Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Thomas Markle Wants To Testify Against His Daughter In Her Daily Fail Lawsuit

Do we think Harry regrets this fiasco by now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 9, 2019 7:19 PM

Harry does not. But I am sure Elizabeth and Charles do.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2019 6:04 PM

Harry is too pussywhipped to add up what is happening to him

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2019 6:09 PM

Dear Daddy,

I am writing you yet another letter to tell you you have to stop bothering me through the tabloids. I really mean it. This time it is finito! I am done with you forever! Kaput!

You will notice I have once again used my elegant calligraphy on this letter so you may treasure it as yet another memento of having known me. I thought you would appreciate looking at my pretty writing.

Please do not sell this letter too for profit to the tabloids. That would make HRH the Duke of Sussex and me even angrier. I am warning you.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Your loving daughter,

HRH Meghan, Duchess of Sussex

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2019 6:11 PM

Her original nose is ghastly. This mess continues to spiral out of control.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2019 6:23 PM

He’s scum.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2019 6:27 PM

R5-the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The whole family is trash, including Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2019 6:37 PM

He will not be IGNORED.

I kind of love it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Where’s Doria?

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2019 7:00 PM

HM needs to "Sweden" the Duke and Duchess of KeepingUpWithTheSussexes....Game, Set, Match.

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2019 7:04 PM

This is exactly why the lawsuit was totally stupid. Hopefully they learn to listen to the experienced BRF PR people now. They got themselves into the mess at this point - and lost any sympathy or benefits from the whole Africa trip. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2019 7:17 PM

[quote]Where’s Doria?

Hiding in CA, grateful that Meg's is someone else's problem.

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2019 7:23 PM

Her father is a monster.

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2019 7:38 PM

He is going to make her pay for ghosting him and not getting to meet his grandson. And it is going to play put in the press. Obviously sister Sam has been paid off, but apparently Dad won't take the money. It would have been so much easier if they had just visited him during the honeymoon.

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2019 7:44 PM

I really doubt they paid off Sam, DimWit is too cheap and his wife is too delusional. I wonder if all the money she made from interviews got her into trouble with SSI as you can't make over a certain amount while receiving benefits. Maybe she has to lay low for awhile to retain her benefits...just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 14October 7, 2019 7:51 PM

Harry should have considered: you don't just marry the person, you marry their family, as well.

Had he really thought about this, he would have made better choices. Not saying he wouldn't have married her anyway, just that they haven't handled the situation with her scum relations very well.

Where is Markle's FLEX, as Lainey calls it? She needs to FLEX to fix this situation instead of playing dumbass games with staff and the press. If she doesn't find a way to sort it, this garbage will overshadow everything else she tries to do.

by Anonymousreply 15October 7, 2019 8:10 PM

Things really were better in my day. Unequal marriages were either ignored or punished.

by Anonymousreply 16October 7, 2019 8:12 PM

[quote][R5]-the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The whole family is trash, including Meghan.

As opposed to the Windsors who have such a stellar family because genuinely stupid morons are blinded by shiny tiaras and Disney princess movies. She hasn't actually done anything wrong whereas the queen's own son rapes little girls and another ones talks of wanting to be a tampon, so I guess by your logic, the queen is trash, too.

You people who worship "royalty" are so fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 17October 7, 2019 8:18 PM

Harry is getting exactly what he deserves, imagine not being able to see through a gold-digger like Markle! Then again, most of Harry's relatives are just trash with titles.

by Anonymousreply 18October 7, 2019 8:21 PM

No, things were better in MY day. Tiresome wives and their inconvenient relations were dealt with swiftly and permanently. Just axe anyone. (Did you see what I did there? Tyrannical humor.)

by Anonymousreply 19October 7, 2019 8:27 PM

I don't believe this.

by Anonymousreply 20October 7, 2019 8:33 PM

GOOD

by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2019 8:38 PM

[quote] and another ones talks of wanting to be a tampon,

That was more than 25 years ago.

Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 22October 7, 2019 8:42 PM

STFU, R22. You fools would be screeching about Markle as an 8 year old so much as farting. You're the ones who won't "let it go" that you hate this woman solely because she married into that family you idolize.

by Anonymousreply 23October 7, 2019 8:44 PM

I'm not the poster you're screeching at, R23; but can appreciate the many who find her divisive:

•her own family

• the BRF

• the press

• her staff

• much of the British (and other countries') public constituents; especially those that pay for her shenanigans

• majority of DL posters

I've said this before, but I knew of her briefly when my younger sister attended school with her. We encountered her scheming "mean girl" reputation even then. She had a coldness veneered with saccharine "helpfulness" that could be devastating to others. While watching the wedding, we remarked how difficult she would be for the BRF.....and look at how many she has managed to alienate since.

*Oh, and those that throw around the racist excuse are sadly misinformed. Meg (that's what she was called then), hung out with Caucasians and sneakily denigrated those of color. She could (and appears to continue to) use a certain amount of melanin to her sole advantage. If that isn't hypocritical, I don't know what is.

by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2019 9:03 PM

Yeah, actually, R17, the queen is trash for supporting Andrew, who is lower than pond scum. It still doesn't change the fact that Meghan's a raging narcissist. Th only people who are vaguely sympathetic in that family are Catherine and her children. I quite like Camilla, too.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2019 9:06 PM

[quote]I quite like Camilla, too.

She helped ruin Diana's life from the moment that naive 19yo got engaged. There's nothing to like about a woman whose entire purpose in life was being a homewrecker. Having a "wit" because you're an ugly woman, isn't enough to be admired.

