Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yuzuru Hanyu and other figure skating talk part 31

We can continue discussing here.

by Anonymousreply 600May 25, 2019 3:31 PM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2019 5:08 AM

Thanks to the poster upthread who linked to the person who did Misha and Gracie's skating class. Sorry if I played a part in continuing to mislead - just odd the way Dave reported it. If he was only there a few minutes, he shouldn't have said it was a waste of time and money because he didn't know that. Oh well, I don't vouch for what he says - but will try harder to get the nuances in there (like his "the part I saw" comment)

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2019 5:19 AM

Does this guy Dave get off on badmouthing other people? From what I've read on here it sounds like he's known to flip flop and say nasty personal things about people. I didn't know that that would be considered acceptable in FS fandom given how easily everyone gets their panties in a twist over any slight.

(Unless, of course, it's about a Korean girl being bullied by an American woman.)

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2019 5:26 AM

I can be so naive, taking people at their word. I do think Dave is trying to monetize his Internet offerings (and lure people to Patreon). And controversy is click bait. He's got a harsh photo of Eteri on the "cover" of the latest one, where he talks about her during most of it. I mean, it's off season and he's probably thinking he might lose his base, so to speak, if he doesn't keep his content up, and keep it fairly interesting.

He even quoted another vlogger (Fran?), bragging on her really. I need to try her out. I did try "In the Loop" and they're more - well, polite? less salacious? And they're nice enough to post a literal transcript of their show.

I don't know why I'm a TSL fan. Maybe it's Jonathan's curls. Or maybe I'm one of the many who's attracted by snark and shade (I'm embarrassed to admit)

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2019 5:33 AM

[quote] (Unless, of course, it's about a Korean girl being bullied by an American woman.)

are we still waiting for details from ATS about the bullying incidents?

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2019 7:42 AM

TV Alert! Johnny Weir and his brother Brian will face off against Tara Lipinski and her husband Todd on May 15 on a reality cooking competition special, “MasterChef Celebrity Family Showdown.”

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2019 8:03 AM

This is for R592 and R596 from the previous thread about Dai and Yuzu skating together. Doesn't have to be Hyoen. Maybe another ice show with similar concept. Stephane or Javi could play an evil daimyo. And Yuzu is a boy who wants to revenge for his parents death. But in order to get close to the daimyo, he has to disguise as a giirl.

Cough* yes, this is just an excuse to see Yuzu in make up and beautiful costumes * cough.

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2019 10:15 AM

I haven't gotten around to watching the episode myself, but on Japan Groove, Makabe apparently said that Zagitova wasn't invited to FaOI last year because Medvedeva seemed very upset about her Olympic loss and they didn't think it'd be a good idea to have the two together. However, since they've been performing together in other ice shows since, they decided to invite both girls and Tuk this year.

But Zagitova and Med performed together at SOI Japan 2018, which took place before FaOI? And they could've invited Zagitova only as Med had already appeared the previous year and it seemed insulting to invite all of the other gold medalists but her. Med's P&G sponsorship must prevent CIC from dropping her.

They were also thinking of retiring Candeloro when he called and asked what locations he'd be doing this year.

Toshi may be singing more songs than the other musical guests.

[quote]As long as she continues to do CMs, TV shows and ice shows in Japan, Hanyu is still good to use.

But the one Japanese CM she did was really thanks to Zagitova, not Hanyu. Thinking back, the girls had to be filmed separately and they had to use a double to play the other, which makes you wonder if there might've been more to Makabe's explanation.

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2019 10:19 AM

R8 Med's P&G sponsorship must prevent CIC from dropping her. As well as her agent Zakaryan who also works with Plu-san

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2019 11:09 AM

JDC thanks for your detailed listing of the TV network ties with various ice shows in the upthread, geez such a complicated system in Japan if you throw in the sponsors as well.

FaOI has updated their broadcast schedule this year, unfortunately two of the stops are linked with fuji tv and they rarely show more than one show per venue. I miss how CS asahi has spoilt us last year showing most of the shows.

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2019 12:24 PM

[quote]TV Alert! Johnny Weir and his brother Brian will face off against Tara Lipinski and her husband Todd on May 15 on a reality cooking competition special, “MasterChef Celebrity Family Showdown.”

But Johnny's brother is a professional chef. Gee, I wonder who's going to win. Not that I would root for Team Tara anyway.

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2019 12:32 PM

R8 With all the talk of ice show politics and agencies and shuffling etc., I think it's hilarious that Candeloro somehow managed to waltz in there and invite himself to FaOi and that they didn't have the heart to say no to him.

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2019 3:02 PM

Does candeloro have any triples now? I just recall him looking haggard at that Future and Heroes show last year. Elvis still has sharp skating skills.

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2019 4:57 PM

few observations about Candeloro. - he looked like he was going to pass out -wierd /uncomfortable interactions with audience -corny 3 musketeers sword play - as for r13, barely a triple

BUT

-standing ovation from fans to seems to be crowd pleaser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2019 5:44 PM

I think I remember an interview from Candelloro - saying the skaters today were not exciting, like he was back in the day, which I thought was rude. He must have been one of those that shirtless Weir was talking about when he said he'd retire in 2022 - that some old skaters just keep showing up to get a check, without keeping up their skills.

by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2019 7:46 PM

Alena Kostornaia SP Bella Swan from Twilight; Blue Foundation - Eyes on fire, Muse - Supermassive black hole FS Dario Marianelli - No one ever called me that

by Anonymousreply 16May 14, 2019 7:56 PM

R15 This is what Candeloro said:

“Since 2000, we have started losing charismatic skaters in every category,” Candeloro noted. “Like we don’t have a great program to remember. We already can’t remember four years ago what he (Hanyu) has done in Sochi, except in his country, because he is like a god.

“The Japanese have a very long memory, so they remember exactly what he did,” added Candeloro. “The program, every jump, where the jump was, and the spin and everything.

“But all around the world, it is more difficult to remember. So we are missing some great programs like people remember more, the atmosphere of the program, than the jumps they have made.”

by Anonymousreply 17May 14, 2019 7:59 PM

R3, being bitchy, catty, and gossipy toward people in the skating world is the TSL brand. It's how they get those clicks. Some people love it, some hate (and hate watch) it.

by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2019 7:59 PM

Well, sheesh. Those tacky one piece jumpsuits and the anemic jumps of the Brian Boitano era? That midget with the growth disorder, whose name escapes me but he announced for a while... The only memorable skaters that come to my mind are Oksana Baiul (for 15 minutes) and Sasha Cohen. Go away grampa Cando.

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2019 8:11 PM

[quote]That midget with the growth disorder, whose name escapes me but he announced for a while

hahaha

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2019 8:15 PM

R16 so is Alena a twilight fan? That Muse song was on the movie too.

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2019 8:15 PM

It's Daniil who's the fan. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2019 8:21 PM

Lmao I'd believe it.

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2019 8:24 PM

r14 has he been doing shows every year? His skating looks terrible and he managed to look both chubby and droopy assed. 1998 was such a boring Olympics - his did stand out for it's liveliness but I don't remember any really great programs.

by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2019 10:47 PM

[quote] We already can’t remember four years ago what he (Hanyu) has done in Sochi

I guess he doesn't know about this thing called the internet.

by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2019 11:05 PM

Hi, I came here to say that I was watching The Pianist and couldn't stop thinking about how much Adrien Brody looks like a skinny Plushenko (or Plushenko looks like a fat Adrien Brody?) anyway, good day to y'all.

by Anonymousreply 26May 14, 2019 11:09 PM

It's the big nose! And we all know what that means...

by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2019 11:26 PM

r24 Excuse me, Ice Dance had the best showing in, maybe, ever. I vividly remember all top 6 Free Dances and I was just a teenager back then. But those performances stayed with me for years. My butthurt that Bourne/Kraaz didn't medal, being speechless with Grishuk/Platov's Requiem, when Romeo and Juliet and Carmen could be great.

And it had the giraffe cow costume! Well, the giraffe cow costume and Tara Lipinski's smile are the only things I remember other than Ice Dance.

by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2019 11:50 PM

I remember Lu Chen's Butterfly Lovers FS from 1998

by Anonymousreply 29May 14, 2019 11:59 PM

R28 And I vividly remember that the giraffe cow was very hot.

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2019 12:13 AM

But the giraffe cow costume was the most interesting part of that program. Ilia doesn't have much performance quality. Elvis had one of his weakest programs. Candeloro is so sloppy. Todd Eldredge was boring Todd Eldredge. Alexei Yagudin wasn't developed yet and was sick. etc. all the way down the line in men. Kazakova/Dmitriev and Woetzel/Steur were solid pairs but not much else and B/S were not fully developed. Tara was essentially the Nathan of her day - she skated well but it was just a clinic. Michelle was cautious. Lu Chen's jumps were pretty weak.

I did actually enjoy the ice dance in spite of the suspicious judging patterns, though I did think the medals were correct. B/K's program was technically weak and they are a bit sloppy. I see complaints about them not medaling but no one explaining why they deserved to be above Anissina/Peizerat. If anything, A/P should have beaten them in the free dance as well. I don't remember much about the other portions of the dance competition other than K/O and G/P's jives though it does seem odd that B/K got placed below L/A in the first compulsory.

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2019 12:59 AM

You all have great memories. I do remember being entertained by Candeloro at the Olympics, although he was always a sloppy skater. Tara screaming in the kiss n cry. Michelle Kwan and her uninspiring music and plain dress. Lu Chen breaking down in tears after such a tough year. Ilia... not much remains in my memory other than that atrocious costume. It was about as bad as Lambiel's tacky costume that looked like it had silver oven mitts added on.

by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2019 2:01 AM

R17 That sounds exactly like what someone who has exactly one (1) memorable program that defines their entire career and that they milk to death, and continue to keep milking even after 20+ years have passed, would say. I mean, he's obviously talking about himself, seeing as he said since 2000+ and got his OBM in '98 with his D'Artagnan program, the crowning jewel of his entire career.

When you have multiple great programs, as many skaters do, it stands to reason that each doesn't stand out as much in a person's head as if they've only got just the one (1) because there are just too many to choose from. So what happens is people will recall multiple great programs when they think of these skaters and think of them as great skaters instead. Candeloro is so defined by his one (1) memorable program, that even though I know perfectly well that this isn't the case, my brain thinks that he only ever skated to one program throughout his entire career, competitive and post-competitive. So I remember him as a one-trick pony instead of the once-upon-a-time great skater that he actually was.

It doesn't sound as good when put into proper perspective like this so the guy had to skew it in a way that allows him to feel good about himself. This way he gets to keep feeding the audience the same thing over and over and still get paid for it without and tell himself he isn't ashamed about it.

I say let the guy keep his illusion. It's all he's got.

by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2019 2:24 AM

I'm aware the guy also won an OBM in '94 but he made his performance in in '98 so iconic about himself, everything else, even the fact that he's actually a 2x OBM, just seems to fade into the background. I don't even actually know what he did back in Lilehammer to get his first OBM, because he never made a point to help, and instead kept driving his swordfighting schtick in over and over.

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2019 2:34 AM

I think they gave candeloro a standing ovation at FaOI last year because he survived. It’s kind of like when people ooooh and ahhhh when they hear someone is over the age of say 90 and still alive.

by Anonymousreply 35May 15, 2019 2:45 AM

Don't forget his Lucky Luke program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 15, 2019 3:36 AM

R36 great, now I’m blind

by Anonymousreply 37May 15, 2019 4:00 AM

R32 these accounts are interesting to a person who wasn't even four years old in 1998, like myself.

by Anonymousreply 38May 15, 2019 4:19 AM

Alena announced her new music for next season. For her short she will be doing Blue Foundation - Eyes on Fire and Muse - Supermassive Black Hole. For her free she will be doing No One Ever Called Me from Dario Marianelli.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 15, 2019 7:13 AM

R17 he’s not wrong, Hanyu has been skating the same program dressed in the same gradient throughout his career.

by Anonymousreply 40May 15, 2019 7:20 AM

From GS, Zagitova’s thead:

...a few quotes from an article about one of Sambo's teacher-choreographers (Google translate):

…My classes with athletes are mainly in the hall. I develop their coordination of movements, plasticity and strength of the body, so that a person can feel the music with every cell. When a skater owns different styles of dance, it gives a wide choice of themes for performances. And Daniil Gleykhengauz is the choreographer, he creates numbers on the ice. But the last word in choreography is always for Eteri Georgievna.

.... "Of my students today, each is unique in its own way. From Sasha Trusovoy goes mad energy, Alina Zagitova flexible as a kitty, Alena Kostornaya - lady of blue blood. Everyone is different: someone in the inner world is suitable for lyrics, for someone is passion, for someone is something light, fiery.

Eteri Georgievna's literacy is that she sees which role suits a person, and never goes against the nature of a skater. Hence the balance between sports and aesthetics, ...

by Anonymousreply 41May 15, 2019 7:26 AM

[quote] he’s not wrong, Hanyu has been skating the same program dressed in the same gradient throughout his career.

R&J1 and R&J2, POTO, Parisienne Walkways, Let's Go Crazy, Seimei, Origin, just off the top of my head -- they all seem quite different to me - the costumes too.

by Anonymousreply 42May 15, 2019 7:31 AM

I finally watched Japan Groove and there were some subtle differences between what was reported in summaries and what Makabe actually said.

This year wasn’t the first time Candeloro invited himself.

FaOI prefers to keep the cast (except for ensemble members) medalists only, but Lambiel insisted on Vasiljevs’s participation because he wouldn’t be able to coach the boy for over a month if he went on tour.

Makabe wanted to invite Zagitova last year, but was told by “people around him” that Med was very upset about her Olympic loss and it would be a bad idea for the two to be in the show together, so Zagitova wasn’t invited. When he saw they were skating together in other shows, he thought, “What the hell?! That’s not what I was told!” And made sure to invite Zagitova this year.

R9 Exactly. All of the Russian skaters (and Ge) from last year are represented by Zakarian and he also handles the ensemble cast (including Balde) and (I think) acrobatic act. I forgot that Medvedeva only did the first half of the tour last year. They could’ve had Zagitova for the second half, so it wasn’t just about the girls performing together, but the idea of Zagitova even being in the show. I doubt they would’ve chosen Pogo over her otherwise.

Maybe Zagitova found out and that’s why she unfollowed Med recently. In any case, she knows now. Both are doing all shows, so they’ll have to tolerate each other for the entire tour. Add in Tuk who could diffuse the situation or generate more drama.

by Anonymousreply 43May 15, 2019 8:35 AM

I forget Candeloro is not even over 50 yet.

by Anonymousreply 44May 15, 2019 8:38 AM

Oh please, don't try to hide the most brilliant thing you remember from 1998 Olympics is Shin Amano's performance

by Anonymousreply 45May 15, 2019 8:47 AM

R34 Candeloro’s ‘94 program was what put him on the map—it was The Godfather! I think it was the first time any skater performed to it (now it’s been done to death) and he manifested it very sharply. I’m an old so I remember that program really well. He really milked it for every penny though as he did sequel programs the following year. He struggled after that but did okay with a Napoleon program in 1997. It was well received at the time, especially since it was a wink and nod to his French heritage. Which leads us to 1998 and D’Artagnan, another nod to his French heritage. For those four glory years, he was cute, flirty and French, a killer combination that drove the girls wild. But soon after the turn of the century, figure skating fell apart in the US. Japan still adored him and I always wonder if show organizers request him to do D’Artagnan for its ties to the Nagano Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 46May 15, 2019 9:27 AM

R46 As an older fan of FS, what is your opinion on the current skaters? Who do you think is the most talented? Or the best?

Sometimes I stumbled upon some comments from older fans. They seem to think that the best skaters are only from their generation. They think the currents are either boring, not talented enough or just a jumping bean.

by Anonymousreply 47May 15, 2019 10:33 AM

Before Code of Points was implemented, skating was definitely more interesting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 48May 15, 2019 10:50 AM

R42 All hanyus FS are all the same...Just like Patrick Chen programs or shoma uno. How do you find his RJ different then PO? The same style, the same moves

by Anonymousreply 49May 15, 2019 11:07 AM

I think Origin and Seimei have so many similarites. Espacially the structure of choreo and music cut is almost the same. Maybe this is the reason I can't warm up to Origin. It is like a low quality replica of Seimei.

by Anonymousreply 50May 15, 2019 11:34 AM

Whether Hanyu’s programs are all the same or not is a stupid argument. It’s subjective and based on bias. You can say the same for every other skater out there. They all have or want signature moves or a certain movement that they’re know for. If you don’t like the skater enough to look for variety in their programs you wont see it. I personally cannot rewatch any other skater but Hanyu and his programs. I must have watched his R&J1 in every language multiple times, same for POTO, H&L worlds version....list goes on and on.

I’m sure if you have another fav, you probably watch their programs over again instead. To each their own, so maybe preface with “I BELIEVE..(.Whoever )programs are the same”. Because it’s obviously An opinion and not a statement of fact

by Anonymousreply 51May 15, 2019 11:51 AM

I was responding to r40 and r49

by Anonymousreply 52May 15, 2019 11:53 AM

R52 I can say the same about you. This is just your opinion, that every hanyu program IS different. Because he is your favourite . So you find them completely different.. I posted that Patrick chen or shoma uno has the same programs as well. This is not an insult.

by Anonymousreply 53May 15, 2019 11:58 AM

R53 Whose program do you think different ? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 54May 15, 2019 12:02 PM

R53 if you read more closely, I am saying exactly the same thing about myself. That it is my opinion. It’s the same argument as I like apples and you like oranges. That’s what makes it a stupid argument

by Anonymousreply 55May 15, 2019 12:11 PM

R53 You mean skater? I dunno. In our times , with all those quads no male skater is `able to be versality havinf different programs... It is impossible. One skater has style and repeat it year after year if it gets him medals. It is completely normal. Hanyu is no exception

by Anonymousreply 56May 15, 2019 12:14 PM

R56 congrats on having a normal conversation without insulting anyone, daitroll!!!

by Anonymousreply 57May 15, 2019 12:30 PM

Thanks r57 somehow my block from 30 got unblocked.

by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2019 12:34 PM

I can't see how, for examle, Let's go crazy and Ballade are the same. Or Seimei and Hope&Legacy. And they are just a year apart. Very different in style, layout and overall impression.

by Anonymousreply 59May 15, 2019 12:36 PM

R59 no, lyrical are the same. Dont compare chopin with prince. It is ridicolous. But his parisian walkways has a lot more in common with Prince. He use the same style in his step sequance

by Anonymousreply 60May 15, 2019 12:41 PM

For instance sui'han has the same program over and over again.and i dont care

by Anonymousreply 61May 15, 2019 12:44 PM

R60 So you agree that not all his programs are the same. Ok.

by Anonymousreply 62May 15, 2019 12:50 PM

His UA attire is always the same through the years but is there anyone who wants him to wear something different..?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 15, 2019 12:51 PM

R58 so learn how to block people and stop those insinuations

by Anonymousreply 64May 15, 2019 12:53 PM

R63 Never. I love all his costumes, even the ducktape wrapped thing from R&J. I love how you can rank then from very worst to very best. It always can be a hit or miss so each costume reveal is exciting.

by Anonymousreply 65May 15, 2019 1:02 PM

clarification: I meant wearing something different while practice of course. I am an avid boobskirt fan myself, have to confess...

by Anonymousreply 66May 15, 2019 1:08 PM

R66 Oh yeah, I know what you meant. I just went off on a tangent lol

by Anonymousreply 67May 15, 2019 1:16 PM

R66 It took me a moment to get which costume you were referring to. My God, it is really a boobskirt. That's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 68May 15, 2019 1:29 PM

R45 LOL Linking Arai/Shin's FS because we get a glimpse of hot coach waving his little flag at the beginning and Shin's partner almost falls on his head at 1:20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 15, 2019 2:41 PM

R69 Their death spiral is also worthy of an ISU manual...on how not to do elements.

Arai is also a Tech Specialist. Only Pairs. But she is a less of a bitch than Shin's.

