Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is there not a Tom Hiddleston & Laurence Spellman thread yet?

Tom Hiddleston was a guest on Nick Grimshaw’s BBC radio show in 2016. After a musical interlude of “Hold Up”, by Beyoncé, Grimshaw asked Tom if he wanted to dedicate this song to anyone. Tom dedicated it to his “friend” Larry from Ealing on his birthday. Spellman’s birthday is May sixth which is the same date of the interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 25, 2019 4:30 AM

I just checked out Mr Spellman's IMD'b page.

So, he's a glorified extra?

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2019 11:21 PM

October 25, 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 16, 2019 12:37 AM

circa 2012

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 16, 2019 12:39 AM

Wimbledon 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 16, 2019 12:42 AM

Does anyone have any thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 5July 17, 2019 11:45 AM

Wait wasn't Spellman the guy in the limo with him back in the day during the infamous "snow or cum on shoe" incident?

by Anonymousreply 6July 17, 2019 12:24 PM

They can't be together.

by Anonymousreply 7July 17, 2019 1:04 PM

R6 It was another day Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2012

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 17, 2019 1:44 PM

Yes R8. That is the same guy.

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 11:46 AM

R8 Isn't that picture photoshopped? Look at his legs.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2019 1:50 AM

R10 >>Look at his legs>> just visual distortion through the glass and flash photography. I remember this photo in other DL threads about TH. Laurence Spellman gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2019 11:44 AM

TH watched the men‘s final prominently with Cumberbatch and his wife. Then he moved to the more secluded ladies double final with Laurence. One for the show, one for the heart?

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2019 11:55 AM

May 2016 was also the time when Tom was surrounded by a bunch of Bond rumors

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2019 11:56 AM

R12 No, they came together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2019 12:53 PM

R12 Probably photographers "crop" Spellman because he is not so famous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2019 1:07 PM

There are a lot pictures of him arriving alone at Wimbledon, meeting Cumberbatch & wife later on. I wonder with whom he left though...

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2019 1:09 PM

Edit: Now I saw that the pics were cropped, sorry!

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2019 1:21 PM

May 2016 was also the time he destroyed every (already minor, basically non-existing) chance he had to even be a bit part player in a Bond movie. R13

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2019 7:37 PM

The Summer of 2016. The tank top. Good times!! Three years later it's still funny 😂

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2019 8:38 PM

He‘ll never get rid of that. I still wonder who had the idea to perform the most obvious fake stunt ever. At least they didn‘t extend the contract after three months, but the damage can‘t be undone. However, the Spellman tea is truly interesting.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2019 8:48 PM

I'd respect Tom if he'd just come out of the closet and also expose Taylor Swift for the closeted schemer she is at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2019 8:55 PM

Back in 2013 or so when Tom attended Wimbledon with a woman everyone was "sure" that they were a couple, but when he attends with Laurence Spellman, it's just two bros hanging out 🙄.

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2019 11:19 PM

Two bros hanging out ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2019 11:26 PM

Tom arrived at Wimbledon with Spellman who was walking a few steps behind him as shown in the following clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2019 11:49 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2019 12:13 AM

I still think he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2019 12:30 AM

Is that Spellman with Tom again? When is he going to ring him💍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2019 9:22 AM

Okay, I'm interested now. Does this guy just work for TH or could this actually be something on the DL?

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2019 9:28 AM

R27 NOOO, right picture - James McAvoy (clothes look like TH) and Michael Fassbender

by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2019 1:27 PM

Why not both? R28

by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2019 1:34 PM

For the love of Mary! Come out already! Seriously, nothing could top 2016. Do you think Tom's a top or bottom? Discuss...

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2019 2:54 PM

It looked like Benedict and Sophie left after Djokovic won the championship, but Tom did stay to watch the Women’s Doubles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2019 3:54 PM

This photo of two men could be the new Madden and Flynn!!

by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2019 3:59 PM

R33 I hope they will live together in their apartment in NYC, so we're waiting pap photos

by Anonymousreply 34July 20, 2019 4:30 PM

R33 Don't start

by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2019 4:34 PM

Tom's history of dating women has been sparse. Maybe, he's bisexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 20, 2019 4:50 PM

R31 Bottom. Even with TSwift he managed to look like he wanted to be the one getting fucked.

by Anonymousreply 37July 20, 2019 4:59 PM

Grimshaw and and Hiddleston undoubtedly fucked before and after the interview.

by Anonymousreply 38July 20, 2019 5:10 PM

R37 Tom seemed like a bottom even with Kat Dennings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 20, 2019 5:16 PM

R38 Don't think so. Grimshaw has always liked 'em young and musically inclined...

by Anonymousreply 40July 20, 2019 5:18 PM

R36 I think that "bisexuality" is an attempt to justify homosexuality of closeted gay; all "bisexuals" prefer gay relationships if they have a choice. Enough of this stupid lie. TH hang out with men ALWAYS. Have you ever seen him with some woman? (I mean something OUT his projects and movie's promotion) So many fraus write DL threads "my boyfriend is bisexual, and he wants to fuck men, but we plan to marry and have a family" bla bla bla Just let's be honest.

by Anonymousreply 41July 20, 2019 5:19 PM

There were rumors about him and his co-stars mostly. Kat Dennings, Lizzy Olsen,... Smells like beard PR too.

by Anonymousreply 42July 20, 2019 5:27 PM

R42 Smells like beard PR too>> Because it is.

by Anonymousreply 43July 20, 2019 5:29 PM

R41 He has only been seen with women during public events while his male companion, Spellman, in the video at R24 tries to keep a low profile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2019 5:44 PM

What is known about Spellman‘s dating history? Love that tea here.

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2019 5:47 PM

R37 My friends think this part of Taylor Swift's music video "Look what you made me do" for/about Tom: the "heart" tank top S&M style. Do you remeber this thread? Heterosexual Actor Tom Hiddleston does Very Heterosexual New Photoshoot https://www.datalounge.com/thread/17665236-heterosexual-actor-tom-hiddleston-does-very-heterosexual-new-photoshoot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2019 6:35 PM

Remember the photo shoot of Tom in the white boxers ? 😂

by Anonymousreply 47July 20, 2019 7:06 PM

When he tried to Bond-pose like Daniel Craig? But even better was the fetish shoot. Can never unsee that.

by Anonymousreply 48July 20, 2019 7:22 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 20, 2019 7:25 PM

Didn't Rupert Everett claim to have had affairs with women, including Paula Yates? He was supposedly "only" about 70% gay.

by Anonymousreply 50July 20, 2019 7:50 PM

and Béatrice Dalle, his "last heterosexual conquest"

by Anonymousreply 51July 20, 2019 7:52 PM

Friendly reminder that this is not the first time he's linked to Spellman, even way before the Swift stunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 20, 2019 8:02 PM

He dug his own hole with the Hiddleswift fauxmance. He cannot come out because the press and the public would relive every single moment of that embarrassing stunt again. Others would maybe a fuck about it and just do it but he‘s too obsessed with his career (that he almost ruined with Hiddleswift anyway).

by Anonymousreply 53July 20, 2019 8:35 PM

I think whatever Tom's gender preference in sexual partners, it's clear he's a sexual submissive.

by Anonymousreply 54July 20, 2019 8:50 PM

[R27] I know this isn't the right thread but it's funny how they've been compared. These two were "hanging out" in 2011/2013. They were photographed in a car together and one of them payed to remove those pictures from the web a while ago. It was a secuence of them leaving a sushi restaurant, I have a copy somewhere. Now if you search this, the only picture that shows is them in a car with a mature lady. Nowadays they play it off like an old bromance, mostly for promotion and almost nobody doubts their sexuallity. Rumors are rumors and everyone has a way to deal with them, but this always seemed strange to me, why pay to remove something that doesn't look compromising?

by Anonymousreply 55July 20, 2019 9:13 PM

The thread R46 tried to post:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 20, 2019 9:18 PM

After the Ironman 3 premiere (where he brought John Macmillan and there was open speculation as to his sexuality), he posted whiny quote from King Lear on twitter about "being killed for sport." Basically, people assumed he was referring to the open speculation and found it hurtful. That's about the time he went silent.

