Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

American Horror Story - Part Trois

For the poor people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512November 14, 2019 5:44 PM

Mmmmmm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2019 9:23 PM

She looks fabulous here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2019 9:24 PM

Is the thread under a paywall for the freeloaders? I did think it was unusual the latest episode got fewer comments.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2019 9:39 PM

Yes, R3.

AHS 1984 Part Deux is under a paywall now.

Locked down.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2019 10:43 PM

This thread is completely redundant and unnecessary. Datalounge is already discussing this topic on a thread that has 150 posts left.

I’d love to hear why the OP thinks we need a new thread already on this. What’s wrong with the thread in use? Why would you start this several days before a new episode is even out?

ANSWER: OP is the psychotic Redundant Thread Copycat, so desperate for any smidgeon of human contact it will just repeat threads where it found traction in the past.

The thirst is real, the mental illness is real and it has no social life.

F&F, please. This wasn’t an accident, the OP is an overzealous stalker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2019 11:28 PM

[quote] This thread is completely redundant and unnecessary. Datalounge is already discussing this topic on a thread that has 150 posts left.

[quote] I’d love to hear why the OP thinks we need a new thread already on this. What’s wrong with the thread in use? Why would you start this several days before a new episode is even out?

Are you fucking insane?

Have you not been paying attention to what's been going on here lately, you goddamned psycho?

PEOPLE CAN'T POST ON THAT THREAD BECAUSE THERE IS A PAYWALL IN FORCE.

Contrary to what your diseased brain may think, the majority of posters here are NOT paid contributors. Which means that once a paywall is up, they can no longer post there. EVER.

That's why there are so many fucking duplicate threads. Because people are getting LOCKED OUT of the popular threads.

Go take your fucking medication, you putrid CUNT R5!

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2019 11:32 PM

Sarah Paulson confirms she isn't appearing this season, and admitted she was a little bored returning to AHS after doing the OJ series

[quote]After wrapping up with People v. O.J., she returned for the sixth season of Ryan Murphy's other FX series, American Horror Story, which she has now starred in for a total of eight seasons (she confirmed during the panel that she will not be making any appearances on the currently airing ninth season of the horror franchise AHS: 1984). But the dual role she played that season in AHS: Roanoke, she admitted, was not her favorite. "I said to Ryan, 'There’s pre-Marcia and there’s post-Marcia' and it was very hard for me, once I played a person that was that complicated and three-dimensional and fully realized, to then do something that was a little more on the surface. It made it harder to be excited about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2019 2:31 PM

Not a slasher/horror movie fan. I've never seen any of the movies they make reference to, but I am enjoying this season and I "get" it. The over the top and gory killings, the supernatural murderers and the trapped victims that have been staples of these kind of films. It's all good fun. Cody is terrific. Best he's been.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2019 3:09 PM

Cody's a great actor and I want to support openly queer artists. But I don't get the infatuation with him; he's not hot.

Somebody on the first, two threads claims to have insider knowledge of the production and a couple of predictions have been spot-on ("Montana is the sister of Roberts' groom's murdered Best Man and teamed up with Ramirez to murder Roberts!")

This + all the Fern fawning makes me wonder if Cody Fern is posting here!

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2019 5:39 PM

Cody is a good actor. Attraction is subjective. To each their own.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 3:26 AM

[quote] But I don't get the infatuation with him; he's not hot.

I think he's gorgeous, but then I like feminine, thin guys.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 3:30 AM

R6 Ewwww, you smell of poverty and desperation. Go suck ya Daddy for the buck fifty

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 3:34 AM

I'm disappointed that Matthew Morrison's horse dicked character bit the dust. I was hoping Gus Kenworthy was going to blow him.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 10:57 AM

Gus Kenworthy should have bit the dust, and not Matthew.

Matthew can actually act. Gus cannot.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 3:33 PM

Gus is on the show simply for "stunt casting."

He's there as a gimmick, just like Lady Gaga in AHS Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 3:34 PM

[quote] Contrary to what any sane person may think, the majority of posters here are cheap Poors that are too sad to pay a buck fifty a month, and have to whine about it incessantly.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 3:38 PM

[Quote]Cody is terrific. Best he's been.

You are seriously comparing his work in this campy little thing to his gut wrenching emotional narrative in Versace....?

I can't.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 9:59 PM

He was best in Versace, but he is, as Angelica Ross said, acting his ass off this season.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2019 10:04 PM

Man Ryan Murphy has been all about embracing the fan made stuff this season. First the fan-made opening credits, not the fan-made promo for the 100th episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2019 5:56 PM

Gus is doing an adequate job.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2019 7:00 PM

New episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2019 12:41 AM

God, the "Gruesome Violence + Upbeat Pop Tune" schtick is getting old.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2019 2:05 AM

It really could have been done better. I get where they were going but they could have gone there in a much more interesting way. It is too campy and not in the best way.

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2019 2:09 AM

"I have breathed the fire of 1,000 white, hot suns!!!!"

What Datalounger writes this crap?

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2019 2:14 AM

Boat escape = Friday the 13th: The Game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2019 2:16 AM

Ray's back, bitches!

Ghost or demonic resurrection?

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2019 2:17 AM

Man that was a lot of dialog for Gus, too much...

by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2019 2:22 AM

"So I can kill you!! Nyah-ha-ha!"

LOL

The mustache-twirling is really otherworldly. Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and their writers are just a bunch of drag queens who fetishize MOMMY DEAREST and DYNASTY.

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2019 2:24 AM

Ray is an incubus.

by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2019 2:30 AM

"What are you?!"

A real person wouldn't immediately assume Ray is something supernatural because she found what appears to be an identical head in the fridge.

She would consider a few other possibilities first, like fake head, twin brother, extreme likeness, etc.

by Anonymousreply 30October 17, 2019 2:33 AM

I hope Jingles turns up in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 31October 17, 2019 2:33 AM

I hope Jingles turns up in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 32October 17, 2019 2:33 AM

[Quote]She would consider a few other possibilities first, like fake head, twin brother, extreme likeness

Uh, under these absurd circumstances that's not what anyone would be thinking.

by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2019 2:34 AM

Yes it is. A typical person wouldn't up the absurdity.

by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2019 2:37 AM

Montana's turn to devour the scenery!

by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2019 2:37 AM

I don’t remember people being obsessed with getting the cover of TV guide in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2019 2:39 AM

Exact archery range from FRIDAY THE 13th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2019 2:46 AM

It looks like the kids are real.

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2019 2:48 AM

Speaking of Hotel, this season has very much the same type of dark vibe to it. There is certainly the serial killer connection.

by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2019 2:48 AM

lol the kids saw it.

by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2019 2:49 AM

Margaret pulled a PURPLE NOON/MR. RIPLEY on Chet ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 17, 2019 2:51 AM

... followed by a Tommy Jarvis sink job from JASON LIVES.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2019 2:51 AM

I hope Ghost Trevor returns

by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2019 2:53 AM

I love Ghost Montana

by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2019 2:55 AM

So Montana has that hair to easily hide her stunt double?

by Anonymousreply 45October 17, 2019 2:55 AM

Has there been ANY nudity beyond Morrison yet? God, Ryan Murphy has gotten so boring lately. He might as well go back to making Glee.

by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2019 2:56 AM

Montana says it's purgatory, as TV GUIDE predicted.

Do we believe her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 17, 2019 2:57 AM

So Satan just really loves Richard Ramirez so much he can just bring Mr. Jingles back because Ramirez says so.....mmmkay.

by Anonymousreply 48October 17, 2019 2:59 AM

No nudity. Just recycled slasher plots and cheap twists. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 49October 17, 2019 2:59 AM

Killer Ghost Xavier will be fun.

by Anonymousreply 50October 17, 2019 3:00 AM

Killer Ghost Xavier will be fun.

by Anonymousreply 51October 17, 2019 3:00 AM

Sooooo... Ramirez and Jingles can leave while no one else can... because Satan?

by Anonymousreply 52October 17, 2019 3:00 AM

The others are ghost, ghosts are trapped where they died except for on Halloween.

Ramirez and Jingles were resurrected.

by Anonymousreply 53October 17, 2019 3:01 AM

They’re still real; just resurrected. The kids are ghosts. I hate the ghost resurrection plots of Coven and Hotel - lazy writing IMO - but we’ll just see where this season goes.

Invincible ghost protagonists is pretty damn boring.

by Anonymousreply 54October 17, 2019 3:02 AM

I will say this: Zach Villa is a good, little actor and he comes across very sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 17, 2019 3:03 AM

Margaret needs to get her fucking comeuppance. I'm guessing Donna and Brooke somehow team up to take her out.

by Anonymousreply 56October 17, 2019 3:04 AM

They couldn't even give us a shot of Ray's hot ass as he pops Brooke's cherry?

by Anonymousreply 57October 17, 2019 3:07 AM

So there is still 5 episodes left? Where the hell is this season going to go.

Also, this episode is the first one I felt kinda bored. I had been having fun with this season so far.

by Anonymousreply 58October 17, 2019 3:07 AM

Deedee's discovery of a victim bound to the bed whom she thought was dead was done before in David Fincher's Se7en -- to actual scary effect.

Notice how the originals that AHS is lazily copying are so much better crafted and directed to be actually scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 17, 2019 3:12 AM

I'm really not into this supernatural stuff. This episode seemed all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 60October 17, 2019 3:17 AM

AHS is a supernatural show, I think Cult is the inky exception.

I do agree this episode was all over the place, and not in an entertaining way. Weakest one so far.

by Anonymousreply 61October 17, 2019 3:21 AM

It had bright moments. Brooke v Montana was pretty great. Large Marge getting those ears was pretty wicked.

But yeah. There’s nowhere for this series to really go. Will Rita be a force for good, breaking her destiny in the process, to make sure Brooke isn’t the next Jingles? Easy answer.

by Anonymousreply 62October 17, 2019 3:25 AM

I found the episode to fly by. A lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 63October 17, 2019 3:26 AM

[quote]So there is still 5 episodes left? Where the hell is this season going to go.

My guess is episode 6 will be about the ghosts at the camp fighting each other. I think it will be Xavier and Montana vs Ray, Trevor, and Chet. Since it's the 100th don't be surprised if it's tied to Murder House and Hotel.

The IMDB synopsis says the 7 episode is supposed about the history of the camp. There will likely be some kind of supernatural or occult events that occurred before the 1970 masscare and probably the reason why people stay as ghosts if they die there.

The following episodes will be Brooke in a mental hospital or prison, Donna is somewhere out there trying to figure out the Ramirez, Jingles, and Margaret shit. Margaret goes on a media tour about "surviving two massacres". I think Jingles or Margaret's victims try to plan some kind of revenge.

by Anonymousreply 64October 17, 2019 3:26 AM

so the camp has the same thing as Murder House and Hotel Cortez?

by Anonymousreply 65October 17, 2019 3:30 AM

[quote]Will Rita be a force for good, breaking her destiny in the process, to make sure Brooke isn’t the next Jingles? Easy answer.

Yeah, I think she is being set up to be the hero. The real end battle could be Fake Rita vs. Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 66October 17, 2019 3:30 AM

Montana and Xavier enjoying being dead and murdering whoever sets foot in Camp Redwood is a ripoff of Hotel when Sally and Will Drake did the same exact thing and that in turn is a ripoff of Hayden's actions after realizing she was dead in Murder House. Hell, Montana is nearly identical to Sally with their sluttiness, wild hair, leopard print and obsessions with pain.

by Anonymousreply 67October 17, 2019 3:31 AM

I know Angelica Ross is trans, but she can easily pass for a cis-woman.

by Anonymousreply 68October 17, 2019 3:36 AM

Agree r68.

I think she is the first trans actor I've seen where I wouldn't have suspected they were trans.

by Anonymousreply 69October 17, 2019 3:38 AM

I have to agree with R68 and R69. She passes much better than LaVerne Cox or Caitlyn.

by Anonymousreply 70October 17, 2019 3:40 AM

Good question, r58. So far, posters here and journalists have predicted everything. The harder they try to shock, the more boring it gets.

But my question from Thread #2 remains: What will finally make all these invincible ghosts fuck off?

They can't seem to stand each other, and the movie has us rooting for Margaret to fail. But how will she be vanquished?

A good horror show would have started on the mystery of how to banish the spirits by now. Maybe that's what the next 5 episodes will work on. Usually, there's a guru with a magic spell to make it all go away.

What will make it all go away? Will they realize their attempts to kill each others' spirits won't work, so they strike a ghost peace? Will they be left torturing each other with cartoon violence, like a Coyote/Roadrunner cartoon forever?

MY GUESS: Everyone has an evil past. So once their biggest sins are all revealed, one of them, probably Roberts, will apologize, make amends and forgive Margaret and Montana.

Being decent and forgiving for a change will earn God's forgiveness and Emma will get to go to heaven, while the others are stuck cartoonishly torturing each other in purgatory. Maybe Margaret earns a place in hell, or the others find a way to send her there.

But the twist will be that one of these assholes finally has a conscience.

Maybe it's not really purgatory and most are either ghosts or demonic resurrections. Maybe getting revenge and killing Margaret will finally set them all free to go to the afterlife while Margaret is dammed to hell, in contrast to her devout, Christian certainty.