My fav Pairs TS is the Uzbekistan man...Artem Knyazev...at the ISU Congress he was fantastic

on first day he went on and on complaining about a rule change...but using a different number...and so nobody was understanding what he was talking about...untile Lakernik stepped in with "Artem, what are you talking about?"

then on last day he addressed the new Olympic qualification system going on and on about his Torino OG qualification as we cared about his tale

by Anonymousreply 70May 15, 2019 2:56 PM

R70 Thanks for these judging stories. They are always hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 71May 15, 2019 3:10 PM

r69 so japanese pairs have sucked for decades. good to know

by Anonymousreply 72May 15, 2019 3:44 PM

Watching Shin Amano's Olympic performance was a deeply spiritual experience.

by Anonymousreply 73May 15, 2019 4:28 PM

who was the choreographer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Yuzuru Hanyu should take some inspiration from Candeloro, especially when it comes to the costumes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 15, 2019 5:41 PM

R75 Hear hear. And enough with the deep v costumes that go down to his navel and the illusion mesh that goes up to his chin. Hanyu needs to unleash his inner slut.

by Anonymousreply 76May 15, 2019 6:14 PM

Yes, he needs to show off those pecs.

by Anonymousreply 77May 15, 2019 6:30 PM

R70 Death spiral is nonsense element!!

by Anonymousreply 78May 15, 2019 6:34 PM

JDC, why didn't you tell us that Dai's TV meltdown was a "cultural misunderstanding" and that this is just a thing Japanese people do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 15, 2019 6:47 PM

R79 looks like a desperate attempt at damage control

by Anonymousreply 80May 15, 2019 7:03 PM

R80 and I'm sure the crazies have already found a way to make Hanyu responsible for all of this.

by Anonymousreply 81May 15, 2019 7:07 PM

R81 Of course! Hanyu gave Zag one of his plush bears to put emphasis on her being still a child. All this was calculated by his evil mastermind! Poor AlcoPedoDai! He fell victim to intrigues.

by Anonymousreply 82May 15, 2019 7:26 PM

You suckers just wait until Hanyu retires, gets older and weirder, goes through a few circles of my-life-is-empty-without-competing-I-don't-give-a-fuck-anymore and won't have to weigh his every word to make a good impression. What kind of crazy shit will he be saying? Rating his favorite buttplugs like he does with earphones?

by Anonymousreply 83May 15, 2019 7:35 PM

R82 And straight. You forget I am straight and like the female bulges. Especially when they are lower on the body and hang 10 inches. I am specific in my preferences.

by Anonymousreply 84May 15, 2019 7:35 PM

[quote]Rating his favorite buttplugs like he does with earphones?

why are you saying this like it's a bad thing? hopefully he'll have pictures as well.

by Anonymousreply 85May 15, 2019 7:39 PM

R85 yeah, I would love to take a look at the pooh shaped one he'll probably have.

by Anonymousreply 86May 15, 2019 7:44 PM

R84 Sure, baby, you are stg҉̢͝a҈̛͢y̵͜͠gt. It's a given.

by Anonymousreply 87May 15, 2019 7:47 PM

Disgusting shows can be considered as Japanese thing. I have watched many show from Thailand, China... and and some of them I feel uncomfortable when watching because of the weird concept of these shows but I haven't never seen any shows which are more gross than some of Japan shows. Zagitova must be scared of Japanese shows now. First, they showed her that weird ass Yuzunori ( dunno I say his name right). Then they asked her about boyfriend/ ideal types non stop until she had to shut them up by saying their question was like shit. Now they let a 33 year old man confess on TV that he had legs fetish and he liked her legs best.

by Anonymousreply 88May 15, 2019 8:50 PM

* Have never

by Anonymousreply 89May 15, 2019 8:50 PM

R86 And the one named 'Javier', of course.

by Anonymousreply 90May 15, 2019 9:01 PM

R88

[quote]Then they asked her about boyfriend/ ideal types non stop

Doesn't she get asked this question by Russian media as well? I remember a Russian article shipping her with Hanyu, twisting something he said to imply he now looks at her like a woman. As many Japanese people on my tl (not just JDC) have pointed out, commenting on a minor's legs, butt and thighs was not okay, even on a Japanese variety show. Look at the twitter account of the Japanese politician and lawyer JDC referenced in the last thread. Many Japanese people do not find this appropriate. The Japanese Dai fans who are claiming "cultural misunderstanding" are obviously jettisoning their national image to play damage control.

by Anonymousreply 91May 15, 2019 9:25 PM

R90 Please please let Hanyu learn from Dai's mistakes and do a live demonstration rather than rely on a tacky poster board. We can only hope that he will be thorough and meticulous even in meltdown mode.

by Anonymousreply 92May 15, 2019 9:49 PM

R91 [quote] Doesn't she get asked this question by Russian media as well?

It's not a typical question for Russian media to ask.

[quote] I remember a Russian article shipping her with Hanyu, twisting something he said to imply he now looks at her like a woman.

Really? I've never seen such an article. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 93May 15, 2019 9:51 PM

R91 After Olympics, Russian media asked her too but she also said she wouldn't answer to such ridiculous questions. Since then they shut up, both Russian and Japanese media. They didn't twist what Hanyu said. They just asked her if she talked to him often then she said no.

by Anonymousreply 94May 15, 2019 10:08 PM

R94 No, the thing I'm thinking of occurred in their first post-Olys comp together - Helsinki? I'll try to find it later, but I remember people being pissed about it.

by Anonymousreply 95May 15, 2019 10:15 PM

R95 They asked her at Rostelecom cup 2018. The interview where he said something about her was done by 1TV Channel 1. It was just a very small glimpse of him saying something with broken English which had nothing to do with what they translated to Russian. So no one took that interview serious.

by Anonymousreply 96May 15, 2019 10:25 PM

Talking about shipping. Why is it always Hanyu that get ship with everybody? How about Mr. Yaletic or Zhou?

by Anonymousreply 97May 15, 2019 10:55 PM

R96 No, it was in Helsinki. Hanyu said that Zagitova was becoming an adult and growing up and needed to make adjustments and that he sympathized. This was twisted into Hanyu looking at Zagitova as a woman now, and that he lingered at some point just to watch her skate. No one remembers this? Please don't make me search on twitter. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 98May 15, 2019 11:03 PM

Because less fans = less shipping? or less fangirls = less shipping (I believe the young girls are the ones who do the shipping the most). I've seen people shipping Nathan with..... Yuzuru lol. And Vincent is only good to mock tbh

by Anonymousreply 99May 15, 2019 11:06 PM

R79 Wait, did she say all of that, then actually post a link to a video of the show, which not only refutes what she just said, but has far more damning evidence many haven’t even discovered yet?

R81 They did from the very beginning and they’re going to get worse once Takahashi issues an apology and if he turns down the special funding from the JSF.

R91 Supposedly Russian media has already reported on the Takahashi comments and treated them as a compliment.

R93 Russian media has been shipping Medvedeva with Hanyu since she was a minor. Even the Russian Olympic Committee was in on it. Just one example:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 15, 2019 11:13 PM

We ship Zhou and Hamada daily

by Anonymousreply 101May 15, 2019 11:16 PM

R98 Fuck off. I reported on DL both the interview and the Russian article about they asking Zag about Hanyu. How can I not remember ? But as I said everyone knows that interview but no one including Hanyu fans, Zagitova fans, Japanese media, Russian media took it serious. Didn't you understand ? The interview where they asked Zag if she talked to Hanyu often had nothing to do with that 1TV interview, they just do what they do, try to ship their skaters with Hanyu apparently. No one tried to twist what he said or even if there were, there was no fuss about that.

by Anonymousreply 102May 15, 2019 11:35 PM

If you're in America, Johnny Weir, cooking with his brother and Tara/hubby, comes on in about 20 minutes. Here he is with a big fish. He says he manages to fall down while cooking, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 15, 2019 11:37 PM

R99 Yep, some peole ship Nathan with Yuzu. I think they named it Chenyu. Tbh, it makes more sense than shipping Yuzu with Shoma.

R100. Jeez they actually blame Yuzu ?

by Anonymousreply 104May 16, 2019 12:44 AM

Oh I'd rather ship Yuzu and Shoma. For one thing, they could actually talk to each other. And they're similar - both sincerely nice people at heart and a bit sheltered or simple/focussed in their interests and needs.

Nathan's a nice guy too - but he doesn't speak Japanese. And I bet culturally there are a lot more differences between him and Yuzu than the other pair - but what to call them? Tall bean and smol bean?

by Anonymousreply 105May 16, 2019 12:48 AM

R105 They don't need to speak if they're going to fuck ;)

by Anonymousreply 106May 16, 2019 1:12 AM

I’d rather ship Shoma with Dai, he’s Shoma’s idol and they have much better chemistry. Yuzu is too much like Shoma’s mom so that’s icky.

by Anonymousreply 107May 16, 2019 2:29 AM

Has Dai made a formal apology yet ?

by Anonymousreply 108May 16, 2019 3:01 AM

R107 Shoma's calves are much too fat for Dai's tastes.

by Anonymousreply 109May 16, 2019 3:09 AM

R109 so are Yuzu’s , but I guess no one was shipping them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 16, 2019 3:37 AM

Shoma is very short and has a baby face so he looks like a 13 yo child.

by Anonymousreply 111May 16, 2019 3:38 AM

R110 thank you linking that picture, it leads to more great thirst photos

by Anonymousreply 112May 16, 2019 3:58 AM

I only see Yuzu and Shoma as senpai and kouhai . So it's kinda weird to ship them.

Does Nathan have thick thighs and nice butt? I think Dai once said Nathan is handsome on Olympic channel. Maybe Dai has the hots for him.

by Anonymousreply 113May 16, 2019 4:03 AM

R113 yeah he does have nice thighs and butt. I will post photographic evidence later.

by Anonymousreply 114May 16, 2019 4:08 AM

[R103] I might watch Weir and his brother, but have no interest in Tara.

by Anonymousreply 115May 16, 2019 4:12 AM

R113 Dai seems flustered and almost giddy over Nathan. Nathan’s the WINNER!

Happy shipping Dai-than Chen-kahashi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 16, 2019 4:42 AM

#SotaYamamoto (JPN) - SP: East of Eden FS: In This Shirt by The Irrepressibles Choreography by Pasquale Camerlengo

I like In This Shirt but now that it's becoming a warhorse, I know I'm going to get sick of it. East of Eden...meh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 16, 2019 4:54 AM

r117 I thought Yamamoto was doing James Blunt.

by Anonymousreply 118May 16, 2019 6:23 AM

R102 Let's get this straight. We are talking about whether the Russian media have asked Zagitova about her personal life (we are not talking about whether Zagitova has tried to shut down those questions, or whether fans take the shipping seriously):

You: Japanese media are disgusting and unusual in part because they keep asking Zagitova about her personal life.

Me: Russian media do this too. I think in Helsinki.

You: They only did it at the Olympics. Oh yeah, they also did it at Rostelecom 2018. They definitely didn't do it in Helsinki though, so fuck you!!

Me: Okay, thanks for proving my point that the Russian media have also asked Zagitova these questions. In addition, they did try to ship Hanyu and Zagitova in Helsinki by claiming he stayed and watched her FS, juxtaposed with a quote from Hanyu that she's no longer a child and has become an adult. See linked thread with video and article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 16, 2019 6:59 AM

R118 Thankfully, I guess it is just his new Ex.

by Anonymousreply 120May 16, 2019 7:01 AM

Tomono's new programs: FS Moulin Rouge/choreo Ge; SP The Hardest Button to Button by The White Stripes/choreo Phillip Mills

I'm actually excited about the SP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 16, 2019 7:22 AM

[quote] I might watch Weir and his brother, but have no interest in Tara.

It was so weird. Johnny not only fell down (when they threw him the big salmon) but he cut his finger and they called in the medic. I won't spoil who won - but Gordon Ramsay said they shouldn't have put the blackened salmon right on top of the salad because it made it soggy - oh something like that. It was the typical timed, manic pandemonium, I'm sure with the scripted fall - not even sure he really cut his finger - just silly, like all these things are.

I think him and Tara judging the wedding cake makers, going to Kentucky Derby, going to the Westminster dog show or whatever - and then he made a scripted series about figure skaters - I mean, he's had a lot of network appearances lately, in addition to announcing Worlds and whatever else for NBC.

by Anonymousreply 122May 16, 2019 7:30 AM

R119 I've read the thread you linked. One of the comment is interesting. It seems that Russian media always try to ship Hanyu with Eteri girls. First Med then Zagitova. I'm afraid the next victim would be Kostornaia.

by Anonymousreply 123May 16, 2019 8:22 AM

Nathan Chen is such a straight frat boy, he's no fun to ship with men.

by Anonymousreply 124May 16, 2019 8:37 AM

R123 The fucking Russian Olympic Committee was shipping Hanyu and Med (when she was a minor) for goodness' sakes, so I'm not surprised by anything the Russian media do. Hey R88, what's this about the disgusting Thai, Chinese and Japanese ruffling your delicate Slavic sensibilities again?

by Anonymousreply 125May 16, 2019 8:46 AM

R119 [quote] In addition, they did try to ship Hanyu and Zagitova in Helsinki by claiming he stayed and watched her FS, juxtaposed with a quote from Hanyu that she's no longer a child and has become an adult. See linked thread with video and article.

Your source is one of Zag's haters and crazy Med/Hanyu shipper. I red the article and no, they didn't try to ship Zag and Hanyu. Hanyu said that Zag is in the process of becoming an adult right now. He understands that it's not easy so he wishes her luck. No romantic vibes at all.

by Anonymousreply 126May 16, 2019 11:11 AM

R126 No, the article also claims that Hanyu stayed to watch Zagitova skate. Why would they make up this claim (because if he stayed, someone would have caught it and it would have been a big deal), if not to suggest that he was interested in her now that she is an adult. Are you a bot? Because you keep saying the same damn thing over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 127May 16, 2019 1:19 PM

R126 And to save you the trouble of saying something lame like, "he could have stayed to watch her beautiful balletic skating!" I'll respond in advance: LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 128May 16, 2019 1:23 PM

R127 Your words show that you are the shipper, not those journalists. You're creating things out of nothing like all shippers do. Enjoy yourself.

by Anonymousreply 129May 16, 2019 1:58 PM

R122 Two skaters now making fools of themselves on TV. Who's going to be the third, make your bets

by Anonymousreply 130May 16, 2019 2:19 PM

The fact that both Dai and Chan, very strong PCS skaters, have been gushing over Chen's skating is laughable. I guess even pettiness can tear down values.

by Anonymousreply 131May 16, 2019 2:19 PM

R129 LMAO, now I'm a shipper! You keep moving goal posts. Remember, we were talking about whether the Russian media takes an inappropriate interest in a minor's personal life. You said yourself they did it at the Olympics and at Rostelecom. Yet despite this track record, when they made up the fact that Hanyu stayed to watch Zagitova's FS, you think it's completely innocent.

You're right about one thing - the shippers definitely picked up on this detail as they were meant to because it is unusual for Hanyu to stay and watch anyone skate nowadays (we've only seen him do it with P/C). Nonshippers also discussed this because Zagitova and Hanyu manner handed each other at the gala and people were speculating that it was because of all the stupid shipping by the media and Zagitova was conscious of it. Seems everyone picked up on the insinuation except for you!

by Anonymousreply 132May 16, 2019 2:30 PM

R132 Darling, there're more than one poster here, except you. Please try to understand.

by Anonymousreply 133May 16, 2019 2:36 PM

R133 Sorry I hurt your feelings by not acknowledging you specifically, but that doesn't change anything about how people (not just shippers) interpreted that article.

by Anonymousreply 134May 16, 2019 2:51 PM

R134 It's okay, darling, keep enjoing yurself.

by Anonymousreply 135May 16, 2019 3:03 PM

R135 You are replying to troll.

by Anonymousreply 136May 16, 2019 3:23 PM

R136 Welcome back to the conversation, R88! Now you've resorted to calling me a troll because you have no other response. Oh yeah, as to your third point about how other cultures are gross because they're okay with a 33-year-old man talking about a minor's body (because the Russians would never do such a thing!) - apparently, not only do some Russian fans think it was a compliment, they are joking about how Zagitova's beautiful legs helped Takahashi sober up after his years-long bender.

Anyone with half a brain cell knows the Russian media and fans are notorious for shipping minors with older men (Zagitova and Daniil anyone?). And as others have pointed out, Zagitova is not the only example of this.

by Anonymousreply 137May 16, 2019 4:02 PM

What are you guys even fighting about

by Anonymousreply 138May 16, 2019 4:11 PM

R138 troll is on a roll, nothing more

by Anonymousreply 139May 16, 2019 4:23 PM

So you're both trolls now? Daitroll you have competition.

by Anonymousreply 140May 16, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote]What are you guys even fighting about

Petty nonsense. It's going to be a long summer.

by Anonymousreply 141May 16, 2019 4:47 PM

I'm with you R141...

by Anonymousreply 142May 16, 2019 4:50 PM

OMG! And this is not the first time Dai and Yuzu have been in love with the same woman. Remember at the Sochi gala, it looked like they were told to go pick partners for the ballroom dance portion, and Yuzuru skated as fast as he could up to Mao - then Dai shows up and probably says something like, "Get away from her, twerp, she's mine!" So poor Yuzu had to awkwardly make do with trying to handle both Yulia and Adelina (who sped over to him - poor Yulia didn't put her arm around Yuzu's waist instead of on his shoulder like she was supposed to... though maybe that wasn't a mistake....)

Anyway, now they're both crushing on Zags. No wonder they hate each other!

by Anonymousreply 143May 16, 2019 4:53 PM

* I meant she DID put her arm around his waist

by Anonymousreply 144May 16, 2019 4:54 PM

Stupid fat ass Alina, always taking what is mine!

by Anonymousreply 145May 16, 2019 5:00 PM

Yuzu, please save us with FaOI. this drought is making DLers hallucinate.

by Anonymousreply 146May 16, 2019 7:48 PM

R146 Nothing new here but it's something to read in these trying times lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 16, 2019 8:15 PM

Cont'd from R147 Also something about Javi. Again, no surprises here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 16, 2019 8:18 PM

R141 Syn, since you're my most loyal fan, I don't mind telling you. I peed in my Chanel handbag yesterday. Or was it today? I don't remember. I'm definitely doing it right now. It's very roomy, but doesn't flush, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 149May 16, 2019 9:07 PM

And now for something completely different. A recent Shoma interview:

After a year, I found I am not so fond of alcohol and I turn red immediately after drinking...

Some may think my ankle is still in pain and I am just pretending it’s fine but I can assure you it’s completely cured.

I tried to do quintuple but it’s very difficult. I did as much rotations as I could but it turned out only 4.5 instead of 5 rotations. It will not be my first priority to master quints. 4S, 4F and 3A-4T are more important. By doing 3A-4T, 4S and 4F became not so difficult to me.

My bath time can be very long when I do my games or watch animations in bathtub. But it will be a quick one when I need to get out ASAP to continue TV games. I sing in my bath. I sing everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 150May 16, 2019 9:39 PM

R150 Someone linked this on previous thread. I love how he tried the quintuple and promptly gave up. So if he ankle is fine, does that mean that his showing at Worlds was product of what, nerves? apathy?

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2019 9:54 PM

Hey JDC, I have a question. Hanyu uses a word that people often translate as "gentle." For example, in the Asaichi interview we all discussed a few threads back, Hanyu says that people who know him know that he is not "gentle." He often calls Javi "gentle," as in the ice jewels interview linked above. Can you explain what he means?

by Anonymousreply 152May 16, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote] Someone linked this on previous thread. I love how he tried the quintuple and promptly gave up. So if he ankle is fine, does that mean that his showing at Worlds was product of what, nerves? apathy?

Oh sorry - I forgot! Good question. I think I remember at the beginning of the season, Shoma was so winded after his FS I thought he was pass out. Seems like it happened in both GPs? The new 4 minute rule seemed to affect him more than most, though I think Yuzuru was a bit winded or troubled too? The ones who are desperately trying to keep transitions and all the other elements are really at such a disadvantage with the missing half minute. It makes me sick. I mean, I feel that's Yuzuru's issue - but maybe Shoma's as well? Trying to skate the same way he did when it was 4.5minutes?

At Worlds, I don't know. It was just the climax of a hanging-on-by-his-fingernails sort of season. If it wasn't a very dodgy ankle, then it was new time constraints (and maybe the psychological effect of that - not being able to calm down and relax into the program.) It'll be interesting to see how things go come the autumn. Why do I wish Nathan would just go away lol. I even like him, as a person, but I don't like what's happening now in men's skating - with him still pushing 4, 5, 6 quads. I know he didn't start the excess, but he's the main driver of it now I think - and rewarded no matter what. Quads = PCS, end of story I guess.

by Anonymousreply 153May 17, 2019 12:10 AM

R152 methinks he means Javi is chill like a hippie and we all know Yuzuru cannot chill for 5 min R153 The time change might be a factor but I thought Shoma wasn't into it at Worlds, and like he didn't train enough or something.

by Anonymousreply 154May 17, 2019 12:36 AM

Where were Shoma's hands near the end of this video?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 17, 2019 12:47 AM

R155 Even Shoma couldn't resist.

by Anonymousreply 156May 17, 2019 1:00 AM

Did Shoma touch the holy waist? Or did he touch the butt?

by Anonymousreply 157May 17, 2019 2:17 AM

Looks like he went straight for the butt and Yuzu is used to it. Maybe they're not so scared-puppy and high senpai as some people imagine? I remember seeing some instances where Shoma's body language is much more aggressive and dominant while Yuzu does the .. thing that he does with the big pairs guys.

