Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 76

Bitch away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601June 20, 2019 6:07 PM

May I just add, I think Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth looks amazing. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2019 2:37 AM

I love how Megstans complain that there is no proof to back up the negative stories about Meghan but they are more than happy to come together to get the Will cheated rumors to trend on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 2:39 AM

I just posted in the last thread but will repost my thoughts here.

Meghan is smarter and more educated than Harry. I think this is a huge threat to their relationship. Spoiled and entitled, he'll chafe when Meghan grows increasingly annoyed with his dimness. She, in turn, will be resentful when Harry tells her what to do and doesn't kowtow to her superior intellect. Unless Harry is willing to defer to her, it will be fireworks.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 2:40 AM

Meghan has an easy degree in communications. She doesn't present as very bright and I do wonder if she wasn't admitted to NU based on affirmative action

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 2:59 AM

I think it was poster 581 on the previous thread talking about MM's dogs "Harry has the resources to get a barely middle aged dog across the Atlantic in absolute comfort"

At first glance I thought the poster was talking about MM, though I guess it works for either Lol.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2019 3:01 AM

R4 Well, many posters on these threads think Meghan looks white and white women have benefitted more from affirmative action than any other group.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2019 3:06 AM

After seeing that video on the last thread (linking below for reference), I think MM’s biggest mistake was faking a “practically perfect” happy family on her Tig site. She was trying to create an image and do the happy lifestyle blog, fond childhood reminiscing when you post a recipe BS that usually gets tied to that style of site.

She played him up to be someone he wasn’t and it bit her in the ass.

His other kids being a disaster doesn’t exactly make a case for him being the perfect dad who is now a wronged victim. His significant age difference compared to MM’s mom also indicates a lot about his personality type.

I’m now in the camp of she may have some issues but he laid the foundation for how he’s being treated now. He probably manipulated with money and she figured might as well get what she could. Him being a narcissist would certainly impact who she grew up to be.

She’s no saint but as far as daddy goes, her mistake was lying about him in the first place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2019 3:11 AM

The British Royal Family Turned Out in Style for the Opening Day of Royal Ascot

It's said to be the Queen's favorite event of the year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 3:11 AM

Regardless, she is still smarter, more educated and more motivated than Harry by a long-shot. I'm not saying she's a rocket-scientist, but compared to him she is. It will cause issues.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 3:12 AM

Megs was a Mnuchin/Ratner conquest. The RF knows it. She's been persona non grata as of late, and that creepy baby Father's Day pic didn't help

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 3:16 AM

Royal Ascot 2019: All the latest celeb, fashion and royal news from the British horseracing event of the year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2019 3:19 AM

On Thomas Markle, it's interesting that he was photographed all alone on Father's Day even though he has other children in addition to Meghan. The tabloids make it seem like she's an only child, but he seems to be estranged from all of his children to some degree. I believe Meghan exaggerated their relationship for her blog. In real life, they had their ups and downs and she was, indeed, embarrassed of him despite his financial and emotional support.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2019 3:21 AM

Where is Samantha? What about the book?

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2019 3:25 AM

R7 The video was very interesting. In 1999 MM would have been 18. Did she just start at Northwestern because she is talking about meeting the other girls from there? In the UK you would still be in school at 18.

Also she’s merching 20 years ago! A free rental car from Budget, she’s such a natural at merching!

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2019 3:45 AM

Regarding Meghan leaving her dog Bogart behind in Canada, the story I heard is that both Meghan and Cory owned Guy and Bogart. Meghan got Guy and Cory got Bogart.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2019 4:08 AM

R12 TM’s relationship with his other children, which you know nothing about, has no bearing on Meghan’s astonishing lack of filial piety. In the same way as bashing Kate doesn’t make Meg look better. Changing the subject is a tactic used by those who can’t win arguments on the merits.

R13 Samantha’s book was never going to see the light of day. Do you really think she has the resources to go up against the RF’s lawyers, who have no doubt threatened her with everything under the sun?

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2019 4:14 AM

Saying Meg is smarter than Harry is not saying anything at all, is it? If Meg were so smart, she wouldn’t be the most hated woman in Britain. And Meg’s brain has never generated an original thought. Like her contrived handwriting and wannabe-Audrey Hepburn-wardrobe, everything is copied.

BTW, smart people like me don’t marry dumb, uneducated people, even for money. If I had to have kids with Haz, I’d shop for a sperm donor.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2019 4:28 AM

Re: the video of younger Meg.

1. My entire opinion of whoever is initially filming rests entirely on whether or not that "classy girl" license plate holder is sarcastic. I have a horrifying feeling it's not.

2. Even when young, Meg was conscious of class and wealth signals. Commenting on those fancy cars for rent in the "Budget" car rental lot.

3. About 1 min in. "That's where I used to work, it's a very highscale place." Actually uses the word highscale. Store is 'Morgan de Toi' if anyone is interested.

4. Sighing over Chanel, namechecking the boutiques as they drive by. "Beautiful shoes..." (re: Ferragamo)

5. Post Rodeo Drive brand-check trip (complete with wave and greeting to the Tiffany shop) they drive to an extremely nondescript looking apartment complex and Meg introduces us to her cats "Bella" and "Maria." Fascinating.

6. Footage of messy, cluttered (not unhygienic looking clutter, just "young woman with too much stuff" clutter) bedroom, cheap blinds, someone could try and ID some of the crap on the dresser, I have not yet graduated to that specific level of stalker. Working on it. Meg sounds embarrassed about the messiness about the room and says she's "moving soon" as an excuse.

7. To the kitchen! "We're gonna have our crussont, and some milk." Ha ha,that LA accent. Camera zooms in on some hyper cheeseball 'word art' decor that starts out "Peace, love and [unreadable]... this home."

8. Points out photos and clippings on the fridge of her with her mom, and one with her dad. Some kind of affirmation type clipping is visible with a "Just For Today" title. Y'alls, this girl came by her basic honestly.

9. Back in the car they ogle some guys and reject one for having a "fanny pack." Which he does. Late 90s dudes, oh dear.

10. At about 4 mins, in the midst of ogling another dude getting out of his car, dude notices (am 80% sure it's the friend he hears doing her "omg" routine) and you can hear a "Welcome to Hollywood, bitch!" in the background. Lol.

11. 5:35 Both girls say "hey" to another couple of random dudes. I want to rag on this cute guy ogling but I'm 2 yrs older than Meg and honestly this just makes me nostalgic for my man-crazed younger self lol. That "driving around with a friend, doing errands, shooting the shit, checking out men" was soooo a part of my late adolescence, too.

12. About 6 mins Meg refuses to honk at a woman standing in front of her car blocking her from turning. OMG SHE'S AN ANGEL IN HUMAN FORM AFTER ALL. JK I wouldn't have been assertive enough at that age either.

13. End of vid, mentions they're a few mins from her dad's house but that they're "not on the best of terms." She earlier pointed out a pic of her and her dad on the fridge with no snark or anger in her voice, so to me this sounds like low level aggro between a young woman and a parent. Doesn't change my opinion that she abandoned him mostly due to embarrassment/what he might reflect about her, or that he probably wasn't the greatest dad ever. Although he does appear to have paid for her education, which is a big deal.

She comes across as very brand and image conscious in the video. I'm sure part of that was just growing up in LA, esp. as a civilian. She also, even at that tender age, appears to love the camera on her, lots of hair tossing/touching and smiling, no self-consciousness at all.

I don't think MM is evil or had a fake baby etc., but I do think she's a ruthlessly ambitious attention whore with a howling void of whatever size at her core that she has probably desperately been trying to fill throughout her adulthood. Not actually the uncommon with humans, I suppose. Nothing about this vid changes my opinion or makes me think better/worse of her. Definitely shows her humble roots, tho.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2019 4:28 AM

UK judge sentences teen for abhorrent post on Prince Harry

Judge Rebecca Poulet lambasted student Michal Szewczuk, 19, for creating an image of Harry with a pistol to his head against a blood-spattered background. The post, which was shared a few months after Harry married biracial ex-actress Meghan Markle, included the phrase ‘‘See Ya Later Race Traitor.’’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2019 4:40 AM

R15 I have literally never heard that theory. Got any links? It sounds like revisionism but if we've got some Cory quotes out there ("That bitch tried to take my dog!) I'll give 'em a fair look.

Samantha's book is probably not coming out and if I had to guess I would assume she had been a) paid off not to publish and b)also paid off to sign a NDA. If they simply threatened to come after her, she could (and probably would) have gone straight to the media with 'the evil RF threatened meeeeee!" No. The BRF knows what its doing. I bet they softly-softlied her and got her to sign the NDA. If she has indeed gone quiet for good, that is.

The video of Meghan makes me on the one hand feel ever so slightly sympathetic. I already got the feeling that there is some deep rooted insecurity or lack of self worth at her core (this is common, I think I have a milder version of it myself, and it's easily recognizable in others - it's those people who are always eager to give a certain, heightened impression of themselves. Those who are essentially embarrassed about who they are, or where they came from etc.).

On the other hand it just makes me boggle at the fact that she's pushing 40 now and still seems to be essentially the same insecure, brand obsessed girl. It's very Trumpian to be exactly the same as you were 20 years ago. Is there some psychological explanation for people like that? people who don't change/progress, but instead just become better at hiding their inner shame? Meg actually wears those brands now. And her jewelry is nicer than that she could have ogled over in Tiffany that day. She has a literal prince for a husband and a new baby. And yet her social media (and she herself) *still* reeks of aspiration and not-good-enough-itis.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2019 4:42 AM

Yeah, it's painfully obvious the Markle/Ragland families have finally been paid off, something which should have been done months and months ago.

Meanwhile, I was enchanted by both Kate's actions and her appearance today. Loved the pussy bow. At least until she started shouting

"Come on Dover. Come on Dover! COME ON DOVER, MOVE YER BLOODY ARSE!"

Oh. dear.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2019 5:10 AM

Samantha and her stupid book probably failed to publish when it was discovered she had nothing worth publishing.

I have an older half sibling with that same age spread. She had a strained to non-existent relationship with my dad by the time I was born, didn’t grow up with us, maybe saw her in person once every few years. She only knows us as far as second or third hand information, but when dad dropped dead, she was the expert on everything and everyone. She put so much work into his wife of the moment, hoping to get a cut of his estate.

If any of us became famous for some reason tomorrow, she’d be the first one selling interviews and whatever photos we overlapped in over the years. She’d sell herself as the ultimate insider, all-knowing with “extra” insight since she was already grown when we arrived. She’d have enough for a few headlines but never enough for a fact checked book.

MM and her had way too much of a gap for her to be very in the know. She might have been useful for MM for about 5 years before MM went to college, and that’s only if she was willing to buy booze for MM and her friends. Samantha has shown she’s not very maternal so she can’t try to play the “older sibling who was really the third parent” thing and say they had some great bond because she “practically raised her.”

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2019 5:12 AM

R595 on the last thread, you mentioned your dog is right more than 50% of the time - impressive! Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2019 5:14 AM

If anything young girl Meghan video confirms what I think about her.

Fame hungry, values brand above anything else, basic as fuck about everything. There's no real brain or depth here, just a young woman very determined and using a cute face (and men stupidity) to get what she wants.

I don't think there's anything admirable about Kate but Meghan annoys me. She's a Kardashian with a different PR strategy.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2019 5:27 AM

Meghan is not the most hated woman in Britain- that would be Camilla. Charles spent a fortune on the old bag's rehabilitation, and she's still barely tolerated.

No one was ever throwing rolls and food at Meghan in the grocery. She's a whore, who will never be queen.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2019 6:14 AM

R25. Diana was right. Camilla is forever the Rottweiler. And Charles is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2019 6:16 AM

'Oh honey, showing only part of my posts not including the part where I said it was an online newspaper of repute, not a tabloid.'

I'm sure this poster is that demented Danja Zone woman. Just read the post in her accent. The 'oh honey' and 'repute' seal it. Also, the Daily Flail isn't just online. It's a middle market tabloid renowned for hyperbole, only just below the Express on the hysteria ranking scale.

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2019 6:39 AM

'In the UK you would still be in school at 18.'

Her birthday is August 4, so she would have been 18 all the way through her freshman year at university, only turning 19 in the summer holidays. Same if she'd been in the UK. My birthday is early July and I was 18 all through my first year at uni.

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2019 6:46 AM

R 25, the roll story never occurred.

I don’t think Camilla is hated anymore, particularly after Diana’s duplicity came to light.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2019 7:03 AM

R25, the roll story never occurred.

I don’t think Camilla is hated, particularly after Diana’s duplicity became public.

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2019 7:04 AM

Well, the latest poll I've read shows Camilla with a 29% approval. And thus is a woman who said Kate was "too common" to marry William.

A whore, from a long line of whores. Unfit to be queen and hopefully never will be.

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2019 7:12 AM

I don't think Chuck and Cam are hated, except by Diana's loonny fans. But they are not popular.

by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2019 7:14 AM

Whatever Diana's issues, Camilla was fucking Charles before, during and after his marriage.

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2019 7:27 AM

Girls like Meghan growing up in the 90s took movies like “Clueless” to heart.

by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2019 7:52 AM

Meghan had clearly had an extremely over inflated view of her looks and "talent" for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2019 8:33 AM

R35 Just like most successful people. It's an annoying trait but the road to success.

by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2019 8:35 AM

Why has no-one else noticed that there is a counter in the corner of the screen on that video.....only at the end? When she mentions her dad? Was that added on? There is another video of her trying clothes on, talking in the third person constantly. I thought this was it, but no.

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2019 8:52 AM

Someone on the previous thread asked what Tori Amos video she was in, it was 1000 Oceans.

Rather than Youtube, it's best to see it from this link, as she is circled in it. Blink and you'll miss it.

She appears at 0:36.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2019 8:56 AM

Someone in the last thread asked which Tori Amos video she was in.

00:36 — She's in the lower left corner with what appears to be massive cleavage (or maybe it's just the strap from a cross-body bag) bursting forth from a black tank top, pushing back a dangling tendril.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2019 8:57 AM

Morgan de Toi was high street. Most Brits will know/remember it as Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2019 8:58 AM

Oops.

by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2019 8:59 AM

Hahaha R39, snap.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2019 8:59 AM

The Backgrid pictures of Thomas Markle weren't necessarily taken on Father's Day. I posted some Backgrid pictures of Doria, and we are still waiting for a storyline so they can go to press. They were taken on 4th June. But when Doria's next storyline comes, look out for the red crossover bag. And more dog walking.

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2019 9:10 AM

New post from Harry Markle.

I know a few DLers enjoy that site.

"SussexRoyal ~ A Cult Or A Sham Brand In The Making?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2019 9:19 AM

Stop infesting me with your sick urges scat troll!!!

by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2019 9:26 AM

"A very serious royal investigation into who baby Archie actually looks like."

Oh my!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2019 9:34 AM

No r36, not at all. Successful people have the talent to back up what they are selling. Meghan in her own right, was not successful. She needed Harry for that.

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2019 9:35 AM

Wow I blocked three Meghan trolls and all but 5 posts on this thread vanished.

Crazy bitches.

by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2019 9:35 AM

Pointing out on instagram's SussexRoyal site that Archie looks a bit like Thomas Markle isn't very much welcome to Their Most Honorable and Serene Royal Highnesses ...

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2019 9:39 AM

R47 She was a working actress, that alone is a success when so many actors are jobless.

She didn't have a good career but she was working.

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2019 9:41 AM

Makes me want to go over and be a rebel, how long till my post gets deleted? lol

by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2019 9:41 AM

R51, it wouldn't take that long.

I gave it a try - my post got deleted within a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2019 9:43 AM

Lmao

by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2019 9:44 AM

New video from demented Danja Zone for the credulous Narc and Welp trolls. She thinks M is using TWO different babies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2019 10:15 AM

Those people have to stop, they give us a bad name.

by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2019 10:18 AM

I really feel like posting a “What have you done to its eyes?!” meme at the SR IG, but don’t want to be placed on a watchlist. And some of the frauen I know would be aghast.

But it’s tempting.

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2019 10:32 AM

Lol R56, Harry's eyes are becoming a bit suspect, too.

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2019 10:46 AM

The argument about pupils always contracting at a camera flash is a lie, as endless pap pics of celebs show. The pupils don't have time to contract.

Archie has Meghan's eyes. Dark, deep set, quite large and her sharp jawline too.

by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2019 10:47 AM

I'm searching for today's carriage list, if anyone comes across it first, please post!

Yesterday's appeared on The Guardian live feed, at about mid-day. But nothing, yet.

I'm guessing one of the York girls again, but with husband/beau.

Only the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester have engagements today, so maybe Anne, again, but with Zara. Sophie with Lady Louise.

Who else?

by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2019 11:12 AM

R20 - I’m with you on revisionist history. Just out of curiosity, I checked the chef’s and his wife’s (? Mother of his child?) instagrams. No bogart to be seen.

Also read that both were adopted from LA pound so I’m thinking hers pre-chef but not sure.

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2019 11:13 AM

Here's a link to the Ascot page at the Guardian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2019 11:22 AM

Royal Ascot Carriage List, Day 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2019 11:45 AM

Sorry, link not working, try this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2019 11:46 AM

That Harry Markle post about SussexRoyal being a cult is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2019 11:48 AM

Edward and Sophie have been married 20 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2019 11:51 AM

Edward seems to be only one that made a right choice

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2019 11:54 AM

The Sussex Squad , Meyhive, and all their other ridiculous names act like cult members ,though, R64

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2019 11:54 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2019 11:56 AM

Thanks, R39, good find. I think it is a strap from a bag, appears to go up too high to be her tits.

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2019 11:58 AM

Watched the rest of the vid, I do think it was cleavage, push up bra.

