Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 77

Let's continue our discussion. Two more days left of Ascot. The hats and the horrors!

Here is the link of the previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602June 21, 2019 6:26 PM

Did the Queen ever get some of that palace intruder's cock? Or did they deny her some solid working class dong?

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2019 5:50 PM

The Queen's equestrian statue in Ottawa, Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2019 6:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2019 6:08 PM

R1 they never let me have the best treats.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2019 6:09 PM

The Queen and her daughter Anne in the carriage at Ascot today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2019 6:10 PM

It's Tiara Time. Here are photos and info on the diamond necklace of "Fat Mary" (the very rotund mother of Queen Mary).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2019 6:12 PM

Anne's first Ascot outfit this week was recycled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2019 6:13 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2019 6:22 PM

As the years go by, I have to say, Anne plays a long game. And damned well. I like that old broad.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2019 6:29 PM

Eugenie often reminds me of the actress who plays Bunty Windermere in the Father Brown Mysteries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2019 6:32 PM

King Anne for the win.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2019 6:33 PM

No, Anne's too much like her father for the gig. It would be hell and it would be short-lived.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2019 6:40 PM

Is Zara pregnant again?

Or is it just a rather ill-fitting dress that is to blame?

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2019 6:57 PM

Isn't she after a place in the 2020 Olympics? I'm sure there was a VERY recent interview about it.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2019 6:59 PM

R14. Equestrian. I'm not sure who is riding her.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2019 7:00 PM

Lol

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2019 7:02 PM

I think she is looking for a place in 2020. However after that awful miscarriage and the new young'un, she may be more inclined to go with more kids right now. Her dresses have been rather, uh, roomy this week.

I loved the pics of her laughing with Charles and throwing her arm around him, which he reciprocated. I read the comments and almost every one of them was "Duh, he's known her since she was a baby and she's close in age to his own kids (two years older than William) and they've always been close." Then there were comparisons with his daughters in law. Duh. He's more at ease with Kate but he barely knows Megan.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2019 7:03 PM

Edward is on this week's Rupaul's Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2019 7:03 PM

BBC 1 is airing Phillip's colonoscopy Friday!

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2019 7:05 PM

Andrew feeds the corgis from his colostomy bag under the table.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2019 7:07 PM

'I see Greta on every magazine cover when Meghan is on People and Hello cover. You can't even compare the two.'

I'm in the UK and have never heard of Greta. MM has been on the cover of Variety, Elle, Marie Claire, Grazia and plenty of others, including Vogue in September.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2019 7:07 PM

R21, of course you haven't.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2019 7:11 PM

Greta was on the cover of Time magazine. Time to leave your basement R21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2019 7:12 PM

French magazine Society.

But, yeah Meghan was Mad about Harry... Tote the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2019 7:14 PM

I'm not the only Brit here not to have heard of her, so fuck off. All Brits and Americans have heard of Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2019 7:15 PM

R21 / R25, sure.

Now crawl back into the cellar for another mug-cradling Meghan adoration ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2019 7:17 PM

Troll Call

Long/Short Game Troll

Greta Troll

Get Back to Celebitchy Troll

Typical of a Narc Troll

Ginge and Cringe Troll

Danja Zone Has Some Interesting Ideas Troll

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2019 7:18 PM

R25 Nothing to proud about.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2019 7:18 PM

Article in VF about Royal Ascot

Brough Scott had a lovely segment on the Queen and Ascot on ITV Racing today but I can't find a link yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2019 7:19 PM

Greta has had THREE magazine covers. I stopped counting after 30 with MM. Again, the trolls are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2019 7:22 PM

R30, zzz ...

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2019 7:22 PM

Greta is has had lots of publicity but she's not a household name. Meghan and Harry are household names i.e. people who aren't interested in them or part of groups who follow their escapades will still know who they are.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2019 7:23 PM

R27 is amazing!

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2019 7:25 PM

R21 / R25 / R30 = the MM Is On So Many Magazine Covers Troll

Cool story, bro.

Now please enlighten us about the global impact of fashion and Frauen magazines as you must be an expert.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2019 7:26 PM

We're speaking about activism and results R32, not celebrity.

Meghan and Harry pretend to be great activists/humanitarians but I don't see much result. Greta may not be an household name but what she does in impressive. Of course if you live under a rock and have no curiosity besides checking E!Entertainment, we can't do much for you.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2019 7:28 PM

R33, only in the mind of an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2019 7:28 PM

R21 It shows you only read the first lines of articles. Duchess Yoko will NOT be on the cover of UK Vogue September. Merely scribbling a piece of herself.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2019 7:30 PM

R21 is a 16 year girl. You best move along before the cock adverts pop up and your mum sees.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2019 7:31 PM

R37, but doesn't it rankle that she's co editing Vogue? You predicted in your delirium that all media outlets would lose interest. Sucks to be so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2019 7:32 PM

Children, children. Calm down and chill.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2019 7:33 PM

This thread is getting a bit tense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2019 7:34 PM

R38, Greta is a 15 year old girl and quite an ugly one. She's like the students who found fame after the Florida school shooting. Where are they now? Meghan has already been globally famous for three years.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2019 7:34 PM

Why does Meghan wear so many rings at once?

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2019 7:36 PM

Just ignore R42 and the lunacy magically disappears.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2019 7:37 PM

She charges more if she has to go past the knuckle.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2019 7:37 PM

R42 You're beyond pathetic, that's what you are.

16 years old Greta did much more and is much more famous than 16 years old Rachel was, if you want to go there.

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2019 7:38 PM

R35 The question posed here was about magazine covers and how well known Greta is vs the Sussexes.

I've given very lengthy discussion of my take on Greta's activism on the previous thread. I think she is more hype than action, operates in a different system from the royals, uses many of the same branding and self-promoting techniques they use and therefore is a poor model to contrast with the Sussexes. There are people doing good in the world who are better examples than Greta IMO.

Greta has been active since 2018. The tendency to have climate change marches predates her. What exactly are her "results" as you see them? I think it's a bit early for us to be talking about Greta's "results" on climate change.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2019 7:39 PM

What does Greta have to do with Meghan and the Royals anyway. Two completely different lifes and approaches to environmental issues. Comparing a 16 yo school girl to a 37 yo royal duchess is totally irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2019 7:39 PM

R43, perhaps she was doing some merching. Or because she's an attention whore. Let's not forget that this particular pic of Mrs Common and Mr Wealth was taken at Eugenie's wedding - you know, when Megaton felt the need to wear a maternity coat despite being barely three months pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2019 7:40 PM

R47 Oh please, enlight us about what is good activism, you Wise One.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2019 7:43 PM

Is this Greta person a British royal? No? Then why the fuck is the discussion about her droning on endlessly in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2019 7:46 PM

Hey cuntbreath at R26, I'm American, can't stand the fucking Markle grifter and (as I previously noted upthread) I have never seen or heard of Greta Whatever. I have, however, heard of Malala.

I don't live in a basement and I haven't read Time Magazine in more than 20 years unless it was in a doctor's office. I do watch the news, obsessively, but can also tune it out when it doesn't interest me. Perhaps that is where Greta went.

An any rate, I take it that you feel she is deeply talented and significant but until/unless I happen to find out more about her, which I am not rushing to do, then I simply won't know.

If she isn't running against or prosecuting the orange traitor, I probably don't know about it these days.

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2019 7:46 PM

I'm not pretending to be wise R50. I gave an opinion about Greta being a poor example because her handlers do as much personality promotion as the Sussexes are accused of doing. If posters think good activism means doing, not saying; being low key; and highlighting the charity rather than the self, then Greta's not that person. She is a poster child who appears on all her event posters I've seen in my city.

As I said on the last thread. I'm not knocking Greta per se. I wondered aloud if that's the way to get things done in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2019 7:50 PM

Now as Meghan sits at home, which may or may not be FC, her ass is on its way to getting as big as her ego. She like Harry is someone who reads her own press, and recent trickle hasn't been positive either. If the rumors are to be believed, she's plotting her Hollywood debut via George Clooney projects. I suppose she could say she'd donate a substantial amount of salary to the Sussex foundation, but how's that going to fly within the BRF and their minders? I think part of why it would make sense for her to earn her own money is to take the spotlight away from Harry's income sources and all the secrecy surrounding it. Seeing that she's still an American citizen, she's required under law to file and pay taxes. That could lead to the public knowing way more about Harry's finances than they'd like.

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2019 7:51 PM

How interesting that I was referring to R21 and R25 who referred to himself as a Brit - and now that I've put R42 on ignore, R21 and R25 have disappeared, but R52, who now claims to be American, feels the need to reply to my post at R26 ...

Using multiple devices is fun, eh?

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2019 7:54 PM

R1 here. Someone answer my question... did that intruder who scaled the palace walls ever give Da Queen that deep dicking she wanted? Or did Edward get to satisfy him?

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2019 7:55 PM

R55 here again:

Just in case R52 is NOT the fucking Markle lunatic at R42 using several devices I hereby apologize!

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2019 7:57 PM

R1 R56 Please R4. We are not inclined to repeat ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2019 7:58 PM

Could the people who want to discuss Greta ad nauseam please open a new thread? No one here gives a fuck about her.

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2019 8:00 PM

It's mostly one poster who is really invested in the "Greta is a wonderful, effective and very well-known activist" angle vs others who are "Well, maybe not" or "Who the fuck is Greta?"

Meghan v Kate fights need new material and the splitting of the foundation was teased for weeks so those fights have already happened.

Where is Sam?

What's Edo up to these days?

I wonder if James Middleton staged the bike theft so he could have pictures of himself with dogs in the news as a way of trolling Meghan. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2019 8:11 PM

R60, why should James Middleton troll his sister's SIL?

Is there actually any ridiculous idea Meghan lunatics will NOT come up with?

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2019 8:13 PM

No, r61. There isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2019 8:15 PM

R61 Well he did use her child as pr for his stupid business

by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2019 8:16 PM

I'm sure Edo will turn up at Ascot either tomorrow or Saturday, with Bea. And maybe Fergie. Where's Fergie?

by Anonymousreply 64June 20, 2019 8:16 PM

R63, lol, what?

by Anonymousreply 65June 20, 2019 8:17 PM

I've been accused of being a sugar, a Megastan and now a Meghan lunatic.

R61 The point of a gossip thread is to gossip. Propose your own pointless bitchy topic for discussion or fuck right off, dear.

by Anonymousreply 66June 20, 2019 8:17 PM

R66, is "Fuck off" the only thing you can say?

You seem downright infatuated with this particular phrase.

by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2019 8:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2019 8:20 PM

I've said lots of other things. Fuck off is the only thing I want to say to you R67. Do keep up.

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2019 8:21 PM

Btw, I'm all in for gossip, but it needs to be gossip with some sound basis.

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2019 8:22 PM

The email, to thousands of customers, was titled: ‘Boy oh boy – that was a surprise!’ and included baby ‘emojis’ in the title. It went on: ‘It’s a royally exciting week to become a new parent (wink wink).

‘Every parent deserves to have their little prince or princess showered in colourful confetti. Celebrate and congratulate them by sending something a little bit different (we kindly recommend popping over and sweeping up the confetti whilst everyone is sleeping though).

‘P.S Don’t worry, no babies were harmed in the making of this video, we promise!’

The email is illustrated with a short video clip of some of the confetti products and a mother with two young children. The email went on to list products such as the ‘Bomb of Joy’ which erupts with confetti once the recipient opens the envelope. It was captioned: ‘Just like a new baby, our Boomf Bomb will bring an explosion of joy, laughter and let’s face it, a tiny bit of fear.’

The middleton-goldsmiths are so cringey and embarrassing. Grifters the lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2019 8:23 PM

Royal commentators felt the email was in poor taste. Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty magazine, said: ‘Everybody cashes in but probably it’s not very good manners for a family member to do it.

’James’s parents Carole and Michael have regularly been accused of ‘cashing in’ on their royal connections with their party company Party Pieces. The company sold regal-themed crown cake decorations and confetti before Prince Harry’s wedding last year.

It may well have made for an awkward moment when Prince Harry and James rubbed shoulders yesterday at Lady Gabriella Windsor’s wedding, but last night James said: ‘It’s a bit far fetched to say we are cashing in – I’d say more celebrating!’

by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2019 8:26 PM

R68, thx for the link. LOL. And oh dear ...

Well, James never was the smartest tool in the box anyway. I do appreciate his honesty about struggling with depression though.

by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2019 8:27 PM

This thread is very much how I imagine Charles and Diana’s marriage.

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2019 8:30 PM

I'm getting tired of opening threads and having loonies try really hard to derail it. If all you want to do is fight with each other then someone else may have to start the next one. I'm here for the photos, gossip and info. I'm not here to view people telling others how to think, disparaging them and using vulgar language.

And before anyone asks me the question: Are you new at DL? No, I'm been here for many years. I post on this thread in a futile attempt to get away from the "new normal" of hatred and division in the real world. I don't need the same shit on this thread. Now keep calm and carry on. I'm done with my rant.

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2019 8:30 PM

R70 My suggestion still stands. Propose you own topic if the James Middleton topic doesn't interest you. As always, you can ignore or block my comments.

For others, think of the "James Middleton is trolling the DoS" as a moot point i.e. a debatable comment You may have comments in support or against.

In support: 1. The Middletons often act together. Carole did an interview late last year when the Kate/Meghan feud story was swirling because it would have been unseemly for Kate to do one. 2. The Middletons have been accused of "cashing in on royals connections" James must know his dog bike story would get some traction. 3. He's giving money to a pet charity but it's not the pet charity Meghan is connected to.

I think it could be subtle shade.

by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2019 8:35 PM

Or maybe someone just stole his bike.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2019 8:37 PM

Now those dogs are gonna have to walk. And he calls himself a dog lover?

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2019 8:39 PM

The Queen and Kate aren't the only ones who have found their "uniform style". Camilla has found her comfort zone too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2019 8:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2019 8:41 PM

R78 - I've seen James take his dogs for walks but for longer trips he puts them in the doggy bike. It's probably quicker to get around London and he gets exercise himself.

by Anonymousreply 81June 20, 2019 8:42 PM

I think Autumn is attractive in her own way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 20, 2019 8:44 PM

Zara looked much better today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2019 8:45 PM

Sophie's hat is meh but her pantsuit was horrid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 20, 2019 8:46 PM

Does Yuge not have friends who'll tell her the truth about her choice of outfits? Someone who would pull her aside and tell her that high-neckline, sleeveless dresses look horrible on her. Shows her flabby arms, matronly chest, and shortens her neck for the full effect.

by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2019 8:49 PM

Yikes! My long dead grandmother had a “church” hat like that.

by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2019 8:49 PM

Wee Louis has the exact same eyebrows as Louis!