Margaret frying in hell despite her faith would be campy as fuck and hilarious in the right hands.

by Anonymousreply 71October 17, 2019 3:41 AM

[quote]They can't seem to stand each other, and the movie has us rooting for Margaret to fail. But how will she be vanquished?

It's possible that Margaret could be vanquished if she gets killed outside of Camp Redwood or an area where people don't return as a ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 72October 17, 2019 3:47 AM

The AHS 1984 account has posted that the season was reduced to 9 episodes and the finale is on November 13th.

by Anonymousreply 73October 17, 2019 3:52 AM

Reducing it is always a good call. Don't stretch it out longer than you need to, let the writing decide.

by Anonymousreply 74October 17, 2019 3:54 AM

[quote]I found the episode to fly by. A lot of fun.

I also thought it was fun. When kids were shown on the bus happily singing I figured they were going to see something awful.

by Anonymousreply 75October 17, 2019 4:00 AM

The writers of this article wonder how Brooke and Ray had sex. They must have forgotten that the Murder House season had ghosts fucking live people like Tate and Vivian and Hayden and Travis in Murder House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 17, 2019 4:07 AM

r76....theyve probably only seen the last season or teo of AHS...most of those online reviews are all written by kids...click on the pick of the one who wrote your article...she looks about 19...which would have made her 11 in 2011 when AHS started.

by Anonymousreply 77October 17, 2019 4:20 AM

I might be remembering wrong, but didn't Sally fuck people in the Hotel season?

by Anonymousreply 78October 17, 2019 4:22 AM

I caught them dropping that Gus' character is likely gay and closeted. I wonder if he'll be back in the second half of the series since he died on the lake trying to get to the other camp which may or may not be part of the camp grounds.

Looks like Ray might be a "good" ghost. During the promo he was telling them not to kill everyone that came to the camp. Hotel, at least, established that ghosts usually start killing out of boredom. Of course, if the whole land is messed up, then it's weird that they'd keep killing people since they'd just return to haunt since they'd be stuck.

[quote]It's possible that Margaret could be vanquished if she gets killed outside of Camp Redwood or an area where people don't return as a ghosts.

Like Donovan in Hotel, who asked to die outside of the hotel so he wouldn't get stuck. Then later we discovered he was in "heaven." Or the girl from the first season who didn't make it back to the Murder House before her death. That's totally possible. I wouldn't be shocked if Rita was the one to do it or even Jingles who said she was his last kill.

Part of my mind wonders if they'd go full tilt back into their own mythology and bring in a witch or a psychic. They've already shown that you can banish ghosts even as a human although it doesn't always work. They also mentioned that ghosts can be freed if they resolve whatever issues they had in life but I doubt that could happen here.

[quote]Yeah, I think she is being set up to be the hero. The real end battle could be Fake Rita vs. Margaret.

Definitely and it seems like a very "Ryan Murphy" gift for her after her exit from Pose.

by Anonymousreply 79October 17, 2019 4:24 AM

[quote]Part of my mind wonders if they'd go full tilt back into their own mythology and bring in a witch or a psychic.

We know Sarah Paulson won't be appearing this season so no psychic Billie Dean Howard. Unless we see a young Billie Dean Howard in 1984 played by a child or teen actress.

by Anonymousreply 80October 17, 2019 4:32 AM

R80, you just reminded me of something.

People were guessing that Lily Rabe is returning in episode 7, "The Lady in White" since she followed some of the cast members and her stunt double was apparently listed for the series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 17, 2019 4:43 AM

I know that Zach Villa was engaged to Evan Rachel Wood, but I cannot help but think that he's actually gay.

Right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 17, 2019 4:53 AM

Zach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 17, 2019 4:54 AM

Zach’s paparazzi photos read very gay.

But he’s sexy AF as Ramirez.

by Anonymousreply 84October 17, 2019 4:56 AM

Not that being gay isn’t sexy. But being flamboyant isn’t very sexy to me.

by Anonymousreply 85October 17, 2019 4:57 AM

Zach looks like a friend of mine.

Who is gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 17, 2019 4:58 AM

Evan Rachel Wood and Zach Villa could both be bisexual.

Who knows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 17, 2019 4:59 AM

Hasn’t Evan Rachel Wood identified as queer?

by Anonymousreply 88October 17, 2019 5:08 AM

That's probably why they broke off their engagement, R88.

Both gay.

by Anonymousreply 89October 17, 2019 5:11 AM

Yes, Evan Rachel Wood recently came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 17, 2019 5:19 AM

Next Wednesday is the 100th episode of American Horror Story.

Will there be any surprises?

by Anonymousreply 91October 17, 2019 6:00 AM

I know they showed Trevor being stabbed by Margaret, but did they show his corpse?

by Anonymousreply 92October 17, 2019 6:32 AM

R60, R61

AHS always weakens during the season; I guess this is when everything starts going downhill...

by Anonymousreply 93October 17, 2019 6:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 17, 2019 6:47 AM

Another Friday the 13th nod was to The Final Chapter when all the bodies are being collected.

by Anonymousreply 95October 17, 2019 12:28 PM

R91 Probably. They'll probably either tie 1984 to a previous season either with Murder House or Hotel Cortez connection through the ghosts.

The episode description on IMDB is

"With the horrors of the night behind them the survivors deal with the fallout of their choices."

I can see some scenario where "victim" Margaret ends up getting sued by some of the victims' families for not doing good hiring processes because she hired "psycho Brooke". Maybe, she loses all her money. Were those kinds of lawsuits even common in the 80s?

Or Margaret somehow ends up feeling guilty for the crime she committed and then Ramirez and Jingles track her down.

Donna is off hiding somewhere and feeling guilty over what she has done. She saw Ramirez being resurrected, but at this point she doesn't know about Jingles resurrection. I see her spying on Margaret and trying to figure out a way to take her out.

Brooke will be in jail or the mental hospital. She'll try to tell everyone that Jingles killed the other people and Montana was her only kill in self defense.

by Anonymousreply 96October 17, 2019 12:41 PM

For me, this is the worst season. Reading all of these "what if" theories and deep "questions" after the latest episode makes me laugh. As usual, the AHS storyline has become an unnecessarily convoluted mess and, as a result, snuffs out the scares. Yet, I keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 97October 17, 2019 1:11 PM

Still better than Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 98October 17, 2019 1:16 PM

Hotel is probably my third favorite season after Asylum and Murder House.

Cult was the worst IMO.

by Anonymousreply 99October 17, 2019 1:21 PM

The pacing is awful this season. We're getting the beginning, middle and the beginning of the end in the first half of the season.

by Anonymousreply 100October 17, 2019 3:06 PM

I think the show jumped the shark last night, everyone is dead now

by Anonymousreply 101October 17, 2019 3:39 PM

After seeing last night I just think ghosts? Again? I hope theres more to it than just that but I doubt it. I'm used to being disappointed by this shows "twists".

by Anonymousreply 102October 17, 2019 3:43 PM

I don't think them coming back as ghosts is meant to be a "twist" really. They used the hitchhiker character to remind the audience about ghosts and show they are coming.

by Anonymousreply 103October 17, 2019 3:46 PM

And right on target, Episode 5 begins the downhill slope...so disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 104October 17, 2019 3:53 PM

I just hate that "homage" is used as an acceptable excuse for the poor imaginations of second rate tv writers. I blame Quentin Foot-Lover Tarantino. Blegh.

Murder House was by far THE BEST season the Ryan Boring ever produced.

by Anonymousreply 105October 17, 2019 4:00 PM

Hotel was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 106October 17, 2019 4:17 PM

I think Hotel looked the best of all of them though.

by Anonymousreply 107October 17, 2019 4:53 PM

Exactly. Hotel was glamorous. Great sets, great fashion, great soundtrack. Denis O'Hare and Evan Peters played my favorite characters they've played on the show. It was also the sexiest season.

by Anonymousreply 108October 17, 2019 5:04 PM

[quote] Are you fucking insane? Have you not been paying attention to what's been going on here lately, you goddamned psycho? PEOPLE CAN'T POST ON THAT THREAD BECAUSE THERE IS A PAYWALL IN FORCE. PLE CAN'T POST ON THAT THREAD BECAUSE THERE IS A PAYWALL IN FORCE.

You can't afford $1.50 a month? Really? Best bargain on the net. Cheaper than a cup of coffee.

by Anonymousreply 109October 17, 2019 6:31 PM

Hotel was the most porn like season, but not sexy. I was never turned on while watching the mess that was Hotel.

And why would a murderer like Donovan end up in heaven? He was bad also. Because he had a bad relationship with his mom means he deserves heaven? Please.

Gaga was awful too.

by Anonymousreply 110October 17, 2019 6:47 PM

R110 It was campy, it had eye candy, and was even scary in some situations. The story and subplots were the simplest and easy to follow yet and the performances were fun. It was certainly better than all the shit that’s come after it (6 and on have been awful).

by Anonymousreply 111October 17, 2019 7:04 PM

Those AHS fan accounts are a joke run by attention-deprived stans. ("What do you think of my edit? Did you see the poster I made? Here's another edit! Love me!!!") They rush to announce unsubstantiated rumors so they can pretend to have connections to the show. Literally nothing those accounts have announced has been confirmed by anyone associated with the show or network. Nobody has confirmed Sarah Paulson won't appear in 1984. That's a rumor started by one of those accounts. I happen to the think she'll make an appearance either next week or the Halloween episode. I also don't think the season has been cut to 9 episodes. That's another rumor. The people running those accounts put that stuff out there to build their following. Their frequently wrong.

No Halloween episode will top Murder House's two-parter. I'd like to see the ghosts leave the grounds for Halloween and go back to kill Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 112October 17, 2019 7:19 PM

[quote] The AHS 1984 account has posted that the season was reduced to 9 episodes and the finale is on November 13th.

Thank goodness.

Put this shit out of its misery.

You can tell when a season has turned to shit, when the "powers that be" cut a 10 episode season, down to a 9 episode season. It's sucking. HARD.

by Anonymousreply 113October 17, 2019 7:22 PM

A few years ago there was a Twitter account that did nail everything about the upcoming season with behind the scenes photos and videos that didn't leak anywhere else.

That account however is long gone.

by Anonymousreply 114October 17, 2019 8:51 PM

Hotel was not scary. Hotel was not suspenseful. Hotel was not fun.

It was poor acting, poor writing and 100% shock value.

There’s a reason the following seasons toned down the violence and nudity.

by Anonymousreply 115October 17, 2019 9:44 PM

I loved Hotel; it's in my top 3 favorite seasons. A lot of people on this board don't like Gaga and have hate boners for Matt Bomer, hence the Hotel hate.

by Anonymousreply 116October 17, 2019 9:45 PM

[quote] Hotel was not scary. Hotel was not suspenseful. Hotel was not fun.

Bullshit.

I agree with R116. Hotel was a feast for the eyes.

Beautiful set decoration, beautiful people, and beautiful costumes. I absolutely loved it.

Of all the seasons (besides the first), it made the most sense.

by Anonymousreply 117October 17, 2019 9:54 PM

R116 Watch what you say, hate boners lead to hate fucking.

by Anonymousreply 118October 17, 2019 9:56 PM

Disagree. Hotel was shit.

The ratings dropped significantly that season. They lost so much viewership that the following season they had almost no nudity at all and less violence.

by Anonymousreply 119October 17, 2019 10:00 PM

The people here who hate Hotel for reasons like the campy acting and the nudity tells me they have really bad taste in AHS seasons. They’re the people that like dumpster fires like Cult.

R115 If you’re looking for a Ryan Murphy production with no nudity or violence, AHS isn’t for you. Might I suggest The Politician? Or Glee?

by Anonymousreply 120October 17, 2019 10:00 PM

Hotel was peak nonsense, the story going nowhere. We were closest to quitting during it. The next few seasons stayed more coherent through most of their duration, but still did Murphy nonsense at the end.

by Anonymousreply 121October 17, 2019 10:02 PM

AHS Hotel had the most style and ambience of any of the other seasons.

Not sure why you fools keep harping about how horrible it was, when it was clearly one of the most fashionable seasons of all.

The sets designs were fucking gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 17, 2019 10:04 PM

Hotel was also a classic ghost story.

They took a creepy hotel like "The Cortez," and build a season around it. And the story made sense, unlike so many other seasons.

It was the best since Murder House in season one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 17, 2019 10:06 PM

Hotel also had the best looking men of any other season of AHS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 17, 2019 10:07 PM

Gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 17, 2019 10:09 PM

The acting in Hotel was also above and beyond.

Evan Peters, in particular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 17, 2019 10:10 PM

Evan Peters was awful in Hotel. Lmao. He looked like a HS student trying hard.

by Anonymousreply 127October 17, 2019 10:11 PM

I loved Montana's batshit crazy scream when she got stabbed in the leg.

by Anonymousreply 128October 17, 2019 10:12 PM

Hotel had an Academy Award winning actress as the star and had no idea what to do with her. Other than a few performances like Denis O'Hare's, the season was a flop.

by Anonymousreply 129October 17, 2019 10:12 PM

Evan never looked more handsome, than in Hotel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 17, 2019 10:13 PM

Wow, so divided on Hotel, interesting.

by Anonymousreply 131October 17, 2019 10:13 PM

I wish that Wes Bentley came back again.

