Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stranger Things Season 3 (Part II)

Continue discussing Season 3 and speculating beyond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458December 1, 2020 4:35 PM

Link to Part I

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 29, 2019 1:53 AM

Sad to see the actress who plays Nancy looked normal weight (at least facially), just a few years ago, as posted in the previous thread . Now...she's skeletal. DL's Darfur Orphan probably outweighs her!

Does that not impact her ability to get insured?

by Anonymousreply 2July 29, 2019 2:33 AM

But at least she’s not a fatty, R2. Nobody likes a fatty.

by Anonymousreply 3July 29, 2019 2:37 AM

Not true, R3. Everyone loved Barb.

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2019 2:39 AM

R2 I thought the reverse. I thought she filled out a little for the last season. She looked very sick in the first and second seasons.

by Anonymousreply 5July 29, 2019 2:43 AM

Good point, R4. Her weight wasn't as noticeable in Season 3. I don't know if that's because she was healthier or the producers dressed her in clothes with more coverage.

by Anonymousreply 6July 29, 2019 2:46 AM

I only watch this show because of the 80s.

The biggest star is the 80s. I probably wouldn't watch if it was set in present day. The story lines are kind of ridiculous. They're recycling the same old stuff.

And Omg please, could we just not make 11 bleed from the nose every single time she uses her power? Like I am just cringing from the amount of purported blood loss she has. Could we just save the blood for the major times? Little moves here and and there shouldn't have blood. Can we just reduce the blood please? It's just too over the top.

They're recycling stuff on the show. It's getting to less organic. That Steve Harrington though. He is so sweet and nice. I don't care if the Sheriff doesn't return. They made him so stupid it's more believable that he's following Darwin's laws by dying.

by Anonymousreply 7July 29, 2019 2:47 AM

R5 I don't think she filled out. I think they covered her up more, as R6 said. I think she always wore a long-sleeved/baggy shirt. But I agree that she has always looked sickly on that show.

by Anonymousreply 8July 29, 2019 2:47 AM

R8 Maybe the digitally altered her face. I haven't seen her red carpet photos so maybe she looks different.

by Anonymousreply 9July 29, 2019 2:49 AM

I agree, R7. How many times is that monster going to keep coming back? The damn gate was locked in Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 10July 29, 2019 2:50 AM

Yeah. A new villain is needed if they continue. Might be cool to see more people with powers.

by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2019 2:55 AM

The Russians have at least one Demagorgon, so we're in for more of that/those in S4.

Thank God the one the toothless kid raised from a pup (?) died in s2. I couldn't take anymore of him squalling over 'Dart' this and 'Dart' that. Nauseating.

Too bad that Will didn't gain any actual power to fight as opposed to just being able to sense the Mindflayer (and company). Something for his suffering, IOW.

by Anonymousreply 12July 29, 2019 2:57 AM

She should have fights with the other numbered children. Right? Where's 8,9, 10, 12 etc??

She should be the most powerful one. There should be like a new secret purpose they were all created for. Not the monster or Russians but some type of evil.

Or maybe 11 becomes the bad guy possessed. That would be a twist. The show ends by 11 dying. All the other numbers kids the 2 or 3 of them (the rest were killed, you couldn't keep track of that large a group anyway). 11 is like Dacre this time around. The monster wanted 1, the monster finally got 11.

Maybe it wouldn't have to be so bad. Maybe the boy in love her would try to save them, and you think they're dead, but actually they're bitter sweetly in the upside down, together forever.

Should it end happy or should it end sad?

by Anonymousreply 13July 29, 2019 3:06 AM

R7 recycled in his own post.

by Anonymousreply 14July 29, 2019 3:41 AM

R14 Stranger Things writing must be contagious

by Anonymousreply 15July 29, 2019 3:48 AM

[quote]And Omg please, could we just not make 11 bleed from the nose every single time she uses her power?

You'd think she'd have learned to stuff some tissue or a cotton ball up her nose when she does the trance thing.

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2019 5:57 AM

Not sure if this was mentioned in the earlier thread, but Robin is the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke.

by Anonymousreply 17July 29, 2019 6:00 AM

R17, she's a more likable actress than Uma so far...

by Anonymousreply 18July 29, 2019 6:02 AM

Yeah. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 19July 29, 2019 6:04 AM

R5 She only looks healthy because most of her scenes are next to Jonathan who looks like he’s been a 48 hour bender.

by Anonymousreply 20July 29, 2019 6:09 AM

To be fair, Jonathan does look appropriately haggard for someone who keeps getting attacked by monsters... everyone else is suspiciously fresh-faced.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2019 6:16 AM

Thanks, R17. You're the first one to mention it... today.

by Anonymousreply 22July 29, 2019 12:15 PM

A delight

by Anonymousreply 23July 29, 2019 1:43 PM

According to rumors, Season 4 is supposed to start filming in October.

by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2019 1:53 PM

They're already cordoning off and working on sections of that mall in Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 25July 29, 2019 5:06 PM

I was hoping they would at least mix-up Eleven's nose with cotton or toilet paper plugs in her nostrils, r7.

Does she even wipe? We don't know, because it's the same, minor bleed every time. Do something different or funny with it one of these times.

by Anonymousreply 26July 29, 2019 5:54 PM

It's the same thing with Will grabbing his neck, it's gimmicky and ham-fisted, but you have to remember a lot of kids watch this show so I guess it can't be too subtle.

by Anonymousreply 27July 29, 2019 6:01 PM

Did anyone else pop a boner when Billy pulled his Alpha moves?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 29, 2019 6:02 PM

Can we discuss "it's not my fault you don't like girls" followed by a pregnant pause? Is this a prelude to the character coming out in S4?

by Anonymousreply 29July 29, 2019 6:36 PM

Wow, what an observation, R29. I can't believe it's never been brought up here.

by Anonymousreply 30July 29, 2019 6:37 PM

He meant to say "it's not my fault you don't like girls"...YET!

by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2019 6:38 PM

R31 Yeah, I read that that was the case, but it's as much about the pause that Mike does after the line as if he's thinking 'whoops, the cat's out of the bag now' as it is the line itself

by Anonymousreply 32July 29, 2019 6:45 PM

R26, I'm seeing an opportunity here for Kleenex product placement. (This show loves its product placements.)

by Anonymousreply 33July 29, 2019 7:07 PM

R29, that doesn't necessarily mean he likes boys. Maybe he's just a late bloomer. But, as was discussed in Part II of this thread, in Season 1, his mom tells Hopper that Will's dad bullied him because he seemed gay, and his mom dodges Hopper's question as to whether he's actually gay. At that point, the character was only about 10 years old, but a mother knows...

It would be very uncommon for a boy that young to come out in the 80s, but if his family is moving to a bigger city, who knows. At this point, if I were the producers, I would keep it ambiguous. Put enough out there so that gay viewers can claim the character, but also enough so that straight viewers can claim him. That way, people will continue to analyze the show years after it has ended.

by Anonymousreply 34July 29, 2019 7:12 PM

Yes, let's make any excuse to ungay Will *rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 35July 29, 2019 7:13 PM

R34 Would they actually have the balls to write the character as a 15/16-yr old gay boy in any case, given his age?

by Anonymousreply 36July 29, 2019 7:17 PM

I would hope that Will, as a gayling, would have better taste than mooning over Mike, with his doofus haircut, odd looks and stork-like legs.

by Anonymousreply 37July 29, 2019 7:20 PM

R37, the heart wants what the heart wants. But maybe he'll meet someone in the new city after his family has moved.

by Anonymousreply 38July 29, 2019 7:28 PM

r32 I think you can debate whether Mike was just on the spur of the moment calling Will an immature idiot, or calling him gay because it's what everyone else in Hawkins calls him. What I think is pretty obvious from the cut of that argument they used. Is that straight afterwards Mike realised he'd just called his best friend who he always promised to be there for the thing every dickhead in Will's life has used as an insult, which is why he looks so sorry, and ends up running out after him into a hurricane to apologise. Which he never actually dose because they apparently forgot to write scenes for Noah after episode 4... Not that I'm bitter.

So yeah that scene in itself doesn't prove Will's gay. But lets be real. Will is gay.

by Anonymousreply 39July 29, 2019 7:38 PM

If the fucking Disney Channel has the balls, it would be rather pathetic if Netflix didn't, r36.

by Anonymousreply 40July 29, 2019 7:42 PM

r37

But Will has the same dorky haircut, and Finn Wolfhard is the new face of YSL.

by Anonymousreply 41July 29, 2019 7:44 PM

He looks ridiculous though lets be honest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 29, 2019 8:00 PM

^^^What are the pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 43July 29, 2019 8:06 PM

Yikes! Finn looks like Bob Dylan, or Ric Ocasek from The Cars, in the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 44July 29, 2019 8:16 PM

[quote] Yikes! Finn looks like Bob Dylan [...] in the campaign

Why "yikes"? Bob Dylan ca. 1965 (which is the look they seem to be going for) looked great.

by Anonymousreply 45July 29, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote] Bob Dylan ca. 1965 (which is the look they seem to be going for) looked great.

This guy ?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 29, 2019 8:32 PM

Like the rest of his castmates, Finn is not conventionally pretty, but he's got an interesting, expressive face and is lanky and somewhat androgynous, and that's what's in for male models right now whether we like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 47July 29, 2019 9:22 PM

Finally watched this show to see what the fuss was. Season 1 was great. Season 2, except for that one awful episode, was a subpar rehash. Season 3 started off badly but in the end it’s the 3rd best.

They should explore the underworld more. Do something with the mythology. And tone down the rom-com stuff. That took over. It was fun because it was playing with those 80s horror / SF tropes. They’ve drank their own kool aid.

by Anonymousreply 48July 29, 2019 10:52 PM

Thinking about it, maybe they just HAVE to have this family go to the city in order for Will to see a life beyond his town. That is, that gays *exist*. First (Season 3), Will has had to get over his overall arrested development (which he does - at least enough for a paced tv show at least).

by Anonymousreply 49July 29, 2019 11:14 PM

I think Finn has a really striking face, with crazy bone structure. I've seen some pictures where he looks beautiful, but it's definitely unconventional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 29, 2019 11:19 PM

It’s just that he’s young and everything is tight right now. When his skin starts to sag in his later years, his cheekbones and thin lips will make him look like Mick Jagger. Blegh.

by Anonymousreply 51July 30, 2019 12:08 AM

These kids are going to be full-on high schoolers by the time this thing ends.

