Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 75

Let us continue our discussion here. Do try to remain calm and get along.

Below is the previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 610June 19, 2019 2:38 AM

The ladies at the Garter ceremony today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2019 7:01 PM

Talk about stability of the monarchy... The Queen has had the same hairstyle forever! LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2019 7:02 PM

Charles looked like he was ready to drop dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2019 7:03 PM

[r2] it’s required by law that she keep the same hairstyle. Otherwise they would have to redesign all the stamps and money ;)

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2019 7:04 PM

Those robes have got to be stiflingly hot. They should hold the ceremony in a cooler month than June.

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2019 7:04 PM

Kate looked great. But I have to say that the black trim on her coat looks better from the front than the side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2019 7:07 PM

There's a video of her having either a photo or video being taken while being in those robes, and she remarks 'whoever designed these did not have comfort in mind' while pulling at them. It's quite cute.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2019 7:08 PM

Alpha Will in his plume. The last photo is a group shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2019 7:12 PM

Remember reading that Doria was taking childcare classes?

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2019 7:27 PM

r5 But then there might be rain! Seriously though they hold things in the summer months because there is more of a chance of sunshine.

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2019 7:28 PM

They should get those little portable a/c units for each Garter member. You could fit one under those robes.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2019 7:43 PM

From the last thread:

[quote]The Queen's robes are cumbersome. It's amazing she can still do these events at her age.

Her Majesty can no longer wear the Imperial State Crown, the symbol of her sovereignty. During the last State Opening of Parliament, it was carried in front of her and then placed on a chair beside her during the ceremony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2019 7:45 PM

I love the piping on Kate's outfit today. The look suits her - crisp, neat, tidy, English. Totally her thing. And it (the dark piping) livens up what would otherwise just be another pale coat dress. As for Cam and her foundation garments, something tells me she cares about comfort and not looking obviously nipply/free-boobing than she does about looking uplifted or tightly held in. At a certain age I think some women (and I hope to be one of them) just exhale and embrace the fact that they're no longer young and sexy.

Does anyone know when that shot of Meg in Africa looking all Diana with the hands on hips etc. was taken? Before or after she was with Haz?

Agree with someone else on the sartorial choices made for the Cambridge children - I see what she's doing with the boys but don't always love it, but I very much appreciate Charlotte's simple, unfussy dresses and outfits. Perfect, and like her mother very English.

Also agree with the person saying HM looks great. If someone told me she was in her 70s, I would have no trouble believing it. Phil as well, despite facially looking like a zombie, is almost shockingly spry for his age - he practically bounded out of the car at a recent engagement.

I would love one of the Order of the Garter robes for myself, tbh. Perfect for a bitter winter's day. And I bet I've never laid hands on such luxurious velvet as that which they're made out of. Speaking of, who actually makes clothes like this? Is there a specific tailor in London for this kind of rare historical garment? I'm totally fascinated.

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2019 7:48 PM

I don't think the Cambridge children dress like that except for photo ops: Kate is creating 'working' clothes for them, which must also help with behavior: They'd know that when they're dressed like the ghosts of children who died in the War, it's time to behave and wave to the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2019 7:56 PM

I love the traditional clothes of the Cambridge children. They wear more casual when they're at home so they get the best of both worlds.

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2019 8:00 PM

Malawi and Angola are on the tour later this year for Harry and Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2019 8:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2019 8:05 PM

For R598 on the previous thread: the sapphire center of that pearl choker was a brooch that the Queen Mother gave to Diana as a wedding gift. Diana had it reset as the center of the pearl choker. She had another huge oval sapphire surrounded by diamonds that she got as a wedding present from one of the Arab Sheiks - she wore that as a pendant on a diamond chain. The pendant was part of a fabulous sapphire demi-parure from said sheikh, that included a bracelet and earrings. It was probably the largest gift of top-tier jewellery that Diana got outside the family upon her marriage.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2019 8:25 PM

R13 - That photo was well before Megs hooked up with Haz. It was, in fact, taken on her PR visit, with her own cameraman in tow, set up by that agency that works to help celebrities "up" their humanitarian profile.

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2019 8:28 PM

Sapphires were perfect on Diana. Made the most of her eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2019 8:29 PM

I like sapphires on Diana, but this look is cuckoo, even for the 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2019 8:31 PM

R19, glad you said it, I was worried about being called "that agency Troll" lmao.

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2019 8:31 PM

R14 - Kidding aside, Kate is no fool. She knows what she's doing. She's making it clear not just to her children, but to the people following them, who they are and who they will be. Meghan, of course, will make a huge to-do about her "normal" kid - perhaps not knowing that she's also making it clear how nonroyal he is and that eventually no one will care one jot about him whilst they follow the "real" royals.

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2019 8:31 PM

I honestly think Meghan is envisioning a life outside the BRF for Archie, probably in the entertainment business. Hence the name Archie Harrison, which he can use as his full name, and jettison Mountbatten-Windsor altogether. Everyone will know who he is, but by not using the Windsor name he gets the advantages of recognition without the responsibilities.

Of course, an entertainment career will hinge on whether he's good-looking and charismatic. If the child had been a girl, she'd have the option of tons of makeup and plastic surgery, but a boy has to rely a bit more on what nature gave him. Let's hope for his sake she was generous.

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2019 8:34 PM

Are you kidding, r24? Trade in a life of royalty and opulence for the entertainment business? What will she be, a replacement for Vanna White? And DROP the Mountbatten-Windsor name? For real? Meghan fell into a giant pot of lucky. She will hang on with the tippy end of her fingertips.

by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2019 8:42 PM

^ ditto for her son in my post at r25.

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2019 8:43 PM

But Archie will never be more than a minor Royal. Even if he gets the HRH and the dukedom, he's already 7th in line and will just go lower. The dukedom means little without money and an estate to go with it. Hopefully he inherited his mother's drive and her at least-normal intelligence, and takes the privileges he was born with and makes the most of them outside the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 27June 17, 2019 8:44 PM

I liked the outfits of both of these Queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 17, 2019 8:45 PM

Can Archie inherit estate when his father doesn't own any?

Or am I being thick?

by Anonymousreply 29June 17, 2019 8:46 PM

I mean, I know he has relatives other than Harry, but once it's all divvied up, it's nothing.

by Anonymousreply 30June 17, 2019 8:47 PM

No, that's my point, R29. The Sussex dukedom is just a title: There is no estate and not much money, at least by Royal standards. If Archie can make a go of a real profession, he'd be better off being Archie Harrison and letting the titles go entirely. He'd still have the connections.

by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2019 8:48 PM

Ascot is up next and here are photos of Lady Diana Spencer making her debut in 1981. She rode in a carriage with the Queen's cousin, Princess Alexandra of Kent. As you can see, frills and flounces were fashionable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2019 8:49 PM

Eugenie with one of her Norfolk terriers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2019 8:51 PM

The Queen was pretty in her day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 17, 2019 8:52 PM

I notice Anne has no engagements until the 23rd, so hoping to see her at Ascot in an unofficial capacity, too, over the next few days.

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2019 8:53 PM

R24, "Harrison" is to denote "Harry's son."

"Archie" is as close as they could figure as an anagram for MM's real first name: "Rachel."

by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2019 8:55 PM

A summary of Kate's Garter outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 17, 2019 8:55 PM

R36 - perfectly "normal" for two narcissists as parents. The son is a reflection of his parents.

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2019 8:56 PM

R20 - The pendant and earrings and bracelet were part of the Arab Sheikh gift. They're spectacular - I think that photo is from the Wales's trip Down Under a year after William was born. It was summer there and winter here, so he must have been about 18 months old. The tour was a massive triumph for Diana. I think it was at about that time that Charles began to see the handwriting on the wall. I remember the pink gown as well. It was originally strapless but the straps were added for, er. insurance.

by Anonymousreply 39June 17, 2019 8:56 PM

A lot of Di's 80s outfits were ugly, but I find this one rather fabulous in a Dynastyesque way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2019 8:56 PM

Meg's Garter outfit.

(She wishes)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2019 8:57 PM

R21 - Yes, Diana did go OTT now and then. I wonder if that gown was worn to Japan or the Middle East, hence the design?

by Anonymousreply 42June 17, 2019 8:58 PM

Yes, I realize the rather ham-handed meaning of "Harrison," but it could also be easily used as a surname. A lot of Hollywood parents do that so their kids can take stage names that don't use the parents' famous names, as in the case of Angelina Jolie, etc.

by Anonymousreply 43June 17, 2019 8:58 PM

R41 - LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 44June 17, 2019 8:58 PM

She was indeed pretty, R34, and still is. I think William Dargie captured her best in his lush, sensuous portrait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 17, 2019 9:04 PM

R29 - R31 is right: there is no money and no estate attached to Harry's ducal title. It's strictly symbolic. That's why the system breeds resentment: Harry's title gets him nothing, but one day William will become Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall - and THAT ducal title comes with a hefty portfolio of estate and land holdings that brought £23 million in revenues to Charles, personally, last year. Of course, he also makes a large voluntary contribution to the Exchequer with it, and helps funds his sons' household expenses, but still - the Cambridges' fortunes will go up without them lifting a finger except to behave as they should. Harry's fortunes will stay the same if he does nothing.

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2019 9:06 PM

The Queen and Prince Philip were both attractive in the day, and they still look good now. A shame none of their kids really inherited their looks - especially not Charles.

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2019 9:07 PM

If Charles ascends the throne then Harry will get a long term lease on some royal property or be gifted a property outright like Andrew, Edward and Anne all received with Betty.

Archie will have many options for income generation if he's smart. One of the good things about William's and Harry's decisions to marry "commoners" is that their wives are likely to be of resilient stock. It takes a certain mental strength to successfully navigate all the landmines on the path from dating a prince to marrying one

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2019 9:07 PM

R45 - I hadn't seen that one. You're right: it's a beautiful painting.

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2019 9:07 PM

The Queen looked good in the black costume hat, as did Kate. The color is flattering on them.

by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2019 9:07 PM

I guess Markle didn't actually "get" all this, pre-marriage. I bet it was a shock to the system when she finally became privvy to the workings of the RF, and got to understand ( or does she not, still?) the massive gulf in pecking orders.

by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2019 9:15 PM

I think giving Archie the middle name of Harrison is worse than having first name Archie. Harrison is the height of basic frau-dom in this case because Harrison is not a name that's been in the family and is used merely because literally it means Harry's son. Being too literal and cutesy when they try to be creative is what basic fraus do so well, they don't realize how laughably basic their efforts are.

by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2019 9:16 PM

But Andrew, Edward, and Anne don't own their properties: They just have very long leases. That's not the same as a hereditary estate you DO own and can hand down to your eldest son. It's certainly nothing compared to the rich holdings of the Duchy of Cornwall.

That said, primogeniture is what it is, and the Royals and aristocrats have been doing it that way for over 1000 years. As the descendant of many eldest children, Harry has still benefited enormously from the system, and will continue to benefit for the rest of his life unless he is spectacularly stupid.

Archie will get a bit less than his father, but he'll still have more than 99% of the population. If nothing else, he'll have access to impeccable connections and a first-rate education, if he wants it. He can easily start a business like David Linley (now Earl Snowdon) or get a posh, easy job (like Princess Eugenie) or be an artist (like Sarah Chatto) or be a professional equestrian (like Zara Tindall). Any of those choices sound better than a lifetime of cutting ribbons and shaking hands with dictators, even if THAT job comes with a shit-fuck-ton of real estate. You can't put a price on freedom.

by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2019 9:16 PM

R48 - They are not gifted outright.

Andrew cannot sell Royal Lodge, it belongs to the Crown Estates - he has a 75-year lease with the Crown Estates. Andrew was required to shell out £7.5 million of his own money on refurbishment as part of the lease deal.

Bagshot Park is also leased from the Crown Estates by Edward.

by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2019 9:18 PM

R53 - Ah, you beat me to it on the leased residences . . .

by Anonymousreply 55June 17, 2019 9:19 PM

Anne may own Gatcombe Park, though the Wikipedia article is a bit vague on ownership. It was bought FOR Anne by the Queen and renovated at the Crown's expense, which suggests that Anne does not, in fact, own it.

by Anonymousreply 56June 17, 2019 9:19 PM

R53 - "he'll have access to impeccable connections and a first-rate education"

Haven't you heard? Meghan wants Archie to have a normal life. She and Harry are going to send him to the local comp.

by Anonymousreply 57June 17, 2019 9:21 PM

Hee--Meghan may say that, just like she said she was giving birth at home, and then at the last minute they'll send him to Winchester or something for 'security reasons.'

by Anonymousreply 58June 17, 2019 9:22 PM

I was going to offer the possibility that Charles will leave Highgrove to Harry as a country house, since William already has Anmer Hall, but it seems that's not to be. According to Wikipedia,

[quote]In August 1980 the Highgrove estate was purchased by the Duchy of Cornwall for a figure believed to be between £800,000 and £1,000,000 with funds raised for its purchase by the sale of three properties from the duchy's holdings, including part of the village of Daglingworth.[11] The Duke of Cornwall, Charles, Prince of Wales, was subsequently appointed a tenant for life of Highgrove by the duchy.

That suggests that the next tenancy for life will go to the new Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall, Prince William.

by Anonymousreply 59June 17, 2019 9:25 PM

First rate education don't count for shit if Archie inherits his father's genes in the brains department. Let's hope those genes aren't as dominating as close-set eyes and red hair.

by Anonymousreply 60June 17, 2019 9:25 PM

Agreed, R60. As much as folks make fun of Meghan's looks and brains, Archie would be much, much better off taking after his mother--in both categories.

by Anonymousreply 61June 17, 2019 9:27 PM

R56 - Not vague at all: "The house and home farm were bought by Queen Elizabeth II in 1976 for Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips; the price was not disclosed but is believed to have been between £500,000 and £750,000. The previous owner was Lord Butler of Saffron Walden, Master of Trinity College, Cambridge, and a former Home Secretary, who had inherited the house from his father-in-law, the art collector Samuel Courtauld. Courtauld had acquired it from the Ricardo family in 1940."

Gatcombe was not part of the Crown Estates - the phrase "renovated by the Crown" means that the Queen renovated it with revenue from her personal income, which is to say, probably, revenue from the Duchy of Lancaster, which is held by the Sovereign (although only male sovereigns hold the title Duke of Lancaster). That's what she did with Anmer Hall, the country estate of the Cambridges in Norfolk. As Sandringham belongs to the Queen personally, the Crown Estates and the Sovereign Grant could not be used to renovate it. So she uses income from the Duchy just the way Charles uses income from the Duchy of Cornwall.

Yes, Harry will be taken care of in a manner the rest of the world can only envy, but perception is always guided by the framework around it. In Harry's world, being "taken care of" points up that he has nothing but what he's given except for the income from the Trust Diana left him, and that however decent it seems, it will always be far less than his brother and his brother's family can look forward to. I suspect Charles will leave each son an additional Trust, probably at the same level as Diana's, and Harry's personal income will double. But going from £300,000 p.a. to £600,000 p.a. (subject to standard taxes and in future providing for a wife and two kids, staff, polo ponies, expensive cars, upkeep on a country home, etc., etc.) is slim pickings compared to what his brother will have and other really wealthy men in their own right in his circle, e.g., the young Duke of Grosvenor (his mother was godmother to Prince William, I believe), who came into £9bn (yes, that's a "b" not an "m") at 25 upon the death of his father. Quite pointedly - Hugh Grosvenor is godfather to Prince George.

This is what Harry and Meghan will know they fall below, and always will.

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2019 9:35 PM

Given how much of one's income housing accounts for, anyone getting free housing (even on a longterm lease) is making out like a bandit.

The BRF have prestige but they don't have emirates levels of money. You win some and you lose some. All in all, Archie will be ok. Like the York sisters he won't get money early unless he earns some on his own, but in the end he'll inherit more than enough. A similar fate awaits Charlotte and Louis.

I refuse to feel sorry for Archie's life prospects. He has access to more money, education, opportunities and networks than 99.9% of people on the planet. Only here would that somehow be treated as if he's a loser in the stakes of life.

by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2019 9:41 PM

Onlookers...start greying out this thread. It’s time for it to go.

DL was never intended as a meeting place for post-menopausal women to meet and natter on about jewels, clothes and babies.

There’s nothing of interest here. No matter how hard you all try to sound like you are, you are not experts in royalty - and none of you have any real gossip to share. Your attempts at analysis are boring, meaningless psychobabble and not nearly as profound as you seem to think.

Just go away. You are not welcome - this is not the Women’s Institute or Mumsnet.

So, dried up hags...kindly fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2019 9:42 PM

R59 - I think you're right - Highgrove remains attached to the Duchy of Cornwall. That doesn't mean William could not lease it to his brother upon their father's death. That said, somehow I don't think Highgrove is Meghan's and Harry's style; moreover, given William's obvious dislike of Meghan and the breach with his brother she contributed to, it wouldn't likely be comfortable for the Sussexes to owe their grand living space to William's imperial generosity . . .

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2019 9:43 PM

Did they ever release any statements regarding why Harry is "working" again so soon after Archie's birth? After all, the Sussexes made a big announcement about how Harry will be taking paternity leave, giving impression that Harry was going to be hands-on dad hence had to take time off. What happened there I wonder? Add that to the long list of things that the Sussexes do that make zero sense until you figure publicity-seeking into the equation.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2019 9:44 PM

What confused me about the Gatcombe Park article, R62, was the sentence "It is a royal residence as it is home to the Princess Royal, and is privately owned." It's just odd phrasing--why not say that it is owned by Princess Anne? Who IS the owner? Perhaps I'm reading too much into the passive voice.

I agree that Harry's problem is one of scale and environment. He's luckier than 99% of people, but he doesn't hang out with the 99%, and by the standards of the 1%, he is poor.

Still, he had the opportunity to make more of himself, but he appears lazy and entitled--he wouldn't even take the major's exam, though he loved the army. I don't feel sorry for him, his wife, or his son.

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2019 9:48 PM

R63 - generally, I agree: most of the BRF doesn't have emirate level monies. But the Queen does - she's worth close to £1bn personally. Charles will inherit that, then William, who will ensure that Charlotte and Louis get large Trusts of their own and who will also be taken care of when George becomes King. The elder brothers and their descendants will continue to be rich by any standards, if not filthy rich. The Queen IS filthy rich, Charles is getting close and will be when he becomes King, and one day, so will William. Harry won't, and Charlotte and Louis won't, but they'll be damned comfortable.

R66 - Harry is still putting in appearances to keep the Sussex brand in front of the public. The expectations for fathers are different and I'm sure Meghan wants him out there reminding everyone that the Sussexes are still there . . . and will be back.

by Anonymousreply 68June 17, 2019 9:49 PM

I don't think the "paternity leave" thing was an official announcement was it? What kind of statement do you expect them to release, R66? "I"m sure you all know that the Duke of Sussex is a lazy bastard but he decided he'd actually do some work and attend family events even if that means leaving his infant son in the care of his binge-eating wife. All of the time they've spent together lately is really motivating him to get the hell out of the house more."

by Anonymousreply 69June 17, 2019 9:56 PM

If Harry feels poor and hard-done-by, he should have married rich. Chelsy Davy's father owns half of Zimbabwe, with only two children to split all 800,000 acres. He should have nurtured that relationship, and it would have paid off with a lovely jolly wife and insane acreage in Africa. He wouldn't have to give a shit if William got the Duchy of Cornwall.