R152 i don't know which word he used but if he used the word yasashii, it translates to something like "sweet/kind". Not gentle like soft but like... personable and friendly kind of way?

by Anonymousreply 158May 17, 2019 2:22 AM

R158 Oh yeah, sorry - I thought the ice jewels translation had a link to the jpn original, but it doesn't. Would be kind of impossible to answer my question without knowing the jpn word he used. Thanks for trying.

by Anonymousreply 159May 17, 2019 2:55 AM

Tomoki Hiwatashi's 2019-2020 free skate will be "Petrushka" by Igor Stravinsky, choreographed by Tom Dickson, in which he will portray a puppet. The short program music is still to be determined, but the skater will have opportunities to go to Canada to spend time with Mark Pillay again..

The skater, who is coached by Christy Krall and Damon Allen, plans to continue working on a second quad for next season. Although he’s toying with the quad Lutz, his second jump will more than likely be a solo quad toe... In addition to improving his training, the skater vastly improved the landings of his jumps. The previous year, Hiwatashi had somewhat of a “square landing and a swinging free leg” according to his coach. “When a skater lands, the impact is that of ten times their body weight,” noted Krall. “Tomoki is now able to absorb that intense energy and translate it into a fantastic landing.” ...

Although the skater has taken ballet before, he was never very serious about it as he felt he was never “really good at it.” Now, however, it plays an important part given the theme of his new program. Hiwatashi is also motivated by how good Nathan Chen is at ballet. ...

“The Biellmann is just this one thing that not many men can do and I want people to think that it is my thing now,” said Hiwatashi. “I want when people see other male skaters do the Biellmann to think ‘Tomoki can do it better!’ I want everyone to think I have the best one. I have been doing it since I started skating, since I was five, so a long time!”

[He also talks about admiring Yuzuru, Jason, Vincent -- uh, is Nathan really that good at ballet? I just don't see it in his skating]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 17, 2019 3:07 AM

Admiring Vincent... How good Nathan is at ballet... I don't trust him.

by Anonymousreply 161May 17, 2019 3:22 AM

Jackie Wong @rockerskating 1h1 hour ago

Remember when vocals were first introduced and the joke was “now everyone is going to skate to Britney Spears”? Well, Mariah Bell is doing it for her new SP, to Adam Rippon’s choreography - going to be epic

He's got a link to a post on her Instagram but it said "This Account is Private"

by Anonymousreply 162May 17, 2019 3:39 AM

Of course Tomoki is going to gush about his fellow Americans, it's called PR, R161. Anyway it's refreshing to see that someone has motivation to do more than quads in this sport. If it all comes down to who can spin the most in the air and nothing else, it will become so boring that nobody will watch. Not even Hanyu's famous ass will make people stick around.

by Anonymousreply 163May 17, 2019 4:01 AM

R163 I would. The world could go further into hell in a hand basket for all I care but so long as that ass remains the way it is famous for, I'll be more than happy to stick around.

by Anonymousreply 164May 17, 2019 5:00 AM

Apparently, there's a JPN skater who is thinking about moving to Eteri? Good lord, it's Hanyu!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 17, 2019 5:28 AM

It's Dai. But while we wait for the unveiling of this new and exciting mystery, please enjoy this fancam recorded by a dude bawling his eyes out at Yuzuru's world record performance. Good for laughing. Or crying, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 17, 2019 5:48 AM

Mariah Bell's SP is Work Bitch

by Anonymousreply 167May 17, 2019 7:58 AM

Torgashew

SP: Bloodstream” by Tokio Myers. Choreo: Andrew Torgashew

FS: Tosca. Choreo: Andrew Torgashew

by Anonymousreply 168May 17, 2019 8:47 AM

r152 You’re probably thinking of the word “yasashii” (優しい or やさしい) which r158 mentioned. It usually means “nice” or “kind.” When describing an action, especially a physical one, it can mean “gentle.” (There’s another “yasashii,” which can also be written as やさしい or 易しい that means “easy.”) Hanyu has said Fernandez is such a nice guy that he seems almost “too nice” to be suited for competition. I don’t know about this latest issue of Ice Jewels, but I can’t think of an instance where Hanyu has described Fernandez as gentle.

r160 Hiwatashi said Chen and Zhou have inspired him to do better, but didn’t say he admired their skating. He said he loves the skating of Brown, Hanyu, and Yagudin. I wouldn’t go as far as to call it a subtle diss, but he did imply he wants to stay well-rounded while adding another quad unlike Chen and Zhou, who quickly added quads while ignoring everything else:

[quote]“I’m not actually able to land it yet (Lutz). I’m not like Nathan (Chen) or Vincent (Zhou), I’m just taking baby steps,” he explained. “I really love how Jason (Brown) and Yuzuru (Hanyu) skate. There are many styles to many people, and the way Nathan and Vincent does it, it matches their style, and the way Jason and Yuzuru does it, it matches their style, too. The way I’m trying to go is slowly take my step into the quad and focus on my skating skills and presentation that I’ve always been kind of lacking. It’s really nothing that can be done fast.”

R165 Gallagher said: "There’s a Japanese skater who’s thinking about working (not training) with Eteri’s coach next season." If he meant what he said, the skater has to be someone who isn’t competing next season, who can speak English and/or Russian, and they could be working with Tarasova, who coached Eteri. If Gallagher meant to say that there’s a Japanese skater who’s thinking about training with one of the coaches who works with Eteri (Daniil, Dudakov, etc.) or Eteri herself for next season, or if he was trying to imply that someone is considering getting choreography from Daniil, it could be someone in The Ice or DOI who’ll be getting training/choreography while the Sambo coach is in Japan with the 3A and/or Zagitova for the shows. I think Eteri was with Zagitova during The Ice tour last year.

Tursy is more ripped than some of the men:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169May 17, 2019 9:01 AM

Jason Brown is on a sibling trip to Slovenia, per his Instagram. Let's hope he comes back and works hard on those quads so he doesn't get eclipsed by Tomoki next season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170May 17, 2019 10:03 AM

Thanks JDC! You read a lot more carefully than I did.

And are we sure that's Tursy and not her brother? The torso and even leg muscles look so masculine and she mentions the photographer and her brother @timur_tursynbayev98 -- which I guess could mean the two are one and the same and she's the one in the picture, but if so, wow!

by Anonymousreply 171May 17, 2019 10:16 AM

I didn't scroll right to see that it IS her! Amazing!! (sorry for doubting)

by Anonymousreply 172May 17, 2019 10:27 AM

Never underestimate those tiny thing girls. I'd never have guessed she'd have that kind of muscle just looking at her.

by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2019 10:54 AM

Lilbet's physique inspires me. I should up my gym time to 5x / week

by Anonymousreply 174May 17, 2019 11:20 AM

R174 I really hope Turs and other Eteri bots don’t have eating disorders. They all look abnormally thin.

by Anonymousreply 175May 17, 2019 11:43 AM

R175 they look muscled af

by Anonymousreply 176May 17, 2019 12:46 PM

R169 Damn tursy. Who would've thought. I guess it is all the training for that quad.

by Anonymousreply 177May 17, 2019 1:09 PM

r176 I agreed, but its in part because they have ZERO body fat. I'm not saying they have eating disorders, but hope this is the nature of their training with proper nutrition and not an issue like with other activities (e.g. gymnastics, ballet, etc)

by Anonymousreply 178May 17, 2019 2:01 PM

Sasha Trusova has crazy muscles too. She makes most grown men jealous.

by Anonymousreply 179May 17, 2019 2:11 PM

R169 Thanks, that makes sense! Here's a link to what Hanyu said about Fernandez in the CWW book in the original Japanese. This person translates it as "kind." I've seen others use "gentle."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 17, 2019 4:00 PM

Tursy looked like that even before ETeri. It's just that now she's a part of Eteri's pack everyone suddenly jumps to be "worried" for her.

Tomoki might be able to do a Biellman but he looks very ... stocky...? when he does it. His body shape is very different from Yuzu. I wonder if he'd be able to keep it up once he's out of teenage.

by Anonymousreply 181May 17, 2019 5:54 PM

r181 tomoki is already 19 (only a year younger then nathan) I don't think he'll look that different in 9 months.

by Anonymousreply 182May 17, 2019 6:47 PM

R160 I would like to see some footage of Nathan doing Ballet.

by Anonymousreply 183May 17, 2019 10:22 PM

R183 in my top production

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 17, 2019 10:52 PM

Shoot, that's adorable!

by Anonymousreply 185May 17, 2019 10:59 PM

R180 "Gentle" is definitely wrong there. I'm not sure why they would choose that word, unless it's a case where they're translating from a Chinese translation of the text and the original meaning got lost along the way. Or they're projecting and just like the idea of Hanyu describing how "gentle" Fernandez is.

by Anonymousreply 186May 17, 2019 11:50 PM

R186 Definitely the latter.

by Anonymousreply 187May 18, 2019 12:36 AM

Johnny Weir is on Jimmy Fallon tonight, with Tara of course. They're quite the duo.

by Anonymousreply 188May 18, 2019 1:45 AM

On his GS thread, someone connected Shoma saying he was going to a "secret place" to train - and he'd be alongside big talents - with the rumor of a Japanese going to Sambo to work with Eteri (or one of her coaches). Could our little one be headed to Moscow?

Oh and speaking of crushes - well maybe Eteri's got one on Shoma, I guess he'd sort of fit in with her tiny girls, but in any case,

a "composer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist based in Brooklyn," named Kelly Moran, said Yuzuru's 'Origin' inspired her latest album - and she also said: “...Anyone who knows about figure skating knows that Yuzuru Hanyu is simply the greatest skater of all time…. I watch Hanyu’s programs on a weekly basis… To me, there is no one more inspiring than Yuzu for what he can make people feel when you watch his programs… I have endless respect for him...”

by Anonymousreply 189May 18, 2019 7:12 AM

When's Jason going to come out of the closet? Has he been linked to anyone?

by Anonymousreply 190May 18, 2019 7:34 AM

R190, no. It honestly wouldn't shock me if he was a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 191May 18, 2019 10:38 AM

R191 Rude trash. Mind your own bussines

by Anonymousreply 192May 18, 2019 12:37 PM

Who has been keeping up with Adam Rippon's channel? I really like Adam and I wanted to love it but I think his content lacks originality. This one was kind of amusing tho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193May 18, 2019 1:39 PM

r191 Impossible. The only way a fairly attractive, outgoing guy could remain a virgin until 24 is if he were asexual or from some super conservative environment.

by Anonymousreply 194May 18, 2019 1:56 PM

It's not unheard of for skaters, R194, it's such a sheltered environment. But hopefully Jason's been living it up in Toronto away from his family.

by Anonymousreply 195May 18, 2019 2:43 PM

R195 Sheltered or not, only people with a magic vagina like mine can strike the perfect balance between slutting and skating. Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 196May 18, 2019 3:13 PM

What about all the crazy stuff rumored to happen at the Olympic Village? Probably no one gets in and gets out without having their dick sucked.

by Anonymousreply 197May 18, 2019 3:57 PM

R197 Shibutanis said almost nothing happens in the Olympic village but maybe it is different in Summer Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 198May 18, 2019 5:37 PM

R198 'almost' being the key word!

by Anonymousreply 199May 18, 2019 6:23 PM

Well the Shibutanis wouldn't know since they're spending time with each other.

by Anonymousreply 200May 18, 2019 6:49 PM

Zagitova has a new EX skating to Bad Guy. Medvedeva posted "Copy Cat" and "Bored" songs in her IG story and liked fan's comment saying while Med was sleeping someone stole her music. Maybe someone unthread is righ, fat ass Alina always tries to steal what's Med's.

by Anonymousreply 201May 18, 2019 7:08 PM

R201 But why? Med's ex is also Bad Guy or what?

by Anonymousreply 202May 18, 2019 7:18 PM

Fitting. Isn't Bad Guy about cheating and stealing things?

by Anonymousreply 203May 18, 2019 7:29 PM

R202 No ?? Because Med said some time ago that she likes that song ?

R203 You're right lol.

by Anonymousreply 204May 18, 2019 7:40 PM

The Danish girl who finished 42th at Junior Worlds in 2016 is singing at Eurovision Song Contest this week. Oh well, she is a bit better as a a singer than as a skater. But not by much

by Anonymousreply 205May 18, 2019 7:44 PM

R204 ah. Med wants attention as usual. "Bored."

by Anonymousreply 206May 18, 2019 7:47 PM

r205 Lol seriously? I just watched the Danish peformance 15 mins ago. Too cutsey for me but apparently one of the favourites.

by Anonymousreply 207May 18, 2019 7:55 PM

R207

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 18, 2019 8:07 PM

r208 Yep, that's her! Well, if it was the audience number she was going for, she certainly made the right decision!

by Anonymousreply 209May 18, 2019 8:28 PM

I kinda like Billie Eilish but Bad Guy as an Ex, isn't that gonna be I dunno .. boring? It's not an upbeat song, not dramatic either.

Speaking of Ex, I hope Yuzu new Ex would be something crazy and sexy. Like a mix between LGC and Hello I love You. I wanna hear the audience scream.

by Anonymousreply 210May 18, 2019 10:46 PM

Alina is going to dance like Billie does in the video and at the end she's going to sit on some dude's back while he does push ups. The American fans will all clutch their pearls.

by Anonymousreply 211May 18, 2019 11:08 PM

Now Medvedeva has uploaded an igstory of herself in that recent car interview singing along to Bad Boy. She also liked another comment accusing Zagitova of copying her. Maybe she isn't aware that Zagitova has been vacationing in Egypt and Daniil only shared the ex today because it's Zagitova's birthday? They’re going to be meeting face-to-face in a couple of days.

There have been rumors Japan-side ever since Zagitova’s FaOI announcement that Med wasn’t expecting Zagitova to be in FaOI and that may be why she’s been extra salty lately. (During WC, Med leaked early to the Japanese media that she’d be doing FaOI, which she wasn’t supposed to do.)

R211 And that dude's back will be Hanyu's.

by Anonymousreply 212May 18, 2019 11:51 PM

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh I hate to love this juvenile drama. Half the world likes that song, It's terrible to put an ownership mark on something like that. R212 That would be absolutely crazy and amazing. I would love it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 213May 19, 2019 12:26 AM

Med has to calm down... She only said she liked that song (like many people does) and could heard it over and over again (something like that), she didn't even say she would like to skate to that song, no one stole it from her, it's not her song.

by Anonymousreply 214May 19, 2019 12:33 AM

R212 Med of all people has no right to accuse anyone of copying her when she has been a crazy Hanyu copycat/stalker for years now. It's like every time she finds ways to be more unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 215May 19, 2019 12:35 AM

R212 in the event of Zag sitting on Hanyu's back the entire skating community would EXPLODE and the drama would last us for months. I almost wish it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 216May 19, 2019 1:03 AM

With his leg muscles, and uh, glutes and abs, I have every confidence that Yuzuru could carry Alina on his shoulders. But doing pushups with her sitting on his back - with his skinny arms? I don't know... Isn't Javi in the same show? I have more confidence in him for that job. And wasn't one of his exes a workout number?

by Anonymousreply 217May 19, 2019 1:47 AM

It is more like Alina would carry him on her shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 218May 19, 2019 2:16 AM

R217 You might be right. But Javi is all soft and floppy now so he wouldn't be able to carry her either.

by Anonymousreply 219May 19, 2019 2:18 AM

Med is such a needy drama queen, i feel bad for Orser. I foresee bad times for him if he keeps her. She’s the kind to blame her failure on him when she has no TES to compete in the next couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 220May 19, 2019 4:27 AM

I'm seeing Med fans, the ones that aren't calling Alina a copycat, bend over backwards saying there's no beef and she just shaded Alina in jest. It must be fun trying to delude yourself that Med isn't a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 221May 19, 2019 4:34 AM

Med seems like a childish brat. Not a queen at all

by Anonymousreply 222May 19, 2019 5:01 AM

Apparently she got a call from her PR manager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 19, 2019 5:06 AM

R223 no surprise, she's been encouraging hatred towards a minor for no valuable reasons. She didn't make any statements about using BE's song. If she goes after anyone who likes that song.... Just keep your s***** 7rings ex and stfu.

by Anonymousreply 224May 19, 2019 6:38 AM

I think I’ve figured out why Fernandez is holding Flamenco on Ice at FaOI Makuhari and Sendai. Fernandez may be hoping that his sister, who’s part of Flamenco, will help prevent him from succumbing to the wiles of Miki Ando, who’ll only be in FaOI for those two locations during the tour. We’ll know if the sister was successful if her brother doesn’t mysteriously post photos of his girlfriend while he’s in Japan.

Now from the Super Series Victoria Day no one cares about: Rinka Watanabe has won the competition with two new programs. SP is Bjork’s “Bachelorette.” FS is Michael Giacchino’s “Jyn Erso and Hope Suite (from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story).” She was accompanied by Hanyu’s old coach and choreographer Megumu Seki.

R219 Fine. Tursynator will carry everyone.

Medvedeva’s drama continues. Now her fans have been harassing Daniil, who’s explained the Bad Guy ex was decided long before Med’s interview (where she declared her love for the song) aired.

Not that we needed confirmation, but in other news, Med is still not sorry about last year’s FaOI:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 19, 2019 7:27 AM

R225 last year's FaOI?

by Anonymousreply 226May 19, 2019 8:00 AM

R217: That would be the iconic “Aerobics Class,” where Super Javi removes his cape and does one-armed pushups on top of it.

R225: I wonder if Laura was the one who introduced Javi to his girlfriend. Since she’s a non-celebrity/non-athlete, I don’t feel it’s appropriate to post her name in this delightful cesspool of gossip. Then again, Javi’s cringey Insta posts of him and her have been shared on these threads, so *shrug*.

Anyway, Laura is a nurse, and I wonder if Javi’s girl (also a nurse) worked with Laura during training. So for Javi to hurt his girlfriend would be to hurt Laura, Javi’s second favorite girl (the first, of course, is Effie the cat).

by Anonymousreply 227May 19, 2019 10:59 AM

What happened in Kanaza last year?

by Anonymousreply 228May 19, 2019 1:13 PM

I think it was the incident when she offended her fans by dumping her presents outside her hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 229May 19, 2019 1:39 PM

R228 Yep.

by Anonymousreply 230May 19, 2019 2:22 PM

R229 dumping her presents?! I don't follow ice shows at all, but it sounds rude to do such a thing

by Anonymousreply 231May 19, 2019 3:19 PM

GP assignements will be decided on 19-20 June in Annecy

by Anonymousreply 232May 19, 2019 5:40 PM

[quote] I think it was the incident when she offended her fans by dumping her presents outside her hotel room. —Anonymous

That "Interesting" reply reminds me of a sociopath. I've got her right under Mariah on my shit list.

by Anonymousreply 233May 19, 2019 6:19 PM

Fuckkkk Kolyada married ladies and gentlemen.

by Anonymousreply 234May 19, 2019 7:45 PM

yeah uhuh married! SP: Wind Of Change, by Scorpions

by Anonymousreply 235May 19, 2019 7:47 PM

R234 Wait, WHAT?!?! Do please tell us more!!!

by Anonymousreply 236May 19, 2019 7:48 PM

Hello! During my absence in social networks, there were a lot of interesting events in my life. I would like to answer the main of many questions.

In order to immediately clarify the situation regarding my personal life, I have a bride. We have just returned from the best holiday in our life!

by Anonymousreply 237May 19, 2019 7:51 PM

R229 R231 The present dumping incident happened in 2017. The 2018 FaoI Kanazawa incident was probably where Med and Ge tried to take a selfie with Hanyu even though there was a rule against taking photos on the ice and they interrupted the portion of the program where the audience was supposed to cheer for the musicians. I don't know if this happened before or after, but around this time, Med also took pictures of herself wearing a bracelet that looked like the ones Hanyu wears. She also posted pictures wearing the Irene gloves from his rink. This is all after he took the effort to pointedly deny there was anything between them. Basically, juvenile IG shit. Doesn't seem she's changed much.