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2019 9:08 PM

She shouldn't have written the first letter. She knows his track record. But I'm sure it's tuff when it's your dad who by all reports was a good dad. So she has those memories. My mother has the same issue with her brother who is now scum but once was a good brother and she has those memories. Sometimes you have to cut out family . Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2019 9:10 PM

That was a long time ago, R26. By many accounts, Charles made an earnest go of it, but he was so mismatched with Diana, it was a disaster. Camilla's been a steadying force on Charles and has acquitted her public duties well, so I'll give her a pass. Not that my pass matters one whit, of course.

by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2019 9:11 PM

I always assumed that he was pressured into marrying her because it would make the royal family appear more modern and cool to have a bi-racial American girl. I doubt he resisted because he's stupid and can't recognize a golddigger when he sees one. There were former friends who told stories to the press about her, about what a fake social climber she is. He was warned, I'm sure. But guys like him never listen.

by Anonymousreply 29October 7, 2019 9:12 PM

R27-She shouldn't have written the letter? The entire point, sloppily amateurish "calligraphy" included, was for Thomas to publish it. When he didn't as expected, she instructed friends to discuss the contents via People, thus forcing his hand. It's unfortunate he jumped through her hoop. It would have driven her crazy had he just maintained a frosty, irresolute silence.

by Anonymousreply 30October 7, 2019 9:13 PM

a friend of mine is an assistant on the set of one of those news shows that Samantha Markle was interviewed on, he said that there is a strong odor of human feces on her, especially when she shifts in her chair or gets up.

by Anonymousreply 31October 7, 2019 9:16 PM

[quote] the queen is trash for supporting Andrew, who is lower than pond scum.

Nothing has been proven against Andrew yet. And what do you even mean by "supporting" him? She has released no statement "supporting" him.

It sounds like you think she should somehow exile him from the royal family (or release a statement denouncing HER OWN SON) based solely on allegations made against him. You're fucking nuts,.

by Anonymousreply 32October 7, 2019 9:39 PM

I'm beginning to think the father is brain damaged. He simply can not keep his fat mouth shut. The best thing that could happen to Meghan would be for him to drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 33October 7, 2019 9:42 PM

Then why are you even looking at this thread, R17?

by Anonymousreply 34October 7, 2019 9:46 PM

It is rather interesting to hear people trashing Meghan and saying she's to common for the Royal Family., when the Royals have had their own far more common members, blood Royals for centuries. Quite frankly, Meghan is far classier than some of the members of the Royal family. My God, if Andrew and Fergie weren't associated with the Royal Family they'd be little more than poor white trash.

by Anonymousreply 35October 7, 2019 10:06 PM

On what basis would he claim legal standing? He’s an awful old drunk attention whore, just like the half-sister and 1/8 human being, Samantha.

They only started gunning for MM when she started dating Harry. She’s just a gravy train for them. Lousy, filthy grifters.

by Anonymousreply 36October 7, 2019 10:08 PM

Dear British Media, My Loyal Subjects, and the World in General,

I am writing to let you all know that I completely reject and denounce the person who was formally known as my son, HRH the Prince Andrew, Duke of York. I have stripped him of all titles and holdings (including his house), and have exiled him forever from British shores. I know longer will recognize him as my son based on what he is alleged to have done. What does one need for an actual trial, when such allegations have been made? Everyone knows that being recognized as my child depends on having a spotless record: Elizabeth's child must be above suspicion. "Andrew X," as he is now known, has been subject to a humiliating ritual discommendation by the entire rest of the royal family in St. George's Chapel, which we have based on the practices of the Klingon Empire in the science-fiction television series "Star Trek."

You may notice the lovely penmanship of this letter. I have asked my beloved grandson's new wife, HRH the Princess Henry, Duchess of Sussex, to write this all out for me using her exquisite calligraphy, so that you may all have a lasting beautiful memento of my denunciation of That Person.

Sincerely yours,

Her Majesty,

Elizabeth R,

Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, Jamaica, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 7, 2019 10:27 PM

Meghan divorces, gets child $upport for a Royal the rest of her life. Gets to return to Hollywood bigger than ever.

by Anonymousreply 38October 7, 2019 10:31 PM

R36-I think your gravy trains have jumped tracks. Pa Markle was Meghan's gravy train for a private prep school and Northwestern. She ghosted him after he served her purpose. She was a sponge and squeezed him dry. R38, Meghan may return to Hollywood, but she's a mediocre actress at best. The most she can hope for is voice-overs in woke documentaries and cameos as herself. Maybe some endorsement deals. Smart Water would be right up her alley. She's never starring in anything serious. But that probably matters little to her. She'll have notoriety cloaked as fame. That's all she cares about. Watch for the Tig to resurrect so she can pontificate to the poors.

by Anonymousreply 39October 7, 2019 10:43 PM

R39 knows it all! Like all children, she scams her parents and is nothing, nothing I tell you!

You sound unhinged dear. Maybe a bit of a vacation from your hatred of someone you don't know?

by Anonymousreply 40October 7, 2019 10:57 PM

As for this man wanting to 'defend' himself when he was caught scamming for money on his daughter's new found fame? I think his actions speak for themselves to anyone with a sense of decency. No parent who loves their child would have done anything this man has done. He's bitter and angry about being seen for what he is and it's pretty obvious why she wants nothing more to do with him now or then.

by Anonymousreply 41October 7, 2019 10:59 PM

If Pa was a Trumpie everyone would have a different opinion

by Anonymousreply 42October 7, 2019 11:03 PM

I know a lot of good people with fine families who came from dysfunctional families and overcame the stigma. Having a toxic parent(s) is never the child's fault. May they all find a way towards healing, and sometimes that has to be about leaving each other alone.

