Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Kevin Spacey Comeback Has Begun

[QUOTE]”He’s not embarrassed or ashamed and he thinks a lot of people, including Hollywood friends, owe him an apology,” the source confessed. “Kevin expects he will be starring in movies again in the next few years. He plans to be back bigger than ever.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230August 13, 2019 3:09 AM

He’s OVAH!

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 3:59 AM

He committed the biggest sin you could do in Hollywood: Aged.

He is old. Hollywood has no use for him.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 4:05 AM

HOUSE OF CARDS was a strange cultural phenomenon. One minute, everyone in the country was watching it and singing his praises (even if the real star of Season 1 was Corey Stoll, IMHO).

The next minute, no one was talking about it I soldiered on through Season 2 and part of the next until I realized it was never, ever going to be that good again. And then the "allegations," and Spacey got fired from the show.

All to say that it's been a while since Spacey made a dent in the cultural landscape. He's a gifted actor, but largely forgotten.

Apparently, no one has told him that yet.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 4:06 AM

White, WASP Spacey has the privilege of rehabilitation and acceptance back into the fold no matter his legal issues or appalling sleezy behavior.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 4:09 AM

[quote] The Kevin Spacey Comeback Has Begun

We knew this day would arrive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 4:10 AM

He can play the bad guy in a superhero franchise

He can voice a popular character in an animation franchise

Etcetera

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 4:12 AM

I don't doubt he needs to work.

His "legal fees" must be astounding.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 4:14 AM

I wonder if her cornered Corey Stoll in his trailer... Corey is the type of guy that would be scared and allow a perv like Spacey to have his way with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 4:15 AM

He could play a villain in The Eternals.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2019 4:15 AM

I'd love Kevin to have his way with me.

Alas I'm too old for his liking.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2019 4:18 AM

Handy Kevvy is fucking gross.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2019 4:18 AM

This is Kevin Spacey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2019 4:19 AM

Everyone managed just fine without him.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2019 4:23 AM

Has he forgotten that he lied up about being gay until he was old and was forced out?

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2019 5:13 AM

I don’t believe those ugly gay rumors.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2019 6:19 AM

I'll forgive everything, except for this. I'll never get back the time I wasted on this terrible film, and for that Kevin, I'm still salty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2019 6:30 AM

House of Cards always sucked. I couldn’t get passed like Ep. 7 or 8. Really hit a wall with it. And Corey Stoll was completely miscast, which was part of the problem. He couldn’t carry that storyline credibly.

Spacey will have a difficult return primarily because nobody in the industry ever liked him. His work was re-filmed on a major motion picture! Good luck coming back from that, Kev. Nobody wants a groper on set. Especially an unrepentant one. It’s not required.

He should remain in absentia.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2019 6:43 AM

Spacey was certainly not as good as the original F. U.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2019 7:20 AM

Spacey was certainly not as good as the original F. U

Agreed but he was still good on his own terms. However Robin Wright was SO tiresome she dragged the whole show down. Her subplots kept bringing the show to a dead stop.

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2019 7:27 AM

R2 He is a great actor and does not depend on good looks. Most straight people admitted he was a great actor when he got into trouble. If the charges are dropped, they will welcome him back.

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2019 7:29 AM

His career is forever tainted by the sexual assault allegations, even though they were dropped (although more could arise).

And he also came out in a bad way, after years of lying, and only did so under duress.

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2019 7:31 AM

House of Cards was always shit as it is impossible to remake perfection. And Ian Richardson in the original was fucking breathtaking.

And it was written for the English Parliamentary system, the American did not work for the 3 season original

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2019 7:39 AM

I agree, R22.

Although he becomes Prime Minister, not King.

The King is played in Season 2 by Michael Kitchen (Foyle's War).

by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2019 7:42 AM

R23 Oh shit thats right, sorry has been decades.

Meet Andrew Davies, the writer. Cool as hell, was right after Mother Love and he wearied of me pumping him for Diana Rigg stories

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2019 7:47 AM

The two great Prime Ministers of England.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2019 8:40 AM

[Quote] He can play the bad guy in a superhero franchise

Once was enough.

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2019 9:40 AM

No superhero franchise will have him, not for a few years at least. "House of Cards" really was big for a brief while but the 2016 election killed it at a time when it was already running out of steam. He's older, looks kind of freakish, acted strangely in that video defense of himself, and everyone knows he's a groper.

Don't think the comeback is gonna play out the way he expects.

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2019 10:02 AM

I am guessing theater in London is his only future. Charges may have been dropped in one case, but Twitter has already litigated every other charge and found him guilty

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2019 10:04 AM

There is something oddly sexy about Kevin Spacey in House of Cards. He's not usually my type though.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2019 10:58 AM

[QUOTE]Has he forgotten that he lied up about being gay until he was old and was forced out?

When did he lie about being gay?

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2019 1:31 PM

[quote]He committed the biggest sin you could do in Hollywood: Aged.

He was never a pretty boy so it doesn't matter if he's aged. Just like with Kathy Bates. If you're famous for your acting instead of just your looks you can work well into old age.

I look forward to seeing him in new projects. I've never seen him give a bad performance.

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2019 1:40 PM

Samuel L. Jackson is 70 and still remains the most omnipresent force in Hollywood today.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2019 1:44 PM

He is a creep but he is a fantastic actor too, and the truth is HW forgave actors who did even worse

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2019 1:53 PM

[quote] Samuel L. Jackson is 70 and still remains the most omnipresent force in Hollywood today.

Either him or Laurence Fishburne. Nobody can tell them apart so they get double mileage.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2019 2:01 PM

Stoll was too old for Spacey's tastes.

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2019 2:13 PM

[QUOTE]Either him or Laurence Fishburne. Nobody can tell them apart so they get double mileage.

I don’t think Fishburne can hold a candle to Samuel L. Jackson. Or any other actor for that matter. And they’re nothing alike.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2019 3:11 PM

He just signed on for K-PAX 2. Winning!

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2019 3:36 PM

R30 = Diane

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2019 3:40 PM

Let him return to scurrying through the back streets of London, or perhaps Morocco. He is not welcome here.

There's no shortage of actors.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2019 4:08 PM

Does he really think everyone owes him an apology???

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2019 4:13 PM

After that video he released, yeah, I think he truly does believe he's owed apologies and big bags of money.

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2019 4:17 PM

[quote]Let him return to scurrying through the back streets of London, or perhaps Morocco.

Now that he's openly gay, he won't have to slink around.

[quote]He is not welcome here.

Where is "here" and who elected you mayor?

[quote]There's no shortage of actors.

Oh but there is a shortage of actors who can actually act, have worldwide name recognition, have starred in many hit movies and TV series, and have two Oscars on their mantle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2019 4:20 PM

[quote]No superhero franchise will have him, not for a few years at least

A few years? In a few years, Spacey will be nearing 70. It’s over for him. No one will want to work with him. And no one is going to apologize to him, either.

