to call someone?

by Anonymousreply 466October 29, 2019 10:36 PM

Let tRudy crossdress, and she'll relish being the prison granny bitch if housed with white collar inmates.

by Anonymousreply 467October 29, 2019 10:41 PM

Oh my GAAAAAAAAAAAAHD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468October 29, 2019 10:43 PM

Can convicts run for Congress? I never knew. That's hilarious and frightening. No shame.

by Anonymousreply 469October 29, 2019 10:44 PM

How cum, I read in The Hill that Elizabeth Warren used to represent ...gasp...corporations in another life time when she was in private practice.... and ...gasp....she used to be a REPUBLICAN!!!! And Rudy Fucking Giuliani used to be a fucking Democrat! He just turned in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 470October 29, 2019 10:46 PM

FCI you've been quiet. What's your take on where we stand today?

by Anonymousreply 471October 29, 2019 10:46 PM

FCI you've been quiet. What's your take on where we stand today?

by Anonymousreply 472October 29, 2019 10:46 PM

Unce Peter!! Quick! Git me mah smellin salts! Who jus called Miz Lindsey a piece of shit? Right out in public!

by Anonymousreply 473October 29, 2019 10:47 PM

^Susan Rice said that.

by Anonymousreply 474October 29, 2019 10:52 PM

Does the coffee boy at R468 still have that Russian—oops, sorry, Italian—wife?

by Anonymousreply 475October 29, 2019 10:55 PM

Dershowitz was on that Ingraham panel with Yoo making offensive, nasty remarks about Vindman.

Dershowitz has retained his glow since Epstein's demise was announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476October 29, 2019 11:01 PM

R466, it's not "a bit much" if you know Rudy's history. That was a real case that cost the City of New York many million$.

by Anonymousreply 477October 29, 2019 11:05 PM

NYT:

After Vindman’s Testimony Went Public, Right-Wing Conspiracies Fired Up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478October 29, 2019 11:07 PM

^

Jack Posobiec, a well-known figure on the far-right internet, tweeted the falsehood that Mr. Vindman had been advising the Ukrainian government on how to counter Mr. Trump’s foreign policy goals. Mr. Posobiec cited The New York Times as his source — in fact, The Times reported no such thing.

Nevertheless, his tweet was repeated verbatim at least 50 times by over 25 accounts in the same hour, many written in response to mainstream media tweets about news of Mr. Vindman’s testimony with no reference back to Mr. Posobiec’s original tweet.

by Anonymousreply 479October 29, 2019 11:16 PM

I'm done with CNN hiring Duffy. FUCK them. THIS is why we are where we are. He doesn't offer a different viewpoint; he offers lies and spin.

Him degrading the veteran is ballsy. The GOP has really flipped its lid for our derrrr leader.

by Anonymousreply 480October 29, 2019 11:18 PM

CNN can easily make Duffy and the Repukes look stupid. I'm OK with that. If they fire him, can you imagine the uproar at CNN being liberal fake media?

by Anonymousreply 481October 29, 2019 11:27 PM

CNN can easily make Duffy and the Repukes look stupid. I'm OK with that. If they fire him, can you imagine the uproar at CNN being liberal fake media?

by Anonymousreply 482October 29, 2019 11:27 PM

Hi Tundra, R464! Nice to see you too.

I am generally around. I just don’t often have anything useful to post.

by Anonymousreply 483October 29, 2019 11:34 PM

R456: Re. Collins - Better (very) late than never!

by Anonymousreply 484October 29, 2019 11:42 PM

The Hill:

Court blocks release of Mueller grand jury materials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485October 30, 2019 12:02 AM

r485...thats just a procedural stay....and its only for a few days so they can consider the petition....misleading headline

by Anonymousreply 486October 30, 2019 12:12 AM

Agreed, r486. I noticed that after I posted.

by Anonymousreply 487October 30, 2019 12:43 AM

NYT:

White House Ukraine Expert Sought to Correct Transcript of Trump Call

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488October 30, 2019 1:15 AM

Sondland thinks he can cover his ass by telling the truth retroactively....its a little late for that, and they better not give him a pass.

by Anonymousreply 489October 30, 2019 1:27 AM

Shirtless guy gif is an odd choice by Matt Gaytz.

