Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yuzuru Hanyu and other figure skating talk part 32

Let's continue discussing here.

by Anonymousreply 600June 5, 2019 10:44 AM

FIRST! judgyemtnal fukers. You whoreez lovae me, admitt it. I jutst piddled on and fondulled yur new thread. come at me purl clutchars (bbut don'at forgett to bring the absingthe and dwnpaymnt in ca$sh)

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2019 1:08 AM

The fishnet costume is at least funny, but the fake Rococo thing later was just terrible. I do like the new black-red costume.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2019 7:30 AM

R2 The new crystal costume apparently blows all other sparkly costumes out of the water. As someone said in the last thread, fanyus who saw it in person say it's the most blinged out thing they're ever seen. Glad to know Hanyu's love of all things glittery has not abated and he's turned it up to eleven.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2019 3:36 PM

Not that it wasn't common knowledge, but Yuzuru indeed spends all his money on earphones. Crazy prices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2019 3:40 PM

Looks like a Satomi Ito job, but like she didn't have a clear idea of where she was going with it. It probably looks fantastic in person when the lights hit it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2019 3:43 PM

Link to the previous thread (#31)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2019 3:51 PM

R4 I would think Yuzu buying $1000 earphones is similar to the rest of us schmucks paying $20. Yes, he’s rich beeeaaatchhh. I also think he probably gets many for free as gifts.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2019 4:08 PM

Was looking at the list of performers and appearances and it just came upon me that Hanyu and Oda are the only two Japanese male skaters in the show and Hanyu and Vasiljevs are the only two actively competing individual male skaters. If one were to include Lanotte, there are only 3 actively competing male skaters on the roster. And seeing as Vasiljevs doesn't appear until Kobe, Hanyu and Lanotte are the only ones for now. Whereas on the lady's side, there's a bunch of Japanese skaters (7/13) and together with the Russians, are comprised mainly of actively competing skaters (8/13), with most of them being big names. I know there's probably some kind of logic behind the selection but I can't quite put my finger on it...

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2019 5:16 PM

TSL 5/25 Part 1 - “New Music, New Rules, Rika, Satoko, H/D, 羽生結弦” - D: Hanyu’s skating POTO again because that is what we need! You know, I love the energy he gives but the music choices cd really be more inspired. He loves Phantom & God knows his fans support him so, J: There it is. D: I like the costume – I’ll say that, & he was giving full Hanyu performance energy!” J: If it takes that music to get you committed, then so be it. D: He was feeling full Phantom & the Japanese fans were behind it! D: Also Javi’s Flamenco (J: He’s at his finest being Spanish), his show is coming back next year; he’s doing a summer camp w/Tracy. Hanyu makes so much money he doesn’t have to do many shows, unlike Med working nonstop w/hip injury. 4 D: Your Mie Hamada girls: “I never thought I’d see Satoko w/Benoit.” SP is Egyptian disco; FS an unusual version of Schindler by Lori. WTH? but D hopes it keeps her relevant. Rika FS: she’s a spiritual goddess who unites all religions of the world (it’s so Tom D). 8 D/J think they’re pushing Rika in artistry…having her go to Shae Lynn will show a fun side. She can dance, like Eunsoo who released a dance video today. Mie's smart to branch her girls out/she’s similar to Eteri: girls def getting weighed a lot; small jumps; tough but better w/skating skills.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2019 5:27 PM

TSL 5/25 Part 2 – 12 ISU changes: if you mess up your spins in short, you get no credit. This may hit Med hard (is that why they did it?) ISU changes nonsensical, as ever. 14 D thinks Tom Z fussed about underrotation issue to appease Zhou’s mother. NEW PROGS: Wakaba’s Sia(?)/Birds-Set-Free sounds promising; Tursy, Danse Macabre, yawn, D: “such an unimportant skater to me.” 15 Conrad Orzel’s giving us Shawn Mendes: “both give off teen heartthrob vibes.” What’s this ballet thing w/Tomono? Sota Yamamoto’s East of Eden feels like a match. 16 Danelian doesn’t strike D as a “Gladiator” (J: He’s more lyrical which is why I like him, so he’ll prob be a headcase”) Aliev wiped his IG data/took down some pix – fresh start? Torgashev’s doing his own choreo to warhorses/worrying. 18 H/D to skip Senior B in Sept. = good move. 23 Star Is Born suits them bec she likes to be dominant (J: They need to do a Christopher Dean thing where she lifts him) 25 D “Starr Andrews is giving us Aguilera which is so ‘on the nose’” 26 D&J doing Patreon: Olys 88 & 92 D “We’re getting more commissions!, like ‘88 Battle of the Brians & ‘95 ladies +more. END

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2019 5:28 PM

[quote] H/D to skip Senior B in Sept. = good move

so we have to wait for October/November to tell them their new programs are shitty?

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2019 5:30 PM

LOL They talked more than 5 minutes about H/D but I skipped recapping - I don't even know who they are - well, except for that time Zach put his hand on Yuzuru's crotch (or pretty damned near). That was, uh, interesting. (which to me, Ice Dance is not) Yuzu likes it though - or maybe he just likes to watch Cizeron.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2019 5:32 PM

Hanyu isn't even skating to Phantom of the Opera.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2019 5:42 PM

R5 Oh the bling bling costume actually looks nice from this angle. Kind of princely. Much better than that pink fairy costume.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2019 5:46 PM

[quote] Hanyu isn't even skating to Phantom of the Opera.

Good point - I didn't think about that as they talked. We've seen more than they had - Dave said he hadn't seen any footage of Yuzuru's jumps (and wanted to - wishes he could have seen it "on tv" - I guess he meant streaming? or maybe he has a VPN and gets Japanese tv. Anyway, at least he talked about Hanyu dammit. I'm still not over the time he put Yuzu's name in the title (maybe even his picture) and then said one sentence about him at the very end of 90 minutes. If you're gonna use him as click bait, TALK ABOUT HIM DAMMIT, even if it's bullshit like this time. But he tends to be complimentary (after not so much in the past - I think he's been slammed often enough by fans to have learned his lesson -he does get after the fanbase though which he thinks is over the top)

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2019 5:58 PM

Closer shot of the costume and Yuzu singing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2019 6:00 PM

Ohhh I wonder if Dave put Hanyu's name in Japanese to get those hordes of Japanese fans he kept referencing to click on his youtube? I'll shutuppaboutit now. BTW, I should apologize to "Fran" - she had juicier gossip - covering the Med/Zag Instagram war and Mariahgate etc.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2019 6:01 PM

Spreadsheets with skaters' new programs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2019 7:39 PM

R18

"Mariah Bell, USA, Work Bitch by Britney Spears, Adam Rippon"

Good lord. It's like a nightmare.

Can't wait for that Robin Williams medley from Dr. Valtter. I honestly need to see/hear it.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2019 7:56 PM

LMAO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2019 8:04 PM

R5 Having seen more pictures and video, it looks like Otonal's ugly younger sibling. It has no shape and that regular 't-shirt' like collar doesn't go with the whole thing. No need for a deep v-cut but since he always has his necklaces on, they either need to make the neckline higher or lower. And highlight the damn waist. Seriously. That should be the focal point for all his costumes but many of them hide his natural lines and that's a crime.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2019 8:19 PM

R18, first of all, you late. Plus, according to Jackie Wong (who I trust more than anyone else) it's actually "Mariah Bell - SP: Britney Spears mix, incl. Work, Bitch (choreo Adam Rippon)".

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2019 8:24 PM

R21 Gotta agree with you. The new POTO top looks better on him than this.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2019 8:42 PM

R19 Nice type there (it's of course Robbie, not Robin)

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2019 9:28 PM

Grassl is skating to the soundtrack of "A Single Man". Is he playing Nicholas Hoult's character? ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2019 9:33 PM

Translation of the interview in the FaOI program where Hanyu talks about earphones

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2019 10:11 PM

Tatjana Flade drama:

Flade still hasn’t said a word about the cancellation of the “Ice Interview” book signing at Sendai, which was supposed to take place in less than a week. (“Ice Interview” is a book by Flade covering her interviews with Hanyu from 2011-2019. Hanyu fans have been suspicious of Flade since her reporting of the Boston incident.) It’s been a mess from the start with varying book prices, shady attempts to lure Hanyu fans, questions about the rights of the content in the book, as well as the legality of its sales in Japan.

Before the mens competition at Worlds, Flade attempted to get Hanyu to sign a photo with “Thank You” in various languages which she quickly reprinted as postcards and sold at her book signing at the venue for 600 yen. Although the postcards could be purchased alone at first, they later had to be purchased with Flade’s book. The book, originally priced at 4200 yen, also included free Hanyu clear files, which were no longer free later into the event and sold with the book as a 6000+ yen “set.” Flade’s booth was the only booth at worlds that didn’t allow photos and was later shut down. Flade claims it was because there were too many people who were blocking the other booths. Fans believe it was because Flade didn’t have permission to sell the postcards and clear files.

After Worlds, the books were then to be sold by Japanese online store Magazine Mart together with the clear files and postcard for 7020 yen. After complaints from fans, Magazine Mart conducted a survey and looked into the legality of the book’s sales, which led to the cancellation of the book on Magazine Mart on April 13th, as the online bookstore was unable to establish whether or not Flade had obtained the appropriate rights in Japan.

On April 23rd, someone involved in “Ice Interview” commented on FaOI’s official twitter account, asking if the book could be sold at the show. They had 44 boxes of books left that were too expensive to ship back to Europe, so they wanted to sell the remaining stock in Japan. (The comment has since been deleted.) It’s unclear whether or not FaOI responded, but Flade’s team ended up renting out space in Sendai International Center for a book signing during FaOI Sendai, which they announced on May 10th.

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2019 11:28 PM

Since Magazine Mart had cancelled the book’s sales, fans asked the official “Ice Interview” twitter if the issue with the book’s rights had been resolved. Staff responded with a link to a lengthy page on the book’s official website answering various questions about the book’s sales. They claimed they purchased the rights to the book’s photos from a dealer who had permission from the ISU and provided a registration number. (After a fan pointed out the registration number was a Canadian GST number, staff apologized and claimed they were consulting with a lawyer about the rights in Japan.) The photos used for the postcard and clear files were Flade’s own, and Hanyu signed one of the photos for her. (They did not say if permission was granted from Hanyu to reprint and sell his signature, nor if it was legal for Flade to sell the postcards and clear files.) A lawyer in Korea, where the book was published, assured them that the book was legal. (They did not say anything about the book’s status in Japan). Finally, they said the book would be sold for 4200 yen and include one free clear file, and warned that rumors and false information would not be overlooked.

A couple of days ago, a fan discovered that the Sendai book signing had been canceled according to a short message on the “Ice Interview” website, which is also no longer being updated. Unfortunately, most people are unaware of the cancellation because no email or official tweet was sent out.

I don’t think that’s everything, but those were there main issues with Flade’s book.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2019 11:29 PM

Poor Yuzu! Losers creeping out from Japan's underbelly to use him for their greedy nefarious purposes. I'm glad he's a family business that keeps his best interests at heart.

No wonder he's so wary.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2019 12:06 AM

Thanks for the extensive report. I'm curious, though. What did Flade report at Boston World's that made people suspicious of her?

by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2019 12:24 AM

R28 That's too bad. Hanyu was always affectionate with Flade. Guess she was just another person trying to get close to take advantage.

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2019 12:26 AM

It might be a quirk of the costume or camera angle but he looks like he's broadening out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2019 1:02 AM

Flade is an opportunistic bitch. She wasted Hanyu's time by asking him for his autograph in different languages, likely at a competition when he's got a million things to do, only to turn around and try to profit off her access to him? I still remember how she tried to insert herself in the Olympic green room right after he won, to get some sort of interview with him as he was trying to celebrate with his coaches and team. He's been incredibly gracious to her, even though I'm sure he knows what's up.

R30 you can look up the blog post she wrote (and then then had to rewrite several times because she was wrong) regarding the Ten/Hanyu incident. I'll leave it up to JDC to explain because it pisses me off just to think about it.

by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2019 1:44 AM

That does sound slimy to get a skater to sign stuff then try to make money off of it for yourself. Does Tanya have a real paid job?

The Work Bitch music sounds so much like an Adam Rippon program song. I can't imagine Mariah trying to pull that off. How's Romain Ponsart doing-- still planning to compete?

Dang, those men's outfits at FaOI with the frilly black or white pieces look terrible. I'm surprised the skaters wore them without protesting or laughing at how silly they looked.

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2019 3:57 AM

Anything from Makuhari day#3?

by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2019 4:48 AM

R35 I think it’s not over yet.

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2019 5:28 AM

Deniss, are you paying attention? You may need to get to Japan asap to hang on to your sugar daddy. All this has been reported:

1 Yuzu and Stephane did a tango, with Stephane as the lady

2 Yuzu and Stephane were playing on the ice on all fours! Johnny saw them and said ‘Yuzu-kun is a polar bear aren’t you’, he looked up at Johnny like ‘hm? hm?’ with super round eyes and he shuffled up to him on his knees

3 Apparently Yuzu, Stephane and Johnny were doing this Lady Gaga pose: it was 'cute and sexy'

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2019 7:19 AM

A Twitter thread about Day 3 - he did Masquerade - nearly dropped Anna - fell on his 4Lz (popped another one into a single)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2019 7:33 AM

Oh and somebody lifted Yuzuru during the finale!

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2019 7:34 AM

R37 Is polar bear the new term for big asd bottom? Glad to see that Yuzu is having fun with the gays. I also laughed at him almost dropping Anna in the intro today. That's what forced heterosexuality does to people.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2019 7:54 AM

Ensemble lifted Hanyu out and he was wearing a mask.

Zagitova (shyly) came out after Hanyu was finished closing the show and waited at the exit. Hanyu went to her and they took a photo together. Then they took a photo with Plushenko. Hanyu then went out again thank you to the fans a second time and urged Zagitova to come out as well.

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2019 7:56 AM

He made Zagitova jump.

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2019 8:01 AM

I desperately want to watch Yuzu and Stephanie dancing tango!

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2019 8:05 AM

R41 Nice. Med must be seething mad.

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2019 8:21 AM

R43 I desperately want to see them both on all fours if you get what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2019 8:22 AM

Yuzu with the guy that lifted him today. I am starting to see a pattern here. Tall, beefy and preferably blond it seems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2019 8:26 AM

Why is it that when Alina does this, I find it adorable but when it's Med, I get creeped out. Anyway, Alina sweetie you go girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2019 8:34 AM

R47 That's because she waited until he was finished with the musical guests, and was likely told what to do to make up for last year.

When Hanyu was high-five ing the skaters, Zagitova tried to pass him to go backstage to get her phone, but he spun around and made sure she high-fived him.

Hanyu also tried to open up Toshi's jacket so everyone could see the blinged-out rocker Pooh t-shirt he was wearing.

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2019 8:53 AM

I'm sorry but when I see parts of Med Ex during the shows, I can't help to think she really needs to go back to training asap.

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2019 9:03 AM

they’re cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2019 9:51 AM

What the hell did he do to his hand? A bdsm scene gone wrong? Some people are saying it looks like a burn but I had a big ass one on my wrist one or 2 years ago and it looks a bit different (there would be some blisters for instance).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2019 10:01 AM

R51 Looks like an allergic reaction to a bite from some insect (a bee?)

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2019 11:25 AM

meds must be jealous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2019 11:25 AM

R47 all GOLD medalists. R44 “seething” is probably understatement.

by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2019 11:38 AM

Ayayai. Med, step up your game!

by Anonymousreply 55May 26, 2019 12:18 PM

Yuzu and his 2 daddies. Is it possible to give him a shirt that fits though. No wonder his shoulders looked extra large on some pictures, the sleeves are too big (the whole shirt is too big for him) and because of the shoulder pads it looks like some 80s female jackets on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2019 12:21 PM

R55 No, please don't encourage her.

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2019 12:51 PM

R56 whaa. Whhhh whhhat did you say? I was too busy focusing on his mouth

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2019 1:35 PM

Someone translated comments on Med's IG and her response to them. Apparently, still bittersauce about the OGM and Eteri.

Comment: "Today I watched Zhenya's free from Olys again. She is definitely an Olympic Champion for me. Haters talk about how come Zhenya could have left the coach who had been training her for 11 years. But I can't get how come the coach, who had been training the athlete for 11 years, could have betrayed her so despicably? You can only admire Zhenya for endurance, composure, natural intelligence, deep personality and lots of talents" Zhenya: "Case closed"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2019 3:58 PM

R59 Med fans always forget that Med was the real favorite and that she shared a coach with Zags. Calling it betrayal when it is Med and her fans entitlement to being overscored it went to their heads. Losers trying to rewrite history. Before Med threw a fit, Zag was the Cinderella story. The ugly stepsister should know when to quit.

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2019 4:16 PM

She still thinks he deserved that gold huh. Even after moving to TCC and allegedly realizing how shitty her skating is

by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2019 4:17 PM

She* deserved

by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2019 4:21 PM

R61 She may have realized her skating is shitty, but didn't she say she's only shitty compared to Hanyu or Jason? She still thinks she's better than Zags.

by Anonymousreply 63May 26, 2019 4:30 PM

Twitter comment when you click on R38's link:

"yuzu-kun came out wearing the red & black costume and the light hit his face; it was ridiculously the most beautiful face. no matter how many times we saw him, we'll still get taken aback by his beauty."

Those fans are so lucky to be able to see such a beauty in person.

As for Yuzu and Zag, no doubt in my mind that he's sending Med a message. Good for him!

by Anonymousreply 64May 26, 2019 4:41 PM

Or Zag is doing it to get back at Med for her stupid drama with the song.

by Anonymousreply 65May 26, 2019 4:46 PM

R64 aside from avoiding scandals, I don’t think Hanyu had any special consideration for med.

by Anonymousreply 66May 26, 2019 4:51 PM

R64 how is he sending Med a message? Zags was the one who approached him for the pic. I feel bad for Zags. She has been pulled into Med's year-long tantrum over not getting the gold, when she's had to deal with her own issues and the ups and downs of last season. Hope she comes out of all this in one piece.

by Anonymousreply 67May 26, 2019 4:55 PM

Plushenko urged Zagitova on. The official photographer was also waiting and took photos of them together which he didn't do last year with Medvedeva and Ge. Zagitova knew when and what to do. It sounded planned out to some extent. She was supposed to be in the show last year with the other gold medalists and taking photos together, and fans had been bombarding the show with complaints about Med being invited again.

They also had Zagitova next to Hanyu holding his hand for the finale/final bow everyday. Hanyu was giving her extra consideration and had her come out a second time and do something for the audience. Makabe confirmed Med was the reason why she wasn't there last year, so everyone (including Hanyu who probably knew from the beginning) knows for sure why Zagitova was the only OGM left out last year.

And Med has been responding to comments on her IG during the show, including that one about liking comments about Zagitova copying her, with Zagitova right there, and using the earthquake as a joke which Hanyu might not appreciate. He does pay close attention to (Japanese) SNS and probably very aware of what's going on between her and Med. He was in a similar position himself around her age. He also throws shade. The whole song-stealing drama also became news in Japan and Zagitova's driving without a license even used on several news programs on NTV likely to take heat off Merenge.

by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2019 5:23 PM

R68 This sounds awfully unfair to Zag. No surprise Hanyu simpathises with her. I'm glad she can fully enjoy it now.

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2019 5:31 PM

R68 Chill out men, take it easy

by Anonymousreply 70May 26, 2019 5:31 PM

About Flade and Boston:

Flade published a rather inflammatory article full of errors about the Hanyu-Ten incident at Boston Worlds 2016 almost two weeks after it had been settled. The original article is no longer on her website, so I’ve linked to the original below.

Flade described the incident as a single instance when Ten interfered with Hanyu multiple times over two days and had been asked to be more careful. Flade wasn’t even present for the one instance she described (the closed session), despite claiming there was ample room around Ten and Hanyu was at fault. Then she said Hanyu accused Ten of trying to physically hurt him, which wasn’t true. Flade also insinuated that Fuji TV was holding footage of the closed session, but wouldn’t release it because it would contradict Hanyu and the Japanese media was being one-sided. However, Hanyu also received criticism from Japan and Flade said nothing about the way the Kazakhstani media vilified Hanyu. (She can’t read Japanese but can read Russian, which may account for some of her confusion and bias about what had happened and what was actually said.)

On her twitter, Flade ignored comments from fans pointing out her errors while thanking comments from Ten fans. She did revise her article, but still implied the problem was fans who didn’t understand English. It was English-speaking fans who pointed out her errors.

In the past, Flade would always describe Hanyu as the “4CC silver medalist,” even if she didn’t mention his GPF titles. In the Boston article, she described Hanyu as “Japan’s superstar,” but introduced Ten as an Olympic medalist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 26, 2019 5:42 PM

And if you haven't seen it already, this clip has longer footage of Crystal Memories, as well as Zagitova's ex and Kihira’s SP. You can also see the swollen hand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 26, 2019 5:45 PM

It's so funny that Med keeps fucking up with the Japanese fans.

by Anonymousreply 73May 26, 2019 5:45 PM

r68 How does Hanyu throw shade? I crave to know.

r71 So she first alienated the Hanyu fans, then tried to profit off them but looks like they're the ones who tattled about the suspicious legality of her book. Karma's a bitch.

r73 I'm her champion but seriously, you'd think she'd know better, being a Japanophile of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 74May 26, 2019 5:52 PM

R68 I don't think he would care about such a boring drama.

by Anonymousreply 75May 26, 2019 6:02 PM

R74 nah she just likes anime

by Anonymousreply 76May 26, 2019 6:09 PM

R71 Thank you! My curiosity is now sated. I suppose Hanyu must be a pretty forgiving guy then because there's a footage of him going out of his way to give her a hug backstage (where she could be seen lurking around with the rest of the media) during WC 17 after he gave a victory interview.