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2019 8:50 PM

I meant Sophie’s hat in r84. Talk about matronly!

by Anonymousreply 88June 20, 2019 8:50 PM

Lawd the sun damage on Sophie's face. For a place not known for getting a lot of sun, the Windsor women sure have a lot of sun damage.

by Anonymousreply 89June 20, 2019 8:51 PM

That closeup of Camilla upthread makes me think the Alzheimer's stories are true. The expression in her eyes is oddly blank.

by Anonymousreply 90June 20, 2019 8:51 PM

Autumn Phillips is attractive in a Kirsten Dunst kind of way. But did she have to name her daughter a downmarket stripper name like Savannah? She's from N. America so she should've known how low rent that name is here.

by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2019 8:52 PM

R90 Are there more evidence? I said a while ago that Camilla would likely die before Charles because Charles seemed healthier (though he can look rather alarming at times).

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2019 8:55 PM

R91 Her name is Autumn. The bar for names was always going to be low.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2019 8:56 PM

R93 Yes I suppose, but why oh why didn't Autumn name Savannah "Winter" instead? Much better than small town-beauty queen-turned-stripper Savannah. Plus it'd be in keeping with the theme.

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2019 9:15 PM

I don't remember what event it was, but it was for HM....anyway, autumn and peter arrived separately. Autumn arrived in a car with a woman who didn't look like a relative and peter was driving a car with the kids in the back and someone else, can't remember. That's not odd or anything but I remember getting lesbian vibes from autumn and the other woman.

by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2019 9:19 PM

R55 you're a paranoid and wrong-headed cunt. I was agreeing with the guy who said he was a Brit and didn't know anything about Greta. I'm an American, I have always been an American and always claimed to be an American. I'm saying the same fucking thing I said upthread or in the prior thread or whatever, from the same fucking device I used before. Nasty fucking twat.

Go soak your head.

You know who uses multiple devices? People like you who go around accusing others of using multiple devices. I'll even authenticate this post for you, Tweedle Dumb. Do, please, take my name to heart in the spirit in which it is truly meant.

by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2019 9:19 PM

OP @ R75, if you've been here for years then you know the ridiculousness of your post.

Please get hold of yourself and shut the fuck up or find the nearest grease fire.

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2019 9:23 PM

The claws are out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2019 9:25 PM

[quote] Just in case [R52] is NOT the fucking Markle lunatic at [R42] using several devices I hereby apologize!

Thank you, R55, and just in case you are not a dumb cunt, which you very well may not be, I also apologize.

Both of us apologizing within record time? This may be a DL first.

by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2019 9:28 PM

p.s. I am not the Markle loon, who should be cunt-punted as frequently as possible.

by Anonymousreply 100June 20, 2019 9:29 PM

Well, this thread has taken a rapidly weird turn. I wonder who took James Middleton's bike? It's not like it's low-key and wouldn't be recognized.

by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2019 9:31 PM

Dude never heard of a bike lock?

by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2019 9:32 PM

Well we know his pups aren't very good guard dogs are they?

by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2019 9:34 PM

I think Sophie is going vintage, or starting a fashion trend of digging through Grandma's church pile. The hat and the jumpsuit are different eras, but the net in front of the eyes is so alluring.

by Anonymousreply 104June 20, 2019 9:35 PM

And to think, Meghan could have borrowed that bike to wheel poor little Guy around.

by Anonymousreply 105June 20, 2019 9:37 PM

And US projects cannot be ruled out of this new Sussex Foundation. Of course not, how else is MeGain going to trouser all that money without doing things in the US?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 20, 2019 9:37 PM

Wasn't there some sly person in the Foundation or Kensington Palace who said that Markle and Harry wanted to "pursue more commercial interests" and William and Kate were not about that?

Says it all, really.

by Anonymousreply 107June 20, 2019 9:40 PM

Harry and meghan are just doing what they're told to do by the grey men.

If the firm wants them to do more American based pr for the BRF, which I strongly suspect they want, then that is what they'll do. You're very naive if you think they have any say in that. They don't have as much power as you think.

by Anonymousreply 108June 20, 2019 9:42 PM

Well, the Nutmegs can't pursue commercial interests while on the public dole.

...Gotta find out more about the inaugural award of the Meg Markle Fashion Merching and Clown Show.

by Anonymousreply 109June 20, 2019 9:46 PM

Did they highlight that blue and white confection that wore her to someone or other's wedding?

by Anonymousreply 110June 20, 2019 9:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 20, 2019 9:50 PM

[quote] And to think, Meghan could have borrowed that bike to wheel poor little Guy around.

Maybe she did.

by Anonymousreply 112June 20, 2019 9:51 PM

Whoever was asking about "evidence" of Camilla's Alzheimer's, there were a number of examples posted. But they seem to have disappeared. Re-posting one example (starts at 2:30 minutes).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2019 10:03 PM

She's just old and she has no use for the fucking trump grifters. She's not senile.

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2019 10:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2019 10:11 PM

Cam meets members of the public quite regularly and no one has reported any signs of Alzheimers. It's a bit of stretch to say people viewing videos online have a better sense of what's happening wth her than the British citizens she meets or the locals from her tours. If the British media have an interest in covering it up, why would international media go along with that? She was in the Caribbean recently. Wasn't she also in Africa or India a few months ago?

I'm no fan of Camilla, and she may yet die before Charles, but the Alzheimer's hypothesis seems far fetched.

(I realize that's hypocritically coming from someone who spun "James Middleton is trolling the DoS" out of thin air. Cognitive dissonance)

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2019 10:19 PM

Camilla started dying in 2004 when Cindy Adams diagnosed her with end-stage lung cancer. Since then, she’s been on a roll.

2007:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2019 10:21 PM

Terrifying suicide leap in 2010:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2019 10:21 PM

Oh I shouldn'y laugh but I am. US rags are so extreme.! So camp!

by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2019 10:23 PM

Planning her own funeral in 2017:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2019 10:23 PM

Camilla "adjusting" for photo op at U.S. ambassador's residence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 20, 2019 10:23 PM

R113 - it’s possible she’s hard of hearing which makes her seem like she’s in another world.

I don’t think she has dementia. I think she’s often distracted.

by Anonymousreply 122June 20, 2019 10:24 PM

Adding that tugging at your panties is more a sign she didn’t give a fuck. I like that about her.

If that’s a sign of dementia, we’re all in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 123June 20, 2019 10:27 PM

The sub-headline on that one Globe cover is the best: "William and Kate refuse to attend after catching her looting the palace"

That's some funny shit right there. Thanks for posting that, it was definitely good for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 124June 20, 2019 10:33 PM

She probably suffered a TBI when the Queen beat the shit out of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 20, 2019 10:33 PM

So, I am no expert at all, but in the video at r113, Camilla seemed to have a minor bit of shaking going on. She’s in her 70s so that would not be surprising, but it could have been just the fidgets.

by Anonymousreply 126June 20, 2019 10:38 PM

Well, if she's not dying she's about to be murdered...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 20, 2019 10:41 PM

It's not Alzheimer's. She's just drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2019 10:43 PM

Oh my god, why am I not subscribed to that hilarious tabloid? It's fantastic!

Even better than space aliens impregnating swamp dwellers and trailer park residents.

by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2019 10:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 20, 2019 10:50 PM

R108 Why would the British Royal Family be interested in pursuing US-based PR?

I’m not having a go - it’s a serious question.

by Anonymousreply 131June 20, 2019 10:50 PM

So the fight between Cams and Her Maj, it was pretty much a replay of Krystle and Alexis, right?

by Anonymousreply 132June 20, 2019 10:52 PM

Sometimes even the Globe gets it right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 20, 2019 10:53 PM

Bless you, Globe poster! I can’t stop laughing!

by Anonymousreply 134June 20, 2019 10:56 PM

Charles has a boy-toy so Cam took to drinking. It all makes sense now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 20, 2019 10:58 PM

If R21 hasn't heard of me, do I really exist?

by Anonymousreply 136June 20, 2019 11:09 PM

Yes, R136, but evidently your reach is not as far and wide as you might have thought.

by Anonymousreply 137June 20, 2019 11:13 PM

How is it that members of the public, with a far smaller budget than the royals often manage to look amazing, while the BRF women, eg Sophie and Eugenie today and usually MM, look frightful?

by Anonymousreply 138June 20, 2019 11:18 PM

How about some National Enquirer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 20, 2019 11:25 PM

Alpha Will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 20, 2019 11:27 PM

Remember the famous story about the Queen Mother (then just HM the Queen) during the London Blitz? She and the King went around visiting these bombed out areas and someone said to her, "Wow, you put on your best clothes for us!" to which Her Majesty replied, "Well of course I did, if you came to see me you'd put on your best clothes, wouldn't you?" And everyone said they certainly would.

People dress to the nines to meet the Royals even now. The Royals themselves do try for the most part and with varying degrees of success. Harry has been awfully slovenly lately. If the grifter wants to keep him for a while (which I'm sure she does for the settlement if nothing else), she should take better care of him or hire someone to do it.

by Anonymousreply 141June 20, 2019 11:27 PM

Naughy Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 20, 2019 11:29 PM

I must be the lone person who thought Eugenie looked nice today.

by Anonymousreply 143June 20, 2019 11:31 PM

R143 =Jack Brooksbank

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2019 11:35 PM

More Camilla health woes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2019 11:37 PM

The queen collapses too. And everyone hates Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 20, 2019 11:40 PM

Funeral planning!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 20, 2019 11:41 PM

No, I thought she looked nice today too, R143. Great color for her, perhaps not the most summery color but she was far from the only deep green/teal wearing person there nor even the only deep green/teal wearing royal this week. Her complexion has always been lovely, they all get that from the Queen Mum (or so they say, what the fuck do I know?). Didn't the fashion gods decree that coral would be the color of the year this year? Did I hallucinate that because I am not seeing a lot of coral except on Nicolle Wallace.

I think Eugenie has dropped a few pounds since her marriage and seems very happy with her new husband. I don't know if she has a stylist or has been going in a new direction on her own but she's looked very smart all Summer. I liked the pale dress at the garden party with Her Maj, Bea and Harry. Not exciting but perfectly fine and not ugly or badly fitted. I think I've liked most of her hats, though not yesterday's yellow thing.

Her sister Bea and Markle 2.0, Edo, are another kettle of fish entirely.

by Anonymousreply 148June 20, 2019 11:43 PM

Sorry, I see that the cover at R147 was already posted.

by Anonymousreply 149June 20, 2019 11:44 PM

It's about time for some movement on the Beatrice/Edo front. Ready for the gossip!

by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2019 11:47 PM

That's a terrible picture of Markle on the "she fucked Matt Lauer" cover. I'm a fan.

I also liked the Wales/Cornwall divorce cover with Charles' "I will DESTROY you!"

by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2019 11:47 PM

Cam never stops drinking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 20, 2019 11:54 PM

Cruel Cam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 20, 2019 11:55 PM

Maybe that's why she let Harry marry Meghan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 20, 2019 11:57 PM

The planted stories are so tit for tat. Eh, Charles had the same PR playbook of trashing his brother and sons in an attempt to elevate himself, until the Queen was said to put a stop to it. Why has this played out since the ride story (Lainey) BEFORE the wedding?

This story has been picked up a few places.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 20, 2019 11:57 PM

"She stays home drunk"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 20, 2019 11:59 PM

Philip on death's door and the queen collapses...again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 21, 2019 12:02 AM

Here, there's been a knock-down fight going on, all the while I've been busy trying to identify the feathers in Eugenie's hat! (Lady Amherst Pheasant, I believe: I want my own, and I'm a guy). I've really enjoyed the American tabloid headlines! "You're not man enough for me!" - Camilla's cruel taunt.

BTW, I read the news, but I've never heard of this Greta person until now. She seems an interesting person. Thanks for the introduction.

I did want to point out that the photos over the last few days taken as Ascot show a very convivial crowd, unlike that tense Trooping of the Color appearance. I don't hate MM (or any of the other Royals) the way many people do: I might actually feel sorry for her for being in over her head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 21, 2019 12:19 AM

That’s a lovely pic of Eugenie.

by Anonymousreply 159June 21, 2019 12:38 AM

Drip, drip, drip...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 21, 2019 12:39 AM

I think the feathers in Yuge's hat are the small feathers from peacocks.

by Anonymousreply 161June 21, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote](Lady Amherst Pheasant, I believe: I want my own, and I'm a guy)

Will you accept a dragon-egg candle instead?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 21, 2019 12:49 AM

R6 is that Margaret? What a dreadful picture.

by Anonymousreply 163June 21, 2019 12:53 AM

I don’t understand the story about Meghan sending rings to her ex by mail. Is that a normal practice - to return rings after a divorce? I thought you returned an engagement ring if the wedding didn’t happen, but I have never heard of returning rings after a failed marriage.

by Anonymousreply 164June 21, 2019 12:57 AM

Camilla probably has a whole chest full of benzos - looks like she took an extra Valium before heaving herself aboard the carriage.

Camilla does not have Alzheimers, but apparently the Queen does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 21, 2019 12:58 AM

Do you think Edward has ever taken a peek of William or Henry's Weiner's when they were getting dressed?

by Anonymousreply 166June 21, 2019 1:05 AM

Camilla sometimes has an odd affect on camera, maybe she doesn't really like being in the limelight. Love this documentary about her, them seem to be a very happy couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 21, 2019 1:14 AM

"That's why you'll never be queen!" -He rages

"Go live with your mother!" -She screams

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 21, 2019 1:16 AM

This one I believe. But why did they use the least zombie-like photo they could find? I’ve seen others where you’d swear he had just clawed his way out of the grave ten minutes earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 21, 2019 1:17 AM

The whole royal family has Alzheimer's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 21, 2019 1:19 AM

Who was bragging before about all of Meg's magazine covers? Well, she can't hold a candle to Cam who even makes an appearance when the story is about Harry & Meg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 21, 2019 1:22 AM

Geezr Cam, how many times do they have to send you to rehab?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 21, 2019 1:25 AM

Camilla & Ange: Shock Sabotage Plot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173June 21, 2019 1:35 AM

When will the highlight of the Ascot week, Sarah, Duchess of York, be making her appearance? The anticipation is too much to bear.

by Anonymousreply 174June 21, 2019 1:36 AM

Charles meets James Bond. I thought Charles would be taller, I've met Daniel Craig and he was shorter than I imagined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 21, 2019 1:36 AM

The truth at last.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 21, 2019 2:08 AM

For you, R174.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 21, 2019 2:09 AM

Christ, how many covers of the Globe are you going to post? Is your blog full?

by Anonymousreply 178June 21, 2019 2:11 AM

Well that was a witty way to change the subject, R178. Please go on.

by Anonymousreply 179June 21, 2019 2:14 AM

Fergie got around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 21, 2019 2:21 AM

R178 I'd say it's another Megastan trying to hijack the thread again. It's so boring and predictable. These people are either mentally ill or suffer from some sort of intellectual developmental delay. Either way they are sad and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 181June 21, 2019 2:39 AM

The Queen is pretty incredible for her age, she really its powering through all the engagements in the last few months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 21, 2019 2:41 AM

It took me a moment to connect the narrative of Greta with her name. I wouldn’t be able to pick her out of a lineup, but I know who she is. Meghan is much more familiar to me.