Can't believe Big Kolyada is now off the market.

by Anonymousreply 238May 19, 2019 8:16 PM

WHAT. I thought Kolyada might be gay, there was never a peep from him dating-wise.

Winds of Change indeed.

by Anonymousreply 239May 19, 2019 8:25 PM

R238 Ah, bad, Thank you for clarifying.

by Anonymousreply 240May 19, 2019 8:30 PM

r238 Is there a video of Hanyu pointedly denying any involvement with Med? I've heard about it many times but never seen the video.

by Anonymousreply 241May 19, 2019 8:30 PM

TSL 5/19 Part 1 - “Alysa Liu...Gracie Gold” - First up: Khorkina (gymnast) documentary. 13 Alysa Liu article in Sports Illustrated: they clearly don’t have much to write about: she’s 13 and cute. Her gay father Arthur is really the star of this situation. D: “He was married when they used egg donors to have children. What!?! Why? He said it was because he wanted half-white children because it was more culturally inclusive. He’s a curious person...” And Alysa got a different “designer egg”. He had been a Michelle Kwan fan. They’re bringing in Frank/Carol/TCC etc to help, doing everything right. 17 Very stage-managed too - D: They’re already planning for her to be at the Olys w/dad doing a special on Tiananmen Square (J: He says he feels he’s still being tracked). 18 NBC has a lot of pull w/the US fed – wanted Adam over Ross + they like drama of someone getting skipped over. 20 Skating’s on the skids in the US – Kurt Browning doesn’t even know how SoI is making money. 22 To show how irrelevant the shows are now, Adam Rippon didn’t bother. (D: that would be too “embarrassing and low-brow for him.”) They used to be the “big time” that gold medallists aspired to – now even medal-winners have to sell mattresses on Instagram to get by – or do DWTS (and even that’s passé). The system has collapsed since the Yamaguchi era. 23 They don’t want to invest in tours because they believe it’s hopeless. 25 So USFed has a LOT invested in Liu, who will also help the Jr Grand Prix be relevant.

by Anonymousreply 242May 19, 2019 8:51 PM

TSL 5/19 Part 2 – 30 D questions Orser going 6 times to China this year – taking him away from TCC. When is he doing hands-on work w/skaters? The China deal a miscalculation? 33 J: Is this only for the financial rewards? (D: btw, Doug Haw went to China w/Brian/Tracy). The real benefit here is training the Chinese coaches more than skaters. 39 Kostornaia’s music: J: Intense storytelling will be happening. 41 D Are we still going to have to pretend Trusova’s GOT and Kostornaia’s Twilight programs are great? J: I think Danny’s the 14-yr-old girl at heart. Like with his Gucci sweater/hoodie. 42 D: Mariah Bell’s “Work Bitch” isn’t gonna make it out of champs camp. They wdn’t let Adam do “Diamonds” J: This is rock bottom level. D: “Can you hear ‘em? ‘Now here’s Bell-Mariah-san doing Work Beech’” 43 Seems like they’re coming down to reality in Gracie world. Her possible comeback in a yr now feels slightly more realistic. J: Seems chaotic. D: Well that’s a Vincent specialty. But if she came back, they’d still score her jumps well – we don’t see that kind of height, exc Tuk, and she has a lot more of the aesthetic. 48 If we see Rika and others pushing artistry – away from this Danny G clutter, we might see components evened out D hopes. Now, if you do jumps and pose, it’s enough. 49 A skater D knows saw SoI & says Med clearly has the weakest skating skills in group numbers 50 D really wonders if she has a future. Ditto Jason, now vs Tomoki+Zhou+Chen. That quad’s been coming for 6 yrs… 53 J loves Shoma’s warpaint EX. He can do “edgy.” D: “One of the greatest performers on the ice.” 55 Marin Honda looks physically weak – weak core. Sister Sarah = a Hamada “Eteri girl” - the Hondas = a disappointment. END

by Anonymousreply 243May 19, 2019 8:51 PM

* oy I don't know what I meant with Frank/Carol/TCC in part 1 -- I mean Frank, TCC, and somebody else they've broght in - now I can't remember. Lori? Dickson? Well, somebody.

by Anonymousreply 244May 19, 2019 8:58 PM

[quote] Is there a video of Hanyu pointedly denying any involvement with Med? I've heard about it many times but never seen the video.

At one of the shows (or an interview before or after), he said something like, "I don't know who this Hanyu is they're talking about - there must be another 'me' walking around"

Oh that's not it, and I read a translation anyway, but something like that. I think that's as direct as he got in denying all the shipping going on (that Med was encouraging with wearing a copycat bracelet - that Misha Ge bought her and participated in the shipping - including a Weibo post implying Yuzuru was jealous of him and Med cuddling). Now I'll shut up... it's touchy, but I still think one of the more lurid gossipy moments of the thread. It has made Ge a hall-of-famer on my shitlist. Sorry to all to whom the story is nails on a chalkboard...

by Anonymousreply 245May 19, 2019 9:08 PM

Kazuki's new EX, "Freaks"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 19, 2019 9:28 PM

Next gala.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 19, 2019 9:29 PM

r241 What is it about pushing artistry and jumping/posing being enough? Eteri girls have the busiest programs, obviously jumping/posing isn't enough to topple them.

by Anonymousreply 248May 19, 2019 9:39 PM

Thanks [R242]

[quote] To show how irrelevant the shows are now, Adam Rippon didn’t bother. (D: that would be too “embarrassing and low-brow for him.”)

There's also the little matter that it would be embarrassing for Adam to be in a show when he's so out of shape.

by Anonymousreply 249May 19, 2019 9:44 PM

R248 - I didn't make that very clear, sorry. Dave said the Russian girls are the ones who only jump and do some posing. Hopefully, now with Rika pushing artistry (he's seen videos of her training this spring), along with others doing the same, the PCS might reflect the reality - that Russian girls' programs are empty/cluttered and over-scored.

BTW, I'm in shock over Kolyada's marriage! I used Google translate on his IG post:

KOLYADA ig: In order to immediately clarify the situation regarding my personal life, I have a bride. We have just returned from the best holiday in our life! Monday begins the preparation for the new season. The programs are set, the music is approved. FS, as everyone already knows, will be Chaplin, and the short will be Wind of change. With health, thank God, there are no problems. And the final news. I made a decision to minimize time in social networks (deleted the page in VK - if there is one, you know, this is fake). Peace for everyone!

by Anonymousreply 250May 19, 2019 9:46 PM

r260 Lol what. Zagitova, Schcherbakova, Trusova, Kostornaia, (and before last sesson Med too) "just jumping and posing"? Jesus fuck what is it with them literally rewriting reality? Like, everybody else's salty because their programs are "too cluttered", there's "no room to breathe", they "can't hold a pose"... What the everliving fuck are they on.

by Anonymousreply 251May 19, 2019 10:02 PM

r250 So Inreread your post and I don't get one thing. How according to Dave a programmcan be both too cluttered and too empty?

Eh. Russian programs are overscored but so are Japanese girls' except Sakamoto's.

by Anonymousreply 252May 19, 2019 10:06 PM

R252 Oh dear - I'm going back to listen again and get a more accurate transcript. Sometimes I listen, while trying to summarize or make a "shorthand" version of what they're saying because a complete transcript would be too long - and sometimes I get the meaning wrong doing that (I basically type in real-time as they talk). Better work on my Leasish translation skills lol.

I do think Satoko gets short-changed in PCS :(

by Anonymousreply 253May 19, 2019 10:12 PM

R253 Don't apologize! You provide time stamps. If people want clarification, they can always watch themselves.

by Anonymousreply 254May 19, 2019 10:16 PM

I tried again. Minute 48:

D: And I wonder – we’ve seen clips of Rika’s new program for next season (we won’t be posting them). But yeah, I think if Rika and other skaters keep pushing the artistry away from just this Danny G clutter that we see in the Eteri camp, I think that maybe we’ll start to see some of the components evened out [or “equaled out”?] a touch, perhaps, I hope, and then someone that has really great triples and has some skating skills and performance ability can perhaps do better. Because the way it’s currently skewed, if you can do a lot of jumps and a lot of poses, you’ll do well. J: You’ll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 255May 19, 2019 10:26 PM

[quote] Skating’s on the skids in the US – Kurt Browning doesn’t even know how SoI is making money.

Seems like it's on the skids in Canada, too. Aside from poor tickets sales at SOI Canada, I read somewhere on Twitter that Kurt, at one of the meet and greets after SOI, said CBC will probably no longer be showing figure skating at all next season. Not sure if this is true but given that Worlds are in Montreal next year, this doesn't bode well for the future of figure skating in Canada.

R255 Thank you, TSL Troll. Really, you don't need to worry yourself! Neither D or J make sense as it is, so transcribing their nonsense must be a task and you don't need to invest more time than you already put in.

by Anonymousreply 256May 19, 2019 10:34 PM

r255 Thanks, you really didn't have to trouble yourself, it's not that important... Still, what they're saying has no reflection in reality, not in girls' field.

by Anonymousreply 257May 19, 2019 10:42 PM

Oh I know - I'm just obsessive-compulsive about things (obviously). Anyway, Dave immediately started talking about the skater they know, who has appeared on their show, who said that, after watching SoI, it was clear that Med's skating skills were worse than the others', like Osmond etc. So maybe they were thinking about Med's posing? And earlier, they were mimicking Kostornaia making a dramatic gesture about stopping and looking up (as the music dramatically stops) - so maybe they were talking about the melodrama in Danny G's choreo, primarily, when they mentioned the poses.

If anybody knows a better vlog, I'm all ears! I've tried others but they don't have the gossip or innuendo factor - they seem more flat and, well, boring I guess. (But I haven't tried often - just P J and that guy - In the Loop - oh and Gallagher, whose speech drives me up the wall! Also Jackie Wong, but I think I've only seen him do some suck-up type interviews)

by Anonymousreply 258May 19, 2019 10:49 PM

r258 Only you, TSL troll, are dedicated enough to listen to any of those things.

by Anonymousreply 259May 19, 2019 10:59 PM

R241 I don't know that I've ever seen a video, but it was from a presser after FaOI Makuhari 5/25/18. Maybe you can find the interview that way. Most of the FaOI footage that I had saved on YT have been deleted. Here's an article about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 19, 2019 11:10 PM

Thanks R260, that's a great find!

LOL R259 - And I need to stop this hijacking of the thread today with all this Dave Lease stuff - I will try to shuddupaboutit right now! Well not quite...

I actually think a lot of my interest has to do with being so new to skating and needing the context that long-time fans have. Before I started listening to him, I had no clue whatsoever who Tom Z was - or Frank Carroll - or pompous Sandra Bezic (who appeared on his show, throwing her head back like a 1960s glamorgirl star or something... Does that make sense? Even if it isn't always the whole truth, when you come from an absolute zero in knowledge, it provides an awful lot of the back story (that you can later piece later, and then maybe question the comments, but it's helping me get sorta caught up, if that makes any sense. Otherwise, I'd just watch Yuzuru and then forget about all the rest, who I've never heard of.

by Anonymousreply 261May 19, 2019 11:26 PM

* later piece together -- not later piece later...

by Anonymousreply 262May 19, 2019 11:27 PM

The hotel/Instagram incident was at WTT 2017 where she dumped presents from fans in the middle of the hotel hall. They were seen in a video she took of Bobrova blowing bubbles and running in the hotel. Her fans warned her it didn’t look good, but instead of apologizing, she posted a photo of herself doing her Sailor Moon ex because she said she thought her Japanese fans would like that instead, complained that her room was too small for her gifts, and had staff help clean the mess rather than just do it herself. She deleted the hallway video, but the second post is still on IG.

(Speaking of WTT 2017, was it there that Med went up to Hanyu and glared at him after he’d been talking to Mihara for a while? Or was that with Marin somewhere else? Marin recently ran into Ohtani at a shopping mall in Anaheim, by the way.)

The FaOI Kanazawa 2018 incident was where Med and Ge, on live broadcast, interrupted Hanyu thanking the musical guests and closing the show to force him to take a selfie with them. (A week before, he denied being involved with Med and avoided selfies with her throughout the tour and H&F.) Hanyu hid his face with a towel, so the photo couldn’t be used. Many thought the selfie was Ge’s idea, but footage showed Med stopping Ge from leaving the ice with everyone else and reminding him to get Hanyu to do the selfie. (Med also knew this wasn't allowed because she was in FaOI the previous year.) The professional photographer also avoided taking pictures of Hanyu with the two, and Hanyu suddenly appeared in everyone’s selfies during the second half of the tour after Med and Ge were gone.

Kanazawa was also the site of the “Bracelet Incident 2018,” where Med started wearing and taking selfies (until Hanyu returned to TCC) with Hanyu’s Sendai rink gloves and a white Japanese powerstone bracelet Ge had purchased in Kanazawa that resembled Hanyu’s signature bracelet. She also started taking those weird close-ups of her holding fruit wearing the bracelet right after Kanazawa. She knew her fans were curious about it because they kept asking her if it was a gift from Hanyu.

R241 It was during interviews after the first FaOI Makuhari show. It wasn’t televised, but reported by all press present. It was after the press had finished their questions. He brought it up himself, which surprised everyone. That was where he said he had nothing to do with the rumors (her), and there must be a Yuzuru Hanyu from another world.

R258 That guest might be Duhamel, although Browning was also on their show this season. For Kostornaia, they’re probably referring to her Twilight ex, which is now her SP for next season.

by Anonymousreply 263May 19, 2019 11:27 PM

Jesus, Med's crush on Hanyu is embarrassing. Though I wonder whether it was really a teenage crush or she just was trying to gain more fans/notoriety. Anyway, this story is so cringe but very entertaining, thank you for elaborating, JDC!

by Anonymousreply 264May 19, 2019 11:58 PM

I went to SOI in San Jose to see Nathan Chen and Alyssa Liu, and just to be a FS supporter. A very small audience, especially for an area with such a rich skating past. The audience was mostly Asian people and white people over 60. Some young skating fans were there, but I think a large number of them were actually in the show, as there was a group number with young skaters from the area. The skating was ho-hum, and I didn't think a thing about it after I left. But I have to mention that Mariah Bell has a grip like a weightlifter!

by Anonymousreply 265May 20, 2019 12:11 AM

too cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 20, 2019 12:55 AM

[quote]Med went up to Hanyu and glared at him after he’d been talking to Mihara for a while

It was Mihara. Did people notice this? I remember it, but I thought I was just an odd passing moment. Let me see if I can find the video.

by Anonymousreply 267May 20, 2019 2:54 AM

I'm not sure if Kolyada is actually married or if he just got engaged - seems like the word he used could mean both. Anyway, nobody even knew he had a gf? Is she fug or something? I find him so completely sexless...but then, I feel the same way about Keegan and someone said yes to him. Guess there's really a lid for every pot. Never understood why so many Russian athletes rush into marriage so early either, especially since most of them end up divorced just as quickly.

by Anonymousreply 268May 20, 2019 2:57 AM

Well, that was easy, here is the WTT 2017 video. You can see Med's reaction at 51:21. If you want to get technical, it was really Shoma he was talking to immediately before she gave him that look, so...

It must have pissed her off further when he completely ignored her again and continued talking to Mihara at 52:51. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269May 20, 2019 3:05 AM

Does a word like "obtrusive" actually exist in the Russian language?

by Anonymousreply 270May 20, 2019 3:39 AM

Med is just trying too hard. Act as if you don't care, girl. Have some dignity!

by Anonymousreply 271May 20, 2019 5:08 AM

R264 Looks like a pr move to me because her one and only crush is herself. btw now she is chasing after Chen.

by Anonymousreply 272May 20, 2019 5:25 AM

Wait, What? She"s chasing after Chen? I rarely see them together even in gala. Or maybe I'm not paying enough attention to their interactions.

by Anonymousreply 273May 20, 2019 6:08 AM

Let's hope Kolyada is better at marriage than landing his jumps.

by Anonymousreply 274May 20, 2019 6:25 AM

R249 And yet it's he who has a recent skating video with 1M+ views on YouTube.

I'm just happy he's living his best life hobnobbing with Taylor Swift and Michelle Obama and eating all the fast food he wants.

by Anonymousreply 275May 20, 2019 6:37 AM

Isn't Med's English just as bad as Yuzuru's? A couple of years ago, it was probably even worse. I wonder how they could've communicated anyway.

Oh, feel free to talk about Javi and his non-celebrity gf. Wonder how she felt seeing the video of him putting both hands around Eric Radford's neck. If he's plastering his Instagram with pics of himself with Laura, she's fair game for gossip too.

by Anonymousreply 276May 20, 2019 7:24 AM

Alexei Krasnozhon programs for next season

SP: Freedom by Pharrell Williams. Choreo by Alex Johnson

FS: Dracula

by Anonymousreply 277May 20, 2019 8:02 AM

[quote]Oh, feel free to talk about Javi and his non-celebrity gf. Wonder how she felt seeing the video of him putting both hands around Eric Radford's neck. If he's plastering his Instagram with pics of himself with Laura, she's fair game for gossip too.

His sister is named Laura, the gf is Marina.

by Anonymousreply 278May 20, 2019 12:44 PM

Here's Med speaking English last month. I think she's doing pretty well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 20, 2019 12:59 PM

R276 Now don't get me wrong, I'm not giving her a pass on anything else she does, but I have to say Med's spoken English is better than Yuzu's. She is able to put together full sentences without struggling half as much as he does. Her interview this year after Worlds with Jason Brown shows improvement even from her interview last summer when she first got to TCC.

by Anonymousreply 280May 20, 2019 1:36 PM

Amen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 20, 2019 1:38 PM

Hanyu's English is better than half of people in Japan. I doubt Japanese can speak anything other than " Hello" and " Thank you". Their pronoucation of borrowed words from English doesn't help either.

by Anonymousreply 282May 20, 2019 2:26 PM

He seems really good at understanding all the many questions that have been put to him by interviewers and reporters - and apparently does just fine with his coaches and friends at the ice shows and such.

I'm always amazed when foreign language learners are better at understanding than speaking. My experience with traveling and living abroad is that my speaking skills FAR outweigh my ability to understand what's being said to me - leading to so much confusion because people think I'm pretty fluent (based on speaking it ok) but then I draw such a blank when they say something to me at normal speed.

Anyway, kudos to him and all the skaters who travel abroad and have to cope with another language.

by Anonymousreply 283May 20, 2019 3:45 PM

How popular is Hanzu in North America? I’m guessing that he has more fans in Canada than America.

by Anonymousreply 284May 20, 2019 4:33 PM

Yuzuru and Javier's fans are civil with each other, yes? I just found an hilarious fight between a Yuzuru fan and Javi fan about who's better. I though it was unusual.

by Anonymousreply 285May 20, 2019 5:07 PM

Learning English for a Russian speaker should be a lot easier anyway, these languages are related to each other, while Japanese is not, and the Cyrillic alphabet is also not so completely different as the writing system used in Japan. It seems that Jun Hwan Cha's English is much better than Yuzu's, but he went to Canada at a younger age.

by Anonymousreply 286May 20, 2019 7:51 PM

In Hanyu's case, I suppose he didn't put enough focus on grammar. Vocabulary might be enough to communicate at a very basic level, but to expess something a bit complex and to speak in complete sentences without struggling too much, he needs larger grammar knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 287May 20, 2019 8:07 PM

R284, figure skating is unpopular in general in the US right now, and men's skating has never been big. It wouldn't surprise me if most people don't know who he is. In Canada he's quite popular though, partly owing to his training with Brian in Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 288May 20, 2019 8:34 PM

R286 Doesn't Junhwan also have an English tutor in Toronto?

by Anonymousreply 289May 20, 2019 9:35 PM

r284 r288 For what's it worth, an old poll on PH had posters from Americas at over 25%. When I'm there, it seems that there are more posters with US flag - but then again US is 10 times the population of Canada. It was a Pre-Oly poll though and the ratio might have changed since there was an influx of new fans.

by Anonymousreply 290May 20, 2019 9:59 PM

r289 It'd be a logical thing to do. I've always been surprised that Yuzu never got one. 1.5 hours twice a week plus almost-full immersion and the results could have been remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 291May 20, 2019 10:03 PM

Yuzu never had an English tutor? I didn't know that. Well, Yuzu once said, he didn't like English. Maybe that"s part of the reason.