He is so fucking sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 17, 2019 10:13 PM

There is no Montana, only Zuul, R128.

by Anonymousreply 133October 17, 2019 10:13 PM

Gabourey Sidibe once said that being in scenes with Kathy Bates made her try and work harder to elevate her performance in Coven.

My problem with Hotel was that Gaga was outclassed by most of the cast members. If she wasn't just standing there and posing and had to speak she was laughable at times. Her scenes with Angela Bassett were ridiculous & I was surprised she didn't tear her head off and eat her on the set.

As for this season, I'm not the biggest Cody Fern fan, but I noticed the man really is acting his ass off within the confines of the character's world. During one particular scene when he was angry he spontaneously started crying actual tears no matter how campy what he was saying sounded like. This character really was upset.

by Anonymousreply 134October 17, 2019 10:14 PM

Wes Bentley is a fucking wet dream!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 17, 2019 10:14 PM

Oops I screwed up the post with Montana's batshit crazy scream after getting stabbed in the leg.

I find Billie Lourd to be quite creepy looking real life. But, she does well playing psychos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 17, 2019 10:16 PM

The divide isn’t that large on Hotel. All Over the internet it’s one of the more hated seasons, and considered the season that took the quality down big time.

Jessica Lange wanted more part when she read the script.

by Anonymousreply 137October 17, 2019 10:26 PM

[quote]So there is still 5 episodes left? Where the hell is this season going to go.

I had to check my program guide to see if this week's show was the finale, because it sure seemed that way. Like you, I can't imagine what more they can do with the storyline.

I was liking this season, but last night it seemed to jump the shark.

by Anonymousreply 138October 17, 2019 10:29 PM

[quote] All Over the internet it’s one of the more hated seasons, and considered the season that took the quality down big time

Link, please. Because I think you're full of it, and pulling "facts" out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 139October 17, 2019 10:31 PM

Gaga was atrocious in Hotel. She dragged that season down and the show has never recovered.

by Anonymousreply 140October 17, 2019 10:31 PM

Hotel was even hated while it was airing.

They lost more than half their viewers during it, and by the finale were barely getting 2 million viewers.

by Anonymousreply 141October 17, 2019 10:33 PM

I don’t get the hate for Gaga in Hotel tbh. I thought she was awful in season 6 and in A Star Is Born. In Hotel she was basically just playing herself, or rather the act she’s been doing since 2009, and it worked. She was fun. Aside from Lange and Bates and Basset (all of whom were already Oscar winners before even joining AHS), AHS isn’t really well known for acting. Nor is it supposed to be. Since Season One it’s marketed itself based on camp, gore, and nudity. The problem is that you guys are looking for oranges in an apple orchard and getting pissed that you’re only finding apples. If you want auteur TV, maybe don’t start with Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 142October 17, 2019 10:45 PM

[quote] Aside from Lange and Bates and Basset

As you said the leads that actually carried the show were all academy award winners and were recognized as great actors.

[quote]AHS isn’t really well known for acting. Nor is it supposed to be

The show was known for actually being a horror series AND its acting in the first couple of seasons.

It didn't go proper camp until Coven and then it went full on camp with Freakshow and stayed that way thereafter.

Season one reflected on the aftermath of a school shooting. Every cast member in Season 2 played the hell out of their roles from Lily Rabe to Zachary Quinto. Lana Winters being repeatedly raped and tortured (partially because of gay conversion) was not played for laughs in the least. It required someone who could actually act.

They don't do those kinds of "stories" anymore and they sure as hell didn't in Hotel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 17, 2019 11:06 PM

R134 Fern is the highlight of the season for me. He hasn't done an ounce of promotion for 1984, which leads me to believe he's very dissatisfied with the filming experience this season. Kudos to him for giving it 100% when the rest of the main cast looks like they have no idea what's going on from scene to scene.

by Anonymousreply 144October 17, 2019 11:41 PM

[quote]I don’t get the hate for Gaga in Hotel tbh. I thought she was awful in season 6 and in A Star Is Born.

I thought she was awful in Hotel and acquitted herself relatively well in A Star is Born.

And I don't see anything special about Fern this season.

by Anonymousreply 145October 17, 2019 11:51 PM

I knew this season would suck.

It's a bunch of amateur actors, with no depth.

We already knew that the writing would be bad, based on the past few seasons. However, I was willing to give the new cast a shot, especially being that none of them are particularly famous.

Unfortunately, they flopped.

by Anonymousreply 146October 17, 2019 11:52 PM

[quote]The show was known for actually being a horror series AND its acting in the first couple of seasons.

Exactly. That's why it won Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 147October 18, 2019 3:28 AM

For the children who don't get the Zuul reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 18, 2019 3:45 AM

R147 Hotel was their first season to be shunned in the acting categories etc.

by Anonymousreply 149October 18, 2019 3:48 AM

r149....both Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson were nominated for Emmys for Hotel. Season six, both Paulson and Adina Porter were nominated for Roanoke. Cult was the first season with no acting nominations.

by Anonymousreply 150October 18, 2019 4:00 AM

Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates were nominated for Hotel.

The only season that scored zero acting nominations was Roanoke. Though Apocalypse basically didn't, just the guest actor for the Lange appearance.

by Anonymousreply 151October 18, 2019 4:07 AM

Paulson and Porter were nominated for Cult, not Roanoke r150.

by Anonymousreply 152October 18, 2019 4:10 AM

by Anonymousreply 153October 18, 2019 4:57 AM

The thing about this season is that it is intentionally bad. I don't think its meant to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 154October 18, 2019 5:04 AM

Can you bitches focus on how awful THIS season is? Jeebus! Enough with the drawn-out bitching about past seasons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 18, 2019 5:06 AM

Inevitably, the conversation always drifts to past seasons, mostly because the current season sucks.

People always look back to the glory days of AHS. When the show was actually worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 156October 18, 2019 5:14 AM

You can't properly address the failure of this season without looking at the downward spiral of the previous seasons that lead us here.

by Anonymousreply 157October 18, 2019 5:54 AM

AHS Roanoke really was the bottom of the barrel.

I didn't even finish watching the season, because it sucked so badly.

That's when I knew it was pretty much over for AHS.

I actually liked Apocalypse, but seeing the lackluster cast of this season, I knew it wasn't going to be good.

by Anonymousreply 158October 18, 2019 6:03 AM

I adore Angela Bassett, but she has never won an Academy Award. She did receive a Best Actress nomination for "What's Love Got to Do With It" (1993). She played legendary singer Tina Turner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 18, 2019 6:24 AM

You're right R159. She was nominated but didn't win. It went to Holly Hunter for The Piano.

She did win the Golden Globe for What's Love Got to Do with It? And she got Emmy nominations for Coven and Freak Show.

by Anonymousreply 160October 18, 2019 6:32 AM

R134 which scene specifically? When he was about to start a fire from the burning car and got knocked out by Margaret (when he screamed about the heat of a 1000 suns)?

by Anonymousreply 161October 18, 2019 6:38 AM

Jesus, every frame of every episode of every season of "American Horror Story" was awful but I sure as shit have watched every second of it.

by Anonymousreply 162October 18, 2019 9:38 AM

Asylum is my favorite season.

by Anonymousreply 163October 18, 2019 11:56 AM

[quote] We're getting the beginning, middle and the beginning of the end in the first half of the season.

How do you know this for sure until you've seen the entire season?

by Anonymousreply 164October 18, 2019 12:58 PM

Agree with R158 about the turd that was Roanoke. I still don't know how or why I made it through that season. The twist was interesting but Roanoke went off the rails very quickly. I don't get all the hate for Hotel. It was better than every season that came after it (including this clunker called 1984).

by Anonymousreply 165October 18, 2019 1:16 PM

Hate-watching is fun!

by Anonymousreply 166October 18, 2019 2:34 PM

The lack of production budget is painfully obvious. Christ, they all spent 4 episodes wearing the same outfits. And now cutting the season down to 9? You can tell this season was an obligation.

by Anonymousreply 167October 19, 2019 2:34 AM

There were at least two victims this season with their intestines hanging out. That may have cost money. Murphy must have really liked how Leslie Jordan looked when he was dramatically disemboweled in Roanoke.

by Anonymousreply 168October 19, 2019 2:51 AM

Dylan McDermott is coming back...I wonder if anyone else is.

by Anonymousreply 169October 19, 2019 3:06 AM

R115 Murder House wasn't scary. Ooh, everyone's a GHOST! I'm terrified!

I still enjoyed the season, but it was campy not scary.

by Anonymousreply 170October 19, 2019 4:44 AM

And how do ghosts kill people? Ghosts are not solid beings (cuz you know they're ghosts), but Ryan Murphy decided ghosts in his show are solid beings who you can have sex with, and they can kill you with instruments they actually pick up in their ghost hands....

Pathetically stupid.

by Anonymousreply 171October 19, 2019 4:47 AM

Eh, any supernatural thing exists the way you define it exists. It's not a real thing, you just have to be internally consistent. AHS decided how their ghosts work in the very first season of the show, and they have been consistent about that.

I love complaining about this show, but I'll defend it on that point r171.

by Anonymousreply 172October 19, 2019 4:55 AM

R171 Any supernatural thing exists the way you define it exists? Pulled that out of your ass didn't you. Where's that rule? Is it written down somewhere after it was passed into law? Pathetic

That's my point, from the very first season Murphy decided to change the mythology of ghosts. And has continued through several seasons including this current season.

Pathetically stupid

by Anonymousreply 173October 19, 2019 5:00 AM

the above was for R172

by Anonymousreply 174October 19, 2019 5:04 AM

R174 you're seriously whining about this? Until theres hard evidence ghosts aren't real so who fucking cares how they are portrayed?

by Anonymousreply 175October 19, 2019 5:11 AM

And ghosts have been capable of physical powers ever since sounds and things bumping in the night that people couldn’t explain.

If anything bad happens that people can’t explain, people have been attributing it to ghosts or demons since time immemorial.

by Anonymousreply 176October 19, 2019 5:23 AM

This is a fictional show that builds its own world but R172 and R173 are partially both right. He did make up a mythology for ghosts but then he has gone back on some things. However, you're never too sure if it's "bad writing" or the characters were previously wrong.

One character told us that ghosts can't hurt people unless it's Halloween. However, we learned they totally can. There was the whole "Croatoan" thing where the word could be used to banish ghosts and that ghosts could be told to "go away" and it would work. However, they went back on both those things. We're told ghosts are stuck in certain spots forever but the maid from Murder House eventually was able to free herself. Heck, even their whole concept of Heaven and Hell is a bit confusing. Madison dies and she says there's nothing on the other side. (The second time she dies she clearly goes to hell.) However, Donovan from Coven gets to go to Heaven even though he killed people. He confirms he's living in his favorite day ever for all eternity. Elsa also got to go to heaven. So what made Madison worse than either of them both times?

R167, that ties in with what the media reports from someone at FX said months ago: they didn't have money to bring the old names back.

R169, I saw the new on set pictures leaked from the show and now I have no clue what's going on but Dylan was in them with Emma and Angela. However, they're almost done with the series.

by Anonymousreply 177October 19, 2019 5:59 AM

r177 What do you think the favorite cereal Richard Ramirez's was?

by Anonymousreply 178October 19, 2019 6:15 AM

[R177] The maid from Murder House did not free herself. Madison and Behold dug up her bones and moved them to where she wanted to be.

by Anonymousreply 179October 19, 2019 2:49 PM

Ryan is ignoring the 2 shows he has left on FX, AHS and Pose. Their latest seasons seemed like afterthoughts. Ryan only showed interest in Pose after it got all those Emmy nominations, because he loves awards and attention.

He needs to cancel AHS outright. I could see him developing another horror series for Netflix, but scarier and with more nudity.

I think Pose will get another two seasons before it's cancelled, just because of the Emmys noms and wins.

by Anonymousreply 180October 19, 2019 4:37 PM

As much as I liked POSE, it should have ended after this past season. The last episode felt like it wrapped up everyone's stories and I was satisfied with that. Honestly, I have no interest in the two street urchins that Blanca is taking in.

by Anonymousreply 181October 19, 2019 4:42 PM

I recall the UK version of the show Being Human presenting ghosts being able to pick things, be solid, and appear as "alive" similar to how AHS presents ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 182October 19, 2019 5:12 PM

And I don't mind if they change ghost rules for every season. It's an anthology series of mostly different universes, like the Twilight Zone.

I guess if they're mixing characters from different seasons, it's more problematic.

by Anonymousreply 183October 19, 2019 6:18 PM

Yeah AHS isn't a real anthology anymore they have made it clear that every season takes place in the same world and now crossovers between seasons are a staple.

by Anonymousreply 184October 19, 2019 6:20 PM

R179, that's right. Constance told them to move her bones and Moira thanked them for doing it. That just ties into the point of the post. That's not supposed to work but they suddenly decided it did. Although all of it was undone anyway by the end of Apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 185October 19, 2019 6:36 PM

AHS treats ghosts, like so many other things (magic, demons) as warpings of reality. The ghost isn't just a static image unable to interact with anything but the fringes of your senses, but is instead able to be *up to* as impactful on your physical environment as anything else. The ghosts are still 'just' reflections of your living spirit, but they're very very convincing ones and are effectively entities themselves, even if arguably not people anymore.