But the most famous is Malala. The kids know all about her, they learn about her in social studies class, they dedicated a dance performance to Malala at their school. She’s legendary.

by Anonymousreply 183June 21, 2019 2:42 AM

R180 Don't you have something better to do with your time, like learning how to read properly or tying your shoelaces?

by Anonymousreply 184June 21, 2019 2:44 AM

R182, the Queen has earned my respect. Princess Anne, too. Workhorses, they are, and invariably correct.

Really, Meghan and Harry are at the absolute bottom of the list. If Margaret were still alive, she’d be below them, but she’s dead.

by Anonymousreply 185June 21, 2019 2:45 AM

R184, I never heard of Greta before today myself. I was responding to the implication of R21 (was that you?) that just because you haven't heard of a person doesn't mean they aren't doing important work. Conversely, the fact that some, like Meghan and Harry, are "household names" doesn't mean that they are. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

by Anonymousreply 186June 21, 2019 2:57 AM

At R186, I meant to reference R20. I made the same mistake in my post at R136. Again, apologies.

by Anonymousreply 187June 21, 2019 3:01 AM

I posted the first four about Camilla’s fifteen-year imminent death, R181, and I’m anything but a Megastan.

by Anonymousreply 188June 21, 2019 3:03 AM

The first few Globe covers were funny...but the twat who tried to carry on the joke is annoying. Just stop now.

by Anonymousreply 189June 21, 2019 3:08 AM

Can I suggest, in order to discourage them, that the normal people on this thread eschew all the fangirl lingo of the "Megastans" and only use normal words to talk about her (if we absolutely must talk about her)? If we adopt their codes, we won't be able to tell how many normal people are left on the thread. I use the term "normal" advisedly, having had to do with fangirls in the past.

I've already thought about asking OP to run a poll to see how many gay men are left. It seemed like a lot when these threads started, up to the halcyon period of Eugenie's wedding. Not so much now.

by Anonymousreply 190June 21, 2019 3:13 AM

[quote] Don't you have something better to do with your time

What could be a better use of time than running a joke into the ground???

by Anonymousreply 191June 21, 2019 3:13 AM

In time like this I long for pictures of tiaras

by Anonymousreply 192June 21, 2019 3:15 AM

^^times ......oh and an edit button too

by Anonymousreply 193June 21, 2019 3:16 AM

It's funny if it's about Camilla, but about Meghan? Not Allowed!!

Agree about the tiaras, R192.

by Anonymousreply 194June 21, 2019 3:17 AM

Practicing her curtsy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 21, 2019 3:20 AM

Diana's emerald choker looked beautiful on her neck. When she wore it as a headband, it looked liked a1980's workout headband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 21, 2019 3:20 AM

I think normal people should vote with their fingers.

Anyone using the term “Megstan” should be FFed - as should anyone who crows about the Sussexes getting more likes on IG, blah blah.

Let the losers talk amongst themselves.

by Anonymousreply 197June 21, 2019 3:28 AM

Really r181? Is this a Meghan Markle thread or a BRF thread? One way to spot the skippy tin foil hats—post anything that’s not a MM hate post and watch them lose their minds.

As far as I’m concerned, they’re all equally worthy of my derision.

by Anonymousreply 198June 21, 2019 3:28 AM

Well, I'm not a BRF hater at all, but I am mystified why Kate is always a saint on here and Meghan is always a sinner. Well, somewhat mystified. Have some idea.

by Anonymousreply 199June 21, 2019 3:29 AM

It’s quite possible to dislike Markle without believing in plastic babies or considering that everyone but her (Kate in particular) is a living saint.

It’s a very childish type of tribalism.

by Anonymousreply 200June 21, 2019 3:30 AM

And if Wills is fucking around, well, so be it. They have their kids, and it's probably all a little boring at this point. Kate should fuck around too. Marriage is just dull after a few years.

by Anonymousreply 201June 21, 2019 3:31 AM

Yes, fun to poke fun at all the royals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 21, 2019 3:33 AM

Xposted with R199.

I don’t think race is the issue, if that’s what you’re getting at. It’s how unintelligent people “debate” online now. You either agree with every word I say or you are a cunt who deserves death.

Kate good = Meghan bad. Meghan good - Kate bad.

Quite pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 203June 21, 2019 3:33 AM

That is what I was getting at, r203, I think some people just can't deal with the Black Princess. But that may be unfair. Regardless, it seems silly to pretend that one princess is gloriously perfect and the other is the origin of all evil. They're people, they aren't monsters and they fuck up sometimes. It's not that big a deal. I will say Kate has been fine for years. I feel no dislike for her at all, but I think there's more pressure on Meghan to prove that she is allowed to be a princess.

by Anonymousreply 204June 21, 2019 3:38 AM

Good night race troll at R204.

by Anonymousreply 205June 21, 2019 3:42 AM

good night, r205, happy dreams of an all white England or Europe or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 206June 21, 2019 3:42 AM

I think, R204/R206, that if you’re going to accuse people of racism you need to provide examples of it.

“Y’all hate Meghan because she’s black” won’t get you there. Every single remark made about her on these threads talks about her character. Either that or absurd conspiracy theory crap imported from elsewhere.

Point to a specific example of racism. There are 76 threads now that you can go through which equals around 45,000 comments. Find us the racism or shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 207June 21, 2019 3:50 AM

I actually, very specifically said that I might be being unfair, r207. I get a sense sometimes, but it is not definitive. Everyone might be perfectly fair about race on these threads, but I'm not sure. But what I actually implied in r204 is that there is a different "black and white" going on here, that Kate is all perfect and that Meghan is all wrong, which is stupid regardless of race.

by Anonymousreply 208June 21, 2019 3:54 AM

When was the decree issued making it impossible to just be amused by public figures without giving a fuck about them, or their perceived enemies, otherwise?

I don’t understand the fan mentality at all, particularly when it’s adults who are defending strangers as though their lives depend on it and taking it all so seriously. As hard as it may be for some to believe, not everyone cares enough to have an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 209June 21, 2019 3:57 AM

So, will the Marchioness of Cholmondeley be riding with William in one of the Ascot royal carriages this week? She needs to get out and get some fresh air. And Kate will be home with the rugrats.

by Anonymousreply 210June 21, 2019 4:05 AM

Wow, so Camilla is really going to kill the queen some night on one of her drunken benders? Keep an eye on the Rottweiler. The Globe has her number.

by Anonymousreply 211June 21, 2019 4:07 AM

Wills should be getting it on the regular. What is so damn wrong with the heir to the Throne getting the occasional side piece?

by Anonymousreply 212June 21, 2019 4:08 AM

R208 Yes...but that is happening on most forums that discuss them.

On Celebitchy it’s all St Meg & pathetic Jealous loser Kate. Meghan’s “fans” are every bit as bad.

There’s no balanced conversation anywhere. And it seems to me that there isn’t about anything else either.

Debates & discussions become tribal and therefore pointless very quickly.

What I have noticed is that on forums & threads dedicated to the BRF Meghan tends to be disliked more than Kate but I think that’s because people genuinely don’t like her as a person.

by Anonymousreply 213June 21, 2019 4:28 AM

So Wills' infidelity is okay because there is historical precedent, but God forbid Markle accepts an item of designer wear as a gift, despite the royals levying taxes and accepting bribes for centuries?

by Anonymousreply 214June 21, 2019 5:22 AM

R181 Hey you troll, I find these Globe covers quite amusing. But you don't , clearly. You want us to focus the plastic baby, Meghan's past as a "yacht girl", breast implants, and all that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 21, 2019 5:31 AM

R215 Wow, Showbiz Cheat Sheet, you have some reputable source here, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 216June 21, 2019 6:17 AM

About the Middleton, you can't ask them to be the only business not selling Royal related stuff. It's their job, they're not cashing in it more than Amazon or Ebay.

Or maybe you just want them to close their business because you hate middle-class people Success is reserved to the Aristos or Foreigners, God forbid middle-class Birtish people making money.

by Anonymousreply 217June 21, 2019 6:22 AM

The only reason British vogue is even looking at Meghan is because the new editor is a black man from Ghana. He's another "woke" type. Oh, dear...

by Anonymousreply 218June 21, 2019 6:46 AM

Does anyone take Vogue, US or UK edition, seriously anymore? I've kept my old copies of Vogue France and Italy from the 80s and 90s because of the masterful photography, but once Kardashian/West was put on the cover of US Vogue, it lost all credibility.

by Anonymousreply 219June 21, 2019 6:51 AM

Meghan is a click-bait, magazines use her because people speak about her.

It doesn't mean she's popular but it's free publicity and magazines need it.

by Anonymousreply 220June 21, 2019 6:54 AM

Each and every institution deteriorates and becomes a caricature of itself over time, R219, especially when they outlive many human generations.

by Anonymousreply 221June 21, 2019 6:56 AM

The Sussex Foundation gonna be interesting.

Emily Andrews already starts hitting about the Sussex doing projects in the US. The US have always been Meghan's goal, she doesn't care about UK or even the Commonwealth. She wants her revenge in the US where she was some D-list actress.

But if she wants to be the American Duchess, let the US pay for her lifestyle. There's no reason the BRF should found her or Harry.

by Anonymousreply 222June 21, 2019 7:03 AM

Testing the waters or stirring the pot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223June 21, 2019 7:12 AM

R223. She gets the title of Duchess or Cornwall and nothing more. That's what they announced when they married. She cannot be princess or queen. Camilla is a whore who started cheating with Charles before, during and throughout Diana's marriage. Charles and Camilla are pure evil.

by Anonymousreply 224June 21, 2019 7:22 AM

I loved the Globe posts! Thankyou, although I did have to give up on my breakfast, it was going everywhere. I think there was a hint of truth in the Matt Lauer one, if you believe that Enty does hit the spot on a majority of his blinds.

The tribal arguing/debates over Meghan and Kate will always appear on forums where posters had no knowledge of the BRF before Harry's wedding, luckily here we have some wonderful and knowledgeable people who make this place a really interesting and educational pit-stop.

We have the jokers, they do make me laugh.

And when we get bombarded by outsiders, it blows over when we post a couple of stories of historical figures, especially facially challenged ones. Anyway, here's a beauty, Marg in the Poltimore Tiara, on her way to a State Banquet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 21, 2019 7:28 AM

Oh shut up, R224. Diana cheated before Charles did. Was she “pure evil” too?

I don’t know why people like you get so hysterical about stuff like this. Charles & Diana had an unhappy marriage and both looked for happiness elsewhere. It’s a boring story played out every day in every country on the planet. But when a couple happen to be “royal” (a wholly made up institution) somehow fairly standard human unhappiness turns into “pure evil”.

Grow up, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 226June 21, 2019 7:31 AM

r224 I agree with what you’re saying regarding Camilla’s title. However, why are stories and editorials increasingly popping up claiming Charles wants her to be Queen or that she should be Queen? What’s driving the narrative?

I don’t agree Charles and Camilla are pure evil.

by Anonymousreply 227June 21, 2019 7:33 AM

R224 Don’t make stuff up - you only look stupid. It was announced at their marriage that Camilla would be known as The Princess Consort upon her husband’s accession.

What will happen at that time? Who knows? But obsessives such as yourself need to get a grip and move on. Diana has been dead for more than twenty years.

by Anonymousreply 228June 21, 2019 7:47 AM

Not a huge fan of Kate's blue dress (tho the skirt was gorgeous), but I must say she's looking more beautiful than I've ever seen her, and I think she's lovely anyway. That kind of serenity and confidence must be earned, and she's there. God, she's just glowing.

by Anonymousreply 229June 21, 2019 7:57 AM

For those looking for a racist statement about Meghan

[quote] The only reason British vogue is even looking at Meghan is because the new editor is a black man from Ghana. He's another "woke" type. Oh, dear...

With no justification or context whatsoever poster R218 is saying the black editor is hiring for reasons other than good business practice. By referencing his race, the poster implies that the reason for the choice is race based. His immigration status may also be a factor. It would also be racist (sexist and xenophobic) if someone said a white, female English editor picked people who align with her race, gender and county of origin without presenting any other contextual information.

Non racist criticism of the Vogue/DoS arrangement

[quote] Meghan is a click-bait, magazines use her because people speak about her.

[quote] It doesn't mean she's popular but it's free publicity and magazines need it.

Absent any other information, it's safe to say magazines are in the business of making money through ad revenue linked to how much attention they get. The reasons for asking Meghan are probably based on her fame/infamy and thus similar to other celebrity guest editors. This is not much different from Kate "designing" a garden. That doesn't mean Meghan will do much work. Her contribution may be good or it may be shitty and vapid. The point is to attract attention. It makes good business sense for Vogue, regardless of the race, gender or country of origin of the editor.

Kate's garden design project was not commercial and Vogue clearly is. It seems a a bad fit for a working royal to be connected to a commercial entity that can also make political statements.

by Anonymousreply 230June 21, 2019 8:23 AM

r228 Luckily the Diana obsessives are in a clear minority now. There was a yougov poll a while back, most people don't really care about her being called Queen Camilla. Ironically if Diana had survived I suspect Charles would have remarried much sooner and Camilla would have been called the Princess of Wales. People forget how much the press and public had turned in the year before her death.

by Anonymousreply 231June 21, 2019 8:25 AM

R230 I was the one asking for examples of racist statements - and I agree with you, that’s unquestionably racist.

It’s the first I’ve seen on here though.

by Anonymousreply 232June 21, 2019 8:26 AM

R232 You must be new and didn't get throught all the comments about Meghan's "hair" or Doria being called "Dorito" for no fucking reason.

It seems the Hair troll is not here anymore.

by Anonymousreply 233June 21, 2019 8:41 AM

What comments about her “hair”? It’s racist not to like someone’s hair?

And what’s racist about “Dorito”? Are Doritos associated only with black people?

I am not remotely new and you have no idea what racism means.

by Anonymousreply 234June 21, 2019 8:44 AM

Yes, Meg's hair is called 'a frizzy mess' on here because it's naturally curly due to her race, and won't ever look as shiny and straight as Kate's. Meg's thin calves, another racial trait, have been frequently decried as 'Polio legs'. People make these racist comments on every thread.