R75 Guy has intelligence up the wazoo, that much is certain. And whether or not the drama being gossiped about here and elsewhere holds water, one thing is for sure, there has to be drama within the FS world. And a lot of it, too. You don't even have to be the curious sort to know Zagitova had gone through a lot of shit last season and regardless of whatever drama may be going on between peers, Hanyu, not being a stranger to more or less the same sort of shit in the past (and apparently still going on at present, although now it's somehow buffered by the overwhelming support he's getting) and being the bleeding heart he seems to be, it doesn't seem a stretch to assume he at least sympathizes with Zagitova, who has thus far done nothing but kept her head down and nose to the grind, much like he did.

by Anonymousreply 77May 26, 2019 7:31 PM

(While also living her best life as the Shiseido ambassador and proud chaperone of one Princess Masaru, if course)

by Anonymousreply 78May 26, 2019 7:35 PM

Oh and by intelligence, I meant the commodity sort. You know, the I in CIA? Of course, the dude has more than enough brains to spare all of ISU, as well.

by Anonymousreply 79May 26, 2019 7:38 PM

R77 Zag certainly has been very smart keeping herself out of things and shutting down nonsense quickly. I like her strictly bussiness attitude.

by Anonymousreply 80May 26, 2019 7:51 PM

r80 I'm not a fan of her skating but she totally got me behind her with her disgusted reaction to the Hanyu impostor. That was a classic.

by Anonymousreply 81May 26, 2019 7:57 PM

R81 As do I. I really don't have anything to say about her skating, but the way she shuts people down when they ask inane questions like whether she has something going on with Hanyu makes me respect her. She just takes care of her dog, keeps to herself and works hard. Med should take note. What's the deal about Zags driving without a licence though (sorry if it's already been brought up, it's the first I've heard of it)?

by Anonymousreply 82May 26, 2019 9:01 PM

Oops, R82 was for R80. But y'all get the point.

by Anonymousreply 83May 26, 2019 9:03 PM

faoi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 26, 2019 9:08 PM

R82 She published a video of herself driving and then news came out she was being fined. There's more in the article below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 26, 2019 9:33 PM

R85 Thanks for the link, to Crime Russia no less!

In very important news, Hanyu's Masquerade/POTO costume apparently has had additional stones added to it. There was no way he'd be satisfied with anything less than a store's worth of rhinestones/crystals per costume.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 26, 2019 9:53 PM

Pikapiiika!

by Anonymousreply 87May 26, 2019 10:18 PM

I think Zag deleted her photos with Yuzu and Plushy on her IG . Did some haters made a vile comment?

by Anonymousreply 88May 26, 2019 10:44 PM

R88 Who knows? Maybe she put it up long enough for it to be copied and reposted somewhere else and took it down before people who are for whatever reason bothered by it start to throw dung at her for it. If that's what she did, she's a smart cookie.

by Anonymousreply 89May 26, 2019 10:53 PM

Well, this tumblr user has some receipts of an user who's been spamming Alina with hate on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 26, 2019 10:57 PM

R88 she posted it, deleted it, and then reposted. It's on her IG now. The petty FAOI drama, lol.

by Anonymousreply 91May 26, 2019 11:02 PM

Our fav choreocoach/coachographer, Misha Ge, suddenly posting about having had to cancel lots of ice shows/tours this year, and probably we will never see him do an ice show again. So sad. I weep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 26, 2019 11:21 PM

R88 She reuploaded it. Someone said she had posted only photos at first, then deleted the post to attach a short vid. The video was supposed to be a IG story. Maybe she decided to upload it as a post so that it won't be removed after 24h like stories.

R92 You will be missed, Misha.

by Anonymousreply 93May 26, 2019 11:45 PM

Lmao at this comment under his post: " Everyone loves you - you are why people love figure skating"

by Anonymousreply 94May 27, 2019 12:04 AM

Is David Wilson transitioning or is this the 50 layers of filters Miki uses to make her Insta face look magical as her vagina?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 27, 2019 12:13 AM

Is there any news on what’s up with Hanyu’s bruised hand? We talk about bracelets and Dai peeing on himself and Med/Ge drama til someone gets called a daitroll, but Hanyu could lose a hand and no one cares!?!

by Anonymousreply 96May 27, 2019 12:13 AM

R96 would losing a pinky or an entire hand make Hanyu's ass any less delicious? No? That's why no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 97May 27, 2019 12:18 AM

R96 I've trawled through the PH forums, but not even the frauiest fanyu fraus knows what has happened to his hand.

R97 That, too.

by Anonymousreply 98May 27, 2019 12:24 AM

R96 Like the stye on his eye last year, I'm sure fans will follow its healing process intently and with many dedicated works of fan art.

I first wondered if it was the red material of his glove running and staining his hand. He wears a red glove on that hand and a white one on the other hand for Masquerade.

by Anonymousreply 99May 27, 2019 12:26 AM

Someone check to see whether Javi is walking funny.

by Anonymousreply 100May 27, 2019 12:29 AM

R99 yeah I was thinking nothing happened to his hand and it's maybe something like what you said or an odd shadow

by Anonymousreply 101May 27, 2019 12:29 AM

R90 Iron Klaus is following that acc. Lolll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 27, 2019 12:39 AM

No surprised at all. Not the first time I see her following some problematic accounts.

by Anonymousreply 103May 27, 2019 12:42 AM

R97 may I remind you that the perfect visuals of his ass sometimes requires that he has 2 hands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 27, 2019 12:45 AM

R104 Damn that photo is so good. Truly iconic

by Anonymousreply 105May 27, 2019 12:55 AM

R104 alright, touche.

by Anonymousreply 106May 27, 2019 1:00 AM

A few people are rabbitting the FAOI broadcast tomorrow. There's one on PH which you can find easily under the FAOI Makuhari broadcast tab. This person will also be rabbitting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 27, 2019 1:08 AM

Snippets from Crystal Memories

That 1A-Russian Split-twirl-on-ice combo is really cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 27, 2019 8:53 AM

Tatjana Flade is the nicest person in the figure skating world by far, and one of the nicest people in the history of humanity. For the crazy Hanyu fans to go after Flade is a new low, but what else is new. I mean, those are the people who probably also kick kittens. At least the kittens who ever had a misfortune to interact with Hanyu.

by Anonymousreply 109May 27, 2019 12:42 PM

Is it just the same 3 or 4 psychotic loons who post on these threads now?

by Anonymousreply 110May 27, 2019 12:55 PM

R109 Okay, Tatjana. Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 111May 27, 2019 2:25 PM

R109 Tatjana, you forgot to post that tribute to yourself in Russian and German as well.

R110 you mean, kinda like the Dai fan fests you're always posting in? Please, go back to stiffing counter staff on their tips. Can't believe you started a whole thread just to complain about that shit.

by Anonymousreply 112May 27, 2019 2:30 PM

Watch and enjoy ...before it gets taken down

The mature hotness of Hanyu (with 2 hands)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 27, 2019 2:39 PM

Second EX -- "Crystal memories" by Hanyu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 27, 2019 2:56 PM

R113 Thank you. I can't believe how fast he was.

I don't really like Rika's new SP. It was different but she was oddly lethargic. Maybe a work in progress and she will grow into it.

by Anonymousreply 115May 27, 2019 3:06 PM

I can't comprehend that someone as sensitive to sound and music as Yuzu can have such shit taste when it comes to songs he likes. About the perfs, the only element I liked is the Y spiral he did in Crystal memories but apart from that these are forgettable programs with very little going on. Especially Mascarade. How many times can he put his hand as a mask in front of his face before it looks completely ridiculous. If Jeff really did the choreo for that one, he needs to take some holiday. Hopefully what we get for the next faoi stop will be more elaborated and less gimmicky.

by Anonymousreply 116May 27, 2019 3:24 PM

Here's the opening (not the one where Yuzu nearly drops Anna)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 27, 2019 3:37 PM

Oh look a snake is back and still looking like it's going to snake him at the next occasion. I'm sure his ankle was screaming fuck you at him afterwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 27, 2019 3:38 PM

And apparently we got day 2 ending meaning no lift because we can't have good things and only het interaction is allowed. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 119May 27, 2019 3:42 PM

Are r116 and the hissy-fit thrower from the previous thread one and the same? Sorry if you aren't cos your tone and manner sound the same...

I didn't expect to be blown away Dr the first because these are FaoI programs and so far, I have yet to be blown away when programs are made using songs skaters can only pick from the small selection of invited artistes. Haruyo Koi was unique because it was Hanyu's own selection that he made which he then asked one of the selected artistes, who happened to be a pianist, to rearrange and render on the piano. Good use of a loophole there.

I don't completely buy either of this year's EXes myself either cos of the music. ToshI's a wonderful vocalist though, even when performing live, I have to give him that. Which is more than I can say for some past performers. If he were allowed to use X-Japan's music and not just ToshI's as a solo artiste, Endless Rain would have been a really good fit for Hanyu, I feel.

I'll concede that Masquerade's concept, from choreo to costume, is very cool but I had to chuckle at some bits here and there. It could do with a bit more subtlety. But I guess we can only wait and see how it progresses from here.

by Anonymousreply 120May 27, 2019 3:47 PM

R120 If you mean the POTO hater, yes that's mean. I just find this very underwhelming and repetitive. Haru yo koi's even in its first iteration had some many little unique touches that made him memorable. I hope he blows us away in the next part of the show and that both these exs are dropped. Toshi has a good voice indeed which is more than can be said about past artists in previous faoi shows but the songs themselves are incredibly cheesy and not in the good sport anime kind of cheesy but in the old fashioned jpop that sounds outdated kind of way. I guess I'm very peculiar when it comes to music. I would probably fight with Yuzu a lot on what defines good music. So for me it's very difficult to enjoy a performance if I hate the music. Only exception I can think of is Parisian walkways which I dislike but Yuzu's best performances of it are fs gold standards and I can easily rewatch them.

by Anonymousreply 121May 27, 2019 3:56 PM

R121 I meant that's me but autocorrect believes I'm mean which fair enough.

by Anonymousreply 122May 27, 2019 3:58 PM

The camera never stays still for long but I try to study the audiences and only rarely spot a man. And not many children. I wonder what percentage of the audience is female - and also what percent is over 30.

by Anonymousreply 123May 27, 2019 4:09 PM

Judges can only see artistry when it's thrown at their faces (example: Med and Alina). Subtly like Hope and Legacy and Satoko Miyahara is lost on them. Maybe this dramatic in your face POTO will finally convince them that Chen and Hanyu's PCS shouldn't actually be so closely grouped together.

by Anonymousreply 124May 27, 2019 4:11 PM

R120 For as long as ToshI is performing, I think it'll be these two. He's said there's one more he likes but I'm not sure if he ultimately got a choreo done for that. I do really like the concept of Masquerade, if not the song itself, so I'd be more than cool with it if, together with more finesse and subtlety, he keeps the concept and costume and alter it to fit a hard rock arrangement of POTO. The opening and closing riffs were really promising.

I never thought I'd think this about a POTO program but I'm completely on board if he goes this route. Because eventho it's a warhorse, it'd at least be a highly original take on it.

R123 I'd say an overwhelming one. For both.

by Anonymousreply 125May 27, 2019 4:11 PM

R124 We have already established that judges are garbage and short of removing all of them and getting a while new generation of judges properly trained not much can be done. I just wish that at this point in his career, Yuzu would care less about winning making whatever they believe is good male figure skating completely irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 126May 27, 2019 4:16 PM

R126 I think it's quite clear he wants to do both, if his body permits. And the day he decides he can't care less about winning anymore, is the day he'll decide to retire. It's either that, or his body telling him it's had enough. Not sure which will make it to the finish line first.

by Anonymousreply 127May 27, 2019 4:20 PM

R121

[quote]I hope he blows us away in the next part of the show and that both these exs are dropped.

Certainly everyone has a right to their opinion. But the “us” must refer to you and a very tiny minority of Fanyus and Chen/Dai Ubers because the VAST majority of Fanyus appear to LOVE it (based on SNS and fansites). The 60+ million women in Japan are swooning and want him as a brother, son, grandson, husband, son-in law, gigolo...take your pick.

by Anonymousreply 128May 27, 2019 4:59 PM

Am I the only who doesn't think much about these show programs and EXs? It's not that I don't care but they are, well, EXs.

by Anonymousreply 129May 27, 2019 5:07 PM

[quote] Judges can only see artistry when it's thrown at their faces (example: Med and Alina). Subtly like ... and Satoko Miyahara is lost on them.

sorry but we keep our eyes close to avoid noticing her small jumps and URs. So we miss also her artistry

by Anonymousreply 130May 27, 2019 5:40 PM

I think masquerade/POTO2.0 is one of his best ever. Hanyu’s skating is solid, mature, and passionate. Like Chopin, his movements highlight every note of the song. His anime proportions are highlighted by the costume. He has LGC/origin hair- no expletives needed. He looks sexy as hell at the end when he throws the glove. Did I miss anything?

by Anonymousreply 131May 27, 2019 5:59 PM

R123 isn't this reflective of the FS audience generally? When I go to competitions, I'm almost always one of a handful of dudes in the audience.

I can everyone's point about Masquerade, both likes and dislikes. But I mean, he's performed it twice and first rehearsed it just a few days ago. Don't know what you all were expecting. Thought it was funny when he ran his hand through his hair at the end and the audience screamed.

by Anonymousreply 132May 27, 2019 6:08 PM

Here is Satoko's new SP. People on my TL think it's bad, but I haven't had a chance to see it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 27, 2019 6:20 PM

Maybe I'm offbase, but POTO2 seems to be part of 'tying up loose ends' for Yuzu. Last season, he paid tribute to his two big idols. This time, he's wearing red and revisiting the theme of his program when he and Han crashed at CoC. I wonder if he'll even try to go to China for a GP, to, I don't know, stare down his demons or something. Ditto with bring back 4Lz. I don't know if I'd call it superstition - just some need he has to complete scenarios in his head, like fulfilling child-Yuzu's gold medal dream - now he's checking off more unfinished business?

Anyhow, I love Masquerade. Ice shows are made for spectacle - I suppose I think figure skating is too, for the masses anyway, and I'm one of those. I won't go so far as to say I like Chaplin or Elvis - but I kinda get it. Aim to please the ordinary person, not the aesthete. You could look at it as though your goal is to make as many people happy as possible - not achieve some epic masterpiece every damned day. And also, at his point in his career, he should do whatever the hell he likes doing. If it's POTO, like Jonathan Breyer, said, then so be it, lol.

by Anonymousreply 134May 27, 2019 6:50 PM

Shut it, you subtle delicate flowers. I'll take drama over subtelty any day. That Masquarade shit was great with the way he throws himself into every movement.

by Anonymousreply 135May 27, 2019 7:08 PM

R130 [Quote] sorry but we keep our eyes close to avoid noticing her small jumps and URs. So we miss also her artistry

Makes sense. That's why your eyes are closed on Med's ugly jumps and miss her sorry skating as well, and then will just give her high scores. She's having loads of fun learning how to actually skate with Hanyu and Brown.

by Anonymousreply 136May 27, 2019 7:29 PM

yikes, Meds new 7 rings costume is not flattering at all

by Anonymousreply 137May 27, 2019 7:30 PM

Just before the 4 minute mark, at 3.55 or so, is Rika doing a quad toe? (I think so - even if underrotated)

My main problem with her short program is the baggy fish net top. It distracts me so much, I can't even come up with an opinion on the choreography or her skating - other than the jumps.

And what costume 'is' flattering on Med? I think she has the most unfortunate body proportions for figure skating - thick waist, bizarrely skinny calves - like there's no muscle at all? I often wonder if starving herself as a preteen/early-teen under Eteri gave her some sort of growth disorder, but it's probably genetic. Not everybody is gorgeous like Alina (j/k just to be gratuitously rude, because Med is as well -- but it's the truth, barring the teeth, which could be fixed)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 27, 2019 7:35 PM

I like Kihira's SP. Thanks God. Maybe I won't feel like the only person who didn't drink Kihira cool-aid this season. It's different and there are some cool moves. Obviously needs some work but should hey better with practice.

by Anonymousreply 139May 27, 2019 7:50 PM

Wondering while watching FAOI - how did Elladj Balde land himself such a plum gig? I mean it's great for him and he's fun, but every year he's a featured skater in the show even though he had one podium finish in his entire senior career. Is he especially popular in Japan? Is he just good entertainment value for the money? Is it because he's Canadian and he's friends with Buttle et al?

by Anonymousreply 140May 27, 2019 9:07 PM

I just have to say Javi’s flamenco was kind of a snore fest

by Anonymousreply 141May 27, 2019 9:14 PM

R135 you misunderstand me. I don't mean for him to tone his movements down. If I did I wouldn't be hankering for a full-blown non-Masquerade hard rock version of POTO. They were great and while they can be honed, I'm with the people who think that the boldness of it should be kept. I just meant the bit where he kept mimicking the fact there he's supposed to be wearing a mask. I thought he could go with something more subtle to indicate that, if he has to do it throughout the whole program, instead of smacking his own face multiple times within a few short minutes. Cos, besides the fact that it gets old pretty quickly and I find it more comical than dramatic, if he keeps on doing that, sooner or later, he's inadvertently going to poke himself in the eye and with the danger of him maybe losing a hand, perhaps putting himself in a place where he could also lose an eye may not be such a good idea. Sure, him in an eyepatch may seem badass but he doesn't need to really lose an eye to don one.

by Anonymousreply 142May 27, 2019 9:21 PM

So far, he’s lost an ankle, a hand, and an eye. I think we all worry too much. He’s in one piece and still competitive and still the best figure skater on the planet. I would say GOAT, but I know I’ll get some people’s panties in a bunch.

by Anonymousreply 143May 27, 2019 9:30 PM

R141 That's a ahame. He should have volunteered to dipped by Hanyu,

by Anonymousreply 144May 27, 2019 9:35 PM

shame*

by Anonymousreply 145May 27, 2019 9:36 PM

R143 Snort. And they say FS isn't a sport. This proves that it is. And a very extreme one at that. But I'm pretty sure (not 100% though) everyone's kidding about the hand and I was 100% kidding about the eye, though he really could poke an eye out if he's not careful with all that face-smacking. Anyway, it's all meant in jest. Too bad we can't do the same with the ankle.

by Anonymousreply 146May 27, 2019 9:37 PM

R140 Balde is signed under Ari Zakarian, who also represents plush, Med and coach/choreographer mastero Ge, my guess is he’s part of the package deal with the Russian ensemble skaters.

by Anonymousreply 147May 27, 2019 9:37 PM

What's up with Ge, any rumors? We love making fun of him, but cancelling all his show appearances and so on sounds drastic. He's a good show skater and quite popular, so what happened? Did he get into some trouble?

by Anonymousreply 148May 27, 2019 9:55 PM

R148 I thought he meant he cancelled his appearances because he's so in-demand as Coach-Choreographer he doesn't have time for such trifles as ice shows. He has a higher calling.

by Anonymousreply 149May 27, 2019 10:00 PM

Friend/Badaoui (Australia)

Rythmn Dance: The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert!

by Anonymousreply 150May 27, 2019 10:03 PM

r149 Jeffrey fucking Buttle has time to do ice shows. There must be something more to it.

r150 Why didn't Papadakiz/Cizeron thought of it first? They'd manage to be interesting!

by Anonymousreply 151May 27, 2019 10:33 PM

I’m gonna stir up some zag/med drama, cause Med is probably beyond seething and furious and (although may not do it) thinking of going Mariah bell on zags.

FaOI made it clear who has higher status-Olympic gold medalists. In the intro med and tuk were introduced together while zags came out herself with higher billing. In the end there were the 4 gold medalists side by side- Plu, Yuzu, zags, Arakawa taking bows. Then the extra picture with zags with Yuzu and then with the other gold medalists.

Did I mention gold medalists-lol. And all because of 1.31 points. Gotta burn.

by Anonymousreply 152May 27, 2019 10:33 PM

R149 probably GE’s self defense mechanism to keep his pride. No invites= no time.

by Anonymousreply 153May 27, 2019 10:36 PM

I can't remember the wording - but a few weeks ago, Ge posted a cryptic message about friend(s) letting him down, after he'd done so much for them... oh something like that. I wonder if that's when he found out he wasn't wanted at the ice shows.

by Anonymousreply 154May 27, 2019 10:59 PM

R142 Hanyu with an empty eye socket means an additional little orifice to fixate over. What are you guys complaining about?

by Anonymousreply 155May 27, 2019 11:27 PM

R155 if DL actually had a line, I think you crossed it. We should all be lucky it doesn’t, but personally ...