Of course, there’s still an investigation going on in London re all the allegations over there. He ain’t outta the woods yet., not by a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2019 4:32 PM

Maybe he'll make a comeback as the guy they bring in to play the creepy old uncles, gropey little league coaches, roles like that.

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2019 4:44 PM

[quote]but there is a shortage of actors who ... have worldwide name recognition

He's recognized for unsavory things now, tho.

Hollywood always knew these stories about Spacey, but looked the other way. Now that EVERYONE knows, they can't be associated any more.

Move it along, toots.

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2019 4:46 PM

At best, he'll be the gramps at the beginning of the movie telling a story to his grandkid before the flashback starts.

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2019 4:50 PM

Look, he won't be allowed NEAR anyone underage. That's a given.

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2019 4:54 PM

There is a completed film with Kevin Spacey as Gore Vidal, and the brilliant actor Michael Stuhlbarg as his companion and manager, Howard Austen, which I would love to see. If there is a comeback, perhaps this would be a good start as I imagine it is very good, although there is probably some lusting after young men in the plot as Gore was wont to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2019 5:02 PM

I was looking forward to that movie, R48. Disappointed when they shelved it.

R45 Most people have short memories. They don't give a fuck if Spacey stuck his hands down another man's pants or hit on some guys on the crew. He never raped anyone. Even that pale ugly fuck Rapp admitted nothing happened. Conservative sites were supporting Spacey during that pathetic Unhruh shakedown so, if conservatives are willing to shrug their shoulders over Kevin's antics, many so-called liberals ought to be able to as well.

by Anonymousreply 49July 23, 2019 5:11 PM

Who the hell would even watch a film about Gore Vidal nowadays, Spacey involvement aside? Maybe a small number of Boomers. Nobody else would care.

by Anonymousreply 50July 23, 2019 5:28 PM

R50 Stick to your Transformers sequels then, dear. Those might be more your speed.

I'd watch a movie about Gore Vidal (because of Kevin Spacey) the same way I'll watch that movie about Judy Garland (because of Renee Zellweger). Some of us enjoy biopics and learning about the past.

Perhaps you've heard of a little movie about the Titanic. Quite a few people were interested in seeing that too.

by Anonymousreply 51July 23, 2019 5:34 PM

He'll be back and bigger than ever... as big as Older4Me performers can get.

by Anonymousreply 52July 23, 2019 5:36 PM

He was very arrogant and difficult to work with. He is talented but not very well liked. But I agree he has a future as a villain.

by Anonymousreply 53July 23, 2019 5:43 PM

Nope. Nobody even knows who the hell Vidal was, if anyone under 60 thinks of him at all, it's because they were reading something about JFK. His novels are forgotten, for good reason, they're boring.

by Anonymousreply 54July 23, 2019 5:47 PM

[quote]Nobody even knows who the hell Vidal was, if anyone under 60 thinks of him at all

I know who Gore Vidal was and I'm under 60. Then again I'm not a dumb fuck much less brag about it like you.

by Anonymousreply 55July 23, 2019 5:56 PM

Gore Vidal's most famous gay novel has two different endings: one where the gay man killed the straight man he wanted, and the other has the gay man raping the straight man he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 56July 23, 2019 5:58 PM

Good, I'll do whatever it takes to help with that comeback. One of the world's greatest actors and I still haven't heard anything about him that I find particularly disgusting. Sick of Celebrity Gay Panic. Team Kevin!

by Anonymousreply 57July 23, 2019 6:01 PM

Good to have you with us on DL, Dianne (R57)

by Anonymousreply 58July 23, 2019 6:06 PM

[quote]I choose now to live as a gay man

Why did he word his coming out like it was a choice of lifestyle? I hate him for this.

by Anonymousreply 59July 23, 2019 6:06 PM

[quote]r49 Even that pale ugly fuck Rapp admitted nothing happened.

Only because the child wriggled away to freedom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 23, 2019 6:07 PM

He's a great actor but I don't really want to see him come back after this. I believe it's true and that he has a pattern of sexual harassment or assault (unlike other allegations where I feel like I have no idea if they are true, or suspect they're exaggerated or made up). It's been the same consistent gossip for decades. I'm not demanding that he MUST be shunned without proof, but I personally don't want to watch anything new he's cast in.

by Anonymousreply 61July 23, 2019 6:09 PM

He came out for deflection only.

Asshole.

He deserves a nice grease fire right in the kitchen he stands in in that Let Me Be Frank video.

by Anonymousreply 62July 23, 2019 6:10 PM

"He would've RAPED me! (Or maybe just fallen asleep)."

by Anonymousreply 63July 23, 2019 6:13 PM

Rapp is a scoundrel who ruined the final season of House of Cards. Spacey should sue him for defamation.

by Anonymousreply 64July 23, 2019 6:17 PM

Spacey is a sociopath. Not a type of person that should be rewarded.

by Anonymousreply 65July 23, 2019 6:21 PM

[QUOTE]Spacey is a sociopath.

And this opinion is based on what?

by Anonymousreply 66July 23, 2019 6:23 PM

If they make a Family Guy movie he could play Mr. Herbert..and he'd make a terrific Jerry Sandusky if "Penn State" the movie gets green lit.

by Anonymousreply 67July 23, 2019 6:27 PM

Rapp was bragging about the encounter with Spacey for years at dinner parties and whatnot. It was only when the #MeToo movement kicked in that he decided to cash in and pretend to have been bothered by it.

by Anonymousreply 68July 23, 2019 6:30 PM

R68 Proof?

by Anonymousreply 69July 23, 2019 6:32 PM

I was at an event where Rapp was bragging about it. My friend was quite bored with it all, saying he'd heard it all before. Others have said the same thing.

If you're in the New York theater circle, why don't you ask around?

by Anonymousreply 70July 23, 2019 6:36 PM

He’s done. He fingered a 14 year old boy. No one will hire a child molester.

by Anonymousreply 71July 23, 2019 6:44 PM

From where does this grotesque accusation come, R71? I never heard about it.

by Anonymousreply 72July 23, 2019 6:47 PM

R70 Your tone seems very pointed, may I ask why a gay man would be an apologist for a closet case who has a known history of inappropriate behavior towards men of all ages?

by Anonymousreply 73July 23, 2019 6:47 PM

R53: That's exactly why he was thrown under the bus.

Yes, he is a great actor but he is not box office gold and he is not that liked in the industry. With more friends i doubt the treatment would be the same. Others with bigger crimes had a lot of people defended them, but Spacey was dropped like a hot potato which makes me believe a lot of people were waiting for that moment

by Anonymousreply 74July 23, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote]He fingered a 14 year old boy.

Who? Anthony Rapp never claimed that.

[quote]No one will hire a child molester.