Who is Max supposedly living with anyway? Have they ever shown her parent(s)?

by Anonymousreply 52July 30, 2019 12:29 AM

I thought it was interesting that the Duffer Brothers made no mention of the Season 2 B-plot with Eleven running away with that underground gang. I guess they got so much flak for it that they let that storyline die.

by Anonymousreply 53July 30, 2019 12:33 AM

I'm still betting the Byers move to Chicago in 4, and she'll be back. I hated that episode but to just leave it hanging is bad writing.

by Anonymousreply 54July 30, 2019 12:38 AM

R52

She lives with her mother and Billy's abusive father. Although, from previous scenes, it seems like the father is only abusive to Billy.

by Anonymousreply 55July 30, 2019 12:46 AM

R25, they're actually finally tearing everything down. It's been blocked off since last fall when filming ended. There was talk of leaving everything up and making it a tourist place where fans can visit but I guess that fell through. They've been throwing shit in dumpsters. The mall was destroyed at the end of the season so there's no need to go back there.

by Anonymousreply 56July 30, 2019 1:10 AM

[quoteFinally watched this show to see what the fuss was. Season 1 was great. Season 2, except for that one awful episode, was a subpar rehash. Season 3 started off badly but in the end it’s the 3rd best.

Funny about different reactions. I thought Season 1 was OK, loved 2 and thought 3 was better than 1 but not up to 2.

by Anonymousreply 57July 30, 2019 1:24 AM

Wait a minute, I think Will might be gay. Did anybody else catch that??

by Anonymousreply 58July 30, 2019 4:59 AM

That's ridiculous, R58. There's nothing on the show that ever hinted at Will being gay.

by Anonymousreply 59July 30, 2019 5:05 AM

Mike telling Will "It's not my fault that you're not into girls" is simply Mike admitting that he thinks Will is gay. If they're going to pursue Will's sexual orientation as a plotline, they're going to bring in a new character for him to crush on, maybe at his new school. He's a bidding artist so it wouldn't be a stretch for him to meet another art fag.

by Anonymousreply 60July 30, 2019 5:18 AM

Will has been bullied for being queer all his life.

by Anonymousreply 61July 30, 2019 6:10 AM

I just found out I'm older than the guy who plays the sheriff by three years and it really ruined my day.

by Anonymousreply 62July 30, 2019 8:41 AM

I love David harbour

by Anonymousreply 63July 30, 2019 10:00 AM

[quote]These kids are going to be full-on high schoolers by the time this thing ends.

They will be highschoolers next season, this season was set in the summer between middle school and them starting highschool.

by Anonymousreply 64July 30, 2019 1:17 PM

Some of them will be over 17 by the time they start filming season 4 ( Caleb turns 18 in a few months) I started college at 17 lol

by Anonymousreply 65July 30, 2019 2:25 PM

It was awkward in this season, but it'll be easier with high school. Changed fashion and the fact that lots of even 20-somethings can somewhat-plausibly portray high schoolers (though the younger the 20-something and the later the high school grade, the easier it is).

They could also try a season which doesn't just take place over x days but instead over the course of a school year.

In any case, the old world is gone (like the castle byers). Until they start getting D&D nostalgia. And Will will always be a gaymer.

by Anonymousreply 66July 30, 2019 3:49 PM

Caleb looks much younger than 18, at least. Unlike Charlie Heaton, who looked like a rough 36 when he was supposed to be 15.

by Anonymousreply 67July 30, 2019 5:50 PM

Caleb looks like a normal teenager. The thing is people are so used to seeing the Hollywood depiction of highschoolers that are played by 20-somethings that we forget how young real highschoolers typically look.

by Anonymousreply 68July 30, 2019 6:00 PM

Granted, but Caleb looks not at all older than his actual 14yo costars.

by Anonymousreply 69July 30, 2019 7:06 PM

r69 He looks a bit older than the rest of them character. Or it could just be that he decided facial hair was the way to go for season 3 promo stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 30, 2019 7:13 PM

Haha yes, he looks his age with a little scruff, but clean shaven he could easily pass for a freshman. I like his character. I know the DL said he was useless, and S3 gave him very little to do, but I think he has a place on the show. Every friend group needs his brand of "are you guys crazy?!" realist.

by Anonymousreply 71July 30, 2019 7:15 PM

I asked this on the other thread, but it filled up before I could get a response.

Would Will coming out as a gay teen really be that much more unlikely than Robyn coming out as Lez (to a straight guy nonetheless) in this small '80s town?

by Anonymousreply 72July 30, 2019 7:30 PM

I asked this on the other thread, but it filled up before I could get a response.

Would Will coming out as a gay teen really be that much more unlikely than Robyn coming out as Lez (to a straight guy nonetheless) in this small '80s town?

by Anonymousreply 73July 30, 2019 7:30 PM

by Anonymousreply 74July 30, 2019 7:30 PM

Will is about 13/14, Robin is about 17/18.

People are upset that Will isn't already out, even though he is quite young.

by Anonymousreply 75July 30, 2019 7:42 PM

r74 I think it should be pointed out Robin came out under the effects of truth serum drugs, to a guy she'd only been close to for a few days, while they were hiding from the Russians when any possible negative reaction would be limited. That's a different scenario to a 14 year old with massive ptsd and bullying issues giving away a secret that could potentially drive away his only friends.

by Anonymousreply 76July 30, 2019 7:50 PM

Plus it’s the 80’s didn’t most young gay guys back then stay hidden till they got to college or later?

by Anonymousreply 77July 30, 2019 8:12 PM

Never ending story. La la la da da da

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 30, 2019 8:53 PM

Hi Arequipa,

I am sure you were looking for a multitude of responses, but I thought I answered you from my own personal experience near the end of the prior thread.

by Anonymousreply 79July 30, 2019 9:11 PM

R71 he is good in small doses because he is not a great actor, same with Erica but we got way too much of her in season 3.

by Anonymousreply 80July 30, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote]Never ending story. La la la da da da

The Fag in me loves unexpected musical scenes, like Lange doing "The Name Game" in AHS and this from a low budget horror movie called "Strange Behavior".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 30, 2019 9:46 PM

I prefer it

by Anonymousreply 82July 30, 2019 11:45 PM

R79, thanks Elderlez. I must have missed your post in the end of the last thread. That was a good explanation.

by Anonymousreply 83July 31, 2019 12:14 AM

Well the third time he came out would certainly not be a big deal. Folks would be tired of hearing about it.

by Anonymousreply 84July 31, 2019 12:21 AM

r84 What?

by Anonymousreply 85July 31, 2019 12:34 AM

They are making a joke about the triple posting Rose.

by Anonymousreply 86July 31, 2019 12:40 AM

R86, lol. Sorry for the triple post (!).

by Anonymousreply 87July 31, 2019 12:43 AM

The "Neverending Story"interludes were quite corny and grating.

Like r78.

by Anonymousreply 88July 31, 2019 4:23 AM

I loved it, I've never laughed harder

by Anonymousreply 89July 31, 2019 1:33 PM

[quote] his thin lips will make him look like Mick Jagger

What the fuck? Finn and Mick Jagger are both famous for their full lips.

by Anonymousreply 90July 31, 2019 1:37 PM

[quote] 16 year old Finn Wolfhard is famous for his full lips

r90 What horrifying discord group have you stumbled in from?

by Anonymousreply 91August 1, 2019 12:59 AM

when was he slapped?

by Anonymousreply 92August 1, 2019 2:28 PM

r91

His character is literally called "frogface" by a bully in S1, and he has sold merch with a caricature of himself as a frog...

I mean, I get it, I too find it scandalous that actors on TV don't have to wear burqas until the age of 18 so we don't know their physical characteristics, but it is what is is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 1, 2019 2:39 PM

Frogface means he has a big mouth. Not full lips. I don't know where you went to school. But bullies rarely start talking about how succulent their targets lips are.

by Anonymousreply 94August 1, 2019 2:51 PM

unless they are cocksuckers

by Anonymousreply 95August 1, 2019 2:53 PM

That would explain why Troy was so adamant about Will being gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 1, 2019 2:57 PM

Eleven is becoming very pretty. I always found her homely in the past.

by Anonymousreply 97August 1, 2019 3:28 PM

it was possibly her hairdo?

by Anonymousreply 98August 1, 2019 6:37 PM

This is Billy's Story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 3, 2019 5:54 PM

I'll never get how anyone can think he was anything even approaching a good character. He was a generic cool man on campus with bullying overbearing tendencies because of an abusive dad, and that's his entire role in season 2. In season 3 he flirts, gets possessed and dies. Oh and we also get an over dramatic scene find out his mum abandoned him as a way to try and force sympathy before that. Dacre did the best with what he was given. But Christ the writing fucked him over.

by Anonymousreply 100August 3, 2019 6:25 PM

I liked it, but was happy that the story arc ended

by Anonymousreply 101August 3, 2019 6:57 PM

The new season sucked. Hopper and Joyce barely had anything to do and the new annoying kid was not needed. Don't even get me started on them introducing a dyke when they didn't have the balls to make Will gay. Will is an original character. If they wanted to have an LGBT character without making Will gay the least they could do is introduce a gay MALE character. Fuck this shit. I have been a loyal viewer since season one. I will not watch this homophobic show next season.

by Anonymousreply 102August 3, 2019 9:43 PM

Did you slap will’s face?

by Anonymousreply 103August 3, 2019 11:11 PM

So apparently the decision to make Robin gay came from Maya Hawke and Joe Kerry themselves, the Duffer brothers had written them becoming a couple but they thought it worked better as a platonic relationship with her as a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 104August 5, 2019 6:27 PM

Brilliant. That's definitely the only way a man and a woman can ever have a platonic storyline, is if at least one of them is gay.

by Anonymousreply 105August 5, 2019 8:15 PM

They should have made them get together purely on the basis it they wouldn't have to introduce 2 new characters as love interests for them for season 4 that way.

by Anonymousreply 106August 5, 2019 8:58 PM

They are cuties

by Anonymousreply 107August 5, 2019 11:01 PM

I blasted through these three seasons in the past couple of months. Hadn't seen the first or second when it aired so I'm late to the Stranger Things train. I thought, overall, that it was a good show. Not one of the best ever, but they did a great job casting the show, and that went a long way when it came to the more underwhelming narrative decisions the creators made in Seasons 2 and 3. I thought Season 1 was pretty superb, and I barely remember Season 2, but it continued with the same tone.

Season 3, however, started off so bizarre. All of the characters felt like extreme versions of themselves. I remember having a big issue with Hopper's characterization, and his relationship with Will was so strange. There seemed to be a genuine respect for one another at the end of Season 2 after Hopper owns up for lying to him. It'd have been interesting if they developed that relationship further instead of the childish, disrespectful shouting in the van over Eleven. The nonstop bickering between Hopper and Winona wasn't cute. At all. Everything was just so shrill.

That being said... I thought they nailed the finale. Visually it was quite beautiful, and the visual effects were really well done. I don't know that it was all that fun to watch episode to episode, but they ultimately stuck the landing.

