Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Game of Clones

Valar Morgoofus

Between Lady Monica of Quartermaine holding court in the elaborate family crypt (tricked out with some fancy new statues, too!) and the miraculous resurrection of Oscar the bastard of noble lineage upon being touched by the magical woman, why, it was almost as if Port Chuck had temporarily morphed into Winterfell.

But, alas, he's no Jon Snow...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601May 17, 2019 4:24 AM

How did they portray Edward and Lila? Clips from the past? CGI?

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2019 12:57 AM

They only showed Edward and Lila from behind. It was probably Lucas and Brad in grey wigs.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2019 1:09 AM

They only showed them from the back, but it was pretty apparent it was them. The lady had Lila's signature hairdo and a silky caftan type dress, the man had silver hair and a cap. They showed them climbing the stairs together, which was reminiscent of what they did when Edward died.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2019 1:09 AM

It was clearly a young thin woman playing Lila. It was quite funny actually. The wig was pretty terrible too.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2019 1:14 AM

Was Lila wearing a caftan?

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2019 1:20 AM

And earrings.

She's officially a DL icon.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2019 1:59 AM

"Lila" also had hands that belonged to a much younger woman. I thought the episode tried too hard for a "Robin and Stone vibe at the end with the spirit of Oscar leaving his dead body and kissing a sleeping Joss. It will never beat "Robin I see you".

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2019 3:34 AM

R7 Her hands aren't a problem, neither is her being able to walk again. Most people who believe in an afterlife believe that the person does not appear as they did when they died, but is instead a more perfect version. Dying is like going to the best plastic surgeon, ever.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2019 4:14 AM

Everyone is saying how now Jordan gets Oscar's kidney, but are organs from a cancer patient really viable?

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2019 4:33 AM

R9 It is considered "OK to accept organs from donors with primary brain tumors that have not spread beyond the brain stem." I believe Oscar's cancer was just in his brain, so his organs are up for grabs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2019 4:37 AM

I seem to remember them doing a similar scene with Edward climbing the staircase when they paid tribute to John Ingle years ago. I too was shocked at no mention of Emily. It seemed unlike Monica. Stuart Damon must be unable to work. I distinctly remember reading Ron Carlivati wanting to bring Alan back from the dead around the time they resurrected Duke, Stavros, and Peter Harrell. Someone said it wasn’t feasible due to Damon’s chronic health issues. I’m not sure about the organ donation thing since Oscar did not die in a hospital setting but rather a home hospice type atmosphere. Seems kind of doubtful to me.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2019 4:39 AM

R11 Edward and Lila also showed up and walked AJ into the afterlife. It has become the Quartermaine death trope on GH.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2019 4:46 AM

On today's Jeopardy the answer to one of the questions was "Port Charles."

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2019 5:36 AM

We decided on this quartz that looks like marble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2019 6:28 AM

Is that Ozzie, Harriet and Ricky?

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2019 6:34 AM

Oscar's last hour reminded me of "Jacob's ladder".

He tried to hang on to his life while his angels of death - the two Q's - came to lead him to whatever follows.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2019 9:18 AM

Miss Frank married Nathan Varni? Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2019 9:44 AM

r17

what???

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2019 9:46 AM

It's pretty insulting that Edward Quartermaine is now known for wearing that stupid hat.

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2019 12:16 PM

I refuse to watch this shitfest until Miss Frank brings back Lieux Dressler as Alice Grant.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2019 1:07 PM

I think Lieux Dressler passed a few months ago. She was buried with Alice Grant’s tattered old sweater.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2019 1:40 PM

Lieux Dressler is still alive and kicking at 89.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2019 1:43 PM

I loved the Alice/Heather relationship. It was a twisted, almost demonic form of Mona/Erica or Ada/Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2019 1:58 PM

Nice kitchen set. They're not turning Carly into Nancy Hughes are they?

by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2019 2:01 PM

To help pay for the new kitchen set, Carly going to need to deliver her baby there.

Looking at a Clorox Bleach sponsorship deal for that special episode.

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2019 2:08 PM

Can't wait until they make Oscar's death all about Sonny, Carly and Jason.

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2019 3:17 PM

And about Morgan and those damn penguins.

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2019 3:21 PM

^^^^and Jason gives the eulogy and is head pallbearer and throws the first handful of dirt or flowers on the coffin and leads the singing and sits front row closest to coffin and so on and so forth...

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2019 3:21 PM

Oscar Promo #2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2019 3:29 PM

He's finally dead, very very certainly dead!

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Is he dead dead, or soap opera dead?

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2019 4:41 PM

His twin with blonde hair will show up to town soon

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2019 4:45 PM

Like when a throbbing boil finally gets lanced, we can now feel relief.

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2019 5:42 PM

It is unrealistic of me to expect real tears from these soap actors and not just cry sounds and scrunchy face? They make thousands of dollars per episode, shouldn't it be a minimum job requirement? Aren't there eye drops available for these type situations?

Or are the actors who are on same soap as MW exempt from even trying as she is the cry and scream queen and no one can compete with that anyway?