The same thing happened with Princess Margaret. She had a number of very wealthy suitors, including the heir to the Dukedom of Buccleuch, with its massive holdings in Scotland and its dozen or so subsidiary titles--no need for the Queen to rustle up a title for Johnny Dalkeith! There was also Billy Wallace, the only surviving son of the incredibly rich Euan Wallace (who lost four sons in WWII). She actually was engaged to Billy, but broke it off out of pique because he had a fling while on vacation in the Caribbean. A strange choice, given what she put up with from Snowdon.

If Margaret had married properly, she could have told Royal duties to go fuck themselves--but she had to do things her own way.

Harry had to do things his own way, and for the same reasons as Margaret--pique, boredom, rebelliousness. Like Margaret, he's going to suffer for his choices.

by Anonymousreply 70June 17, 2019 9:57 PM

But R70 Megstans keep telling us Harry DID marry rich. Meghan has that "supporting actor on a basic cable show" money after all.

by Anonymousreply 71June 17, 2019 10:05 PM

[quote] If Harry feels poor and hard-done-by, he should have married rich.

R70 Much to the dismay of his advisors, Harry seems happy enough with his current marital choice. It's the posters on this thread who consider him and Archie poor for only being worth a measly 40M (plus free housing and benefits).

If Meghan is worth anything she'll use her hustle to increase their net worth. And I am here for that show!

by Anonymousreply 72June 17, 2019 10:07 PM

We'll see if Harry is happy in 10 years, when his brother is Prince of Wales or King, and the Sussexes are still squatting at Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 73June 17, 2019 10:10 PM

Given the RF's fondness for trusts, I am betting that there may very well be a legacy for Archie when his dad's dad dies. But that money will all be tied up tight away from Sparkle. When people show you who they are, you should believe them. And that $75.000 dress for the engagement, broadcast loud and clear who $$$$parkle really was.

Sorry, I have no sympathy for Harry being the younger son and being treated as such. This practice was not invented to inconvenience him and his spouse. It's in place long before Harry or his parents or grandparents were born.

Eldest son gets the bulk of the estate. Younger sons went into politics, the church or the army. That was how it went historically. The women were worse off, dependent on their father or eldest brother for some respectable dowry that would enable them to get a husband. If Dad or big brother gambled away the family fortune, they were out of luck. If there was no son and dad died, the estate went to the next male relative and widow and daughters were tossed out to live in some cottage, if lucky.

But then, I guess Harry never read Jane Austen. And, I suspect, despite claims to the contrary about her so-called expensive education that Sparkle had other things to do besides hitting the books. Much less reading them.

All this stuff about poor Harry and his jealousy - if true - makes him appear an even bigger dope than the displays of his wife emasculating him.

Poor Harry? Bunk.

by Anonymousreply 74June 17, 2019 10:12 PM

R70 - "She had a number of very wealthy suitors, including the heir to the Dukedom of Buccleuch, with its massive holdings in Scotland and its dozen or so subsidiary titles--no need for the Queen to rustle up a title for Johnny Dalkeith!"

That would have been quite interesting, as Princess Alice, who married Henry, Duke of Gloucester (third son of King George V and Queen Mary), was the daughter of the Duke of Buccleuch. (For Yanks - it's pronounced Buckley.) She was born Alice Christabel Montagu Douglas Scott. Her father the Duke at the time was the largest landowner in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 75June 17, 2019 10:13 PM

R72 I don't think the fact that Harry is richer than any of could ever imagine is the point. The point is that no matter how much he has William will always have more. And when he becomes POW he will have A LOT more. A when William become king not only will he be rich beyond belief he'll control the purse strings too.

I definitely think Harry resents the hell out of that. And is a big reason he was so willing to go along with Meg's strategy to bring the Cambridges down a notch or two by releasing the Rose rumors.

It's been said that Diana really tried to treat her sons as equals. I get where she was coming from. Harry wasn't any less loved or anything like that just because he was the younger son. But the Queen Mum apparently didn't approve of that approach because she believed that Harry really did need to learn and accept that the future held different roles for the brothers. If he accepted that a long time ago he'd probably be happier now.

by Anonymousreply 76June 17, 2019 10:20 PM

More on the Buccleuchs:

"The current Duke of Buccleuch, Richard Scott, the 10th Duke, is the largest private landowner in Scotland with some 280,000 acres (1,100 km2)[4] and chairman of the Buccleuch Group, a holding company with interests in commercial property, rural affairs, food, and beverages. The title originally comes from a holding in the Scottish Borders, near Selkirk.

The family seats are Bowhill House, three miles outside Selkirk, representing the Scott line; Drumlanrig Castle in Dumfries and Galloway, representing the Douglas line; and Boughton House in Northamptonshire, England, representing the Montagu line. These three houses are still lived in by the family and are also open to the public. The family also owns Dalkeith Palace in Midlothian, which is let, and has owned several other country houses and castles in the past. "

I would say Princess Margaret was a right fool. She probably looked at his hawkish beak and sandy hair and turned her nose up at it. He married a beautiful model, I forget the name. I believe they remained married. He died in 2007. She could have been HRH Princess Margaret, Duchess of Buccleuch, Countess of Dalkeith, Douglas, Scott, and Montagu.

by Anonymousreply 77June 17, 2019 10:23 PM

I read a biography of Margaret where one of her friends said that if George VI had lived a bit longer, he'd have convinced Margaret to marry Johnny Dalkeith. Johnny was a tweed-and-guns bluff country bloke, but as much as he may have bored her, he never would have tortured her and humiliated her as Snowdon did.

And yes, rather than begging for her BRF income and civil list money, she could have rolled around in her piles and piles of Scottish dosh. She could have done the same thing married to Billy Wallace. No title (though the Queen would probably have given Billy one), but tons of cash and Billy even died young, so if she didn't like him she would have been a very rich and respectable widow.

by Anonymousreply 78June 17, 2019 10:27 PM

R72 - You have no idea how happy he is or isn't, and judging by his glum expression in the carriage at the TTC, I would say reality is setting in slowly. They've only been married one year, and no one knows yet the impact on him of seeing the former hottie turned into plump Mum obsessed with baby.

The public didn't know the Wales marriage was a disaster from the honeymoon onward until much later, either. Oh, those lovey photos of them on the banks of the Dee that August, Diana in that wonderful Bill Pashley plaid ensemble with her ballet flats and her tan, the rapturous trip to Wales, the couple coming out of the Lindo Wing with William in their arms, the tour Down Under where Diana wow'ed the crowds . . . .

Charles looked happy, too.

He wasn't. It was over shortly after Harry was born.

by Anonymousreply 79June 17, 2019 10:34 PM

R78 - Margaret probably did Dalkeith a favour. She'd have made him miserable. The Hartnell model he married, Jane McNeil, came from a distinguished family (nothing on his level, of course) was a devoted wife. Her husband didn't accede to the title until 1973. However, Dalkeith was thrown off a horse in 1971, and was paralysed from the chest down. He carried on with his career as an MP in the House of Commons through Lady Dalkeith's perseverance. When her father-in-law finally died in 1973, Jane finally became Duchess of Buccleuch and Queensberry. She took courses in conservation so she could get involved with the estate's management.

I don't see Margaret putting all that into it, do you? Johnny Dalkeith made the right decision, I think.

by Anonymousreply 80June 17, 2019 10:40 PM

R79 Are you really that dumb? You just described the Cambs! The cambs are the ones grinning like maniacs putting on a show and showing off their homely kids, just like charles and diana did.

Wake up you dumb frau. The cambs marriage is imploding before our very eyes but you're busy obsessing over the sussexes who are doing more than okay and actually married out of love.

by Anonymousreply 81June 17, 2019 10:43 PM

R79 I was just a kid so I wasn't watching Charles and Diana when they were together but looking at pics of them together the body language isn't that of a happy couple in most of them. Of course this is all looking back knowing what we know now so it's pretty obvious in retrospect. I think royal watchers at the time were dazzled by Diana and wanted to believe the fairy tale so they didn't notice all of the signs they weren't a good match and weren't happy together. The body language Charles has with Cam is much, much different. So much more comfortable together when he and Diana never were.

Meghan only has retards dazzled. So most people see the writing on the wall where the Sussex marriage is concerned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 17, 2019 10:48 PM

[quote] I don't think the fact that Harry is richer than any of could ever imagine is the point.

That's not your point R76. It is mine. There were several comments about Archie's long term prospects that seemed to suggest he was hard done by because he won't have George's wealth. He's rich. He is likely to remain rich. I'm a glass half full kinda person. You're welcome to compare the Sussexes to all the people richer than them and find them wanting.

R79 I don't know how happy Harry is, but in the last year he has had more positive expressions about his marital choices than not. The Cambridges looked glum as all hell on that family day out with the Tindalls right after the Rose rumours surfaced, but I wouldn't say they're headed for divorce court. They seem to be doing fine by most recent accounts. A single tiff on the Buck House balcony isn't a death knell for the Sussex marriage. And I say that with the firm belief that, given their start, even without the trappings of the BRF, their marriage is likely to last 3-5 years under normal circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 83June 17, 2019 10:49 PM

Harry was really grumpy during the carriage ride and on the balcony at TTC. It must have rankled that he had to share a carriage with Kate and Camilla while Will, Charles, Andrew and Anne rode horses. Also, he and Meghan were seated with their backs to the horses.

Unfortunately, he took his bad mood out on his wife. I suspect that will be a pattern for him.

by Anonymousreply 84June 17, 2019 10:52 PM

R79, I wasn't around for the Charles and Diana years, but my mum says it was always obvious that they weren't really in love. I don't know if she's the exception or if other people picked up on it as well.

by Anonymousreply 85June 17, 2019 10:53 PM

I think tiffs are common between any married couple. However, snapping at your wife in front of the world and your entire family either speaks to tensions bubbling below the surface and/or the behaviour of a first-class lout, however much I may dislike his wife. You don't do that on the balcony of BP at the TTC with your family crowded around. He was glum before he got out onto the balcony. He didn't even smile at his wife or look at her as she chattered away to Kate. Camilla didn't look at Meghan, either. It wasn't a good day for the Sussexes.

R85 - The world picked up on it at the engagement photocall when Charles said with a very nasty smile, "Yes - whatever in love means," when a reporter asked the couple if they were "in love". Diana, naturally, replied, "Of course!"

The fact that she went through with it after that, and that the public swiftly put it out of mind, tells you how invested the public were in this relationship. Only later, when the storm broke, was Charles's slip dredged up. When asked later what Diana's reaction to the ugly statement was, she said, "Well, I thought, least said, soonest mended."

She wanted to marry him that badly.

Comes under . . .

by Anonymousreply 86June 17, 2019 10:59 PM

R85, my mother also thought it was obvious from the get-go that Charles and Diana's relationship was strained and a mismatch.

by Anonymousreply 87June 17, 2019 11:01 PM

R86 I dunno if she wanted to marry him that badly. There were stories about her wanting to back out and her sister saying it was too late, that her face was already on the tea towels.

by Anonymousreply 88June 17, 2019 11:03 PM

She wanted the prince of wales more than she wanted Charles, which of course was never going to end well.

by Anonymousreply 89June 17, 2019 11:05 PM

R40 Agreed. Diana is a bit too thin here, but otherwise her look is good. The dress is a pretty - if trendy - design, and that shade of blue perfectly matches her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 90June 17, 2019 11:08 PM

R29 Prince Harry received a large inheritance from both Princess Diana and the Queen Mum. He lives off the income of his investments.

William and Harry were set to share about £14 million ($17.9 million) from their late great-grandmother. However, "bulk of the cash" went to Harry because his brother "will benefit financially by becoming king," the BBC added.

William and Harry also received a hefty inheritance from their late mother, Princess Diana, who died in 1997. She left behind nearly £13 million ($16.7 million) for her boys to split evenly, but the sum was reduced to about £8 million ($10.3 million) after "death duties," according to Mirror. They got some of the money when they were 25, but had to wait until they were 30 to receive the full sum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 17, 2019 11:19 PM

R91, I think the point is that, regardless of the exact amount of Harry's inheritance, it is small potatoes compared to the wealth of those in his social circle and the income William will receive as POW. His wealth will always be a fraction of the wealth of his peers and his brother unless HM or Charles veers off course and leaves him a huge sum.

by Anonymousreply 92June 17, 2019 11:48 PM

They aren't going to leave him anything massive because that gets taxes, but things left to the crown doesn't. It would also necessitate going against centuries of tradition all for poor little dim harry, who brought someone universally disliked into the family despite the warnings.

by Anonymousreply 93June 17, 2019 11:54 PM

R88 - Those stories about Diana wanting to back out I think were very much more of Diana's rewrite when things went south. She'd spent all her teen years, from 15 onwards, scheming to and dreaming of marrying Charles. I will say I think both parties realised in the engagement phase that they were going to have to readjust their rose-coloured specgtacles. But I doubt Diana ever seriously considered pulling out for a moment. The social implications for her at the time were dire. No, they were both caught between the Devil and the deep blue sea and they both knew it.

by Anonymousreply 94June 18, 2019 12:13 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 18, 2019 12:52 AM

I find it bothersome that Harry just chose the uniform he wanted to wear on his wedding day, rather than it reflecting an actual position he held. Am I missing something here?

[quote] I chose the frock coat as a uniform, with permission from my grandmother, because I think it’s one of the smartest Household Cavalry uniforms,” Harry explained on the audio guide. “It’s one of my favorites, and I was very fortunate to be able to wear that on the day.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 18, 2019 12:55 AM

There's video of the Dalkeith wedding in Edinburgh in 1953. Guests included The Queen, Prince Philip and Princess Margaret, among others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 18, 2019 12:55 AM

Dalkeith and his wife Jane. She was lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 18, 2019 12:59 AM

At R96, My comment is also true of William. He wore a uniform reflecting an honorary appointment. From my vantage point, it dishonors those who actually earned the uniform, but do the British see it differently?

by Anonymousreply 99June 18, 2019 1:06 AM

I had not realized, until today, how much heavy lifting Lainey has done re: the Rose story (several lengthy pieces). Of course it is known that Lainey is a Toronto based chum of our Rach and of her bosom buddy, Jess. Nothing fishy there a tall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 18, 2019 1:09 AM

Lainey and "heavy lifting" don't belong in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 101June 18, 2019 1:15 AM

Pushing the story in more than half a dozen lengthy pieces (there may be more, I could not be arsed to scroll further) counts as heavy PR lifting in my book. YMMV.

For the few still wondering about the source and timing of the story...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 18, 2019 1:35 AM

R94 Spot on. Diana was after Charles as a teenager and was very jealous when her sister was dating him. She was very emotionally immature unfortunately and was more interested in being the wife of the future King. I am old enough to remember the whole engagement, wedding and subsequent drama but I can honestly say I really don't think there was anyone who actually believed that Charles was madly in love with her. I think most people got the idea that he was forced to settle down with a suitable virgin bride. That's not to say we didn't all love the whole "normal girl" marrying a prince thing but I don't think anyone was shocked when the marriage fell apart. The shock about Charles and Diana was how it was played out in the press and how nasty is was.

I think more people were shocked when Andrew and Fergie announced their separation because they seemed genuinely in love.

by Anonymousreply 103June 18, 2019 1:36 AM

R102, To be fair, you didn't say heavy PR lifting in your original post, just heavy lifting.

by Anonymousreply 104June 18, 2019 1:42 AM

I'm one of the posters here who don't know nor care to know about Lainey, Kaiser (?), and Skippy, etc.. names that get mentioned in this long-running thread that refer to Meg's supporters/ detractors. I still don't want to visit these sites to see what's what, just have no desire to duo that. But do they have that much pull in the narrative? I'm vaguely aware that the Lainey woman runs a gossip blog, but now you're saying she's in that circle that Meghan was in and possibly even friends? If that's the case then no wonder the Cambridges and rest of family hate Meghan. Meghan has shown that she allows her "friends" to speak on her behalf, so how far off can it be that she's egging this Lainey woman to spread gossip with the intention of dragging down the Cambridges, and by extension elevating the Sussex brand?

by Anonymousreply 105June 18, 2019 1:43 AM

PR was busy today. We all saw this coming. Next she will figure out a way to monetize it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 18, 2019 1:43 AM

R102 = Welp Troll. Always says YMMV.

' In ten years Meghan is going to be pushing 50 and a joke. In ten years Kate is going to be Princess of Wales with a handsome 15 year old son now the next Heir.'

Nope. George will be at Eton where he'll never be papped and he isn't going to grow up handsome. Meghan and her 10 year old will still be getting over four times as many IG likes. Archie and Meghan have global appeal, unlike the staid Kate.

by Anonymousreply 107June 18, 2019 1:44 AM

R106 Some women's faces still look fantastic with extra weight gain, but Meghan is not one of them. Her face with just a little bit of extra weight puts her squarely into the middle-age frau category.

by Anonymousreply 108June 18, 2019 1:46 AM

R107, In 10 year's time, IG likes will be passé. IG will be passé.

by Anonymousreply 109June 18, 2019 1:47 AM

R105, the Rose story is in all the major papers already. Wills is known as an ugly adulterer.

Meghan hasn't done a thing. She's nesting with Archie, and Prince Bald and Replikate are far from her thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 110June 18, 2019 1:48 AM

R109, no IG will not be passe. Shame Meghan and Harry are four times as popular than Katiam.

by Anonymousreply 111June 18, 2019 1:49 AM

Meghan should stop stuffing her face and feed her kid. Poor Archie looks malnourished.

by Anonymousreply 112June 18, 2019 1:51 AM

Yes, R105. There is a photo of the Mulrooneys, Markus Anderson, Megan and Lainey all out having dinner in Toronto. I will post if when I see it again. Lainey was also the source for the slam at Kate, she did not offer me a ride story, even before the wedding.

That she has been flogging the Rose story so hard, so often actually surprised me, it seems so, well, obvious. Megs came in with the idea of trashing the Cambridges and uses her various mouthpieces, esp Lainey, to do so. Much like one of our resident trolls. It says more about Megs that she came up with or green lit this PR strategy, than it could ever say about her targets.

by Anonymousreply 113June 18, 2019 1:52 AM

Who cares about Lainey when the Mail has already run a huge William/Rose article? Meghan really doesn't care about Bald in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 114June 18, 2019 1:58 AM

This BI says that Meg wants to rush baby number two as fast as she can. It says there is "no mention of her husband being on board with this accelerated timeline" Of course he's not on board. If Meg gets pregnant again while still fat from the first baby there is no turning back, she's fat for life. And I'd say that this baby isn't happening. He may let her blow him because he can just think of Jennifer Aniston and her tie but he's not fucking her. He may wanna fuck old (mommy issues) but he's not gonna fuck fat so Meg is out of luck here unless there are frozen embryos or a sperm sample frozen at a fertility clinic somewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 18, 2019 2:01 AM

R113 Wow if they're in the same circle and hanging out as friends then that is despicable, and quite dumb, for Meghan to allow Lainey to spew rumors like that against Kate and William. I guess she knows that Kate isn't the type who goes online and measures self-worth via online gossip/ presence, so maybe she's allowing her friend to do this? She is truly pathological if that Lainey woman is doing this with her knowledge and possible collaboration.

by Anonymousreply 116June 18, 2019 2:01 AM

R95 - Thank you for the obit on Johnny Dalkeith's wife. She seems a far finer person than Margaret and she was certainly beautiful as a young woman. He was fortunate that Margaret wasn't interested in him.

by Anonymousreply 117June 18, 2019 2:05 AM

IVF twin girls incoming

by Anonymousreply 118June 18, 2019 2:06 AM

Welp Troll at R113, ALL your posts are so fucking obvious! You just posted on the One Direction thread that you think Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Nick Grimshaw were in a polyam relationship, and that really does sum up the state of your brain: a cauldron bubbling with every CT in existence.

