Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip Part 97

Continue posting all your inbred gossip here!

by Anonymousreply 387October 16, 2019 4:20 PM

Stop starting new threads without finishing the old ones - if you spam the boards and enough people FF/ignore, then it's possible that the whole topic will be banned. Just pay the $1.50 ffs.

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2019 12:28 AM

I already paid my 1.50, you twat. That's why I decided to post a new one. Because I can, while not everyone interested in this topic is able to.

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2019 12:37 AM

Well have fun when you are no longer to post in and threads to do with the BRF because that where this is heading courtesy of your behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2019 12:38 AM

And, r1 the last one is hitting 500. The paywall seems up. When the paywall goes up, a new thread is called for. If you don't like it, then get the fuck off the thread.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2019 12:39 AM

Oh, I'll be off the thread in the near future for sure, because there won't be any more of these threads.

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2019 12:41 AM

If they can't pay 1.50 fuck them and fuck you. STOP SPAMMING THJE BOARD. THERE'S A PAYWALL FOR A REASON.

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2019 12:41 AM

F&F FOR CHEAP OP

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2019 12:41 AM

Good. We don't need fucking hall monitors here.

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2019 12:42 AM

I see from your history that these are the only threads you partake in OP so I've changed my mind - keep spamming because it means we'll be rid of you pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2019 12:44 AM

F&F CHEAP R8.

THERE'S A PAYWALL FOR A REASON. YOU'RE FUCKING WITH MURIEL'S REVENUE STREAM.

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2019 12:44 AM

"We'll be rid of you soon" Is that a threat, r9? Are you writing threats to other users of DL? I'm reasonably sure that's against DL rules.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2019 12:46 AM

Fuck you're an idiot OP. You don't even know how it works here - spam the board enough and the topic is banned ESPECIALLY if you fuck with a paywalled thread. Hopefully this will be the last one and then your'e gone.

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2019 12:48 AM

So is starting new threads so people don't have to pay.

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2019 12:48 AM

Oh wow, another installation of the threads full of humorless twats!

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2019 12:51 AM

Oh and by the way, since you are obviously new here and no know shit about how things work, you can still get banned for good even though you are a paid member. If you keep breaking the rules you can look forward to a permanent ban. You don't even need to do much for that to happen but spamming the boards is a great start. Have fun with that.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2019 12:58 AM

" Spamming the boards"? With one thread?

By the way, when I blocked you to see your posts, I saw that you were ALSO complaining about starting a new thread back when BRF Gossip Part 96 was started.

I think you may have some kind of OCD on the subject of starting new BRF threads. Seek medical help.

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2019 1:08 AM

No, I just enjoy these threads and it will suck when they're gone. You'll notice other people are complaining - no doubt because they have been here a while and see whole topics go "poof". You should be grateful that I'm warning you about the ban though.

by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2019 1:14 AM

Ignore this thread and keep linking back to 96 until it is properly full. Leave the poor to their digital council threads.

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2019 1:25 AM

Current thread here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2019 1:25 AM

Queen Mother and Prince Philip dories on the actual thread at link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2019 1:31 AM

Here you go op!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2019 3:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 9, 2019 10:39 AM

LOL. JUST what the Sussexes needed: the Kardashians defending them! That should go down well in Middlesborough - and I do believe I hear roars of laughter coming from the corridores of the Palaces Kensington and Buckingham.

And how perfect as the Daily Mail extols "demure Kate" today at her unannounced engagement today in support of Britain's endangered biodiversity, looking exquisitely turned out in autumnal colours, almost all elements off the High Street except for the quite exhorbitant Chanel purse, and I must say if I were a woman, I would be slavering over the shoes.

Great job, Meghan! Great job, Harry!

by Anonymousreply 23October 9, 2019 11:45 AM

Thanx OP for starting a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 24October 9, 2019 11:46 AM

No problem, r24. It seems there are some people who very much disliked my starting a new thread, so thank you.

by Anonymousreply 25October 9, 2019 11:49 AM

Adding my thanks to OP for starting the new thread. Those of us who subscribe to a variety of sites and publications and who are on pensions and limited budgets can balk at yet one more fee to subscribe, little as it may seem.

by Anonymousreply 26October 9, 2019 11:51 AM

Thanks, r26. You are exactly who I was thinking when I started the new thread. Glad you're here.

by Anonymousreply 27October 9, 2019 11:54 AM

R25 No worries. Fuck the rest of them. You are doing the right thing. Remember that.

And now back on topic. Re coulottes worn today per R23's post:

I wish to fuck Kate and the rest of the Royal ladies would STOP trying to make horrendous green happen. It doesn't and never will.

by Anonymousreply 28October 9, 2019 11:55 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2019 11:56 AM

I know. The culottes are a mild misstep. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2019 11:57 AM

Agree, R26. And it's not like money isn't made from non-subscribers. Every time we click on a story, we're subjected to ads, which subsidize the site. So, yes, our clicks and contributions generate revenue.

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2019 12:01 PM

Kate can wear green, Meghan can't. On the other hand, Meghan can wear yellow whereas Kate in general can't.

Btw, I'm the OP of the former two threads. To the whining obsessive cunt bitching about people starting a new thread when the one in use gets paywalled:

Schieß dir doch ein Loch ins Knie und dann fick' dich selbst darin.

by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2019 12:09 PM

R30, That looks like a longer version of gauchos. Yes you'd have to be tall and super thin like Kate to not look like an elephant wearing them.

R28, That's not really green but khaki or I've even seen it called "army green."

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2019 12:10 PM

True. The gaucho/culottes makes any reasonably thin woman look like a land whale. The cut itself is very unflattering. Is Kate wearing them to downplay her thinness, I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2019 12:21 PM

The best line ever in Murphy Brown was when she was having a day where bad things kept happening to her, and she eventually exploded, "What did I do in a previous life to deserve this? Invent culottes?"

She's right. They look good on nobody. Kate gets away with it, but it was a lost opportunity to wear something better.

by Anonymousreply 35October 9, 2019 12:21 PM

I don't mind the culottes or their colour, I mind the elastic waistband - I think the same look with a thin belt would have been better, but it's a quibble given how overall lovely she looks, including the recently lightly highlighted hair. The subtle coppery lights lift the dark autumn colours and are perfect with her tawny colouring. Kate is one of Nature's Born Never To Be Blonde, Not Ever. The shoes and purse dress up the low-key outfit just enough.

by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2019 12:25 PM

R36, Agree with you about Kate's new hair color. Also love the color of her top. Wish I could see a better picture of her shoes.

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2019 12:35 PM

Is there an elastic waistband there?

by Anonymousreply 38October 9, 2019 12:36 PM

Who do stores keep pushing fashions and colors that flatter so few women?

by Anonymousreply 39October 9, 2019 12:38 PM

Fantastic shoes, but I would love to see that outfit with full length pants (I quite like the green) and for the love of God why can't she try a chignon? Unruly flyaway hair does not befit the future Queen of England.

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2019 12:43 PM

The idea is to replace the older idea of class, r39. To be over 110 pounds for a woman, no matter her height. is thought outre and unacceptable.

It's incredibly unfair. But we gay men have a similar standard for each other, so, it all comes out in the wash (as film-Joan said)

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2019 12:50 PM

R32-sehr gut gesagt! The previous thread's owner is just put out that people will now abandon that discussion and migrate over here. He's being territorial and doesn't like being sidelined. I don't believe for a second he fretting over the sanctity of the topic. Which reminds me - back on topic - I like Kate's look, but the fabric of the much debated culottes looks synthetic.

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2019 12:51 PM

Perfect assessment, r40

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2019 12:51 PM

I don't think it was previous thread-starter, r42 I think it was one OCD-addled poster who took a possession-like stance of the threads. The previous thread-starter of BRF 96 was also abused by the same person who took over the first fifteen posts of this thread, so it seems to be a thing with that poster.

NeverMIND children, because:

Kate has worshipped Meghan with her clothes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2019 12:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 9, 2019 12:58 PM

Oh my lord how many times do you think Meghan has made phone calls asking to meet Bill or Melinda. She must be seething right now.

by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2019 1:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2019 1:01 PM

Sorry for being obtuse when it comes to the meaning of 'former' ... *hangs head in language shame*

I am the OP of the two PREVIOUS threads (no 95 and no 96).

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2019 1:02 PM

R41, Thank you for your informative response. However most straight men don't find anorexic looking women attractive preferring to see breasts and toned hips and asses. Few non-Asian women are super thin, and you must be tall as well to successfully wear gauchos/culottes.

Agree that most Americans are way overweight but note that more and more lines for young teens and older women are including much larger sizes. Fair warning to those clothing manufacturers who are so short-sighted.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2019 1:03 PM

Megs is really not ready to return to tucked in shirts. That outfit at R44 needs a well cut untucked shirt in a darker colour to flatter her current zaftig frame.

by Anonymousreply 50October 9, 2019 1:05 PM

Re R47's post with Hairless Harry and Ed Sheeran: Oh dear ...

Will they do a lullaby record for Archie? What else can we expect from these two tosspots?

by Anonymousreply 51October 9, 2019 1:07 PM

r47 He just gets worse and worse

by Anonymousreply 52October 9, 2019 1:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 9, 2019 1:22 PM

Looks like Harry used Eugenie's digs for the cringe video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 9, 2019 1:30 PM

Ok, r49 , whatever you say.

ut you are deluding yourself if you don't think that women don't need to be thin. They do.

And, agreed, women's hormones make if fucking hard for women to be thin.

I suspect that's part of how thin became so valuable.

by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2019 1:30 PM

First Meghan stole attention from Eugenie during Eugenie’s wedding with her pregnancy reveal stunt. Then the Sussexes stole pathetic Bea’s thunder by timing their lawsuit too closely to the engagement announcement. It’s like they can’t stand to see other royals get the spotlight for long. These two famewhores must have the light shine upon them at center stage at all times.

by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2019 1:57 PM

R40 - She wears her hair up in more formal outfits. This is a very casual look. And her "flyaway" hair iw one of her trademarks, just like Crown Princess Mary's of Denmark, also a future Queen, who also wears it down and loose for less formal work.

That said, Mary was in Paris for the last few days, and in addition to the first dress she wore which I admired so much (with long loose hair), yesterday she appeared at a more formal event in a beautiful white lace dress also cunningly fitted to give her a waist, with her hair up and held by a glittering large clip in the back. She looked stunning and quite eclipsed her sister in law, Marie, who wore black (with loose flowing hair. This is another look that Meghan could learn something from.

And apologies again, but I haven't figured out how to post links. You can find the video on Billed-Bladet, click on Kongelige (royals) on the menu banner above and you'll find it.

by Anonymousreply 57October 9, 2019 2:00 PM

R56-Harry and Meghan are going to have an awfully hard time during the Pakistan tour. It's an important one. What kind of bullshit articles are we going to be subjected to day in and out?

by Anonymousreply 58October 9, 2019 2:01 PM

R44 - That PEOPLE article (PEOPLE is devoted to Meghan Markle and is solidly in her corner, you have to bear that in mind), bears absolutely no relationship to the one Meghan is wearing so much less successfully, except that both outfits feature trousers.

Meghan looked like wait-staff in that outfit.

by Anonymousreply 59October 9, 2019 2:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 9, 2019 2:05 PM

And quick add to say yes, Mary always seems to get it right these days. Very elegant, very polished, very stylish., very contemporary. She just ticks all the style boxes. If I were Meghan, I'd be pouring over her photos and taking copious notes.

by Anonymousreply 61October 9, 2019 2:07 PM

R60 - No, that is a very formal but day-evet dress, the one I saw yesterday was a much more formal dress, ankle length, and the hair was all up in back, but I'm obliged to you for posting this one, I'd missed it, and it's another very well done outfit for Mary.

by Anonymousreply 62October 9, 2019 2:09 PM

I like Kate's culottes today. It gives the appearance of wearing a narrow skirt but doesn't impede walking. The elastic waist in back is because they are from a high street shop, ie attainable, but of course a high street shop would maximize the number of women who could fit into each size hence the elastic. Most buyers would probably wear it with a sweater covering the waistband.