No Miley Cyrus for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490October 30, 2019 1:38 AM

Matt wouldn't like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491October 30, 2019 1:51 AM

[quote]given that Ukraine was entitled to that support I think extortion is a more appropriate term than bribery.

Bribery has the advantage of being explicitly given as an example of impeachable offense in the Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 492October 30, 2019 2:01 AM

I am around and still posting but things are moving so fast I could have info for you all but it would be old news within minutes.

by Anonymousreply 493October 30, 2019 2:51 AM

Oh hell, why not bribery AND extortion?

Rick Wilson has been brutal with Congressional Dems for their weak messaging, and I'd have to say I agree. The Dems should be attacking the GOP like Republicans - 24/7 without mercy.

by Anonymousreply 494October 30, 2019 2:54 AM

Why doesn't the Democratic media turn the table on the Republican Party and attack them with "Why do you hate America so much?" and "Support our Troops and Allies!"? The Democratic Party should totally ride the patriotism angle.

by Anonymousreply 495October 30, 2019 3:01 AM

It is always a mystery why the Dems cannot message worth a damn. No one understands it. No one. All I can say is Dem/liberal brains just aren't wired that way.

by Anonymousreply 496October 30, 2019 3:06 AM

Hmm. A suspicious wave of negative messages after another day in which the Republicans have been absolutely torched.

by Anonymousreply 497October 30, 2019 3:08 AM

R497 Yes, it always happens but the Dems lack of messaging is well known. Trolls will try to demoralize us but Dems do need to develop effective messaging since we see the GOP has no bottom they haven't met. *insert LG joke*

by Anonymousreply 498October 30, 2019 3:16 AM

Coffee Boy fuckery incoming ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499October 30, 2019 3:39 AM

I hated to see Katie go. Something is very fishy with how that went down.......

by Anonymousreply 500October 30, 2019 3:50 AM

It is true, there is absolutely constant whoring and slaving for Trump on the part of every Republican in Congress, now in the service of bribery and extortion on behalf of pretty much every asshole oligarch in the known world and Dems can't message that? This is some seriously sad shit. Maybe it's all the sad old stupid paid consultants who haven't had a thought since 1992.

by Anonymousreply 501October 30, 2019 3:51 AM

Katie Hill = Al Franken

The Democratic Party never learns.

by Anonymousreply 502October 30, 2019 3:53 AM

Why the Democratic Party isn't mentioning Duncan Hunter every hour on the hour, well, as said, we are shit at messaging.

by Anonymousreply 503October 30, 2019 3:55 AM

Have no fear- the Dems have big, huuuuge, devastating facts against the GOP. As Nancy has wanted, a steady stream of damning shit. All they can do is throw every military, intel, FBI, CIA and diplomat under the bus in service of what? All of this is not going unnoticed by those who really matter. The fact the GOP would go to these links shows you everything you need to know about how rotten and corrupt to the core the entire party is.

by Anonymousreply 504October 30, 2019 3:58 AM

they've been rotten and corrupt for 100 years r504. When the fuck is the Democratic Party actually going to make that work against them?

by Anonymousreply 505October 30, 2019 4:01 AM

Al "Handsy" Franken has no one to blame but himself. Get off the shit!

by Anonymousreply 506October 30, 2019 4:19 AM

Actually Duncan Hunter and David Vitter and yeah Trump have nobody to blame but themselves. It's just that they pay absolutely no price for it, ever. And what the fuck, let's throw Newt Gingrich in there for old times sake. Why are Republicans allowed to be complete manwhores and never pay the slightest price for it.

I'll even throw in Mark Sandford, came back from a truly embarrassing and frankly crazy sex scandal. The only time he was actually punished was when he dared to oppose the Rapist God Emperor Himself, Donald J. Trump.

And again, the same question, why can't Democrats ever make any shit work for them?

by Anonymousreply 507October 30, 2019 4:25 AM

It’s the Republicans who have no message now, or rather, their only message is “please don’t hurt me, Donnie.”

by Anonymousreply 508October 30, 2019 4:27 AM

The problem is that when Democrats attack, the media pushes back against them right away. That never happens with the Repugs who are allowed to do and say whatever they want all the fucking time. I mean, right now, isn't there some bullshit about Biden and communion or something? I mean, come the fuck on!