Harry is not about to divorce M because he has sunk slightly in the UK popularity polls! What an utterly naive and juvenile assertion.

'X media outlet is a mouthpiece' is another of your favourite expressions. You truly believe royals/celebs control huge media institutions like the Mail and the Sun. Again, such unsophisticated reasoning.

by Anonymousreply 119June 18, 2019 2:06 AM

Some women especially older women who have their first baby later in life, do tend to want to pop them out one after the other. When I worked at the ICN, that was the classic pattern of older moms, literally their babies would be spaced out at 1 year or just little over 1 year but less than 2 years. So we'd see these 40 year-old moms with twins from fertility treatments, then we'd see them back again within 15 months period. I remember one mom telling me that she'd hoped to have kids in quick succession due to her age but that she can just lose the weight once and be done with it and get tummy tuck, mommy makeover. Can't do those things if you space out your pregnancies, also time consideration too. Fertility drops off steeply from age 40 onwards.

by Anonymousreply 120June 18, 2019 2:07 AM

Imagine Harry divorcing his wife when she'd just had a baby, as R113 predicts. He would plummet to the bottom of the popularity polls overnight.

by Anonymousreply 121June 18, 2019 2:10 AM

Yep. I've seen that picture. Laineys is indeed friends with Meghan. She was also the first to start the negative postings about the Cambridges. Where does she get these ideas if not from Meghan herself? We know Meghan encourages her "friends" to talk. It's how she stays relevant.

by Anonymousreply 122June 18, 2019 2:11 AM

Actually, at R21 , I loved that look on Diana (the sapphire thing around her forehead and the blue eye liner).

by Anonymousreply 123June 18, 2019 2:12 AM

R113 Is that the photo that you were referring to? Michael Buble is in the photo too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 18, 2019 2:12 AM

Why isn't Lainey's hit pieces being discussed in public, meaning why aren't people linking her too Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 125June 18, 2019 2:15 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 18, 2019 2:16 AM

A lot of people are, R125.

It is still not clear to me WHO is paying for all this PR? If the UK taxpayers, should they be funding attacks on the Cambridges?

If anyone comes across the photo of all of them out at dinner in Toronto, please post it.

by Anonymousreply 127June 18, 2019 2:22 AM

R97 - Loved the video of te Dalkeith wedding, thanks so much. Truly a bygone era.

by Anonymousreply 128June 18, 2019 2:34 AM

R75 - Replying to my own post way above, it has a typo in the actual pronunciation of Buccleuch - should be a "u" at the end, not a "y". It's "Buckleu". Sort of the way Chomondeley is "Chumley".

by Anonymousreply 129June 18, 2019 2:37 AM

A veritable tsunami of PR today. Likely trying to deflect from the piece in The Times about Phil warning Harry away.

Re: this bit, pics or it never happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 18, 2019 2:40 AM

She must really fell humiliated w/ the response to the balcony scenes + the phil story. I don't see this pr really working, she's isn't really the underdog story she sold

by Anonymousreply 131June 18, 2019 2:44 AM

I wonder if Queen Letizia is always hiding a chuckle. She looks fabulous for $500 and people love that. Kate and Maxima looks great too--for many thousands each. It sort of says, "I look great in anything where you have to spend 20x as much." For all we know, she has her $250 frocks completely remade and custom fitted--but they are still clothes with which the public can identify. Kate wears a dress twice in five years and the Brits fall apart at her thriftiness. Catherine Walker must be able to make those coat dresses in her sleep. The one today would have been nice had it used simple black piping instead of some sort of something that looked like ric-rac.

by Anonymousreply 132June 18, 2019 2:56 AM

Lainey's "pieces" aren't being discussed "in public" because she is a horrible writer and is dull as dishwater.

by Anonymousreply 133June 18, 2019 3:05 AM

R132 Letizia wears a lot of Carolina Herrera and Hugo Boss and they aren't cheap, she mixes it up just like Kate and Maxima. In fact all the Queens and Princesses in Europe tend to wear a mix of designer and mid priced high street fashion. The only one who doesn't do this is MM. Her clothes budget exceeds all of the other euro royal women. If only MM would look at someone like Letizia, Kate, CP Victoria or CP Mary and behaved like they did, maybe she would be liked by actual people in Britain rather than crazies and bots on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 134June 18, 2019 3:10 AM

So Harry did not attend the Garter ceremony despite supposedly living a stone's throw from St. George's Chapel? I realize Eugene and Beatrice weren't there either (at least I saw no pictures or read reports of their attendance), but Harry is the son and brother of future kings and possible future recipient (if he gets his act together) of the honor. Funny that he made his appearance at Gabriella Windsor's wedding when she had been pointedly omitted from his wedding and his presence looked slightly odd. It was almost as though he went to reassure himself that he was still an accepted member of the family. Yet, he was absent here.

by Anonymousreply 135June 18, 2019 3:10 AM

R132, Catherine Walker died in 2010. Presumably her fashion house lives on.

R133, agree, Lainey is a wretched writer, subliterate and devoid of any wit and verve.

by Anonymousreply 136June 18, 2019 3:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 18, 2019 3:18 AM

^an American tourist

[quote]Lainey is a wretched writer, subliterate and devoid of any wit and verve.

What makes this funnier is that a week or two ago, her column criticized all of the grammatical mistakes in the Royal Susses blog (not just the American spelling and punctuation).

by Anonymousreply 138June 18, 2019 3:20 AM

R135 Harry doesn't usually attend the Order of the Garter ceremony. He attended in 2008 when William was invested. That's the only time I think he's attended. It's by invitation. I can't see why he would be invited since he isn't a member.

by Anonymousreply 139June 18, 2019 3:20 AM

R135, Harry is abroad, it is something to do with a landmine campaign. He could not have attended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 18, 2019 3:21 AM

His hair looks like a sad animal.

by Anonymousreply 141June 18, 2019 3:39 AM

Or a matted plush toy.

by Anonymousreply 142June 18, 2019 3:40 AM

R140 He gave that speech in London so he's not abroad, he lives in Windsor so the Garter ceremony was at his back door.

by Anonymousreply 143June 18, 2019 3:49 AM

Thanks, R139. I didn't know he's not a regular attendee. I assumed senior royals' attendance was the usual.

by Anonymousreply 144June 18, 2019 3:55 AM

R103 I'm another one old enough to remember the whole engagement and events going forward. I too was shocked over how it played out in the press, especially Diana's Panorama interview. AT THE TIME, the lack of propriety displayed by the Princess of Wales, with all the drama, public disclosures and piercing of the mystique was astonishing and tiresome. Not until later did the public learn the extent of Diana's own infidelities. Yet she was so pious, made herself out as the victim and really manipulated the gullible public and press.

by Anonymousreply 145June 18, 2019 4:10 AM

Page Six's front page headline: ROYAL SPLIT COMING THIS WEEK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 18, 2019 4:12 AM

I'm racking my brains trying to think of a medical disorder that makes the eyes more close set than is baseline, like Harry there in R140 photo link. But there isn't one so it's likely just Harry growing more gnome-like and getting more bald at an accelerated rate. His eyes are now so close-set that he'll be seeing double soon if they get any closer.

by Anonymousreply 147June 18, 2019 4:28 AM

Put down the wine R48 and get thee to bed!

"If Charles ascends the throne then Harry will get a long term lease on some royal property or be gifted a property outright like Andrew, Edward and Anne all received with Betty.

Archie will have many options for income generation if he's smart. One of the good things about William's and Harry's decisions to marry "commoners" is that their wives are likely to be of resilient stock. It takes a certain mental strength to successfully navigate all the landmines on the path from dating a prince to marrying one"

1 - WHEN Charles ascends the throne 2 - If Archie's smart depends to some extent upon his genes and breeding. Odds are against him. His father had literally every advantage in the world and had to be hauled kicking and screaming across the O levels. 3 - Marrying outside has shown mixed results. Earl of Snowden? No. Captain Phillips? No. Diana? No. Fergie? No. Sophie? Yes, actually. Kate? Yes, actually. Meghan? No.

by Anonymousreply 148June 18, 2019 4:36 AM

[quote] The Sussex dukedom is just a title: There is no estate and not much money, at least by Royal standards

You people are such idiots. Harry will inherit from Charles. He will probably get High Grove. Camilla already has her own house. Charles has already set up trust funds for Camilla's children. William has his own country house.

Charles has his own personal money that is separate from the Duchy. And when he becomes King he will have a few billion dollars that belongs to the Queen that will pass to him tax free. Harry and his family will be set financially

by Anonymousreply 149June 18, 2019 4:37 AM

R58 - Hee, indeed! If Meg meant it, then she wouldn't fashion herself HRH then, would she?

by Anonymousreply 150June 18, 2019 4:39 AM

R71 has it.

I wonder how proud Archie will be of the photos of his mum wearing her own take on the order of the garter?

by Anonymousreply 151June 18, 2019 4:45 AM

[quote] WHEN Charles ascends the throne 2 - If Archie's smart depends to some extent upon his genes and breeding. Odds are against him. His father had literally every advantage in the world and had to be hauled kicking and screaming across the O levels

No one in the royal family is what anyone would call intelligent. We all know Harry is dumb. But so are the rest of the Windsors. William and Kate graduated with C's. They chose an undemanding major (the History of Art, not even Art History). Edward and Charles only got accepted to University because of who their mother is. Charles graduated with almost a D or maybe it was a D. And a professor wanted to go on strike when Edward got accepted into university because his grades were so bad, if not for his mother (who only has about an 8th grade education) his application would have been discarded the day it arrived at the school. The one York sister was turned down until it was pointed out she was the Queen's granddaughter. Then she got accepted. And it's all fine, none of them needs an education. But don't act like they are smart or even semi-intelligent. Because they aren't and you are living in a fantasy world if you think any of them are

I used to laugh when they said Diana was dumb. One of Charles professors basically said they gave him a degree and that he wasn't what anyone would call smart

by Anonymousreply 152June 18, 2019 4:49 AM

R96 Are you completely serious? That's not his actual uniform? He just borrowed it to be pretty?

Oh what a prince among kings.

by Anonymousreply 153June 18, 2019 4:55 AM

Meghan is worse than I thought if she's planting Kate and Will stories in the press! There's nothing like narcissistic rage. What a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 154June 18, 2019 5:02 AM

R106, so she had a clause in her 1st marriage so that her husband would pay to help her get back into shape. Now we're supposed to believe that she's so zen she's decided to be fat by choice.

If my eyes rolled any harder they'd be halfway across the floor.

by Anonymousreply 155June 18, 2019 5:05 AM

R140, R141, R142 - Or the muppet Fozzie Bear

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 18, 2019 5:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 18, 2019 5:43 AM

Why does Archie look so scared?

by Anonymousreply 158June 18, 2019 6:09 AM

Meghan is probably yelling in the background at Handbag to get the picture right. Poor baby.

by Anonymousreply 159June 18, 2019 6:11 AM

The wedding ring and bracelet in the picture isn't Prince Harry's and neither is the man's arm and hand.

by Anonymousreply 160June 18, 2019 6:17 AM

Can someone with a Times login post the text of the "Phil Told Harry Not To Wife Up The Actress" story? For some reason I thought it was the DM who printed it, but it sounds like it was originally the UK Times? That's juicier.

by Anonymousreply 161June 18, 2019 6:33 AM

Story is spreading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 18, 2019 6:58 AM

'Why isn't Lainey's hit pieces being discussed in public, meaning why aren't people linking her too Meghan?'

Oh, dear. The illiterati are out in force today.

by Anonymousreply 163June 18, 2019 7:55 AM

I know the royals have always been fair game for scrutiny and judgement, but if I had to read about myself, my husband or my marriage, what has been written about the HazBeans over the last 18 months, I think I'd want to kill myself.

I can't imagine how it could be worth it for MM. She had what looked like a great life before she met PH.

by Anonymousreply 164June 18, 2019 8:00 AM

'William and Kate graduated with C's. They chose an undemanding major (the History of Art, not even Art History). Edward and Charles only got accepted to University because of who their mother is. Charles graduated with almost a D or maybe it was a D. '

This has to be one of the most stupid posts on here. University graduates in the UK are awarded classes of degree, not grades. A First Class Hons degree is top, then a 2:1, then a 2:2 and then a third class degree.

A levels (taken at 18) are awarded grades A-E. And Harry would have taken GCSEs as O levels were phased out in the late 80s.

by Anonymousreply 165June 18, 2019 8:08 AM

'I know the royals have always been fair game for scrutiny and judgement, but if I had to read about myself, my husband or my marriage, what has been written about the HazBeans over the last 18 months, I think I'd want to kill myself.'

The worst slander is on social media. Meg's not searching her name on Twitter, DL, Celebitchy or blind sites, and nor will she be taking trash press like the Express and the National Enquirer seriously.

IG is what she loves and she has nearly 3m likes on her picture of Archie. Even Kylie Jenner with 120m followers doesn't get that many. She'll be delighted.

by Anonymousreply 166June 18, 2019 8:37 AM

Really, R166? She doesn't read the tabs or broadsheets either?

by Anonymousreply 167June 18, 2019 9:11 AM

Someone mentioned in one of the Gloria Vanderbilt threads something I had known but hadn't thought about. Gloria's aunt was Thelma, Viscountess Furness. In the early 1930s she was the mistress of Edward VIII, who was then Prince of Wales. At one point she needed to return to the US for a few months to see her twin sister Gloria (our Gloria's mother) and she asked her close friend Wallis Simpson to keep the Prince company in her absence. By the time she returned to England, she found that she was out and Wallis was in.

by Anonymousreply 168June 18, 2019 9:16 AM

For the poster who wanted the picture of MM with Lainey, here is the direct link to the image at Jessica Fishface's Insta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 18, 2019 9:16 AM

Harry didn't attend the ceremony as quite simply he is not a Knight of the Garter.

If Harry wasn't invited, neither would his wife be.

Harry won't attend until he is given the honour when Charles is King ( if either of them last that long....)

Meghan STILL DOESN'T GET IT and has her PR busy spinning this morning, claiming she was too emotional and chaotic, being a new mum, to attend.

by Anonymousreply 170June 18, 2019 9:21 AM

Maxima and Letizia are to attend Ascot!

Well, this has just upped the hat game. Bring it on!

I did have a feeling they would be guests there, while they are in the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 18, 2019 9:48 AM

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan of Kate's white outfit (and I say that as a Kate lover!) The piping should have been a simple black stripe as opposed to rick rack. The rick rack with the Peter Pan collar and the little flippy skirt just looked...silly, and a little blah. I'm not sure I love her in white white; winter whites look a bit better with her coloring. Having said all THAT, I did love the Prada pumps and the hat.

by Anonymousreply 172June 18, 2019 9:54 AM

From a distance it looks like Charlotte got into Kate's closet with a magic marker. A rare misfire for Kate.

by Anonymousreply 173June 18, 2019 10:04 AM

Royal Ascot fans.

The Queen will be attending each of the five days , starting from today, and the procession of open-top carriages signalling the arrival of the Royal party is at 2pm ( UK time ) each afternoon.

Live coverage on ITV/ITV4 (Tuesday), ITV (Wednesday), ITV4 (Thursday), ITV/ITV4 (Friday/Saturday).

Royal Ascot free live stream via the ITV Hub on web and app (if anyone is being sneaky at work).

by Anonymousreply 174June 18, 2019 10:12 AM

I hope we see Kate in one of her (many) beautiful white lace dresses. She seems to favor those for Ascot.

by Anonymousreply 175June 18, 2019 10:18 AM

R166, Signs show that MM and Prince Harry are separated. They weren't together on Father's Day. Instead we have Prince P's clear statement that he always considered MM an inappropriate choice of a wife for his grandson. The fact that various media are repeating this story is IMHO very telling.

Also we know that MM discussed separation and/or divorce while in NY, and was one of her reasons for not holding her baby shower in her new homeland. After all she went RE shopping in NY with Serena.

by Anonymousreply 176June 18, 2019 10:31 AM

From the IB Times link above - this is absurdly silly. People like Kate and William because they are not overtly MENTAL and because their roles have actual import. One day soon, IG will be ovah, from what shallow trifle will Me-Gain attempt to salvage meaning then?

Following their separation, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their new official account on Instagram. Just hours after their announcement, the couple gained millions of followers. However, Prince William and Middleton remain more popular because they have over 700,000 more followers.

Prince Harry and Markle are reportedly hiring new staff to catch up on Prince William and Middleton’s popularity. The new staff will work on their social media accounts with the goal of boosting the couple’s global image and encouraging more followers.

by Anonymousreply 177June 18, 2019 10:56 AM

R176, so a Father's Day picture of Harry holding Archie is a 'sign' for you that they've separated, is it? Okay.

98 year old Philip telling Harry not to marry the divorced American actress is no surprise at all. It would have been more surprising if he'd approved. In Philip's day, divorcees and Americans and actresses were all persona non gratis. Fortunately, things have changed and Philip's dementia related ramblings are humored, then ignored - by the Queen, Charles and his sons.

You desperately want them to have separated, but they are still together, still happy, planning the year to ensure they go on plenty of overseas tours.

by Anonymousreply 178June 18, 2019 11:00 AM

The more her personality is revealed, the more Harry must want to throw up in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 179June 18, 2019 11:02 AM

The way she treated her father is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 180June 18, 2019 11:06 AM

R178, Clearly NOT Prince Harry in the picture as I already stated.

by Anonymousreply 181June 18, 2019 11:06 AM

'However, Prince William and Middleton remain more popular because they have over 700,000 more followers.'

The KR account has been up for years, the Sussex one for less than three months, so SR will soon overtake. SR gets four times as many likes and comments than KR when they post for the same occasion.

Exceedingly naive of you to think people will stop using Instagram to promote their brand for free. There is absolutely no hint of Instagram declining in popularity. The media also use it as a first port of call for articles and photographs.

by Anonymousreply 182June 18, 2019 11:06 AM

The troll saying that one day Instagram won't be popular anymore is comedy gold. Instagram is holding steady as the 15th most popular website in the world.

by Anonymousreply 183June 18, 2019 11:10 AM

We know that if Replikate was getting 2m more likes than Meghan, the trolls would be screaming it from the rooftops.

by Anonymousreply 184June 18, 2019 11:12 AM

'The way she treated her father is terrible'

He was the one selling interviews about her for $$$$$$ to the Sun and the Mail. Sit down interviews with videos, saying she 'looked scared' and causing maximum drama.

If MM had done bitchy interviews about a family member you would all be in a circle, howling at the moon. They are estranged and will continue to be so until he stops writing open letters to the press and being an indiscreet fame hoe.

by Anonymousreply 185June 18, 2019 11:16 AM

Undeniable proof that's it's the hand of MM BFF's husband in the photo. Twitter users found an almost identical photo of the Mulroney's on the internet. Clearly there's photo shopping involved too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 18, 2019 11:19 AM

I see Meg crazies have descended here. Maybe some from cb.

by Anonymousreply 187June 18, 2019 11:22 AM

She'd photoshop her entire life if she could.

by Anonymousreply 188June 18, 2019 11:22 AM

Oh R186, you're a crackpot Skippie! There is no proof there at all. Perhaps you could link to the picture of Jessica's you say she has stolen? For some reason you can't, can you? Because it is completely different.

by Anonymousreply 189June 18, 2019 11:24 AM

Sepia toned to disguise skin and arm hair colour. Harry has very pink skin, Ben does not, nor red hair. Harry's fingers are much stubbier than those in photo. Also, the baby is very likely to be a different shade (darker) than the reborn doll they presented in the beginning. Sepia tone hides this very, very well

Also it's not Harry's ring on the man's finger. Surprisingly Prince Harry and Ben M wear identical bracelets. Now why would that be true?

by Anonymousreply 190June 18, 2019 11:25 AM

I miss Lainey’s old blog and persona, when she didn’t take herself seriously and she delivered good stuff. Now she’s trying to be uber-professional at the same time she doesn’t disclose her conflict of interest re Meghan (it’s not just that she knows MM personally, but Ben Mulroney is her boss, she has a clear financial obligation to a family that has professional ties to MM).