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2019 11:59 AM

Joan Collins is off to Royal Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2019 12:17 PM

R64 & R67 - speaking of cults and the SussexSquad, here is a video of the Woke Girl Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2019 12:23 PM

Kate on her wedding day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2019 12:24 PM

Hilarious photo - Andrew The Queen's Bodyguard is keeping a wary eye on Zara's husband who seems to be mauling his shocked daughter Beatrice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2019 12:26 PM

You think the royals have it bad today, here is the mayhem that greeted Diana in Sydney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2019 12:28 PM

Side eyes from Kate and Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2019 12:29 PM

The comments on the Insta post at R72, LOL

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2019 12:31 PM

"The Dutchess is crushing it."

Yeah, the Duchess is capable of crushing most things, at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2019 12:32 PM

One of the reasons that Diana was so loved by many people. She was a natural!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2019 12:34 PM

hahaha those crazy bitches on sussexsquad instagram, most of them don't look like real accounts though so there is hope. Another crazy account on insta is duchess_of_sussex her and her followers are insane.

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2019 12:42 PM

Did a nutty frauhag just say archie, a one month old baby, has meghans jaw? LOL you lot really are deranged.

Fact is, you don't know what hair or eye colour archie has, let alone his jaw that was covered by his dads big hand lol I'm laughing so hard right now 😂😂

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2019 12:43 PM

R22 - Oh, I wouldn't put money on that "Samantha wouldn't be much in the know", they're so far apart in age, separated, yadda yadda yadda. Families are odd things: word gets around like the 'flu. There's probably enough backstory there about Meghan that's just unflattering enough, even if not outright scandalous, to make it worth the BRF's while to pay Samantha to retract the book and sign and NDA and shut her trap for good. Not to say it might not have been so badly written the publisher threw it out, but I wouldn't bet on it having been pulled because there was nothing of an interest in it.

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2019 12:48 PM

R10 You really don't get it, do you. Mnuchin chases blonde shiksa goddesses, not skinny half-black women, and he even found one with aristocratic background to be wife #3.

See below photo of wife #2. A tall skinny blonde. Just like wife #3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2019 12:49 PM

R78 for the win!

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2019 12:50 PM

R81 wow you need to get out more if you find it that funny and no I wasn't the person who commented on Archie either.

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2019 12:51 PM

R83 Harry also chased a bunch of blondes before Meghan. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2019 12:52 PM

R83 "Goddesses" is more than a bit rich.

And it's not unusual for swarthy men like him to chase his opposites, I only feel sorry for the women. I'd hate to attract ugly men like him.

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2019 12:53 PM

R26 - Yes, let's forget about Diana stalking married men she was infatuated with, and their wives, and how she drove Charles insane with incessant demands of attention and enjoyed overshadowing him in the public arena. Leg's forget about Diana the fibber, Diana the ghoster . . . she was just an Angel from above. In fact, she didn't even mind the fact that the woman Dodi Fayed had just proposed to was on another yacht not too far away when she went for a fling with him - an infantile puppet of a powerful father with a drug past. Yes, she was all class, our Di. It was really all rotten Cami's fault.

Charles made some very bad decisions, the primary one being allowing himself to be cornered into marrying Diana by the public, the press, and his family. He paid heavily for it.

The Rottweiler made Charles happy. Diana made his life a misery.

Who won in the end?

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2019 12:56 PM

Meghan has nothing to do with mnuchin or ratner. Wishful thinking by the nutty meg haters.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2019 12:56 PM

This is quite unfortunate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2019 12:59 PM

R66 Nonsense. William made the right choice, as well, and come to it, Andrew still adores Fergie. William and Kate will sail on to tenth anniversary celebrations, Prince and Princess of Walesdom, and then King and Queenship together. Kate will remain discreet, warm, reassuringly English and demure, the picture of devoted motherhood, and give William plenty of space to be First. William knew what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2019 1:01 PM

R43, do you work for Backgrid? Are you a paparazzi? Any insider info?

by Anonymousreply 92June 19, 2019 1:05 PM

R88 so true! and people forget that her incessant attention seeking in that last year was really getting on the general public nerves. It was only after she died she was canonised by the world.

by Anonymousreply 93June 19, 2019 1:06 PM

R87 For your education on a Yiddish trope, shiksa goddess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 19, 2019 1:14 PM

R91 has a terrible memory.

If the only thing holding up the cambs is meghan, then that is a pretty shaky ground to be standing on. Willnot and Cannot, remember? The doolittles? This was only 3 years ago....

You better hope meg sticks around, otherwise it's back to the camb hate for the gp.

And allow me to laugh, andrew does not "adore fergie". That much was obvious at Euge's wedding lol

The cambs won't make it. Mark my words. Kate will never be Queen, let alone Princess of Wales.

HMQ was heard saying 'this will all end in tears' at cambs wedding, and she's right about that.

William made the biggest mistake of his life marrying kate. It will end.

Soon.

by Anonymousreply 95June 19, 2019 1:15 PM

R95, link to the HMQ statement at the Cambridge wedding? And like the Queen has any matchmaking sense. She forced Charles to marry Diana. Absolutely ridiculous,

by Anonymousreply 96June 19, 2019 1:18 PM

R94 - According to my Jewish neighbour, there is a male counterpart: shaygetz (sp.?) - cf. the Robert Redford character in "The Way We Were".

by Anonymousreply 97June 19, 2019 1:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2019 1:21 PM

Tindall appeared to be drunk at Ascot.

by Anonymousreply 99June 19, 2019 1:21 PM

R96 - She didn't force him to marry Diana. She told him, and his father did as well, that given her aristocratic family and its close ties to the BRF, and the public frenzy, he couldn't drag this out for two years, he had to piss or get off the pot. He knew he couldn't have Camilla, he knew at 32 he had to get on with it, and that there weren't many young women left from the right social drawer who were still, er, "clean". So he bit the bullet and went for it. He wasn'th forced. Pressured to make a decision, perhaps, and the press played a huge role in this in Diana's favour, but forced? No. In the end, it was Charles's decision.

by Anonymousreply 100June 19, 2019 1:21 PM

R95 - Troll alert.

And don't forget to keep an eye out for that asteroid.

Make your will and lots of hay whilst the sun shines.

by Anonymousreply 101June 19, 2019 1:23 PM

R91 Kate was never warm or demure, hell, she wasn't even english enough for some of you.

First time I heard anyone call her an english rose was when meghan arrived on the scene.

She was a flasher, flashing her bum everywhere like a common whore, she left george to go to the Maldives. Some mother that. Oh and her flirting with every man in her vicinity. Her rictus grin (no it didn't start here). Towling on blusher and eyeliner, dressing like her dead MIL...and her grifting family.

But yeah sure let's re write history...some of you are good at that.

by Anonymousreply 102June 19, 2019 1:24 PM

Is R101 the Troll Alert Troll?

Every opinion on the thread doesn't have to be pro-Kate, anti-Meghan, vice versa, or even about the Cambridges vs the Sussexes.

Oh for some new Ascot fashions to drag.

by Anonymousreply 103June 19, 2019 1:30 PM

I'd get a bit drunk at Ascot too, R99.

by Anonymousreply 104June 19, 2019 1:40 PM

The comments on this thread are even nuttier than usual. Can we leave the conspiracy theories at home and go back to bitching about royal drama?

by Anonymousreply 105June 19, 2019 1:47 PM

Comment from an observer:

"I’ve always though William was quite controlling just not in the “micromanaging” sense, more of his image sense. I always got this from how blatantly unhappy Kate looks when they are at events together. She looks happy with everyone else, Harry, TQ, Meghan, everyone except William. Then she puts on that fake hyena smile.

I never thought that the tensions between the cambridges and suxxes was because of Kate or Meg, it’s always boiled down to the brothers."

by Anonymousreply 106June 19, 2019 1:48 PM

seeing how william was old enough to suffer from the hyper dramatic marriage breakup + his mother's pr bullshit, that image controlling aspect is not a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 107June 19, 2019 1:50 PM

Some great hats & outfits from the 2nd day at Ascot. Dame Joan is really starting to look frail now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 19, 2019 1:51 PM

Vintage Ascot pictures

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 19, 2019 1:52 PM

More blue today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 19, 2019 1:53 PM

R102 You got my back, sis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 19, 2019 1:53 PM

Ascot in the rain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 19, 2019 1:54 PM

HM & Cam look like they are in a good mood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 19, 2019 1:57 PM

So many trashy outfits today. Megs would have loved it.

by Anonymousreply 114June 19, 2019 1:58 PM

R95- OMG you fraus. The queen said "this will all end in tears??" Au contraire, she turned to Phil and said 'that went very well", immediately after Kate's curtsy. Go find the link. Do you know what spoke volumes? The Queen's face at Harry's wedding. THAT was what you call a thunderous look!

Crazy trolls have nothing to do but attack Kate. She WAS Duchess Dolittle but sadly, the winds have changed and UK will adore her forever. Live with that. Also, terms like "Duchess of Delusion" reek of Celebitchy, go back to worshipping your heroine at your mothership please. Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 115June 19, 2019 2:02 PM

Umbrellas in the carriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 19, 2019 2:05 PM

I would like someone to take a look at this link of the Queen's face looking directly at MM at the HM wedding and explain to me HOW it can be read any other way than it appears?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 19, 2019 2:06 PM

Good angle to see the jewels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 19, 2019 2:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 19, 2019 2:08 PM

R3 here. Posters maligning Meghan's degree and her intelligence missed the point of my post, which was about the interpersonal dynamic between Harry and Meghan.. Meghan is smarter and more educated than Harry (is this in dispute?) and, given what we know of her personality, she'll become frustrated, impatient and sharp with him because of it. Spoiled and entitled Harry won't react well to her disdain. The discord will, I believe, contribute to the end of their relationship.

Agree with R105 that the comments on this thread are nuttier than usual.

by Anonymousreply 120June 19, 2019 2:08 PM

I’m really disappointed in you guys. On this site there are super sleuths. Why haven’t any of you found out the truth about MeAgain

by Anonymousreply 121June 19, 2019 2:14 PM

Another interesting comment:

"Meghan is not stuck. Both she and Harry love each other, and with their new baby will be fine.

There are some people willing the couple to fail. Clearly, they don’t understand that just because you wish ill for someone it will happen. These are two people who respect each other, and from all appearances love to be around each other. The likeness the show for each other is not something that is simply a floor show.

There are honest photographers who see them with the camera on and off and have said, they appear to be taken with each other. As for William and Kate, their behavior to each other in public screams something else. Exactly what, I can’t say. Future King or not, even Charles is affectionate to Camilla at times. Why can’t two young people be? William needs to be nicer to his wife. On her wedding day, he didn’t even help her into the carriage. All he did was hold her bouquet, and took a seat, while she struggled to get in. Contrast that with Harry who not only helped Meghan up, but never sat down until she did. Before you call me a liar, go look at the end of both weddings. William looks to be selfish. He needs to leave the Sussexes be, let them live their lives"

by Anonymousreply 122June 19, 2019 2:17 PM

R120, I agree. It’ll be an interesting drama to watch. I do believe she’s smarter, bookwise, and what my mother would call “street smart”. Harry’s never had to hustle the way Meghan has. She wins both.

I’m sure it wasn’t you, but someone here referred to MM’s “elite” university, which stretches the bounds... as usual, the stans are extreme.

by Anonymousreply 123June 19, 2019 2:17 PM

Sophie and Edward are there again today. Not in the procession, but nice and dry in the royal box.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 19, 2019 2:17 PM

R122 You are missing the whole point, I'm afraid. Meghan is now Harry's boss. Kate would never do that to William. That's what you witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 125June 19, 2019 2:21 PM

Harry was looking for someone to mother him. So it's fine that Meghan is smarter. It's been reported that she writes his speeches for him (and by the content it's pretty clear she does...) like a mother helping her child with his homework. For a lot of normal people such a dynamic would become frustrating but in this case it was someone with mommy issues who found someone who was willing to take advantage of that.

by Anonymousreply 126June 19, 2019 2:22 PM

Those speeches don't identify her as 'highly educated and smart' they identify her as identical to the modern 'woke' types coming out of university. All buzzword and no depth.

by Anonymousreply 127June 19, 2019 2:24 PM

Yeah, on her old blog and now on their IG it's all just a bunch of word salad with little substance. But that's typical of the woke crowd. It's Oprah type nonsense that passes as deep and thoughtful with their target audience.

by Anonymousreply 128June 19, 2019 2:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 19, 2019 2:29 PM

Is it confirmation bias or does anyone else feel like they saw Harry way more when MM was about to give birth and just after. He kept showing up at random things that he didn't have to like the marathon and that remembrance service when she was almost due. He traveled abroad twice in a few weeks after the baby was born (The Hague and Rome), went to the wedding of a cousin he didn't deem important enough to invite to his wedding , hosted a ball etc.

There was plenty of time to rearrange the Invictus games events, polo games etc if his presence was mandatory, the pregnancy was announced in October.

Harry took no paternity leave at all (William took 2 weeks + with each of his) to a couple who seem to want to prioritise mental health, gender equality and have gone to great lengths to prove to the world how happy they are and how domesticated Harry is, it seems odd to me to take no time off. If Harry had an actual job and there were financial considerations or promotional opportunities then fine but thats not the case.

IMHO all is not well in the House of Sussex

by Anonymousreply 130June 19, 2019 2:29 PM

Princess Michael of Kent kept up the pal blue theme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 19, 2019 2:29 PM

Kate has mastered the art of deferring in public to her husband the heir, while not doing the sappy Nancy Reagan "gaze."

by Anonymousreply 132June 19, 2019 2:29 PM

Seeing Kate and William looking great and regal at TTC, Garter, Ascot and other recent appearances is triggering the Kate-haters who desperately want her marriage to implode and Rose to become the next Camilla. Droning on and on about their dating years, flying hems (!!) and fan-fiction incidents from their wedding is an attempt to deflect.

The frothing Meghan haters should be happy given recent events, but they seem to be in a tizzy as well. Meghan is a complete idiot, salad tosser, blah blah. I think even Harry would admit Meghan is smarter and more clever than he is. It doesn't mean she isn't refrigerator magnet philosopher.

by Anonymousreply 133June 19, 2019 2:31 PM

A better picture of Princess Michael of Kent 's outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 19, 2019 2:32 PM

If Kate was "lazy" in the early years, I imagine the Queen and her firm were okay with it. Remember, they'd just come off the Diana debacle, and I'm sure wanted to give Kate a slow and gentle easing into her role, lest she do any cracking under pressure. Seems to have worked well.

by Anonymousreply 135June 19, 2019 2:32 PM

Totally agree, r132. It's a wise choice because it makes her look neither attention whore-y nor like a simpering twit. It also quite cleverly gives the public no insight into their marriage. They're always a bit reserved- a good cover for good times and bad times. Can you imagine Harry will have to hold his wife's hand for the rest of his life in public or risk being called angry or pissy a la the balcony scene. You can't possibly keep up the loved up act for too long. No couple can.

by Anonymousreply 136June 19, 2019 2:34 PM

The sussexes are a case study in 'protocols exists for a reason' and not just because 'look at those stodgy old fools'

by Anonymousreply 137June 19, 2019 2:37 PM

My favorite idiocy from the #SussexSquad was when some Megstan claimed that Will would leave Kate for Rose and he'd have to abdicate. She followed that by claiming since George is under 18 that means that Harry would be the next King and Meghan his Queen.

These people are delusional.

by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2019 2:39 PM

R138, they've spread that as fact so widely, they now see it as truth. They think that spreading a hashtag about the rumour will cause William to step aside for Harry and their Queen, Lil' Mama Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2019 2:44 PM

R137 What protocol? There is no protocol that says pda is not allowed. Cam and charles hold hands and are affectionate with each other in public. Even PP and HM have at times.

PW chose not to be affectionate with kate. He chose not to have a ring made (!) Which is a first for royal men. To not even have one made, let alone wear. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 140June 19, 2019 2:45 PM

The best ones are the ones who right to Lizzie, demanding Harry and Meghan are given the throne.

by Anonymousreply 141June 19, 2019 2:45 PM

Write not right.

by Anonymousreply 142June 19, 2019 2:46 PM

The ring thing isn't strange at all. Not many males in my (our) family wear rings.

My husband wears one, I don't.

by Anonymousreply 143June 19, 2019 2:49 PM

The lunacy on this thread is astounding. I’ve never seen a “megastan” on this thread—or any here on DL—claim what r138 claims. I’ve only seen posts claiming they’ve read it. I’m an equal opportunity hater of the BRF, so no skin in the game for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 19, 2019 2:49 PM

At least make the conspiracies around these people more interesting. Why isn’t anyone arguing that MM is a latter-day John Adams, sent to end the most prominent royal dynasty in the world from the inside by making obvious its total uselessness and basic unfairness, and thus helping the American ideal of “all men are created equal” triumph? Maybe “the deep state” tried and failed earlier with Wallis Simpson and this is version 2.0. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 145June 19, 2019 2:50 PM

R144, well I won't say you are missing out, it's hard to read with the illiteracy and slang, but it happens a lot, on Twitter and Instagram.

And I'm not R138.

by Anonymousreply 146June 19, 2019 2:53 PM

It rained on the Queen's parade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 19, 2019 2:54 PM

r145 Half hearted attempts at making everyone who criticises Meg look like a Trumpete/conspiracy theorist who believes in the "deep state". Nope we just dislike her because she's annoying and lacking in self awareness. Shalom.

by Anonymousreply 148June 19, 2019 2:54 PM

Royal crash: Kate and William offer to visit gran, 83, hit by police motorcyclist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 19, 2019 2:54 PM

Camilla in the carriage looking haggard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 19, 2019 2:55 PM

The Queen and Camilla both look fantastic today.

Man, the Queen has been working hard, out every day it seems. She must be looking forward to crashing at Balmoral for the summer.

by Anonymousreply 151June 19, 2019 2:55 PM

R145 Yes! Yes! Yes!