Eeewwwwwwwwww

by Anonymousreply 156May 27, 2019 11:32 PM

But why would Ge not be invited? They invite Balde and Candeloro. Ge is more popular then them. Didn't he do shows in Korea? He's got contacts, if not in Japan, he could do shows in other countries. It's just puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 157May 27, 2019 11:33 PM

R157 first candeloro is in a different league, he actually won Olympic and world medals. As for balde, he’s not a media whore trying to suck up to the star and creating unnecessary drama.

by Anonymousreply 158May 27, 2019 11:46 PM

It’s hot coach’s 40th birthday!

R138 Medvedeva’s mom (who’s there with her at FaOI) also has that kind of frame, so it’s probably inherited.

R140 r147 explained it. He’s represented by Zakarian, performs tricks, and acts like the head of the ensemble cast, so his role is different from the regular cast.

Speaking of Zakarian, he’s deleted the Coughlin post where he called the victims liars.

R148 Ge didn’t cancel his Japanese appearances. He was never invited. He made a similar post during Revolution on Ice (that’s been deleted?), which makes me believe he was never invited to that show, either. I’ve covered him getting into trouble at FaOI and The Ice in past threads. His appearance at FaOI last year was supposed to be a one-time exception, anyway. He’s not popular in Japan, unless you mean popular to complain about!

R154 It was identical to the post he made and deleted after the FaOI Kanazawa criticism.

r157 Candeloro is a two-time Olympic medalist and two-time World medalist. He's been in FaOI since 2011. (I've also already explained how he got invited again this year.) Ge was 17th at the last Olympics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 27, 2019 11:47 PM

Hey JDC- welcome back!

I have a burning question for you. Is there a hierarchy of ice shows in Japan. FaOI seems like the bigger production, while the others seem so so. Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 160May 27, 2019 11:56 PM

Ready for some Hashimoto news?

On the night of the 23rd, a day and a half before Trump was due to arrive in Japan, Abe met with Hashimoto and Shoji Nishida of the House of Councillors for almost 1.5 hours.

Earlier this month, a Diet member of the Hosoda faction reportedly claimed it’s been all but decided that Hashimoto will become the next Minister of State for the Olympic Games after July’s House of Councillors election. However, another Diet member in the know has suggested someone else may take that position: former singer/actress/race-car driver and Director of Women’s Affairs, Junko Mihara. Mihara first rose to prominence playing “Reiko Yamada” in the hit-drama series, “Mr. Kinpachi in Class 3B” in 1979. A year later, she released her debut single, “Sexy Night.” She was married to comedian Koara AKA Happi Hapi (funny story behind that name) for seven years.

Although Hashimoto has worked in the Diet for 24 years, she has never been appointed to the Cabinet, despite being a candidate for Minister of State numerous times. According to the anonymous Diet member, Hashimoto’s kissing scandal with Takahashi has prevented her from rising to the top and this time may be no different.

Meanwhile, Tsunekazu Takeda’s term as JOC president is coming to an end. His successor will be elected next month and assume office on July 4th.

by Anonymousreply 161May 27, 2019 11:57 PM

R160 Sorry, have to answer later. But it feels that way.

by Anonymousreply 162May 27, 2019 11:58 PM

r158 C'mon Candeloro is a has been and Balde... well, you said it yourself, is quiet. Ge actually has fans. But maybe he did step on somebody's toes. I just wish I knew whose and how hard that he had to "cancel" his appearances.

r161 So should Japan be grateful to Takahashi for getting molested?

by Anonymousreply 163May 28, 2019 12:12 AM

Disregard my Ge question, I missed JDC's earlier post. Still, a bit dramatic of him to "never skate in shows again."

by Anonymousreply 164May 28, 2019 12:18 AM

R164 don't worry, I'm sure Ge will dramatically come out of ice show retirement when SOI Uzbekistan has its inaugural show.

by Anonymousreply 165May 28, 2019 12:25 AM

Lol@ToshI's unabashed gushing.

Hanyu antis and trolls: *talking shit about the guy yadayada business as usual*

ToshI: Look at him! He's a good boi, people!

by Anonymousreply 166May 28, 2019 12:53 AM

Koshiro translated the lyric of “I love you” for Stephane. Hope Dennis aren’t jealous of him.

by Anonymousreply 167May 28, 2019 1:40 AM

But does Ge actually have fans who will pay to watch him though? He seems more popular by association with the bigger skaters and their fans politely tuning in than being popular himself. He has no tricks like Balde or a personality like Rippon to make his skating stand out.

If last year was a 1 time deal and he was the replacement for Zags, that was a stupid move that they fixed.

by Anonymousreply 168May 28, 2019 3:06 AM

R155, move over, de Sade

by Anonymousreply 169May 28, 2019 4:07 AM

R168 Ge was likely invited to FAOI because he is represented by Zakarian and he was retiring so it was probably a 1 time deal. However, he wasn't a replacement for Zags. Zags wasn't invited because of Med's butthurt. See JDC's posts in the last thread on Kikuo Makabe's TV appearance. Glad Zag got the attention she deserved this year.

by Anonymousreply 170May 28, 2019 5:01 AM

Miki Ando got fat. Good thing she can trot out that kid every once in awhile as an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 171May 28, 2019 6:28 AM

r171 Are you jealous or what? She looked fine. Whatever her character, she's one of the hottest skaters.

by Anonymousreply 172May 28, 2019 8:08 AM

Warning: the vid is 18+ (gives strong porn vibes, imho.) The guy is blown away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 28, 2019 8:14 AM

FAOI Recap by "Fran" 16 Yuzuru looked a lot more adult in the red/black; shd wear more red. Commitment incredible. He highlighted every accent of the music. Intensity great – giving face in the right way. Softness and fierceness at the same time. So much feeling – he can attack, be aggressive, but he doesn’t overdo it. Lovely Inna Bauer, 3A right on music. Hydroblade was out of place. At end, he took off mask/glove and threw it – great – she was sold from the beginning. She wd be happy w/him doing Masquerade/POTO as his competitive program.

24 Yuzuru 2 – Crystal Memories – a more typical-Yuzu costume. Looks like his older ex’s. You can tell he really studies the music. He draws attention to each musical accent. Beautiful layback spin and spiral, maybe an homage to Shizuka. Beautiful long spread-eagle. He brought his best this year to FAOI.

OPENING: Cute – skaters very joyful. Couple dancing/dips/very cheesy. Costumes atrocious as always. FINALE: hideous costumes, girls’ pants 2 sizes too big; Shizuka/Alina had nice moment as 2 Oly champs; Yuzu landed 4Lz but it’s tough worrying about him. – She usually doesn’t like shows but she really enjoyed this and recommends people watch it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 28, 2019 9:03 AM

The Rest: SATOKO’s Egyptian: modern/edgy, great musicality/interpretation, great potential; ANNA/LUCA – super expressive/musical but she was upset they didn’t show black/white number; SHIZUKA better at connecting, used to be cold, gorgeous posture/arms; ANDO draped white – dramatic, still has great jumps, likes her skating more now; JEFF: great skating skills – dull story about her hating the song BSN bec of a film; TUK – likeable/fun sass but she needs to hit the musical cues better & emote more; ZAG Carmen - shd slow down/not cram so much in – fun/flirty suits her, lovely spins, but shd project & hit accents; MED 7Rings – bad dress – ok prog but getting boring – good projection, improved I-spin; Flamenco “very long”, intense, it was “very very nice”; BALDE fun to watch w/backflips; RIKA – singer annoyed her – too rehearsed, she doesn’t 100% feel the music yet, she likes change from princessy stuff but she’s 50/50 on this choice - step sequence awkward – she’s not selling it yet; ODA fun, energetic, well deserved standing-o; then “EMO PLUSHY” gives his all but she’s never connected w/him; WEIR – always musical, a natural projector, emotes well, hated his white costume, audience loved knee slide; LAMBIEL in all black, elegant, great musicality, he gets the smallest softer musical accents that most people miss, still has great jumps, 100% committed.

by Anonymousreply 175May 28, 2019 9:04 AM

R171, she looks normal sized to me? Not fat.

by Anonymousreply 176May 28, 2019 9:12 AM

R173 this is porno for middle aged hanyu fans from japan

by Anonymousreply 177May 28, 2019 1:00 PM

What are the news about Javi? Besides looking old. Has he fucked Miki in the bathrooms yet

by Anonymousreply 178May 28, 2019 1:16 PM

R176 She is datalounge fat. No actually, she's fat-fat. Saw pictures of her with Dai and Sean Rabbitt where she looked matronly fat . Also, she has always skated fat - plodding, slow; now she just looks like she skates.

R172 yes, Miki, we're all just jealous of your hotness. You light up every Starbucks you walk into etc.

R178 by the looks of it, Miki might have some competition from Sonia. Also, sadly, she could not fit in the bathroom stall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 28, 2019 1:46 PM

The photographer, regrettably, was unable to fit all of Miki into this picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 28, 2019 1:57 PM

Like any clear-thinking gay man, Dai brought along a fat friend to make himself look svelte and handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 28, 2019 2:01 PM

r181 He looks oddly unlike himself.

by Anonymousreply 182May 28, 2019 2:05 PM

She is wearing a mumu. Also, see gay man tactic described above. Case closed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 28, 2019 2:11 PM

She still looks better and more fit than 99% of American women.

by Anonymousreply 184May 28, 2019 2:12 PM

Miki looks bad,she is getting older

by Anonymousreply 185May 28, 2019 2:15 PM

Why does Dai's face look so fat?

by Anonymousreply 186May 28, 2019 2:27 PM

R186 maybe his face is puffy because of too much drinking

by Anonymousreply 187May 28, 2019 2:32 PM

Fokkk u. Myf face nottt fatt, just big bonered

A mannx drinking a 13 litttle bottle of airpkanr gay goose befor brekfst ismt "much drinkingg" okaygy?

by Anonymousreply 188May 28, 2019 2:45 PM

R184 "more fit than most American women" is always a fatty's last refuge.

by Anonymousreply 189May 28, 2019 3:07 PM

Suckers. If Ando might just be pregnant again and keeping it on the down low, y'all would regret it because Ando would be DL's best girl.

by Anonymousreply 190May 28, 2019 4:39 PM

R172 R184 Are you the Helen Keller from a few threads back who thought Miki Ando was the most gorgeous woman she had ever seen? I have trouble believing that more than 2 people on this planet think Miki Ando is gorgeous or even better looking than 99% of any population. Magical vagina, yes, but the definition of butterface. And now, she's also fat. Tough shakes.

by Anonymousreply 191May 28, 2019 7:46 PM

Late to this game, but I like Masquerade. So fun to watch even with all the face palming. It gives an LGC vibe, but the coolness is casual and more mature. Toshi's voice is still really good.

R174 Thanks for the recap. Who is "Fran"? Sorry if I missed an earlier explanation.

by Anonymousreply 192May 28, 2019 8:28 PM

based on this website, lots of people thought Miki Ando was hot in 2010, she pretty much looks the same to me. i'm not a Ando fan but come one, she's far from butterface or ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193May 28, 2019 8:35 PM

R193 LOL, one clickbait article = "lots of people"? Also, that is a whole lotta fug in one list, including DL's favorite gray mare, Carolina Kostner!

by Anonymousreply 194May 28, 2019 8:48 PM

Ando has interesting features. You know, like how people like Adam Driver

by Anonymousreply 195May 28, 2019 8:57 PM

r194 lol, I didn't say she was on sports illustrated

by Anonymousreply 196May 28, 2019 9:02 PM

R193 That is a flatteringish picture of Miki and she doesn't look anything like that now.

R195 what are her interesting features? Her face is wider than it is long, like the Cheshire cat, her eyes are cartoonishly large and made-up, and she has chicklet teeth. I guess I'm not seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 197May 28, 2019 9:02 PM

r197 OK, I give up cause I don't care enough to keep rebutting those who STRONGLY believe Ando is butt ugly. you win, butterface she is

by Anonymousreply 198May 28, 2019 9:04 PM

r191 I'm r172 but not the other one and yep, that was me. I saw her up close at 2015 GPF and I still maintain she was the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen. Maybe it was her unusual, to my European eyes, face and elegant figure and how perfectly put together she was but she was smoking.

Now mind you, I've never seen Pogo in real life, because as far as photos go, Pogo wins - and that includes all the present actresses.

by Anonymousreply 199May 28, 2019 9:09 PM

Oops, I meant pebble teeth, not chicklets. That's a whole different problem.

R198 Lol. I think we're just bored. No one cares that much about Miki Ando, except for when she's whoring.

R199 let me guess, you think Keegan is luminous. JK kudos to you for fessing up given the abuse you got the first time. Brave (and blind) lady!! We all know you were just hypnotized by the magical vagina. Admit it!

by Anonymousreply 200May 28, 2019 9:14 PM

who’s the father of her daughter?

by Anonymousreply 201May 28, 2019 9:17 PM

R201 Allegedly Kikuo Makabe, the ice show organizer. I say "allegedly" but the kid looks just like a 60-year-old ice show organizer, so...

by Anonymousreply 202May 28, 2019 9:20 PM

R199 LOL, I was right then, there are no more than 2 people!

by Anonymousreply 203May 28, 2019 9:26 PM

R202 thanks. I somehow thought Oda was her father lol.

by Anonymousreply 204May 28, 2019 9:30 PM

I'm a whore, not a charity, R204

by Anonymousreply 205May 28, 2019 9:32 PM

[quote] Thanks for the recap. Who is "Fran"? Sorry if I missed an earlier explanation.

I recapped her recap - and I have no idea who she is, lol. I think Dave Lease (I'm the TSL Troll) mentioned her, so I checked her out. She's apparently Italian (spoke Italian to someone off camera during the recap). Seemed very hung up on musical accents so maybe some kind of musician or dancer? Or just a fan (and Yuzu uber - in the other recap I did, she said a clean Yuzu program was like a religious experience for her).

So I guess I wanted to cheer myself up (and see what she thought of the controversial (on here anyway) Masquerade.

by Anonymousreply 206May 28, 2019 10:49 PM

R206 Thanks. To cheer you up, TSL Troll, I'll post a picture of Jonathan Beyer. Looks good in a suit, but looks better with a beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 28, 2019 10:59 PM

According to Toshi, Hanyu had intended to do CM opening night, but changed it to Masquerade at the last moment.

R206 What? DL couldn't agree on Masquerade? I guess I'm not surprised.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 28, 2019 11:02 PM

Aw thanks R207, he's so pretty. But I do like him best with curls! At first he annoyed me - he can be manic. But his gentleness won me over (and the luxurious locks).

Interesting, R208. Maybe he thought David Wilson would only be there for one night? I can see how Yuzu might want to lead with the drama (to get more reaction from press/fans - I assume he follows that pretty closely - you'd have to be damned near ego-free not to).

by Anonymousreply 209May 28, 2019 11:33 PM

* didn't finish my thought: maybe at first he thought Wilson would only be there for one night but then he found out otherwise - that he'd stay for his birthday.

Other than impact, I can't imagine why he'd lead with Masq - the costume was still plain. Or maybe he wanted two version on film - one plain, one sparklier - to see what critics said when he added the sequins.

by Anonymousreply 210May 28, 2019 11:35 PM

r210 Gotta love it when a dude's reaction to "it's too plain!" critcism is to add more sparkles.

But you know what that costume needs? Lace. The read part should be lace.

by Anonymousreply 211May 28, 2019 11:48 PM

Masquerade ends with him literally throwing down a gauntlet while wearing a power color he hasn't worn since he almost got himself killed at CoC. That's the first impression he wants to make after last season. Hanyu ain't here to play. He's slamming his bad juju to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 212May 29, 2019 12:48 AM

R212 That's a really cool interpretation. I can see it.

by Anonymousreply 213May 29, 2019 1:03 AM

R212 r213 unfortunately he still has a bum ankle, which is why he was limited last year. I hope for the best, but this will be his 10th year as a senior? That’s like a70 year old in skater years, or am I getting confused with dog years

by Anonymousreply 214May 29, 2019 1:22 AM

R214 That's right, because a 12 year old is like an 84 year old in skating years.

by Anonymousreply 215May 29, 2019 1:28 AM

Sorry, that was me poooossstinggg.

by Anonymousreply 216May 29, 2019 1:30 AM

Yeah, for you pedophiles out there , the dog years calculations don’t work out for young girls in a court of law.

by Anonymousreply 217May 29, 2019 2:09 AM

The awful black-white costumes reminded me of this photoshopped image (Yuzu with the clothes of Robespierre):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 29, 2019 7:06 AM

Hawayek/Baker Rythm Ddance*: Saturday Night Fever

RD theme for 2019-20 is Musical/Operetta and the pattern in on Finnstep

So we have so far

Greese

Mamma Mia

Chicago

Saturday Night Fever

Priscilla

Hello Dolly

Dreamgirls

by Anonymousreply 219May 29, 2019 7:59 AM

r219 A theme? I know shit about ID but I thought the RD had to have a particular dance pattern?

by Anonymousreply 220May 29, 2019 8:55 AM

I didn’t notice Dai

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 29, 2019 9:46 AM

R220 next season they are obliged to select Musical or Operetta as music choice with one of the following rhythms: quickstep, blues, march, polka, foxtrot, swing, charleston, waltz....which basically is everything.

The pattern element is Finnstep and must be skated on quickstep, Charleston or swing rhythm.

After step 33 of the Finnstep, they must immediately (max 5 seconds stop) start the Pattern Dance type Step Sequence. They must do it on the same rhythm chosen for the Finnstep but they may change the tune (but not the tempo).

The Pattern Step Sequence must conclude at the short axis (middle of rink) on judges’ side.

by Anonymousreply 222May 29, 2019 9:57 AM

ISU description of Finnstep:

"The Finnstep is a fun, fast dance. The best way to describe it is that it resembles “sparkling champagne”. It is a ballroom type Quickstep, and should be danced very lightly, so to speak “over-the- top”. This dance is not serious, so it can even be performed a bit comically. Polka/Folklore character should be avoided."

Finnstep is based on Susanna Rahkamo and Petri Kokko's original dance of 1994/95 season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 29, 2019 10:04 AM

[quote] I didn’t notice Dai

Are you sure that's Dai? And is the girl in white next to Lambiel Satoko?

by Anonymousreply 224May 29, 2019 10:09 AM

R160 asked a really good question. If anyone's got any intel at all on it, would really appreciate if you could share.

by Anonymousreply 225May 29, 2019 10:15 AM

Petri Kokko is most known for the Finnstep...or for his ripped shorts (on his butt) at 1992 Worlds during the polka

The trousers start to break down at 1m50 mark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226May 29, 2019 10:16 AM

R224 yes. Stephane tagged him Dai. and I’m sure the girl in white is Satoko.

by Anonymousreply 227May 29, 2019 10:25 AM

r226 They're nice to watch! But geez, men used to wear such unflattering clothes back in the day. Thank god for the excitement of the wardrobe malfunction.

Thanks for the explanation. I wonder why "polka/folk should be avoided". But if they can dance basically anything they want, maybe the RD won't be add boring this season.

by Anonymousreply 228May 29, 2019 10:57 AM

Just decided to post a pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 29, 2019 4:00 PM

Ok....ISU continue with this "theme" thing for Ice Dance...today they announced 2020-11 requirements for RD.

Theme: Folk

Pattern for Senior: Ravensburger Waltz

by Anonymousreply 230May 29, 2019 4:29 PM

R230 **groan** Between this and the musical/operetta choices posted above, ID is going to be unwatchable for the next two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 231May 29, 2019 4:35 PM

are we getting polka for Olympic year?

Folk was nice the last time they had it as Original Dance (2010 Olympics). Yes, it can be a bit cringeworthy in some cases

by Anonymousreply 232May 29, 2019 5:05 PM

The Folk themed Original Dance at 2010 Olympics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 29, 2019 5:07 PM

Tatjana Flade was thinking about going to FAOI. Angling for comp tix?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 29, 2019 5:38 PM

r234 "Was almost coming" until she found out she can't sell the book?

by Anonymousreply 235May 29, 2019 6:05 PM

r169 There’s no official hierarchy and salaries aren’t disclosed, but I think it’s fair to say that FaOI is currently the most prestigious show. They have the biggest production (with live musical guests and acrobats), the most sponsors (maybe), perform in the largest venues, and the cast is supposed to comprise of top medalists only (with a couple of exceptions). I think the skaters are also pampered more and stay in nicer accommodations. However, this isn’t completely reflected in the ticket pricing.

There are many one-time shows, but the main shows this year are:

IMG – SOI, The Ice, Carnival on Ice (JO exhibition), Legends on Ice (NHK exhibition), MTT (Mao’s Thanks Tour)

CIC – FaOI, DOI, Medalists on Ice (Nationals exhibition)

USM – FOI, Christmas on Ice

Prince Hotels – PIW (Price Ice World)

In terms of front row ticket prices: MTTSOI>The Ice>DOI>PIW>FOI>MTT

MTT is the smallest show with the least prestigious cast, but that’s to keep costs low and it runs all year. I think PIW is the oldest (Japanese) ice show and has a reputation for being outdated although you can interact with the cast. FOI is Arakawa’s show and almost everyone is retired. (Tamura usually appears although he hasn’t been announced for this year.) DOI is more for juniors and young seniors to debut new programs. I don’t know why SOI Japan is more expensive than FaOI. However, super arena seats for Hyoen cost even more at 35,000 yen, although it’s not a typical ice show and has a more expensive production.

by Anonymousreply 236May 29, 2019 11:50 PM

Fernandez’s Sendai class was yesterday.

Ito made the Masquerade costume, although we’re not supposed to know yet. (It was leaked from her lecture and everyone knows now.)