R285 A lot of Yuzu fans also like Javi. So yeah I think it's kinda unusual .

by Anonymousreply 292May 20, 2019 10:18 PM

Methinks Hanyu is just one of those types. Yanno, the sort who excels to unmitigated heights in the things they love and fail pretty hard at the things they don't? English definitely isn't something he enjoys or is remotely interested in so he let it fall to the wayside, despite telling the world for aeons now that he needs to brush it up. I guess it's understandable coming from him but I'm genuinely surprised his mom and his educator dad allowed it to happen instead of making sure he seized the opportunity. But it is what it is, I guess.

The petty part of me is glad for it though, that someone as talented and decorated with jaw-dropping achievements as he is who can probably excel at whatever he puts his mind to has something he simply can't be arsed to do well at, and as such, continue to suck at.

by Anonymousreply 293May 20, 2019 10:18 PM

We only hear Hanyu speaking English when he's in public, in front of cameras and strangers, which is a high-pressure situation for someone doing something they're not comfortable with. Almost anyone's speaking skills would get a whole lot worse in that scenario, even in their own language. His actual English level is probably not fluent but pretty decent. This past season his grammar and sentence structure have been noticeably stronger than before so he's working at it.

by Anonymousreply 294May 20, 2019 11:47 PM

Coughlin news: Bridget Namiotka says he sexually abused her for 2 years. Claims there are at least 10 other victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295May 21, 2019 12:24 AM

Gross that Tara Modlin, wife of Craig Maurizi, tried to paint the victim as unstable.

by Anonymousreply 296May 21, 2019 12:28 AM

So the victims are ready to come forward.

by Anonymousreply 297May 21, 2019 12:56 AM

Wonder what the Coughlin defenders will say now. I guess it will be messy.

by Anonymousreply 298May 21, 2019 1:09 AM

R297 don't know that I would go that far. This came out because Bridget responded to a Facebook post. Hardly seems like a coordinated or well-planned effort. Seems like she was just fed up with the Coughlin whitewashing.

by Anonymousreply 299May 21, 2019 1:10 AM

R295 Good on Brennan for not letting this go. I hope Namiotka doesn’t get any death threats. Modlin is insane.

TV news show “Every” reported on Zagitova’s lack of driver’s license situation. Accusations that Zagitova stole “Bad Guy” from Medvedeva are also being reported alongside without context. “Every” still hasn’t said a word about Merenge, which is on their network (NTV), and an apology from either Merenge or Takahashi has yet to be issued. This is all very strange and doesn’t bode well for whoever is representing Zagitova in Japan.

Alyssa Liu’s dad’s political activism is commendable, but he sounds kind of crazy in the Sports Illustrated article. The family lived in a one-bedroom apartment so Dad could pay off IVF debts, but isn’t five kids too many? Alyssa’s skating career seemed planned out from the beginning. She’s the only child from a different mother.

R269 That’s it! Thank you! Right before Uno, he was talking to Mihara and touched her back to encourage her to jump. It was funny when he kept talking and ignored Med again, but no one else jumped a second time and she should’ve let Marin have another go. She gave Zagitova the same look at the Olympic gala when Zagitova tried to stand next to her and Hanyu when they were about to bow. I remember it because it got some attention (outside fs fans) in Japan. A clip or screencaps of the glare from the official broadcast were jokingly used as an example of how aggressive Russian women can be.

R227 Sorry I missed this. That’s a good point, maybe Laura did introduce them. If so, maybe she thought he’d change if he met the right girl.

by Anonymousreply 300May 21, 2019 1:44 AM

Med posted from Toronto airport that her flight was canceled. I wonder if Yuzuru is already in Japan? (not that those two things are related)

Alina posted on instagram story of a screenshot of billie elish bad guy on youtube with a caption "Are you serious?" and a laughing emoji with the 186m views circled.

I'm worried about Zag and Med being in the same show - and I'm worried about Mariah and Eunsoo being together in Raf's rink (last I heard she hadn't been there since March). I wish she could find a new coach. And Raf was just starting to grow on me (since he asked for Yuzu's autograph, said he was a fan and fanboi'd out on him. Still, to take Mariah's side pisses me off.

What's up with peers who side with Coughlin and Bell (and frickin' Tonya Harding.) If a skater's and your pal or from your country, that makes assault is ok? Tonya's DWTS backstory was how much 'she' suffered in the Kerrigan incident. ABC thought that was a good way to go about it. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 301May 21, 2019 4:36 AM

R300 It's interesting that the Alysa Liu SI article mentioned Yan Qingxin, the sketchy old Chinese lady we talked about a few threads back. This is the first time I've heard they had been married. According to this old article, she was once the partner of a well-known cult leader, Zhang Hongbao, and she herself was the second in command in the cult. In 2003, Arthur Liu (her then husband) represented her in a $23m lawsuit against Zhang, claiming breach of contract and domestic violence, among other things. In years that followed Papa Ziu and Yan filed a bunch of other lawsuits against other defendants as well (including a few Chinese newspapers for defamation). Zhang died in a suspicious car accident in 2006. I'm sure if Alysa makes it to Beijing, the Chinese press will have a field day with all of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302May 21, 2019 5:54 AM

I'm disappointed by the Dai thing. Nobody seems to give a shit that a grown man talked at length about a minor's body parts and cited her as an example of the kind of body he likes. Is it because everyone knows he's gay, so they think it's more cringe-y than scandalous? We normalize this kind of thing and then act all surprise when shit like Coughlin happens.

by Anonymousreply 303May 21, 2019 6:18 AM

Tony Wheeler, the guy who does that podcast with PJ Kwong, posted this on FSU:

"Now that I've calmed down from the shock and furor of reading what Modlin was quoted as saying, I'm going to say a bit more regarding why this is the biggest piece of the puzzle for me.

We all know she is married to Craig Maurizi. The same man who has, for the last 20 years, been accusing his former coach of equally awful things. It was a big story following the 1999 Worlds and resurfaced in a big way just prior to the Pyeongchang Games IIRC. Maurizi wants every last person to know his story, and I can understand wanting some kind of justice and closure for how his life has been allegedly affected. We can all (well, most of us..) agree on that.

However, I have a huge problem and I hope that this quote really blows up in Modlin and Maurizi's faces. I've been holding back on whether to share any information that I've been privy to, but since this is the route Modlin is taking, here goes:

I am 100% certain, with the receipts as they say, that these two were trying to contact the accusers right after Coughlin's suicide. Now, at that point, as far as I know the only thing that was public information was that there were at least three (or four) accusers in the SafeSport database, but no names were accessible regardless of who they 'knew'. As of today, it's still at that point. If Maurizi and Modlin are now, as a married couple and as the agent and agent's husband of Coughlin, saying that one accuser is 'an unstable person', WHY did they attempt to talk to anyone? And why is she now giving no comment when they attempted to have plenty to say behind the scenes before?

I really hope more people come forward now that one woman has, and I can only hope they even potentially share evidence that Modlin and Maurizi miraculously knew exactly who to go to.

Unstable much? Shame on Craig Maurizi, especially. And shame on Tara Modlin for believing her husband and yet, still having the balls to comment as she did."

by Anonymousreply 304May 21, 2019 6:54 AM

R300, I suspect Arthur intended to have 3 children, not 5. The surrogate having triplets in the last round was probably a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 305May 21, 2019 7:18 AM

Maurizi's wife sounds like an idiot.

Even if Namiotka is emotionally unstable and doesn't believe her, she can phrase the no comment in different ways

It is like if Callaghan says "do you want me to comment on the comment of na closet case and sexually repressed man?" when asked about Maurizi

by Anonymousreply 306May 21, 2019 8:00 AM

An abuse victim unstable (if she is). What a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 307May 21, 2019 8:29 AM

Perfection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308May 21, 2019 9:40 AM

R308 ...his left thigh alone is about as thick as his waist. That's some real crazy body dimensions he's got there.

by Anonymousreply 309May 21, 2019 10:17 AM

From the particular angle in that shot, I mean. But I'm willing to bet that if you measured its circumference with that of his waist, the difference probably wouldn't be a lot.

by Anonymousreply 310May 21, 2019 10:24 AM

R310 I volunteer! I mean, for science.

by Anonymousreply 311May 21, 2019 10:52 AM

[quote]I'm disappointed by the Dai thing. Nobody seems to give a shit that a grown man talked at length about a minor's body parts and cited her as an example of the kind of body he likes. Is it because everyone knows he's gay, so they think it's more cringe-y than scandalous? We normalize this kind of thing and then act all surprise when shit like Coughlin happens.

No, nobody gives a shit because the situations are in no way comparable and anyone with half a brain can understand the difference. Also, the age of consent in Japan is 13(!) and in Russia it's 16. He's in Japan - the country where you can buy schoolgirl panties out of vending machines. Keep clutching those pearls, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 312May 21, 2019 1:11 PM

R312 Keep making those excuses for him, Synesthesia. But first, I didn't say the situations are comparable, only that it's precarious to normalize the sexualization of minors. Second, the age of consent in Japan is not 13. It's a common misconception, but of course you would trot that out to defend your fave. You granny Dai fans are gross.

by Anonymousreply 313May 21, 2019 2:13 PM

R312 Dear Syn, thanks for being a friend, even tho I am a closet, a sex pest and reek of pee. If you're truly loyal though, please consider buying one of my specially designed Granny love nests, so I can feel protected by your pension and life insurance. Hope I can count on you!!!

by Anonymousreply 314May 21, 2019 2:28 PM

R313 ALL japanese are gross. They love young girls look like "lolita", school girls,with school uniforms, short skirts etc.

by Anonymousreply 315May 21, 2019 2:35 PM

R315 Why break the streak? You sounded like a normal person in your last posts... smh.

by Anonymousreply 316May 21, 2019 2:47 PM

ISU just raised the BV on URs!! Not that it makes a difference for me, but yayyyy!!!

by Anonymousreply 317May 21, 2019 3:13 PM

R317 Yayyy! I am just happy for those with URs.

by Anonymousreply 318May 21, 2019 3:32 PM

R318 Yayyy !!! I'm beyond happy for them.

by Anonymousreply 319May 21, 2019 3:57 PM

they also changed PCS

If a program contains a Fall or a Serious error, the maximum scores are listed below: Skating Skills, Transitions,

Composition: Maximum score 9.75. Performance and Interpretation: Maximum score 9.50.

If a program contains Falls or Serious errors, the maximum scores are listed below: Skating Skills, Transitions,

Composition: Maximum score 9.25.

Performance and Interpretation: Maximum score 8.75.

by Anonymousreply 320May 21, 2019 4:03 PM

R320 We didn't give a shit last season and will keep it that way.

by Anonymousreply 321May 21, 2019 4:08 PM

R317 R318 R319 Thank you, guys! It's so kind of you! Really, you are so nice! I will work harder!!!

by Anonymousreply 322May 21, 2019 4:11 PM

I don't get scores over 9 anyway

Especially to those Japanese ladies

by Anonymousreply 323May 21, 2019 4:13 PM

R317 WTF?!!! I talked about it in my recent interview. Everybody knows BV on Urs is my favourite. And now this. My brilliant ideas got stolen AGAIN!!!

by Anonymousreply 324May 21, 2019 4:23 PM

I don't understand this. Does it mean skaters aren't going to be punished properly for UR? It's not like they haven't been doing that already.

by Anonymousreply 325May 21, 2019 5:15 PM

Basically just a quick easy way to pad scores of losers. It's because ISU have no fucking idea how to make figure skating relevant.

Bad quads and triples are ratified and scores keep getting higher to make it seem like skaters are evolving and each generation is just getting "better". World records aren't officially recognized and yet judges race to give them out at competitions. I shudder to see another season of the -5/+5 candies. I can't believe I was able to stomach the laughable judging last season.

by Anonymousreply 326May 21, 2019 5:31 PM

They should take interest in PRE rotation. Thats the problem!~ But they know that most famous skaters pre rorate and their wins depends on PR. So they wont touch them

by Anonymousreply 327May 21, 2019 5:44 PM

Kabuki Shoma

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 21, 2019 6:52 PM

R300 I also had that feeling about Alyssa's career being plotted out from the beginning by Skating Dad. He certainly seems in a hurry to turn her into the family's cash cow.

by Anonymousreply 329May 21, 2019 6:54 PM

R325 last season, underrorated or wrong edge jumps received a 25% BV reduction. Now it's 20%.

by Anonymousreply 330May 21, 2019 7:32 PM

Maybe we shouldn't be surprised by the new BVs.

At the beginning of 2018-19, panels were calling more URs than at the end of the season. They probably got told to be more lenient as it was the direction ISU was taking. Re we don't mind UR jumps

by Anonymousreply 331May 21, 2019 7:33 PM

How long before triples become the new quints? They are already the new quads.

by Anonymousreply 332May 21, 2019 7:35 PM

Conspiracy theory: Vincent Zhou's plan of 'redefine' figure skating is working. He mysteriously inserted himself in World's podium and now they're changing the rules... Suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 333May 21, 2019 8:09 PM

R333 move along, nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 334May 21, 2019 8:17 PM

R323 Ann, if we send you a copy of this, perhaps you will reconsider?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335May 21, 2019 8:21 PM

Synesthesia, the age of consent is 18, not 13, and that was only part of the uproar in Japan. Even a famous animator tweeted about it. But how do you think Takahashi would feel if he knew his biggest fan was spreading ugly myths about his country? At least you're no longer denying what he said. That's progress, in a sense. But I wouldn't get too comfortable just yet. It seems the Merenge incident may be coming up again.

R302 Cults and murder allegations? Papa Liu may be the most intriguing skater parent yet! What happened to the case in the end?

According to SI, Yan/Mary has her own place elsewhere, so is there another old lady who's taking care of the kids day-to-day?

R305 That makes more sense. I don't know how I missed that. But even three kids seems like a lot for an immigration attorney/very busy single dad (on paper).

R329 I think it's no longer just about fame and money. Alyssa winning the OGM in the country that tried to imprison him is probably very motivating.

by Anonymousreply 336May 21, 2019 11:03 PM

R333 I guess we shouldn't be surprised if the ISU makes Vincent Zhou World champ next year.

by Anonymousreply 337May 21, 2019 11:08 PM

R337 They just want to keep Zhou afloat if Chen falters. Especially since Zhou and Chen can't meet on the GPS circuit anymore as World medalists, so Zhou needs a reason to suddenly win gold GP medals.

Uno and Zhou, and Eteri quadsters, are definitely going to be the biggest winners next season.

by Anonymousreply 338May 21, 2019 11:14 PM

DL whores, why so judgy? Djebssfj2++#$#&#

Whomst amongst yous hasn't peeeeed on the living room settee and groped a lady at the bus stop today? Hmmm? Thoughts so, fuckrrs

by Anonymousreply 339May 21, 2019 11:19 PM

I don't even know who Maxim Trankov is - other than an asshole.

Maxim Trankov interview:

Q: Which male skaters do you root for?

MT: Javier Fernandez. Things are different for him, because he’s like the last Mohican. His rivals are all Asian men: Nathan Chen, Patrick Chan, Denis Ten, Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno… Fernandez’s skating is real male skating and that’s something you don’t see anymore.

[Link is to the Japanese translation of the Russian original.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 22, 2019 12:15 AM

Christine Brennan‏ Verified account @cbrennansports 3h3 hours ago

U.S. Figure Skating is just out with a statement of full support for victims of sexual abuse but with no mention of Bridget Namiotka, who bravely went public on Facebook to say the late John Coughlin sexually abused her for two years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341May 22, 2019 12:21 AM

R340 Yeah, can't even chalk this one up to a preference for a certain style of skating. The skaters he cited all have different skating styles, and all except for Hanyu have been touted as examples of masculine skating. Only commonality is their race.

R341 that statement is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 342May 22, 2019 12:23 AM

He just flat out says it's "Asian" men whose skating he hates. WTF? And Denis Ten?!? He has the nerve to insult him too, when he was murdered last year!

by Anonymousreply 343May 22, 2019 12:30 AM

R343 the interview is from 2017. Still the most nonsensical thing someone has ever said.

by Anonymousreply 344May 22, 2019 12:32 AM

Thanks R344. It just showed up on my timeline today and I didn't notice the date

by Anonymousreply 345May 22, 2019 12:49 AM

R340 Well, he'll be skating in FaOI if it's the same Maxim Trankov. I suppose he'll just hang out with Javi and they can do "real male skating" together.

by Anonymousreply 346May 22, 2019 1:31 AM

Trankov-- barely able to disguise his racism. Well, he didn't mention any Russian skaters he'd root for. Not even Kolyada. I heard Russians are pretty racist; is that true?

by Anonymousreply 347May 22, 2019 3:16 AM

Wow. They're really going out of their way to make the next figure skating OGM a low-hanging fruit, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 348May 22, 2019 3:29 AM

Please someone tell me something (everything) was lost in translation. I know Trankov was very friendly with Denis Ten and throwing shade on him like that doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 349May 22, 2019 4:04 AM

Max raves about Sui/Han and Chinese pairs in general, and seems to love visiting Japan. And yes, he was friends with Denis Ten. I know what he was trying to say about men's singles but it sounds unfortunate after all the translations. I really don't think he is racist.

by Anonymousreply 350May 22, 2019 4:15 AM

Well, Medvedeva should probably stop complaining about copycats now. Hanyu's costume designer, Satomi Ito, will be making her Memoirs of a Geisha dress. Ito also made Miyahara's Memoirs of a Geisha dress.

Hanyu sighting in FaOI ensemble member Anastasia Mariusheva's IG story:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 22, 2019 8:17 AM

R340 He praised Takahashi, Hanyu, Uno and Chen during the same interview, as well as Japanese and Chinese training methods (sending skaters abroad to camps to see top specialists and coaches while Russian skaters just stay in Russia all year). He spent most of the interview criticising outdated Russian training. I don't think he intended to come off as hateful or offensive in any way, although ultimately what he said was somewhat racist and homophobic. He was suggesting that Asians have a physical advantage (which seems to be a common Russia opinion) and better feds/training (including the Asian-American skaters), so that makes Fernandez an underdog and why he wants to support him, besides the "manly" skating.

by Anonymousreply 352May 22, 2019 8:53 AM

Thanks, JDC. I remember when Eteri said that Asians have a better body-type for skating - though I don't know if she just meant the men or both genders. Now I don't feel as annoyed with him. It's still ridiculous though. Didn't John Curry break that blokey mold back in the 1970s - and he was British, and not of Asian ancestry. Then there was Weir, of Norwegian forebears, etc...

by Anonymousreply 353May 22, 2019 10:19 AM

r353 Does "better body type" mean height? Because it seems to be the only common denominator. Uno's as different in body type from Hanyu as Kolyada is from Kovtun.

by Anonymousreply 354May 22, 2019 1:38 PM

I was wondering that too, R354. Kolyada is shorter than Hanyu. But I assume she's thinking of the stereotype taller broad European type, like Kovtun or Samarin or Lazukin. (assuming that's even accurate)

The analogy doesn't hold too well though, imo. Brian Orser is 5'6" - so is Kurt Browning - Scott Hamilton is 5'4" - and on and on.

Maybe as a vague generality, westerners/Europeans are taller than Asians - but figure skating has never drawn the tallest, largest men, because it's more a hindrance than a help, except maybe in pairs/ice dance.

I think it's just racism lol. They're beating us because of an unfair advantage yada yada.

by Anonymousreply 355May 22, 2019 1:56 PM

Has Ito done costumes for other foreign skaters as well or is Med the first one

by Anonymousreply 356May 22, 2019 2:03 PM

And if Eteri was talking about women as well as men, Arakawa, Yuna Kim, and Mao Asada were all on the tall side, for figure skaters.

As often happens, I don't know what the hell the Russian was talking about. At least they weren't fat or 'flying pigs', amirite TAT and Raf?

by Anonymousreply 357May 22, 2019 2:09 PM

R356 She has an English page titled "how to order" so I guess yes, she does costumes for foreigners and her prices are quite reasonable starting from JPY200,000

by Anonymousreply 358May 22, 2019 2:20 PM

Hanyu and Fernandez are the same height. In terms of body type, Fernandez isn't much different from Chan. Fernandez also had access to the same training as Hanyu. Also, if Max were just complaining about fed/training advantage, why throw in Ten? I wouldn't defend anything he said here, but if I were those skaters, I wouldn't take anything he said personally. Max says a lot of dickhead/critical things about everyone, including his own fed and countrymen. He's equal opportunity in that way.

by Anonymousreply 359May 22, 2019 2:21 PM

[356] i think she lade a costume for elena radionova, i don't know about anybody else

by Anonymousreply 360May 22, 2019 2:23 PM

I hope Ito gives Med the same dress she made for Miyahara for that program just to fuck with her.

by Anonymousreply 361May 22, 2019 2:23 PM

R355 No it is not racism. It is a preference or an opinion. You wont never get it.

by Anonymousreply 362May 22, 2019 3:48 PM

If someone says: "Yuzuru skates like a female , i love it". It is not racism, but if one say "Yuzuru skates like a female , I dont like it I prefer Fernadez . It is racism then.. lol , ubers are weird

by Anonymousreply 363May 22, 2019 3:58 PM

R361 You know, Med ubers will accused Satoko of copying her because Med did plan to skate to Memoir of a Geisha 5 years ago and Med will raise both hands to sustain her support to them.

by Anonymousreply 364May 22, 2019 4:51 PM

R363 You're missing some subtleties there, Daitroll, but I won't expect you that kind of analysis from you.

by Anonymousreply 365May 22, 2019 4:59 PM

R336

[quote]What happened to the case in the end?

