Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 78

Let's continue with our discussion. Ascot week is almost over and the Queen is still going strong! Long may she reign! To keep the threads alive, please try to ignore trolls who deliberately stir the pot. Hopefully, they will get bored and disappear if you don't engage them.

Here is the link for the previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 23, 2019 5:12 AM

A video of the Queen's busy week. Order of the Garter and Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2019 5:39 PM

Do you think Fergie dyes her hair? Both my brother and sister have red hair and they are prematurely gray.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2019 5:40 PM

R2 - well, she's a natural redhead but she does dye the gray out.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2019 5:41 PM

Fergie with her girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2019 5:43 PM

Sarah and Andrew in kilts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2019 5:44 PM

Mother and daughter look quite lovely here. Swipe for the engagement rings of both Sarah and Eugenie. I prefer Eugenie with lighter brown hair as it softer for her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2019 5:46 PM

You know, looking at Bea in r4, she would have benefitted from from overbite surgery

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2019 5:46 PM

Fergie’s clothes are often too small because she falls into the yo-yo diet mindset of “I have a couple weeks, I’ll buy this a size too small and I can lose the weight in the meantime.” I don’t envy her playing out her weight loss and gain in public.

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2019 5:50 PM

I never saw Fergie with a nice dress not once in my lifetime even when she was married to Andrew . I mean after all these years you would think she learned how to dress but no .

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2019 5:55 PM

Viscountess Weymouth attended Ascot with Kitty Spencer this week. Her Insta is interesting.

She is a beautiful woman. I wonder what she thinks of MM. I see her close friend is the UK editor, and she is a contributing Editor herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2019 5:56 PM

Of Vogue UK, I mean....

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2019 5:57 PM

Fergie and Andy could have sent Bea to have work done at 17 or 18. I suspect that in their hubris they assumed her title would make her desirable to all or most. Bea didn't help herself by following Dave to the US. Travel opens up your worldview. Dave saw that he could get prettier and richer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2019 6:04 PM

Eugenie was very pretty before she piled on the weight. She did a shoot for Vogue when she was about 18.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2019 6:10 PM

r10 Not much I suspect. She grew up in aristocratic circles after all and has known her husband since she was a child. Unlike MM she invited her entire family to her Wedding. Shame the grooms parents showed themselves to be such racist boors and were uninvited.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2019 6:10 PM

R14, Has she ever been discussed on DL? She appears to be a beautiful, class act. Love her Ascot outfit.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2019 6:14 PM

I think she has been touched on, but I'd love to know more about her R15

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2019 6:16 PM

R10 - Emma has photos of the Obamas on her Instagram but I don't see Markle in any photos after cursory quick scroll.

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2019 6:19 PM

Holy Moly! Gabriella's new husband is so sexy!

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2019 6:22 PM

R18, Agreed. We need to discuss him in much more depth.

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2019 6:26 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2019 6:26 PM

R18 - these photos of Thomas Kingston are for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2019 6:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2019 6:36 PM

The Queen's horse Magnetic Charm finished in second place today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2019 6:46 PM

Thomas Kingston is clearly the best looking man in the family.

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2019 6:47 PM

They are an adorable couple. Love her pink Ascot dress and hat.

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2019 6:47 PM

A second jockey for the Queen is using his whip incorrectly. What the hell is the matter with these jockeys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2019 6:48 PM

The winning female jockey is in trouble too! Only seven times woman, seven times!

"Hayley Turner, who beat The Queen's horse to win the race, has also been suspended for nine days and fined £1,600 for using her whip 11 times.

Jockeys must not use their whip more than seven times in flat races".

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2019 6:50 PM

Horse racing is cruel anyway.

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2019 6:51 PM

From Emma Weymouth's Instagram, taken at an event at the Victoria and Albert Museum. She's wearing a really pretty dress from Dior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2019 6:54 PM

I think I recognize one of the women in the Queen's carriage procession. I believe Carolyn Warren was one of Lady Diana Spencer's roommates before she married Charles. Carolyn is married to the Queen's racing manager John Warren. If I remember correctly, she was formerly Carolyn Bartholomew. She's pictured in the white outfit here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2019 6:58 PM

R29 Rachel wishes she could have this life.

Emma is clearly enjoying herself.

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2019 6:59 PM

Diana attended Carolyn's wedding. Here are some photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2019 7:00 PM

The three roommates of Lady Di. Carolyn is at the piano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2019 7:02 PM

Looking at the Ascot pictures, I don't think Andrew will ever remarry Fergie. He'll take care of her, but no way in hell will that brash mess get an HRH again.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2019 7:10 PM

Beatrice and Edo bear a more than passing resemblance to each other. That happens with a lot of couples.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2019 7:11 PM

Replying to R498 back in the other thread (these move so fast!), no, Johnny Dalkeith or Peter Townsend OR Billy Wallace would never have called Margaret a 'Jewish manicurist,' either to her face or behind her back. That's why you fuck men like Snowdon but don't marry them: For all of his posh heritage, he was common, social-climbing trash that fucked anything, male or female, and treated every woman who was ever unfortunate enough to get involved with him like shit. That includes his second wife, Lucy, whom he cheated on right and left, even fathering a child with a girlfriend while they were married. (This is in addition to the daughter he fathered on Camilla Fry not long before he married Margaret.).

I wonder if Margaret wouldn't have turned into such a pantomime dame if she'd married a decent fellow who'd given her a sense of love and security. She was always high-spirited, snobbish, and a bit rude, but as a girl her charming qualities outweighed the bad ones. She really seemed to go off the rails after her beloved father died, and she ran headlong into a serious affair with a man old enough to BE her father. When that went pear-shaped, she married Snowdon much too quickly and THAT failed relationship sent her into a spiral she never really recovered from.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote] Lord Weymouth: We want to make Longleat a global brand

Maybe Emma and Meghan should chat. Rihanna could make the introductions, through their mutual friend Eve. #badgalriri

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2019 7:18 PM

I don't think the Queen wants any legal responsibility for Sarah due to her alcoholic and excessive spending habits. She's a liability risk.

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2019 7:29 PM

Snowden used to leave nasty insulting notes around the house for Margaret to find. It was in one of notes that he told her she looked like a Jewish manicurist. What a dick.

But then I’m sure she probably fought back in an equally nasty way. She was known to be quite cutting even to people who didn’t deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2019 7:37 PM

Teal and green hat, mustard yellow dress, dark green purse, and purple shoes? Who thjnks, yeah this looks great?

- Hilarious DM comment

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2019 7:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2019 7:57 PM

I knew Ella at Brown. She is the most down to earth, easy going and fun chick. Not a single bad thing to say about her. She's the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2019 8:00 PM

R9. This is for you: Sarah, Duchess of York, looking lovely:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2019 8:07 PM

Well that the first time I see her in something that looks good on her R43 😊

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2019 8:18 PM

Sarah always adds her own brand of fun. She looks good at Ascot. Glad she was there. Bold outfit; looks nice. With the green accessories (hat and purse), should her shoes also have been green, or would that be too matchy-matchy. Are the purple-colored shoes okay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2019 8:22 PM

re R574's pic: Holy shit, in the pic of her doing 'yoga' at the beach you can almost see her uterus.

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2019 8:23 PM

R45 - The only problem is that Andrew doesn't even glance her way in all of the photos in that post. Of course, he could be VERY careful so he doesn't give anything away. The Yorks are usually with their daughters so I'm kind of surprised that they were there as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2019 8:26 PM

Sorry, re R574's pic IN THE FORMER THREAD.

Anyway, back to Ascot and Andy and Fergie:

Look at the colour of the rose Andy's wearing. It's yellow - just like Fergie's dress is.

<3 <3 <3

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2019 8:26 PM

The brothers were close in the past. Not so much now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2019 8:35 PM

Ms. Sparkle showing a bit of thigh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2019 8:37 PM

A sweet gesture for Alpha Will. New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern's daughter shares a birthday with William and Will sent her an engraved toy. It's similar to the one he played with in the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2019 8:40 PM

A man in uniform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2019 8:41 PM

A rare photo of Charles, Diana and William as a baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2019 8:42 PM

Kate's parents Michael and Carole Middleton are celebrating their 39th wedding anniversary today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2019 8:44 PM

I can't work out Andrew and Fergie's relationship. I think Fergie would remarry Andrew in a heartbeat if he asked (mostly because she would love to be an "official" member of the BRF again), but I don't think he wants to. Why does he keep her so close?

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2019 8:46 PM

Overly tanned Margaret looked pretty bad here in Mustique with Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2019 8:47 PM

R55 - he keeps her close for his two daughters = Family unity.

He was more or less "forced" to divorce her when she was caught with another man and the photos were splashed all over the tabloids. I remember what a terrible scandal that was. She was at Balmoral sitting down to breakfast and saw the Queen reading the papers. Utter mortification. She had to leave with the girls that day. I think he still loved her but knew he had to let her go. I'm not sure how he feels about her now. Love, loyalty, pity? Who knows? He's a difficult man to understand. Personally, I think he's done more than enough for her and he should've moved on long ago. He could've had a decent life with another wife and maybe had more children.

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2019 8:52 PM

Pregnant Diana holding William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 21, 2019 8:53 PM

William and Sophie at Wimbledon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 21, 2019 8:54 PM

The Queen's broach collection displayed at Ascot last year. Which is your favorite?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 21, 2019 8:56 PM

The Duke of York back when he really was "Randy Andy".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 21, 2019 8:57 PM

Uncle Andrew with William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 21, 2019 8:58 PM

Has Lady Rose attended Ascot this year? Does she normally attend?

by Anonymousreply 63June 21, 2019 8:59 PM

I am surprised that Andrew didn't marry again, if only to create a wee prince who could one day be Duke of York after him. That sort of thing means a lot to men from those circles. As it is, Louis will probably get that title one day.

by Anonymousreply 64June 21, 2019 9:05 PM

If Andrew had had a son, he could have been styled Earl of Inverness at birth, just as Archie could have been styled Earl of Dumbarton.

Knowing Andrew, he definitely would have had his son take the title. In a just world, Beatrice would be Countess of Inverness and one day Duchess of York, but it doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 65June 21, 2019 9:07 PM

R55. I believe Andrew and Sarah will remarry. They are waiting until their daughter Beatrice re,marries so as to not steal the spotlight away from her. They are also waiting for Philip to die. Andrew and Sarah's remarriage will be a quiet affair, but it will happen. I believe they still love each other, but there are some complicated royal family dynamics at play. But if they truly love each other, they should remarry. It will not harm the royal family, and as we age, everyone has the right to be happy and live a peaceful life. If Charles can marry Camilla after all the trouble the two of them caused along with undermining Diana's marriage before it even began and throughout it's duration, then surely Andrew and Sarah can remarry in their older years. They never really wanted to be divorced in the first place. They were young at the time; Sarah was pretty much left alone to fend for herself, and Andrew was in the military and never home. That is no longer the case.

by Anonymousreply 66June 21, 2019 9:15 PM

I wonder who has the biggest schlong.

(And don't say Anne!)

by Anonymousreply 67June 21, 2019 9:18 PM

Remember Andrew and Fergie have known each other since they were kids. I think there is genuine love there. Whether or not it's romantic love, who knows? But they obviously care about each other and enjoy each other's company. It goes beyond their daughters too. Bea and Eugenie are old enough that they don't need their parents to spend time together for their sake. It's not out of obligation, because he could easily have set her up someplace and been done with her, he doesn't need to keep her involved so closely.

I just think there is a comfort level between them, like Charles and Camilla have, that no matter what happened in the past they just like being together.

by Anonymousreply 68June 21, 2019 9:20 PM

The fact that Charles can marry Camilla while Andrew has to wait for Philip to die before remarrying Sarah is such a load of hypocritical horseshit. ESPECIALLY considering how much Philip put his cock about in the 50s and 60s. The only reason he didn't end up on the front page of the tabs is that the media was more respectful back then. 10 or 20 years later, he'd have been toast.

by Anonymousreply 69June 21, 2019 9:21 PM

Didn't charles wait for the queen mother to die before remarrying?

by Anonymousreply 70June 21, 2019 9:22 PM

R69, Are you implying that Anne loves the ladies?

by Anonymousreply 71June 21, 2019 9:23 PM

Yes, I've never quite understood the intensity of Philip's supposed hatred for Fergie. Especially since the Queen always seemed fond of her.

by Anonymousreply 72June 21, 2019 9:25 PM

Harry would have to be a colossal fool to have another kid with Meg. He won’t survive long in L.A. There’s real competition there.

by Anonymousreply 73June 21, 2019 9:31 PM

"Margaret adored singing (often off-key, wrote author Caroline Blackwood), playing piano, dancing, gossiping, and guzzling Famous Grouse scotch. According to biographer Craig Brown, she chained smoked from morning till night, sometimes gluing “matchboxes onto tumblers so that she could strike matches while drinking.”

Ugh. A wealthy, famous woman singing tunelessly while everybody pretends that she's actually good at it. Didn't they make a movie about that recently?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 21, 2019 9:32 PM

Interesting to see how the queen turned out v. her sister. Imagine if the birth order had been reversed

by Anonymousreply 75June 21, 2019 9:38 PM

What right do the royals have to set up a foundation in America so that they can schnorr money from us? Let them solicit from their own citizens.

by Anonymousreply 76June 21, 2019 9:38 PM

Not everybody pretended. There's a story in the bio 99 Glimpses of Princess Margaret of her getting booed by a drunk partygoer one night when she tried that on. I THINK it was the painter Lucien Freud--I haven't read the book in a while. Margaret blushed scarlet and ran off stage. When people tried to take the man to task for it, he simply shrugged and said she was so awful, somebody HAD to boo her.

by Anonymousreply 77June 21, 2019 9:38 PM

Harry will have one more child with Meghan if she has to steal his sperm in his sleep. She knows she needs the second baby to ensure a decent divorce settlement. Also, boys don't Instagram nearly so well as girls. If she were really ruthless, she'd go for IVF girl twins. She could merch those babies for years to come, Kardashian-style. Name them Elizabeth and Margaret and watch everyone's heads explode.

by Anonymousreply 78June 21, 2019 9:42 PM

I love the picture of Fergie in the yellow dress where she is curtsying and smiling and waving to the Queen.

Reminds me of the story I posted on one of the earlier threads.

When Andrew and Fergie were divorcing, the Queen asked Fergie what she wanted and Fergie replied "Your friendship, Ma'am."

It appears that she got it. Hence this photo and others showing that the Queen still likes Fergie.

Good choice, Fergie. And, I believe, quite sincere. On both ladies' parts.

by Anonymousreply 79June 21, 2019 9:45 PM

R70, I don't think the two things were related. He remarried three years after the Queen Mother's death - he didn't need to wait that long. I think it had more to do with the fact that Camilla was still so unpopular in the 2000s (hence her being given the title of Duchess of Cornwall rather than Princess of Wales, and the announcement that she would eventually become Princess Consort rather than Queen).

by Anonymousreply 80June 21, 2019 9:46 PM

I don't believe the "merching" because every version I've heard so far sounds like fraud and I don't think Meghan would be so short-sighted, but this I can see happening.

[quote] Harry will have one more child with Meghan if she has to steal his sperm in his sleep.

I think she would milk that man while he slept. I can imagine her with turkey basters stashed in convenient spots as needed.

by Anonymousreply 81June 21, 2019 9:52 PM

Harry and meghan are just waiting and hoping their passive aggressive birthday comment on Instagram becomes bigger news. Do people really think she doesn't know what she's doing? Any move is too get talked about. For food for bad for any controversy. I wish the media and people realise they best way to beat h and m is too not give them ANY attention. No media/newspaper headlines at all.

by Anonymousreply 82June 21, 2019 9:53 PM

R77 That is a great anecdote. I've been on the fence about getting that book and this story makes me want to read it.

R75 Apparently Margaret was her father's favorite and he spoiled her rotten. Bad parenting can cause personality traits (self-centeredness, entitlement) that persist throughout a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 83June 21, 2019 9:54 PM

I think the merchant is not as direct as we see with Instagram it girls and such: Jessica Mulroney is acknowledged to be advising Meghan on dress, and Mulroney also has agreements with certain clothing brands to post content. I don’t know that Meghan is profiting directly (other than maybe receiving free stuff) but it may be similar to her promotion of her friend’s yoga class, where she’s letting Jessica profit from their friendship.

by Anonymousreply 84June 21, 2019 9:56 PM

R83 absolutely get the book—it’s a great, juicy, sad, dramatic read. There are a couple chapters that are a little experimental that I found tiresome and skipped over, but 95% of the book is straightforward and reads like a gossipy memoir.

by Anonymousreply 85June 21, 2019 9:57 PM

How long till Clooney oprah and Beyonce are announced part of the new foundation. I'm surprised meghan isn't leaking that america wants a monarchy and her and Harry to be king and queen.

by Anonymousreply 86June 21, 2019 9:59 PM

Working royals must declare free gifts over a certain amount. People getting a business boost, money, connections etc from association with the royal family isn't new. "Merching" seems to mean something that Meghan is doing that is beyond all that. It seems to mean different things depending on the poster.

by Anonymousreply 87June 21, 2019 10:05 PM

I agree with R85. The couple of experimental chapters in 99 Glimpses are tiresome, but easily skipped. The rest is a delight.

by Anonymousreply 88June 21, 2019 10:10 PM

I think a divorced Meghan could and would pimp her kids to the media in the manner of the Kardashians. Especially if she were gifted with something so merchable as photogenic twin girls.

by Anonymousreply 89June 21, 2019 10:11 PM

Margaret would have benefited greatly from a decent education and some sense of true purpose in life. Her father instead raised her to be the pampered wife of a man like Johnny Dalkeith or Billy Wallace, and when she rebelled against that fate, she ended up directionless, miserable in her marriage, and increasingly acting out socially to get attention. I realize it was the 30s and 40s and Royals just weren't properly educated back then, but a bracing course of study at Roedean or Cheltenham would have done her no end of good.

by Anonymousreply 90June 21, 2019 10:17 PM

Our resident poster with the eye for alpha vibes posted this in the last thread and can I just say... HOLY SHIT.

