Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Within Treason: Can I Get A Witness? (The Impeachment Inquiry, Part 5)

Continued Discussion

Can I get a witness, I want a witness

I want a witness, Can I get a witness

Yeah, I want a witness, Can I get a witness

Somebody, Can I get a witness

Witness, witness, yeah, I want a witness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602October 15, 2019 4:07 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2019 5:42 PM

Matt Gaetz, Chubby Drunk Retard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2019 5:53 PM

Gym Jordan has Level 1 AIDS Meth face.

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2019 5:54 PM

Matt Gaetz loves barely legal blond twinks.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2019 5:54 PM

He does indeed have a cadaverous pallor, r3.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2019 6:37 PM

So if, as DL fave Richard Engel tweeted (link in the last thread), US troops are not yet withdrawing from Syria (possibly because generals are disobeying Trump), will Erdoğan go ahead and invade and then we'll be at war with Turkey?

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2019 6:44 PM

Interesting clip of the Donfather:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2019 6:53 PM

Richard Engel link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2019 7:01 PM

USA Today:

Donald Trump: China declines president's request to probe Joe Biden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2019 7:05 PM

Even if the troops don't withdraw, the fact that Trump has twice attempted to do this damages us.

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2019 7:06 PM

R8 That should be his slogan for 2020. “Trump: confusion and panic, but no real change.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2019 7:07 PM

the fact that Sondland talked to Trump between his texts in the chat and his last likely lawyer-copy and paste message is damning.

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2019 7:08 PM

“Who’s Daddy’s Little Girl? Ohhhhh fuck I’m cumming!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2019 7:10 PM

Washington Post:

Poll: Majority of Americans say they endorse opening of House impeachment inquiry of Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2019 7:11 PM

Washington Post:

Analysis: Trump loves to tout his base. But a new poll shows increasing GOP support for impeachment — and even removing him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2019 7:16 PM

can't something be done about congressmen who consistently lie and propagandize? Gaetz and Jordan are 2 of the very worst offenders and should not be allowed as part of our government. I realize they come from very deplorable areas but still...

by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2019 7:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2019 7:16 PM

Trump likes to cum on Ivanka’s back after he fucks her up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2019 7:18 PM

And of course, they were all using Whatsapp....which means the messages will become irretrievable and destroyed....same game they played with Mueller. They need to be charged with Tampering with and Destruction of evidence.

by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2019 7:19 PM

In other news...

Politico: Federal judge slams DeVos, Education Department for violating order on Corinthian loans

U.S. Magistrate Judge Sallie Kim said in a hearing she was “extremely disturbed” and “really astounded” that the department and Secretary Betsy DeVos had sought to collect on the student loans in spite of her May 2018 order to stop doing so.

“Whether it's contempt or whether it's sanctions, I'm going to entertain them,” Kim said during the hearing, according to an audio recording provided by the court to POLITICO. She added: “I'm not sending anyone to jail yet, but it's good to know I have that ability.”

“There have to be some consequences for the violation of my order 16,000 times,” Kim said, referring to the number of borrowers whose loans the department admitted last month it had erroneously sought to collect.

Kim also said the lawsuit would begin moving forward again, despite opposition from the Education Department.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2019 7:21 PM

Washington Post:

Putin did not receive birthday message from Trump, Kremlin says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 8, 2019 7:27 PM

I'm telling you: the only way Trump can 'win' in 2020 is with outside help rigging the voting machines. The hillbilly enthusiasm just isn't like in 2016 when they thought he was The Second Coming. And the fence-sitters realize they- oops- picked the wrong eeny-meenie.

Russia is no longer interested. Vlad just wanted revenge on Hillary. Creating chaos in the U.S. is gravy on top. All he has to do now is sit back and watch it burn.

Republicans still have time to pick a Weld or Romney or Kasich- but they won't. I think the strategy is to let the Democrats impeach Trump and push Pence in there.

by Anonymousreply 22October 8, 2019 7:29 PM

What is Mother Pence thinking about all this? She loathes Dumpy.

by Anonymousreply 23October 8, 2019 7:33 PM

She’s biding her time.

by Anonymousreply 24October 8, 2019 7:35 PM

May 16, 2017: seems ages ago when peaceful protesters were attacked by Erdogan's men in black suits and men in brown shirts in Sheridan park in DC.

What's fascinating is that the police roughhoused the obviously attacked protesters whilst swatting off the suits and shirts.

It was amazing this thuggery occurred here on US soil then. But with all that's unfolding now, not so surprising.....

(The Turkish leader observed this from his black Mercedes in the Turkish Embassy driveway. There's an actual clip of him in the car and watching this unfold as he exits the vehicle. It's a damning clip, but I can't seem to link it here.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 8, 2019 7:43 PM

Washington Post:

Live updates: Guiliani says he ‘can’t imagine’ administration officials will appear before Intelligence Committee; Democrats to subpoena State Dept. official

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 8, 2019 7:45 PM

Reuters: 'Tell the truth ... for a change': ex-President Carter's advice to Trump

"Tell the truth, I think, for a change," Carter told MSNBC when asked what advice he would give Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 8, 2019 7:51 PM

I don't see how Giuliani will avoid testifying. He cannot be ordered by Trump not to testify as he was never part of the administration. Being a "personal lawyer" does not protect him

by Anonymousreply 28October 8, 2019 7:54 PM

Politico:

Judge signals Dems may get to see Mueller’s secrets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 8, 2019 7:55 PM

A White House official listening to President Donald Trump’s July 25 phone call with Ukraine’s president described the call as “crazy” and “frightening” and was “visibly shaken,” according to notes taken by the intelligence official who filed a formal whistleblower complaint after speaking with the official, and others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 8, 2019 8:02 PM

R4, where did you hear that?

by Anonymousreply 31October 8, 2019 8:10 PM

France 24:

Turkey dismisses US threats, amasses troops on Syrian border

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 8, 2019 8:19 PM

This thread is going downhill. Please more impeachment news, gossip, theories.

by Anonymousreply 33October 8, 2019 9:30 PM

Isn't Matt Gaetz single like Lindsey and just hasn't found the right woman, being so busy and all.?

Surely they can't be closeted gay southern politicians? They like AR 15s, so they are macho straights, no?

by Anonymousreply 34October 8, 2019 9:45 PM

I suspect Mother Pence.

Kinda like Madame DeFarge.

by Anonymousreply 35October 8, 2019 9:45 PM

Maybe Matt Gaetz should get his own thread.

by Anonymousreply 36October 8, 2019 9:50 PM

What will this week bring? Things seem to be heating up at a record pace against Pres Bone Spurs.

by Anonymousreply 37October 8, 2019 9:52 PM

When will a judge enforce some of these subpoenas?

by Anonymousreply 38October 8, 2019 9:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 8, 2019 10:00 PM

NYT:

White House Declares War on Impeachment Inquiry, Alleging Effort to Undo Trump’s Election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 8, 2019 10:03 PM

Good luck with that Traitor Tot!

by Anonymousreply 41October 8, 2019 10:04 PM

When do we get heads on pikes?

Because then shit will be real.

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2019 10:07 PM

Washington Post:

Live updates: White House says it will not cooperate with House impeachment inquiry; Democrats to subpoena State Dept. official

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2019 10:07 PM

Did anyone think the president would cooperate?

by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2019 10:11 PM

This White House does not think it has to be held accountable by anyone. Trump and his filthy minions are acting like fucking untouchable royalty.

by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2019 10:14 PM

Dump is really losing his mind. He took time out yesterday Oct 7 to publicly wish a happy birthday to Japan’s Prime Minister Abe. Odd, since Abe’s bday is actually Sept 21. October 7 is in fact Putin’s birthday, but Vlad is now saying he got no birthday greeting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 8, 2019 10:21 PM

So that FAT HOG and his minions can ignore subpoenas and get away with it? Bullshit.

Is there a way to get Sirhan Sirhan released?

by Anonymousreply 47October 8, 2019 10:27 PM

So, r46, birthday greetings by proxy?

by Anonymousreply 48October 8, 2019 10:29 PM

Maybe Gaetz can be Miss Lindsey's newest gentleman caller

by Anonymousreply 49October 8, 2019 10:35 PM

Been there, done that.

Tiny meat.

by Anonymousreply 50October 8, 2019 10:41 PM

tRump doesn’t get to decide whether the House impeachment inquiry is “legitimate.” The failure to cooperate should be a separate impeachment count. This kind of thuggery only invites lawlessness. Since tRump only abides by the laws he cares to, people throughout the country can rightly wonder which laws they get to disobey without consequences.

by Anonymousreply 51October 8, 2019 10:44 PM

Which makes me wonder how they will ever dislodge him from the White House. What if he just continues to ignore Congress? Would they send in a SWAT team?

by Anonymousreply 52October 8, 2019 11:15 PM

[bold]GOP Lawmakers Watch Silently as Trump Strangles Each of Their Loved Ones in Turn[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 8, 2019 11:36 PM

[quote]Maybe Gaetz can be Miss Lindsey's newest gentleman caller

To scissor? No top.

by Anonymousreply 54October 8, 2019 11:59 PM

Pence focused on the WH. Mother will bring order, and those Hope Hicks types will be outta there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2019 12:08 AM

The Hill:

Clinton responds to Trump urging her to run again: 'Don't tempt me'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2019 12:13 AM

[quote]What is Mother Pence thinking about all this? She loathes Dumpy.

Mother is definitely not fond of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 9, 2019 12:15 AM

CNN:

White House letter: Why Democrats aren't planning to vote on an impeachment inquiry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 9, 2019 12:16 AM

Trey Gowdy to join Trump's impeachment defense team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 9, 2019 12:20 AM

Why are the closest gay Republican politicians are among Trump's most fanatic enablers?

by Anonymousreply 60October 9, 2019 12:23 AM

I thought Gowdy went back to the Keebler elf factory....

by Anonymousreply 61October 9, 2019 12:25 AM

[quote]I thought Gowdy went back to the Keebler elf factory....

I beg your pardon, R61. You are being extremely harsh. That basement dwelling, rat eater is nothing like a Keebler Elf.

by Anonymousreply 62October 9, 2019 12:32 AM

What next? Larry Craig brought in as WH special advisor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 9, 2019 12:33 AM

Does this provide an opening for Cockgobbler’s return to Washington?

by Anonymousreply 64October 9, 2019 12:47 AM

Huh-huh-huh. R64 said "opening."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 9, 2019 1:09 AM

Reuters:

Pelosi blasts White House for refusing to cooperate in Trump impeachment probe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 9, 2019 1:14 AM

Geez, between Trey Gowdy and Stephen Miller, I'm not sure which one looks more like Voldemort. Though, maybe with the light hair Gowdy is a Malfoy?

by Anonymousreply 67October 9, 2019 1:15 AM

Ed Meese (whom I thought long dead) received the Presidential Medal of Freedom today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 9, 2019 1:20 AM

How dare you [R67]!! Malfoy may be evil but he's also hawt!!! Gowdy Doody is uglier than three miles of bad road....

by Anonymousreply 69October 9, 2019 1:36 AM

R68, Rachel just explained the irony of that action. Catch her if you can.

by Anonymousreply 70October 9, 2019 1:51 AM

So the Democrats have now subpoenaed that guy who didn't show up today. Yes, that should work, because God knows Trump and Co. really respect the RULE OF LAW.

by Anonymousreply 71October 9, 2019 2:00 AM

That's weird r68. Or maybe not. Another corrupt Republican from a very different era, but still corrupt. Is that some weird kind of signal?

by Anonymousreply 72October 9, 2019 2:03 AM

All hell is getting ready to break loose in Syria. It won't be pretty and it's all Trump's fault. Get this fucker out of office ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 73October 9, 2019 2:04 AM

Turkey is about to invade Syria. Lots of people are going to die because Trump is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 74October 9, 2019 2:06 AM

Rachel made a good point about the quid pro quo.

As per Volker and the other diplomats' texts, Trump wanted Zelensky specifically to announce in public the opening of investigations into the Bidens. Whether they did investigate or not, was secondary. He wanted the public announcement from the mouth of the Ukrainian president as a condition to invite him to the WH and release the security aid, so that he can go on campaigning that Biden is under investigation and crooked to the core. And that the Ukrainians are investigating, not Trump so he's an innocent lamb in all this mess.

by Anonymousreply 75October 9, 2019 2:09 AM

Trump has no fucking clue. He is always the stupidest, most ignorant cunt in the room. that is actually amazing for a US president. But here we are. What the hell do you do if you are a general, or god help you, some guy on the ground, and know the stupidest bitch in western history is calling the shots now?

by Anonymousreply 76October 9, 2019 2:10 AM

[quote]Turkey is about to invade Syria. Lots of people are going to die because Trump is an idiot.

Hopefully this will disgust many fence-sitters and especially military voters.

by Anonymousreply 77October 9, 2019 2:11 AM

so many military are in the cult. why? who the fuck knows? but yes, hopefully r77 some will actually wake the fuck up. This is actually an extremely dangerous time for this country. so many weird cult members. Why?

by Anonymousreply 78October 9, 2019 2:13 AM

^^ And I mean that I hope people will immediately raise hell and hopefully something can still be done about it.

At the very least call your Congressmen if they are GOP and raise hell about this cowardly betrayal of allies and the total absence to thought about the threat of ISIS revival..

by Anonymousreply 79October 9, 2019 2:14 AM

God, you just want to shake the military and scream: Stop worshiping stupid!!! Yes, I know, you're southern, you're gun nuts, your whole fucking tradition is worshiping Republicans and not those goddamn hippies in the Democratic Party, sorry, Fox News has ordered you to say, Democrat Party, but THIS CUNT IS GOING TO GET YOU KILLED!!!! Please stop before it is too late!!!

by Anonymousreply 80October 9, 2019 2:17 AM

Betraying the Kurds is horrific, but Americans are kinda cunts when it comes to allies. But we are shooting ourselves in the foot here. Does anyone think that the Kurds will continue to hold on to those ISIS fighters, ya know, trained and experienced ISIS fighters when shit hits the fan? Or that Turkey won't find them useful when they take over those camps? This is what will happen: ISIS all over the goddamn world again, and an actually hardened, even more dangerous ISIS?

by Anonymousreply 81October 9, 2019 2:23 AM

[quote]Kremlin-directed operatives opened champagne when Donald Trump won the presidency in 2016, according to a communication disclosed in a new Senate Intelligence Committee report outlining Russia’s sweeping social media efforts to help him win.

[quote]“We uncorked a tiny bottle of champagne ... took one gulp each and looked into each other’s eyes .... We uttered almost in unison: ‘We made America great,’” one operative at the St. Petersburg-based Internet Research Agency said in the message obtained by the Republican-led committee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 9, 2019 2:24 AM

“We uncorked a tiny bottle of champagne ... took one gulp each and looked into each other’s eyes .... We uttered almost in unison: ‘We made America great,’” one operative at the St. Petersburg-based Internet Research Agency said in the message obtained by the Republican-led committee.

by Anonymousreply 83October 9, 2019 2:28 AM

So much winning!

Trump’s farm bailout has cost taxpayers more than double the auto bailout

[quote]Back when General Motors and Chrysler faced bankruptcy during the Great Recession, Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama pumped billions into a rescue of the auto industry. That bailout ultimately cost the public about $12 billion when everything was settled and loans repaid.

[quote]But that looks like small potatoes compared with the farm bailout underway now. So far, Trump’s direct payments to farmers hurt by his trade dispute with China have totaled some $28 billion — more than twice what the auto bailout cost, according to calculations from Bloomberg Businessweek. And the payments are still flowing with no end in sight to the trade dispute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 9, 2019 2:31 AM

So, how was Bill Clinton forced to testify on camera? Was it the Supreme Court? What was the path that took and how quickly did it happen?

I don't understand why courts aren't ordering these people to honor the subpoenas. I mean, there are three branches of government for exactly this purpose.

by Anonymousreply 85October 9, 2019 2:32 AM

I don't think Bill Clinton was forced? I think he agreed? That is what has changed. What if a president just says, Law? Fuck it. Ain't doing it.

by Anonymousreply 86October 9, 2019 2:33 AM

damn, need people at fever pitch. everyone's at slow boil. not sure we save this country at slow boil.

by Anonymousreply 87October 9, 2019 2:38 AM

Monday, Monday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 9, 2019 2:38 AM

Mueller needed to start the process of getting this asshole to testify. At least, at this point, the ball would already be rolling even if it wasn't in time for Mueller to get him.

by Anonymousreply 89October 9, 2019 2:39 AM

well too late. So now what? What are the actual powers of the House? Just impeachment? if that's the case, so be it. Impeach and make it fucking loud!

by Anonymousreply 90October 9, 2019 2:40 AM

Impeach him for fucking his daughter? Well, that would get attention if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 91October 9, 2019 2:41 AM

oh datalounge you go all silent sometimes, and that's annoying, when I'm so right about everything. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 92October 9, 2019 2:47 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 9, 2019 2:55 AM

Quotes from article at R93:

"We have been consistently clear with Turkey that unilateral military action must be avoided as it would destabilise the region and threaten efforts to secure the lasting defeat of Daesh [Isis],” foreign office minister Andrew Murrison told parliament.