You know those families where the responsible, helpful, polite child gets ignored, used, and treated like crap while the troublemaking fuckup child gets treated with kid gloves and rewarded for just not fucking up as much as usual? That's the media's relationship to the Democrats and Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 509October 30, 2019 5:37 AM

r501 [quote]It is true, there is absolutely constant whoring and slaving for Trump on the part of every Republican in Congress, now in the service of bribery and extortion on behalf of pretty much every asshole oligarch in the known world and Dems can't message that? This is some seriously sad shit. Maybe it's all the sad old stupid paid consultants who haven't had a thought since 1992.

The Clintons and their entourage of paid consultants dominated the Democratic Establishment for so long, hoovered up all the money, reuced all the connections to a personal basis, that Dems are left with the Clinton old playbook. Except w/out the money.

r507

[quote]And again, the same question, why can't Democrats ever make any shit work for them?

You can bet Bobby Kennedy, LBJ, LaGuardia and Daley would not put up with this.

by Anonymousreply 510October 30, 2019 6:14 AM

Look at Schumer playing chess! This is actually a smart strategy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511October 30, 2019 6:38 AM

[bold]Wajahat Ali[/bold] @WajahatAli The murderer and dictator of Saudi Arabia, MBS, has bragged that he has Jared Kushner in his "pocket." Just wanted to tweet that today.

[bold]Things still to happen[/bold]

[bold]Angry Staffer[/bold] @AngrierWHStaff Oct 25 ... - Saudi Arabia quid pro quo w/ Jared

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 30, 2019 8:10 AM

George Papadopoulos is not an astute man. If he were an astute man, I might give him the benefit of the doubt and say that his tweet that Hill's district was up for the taking was due to her small margin of victory in 2018 and that he was commenting on the political scene in his area. Given that he is not an astute man, I'd say rather that he was tweeting something that his Russian—oops, I mean Italian—handler-wife fed him that she got from the Republican swamp. Does Roger Stone have email privileges?

by Anonymousreply 513October 30, 2019 10:25 AM

R511, Trump may think about doing that, but he will definitely lose the Senate. The polling would go against him. It would be the 4th time in three years he pulled that bullshit. I think McConnell will tell him he will lose the only remaining firewall he has in the Senate if he shuts things down. IMO, he has two tactics up his sleeve. Shutting down the government is one, and declaring an emergency is another. He could declare an emergency if there were widespread demonstrations and his MAGAts deliberately provoked violence. That's why I'm glad that except for some modest demonstrations we have not resorted to becoming Hong Kong. .....or Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 514October 30, 2019 10:43 AM

I just read Dumps latest tweets and it really disgusts me how many Senators tweet and repeat these lies every day. Most of them are lawyers and know very well that there is nothing wrong with the inquiry. Trump does not have the right to defend himself, face his accusers or have his lawyers or representatives present during an investigation. This happens at the trial. They all know this and still repeat these lies over and over again. How can these people live with themselves?

by Anonymousreply 515October 30, 2019 10:57 AM

#pieceofshit

Not going to link Fox News, but Graham went off the rails on Hannity last evening.

He rages against "process", but fails to offer any defense on the "substance of the inquiry".

The Republican game plan is to present Trump as the victim of mean, bullying Democrats.

So the bully Trump is being bullied by Pelosi? Good luck with that one potty-mouth Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 516October 30, 2019 11:45 AM

George Papa’s wife is so obviously Russian or Baltic of some sort. Why do the two them insist on this fiction that she is Italian? I would love for an interview to just stop an interview and start speaking to whatsherface in Russian saying really damning things to her that she would reflexively respond to.

“You are a Russian whore, isn’t that correct? Have by you ever had the head of Putin’s cock in your mouth or asshole?”

by Anonymousreply 517October 30, 2019 11:59 AM

A good defense lawyer always attacks the process. Think about it. If there are steady consistent attacks on process, telling the public how flawed and corrupt the process is, and that anything that comes out of it is therefore invalid, not credible, etc. Then by the time the charges are brought against the defendant and the trial begins, they hope to cast enough doubt, to sway public opinion and win in the Senate and when they win, they will continue to insist the Democrats were corrupt from the start. It's a strategy.

by Anonymousreply 518October 30, 2019 12:04 PM

It is a strategy, yes, for the dullard base.