I don't give a damn what he is.

by Anonymousreply 43October 7, 2019 11:05 PM

Royal reporter for the Express: "Prince Harry may have opened Pandora's Box here"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 7, 2019 11:09 PM

[quote]They only started gunning for MM when she started dating Harry. She’s just a gravy train for them. Lousy, filthy grifters.

If we are speaking of grifters, aren't we going to include Meghan, R36? She's perhaps the biggest grifter of them all. Swinging from Pa Markle to many other men not least of all : Trevor and Corey and holy grail Harry.

by Anonymousreply 45October 7, 2019 11:10 PM

He seems more hurt dad than grifter, imo...

by Anonymousreply 46October 7, 2019 11:18 PM

[quote]Meghan divorces, gets child $upport for a Royal the rest of her life. Gets to return to Hollywood bigger than ever.

Markle was never IN at Hollywood, despite her best efforts. She had to film in Toronto as a second to third string actress in a soap on the USA channel.

And if returning to Hollywood with a damaging reputation that was obtained by marrying a hapless prince of questionable intelligence is "bigger than ever", then yeah. Go all in.

People now recognize her as the klassy former actress who has divided the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 47October 7, 2019 11:22 PM

A daughter going to private school paid for by her father is not a grifter. Parents are expected to do the best for their children they can until they're 18.

by Anonymousreply 48October 7, 2019 11:31 PM

The problem is the royal family's handlers know how to deal with the press. Markle went rogue and her inexperience (dealing with the press AND her own trashy father) is what bites her and Harry in the ass right now. The press is not going to let this go and the royal family's handlers are just fed up with her and rather focus to limit the damage to Markle and Harry to teach both of them a lesson.

by Anonymousreply 49October 7, 2019 11:33 PM

And you know all that how exactly?

by Anonymousreply 50October 7, 2019 11:34 PM

R48-you can better believe there was a lot of "Daddy, I can't go to the public school!" talks in that household. And Pa also footed the bill for Northwestern. She's done this to herself. She was at pains on the Tig to portray herself as l'il ol' Bean, Daddy's Girl. She extolled Pa to the heavens-he taught her everything about finding her mark and her best lighting. Were those all lies? Is Meghan a liar or a user? Take your pick. Either way, she's awful.

by Anonymousreply 51October 7, 2019 11:34 PM

Given that Meghan and Harry went it alone on this without even the courtesy of giving the Queen, Charles or William a head's up, it's a reasonable supposition. If they didn't notify the key players in the BRF, why should the same key players lend them a helping hand? I suspect they're well and truly on their own.

by Anonymousreply 52October 7, 2019 11:37 PM

[quote]Markle was never IN at Hollywood, despite her best efforts. She had to film in Toronto as a second to third string actress in a soap on the USA channel.

Have you all observed Markle carefully? The irony is, she is an awful actress. Her stint on Suits was almost a parody. But what's most amazing is many of the BRF are better actors than she! Her "tells" such as smug smiles and rapid eye blinking almost always give her away in contrast to the queen, Kate and Wills.

by Anonymousreply 53October 8, 2019 12:25 AM

Dad needs to bring her down. Hopefully, the monarchy is strong enough to withstand it.

by Anonymousreply 54October 8, 2019 12:35 AM

Meghan and her family are all grifters. People like the Trumps do their grifting en masse. Meghan is a different sort of grifter. She wants to do her grifting solo and not have her family along on the ride in case they cut in on anything she might wangle for herself. She's no better and no worse than her family. Girlfriend is just looking out for herself and her anchor baby.

by Anonymousreply 55October 8, 2019 12:36 AM

R39:According to the fame whore half sister who didn’t grow up with her. Not that Slagmantha would ever lie. Never mind Doria was outearning Daddy Drunkest by many orders of beer bottle deposits.

by Anonymousreply 56October 8, 2019 1:02 AM

[quote]Nothing has been proven against Andrew yet.

You and gteh four imbeciles who liked your comment are stupid as hell. Genuinely stupid person. Are you like one of those OJ juror dummies where you have to see an actual video before you believe it? Yeah, I'm sure he was hanging with Epstein because they do scrapbooking together. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 57October 8, 2019 1:10 AM

the*

by Anonymousreply 58October 8, 2019 1:10 AM

If Doria was out-erning Thomas Markle then why was he the one to pay for her private school and for Northwestern? He still has the bank statements to prove it, he said at one point.

Doria has a few "lost years" during which no one knows where she was or what she was doing. This has led some people to speculate she was in prison but has since managed to get her record expunged, hence, no documentation. I don't know but wherever she was, she wasn't raising her daughter and she wasn't contributing to her daughter's pricey education.

I will give you that Doria is perfectly behaved though. She is a silent model of decorum and Meghan could do a hell of a lot worse than to imitate Doria's behaviour. (She won't of course, because she'd rather die than have the spotlight off her)

by Anonymousreply 59October 8, 2019 1:12 AM

Thomas reminds me of Harvey Weinstein. You think he chomoed Meghan and that's why she hates him so much?

by Anonymousreply 60October 8, 2019 1:16 AM

Megan still thinks that she can control her image and the narrative about her, well, trashy family which to talk to the press. She really should let the royal court staff handle her PR baggage and choose her battles more carefully.

by Anonymousreply 61October 8, 2019 1:18 AM

sorry, which IS WILLING to talk to the press.

by Anonymousreply 62October 8, 2019 1:19 AM

Is Markle won 800,000 $ in the lottery. This is how the diva duchess schooling was paid.

by Anonymousreply 63October 8, 2019 1:20 AM

Maybe Toad Markle has changed since MM was a young girl. Dont we all change over time? Maybe when she was young he was the perfect dad. hes certainly not now,but maybe then he was.

by Anonymousreply 64October 8, 2019 1:24 AM

[quote] Hopefully, the monarchy is strong enough to withstand it.