I think Kate has all her affordable fashion tailored to fit which is why she looks so good. Minor alterations can make a big difference. It's a mystery to me that MM doesn't do this. It's expensive, it might cost more than the garment itself, but they can afford it and still make the claim they are wearing attainable clothes.

by Anonymousreply 63October 9, 2019 2:10 PM

^*day-event

by Anonymousreply 64October 9, 2019 2:10 PM

Mary really does seem to get it right these days. She didn't always, but she's getting it right now.

by Anonymousreply 65October 9, 2019 2:11 PM

R62-It would have helped had I just gone to the site you initially recommended. I believe this is what you're referencing. It's just lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 9, 2019 2:13 PM

I'm guessing MM refuses tailors because tailors would have to see her body proper.

Kate doesn't mind that kind of thing but Meghan "PRIVACY!" Markle is too diva for that. And so, no properly fitting clothes.

by Anonymousreply 67October 9, 2019 2:15 PM

The Queen's cousin the Duke of Kent is 84 years old today and still active in public engagements. There are some lovely photos of his early years in the article below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 9, 2019 2:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 9, 2019 2:39 PM

I hope the press hates back big time. Let them take off the gloves and set real investigative reporters on the Sussexes and their foundation. Hopefully, Wills is behind the scenes saying, "Have at it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 9, 2019 2:40 PM

This is something the royals should avoid - taking political sides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 9, 2019 2:51 PM

Kate's new lighter hair color softens her face. I love the colors of her outfit today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 9, 2019 2:53 PM

A closer look at Kate's new, softer hair color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 9, 2019 2:55 PM

A closer look at Kate's new, softer hair color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 9, 2019 2:55 PM

^ Sorry for the double posts. DL is stalling today.

by Anonymousreply 75October 9, 2019 2:56 PM

"Blowin in the wind".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 9, 2019 2:57 PM

The colourist who did that work on Kate will now be Kate's colourist for life.

by Anonymousreply 77October 9, 2019 3:05 PM

It's really interesting to me how the Sussexes howl about privacy but have no problem undertaking something that exposes Chelsy's medical history to the world (people are going to whisper that emergency appendectomy was a miscarriage or abortion) or using Eugenie's home for their own PR machinations. She should have just told Harry to fuck off and use Frog Cottage for his self-promotion. From private jets to law suits, they are hypocrites in virtually everything they do.

by Anonymousreply 78October 9, 2019 3:06 PM

Basically, yes. r78

by Anonymousreply 79October 9, 2019 3:15 PM

The Ed Sheeran video is Harry trying to replicate the success of the video he had with Her Majesty and their famous "boom." It's working for now (half a million views in an hour or something like that.) The danger is, the more they do these types of things, the less cachet they have.

by Anonymousreply 80October 9, 2019 3:26 PM

Harry has become a disaster

by Anonymousreply 81October 9, 2019 3:29 PM

R57

[quote] but I haven't figured out how to post links.

Here's how...

1. Find a picture you like and hover mouse over same

2. Right click

3. A drop down menu will appear.

4. Click on "Copy Image Location"...

5. Go back to DL and move to "Web Site Link" on your post

6. Right Click

7. From drop down menu, click on "Copy".

And you will see the image address appear in the "Web Site Link" field.

DO NOT copy the image link to the text of your post. You must copy the image link to the "West Site Link" at the bottom of your posting.

Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 82October 9, 2019 3:34 PM

[QUOTE] If I were Meghan, I'd be pouring over her photos and taking copious notes...

Oh, dear.

You mean 'poring', not 'pouring.'

Kate's eyes belong to a 60 year old. Saggy and wrinkly.

by Anonymousreply 83October 9, 2019 3:39 PM

I hope we get some new BRF gossip as this Cathy vs. Meghan smack-down challenge is getting a little stale.

by Anonymousreply 84October 9, 2019 4:41 PM

R55, Actually I agree with you that women need to be thin to wear fashion trends and to truly look upscale just not super thin bordering on anorexic. Lucky those who have a very long, thin skeletal structure like Kate.

by Anonymousreply 85October 9, 2019 6:39 PM

R84, Meghan is definitely NOT invited to Eugeniie's upcoming wedding. I'd link Danja Zone who's dug up evidence but don't want flak from the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 86October 9, 2019 6:49 PM

Explains the seemingly badly timed Harkles' lawsuit against British press/paps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 9, 2019 7:09 PM

Blind Gossip is such bullshit. They take whoever is in the headlines, make it 10% vague, and put a spin on it. Helen Keller could guess any of their "stories".

by Anonymousreply 88October 9, 2019 7:40 PM

Even if the Blind Gossip item were true, I just don't think it would matter one way or the other, Meghan haters would continue to hate, fans would continue to defend and people in the middle would find it appalling that a private sex tape was released. Harry married no virgin. Most get that. The issue the majority of the public has with Meghan has nothing to do with her past behavior and everything to do with her present actions.

by Anonymousreply 89October 9, 2019 8:31 PM

I agree r89. I doubt anyone would be scandalized by photos of MM’s breasts. I wouldn’t watch a private sex tape and would have sympathy for someone whose private tape was released without their consent. Whatever consenting adults do in bed is their business, so I don’t understand what the fuss would be.

by Anonymousreply 90October 9, 2019 8:35 PM

Exactly. The release of a sex tape or private photos would get Meg a (deserved) wave of sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 91October 9, 2019 8:47 PM

Yes, R90-I find Meghan to be an awful person but it's based on how she treats others and her virtue-signaling hypocrisy. The only way I'd take offense at her sex tape is if she suddenly became a born again Christian and lectured about the evils of premarital sex. Mostadults are just over sex scandals unless it's a conservative being caught out not doing as they say or if, as in Andy's case, it's with minors. Honestly, the release of a sex tape and nude pics could be one of the best things to happen too Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 92October 9, 2019 8:49 PM

Oh, she gave up family alright. Very willingly, in fact, She couldn't wait to dump that slob of a father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 9, 2019 9:03 PM

My Palmer is entertaining lately. Now he's communicating that Her Maj is unhappy. The show is about to get very interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 9, 2019 9:11 PM

Suits was probably the peak of her acting career. After the show, maybe she'd get a procedural, CSI/Law and Order type show. Or she'd go the Lifetime/Hallmark TV route. A working actress, but not front row of the Emmys.

And as for the family. I mentioned in another thread that there don't seem to be ANY bonds in the Markle clan. Everybody is estranged from everybody. Everybody says "Poor Tom hasn't met Archie." Yeah, that kinda sucks but when was the last time he saw his other grandchildren? Or his son? When did he last have a conversation with Sam that didn't have to do with Meghan? The Waltons, they are not.

by Anonymousreply 95October 9, 2019 9:31 PM

I can't see Meghan's topless shots being a real problem, as we've all seen her topless already. The video would be a much bigger deal, but they'd have to prove it was her, which might be difficult in this era of deep fakes.

by Anonymousreply 96October 9, 2019 9:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 9, 2019 10:06 PM

R95 - "Probably the peak of her acting career"???!!!

It was the ONLY peak of her acting career - it was the only decent acting job, the only real acting job, she got in 15 years of clawing and fucking her way around the lower end of the business, and her first husband got it for her.

She was a big nothing. Now, she's a BIGGER nothing. She was a dime-a-dozen c-list actress and she's a shitty royal.

by Anonymousreply 98October 9, 2019 10:28 PM

R98...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 9, 2019 10:32 PM

I still doubt the existence of that sex tape. Meghan either knows it doesn't exist or knows it's been destroyed or purchased by the BRF who wouldn't let it out for love or money for Harry's and his son's sake.

Because if she had the slightest idea that it was out there and the press could get its hand on it, she'd never have filed that lawsuit. And she probably also knows that even if the press does have it, publishing it would prove her point and get the press into the deficit column.

No, that sex tape isn't an issue. It would embarrass her for ten minutes, then public sympathy would swing to her side. The BRF behind the scenes wouldn't sympathise with her, they'd despise her and she'd still be on her way out - but it wouldn't help the press's case one bit.

The press will have to find another way to finish the job. They have a few other weapons: not covering H&M, putting any coverage in small pieces below the fold, so to speak, elevating Kate and William (especially Kate) at every opportunity, and continuing to throw legally unassailable shade at every juncture.

The Sussexes can use IG till the cows come home. Reports of the death of traditional media for social media are greatly exaggerated.

And if it comes to it, social media hasn't been kind to them, either.

by Anonymousreply 100October 9, 2019 10:36 PM

Well said, R100. The strategy you lined out would be far more effective. And all the big tabloids use social media now, so it's not like the Sussexes could beat them at their game. The Daily Mail is an app, for god's sake. People read it on their phones. The newspapers that astutely jumped on the online bandwagon are doing fine, and the Daily Mail, abhorrently right-wing as it is, is a powerhouse.

by Anonymousreply 101October 9, 2019 10:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 9, 2019 11:30 PM

MM is out for revenge plain and simple, she wants Piers Morgan stopped and she wants the Daily Mail muzzled. Like all narcs she would be enraged by the bad press because it doesn't fit in with her world view of herself.

She must have been livid that her father didn't automatically sell the letter to the press, after all she spent all that time writing five pages in her awful calligraphy so he must be punished too. It will be interesting to see which one of her friends was the one that was given snippets of the Dear Daddy letter. MM will pretend she only showed the person the letter but didn't expect them to show it to People magazine. I assume whichever friend it was they were the most expendable to her. Don't think she hasn't thought this through.

The hacked phone calls law suit is so odd though there would be twisted narc logic in there. Maybe to do with Chelsy Davy, her name seems to be the one that is mentioned most in the hacked calls especially with her emergency operation. Maybe MM wants to embarrass her or punish her because you know she would be her nemesis along with Kate

by Anonymousreply 103October 9, 2019 11:43 PM

It's really cuntish to drag Chelsy into this. So much for the sanctity of privacy. They won't share the names of the godparents - oh, no, their holy privacy - but splash someone's medical history all over the place? Incredibly selfish. God, I abhor these two.

by Anonymousreply 104October 9, 2019 11:47 PM

'A 35 million pound wedding when the actual heir to throne's wedding only cost 26 million pounds? A $75,000 dollar engagement picture dress vs Kate's 300 pound engagement dress?'

These figures aren't being bandied around by the British public, only by monomaniacs like yourself who suffer from an almost autistic obsession with the couple.

The info that MM was worth 5m when she married Harry was widely shared, and many Brits, if they considered the costs at all, thought she paid for the 75k gown herself. She wasn't married to Harry so wasn't receiving any money from the civil list at the time.

The royals are already being reigned in. Beatrice's wedding won't be paid for by the public. MM's wedding, shower and the FC renovation were unique expenses that won't be repeated and will soon be forgotten. She is already wearing much cheaper garments.

The vast majority of Brits are indifferent to the royals, and aren't following MM's antics avidly like the people on this board. Henry Viii isn't on the throne, levying extra taxes to pay for his whims. Frogmore etc had no impact on people's monthly salaries or hourly wage.

As I already pointed out, the royal family bring in over four hundred million a year in revenue, and cost 25% of that. It's naive to think the whole institution will be abolished because MM and Harry spent 4m renovating a house.

by Anonymousreply 105October 10, 2019 12:09 AM

I don't think there WERE any friends. I think she just wrote it herself and sent it to People magazine.

by Anonymousreply 106October 10, 2019 12:26 AM

Here is the first Royal themed thread that admin has closed - I'm sure there will be more to follow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 10, 2019 12:28 AM

^^^ of course, you didn't want to listen when all the regulars told you ....

by Anonymousreply 108October 10, 2019 12:34 AM

You are talking as if the media’s sole reason for existence was to reward the royals for good behavior, R100. They exist for clicks. The DM can’t not cover Meghan, because the readers will just move on any other webpage that covers her. They can’t cover only the Cambridges, and they can’t banish Meghan to the bottom of the page. Even if you think that Harry pap-walking the minefield or Meghan posing at a tennis match is dumb, and Kate turning up at the opening of an envelope in one or another boring prairie dress is super exciting, the readership of the DM does not necessarily agree with you. People want the Cambridges for the sense of stability, reassurance, whatever, but they also want the Sussexes for entertainment, even if in trainwreck sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 109October 10, 2019 12:35 AM

Won't be long now before all the royal threads are gone.

by Anonymousreply 110October 10, 2019 12:45 AM

The Welp Troll came here from Tumblr as a Larrie in 2012, and went nuts up until 2016 trying to convince posters that Louis Tomlinson's baby was a reborn doll and Styles and Louis were secretly engaged. Famous mantra: 'welp, even grandmothers at Target call them the gay one and the other gay one.'