Also, Joe Keery's hot.

by Anonymousreply 108August 5, 2019 11:36 PM

Agree, R106.

by Anonymousreply 109August 5, 2019 11:54 PM

I agree, r108

by Anonymousreply 110August 6, 2019 2:46 AM

R108 Watching Joe Keery spend the entire time running around in a sailor-boy outfit showing off his sexy hairy legs was definitely a major part of the appeal of season 3.

by Anonymousreply 111August 6, 2019 10:16 AM

R106 PREACH! They had amazing chemistry. Good luck finding that next season. Also but not least if they needed a character to be gay so they could have a platonic relationship why couldn't it have been Steve? We were robbed of Will being gay. The least they could do is make Steve gay. Or hell... any other male character. The last thing I wanted was a fucking dyke.

by Anonymousreply 112August 6, 2019 12:31 PM

Steve was a huge pussyhound.

by Anonymousreply 113August 6, 2019 1:27 PM

They should have made Billy bi-sexual. And had Flayed Billy fuck people, to turn them. Missed opportunity, Duffers!

by Anonymousreply 114August 6, 2019 2:10 PM

The duffers were beating off to Billy boy

by Anonymousreply 115August 6, 2019 2:16 PM

The part of the dyke being jealous of the boy getting all the girls was cringe.. I wanted them together just so they wouldn’t have to indroduce more love interest characters next season. They barely got enough of Will in season 3.

by Anonymousreply 116August 6, 2019 11:52 PM

Uhhhhhhh... I'm going through some press for season 3 and I did NOT know that Charlie Heaton was British.

by Anonymousreply 117August 6, 2019 11:59 PM

He's 50% British. 50% Cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 118August 7, 2019 12:04 AM

Haha does he do coke? He does perpetually look disheveled. He's strangely attractive though.

by Anonymousreply 119August 7, 2019 12:14 AM

I'd say it might be due to having a young child, but he's probably always looked like that.

by Anonymousreply 120August 7, 2019 12:24 AM

R120, sometimes you need a bump of coke when raising a young child.

by Anonymousreply 121August 8, 2019 3:41 AM

^^^ Was that Andy Cohen’s excuse for adopting?

by Anonymousreply 122August 8, 2019 4:01 AM

Charlie Heaton seems like he's one of those people who were born looking old and exhausted.

He's probably been snorting coke since kindergarten.

by Anonymousreply 123August 8, 2019 4:05 AM

How did this show cast so many fugs? Too unpleasant to watch.

by Anonymousreply 124August 8, 2019 6:45 AM

Cuties

by Anonymousreply 125August 8, 2019 1:31 PM

How did this show cast so many fugs? Too unpleasant to watch.

You sound sad.

by Anonymousreply 126August 8, 2019 4:45 PM

honey bunnies

by Anonymousreply 127August 8, 2019 5:06 PM

Just admit it: Adding a lesbian instead of a gay guy after teasing Will being gay for three seasons was a cop out. It was pathetic, hypocritical and offensive. I will never watch the show again now that I know the producers are bigots.

by Anonymousreply 128August 8, 2019 5:53 PM

R128 just squatted to piss her line in the sand. Don't cross her.

by Anonymousreply 129August 8, 2019 5:54 PM

God you are so tiresome r128. This must be the 127th time you have written that post on this board.

If you could put that energy into something constructive think about how much better your life could be.

by Anonymousreply 130August 8, 2019 5:56 PM

R128, they are gay themselves so stop hyperventilating

by Anonymousreply 131August 8, 2019 6:35 PM

Are the Duffer brothers gay?

by Anonymousreply 132August 8, 2019 7:18 PM

Is this seriously Datalounge? Since when is a straight relationship more important than a gay person coming out? I know you're all pissed that it's not Will, which I get, but how is more heteronormativity a good thing?

by Anonymousreply 133August 8, 2019 7:46 PM

If the brothers weren't the ones to propose the girl being a lesbian, it could be that they are just clueless even about what Will sexuality is and its not really on their radar to think in terms of gay representation.

by Anonymousreply 134August 8, 2019 8:38 PM

Oh they'll do a gay character.

The entire of season 3 can be boiled down to: boys are pretty much incompetent dopes, girls are smarter and have what it takes to save the world. It's that false, bro-style "feminism", straight guys trying to appease women with unrealistic, exaggerated portrayals of their abilities relative to males. Empowering female characters, yes, but a little TOO much, a little TOO pointedly.

When they do a gay character, it'll be a Magic Faggot (for those of you who recall the "Magic N-word" idea from literary and film theory), just the the girls in season 3 were all Magic Bitches.

by Anonymousreply 135August 8, 2019 8:44 PM

Nah, the Duffer Brothers original breakdown for Stranger Things had Will as a gay character r134. They have been envisioning him as gay since the very beginning.

I swear this conversation always goes in the same damn circles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 8, 2019 8:47 PM

Direct link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 8, 2019 8:48 PM

So, in other words, they've already done their Magic Faggot character, they just haven't revealed him as gay yet.

by Anonymousreply 138August 8, 2019 8:50 PM

[quote] I swear this conversation always goes in the same damn circles.

That's because the mixed signals are so fucking weird. Putting that unambiguous implication into the screenplay in S2, then not filming it. Filming that line of dialogue (and the shocked reaction to it) in S3, then having both actors involved go on record saying it doesn't mean what it obviously means.

Why are they so all over the place with this?

by Anonymousreply 139August 8, 2019 8:54 PM

I'd say there's still a fair amount of evidence in show he's gay. What I possibly think is they don't want to confirm he's into Mike which so far is they way they've tried to out him. Because lets be honest that's a relationship deadend they'll never break up the creepy romantic blackhole that is mileven. Poor Will doesn't deserve that level of suffering on top of everything else.

by Anonymousreply 140August 8, 2019 9:51 PM

They should introduce a new guy in Season 4 for Will to fall for. Him being into Mike is boring... cause Mike is boring. Will should be into someone outside of his core group who understands him or something.

Also... strangely enough, the Duffer Brothers are apparently straight. One is married to and the other is dating a woman. Could have fooled me since they sound super gay in their interviews, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 141August 8, 2019 10:05 PM

R135 The term is Magical Negro, we're all allowed to use that word.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 8, 2019 10:09 PM

r141 He's going to a new school in 4. Going by his love of art and dressing up I can see him joining theatre and having a "close" new friendship wth a boy there. Granted we'll probably only spend all of 2 minutes on that. But it's all Suzie got too... So long as he doesn't sing.

And on Mike being boring I think he's being set up to struggle next season. He can no longer spend his time protecting Will, or making out with El. He's grown out of his identity of dungeon master, Lucas actually has a girlfriend, and Dustin has Steve. So Mikes on his own and is going to have to grow into something new as well for all that he yelled at Will to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 143August 8, 2019 10:24 PM

Will will have to either move on and join a new group of friends (school theatre clique?) or become the creepy loner who everybody avoids at school, even the bullies.

by Anonymousreply 144August 8, 2019 11:49 PM

r144 that's what his older brother was, it would sort of make sense for Will to fallow in his footsteps...

by Anonymousreply 145August 8, 2019 11:52 PM

At the very least he's stuck with Eleven. And To be fair even Will takes the piss out of how much of a loner Jonathan is.

[quote] Is that why you don't have any friends? - Will Byers showing his gayling sassyness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 9, 2019 12:17 AM

>>>>kicks thread of curb on account of trolls

by Anonymousreply 147August 9, 2019 12:33 AM

These kids are going to need so much therapy by the time this show is over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 14, 2019 9:32 PM

holy fuck!

by Anonymousreply 149August 14, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote]Why are they so all over the place with this?

If you look at everything he has said about it, it seems pretty clear that Noah Schnapp himself doesn't really want Will to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 150August 14, 2019 9:47 PM

Everybody on this show is ugly. Has anybody else noticed that?

by Anonymousreply 151August 14, 2019 10:01 PM

Poor Noah, always getting pestered by strangers in public bathrooms. Good thing he's got such a happy-go-lucky attitude.

by Anonymousreply 152August 14, 2019 10:56 PM

They're not ugly, they're just actual teen-agers--and that means the guys, in particular, are going through that gawky phase. The hair and shorts don't help.

But there's a reason shows like Glee didn't cast real teens. It's not a pretty phase for most of us.

by Anonymousreply 153August 14, 2019 11:25 PM

Teenagers are ugly

by Anonymousreply 154August 15, 2019 2:17 AM

Noah is weird kid and so very gay. His team will have a hard time keeping him closeted lol

by Anonymousreply 155August 15, 2019 2:30 AM

If any of the cast is anything but straight, I wouldn't expect them to come out until well after the show is over.

by Anonymousreply 156August 15, 2019 2:35 AM

I don't think the Duffer Brothers were "beating off to Billy Boy."

1) They have been busted or accused of sexually harassing females on their production.

2) The whole Billy characterization smacks of the typical Bullied Nerds casting the Popular Jock as a bully and douchebag, so that the audience, and themselves, can enjoy it when Billy is taken down. It's been a very common trope since the 1980s — especially in horror flicks and Stephen King novels.

So I thinks it's "revenge of the nerds,"not homoerotic romance. But with the rock soundtrack and "Van Halen video" aesthetic at the swimming pool, I think the Duffer Brothers definitely admire the sex appeal of the Billys in the world.

by Anonymousreply 157August 15, 2019 2:53 AM

Will DOES have that psychic link to the monsters LOL

by Anonymousreply 158August 15, 2019 2:58 AM

They did a great job with Billy in season 2. I remember guys *just fucking like that* (but nowhere near as goodlooking) in the mid to late 80s when my asshole older brother was in high school and friends with guys like that (and he was one himself, he even had the same hair and jean jacket as Billy). The Duffer's (and Dacre) totally nailed the evil 80s rocker jock asshole type. The part of Colorado where I grew up was crawling with em back then.

by Anonymousreply 159August 15, 2019 3:00 AM

For one thing, r139, they want you to keep tuning in instead of giving away the plot.

It may very well be that they're under contractual obligation not to divulge Will's sexuality ... yet.

by Anonymousreply 160August 15, 2019 3:00 AM

After being neutral about her for years, I've really become a fan of Winona Ryder and her one facial expression on this show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 15, 2019 3:18 AM

R154

I was going through my old high school yearbooks shortly before my ten-year reunion, and I realized that all the kids we considered hot back then were really fucking ugly.

by Anonymousreply 162August 15, 2019 6:12 AM

There's a reason they cast 20 somethings as teenagers

by Anonymousreply 163August 15, 2019 6:19 AM

R161 I don’t see Joyce when I watch this I see Charlotte Flax, she just changed her name to joyce after she murdered her mother.

by Anonymousreply 164August 15, 2019 7:04 AM

I want more Dusty Bun/Suzy Poo duets!

by Anonymousreply 165August 15, 2019 7:09 AM

Good show, but the bath house scenes were way too short. And they completely forgot to show the room with videos.

by Anonymousreply 166August 15, 2019 4:30 PM

[quote] Noah is weird kid and so very gay

r155 What this walking epitome of heterosexuality? Though I hope for his sake he is gay. Otherwise this friendzone level is off the charts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 17, 2019 1:43 PM

R167 Wow, he looks 5 years older and as gay as a window. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 168August 17, 2019 6:21 PM

How are windows gay?