You're joking, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 65October 8, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote] The best thing that could happen to Meghan would be for him to drop dead.

Ssshhh! I don’t want to spoil the surprise I’m cooking up for my beloved!

by Anonymousreply 66October 8, 2019 1:44 AM

If Dad drops dead before they reconcile then Meghan will be well and truly fucked with the British public. Her status will become "Villianess" and will stay that way until her dying day. The British public absolutel hate her cutting her father out of their lives, not least because to the public, it reeks of her being embarrassed of his class, and that really rankles people in Britain.

Her best bet is to make it up with him as soon as possible and thereby put this particular scandal to bed.

by Anonymousreply 67October 8, 2019 1:51 AM

[QUOTE] Dad needs to bring her down.

Pa plays a shitty long game, then. Any fool would just latch on to the Windsor gravy train, suffer Meghan’s insults, and collect the money to pay off his unpaid medical bills, bankruptcy, forclosures etc that he got from all his years of drinking, drugging, and being under-employed. With Windsor money he could pay Sam’s medical bills too, or build her a ramp to roll her wheelchair or whatever. He really mishandled this, if he just kept quiet Haz and Meg would probably be bankrolling him. Fuck integrity, none of them have it except maybe AHnt Doria.

by Anonymousreply 68October 8, 2019 1:52 AM

Nobody cares what happens to the Drunk. He was a terrible husband, a terrible father and a terrible liar. He claims a lot of things, none of which he backs up.

He’s a grifter. A two bit con man. An Irish traveler. Pond scum. He’s smegma.

by Anonymousreply 69October 8, 2019 1:53 AM

Hi, Meghan/r69!

by Anonymousreply 70October 8, 2019 1:56 AM

R69-You can say those things all you like, but Meghan memorialized him on The Tig as her beloved Daddy. Was she lying then or is she lying now? Which is it?

by Anonymousreply 71October 8, 2019 1:59 AM

She’s an actress who played happy families because, in America, you’re expected to be wholesome. You’re not expected to out your two bit white trash relatives as two wheels shy of a trailer park when you’re a B actress on a nearly network show.

by Anonymousreply 72October 8, 2019 2:01 AM

If MM decided to forgive and reunite with her father on television,in a show like Oprah,the ratings would be incalculable. It could make them both multi millionaires in one swoop.

by Anonymousreply 73October 8, 2019 2:12 AM

Oh please, R72. That defense is so weak it's literally laughable. She never had to mention her father at all. It would have zero impact on her website. Nada. She's a liar and a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 74October 8, 2019 2:13 AM

R73-it would let her break the internet, but she'd have to share the spotlight with dear Pa, and Meghan doesn't share well. The focus has to be 100% on her.

by Anonymousreply 75October 8, 2019 2:15 AM

Two words “ National Enquirer” 1 word “biracial”

Studios still have contract clauses requiring a certain degree of “ don’t drag your crappy family onto the lot. This just demonstrated Hollywood is better at damage control than Buckingham Palace.

What the Royals need are some Hollywood fixers, like the legendary Eddie Mannix. This problem would have been solved in a couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 76October 8, 2019 2:18 AM

The BRF don't need Hollywood foxes. People from Hollywood don't get the culture surrounding the BRF. This is why Meghan has made such a disaster of everything. She thought she could inject a Hollywood approach into being a member of the BRF, and it has backfired spectacularly. What would work is if they listened to people who actually know what they're doing pithing the Firm.

by Anonymousreply 77October 8, 2019 2:25 AM

Hollywood fixes. Even autocorrect didn't like the suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 78October 8, 2019 2:34 AM

I'm feeling quite smug these days.

by Anonymousreply 79October 8, 2019 2:51 AM

r79, "because your parents were slaves"?

by Anonymousreply 80October 8, 2019 2:59 AM

What, r80? I'm not r79, but I have to ask - WTF are you blathering on about now? Do us all a favour and fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 81October 8, 2019 4:22 AM

[quote]Nothing has been proven against Andrew yet. And what do you even mean by "supporting" him? She has released no statement "supporting" him.

Don't be a fucking moron. He's guilty as sin. Andrew showing up in NYC and walking around in a public park with the recently released convicted child rapist epstein was Andrew telling the world, I FULLY SUPPORT THIS CONVICTED RAPIST

that appearance was so out of character for him, he never goes out walking around in public. You won't see pics of him walking down the road with a friend or going into a shop.

And the Queen, who despite being an absolute shit mother, also hosted Epstein and his pimp ghislaine maxwell at all her palaces. And despite Andrew possibly facing charges of rape with underage girls who were sex slaves the Queen thinks it's a good idea to send andrew out on engagements. The British press have really toned down the reporting on andrew and his crimes as a favor to the Queen (totally in exchange for cooperation from the palace on other stories), but the foreign media didn't give him a break at his last engagement

by Anonymousreply 82October 8, 2019 4:25 AM

I don't mind meghan and harry. I think her family is pure trash, but H & M are crazy to bring this lawsuit. Especially since her family has been lying low. Of course a lot of that is because they have sold every shred of damaging info they have about her. Her dad is so bitter he just gives interviews supposedly for free. He must hate her. At least sam makes money from them

All this lawsuit has done is bring it (her relationship w her dad) all back up again and of course it's given her dad something to talk to the press about. But no one has ever accused them of being smart. I think this lawsuit is the point of no return for them. I don't see this ending well. I could see the royal family (the Queen) paying them off to go live private lives, with air tight non-disclosure agreements

by Anonymousreply 83October 8, 2019 4:40 AM

It's utter tabloid fantasy that the Sussexes ignored advice and sued anyway.

by Anonymousreply 84October 8, 2019 4:46 AM

r81 FAILS gay cultural literacy, FAILS common knowledge of how to use the Internet to have simple things explained to him, FAILS life in general.