William used to be so. hot. This is classic movie star handsome. The expression on his face here, too. Daaaaayum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 21, 2019 10:23 PM

Well R89 when Meg Markle is divorced she can merch her veneers, fillers and whatever, and I shall not care because she will then be out of this otherwise interesting thread.

by Anonymousreply 92June 21, 2019 10:23 PM

re the pic in R91's post

With THAT look in his eyes, he can rule my arse any time he wants to.

Long live the king!

by Anonymousreply 93June 21, 2019 10:37 PM

Prince Edward is gay.

by Anonymousreply 94June 21, 2019 10:39 PM

Every time I see Alpha Will on these threads I hear "alt-right" in my head. They love alpha males over at Conservative Treehouse and Fox News. I wouldn't have expected to see the term here.

by Anonymousreply 95June 21, 2019 10:39 PM

Another young Prince William picture. He really looks like his mother here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 21, 2019 10:52 PM

Oh William, my arse will be your most loyal subject ...

by Anonymousreply 97June 21, 2019 10:55 PM

Will future generations ever truly comprehend how hot young Prince William was? I think you had to be there. Sic transit gloria mundi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 21, 2019 10:55 PM

As a king he may not subdue other countries, but he can subdue my arse any time ...

by Anonymousreply 99June 21, 2019 10:57 PM

r87, Do we know if MM has declared her baby shower gifts yet? If not, is anyone brave enough to put in an FOI request?

by Anonymousreply 100June 21, 2019 11:01 PM

One thing I think we can all agree on is that Meghan's children, like Meghan herself are unlikely to be photogenic. We have seen that with that poor recent picture of her scared little one. Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 101June 21, 2019 11:05 PM

In reply to R60 - my favorite is Granny's fucking Chips!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 21, 2019 11:05 PM

R100 Whisper your FOI request to your fave tabloid journo. Piers would do it.

by Anonymousreply 103June 21, 2019 11:06 PM

R30 Interesting to see Carolyn in the carriage though her husband is close to the Queen. Carolyn was one of the friends that cooperated with Andrew Morton for his tell all book on Diana. When it was first published during all the craziness that was going on in the media, Diana visited her friend Carolyn and was papped doing so. This made everyone aware that Diana had been involved in the book. It was quite the huge scandal at the time as people had come out and said Morton's book was a fantasy and Diana was appalled by what was published. Turned out quite differently but Diana used this image with Carolyn to show the world she approved of what had been said. Of course we all know now Diana had spoken to Morton too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 21, 2019 11:10 PM

That is intriguing R104, I had forgotten that. Maybe enough time has gone by, they all realize everyone was caught up in Diana's drama.

I, too, have been reading the Princess Margaret book. It led me to this interview, from looks like 1981. Surprisingly, she sounds rather pleasant, if teddibly English. I would love to hear her singing voice.

Margaret, by the way, was initially nice to Diana but grew contemptuous - after the Morton book, I think it was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 21, 2019 11:16 PM

R104 You’re getting your Carolyns mixed up. Lady Carolyn Warren was in the carriage ride at Ascot. She is married to the Queen’s racing manager, John Warren. She is the daughter of the Earl of Carnarvon (the Queen’s old friend Porchey) and once dated Prince Andrew.

Carolyn Bartholomew, who cooperated on the Morton book, is Diana’s old flat mate Carolyn Pride.

by Anonymousreply 106June 21, 2019 11:21 PM

r105 She was a drunk. She scalded her feet in a overheated bathtub and walked with crutches the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 107June 21, 2019 11:21 PM

Andy dated Porchey's daughter? Interesting considering the rumors that Porchey is Andy's real father.

Didn't Charles date a woman who was rumored to be the result of one of Philip's affairs?

This shit is like a VC Andrews novel.

by Anonymousreply 108June 21, 2019 11:31 PM

Extract from a much longer interview between two royal talking heads. I think the man - Tom Bower clearly articlates the issue. The woman doesn't seem to understand that the more the Harkle's look like celebrities the more people question their existance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 21, 2019 11:36 PM

R74. Princess Margaret sounds like a rude, obnoxious, self-serving, selfish and disruptive pain in the ass. Good gawd, Diana and Sarah were a walk in the park compared to this distasteful uppity piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 110June 22, 2019 12:00 AM

R106 Whoops! thanks for pointing that out. I was wondering why on earth she ended up in a carriage ride for Ascot when she was a persona non grata!

by Anonymousreply 111June 22, 2019 12:05 AM

Thanks for the link R109 - those two guests do a good job of outlining the 'sides' of the debate. At one point the brunette says something along the lines of "Harry has lived in his brother's shadow all his life, why *shouldn't* he strike out on his own..." and I don't know how many times I can say or think this in response but Harry Windsor is PERFECTLY FREE to "strike out on his own." He just has to do it without taxpayer funding, because that's how it works, ffs.

You want to be publicly funded? Then do the job of royalty, which is apolitically representing your country, the people of said country, and your own family in a positive light. And listen to those above you in the hierarchy, again, *because that's the job.*

It's interesting to see a British woman so seemingly clueless. Two British women, actually, because Kate whatsherface is there vapidly agreeing with it all. I wonder how much of this is due to the spurious feminist narrative that has been imposed upon this particular tale. Oooh, you're against a woman being independent?! Misogynist! Etc. Zzzzzzz. It has nothing to do with gender. I feel exactly the same way about Harry. Worse, actually, because he should bloody well know better.

Hilarious to see them describing Meghan's career in Hollywood (which doesn't and didn't ever exist) as "huge." Sometimes I wonder if the UK press does that to be subtly shady. Because they know that we know that her career was never huge, or anything close to it.

by Anonymousreply 112June 22, 2019 12:23 AM

William's hair loss is a tragedy. He was devastatingly handsome with it. He's like Samson-once he lost it, that Holy Shit Hotness disappeared. Although I am enjoying the beginning of his Alpha Dick William phase.

by Anonymousreply 113June 22, 2019 1:02 AM

R111 All these Carolines look alike.

by Anonymousreply 114June 22, 2019 1:11 AM

R14 - They were indeed boors. Their behaviour was inexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 115June 22, 2019 1:24 AM

Holy Shit Hot really is the term for it. I'd argue that the hair was only part of his transformation (albeit a big part). He also lost that lovely rose-flush coloring, and he got jowly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 22, 2019 1:24 AM

"Did Meghan use Jessica's kid in her father's day post? "

lmao i can see a resemblance tbh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 22, 2019 1:25 AM

Sigh. Nothing gold can stay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 22, 2019 1:27 AM

R60 - One of those brooches is actually a family order or portrait. That said, I think I'm partial to the Maple Leaf brooch. The Queen leant it to Kate on her trips to Canada. Kate wore it once with that stunning red tea length gown with the asymmetrical necklick. One of Kate's all-time best looks.

by Anonymousreply 119June 22, 2019 1:32 AM

R117 Very similar looking babies for sure.

by Anonymousreply 120June 22, 2019 1:35 AM

I'm sure Archie is a sweet baby, but the Father's Day photo was an odd mix of IG influencer and supposedly hidden messages (Harry's wedding band, his middle finger, covering half the baby's face.)

by Anonymousreply 121June 22, 2019 1:58 AM

goddamn y'alls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 22, 2019 2:02 AM

I am decidedly not one of those who think the pregnancy was fake etc etc etc, but there's no denying that those two babies do look remarkably alike.

by Anonymousreply 123June 22, 2019 2:03 AM

It's amazing how much Will's face structure has changed, actually. Comparing now at r114 and then at r122, his entire brow and jaw don't look 'old', as in they're not at all drooping now, just entirely different, as if they belonged to two different people. Back then his brows were straight and now they are curved, for example.

by Anonymousreply 124June 22, 2019 2:08 AM

Sorry the "now" pic I am referring to is at r118, not 114

by Anonymousreply 125June 22, 2019 2:09 AM

It will be fun to see what happens with the Royal Foundation Sussex/Cambridge spilt. More good gossip coming.

by Anonymousreply 126June 22, 2019 2:12 AM

I concur with the other poster R60, I like my jewels diamondy and as big as MY EYE.

by Anonymousreply 127June 22, 2019 2:38 AM

Yes, R127, Chip Chip!

by Anonymousreply 128June 22, 2019 2:51 AM

r72 and others here: Philip's hatred and distate for Fergie probably has its origins in the fact he supposedly had a blazing affair with her mother Susan, back when she was the young wife of his polo manager Ronald Ferguson. This was in the 60s, after her children were born but before she bolted off with the Argentinian polo player who became her 2nd husband.

by Anonymousreply 129June 22, 2019 2:59 AM

Uh oh. Edo's been a bad boy. His ex fiancé Dara's dad speaks to the press about his daughter's heartbreak. They were still together when Edo hooked up with Bea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 22, 2019 3:16 AM

R117

Note that nowhere in the Father's Day message was a claim made that the picture was a picture of Archie.

It was just a picture of a baby and people assumed that it was Archie.

Given Sparkle's own description of herself as "I'm such a liar" - best to take anything coming from that source with a grain of salt.

Could very well have been a picture of JM's baby and that hand that of JM's spouse.

by Anonymousreply 131June 22, 2019 3:43 AM

Damn, you're right, r131. Gawd WHY is there so much fucking ludicrous weirdness around everything - every single fucking thing - she does?

by Anonymousreply 132June 22, 2019 3:49 AM

I get the feeling none of you have ever met a lower-class denizen of LA.

They are absolutely devoid of any social graces or sense of propriety. They are basically deeply weird lunatics blurting out any shit that pops into their heads.

Sparkle is aggressively rude and bizarre. She fits the pattern.

by Anonymousreply 133June 22, 2019 4:20 AM

R117 From a few threads back. I think the Queen makes a habit of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 22, 2019 4:27 AM

OK Dataloungers - re pictures of the Queen wearing a hat....

I know the Queen has color coordinated umbrellas, but does the Queen have color coordinated hat pins too?

I'm not an expert on the making of hats, but noticed bumps on the side of her hats in two pictures that might be the end pieces of hat pins.

Anybody?

Here's a pink one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 22, 2019 4:42 AM

And here's a yellow one from last year's Ascot.

Both are hats with the same flat top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 22, 2019 4:43 AM

^^No, that's just where they bolt her hat to her head

by Anonymousreply 137June 22, 2019 4:46 AM

Speaking of the Windsor boys' balding, look how much hair Harry had just a year and a half ago - He wasn't just covered up top, he had extremely thick, full, tufty hair. It must have been coming out in clumps for him to have lost so much so fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 22, 2019 4:47 AM

Not possible, R137. That is not a bolt. Bolts do not look like that.

Thanks for playing.

You are now out of the game.

by Anonymousreply 139June 22, 2019 4:48 AM

Archie's baby picture was very strange. Harry's hand covered most of the kid's face. They must be thinking that the kid's head would be photo-shopped onto other baby heads and go viral all over the Internet, so they covered his face to prevent photo-shopping and sent out a weird, oddball photo.

by Anonymousreply 140June 22, 2019 4:50 AM

R138. Wow, what a difference a hair, I mean, a year makes.

by Anonymousreply 141June 22, 2019 4:51 AM

Here is Harry's hair as of Christmas this year. Oof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 22, 2019 4:53 AM

R133, I've definitely met way too many lower-class denizens when I lived in LA and some of them seemed to have never learned the words, "please" and "thank you."

Here's MM latest tagline on her Social Media, "MSH." It stands for "Make Shit Happen." How low-class for a member of the BRF.

The linked video by a very British commentator also explains why MM "is on her way out." Read the Comments section for more entertainment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 22, 2019 4:54 AM

I’m in awe that this skank ho wormed her way into the BRF. She is so substandard in every way... I really hope we get the backstory on their romance some day.

by Anonymousreply 144June 22, 2019 4:54 AM

Well, r138 that's what being with a malignant narc does to a person. I speak from experience.

by Anonymousreply 145June 22, 2019 4:55 AM

[R138] Imagine dating her. There were probably so many games and manipulations that Harry felt compelled to figure her out, but through a much different dynamic. I wonder what it's like now living with each other, when she's just any other woman who can stink up a bathroom and not some great enigma.

by Anonymousreply 146June 22, 2019 4:55 AM

Sorry, R133 not 138

by Anonymousreply 147June 22, 2019 4:56 AM

R144, Lots of stories online and YouTube videos re how they really met but I get really dissed whenever I link certain sources. Soho House is a key as well as VFF. Some have even suggested a contract of sorts where Prince Harry wanted a wild partier.

Do remember that Prince Harry would not have been allowed to marry a woman who didn't have some connection to the BRF's bloodline.

by Anonymousreply 148June 22, 2019 5:01 AM

Found when looking up the before/after hair pics

January 2018 : Prince Harry to get 50,000 hair transplant

"Fiance Meghan Markle is said to be 'massively behind' his plan to go under the knife"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 22, 2019 5:08 AM

R148 that's not true. He doesn't have to marry anyone connected to their bloodline FFS. Someone found out that what, her father's side are very distant several times removed cousins? That's true for most people with Western European ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 150June 22, 2019 5:12 AM

Someone doesn't know their designer bolts

by Anonymousreply 151June 22, 2019 5:14 AM

So, the Queen has color keyed hat pins that exactly match the color of her hats.

by Anonymousreply 152June 22, 2019 5:39 AM

What is VFF?

by Anonymousreply 153June 22, 2019 5:41 AM

R153, VFF stands for Venice Film Festival, the location of wild international partying. every year. MM was photographed attending at least once. Not sure exactly who she accompanied.

by Anonymousreply 154June 22, 2019 5:54 AM

[quote]So, the Queen has color keyed hat pins that exactly match the color of her hats.

Yes, actually she does, r152. Everything she wears now is carefully encoded in databases allowing her to mix and match from years previously. She's a very modern Queen.

A few years ago, an interviewer asked Lagerfeld what he thought of the way she dresses, obviously expecting a very bitchy response. The two had been trashing current fashion stars. Instead, he replied "I think she dresses very well for a woman of her age and position."

by Anonymousreply 155June 22, 2019 6:16 AM

It's not just the hair loss and jowls that have downgraded PW's looks. His nose is now as long as Nelson's column and he has big yellow horse teeth. Unlikely he'd alter his nose, but some teeth whitening would do wonders.

by Anonymousreply 156June 22, 2019 6:44 AM

Worked with a man who grew up in London, and he said that he saw Di out jogging in the mall (?) all the time. He also said she was drop dead gorgeous (which was her nickname for William, now that I think about it...)

by Anonymousreply 157June 22, 2019 6:48 AM

r112 I agree with you. I also thought the description of MM's career was a bit shady because there was a qualifier used something like "huge on her terms". Given she'd been out of work before, having a job for 7 years was huge. These women are the type you find in the Guardian writing about poor Meghan. They empathise with because she looks like one of them. So they give her far less scrutiny than she deserves. Harry also gets less scrutiny than he deserves, although I think MM has led to a lot of people questioning Harry that never would have before.

by Anonymousreply 158June 22, 2019 6:49 AM

She sticks out like a bullet-riddled corpse because she's in precisely the wrong venue. If she was in LA, married to some loaded, sleazy Hollywood mover and shaker she'd fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 159June 22, 2019 7:05 AM

R157 The Mall is a road between Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square.

by Anonymousreply 160June 22, 2019 7:16 AM

She'd be happy as a clam, too, R159. She could merch and virtue signal and IG to her heart's content. When MM finally makes her walk of shame out of the BRF, the title of her tell-all book will be Be Careful What You Wish For - My Tragic Life in the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 161June 22, 2019 7:17 AM

Thanks, R160. I've always wondered about that! In the States, mall means shopping mall. And ITA, R161.

by Anonymousreply 162June 22, 2019 7:19 AM

I also think MM would be happier outside the BRF.

She should have marry someone like Clooney. She would have the fame, the money and no restriction. The BRF is really a gilded cage for someone like her.

That's why I think she's going to divorce quickly. She's the type to move on and not looking back. As soon as she has a new romantic/wealth opportunity, she's done with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 163June 22, 2019 7:38 AM

The problem is she got very lucky with Harry being so dim and gullible. Meghan is not an attractive woman nor does she have a good figure. She has few personal accomplishments and is not a catch. Plus she's pushing 40. No, Harry is the best she will ever do until he tires of her games.

by Anonymousreply 164June 22, 2019 7:45 AM

R164 You think she's not attractive nor have a good figure.