Eventually, she realised she was wrong, but has never forgiven Harry Styles for splitting up One Direction, and slags him off every day here on the various 1d threads.

She also thinks M and H are in a lavender marriage and gets behind any tinhat theory going. She's the one who says H has a thing for Adam.

Anyone who disagrees with her endless bitching about Markle or Styles is labelled a PR shill/Russian bot. She just can't stomach dissent of any kind, and has to label it PR intervention. Shame she has managed to convince other gullible posters here that they are facing a shill onslaught.

Phrases: welp/yikes/ymmv/oof/meh/uh/um/ - eh/even Quaker Oates has social media managers

Calls people 'fun' a lot. Refers to telenovellas and to children as 'kiddies'. Never spells 'spaz' or 'Azoff' correctly.

'Work on my medicine, work on

Thus credulous fools are caught.'

The Welp Troll is the Iago of the board. Don't be seduced by its machinations.

by Anonymousreply 111October 10, 2019 12:53 AM

I hope that it is only the peripheral Royal threads that are being closed.

I suspect that our leader is clever enough to realize that there are pro-Sparkle forces (bots, trolls, PR lackeys, etc.) who have been using underhanded tactics in an attempt to get all the Royal Family threads closed down.

I hope those tactics do not work and that the ongoing "British Royal Family" threads continue.

by Anonymousreply 112October 10, 2019 1:19 AM

Actually, Muriel pays attention to the ff and ignores that are put on each thread R112. The more threads there are, the more frustrated people become and put them on ignore. If enough people are ff-ing/ignoring royal threads, then TPTB will start closing them down. The more royal threads there are, the more disliked they become. It's not bots or trolls ff-ing/ignoring - it;s regular dataloungers who are sick of them appearing with such frequency, as you will realise if you read the complaints threads.

by Anonymousreply 113October 10, 2019 1:29 AM

You might also have noticed that all the Royal threads become greyed out because people are sick of them. The fact none of them ever reach 600 contributes to the issue and is also taken into consideration.

by Anonymousreply 114October 10, 2019 1:31 AM

Muriel talked about bots in her AMA and it's definitely not bots on these threads. That's also where she talks about paying attention to ffs/ignores on both threads and members. The red troll signature you see is a result of someone either breaking the rules or being ffed too often.

by Anonymousreply 115October 10, 2019 1:59 AM

If you start the threads which get ff'ed, you also accrue those ffs yourself, so do it often enough and you are red-tagged and eventually banned.

by Anonymousreply 116October 10, 2019 2:06 AM

OK, enlighten me, please.

How does one FF a whole thread?

Or ignore a whole thread?

What causes the greyed out initial post of a thread?

by Anonymousreply 117October 10, 2019 2:07 AM

The ww/ff/ignore poster/ignore thread buttons are to the right of the title post of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 118October 10, 2019 2:10 AM

You can see this one has 8 ww and probably a million ffs given that it is greyed out. The OP no doubt has heaps of ffs too now.

by Anonymousreply 119October 10, 2019 2:12 AM

R105 it was put out by Meghan's PR that she was worth $5 million but looking at comparable industry salaries, as well as her industry expenses i.e. agents, pr, etc. would leave her with nowhere near that kind of money. The Palace also admitted that her dress was privately purchased, with most believing Charles paid as she was never photographed in expensive clothing like this prior to her engagement to Harry. Face it, girl is a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 120October 10, 2019 2:16 AM

R120-don't forget her infamous Sayonara, Zara party where she gave her hand-me-downs to friends because going forward she'd be dressing in couture. How Harry could be taken in by someone so blatantly materialistic is a head scratcher. She must have hidden from that while dating very well.

by Anonymousreply 121October 10, 2019 2:26 AM

[quote] The ww/ff/ignore poster/ignore thread buttons are to the right of the title post of the thread.

Sorry. I'm not seeing it.

All I see is the "Watched" eyeball.

I'm not a subscriber - can only subscribers ww/ff/ignore a whole thread?

by Anonymousreply 122October 10, 2019 2:34 AM

So let's let this get all the way to 600. I miss the poster who used to close out the threads will Will and his willie.

by Anonymousreply 123October 10, 2019 2:42 AM

[quote]I'm not a subscriber - can only subscribers ww/ff/ignore a whole thread?

Hmmm must be. I was already a long-time member when they made the site change so don't know what it looks like for non-subscribers anymore.

by Anonymousreply 124October 10, 2019 2:43 AM

[quote]So let's let this get all the way to 600. I miss the poster who used to close out the threads will Will and his willie.

Good luck with that - OP isn't interested in keeping these threads alive so no doubt will start another as soon as the paywall goes up.

by Anonymousreply 125October 10, 2019 2:45 AM

I do see a circle with a line through it for the first post of some threads.

It is positioned at the end of the same line that shows the icons for "WW", "FF", and Ignore poster.

I think that is the ignore thread icon? Am I right?

Still not seeing whole thread specific WW/FF icons.

by Anonymousreply 126October 10, 2019 2:48 AM

Threads sometimes get closed when the original post are mass-flagged. You can tell that is the case with the one you posted r107, because the OP is greyed out. So it was admin responding to F&Fs from the Megbots.

by Anonymousreply 127October 10, 2019 2:57 AM

[QUOTE] Meghan is definitely NOT invited to Eugeniie's upcoming wedding. I'd link Danja Zone who's dug up evidence but don't want flak from the trolls.

Do you mean Beatrice's wedding? Danja Zone has made all kinds of preposterous predictions, none of which have come true. MM's absence from Bea's wedding would immediately make the wedding day all about her and Harry, so it's not something that should be on your wishlist.

by Anonymousreply 128October 10, 2019 7:58 AM

Of course Meghan and Harry will be invited to Bea's wedding r127. There is no real question about that

by Anonymousreply 129October 10, 2019 9:15 AM

Yes, I think if this is another "private-public" wedding at St. George's Chapel, Bea won't have a choice in the matter of inviting the Sussexes, and she does I think have affection for Harry. Andrew can't risk forbidding it altogethe unless it is completely privat a less public venue, and not televised; he'd risk Charles's ire and he can't aford to risk any more of Charles's ire.

But if they chose, for example, to hold a more intimate ceremony in Scotland at Craithie, or at St. Mary's at Sandringham, with no television feed at all, and everything paid for by Andrew (and the Queen), he might be able to get away with announcing a smaller guest list of only the closest family and friends.

Meghan, of course, could do the decent thing and once the date is announced find that that is exactly the couple of days she's making a private visit to America. Of course, she could also announce, the morning of the wedding on her IG account, without attending, that she's pregnant again and yet again stick it to the Yorks.

I just can't see, at this point, the BRF trying to pull off those lame Happy Families photo ops, with Meghan and Harry seated next to William and Kate at the front.

It's all gone too far for that.

by Anonymousreply 130October 10, 2019 12:36 PM

R125 - 100 BRF threads or bust!

Wie schaffen dis!

by Anonymousreply 131October 10, 2019 12:39 PM

Angela mädchen,

Bitte sitten sie down and shutten sie up.

by Anonymousreply 132October 10, 2019 1:34 PM

[quote]Good luck with that - OP isn't interested in keeping these threads alive so no doubt will start another as soon as the paywall goes up.

It's not a disinterest, it's a psychiatric disorder.

by Anonymousreply 133October 10, 2019 1:55 PM

A stunning portrait of the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 10, 2019 2:57 PM

Another beauty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 10, 2019 3:05 PM

And then HM at age 60 and morphed into her granny from Hell, Queen Mary.

by Anonymousreply 136October 10, 2019 3:18 PM

HM always looked like Queen Mary, even as a young woman. Queen Mary wasn't bad looking when young, though more attractive than beautiful, like HM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 10, 2019 3:23 PM

Luckily Queen Mary took after her grandmother, Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge, rather than her rather corpulent mother, Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 10, 2019 3:40 PM

^^^ that should be Princess Augusta of Hesse-Kassel ^^^

by Anonymousreply 139October 10, 2019 3:41 PM

I want more dirt on Klepto Queen Mary. Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 140October 10, 2019 5:07 PM

What are you, dear DL'ers - U or non-U? (It seems there is an awful lot of shade in the non-U column.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 10, 2019 5:25 PM

R132 - Danke, aber ich denke nicht.

R131

by Anonymousreply 142October 10, 2019 8:32 PM

R140 - It's not dirt, in fact, well-known history, but still interesting in light of modern views: Mary was selected for the heir Prince Edward, Duke of Clarence, by agreement amongst his father and mother, King Edward and Queen Alexandra (who had also been "selected" for King Edward a generation earlier). When Eddie died before he could marry Mary (allegedly of typhoid or the like, but possibly of dismay), Mary was simply passed on to the younger brother, the new heir, Prince George, Duke of York, like refreshments at a cocktail party. George, like his brother, meekly agreed, but it turned out to be a very successful marriage.

Mary was also in favour of legalising birth control for the masses. "Fancy telling them to go off and use self-control!" she once snorted.

And she would have beaten Meghan and Harry around the head with that damned umbrella she always had with her for tainting the sacred calling of royalty with mere celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 143October 10, 2019 8:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 10, 2019 10:01 PM

I love how they shadily made "social climbing" and "Soho Farmhouse" non-U.

by Anonymousreply 145October 10, 2019 10:38 PM

Yes, I caught that too r145 - it seems like Tatler's making another dig at the DoS

by Anonymousreply 146October 10, 2019 10:48 PM

Queen Mary was the world's greatest amateur curator. Besides all of her gorgeous and shady acquisitions for the Royal jewel vault, she also collected scores of antiques--clocks, furniture, bibelots, etc. She had a habit of simply asking for pieces she fancied in the great houses she visited, especially if at some point they'd ever been owned by the Royal family. It got so bad that folks took to hiding their best stuff before she came to visit, for fear of losing them to Magpie May.

by Anonymousreply 147October 10, 2019 11:26 PM

Tatler threw several grenades at the Sussexes and Megan especially in that article: SoHo Farmhouse (oooops!), Windsor (oooops!", public displays of abstinence (she's gotten Harry off all those bad things!), taking about yourself (double oooops!), social climbing (triple oooops!), air fresheners (oooops!).

by Anonymousreply 148October 10, 2019 11:40 PM

Lol r148 - all true - also, "dietary requirements"

by Anonymousreply 149October 10, 2019 11:42 PM

Also “New-U”:

Loving your parents/Living in central London

by Anonymousreply 150October 10, 2019 11:48 PM

r148 I think the worst is: Knowing about Yachts....

by Anonymousreply 151October 11, 2019 12:05 AM

There has to be some affection between Eug and Harry to get her to agree to use her house. That or she's a huge Sheeran fan.

by Anonymousreply 152October 11, 2019 12:45 AM

R147 is correct, I believe. I first read about Queen Mary's habits a long time ago, in a mystery novel from Michael Innes. He described an 'Acquisitive (sp) Senior Personage', who played a role in a plot line. He simply described her as 'admiring' pieces of art when she visited country homes, with the expectation that they'd be given to her. I'm American, so it was a long time before I realized who he was writing about.

by Anonymousreply 153October 11, 2019 1:16 AM

'To be over 110 pounds for a woman, no matter her height. is thought outre and unacceptable'

You guys really think Kate weighs 110lbs, which is less than 8 stone? More like about 9 stone, which is 126 lbs. She would look spindly and anorexic instead of slender and toned if she weighed 110 at that height.

by Anonymousreply 154October 11, 2019 1:56 AM

I was thinking 115-120, because she’s so tall (for a woman).

by Anonymousreply 155October 11, 2019 2:11 AM

Meghan just liked a post with this video on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156October 11, 2019 7:49 AM

Sorry, but I don’t think there’d be a “wave of sympathy” if a sex tape of Markle got out. She’s supposed to be a member of the royal family - and the idea is that they’re not to supposed to be the kind of people who would suck cock on tape, private or not.