Flames and Freaks!

by Anonymousreply 85October 8, 2019 4:49 AM

No, the "majority of DL posters" don't find Markle "divisive." Like your anti trans threads and other screeching fangurl threads, most DLers don't even visit these threads let alone engage.

Our BRF threads used to be good, with plenty of history and snark and interesting observations. Now it's you lot obsessing over MIXED TRASH!!!! who needs to be BANNED TO AFRICA BY THE QUEEN!!!! and you're often so clueless you don't know how to quote or use r-replies.

You're all delusional and seemingly afflicted with untreated personality disorders.

Can't wait to get accused of being Meghan's PR intern.

by Anonymousreply 86October 8, 2019 4:54 AM

(R5) Totally agree - her family except for her Mother, who seems rather dignified, are scum of the earth. She, unfortunately has never had a truly gracious upbringing, making her limited to her acting skills. So that is what she is doing in real life now, acting. The real low class girl slips through. I am sure the queen and others realize this, but Harry is oblivious. I feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 87October 8, 2019 6:09 AM

Keeping her mouth shut doesn't make Doria dignified or smart. It indicates fear of revealing her own sordid life and contributions to her daughter's sordid character. All of which have been largely ignored by the media.

by Anonymousreply 88October 8, 2019 6:37 AM

Ma and Pa Markle could have been the world's greatest parents and Megan might still have turned out to be the ungrateful, scheming, social climbing, paranoid, lying sack she is today.

There's just no telling with children.

by Anonymousreply 89October 8, 2019 7:08 AM

So the Megbots here and on social media have decided that painting Thomas Markle as a drunk/drug addict (with no evidence or anything of course) is the way to go. They’re real charmers.

by Anonymousreply 90October 8, 2019 7:12 AM

It's weird because as far as anybody knows Daddy Markle was a union lighting guy. Not to say that precludes any drunkenness but he did have a career and supported her through school. He was far from useless to Rachel "Megan" Markle.

by Anonymousreply 91October 8, 2019 7:17 AM

Oh course Meghan has her own agenda and played a game. She came out of nowhere (sorry, Suits) and landed a bona fide prince, that wasn’t accidental. she knows what she is doing. No question there. Some of her body language during the wedding ceremony even seemed fake, given she’s not a particularly good actress.

That said, at the same time, the white side of her family seems like absolute trash and no wonder she doesn’t associate with them. Selling stories about her and what, her father would actually consider giving evidence against her? If that story is remotely true then no wonder she doesn’t have the time of day for him. Any father that would consider doing that even to a “scheming” daughter is 100% a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 92October 8, 2019 7:23 AM

I hope some kind of scandal come out regarding the incredibly sycophantic People magazine "friends" who talked about the letter (presumably because Pa Markle wouldn't). If we're really lucky in the juicy gossip department, it will turn out that there were no friends and Meghan wrote those sacchrine, gushing things about herself.

by Anonymousreply 93October 8, 2019 7:25 AM

I need to run out and get more popcorn....

by Anonymousreply 94October 8, 2019 7:40 AM

What was stupid in bringing the lawsuit is that previously only excerpts of the letter was published, and had largely been forgotten. Now it is conceivable that the entire contents of both the letter her father wrote and the letter she wrote will be entered into evidence. And, if the Mail wins the lawsuit I’m sure the letters will then be published so people can make up their own minds, since they will no longer be private personal letters but part of the court record. If the context of the letters are as Mr. Markle and the Mail allege than this will be a huge PR disaster for HRH.

by Anonymousreply 95October 8, 2019 7:43 AM

What was stupid in bringing the lawsuit is that previously only excerpts of the letter was published, and had largely been forgotten. Now it is conceivable that the entire contents of both the letter her father wrote and the letter she wrote will be entered into evidence. And, if the Mail wins the lawsuit I’m sure the letters will then be published so people can make up their own minds, since they will no longer be private personal letters but part of the court record. If the context of the letters are as Mr. Markle and the Mail allege than this will be a huge PR disaster for HRH.

by Anonymousreply 96October 8, 2019 7:43 AM

They should have just visited her father once when they were engaged, that would have gone a long way in handling him. And of course when they saw him talk of nothing personal you don't want blabbed.

by Anonymousreply 97October 8, 2019 7:47 AM

The Mail on Sunday must believe they have a very, very strong case if they continually refused to settle out of court over a period of "many months of negotiation" prior to the Harkles launching their official legal bid. I think that indicates the Harkles might well lose this case.

Add to that everything that r96 has pointed out, and then the fact that the case will take at least a year (during which all UK media will begrudge the Harkles on principle) and then throw in the (remote) possibility that the MoS might fly Pa Markle over to give testimony....

And yes, I think the Harkles will definitely regret bringing this action.

by Anonymousreply 98October 8, 2019 8:00 AM

Meghan's original nose is her father's nose. Why does her white father have a black man's nose?

by Anonymousreply 99October 8, 2019 8:09 AM

[quote]The Mail on Sunday must believe they have a very, very strong case

They don't need a "strong case" because it's not their reputation that is on the line. Even if The Mail loses legally, they'll win financially given the increased clicks and sales due to public interest. And that's what it's really all about, innit?