Please add some memes and an in depth video analysis to flesh out this conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 152June 19, 2019 2:56 PM

Camilla holding the umbrella for her husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 19, 2019 2:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 19, 2019 2:57 PM

They've certainly had a streak of bad luck with the driving lately. Can you imagine if it was Meg? I can read the posts now- Meg tried to kill granny!

by Anonymousreply 155June 19, 2019 2:57 PM

R145 & R152 - NO! NO! NO! No more nutty conspiracies. Crazy isn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 156June 19, 2019 2:57 PM

Camilla's outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 19, 2019 2:58 PM

R152 “Give me liberty or give me a C-list lifestyle of dedicating local bus stops with the spare”

by Anonymousreply 158June 19, 2019 2:58 PM

Camilla's choker is a clunker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 19, 2019 2:58 PM

R154 That look is quite racy for Anne!

by Anonymousreply 160June 19, 2019 2:59 PM

The Queen wore another flower hat so pretty you could smell it! LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 19, 2019 3:00 PM

R145 you joke, but those theories are out there too. That Meg has powerful backers who want to bring down the monarchy. Yes, there are delusional conspiracy nuts on both sides.

And that crackpot who thought Will would abdicate was indeed on Twitter. Megstans seem to dominate twitter while there seems to be more Meg detractors on Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 162June 19, 2019 3:00 PM

R155 In the first iteration of this granny traffic accident story the DM called it "Kate's Convoy" like William wasn't even there.

Those blood royals love pushing the commoners under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 163June 19, 2019 3:01 PM

Little Diana with her older sister Jane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 19, 2019 3:02 PM

I like Camilla's hat today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 19, 2019 3:03 PM

Ascot 1953. Look at those dresses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166June 19, 2019 3:04 PM

A necklace borrowed by Diana from the Spencer collection. Swipe for photos and info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 19, 2019 3:05 PM

I haven't seen nearly enough crazy hats at Ascot this year.

by Anonymousreply 168June 19, 2019 3:10 PM

THESE are Ascot outfits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 19, 2019 3:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 19, 2019 3:17 PM

I'm guessing a police escort guy probably lost his job.

by Anonymousreply 171June 19, 2019 3:20 PM

"The quote from Philip was just hearsay, gossip, innuendo….and was probably attributed to something Philip said many years ago, and is now being regurgitated to shame Meghan. Remember Andrew also had a fling with Koo Stark and was told to get rid of her. Times have changed. I believe Philip said no such thing to Harry."

by Anonymousreply 172June 19, 2019 3:25 PM

The sad thing was, Kate and William weren't aware, so I'm assuming the convoy was massive, and the incident happened behind them. They were told when they reached Windsor. I hope the lady recovers smoothly and speedily. What a nightmare for her.

As for Anne's outfit today......WOW! Racy indeed! Quite a figure on her, and I love it. For Anne, that is.

by Anonymousreply 173June 19, 2019 3:26 PM

Some of the Sussex Squad just like the "rich bitch" aspect, and aspire that.

But for fucks sake, leave my Lisa Vanderpump out of it, you little sluts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 19, 2019 3:27 PM

Grandma broke a hip. Ouch.

Not a good look for the cambs...

Perhaps karma for their treatment of the sussexes? Shouldn't have stood silently by while the press had a vicious go at a pregnant woman but I guess they couldn't resist the good press aimed their way.

More to come I'm sure. God hates ugly.

by Anonymousreply 175June 19, 2019 3:30 PM

I think the BRF learned long ago to butt out of member's choices in a spouse.

by Anonymousreply 176June 19, 2019 3:30 PM

As much as I dislike the royal family, I don’t see how they pin this on the Cambridges, r175. The granny may have stepped into the street, or the convoy might be to blame, but the Cambridges did nothing as far as I can tell to bring this about,

by Anonymousreply 177June 19, 2019 3:34 PM

I think MM and the BRF are in a mutually beneficial relationship- quite simply, theyre using each other for "me-gains". Meghan is obviously brand-building and the BRF approved the union as an experiment because really, what do they have to lose? She's not the Heir's wife, they let in some flesh blood, they will look woke because she's biracial and it will open up a new demographic of royal family watchers in America. If it misfires, they can each cut their losses and move on. MM becomes a celebrity and the BRF is able to exalt the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge- always easier to do via a contrast and comparison with a foil. It's a win-win really. What is the harm?

by Anonymousreply 178June 19, 2019 3:38 PM

Im not discounting at the all the fact that Harry loves her- probably does. But none of these decisions are taken on the basis of "love"

by Anonymousreply 179June 19, 2019 3:40 PM

R145 the deep state would be the last organization on earth believing in "all men are created equal". They are more likely to be loyal to the crown.

by Anonymousreply 180June 19, 2019 3:43 PM

Can you imagine what type of hell on earth the Royal Family will have to go through, if Markle divorces and is let loose to the media? It ain't going to be nice.

by Anonymousreply 181June 19, 2019 3:44 PM

What was Fergie thinking? She wore this outfit to Ascot in 2017.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 19, 2019 3:44 PM

R177 perception is reality in these cases and the RF are very aware of that.

R178 Doubt it has to do with any of that. She has the correct bloodline they wanted and it's not a conspiracy to say that. Harry and meghan are 15th cousins. They even creepily look alike save for colouring. Their relationship doesn't make sense to us but to them it does because it's deeper than skin deep. They wouldn't go through all this hell and embarrassment if she didn't have something of importance to them, just like diana and the rest had something in their ancestry they needed.

by Anonymousreply 183June 19, 2019 3:46 PM

At R182 Fergie looks like a humbug, No excuse for that disaster in this decade, lol.

by Anonymousreply 184June 19, 2019 3:46 PM

R181, it couldn't be worse than Diana. She knew where the bodies were buried, and it most likely got her killed.

by Anonymousreply 185June 19, 2019 3:48 PM

To be honest R178, I don't think the royal family would care about a new demographic of royal watchers in America, why would they? their future is secured only by the British public - a teenager in America liking posts on instagram just isn't relevant to them. Also, they have a lot to lose by letting someone who could be a loose canon in, as they found out from the scandals over Fergie and Diana.

In a previous generation the boat was very heavily rocked by the Queen's uncle abdicating, something which cast a long shadow over how secure the royals felt in their position. They are always aware of how much they have to lose.

by Anonymousreply 186June 19, 2019 3:49 PM

R182 - Bug-Eyed Bea takes after her mother when it comes to fashion sense. We need to see this hat again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 19, 2019 3:49 PM

Joan doesn't look so bad except for the tummy, but friends with Piers Morgan?

by Anonymousreply 188June 19, 2019 3:56 PM

You all need to swipe to view the teeth of the man seated in the carriage next to Charles at Ascot today. He is Lord Brookeborough, who is the Queen’s Lord in Waiting. Call me vain if you want to but personally I would not hire anyone who cared so little for dental hygiene. Yes, I know it's a British thing but I couldn't look at an employee with a mouth like this every day. Sorry if I've offended anyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 19, 2019 3:57 PM

Returning to the question on the previous thread about how much the public knew about the Charles and Diana marriage early in the piece. I agree that it was pretty obvious to anyone who bothered to really look that he wasn't smitten with her, but everybody bought that she was crazy about him. I could never see the evidence for this. The upstaging started as soon as the engagement had been announced, and it was ruthless. In particular, I videotaped about an hour of the wedding, so I got to watch back large chunks of it in later years, which you didn't if you only relied on clip show and docos. I could honestly not find a time, except when they were actually saying their vows, when she looked at him. She spent the whole time looking at her public, inside and outside the church.

If that had just been nerves she would have looked at him MORE, since he'd have been the most familiar thing in her eyeline and it was his job to be supportive that day.

Also, she knew before they walked back up the aisle together how well it was all going over, because when they were pronounced man and wife there was a roar from the crowd outside so loud it made Diana jump. I think at that moment she was slightly intimidated, but when she walked outside she was all smiles to greet them.

All in all, I totally agree she was hooked on marrying the future king, but in love with Charles? Meh. Maybe a 19 year-old managed to convince herself she was, but even that's only a maybe.

Here's a lesser-known fact - the Cinderella musical film The Slipper and the Rose, which pre-dated Diana, was said to have been inspired by the idea of encouraging Charles to marry an English girl rather than a foreign princess, as had been the pattern up till then.

by Anonymousreply 190June 19, 2019 3:58 PM

Joan was interviewed during ITV's Royal Ascot, about an hour ago, and she was just her absolutely fabulous self.

by Anonymousreply 191June 19, 2019 3:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 19, 2019 3:59 PM

If Anne were next in the line of succession, nobody would have to worry about the survival of the Royal family. She rocks, and the public likes her a lot.

by Anonymousreply 193June 19, 2019 4:00 PM

A video of the Queen's Ascot procession today. She's holding on to the carriage strap for dear life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194June 19, 2019 4:01 PM

R192 - poor Anne. No one in the carriage seems to be looking at her as she waves.

by Anonymousreply 195June 19, 2019 4:02 PM

R191 Yes I saw that. She's still as sharp and funny as ever & doesn't seem so frail in video as she does in pics. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 196June 19, 2019 4:04 PM

Zara Tindall yesterday - thumbs up for the hat but the dress was a miss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 19, 2019 4:04 PM

Zara has been going to Ascot since she was a young girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 19, 2019 4:07 PM

This made me laugh. They put the wrong teen in the headliner....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 19, 2019 4:08 PM

Oh dear.

Royal biographer Angela Levin " Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'to make Obama' godparent for baby Archie".

Silly woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 19, 2019 4:11 PM

I will shut up when the NYT stops telling us that the blackness flowing in Archie’s veins is something to celebrate. That for an American to marry into the BRF is “progressive”. Keep that shite on your turf. We don’t need Meg’s PR stoking racial division here.

by Anonymousreply 201June 19, 2019 4:13 PM

R103 - No, but it does have to be attached to reality. The Cambridges aren't divorcing, let alone soon. You're free to float bullshit, but you're not free from having it called bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 202June 19, 2019 4:13 PM

R126 - Only now, she's got to be someone else's mother. Bound to create strain.

by Anonymousreply 203June 19, 2019 4:15 PM

R200 - No, the operative phrase below the clickbait is "COULD make a surprising choice . . ."

It would be a political choice if they did even if he is no longer in office, which would be another two fingers up from Meghan Markle to the BRF (my kid doesn't need your royal stamp, he's got his own from my country's royalty), and probably shortening the time before her exit.

by Anonymousreply 204June 19, 2019 4:17 PM

Agree R204, that's why I called Ms. Levin a silly woman.

by Anonymousreply 205June 19, 2019 4:20 PM

R200 - can you imagine how fast whiney bitch Trump would be posting on Twitter? Oh what a shit storm that would cause.

by Anonymousreply 206June 19, 2019 4:22 PM

R121 - MI6 has proved to be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 207June 19, 2019 4:23 PM

"The Uncomfortable Truth We've All Been Ignoring About Harry"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 19, 2019 4:30 PM

R181 - Oh, they have a few cards to play to shut her up: her title, her settlement, and playing hardball on custody of the kid(s). No one is going to care what the ex-Duchess of Sussex thinks, let alone at 45 and without that HRH, and minus those important appearances with the BRF. Does she really think the world is going to rush to pap her in the wilds of Africa when she's 48 years old, divorced, and no longer the Duchess of Sussex?

She'll sign the NDA or get barely more money than she came in with AND lose the title. Watch her A-list celebrity melt away like dewdrops in the morning sun as Harry finds himself a younger fresher woman and the tabs turn their attention back to the next Princess Henry.

And even if Meghan does start telling tales, they BRF can leak endless stories about how difficult she was, how she made Harry miserable, how the staff complained endlessly about what a bitch she was, and how she leaked false rumours about his brother and William's family.

Meghan isn't so beautiful or interesting outside her place in the BRF, no matter what she tells herself and Harry. The only thing remarkable about her is her second marriage. Once out of it, I think she'll find that "global platform" slowly collapsing.

She'll play ball. They have cards to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 209June 19, 2019 4:32 PM

If she divorces would any NDA's signed by her exes get lifted?

by Anonymousreply 210June 19, 2019 4:40 PM

R83 no one said Mnuchin (or Ratner) chased Megs. I used the term "conquest" to be polite. Substitute "slampiece" instead maybe?

by Anonymousreply 211June 19, 2019 4:41 PM

Megs can't possibly come out worse in a divorce than Fergie. Or embarrass the family more.

by Anonymousreply 212June 19, 2019 4:46 PM

Meghan fans started posting en masse in the last thread right after the relationship between that Lainey blogger and Meghan was brought up. Also they went apeshit over gossip about Meg's brief time at the embassy and fling with older man there. Have no interest going to Lainey's site, but the possibility that she's actively promoting Sussex brand while talking down Kate/ Will with cheating rumors is intriguing. Her relationship with Meghan's BFF Jessica/ her husband as others pointed out in previous thread. Do the BRF minders know about this? Meghan could have hollered at her girl to stop encouraging take-down stories and infidelity rumors targeting the Cambridges, but she doesn't. She has a track record of asking friends to speak for her in the press. Diana, crazy, lying, publicity loon that she was, didn't resort to having her friends do the same for her until late into the marriage. Meghan did it less than a year into marriage. Harry married a woman with all the negative traits of his mother without any of the positive attributes.

Regarding Diana and how unpopular she was in that last year, I remember as a teenager watching and reading things that weren't flattering to her circa 1996-97. I specifically remember her participating as an observer during a cardiac surgery, and she looked ghoulishly ridiculous, complete with glamorous eye makeup. Then she gave an interview saying she liked watching these surgeries, and it was like a WTF moment even for Diana fans of which my mom was one.

by Anonymousreply 213June 19, 2019 4:55 PM

"I believe the beef originates with William. I think he’s jealous of Harry, the slacker who ended up with an intelligent, sophisticated woman who adores him and makes him a better man. William doesn’t have that. I’m sure that Kate feels a bit threatened by Meghan’s popularity but it’s caused her to up her game so everybody wins.

The real shame is that William doesn’t realize he’s playing into the hands of the people who made his mother’s life so unhappy. These faceless courtiers are loving the rift between the brothers and will drag it out as long as they can. As a combined force, William and Harry would be VERY formidable. They could bring the monarchy into the 21st century and ensure their children’s future, both Future King (maybe) George and Private Archie. Charles wants to modernize the monarchy so he would be on board too. They would be a force to be reckoned with and both would be immensely popular.

But William isn’t just spoiled and lazy, he’s traumatized over what happened to his mother. It’s a shame that he doesn’t have someone who loves him enough to encourage him to seek out some real help. But Kate needs William to be the way he is, no matter how much he humiliates her. If he got help, he might start believing that he needed to make changes to be a better, HAPPIER man and one of those changes might be his marital situation"

by Anonymousreply 214June 19, 2019 4:55 PM

Would love to know life behind the scenes w Will. MM and Harry- the drama is obvious. What about Will? It is so mysterious. We may never know.

by Anonymousreply 215June 19, 2019 4:56 PM

R210 - No idea. In corporate "non-compete" clauses their is usually a "sunset" clause. I don't think there are such clauses in personal NDAs. The bottom line is, NDAs haven't proven to be iron-clad or very enforceable, especially after enough time goes by. The tabloids have very deep pockets and can dangle some very large financial carrots in front of disgruntled ex-employees and guarantee anonymity (although that weakens the story) - sums that can put a down payment on a home, pay school fees, build up a slender retirement . . . and the BRF notoriously pays badly, assuming that the cachet, perks of free travel, and often free housing, make up for low wages.

But the other reason that NDAs are faulty is that if challenged in court, the challenge only serves to draw even more publicity to the story, and the public tend to see that cynically. The jury that is public opinion isn't given instruction by the judge on what they can or cannot rely on in rendering a verdict.

Look what happened with Patrick Burrell:

"Royal butler trial thrown out after intervention by Queen

Royal butler Paul Burrell today thanked the Queen after he was sensationally cleared at the Old Bailey of stealing hundreds of Diana, Princess of Wales's belongings.

In an extraordinary and unprecedented development, the 12-day-old case collapsed when it was revealed the Queen had come forward at the weekend with crucial information.

As a stunned courtroom absorbed the news, Mr Burrell stepped from the dock and fell sobbing into his lawyer's arms as it dawned on him he was a free man."

The man Diana described as her "rock" later declared through tears he was thrilled, adding: "The Queen came through for me."

"Regina versus Burrell" was effectively halted by Regina. It emerged that while following the progress of the trial, the Queen wondered about the relevance of Mr Burrell telling her, a few weeks after Diana died, that he had taken some of her papers for safekeeping. She confided in the Prince of Wales and he informed police.

The revelation fatally undermined the prosecution's case, which was based on the claim that Mr Burrell had removed Diana's belongings without telling anyone.

Today, after three days of frantic behind-the-scenes activity while the trial was on hold, prosecutor William Boyce QC announced: "The prosecution has concluded that the current trial is no longer viable."

Judge Mrs Justice Rafferty directed that Mr Burrell was not guilty on all three counts of theft - against Diana, the Prince of Wales and Prince William - and told him he was free to go, nearly two years after he was arrested.

Amid emotional scenes outside the court building, Mr Burrell stood next to his solicitor, Andrew Shaw, who declared "an immense victory" and attacked police blunders and the stubborn refusal of detectives to believe that the former butler was "the Princess's most loyal and close confidante".

He said: "He has always maintained his total innocence."

It remained unclear what will happen to the disputed property seized when police raided Mr Burrell's house in Farndon, Cheshire, in January 2001, though much of it is likely to be handed to the Prince of Wales and Prince William at some point."

No one doesn't know what happened here: Burrell told the BRF when it looked like he was going to lose that what he had in his possession was so damaging they'd wish they'd never been born. The Queen obliged with that transparently idiotic "sudden memory" and, as the DM article delicately puts it, "the disputed property" was likely handed over to the Prince of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 216June 19, 2019 4:56 PM

A witness said: “His bike hit her and she spun round, off her feet and fell badly on the floor. The officer was devastated. But he was going on the wrong side of the road. It could have been so much worse.”

Wow. Not a good look for the cambs.

by Anonymousreply 217June 19, 2019 5:12 PM

Why for the Cambs? It's not like they were aware of it, nor on the bikes.