Straight people are the ones with flaps over their portals.

by Anonymousreply 169August 17, 2019 6:26 PM

It's the hair R168

by Anonymousreply 170August 17, 2019 6:35 PM

R169 Please see:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 17, 2019 6:45 PM

Bless, that video was so cute, R167. He's obviously gay and you can see they're great friends. They're adorable together.

by Anonymousreply 172August 18, 2019 6:51 AM

Why is nobody talking about Gatan? He's way cuter than the other boys, omg!

by Anonymousreply 173August 19, 2019 8:05 AM

Omg, that video at R167 is soooo cute! They're just silly best friends, it's adorable!!!

by Anonymousreply 174August 19, 2019 8:12 AM

If I was a gay teen I would want Millie as my bff fag hag.

by Anonymousreply 175August 19, 2019 8:30 AM

Millie looks like Winona Ryder and Natalie Portman.

by Anonymousreply 176August 19, 2019 8:50 AM

Millie looks way too old- that center part is doing her no favors.

by Anonymousreply 177August 19, 2019 9:36 AM

She might like girls.

by Anonymousreply 178August 19, 2019 9:43 AM

Bring back the supernatural stuff.

by Anonymousreply 179August 28, 2019 10:16 AM

let's make one thing clear. If Will isn't gay then the Stranger Things writers are guilty of some of the biggest queer baiting in TV history. And don't give me this BS about Will being to young to know what he likes and he was in the upside down so maybe blah blah blah.

We sure as Hell know that Mike and Lucas and Dustin like girls. Why is sexual ambiguity only appropriate when it comes to a possibly gay character? This Gaslighting of the gay audience has got to stop. And adding a lesbian character does not in any way diminish the potential queer baiting.

by Anonymousreply 180August 28, 2019 12:10 PM

I disagree r75

People aren't mad that Will hasn't come out. People are angry that the show hasn't confirmed that his character is gay. There are a dozen different ways to confirm a character is gay without them saying it.

by Anonymousreply 181August 28, 2019 12:59 PM

It was the 80. Will ain't coming out until after college.

by Anonymousreply 182August 28, 2019 2:07 PM

No, High School, R182.

I came out the day after I graduated high school. Once I was out of that cesspool of homophobia, I came out. Even though it was 1983, and the peak of anti-gay AIDS hysteria. (younger people have absolutely no clue how bad it was). And yes, this was in the middle of the mid-west.

by Anonymousreply 183August 28, 2019 2:19 PM

The thing is there are different stages of coming out. Coming out to your friends, coming out to your parents, coming out at school / at your job, etc. I would guess that Will's mom, brother, and his friends would be ok with Will coming out, but I could see them having concerns about him being out to others who could hurt him ... or force their hand to pick a side to either side with the gay-boy or their new peers.

Some celebrities are out to their family and friends and their management and other industry insiders, and yet are still considered closet cases, because they are not out to the whole world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 28, 2019 3:08 PM

Uh r183, I grew up in Chicago, graduated high school in 1983, and one my friends was gay (I knew he was), but he denied it vehemently (had a girlfriend and would make out with her all the time) and didn't come out until years later after college. Being gay was a huge stigma - nobody came out, and sadly I remember some kids making fun of one guy in the the cafeteria with a giant banner that he was gay to proclaim to the whole school of 4000 kids.

by Anonymousreply 185August 28, 2019 5:20 PM

Most gays came out of the closet in college in the '80s and '90s, if they came out at all.

It wasn't until the mid-'90s that you started to hear of high schoolers coming out. I wouldn't have had any friends if I came out in high school. But then again -- I was oblivious to the other queers right under my nose.

by Anonymousreply 186August 28, 2019 6:00 PM

Stranger Things shouldn't center around Will's sexual orientation. It can be a complement to the story but the really interesting stuff is the Upside Down and its mysterious creatures.

by Anonymousreply 187August 28, 2019 8:32 PM

Like I said. Will's character doesn't have to come out in order to let the audience know he's gay. There are plenty of ways to do that without him coming out.

by Anonymousreply 188August 30, 2019 8:56 AM

R184, don’t forget coming out to yourself. Will’s character may still be conflicted about a lot of things, including how he feels about boys, the coolness of D&D, and whether he still has pieces of the mind-flayer all up in his guts.

by Anonymousreply 189August 30, 2019 9:46 AM

r187. The initial show's charm was the friendship of the kids and how they worked together to defeat the enemy from the Upside Down World. That and the great 80s set-up.

Of course, in a way the Durrell Brothers wrote themselves in a corner, because they can't give the audience "authentic" 80s vibe (or what the mainstream audience perceives as proper and authentic 80s nostalgia) and be 2019 civil rights progressive at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 190August 30, 2019 10:34 AM

I was born in the 80's but I was younger that these kids in the show so I don't really have many clear memories of the 80's. Most of the 80's vibe I experienced it in the early 90's through 80's movies and TV shows. 80's nostalgia is not precisely a factor for me although I like the creativity of those days. What firstly attracted me to this show was its evident anime influences such as AKIRA and Elfen Lied. Then the concept and mystery of the Upside Down and the supernatural scary creatures captivated me. The 80's atmosphere adds nostalgia and more credibility to the story. The latter not the main thing for me but a great addition. R190

by Anonymousreply 191August 31, 2019 10:50 PM

R191, fair enough. But, as an '87 baby, I still love seeing actual shopping malls, neon signs, drop ceilings, JCPenny catalogs, big hair, the lack of cell phones. I think this was the same basic aesthetic in the early 90s as well, so I am loving it.

Also, I had actively think past all the severed limbs and heads on Elfen Leid to remember that there was a child experimentation angle lol. Great anime, though. Akira as well, of course.

Personally, I was hoping that they would have some other sci-fi/fantasy issue happen in the follow-on seasons, unrelated to the upside down (aliens, hauntings, magical artifacts, etc.) I think that kind of yearly reset (almost like AHS, but located in the same town) would give the show better legs. But, oh well.

by Anonymousreply 192September 1, 2019 12:23 AM

The Durrell Brothers, R190? Oh fucking dear.

by Anonymousreply 193September 1, 2019 12:39 AM

Have to say the mall and theater was accurate, well except for the Nazi's in the basement . I worked in one and we would comb the back halls. Some I knew would get into the gym after closing and work out and then just go back into the hall and back into the theatre and none the wiser.

by Anonymousreply 194September 1, 2019 1:22 AM

I would have basically been in between the older kids and the younger kids in school at the time. I do think they have done a pretty good job with the 80's feel, although I thought it was a bit more organic in the first season. The first season you felt you could have been watching something made in that time, whereas by season 3 all of the 80's stuff is pushed forward with the subtly of a sledgehammer. It has a bit more of an homage feel rather than feeling like something made in that time. It is not subtext, it is overly talking about New Coke -- it is having a Material Girl video montage while shopping. Although the difference in style between 1982-3 to 1985 is a lot louder - neon -- over the top -- so maybe that fits the move over the top way it is presented.

The Russian stuff fell kind of flat for me. I know a show having these creatures does not necessarily have to be realistic, but it was so over the top and unlikely, that it took me out of it. Plus, what was the Russian plan to use these creatures. As creepy as the upside down creatures can be, a lot of their origin and what they are does not make a lot of sense and does not seem that well thought out. I do wish they would have moved on to something else. There has kind of a rinse, lather, and repeat dealing with them at this point.

I am fairly confident that Hopper is in the Russian cell, but would not mind if he stayed dead. He was pretty over the top and annoying most of the season, and the pairing of him and Joyce seemed forced. Joyce seemed pretty out of character most of their adventure -- she was a basket case worrying about her kids the previous seasons, and this year, until the end, she seemed to forget they might be in danger and was largely supposed to be comic relief with bickering with Hopper. Really, the lack of interaction between and her sons - and the brothers with each other - was pretty lacking compared to how they were in season 1.

I did like Robin, but if they are going to keep bringing in new kids, they need to cycle some of them out. Half of them did not have much to do. Erica can definitely go somewhere else next season and Max was kind of annoying as well. It also might be time just to send Jonathan and Nancy off to college.

Has no one behind the scenes ever had a bloody nose on this show. Even a small one, the blood does not just stop a half an inch from the nostril in a dark something thick state. It is bright red and goes all the way down your face onto you shirt. Unless 11 have special blood, I have forgotten much of her and the upside down world background from season 1.

I did not find the season horrible, but I don't think it is this great piece of art that it gets through the media.

by Anonymousreply 195September 1, 2019 1:49 AM

This is a code red!

by Anonymousreply 196September 1, 2019 8:52 AM

[quote] WILL: Dustin used to make Code Red's

MIKE: Who's Dustin?

[quote] LUCAS: Remember? He was our friend in the time before Will started having an existential crises and we still had personalities outside our girlfriends. Now he hangs out with my 9 year old sister, a lesbian and some older guy in shorts.

by Anonymousreply 197September 1, 2019 9:28 AM

Stranger Things is falling into the wrong practice of using fillers only to take advantage of the show's success, but fillers hinder the natural development of a story and, when a story doesn't go anywhere people get bored.

by Anonymousreply 198September 5, 2019 4:03 AM

[quote]Have to say the mall and theater was accurate, well except for the Nazi's in the basement

Those were Soviet Russians under the mall, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 199September 6, 2019 6:37 PM

R167 I thought she was best friends with the redhead chick?

by Anonymousreply 200September 6, 2019 7:37 PM

[quote] Have to say the mall and theater was accurate, well except for the Nazi's in the basement.....Those were Soviet Russians under the mall, dummy.

Oh, well we had those, so the whole thing was accurate.

by Anonymousreply 201September 6, 2019 7:47 PM

r200 They all list their cast best friends at 2.30 in this. Both Sadie and Millie say each other and Noah. Finn and Caleb say each other, and Gaten. Noah just does the polite thing and says the people sat next to him. Much to Finns shock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 6, 2019 8:58 PM

Will is already acquiring a more masculine face.

by Anonymousreply 203September 6, 2019 9:54 PM

Noah bffs with the girls, what a power bottom.

by Anonymousreply 204September 7, 2019 10:09 AM

r180 I most certainly do not know for sure that Mike likes girls, he seems conflicted. They are setting up a gay puppy romance, and I think that is the furthest thing from boring. It would be a major plotline with payoff, unlike some random new love interest.

by Anonymousreply 205September 8, 2019 11:25 PM

Who will come out first, the character Will or Noah Schnapp?

by Anonymousreply 206September 8, 2019 11:28 PM

Lol, what the hell...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207September 8, 2019 11:32 PM

OK, this kid is weird.

by Anonymousreply 208September 8, 2019 11:38 PM

All teen bottoms are weird

by Anonymousreply 209September 9, 2019 12:13 AM

r148 r207 I feel someone should have hammered stranger danger into this kids head a lot harder.

by Anonymousreply 210September 9, 2019 12:52 AM

R210 how do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 211September 9, 2019 2:05 AM

He's a young kid who apparently walks up to strangers

by Anonymousreply 212September 9, 2019 2:10 AM

r211 Like r212 says. It's great he's so open and friendly to people. But in the last month alone he's had late night conversation with a drunk guy in a mens rooms who know his name, and ask his age. Now he's approaching random Cougars and taking food from them. He's the biggest 14 year old kidnapping risk I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 213September 9, 2019 10:23 AM

Dustin will have a nice chest when he grows up

by Anonymousreply 214September 12, 2019 7:23 PM

HOLY SHIT!!!