I've also seen posts about Edward Enninful only being interested in M because she's biracial here before. The poster who always accuses others of being PR shills was deriding him.

by Anonymousreply 235June 21, 2019 8:52 AM

R234 Oh, the Hair troll is here finally.

Obsessing over Meghan's hair during weeks has clearly a racist tone. Meghan has "bad hair", read afro hair while Kate has "good hair", read white people hair.

by Anonymousreply 236June 21, 2019 8:52 AM

R236, yep - and I've seen them say her complexion looks 'dirty' as well.

by Anonymousreply 237June 21, 2019 8:54 AM

It's not the first R232. Every few threads there are posts that say "Meghan hates being black because she straightens her hair" "she has no black friends" "only dates white guys" "she looks unwashed" "she's a gangsta" or comments along those lines. I find it tedious to respond to those posts.

Not all criticism of Meghan is racist but some of it definitely is.

by Anonymousreply 238June 21, 2019 8:58 AM

You cunts see what you want to see...reading racism where there is none.

Thin calves are not a “racial trait”.

Markle’s hair has been processed to within an inch of it’s life and is often in poor condition.

It’s a perfectly fair comment that straightening her hair, remodelling her nose to look more like her white father’s than her black mother’s, exclusively dating & marrying white men and joining a white sorority doesn’t exactly indicate a woman embracing her black heritage. Sorry...just doesn’t.

And whenever I’ve seen anyone talking about her having dirty skin it’s accompanied by an image of her with streaky make up and dirty looking skin.

Never seen anyone call her “gangsta” on here. Never. That’s a lie.

What you are basically all saying is that any remark about Markle’s appearance is racist...but it’s fine to go on about Camilla (in her 70s) looking haggard and having sagging tits etc.

by Anonymousreply 239June 21, 2019 9:07 AM

R239 Bitch, it's something to comment about her hair one or two times, but obsessing on her hair during weeks is "weird".

Of course, I never saw a comment calling her a fucking nigga, but insisting over and over on her nose or her hair has clearly a racist undertone.

If you want to diss her, speak about her behavior but commenting 150 times on her hair is at least tedious.

by Anonymousreply 240June 21, 2019 9:16 AM

R239's comment is the kind I find tedious. No discussion started in that tone seems likely to achieve any racial understanding so I wouldn't bother responding to each point. This isn't the forum for real progress on that issue IMO.

I'll restate that R218 is evidence that some of the criticism of Meghan is racist. R220 is critical but not racist.

by Anonymousreply 241June 21, 2019 9:23 AM

Calve structure IS a racial indicator. Not always, but often.

by Anonymousreply 242June 21, 2019 9:26 AM

I'm someone who's commented how ratty and damaged her hair looks and that I think she'd come across more authentically and better groomed if she didn't fry it to the max with straightening treatments. Is that racist? It's a fact - chemically straightened hair on people of African descent frequently looks unhealthy and fried.

by Anonymousreply 243June 21, 2019 9:28 AM

To the poster that asked earlier, yes Meghan played a slut on Suits and yes she is a terrible actress. It's painfully obvious why she never got further in her career.

by Anonymousreply 244June 21, 2019 9:30 AM

I'm with R243 MMs hair would look better if she just stopped straightening it and frying it. I'm surprised it hasn't fallen out already.

by Anonymousreply 245June 21, 2019 9:31 AM

Meghan's hair was good during her Suit days, they knew what they were doing.

Tbh, her looks downgraded since she's with Harry. If you look at her pics 2 years ago, it's day and night.

by Anonymousreply 246June 21, 2019 9:35 AM

Can all the MM acolytes please just fuck off, we know you are here to shut the thread down, we know that one of you posts a slightly racist comment so the others can come on and act all indignant. We know that some of you pretend to like Kate, we know some of you pretend to be gay men and call people Frau. We know you say that you like neither Kate nor Meghan but are just here for tiaras but most of all we know you are dickheads with low IQ's

by Anonymousreply 247June 21, 2019 9:35 AM

Millions of white women straighten their hair too. Kate colours her hair so it's lost some of its sheen - maybe she should stop doing that too? And Kate also had a nose job, but is never criticised for it.

Meghan's hair usually looks great. Keratin straightening usually leaves hair in good condition, as hers invariably is.

by Anonymousreply 248June 21, 2019 9:36 AM

'Can all the MM acolytes please just fuck off, we know you are here to shut the thread down, we know that one of you posts ...'

Mentally stable adults can tolerate dissent without becoming strident and emotional. Not everyone here hates Meghan. Stop taking it all so personally, you sound deranged.

You need a balance on these threads, because without it, you and others veer off into hate speech, which is why your beloved Dangling Tendrils threads were closed.

by Anonymousreply 249June 21, 2019 9:40 AM

Just no no no, her hair is not in good condition, and if she would only visit a stylist, an amazing stylist, seeing as she has access to funds most can't even fathom, then she could revamp her style and it could possibly be amazing.

I can't understand, so much money spent on clothes and accessories, and nothing done to "crown" the whole look.

by Anonymousreply 250June 21, 2019 9:43 AM

R248 Compare her hair today to her Suits time, you'll see the difference.

It's kind of crazy she can't find a proper hairdresser with all this money.

by Anonymousreply 251June 21, 2019 9:46 AM

I think she'd look adorable in something like this. It could look fabulous with her delicate face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 21, 2019 9:46 AM

[quote] I'm someone who's commented how ratty and damaged her hair looks and that I think she'd come across more authentically and better groomed if she didn't fry it to the max with straightening treatments. Is that racist?

Yes, but you may not know that it is.

Black women are often in a lose/lose situation with their hair. If they wear it naturally, it takes an impractically long time to style, it gets damaged by friction, they are criticized because it looks too "ethnic", "they seem too militant," "it looks unprofessional" "they're not properly groomed" If they straighten their hair it doesn't look like naturally straight hair, it become chemically or heat damaged, it's not "authentic"

This is a long running issue for black women in personal and professional spaces. You may not know about this debate. If you say you don't like Meghan's hair I don't think that's racist. By saying her hair style is linked to her authenticity I think the comment at R243 stepped across a line. By saying she isn't properly groomed for something she has little control over that is racially specific, the comment is in racist territory IMO. That doesn't mean I'm saying the poster is racist or that the poster knowingly made a racist statement.

by Anonymousreply 253June 21, 2019 9:47 AM

Her hair was really good.

I fear her hair may never recover, she needs to cut her hair short if she wants this kind of look. R252

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 21, 2019 9:49 AM

Comparing Meghan's hair IRL to her character on Suits isn't fair. The character is the result of hours spent in hair and makeup, was on screen for limited periods of time, shot from multiple angles and edited for best effect. Who knows how much of the Suits hair was Meghan's.

by Anonymousreply 255June 21, 2019 9:51 AM

Meghan didn't play a slut on Suits. She played a paralegal desperate to pass her LSAT and become a lawyer. The first few seasons revolved around that and her growing relationship with a lawyer called Mike.

by Anonymousreply 256June 21, 2019 9:52 AM

R252 that's a wig or a weave.

by Anonymousreply 257June 21, 2019 9:52 AM

R255 She doesn't have a full time job as a Duchess, she has time to take care of it.

Kate sure spends a lot of time with her hairdresser.

by Anonymousreply 258June 21, 2019 9:54 AM

Is a wig something she could consider? Seems like it would make life a lot easier!

by Anonymousreply 259June 21, 2019 9:56 AM

R255 she could if she wanted to. Sophie and Anne don't spend as much time with their hairdresser and they are not called "inauthentic" or improperly groomed for not having hair like Kate.

by Anonymousreply 260June 21, 2019 9:56 AM

People saying she should dress like her Suits character at royal events are also being unfair. Pencil skirts and sleeveless tops aren't suitable for a working royal and you would be the first to yell 'hoe' if she appeared dressed like that, considering you freak out when she shows her shoulders or doesn't wear tights.

by Anonymousreply 261June 21, 2019 9:57 AM

Kate's hair would be difficult to aspire to, even for a white woman with great hair. M shouldn't even go in that direction.

by Anonymousreply 262June 21, 2019 9:58 AM

R259 For practical reasons that's a choice many black women make. The original discussion was about racism. If Meghan wore a wig would she be more "authentic" or would people criticize her for being fake? BTW I've seen criticism that she's wearing weaves or wigs.

by Anonymousreply 263June 21, 2019 9:59 AM

My Friday coffee break read .

"Were Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson Nazi Sympathizers?

Having a friendly relationship with Adolf Hitler, many speculated that the Duke and Duchess of Windsor were involved in a plot to overthrow the British crown during World War II. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 21, 2019 10:06 AM

R261 It's how Queen Leatizia dresses.

by Anonymousreply 265June 21, 2019 10:07 AM

"Princess Margaret's Rebellious Morning Routine Proves She Was The Queen Of Debauchery" .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 21, 2019 10:07 AM

R263, she would face terrible criticism and derision here if she wore a wig or a weave.

50% of white women use straighteners every day. Straight, sleek hair has been fashionable since the 90s and shows no sign of going away.

Kate got her first grey hairs in her 20s, but you won't see anyone here saying she should go natural and stop dying it.

by Anonymousreply 267June 21, 2019 10:09 AM

Margaret was a lush, which is why she looked like shit as she got older.

by Anonymousreply 268June 21, 2019 10:10 AM

Meghan's hair is beside the point. Every bit of her looks ragged now and she's never going back to what she was even just two years ago. I'm ready for her Real Housewives phase. You just know she's going to go overboard with the fillers just like her friend, the gruesome Mulroney.

by Anonymousreply 269June 21, 2019 10:12 AM

Please see the 2018 TTC. Meghan was most definitely wearing a wig.

by Anonymousreply 270June 21, 2019 10:14 AM

MM's processed hair is thin with bald spots, traction alopecia on top and sides she regularly wears weave and half wigs for fullness and of course, Kate wears primo micro-extensions she has some of the best out there. MM made her choice to assimilate her hair. But it used to be so full and healthy looking back in the day.

The video link is pure comedy with no annoying voice over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 21, 2019 10:20 AM

It'a a pity we can't access this three year old Tig post. I'd like to compare it to the Sussex Royal Insta post for June.

Any sleuths present?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272June 21, 2019 10:20 AM

I want to see Bea and Edo at Royal Ascot today, in something like this. On either one of them.

I

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 21, 2019 10:40 AM

Yes R273!

More Edo please.

by Anonymousreply 274June 21, 2019 10:47 AM

Emaciated calves are not a racial characteristic. That is just not true. Stop it, troll.

by Anonymousreply 275June 21, 2019 10:50 AM

Emaciated calves are more an indication of diet and exercise.

by Anonymousreply 276June 21, 2019 10:54 AM

Why doesn't MM just put her hair up in an elegant fashion? Would be exciting to see her in a variety of up-dos, chignon-type or bun-like styles.

Re Kate, If she started taking Biotin daily she wouldn't need extensions. I went from thin, fine, short hair to long & thick (for the very 1st time in my life) due to Biotin. Also recommend Aveda shampoo & conditioners, particularly their hair thickener & be curly products. You only need to use a tiny bit so it's not as pricey as it seems.

by Anonymousreply 277June 21, 2019 11:01 AM

DL, Do you think Edo would make a good Royal husband?

by Anonymousreply 278June 21, 2019 11:01 AM

Many black people have relatively thin calves even with excellent diet and exercise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 21, 2019 11:02 AM

What's the point of over-the-top hats? How can anyone see over them if they're bigger than QE II's very pretty but tasteful hats? Aren't these huge monstrosities very heavy to wear? Does anyone get hurt when they get to close to the wrong hat-wearing lady?

by Anonymousreply 280June 21, 2019 11:03 AM

R278 I'm here for another royal wedding and he is pretty good to look at too. As for husband material not so sure but it will be fun to watch. I think he will be better behaved than MM though.

by Anonymousreply 281June 21, 2019 11:05 AM

The hat game is raising as the week goes on. Or is that someone's back garden?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 21, 2019 11:07 AM

Quite right, straightening hair in itself is not sign of inauthenticity. But added to a nose job to obtain a less African-looking nose, joining a white sorority, dating and marrying only white men, having only white friends apart from 3 very high profile black celebrities - this does not bespeak any identification with her black heritage. And banging on about feminism when her career and personal advancement have been based on connections through marriage, calling herself a vegan yet cooking chicken, calling herself a humanitarian based on one very limited PR trip to a developing country, calling herself an animal lover having abandoned one rescue dog and neglected the other, extensive cosmetic treatments such as dental reconstruction, botox and fillers - yes, all this adds up to inauthenticity.

And please tell me - what is so laborious about styling natural African hair? The men at my gym seem to manage without complicated straightening techniques.

by Anonymousreply 283June 21, 2019 11:07 AM

What R278 said!

by Anonymousreply 284June 21, 2019 11:08 AM

R282, That hat is actually rather pretty if it weren't on someone's head.

by Anonymousreply 285June 21, 2019 11:08 AM

Speculation on Insta that Fergie will attend today.

I'll root for that. If so, Eug and Jack, and Bea and Edo will be there to protect her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 21, 2019 11:09 AM

Mum's been to Iceland! #RoyalAscot #WheresThePrawnRing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 21, 2019 11:14 AM

Severe hat game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288June 21, 2019 11:15 AM

R253 was willing to consider that R243 was a racist comment but that the poster may not have meant it as such.

R283 is a useful clarification. Now we know that both the post and the poster are racist. That's helpful.

by Anonymousreply 289June 21, 2019 11:16 AM

New engagement for Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 21, 2019 11:17 AM

Maxima has good hat game

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291June 21, 2019 11:17 AM

I'm loving this look at Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 21, 2019 11:21 AM

R290, Does that announcement mean that Prince Harry's going solo? Or with his buds but sans MM?

by Anonymousreply 293June 21, 2019 11:22 AM

R283 I think banging on about feminism when your entire career and has been based on exploiting your appearance and your marriages Is a little hard to justify and your other examples of her actions not matching her words are telling.