But then they could shit on the living room floor of their base, and they would be told it doesn't stink.

by Anonymousreply 519October 30, 2019 1:43 PM

More damning testimony:

From Volker advisor & State official Chris Anderson’s opening statement: When Russia attacked Ukrainian military vessels heading to Mariupol, State quickly prepared a statement condemning Russia for its escalation but top officials in the White House blocked it from being issued.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520October 30, 2019 1:54 PM

[quote]A good defense lawyer always attacks the process. Think about it. If there are steady consistent attacks on process, telling the public how flawed and corrupt the process is, and that anything that comes out of it is therefore invalid, not credible, etc. Then by the time the charges are brought against the defendant and the trial begins, they hope to cast enough doubt, to sway public opinion and win in....

Of Course!

by Anonymousreply 521October 30, 2019 2:13 PM

I agree R443. We need to talk in the same simplistic language that Trump uses since his followers don't understand all these fancy lawyer words.

by Anonymousreply 522October 30, 2019 2:23 PM

WaPo: Suddenly Ken Starr doesn't like impeachment so much

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523October 30, 2019 2:27 PM

Ken Starr was terminated as President of Baylor University for his role in suppressing sexual assault complaints against football players by female students.

Fox or anyone else hiring him for legal commentaries is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 524October 30, 2019 2:41 PM

NBC:

House lawmakers vow to secure U.S. visas for Syrian Kurds after Trump's troop pullout

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525October 30, 2019 2:41 PM

My gurl is tweeting her latest interview with Hannity.

She obeys. I like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526October 30, 2019 2:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527October 30, 2019 3:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528October 30, 2019 3:04 PM

What these shrieking Republicans in the House and Senate are doing is trying to appeal to Trump's fundamentalists/Fox News watchers/deplorable base to keep them in the fold. That's not hard, deceptively identify with them, tell them what they want to hear whether truth or not, and give them talking points to share among themselves. It's about keeping their votes, a third of the electorate.

Those above are not the more affluent country club/business class/old money Republicans who can differeniate motives and messaging, and choose based on their own perceived economic interests. If they start feeling the hurt enough, they'll be among the first Republicans to abandon Trump.

by Anonymousreply 529October 30, 2019 3:57 PM

ActBlue is set to begin running impeachment ads in Maine. Will Susie Collins be concerned?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530October 30, 2019 4:02 PM

The economy is now slowing down. That murdering bastard, MSB, is on record as claiming Count Kushner as 'in his pocket' at the recent Middle East economic summit. This blackmailing of the Ukraine for political purposes, the clear attempts to block the unredacted Mueller transcripts, hell, even the First Whore's grifting by selling herself in photos and stories - what more proof does anyone need?

He released a doctored transcript and called it 'perfect' - any doubts should be over in the minds of independent voters. I expect nothing from his base. Meanwhile, Russia is saying Bagdhadid is alive, they have proof of our 'stealing' Syrian oil, and proving they are not a friend you call after you capture a terrorist. No one is standing against him but the EU and we've left them hanging. Will we do nothing if Putty-Puke marches into Estonia or Latvia? I can hear the cowards now: "What have they ever done for us?" as they sit on their sorry arses and lock down the troops.

My vet friends are pissed. He's made a lot of serious miscalculations, but humiliating our troops and now the attack on a man whose job it was to keep us all secure and listen in - a veteran, a patriot - was the last straw for some pretty conservative friends in the military who asked me, in 2016, to give him a chance. They aren't asking anymore. They're pissed.

by Anonymousreply 531October 30, 2019 4:03 PM

My single deplorable that I use as a tracking pole is totally over Plump now. He checked out after the Kurdish betrayal. And out of nowhere seems lucid and it’s like the last 3 years never happened.

Never thought it would go out with a whimper.

by Anonymousreply 532October 30, 2019 4:10 PM

Poll

by Anonymousreply 533October 30, 2019 4:10 PM

R531, I can verify that your last phrase about vets is accurate. My deplorable tracking poll is also a vet. Now I’m wondering if his lucidity was just new talking points from vets. Because everything for last three years out of his mouth was a carbon copy talking point. He has zero original thoughts.

Maybe some vet groups are getting to him. So they all hate Plump now?

by Anonymousreply 534October 30, 2019 4:12 PM

Much of that new military spending has gone to Trump-friendly contractors and vendors.