Add the “it’s not Harry’s hand” theory to the pile of tin hat shit alongside “they’re using a surrogate” and “the baby has a disorder.” Why engage in this implausible thinking when there are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike Meghan (the THIRST and poor taste alone...)? It makes you sound unwell.

by Anonymousreply 191June 18, 2019 11:30 AM

r186 the second photo that surfaced and was alleged to be the original turned out to be a photoshop. It was was created by someone in a private anti-MeAgain Facebook group to show the members how easy it is to create a convincing fake. It was never supposed to be seen outside the private group but somebody leaked it. Both Skippy and Sweetpete covered the whole drama.

Here are close ups of Harry's actual ring from Hello magazine. Looks like the one in the Father's day photo to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 18, 2019 11:32 AM

R190, you are mentally ill and belong in a psych ward. No photo exists of Ben's hand in that position, does it? His hands and arms are not as hairy. Archie's skin tone in the Windsor video was gold/pink and it's unlikely to have altered.

What other demented CTs do you believe in? Charmie? Larrie? False flags? I would hate to have a brain so naive and susceptible as yours. You are not fit to walk the streets alone.

by Anonymousreply 193June 18, 2019 11:32 AM

R189, There's a ton of proof on the internet as I'm discovering. Will report what I find.

Initially I wished MM & Prince Harry a very long marriage after their engagement. However seeing their totally different attitudes and words and lack of disconnect in their carriage ride leaving their wedding, I stated on DL that their marriage would be in serious trouble within one year. I hope I"m wrong but signs don't look very good.

by Anonymousreply 194June 18, 2019 11:33 AM

Does the Queen even like pizza? LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 18, 2019 11:36 AM

'However seeing their totally different attitudes and words and lack of disconnect in their carriage ride leaving their wedding, I stated on DL that their marriage would be in serious trouble within one year. I hope I"m wrong...'

Your brain isn't working properly. 'Lack of disconnect' means they were close in the carriage. The one with the real disconnect at the TTC were K and W. Angry faced in the car and then he chose to ride a horse to get away from her.

by Anonymousreply 196June 18, 2019 11:37 AM

'There's a ton of proof on the internet'

Nobody of sound mind places 'proof' and 'internet' in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 197June 18, 2019 11:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 18, 2019 11:40 AM

The internet does prove something.

That Meg stans are as thick as pig shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 18, 2019 11:41 AM

R197, Just compare the 2 pictures of Harry's hand and the one in the sepia-toned picture. Anyone can tell it's not the same hand. Have a good night, and enjoy being obstinate despite proof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 18, 2019 11:42 AM

R195, That's too, too funny. QE II has banned garlic from the Royal kitchen. How can she like pizza?

by Anonymousreply 201June 18, 2019 11:44 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 18, 2019 11:44 AM

'Ascot officials should clamp down on what the ladies wear to the races. Some of them shouldn't be refused entry.'

R199, R198, R200, you keep making very basic mistakes in your writing. I suggest you visit your GP and ask for a dementia assessment.

by Anonymousreply 203June 18, 2019 11:44 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 18, 2019 11:46 AM

It's Hat Week everybody! Yippee! I'll be watching closely for the incomparable millinery stylings of none other than Meg Markle!

by Anonymousreply 205June 18, 2019 11:49 AM

I don't expect her to attend this year so can we re-visit the disaster that was Meghan's ascot dress from last year?

How does she always get it so wrong?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 18, 2019 11:52 AM

I wonder if Duchess Tattoo will attend? She could have hidden her girth in that enormous pink and green number.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 18, 2019 11:52 AM

Diana and Anne at Ascot. They both look quite lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 18, 2019 11:53 AM

Harry's hands are hairy - proof for the dementia afflicted Ben Mulroney troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209June 18, 2019 11:54 AM

The Queen Mother (then the Duchess of York) with her two daughters, Elizabeth and Margaret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 18, 2019 11:55 AM

Pregnant Diana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 18, 2019 11:56 AM

They seem to purposely encourage conspiracy theories to keep people talking, first with the weirdness around the birth, then with him pressing on the arm of the unmoving baby, now the odd photo. Any PR is good PR in their books.

by Anonymousreply 212June 18, 2019 11:57 AM

The Queen and Princess Margaret at Ascot in the fifties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 18, 2019 11:57 AM

Meg is a typical example of a petite 5 ft 4 girl trying to wear couture which is designed for willowy 5 ft 8 women. She doesn't suit midi skirts and dresses, they swamp her.

by Anonymousreply 214June 18, 2019 11:57 AM

Carriage List.

1st Carriage

THE QUEEN The King of the Netherlands The Queen of the Netherlands The Duke of York

2nd Carriage

|The Prince of Wales The Duchess of Cornwall The Duke of Cambridge The Duchess of Cambridge

3rd Carriage

The Princess Royal The Lord de Mauley The Earl of Wessex The Countess of Wessex

4th Carriage

Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy The Rt. Hon. Edward Young Princess Beatrice of York Princess Eugenie of York

by Anonymousreply 215June 18, 2019 11:57 AM

Why the fuck is Andrew in the first carriage?

by Anonymousreply 216June 18, 2019 11:59 AM

I hope the York girls wear HUGE hats.

by Anonymousreply 217June 18, 2019 12:00 PM

I hope the York girls wear HUGE hats.

by Anonymousreply 218June 18, 2019 12:00 PM

The then Duchess of York visiting a children's centre in the thirties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 18, 2019 12:00 PM

R216, he's been accompanying the Queen an awful lot, since Philip retired.

I think he's doing a good job of it.

by Anonymousreply 220June 18, 2019 12:01 PM

Because that's where his mother wants him R216

by Anonymousreply 221June 18, 2019 12:01 PM

'They seem to purposely encourage conspiracy theories to keep people talking, first with the weirdness around the birth, then with him pressing on the arm of the unmoving baby, now the odd photo. Any PR is good PR in their books'

How the hell is touching your own baby's arm 'weird'? Plus we now know she gave birth at the Portland so there is no mystery.

Seriously, Skippie, being credulous and dim enough to get drawn into these online CTs ( which are always similar: evil woman, hapless man, fake pregnancies and babies) is a sign of the mind breaking down.

You probably do have early onset Alzheimers.

by Anonymousreply 222June 18, 2019 12:01 PM

A birthday photo of Margaret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223June 18, 2019 12:02 PM

Was Crown Princess Mary of Denmark at the Garter ceremony? Where was she?

by Anonymousreply 224June 18, 2019 12:03 PM

I love the way the photo spam woman does nothing to defuse the crackpot ranting about silicon dolls and instead posts dozens of old photos of crazy alcoholic Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 225June 18, 2019 12:05 PM

Diana even looked good in a hood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 18, 2019 12:05 PM

Looking forward to seeing Sarah, Duchess of York, at Ascot. Oh yes, she’ll be there on her carefully planned walk back to the royal fold.

by Anonymousreply 227June 18, 2019 12:07 PM

Will and Kate at Ascot last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228June 18, 2019 12:08 PM

R224 - why would Mary of Denmark be at the Garter ceremony?

by Anonymousreply 229June 18, 2019 12:08 PM

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,

To the last syllable of recorded time.

And all our yesterdays have lighted trolls

The way to dusty death.

Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That struts and frets his hour upon Datalounge,

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by the Welp Troll, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

by Anonymousreply 230June 18, 2019 12:10 PM

R227 - Fergie will look like fool waving, laughing, gesturing wildly and trying NOT to fall over when she makes a deep curtsey as the Queen drives by in her carriage.

by Anonymousreply 231June 18, 2019 12:10 PM

How many flying saucer hats will there be?

How come Princess Narc, as you style her here, is still hidden away? Surely this insatiable fame whore would want to be seen at this prestigious event?

by Anonymousreply 232June 18, 2019 12:12 PM

It's on all week, no doubt she's still planning to attend at some point R232

by Anonymousreply 233June 18, 2019 12:15 PM

She'll probably be squeezing herself into the Queen's carriage.

by Anonymousreply 234June 18, 2019 12:15 PM

Squeezing being the appropriate word.

by Anonymousreply 235June 18, 2019 12:16 PM

You could probably fit four members of the RF on MM, these days. She could double up as an extra carriage.

by Anonymousreply 236June 18, 2019 12:17 PM

MeGain is too busy teaching the nanny how to be a nanny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237June 18, 2019 12:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 18, 2019 12:19 PM

R233, I doubt it. Woke types do not approve of horseracing.

Typical of the horse mad old queen to go for all five days. She probably gets her assistant to place plenty of bets and squawks away in her royal box as the poor nags near the finish line. She comes from Irish stock and they're all crooked as hell and obsessed with horseracing.

by Anonymousreply 239June 18, 2019 12:21 PM

Uurgh that blazer on Bea at R238. Kate used to wear them in black. All.The.Time. Thank god times have changed.

R239 Duchess Wokier Than Woke was there last year. The year she infamously turned her back on the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 240June 18, 2019 12:22 PM

'You could probably fit four members of the RF on MM, these days. She could double up as an extra carriage.'

MM is still nowhere near as fat as the queen and vast Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 241June 18, 2019 12:23 PM

Degree wife? I am not sure that I give it 3 years. Who do we guess is the senior royal? Has to be a leaker. Andrew?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242June 18, 2019 12:23 PM

Do you think that Oprah and Fergie have reached out to Meghan about trying Weight Watchers?

by Anonymousreply 243June 18, 2019 12:26 PM

'Duchess Wokier Than Woke was there last year. The year she infamously turned her back on the Queen.'

Good for Meg! The queen is ridiculous. Meghan is enjoying her time away from the yellow toothed queen, Replikate and Prince Bald. She'll be seen at Archie's christening and then not again until October.

by Anonymousreply 244June 18, 2019 12:26 PM

If she can fit through the doors of the chapel R244

by Anonymousreply 245June 18, 2019 12:30 PM

R132 - The British monarchy is much, much richer than the Spanish monarchy, for one thing. For another, the Spanish electorate is far less tolerant and more left-leaning than the British one, and the Spanish monarchy has ccome in for increasing criticism and have to be very careful, particularly in light of recent scandals that forced King Juan Carlos to abidate in favour of his son, Felipe, and last don't kid yourself: Letizia has plenty of very expensive clothes and also access to a fair amount of Class One Queen Jewellery. Her mother in law is the sister of ex-King Constantine of Greece, whose wife is the younger sister of the Queen of Denmark, and Letizia can boast giant tiaras with the best of them. And, Letizia has a reputation in Spain for being cold, imperious, and leading her tall handsome hubby around by the nose.

by Anonymousreply 246June 18, 2019 12:30 PM

'Do you think that Oprah and Fergie have reached out to Meghan about trying Weight Watchers'

Weightwatchers didn't work for Fergie or Fugenie, did it? Now that the requisite six weeks are up, Meghan will have a personal trainer and start working out in earnest. She'll soon drop the weight. Fergie and Fugenie are fat for life.

by Anonymousreply 247June 18, 2019 12:30 PM

R245 - don't engage the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 248June 18, 2019 12:31 PM

R229 - I believe Queen Margrethe is one of the Stranger Knights. At some point after he ascends, Mary's husband, Frederik, probably will be invested and then Mary will be there - as Queen of Denmark.

by Anonymousreply 249June 18, 2019 12:34 PM

Live updates from Royal Ascot on The Guardian site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 18, 2019 12:34 PM

My guess is Andrew is the leaker, but I also wouldn't be remotely surprised to find out it was Willam hehe...

by Anonymousreply 251June 18, 2019 12:35 PM

I hope MM wears something along these lines:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 18, 2019 12:36 PM

R176 - Did yoyu have The Mark Hotel bugged? Otherwise, how the fuck would you know what Meghan was discussing with anyone at that baby shower?

Man you trolls really are completely divorced from reality. The woman is pushing 40, needs one more kid, and a couple of more years to refine her "brand" (gritting her teeth as she boards the plane for Africa). Then, and only then, unless Harry refuses to fuck her ever again without a condom and/or throws her clothes out the second floor window of FrogCott to make the point, will Meghan exit, possibly, or not, dragging Harry out with her.

by Anonymousreply 253June 18, 2019 12:39 PM

Meghan was the object of criticism for her size and Trooping outfit. Would she want people to see her body in full length at Ascot? We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 254June 18, 2019 12:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255June 18, 2019 12:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 18, 2019 12:44 PM

R136 - Yes, Catherine Walker's fashion house is still going strong. She was one of Diana's favourites and is now one of Kate's.

R135 - Harry wasn't there because he would have had to be invited, and he wasn't. I'm not sure I've ever seen a photo of him at the Garter ceremony. There's no reason for him to be there now.

by Anonymousreply 257June 18, 2019 12:46 PM

R255 - Never mind the white lace, is she still wearing that huge diamond her Sugar Daddy 60 year old BF gave her?

by Anonymousreply 258June 18, 2019 12:47 PM

Fergie and Diana having fun poking people with their umbrellas at Ascot. This is one of the few times when Fergie was wearing a better outfit than Diana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259June 18, 2019 12:50 PM

Going all the way back to R80, I agree that Margaret probably would have made Johnny Dalkeith miserable, especially after his paralysis.

All things considered, she should have gone through with the wedding to Billy Wallace. Pots of money, Queen would have come up with a suitable title for Billy, and Billy himself checked out early--at age 50, leaving her a footloose and fancy-free widow at a comparatively young age. The only possible issue is that Billy never had children with his wife, so if the infertility was on his end, that would have been a big problem for Margaret. You know the Royals and their obsession with heirs.

by Anonymousreply 260June 18, 2019 12:51 PM

Meghan's ego is HUGE, she wants to be the most popular Royal. But she wants to be Instagram famous, not Royal famous.

Monarchy doesn't care about Instagram, only Meghan thinks your value is based on social media likes.

It's clear Megbots and bloggers like Lainey and Kaiser are the one pushing the Rose story, the tabloids are following because they love a good clickbait article. If she wanted Meghan could stop Lainey and maybe Kaiser, but she doesn't want because she doesn't feel valued enough in the Firm and it's her revenge.

by Anonymousreply 261June 18, 2019 12:56 PM

Lor', can't wait to see what Maxima wears! What a treat that she will be at Ascot this year! I see no mention of the Sussexes in the carriage procession, which I assume means they aren't going to be part of the royal party this year.

She is probably well able to attend at this point, the baby is nearly two months old, but their absence will unconsciously reinforce a sense that they are separating themselves from the rest of the BRF. Add to that the Queen not attending the christening of Harry's first-born (you should see the excuses being made on CB for it), and Harry's sullen face in the TTC carriage ride. I jus cannot see these two remaining in the family for the next 30 years.

I don't care for the way Kitty Spencer dresses. She is so beautiful, so statuesque, and refreshingly voluptuous rather than trying to look anaemic. She looks faintly absurd here.

by Anonymousreply 262June 18, 2019 12:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263June 18, 2019 12:58 PM

Maxima is wearing a beautiful burnt peach coloured outfit, with masses of feathers on her hat. The ITV commenter is describing her as a showstopper, and she is. The Queen is laughing her head off with her, in blue.

by Anonymousreply 264June 18, 2019 1:00 PM

R263 - Weymouth is beautiful. Love the hat, dress, shoes - not so enthused about the coat.

by Anonymousreply 265June 18, 2019 1:03 PM

No pics yet, but watching live, Kate looks beautiful in dusky blue lace, and pussycat bow. Camilla in a creamy peach. Anne in beige and brown. Sophie in a beautiful pink and green floral (?) print.

by Anonymousreply 266June 18, 2019 1:03 PM

Eugenie's boobs have gone massive- Pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 267June 18, 2019 1:04 PM

Lizzie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 18, 2019 1:06 PM

Kate & Cam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 18, 2019 1:06 PM

Kate & Cam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 18, 2019 1:07 PM

'But she wants to be Instagram famous, not Royal famous'

Then she has succeeded. She gets more likes and comments than Kim Kardashian, who has over 100m followers.

by Anonymousreply 271June 18, 2019 1:08 PM

HM's carriage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272June 18, 2019 1:09 PM

Is it raining today at Ascot? Too bad we can't see them very well. I don't remember ever seeing a covered carriage.

by Anonymousreply 273June 18, 2019 1:10 PM

[quote] In ten years Kate is going to be Princess of Wales

One wouldn't bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 274June 18, 2019 1:10 PM

Sorry it looks like the carriages were open.

by Anonymousreply 275June 18, 2019 1:11 PM

Liz and Maxima

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 18, 2019 1:11 PM

Replikate didn't go to Ascot after Louis' birth or Charlotte's. Meg will be out until October.

by Anonymousreply 277June 18, 2019 1:11 PM

Yeah, the carriages opened up as they hit nearer the action. Zara is there, in floral.

by Anonymousreply 278June 18, 2019 1:12 PM

Kate's hat is stunning, and she's clearly complimenting the Queen's choice of colours - Kate is fortunate: she can wear jewel tones and pastels, and powder blue is one of her best. I can't see the rest of the outfit, but tbh could do without the pussy bow.

by Anonymousreply 279June 18, 2019 1:12 PM

Two days in a row that Camilla is wearing pale pink.

by Anonymousreply 280June 18, 2019 1:14 PM

The Queen is amused with the other Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281June 18, 2019 1:15 PM

Kate and Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 18, 2019 1:15 PM

Maxima looks absolutely fantastic! Adore the hat, the colour, and the loose, soft hair. Of course, haven't seen the rest of it, yet.

The Queen's deep blue is wonderful on HM.

Meghan is probably making Harry and the nanny extra miserable at missing out on all the photo ops with the Crowned or One Day to be Crowned Heads.

by Anonymousreply 283June 18, 2019 1:16 PM

Omg, Markle is there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284June 18, 2019 1:16 PM

Kate's dress isn't a jewel tone. It's a soft Wedgewood blue. Like the china.

by Anonymousreply 285June 18, 2019 1:17 PM

R278 - today is the 1st birthday of Zara second daughter, Lena Tindall.

by Anonymousreply 286June 18, 2019 1:18 PM

Cam loves her pearls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 18, 2019 1:18 PM

R271 Yes, and so?

It only matters if you think the Kardashian brings something positive to society. She may be Instagram famous, but it also means she's famous for nothing.