But why should Meghan have to demonstrate how authentically black she is? She gravitates towards the people and activities she gravitates toward. Some of this may be motivated by social climbing, that is her choice. She was raised by a white man, with white siblings, and if she did 23andme I am guessing that her percentage of European ancestry would be much more than 50%. Now that she is a public figure, she has to acknowledge her black heritage, not to do so would be actively insulting to black people. But I don’t think she should manufacture a false affinity. And why shouldn’t she join the sorority and marry the men that appeal to her the most? The nose job - she’s an actress. No big deal.

by Anonymousreply 294June 21, 2019 11:22 AM

R291, R292, Both beautiful looks on the ladies.

by Anonymousreply 295June 21, 2019 11:23 AM

Well, R253, why don't you refute the points I raised? It's not as if my viewpoint is unique; MM is hardly known as a shining example of integrity.

by Anonymousreply 296June 21, 2019 11:23 AM

I don't know R293.

by Anonymousreply 297June 21, 2019 11:25 AM

R291 Those diamond earrings of Maxima are pretty amazing

by Anonymousreply 298June 21, 2019 11:28 AM

LOVE R292! As cute as Eugenie is she looks like a moose in that dress, and don't get me started on the nipple disaster. Bea looked better, for once.

by Anonymousreply 299June 21, 2019 11:29 AM

It just proves that all the articles about parental leave were bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 300June 21, 2019 11:29 AM

Today is Will's birthday. SussexRoyal IG didn't do a separate birthday message for him like they did for others, including Louis and Charlotte. All they did was comment on the Kensington Palace message that thanked everyone for their birthday wishes.

"Happy Birthday to the Duke of Cambridge" was what Will got. Even Philip got "Wishing His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh, Sir, Grandpa a very Happy 98th Birthday! 🎂" And he's assumed to be the one who called her a "Degree Wife" and said you don't marry actresses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301June 21, 2019 11:31 AM

I wonder if the reality of being at home w/ meghan + baby killed his view of what parental leave would entail

by Anonymousreply 302June 21, 2019 11:31 AM

Yes for R292

by Anonymousreply 303June 21, 2019 11:31 AM

Ascot 1987 — Cardinal Burke photobombs three Dynasty extras

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 21, 2019 11:33 AM

Ethnicity-Related Skeletal Muscle Differences Across the Lifespan - clink on link

Scientific studies show that skeletal muscle differences among races absolutely exists.

In fact, there are physiologic reasons African runners dominate the marathon field. Typically, the African runners are not criticized for having skinny calves. Those skinny calves have an evolutionary advantage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 21, 2019 11:34 AM

R304 I remember this! The 80's was so over the top, so much material in clothes, I really miss it.

by Anonymousreply 306June 21, 2019 11:36 AM

I thought they would stoop to writing a birthday post with no titles, but to not write a birthday post for WIlliam at all - only a brief throwaway in the comment section - that's so incredibly petty. What aresholes MM and Harry are.

by Anonymousreply 307June 21, 2019 11:39 AM

Setting up camp, waiting for the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308June 21, 2019 11:39 AM

[quote] MM is hardly known as a shining example of integrity.

The topic of discussion wasn't whether Meghan is a shining example of integrity R296. You're conflating issues. A poster asked for examples of racist criticism of Meghan. The posts at R218, R243 and 283 are racist in my opinion. They are critical of Meghan based on racial stereotypes and or expectations. Not all criticism of Meghan is racist.

Please see my post at R230 and R238 for more.

by Anonymousreply 309June 21, 2019 11:40 AM

Love Diana and Sarah's hat game, remember when they were the best of friends before Diana got jealous and Fergie said she gave her veruca from a pair of shoes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310June 21, 2019 11:42 AM

ITA, R307. They continue to reinforce all the negativity swirling around them. Unbelievably childish.

by Anonymousreply 311June 21, 2019 11:42 AM

Remember when they called Sarah the "Duchess of Pork"? MM will inherit that title soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 312June 21, 2019 11:44 AM

Carriage Procession Day 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313June 21, 2019 11:44 AM

The Duchess of Cake Fork R 312

by Anonymousreply 314June 21, 2019 11:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 21, 2019 11:45 AM

Whoops, R312

by Anonymousreply 316June 21, 2019 11:45 AM

R315, Love Sarah's outfit with the diametrically trimmed jacked.

by Anonymousreply 317June 21, 2019 11:47 AM

R315 Lol, they got into trouble for poking Lulu Blacker from the Queen

by Anonymousreply 318June 21, 2019 11:48 AM

R315 I much prefer Fergie's outfit then Diana's

by Anonymousreply 319June 21, 2019 11:48 AM

Unusual, but striking with the plan white dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 21, 2019 11:49 AM

Is that Kitty Spencer? There's something about her face that annoys the shit out of me. She looks snobby.

by Anonymousreply 321June 21, 2019 11:51 AM

I don't like Meghan or Harry but I thought the whole drama where people got upset when they didn't address the children by their titles was a bit overdone. I thought they'd at least pretend to care about Will and do a harmless birthday post. Maybe a cute pic of them together as kids to soften the rift? Even Andy did a nicer tribute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 21, 2019 11:51 AM

R320 Love this, I want to go to Ascot again, it really is a fabulous day out

by Anonymousreply 323June 21, 2019 11:51 AM

Wow, I like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324June 21, 2019 11:52 AM

The pic at R322 is wonderful. Andy was such a fox.

by Anonymousreply 325June 21, 2019 11:53 AM

R322 Andy is outstanding

by Anonymousreply 326June 21, 2019 11:53 AM

No, I am not conflating any issues. I maintain that MM's lack of authenticity with respect to her black heritage is shown in the aesthetic, professional and personal choices she has made and I have provided examples. The hair is one of many.

If you think that defines me as a racist, that's fine.

by Anonymousreply 327June 21, 2019 11:54 AM

R321, no Kitty is more booby and voluptuous.

by Anonymousreply 328June 21, 2019 11:54 AM

The hats with the small veil always give me "widow on the prowl" vibes.

by Anonymousreply 329June 21, 2019 11:54 AM

M will keep the chasm between the Sux's and the Cambridges alive and gaping as long as she possibly can, R322, because she thrives on discord.

by Anonymousreply 330June 21, 2019 11:56 AM

Ascot 1985; Diana invited Fergie to join her and this was the day that her and Andrew started their romance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331June 21, 2019 11:56 AM

Fergie went over-the-top suffragette in 1991, but I think it's the best she's ever looked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332June 21, 2019 11:58 AM

Oof, bet that won't be on for long. #AscotHats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 21, 2019 11:58 AM

NO, Eugenie, NO!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334June 21, 2019 12:00 PM

R332 I don't mind this look on Fergie, I loved the 2 of them together! It was such a shame that Diana stopped speaking to her when they had been so close since they were young. Diana really was fickle with her friendships.

by Anonymousreply 335June 21, 2019 12:01 PM

R334 I must be the only one on here who thought Eugenie looked lovely in that outfit and hat

by Anonymousreply 336June 21, 2019 12:03 PM

Wag Becky Vardy is going in her usual face like a slapped arse self.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 21, 2019 12:03 PM

I liked it too R366, I was surprised how small her waist was. Like the garden party dress, I liked that, too. She suits the pinched in waist, show it off girl.

by Anonymousreply 338June 21, 2019 12:05 PM

I mean R336 ***

by Anonymousreply 339June 21, 2019 12:05 PM

Going on the past few years, Fergie will be there either today or tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 340June 21, 2019 12:07 PM

I actually forgot how thin Fergie was at one point. She was even a a little thick on her wedding day and usually if a woman is gonna lose it, she'd lose it for her big day. Especially one as watched as hers was. Looks like she lost quite a bit after her wedding. Rivalry with Di? Tired of the press calling her the Duchess of Pork? Or did that come later?

by Anonymousreply 341June 21, 2019 12:09 PM

I thought Eugenie looked perfectly nice in her outfit.

by Anonymousreply 342June 21, 2019 12:11 PM

Happy birthday to Prince William who is 37 years old today. This photo was taken at the time when he was first considered as a royal heartthrob. How much he has changed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343June 21, 2019 12:16 PM

Some women (as well as some men, btw) don't lose weight when they actually - and desperately - want to. High amounts of cortisole can in fact slow down your metabolism. These stress hormones can mess up your entire metabolism for quite a while. As soon as the stress goes away, so does the weight.

It's a bit like women desperately wanting to get pregnant. As soon as they don't give a fuck any longer (pun not intended), they get knocked up all of a sudden.

by Anonymousreply 344June 21, 2019 12:16 PM

The Royal Foundation ~ The Sussex Shutdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 21, 2019 12:18 PM

Choreographed and Camp!

Dubai Racing TV at Royal Ascot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 21, 2019 12:26 PM

R327 Meghan is an actress who got a nose job. They are a dime a dozen. Kate has also had a nose job. The comment at R283 considers Meghan's nose job a statement about her racial identity in an analysis that is not generally applied to others.

I consider it problematic at best for anyone to judge someone else's "lack of authenticity with respect to her black heritage." It's even more problematic when you know so little about the person you've decided to judge. By your count, Benita Litt doesn't count as a POC who is also Meghan's friend. The biracial teenage boyfriend doesn't count for you either. All this measuring of friends and boyfriends is ridiculous.

Who died and made you the race police?

How many black friends does one need to have to count as authentically black? How many black boyfriends? Do those numbers change based on skin tone? And by what ratio? Would a dark-skinned woman need fewer black friends and boyfriends? Are the shades of the boyfriends relevant? Are white woman inauthentic if they have too many non-white friends? How many? Do white men need to date within their race? (I see you De Niro) What level of curl pattern qualifies for straightening without losing authenticity? How many black people should be in a sorority for it to be considered black vs mixed vs white? If a light skinned black person ticks many of these boxes are they doing it sincerely or are they virtue signalling?

Cultural authenticity is difficult to codify within a people group. It is impossible to do within one human body. It is racist to simplify so much criticism of Meghan to an analysis of race and racial stereotypes as you have done at R283 and another poster has done at R218.

Not all criticism of Meghan is racist but some of it is.

by Anonymousreply 347June 21, 2019 12:33 PM

Alpha Will back in the day in had some hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 21, 2019 12:40 PM

Fergie in the yellow polka dots in R304 is divine. Re Edo, clearly Bea inherited her mother’s love of drama. Anyone can see that boy is bad news.

by Anonymousreply 349June 21, 2019 12:41 PM

Meghan had her father's nose, not Doria's. She even made a comment about getting his nose in one of her blog posts about him. Even after her nose job you can see she just has a scaled down version of his nose. Not a bad look from the front, but in profile it's a horror. Not sure why she chose this pic as one to release for their engagement. Harry actually has the same nose if you see him in profile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 21, 2019 12:43 PM

Now who amongst us doesn't love a bad boy? Especially one who looks like Edo. It may end in heartbreak, but Bea will have fun in the meantime.

by Anonymousreply 351June 21, 2019 12:43 PM

As much as I discount Lainey because of her financial ties to the Mulroneys, I think she’s dead on correct that the main source of BRF drama is tension between Charles, Will, and Harry. Charles is famously jealous of the attention his sons get and anxious about any potential challenge to his power as King in the future. Rumor is that Will inherited this trait from his father and it’s even led to issues between Kate and him. Now Harry marries a woman who quite obviously wants to build a public image and brand, meaning he is also trying to court public acclaim. They are at loggerheads with each other.

by Anonymousreply 352June 21, 2019 12:44 PM

R351 yes she will! Sometimes stability is not as much fun as an over-the-top heartbreak...

by Anonymousreply 353June 21, 2019 12:46 PM

Sarah and Diana were the best. Loved them both. They had personality and pizzazz...unlike this current crop of lackluster moody bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354June 21, 2019 12:47 PM

Margaret with her husband Antony, Earl Snowdon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355June 21, 2019 12:47 PM

The Queen with her only daughter Princess Anne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356June 21, 2019 12:48 PM

Love Harry Markle, writing this time about why the Royal Foundation had to split from the Sussexes. He noted the duo's unwillingness to work as a team, their phony behavior and smiles that inevitably slip, and then the greed and ugliness shining through.

by Anonymousreply 357June 21, 2019 12:49 PM

The Queen and Anne yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358June 21, 2019 12:49 PM

A rare photo of the Queen and baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359June 21, 2019 12:50 PM

Sisters Elizabeth and Margaret with a similar style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360June 21, 2019 12:51 PM

The Queen was in a jovial mood yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361June 21, 2019 12:52 PM

Autumn Phillips in the carriage yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 21, 2019 12:53 PM

R361 The Queen is amused

by Anonymousreply 363June 21, 2019 12:56 PM

Ascot 1990 Not sure about Diana's hat but love the outfit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364June 21, 2019 12:59 PM

The carriage procession is about to start on ITV , although I'm more interested in who is there, today, not necessarily the procession. Hoping for Fergie, daughters and partners, but if not today, then tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 365June 21, 2019 1:00 PM

R349, Much prefer Jack B's seeming stability to Edo as a BRF choice of mate. Some woman lack the ability to "read" a man especially if he's initially solicitous and charming. Still it's a very bad sign if he broke up an engagement and left a tot to date her. Surprised once again QE II didn't interfere, unless she believes it to be temporary only.

by Anonymousreply 366June 21, 2019 1:00 PM

She's in peach, today!

The Queen leaves Windsor for Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367June 21, 2019 1:02 PM

Love that she had the confidence to mix all those colors together, R364. It doesn't clash as badly as you'd think it would!

Can we all agree that the 80's were just a more fun time?

by Anonymousreply 368June 21, 2019 1:02 PM

Sorry, it's a bright pink.

by Anonymousreply 369June 21, 2019 1:03 PM

Yes, the updo is a very professional look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370June 21, 2019 1:03 PM

We all have to do experience it at least once, R366. Loving the wrong man, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 371June 21, 2019 1:04 PM

Lady Helen Taylor, riding with the Queen, looks lovely, I'm sure pics will follow.

by Anonymousreply 372June 21, 2019 1:04 PM

Sorry for that mangled sentence!

by Anonymousreply 373June 21, 2019 1:07 PM

Kudos to r347. There are some posters (not all) who need to look in the mirror after reading his/her post.

by Anonymousreply 374June 21, 2019 1:07 PM

Swipe for Ascot madness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375June 21, 2019 1:08 PM

I didn't even bother to read R347.

by Anonymousreply 376June 21, 2019 1:08 PM

Edo would make an excellent royal husband. Bea and Edo are the Fergie and Andy of our times. Edo will do the toe sucking.

by Anonymousreply 377June 21, 2019 1:08 PM

R370, Yes, as I said earlier MM should always wear her hair up in a variety of styles, add stockings or tights if that's a BRF tradition, and patronize British-made clothes. Would be lovely if she went to design schools and promoted the up and coming talented. Surprising as an actress that she hasn't thoroughly studied the major role she's accepted.

by Anonymousreply 378June 21, 2019 1:09 PM

And you probably needed it most of all, r376. Living in a cocoon is nice, until you realize you’re a bug.

by Anonymousreply 379June 21, 2019 1:10 PM

R364 - I think Diana's hat and outfit there are from a trip to the Far East, and the shape of the hat and the colours were intended to honour the local architecture and colours.

by Anonymousreply 380June 21, 2019 1:10 PM

Whatevs, R379. I couldn't care less.

by Anonymousreply 381June 21, 2019 1:11 PM

Ascot Madness Part Deux. Including ghosted Lizzie Cundy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382June 21, 2019 1:11 PM

R376 It wasn't for you. R296 insisted I respond so I did.

by Anonymousreply 383June 21, 2019 1:12 PM

Wow, R375, these are amazing! I love the pink and white pompoms and the teapot pouring flowers. So creative and imaginative.

by Anonymousreply 384June 21, 2019 1:12 PM

R375 - fourth photo, woman on the left = looks like Queen Margaery on the Game of Thrones (actress Natalie Dormer?).

by Anonymousreply 385June 21, 2019 1:12 PM

Liz and Lady Helen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386June 21, 2019 1:16 PM

More Hat Game!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387June 21, 2019 1:17 PM

R382, that Lizzie Cundy looks like a Lohan/junkie.

by Anonymousreply 388June 21, 2019 1:17 PM

That carriage is amazing, R386.

by Anonymousreply 389June 21, 2019 1:18 PM

Lady Helen looks so much like her beautiful mother

by Anonymousreply 390June 21, 2019 1:18 PM

R385, Love the entire look.