Tons of people think she's actually attractive, a lot of men do for sure. Even if you don't like her, no need to be blinded by uour ressentment.

by Anonymousreply 165June 22, 2019 7:53 AM

R165 what on earth would I feel resentful about? I've gotten hotter men than she has FFS its not hard, her track record runs to ugly. She is Spongebob Squarepants personified. I don't know any men nor women who find her anything but plain. You need to raise your standards, or go to specsavers. Try spell check once in awhile too, although we know illiteracy runs heavy with the Megstans.

by Anonymousreply 166June 22, 2019 8:00 AM

R165 1. I'm not a MeghanStan.

2. You should do something about your anger issue.

3. You don't play the hottie in a tv show when you're ugly and unattractive. The fact you don't find her attractive is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 167June 22, 2019 8:04 AM

MM is pretty and photogenic, although her looks have taken a major drop in the last year, what with stress, pregnancy, childbirth, and weight gain. Plus, no longer having access to the professionals who made her look good during her tv career.

by Anonymousreply 168June 22, 2019 8:08 AM

R148 They do have to have that common lineage, it's so their true interdimensional (demonic) nature can possess their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 169June 22, 2019 8:10 AM

The only one I see with anger issues here is you. You keep feeling the need to lash out at those who speak the truth no matter how unpleasant. You should ask yourself why you have such low standards. Meghan didn't play a "hottie" lol. She played a slut. Big difference. Suits made her look her best but clearly that was all them. She isn't at all photogenic however. She comes off extremely try hard, because she is.

by Anonymousreply 170June 22, 2019 8:11 AM

R170 So you have the Truth now, that's interesting. Thank to share the Truth with us on Datalounge, the place of pointless bitchery.

Do you even realize how pathetic your sound?

by Anonymousreply 171June 22, 2019 8:16 AM

I don't think there's any way she could have snagged somebody like Clooney. Men like him marry up or sideways, but never down.

by Anonymousreply 172June 22, 2019 8:22 AM

Re MM's attractiveness versus lack thereof as described by the previous posters. Many straight and bi men and women will label an actress or model sexy or appealing because of just one physical characteristic that they prioritize or a quality she projects.

I think MM gives off a very adventurous vibe especially to those who want to be dominated in bed. She's used to dressing in far more revealing clothes than the BRF deem appropriate for her position. That makes her hot to some.

by Anonymousreply 173June 22, 2019 8:24 AM

So much projection r171. How tiring. I'm inclined to believe r173 is more in line with Meghan's actual appeal. I get that slutty vibe from her too.

by Anonymousreply 174June 22, 2019 8:34 AM

I dislike MM for her shallowness, hypocrisy and manipulativeness, and look forward to her exit from our shores, but I think she had a certain charm when she arrived on the scene. Lovely expressive eyes and beautiful smile, a warm manner, sexy and fun. Now she looks increasingly desperate, gritting her teeth as she smiles, and the BRF styling plus weight gain and bad hair have done her no favours. But I can see how she hooked Harry.

by Anonymousreply 175June 22, 2019 8:36 AM

R172. You have to consider what each man really goes for deep down. Does a particular woman remind him of his mother? Or the complete opposite if he had a conflicting relationship with his mom? Perhaps a man has a particular fetish the woman is eager to fulfill, as IMHO what happened with Wallis Simpson. I've seen many pairings that don't make a lot of initial sense on the surface. Then again I'd never have put Amal & Clooney together either.

There are some that don't believe Prince Harry to be 100% straight. So what role did MM really fulfill?

by Anonymousreply 176June 22, 2019 8:53 AM

None of that was real though, r175 it was all a very transparent act. Without her fake teeth and fake lashes, nose, hair etc ad nauseam she is basic. Hell, even with all that work she's still basic. I just don't see it. I do think r176 really hit the nail on the head though. I have seen some very odd pairings myself and the Wallis and David inclusion was a perfect example.

by Anonymousreply 177June 22, 2019 9:04 AM

R177 what fetish did Wallis fulfill? And who is David?

by Anonymousreply 178June 22, 2019 9:07 AM

It works because Harry is also basic. Nothing about him beyond his title is elevated or elevating. The really interesting part to come is the aftermath - Meghan is mean. What will she say, NDA or not.

by Anonymousreply 179June 22, 2019 9:07 AM

R178 David is King Edward VIII who abdicated to marry Wallis (or rather the government got rid of him).

by Anonymousreply 180June 22, 2019 9:11 AM

R179, I think MM made his love of partying including drug & alcohol use far worse. Reports that the French ambassador who initially lived very nearby complained about their almost nightly to the wee hours of the morning adventures with lots of friends. All this while MM was supposedly pregnant. We all know the rep of the entertainment industry and why some get & keep roles.

When Prince Harry took a break from MM, and she returned to North America, he dated a former Burberry model and health advocate. They broke up because she was too straight & narrow for the party boy. Just look at his Vegas pictures. Then surprise when MM snared him there was a lot of media focus on her yoga practice & semi-vegan style.

by Anonymousreply 181June 22, 2019 9:13 AM

M will not go quietly into the night. When the entire thing blows up, and it will, she'll drag Harry (and thus the BRF) into the kind of explosive, ongoing drama that the BRF wants so desperately to avoid, and will make Diana's antics seem like child's play.

by Anonymousreply 182June 22, 2019 9:17 AM

R182, Sometimes I wonder if Prince Harry secretly wanted to harm the BRF.

MM should be concerned about her personal safety. Rumors are that Princess Diana wasn't the only one harmed by going out on a limb with the powerful. Wonder if MM is really staying at the Clooney's British or Lake Como homes per the online stories. Surprised none of the tabloids have gotten pictures of Archie.

by Anonymousreply 183June 22, 2019 9:22 AM

"Sometimes I wonder if Prince Harry secretly wanted to harm the BRF."

I think you're on to something there, R183. In fact, I think that statement is the key to this whole rotten barrel of fish. They killed his mother.

End.Of.Story.

by Anonymousreply 184June 22, 2019 9:28 AM

I don't think PH wanted to harm the BRF exactly. Harry wanted to one-up his brother in the coolness and hotness stakes re a wife. He wanted to forge a different path than Edward, and he pretty much knew no one was going to make him trade ambassador like Andrew. MM fit the bill. Bi-racial, woke, sexy, fun, smart (?). I am sure she convinced him he could escape a dreary life of visiting senior care homes and be a jet-setting humanitarian. beloved by all, and living large on the taxpayers' largesse.

Sadly, it didn't go quite to plan, and I don't think he had a plan B.

by Anonymousreply 185June 22, 2019 9:35 AM

Why would the BRF kill his mother? She was on the way to destroying herself - the press was turning more negative and so was the public. No Harry resents that he is not the heir.

It's not just Archie the tabloids haven't got pictures of it is Meghan. She has NEVER been papped in the UK outside of her paid papwalks. NEVER. It is weird. I'm not saying we have the same pap culture as the US. However isn't it odd that no member of the public has ever caught MM out and about? I am loathe to compare to Kate but ever now and then you get photo's or reports of her from members of the public. We have never got that with Meghan. It is really, really weird.

You get stories from her PR about her talking long walks in windor - the park is open to the public but yet no one ever sees her. No one ever takes a photograph? There is something odd about the House of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 186June 22, 2019 9:36 AM

R181, to be fair, I remember the ambassador quote not being him complaining, but rather saying he missed them as neighbors. He did say there was a lot of partying, but it didn't sound necessarily like after hours hardcore partying, more like they did a lot of entertaining. He mentioned fireworks.

by Anonymousreply 187June 22, 2019 9:38 AM

What pap walks? I went to buy an organic chicken, that's all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 22, 2019 9:40 AM

Hello, is Harry coming out to play?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 22, 2019 9:41 AM

The picture upthread is not Jessica Mulroney's child as a baby.

It is, however, the child of Stacey Solomon ( X Factor / Loose Women ) and Joe Swash ( I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here ).

by Anonymousreply 190June 22, 2019 9:43 AM

The BBC is to broadcast a comedy which portrays the Duchess of Sussex as a ‘trailer trash’ American who threatens to knife the Duchess of Cambridge in a jealous rage.

Oh my! LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191June 22, 2019 9:44 AM

R187 Somehow I doubt Jean-Pierre Jouyet, the French Ambassador ever commented about H&M or the Royal family in general.

Jouyet is just not that kind of man. Sounds like bullshit, because Jouyet is Jouyet.

by Anonymousreply 192June 22, 2019 9:47 AM

R54, #39? Who cares? Did we note #38? How about #26?

by Anonymousreply 193June 22, 2019 9:49 AM

Relax, R193. It's pointless gossip, remember? And what's more pointless than their 39th wedding anniversary?

by Anonymousreply 194June 22, 2019 9:56 AM

Harry said in a televised interview that when he first saw and met MM he thought, "I'm going to have to up my game!"

IOW, he was taken from the git-go, and thus perhaps it is taking a bit for the shine to fade.

by Anonymousreply 195June 22, 2019 10:15 AM

R156, And if one compares baby pictures of PW and PG, one sees the same pinched area that eventually grows to a length the sort of which PW sports now.

Georgie's future.

by Anonymousreply 196June 22, 2019 10:19 AM

He's one of the few men I can think of who would have said something as ludicrous as that about Smugz. One of the few men who would actually believe that getting with her was trading "up". He deserves her, he really does.

by Anonymousreply 197June 22, 2019 10:20 AM

I don't think George has "handsome" in his future, R196. He may grow up to be the finest King that England has ever had, but he won't be handsome.

by Anonymousreply 198June 22, 2019 10:23 AM

Who are Wallis and David?

Do you know where the fuck you are? I've come across some dumb Americans, but come on. Do you ever crack open a book? Know about history at all? Did you go to school? Don't tell me, you could never figure out what The Mall is, eh.

by Anonymousreply 199June 22, 2019 10:23 AM

We have some super angry people on here tonight, for some reason. R199? Take your head out of your ass, I beg of you.

by Anonymousreply 200June 22, 2019 10:27 AM

From r150 to r175, we had a massive frau invasion. i love how these threads begin..mellow, chill, interesting. And then somewhere at the midpoint, strange stans emerge from the woodwork to derail the thread

by Anonymousreply 201June 22, 2019 10:54 AM

R191, the comedian who does Meghan addresses the "angry black woman trope" in the article, but it just sounds very unfunny aside from any other concerns. I think a handful of DL posters could write a much funnier send up of MM. The Windsors got a bit right, but didn't have enough time to hone it.

by Anonymousreply 202June 22, 2019 11:00 AM

I know Wallis Simpson but never knew the abdicated king was called David.

by Anonymousreply 203June 22, 2019 11:07 AM

Before Edward VIII was King he was known as David only to members of his own family and in his close circle of friends.

He was christened Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David. As is common among aristocracy of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, the name used ‘familiarly’ is not necessarily the name used publicly or officially. Even those who knew him closely would never have introduced him as at an official engagement as “David” or addressed an envelope to him using that name. Rather, it would be to address him formally, which changed over the years depending on his title.

by Anonymousreply 204June 22, 2019 11:09 AM

What r201 said.

by Anonymousreply 205June 22, 2019 11:15 AM

'One thing I think we can all agree on is that Meghan's children, like Meghan herself are unlikely to be photogenic. '

This is so funny. If she hadn't been photogenic, she would have never got the part in Suits, let alone kept it for seven years. Her face is fine boned with a sharp jawline, which cameras love. The thinner the better, too.

by Anonymousreply 206June 22, 2019 11:18 AM

'Megham didn't play a hottie lol. She played a slut.'

Why is this lie bouncing around the haters' echo chamber? M's character in Suits was a paralegal who kept failing her LSAT exam. Eventually she did pass and became a lawyer. How the hell is that being a slut?

The majority of Brits have never seen Suits so know nothing.

by Anonymousreply 207June 22, 2019 11:33 AM

So, last day of Royal Ascot today, who shall we see?

Not sure whether this lady will get past the admission gates, but rules were made to be broken. By Essex girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 22, 2019 11:39 AM

It's a bit disturbing that people don't know that David is Edward VIII's pre-coronation name. I'm in New Zealand and know it. I guess they don't teach British history outside the Commonwealth?

by Anonymousreply 209June 22, 2019 11:41 AM

OMG, R208. I've never understood why women let their tits hang out like that. I guess they like being slobbered on by disgusting creeps. And it looks funky.

by Anonymousreply 210June 22, 2019 11:42 AM

R209, Everything I've learned about British history I have learned on my own. I took advanced classes in junior high and high school and British history only came up in the discussion of the Red Coats of 1776. Never even knew about British involvement in Africa or anyplace else besides Canada. Perhaps India was mentioned once.

Popular American films are probably the #1 way most today learn anything about British history. It it's not going to make them money in the near future many consider it not necessary to learn. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 211June 22, 2019 11:51 AM

R207, the majority of Brits have never seen suits much like a huge majority of Americans haven't. Actually more likely close to zero "Brits" have seen it. You had to see nothing but a print ad for it to note Meg Markle's jutted out ass sprawled on a bed was encased in a butt pad to conclude her schtick. Flat broad ass no tit spongebob squarepants on chicken legs does not a hottie make.

by Anonymousreply 212June 22, 2019 11:54 AM

R212 et al, FYI many straight men think that a less attractive woman who thinks of herself as sexual will be wilder in bed and do much more to please her chosen man.

by Anonymousreply 213June 22, 2019 11:57 AM

R211, American here, and most of what I know came from a few World/Global History classes. And the rest is from whatever I’ve gleaned from literature and discussion of current events and other random sources. And I’ve learned plenty in these threads! Same goes for

I’m still scratching my head about “Harry” being a nickname for “Henry”.

by Anonymousreply 214June 22, 2019 11:57 AM

Right R213 just like Harvey Weinstein and Steve Mnuchin thought Meg Markle was "wild.," sure jan.

by Anonymousreply 215June 22, 2019 12:00 PM

Gtfo fraus this is the BRF thread on DL not a spot for squealy stupid stans.

by Anonymousreply 216June 22, 2019 12:03 PM

r191 That might have been funny if they didn't make MM look like a black woman, significantly darker than she is in real life even when you include the fake tan and bronzer.

by Anonymousreply 217June 22, 2019 12:05 PM

First hat of the day, and a good reminder to never go to Leeds to find a milliner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 22, 2019 12:10 PM

Another product of Leeds, the "Startled Tangerine Baby Ostrich" hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 22, 2019 12:12 PM

The picnics are looking better today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 22, 2019 12:15 PM

Trust the gays to have a fancy parasol #PicnicsOfAscot #IWantOne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 22, 2019 12:19 PM

Now THAT party looks like fun, R221!

by Anonymousreply 222June 22, 2019 12:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223June 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224June 22, 2019 12:33 PM

Today is a day of anniversaries per Royal Central

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 22, 2019 12:35 PM

One of the women at R223's link calls herself an "influencer". Watch M start calling herself that now.

by Anonymousreply 226June 22, 2019 12:35 PM

R224, he doesn’t look 50! And his new (old) wife can wear whatever the hell she wants and no one will care. Whoever she is, she has better golddigging skills than MM.

by Anonymousreply 227June 22, 2019 12:39 PM

They're both better looking than the ROCK STARS, R227.

by Anonymousreply 228June 22, 2019 12:40 PM

r224 That's the second wife he's married at 8 months pregnant, appears to be something of a habit with him. It appears the £2bn belongs to the elder brother who inherit the Viscountcy. Is he another Harry? From a very wealthy family but living on a small trust (in comparison).

by Anonymousreply 229June 22, 2019 12:41 PM

Carriage procession list for the final day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 22, 2019 12:43 PM

Whoops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 22, 2019 12:43 PM

My God. Charles was an awkward geek when he was young - and not in a good way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232June 22, 2019 12:45 PM

I'm not surprised M didn't put in an appearance. She would have if she looked even halfway decent, maternity leave notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 233June 22, 2019 12:46 PM

I like Charles' tweed cap here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 22, 2019 12:47 PM

Little Charles in a kilt. I wouldn't mind seeing the Cambridge children dressed up like this when in Scotland. Too cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 22, 2019 12:48 PM

Photo # 1- Zara in her Ascot hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 22, 2019 12:51 PM

Photo # 2 of Zara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237June 22, 2019 12:52 PM

That is a darling pic, R235.

by Anonymousreply 238June 22, 2019 12:52 PM

Meghan played a slut on suits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 22, 2019 12:52 PM

Photo # 3 - selfie time with Zara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 22, 2019 12:52 PM

So is teal the color of the day today, or is Zara just doing her own thing?

by Anonymousreply 241June 22, 2019 12:53 PM

Photo# 4 - a backshot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242June 22, 2019 12:53 PM

Zara doesn't look much like her mother. That's quite lucky.

by Anonymousreply 243June 22, 2019 12:53 PM

R241 - that teal outfit was earlier in the week.

by Anonymousreply 244June 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Will with hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 22, 2019 12:54 PM

SHit, how many times do I have to block the Slut troll?

by Anonymousreply 246June 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Anyone need a lift?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 22, 2019 12:55 PM

Where's Zara's hunky husband?

by Anonymousreply 248June 22, 2019 12:56 PM

Will the Painter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 22, 2019 12:56 PM

R248 - practicing his magic act.

by Anonymousreply 250June 22, 2019 12:56 PM

Even Will had a bad hair day when he had hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251June 22, 2019 12:57 PM

Polo Will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 22, 2019 12:58 PM

Sultry Will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 22, 2019 12:58 PM

Cheeky Will. OMG those teeth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 22, 2019 12:59 PM

Diana with two of her wedding attendants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255June 22, 2019 1:01 PM

The Queen is seated next to Prince Andrew today at Ascot. Lime green, yellow?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 22, 2019 1:01 PM

I miss seeing the Queen in side saddle for the Trooping The Colour. All good things come to an end if you live long enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 22, 2019 1:03 PM

Young Elizabeth at the piano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258June 22, 2019 1:03 PM

Wow, even the horse is wearing jewelry, R257!

by Anonymousreply 259June 22, 2019 1:04 PM

Charles at a polo match. He's wearing the right footwear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260June 22, 2019 1:04 PM

The difference in style between the Queen Mum and Princess Marina of Kent is apparent in this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 22, 2019 1:06 PM

I forgot how dreamy Will used to be. And I’m cracking up at how quickly Harry lost his hair since meeting Meghan. His hair now seems very... fuzzy.