Hard to say - the cases were filed in superior court, so filings aren't really accessible. Looks from news reports that after the initial lawsuits, the cult leader turned around and sued the original plaintiffs (and also accused Arthur Liu's ex-wife/cougar/sugar mama of being a spy!). Cult leader's wiki states, without citation, that most of the civil charges against him were lost or withdrawn.

Arthur Liu's defamation cases against the Chinese newspapers sounded disastrous though - his client not only lost but was ordered to pay the atty fees and costs of the newspapers.

[quote]According to SI, Yan/Mary has her own place elsewhere, so is there another old lady who's taking care of the kids day-to-day?

I think it's the same old lady (although Arthur Liu has said when the kids were young, his mother came from China to help, so maybe she's another old lady). In an old SFMercury article, Liu said he's raising the kids with help from his "partner" and "a community of friends" but basically he's doing it on his own.

by Anonymousreply 366May 22, 2019 5:00 PM

R356 I dont think so..He just prefers more manly skating , for him it is fernandez skating. Just because he doesnt find asian skating manly enough doesnt mean he is racist

by Anonymousreply 367May 22, 2019 5:31 PM

Ugh, the "Asians have better bodies for skating" is so much bullshit. As if every person on the entire continent is built the same. There will always be racists crying how it's TRUE that the SUCCESSFUL Asian men have a certain body type, which is also a big fat lie. Hanyu and Uno have exactly opposite body types and as someone up there said, Javi and Chan have similar body types. No one complained about Asian body types when Tara Lipinski beat Michelle Kwan. No one made sweeping generalizations about body types by skin color until Asian skaters started beating white skaters. Then it's suddenly "oh no it's unfair, they're advantaged!" okay. As if all the advantages that the western countries have don't count. The only time anyone talks about white bodies is to defend their failures and the only time they talk about Asian bodies is when trying to tear down their achievements. It's all racist.

End rant. Sorry, as an Asian person I hate this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 368May 22, 2019 7:33 PM

Wait, so Satoko did Memoirs of a Geisha before? After Med's laughable tango compared to Satoko last season, she's going for the next one. I'm looking forward to how Med fans praise her artistry and how judges will score her PCS.

by Anonymousreply 369May 22, 2019 7:50 PM

R369 She did it in 2017-18. But you already forgot it since how memorable it was

by Anonymousreply 370May 22, 2019 8:11 PM

R368 Well put. Even as a non-Asian, I completely agree.

by Anonymousreply 371May 22, 2019 8:30 PM

FS has gone all pear-shaped lately, so I'm just thankful for the small miracles. The tweet is pretty funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372May 22, 2019 9:14 PM

Well, he bows a lot, so...

by Anonymousreply 373May 22, 2019 9:56 PM

r370 Miyahara's Memoirs of a Geisha is the program which made me actually like her skating. I loved the Asian flair to some of her movements. Though I don't really see how Med could make it interesting. Especially if it's gonna be DW choreographing.

by Anonymousreply 374May 22, 2019 10:57 PM

R374 I hated the music. I hated the dress. But Miyahara skated equisitely. Do we know who's choreographing Med's FS? Is it Ge?

by Anonymousreply 375May 22, 2019 11:25 PM

You can have the tech - the 3A, the quads - or you could try to hang in there with great combos like Zag's lutz/loop, or with exquisite skating, like Satoko or Kostornaia or Kostner (though the judges give PCS to big jumpers no matter what...)

But in any case, I've never thought Med had any category covered. How can she remain relevant?

by Anonymousreply 376May 22, 2019 11:38 PM

R376 With petty instagram dramas.

by Anonymousreply 377May 22, 2019 11:59 PM

Jelly not good look for you r376. Trust me, my relevance deeeeply felt by DL thread mascot last night (3xs).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 23, 2019 12:19 AM

That edit sucks, they didn't even try.

by Anonymousreply 379May 23, 2019 1:00 AM

r379 Oh they tried, but it's kinda hard when there's no suitable source material. You've got to edit absolutely everything. And you end up with Hanyu who's somehow butch and Med who's a giant. Well, I guess she could be wearing 5 inch heels.

by Anonymousreply 380May 23, 2019 1:11 AM

R377 you mean petty Instagram drama like this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381May 23, 2019 1:36 AM

Lol found this on a different DL thread (nothing explosive, just good to confirm MK isn't just a bore, but also an entitled bitch): [quote]Michelle Kwan was at a diner style eatery ages ago...after she imploded at the 2002 Winter Games. With her boyfriend...didn’t like the meatloaf she ordered and demanded that they not only take it back, but comp her meal. They did and even fixed her a fancy dessert. But she was rather curt and rude to the waitress. This was on a website called Bitter Waitress. Don’t know if it’s still around...

by Anonymousreply 382May 23, 2019 2:35 AM

link doesn't work, R381

by Anonymousreply 383May 23, 2019 2:44 AM

Oh darn, I’ll just post the url as part of the post then, had to insert the space after http or the post won’t get through http ://imgur.com/l0mUCww

by Anonymousreply 384May 23, 2019 2:52 AM

Has Javii's sister met Yuzu before? Or this year FAOI would be their first? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 385May 23, 2019 7:35 AM

They could have met at Barselonas. But there's no information afaik.

by Anonymousreply 386May 23, 2019 7:51 AM

R385 Hanyu and flamenco on ice:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387May 23, 2019 9:22 AM

Hanyu still has pain but is able to land a 3A and will be performing a POTO part 2.

by Anonymousreply 388May 23, 2019 9:33 AM

r388 And here I was hoping for a new costume drama.

by Anonymousreply 389May 23, 2019 9:36 AM

Here's video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390May 23, 2019 9:48 AM

The POTO might be a rock version and collaboration with Toshi and his "Masquerade" song.

by Anonymousreply 391May 23, 2019 9:55 AM

Interesting timing. Habu (the other "Hanyu) just won his 1433rd match and now top news.

I think Martiusheva might be snubbing a certain skater. She hashtagged only Tuk and Zagitova in a post for FaOI.

Nico Nico will have a livestream backstage after Saturday's FaOI performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392May 23, 2019 10:52 AM

That should be Habu won for the 1433rd time.

by Anonymousreply 393May 23, 2019 10:57 AM

R392 Wasn't Med there ? I remember reading something her flight was delayed ?

by Anonymousreply 394May 23, 2019 11:42 AM

I saw a picture, on Instagram I think, of Med with Johnny Weir - so she's there.

And here's Yuzu hugging some lady - and she's showing him how to do capework as part of Javi's show (I guess) - he's pretty good. Hope the link works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395May 23, 2019 12:27 PM

It was Med's Instagram - here she is with Johnny (posted 8 hrs ago)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396May 23, 2019 12:31 PM

R387 If Hanyu isn't somehow in full drag doing cape-ography with the rest of dancers, then what even is the point of this flamenco segment. Also, some eagle eye fraus noted Med putzing around on the ice in the background whilst Yuzu is living his Spanish fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 397May 23, 2019 2:14 PM

[quote]I think Martiusheva might be snubbing a certain skater. She hashtagged only Tuk and Zagitova in a post for FaOI.

Oh no, a washed up never was pair skater didn't hashtag someone. This is the kind of drama y'all are going to post all summer? Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 398May 23, 2019 2:25 PM

Did he put on some weight? It seems so to me

by Anonymousreply 399May 23, 2019 2:26 PM

R398 Dear Synesthshfa, I agree. Who caares bout stoopids hanffuy. Just now, I peeeeed in laundry hamper of FAn in #209 and she Soo thankful for it. gjgru&$-$$-$#. Holpe you + your pension come see me in Hoyen 💖

by Anonymousreply 400May 23, 2019 2:36 PM

R398 You actually think the figure skating world is anything other than drama? You're into the wrong sport, love. Alright, clever one, go ahead and regale us with something that you deem appropriate for conversation here at the DL. We await your response. And it better be good.

by Anonymousreply 401May 23, 2019 3:48 PM

POTO. Seriously. I was looking forward to something original like Haru yo koi (I know it's a popular Japanese song, so don't come at me jdc but as a fs program it was sth fresh) not some overdone shitty warhorse that should have been forcefully retired 50 years ago. Super disappointed and if he actually keeps it as a program for next season, I will officially skip it as a viewer. He is the only reason I still bother with this sport and all the shit that goes on in it but if he adheres to the terrible musical taste of the average Canadian frau then sorry but as a fan I won't follow. One POTO was enough. I find even his RJ 2.0 more palatable than that one. There is little you can do with terrible music that aged badly. POTO, Carmen, Moulin Rouge and the likes should be forever banned from fs playlists. He should do some flamenco instead. He looked really into it when Sonia was showing him the moves.

by Anonymousreply 402May 23, 2019 4:18 PM

R398 Fellow DLers are honored you think we're worthy of much better drama. Afterall, we have never ever wasted brain cells dissecting the secret art and hidden meanings of Med copying bracelets. As poetic connoisseurs, we of course have gathered to better analyze the literature masterpieces of Ge and Zhou's social media posts.

by Anonymousreply 403May 23, 2019 4:22 PM

R402 LOL I love POTO and hate flamenco. Yuzuru, you have a really hard choice to make. Me or R402? *suspensful music*

by Anonymousreply 404May 23, 2019 4:55 PM

R402 I dislike POTO too, but I think a Masquerade/POTO mashup could be pretty cool. Not for a competitive program though. He would be nuts to revive POTO.

by Anonymousreply 405May 23, 2019 4:57 PM

R402 Maybe he doesn't want to learn a new whole program and choreography while he's still injured.

by Anonymousreply 406May 23, 2019 5:00 PM

BREAKING NEWS: next season, Hanyu's programs will be tributes...to himself.

by Anonymousreply 407May 23, 2019 5:05 PM

he is so lazy

by Anonymousreply 408May 23, 2019 5:24 PM

R408 404 Error. Laziness not found.

Even if Hanyu strips POTO 1.0 bare to equal Chen and Zhou's quality crossovers deserving of high 8's and 9's, that'd be a whole new challenge for him trying to skate to empty programs. Wouldn't be any lazier than Uno skating the same choreo and same interpretation to different music every damm season.

by Anonymousreply 409May 23, 2019 6:26 PM

And he is so boooooring

by Anonymousreply 410May 23, 2019 6:28 PM

R409 you're trying to reason with Daitroll.

by Anonymousreply 411May 23, 2019 6:29 PM

R409 I dont talk about technical things. Only about his artisting choices

by Anonymousreply 412May 23, 2019 6:31 PM

R411 Cool. It's been a while since I fell for it. Thanks.

R412 "Artistic choices." I see. Changing music means a lot to you, even if across all programs it's similarly empty or choreo disappears. Upholding artistic integrity must be so hard for the rest of the men with the GOAT being so lazy.

by Anonymousreply 413May 23, 2019 7:57 PM

Iron Klaus - usually reliable info, for all their faults, I think - has Yuzu tagged with Toshi's Masquerade. So either Yuzu is doing 2 performances or he's doing a mashup with POTO. The latter could actually be interesting, the movement in the video a few posts above liked gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414May 23, 2019 7:58 PM

R414 It will be a mashup. The song named Masquerade which matches with POTO concept.

by Anonymousreply 415May 23, 2019 8:20 PM

R414 The choreo does look cool, but I don't know if I can stomach another incarnation of POTO. I wonder who was responsible for resurrecting it.

by Anonymousreply 416May 23, 2019 9:07 PM

r416 I'd bet it was Yuzu himself. He was the one to push for it the first time around.

I 'm one of the fortunate ones who don't hate POTO (actually, it's one of my favorite warhorses, I loved Yuhana Yokoi's last year) so I'm kinda excited.

by Anonymousreply 417May 23, 2019 9:17 PM

Makabe said on Japan Groove that the second half of the FaOI tour will have different songs, so the POTO performances will likely be for Makuhari and Sendai only. Hanyu did say in the past he wanted to do POTO again since it was never fully realized due to his injury, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll be used for a competitive program again.

R398 You’re right, Synesthesia! We should be discussing real drama, like Takahashi pissing himself and describing a minor’s sweet sweet thighs on national television!

What? You want us to return to the “washed-up” “never was” pairs skater?

By the way, since I’m feeling nice today, apartments available for rent at Takahashi’s building are already up on Suumo. This is your chance! Rent starts at 93,000 yen a month for a 1K (one room with kitchen):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418May 23, 2019 9:29 PM

Apparently Suumo won't let me post the link to all of the apartments, so here's one. You can find the others searching for "スカイコートディベルテ浅草" on Suumo's website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 23, 2019 9:41 PM

R418 JCD, whyysdf kick man when he lying faace dwn in own peee ee and vommit and presenting hole to neighbouur's cats? Thx for freeee advert for apt. tho. the one bedrom nice price, yas? nearrby to my place, so Darrt Cazr can coome over for nighat cap? I brinng drinkks, you briing life inslurance beneficiarryy forms?

by Anonymousreply 420May 23, 2019 10:23 PM

I loved POTO 1.0 and have no problems whatsoever with a revival. I think Hanyu is perfectly fine with losing a hypersensitive fan or two. He has enough people tuning in who loves 🍑 🍑 🍑

by Anonymousreply 421May 23, 2019 10:51 PM

R420. Sloppy drunk pee spraying Dai is hella funny!!!

by Anonymousreply 422May 23, 2019 10:52 PM

Okay, but are those prices normal for Japan and the area? Isn't rent high for even small rented spaces if it's a prime area? Don't know yet if that can be considered an absurd scam or not.

by Anonymousreply 423May 23, 2019 11:08 PM

Unlike most, I like the concept of a lazy ass Hanyu*. It's a novel one. Alas, I don't find what he's doing currently a particularly gratuitous show of it. I actually find PotO, or a mashup of it or whatever, a much more exciting choice than stuff like Believe and Wings of Words. Those were real snoozers to me. Anyway, he needs to try harder if he's wants to sell that image.

*(I mean Hanyu himself. His derrière is a separate entity and it always works hard 24/7. Even when Hanyu is dragging it around, you can always count on it to pick up its owner's slack, bless the pert perhaps-not-so-lil' thang.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424May 23, 2019 11:11 PM

I have better ass

by Anonymousreply 425May 23, 2019 11:17 PM

Has Flade said anything about why her book has been pulled from Sendai International Center? Someone said the book 's website has also been closed. So she didn't have all of the rights/permission afterall?

R423 Since it's in a brand new building in Asakusa, it's not that high for a 1K. But Skycourt isn't known for high rent, but low return for buyers.

by Anonymousreply 426May 23, 2019 11:33 PM

R426 I'm glad that two-faced cunt is no longer making money off Hanyu

by Anonymousreply 427May 23, 2019 11:46 PM

Well, it looks like the website is still up but says it's no longer being used and the event has been canceled. The official twitter hasn't said anything about the cancellation and Flade has been silent so far. The book was rejected from a popular Japanese online store last month because its legality couldn't be established, although the official Ice Interview website had a page claiming it had the rights and authorization, but possibly that was only in South Korea where it was being published.

by Anonymousreply 428May 23, 2019 11:54 PM

Satoko's 2019-2020 programs SP: Yalla, Tabla & Percussion Solo, Egyptian Disco by DJ Disse - choreo by Benoit Richaud FS: Theme of Schindler’s List, Prelude in C sharp minor, Hatikva (Intelude), piano arrangement by John Bayless - choreo by Lori Nichol

by Anonymousreply 429May 24, 2019 12:09 AM

[quote] He should do some flamenco instead. He looked really into it when Sonia was showing him the moves.

Sorry to be so clueless, but who is Sonia? Is that Javi's sister?

And another Schindler! I think Jason is already signed up for one. Maybe one of the Russian girls? or was that an earlier season?

I need spreadsheets to keep up with all this data - it's like being a baseball geek.

by Anonymousreply 430May 24, 2019 12:17 AM

R430 Sonia is Sonia Lafuente, Spanish figure skater; Laura Fernandez is Javi's sister; Mari--- nobody is his whore; hanyu is also whore, but not sure who he belong to; Miki Ando is sexxxy love of his life.

by Anonymousreply 431May 24, 2019 12:24 AM

Sorry Miki, but Javier is the whore, I think that's why you two got along so well.

by Anonymousreply 432May 24, 2019 12:27 AM

R432 Eric, is that you? I see your fiancé’s former dance partner is part of Javi’s flamenco thing ... are you expecting some intel from her?

by Anonymousreply 433May 24, 2019 12:34 AM

Thanks R431.

And triple Lutz! Even though he said he's still in pain! Oh dear. That makes me think he really is planning on bringing back the 4Lz and possibly working on 4F. If Chan was the first - then will Chen is his last Nemesis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434May 24, 2019 1:09 AM

* will Chen BE his last Nemesis?

by Anonymousreply 435May 24, 2019 1:10 AM

R434 Excuse me, but have you not seen the latest score revision? Clearly, the Powers That Be have determined that I, Zhou, shall be the ultimate Foe.

by Anonymousreply 436May 24, 2019 2:06 AM

[quote]“Athlete safety and wellbeing continue to be a top priority of U.S. Figure Skating. We fully support all victims of sexual abuse and misconduct and encourage anyone who either has been abused or suspects abuse or misconduct to report it,” U.S. Figure Skating said in a statement Tuesday.

“We condemn any and all acts of bullying and shaming of those who share their story. Bullying and victim-shaming are wrong and will not be tolerated,” the statement said. “U.S. Figure Skating commends and supports those who speak up as we all work to end abuse and misconduct in sport.”

So will USFS condemn coughlin’s coach and other assholes who wore those trumpian hats as part of victim shaming. At this point anybody who is part of the USFS and doesn’t stand up for this BS is complicit in the abuse- that includes the skaters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437May 24, 2019 3:02 AM

R437 Funny how USFSA made such a show of wanting SafeSport to continue its investigation (likely knowing SS wouldn't because of its mandate), but when a victim actually comes forward, it issues this totally toothless, useless statement. I'm hearing absolute crickets from all corners of US skating. Or did I miss the words of support for this woman?

by Anonymousreply 438May 24, 2019 3:16 AM

I don't know where he said this, but about that 3Lz Yuzuru did at FaoI practice:

kadova @kadova2

Replying to @cagalli14 @RED_far

He said he's strenghtening his ankle muscles. The FaOI shows are part of his rehabilitation programme.

by Anonymousreply 439May 24, 2019 4:04 AM

r428 Who's Flade? The name rings a bell, someone associated with GS or FSU? What's the story with the book? I missed it before.

by Anonymousreply 440May 24, 2019 8:08 AM

R439 it was in the news snippets

by Anonymousreply 441May 24, 2019 8:28 AM

Thanks R441.

And so it's begun:

#YuzuruHanyu landed a clean #4T in the #OP of #FaOI2019

by Anonymousreply 442May 24, 2019 9:21 AM

No stream yet - but there's a photo from the opening number and they're keeping a close eye out (Planet Hanyu link to FaOI thread)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443May 24, 2019 9:24 AM

Oh god, he's dipping some woman. I don't 'think' it's Med. Maybe Tessa Virtue? Use the arrows to see his costume in greater detail. Fishnet arms, a flesh colored modesty vest, flowery billowy undershirt? I miss Dory. Actually - it's ok. I've got to remember the venue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444May 24, 2019 9:46 AM

it is not tessa , it is cappelini i think

by Anonymousreply 445May 24, 2019 11:34 AM

That hustler-esque top, tho.