Do most of these women intentionally look ridiculous with their outrageous hats? Reminds me of Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 391June 21, 2019 1:18 PM

Look at that sky!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392June 21, 2019 1:20 PM

Hand-dyed Ombre Feather Hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393June 21, 2019 1:21 PM

At Ascot, where are all these rich hat people in comparison to the drunk riff raff? I mean, they obviously don't hang out together, so do the rich hat people stay in one part and the unfortunate slobs stay in another part?

by Anonymousreply 394June 21, 2019 1:21 PM

MM can do whatever she pleases...virtue signaling, salad tossing, casting couching, merching, mugging for the camera, whatever. But someone who has made so much effort to lean white (in addition to all her other manipulations and deceptions) has no credibility when it comes to claiming racial harassment as she has. She's only black when it is expedient to be so.

by Anonymousreply 395June 21, 2019 1:23 PM

Piers Morgan's missus has been to Hobbycraft.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396June 21, 2019 1:24 PM

R395 is another good example of a racist post. Can the racists go congregate elsewhere so the rest of us can gossip about the royals in peace?

by Anonymousreply 397June 21, 2019 1:26 PM

R394 the riff raff pay about £21 for admission tickets, cheap day out.

by Anonymousreply 398June 21, 2019 1:26 PM

At R354, Diana's snowsuit was so 80s!

by Anonymousreply 399June 21, 2019 1:28 PM

Do they sell food at Ascot? How do these women eat it with their massive head toppers?

by Anonymousreply 400June 21, 2019 1:30 PM

Never understood the talk about how Princess Margaret lost her looks from too much partying. Yes the years of heavy cigarette, alcohol, and cocaine consumption coarsened her features but she was homely from the start.

by Anonymousreply 401June 21, 2019 1:30 PM

R392 Lady Helen is beautiful and I her husband isn't bad either

by Anonymousreply 402June 21, 2019 1:30 PM

princess margaret had a few years where she was stunning

by Anonymousreply 403June 21, 2019 1:32 PM

R401, I agree. All of them (even Charles) had a brief period where they were attractive, and then the homeliness took over.

by Anonymousreply 404June 21, 2019 1:33 PM

I went to hear Fergie give a talk about 10 years ago, and remember thinking she had very good legs.

by Anonymousreply 405June 21, 2019 1:34 PM

Princess Margaret was striking-looking—a distinctive face and beautiful eyes and skin. But that’s exactly the kind of looks you lose by heavy drinking and smoking.

by Anonymousreply 406June 21, 2019 1:35 PM

R377 Sign me up for the club. I adore Edo!

by Anonymousreply 407June 21, 2019 1:35 PM

So 296 insisted that I respond to the claims raised at R243 and then responds with R395. This is why I said

[quote] [R239]'s comment is the kind I find tedious. No discussion started in that tone seems likely to achieve any racial understanding so I wouldn't bother responding to each point. This isn't the forum for real progress on that issue IMO.

by Anonymousreply 408June 21, 2019 1:35 PM

R352 - The official announcement is that the Sussex foundation will be carrying out programmes with an "international focus" and "particularly close" ties to the US. The whole thing reeks of the BRF allowing the Sussexes to build their "international" brand so when they leave, they'll have jobs. But this means that the BRF has obligingly stuck the UK taxpayer with supporting the Sussex lifestyle from the less interesting environs of the UK, so that Meghan Markle can fulfill her personal agenda, and so they can get the Sussexes out of the way of the Cambridges in the home turf.

I hope Jan Moir does a column pointing out the obvious: Meghan Markle not only succeeded in snagging a social position way above her pay grade, but by refusing to play ball and "fit in" in return for her being given entry, forced the British Royal Family to give her the scope to do what she couldn't possibly have done without them.

Credit where due: the bitch knows how to operate systems.

The long game at home will still go to the Cambridges, and the fact remains that in ten years no one will have two fucks to give about 50 year old Meghan bawling about feminism and wokeness as the Cambridges move to centre stage in the monarchy.

It's a clever move for Meghan, for sure, I just don't think the UK taxpayer should be on the hook for supporting her ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 409June 21, 2019 1:36 PM

R397 just block them. Notice how no one addressed their racist post at r395? Because they’ve blocked them.

by Anonymousreply 410June 21, 2019 1:36 PM

R354 It really was the most fun time as far as royal watching goes. There was no hint of the trouble to come.

by Anonymousreply 411June 21, 2019 1:37 PM

An article about what it's like to work for the royals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412June 21, 2019 1:38 PM

A whole album of angles for the pom pom hat lover upthread :-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413June 21, 2019 1:41 PM

R411 R354 Love those times, the whole "merry wives of Windsor" days

by Anonymousreply 414June 21, 2019 1:41 PM

I like these outfits on both of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Tea and Toast Cheesecake at Ascot. ( how do you eat that with a hat on, as suggested upthread?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 21, 2019 1:43 PM

Happy Days R415. How times change. In the drop of an Ascot hat.

by Anonymousreply 417June 21, 2019 1:45 PM

R409, she had the BRF by the short and curlies. It's like someone with terrible personal hygiene being given their own big office because no one wants to work near them and they can't be fired.

And you can just bet that mayhem will ensue. And then the name of the game will be 'How much is it worth to you to pay me to go away?'

by Anonymousreply 418June 21, 2019 1:45 PM

R416 just shove it in whole in your piehole.

by Anonymousreply 419June 21, 2019 1:45 PM

^ Sorry wrong post. DL won't allow me to link the correct article.

by Anonymousreply 420June 21, 2019 1:45 PM

What the fuck is that? O_o

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 21, 2019 1:46 PM

R410 - The bottom line seems to be tha being mixed race means no one can point out the obvious about her: she's shallow, cheap, derivative, sly, manipulative, and does indeed "lean white". Why is it all right for the sistahs on Lipstick Alley to point it out but no one on DL? I know Jewish men who refuse to date Jewish women; they "lean goy" as one of their siblings drily pointed out to me. Meghan is nearly 40. She grew up in a culture excruciatingly fixated historically on colour and race. She was ferociously socially ambitious. Why is it racist to point out that she chose to make the most of the more varied opportunities open to a light-skinned woman that she enhanced by straightening her hair and narrowing her nose and only dating and marrying white men? Why is it so different from pointing out that she only married men who served her personal ambitions?

For some other mixed race women it might not mean anything at all within the context of their lives and paths. But within the context of everything that Meghan Markle has exhibited in her climb to the top, it makes perfect sense - and it is also true that used the race card when it was convenient.

She's cold as ice at heart, like all narcissists: if it works, use it. Actual principles are meaningless, just flags she raises and lowers as and when her perceived agenda demands.

by Anonymousreply 422June 21, 2019 1:47 PM

r347 When we black people who do not like MM because of her character keep getting attacked because we don't like her and are called self-hating black folk then yes we are entitled to question her black credentials. As far as I can see she is a white passing biracial, who is sociallly white, has an almost exclusive white circle of friends, and always married white. If I am expected to support a "black woman" (as I keep being told she is, I disagree) just because she's black then I am entitled to ask about her black credentials. She is entitled to marry, friend and date whoever she wants. She put herself up on a taxpayer funded pedestal so I'm going to comment. I'm fed up of people screaming racism when anyone criticises her. She's only black when it suits her. The rest of us are not able to hide our blackness like her.

by Anonymousreply 423June 21, 2019 1:48 PM

R421 It's Worzel Gummidge with a new dye job

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424June 21, 2019 1:49 PM

Enough with the race talk.

Here is the Queen with Lady Helen Taylor at Ascot today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 21, 2019 1:49 PM

And again, to add to R425 's post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426June 21, 2019 1:51 PM

Everyone can see the Queen today!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427June 21, 2019 1:51 PM

Pretty in Pink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428June 21, 2019 1:52 PM

Whoops, snap!

by Anonymousreply 429June 21, 2019 1:52 PM

Three outfits of "Princess Pushy" (aka Princess Michael of Kent). I don't mind the the one on the left but the others are not good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 21, 2019 1:54 PM

R423 I guess R395 died and made you the race police who is "entitled entitled to ask about her black credentials" . I'm not sure why you are angry that

[quote] The rest of us are not able to hide our blackness like her.

It's beyond me that you would want to hide your blackness or consider cloaking it a power that others possess which somehow disenfranchises you. That's not Meghan's fault honey and the BRF gossip thread can't fix that for you.

by Anonymousreply 431June 21, 2019 1:54 PM

The Queen's energy is amazing. She must really enjoy Ascot.

(And yes, a break from the race talk would be nice if at all possible. It's the only thing about Meghan being mixed that I dislike - the injection of toxic race talk.)

by Anonymousreply 432June 21, 2019 1:56 PM

I'm not sure the Harkles will be subsidized as much as they might like, let's put it that way R409. The end is nigh.

by Anonymousreply 433June 21, 2019 1:58 PM

That's one person OCD posting. Put it on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 434June 21, 2019 2:00 PM

OMG SHE'S FUCKING THERE!

I am deliriously excited!

I give you.....FERGIE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 21, 2019 2:03 PM

Sorry for swearing BTW, super excited. Where's her drink? Someone pass our Fergie a drink! She'll need one.

by Anonymousreply 436June 21, 2019 2:05 PM

Fergie looks very Fergie. It's like the good old days.

by Anonymousreply 437June 21, 2019 2:06 PM

I take it back, maybe she's had enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438June 21, 2019 2:07 PM

r431 I never said I wanted to hide my race. I'm pointing that she can pretend to be white. She therefore benfits from that, those of us who are actually black and actually suffer from racism can't. I'm not race policing anyone. She can do what she likes. So can I. I don't like her and I don't like the way she how she uses black people and other people as colour as props. If she was white I suppose I would be allow to call her racist. It's interesting how you feel entitled to talk so much about race and racism and black women's hair.

by Anonymousreply 439June 21, 2019 2:07 PM

R433 - Possibly. It certainly does seem as if the "internationalist" agenda is one step toward increasing their irrelevance inside the UK, where Meghan has been far less popular and successful than anyone expected, and greasing a future exit from a royal family that is, after all, only functionally relevant within the UK.

But the fact is, as long as they are officially part of the BRF, their travel, staff, security, wardrobes, marketing/communications/PR operations in connection with their "foundation", will be subsidised by UK taxpayers via the Sovereign Grant, and through Charles's generosity via revenues from the Duchy of Cornwall. The BRF manages to keep up the facade that Charles' Duchy are NOT taxpayer monies, they are.

by Anonymousreply 440June 21, 2019 2:07 PM

Andrew looks really happy in her company, I'm loving this.

by Anonymousreply 441June 21, 2019 2:08 PM

R435 Yes!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 442June 21, 2019 2:08 PM

God, Fergie looks like Linda Blair in middle-age, still channeling You Know What.

by Anonymousreply 443June 21, 2019 2:10 PM

I love Fergie, she is fabulous, the outfit is a mess but Im here for it. Andy is looking good of late and I'm liking his bodyguard persona these days

by Anonymousreply 444June 21, 2019 2:15 PM

I feel irrationally happy to see that Fergie has finally found herself a good tailor. Lately all of her 'big event' clothes have fit her figure perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 445June 21, 2019 2:16 PM

Lord Ivar Mountbatten and daughters at Ascot. He is third cousin, once removed of Queen Elizabeth II and a first cousin, once removed of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. He married his partner James Coyle last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446June 21, 2019 2:16 PM

What is it with the Yorkies and the capped sleeves and horrid mustard/teal colour combinations? Fergie looks like she's wearing one of Hilda Ogden's house dresses. Ascot is the one time when she could really let her theatrical side out.

by Anonymousreply 447June 21, 2019 2:18 PM

Drag SOS should have called on Fergie R446 .

by Anonymousreply 448June 21, 2019 2:20 PM

I mean R447 AAAARGH

by Anonymousreply 449June 21, 2019 2:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450June 21, 2019 2:22 PM

I missed the Teal memo this year. Everyone else seems to have got it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451June 21, 2019 2:22 PM

A series of photos of the royal family attending Ascot over the years...and centuries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452June 21, 2019 2:24 PM

And teal is quite a flat dark colour, best suited to autumn...

I have always been a big fan of Princess Michael's elegant style, but she really seems like she has slipped lately, especially at her daughter's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 453June 21, 2019 2:24 PM

More Fergilicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454June 21, 2019 2:26 PM

I think Andrew appearing so close to the Queen lately is another one of those coded messages the BRF likes to send. For one thing, I think it trumpets that he is back in the Queen's good graces after his ill-judged peccadilloes, also supports the recent increasing appearances of the York girls, especially Eugenie, on official work; and, as Andrew (with William) is probably Meghan's stiffest enemies within the BRF - is a coded message that the Queen agrees with both Andrew and William in judgement of Meghan. Cerrtainly, Meghan isn't going to be stupid enough to try to push her way through to stand next to the Queen with Andrew right there. Harry's, "Turn around!" will be a pat on the cheek next to what Andrew would do to tell her to back off.

Returning to the new Sussex Foundation and its "outside the UK" focus, I think that's another nicely dressed up code from the BRF: we want her out of here (and Harry, as he's been her partner in the debacle she made of her first year as a member of the BRF) before she does any more damage to the family than she already has.

And anyone who thinks the permission for the Sussexes to get the fuck out of town and parade their fridge magnet bullshit outside the UK until it's time to divorce and/or nail their flag to the mast, leave the BRF, and go live in the fleshpots of America with their ill-gotten gains, doesn't come straight from the top - i.e., the Queen, is naive.