Hanyu came out to watch Zagitova’s Carmen collaboration on day 2(?).

r234 Flade still won’t announce the cancellation of the Sendai book signing on social media, but she’ll complain on Zakarian’s IG?

by Anonymousreply 237May 29, 2019 11:54 PM

DL cut it out. Let's see if it works this time.

In terms of front row ticket prices: MTT< DOI< The Ice Osaka< FOI< FaOI Makuhari

by Anonymousreply 238May 29, 2019 11:57 PM

OK, let's try something different.

In terms of front row ticket prices, from lowest to highest: MTT - DOI - The Ice Osaka - FOI - FaOI Makuhari - PIW Yokohama- The Ice Nagoya - FaOI other locations - SOI

by Anonymousreply 239May 30, 2019 12:00 AM

Thanks, JDC. That's interesting. And Hanyu watching Zags! Whoa. Someone said (probably you, JDC) that Plushenko was sort of pushing Alina, to be included in pix or to stand by Hanyu - can't remember the details - but maybe he doesn't like what's been going on (the driving criticism, the program selection kerfuffle, etc.) and he's talked about it with Hanyu.

But Yuzuru probably follows these things himself - I mean he can't practice 24/7 and he doesn't seem to be out and about much, other than official things (although I realize he has a shitload of those). If he were the Ge type, I'd wonder if he wasn't just sticking it to Med. Anyway, I'm surprised. If it was Rika I wouldn't be. But Zags? Oh well.

Speaking of girls remotely associated with Hanyu, and one has to dig deep to find them, I was watching NBC's coverage of Tursy's world record quad sal at Worlds, and I swear it sounds like Johnny calls her a "very serious little dame" at about 3:50 in this video. I'm probably mis-hearing and I guess, so what, but it sounded so 1950s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 30, 2019 12:29 AM

R238 loll Hanyu watching Zags ? Are you sure you read a reliable report/ fanacc, not someone's fantasy ?

by Anonymousreply 241May 30, 2019 12:37 AM

R241 Why is it unbelievable?

by Anonymousreply 242May 30, 2019 12:56 AM

R242 I don’t think it’s unbelievable but maybe not so zag fan reasons. Meaning I wonder if he sympathizes with her because she is a gold-medalist and he respects that and she’s not getting the respect that she deserves

by Anonymousreply 243May 30, 2019 1:20 AM

R243 Hanyu is doing POTO and Carmen next year and wants to be inspired.

by Anonymousreply 244May 30, 2019 1:34 AM

Or maybe Hanyu admires her grit, respectability, and professionalism. He admired Med's consistency. It wouldn't surprise me if he also found a quality in Zags he wants to steal.

by Anonymousreply 245May 30, 2019 1:36 AM

R242 Because it sounded fake. If Hanyu had come out to watch her ( or any skaters), we would have had like 100 reports on that. Even if he had wanted to watch Zag, there is always backstage monitors for him. And if it's what a Zag fan wrote, there is a 99% chance that it was just her fan's fantasy.

R245 Why does he have to steal grit, respectability, and professionalism from someone when he has all? If he wants to steal something from Zag, it should be her legs.

by Anonymousreply 246May 30, 2019 1:42 AM

yeah he wants her salacious legs too

by Anonymousreply 247May 30, 2019 1:44 AM

R247 no no no me wantzzzz zag legggs, I fuuuuckinnn hate Hanyu. I can doo drama masqerwadssv gooderrr

by Anonymousreply 248May 30, 2019 1:54 AM

LOL Sendai cropped out Hashimoto in the most obvious way possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249May 30, 2019 5:59 AM

Important question is yet to be answered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250May 30, 2019 6:17 AM

I also have a crush on Jonathan Beyer. I agree that he looks great with the beard and curls, but then again, without the beard, we can see his cleft chin (so sexy).

by Anonymousreply 251May 30, 2019 6:25 AM

R240 It’s possible he was trying to make a point/show support, but I think it’s more likely that he was curious about how this version of Carmen with the violinist and band turned out. He supposedly joined Oda. I don’t know for sure if it’s him, but you can see someone waking out from backstage during the Carmen performance in the broadcast where Zagitova does the ina bauer. He’s also believed to have watched Plushenko.

We do know Hanyu follows Japanese FS social media from what he's said. But the Zagitova/Med song-stealing was reported in regular news, so all of the Japanese skaters are likely aware of what's happened.

Plushenko and Hanyu not too long ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252May 30, 2019 8:13 AM

Josei Jishin and Josei 7 are stalking Hanyu again this FaOI, but it seems he’s improved his stealth skills because they haven’t manage to get a shot of him yet. Josei Jishin did get photos of Plushenko, Medvedeva, Kihira, Miyahara, and Ando (who’s looking directly at the paparazzi camera) leaving rehearsal.

I don’t think Jishin has a reporter who actually follows figure skating because they claimed Hanyu is doing FaOI because Plushenko is in it “this year.” (This is Plushenko’s fifth year.) There was nothing particularly interesting about their article.

The Josei 7 article is a little more disturbing if true. It was mainly devoted to Hanyu and Toshi’s relationship, and their “figure skating source” was very obviously Toshi’s blogs and livestream. However, they also had a “show staff source” who reported on the goings backstage and if the information is correct, Makabe needs to stop the leak.

According to a FaOI staff member, Hanyu got a banana and salad backstage with his mom after the opening number was finished on the first day. While BENI could be heard signing “Hitomi wo tojite” onstage, Hanyu said he loves the song, it makes him cry, and moved to the music. Another staff member agreed with him that the intro brings tears to the eyes. At the same time, Zagitova, Tuk and other Russian ladies were excited about the catering menu (which was listed in the article, but may have been what Toshi shared in his livestream) and chatting with each other.

Hanyu went back to the waiting room, which was very crowded, and started stretching at 7PM. He always gave plenty of space whenever someone walked by and acted humble.

On the second day, when Toshi was showing his Pooh T-shirt to Hanyu he’d bedazzled himself the night before with Swarovski crystals, Hanyu ran his hand over the beads and they fell onto the ice, causing Hanyu and Toshi to panic.

It seems like a pointless article unless they’re trying to prove that they do have someone on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 253May 30, 2019 9:19 AM

I was a bit startled when you said Josei 7's article was a bit disturbing. I thought they'd be up to their old tricks of making up lies - but even if they were, they didn't insult Yuzuru or imply anything scandalous (like the old high school friend story). Whew! If anything, it seems complimentary (Yuzuru humble, giving people space, loving a song, panicking about rubbing off beads). Hopefully, that's a good sign. They could have fit some snark in there if they'd been determined to.

by Anonymousreply 254May 30, 2019 9:31 AM

I was just wondering - who's the hottest singles pair: Ashley and Nathan - Rika and Shoma - or Anna and Yuzuru?

I didn't see the Ashley/Nathan coupled number, but I read a lot of "ewww's" lol.

by Anonymousreply 255May 30, 2019 9:35 AM

Yuzuru and Anna's husband! I insisit!

by Anonymousreply 256May 30, 2019 9:39 AM

R235 thanks JDC. So many ice shows, and Ge didn’t get invited to any of them? He needs a new agent?

by Anonymousreply 257May 30, 2019 9:49 AM

Lauriault/Legac Musical/Operetta RD is Les Demoiselles de Rochefort, from the 60's musical movie starring Catherine Deneuve

by Anonymousreply 258May 30, 2019 10:22 AM

just in case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259May 30, 2019 11:10 AM

R246 I didn't mean specifically its those traits that he wants to steal. Just that he might acknowledge that in her. Of course, he's the master of those things listed so he doesn't need that from Zags. I was just wondering if there was something.

by Anonymousreply 260May 30, 2019 12:36 PM

[quote] he was curious about how this version of Carmen with the violinist and band turned out

This, from JDC, makes the most sense to me. Yuzuru seems to take it upon himself to be the "host" of the musical guests - to encourage applause, lead the bows, etc.

Maybe this is common - I'm really new to ice shows. Do all of them have a "star" like Hanyu who acts as the leader? always in the front of group numbers, always going last, and assuming that responsibility that he seems to, to lead the acknowledgement/applause for the musical acts - he came out after the earthquake to check on the audience - etc. ?

I mean, I know Mao Asada would do that for her own show, but do all of them have someone as the leader? I remember Shoma saying that he realized he had to change the way he behaved when he was at the top of an ice show and whether the audience had a good time was his responsibility, but does he go as far as Hanyu in running the whole show?

I do have to say I'm impressed that Plushenko is willing to bow down to Hanyu, and take his spot in the back-up crew, albeit I guess the second most ballyhooed. I did think Shizuka would get more attention. Why wasn't she called out to be in the photo with the other gold medalists at the end, for example?

by Anonymousreply 261May 30, 2019 12:58 PM

R255 Definitely not Rika and Shoma. Anna looks like Yuzuru's teacher or auntie or babysitter, which if you're into that...

by Anonymousreply 262May 30, 2019 1:21 PM

R258 My favorite program announcement so far. Machida used it for an ex, though I wasn't wild about the cuts he used.

by Anonymousreply 263May 30, 2019 1:49 PM

R254 Nah, if true, I think it's disturbing to think that someone is tracking, watching and listening to you when you think you're in a private space.

by Anonymousreply 264May 30, 2019 1:58 PM

I think Hanyu's ass and thighs look bigger or at least more muscular. In any case, they look bulgy and well-defined even in the non UA pants. Surprising, given it's the off season.

by Anonymousreply 265May 30, 2019 2:06 PM

R265 Interesting. I was thinking his chest and arms seem somewhat bigger but the lower half looks the same. We need some pictures to settle this matter

by Anonymousreply 266May 30, 2019 2:54 PM

Hanyus shoulders look broader too. I hope he's not pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 267May 30, 2019 3:10 PM

Didn't Yuzu say he was going to work out more to strengthen his core - so as to improve his air position in quads? (well, something like that)

by Anonymousreply 268May 30, 2019 3:14 PM

lol judging somones ass form profesionals cameras with close ups..lol middle aged men are ridicolous

by Anonymousreply 269May 30, 2019 3:17 PM

[quote] Definitely not Rika and Shoma. Anna looks like Yuzuru's teacher or auntie or babysitter, which if you're into that...

I must be weird - I think I'd pick Rika and Shoma. They looked so happy and at-ease when they were doing their tango. Giggling as they did that last pose, where they hung onto each other but both leaned backwards. I didn't see Nathan but people who did said they looked very awkward together (or maybe just Nathan looked awkward, and he often does, so I can believe that.)

I thought Anna and Yuzuru were fine, but he didn't look very relaxed or at ease about it, the way Shoma did. Anna looked sort of neutral - like she was just trying to do the steps and keep her usual composure, but she's the only one of the six who's so used to doing pair dancing that it would come easily.

by Anonymousreply 270May 30, 2019 3:18 PM

You're all wrong, whores. Hanyu's just fat. Look at uterus. Good luck with jumps, cow.

by Anonymousreply 271May 30, 2019 3:20 PM

Killer thighs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 30, 2019 3:33 PM

R272 And now compare that ass with his ass from normal pictures or videos. Grow up

by Anonymousreply 273May 30, 2019 3:36 PM

r266 I don't know if the thighs look more bulgy than usual in this pic, but maybe it does? I was basing my comment mostly on the video of Masquerade though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274May 30, 2019 3:40 PM

[quote]I hope he's not pregnant.

Wow, what a horrid slut.

by Anonymousreply 275May 30, 2019 3:44 PM

Speaking of fatties, a pregnant and hormonal Savchenko might not appreciate this edit right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 30, 2019 3:52 PM

R274 Hmmm he looks bigger everywhere there tbh

by Anonymousreply 277May 30, 2019 3:59 PM

yeah here it looks 'amazing'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278May 30, 2019 4:05 PM

R278 Aw you took the time to look pictures of him!

by Anonymousreply 279May 30, 2019 4:17 PM

his ass is not so big and round .. it looks bigger when he wears tight pants , every skater has, his ass is no better then the other ones...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280May 30, 2019 4:18 PM

R274 Look like Hanyu gorging on bananas, salads and water at FAOI. Can he lift fat ass into air long enough to do 1eu? I am doubting this.

by Anonymousreply 281May 30, 2019 4:33 PM

he is not fat, he is thinner then plushenko

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282May 30, 2019 4:41 PM

he is skinny , what kind of man look like that? he has anorexia it seems His hips are so narrow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 30, 2019 4:59 PM

R283 The weirdest things trigger you, man. Smh.

by Anonymousreply 284May 30, 2019 5:01 PM

R284 I am a woman

by Anonymousreply 285May 30, 2019 5:02 PM

I know Uno's voice is soft but didn't realize it could be this high pitched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 30, 2019 5:36 PM

I didn't realize all of FAOI Day 2 (or a lot of it) was on Youtube till today. In case anybody else missed it, here's a link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 30, 2019 5:37 PM

obviously not the kind of man you, r283, see every day, and let me offer my sympathy to you for that. Hanyu is fit.

by Anonymousreply 288May 30, 2019 5:43 PM

R288 Sounds like you're talking to Daitroll and if so, the only "man" it sees everyday is the orderly who pushes a tin tray through the food hatch in the door.

by Anonymousreply 289May 30, 2019 5:48 PM

R288 Yeah because i dont see skeletons every day mean I see fat ones , logic . He is very skinny and what makes me laugh you claim that he go t fat, because they got him clothes who were supposed to make him look bigger. I dont blame them.

by Anonymousreply 290May 30, 2019 5:48 PM

r287 I think that's day 3, the only full broadcast so far.

r289 don't forget the the "man" who brings the pills in a tiny dixie cup

by Anonymousreply 291May 30, 2019 6:42 PM

Parts of translated the interview with Daniil Gleikhengauz - from Nathan Chen's dedicated GS thread:

Q: Which programs are the best in your rating?

A: ...the programs of Nikolai Morozov for Alexei Yagudin - “Winter”, “The Man in the Iron Mask”... the programs of Stephane Lambiel, all fo which I loved madly... Next, I will probably list Patrick Chan, Shoma Uno, Yuzuru Hanyu and, of course, Nathan Chen... also Javier Fernandez...

Q: What interests you in Nathan Chen?

A: He used to be criticized for programs in "gain speed then jump" style, but Chen works a lot off the ice and tries to transfer the choreography from the floor to ice, which is not typical for figure skating, because traditionally we are more into ballet. In his programs, I see that he is now introducing a different choreography with various new pieces and findings, and over time he will show us hip-hop and character dances. It can be seen that this will be his style, you just need to give time for it. He is harsh, rhythmic, explosive, no one will expect Romeo and Juliet or lyrical programs from him. He has his own style, he is more groovy, more aggressive, and the more he skates, the more we will see his “me”. ...

by Anonymousreply 292May 30, 2019 9:07 PM

* Parts of THE translated interview with Danlil...

by Anonymousreply 293May 30, 2019 9:09 PM

*looks at smudged writing on hand* Jesus Hernandez

by Anonymousreply 294May 30, 2019 9:22 PM

LOL I screwed up with that - I actually moved it from the part about Nathan because I thought it fit better with the previous question BUT what Danlil really said about Javi, at least according to the translator, is more praise of the skater Javi and the one gala program (sorry 'bout that):

"I also need to list Javier Fernandez, who ended his brilliant career at the European Championships. His gala program was just incredible. It is so beautifully choreographed, there is so much interesting details in it that you can't take your eyes off him."

by Anonymousreply 295May 30, 2019 9:32 PM

I wish I had the crystal ball and the magic eye Daniil has regarding Nathan's choreography. I kinda agree with him about Nathan's style - finally someone who said Nathan isn't balletic - but wtf is the "transferring choreography from floor to ice"? I just see jump setups.

by Anonymousreply 296May 30, 2019 9:43 PM

Choreograohy = step sequance???? transistions is not a choreography...

by Anonymousreply 297May 30, 2019 9:45 PM

[quote] He used to be criticized for programs in "gain speed then jump" style

"Used to be"? He's still criticized for it because his coach insists he skate boring ass programs. I'd love for Nathan to develop whatever "explosive" style he has and include something other than crossovers in his programs. But the judges need to stop rewarding his jump skating and the US media needs to stop claiming he's Nureyev on ice .

by Anonymousreply 298May 30, 2019 9:47 PM

I'm not sure I understand what he's saying. People talk about manly skating - but to me, Nathan is introverted and I think I'd even say meek, and that's the personality I also see in his skating.

Or maybe I just haven't watched him enough times. Certainly at the Olympics he was almost skating like a scaredy-cat. And the new program with the weird body shaking at the beginning - that looks horribly awkward to me, almost like someone who is a very bad actor pretending to have a seizure? (meanwhile, you can feel the shyness or embarrassment or something)

Maybe I'm just biased against him. My first intro was American media hyping the fuck out of him - then I saw him at the Olympics and like What? Even the FS, yes the jumps were landed, but the landings were stiff and abrupt - and the rest of the program was so plain. I remember Johnny Weir saying that Nathan's short was the best choreographed program of all the men - faint praise for Nathan himself lol.

by Anonymousreply 299May 30, 2019 9:51 PM

R296 Sounds like Daniil's saying there are choreographed elements from genres other than ballet that Nathan does off-ice that he then tries on ice? Maybe next season we'll have a a hip-hop (or "character dances", whatever that is) program from Nathan other something.

by Anonymousreply 300May 30, 2019 10:17 PM

Is this the same interview where Daniil basically calls his own programs "masterpiece(s)" and said that the goal for Zag's Carmen was to make it so amazing nobody else would use that piece of music for years to come? If we put Daniil, Ge and Richaud (he also stroked his ego and dissed Dickson in an interview recently) in a room together, who would come out alive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301May 30, 2019 10:17 PM

R301 I'd be happy if none of them came out of the room alive.

by Anonymousreply 302May 30, 2019 11:10 PM

And now for the most shocking news of the off season - Gabby Daleman will continue skating! Her FS for 2019-2020: "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" by Celine Dion.

by Anonymousreply 303May 30, 2019 11:30 PM

Are there any good, exciting juniors turning seniors this season?

by Anonymousreply 304May 30, 2019 11:34 PM

R304 We have produced a few, ready for shipping.

by Anonymousreply 305May 30, 2019 11:36 PM

R304 I am still thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 306May 30, 2019 11:37 PM

Is this just the deltoid muscle on Hanyu or some sort of padding?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 31, 2019 12:13 AM

r303 Shit, I love that song. I'm ready for judgement. I hope she won't crash and burn.

by Anonymousreply 308May 31, 2019 12:13 AM

R308 How do you live with yourself? Clearly, she should have gone with "The Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston.

by Anonymousreply 309May 31, 2019 12:18 AM

R303 Is she following Barkell to Granite Club or still at TCC I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 310May 31, 2019 12:44 AM

R310 She tweeted this recently, so a move might be in order: "I’m ready to be around new people, better scenery, better vibes all that."

On the other hand, someone asked her directly on IG and she gave a non-answer.

by Anonymousreply 311May 31, 2019 12:50 AM

bad vibes at tcc? hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 312May 31, 2019 1:38 AM

R312 good riddance

by Anonymousreply 313May 31, 2019 2:53 AM

Do you guys think Yuzu's competitor watch his FaOI programs? I would if I were his rival.

R292 I like Yagudin"s Winter. Especially the footwork. Are there any current skaters that have the same footwork on their programs ?

by Anonymousreply 314May 31, 2019 3:27 AM

Def would have seen news of him slowly getting his 4Lz back

by Anonymousreply 315May 31, 2019 3:52 AM

r314 No because this footwork wouldn't earn them any levels.

by Anonymousreply 316May 31, 2019 6:57 AM

R304, we're ready for our senior debuts. It has nothing to do with us aging out of junior and everything to do with us being amazing. Prepare to be WOWED!

by Anonymousreply 317May 31, 2019 7:22 AM

[quote] Are there any good, exciting juniors turning seniors this season?

Alexandra Trusova, who gave the rest of the field (and the world) a whack on the backside.

by Anonymousreply 318May 31, 2019 7:46 AM

Thunderstorm in Sendai!

Sui/Han have joined The Ice.

There will be a fan meeting at ATS with Yuna, Chen, Sui/Han, P/C, Uno, Fernandez, James/Cipres. They're going to play some games.

Hanyu gave Sendai sweet “Hagi no tsuki” to Toshi (and probably to the rest of the cast/staff).

It continues. Medvedeva made a new instastory singing along to Eilish’s “My Strange Addiction” and had another story about a contract with Eilish? (It’s not there anymore?) Zagitova had been practicing her “Bad Boy” ex in rehearsal and likely performing it tonight.

Meanwhile, Daleman seems to have rubbed off on Med before leaving TCC. Med has been photoshopping all of her recent photos, including her latest profile photo taken by Japanese professional photographer Noto. Unfortunately for her, Noto posted the original on his IG and now comparisons are being made.

And it’s more bad news for Med. She appeared in a recent Sendai news clip (performing new choreography?) along with Kihira, Hanyu, Arakawa, Zagitova, and Plushenko, but curiously, was the only skater who wasn’t named. Sendai shade? She continues to respond to comments on her IG, including one that pointed out the insensitivity of her earthquake jokes, but insists she was trying to make everyone happy.

R311 Looks like Daleman has been making cryptic tweets for a few days now. @gabby_daleman

R317 Hey, at least they're somewhat interesting. Not sure how much support they'll be getting now that the US fed and ISU is fully behind Zhou.