[quote]If the context of the letters are as Mr. Markle and the Mail allege than this will be a huge PR disaster for HRH.

I don't believe the public will be overly shocked to have legally confirmed what they've seen with their own eyes and ears for the past year. That Megs is a self-aggrandizing liar.

by Anonymousreply 100October 8, 2019 8:13 AM

Well, r99, Meghan is registered on all her official identification, California licence, passport etc, as "caucasian", so...

by Anonymousreply 101October 8, 2019 8:37 AM

They should have him sign some shut-up legal docs and send him a monthly stipend. I'm sure he could use a few thousand bucks a month. That's nothing to them and MM is just as responsible for the mess.

by Anonymousreply 102October 8, 2019 8:53 AM

Thomas is a monster and most people will think that of him.

by Anonymousreply 103October 8, 2019 8:56 AM

Uh, no R103. The rational and sensible will see Thomas Markle as yet another parasite trying to improve his sorry lot in life the easiest way he knows how. He's not the first, nor will he be the last.

by Anonymousreply 104October 8, 2019 9:08 AM

There don't seem to be ANY strong bonds in the Markle clan, which is an impressive level of dysfunction.

by Anonymousreply 105October 8, 2019 9:37 AM

[quote]Where’s Doria? Hiding in CA, grateful that Meg's is someone else's problem.

I thought she was moving to England to help take care of the baby.

by Anonymousreply 106October 8, 2019 9:43 AM

Who cares what he paid for on Meghan's behalf? She's his child. It was his responsibility to provide all his children with the best life he could. No one held a gun to his head and forced him to write checks to the schools she attended. He can't come back now and use that as any sort of leverage. He did what he was supposed to do.

by Anonymousreply 107October 8, 2019 10:19 AM

The reason people care that Pa paid for Meg's education is that he went above and beyond. He didn't just do "what he was supposed to. (Dora, BTW, didn't even do that bare minimum. She just bolted and abandoned her child, but somehow she's a saint.) He didn't have to send her to a private prep school . He could have made her slog it off in the local public. That shows a level of love and engagement Meg would have us believe was absent. Ditto with Northwestern. Pa didn't have to pay for anything once she graduated from high school, but he sent her to an elite university. He could have just sat back and enjoyed his lottery earnings, but no, he showered his little Bean. And she gushed about his on The Tig. Gushed. And then, of course, lied and said she worked her way through college and paid her own way. Meghan has achieved nothing on her own with the exception of grifting a dim prince. On that account she was spectacularly successful.

by Anonymousreply 108October 8, 2019 10:26 AM

Again, no one held a gun to his head and forced him to write those checks. And no matter what he did to benefit Meghan, that does not give him the right to do what he's done since she joined the Royal Family. He could have been a full part of her life all this time, but no, he decided to act like a fucking idiot. He has no one to blame but himself.

by Anonymousreply 109October 8, 2019 10:40 AM

Been a full part of her life? Nah-Meg didn't want an obese slob walking her down the aisle. There were gushing calls to Oscar de la Renta begging the designers to kit out Ma, but no calls for dad's suit. She never planned on having him be a full part of her life. The fact is, whatever Pa's crimes may have been they weren't irredeemable, and it doesn't play with the public to ghost an elderly father. It looks bad. Hell, it smells bad. That's why for as trashy as Pa is, he gets sympathy whereas Bean merits tongue clucks and head shakes. She's sharper than a serpent's tooth and people see that. Her treatment of her father is part of the larger narrative of how she has treated people throughout her life. We shall have to agree to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 110October 8, 2019 10:45 AM

Good for Thomas . Drag this grifter to the mud .

Queen made huge a mistake by allowing Harry to marry this low life scum

by Anonymousreply 111October 8, 2019 10:46 AM

[quote]The British public absolutel hate her cutting her father out of their lives

No they don't. They don't give a shit about anyone except her mother. The only ones who care are trashy losers.

by Anonymousreply 112October 8, 2019 10:50 AM

I don't like her, but her father is hideous and disgusting.

And i hope she wins against the Daily mail, british tabloids are pathetic (and most of them are homophobic and racist)

by Anonymousreply 113October 8, 2019 10:59 AM

Dream on, r112. The British public not only loathe the family ghosting, but they particularly loathe the implication that her working-class father is no longer good enough for her. You are not from the UK or you would immediately understand how incredibly badly that plays in Britain.

And r113, maybe she'll win, maybe she won't, but I very much doubt the MoS lawyers have held out for months on end, refusing to give her a negotiated settlement on this issue, unless they have already determined that they have a strong case and are likely to win.

by Anonymousreply 114October 8, 2019 11:06 AM

Ironically, the British public probably would have loved if Meghan proudly walked down the aisle on the arm of her obviously working class father. It would have looked wonderful to have a half sister there in a wheelchair - along with the niece she told she would "always be there for"and the uncle in the diplomatic service who got her the Argentina gig. The public would have loved the optics of a very modern family. If Meghan was really PR savvy she would have seen that. But as usual, she was too far stuck up her own ass and superficial to understand how she really could have benefitted. That's Master Class Machiavelli, and Markle is too stupid. That's why she's been such a colossal fuck up since joining the BRF. She might be tungsten, but in addition to its unbending qualities, she has its IQ points as well.

by Anonymousreply 115October 8, 2019 11:20 AM

Pa seems like the kind of man that when you go visit his house and need to take a pee, when you lift the toilet seat you see all kinds of filthy dried diarrhea splashes and stains that he didn’t have any sense to wipe off before visitors coming. You hope your nose, do your business, and hope there is soap and a towel to wash your hands after.

by Anonymousreply 116October 8, 2019 11:40 AM

Seems to me that both Pa and Bean are using the same playbook, he with his getting fitted for a wedding suit stunt and she with her maternity coat stunt, two peas of a pod.

by Anonymousreply 117October 8, 2019 12:38 PM

Who will be Harry’s second wife?

by Anonymousreply 118October 8, 2019 12:55 PM

Priyanka Chopra

by Anonymousreply 119October 8, 2019 1:03 PM

Thomas Markle is no Stella Dallas.