She represents UK, being liked by american teens or american Fraus is not part of her job.

by Anonymousreply 288June 18, 2019 1:19 PM

Kate's dress is...not my favorite outfit of hers. The color and the detailing on the front makes it look like she recycled an old lady's negligee.

by Anonymousreply 289June 18, 2019 1:19 PM

Too bad Megs won’t be there. She’s missing the chance to wear her little black leather dress.

by Anonymousreply 290June 18, 2019 1:20 PM

R289, I sadly agree.

by Anonymousreply 291June 18, 2019 1:20 PM

I'm just happy Kate is not wearing her usual white lace dress.

by Anonymousreply 292June 18, 2019 1:21 PM

I wish I could go to Ascot. I live in London but am sadly moving this weekend. Maybe next year!

by Anonymousreply 293June 18, 2019 1:21 PM

Anne doesn't care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294June 18, 2019 1:22 PM

Eugenie is - um - colorful.

by Anonymousreply 295June 18, 2019 1:22 PM

Sorry here's Eugenie.

by Anonymousreply 296June 18, 2019 1:23 PM

Kate's dress is supposedly Elie Saab.

by Anonymousreply 297June 18, 2019 1:23 PM

Let's try that again - Eugenie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 18, 2019 1:24 PM

Dear God, Anne looks like she's auditioning either for Madame Arkady in Blithe Spirit or Lady Bracknell in The Importance of Being Earnest.

by Anonymousreply 299June 18, 2019 1:24 PM

It's quite right that the boring men in their repetitive suits let the ladies in their hats face the front of the carriage. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 300June 18, 2019 1:26 PM

What a great observation, R299. I couldn't agree more!

by Anonymousreply 301June 18, 2019 1:27 PM

Eugenie looks happy.

by Anonymousreply 302June 18, 2019 1:27 PM

I like Kate's outfit. She looks ladylike and dainty. Tea anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 18, 2019 1:28 PM

Full length shot of Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 18, 2019 1:29 PM

R288, the BRF need to remain globally relevant in order to survive. Revenue from tourism is the main reason they still exist. So everyone will be delighted that Meg and Harry have fans all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 305June 18, 2019 1:29 PM

Snap, lol

by Anonymousreply 306June 18, 2019 1:29 PM

Kate looks stunning and happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307June 18, 2019 1:29 PM

I love Kate's increasingly retro, ladylike, old-fashioned look. At least it's a pushback against the Times Square prostitute look that went mainstream for women in recent decades.

I hope it ends with her in full-blown 18th-century finery, with Will in a wig.

by Anonymousreply 308June 18, 2019 1:30 PM

nobody cares about harry&meg's american instagram bullshit, especially since they aren't going to get an american tour anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 309June 18, 2019 1:31 PM

Kate and Zara. I don't like Zara's outfit. I can see the HUGE HAT of Maxima. From this side and distance, it looks like a flock of birds got stuck on her head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310June 18, 2019 1:32 PM

Kate looks like Kate.

It's her style, love it or hate it. At least, she's coherent.

by Anonymousreply 311June 18, 2019 1:33 PM

R309, M and H want to be 'roving royals' so their lives can be one long happy tour/overseas vacation. The SussexRoyal IG being so popular makes that goal seem more realistic.

by Anonymousreply 312June 18, 2019 1:33 PM

Eugenie has a yellow strap-on hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313June 18, 2019 1:34 PM

Chuck and Will

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314June 18, 2019 1:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 18, 2019 1:37 PM

[quote] I see that the story of the Queen Mum leaving money to William & Harry has resurfaced. A story which doesn't stand up to scrutiny - why would she leave money to an heir? why would she cut out her own grandchildren? Where did she get the money from? She died in debt and during her life her daughter QEII had to constantly bail her out.

She didn't die in debt. Her estate was reported to be worth £70 million (at that time at least $140 million U.S). She didn't pay her bills because she was a cheap cunt who thought she was above paying her bills and she knew her daughter would eventually pay them. And she did leave some money to all the grandchildren

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316June 18, 2019 1:37 PM

Mike Tindall has something in his hat that amuses the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317June 18, 2019 1:38 PM

R312 No it doesn't, because the UK is the one paying them and they won't pay them for worldwide vacation.

No one cares about them outise the Daily Fail Haters and the Good Morning America crowd. They can have 10 000 0000 followers, it won't make them relevent in any way in the real world. Take any Hollywood starlet and she gonna have more followers.

Meghan is no Diana, because Diana was unique. Harry ain't his mother too.

by Anonymousreply 318June 18, 2019 1:38 PM

Maxima dresses like a diva and I *mostly* love it, but a little uptight part of me sometimes whispers, "de trop."

by Anonymousreply 319June 18, 2019 1:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 18, 2019 1:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321June 18, 2019 1:41 PM

Kate and Zara

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 18, 2019 1:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323June 18, 2019 1:42 PM

The BRF will happily fund the overseas tours. Likes and comments matter more than followers, although 8.6m and rising is still very high for a 3 month old account.

by Anonymousreply 324June 18, 2019 1:42 PM

Can we all just agree that Harry and Meghan will have a different "career" from the Royal Family? They'll be these odd celebrities that happen to be inlaws with the King and Queen. Hopefully they'll get their basic allowance and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 325June 18, 2019 1:42 PM

I love Kate’s look, but she’s wearing too much blusher. It’s very 80s, and goes against the general delicacy of the entirety. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 326June 18, 2019 1:44 PM

R325, I can agree with that.

by Anonymousreply 327June 18, 2019 1:45 PM

R325, nope. As they are so beloved abroad, they will represent the UK overseas more than the landlocked future King Bald and Queen Eyebag, and all of their trips will be generously funded. What a lovely life they can look forward to!

by Anonymousreply 328June 18, 2019 1:50 PM

Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon (future Queen Mum) on her wedding day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329June 18, 2019 1:50 PM

Kate is wearing more or less the same blue as the Queen, just in a very different style, and both look wonderful. She's also increasingly placed next to Camilla at these public functions. All very Queenly stuff.

by Anonymousreply 330June 18, 2019 1:54 PM

I would love Kate’s dress without the bow. Strange design choice.

by Anonymousreply 331June 18, 2019 1:57 PM

R328 Thay are not beloved abroad, not more than the others.

Their fanbase is just different and spend its time on social media calling everyone and their mother racist.

by Anonymousreply 332June 18, 2019 1:58 PM

The pattern of Zara’s dress reminds me of late 80s chintz upholstery.

by Anonymousreply 333June 18, 2019 1:59 PM

I love the bow. And I take back my earlier "de trop" comment about Maxima, at least for today. She looks fabulous, is of course a Queen, and it is Ascot after all. Good day to go all out with hats.

by Anonymousreply 334June 18, 2019 1:59 PM

R332 Their fanbase seem to be the type that dwell in their pyjamas at home, hardly the type to buy a bus ticket to travel to see them at any engagements. And that's what MM is all about. Crowds. Adoring crowds. SM crowds are the least likely type of fans to actually leave the bloody house.

by Anonymousreply 335June 18, 2019 2:01 PM

The worst of their fans sit at home salivating about them having sex, so Lil' Mama gets up the duff again. Uuuugggh.

by Anonymousreply 336June 18, 2019 2:03 PM

“How are you feeling? How’s the pregnancy going?”

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/18/14/14938930-7154047-image-m-50_1560865296912.jpg

by Anonymousreply 337June 18, 2019 2:05 PM

Who are these fans of MM? I'm genuinely intrigued: what do they like about her? Is it just her mixed-race background, or something else? Her personality, as it comes across, just seems so thoroughly unpleasant to me.

by Anonymousreply 338June 18, 2019 2:05 PM

I didn’t like the outfit of Maxima . The one at the Garner ceremony was much better . Kate looked so lovely . Speaking of the Sussex Royal IG Harry doesn’t get many likes . Kate got 1.500000 likes for the pond activity with the kids . So that’s not bad . The pic with the baby of course it had many likes . Its a baby and they always get more likes .

by Anonymousreply 339June 18, 2019 2:15 PM

R338 probably bought and paid twitter trolls. If you wander over to Twitter and Insta most of the Sussex fan accounts do not do anything or have any identifying details besides professing their undying obsession with the couple. You’d be hard pressed to find a positive tweet for them linked to an actual fully developed profile with varied interests.

by Anonymousreply 340June 18, 2019 2:15 PM

Sorry “ Garter Ceremony “

by Anonymousreply 341June 18, 2019 2:15 PM

They love the fact she was an actress, mixed race and hugely ambitious.

They also hate Kate, so just not being Kate is enough for tons of them.

by Anonymousreply 342June 18, 2019 2:16 PM

Why do they hate Kate?

by Anonymousreply 343June 18, 2019 2:23 PM

Not sure why Max is wearing gloves in June? Her hat today and the one yesterday look like they are sliding off the side of her head. She really does seem like a lovely person tho. She looks genuinely positive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344June 18, 2019 2:23 PM

R343 Because she doesn't deserve William or to be Royal, or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 345June 18, 2019 2:28 PM

The fact that the fans call themselves the Sussex Squad is nauseating enough. Examples of tweets.

The #SussexSquad logging in to defend Meghan, Harry & Archie.

He's so horny for Princess Meghan, just waiting for the green light to unleash his fish for baby#2 #SussexSquad

This is why Kate and her fans wanted Harry to stay single and lonely so Kate can hv both bothers. #SussexSquad

I never heard of trooping the color till Meghan joined the royal family. I woke up very early to watch it because of Meghan. The queen has been doing this trooping for about 6 decades and this is the first time that she let stream it live on tv because of Meghan. #Sussexsquad

by Anonymousreply 346June 18, 2019 2:32 PM

Megastans aren't known for their logic. So Meghan deserves Harry but Kate doesn't deserve William. Huh?

by Anonymousreply 347June 18, 2019 2:32 PM

He turn her round on tat balcony to check out her ass. Someone going to be sweet lovin from behind later #SussexSquad

by Anonymousreply 348June 18, 2019 2:34 PM

There are a lot of theories about Meg's fandom. The race symbolism is obviously a big deal for a lot of them, for sure. Lots of woke women like her. Some of her fans are old fraus who loved Diana and have a soft spot for Harry and want him to be happy so they believe the best. A lot of them are just young celeb watchers who think social media influencers are to be admired.

One of the theories I thought was most interesting explains why some people like her and hate Kate. A lot of people with messy personal/family lives love that someone as messy and full of baggage as Meg was able to rise so far. It gives them hope that not matter what disaster they may be living at the moment, that they too can overcome it all and live a fab life. All of her drama is relatable to them.

Those type of people also resent people like Kate who come from happy stable lives and always present themselves in such a polished way. Kate is too perfect to them. She lives this perfect happy life with a perfect family and they don't like how Kate being so pulled together makes them feel inadequate. So basically it's about how both women make them feel about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 349June 18, 2019 2:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 18, 2019 2:35 PM

R338, a friend of mine from college is a huge MM fan. She's black and bi and feels like Harry and Meghan are woke royals. She posts daily updates about how wonderful they are, and how much the Queen loves MM, on Facebook publicly. I don't think she has anything against the rest of the RF, she just really, really loves them.

by Anonymousreply 351June 18, 2019 2:37 PM

Better look at Zara's hat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352June 18, 2019 2:38 PM

Mike Tindall pulls out another little hat from his big hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353June 18, 2019 2:38 PM

R346 & R348 - the Sussex Squad really don't sound very bright, do they?

by Anonymousreply 354June 18, 2019 2:40 PM

R350 - Eugenie is holding her stomach so she could be pregnant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355June 18, 2019 2:41 PM

R352 - Zara's hat is a masterpiece but I don't like her matronly dress. The print is too heavy for the flowery hat.

by Anonymousreply 356June 18, 2019 2:42 PM

Eugenie and Beatrice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357June 18, 2019 2:43 PM

Photos of Beatrice and Eugenie at Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358June 18, 2019 2:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359June 18, 2019 2:45 PM

Diana and Fergie at Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360June 18, 2019 2:47 PM

I like the bow. It suits the dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361June 18, 2019 2:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 18, 2019 2:49 PM

i actually really like kate's dress

by Anonymousreply 363June 18, 2019 2:49 PM

R316 - Those are not liquid assets. Art and Faberge eggs don't get sold to fund grandchildren's trusts. The clause is "said to be". Below is the Press Release from the Queen's household:

"Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother has bequeathed her entire estate (which mainly comprises the contents of her houses) to The Queen.

In her will, she asked The Queen to make certain bequests to members of her staff, and these bequests will be subject to Inheritance Tax in the normal way.

The Queen has decided that the most important of Queen Elizabeth's pictures and works of art should be transferred to the Royal Collection.

Some of these items, including works by Monet, Nash and Carl Fabergé, from Queen Elizabeth's collection will be on display in the 'Royal Treasures' exhibition, which is due to open at the new Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace, on 22 May."

That doesn't translate into money, and yes, she did die in debt and the Queen paid off those debts as she had on previous occasions.

There is no trust from the QM to her two richest great-grandchildren. It has never been proven, disclosed, or listed in William's and Harry's tax records. It was never anything but "is reported" or "is said to have". There was never the slightest proof.

by Anonymousreply 364June 18, 2019 2:50 PM

I can't get enough of Kate's Ascot outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365June 18, 2019 2:50 PM

Now Kate is holding her stomach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 18, 2019 2:51 PM

R343 - Because she's white, English, and shows Meghan up for the trashy badly dressed, badly coiffed grifter she is.

by Anonymousreply 367June 18, 2019 2:52 PM

Zara and Charles share a big hug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 18, 2019 2:53 PM

R304 - Kate is on trend (it's a very hot look) and she looks very pretty, but I don't like it. Love her hat and her shoes and the soft blue colour; hate the pussy bow and big skirt. Little Palace on the Prairie.

by Anonymousreply 369June 18, 2019 2:54 PM

Zara has such a cute figure, WHY would she dress like this?

by Anonymousreply 370June 18, 2019 2:55 PM

R362 - It's genetic. Ever seen a photo of their mother at her first Ascot after becoming engaged to Prince Andrew? Am I remembering that it was the blue and white thing with an enormous skirt of organ pleats that generated huge headlines the next day along the lines of "FROCK HORROR!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 371June 18, 2019 2:55 PM

I like Kate with longer skirts than short ones. She can pull them off because she's thin and tall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372June 18, 2019 2:55 PM

Why do Bea & Eug wear dresses that emphasize their full figures? They need straight up and down lines.

by Anonymousreply 373June 18, 2019 2:56 PM

The intricate details of Kate's outfit are exquisite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374June 18, 2019 2:57 PM

Why? It's nice to see women with full figure. It's sexy.

by Anonymousreply 375June 18, 2019 2:58 PM

Mike Tindall looks like he's going to plant a kiss on William's cheek. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376June 18, 2019 2:59 PM

A lot of times Eugenie comes close to getting it right. She just needs to work on the fit of her dresses and making sure she has a proper bra. Bea just has horrible taste in clothes (and men). They definitely have their mother's dress sense, along with her figure.

All three actually seemed to be doing a lot better for a while there. I actually thought they may have hired a stylist to help. If they did it didn't last.

by Anonymousreply 377June 18, 2019 3:01 PM

R375, Not criticizing Bea & Eug's full figures per se, just their choice of dress today is not at all flattering. Lines at the waist make them look much heavier. They need a modest V-neckline and perhaps an A-line skirt with a vertical design. Not a dress designed for a very tall, slender woman simply made in a larger size.

by Anonymousreply 378June 18, 2019 3:02 PM

Maybe it's me but Camilla seemed a bit more subdued than usual yesterday at the Garter ceremony and today at Ascot. She was much more energetic and engaged on the balcony at the Trooping The Colour.

by Anonymousreply 379June 18, 2019 3:04 PM

Cam looks a bit off lately.

by Anonymousreply 380June 18, 2019 3:12 PM

I'd love it if Kate and Eug were pregnant at the same time. Royal cousin babies!

Meghan would have to get IVF twins in her womb immediately to compete.

by Anonymousreply 381June 18, 2019 3:14 PM

Max and Wax

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382June 18, 2019 3:14 PM

Camilla is probably tired. It's a lot of major engagements in a row, and though they don't seem to do much, all that smiling and being the focus of attention has got to wear on you. She's not a kid anymore.

by Anonymousreply 383June 18, 2019 3:15 PM

R349 nails it. Sort of the way certain messy women consider Marilyn Monroe a role model. They identify with certain attributes: plays by the rules/breaks the rules, long steady relationship/whirlwind romance, etc.

by Anonymousreply 384June 18, 2019 3:23 PM

R351 - LOL. The Queen loves the Sussexes so much that they were not up at Balmoral last summer; she refused to give their kid a title, he's a commoner whilst his first cousins are full HRHs; she gave them that dump at Frogmore for a home case and booted them out of London with a couple of rooms at BP for overnights whilst the Cambridges got the grand flat at KP AND the grand country home in Norfolk; and so far, and she hasn't leant Meghan any of the really significant historic family jewellery except for her wedding tiara - once; and she's skipping the christening of Harry's firstborn.

Those leaks from the Sussex PR team trying to smear the Cambridges: why, the Queen knows nothing about THAT! That's why she refused the Sussexes' request for an independent household, an independent PR team, and an independent court so they could create their "woke" brand on their own but still have the UK taxpayer fund it.

Aye, the Queen just adores Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 385June 18, 2019 3:31 PM

The color of Kate’s dress is simply dreamy. Such a lovely blue.

by Anonymousreply 386June 18, 2019 3:33 PM

R386 - I agree. Despite my comments about the dress itself above, I have to say that from the neck up she looks incredibly lovely. Her makeup and hair are gorgeous, the hat is gorgeous, what looks like her large aquamarine earrings are gorgeous, the colour is exquisite. I just wish she'd worn something a bit sleeker, or something fitted on top without the bow if she insisted on the full-skirted georgette dotted swiss look below.

by Anonymousreply 387June 18, 2019 3:35 PM

The Queen's permanent loan of her beloved wedding bracelet to Kate convinced me that Kate's a favorite of hers. It was a gift from Prince Philip, and the Queen wore it for years and years, including in many portraits.

It can't be said enough: The Royals show favors through titles, jewelry, and property. So far, Harry and Meghan have gotten only the bare minimum of any of those.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388June 18, 2019 3:36 PM

Holy Jesus - Bea and Yuge look so bad it beggars description. If there is anything more dowdy than sleeve length Bea is wearing I have yet to see it, and as far as Yuge goes. I hope to God she's pregnant because there's just no other excuse for the way her arms and bosom look in that dress.

by Anonymousreply 389June 18, 2019 3:39 PM

I don't believe a word about the BRF and lack of funds. I posted in another thread about Charles $275k garden sculpture- and this was supposedly after Diana cleaned out his ready cash.

I'm sure Harry's house is no dump. His neighbor is Prince Andrew, who evidently spent millions to renovate including an indoor pool. Not to mention the $15 million dollar ski chalet. Where did that money come from? Being 2nd doesn't sound all that bad.

by Anonymousreply 390June 18, 2019 3:40 PM

R389, Kate appears to be more dutiful and conscientious of the many rules of her position.

by Anonymousreply 391June 18, 2019 3:40 PM

My comment at R391 was meant for R388.

by Anonymousreply 392June 18, 2019 3:43 PM

the sussex official home being frogmore, which is so public and former servant quarters, is most definitely meant as an slight. where they actually ended living is a different thing, but publicly they didn't even try to act like she was wanted.

by Anonymousreply 393June 18, 2019 3:44 PM

R388 - Indeed, I agree. The Queen's approval of the Cambridges and how Kate has carried herself is quite clear. She never would have leant that bracelet to someone she didn't approve of. Anmer House, the huge flat at KP (and it is alleged the Cambridges will get the other large flat that everyone thought the Sussexes would get for "reception rooms" and office staff as their public roles increase as Charles gets closer to the throne), the jewellery, the family Orders and now the DGCRVO with the sash . . . the message is unmistakable except to the deluded fraus on CB and people who think the Queen gives tuppence about "wokeness".

by Anonymousreply 394June 18, 2019 3:44 PM

A sea of blues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395June 18, 2019 3:49 PM

Kate and Alpha Will were in good spirits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396June 18, 2019 3:50 PM

Nostalgia - Prince Rainier and Princess Grace of Monaco at Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 18, 2019 3:51 PM

Of course Kate would get plenty of things from The Queen. She and Will have been together for years now.

by Anonymousreply 398June 18, 2019 3:51 PM

Once the queen finds out about how many likes Archie’s pic got on Instagram she’ll abdicate in favor of Harry. She’ll make the announcement on Meghan’s birthday after the tea they have planned to celebrate. #SussexSquad

by Anonymousreply 399June 18, 2019 3:52 PM

R399 - Sussex Squad = too stupid to know what matters.

by Anonymousreply 400June 18, 2019 3:53 PM

R399 - don't make me laugh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401June 18, 2019 3:54 PM

That Zara is very touchy-feely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402June 18, 2019 3:55 PM

So, after Ascot, the next official event is Archie's christening., which will offer fodder for gossip if the Queen really doesn't show up; and even more fodder if the Cambridges don't show (I'm betting they will, to keep the side up, especially if some of William's and Harry's social set are godparents).

by Anonymousreply 403June 18, 2019 3:55 PM

R403 - Ascot is going on all week so they'll be plenty of hats to view. I don't think Kate will be there every day but the Queen is expected for five days.

by Anonymousreply 404June 18, 2019 3:57 PM

Kate received a hand kiss from a retired jockey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405June 18, 2019 3:58 PM

The Queen didn't show up for Louis christening and the Sussex Squad was celebrating.