Hypocritical maybe - but as has been pointed out continually, the public have to suspend disbelief in order to buy into the idea of royalty at all. It’s hard to do that when there is visual images of graphic sex. Tampongate was bad enough and still gets brought up even today, although it was clearly just a silly joke in a private conversation that PC & C didn’t know was being recorded. All a sex tape would do is prove yet again how un-classy Markle is.

Having said that, the sex tape Blind Gossip is talking about is a) very obviously not Markle and b) a porn film, not a private lovers tape.

And yeah, Tatler is not, and never has been, a Markle fan. Thank god. All the obsequious arse-licking from Harpers and Vogue is more than enough to be getting on with.

PH had a series of engagements yesterday. Anyone notice that the DM didn’t cover them at all? No mention even in passing. Ho hum.

by Anonymousreply 157October 11, 2019 9:02 AM

TamponGate isn't even accurate. What PC said was that he would like to come back as a pair of Cam's knickers, but with his luck, he'd come back as a tampon.

by Anonymousreply 158October 11, 2019 9:08 AM

The Tatler article was fun, but a bit contradictory: you can't at one and the same time say the North is now U and the southeast isn't, and then say living in central London (the Glorious Sunne around which the much richer southeast revolves) is U.

For those unfamiliar with England's regional "issues" (a microscosm of the Britain's regional issues), the North always has been poorer and less well, er, attended to that the southeast, and the Norh remains the economic stepchild of England. Poverty and longevity rates continue to be worse in the North than the southeast.y

If you are old enough to remember it, in one scene in "A Hard Day's Night" (a film I still cherish), Ringo, the Scouser (i.e., Liverpudlian), hurls the term, "Southener!" at someone as an insult.

But the North also holds some "identity" cachet - you know, all that Geordie-Scouse stuff. In one of the Inspector Lewis shows, Lewis at one point growls, "I gave up being a professional Geordie years ago."

You get the picture.

by Anonymousreply 159October 11, 2019 12:34 PM

From a practical perspective, Meghan's current course of action is the correct one. She will never be truly accepted in posh circles, and she's blotted her copybook almost beyond repair with the British public. May as well raise her profile as high as it can go, land some gigs Stateside, and GTFO. Whether Harry comes with or not is probably not much concern to her.

As soon as she has the second baby and gets her bod back, she's done with the BRF. She'll try to come back as a lifestyle guru OR latch on to the first billionaire who crosses her path and falls for her woke act.

by Anonymousreply 160October 11, 2019 12:38 PM

R159 I live in the South East & it’s a million miles (figuratively) from London. The two do not sit in the same bracket.

So no contradiction in that at all.

by Anonymousreply 161October 11, 2019 12:40 PM

So, Manchester & Liverpool.....U Central London.....U Chichester in West Sussex (where I live)....Non U

Sounds about right to be.

by Anonymousreply 162October 11, 2019 12:43 PM

Fucked the format. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 163October 11, 2019 12:43 PM

New blind item: 'Feud between alliterate actress and her in-laws just got much worse...shocking how once close family don't speak at all unless forced to by circumstance'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 11, 2019 1:08 PM

^^*non-u (not now u)

Southerner (not Southener)

R159

by Anonymousreply 165October 11, 2019 1:21 PM

R164 - My favourite comment below the BI is this one:

"Bros before hos guys, ditch them both."

by Anonymousreply 166October 11, 2019 1:24 PM

I liked that one too, R166.

Harry and his hard done by attitude has worn so thin.

William had the same trauma, plus had to manange his mother and her emotional outbursts as a small child. He has managed to do more than whinge. Harry also needs rehab.

by Anonymousreply 167October 11, 2019 1:31 PM

Harry has inherited the Spencer thickness and emotional instability, and he's been spoiled rotten on top of that. If he'd married the right woman it would have helped him, but he married someone who feeds into all of his worst tendencies. He'll never be any better while he's married to Meghan, and a divorce might make him even worse. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he died young of some dumb accident, just like his mother.

by Anonymousreply 168October 11, 2019 1:56 PM

Meghan’s not getting her body back. Maybe with liposuction around her waist area. (Fergie knows a guy...)

I think she’s aiming for a billionaire, too, like an Ari Onassis. Thought she’d cross paths with lots of them, swanning around Europe and the Mediterranean yachts. If Harry and Meghan are on the outs with the heavy hitter royals, they’re not going to be getting the elite invites. Harry on his own doesn’t have much cachet.

So where’s Meghan going to meet her jump-off?

by Anonymousreply 169October 11, 2019 1:57 PM

In my opinion, at this point in time, both Sussexes are evidencing serious mental health (irony of ironies) issues by acting out. Some signs are more superficial, such as what I really believe is Meghan's skewed body image, and some less so, like Harry's astonishing and mostly untrue rant on IG about the lawsuit and being willing to screw up an official tour arranged by the Foreign Office to pursue his personal agenda against the UK press. I think the drama created by the Sussexes around the birth and christening of Archie was also evidence of people living in their own world.

I would guess that Archie's christening was the last time the Cambridges will agree to prop up the Sussexes as family. The next time varied branches of the family appear together is a month from now on Remembrance Day. I wonder if the Sussexes will show up.

Last year, Meghan was placed alone with a guest, apart from the three senior royal ladies, and the Sussexes were in the last row and partly behind a curtain in the royal box at Albert Hall that evening. I wonder if the Sussexes will ditch that, too, this year.

If so, it would really finish off their public image as part of the BRF. I wonder what will happen.

by Anonymousreply 170October 11, 2019 2:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 11, 2019 3:11 PM

This is great: The Douche of Sussex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 11, 2019 3:12 PM

I agree that Remembrance Day will be a real litmus test for whether the Sussexes are wiling to make at least a basic nod to their duties as working Royals. My guess is they skip it to do some event they perceive as more important to their agenda.

by Anonymousreply 173October 11, 2019 3:25 PM

The Queen's eight great grandchildren.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 11, 2019 4:07 PM

Meghan's friend Jessica Mulroney has snagged her own TV show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 11, 2019 4:12 PM

Of course, on the International Day of The Girl which should be about OTHER FEMALES, MeMe posts her old speech on the Sussex Royal Instagram. God, she's so predictable and transparent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 11, 2019 4:16 PM

Fergie tagging along with Eugenie at a charity event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 11, 2019 4:18 PM

r173, Frozen2 comes out in UK on 22nd of Nov. Maybe they will have an early premier. Lion King took precedence over dead soldiers so another Disney film would fit perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 178October 11, 2019 4:19 PM

Tiara Time - The Fife Tiara Part One.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 11, 2019 4:20 PM

Fife Tiara - Part Two. Edward VII's homely daughter The Princess Royal wearing the tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 11, 2019 4:21 PM

r179. Thanks. That is a beautiful tiara. I don't think I have seen that before. I wonder how they hid it from Mary when she came to call!

by Anonymousreply 181October 11, 2019 4:23 PM

A cheeky grin from Will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 11, 2019 4:25 PM

As much as I disliked Diana for her antics. i do think she was empathetic and I think William has inherited that side of her. Harry fakes it with the touchy feely huggy crap. Hugging strangers is the stuff of nightmares to me, i would run away from him.

by Anonymousreply 183October 11, 2019 4:35 PM

R183, I'd kick him in the nuts that hard just to make sure Archie will remain a single child.

by Anonymousreply 184October 11, 2019 5:28 PM

God R175 that picture of Mulphoney trying to force a Pippa moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 11, 2019 5:36 PM

The Fife is stunning. The princess wearing it is actually the spit of her mother, Queen Alexandra, nee Princess Alexandra of Denmark. Queen Alexandra was considered a beauty in her day, and also held onto her looks into her sixties, making things somewhat difficult for her daughter-in-law, the future Queen Mary. The daughters of Edward VII and Queen Alexandra were quite condescending to Mary, as she was born only a Serene Highness, not a Royal Highness. Eventually, of course, Mary turned into Her Majesty and stuck it to them all.

by Anonymousreply 186October 11, 2019 5:53 PM

My hair is that curly so I can relate, but was that theirs or did they perm then? ( in Alex and Mary's day)

by Anonymousreply 187October 11, 2019 6:34 PM

They did have curling irons, heated up on a wood stove. They also had "rag curlers" using wads of cotton and strips of cloth. Setting lotion = beer.

Permanent waves were invented in 1906 per my googling.

by Anonymousreply 188October 11, 2019 7:18 PM

R187 - Mary, I know, wore what was called a "fascinator" toward the front of her hair to frame her forehead with curls. Whether her mother-in-law and sisters-in-law wore them as well hasn't been written about as Mary's was, but as so many women wore them in the Victorian era, it's likely they all did. I do seem to remember that in one of the early chapters of Galsworthy's "The Forsyte Saga", which begins in the1880s, one of the old spinster aunts is described as wearing one, so I imagine it was very common.

As women regardless of station daily wore hats and bonnets, I imagine the fascinators added some "ballast", as it were, to holding the headgear on and in place.

The heroine of the novel, the beautiful Irene, I suspect, did not need one.

by Anonymousreply 189October 11, 2019 7:32 PM

The trench-coat style dresses that M wore so often on the SA nagged at me beyond the obvious ill-fitting, not flattering, etc. Today it occurred to me what it is.

One, they could be perceived by some observers as having a touch of a militarist air. Perhaps on some level Harry finds this pleasing reminding him of his service days. A very astute poster brought up NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming). A subtle mind manipulation?

Two, and most importantly, add a pith helmet, khaki trousers and boots and she's channeling the English upper classes on safari or expedition in Africa. Would a truly intelligent and woke individual do this? Or perhaps I am the only one seeing this?

by Anonymousreply 190October 11, 2019 7:40 PM

R189 - "Galsworthy's "The Forsyte Saga", is this book worth reading?

by Anonymousreply 191October 11, 2019 7:41 PM

Will watching football (soccer).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 11, 2019 7:52 PM

R191 - It is one of my very favourites. However, it is very long and Galsworthy's prose very dense. In my opinion, it is beautifully observed and filled with irony, and while undoubtedly a Great Book, it is not an Important Book, as, say, Anna Karenina is.

I mention AK because the two novels have some parallel themes: they take place in the laste 19th century when women's rights were increasingly a topic of discussion; the impact on several lives of a beautiful woman trapped in a loveless marriage; the hypocrisy of the surrounding society; and the vulnerability of the position of women without money of their own.

That said, Russian aristocratic circles and English upper-middle-class circles of the era were somewhat different.

I adore both novels, but TFS is easily 900 pages and covers two generations, so it's your call whether something so "written", for lack of a better word, is your thing.

The remake of the book was a travesty, by the way, of Galsworthy's points of view and the characterisations.

Galsworthy, by the way, was an ardent feminist.

by Anonymousreply 193October 11, 2019 7:56 PM

Thanks r188 ans r189. The BBC did the Forsyte saga when I was a child. i think it can be found on the evilweb,,I have been meaning to rewatch for ages.

by Anonymousreply 194October 11, 2019 8:41 PM

The first filming of the book for PBS was much better than the second one.

by Anonymousreply 195October 11, 2019 8:59 PM

r184, I love you

by Anonymousreply 196October 11, 2019 10:04 PM

On a subway newsstand, I saw a magazine that shouted that Kate is pregnant with her fourth child, due in December.

That’s not true, is it? How can they print these things?

by Anonymousreply 197October 11, 2019 10:37 PM

R197 - Was it the Globe? They print the most outrageous things.

Yes, we just saw her out in culottes with a front as smooth as an ironing board, but she's actually 7 months along.

by Anonymousreply 198October 11, 2019 10:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 11, 2019 11:06 PM

[quote]A family on the throne is an interesting idea. It brings down the pride of sovereignty to the level of petty life.