Sendai news on FaOI:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319May 31, 2019 7:52 AM

Gabby looks like a drag queen on Halloween. If the skating doesn't work out, she could host horror movies at a dine-in theatre.

I just can't with those fingernails. I have to look away.

by Anonymousreply 320May 31, 2019 8:38 AM

Forgot the link - here's Vampira is all her glory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 31, 2019 8:43 AM

R319 Seems like there are less political factors in choosing skaters for The ice than for Faoi ? Even young and rising skaters like Zhou, Boyang,... have been invited.

by Anonymousreply 322May 31, 2019 9:16 AM

I need to see Yuzu, Yuna and Javii together on ice. Javi, you're my only hope. Please make this happen on ROI..

by Anonymousreply 323May 31, 2019 10:42 AM

There must be a Mama and Papa Hanyu reunion. All those fascinated by their sex life-fantasize away...

by Anonymousreply 324May 31, 2019 11:16 AM

R324 You say that like the interest is irrelevant and unjustified. It isn't. It is, after all, entirely thanks to this particular couple's sex life that we've even got this thread at all. I do hope they still have a great one after all these years and distance because any sex life that gifted us the great Yuzuru Hanyu is an exalted one. Very different from he run-of-the-mill sex life most of the rest of us have since, even if something were to come out from it, most times, it doesn't produce 2x Olympic champions and all-in-all inspiring human beings with fans in tremendous hordes. So to those who take an interest in the goings on within the master bedroom of a particular Hanyu residence somewhere in Sendai, I just wanna say, I get you and, so long as you keep it casual and not overtly perverse and/or prying, I support you.

by Anonymousreply 325May 31, 2019 12:28 PM

Rumors say Javier and Miki couldn't fuck in the bathrooms because the Hanyus were already there.

by Anonymousreply 326May 31, 2019 12:47 PM

r325

[quote] You say that like the interest is irrelevant and unjustified

Not at all. just saying for those who were complaining of the unjust separation of the two by Yuzu - feel relieved and hope they get a year full of middle age freak on - since they'll be leaving in 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 327May 31, 2019 1:58 PM

[R319] Interesting about Med photoshopping the Noto photo. Yes, that's pretty obvious.

[quote] "I’m ready to be around new people, better scenery, better vibes all that."

[R311] Did Gabby delete this? I don't see it now.

by Anonymousreply 328May 31, 2019 2:19 PM

HAWT, R326!

by Anonymousreply 329May 31, 2019 2:21 PM

R319 I'm surprised to see the original picture. med's behaviour on Instagram becomes really worrisome. Between her shooped pictures and weird stories. I'm also shocked by the timing of her last post...

by Anonymousreply 330May 31, 2019 2:49 PM

Wow the Med PS is so obvious, even to someone like me who doesn't have an eye for those things. Here is the original

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331May 31, 2019 2:53 PM

This is what Med looks like in her mind's eye (which comes with PS).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 31, 2019 2:54 PM

Poor girl. She has lost her mind

by Anonymousreply 333May 31, 2019 2:56 PM

I don't see the big deal. I'm not a Med fan by any means but this minor photoshop (arms? and waist?) is not the same as what Daleman was doing (waist half the size and fake bruises)

by Anonymousreply 334May 31, 2019 3:02 PM

R334 of course Daleman got the gold medal here. I hope Med never ends up with make up like Gabby lol.

by Anonymousreply 335May 31, 2019 3:08 PM

r321 LMAO, LOL!!! The Daleman youtube video is called "Soft Eye BOLD Lip!!" I would say she really shouldn't be giving tutorials but my guess is she has an audience

by Anonymousreply 336May 31, 2019 3:08 PM

R334 If you click on the picture, the biggest change is that she PS the hell out of her ass and hips.

The whole copycat nonsense with Zag is really stupid on Med's part. Does she think this makes her look good? Why is she continuing to do this? Only grade school mean girls make a big deal out of people "copying" them.

by Anonymousreply 337May 31, 2019 3:39 PM

R328 Yes, you're right, I just checked: she's deleted the tweet. With Gabby, if you want to quote her IG or tweets, you have to screencap everything. I thought she made a big deal about going off social media not too long ago.

by Anonymousreply 338May 31, 2019 3:42 PM

The bad vibes at TCC are causing the girls self-image issues.

by Anonymousreply 339May 31, 2019 4:09 PM

You know, when this is all said and done, someone will write a tell-all revealing that the diva cunt of TCC was actually little, unassuming Stephen Gogolev.

by Anonymousreply 340May 31, 2019 4:16 PM

Well he proved that when he flounced.

It's always the quiet ones.

by Anonymousreply 341May 31, 2019 4:38 PM

If I were TCC, I'd say good riddance! Hopefully Med is next to flounce!

by Anonymousreply 342May 31, 2019 5:39 PM

Vincent Zhou with Shae Lynn Bourne

"I Will Wait" by Mumford and Sons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343May 31, 2019 6:12 PM

For Gogolev, ISU sites still shows Barkell, WIki says Raf. Is Raf a confirmed switch. Also will Gogolev grow taller than 5 ft 1/2 in tall?

by Anonymousreply 344May 31, 2019 6:19 PM

R344 aside from tsl, I've only seen a tweet from IFS magazine. I think if untrue, TCC would have made it known by now. Maybe he's still deciding.

by Anonymousreply 345May 31, 2019 6:35 PM

R327 Oh, the whole Yuzu is a parent cockblock narrative. Well...there is a certain truth in that...though holding it against the guy seems counter productive to me, since the whole reason people are interested in the parents' sex life in the first place is him and the achievements he's made thanks to sarifice of said sex life anyway. Unless I'm giving them too much credit and these people are only interested because they like being nosey about the sex life of middle-aged people.

by Anonymousreply 346May 31, 2019 6:43 PM

Yes, i believe

[quote]Yuzu is a parent cockblock

was the narrative, LOL

by Anonymousreply 347May 31, 2019 6:52 PM

r321 Well, there goes my hoping that Daleman won't crash and burn.

Orser must be relieved to have her off his chest.

by Anonymousreply 348May 31, 2019 7:17 PM

The beginning of Kihira's FS.

I will have to endure another season of everybody praising her boring jumps, I mean skating, just because she's Japanese, won't I. Well, there's still the SP hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 31, 2019 7:24 PM

R349 People are interested in Kihira because there are few women in FS who have her technical content. That will change next year, but unlike the others, she will probably keep her 3A and quad(s) for 2022. What does being Japanese have anything to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 350May 31, 2019 7:56 PM

R349 if she were American, Canadian or Russian, there would be far more interest, everyone would already be convinced she is the complete package and her GOEs and PCS would be through the fucking roof.

by Anonymousreply 351May 31, 2019 8:17 PM

I love Kihira because I think she is the closest to the complete package, my vision of the Hanyu in ladies skating. Not because she is Japanese, sorry to ruin your narrative. The ugly skating lineage set by Eteri girls like Zags and Med can go. Not looking forward the the quad jumper Sasha. If Kihira wasn't Japanese and came from another power nation in ladies she honestly would have been hyped more.

by Anonymousreply 352May 31, 2019 9:36 PM

R349 if you keep complaining about her nationality I must say you are ...

by Anonymousreply 353May 31, 2019 9:38 PM

Is it just me, or did Shae Lynn choreograph for a lot of skaters this year?

by Anonymousreply 354May 31, 2019 9:41 PM

yeah, she's been getting around, if you know what i mean

by Anonymousreply 355May 31, 2019 9:46 PM

R355 you can say that again. That horrid slut will work with anyone for the right price.

by Anonymousreply 356May 31, 2019 9:56 PM

Another Pair gone..Barquero/Maestu split..

by Anonymousreply 357May 31, 2019 10:02 PM

r351 Sorry, were we reading the same datalounge last season? Everybody seemed convinced she's the second coming of Yuna Kim. Overhyped af. Frankly, even more overhyped than Russians. Don't take me wrong, my favorite female skaters actually are Japanese - Higuchi and Sakamoto - but Kihira wasn't all that. But I did like what I saw of her SP so maybe she'll get there.

by Anonymousreply 358May 31, 2019 10:09 PM

R358 I honestly don't remember any comments comparing Rika to Yuna on DL. Could be wrong, but let's not kid ourselves, most of us are here for 1 (one) reason and it ain't Rika.

by Anonymousreply 359May 31, 2019 10:16 PM

R358 I been here since Hanyu became a DL favorite and no, did not see the Yuna comparison. What drugs were you on? Many, including me, didn't care or tuned in for her competitions until she put out the should have been WR FS skate at NHK. During and after GPF, Zags sympathizers and haters drowned out her win.

by Anonymousreply 360May 31, 2019 10:41 PM

Ge (mishage8) has posted a video of himself doing Medvedeva’s 7 Rings ex. If he also choreographs Memoirs, maybe we’ll get to see Geisha Ge!

At Sendai FaOI yesterday, Miyahara unveiled her new SP costume by Julia Caito (photo and video @juju.designs) which is another pantsuit. The Masquerade costume has also been altered with more stones. Hanyu gave a brief striptease when he changed from costume to FaOI shirt, and had a two-foot landing for his latest quad lutz attempt. Maisuradz offered to lift him, but was turned down. Hanyu gave BENI expensive Yamagata cherries from Sendai company Itagaki. Weir did an instalive with Lambiel in the bathroom before the show reminiscent of their time together in Kings on Ice.

Sportan Neo (Sendai only) will have a live special tonight with interviews with Hanyu and Arakawa.

Medvedeva’s manager continues to find the most random companies to sponsor his skater and I think we now know why Med’s been editing her jaw lately. She’s recently promoted AkaraN’s Essential Water Gel and Agarism Moisturizer on her IG. AkaraN (www. akaran. co.jp/ youtube channel: web akaran) is a small cosmetics company established in 2012 located near Waseda University. They carry a few face creams and facial soaps, and their products are sold via online mail-order. Target customers appear to be moms and housewives. There’s very little information about the company and their products, even on their own website, but they at least don’t seem as shady as Oyaslim or Rivaland despite using the same stealth marketing tactics.

Speaking of Rivaland… This is very interesting, but I don’t know if I posted about it before: Josei 7 used to promote Rivaland and published an article a few years ago about their Ojyosama drink after visiting their office and interviewing staff. www.news-postseven. com /archives/20150414_316037.html

Sendai news with clips from yesterday’s FaOI:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 31, 2019 10:48 PM

R358

[quote]Frankly, even more overhyped than Russians

I'm curious - which Russian ladies do you think were unfairly overlooked in favor of Kihira?

by Anonymousreply 362May 31, 2019 11:24 PM

r358 r359 Are you dumb or just pretending? I didn't say she was compared to Yuna.

by Anonymousreply 363May 31, 2019 11:35 PM

R363 Good lord, I'm not even one of the posters you referenced, but you post this sentence, "Everybody seemed convinced she's the second coming of Yuna Kim" and call other people dumb for thinking you meant she was compared to Yuna? Maybe admit you could have been more clear if that's not what you meant.

by Anonymousreply 364May 31, 2019 11:49 PM

R364 I’m not one of the posters either but chill the fuck out

by Anonymousreply 365May 31, 2019 11:52 PM

That was for r363, hey chill the fuck out

by Anonymousreply 366May 31, 2019 11:53 PM

R361 I love all your recaps JDC, but my lizard brain got stuck on "striptease"

by Anonymousreply 367June 1, 2019 12:30 AM

The lack of Sendai videos is making everybody a little angry.

by Anonymousreply 368June 1, 2019 12:33 AM

R367 I'm not JDC, but apparently Hanyu was in a hurry to change between numbers so he unzipped his costume before going through the curtain. This happened in two different shows - in the first, the audience got a glimpse of his neck and more recently they got to see all the way to his lower back. I can't believe I'm writing this all out like it's important news. But in that vein, apparently his skin is like white porcelain.

by Anonymousreply 369June 1, 2019 12:37 AM

R369 Hanyu knows and plans every step he takes. He’s a tease and loves it.

by Anonymousreply 370June 1, 2019 12:41 AM

R369 It's obviously important news!!! And I appreciate it very much

by Anonymousreply 371June 1, 2019 12:45 AM

R369

We're blessed to be living in the era of Thirst Trap Hanyu. Even if he's doing it because he knows the footage can be controlled.

by Anonymousreply 372June 1, 2019 12:54 AM

Hopefully, by the time FAOI gets to Toyama, we'll see ass crack.

by Anonymousreply 373June 1, 2019 1:10 AM

I didn't realize how tiny Arakawa was. This woman has a year old kid. Ando is probably very small in real life, but Arakawa makes her look like one of Raf's proverbial barnyard animals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374June 1, 2019 1:32 AM

Arakawa and Ando are both gorgeous. Compared to fat and lazy Americans, they are goddesses.

by Anonymousreply 375June 1, 2019 1:45 AM

Someone tweeted that the grandma gave their kid these as presents with nary a reason given for the rather...eclectic...selection. Someone needs to notify the grandma that if she's trying to be cryptic, she's not exactly doing a bang up job at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376June 1, 2019 2:19 AM

R376 What is that book and is the main character a butt?

by Anonymousreply 377June 1, 2019 2:23 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378June 1, 2019 2:58 AM

R378 LMAO, you've just made my day. I'm going to order the translated version for a friend's kid.

by Anonymousreply 379June 1, 2019 3:17 AM

Wait, I misread it - there is no translated version of The Butt Detective. Wahhh! JDC...if you have some time on your hands...

by Anonymousreply 380June 1, 2019 3:24 AM

Saw someone tweet that there are fans camping outside Hanyu's home, but it wasn't clear where they got it from. Anyone else seen people talking about this? Seems hardcore, even for Hanyu fans.

by Anonymousreply 381June 1, 2019 3:34 AM

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR DL!!

Alexia Paganini's 2019-2020 short program will be a "16 Tons" and "Bei Mir Bist Du Schön" medley, choreographed by Misha Ge.

by Anonymousreply 382June 1, 2019 4:12 AM

I’ve finally relocated the original tweet that talked about Hanyu watching Zagitova. It was retweeted by many and the tweeter has thousands of followers, so I don’t know why it hasn’t made its way to the English side. It was made before Makuhari aired, so the fan (a Hanyu fan, not Zagitova fan) couldn’t have known Hanyu would appear in the broadcast during Carmen. She sat next to the staff entrance and could see skaters coming and going. Hanyu suddenly showed up and rested his chin on Oda’s shoulder during Carmen. He and Oda talked to each other as they watched the performance, and he was really into the violin and moving his body, then sort of head-banged and air-guitared. He made a motion when Zagitova jumped and clapped with his arms up high while the audience gave the performance a standing ovation. He left immediately after and was wearing a backpack and carrying his suitcase.

After the intermission, Miyahara came out to watch Flamenco on Ice. Zagitova watched Flamenco through Kihira’s performance. Buttle came and went.

You can see a reporter getting ready to interview skaters in Martiusheva’s IG with Miyahara, so there should be interview footage from yesterday that hasn’t aired yet.

R380 They have an anime now on NHK's ETV (educational) channel. Look for おしりたんてい. That might actually have an official English translation.

r381 That tweeter said her taxi driver told her that Hanyu fans have a positive reputation in Snedai for their good manners and no trash was left behind at the parade last year. But he also said that he heard Hanyu can’t go home this time because there are people hanging around his place. The driver and tweet didn’t specify that these people were fans. Paparazzi have been waiting at his home and the venue. Of course, there could also be crazy fans trying to find him.

Tweet about Hanyu watching Zagitova’s Carmen:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 1, 2019 5:08 AM

This is the tweet about the taxi driver saying some people have been hanging around Hanyu's home:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384June 1, 2019 5:30 AM

R383 Thanks so much - you're right, there are quite a few English sub videos of The Butt Detective. He has a little dog/sidekick named "Brown" and his catchphrase before he apprehends criminals with a gaseous cloud is: "Pardon me while I poot in your face." I don't know if this is the theme song for the show or not, but it's hilarious. I would have loved this as a kid. What kid wouldn't?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385June 1, 2019 5:45 AM

Wonder why Yuzu refused to be lifted this time in Sendai. Afraid of appearing not masculine enough in front of his hometown including probably his family and many people who knew him personally?

Fans and paparazzi who camp near his home should be arrested and spend a few days in a jail cell to calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 386June 1, 2019 7:42 AM

I can't remember exactly - but somehow Hanyu let it be known that it was painful holding himself in air position after being lifted at Pyeongchang. It may have been an interview - that his arms starting burning or hurting? I think with those overhead lifts, the women usually put their hand over their pubic bone, and the guy puts his hand on her hand, so it looks like she's holding herself up by her own strength, but she's not. Does that make sense? For obvious reasons, two men don't do it that way lol.

But holding your own bodyweight aloft takes almost as much strength as somebody else holding you up there. Oh something like that. Now it's such a vague memory but every since he said that, when I see the pairs doing the overhead lifts, I think about what he said and watch how they technically do it.

by Anonymousreply 387June 1, 2019 7:56 AM

ole!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388June 1, 2019 8:31 AM

R382 I knew Alexia wouldn't disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 389June 1, 2019 8:38 AM

I love this bitchy comment on GoldenSkate:

"What is this trend over the past few years for teenage girls to skate to a song that's half miner's boast and half labour rights anthem, usually in either frilly frocks or inappropriately slinky catsuits? Thankfully, this being Paganini, whatever she might end up doing on the ice I'll have forgotten it before she's even finished moving. "

by Anonymousreply 390June 1, 2019 8:43 AM

Bags under her eyes look better, could be photoshopped. Why do I doubt she actually uses these low end products

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391June 1, 2019 12:01 PM

R391 heavy filters are pretty obvious

by Anonymousreply 392June 1, 2019 12:58 PM

Yuzu with his favourite Javi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393June 1, 2019 1:01 PM

Hanyu tried to show his back again as he left but couldn’t get the zipper to work. #failedslut

by Anonymousreply 394June 1, 2019 2:58 PM

Ayayai Yuzuru what are you doing

by Anonymousreply 395June 1, 2019 3:15 PM

R391 I can't believe 1.31 points is the difference between a Shiseido contract and hawking diuretics and mail order creams from your bedroom. That must burn.

by Anonymousreply 396June 1, 2019 3:27 PM

R396 You're starting to make me feel a tiny bit sorry for Med. LOL

by Anonymousreply 397June 1, 2019 4:59 PM

Nah Med wouldn’t have scored the Shiseido contract even had she won gold. So there’s no loss on her part there. Altho, perhaps her agent would be less desperate in seeking these mail order PR deals.

by Anonymousreply 398June 1, 2019 5:05 PM

Why not, R398? Because she's perceived as trashy?

by Anonymousreply 399June 1, 2019 8:17 PM

Part of Zag's appeal is her dog. I don't think they would have gifted a dog to Med anyway.

by Anonymousreply 400June 1, 2019 8:35 PM

TSL 6/1 – Part 1 – “Yuzuru Hanyu’s 2019 FAOI...羽生結弦” - 3 Adam Rippon’s book coming out in the fall: “Beautiful on the Outside.” Adam was sweet to Dave’s mom Debbie at ‘book festival’ which J said endeared Adam to him more than previously. 6 D read Weir’s book and he figured out which pairs boys Weir had hooked up with using the clues =“mind-blowing”. D thinks Hamilton’s book “Landing It” is one of the greatest – so revealing about personalities. They love “Second Mark” bec of scoops about cultural differences. 15 D wants a TSL meetup in Vegas for Skate America (J’s going too). Some weird defensive stuff about “They have no power over me!” (critical fans?) Lots about their Patreon videos (Albertville etc) 22 D: We ought to do an audio version of Toller C’s book where he talks shit about everyone plus the one on John Curry that got pulled from the shelves. 24 Discussing some German who writes them w/scoops like about Tatjana Flade (because the Germans just don’t care – they’ll tell you the truth) 25 Vanessa James is doing “Battle of the Blades” which is why they’re not doing Senior Bs/early GPs 30 TSL’s old interview w/Vanessa James still getting hits [she empties her closet showing D her jumpsuits] – D&J love following her on social media – her friendships w/Guillaume, Meite etc. Lots about James/Cipres. 36 About Vanessa’s show, D: “Don’t Johnny Weir this and phone it in.” 38 J upset that “his girl Tsurkaya” is retiring.

by Anonymousreply 401June 1, 2019 10:54 PM

TSL 6/1 – Part 2 – 43 FAOI Adam’s much better than Weir, who schticks it up – that’s his whole career, like a Liberace persona, “I let myself be that token.” He doesn’t skate w/his soul but he’s capable of it. D: I think he’s got some Nancy Kerrigan psychological issues, but he cd have been one of greatest artists of all time. Why did he phone it in when skating as Jesus? 47 Hanyu loves Weir & Plush so that’s why they’re there. 48 D doesn’t like Toshi music but Hanyu skates w/so much pizzazz & he’s such a stylist and performer, such drama w/Masquerade: he knows what the audience wants, J: It was fabulous – that old razzmatazz – like, set it up, release it, it totally worked, D: so he knows how to be like Plush where he’s at 11 for 90% of the prog. J loved the exciting start. D: He gives you subtle; then he gives you masculine – such a mix when he skates. 50 He wears these blouses – you know, he should have a women’s clothing line in Japan, but then here comes the raw macho King. J compared Hanyu to Michael Jackson: what swagger to stand there and taken in the applause. D: “He has more swagger than Nathan in a performance like this. I hope Nathan grows that.” J: Nathan has a seriousness. D: Nathan has a swagger about the tech but Hanyu has it about everything. It makes him captivating. J: “It’s a vigor – something virile.” 52 Crystal Memories: D: Wasn’t feeling this as much. J: Me neither. They hated singer’s English (J thought he was singing “Crystal Meth”) D hated costume. D: But he’s working that quad Lutz again! Brilliant. WTT is beneath him now. [more to come, after a break]

by Anonymousreply 402June 1, 2019 10:55 PM

[quote] compared Hanyu to Michael Jackson

Lol, ouch.