Meghan wanted a future king walking her down the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 120October 8, 2019 1:08 PM

[quote]Who will be Harry’s second wife?

Chelsy Davy. Who will disengage herself from whats-his-name to hook up with the one that she let get away. She's older, wiser and ready/willing to play the role intended.

by Anonymousreply 121October 8, 2019 1:11 PM

R90, he admits to using drugs (cocaine). There's a very good reason why he admitted it. That's because there is something or someone who can attest to him using cocaine. There may have been pictures of him at one time, what ever it is, it's out there or was out there and he's afraid to deny it and then have it thrown in his face on the front of every newspaper in the country

by Anonymousreply 122October 8, 2019 1:14 PM

Cheesy will want no part of Harry, because he's forever tied to Markle. Even if they divorce, the kid means she'll part of his life for the rest of it. Would you want to show up for a stepson's life events and have to deal with her? God, no. Chelsy is well and truly away.

by Anonymousreply 123October 8, 2019 1:15 PM

Chelsy, not Cheesy. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 124October 8, 2019 1:16 PM

R123 Think Camilla. Who weathered each and every storm until she got her man. Chelsy's the same.

by Anonymousreply 125October 8, 2019 1:18 PM

[quote] Keeping her mouth shut doesn't make Doria dignified or smart. It indicates fear of revealing her own sordid life and contributions to her daughter's sordid character. All of which have been largely ignored by the media

1. you're a fucking idiot

2. you lack the tiniest sliver of common sense

3. If there ANYTHING untoward about her mother, samantha and the piece of shit dad would have gladly told the media. You don't think the British tabloids sent private investigators out to search for info on this family? Refer to 1 and 2

4. I guarantee that you are one of those delusional "let's make up shit losers" who has tried to perpetuate the lie that Doria was a prostitute or a drug dealer or both who got busted, went to prison for YEARS and somehow had all of that stuff magically erased from every single database in the entire world. Refer back to 1 and 2

by Anonymousreply 126October 8, 2019 1:19 PM

Chelsea comes from a sleazy family. They have lots of money, but her dad was very friendly with the late, extremely insane, seriously repulsive dictator, robert mugabe

You don't get to be a rich white person in Zimbabwe without doing a lot of shady shit and colluding with mugabe. Her dad was able to keep all his property when mugabe was confiscating farms/properties from white farmers/land owners

by Anonymousreply 127October 8, 2019 1:23 PM

Markle will expect people to treat their son like a god. If he split with Markle any woman who will have to deal with his ex wife and the miracle child is in for a rude awakening.

by Anonymousreply 128October 8, 2019 1:27 PM

R127 et al Oh dear! Someone's WAY too invested. All that anger, bile and juvenile ranting. Log off and take a break. Let the adults get back to it, there's a dear.

by Anonymousreply 129October 8, 2019 1:27 PM

When Harry loses more hair and has a ring of red hair around a bald spot and looks like Bozo I will laugh and laugh

by Anonymousreply 130October 8, 2019 1:28 PM

[quote] Oh dear! Someone's WAY too invested. All that anger, bile and juvenile ranting. Log off and take a break. Let the adults get back to it, there's a dear.

Look at you, just like old orange donald trump, supporting dictators. I can smell the gin and wee seeping out of you all the way over here. Trump supporting scum

by Anonymousreply 131October 8, 2019 3:00 PM

When Harry remarries Bean's machinations will make Pa Markle and Sam's stunts and rantings look mild.

by Anonymousreply 132October 8, 2019 3:00 PM

Chelsy’s fathers shady connections are the sort of thing that are forgiven in their kind of social circle, these are very wealthy discreet people. It matters not to royalty, witness Maxima of The Netherlands bagging the Crown Prince, despite her father’s shady connections to the junta in Argentina. The Queen’s punishment was to simply not invite him to the wedding, no fair no foul.

by Anonymousreply 133October 8, 2019 5:42 PM

Doris’s the smart one. Show up, smile like a sphinx and GTFO as quickly as possible.

For whatever it’s worth, I think she sequestered herself in that quasi-religion/cult and just wasn’t the motherly type. I don’t think she’s malicious or anything. If she had any shady stuff in her past, she seems to have shaken it loose and kept her nose clean and unimpeachable for a long time.

So while I don’t revere Doria as a wonderful person, I think she’s smart and handles herself.

by Anonymousreply 134October 8, 2019 7:19 PM

Um...R115 the SECOND Meg got with Harry, Sister Sam went on the warpath. Who the hell would want her at their wedding?

by Anonymousreply 135October 8, 2019 7:20 PM

[QUOTE] the SECOND Meg got with Harry, Sister Sam went on the warpath. Who the hell would want her at their wedding?