She won't show up for Archie either.

Tbh, the Queen is too old to give a fuck about the young generation.

by Anonymousreply 406June 18, 2019 3:58 PM

Feminine and elegant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407June 18, 2019 3:58 PM

Edward and Sophie. Usually I like Sophie fashion choices but I have to say that she has had two outfit misses in a row this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408June 18, 2019 4:01 PM

Wasn’t r399 being sarcastic?

by Anonymousreply 409June 18, 2019 4:02 PM

Eug's bag looks like a toilet seat at R402, does she she things we don't? Or is it the other way around, lol

by Anonymousreply 410June 18, 2019 4:02 PM

R408, that dress is awful. Not one redeeming thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 411June 18, 2019 4:02 PM

She see! Dammit

by Anonymousreply 412June 18, 2019 4:03 PM

Kate and William have taken some pretty bit steps up in showing their personalities and confidence. They are sure of themselves and glowing. Kate never looked better. And it seems like they are doing a lot more public appearances. Maybe they needed a kick in the pants from the Sussex camp. Ironic, I know.

by Anonymousreply 413June 18, 2019 4:05 PM

R399 - I'm not sure what to think of your post. Is it you making fun of the Sussex Squad or did someone from that group actually post it?

by Anonymousreply 414June 18, 2019 4:07 PM

"Meghan Markle turns to George and Amal Clooney after spat with Kate and Wills"

"Meghan Markle is said to be relying on George Clooney and his wife Amal for advice, as well as her new friend Rihanna"

"Meghan feels that the palace's way of transitioning her from Hollywood actress to British royal did her no favours, and now she's prepared to go over their heads and speak to the people she thinks can help her "

LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 18, 2019 4:20 PM

How do people buy her hollywood bs, she was barely making it out on some random show filmed in fucking toronto to save money. nobody in toronto is hollywood, they just desperately try.

by Anonymousreply 416June 18, 2019 4:21 PM

R416, I'm no Megstan but don't make a fool out of yourself. Just check a list of movies and TV shows filmed in Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 417June 18, 2019 4:26 PM

Wasn't the fact they made Suits in Toronto because it was low budget and cheaper "to do" there?

Absolutely sick of the "Hollywood Actress" moniker.

by Anonymousreply 418June 18, 2019 4:26 PM

"The A-list couple are said to be giving the new mum parenting tips over dinners at the palace."

Palace? Haha.

by Anonymousreply 419June 18, 2019 4:27 PM

Regarding why Meghan gets so many "fans" (I use that term loosely). Mainly twofold. First, don't underestimate the biracial aspect, I believe it's why she received such favorable mainstream US press coverage, and the trickle down effect is no joke. When the media here decides you're a star they can make you a star. I don't think her fans like her because they themselves are also as messed-up in their interpersonal relationships. As we say in mental health, not everything has to be psychologically analyzed to the hilt.

Meghan got the Obama treatment, plain and simple. I voted for Obama twice and wish he (hell yeah I'll even vote for Michelle) was still president, but even I have to admit the amount of fawning press he got in the beginning was undeserved. Being mixed-race or member of repressed minority group, along with being woke, is a recipe that makes you unassailable in the eyes of mainstream press here in the US today.

Second, Meghan's "fans" are in her fandom not because they like her as a person, but because she checks off all the right boxes in the social media definition of wokeness and branding. They'd never followed Meghan before she hooked up with Harry, because there was nothing overtly compelling about Meghan not as an actress and not as a wannabe humanitarian. Even the humanitarian angle was derivative, it's something that many actresses do today, almost the same as the ubiquitous rhinoplasty. Sure, do some good for the world, but most importantly do it while getting positive press and all the associated good attributes applied to you. Win-win situation.

Prince Phillip (among others) telling Harry not to marry Meghan was very telling, and the fact that they relented e.g. approved of marriage was also very telling. While they could see Meghan for who she is and isn't, they also knew what happened when Charles and Andrew were kept from freely choosing who they could marry. The bond between Cam and Charles are apparent but Charles was pretty much made to pick Diana. By all accounts, Andrew was serious about Koo Stark. Stark had shown herself to be above the media fray by not spilling beans about Andrew in the years since he dumped her because of her unsuitability. Not letting Charles have free rein in choosing a consort had led to a totally unsuitable wife in Diana, the worst possible outcome. So I imagine that played a big role in how QE2 and the rest of the family relented and hoped for the best. Now however, I can just see them bracing for upcoming train wreck; every generation of BRF has a train wreck scandal. The previous generation gifted us with 2 big ones in Charles/ Diana and Andrew/ Fergie. Is there any doubt that this generation is going have dim Harry and his choice of bride?

by Anonymousreply 420June 18, 2019 4:28 PM

It’s funny when people can’t tell the difference between the type of stuff the Sussex Squad actually posts and parody.

by Anonymousreply 421June 18, 2019 4:28 PM

R421 - I don't read the Sussex Squad so I wouldn't know how they write. Sometimes it's hard to figure out something over an anonymous board on the Internet. There's really nothing funny about it. Perhaps you are blessed with the ability to read people's minds.

by Anonymousreply 422June 18, 2019 4:35 PM

R415 Oh no she didn't try to friend Ri-Ri?! I thought Meghan was all up Bey's ass the way that the Beyhive went apeshit over Bey posing in front of painting of Meghan. But wow if this is true then I'm gonna park myself in the front row with my popcorn to watch the ensuing shit storm. Rihanna is the better artist and by all accounts she's a sweet, mellow person who's now also a businesswoman. Love me some Rihanna. Beyonce and her fans known as Beyhive on the other hand, well the less said the better I suppose. But I can imagine the Rihanna vs. Beyonce scrum for who gets to be Meghan's bestie would be an interesting diversion. Also how's the Beyhive gonna react knowing Meghan is now on Team Ri-Ri? How's Rihanna's Navy (her own rabid fans) gonna react to her befriending Meghan? Rihanna girl, you're much better than that, don't associate yourself with dim Harry and climbing Meghan. Meghan, you in danger girl, don't you know how cray the Beyhive can get when they go after people whom they perceive as dissing their Queen?

by Anonymousreply 423June 18, 2019 4:42 PM

Yes, r380. One post a few weeks ago commented on Charles taking a bit more care, being more mindful around/towards her. The inference being Camilla could be suffering from a medical condition. I've noticed Camilla frequently looks a bit 'confused' when in public.

by Anonymousreply 424June 18, 2019 4:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 18, 2019 4:46 PM

Probably the years if guzzling gin and smoking caught up with the old hag.

by Anonymousreply 426June 18, 2019 4:46 PM

It would be tragic if Cam went before Charles got on the throne

by Anonymousreply 427June 18, 2019 4:47 PM

R427 - I'm not a fan of Camilla although I don't dislike her as much as I used. I don't wish anyone ill but wouldn't it be more tragic if Charles went before his mother?

by Anonymousreply 428June 18, 2019 4:52 PM

Zara and Mike Tindall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429June 18, 2019 4:54 PM

Edward and Sophie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 18, 2019 4:54 PM

Beatrice and Eugenie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 18, 2019 4:54 PM

I want to smell Her Majesty's hat. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 18, 2019 4:56 PM

Oh you can see a peak of her dress there, R432, it matches the hat.

by Anonymousreply 433June 18, 2019 4:57 PM

Charles looks like he's on death's door. Will smiles for the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434June 18, 2019 4:58 PM

Oh dear, Charles is looking rather gormless, recently.

by Anonymousreply 435June 18, 2019 4:59 PM

Video of the Ascot arrivals. The sun seems to be bothering the Queen's eyes. Beatrice has colored tassels on her hat. Andrew leads the Dutch King on hat etiquette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436June 18, 2019 5:03 PM

Kate wore it better than the model. She has a better hat and she didn't wear the belt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437June 18, 2019 5:05 PM

Here's Camilla (2:30 minutes) looking kind of shaky, not quite herself.

R424

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438June 18, 2019 5:05 PM

Kate's outfit summary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439June 18, 2019 5:06 PM

R406 - But she showed up for George and Charlotte's christening. So the Sussex Squad will be sulking. No biggie if she doesn't show up for William's third, but quite a biggie if she doesn't show up for Harry's first, and her first mixed race great-grandchild. Just like the HRH bit.

by Anonymousreply 440June 18, 2019 5:16 PM

R438 - Camilla's mother died from osteoporosis and often the disease is inherited. It wouldn't surprise me if she follows the same path.

I also see that she shakes a bit at times (Parkinson's?) and appears confused in her own home (Alzheimer's?). When they're posing for a group shot, I also notice she's smiling and moving like a robot for the cameras. She had a cheeky wink for one of the men out of camera range so she was fully aware of her surroundings. The Queen would NEVER wink at a man in public and that includes her husband. I don't know if it's a medical condition, if she's nervous, if she can't stand Trump or all of the above

What the hell did Charles pick up on the floor? It looked like a lampshade. The housekeeper is on shaky ground. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 441June 18, 2019 5:17 PM

Kate's switched decades but still stuck in the last century. That dress would not be out of place in the 1980s.

Nice makeup, hair and hat.

by Anonymousreply 442June 18, 2019 5:21 PM

Zara got the best looks out of all those cousins, although you get the sense that she couldn’t care less.

by Anonymousreply 443June 18, 2019 5:23 PM

Who did Sophie Wessex piss off? Someone seems to be withholding the memos. Two days in a row she's managed to look glaringly different from the rest of the family, and not in a good way.

That hat is so unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 444June 18, 2019 5:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445June 18, 2019 5:28 PM

Zara's dress is hideous, but her hat is lovely and her shoes are fire.

by Anonymousreply 446June 18, 2019 5:29 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447June 18, 2019 5:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448June 18, 2019 5:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449June 18, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote] The Queen would NEVER wink at a man in public and that includes her husband.

I'm a fan of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden. I've noticed in videos of her at some big occasions, she will look over at her husband Daniel and wink. It's rather sweet.

But the Queen would never do that.

by Anonymousreply 450June 18, 2019 5:39 PM

I love the back view of Kate's hair under that beautiful hat.

by Anonymousreply 451June 18, 2019 5:41 PM

The dress on the Duchess of Cambridge is almost perfect.

Perfect length, color, details; but it's the details where it goes slightly wrong.

The dress has enough going on when you take into view polka dot tulle, lace, vertical details over the bosom, and hat. That's enough and even those are pushing into almost too much.

The dress goes wrong with the pussy-bow tie. It's superfluous and, given the other details listed, takes the dress into slightly too much.

With that tiny objection, the DoC and her dress: gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 452June 18, 2019 5:49 PM

Zara looks more pregnant that Euge to me at R355. A couple of pictures look like they are all holding their stomachs in homage to MM.

by Anonymousreply 453June 18, 2019 6:01 PM

Kate'e pregnant

by Anonymousreply 454June 18, 2019 6:06 PM

Kate, Zara, and Euge can all announce their pregnancies the day after Archie’s christening

by Anonymousreply 455June 18, 2019 6:14 PM

No, R455, all show up in big pregnancy smocks in public on the DAY of the christening.

Or else, one, the day before, one the day of, and one the day after.

Turnabout is fair play.

by Anonymousreply 456June 18, 2019 6:16 PM

R454 - And you know this how? Her flat-as-a-board midsection and tiny waist? Her pale wan look? Her trips to the loo to vomit (Kate suffers from extreme morning-sickness in the first trimester)? Just what a 37 year old woman pressured to step up her public life as her husband gets closer to the throne, with a 14-month old and a five- and four-year-old at home needs! Another baby!

My my those Cambridges are careless!

R456 - Absolutely, the day before the christening, and in open coats reminiscent of the one Meghan wore to Yuge's wedding, pissing off Prince Andrew so much that he subsequently leaked the Tiaragate story that had been making the rounds in the family privately . . .

by Anonymousreply 457June 18, 2019 6:18 PM

Wow, Prince Andrew is right at his mother's elbow nowadays. His demeanor was the same on the balcony at TTC. Almost seems like a guard dog.

by Anonymousreply 458June 18, 2019 6:19 PM

Yuge has got to be pregnant - that photo of her with her hand on her abdomen and Zara looking encouragingly down at her boobs with her hand on Yuge's shoulders, and Kate right there smiling . . . has to be.

Let's see Archie's christening in early July - that's less than a month away. Perfect timing for Yuge's announcement . . .

As they say, Revenge is a dish best served cold.

by Anonymousreply 459June 18, 2019 6:23 PM

I'm still awed at her announcing her pregnancy so damn early, breaking literally all of the rules just because she wanted more attention than the bride. What an absolutely confirmed bitch.

by Anonymousreply 460June 18, 2019 6:24 PM

R338, my theory of who Meghan's fans are: people who might have watched or at least looked at pics of William and Kate's wedding, but who got drawn into Meghan and Harry because they somehow identify with her (Americans, biracial people) and people who liked her on Suits (very popular dubbed overseas). They don't necessarily follow anything but the social media and perhaps hear about her being put upon by the horrible racists. My millenial nephew follows their instagram and he's otherwise one to rave about Beyonce and various other divas. I imagine him scrolling through his very long insta feed and randomly liking fun pics like the babies, and that's the extent of it.

by Anonymousreply 461June 18, 2019 6:32 PM

R349, agree with your post. Should've gone on scrolling before replying.

by Anonymousreply 462June 18, 2019 6:36 PM

Kate's dress certainly looked better than the model's, which had a shorter bow, ugly belt and strange shorter sleeves.

by Anonymousreply 463June 18, 2019 6:41 PM

R459, it wouldn't work that way around. Eugenie can't steal Meghan's thunder, because Meghan is the one people are more interested in. If Eugenie announces she's pregnant just before or after Archie's christening, all that will happen is that magazines like Hello and OK will still use Archie's christening as the main feature of their front page, accompanied by a small photo of Eugenie & Jack captioned "Eugenie's baby joy!" in the corner. Eugenie should just follow Michelle Obama's advice: "When they go low, we go high."

by Anonymousreply 464June 18, 2019 6:47 PM

I like Bea's dress. Very pretty. Eug's dress is okay, not crazy about the color; don't like her hat at all...awful color with the dress. Sophie's dress and matching hat are different but miss the mark, too matronly. Lady Kitty Spencer is a knockout in white; gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 465June 18, 2019 6:50 PM

I love Bea but that look in R431 is all no no no. That fabric is everywhere this summer and that blue seems to be the theme, but it's all wrong on her, especially the cut of the dress. And the hat. Girl, you've let me down.

by Anonymousreply 466June 18, 2019 6:55 PM

Whispers very, very quietly *I like Bea's dress *

by Anonymousreply 467June 18, 2019 6:58 PM

It's amazing how much Harry resembles Charles more and more (R434), especially those beady eyes.

by Anonymousreply 468June 18, 2019 6:59 PM

Eugenie is becoming one of my faves, but that mustard-color hat? Yikes, it's awful.

by Anonymousreply 469June 18, 2019 7:03 PM

You just can't replace Diana and Sarah at Ascot. They had personality and pizzazz and generated so much interest and excitement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470June 18, 2019 7:07 PM

I love Kate's more queenly style lately, especially the updos and hats. Today's dress is gorgeous. I think the pussy bow is great, but we smaller chested woman have to be careful with them. She'd look better without it.

by Anonymousreply 471June 18, 2019 7:08 PM

Obviously, Andrew took over Philip's role. He has to do something to warrant his 2 lavish homes from mummy.

by Anonymousreply 472June 18, 2019 7:09 PM

Some of those Ascot outfits are divine! How I love Zara Sassoon's plumed hat!

by Anonymousreply 473June 18, 2019 7:09 PM

R470, say what you will about awful 80s fashion, those dresses would look gorgeous today too.

And look at those relatively sensible shoes. I can't imagine how the women at these events nowadays bear walking around in needle-heeled stilletos. I always zoom in on their poor feet with their toes all smashed into the the tiny front part, practially en pointe.

by Anonymousreply 474June 18, 2019 7:13 PM

"One of the theories I thought was most interesting explains why some people like her and hate Kate. A lot of people with messy personal/family lives love that someone as messy and full of baggage as Meg was able to rise so far. It gives them hope that not matter what disaster they may be living at the moment, that they too can overcome it all and live a fab life. All of her drama is relatable to them."

R349, This theory would explain one of the things about MM's fan base that I find so puzzling. People write that Meghan Markle is "a role model" and "an inspiration". Inspiration for what? What exactly is Meghan Markle an inspiration for? Being hot and light-skinned and getting a rich white guy to marry you? So that's the life strategy they're endorsing?

Objectively speaking, MM was a role model for young girls when she was a hustling actress on Suits, supporting herself, doing charity work, and running her blog -- NOT when she married into an old conservative wealthy family. But for people coming from an unstable background maybe marrying into the British royal family is perceived as the one 'big fix' that will solve their problems in one fell swoop. So they look up to her for that and hope for the same thing themselves.

by Anonymousreply 475June 18, 2019 7:25 PM

Fergie looked great in that R470 picture. Better than Diana.

by Anonymousreply 476June 18, 2019 7:26 PM

R468 - both Charles and Harry are turning in garden gnomes before our very eyes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477June 18, 2019 7:28 PM

Zara and Mike Tindall really have what the Sussexes want. Even without any titles, they are pretty close to the top of the royal food chain. I’m guessing they get a lot of A list invites. They still have family wealth and the freedom make money trading on their celebrity, which usually is pretty tasteful. From all accounts, they are very popular in the family and look like they’re fun to be around. There was a moment during either Harry’s or Eugenies wedding where Mike playfully grabbed Zara and gave her a major ‘I’m fucking your brains out later’ and she playfully pushed him off. A cute, honest moment you really don’t see from that family. They have the fame, the money, and the freedom without having to do any boring charity work.

by Anonymousreply 478June 18, 2019 7:28 PM

Princess Michael of Kent may be "Princess Pushy" but she has a little Maxima in her. Here are some photos of her jewels from Princess Marina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479June 18, 2019 7:33 PM

I don't mind Camilla's hat but her coat/dress is like a sack. Charles is busting out all over!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480June 18, 2019 7:35 PM

Bea's bug eyes follow you wherever you go like Mona Lisa's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481June 18, 2019 7:36 PM

Bea, what's up with your tassels, girl?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482June 18, 2019 7:37 PM

The Ascot theme is blue.