Ignoring the fact that they do (Victor Salva anyone?), they also give them Oscars and standing ovations (Roman Polanski).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 23, 2019 6:49 PM

R70: That's not true and you know it. Rapp even tried to tell the story almost 20 years ago, and the magazine chicken out and didn't publish it.

He is the less known actor in the story and he was bashed for telling the truth, something that even Spacey admitted (or at least didn't deny)

by Anonymousreply 76July 23, 2019 6:49 PM

There is simply no NEED for Mr. Spacey at this point. I'd say he's become an albatross around the industry's neck, but they've dumped him already.

So, he's a distant relative, off somewhere else.

He should retire to Europe, where they're more forgiving of debauchery.

by Anonymousreply 77July 23, 2019 7:03 PM

R77 Stop making this about moral purity. If Hollywood thinks they can cash in on Spacey, they would do so in the same way they do Charlie Sheen, Sean Penn, Robert Downey Jr, Polanski, who got away whose streak of bad behavior happened before the rise of social media and 24/7 news coverage. At least Spacey is likely to be exonerated on all criminal charges. Sure, there is the stain of impropriety but no one really gives a shit because the general public already accepts that celebrities are already entitled.

by Anonymousreply 78July 23, 2019 7:11 PM

[quote]r78 If Hollywood thinks they can cash in on Spacey, they would do so in the same way ... [as] Polanski, whose streak of bad behavior happened before the rise of social media and 24/7 news coverage.

Since his scandal, Polanski has never been hired in America again.

by Anonymousreply 79July 23, 2019 7:16 PM

R77 They can hire him for a new version of Death in Venice, it would be great stunt casting.

by Anonymousreply 80July 23, 2019 7:46 PM

People just don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 81July 23, 2019 8:39 PM

He should have hired hookers and paid extra to manhandle them.

Going after fellow workers who're just trying to do their job (not to mention the general public) was a recipe for disaster.

Why this needs to be explained is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 82July 23, 2019 8:50 PM

I think this goes beyond the abuse. Spacey seems to treat like shit everybody below him, and that's never a good idea. A lot of A list actors do that, and everybody swallows when you are on top, but once you fall you better be prepared.

The truth is Spacey was beheaded in no time, while in other cases (some even more serious that this one) the industry protect the accused at least during a while, not this time.

And the fact that he came out to protect himself of the accusations was the nail on the coffin. People asked him to come out for years and he refused, the fact that he did it to protect himself says a lot about him (and it worked for a while, in fact it totally worked on the media but they backtracked after the backlash on social media)

by Anonymousreply 83July 23, 2019 9:00 PM

R81 Lots of people still do even though they have heard all the rumors and gossip. His Let's Be Frank video got better reviews than the final season of House of Cards. More people probably watched it too.

by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2019 9:03 PM

[quote]Since his scandal, Polanski has never been hired in America again.

So? He doesn't have to be. He's worked regularly ever since, directing films starring the likes of Harrison Ford, Hugh Grant, Kristin Scott Thomas, Johnny Depp, Sigourney Weaver, Ben Kingsley, Pierce Brosnan, Ewan McGregor, Jodie Foster, Kate Winslet, Mathieu Amalric, Eva Green and, for his latest one, Oscar winner Jean Dujardin and Louis Garrel.

And, again, let's not forget Hollywood gave him the Best Director Oscar for The Pianist along with a standing ovation (Hi, Meryl!). Presented by his Frantic star Harrison.

Polanski drugged and ass raped a 13 year old girl and still gets his movies funded and big names to star in them. Spacey hit on some grown men. Big fucking deal.

As Nikki Finke once said on her website Deadline in regard to Mel Gibson: "Hollywood would do business with Hitler if he made money for them."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 23, 2019 9:08 PM

R83 He didn't choose to come out because of the accusation, he was outed. Why people don't get this I don't understand. And just because some industry people don't like him or are envious of his success doesn't mean that he doesn't have fans who are uninterested in what goes on the Hollywood bubble. It shouldn't come as any surprise as there are those with even worse reputations who have continued to work for years after negative publicity. At least he didn't come out and blame his situation on drugs or alcohol which almost always gets a pass.

by Anonymousreply 86July 23, 2019 9:09 PM

R86: Not true, he decided to came out as a gay man to deflect the accuasations.

He was outed several times before and he never oponed his mouth to talk about it

by Anonymousreply 87July 23, 2019 9:20 PM

" if conservatives are willing to shrug their shoulders over Kevin's antics,"

Yeah. Tell me again, where are these conservatives who shrug at the idea of a gay man hitting on teenage boys? Do they live your head? Are they all crowded in there or is it relatively uncluttered with lots of empty space to move around in?

by Anonymousreply 88July 23, 2019 9:21 PM

There's been over a dozen accusations, including one made by Richard Dreyfuss' kid. And there have been rumors for years about his Cosby-esque behavior. Where's there's smoke, there's fire.

And he only came out because he thought it would take attention away from his sleazy and criminal misdeeds. He's gross, and the LGBT community should publicly boycott any project he gets.

by Anonymousreply 89July 23, 2019 9:28 PM

Cringeapalooza.

by Anonymousreply 90July 23, 2019 9:29 PM

"Spacey hit on some grown men"

Um, no. Pay attention. He hit on underage boys.

"At least he didn't come out and blame his situation on drugs or alcohol which almost always gets a pass."

Huh? He tried to blame making a pass at Anthony Rapp on being drunk at the time.

"Good, I'll do whatever it takes to help with that comeback. One of the world's greatest actors and I still haven't heard anything about him that I find particularly disgusting. Sick of Celebrity Gay Panic. Team Kevin!"

One of the cases reported to the police in London involves drugging a twink and blowing him - that's not disgusting to you? Says a lot about you.

by Anonymousreply 91July 23, 2019 9:30 PM

There are many more guys out there with a "Kevin Spacey story"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 23, 2019 9:38 PM

In the era of Superhero movies his best bet for a comeback will be in a Netflix/HBO/Showtime type series and movies.

by Anonymousreply 93July 23, 2019 9:47 PM

I think a lot of ugly old Boomers see Kevin as a sort of surrogate, perpetrating all the groping of powerless young men to whom they likewise feel entitled, but which they lack the power and guts to do themselves. This is why they defend him so vehemently. I think anyone who is male and under the age of 40 or so probably just finds him creepy, I know I do.

by Anonymousreply 94July 23, 2019 9:57 PM

“Powerless” my ass. That kid at the bar probably lifted weights and was stronger than Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 95July 23, 2019 10:19 PM

r95 = idiot. It was his $$$$ and fame that was intimidating. You trolls are getting pretty pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 96July 23, 2019 10:22 PM

How do delicate, hot house flowers like R94 survive?

by Anonymousreply 97July 23, 2019 10:41 PM

R96 Did Kevin offer him money? No. If anything Spacey's fame is what made him a target for this young man and his mother. Will didn't seem that intimated to me. The whole thing sounds like a setup.