“A lot of people have their opinion. I could name many who are extremely thrilled that we’re coming home,” Mr Trump said at the White House on Monday. “The UK is very thrilled at this decision. As you know, they have soldiers over there also. And others. But many people agree with it very strongly. I understand both sides of it very well.”

Mr Murrison added that he had “no idea” where Mr Trump’s suggestion that the UK agreed with his decision came from, adding that it was not the view expressed in a conversation between UK foreign secretary Dominic Raab and his US counterpart Mike Pompeo.

by Anonymousreply 94October 9, 2019 2:57 AM

[quote] Trey Gowdy to join Trump's impeachment defense team.

I would like to humbly request to join the prosecutor’s team.

by Anonymousreply 95October 9, 2019 2:59 AM

I think Robespierre would like to join the prosecution

by Anonymousreply 96October 9, 2019 3:01 AM

Title of Trump's autobiography written in the federal penitentiary:

Reflections of a Very Stable Genius: My Great and Unmatched Wisdom in Making America Great Again and Getting Impeached for It by Shifty Schiff and the Traitorous Democrats

by Anonymousreply 97October 9, 2019 3:02 AM

China has rejected U.S. President Donald Trump’s call to investigate his Democrat rival Joe Biden and Biden’s son, saying Beijing had no intention of intervening in U.S. domestic affairs.

“China has long pursued the principle of non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries,” foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said on Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 9, 2019 3:04 AM

I just truly never thought we would ever find ourselves in this dark place. And the culprit who brought us here is the GOP.

When we come through, we will be a much stronger country because I suspect a shit ton of reforms.

by Anonymousreply 99October 9, 2019 3:12 AM

hope so, r99. We need a real turnabout in this country. The Rich run this place, and we need to stop that nonsense. We need a new plan.

by Anonymousreply 100October 9, 2019 3:14 AM

I don't know why, but I kinda want to post this here. It's religious, but you don't need to be religious to like it. It just seems to fit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 9, 2019 3:16 AM

People need to get over their sexism and racism. I doubt they will.

by Anonymousreply 102October 9, 2019 3:18 AM

or if this damn stupid country could just get back to being a normal country r102.

by Anonymousreply 103October 9, 2019 3:24 AM

R85, Clinton tried to have Paula Jones’s civil suit thrown out citing time constraints while he was in office. The Supreme Court ruled that the suit could go forward but he wouldn’t have to appear in person. Relevant portions of his taped deposition would have been played instead had the case not been dismissed, appealed, and then finally settled.

This was then:

[quote]If the Judiciary may severely burden the Executive Branch by reviewing the legality of the President's official conduct, and if it may direct appropriate process to the President himself, it must follow that the federal courts have the power to determine the legality of his unofficial conduct. The burden on the President's time and energy that is a mere by-product of such review surely cannot be considered as onerous as the direct burden imposed by judicial review and the occasional invalidation of his official actions. We therefore hold that the doctrine of separation of powers does not require federal courts to stay all private actions against the President until he leaves office.

by Anonymousreply 104October 9, 2019 3:36 AM

R103 yeah, I agree. Normal and sane like pre-9/11 and on a good path to progress. I don’t want to live in a GOP Redneck world but also not in SJW & T Twitter Cancellation world.

by Anonymousreply 105October 9, 2019 3:38 AM

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey (D) responded to President Trump’s attacks on him Tuesday about security fees for Trump’s upcoming rally in the city.

“I’m not one that gets overly excited about Twitter back-and-forth,” Frey said Tuesday, saying that Trump’s tweets blasting him were a “little bit of a surprise.”

“I wake up every single morning with not a lot of time on my hands because I’m doing things like filling potholes and making sure our city has enough affordable housing,” Frey said.

“I don't have time with a city of 430,000 people to be tweeting garbage out, so it's kind of surprising when the president of the United States, a country with 327 million people, has the time to do this himself, so I don’t know where the guy gets the time,” he added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 9, 2019 3:55 AM

Did anyone read the police in MN getting all butt hurt about not being able to wear their uniforms at the rally? Now they are going to wear red shirts that say, "Cops for T****". Sickening. You just know most of these cops are unhinged racists. The profession has been attracting the worst of society- sociopaths, racists, dumb, angry, law breakers- and giving them tons of power. If you don't bend down to kiss their feet they hate you and label you, "Anti- Police".

by Anonymousreply 107October 9, 2019 3:59 AM

The stock market is not having it one bit.

by Anonymousreply 108October 9, 2019 4:02 AM

So we now know another thing that Putin ordered Dumbo to do.

[quote]On Monday, House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) released a letter to National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien expressing his deep concern about "reports that the Trump administration is withdrawing from the Open Skies Treaty" and urging the administration to abandon "such a reckless action."

[quote]Specifically, "the Open Skies Treaty allows the United States and our allies and partners in Europe to monitor Russian military deployment," especially in Ukraine, Engels said, and "American withdrawal would only benefit Russia."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 9, 2019 4:03 AM

Most cops are sociopaths. Before Trump is chased from office, I hope he busts their union.

by Anonymousreply 110October 9, 2019 4:26 AM

omg I feel so bad for the Kurds. The Turks and Russians teaming up to invade? They're gonna get slaughtered

by Anonymousreply 111October 9, 2019 5:03 AM

This is truly a fight to the death between good and evil. I wish I knew which side will win but I never thought I'd live to see the day when we had a thoroughly corrupt and criminal "president" and administration.

Here in the SF Bay Area we're facing days of vast power outages from the threat of high winds and dry tinder and it feels like end times. I know we'll get through this inconvenience but I really fear for our nation and its ability to whether this terrible storm.

So to all of you who also wonder if we'll get through this with our democracy intact I wish you peace of mind and brave hearts and the power to fight in any way you can. Scary days are ahead, stay strong.

by Anonymousreply 112October 9, 2019 6:09 AM

Of course Lindsey wants to host a session with Rudy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 9, 2019 10:01 AM

Didn't he drop out of Congress last year or so to trans? Maybe the process was completed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 9, 2019 10:13 AM

If the Republican donor class wants to get rid of Trump, seems like they need to also dump Barr and Pompeo. Trump doesn't understand the Constitution at all, so he is relying completely on his advisors. The "obstruct everything" defense seems like Barr and Pompeo circling the wagons to protect themselves. They need to go.

by Anonymousreply 115October 9, 2019 10:24 AM

[quote] If the Republican donor class wants to get rid of Trump, seems like they need to also dump Barr and Pompeo.

I think the Republican donor class finally realized that they no longer control the GOP (and Trump), it's Vladimir Putin who calls the shots. Putin got his hooks into the GOP, and they have no other choice but to do his bidding or get destroyed by him releasing the dirt, and the receipts, about their criminal and shady activities.

by Anonymousreply 116October 9, 2019 11:23 AM

[quote]Now they are going to wear red shirts that say, "Cops for T****".

Dear god you're a coward. You can't even type Trump's name?

Grow a pair.

by Anonymousreply 117October 9, 2019 11:33 AM

T***** establishes his name and his brand as bad and not suitable to be used in public.

But personally I would go for something like "FUCK T***P!" to not get it confused with the anti Trans issue and being misappropriated by the anti-Trans troll.

by Anonymousreply 118October 9, 2019 11:41 AM

Petty, unimportant and ultimately toothless nonsense r118.

Say his name: Trump.

Hate the man: Trump.

Get Trump out of power.

by Anonymousreply 119October 9, 2019 12:55 PM

Um, wasn't R107 just quoting the cops' t-shirts?

by Anonymousreply 120October 9, 2019 1:03 PM

If we want true change and true reform, we will have to get involved in making it happen. No more sidelines. And that means we need to elect people locally. Our State legislatures, our Governors, etc.Even locally., for school boards, and City councils etc. We really cannot sit back and let the GOP rebuild an organization. We can't trust them. They will just use different tactics to reach the same goals they have now. The Democratic platform has to be simple: Gun Safety Reforms, Environmental action on Climate change, Educational reforms, Infrastructure upgrades, massive ones, and getting rid of the Tax cuts for the wealthy. Repair relationships with our allies. Because once again the Republican President is shitting on them, just like Darth Cheney did.

by Anonymousreply 121October 9, 2019 1:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 9, 2019 1:05 PM

[quote] Petty, unimportant and ultimately toothless nonsense [R118]

So you agree it's a language Trump and the Deplorables will understand?

by Anonymousreply 123October 9, 2019 1:08 PM

Just remember, that Trump's campaign pays people to show up. He may say there will be cops there and there probably will. But he will definitely supplement that. Definitely. In addition to the paid actors, they will bus in supporters from all over the region. Often his supporters are bussed in to his rallies. Local Republican Party organizations travel for miles to show up and bring their MAGAts. I have read reports that his crowds are getting smaller, and the venues they rent have had to get smaller of necessity . I love the fact that so many cities are withholding resources and demanding payment. What a fucking deadbeat. Do the Trump supporters realize THEY are paying for it when he refuses?

by Anonymousreply 124October 9, 2019 1:35 PM

(S)he's nearly there R114.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 9, 2019 1:37 PM

The fall out from betraying the Kurds will definitely affect all of us. It has seriously damaged our relationships with all our allies. It will impact negotiations for everything. Reconstituting ISIS will affect us. Turkey, a NATO member has now allied itself with Russia to get rid of the Kurds. Russia. Someone said last night that the reason traditionally, that "our political differences stopped at the water's edge" was the governing principle for the US and foreign relations was because you can't negotiate trade or treaties or alliances if our policies bounce back and forth like a ping pong ball. Obama does one thing, Trump does the opposite. The a Democrat will come in and it goes on and on. It's very bad.

by Anonymousreply 126October 9, 2019 1:43 PM

Putin to Donald: I gave you the White House in 2016. I want Ukrainian AND Election Interference sanctions lifted - NOW.

Lift one, I do nothing. Lift both, you win again. Lift neither, I help the Dems. (You and Barr go the way of John Mitchell)

Hence, Trump strong arming Ukraine; our globetrotting AG Barr (and America sacrificing the Kurds so Syria’s delivered to Putin’s Assad - for extra points.)

by Anonymousreply 127October 9, 2019 1:44 PM

YIKES at r125. Is that a really badly executed deep fake of Bea Arthur?

by Anonymousreply 128October 9, 2019 1:50 PM

Barr has not been mentioned a lot this week. He needs to be kept front and center in this mess. He's evil.

by Anonymousreply 129October 9, 2019 1:58 PM

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Putin gave Trump a quid pro quo pep talk similar to the one Trump attempted to give the Ukrainians.

by Anonymousreply 130October 9, 2019 3:08 PM

The Hill:

Graham tells Pelosi GOP won't impeach Trump over Ukraine call

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 9, 2019 3:20 PM

Trey Gowdy looks like what would happen if Chicken Little had a baby with Tilda Swinton

by Anonymousreply 132October 9, 2019 3:20 PM

Miz Lindsey is putting her foot down

by Anonymousreply 133October 9, 2019 3:28 PM

Look at that look in the Senatrice's eyes.

Like she is imagining Trump getting up off the toilet after having taken a massive dump and beckoning her to come close and rim his dirty asshole clean.

by Anonymousreply 134October 9, 2019 3:28 PM

Holy crap r125 is that recent??

by Anonymousreply 135October 9, 2019 3:37 PM

Wow @ R125. Every "new look" is worse than the last!

by Anonymousreply 136October 9, 2019 3:45 PM

Corruption kills.

by Anonymousreply 137October 9, 2019 3:55 PM

Barr is waddling around Europe looking to "investigate the investigators" and to find someone who will manufacture dirt on Hunter Biden.

by Anonymousreply 138October 9, 2019 4:00 PM

From the Examiner:

President Trump is calling for the whistleblower who set off an impeachment inquiry against him to be “exposed and questioned.”

In an early morning tweet, Trump referenced a Tuesday report from the Washington Examiner that the anonymous whistleblower had a “professional relationship” with one of the Democratic presidential candidates.

“The Whistleblower’s facts have been so incorrect about my 'no pressure' conversation with the Ukrainian President, and now the conflict of interest and involvement with a Democrat Candidate, that he or she should be exposed and questioned properly. This is no Whistleblower …,” Trump said.

“... The Whistleblower’s lawyer is a big Democrat. The Whistleblower has ties to one of my DEMOCRAT OPPONENTS. Why does the ICIG allow this scam to continue?” he added.

The identity of the whistleblower has been a point of contention between the Trump administration and congressional investigators.

The whistleblower, who is reportedly a CIA officer, has agreed to speak with the House Intelligence Committee. Democrats are considering a number of ways to keep the CIA official's identity concealed. Having testimony in a separate location from Capitol Hill or obscuring his identity and voice have been discussed.

Andrew Bakaj, the lead attorney for the whistleblower, wrote to acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire last month and claimed his client was in “harm’s way” by the president and his supporters.

In speaking about the whistleblower and the individual who gave him information included in the complaint, Trump raised concern by alluding to punishment for spies.

“I want to know who’s the person who gave the whistleblower the information because that’s close to a spy,” he said last month.

by Anonymousreply 139October 9, 2019 4:01 PM

It's shocking (and very, very sad) to me how quickly Trump has been able to turn the media and his acolytes away from his wrongdoing and on to the "bias" of his accusers. Not just in this case, but throughout his presidency. If something is wrong it's wrong no matter who points it out. Yet so much media coverage is devoted to Trump's "gamesmanship."

How I long for the days of three nightly newscasts.

by Anonymousreply 140October 9, 2019 4:05 PM

Your perception is limited, R140. I feel for your sadness.

by Anonymousreply 141October 9, 2019 4:10 PM

[quote] It's shocking (and very, very sad) to me how quickly Trump has been able to turn the media and his acolytes away from his wrongdoing and on to the "bias" of his accusers.

I don’t agree, R140. His sycophants in the Rethuglican party needed no encouragement to go in the tank for this lying, felonious monster. Sure. That was a given. These rats have chosen to go down with this sinking garbage scow. However, most of the media, including some on Faux News, are having none of it. They are outright scornful and dismissive of his claims and assertions, often labeling them as having no basis in fact. Almost every news report that includes the Biden nonsense also includes a disclaimer that there is no evidence that the Bidens did anything wrong.

So, while things are bad, they are not to the extent that you have described.

I think some of the members of the media — like Chuck Todd — have seen the disaster that their prior passive behavior has brought about and have tried to change.

by Anonymousreply 142October 9, 2019 4:20 PM

Every day a new spin. This means that the top is running down. We can only hope it goes down quickly.

by Anonymousreply 143October 9, 2019 4:29 PM

I wonder how long the other GOP Senators will continue to lie down for the Graham bashing? How the fuck does he get to speak for all of them? Have they no backbones? Didn't they all take an oath to uphold the Constitution? What a bunch of worthless, mumbling pussy assed cowards.

Calling them bitches is too good and an insult to loyal and good female dogs everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 144October 9, 2019 4:32 PM

[Quote] This means that the top is running down. We can only hope it goes down quickly.

I doubt that if the committees can't even interview key witnesses or have access to all the evidence.

by Anonymousreply 145October 9, 2019 4:35 PM

Watergate had it's hold ups, too, R145. I'm happy the whistleblowers will be testifying. They can impeach without the testimony of the perpetrators, and it looks far far worse for them that they cannot and will not defend themselves. No one was expecting them to do anything but take the 5th or forget it all like Sessions did.

THEY LOOK GUILTY AS HELL by not upholding the Constitution and the rule of law they vow to defend. Instead, they're taking their case to the court of public opinion and it's a yuge(sorry) gamble. Their core base is getting old and doesn't tweet. Fox isn't exactly on board with breaking the law and they can't spin fast enough or good enough this time. Not this time, when you've admitted and repeated it publically.

Nancy knew the Senate wouldn't convict. It's the optic she's looking for. Graham just keeps digging for fool's gold in that ground.

by Anonymousreply 146October 9, 2019 4:49 PM

Hey I believe that if public opinion continues to move against Trump and in favor of Removal then we will see movement in the GOP led Senate. Mitch is already under pressure behind closed doors. The abandonment of the Kurds is making it much worse.

by Anonymousreply 147October 9, 2019 5:06 PM

The abandonement of the Kurds is cowardly and disgusting. Everyone with a mind can see it for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 148October 9, 2019 5:09 PM

[quote]I'm happy the whistleblowers will be testifying.