STRANGER THINGS joins the video game DEAD BY DAYLIGHT today with a brand new map, 3 new characters and massive changes to the game!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 17, 2019 9:27 PM

You can now play as the Demigorgon, Steve Harrington, or Nancy Wheeler!

by Anonymousreply 216September 17, 2019 9:31 PM

You can even play as Steve Harrington in his "Scoops Ahoy" outfit!!

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 17, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote] Demigorgon, Steve Harrington, or Nancy Wheeler!

What a weird choice of playable characters.

by Anonymousreply 218September 17, 2019 9:34 PM

R218 why weird?

by Anonymousreply 219September 17, 2019 9:35 PM

They are all far from main characters?

by Anonymousreply 220September 17, 2019 9:36 PM

r219 Steve I can somewhat see as he's a breakout character. ButI'd have thought pretty much the rest of the cast would have been ahead of Nancy and the Demogorgon as choices people would prefer.

by Anonymousreply 221September 17, 2019 9:38 PM

Also theres the fact it looks like they're pairing Steve up with Nancy as a duo without Jonathan around. Which hasn't been a thing since about mid season 1.

by Anonymousreply 222September 17, 2019 9:42 PM

Eleven would have made a better female character to play. They could have invented some awesome perks to counteract the killers.

But maybe she's too powerful for Dead By Daylight, where the victims are all supposed to be weak and mortal. And maybe Nancy is the more adult female that players can relate to, versus a child, which might be stupid.

by Anonymousreply 223September 17, 2019 9:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224September 17, 2019 9:45 PM

R222 That’s because Jonathan sucks

by Anonymousreply 225September 17, 2019 10:38 PM

It’s cool because Dead By Daylight replaced their main menu theme song with a “Strangers Things” version played on ‘80s synthesizers.

Presumably, it’s only for this week while they have the Hawkins Laboratory promotion going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 18, 2019 12:20 AM

This is really unprecedented, because no, other Chapter in Dead By Daylight has offered two, new Survivor characters, let alone from a popular franchise. So Stranger Things gets to have two, different heroes in the game.

by Anonymousreply 227September 18, 2019 12:29 AM

R237 What's, with, all, the, commas?

by Anonymousreply 228September 18, 2019 11:26 AM

Commas go between two adjectives or modifiers.

I should trim down my language, I know.

by Anonymousreply 229September 19, 2019 8:47 PM

No, R229.

R227's post is riddled with not just unnecessary commas, but commas in all the wrong places, that renders the post a complete difficult-to-read mess.

by Anonymousreply 230September 20, 2019 2:11 PM

R230 who gives a tuck you prissy

by Anonymousreply 231September 21, 2019 11:47 AM

It's not being prissy to point out the fact that the text was virtually unreadable and painful due to the completely ignorant over-use of commas.

by Anonymousreply 232September 21, 2019 3:52 PM

We get it. Commas are triggering.

by Anonymousreply 233September 21, 2019 4:29 PM

I like commas, now, quotation marks are just annoying over achieving commas.

by Anonymousreply 234September 21, 2019 9:28 PM

Just don't mess around with periods. You know what it means if someone misses a couple of periods.

by Anonymousreply 235September 21, 2019 9:44 PM

My sister texts me without using any punctuation. They can be quite lengthy, too, and it's like trying to decipher the Rosetta Stone sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 236September 22, 2019 1:05 AM

Commas will be the new Demogorgon!

by Anonymousreply 237September 22, 2019 5:59 AM

[bold]'Stranger Things' Renewed for Season 4 as Creators Ink Nine-Figure Netflix Deal[/bold]

[quote]The streaming giant has handed out a fourth-season renewal to breakout hit Stranger Things and signed its creators, brothers Matt and Ross Duffer, to a multiple-year film and TV overall deal that sources say is worth nine figures. The news arrives nearly three months after the third season of the streamer's 1980s-set sci-fi drama returned after more than a year off the proverbial air. A return date for season four has not yet been determined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238September 30, 2019 4:17 PM

[quote]after more than a year off the [bold]proverbial air[/bold]

😒

by Anonymousreply 239September 30, 2019 4:19 PM

Announcement video. They're leaving Hawkins?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240September 30, 2019 4:39 PM

R239 what's wrong?

by Anonymousreply 241September 30, 2019 4:46 PM

r241 I just hate the way "proverbial" was used in that particular case, that's all. And it's just pure filling up of the word count; it adds literally nothing to the sentence.

by Anonymousreply 242September 30, 2019 4:55 PM

Well Joyce/Eleven/Will don't even live in Hawkins anymore.

Are they really going to have a season of them rescuing Hooper in Russia?

by Anonymousreply 243September 30, 2019 5:08 PM

Eh, it could just mean they are in the upside down or whatever. I think the last episode, Mike said something about visiting for Christmas so I imagine the new season will be set along there as ST loves to set their seasons during holidays

by Anonymousreply 244September 30, 2019 5:16 PM

The surviving demogorgons were in Russia, right, r240? So maybe the action has to take place there.

Or maybe the aliens or their possessed people have spread anywhere in the world and the cast is called upon/ rises to try and stop it.

But "We're not in Hawkins anymore" sounds like an allusion to "We're not in Kansas anymore." Which means the cast will be fish out-of-water in some adventurous, new place. Like Dorothy.

by Anonymousreply 245September 30, 2019 7:03 PM

That would be cool if they had to fight their way out of the Upside Down or whatever world the Mindflyer inhabits.

by Anonymousreply 246September 30, 2019 7:06 PM

Stranger Things needs to go back to the supernatural stuff.

by Anonymousreply 247September 30, 2019 8:57 PM

Possible foreshadowing of Will in season 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 3, 2019 10:46 PM

r248

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249October 3, 2019 10:46 PM

Will will be gay and would want to suck on Dustin's tits

by Anonymousreply 250October 7, 2019 3:59 PM

Demogorgon.

by Anonymousreply 251October 8, 2019 12:23 AM

THE TURNING trailer is out. Is Finn Wolfhard Hollywood's latest Scream Queen?

He's certainlly Wolfing down those horror roles Hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252October 10, 2019 2:53 AM

I didn't find it scary and that's big problem today's horror films face. Higher technology rather ruins them. R252

by Anonymousreply 253October 10, 2019 3:03 AM

R253 could you elaborate?

by Anonymousreply 254October 10, 2019 4:28 AM

How did you see it, r253?

by Anonymousreply 255October 10, 2019 4:46 AM

Horror is not about how sophisticated noises and apparitions you can generate with a computer.

by Anonymousreply 256October 10, 2019 5:07 AM

Netflix said on Wednesday that Season 3 of Stranger Things was viewed by 64 million households in its first four weeks on the platform, the hit series’ best numbers to date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 17, 2019 3:31 PM

Netflix look into growth blocking hormones. "Don't fuck this up for us puberty" say execs.

by Anonymousreply 258October 17, 2019 3:36 PM

Caleb looking hot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259October 19, 2019 7:52 PM

He does look sexy doesn't he

by Anonymousreply 260October 19, 2019 10:30 PM

You're lucky that he's 18 now

by Anonymousreply 261October 20, 2019 12:54 AM

What's the point of season 4? They're all old men now!

by Anonymousreply 262October 22, 2019 11:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263November 5, 2019 3:53 PM

r253 = Huge liar. He should work at the Hawkins Laboratory.

by Anonymousreply 264November 5, 2019 7:11 PM

It looks like r222 was right about Dead By Daylight!

They've just released two, new outfits for Steve Harrington and Nancy Wheeler called "The Battle of the Exes," and they make note of their "short-lived relationship."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265November 7, 2019 7:07 PM

I don't think their choice of playable characters is "weird" for Stranger Things. Steve and Nancy are young adults who are more like the video games' target demographic. Steve has become a romantic hero of the show, so he should absolutely be there. And they have to be "Survivors," the victims, so they couldn't pick somebody with superpowers like Eleven.

And the Demogorgon is the most logical choice to play the killer side — because the giant Mindflyer spider is way too big and body-snatched Billy would be lame.

by Anonymousreply 266November 7, 2019 7:11 PM

Here is some gameplay with the new Stranger Things costumes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 7, 2019 7:12 PM

It looks like you can also play as the Demogorgon or Hopper in Fortnite -- a hugely popular game.

There's also a Mindflyer map on Rocket league!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268November 7, 2019 7:16 PM

Here is some Fortnite gameplay with the Demogorgon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269November 7, 2019 7:24 PM

And Chief Hopper's dances:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270November 7, 2019 7:25 PM

Apparently, Season 3 has its own video game. But it's retro-'80s, so it sucks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 7, 2019 7:27 PM

Yesterday was "Stranger Things Day," because Nov. 6 was fictionally the day Will was drawn into the Upside Down or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 272November 7, 2019 7:35 PM

Who is the wacko slandering Millie Bobby Brown as a drug-addicted mess on Datalounge?

Why would anyone think that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273November 15, 2019 7:54 PM

Look at them SAG nominations!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 11, 2019 4:43 PM

BTW a synthwave music channel I love just did a Stranger Thinks mix. Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275December 11, 2019 5:50 PM

Well Noah just spoiled Hoppers obvious fate for anyone interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 11, 2020 9:41 PM

R276 I couldn't understand what he said.

by Anonymousreply 277January 11, 2020 9:43 PM

r277 He was answering questions about season 4s script.

[quote] Hopper has a really good story... Oh fuck

So yeah Hopper is definitely alive if that counts as a spoiler

by Anonymousreply 278January 11, 2020 9:47 PM

Anyone who thinks Hopper is dead is just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 279January 11, 2020 9:48 PM

R278 Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't think David Harbour would be out so soon.

by Anonymousreply 280January 11, 2020 9:50 PM

Haha, Noah is such a bimbo.

by Anonymousreply 281January 11, 2020 10:01 PM

R281 How do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 282January 11, 2020 10:02 PM

r282

Well, giving away the plot "twist" (in combination with posting thirst traps on IG and TikTok).