And calling people trolls when you're the one who repeats allegations without any proof?

by Anonymousreply 98July 23, 2019 10:42 PM

disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 99July 23, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]r85 Spacey hit on some grown men. Big fucking deal.

Anthony Rapp was 15. And some of the men Spacey groped were crew members - - that's not anything professional men OR women want to put up with at work.

It's strange you think either instance is A-okay.

by Anonymousreply 100July 23, 2019 11:15 PM

R98, how was he a target? And the mom wasn't even at the bar when Kevin assaulted her son....did she send psychic vibes to Kevin to make him grope her son?

Kevin has a history of groping very young men, even if they are straight and not interested. You must be new here if you didn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 101July 23, 2019 11:17 PM

I doubt anyone would try to grope r97, he's probably a fat old queen like his idol Kevin.

Can someone link to the thread with all the gossip about Kevin assaulting guys? I guess some of the newbies don't know the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 102July 23, 2019 11:19 PM

[quote]he's probably a fat old queen like his idol Kevin

I'm not the poster you're screeching at but it's amazing how quickly fraus (do you also post on the Woody Allen threads - you sound familiar) feel obliged to resort to homophobic attacks on a gay message board. Why are you here?

by Anonymousreply 103July 24, 2019 1:45 AM

Yep, I'm not R97 either but I agree with the guy above me. Sick of this bullshit. With "friends" like you...

Go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 104July 24, 2019 1:49 AM

Datalounge has known about Kevin for years. So has everyone in Hollywood. The people defending him must be trailer dwellers from the red states.

by Anonymousreply 105July 24, 2019 2:49 AM

[quote] obliged to resort to homophobic attacks on a gay message board. Why are you here?

I've wondered the same glancing at all those homophobic attacks on Lindsay Graham.

by Anonymousreply 106July 24, 2019 3:40 AM

R96: Come on, let's be serious. Spacey abused of his power with other men who worked on theatre, but with that kid is a totally different story. He has zero power over him, and his mom was even known. Unless he was totally drunk or drugged there's no way Spacey did that to him without consent. I can understand not reacting a first but after a while you put a stop at that

by Anonymousreply 107July 24, 2019 2:27 PM

Lots of celebs have rumours and gossip about them. Some of it is true, most of it is BS.

The trouble with the whole MeToo# "movement" is suddenly every bit of ancient gossip and anonymous accusation is given the credibility of a court room verdict. When one of those accusations actually made it to a real court room the wheels fell off. It's just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 108July 24, 2019 3:02 PM

"Unless he was totally drunk or drugged there's no way Spacey did that to him without consent."

Uh, he WAS drunk and knowing Spacey I wouldn't be shocked if he put something in the kid's drink

"When one of those accusations actually made it to a real court room the wheels fell off. It's just embarrassing."

What's embarrassing is the flyover fraus who don't understand that Spacey's behavior was an open secret in showbiz circles. Btw, 6 different guys (at least) have come forward to the police in the UK

by Anonymousreply 109July 24, 2019 5:20 PM

[quote]Spacey is a sociopath

So is Anthony Rapp.

by Anonymousreply 110July 24, 2019 5:27 PM

r110, only in your dreams.

by Anonymousreply 111July 24, 2019 5:27 PM

R108: The Aziz Ansari story is something that fits on a distopian film, he was basically accused of not being able of read the mind of the woman, and she was such a coward that did everything anonymously but she didn't let him that privilege

by Anonymousreply 112July 24, 2019 7:18 PM

"Uh, he WAS drunk and knowing Spacey I wouldn't be shocked if he put something in the kid's drink"

You are so insane. Please please PLEASE tell me you are female. No man would make this kind of leap (blindly, no less).

by Anonymousreply 113July 24, 2019 7:25 PM

Spacey will never have a successful comeback. Forget it. What a narcissistic creep.

by Anonymousreply 114July 24, 2019 8:55 PM

Kill it with fire.

by Anonymousreply 115July 24, 2019 10:35 PM

Are we forgetting that he assaulted a lot of other men. It wasn't just that stupid kid that he went to court over. He's been doing this for years and been able to get away with it just like Bryan Singer. He should be out on his ass too. He doesn't deserve a apology. He is such an arrogant piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 116July 24, 2019 10:55 PM

I always thought he'd come back.

The public's memory is short, and Spacey has to know some things about certain Hollywood power players that they'd like to keep quiet. They'll throw him some juicy supporting roles sooner or later, when they think the public has forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 117July 24, 2019 11:22 PM

[QUOTE]Are we forgetting that he assaulted a lot of other men.

Like who?

by Anonymousreply 118July 24, 2019 11:36 PM

Kevin Spacey is SO. FUCKING. GROSS.

by Anonymousreply 119July 24, 2019 11:40 PM

"You are so insane. Please please PLEASE tell me you are female. No man would make this kind of leap (blindly, no less)."

It's not blind, he has been accused of drugging guys in other cases. Why are you so keen on defending him? For someone accusing me of being a female, you come across like one of his fag hag fangirls.

"Like who?"

Do a google search, because you've apparently been in a coma for the past two years

by Anonymousreply 120July 25, 2019 3:47 PM

When Kevin Spacey was in the play "Lost in Yonkers" he had the 13 year old actor who played his son give him massages and the kid's Mother was fine with that because she thought Spacey could help her son's career. This is 100% true.

by Anonymousreply 121July 30, 2019 10:00 PM

(retch)

by Anonymousreply 122July 30, 2019 10:02 PM

I'm not sure why people think he'll be able to make a comeback in London, people here read the news and know what's going on. I really can't imagine him being able to star in a play over here because, apart from anything else, that depends on people actively buying tickets to watch him and be in the same room as him. He's far too tainted for that. Theatre is more intimate that film and so the ick factor would be greater.

by Anonymousreply 123July 30, 2019 10:09 PM

There would also be protests outside each performance, maybe even bomb threats ... it would be a iffy situation, financially, for a theater company.

And again - why hire him? There's never a shortage of gifted actors for any legit, available role.

by Anonymousreply 124July 30, 2019 10:14 PM

No fucking way. If Mel Gibson, Hugh Grant, Michael Richards, Richard Burton, Woody Allen, and dozens of other scandalized thespians can be forgiven, Spacey can too. Especially when the tide turns and NONE of the cases are proven to be true. Even if they were, they amount to nothing but your basic Gay Panic bullshit (eek, he tried to touch me!).

by Anonymousreply 125July 30, 2019 10:19 PM

Andy Signore of Screen Junkies faced multiple accusations and recently came forward with his own side of the story. Spacey did face multiple accusations as well, but they are either vague or don't show any distinct pattern of behavior or age of attraction. As is the case of Signore, you could make a terrible lapse of judgment like cheat on your spouse or go on an ego trip at work, and still be considered innocent of assault charges.

by Anonymousreply 126July 30, 2019 10:22 PM

Just like with Signore, many of those who came forward during the accusations thought there was nothing inherently wrong with Spacey's behavior except when viewed in context with the more serious allegations, which have not been proven or in some cases disproven.

by Anonymousreply 127July 30, 2019 10:25 PM

And not a minute too soon. We need him. God we need him...

by Anonymousreply 128July 30, 2019 10:27 PM

"If Mel Gibson, Hugh Grant, Michael Richards, Richard Burton, Woody Allen, and dozens of other scandalized thespians can be forgiven, Spacey can too

Hugh Grant had sex with an adult female prostitute - not the same thing. Woody Allen is over and Richards is, too.