-Walter Bagehot

by Anonymousreply 200October 11, 2019 11:10 PM

R198, it might have been OK or HELLO. And it might have been an old issue. I googled and that seems to be a perpetual story: Kate’s Fourth.

by Anonymousreply 201October 11, 2019 11:14 PM

Hello would never dare publish news of a royal pregnancy unless they were tapped to break the news or unless there's already been an official announcement. Never.

by Anonymousreply 202October 11, 2019 11:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 12, 2019 12:11 AM

I'm R203, If this was already linked, I apologize. I had a long day at work, so I may have posted something someone else already has.

by Anonymousreply 204October 12, 2019 12:12 AM

If you click on r203's video you see that when MM gets out of the car in her khaki trench dress, one of the buttons is only half buttoned and about to become undone. It's sloppiness like this that really puzzles me. I mean, any woman in my office would be mortified to walk around like that, and it's not as though public appearances is their job, as it is Meghan's. It's mystifying - does Meghan's dresser hate her or something?

by Anonymousreply 205October 12, 2019 12:17 AM

Good heavens, the video at r203, really all that screaming like she is Madonna? Oh hell what have we let lose on the world.

by Anonymousreply 206October 12, 2019 12:26 AM

It's turned into a Cambridge v Sussex thing but the only ones I like are Kate and Harry. Meghan it's all been said so I won't go into it but it's who William really is that gnaws at me. Theres an instinct in me that says it's true he's a villain and more of a Windsor. He's cold, unfeeling, passive aggressive, isn't in love with Kate and treated her badly. He's square and disconnected. Controlling, rude etc. I can see why he would be so damaged but he was thought be such a sweet, polite youngster I hope these things aren't true. Saw a post on tumblr where they said they met him and he's prickly, condescending and all that. If true I can see why Harry would have an issue if he was portrayed as the baddie when in real he was the good one all along.

by Anonymousreply 207October 12, 2019 12:31 AM

That's the part that bothers me. She's already recently been praised by Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama. I don't understand why. She presents herself as a feminist, but her whole life has been about being supported by men (her father, who paid her tuition, her uncle, who sponsored her an internship, her first husband, who helped her get a job, and her current husband, who has offered her a world stage.) What has she ever accomplished, in her own right? If she had actual credentials, it would be different. Girls all over the world seem to look up to her as an icon. Marry into a rich, very connected family, and you'll have a great life, too. That's all old news.

by Anonymousreply 208October 12, 2019 12:35 AM

r205, Big independent women are quite capable of saying if they need a new button. SHE WAS HAPPY WITH HER GODDAM BUTTON!!!!

she liked the look of it :))

by Anonymousreply 209October 12, 2019 12:35 AM

r207. You sound about 12 reading fanfic. William is happilly married and just getting on with the job.

by Anonymousreply 210October 12, 2019 12:42 AM

R190, I thought I was the only one seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 211October 12, 2019 2:29 AM

R207 has such a wild imagination, imagining vile stuff that is probably only in her twisted mind. Take your meds, nan.

by Anonymousreply 212October 12, 2019 3:37 AM

R212, pretty ironic coming from somebody who spins wild theories about Meghan being desperate to divorce Harry and marry a billionaire.

William does seem stern and bossy. Not much evidence of love or attraction between them. He even waited a decade to marry her.

by Anonymousreply 213October 12, 2019 8:29 AM

I think Kate was too compliant and William lost respect for her. Both Chelsy and Cressida took Harry to task for cheating and probably dumped him over this. I would be surprised if Kate doesn't have to accept extramarital affairs as part of the price of being married to PW, and only draws a line when it's a personal friend like Rose Rocksavage was.

by Anonymousreply 214October 12, 2019 8:36 AM

For those of you who are amused by Danja Zone, her latest video explains why the Harkles will likely settle in Canada instead of in CA.

Shills and trolls need not respond.

by Anonymousreply 215October 12, 2019 8:39 AM

R215 Please stop misusing the word “troll”. It doesn’t mean someone who disagrees with you.

Quite what your fascination is with that YouTube weirdo, I have no idea, but why continually bring that shit up here?

by Anonymousreply 216October 12, 2019 9:15 AM

[R211], thank you.

[R209], lol!

[R205], that is the sort of thing which makes me wonder if it is some sort of way of tiltilating H. Loose, plunging v necklines, straining buttons, holding the lower flaps of the dress together in addition to the previously mentioned faint militarist air. Hey, that second baby isn't going to happen by itself you know. Regardless, so many pictures and I think she and H both need these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 12, 2019 9:29 AM

^ "I dressed myself today" buttons or pin badges

by Anonymousreply 218October 12, 2019 9:37 AM

The military/safari look isn’t significant, IMO. Back when I was letting magazines tell me what to wear, I remember that “look” being featured every so often in them. Ralph Lauren does it a lot, and we all know how classy his clothing is (*eyeroll*).

I do agree she should be careful with it, though, when visiting certain places.

by Anonymousreply 219October 12, 2019 11:06 AM

r208 It's because she is black. Everything she does is groundbreaking now...

by Anonymousreply 220October 12, 2019 12:18 PM

R214, like Princess Diana, fails to grasp how the British aristocracy has conducted its marriages for the past 1,000 years.

by Anonymousreply 221October 12, 2019 12:20 PM

[quote]He even waited a decade to marry her.

Wills "waited" because he was hoping Isabella Calthorpe would finally say yes. One of the reasons he and Waitey broke up in 2007 was because Isabella was making okay okay I'll marry you noises. In the end, Isabella spurned Wills, and he went back to Waitey. Isabella definitely traded up marrying Sam Branson.

by Anonymousreply 222October 12, 2019 12:27 PM

Well, Kate certainly got a better deal when Harry and Cressida broke up, and Harry instead married someone who made Kate looked like the Perfect English Princess, instead of the blonde blue-eyed English Rose, a genuine arista who would have given Kate much more of a run for her money, and who also happened to be Calthorpe's half-sister.

A curious little bit of gossip: Cressida's fiance, Harry Wentworth-Stanley, is the son of Clare Mountbatten, Marchioness of Milford Haven,who just happens to be the social editor for "Tatler".

Given that Cressida's experience of Harry doesn't seem to have been altogether admiring, and one can guess the views of that set on the antics of the Wannabe L.A. grifter, perhaps the Tatler's sly shading of Meghan at every opportunity has been encouraged by its social editor, soon to be the mother-in-law of that very same Cressida Bonas that Harry mistreated.

by Anonymousreply 223October 12, 2019 12:58 PM

R223 Did Ginger really mistreat Cressie? Or did he have a moment of sanity, realized that Cressie's various family members/relations are even more fucked up than his?

(Cressie has seven half-siblings: three paternal half-brothers from her father's first marriage; one maternal half-sister from her mother's first marriage; and two maternal half-sisters and a maternal half-brother from her mother's second marriage, including Wills' ex Isabella Calthorpe. Cressie's mum has been married/divorced 4 times.)

by Anonymousreply 224October 12, 2019 1:16 PM

No, the insane ginger met a mother better than even a little prince could dream of: Meghan Golddigger Markle

by Anonymousreply 225October 12, 2019 1:22 PM

R224 - To answer your question, I doubt Cressida or her family saw it that way. What you or I think on DL is one thing, but it's what they think that matters. And, frankly, the rates of divorce and remarriage in those aristocratic circles and landed gentry suggest that the Bonas-Calthorpe clan was hardly unique in scatterings of half-siblings and multiple divorces.

I think Cressida knew that Harry wasn't that keen on her underneath it all and he probably treated her accordingly. Her mysterious quote on her IG account after his engagement to Meghan was announced suggests she feels she had a legitimate complaint about his treatment of her.

Watching the godawful mess Meghan and Harry have made of things in such a short time, Cressida is probably thinking, "There but for the grace of God . . ." and looking appreciatively at the much better looking, quite socially appropriate and desirable hunk who put that gorgeous ruby and diamond engagement ring on her finger.

by Anonymousreply 226October 12, 2019 1:57 PM

But she's not black, r220....

by Anonymousreply 227October 12, 2019 2:05 PM

Fuck off, R216. Stop playing hall monitor before everyone blocks YOU. Scroll on by if your delicate sensibilities are triggered.

R215 can post LINKS if he wants to.

by Anonymousreply 228October 12, 2019 2:32 PM

Harry's best choice would have been Chelsy Davy: a jolly aristo his family liked who will inherit substantial landholdings in Zimbabwe. A genuine bohemian who would have contrasted beautifully with the more conservative Kate. Her family's wealth and land would have provided him with a getaway when he needed it and also given his children the possibility of inheriting something besides empty titles.

by Anonymousreply 229October 12, 2019 3:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 12, 2019 3:44 PM

The following is from CDAN, so absolute bath tub of salt. What do you think about the validity of this revealed BI about Meghan: There is a celebrity drug dealer in NYC who caters only to the elite. He has also killed off a few over the years. Apparently he was told to be prepared to bring his best coke tonight for a very VIP guest. She has a lot of partying to make up on. Meghan Markle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 12, 2019 3:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 12, 2019 3:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 12, 2019 3:50 PM

R231 I’ve always thought it absolutely ridiculous that Markle would have to go abroad to do coke. Why doesn’t she just ask her husband for some?

by Anonymousreply 234October 12, 2019 3:53 PM

Swipe for some of the jewels of the Victoria Exhibition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235October 12, 2019 4:04 PM

R231-It was said at the time that was the real reason Markle wanted to take Amal's private jet - to bring a suitcase of coke back for her and Harry. Old gossip. Maybe true, likely not.

by Anonymousreply 236October 12, 2019 4:13 PM

Thanks, R235.

Interesting at the mechanics of changing that diamond tiara to a necklace.

And THOSE EMERALDS!!! Particularly the tiara.

Wow.

Truly lovely.

by Anonymousreply 237October 12, 2019 4:15 PM

R233-Kate's ex aide looks kinda like Rose. Just sayin'. Does Wills have a type?

by Anonymousreply 238October 12, 2019 4:17 PM

R227 - Excatly, that's the irony. She's not black, she's mixed race; she's spent her life downplaying evidence of her African DNA with the hair and nose, has zero contact with her black relatives except for her mother (who is only too happy to stay far away from Meghan most of the time), spent her entire life "leaning white", as they say, with only white boyfriends and husbands, and a social circle from Toronto that was entirely white, but . . . used race to put Harry and the BRF in a corner, and parades herself around whilst in Africa as a Sister, whilst showing off her lily-white baby to the world.

She has more in common with Misha Nonoo and Jessica Mulroney than she does with any woman in the crowds last week in Africa.

But when she needs to carve out a groundbreaker niche, or try to intimidate critics, she gladly pulls out the other half of her DNA.

by Anonymousreply 239October 12, 2019 5:15 PM

R232, We rarely talk about Princess Eugenie's marriage. How are the lovely twosome getting along? What's the gossip? Would he still be working as a liquor promoter?

by Anonymousreply 240October 12, 2019 5:21 PM

R231 - CDAN prints anything, so, yes, bathtub full of salt.

by Anonymousreply 241October 12, 2019 5:24 PM

R238 - Yes, Wills has a type. Hint: nothing like Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 242October 12, 2019 5:25 PM

So, is the story that Sparkle & Dim are moving to Canada now?

That the Malibu house is out because of visa requirements for Harry coming to the US?

And because MM's best buddy JM has got her own TV gig.

'Ol Jess better watch out. Sparkle, being the user she is, perhaps imagines replacing Jess and taking over.

by Anonymousreply 243October 12, 2019 6:07 PM

That's a cute video, R232.