I always get the feeling that Finn finds him and Millie a bit cringy, which is why he's not that close to either of them.

by Anonymousreply 283January 11, 2020 10:11 PM

Does Noah have a boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 284January 11, 2020 10:41 PM

Do you think he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 285January 11, 2020 10:49 PM

He's very obviously Millie's GBF. I think they're cute in that obnoxious but naive teenager way. That best friends tag video they did made them seem so normal.

by Anonymousreply 286January 12, 2020 3:39 AM

The fact that Hopper isn't dead is just pathetic writing and it makes me really just lose interest in this show.

by Anonymousreply 287January 13, 2020 5:07 AM

r285 He could be straight. It's hard to judge teenagers sexuality. But he seems like such a baby gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 13, 2020 6:44 AM

All Gen Z males seem gay. It's impossible to tell with them.

by Anonymousreply 289January 13, 2020 6:48 AM

I don't know if Noah is gay or not but he's an adorable bubble headed boobie

by Anonymousreply 290January 13, 2020 12:52 PM

This is the look of a young gayling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291January 20, 2020 2:39 AM

r291 Apparently he's a Chalamet fanboy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 20, 2020 12:44 PM

r292

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 20, 2020 12:44 PM

He looks very stylish and age appropriate unlike MBB who looked like she was cosplaying Alexis Carrington Colby at the same event. And if you need any proof he's her gay bestie, they spent their spare time before the awards show making up a dance routine together for TikTok. I'll give you all one guess which one's the better dancer.

by Anonymousreply 294January 21, 2020 2:52 AM

Alt gossip is saying the Noah is now being "mentored" by Bryan Singer

by Anonymousreply 295January 22, 2020 12:26 PM

[quote] SAG AWARDS: I always talk about this foreign born, not old enough to drive A-/B+ list actress who stars on a very hit streaming show. Apparently though, one of her male co-stars who is roughly the same age has been getting acting advice and mentored by the disgraced director. The actor was talking about it last night. Millie Bobby Brown ("Stranger Things")/Finn Wolfhard or Noah Schnapp/Bryan Singer (Millie Bobby Brown and the 'Stranger Things' cast reunited and looked stunning on the SAG Awards red carpet) ('Stranger Things' Star Finn Wolfhard Fires Agent Over Former Actor's Sexual Abuse Claim) ("The Atlantic" Bryan Singer article)

r295 I'd honestly say Wolfhard is more likely. Schnapp lives in New York, and only really travels for Cons. Wolfhard is in LA a lot more as he's got a lot more projects. Though Schnapp is certainly more Singer's type, and has previously demonstrated 0 awareness of staying away from creepy adults s it's not impossible I guess.

by Anonymousreply 296January 22, 2020 12:58 PM

Why would any parent let their kids near Bryan Singer? Doesn't everyone know by now what a massive creep this guy is? Why are studios still hiring someone lime Singer? Totally irresponsible.

by Anonymousreply 297January 22, 2020 1:55 PM

r296 If you've ever seen the kinds of boys Bryan singer likes and hangs with Noah looks just like his type. Noah is young and pretty in a conventional kind of way. Finn is more exotic looking than Bryan usually goes for but you never know. Plus Finn is older and he's already fired one agent who was accused of being a boy molester.

by Anonymousreply 298January 22, 2020 3:11 PM

r298 I'd say theres a fairly big gap between his parents firing an agent when he's 15. And who 17 year old Finn Wolfhard chooses to hang around with.

by Anonymousreply 299January 22, 2020 4:04 PM

Yeah but he knows why his agent was fired. He's not stupid.

by Anonymousreply 300January 22, 2020 10:19 PM

Look I have no idea who Alt Gossip is talking about. For some reason they weren't specific as they usually are. I'm just speculating that it's Noah based on Singer's usual choice of meal. I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 301January 22, 2020 10:22 PM

I just picked up my tickets to the World Premieres of Joe Keery’s new film, [italic]Spree[/italic] and Finn Wolfhard’s new movie [italic]Omnibus[/italic] at the Sundance Film Festival!

Jealous, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 22, 2020 10:49 PM

I’ll be sure to keep you girls posted as to whether they’re any good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 22, 2020 10:53 PM

[quote] Spree: Thirsty for a following, Kurt Kunkle is a rideshare driver who has figured out a deadly plan to go viral.

[quote] Ominboat: Chronicling the life of Lay'n Pipe, a 47 foot TopGun Cigarette speedboat, from its conception through the end of human civilization. It's not just a speedboat ride, it's a Miami adventure.

I'll pass. Might give The Turning a go if the reviews are good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304January 22, 2020 10:55 PM

I would pay to watch Joe Keery eat crackers.

Unfortunately, that means I will sit through this abomination in the works:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305January 22, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote] Noah has previously demonstrated 0 awareness of staying away from creepy adults

"Shit if you need to!"

by Anonymousreply 306January 22, 2020 11:35 PM

And FYI, that means Joe and Finn will be there live, taking questions from the audience.

Joe Keery will be at my screening of [italic]Spree.[/italic] But I didn’t get the star-panel screening of [italic]Omniboat[/italic] because Redford will be there and it will be a total madhouse. Plus, Finn isn’t hot enough for me OR Bryan Singer!

by Anonymousreply 307January 22, 2020 11:37 PM

Finn is more or less legal (though not in California); I doubt Singer would be as bold as making the moves on a 15-year-old like Noah with all the scrutiny on him now.

by Anonymousreply 308January 22, 2020 11:58 PM

They're going to have to do a time jump in season 4 right? Dawsons Creek wouldn't sell these guys as Highschool Freshmen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 23, 2020 12:09 AM

R309, they still look half the age of the 90210 cast.

by Anonymousreply 310January 23, 2020 12:12 AM

R309 Why not? Unlike other shows, they're actually still teenagers. I often wonder if filming takes so long bc almost all of them are still minors and working around parents, school and schedules must be hell. How long are they allowed to work each day/week? DO they have private tutors on set and a parent present?

by Anonymousreply 311January 23, 2020 12:53 AM

When does season 4 start filming?

by Anonymousreply 312January 23, 2020 1:07 AM

Everyone between the ages of 9 to 18 can work 9 to 10 hours per day, which is still overtime.

They can get school lessons and homework on-set while they’re waiting to shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313January 23, 2020 1:13 AM

r312 Starts next month in Europe (specifically Lithuania). So I assume they're doing the free Hopper scenes first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 23, 2020 1:16 AM

Did you guys realize Weezer made Scream Queen Finn Wolfhard the star of their video for covering “Take On Me?”

‘80s realness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315February 6, 2020 3:22 PM

Speaking of my God was The Turning a let down.

by Anonymousreply 316February 6, 2020 4:06 PM

They shot this fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317February 14, 2020 7:45 PM

Are they done in Lithuania and back in the ATL?

by Anonymousreply 318February 14, 2020 10:31 PM

What's the ATL?

by Anonymousreply 319February 15, 2020 2:08 AM

R319 Atlanta

by Anonymousreply 320February 15, 2020 2:12 AM

r318 Presumably they're doing all the outside prison scenes then going back to either Atlanta or New Mexico is rumored as well to film the rest. Though no one else in the cast other than Harbour looks to have filmed anything yet. So either they don't help Hopper escape, or they'll be going back later?

by Anonymousreply 321February 15, 2020 2:55 AM

When is Season 4 coming out?

Last time, they took like, 2 years to complete Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 322February 15, 2020 3:24 AM

How do you think Hopper got to Russia?

by Anonymousreply 323February 15, 2020 3:24 AM

Yes, r316, [italic]The Turning[/italic] wasn't very good and there was no payoff.

But the Henry James novella it's based on may be the first ever "The monster was just schizophrenic hallucinations" story — practically a sub-genre of horror. The first time you see one of those movies it's impactful. So maybe [italic]The Turning[/italic] didn't move me because I saw [italic]The Shining[/italic] and others first.

by Anonymousreply 324February 15, 2020 3:42 AM

R311 it’s dumb they don’t film 2 seasons back to back to make the most of these kids youth. I guess the reason for the long delays are that the writers are just slow as hell.

by Anonymousreply 325February 15, 2020 4:24 AM

From the producers of Stranger Things, stars kids from IT, has a girl with Telekinesis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326February 17, 2020 10:19 PM

Another Netflix movie with lesbians? How quaint.

by Anonymousreply 327February 17, 2020 10:25 PM

The next season will suck. They're going through the awkward teen phase and aren't nice sweet kids anymore.

They need a significant character death that's eaten by the monster, then becomes the face of that monster. 11 has to destroy her monster possessed love interest or something.

He dies and it's sad. Maybe 11 dies with him saving the town.

by Anonymousreply 328February 17, 2020 10:40 PM

They already kind of did that with Billy, who was leading an army of pod people possessed by the Mindflyer or whatever.

The love interest/sacrifice angle you suggest would be better, but it would feel too close to what they're already doing with the possessed townspeople.

They ought to send some of the cast into the Upside-Down and on to the aliens' planet to explore and destroy.

by Anonymousreply 329February 18, 2020 6:35 PM

R329 that would be nice. I like that. Some weird alien space portal and the mystery of figuring out why they want this town in particular.

And how it ties into the weird mystery experiment children. Maybe they were experimented on using some stolen alien material and that's why the aliens want to destroy them. The alien goo they used was supposed to feed their larvae. Something like that. Make the humans the original bad guys and the poor aliens just retaliating and defending their world.

by Anonymousreply 330February 18, 2020 8:49 PM

I honestly think either Will or Eleven will die or leave to another dimension at the end.

by Anonymousreply 331February 18, 2020 10:39 PM

Yeah, they can't be happy in love. That's boring.

by Anonymousreply 332February 19, 2020 2:39 AM

No space; no aliens Some mystical parallel world with mystical creatures we cannot fully comprehend.

by Anonymousreply 333February 19, 2020 11:18 AM

r331 It isn't really the kind of show to kill off main characters. since the only person of any importance to actually die in 3 whole seasons is Billy. Who was only a minor side character anyway. Then again after last season side character now includes Jonathan, Nancy, Mike, Will, Lucas and Max so not impossible I guess.

by Anonymousreply 334February 19, 2020 11:31 AM

I'm tired of this show. Another season of the kids battling that monster? Yay.

by Anonymousreply 335February 19, 2020 11:34 AM

Dear r333,

“Some mystical parallel world with mystical creatures we cannot fully comprehend” is still alien.

It’s a different world. But one that clearly has an intelligent life form(s) with an agenda in our world.

I would like to see the humans go into the Upside Down or wherever the Mindflyer is from, discover its beef, then unravel its beef curtains.

by Anonymousreply 336February 21, 2020 3:35 AM

They killed Sean Astin.

by Anonymousreply 337February 21, 2020 3:36 AM

That's why they'll never kill Hopper or any of the Byers. Joyce Byer has suffered one big personal loss already, they're not going to keep torturing the same character.