That was followed shortly thereafter by the most fascinating and shortest thread in datalounge history. It was anonymous, and the title was something like "For the record, I'm not gay." Then the OP later posted "I had to look up humble bragging." (Shortly before that there was a thread called Tom Hiddleston humblebraggs in new interview). The OP remained anonymous. People began posting guesses as to who he or she was, and then the thread went poof.

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2019 9:49 PM

R54 I want to see him in a gay version of 50 shades of grey. 50 Shades of Gay. It will his starring role and new start for his career.

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2019 10:10 PM

This stuff been around since forever I'm dying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2019 10:31 PM

R54 Confirmed by him, I don't know the source of this tho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2019 10:56 PM

Didn't he and Gwen Christie once exchange flirty Twitter messages where it was pretty clear she was topping the hell out of him sexually?

by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2019 11:02 PM

Tom Hiddleston reveals Disney+ Loki series is about an Avengers-era Loki.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 21, 2019 2:30 AM

Fans are excited about the new Loki series. I don't think his hardcore fans will care if he comes out. They already know that the Loki character is pansexual and gender fluid, based on the comics and Norse Mythology.

Robin Lord Taylor the gay actor who portrayed Penguin in Gotham is a favourite character among fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 21, 2019 3:26 AM

R43 They do have beards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 21, 2019 4:11 AM

All of his „relationships“ with women have been rumors, except for Suzannah Fielding about a decade ago and the Hiddleswift PR. I think that speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 65July 21, 2019 11:38 AM

Myspace R61 Unfortunately Tom's replies got scrubbed from the web years ago.

by Anonymousreply 66July 21, 2019 12:42 PM

Link for R66:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 21, 2019 12:43 PM

Yaaaas R21

by Anonymousreply 68July 21, 2019 1:38 PM

Datalounge was made for starting things R35.

by Anonymousreply 69July 21, 2019 3:22 PM

One of the reasons for the Hiddleswift PR disaster is the jealousy from Hiddleston's fan girls who were threatened by Tom's relationship with Taylor. I think that most of the fan girls would rather see Tom in a relationship with a man than a woman because they don't see a male love interest as competition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 21, 2019 4:26 PM

One of the reasons that made me question Tom's sexuality is the goo-goo eyes that he used to make at Chris Hemsworth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 21, 2019 4:58 PM

R71 Chris Hemsworth posted "Marvel Comic Con Panel" photos and no one pic with Tom, but they were on the one stage (and many other actors of Marvel). That hurts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 21, 2019 5:44 PM

R65 I find that it's a bit strange that Tom hasn't been in a "relationship" with a woman for over a decade while some men like Chris Pratt can't live without a woman by his side. Pratt is on his second marriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 21, 2019 6:09 PM

R70 That's not a valid reason at all! Do you think he's a kpop artist?? He's a Hollywoods bitch for fucks sake! Fans always be fans, some of them worship celebrities couples like they were them parents! Do u think his teenage girls fans will ever have a chance with him to be somehow ""threatened"" by his relationships?? Bitch please, they might feel angry or delusional but sure they gonna catch up whenever they still together or not. That's the stunt, that's how it works !!!

by Anonymousreply 74July 21, 2019 6:36 PM

R74 I agree that it was a stunt. Not all of his fans were teenagers. Some of them were grown single women who expressed anger at Tom and Taylor about their relationship at the time on social media because they were unaware that it was a PR stunt. The PR stunt ruined their fantasy that Tom was their Prince Charming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2019 7:02 PM

Does he attract lay-dee incelles?

by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2019 7:11 PM

R76 Yes, he does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2019 7:20 PM

R75 EVEN worse, grown single women who still crushes on a celebrity that's way out of their league thinking they will ever get a chance needs a psychologist ASAP. Teenage girls are somehow understandable. PR stunts are imperceptible to some and obvious to others, there's no doubt about it

by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2019 7:40 PM

I don't know if Tom is gay, but there is SOMETHING about his sexuality that he's covering up. Cumberbatch was the internet's boyfriend too for a while, but that didn't stop him from having girlfriends, allegedly hiring many expensive call girls after he first got famous, and eventually marrying and siring several children. Tom never has a significant other who is not clearly a publicity girlfriend, he's weirdly unbelievable in sex scenes, and in offscreen interviews he is almost ridiculously eager to please, like a puppy. I think he's a major sub who needs a strict master/mistress to make him truly happy. The fact that he can't find a woman to fulfill that role when strict nanny types abound in the upper classes of the UK (again, look at Cumberbatch's wife, who straightened him up proper as soon as they wed) signals to me that he doesn't want a woman at all. Or maybe he's some strange flavor of asexual and doesn't want a man, either.

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2019 7:46 PM

He also ruined it for people who don‘t care about his sexuality. That stunt was so obvious (paparazzi everywhere, posed pics, that shirt, three months contract duration) that people who took him serious as an actor started to laugh at him. And there‘s clearly something about his sexuality, no partner in a decade? I assume that he is hiding his true love (or brought him to Wimbledon).

by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2019 7:59 PM

I remember seeing a photo of Spellman walking at a distance behind Tom at a movie premiere or a publicity event a few years ago. I can't find the photo.

by Anonymousreply 81July 21, 2019 8:16 PM

After Hiddleswift I doubt that he ever attempts to beard again, so the only thing he can do is being "single" ( with Laurence or whomever in walking distance behind him) in public and hope nobody questions it.

The weird thing about Tom is that in the very beginning of his carreer he seemed more butch and his relationships with women seemed more natural and legit. All the women he was officially "dating" after his break up with Susannah Fielding were either co-stars that denied dating him or obivious showmances like Taylor Swift. Even before Hiddleswift happend people were questioning his sexuality and the rumours about his "special" relationship with Kenneth Branagh, the open fly/ semen or not semen on shoe-incident, him bringing John McMillian as his date to the iron man 3 premiere ( a movie he wasn't even starring in), him saying in an old interview that he is maybe heterosexual, him saying in an interview that he doesn't know if he's in a relationship, the name of his very first girlfriend who's privacy was always soo important to him leaking shortly after Hiddleswift happend and everyone and their mother thought that he is gay didn't help to convince people of his heterosexuality. Of course he could be straight or bi, but everything about him and his behaviour screams closet case.

by Anonymousreply 82July 21, 2019 8:26 PM

Who knows how strong his daddy issues really are. Heard that his dad is not pleased with him being an actor? He came to see Betrayal during the last days only and looked at Tom afterwards in a mixture of sadness and disgust. I could imagine that he stays in the closet also because of him. (Hope the link works, I never tried to post one)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 21, 2019 8:52 PM

R83 That's a sad photo. I notice that Tom's face looks kind of tense.

by Anonymousreply 84July 21, 2019 9:03 PM

R83 It feels so sad and disappointed, when your parents don't believe in you, don't approve of your career choice, don't support.., despite the success and big money. I can understand Tom, if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 85July 21, 2019 9:25 PM

Is this the photo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 21, 2019 9:57 PM

R86 Yep. But there's something strange with the picture in general, lots of light flares/dust/orbs/water, the same cum texture is repeated on the floor also. His fly's undone so it's a 50/50

by Anonymousreply 87July 21, 2019 10:40 PM

Mad respect to whomever this giant lad is sleeping with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 21, 2019 10:59 PM