I think it's obvious that the entire BRF at this point is ranged against the Sussexes, from the Queen down, and that is entirely Meghan MMarkle's doing. I doubt she cares - she got what she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 455June 21, 2019 2:27 PM

Fourth photo in, I never noticed the yellow detail in Eug's Day 1 dress, before now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456June 21, 2019 2:30 PM

Maybe MM and PH weighed it up - do we want to be Sophie and Edward mk ll and reap the modest rewards of dutiful behaviour, or do we want to create as much chaos as possible and see what kind of pay-out we'll get to leave?

by Anonymousreply 457June 21, 2019 2:33 PM

The Queen's carriage companion today was the daughter of her cousin the Duke of Kent. Here are some Lady Helen Windsor Taylor's outfits over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458June 21, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote] I'm pointing that she can pretend to be white.

R439 Black women date and marry white men, get nose jobs and straighten their hair every day of the week. You have decided that you are entitled to measure how many of those actions an individual other person is entitled to make while still being legitimately allowed to be called black or biracial. Meghan's self identification isn't enough for you. You've decided that Meghan's choices mean that she's pretending to be white and that as a black person you are "entitled to check her black credentials." That is the very nature of policing ie monitoring the boundaries between legitimate and illicit actions.

Individual humans do not have to meet other people's standards of racial and cultural validity. I hold that true for Meghan as for any other person. Meghan may indeed be a self hating black/biracial person. I think it's hard for anyone outside of her own mind to know that. I also don't think she's done much beyond what a regular social climbing woman of any race would do.

Having said that, I think Meghan is open to all kinds of criticisms. Most recently, the Vogue editor gig seems ill-advised.

by Anonymousreply 459June 21, 2019 2:39 PM

Again. enough of the race talk. We've heard it all before and we don't need to keep hearing the same broken record.

by Anonymousreply 460June 21, 2019 2:40 PM

The photo on the left of Lady Helen is gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461June 21, 2019 2:41 PM

R459, you seem to think you are the only one who is entitled to have opinions or make judgements.

by Anonymousreply 462June 21, 2019 2:41 PM

I'm not bored of Fergie yet, so here are more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463June 21, 2019 2:41 PM

Would someone please shove a dick in r347 ‘s mouth?!

by Anonymousreply 464June 21, 2019 2:42 PM

That blue dress of Kate's would be New Look if it were a bit more cinched at the waist and she had tulle petticoats under it.

by Anonymousreply 465June 21, 2019 2:42 PM

I think Lady Helen is prettier than the new "It" girls of Lady Amelia Windsor and Lady Kitty Spencer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466June 21, 2019 2:43 PM

A colourful day for the RF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467June 21, 2019 2:44 PM

I just assumed that Andy stepping in to be at his mother's side so much is that since Philip has retired someone needed to act as her escort and Andy made the most sense since he's the son who is not married. If Charles and Edward escorted their mother that would leave their wives without an escort. So I think it's more practical than anything else. No doubt Andy uses opportunity for all he can. He really did look like more of a bodyguard than a son on that balcony, for sure. And you could tell he was pissed by whatever he was hearing going on behind him.

by Anonymousreply 468June 21, 2019 2:44 PM

Fergie never disappoints!

by Anonymousreply 469June 21, 2019 2:44 PM

Kate has worn virtually the same Eliza Doolittle outfit to Ascot for the last three years...this year in blue, however. I would love it if she wore a body con dress and a fabulous hat.

by Anonymousreply 470June 21, 2019 2:45 PM

R465, What is "New Look?"

Thank you to the previous poster for the picture of the friends having tea. Didn't realize Ascot offered shaded picnic style tables. What was that marshmallow-looking white blob on top of their toast & crumpets?

by Anonymousreply 471June 21, 2019 2:46 PM

Yay or Nay? #AscotHats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472June 21, 2019 2:47 PM

Fergie looks a mess in garish yellow. She had an eye lift/face lift years ago and it looks like everything has dropped.

by Anonymousreply 473June 21, 2019 2:47 PM

R462 No I don't. Posters responded to my comments and I've responded to theirs. I have never shot down anyone and belittled them (beyond DL standards). I haven't even been a drama queen and declared I'm blocking anyone in a huff.

I do reserve the right to take to my fainting couch if needs must.

R464 may need one as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474June 21, 2019 2:48 PM

R472 - the hat would have been really lovely if it was a lot smaller. Sometimes less is more.

by Anonymousreply 475June 21, 2019 2:48 PM

I'm bored, where's the bar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476June 21, 2019 2:50 PM

r459 What does black women in general have to do with the BRF thread? MM is not black and she does not identify as black. You seem to want to confer black women status onto her, a biracial who can pass as white. The white supremacy believed that the only good "black" people were the white looking ones. As a random aside it is interesting that black people can only have one black parent, apparently but white people must have two white parents.

Anyway getting back on topic I thought the Queen looked lovely resplendent in Raspberry Pink.

by Anonymousreply 477June 21, 2019 2:50 PM

Helen looks like her mother Katherine the Duchess of Kent. Here is a rare photo of Katherine as a child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478June 21, 2019 2:51 PM

Is Fergie permitted in the Royal enclosure?

by Anonymousreply 479June 21, 2019 2:52 PM

Here are more photos of that retro duck egg outfit and headwear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480June 21, 2019 2:52 PM

OK someone help me out here. I am reading the Sussex Instagram account posted a rather “formal” birthday greeting for William. However when I look on Instagram, the picture of little Archie is the most recent Sussex post. What am I missing? Did they delete it?

by Anonymousreply 481June 21, 2019 2:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482June 21, 2019 2:54 PM

Photos of the Duchess of Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483June 21, 2019 2:54 PM

R455 the BRF freeze out of the Harkles was in process for the Investiture, moving solidly toward Haz at Easter, and done up with a wax seal at TTC. Markle actually thought she was going to sidle up to HM and have a chat? stay for the duration? She is so thick I don't believe she understands what happened. Maybe by now, but maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 484June 21, 2019 2:54 PM

R481 here Oh I get it now, they responded to the Kensington post. They didn’t post a birthday greeting at all. Tsk tsk.

by Anonymousreply 485June 21, 2019 2:55 PM

Must've been an oversight.

by Anonymousreply 486June 21, 2019 2:56 PM

R470 - You missed the faintly visible little black g-string thong she was wearing under the Eliza Doolittle dress, which her husband was undoubtedly aware of. Don't underestimate Kate, she turned out to be shrewder than anyone supposed, and that little g-string under the Little Palace on the Prarie dress with its dotted swiss look and pussy bos is the perfect paradigm for her shrewdness.

by Anonymousreply 487June 21, 2019 2:56 PM

^*pussy bow

The "New Look" was one introduced by Dior in the mid-1950s. Princess Margaret was one of the first to wear it. It featured cinched waists and flared skirts, flattering a classic feminine outline. It was perfect for the very petite but far from skinny Margaret. It's what Eugenie should be wearing, only she needs to lose a bit of weight first.

by Anonymousreply 488June 21, 2019 2:58 PM

Fergie The Fool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489June 21, 2019 2:59 PM

R488, what are you on about? New Look is a high street shop. I think that;s what the poster was on about. O if it was you, what are you going on about, still?

by Anonymousreply 490June 21, 2019 3:00 PM

Dior's New Look was introduced in 1947, as a response to the end wartime fabric shortages. It featured a fitted top, belt, and voluminous full skirt reaching mid-calf.

by Anonymousreply 491June 21, 2019 3:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492June 21, 2019 3:03 PM

R492, Do the BRF and elite invest in plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 493June 21, 2019 3:05 PM

R490 - My error - I thought the poster was responding to a much earlier one in which I said that Eugenie should resurrect the New Look that Dior introduced instead of the ghastly shit the poor girl keeps appearing in.

by Anonymousreply 494June 21, 2019 3:06 PM

R477 I confer no status of black, white, biracial or multicoloured. It is well known that Meghan is biracial. Biracial women who can "pass" and those who can't also marry white men, straighten their hair and get nose jobs.

I didn't start the race talk. Someone asked for an example of racist criticism. I saw a post at R218 and I pointed it out. I said some criticism is racist. That fact that Meghan can "pass" doesn't mean she isn't sometimes the subject of racist criticism on DL and in other spaces.

Back to photos of Fergie and fabulous hats.

BTW, any Edo sightings?

by Anonymousreply 495June 21, 2019 3:09 PM

R492 - Snowdon wouldn't have known a Jewish manicurist if one fell on him from a great height. Margaret looked like what she was: a classic English Rose with Celtic colouring - she went to seed fairly quickly, but looking at her as a young woman before she was foolish enough to marry him, a Jewish manicurist is the last thing she reminded one of. It was a nasty, bigoted remark typical of a man who painted himself as a victim of the royal family after making the most of the connections and title it brought him.

by Anonymousreply 496June 21, 2019 3:09 PM

Thats ok R494, I think we were both confused.

by Anonymousreply 497June 21, 2019 3:09 PM

I wonder if Johnny Dalkeith would ever have referred to Margaret that way?

It's so odd that coming from a family in which her father spoilt her outrageously and worshipped the ground her mother walked on, Margaret should have made such a terrible mistake in choosing a husband. Yes, I remember what happened with Townsend, who also would never have so cruelly insulted a woman he'd married, but really - either Townsend or the rejected Dalkeith would have made her a far more caring husband.

What a tragedy. I don't think the Queen ever stopped feeling guilty about Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 498June 21, 2019 3:13 PM

Snowden was such a narcissistic prick

by Anonymousreply 499June 21, 2019 3:16 PM

R494 I really loved Eugenie's look yesterday with the green dress and peacock hat. Yesterday was a win.

by Anonymousreply 500June 21, 2019 3:18 PM

R481 - as far as I remember they didn’t post specific posts for anyone except queen&phillip ... just comments on Kensingtonroyal’s posts for the kids, for example. But if you look at those comments wishing the kids happy birthday they used their names and emojis etc etc. very friendly and family like (people got upset that there were no titles but hey they are kids) - their posts for HM and Prince Phillip also still had “family” terms like granny, etc.

I wouldn’t have expected a post from them to William but I am surprised their comment on the Kensingtonroyal post didn’t match the style of their previous comments for the kids’ birthdays. It’s a glaring contrast. As least *try* to hide things in a public forum, yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 501June 21, 2019 3:19 PM

Although he denied it, Townsend never got over Margaret. After his divorce and his exile to Belgium, he met and married a gorgeous young Belgian tobacco heiress with a startling resemblance to Margaret, except in colouring. In his memoirs, before he went down with Alzheimer's, Townsend acknowledged his second wife's anxieties in this respect, and stated emphatically that she hadn't come second, but best. But the resemblance is hard to get past.

Margaret announced her engagement to Armstrong-Jones within a month of the announcement of Townsend's marriage.

Odd how someone can appear to have everything the Fates can possibly offer: youth, beauty, wealth, social status, and the recipient can still screw it up so fatally that the rest doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 502June 21, 2019 3:20 PM

Has anyone met any members of the BRF? The Snowden talk prompted this. I met the then Viscount Linley at a lunch at Neiman's when he was selling his furniture in the 90s. He was an entitled asshole and bore.

Prince Philip at a charity polo match in the 80s. He was surprisingly nice, and was happy to pose for a photo.

by Anonymousreply 503June 21, 2019 3:21 PM

Well, as my Mum used to say with as much irony as she was capable of, "To each his own, said the old lady as she kissed the cow."

How can darts that made her look like she'd iced her breasts before climbing into the carriage constitute a "win"?

by Anonymousreply 504June 21, 2019 3:22 PM

Yayyy! LOVE Fergie. And that loony pointing at the crowds thing she does. ADORE my gal

by Anonymousreply 505June 21, 2019 3:26 PM

R491 - Thanks - was it that early? I thought it was the 1950s when food rationing and other austeristy measures finally began to life. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 506June 21, 2019 3:26 PM

With all the grifting money, does Fergie ever get it right? That dress is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 507June 21, 2019 3:27 PM

R500 - Apologies - I was one day behind. I thought you were referring to her first Ascot outfit with the yellow hat.

by Anonymousreply 508June 21, 2019 3:27 PM

R508 No worries, the other dress was horrible with the pointy nips but this good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509June 21, 2019 3:31 PM

Those girls should keep their arms covered.

by Anonymousreply 510June 21, 2019 3:33 PM

Elegant, although not my cup of tea. #Ascot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511June 21, 2019 3:34 PM

Who said that Fergie had finally found a good tailor? I disagree. Every single seam on that yellow dress is visible and straining. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 512June 21, 2019 3:37 PM

I like this photo of shadowed William in black & white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513June 21, 2019 3:40 PM

R503 I met Camilla at the Science Museum, through work, when she attended the launch of the Royal Osteoporosis Society's new Royal title, as approved by the Queen. I was in a small welcome line, she blew me away. What a wonderful woman.

by Anonymousreply 514June 21, 2019 3:41 PM

Fergie always buys a size too small.

by Anonymousreply 515June 21, 2019 3:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516June 21, 2019 3:42 PM

JFC, those goofy expressions!

by Anonymousreply 517June 21, 2019 3:44 PM

Multi--tasking. Curtsy and wave.

Thar she blows! #Fergie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518June 21, 2019 3:45 PM

Photos of the Queen on Day 4 of Ascot. Lady Helen's hair needs to be styled better. I see dangling tendrils.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519June 21, 2019 3:45 PM

Fergie's shoes were horrendous. But so good to see her!

by Anonymousreply 520June 21, 2019 3:46 PM

R518 - that tight dress can't be too comfortable. I'm surprised Fergie didn't have a "wardrobe malfunction". She's really embarrassing to watch. Like a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 521June 21, 2019 3:46 PM

At least I don't see pit stains, things are looking up for Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 522June 21, 2019 3:48 PM

R516, on the contrary, she [bold]always[/bold] disappoints. This woman has had access to some of the best stylists and designers in the UK for over 30 years, and she still can't order a bespoke dress that fits her and flatters her. What mirrors does she own where the fact that she's a larger woman is completely hidden from view? For her age, she's got a nice enough figure, but she's never learned to dress for it. She's not got Diana's build, or Catherine's build, or even Sophie's. When does she learn that what fits someone who is long and skinny, or short and trim enough, doesn't fit her larger frame?

by Anonymousreply 523June 21, 2019 3:49 PM

R522, because the bar for Fergie is actually on the floor. That's how little is expected of her.

by Anonymousreply 524June 21, 2019 3:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525June 21, 2019 3:50 PM

Great question R503, I've always hoped for more firsthand accounts here on the DL, thanks for yours.