The highlight of last year's two royal weddings was DL's commentary. Let's hope Beatrice's is televised as well.

by Anonymousreply 244October 12, 2019 6:16 PM

R233, not sure how the split made her redundant. There weren’t enough assistants to manage anymore? There’s more to the story, but I don’t know that it’s Meg and Harry’s fault. My best guess is she leaked something to the press.

by Anonymousreply 245October 12, 2019 6:43 PM

It didn't - Meghan planted it, obvs

by Anonymousreply 246October 12, 2019 6:46 PM

re Tiara gate:

Being a pompous and demanding bitch ever overestimating her position, perhaps Meghan wanted one of Queen Victoria's tiaras for her wedding, like the one in R235's link.

by Anonymousreply 247October 12, 2019 7:32 PM

William has a bitchy side that’s for sure. Remember when he was asked about his feelings on becoming an uncle and he said “I’ve already been an uncle” as if Pippa’s son and Harry’sson are the same for him. That was COLD.

by Anonymousreply 248October 12, 2019 7:38 PM

Where was that r248? I only ever saw the welcome to the sleepless club Comment

by Anonymousreply 249October 12, 2019 7:39 PM

There was a video on DM, R249, of Will and Kate arriving at some event and they were asked about “the recent exciting event” or smth like that, obviously angled at Archie’s birth. Kate downplayed it by talking about her kids birthdays first (as if anyone was interested, lol). Then the reporter asked Will more pointedly how he feels about becoming an uncle, and Wills said what he said. The Cambridges are petty AF.

by Anonymousreply 250October 12, 2019 7:53 PM

r250. maybe the super secret member of his family had asked him not to comment.

by Anonymousreply 251October 12, 2019 7:56 PM

That's nonsense and you know it, R250.

by Anonymousreply 252October 12, 2019 7:57 PM

I’d hardly call this cold

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 12, 2019 7:59 PM

William's response was lovely and gracious. Not even remotely petty. It says volumes that he considers Pippa his family and therefore her son a just as much a nephew as Archie. That's to be commended.

by Anonymousreply 254October 12, 2019 8:09 PM

Yeah, I don't get what was offensive about William's comment about already being an uncle. He was just being inclusive of Pippa's son, surely?

Anyway, if Beatrice decides to eschew a tiara in favour of a fascinator on her wedding day, I've found the perfect collection for her! I particularly like the toadstool one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 12, 2019 8:20 PM

Pippa’s son is just a regular Joe, no offense to him (and that’s if you choose to gloss over the sordid family history of Pippa’s husband). Archie is much more important. He’s the first biracial baby born in the BRF. First half-American baby. He is of great political, cultural, historical importance based on that only. Not to mention he is the firstborn son of William’s only brother. He should have acknowledged that. Yet he didn’t and you know why - he hates it when the Sussexes get ANY positive attention.

by Anonymousreply 256October 12, 2019 8:28 PM

You’re an idiot r256.

by Anonymousreply 257October 12, 2019 8:35 PM

R256, take a Xanax. Archie is not of "great political, cultural and historical importance." He's 7th in line, and as has been pointed out on these threads ad nauseam, there is a long history of people with mixed backgrounds marrying into the aristocracy and monarchy. Markle is not the great harbinger of social change obsessed fans want her to be. Besides, the question straight up to Will was how it would feel to be an uncle. As he pointed out, he already was one but was rather gleefully looking forward to welcoming his brother to the insomnia club. What was he supposed to do - drop to his knees and genuflect at the prospect of Archie's passing through Markle's vagina? Christ on a Crutch.

by Anonymousreply 258October 12, 2019 8:36 PM

As a mixed race man myself, and with a Meghan-ish complexion, her child is white AF. Being ¼ black, and that’s IF Doria is 100% herself, which is rare with African Americans, is hardly life changing.

by Anonymousreply 259October 12, 2019 8:40 PM

[quote] Archie [...] is of great political, cultural, historical importance

Hahahahaha, R256 ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, thanks for the laugh!

by Anonymousreply 260October 12, 2019 8:48 PM

Archie is either a quadroon or an octoroon, not biracial.

by Anonymousreply 261October 12, 2019 8:50 PM

Quadroon, octaroon... I’ll tell you what. He is MArooned. On a little island with his asshole parents. Isolated from his mother’s family and his father’s family. Maybe he’ll get to play with other Sunshine Sachs client kids when there’s a camera nearby.

by Anonymousreply 262October 12, 2019 8:54 PM

I don't remember seeing this photo of Eugenie when she married a year ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 12, 2019 9:02 PM

Albert designed this diamond and sapphire coronet for Queen Victoria. Swipe for details.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 12, 2019 9:07 PM

Eugenie's wedding gown is a dress I admire even a full year after she got married in it.

by Anonymousreply 265October 12, 2019 9:08 PM

A whopper of a tiara for Eugenie. Swipe for more photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 12, 2019 9:09 PM

Archie has his mother's brown eyes but he most resembles Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 12, 2019 9:11 PM

And you’re worse than Hitler, R256.

by Anonymousreply 268October 12, 2019 9:12 PM

Who can forget the antics of Fergie, the mother of the bride?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 12, 2019 9:13 PM

Archie looks like a baby version of a bit of Harry blended with LOTS of Thomas Markle.

by Anonymousreply 270October 12, 2019 9:14 PM

That is so tiny, R264, but utterly, fantastically dazzling.

by Anonymousreply 271October 12, 2019 9:15 PM

A young Meghan and her mother with a supposed cousin. Was he invited to her wedding to Harry?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 12, 2019 9:17 PM

Has this departure been discussed before or is it the case of another staff member biting the dust? I really can't keep up with all of the comings and goings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273October 12, 2019 9:23 PM

Of course not, R272, lol.

Look at that conk in Meghan's face and look at her nose now. Did she get rid of that honker by working on it with a grinder?

by Anonymousreply 274October 12, 2019 9:24 PM

R273-Cohen always planned on leaving, but the Queen requested that she stay longer to help Markle settle. That doesn't mean the woman isn't doing cartwheels out the door trilling, "I'm free! Free!" Back to Eugenie's dress. It was stunning and distinctive. I think it will go down as a classic look. Diana's, bu history's light, was horrendous. Eugenie's will be iconic. Oddly, the most stunning dress I ever saw was Nicky Hilton's.

by Anonymousreply 275October 12, 2019 9:27 PM

R274-the thing is Meg's nose wasn't that bad. Kate's was actually worse. I don't begrudge either of them the work, except for the criticism that Meghan was trying as hard as she could to ditch her heritage.

by Anonymousreply 276October 12, 2019 9:29 PM

You'll never convince me Meghan wasn't angling for the Greville Emerald tiara. The tiara she did get was a watered-down version of the Greville. A stunning emerald tiara would have looked far better with her plain dress and helped her make emeralds her signature stone. No wonder she pitched a fit when denied it.

by Anonymousreply 277October 12, 2019 9:30 PM

The funny thing is, with her real face she looks much more likeable.

by Anonymousreply 278October 12, 2019 9:33 PM

R277-Agree. It's kind of gobsmacking to me that she was even thinking along those lines. It's so calculated. Not, "I'm marrying the man I love and am incredibly fortunate to also marry into this family with its history and privilege," but rather, "I have to use this opportunity to establish myself as a fashion icon." That line of thinking is just so foreign and bizarre to me.

by Anonymousreply 279October 12, 2019 9:34 PM

R278-I concur. She was far more attractive before the plastic surgery, skin bleaching and hair straightening. She removed everything that made her beautiful and instead became bland.

by Anonymousreply 280October 12, 2019 9:36 PM

Perhaps she wasn't aiming for the Greville tiara, R277, but she was certainly looking for a spectacular one - a much more spectacular one than the rather demure one Kate wore.

by Anonymousreply 281October 12, 2019 9:36 PM

She was more attractive, but much more African American looking. She obviously didn't want a truly biracial look, but an ethnically ambiguous look that would help her audition for the maximum number of roles.

by Anonymousreply 282October 12, 2019 9:38 PM

R282 I don’t think it was just about acting roles. She joined a white sorority at college.

She wanted to be white. Her choice, but it’s now repellent having to listen to her “proud woman of colour” shit.

by Anonymousreply 283October 12, 2019 9:42 PM

Here's why I think it was the Greville that Meghan wanted: The BRF doesn't have that many emerald tiaras. I don't think even Meghan would have asked for the Vladimir, which only HM wears, and Victoria's emerald tiara is very fragile and not nearly as modern in design as the Greville, with its giant, camera-catching center stone. The Greville was quite obscure before Eugenie wore it--I don't think it had been seen publicly since the late 40s. But those in the inner circle would have known about the Greville because Eugenie had been planning her wedding for a long time, and emerald green was a signature color--it was on the invitations and in the bridesmaids dresses, all designed to match that stunning tiara.

Meghan had already taken Eugenie's wedding date, which gave her an inflated sense of her own importance. She probably thought Eugenie's tiara would be hers for the taking as well. She didn't think about the fact that Eugenie didn't step aside for Meghan but for Harry, who is further up the food chain in the BRF. When Meghan tried to snatch the Greville, it was made clear to her that a married-in wouldn't ever get a tiara that a blood princess had already reserved. Hence, the tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 284October 12, 2019 9:45 PM

Also, hence the maternity coat stunt at the wedding, when Meghan was all of a couple of months pregnant and the fetus was the size of a raspberry. She could have worn a leather catsuit and nobody would have seen the bump. If Eugenie is still able to be civil to Meghan after all that, it's a true testament to her kind nature.

by Anonymousreply 285October 12, 2019 9:50 PM

Frankly, the Greville tiara would've looked odd on Meghan. No idea whether her being obsessed with emeralds is just a rumour or whether this is a real fixation of hers - but I think emeralds don't match with her skin tone.

But in case she is obsessed with emeralds, she might have had another tiara in sight. Probably not the Vladimir tiara, though. I'm thinking of the great emerald tiara you can see in R235's pic. Plus, it's a tiara associated with Queen Victoria - and Meghan with her self-importance would've LOVED to wear a tiara that belonged not to a queen by marriage but to a Queen in her own right.

by Anonymousreply 286October 12, 2019 9:55 PM

R285-Until Meghan's wedding stunt, I always thought of the York sisters as a bit of a joke. An unintended consequence of Meg's antics is that she made many people, I think, reappraise both Eugenie and Beatrice as kind and dignified.

by Anonymousreply 287October 12, 2019 9:55 PM

Eugenie was one of the first to welcome the Sussexes on Instagram. At one of the Christmas photo ops in Scotland, she can be seen putting a fond hand on Meghan's back. The York sisters may have some appalling parents, but I don't think they can be blamed for them. They're both very sweet and earnest in interviews. I posted on one of the other threads a link to a Flight Attendants forum, where Bea was repeatedly praised as very polite and considerate.

R287, I agree. We've made much fun of their fashion sense, but I've grown to feel protective of them.

by Anonymousreply 288October 12, 2019 9:58 PM

Victoria's tiara is very old-fashioned looking, though, and wouldn't have meshed well with the minimalist cut of Meghan's wedding gown. Also, I don't think anybody could wear the piece, as it's quite old and fragile. I agree that emerald green would have been a bad choice for Meghan: It's Kate who really shines in green. If Meghan wanted a colored stone tiara, she should have angled for the Oriental tiara, which hasn't been a favorite of anyone's since the Queen Mum died and has a really stunning, ruby-studded design. Its spiky look would have looked fantastic with a plain gown. Meghan could then have made rubies her signature stone, which would have suited her coloring beautifully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289October 12, 2019 9:59 PM

It's too bad the Danish RF's Rosenborg garnet and pearl tiara had been sold at auction a few years before Harry and Meghan got married: It would have been a fantastic choice and could have become the Sussex tiara. However, perhaps garnets wouldn't have been thought grand enough, though they would look lovely on any olive-skinned brunette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290October 12, 2019 10:07 PM

Actually, the Rosenborg didn't end up selling at the auction, so perhaps it could still be scooped up. But at an estimated value of 200K, I doubt Harry will be buying it for Megs any time soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 12, 2019 10:09 PM

Ah, but rubies and garnets don't carry the same symbolism that emeralds do. Green is a symbol of spring, rebirth and hope. It's a very "woke" color and quite in keeping with the humanitarian persona Markle keeps trying to make happen.

by Anonymousreply 292October 12, 2019 10:10 PM

True, true. But she could have spun red as a 'power' color for a strong, woke African American princess blah blah blah. The problem with Meghan is she isn't nearly as good at the PR game as she thinks she is.

by Anonymousreply 293October 12, 2019 10:13 PM

If Meghan really wanted something different, she should have seen if the Triumph of Love tiara was still available (it's not clear if Margaret willed it back to her sister when she died or not). You don't see many turquoise tiaras, especially high quality Persian turquoise. A totally unique piece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294October 12, 2019 10:18 PM

I've really been enjoying all these tiaras. Keep it up!

by Anonymousreply 295October 12, 2019 10:24 PM

Not a tiara, but a crown. Sadly a rather nonfamous one. The crown of Scotland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 12, 2019 10:43 PM

R289, I always say that about Meghan - she should wear rubies. Rubies and pearls.