The ghost treatment changes regularly though. The murder house worked different from the coven (witches can free and trap spirits), worked different from the hellish hotel, worked different from the magically enslaved folk in roanoke, and so on.

In this case, they're playing up a purgatory theme, so perhaps we'll see that if ghosts in a death tainted land work for it, maybe some can be redeemed without exceptional outside help (mediums, witches). Canonically, maybe it didn't happen in the murder house because generally the ghosts ended up either preferring staying there (in some weird communion) or assumed they were trapped, and it didn't happen in the hotel cortez because that place is an even more overt hellmouth that draws all into its depravity. Camp Redwood might have an element of redemption above all of its slashery gore. We might find that a majority of victims there were brought to better afterlife, while others have either been chained down or have to work it off.

Or whatever, its all a Madison movie set and she's just making movies and working off of her magical knowledge to make it more 'authentic'. Ok.

by Anonymousreply 186October 19, 2019 6:36 PM

Who gives a fuck about ghost rules?

This is the problem with you guys, and it’s the same reason you hate seasons that are at their worst fun and at their best well made. You expect A+ writing from a goddamn Ryan Murphy show. AHS is about violence, nudity, and tone. That’s what it’s always been, and what it has always excelled at. Until this shitty season, at least. Every season has been ridiculous when you think about it (even the best ones like Murder House and Asylum). Stop getting upset about shit sandwiches not tasting gourmet and just appreciate it for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 187October 19, 2019 7:13 PM

R74 LOL. It didn't get cut for the writing pace, it got cut because this season has (deservingly) BAD ratings and aint no network got time for dat...

by Anonymousreply 188October 19, 2019 8:14 PM

The season did not get cut to 9 episodes. It's still 10. IMDB confirmed it was 10 episodes. Stop listening to the unhinged stans that run those stupid fan accounts. Other than Dylan McDermott appearing in ep 8 - which was confirmed through leaked set photos - nothing those accounts have announced has been confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 189October 19, 2019 8:23 PM

Ghost rules may be different from place to place and character to character all within the same universe.

Maybe something about a particular, character, location, grudge or manner of death changes what people or ghosts can do. Montana is calling this "purgatory," and I don't believe that's a location explored by AHS before.

by Anonymousreply 190October 19, 2019 8:24 PM

R189 It was confirmed. TV Guide even did a story on it yesterday. 1984 will only have 9 episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 19, 2019 8:28 PM

This is how this season should end. Brooke got knocked up by Ghost Ray and her baby was placed in foster care and is total psycho. Flash forward to 1999, cunt Margaret is involved in some kind of weird Y2K cult where she plans to off the people for their money. Instead the psycho half ghost child tracks her down and murders her.

by Anonymousreply 192October 19, 2019 10:11 PM

The shortening of the season speaks to how awful and lack luster this cast is. Next season will likely (and rightfully) be its last season. I think it only went on as long as it did to reach 100 episodes. And you can bet Murphy will bring back the Coven witches for the final season to tie up the Anti-Christ/ Apocalypse storyline they started at the end of last season.

by Anonymousreply 193October 19, 2019 10:12 PM

Good. 1984 is garbage and needs to die gracefully (the whole show is way past it's prime and should die, actually). Too bad they didn't shorten it to 5 eps...

by Anonymousreply 194October 19, 2019 10:17 PM

Season 10 should be the last. Ryan still makes a good quality show with FX in American Crime Story. But that's it. Makes sense his shows on FX have decreased in quality with him focusing on Netflix instead.

by Anonymousreply 195October 19, 2019 10:22 PM

R195, I love his Hollywood-focused shows like Feud and Fosse Verdon. I’d love more of those.

by Anonymousreply 196October 19, 2019 10:24 PM

R196 Fosse Verdon isnt a Murphy production and Feud is apparently dead according to an FX exec. He has a show literally called Hollywood set in the 40s coming out in May. Could be good.

by Anonymousreply 197October 19, 2019 10:26 PM

R196, he did Ratched earlier this year. As R197 mentioned he has Hollywood to do. He starts Broadway adaptation, "The Prom" soon. He announced plans to do a "mini-series" adaptation of Broadway's "A Chorus Line" next year. He shot a movie adaptation of "The Boys in The Band" earlier this year which won't be out until October 2020. He has a Marlene Dietrich and Halston project in pre-production for Netflix and of course "American Crime Story: Impeachment." Add in Pose, 911 and the new 911 spinoff and he's clearly long left AHS in the dust.

by Anonymousreply 198October 19, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote]It was confirmed. TV Guide even did a story on it yesterday. 1984 will only have 9 episodes.

It all takes place in a night and the day after, there is no need to stretch it to 12 episodes.

[quote]Ryan is ignoring the 2 shows he has left on FX, AHS and Pose. Their latest seasons seemed like afterthoughts. Ryan only showed interest in Pose after it got all those Emmy nominations, because he loves awards and attention. He needs to cancel AHS outright.

Yeah, Ryan Murphy needs your career advice.

by Anonymousreply 199October 19, 2019 11:02 PM

Didn't Murphy give more control of American Crime Story to Tom Rob Smith after the OJ season?

by Anonymousreply 200October 19, 2019 11:20 PM

Ryan Murphy produces and directs American Crime Story, but he wasn't a writer for it for either season.

by Anonymousreply 201October 19, 2019 11:22 PM

R200 Smith wrote the entire season and might have been a producer but I thought Murphy was still the main producer/showrunner.

by Anonymousreply 202October 20, 2019 12:02 AM

Sounds like Ryan Murphy has ADHD. Maybe he needs adderall.

What he SHOULD be doing, is focusing on one project at a time, and trying to make it the best possible show that he can make it.

Instead, he's taking on 10 different things at once, and they're all CRAP.

Sounds like he's just interested in the attention, rather than putting out a quality product. All I know is that it's tarnishing his "brand."

by Anonymousreply 203October 20, 2019 1:09 AM

[quote]Maybe it's not really purgatory and most are either ghosts or demonic resurrections. Maybe getting revenge and killing Margaret will finally set them all free to go to the afterlife while Margaret is dammed to hell, in contrast to her devout, Christian certainty.

[quote]Margaret frying in hell despite her faith would be campy as fuck and hilarious in the right hands.

Knowing how RM shows go, I'm thinking Ramirez and Jingles capture Margaret and they torture and kill her as a some kind of dumb satanic ritual. I can see delusional Margaret saying that she will be a Christian martyr once she dies. Then after her death she finds herself in Hell and her personal Hell is Camp Redwood surrounded by her demonic versions of her bullies.

I can see Ray being somehow freed from the camp if he expresses remorse over killing that frat pledge and the other things he has done. Montana and Xavier probably will be stuck there if they don't stop killing or express remorse for their crimes. Then again, I can see RM and the writing staff having Montana express remorse for her crimes and then she goes to Heaven is reunited with her brother. If Trevor and Chet come back as ghosts, I think one of them will be a good ghost like Ray.

by Anonymousreply 204October 20, 2019 2:01 AM

[quote]Maybe it's not really purgatory and most are either ghosts or demonic resurrections. Maybe getting revenge and killing Margaret will finally set them all free to go to the afterlife while Margaret is dammed to hell, in contrast to her devout, Christian certainty.

[quote]Margaret frying in hell despite her faith would be campy as fuck and hilarious in the right hands.

Knowing how RM shows go, I'm thinking Ramirez and Jingles capture Margaret and they torture and kill her as a some kind of dumb satanic ritual. I can see delusional Margaret saying that she will be a Christian martyr once she dies. Then after her death she finds herself in Hell and her personal Hell is Camp Redwood surrounded by her demonic versions of her bullies.

I can see Ray being somehow freed from the camp if he expresses remorse over killing that frat pledge and the other things he has done. Montana and Xavier probably will be stuck there if they don't stop killing or express remorse for their crimes. Then again, I can see RM and the writing staff having Montana express remorse for her crimes and then she goes to Heaven is reunited with her brother. If Trevor and Chet come back as ghosts, I think one of them will be a good ghost like Ray.

by Anonymousreply 205October 20, 2019 2:01 AM

[quote] IMDB confirmed it was 10 episodes.

IMDB is the same as Wikipedia, idiot. Anyone can edit, and it’s been confirmed as only being 9 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 206October 20, 2019 2:17 AM

[quote]He shot a movie adaptation of "The Boys in The Band" earlier this year which won't be out until October 2020.

Why the hell is he waiting another year to release Boys in the Band? It finished shooting months ago. Is anybody even going to care about it a year from now?

I saw where Kerry Washington just joined the cast of The Prom. The cast for that musical is insane. He better deliver with that cast.

I agree that next season of AHS should be the last. It's been a chore to get through the whole season ever since Hotel. When you're down to Emma Roberts, Billie Lord and Gus Kenworthy, it's time to pull the plug.

by Anonymousreply 207October 20, 2019 2:25 AM

There is no official release date yet. Ryan Murphy produced but Joe Mantello directed.

by Anonymousreply 208October 20, 2019 5:12 AM

"Ratched" finished earlier than Boys in the Band and it isn't coming out for a while.

The decision of when things are released are made by Neflix and their own schedule.

by Anonymousreply 209October 20, 2019 7:24 AM

[quote]There is no official release date yet. Ryan Murphy produced but Joe Mantello directed.

R208, The last article/interview written about Ryan Murphy put Boys in the Band down as October 2020. Yes, all the way in October.

As R209 said, Netflix has their own schedule and they release things when they think best.

by Anonymousreply 210October 20, 2019 12:28 PM

[quote]The last article/interview written about Ryan Murphy put Boys in the Band down as October 2020. Yes, all the way in October.

October 2020 is not an official release date.

by Anonymousreply 211October 20, 2019 1:16 PM

And all of that was already said, r204.

Get your own ideas.

by Anonymousreply 212October 20, 2019 4:26 PM

Is a horror show horrifying if nobody can die?

by Anonymousreply 213October 20, 2019 4:29 PM

I said it before and I’ll say it again. Murphy doesn’t know how to do horror.

by Anonymousreply 214October 20, 2019 4:36 PM

I guess we can say that this season is officially a flop.

And it's not even half over.

by Anonymousreply 215October 20, 2019 6:08 PM

It is half over theres been 5 episodes and only 4 left.

by Anonymousreply 216October 20, 2019 6:13 PM

R199 Hi Ryan!

by Anonymousreply 217October 20, 2019 6:30 PM

R199 Hi Ryan!

by Anonymousreply 218October 20, 2019 6:32 PM

AHS: DL!

A dozen internet trolls are virtually trapped in an endless thread about Ryan Murphy shows!

by Anonymousreply 219October 20, 2019 7:11 PM

I’m always having to explain to people that I call myself a huge AHS fan, but that doesn’t mean I think the show is any good. It’s fun, and perpetually off-the-rails, and there are some fierce characters and some eye candy and that’s all I expect from it. Thinking any harder about this show is a waste of energy.

I’m dying to know why Cody Fern has been so quiet about this season. If he’s disappointed that his character is so shallow, compared to those he’s done before... that just signals to me that his expectations were waaaay off.

by Anonymousreply 220October 21, 2019 11:38 PM

When Cody Fern didn't promote the season premiere, I knew something was up. I can't believe he hasn't posted ANYTHING all season. Even in pics with other cast members, he looks miserable. I'm sure he wasn't thrilled about going from the principal lead to some shallow supporting character. I truly hope his eyes have been opened regarding Murphy's loyalties and short attention span.

by Anonymousreply 221October 21, 2019 11:44 PM

[quote]When Cody Fern didn't promote the season premiere, I knew something was up. I can't believe he hasn't posted ANYTHING all season.

It's good to see that there is still some shame left in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 222October 22, 2019 3:25 AM

Forget him, what about the other characters? Are they promoting this too? Or are they too ashamed?

by Anonymousreply 223October 22, 2019 3:35 AM

What's DeRon's story?

by Anonymousreply 224October 22, 2019 3:54 AM

They've all been posting BTS/Promo stuff. Fern is the only one who hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 225October 22, 2019 10:52 AM

Fern has "liked" a few fans' Xavier-related posts on IG, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 226October 22, 2019 3:34 PM

[quote]I truly hope his eyes have been opened regarding Murphy's loyalties and short attention span.

I truly hope he's grateful to be on any T.V. show at all. 99% of actors never get that. And not even Murphy can supply him with continuous leading roles. Nobody gets that!

Even famous actors who've been on hit shows are out-of-work most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 227October 22, 2019 4:44 PM

And he is not that good either.

by Anonymousreply 228October 22, 2019 4:59 PM

R228 That’s an understatement.

by Anonymousreply 229October 22, 2019 8:31 PM

I'm enjoying Fern's performance this season. Xavier is one of my favorite characters, along with Montana and Trevor.

by Anonymousreply 230October 22, 2019 8:40 PM

I've stopped watching this shit show.

It's boring as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 231October 22, 2019 8:41 PM

And yet, here you are.

by Anonymousreply 232October 22, 2019 9:03 PM

Ryan Murphy wishes he was the poor man's Norman Lear.

by Anonymousreply 233October 22, 2019 9:04 PM

I don't blame Cody Fern for being embarassed by this season.