"Especially when the tide turns and NONE of the cases are proven to be true. Even if they were, they amount to nothing but your basic Gay Panic bullshit (eek, he tried to touch me!)."

You think all 30+ guys who accused him are lying? Idiot. Some of the guys who came forward are gay, so can it with the "gay panic" shit.

by Anonymousreply 129July 30, 2019 10:31 PM

Does anybody else think he is too hammy? I never liked his acting. It isn’t subtle.

by Anonymousreply 130July 30, 2019 10:32 PM

R130 It's because a lot of his films are based on stage adaptations which are more dialogue driven. House of Cards has a similar style. I wouldn't call it hammy. He's quite good in thrillers too.

by Anonymousreply 131July 30, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote] You think all 30+ guys who accused him are lying? Idiot.

Why can't they? Men and women are equally opportunistic.

by Anonymousreply 132July 30, 2019 10:39 PM

R132 is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 133July 30, 2019 10:48 PM

r133 First of all 30+ guys did not accuse him of sexual assault. That includes Rapp. The one who did was caught not only lying but obstructing evidence. Other allegations are based on feelings with no proof of intent and no verified witnesses. Those calling Spacey names on Twitter without offering any proof should not be taken seriously. Finally, calling me an idiot just shows you are unwilling to debate actual facts.

by Anonymousreply 134July 30, 2019 10:54 PM

This thread inspired me to finally watch Nine Lives. I have to confess, I love this movie. It's freaking adorable! Christopher Walken is a charmer.

by Anonymousreply 135July 30, 2019 10:59 PM

R134, the frau at R133 thinks you and I are the same person. We're not. God, I don't know what is up with these fucking prudes on a gay site thinking that a gay man being interested in another man amounts to Assault. Like talking to hausfraus, truly.

by Anonymousreply 136July 30, 2019 11:00 PM

Ha. This thread is attracting all the Spacey fanboys. I like how they pretend like this is the first time they hear stories about their idol. DL was discussing Spacey back in1996 with the Usual Suspects. Glad DL was validated when shit hit the fan.

Blocking all the Spacey fanboys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 30, 2019 11:10 PM

Oh dear R136, on the contrary, YOU think I am the same person as someone else, because my comment at R133 is the only time on this thread that I've engaged in a debate, so you clearly have me confused with another poster. I responded to R132 not to you darling, but please feel free to announce your own self-importance....

I have posted one other time on the thread to say that he wouldn't be welcomed back to London theatre but that wasn't part of this conversation.

R134 - I started typing an actual comment to you then deleted it i favour of pointing out you are an idiot because I don't have an hour to waste humouring you in a 'debate'. We all know what Spacey is, and I can only imagine why some people on this thread refuse to recognise the importance of consent and like to pretend that it is as simple as (to quote R136) 'a gay man being interested in another man', when the interest isn't mutual but IS acted upon.....hmmm......,

Anyway, bye now darlings, like I said I don't have an hour to waste so I'll leave you both to it.

by Anonymousreply 138July 30, 2019 11:10 PM

Can you imagine being stuck at a dinner party with that sad cunt at R138? Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 139July 30, 2019 11:24 PM

R139 Yes, first he launches an ad hominem and then a pedantic response on why he chooses not to respond. A pure delight to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 140July 30, 2019 11:38 PM

Spacey's mostly mediocre acting reveals his contempt for his audience. He's a creepy asshole. Just retire.

by Anonymousreply 141July 30, 2019 11:42 PM

AIKC is that you at R138?

by Anonymousreply 142July 31, 2019 1:37 AM

I remember talking to an acquaintance who works in TV production when I was visiting LA a few years ago, before the scandal officially broke. At one point, the conversation turned to HOC since I was telling her how much I liked Robin Wright in it. She said something along the lines: "What a fucking toxic set!" When I asked her what she meant by that, she told me that Spacey was a huge liability for HBO and that, if not for the fact that the show was such a success, they would have gotten rid of him. He was grabbing crotches of low level technical staff who kept complaining, basically several sexual harassment lawsuits just waiting to happen. They cancelled that Jeremy Piven show a couple of years ago for that very same reason (there, women were harassed) but Spacey had much more pull at the time. If the rank-and-file of the industry were telling those stories, you know that there were even worse things that got hushed up.

by Anonymousreply 143July 31, 2019 1:56 AM

R125 "If Mel Gibson, Hugh Grant, Michael Richards, Richard Burton, Woody Allen", etc you are an idiot. Richards career is over but well off from his Seinfeld reruns. Grant never really suffered and was brilliant by going on Lena right after his scandal. Mel Gibson made so much money from his Passions of the Christ film he never has to seek outside financing for anything. Richard Burton died a huge star and a very rich man. Woody Allen will come back in some way as he was never mainstream. He also doesn't play well outside of his New York LA Jewish humored audience. I saw a film of his in London and the audience was dead silent.

by Anonymousreply 144July 31, 2019 2:05 AM

"God, I don't know what is up with these fucking prudes on a gay site thinking that a gay man being interested in another man amounts to Assault. Like talking to hausfraus, truly."

The fraus are the Kevin Spacey fangurls who think a grown man hitting on a 14-year-old boy or groping guys without their permission is the same thing as a man being interested in another man. You freaks will do anything to defend Spacey, right? Are you SS Terri? You seem like a fag hag hausfrau.

by Anonymousreply 145July 31, 2019 2:53 AM

Sorry, I meant Netflix, not HBO.

by Anonymousreply 146July 31, 2019 3:02 AM

Who cares? So, Spacey grabbed a few asses here and there? That's the way the world works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 31, 2019 3:07 AM

He did more than just "grab a few asses" and I think you know that, Miss Spacey Cadet

by Anonymousreply 148July 31, 2019 3:21 AM

R148: Everybody knows that, but one thing is knowing it and other very different being able to prove it.