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2019 6:33 PM

Sam is trash

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2019 6:36 PM

Billy Miller has never been able to do a crying scene. Not even on Y & R.

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2019 6:39 PM

The eyes got watery.

by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2019 7:33 PM

Would y'all bitches accept the amazing Michael Muhney as nuDr Steven-Lars Webber? He could easily pass for Richard Dean Anderson's son.

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2019 7:33 PM

The mourning scenes would have been a lot more effective had the cadaver not been blinking and breathing.

by Anonymousreply 39May 2, 2019 7:34 PM

Good job the last few days.

by Anonymousreply 40May 2, 2019 7:36 PM

We'll soon learn Oscar was secretly a quadruplet, and his siblings, Tony, Emmy and Grammy will all roll into town.

by Anonymousreply 41May 2, 2019 7:38 PM

I'm sorry but I laughed at Oscar's exit. Drew carried him out and then they just rolled him out the front door without even covering him up? Come on, GH! LOL!

And the rabid Carly stans are comparing Eden McCoy to young Genie Francis and saying she gave one of the best performances in GH history today. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 42May 2, 2019 7:40 PM

Cam managed to squeeze out a tear.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2019 7:47 PM

When does Nurse Dutton start?

by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2019 7:50 PM

R44 As soon as Jarsh lets her out of the loony bin.

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2019 7:52 PM

Nurse Mutton!

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2019 7:53 PM

Cam did deliver the best crying, I say he is the young Genie Francis!

by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2019 8:14 PM

He was really trying to squeeze those tears out. A for effort.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2019 8:25 PM

Cam actually reminds me more of a young Stacey Baldwin!

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2019 8:26 PM

Yeah they should have put some markers on the gurney for BM so he could have placed the body somewhat centered, head was too far down with feet dangling off the bottom and blanket was all wonky, smh.

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2019 8:26 PM

I thought Billy Miller was good today. Really good. It was Tamara who didn't quite get there.

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2019 8:30 PM

TB was so good as Carly but she's uniformly sucked big sweaty moose balls as Kim.

I wish they'd have gone with what was rumored to be the original idea (Munchausen by proxy).

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2019 8:36 PM

Absolutely NO to boob grabber joining GH. Ain’t gonna happen anyway. He’s toxic.

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2019 8:44 PM

I thought Tamara did great today. But it’s clear that Eden is Frank’s favorite. I think she’s good when she toned it down a bit. I want her to stop taking cues from LW though.

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2019 8:49 PM

What did Neil say to Willow in the previews for tomorrow? Did anyone catch that?

by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2019 8:59 PM

R19 is correct Edward never wore hats until the last couple of years John Ingle was alive. It was to mask the skin cancers on top of his head. To my recollection Edward was never seen wearing hats before that.

by Anonymousreply 56May 2, 2019 9:16 PM

R55 Neil wasn't with Willow in the previews. He was with Kristina and said "How do you feel about seeing your parents?"

by Anonymousreply 57May 2, 2019 9:43 PM

Thanks r57.

by Anonymousreply 58May 2, 2019 9:48 PM

Best Criers on GH---

MW for the full on hysterical gutteral crying

BH for the delicate welled up tears

GF and TG for the best all around crying be it wailing sobs to the my heart is in a million pieces to the angry tears

by Anonymousreply 59May 2, 2019 10:07 PM

Cam did pretty great with his "suppressed crying/pain and anguish" face. The body language was on point, too. And then the whole not being able to find the right words to say to Joss was a very realistic touch.

by Anonymousreply 60May 2, 2019 10:14 PM

Is Maura winning the Emmy? The Oscar kid said he’s already written his speech.

by Anonymousreply 61May 2, 2019 10:24 PM

Anyone watch the GH FB Live Chat with the Emmy nominees? They were discussing the fast pace and how many pages they do per day, LW says "and no cue cards" and DZ jokingly says MB uses them, lol. Vernee says MB not available to rehearse, DZ backtracks and defends MS says he doesn't need to rehearse, guess DZ thought about the repercussions of his earlier comment. Max Gail seemed humble,said the nominations should be Best "Supported" instead of Supporting.

by Anonymousreply 62May 2, 2019 10:52 PM

^^^defends MB not MS

by Anonymousreply 63May 2, 2019 10:58 PM

R62

DZ spilling the tea. LOL

He's not the first to say Mo refuses to rehearse. LW has said that many times. It explains his stammering. He doesn't know his lines. The cue cards are very obvious for Mo and Braeden (YR)

by Anonymousreply 64May 2, 2019 11:11 PM

Easton has used cue cards from time to time. When he's using them, you can clearly see him glancing at them. He lacks the subtlety to take a peek without the audience noticing, which suggests he doesn't use cue cards regularly like Benard and Braden.

by Anonymousreply 65May 2, 2019 11:17 PM

Easton doesn't use cue cards. That's how he plays the Asperger's shy & quirky Finn. Finn has difficulty making eye contact when he's uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 66May 2, 2019 11:50 PM

Is it really that easy to turn on real tears? Even if you are an actor I always assumed they had some artificial help. I have seen actors really crying when the storyline is about a character who had died when the actor who played the part really did die

by Anonymousreply 67May 3, 2019 12:05 AM

[quote]Easton doesn't use cue cards.