If anyone's dying, maybe it's Mike or the lesbian character played by Maya Hawke. Or maybe after having a bunch of fakeouts they'll finally kill off Steve.

by Anonymousreply 338February 21, 2020 4:01 AM

Kill the sassy black girl, everyone will be happy.

by Anonymousreply 339February 21, 2020 4:09 AM

[quote] I'm tired of this show. Another season of the kids battling that monster? Yay.

So you are not going to watch it then and bore us with your opinion afterwards? YAY!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 340February 21, 2020 5:05 AM

Oh no, I'll be watching it, don't worry. For all you know, you've W&W me in other threads.

by Anonymousreply 341February 21, 2020 12:06 PM

r337 Yeah but he was created to die, like the fry cook in s1ep1. The core cast are pretty much immune to that.

by Anonymousreply 342February 21, 2020 12:47 PM

The way Hopper was written last season, I would not have minded him staying dead. I kind of liked Joyce and Sean Astin, because it was not the obvious hooking her up with Hopper - which they then did the next season in the most cliched way - we are bickering but really fighting our attraction to each other. They also needed to give Joyce a bit more time to grieve red-shirt Sean's death. It seemed odd that she would want to be with Hopper right after that, esp. since she was not fighting any attraction to him the first two seasons.

I don't think they need to be killed off, but it is time for some of the older kids to be written off. Have Jonathon and Nancy go off to college. I like Steve, but it might be time for him to stop hanging out with the younger kids and move on as well. They have added a number of kids the last few seasons and don't really have time to do things with all of them. A couple of the characters that were part of the main group originally did not have much to do last year except make a couple of wisecracks.

by Anonymousreply 343February 21, 2020 1:06 PM

Oh for fucks sake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344February 21, 2020 10:51 PM

Are you upset that's she's black or that she's female, r344? Or both?

by Anonymousreply 345February 21, 2020 11:29 PM

He's upset because she's named Pariah.

by Anonymousreply 346February 21, 2020 11:34 PM

r345 No Priah's agent. I'm upset because your client was the worst character in s3 by a mile, she's a borderline stereotype of a sassy preteen girl from a 90s sitcom. I'm also upset because upping her to a main character means they have to justify giving her more screentime in order to justify paying her increased salary. Which means in a 9 episode season they have even less chance to develop other characters who actually need it. Like for example Lucas who despite being a main African American character who's been around since the start has had zero development and just spent s3 belching and shilling Coca-Cola. Will who spent 1 & 2 being a plot macguffin, and who's entire character arc last season became a let's play D&D meme. Jonathan and Nancy who managed to somehow devolve from season 1 to irrelevance. Mike who I'm not sure has a life or character trait outside his girlfriend anymore. The Duffer brothers would apparently just like to keep introducing new characters rather than having to do any work developing the ones that people actually liked from the start.

by Anonymousreply 347February 21, 2020 11:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348February 22, 2020 12:01 AM

Erica was the best thing about Season 3. Her character was authentically 80s.

by Anonymousreply 349February 22, 2020 12:05 AM

Agreed R349, unlike Nepotisma Hawke's character, who rang very false. They didn't even try with her styling.

by Anonymousreply 350February 22, 2020 2:45 AM

So when is Season 4 being released? I saw something online about an April 2020 release, but not sure how accurate that is.

by Anonymousreply 351February 22, 2020 2:49 AM

No, r351, I don't think they've even started filming yet.

by Anonymousreply 352February 22, 2020 3:23 AM

They've released an entire teaser trailer with S4 , so yes, they've certainly started filming, but only overseas with the Hopper subplot. They haven't started back in Atlanta yet which is where most of the filming will take place. In fact, the setup of the Atlanta sets and casting for extra haven't even begun yet. According to TVLine, the production is slated to wrap in early August, which will likely mean a Christmas 2020 or early 2021 release.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353February 22, 2020 3:30 AM

Child endangerment!

by Anonymousreply 354February 22, 2020 7:03 AM

I wish they would put a Down Syndrome, special needs or autistic kid in. That would have been more authentic.

A kid with cystic fibrosis or muscular dystrophy. That's very 80s. There's no one like that in the whole town? Not a neighbor or something?

by Anonymousreply 355February 22, 2020 8:07 AM

People were about the telethon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356February 22, 2020 8:10 AM

And the lack of gender role issues? Come on.

No teens seen watching ABC Afterschool Specials?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357February 22, 2020 8:15 AM

And the lack of gender role issues? Come on.

No teens seen watching ABC Afterschool Specials?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358February 22, 2020 8:15 AM

They wrapped filming in Lithuania. They start filming in Atlanta next week. Season 4 won't be released until 2021.

by Anonymousreply 359February 22, 2020 1:39 PM

Probably late 2021 given how they mentioned Thanksgiving/ Christmas at the end of last season, and this shows love of releasing around holidays. God even Noah Schnapp is going to be 18 by the time 5 is released.

by Anonymousreply 360February 22, 2020 1:50 PM

Ugh, he is?

by Anonymousreply 361February 22, 2020 2:05 PM

They wrap in August and they'll be releasing it 15 months later? I don't' think so. Netflix doesn't hang on to its finished seasons for that long. They release them as soon as they're done with the CGI and editing. I'm thinking it'll be a New Year's 2021 release. Thanks R359!

by Anonymousreply 362February 22, 2020 7:24 PM

I didn't mind Erica /Priah at all. I thought she was hilarious and fun.

But then again, my joy and self-esteem does not depend on disparaging women and blacks like half of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 363February 22, 2020 8:05 PM

Just a reminder: Russian trolls are paid to divide Americans with as much rancor and hatred as possible, including racist attacks against popular entertainment.

Like Russia paid them to make Americans think STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI was a bid film because some characters were Vietnamese or women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364February 22, 2020 8:13 PM

I thought Erica was a lot of fun too. The little kid who plays her has pretty good comic timing for a young actor and I thought she fit in really well with the rest of the cast. I liked that they had younger characters AND the older out of high school characters AND the core group of middle schoolers - very true to the 80s kid adventure films.

by Anonymousreply 365February 22, 2020 8:58 PM

[quote]I'm upset because your client was the worst character in s3 by a mile, she's a borderline stereotype of a sassy preteen girl from a 90s sitcom.

LOL! I thought the same thing. She seemed jarringly out of place, like she's in a sitcom and the rest are in a horror show. And her sassiness got old fast. But, of course, you get the usual knee-jerk reactions of racism/sexism because she's back and female; how dare anyone criticize a back female. But if she had been a white/Latin/Asian boy and been equally as annoying and incongruous, I'd bitch, too.

by Anonymousreply 366February 26, 2020 2:44 AM

[quote]she's back and female; how dare anyone criticize a back female

Oh,, dear; oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 367February 26, 2020 3:13 AM

Anyway here's Noah Schnapp wearing the gayest suits since Liberace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368February 26, 2020 3:27 AM

Hopefully Noah will come out soon.

by Anonymousreply 369February 26, 2020 3:45 AM

Season 4 is coming out next year? What a drag. Hopefully season 3 of Dark and season 2 of Russian Doll will be out this year.

by Anonymousreply 370February 26, 2020 5:02 AM

r369 Listen the journey of self discovery is long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371February 26, 2020 5:07 AM

Go sassy black girl!

by Anonymousreply 372February 27, 2020 11:49 PM

r371 droll emoji from Noah. lol

Wasn't Noah saying some things last year on social media that made it look like he had a major crush on Asher Angel?

by Anonymousreply 373February 28, 2020 12:27 PM

Stranger Things ups Brett Gelman to series regular, shares behind-the-scenes clip of season's table read

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374March 3, 2020 9:41 PM

Who will he tell to fuck in front of him next season?

by Anonymousreply 375March 3, 2020 9:48 PM

Howard Stern announced that Finn Wolfhard is "getting disturbing-looking" today. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 376March 12, 2020 7:45 PM

Gelman was hilarious on EAGLEHEART you have to see it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377March 12, 2020 7:46 PM

He doesn't look that bad. Like Edward Scissorhands but not weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378March 13, 2020 11:12 PM

I've decided that Finn just doesn't have it. Sorry, buddy, but everyone else on the show outshines you. Though I haven't seen It, so maybe he's good in that. What do we know about the next season? I watched all three in a mad dash this past summer. Missed the zeitgeist when it started. IT'S FUN! The first season's rather brilliant. The second's okay for some drama and character growth, but gets bogged down in its own mythology and self-seriousness. The third's goofy. That was almost a campy mess, but they brought it home in the end, and I liked the colors, so I can't hate!

Will season 4 be like... early 90s? That'd be fun! But probably more late 80s huh? Or will they even time jump? I'm curious to see how everyone is being split up. Presumably the scope of this season should be vast. International even!

That kid that plays Will is the best of the male actors, I think. Eleven's obvs great. Are all the teens returning? Need Steve and Uma Thurman's daughter please.

by Anonymousreply 379March 13, 2020 11:16 PM

Productions are starting to shut down. Filming on Season 4 may be halted even though it's just begun. We may not see it until late 2021 if we're lucky.

by Anonymousreply 380March 14, 2020 2:27 AM

r380 They've already stopped

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381March 14, 2020 7:29 AM

r380 We don't really know much so far. But Hoppers alive. The Byers+11 aren't on set until May. So either they're not in the first episode or two. Or they're just doing all the Hawkins scenes first and then everyone's going to where the Byers moved to for the rest of the season. Which looks to be New Mexico.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382March 14, 2020 7:37 AM

r382 Meant for r379

by Anonymousreply 383March 14, 2020 7:39 AM

I don't like the cop guy.

by Anonymousreply 384March 16, 2020 1:58 AM

That kid up at r378 should play the title role in "The Tim Curry Story." In a few years. He looks like a credible Dr F in RHPS.

by Anonymousreply 385March 16, 2020 8:04 PM

So did they finish filming this next season before the coronavirus brought the world to a halt?

by Anonymousreply 386March 29, 2020 12:26 AM

They had to put filming on hold

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387March 29, 2020 12:33 AM

They only got part of the first episode. Maybe we'll see it on 2023.

by Anonymousreply 388March 29, 2020 12:35 AM

People thought the de-aging CGI in IT 2 was bad imagine what they're going to have to do for post pandemic 33 year old Finn Wolfhard playing a highschool Freshman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389March 29, 2020 12:39 AM

R387, well that sucks. But obviously understandable given this crisis.

By the time this show is over, these kids will look like grad students.

by Anonymousreply 390March 29, 2020 12:39 AM

It's their own damn fault for waiting so long. After the American government, the Stranger Things producers get no sympathy from me.

by Anonymousreply 391March 29, 2020 12:45 AM

It's going to be a long haul until the next season of a lot of people's favorite shows...

by Anonymousreply 392March 29, 2020 1:19 AM

Hopefully Dark finished filming their final season.

by Anonymousreply 393March 29, 2020 7:37 AM

Is this next season the last season?

by Anonymousreply 394March 29, 2020 6:46 PM

They always wait so long between seasons that I forget what happened in the previous season. It makes me less likely to watch.

by Anonymousreply 395March 29, 2020 7:15 PM

r394 Yes.