Do they know Hanyu doesn't actually run FaoI? Adam Rippon only wishes he were as admired as Weir.

by Anonymousreply 403June 1, 2019 11:10 PM

yes, my book is soon out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 1, 2019 11:11 PM

r402 What's the scoop about Tatjana Flade? The book thing or something else?

r404 I usually dig glasses and I consider Rippon's face one of the arguments for the existence of God but that combo is just horrible.

by Anonymousreply 405June 1, 2019 11:16 PM

TSL 6/1 – Part 3 - 55 D: Let’s talk about our girls: Satoko debuted Benoit prog. She and Rika need their inner drag queen to show up; Satoko was trying. Footwork seq looked too effortful. J loves the opening arms but both thought her jumps were worse than ever; D worries this is her last season of relevance: J: She didn’t leave the ice for the 3Lo; D: The Lutz was terrible. 1.04 They want a Tonya vs Midori showdown (Ge shd choreograph for Tonya & Instagram everything) 1.07 Rika needs to visit Shae more to bring out personality in Baghdad number. Maybe Mie Hamada’s been watching Sex & the City 2 and is opening up. J didn’t like Rika’s “elevator music” 1.10 D brings up Hanyu being hell-bent on getting that 4Lz: “You go Hanyu!!” J And in the intro everybody else is doing a sit-spin and Hanyu does a 4T! 1.13 Flamenco D: Ten flippin’ minutes long! But glad Javi now has a flair for production.theatre. Raya cd have a career as “hot chorus boy”. 1.16 J: Javi + dancer on stage was almost homoerotic. D: I was here for it! 1.18 D: Gabby is going to give us an OTT Celine Dion: wind in the hair/fake nails, a Radionova Titanic vibe to it, whether or not it’s planned. 1.20 Vincent w/Shae: cd be fun. J: Anything to unlock his body. Alexa/Chris doing Beyonce – Alaine vs. Larkyn (D: as chorus girl next to Raya. Larkyn cd be such a fag-hag performer.”) Knierems w/Benoit for both progs. 1.27 Cain/LeDuc are using the same FS music - and they’re working with Ge for SP.

by Anonymousreply 406June 2, 2019 12:52 AM

TSL 6/1 – Part 4 - 1.29 Midori Ito appeared at Adult Worlds @49, still pushing herself w/the doubles. “Obviously an interesting, crazy skater, which we love...like Meagan Duhamel there is no extension and no toe point but she loves skating!” They have wishlist for other olders: Kristi/Rudy doing adult pairs, etc. 1.35 Reaction about Bridget coming forward about Coughlin. Ppl’s responses are disturbing. What’s on her page demonstrates the whole skating culture is sick. Callaghan abuse of Craig/cover-up -Tara, John’s agent and Craig’s wife, calling Bridget “crazy” - Craig & Bridget have the same lawyer so Tara may have damaged her husband’s case. 1.37 Skating has learned nothing from gymnastics Nasser scandal. Telling that a lot of John’s partners took their social media down during this – many skaters who jumped to his defense bec they like him shd have kept quiet… Pair boys are in such demand that they feel entitled (and others allow this)… Lynch mob mentality on Bridget’s page – even Russian bots attacking. 1.46 D: “One day I’ll talk about why I took my YT channel down for 5 days – it wasn’t about the skating, people!” (they got linked with right-wing video?) 1.48 Adult skater William Tran made it to Jeopardy. D&J talk about what game shows they’d like to be on. D’s: Legend of Hidden Temple; J’s fav: MXC, dubbed Japanese tv show, trying to cross moats on big blocks, etc. D: We cd get Meagan and Aljona to train us to do Amazing Race… END

by Anonymousreply 407June 2, 2019 12:52 AM

So I guess this is that obligatory praise Hanyu video that TSL has to do sometimes to appease and pull in the naive Fanyus.

by Anonymousreply 408June 2, 2019 1:10 AM

CM isn't as eye-catching as Masquerade because it is a "typically" lyrical Hanyu program, I dislike the costume and am not crazy about the music. However, it is so fluid and parts of it are so touchingly beautiful they make me teary, and I'm not a teary kind of guy.

by Anonymousreply 409June 2, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote] What's the scoop about Tatjana Flade? The book thing or something else?

I was so confused! To really do it justice, somebody else needs to listen to them at minute 24 about the German lady who writes to both Dave and Jonathan - and she told them something about Tatjana Flade? (I think that was the gist of it). But I have no idea which German was the one who tells the truth - or is Flade German? Anyway, like I said, I was confused. This episode was harder than most. Dave was manic - excited, sarcastic/flippant, all over the map - 2 whole hours, whew!

[quote] So I guess this is that obligatory praise Hanyu video that TSL has to do sometimes to appease and pull in the naive Fanyus.

And this is the second video in a row that they put Hanyu's name in Japanese. They're definitely making amends to his fanbase (though in the last one, Dave threw some heavy shade on the "touchy defensive" fans - not his exact words I don't thing, but it was very clear what he meant. Eyes rolling out of his head as he exclaimed, "He was feeling full Phantom & the Japanese fans were behind it!")

R409, I'll probably come onboard later, but I don't like the costume or music either, so I'm not there yet - I miss Notte Stellata, so I do love that side of Yuzu, so I'll probably succumb. I never did get into the pink jellyfish number though (sorry to offend - I can never remember the name of it!) That top was just too OTT for me - hitting Weir territory. (But I still consider myself an uber - Masquerade makes me weak in the knees lol)

by Anonymousreply 410June 2, 2019 1:30 AM

R410 thank you again and again for taking one for the dL team. If I had to listen to D for 2 hours I’d have one eye, cause I would have shot the other.

by Anonymousreply 411June 2, 2019 1:44 AM

You're welcome, R411. I enjoy it, for the most part, but this one was difficult to summarize - so many tangents.

[quote] Do they know Hanyu doesn't actually run FaoI? Adam Rippon only wishes he were as admired as Weir.

Oh, probably they know, but they take a lot of poetic license when they talk about this stuff - and just watching FAOI, it sure seems like it's Hanyu's show (and they want to use him name as prominently as possible in the titles when they can - more than ever this year).

I love Johnny (and not so much Adam), so I know what you mean. But I do get a little weary of how extreme Johnny can be - and like Dave, I worry about his psychological situation. Following him on social media, he seems a bit lost lately - the empty house out in the country, on a farm - the weird video announcing he'd quit in 2022 unlike those losers who just want to pick up a check, all his female 'besties' that he dotes on and talks about endlessly (now it's apparently Med at FAOI). The boy worries me. Oh and in that rambling shirtless woe-is-me video, he talked about wanting to settle down and have kids, lol! OK, Johnny, I guess if Elton can start a family - you can too.

by Anonymousreply 412June 2, 2019 1:54 AM

R410 I didn't like CM at first and I wasn't even wild about Masquerade. But I saw something going around Twitter to the effect of, Masquerade is a program that looks hot/fiery but is actually cold in a way, and CM has an icy aesthetic but is actually warm and welcoming. CM is about connection and Masquerade is about separation. It made me think more about both individually and as a set, and now I like them.

by Anonymousreply 413June 2, 2019 1:56 AM

I liked what someone said, here I think, about Yuzuru throwing down the gauntlet (to Nathan - to regain his Worlds title and preeminence - to regain his tech equality by bringing back 4Lz). I mean it pisses me off that Nathan gets PCS he doesn't deserve, which puts Yuzuru on the defensive more than he should be, with having to match the quads because they don't give him the edge he deserves on the artistry side... but anyway, after that was pointed out, the program makes a lot of sense as the kick-off to 2019-20.

Also facing down his demons (and tying up a loose end) - wearing red, for the first time since CoC. As usual with him, there's a lot of meaning to almost every little detail.

by Anonymousreply 414June 2, 2019 2:07 AM

R413 That is very interesting because his face and mannerisms are completely cool and even "detached" in Masquerade despite the fieriness of the skating. His face during CM and how he sings to the lyrics are just so natural and tranquil, it makes you feel like you're watching in on a very private moment.

by Anonymousreply 415June 2, 2019 2:14 AM

I think the gauntlet was to the isu. It’s annoying that Nathan gets a PCS that he doesn’t deserve and the GOE‘s for small jumps without hitting bullets, but it’s the ISU fucking with Hanyu, not Chen. He’s just the beneficiary. Unfortunately for him he’s going to be known as the skater that got the accolades without the performances

by Anonymousreply 416June 2, 2019 2:15 AM

Has Satoko's jumps gotten worse? I must confess, I watched her program only once and was too scared to look too closely at the jumps because I knew it would ruin my enjoyment of her skating. I'm not wild about the new program though.

by Anonymousreply 417June 2, 2019 2:17 AM

Would also like to express my deepest and sincerest gratitude to the TSL Troll, as you couldn't pay me to listen to them even if they were to dedicate their entire show to singing Hanyu praises and are actually sincere about it. I love Hanyu and his skating to the moon and back and I would travel to the other side of the globe to see him compete if I had the funds for it (I hate long distance travel) but I wouldn't put myself through this even for him.

My tolerance of them is so low, I wasn't able to keep from rolling my eyes even when seeing them talk about him in a positive light in summary form.

by Anonymousreply 418June 2, 2019 2:19 AM

Plushenko was spotted at the bathhouse. (He was also spotted at the convenience store, but he’s always spotted at the convenience store.) Don’t worry, the tweeter didn’t describe his bod,y but did say he had an amazing aura. Someone else mentioned that the kamaboko lady in Sendai said her son once saw Hanyu at the bathhouse as well, though that was probably years ago. (He can at least visit hot springs privately.)

R401 Thank you for the summary. I wonder if they’re referring to a different Flade book or they’re not aware that Ice Interview is just a compilation of interviews with Hanyu and Orser only. They also didn’t seem to be aware that there was controversy with Flade and her book sales have been canceled in Japan. As for the crazy fans, they've indicated that they've had more trouble with the Virtue/Moir fans than Hanyu fans, especially since they criticized the TYCT. But if they were taking about Skate America, they're likely referring to American fans, possibly the Coughlin supporters who forced them to cancel attending nationals.

R415 She looked like she’d forgotten some of the choreography at times and was wobbly, and not just on jumps, if I remember correctly. I think both her and Kihira have spent more of the off season in Canada and Colorado working on their FS. They go to Champery next month for time with Ghislain and Lambiel.

by Anonymousreply 419June 2, 2019 3:12 AM

Thanks, JDC. It was more the last video than this one, but D seemed particularly exasperated w/Hanyu fans, saying they jump down your throat if you say the least little thing they don't like. So the whole discussion of the snippets they'd seen at that time of "Phantom" was fake/exaggerated praise, with eyeballs rolling out of their head - this time, it seemed mostly sincere (but with D, who knows? anything for clicks - he's a total Hanyu uber at this point)

by Anonymousreply 420June 2, 2019 7:44 AM

[quote] But if they were taking about Skate America, they're likely referring to American fans, possibly the Coughlin supporters who forced them to cancel attending nationals.

But of course - you're right. At the end, Dave talked about how fans were gunning for them and he had to shut down his youtube channel for a week - people somehow used right-wing bots or tied them in w/a scandalous video. Anyway, it got very ugly. Dave's upset about some other skaters' behavior too, standing up for John despite knowing there were multiple women involved - they didn't care to know the facts because they liked their friend, so screw (and attack) the victims. He and Jonathan were really horrified by the blind allegiance to John (and the culture of blaming the girls)

by Anonymousreply 421June 2, 2019 8:00 AM

Why is there no ice show this year with both Yuzuru Hanyu and Shoma Uno?

by Anonymousreply 422June 2, 2019 9:18 AM

Was there any last year, or the year before?

by Anonymousreply 423June 2, 2019 10:59 AM

Is it just me or Yuzu looks like a girl here? Was his face ps'ed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424June 2, 2019 12:22 PM

If I were the staff in charge of the ice rink for faoi Sendai I would be ashamed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 2, 2019 12:29 PM

He looks like a perfect little twink. Dreamy... I bet Toshl likes the look too, no less than Yuzu likes his t-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 426June 2, 2019 12:54 PM

R421 Dave is horrified by the behavior of other skaters? That's rich coming from the Abby Lee Miller of figure skating.

by Anonymousreply 427June 2, 2019 1:01 PM

R425 is that why he fucked the 3A and could only do 1Lz? I swear these attempts are stressing me out

by Anonymousreply 428June 2, 2019 1:02 PM

R428 Apparently everyone fucked up their jumps because of the ice.

by Anonymousreply 429June 2, 2019 1:13 PM

R429 Damn. Hopefully nobody got injured. In other news, slutty Yuzuru strikes again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 2, 2019 1:21 PM

R422 Hanyu only does FaOI and Uno stopped doing that show after he took over The Ice from Mao last year. (H&F was a one-time show.) Uno's team is trying to get him to take more responsibility and be independent. Uno is also doing ATS, which is next weekend, and he's in every other Japanese ice show but DOI, so he has has a packed schedule.

R428 That and Hanyu was over-rotating and supposedly jumped as high as he ever has, so fans speculate it might also have to do with the 4A.

R430 He also rolled up his shirt, and Moir spanked Plushenko apparently. Hanyu and Toshi also threw a little shade at Makabe, implying he'd been complaining that they took too much time yesterday. Hanyu also called out Makabe by name and told him to hold the show somewhere in Sendai again.

by Anonymousreply 431June 2, 2019 1:47 PM

Agree, Hanyu and Toshi took too long. Makabe usually get job done in 40 seconds or less.

by Anonymousreply 432June 2, 2019 2:02 PM

R396 During the 2016-2017 season while Medvedeva was the reigning world champion, Kose chose to make Gracie Gold their spokesmodel. Gold was fourth at Worlds that year and also placed fourth at the Sochi Olympics. Med is sponsored by P&G and Nike in Russia, has The Answer’s full backing, and her team has been trying to court the Japanese market since 2015. If she was going to land a big sponsor like Shiseido, she would’ve landed one even with a silver Olympic medal.

r420 r421 Thank you. Were they suggesting someone who knew Coughlin organized the bots, or was it regular internet trolls taking advantage?

r432 Ando, did Laura get in your way of your 40 seconds with Fernandez this time? There's been no photo of just the two of you.

by Anonymousreply 433June 2, 2019 2:18 PM

r424 He does. And Toshi looks like a woman. Must be a Japanese thing.

by Anonymousreply 434June 2, 2019 2:28 PM

R433 Laura has tight grip but I making my way to Fernandez. He'll be posting old pics of IG GF by time bus reach destination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 2, 2019 2:29 PM

R431 Jfc only Hanyu would attempt a 4A on shitty ice.

by Anonymousreply 436June 2, 2019 2:31 PM

R436 I doubt he was attempting the 4A, more likely that he's training the 4A so he's overrotating his 3As.

by Anonymousreply 437June 2, 2019 2:44 PM

[quote] Were they suggesting someone who knew Coughlin organized the bots, or was it regular internet trolls taking advantage?

R433 - Dave didn't say. He was talking about the cruel responses on Bridget's page (FB I guess - maybe IG), and he said some of them were Russian bots.

I don't really understand what he was talking about. Also, when he had to shut down his YT channel for 5 days - he said he had been linked to a right-wing video. It was way at the end (1 hr 46 mins) and I'm too un-savvy to figure out what he meant. But he seemed very rattled by the whole experience.

This 'may' have been related to him talking about the fan get-together at Vegas he was thinking about (early in video) - "They have no power over me!" I guess he meant anti's from the general public - but I wonder if he even meant skaters who might be pissed off at him for calling them out for supporting Coughlin.

by Anonymousreply 438June 2, 2019 2:56 PM

I getting closer and closer. Now only one skinny (not attractive look, I think) Russian girl between me and bathroom quickie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439June 2, 2019 2:56 PM

How can Miki Ando look so ugly ?

by Anonymousreply 440June 2, 2019 4:02 PM

Ah, Ando's a beauty. I love her ears. And the lady-like way she's sitting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441June 2, 2019 4:37 PM

Ando looks biker gang rough.

by Anonymousreply 442June 2, 2019 4:45 PM

Why isn't Junhwan Cha in the Korean ice show that I think starts next weekend? (Javi is switching over to it)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443June 2, 2019 4:51 PM

R441 She eats half the pizza, drinks beer and and watches sports with the guys. Loves blowjobs, also. Perfect girl for the dudebros.

by Anonymousreply 444June 2, 2019 4:51 PM

C/L are finished with FAOI Who's Yuzu gonna dip now? Tessa VIrtue?

by Anonymousreply 445June 2, 2019 4:56 PM

Two versions of Yuzu's improving (?) dip technique:

"Yuzu’s forehead touched Anna’s so his face got closer (he’s getting better at it)" - "during ending pose, yuzu's face was too close with anna and he was seen bowing deeply towards her afterwards (probably shy?) but it was cute. he looks like a deer caught in a headlight"

I bet he's heartbroken that Med's already taken - by Jeffrey Buttle. I'm sure she was thrilled by that. (Did Jeffrey choreograph this - and pick the couples himself?)

Also, Javi won't be there to dance with Tuk next week. Maybe they'll drop the four-couples part?

by Anonymousreply 446June 2, 2019 5:02 PM

R445 They will have new opening and finale number for the 2nd half of the tour. We should be expecting new sets of costumes too.

by Anonymousreply 447June 2, 2019 5:03 PM

R445 Hopefully no one and they just drop that dumb obligatory straight number for the remaining dates of the show. It never fails to amaze me how a sport like fs can still be so awfully conservative and heteronormative.

by Anonymousreply 448June 2, 2019 5:05 PM

R448 Hilarious when you think that number was choreographed by two gays.

by Anonymousreply 449June 2, 2019 8:14 PM

Disappointedly lack of videos from Sendai. Damn, they can keep a secret.

by Anonymousreply 450June 2, 2019 9:25 PM

Is anyone going to read Adam's book? I am finding him insufferable lately. He's like all the worst traits of millenials presenting in one person.

by Anonymousreply 451June 2, 2019 9:38 PM

R451 not unless it contains serious dirt about other people. Adam himself is not that interesting. His YT channel is annoying, or at least the parts of it I've seen. He thinks he's a lot more clever and witty than he actually is.

by Anonymousreply 452June 2, 2019 9:59 PM

I don't think Adam will spill any tea. He defended Stabbing Mariah, after all. And has he said anything about abuse in FS when the topic was hot?

by Anonymousreply 453June 2, 2019 10:52 PM

R453 maybe he will spin some tea on Lim

by Anonymousreply 454June 2, 2019 11:00 PM

Can someone remind me what Rippon actually accomplished as a figure skater? YouTube channels are the equivalent of dancing with the stars for “D” listers. Put Daleman on that list too. I’m still a bit annoyed that her stupid team medal fucked up Yuzu’s plaque placement at TCC.

by Anonymousreply 455June 2, 2019 11:26 PM

Daleman won a bronze medal at 2017 Worlds, the same Worlds where Karen Chen finished fourth. This resulted in both of them getting a lot of undeserved praise going forward.

by Anonymousreply 456June 2, 2019 11:36 PM

Rippon is a 2x junior world champion lol

by Anonymousreply 457June 2, 2019 11:41 PM

He has the Rippon Lutz, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 458June 2, 2019 11:58 PM

R455 And it kicked Javi over to the next section of plaques, so he and Yuzu aren’t together. Although true fans of the sport know that “[they] are always together.”

Other than the horrendous Carmen version she’s used for her SP, I bear no ill tidings toward Gabby. Clearly, she has been going through some dark shit. But I’m not a fan of the team event at the Olympics, because I predict it will be a Canada/Russia/USA podium (in whatever order) forever and ever.

by Anonymousreply 459June 3, 2019 12:18 AM

They should get rid of all the team events, it’s a stupid concept.

by Anonymousreply 460June 3, 2019 12:36 AM

No Yuzuvier moment this year. Not even a hug. I'm bummed.

by Anonymousreply 461June 3, 2019 2:02 AM

Yuzu and me are not friends. How many more times do I gotta say?!

by Anonymousreply 462June 3, 2019 2:48 AM

I just use Yuzu to be more popular in Japan, just like I use Miki. Deep down , I hate Yuzu. He beat me two times in Barcelona. He knows that’s my town. I never forgive him.

by Anonymousreply 463June 3, 2019 3:55 AM

I don't understand the sentiment among some Fanyus that if you like Hanyu, you should also like his "friends." I tolerated Fernandez because he seemed like a cool guy before his life mission to appear hetero took over, but Ge and Med I could never get into, and why should I? I also hated their skating. I wonder if Fanyus are still going around claiming to support Hanyu's besties and protect their "friendship" despite the recent distance between them.

by Anonymousreply 464June 3, 2019 4:17 AM

Is "friends" in quotes because he actually doesn't have any? His nutty fanyus consider them all hangers-on anyway no matter what. Nobody understands him or respects him as much as the creepy internet stans, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 465June 3, 2019 4:59 AM

Uno just announced leaving his skating club and immediately training overseas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466June 3, 2019 7:18 AM

Holy shit. Any leaks on where he might possibly be moving to? Wasn't there a rumor about a Japanese working with Eteri earlier?

by Anonymousreply 467June 3, 2019 7:25 AM

Does leaving his skating club also mean changing coaches?

by Anonymousreply 468June 3, 2019 7:32 AM

His coach was supposed to choreograph his SP and FS, but this may mean he'll be getting new programs from a different choreographer now that Higuchi and Yamada won't be coaching him anymore.