But no.

by Anonymousreply 297October 12, 2019 11:20 PM

No one was resting their hand affectionately on Meghan's back. If you watch the video, you will see it was a brief gesture in which to hurry past her, and literally run past her and into the church. The #stupidsquad poster on here I see is trying SO hard to make her lies about the Cambridge's happen. It's embarrassing. Your jealousy is showing dear. And Kate never had a nose job. Meghan clearly has, yet STILL has a ski slope. No amount of surgery can help that homely bint.

by Anonymousreply 298October 13, 2019 12:47 AM

Kate most likely did have a nose job, and I don't't blame her. It's not a big deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299October 13, 2019 12:56 AM

Hard to tell, r299. The change could be the result of weight loss. We need photos of a thinner Kate to compare.

by Anonymousreply 300October 13, 2019 1:15 AM

Noses don't shrink when you lose weight. If anything they appear even larger because the fact thins. It looks like Kate had her tip narrowed. Again, zero is wrong with that. She had a great surgeon. Meghan did not. Another thing Kate seems to have beaten her at.

by Anonymousreply 301October 13, 2019 1:27 AM

I will have to disagree about noses not shrinking, from personal experience.

by Anonymousreply 302October 13, 2019 1:28 AM

Really, R302? That's interesting. I've never heard of anyone having smaller noses with weight loss. I will defer to your personal experience and take your word for it.

by Anonymousreply 303October 13, 2019 1:30 AM

The nose job isn't the issue: Most of Hollywood has had rhinoplasty. The problem is her total and complete lack of authenticity, responsibility, and compassion. Sadly, there is no surgery that can make you a better person.

by Anonymousreply 304October 13, 2019 1:30 AM

My feet shrunk a half size as well r303.

by Anonymousreply 305October 13, 2019 1:32 AM

It does look like Kate had a nose job, but the work is subtle and well-done. Of course, she was just refining the tip, not trying to change the entire shape, as Meghan was. The more extreme the surgery, the less certain the results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306October 13, 2019 1:35 AM

Holy moly, R305. That's crazy! You must really have dropped a lot. I hope it was for healthy reasons and not due to illness. Well done, if the former!

by Anonymousreply 307October 13, 2019 1:36 AM

R306-that's a good "before." It was a masterful job, and Kate looks good. Again, nothing wrong with it, and to beat a dead horse, another case where she effortlessly runs circles around Meghan. Restraint is classy. Flash and attention seeking, the very opposite.

by Anonymousreply 308October 13, 2019 1:38 AM

I think Kate's nose reflects her dramatic weight loss. As someone above mentioned, noses can change after a significant body percentage is lost. Kate lost at least 15-20 percent of her already slimmish body weight. And feet definitely do change too.

by Anonymousreply 309October 13, 2019 6:41 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310October 13, 2019 6:49 AM

Yeah, R167, I wonder if William has a more realistic view of his mother, having been older and having been the one she drew into (or got who got drawn into) all the parental dramas. Maybe now that he's a father of three and fast approaching middle age, he can appreciate having a no-drama wife.

by Anonymousreply 311October 13, 2019 9:17 AM

Any rubies and pearls she wears in future, r293 will have to be supplied by her next husband.

Harry is notoriously cheap and the Queen has cut her off from the contents of the vault - for life.

by Anonymousreply 312October 13, 2019 9:23 AM

[QUOTE] Harry is notoriously cheap and the Queen has cut her off from the contents of the vault - for life

And it's the melodramatic Royal Insider Troll again, who works in the KP Accounts Dept! Unlike Kate, Meghan is independently wealthy and can afford her own jewellery.

You fraus really do think Kate et al live to wear these nasty, heavy, dated tiaras, don't you? They probably dread it. The sashes are ugly too.

by Anonymousreply 313October 13, 2019 9:29 AM

If you say so, r313.....

by Anonymousreply 314October 13, 2019 9:30 AM

Troll Register

Tiara Troll

Welp/Modest Management Shill Troll

Meghan is Thirsty for the Queen's Jewels Troll

Essays Troll

Celebitchy Obsessive Troll

Meg is Fat Troll

by Anonymousreply 315October 13, 2019 9:31 AM

Oh! Look! Megbot at r315! You're back! Things a bit quiet over at Celebitichy, are they?

by Anonymousreply 316October 13, 2019 9:35 AM

Oh, please. Kate has not had a nose job. If you compare anyone’s early adolescent nose to their adult nose, then we’ve all had nose jobs. Go look at photos when you were 12 or 13 and compare it to photos of yourself 10 years later. That’s simply how faces grow: your nose grows first and then the rest of your face (including cheekbones) catches up later.

by Anonymousreply 317October 13, 2019 11:42 AM

R256 - Yes, that's right, William has to dole out his family feelings on the spectrum the PC Brigade orders him to do, but what I find hilarious about your comment is that stating that Archie is "important" because of his African DNA, which, oddly . . .

is invisible. That kid is nearly entirely white, which is what his mother desperately wanted for him, and that's what he looks: white.

William IS Pippa's child's uncle by marriage. If I had married straight when my sister became a mother, my wife would have been called "Aunt [xxx]" to my sister's children.

Archie's DNA is meaningless because his Mum made sure to breed with a man whose DNA would ensure that. Pippa and Kate are very close, and you can put your money on Pippa's and Kate's children having close cousinely relationships, exchanging visits and ever larger family Christmases . . .

Whilst Meghan Markle also makes damn sure that she continues her journey toward separating Harry from the entire rest of his family.

Including Archie's "Uncle William".

by Anonymousreply 318October 13, 2019 12:35 PM

R313 - "Independently wealthy"??!!! Oh, my sides!

A c-list actress in a secondary role on a cheap cable show, who only had the one decent acting job in her entire life, who didn't even own her own home . . . independently wealthy!!!!

Yeah! She can afford to buy her own jewellery! Why on earth would she let Harry and Charles buy it for her, right?! She has no form there, right? She routinely bought herself hundreds of thousands worth of jewellery before she married Harry. She buys those badly fitting $15,000 dresses and $3,000 handbags, too!

Her Wokeness didn't think there might be something wrong with taxpayers paying for renovations to her five-bedroom "cottage", why would she mind the BRF, which is to say, Harry via Charles's annual "supplment" to Harry's otherwise merely upper-middle-class personal income, buying her some trinkets?

You moron: she married him so someone else could fund the lifestyle to which she so nakedly aspired, including the jewellery.

And, by the way, tiaras are worn to things like diplomatic receptions, foreign embassy dinners, state banquets . . . you don't wear them visiting schools or hospitals or opening art exhibitions. Meghan doesn't have a tiara because she has no place to wear one - they haven't included her in any of those..

And after she stuck two fingers up to the Foreign Office, and her African hosts, and the Queen, and the British taxpayer (who also pay for those tours, by the way) on the last leg of that second-rate photo-op tour, you can bet your arse she's not going to be invited by the BRF to anything that requires a tiara. I think the Queen is done doing Meghan any favours, like inviting her back in for the loan of a tiara, the way she does Kate.

You can buy tiaras for less money than you think if you don't aim too high. Harry, I'm sure, could easily have bought her one for 30,000 quid or so.

The problem is, where would Meghan wear it?

by Anonymousreply 319October 13, 2019 1:02 PM

R287 - You know, I hadn't thought of it in quite that light, but you're right: Meghan's bizarre behaviour not only made Kate look like Princess Perfect, but upped public affection for the York sisters.

by Anonymousreply 320October 13, 2019 1:12 PM

DM carrying the story this morning that Bea has refused the traditional carriage ride and procession at Windsor for her own wedding, and is looking for a quieter, more private venue for her wedding, an idea floated upthread. Since the BRF this time is paying for security, this will keep costs down and allow Bea to invite - or disinvite - whoever she wishes.

Such as, for example, the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 321October 13, 2019 1:24 PM

R321, I think the Sussexes will be invited. The York sisters are well-liked among their family, and there's no sign of a rift between them and Harry. Bea has many mutual friends with Meghan. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if the Sussexes devised some plan to miss the wedding, with some very important virtue-signaling trip somewhere to save the planet.

by Anonymousreply 322October 13, 2019 8:20 PM

Beautiful blue outfit Anne is wearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 13, 2019 11:35 PM

DM carrying an article that dreaded biographer Tom Bower's next target is . . . Meghan. Her friends are already allegedly fearful that his reveleations will "drive a wedge" between her and other members of the royal family (oh, quaint irony, as if any biographer could do a better job of that than Harry and Meghan have already done on their own!), and liken it to the "sound of the axe being sharpened".

Bower has criticised her openly in interviews.

I wonder what she'll do when that's due out - get an injunction to stop publication?

by Anonymousreply 324October 13, 2019 11:40 PM

That is a gorgeous colour on Anne. She looks so much like her mother and great-aunt, Mary, the last Princess Royal.

by Anonymousreply 325October 13, 2019 11:41 PM

They'll be invited. Whether anyone there actually says anything to them besides "Hello" and "Goodbye" is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 326October 13, 2019 11:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327October 13, 2019 11:45 PM

R327 - and just about every one of those comments expresses the same view: she's already driven the wedge in, tell us something we don't know.

by Anonymousreply 328October 13, 2019 11:55 PM

Harry and Meghan will absolutely be at Bea’s wedding. If they weren’t, it would be a big gossip story, the last thing the York’s would want.

by Anonymousreply 329October 13, 2019 11:55 PM

Meet Archie's new best friends!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330October 13, 2019 11:58 PM

Gorgeous photo of Diana, one among thousands and thousands. I remember this tunic, what a beautiful pattern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331October 14, 2019 12:06 AM

R329 - After seeing the Sussexes stick it to the Foreign Office, without even consulting Charles or the Queen and only informeing the Queen at the last moment, and listening to the deafening silence from the Palace on the lawsuits, in my view, all bets are off on whether the family care any longer about big gossip stories.

If Bea really is looking for a more private venue without all the hoop-la that usually accompany royal weddings, she can do as she likes. She's a private citizen. This won't be televised, there will probably be a smaller guest list. At that point, who will care any longer if Harry and Meghan aren't there?

I can see Bea inviting them out of good will and affection for her cousin, Harry. But by then, if the rifts in the family really are as deep as they seem today, it's doubtful the Sussexes will relish a day out with the Yorks and Windsors.

I'm reserving my wager on this until after Remembrance Day and the Sandringham Christmas pap walk, to see if the BRF are still trying to pull off the Happy Families routine.

This would be a good year for the Cambridges to say they've had enough of doing the Church Walk with the Sussexes, after all they gave up Christmas with the Middletons last year to keep the side up, and head with grateful relief to the warm family Christmas environs of the Middletons, with Pippa and her husband and little Arthur, and the Middleton brother with his fiancee.