Very frustrating indeed, they could have filmed it before.

by Anonymousreply 396July 2, 2020 11:11 PM

Production starts back up in Georgia on Sept. 17.

But I still think a 2021 release date is a longshot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397July 2, 2020 11:24 PM

If they still plan for season 5 a timeskip to college, and digital deaging of Caleb Mclaughlin may be required.

by Anonymousreply 398July 2, 2020 11:44 PM

The fuck?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399July 15, 2020 10:13 AM

People are trying to cancel him. He apparently supports a transphobe slut shaming fan on social media.

by Anonymousreply 400July 15, 2020 1:50 PM

“Supports” AKA said what they said was bad but that they didn’t deserve death threats.

This is... interesting.

by Anonymousreply 401July 15, 2020 3:53 PM

ir400I f anyone can stand the summary from tween twitter. Basically he's a bit of a self centered idiot. And someone should have told him to not become personally involved with his fangirls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402July 15, 2020 5:18 PM

Is Noah a baby gay?

by Anonymousreply 403July 15, 2020 8:34 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 404July 15, 2020 8:54 PM

Stranger Things season 9 or the effects of the Upside Down on the Yugoslav wars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405August 19, 2020 6:53 PM

They should film seasons 4 and 5 back to back. These kids will be 20 before they debut. They already shot themselves in the foot waiting so long in between seasons. Now it will be even long with Covid.

by Anonymousreply 406August 19, 2020 7:41 PM

They want the kids to be older for the gay love story probably.

by Anonymousreply 407August 19, 2020 10:15 PM

They just have to wait because of COVID restrictions. And now the Screen Actor's Guild is demanding on-site rapid testing for COVID every three days, which isn't available yet in an accurate or cost-efficient way.

This is only going to benefit the show, because they will have more time to develop and write the scripts instead of a mad rush with shoddy results like the last 3 seasons of GAME OF THRONES.

Yes, they might have to flash forward in time because of actors aging but yes, they may also get to shoot 2 or 3 seasons more or less back-to-back.

by Anonymousreply 408August 19, 2020 10:49 PM

r407 He'll be 16 by the time they start filming again. And anyway he went out for the role of Theo in the Goldfinch years ago so as long as Will doesn't start visiting bathhouses straight away I doubt he's bothered age wise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409August 19, 2020 10:50 PM

All the juicy tween girl drama in that twitter link.

Jesus H. Christ, as Quint would say.

by Anonymousreply 410August 19, 2020 10:58 PM

Yeah Stranger Things is meant for older tweens and above, they're not going to have any hardcore porn in it or anything. Even the Billy/Mrs. Wheeler stuff was pretty tame. 16 is plenty for a gay love story on this show!

by Anonymousreply 411August 24, 2020 10:48 PM

#Noahschnappisoverparty 2.0

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412August 26, 2020 6:34 PM

Although he didn't actually say the N'word in that last video. Why is Noah always involved in some shit?

by Anonymousreply 413August 27, 2020 2:14 AM

Is he cancelled yet?

by Anonymousreply 414August 27, 2020 3:28 AM

r413 He's gay and loves drama. But honestly I think its that him and his friends are all social media whores who film themselves 24/7. That combined with the fact that doesn't seem to know how to deal with fangirls who loved him as an innocent 11 year old hating him as a 15 year old party boy, and you get a toxic mix of idiot meets angry audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415August 27, 2020 5:51 AM

How is he gay? Has he come out?

by Anonymousreply 416August 27, 2020 11:18 AM

Um, have you heard him speak or seen what he wears on the red carpet?

by Anonymousreply 417August 27, 2020 12:40 PM

He's a kid, give him time. He's not going to pretend to have a girlfriend or anything.

by Anonymousreply 418August 27, 2020 8:47 PM

The he's gay statement was so definitive that I thought he had come out or something. So it's speculation based on the fact that he's cute and has a wild fashion sense. Got it.

Well seeing as I'm not one of those people who sees being assumed as gay as some sort of horrible accusation, I'm fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 419August 28, 2020 10:13 AM

R419 has no gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 420August 28, 2020 1:49 PM

Intriguing new photoshoot from Noah:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421October 19, 2020 3:53 PM

Intriguing new photoshoot from Noah:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422October 19, 2020 3:53 PM

(Sorry for the double-post, don't know what happened there.)

by Anonymousreply 423October 19, 2020 3:57 PM

He pulls off the tortured goth look pretty well for such a himbo.

by Anonymousreply 424October 19, 2020 4:00 PM

That photo wasn't intriguing enough to post once, let alone twice, R421.

by Anonymousreply 425October 21, 2020 1:48 AM

Future twinks of America aside. They're filming again. Don't know if its the costume but Maya Hawke looks pretty rough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426October 21, 2020 3:36 PM

Maya looks like a very authentic 1980s babydyke to me. Much more so than her modern hair from last season.

by Anonymousreply 427October 21, 2020 3:43 PM

Apparently Mayas brother is also in this season (rampant nepotism but whatever). But he seems to be playing this character "Another potential ally to our heroes, “Eddie” is an 80’s metalhead who is into Metallica, but also loves D&D." Which sounds like Will's perfect Grindr matchup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428October 25, 2020 3:34 PM

So are they going to make Will gay or not. At this point they are queerbaiting his to death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429October 26, 2020 6:27 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if they don't address it at all. Though I would be pleasantly surprised if they did.

by Anonymousreply 430October 26, 2020 6:31 PM

Unless a show is specifically about male homosexuality it's likely that a show won't address it in a male lead. Lesbian's are OK but gay guys especially teens are a no no. At least that's the way it seems.

by Anonymousreply 431October 27, 2020 1:30 AM

Especially when it's a coming out story R431

by Anonymousreply 432October 27, 2020 1:54 AM

I think Will seems gayer as Noah Schnapp seems gayer IRL.

by Anonymousreply 433October 27, 2020 2:39 AM

Will seems less gay than Noah. Perhaps Noah doesn't want to play gay afraid he will get typecast. They should have picked an older actor for his part.

by Anonymousreply 434October 27, 2020 2:37 PM

Will seems less gay than Noah because Will is a severely traumatized bullied gay kid living in rural Reagan America. While Noah is a Gen-Z New York gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435October 27, 2020 5:17 PM

For a Gen-Z New York gay, Noah does a lot of drooling over women.

by Anonymousreply 436October 27, 2020 6:18 PM

Are Chloe and Noah twins? She's really cute, too.

by Anonymousreply 437October 28, 2020 6:29 AM

The only character Winona Ryder can play is Winona Ryder. It's so bad that, regardless of the plot, writing, or cast, it's still just Winona Ryder being Winona Ryder. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 438October 28, 2020 6:55 AM

Yes, they're twins, r437.

by Anonymousreply 439October 28, 2020 3:22 PM

Gaten Matarazzo is going to stream gameplay of DEAD BY DAYLIGHT with Twitch gaming star Ninja on Halloween morning!

I'd love to see how he plays.

This is surprising, because Gaten's character isn't even featured in DEAD BY DAYLIGHT — Steve Harrington, Nancy Wheeler and the Demogorgon are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440October 30, 2020 12:04 AM

Winona Ryder is a small part of this ensemble show.

by Anonymousreply 441October 30, 2020 12:20 AM

I'm now officially scared for Mike and Wills haircuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442October 30, 2020 12:55 AM

If Eddie is an '80s metalhead, why is he dressed like a punk?

by Anonymousreply 443October 30, 2020 1:07 AM

Gaten Matarazzo streaming DEAD BY DAYIGHT gameplay with Twitch star Ninja now.

🎃Happy Halloween!🎃

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444October 31, 2020 4:07 PM

Gaten is a noob to this game and he's screaming like a little girl LOL

by Anonymousreply 445October 31, 2020 4:09 PM

The stream was a shitshow. Gaten's internet could not stay connected to the game, so he had to stop playing.

He was able to join the stream and just answer fans' questions. He was very charming and funny, however. He is in Atlanta shooting Season 4 of STRANGER THINGS.

by Anonymousreply 446October 31, 2020 5:59 PM

r446 Did he answer anything interesting?

by Anonymousreply 447October 31, 2020 9:09 PM

He said he is 18 and he has a girlfriend in Utah, as that where his charity is located.

He said he is happy he doesn't have to do schoolwork on set anymore because he's an adult and he's pulling 15-hour shoot days for the first time with Season 4. He says it makes the work more creative and made his friendships with the rest of the cast closer, "like a family," etc.

You can watch a recording of the shitshow here. Lagging out enabled him to do a Q&A with fans instead of play the video game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448October 31, 2020 9:17 PM

[quote] “I’ll just say the pandemic definitely massively delayed shooting and therefore the launch of our current Season 4, date still TBD. But it impacted very positively by allowing the Duffer brothers, for the first time ever, to write the entire season before we shoot it and to have time to rewrite in a way that they rarely had before so the quality of these screenplays are exceptional, maybe better than ever.”

So in every other season they've gone into it with unfinished scripts and no rewrites?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449November 3, 2020 7:41 PM

A lot of Netflix series start shooting before all the scripts are completed.

by Anonymousreply 450November 10, 2020 3:17 AM

Sad thing for me is a year and a half ago, this was my most favorite show of all time. Now, I couldn't give one single fuck less.

by Anonymousreply 451November 10, 2020 4:06 AM

r450 I mean I wouldn't mind if they were rushing these things out. But every season has had at least a 2 year gap, and its not like the Duffers have much else going on. Actually writing ahead of time might help solve issues like half the cast having nothing to do. Or maybe stopping to think if an entire side episode on El's sister was a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 452November 10, 2020 7:19 AM

r428 Never mind Eddies being played by Mark Zuckerberg's doppelganger, least we get Mason Dye as Dacre's replacement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453November 20, 2020 7:40 PM

Robert Englund is a great addition to any cast.

by Anonymousreply 454November 20, 2020 7:46 PM

Yes, hooray for Robert Englund joining the cast.

It's been many years since he was in a quality production.

by Anonymousreply 455November 22, 2020 3:32 AM

I thought Englund was dead for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 456November 22, 2020 4:12 PM

He's alive and well, discovered the con circuit a few years ago and is quite popular now that a lot of the people who liked his films as kids/teens/young adults now have older kids of their own. Being on an 80s nostalgia heavy show like this one is perfect for him. He's in his 70s but apparently in very good shape still. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 457November 22, 2020 9:52 PM

People predicting she was going the way of Britney or Lohan were a lot more on the money than I expected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458December 1, 2020 4:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!