He should be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 22, 2019 9:07 PM

So in DL world if an actor is not tweeting about his show 24 hours a day they must hate it, or embarrassed by it instead of maybe living their life, working, vactioning?

by Anonymousreply 235October 22, 2019 9:19 PM

Suck it haters.....ratings are good....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236October 22, 2019 10:03 PM

Billie Lourd and Cody are entertaining this season as is DeRon Horton (Ray).

But the best part is Angelica Ross, who truly deserves better.

They killed her off on Pose and gave her this? Murphy owes her big time. But I'm sure she will get a great role on another series (Hopefully not another Murphy show) or film.

by Anonymousreply 237October 22, 2019 11:19 PM

It's literally part of their job to promote the show. Interviews, press junkets, social media - in many cases they are contractually obligated to do all of it. At the very least, his complete radio silence is odd, especially if you compare it to last season when he was posting at least once a week. He's made his disdain for his HOC experience widely known and did the very same thing by never once discussing the show or promoting it on social media.

Nobody - not one person - has commented that Fern hasn't been posting 24/7. What's been said - and it's 100% accurate - is that he hasn't posted at all, not once, not even a stupid BTS shot. It's totally suggests he's unhappy with the season or with his role.

by Anonymousreply 238October 23, 2019 12:22 AM

R235 In DL world, speculating about the actions of hot gay actors is a cherished pastime.

I would guess it’s either something he doesn’t like about the show or some sorta ultra-shady thing that has happened with an AHS fan. Like when he was extorted. That made him wanna just back the fuck out of the fandom completely.

by Anonymousreply 239October 23, 2019 1:02 AM

im so glad that whore kenworthys butterface self is dead. his atrocious acting was distracting from an already awful season. most shameless stunt casting in the history of ryan Murphy and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 240October 23, 2019 1:18 AM

More DeRon

by Anonymousreply 241October 23, 2019 1:37 AM

I keep thinking there has to be some connection to Murder House and Hotel. It's all Los Angeles, and it's all the same mythology. There's something about the land? Or maybe it's just lazy writing.

by Anonymousreply 242October 23, 2019 2:34 AM

[quote]It's literally part of their job to promote the show. Interviews, press junkets, social media - in many cases they are contractually obligated to do all of it.

Up until, opening day, premiere day, streaming day. Once the project is out there, no one has any obligation to do it.

by Anonymousreply 243October 23, 2019 11:29 AM

Is it over yet?

by Anonymousreply 244October 23, 2019 2:38 PM

Kenworthy's character wasn't SEEN dead. He just sank; a perfect gotcha grab later on pond-side.

by Anonymousreply 245October 23, 2019 10:00 PM

Gus should have been the first one killed off, because he is by far the worst actor of all of them.

by Anonymousreply 246October 23, 2019 10:09 PM

But he purdy!

by Anonymousreply 247October 23, 2019 10:10 PM

Fern posted this on his IG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 23, 2019 10:10 PM

R248 different clothes. Maybe Chet is back as a ghost?

by Anonymousreply 249October 23, 2019 10:12 PM

Haha R248.

He must have been reading this thread, and got nervous that he would be called out on it.

That, or he was worried about not being asked back next season.

I think it proves he's a Datalounger, or knows a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 250October 23, 2019 10:14 PM

One of his friends posted on Twitter that he occasionally trolls DL.

by Anonymousreply 251October 23, 2019 10:17 PM

[quote]Gus should have been the first one killed off, because he is by far the worst actor of all of them.

Honey it ain't "Carrie" with their Oscar and Golden Globe nominations. It's a silly horror movie/send up and acting has nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 252October 23, 2019 10:19 PM

I see that Xavier is the character with a bulge in his shorts these days.

by Anonymousreply 253October 23, 2019 10:44 PM

If you are impressed by that "bulge", I don't know what to say.

by Anonymousreply 254October 23, 2019 10:49 PM

Cody's a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 255October 23, 2019 10:52 PM

We've had this discussion, R255. There's no way Eric Smith is a top.

by Anonymousreply 256October 23, 2019 10:59 PM

Why not, R256?

Chasten's the top, and Mayor Pete's the bottom.

Anything is possible.

by Anonymousreply 257October 23, 2019 11:04 PM

As entertained as I am by the notion he reads DL, I think folks all over the internet have been murmuring enough lately that Cody probably felt he had to post *something.* Ryan Murphy didn’t mention him in his “favorite episodes” article in EW and everyone has been like, “That’s it, he and Ryan hate each other.” This diffuses that rumor, at least a little.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 23, 2019 11:08 PM

Murphy is writing a mini-series for BILLIE LOURD??

Look, it is absolutely tragic that she lost her mom and grandmother a couple days apart, but she is all of 25 or 26 years old, a multi-millionaire because her mother was Princess Leia, and has had a career served up to her on a silver platter. How much easier can her life get?

Three months of night shoots and they only have 5 episodes shot? They must write those scripts days before the episode is shot.

by Anonymousreply 259October 23, 2019 11:28 PM

[quote] she is all of 25 or 26 years old, a multi-millionaire because her mother was Princess Leia, and has had a career served up to her on a silver platter. How much easier can her life get?

Her father's pretty famous too, no?

by Anonymousreply 260October 23, 2019 11:30 PM

Yes, R260. Bryan Lourd is a very high powered agent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261October 23, 2019 11:33 PM

Princess Leia Jr. can barely act. Plus she looks and sounds perpetually stoned. Wouldn't be surprised if she picked up her mother's drug habit.

by Anonymousreply 262October 23, 2019 11:37 PM

I'm also not surprised Murphy made no mention of Angela Bassett. Ugh. This article makes me hate him. He's a suck up that uses his position to become friends with famous people and men he wants to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 263October 23, 2019 11:39 PM

None of them can die, r240.

What is buttery about Gus' face? He's handsome.

by Anonymousreply 264October 23, 2019 11:42 PM

I will never understand why people on here are into Fern. He’s got the facial makeup of a rodent and the acting talent of a guest actor on a later season of All My Children. He’s got no redeeming qualities besides not openly being an asshole (although how openly and ruthlessly he trashed Spacey during that interview about his HOC season begs to differ).

The stans can keep trying to convince me he’s the new It boy, but the fact that he doesn’t get jobs outside Murphy and his afterthought role on the worst and final season of House Of Cards speaks louder than them.

by Anonymousreply 265October 23, 2019 11:46 PM

You know that Cody visits Datalounge, don't you R265?

Jeez, you could stand to be a little bit nicer.

by Anonymousreply 266October 23, 2019 11:50 PM

Ryan Murphy's favorite season is CULT?!

Nope, I'll be on the side with Lange and Paulson. Asylum is the strongest season of this series.

[Quote]Yes, Bryan Lourd is a very high powered agent.

We are missing a crucial component. Bryan Lourd is Ryan Murphy's agent!

by Anonymousreply 267October 23, 2019 11:59 PM

Seriously, R267?

Well now it all makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 268October 24, 2019 12:00 AM

DLers who don't want to fuck Fern love to hate him. Shit, a lot of DLers who DO want to fuck Fern love to hate him.

I find him very likable and watchable. He does have talent, and will only improve. I don't get the hate.

by Anonymousreply 269October 24, 2019 12:01 AM

Fern's role on HOC was far more significant before the Spacey accusations surfaced and the entire season had to be re-written. I'd like to praise Fern for his refusal to kiss the ass of sexual predators, but his hatred of Spacey has more to do with his HOC character being ruined than anything else.

I like Fern. I don't think he's going to be nominated for an Oscar anytime soon, but he's talented. I'd like to see him do more than cry on cue, though. That seems to be his go-to reaction in any scene that involves conflict.

by Anonymousreply 270October 24, 2019 12:08 AM

[quote]Gus should have been the first one killed off, because he is by far the worst actor of all of them.

He'd probably be pretty happy to know that you considered him to be an "actor". I wouldn't make that kind of stretch.

by Anonymousreply 271October 24, 2019 12:21 AM

I like Gus a lot more than Cody. Cody seems like a pretentious prick. At least Gus knows what he is: a big, dumb, adorable golden retriever. He’s got charisma whereas Cody comes off as wooden at his best.

by Anonymousreply 272October 24, 2019 12:32 AM

Gus as himself has charisma, as an actor, he is definitely wooden.

by Anonymousreply 273October 24, 2019 12:41 AM

Richard Ramirez is a chubby chaser?

Why would these two shack up for a year?

by Anonymousreply 274October 24, 2019 2:04 AM

Is there a movie making technical term for when music is being played in a scene and it’s what the characters hear rather than when there’s music playing and it’s part of the score or soundtrack?

by Anonymousreply 275October 24, 2019 2:05 AM

Leslie Jordan is in tonights episode.

by Anonymousreply 276October 24, 2019 2:12 AM

Finally the ghosts of the 1970 victims show up.

by Anonymousreply 277October 24, 2019 2:14 AM

Margaret owns Briarcliffe !.....and shes married to Trevor !

by Anonymousreply 278October 24, 2019 2:16 AM

Watch out, guys! AHS just got 100% sexier! GingeTASTIC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 24, 2019 2:16 AM

Trevor is alive wtf

by Anonymousreply 280October 24, 2019 2:16 AM

Practical music, sound effect.

by Anonymousreply 281October 24, 2019 2:17 AM

Is Margaret channeling Ivana ?

by Anonymousreply 282October 24, 2019 2:18 AM

It's good to see Leslie Jordan employed again.

by Anonymousreply 283October 24, 2019 2:20 AM

AHS doing a Patsy Stone reference with Margaret, in case you're clueless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284October 24, 2019 2:21 AM

Campy Leslie Jordan cameo because Ryan Murphy = gay affirmative action.

FWIW: Leslie Jordan was in FRIDAY THE 13TH: PART 9: JASON GOES TO HELL!

by Anonymousreply 285October 24, 2019 2:25 AM

No, I really think it’s Ivana R284, AbFab doesn’t start until ‘92.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286October 24, 2019 2:26 AM

Since she collects "dubious" properties...like Briarcliffe, Im surprised she doesnt own Murder House and Hotel Cortez, and the Mott house from Roanoke also. that would have tied four seasons together.

by Anonymousreply 287October 24, 2019 2:27 AM

It could be both, r286. Neither Patsy nor Ivana own that hairdo.

But Patsy Stone is likely to be the spirit animal of anyone working on a Ryan Murphy show -- ESPECIALLY the hairdressers.

by Anonymousreply 288October 24, 2019 2:33 AM

R287 Would they have happened yet?

by Anonymousreply 289October 24, 2019 2:33 AM

It wouldn't matter when ABFAB started -- the hairstyle started before '92.

by Anonymousreply 290October 24, 2019 2:34 AM

R289 The murder house was probably owned by Constance around 1989.

by Anonymousreply 291October 24, 2019 2:35 AM

People think its morbid we making money off serial killers.

Well murder always sells!

Ryan Murphy's commentary to people upset he is using Richard Ramirez as a character.

by Anonymousreply 292October 24, 2019 2:36 AM

Was Dedee Pfeiffer Jingles' wife in this ep? It looked like her.

by Anonymousreply 293October 24, 2019 2:37 AM

How could both Jingles and Margaret go free?

Jingles would be in trouble for escaping his prison sentence. If the people he murdered reincarnated and he appealed to legal authorities because Margaret confessed, those authorities would need to put Margaret in jail.

Unless Jingles is on the lam, but living a comfortable, suburban life and not hiding at all.

Does everybody in the show think it's purgatory? The society in this show isn't acting like real people OR souls in purgatory.

Maybe the ghosts can't be seen by the society, and purgatory is a spirit realm about the real world?

by Anonymousreply 294October 24, 2019 2:40 AM

The society is prosecuting Emma Roberts, so Jingles must be on the lam or invisible.

by Anonymousreply 295October 24, 2019 2:45 AM

How Soon is Now is playing, I know it’s from Charmed, but does it means the witches are coming?

by Anonymousreply 296October 24, 2019 2:56 AM

Ok, that was a good ending of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 297October 24, 2019 2:57 AM

No, it's convoluted, cheap twisting for the sake of twisting.

Everything that happens is meaningless and upended. It means this show doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 298October 24, 2019 3:00 AM

Based on that promo, I hope Rita doesn't die.

by Anonymousreply 299October 24, 2019 3:01 AM

People really were hoping they had something special planned for the 100th episode, but it was just a normal episode.

by Anonymousreply 300October 24, 2019 3:01 AM

[quote] Was Dedee Pfeiffer Jingles' wife in this ep? It looked like her.

Who?

Oh, right! I have a sister! And yes, she's also an actress!

by Anonymousreply 301October 24, 2019 3:03 AM

R300 I saw tons of posts hyping it up but I knew it wouldn't be a "special" episode.

by Anonymousreply 302October 24, 2019 3:04 AM

Ivana did not wear her hair piled up in 1984.

by Anonymousreply 303October 24, 2019 3:04 AM

Also I see why they cut it to 9, it's hard to see how there are still 3 eps of story left, much less 4. The climax with the return to the camp is nigh.