And I suppose it does happen at puberty, but his hair changed from straight silky blond to frizzy kinky ginger. How unfortunate. I’m wondering if it hasn’t gotten more orange lately.

by Anonymousreply 262June 22, 2019 1:07 PM

Duchess Fergie of York would like to invite you all to her humble boudoir for some light refreshments and bedtime reading.

This photo begs a question: What the hell possessed her to dress up in this getup?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263June 22, 2019 1:11 PM

Zara and Autumn earlier in the week at Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 22, 2019 1:12 PM

I've found the Startled Tangerine Baby Ostrich's mother

#HatsOfAscot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 22, 2019 1:13 PM

Why are British women so tacky?

by Anonymousreply 266June 22, 2019 1:18 PM

She's having a Dynasty moment, 263. I'm sure if we looked hard enough we'd find the box of chocolates and the maltipoo.

by Anonymousreply 267June 22, 2019 1:18 PM

The Kartrashian's aint British, R266.

by Anonymousreply 268June 22, 2019 1:20 PM

My cynical mind says the Wales boys decided to settle down as soon as they started losing their hair.

William strung Kate along for years then married her as he was getting thin on top. Harry plowed many a field before putting a ring on Meghan when he started feeling more sun on his scalp.

by Anonymousreply 269June 22, 2019 1:23 PM

ITV racing twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 22, 2019 1:23 PM

Zara in bloom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 22, 2019 1:29 PM

It's time to play "Spot the Queens".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272June 22, 2019 1:31 PM

More #HatsOfAscot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 22, 2019 1:31 PM

I like the pants suit, lady near the Queen ( part of her party? )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274June 22, 2019 1:33 PM

Video of the Queen talking to a jockey. Is that Peter and Autumn Phillips (in pale blue pants) on the left?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 22, 2019 1:34 PM

Posted the same video as R274 at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 276June 22, 2019 1:34 PM

More pom poms for the pom pom fan!

#HatsOfAscot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277June 22, 2019 1:36 PM

It looks like Autumn, and her style. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 278June 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Applause for Her Majesty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 22, 2019 1:38 PM

Dancing Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280June 22, 2019 1:40 PM

Thank you, R277! The yellow pompoms and the purple flowers together are so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 281June 22, 2019 1:41 PM

The other side of r263...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 22, 2019 1:42 PM

Zara wins for best hat at Ascot this year. The dress was awful but the hat was truly lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283June 22, 2019 1:43 PM

I like Zara's face. It's sweet, and she has a beautiful smile.

by Anonymousreply 284June 22, 2019 1:46 PM

Zara and Mike seem like a fun couple. I bet Mike gives it to her good so she looks the other way when he's a dog.

by Anonymousreply 285June 22, 2019 1:49 PM

To be fucked by Mike Tindall must be an experience and a half.

by Anonymousreply 286June 22, 2019 1:50 PM

Now these would have been better on Fergie , yesterday, instead of those purple monsters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 22, 2019 1:52 PM

Quirky / Controversial

#HatsOfAscot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288June 22, 2019 1:56 PM

That woman's makeup is god awful, R288.

by Anonymousreply 289June 22, 2019 1:57 PM

A sea of afternoon teas.

I must say, I've seen better but hey ho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 22, 2019 2:01 PM

R168 - Meghan Markle was a reasonably attractive young woman typical of a type of which you'd find thousands in South L.A. - not a great beauty but reasonably pretty and ambitious enough to make the most of what she had with a bit of cosmetic surgery (narrowing and slightly lifting the end of her nose and teeth veneers), hair straightening, and styling.

And she does have a problematic figure (no waist, stick legs, breasts low-placed on her sternum) that the stylists at "Suits" seemed far better able to work with than the Houses of Givenchy or Dior or de la Renta. But the kind of looks she had run to seed fairly quickly - they're typical of a type that works best when freshess, and more, they lack distinction and character. Her looks have the same peculiarly manufactured aura that her persona does. With youth fading, it will take more and more manufacturing to maintain what's left of those looks.

It's interesting that Meghan has looked worse, rather than better, for all their screaming price tags and labels, in the designer clothes she now wears. She just doesn't have the character to wear them well, so they end up wearing her, and emphasis rather than hide her total lack of natural class.

And those qualities, or the lack thereof, also emphasise in choosing her and fuck it all, actually marrying her, how terribly immature and shallow Harry is. Somehow, just as happened a generation earlier with Elizabeth and Margaret, the parents did a better job on the Heir than the Spare.

The whole Sussex Foundation issue, with a public announcement about "stamping their own personalities on their work" (if you can call it work), when the BRF isn't supposed to be about personalities, but character and timelessness, is, to anyone who has considered the history of the BRF and its place in British society, is borderline shocking, and it's also shocking that the BRF expect the UK taxpayer to be perfectly happy to support the Sussexes as they move their primary identities and "work" abroad.

I'm not sure where this will end, but as I'm old enough to have been a late 20s adult throughout the Wales marriage, watching Diana determinedly skyrocket across the sky eclipsing all about her, the same underlying feelings twitch: this isn't good for the monarchy, and a major crisis will erupt sooner or later, as it's built into the nature of the characters involved.

And as George Eliot pointed out, character is destiny. It's really odd to find myself looking on in fascination at Diana's son making the same mistake his father did, and the BRF making the same mistke they did in indulging the strong-willed but weak-minded new bride, fingers crossed behind their backs.

When in fact, they should be planning to get rid of her as quickly as possible. Perhaps the "internationally focussed" foundation is part of the plan. Or perhaps they figure, give it ten years and no one will care any longer about a couple of middle-aged virtue-signalling twats. At least, he's nowhere near the throne.

I don't think Kate and William want another child, but a set of Cambridge twins next year bumping Harry into eigth place and Archie into ninth might be salutary, and awaken a peasant's revolt at supporting the lifestyles of those so far from the top.

by Anonymousreply 291June 22, 2019 2:07 PM

R286 - Tindall looks as if he smells like the bottom of a lion's cage. The kind of guy who's great at fucking but lousy at making love.

by Anonymousreply 292June 22, 2019 2:11 PM

I think the BRF is less worried about Meghan because she's married to the sixth in line, and thus dynastically unimportant. A lot of Diana's appeal (besides youth and beauty) was that Princess of Wales title. Meghan will never have that; her son doesn't use a title at all.

by Anonymousreply 293June 22, 2019 2:15 PM

R266 - It's Ascot, my Yankee chum. It's an occasion specifically for outrageous outfits.

Meanwhile, as R268 pointed out, Meghan Markle and the Kardashians are American, and they're tacky as fuck.

Audrey Hepburn was British. Her father was Joseph Anthony Victor Rushton, a British subject born in Austria. He served as an Honorary British Consul in the Dutch East Indies.

Deborah Kerr. Honor Blackman. Julie Christie. Kate Beckinsale. Vivein Leigh.

Yes, British women are all tacky aren't they?

You were saying?

by Anonymousreply 294June 22, 2019 2:19 PM

^^*"Vivien

by Anonymousreply 295June 22, 2019 2:20 PM

R294 MARY!

by Anonymousreply 296June 22, 2019 2:25 PM

Yes, it was Autumn Phillips in the pants suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297June 22, 2019 2:26 PM

Here's the thing: The bar has always been set quite low for William. But he did manage to clear said bar: university degree (albeit in an easy subject), short career in public service (helicopter rescue), avoidance of major scandals (the dad dancing in Switzerland was about the worst one), marriage to a biddable and photogenic woman (knocked that one out of the park), and father to 2-3 rosy-faced heirs (ditto).

The bar was set equally low for Harry, yet nearly always, he trips over it and falls flat on his face. Couldn't hack uni, couldn't pass the major's exam, couldn't keep his clothes on in Vegas, couldn't marry a nice woman who would wear tights and not rock the boat. He has managed to sire a son, but even those traditions have been fucked up at every step by Meghan. Let's face it: If he hadn't been born a prince of the blood, he'd be driving a lorry and pulling slags at the local. A total spoiled disaster of a person.

by Anonymousreply 298June 22, 2019 2:26 PM

But he was born a prince, he was!

by Anonymousreply 299June 22, 2019 2:31 PM

Perfect summary R298

by Anonymousreply 300June 22, 2019 2:31 PM

Bless.

#LightweightsOfAscot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301June 22, 2019 2:39 PM

Lovely picture of Peter and Autumn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302June 22, 2019 2:42 PM

See how they all wear their badges, yet Markle refused to?

by Anonymousreply 303June 22, 2019 2:43 PM

R286 - All right, guilty as charged . . . but a patriotic MARY!

by Anonymousreply 304June 22, 2019 2:43 PM

This heart & Cupid's bow headwear is fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 22, 2019 2:45 PM

R297 - Autumn certainly rocked those pants far better than Sophie the Clown during the week (a reminder in the link below). Autumn's color was a summery light blue too rather than darker blue. I like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Autumn's pants are too long like Sophie's were but the color is very flattering and overall I think her outfit is a hit! Is she squatting for a selfie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307June 22, 2019 2:48 PM

R300 - I concur. R298 has nailed it.

And even Harry siring a son is meaningless in the dynastic scheme of things because Harry is too far down the line - the kid didn't get an HRH, and the dukedom that son is heir to is an empty title and comes with no hereditary lands or estates, while his Uncle William, and then his coz, Prince George, will one day inherit dukedoms that come with a huge portfolio of landholdings and revenues. That's where the son counts: lands, estates, revenues.

Harry's choice of a wife reflects his title: all hot air, no substance.

by Anonymousreply 308June 22, 2019 2:49 PM

R307 - Agree: Autumn's hat and the colour of the outfit are lovely, but the lower half ruins it the way Sophie's did.

by Anonymousreply 309June 22, 2019 2:50 PM

Sophia Webster shoe hats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310June 22, 2019 2:54 PM

Imagine if Harry had been smart enough to marry Chelsy Davy. The Sussex Dukedom would be heir to half of Zimbabwe.

by Anonymousreply 311June 22, 2019 2:55 PM

Swipe for more hats!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312June 22, 2019 2:55 PM

[quote] The bar was set equally low for Harry, yet nearly always, he trips over it and falls flat on his face. Couldn't hack uni, couldn't pass the major's exam, couldn't keep his clothes on in Vegas, couldn't marry a nice woman who would wear tights and not rock the boat. He has managed to sire a son, but even those traditions have been fucked up at every step by Meghan. Let's face it: If he hadn't been born a prince of the blood, he'd be driving a lorry and pulling slags at the local. A total spoiled disaster of a person.

As a uni person I can say uni isn't everything and there's been no verification of the "Harry failed the majors exam" story AFAIK. Please provide links if you have them.

Harry, for all his flaws, managed to stay in the army for 10 years. Edward didn't. If Harry were an average middle class guy who left the army it's likely he would have been able to get a job and bring in a steady income. There are many transferable skills from the army to corporate life. His and William's career paths outside of being royals were fairly hopeful. Given Harry's service in a war zone, he would have needed mental health support for PTSD just like anyone else with a similar service history. A lot of his post army success would have depended on his transitioning out of combat life into a civilian life.

All the history of art degrees are pretty useless IMO, but those royals who have them could have started entry level jobs, went on to get some more education and been director of some obscure thing in a faceless corporation. (No, the York sister's jobs are not realistic outside of their royal connections). Meghan's communications degree is iffy. It could have set her up well for some communications director job in a nameless faceless corp or she could have been shafted by downsizing in the media.

by Anonymousreply 313June 22, 2019 2:56 PM

Didn't Harry just not sit the major's exam, as there was no way he could cheat that one?

by Anonymousreply 314June 22, 2019 2:59 PM

R314 How do you know why Harry didn't sit the exam? Is that just pointless bitchery?

An answer for q1 or yes to q2 are equally good in my book.

by Anonymousreply 315June 22, 2019 3:03 PM

It's not my job to bring receipts on a gossip thread, R313. The Harry washed out of the army because he wouldn't take the major's exam story is well known. Feel free to Google it if you must have more evidence.

I might agree with Harry bringing transferable skills out of the army, except for the fact that he had his hand held even in service. He had professional minders in the dangerous areas, and there's no way he was ever allowed to be near anywhere THAT dangerous. As soon as word got out that there was a price on his head, they helicoptered him out of the country tout suite. Just like he was given credit for the Invictus Games while others organized them, I doubt his time in service amounted to much in the way of real work. To be fair, by all accounts William's helicopter gig was never more than part-time, either.

Outside of the Royal Family, none of them would have done much. But Harry wouldn't have done anything: He has his mother's dimness and stubbornness, and apparently none of her empathy and charisma.

by Anonymousreply 316June 22, 2019 3:03 PM

Picking on Harry for his education (or lack of) or military career seems rather disingenous. None of the family are particularly bright. Even Charles needed "help". And Edward ran crying from the Marines.

by Anonymousreply 317June 22, 2019 3:05 PM

I think Sophie is great, however she clearly has hit that age where she has to aggressively manage her weight. She doesn’t have to lose much at all, but if she did she would look far better in her clothes.

by Anonymousreply 318June 22, 2019 3:05 PM

r311 Are you creaming yourself?

Chelsy davys shady daddy is a criminal and he knew it. Very self aware that one. He himself said there is no way harry would be allowed to marry chelsy and his friendship with mugabe were subject to much speculation and derision by the press.

He does not own half of Zimbabwe and is not native to the country so your African Queen fantasies with hefty pig nosed, broad backed, chelsy is just that; a fantasy. No one, including you, wanted harry to marry chelsy before meghan entered the scene.

You lot called her a chav with money and even mocked her name as being too low class and not fit for a princess. You called her too fat, you said she dresses and acts like a chav, miss piggy, masculine faced and god knows what else but you bullied the hell out of her and now want to re write and white wash history like you did kate.

by Anonymousreply 319June 22, 2019 3:06 PM

Time for R319's bath and nap: She's awfully fussy today.

by Anonymousreply 320June 22, 2019 3:09 PM

Ooer! Who are you to tell people what opinions they had of Chelsy Davy?

by Anonymousreply 321June 22, 2019 3:10 PM

I wonder how many papers and projects Kate did for William at uni? They did share a major, didn't they?

by Anonymousreply 322June 22, 2019 3:10 PM

R316 It's not anyone's job to gossip. People ask for receipts for all kinds of stories on these threads. People give links to books, documentaries etc all over these 78 threads. The general view is that if you've made the claim perhaps you have a link to a source. There are many stories that are well known but not based on facts.

by Anonymousreply 323June 22, 2019 3:13 PM

Zimbabwe is around 96.5 million acres. Chelsy's father owns 800,000 acres, so he really only holds about 0.008% of the country. And Chelsy will have to split that with her brother.

Still, inheriting 400,000 acres of prime African farmland is much better than inheriting no land at all, which is what the Duke of Sussex is currently facing.

by Anonymousreply 324June 22, 2019 3:13 PM

And I also know the habit of some posters, R313, of moving the goal posts when said receipts are presented: "Oh, THAT's not a reliable source, etc. etc."

If I were writing a dissertation on the slobbish history of Prince Harry, I would be happy to provide a bibliography for all of my assertions. But I'm not, so sod off.

by Anonymousreply 325June 22, 2019 3:15 PM

Those acres of African land come with family dinners with a dictator. I'd take the Middletons and the Markles over Mugabe. Just saying

by Anonymousreply 326June 22, 2019 3:16 PM

Because Lord knows that the BRF NEVER sits down to dinner with dictators as part of their day-to-day tasks.

by Anonymousreply 327June 22, 2019 3:17 PM

I know a lot of people thought that Chelsy was going to be Harry's Camilla but I wouldn't wish Harry on Chelsy at this point. She seems to have happily moved on and Harry is an ass. Chelsy is too good for Harry. Pretty much every woman Harry pursued was too good for him. I wouldn't even wish him on the Vegas whores.

That is why Harry wound up with Meghan. All of the suitable women ran the other way. They didn't need his title and the women in his crowd either had more money than he does or could marry more money than Harry has without all of the hassle and being stuck with the balding ginger half-wit.

by Anonymousreply 328June 22, 2019 3:18 PM

They were young and the timing was off, but Harry and Chelsy seemed well-matched and I was rooting for them. She isn't responsible for the crimes of her father (if he indeed committed any.)

Harry himself admitted he wasn't cut out for the exams and desk work that advancement in the military would have required.

by Anonymousreply 329June 22, 2019 3:18 PM

Labour MP Emma Dent Coad, who has called into question his military record. The politician made headlines this week when she alleged that Harry had failed his Army helicopter pilot exams, while speaking at a meeting called Reigning in the Monarchy. She was quoted as saying: "Harry can't actually fly a helicopter… He tried to pass the helicopter exam about four times and he couldn't get through it at all so he always goes for the co-pilot."