I can't believe how some people tag this guy in the Wimbledon pics as his bodyguard or an unrelated stranger. Is this some kind of intentional denial from the press?

by Anonymousreply 89July 22, 2019 3:24 AM

R89 Not only, his stupid fans too, they just don't want to believe

by Anonymousreply 90July 22, 2019 9:23 AM

Maybe Wimbledon was an attempt to try and see what happens. There were so many couples on the stands - William and Kate, Cumberbatch and his wife, Hiddleston and... oh well. Maybe they wanted to check the media attention. BTW, I‘m still laughing that Laurence walked five steps behind him. That made it more suspicious than walking right next to each other would have been.

by Anonymousreply 91July 22, 2019 9:28 AM

R90 I know right! They even cut him off the picture, this is getting ridiculous R91 I totally second this. If Larry was his straight best friend or bro he could literally be out hugging him and posing without the fear of people misinterpreting him and not walking in the distance. His fangirls might argue that he walks behind to leave him being the spotlight. But working AGAINST the rumors? Why don't make things looks natural and not sooo awkward. This is a poor stunt. But oh well... We're so used to them by now....

by Anonymousreply 92July 22, 2019 11:15 AM

Please, when has "TS" ever been known for dating straight men?

by Anonymousreply 93July 22, 2019 12:25 PM

R93 She's a trannie change my mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 22, 2019 12:44 PM

R94 NO TS HERE PLEASE!!!! Take it elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 95July 22, 2019 1:11 PM

[quote] Back in 2013 or so when Tom attended Wimbledon with a woman everyone was "sure" that they were a couple, but when he attends with Laurence Spellman, it's just two bros hanging out 🙄.

R22, people generally assume 2 people hanging out together (male + female, male + male, 3 females together, etc - ANY combination really) are straight because - gasp! - the MAJORITY of people in this world are straight (both the observers and the observed). That’s exactly why gay people are called a minority. ‘Shocking’, I know.

According to general statistical / mathematical probability laws, the chance of 2 people hanging out together (even if they’re both male) being gay is not very high. So, when making quick assumptions, people first go with the most high-probability scenario: straight.

It’s the same if you saw 3 guys hanging out together all the time. Would you immediately assume they’re in a polyamorous, ménage-à-trois relationship? Well, they CAN be. But the statistical chances of that are not dominant, so your first assumption would be: they’re brothers or friends.

It’s the same reason why waiters in restaurants often assume that a pair (old male + younger female) are a couple. That often leads to cringe-fest embarrassment, when it turns out they’re dad & daughter. Because females in their 20s don’t usually go to restaurants with their dads alone. It’s statistically less likely.

TL;DR: People tend to make lighting-quick assumptions based on simple laws of statistical probability.

by Anonymousreply 96July 22, 2019 1:44 PM

R49, I saw Hiddleston on stage in 3 different plays over the years and I can confirm that, in my opinion, he lacks chemistry with his female co-stars. Whether that’s because he’s not straight or because they were badly paired, I don’t know.

He never pinged on stage though. Maybe my gaydar is broken...

Question: Did anyone see him in the recent, short-run Hamlet? I didn’t see that one. But I’d be curious whether he managed to portray a convincing on-stage romance with the iconic Ophelia?

by Anonymousreply 97July 22, 2019 1:57 PM

Cumberbatch's wife looks like such a sour bitch.

by Anonymousreply 98July 22, 2019 2:01 PM

He "dated" Taylor swift, need I say anymore.

by Anonymousreply 99July 22, 2019 2:01 PM

R97 He never pinged? Really? I don't understand people who say this.

by Anonymousreply 100July 22, 2019 2:49 PM

Simu Liu on twitter: „I have stared into Tom Hiddleston’s eyes and forgotten how to form sounds with my mouth.“ Well then... :-D

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 22, 2019 3:02 PM

Are you Hiddlestroll R101. I think Luke the publicist payed people to say stuff like this.

by Anonymousreply 102July 22, 2019 3:57 PM

No, I‘m not. I think the same.

by Anonymousreply 103July 22, 2019 4:25 PM

I have a lot of mutual friends with Tom and have been to a party at his house. Whoever posted that he was out on the London theatre scene is not telling the truth, but I have worked with one (male) theatre director who claims to have dated him.

The Kenneth Branagh stuff is definitely not true.

TS was certainly a PR stunt. I worked at the same festival as his mother that same summer and there was a very weird vibe. Like “don’t mention the war.” His mother is extremely ambitious for him and very savvy about the industry. She’s lovely but I would not be surprised at all if she’d knowingly gone along with PR stunts because she thought it’d help Tom’s movie career.

My 2c would be bi or bi-leaning gay, and closeted. But probably closeted out of personal psychological issues, not just career. Though he did always have a reputation for being insanely ambitious even by young British actor standards.

by Anonymousreply 104July 22, 2019 8:34 PM

Thank you! With the way his mother posed for the cameras during Hiddleswift, I always had the feeling that she did it on purpose for him, to boost his chances to play Bond maybe. And by the disgusted, disbelieving and somehow disappointing look his father gave him at the theatre, I do not wonder about his personal psychological issues. That hurt. Do you think he would ever come out, TheatreBrit?

by Anonymousreply 105July 22, 2019 9:00 PM

R101 It looks like he intimidates and overly fascinates asian type of people. He has a record doing this lmao, even the male vietnamese villagers telled him how beautiful he was when he went there to shoot the movie. I don't blame him though. Imagine being a small average looking chino and then a 6' 3" aryan brit stared at you. I would forget how to form sounds too...

by Anonymousreply 106July 22, 2019 9:50 PM

Oh fuck off, R106.

by Anonymousreply 107July 22, 2019 10:12 PM

Oh my god R104 are you one of the subjects? 'Cause I swear it wouldn't surprise me. Nothing surprise me in this site anymore

by Anonymousreply 108July 22, 2019 10:30 PM

Thank you for sharing R104. Do you have any more gossip?

by Anonymousreply 109July 22, 2019 10:37 PM

R104 Thank you! Could you clarify the director of which theatre? What's wrong with Kenneth Branagh? Why not?

by Anonymousreply 110July 22, 2019 11:05 PM

R104 is that creepy Shitana troll. Don’t fall for it. She does this every Hiddleston topic. She is not involved in theatre. She does not know his mother. And she has never ever been to his house.

by Anonymousreply 111July 23, 2019 12:48 AM

Yeah why not? How are you so sure? There's no way we can prove it or deny it unless he actually told someone and there's irrefutable proof about it. Perhaps there's a shakespearean afterglow after screwing with KB? I really wonder who started it

by Anonymousreply 112July 23, 2019 12:56 AM

And this, my friends, is why and how Tom totally miscalculated the TS stunt of pretending to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 113July 23, 2019 1:16 AM

His father looks happier at the "Thor: Raknorak" Film Premiere on October 11, 2017.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 23, 2019 1:32 AM

His career was destroyed so fast.

by Anonymousreply 115July 23, 2019 1:55 AM

If he comes out as queer, bisexual or gay, it might renew interest in his career.