Right-wing media are now referring to them as "spies."

by Anonymousreply 149October 9, 2019 5:21 PM

Again, this is old as the hills, these games they're playing. The law is on the side of the impeachment. Let them play while the grown-ups do their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 150October 9, 2019 5:26 PM

The public is clearly not buying the Repukes’ games. If they were, there wouldn’t be a 58 percent approval for opening the impeachment inquiry. tRump and his minions are deflecting and scrambling. They know this won’t get better, it can only get worse.

by Anonymousreply 151October 9, 2019 5:37 PM

Diamond & Silk wrote the letter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 9, 2019 6:48 PM

Diamond & Silk heading to Peoria. Will hometowner Aaron Schock greet them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 9, 2019 6:57 PM

Only if they show up in thongs r153.

by Anonymousreply 154October 9, 2019 7:01 PM

Don’t these two realize they will be the first ones in the gas chambers?

by Anonymousreply 155October 9, 2019 7:03 PM

They took that part out with the lobotomy, R155.

by Anonymousreply 156October 9, 2019 7:06 PM

I heard Diamond and Silk don’t know nuffin’ about birfin’ no babies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 9, 2019 7:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 9, 2019 8:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 9, 2019 8:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 9, 2019 8:59 PM

Why exactly doesn’t Nancy want to take an official vote? If she’s not doing it, I’m sure there’s a very good reason, but I don’t understand why yet.

by Anonymousreply 161October 9, 2019 9:06 PM

R161, as a matter of procedure, she doesn't need to and she doesn't need to be respond to Trump's attempt to dictate to her. Besides, he would just invent some other excuse for not cooperating--it's not an argument he's making in good faith.

by Anonymousreply 162October 9, 2019 9:28 PM

Trey Gowdy and Lindsey Graham are both on the record as saying the President should comply with Congressional requests....did they not think their old quotes would come back to haunt them?

by Anonymousreply 163October 9, 2019 9:28 PM

R161 my guess is that once she takes a vote it goes to the Senate for trial and at that point McConnell will do what he can to tank it.

We need to sit back and watch as he commits more crimes and as more crimes are revealed. He will implode before our eyes.

No one was prepared for the Kurd debacle, his corruption will be hugely amplified when more comes to light.

by Anonymousreply 164October 9, 2019 9:33 PM

Right, you sound so naive and innocent, R161. I'm sure we'll hear all about how you don't understand why the phone call is so bad, either.

by Anonymousreply 165October 9, 2019 9:35 PM

The other day one of the guest talking heads, I think on MSNBC, said Trump makes $1 million a year for the use of his name on the Istanbul Trump Towers. Blood money.

by Anonymousreply 166October 9, 2019 9:59 PM

[quote][R161], as a matter of procedure, she doesn't need to and she doesn't need to be respond to Trump's attempt to dictate to her. Besides, he would just invent some other excuse for not cooperating--it's not an argument he's making in good faith.

Thank you. That makes sense. Denying him his terms is a perfectly good reason. Fuck him.

(Oh, and r165, fuck you, too.)

by Anonymousreply 167October 9, 2019 10:03 PM

Nice pretense at outrage, R167, since you were either in a coma or under a rock if you didn't already know that or could google it or find any of a hundred posts already detailing it on other threads, or articles online about it. Moron.

by Anonymousreply 168October 9, 2019 10:15 PM

Tarot reading on Jay Sekulow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 9, 2019 10:33 PM

Hope this link works. If not, just go to Bloomberg. Turns out Trump asked Tillerson to help out with one of Guiliani's clients; a Turkish gold dealer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 9, 2019 11:20 PM

The Kurds were preparing for trump's betrayal. They knew he could not be trusted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 9, 2019 11:24 PM

I’m surprised there are not a whistleblower in the justice department. Surely there is someone there with the goods. They cleaned house to a degree, but perhaps someone there wants to be a hero?

They would never have to work again. They could do the speaker circuit, books, movie and tv options... they would never have to pay for a meal again.

It’s just a matter of time until somebody in the circle gets smart.

by Anonymousreply 172October 9, 2019 11:34 PM

Why can't they just arrest that piece of sewage in the White House? I swear I had a vision of most of Washington burning and I wish it was true.

by Anonymousreply 173October 10, 2019 12:00 AM

Don't they have a balcony at the WH? Seems I remember seeing him out on the Truman Balcony....it's a very old balcony. I think the railings might be loose.....

by Anonymousreply 174October 10, 2019 12:41 AM

Btw, this is a FOX NEWS POLL. Music to my ears...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 10, 2019 12:45 AM

Does Turkey pay Trump like Putin does?

by Anonymousreply 176October 10, 2019 12:47 AM

Man, those poll numbers -

Trump is going to Flip. His. Wig.

by Anonymousreply 177October 10, 2019 12:48 AM

[quote] I’m surprised there are not a whistleblower in the justice department. Surely there is someone there with the goods. They cleaned house to a degree, but perhaps someone there wants to be a hero?

The problem is that we are looking at a very small universe of people. You’re right, they largely cleaned house. I was at DOJ for over 25 years until earlier this year, and the leadership offices are staffed with political appointees and a few career people who are generally not “rock the boat” kind of people. They’ve survived through administrations of different parties precisely because they know how to keep their heads down and not make any waves. I worked with some of these people and it was frustrating at how “go along” they could be. Plus, the political appointees often keep the non-political people out of the loop unless they absolutely have to include them.

When I was there, I would have been happy to have blown the whistle on this corrupt traitor and his evil minions, but sadly I was far removed from Main Justice, and hence had no information to impart.

by Anonymousreply 178October 10, 2019 1:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 10, 2019 1:17 AM

It makes me happy that Trump's nefarious dealings are blowing up in his face.

by Anonymousreply 180October 10, 2019 1:21 AM

Here we go again... per Bloomberg News, and Rex Tillerson actually may be the source:

Trump pressed then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to help persuade the Justice Department to drop a criminal case against an Iranian-Turkish gold trader who was a client of Rudy Giuliani, according to three people familiar with the 2017 meeting in the Oval Office. Tillerson refused, arguing it would constitute interference in an ongoing investigation of the trader, Reza Zarrab, according to the people. They said other participants in the Oval Office were shocked by the request.

Tillerson immediately repeated his objections to then-Chief of Staff John Kelly in a hallway conversation just outside the Oval Office, emphasizing that the request would be illegal. Neither episode has been previously reported, and all of the people spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the conversations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 10, 2019 1:28 AM

More from the Bloomberg story:

Zarrab was being prosecuted in federal court in New York at the time on charges of evading U.S. sanctions against Iran’s nuclear program. He had hired former Attorney General Michael Mukasey and Giuliani, who has said he reached out repeatedly to U.S. officials to seek a diplomatic solution for his client outside the courts.

The president’s request to Tillerson -- which included asking him to speak with Giuliani -- bears the hallmarks of Trump’s governing style, defined by his willingness to sweep aside the customary procedures and constraints of government to pursue matters outside normal channels. Tillerson’s objection came to light as Trump’s dealings with foreign leaders face intense scrutiny following the July 25 call with Ukraine’s president that has sparked an impeachment inquiry in the House.

The episode is also likely to fuel long-standing concerns from some of Trump’s critics about his policies toward Turkey and his relationship with its authoritarian president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Zarrab’s release was a high priority for Erdogan until the gold trader agreed to cooperate with prosecutors in New York.

It isn’t clear whether Trump considered his request for Tillerson to intervene to be improper or was just testing the bounds of what he could do as president on an issue that could provide diplomatic benefits while also helping Giuliani, a longtime supporter. The Oval Office meeting occurred in the second half of 2017 and Giuliani wasn’t the president’s personal lawyer at the time, as he is now.

by Anonymousreply 182October 10, 2019 1:31 AM

I'm glad that even though Tillerson is a corrupt businessman, he has SOME sort of morality and sense of law. At least he didn't go through with Trump's order.

We can't expect the same from evangelical Pompeo though

by Anonymousreply 183October 10, 2019 1:38 AM

A bit more from the Bloomberg story:

Tillerson has said publicly that the president frequently asked him to do things that were illegal.

“So often, the president would say ‘Here’s what I want to do and here’s how I want to do it,’ and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can’t do it that way,”’ Tillerson said in an on-stage interview with Bob Schieffer in Texas last year. “It violates the law, it violates treaty you know and he just, he got really frustrated when we’d have those conversations.”

by Anonymousreply 184October 10, 2019 1:48 AM

Daily Beast:

As Capitol Hill Drafts Sanctions on Turkey, Trump Shrugs at Kurds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 10, 2019 2:09 AM

Washington Post:

Trump’s Syria decision tests the bounds of Republican support as he demands solidarity on impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 10, 2019 2:31 AM

Washington Post:

Clinton-email critics pull a role reversal as Trump administration draws fire for private phone use

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187October 10, 2019 2:34 AM

[quote] I'm glad that even though Tillerson is a corrupt businessman, he has SOME sort of morality and sense of law. At least he didn't go through with Trump's order.

I knew of someone, R183, who worked under Tillerson in the Trump admin and disagreed with virtually every policy. She did state,however, that Tillerson was "principled" - to his own beliefs and that he was "better than many" in the Trump admin.

Pompeo seems to be another story. Why is it that evangelicals tend to be frighteningly amoral? The irony is staggering.

by Anonymousreply 188October 10, 2019 2:35 AM

Politico:

The mystery of the other whistleblower :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 10, 2019 2:36 AM

Reminder....the Maria Butina case revealed that Tillerson was hand picked by Putin to be SOS....and Trump obliged.

by Anonymousreply 190October 10, 2019 2:37 AM

Evangelicals, esp the more successful ones, are almost always completely amoral and immoral. 99% of conservatives are extreme hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 191October 10, 2019 2:38 AM

well it's factual at this point: evangelicals are by definition idiotic hypocritical nutjobs. They're also prone to engaging in criminal immoral and criminal behavior

Roy Moore? Jim Bakker? etc

by Anonymousreply 192October 10, 2019 2:38 AM

Ralph Reed is writing a book saying that Christians have an obligation to vote for Trump in 2020.

Because Trump is so moral, doncha know?

by Anonymousreply 193October 10, 2019 2:42 AM

LMFAO so new report saying Trump has been calling McConnell up to 3 times a day nagging about getting the GOP to be loyal

the thought of Trump harassing McConnell is hilarious to me

by Anonymousreply 194October 10, 2019 2:42 AM

Washington Post:

Live updates: Trump says he would cooperate if Democrats ‘give us our rights’; Biden makes most direct demand for impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 10, 2019 2:47 AM

NYT:

Undeterred by White House Threat, Democrats Push Impeachment Inquiry Ahead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 10, 2019 2:49 AM

The Hill:

Attorneys for Trump whistleblower push back at bias allegations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 10, 2019 2:51 AM

Palm Beach Post:

Trump Doral to host political fest with Trump, Jr., Sarah Sanders and Corey Lewandowski

by Anonymousreply 198October 10, 2019 2:55 AM

So svelte!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 10, 2019 2:55 AM

So so so funny they have such an issue with BIAS now when Ken Starr went after Clinton with a vengeance yet only came up with a lie about a BJ. TOOOO fucking funny.

They went after Hillary with a thousand Benghazi hearings yet NADA.

NOWWW they worry about BIAS. What is good for the goose bitches.......

by Anonymousreply 200October 10, 2019 2:56 AM

Noah Feldman says it’s all going to the Supreme Court. It’s up to Roberts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 10, 2019 3:00 AM

If it is up to Roberts, what do you think he will do?

Constitution?

Law?

Trump?

by Anonymousreply 202October 10, 2019 3:02 AM

Fresh Air today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 10, 2019 3:05 AM

R202 He is a conservative so he will sell out any principles he has. NEVER doubt a conservative will sell out whatever principles they ever held.

by Anonymousreply 204October 10, 2019 3:06 AM

October 9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 10, 2019 3:06 AM

Tracker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 10, 2019 3:08 AM

Just sit back and imagine the hell that would have been unleashed on Hillary or Obama had he pulled this Turkey stunt with all the baggage Pres Bone Spurs has. Hell would have been unleashed from not only the obvious, conservatives, but from probably hundreds of former military, intel, defense, CIA, FBI, all types of former govt employees. It would have been deafening and persistent. It would have been crushing.

Yet, Dump gets some mild push back and a lot of "concern". They'd be calling Hillary or Obama the worst CIC ever and calling for their immediate removal by way of any means necessary (even JFK'd).

by Anonymousreply 207October 10, 2019 3:21 AM

He has pretty much opened the door for bad actors on the world stage to do dirty business with him at our expense. There is no price too high to get what he wants. That anybody would remotely defend this or remain silent is disgusting and potentially nation ending. This is the type of shit that ends other nations way of life.

by Anonymousreply 208October 10, 2019 3:27 AM

Trump displays a “painful ignorance”, I heard a colonel state just now on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 209October 10, 2019 3:34 AM

R209 That is the nicest way to say that I guess.

by Anonymousreply 210October 10, 2019 3:45 AM

[quote]Just sit back and imagine the hell that would have been unleashed on Hillary or Obama had he pulled this Turkey stunt with all the baggage Pres Bone Spurs has.

We don't have to image. We heard the Congress Rethugs during the 2016 campaign threaten that should Hillary win, they will impeach her the moment she is sworn in.

by Anonymousreply 211October 10, 2019 4:00 AM

^^ to imagine

by Anonymousreply 212October 10, 2019 4:00 AM

A lot going on at once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 10, 2019 9:26 AM

Trump speaking about he Kurds and ISIS:

"They didn't help us win WW2, they didn't help us at Normandy."

"ISIS will got back to Europe where they came from"

Impeach the fucker now!! He is insane!

by Anonymousreply 214October 10, 2019 11:57 AM

Amazing how quickly everything is spiralling down for Trump. He's managed to anger and alienate the following in approximately the last 2weeks:

1) Whistleblowers and Intelligence Community

2) Kurds and GOP / Evangelicals / Military

3) Defiance in Death of Brit by US Diplomat / Brits

4) Constitutional Obstruction and Dems

5) Release of Book with additional 40+ Accusations of Sexual Assault /Women

6) Releasing ISIS into Europe/ International European Allies

7) Chinese Tariffs / China and U.S. Farmers and Businesses

8) North Korea and Breakdown of Talks

9) Israel and Bibi snub

No wonder Fox et al are turning: they sense the shifting winds. The worldwide public is beginning to become enraged.

by Anonymousreply 215October 10, 2019 12:26 PM

Mulvaney has been associated with scandal for a long lime, well before Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216October 10, 2019 1:22 PM

Mark Meadows, known as "the Trump Whisperer" (and it ain't limited to sweet nothings), is stepping down as head of the so-called House Freedom Caucus.

Another fervent Trumpster, Andy Biggs of Arizona, will assume the role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 10, 2019 1:51 PM

Whatever happens, we must ensure Mike Pence never, ever becomes our President.

by Anonymousreply 218October 10, 2019 1:54 PM

WSJ:

Two Foreign-Born Men Who Helped Giuliani on Ukraine Arrested on Campaign-Finance Charges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219October 10, 2019 2:08 PM

While the president has publicly faced allegations from two dozen women, a new book – All the President's Women: Donald Trump and the Making of a Predator – reveals another 43 allegations of alleged inappropriate behavior, including 26 instances of unwanted sexual contact. The book will be released October 22.

Whoever is the Dem nominee should bring all 43 women to each debate with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 220October 10, 2019 2:20 PM

[quote]Whoever is the Dem nominee should bring all 43 women to each debate with Trump.

Will that inçlude Lá Senatorita? Oh wait, you said 'unwanted'. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 221October 10, 2019 2:28 PM

NBC: Trump lashes out over Fox News poll that shows majority support his impeachment

"From the day I announced I was running for President, I have NEVER had a good @FoxNews Poll," Trump tweeted. "Whoever their Pollster is, they suck. But @FoxNews is also much different than it used to be in the good old days. With people like Andrew Napolitano, who wanted to be a Supreme Court Justice & I turned him down (he's been terrible ever since), Shep Smith, @donnabrazile (who gave Crooked Hillary the debate questions & got fired from @CNN), & others, @FoxNews doesn't deliver for US anymore. It is so different than it used to be."

"Oh well, I'm President!" he added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 10, 2019 2:51 PM

Washington Post:

A lawyer responded to impeachment probe in Comic Sans. Even the font’s creator cringed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 10, 2019 2:55 PM

Is this why Trump thinks Pompeo's jockstrap is weighty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 10, 2019 2:55 PM

Noting that reporters are becoming more persistent in their questioning. Hats off to our journalists. They've been bringing it to the forefront as of late.

Did you see the Reuters guy at the Trump-Finnish press Q & A? What about the Pence interview where he stutters and fumbles when asked about The Bidens? And then there was Chuck Todd this week-end who surprisingly called out Ron Johnson.

Now the public can start hitting folks with persistence: Amy, the independent voter who cut to the chaste with Erni Josnt. And the Moscow Mitch protests in Kentucky.

Any Minneapolis folks here? Protests planned for tonight? I'd go if I were there.

If we can keep the pressure on ALL elected officials, that's something. It's the least we can do for The Kurds and Hong Kong.

by Anonymousreply 225October 10, 2019 3:02 PM

Congressman-1 confirmed to be Pete Sessions.

by Anonymousreply 226October 10, 2019 3:06 PM

Everyone protesting should blow a whistle. Warren, Biden, here's your opportunity to earn some swag money.

by Anonymousreply 227October 10, 2019 3:08 PM

I'm getting a nice stainless steel version for use around deplorable defenders.

by Anonymousreply 228October 10, 2019 3:09 PM

[quote]Amy, the independent voter who cut to the chaste with Erni Josnt.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 229October 10, 2019 3:10 PM

Does this belong in this thread or the Shit Has Hit the Fan Tread?

Either way , shit is getting real. Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 10, 2019 3:16 PM

[quote]Amy, the independent voter who cut to the chaste with Erni Josnt. Pics please. —TIA!