Ms Dent Coad has since defended her comments, telling the BBC that her remarks are "an absolute fact", but adding that she cannot prove it.

I remember this happening.

by Anonymousreply 330June 22, 2019 3:18 PM

Considering that it is known that he had help to finish Eaton, something that got a teacher there fired once it came out even though the person probably had no choice, it doesn't help his case regarding his test taking ability. The man is a lazy manchild that has never needed to rise to the occasion, ever.

by Anonymousreply 331June 22, 2019 3:22 PM

R325 you're assuming what I'd say. There are posters who dismiss sources they don't like and posters who don't do that.

To be fair, I think assessing sources is useful on a thread where people periodically post links to Skippy and Danja Zone.

by Anonymousreply 332June 22, 2019 3:23 PM

Does anyone know if the earl george percy is gay? Or who he is dating. Only heard of pippa being his ex gf...

It's curious how chelsy hasn't landed a titled aristo or even monied upper class man. Last I heard she was with some common producer, yank I think. And much older than her.

by Anonymousreply 333June 22, 2019 3:24 PM

I think William should wear glasses . It would break the long face be has now and the eyes would be diverted from the baldness . I saw him once in a pic with his glasses and he looked really good with them .

by Anonymousreply 334June 22, 2019 3:25 PM

If this whole thing with Harry turned out to be a subtle vengeance for his mother's death, with him believing they'd done it after all - I'd think all the better of him for his machinations if I'm being honest. This thing is going to be epic when it finally blows.

by Anonymousreply 335June 22, 2019 3:26 PM

R330 Thanks

MP Emma Dent Coad does have a lot to say about those royals. Harry goes vroom vroom, William's not bright and Phillip's a cheat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336June 22, 2019 3:27 PM

Emma's backtrack

[quote] On Monday night I made a joke. It has been taken the wrong way. Can we look at the real issues facing us now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 22, 2019 3:30 PM

'When in fact, they should be planning to get rid of her as quickly as possible. Perhaps the "internationally focussed" foundation is part of the plan.'

R291 That is absolutely part of the plan. The grey men at Buckingham Palace are giving Meghan more than enough rope to hang herself.

by Anonymousreply 338June 22, 2019 3:31 PM

Oh God, R313 is the Skippy troll. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 339June 22, 2019 3:32 PM

R327 They do sit with dictators, but I think it's unfair to say they're friends with them.

by Anonymousreply 340June 22, 2019 3:33 PM

Oh no, I've been blocked by R339. Whatever shall I do?

by Anonymousreply 341June 22, 2019 3:34 PM

Does anyone know if Cressida is still with her other Harry?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342June 22, 2019 3:35 PM

The Grey Men definitely learned a thing or two from the Diana debacle. Plans have no doubt been in place for months of how to contain Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 343June 22, 2019 3:36 PM

R322 - No. Kate's degree is in Art History.

R316 - In fairness, Charles has made the most of some of the opportunities his birth has given him: the Prince's Trust has done more than either younger Duke's charitable foundations ever will (not least because, as with everything surrounding Charles, it's very well funded), and he has been an innovative and conscientious steward of the Duchy of Cornwall, bringing in organic farming and setting up businesses selling the Duchy's products (jam and honey and the like) and sharing the revenues with the tenants, who think extremely highly of him. His work at Highgrove I believe I read was responsible for the return to the Gloucestershire area of some species of flora and fauna that had disappeared due to loss of habitat.

Is Charles still and entitled self-absorbed twat? Yes. But he's done far more as an Heir Apparent to a major European monarchy of any gender than any of his counterparts in Denmark, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, The Netherlands, or Belgium.

Frederik of Denmark and Felipe of Spain (who is now King) are and were notoriously lazy (the joke in Denmark is how much harder Frederik's wife works than he does), interested more in yachting and other sports than anything else. Haakon of Norway is a nonentity, ditto Crown Princess of Sweden (although she's very nice and much liked personally), and Willem and Maxima of The Netherlands, whilst busy and doing a very nice job preserving the monarchy there, haven't done nearly what Charles has.

All in all, more than anyone else in the BRF, Charles gets some credit for trying to make his disappointingly long career as Prince of Wales into something half-meaningful. And Anne would have gotten on well on character and a willingness to work outside the family.

But the rest, I agree - Andrew, Edward, William, and especially Harry, based on merit alone, would be nothing special outside the circumstances of their births, and Harry on merit alone absolutely would be driving that lorry and pulling slags at the local.

As it is, that's just what Harry has done: pulled a slag he could dress up as a Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 344June 22, 2019 3:37 PM

Without his title, William would be a Fulham-based estate agent.

by Anonymousreply 345June 22, 2019 3:39 PM

Maybe WIlliam would be happier as a Fulham based estate agent.

by Anonymousreply 346June 22, 2019 3:44 PM

The Queen chatting with Autumn Phillips today at Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347June 22, 2019 3:46 PM

R345 - LOL. But credit where due, William does seem to be growing into his role better than expected, whilst Harry seems to be nailing his "I can't do anything without being pushed along, only now it's the missus" flag to the mast.

He would have had so much more fun being married to Chelsy than to that driven harridan determined to put herself on the map and letting the world know she's using his family to do so. All the sturm und drang with the Cambridges would never have happened, Chelsy would have amused instead of appalled, they'd have skated along enjoying the perks and being grateful for them instead of acting as if they'd been victimised instead of placed near the top of an economic and social pyramid.

by Anonymousreply 348June 22, 2019 3:46 PM

The delusional sense of self-importance and vanity all wrapped up in a valley girl vibe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349June 22, 2019 3:50 PM

[quote]Maybe WIlliam would be happier as a Fulham based estate agent.

According to The Windsors, he would be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 22, 2019 3:50 PM

I don't understand why some people say William is always angry and sour.

I understand he can be moody, but people paint him as a 24/7 asshole.

He seems quite happy to me.

by Anonymousreply 351June 22, 2019 3:51 PM

The Queen with former President Bill Clinton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352June 22, 2019 3:51 PM

Yes, and married to Chelsy, Harry could have escaped to those glorious acres in Zimbabwe when he needed a break from all that ribbon-cutting.

by Anonymousreply 353June 22, 2019 3:52 PM

The woman whose hat is wearing her apparently got the color of the day memo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354June 22, 2019 3:53 PM

Chelsy was also well liked in the family, so the fab four concept would probably still have continued and they'd probably have gotten that KP apartment instead of frogmore

by Anonymousreply 355June 22, 2019 3:53 PM

The Queen in the glorious sunshine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356June 22, 2019 3:53 PM

Next up is Wimbledon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357June 22, 2019 3:54 PM

The transformation of the Queen from baby to senior citizen. I love this post so much I'm reposting it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358June 22, 2019 3:56 PM

And if the BRF hadn't ponied up for a country cottage, Chelsy and Harry would have been more than capable of buying one (or her parents would have bought them one).

So, let's see: A grand apartment in KP, a lovely country cottage somewhere posh, a glorious retreat in Zimbabwe, and a wife who is liked by the family and not using it as a platform for global brand-building. Also, if the BRF ever went tits-up for any reason, Harry could have easily reinvented himself as a gentleman farmer in Africa.

Yep, Harry was an idiot not to marry Chelsy when she was still young and foolish enough to have him.

by Anonymousreply 359June 22, 2019 3:56 PM

Margaret and Earl Snowdon visiting Arizona in the 1960's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360June 22, 2019 3:57 PM

The Queen with her cousin, Princess Alexandra of Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361June 22, 2019 3:59 PM

I wonder what the Queen had to say after meeting Ava Gardner and Diana Dors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 22, 2019 3:59 PM

Which one of these is NOT like the other? LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363June 22, 2019 4:00 PM

R346 - Once, perhaps, but I think William is now solidly committed to his role and increasingly comfortable with it, and marriage and fatherhood and his own family life, I think, are somewhat responsible for that, and Kate has to be given credit for that, as well. Small wonder the Queen likes Kate so much: she can see that Kate's goal is to see that William and by extension the monarchy itself, survives and thrives. Those who talk about how little work Kate does and how boring she is are missing the point: her real job was William and the future of the monarchy, and Kate has done superbly at that. The Queen is too shrewd not to appreciate it; she's also too shrewd not to see the difference between Kate's quiet strenghts in service to the monarchy and Meghan Markle's self-serving loud trendy bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 364June 22, 2019 4:00 PM

Chelsy would have been marrying down if she had married Harry. She would have made an excellent Fergie 2.0: forever unfavourably compared to Kate.

Chelsy was a party girl in her 20s. Perhaps she's naturally grown out of it now but I think she's free spirited at heart. She hated the media but I also think she bristled against the formality of the BRF as well.

by Anonymousreply 365June 22, 2019 4:01 PM

I had a strange feeling that this woman was a basketball player BEFORE reading the caption. Gee, I wonder why? LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 22, 2019 4:02 PM

R359 - Spot on.

by Anonymousreply 367June 22, 2019 4:07 PM

I used to work for the US federal government where most employees stay for 25-30 years. It's another world, where five years is not considered to be a long time and where people will quietly spend years getting together the paper trail necessary for getting someone else fired. It takes years to set up but when the moment comes the firing happens in one fell swoop. After watching it happen several times where the person losing their federal government job got blindsided, I can recognize this sort of long game even from a distance.

Harry and Meghan are being set up like bowling pins.

by Anonymousreply 368June 22, 2019 4:09 PM

R357 - Lawd, William stilll had hair and Kate's look springtime gorgeous in that photo. You see them together there and you realise why it worked.

by Anonymousreply 369June 22, 2019 4:10 PM

I'm behind two hundred posts and trying to catch up. Has anyone mentioned that here in the US, NBC is currently broadcasting the final day of Ascot? I assume it's on a tape delay.

by Anonymousreply 370June 22, 2019 4:12 PM

No, not until you mentioned it, R370 !

by Anonymousreply 371June 22, 2019 4:14 PM

Yes, she may be fun and an easy target for our fashion darts but this photo demonstrates one of reasons why Fergie is NOT suitable for a royal life. She has NO filter on her behavior. She acts first, thinks after and regrets later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372June 22, 2019 4:16 PM

Just turned it on!

by Anonymousreply 373June 22, 2019 4:18 PM

R371 Hahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 374June 22, 2019 4:25 PM

Re Prince Harry's past dating choices, Does anyone think he could have successfully wifed up Cressida Bonas, the Burberry model, or any of the others IF he'd been made by QE II to be more responsible and less of a party boy? Surprising no one in the BRF pushed him into an arranged marriage contract with an appropriate partner who agreed to follow the rules & expectations for a cushy lifestyle. In other words a Kate 2.0 but perhaps a non-Anglo. Can't believe none of the daughters of African diplomats wouldn't have jumped at the chance.

by Anonymousreply 375June 22, 2019 4:31 PM

Actually, Wills does wear glasses, but the public thinks they are uncool and make him look like a tax accountant.

by Anonymousreply 376June 22, 2019 4:35 PM

R368 - I'll take your word for how things worked in the US federal government, and ideally your perceptions would be correct here. But what Harry and Meghan are being set up for in the environment of the BRFis the question. Absent a major scandal, which so far Meghan has successfully eluded, an outright sacking isn't possible. An outright sacking in this enviroment means kicking the two out of the BRF and the line of succession and the BRF will resist that to the bitter end.

So the best the BRF can do is a slow process of marginalisation and continuing their coded responses (who gets the big London base and the grand country home, who gets to wear the historic jewellery, family orders and gets the DGCRVO, whose children get Letters Patent making them HRHs, etc.), and hoping that the Sussexes eventually realise it's hopeless, and they either accept their marginalisation and go on taking the perks, or leave for greener fields.

I think it could go either way. And let us face it, within a few years Meghan is going to be middle-aged with two kids. She may very well realise that her best bet is to stick with Harry and the BRF and accept that they will always dislike her, much as they dislike Pss. Michael of Kent, but she'll have her title, her perks, her designer clothes, stay out of the way except at studied moments like Ascot and Remembrance Day and Wimbledon and the TTC, and eventually accept her increasing irrelevance as William and Kate ascend in prominence, titles, and wealth.

As long as they're inside the BRF they have access to funding by the Sovereign Grant, Grant in Aid, free housing for life, Charles's beneficence.

So the difference is, as I asked, what are you envisioning? What are they being set up for? Marginalisation or an outright sacking?

by Anonymousreply 377June 22, 2019 4:35 PM

R375, Harry was never going to marry a Kate. They seem to have a good relationship as in-laws, but he would never have married someone like her. He was always going to marry someone less conventional.

by Anonymousreply 378June 22, 2019 4:44 PM

R372 - You're right. Fergie's problem has always been low to no inhibition controls. It's what made her at one and the same time exasperating and lovable. The Queen and Anne and the rest of the family really quite liked her personally - it was only when her antics began damaging the family that they turned against her. I would guess they were personally far fonder of her than they were of Diana, who was making Charles miserable by the time the honeymoon was over. Fergie was fun. Diana was a pain in the arse.

by Anonymousreply 379June 22, 2019 4:47 PM

R377, Increasing marginalization followed by some screw-up related to their foundation that will result in them being sacked financially - no more gravy train lifestyle for Harry and Meghan. If Charles is still around at that point he will fund them out of pocket. I don't think that they will ever eject Harry from the line of succession, that would be too much of a scandal. I do think that at some point there will be a big problem with the international focus of their foundation and that they will be cut out from the 'official duties' part of being a Windsor. They will start having to pay rent on Frogmore Cottage or move someplace else.

Interesting comparison with Princess Michael of Kent - she stuck around despite the family's cool disdain and despite having to start paying rent on their apartment in Kensington Palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380June 22, 2019 4:57 PM

Prince William got his jowls from his maternal grandfather's Spencer genes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381June 22, 2019 4:59 PM

r372- Oh my god, is that a joke? Fergie is AMAZING for this reason alone. Lovable, messy and quite human.

And oy! to the Hazza defenders upthread- William's "major" is not Art History. It's Geography. And while he is no scholar, his professors are on record in several biographies ,,including Morton's..saying he was no dunce. He did fine academically and if he hadn't , his professors would've had no problem calling him out. They certainly didn't spare Charles or Edward.

by Anonymousreply 382June 22, 2019 5:11 PM

What is he going to use.? His pubes

by Anonymousreply 383June 22, 2019 5:13 PM

Peter Philips is cute!

by Anonymousreply 384June 22, 2019 5:16 PM

I wonder if Harry has a learning disability.

by Anonymousreply 385June 22, 2019 5:17 PM

R380 - That's the conundrum, really: how can they remain part of the BRF and be cut off from the SG? The BRF can't sack them financially as they did the Kents, who were never on the payroll, anyway, although they did get some perks. Pss. Michael and her husband aren't working royals - his elder brother, the Duke, and his wife, the Duchess, and Pss. Alexandra are, but Prince and Pss. Michael aren't. The Kent's rent was being carried by the Queen out of the Grants-in-Aid fund, which is specifically directed at occupied royal palaces. Harry, however, whilst still far down the line, is still the next King's son and the next one after that's brother. It will be much harder to split the difference between marginalisation and sacking after years on the SG payroll.

All that said, I think the increasing focus on America, particularly, does suggest the possibility of some early discussions in which it was made plain to Harry and Meghan that the BRF would support them for a few years whilst they established their "brand" if they'd voluntarily exit the family to pursue their "work" after the birth of a second child. I wouldn't bet on it, but I think it's a possibility.

Maternity leave or no maternity leave, Meghan not showing up at Ascot, a traditional family event, is noteworthy. She really had to attend the TTC as it would have been openly disrespectful to the Queen not to, and the event ended questionably for her. She'll show up at Wimbledon as that's not so lined up to the family, even though they show up and award prizes, and Kate is Patron of the All England Tennis Club. So perhaps the two will grit their teeth and put on a show of family togetherness again and show up together.

Or not. If Meghan shows up at Wimbledon on a day when Kate doesn't, I'd say the family split and the two families' dislike of each other, will be even more prominently displayed.

by Anonymousreply 386June 22, 2019 5:21 PM

R385 - He's dyslexic.

Perhaps that's how he ended up with Meghan: he misread the handwriting on the wall.

by Anonymousreply 387June 22, 2019 5:23 PM

I have wondered the same, R385.

by Anonymousreply 388June 22, 2019 5:27 PM

I think the "Exile to Africa" stories were legit. It was a way to get rid of them while allowing it to be framed as using their popularity to help the Commonwealth. A tour has been announced for later this year and that supposedly is a precursor to finding them some sort of permanent role where they spend a good part of their time in Africa. I think Harry would appreciate that life, for a while anyway, but that's not what Meghan signed up for and they know it. So it solves two problems: gets them out of their hair and accelerates the divorce timetable.

by Anonymousreply 389June 22, 2019 5:28 PM

Do we think that she will pull a sudden second pregnancy to scupper the Africa plans? Would that be physically possible?

by Anonymousreply 390June 22, 2019 5:44 PM

The older you get the harder it is to pull off the irish twins phenom. If she does do it, it'll most likely have to be ivf style

by Anonymousreply 391June 22, 2019 5:47 PM

Megs should be taken off the payroll and not given a clothing budget. Harry is at fault for saying she was ready to hit the ground running. Without being a citizen and a trusted member of the BRF for 5 years she she not have been employed. An unknown American girlfriend of the flighty prince should never have been given the responsibility or the National Theatre Company and the clothing for the poor charity!