(Would be better if it had a pull-over design instead of a button-up one and a more form-fitting underlayer...)

by Anonymousreply 446May 24, 2019 11:42 AM

Just saw it on other male skaters and realized they'd actually going for a suit-esque design. It's actually pretty inspired, if only Hanyu hadn't made it look so weird lol. On him, a pull-over design might have worked better.

by Anonymousreply 447May 24, 2019 11:50 AM

R443 There're more pics under the #yuzuru hanyu tag on Tumblr. Also tried the faoi related tags hoping to find pics of other skaters but there isn't many yet.

by Anonymousreply 448May 24, 2019 12:00 PM

Johnny Weir in a hot pink leotard with a court-jester neon orange striped top.

Also in this set of pictures, Stephane wrapped in cellophane (cellowrap) with a sheer chiffon black scarf haphazardly taped on. - Apparently Stephane did a new program with piano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449May 24, 2019 12:02 PM

Not leotard - leggings I guess.

by Anonymousreply 450May 24, 2019 12:05 PM

The outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451May 24, 2019 12:17 PM

Apparently, Yuzu attempt a quad Lutz in the finale and fell.

I think his finale outfit is one of these three.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452May 24, 2019 12:21 PM

R451 Looks like a cross between last year's FaoI space cadet outfit and the Star Trek Enterprise uniform. Also, looks kinda like a futuristic version of the PotO1.0 getup.

by Anonymousreply 453May 24, 2019 12:29 PM

Dominatrix Phantom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454May 24, 2019 12:51 PM

All those skaters: " oh i was invited to hanyu show, my god we are so special!"

by Anonymousreply 455May 24, 2019 12:53 PM

"To tell you more about that glove, he stands there with his legs wide apart and glares at the short side and slams it down onto the ice. It's a duel. You will lose your mind. Really."

"It was a very mature #POTO and overwhelming! It starts with an outpouring of emotion which leaves you stunned. There is something incendiary and very powerful. I brought every and he took all of it. Then he takes his white glove off and slams it against the ice and leaves."

"At the finale: Hanyu attempted the 4Lz two times. 1st one he popped it and the 2dn he fell and apologized to the audience, but he seemed so focused and energetic."

"During the #Finale #YuzuruHanyu would not leave #EvgeniPlushenko's side. Before he said his standard #Arigatogozaimashita, he realized everyone was worried about his ankle and did a thumbs up. As he was disappearing he turned and put on his mask."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456May 24, 2019 12:56 PM

Jesus he looks hot at r454

by Anonymousreply 457May 24, 2019 1:02 PM

Hilarious photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458May 24, 2019 1:19 PM

Why is Zag with her Carmen costume

by Anonymousreply 459May 24, 2019 1:39 PM

If this POTO/Masquerade mash up gonna be Yuzu's new Ex, I,'m definitely on board. It sounded great, hot and obviously made the audience scream. It brings out his rock star persona. That's everything I want for his new Ex.

by Anonymousreply 460May 24, 2019 1:52 PM

I'm digging the leather and emo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461May 24, 2019 1:57 PM

Is she Anna Cappellini

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462May 24, 2019 2:06 PM

Most of those outfits look ridiculous! But Yuzuru looks convincing with that girl in his arms. I'll bet the audience liked that.

by Anonymousreply 463May 24, 2019 2:09 PM

yeah it is anna, not some tessa

by Anonymousreply 464May 24, 2019 2:09 PM

Be aware ISU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465May 24, 2019 2:19 PM

Yes R461 - "After skating with #AnnaCappellini, #YuzuruHanyu bowed (to her)"

by Anonymousreply 466May 24, 2019 2:23 PM

Yuzuruhanyu tag on IG. They should hire me as their editor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467May 24, 2019 2:25 PM

God - if they'd had Yuzu dance with/dip Zags, I'd have been afraid for her life (Mariahgate rerun but worse)

Anyway, to R459, this person did a short recap of the first half (I edited some obvious mistakes) - and seems to be saying Zags did Carmen as a collab?

FaOI first half: Opening Midsummer Night's Dream (TOSHL collab); Mr. Balde, Quick; Oda-kun; Polishchuk & Becedin (acrobats); Cappellini/Lanotte (Collaboration) Arakawa-san (collaboration); Johnny; Ando; Jeff; Liza (Collaboration); Alina (collaboration in Carmen); Lambiel; Med; Plush; Zambotime

by Anonymousreply 468May 24, 2019 2:32 PM

Apparently Quick = Satoko (somebody ran that recap list thru Google translate)

by Anonymousreply 469May 24, 2019 2:37 PM

R468 Thanks. Hmmm I guess that's better than skating to some other music wearing that costume. Though I still think someone should have done something new for her.

by Anonymousreply 470May 24, 2019 2:45 PM

R470 I choreofhagrah Can Can number for herrr.

by Anonymousreply 471May 24, 2019 2:51 PM

Some clips from the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472May 24, 2019 2:53 PM

jesus, that choreo is terrible and those faces he makes in the end ,all the time ,the same. is that supposed to be sexy??

by Anonymousreply 473May 24, 2019 3:00 PM

Fuck!!! The drought is over and YUZU IS LOOKING HOT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 474May 24, 2019 3:08 PM

R474 hot? he looks like he'd be high! Anyway, he cannot move his upper body to save his life

by Anonymousreply 475May 24, 2019 3:09 PM

He needs to wear leather next season. NEEDS.

by Anonymousreply 476May 24, 2019 3:11 PM

High? You're getting him confused with your guy, Daitroll. Yuzu is sizzling - making use of that deathglare (and those tight pants).

I wish he'd skip the quads in the finale though. To be risking anything - when the audience is going wild for POTO - I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 477May 24, 2019 3:15 PM

R473 Daitroll, goddamn you're hard to please.

by Anonymousreply 478May 24, 2019 3:20 PM

r477 I think Yuzu probably feels like he needs to succeed in these jumps in front of an audience and not just in practice. I trust he knows what he is doing. Failing is part of succeeding.

by Anonymousreply 479May 24, 2019 3:20 PM

Yuzu looks like he buffed up his upper body.

by Anonymousreply 480May 24, 2019 3:21 PM

R477 who you mean by your guy, whore?? You re obsessed with takahashi , not me. Dont put your obsession on me. You wished death to dennis ten back then, i posed about it and all of that remind you of takahashi???/You d love to have him dead too? I bet all of those skater who "did " something bad to saint hanyu , or said something to bad to our saint hanyu is worth dying.. Stick to your hanyu, grandpa and dream about his ass all the day long, miserable faggot

by Anonymousreply 481May 24, 2019 3:21 PM

R477 Ha! Now i know why you call me Daitroll! After Dennis Ten death, i started posting about fan' death wisehs to Ten .i was right I bet you were one of them but you felt stupid to answer me back coz Dennis was dead! So you started picking on me with Takahashi , ALIVE and ,another skater who was NOT nice to yuzuru and he is the one you hate , so you can tease OTHER people with skater you hate..isnt that pathetic?????? Thata because I REMIND you about BAD BEHAVIOUR FROM YUZURU FANS(i bET YOU RE ONE OF THEM)you dont have to connect me wit skater you hate like Takahashi, idiot!. I noticed that skater is liked here by quite many people. so show some respect to them, his fans ok??

by Anonymousreply 482May 24, 2019 3:36 PM

R477 r478 let that be a lesson to you for engaging the resident psycho.

by Anonymousreply 483May 24, 2019 3:40 PM

The fall on 4Lz. Downgraded. He should give up on it. Seriously. I don't think he'll ever master it. Even when he was at his best in 2017 and landed some 4lz back then, his 4Lz always lacked about 1/4 rotation which caused dangerous low landings. His technique doesn't allow PR, UR without impacting his ankle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484May 24, 2019 3:42 PM

R83 i am not the psycho here...you re so SENSITIVE when comes to hanyu, when ANTI FANS hate on hanyu, but when you hate on other and wished them death back then is alright, you re pathetic, LIKE ALL OF ASIAN FANS. 100% PSYCHOS

by Anonymousreply 485May 24, 2019 3:44 PM

Stunning photos from POTO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486May 24, 2019 4:04 PM

BREAKING NEWS: SHIBS WILL NOT COMPETE NEXT SEASON!!

by Anonymousreply 487May 24, 2019 4:10 PM

Any reports on Javi's Flamenco on Ice thing? I just saw footage of skaters carrying some dancer around on a giant plate.

by Anonymousreply 488May 24, 2019 4:17 PM

Here's a clip of Javi's Flamenco - I can't read Spanish so I don't know if this was all taken at the show or in rehearsal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489May 24, 2019 4:26 PM

[quote] BREAKING NEWS: SHIBS WILL NOT COMPETE NEXT SEASON!!

Had they said they might? Oh well... Must be making a killing with the merch on Amazon or wherever they sell it.

by Anonymousreply 490May 24, 2019 4:29 PM

R489 Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 491May 24, 2019 4:29 PM

Stephane looking so damned hot -- and Tuk sure is a forgiving soul. She should have been at Worlds with her 3A instead of Med and her... well, whatever she has. Entitlement?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492May 24, 2019 4:40 PM

I see that Yuzu had enough of judges underscoring him for being too delicate/femme and decided to go for generic 'masculine' costume and choreo aka Nathan hoping that people will buy it. Throw a bit of het interaction like that terrible group number and that might just work for some. Although Yuzu, sweetie sorry but it doesn't suit you and it's just plain cringe so please drop it. This is really the sad state of figure skating when your last hope for it utterly disappoints you like this. I should really give up on this sport and those in it. I guess I'll just follow ice dance from now on hoping Papadakis/Cizeron don't get robbed of the ogm in Beijing.

by Anonymousreply 493May 24, 2019 4:46 PM

R493 calm down. It's fucking FAOI. Also, there is nothing Nathanesque about that costume or the bits of choreo we've seen.

by Anonymousreply 494May 24, 2019 4:54 PM

R488 there are some photos from the Flamenco production in this account - and a lot of clips and pix from the show, besides just Yuzuru ones.

Satoko doesn't look at skinny in these tight leather clothes (or whatever) - and Rika looks hot. Both of them did their short programs - Satoko's Tabla&Percussion Solo - Rika's Breakfast in Baghdad. Seems like they're kinda getting overshadowed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495May 24, 2019 4:55 PM

I know it's just an ice show not the start of the competitive season but I was expecting better. Even the anime song collab last year and terrible costume were better. It went well with his geeky/otaku side and was cringe in a cute way. This is just trying hard and failing. Maybe it gets teenage fans wet but this is bad. I am also tired of him being all about the quads like the 4lz when the reason people love his skating is because of everything else that makes him such a beautiful skater. Fuck Nathan, USFA and ISU for pushing him in such a corner.

by Anonymousreply 496May 24, 2019 4:59 PM

Sorry wrong link (though it has the Flamenco pictures.) This account has clips of Med, Zag, Plushy, probably others if you scroll down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497May 24, 2019 4:59 PM

If Kihira continues like that, I might stop thinking she's overrated. Who did her choreo for that show?

by Anonymousreply 498May 24, 2019 5:06 PM

R496 Are you angry because he touched a girl? Don't worry, I don't think he has the cooties now.

by Anonymousreply 499May 24, 2019 5:06 PM

R496 we'll have to see the whole thing, but I really liked the bits that have been shown. Still him, with a goth twist. I understand why you're mad, but if he continues skating and wants to win, he has to upgrade his layout. There is nothing here that tells us he will change anything else about his skating.

by Anonymousreply 500May 24, 2019 5:07 PM

Are there reports on whether Mama Hanyu is getting some?

by Anonymousreply 501May 24, 2019 5:11 PM

R499 Could care less about the opening although in general I wish they would drop the obligatory het pairing intro. I am massively disappointed with what I have seen with POTO. Although I should have expected it. I was the one ranting about it yesterday. I despise POTO but I was praying for a nice costume at the very least and a non over the top ridiculous choreo but sadly I got none of my wishes. That and reading his stupid 4lz attempts on his still fucked up ankle and yes I'm pissed. It's probably dumb but for the most part his skating and programs throughout the year have represented the ideal of what fs should be about but since he lost world I got a bad feeling with how obsessed he became and this is the result I guess. Any way feel free to mute my rants if it bothers you.

by Anonymousreply 502May 24, 2019 5:12 PM

Never thought I'd say this about something remotely connected to POTO, but I liked that. Maybe because there was actually very little POTO in it. Choreo looks good - Miyamoto? Hanyu should at least once go to Miyamoto for a competition choreo.

I like the faux leather part of the costume, but the red part is too simple. The gloves though, both should be black.

by Anonymousreply 503May 24, 2019 5:15 PM

R499 He touch girl because he professional obligated, but the loins burn only for one girl. Am I too subtle? Do you want me to reveal secret? Girl is me.

by Anonymousreply 504May 24, 2019 5:16 PM

I meant 'years' plural. Seimei, Chopin, Otonal, Hope and Legacy and all his recent exhibition programs are what I consider perfection both artistically and technically. I even liked his interpretation of Nijinski although he never had time to fully develop it due to injury. But POTO. Seriously. Yes I'm fuming.

by Anonymousreply 505May 24, 2019 5:19 PM

No comment on music and costume, but the choreo was A MESS. I know I can't demand too much from a show EX, none of his show EXs has been to my taste. So whatever.

by Anonymousreply 506May 24, 2019 5:22 PM

R494 The gimmicks are very much Nathanesque but since Yuzu is galaxies above Nathan in terms of skating you get a bit more than just the gimmicks but still for him it's bad. He can do intense like he did with Seimei's chsq or Origin but this looks cheap and if it's seriously a Miyamoto choreo then I pray it stays as an ice show thing.

by Anonymousreply 507May 24, 2019 5:27 PM

At least he's not doing Chaplin. Oh wait - we don't really know that do we?

Anyway, I like it. He wanted to do the first POTO to show he was an adult, or something like that. And he wanted to repeat Romeo and Juliet, though DW tried to talk him out of it - made him do the Notre Dame instead but Yuzu won out later. I think this is actually a side of him that's always been there.

But I'm upset about the 4Lz. And his desperation to match Chen quad for quad. I guess like politics, all skating careers end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 508May 24, 2019 5:29 PM

R506 how can you even judge the choreo when there's no music to go with? Why are you even here when you could be having fun in Nathan's fan fest?

by Anonymousreply 509May 24, 2019 5:31 PM

R493 R496 Did you actually see the performance or did you just take one look, saw that there were no frills and minimal bling and passed an overreactive judgment? Because coupled with he fact that this is the very first performance on the very first day of an ice show that we didn't even get to see the full version of and your choice of words, that's the vibe I'm getting. I mean, I'm no fan of the USFed or ISU but I think you're giving them too much credit, too soon.

Still, even from the bits and pieces revealed, you'd have to be quite blind to not see that he could take away half his choreo in this performance and half the flair from his drab-by-Hanyu standards and he'd still have twice as much as what Chen had shown in his progs the last two seasons. And this coming from someone who actually quite likes Chen (while the new rules seem to benefit him the most, he at least doesn't whine until the authorities bend the scoring in his favor of his lacking technical prowess, and I like his performance style when he gives enough of a damn to show it).

Anyway, I dunno how I feel about this program yet (I like the rawk poto buts but not so much the masquerade bits) and the super dramatic bits made me chuckle but I like the biker-esque/space uniform look he seems to be going for and I'm glad he's trying something new. People complain when he doesn't and as we've just witnessed, people still complain when he does. I suppose that it's only natural but so is wanting to try something new, and I suppose, mature. So whether this is a success or whether it falls flat*, I'll give him kudos for simply trying.

*Judging from general fan reaction, especially those who have been there and witnessed it live, falling flat doesn't seem to be the case at all, and with he rest of the tour to hone it, your knee-jerkish opinion does seem to be in the minority and set to remain that way.

R508 What Nathan-esque gimmicks? Chen has gimmicks? Or are you talking about the stuff he does in shows? I like them. So I don't mind Hanyu taking inspiration from them. Just give him time to own them. All his signature moves that he now owns were all gimmicks of others anyway.

by Anonymousreply 510May 24, 2019 5:32 PM

I'm not one of the crazy Yuzuru stans here but he looks infinitely better in that clip than Nathan ever has, to my eyes. Yuzu has charisma coming out of every orifice...Nathan does not. I don't understand why some people here lose their shit about every tiny little thing. Maybe some fresh air would do you good.

by Anonymousreply 511May 24, 2019 5:36 PM

Finally Yuzu gets a physically attractive partner, not Ando or Suzuki. I'm a sucker for him finally getting his good het pairings.

I don't get how Hanyu not wearing pink frilly costumes doing Japanese inspired programs is supposed to be him trying to copy Chen. Chen did not invent masculine skating or dark costumes! I actually see him channelling his Nijinsky power and strength into this POTO skate, and this skate is still more Yuzu for its drama and eye glares than any other skater. Pu leese. Fans have always wanted him in red and black also. It's great that he's going for something a bit different compared to staying in the same mold that everyone expects him to be. In any case, junior Hanyu had lots of "masculine" programs, so I don't see it as him toning down the adrogyny rather him taming the Weir down to fit himself and personality.

by Anonymousreply 512May 24, 2019 5:37 PM

Yuzu and hot are two words that should never be used in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 513May 24, 2019 5:39 PM

R509 Why would I go to Nathan fan pages when he represents everything I dislike about fs. Just massively disappointed that it seems Yuzu instead of feeling confident with his amazing legacy as a 2 times OGM with iconic programs is willing to debase himself to that level because he seemingly doesn't recognize he lost worlds only due to usfa' s ugly schemings.

R508 I know he did this in the past but I associated it with teenage years' terrible taste as the past few years got us used to much better. Guess I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 514May 24, 2019 5:39 PM

Oops. Before I get misunderstood, just let me clear one thing up: by lacking in tech prowess, I don't mean Chen. If there's one thing Chen doesn't lack, it's that. In fact he's got so much of it, he's able to compensate for his lack of everything else. I mean someone else who doesn't even have that and instead of working on it, whined about it until political measures were taken to soothe his entitled wangst. Yes, I'm well aware it's probably not done just because of that but he and his coach were very vocal about the injustice done upon him and his supposedly non-existent URs.

by Anonymousreply 515May 24, 2019 5:42 PM

R514 Still don't get your point. Hanyu is PROUD of his OGM. He took Seimei there. Did you want another Seimei? Another Hope and Legacy? No one needs another Seimei or H&L. Those are iconic. Untouchable. People will actually just call him out for trying to replicate them. He's stepping in new territory for himself even if the POTO theme isn't new for him. The darker Nijinsky didn't reach the heights of performance as Seimei and H&L, so I'm actually looking forward for him to add another program very different from those two to his list of iconic memorable programs.

by Anonymousreply 516May 24, 2019 5:46 PM

R511 you can't bring up orifices without attaching pics!!

R513 I would otherwise agree with you, but I found the latest poto pics very hot. He looks both consumptive and hot. Never knew I was into the TB aesthetic.

R513 I wasn't calling you the weird Chen Uber. I was talking about the one at r506

by Anonymousreply 517May 24, 2019 5:47 PM

R516 Seimer iconic? LOL maybe for yuzu stans. If he repeats one program over and over again , people must think it is "iconic"

by Anonymousreply 518May 24, 2019 5:48 PM

r493 good riddance. bye Felicia, don't need your hysterial rants over an ice show. LOL

by Anonymousreply 519May 24, 2019 5:51 PM

R517 Oh thanks. I dislike being called Chen uber by some brainless people while I'm not. So let me block you before you have to block me.

by Anonymousreply 520May 24, 2019 5:52 PM

R518 This is daitroll, isn't it? I'm the few that haven't filtered you out. I'm very honored you picked me out.

Btw, of course "Seimer" isn't iconic. Seimei is iconic. *winks* *blows kisses*

by Anonymousreply 521May 24, 2019 5:52 PM

Sorry, meant to reference you, r514. I wasn't calling you the Chen uber.

by Anonymousreply 522May 24, 2019 5:55 PM

Nobody's said much about Javi's extravaganza. Why is that woman singing a dirge? Why does Javi look like he's 45? Are suspenders usually associated with flamenco?

by Anonymousreply 523May 24, 2019 5:57 PM

R520 oh please, anyone looking at your history of comments can tell you are a Chen Uber. You've talked about wanting to marry him for goodness' sakes. Hopes he knows he has a crazy stalker.

by Anonymousreply 524May 24, 2019 6:00 PM

R523 Javier has successfully completed his transformation into a 45 year old dad. Congrats!

by Anonymousreply 525May 24, 2019 6:01 PM

R516 I mentioned I love Origin even if he was not able to fully develop it, so it's not that I wish or think he should stick to one genre. There is plenty of darker, more intense music he could go for. But POTO, really. His previous one was already bad why try again. Also and this is my personal opinion but Yuzu is a skater who does subtle very well but over the top very badly. And that's why POTO and gimmicks heavy programs aren't for him and I don't mean gimmicks as in things like trademark moves but talking about dance. As for the costume, he should at least drop the black velvet pants which don't fit with the top and go for leather.

by Anonymousreply 526May 24, 2019 6:01 PM

Please give it a break, you are hurting my feelings

by Anonymousreply 527May 24, 2019 6:05 PM

Yuzu looks hot. I love the POTO 2.0. Yuzu's POTO costume looks hot. The intensity of Yuzu's pictures look hot.