Since the Queen turned 90 she has cut down on a lot of engagements, including christenings, so no Louis or Archie.

by Anonymousreply 483June 18, 2019 7:37 PM

Blooming lovely!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484June 18, 2019 7:38 PM

Anne doesn't give a damn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485June 18, 2019 7:42 PM

Since when has she? The woman wears 40 year old outfits.

by Anonymousreply 486June 18, 2019 7:43 PM

Here is the Queen's new bodyguard. They know each other well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487June 18, 2019 7:44 PM

R206 you are so kind to post last year's Ascot look as interpreted by The Duchess of Me. What can I say? A nylon horsehair hat atop a preppy collared button down dress? O_o The fit is atrocious -- her bust is closer to the teeny black belt at the "waist" than it is to the neck. And they say Camilla needs foundation! At least the wine stains were soaked out, that's a plus. Cheerio mate!

by Anonymousreply 488June 18, 2019 7:44 PM

Photos of the Cambridges. They're fine. They send their love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489June 18, 2019 7:46 PM

A video of William and Kate presenting the trophy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490June 18, 2019 7:49 PM

R256 JodIe Kidd's dress is certainly NOT a knockoff of Sparkles' hideous dress from last year. Nobody wants to look like Meg Markle.

by Anonymousreply 491June 18, 2019 7:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492June 18, 2019 7:56 PM

Bea's dress might look nice on a hanger, but those just short of the elbow sleeves make her look like the old maiden schoolteacher.

by Anonymousreply 493June 18, 2019 7:59 PM

Whichever sister is in the blue looks like her nipples are popping up oops

by Anonymousreply 494June 18, 2019 8:00 PM

Yes, R494, I noticed that too. Euge's nipples are on the sides of her breasts. Rather a unique aspect, non?

by Anonymousreply 495June 18, 2019 8:02 PM

I don't think they are nipples, Euge is obviously wearing a bra, it is the unfortunate cut of the seams on the front of her dress.

by Anonymousreply 496June 18, 2019 8:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497June 18, 2019 8:05 PM

Twitter Thinks Kate Middleton Was Super Rude to Queen Letizia of Spain

And because Letizia is a queen, a lot of people are all up in arms about how Kate should have curtsied to her.

Watch the Twitter video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498June 18, 2019 8:06 PM

It's the darts on Eugenie's dress not her nipples. It doesn't matter. It still looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 499June 18, 2019 8:07 PM

r324 on the off chance you're serious, the BRF do not fund tours. They are funded by the British Government, who the BRF are representing. They are effectively diplomats who get paid in expenses.

r497 Whatever happened to those two dogs she adopted?

by Anonymousreply 500June 18, 2019 8:07 PM

On link below, swipe through to the 4th picture - of Beatrice.

She looks great in this picture. The best picture of her I've ever seen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501June 18, 2019 8:11 PM

R500

Guy the Beagle was dead within the first month of living at KP.

Bogart, to his great relief, was left in Canada, where he mourns his friend Guy.

by Anonymousreply 502June 18, 2019 8:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503June 18, 2019 8:21 PM

Andrew looks intimidating as hell in R501's picture. I wouldn't want to be on that guy's bad side.

by Anonymousreply 504June 18, 2019 8:25 PM

We have this each and every time someone wears a dress with improperly finished and/or pressed darts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505June 18, 2019 8:25 PM

Wow R501 - you're right, that might be the best I've ever seen her look. She looks better slimmer, but what's striking about that shot is how good she look in the simple black. No frou frou, no frills or ruffles or trendy details. I would love to see Bea in more a modern, minimalist wardrobe.

As for her sis, Yuge a pawg you guys. (pawg: phat ass white girl). And I'm seeing solicitousness from Zara and maybe a little from Kate towards the Yorkie. It'd be nice if she was knocked up but there's no belly as of yet. Normal, ofc, just don't want to assume too much. Some belly touching from Kate, too, although she's a)never been much of a cupper and b)a[[ears to be violently ill for the first few months of pregnancy so I doubt she's up the duff. Zara seems to have an actually belly, but who knows if it's baby or just her regular tum? Probably the latter.

Meghan's "senior" rescue (who was 5-6 years old at most, proven by her social media posts when she got him) was left in Toronto and the little old beagle suffered a devastating accident very soon after his arrival in the UK and hasn't been seen, since. I mean sure, Mayhew, definitely go ahead and use a woman who appears to be the exact opposite of what rescues look for in an adopter (I've had to fill out those endless forms, and swear in my own blood that for no reason, including apocalypse, would I even think of giving up the dog) to represent your dog charity.

Usually i just make fun of Meg but her treatment of her rescues, after using them for 'me so compassionate' SM cred for years, makes me vaguely nauseous.

by Anonymousreply 506June 18, 2019 8:29 PM

....and the usual projection and tripe from the nutty hags.

They swear it's the megastans that are race obsessed and how they are sooo above it, yet they're the only ones bringing up meghans race and of course, her race is the ONLY REASON anyone likes her.

It couldn't be anything else, you see.

As for their reasons for liking Kate? *crickets* something something about at least she's not meghan. 3 years ago you couldn't find a kind word about her. If anyone likes anyone just because of their race it's the fairweather kate fans. Yes, they project but thats because they're guilty of what they accuse the megastans of. They can't fathom liking someone as utterly useless as Kate for any other reason than her being white so they project the same reasoning on meghan and her fans.

by Anonymousreply 507June 18, 2019 8:32 PM

Kate doesn't look like she has motion sickness in the carriage. Story @R498 is bullshit as usual. Kate probably curtsied to both Queens when she met them before the ceremony began.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508June 18, 2019 8:34 PM

If anyone looked worse for wear in the carriage it was Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509June 18, 2019 8:35 PM

Which one is NOT like the others?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510June 18, 2019 8:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511June 18, 2019 8:38 PM

Is that a Corgi like the queen's?

by Anonymousreply 512June 18, 2019 8:39 PM

R510. Love Eug. Hate the hat. Come on, girl. You know better.

by Anonymousreply 513June 18, 2019 8:39 PM

R506, right? Beware, Archie.

by Anonymousreply 514June 18, 2019 8:40 PM

R512 The article says Minnie is a Jack Russell cross.

by Anonymousreply 515June 18, 2019 8:41 PM

Meghan talking about herself again, blah blah blah, instead of about the Mayhew. Me, me, me, I , I, blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 516June 18, 2019 8:58 PM

Is anyone here qualified to apply for the Queen's Health and Safety Advisor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517June 18, 2019 9:09 PM

FRom R9

“Remember reading that Doria was taking childcare classes?“

Well of course....she knew she fucked up MM and.she sure as hell didn’t want it to happen again.

by Anonymousreply 518June 18, 2019 9:12 PM

You don't spend all day curtsying. You curtsy only on your first meeting of the day (well there might be a few exceptions, like at a formal state occasion and it's an expected part of the ceremony). Kate and and Letizia arrived in the same car so obviously they were past that point.

I loved Kate's outfit, all of it, including the pussy bow. And I liked Bea's outfit too and I can't ever remember saying that before.

Finally, as already mentioned, those aren't Eug's nipples. They are very unfortunately placed darts at the end of seams. Enlarge the pics, it's quite clear.

by Anonymousreply 519June 18, 2019 9:12 PM

[quote] Kate and and Letizia arrived in the same car

Kate arrived with Maxima. It's unclear from the footage if they had met earlier in the day.

by Anonymousreply 520June 18, 2019 9:20 PM

R520 - of course they met earlier in the day. They all probably congregated at Windsor Castle before the ceremony. Kate has been in the Royal Family for a long time and she doesn't have to be told when to curtsey unlike someone else I won't mention.

by Anonymousreply 521June 18, 2019 9:24 PM

R519 - No matter how often you tell Americans that Kate by all odds curtsied to both women as they met in the morning before heading to Ascot, and wasn't required to do so again, they don't believe you.

by Anonymousreply 522June 18, 2019 9:26 PM

How far is Ascot from Windsor? Where are the foreign royals stayiing?

by Anonymousreply 523June 18, 2019 9:42 PM

R523 - Not too far, five or six miles, I think.

by Anonymousreply 524June 18, 2019 9:45 PM

HM has a house party at Windsor for Royal Ascot as it’s her event - she owns the racecourse.

by Anonymousreply 525June 18, 2019 9:53 PM

To posters wondering why MM has fans, I ask why does Kate or any other member of the firm have fans?

by Anonymousreply 526June 18, 2019 10:03 PM

R526 - Projection.

by Anonymousreply 527June 18, 2019 10:06 PM

r507 why don't you explain all the reasons for liking Meg then, other than projection? Instead of deflecting and talking about Kate. I don't care about Kate. I would like to know what it is about Meg that inspires such obsession.

by Anonymousreply 528June 18, 2019 10:07 PM

r526 You seem to be mistaking the BRF for celebrities for whom fame is a transitory thing . They're not celebrities. They don't need fans. They've got Subjects! (kidding, we're no longer subjects) They've existed for over 1000 years, they are deeply entwined in the fabric of the UK. All the BRF need to do is turn up, do their job and not rock the boat. Chasing fame and celebrity is rocking the boat and a sure-fire way to ending their existance.

by Anonymousreply 529June 18, 2019 10:10 PM

Eugenie's dress was okay except for those bizarre darts at the bosom producing their nipply effect. And I liked Bea's jaunty hat. I'm not very motivated by the whole underlying psychodrama involving the Sussexes: I'm here for the outfits.

by Anonymousreply 530June 18, 2019 10:12 PM

Cute article featuring a photo from 1970 or so, with Sarah Ferguson and her future husband hanging out with the other royal kids and Queen Elizabeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531June 18, 2019 10:36 PM

R520 has nailed it. The BRF is a separate sort of fame - backed by nation-state history and evolution, the stuff children read about as they go through schools. The Wars of the Roses may seem like our longest running soap, but in fact, its outcome led to the Tudor dynasty which led to the break with Rome by Henry VIII which led to the title Defender of the Faith that the Queen carries and the only recently discarded necessity for anyone in the direct line of succession to be a Protestant.

The line between royalty and celebrity has always been a dangerous one, which the Queen, her mother, and her grandmother understood very, very well, especially after the Abdication.

If the royals are no different from the Kardashians, the question is begged: why have them at all and more to the point, why pay for them?

So the prestige has to be carefully kept on one side of that line, especially with their real powers gone. This is something Meghan Markle either doesn't understand or doesn't care about: she got what she needed (global fame) and she wants to "brand" herself. Kate, on the other hand, does get it, and she has much more invested in the institution's survival: it's her children's heritage and patrimony. Meghan doesn't give fuck all about it as by now she knows by now that her kids are going to be minor footnotes in this great historical chain. If it ended tomorrow, she'd have gotten what she came for.

That's why they were fools to her in. And that's why the Queen clearly prefers Kate: she can tell that Kate isn't in it for the Fashion Icon awards, the glitz, the limelight, or the "brand". She's in it for her place at the top and her children's places at the top.

I repeat: the BRF were fools to let Meghan in. They should have known her for the narcissistic user that she is, and read Harry the riot act.

by Anonymousreply 532June 18, 2019 11:00 PM

Letting Meghan in was probably more to do with Charles pathetic nature meeting Harry's complete dimness. They wouldn't be the first family to see badly raised son bring in an obvious bad match and letting it happen

by Anonymousreply 533June 18, 2019 11:02 PM

But if they'd never let meghan in....you'd still be hating kate....awkward...

by Anonymousreply 534June 18, 2019 11:33 PM

[quote]But for people coming from an unstable background maybe marrying into the British royal family is perceived as the one 'big fix' that will solve their problems in one fell swoop. So they look up to her for that and hope for the same thing themselves.

In other words, princess fantasies are alive and well in post-feminist 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 535June 18, 2019 11:43 PM

Is Sussex Royal still affiliated with the BRF? I ask beause if that’s so, the royals leave themselves open to liability based on the marketing of phony cures, etc. Second, the poorly edited copy on SR does not reflect well on the family. And finally, why should the Queen support an endeavor geared toward Americans, ine which is funded by British taxpayers (per Forbes). Just don’t get it!

by Anonymousreply 536June 18, 2019 11:43 PM

The Queen has known Kate much longer. That doesn't mean she "prefers her". I remember after the divorces her comment of something like "After all we've done for those two girls from broken homes!" regarding Diana and Fergie.

Anyone who married in is one of "them", no matter how well liked. Only the true blood Royals matter.

by Anonymousreply 537June 18, 2019 11:45 PM

Harry and Meghan can follow their cousin Tindall and design jewelry and pose by Range Rovers to bring in some coin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538June 18, 2019 11:54 PM

I suppose you could say that Zara is "merching" for Range Rover.

by Anonymousreply 539June 18, 2019 11:54 PM

More " merching" by Zara. Long before Meghan, Zara was leading the way to profit off her royal connections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540June 18, 2019 11:56 PM

Flashback Tuesday. Remember when Mike Tindall was videotaped making out with a random woman in a bar? I bet Zara still remembers that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541June 19, 2019 12:00 AM

I have read here several times that the BRF is not about popularity yet there seems to be these national polls that measure the popularity of the members of the BRF. In addition there are endless threads about how unpopular MM is. So which is it? Does popularity matter or does it not?

BTW - Kate, Chelsey Davies and the other woman Harry dated are all anglophiles so they are committed to the status quo. Kate spent years preparing to be William's wife. MM is not which makes sense to me because it is a system that would reject her on so many levels, even if she were a near saint, because of race, lack of social position or wealth.

by Anonymousreply 542June 19, 2019 12:04 AM

R540 - Zara isn't a "working" royal and doesn't receive support from the UK taxpayer and can wear fashions from Saturn and merch anything she likes.

Royals on the taxpayer payroll can't.

by Anonymousreply 543June 19, 2019 12:05 AM

Good for Zara.

by Anonymousreply 544June 19, 2019 12:05 AM

R507 Oh dear, I can tell you don't read much and just echo what Meghan fans say about poor lil' Meghan being undeserving of any criticism. You can't have it both way hon, she's been exalted and given a pass on many transgressions because she's biracial. The NYT and even the fucking Guardian of all papers, have written glowing portrayals of her, all the while not saying one peep about the unsavory aspects of character or missteps. Imaging if Kate has shilled for her rich friend's yoga venture for the wealthy under the guise of mental health, do you think she'd get flack for it? Yes of course. But not Meghan because she must be treated differently simply due to her background. I'm of course talking about the respected news sources not The Sun or DM with their tabloid leanings.

You'e also forgetting to mention half the story. Yes, Kate was not as beloved even just 3-4 years ago. But that's due to her becoming a mother and also due to the arrival of Meghan. Meghan's antics and climbing ways have made Kate look good even in the eyes of those who previously thought of her as Wait-y Katey and not the hardest working royal. Meghan's thirsty ways have made people reevaluate Kate a second time and many have come across with the impression of Kate as 'well she's not bad after all, she's conducted herself respectably under the circumstances'. You're also forgetting that the press was very critical of Kate in ways that had to do with class in a very class-conscious society. They obsess about class over there not unlike we obsess about race here in the US. I was neutral on Meghan at first but that changed quickly when stories came out about her that painted her as decidedly not a nice person. I mean, who mails back wedding ring while abruptly breaking off marriage? Who regularly ghosts closed, loved ones with seeming ease, and who proclaims to love her dad but then never had him meet Harry? What about trying to hook "a famous British man" while still in a relationship with boyfriend? In totality, these are things that normal, flawed people don't do, rather they are warning signs of someone who has emotional issues.

by Anonymousreply 545June 19, 2019 12:06 AM

R542 - Kate isn't an "anglophile": she's already English. Anglophile is a term used about non-English people who love England and English culture and literature and history. Chelsy Davy was South African. Her father owns half of Zimbabwe, and no one knows how she would have behaved as a royal duchess.

Meghan Markle is receiving the privileges of the status quo. Therefore, she should respect it.

by Anonymousreply 546June 19, 2019 12:08 AM

It would have been interesting if Harry hadn't been an immature kid and stayed with chelsy. Her dad literally owning a nice chunk of zimbabwe + the family liking her a lot + the whole billionaire thing.

by Anonymousreply 547June 19, 2019 12:08 AM

R531. That's why the queen likes Sarah Ferguson so much. Liz has known Sarah since she was a kid. Those bonds are hard to break.

by Anonymousreply 548June 19, 2019 12:10 AM

Camilla likely has a few good years left but I'm afraid she'll be joining Phillip as non-working royal soon enough. Those smoker's lungs have a more finite shelf life than those who don't smoke. At her age she's likely to be feeling that effect, getting more winded and tired from just regular activities. Charles outwardly may look bad but he's probably healthier than Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 549June 19, 2019 12:11 AM

[quote]As for her sis, Yuge a pawg you guys. (pawg: phat ass white girl). And I'm seeing solicitousness from Zara and maybe a little from Kate towards the Yorkie. It'd be nice if she was knocked up but there's no belly as of yet. Normal, ofc, just don't want to assume too much.

My theory is that Eug is currently newly pregnant, or perhaps was up until recently and had a miscarriage in her late 1st/early 2nd trimester. She was looking rather larg-ish there for a while, wearing very baggy clothes or otherwise covering up her midsection in public.

She missed Ella Windsor's wedding when she and hubby Jack were allegedly in the UK. Perhaps she was recovering from something...its nasty to speculate and I like her, if something did happen wish her & Jack all the best and luck for a future fam.

by Anonymousreply 550June 19, 2019 12:13 AM

How about when Harry was pictured snuggling up to a pretty blond at a concert in summer 2017? Zara can merch all she wishes she isnt on the taxpayers dime, unlike Ginge and Cringe. What I've noticed is Meghan fans seem to consist mostly of low income/uneducated women of color who feel hard done by. They blame white people for all of their personal failings and seem to think Meghan is some sort of validation for them. They know absolutely nothing about the BRF can't seem to understand Harry and William will never be equal. They see Kate's preferential treatment as "white privilege" and hate her for it. This is why they keep trying desperately to make the Cambridges look bad. Bring them down to their level. I was on Twitter the day they were all sharing the Prince William affair hashtag. It was a coordinated goal to make it go viral. These people are the lowest of the low rent trash in the U.S. they are people who want to grift their way through life like their hero. Their sense of entitlement is even worse than Meghan's. When the inevitable divorce announcement comes they are going to fall apart en masse. Then the hate campaign against Harry will begin.

by Anonymousreply 551June 19, 2019 12:18 AM

R349 Hit the nail on the head! Plus I think a fair few of MM's Stans are Americans who are in the age group when William was the poster boy Prince and they were all in love with him. I think they would have been jealous of the girl that married Wills especially one that is a normal middle class girl like Kate. It's like the Princess Mary hate too, women can't get over that she met a prince in a pub in Sydney and she ends up a princess, it's like they are dirty it wasn't them and they missed their chance so they hate on that person. "She's no better than me so why can't it be me"

R420 I do agree with elements of what you have said though disagree with the Andrew/Fergie assessment. Yes he was in love with Koo Stark but people forget he was mad about Fergie, he didn't have to settle to marry her and in fact she was the one who strayed from him because of his job more than anything. I don't think he ever got over her hence the fact they are secretly still together.

by Anonymousreply 552June 19, 2019 12:19 AM

Chelsy davys dad has close ties to robert mugabe. Very shady. You can look that one up.