Ha ha, good one R229!

by Anonymousreply 231October 10, 2019 3:18 PM

And we thought the Recess will slow things down.

by Anonymousreply 232October 10, 2019 3:20 PM

r230 see r219

by Anonymousreply 233October 10, 2019 3:21 PM

Reuters:

Deutsche Bank tells court it doesn't hold Trump's tax returns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 10, 2019 3:31 PM

SF Chronicle:

As Pelosi takes on Trump, longtime ally Adam Schiff leads the way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235October 10, 2019 3:33 PM

Graham, you enabled it. Late to be trying to fix the unfixable. You want Trump to be "joining us"? Trump is the opposition you unpatriotic displaying sychophant.

Shut up and go have your damn vapors!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236October 10, 2019 3:37 PM

Bloomberg:

Trump Urged Top Aide to Help Giuliani Client Facing DOJ Charges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 10, 2019 3:44 PM

A PAC Backed by Giuliani Henchmen Spent Millions for Member Who Targeted Ukraine AmbassadoR (pete sessions co ngressman 1)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 10, 2019 3:55 PM

Five states, Kansas, South Carolina, Nevada, Arizona, and Alaska, and growing, have cancelled 2020 GOP presidential primaries. The Trump controlled RNC has tightened rules that allow challenges at the convention as well as seating non-Trump delegates.

So, Republicans are freezing out primary challenges for an unimpeded ceremonial anointment; then cheat (again) like hell in the general election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239October 10, 2019 4:25 PM

Financial Times: Trump China Advisor Mike Pillsbury says China gave him info about Hunter Biden the same week Donald Trump urged China to investigate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 10, 2019 4:32 PM

Omg R240.

Literally the same thing happened after “Russia, if you’re listening...”

by Anonymousreply 241October 10, 2019 5:42 PM

See? THis is what I'm talking about!!! Sessions has been outed, and we know there a re more of them. So let's thank these reporters and push them to give us more! And I fully support the idea of buying a silver whistle and hanging it around your neck. It is a way of showing support for the Whistleblower.

by Anonymousreply 242October 10, 2019 5:57 PM

Sessions, who was defeated in 2018, was apparently plotting a comeback, with help from Giuliani and the two guys who were just arrested. I guess that’s been iced. Nice!

by Anonymousreply 243October 10, 2019 6:06 PM

What is the deal with all these GOP trash heaps with the last name “Sessions”? I’ve never even heard it before Trump brought all of these creatures onto the main stage.

by Anonymousreply 244October 10, 2019 6:11 PM

Lev Parnas gave thousands to Kevin McCarthy

by Anonymousreply 245October 10, 2019 6:17 PM

Here is an excerpt from the book R220 mentioned...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 10, 2019 6:34 PM

R246

by Anonymousreply 247October 10, 2019 6:38 PM

By George, ......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 10, 2019 6:45 PM

Ole Puss is tweeting about Biden and the 2020 election rather than addressing the dismal circumstances of the Kurds.

She's in the WH on the gov't payroll.

So disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249October 10, 2019 6:55 PM

The FT article in R240's post is behind a paywall. Can someone post a summary? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 250October 10, 2019 6:59 PM

George's comments covered by CNN.

'letter is garbage'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251October 10, 2019 7:01 PM

The Russians were leaving the country on a one-way ticket, per the presser by the FBI and DOJ.

by Anonymousreply 252October 10, 2019 7:15 PM

Nunes & Huckabee don't realize that the concept of a Kangaroo Court and the old TV character, Captain Kangaroo, have nothing in common.

Idiotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 10, 2019 7:17 PM

WSJ: Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman had lunch with Rudy Giuliani at the Trump hotel in Washington YESTERDAY. They were arrested later that night at Dulles, where they were awaiting an international flight.....

by Anonymousreply 254October 10, 2019 7:27 PM

On a certain level, one has to admire Stormy Daniels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 10, 2019 7:29 PM

'Mother' Pence & Laura Trump rally "Women for Trump" in Minneapolis.

Did they skip out on paying the security bill too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 10, 2019 7:40 PM

^Lara

by Anonymousreply 257October 10, 2019 7:43 PM

I would love to see Lara Trump’s head on a pike in front of the White House when this is all over.

by Anonymousreply 258October 10, 2019 7:47 PM

so doesn't this mean Giuliani is in legal jeopardy too? WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM ARRESTED

but I doubt it. They'll treat him like royalty

by Anonymousreply 259October 10, 2019 7:54 PM

From the article at R246 "In 1998, when he had been separated from Maples for about a year, he went to the Kit Kat Club for a party for a Victoria’s Secret model with Norwegian heiress Celina Midelfart, who was in her mid-twenties and living in Trump Tower while studying at New York University, as his date."

Another article about pervert scum trump, but the name Celina Midelfart stood out. Girl needs to change her name.

by Anonymousreply 260October 10, 2019 7:55 PM

[quote]so doesn't this mean Giuliani is in legal jeopardy too? WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM ARRESTED.

He just needs an interview with Dana Bash on CNN, and it is all cleared up.

by Anonymousreply 261October 10, 2019 7:59 PM

r249:

@kurteichenwald

Replying to @KellyannePolls

What if they were yours being bombed, KellyAnne? Would you care then? Are you so sociopathic nothing matters but power, incapable of empathy or humanity? Your kids will learn someday of your evil.

And don't tell us when you leave you secretly opposed. The blood won't wash off.

Kellyanne - I notice you are tweeting about the election while Kurdish children are being bombed and slaughtered because of your bosses's immoral & uninformed decisions.

How do you live with yourself? Seriously. At least shut up until the children's bodies are cold.

by Anonymousreply 262October 10, 2019 8:02 PM

Kellyanne's response....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 10, 2019 8:07 PM

R244 To be fair, Sessions’ father used to be director of the FBI. He’s not a complete random.

by Anonymousreply 264October 10, 2019 8:18 PM

The Hill:

House Democrats subpoena Rick Perry in impeachment inquiry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265October 10, 2019 8:19 PM

Lindz got pranked and spilled tea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 10, 2019 8:26 PM

r256 - “He cares so much about women, about men, and he cares so much about this country,” Lara Trump said.

by Anonymousreply 267October 10, 2019 8:26 PM

^^^BURN HER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 268October 10, 2019 9:12 PM

DJT is mentally unfit for the job. Congress should demand he have a thorough mental health examination including a battery of clinical tests. No spinned report from WH physician Jackson. DJT's own selfish adult children and Melania should insist on it for DJT's own personal well-being, and certainly that of the country. The corrupt cabinet needs to push it. This could be done at Walter Reed or wherever credible. While medical records have a private dimension, it should be verified if mental fitness is fully evident, and reported to Congress. He isn't. No stable, sane person would exhibit his bizarre and habitually unethical behaviors that look blatantly criminal. He doesn't hide it so much, just lies about it pathologically. Sociopathic functioning with progressive dementia, is an alarming combination.

by Anonymousreply 269October 10, 2019 9:16 PM

From Nicolle Wallace's show: Regarding Parnas and Fruman, Cheeto sez "I don't know them. You'd have to ask Rudy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270October 10, 2019 9:23 PM

Is Nicolle Wallace still hooking up with Mike Schmidt from the NYT? He’s such an ugly little troll and she is just gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 271October 10, 2019 9:28 PM

Where is Senator Burr hosing today? Under the desk? In a coat closet? In the bushes out back?

by Anonymousreply 272October 10, 2019 9:30 PM

Schmidt is definitley as aspie. I have a feeling that he keeps his little black jacket on when he has sex

by Anonymousreply 273October 10, 2019 9:30 PM

WSJ:

White House Shifted Authority Over Ukraine Aid Amid Legal Concerns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 10, 2019 10:08 PM

CNN:

GOP senator refuses to answer Trump Ukraine question five times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275October 10, 2019 10:10 PM

The two arrested Ukrainians were leaving for Vienna. Giuliani was scheduled to fly to Vienna, too. Why Vienna? Recall that Austria is holding Dimitri Firtash, the hugely corrupt Putin-connected Ukrainian gangster who is fighting extradition to the U.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276October 10, 2019 10:30 PM

Of course Dump is wrong again. The Kurds did fight on the Allied side in WWII.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277October 10, 2019 10:49 PM

A lot of people turn up in Vienna.

by Anonymousreply 278October 10, 2019 10:53 PM

On Nicolle Wallace’s show today Frank Figliuzzi, who’s former FBI, said the level of detail in the Fruman and Parnas indictment, including quotes of incriminating things these guys said, indicates they were probably under electronic surveillance. Hopefully they got Rudy on tape as well.

by Anonymousreply 279October 10, 2019 11:07 PM

WaPo is reporting at least 4 National security officials were alarmed by Trump efforts to pressure Ukraine BEFORE the July 25 Zelensky call.

by Anonymousreply 280October 10, 2019 11:12 PM

The Kurds dwell in a landlocked area. They would not have ships or a navy. Of course they would not be at Normandy. R227 link states their role in Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 281October 10, 2019 11:23 PM

Junior Mint is raging against the media, i.e., NBC, McClatchy newspapers, etc. Poor thing, he's stressed.

And he retweets Sean Spicer. Rather desperate, it looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282October 10, 2019 11:33 PM

[quote]WaPo is reporting at least 4 National security officials were alarmed by Trump efforts to pressure Ukraine BEFORE the July 25 Zelensky call.

Article: At least four nat sec officials were so alarmed by the Trump admin’s attempts to pressure Ukraine for political purposes that they raised concerns with a White House lawyer both before and immediately after Trump’s call with that country’s president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 10, 2019 11:41 PM

Haha, Junior meeting with Giuliani Ukraine buds was all about adoption. Scroll to comments.

Pic of Nunes too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284October 10, 2019 11:42 PM

Was the Nunes Cow involved?

by Anonymousreply 285October 10, 2019 11:50 PM

Here’s a handy key if you ever find yourself stumped:

Adoption = lifting Russian sanctions

Corruption = smearing Biden

by Anonymousreply 286October 10, 2019 11:54 PM

Pence was photographed with the two arrested Ukranians, along with Trump. So Pence is not off the hook.

by Anonymousreply 287October 11, 2019 12:04 AM

is it possible that this arrest was siloed off from the AG office or did the AGs office do this to keep it “in-house”?

by Anonymousreply 288October 11, 2019 12:08 AM

r270, Trump with the Mariah answer: "I don't know them".

by Anonymousreply 289October 11, 2019 12:25 AM

On every good Tarot card card reading, this one near immediately is revealed wheñ asking about Lindsey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290October 11, 2019 12:45 AM

[bold]LA Times: Trump's children take in millions overseas as president slams Biden's son[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 11, 2019 12:47 AM

Miz Lindzey pranked by Russians.

Well, what you know? DL must have converted our dear Boris from the dark side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292October 11, 2019 12:54 AM

^It was those rimming and 'presenting hole' threads that changed Boris; unfortunately, not politics.

by Anonymousreply 293October 11, 2019 12:57 AM

Fox is showing Trump rally.

by Anonymousreply 294October 11, 2019 1:04 AM

Who knew the Senatrice was a huge hypocrite? Right?

From the Politico article:

[quote]The substance of Graham’s conversation with Stolyarov, who was posing as Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar, is newly relevant in light of the South Carolina senator’s push for sanctions on Turkey as punishment for their offensive against the Kurds in northern Syria. Graham labeled the Kurds a “threat” to Turkey in the call, seemingly contradicting what he has said publicly in recent days.

[quote]“Your YPG Kurdish problem is a big problem,” Graham told the pranksters. He was referring to the Kurdish People’s Protection Units, a group that began fighting ISIS as part of the Syrian Democratic Forces in 2015—with support from the U.S.—but is considered a terrorist group by Turkey because of its push to establish an autonomous state for the Kurds on the Turkish-Syrian border.

[quote]“I told President Trump that Obama made a huge mistake in relying on the YPG Kurds,” Graham continued. “Everything I worried about has come true, and now we have to make sure Turkey is protected from this threat in Syria. I’m sympathetic to the YPG problem, and so is the president, quite frankly.”

[quote]Graham also mentions Trump’s personal interest in a “Turkish bank case” in the call that appears to refer to a U.S. case involving Reza Zarrab, an Iranian-Turkish gold trader and client of Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani. Bloomberg reported on Wednesday that Trump had asked then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in 2017 to help persuade the Justice Department to drop the Zarrab case.

by Anonymousreply 295October 11, 2019 1:25 AM

[quote]Fox is showing Trump rally.

Why wouldn’t they? Was there some other story today?

by Anonymousreply 296October 11, 2019 1:34 AM

I still can't believe Trump willingly released the Ukrainian call notes.

by Anonymousreply 297October 11, 2019 1:39 AM

But of course they are r294.

by Anonymousreply 298October 11, 2019 1:43 AM

Trump released the phone call memo for the same reason Diaper Don (Jr.) released his emails about the Trump Tower meeting. They think if they release it, people will think it must be above board.

by Anonymousreply 299October 11, 2019 2:00 AM

Is Laura Ingraham there fapping away in a corner Of the studio at each of his fact-free outbursts at the rally?

by Anonymousreply 300October 11, 2019 2:00 AM

A senior advisor to Pompeo just resigned. I wonder if he was a whistleblower.

by Anonymousreply 301October 11, 2019 2:04 AM

Dump says he does not know Giuliani's goons, but one of them posted pics and video of their WH dinner with Dump on FB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302October 11, 2019 2:12 AM

Damn, Trump lies about everything, doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 303October 11, 2019 2:18 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 304October 11, 2019 2:22 AM

At this point it's like an established law of physics, or something, that when a conservative (like Trump) accuses his opposition of something it's an admission of doing that very thing himself.

by Anonymousreply 305October 11, 2019 2:24 AM

Politico:

‘A great big money party’: Foreign efforts to influence Trump keep piling up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306October 11, 2019 2:25 AM

The Syria move is truly shocking. Yet, the GOP stays with him which tells you everything you need to know about them. Horrible political party.

by Anonymousreply 307October 11, 2019 2:45 AM

The GOP is, albeit slowly, getting daylight between themselves and the Trump administration. But it needs to build faster.

This is just going to continue to snowball and the WH is not going to be able to stop it.

Pompeo's senior aid is resigning because of the demoralizing effect it is having on career diplomats....more will come. And more will talk.

by Anonymousreply 308October 11, 2019 2:50 AM

We cannot allow the GOP to suddenly change their support and then act as if none of this happened. We must hold them accountable and drive the traitors out.

by Anonymousreply 309October 11, 2019 2:52 AM

R309 That is what they want- they will suddenly have enough (maybe) and then try to change the subject and want all forgiven. No. We cannot allow them to be forgiven. Their actions were too egregious and for too long. They are nothing but snakes.

by Anonymousreply 310October 11, 2019 3:01 AM

It may take a few years, R309, but I believe that ultimately every Republican will believe that that Russia hacked the 2016 election. They will aggressively argue it. That will be their excuse. It wasn't their fault at all, it was those fucking Russians.

by Anonymousreply 311October 11, 2019 3:01 AM

George Will, in the Washington Post:

"His decision regarding Syria and the Kurds was made so flippantly that it has stirred faint flickers of thinking among Congress’s vegetative Republicans."

by Anonymousreply 312October 11, 2019 3:03 AM

R309, agreed, but keep that in the back pocket. Key now is to give them a permission structure to leave the cult. Get Cheeto out. Then turn to them.

by Anonymousreply 313October 11, 2019 3:10 AM

After Trump the GOP should be disbanded and none of them should ever be allowed to criticize a Liberal government official. Those assholes have forsaken their right to get on their high horses and express their bigoted and hypocritical idea of free speech.

by Anonymousreply 314October 11, 2019 3:17 AM

What would be tremendous and perfect is for him to get removed and he goes in on them and tells his rabid zombie horde to vote against all Republicans. They'd lose every Senate seat except maybe 5 they are currently up for.

by Anonymousreply 315October 11, 2019 3:18 AM

He needs to create his own party: Nationalist. Split the gop.

by Anonymousreply 316October 11, 2019 3:21 AM

R312, Turkey is sending death squads into Syria. They are called "Arab militias," but they are going in with the Turkish troops to ethnically cleanse the Kurdish area of Syria, and we know what that means.

I remember when we were against that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 317October 11, 2019 3:27 AM

You know I sometimes wonder if the Republicans believe this is IT? I mean that they believe they are never going to give up power so they don't give a fuck. They intend to go through the motions of having elections, but they firmly believe, this cabal of corrupt old white men, that they will hang on to power forever. Graham, all of them. I don't trust Sasse or anyone of them to walk away.

I think they will stand with Trump not because they like him, or because they're "afraid," but because they basically agree with him, and have been completely corrupted by Russian money. They have been drifting in this direction for years. Right now the news media is really all we have. Not saying many of them are clean, but they're all we have and with the internet it is harder to censor the news that's why the fascist bastards have to accelerate their disinformation campaign.

by Anonymousreply 318October 11, 2019 3:30 AM

[quote] What would be tremendous and perfect is for him to get removed and he goes in on them and tells his rabid zombie horde to vote against all Republicans. They'd lose every Senate seat except maybe 5 they are currently up for.