Not consistently. But he has used them on at least a few occasions. When he does it's very obvious. We discussed this a few years ago on DL GH threads when he was playing Silas Clay. There was one scene where he was talking to a comatose patient where it was glaringly obvious.

by Anonymousreply 68May 3, 2019 12:06 AM

Whether or not he uses cue cards, Easton seriously sucks.

by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2019 12:43 AM

I wish they would not even write crying scenes for actors who can't cry tears. When they screw up their face in a crying pose and there are no actual tears I'm just embarrassed for them. I'm sure it's not easy and only a few can do it so don't write so many damn crying scenes. This goes for all shows. I love Patricia Arquette and I watch her on reruns of Medium but I hate the many crying scenes she does because it's all scrunched face, sob noises but not a tear in sight. Yet one of the young actresses (young back then anyway) who plays one of her daughters seems to be able to cry real tears at the drop of a hat.

by Anonymousreply 70May 3, 2019 12:58 AM

Damn it, but Joss and Cam, both hit it out of the park today. If this is their Emmy reels for next year, they will both will win the Emmy.

And, Oscar gave his best performance, as well, he plays a corpse better than a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 71May 3, 2019 12:59 AM

Oscar couldn’t even play a corpse well. His twitching eyelids were a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 72May 3, 2019 1:17 AM

R67 SO easy

by Anonymousreply 73May 3, 2019 1:55 AM

R67 - Jonathan Jack!son was the total opposite - he never turned off the waterworks, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 74May 3, 2019 7:00 PM

JJ always had tears in his eyes. ALWAYS. It was bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 75May 3, 2019 7:21 PM

How is this parade of men getting through the elementary school’s front door to harass a teacher at work?

by Anonymousreply 76May 3, 2019 7:21 PM

So no reaction from Neil when Willow walked in...guess that pretty much kills the theory that he's her dad or knows her...unless there is some delayed reaction we'll see Monday.

by Anonymousreply 77May 3, 2019 7:22 PM

R75

Yeah JJ cried way too much. An actor needs to be judicial about it. If you cry all the time people become immune to it.

by Anonymousreply 78May 3, 2019 7:25 PM

A “pledge” can’t send Jason to jail. This is making zero sense. And Sam can’t think of anything bad Jason has done? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 79May 3, 2019 7:34 PM

R79 The whole story makes no sense. It's too bad they wasted Shiloh, who is a much better actor than Jason, on this dumb story. I would rather he had been a new crime boss in town.

by Anonymousreply 80May 3, 2019 8:13 PM

Steve Burton is really stinking up the place. What the hell? He can do better than this. Maybe he realizes Billy Miller has been wiping the floor with his this week.

by Anonymousreply 81May 3, 2019 8:23 PM

Shiloh and Drew were good today.

by Anonymousreply 82May 3, 2019 8:31 PM

Steve Burton has horrible skin and the cameraman likes to do closeups on the snakeskin and wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 83May 3, 2019 8:33 PM

R80

The last thing this show needs is another crime boss. He'd have made a really good recast Nikolas.

by Anonymousreply 84May 3, 2019 9:38 PM

The Shiloh actor is wasted because he’s the “bad guy” in a story that involves the leads. Same thing would’ve happened if he was the new crime boss in town. They could’ve went so many ways with a cult story. Or they could’ve just made him a Nik recast. I’d rather watch him than MB or Jasam who are like robots in their scenes.

by Anonymousreply 85May 3, 2019 11:22 PM

Nikolas should be Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 86May 4, 2019 1:28 AM

GH hit a 1.4

by Anonymousreply 87May 4, 2019 1:31 AM

Steve Burton is truly horrible as an actor. His expression never changes; it is almost like his face is frozen. I really wish he had never come back. He is a waste of screentime.

by Anonymousreply 88May 4, 2019 1:58 AM

I was watching Jason and Robin scenes from the 90s and it’s like watching a completely different actor.

by Anonymousreply 89May 4, 2019 2:10 AM

I gotta say I can't believe the shit that's going on for months. Keep it up GH and lose viewers. I'm only averaging watching about one third of an ep per day and I've been pretty much a whole show watcher most of the time for years.

by Anonymousreply 90May 4, 2019 2:14 AM

DOD is taking over and ruining the show.

by Anonymousreply 91May 4, 2019 2:15 AM

And guess who will be replaced? The WRITERS.

The fact that Frank still keeps his job is one colossal joke.

by Anonymousreply 92May 4, 2019 2:17 AM

Why does Frank still have his job? They’ve already changed writers several times since he’s been at GH and the ratings still drop. He is the one constant. Obviously he’s the problem.

by Anonymousreply 93May 4, 2019 2:19 AM

r93, don't forget the 4 writing regimes he went through at OLTL as well. Absolutely ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 94May 4, 2019 2:21 AM

R93 And, it is obvious that it is him and the executives that screw things up the most. Like the mayoral election story when Genie was let go, I was enjoying it. But, then when they re-did it when she was brought back, I didn't care for it at all.