Bella Thorne just came out as pansexual. She also wrote a book about her child abuse and troubled past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 23, 2019 2:10 AM

"Raknorak" oh god I laughed hard. R115 Nowadays it's on its peak levels, why would you say that? His privacy perhaps. But again, media and fans are blind to this thread topic mainly because he's covered by the hollywoods elite. Even this fucking Perez Hilton guy known for drawing dicks with ms paint on celebrities pics and accusing every breathing creature of being gay didn't say a DAMN THING and he stans TS with his soul. It's so obvious that nobody bothers to mention it?

by Anonymousreply 117July 23, 2019 2:23 AM

R72 I wonder who Tom is looking at on that crowded stage at the "Marvel Comic Con Panel"? Could it be Hemsworth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 23, 2019 3:23 AM

R31 He looked rather submissive when Hadley Fraser kissed him during the Coriolanus play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 23, 2019 4:56 AM

^ Straights act gay kisses with passion and gays act gay kisses awkwardly

by Anonymousreply 120July 23, 2019 5:18 AM

[quote] 6' 3" aryan brit

Gingers aren't Aryan. They're lower down in the pyramid.

[quote] According to Gunther, the purest Nordic regions were Scandinavia and northern Germany, particularly Norway and Sweden ... Hitler echoed this sentiment, referring to the English lower classes as "racially inferior."

Womp womp.

by Anonymousreply 121July 23, 2019 5:30 AM

A large number of Brits have Nordic blood.

by Anonymousreply 122July 23, 2019 5:45 AM

Not as much as the Germans - that's why they called Brits "inferior" ("less than").

by Anonymousreply 123July 23, 2019 5:53 AM

R121 Don't get engaged, that anon was trolling.

by Anonymousreply 124July 23, 2019 5:55 AM

His boyfriend is a pure ginger, not him. He has weak genes on the beard only, and by weak I mean lack of melanin.

by Anonymousreply 125July 23, 2019 6:04 AM

Yeah, he looked at Hemsworth who kept his distance from him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 23, 2019 6:09 AM

R124, I wasn't trolling - I was being humorous. Lighten up and don't be so grumpy.

(And of course I'm an "anon" - that's how DL works, cupcake. I'm not going to give you my social security number.)

by Anonymousreply 127July 23, 2019 6:14 AM

I notice that after Tom had broken up with Susannah Fielding in 2011, Spellman became his guest for social events as shown in the above comments at R3.

by Anonymousreply 128July 23, 2019 6:14 AM

R128 … and all this time, there's no other real girlfriend in sight.

by Anonymousreply 129July 23, 2019 6:21 AM

[quote] He looked rather submissive when Hadley Fraser kissed him during the Coriolanus play.

R119, that's because Tullus Aufidius (played by Fraser) was PURPOSEFULLY WRITTEN by Shakespeare himself as more aggressive than Coriolanus and with a bully-type, twisted SEXUAL crush on vanquishing & subduing Coriolanus, his main famous military opponent on the battle-ground and favourite "frenemy”. Aufidius (expressly) either wants to kill Coriolanus or make him his sexual bitch:

[quote] "Aufidius and Coriolanus [enemy Italian generals from different sides - Volsici vs Rome] are so obsessed with each other that the relationship often seems a little steamy. When Aufidius finds out that Coriolanus has left Rome and wants to join the Volscians, Aufidius admits that Coriolanus gets him all hot and bothered: "Know thou first, / I loved the maid I married; never man / Sigh'd truer breath. [bold]But that I see thee [,Coriolanus,] here, / Thou NOBLE THING, MORE dances MY RAPT HEART / Than when I first my wedded mistress saw / Bestride my threshold."[/bold]”

[quote] “Yep. Aufidius just compared seeing Coriolanus [join his tribe] to seeing his new BRIDE in the ancient Roman version of the honeymoon suite. After comparing Coriolanus to his bride, he goes into detail about the dreams he's had about encountering Coriolanus on the battlefield: [bold]“I have nightly since / Dreamt of encounters 'twixt thyself and me; / We have been down together in my sleep, / Unbuckling helms, FISTING each other's throat, / And waked half dead with nothing.”

[quote] “What's going on? Well, a lot of the characters in this play get all hot and bothered when they think about WARFARE. (Cominius says pretty much the same thing about being hot for both his wife and Coriolanus in Act 1, scene 6.) Plus, ancient Rome is a warrior culture that places a lot of emphasis on the bonds that men forge on the battlefield. When it comes down to it, this kind of talk is par for the course”

Notice that Aufidius didn’t talk about himself as the “bride” - he wants to be the ‘groom’ with Coriolanus as the “bride”, in that specific dynamic. Though the mutual “fisting” might mean he’s into a ‘feisty’ bride, who puts up a good fight and is a ‘challenge’ to subdue.

by Anonymousreply 130July 23, 2019 6:22 AM

R126 Ooh that's interesting. I wonder what's going on with these two.

by Anonymousreply 131July 23, 2019 6:23 AM

Oops, ignore the bold format in the last 2 paragraphs. It was meant only for the Shakespeare quote.

by Anonymousreply 132July 23, 2019 6:24 AM

*Tullius

by Anonymousreply 133July 23, 2019 6:25 AM

R131 It's also interesting how they decided to remove Tom from the Thor franchise and give Tom his own show.

by Anonymousreply 134July 23, 2019 6:33 AM

*Volsci

Then again, a lot of the 'sexual' banter that generals have against their enemies can be a somewhat sarcastic, mocking joke, intended to embarrass their opponent a bit in public, in front of all their troops watching, by comparing the opponent to a "woman" / "bride".

by Anonymousreply 135July 23, 2019 6:35 AM

Okay Tom, thanks for explaining. Next time let Tullius stick more tongue to emphasize that aggressive domination towards Coriolanus.

by Anonymousreply 136July 23, 2019 6:38 AM

Well, don't blame [italic]me[/italic], R136! Take it up with Shakespeare. I was just being [italic]artistically true[/italic] to The Great Bard's legendary text & vision and simply following the director's orders!

Though... I do seem to have a funny penchant for picking plays & films with potentially deeply repressed homosexual desire... (Coriolanus, Betrayal) ... But that's beside the point!

by Anonymousreply 137July 23, 2019 6:49 AM

I’m not Shantaina. I’ve been a regular poster here for years (I’m the poster who used to work at the Old Vic and regularly posted circa 2009 about what a perv Kevin Spacey was) and if you look at my posting history I’m a regular poster both in theatre threads and in general, and I’ve fought with the Shaintana loon several times.

Besides she’s obsessed with the idea of Tom and Kenneth Branagh being lovers, which I’ve already said is fan fiction.

by Anonymousreply 138July 23, 2019 8:20 AM

^ For whoever asked, the theatre director isn’t an AD so not attached to a particular theatre.

by Anonymousreply 139July 23, 2019 8:29 AM

[quote] what a perv Kevin Spacey was

How many workers do you gather he hit on, R138? Anyone young with a pulse - or the most handsome ones?

And did any of them ever reciprocate voluntarily? (Either because they were star-struck by Spacey or to advance their careers?)

Did he ever boost any of his protégées' careers, like e.g. Visconti did for Helmut Berger?