Thanks for your PAC contributions.

by Anonymousreply 535October 30, 2019 4:18 PM

We're a group of 12, R534, that met in basic training and wrote back and forth to each other during our various posting adventures. ALL of them are now angry. I'd say it was 50/50 in terms of political affiliation, with two guys being relatively staunch GOP. They loved Trump, thought he had the 'common touch' and could talk to them on their level.

The Kurd thing was bad. Both of them called me and were WTF over it. We've managed to stay friends for all these years and had some pretty heady arguments, but that day was hard. I cried for the Kurds and so did they....one of them is an ex-Army Ranger. Then this hearing and the attacks on Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman became the final straw.

by Anonymousreply 536October 30, 2019 4:20 PM

HRC isn't buying Zuckerberg's bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537October 30, 2019 4:23 PM

Trump campaign holding "Halloween Witch Hunt" party featuring Diamond and Silk in Lancaster, PA tonight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538October 30, 2019 4:24 PM

What a maroon. Those women are being so used that I could almost feel sorry for them.

by Anonymousreply 539October 30, 2019 4:25 PM

Sally, tell 'em.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540October 30, 2019 4:29 PM

I wish I could hear Sally speak her tweet. I love her voice.

by Anonymousreply 541October 30, 2019 4:53 PM

I like to think that they know the end is near. I've noticed that the posts for rubles contingent have been amping up their attacks on social media. I'm seeing more and more, "Deplorables," join liberal facebook groups and spam with pro-Drumpf and anti-Hillary (yes that old nugget) memes. It reeks of desperation and a calculated effort.

by Anonymousreply 542October 30, 2019 5:10 PM

Speaking of Fbook, Ive no doubt that Zberg is doing his best to help Rethugs. I have a few friends who all mysteriously got their accounts deleted. None of them got a warning about it, they all just tried to log in one day and it wouldn't allow them to. None of them appear in my friends list any more. The one thing they have in common? All of them only used their accounts posting in Democratic groups - just news articles and discussions. Nothing reportable.

And yet these Deplorable bots get to keep their accounts? Definitely shady.

by Anonymousreply 543October 30, 2019 5:17 PM

Mark Zuckerberg is a total threat to our nation. He is a total liar too. I loved AOC eviscerating his ass last week.

by Anonymousreply 544October 30, 2019 5:23 PM

Don't forget us, R544!

by Anonymousreply 545October 30, 2019 5:25 PM

Get off Facebook...you'll be happy you did

by Anonymousreply 546October 30, 2019 5:37 PM

No to Facebook. Zuck's outfit needs to be broken-up. Don't have anti-truits anymore. And with the DOJ corrupt, and the flurry of pro-corporate judges appointed on multiple levels, little to nothing will be done.

by Anonymousreply 547October 30, 2019 5:44 PM

^anti-trust suits

by Anonymousreply 548October 30, 2019 5:46 PM

Seconding R546. If you're still on Fb, you are being hosed. You'll be happier without it and wonder what the hell got into you when you realize how much time you wasted.

by Anonymousreply 549October 30, 2019 5:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550October 30, 2019 6:18 PM

Trump refuses to release his tax returns, yet Republicans complain about transparency.

by Anonymousreply 551October 30, 2019 6:28 PM

Breaking news: Rethugs are lying, hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 552October 30, 2019 6:54 PM

[quote]Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan implicitly broke with Trump, telling lawmakers that it would not be "in accord with our values" for a president to ask a foreign government to investigate a political rival.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553October 30, 2019 6:54 PM

Reuters:

Impeachment testimony details lobbyist bid to get U.S. envoy to Ukraine fired

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554October 30, 2019 7:02 PM

I can't with this retard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555October 30, 2019 7:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556October 30, 2019 7:05 PM

Politico:

House Democrats closing ranks behind impeachment inquiry vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557October 30, 2019 7:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558October 30, 2019 7:17 PM

r556 -

“The U.S. government policy community’s view is that the election of Zelenskyy and the promise of reforms to eliminate corruption will lock in Ukraine’s Western-leaning trajectory, and allow Ukraine to realize its dream of a vibrant democracy and economic prosperity,” Vindman said in his opening statement.

Story Continued Below

But he was instructed “at the last second” not to attend the debriefing, Vindman told lawmakers, because Trump’s advisers worried it might confuse the president: Trump believed at the time that Kashyap Patel, a longtime Nunes staffer who joined the White House in February and had no discernible Ukraine experience or expertise, was actually the NSC’s top Ukraine expert instead of Vindman.