If he is able to survive these cases he will be back in business, Gibson did a lot of wrong thing, some of them very public and he was able to come back (even he never was the big star he was before, but Spacey is way better actor)

by Anonymousreply 149July 31, 2019 2:08 PM

NO, he won't R149. Hollywood won't touch him because apart from being a grabber he was an asshole to people.

by Anonymousreply 150July 31, 2019 2:19 PM

He isn't liked by the movie-going public. That's a problem which will be hard to resolve.

by Anonymousreply 151July 31, 2019 2:24 PM

R150: That's his biggest problem and the reason why so few people defended him

R151: That's not a problem at all, he is a character actor, the box office is not a factor (and he was in several hits anyway)

by Anonymousreply 152July 31, 2019 2:35 PM

Not a single person claims to have been raped by Spacey. Hitting on someone is not "sexual assault". To call it that minimizes and makes a mockery of actual instances of sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 153July 31, 2019 2:38 PM

[quote] Hitting on someone is not "sexual assault"

Grabbing someone without their consent is sexual assault. The mental gymnastics you have to make in order to justify Spacey's behavior are pathetic.

You might as well come out and say it R153. You don't care if he molested, assaulted, or threatened another person because you don't care. Be a man and have the balls to state your true feelings, even if they are amoral.

by Anonymousreply 154July 31, 2019 4:35 PM

WW for R154.

by Anonymousreply 155July 31, 2019 4:39 PM

Spacey's final form is now to become a sort of totem for gross ugly flaccid older leches that feel sexually entitled to young men who don't want them and never will.

by Anonymousreply 156July 31, 2019 4:50 PM

True R156, but, but, they're 'just showing interest in other men' and it's not sexual assault unless it's rape and the victim can prove it, or something......

by Anonymousreply 157July 31, 2019 4:58 PM

It's sexual assault but for sure grabbing an ass is not remotely the same that raping someone.

And yes, you have to prove there was an assault, nobody is going to be declared guilty just because other people say it. He can be guilty as sin but unless they prove he did it he will come clean of this.

Sexual assault, rape and sexual harassing just like mobbing are difficult to prove on court on most cases

by Anonymousreply 158July 31, 2019 5:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 31, 2019 5:49 PM

"And yes, you have to prove there was an assault, nobody is going to be declared guilty just because other people say it."

There are plenty of people who SAW him grope guys, or pressure guys to have sex with him, or get guys fired because they wouldn't have sex with him. His behavior was an open secret in Hollywood and London.

by Anonymousreply 160July 31, 2019 6:25 PM

Being an open secret doesn't mean easy to prove on court, and we have plenty examples of that

by Anonymousreply 161July 31, 2019 6:30 PM

[quote] R153 To call it [rape] minimizes and makes a mockery of actual instances of sexual assault.

Actually, we’re just minimizing and mocking YOU...

...ya fuckin’ freak.

by Anonymousreply 162July 31, 2019 7:42 PM

R160 There are no witnesses to any assault. He was disciplined for workplace misconduct where he accepted responsibility and that was that.There were witnesses to his behavior on set, but none of their testimony included physical or sexual assault, which would have led to immediate termination. The incidents being reported of him drugging people are second or even third hand accounts posted on Twitter and was never even reported in any mainstream publications. It's quite troubling how people are not willing to give Spacey the benefit of the doubt or even a fair trial, when he has been investigated for a couple years now with no additional charges.

by Anonymousreply 163July 31, 2019 8:45 PM

Kevin is 60 and looks it. What huge career is he going to have? He was never a De Niro or Pacino or Redford or Eastwood. He was more likely a Willem Dafoe. Role are available if Kevin manages to get hired again, but his glory days are behind him.

by Anonymousreply 164July 31, 2019 8:52 PM

He groped Richard Dreyfuss's obviously not interested son while Dreyfuss was in the room reading through lines. He literally grabbed the kid's crotch (he was only 18) and just held it, knowing he could and that the kid was too shy and overawed by this famous actor to do anything about it. That is next-level predatory and utterly creepy. Defending Spacey is beyond the pale, he's a total sack of shit, and so are all the stupid fraus and likewise-creepy old shitheads who just wish they could be him, so they too could force themselves on unwilling young men.

by Anonymousreply 165July 31, 2019 8:54 PM

Where has Kevin admitted he groped Richard Dreyfuss's adult son?

Where are the court records for Kevin groping the adult son of Richard Dreyfuss?

When was Kevin arrested for groping Richard Dreyfuss's adult son?

by Anonymousreply 166July 31, 2019 8:58 PM

Who cares? Kev is gross and needs to keep his hands to himself.

by Anonymousreply 167July 31, 2019 8:59 PM

R165 He did not grab his dick. He apparently touched his thigh and let his hand linger there for what the son thought was a little too long. Richard's son would joke about it with his friends for years afterward. It was only in the context of the more serious allegations that he thought it may have been inappropriate. Or maybe he knew it was bullshit but wanted to sell a story. Bottom line is it wasn't a crotch grab or even an aggressive play. Was it inappropriate? Maybe, but obviously there are people trying to inflate it to something it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 168July 31, 2019 9:02 PM

That hair is hideous

by Anonymousreply 169July 31, 2019 9:03 PM

r168 That ain't how Dreyfuss' son tells it. He wrote a whole article about it, and there was a very unambiguous crotch grab, look it up yourself. The kid tried to get away by moving to another spot on the couch or a different couch, Spacey the total fucking lech would follow him and do it again.

by Anonymousreply 170July 31, 2019 9:05 PM

[QUOTE]He groped Richard Dreyfuss's obviously not interested son while Dreyfuss was in the room

In the same room? What the hell was Richard Dreyfuss doing while his son was getting molested?

by Anonymousreply 171July 31, 2019 10:19 PM

Look it up and read the son's account yourself, it was published somewhere high-profile, don't recall where, just google it.

by Anonymousreply 172July 31, 2019 10:22 PM

Why didn’t he tell his father that Kevin Spacey was molesting him?

by Anonymousreply 173July 31, 2019 11:11 PM

He was probably in shock and didn't know what to do/couldn't quite believe it was happening or process it.

by Anonymousreply 174July 31, 2019 11:23 PM

He didn’t know what to do? His father was right there.

by Anonymousreply 175July 31, 2019 11:26 PM

I don’t think he’ll be welcome on sets and they won’t be able to insure him.

by Anonymousreply 176July 31, 2019 11:39 PM

R175 - People don't react to things the way you'd necessarily expect them to. When something awful and completely unexpected happens people often don't confront it at the time. I've seen footage of commuters filing down steps into an underground station that was clearly on fire, with smoke coming out of it for example, or people on a ship that was in trouble still going through the cafeteria getting their food.