I'm the poster who mentioned in one of the Spacey threads that he hit on my ex (who was a doorman-slash-bouncer at one of the luxury stores on Old Bond St). My ex brushed it off (but he was surprised, because at that time most didn't know Spacey was gay / bi). Apparently, in that case at least, Spacey did not press further or insist after the rejection, but simply switched his attention to my ex's colleague at the store - who it seems was happy to oblige (because he and Spacey later left the store together). Though who knows what happened at the end, my ex was obviously not there to witness the aftermath.

by Anonymousreply 140July 23, 2019 8:41 AM

What can you tell us about Laurence Spellman R104? Or John Macmillan. Or O-t Fagbenle. Or any others gays in London theater.

by Anonymousreply 141July 23, 2019 1:41 PM

R137 you made my night, love you for that, really. Jokes aside, you made a great analysis of that play and put things in place. Usually people like to bash Tom for his acting but I don't think he's bad, he's very believable and depends whether he's comfortable or not with the team and directions. I never had the pleasure to watch him on stage though I would love to. Can you tell me more about Betrayal? Have you seen it? I had the feeling in my guts that was about repressed homosexuallity but I never thought I was actually about it. High bait for me, not gonna lie.

by Anonymousreply 142July 23, 2019 4:58 PM

There's an active KS thread, R140. I recommend you to discuss it there. And I still don't believe you R139. What kind of relationship did you had with him to make you believe that the Branagh stuff is "definitely" not true? Mutual friends only but you been in his house? If he's the type of 'bring your friends to my party' he sure is not that kind of lowpro. C'mon Shitana you're getting old. Your profile it's empty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 23, 2019 6:08 PM

I‘m not TheatreBrit but I have seen Betrayal. It was quite fascinating! There‘s this one scene (spoiler!) when Robert (Tom) and Jerry (Charlie) have dinner together. Robert knows that Jerry sleeps with his wife, but Jerry doesn‘t know that Robert knows. Robert eats melon and ham, aggressively picking up piece after piece as if he would have a dagger in his hand instead of a fork. I felt something swinging in this scene between them that was more than just anger because Jerry and his wife betrayed Robert. Tom was great, I like him more on stage than in the movies, although I have never seen a play with him before. BTW, he loves staring at people in the audience, like really staring. I sat in one of the front rows and caught his gaze twice, which was a very intense experience. Pleasurable though.

by Anonymousreply 144July 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Nobody talked about them being "lovers", the gossip about Tom and KB here was always casting couch related R138

by Anonymousreply 145July 23, 2019 7:58 PM

I don’t know Tom nor claim to, only through mutual friends as I said. I was invited to a party at his house where he invited everyone who worked on a certain project.

I’ve posted this before but my mother knew and was drinking buddies with Kenneth Branagh and Helena Bonham Carter back in the day, and Emma Thompson mentored me when I was starting out.

I bet anything the person accusing me of being Shaintana is the same crazed Eastern European troll who’s obsessed with Tom being secretly gay and KB’s “boy”, who’s been caught sockpuppeting, who constantly switches between pretending to be British and using broken English, and who becomes incredibly vicious if anyone suggests her shipper fan fiction isn’t real. Give it up darling.

by Anonymousreply 146July 23, 2019 8:08 PM

r140 - honestly Spacey aggressively hit on or harassed every single attractive youngish man who crossed his path. We were sharing our Spacey stories at the closing night party for my most recent play, and everyone had one. Certainly some took advantage of it - I worked on Inherit the Wind and he was openly sharing his dressing room with two young guys who played chorus-type roles.

I never heard about any assault allegations until recently but for years “sharing your Spacey story” has been practically the ubiquitous rehearsal bonding exercise.

by Anonymousreply 147July 23, 2019 8:13 PM

r140 - honestly Spacey aggressively hit on or harassed every single attractive youngish man who crossed his path. We were sharing our Spacey stories at the closing night party for my most recent play, and everyone had one. Certainly some took advantage of it - I worked on Inherit the Wind and he was openly sharing his dressing room with two young guys who played chorus-type roles.

I never heard about any assault allegations until recently but for years “sharing your Spacey story” has been practically the ubiquitous rehearsal bonding exercise.

by Anonymousreply 148July 23, 2019 8:13 PM

Nobody cares about Shaintana, back to the gossip please🙄.

by Anonymousreply 149July 23, 2019 8:13 PM

R145 This. Exactly. And it's true, your profile its a couple of days old, what posting history are you talking about bro? Are you delusional? Or you gonna pull the "I lost access to my older account and made this new one"? Maybe R108 is right. Are you the ginger?

by Anonymousreply 150July 23, 2019 8:37 PM

Why do we keep discussing this 7 years later 🙄 Same rumors same guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 23, 2019 9:54 PM

Yeah, I wonder what happened with Tom and Chris Hemsworth. They seem be to avoiding each other at events. Chris probably got sick of Tom's neediness and desperation for attention i.e. Taylor S. What do you all think?

by Anonymousreply 152July 23, 2019 9:58 PM

To me, the friendship always was rather one-sided with Tom clinging much more to Chris than the other way round. Take the Hiddleswift debacle and the blatant lie Tom lived back then in addition. Plus the fact that their lives are completely different with Chris having a family and being rather „physical“ and Tom being rather the intellectual type. But yeah, I think Hiddleswift changed a lot. I would also keep my distance from a friend who did a ridiculous PR stunt to boost their career.

by Anonymousreply 153July 24, 2019 8:28 AM

still cant believe he was miss swifts bitch for a while....don't think he will recover froom that nonsense...….sad

by Anonymousreply 154July 24, 2019 9:45 AM

That‘s still my most pathetic favorite of all times. How can anyone think they were for real?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 24, 2019 9:59 AM

Oh fuck off HiddlesLoon at r145/r150/half the posts in this thread.

Theatre Brit's been around for years, and has a long posting history. (You do realise to see someone's old posts you have to F&F the person then go to "ignored posters", right? You can't just click on Profile because Datalounge only brought in registered profiles a couple of weeks ago? And every time you change device or clear cookies, it clears your posting history? Idiot newb.)

According to your posting history you've never posted outside of this thread, but have posted a million posts in this thread, all ranting incoherently.

You're obviously the infamous Russian fangirl who's fixated on Hiddles and Brannagh and regularly trolls DL, CDAN and LA screeching at everyone. The stilted non-native English gives it away.

by Anonymousreply 156July 24, 2019 10:02 AM

Some of r50/Russian fangurl troll's greatest hits aka severe mental illness in action:

*BAFTA film gala I want all his fans look like her, her barbie face, her lips - everything for cumshot. I will happy if he will make Comic Cons with nice beautiful people, I tired to see ugly fat stans. Some tea about Tom's everyday life? Some information from a friend of your aunt who lives next door? Please...

*dear ugly fangurl, go back to tumblr

*the DataLounge - Gay celebrity gossip, politics and pointless bitchery - which of these words you don't understand? But also I don't like stupid haters who write batshit fantasies here from their fanfics. 'couse when someone post photos TH with some pretty woman this fangurls start to screem "he sucks, she's ugly whore". I like Tom, I think he is nice person and wish him good luck. So do you have reliable information? I mean tea from the real world, not from the head of cray cray fans. Tom Hiddleston is all smiles as he takes his dog for a stroll, after teasing Loki ‘mischief’

*yeees of course, stalkers live only in your stupid head, idioto!

*I am neighbor of Tom in London, and r146 is liar!!!

*Tom and Sir Kenneth Branagh //2017 (look happy)

*I have only best regards for Tom, but u write the same things in different topics about British actors that someone is stalker and barely speak a word of English, you are the true hater and stalker, not me. R56 Agree, and we need more good information like this

*Probably it`s the best interpretation of Pinter I`ve ever seen, really great work of director. About actors: Zawe is boring, Tom sad dramatical cuckold (best cast choice - everything for this role), Charlie Cox is my fav! very charismatic person, God bless his surname :-) very well play, I want more. But the review will be incomplete if I do not say that I love Tom Tom, you are the muse of Datalounge, love you

*So, I am going to write a few words about this play. As you know, Betrayal is one of Pinter's best-known plays. The plot of the play is rather simple, but Pinter used reverse chronology and we can observe the characters relationship retrospective. We see this love triangle, and we can't forget about this, because all three actors are always on a stage. When stage-spotlights illuminate two lovers, third sits in the background shade. I think it is director's idea to show to us that lovers always think about each over. I couldn't help feeling sad while watching it. But there are funny moments and a black humor, in fact I was feeling a real tragedy in the scene where Emma's (Zawe) child was sitting on Robert's (Tom) lap, because it is often the way that adults get lost in their personal drama, they don't think about children's feelings.It was a focal point for understanding the essence of betrayal. Very interesting approach of Jamie Lloyd’s production. Totally another view. No scandal, no screaming, no hysterical emotion, just something like «I don't give a shit, let's go play squash». Tom is very talented. His voice, hands, facial expressions, gentleman's silent cry... everything is perfect.