And Jingles was in Alaska right? So Richard Ramirez just did an easy trip up to fucking Alaska?!

by Anonymousreply 304October 24, 2019 3:10 AM

That kiss between Cody and Billie Lourd was awkward AF

by Anonymousreply 305October 24, 2019 3:14 AM

Why was Debbie Gibson on the bill with all the other new wave artists? It didn't make sense. She hit the scene in '87.

by Anonymousreply 306October 24, 2019 3:16 AM

We are in 1989 now r306.

by Anonymousreply 307October 24, 2019 3:17 AM

R306 it jumped to 1989 didnt it?

by Anonymousreply 308October 24, 2019 3:18 AM

r293....No, its not her.

by Anonymousreply 309October 24, 2019 3:20 AM

r309 Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 310October 24, 2019 3:22 AM

[quote]How Soon is Now is playing, I know it’s from Charmed, but does it means the witches are coming?

What are you, a millennial? How Soon Is Now? (the inferior remake) was initially in the movie The Craft. Charmed (itself a Craft rip off) would later utilize it for its theme song. The original version by The Smiths, which played in tonight’s episode, has always given me the willies. It was used to great effect in this scene from the cheesy ‘80s horror/comedy The Midnight Hour...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311October 24, 2019 3:25 AM

I know it's 1989 but all the other artists were pretty much has beens who hadn't had a hit in years with the exception of Idol. If anything she should've been the headliner since she was the most relevant. It just seemed weird that she was only newish artist on there.

by Anonymousreply 312October 24, 2019 3:27 AM

Something tells me the roles of Margaret, Xavier, Donna and Bertie were originally intended for Sarah, Evan, Angela and Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 313October 24, 2019 3:29 AM

R313 Ah, if only Evan had stayed to be Xavier instead of fugly and surprisingly prudish Fern. That gay porn subplot would’ve been a whole lot more interesting, both visually and otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314October 24, 2019 3:32 AM

r312 at venues like this, that is what you get. Has beens. The big ones were selling out stadiums and would scoff at this

by Anonymousreply 315October 24, 2019 3:33 AM

The gay porn subplot was so random. The dude showed up, dies 5 minutes later, and it had no relevance to the plot.

by Anonymousreply 316October 24, 2019 3:34 AM

R258

[quote]My favorite sequence in the episode was the vampire stalking with her and Matt Bomer, underneath the genius song “She Wants Revenge.”

You can tell Ms. Murphy is an eldergay by her confusing the title of a song with the band.

by Anonymousreply 317October 24, 2019 3:40 AM

R316 I think the gay subplot might be brought up again. Maybe, there will be a flashback to Xavier's past and something dark is finally revealed.

I can see some scene where Brooke meets up with the ghosts and maybe she reveals that Xavier's porn past was revealed to the public after the massacre.

by Anonymousreply 318October 24, 2019 3:47 AM

R316 I think the gay subplot might be brought up again. Maybe, there will be a flashback to Xavier's past and something dark is finally revealed.

I can see some scene where Brooke meets up with the ghosts and maybe she reveals that Xavier's porn past was revealed to the public after the massacre.

by Anonymousreply 319October 24, 2019 3:47 AM

Anachronisms this episode.

Margaret wears the Brigitte Bardot beehive in both 1985 (when visiting Trevor in the hospital) and in 1989, but the look was completely dead in the 1980s--it wasn't revived as a chic look until Ivana Trump adopted it in 1990.

Xavier's ghost uses the phrase "soccer mom" in 1989--which was not a popular term then.

by Anonymousreply 320October 24, 2019 5:32 AM

Another AHS anachronism, "bro." Let's fist bump.

by Anonymousreply 321October 24, 2019 5:52 AM

R320 No one remembers that far back, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322October 24, 2019 6:10 AM

I'm not sure what kind of post-production work they did on the deceased characters' skin to make them look perfect, but Billie Lourd barely looked like herself.

by Anonymousreply 323October 24, 2019 6:14 AM

That kiss between Fern and Lourd had zero heat. I can't believe that Xavier is actually supposed to be straight. I was sure he was a closet case.

by Anonymousreply 324October 24, 2019 6:16 AM

I've just realized that Billie Lourd is Carrie Fisher's daughter, I need to be sentenced to hell.

by Anonymousreply 325October 24, 2019 6:33 AM

I myself am susceptible to Fern's charms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326October 24, 2019 6:46 AM

To quote Professor Donner from "Throw Momma from the Train":

"That's it, and that's all."

This series is so dead.

by Anonymousreply 327October 24, 2019 6:48 AM

It's definitely losing me but yes, I'm going to stick it out to the end. 3 episodes left, and yet they are still filming...

by Anonymousreply 328October 24, 2019 7:00 AM

It's normal for shows to be currently filming as they are already on...

Although I've heard there have been plenty of reshoots...as Murphy said in that EW article, it's been a 'bitch.'

Wondering if he is referring to anyone in particular and not just the season in general?

by Anonymousreply 329October 24, 2019 7:03 AM

[quote]Is there a movie making technical term for when music is being played in a scene and it’s what the characters hear rather than when there’s music playing and it’s part of the score or soundtrack?

R275, "diegetic" vs. "non-diegetic" sound.

[quote]I'm also not surprised Murphy made no mention of Angela Bassett. Ugh.

R263, He mentioned her once in that article but it's not like she's not already on one of his other shows.

[quote]We are missing a crucial component. Bryan Lourd is Ryan Murphy's agent!

R267, Yup. Billie's dad is his agent. Matt Bomer's husband is his longtime PR rep. Emma talks about knowing Murphy since she was a little kid and of course he worked with Julia. He has always played favorites.

However, I do like Billie Lourd.

[quote]I think the gay subplot might be brought up again.

AHS dropping plots is pretty much a seasonal thing. We're just lucky "aliens" haven't randomly shown up out of nowhere then promptly disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 330October 24, 2019 7:05 AM

R250, R266 I hope Cody suffers a (real) painful death; easily the most annoying (male) character this season.

Gus looks good even though he was in the episode for about 30 seconds.

Love Angelica Ross in this!

by Anonymousreply 331October 24, 2019 8:00 AM

I’m slightly disappointed that they’ve deviated from the straight slasher plot into supernatural territory.

by Anonymousreply 332October 24, 2019 9:38 AM

R313 That possibility was discussed in another thread here and I agree, with the exception that Cody was always going to play Xavier, Adina Porter was going to play Rita, and Peters was going to play Trevor.

Murphy's wide-eyed "I just don't understand it!" comments about Peters never getting the credit he deserved for Cult (or ever) kills me. Bitch, Adina Porter got an Emmy nomination for Cult. That out of nowhere nod took an insane amount of campaigning on behalf of the show. Peters never gets the nominations despite carrying certain seasons because they never properly campaign for him. Listening to him go on and on AND ON about GaGa, Emma Roberts, Leslie Grossman and Billie Lourd and brushing aside Dennis O'Hare, Frances Conroy, Bassett, and pretty much anybody that isn't part of his personal inner circle was nauseating.

I agree with the poster who said this season is a convoluted mess. There's no character development and no coherent plot. Even the slasher films this season is sending up had more cohesive plots.

by Anonymousreply 333October 24, 2019 11:14 AM

All of AHS is a convoluted mess, people bitch about the same things every single season.

by Anonymousreply 334October 24, 2019 12:04 PM

I’m still pissed that Ryan hired nothing but pretty people who can’t act and yet the only one who’s been naked so far is Matthew Morrison (who is admittedly the most talented and closest to a real actor of the pack). A waste of Gus’ true talents, and I know for a fact it’s Murphy, because there’s no way that all these unknowns and a lovable exhibitionist like Kenworthy would’ve ALL had a problem with nudity. God, this show isn’t even fun to hate watch anymore. I never cared about the plot, I just want fun and eye candy. So far there’s no eye candy and it’s incredibly boring.

by Anonymousreply 335October 24, 2019 12:04 PM

Did everyone see the trailer of "Black Christmas" during the show? It was ridiculous and that is exactly the type this show is parodying.

by Anonymousreply 336October 24, 2019 1:24 PM

R336 Not worth anyone’s time and nobody will see it. Fans of the original will hate it for bastardizing a creative horror film and new audiences won’t even see it because it just looks like another dumb slasher.

by Anonymousreply 337October 24, 2019 1:26 PM

Yeah, and isn't this the second remake of that stupid movie?

by Anonymousreply 338October 24, 2019 2:33 PM

Yeah first was 1974 the last was just in 2006. Andrea Martin was in both of them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339October 24, 2019 4:42 PM

Cody Fern for some reason looks much hotter as a ghost than he did when his character was alive.

by Anonymousreply 340October 24, 2019 6:09 PM

And Matthew Morrison is pretty only from the neck down.

by Anonymousreply 341October 24, 2019 6:09 PM

Leslie Grossman is hardly a pretty person. Why Murphy is so infatuated with her is something I will never understand. She's ugly and unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 342October 24, 2019 6:11 PM

I'm still trying to tell if that kiss between Fern and Lourde was supposed to be awkward or not. Lourde looked like she was eating Fern's face off.

by Anonymousreply 343October 24, 2019 6:27 PM

R342 maybe cause you dont have to be pretty for a director/producer to want to work with you? Not everything is about that. If it were there would be no such thing as a character actor.

by Anonymousreply 344October 24, 2019 6:43 PM

AHS is NOT a parody, r336.

Parodies have jokes. Parodies make you laugh out loud. Parodies mock the originals and extrapolate jokes from them, not just copy them. Sure, this show is campy, with its over-the-top, Mommie Dearest-style / drag queen violence and showboating.

Yes, they think they're funny when they play upbeat pop tunes over gruesome violence. But there are no jokes here or mockery and I don't laugh.

AHS just copies slasher tropes and settings, queens out and contrives twists for the sake of contriving twists. It's lazy and cheap.

DON"T EVEN compare AHS to Young Frankenstein or Scary Movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345October 24, 2019 7:01 PM

Is Billie Lourd's father gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346October 24, 2019 7:25 PM

Thanks for the lecture, r344, but I was responding to r335 who wrote "I’m still pissed that Ryan hired nothing but pretty people who can’t act."

by Anonymousreply 347October 24, 2019 7:27 PM

"Is Billie Lourd's father gay? "

Does the Sun rise in the East?

by Anonymousreply 348October 24, 2019 7:32 PM

R345 seems to really really care....about what we have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 349October 24, 2019 7:52 PM

Yes, Bryan Lourd famously came out late in life, after he was with Carrie Fisher. Fisher has joked about it in her books and one-woman shows.

by Anonymousreply 350October 24, 2019 8:18 PM

Billie Lourd is creepy looking. Look up her childhood pictures and she looked like she wanted to off Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 351October 24, 2019 11:16 PM

I had a big sexy dream about Matthew Morrison last night. I was blowing him through his blue athletic shorts and then rubbing his bare cock and balls. Then the dream turned into a nightmare but it had nothing to do with him just a dream within a dream.

by Anonymousreply 352October 25, 2019 1:42 AM

[quote]Leslie Grossman is hardly a pretty person. Why Murphy is so infatuated with her is something I will never understand. She's ugly and unappealing.

Grossman is probably a Ryan Murphy ass licker and he rewards for her for it. He has feuded with people from some of his past shows and you know those people will never show up on AHS, American Crime Story, or his upcoming Netflix shows.

by Anonymousreply 353October 25, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]Leslie Grossman is hardly a pretty person. Why Murphy is so infatuated with her is something I will never understand. She's ugly and unappealing.

Grossman is probably a Ryan Murphy ass licker and he rewards for her for it. He has feuded with people from some of his past shows and you know those people will never show up on AHS, American Crime Story, or his upcoming Netflix shows.

by Anonymousreply 354October 25, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]Love Angelica Ross in this!

I hated her character for awhile. But, now I hope she takes out Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 355October 25, 2019 3:09 AM

[quote]Murphy is writing a mini-series for BILLIE LOURD??

It will probably be a Carrie Fisher miniseries with Billie playing Carrie and Sarah Paulson in age makeup will play Debbie.

by Anonymousreply 356October 25, 2019 3:17 AM

R356 No way. Her mother died so recently that even Billie wouldn’t be so heartless and cash oriented as to play her in a mini series.

by Anonymousreply 357October 25, 2019 3:50 AM

Well then what pre-established famous person or famous artwork will Billie portray?

Ryan Murphy doesn't do original stories or characters. He televises namedropping, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 358October 25, 2019 4:24 AM

The black woman had said previously that she wasn't a nurse and had no medical knowledge, and yet in the last episode she was able to medically resurrect a dead person. Incongruent.

by Anonymousreply 359October 25, 2019 10:23 PM

To say nothing about how she got IN the prison, faking to be an executioner, who, by the way, don't have medieval masks over their faces in the 20th century.

"Details! Ffft!" - Ryan Murphy, on to the next male butt, er, big project!

by Anonymousreply 360October 25, 2019 10:26 PM

To declare a person dead, this has to be done by a physician. So lots of holes in the plot as far as plausibility and believability are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 361October 25, 2019 10:31 PM

I thought her being the executioner was laughable too , but this is AHS. It's always been full of completely absurd and implausible plot points.

You could never describe AHS as realistic.

by Anonymousreply 362October 25, 2019 10:36 PM

Doesn't California take fucking forever to execute people in real life?

by Anonymousreply 363October 25, 2019 10:37 PM

The show makes a good point for using the electric chair or the gas chamber in order to prevent these kinds of fake executions.

by Anonymousreply 364October 25, 2019 10:43 PM

You bitches are whining about incongruent details... in AHS?!?! Richard Ramirez just summoned Satan through a Billy Idol flyer and smokesatan possesses a guy on the can.