But if the Sussexes are absent from Remembrance Day and/or the Sandringham Christmas, you may be sure the BRF won't give tuppence about the Sussexes not showing up at Bea's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 332October 14, 2019 12:08 AM

R330 - I hope those two do a better job with Archie's hair, when he gets some, than they're doing with Meghan's.

by Anonymousreply 333October 14, 2019 12:10 AM

Bower and his publisher are going to make a mint on any "warts and all" Meghan book. Over half the UK and Commonwealth will be itching to read it, especially given that South Africa spent a wad of cash on the Royal Tour which the Sussex's were happy to ruin.

by Anonymousreply 334October 14, 2019 12:43 AM

I just watched the video on Celebrity Jihad - it's definitely Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 335October 14, 2019 1:13 AM

link, r335?

by Anonymousreply 336October 14, 2019 1:32 AM

Where are the comments about the Cambridge tour to Pakistan? The political and security issues are mind-boggling.. I assume everything has been orchestrated down to the last detail and that they wouldn't go if they didn't feel safe doing so. Regardless, the Cambridges will have to tread carefully. Harry and Meghan's SA tour looks like a junket to Ibiza or Cabo in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 337October 14, 2019 2:19 AM

She still has her Deal or No Deal funbags and you can see she has tried to cover her mole with makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338October 14, 2019 2:22 AM

That video at [R338] is either Meghan getting pounded or she has a doppleganger. Even her porn "acting" is cringe-worthy. Check the 2:04 mark. MM seems to look up at someone giving directions off-camera, then quickly grabs her tits and starts playing with them. For Harry's sake, let's hope those red bumps around her pubic area are razor burn and not something more serious.

by Anonymousreply 339October 14, 2019 2:46 AM

A doppelganger with a upper lip mole in exactly the right place.

by Anonymousreply 340October 14, 2019 2:50 AM

[quote] DM carrying the story this morning that Bea has refused the traditional carriage ride and procession at Windsor for her own wedding, and is looking for a quieter, more private venue for her wedding, an idea floated upthread. Since the BRF this time is paying for security, this will keep costs down and allow Bea to invite - or disinvite - whoever she wishes

She's only having that small wedding because her dad is in so much trouble for sex crimes. Harry and Meg will be invited. Harry invited that hideous fergie to his wedding

by Anonymousreply 341October 14, 2019 2:59 AM

That’s not her. The tits look real-Ish and the actress has a narrower torso than Markle. Porn actor also had a waist, which Markle doesn’t have.

by Anonymousreply 342October 14, 2019 3:01 AM

It’s so obviously not her. The lips are completely the wrong shape, for a start.

Not her. Wish it was, but it’s not.

by Anonymousreply 343October 14, 2019 3:11 AM

She changes her lip shape with each plumping treatment, r343. Not sure whether it is or isn't, but it's not impossible that this is her. After all, if she hadn't married a Prince this would be exactly the sort of thing we'd expect from a D-list cable actress.

by Anonymousreply 344October 14, 2019 3:17 AM

There is no way on earth Meghan and Harry won't be invited. Not inviting them would result in headlines like "Royal Family Except Harry and Meghan Turn Out for Princess' Beatrice's Wedding' whereas inviting them just makes them one of many royal guests. I don't see what Harry specifically has done to annoy Bea so much she wouldn't invite him. Petty hoes here care about the pregnancy announcement at Eug's wedding but I suspect they have long got over it.

by Anonymousreply 345October 14, 2019 4:03 AM

Exactly R345. Not inviting them makes Bea's wedding day ABOUT THEM. Even if the entire family can't stand them, it's better. I've avoided plenty of relatives at functions.

by Anonymousreply 346October 14, 2019 4:45 AM

I still think it looks too much like her to be anyone else. The covered up mole is a real issue.

by Anonymousreply 347October 14, 2019 5:36 AM

R344 No. She has two prominent points under her nose - fillers wouldn’t eradicate those without making her upper lip extremely puffy.

It’s not the same woman at all and I think that’s pretty obvious.

Also - this is a fairly recent film and Markle hasn’t had tits that big for at least 10 years. As someone else said, this woman has a waist that Markle could only dream about.

I don’t struggle to believe that there may be some tape out there (one of her friends in on YouPorn frigging herself enthusiastically) but this is not it.

by Anonymousreply 348October 14, 2019 10:50 AM

Not Markle. It would be delicious if it were, but she looks like rent-a-look-alike. Moles can be penciled or adhered on.

by Anonymousreply 349October 14, 2019 10:54 AM

I think Harry bought a lot of good will with the York sisters by inviting their mother to his wedding. The sisters will invite him (and by extension her) to any major public events, they will welcome them to Instagram and extend all surface pleasantries necessary, etc. in return. The maternity coat stunt and tiaragate will however continue to serve as their reminder (and warning) to ALWAYS keep it superficial as long as she is in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 350October 14, 2019 12:18 PM

R342 - If Celebrith Jihad told me it was raining out, I wouldn't believe them.

And that isn't Meghan. She wishes she had a torso like that and still looked that fresh, and the idea that she banged her gardener with a video running is laughable, like most of the shit they put up, knowing full well that absolutely nobody will waste his breath trying to counter their absurd assertions. Moles can be stuck on easily, and there are, as have been pointed out numerous times on all these threads, tens of thousands of Latinas in the L.A. area along who resemble Meghan. People who didn't know who she was when the news broke almost all right off thought she was Latina.

It's not Meghan. She may have been stupid enough to make a sex tape for money for some second-rate producer who promised to get her a great part before she married, but she's not stupid enough to have made one afterward.

You lot are beyond gullible if you think CJ has a shred of veracity, or that that is Meghan Markle. Moles, my arse. Take a look at Glenn Close in "Dangerous Liaisons" and see how easy the are to put on.

Would it were so, but it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 351October 14, 2019 12:30 PM

R351, agree it’s not Meghan. There may be video of her, but that’s not it.

And that poor actress when he’s grabbing her by the neck. Jeez. Looks like a horrible fuck.

by Anonymousreply 352October 14, 2019 12:49 PM

The Queen appeared to have a slight cold while reading her speech in Parliament. Hang in there, girl!

For so many years we've seen Prince Philip walk her down the aisle at this event. Now, it's Charles' responsibility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353October 14, 2019 2:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354October 14, 2019 2:18 PM

I know she's a nonagenarian, but the Queen looks old now. She used to look timeless, but Andrew, Brexit and the Harkles have taken a toll in recent months.

by Anonymousreply 355October 14, 2019 3:35 PM

As the Queen unveils a plaque, a little girl's voice shouts out....

[quote]"You're the best Queen in the world".

Watch the Queen's face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356October 14, 2019 4:14 PM

I wonder how much all that paraphernalia she wears to the opening of Parliament weighs.

Most recently:

1. King George IV State Diadem (apparently weighs less than the Imperial State Crown which is now carried in.

2. Diamond Necklace and earrings.

3. Chain of Office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357October 14, 2019 4:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358October 14, 2019 4:38 PM

At the 30-second mark, BoJo smirks and sort of bounces, for want of a better word. I suppose listening to the Queen read out his words must be a dream come true. He is so very slappable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 14, 2019 5:05 PM

The Queen is looking quite frail these days. She may not make it to her Platinum Jubilee after all.

by Anonymousreply 360October 14, 2019 6:07 PM

R360, I hadn't even thought about her Platinum Jubilee being due in a couple of years' time. That makes me feel really frigging old. I still remember her Golden Jubilee like it was yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 361October 14, 2019 7:16 PM

If she does make it to her Platinum Jubilee, she should gracefully retire after that. Speech or no speech on her 21st birthday, nobody would reasonably expect her to keep reigning after 70 years. Let Charles have a few years as King before he completely enters his dotage.

by Anonymousreply 362October 14, 2019 7:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363October 14, 2019 7:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364October 14, 2019 8:01 PM

R361 That’s nothing. I remember all the parties for the Silver Jubilee.

by Anonymousreply 365October 14, 2019 8:02 PM

R362 Is that a serious remark? Of course she won’t “retire”. She’ll be the monarch for life. That’s the point. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 366October 14, 2019 8:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367October 14, 2019 8:05 PM

A video of Will and Kate's arrival in Pakistan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368October 14, 2019 8:11 PM

That is a serious remark, R366. It hardly seems fair to Charles to continue to give him more and more responsibilities as the Queen becomes less and less able, while depriving him of actually being King. Would anyone really have a problem with the Queen retiring? That abdication nonsense was over 80 years ago, and there is a vast difference between Edward VIII's reign of less than a year and a monarch who has served faithfully for 7 decades.

by Anonymousreply 369October 14, 2019 8:11 PM

Swipe for photos of the Queen on her way to open Parliament. Camilla is sitting beside her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370October 14, 2019 8:13 PM

Kate looks radiant. I love the color of her outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371October 14, 2019 8:20 PM

I don't think the Queen will ever abdicate either. I don't care if she lives as long as her mother. That would mean Charles and Camilla The Adulterors will have LESS time on the throne. That's fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 372October 14, 2019 8:29 PM

Kate's happiness and radiance since the birth of Louis convince me that she doesn't intend to have any more children. The pregnancies must have made her life a misery: She looks like a woman for whom a tremendous burden has been lifted (though one wonders why she had a 3rd child under the circumstances, when only 2 were required of her).

by Anonymousreply 373October 14, 2019 8:30 PM

Comparing and contrasting Kate and William and Meghan and Harry on these tours is truly chalk and cheese. The Cambridges just look so polished and professional. It's striking.

by Anonymousreply 374October 14, 2019 8:31 PM

I think Charles and Camilla should be made to wear big scarlet letters proclaiming their filthy sin to the world. May they burn in an eternal lake of fire!

by Anonymousreply 375October 14, 2019 8:33 PM

If adultery excluded one from the throne, most British monarchs would never have been crowned.

by Anonymousreply 376October 14, 2019 8:36 PM

R373, my theory is that baby #3, Prince Louis is a real joy.

Looking at those videos from the last RF gathering on the balcony, it seems obvious to me that Louis is a big favorite. Even with Camilla and Anne.

And the photo of Prince Charles with this huge grin on his face when Louis is leaning out toward him was wonderful.

I think that Louis is one of those babies with a great smile that is just turned on and those on the receiving end just can't help but respond. (One of my niece's daughters was like that.) And that smile is extremely powerful. People, even the most unexpected ones, can't help but respond in kind.

So, if I'm right, Louis's personality may be making everyone around him happier.

by Anonymousreply 377October 14, 2019 8:57 PM

[quote] It hardly seems fair to Charles to continue to give him more and more responsibilities as the Queen becomes less and less able, while depriving him of actually being King.

The monarchy is inherently unfair. It's about receiving titles and taxpayer-funded wealth by birth or marriage, after all. Then there's the issue of birth order. Prince George and Lena Tindall are both great-grandchildren of the Queen, yet George is third in line to the throne and Lena is twentieth. It's all just a roll of the dice.

Charles and Camilla will be king and queen for about ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 378October 14, 2019 9:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379October 14, 2019 10:04 PM

r373, Are you certain that Kate seeming like she's had a huge weight taken off her isn't down to the fact that Meghan making such a preposterous ass out of herself has had the knock-on effect of taking the spotlight off of Kate?

Because I'm reasonably sure that's what it's down to rather than anything to do with pregnancy, which she seems to be fine with, barring the first three months. She certainly bounces back from pregnancy as if it were nothing, for example.

by Anonymousreply 380October 14, 2019 10:14 PM

R380-I've said it before, and I'll say it some more: Meghan Markle is the best thing that ever happened to the Duchess of Cambridge. Markle could not elevate the DoC more if she actually tried.

by Anonymousreply 381October 14, 2019 10:59 PM

R373, she didn't like the way I was looking at George. She sought to distract and dilute me with another sibling.

by Anonymousreply 382October 15, 2019 10:34 AM

R377 s saccharine nonsense is hilarious. It sounds like that drunken shit fergie posted all over social media when the first daughter got engaged. Now with the second daughter getting engaged a drunken raving loon fergie is at it again. And so is R377

by Anonymousreply 383October 16, 2019 2:53 AM

Why is this thread empty over the past few days? Where did everyone go?

by Anonymousreply 384October 16, 2019 3:48 PM

R384, Apparently, it became a subscriber-only thread, so most people (who aren't subscribers) moved on to the next thread. I'm a subscriber, so I never encounter the paywalls.

by Anonymousreply 385October 16, 2019 3:50 PM

Annoying. Unsubscribers should be able to read and reply to existing threads, but they shouldn't be permitted to start new threads.

by Anonymousreply 386October 16, 2019 3:56 PM

R386, overlapping threads could also be started by subscribers who want discussion in the thread to increase. As a subscriber and rare thread-starter, it’s something that I just never thought about. But I guess it makes sense for people who are die-hard devoted to their topic of choice (BRF, Shawn Mendes, Harry Styles, dead Hollywood celebs, etc)

by Anonymousreply 387October 16, 2019 4:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!