Vindman testified that he was told this directly by his boss at the time, NSC senior director for European and Russian affairs Fiona Hill.

Hill told Vindman that she and national security adviser John Bolton thought it best to exclude Vindman from the debriefing to avoid “an uncomfortable situation,” he said.

by Anonymousreply 559October 30, 2019 7:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560October 30, 2019 7:18 PM

[quote]Dear @SenSchumer: Unless the Trump Administration significantly changes the presentation they gave to House Members today, you are unlikely going to get the briefing you are expecting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561October 30, 2019 7:19 PM

[quote]Trump has urged Republicans to focus on the substance in the impeachment inquiry, not the process.

I can confirm our focus will continue to be on the President’s own words and misconduct.

Glad we all agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562October 30, 2019 7:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563October 30, 2019 7:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564October 30, 2019 7:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565October 30, 2019 7:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566October 30, 2019 7:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567October 30, 2019 7:25 PM

al-Baghdadi may never has existed. Just an actor playing a role for propaganda.

I hate that I find him sexy. I love plump dark furry cubs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568October 30, 2019 7:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569October 30, 2019 7:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570October 30, 2019 7:45 PM

CNN:

Bill Taylor willing to testify publicly in impeachment probe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571October 30, 2019 7:59 PM

Yahoo:

How Chief Justice John Roberts would lead the Senate impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572October 30, 2019 8:00 PM

Things we still need to know:

What did the Fixer do for Hannity?

What did Justice Kennedy get in exchange for retiring?

by Anonymousreply 573October 30, 2019 8:09 PM

[quote]@HeidiNBC perfectly sums up the ABC’s of impeachable offenses: Abuse of power, Betrayal of our country or allies, Corruption of vital government processes like elections. Trump’s shakedown of Ukraine fits A, B, and C to a T. And that’s Q.E.D.

by Anonymousreply 574October 30, 2019 8:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575October 30, 2019 8:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576October 30, 2019 8:17 PM

More stories of your dealings with Deplorables!

I have yet to personally see any of them change their minds. I spoke to one last week who just complained that Liberals were wasting time and money on a witch hunt.

I said, "Witch Hunt? So you honestly believe he has done nothing wrong with regard to Ukraine, etc."

They went silent for a moment and then replied, "Of course he did but it isn't that big of a deal. All Politicians do stuff like that."

by Anonymousreply 577October 30, 2019 8:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578October 30, 2019 8:27 PM

It's funny how Rethugs and Deplorables have such an issue with a so called, "witch hunt," and yet are more than happy to keep the HRC-Hunt going as many times as they possibly can.

It;s mind boggling they are too stupid to understand how stupid they are.

by Anonymousreply 579October 30, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote]"More high level Trump administration insiders are testifying on Capitol Hill under subpoena and drawing the line directly to Trump and his demand for dirt on his political rivals in the fast moving scandal..." -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580October 30, 2019 8:31 PM

[quote]BREAKING NEWS: "Three sources tell our Capitol Hill team... that John Bolton has been invited to give his deposition next Thursday"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581October 30, 2019 8:31 PM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582October 30, 2019 8:40 PM

CNBC:

Twitter bans political ads after Facebook refused to do so

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583October 30, 2019 8:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584October 30, 2019 8:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585October 30, 2019 9:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586October 30, 2019 9:05 PM

Jr. might very well be stupider than his father.

by Anonymousreply 587October 30, 2019 9:06 PM

And that's obviously saying something!

by Anonymousreply 588October 30, 2019 9:06 PM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589October 30, 2019 9:06 PM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 590October 30, 2019 9:15 PM

this

by Anonymousreply 591October 30, 2019 9:15 PM

thread

by Anonymousreply 592October 30, 2019 9:15 PM

out

by Anonymousreply 593October 30, 2019 9:15 PM

Continued

by Anonymousreply 594October 30, 2019 9:16 PM

Discussion

by Anonymousreply 595October 30, 2019 9:16 PM

At

by Anonymousreply 596October 30, 2019 9:16 PM

the

by Anonymousreply 597October 30, 2019 9:16 PM

link

by Anonymousreply 598October 30, 2019 9:16 PM

below

by Anonymousreply 599October 30, 2019 9:16 PM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 30, 2019 9:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!