Feel better soon, lady.

by Anonymousreply 218June 19, 2019 5:17 PM

"Re their lateness, when they do engagements together they are ALWAYS late so this is nothing new. I recall one occasion when they are at an event at the Royal Albert Hall and they were almost an hour late – William was reported to have been annoyed blaming Kate and her nightmare hair. Bear in mind that the Royal Albert Hall is a few min drive from KP – its literally down the road from their home. For solo events Kate is always late, William however is not (he might not read the briefing notes but he turns up on time)."

by Anonymousreply 219June 19, 2019 5:19 PM

R214 - I would substitute Harry's name in your delusional story.

by Anonymousreply 220June 19, 2019 5:22 PM

I haven’t thought of Paul Burrell in years! I wonder what he had.

by Anonymousreply 221June 19, 2019 5:22 PM

"@HMC: I don’t get it either, to me it reeks of serious unprofessionalism. Kate has a long history of being late to solo events that pre-dates the children. They were also late to a service at St George’s Chapel in Windsor a year or so ago where they arrived AFTER TQ. TQ did not look amused and William did not look happy when he got out of the car. As I say William generally turns up on time when he’s on his own."

by Anonymousreply 222June 19, 2019 5:23 PM

The woman is 83 & now has a broken pelvis. That’s not something anyone recovers from quickly; at that age, it could well be fatal, or at least the beginning of the end. If she really flew into the air, as stated (could be exaggeration) then it sounds like the motorcycle cop was going a bit too fast.

by Anonymousreply 223June 19, 2019 5:26 PM

Did not know about Kate’s tardiness.

by Anonymousreply 224June 19, 2019 5:31 PM

No good quoting without quoting the source, storytelling poster .

by Anonymousreply 225June 19, 2019 5:36 PM

A broken pelvis in an elderly person is very serious, much worse than a broken hip. Recovery is longer & chances for return to full mobility & previous activity levels are less likely than with a hip injury. RF should put the woman in a very nice hospital, not an NHS ward, with top-notch rehab facilities & pay for the whole thing. If she wants a private room, do it.

by Anonymousreply 226June 19, 2019 5:41 PM

That Kate. I read she was even late giving birth to Prince George.

by Anonymousreply 227June 19, 2019 5:41 PM

Are you posting from a frau blog? or a Meghan obsessed thread spawned by Kaiser? Atleast source these fanciful quotations. And Kate doesn't encourage William to seek out help?? She's the reason Heads Together exists in the first place- she pushed William and Harry to espouse mental health for men of their generation. And you don't have to take my word for it. Harry has said it on camera!!!

by Anonymousreply 228June 19, 2019 5:42 PM

You're right R226, they should pay for her to go private all the way, and give a little extra to reimburse the family for any extra costs on looking after her etc.

by Anonymousreply 229June 19, 2019 5:44 PM

Here's Harry talking about Heads Together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 19, 2019 5:45 PM

"Hope she recovers. Agreed that if Harry/Meghan motorcade Meghan would’ve been the cause and headlines would be how dare she show up at Ascot smiling while lady is in the hospital fighting for her life. Camilla is the next Queen, not Kate."

"So true. If it were Megahn grinning and smiling at Ascot after such an event, the British press would be going into meltdown Not that Kate doing so is wrong, it’s just that if it were Meghan the press would be writing different headlines, all Negatives!"

by Anonymousreply 231June 19, 2019 5:46 PM

Blocked the mentally ill frau quoting from her own blog without citing it. Half the thread has disappeared if course

by Anonymousreply 232June 19, 2019 5:48 PM

What does headstogether have to do with privately encouraging someone to get help!? Do they even shill for that charity anymore??

by Anonymousreply 233June 19, 2019 5:49 PM

I blocked R214 and the "Will and Kate are always late" posts disappeared as well.

by Anonymousreply 234June 19, 2019 5:57 PM

Angela Levin just can't stop chatting.

PRINCE HARRY fears being “eclipsed” by Princess Charlotte and Prince George as they will soon be “hogging all the films”, claimed royal biographer Angela Levin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 19, 2019 5:57 PM

Believable r235. Harry's never seemed particularly close to the Cambridge kids or to have any kind of bond with them whatsoever. He seems very disconnected with them- even pre-Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 236June 19, 2019 6:00 PM

I hope the cambs divorce (and think they will very soon) and the word gets out about the middleton-goldsmiths drug front business party poopers. Then Keen gets exposed for having used surrogates thus rendering the camb kids illegitimate to the throne and the crown skips them and they will become the commoners they truly are. Maybe go back to the coalmining trade.

Harry and meg decide they don't want the job and wish to live normal lives but still work with charities and philanthropy.

Hopefully by this time Randy Andy is in prison....and then, my ultimate dream scenario, BEATRICE becomes Queen!! Of course by that time the italian is out of the picture and bea is either single or married to a suitable man who loves and adores her.

(I don't know why people declare when they block someone. Just block and go lol no one cares who you block. Begone.)

by Anonymousreply 237June 19, 2019 6:00 PM

The Queen in all her finery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 19, 2019 6:03 PM

Someones posting from another device ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 239June 19, 2019 6:03 PM

Diana in a veiled hat and poppies for Remembrance Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 19, 2019 6:04 PM

Harry is seen in that video for Heads Together literally crediting Kate for pushing him to get mental health. He said it in those many words. And THAT spurred the brothers to take it on as a cause. To all the idiot fans who can't even follow a 6 minute video properly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241June 19, 2019 6:14 PM

All the pro Meghan quotes come from Celebitchy, Digital Unicorn's mainly.

Is that you Digital Unicorn? Spreading the Kate hate everywhere I see.

by Anonymousreply 242June 19, 2019 6:19 PM

R225 - Apologies: the story on Burrell was from the Daily Mail, and it was pure reportage in this case, not an opinion column. The story was carried at the same time by The Guardian, only the Graun stated what the DM didn't:

"The collapse of the trial at the crucial moment when Paul Burrell was due to take the witness stand will fuel suspicions that the royal family deliberately wrecked the case to suppress potentially embarrassing evidence.

Mr Burrell's testimony was expected to last at least two days and would have been "long, detailed and extremely interesting", according to his legal team.

If he had given evidence, he might well have been questioned about his service in the Queen's own employment - he was her footman for 10 years - as well as in Princess Diana's.

In an interview with detectives which was read out in court, there were hints of what might have been disclosed.

The former butler said: "[Diana's life] was in many ways a lonely and difficult life to live. Frankly I felt I was the only person who could be trusted to retain her full confidence."

He told police he had been trusted to undertake tasks of a "very personal nature, including very late at night", and also said that some of Princess Diana's family relationships were "very strained"."

That's from the Graun, 2 November 2002

What a shame we don't know what Burrell had, eh?

by Anonymousreply 243June 19, 2019 6:20 PM

Oh no R243, I wasn't talking to you. It was to the Digital Unicorn , or whatever it was, quoting, now we know, from Celebitchy.

I remember the Burrell case. If only we knew what he had.

Here's some personal gossip. Years ago, Burrell joined Facebook, he later went on to deny it was him, in the media, saying it was an imposter. But it was him. He used to talk to me on MSN and revealed celebrity stuff ( not royal) that only he could have known, from the reality shows he had a run at. He's NOT a good flirt. He's terrible at it, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 244June 19, 2019 6:28 PM

I think he was married at the time, too. To a woman.

by Anonymousreply 245June 19, 2019 6:30 PM

Ooh R244, can you spill?

by Anonymousreply 246June 19, 2019 6:32 PM

I'll say one thing for the fraus at CB: they have sharp eyes. Kaiser has a thread up about some people thinking they see a baby bump under all that Edwardian lace, which no one agrees with, but what one sharpie did claim to see was a black g-string very faintly through all the demure blue film. On closer inspection of the photo in questions, I said to myself . . . by George, I think she's right! Barely seeable but I think it's true - credit where due, Kate's sly sexiness is quite humorous and probably much appreciated by her husband.

by Anonymousreply 247June 19, 2019 6:34 PM

Is that why he's fucking rose, Rose?

by Anonymousreply 248June 19, 2019 6:35 PM

Kate does love herself a thong! Especially under flimsy sundresses and when it is windy outside.

She's a kinky one, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 249June 19, 2019 6:39 PM

That's quite funny R247.

by Anonymousreply 250June 19, 2019 6:42 PM

Not much really to spill, unfortunately R246 , as it wasn't about the RF, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 251June 19, 2019 6:44 PM

Lol, Alpha Will probably asks her to wear them, so he can get through the engagement

by Anonymousreply 252June 19, 2019 6:45 PM

R178, I disagree. I think MM and Harry's faux pas and flouting of royal protocol have been a disaster for the BRF. Despite the current support for the monarchy, there is not much support fro Charles and Camilla. Further, many monarchists are from a generation that is on the way out. MM's behaviour and shady past are quite enough to rock the royal boat and make the hard-pressed British public rise up and say 'Who needs these people? They're just like us (or worse).

by Anonymousreply 253June 19, 2019 6:46 PM

Burrell didn't end up very well, did he?

by Anonymousreply 254June 19, 2019 6:48 PM

R253 - The Royal Family IS just like us in private but it wouldn't be wise for them to demonstrate in public. The Queen has understood that a little mystery keeps people interested. If royals let everything all hang out, they become no better than the Kardashians and the British people would soon tire of them. Adapting to the times doesn't mean airing your dirty linen in public or giving away too much.

by Anonymousreply 255June 19, 2019 6:50 PM

^ demonstrate IT

by Anonymousreply 256June 19, 2019 6:51 PM

R178 R253 - I believe you're both right to a certain extent. I think the BRF knew Meghan wasn't quite what they'd like to have seen Harry settled with, the reasons were obvious to his father and brother, and rather than a long-drawn out family struggle that would make them look bad, they shrugged their shoulders - sixth in line, eventually even farther off, let's make use of her in whatever way we can, she's probably not going to last more than 4-5 years, etc., etc.

But I also believe the BRF underestimated the damage to their own brand, her waywardness, the bad effects on Harry and family divisions she sowed, the attempts to smear the Cambridges as part of her "branding", and how toothless she made them look in their utter failure to rein her in.

Their only ways of revealing their feelings was the exile out of London to the dump at Frogmore instead of the grand flat in KP, the refusal of an HRH title to their child, the (alleged) absence of the Queen at Harry's first-born's christening, and increasing royal stamps of approval for Kate: loans of major historic jewellery, bestowal of the family orders last December, and then the DGCRVO.

Meghan got what she came for, but it won't last if she gets booted out of the family sooner than she needs to establish her "brand" securely.

Harry's quote "before George and Charlotte start hogging all the films" is ill-natured, coarse, and makes him sound not so much passionate to change things but even more resentful of his place in the line than we initially supposed. The phraseology makes it seem like the two small children will be out courting the media, rather than the focus of exactly the obsessive attention he and William got as youngsters. It was ill-said to the nth degree, and he evidently doesn't give a damn how it sounds to his brother and sister-in-law and his grandmother. If the Cambridges heard that, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show up at the christening, either, and figured may as well nail the family split flag to the mast.

The BRF has achieved some marginalisation, but also still has to tread carefully due to the racial issue. But Harry seems bent on pissing them all off so much that an exit is inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 257June 19, 2019 7:04 PM

Harry has always been an asshole. If Diana didn't die when he was a kid, people would see him as he is.

by Anonymousreply 258June 19, 2019 7:10 PM

There’s no asshole like a dumb asshole.

Plus, he’s ugly to boot.

Yet Markle is enough of a skank to latch onto his nasty ass. Talk about desperate.

by Anonymousreply 259June 19, 2019 7:15 PM

Princess Anne was second in line to the throne when her mother became Queen; today she is 14th in line.

Anne shows that it's entirely possible to keep dropping in the line of succession year after year, decade after decade, and still be a working royal doing one's duty and apparently enjoying the incredibly luxurious, privileged life that comes with it. It's not a mortal injury to drop down a few spots in the royal succession. The only thing being injured is his ego. Harry needs to get over himself.

by Anonymousreply 260June 19, 2019 7:18 PM

Totally agree, r257. They likely had no idea.

She reminds me of Heather Mills.

by Anonymousreply 261June 19, 2019 7:19 PM

Heather Mills with an extra shoe.

by Anonymousreply 262June 19, 2019 7:20 PM

Harry should stop worrying about the Cambridge kids. He will lose enough fans due to his rapid aging regardless of their popularity. He really has become rough looking in such a short time. Just compare pictures of him from now to just a year ago. His hair has faded so much it made me wonder whether he was dying it before. Is this just a case of his English genes or has the stress of the past year aged him this much?

by Anonymousreply 263June 19, 2019 7:39 PM

R257, you can bet your sweet arse Kate will be at that christening, looking svelte and gorgeous in a petal pink suit and stunning tall hat adorned with roses. Her impeccable appearance will be immortalised forever in the photos, with MM looking fat and frumpy in navy blue or olive green wool, with matching leather gloves of course.

by Anonymousreply 264June 19, 2019 7:40 PM

And Angela Levin keeps on chatting!

Prince Harry once claimed he would never cross 'narrow line' from royal to celebrity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 19, 2019 7:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 19, 2019 7:45 PM

r43 are you a pap? Is it true that many pap photo sets taken of celebs aren't dated with the actual date the photos were physically taken? In reality they can be much older by days or weeks.

by Anonymousreply 267June 19, 2019 7:54 PM

r264 deranged frau. The only thing you're right about is that kate will definitely show her masculine shaped arse. But then, that's standard operation for the keen one. Coalminers grandaughter, council estate mother's daughter. Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 268June 19, 2019 7:57 PM

If it’s true about Kate’s being late all the time, that’s annoying. I’m a Kate fan, but she does come off extremely vapid in the way she just repeats the same sentence over and over when she gives interviews. If she’s also late all the time.... she seems rather tedious.

by Anonymousreply 269June 19, 2019 8:01 PM

R269 - a troll said Kate was always late. I've never heard anyone complain about it before and the troll hasn't provided concrete evidence to back up their claim. Take it with a grain of salt because it may be a Megastan slagging Kate off so Meghan looks better. It's not working for me.

by Anonymousreply 270June 19, 2019 8:04 PM

I rarely follow Kate's events, but the only time I remember her being late was for some exposition and it was during the evening.

Otherwise I never saw anyone mentioning her being late. Maybe she is but people or journalists don't mention it.

by Anonymousreply 271June 19, 2019 8:05 PM

R268 - As another British person I find your classism embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 272June 19, 2019 8:06 PM

Today in 1896 Bessie Wallis Warfield's was born (aka the Duchess of Windsor).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 19, 2019 8:09 PM

The "Late Kate" posts were copied and pasted from comments on Celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 274June 19, 2019 8:09 PM

R274 - oh, so we really should take them with a grain of salt. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 275June 19, 2019 8:11 PM

Edward and Sophie at the wedding rehearsal. Love the "train" behind her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 19, 2019 8:12 PM

I've been deliberating as to the name I will use on DL. "Deranged Frau" is perfect, thanks, R268!

by Anonymousreply 277June 19, 2019 8:12 PM

R269 - Kate is, in fact, a knock-off of the Queen Mother, only without the aristocratic breeding. She's taken her leaf straight out of the Queen Mother's book - the QM was also perennially late (her father-in-law, the redoubtable King George V, who terrified his own sons and was a stickler for punctuality, was so taken by her legendary charm that when she arrived late and apologised for being late he said, "You are not late, my dear; we must have sat down two minutes early.") Not for nothing, when he passed away, she wrote to a friend, "Unlike his own children, I was never afraid of him, and in 12 years of having me for a daughter in law, he never spoke one unkind or abrupt word to me."

The QM was also, in terms of depth, vapid - Kate has to make more speeches given the era than the QM did, but she's basically been shrewd enough to see that she doesn't need to be much more, and it's probably safer this way. The Queen Mother was hugely successful as a royal consort, chose a recognisable style and stuck to it, and to the programme. Kate is doing the same thing - she's much, much shrewder and aware of history, I think, than anyone supposed - including the jeering fraus on Celebitchy, who think Meghan's frantic flag-waving and trumpeting of changing things and branding aren't going to turn her into the one thing she really, really needs to be: successful at being a royal consort.

The favour being shown to Kate and the Cambridges by the Queen shows that she appreciates Kate's savvy.

Harry and Meghan, by contrast, are angry and sullen and can't understand why their efforts to make Kate and William look bad and themselves look heroically work, aren't cutting any ice with the only people, in the end, who matter in this game.

They'll both pay for it later whilst vapid, demure, slily sexy, slack Kate sails on to public approbation and Queenship.

by Anonymousreply 278June 19, 2019 8:13 PM

Edward and Sophie - the real wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 19, 2019 8:14 PM

It's funny how people use classism against Kate but not against Meghan when Meghan's family is worse.

by Anonymousreply 280June 19, 2019 8:14 PM

I see nothing wrong with being from a working class family. Someone really is grasping at straws in their pointless bid to Kate look bad so Meghan will look better.

by Anonymousreply 281June 19, 2019 8:17 PM

Lady Diana Spencer at Royal Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 19, 2019 8:19 PM

Anne is still waving. I wonder if anyone saw her and waved back? LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283June 19, 2019 8:20 PM

R283 She was waving to her mother in the cariage.

by Anonymousreply 284June 19, 2019 8:22 PM

^^*Heroically woke (not work)

by Anonymousreply 285June 19, 2019 8:22 PM

If Countess Mountbatten of Burma (née Penelope Eastwood) was Prince Philip's mistress as claimed, would she be invited to Ascot to ride in the second carriage behind the Queen? If the rumored affair is true, would the Queen be that forgiving?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 19, 2019 8:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 19, 2019 8:29 PM

Quite normal, he knows her since she's a baby.

by Anonymousreply 288June 19, 2019 8:32 PM

We don't use class when measuring foreigners suitability, it's strictly a british thing and since kate is british we use it to determine where one belongs.

We use other measurements for outsiders.