All I have is:

-Once in a cab right behind Diana's car on Fifth Avenue, during a visit of hers to New York; as people waved like maniacs.

-Saw the Queen drive in to BP after watching the changing of the guards (which prompted me to shriek, "The QUEEN! The QUEEEEEN!")

-Attended a talk by Fergie, who was quite endeariing, and good at seeming to spill dirt without really doing it.

-Attended a talk by Diana's hairdresser, genteel older fellow, no dirt.

-Had a friend who worked with Diana on the dress auction, said she was polite, humble and professional.

- Acquainted with an aristo who ran in Diana's circles, and in the 90s described her as "a lovely girl, in over her head."

I would love to directly meet one of the BRF. I suppose living in LA, I might have a chance to run into the Sussexes one day.

by Anonymousreply 526June 21, 2019 3:50 PM

I wonder if Fergie sports these crazy outfits just for us. Give the people what they want, right?

by Anonymousreply 527June 21, 2019 3:52 PM

Adding to a poster's comment about Last Kitty Spencer above. I know technically she's gorgeous (those eyes! those lips! that hair!), but to me she resembles a German sex toy blow up doll. There is something just so cheap and desperate about her. And I'm here for Fergie, too. She blowzy and dressed horribly, but damn, I love her.

by Anonymousreply 528June 21, 2019 3:52 PM

LADY Kitty Spencer. That's an odd autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 529June 21, 2019 3:53 PM

Edo is rather dishy. Watch out, Bea!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530June 21, 2019 3:54 PM

R528, Kitty Spencer comes from the Kate Upton school of modelling. Plump figure for a model, no discernible waist, can only do "sex kitten" modelling.

by Anonymousreply 531June 21, 2019 3:55 PM

Kitty has a wonky eye that I find distracting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532June 21, 2019 3:56 PM

I really do not get why various members of the BRF's appearance is disappointing or even atrocious. There are thousands of photos of previous years' Ascot. Why can't they just pick a few that were admired and buy something similar? I'm sure these outfits are available in Harrod's or Harvey Nichols, and the milliners are also readily available in London.It's not like they don't have the budget.

by Anonymousreply 533June 21, 2019 3:56 PM

R526, both of my meetings were in CA. Linley and Philip.

by Anonymousreply 534June 21, 2019 3:57 PM

Since some of you are fans of Sarah, Duchess of York, I'll post some photos of her "better" fashion choices for "Fergie Friday". Forgive me for going to Pinterest for photos but it's faster and easier than scrolling in Instagram.

This red dress fits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535June 21, 2019 3:59 PM

Another red dress for Catwalk Fergie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 21, 2019 4:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537June 21, 2019 4:01 PM

Cover those arms gurl!

by Anonymousreply 538June 21, 2019 4:01 PM

I love this color and style on Fergie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539June 21, 2019 4:02 PM

Fergie in black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540June 21, 2019 4:03 PM

Another flattering black outfit for Fergie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541June 21, 2019 4:04 PM

What I don't understand about the poor fashions choices is why some of these women don't seek advice. My female boss knows her taste isn't the best (although she has a good figure), so she goes to Nordstrom and a shopper picks out everything including accessories.

by Anonymousreply 542June 21, 2019 4:05 PM

She could do without the long necklace but the white dress is nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543June 21, 2019 4:06 PM

Yeah, I don't get it. Even if they don't want to hire a stylist the high end stores where they shop have someone there to help them.

by Anonymousreply 544June 21, 2019 4:08 PM

Fergie in red and white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545June 21, 2019 4:09 PM

Another thing - looking at the pics of the public in the DM, I see that many of the older women have chosen sleeveless dresses. Why are they showcasing their bingo wings? Are there not enough summer dresses with sleeves?

by Anonymousreply 546June 21, 2019 4:09 PM

The dress is a little tight but I like the style on Fergie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 21, 2019 4:11 PM

Last one. Fergie looks practically svelte in this black dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548June 21, 2019 4:12 PM

R544, Very often high end stores et al want to sell merchandise and they have a very limited selection that flatter women who don't have model-type figures and height. Worse if the season's in colors and styles just don't work for a woman. I've gotten totally ripped off by stores' personal shoppers as I don't have a good eye so I know how Sarah must feel.

by Anonymousreply 549June 21, 2019 4:14 PM

R549, but Fergie can go directly to designers and get something made custom for her. She's not limited to stores, like we are. If Fergie goes into Ralph & Russo's atelier and demands a dress, they will gladly make one for her. She just orders dresses made that are too tight, too short, too everything.

by Anonymousreply 550June 21, 2019 4:17 PM

R546, it is nearly impossible to find a summer dress with sleeves. Of course, women could wear cardigans or light jackets, but I’ve found that most older women say FUCKIT.

by Anonymousreply 551June 21, 2019 4:17 PM

Young Princess Eugenie curtsies to the Queen Mum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552June 21, 2019 4:18 PM

Fergie looks gorgeous in all the pinterest photos except today's Ascot. She's not completely unfortunate looking and I like her hair! and that RIDICULOUS OTT personality! Gold.

by Anonymousreply 553June 21, 2019 4:19 PM

R550, I sometimes wonder if designers are really willing to cater to the full-figured market, especially if the woman is older. There's still a huge gap in flattering styles, colors besides basic black and large prints, et al. So many women who look like Sarah are willing to spend money to look good. Most important it can't be a style designed for the stereotypical model just made in a larger size.

Are there any full-figured fashion icons besides down market Ashley Graham (if she's even counted?)

by Anonymousreply 554June 21, 2019 4:25 PM

What planet are you on R550 Fergie does not have a budget for extensive custom made clothes. And anyway, it's no guarantee of anything -- look at Meg Markle and her atrocious taste and fit on L75,000 garments haha.

by Anonymousreply 555June 21, 2019 4:26 PM

The Royal Family Insta added a cake emoji to Will's birthday message!

Ooh the SHADE of it, lmao.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556June 21, 2019 4:27 PM

I dunno R550. Actresses like Megan Mullally and Christina Hendricks have talked about how designers don't want to work with them because they aren't stick thin. So I wouldn't assume that designers are jumping all over the place to dress middle aged plump Fergie. Don't assume that designers really even know how to dress women with more challenging figures. Just because they can design for model bodies doesn't mean they can design for everyone.

And besides, I don't think Andy is giving her the kind of clothing budget that allows her to get all of her clothes custom made from high end designers.

by Anonymousreply 557June 21, 2019 4:27 PM

Fergie doesn't go high end. She edding. uses smaller designers. She gave credit to one on her blancmange/Oprah dress post at Gabriella's w

by Anonymousreply 558June 21, 2019 4:31 PM

....edding.

by Anonymousreply 559June 21, 2019 4:31 PM

Well I made a shambles of that post, eating a Bakewell Tart. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 560June 21, 2019 4:32 PM

A smaller designer has more to lose than a big name designer when the one client who gets your name out there looks like a stuffed sausage in your design. Valentino could overcome Beatrice's toilet hat, and Vivienne Westwood didn't suffer from Eugenie looking tragic and WillCat's wedding. Someone just starting out or struggling can't afford to have a prominent person looking a fool in their clothes. So why aren't these smaller designers working to make her look better?

by Anonymousreply 561June 21, 2019 4:35 PM

My guess is she piled on some stuffing after fitting for the blancmange dress.

I do love her, though.

by Anonymousreply 562June 21, 2019 4:38 PM

R433 - In fairness, bizarre clothing seems to be the norm at Ascot for the ladies (except for the Queen, of course), not the exception. It's just that Bea and Yuge dress that badly most of the time, not just at Ascot. Some women try to combine elegance with notoriety or exaggeration (Diana, Kate, the Duchesses of Cornwall, and the Gloucesters and Kents), with varying success over the years, but for most it's who can get her photo in the papers by wearing the most outrageous outfits.

by Anonymousreply 563June 21, 2019 4:46 PM

Why are so many fussing about how poorly styled and ill-clothed the women are in these Ascot pictures? These women aren't film stars or supermodels or brand ambassadors. We've become accustomed to red carpet pictures of mostly slim women who have spent weeks or longer working out, dieting, having beauty treatments plus numerous hair, makeup and style consultations and fittings for their designer dresses. In these Ascot pics, a few might look quite good, but most are just as homely and style-less as the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 564June 21, 2019 4:46 PM

A slideshow of Prince William over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565June 21, 2019 4:48 PM

R561 - Bea's toilet hat was by Philip Treacy, not Valentino.

by Anonymousreply 566June 21, 2019 4:48 PM

Fergie isn’t THAT big. She’s just choosing the wrong garments. She looked fantastic at the Markle wedding.

Oprah is a good example of a larger woman who almost always dresses perfectly for events. Upscale, age-appropriate and stylish. Although she has a budget...

by Anonymousreply 567June 21, 2019 4:49 PM

I've never seen a photo of the Duke of Windsor being affectionate with his father King George V. All of George's children were afraid of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568June 21, 2019 4:50 PM

There are plenty of mid-range lines that cater to less than model figures, like St. John and Eileen Fisher. So that's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 569June 21, 2019 4:51 PM

Photos of Charles with Edward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570June 21, 2019 4:51 PM

R566, the hat was Treacy, the coat and dress were Valentino.

by Anonymousreply 571June 21, 2019 4:52 PM

Camilla is like the Queen is one way - she's had the same hairstyle for years. This is actually a good photo of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572June 21, 2019 4:53 PM

R501 - The Sussexes are getting slammed on social media for their frostily formal birthday greeting to William. I think at this point hiding things in public is a lost cause. The brother are totally estranged, William hates Meghan's guts, the Queen pretty much sides with the Cambridges, and so do the aristos and the rest of the minor royals who know in the end, which side of the bread their social butter will be spread, and the Sussexes know they're being shoved out of Britain just as they were out of London, and it's probably for the best.

I wonder, if the Queen and Charles had it to do over again knowing Meghan as they do now, they would tell Harry, NO, and if you don't like it, you can to America, marry her, and live on your trust fund after resigning your place in the line of succession for you and any descendants you have with the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 573June 21, 2019 4:53 PM

Yoga Yoko at your service!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574June 21, 2019 4:55 PM

Harry looks strange here like his smile is forced. Can't help but notice a lot of moles and freckles on Markle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575June 21, 2019 4:57 PM

R574 - Didn't help her stick legs any, but I'm sure she managed to put her remarkable flexibility to good use where it would do her the most good.

by Anonymousreply 576June 21, 2019 4:57 PM

The birthday greeting thing is extremely childish. She is all about social media, she knows damn well how it looks.

by Anonymousreply 577June 21, 2019 4:58 PM

Who drinks in the Royal Family? Well, Camilla obviously. I would say Charles, the Queen and Fergie drink a bit and/or a lot. Meghan with the Tig wine and cocktails? Anyone else you suspect is a drinker?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578June 21, 2019 5:00 PM

R573, If Prince Harry were to separate from MM do you think he'd be welcomed back with open arms into the BRF? Does he not realize what he's doing? Do you think he'd like living in CA like his mother always wanted to do? Assuming they'd choose CA over NY.

by Anonymousreply 579June 21, 2019 5:04 PM

R578, um, they're English, so shouldn't the question be who doesn't drink?

by Anonymousreply 580June 21, 2019 5:06 PM

R577 - Of course, she does. That's the point: Meghan doesn't care. She never has. If she had, she wouldn't have behaved as she did from the start (Tiaragate, remember, was prior to the wedding) and made it so obvious. That's why they were fools to let her in. Harry should have known he couldn't stick it to the hierarchy (which means not just his brother, the future Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall and King, but his father, the next King, and, by extension, the Queen) and win. He listened to Meghan's propaganda of changing the world and deserving as much status as his brother, etc., etc.

Now,, Harry is going to have to follow Meghan's plotline, and lose his family as he does so.

He was a moron not to marry Chelsy.

by Anonymousreply 581June 21, 2019 5:08 PM

Link to the next thread Part 78 to be used when this one is closed at 600 posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582June 21, 2019 5:08 PM

Photos of William with his grandmother and grandfather. She actually touches him on the arm in one of them. He gives her a kiss in the other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583June 21, 2019 5:10 PM

Princess Anne as a young woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584June 21, 2019 5:11 PM

Another photo of a younger Anne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585June 21, 2019 5:12 PM

Anne was always a beast.

by Anonymousreply 586June 21, 2019 5:14 PM

Even the man with the outstretched arms couldn't help Diana in the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587June 21, 2019 5:14 PM

Members of the Royal Family attend Will and Kate's wedding. Princess Margaret's two children and various Kents are shown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588June 21, 2019 5:16 PM

R579 - I can only guess, but that guess would be that they would slowly reincorporate him back into the family. A divorce would have to have been finalised and custody issues squared away, with an ironclad settlement that precluded Meghan from ever representing the BRF in any way, and having surrendered her title. And, of course, assuming that Harry hadn't waived his place in the line of succession. Under those circumstances, I can see a delicately calibrated re-entry for Harry and his child(ren) - as long as Meghan stays in Beverly Hills.

by Anonymousreply 589June 21, 2019 5:17 PM

Lady Gabriella is usually striking but I don't like her Ascot outfit from yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590June 21, 2019 5:18 PM

Fergie For Flashback Friday. Try saying that aloud. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591June 21, 2019 5:23 PM

Some interesting headgear and loads of affection from Zara Phillips Tindall in these photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592June 21, 2019 5:25 PM

I like Lady Gabriella's dress, she's like a milk maid with a peaches and cream complexion. It could be a bit informal for Ascot but it's a lovely dress. Same designer as her wedding gown apparently, by the flower fairy.

by Anonymousreply 593June 21, 2019 5:25 PM

Flashback Fergie is teeny weeny in navy polka dot there, R591 !

by Anonymousreply 594June 21, 2019 5:25 PM

It's Tiara Time - here are photos of the jewels on the Gloucester side of the Royal Family. That first photo looks like the Duchess just plopped the tiara on her head without looking in the mirror to adjust her hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595June 21, 2019 5:28 PM

The Diamond Fringe Tiara on the Kent side of the Royal Family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596June 21, 2019 5:30 PM

Redheads looks best in green. Photos of Fergie at Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597June 21, 2019 5:32 PM

Re r595, those first three are the same tiara with a different centerpiece popped in. Versatile and thrifty.

by Anonymousreply 598June 21, 2019 5:34 PM

The Duchess of York (future Queen Consort) with the Prince of Wales (future King Edward VIII and later Duke of Windsor).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599June 21, 2019 5:35 PM

Surprise. Fergie drinks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 21, 2019 5:37 PM

Fergie looks like someone gave the Maid/Waitress a hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601June 21, 2019 6:16 PM

Whew. Frock horror!

by Anonymousreply 602June 21, 2019 6:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!