R467 Well, what Gallagher actually tweeted was that a Japanese skater was looking to work (as a coach or trainer) for/with Eteri's coach. Gallagher's Japanese is iffy, so it's possible what he actually meant to say was someone is considering training with Eteri, but we don't know because he didn't carify. Eteri isn't known for her senior men and I think a move to Russia might be too difficult. Someone in North America, such as Raf, seems more likely. Hopefully not Morozov.

R468 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 469June 3, 2019 7:34 AM

r469 What's the likelihood of Shoma going to Raf though? Brian somehow made Yuzu and Javi work but they were not top 3 in the world when they started. Nathan is physically not there for most ochre time but I think he would play second fiddle to Nathan anyway. On the other hand that would throw a wrench into Gogo's parents' "he needs more attention" plan so it'd be funny.

Other than Raf, where cold he go? Somehow I can't see Brian taking him on. Zakrajsek? Shoma's tech plus Zakrajsek's coaching equals stiff of nightmares. Lambiel doesn't have the best track. Morozov? Eteri? Mishin?

by Anonymousreply 470June 3, 2019 8:25 AM

I think Shoma wants "quad lutz' + extra candies = Eteri. They have a summer camp soon BTW and Gleikh earlier said that they plan to work with some "Japanese skater" next season so... I think the probability is high it is Eteri. Dudakov is an expert on cheated techniques so this is a match made in Heaven. Next season is going to be even more entertaining than this one, I feel...

by Anonymousreply 471June 3, 2019 8:28 AM

r471 So do you think Yuzu should jump for joy or shake with fear regarding Japanese nationals?

by Anonymousreply 472June 3, 2019 9:16 AM

R455, Adam was the US champion in 2016 and the second out US man (other than Rudy Galindo) to win. IMO he was incredible lucky to beat Max Aaron and Nathan Chen with zero quads.

Adam really should start training again and do ice shows, I think the public will tire of him as a media personality. He doesn't have the resume to make it unless he can make an OGM his BFF like Johnny Weir. (And Johnny is a multiple world medalist with a more accomplished career than Adam.)

by Anonymousreply 473June 3, 2019 9:53 AM

R471 You beat me to it. If Uno goes to Eteri, his cheated jumps are right up their alley and their forte. It'd be a match. Before Med to Orser, Eteri used to praise Hanyu and I didn't know if she cared about Uno. The PR the Eteri team would do on his behalf would be as polarizing as Orser's PR for Med.

I do think Uno is moving because he wants a jump coach, and that like Hanyu and his previous Japanese coach, this was a mutual agreement between coach and student for his growth.

by Anonymousreply 474June 3, 2019 11:09 AM

Found a very enlightening confession on tumblr today. Nitpicking programs and complaints about overscoring didn't start until Chen, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475June 3, 2019 12:12 PM

This is exciting - no matter where he goes. And I do love Fluffy.

We criticize Hanyu's English - but the only thing I've ever heard Shoma even try to say is "Thank you very much". And he said he had no idea what Javi and Yuzu were saying to each other in that hug before the medal ceremony at Pyeongchang because he didn't speak English.

But with Hanyu ageing out, so to speak, maybe the Japanese fed will send an interpreter with Shoma - like the Chinese were reportedly going to do for Boyang when he was going to Orser for a hot minute.

by Anonymousreply 476June 3, 2019 12:13 PM

* What am I thinking - if it's Eteri, it'll be Russian, not English. Though she lived in the US for a few years I think.

by Anonymousreply 477June 3, 2019 12:15 PM

Has Uno already decided and just hasn't announced or is he still shopping for a coach?

by Anonymousreply 478June 3, 2019 12:54 PM

I wonder if there was a pow wow between mom and fluffy.

by Anonymousreply 479June 3, 2019 12:58 PM

I think Mishin is more likely than Eteri. I don't see why Eteri would want or need the hassle of some dumpy little 21-year-old Japanese man with poor technique. She has a full house already. Shoma would not get much individual attention there either.

by Anonymousreply 480June 3, 2019 1:03 PM

Shoma will be coached by his mom.

by Anonymousreply 481June 3, 2019 1:20 PM

Oh I don't nkow R480. I don't think you ever have enough ego-gratification, if you're a certain type, ahem. She's seemed awfully gleeful when Tursy hit that quad and got that silver medal at Worlds.

by Anonymousreply 482June 3, 2019 1:31 PM

R480 Is the exact same argument before Orser took on Med, despite having a potential OGM (Gogo) in his stable. Maybe Eteri wants a hasbeen medalist male skater just like Orser took on Med to fill out his female skaters quota.

by Anonymousreply 483June 3, 2019 1:32 PM

I wonder if Eteri would line Shoma up with her skinny girls and weigh him - soon we might see a skin-and-bones Shoko who's begging for water?

What a change from Fluffy to Eteri ai yi yi. Though seems like he has a drill sergeant mama, so maybe not so big a change after all.

by Anonymousreply 484June 3, 2019 1:34 PM

Can't imagine that it's Eteri. He already is an expert in cheated technique and has JSF for the PCS. Doesn't need a drastic change for that. I think it's Raf. Marin and her brother are already there and Raf has space. Two issues are he'll always be second banana to Nathan and they're direct rivals. These issues aren't inconsequential but when everyone is optimistic, they might seem surmountable. Nathan is gone for another academic year anyway so they'd be together less than 2 seasons before 2022.

by Anonymousreply 485June 3, 2019 1:44 PM

Who did Uno train with when he went to Chicago in previous summers?

by Anonymousreply 486June 3, 2019 1:52 PM

From someone on GS regarding Uno: "According to the RT participants, UNO will practice at various places such as overseas training camps starting this month and grasp the atmosphere, and then decide on a new coach and training base. https://twitter.com/hitsuji_one/stat...52724818898944. I sort of remember someone posted that at PIW, when asked about the camp, Shoma said he will go to three camps. So he probably will decide which coach to go to after trying out the three different places."

by Anonymousreply 487June 3, 2019 1:54 PM

R486, it was Alexander Ouriashev

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488June 3, 2019 1:57 PM

Erggg this is what I meant to link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489June 3, 2019 1:58 PM

I wish he'd go to Orser and work with Ghislain - I think it would be good for Yuzuru.

by Anonymousreply 490June 3, 2019 2:04 PM

R487 this seems like a recipe for disaster - announcing before you've even decided and where there are no ideal solutions. Uno himself is an odd bird who doesn't seem exactly adaptable to foreign environments.

R488 Thank you. The Hersh article describes Itsuki as a "field hockey player." Looks like Uno has been training with him since 2016.

R490 Orser looked like he was going to pass out from exhaustion last season so I don't think it's him. With his emphasis on image training I think Hanyu would have to close his eyes every time Uno jumps.

by Anonymousreply 491June 3, 2019 2:08 PM

R490 Why in the world would it be good for Yuzu?

by Anonymousreply 492June 3, 2019 2:16 PM

R490 I don't see how it'd be good for Hanyu? Hanyu has nothing to learn from Uno. If it's companionship or rivalry, no thanks. There's enough of ISU to deal with. And Uno doesn't need anymore coddling from Hanyu, and vice versa Hanyu doesn't need another Japanese skater for him to stay in his shell.

by Anonymousreply 493June 3, 2019 2:19 PM

It's one thing to train with a foreign rival, another to have your only real home country competition show up and expect to train with you. Fuck that. Shoma can find someone else to take on his little troll self.

by Anonymousreply 494June 3, 2019 2:30 PM

Is it possible for Shoma to fix his horrendous jumping technique? or is it too late

by Anonymousreply 495June 3, 2019 2:32 PM

Guess it's just me then. They just seem to be so happy, having fun, when they're together.

Anyway, I must be naive. I also don't think that Uno or Chen would have a problem training together. They both seem so meek and quiet. I think they'd enjoy working together, like Chen and Brezina seem to.

by Anonymousreply 496June 3, 2019 2:45 PM

A new arrival? Yummy

by Anonymousreply 497June 3, 2019 2:51 PM

Even if Uno and Chen don't have issues training with each other, I think their tiger mommas will.

by Anonymousreply 498June 3, 2019 2:59 PM

I have time to coacheograph Shoma since I refuse all ice shows.

by Anonymousreply 499June 3, 2019 3:25 PM

Shae did Uno's EX last season. Maybe that was a step towards her working with him and will choreo one of his programs this season. While she is very popular right now and is overused, I do think Uno needs a new choreographer so better her than the same old. If he's so set on having a Japanese choreographer and his roots, like some fans or perhaps he stated previously somewhere I can't remember, I don't see why he can't go to Miyamoto or Suzuki.

I'm a bit suprised Uno is going international. Even Hanyu who seems more put together needs mama Hanyu away from Japan. Uno would need even more living assistance. He also seems to need a lot of ice time because he over practices, so if he's going to a coach with many students I would see that as an issue.

by Anonymousreply 500June 3, 2019 6:01 PM

Scott Moir about Shoma: "He has such a great back" (he and Tessa want him to hold his head up more) - "He's a good looking kid, we want to see his face."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501June 3, 2019 6:07 PM

I agree with you, [R496]. Yuzu laughs so delightedly whenever he's with Shoma. I think he'd be very pleased to have his friend training with him. And they're the only Olympic medallists among the men currently competing (unless you count Dai), so I think Orser would be happy to have him, too.

by Anonymousreply 502June 3, 2019 8:12 PM

r502 But Itsuki is going with him, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 503June 3, 2019 8:48 PM

r502 i think Shoma deep down does not like being in Hanyu's shadow. His idol is Dai and Dai fan's wouldn't be too happy and probably pick on every little interaction between them. Hanyu does his caring thing with everyone he is around. I don't think he and Shoma have any extra or special relationship besides this.

by Anonymousreply 504June 3, 2019 8:52 PM

I hope Shoma goes to Eteri. It's so bizarre it'll be hilarious and so outrageous it just might work out for him.

by Anonymousreply 505June 3, 2019 8:54 PM

R504 My thoughts exactly. While Hanyu dotes on Uno, I think Uno likes Hanyu well enough but they aren't the best of friends that would consider each other beyond the ice and figure skating. Uno and Hanyu's childhood friendly-rival Keiji (who Hanyu also likes and smiles around) didn't even invite Hanyu to their little party after Worlds 2017. Having to stick together when you're in the same place is one thing, but neither would actively seek each other out, and not in this case when Uno is seeking sanctuary.

by Anonymousreply 506June 3, 2019 8:58 PM

R503 I think Itsuki and mom will go with Uno wherever he goes. That's why I'm betting on SoCal. They can go shopping and do daily pap walks for the Japanese reporters already stationed outside Ohtani's house. (Oh, I forgot, most importantly, I bet there will be more opportunities for Itsuki to further his field hockey career.) Itsuki and mom will not abide some dreary, frozen tundra province for Mishin or Eteri.

by Anonymousreply 507June 3, 2019 9:05 PM

Itsuki said recently that he was studying for college entrance exams, so I'm not sure he's planning to go with Shoma. I suppose everything is up in the air with them now.

[R506], Yuzu and Shoma haven't really been able to spend much time together before. I do see a particular warmth in their interactions, though, which bodes well if they were to be training mates. But of course this is all conjecture. I just see how Yuzu is feeling the absence of Javier, so I'd like to see him and Shoma supporting each other at this time.

by Anonymousreply 508June 3, 2019 9:20 PM

Hanyu partly chose TCC because of Javi and wanting to learn jump techniques and consistency. I think the best person for Hanyu at TCC as a training mate is Boyang (wishful thinking due to Chinese Fed). Hanyu could actually learn a few things from him. Hanyu has NOTHING to learn or gain from having Shoma around.

by Anonymousreply 509June 3, 2019 9:26 PM

I don't think Yuzu has anything to learn from Shoma, either. But having another Japanese man around --especially one he is already fond of--would probably be nice for him. That's enough for me to hope that Shoma goes to TCC. Boyang doesn't seem to be an option, as you say.

by Anonymousreply 510June 3, 2019 9:34 PM

We should think of it like this. What does Shoma want to learn (not what we think he SHOULD learn - what does he WANT to learn?) and who can he learn it from?

Shoma NEEDS better jump technique, more complicated choreography, and to be pushed out of his artistic comfort zone. Shoma WANTS confidence under pressure and a quad Lutz. He can learn these things from Nathan (who now has a consistency narrative around him even if it isn't really true) and the girls at Sambo. Raf or Eteri. It won't be Orser. JSF would be idiots to send their top 2 men to train overseas together and risk a rivalry that could throw them both off mentally.

by Anonymousreply 511June 3, 2019 9:46 PM

Is this DL or Planet Hanyu? I can't believe some of you actually think Yuzu would ever want Shoma as his training mate.

by Anonymousreply 512June 3, 2019 9:48 PM

So Orser takes on Med and the Chinese fed, and Gogo (or his parents) feel neglected and flounce. So now Raf takes on the Olympic silver medalist (while maintaining the World champ Chen in a complicated long-distance situation). And Stephen gets lost in the shuffle again?

It's still fun to think about, though I think it may end in tears. Speaking of which, is Eunsoo really going back to that toxic situation? I thought she would have announced a coaching change by now. Help her Yuna!

by Anonymousreply 513June 3, 2019 9:57 PM

Eunsoo still has one good calf.

by Anonymousreply 514June 3, 2019 10:00 PM

R513

[Quote]Help her Yuna

Please, Yuna and her mom/ATS are part of the reason why Lim is in this predicament in first place.

by Anonymousreply 515June 3, 2019 10:02 PM

You make good points, [R511]. But Nathan will be absent most of the time for the next academic year, at least. Shoma has been training alone for so long; he mentioned being excited to train alongside other top skaters.

by Anonymousreply 516June 3, 2019 10:03 PM

r511

Japan [quote]top 2 men

what abouuutt meee,peeee,meee. I waseee seconddzc at JNATZSZ,

by Anonymousreply 517June 3, 2019 10:04 PM

[quote] A new arrival? Yummy —Mariah

Yep. Fresh blood for our favorite slasher girl.

by Anonymousreply 518June 3, 2019 10:10 PM

R512 I don't get it either. Some of you are just too keen to find a new pet for Hanyu. I don't think he is at TCC to play and if Uno shows up he will be annoyed more than anything because he will be forced to socialize to some extent and can't use English as an excuse. "Solly, I not understanding what you mean when you say 'can we fucky in bathvroom after plactice'" might have worked on Javi but not on Uno.

by Anonymousreply 519June 3, 2019 10:12 PM

[quote] You make good points, [[R511]]. But Nathan will be absent most of the time for the next academic year, at least. Shoma has been training alone for so long; he mentioned being excited to train alongside other top skaters.

Well, there's Gogo, Brezina, Ponsart... uh, Marin Honda?

But how would Shoma fit in with all those quadster girls in Moscow? Are there any boys at all - other than Morisi?

by Anonymousreply 520June 3, 2019 10:13 PM

It’s possible Uno is just doing a short camp at Sambo (maybe even get choreography) but moving elsewhere. California would be an easier transition than Moscow or even Toronto, and Toyota has a rink there. Hopefully his non-jumping skills won’t deteriorate because he is a decent spinner and does have good skating skills compared to Chen and Zhou, even if his choreography hasn’t allowed him to use them to full potential.

R443 It’s an agency thing. Cha isn’t in Yuna’s agency (All That Sports) which does All That Skate.

R487 An inside source has told NHK the same, though they didn’t specify the number of camps. They also aren’t saying that his base will for sure be overseas now, but the team is looking into various locations, including outside Japan. He could do Kandai + an overseas rink, but I’m not sure how his university would fit in.

R496 If he went to TCC, Hanyu’s family would be expected to look after him and his mom. (It wouldn’t be like Brown helping Med.) It’d especially be a burden for Hanyu’s mom and interfere with Hanyu’s own training. And Hanyu isn’t a chatty person or sociable during training. (Neither is Uno.) Kurakova will be able to compete next season, so Orser will be even busier and he already lost Gogolev spending too much time with a new student. Uno is not an attention seeker, but he’s used to having his coach hold his hand at all times.

R507 Itsuki has stepped away from field hockey to focus on university entrance exams. But maybe he’ll be inspired by his brother to take his very successful modeling career to LA and even audition for some Hollywood movie roles!

by Anonymousreply 521June 3, 2019 10:14 PM

Thanks, JDC.

I don't know how these things work, but I was a bit surprised that Hanyu/Yumi didn't involve themselves with Shingo - at least apparently they didn't. His original host family didn't work out, and they found him a Japanese family in Toronto to live with.

by Anonymousreply 522June 3, 2019 10:23 PM

JDC, is it a given that Shoma's mother would relocate with him? They don't seem to have the same type of relationship the Hanyus do. Shoma will need somebody, of course, but are there are other options?

by Anonymousreply 523June 3, 2019 10:28 PM

Thank you R519 I always say Javier broke up with Yuzuru when he refused to bottom for him

by Anonymousreply 524June 3, 2019 10:29 PM

I like this translated interview with Yuzuru - he said he enjoyed being at home for a while, with his whole family, after the Olympics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525June 3, 2019 10:50 PM

There's another Japanese skater at TCC. If Hanyu wanted to be lovey dovey with someone from his own country, he has had the opportunity. No need to call Uno there. Hanyu isn't as in dire need of a bestie as fans like to think.

by Anonymousreply 526June 3, 2019 11:02 PM

R523 for fucks sake, is someone already starting to worry about Mama Uno’s sex life. LOL

by Anonymousreply 527June 3, 2019 11:06 PM

R527 And why isn't anyone asking after my sex life?

by Anonymousreply 528June 3, 2019 11:08 PM

[R528], We're assuming a top model like yourself is doing just fine, Itsuki!

by Anonymousreply 529June 3, 2019 11:16 PM

R525 Yuzu strongly resembles his Mama in that photo. He's very fortunate he inherited her good looks.

by Anonymousreply 530June 3, 2019 11:17 PM

He does look a lot like his mom. Have we ever seen what his dad and sister look like? Ive only seen pics of his sister from when Yuzu was little and ive never seen his dad before.

by Anonymousreply 531June 3, 2019 11:27 PM

[quote]They also aren’t saying that his base will for sure be overseas now, but the team is looking into various locations, including outside Japan. He could do Kandai + an overseas rink, but I’m not sure how his university would fit in.

Thanks JDC. This is what confuses me about the Uno announcement. I figured he would make some changes after last season. And I expected Uno to do something like you describe above - stay in Japan with Higuchi/Yamada but train for longer periods of time overseas on his jumps and choreography. However, since he announced the break with Higuchi/Yamada, is he planning to stay in Japan with a new coach AND find an overseas coach? Seems like a lot of changes all at once. When you say Kansai, is there talk of Uno moving to Hamada?

by Anonymousreply 532June 3, 2019 11:27 PM

R531 This is the only picture I've ever seen of Hanyu's dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533June 3, 2019 11:30 PM

it looks like the scene form mizoguchi picture

by Anonymousreply 534June 4, 2019 12:08 AM

R523 Nishiyama ended up at TCC on his own through his Japanese coach's relationship with Orser and his first host family was a friend of the coach. He'd already been spending his summers at the club since he's been with Coach Higuchi and I think they've been together since 2013. The situation might've been different if he'd been sent there by the JSF and was new. He's also in Japan a lot for school and his injury, and trains there part-time. He's cleaned up his IG and toned down his Hanyu-talk in interviews recently, but his fangirling might also be why Hanyu has kept his distance. Another possibility is that Nishiyama is avoiding mentioning Hanyu and his mom to keep people from approaching him for his Hanyu connections.

r523 Uno is even more dependent on his mother than Hanyu and he has a manager to take care of things for him. His mother is also a control freak, considered to be his secondary coach, and makes all of his decisions. She's always there, even when Itsuki is there.

r532 There's no talk of Hamada but a little speculation about Utako and the Kandai rink in general. Uno has only said that he's left his club/coaches, hasn't made a final decision about where he'll go next, and he's immediately going overseas for a camp (after ATS). Sports news first reported that he would be moving overseas, but after speaking to USM, revised their stories to say that he's considering the possibility of moving his training overseas while he's at his camps this summer.

r531 Hanyu's sister resembles brother and mom.

by Anonymousreply 535June 4, 2019 12:16 AM

r533 He's got his dad's nose!

by Anonymousreply 536June 4, 2019 12:20 AM

R535 Thanks again. There's talk of Uno moving to Dai's coach? I find that crazier than Hamada, frankly. She's an old has-been who's obsessed with one student and one student only. I don't see what she could do for Uno that Higuchi couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 537June 4, 2019 12:25 AM

Is Dai really going to compete in Japan again next year? He doesn’t have the TES for international so is this really his dream? Sounds a bit ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 538June 4, 2019 1:02 AM

A skater should never stop dreaming of attaining the TES minimum, r538

by Anonymousreply 539June 4, 2019 1:14 AM

I read this earlier today and can't stop thinking about how upset Yuzuru was at the last show in Sendai. He failed twice at the 3A during his EX and that visibly upset him -- and then, according that fan's account:

“...For the finale, he tried 3A again, and fell again, IIRC... at the end after kneeling and pointing to the others for cheers, he did bow his head to the ground. Then he skated towards the exit and actually Javi seemed to talk to him a bit, then he ran off, unzipping again as he walked...he came back in the tshirt, but stayed near the exit, sitting on the side of the stage and wiping himself with the towel and drinking water and that was a bit disturbing to see. He isolated himself from the others who were having fun showing off and tryig jumps, while he just sat there, trying to focus, but instead I think he just pressured himself even more. He just sat there until nobody went in front anymore, then he started skating around, I think he did 4 -5 laps if not more, before trying the first 4Lz.. I actually relaxed a bit when I saw the lutz entry. And then he popped it. It was no surprise really, he wasn't in the right mindframe to jump, but he's Yuzu so he'll jump anyway. Then he skated around some more, before finally trying again and another pop. Then he kind of went eff it and sped up and jumped at the other side of the rink and that's when he fell. It was sort of a stepout, but I think his hand also touched the ice.… Oh and during Yuzu's mad quest of 4Lz at the finale...I noticed both Javi and Plush watching very carefully. Everyone else was clapping to the rhythm, but Javi had sort of stopped mid clap and seemed very focused in watching and Plush even showed him some body movement, how to pull tight on take off, between attempts. I found that really nice. (There might have been others, too, but I only saw the two of them) ..."