Consequential repercussions after 1 year probation period:

She should accompany Anne and Sophie for a 3 year probationary period.

She should be given recycled clothes and an alterations specialist.

Harry's subsidy should be halved as it is, and eliminated if he acts up scowling and disparaging all but his ME generation.

by Anonymousreply 392June 22, 2019 5:49 PM

Actually, many women have increased fertility right after birth and twins are more common in older women, so, who knows?

I still think her primary relationships are with Jess (body language was quite intimate) and Markus (seemed to be a bit of a handler). Who remembers the name of the gay guy who third wheeled with MeMe and MA? They had some sort of public falling out around the time of the engagement? Cannot remember if he was tied to SH too? Surely someone remembers the guy and the backstory? I was not following then but it was written about.

by Anonymousreply 393June 22, 2019 5:51 PM

I think Archie was possibly through IVF, I honestly don't know how long it is before you could repeat the process, if that were to be so. It;s only what I think, of course.

by Anonymousreply 394June 22, 2019 5:54 PM

Harry was made a major of the British Army last year. From his Wikipedia:

Harry has been closely involved with the armed forces through the Invictus Games, honorary military appointments and other official engagements. On 19 December 2017 he succeeded his grandfather Prince Philip as the Captain General of the Royal Marines.[88]

In May 2018, he was promoted to the substantive ranks of Lieutenant Commander of the Royal Navy, Major of the British Army and Squadron Leader of the Royal Air Force.[89]

by Anonymousreply 395June 22, 2019 5:56 PM

R395 Granny made him a Major.

by Anonymousreply 396June 22, 2019 5:57 PM

Archie's very likely no ivf kid. After they got married, Mrs Common and Mr Wealth were simply VERY busy shagging their brains out.

by Anonymousreply 397June 22, 2019 6:01 PM

R395 - all those honorary (and undeserved) titles and still no horse ride at the Trooping. Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 398June 22, 2019 6:02 PM

I was suspecting IVF as well, but I always thought that if they went that route they would definitely have a daughter. "Princesses" (even if not technically...) get so much more attention and would be better for merching.

It's very possible that they only viable embryos were male, which would mean to get a girl they'd either have to take their chances with nature or go back to the drawing board to harvest more eggs. From what I understand that's not a fun process.

by Anonymousreply 399June 22, 2019 6:03 PM

The queen made him one after he dropped out to avoid taking the test.

by Anonymousreply 400June 22, 2019 6:03 PM

But why no baby with her first marriage? Or did he land her the Suits job too quickly?

by Anonymousreply 401June 22, 2019 6:04 PM

R401, you're talking about a woman who contractually obligated her husband to pay for any procedure necessary to get her pre-baby body back

by Anonymousreply 402June 22, 2019 6:09 PM

Megaton never indulged in ivf. She would've look VERY different at the wedding if she had been on ivf hormon treatment by then.

In fact, she would've looked a bit like she does now ...

by Anonymousreply 403June 22, 2019 6:11 PM

*back then, not by then

by Anonymousreply 404June 22, 2019 6:13 PM

The Middletons did the carriage ride at Ascot today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405June 22, 2019 6:13 PM

I'm going to double check everything I read here from now on. These threads are building their own alternative universe.

'Harry has two A levels. In June 2003, Harry completed his education at Eton with two A-Levels, achieving a grade B in art and D in geography, having decided to drop history of art after AS level. '

by Anonymousreply 406June 22, 2019 6:15 PM

Carole looks good.

by Anonymousreply 407June 22, 2019 6:15 PM

They sat in the Royal Box and chatted amiably with Philip, who was making a rare public appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408June 22, 2019 6:16 PM

Was Fergie at Ascot this year? Sometimes she shows up and stands and waves to the family from OUTSIDE the royal enclosure.

by Anonymousreply 409June 22, 2019 6:19 PM

R409 she was there with Andy.

With Andy wearing a rose the colour of her dress, to be precise.

<3

by Anonymousreply 410June 22, 2019 6:20 PM

R405, R408 Those are pics from a few years back. Not today

by Anonymousreply 411June 22, 2019 6:20 PM

R408 those pictures are from 2012. I don't think the Middletons have been since 2017

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412June 22, 2019 6:21 PM

Ah, my apologies. i found them on twitter with a caption they were from today.

by Anonymousreply 413June 22, 2019 6:23 PM

And now for a light intermission.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 22, 2019 6:23 PM

Literally the first result in google, it's no secret that Harry is a fucking dumbass helped along for too long. How fucking useless do you have to be to need help to pass art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 22, 2019 6:28 PM

Any shrinks in the house? Because I think Meg is seriously loco. Like sociopathic. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

by Anonymousreply 416June 22, 2019 6:30 PM

Ha, reminds me of the Reddit article about the father and the sociopath daughter, and DM printed a piece on it far too quickly...which made me think, did the plant that for a story? What are they hinting at?

Woah, the comments, lmao.

by Anonymousreply 417June 22, 2019 6:34 PM

they plant, not the plant.

by Anonymousreply 418June 22, 2019 6:34 PM

If the French Ambassador was commenting publicly on the frequent noisy parties and fireworks while the Sussex duo were living at Nottingham Cottage, it goes without saying that their relatives living even closer at KP would have been disturbed by the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419June 22, 2019 6:34 PM

Where did the French Ambassoder live, in regards to that picture? Great picture, btw.

by Anonymousreply 420June 22, 2019 6:37 PM

OH LOL, spelt it as I was saying it in Franglais, not as thick as Harry.

by Anonymousreply 421June 22, 2019 6:39 PM

R419 He would also have said they should call the baby Chantelle.

Really, you think the french Ambassador would tell this kind of shit? Chantelle? It's not even French.

by Anonymousreply 422June 22, 2019 6:41 PM

R422 - Chantal is the correct French spelling of the name.

by Anonymousreply 423June 22, 2019 6:43 PM

^ It's correctly pronounced "shahn-TAHL".

by Anonymousreply 424June 22, 2019 6:44 PM

R423 Merci, Jean-Pierre.

Chantal is good for a 55 years old woman, not a 2019's baby.

by Anonymousreply 425June 22, 2019 6:45 PM

If the French ambassador didn’t say all those very specific things, you’d think he’d object to being quoted so extensively. And it was backhanded compliments, so.

by Anonymousreply 426June 22, 2019 6:47 PM

Diana Raquelle

The name of Mrs Common and Mr Wealth's future Instagram Sohobébé daughter.

Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 427June 22, 2019 6:48 PM

The French Ambassador story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428June 22, 2019 6:50 PM

R426 Yes, I'm sure he gives a fuck.

It's not like he's in the middle of the Brexit and has nothing better to do.

by Anonymousreply 429June 22, 2019 6:51 PM

R420

The French Embassy is one of the huge mansions on the street named "Kensington Palace Gardens" which, according to articles has also become known as "Billionaire Row" as it also houses some hugely, hugely wealthy people.

Also the Nepal Embassy and the Israeli Embassy.

The following article from 2014 is interesting.

I'll bet this bunch loved the noisy parties and fireworks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 22, 2019 6:51 PM

She’s going to hang in there, by tooth and nail, until she gets her second baby. Even though people here think she’s old, once the body has carried a successful pregnancy to term, it’s easier to conceive (and give birth) again.

Of course, she’ll have to have another Caesarian, unless doctors are more liberal in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 431June 22, 2019 6:52 PM

R429, he had enough to time to speak about his royal neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 432June 22, 2019 6:54 PM

The MM fans on Twitter have started to attack the actress/comedienne who voices MM in that BBC spoof tomorrow night.

by Anonymousreply 433June 22, 2019 6:54 PM

A more recent and complete list of owners of homes on the street called Kensington Palace Gardens...

Includes the Sultan of Brunei, The Russian Embassy, The Russian Ambassador's residence, and so on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434June 22, 2019 6:55 PM

R425 - Chantal is indeed considered "dated" in 2019. However, a few religious parents may choose it to honor the Catholic saint, Jeanne de Chantal. French parents are now calling their children names names like Océane, Léa and Lilou now. Mon Dieu!

by Anonymousreply 435June 22, 2019 6:56 PM

R432 Only if you believe stories published in the Sun.

R433 So they attack a black woman for being racist now?

R435 Jeanne de Chantal? Ok.... Whatever. My french ass never heard about her.

by Anonymousreply 436June 22, 2019 6:58 PM

Fergie stood within the royal enclosure? Weird how she’s inching her way back. She’s got pluck, I’ll give her that.

by Anonymousreply 437June 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Two DL myths destroyed in one thread.

Harry IS a major.

Kate didn't help Wills because they studied different degrees.

Harry took exams throughout his ten years in the military, and passed them all. He is now qualified to fly an Apache helicopter.

by Anonymousreply 438June 22, 2019 7:03 PM

Nice begging the question there, R438. Nobody SAID Kate helped Wills, someone ASKED if Kate helped Wills. The other two haven't been debunked at all.

by Anonymousreply 439June 22, 2019 7:06 PM

R438 Yes and Andrew is Vice Admiral, your point?

by Anonymousreply 440June 22, 2019 7:07 PM

Put R438 on ignore and all the lunacy will disappear in an instance.

I did.

Now the thread is really enjoyable again.

by Anonymousreply 441June 22, 2019 7:08 PM

An honorary major is not the same thing as one who earned the rank through hard work and passing difficult tests. As usual, Harry got what he wanted with no work or commitment on his part. No wonder he's melting down under a failing marriage. Granny can't wave a magic wand and make his wife any less of a narcissist, or Harry any less of a lazy fuckwit.

by Anonymousreply 442June 22, 2019 7:09 PM

[quote] [R433] So they attack a black woman for being racist now?

People from any race can make racists statements.

by Anonymousreply 443June 22, 2019 7:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444June 22, 2019 7:13 PM

Harry struggles with Maths, and Wills did the cooking when the lived together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445June 22, 2019 7:15 PM

R443 The woman already explained herself and no she's not racist.

Megbots are lunatics. If you don't kiss her ass, you hate her and if you hate her, you're racist.

Anything beyond utter admiration and devotion is seen as racism.

by Anonymousreply 446June 22, 2019 7:17 PM

R446 I wasn't referring to the woman's situation or the twitter foolishness. I'll take your word for it that she's being unfairly maligned.

I'm just respond the idea that it's silly to call a black person a racist.

by Anonymousreply 447June 22, 2019 7:24 PM

Any slight off-humour involving someone non-white is evil and racist in the modern world.

by Anonymousreply 448June 22, 2019 7:26 PM

Harry had no problems with PlayStation and Xbox gaming:

[quote] You can ask the guys: I thrash them at FIFA the whole time," said Prince Harry. "Exams were always a nightmare, but anything like kicking a ball around or playing PlayStation—or flying—I do generally find a little bit easier than walking, sometimes. It's a joy for me because I'm one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449June 22, 2019 7:27 PM

Harry was literally babysat by actual professionals his entire time in, he played video games and did the occasional photo-op.

by Anonymousreply 450June 22, 2019 7:28 PM

Thank God Harry, an avid Playstation and Xbox player, warned us about the dangers of playing Fortnite!

by Anonymousreply 451June 22, 2019 7:35 PM

Harry isn't sharpest tool in the shed, but he did eventually pass his pilot's exams.

[quote] In December 2008, Prince Harry passed his Army Air Corps "Grading" and Pilot’s Selection Board interview to begin training to become an Army Air Corps Pilot in January 2009.

[quote] During his time in the Army Air Corps he was assigned to 662 Squadron, 3 Regiment within 16 Air Assault Brigade.

[quote] Harry later qualified as an Apache helicopter commander in 2013 after three years of training.

It took him longer than others but he eventually did it. He is a shining example for those who end their careers as middle managers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452June 22, 2019 7:36 PM

He got off to a rough start in the military. The shade in this article!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453June 22, 2019 7:38 PM

Its getting dirty , the actress /comedienne has been told...

“selling your birthright for coco yam “

"Self hatred is a horrible thing. I hope you are sued #LegallyActionable"

"If I were YOU, I WOULD DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO STOP THAT RACIST STEREOTYPICAL POOR EXCUSE FOR COMEDY spoof from airing on the @bbc because once it airs, there will be no turning back for you. You have allowed yourself to be used by racists and should be ashamed."

"NO! she wanted to take advantage of what has become the norm. Making money off of Meghan’s popularity! She needs to own her shit!"

"What Meghan has achieved has been through discipline and diligence. Not legacy. So amount of childish name calling or derogatory articles will take that from her!"

by Anonymousreply 454June 22, 2019 7:51 PM

Poor girl should have check twitter before playing Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 455June 22, 2019 7:53 PM

Yeah check the crazy bitches out., first.

by Anonymousreply 456June 22, 2019 7:56 PM

Checking Twitter wouldn't have changed a thing.

by Anonymousreply 457June 22, 2019 8:03 PM

Haha, all the RUDE Meghan Markle stories today in the tabloids, referring to William's birthday greeting.

First it was NASTY. Now RUDE. What next?

ANGRY? HUNGRY? CONSTIPATED?

Love the UK tabs, for their headlines, if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 458June 22, 2019 8:05 PM

Please swipe/look at photo number two and explain to me why that much younger lady next to/a smidge behind the Queen ( wearing a yellowish hat, greenish dress and patterned jacket) has cankles bigger than a 94 year old lady?

Splain please!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459June 22, 2019 8:09 PM

R458, it was nasty, rude, dumb, asinine and petty.

by Anonymousreply 460June 22, 2019 8:11 PM

[quote]Harry isn't sharpest tool in the shed, but he did eventually pass his pilot's exams.

a tool in shed? what shad? that does'nt make sense i am a humanbing? anyways i did passed my exam hear is photo of me in that day i take the test ok. prove of me right hear ok so now what? no photto shop

btw babby geting real long and big

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461June 22, 2019 8:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462June 22, 2019 8:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463June 22, 2019 8:27 PM

Oh ffs don't, R462, my mother has me up the wall looking for cover-up makeup for her legs for a holiday. I told her to embrace her natural self.

Just don't tag m in your FB holiday posts.

by Anonymousreply 464June 22, 2019 8:28 PM

me ....

by Anonymousreply 465June 22, 2019 8:28 PM

She'll be alright with a tan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466June 22, 2019 8:32 PM

Palazzo pants are bad look.

by Anonymousreply 467June 22, 2019 8:36 PM

R464 The makeup is for my whole body.

by Anonymousreply 468June 22, 2019 8:42 PM

Slightly off topic, but anyway, he could be the next prime minister of the UK...

Police called to home of Boris Johnson and partner Carrie Symonds after reports of loud altercation

Miss Symonds was reportedly heard telling Mr Johnson to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469June 22, 2019 8:51 PM

I love Sarah, Duchess of York. She's my favorite of the entire royal bunch. Glad to see her at Ascot. She looked good, but the dress was perhaps too yellow. I would love to see Fergie in something like the coat dress that Carole Middleton wore today, which was so refined and attractive.

by Anonymousreply 470June 22, 2019 8:55 PM

Autumn Phillips' palazzo pants were awful, not a bad color, but bad outfit nonetheless. On the hand, the palazzo pants worn by Sophie, Countess of Wessex were dreadful. The style was bad; the color made them dreadful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471June 22, 2019 8:59 PM

Refined and elegant are not words that are ever associated with Fergie. Carol Middleton always looks lovely.

by Anonymousreply 472June 22, 2019 9:01 PM

R472. Be nice. When Sarah and Andrew remarry, you'll be seeing her a whole lot more often.

by Anonymousreply 473June 22, 2019 9:04 PM

Carole Middleton wasn't there today, the pictures circulatng on Twitter are from 2012. She looked fab, but it wasn't today/yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 474June 22, 2019 9:08 PM

R469 The neighbour felt frightened so he recorded the conversation/argument, and phoned The Guardian.

by Anonymousreply 475June 22, 2019 9:08 PM

Re-marry her? Doubtful.

They're friends, they don't fuck. He keeps her in his houses so that she doesn't run off and do stupid, embarrassing things to make money. She's his problem, he deals with her and her bills.

When Phil dies she'll be welcome at family events again for Eug and Bea's sake.

by Anonymousreply 476June 22, 2019 9:10 PM

The Queen meeting Meryl Streep. I think I spy actress Liv Ullmann in the background.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477June 22, 2019 9:11 PM

Autumn's evil eye is going strong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478June 22, 2019 9:12 PM

Swipe for photos of Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara. Kate wears it now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479June 22, 2019 9:14 PM

"...and the BRF making the same mistke they did in indulging the strong-willed but weak-minded new bride, fingers crossed behind their backs. " Spot the fuck on, R291

Especially "strong-willed but weak-minded." You've actually nailed a facet of the Megstand crowd, as well. I.e. I think they're making the same mistake and I think it's a mistake a lot of young women and the culture itself routinely makes. This conflation of a loud voice and a confident manner with substance and meaning is not a good look on anyone, be they committing the crime themselves or just fawning over those who do. Meghan Markle has a lot of words, but I have yet to hear (or read) her say literally anything if import.

Another excellent point at R264 -

"Those who talk about how little work Kate does and how boring she is are missing the point: her real job was William and the future of the monarchy, and Kate has done superbly at that."