*If you ask why the ad is so boring and unimaginative, because it's the ad for China, where the censorship strictly controls everything, they just can't shoot «aggressive», dynamic ads, I'm sure chinese fangirls (vitamins for women, right?) will happy to see him. Tom looks lovely, and I want to remind you «Pecunia non olet». His fans support him, everything will be fine.

*R112 one boring hater, just shut up

*New gossip from London. Tom is a whore for rich men. What do you think of that?

*R117 No details, just gossip about old sugar daddy and Tom's daddy issues

*R121 Rumor has it, he is trying to find someone like Kenneth Branagh (sugar daddy with working relationships in film industry), this is the true reason why Jeff Goldblum called him "tender lover", it was advertising for all who are interested in.

*R131 Tom is too old for him, KB likes young fresh men

by Anonymousreply 157July 24, 2019 10:23 AM

More:

*R133 >>The story from his family is that it was real and he was crushed >> - I believe you, of course, but I mean... so what his mum should to say? My son is gay, and TS was his contract beard?? Oh, Jesus... of course she told official legend. She protects her son. It's not surprised. For me the main proof of Tom-gay is that Tom looks happy together with men, only with men, when we see photos "Tom with woman", he looks like sad wood log. I feel the same, I don't hate women, but I don't like physical contact with them.

*R132 I'm sure you have never worked with Tom, you're one of cray cray stans, who believe that Tom is straight saint virgin.

*R142 Why does Hiddleston inspire such fervid extremes? >> Because he is glorious, handsome, little strange, mysterious British. And no one knows why his career has stalled. We just gossip, if you have some tea, please tell us.

*R182 I think he is closer to coming out than you think. Tom and Mark Gatiss (open gay)

*R184 Agree, it's true, he is. Actually, I have a proof that Tom knows about this thread, 'cause they corrected Pinter's drama after comments in here, I've watched twice (March and May) and they made it (May version) more pacific, calm and soft, than before. I still feel Tom's talent and I still think he is a drama actor, not movie.

*Tom, talk to us, please

*R193 Let's listen to good music Don't wait, I won't be lonely, Closer closer to my life.

*R195 If you blocked him, how you can see his posts? Boring troll again... I'm calling DL admin, delete his posts please, he ia a crazy liar and haiter, who writes a bullshit when someone praises Tom, I think he is one of tumbler fangirls. Guys, ignore him please. And also... English is not first language for some of us (I know guys from Spain, Mexico, Brasis, they are in here)

*There are two kinds of DLers: aggressive idiots (they see trolles and fans everywhere) and adequate DLers (they just talk and share their opinion).

by Anonymousreply 158July 24, 2019 10:24 AM

That's hilarious R155

by Anonymousreply 159July 24, 2019 11:27 AM

[quote] Can you tell me more about Betrayal? Have you seen it? I had the feeling in my guts that was about repressed homosexuallity but I never thought I was actually about it.

F142, as with most Pinter plays, it’s a complex, nuanced play that can be interpreted in different ways. Plot-wise, it’s a love triangle, with the female cheating on her husband (Hiddleston) with his best male friend. No spoiler there, since the play’s chronological events are shown in somewhat reverse order. Like a Columbo episode, where the audience knows the ending from the start, but is waiting to understand what went so wrong in the marriage (and the love affair).

I saw the play for the first time almost a decade ago (with Kristin Scott Thomas) - and must say I enjoyed that production more. The current production has (in my opinion) a weaker, blander cast (apart from Hiddleston, who was actually spot-on emotionally, but a bit wasted on this staging, because the other 2 actors were not very belieavable as lovers and not emotionally potent enough). This is a very intimate-setting chamber play (just 3 actors in a metaphorical echo room), so without the other 2 actors finding ways to show some depth, the production just feels unbalanced. Having said that, it was still enjoyable in certain scenes. I think if they had paired Hiddleston with some fine nuanced actress like Scott Thomas (back in her mature prime), this production would have had a bigger emotional punch. The actress who played the role here was just a bit too young for such a retrospectively psychological role.

As for the connection between Hiddleston’s character and his best male friend, well Robert (Hiddleston) does say to his wife upon finding out about her affair: something like “I knew him before you and I liked him more than you. Maybe *I* should have had an affair with him instead”. It’s played up for laughs, but there’s a kernel of truth in it. Because the 2 men seem to have always had a closer connection. That’s why Hiddleston’s character is so hurt by the Betrayal - it’s a double-betrayal. Though Robert engages in some duplicitous things himself, as well.

by Anonymousreply 160July 24, 2019 11:54 AM

*R142, that is

by Anonymousreply 161July 24, 2019 11:55 AM

R152 Tom is jealous, Chris keeps his distance, because he is smart enough to take care of his career. Hemsworth doesn't give rise to rumours, his professional behaviour and personal reputation are perfect. We'll never know what really happened to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 24, 2019 2:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 24, 2019 3:56 PM

Larry was also his date during a theatre press night last October.

by Anonymousreply 164July 24, 2019 7:56 PM

R152 Rumour has it according to the link below that Chris Hemsworth’s been making a bunch of passive aggressive remarks regarding Tom, up until Hemsworth said flat out that he doesn’t know if he wants Loki back in his movies. Hemsworth probably wanted to get revenge on Tom for stealing his spotlight, and Taika Waititi helped him do that.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/new-movies/avengers-stars-reveal-one-big-downside-to-the-job/news-story/0475429598ead4f0e3f4bfbce27c6cd6

I read somewhere that Taika Waititi said that the Loki character is redundant and useless. There was a Youtube video where Taika made fun of Loki before it was removed.

I think that Taika didn't get along with Tom. Hemsworth never made any negative comments about Tom until he started working with Taika.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 24, 2019 8:27 PM

Tom can't keep his hands off Spellman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 24, 2019 9:40 PM

Tom and Spellman in The Changeling (2006)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 24, 2019 10:07 PM

Well to be fair, Taika isn't wrong about Loki. R165 And his Thor movie was actual fun whereas the other two were bad, even for superhero films.

by Anonymousreply 168July 24, 2019 11:23 PM

Loki shot his wad in the first Avengers movie. There wasn't much to do with him after that.

by Anonymousreply 169July 25, 2019 11:46 AM

There seems to be a lot of bad feelings between Tom and Hemsworth/Taika. Hemsworth and Taika were trying to ignore Tom while Tom was staring at them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 25, 2019 11:11 PM

Taika Waititi trolling Hiddleston backstage at the "Marvel Comic Con Panel"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 26, 2019 3:40 PM

Benedict and Tom Hiddleston waiting backstage during the Marvel phase 4 announcements

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 26, 2019 3:52 PM

Why doesn't he have other projects? Just 38 y.o... Cumberbatch (43) and his schedule is full. The blacklist or his reputation is shit?

by Anonymousreply 173July 26, 2019 8:03 PM

He should concentrate on being a character actor. He has no chemistry as a leading straight man.

by Anonymousreply 174July 26, 2019 8:07 PM

R174 He can get different roles as a secondary role man. I don't see a problem at all. But he doesn't do that. Why??

by Anonymousreply 175July 26, 2019 8:18 PM

Maybe he doesn't care? He doesn't seem to be pursuing a movie career anymore at all. Maybe he's perfectly happy to stay home with his dog and his new country house and do the odd play here and there.