As it stands, kate is from working class stock. Her parents money does not mean anything, she will always remain working class even if her parents have middle class money. One cannot move up in class, nor buy oneself up.

Were her family and ancestors mostly professors, doctors or academics? No. So, not middle class.

Very simple.

She should embrace her roots.

by Anonymousreply 289June 19, 2019 8:35 PM

Diana's wedding dress WORE her. She was swamped by meringue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 19, 2019 8:52 PM

Charles and Camilla with a hyper energetic terrier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291June 19, 2019 8:53 PM

You sound absolutely ridiculous R289 - and no, that is not how class works - ancestors? you're confusing it with genetics. Try reading a little sociology to understand how class is constructed - one thing we all agree on is that it is complicated and there is no single definition.

I can see that this matters to you, perhaps investing in the idea of class gives you a sense of superiority in order to shore a (potentially precarious) social identity in other regards. But really, you do sound silly.

by Anonymousreply 292June 19, 2019 9:05 PM

Dim Harry really said that about his nephew and niece? "George and Charlotte hogging the spotlight" means that he was talking out of his ass when he said he didn't want the spotlight for himself. Now the truth comes out because he's resenting those young Cambridges for no reason other than popularity. What a shitty uncle who sees them as barriers to his own fame whoring ways, all the while telling the paps to fuck off. He craves the paps, just like his crazy mother who loved the paps but only on her own terms.

by Anonymousreply 293June 19, 2019 9:12 PM

Meghan and Harry are not young, and their strategy of trying to become social media stars isn't going to pan out in the long run. Sure, they're having short-term success now, but at the end of the day social media is for the young, not middle-aged/ older crowd. The SM influencers who are in their 20s and 30s today are doing everything to stay relevant, they know it doesn't last forever. In 10 years time or so they're going to be overtaken by younger influencers. So unless they've got some unique angle they're going to fade slowly into the sunset. Hence the mad scramble by the Sussexes to find their own angle/ grift in this game, both inching towards 40 so time is running out. The older influencers that will have staying power are those who are celebrities in their own right e.g. they've accomplished something other than being influencers. So BSC Gwyneth and her ilk will survive.

by Anonymousreply 294June 19, 2019 9:18 PM

Well said R293

by Anonymousreply 295June 19, 2019 9:23 PM

And R294, well said.

by Anonymousreply 296June 19, 2019 9:24 PM

The typical Harkle stan will have forgotten them in under twelve months. Or when Harry loses even more hair. Whichever comes first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297June 19, 2019 9:27 PM

Agree with r294 about Harry and Meghan aging out of the influencer game. If Harry wanted to be an influencer with any longevity, he should have married someone about 5-7 years younger than him. If all other things were even, he and Meghan would never be able to compete with William and Kate because they have the 'happy, young family' angle on lock. I suppose he was going for the woke, international humanitarian angle, but no one really buys that they care about any causes - even their 'fans'.

by Anonymousreply 298June 19, 2019 9:30 PM

Nothing about Harry says 'humanitarian' to me, so that's a joke.

by Anonymousreply 299June 19, 2019 9:31 PM

Both William and Harry need to start lifting weights.

by Anonymousreply 300June 19, 2019 9:32 PM

R225, no way is haughty, indulged and King-in-waiting William jealous of Harry being married to vain, haughty and Spotlight craving Markle. OH my sides, lol! He would never consider such a thing. There's only room for 1 person to be center stage in a relationship - that would be HIM! Jeez the tow of them would be at each other's throat for the spotlight. Harry just hopes MM antics in the camera and social media will keep HIM from fading into the chintz upholstery! No. Worshipful Kate is just what the monarchy ordered. K&W seem to be more in sync after Louis' birth and she growing into her public role. MM , well she's just following her 20yr starlet PR playbook with mixed results. She might want to watch her back down the road: Andy and Will know revenge is a dish best served cold, for reason entirely known to her.

by Anonymousreply 301June 19, 2019 9:32 PM

The "hogging the films" was a really awful gaffe on Harry's part toward his young nephew and niece, really awful. I think we have all underestimated, because he's kept it cloaked for so long, the depth of his resentment toward his brother's higher status and inevitably increasing wealth, titles, and influence. Harry sounds petulant, peevish, envious, and not a little insensitive - and also harbouring delusions of grandeur about his power to "change things".

They're just kids, attractive ones, too, that the public coo over.

Harry is out of control if he said something like that where he could be heard, to a journo no less.

He would never have said something like that without Meghan's influence on him and how ill-done by the poor man is by fate and birth order and those nasty, grasping Cambridge kids.

I can only imagine William and Kate reading it, or worse, the Queen. Meghan has been incredibly destructive to this family in just one year.

by Anonymousreply 302June 19, 2019 9:36 PM

From above post. It should have been directed to r215. Not R225

by Anonymousreply 303June 19, 2019 9:36 PM

The woman is DETERMINED to be HOLLYWOOD royalty, NOT BRITISH royalty. Oh, let's not forget Queen of Social Media and Commonwealth Queen of Hearts. She doth so love the little people, her subjects. As she one said, "call me Queen Meg".

by Anonymousreply 304June 19, 2019 9:42 PM

R302 they did a bloody good job on the whitewash of Harry, a bloody good job. Although I sensed something was amiss, especially since Madam came on the scene, I'm appalled by the comment about the Cambridge kids.

by Anonymousreply 305June 19, 2019 9:42 PM

Well, Charles is also to blame for raising Harry to be such a prat. Had he been a functional parent Harry might not have turned out this way. I don't think either Charles nor Diana ever reached emotionally maturity. I don't care what spin they put on it, I think Harry was left to the wind after Diana's death but for William's oversight (such oversight as can be when handled by someone who was not yet an adult himself). William and the courtiers tried (and succeeded) in rehabilitating Harry's image and all for nothing. I get Harry's anger at his father. I don't get his beef with his brother.

by Anonymousreply 306June 19, 2019 9:47 PM

BBC, ITV and Sky are all running this Fortnite story at the same time.

Prince Harry 'was wrong' to call Fortnite addictive, developers say Fortnite representatives say they are "taken aback" by the duke's comments that "couldn't be further from the truth".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307June 19, 2019 9:49 PM

that fortnite comment was so dumb, it sounded like shit you'd hear in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 308June 19, 2019 9:57 PM

R308 - Especially coming from the #Sussexroyal

by Anonymousreply 309June 19, 2019 10:05 PM

I didn't think I'd dislike Harry more, but his comments about young George and Charlotte shown him to be a pathological fucker. "Is he kind?" Well apparently not. No well-adjusted person would think or say something like that about their young relatives. Guess he did get those crazy Diana genes after all, I thought the brothers escaped entirely but wishful thinking. Good thing monarchy doesn't mean shit these days or George and Charlotte be watching their backs lest they end up in the towers courtesy of Richard III uncle Harry.

by Anonymousreply 310June 19, 2019 10:06 PM

"According to an article in The Sunday Times, an unknown member of the royal family has branded the 37-year-old Markle the 'Degree Wife,' because they believe her marriage to Prince Harry will 'only last three years'.

HaHA

by Anonymousreply 311June 19, 2019 10:19 PM

Obviously we don’t see every moment of their lives on film but it is strange that there never seems to be ANY interaction with him and the Cambridge kids.

In most families, the younger, cool single aunt or uncle is the favorite of all the kids. The one playing tag, taking them for ice cream, etc. My personal observation is that even siblings who aren’t super close tend to form a closer relationship via the kids and the spoiling aunt or uncle.

This isn’t the case in every family and sometimes there’s too much bad blood but it does seem odd that 1/3 of the inseparable trio was only inseparable with the adults.

Babies aren’t all that fun but there should have been at least 1-2 years with George at a fun age post baby, pre MM.

by Anonymousreply 312June 19, 2019 10:20 PM

R310 - Let's not further malign poor Richard III like that. Everyone knows the Duke of Buckingham did it (it would have been as much as the Bard's life was worth not to blacken Richard's name with the Tudors on the throne).

I think we're more in Lady MacBeth territory.

by Anonymousreply 313June 19, 2019 10:20 PM

R277 I rather like “Delusional Frau” myself.

by Anonymousreply 314June 19, 2019 10:21 PM

^*Macbeth

R313

by Anonymousreply 315June 19, 2019 10:21 PM

a senior royal called meghan that...hmm...it is the sun after all so who knows if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 316June 19, 2019 10:32 PM

Do you think harry legitimately thought it was going to last?

by Anonymousreply 317June 19, 2019 10:41 PM

R317 - Interesting question - I take it you mean consciously? He could of course have done it "thinking" it would last but knowing in his gut it wouldn't.

I don't think we'll ever know.

by Anonymousreply 318June 19, 2019 10:44 PM

It's always the ones you least expect, that's why I think the cambs are the ones who will divorce.

by Anonymousreply 319June 19, 2019 10:48 PM

R316 It’s not The Sun, dear...it’s the Times. Different staff, different writers, different editors, different readership. They are published by the same corporation but they are not sister publications, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 320June 19, 2019 10:49 PM

R313 I guess I'm more with Alison Weir on this one, with Richard III being the most likely suspect, but we'll never have the definitive answer. One of the greatest mysteries of British history. I agree about the Lady Macbeth angle though.

by Anonymousreply 321June 19, 2019 10:53 PM

R321 - Richard was a terrible politician but a much better man than given credit for - the North which was his terrirtory liked him and still respects his memory. You have to factor in the lies told about him by everyone toadying to the Tudors after Richmond won. But, true, we'll never know for certain. I don't think they've ever even found the remains of the two boys, have they?

I think the increasing divide between our two current warring houses is going to end in exile for one eventually, and it's not going to be the Cambridges (who will, eventually, actually be the Lancasters when William is King).

by Anonymousreply 322June 19, 2019 11:01 PM

I believe they found two little skeletons in the location they were said to have been put, but never publicly released the dna results.

by Anonymousreply 323June 19, 2019 11:04 PM

Is Angela Levin a credible source? I'm not sure I buy the "hogging all the films" comment, unless Harry said it jokingly.

by Anonymousreply 324June 19, 2019 11:06 PM

I watched Harry and Meghan’s wedding for shits and giggles because, holy crap, what a train wreck, right? The prince and the showgirl. But when Harry looked at Meghan, even my icicle heart melted. I was so shocked, I blurted in amazement, “He loves her!” And everyone in the room who had gathered with me to make fun nodded. This was in rehab, so I’m talking 30 cynical people.

There is no way that dimwit is that good of an actor. He has genuine affection for her. A lot like my German shepherd has for me.

Meghan is easy to make fun of but what, exactly is she guilty off? Having a predatory and transactional approach to husband hunting? Trying too hard? Having a family where the source of funds for her expensive education is unclear? Having issues with her weight? Being smarter than her husband? All these are applicable to Kate as well. Except when Megan showed skin, it was an honest transaction. Unlike miss, “Oh, I had no idea my flimsy skirt might get caught by the wind while I was acting as a representative of the UK. Oopsie!”

Meghan is less palatable and sketchier, but they are hardly archetypes of evil and good. Frankly, they both could have done better. Ok, yeah. Maybe not Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 325June 19, 2019 11:06 PM

For me it’s the presumptuous “modernize the monarchy” stuff, R325. She can fit in if she wants to. I for one like tradition.

by Anonymousreply 326June 19, 2019 11:09 PM

The issue with meghan is compounding. Individually, it's mostly understandable but when it's all one person in a short period of time then it is going to rub people wrong.

by Anonymousreply 327June 19, 2019 11:15 PM

I think MM has an infectious energy as shown in the high school video of her. This whole marriage fascinates me.

by Anonymousreply 328June 19, 2019 11:16 PM

'What protocol? There is no protocol that says pda is not allowed. Cam and charles hold hands and are affectionate with each other in public. Even PP and HM have at times.

PW chose not to be affectionate with kate. He chose not to have a ring made (!) Which is a first for royal men. To not even have one made, let alone wear. Strange'

Bald also waited ten years to marry Kate. He was far from passionately in love with her then and definitely isn't now.

by Anonymousreply 329June 20, 2019 12:15 AM

R289 Oh dear you really are trying hard to pretend to be British and yet "one" failed miserably.

If you were really British you would know a bit more about Kate's family, yes her mother is of working class stock but the Middletons are upper middle class with ties to the aristocracy. You would know her great-grandmother was from a well known political dynasty. You would know for example that her grandfather was a co-pilot with Prince Phillip in WW2, that the Middletons were solicitors and politicians and that Kate's father was born into wealthy family and boarded at a public school. You would know Kate's father had substantial trust funds, enough to start a business and educate his children in some of the best schools in Britain.

Alas you are clueless!

by Anonymousreply 330June 20, 2019 12:27 AM

R325 - What, exactly has she done? She's created divisions between two brothers, cheapened the monarchy, and cost the UK taxpayer millions whilst taking up her progressive valies. For starters.

by Anonymousreply 331June 20, 2019 12:28 AM

^*talking up

by Anonymousreply 332June 20, 2019 12:29 AM

July 4th christening, would she dare?

by Anonymousreply 333June 20, 2019 12:47 AM

I don't think so. America is her target audience and we'll be busy with other stuff so she wont get the attention she wants.

by Anonymousreply 334June 20, 2019 12:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335June 20, 2019 12:59 AM

A check of the Diary of St. George's Chapel for July shows only the usual schedle of Mattins, Holy Communion, and Evening Prayer or Evensong.

However, a check of the royal calendar shows that HM has engagements on 3 July (a garden party at the Palace of Holyrood) and 9 July (visiting Cambridgeshire) - therefore, my guess, given that this has to be in "early July" and on a date when the Queen is Otherwise Engaged to save face, is 3 or 9 July.

No engagements for senior royals besides the Queen are listed in that period, only the usual suspects: Anne, the Kents, the Gloucesters, the Wessexes.

by Anonymousreply 336June 20, 2019 1:11 AM

R329, you sound like you read too many young adult romance novels. There's a difference between falling in love (a feeling) and choosing to love someone after the initial sparks wear off.

by Anonymousreply 337June 20, 2019 1:15 AM

Her Maj should be frank and just say. " I'm not going. You got your picture with me in the public hallway of Windsor Castle, so count your blessings you cloying cunt." Hmm?

by Anonymousreply 338June 20, 2019 1:32 AM

I have to lmfao at the numpty who think Meghan is intelligent and sophistaced! Oooh, don't forget how "jealous" Kate is! You can always tell the Meghan stans by their embarrassing immaturity. You're jealous! You're jealous! Just like a little kid. Is it a prerequisite for Meghan supporters to be so incurably stupid or is that just your natural inclination?

by Anonymousreply 339June 20, 2019 1:56 AM

Queen wasn't at Louis's christening so why should she be at Archie's? Plus they got that photo op with her already. What more does the degree wife expect?

by Anonymousreply 340June 20, 2019 2:09 AM

Degree wife is breaking the very last of her Soho plates over HM shunning the christening of the first-born of the Prince and Princess of Hearts. Or, maybe HM will show up at the end of the day, but she isn't announcing it ahead of time. Poor HRHs.

by Anonymousreply 341June 20, 2019 2:25 AM

^Maybe the IG likes will make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 342June 20, 2019 2:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343June 20, 2019 2:33 AM

A video on the Daily Mail link below from the Order of the Garter shows Camilla seemingly directing Maxima to stop talking and watch the procession. She appears uncertain and confused. I hope it's just a one-off because she seems to ground Charles.

by Anonymousreply 344June 20, 2019 2:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 20, 2019 2:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 20, 2019 2:56 AM

R346 here

Well, perhaps it will be Queen Rose...

by Anonymousreply 347June 20, 2019 2:58 AM

And unless King William outlaws the curtsy, Anne will do it. She’s a princess of the blood - she knows the drill.

by Anonymousreply 348June 20, 2019 3:05 AM

Anne curtsying to Queen Letizia, what a joke that Spanish monarchy is. My Spanish friend who lives Murcia says no one takes the royal family there seriously, they're barely tolerated. Letizia probably has the most plastic surgeries of any Euro royal women. Chin, nose, and eyes on top of botox.

by Anonymousreply 349June 20, 2019 3:24 AM

Letizia is an emaciated, plasticine horror.

by Anonymousreply 350June 20, 2019 3:35 AM

Queen Mum was a right old bitch, Charles was a timid boy who was scared of sister Anne, and Diana thought leaks against her came from Queen Mum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 20, 2019 3:48 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352June 20, 2019 3:53 AM

For those outraged about Harry's alleged comments about the Camb children - he said quite awhile ago that he knew he only had a small window before all the attention would be focused on them. No one thought anything of this.

by Anonymousreply 353June 20, 2019 5:08 AM

Either he loves the attention and wants it to continue and is jealous of his nephews and niece or he hates the attention and wants a more private life.

Which is it, Harry?

by Anonymousreply 354June 20, 2019 5:10 AM

Even here in NZ Diana was crucified in the media until her death, then it was all sacchrine sweetness.

by Anonymousreply 355June 20, 2019 5:32 AM

26 troll posts on this thread alone disappeared by blocking the "William is fucking Rose" poster. Someone is either getting paid, or needs to spend more time out of the basement.

by Anonymousreply 356June 20, 2019 5:41 AM

People here, (Kate or Meghan's haters, the same), need to realize tabloids journalists read twitter and Tumblr, maybe not DL.

They write articles about what people are chatting about. If Kate's fans speaks about the family reunion, they gonna publish about it. If Meghan's fans speak about Rose and the "affair", they gonna publish about it.

It's not PR from KP or SUssex, it's journalists searching for the stories on social medias. If you look at those articles 90% of the time it was on twitter or Tumblr before.

by Anonymousreply 357June 20, 2019 5:49 AM

Harry is an asshole and I'm not surprised if he resents the Cambridge kids because the spotlight gonna be on them when they're 18 years old.