It's extra interesting looking at this through a feminist lens (let us not forget that MM fans are very much the crowd liable to loudly self-ID as feminists, as ridiculously meaningless as the Celebitchy crowd, for example, proves that to be) with the recent attention on "emotional labour." Kate certainly never put on a power suit and led any business meetings, she's never worked at a traditional job etc. But does emotional labour count or not? Feminists (and I'd count myself as one, depending on the definition) say it does - in fact they get quite insistent. But Kate Middleton is lazy and has never done any work? Does anyone think William is an easy man to deal with? I'm not down with the image of him as a grumpy pain in the ass with everyone 24/7 but he's the future king and he was brought up aware of it. I'd also guess he's fairly high maintenance in an emotional sense, like his dad. I bet Kate has spent countless hours soothing and finessing. That's not nothing, and her making it look like nothing is part of the work.

Also just wanted to say to the "alpha male" commenter above, and his/her heebie jeebies over its association with the alt-right fucks, that I am one who has used the term here. It predates the alt-right (unlike "cuck" for example), and I'd like to think most posters here recognize it for the casual/cheeky term it is. Who knows, maybe there are MAGAs in our midst, but I for one loathe anything alt-right/dork enlightenment etc. and my using the term is in no way a sly statement of support for any political fuckery.

And on that note, fuck Boris Johnson as well.

by Anonymousreply 480June 22, 2019 9:15 PM

Another successful Ascot for the Queen: (1) she attended every day without keeling over and (2) she went away with more than 20,000 pounds of winnings. I hope the money goes to charity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481June 22, 2019 9:16 PM

It's sad to think that every single event could be the queen's last one now, unlikely considering her lifestyle and her genetics, but still getting to that point.

by Anonymousreply 482June 22, 2019 9:18 PM

A lovely photo of the Queen and Philip with their "first family" (Charles and Anne).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483June 22, 2019 9:19 PM

My brother (favourite child, always has been) has recently fully taken on the role of 'bodyguard' to our aging mother, and it's funny seeing exactly the same body language with Andy and HM. That officious "you want to talk to my mom YOU GOTTA GO THROUGH ME FIRST, BITCH" stance is exactly the same. lol

by Anonymousreply 484June 22, 2019 9:20 PM

Another tragedy: after going through hell losing their mother in the public eye and looking out for each other, her two boys seem to be estranged. Their relationship with their father doesn't seem as close either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485June 22, 2019 9:21 PM

Five Ascot days, five different outfits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486June 22, 2019 9:22 PM

For me, a coronation always seems more suited for a female than a male (the gown/the jewels/the robe). Here are photos of the outfits of King George and Queen Mary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487June 22, 2019 9:24 PM

Little Elizabeth and Margaret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488June 22, 2019 9:25 PM

There's a time and a place for everything and Autumn should know better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489June 22, 2019 9:26 PM

Autumn is wearing something like my mum's old sewing patterns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490June 22, 2019 9:45 PM

I don't know much about Autumn Phillips, other than she's married to the Queen's favorite grandchild.

Does she come from a good family?

by Anonymousreply 491June 22, 2019 9:51 PM

William and Harry should take a page out of a previous generation's book. From the time she was a child, Margaret was shown the difference between herself and her sister, the future queen. Later on, Elizabeth basically forbade Margaret to marry the man she loved.. Later still, Margaret was embroiled in more than one embarrassing scandal, which reflected quite poorly on the BRF. But the two sisters were never truly estranged. If they can get over all that, Harry can get over the butthurt of not being the future King, and William can get over Harry's annoying wife.

by Anonymousreply 492June 22, 2019 9:53 PM

"I'd also guess he's fairly high maintenance in an emotional sense, like his dad. I bet Kate has spent countless hours soothing and finessing. That's not nothing, and her making it look like nothing is part of the work."

Very observant. It reminds me of the taped conversation between Charles and Camilla when he thanks her for loving him so much and she exclaims, "Oh, darling. Easier than falling off a chair."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493June 22, 2019 9:54 PM

Tina Brown speculated in her Diana biography that Camilla's constant soothing and fussing over Charles is what really won her his affections. In the end, he cared about that far more than sheer physical beauty, where Diana trumped Camilla by a country mile. It also helps that Camilla bears a passing resemblance to Charles' beloved childhood nanny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494June 22, 2019 9:57 PM

A side-by-side comparison of Camilla and Mabel Anderson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495June 22, 2019 9:59 PM

Kate and Tiggy Legge-Bourke, one of William and Harry's childhood nannies. Not a dead ringer for Kate, but a tall, brunette, jolly outdoorsy type like she is. Couldn't have hurt her Kate's chances with William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496June 22, 2019 10:00 PM

R489. That was the time and place. Autumn Phillips cannot take a an Ascot photo with the girls if she's not at Ascot. It wasn't a royal pose, but she's way down the line, and ultimately harmless. The dreadful jump suit was more of a tragedy than the sorority sister gang photo.

by Anonymousreply 497June 22, 2019 10:08 PM

Harry subconsciously chose to marry a woman with concerning traits reminiscent of his mother. Diana likely had borderline personality disorder, and she typically relied on loved ones to provide her with a stable sense of self. These unrelenting demands on loved ones also translate into them being blamed/ ghosted/ attacked when their devotion is felt to be subpar. It's difficult enough for adults trying to help loved one with BPD, but for children it's even harder. Maybe Diana's tragic and premature death inadvertently spared William and Harry a more lasting, negative impact. Perhaps they remember Diana through rosier lenses and are able to heal by focusing on her positive traits while disregarding the negative ones. Sometimes children of mothers with BPD grow up to be perceptive yet mistrustful to other people and their intentions, they may even test loved ones' motives before fully trusting them. It's partly due to the mothers' disturbed self-image that get passed down to their children's own development of trust. Most adult children eventually grow out of this and are able to obtain healthy balance of self-image. This may be William who seems more well-adjusted and in that sense than Harry. Harry seems like the sort who would benefit from a strong-willed partner, but not one with as much personal baggage as Meghan. William was right to mistrust her and question Harry's hastiness in marriage.

As for what was mentioned upthread about Meghan's looks, I think she's pretty in a generic L.A. way, there are lots of women who are pretty in that way in California where mixed marriages are the norm now it seems. I do think she benefits from all the work that goes into creating an image of camera-ready celebrity "look", e.g. she's not naturally beautiful. Pretty with some help, yes for sure. Though now her looks have drastically been affected by pregnancy the way that some older, first time moms unfortunately can change physically. I guess this is why one of my physician colleagues once said "I'm not going to have a baby pop out of my vagina when I'm closer to the wrong side of 40". She made it just in time, popped out her 2nd and last child at age 35 before declaring herself two and done.

by Anonymousreply 498June 22, 2019 10:09 PM

Having a baby near 40 can really shred your looks. Meghan at TTC 2018 and 2019 are worlds apart, physically.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499June 22, 2019 10:14 PM

R489 is the Protocol Officer for Royals Appearing in Photographs. Positions 1-55 in the Line of Succession. Royal spouses also fall within her purview.

by Anonymousreply 500June 22, 2019 10:14 PM

What if we're all wrong. What if Markle and Harry are getting along fine, the family thinks she's fine and other than a few innocent bumps along the road due to being new, no one is alarmed by the marriage and Harry's place in it, least of all, Harry?

by Anonymousreply 501June 22, 2019 10:22 PM

WELL THAT SHIT'S NOT FUN TO GOSSIP ABOUT IS IT?

by Anonymousreply 502June 22, 2019 10:23 PM

MM is wearing a wig in R499 's 2018 picture

by Anonymousreply 503June 22, 2019 10:25 PM

That video of Markle where she is wearing red and purple. Wow. How many times did she strategically open her coat to make sure her belly showed? Was she scared we would forget she's pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 504June 22, 2019 10:29 PM

There's a whole video compilation somewhere of her angling herself so that the camera sees her bump. You'd think she was carrying a direct heir rather than someone so far down the line.

by Anonymousreply 505June 22, 2019 10:34 PM

R501 Are you being serious, or are you trying stir up these bitches?

Cue cries of "Hazbean" "death to unintelligent Megastans/sugars/megatroys" "Harry is a halfwit/dimwit" "Meghan is a narc" "Meghan is the cuntiest cunt to ever cunt" "the BRF have marginalized the Harkles" "All of the BRF hate the narc" "exile to Frogmore" "exile to Africa" analysis of the investiture video, scarfgate.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that Harry is unhappy and seeking a way out of his marriage to a social-climbing narcissistic quasi porn star currently defrauding the royal family through a complicated series of financial crimes . His family hates the quasi porn star and after a suitable period of suffering, they will help to free Harry from the mess he has made of his life.

by Anonymousreply 506June 22, 2019 10:35 PM

to stir^^^

by Anonymousreply 507June 22, 2019 10:36 PM

It would be a true cosmic joke if Meghan and Harry have another baby, and it's another boy. The Windsors do run to boys, and that would leave Charlotte as Princess Diana's only granddaughter.

by Anonymousreply 508June 22, 2019 10:37 PM

While Elizabeth and Margaret were a two-daughter family, it's true that the other recent Windsor first families have been mostly boys: George V and Mary had 1 daughter and 5 sons; Philip and Elizabeth had 1 daughter and 3 sons, Charles and Diana had 2 sons, and Kate and William have 1 daughter and 2 sons. This pattern doesn't hold true for the families of younger siblings, but the families of the heirs do run to boys.

by Anonymousreply 509June 22, 2019 10:40 PM

Autumn Phillips is not just Canadian but French-Canadian, non? Didn't they meet at the Montreal Grand Prix, where she was one of the professional hotties? (speaking of losing your looks...mean but true) I went to uni in Montreal and the French Canadians are generally a jovial and more outgoing bunch than their chillier anglo country(wo)men (unless you bring up the topic of language). Autumn posing for the selfie may or may not be appropriate (I tend to think it's harmless fun, as another poster said she's way down the line) but it's probably entirely genuine.

R485 That photo makes me sad. Honestly, I think those boys were fucked from the start. Rich, poor, royal, not-royal - family psychological health is a great equalizer and wealth and status could no more shield William and Harry from the trauma of their parent's marriage than it could the inevitable loss of their childhood closeness. I rarely see siblings from messed up families who aren't deep into all sorts of estrangements and alienations and in/out groups. My own two brothers, who fought with each other our entire childhoods for the favour of my troubled mother, have had no relationship since we all left the family home. As the Official Family Fuck-Up since birth, one of the few upsides for me has been being seen as no threat at all by either of them, and therefore having mostly been left out of their insane hostilities towards each other.

R493 "It reminds me of the taped conversation between Charles and Camilla when he thanks her for loving him so much and she exclaims, "Oh, darling. Easier than falling off a chair.""

Oh lord, that's telling. That's...hoooo boy, yep, revealing as all hell. I will never understand how men don't see so many of the ways in which we 'handle' them.

Once again I think marriage might have been the making of William (he, like his father, needs tending, and he married a tend-er) and may yet prove the undoing of Harry (who also needs tending, and appears to have married another needs-tending type rather than a tend-er). Camilla does resemble Charles' childhood nanny, too. And, somewhat more ominously, I believe Meghan may resemble Diana in lack of sense of self (hence the need for adoring crowds) and unhealthy love of attention.

R501 - Hey, maybe we are wrong. Maybe we're not. No one here yet knows. In the meantime, let's gossip it up!

by Anonymousreply 510June 22, 2019 10:41 PM

Most healthy relationships contain either a gardener and a rose, or, perhaps, two gardeners. Two roses never make it.

Like Diana, Meghan probably came across as a gardener during her courtship with Harry, but as soon as the engagement was announced, revealed herself to be the neediest of roses.

by Anonymousreply 511June 22, 2019 10:44 PM

I never really liked her but I didn't truly dislike her until she showed up for Eug's wedding in the preggo coat when she was barely pregnant and not showing at all. Fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 512June 22, 2019 10:46 PM

The commentary is quite funny and astute. "The problem with monarchy is that it comes with a family". Charles is the first would-be monarch to grow up and grow old under the public's eyes. This has some nice footage of the royals as young children. Harry do really look like Diana's sisters and William's jowls come from the Spencer's side as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513June 22, 2019 10:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514June 22, 2019 10:46 PM

R512 is the Eugenie's Weddng Troll. She just can't let it go.

by Anonymousreply 515June 22, 2019 10:52 PM

R510 Autumn Phillips is definitely not French-Canadian. She was born in Quebec but for Canadian purposes she would be Anglo since she is not from a traditionally french speaking family ie not Québécois.

by Anonymousreply 516June 22, 2019 10:52 PM

What might have been. According to sources, Kate tried to make a friend and ally of Chelsy, and though they're quite different in personality, it mostly worked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517June 22, 2019 10:54 PM

From [R445], Harry says the RAF don't work as hard as the army!! Cheeky twat!! Yet he was tossing it off watching telly and playing on his consoles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518June 22, 2019 10:59 PM

Agree that Meghan wearing that ridiculous maternity coat at Eugenie's wedding was a mean-girl move of epic proportions and showed a side of Meghan that many won't forget.

by Anonymousreply 519June 22, 2019 11:02 PM

The first time that Chelsy came onto my radar was a mention in one of the tabs that described her as a “fag-smoking Zimbabwean boozer”. I’ve had a soft spot for her ever since.

by Anonymousreply 520June 22, 2019 11:02 PM

Kate and Chelsy would have been fantastic foils for each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521June 22, 2019 11:04 PM

Autumn Phillips is anglo?? I'm not questioning, just genuinely surprised. For some reason I thought she was proper old school French-speaking French Canadian. I guess the name should have been the clue.

R515 I'm not R510 but I'm also the Eugenie's Wedding Troll. If by 'Eugenie's Wedding Troll' you mean 'person who would find it really distasteful to wear an entirely unnecessary maternity coat to another woman's wedding even if the people involved were just regular doofuses and not public figures/royalty.' Look at the buttons on that coat! MM is, as many like to point out, a seasoned pro at dealing with the media, paps, photographers, gossip etc. Anyone who believes this button situation was a mistake is hopelessly naive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522June 22, 2019 11:04 PM

[quote] I'm also the Eugenie's Wedding Troll. If by 'Eugenie's Wedding Troll' you mean 'person who would find it really distasteful to wear an entirely unnecessary maternity coat to another woman's wedding even if the people involved were just regular doofuses and not public figures/royalty.' Look at the buttons on that coat! MM is, as many like to point out, a seasoned pro at dealing with the media, paps, photographers, gossip etc. Anyone who believes this button situation was a mistake is hopelessly naive.

It might be time to log off from the internet.

by Anonymousreply 523June 22, 2019 11:05 PM

there's no real reason to wear a maternity coat when you're less than a week pregnant to a wedding. none.

by Anonymousreply 524June 22, 2019 11:07 PM

Actually R523 it's time to put you on block. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 525June 22, 2019 11:09 PM

Glad you're taking a break, R523.

by Anonymousreply 526June 22, 2019 11:10 PM

I'd advise the same to you, R523, if gossip about royal family members on a royal family gossip thread is off-putting to you. Think I'll do what the smarter-than-me's have done and block you now, lest we shit up the thread further.

Come on, girl. Say it with me. "Those who have differing opinions on famous people neither of us will ever meet or know are not necessarily evil and insane."

by Anonymousreply 527June 22, 2019 11:12 PM

Yeah, time for R523 to wear her invisibility cloak, the useless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 528June 22, 2019 11:13 PM

[quote] person who would find it really distasteful to wear an entirely unnecessary maternity coat to another woman's wedding even if the people involved were just regular doofuses and not public figures/royalty.'

It would be pretty weird if every couple of days you remind people that Peggy wore a large coat to Jim and Maggie's wedding almost a year ago and then ranted about what a cunt Peggy is for having done that.

If Jim or Maggie were ranting that's fair, but in this hypothetical scenario you weren't even invited to the wedding and you don't know Jim or Maggie and they've never heard of you.

The "Eugenie's Wedding" outrage only works for a uniquely royal/celebrity situation.

by Anonymousreply 529June 22, 2019 11:25 PM

R513 I was fully prepare for a crazy link but it's quite an interesting documentary, if a bit heavily monarchist. It declares its stance at the beginning so fair play.

by Anonymousreply 530June 22, 2019 11:31 PM

"...the taped conversation between Charles and Camilla when he thanks her for loving him so much and she exclaims, "Oh, darling. Easier than falling off a chair.""

I've always thought that was one of the most romantic lines of all time!

Then again, I thought the tampon line was a cute little thing between lovers, too. Must have really hurt Diana, though.

by Anonymousreply 531June 22, 2019 11:34 PM

This is rather unnecessary. I enjoy these threads, but mainly because I'm not terribly fixated on the individuals involved. I watched Meghan and Harry's wedding, and was rooting for my fellow American to overcome. I've since been disappointed in her behavior, which seems (to my American mind) to be very disrespectful to the Brits who are paying her way. I've had fun at the York sisters' expense, with their bizarre fashion sense, but they seem like sweet young women, and I thought Meghan's appearance at Eugenie's wedding was awful. The racial stuff that is bandied about here makes me queasy. I avoid it at all costs: some of us have our own life histories to sort through, privately.

by Anonymousreply 532June 22, 2019 11:36 PM

Chelsy had a blowsy, wanton look - loved it!

Yes, she would have been a good foil for Kate. Honestly, I wish Harry had chosen a blonde or redhead just to provide a contrast to brunette Kate. Cressida would have been visually fun in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 533June 22, 2019 11:37 PM

No, unnecessary pregnancy coats being unacceptable applies to more than just the royal family.