The rest of the account is the 3rd post from top of this page at Planet Hanyu:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540June 4, 2019 2:01 AM

R540 lol, you make it sound like Hanyu had a fuckin breakdown. Chill PH, he’s been through more pressure than that an he did fine. Ok, he wanted to please the Sendai crowd, but really... it’s an ice show not the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 541June 4, 2019 3:43 AM

New thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542June 4, 2019 4:36 AM

oh dere

by Anonymousreply 543June 4, 2019 4:37 AM

R540 I agree that if it goes on, he will need an intervention. His obsession with jumping especially the 4lz on his bum ankle and with those terrible ice conditions is really stupid. People say he is an adult and an athlete and knows what he is doing but so many athletes and adult men and women do dumb shit because no one is telling them to stop. Now that he is 2 times OGM I assume it's even worse and literally no one is telling him off although they should.

by Anonymousreply 544June 4, 2019 5:45 AM

I just realized the reason Nathan's carriage looks so odd to me is that he's pigeon-breasted. He's always tits out with shoulders held back. See below - the first few seconds of Nemesis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545June 4, 2019 6:14 AM

^ was a pigeon. This is Nathan. Right? I can't be the only one who sees this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546June 4, 2019 6:15 AM

LoL. I remember being called immature and delusional by someone with a holier-than-thou complex a few threads back when I was weighing in on what I think the guy might do for next season based on his logic and what he's said in post-WC interviews and his track record for doing exactly what he says he'll do if he thinks he's healthy enough to attempt it. I did not suggest it based on whether or not I think it's right but that person said that Hanyu isn't as immature as that and was only spouting his ambitions in the heat of the moment.

Now, if the message sent by the ISU via the current judging trend wasn't crystal clear, I may actually have felt inclined to agree with that person but as things stand, if Hanyu wants to stay competitive, training more quads is the only way to go. And IIRC, it's not about the ability to jump quads with him, it's about the ability to jump them in ANY condition, even when the ice condition is less than ideal. I don't think this is a matter of maturity or immaturity (but then again, when have big dreams ever been seen as mature?). Complaining about what he's doing now, even on a bum ankle, is about the same as complaining about him still wanting to compete because it's what he needs to do if he wants to stay competitive, as ISU has very clearly decreed. I don't think I'm being delusional or immature by saying this is the sad state of things currently. Even Uno is leaving his comfy setup to try to give himself a fighting chance.

And yes, I'm fully aware the risk Hanyu is taking but it's not like he hasn't been taking it since day one, and sure it's more dangerous now with "harder" quads on a less reliable ankle but it's not up to me to make the call on whether or not he should take the chance, just as I don't think it's up to me as a mere supporter to judge whatever decision he makes as folly or otherwise.

At the end of the day, the only one who can make that call, and the only one to suffer the consequences if things don't turn out the way they should, is none other than himself. All I can do is hope and pray for the best.

Doesn't stop some people from doing their righteous armchair judging of both the skater and other fans who try to see things from the guys perspective instead of thinking theirs is the only right one, ofc.

And now, it'd be very nice if we can see some uu, cos it feels like it's been a while and this thread is coming to a close but there doesn't seem to be very many of it in here.

by Anonymousreply 547June 4, 2019 7:27 AM

R544 I've also been saying he needs an "intervention" before he completely destroys his ability to skate at all, something I think is a real possibility now.

by Anonymousreply 548June 4, 2019 8:18 AM

[quote] was a pigeon. This is Nathan. Right? I can't be the only one who sees this.

It did always seem something was a bit off with that intro. You could be right. It's an inspired music choice, though.

Is that the same one where he starts with shaking his whole body, like a seizure and affects (or tries to) a kind of playful or coy expression? That is just flat out weird. I cringe every time I see it. He doesn't seem to just flat-out own what he's doing, and I feel second hand embarrassment or something? He's just not a goofy type showman, like Keegan Messing, who might could pull something like that off. Oh well, maybe he'll get more comfortable in his own skin. And anyway, it's all about the quads, so who cares, amirite ISU?

by Anonymousreply 549June 4, 2019 9:01 AM

Guys please, this is the off season. I'm not supposed to worry too much about Yuzu. Damn that boy! Oh wait, I should say damn ISU instead.

Someone post some ass pic ASAP. I think we all need one.

by Anonymousreply 550June 4, 2019 9:21 AM

No ass but here is Yuzu sniffing testimonies to his historical achievements and it warms my heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551June 4, 2019 9:27 AM

Looks like we've got ourselves yet another potential sacrifice at the ISU altar. She of the questionable triples, Miyahara, of all people, has apparently announced she'll be attempting both a 3A and a quad. And if I understood the announcement correctly, she's gonna YOLO them if she has to. Guess everyone has lost their maturity these days, since if you aren't out there potentially killing yourself or risk maiming yourself permanently, you won't be getting anywhere in future ISU comps.

For Miyahara, if she manages to land them, she'd finally be landing legit triples (that ISU is willing to consider as quads and 3A because that's what was put on paper, which is apparently all it takes for ISU to willingly recognize them).

R551 Thanks. It helps. All I need to do is imagine those two spherical discs laid out side by side and I'll see a resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 552June 4, 2019 9:43 AM

Update on Uno: Source says he's looking for coaches in and outside Japan, but will train at the Chukyo rink (his university rink).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553June 4, 2019 9:55 AM

Yuzu's curves for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554June 4, 2019 10:06 AM

OMG is that for real or did somebody photoshop to make his hips wider? Good lord.

It does remind me, yet again, of what Eteri said about Yuzuru: “He is like a beautiful girl on ice, with soft lines. Even though his arms look somehow carelessly thrown, but it looks so natural when he does it."

by Anonymousreply 555June 4, 2019 11:04 AM

yuzuuzu:

UPDATES ABOUT SHOMA:

Daniil, Eteri's main coach has CONFIRMED that he was talking about Shoma Uno when he said "A very gamous Japanese Skater could join team Turberidze"

BTW: In that gif with Yuzuru dancing around while Shoma's trying to talk to him, does it look like Yuzuru notices the camera and just keeps on mimicking a girl-bander or whatever swishy thing he's doing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556June 4, 2019 11:13 AM

Wonder what yuzuuzu was going for with "gamous":

Glamorous? Monogamous? Polygamous?

by Anonymousreply 557June 4, 2019 11:29 AM

R555 That or a very opportune shot by an incredibly fortunate and/or skilled photographer. Not that Bantu doesn't have curves for days but that's absolutely divine even for him.

Either way, that image is art. I may not be anywhere near a connoisseur when it comes to the appreciation of beauty but some are just objectively undeniable, like this one is. Thank you, r554. That may very well rank higher than a well-taken ass shot in my books. I've always preferred subtlety over in your face, not that I'd complain if I got the latter when it comes to rear appreciation.

The news about Uno really did come as a surprise. I'd have sooner thought Hanyu's the one making the switch than I would him. If he really does move to Queen Tut's camp, to those who enjoyed seeing Higuchi's smiley countenance and all-around pleasant vibe next to Uno in the K&C and would now have to suffer the fierce and stone-faced (sometimes downright murderous, on a not-so-great skate day) one of Tutberidze's, you all have my deepest condolences. But a little less coddling and a little.more of...whatever that's camp serves may be exactly what he needs, who knows. His carefree gaming and yakiniku days may also very well be coming to an end. Unless they've got a different regiment for guys, of which, might I add, that particular team hasn't produced a single successful one yet. Gotta wonder though, if it's his own decision or did someone put him up to it. I mean, his family seems to be the fame-loving sort so he may have to take measures to keep himself competitive enough to sustain that...

Conjecture aside, it's a bold move to spring yourself from the comfort zone you're so thoroughly embedded in, in a not-early stage of your senior competitive career, in the hopes of better output so, best of luck to the guy.

by Anonymousreply 558June 4, 2019 1:06 PM

Not that Hanyu* doesn't have curves for days

by Anonymousreply 559June 4, 2019 1:08 PM

R557 Turns out it was 'famous'...sadly, not nearly as interesting as the possibilities you suggested.

by Anonymousreply 560June 4, 2019 1:13 PM

Nebelhorn will be once again used for the practical part of promotion of ISU judges this September

"An ISU Member whose Judge(s) does not display the working knowledge of English appropriate to the duties attached to the qualification of ISU Judge, in the opinion of the concerned Technical Committee, shall reimburse the ISU for the living expenses (room and meals) of the concerned Judge(s)."

Given the International judges (those who can do this exam) can judge in GPs, I wonder how many don't know English well. Apart from Yuri Balkov.

by Anonymousreply 561June 4, 2019 2:01 PM

Maybe Mama Uno thinks Shoma needs a more disciplinarian-type coach to get his act together. Otherwise I'm just confounded by the fact that he's even considering Eteri. On the other hand, Eteri's grudge match with Brian will climb to epic levels and Brian Boitano will finally get the adulation he deserves.

Also, Daniil seems to be giving a lot of interviews and shooting his mouth off these days. He's like the Doug Haw of Sambo.

R553 JDC, does this mean Uno will be training at his Uni until he finds a coach? Doesn't this all sound like he did not part with Higuchi on good terms?

R561 lol

by Anonymousreply 562June 4, 2019 2:05 PM

Sounds like Mishin isn't one of the coaches Uno is considering?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563June 4, 2019 2:35 PM

Promotion exam for judges is structured as follow

Single and Pairs exam is

10 questions on Single SP

10 questions on Single FS

10 questions on Pairs SP

10 questions on Pairs FS

10 questions on Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating

Questions ara a mix of True/False, multiple choice and open questions. They need to get 84% right overall and at least 70% of this each.

Pratical part:

Judges selected skaters at Nebelhorn and selected programs on video screen

Ice Dance exam

10 questions on Pattern element (only Finnstep and Tea Time Foxtrot)

10 questions on Rythmn Dance

10 questions on Free Dance

10 questions on Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Ice Dance

Type of questions and thresholds to pass is same as above.

Pratical part is on RD and FS at Nebelhorn of screen judging held at previous events (imply it is still on 2019-20 Patterns)

So we trust they will study the other patterns.....more or less.

They can check Pattern Dance diagrams during the written questions.

It looks like no exams (either as new International or promotion to ISU status) for Technical Panel this year.

by Anonymousreply 564June 4, 2019 2:58 PM

The only reason I'd like to see Shoma go to Eteri would be for the delicious meltdown by those fans who think the Japanese school of skating is so superior to the Russian style. Oh, how I would laugh.

by Anonymousreply 565June 4, 2019 3:00 PM

You heard it here first: Uno's FS next season will be Big Spender, choreographed so uniquely and masterpiecefully by Daniil Gleichengauz that no male skater will ever think of using the piece again.

by Anonymousreply 566June 4, 2019 3:41 PM

R566, I'm crying as I type this! WITH JOY!

by Anonymousreply 567June 4, 2019 3:45 PM

R567 Sit down, Sasha or next season you get POTO choreographed uniquely etc. for you, etc. Wait, which bot model are you again?

by Anonymousreply 568June 4, 2019 3:53 PM

Let's focus on big things...half of the Misha Ge's program for Alexia Paganini is on a song that talks about miners in the 40s....what should we expect? Alexia in glittery dress doing sexy poses?

by Anonymousreply 569June 4, 2019 4:05 PM

R569 I also advice Alexia to come out in blackface. Will show journey, commitment to story I tell.

by Anonymousreply 570June 4, 2019 4:24 PM

I actually think Uno will fit Eteri's team very much. Uno is too dependent on his coaching team and seemed very much led by the hand because he can't muster up his own opinions, and that's what Eteri does well. So much that Med had a problem adjusting to the freer practices at TCC.

by Anonymousreply 571June 4, 2019 4:43 PM

R571 and he already has the bad jumping technique

by Anonymousreply 572June 4, 2019 5:04 PM

R571 R572 So why move to get more of the same, just in a different language?

by Anonymousreply 573June 4, 2019 5:07 PM

R573 His current team isn't great at jumps, I guess. That's why he must train jumps outside Japan every summer and many Japanese femals skaters go to Ghislain during the break. (Meanwhile skaters in need of skating skills like Zhou goes to Japan.) If Uno wants his quint and to keep up with the quad race, like Hanyu, he needs a jump coach year round.

Hanyu and his beautiful jumps are so important to Japanese skating, I do hope JSF realizes how important his coaching potential is to their country's skaters.

by Anonymousreply 574June 4, 2019 5:13 PM

R574 Eteri's technique will be to starve him until that fat troll body shrivels to about 70 lbs. Then he will get his quint.

by Anonymousreply 575June 4, 2019 5:30 PM

R575 Depends on how much she wants to beat Orser. Why fix what's not broken?

Uno can get away with a full rotation on ice, then 3.0 turns in the air, and finish .5 on the ice. Throw in +5 GOE for the quality crossovers and arm transitions. Perfect way to get ISU judges to validate the first quint.

by Anonymousreply 576June 4, 2019 5:42 PM

I think Japan has a thing where a skater can actually "outgrow" the coaching in Japan so have to go abroad. Like for Hanyu, after his bronze at worlds, JFed felt he could only grow as a skater abroad. I think Shoma still has a lot to learn in Japan so this is for show (yes- that's a little shade to the "on the spectrum" elf)

by Anonymousreply 577June 4, 2019 6:25 PM

R577 The coaches know their weaknesses and know when a skater has outgrown them. Props to them. Jason Brown should have not wasted the last 4 years and moved sooner. Alina needs to get out from Eteri soon too. She has learned all she could from them, skating skills wise and artistry, unless she wants the quad which the younger girls are doing so. But honestly there isn't another big coach she could go to and still remain competitive anyway, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 578June 4, 2019 7:53 PM

R552 She said she practices the 4T, but only trying to add a 3A to her FS to push herself even if she hasn’t been landing it. The 4T practice might be a technique Ghislain is using to fix her UR triples. She also said she’s doing the Egyptian disco hip hop because she’s bad at sharp and powerful movements and wants to change herself, which is her main goal for the next season.

R562 They’re saying Uno will continue to practice at the Chukyo rink all season, but will makes visits to his coach and/or his coach will visit him. I guess that means he’ll have to have a secondary coach (other than mom, hopefully) at Chukyo to help him while his main coach isn’t around. Uno said his coaches were supportive of the change, but that doesn’t mean anything. There’s been criticism for a while that Higuchi has been inappropriately close with Uno, and stunting his skating and psychological growth, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the fed’s idea.

r565 Thank you for reminding us, Synesthesia, that Takahashi had a Russian coach, who, coincidentally, was also a lover of underage thighs.

R577 That's very much how it’s been in Japan, although Uno’s team has been selling him as a Japanese/Nagoya-only product because it did make him unique, so it’ll be interesting to see how they’ll market him from now on if he does go with a foreign coach.

Sorry to change the subject, but how old is Wilson in the photo in his ATS profile?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579June 4, 2019 11:20 PM

R579 HAHA I can't laugh hard enough at the David Wilson photo. Here's modern day David Wilson, looking like he's in The Shining and about to chase Yuna Kim through a hedge maze with an axe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580June 4, 2019 11:36 PM

On the flip side, Yuna looks gorgeous! Too bad she doesn’t have much of a personality.

by Anonymousreply 581June 4, 2019 11:53 PM

R579 Thanks for answering our questions, JDC. I like Uno a lot and want him to do well, but this rollout seems so messy and unprofessional. At least he has some time before the next Olys to get himself acclimated to the new situation.

by Anonymousreply 582June 4, 2019 11:53 PM

R581 I know I'm in the minority, but I never found Yuna to be all that good looking face-wise - beautiful smile, yes, but a very low forehead. Even plainer looking without makeup. On the other hand she seemed to have a great personality, if a bit aloof.

by Anonymousreply 583June 4, 2019 11:59 PM

Someone here once said Yuna sounds super bitter in her interviews. Can anyone elaborate? Is it just Sochi or other things?

by Anonymousreply 584June 5, 2019 12:03 AM

Yeah what's the dirt on Yuna?. People generally agree she was robbed at Sochi and generally like her. Is her reputation as pristine as Yuzuru's?

by Anonymousreply 585June 5, 2019 1:05 AM

r581 ... I was about to ask what happened to her, her face looked fat, her nose like a potato and her smile like she hadn't practiced for years.

by Anonymousreply 586June 5, 2019 1:38 AM

R586 lol This is harsh and I'm a fan of hers, but I can totally see what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 587June 5, 2019 2:07 AM

R579 Didn't he also mention wanting to practice in an environment where there are other top competitors around? Not sure how that arrangement's going to support that. Actually, not sure how going with Tutberidze's team, if it happens, is going to support that either, unless you count the little girls who's been wiping the junior circuit floor with other junior athletes and are set for doing the same in their senior career (if Tutberidze another her team gets their way).

by Anonymousreply 588June 5, 2019 2:13 AM

Yuna is gorgeous. But I agree with R586. She looked kinda weird in those photos.

by Anonymousreply 589June 5, 2019 2:21 AM

Do we need to do this again....compared to Americans....Yuna is GORGeouuusssss.

by Anonymousreply 590June 5, 2019 2:29 AM

Yuna is full of personality. She just doesn't camp it up like Mariah or Ashley. Some people are just a little more reserved by nature, doesn't mean they have no personality just cuz you can't parse it from her interviews.

Uno did mention that his team had "pushed him" to leave, so it sounds like he got a lot of encouragement from his coaches and team to leave the nest. Bold move, I agree.

I don't understand all this talk about how Uno needs people to hand hold. Yeah he leaves costuming choices and stuff like that to his mom and coach but he also said that Higuchi never tells him what to do. She just makes suggestions and he tries stuff out and he choreographs half of his programs. If anything I think a change from his current environment would be where the coach bossed him around.... but then he has his mom for that, so what do I know.

by Anonymousreply 591June 5, 2019 4:53 AM

As far as I know Yuna's reputation is pretty pristine. She keeps to herself. Recently had an interview where she was asked how she felt about the Sochi thing, and she answered that she did everything she wanted to do and she retired with no regrets. Doesn't sound bitter to me.

by Anonymousreply 592June 5, 2019 4:55 AM

R592 I was wrong actually. The poster said that when Yuna opens her mouth, she sounds "cynical." I guess I misremembered and thought "bitter" because hell, that's what I would feel if I were in her place.

by Anonymousreply 593June 5, 2019 5:17 AM

Thank you, [R591]. I also think that Shoma is more in control than people suppose. When he was injured at Nationals last December, his coaches obviously did not want him to do the FS, but he insisted. You could see how exasperated (in a fond sort of way) they were with his stubbornness.

by Anonymousreply 594June 5, 2019 5:43 AM

R588, maybe Shoma's happy to train with top female skaters? It'd be less stressful than being in the rink with his immediate rivals every day.

by Anonymousreply 595June 5, 2019 8:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596June 5, 2019 8:33 AM

r596 A realistic prediction to close the thread.

by Anonymousreply 597June 5, 2019 9:53 AM

Hersh article in Japan times.

"One source in the skating community said that at Uno’s elite level there are very few actual choices. 'Brian Orser has Hanyu and Rafael Arutunian has Nathan, so they are out,” the source noted. “If Shoma really wants to learn from a technician, he will either go to Eteri Tutberidze or Alexei Mishin.'" ... “Tom Zakrajsek in Colorado Springs is known as a jump specialist,” Hersh added. “Maybe Mishin?”

Tom Z? After he fixed Vincent's underrotations by complaining about the judging?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598June 5, 2019 10:35 AM

R596 LMAO. Who made that thing?

by Anonymousreply 599June 5, 2019 10:42 AM

yuna was very ugly back then

by Anonymousreply 600June 5, 2019 10:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!