by Anonymousreply 176July 26, 2019 8:23 PM

R176 What about "a reputation for being insanely ambitious"?

by Anonymousreply 177July 26, 2019 8:31 PM

He's a good actor, but lacks that leading man quality. I think the Swift PR disaster was meant to make it happen. He's probably going to stick with theater and supporting rolls. Nothing wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 178July 26, 2019 8:32 PM

R173, R175 He should hire Cumberbatch's agent and stick to supporting roles.

by Anonymousreply 179July 26, 2019 8:36 PM

R175 Maybe because he has a reputation for being too insanely ambitious.

by Anonymousreply 180July 26, 2019 8:41 PM

R130 It sounds like Shakespeare was into writing slash fiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 26, 2019 10:09 PM

Spellman looked more feminine when he was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 26, 2019 10:22 PM

Spellman pings.

by Anonymousreply 183July 26, 2019 11:13 PM

Hiddleston reads as gay in everything I've ever seen him in.

by Anonymousreply 184July 26, 2019 11:54 PM

At 0:55 in the clip below, Hiddleston seems to have more chemistry kissing a man than he does kissing a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185July 27, 2019 12:47 AM

[quote] At 0:55 in the clip below, Hiddleston seems to have more chemistry kissing a man than he does kissing a woman.

R185, that woman was actress Billie Piper. I don't mean to offend Piper (she seems like an ok person) - but I think even many straight men in Hiddleston's role would prefer to kiss the actor Hadley Fraser than her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 27, 2019 5:28 AM

^Oh, forgot to clarify that Piper played Hiddleston's wife, Virgilia, in that production of Coriolanus.

by Anonymousreply 187July 27, 2019 5:32 AM

Virgilia was played by Danish actress Birgitte Hjort Sørensen. I don’t think Hiddleston has ever worked with Billie Piper.

by Anonymousreply 188July 27, 2019 7:37 PM

Tom has probably never listened to Hold Up and probably has no idea of the lyrics. He saw an opportunity to call out his friend on his birthday, that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 189July 27, 2019 7:41 PM

R189 Okay, Sherlock, the case is closed. *sarcasm*

by Anonymousreply 190July 27, 2019 7:59 PM

Here's the link to his BBC Radio interview in 2016. His birthday wish to Larry starts at around 9:40. He also added, "I love you, man" in his birthday wish.

https://soundcloud.com/daisyjj/tom-hiddleston-on-the-bbc-radio-1-breakfast-show-with-nick-grimshaw-may-6-2016

by Anonymousreply 191July 28, 2019 3:32 AM

^^^

https://soundcloud.com/daisyjj/tom-hiddleston-on-the-bbc-radio-1-breakfast-show-with-nick-grimshaw-may-6-2016

by Anonymousreply 192July 28, 2019 3:37 AM

^^^ In the link, you have to remove 1 hyphen after 'daisyjj' and in between 'radio' and after 'nick'. You also have to remove any spaces.

by Anonymousreply 193July 28, 2019 3:52 AM

I started watching Night Manager and he had zero chemistry with his supposed love interest. No idea how he got that Golden Globe for the role.

by Anonymousreply 194July 28, 2019 12:53 PM

Thanks for the correction, R188. That play was a while ago and my memory mixed up Piper with Sørensen, as both dye their hair a similar colour and have huge smiles.

Sørensen:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195July 28, 2019 3:43 PM

Piper:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 28, 2019 3:45 PM

Neither Cumberbatch nor Hiddleston have the charisma for A-list leading men in films, althoug it's obvious both hoped to end up as such. That said, both are decent, well-trained actors capable of giving interesting performances in the right vehicles. Cumberbatch got lucky with Sherlock, Hiddleston with Loki. I've liked and disliked both men in different productions. My best guess re Hiddleston is he's gay and doesn't want to be and will only come out some time in middle age when he's not trying to be a romantic hero any longer.

My best guess re Cumberbatch is he's straight or possibly bi-straight leaning, but either way, he shares Hiddleston's lack of sexual chemistry with women on film and onstage. You don't have to be gay to be unable to "do sex" as an actor. Some actors just can't, whilst others just sizzle onscreen. Hence, the asexual Sherlock was perfect for one, and the mischievous, fluid, amoral Loki for the other.

Hiddleston has the extra burden of hiding. His choice.

Full disclosure: I will be in New York in September and have tickets for "Betrayal", going with a friend who caught the Daniel Craig/Rachel Weisz/Rafe Spall revival on Broadway a few years ago.

Naturally, if the thread or another on the topic is still open, I will provide a full report, including my friend's comparison of Craig and Hiddleston as Robert.

by Anonymousreply 197July 28, 2019 4:02 PM

Thorki Fan Art

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 28, 2019 5:14 PM

R198 Is it a branch of Tumblr?! NO.

by Anonymousreply 199July 28, 2019 5:43 PM

I also think that he‘s hiding, I just don‘t fully understand why. Opinions?

by Anonymousreply 200July 28, 2019 6:03 PM

He's desperate for attention and approval. Coming out would probably loose him quite a few of his Frau followers. Maybe he'd rather live a lie than risk loosing his source of validation. I mean, the summer of 2016 ?? "Look at me, I'm straight. I love pussy. Really. Love it. Yum. Now make me James Bond". How's that working for you, Tom?

by Anonymousreply 201July 28, 2019 8:01 PM

I think that coming out could limit his career options, restricting the number of roles that would be offered to him.

When Kevin Spacey was living in the closet, he was in high demand as an actor. Compare Spacey's career to that of openly gay actors like Zach Quinto, Matt Bomer and Ben Whishaw.

by Anonymousreply 202July 28, 2019 8:26 PM

Spacey is a far better actor than Bomer or Quinto, R202. Spacey would have a better career than Bomer even if he came out as bi / gay. Just like Sir Ian McKellen has a better career than Bomer, even though McKellen is out and pushing 80.

[quote] When Kevin Spacey was living in the closet, he was in high demand as an actor.

You mean now that he's been accused of being a "child rapist" (including a shakedown by a bizarre female TV news anchor), he's not "in high demand" anymore? Gee whiz, whodda thunk!

Btw, even during his closet period, Spacey was never a 'romantic leading man'. He played mostly complex anti-heroes, not A-list romantic leads in blockbusters.

by Anonymousreply 203July 28, 2019 9:28 PM

Here's a clip of Tom with John MacMillan at the Iron Man 3 Premiere on 4/24/13. I notice that the blonde fan boy was acting nervous around him and Tom gave him an odd look at 2:07 when they pose for a picture. He also gave another fan boy an odd look at 1:47 when they pose for the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 28, 2019 10:34 PM

[quote] BTW, he loves staring at people in the audience, like really staring. I sat in one of the front rows and caught his gaze twice, which was a very intense experience. Pleasurable though.

R144, how interesting, that was my experience as well. Saw the play and was caught off guard by the fact that he makes VERY direct, intense eye-contact with audience members in the stalls (a look as if he recognises you from somewhere). Twice with me as well. It's a bit unnerving at first, but a fun, engaging stage technique I guess.

It's not part of the original play and he didn't do it in Coriolanus.

by Anonymousreply 205July 28, 2019 11:33 PM

R203 - Fair points. In fact, Whishaw is also a far better actor in my view than either BC or TH, but Whishaw is also not leading man material - not because he's out, but because he's frail and anaemic looking,. Rupert Everett on the other hand was tall, dark, and handsome and whilst not skyrocketing across the heavens of Leading Man Filmdom, still lost a lot of traction once he came out.

My guess is, Hiddleston looks at actors like Everett and Whishaw and internally thinks, "Not for me, thanks." I believe he wants a more diverse career than Whishaw and Everett got, and he doesn't believe he can have that if he's out.