And during their dating years it did come up and it was considered "problematic". Chelsys dad btw, said that there is no way harry will be allowed to marry chelsy because she's not English. Anyway, same whitewashing that happened to kate 3 years ago, happened to chelsy. People were so cruel to her, those same people now claim to love chelsy lol

by Anonymousreply 553June 19, 2019 12:20 AM

How are Andrew and Fergie "secretly together", when they own a ski lodge jointly and she lives at Royal Lodge with Andrew?

by Anonymousreply 554June 19, 2019 12:27 AM

You could very well be right, R550 - makes sense. Yuge has gained a noticeable amount of weight over the past couple of months and I was almost certain she was knocked up when she didn't show at the Windsor wedding and a few other public events around that time. I really hope she's either newly pregnant or just enjoying newlywed life, and hasn't suffered and early loss.

by Anonymousreply 555June 19, 2019 12:28 AM

mail back engagement ring? Marriage was over, we don't know what happened between her and Trevor for it to end. In any case, I don't see what's so wrong about that, she didn't ask for money. Ghosting loved ones? You mean the ones who sold her out? Gee, I wonder why she did that...

Didn't allow her dad, who also sold her out, to meet her fiancé? Well I never!

What british men ? Max? He already denied it.

Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 556June 19, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote] This theory would explain one of the things about MM's fan base that I find so puzzling. People write that Meghan Markle is "a role model" and "an inspiration". Inspiration for what? What exactly is Meghan Markle an inspiration for? Being hot and light-skinned and getting a rich white guy to marry you? So that's the life strategy they're endorsing?

And what is Kate an inspiration for? Having millionaire parents who supported her until the age of about 30? For never having worked a whole day in her life? And shitty little part time job at Jigsaw (owned by her parent's friends) was bullshit. I doubt she worked 40 hours at that place. She's never bought herself anything with any money she's earned. NEVER

by Anonymousreply 557June 19, 2019 12:42 AM

R557, Kate can serve a mean half-chicken breast, lukewarm.

by Anonymousreply 558June 19, 2019 12:45 AM

The whole curtsy to Letizia is stupid, of course Kate did it earlier when they all met up before the garter ceremony. MM Stans have a thing about Leti and are really keen for her and MM to meet up and be friends. So they would have been insanely jealous that Kate got many insta-worthy moments with her. It also has something to do with MM allegedly been able to speak Spanish and they could collectively cream their pants if they saw MM say Hola to Leti. Of course the dumb bitches forget that Queen Maxima is Argentinian but they are so stupid they probably think she speaks "Argentinian" They also think that MM can speak fluent French because she said "merci" in Morocco.

by Anonymousreply 559June 19, 2019 12:50 AM

It'a stunning how many Markle sugars seem to honestly believe that if the Markles can just make themselves more popular than the Cambridges, HM can and will appoint them the next King and Queen instead. They really believe that. It's dumbfounding, really.

by Anonymousreply 560June 19, 2019 12:52 AM

Plenty of people are ignorant of history and protocol, both Kate and Meg fans.

I've read dozens of posts here about the Queen retiring and Charles becoming king.

by Anonymousreply 561June 19, 2019 12:55 AM

R557 Oh dear you really are upset about this. You do realise that this is a gossip board honey and I'm not aware that anywhere on here people have been looking at Kate as the most inspirational person ever! Most of us just want to get our hands on the tiaras and jewels she will get to wear in the future tbh

You really need to calm down and maybe go to another board that sings the praises of your greatest most inspirational love or to her instagram where you will find likeminded people.

by Anonymousreply 562June 19, 2019 12:57 AM

R557 demonstrates that it really is that they resent that Kate had an easy life with a supportive family. That's not my upbringing but I don't resent people who are lucky enough to be born into those circumstances.

I wouldn't say Kate should be an inspiration or role model or anything like. I don't really look at anyone that way. But I do like the way Kate presents herself. She really makes it look effortless. Obviously she has help but Meghan is evidence that you can have help and money and still look like a mess and be a mess. Kate's job is to be the wife of the future king and mother of the future king. Not the path in life I would have ever wanted but she does the job well. She puts a lot of thought into whatever she does. She understands her role and she executes it flawlessly.

by Anonymousreply 563June 19, 2019 12:58 AM

It's kind of funny, but really very telling that Kate was smiling at that ceremony with Queen Letizia. On the way there, one of her police drivers had ran into an old woman in the road on their way to the ceremony. The woman is seriously injured. One hour later, Kate was able to smile, giggle and laugh

by Anonymousreply 564June 19, 2019 12:59 AM

R556 Are you new to the Meghan/ Harry shit show? Ninaki Priddy who's Meghan's friend of 30 years got ghosted and that's before she spilled the beans about Bean. She said Trevor was blindsided and that she thought the way in which Meghan handled the divorce to be horrible. Priddy said once Meghan tasted fame, she promptly left behind her old friends and became very calculating. Fame had changed her.

As for her dad, well she was singing his praises and wanting him to go walk her down the aisle, albeit in hindsight it's more likely that she never intended for that to happen anyways. She/ Harry never bothered to send any representative to ease TM into the fold, did they expect him to just show up on the day of? That whole debacle is still not fully explained. Harry married a woman whose dad was still alive and someone she raved about, yet she never bothered for them to meet. Normal? No. As for other family members with whom she was friendly, including I believe Sam's daughter, why didn't she invite them to the wedding? Why were there no relatives from Doria's side invited? It's likely they don't meet her cultivated image.

The famous British man comment was said to Lizzy Cundy. The timeline made sense as Meghan was ingratiating herself with the Chelsea set, wanting to get on MIC reality show even befriending cast members Millie Mackintosh and Jessica Woodley.

R557 Kate's lucky in having been born into that circumstance, with wealthy parents who love her and could provide for her. Some women even when born under such circumstances strive to accomplish things professionally while others follow the handbook and marry well so that they don't have to work. Also you pretty much just described Harry except Harry is dumb as a gnat even needing to cheat to pass courses just to graduate, not even university material. Dropped out of military because he didn't want to take or can't pass exams to move up the ranks. The only thing that interests him are game hunting and gaining fame as His Wokeness in promoting their brand. This is the same Harry that Meghan fans go ga-ga over, hypocrite much?

There's nothing inspirational about Kate and people don't see her under those lenses. Kate herself isn't out there perpetuating an image of inspiration either. Compare to Meghan who's actually trying to do that, and you can see how the two are very different and viewed differently.

by Anonymousreply 565June 19, 2019 1:00 AM

What would Camilla's title be if Charles predeceaased the Queen? HRH the Dowager Countess of Cornwall?

by Anonymousreply 566June 19, 2019 1:00 AM

[quote] demonstrates that it really is that they resent that Kate had an easy life with a supportive family. That's not my upbringing but I don't resent people who are lucky enough to be born into those circumstances

I don't resent her. I don't know her, but there is nothing to admire about her. Neither she nor Meghan are an inspiration. And they shouldn't be

by Anonymousreply 567June 19, 2019 1:02 AM

You actually do sound pretty resentful.

by Anonymousreply 568June 19, 2019 1:06 AM

[quote] Are you new to the Meghan/ Harry shit show? Ninaki Priddy who's Meghan's friend of 30 years got ghosted

From what I've read, she was ghosted after she sided with the husband in the divorce. I wouldn't be friends with someone who sided with my ex in a divorce. Especially if they were my long time friend. No one knows what goes on in a marriage. They didn't have kids. Who the fuck cares if they got divorced? If one of my friends was getting divorced and I felt super strongly she was shitting on her husband, I wouldn't be friends with her any longer. People divorce everyday and their friends take sides. It's life.

by Anonymousreply 569June 19, 2019 1:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570June 19, 2019 1:08 AM

Didn't all their old friends take the husband's side? That's pretty telling.

by Anonymousreply 571June 19, 2019 1:14 AM

Some of you sound resentful meghan only had to be hot and voíla! She got the prince. Didn't have to wait 10 years either.

by Anonymousreply 572June 19, 2019 1:15 AM

R569 The 30-year friend felt close enough to Meghan to say something about the way she handled the breakup. You're right, Meghan didn't want someone nor anyone for that matter to be honest with her even if honesty comes across as disapproval. Depending on the person, yes they would see it as enough to ditch a 30-year friendship. Her actions are consistent with someone who only had her mom and no other relatives, in addition to celebrity friends who likely wouldn't even give her a second glance had she not landed Harry.

by Anonymousreply 573June 19, 2019 1:15 AM

^^^had her mom and no other relatives at the wedding

by Anonymousreply 574June 19, 2019 1:16 AM

Who would give any of the BRF a second glance if they weren't who they are? The lot are inbred dimwits. What a stupid comment.

by Anonymousreply 575June 19, 2019 1:19 AM

Why didn't Meghan invite her diplomat uncle who helped her get the internship at the embassy in Argentina? Could it be because if he'd shown up then people would do more digging and find out unsavory truths about Meghan's short time there? Poor uncle Michael.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576June 19, 2019 1:22 AM

Didn't she ditch the internship partway through to go with a man, and wasn't even able to pass the foreign service exam. I remember this being laid out in the old dangling tendril threads

by Anonymousreply 577June 19, 2019 1:26 AM

I find it suspicious that we know nothing of the 4 years she spent in college, beyond her sorority and major. What did this outspoken humanitarian accomplish during her time in college? You can bet we would know about anything exceptional, so I suspect she just had a great time at her dad's expense. She didn't even graduate with any honors in a fairly basic communications major. No mention of any acting either.

by Anonymousreply 578June 19, 2019 1:27 AM

[quote] had her mom and no other relatives at the wedding

She probably didn't invite them because she knew racist cunts like you would criticize and mock them

by Anonymousreply 579June 19, 2019 1:27 AM

Clooney was more important to her future

by Anonymousreply 580June 19, 2019 1:30 AM

R506 - her treatment of her dogs is one of the first things that turned me against her. I can’t imagine leaving one of mine (and I find it hard to believe that a dog as young as hers was “too old to travel” - especially when you know she could afford to fly him in a pressurized cabin not sedated in cargo) or separating two dogs that are likely bonded.

by Anonymousreply 581June 19, 2019 1:31 AM

R577 I remember reading an article before the wedding, about Meghan being the subject of much talk at that embassy. Something about her being in a relationship with an older, married Argentinean man. This was in an online newspaper not tabloid, it wasn't gossipy but more like hmmm...interesting stuff. I was neutral on her back then but got more interested in Diana 2.0 shit show as more revelations like that came out.

R579 Yawn.....crying racism over nonexistent racism. Try harder but don't blow an artery doing it.

by Anonymousreply 582June 19, 2019 1:32 AM

Why are there so many Megstans on here at the moment? wtf are you people trying to achieve? Do you honestly think that you can convince people on here that MM is some saint and the only reason we don't like her is because we are racist and sexist? Go away back to your basements and go back to CB or accounts like duchess_of_sussex on instagram where you can sing her praises until you come in your big manky knickers

by Anonymousreply 583June 19, 2019 1:32 AM

[quote] Could it be because if he'd shown up then people would do more digging and find out unsavory truths about Meghan's short time there?

Could it be? Do tell. Because none of the British tabloids would ever try to dig into her background unless she invited that uncle

Her shitty half siblings have sold out all her and her mother's secrets. Stop fantasizing and making shit up

I have a feeling you are one of the wack jobs who swore she was faking her pregnancy and had a surrogate or that this is her third marriage. If this was her third marriage, her sister would have been swinging from the rafters telling the story to anyone who would listen.

by Anonymousreply 584June 19, 2019 1:33 AM

Same with the age. She's actually 41!

by Anonymousreply 585June 19, 2019 1:35 AM

Camilla's title probably would be Dowager Duchess of Cornwall. Willliam would become Prince of Wales and at the same time inherit the duchy and its title. Kate would become Princess of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall. But Princes of Wales generally go by that title. The only reason Cornwall gets mentioned so often is because Camilla chose not to use Princess of Wales because it was so associated with Diana. But for Kate, Princess of Wales will be fine, so Camilla will go on using Cornwall.

by Anonymousreply 586June 19, 2019 1:35 AM

Has this video been posted here? It's a younger markle giving a 'tour' of her life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587June 19, 2019 1:36 AM

R584 You sound like you're way too invested in this personally. This is DL gossip thread and it is you who should leave if you can't handle your Queen being gossiped about.

Also you're not very good at reading people, hon. I'm actually one of the sane ones who told off cray surrogate and fake baby conspiracy theorists. Recently told off those who said Meghan was abusing drugs such as Adderall. What I am good at is sussing out loonies on both sides, including you hon.

by Anonymousreply 588June 19, 2019 1:37 AM

[quote]What would Camilla's title be if Charles predeceaased the Queen? HRH the Dowager Countess of Cornwall?

Dowager Duchess of Rottweiler

by Anonymousreply 589June 19, 2019 1:40 AM

R584 you also must be dense too. Of course Meghan didn't want more attention focused on uncle Michael at the wedding. That would invite closer examination and questions about her time in Argentina. So he didn't get the invite, simple as that. Find it interesting that Meghan doesn't talk much about her time in Argentina, I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 590June 19, 2019 1:41 AM

[quote] I remember reading an article before the wedding, about Meghan being the subject of much talk at that embassy

If you read it online, it must be true. Just like her faked pregnancy, third marriage, her mother being a I-don't-even-know, drug dealer or prostitute or some made up bullshit. If any of these tales were true, the British tabloids would have dug it up already

I don't even really like her. What's to like about her? What's to dislike? You are all jacked up all day, every FUCKING day because of the way she dresses? I just see TENS OF THOUSANDS of posts about this woman. And it's fucking disgustingly funny and SUPER PATHETIC that you all wake every day and the first thing you do and the last thing you do, is check the internet about stories about this woman. Get jobs. Try getting out of your mom's basement once in a while. I don't understand why this is the main focus of your lives. Are you sad, pathetic gay men? Or are you just sad, pathetic women?

And R588, there are probably hundreds of posts from you about this woman you don't know. You can't say the same about me

by Anonymousreply 591June 19, 2019 1:41 AM

Thanks for posting the video. Interesting that she notes she and her dad were not on the best of terms.. She was 18, obv they reconciled and he continued to be a primary source of financial support for years to come. So maybe he was ghosted intermittently?

by Anonymousreply 592June 19, 2019 1:47 AM

Which Tori Amos music video was she in?

by Anonymousreply 593June 19, 2019 1:48 AM

R591 Oh honey, showing only part of my posts not including the part where I said it was an online newspaper of repute, not a tabloid. For someone who says "I don't really like her" in reference to Meghan, you sure sound unhinged in devotion to her, not allowing gossip on a fucking DL gossip thread. Oh and I am R588 too and I only wish I had enough time to post hundred of posts here, wow you are so perceptive, NOT. See how I used caps in a word there just you do with liberal use of caps, I did it to calm you down because your posts are becoming more unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 594June 19, 2019 1:49 AM

[quote] Find it interesting that Meghan doesn't talk much about her time in Argentina, I wonder why.

She actually doesn't really talk about anything. The British tabloids say she said this or she said that, or she and Harry are doing this or that and you believe it all. WHY? what is wrong with you that you believe every damned rumour that the daily fail posts? They've basically been more wrong about her than they have been right about her. Even my dog gets things right at least 50% of the time. His average is higher than the fail

If you go back to her appearances (I don't know what they call it) for charity since being in the royal family, she's hasn't said much. Go back and read about her trips/visits to places and see what she actually said. It wasn't much. She doesn't have much to say. None of the royal family really does (except for charles). They go to these things, they make small talk and that's it. If it's Kate and William you think they've cured cancer. If it's Harry or Meghan you think they've tried to start World War 3

by Anonymousreply 595June 19, 2019 1:49 AM

[quote] Oh honey, showing only part of my posts not including the part where I said it was an online newspaper of repute, not a tabloid.

The daily fail is all about stealing other newspapers/websites/social media's stuff and reporting it as their own. That is where 95% of their shit comes from. It's odd that they didn't see fit to print this tale you speak about. Because let's face it, the daily fail would report if she farted or even if someone else said she farted

And I actually know someone who has gotten a settlement from the Daily Fail. Their parent was a crime victim and the Fail reported rumors about the parent

by Anonymousreply 596June 19, 2019 1:55 AM

R595 She doesn't say much? She says quite a bit about being a humanitarian, mentions it quite a lot. Which is fine if that's her thing, but with Meghan there's more to the story. Why do you lump Kate in all of this? Kate is a blank slate and doesn't talk much because she's not a publicity seeker, probably she's a bit dull. Being a mom and not having opinions suit boring Kate just fine. The most interesting thing about Kate was that she was the victim of bullying at school. Meghan is fascinating because as a social climber she has left evidence all over the place, including The Tig. She speaks a helluva lot more than Kate in that regard. We'd be slagging Kate too if she had a blog that shows her to be basic frau.

by Anonymousreply 597June 19, 2019 1:56 AM

So we aren't supposed to gossip about what's been reported at the Daily Mail because their journalistic standards aren't high enough for gossip board fodder. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 598June 19, 2019 1:56 AM

fact based gossiping

by Anonymousreply 599June 19, 2019 2:02 AM

Lol @ "fact based gossiping"

by Anonymousreply 600June 19, 2019 2:04 AM

Kate is the Queen of the frauen.

by Anonymousreply 601June 19, 2019 2:06 AM

R598 I think there's merit in acknowledging that this is speculation and gossip. At best, they are some journalists analysis of scraps of information.

Sometimes people act like a story they read online or in the DM is fully verified.

by Anonymousreply 602June 19, 2019 2:10 AM

Direct from Celebitchy today (I apologize to those of you who don't like to hear about the delusion there, so feel free to skip):

[quote] The Sussexes unchained are global rock stars.

I say, UNCHAIN the global rockstars right now!! No titles and no money from the British taxpayers to fund the roving royals. They don't need it because they're so woke and they have dangling feet and sepia photos and much IG likes (and Amal and Oprah as "friends" as long as they are seen as beneficial to the agenda.)

by Anonymousreply 603June 19, 2019 2:16 AM

Difference between Kate and Meg: Kate wasn’t sold to the American public by the prestige media as a hero, while Meg, the “Hollywood starl” (?), was made out (with the help of a bottomless PR budget), to be a racial trailblazer, feminist and humanitarian. But all Meg did was marry a dim rich boy who gave her a megaphone thru which to spout her phony wokeness while enjoying a life of ease and opulence. And i haven’t even touched on her character and personality.

And no, idiots: Meg isn’t 41.

by Anonymousreply 604June 19, 2019 2:17 AM

R581 - Agreed. It's a joke that a 5-6 year old dog was too old to make the trip to the UK. Harry has the resources to get a barely middle aged dog across the Atlantic in absolute comfort, I'm sure there were a few friends with private jets or access to one that he could have called on. If it was a hated celeb who did this, the condemnation would have been universal. But because it's MM, the excuses are as frequent as they are thin. And to make her the patron of an animal rescue organization after this? Absolute joke.

by Anonymousreply 605June 19, 2019 2:18 AM

Sounds pretty inspirational to me, r557. Sign me up!

by Anonymousreply 606June 19, 2019 2:24 AM

‘Dowager Duchess of Rottweiler’ - thanks for the laugh, R589.

by Anonymousreply 607June 19, 2019 2:26 AM

Oops, and I say that as a Camilla fan. (607)

by Anonymousreply 608June 19, 2019 2:28 AM

New Thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 609June 19, 2019 2:31 AM

Meghan is smarter and more educated than Harry. I think this is a huge threat to their relationship. Spoiled and entitled, he'll chafe when Meghan grows increasingly annoyed with his dimness. She, in turn, will be resentful when Harry tells her what to do and doesn't kowtow to her superior intellect. Unless Harry is willing to defer to her, it will be fireworks.

by Anonymousreply 610June 19, 2019 2:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!