Also, he doesn't manage his extremely large cast well, which is what harms story progression and pacing. RC seems to better at this, because on DAYS he is bringing people on for like 6 months, and they tell the story straight through, then they leave until and unless they are needed again. Except for the core cast. So they don't have these large breaks in between parts of the story. On GH, by the time they pick the story back up, you forget what happened.

by Anonymousreply 95May 4, 2019 2:29 AM

And he has HORRIBLE taste pushing all of his dumb pets.

Of course his teen obsession b/s is not working, just like it never worked on OLTL no matter how hard he tried to push Alderson.

by Anonymousreply 96May 4, 2019 2:36 AM

R96 The difference with Alderson, and why she never bothered me is that she was like Robin or the original Jessica, in that we, the audience, had watched her grow up on screen, so she was actually a vet not just a random teen.

by Anonymousreply 97May 4, 2019 2:43 AM

They need to make MASSIVE cuts to the cast. It is beyond ridiculous how many characters they have on the show.

by Anonymousreply 98May 4, 2019 2:48 AM

R86

Tyler isn't coming back. He imploded his career. That's why he was let go from GH and Days.

Nikolas a a great character with connections across the canvas. Recast with a good actor & have Nik return ready to destroy Valentin. After Nik gets retribution from Valentin write out Valentin & Nina.

by Anonymousreply 99May 4, 2019 3:00 AM

R98 if you look at the cast lists of the different soaps, GH's main cast is in line with Y&R and DAYS, the problem is the recurring cast is around two to three times larger. I understand that recurring actors are cheaper but having so many active recurring characters in addition to the main cast, would be too much for Charles Dickens to write a story about.

by Anonymousreply 100May 4, 2019 3:05 AM

r97, I had nothing against Alderson or Starr per se (setting aside her entire characterization as a teen). But Frank's insistence on pushing everything TEEN on the audience was always a massive fail. My commentary was more on his horrible sensibilities than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 101May 4, 2019 3:09 AM

I don’t get why GH is still even on the air. Their ratings, especially the all important demos, are way lower than AMC and OLTL when they were cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 102May 4, 2019 3:12 AM

Soaps have rarely gotten teen stories right. IMO the only ones that truly worked were GH's Lucky/Liz/Nik/Emily, GL's Phillip/Beth/Rick/Mindy and AMC's Greg/Jenny/Jesse/Angie.

Those worked because the actors had talent, chemistry & most importantly their stories were interlaced with adult vets

by Anonymousreply 103May 4, 2019 3:19 AM

R103 I would add Robin/Stone on GH, and Jessica/Cristian/Will on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 104May 4, 2019 3:22 AM

Bringing back Burton was the death nail in this show. FV didn't know this would create such havoc BTS. LOL he's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 105May 4, 2019 3:23 AM

And nothing AMC and OLTL were replaced with ever got any better ratings. Strahan and Sara is struggling. The suits resent that the soaps are still on the air, they don’t want them on the air, but nothing they put on to replace them gets better numbers. That’s why GH and DAYS keep getting picked up year after year.

by Anonymousreply 106May 4, 2019 3:23 AM

Two words: TEEN MUSICAL.

That is enough said about Frank's talents.

by Anonymousreply 107May 4, 2019 3:25 AM

A 1.4 will be beat. Look for a 1.3 soon

by Anonymousreply 108May 4, 2019 3:37 AM

KM looked especially dazed today. I thought she was gonna fall on her face at one point. Does she hate working with SB that much? I wonder if she’s medicated.

by Anonymousreply 109May 4, 2019 4:08 AM

Some think she is ill.

by Anonymousreply 110May 4, 2019 4:42 AM

Creative Arts Emmys *YR - 5 wins (Art Direction, Sound Mixing, Hairstyling, Costume, Lighting)

*DAYS - 3 wins (Casting, Music Direction/Composition, Makeup)

*BB - 2 wins (Technical Team, Original Song)

*GH - 1 win (Multiple Camera Editing)

by Anonymousreply 111May 4, 2019 10:41 AM

R109 She’s been like that for years. And she’s been whispering since her debut.

by Anonymousreply 112May 4, 2019 12:06 PM

She looked like she was about to doze off standing up talking to Jason.

by Anonymousreply 113May 4, 2019 12:13 PM

I watched yesterday, and was surprised how understated Kelly Monaco is in her performance. Half asleep and whispering! I'm surprised no one ever mentions it on this board.

by Anonymousreply 114May 4, 2019 12:18 PM

The Shiloh actor really is good, he was raving in some interview about how much fun it is to work with KM and he's really enjoying it, that takes some acting skills to say that convincingly...