Random Woman A is getting married, her big day! Her friend, Random Woman B, decides to show up and reveal to all their friends and/or families the fact that she's preggers! Surprise! Look at ME!

You don't do that at someone else's wedding, you just don't. The Markle woman should have worn a normal and lovely dress/coat combo and shown her pregnancy at another time. Basic good manners.

by Anonymousreply 534June 22, 2019 11:38 PM

R513 Part 2 is also interesting. According to the part one of documentary The Queen's Children: Charles/ Diana wedding cost an estimated 100 million in today's rate. Diana and Andrew were close and she used to write him a lot when he was at the Falklands. Edward preferred Fergie and they were good friends for a while. Edward's ill-conceived It's a Royal Knockout finally stripped away last bit of deference to royal children. But I think Paxman said it best, the people were being lied to by BP presenting the children's marriages as fairy tale when it was anything but. Part 2 of documentary has some bit about the interesting dynamics between Charles and Andrew with Charles saying "the trouble with my brother is that he wants to be me". Perhaps now Charles is more sympathetic to what Harry is doing to William with the help of his American social climbing wife? Though being the spare has the benefit of perks without the responsibility. Andrew is the money/ fame-grubbing shady dealing model that Harry is basing himself/ Meghan on, since Andrew's questionable dealings go back to the 1990s. Edward/ Sophie tried working but eventually gave up because they learned that the British people want their royals to act royal and not schlep it like the rest of them. Beatrice received an expensive necklace from a convicted Libyan gun smuggler. No wonder Willam/ Kate's marriage is now seen as a detour from all those unsavory shit. Lastly the documentary ends with the view that the BRF is on the up and up, though this documentary was made just after Harry/ Meghan wedding so Paxman's sentiments didn't take into consideration how unpopular that marriage has become since then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535June 22, 2019 11:39 PM

Princess Anne visiting the Orkney Islands:

"After all her formal visits she then went along to the Orkney Branch of the RDA (Riding for Disabled People), where she met many of the members. THIS has to be the photograph of the ENTIRE Royal visit! I LOVE this photo! Good on Eric (the chap in the photo)....."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 22, 2019 11:42 PM

R534 My critique is not of the incident, it's of the applicability of the analogy at R522.

For people who know neither woman A nor Woman B to become incensed on Woman A's behalf and keep talking about it every few days seems a bit much if the people involved are not celebrities.

If these people aren't celebrities and you don't know them why would you be talking about their wedding?

by Anonymousreply 537June 22, 2019 11:51 PM

Harry can't possibly end up in worse shape than Edward, living in his grand estate. Edward has been a failure at everything, except his lavender marriage.

by Anonymousreply 538June 23, 2019 12:05 AM

The future of the BRF rests with William/ Kate and their children, not Harry/ Meghan. Everything that the Sussexes have done have been either bizarre or have invited criticism that's mostly deserved. Case in point, despite the public spectacle, William/ Kate presenting George to the public was a more natural, joyous, and intimate affair than the Sussexes' self-aggrandizing carpet walk with only few selected media. The interaction between William and Kate showed an ease and understanding that only years of friendship and as coupledom could have engendered. Watching this clip again since few years ago really made the contrast so apparent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539June 23, 2019 12:10 AM

They are figuring out the divorce already. Megan was told she would be leaving as soon as she dared publicly voice an opinion about a head of state.

by Anonymousreply 540June 23, 2019 12:15 AM

It's odd that the phrase 'marching' as in doing sponsored iG posts seems to be used exclusively here. It's not even in the Urban Dictionary. Congrats to the spaz who convinced everyone that it's common parlance.

by Anonymousreply 541June 23, 2019 12:24 AM

MERCHING ...not marching, fuck off autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 542June 23, 2019 12:24 AM

'They are figuring out the divorce already. Megan was told she would be leaving as soon as she dared publicly voice an opinion about a head of state. '

What a joke. She hasn't offered any opinions since she was married. Philip and Charles go round being racist and nobody even reprimands them.

by Anonymousreply 543June 23, 2019 12:26 AM

R541 R542 It's a Tumblr creation that migrated into Dangling Tendrils and finally settled here.

by Anonymousreply 544June 23, 2019 12:27 AM

"Merching" is simply short for merchandising.

by Anonymousreply 545June 23, 2019 12:30 AM

R536 Wonderful photo. Look at her face! Thanks for posting

by Anonymousreply 546June 23, 2019 12:31 AM

R543 She did do this though. A tad hypocritical considering she seems to have a penchant for pale males & married a Prince don't you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 23, 2019 12:35 AM

[quote] doing sponsored iG posts

R541 It doesn't have single definition so. It can also mean A) Meghan submitting fake receipts to Charles for clothing she's received for free and pocketing the cash or B) submitting real receipts then returning the merchandize and keeping the cash. All of this is allegedly done with Jessica Mulroney.

R545 Only on these threads and Tumblr have I ever seen the shorthand "merching" used.

In general parlance "merch" is all the merchandise created around a band or celebrity eg "I got some free Coldplay merch"

by Anonymousreply 548June 23, 2019 12:37 AM

This is a very interesting film. What loving endearment might Charles be whispering at 17:51?

I wonder if William and Harry have seen it, and if so, what they think of the family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549June 23, 2019 12:41 AM

R327 In light of the Paxman documentary at R535 I need to modify my statement at R340. The Duke of York seems to have a few dictator friends. Dinner at Chelsy's might have been just normal for all concerned.

by Anonymousreply 550June 23, 2019 12:49 AM

Just been going through my inbox and found this weeks popbitch email. They mention the Sussexes.

>> Picture this << The price of a 'gram

It's easy to write the Love Island set off as a bunch of airheads, but Molly-Mae is no fool. Word is that she's already got someone repping her on the outside who's checking up on media outlets that have scoured her social media for stories, and issuing a £150 invoice for any pictures they've lifted from her Instagram without permission.

Online media outlets have commonly used Instagram as a sort of fee-free photo agency (and usually get away with it because both Instagram and the Instagrammer are happy for the exposure) but it seems like we might be on the verge of a new celebrity copyright crackdown.

Not only have the Duke and Duchess of Sussex been very quick off the mark this week to enforce the rights to their massively proscriptive "one day only" approval of their Instagram post of baby Archie – even proper royalty is getting involved.

Mariah Carey's people are dutifully working their way through a backlog of social media users who used All I Want For Christmas in their Xmas memes – and are still

by Anonymousreply 551June 23, 2019 12:49 AM

R578, I know merch as in band name T shirts etc is a well known abbreviation.

I always thought merching was what influencers do. Meg did it prior to her engagement, but not afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 552June 23, 2019 12:49 AM

[quote] According to the part one of documentary The Queen's Children: Charles/ Diana wedding cost an estimated 100 million in today's rate.

That can't be true, surely? That is a truly obscene amount of money to spend on a single day. Not to get all "there are people starving in Africa", but...

by Anonymousreply 553June 23, 2019 12:57 AM

The Prince of Wales wedding had been at promised event for literally three decades at that point, it was the event

by Anonymousreply 554June 23, 2019 1:05 AM

R552 The community I follow on Insta or Youtube says "sponsored posts." Only in the BRF community or on Tumblr have I seen "merching" used commonly and only in reference to Meghan. Similarly, I've seen sugars used to refer to fans of Meghan here and on Tumblr but I've seen stans used more widely to mean fans of a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 555June 23, 2019 1:08 AM

Merching as a term related to meghan took off after that australian dress w/ the tag flowing in the wind and the 90k dior horrid mess

by Anonymousreply 556June 23, 2019 1:11 AM

I've seen merching on DM, CB, CDAN, LA and FB. It doesn't always apply to Markle. It's other celebs, too. And I swear I don't spend hours a day on gossip sites. I just sort of graze around.

by Anonymousreply 557June 23, 2019 1:35 AM

Merching, narc, pr - these terms thrown around with abandon, I can’t stand it.

by Anonymousreply 558June 23, 2019 1:46 AM

Well, in that case, let's have a chat about narc Meg Markle and her crap PR's involvement in a merching scheme, How deeply are they involved?

by Anonymousreply 559June 23, 2019 1:51 AM

The actress voicing Meghan on the BBC2 spoof show is Gbemisola Ikunelo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560June 23, 2019 1:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561June 23, 2019 1:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562June 23, 2019 2:06 AM

R558, perhaps this is not the place for you? Blocked in case you decide to hang around.

by Anonymousreply 563June 23, 2019 2:07 AM

Goodness, R563 takes things very seriously and personally. Obviously a woman.

by Anonymousreply 564June 23, 2019 2:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565June 23, 2019 2:10 AM

Markle's attention-whoring stunts are enough to put anyone off. That spectacle at the awards show alone. How selfish not to allow others their moment. I tend to agree with that person who, publicly and in front of cameras, called her repugnant.

by Anonymousreply 566June 23, 2019 2:15 AM

Markle has the kind of trashy bad manners that only a true moron can have. Smart people who are assholes are at least clever enough to hide it.

Not Markle! She is so painfully clueless, she almost seems retarded.

by Anonymousreply 567June 23, 2019 2:23 AM

R558 our very own webmaster wrote this with YOU in mind. Do feel free to take it to heart, this thread is already heavy on trolls and drama llamas.

Those delicate souls who worry about being offended should probably not hang around here.

by Anonymousreply 568June 23, 2019 2:29 AM

Didn't William and Camilla say it was awkward when Meg tried to get in the photos at the investiture?

by Anonymousreply 569June 23, 2019 2:29 AM

That PR has to be paid for somehow, R559.

by Anonymousreply 570June 23, 2019 2:30 AM

'Blocked in case you decide to hang around.'

The oh so easily triggered Blocked Troll cracks me up. He acts like he's on some kind of power trip. Nobody gives a fuck if they're blocked by this merching spaz.

by Anonymousreply 571June 23, 2019 2:34 AM

R568 I thought you blocked me, toots?

by Anonymousreply 572June 23, 2019 2:34 AM

R571 It’s not a he, rather one of the hens who now and then take possession of this thread and make it tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 573June 23, 2019 2:37 AM

This is probably pointless but I hate lost knowledge. When I first started seeing the word Stan used I had assumed it came from side door stanley. A very old term used to describe the men who waited outside backstage doors to meet vaudeville stars, actresses and dancers.

A little looking on line and I see it did not but I can't find mention of side door Stanley's anywhere on the internet. So I am passing on the term in hopes it's not forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 574June 23, 2019 2:37 AM

Why is Markle called a "narc?" I don't get it. Is she a drug dealer?

by Anonymousreply 575June 23, 2019 2:39 AM

R575 Short for narcissist.

Many on here will be quick to explain to you how she is just like their sister-in -law in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 576June 23, 2019 2:42 AM

Thank you R574. A lot of people trace it to Eminem's "Stan" (2000)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577June 23, 2019 2:51 AM

No explanation required. Markle has displayed, on camera, what a narcissistic cow she is.

by Anonymousreply 578June 23, 2019 2:51 AM

She cannot seriously be this unaware.

by Anonymousreply 579June 23, 2019 2:58 AM

R211 Harry has been a short form of Henry for hundreds of years. Same as Jack for John, Ted or Teddy for Edward, Betty for Elizabeth etc. . They are called hypocorisms.

by Anonymousreply 580June 23, 2019 3:22 AM

R574 - I’m with you on lost knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 581June 23, 2019 3:24 AM

Seems plausible

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582June 23, 2019 3:30 AM

Wut?! Thought she knew nothing of Dim?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583June 23, 2019 3:44 AM

[quote] Merching as a term related to meghan took off after that australian dress w/ the tag flowing in the wind and the 90k dior horrid mess

You jackasses throw around the word merch and you don't even know what it is. First of all, celebrities get free clothes all the time from designers. It's cheap advertisement for a designer/clothing company. They most definitely send the correct size clothes to the celeb. They don't want them looking bad in poorly fitted clothes. They want them to look spectacular. And the celebs don't return the clothes. The company could never sell them

So you fucking loons who think she get just any old outfit from a designer (and that's why her clothes fit so badly) and that she has to send them back (so she doesn't have them altered) are a joke. Unfortunately Meghan buys these clothes and she doesn't know how to pick out the correct size or use the services of someone who can do alterations. She always looked great when she was on suits, but the costume department probably helped her because her clothes fitted like a glove back then

Kate has deals with designers too. She has had them make similar versions of clothes that were shown on in fashion shows during Paris/London/NY fashion week. She usually has them make them less revealing and a different hemline. Diana had deals with designers too. And we all know that Prince Charles has his boyfriend sell gifts he receives to consignment shops or on the side. He's already lost his official taxpayer job over it, but was immediately hired back by Charles who pays his salary out of his own pocket or the Duchy's pocket. His nickname is Fawcett the Fence. I'm sure Andrew (he always has fergie do his dirty work for him) does this too, when he's not selling access to himself, his mother or the taxpayer owned castles she lives in

by Anonymousreply 584June 23, 2019 3:58 AM

R580, and Jimmy for James.

Stan does originate from the Eminem song about a crazily obsessed Eminem fan called Stan.

by Anonymousreply 585June 23, 2019 3:59 AM

For R574

I've only heard the term "Stage Door Johnny".

Never Stanley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586June 23, 2019 4:10 AM

If Harry and Meghan divorce, then Harry remarries a woman who's younger and never been married before, does the wedding take place in WA and with same pomp and circumstance as Harry's first marriage? It would seem unfair to the bride to miss out on a royal wedding of similar production just because it'd be Harry's second wedding. After all, Meghan got whole nine yards even though she's a divorcee pushing 40.

by Anonymousreply 587June 23, 2019 4:16 AM

R587, where did Charles and Camilla get married? Should be a good indication.

by Anonymousreply 588June 23, 2019 4:18 AM

r587- unlikely. Things may have chilled out since the Pete Townsend era and almost all of the Queen's children having married twice but divorce in the family of the Head of the British Church is still a prickly issue. Charles's second marriage to Camilla was very very low key. That will be the model for any second wedding, Harry chooses to have.

by Anonymousreply 589June 23, 2019 4:19 AM

R587 A divorce does not dissolve a marriage as far as the church is concerned. That's why Camilla and Charles were unable to get married in church--her first husband is still alive. Don't know if the Church of England does annulments like the Catholic Church.

by Anonymousreply 590June 23, 2019 4:36 AM

R590, I predicted long ago an annulment in about a year's time of the marriage. Prince Harry has good cause, and much, much more is yet to come out. Reports online of MM's financial improprieties re the cookbook and the Mosque, the latter has claims of terrorist associations. Shocked that the BRF didn't closely monitor 100% of all MM financial transactions from Day-1.

by Anonymousreply 591June 23, 2019 4:40 AM

They probably did r591 but the Queen hates getting involved in her families' personal lives what with the disasters caused for Charles/Diana, Margaret etc. I think in this case, Harry being who he is, they just decided, fuck it, let him marry her. We'll contain the damage after it's done. Stopping him at that stage would've meant Harry digging in his heels and/or the Firm getting accused of being racist. Besides, he's a 34 year old man, he should be making his own choices, even if they are wrong and even if he is a member of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 592June 23, 2019 4:56 AM

For those claiming the Queen forbade Margaret from marrying Peter Townsend, some history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593June 23, 2019 5:00 AM

R590 That’s not true anymore. The CofE changed the rules some years ago and are now willing to marry divorcees. Which is why Meghan was allowed a church wedding.

I believe that the rules actually changed shortly before Charles & Camilla got married but they went with a civil ceremony followed by a by a blessing because it was felt that the public would not like hearing him repeat vows that he broke with Diana.

Harry’s second wedding could be in a church if he wanted but it would be without all the pomp and expense of the last one.

by Anonymousreply 594June 23, 2019 5:00 AM

Re MM's maternity attire at Eugenie's wedding - I'm sure I read, possibly here, that Eugenie knew in advance and ok'd it.

by Anonymousreply 595June 23, 2019 5:02 AM

R591 There are specific grounds for annulment of a marriage in the UK...none of which are met in this instance.

Personally, I give it another year or so before obvious signs of disintegration start to show, prompting “trouble in paradise” headlines. Then divorce a year after that. If she gets pregnant in the meantime, then that’ll probably give her another year.

by Anonymousreply 596June 23, 2019 5:05 AM

R594 Meghan's first marriage was a civil marriage. As far as the church is concerned, she wasn't married the first time.

by Anonymousreply 597June 23, 2019 5:07 AM

R595 What? Markle...without any kind of bump...asked if could wear a maternity coat to the wedding?

Of course not.

by Anonymousreply 598June 23, 2019 5:08 AM

Forsooth, subject at R583??

Is yourself trying to convey unto me, via white-hot emanation lapping languidly against and within the vast cranial precipice tragicomically known to the forlornly lumpen peasantry of these Datalounges as ‘skull’ that The HRH Diana is the mother of My Love?

Is this your truth?

Immediately, I should make a direly urgent requestance that you should rouse the sole member of your lugubrious band of wraiths who holds within her heart chakra the devinely ordained gift of literacy and as such demand she write unto me with great post-haste a confirmation of this jejunely joyous news!

The HRH Diana, mother of My Love????

by Anonymousreply 599June 23, 2019 5:09 AM

R597 Crap. It doesn’t work like that. However she previously got married, she is a divorcee.

The rules changed in 2002 to be specific.

Stop pretending to be an expert in the Church of ENGLAND when I doubt you’ve even set foot in the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 23, 2019 5:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!