There are three main responses - fight, flight or freeze. If the boy tried to move sofas but didn't say anything then it sounds like his response was a mixture of flight and freeze (mainly freeze). This is exactly what men like Spacey expect and anticipate - if he thought for a second that the boy would stand up and shout out 'Kevin is molesting me' do you think he would have done it? of course not. He understands how difficult that is to do, and how destabilised/paralysed people can be made by his actions - he clearly banked on it, and that's part of the power and part of the thrill for him I imagine. Remember also that Spacey was a powerful actor and the boy was a teenager, which almost certainly enhanced the power dynamics and possibility of him feeling paralysed and unable to properly respond.

by Anonymousreply 177July 31, 2019 11:41 PM

He couldn’t tell his father once they got up to leave the room, then?

by Anonymousreply 178July 31, 2019 11:44 PM

He's not going to get "an apology" from anybody. And since it's been revealed that he likes to grab the cocks of young guys he wants to fuck I don't think anybody will be beating down his door with film offers.

by Anonymousreply 179July 31, 2019 11:45 PM

[quote] Remember also that Spacey was a powerful actor and the boy was a teenager

He actually was over 18 for what it's worth. He didn't tell his father then or after. The only time he told anyone, he thought it was not a big deal. He could have dealt with the situation appropriately when he got over his initial surprise. To equate the situation with people who are in a life and death situation is quite extreme.

by Anonymousreply 180July 31, 2019 11:50 PM

R3 wins!

by Anonymousreply 181July 31, 2019 11:51 PM

He could do an amazing independent film or medium budget web series. I like him. I would still watch him.

by Anonymousreply 182July 31, 2019 11:53 PM

R175 - some of the elements of freezing discussed in this article may have been relevant to the response. For example the concept of 'no-good-choices freezing', where a person is in shock and literally cannot think of a realistic choice of possible actions in the situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 31, 2019 11:53 PM

Freezing is also shocking when a guy master bates at the bus stop or beach.

by Anonymousreply 184July 31, 2019 11:56 PM

R178 - at that point he probably felt too ashamed at what had happened and the fact that he hadn't felt able to stop it. He may have felt, or believed he would be seen as, complicit, and was still trying to process it I imagine. Again, this is a response that men who do these things not only anticipate but literally bank on. And again, do you think Space would have done it if he'd expected an enraged father running down the drive after him?

by Anonymousreply 185July 31, 2019 11:56 PM

R183 People eventually come to their senses. He has said that he didn't think of the incident as being particularly traumatic and thought the situation was humorous. It wasn't until after he heard about the Rapp allegations did he decide to write that.

by Anonymousreply 186July 31, 2019 11:57 PM

R185 Again, you're "probably" speculating. No matter what comes out about this story, you'll just find something else that "probably" explains it. Harry's own admission was that he didn't remember the incident as being traumatic and that he didn't think the incident was even worth remembering until the other allegations surfaced.

by Anonymousreply 187August 1, 2019 12:01 AM

There are a couple of posts since my comment at R177 that I can't see because I have already blocked two of Spacey fanboys who think sexual assault is okay. So if you are replying to any of my posts (R177, R183 and R185) then don't expect a response. But I feel satisfied that whatever you are posting is quite nonsensical and without basis in fact or logic.

by Anonymousreply 188August 1, 2019 12:02 AM

His father would also go on to be accused of sexually groppin an actress. Poor kid, never stood a chance with those two pervs in the room. I m not entirely sure the father didn't noticed.

by Anonymousreply 189August 1, 2019 12:02 AM

R188 Yes, blocking someone is a sign that you've won an argument.

by Anonymousreply 190August 1, 2019 12:04 AM

As an addendum, post R188 is directed at R180 and R186, R187, since those are the comments that are not coming up for me.

by Anonymousreply 191August 1, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote]r173 Why didn’t he tell his father that Kevin Spacey was molesting him?

Probably rather AWKWARD to tell your dad his peer and current director/employer is hounding you. (Spacey was directing Dreyfus In [italic]Complicit[/italic] at the Old Vic in London.)

Everyone knows what side their bread is buttered on.

by Anonymousreply 192August 1, 2019 12:30 AM

"Being an open secret doesn't mean easy to prove on court, and we have plenty examples of that"

Why does it matter? We're talking about his career, not about a court case.

by Anonymousreply 193August 1, 2019 1:29 AM

But Castro and Mayor Pete on the ticket. Not sure which one on top, though. Does Julián have Asian heritage or it the native mixed in, or what?

by Anonymousreply 194August 1, 2019 1:31 AM

oops sorry

by Anonymousreply 195August 1, 2019 1:32 AM

[quote]We're talking about his career, not about a court case.

Right. I agree.

The public's perception of a star can directly effect a film/TV show/play/whatever. You never know who the public will or won't support, and under what circumstances. But the public isn't supporting Spacey at this time, that's for sure.

It's acknowledged that Spacey repeatedly sexually harassed crew members on the set of HOUSE OF LIES. He recieved training to educate himself on what harrasment was, and what he had to avoid doing in future. With that work history, and now more and more coming out about his choices and actions, producers put themselves on tenuous legal ground if they hire him, perhaps creating an unsafe work environment.

There is no NEED to hire Spacey when there's a looooooooooooooooooong list of other actors who are happy to work without placing employers in legal jeopardy, and their projects in financial jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 196August 1, 2019 2:41 AM

[quote] What the hell was Richard Dreyfuss doing while his son was getting molested?

If this happened on a day ending in a Y Dreyfuss was probably drunk.

by Anonymousreply 197August 1, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote]r196 It's acknowledged that Spacey repeatedly sexually harassed crew members on the set of HOUSE OF LIES.

Sorry .... I always get the title HOUSE OF CARDS mixed up with the stage play / TV movie title PACK OF LIES in my head [bold]: o

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 1, 2019 8:05 PM

R163 Regarding the allegations of Kevin Spacey drugging guys: At least one of the accusations from Twitter was firsthand, from a user whose account has since been suspended and someone else posted screenshots of the accusation to preserve it so it can't be silenced completely.

Then there's the case being investgated in London that Spacey drugged a man and performed a sex act on him when he was unconscious, which was indeed covered in a mainstream publication, The Guardian (which was named "UK's Most Trusted Newspaper"), so quit making things up to try to defend your precious Spacey.

Excerpt from The Guardian (and link below):

"According to the paper, the man, now aged 32, alleged that Spacey abused him after he passed out at Spacey’s home, where they had shared a drink after the complainant, then aged 23, asked Spacey to help him with his career. The Sun reported the man’s claims that he awoke to find Spacey performing a sexual act on him, told him to stop and left after Spacey warned him to keep quiet about it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 2, 2019 6:13 AM

Here's the thing r199, the guy's story may be 100% true or 100% false, yes he went to the police, but it was nine years after an event may or may not have taken place. I could stroll into a police station and report an assault by the Tooth Fairy from 2010 and a newspaper could accurately report that I had made that report. It doesn't actually make it true. I could also go on Twitter and reveal a first hand account of some random celebrity poisoning dogs. It's a weird enough accusation it might be true. Maybe Twitter would investigate and discover I'm a well known nut case and suspend my account.

by Anonymousreply 200August 2, 2019 2:01 PM

"According to the paper, the man, now aged 32, alleged that Spacey abused him after he passed out at Spacey’s home, where they had shared a drink after the complainant, then aged 23, asked Spacey to help him with his career. The Sun reported the man’s claims that he awoke to find Spacey performing a sexual act on him, told him to stop and left after Spacey warned him to keep quiet about it."