Harry is a pathetic figure but because he's a dumb man-child with mommy issues, people love him. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 358June 20, 2019 5:54 AM

I don't blame Harry for wanting to carve out a new niche for himself. I can see why he thought a bi-racial woman with a modern 'woke', 'humanitarian' image would seem like a great idea, given his love for Africa. I also think people are a lot more sophisticated and tolerant than they used to be, and could have accepted an addition to the BRF who was not the expected aristo English rose. But looking at MM's burger grilling video, the simulated sex scenes on her tv show, the rumours of yachting and casting couching, the outrageous publication of warnings from her own family, the 75K engagement dress, and much more....this woman should never have become a royal duchess at the taxpayers' expense.

by Anonymousreply 359June 20, 2019 6:01 AM

It was obvious at the wedding, Harry loves her much more that she loves him.

I get why people speak about the degree wife. Harry was infatuated when he proposed and married but he didn't really know her. William took his time but he knew Kate inside out, no surprise.

If Harry thinks Meghan deceived him, I wouldn't want to be Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 360June 20, 2019 6:15 AM

Harry has a hot body. I'd fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 361June 20, 2019 6:34 AM

I watched the wedding with a group of friends, and at the time was still kind of rooting for Meghan in spite of the engagement dress and engagement interview (which I thought was slightly cringey). I remember we were pretty much split between "awwwww!" and "why does she have this weird pasted robo smile on her face, why is her expression not changing?" I still think she was weirdly "on" during the ceremony, almost as if she were acting a role rather than living it.

I don't think she loved him even then. I think she loved the idea of him, the status and fame marriage to him would bring her, his deep voice and his British accent etc. But I don't think she loved *him.*

Since last year out of those of us who thought the wedding was fine and romantic, all but 2 have come around to thinking our lady of the ill-fitting couture is a fakey mcfakerson.

by Anonymousreply 362June 20, 2019 6:39 AM

I think she was high as a kite during the wedding and he was an emotional mess.

by Anonymousreply 363June 20, 2019 6:42 AM

I'm pretty sure the DM found the "omg Meghan is pimping a friend's for-profit yoga business on her official ig account!" story from t'internet gossipfraus R357 - and I'm sure there is some degree of chicken or egg going on regarding tabloid/internet/public attention paid to various celebs. But I don't think any of that means that there aren't highly skilled and busy PR teams behind every single member of the BRF. PR drives a healthy chunk of tabloid and gossip media (talking about famous ppl in general here, not just royal ones) and to think otherwise is imo pretty naive.

by Anonymousreply 364June 20, 2019 6:45 AM

R364 I didn't say there's no PR push, just less than people think.

Some people think KP , the Sussex or their fav Vilain Carole Middleton control the press and every articles. If there's a bad article about Meghan it comes from the Jaleous Cambs. If there's a bad article about Kate, it comes from the SUssex.

They just don't have this kind of power.

by Anonymousreply 365June 20, 2019 6:49 AM

Meghan fans trying to turn the sad story of an injured elderly woman and a motorcycle outrider (almost certainly not paid well, and almost certainly out of a job now) are gross. Come on. I doubt he was even an employee of the Cambridges.

I hope the woman is OK, I think it fitting of she is offered some compensation from the Cambridges (especially if her injuries result in anything permanent) as a gesture of goodwill and, well, because they can afford it, and I hope the motorcycle rider is found not to have been at fault.

by Anonymousreply 366June 20, 2019 6:50 AM

Got you, R365 - and now that you've put it like that, i actually totally agree. PR driven stories are usually easy to spot, but there are definitely wholes swatches of the fandoms (on either side) who automatically assume ANY even slightly negative story about their fav is the doing of their fav's evil nemesis. Celebitchy genuinely seems to believe Carole Middleton is a Bond villain level press manipulator who has been out to destroy her daughter's brother in law's wife since day 1 and those on the Team Meg Sucks (I am one myself) often seem too willing to believe gthe Rose story is 100% the work of Evil Sussex PR.

Imo the main point against that theory is that Meghan would be in huge amounts of real trouble if she was found to be feeding highly negative cheating stories about the Cambridges to the media. That would be crossing a line she wouldn't be able to go back from with her husband's family and it would be a total shitstorm (probably not one we would see any direct evidence of, but ain't no one in the BRF putting up with one of their own badmouthing the future King to the tabs).

by Anonymousreply 367June 20, 2019 6:56 AM

"wholes swatches" = whole swathes, oh dear me

by Anonymousreply 368June 20, 2019 6:56 AM

R367 I think the Rose story can come from the Sussex.

It was just some mild gossip about how Will and Kate life is not that perfect and turned into a PR nightmare for KP.

Anyway, someone, somewhere started this story and I doubt it was the Cambs, the Chumley or any Aristo friend. Those people don't like to be in the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 369June 20, 2019 7:05 AM

From the way the RF are keeping as far away from MM....not just in life, but in physical distance ( TOC balcony ) I think it's pretty obvious that they feel / think that she is a grass. Everything is so tense when she is present. A total 360 when she isn't.

by Anonymousreply 370June 20, 2019 7:12 AM

I think Harry and Kate are in love and that's why H&M don't live at KP, why there's tension between the brothers, why Kate cried before the wedding, why TRF is split, and why Harry isn't often around his nephew and niece.

Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 371June 20, 2019 7:13 AM

R370 I hope you realize "a total 360" means the opposite of what you want to say.

by Anonymousreply 372June 20, 2019 7:15 AM

Go to sleep you're drunk R371.

by Anonymousreply 373June 20, 2019 7:15 AM

r369 a self proclaimed royal blogger and Meghan supporter named Nicole Cliffe made up the rumors about Prince William and she admitted it herself on her social media. Her Sussex squad teamed up to spread the hashtag princewilliamaffair all over Twitter and make it go viral. I saw this personally when they were discussing it. This was immediately after the talk of her sex tape was going around.

by Anonymousreply 374June 20, 2019 7:18 AM

About Camilla......a few of us have seen little instances where we think that something might be off with her health. I hope she is ok. There has also been something else that I couldn't put my finger on, until now, after seeing a picture upthread. Her makeup is totally different. I first noticed it with a still of that saucy wink, during the Trump visit. Her eyes are really defined, with darker, fuller mascara, as are her brows. Her eyes are looking fabulous, and it got me wondering whether a professional was now applying her makeup. This would sadly make me think that yes, her health is failing, if tasks like this were becoming a problem. She's never been one for much more than a slick of lippie and a bit of powder, but recent pictures of her show her makeup to be totally different. I must say, it looks great.

by Anonymousreply 375June 20, 2019 7:20 AM

Lol R370, glad you caught that. I'm only on my first coffee and my maths is crap. Thanks, lol.

by Anonymousreply 376June 20, 2019 7:22 AM

R374 I don't speak about Nicole, I speak about the very first article saying Kate has ostracized Rose for whatever reason.

Nicole Cliffe jumped on it after with her fake gossip. I just wonder who started this story at the very beginning, even before the Rose affair rumor.

by Anonymousreply 377June 20, 2019 7:22 AM

Thanks poster above for the Queen Mother docu, saved that to watch.

by Anonymousreply 378June 20, 2019 7:23 AM

"When I gave the speech for International Women's Day , and UN Secretary General Bahn Ki-Moon led the STANDING OVATION, I thought "This right here, this is the point." " - Meghan Markle, "How To Be Both".

Well, lookie here, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379June 20, 2019 7:30 AM

Rachel is the Queen of Self-aggrandizing.

by Anonymousreply 380June 20, 2019 7:33 AM

@325 yes, Harry DID love her but that was last year and did you check out his family? It was like the Royals were at a funeral when they weren't mugging and snickering over the fire and brimstone preacher. Watch it again, maybe with the sound off, you'll see much more. Andrew is pissed and the Queen, dour. Harry doesn't love Meghan anymore it's obvious the thrill is gone his Oxytocin high has crashed and burned. She probably sucked fucked pegged tossed salads and sex magicked his ass all over the world but he's over it. Of course, he would be. Prime female flesh is throwing itself at him on the daily. Who needs to keep fucking crazy?

by Anonymousreply 381June 20, 2019 7:51 AM

^^ @R325

by Anonymousreply 382June 20, 2019 7:51 AM

Here's the video of R379. It's the one where her chest turns red and gets more and more mottled as she goes along. By the end it looks like a white handprint between her tits.

Best comments:

[quote]A true speech from her heart and experience. Not from any paper..... She is admiring...... Ur power is contagious

[quote]Am sure the royal family looked at this - she has no cue cards - it says a lot

[quote]No cue cards - she is just genuine

What do these dolts think the prompters on either side of her are, sneeze shields?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 20, 2019 7:59 AM

Lol could only stomach the beginning and the end R383, no sign of a standing ovation, eh? Duchess is a little liar.

Makes me laugh " I'm proud to be a woman ". Well it was 50/50 at birth, and I'm sure she would have been " proud to be a man" if things had turned out differently.

The fake feminism is nauseating. Especially now.

That mottling, wtf? Can't be nerves, she looked as though she strode through her speech. And wouldn't nerves lessen as she went along?

by Anonymousreply 384June 20, 2019 8:16 AM

Ridiculous if true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385June 20, 2019 8:29 AM

Those kind of stories are so bad for them, make them look desperate and insecure.

by Anonymousreply 386June 20, 2019 8:43 AM

r289 What are the measures used to determine the suitability of foreigners?

by Anonymousreply 387June 20, 2019 9:29 AM

R386, Speaking of desperate and insecure, here's the real reason QE II isn't going to Harry's 1st child's christening, and cue the overly aggressive trolls. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388June 20, 2019 9:41 AM

No one take those youtube channels seriously.

by Anonymousreply 389June 20, 2019 9:52 AM

This royal "firm" has a really incompetent communication culture between their "departments".

I mean, they make the rules themselves. If marrying a working royal means that you also become one, there needs to be a much better professional oversight and mandatory training.. They are kind of like diplomats.. Ambassadors.. Imagine the wife of an ambassador automatically became ambasadoress or whatever, its deranged.

by Anonymousreply 390June 20, 2019 9:59 AM

R389, No worries if you don't choose to watch certain videos. I get plenty of "Likes" from others who appreciate my effort at posting links.

By the way I'm certainly not the only one who's posting links to this particular channel. Anyone who's eyes are open can see the writing on the wall re what's being said re Plan B.

by Anonymousreply 391June 20, 2019 10:00 AM

I people really wanted to modernize the royal family, they should end the sexist tradition of for ing the wife of a royal to do the same job as him. She should be working on someting on her own. Like.. A first lady. The first lady has a title but does not represent the president..

by Anonymousreply 392June 20, 2019 10:04 AM

R390, Agreed. I've said variations of your point of view from Day-1. However MM has had absolutely no desire to conform to BRF expectations, quite the opposite. She got into a major tiff with one of her assistants because she point blank refused to wear stockings or tights, a BRF clear requirement set by QE II. So why would anyone expect her to obey any other rules of protocol?

by Anonymousreply 393June 20, 2019 10:04 AM

R390 No one obliges them to become working Royal. Anne's husband is not a working Royal.

The problem is it would be hard for Harry's or William's wife to have a normal private job. Sophie tried and it was a failure.

by Anonymousreply 394June 20, 2019 10:07 AM

Is there any actual proof that Harry cheated on Chelsy? Looking back at there pictures, he seemed to be genuinely in love with her. It’s hard for me to believe he would risk a relationship that made him his happiest but then again, I don’t know the mind of straight men.

by Anonymousreply 395June 20, 2019 10:20 AM

A nice shot of Countess Mountbatten, yesterday.

Does anyone know the cornflower blue connection, particularly from the first day? William was wearing a cornflowwer badge/brooch. I did see somewhere it was representative of a past RF member, but I can't find the link, now.

For a change , today, being Ladies Day, I'm going to have a guess that HM will be in pink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396June 20, 2019 10:20 AM

R395 There's no more proof Harry cheated on Chelsy than William cheated on Kate.

That depends on the narrative you believe.

by Anonymousreply 397June 20, 2019 10:22 AM

I saw some speculation that the cornflower blue was a tribute to Prince Albert, in honor of his 200th birthday. The cornflower is the national flower of Germany. Not sure if that's it or if it's just a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 398June 20, 2019 10:34 AM

Thanks R398, that's what I saw, I just couldn't remember it #FluMeds

by Anonymousreply 399June 20, 2019 10:36 AM

With the Royal Foundation Split being discussed today at a Trust meeting, it appears madam created The Royal Sussex Foundation on 27th April, this year, in advance. Lets watch this space.

by Anonymousreply 400June 20, 2019 10:39 AM

As in, she registered the domain name.

by Anonymousreply 401June 20, 2019 10:39 AM

Fashion is front and centre today and I can recall when the lampshade hats first appeared on the fashion catwalk in the early 90s I did opine that this was the last thing we would ever see on the street. But they did appear at race meetings – at Epsom at the 1991 Derby and at Royal Ascot in 2000- Guardian Royal Ascot feed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402June 20, 2019 10:49 AM

r400 royalsussexfoundation.co.uk was registered by an Arizona address. Who does MeMe know in Arizona that is 54?

by Anonymousreply 403June 20, 2019 10:51 AM

MM was assigned one of QE's most senior aides for 6 months to teach her royal protocol. So her behaviour is not from lack of training or supervision.

by Anonymousreply 404June 20, 2019 10:56 AM

Meghan just thinks she knows better because she an "Holywood actress".

She will never listen to Courtiers.

by Anonymousreply 405June 20, 2019 10:59 AM

R403 the Sussex Royal copyright address was also registered in April, by a man of/at an address in Malta. It's so SHADY.

by Anonymousreply 406June 20, 2019 11:02 AM

Just saw another excellent nickname for them - Mrs Common & Mr Wealth. There's so many good ones: Ginge & Cringe, Slag & Hag. Anyone have any more?

by Anonymousreply 407June 20, 2019 11:03 AM

R415, If you watch the video I posted at R388 then you'd understand MM's issues & intentions goes way, way beyond her stubborn refusal to listen to Courtiers. If I were a British taxpayer I'd be in absolute rebellion re paying for MM's antics.

by Anonymousreply 408June 20, 2019 11:04 AM

Mrs Common and Mr Wealth LMAO

by Anonymousreply 409June 20, 2019 11:10 AM

As I recall from the interview, Harry was looking forward to the day when George and Charlotte would grab all the headlines or however he put it. It wasn't in a jealous or nasty way toward the Cambridge kids at all. It was looking towards the future and acknowledging that the popularity of royals is fleeting and always taken over by the younger royal set.

And Harry WAS the "fun uncle" who raised hell running around with the kids. When they were still on good terms they used to talk about it.

Doesn't mean he isn't dim and spoiled. Doesn't mean he wasn't stupid to marry the Markle grifter. It just means that constantly finding "new" reasons to dislike him on no evidence whatsoever is rather dim in itself.

by Anonymousreply 410June 20, 2019 11:16 AM

R410 I'm all ready to believe he is the "fun uncle", he has the mental age to get along Georges and Charlotte, but we don't really see it during engagements, do we?

by Anonymousreply 411June 20, 2019 11:26 AM

How can anyone watch that UN video and not realize what a narcissist MM is. She's a textbook example, almost to the point of being cartoonish.

by Anonymousreply 412June 20, 2019 11:28 AM

If he was the "fun uncle" we would have seen plenty of media pics to help with his white-washing campaign.

by Anonymousreply 413June 20, 2019 11:29 AM

Markle arrives at Ascot ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 20, 2019 11:32 AM

R414, The way that man in the suit looks at her . . .

by Anonymousreply 415June 20, 2019 11:34 AM

I think the "fun uncle" role in the Cambridge kids's life is played by uncle Mike Tindall, not Harry.

by Anonymousreply 416June 20, 2019 11:34 AM

Whatever, ladies, there have been interviews. The Cambridges have mentioned how he was the fun, raising hell uncle with the kids. This was in pre-Megan days, obviously not since the rift between the brothers which must be very sad for the kids.

by Anonymousreply 417June 20, 2019 11:35 AM

They probably had to say that in interviews, they couldn't exactly say he was the drunk uncle.

by Anonymousreply 418June 20, 2019 11:37 AM

So Markle didn't want to meet the orange traitor, can't blame her there, then she forced herself into the Trooping when nobody wanted or expected her there, and now she's not at Ascot.

I don't get it, why would she miss out on a high profile, big publicity show like Ascot?

by Anonymousreply 419June 20, 2019 11:38 AM

Eugenie is at Ascot again, presenting a trophy, today.

Here are some throwback Ascot pics of Fergie, and the Queen Mother. Swipe right.

by Anonymousreply 420June 20, 2019 11:39 AM

No, there aren't any throwback pics there, but there are here, hahahaha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 20, 2019 11:40 AM

Even without clicking on R388 I suspect it's Danja Zone. It has the whiff of crazy about it. She's stealing Skippie's people. Reptilian royals beats silicone baby I guess.

by Anonymousreply 422June 20, 2019 11:40 AM

Camilla is in the early stages of Alzheimers. The question is, will Charles relinquish the throne so he can care for her in her final years?

by Anonymousreply 423June 20, 2019 11:42 AM

R419, because she has to walk around, when out of the carriage, and we'll see that she's the size of a two bedroom bungalow?

by Anonymousreply 424June 20, 2019 11:42 AM

R422, We're all here for light entertainment, a relief for the day's stress. Watch the video and then report back if there's any validity to even a little bit of it.

by Anonymousreply 425June 20, 2019 11:43 AM

Of course he won't R423.

by Anonymousreply 426June 20, 2019 11:43 AM

MM is too fat for ascot but she's already making plans on how to work her new look for the christening

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427June 20, 2019 11:44 AM

My mistake - she made it after all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428June 20, 2019 11:45 AM

That's a vile thing to do to an elephant. I hope it stomps its handler to death.

by Anonymousreply 429June 20, 2019 11:46 AM

R408 is here yet again, genuinely thinking that cynical gay men are going to take Danja Zone's crackpot videos seriously. Comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 430June 20, 2019 11:47 AM

Howling! ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 431June 20, 2019 11:49 AM

much easier to bullshit your way on a balcony v. the Queen's own little horse party.

by Anonymousreply 432June 20, 2019 11:50 AM

Post partum Meg is still thinner than lumpy Fugenie.

by Anonymousreply 433June 20, 2019 11:53 AM

Yuge is just big boned.

by Anonymousreply 434June 20, 2019 11:55 AM

All bets suspended on the Queen's Hat Stakes.