I do wonder if the other actors who are actually trying to do their job find it disconcerting to be in scenes with KM, it must throw them off their rhythm to be playing off this zombie.

by Anonymousreply 115May 4, 2019 1:26 PM

^ "Hearty har har" ^

by Anonymousreply 116May 4, 2019 1:45 PM

It's called method acting.

by Anonymousreply 117May 4, 2019 1:47 PM

Frank has no excuses. It's so pathetic when he tries to remove himself from the writing or direction of the show, as if all he does is just sit in his office crunching those budgets numbers.

by Anonymousreply 118May 4, 2019 1:57 PM

The Core Four needs to be broken up. CarSon and JaSam are boring and they lack chemistry. Both couples are tired and way past their expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 119May 4, 2019 2:27 PM

^Those couples are positively painful. They have no story to tell with either that hasn't already been done.

by Anonymousreply 120May 4, 2019 2:48 PM

Stupid question but do the actors where mics? I swear I saw one on Becky.

by Anonymousreply 121May 4, 2019 3:20 PM

Is Maurice Benard the longest-serving continuous contract cast member?

by Anonymousreply 122May 4, 2019 3:35 PM

For 20 years the people on the boards have been complaining about the "Core 4". Then you go to the fan events and you see that the "Core 4" and Michael Easton are the ones with the longest lines. And you check out the "official boards and social media" and the "core 4" is all anyone is talking about.

So there are clearly two different groups of fans and TPTB only really care about one group. Because the one time they listened to the other group and disbanded the core 4, it took 2 or 3 years before they went back to that well. Actors banded together, got the headwriter fired, actors were giving scathing interviews about the writer and complaining about the writer at fan events.

Now the show is just as stupid as it was when RC was writing it, but the core 4 are back together and you hear nary a peep about the writing. This is the weirdest show.

by Anonymousreply 123May 4, 2019 3:43 PM

How is this show still on the air? The ratings and demos are beyond awful. Surely an equally low-rated or lower-rated talk show or cooking show would cost much less to produce.

by Anonymousreply 124May 4, 2019 3:48 PM

Those paying to see them are always the same group of people. They're not gaining any new fans. The women who have photos with the actors as their profile pics on social media all look the same - especially the Michael Easton fans. LOL. Also, fans of those four actors don't care about the writing - all they care about is their couple being together. If I were a Jasam fan I'd be frustrated and bored out of my mind. Same with Carson. But those rabid fans don't care as long as they can brag that they've gotten their reunion. They're the same people insisting that MB is the best actor on the show or that KM acts the way she does because of her hip surgery and hearing problems.

by Anonymousreply 125May 4, 2019 3:56 PM

If they are using kelly's hip surgery as an excuse, they truly are idiots. The surgery was to correct and issue and it was a minor surgery in August. She sucks because she just does.

by Anonymousreply 126May 4, 2019 4:15 PM

r123, you realize those people are stans likely paying or going just to see those specific actors?

I have been hearing the same b/s about Easton since 2003. He has rabid fans, high Q store, blah, blah. Show me the numbers. This guy has never brought in viewers.

by Anonymousreply 127May 4, 2019 4:23 PM

Maybe Easton’s 15th character on the show will FINALLY bring in the viewers.

by Anonymousreply 128May 4, 2019 5:44 PM

The person on OP's picture looks like JGL.

by Anonymousreply 129May 4, 2019 5:49 PM

I'm pretty sure the majority of the dwindling audience are Carson and JaSam fans so TPTB are afraid by cutting them they will lose the rest of the audience they have left. They are not concerned about the majority they have lost by shoving these 4 into every storyline. They are never getting a big new audience; younger viewers think daytime soaps are a joke and are not drawn in by unrealistic "teen stories".

by Anonymousreply 130May 4, 2019 6:06 PM

I can’t with Carson and Jasam they are so played out and lack the chemistry they have in the past. Time to move the central characters away from this and set them all off in new directions. The show needs to shake it up!!!! Put Jason with Kim or Ava! Have Sam fall Shiloh. Have Sonny become obsessed with Elizabeth. Let Carly start fucking Drew.

Something. Anything. Give us a show that’s great again!!!

by Anonymousreply 131May 4, 2019 6:26 PM

Howarth & Easton have tons of fans. The people who recap the GHFC event always say how shocked they are that those 2 have the longest lines. I'm not talking about their sporadic PAs they do throughout the year but the actual GHFC event that's for the entire show.

Saying they don't have fans is just silly. That being said no one is bringing new viewers. You could hire Idris Elba and we wouldn't get a sustainable bump because the writing is just horrific. People who continue to watch are longtime fans who're hanging on to the bitter end.

IMO GH could easily be turned around but FV/NV continue to fuck it up. They need to quickly wrap up the shit that's not working- The DOD shit, the Nina daughter shit, the Peter shit. Once that's resolved write off Valentin, Nina, Peter, Shiloh. Write off Drew. He's rudderless & BM refuses to act. KeMo needs to be told do your job or you're gone.

Cut the guarantees of Mo, Steve, Laura,Kelly. They shouldn't have such a wide gap from their guarantees & everyone else.

Direction #1 should be to quit writing Sonny/Jason/Carly are the so-called arbiters of morality. They worked much better when characters could call them on their hypocrisy. And quit having the PCPD bow down to them.