Doesn’t matter. You don’t do that to family.

by Anonymousreply 136October 8, 2019 7:28 PM

R136 so if your relative (who you were never super close with and havent seen in person in 10 years anyway) starts badmouthing you to the press, you'd invite them to your wedding?

by Anonymousreply 137October 8, 2019 7:30 PM

Yep, to keep the peace.

by Anonymousreply 138October 8, 2019 7:33 PM

I'm neutral on Meghan, but I don't blame her for not inviting her sister to her wedding after she aired her dirty laundry like that. I don't think anyone should have to let their family members walk all over them just because they're related.

by Anonymousreply 139October 8, 2019 7:45 PM

Why does anyone think dislike for Meg means like for the BRF? It's a monarchy, I dislike them all. I'm here to watch the fun.

by Anonymousreply 140October 8, 2019 7:50 PM

From what I can tell, the only person in the Markle clan talking to Sam is Tom. When your children AND your mother won't talk to you...maybe you're the problem.

by Anonymousreply 141October 8, 2019 7:52 PM

leave the poor lady alone, she has MS dammit. YOU try living each day with that agony. Meghan should be paying for a full time nurse for Sam.

by Anonymousreply 142October 8, 2019 7:56 PM

That's the problem with Meghan, R142. We never actually see her do anything for anyone other than use press visits to get attention. Remember that school for girls in India that she set up? Neither do I, because despite saying she was going to India to look into doing so, she never followed through. Her humanitarianism is just a way for her to get herself splashed across the internet. Now if she quietly paid for Sam's medical care despite her sister being a hideous person and looked after her elderly father despite the hard feelings, then I could respect her. Because that's what family - what genuinely compassionate human beings - do. But I don't think those kinds of things ever actually enter her head.

by Anonymousreply 143October 8, 2019 8:54 PM

R143 I'm sorry but WHAT? Now the Thomas thing I can understand because they were close at one point (how close and for how long, who knows). But a hateful sibling who you've never been close to? Bitch can rot.

by Anonymousreply 144October 8, 2019 9:02 PM

R144-but purely from a PR perspective it would be utterly brilliant. Meghan would come out of it with so much positive PR she could dine off it for years. It could actually completely rehabilitate her public image. Imagine the headlines: "Meghan buries hatchet with sister Samantha, pays for MS care." She gets Sam to do a heartfelt interview (after signing an NDA) but never speaks of it herself. Just stays silent. She would be a saint. The same if she did some touching reunited photos with her father showing Thomas lovingly cradling Archie. Then give the man a fat check and send him on his way with a binding NDA. But that takes a certain kind of cunning and willingness as well as an ability to put aside bitterness. In the end, she's just too damn vindictive and petty.

by Anonymousreply 145October 8, 2019 9:08 PM

"She helped ruin Diana's life from the moment that naive 19yo got engaged. There's nothing to like about a woman whose entire purpose in life was being a homewrecker."

Oh shut the fuck up. There was no 'home" to wreck. If Charles had never known Camilla Parker Bowles his marriage to the mentally unstable Diana Spencer still would have failed.

by Anonymousreply 146October 8, 2019 9:12 PM

A Royal Reporter Just Claimed the Whole Royal Family Is “Embarrassed” by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

According to Daily Express royal correspondent Richard Palmer, “Nobody in the Royal Family or the Royal Household is supporting Harry and Meghan at the moment.” Palmer went even further and tweeted, “Even the couple’s aides seem embarrassed by their actions. William, who dropped his brother like a ton of hot bricks earlier this year, and Charles have distanced themselves.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 9, 2019 3:01 AM

Fucking up the last part of their tour before they had actually finished it must have seriously pissed off the Foreign Office. They can say goodbye to any more tours now.

by Anonymousreply 148October 9, 2019 3:16 AM

Harry and Meghan want the perks of being Royal but they also want to live the life of a Hollywood celebrity. Can't have both.

by Anonymousreply 149October 9, 2019 3:18 AM

[quote]Harry and Meghan want the perks of being Royal but they also want to live the life of a Hollywood celebrity. Can't have both

Of course they can.

by Anonymousreply 150October 9, 2019 6:21 AM

[quote] In the end, she's just too damn vindictive and petty.

In your opinion, r145. In reality, you know absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 151October 9, 2019 6:23 AM

Just looking at how Meghan manipulated her father with that atrocious calligraphy-yeah, we can say Meghan is vindictive and petty. That was an asshole move through and through, R151.

by Anonymousreply 152October 9, 2019 10:42 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 9, 2019 10:50 AM

There should have been an edict that Meghan would not be allowed to wed unless she first resolved her familial issues. Harry has been given far too much leniency. It’s time to cut them both off and ship them to the Bahamas.

by Anonymousreply 154October 9, 2019 1:38 PM

[quote]Meghan manipulated her father with that atrocious calligraphy

What the fuck.

by Anonymousreply 155October 9, 2019 1:43 PM

Bahamas? Nonsense.

How about the Falklands?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156October 9, 2019 1:46 PM

The letter, R155-written in that affected, fake script. She sent Daddy Dearest the letter, and when he didn't release it as intended, had her friends leak the contents to People Magazine. He then had to set the record straight to prove everything said wasn't accurate. It doesn't take a Mensa member to see what she was doing.

by Anonymousreply 157October 9, 2019 1:46 PM

"Meghan has to be loyal to her scumbucket father even if he's a scumbucket who sells private information and lies to the tabloids! But Charles can dump his own son Harry for publicly revealing that he was hacked and also flying on a private jet!"

-- Every anti Meghan fussbudget on Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 158October 9, 2019 1:46 PM

And yet it is you, r198, who puts so much extra effort in to your post. Why, I wonder

by Anonymousreply 159October 9, 2019 1:48 PM

R158-one's actions is threatening the sanctity of the monarchy; the other is just a family relationship, which by being handled badly is also casting the monarchy in a negative light. See if you can spot the difference as to why the two should be approached differently.

by Anonymousreply 160October 9, 2019 1:49 PM

Why does a largely non-British website give a flying fuck about 'the sanctity of the monarchy'?

by Anonymousreply 161October 9, 2019 7:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!