I'm going with Pink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 20, 2019 11:56 AM

Danja Zone at R388 has decided that the hand and arm covered in wiry fair hair in Archie's picture actually belongs to Jessica M's husband Ben. She shows 'proof'...and Ben has dark hair on his arm. How any DLer can believe this is beyond me, but it's so amusing that you do.

Larries also say shit like this. They had a whole saga about Louis Tomlinson's baby's photo being a pic of his publicist's child. It's always the PR people who are in cahoots.

by Anonymousreply 436June 20, 2019 12:00 PM

Haha, love this picture of Lizzie from yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437June 20, 2019 12:01 PM

Ladies Day hats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438June 20, 2019 12:06 PM

R425. Since you posted the link I'm sure you know what's there. Danja Zone aka Ashli has "proof" the royals are a reptilian race hiding among humans, that Harry is a shape shifter and that Diana was forced to do a blood sacrifice from her vagina (because blood sacrifice and lizard people wasn't silly enough so we had to add vaginal scraping). That woman must be high as a kite, crazy as a loon or both.

I'm waiting for the fight between Skippy's fans and Ashli's.

by Anonymousreply 439June 20, 2019 12:06 PM

The carriage list is in.

No Sussexes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440June 20, 2019 12:08 PM

Reply [397] that’s what I figured. I never thought Harry loved Meghan despite all the PDA because he never looked at her like he looked at Chelsy.

by Anonymousreply 441June 20, 2019 12:17 PM

TBT.

Royal Ascot through the years in pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442June 20, 2019 12:20 PM

Her Majesty has a horse running today, Eightsome Reel.

Tomorrow it's Magnetic Charm and Sextant. She had a couple run earlier in the week but I don't think they won. She does win quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 443June 20, 2019 12:22 PM

I think it's running in the same race that Eugenie will present the winners trophy to, R443. Fingers crossed for Liz!

by Anonymousreply 444June 20, 2019 12:25 PM

Here we go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445June 20, 2019 12:30 PM

I hope some serious people will look closely at the Sussex Foundation money.

I would not trust Rachel to look after my purse for 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 446June 20, 2019 12:32 PM

Harry and William started that charity together, didn't they?

Why does the Queen not put her foot down with these two and insist that they stop this nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 447June 20, 2019 12:41 PM

the cries of racism will fill the air

by Anonymousreply 448June 20, 2019 12:41 PM

R430, R431, Comedy gold, of course, and that's why I'm posting it. Sharing lite entertainment with DL. Just hearing her deep Southern accent makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 449June 20, 2019 12:45 PM

I believe Harry was with Cresida Bonas when he had his naked romp in Vegas.

All this talk about the BRF being ambassadors, professional-like diplomats...what a joke that notion is.

Let's see. We have pervie Andie, who has kowtowed to brutish dictators in countries such as Kazakhstan for gifts and money. The son of Kazakhstan's president curried favor with Andy by buying his Sunninghill home for over 3 million pounds the asking price. Andy continues to allow himself to be seen in public with convicted pedophile J Epstein...photos of Andie with a victim of sex trafficking.

Andrew is a dark (shit) stain on the BRF. HIs behavior has been appalling. Don't talk about the lofty role of the BRF as world ambassadors - it is clear members of the BRF (not just Andie - Prince Michael and his money-hungry Nazi father wife, among others) hang out with the worlds' worst dictators for money.

Andie puts the filth in filthy lucre. Utterly rubbish and disgusting person.

by Anonymousreply 450June 20, 2019 12:51 PM

And here is Queen Elizabeth welcoming her friend Crown Prince MBS into her home, all smiles.

Crown Prince MBS, who ordered an American resident and journalist for the WAPO to be savagely murdered. He oversees the execution of teenagers who are LGBT or supposedly engaged in defying the theocracy. He supports the oppression of women. He supports the beheadings of impoverished foreign workers who have tried to defend themselves from rape and violence.

Ah, but he gifts the Queen wonderful horses. And no doubt, that basement at Buckingham Palace is full of fabulous jewels gifted to the Queen by her Saudi friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451June 20, 2019 12:57 PM

Rachel registered her new foundation's domain through GoDaddy, just like she did The Tig. You couldn't make that up.

by Anonymousreply 452June 20, 2019 12:59 PM

Not to kill your argument of course, but hanging out with Dictators is precisely Ambassador job.

by Anonymousreply 453June 20, 2019 1:00 PM

Yes r450 and you think the British State is any different from the BRF? Do you some how think HM non-royal Ambassadors are whiter than white? They cosy up to dictators for money for the British State (how many arms have we sold to Saudi now?), they are friendly with the world's worst when it suits them. They piouslyspout the British State's narrative and justify dealing with rogue states and dictators, whilst countries they don't like are seen as malign influences. Anyone who has ever paid the slightest bit of attention to the UK and it's history of colonising 2/3rds of the globe via massacre's, genocide, enslavement and crimes against humanity knows that their hands are not clean.

The BRF exist as ambassadors of the British State, they are the smiley face of the British State, the distraction if you will.

r451 Yes MBS is believed to have killed that journalist and what has the West done, hmm? Have we stopped selling arms to Saudi? Have we demanded extraditions? Have we imposed sanctions on the Saudi's? The West talks much about their rules based system but when they or their friends break it, nothing ever happens.

Anyway back to gossip, what colour was the Queen's hat? Was it pink or she still in blue?

by Anonymousreply 454June 20, 2019 1:02 PM

All MM's Stans are very excited because they think that W & K stole all the credit for the foundation from Meghan, even though she has only been there for 5 mins. Check our _duchess_of_sussex on instagram if you want to throw up in your mouth.

R450 Randy Andy is incredible and I am here for him

by Anonymousreply 455June 20, 2019 1:03 PM

^^^ check out

by Anonymousreply 456June 20, 2019 1:04 PM

R437 - The shit storm created by Duchess Degree's arrival in the family has finally made the Queen loopy. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 457June 20, 2019 1:04 PM

I was wrong, The Queen is in silver/grey/lilac. Not pink. Live on ITV, now.

by Anonymousreply 458June 20, 2019 1:04 PM

Zara in teal, looking fabulous. Anne in mint. Eugenie in teal. Autumn Phillips is so pretty in floral.

by Anonymousreply 459June 20, 2019 1:07 PM

R449 is it for comedic value that you've been posting the "it's not Harry's arm, it's Ben Mulroney's" and "the ring looks different" for the last 2 threads with claims of "proof from the internet? Gurl, you've been posting that the Sussexes has a reborn doll at the photocall and that the surrogate had the baby. You called Ashli a neonatal nurse and talked about fused fingers (in true reptilian fashion).

Imma call BS on the light entertainment story. My guess is that you're a straight up nutter trying to drive traffic to Danja Zone's youtube videos.

We see you. Just let us know when the Skippy v Ashli fight starts. Popcorn at the ready.

by Anonymousreply 460June 20, 2019 1:10 PM

R450 Andy is magnificent behold his beauty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461June 20, 2019 1:14 PM

Chuck is the only Royal man who has never been hot.

Young Andrew and Edwards looked good.

by Anonymousreply 462June 20, 2019 1:17 PM

Out of interest R462, why do you call him Chuck? that's a very American thing no-one in Britain would shorten his name to Chuck, or is that the point?

by Anonymousreply 463June 20, 2019 1:26 PM

Zara in teal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464June 20, 2019 1:27 PM

The Phillips carriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465June 20, 2019 1:27 PM

R463 I just like how Chuck sounds. It suits him I think. No hidden meaning.

by Anonymousreply 466June 20, 2019 1:27 PM

R464 R465 Thanks for sharing, I love Zara's hat

by Anonymousreply 467June 20, 2019 1:29 PM

R465 = Aren't the husbands suppose to be opposite of their wives? Peter is opposite is sister Zara and Mike is opposite of Peter's wife Autumn Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 468June 20, 2019 1:29 PM

The Queen's carriage with Andrew, Anne and Tim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469June 20, 2019 1:31 PM

Granny should read the riot act - Princess Eugenie should have some sleeves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470June 20, 2019 1:32 PM

Can you imagine the in-fighting over those carriage seats? Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 471June 20, 2019 1:34 PM

Anne has appeared to have fallen asleep. No, she's probably bowing her head. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472June 20, 2019 1:35 PM

The Fermoy and Fairfax carriage. Aren't the Fermoys related to Diana?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473June 20, 2019 1:36 PM

Anne's hat looks lovely from this angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474June 20, 2019 1:37 PM

R343 -"hogging all the films" is a bit different from saying good humouredly that you know you're going to be increasingly irrelevant as you head into middle age as the sixth in line than the future Heir's youthful brood of handsome future heirs . . .

To say that it was, er, badly phrased, is an understatement.

by Anonymousreply 475June 20, 2019 1:37 PM

There are even bets on the colour of the Queen's outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476June 20, 2019 1:38 PM

R470 Why would the Queen do that? Sleeveless is allowed, strapless or off the shoulder isn't

by Anonymousreply 477June 20, 2019 1:39 PM

Meghan Markle to make Royal Family 'more successful than Kardashians' – expert claims.

Oh.My.God.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478June 20, 2019 1:39 PM

Well said, R460. The credulous Danja advocate will now come at you with the childish slur 'Megastan' and exhort you to 'return to Celebitchy, namaste.'

I think Skippy gets her ideas from Danja's channel. Danja is a bigger deal than Tumblr Skippy.

by Anonymousreply 479June 20, 2019 1:40 PM

'... the sixth in line than the future Heir's youthful brood of handsome future heirs . . .'

By your own reasoning, Charlotte and Louis are irrelevant. They are their generation's Harry. Spares.

by Anonymousreply 480June 20, 2019 1:42 PM

R473 - Yes. Lady Ruth Fermoy was Diana's grandmother, and a close friend of the Queen Mother. She was a feudal snob. For the record, when Diana's parents divorced and a custody battle ensued, Lady Fermoy went into the witness box and testified on behalf of her son-in-law (who after all was an Earl and Lady Fermoy was a fervent supporter of the hereditary peerage and nobility system that she had been so thrilled to join) and against her daughter. Frances never forgave her mother. It was a huge society scandal at the time.

by Anonymousreply 481June 20, 2019 1:43 PM

R478 - Because, as we all know, they're such abysmal failures now.

by Anonymousreply 482June 20, 2019 1:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483June 20, 2019 1:45 PM

Gabriella is lovely but what is this dress ?

by Anonymousreply 484June 20, 2019 1:46 PM

Reading it is one thing, R475, seeing and hearing him say whatever he said is something else and gives you a lot more information. Words are just 1/10th of how we give people information, the other 9/10ths can't be written on a page.

If you truly believe that he said something horrible about the Cambridge children, and said it publicly, and meant it in the way you keep insisting on, suit yourself.

I saw the interview, I remember him looking forward to the kids taking over the spotlight and it wasn't horrible at all. That's really all I can tell you. If you wish to know more, find the interview and watch it yourself. I'm sure it's still around somewhere, these things never die.

by Anonymousreply 485June 20, 2019 1:46 PM

No mention of Royal Sussex at Charity Commission page yet only the Royal Foundation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486June 20, 2019 1:46 PM

R475 FWIW "hogging all the films" is a quote from Angela Levin. Those aren't Harry's words, they are her interpretation of what he meant.

by Anonymousreply 487June 20, 2019 1:46 PM

R478 If Meghan really wanna compete with the Kardashian it's the end of the British Monarchy.

King Charles + Brexit + Meghan, I see how it could destroy everything. I doubt Georges will ever be King.

by Anonymousreply 488June 20, 2019 1:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489June 20, 2019 1:48 PM

Is there some reason his dogs can't walk?

by Anonymousreply 490June 20, 2019 1:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491June 20, 2019 1:52 PM

Dark forest green really suits Eugenie. She looks slimmer and healthier than in that teal and yellow number a couple days ago.

by Anonymousreply 492June 20, 2019 1:59 PM

Brexit won't destroy the UK. Uncontrolled immigration from Eastern Europe was destroying small English market towns like Boston. The murder rate has soared, as has crime.

by Anonymousreply 493June 20, 2019 2:00 PM

The Duchess of Gloucester is 73 today. Tomorrow, it's Prince William's birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494June 20, 2019 2:01 PM

R410, I agree. I didn't know the original quote so didn't comment, but I assumed it was probably said in a joking way (I mean, he's that dumb ....)

by Anonymousreply 495June 20, 2019 2:01 PM

William will then be the oldest looking 37 year old in England.

by Anonymousreply 496June 20, 2019 2:02 PM

"before George and Charlotte start hogging all the films"

I certainly will if I can.

by Anonymousreply 497June 20, 2019 2:07 PM

How did Camden Puliknen sneak in for 2 GPs?

by Anonymousreply 498June 20, 2019 2:12 PM

^oops, that was meant for the figure skating topic

by Anonymousreply 499June 20, 2019 2:12 PM

I'm in two minds about the royal foundation split. Glad for william and Kate but megsy won't take this lying down. She'll want her foundation to be bigger and better. The single leading global humanitarian brand and I feel the queen and Charles will just give her and harry whatever they want. I wish someone would put their foot down. I wish william and Kate start fighting dirty.

More importantly, she'll want oprah and the clooneys to get involved her foundation. That way it will more famous the the Cambridges. All she's wanted was to be Hollywood famous and the attention of Hollywood. I hope they're not allowed to run away with their foundation and do whatever. Put some limits on!

by Anonymousreply 500June 20, 2019 2:17 PM

Photos of the Queen on Day 3 of Ascot. The sun is really making the Queen squint a lot. She should wear sunglasses more than she does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501June 20, 2019 2:18 PM

The Royal Command Variety Performance is no longer as grand as it used to be. The Queen and Margaret in 1953.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502June 20, 2019 2:21 PM

The Queen dancing in Ghana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503June 20, 2019 2:22 PM

R501, since moving to the UK I've noticed many Brits aren't as careful with sun protection than Americans. I suspect that contributes to why many of them don't age well. (The Queen looks fantastic, though!)

by Anonymousreply 504June 20, 2019 2:23 PM

On Throwback Thursday, here is an Ascot photo of the Queen with Sarah Ferguson's late father Ronald. Speaking of Fergie, has anyone spotted her making a fool out of herself at Ascot this year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505June 20, 2019 2:24 PM

Diana wearing Queen Mary's jewels. Do you like it as a choker or headband? For me, it looks better as a choker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506June 20, 2019 2:26 PM

The Queen with a young Prince Edward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507June 20, 2019 2:28 PM

Here's a more contemporary take on the interview with Harry and a link. It's not to the interview itself but to an article about it. No "hogging the camera" quote and I was off too. It wasn't looking forward to getting out of the spotlight. It was doing something good while they still had the spotlight.

[quote] Confessing he was “a little nervous, a little tight in the chest” about the interview, the Prince said he was determined to make a difference while the younger members of the Royal family are “still interesting” to the public, doing his bit before Prince George, Princess Charlotte and any of his own future children step into the spotlight.

It's in the televised interview he did on getting counseling, dealing with Diana's death years later, starting Heads Together with William and Kate. I think it was a half hour program and it's probably available online but I'm not going looking for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508June 20, 2019 2:28 PM

Anne is the Queen's only child who has maintained a steady weight over the years. Edward is a close second.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509June 20, 2019 2:29 PM

Camilla's close up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510June 20, 2019 2:30 PM

Great pic of Eugenie's hat.

Yay or Nay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511June 20, 2019 2:30 PM

Photos of Elizabeth and Philip's first meeting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512June 20, 2019 2:32 PM

Sophie tried something.....different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513June 20, 2019 2:32 PM

The Queen with her favorite child, Prince Andrew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514June 20, 2019 2:33 PM

Oh dear, what is Sophie wearing. Oh dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515June 20, 2019 2:34 PM

Anne and Camilla sharing a laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516June 20, 2019 2:36 PM

Eugenie looks lovely in green, Sophie looks like a mess.

by Anonymousreply 517June 20, 2019 2:36 PM

The Danish-born Duchess of Gloucester with Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518June 20, 2019 2:37 PM

Ill fitting outfits, boring colors, hanging price tags....we must have very low standards today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519June 20, 2019 2:39 PM

In that photo above, Sophie looks like a performer in a circus.

by Anonymousreply 520June 20, 2019 2:41 PM

Good God, Sophie should fire her stylist. She's worn about four horrid outfits in a row.

by Anonymousreply 521June 20, 2019 2:41 PM

Diana and Prince Andrew at the Trooping The Colour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522June 20, 2019 2:42 PM

Zara looked better today and Autumn was lovely too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523June 20, 2019 2:44 PM

Kate's smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524June 20, 2019 2:46 PM

International Fashion Icon?????

World Fashion Award????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525June 20, 2019 2:47 PM

A closer look at the Queen's outfit. The embroidery on her coat matches the color of the hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526June 20, 2019 2:48 PM

A slide show of the Queen's Ascot fashions over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527June 20, 2019 2:50 PM

Camilla has worn her big aquamarine choker for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528June 20, 2019 2:52 PM

Kate was reared the right way by the Middletons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529June 20, 2019 2:54 PM

A younger George.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530June 20, 2019 2:55 PM

In the images at R524 you can definitely see that Kate had her nose done. That old nose was very unflattering. Do you think she would introduce people to her surgeon?

by Anonymousreply 531June 20, 2019 2:57 PM

Since joining the BRF, what do you think MM should have done differently and what difference do you think it would have made?

by Anonymousreply 532June 20, 2019 3:23 PM

Nothing. Well, in part - nothing she did would have changed the reaction. They all go through it. Diana, Kate, Fergie, they all get a lot of stick in the press and from the public. If they make it, they can become beloved members of the royal family.