Plus it’s been like 5 years so Angelica Ross clearly got her masters. After all, Margaret became a real estate mogul.

I still like this season. It’s pretty simple for the most part and I’m glad they’ve shortened it. It’s also my favorite credits theme. I wish they didn’t do the “dead people become ghosts!” trope but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 365October 26, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote]Well then what pre-established famous person or famous artwork will Billie portray?

I'm wondering the same thing. It's either some bio miniseries of a celeb or a true crime mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 366October 26, 2019 1:02 AM

Maybe Ryan will do a remake of Postcards from the Edge.

by Anonymousreply 367October 26, 2019 1:04 AM

Is it over yet?

by Anonymousreply 368October 26, 2019 2:03 AM

Is it in yet?

by Anonymousreply 369October 26, 2019 2:04 AM

R368 3 more episodes so about 2 and a half weeks

by Anonymousreply 370October 26, 2019 2:04 AM

I was hoping for something closer to 9 and a Half Weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371October 26, 2019 2:21 AM

It's a mess, for sure, and half the time it doesn't make any sense, but sometimes it's good to indulge ,sit back and watch an hour of silliness. It's like junk food for the mind.

by Anonymousreply 372October 26, 2019 1:09 PM

R365 I like it too. I have some criticisms of course but I am enjoying it. The ghost arc did annoy me too and at the beginning of episode 100 I was thinking, oh dear what the hell is going on? But then it got better and I really, really like what they have done with Jingles and Rita . Angelica is so good.

by Anonymousreply 373October 26, 2019 1:10 PM

Angelica is the BOMB

by Anonymousreply 374October 26, 2019 2:18 PM

It's antitaining.

by Anonymousreply 375October 26, 2019 4:32 PM

im still watching it! just looking forward to the next wtf scene and wth the writers were thinking moment.

by Anonymousreply 376October 26, 2019 5:03 PM

I'm annoyed by the 5-year time skip. The name of the season is "1984" for crying out loud, yet half the episodes take place in 1989?

by Anonymousreply 377October 26, 2019 8:46 PM

Do you guys think Mr. Jingles is hiding or exonerated?

by Anonymousreply 378October 27, 2019 3:14 AM

He is in hiding, that's why he was in Alaska r378. He can't be exonerated off Emma Roberts character getting arrested.

by Anonymousreply 379October 27, 2019 3:40 AM

So it's Rita/Brooke/Mr. Jingles vs Margaret/Montana/Ramirez.

by Anonymousreply 380October 27, 2019 4:37 AM

The 100th episode was celebrated tonight in LA. Here are all of the red carpet looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381October 27, 2019 5:35 AM

Seriously, R381? They had the nerve to celebrate the 100th episode of AHS?

First off, this season was nothing to celebrate.

Second, it doesn't deserve congratulations.

They have really got some nerve.

by Anonymousreply 382October 27, 2019 6:21 AM

No Evan, who's been in every season with the exception of this most recent disaster...

The favorite four-letter name looks ridiculous as usual.

by Anonymousreply 383October 27, 2019 6:37 AM

Scratch that, he WAS in attendance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384October 27, 2019 6:40 AM

Happy Halloween, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385October 27, 2019 7:22 AM

by Anonymousreply 386October 27, 2019 8:31 AM

R386 Fuck off russopornbot!

by Anonymousreply 387October 27, 2019 10:36 AM

Can I please look like Angela Bassett at 60? Best outfit. The rest of the outfits look boring, ill-fitting and schlubby.

Apparently there was a black and white theme? Good for Evan for saying fuck it and dressing in an actual costume.

by Anonymousreply 388October 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Possible spoilers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389October 29, 2019 11:50 PM

It's bee speculated from the day the cast announcement trailer dropped that this was either a movie or a dream. All the Reditters insisted that the trailer was just a screen test even though it was blatantly obvious all the actors were in character. The song used in the trailer was I Can Dream About You, FFS. Even Ryan Murphy said in that EW article last week that the entire season's dialogue and plot was supposed to come off like an 80's slasher movie. The opening credits and teasers always give hints about the plot. Last year one of the teasers showed someone turning an hourglass upside down, revealing the reversal of time. The opening credits this season consistently features an arcade game. The license plate on the van they drove was VANTACY. Of course it's going to end up a dream or hallucination or movie.

by Anonymousreply 390October 30, 2019 11:30 AM

Please tell me that tonight is the season and series finale.

by Anonymousreply 391October 30, 2019 12:18 PM

R391 2 more this season after tonight and a confirmed season 10.

by Anonymousreply 392October 30, 2019 12:21 PM

I’m fine with Season 10 since it’s likely going to be “Inferno” and address the already confirmed idea that the whole show is just a group of people going through the 9 rungs of hell, which will serve to tie up the whole show and give it a good (and hopefully finite) ending. I just want this shitty season to be over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393October 30, 2019 12:27 PM

Bitch, bitch, bitch....

by Anonymousreply 394October 30, 2019 12:58 PM

Murphy also confirmed season 2 of Feud and Katrina as the basis for American Crime Story. A lot doesn’t pan out after it’s announced.

by Anonymousreply 395October 30, 2019 1:08 PM

Wait. I thought there were only two episodes left. Tonight's and next week's. I'm so confused.

by Anonymousreply 396October 30, 2019 1:17 PM

The 9 circles of hell is a stretch to me. Is 1984 supposed to be "lust" or "violence"? I would say Apocalypse is "violence." If so, 1984 doesn't seem like lust is steering the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 397October 30, 2019 1:23 PM

R397 Maybe wrath?? I don’t know, Hotel seems like Lust more than anything to me, but most say it’s gluttony, so it’s anybody’s guess.

by Anonymousreply 398October 30, 2019 1:26 PM

R398 look at R393.

by Anonymousreply 399October 30, 2019 1:30 PM

Hotel is lust to me. It has the most sex between characters of any season.

by Anonymousreply 400October 30, 2019 1:37 PM

Has it been confirmed that Finn Wittrock will appear in episode 10? That's the new exclusive being blasted out by the AHS fan Insta accounts

by Anonymousreply 401October 30, 2019 3:03 PM

Apparently his stunt double has been listed for the episode on imdb. So far when that has happened for an actor on this season it's been accurate.

by Anonymousreply 402October 30, 2019 3:11 PM

1984 is definitely not "Lust."

Unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 403October 30, 2019 3:41 PM

R403 when it was announced I thought it would be cause lusty counselors were a big party of schlocky 80s horror movies. After the last 4 episodes its definitely not "lust".

by Anonymousreply 404October 30, 2019 3:47 PM

There's nothing cheaper or lamer than "It was all a dream."

If Murphy pulls an "It's all a dream," it's time to Punch and Delete. You are officially a hopeless, basic bitch and a waste of life with no taste if you keep supporting that kind of phony fuckery for the sake of fuckery.

Hasn't this show cheapened itself enough already? Hasn't making every murder victim invincible ALREADY rendered everything meaningless, false and not the slightest bit scary?

Where is the suspense? Doesn't life have consequences? What are we waiting for? Why are we still watching? Just to have the last, cheap twist they're hoarding revealed?

"Oh, it was all a dream." "Oh, it was purgatory. This will go on forever." "Oh, the ghosts just had to kill Margaret before they could go to the afterlife."

What's the moral of the story? Not to brutally murder, because you'll be murdered in return? Oh. I had no idea.

The only value here is learning what NOT to do in show business.

by Anonymousreply 405October 30, 2019 4:00 PM

Hotel seems most like Lust to me. Like the poster upthread said, it had the most sex of all the seasons. It also had the most nudity. There’s no way 1984 is lust because there’s been barely any sex and so far the only person we’ve seen naked is Morrison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406October 31, 2019 1:32 AM

Lily Rabe !

by Anonymousreply 407October 31, 2019 2:01 AM

Yay Lily Rabe

by Anonymousreply 408October 31, 2019 2:01 AM

Who is the hot lifeguard?

by Anonymousreply 409October 31, 2019 2:03 AM

Damn, that 10 minutes was the best 10 minutes in this season so far.

A great setting, a hot lifeguard who showed ASS, two boys you care about and a Mrs. Voorhies-type character who is intimidating and sinister.

by Anonymousreply 410October 31, 2019 2:08 AM

Well, finally some beefcake. Who's got the 411 on the model? His buttcheek flash was laughably gratuitous..

by Anonymousreply 411October 31, 2019 2:12 AM

Yay, Lily Rabe, Rabing it up!!

by Anonymousreply 412October 31, 2019 2:12 AM

I’m still confused, is the tranny going to be a plot twist at some point?

by Anonymousreply 413October 31, 2019 2:14 AM

R413 I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 414October 31, 2019 2:15 AM

Dylan!

by Anonymousreply 415October 31, 2019 2:18 AM

And Dylan McDermott! They've pulled out all the stops for this episode! lol

by Anonymousreply 416October 31, 2019 2:18 AM

Is this situation supposed to be a statement on our obsession with true crime?

by Anonymousreply 417October 31, 2019 2:25 AM

Why was the ghost going to pee....?

by Anonymousreply 418October 31, 2019 2:29 AM

Is it an ancient Indian burial ground?

by Anonymousreply 419October 31, 2019 2:30 AM

Lily Rabe is actually classing this up.

by Anonymousreply 420October 31, 2019 2:32 AM

Why was she wearing a wedding dress?

by Anonymousreply 421October 31, 2019 2:33 AM

Lily Rabe makes me so sad. She’s better than this dumb season.

by Anonymousreply 422October 31, 2019 2:35 AM

Is that a surprise r420? Lily Rabe always brings it.

by Anonymousreply 423October 31, 2019 2:39 AM

Is this supposed to be the Halloween episode?

by Anonymousreply 424October 31, 2019 2:41 AM

Seeing Lily Rabe reminds me how great this show can be when Murphy prioritizes quality over casting his friends.

by Anonymousreply 425October 31, 2019 2:41 AM

Her performance is making me miss the time of Murder House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426October 31, 2019 2:41 AM

R425 Lily and Ryan aren't friends?

by Anonymousreply 427October 31, 2019 2:43 AM

This season is called *1984!* What is this stupid plot twist and time hop to the 40s?!?!! Why are they stealing my 80s camp?! Jfc

Thank god for Candi’s big hair, and the Brooke roller disco b-plot

Also I said it’s pointless to make any theories about these seasons because this was the biggest wtf “plot” reveal of all seasons I think. I totally thought it was going to be the cliche Indian burial ground route ala R419

by Anonymousreply 428October 31, 2019 2:48 AM

Lily is a good example of nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 429October 31, 2019 2:48 AM

Dylan is actually scary, who’d have thunk? His speech about what happens to the body when it’s dragged on concrete gave me the chills.

by Anonymousreply 430October 31, 2019 2:51 AM

How does one spell Kajagoogoo?

by Anonymousreply 431October 31, 2019 2:53 AM

This episode is actually good, thanks to Lily.

And I'm enjoying Donna and Brooke's Thelma-and-Louise bit.

by Anonymousreply 432October 31, 2019 2:54 AM

1) Summer camp cook's boy killed accidentally because the counselors were too busy fucking to care = FRIDAY THE 13TH PLAGIARISM

2) Killing two lovers picnicking on a blanket in the woods while they fuck = FRIDAY THE 13TH PART V: A NEW BEGINNING PLAGIARISM

3) Sexy, strange man offers to help with car trouble when heroine's car breaks down = FRIDAY THE 14TH PART IV: THE FINAL CHAPTER PLAGIARISM

4) Renaming a campground hoping to remove the stank of a prior atrocity = FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES PLAGIARISM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433October 31, 2019 2:56 AM

Do they use any basic outlines when planning their season or just make it up as they go along?

by Anonymousreply 434October 31, 2019 2:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435October 31, 2019 3:01 AM

What does Jingles' mother mean by "If Ramirez kills you by his hand ..."

Is Jingles still alive or a ghost?

by Anonymousreply 436October 31, 2019 3:02 AM

Basic outline to start, I believe. That would explain why certain people aren't cast until, like, 2-3 weeks before their episode airs.

Jingles is now dead, but when he was on the dock talking to his mother, he was alive. I love Lily Rabe, but they literally just wrote Nora Montgomery and changed her name. It was the same character.

by Anonymousreply 437October 31, 2019 3:04 AM

Who’s Nora Montgomery?

by Anonymousreply 438October 31, 2019 3:08 AM

Bobby’s death was funny and the lifeguard’s ass was unimpressive.

by Anonymousreply 439October 31, 2019 3:08 AM

Watch Season 1 r438.

by Anonymousreply 440October 31, 2019 3:11 AM

Nora Montgomery was from season one....she was married to the abortion doctor who built Murder House...and whos baby was kidnapped and murdered...and whos husband the doctor rebuilt the baby ala Frankenstein, creating the Infintata that lived in the basement

by Anonymousreply 441October 31, 2019 3:11 AM

They always make it up R434. Start with a strong premise, and then just make shit up. See: Coven devolving into a boring contest of “who will be the supreme?” And let’s not EVEN discuss Cult.