I'd strengthen the PCPD by bringing TR back as Comish. Jordan can die from her kidney problems. Curtis has chem with everyone but her. Pairing him up wouldn't be an issue.

I'd give equal weight to the hospital side of the show as you do the Corinthos side. The Corinthos family should not be the only signature family. Kin Shriner is wildly popular. He gets huge likes whenever he tweets & he works well with literally everyone. Strengthen the Baldwin/Webber family by bringing Serena home. She's related to Scott, Lucy, Franco,Kevin. She should be a young heroine not Sasha, Willow, or the annoying Kristina..Finally pair up Scott/Ava. Let them be the bain of Carson's existence. Scott used to be allowed to drag Sonny for what he did to Karen. Quit writing Ava to cower to Sonny. Tell Mo he has to suck it up. Bring back a more embittered SLW after serving his prison sentence. Have his return throw a huge monkey wrench into the Ned/Olivia marriage. SLW & Olivia were in love when he went to prison.

And for God's sake recast Michael with a talented actor who actually has chemistry with women.And bring back romance. That's just me spit balling ideas.

by Anonymousreply 132May 4, 2019 6:33 PM

[quote]The person on OP's picture looks like JGL.

That actually was Oscar dressed as Jon Snow for Halloween 2017. The back of the head to the left is Joss dressed as Daenerys.

by Anonymousreply 133May 4, 2019 6:33 PM

Trim the fat like Maxie, Peter, Finn, Valentin, Nina, Franco and Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 134May 4, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote]Strengthen the Baldwin/Webber family by bringing Serena home.

Unfortunately, she recently joined the military. There were references to it on Kin's twitter.

by Anonymousreply 135May 4, 2019 6:49 PM

Recast Serena! She’s needed. That age range is lacking! Recast Michael. Or make him gay.

by Anonymousreply 136May 4, 2019 6:57 PM

Billy has acted,.

by Anonymousreply 137May 4, 2019 7:01 PM

I think those of us who came of age in the 80s, 90s, and maybe the early 00s are the last true generation for the traditional daytime soap. Kids today like outrageous, they like shade, they like something they can watch on their phones or laptops or something they can binge. They like product placement and links to new things.

Network daytime soap can't be too edgy because they have to broad appeal. And the soaps don't have the money to make them culturally relevant. Soaps can't even play pop songs anymore. So if the core 4 are holding what audience they have, then they aren't going anywhere.

The future of the daytime soap model is in prime time television. It's coming. We bitch about daytime, but network primetime is going through their own shit because they can't compete with premium cable and streaming because of that whole broad appeal and clean language /no sex thing. Mark my words, in the coming future one of the networks, looking for a way to program cheaply, is going to try a 3 day a week soap opera in primetime (the old Peyton Place model).

When soap ratings rise, they aren't new viewers, they are lapsed viewers who tune in and then tune back out again.

by Anonymousreply 138May 4, 2019 7:15 PM

R132 LMAO at the thought of Mo or SB sharing a scene with Idris Elba.

by Anonymousreply 139May 4, 2019 10:24 PM

MW is the only one I can picture holding her own with Idris Elba.

by Anonymousreply 140May 4, 2019 10:51 PM

Steve Burton would probably call in sick that day. No clanks on a SBu set.

by Anonymousreply 141May 4, 2019 10:59 PM

Hate that racist son of bitch. His oldest looks like Casper the friendly ghost last and the baby looks like the Joker.

by Anonymousreply 142May 4, 2019 11:01 PM

I expect JL, Max Gail and MW to win tomorrow, hope so anyway. Maybe Chloe Lanier too. I don't know about the other GH nominees: LW, DZ, Eden, Oscar (can't think of his name), William Lipton (Cam), Vernee Watson, Nurse Mary Pat, Hayley Erin. DL Predictions?

by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2019 11:55 PM

The only GH actor and now former actor who has cute kids is Jason Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2019 11:59 PM

Now I know today's young people are total morons. Who would like product placement? Anyone with 1/10 of brain would e insulted by them.

by Anonymousreply 145May 5, 2019 12:01 AM

R143 I think Eden is going to win Younger Actress. Personally, I never understood the Chloe Lanier hype.

I do miss when the Daytime Emmys actually meant something. Even the younger categories had great work but we don't have teens/young adults like Heather Tom and Jonathan Jackson anymore.

by Anonymousreply 146May 5, 2019 12:53 AM

STUMPY FOR THE WIN!

by Anonymousreply 147May 5, 2019 2:35 AM

Did they pull Hayley Erin’s name out of a hat? I can’t believe she’s been nominated two years in a row. She was terrible as Kiki.

by Anonymousreply 148May 5, 2019 2:40 AM

R70- People quote Genie's best crying scene as the one where Lucky "dies" and the scene at the morgue where she rips into Sonny, but her best crying scene was really back in the 90s when Lucky got shot. Those scenes where she torn into Luke were far better.

by Anonymousreply 149May 5, 2019 3:14 AM

I definitely want Maura to win.