What she could have done differently was to slow down on marriage (but she would have lost him and she should have lost him, she is unsuitable). What she could have done differently was to dress appropriately in British designers IN Britain (not France). She could have chosen not to wear the pregnant coat to Eugenie's wedding when she didn't need a fucking pregnant coat for a fetus the size of a lima bean (if that). I actually think that awful move at Eug's wedding sealed Markle's fate with the Windsors. She should never have demanded the emerald tiara for her wedding nor pitched a fucking fit when the Queen said no. She should not have been a miserable bridezilla, treating Charlotte like shit and making Kate cry. She should not have treated long-time royal staff (or anyone else) like Harvey Weinstein treated people (not the rapey part, the screaming and treating them like serfs part). She should not have pushed her way into Trooping the Color when she was supposed to be on maternity leave and had just snubbed the fake President of the United States (for which I do not blame her, I'd have done the same, but you asked). She should not have given an interview to Gayle King first. She wants to be a British Princess - fucking act like one.

She's difficult and spoiled and self-centered and truly ME ME ME AGAIN! That smirk she wore at ToC was repellent. Did she play a cunt on that tv show? Was she even watchable? (not a Suits watcher)

by Anonymousreply 533June 20, 2019 3:35 PM

R532: Wrong: behaved like an actress performing instead of a humble newly minted Duchess who owed her new-found fame, wealth, status, and security to the British Royal Family; dressed inappropriately and too expensively, wore too few British designers; tried to stand out rather than fit in; spouted bullshit about feminism when everyone knew she owed her one decent acting jo to her first husand, and her celebrity and wealth to her second one; and viewed her position as one meriing constant competition with the future King and Queen of Great Britain; not reading the handwriting on the wall when the Queen took Harry aside to inform him that his bitch's attitude needed readjustment after Tiaragate; announced her insivisble pregnancy at the Queen's flesh and blook granddaughter's televised wedding thus deflectin attention from the bride; and not listening to people who tried to tell her the danger to a constituional monarchy of reducing it to cheap celebrity. Did I forget to mention ruthlessly inflicting probably permanent damage to the relationship between Harry and his brother?

What she should have done differently is the opposite of everything in the list above.

by Anonymousreply 534June 20, 2019 3:38 PM

^Apologies for the typos above. Typing on a train. But you get my drift . . .

R534

by Anonymousreply 535June 20, 2019 3:39 PM

All her PR was wrong from the beginning. Meghan is the 8th World Wonder who gonna save the dusty British Monarchy by the Power of mixed-race and Instagram philosophy.

The over-hyped killed her because she couldn't deliver.

She needs to eat some humble pie and accept to learn.

by Anonymousreply 536June 20, 2019 3:41 PM

Autumn and Peter Phillips. Oh hell, Peter is trying out his Harry beard look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537June 20, 2019 3:42 PM

Autumn looks summery, Eugenie looks a mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538June 20, 2019 3:43 PM

They look like a lovely couple.

by Anonymousreply 539June 20, 2019 3:43 PM

The Phillips' and Tindalls at Ascot today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540June 20, 2019 3:44 PM

Peter Phillips and his Canadian-born wife Autumn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541June 20, 2019 3:45 PM

Photos of Day 3 at Ascot. My God, Eugenie's teeth are HUGE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542June 20, 2019 3:46 PM

Meghan's PR should also tone down all the articles about how Ginge and Cringe gonna change/save the world.

Compared to Greta Thunberg they're nothing, the 15 years old girl gonna have the Nobel Peace Prize before she reach 20 while Meghan will fight to be more popular than the Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 543June 20, 2019 3:48 PM

I like the teal color on Eugenie but the outfit isn't very flattering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544June 20, 2019 3:48 PM

Is Eugenie's hat inspired by a peacock? Meh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545June 20, 2019 3:50 PM

Eugenie resembles her father Andrew here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546June 20, 2019 3:50 PM

The Queen with her overbearing bodyguard named Andrew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 20, 2019 3:52 PM

R508 - Harry's kids aren't going to "step into the spotlight". By the time his kids are in their early teens and even close to "spotlight", his brother will be Prince of Wales, and Harry's kids will already be the new York girls - George will be 18 or so and Charlotte a blooming 16 year old. They are going to be the ones in the spotlight, not Archie and Veronica without titles and not on the payroll.

by Anonymousreply 548June 20, 2019 3:53 PM

Oh Sophie, there are no words.

An idea that could have been interesting has turned into a fashion disaster.

As poster upthread stated...Sophie has joined the circus as a clown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549June 20, 2019 3:54 PM

R543 You do realise that Greta Thunberg is the result of PR mastery? Talk about getting a leg up from your parents. If Meghan and Kate had parental help then Greta's also in that camp. She's a showbiz kid.

Call me after she's been shot in the face.

by Anonymousreply 550June 20, 2019 3:55 PM

R550 Whatever because I can see Greta's impact and global influence as an activist, while Ginge and Cringe biggest success is a cook book to renovate some London kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 551June 20, 2019 3:59 PM

R549 - She looks like a Cossack about to go into their famed dance with the folded arms and unsupported leg kicks. The hat enhances the look considerably.

by Anonymousreply 552June 20, 2019 4:00 PM

Wel, Yuge looks better than she did yesterday, but then, she could had hardly have looked worse without really, really trying. It's too bad, she's much prettier than Bea, her skin and colouring are lovely, she does have a waist, all she needs to do is lose a stone or so and hire a stylist to show her how to flatter a petite but curvy figure, which is how her Great-Aunt Margaret was built. Yuge should be wearing clothes that are updated versions of what Margaret wore in the 1950s, Dior's New Look, which flattered the hourglass outline. But to carry that off you have to be flat in front and not have fat arms. And, of course, Margaret's clothes at the time were beautifully tailored.

by Anonymousreply 553June 20, 2019 4:07 PM

What is Greta's impact? She drew attention to a cause or in your words, "global influence". The Sussexes are drawing attention to causes. They all get help. Greta had parents with the resources (money, network) to help her publicize climate change message. Let's not act like the environment isn't trendy. Greta's parents seem as much into personal publicity and woke washing as the Sussexes.

I'm not saying Greta's a bad person or her actions have no impact. I'm saying if you wanted an example of a person doing grassroots on the ground work rather than PR spin, you seem to have made a poor choice. Greta's ability to "accomplish" so much at a young age is more about a cult of personality perpetuated by her parents than about "work" she's done.

by Anonymousreply 554June 20, 2019 4:09 PM

R554 was a response to R551

by Anonymousreply 555June 20, 2019 4:10 PM

R543 well, to be fair, Meghan fits right in with Greta and her phony brain-washing activism.

by Anonymousreply 556June 20, 2019 4:12 PM

R532 She should have taken a year or two to look around and soak up information before putting any larger plans into action. She lacks the patience successful schemers have.

by Anonymousreply 557June 20, 2019 4:14 PM

The Sussexes draw attention to themselves more than anything. Greta inspired people to go out and protest in their tens of thousands. While the Harkle's were preaching to the youf, Greta was meeting with politicians who can actually make change happen. Let's be clear I'm no fan of Great and her handlers but she's had more impact than HazBean in the real world. On the interwebs the cult of Mark and bots periodically make things trend on twitter. I'll give them that.

by Anonymousreply 558June 20, 2019 4:14 PM

I agree R554 - all of this promotion of the child has irked me a little and you've explained it well.

I think it also potentially plays into the dangerous anti-expert trope that has been around for quite a long time but is gaining more ground. Also the positioning of children as these reflexive and agentic mini-adults rather than as fundamentally different, with very little life experience and the need for protection due to their inherent vulnerability. Both of these tropes worry me for reasons which don't really have anything to do with the environment.

I like the phrase 'woke-washing' too.

by Anonymousreply 559June 20, 2019 4:14 PM

If Ginge and Cringe had 10% of Greta impact on public debate, we would know.

I see Greta on every magazine cover when Meghan is on People and Hello cover. You can't even compare the two.

by Anonymousreply 560June 20, 2019 4:16 PM

FUCK OFF R560 with your Ginge and Cringe bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 561June 20, 2019 4:36 PM

Any info why the Sussex left the Royal Foundation?

by Anonymousreply 562June 20, 2019 4:39 PM

R561 Go back to Celebitchy if you're not happy. They have 5 posts a day where you can kiss their ass.

by Anonymousreply 563June 20, 2019 4:41 PM

R562 - the reasons are obvious: the couples aren't getting along since Meghan arrived on the scene and the Sussex brand doesn't want the competition.

It's ridiculous for the Palace to say that their interests are different and because Harry is now married, they need to go their own way. Harry was with the Cambridges when he was single so suddenly his interests are different??? No one is buying their PR shit. His wife wants to be a separate entity. Harry didn't think of the idea on his own. Meghan put it in his head. He can't take a shit without Meghan's permission.

by Anonymousreply 564June 20, 2019 4:45 PM

R563 FUCK OFF uninspired loser

by Anonymousreply 565June 20, 2019 4:47 PM

R565 Stay pressed. Not my fault if you stan a loser.

by Anonymousreply 566June 20, 2019 4:49 PM

I know who Malala is but I have no idea who this Greta person is, although I surmise she is an environmental activist of some sort. That's nice but she's obviously no Malala or I'd know of her.

by Anonymousreply 567June 20, 2019 4:51 PM

R566 I'm bored to tears everytime you post your lame ass nicknames.

by Anonymousreply 568June 20, 2019 4:56 PM

R568 Yes, because you bring us so much originality.

by Anonymousreply 569June 20, 2019 4:58 PM

R562 Because of discrepancies in the accounts ? Why did the Sussexes have an "engagement gift fund" but the Cambridges didn't? Why was the vast majority of that fund spent but there are no details what on? Where were the transfers sent to?

by Anonymousreply 570June 20, 2019 5:00 PM

R570 What is an "engagement gift fund"? To pay for the wedding?

by Anonymousreply 571June 20, 2019 5:05 PM

R571 God knows what it is, but the wedding wasn't paid for by the Royal Foundation, which is/was the Cambridges and Harry's charity umbrella. Until Yoko came along.

by Anonymousreply 572June 20, 2019 5:16 PM

Problem is not with the causes that these social media cultivated activists espouse. It's the fact that the causes get tied in with the cultivated personalities of the activists, thus the messengers are elevated to the same levels as these important causes. These activists become celebrities in other words. This very phenomenon then encourages those who crave and seek fame to go into the activism business. While they may have started with genuine intentions, what happens is that they become celebrity figureheads hobnobbing with the rich and famous under the guise of fundraising, and in the process they begin living that lifestyle too. Of course Meghan and her ilk, the wannabe champagne humanitarians, are attracted by this career path.

I suspect the Sussexes' foundation is a main reason for breaking free from the Cambridges. Think of the fundraising opportunities that are nothing but schmoozing fests with rich Americans wanting to say they hobnob with the BRF. It'll be grand for the continuation (and devaluation) of Sussex brand. They'll have their own court in NYC and Brentwood/ Beverly Hills, until Harry gets bored of schmoozing among the super-rich Americans who look down on people who aren't worth over at least $300 million in liquid assets.

by Anonymousreply 573June 20, 2019 5:17 PM

Maybe the Foundation gift them a teapot.

by Anonymousreply 574June 20, 2019 5:17 PM

In the audit it says that the Engagement Gift Fund is restricted to activities relating to the interests" of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. A new fund. From which a vast majority of the money seems to have gone. This all comes under the Royal Foundation, the umbrella organisations for all the charities. Something is amiss.

by Anonymousreply 575June 20, 2019 5:21 PM

Meghan is the new Al Capone, money will be her downfall.

by Anonymousreply 576June 20, 2019 5:22 PM

R562 - I'm thinking is the estrangement between the brothers. The Cambridges don't want to be associated with the merchandising, celebrity seeking and fame whoring Duchess Degree and her sidepiece.

by Anonymousreply 577June 20, 2019 5:25 PM

They are either giving her enough rope to hang herself, or legitimately letting her/harry do whatever they want lest 'racism' gets cried out

by Anonymousreply 578June 20, 2019 5:32 PM

That Hapless Harry and Duchess Yoko are so thirsty for fame. He will live to regret it.

by Anonymousreply 579June 20, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote] While the Harkle's were preaching to the youf, Greta was meeting with politicians who can actually make change happen.

R558 The Sussexes are forbidden from advocacy with politicians. They are limited to trying to engage the public and civil society. It seems unfair to compare their lack of engagement with politicians to the advocacy that Greta does. She's also calling for strikes. They can't do that in their position as working royals. One of the key slogans around Greta is inspiring young people to be advocates, which is what you're slamming the Sussexes for doing with "the youf". It's part of what the Cambridges and all the royals do with their awareness campaigns and patronages.

I'm not saying the Sussexes are wonderful spokespeople for anything. They are self-censored by their decision to be working royals and beneficiaries of generational economic inequity (but that's for another thread). My point remains that the poster who used Greta as an example of a person engaged in legitimate useful change-work picked poorly if they were looking for a person who brings attention to their cause more than to themselves. The first flyer I ever saw for a march had her face at the top and every one I've seen for events since then has had her image. Some of the climate change posters literally say "Follow Greta." They've even made floats in her honour. She or her handlers court fame.

Perhaps creating change in a social media age involves creating a personality around which the movement/concept can revolve? It's not an area I've studied. I'm not knocking it, I'm just wondering out loud.

I think the royals all have the power to influence and they should use that power for some public good. I don't know how Harry meant his comment to Angela Levin, but he's not wrong. He is destined to be eclipsed by the Cambridge children and his own, in the same way that his father's generation (Anne, Edward, Andrew) are not nearly as interesting to the public as William, Harry, Eugenie and Beatrice. While he still has the world's attention he should do some good. It remains to be seen if he will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580June 20, 2019 5:41 PM

"The Royal Foundation has confirmed Meghan and Harry will formally split from the charity and set up their own foundation "

by Anonymousreply 581June 20, 2019 5:42 PM

r575 It is very interesting, isn't it. That must be the money they asked from instead of gifts. £145k Is that all they got from all those Alisters and Friends of Megain? Really. My aren't they cheap with their money? The Empowering Communities Programme also relates to MeMe. "The Empowering Communities fund relates to The Duchess of Sussex's Empowering Communities Through Food programme" Do we think that is the mosque community kitchen that was perfectly servicable? They had income of £557, 638 the year to 31st Dec 2018 and expenses of £239, 866 which means the bulk of it sits there untouched. Does anyone remember the media reports about how much was spent on the kitchen?

Another thing I find curious about the accounts, why are they annual rather than financial year?

by Anonymousreply 582June 20, 2019 5:42 PM

Royals also have to walk the thin line of 'appeal to all' because no matter how distasteful you might find some in society, they help fund their existence. I look forward to how ginger and markle are going to fuck that up and pick political sides.

by Anonymousreply 583June 20, 2019 5:45 PM

...the EmpowerME community of Meg Markle & Co..

by Anonymousreply 584June 20, 2019 5:47 PM

New thread when this one reaches 600 post or so. Please fill this one before moving on to the next one. The OP is greyed out so let's W&W.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585June 20, 2019 5:47 PM

145,000 + in the engagement gift fund, but no details of where the 108,000+ went. 37,000+ transferred to where? When MM joined the foundation, 9 programmers joined the payroll.

by Anonymousreply 586June 20, 2019 5:50 PM

I wonder if Meghan's accountant filled out her taxes properly?

by Anonymousreply 587June 20, 2019 5:53 PM

THURSDAY, JUNE 20, 2019

Blind Item #9

The alliterate former actress turned A list celebrity has agreed to an acting role in a movie provided the compensation is high enough. She wants about 20 times what her salary used to be on her show.

POSTED BY ENT LAWYER AT 10:45 AM 7 COMMENTS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588June 20, 2019 5:53 PM

In the past R587?

by Anonymousreply 589June 20, 2019 5:54 PM

The Queen's jockey at Ascot is suspending for overusing his whip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590June 20, 2019 5:55 PM

R589 - No, since she joined the Royal Family?

by Anonymousreply 591June 20, 2019 5:55 PM

[quote] In January 2018, William called on charities to combine forces, rather than establishing more individual organisations.

[quote] In a keynote speech to the Charity Commission, he said at the time: 'Instead of setting up more individual charities working in the same fields, I wonder if we could do more to explore ways of combining forces, working and innovating together?'

That speech didn't age well.

by Anonymousreply 592June 20, 2019 5:55 PM

r586 The transfer seems to have gone to the Young Peoples Programmes "£36,811 from The Duke and Duchess of Sussex Engagement Fund were made to cover a shortfall on Young People programmes"

by Anonymousreply 593June 20, 2019 5:58 PM

The Queen can appoint a distant cousin to become Prime Minister but it's doubtful at this time if Jeremy Hunt can win over Boris Johnson. A previous PM David Cameron was also a distant cousin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594June 20, 2019 6:00 PM

Photos of Anne and her family at Ascot today. I think this is her best outfit so far this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595June 20, 2019 6:03 PM

reminds me of Harry using spurs on his polo horse, to the point where the skin was broken and the poor thing was bleeding.

humanitarian with feelings tho

by Anonymousreply 596June 20, 2019 6:03 PM

Princess Eugenie presents a trophy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597June 20, 2019 6:04 PM

A man and his dog take in the pageantry in Windsor Great Park. The carriages were covered so they probably didn't see very much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598June 20, 2019 6:05 PM

First it was Kate and now it's Eugenie's turn to get a hand kiss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599June 20, 2019 6:06 PM

Her Maj was a good sport, even though her jockey got bounced.

She was all smiles and laughs, congratulating the winner. The Queen is so cool.

by Anonymousreply 600June 20, 2019 6:06 PM

Mrs. Common (Markle) and Mr. Wealth (Haz) may unknowingly be casting their own fate as the separation delineates their own financials.

Much like Trump, the financial evidences may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for all their final(ly!) downfalls.

by Anonymousreply 601June 20, 2019 6:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!