That’s why I’m glad this series has been shortened. And even then they couldn’t stick it to... 1984. An entire year.

by Anonymousreply 442October 31, 2019 3:11 AM

Who cares about the lifeguard? He truly was just meh.

I love the PA

by Anonymousreply 443October 31, 2019 3:11 AM

I don’t see how Emma Roberts could ever be a sympathetic character, just knowing she beat Evan up taints everything.

by Anonymousreply 444October 31, 2019 3:17 AM

R444 She has the speech inflection of a cunt. You hear her talk and see her face and you know that she’s the “do you know who I am?” sort.

by Anonymousreply 445October 31, 2019 3:22 AM

Did people even still pick up hitchhikers in the late 80’s? I thought all that had stopped by the mid-70’s.

by Anonymousreply 446October 31, 2019 3:23 AM

This was the best episode this season, which was needed since the last two were pretty weak.

So we have 2 more? Let's see if they can finish this thing.

by Anonymousreply 447October 31, 2019 3:24 AM

R44 This is exactly why I hate this season. If that had been anybody else who beat up their boyfriend, they wouldn't have a career. Not to mention, she's a legendary twat on sets. I don't know how much longer she's going to be allowed to coast. If you notice, she rarely if ever does press for anything, probably because they want to avoid her being asked about the abuse.

by Anonymousreply 448October 31, 2019 3:30 AM

This episode was the funniest and weirdest. It was mostly the characters picking apart the stupidity of their script. When Jingles said “wait, so you’re all ghosts?” I burst out laughing.

Gus looked really hot in this episode.

The one thing that bugs me is that they all want to be freed. It’s boring. I miss interesting concepts like in Murder House when the ghosts enjoyed being ghosts and wanted to stay trapped by the house. This is just standard supernatural bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 449October 31, 2019 3:33 AM

They paint-by-numbers in the outlines of other shows, r434.

Then they contrive twists for the sake of twists every once in a while.

Jingles' mom / Lily Rabe is the beginning of our "horror guru" cliché who's going to tell us how to end it all. So far, she says Jingles can't die by his own hand to escape the Satanic bargain.

by Anonymousreply 450October 31, 2019 3:38 AM

Nothing beats the originals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451October 31, 2019 3:39 AM

So Lily Rabe was giving Ghost Jingles advice on how to finally "kill" his ghost, which is to let Ramirez kill him and drag him to hell?

by Anonymousreply 452October 31, 2019 3:41 AM

The lifeguard looked slutty and gay.

by Anonymousreply 453October 31, 2019 3:42 AM

R446 I think it depends on the area. There are some places where hitchhiking never really stopped.

by Anonymousreply 454October 31, 2019 3:45 AM

R446 I think it depends on the area. There are some places where hitchhiking never really stopped.

by Anonymousreply 455October 31, 2019 3:45 AM

Will Lily Rabe be in the remaining episodes?

by Anonymousreply 456October 31, 2019 3:50 AM

"Kajagoogoo is dead!!!" screeches Margaret.

Tell us something we haven't known for 35 years.

by Anonymousreply 457October 31, 2019 4:03 AM

So now Lily Rabe is essentially playing Nora Montgomery all over again as the Woman in White. A ghostly mother forever haunted by the tragic death of her son. Ryan Murphy keeps recycling the same ideas over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 458October 31, 2019 4:05 AM

So Lily Rabe is essentially playing Nora Montgomery 2.0 . Ryan Murphy really needs to stop re-using the same ideas over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 459October 31, 2019 4:08 AM

Okay. Site is fucking up again. So Lily is essentially playing Nora Montgomery 2.0. Ryan Murphy barely has any ideas left.

by Anonymousreply 460October 31, 2019 4:10 AM

Heh, a triple post to say what r437 already pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 461October 31, 2019 4:18 AM

So Lily Rabe is essentially playing Nora Montgom--

I'm just messing with you Dex.

She really classed up the show and as R425 said it's a (I'll add sad) reminder of what this show can be like when he actually casts good actors.

Ryan Murphy can write whatever he wants but when Angela, Lily, Kathy and Jessica are reading the lines they somehow make it believable enough and their performances are good enough so that it just elevates everything. Hell even Wes Bentley, Frances and Dylan do what they have to do and the fact that they've been acting for decades always shows.

I'm more than sure for S10 they'll grab a name actor from his group of actors to lead it and hopefully also remember how much praise Angelia Ross got this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462October 31, 2019 4:22 AM

I saw Lily a week ago in Fractured on Netflix. That movie was fucking awful because of the predictable twist ending (same thing with Eli with Lili Taylor) but she gave an amazing performance.

by Anonymousreply 463October 31, 2019 4:30 AM

None of these actors is polishing this turdshow.

I'm glad that so many queers are getting work, but there's nothing quality going on here.

by Anonymousreply 464October 31, 2019 4:53 AM

I have not watched since the second episode, I thought it was bad. Was it any good? Any gay stuffs at least?

by Anonymousreply 465October 31, 2019 7:49 AM

Why poor Gus? He’s lucky to be in this. He can’t act for shit, is like 5’5 and isn’t nearly as good looking as the old white looney men on here suggest.

by Anonymousreply 466October 31, 2019 11:02 AM

If you didn't like the first two at all r465, there probably is no point in you continuing it.

by Anonymousreply 467October 31, 2019 12:57 PM

r467 That sucks, this show just fails to deliver these past few seasons

by Anonymousreply 468October 31, 2019 1:13 PM

[R405] One of the biggest shockers in the 80s was the "It was a dream" Dallas episode and then others copied it. So, again, if this season is supposed to be as intentionally ridiculous as all those 80s movies/tv shows, then yeah, the dream explanation still makes sense. I don't think this season is supposed to be taken seriously at all.

by Anonymousreply 469October 31, 2019 2:48 PM

Suck it haters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470October 31, 2019 4:15 PM

What is Dylan McDermott’s motivation?

Is he just another serial killer, as the cop would suggest? Is he the Zodiac killer?

Or is he an agent of Margaret’s, Montana’s or Satan’s connected to the plot?

Why did he attack Thelma and Louise?

by Anonymousreply 471October 31, 2019 5:08 PM

I think it was just a random guest appearance. Murphy does that in all his shows. He has writers insert superfluous characters into the story to give his favorites work.

by Anonymousreply 472October 31, 2019 5:13 PM

R471 Can’t be the Zodiac because in AHS lore apparently a group of angry feminists isn’t the Zodiac Killer...

by Anonymousreply 473October 31, 2019 5:59 PM

Is not isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 474October 31, 2019 5:59 PM

I forgot to mention another show that Ryan Murphy's team is imitating.

SUMMER OF '84 made a big splash at the Sundance Film Festival over a year before AHS: 1984.

It, too, was just a knockoff of STRANGER THINGS and IT, coming after those shows hit so big. But it just goes to show you that Ryan Murphy, et al are just hopping on a tired bandwagon and there's no originality at AHS.

I do recommend you watch SUMMER OF '84. It's a solid, little thriller that could actually happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475November 2, 2019 6:28 PM

R70

That's hardly a win. The article explains that the first run ratings of the Oct 16 episode of AHS tripled over the course of a week. What that indicates is that people didn't watch the original episode. Most show's ratings increase after the original air date. For AHS' ratings to triple over that following week means nobody tuned in when the episode originally aired.

by Anonymousreply 476November 6, 2019 9:49 AM

"Honey, they can't recognize you. You're dead."

Did Dee Dee mean that Emma Roberts is supposed to be faking her death, or have we been fooled into thinking that Emma's not a ghost like everyone else?

by Anonymousreply 477November 7, 2019 2:07 AM

Is anybody laughing at the Kajagoogoo gore camp?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478November 7, 2019 2:19 AM

"That's why I'm going to kill everyone who steps foot in Camp Redwood -- maybe an expert will come and show us how to get out of here!"

Like Montana can't pick up the phone and call an expert. Like she can't ask a mortal to help her research. She just HAS TO KILL, there's no other mode of communication!!!

by Anonymousreply 479November 7, 2019 2:29 AM

She says after fucking and conversing with mortal people harmlessly.

by Anonymousreply 480November 7, 2019 2:29 AM

"We've had a mutual admiration and a deep sexual attraction." This show is so tacky and crass. Trashy drag queens playing with Barbie dolls humor. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 481November 7, 2019 2:34 AM

"We are going to make Camp Redwood the Mecca for '80s music memoriam. And I am going to make a fortune!"

This is such an overwrought cartoon. The producers think it's cute but it's completely charmless and false to life. And not the least bit horrific. It doesn't even feel nostalgic or real. It's just namedropping people, places and events. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 482November 7, 2019 2:47 AM

Looks like I'm the only one left watching this shitshow. I guess the AHS stans can't even fake enthusiasm anymore.

by Anonymousreply 483November 7, 2019 3:08 AM

Out of nowhere Montana and Trevor are star-crossed lovers?

Montana gives Trevor a speech on serial killer sexism?

Cody Fern gets repeatedly skewered?

The Friday The 13th mutilated child emerges from lake to pull character into water?

Who the fuck are these weirdos stanning this shit stain of a season?

by Anonymousreply 484November 7, 2019 3:09 AM

Is next week the finale?

by Anonymousreply 485November 7, 2019 3:26 AM

Yes. It’s the Finally.

by Anonymousreply 486November 7, 2019 4:22 AM

Finn is probably playing Jingles’ spawn

by Anonymousreply 487November 8, 2019 3:34 AM

any guesses for next season's theme?

by Anonymousreply 488November 14, 2019 1:09 AM

I hope Bobby lives.

by Anonymousreply 489November 14, 2019 2:05 AM

I hope Bobby lives.

by Anonymousreply 490November 14, 2019 2:05 AM

At least the annoying assistant got offed.

by Anonymousreply 491November 14, 2019 2:15 AM

loved the revenge on Margaret

by Anonymousreply 492November 14, 2019 2:42 AM

They could have done better with the age makeup.

by Anonymousreply 493November 14, 2019 2:55 AM

DL policies mean that nobody is using the same thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494November 14, 2019 3:03 AM

So I'll just copy my comments here.

At least Finn Wittrock is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495November 14, 2019 3:04 AM

No, the stage rigging and banners from a concert 30 years ago would NOT be left up, no matter what sort of tragedy happened.

The rental company would take back all the equipment and the owners would clean up the mess / plastic banners.

by Anonymousreply 496November 14, 2019 3:04 AM

"I came here to find out what happened to my father" = Rob Dier from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497November 14, 2019 3:05 AM

DL fave Jared Padalecki also went looking for what happened to his sister with a backpack in FRIDAY THE 13th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498November 14, 2019 3:05 AM

Are we really rooting for Margaret to fail?

Or is she too much of a cartoon for anyone to care?

Or is she a role model to corny kweens?

by Anonymousreply 499November 14, 2019 3:06 AM

Richard Ramirez bloody orgy. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 500November 14, 2019 3:06 AM

Isn't slaughtering Richard Ramirez over and over again in grisly ways so much FUN?!

It's just gross and I don't enjoy torturing he or Margaret like the sickos who made this because I don't believe any of it.

by Anonymousreply 501November 14, 2019 3:06 AM

Chet bisexual reveal! But they're only going to show him make out with the chubby dyke cook? PPFFFFFFFFFTTTT

Now I like Chet and I dislike Chef Birdie. Gratuitous Twist Fail.

by Anonymousreply 502November 14, 2019 3:06 AM

That's some good age makeup and styling on Angelica Ross.

by Anonymousreply 503November 14, 2019 3:07 AM

Any last-minute guesses how they're going to kill Margaret and escape Camp Redwood?

My guess is that all the characters will spontaneously combust from overwriting.

by Anonymousreply 504November 14, 2019 3:07 AM

The Ol' FARGO Woodchipper Kill, eh? Now I know the creators of this show were playing FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE GAME.

Besides all the other plagiarisms listed in all the other threads, FRIDAY: THE GAME features a FARGO-style woodchipper achievement called "The Showalter."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505November 14, 2019 3:08 AM

Mike + The Mechanics, a corny song to round out a corny show. Tonally incongruent, too.

by Anonymousreply 506November 14, 2019 3:10 AM

Hi, Troll Queen @ r493!

by Anonymousreply 507November 14, 2019 3:12 AM

So I guess the Lady in the White made the call to save Brooke.

by Anonymousreply 508November 14, 2019 3:44 AM

[quote] No, the stage rigging and banners from a concert 30 years ago would NOT be left up, no matter what sort of tragedy happened. The rental company would take back all the equipment and the owners would clean up the mess / plastic banners.

Oh Sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 509November 14, 2019 8:32 AM

So...how was Richard Ramirez at Devil's Night in Hotel if he spent 30 years dying and being reborn in Camp Redwood?

by Anonymousreply 510November 14, 2019 4:56 PM

The Richard Ramirez thing makes no sense given Hotel r510. Did the writers forget they already have established things about him in this universe?

This is the problem with having every season be connected, it causes plotholes unless you have good writing.

by Anonymousreply 511November 14, 2019 5:10 PM

It's like all Murphy & Co. care about is affirmation — providing work for this repertory company and keeping their characters alive (in a horror show!) so they can stick around and emote stardom.

by Anonymousreply 512November 14, 2019 5:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!