The voting process is a scam. The GOP hacked the votes for decades to give them at least enough power to block the Democratic Party's more progressive efforts. That's the very thing Putin exploited and that's the thing the GOP is most afraid of coming out.

by Anonymousreply 319October 11, 2019 3:32 AM

We need to bring whistles and bags of dirt to his rallies.

by Anonymousreply 320October 11, 2019 3:45 AM

Bolton got a book deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321October 11, 2019 4:12 AM

I'm starting to think that the DoJ should be separated from the Executive Branch -- it can be too political and partisan. The Attorney General and the staff of the DoJ should be as free from political influence as possible -- just investigating crimes and bringing criminals to justice, not changing every 4/8 years to focus on one aspect of law or another aspect of law. Of course, I don't know how this could come about, but given events in recent years, something has to be done.

by Anonymousreply 322October 11, 2019 4:15 AM

The moment you put a human being in a position of power it will corrupt him (if he wasn't corrupt in the first place). Obama was an exception, because he wasn't really in a position of power since he knew, even thinking of stepping out of line would give the conservative opposition enough ammo to impeach him. For the Republicans and the right wing media it would have been very easy to rile up the bigots and racists and legitimize their hate by uncovering any of Obama's shady activity.

by Anonymousreply 323October 11, 2019 4:43 AM

I just said it in another thread and I'm repeating myself here.

Trump should not be allowed to run for the presidency again in 2020. He is clearly a liar and a cheat who puts self interest and personal profits before the safety and well being of our country.

He will drag the election into ugly depths of depravity, smearing whoever runs against him. He will foment hate and violence. He and his ilk (McConnell and the whole corrupt crew) need to be banned from public office and preferable sent to prison.

People who want to run for public office need to pass background checks. It's harder to get a job with a local school than it is to qualify for president.

by Anonymousreply 324October 11, 2019 4:52 AM

The party is supposed to "vet" these candidates, r324.

For all of the screaming Bern victims did about the "super delegates" the DNC had in 2016, at least they would have prevented the fucking traitorous joke the RNC got stuck with.

by Anonymousreply 325October 11, 2019 5:07 AM

These people are the reason why the guillotine was invented.

by Anonymousreply 326October 11, 2019 5:53 AM

[quote] The party is supposed to "vet" these candidates,

They do by checking if the candidate's conservative and corrupt agenda aligns with their conservative and corrupt agenda.

by Anonymousreply 327October 11, 2019 6:15 AM

I have been reading about his rally in Minneapolis. He really is scarily insane and without morals whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 328October 11, 2019 6:25 AM

He has always been the biggest liar on earth, he lies about everything but his followers don't care. It kind of amazes me that none of them have any morals at all.

by Anonymousreply 329October 11, 2019 6:42 AM

r329, they want to be lied to so they can stay in their bigot bubble instead of having to face the fact that their fear and hate is holding them prisoner.

by Anonymousreply 330October 11, 2019 6:45 AM

During Trump rally, Fox was running scripts as breaking news and highlighting bogus claims.

That network hasn't changed. And Trump introducing Tom Cotton was sickening.

by Anonymousreply 331October 11, 2019 9:37 AM

Lachlan Murdoch who runs Fox puts out the deplorable propaganda. Until the snake heads are confronted, and accountability is demanded, he's going to continue the manipulative and deceptive messaging.

by Anonymousreply 332October 11, 2019 9:53 AM

Of all people experienced with gentlemen calling, Lindzey falling prey to a prànkster is quite perplexing.

Doesn't Lindz realize some men are seeking sordid information, and are not phoning to flirt and make some date?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333October 11, 2019 10:16 AM

[quote] by uncovering any of Obama's shady activity.

And pray tell, r323, of examples of what "shady activity."

You've contradicted yourself within one paragraph. You write of Obama never stepping out of line because the Repugs would have impeached him, and then refer to his "shady activities". Well, if he engaged in shady activities, why didn't the Repugs impeach him?

Freeper/Dmitri alert at r323. Note that they've developed some subtlety to their nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 334October 11, 2019 10:53 AM

[quote] "His decision regarding Syria and the Kurds was made so flippantly that it has stirred faint flickers of thinking among Congress’s vegetative Republicans."

As usual George Will's modifiers are just a little off, and just a little exoneratory of the Republicans (and retroactively of his own long-time loyalties). Trump didn't make that decision flippantly, he made it venally and conspiratorily with Erdoğan. Congress's Republicans are only vegetative where holding Trump to account goes; otherwise they're very active indeed in undermining the Constitution and the democratic process.

by Anonymousreply 335October 11, 2019 1:14 PM

***BREAKING*** Gordon Sondlund will defy Trump and Barr and spill the tea!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336October 11, 2019 2:12 PM

Self-preservation is kicking in more and more.

Is Yovanovitch speaking? Will they even publicize either way? She actually could be quite damning.

by Anonymousreply 337October 11, 2019 2:15 PM

R334 I may be wrong, but I think the poster was pointing out that, had Obama participated in shady activity, he would have been found out.

On another note, I think it would be amazing (I’m day dreaming about this now) if Dump were actually removed from office. Impeachment isn’t a unique thing, but to be the first president to be removed from office would make him a huge negative person of history. I can dream, can’t I?

by Anonymousreply 338October 11, 2019 2:16 PM

^ meant to add—Obama would have been found out and Republicans would have used it, so he was very scrupulous in keeping his administration ethical.

by Anonymousreply 339October 11, 2019 2:17 PM

What was more disturbing than Trump's rhetoric and antics at the Minneapolis rally, was those attendees reactions to him. As a whole, these people can't be well educated and critical thinkers. If they are going for the entertainment, then their minds are sick, they've become cultists, and have placed a despot above country.

by Anonymousreply 340October 11, 2019 2:21 PM

The former ambassador to Ukraine is testifying now. Per The NY Times, the ambassador to the EU will testify next week despite being ordered by the State Department not to.

by Anonymousreply 341October 11, 2019 2:29 PM

Well well well! All I can say is Mr. Sondland better avoid jail cells and bedding until he's safely inside the committee room.....

by Anonymousreply 342October 11, 2019 2:36 PM

Rudy is as big of a corrupt sleazebag as they come. Rotten to the core.

by Anonymousreply 343October 11, 2019 2:44 PM

Meadows, Biggs, Gym Jordan, Nunes, Ratcliffe, Gohmert, Gaetz, and several other House Republicans, have no parameters when it comes to protecting and enabling Trump and his cohorts. So disgusting having legislators of such ilk.

by Anonymousreply 344October 11, 2019 2:51 PM

Agreed, r344. How many of them do we think also got Russian money funneled into their coffers?

by Anonymousreply 345October 11, 2019 2:54 PM

Money or compromising material.

This gang of 8 or so, should be all be quietly investigated by journalists.

by Anonymousreply 346October 11, 2019 2:56 PM

Federal appeals court rejects Trump's bid to block House subpoena for his financial records

2-1 decision, with the dissenting judge being a Trump appointee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347October 11, 2019 3:03 PM

Does Trump wear the same suit and tie day in and day out now?

You only ever see him in that same blue jacket and red tie.

Anyone else notice this?

by Anonymousreply 348October 11, 2019 3:29 PM

I agree, r344, they give the word ilk a bad name.

by Anonymousreply 349October 11, 2019 3:46 PM

Yes, the court appointees of Trump and Moscow Mitch are certainly going to distinguish themselves

by Anonymousreply 350October 11, 2019 4:04 PM

WSJ:

Former Ambassador Yovanovitch Questioned on Capitol Hill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351October 11, 2019 4:09 PM

In other whistle-blowing news....

Washington Post: These CEOs broke the rules at a secretive summit to expose a billionaire’s crude sexual comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352October 11, 2019 4:57 PM

Washington Post:

New revelations about Trump test Pelosi’s narrow impeachment strategy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353October 11, 2019 4:59 PM

The crimes might be numerous but the impeachment articles can be boiled down to 2-3.

by Anonymousreply 354October 11, 2019 5:03 PM

ABC:

Giuliani's relationship with arrested men subject of criminal investigation: Sources

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355October 11, 2019 5:09 PM

Yeah R355 when I first heard the news about the associates' arrests I immediately thought how easy a conspiracy argument could be made. GhoulLiani is likely going down. No way in hell can he emerge unscathed by this. I think Carter Page was THE ONLY person Rachel Maddow said would get in trouble that didn't. She seems very confident Rudy GhoulLiani is going down.

by Anonymousreply 356October 11, 2019 5:16 PM

r336....Sondland said he would appear....provided the WH doesnt block him....AND he refuses to turn over documents. So basically, he will appear so he doesnt get arrested, but he wont say anything and wont produce documents.

by Anonymousreply 357October 11, 2019 5:20 PM

R357, his position about the documents--that they are under the control of the State Department--is probably correct.

by Anonymousreply 358October 11, 2019 5:37 PM

I noticed the troll's attempt to take over the narrative (the shit has hit the fan thread) is going strong. Russia will do anything to try to protect their pawn.

by Anonymousreply 359October 11, 2019 5:39 PM

"What was more disturbing than Trump's rhetoric and antics at the Minneapolis rally, was those attendees reactions to him. As a whole, these people can't be well educated and critical thinkers. If they are going for the entertainment, then their minds are sick, they've become cultists, and have placed a despot above country."

umm you fool - most of them are paid to be there - especially the ones on camera in back of him.

by Anonymousreply 360October 11, 2019 5:40 PM

[quote]2-1 decision, with the dissenting judge being a Trump appointee

Why aren't they required to recuse themselves from cases directly involving the person that gave them their job?

by Anonymousreply 361October 11, 2019 5:47 PM

Overheard at work today "if that were me, I'd be as scarce as ethics in the white house"

Now there's a metaphor for you

by Anonymousreply 362October 11, 2019 5:55 PM

Trump needs to release the Erdogan phone call transcript.

What was said that had Trump move so fast?

Did Erdogan tell Trump what Putin wanted?

by Anonymousreply 363October 11, 2019 6:45 PM

R273 - “ Schmidt is definitley as aspie. I have a feeling that he keeps his little black jacket on when he has sex.”

Lol! I cannot look at that no-neck gremlin. I’m sorry, but wearing the same piece of clothing over and over is tacky and disturbing. I’d love to hear his justification. Ms. Maddow also comes to mind, but I reluctantly give her a pass, because she looks cleaner, and is way more smarter and interesting than Schmidt.

by Anonymousreply 364October 11, 2019 7:31 PM

What does our Nicolle see in him??? ^^

by Anonymousreply 365October 11, 2019 7:38 PM

[quote]I'm starting to think that the DoJ should be separated from the Executive Branch -- it can be too political and partisan. The Attorney General and the staff of the DoJ should be as free from political influence as possible -- just investigating crimes and bringing criminals to justice, not changing every 4/8 years to focus on one aspect of law or another aspect of law. Of course, I don't know how this could come about, but given events in recent years, something has to be done.

YES! Something like the Federal Reserve.

by Anonymousreply 366October 11, 2019 8:17 PM

I agree it should be separate, but it also has to be accountable. Because in the wrong hands it would be a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 367October 11, 2019 8:26 PM

Shep Smith leaving Fox News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368October 11, 2019 8:40 PM

Will Shep spill the secrets? I'm thinking yes.

by Anonymousreply 369October 11, 2019 8:44 PM

Maybe, if the "next chapter" he spoke of means writing a tell-all. But he worked there for so many years, I tend to doubt he'll do that.

by Anonymousreply 370October 11, 2019 8:53 PM

R365 - “ What does our Nicolle see in him???“

Good question. I would say that apparently, there is a type for everyone‘s fancy. What that fancy entails is privi to Nicole, and anyone else’s guess. Eeeek.

r 364

by Anonymousreply 371October 11, 2019 9:00 PM

Hes hung like a mule.

by Anonymousreply 372October 11, 2019 9:12 PM

He certainly looks like a mule.

by Anonymousreply 373October 11, 2019 10:59 PM

Shep Smith has quit Fox News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374October 11, 2019 11:18 PM

Trump's going to throw Rudy under the bus:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375October 11, 2019 11:40 PM

Matt Drudge sours on Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376October 11, 2019 11:50 PM

My impression is that Sondlund plans to defend Trump and slime the Bidens.

by Anonymousreply 377October 11, 2019 11:52 PM

And now McAleenan is out.

Who’s next?

by Anonymousreply 378October 11, 2019 11:52 PM

NYT:

Trump Taxes: Justice Dept. Asks Judges to Block Subpoena

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379October 11, 2019 11:55 PM

The goddamned DOJ can eat shit and die.

by Anonymousreply 380October 12, 2019 12:00 AM

That's what I've been thinking, too, R377. Sondlund is considered a rabid conservative. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. There's something 'Millerish' about him.

by Anonymousreply 381October 12, 2019 12:08 AM

Speaking of Matt Drudge....did that queen ever come out?

by Anonymousreply 382October 12, 2019 12:20 AM

The Acting Homeland Security Secretary is stepping down, ostensibly to "spend more time with his family"

Sure, Jan!

by Anonymousreply 383October 12, 2019 12:22 AM

Former Ukraine Amb. Yovanovitch leaves Capitol after testifying for 10 hours today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384October 12, 2019 12:41 AM

Trump's trying to pull an "I don't know her" with Giuliani

by Anonymousreply 385October 12, 2019 1:25 AM

As well he might, R385. Rudy is probably going to be indicted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386October 12, 2019 2:04 AM

Um...given that Rudy was US Attorney for SDNY, should they really be the ones investigating him?

by Anonymousreply 387October 12, 2019 2:06 AM

I see Barr's fingerprints on this. Will Rudy take the fall for Trump? Deniability.

by Anonymousreply 388October 12, 2019 2:14 AM

It’s all quite incestuous, isn’t it, r387. They’re all in bed with each other.

by Anonymousreply 389October 12, 2019 2:16 AM

R387, Rudy hasn't been in that office for a thousand years. They wouldn't even be investigating him if the fix was in.

by Anonymousreply 390October 12, 2019 2:23 AM

But weren't these the same people who kept in hooked into the investigation into Hillary's buttery males? Or was that the NY FBI office?

by Anonymousreply 391October 12, 2019 2:25 AM

R391, yes, different agencies. That was the NY FBI.

by Anonymousreply 392October 12, 2019 2:27 AM

Rudy had a security company or some other business interests along with the now convicted felon and former police chief Bernie Kerik (remember him?) that used to employ some of the former Cops and FBI agents attached to the SDNY, and those "retirees" were among the main people spreading the filth about Hillary in 201y6. Now Rudy has been gone from the U.S. Attorney's office for maybe 20 yrs. But he still has friends in that arena.

by Anonymousreply 393October 12, 2019 2:31 AM

Rudy was last in the USAO for the SDNY IN 1989 — 30 years ago. Most of the lawyers who served under him have moved on, retired, or died. Of the few who remain, most probably think Rudy is a jerk — because he is. Plus, the lawyers in that office are among the best we have in the country. They are tough as nails prosecutors who pride themselves on being exceptionally smart and highly ethical. I seriously doubt that any of them would be willing to do a “favor” for Rudy. And certainly not in this high-profile of a case. They smell blood in the water — he’s not getting any sort of a break. And if Barr attempts to intervene they will run to The NY Times.

by Anonymousreply 394October 12, 2019 2:41 AM

I suspect that Barr signed off on this investigation, as he did with the investigation and arrest of Giuliani's Ukrainian associates. Trump and Barr know that Giuliani has outlived his usefulness, so they are willing to cut him loose and have him take the fall for Trump. That's consistent with Trump's announcement that he was adding a new lawyer (Mr. Charisma, Trey Gowdy) to his legal team. He'd been planning on replacing Rudy. But all of this could be very short-sighted. Rudy, like Michael Cohen before him, may have plenty of evidence proving that everything he did was with Trump's knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 395October 12, 2019 3:06 AM

Anybody asked Rudy how it feels under the bus?

by Anonymousreply 396October 12, 2019 3:07 AM

r387 What were Hillary's buttery males? I missed that.

by Anonymousreply 397October 12, 2019 3:13 AM

Nevermind R387, I Googled it.

by Anonymousreply 398October 12, 2019 3:15 AM

We know Rudy kept emails from the State Dept. I'm wondering if he also made tapes.

by Anonymousreply 399October 12, 2019 5:32 AM

I think the Repugs think Trump is unelectable now, so they want to get Pence in there as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 400October 12, 2019 6:24 AM

Trump's Senate favorites now are Tom Cottontail and Rand Paul. Tom goes to Trump rallies. Lindsey is not all too pleased. Trump did not consult with Lindsey on Syrian withdrawal and Lindsey is mad as a wet hen about it. And Trump did not scold those Russians for pranking Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 401October 12, 2019 9:40 AM

Larry Hogan said he supports the impeachment inquiry. Hogan had considered running in 2020. Wonder if he sees an opening.

by Anonymousreply 402October 12, 2019 12:55 PM

He probably wants to run for Senate against Chris Van Hollen in 2022. Not a snowballs chance of that happening if he comes out as pro-Trump.

by Anonymousreply 403October 12, 2019 1:02 PM

The RNC is totally infested with Trump operatives and loyalists. They are busy trying to get states to cancel GOP primaries. Kansas, SC, Nevada, Arizona, and Alaska have done so to date. No primary debates, and they are changing convention rules so that everything is pro-Trump and a coronation. No other GOP candidate has a chance at any kind of a fair shot. That would include someone such as Romney or Kasich, and they know it. And someone needs to follow that RNC money flow. It may now be a front for money flow favorable to Putin's interests.

by Anonymousreply 404October 12, 2019 1:54 PM

Tell me again who rigs elections?? ^^

by Anonymousreply 405October 12, 2019 3:03 PM

In his speech last night, Trump promised the crowd that he would defeat socialism and put a man on the face of the moon! The crowd cheered.