That's pretty much the George Takei scenario datalounge chose to disbelieve.

by Anonymousreply 201August 2, 2019 6:25 PM

r201, Takei had no other complaints against him. Spacey has dozens. Btw, that scenario is also what many of the Cosby victims were claiming. And Cosby is definitely guilty.

by Anonymousreply 202August 2, 2019 6:51 PM

Daily Beast article. For some reason the link won't post.

In Rome, Kevin Spacey would not answer questions about Anthony Rapp and alleged sexual assaults. Instead, he performed a poem about a beaten-up boxer determined not to give up.

He was reading Italian poet Gabriele Tinti's poem, “The Boxer,” about a tired and broken fighter who has been punched and beaten, and is left bleeding by the ringside.

Why he was doing this wasn't entirely clear. The event wasn’t advertised and just four journalists were tipped off. We were promised private interviews, which ended up being just a few meaningless words over Prosecco in the museum cafe after the shamed Oscar-winning actor was chased away by the paparazzi.But the poetry reading was as much a confession as a moment of acting, it seemed.

As his voice rang out in front of no more than 50 surprised museum goers and selected guests, it was clear that while he may have fallen from grace for the alleged sexual assaults he did not feel any apparent remorse.

by Anonymousreply 203August 2, 2019 10:25 PM

OMG ... ever the professional victim!

by Anonymousreply 204August 2, 2019 10:29 PM

"Hitting on someone is not "sexual assault".

Grabbing someone without their permission (and it's been well established that he's done a lot of that) IS sexual assault, you dumb twat.

by Anonymousreply 205August 2, 2019 10:40 PM

So when someone fights back against false allegation they are considered a victim now?

[quote] But the poetry reading was as much a confession as a moment of acting, it seemed. [quote] it was clear that while he may have fallen from grace for the alleged sexual assaults he did not feel any apparent remorse

Was it a denial or confession? I seem to recall him apologizing to Rapp but nothing other than his head on a stick would satisfy some people.

by Anonymousreply 206August 2, 2019 10:41 PM

Well at least he can console himself with the tragic bildungsroman biopic they'll do of him and his pathetic downfall one day.

by Anonymousreply 207August 2, 2019 10:41 PM

That short film he made of him in the role of his House of Cards character 'challenging people not to believe the allegations against him really pissed me off. The entitled twat has no shame.

by Anonymousreply 208August 2, 2019 11:11 PM

Kevin's poetry reading

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 3, 2019 9:23 AM

The poem in full, a man outrageously persecuted by the cruel mob. The more you're wounded, the greater you are!

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐱𝐞𝐫

I have to go

again

even though

I’ve just come back

even if

I’m covered in blood

blood all over me

everywhere

that no one bothers

to wipe off

and yet they call me

still

the crowd cheers

the ref is impatient

my opponent awaits me

I feel deadened

every voice is far away

and yet I hear

I know

that this is the moment

that I have to go

it’s my job

at first I liked it

I couldn’t stop

it was my life

now no longer

I’m exhausted

worn out

I’m in pieces

how long

can my body last?

how many of those punches

can it take?

night is falling

I feel it

falling quickly

on me

my powers weaken

death will come

and be

the fatal wound

for me

the final defeat.

by Anonymousreply 210August 3, 2019 9:37 AM

[quote] my powers weaken, death will come

If only.

by Anonymousreply 211August 3, 2019 10:47 AM

what is he nattering on about?

by Anonymousreply 212August 3, 2019 3:00 PM

It's like he's trying to establish the basis for a plausible insanity plea when he finally is taken down.

by Anonymousreply 213August 3, 2019 3:17 PM

KS, oh so erudite!

by Anonymousreply 214August 3, 2019 3:21 PM

He's a renaissance man, and we should all feel very bad for what all those young hussies have so cruelly, and unfairly, done to him.

by Anonymousreply 215August 3, 2019 3:32 PM

Yes, I think that is literally what he thinks R215. That he is a great artist, a Wildean figure perhaps? Actually, thinking about it he probably does think of himself as a modern Oscar Wilde - the sipping prossecco and public poetry certainly indicates that - hounded by an unfair and prejudicial legal system. Shame he is actually guilty of multiple counts of sexual assault isn't it?

And yes, before anyone tries to claim 'guilty until proven innocent', that hardly applies here. If we were in court, yes, discussing the matter here, no. Unless you believe that someone literally is innocent until they are proven guilty, rather than the legal supposition of innocence, which is quite a different matter.

by Anonymousreply 216August 3, 2019 3:38 PM

R188 = VERY Female (and of the Stupid variety). I would bet my house on it. No way that is a guy.

by Anonymousreply 217August 10, 2019 8:41 PM

The kid actors who worked with Spacey know what a creep he is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 11, 2019 2:31 AM

Such Gay Panic bullshit. "He deserves it all..." could mean fucking ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 219August 11, 2019 4:05 PM

He's a sexual predator first, and a gay man second.

No one objects to him being gay.

by Anonymousreply 220August 11, 2019 4:26 PM

He has the predator stink all over him. Nobody misses him. He’s done in mainstream. No company wants to have ties to troublemakers.

by Anonymousreply 221August 11, 2019 5:28 PM

I saw an interview with Alec Baldwin who thinks that Spacey will produce and direct his own projects, especially theater projects.

by Anonymousreply 222August 11, 2019 5:32 PM

No guy under the age of 30 will want to work with Spacey

by Anonymousreply 223August 12, 2019 2:43 AM

"No guy under the age of 30 will want to work with Spacey"

Hilarious. You clearly don't know actors (or men, apparently. Most know they can take care of themselves. Jesus).

by Anonymousreply 224August 12, 2019 3:17 PM

r224 is right, most actors are one $50 and a moment of carelessness away from being prostitutes. A lot of them *are* prostitutes. It has always been thus. That's why I think Spacey is a piece of shit, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for his victims, at least the actors, because if you are working with Kevin Spacey as an actor, especially a young actor, you know the game and the score.

by Anonymousreply 225August 12, 2019 3:26 PM

"That's why I think Spacey is a piece of shit, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for his victims, at least the actors, because if you are working with Kevin Spacey as an actor, especially a young actor, you know the game and the score."

Yeah, let's shit on CHILD actors who worked with him before he was well known and no one knew anything about his personal life. You realize 99% of actors are unemployed, right? Only the really big stars can be really picky about the projects they work on

by Anonymousreply 226August 12, 2019 3:37 PM

r226 oh yes I absolutely realize most actors are unemployed. Unemployment is generally what gets them into hooking, from what I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 227August 12, 2019 3:43 PM

R225 is a cunt. x

by Anonymousreply 228August 12, 2019 3:56 PM

Oh what, r228, you wanna tell me they *aren't* hooking?

by Anonymousreply 229August 12, 2019 4:20 PM

Add Cillian Murphy to the list of actors who've been the target of his creepy advances

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230August 13, 2019 3:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!