I think I put Yuzu and "hot" in more than a couple sentences. Not saying I want him as a boyfriend, but geez is he fun to look at.

by Anonymousreply 528May 24, 2019 6:05 PM

R526 don't stress yourself out over one Faoi show. Did we ever see Dory again? No and good riddance so it's likely we'll never see goth POTO again.

by Anonymousreply 529May 24, 2019 6:05 PM

Chopin and Seimei are cunts!!

by Anonymousreply 530May 24, 2019 6:07 PM

Maybe Med choreographed it for him?

And I say that with love, but it does remind me a bit of her "intensity." Still, I like it fine. I'm not all that picky - he's just hot. (yeah I know some of you don't think so but you need to take another look at that body, esp the lower half)

by Anonymousreply 531May 24, 2019 6:08 PM

Didn’t Hanyu retire already?

by Anonymousreply 532May 24, 2019 6:11 PM

R526 I wonder who choreographed this? Maybe he didn't like how POTO 1.0 ended. Unfinished. Bad legacy because of the COC crash. First time working with Shae and she just threw in anything in there. He actually has said he likes POTO very much, so this was probably a very conscious decision to please himself (as was his tribute programs that no one initially wanted). I'm glad he's doing what he wants instead of sticking to a mold. Also, he likes rock but maybe wants to keep that separate from his skating. I agree he does subtle well, but Hanyu also does over the top well too. That's how RJ 1.0 became memorable for me and propped him up for many for his dramatic war cry and intensity.

by Anonymousreply 533May 24, 2019 6:17 PM

R531 Lol didn't you know Med "took inspiration" from Hanyu's dramatic ass for her intensity?

by Anonymousreply 534May 24, 2019 6:18 PM

R532 and just for that, I'm going to bestow upon you the privilege of watching me skate until I'm 90, even if I have to do it in prosthetics.

-Yuzuru H., who just got whapped on the back of the head with a bunch of English textbooks by the Duolingo Owl.

by Anonymousreply 535May 24, 2019 6:21 PM

Someone upthread asked who choreographed Rika Kihira's short "Breakfast in Baghdad"- it looks like (from her thread at GS), it was Shae Lynn Bourne.

by Anonymousreply 536May 24, 2019 6:34 PM

r513 Backcounter 3A. Guess where my pants already are.

Somebody's throwing a fit over 20 seconds of a show program? DL never disappoints.

I saw a dramatic Ina Bauer, a dramatic hydroblade, a dramatic death drop, a dramatic sit twizzle, dramatic hand movement and face touching, a (very dramatic for me) 3A - what was Nathanesque about it? Looked pure Hanyu to me.

r536 Thanks a lot. That confirms my view that Bourne is amongst the best out there.

by Anonymousreply 537May 24, 2019 6:49 PM

Rika's programs sound great. Satoka's sound terrible. She's an exquisite skater, but from footage I've seem, not a good dancer.

by Anonymousreply 538May 24, 2019 6:53 PM

I didn't know Med invented intensity. It's as if glaring intense Hanyu's skating didn't exist before she finally became relevant internationally as a propped up senior skater.

Med has to revert to pantomiming, open mouths, and skating to 9/11 or Chopin-clinical death. If Brown wasn't doing Schindler's list, it's probably right up her alley and she'd be battling Satoko over it like last season's tango.

by Anonymousreply 539May 24, 2019 6:55 PM

Why isn't Misha Ge in Fantasy on Ice. This is travesty. He is drama, drama is Ge. I - I mean Misha could choreocoach POTO 10000x better.

by Anonymousreply 540May 24, 2019 6:59 PM

You guys weren't kidding about Javi looking like a 45 year old dad. A hot one but still.

by Anonymousreply 541May 24, 2019 7:08 PM

spanish men get old very easily

by Anonymousreply 542May 24, 2019 7:11 PM

R533 ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Since it's a mashup with an faoi artiste tune and has lyrics, I'm guessing it's either miyamoto or himself. It seems a tad OTT tho and from the 30 secs of Hanyu choreo we saw last year that he bossed Oda around with (I don't think I've seen a more dramatic 30-sec performance), it kinda has the same vibes....

For someone who incurs zero drama on his own off-ice, he sure can lay it thick when he's on it. I daresay most of his other more dramatic stuff are subdued compared to what I've seen of this new poto-masquerade mashup. And yet, the costume is the one of the least dramatic ones I've seen him wear. Whether or not the irony (or is that juxtaposition?) is deliberate is beyond me.

[Quotes]I saw a dramatic Ina Bauer, a dramatic hydroblade, a dramatic death drop, a dramatic sit twizzle, dramatic hand movement and face touching, a (very dramatic for me) 3A - what was Nathanesque about it? Looked pure Hanyu to me.

Phew. That's what I saw too but then thought maybe the fit-thrower saw more than I did and decided to leave room for doubt. If anything, I see all that drama, especially since he dialed it up quite a bit for this mashup program, as the anti-chen.

Methinks he still lacks finesse tho. Lots of emotion but the control in expressing them still somewhat wild and rough around the edges. And the last bit where he threw down the glove still comes off more as tantrummy to me then mature aggression. All in all, he doesn't need to tone the drama down but hopefully he'll be able to hone his expression of it some as the tour progresses.

by Anonymousreply 543May 24, 2019 7:17 PM

I swear the season didn't cause this much drama. I'm living for it but I don't think is warranted this time.

by Anonymousreply 544May 24, 2019 7:20 PM

JDC, are you at FAOI throwing your panties onto the ice?

by Anonymousreply 545May 24, 2019 7:32 PM

Every year I wonder if the designer in charge of the costumes for faoi is on drugs or just holds a grudge against humanity and takes mean joy in creating the most hideous pieces and forcing them onto people. Also interesting hand placement there Mr Fernandez and Mr Hanyu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546May 24, 2019 7:35 PM

R543 Buzz Lightyear Seimei at DOI 2015 didn't have bling and the intricate stitching until a later different version. If we saw the black Origin early it'd probably be black and very little gold bling too. This costume wil also evolve.

by Anonymousreply 547May 24, 2019 8:34 PM

R546 Those costumes may be questionable but those are two damn good looking men wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 548May 24, 2019 8:37 PM

R548 idk Javi is looking kind of weird. Yuzuru looks somewhat butch around the arms, unless it's an optical illusion caused by the fabric.

by Anonymousreply 549May 24, 2019 8:50 PM

Wow, I haven't been on here for a little over a day and the thread has certainly moved along since yesterday! So many tacky costumes, so much drama, so little time! And Hanyu being Hanyu dramatically reenacting the Phantom v2 as if his life depended on it. As much as I say I don't like POTO, I can't help but forgive it seeing how much he loves the damn music...he literally sings all the words while performing. While I don't see how his theatrically aggressive choreo has anything to do with Nathan, I do love that some of you were trying to make that connection because lord only knows I do enjoy me some drama and reaches. So thank you DLers, you always deliver on that front and thanks for all the updates everyone!

R533 Yeah, JDC mentioned upthread that "Hanyu did say in the past he wanted to do POTO again since it was never fully realized due to his injury". So I guess he felt enough time had lapsed since its first incarnation to bring it back to life.

by Anonymousreply 550May 24, 2019 8:57 PM

[Quote] Yeah, JDC mentioned upthread that "Hanyu did say in the past he wanted to do POTO again since it was never fully realized due to his injury". So I guess he felt enough time had lapsed since its first incarnation to bring it back to life

One can only hope that he feels the same way about LGC. I'd also add Origin but we don't know if he's not repeating it next season.

by Anonymousreply 551May 24, 2019 9:02 PM

slam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552May 24, 2019 9:55 PM

This... This is it. This is why Fanyus are obsessed. He’s a living, breathing anime character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553May 24, 2019 11:13 PM

Those black costumes they had for the final actually look semi decent here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554May 24, 2019 11:14 PM

Bibs and boob skirts. It’s the norm at FaOI. The Japanese fans love it!!

by Anonymousreply 555May 24, 2019 11:19 PM

I think the glove is supposed to represent the mask.

by Anonymousreply 556May 24, 2019 11:40 PM

It's tradition to mock FaOI's inexplicable, cracked out costumes. It'd be no fun if they were any good.

That being said I unironically loved these gold jackets with different colored shirts from 2017. A perfect ice show design. Weep for my taste if you want.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557May 24, 2019 11:40 PM

At least Hanyu knows to sexy up a 32 yo Anna instead of inappropriately commenting on teenagers. *wink**wink*

by Anonymousreply 558May 25, 2019 12:01 AM

Finnish National Team for 2019-20:

Ceder Linnea

Galay Roman

Karhunen Laura

Lindfors Viveca

Lisko Olivia

Peltonen Emmi

Saarinen Jenni

Stolt Vera

Sula Sofia

Virtanen Valtter

by Anonymousreply 559May 25, 2019 12:03 AM

R553 I think he was holding a laugh at the end there

by Anonymousreply 560May 25, 2019 12:10 AM

[quote] Those black costumes they had for the final actually look semi decent here

That singer Toshi could easily pass for Yuzuru's mother in that picture - if his mother went to Vegas and decide to doll herself up like the locals in an Elvis chapel.

by Anonymousreply 561May 25, 2019 12:18 AM

Makabe said that Hanyu only rehearses with the artist the day before, so POTO 2.0 is still in the very early stages. It's not that dramatic if you think of Toshi/XJapan back in the 80s and 90s.

Buttle, David Wilson, and Miyamoto are all there.

This has Hanyu dipping Cappellini:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562May 25, 2019 12:23 AM

R561 I will not stand idly by while you sully the reputation of my sweet Yumi thus. She is the wingèd morning light, the song of sparrows in flight. I beseech you, do not compare her to a cheap stunt musician; your words weigh heavy on my aching heart.

by Anonymousreply 563May 25, 2019 12:35 AM

It's time to "Old Yeller" Valtter Virtanen.

by Anonymousreply 564May 25, 2019 12:41 AM

Makuhari part deux is in less than 5 hours, I suggest starting “Yuzu’s Hanyu and other blah blah blah “ #32 soon. Just a suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 565May 25, 2019 12:47 AM

Made a new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566May 25, 2019 1:02 AM

R566 thank you!!!

by Anonymousreply 567May 25, 2019 1:03 AM

R557 No complaints here. That costume gave us one of the most delicious ass shots of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568May 25, 2019 1:46 AM

TSL Troll checking in after checking out “Off Season Chit Chat” with Fran, at the link. It’s 20 minutes long so I’ll try to be brief (I didn’t do time-stamping.) I did like it, though not as much as TSL. She covered her objections to the changes ISU made to the rules, to encourage sloppier jumps – and punish pops just as much as falls, which I didn’t know! Other details – and her minor rant about the insanity of it all. (no gossipy mention of Vincent Zhou and Tom Z’s tantrums about UR’s or the USFed possibly applying pressure – now ‘that’ is what would make a vlog zing for me, and I think Dave would have gone there for sure.)

She seems to be a Med fan (another black mark, for me) but she did reluctantly admit that she realized there really was a ‘tiff’ on social media over Zag's song choice – but she concludes: so what, they’re teens, Med’s a nice girl (yeah right) blah blah. But WORSE, she’s a Mariah fan and hopes Mariah has a better experience this year that she did in the last one. WTF? Maybe if she’d stop slicing young teens’ calves, she might have a better season… but in any case, Dave is on Mariah’s side too, so a pox on both their houses – anyway, she discussed Mariah using Work Bitch – oh I can’t remember her opinion – doesn’t think she has the toughness for it or something like that – too sweet? (What?!?!) I may be misremembering but my shackles were raised and I’m too lazy and pissed to go back and check what she said.

But good on her I guess for covering some negative and/or juicy subjects that these vlogs often avoid. Oh – she thinks the Perfume/Murder choice is inappropriate for – well whichever Russian girl – and she thinks Danny G is a Twilight uber from the old days (like she was) and that explains another weird choice for one of his girls... But she's also pro Kihira so that's nice - and discusses her quad technique issues - her landings aren't soft enough? (but she concludes that just getting 'em done is pretty amazing).

She gave her top 10 moments of the year which included Hanyu’s clean short at Rostelecom – she says a clean performance from him is like a religious experience for her. Also Shoma at 4CC – he turned her into a fan when she wasn't before. I think one moment was the Russian fans applauding Med for her comeback at Natls (again she loves her). Javi winning Euros again. Oh I’ll stop there – but did this just in case anyone was interested. Says she'll likely do another vlog soon about Fantasy on Ice, so I'll check back to see where she comes down on Yuzu's "Masquerade"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569May 25, 2019 2:47 AM

[quote] This has Hanyu dipping Cappellini

Thank you JDC! Wow, Yuzuru really goes all in on that dip and faux "kiss" they choreographed into the opening lol. I know - the gentleman's not for turning. But it was cute how his eyes widened when it was time for the dip. Also when she sort of threw her head back (as you do), he mimicked her doing that, but to the side. I'm always intrigued at how animated and playfully interactive he is with people. He does sort of seem like he's from another planet sometimes.

Speaking of... today:

Massimiliano Ambesi @max_ambesi 10h10 hours ago

Today #YuzuruHanyu is back on the ice as the main star of the Fantasy On Ice Tour. During the first show he has well completed in a small ice-rink a 4T and an"old school" 3A. At the end he fell on 4Lz attempt. Body language seemed better than the World Championships #FaOI2019

by Anonymousreply 570May 25, 2019 3:42 AM

From Oda's twitter...Day 2 of FaOI and Hanyu looks like he's 15-years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571May 25, 2019 4:35 AM

I hope photos or video shows up of this:

Saturday: From someone at the rehearsal: After they took a commemorative photo, Yuzu and Stephane did a tango, with Stephane as the lady

by Anonymousreply 572May 25, 2019 6:16 AM

Just had an earthquake during Plushenko 's performance with Chiba as the epicenter. They've stopped the show for now. Hanyu just came out with a backpack? according to a fan. I hope he's not getting flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 573May 25, 2019 6:38 AM

Oh God that's horrible. Thanks for letting us know, JDC. If you're nearby, please take care!

by Anonymousreply 574May 25, 2019 6:47 AM

Apparently, Hanyu came out to make sure audience was OK and to talk to staff and check the monitor for news. I feel bad for the foreign cast who may not be used to earthquakes, although there was the Osaka one while they were in Kobe last year. This was a magnitude 5.0, a little bit weaker than Osaka and deeper, so not as bad.

They had a little birthday party for Wilson today, and I think it's Buttle or Lambiel who says "This is from the gays."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575May 25, 2019 7:10 AM

BlueFlame for YUZU @BlueFlame4YUZU

ToshI will be talking about a behind the scene story regarding Yuzu about the choreography of Masquerade during today's rehearsal in his nico nico live later at 5.30pm. You need to pay about ¥860(?) to access his channel though

by Anonymousreply 576May 25, 2019 7:41 AM

Hanyu and Toshi did a differnet program today. Hanyu was wearing what looked like a version of Haru yo Koi but without the chiffon.

Med is using SMS during the show. Someone commented on her IG about her accusing Zagitova of being a copycat. She replied that the comment caused the earthquake. Still not clear about the details since it was in Russian, but Japanese fans are upset she's been making light of the earthquake.

R574 Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 577May 25, 2019 8:42 AM

The program was Toshi's "Crystal Memories" and Hanyu was like an angel? They sang happy birthday to Wilson who choreographed that program.

by Anonymousreply 578May 25, 2019 8:46 AM

Costume white but maybe with pale blue or grey. Hanyu landed 4Lz, Lambiel did 4T.

Toshi says Hanyu had trouble deciding between "Hoshizora Neptune," " Crystal Memories, " and "Masquerade ." Especially with Hoshizora ( starry sky) since he's from Sendai. (Maybe they will do that tomorrow then?) Buttle choreographed "Masquerade" but glove throwing was Hanyu's idea. It does symbolize removing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 579May 25, 2019 9:01 AM

What happened to D.Wilson ? He looked like an old homeless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580May 25, 2019 9:18 AM

Toshi said he thought Hanyu was angry at him during rehearsal for Masquerade because of his intensity and glove throwing. Hanyu calls Toshi "Master."

Wilson also choreographed the show opening.

by Anonymousreply 581May 25, 2019 9:30 AM

The lutz, which was very high, was step out. Same with Fernandez's 4T. Lambiel (4T) was clean?

So the glove throwing is supposed to be like, "what the fuck, you bastard!" And represents Toshi removing his mask.

Jeff had a knee injury so Hanyu had to learn choreography via video.

Toshi was also praising and showing the catering menu.

by Anonymousreply 582May 25, 2019 9:46 AM

Lutz -3 and I am being geneous today

by Anonymousreply 583May 25, 2019 10:53 AM

Lol@DW's video taking skills. I thought it was dismal looking at them but didn't know how dismal until I saw these pictures captured by Capellini. Hanyu's all ready to be captured on video but as we know from the actual video, DW never got that far before he swivelled back to Buttle holding the cake. Then in the photos you see having to move up right next to DW in order to show up on camera which explains why he suddenly materialized from out of nowhere in the video. Before I made the connection, I thought the guy just wanted to be near the cake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584May 25, 2019 11:09 AM

He apparently did another 4Lz afterwards and had a wobbly landing but didn't step out or fall. He also brought back his layback spin, which looks better than when he tried it last year.

by Anonymousreply 585May 25, 2019 12:05 PM

Can't see the Crystal Memories costume because this is potato quality, but I'm sure there'll be photos circulating soon enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586May 25, 2019 12:17 PM

Where r all the photos? I read somewhere this is his 10th year on FaOI.

by Anonymousreply 587May 25, 2019 12:21 PM

yuzu and anna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588May 25, 2019 1:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589May 25, 2019 1:09 PM

R588 Haha. The way he throws his arms around her is so awkward and screams of inexperience. It's like he doesn't know the concept of holding someone in his arms, and it doesn't come naturally to him. Which is probably exactly the case. Points for trying tho. Maybe he'll get better in later shows, if they don't change the opening choreo. Though I have reasons to doubt it'd be by much.

by Anonymousreply 590May 25, 2019 1:31 PM

Hanyu puts all his sexuality into his skating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591May 25, 2019 1:43 PM

R590 dont be jealous, loser. No man nowadays hold women like that.

by Anonymousreply 592May 25, 2019 1:45 PM

And this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593May 25, 2019 1:46 PM

I think he looks fine. Most people who haven't studied ballroom dancing are awkward with partnered dances and how to get the 'hold' just right and dipping someone, etc. I've taken lessons and seen it myself - even people married to each other for 30 years are awkward as hell, trying to execute a dip without dropping their wives, or dancing at all without stepping on their toes.

by Anonymousreply 594May 25, 2019 1:56 PM

More importantly, is Papa Hanyu traveling with FaOI? Pretty soon Yuzu will be chaining Mama Hanyu to his skates and dragging her back to Canada and everyone will blame him again for cock blocking his parents.

by Anonymousreply 595May 25, 2019 2:41 PM

i dont think ive ever even seen yuzus dad before

by Anonymousreply 596May 25, 2019 2:57 PM

According to a person from PH who was at the second FaoI show, his costume was the most blinged out thing she's ever seen him wear. Which probably means it was on par with the Requiem costume. And that could maybe mean it's going to be his international exhibition costume, because would he put that much sparkles on something he'd just wear at a show?

by Anonymousreply 597May 25, 2019 3:01 PM

Repeating the link to the new thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598May 25, 2019 3:29 PM

I don't think this comment has been posted, from someone in the audience Saturday - and anyway, time to finish this thread off:

During the opening dance, he was really dramatic with the moves, waving that skinny waist back and forth...crowd went crazy. It was a dance 4 guys + 4 girls, Yuzuru's partner is Anna I think? He took her on many twirls and did that deep tango embrace with a head tilt...yep I died

by Anonymousreply 599May 25, 2019 3:30 PM

Another audience fan comment from Saturday:

Yuzu's 4T today is beautiful! The axis improved compared to yesterday 45degree angle with the ice In some other tweets he did high kick too. After jumping he checked the ice mark as well

by Anonymousreply 600May 25, 2019 3:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!