Brian Williams and his panel had some fun with it last night.

Here's a funny twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406October 12, 2019 3:07 PM

Politico:

‘Rudy Giuliani needs to stop talking’: Trump team tires of Giuliani

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407October 12, 2019 4:02 PM

Reuters:

Trump defends Giuliani in tweet after report on federal probe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408October 12, 2019 4:05 PM

The Hill:

McConnell tightlipped as impeachment furor grows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409October 12, 2019 4:07 PM

Newsweek:

Analysis: A Mike Pence Presidency Is No Longer Just Dinner Party Chatter in DC — Is He Up to the Job?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410October 12, 2019 4:09 PM

NYT: James Comey Would Like to Help

What he is doing, exactly, is not entirely clear even to him. Rather than proceed with the standard arc of an erstwhile intelligence leader — think tanks, corporate boards, studied political silence — Mr. Comey has pledged to spend the next 13 months working to drive Mr. Trump from power.

The former F.B.I. director, a lover of order, sees little of it in a norm-smashing president spiraling toward impeachment, riffing on “sick and deranged” Democrats at a recent rally and playacting the dialogue of F.B.I. officials like an insult comic. In this concern, Mr. Comey has ample company. In this company, he carries a kind of customized psychic baggage.

Who can know how it feels to wonder, to have everyone you meet wonder, if the president is standing behind that seal because of you?

“Thanks for giving us Donald Trump,” an older woman heckled recently, adding an expletive as Mr. Comey strolled through a Yale Law School building, where he had come for a talk that focused largely on his fateful 2016 decisions and attendant personal anguish.

“Thank you for the feedback,” he told her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411October 12, 2019 4:13 PM

USA Today:

Kamala Harris to Trump Jr: 'You wouldn’t know a joke if one raised you'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412October 12, 2019 4:15 PM

[quote] “Thanks for giving us Donald Trump,” an older woman heckled recently, adding an expletive as Mr. Comey strolled through a Yale Law School building, where he had come for a talk that focused largely on his fateful 2016 decisions and attendant personal anguish.

Multiply his personal anguish by 300 million.

by Anonymousreply 413October 12, 2019 4:31 PM

Junior Mint is messing with the wrong person. If not President, she may be the VP or AG in the next administration starting in January, 2021. As AG, she will prosecute his ass along with other family members. Kimberly 'Pooh 'Bear' Guilfoyle can cry about it all she wants.

by Anonymousreply 414October 12, 2019 4:31 PM

I'm still very angry at James Comey, but I believe in redemption and forgiveness, so anything he can do to help get rid of Trump I'm all in.

by Anonymousreply 415October 12, 2019 4:39 PM

Comey was being undermined by Rudy and the NYC FBI...they were going to get it out there. Still he could have refused to reopen the case!

by Anonymousreply 416October 12, 2019 5:14 PM

I agree, r415. I also believe it was not one thing that elected Dump, it was a perfect storm of events too numerous to name, including horrible weather in Pennsylvania to the dirty campaign against Hillary to, yes, Comey’s announcement.

by Anonymousreply 417October 12, 2019 5:35 PM

When Comey’s book came out, he did several interviews where he gave off a smarmy, self-serving “Aw, shucks,” Boy Scout vibe, and I found it really off-putting. I had no interest in reading his book after that.

He is absolutely partly responsible for Trump being elected. Good for him for trying to make sure he isn’t re-elected, but I’m not going to kiss his ass because of it.

by Anonymousreply 418October 12, 2019 5:38 PM

Oh Hope, just no. Gurl, learn to pick better menz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419October 12, 2019 5:38 PM

R416 - he could have done better.

Like reporting the threatening incident to internal affairs or the Obama DOJ to look into it. But he didn't because he was a coward and wanted to hide.

No pity from me. He was the goddamned DIRECTOR the FBI - he could have fired those blackmailing agents for cause on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 420October 12, 2019 5:44 PM

Trump didn't win OH, PA or MI. It was a perfect storm of cheating. Go back to every election we have had for Anyone. If it is a close race EVERY SINGLE ONE has gone to a Republican. Statistics say that isn't possible. Bush didn't win either election either. That was also attributed to cheating. Both times. But we would have eventually would have gotten to where we are today, it just would have taken longer. Don't be surprised when you see Trump, The GOP and Some Democrats go down.

by Anonymousreply 421October 12, 2019 5:51 PM

What DJT's decision unleashed in Syria needs more thorough coverage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422October 12, 2019 6:07 PM

The thought of Harris as AG is chilling. Bitch has as much unethical, unconstitutional baggage as Dump. No way.

by Anonymousreply 423October 12, 2019 6:45 PM

[quote]McConnell tightlipped as impeachment furor grows

Those last four words aren’t really needed, are they?

by Anonymousreply 424October 12, 2019 6:54 PM

Isn't McTurtle always tight lipped, though? When was the last time he smiled, 1978?

by Anonymousreply 425October 12, 2019 7:20 PM

r423, Boris chill, it ain't gonna happen.

Sally Yates has already been through Congressional approval!

by Anonymousreply 426October 12, 2019 7:28 PM

Marie Yovanovitch is the new Sally Yates. Anyone besides me see that?

by Anonymousreply 427October 12, 2019 7:33 PM

[quote] Marie Yovanovitch is the new Sally Yates. Anyone besides me see that?

Yes. Loved watching her openly walk through the large entryway to Congress. What a huge statement to make about herself without even uttering a word.

Openness. Transparency. Pandora's Box.

by Anonymousreply 428October 12, 2019 7:49 PM

I thought of Sally Yates, too, R427. But this is different. What Marie Yovanovitch has to say can't be disregarded and shrugged off like they did with Sally Yates. This is going to stick and Ms. Yovanovitch is going to have backup from other people who know what happened and are going to talk. Sally Yates was certainly brave and heroic. And she taught us what to expect from Trump and his cronies, a lesson, that so far, that the Democrats have learned the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 429October 12, 2019 8:28 PM

From r422 regarding co-head of Syrian Future Party Hevrin Khalaf:

“She was taken out of her car during a Turkish-backed attack and executed by Turkish backed mercenary factions on the International Road between Qamishlo and Manbij"

While @realDonaldTrump golfs...

by Anonymousreply 430October 12, 2019 9:15 PM

If a Democrat wins the WH in 2020, I vote for Preet Bahara for AG. Harris is too much about Harris.

by Anonymousreply 431October 12, 2019 9:34 PM

Can he be Governor of New York before you guys get him?

by Anonymousreply 432October 12, 2019 9:43 PM

Lindsey & Rudy pay the price for embracing a toxic President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433October 12, 2019 9:59 PM

Washington Post:

Impeachment has put Trump in a different place. He’s showing it every day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434October 12, 2019 10:00 PM

CNN:

Rudy Giuliani says he's unaware he's under investigation for Ukraine involvement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435October 12, 2019 10:01 PM

Harry Reid says he's disappointed in Miss Lindsey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436October 12, 2019 10:03 PM

Washington Post:

Analysis: Democrats’ impeachment gamble paying off in court of public opinion — for now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437October 12, 2019 10:05 PM

The Hill:

Democratic lawmaker says Barr's reported meeting with Murdoch should be investigated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438October 12, 2019 10:08 PM

From Fox (pardon).

Lindsey is turning? Well, for the weekend.

Lindsey isn't so thrilled about his ambitious regional neighbor in South Carolina..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439October 12, 2019 10:11 PM

The Guardian:

Elizabeth Warren trolls Facebook with 'false' Zuckerberg ad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440October 12, 2019 10:11 PM

"go cocks!"

Finally Lindsey, the truth will set you free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441October 12, 2019 10:24 PM

R440 BRILLIANT strategy by Warren! And it's not like Facebook doesn't deserve to be thrown under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 442October 12, 2019 10:56 PM

Warren’s ad does correct the record – neither Facebook nor Zuckerberg has endorsed Trump – but goes on to argue her point: that “Facebook already helped elect Donald Trump once” and that “It’s time to hold Mark Zuckerberg accountable”.

Warren has advocated for antitrust action against major tech companies and has called for Facebook to be broken up into multiple smaller companies.

Last week, leaked transcripts of a July meeting at Facebook revealed that Zuckerberg had promised to “go to the mat” and “fight” if Warren was elected and pursued her plan to break the company up. He also described her antitrust proposal as an “existential” threat and said it would “suck for us”.

Warren appears to relish the fight with Facebook. She shot back: “What would really ‘suck’ is if we don’t fix a corrupt system that lets giant companies like Facebook engage in illegal anticompetitive practices, stomp on consumer privacy rights, and repeatedly fumble their responsibility to protect our democracy.”

A Facebook spokesperson responded to the new ads to CNN, which first reported on them, saying: “If Senator Warren wants to say things she knows to be untrue, we believe Facebook should not be in the position of censoring that speech.”

by Anonymousreply 443October 12, 2019 11:00 PM

So, if you're the Republican donor class and you want Trump out soon, what's your next move? The Ukraine scandal is out, giving the House leave to impeach Trump. The Kurd scandal just gave Republican Senators cover to vote out Trump. Giuliani is being removed as a crutch for Trump. So what is the next crutch to be removed?

I'm thinking it's either Pompeo or Javanka. Pompeo is leading the stonewalling strategy, so get him out of the way, there's another river of leaks. But Javanka don't want to give up power - they need Trump to stay in office - and if they tell him to stay, he'll stay. So I think the Republican donor class needs to step up with a one-two punch... a little Pompeo scandal, just enough to force him out, followed by a JaVanka scandal. Hopefully a juicy JaVanka scandal.

by Anonymousreply 444October 12, 2019 11:14 PM

Graham in that prank phone call and what he said about the Kurds was eye opening. It's not like I give the sneaky turd any credit to begin with, but I did believe he was sincere in his outrage around dump's betrayal. It's clear he's a political opportunist. I have a long list, but he's moved to the top of those I'd like to see given the boot.

by Anonymousreply 445October 12, 2019 11:44 PM

Graham is a pure neocon globalist and a military interventionist when it comes to world hotspots. Trump is focused on personal profit, how foreign governments can help him with his sleazy re-election strategy, and of course, do whatever pleases Putin, his master. Trump doesn't give a shit about democracy and human rights. He favors thuggish autocrats.

The two approaches are bond to conflict.

by Anonymousreply 446October 13, 2019 12:51 AM

^bound, not bond

by Anonymousreply 447October 13, 2019 12:54 AM

Turns out Trump has known Lev Parnas for years, despite the "I don't know her" routine

by Anonymousreply 448October 13, 2019 2:12 AM

r448, Trump say that all the time and his base believes it.

I had an office next door to Trump's in TRUMP TOWER and he said he never met me.

AND I WAS WORKING FOR HIM.

by Anonymousreply 449October 13, 2019 5:38 AM

Giuliani's foreign buddy spreaded money around to certain Republican re-election campaigns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450October 13, 2019 1:13 PM

LOL!! Trump and Sater's father, and Sater all knew one another for years!

by Anonymousreply 451October 13, 2019 4:32 PM

I bought Maddow's book yesterday and I'm going to read it after I finish the Trump/Putin book by Unger. Together they'll fill in a lot of the story. I keep hearing people talk about what the Russians have on Trump, but I think it is the money-laundering and the intertwined business interests. It's the money angle. Also, he is a willing participant not some fucking hostage. He's as bad a mobster as the worst Russian. And if they discover he was involved in trafficking through his modeling agency or his beauty pageants, I will not be among those who are shocked. Trump is scum. He's not some victim he is the perp.

by Anonymousreply 452October 13, 2019 4:36 PM

Politico:

Adam Schiff says whistleblower may not testify in impeachment probe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453October 13, 2019 5:27 PM

NYT:

12 Hours. 4 Syrian Hospitals Bombed. One Culprit: Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454October 13, 2019 5:29 PM

AP:

What's next in the impeachment inquiry as Congress returns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455October 13, 2019 5:34 PM

Politico:

Dems scramble to counter Trump with grassroots impeachment campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456October 13, 2019 5:37 PM

Washington Post:

How two Soviet-born emigres made it into elite Trump circles — and the center of the impeachment storm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457October 13, 2019 5:39 PM

Washington Post:

Trump orders withdrawal of U.S. forces from northern Syria, days after Pentagon downplays possibility

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458October 13, 2019 5:43 PM

Why are these generals even listening to that fool? They take orders from fucking Putin now?

Because that's what this is - direct orders from Putin and if they obey, they're fucking traitors. Those orders are illegal because they are coming from our enemy

by Anonymousreply 459October 13, 2019 5:52 PM

R459, that's actually a complex issue. Our military is trained to obey civilian control. Once they break free of that conditioning and start defying orders, they've taken the first step down the road to military control of the government.

by Anonymousreply 460October 13, 2019 6:05 PM

Notable comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461October 13, 2019 6:05 PM

R460, is correct. But this is yet another in a long list of reasons why tRump is such a grave danger to our continued democracy.

by Anonymousreply 462October 13, 2019 7:02 PM

[quote]SC’s Joe Wilson returning donations from man arrested for illegal influence

Only the one who got caught, right Joe?

by Anonymousreply 463October 13, 2019 7:20 PM

Any lawyers here?

With the developing stories of Lev and Igor, deterioration in Syria, sending US troops to Saudi Arabia for hire, and now information/evidence coming to light that Trump planned to manufacture propaganda to the US public to create a scandal and turn people against Biden, does any of this meet the criteria for treason?

Is not the 45th US president treasonous?

If not, why not?

by Anonymousreply 464October 13, 2019 8:04 PM

R464, OK, but to what end? Whether his conduct meets the definition of treason, the sole means for removing him from office still remains impeachment. Even if he is a traitor (he likely is), DOJ can’t charge him with treason — regardless of whether his conduct meets the definition — until he is out of office. And neither can anyone else.

I suspect that the Democrats in the House are looking at each of those instances you set out to determine his culpability. But charging him as a traitor in the articles of impeachment is political dynamite and fraught with a lot of potential problems for the Democrats. We already have the burgeoning Ukrainian scandal and his refusal to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry. If that is sufficient to get rid of him, then so be it. Once he’s out of office, let the career prosecutors at the Justice Department determine if his conduct also warrants criminal charges.

by Anonymousreply 465October 13, 2019 9:02 PM

[quote]Is not the 45th US president treasonous?

Not a lawyer, but legal minds on the TV have said may times that treason is extremely difficult to prosecute in court. The legal definition of treason is to actively work with a declared enemy of the United States in a declared war. And the last war declared by Congress was WWII, which is also when the last treason charges were prosecuted in the US.

One of the court cases involving the Russian disinformation campaign tried to make an argument that Russia has declared war on the United States; not sure how that would hold up in a US court though.

You can nail them on lots of other criminal charges of course...

by Anonymousreply 466October 13, 2019 9:13 PM

Thanks R465 -

Seems as though Trump's actions are devolving rapidly into what looks like overt treason.

And the gruesome realities being played out are shocking that the man remains in office, and that The United States of America continues to normalise him.

It's astonishing. And incredibly sad.

by Anonymousreply 467October 13, 2019 9:15 PM

[quote]Even if he is a traitor (he likely is), DOJ can’t charge him with treason — regardless of whether his conduct meets the definition — until he is out of office. And neither can anyone else.

Why are you pretending this is a fact?

by Anonymousreply 468October 13, 2019 9:17 PM

R466, it is increasingly speculated that Trump has relations (no, not that kind) with Putin. Trump openly acknowledges his affinity for the man.

Would evidence of Putin-influenced presidential acts not make the cut for treason? Given what is unfolding now in the Middle East?

by Anonymousreply 469October 13, 2019 9:20 PM

Well, Putin's agenda is to weaken the United States and harm us. They're out adversary. If Trump is carrying out the agenda set forth for him by Putin, he is a Russian asset acting against the interests of the United states. We need to disabuse people of these quaint images they have of traitors. This is not some spy movie. This is real life. Yes, Trump is a fucking traitor and what he just did with Turkey, Syria and Saudi Arabia is proof enough, but oh, Lord, we have so much more.

by Anonymousreply 470October 13, 2019 9:25 PM

You don't declare cold wars. You don't declare technological wars. You don't declare political wars. You don't declare terrorist wars. You don't declare guerilla wars.

Trump and the Repugs are traitors.

by Anonymousreply 471October 13, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Where, in fact, are some of you getting that it has to be a declared war? Trump, literally, just removed our troops in order to let Russia "accidentally" bomb our troops and slaughter our allies in a war.

by Anonymousreply 472October 13, 2019 9:35 PM

Not treason...ESPIONAGE!

by Anonymousreply 473October 13, 2019 9:36 PM

R472, the posters are not making it up, that's how the definition of treason was interpreted in (very old) Supreme Court cases.

by Anonymousreply 474October 13, 2019 9:52 PM

R474, was "declared war" the deciding factor in those interpretations? With all these Repug "strict constructuralists" on the Supreme Court, I'm sure they would see it differently since the word 'declared' isn't in the original wording. I mean, they wouldn't be hypocrites, now would they?