I absolutely do NOT want Eden or Mo to win. FV doesn't need any encouragement to highlight them any more. I don't want CL to win because I don't want FV to be encouraged into bringing her back for anymore guest spots.

by Anonymousreply 150May 5, 2019 12:59 PM

R149 I loved that scene. Genie was incredibly underrated in the 90s. She was always overlooked at the Emmys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 5, 2019 1:01 PM

R150 Then who does that leave in the Younger Actress category? Hayley Erin and I think two girls from DOOL? Victoria Konefal could win because of "Cin" hype. I think it'll be Eden or Chloe.

by Anonymousreply 152May 5, 2019 1:04 PM

R149 Watching that clip reminds me of how good both Geary and Francis were back then. Real writing and emotional stories that made sense; Laura telling Luke how Lucky worshipped him and wanted to be just like him These were character-driven stories not the crap that they are dishing out nowadays. It also reminded me of how incredibly hot Maurice B was, LOL!

by Anonymousreply 153May 5, 2019 2:17 PM

I always thought GF and MB had some chemistry back then.

by Anonymousreply 154May 5, 2019 2:19 PM

Bring on the amazing Michael Muhney as nuLucky. That would be a huge get for the show.

by Anonymousreply 155May 5, 2019 2:20 PM

Frank has proven that he does not GAF about Lucky...or Nik. Even Lulu is an afterthought. Laura could have a built in family unit and be more of anchor but of course not.

by Anonymousreply 156May 5, 2019 3:04 PM

To be fair, I wouldn’t give Emme any real material anyway. She’s terrible. Comatose Laura was a better actress.

by Anonymousreply 157May 5, 2019 3:13 PM

r157, well that is kind of the point. If there was a real investment in Lulu, they would have recast with a stronger actress long ago.

by Anonymousreply 158May 5, 2019 3:14 PM

Yeah or brought back JMB the OG Lulu

by Anonymousreply 159May 5, 2019 3:15 PM

That's why I maintain that Frank does not have any real interest in Laura. Because positioning her as PC's answer to Viki and having her kids back is a no brainer and writes itself.

Why generic cop Chase instead of Lucky? Because pet Easton needed a brother.

Why generic cop Nathan instead of Lucky? Because pet Stafford needed a brother.

by Anonymousreply 160May 5, 2019 3:18 PM

And funny how it was such a priority to quickly recast nonentities Valerie and Nina, but there was no push to recast Nik.

by Anonymousreply 161May 5, 2019 3:23 PM

R161

They were going to recast Nik. The man with Cassadine ring was supposed to be him in the limo last August, but couldn't find anyone they liked supposedly.

by Anonymousreply 162May 5, 2019 4:00 PM

ER, I don't get why they didn't just write Lulu off. Guess FV can be nice sometimes because it feels like they're keeping her out of sheer charity (along with LLC).

by Anonymousreply 163May 5, 2019 4:04 PM

Nina's become a pretty central character and is very popular with the fans. Don't be so quick to dismiss her. Staff was pretty phenomenal in the role, and I for one can't wait to see what Cynthia will do with the character. If I were you guys, I wouldn't miss an episode. Sounds like there's so much exciting story coming up.

by Anonymousreply 164May 5, 2019 4:05 PM

Hi Cynthia!

by Anonymousreply 165May 5, 2019 4:46 PM

r164 = Varni's little bitch ass

by Anonymousreply 166May 5, 2019 5:03 PM

r163, likely because they wanted Laura to have at least one offspring, even though you would never know they are mother/daughter based on the lack of interaction.

by Anonymousreply 167May 5, 2019 5:05 PM

GF doesn't have family chemistry with ER like she does with JJ and TC. Their scenes felt so natural. I hate Lulu and Laura scenes. ER and those bug eyes and all that blinding hair. Ugh. Get rid of her and bring Serena to town.

by Anonymousreply 168May 5, 2019 5:08 PM

No way. Because Willow and Sasha are VERY necessary

by Anonymousreply 169May 5, 2019 5:12 PM

What has Lezlie Charleson done to her face?

by Anonymousreply 170May 5, 2019 5:12 PM

R153- That's why I could never understand why Geary was always whining about falling through the couch in those storylines. He claimed that he was playing Father Knows Best but there was a whole long storyline of Luke going up against Frank Smith again, Laura pushing back because she knew that something bad would happen - and it did, because Lucky ended up getting shot.

There was a massive shoot out at the Spencer house, when Laura had to pick up a shot gun and blow away the gun man who was about to kill Luke.

I don't remember any storyline like that in Father Knows Best.

by Anonymousreply 171May 5, 2019 5:13 PM

Geary enjoyed being a whiny bitch because he never really wanted to be there.

by Anonymousreply 172May 5, 2019 5:18 PM

I agree R153. The actors really were invested in their characters and gave 100%. No one on the present GH care. They just go through the motions and seem really bored. True, that the writing is crap, but I think an invested actor could sell the rotten storylines. Look at what Jon Lindstrom was able to do with the nonsense he was given. As frustrating as it must be, even Coby Ryan McLaughlin can bring it even when acting with someone like Kelly Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 173May 5, 2019 5:18 PM

Who is Oscar. I stopped watching General Hospital about a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 174May 5, 2019 5:25 PM

[quote]Who is Oscar. I stopped watching General Hospital about a decade ago.