And I'm not certain he isn't right. Increasing social acceptance of homosexuality doesn't translate into box office willingness to suspend belief when it comes to a known gay actor making torrid love to a woman onscreen. He's just not going to get those roles.

Actors like Grant got away with it because they weren't required to convey anything more than suggestion. The scene with Grant and Bergman in "Notorious" in her kitchen while the chicken in the over burns [sic] as the camera circles around the couple engaging in verbal and physical foreplay is one of the most erotic in cinema. Grant didn't have to rip her clothes off and smother her with kisses. Nor did he have to do that in that outrageously sexually flitatious scene at the end of "The Awful Truth" in the rustic cabin.

But today - I don't know. Those days are gone. Can you imagine BC or TH pulling off that scene in "Tom Jones" with Finney and Joyce Redman at the inn as they devour each other with their eyes as they devour dinner?

So I'm not sure Hiddleston isn't right about what he's seeing in the industry, and he's terrified of putting himself in a smaller corner.

by Anonymousreply 206July 28, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote] Rupert Everett on the other hand was tall, dark, and handsome and whilst not skyrocketing across the heavens of Leading Man Filmdom, still lost a lot of traction once he came out.

I used to go to the same gym as Everett. He was indeed “tall and dark” - but he was never classically, breathtakingly “handsome”. He was dorky, gangly, with an inverted-triangle head & big forehead. They had to style the heck out of him to make him look presentable.

Here’s a photo of a young Colin Firth and a young Everett together. Quick question: which one of these 2 young men would you bet will become a romantic lead and which one will be the eccentric best friend? It’s pretty obvious.

[quote] Actors like Grant got away with it because they weren't required to convey anything more than suggestion.

Everett never looked as good as Grant naturally looked. Both decent actors. But Grant was born to play romantic leads. Everett - not so much. Hiddleston - maybe (with good lighting). Grant also has a natural, disarming warmth that both Everett & Hiddleston lack.

Of course one can point at Cabbagebatch. I haven’t watched almost anything with him (precisely because I find him too alien-looking), so I can’t comment. Maybe he compensates with overpowering magnetism.

Hiddleston is no Henry Cavill or Jude Law (easy-on-the-eye, natural leading men), but he’s stil closer to the classical ideal than Everett or Whishaw. So I’m not sure why he should worry about their trajectory - they’re not even in the same actors’ [italic]’amplua’[/italic] category.

As for chemistry, some actors are just naturally talented at it. And some are not. Harrison Ford and Sean Young reportedly really didn't like each other - but they still successfully acted out a very steamy scene in Blade Runner together.

[quote] [Hiddleston’s] terrified of putting himself in a smaller corner.

He’s already in a small corner. He’s doing a critically respected, but internationally obscure West End play. What projects does he have lined up? He has virtually no risk at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 29, 2019 12:51 AM

That‘s very interesting! I think there are many reasons why he doesn‘t come out. He‘s afraid that he would limit his career options, probably also because he still has an eye on playing Bond. Plus his daddy issues - daddy still doesn‘t understand why he became an actor and apparently doesn‘t support him. He would also declare Hiddleswift as a big lie (and himself as a liar) when coming out. He was too much trained to be a gentleman to do that to her. The first thing people and press would do after a coming out is to remember every detail of their fauxmance and he wants nothing more than to be done with that. Last not least, he can live his love life without coming out, see Wimbledon. He can surround himself with „friends“ and nobody cares. But I think that the pressure might get too high one day. I wouldn‘t wonder if hiding would be too much for him at some point in time. He‘s too sensitive for living a double life for decades in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 208July 29, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote] probably also because he still has an eye on playing Bond

He will never be Bond. I'm sure even he understands that. He did seem to be over-shooting before (like auditioning for the role of Thor - even though he's obviously not built for that Scandinavian / Norse God role). But he seems to be more realistic now.

He was excited about Bond because Hiddleston is also of Scottish ethnicity. (And most Scots love that fictional character and would do anything to play him - it's a matter of ethnic pride.) But, like many Scots, he's aging very fast. Even if he looked like Brad Pitt and that PR fiasco didn't happen, his expedited aging process alone would rule him out of contention for the lead role in a multi-year franchise.

by Anonymousreply 209July 29, 2019 3:10 AM

He might still have a glimmer of hope to become Bond. He also thought that Hiddleswift is a good idea, so he‘s probably lacking a sense of reality at least every now and then. As soon as the real new Bond is announced, the game is over, but he might be in a process of denying the truth until then. Remember that he‘s also copying Craig with the role in Betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 210July 29, 2019 6:49 AM

No chance he will play Bond. The producer came right out and said he wasn't masculine enough.

by Anonymousreply 211July 29, 2019 6:52 AM

Yes, I feel the same but he himself might still have hope. Like „It‘s only over when it‘s over.“ If he tried to prove his masculinity by dating TS, he failed miserably though...

by Anonymousreply 212July 29, 2019 8:57 AM

Oh I don't agree r194, I thought he and Hugh Laurie had amazing chemistry. You could easily imagine the brutal hate fucks they had. ;p

by Anonymousreply 213July 29, 2019 9:13 AM

R212 Not saying he'd be a bad Bond but even if they were to choose someone who is not hyper-masculine, they wouldn't go for Tom anymore. There are way more relevant and talented actors on the rise who would beat him for the role in a heartbeat. His best shot at 007 died in 2016 with the TS bullshit...

by Anonymousreply 214July 29, 2019 9:16 AM

Swift is estimated to be worth north of $300 million. I repeat: $300+ MILLION. That’s more than Hiddleston will make in 10 lifetimes.

It’s funny how regular onlookers always think Hiddleswift was just about “proving masculinity” or even Bond. To be in Swift’s close circle of amigos (where she can finance your projects, etc) is the ultimate financial wet-dream for anyone who earns less than $30 million per year.

We have this over-familiarity with celebs, where we look at e.g. Clooney and think he’s just a regular top celeb. No, he sold his company stake for 1/3 of a BILLION dollars. That’s why even the British Royal Family (multi-millionaires) are kissing his feet and green-lighting his invites to events. Clooney is legendary rich as Minas, as is Swift.

The money in these circles is jaw-dropping and mouth-watering. Hiddleston put on that shirt not just for any random celeb - but for one of the richest people in the world. And many would too. I’ve seen Warren Buffett conferences - everyone slobbers all over him. The only reason - because they think he can make them stratospherically rich too.

by Anonymousreply 215July 29, 2019 9:32 AM

If James McAvoy were a tiny bit taller, he'd be an excellent Bond. No problem with his heterosexual creds. He's aging fast too, though, so he'd have to get the role right now.

by Anonymousreply 216July 29, 2019 12:54 PM

McAvoy is an excellent actor (saw him in Macbeth). But he's a bit naturally goofy. Hiddleston is naturally goofy as well.

As they re-wrote Bond from camp sophisticate into a mercenary brute - they need to find someone who's not publicly associated with funny, comedic roles in the past where they played wimps or funny villains.

McAvoy played a somewhat wimpy spy in Wanted and then played a lot of psycho villains. Hiddleston played a wimpy, duplicitous villain in Marvel's franchise.

They need an actor who doesn't have that associative baggage. Craig (even though I'm no fan of such an overly knuckle-head Bond) was in a way perfect because he was almost an unknown before - clean canvas to paint a character. Few previous associations hanging over Craig.

by Anonymousreply 217July 29, 2019 1:20 PM

Wait did the other TH thread get deleted?

by Anonymousreply 218July 31, 2019 1:46 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 219August 24, 2019 10:46 PM

poor tommy, hiis career done since he messed round with pussy/swift

by Anonymousreply 220August 25, 2019 4:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!