We were on the side of the Kurds in a war. Trump has now aided those on the other side of that war. Treason, by all definitions.

by Anonymousreply 475October 13, 2019 10:00 PM

Well what you know? After 24 hours and some "me time", Miss Lindsey is back to being Miss Lindsey and sucking up to Trump.

Lindsey was ignored by Trump in his Syria decision, and it was revealed Lindsey dissed Trump during a prank call from Russians.

But Lindsey is all better now, after being consoled by Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476October 13, 2019 10:22 PM

R475, this isn't a subject that lends itself to a snappy DL answer; there is, in fact, a lot to read about it. Mind you, I'm not arguing that Trump isn't by any ordinary definition a traitor. But there's a specific historical context to the definition of treason in the Constitution; the Framers intended it to be very limited, to prevent abuse. (I believe that the exact language used is copied from a 14th Century British law). The "declared war" component was explained by no less than Chief Justice Marshall is U.S. v. Burr (yes, that would be Aaron Burr; I told you that the cases were old). It's one of the reasons that the Rosenbergs were charged with espionage instead of treason.

by Anonymousreply 477October 13, 2019 10:23 PM

Sounds like Trump shot was a warm, yummy load down The Senatrice's throat and into her belly.

by Anonymousreply 478October 13, 2019 10:28 PM

Dump tweeted a happy birthday message to the US Navy this morning, with a photo of a Russian battle cruiser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479October 13, 2019 10:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480October 13, 2019 11:16 PM

R479, that's a GOP Congressman. From Florida. Adding to the Florida Man memes.

by Anonymousreply 481October 13, 2019 11:21 PM

[quote] Even if he is a traitor (he likely is), DOJ can’t charge him with treason — regardless of whether his conduct meets the definition — until he is out of office. And neither can anyone else.

[quote] Why are you pretending this is a fact?

Can you please explain how the Department of Justice — operating under the current policy as promulgated by the existing OLC memorandum — would charge a sitting President of the United States with the crime of treason? Mueller declined to charge tRump with obstruction because of the OLC memo. How is this any different?

by Anonymousreply 482October 14, 2019 12:28 AM

R482, because you said they can't and no one else can. That is simply not true. They can but are choosing not to and others can but are also choosing not to.

by Anonymousreply 483October 14, 2019 1:11 AM

R482, I'm not a legal person; but is the OLC memo legally binding? Could a prosecutor ignore the memo and let a court decide?

by Anonymousreply 484October 14, 2019 1:12 AM

R484, it is just an opinion and one that is questioned by a huge portion of the legal community. That's only from what I've read and seen discussed on it, though. I'm not a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 485October 14, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote]It's one of the reasons that the Rosenbergs were charged with espionage instead of treason.

But, can a president be charged with espionage when he can legally declassify and share whatever the fuck he wants whenever he feels like it? What could fit under espionage that doesn't fit under that fact?

by Anonymousreply 486October 14, 2019 1:22 AM

Kellyanne has been relentlessly yapping on Fox and tweeting vile claims against Joe & Hunter Biden.

Meanwhile, her husband George, is basically stating Trump is criminally insane and must be removed.

Agree with George. But what kind of game is going on with this? They are able to live together, raise kids, yet show these profound differences in views about Trump in the media. Kellyanne is one of a very few that has remained in this WH from the start. It looks so suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 487October 14, 2019 1:33 AM

Wonder how much business Esper will direct to his old employer, defense contractor Raytheon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488October 14, 2019 1:40 AM

[quote] They can but are choosing not to.

No, that is not accurate. DOJ has determined that the Department lacks the authority at their inception to bring the charges, which means that they cannot bring the charges because there is no authority under existing law and precedent. That is not the same as “choosing not to.” Choosing not to would be where they have the authority, but decline to do so for any of a variety of reasons. I understand that some legal scholars challenge the Department’s legal conclusion. But whether it is possible that DOJ’s prosecutors could bring such charges, at the present time that is not the Department’s position and as long as Barr is there it is not about to change. The practical import is that the Justice Department is not going to bring any treason charges against tRump. In fact, the question is so unsettled that Congress is considering legislation to override the OLC memorandum and specifically give the Department the authority to charge a sitting president.

[quote] and others can but are also choosing not to.

And who exactly would that be? Who has the authority to bring federal treason charges other than DOJ?

by Anonymousreply 489October 14, 2019 1:47 AM

R489, you do not understand what you are talking about. They are choosing to honor an opinion (that precedent you referred to) over the law. That is them choosing to not act. What part of it being an opinion, one that many believe is totally fucking wrong, do you not understand?

Are you going to argue that Trump could, in front of cameras, walk out onto the balcony of the White House, strangle Melania, and then throw her over the railing and, until he is impeached and removed, he could neither be arrested or indicted and would still be the president? And, that if the Senate refused to convict and remove him, he'd just be allowed to stay there with Melania's rotting corpse on the lawn? That is an insane argument but one you have to agree with if you think that opinion is a law.

by Anonymousreply 490October 14, 2019 2:43 AM

Just finished binging on this podcast during a road trip. It makes an excellent case for Trump being a Russian asset since 1987 or so and concludes with a very insightful analysis of Mueller's report and what he should've gone after but somehow didn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491October 14, 2019 2:58 AM

[quote] Are you going to argue that Trump could, in front of cameras, walk out onto the balcony of the White House, strangle Melania, and then throw her over the railing and, until he is impeached and removed, he could neither be arrested or indicted and would still be the president? And, that if the Senate refused to convict and remove him, he'd just be allowed to stay there with Melania's rotting corpse on the lawn? That is an insane argument but one you have to agree with if you think that opinion is a law.

Yes R490, your example is a good one. It seems insane in one of the world's largest "democracies" that the man who holds the highest office in the land cannot be charged with actual crimes.

He is clearly demonstrating (with increasing fervour)?his corruption, grift and inhumanity.

With power comes responsibility. If he wields it in a deadly manner and is not held accountable, the U.S. is a dictatorship.

by Anonymousreply 492October 14, 2019 3:18 AM

[quote] you do not understand what you are talking about. They are choosing to honor an opinion (that precedent you referred to) over the law. That is them choosing to not act. What part of it being an opinion, one that many believe is totally fucking wrong, do you not understand?

You haven’t got a clue how the Justice Department works or how it treats OLC opinions. The OLC interprets the law for the AG. These opinions are binding on the federal government. So DOJ is not “choosing” anything. DOJ prosecutors are bound to follow the opinions as if they are law — even if the opinions are wrongly decided (as they likely are in this case). That is why Pelosi wants to pass legislation overturning the opinion and giving the Department the authority to bring charges.

[quote] Are you going to argue that Trump could, in front of cameras, walk out onto the balcony of the White House, strangle Melania, and then throw her over the railing and, until he is impeached and removed, he could neither be arrested or indicted and would still be the president? And, that if the Senate refused to convict and remove him, he'd just be allowed to stay there with Melania's rotting corpse on the lawn? That is an insane argument but one you have to agree with if you think that opinion is a law.

Are you fucking serious? Trump committed obstruction of justice and Mueller — after laying out the evidence — said he had no authority to file charges. Trump is named as Individual 1 in the Cohen indictment — meaning he is an unindicted co-conspirator — and yet he was not charged and still sits in office — while Cohen sits in jail. Trump has repeatedly violated the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution and nevertheless he’s still there. He hasn’t strangled Melania, but he’s committed crimes and remains out of the reach of the federal criminal justice system.

by Anonymousreply 493October 14, 2019 4:38 AM

R493, you don't seem to understand that it is up to the attorney general as to whether they follow the opinion instead of the law.

And, answer my question. If this is so hard and fast with no exceptions and must be followed with no choice whatsoever, then what would happen in the Melania strangling scenario? You are arguing that he'd just be allowed to do it because of that opinion. In your mind, there is no way at all to follow the law instead of the opinion, so he gets to murder people and as long as the Senate doesn't care, he gets away with it. That is the logical conclusion to your argument that Justice has no choice here.

by Anonymousreply 494October 14, 2019 6:09 AM

[quote] he’s committed crimes and remains out of the reach of the federal criminal justice system.

Why? Enablers? Complicity? Corruption? Widespread failure of Democracy?

Would this have happened with Obama? Does not seem likely.

Did this happen with Bush? (weapons of mass destruction and Valerie Plame?) Cheney? (shooting people in the face?)

I am not of either party, but sensing a pattern here: there seems to be more un(law)lessness and dis(order) in the group of individuals that spout propaganda and their claim to be the very opposite of what they genuinely embody. Have a good portion of USA politicians (and public?) become so immoral?

The U.S. seems to be increasingly demonstrating its political failures on the world stage for all to observe.....

Perhaps had the Democrats been more aware, stronger and less complacent, we would not be today observing genocide in Syria vis à vis Turkey and now, Russia.

Still find it incomprehensible that the man (with emoluments, obstruction, sexual assaults, financial evasions, deceits, abusive attacks and destruction) is going to be sitting in the Oval Office in the morning. And yet he - and others - normalise his behaviour and that he cannot - or should not! - be gone. Pronto.

by Anonymousreply 495October 14, 2019 7:01 AM

[quote] he’s committed crimes and remains out of the reach of the federal criminal justice system.

Why? Enablers? Complicity? Corruption? Widespread failure of Democracy?

Would this have happened with Obama? Does not seem likely.

Did this happen with Bush? (weapons of mass destruction and Valerie Plame?) Cheney? (shooting people in the face?)

I am not of either party, but sensing a pattern here: there seems to be more un(law)lessness and dis(order) in the group of individuals that spout propaganda and their claim to be the very opposite of what they genuinely embody. Have a good portion of USA politicians (and public?) become so immoral?

The U.S. seems to be increasingly demonstrating its political failures on the world stage for all to observe.....

Perhaps had the Democrats been more aware, stronger and less complacent, we would not be today observing genocide in Syria vis à vis Turkey and now, Russia.

Still find it incomprehensible that the man (with emoluments, obstruction, sexual assaults, financial evasions, deceits, abusive attacks and destruction) is going to be sitting in the Oval Office in the morning. And yet he - and others - normalise his behaviour and that he cannot - or should not! - be gone. Pronto.

by Anonymousreply 496October 14, 2019 7:01 AM

Sunday night trivia question: Many recall the reason why Trump hates Barack Obama has to do with the Correspondent's Dinner in 2011 when Obama made a joke about Trump,

But does anyone call the reason Trump hates Hillary Clinton so much? (and Bill, but Hillary more).

by Anonymousreply 497October 14, 2019 7:07 AM

R496, why are you, with your unidiomatic English, bothering to post, and why are you blaming the Democrats for actions over which they had no control? Wait, let me guess . . .

by Anonymousreply 498October 14, 2019 8:57 AM

Pompeo, Giuliani, and Graham. Add Barr.

The Devil has them.

by Anonymousreply 499October 14, 2019 9:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500October 14, 2019 9:44 AM

I give Hunter Biden credit. He has taken control of the narrative and at the same time, made the Trump kids look really bad. That's how things should be done.

by Anonymousreply 501October 14, 2019 10:23 AM

[quote][R496], why are you, with your unidiomatic English, bothering to post, and why are you blaming the Democrats for actions over which they had no control? Wait, let me guess . . .

No control, R498? Think not.

There are many points the Dems could have redirected the US from its denouement. Even going back to nominating Hilliary and promoting her as the #MyTurn candidate. She was controversial, had baggage and many issues. Allowing other possibilities could have made a significant difference. (The lack of choice for Dem options in 2016 is likely one of the reasons we are now seeing heaps of Dem candidates now.)

Then there were the (too numerous to count) individuals flooding Pelosi's Twitter urging her to begin impeachment throughout this year. While she opted to allow Trump to "self impeach", he meanwhile has torched the U.S....generating chaos domestically and now on foreign soil.

Oh, and the Dems' weak response to the Mueller/Barr fiasco presented them as ineffectual.

And even MY CONGRESSMAN (who is a Dem) has complained publicly that his own party is not utilising the powers of Inherent Contempt as Trump and his admin defy supoenas.

As much as I appreciate Nadler, he appears slow (and again weak with the public Corey testimony) in his role in Congress. And Richard Neal....well, many folks are upset with him as they suspect he may be incompetent. ("Where is the IRS whistleblower's information? What is the information? Why are things again so slow when it comes to accomplishing anything." ?)

It appears the Republican Party is corrupted beyond recognition. And IF the US manages to make it to the other side of Trump's destruction, they may implode.

But the Dems have played their role in the "burning of the new Rome" (as one of my colleagues stated). It remains to be seen if they will continue on in the same manner since their 2018 mandate, or if they step up to the plate and protect the democratic system in the US.

by Anonymousreply 502October 14, 2019 10:26 AM

[quote] you don't seem to understand that it is up to the attorney general as to whether they follow the opinion instead of the law.

You’re wrong. That is not the way “binding precedent” works. Plus, Barr does not believe that he has any discretion. Whether he has or not, he finds the question settled.

[quote] And, answer my question.

No. I’ve already said that Trump has committed several real crimes for which the Department has not prosecuted him. Make of that whatever you will and spin out of that whatever absurdity that you fancy. Your real beef is with OLC and Barr; you can take it up with them.

by Anonymousreply 503October 14, 2019 10:26 AM

[quote] I give Hunter Biden credit. He has taken control of the narrative and at the same time, made the Trump kids look really bad. That's how things should be done.

Appreciate him doing so.

However, as appalling as it is for Ivanka to chime in on phone calls with Putin and Jared negotiate (Khashoggi?) with MBS, still not a great look for Hunter to be on the boards of companies in Ukraine and China while his Dad is mixing with world leaders. Also, Hunter has a significant drug history and there's the whole "I'm divorcing my wife to be with my dead brother's wife" thing. Divorced wife apparently was unhappy with all the prostitutes, alcohol, drugs and money spent (and not on their children!). Hunter then managed to dump Beau's widow for a young thing and marry her after a few weeks together (and after getting those joint tatoos). They had an "artful" LA wedding where they managed to inform family later. New wife's family is in South Africa and not too happy about their new son-in-law given his, er, colourful history.

by Anonymousreply 504October 14, 2019 10:52 AM

I don't think it matters that Hunter is a huge fuck-up. Every president has a fucked-up relative somewhere in the family tree. What matters is that Hunter has taken control of the situation and distinguished himself from the crooked Trump kids. It reassures nervous Independents that they aren't jumping from the frying pan into the fire., and Hunter's statements create positive emotions, which mushy Independents love.

by Anonymousreply 505October 14, 2019 11:54 AM

I will say this about Congress. These frequent long vacations with modest working days in-between has been detrimental. Get the job done and impeach Putin's agent.

Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch meeting with Barr is so offensive. The media casually mentioned it. Barr has corrupted the judiciary. There needs to be an organized, national boycott of NewsCorp's (Fox) sponsors and advertisers.

by Anonymousreply 506October 14, 2019 1:00 PM

^much, not all though, is big pharma ads. Same on other networks.

Showing actors pretending to enjoying themselves. Then telling viewers to ask their doctors about the product.

Doctors should not be practicing medicine if they don't know the most appropriate medications to treat a patient's confirmed symptoms without brands being requested.

by Anonymousreply 507October 14, 2019 1:58 PM

Reuters:

Returning from recess, Democrats press Trump impeachment inquiry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508October 14, 2019 3:16 PM

NYT:

Macabre Video of Fake Trump Shooting Media and Critics Is Shown at His Resort

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509October 14, 2019 3:17 PM

ABC:

Former US national security expert on Russia expected for deposition

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510October 14, 2019 3:18 PM

I absolutely believe the Founding Fathers created impeachment/Senate trial solely as a mechanism to remove a sitting president, NOT to be the only mechanism for charging what is fundamentally a citizen of the US for crimes. The Justice Dept has decided otherwise but it’s not a legal decision or law. Just an opinion.

by Anonymousreply 511October 14, 2019 3:28 PM

NYT:

Trump Followed His Gut on Syria. Calamity Came Fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 14, 2019 3:29 PM

His gut is hard to ignore..

by Anonymousreply 513October 14, 2019 3:33 PM

The Founding Fathers created a Constitution that makes it possible to get a guy like Trump out of the White House fairly quick, but when you have guys like McConnell in power the Constitution is not going to help much when the GOP puts self-interest (greed for more money and power) over the good of the country.

In theory each and every single Trump supporter in the government would have to go, before Trump himself can be impeached and convicted. And that could take a great deal longer than 2020 where all of them , again: In theory, can be voted out by the US citizens who bother (or are allowed) to vote.

by Anonymousreply 514October 14, 2019 3:43 PM

The Trump violent video was brought to you by - surprise surprise - Russian Intelligence.

It's like they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515October 14, 2019 4:06 PM

The complete video....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516October 14, 2019 4:33 PM

I hate the NYT. Trump "followed his gut on Syria???" Really? And his gut's name is Vladimir Putin. Erdogan, Putin, and Ali Khamenei from Iran have been meeting and discussing this move by Turkey for months. And they needed Trump to cooperate. He attempted to do something about a year ago but he was blocked by his own people. You want to know why McMasters, Mattis, Bolton, Coates, Gordon, etc.etc.etc. have all resigned? Because Trump, as a Russian asset, is in the process of implementing the foreign policy agenda of Putin. The NYT and some of these others need to stop dressing it up and giving him cover.

by Anonymousreply 517October 14, 2019 4:33 PM

The Justice Department can reverse it's opinion on not indicting a sitting President. It's a policy, it is not a law.

by Anonymousreply 518October 14, 2019 4:34 PM

Amen, r517.

by Anonymousreply 519October 14, 2019 4:35 PM

[quote]The Justice Department can reverse it's opinion on not indicting a sitting President.

I'm sure Bill Barr will get right on that.

by Anonymousreply 520October 14, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote]The Justice Department can reverse it's opinion on not indicting a sitting President. It's a policy, it is not a law.

You spelled "its" wrong the first time.

by Anonymousreply 521October 14, 2019 4:36 PM

The violent Trump video was promoted by right wing internet troll Logan Cook, known as “Carpe Donctum,” who met with Trump in July along with his family at Trump’s invitation. Trump called him a “genius.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522October 14, 2019 4:39 PM

^ Donktum

by Anonymousreply 523October 14, 2019 4:41 PM

Has NYT' Maureen Dowd written a new editorial blaming Hillary for the fiasco of Trump's decision to abandon the Kurds in Syria?

by Anonymousreply 524October 14, 2019 5:00 PM

I don't see that column R524

by Anonymousreply 525October 14, 2019 5:05 PM

"And his gut's name is Vladimir Putin. Erdogan, Putin, and Ali Khamenei from Iran have been meeting and discussing this move by Turkey for months. And they needed Trump to cooperate. He attempted to do something about a year ago but he was blocked by his own people. You want to know why McMasters, Mattis, Bolton, Coates, Gordon, etc.etc.etc. have all resigned? Because Trump, as a Russian asset, is in the process of implementing the foreign policy agenda of Putin. "

What does Putin have on Trump?

by Anonymousreply 526October 14, 2019 5:11 PM

"What does Putin have on Trump?"

I am so tired of people asking this question, with the most obvious of answers. DUH! The Presidency!!! Putin giveth, Putin can taketh away. Is there anything more valuable?

by Anonymousreply 527October 14, 2019 5:20 PM

Putin got fat Donnie elected.

Fat Donnie doesn't cooperate, Putin releases all of the tapes, emails, encrypted text messages and troll farm output which shows fat Donnie is illegitimate. Fat Donnie's ego cannot abide by this.

Especially since Putin will make sure this info is fed right into the gaping maws of his cultists.

Suddenly, fat Donnie has no pResidency, no cultists and Putin cuts the money flow. Fat Donnie is left with nothing but his vampire family, mounting legal and financial problems and an angry guillotine mob breaking down the door.

Fat Donnie pisses his pants and screams into the void. The guillotine don't GAF.

by Anonymousreply 528October 14, 2019 5:24 PM

Mitch & Chao campaigning in KY to keep their lucrative gigs & more.

So adorable. But they just don't have the parade allure of Princess Lindsey at SC festivals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529October 14, 2019 5:31 PM

I'm sure Putin has plenty on Donnie. Child trafficking, money laundering, etc. But I think the biggest is that Putin has been supporting Trump all these years because Trump had no money until he was able to start collecting our tax money with which he is filling up his coffers.

by Anonymousreply 530October 14, 2019 5:32 PM

I'm positive that Putin has all the Jeffrey Epstein info as well.

Kompromat is kompromat.

by Anonymousreply 531October 14, 2019 5:48 PM

[quote] "followed his gut on Syria???"

Making this sound to be independently cognitive, or even just impulsive, is not reality. It is twisting the narrative to imply there's nothing sinister with the decision. This initiative by Trump has been sought for months, and some very high ranking officials in the administration resigned over it. This action pleased Putin and fits Putin's agenda. To think Trump did not have input and/or a directive from Putin on this matter, is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 532October 14, 2019 5:55 PM

What I don't get is if all these former high-ranking officials (and one would presume the CIA and others in the Intelligence Community) know that Putin is calling Trump's shots, why hasn't Trump been given a parade through the streets of downtown Dallas yet? Do they not want to stop it? Is that why?

by Anonymousreply 533October 14, 2019 6:06 PM

I'm sure Putin has Jimmy Hoffa's body.

by Anonymousreply 534October 14, 2019 6:29 PM

Donald Trump has been a money launderer and a human trafficker, a scam artist, and an evil bastard who has regularly consorted with Russian mobsters ever since they established themselves in Brighton Beach in the 80's. He has worked his way up the "food chain" in terms of the kinds of oligarchs and mobsters he associated with. But he has always had his eye on being one of the big shots. The fact that he was recognized and supported by Putin himself must have given fat Donnie a woody. Probably the first one in years. This isn't about the typical blackmail, honey pots, coercion. You don't coerce a willing idiot.

by Anonymousreply 535October 14, 2019 6:30 PM

My point being, Donnie is COMPLICIT. He is willing.

by Anonymousreply 536October 14, 2019 6:30 PM

Trump is a corrupt whore who is selling everything he can get his hands on to the highest bidder.

To me guessing what drives Trump to do, and say, all of these heinous things is kind of pointless. He does all of these things, and they should come with dire consequences for him.

by Anonymousreply 537October 14, 2019 6:32 PM

R533, I think they do very much want Trump to die. But it took decades to rein in the CIA’s rogue assassination tendencies, it’s probably hard to break that conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 538October 14, 2019 6:58 PM

Fiona Hill providing more damning testimony today.

And she was IN the administration.

WH and GOP defense? Trump's tweets...

by Anonymousreply 539October 14, 2019 7:06 PM

R535, though I suspect what you say is probably true, I don't understand how there isn't a ton of evidence that the FBI could supply on Trump's earlier activities, given that Russian mobsters were possibly involved. You would hope that the FBI would have reams of material on quasi-foreign mobsters committing loads of crimes. If so, why hasn't Trump been held accountable?

by Anonymousreply 540October 14, 2019 7:07 PM

CBS:

Pelosi says she and Graham will introduce resolution to block Trump on Syria

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541October 14, 2019 7:29 PM

WTF good will a resolution do? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 542October 14, 2019 7:41 PM

[quote]Pelosi says she and Graham will introduce resolution to block Trump on Syria

The horse has left the barn.

by Anonymousreply 543October 14, 2019 8:03 PM

AP:

Trump says the 1,000 American troops leaving Syria will remain in the region to help prevent revival of Islamic State

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544October 14, 2019 8:27 PM

MSN: Over the weekend, State and Energy Department officials were quietly reviewing plans for evacuating roughly 50 tactical nuclear weapons that the United States had long stored, under American control, in Turkey. Those weapons, one senior official said, were now essentially Erdogan’s hostages.

by Anonymousreply 545October 14, 2019 8:33 PM

I hope your fucking Istanbul Trump Towers yearly licensing fee is worth all this, you fat piece of shit!

by Anonymousreply 546October 14, 2019 8:42 PM

NBC:

Giuliani says he has 'nothing to do with' oligarch at edges of Trump-Ukraine affair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547October 14, 2019 8:45 PM

Instead of tweeting all day and then going on Fox at night as the Trump-sychophant-in-chief, why are you not diligently working with colleagues, Lindsey, and fix the damn mess Trump caused, and you have enabled?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548October 14, 2019 9:13 PM

[quote]I don't think it matters that Hunter is a huge fuck-up. Every president has a fucked-up relative somewhere in the family tree.

Remember Billy Carter?

by Anonymousreply 549October 14, 2019 9:25 PM

My friend my have a huge scoop later. I will let you all know if she confirms it. I have no idea what it is or could be.

I will say this- the staffers for GOP reps are apoplectic with all of this going on. Most admit they know Russia is deeply intertwined with the GOP and they often wonder how far it goes.

by Anonymousreply 550October 14, 2019 9:50 PM

Trump has known Lev Parnas since 1987....

by Anonymousreply 551October 14, 2019 9:50 PM

r550....I hope they havent just figured that out now. Besides, the Maria Butina charging documents from last year stated that there are secret societies within the GOP that are aligned with Russia.

by Anonymousreply 552October 14, 2019 9:52 PM

[quote]Most admit they know Russia is deeply intertwined with the GOP and they often wonder how far it goes

Such loyal, patriotic public servants, working for men and women they know are deeply intertwined with Russian interests. Fuck them all; this whole party should be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 553October 14, 2019 10:00 PM

R552 They live in a bubble. Trust me. Maybe some had a clue but most didn't.

by Anonymousreply 554October 14, 2019 10:01 PM

[quote]Remember Billy Carter?

I don't know huh.

by Anonymousreply 555October 14, 2019 10:01 PM

I think the only ones shocked at this point are the US 1%ers who thought they were the only ones who owned the US government. Now they have to witness how Russian oligarchs move in on their turf and how they will stop at nothing to take over (for Putin).

by Anonymousreply 556October 14, 2019 10:04 PM

How is Fiona's testimony going?

by Anonymousreply 557October 14, 2019 10:22 PM

R557, Matt Gaetz tried to crash her deposition and got booted by Adam Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 558October 14, 2019 11:04 PM

Gaetz is a big ball of shit.

by Anonymousreply 559October 14, 2019 11:11 PM

^Don't you mean a big, drunken, murderous ball of shit?

by Anonymousreply 560October 14, 2019 11:21 PM

Every time I see Gaetz, he makes me think of Jonah from Veep. I'm almost positive the actor must have modeled him on Gaetz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561October 14, 2019 11:27 PM

Washington Post:

4 intriguing moments from the Trump-Ukraine timeline

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562October 14, 2019 11:43 PM

That panhandle of Florida keeps sending Gaetz to Congress. If you want to see a stereotyic district of "deplorables", that Pensacola region is it. There is also big portion of AA residents. The retirees moving there are very much right-wing, moreso than many of the native evangelicals. The political establishment has a sordid reputation.

by Anonymousreply 563October 14, 2019 11:45 PM

^stereotypic

by Anonymousreply 564October 14, 2019 11:47 PM

ABC:

FEC chairwoman has concerns about foreign entities interfering in 2020 election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565October 15, 2019 12:14 AM

Federal Prosecutors Scrutinize Rudy Giuliani’s Ukraine Business Dealings, Finances

Trump lawyer’s bank records have been examined; witnesses are questioned about work for a Ukraine mayor, efforts to oust U.S. ambassador

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan are examining Rudy Giuliani’s business dealings in Ukraine, including his finances, meetings and work for a city mayor there, according to people familiar with the matter.

Investigators also have examined Mr. Giuliani’s bank records, according to the people.

Witnesses have been questioned about Mr. Giuliani since at least August by investigators, who also want to know more about Mr. Giuliani’s role in an alleged conspiracy involving two of his business associates, the people said. The investigation is being led by the U.S. attorney’s office in the Southern District of New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566October 15, 2019 12:42 AM

Michael McKinley, the former senior adviser to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, is expected to testify behind closed doors on Wednesday, according to two officials working on the impeachment inquiry.

The testimony of McKinley, who resigned his position last week, could shed light on Pompeo’s actions and how they have affected the State Department. McKinley resigned his position last week amid rising dissatisfaction inside the State Department over what is seen as Pompeo’s failure to support personnel ensnared in the Ukraine controversy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567October 15, 2019 1:02 AM

Does anyone think they're not all just going to lie (if they even show up)?

by Anonymousreply 568October 15, 2019 1:07 AM

It would be in their best interest not to lie. The statute of limitations for lying to Congress is five years. So if they perjure themselves, they can be charged anytime until October 2024. If they lie now, their only hope of not being charged would be if Trump wins next year and is still in office in 2024. Is that a risk you would want to take?

by Anonymousreply 569October 15, 2019 1:14 AM

Pompeo is so OVAH. He knows it. Everyone knows it.

He will resign and his political career will turf out (at least on the national stage).

by Anonymousreply 570October 15, 2019 1:19 AM

Rachel just showed Rep. Denny Heck telling reporters in response to GOP demands to hold public depositions (lol): '"he Republicans are damn lucky that the depositions aren't public."

by Anonymousreply 571October 15, 2019 1:20 AM

You better watch out

You better not lie

You better not pout

And just testify

Impeachment votes are coming to town

by Anonymousreply 572October 15, 2019 1:24 AM

Sarah Paulson, and not John Goodman, to play Linda Tripp?

Ok, off topic, sorta, just a little.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573October 15, 2019 1:24 AM

It may be in their best interest... but when has it ever convinced them to tell the truth before?

by Anonymousreply 574October 15, 2019 1:27 AM

Bloomberg:

U.S. Urges Immediate Cease-Fire in Syria as It Sanctions Turkey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575October 15, 2019 1:31 AM

R498 The morning shift just started in Moscow. Still, its important to see the talking points.

R499 Re Pompeo and Barr, their religious rapture talk: Whited Sepulcher. See dictionary link below.

r540 [quote], though I suspect what you say is probably true, I don't understand how there isn't a ton of evidence that the FBI could supply on Trump's earlier activities, given that Russian mobsters were possibly involved. You would hope that the FBI would have reams of material on quasi-foreign mobsters committing loads of crimes. If so, why hasn't Trump been held accountable?

That is an excellent question!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576October 15, 2019 1:32 AM

Newsweek:

Impeachment Could Cloud Congress' Critical To-Do List as Lawmakers Set to Address Syria, Spending Bill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577October 15, 2019 1:34 AM

R545

[quote]MSN: Over the weekend, State and Energy Department officials were quietly reviewing plans for evacuating roughly 50 tactical nuclear weapons that the United States had long stored, under American control, in Turkey. Those weapons, one senior official said, were now essentially Erdogan’s hostages.

Trump instructed the Army to [bold]leave behind 10 tactical nuclear weapons for the Russians.[/bold] Russia needs the tactical nukes to aim at/menance Europe.

Follow, Trump leaves a treaty forbiding tactical nukes, the US tests it's own, RU manages to explode its nuke lab area. So, Trump helpfully leaves behind a few US ones for RU can grab them. Oh, their transnational syndicate now has nukes.

by Anonymousreply 578October 15, 2019 1:35 AM

Kentucky Republican Governor, Matt Bevin, brings in a heavyweight to help with his re-election campaign. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, with ardent Trump supporting Congressman Mark Meadows, show in Louisville to stump for Bevin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579October 15, 2019 1:40 AM

R578, the nukes are in Turkey, not in Syria.

Russia isn't getting them. But Turkey can use them as a bargaining chip.

by Anonymousreply 580October 15, 2019 1:51 AM

R550

[quote]I hope they havent just figured that out now. Besides, the Maria Butina charging documents from last year stated that there are secret societies within the GOP that are aligned with Russia.

What do you mean?

R566 [quote]Witnesses have been questioned about Mr. Giuliani since at least August by investigators,

Interesting - Mueller testifies on July 24, right afterward the President makes his phone call (7/25), by August the SDNY is already investigating Rudy. Must have been some call - I mean, not the transcript but the actual call.

by Anonymousreply 581October 15, 2019 1:54 AM

Bloomberg:

Anger Over Syria Unites Trump Defenders and His Biggest Critics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582October 15, 2019 1:56 AM

r578 - Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 583October 15, 2019 1:59 AM

[quote]by August the SDNY is already investigating Rudy. Must have been some call - I mean, not the transcript but the actual call.

The legal commentators on cable news have speculated that Rudy's two bagmen were under wiretap surveillance, and caught Rudy running his mouth so that's why they're now investigating him.

by Anonymousreply 584October 15, 2019 2:04 AM

Im sure Rudy remains unbothered.

by Anonymousreply 585October 15, 2019 2:12 AM

Not to revive the previous catfight over the word "treason", but it's kind of important during this shitstorm to look precisely at what is and is not possible.

Do President Shithead's actions fit the general definition of treason? Oh god yes. Could he be successfully prosecuted for treason in court? Given the legal history, not likely. Most prosecutors are reluctant to drop charges that aren't likely to hold up in court.

However....foreign influence is one of the things you can impeach a President on, so perhaps that make its way into the articles of impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 586October 15, 2019 2:29 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587October 15, 2019 2:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588October 15, 2019 2:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589October 15, 2019 2:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590October 15, 2019 2:44 AM

Thanks for the new thread, OP!

by Anonymousreply 591October 15, 2019 2:44 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 592October 15, 2019 2:45 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 593October 15, 2019 2:45 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 594October 15, 2019 2:45 AM

out

by Anonymousreply 595October 15, 2019 2:45 AM

Continue

by Anonymousreply 596October 15, 2019 2:46 AM

Discusson

by Anonymousreply 597October 15, 2019 2:46 AM

at the

by Anonymousreply 598October 15, 2019 2:46 AM

link

by Anonymousreply 599October 15, 2019 2:46 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 15, 2019 2:46 AM

No, lets keep going here...

by Anonymousreply 601October 15, 2019 2:48 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602October 15, 2019 4:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!