Alan's bastard grandson, sired by his bastard son, Drew, previously unknown twin of Jason.

by Anonymousreply 175May 5, 2019 5:28 PM

What? Jason had a twin? Was it a dastardly nurse that stole Susan's other baby?

by Anonymousreply 176May 5, 2019 5:29 PM

[quote]Geary enjoyed being a whiny bitch because he never really wanted to be there.

He wanted to be there on his own terms. That's why all of those actors loved Guza so much. They all thought he was writing something above soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 177May 5, 2019 5:40 PM

R173 I'd put Becky Herbst in that category too. They've put Liz through the wringer and she's never phoned it in.

by Anonymousreply 178May 5, 2019 5:51 PM

Funny how all the males were/are the biggest bitches on the GH set.

by Anonymousreply 179May 5, 2019 6:02 PM

The female characters are just props for the males on GH.

by Anonymousreply 180May 5, 2019 6:19 PM

Frank clueless Valentini has to be fired. And stop that shit of saying “he manages the budget, that’s why they keep him”. Fucking seriously??? Frank Valentini is the ONLY person who can manage a budget??? There is NO ONE else out there but Frank to produce a soap and manage a budget? JFC. No wonder GH’s ratings keep tanking. A new leader is sorely needed. There is someone out there who can do a better job. Frank is burnt out. Next.

by Anonymousreply 181May 5, 2019 7:31 PM

R172- True, but he forgot that no one forced him to sign a contract. Before GH, he was doing guest shots on Mannix, Dan August and Room 222. It's not like he was an undiscovered Al Pacino.

Maybe his attitude problem kept him back more than anything else. Compare him to George Clooney. Clooney skyrocketed when he got cast on ER, but after he left, he went back to finish up his story with JM and agreed to be paid scale for it.

Can't see TG ever doing that.

by Anonymousreply 182May 5, 2019 7:35 PM

Every single board drags Monaco's non acting ass.

by Anonymousreply 183May 5, 2019 8:15 PM

^the sensitive fans that comes and lectures everyone for talking about Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 184May 5, 2019 8:17 PM

R168

Genie has better maternal chem with Becky than she does with Emme.

by Anonymousreply 185May 5, 2019 8:18 PM

R171

Tony didn't have a problem with stories back in the day. It was much later all that started.

by Anonymousreply 186May 5, 2019 8:21 PM

Eden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 5, 2019 8:25 PM

If they want Ava to be a lead, they need to get her out from under Connie's murder. I know it's a double standard with Sonny killing people, but she doesn't work with that hanging around her neck. Let Ava face trial for Connie's murder, Scotty can find some evidence that someone else killed Connie, Ava gets off for attempted murder due to a claim of temporary insanity, and after a stint in a mental hospital, Ava comes out of it all swearing that she wants to turn her life around, with Scotty's help. Then she can move into Lucy Coe territory - former bad girl trying to go straight, but always screwing things up. Just as she's starting to succeed, Morgan comes back from the dead and fucks her shit up, leading to a "Who shot Ava Jerome" story. Ava lives, but she comes out of her coma a much more desperate character, willing to cross a lot of lines to get back the life she lost. There's a year of story right there, and it makes sense to weave Sonny and Carly into that story, sometimes reluctantly helping Ava for the kid's sake, other times swearing revenge. Good story for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 188May 5, 2019 10:03 PM

Geary's attitude during his last years did him no favors. The way he disdained the Luke and Laura pairing, saying it was his least favorite storyline. Uh, that was not a "storyline" it was a phenomenal pairing that made him a household word. I think his bitterness stemmed from the fact that he then expected to become a big screen star and ended up not going any further. He came to resent Luke and Lauraa , and I believe Luke Spencer because it will be what he is remembered for.

by Anonymousreply 189May 5, 2019 10:53 PM

I'm watching the Emmy Red Carpet on FB hosted by Carolyn Hennesy (Diane Miller), she interviewed Wendy Riche who said she was responsible for bringing L&L back and some Rochester location shoot, she always created Sonny, Kevin/Ryan and Nurses Ball. I didn't know all that. Is she the one who told Genie she was fat?

Carolyn is currently fawning over SB, his wife, LW and WR all together.

by Anonymousreply 190May 5, 2019 11:03 PM

Daytime Emmy's tonight. Twitter, You Tube at 8:00

by Anonymousreply 191May 5, 2019 11:03 PM

r160

Nathan was on well before the Staff

by Anonymousreply 192May 5, 2019 11:21 PM

Dang, Vernee Watson, is looking good on the the red carpet. Her look is better than Carolyn Hennesy's dress, the red lace part is fine but the beige part looks horrible.

by Anonymousreply 193May 5, 2019 11:24 PM

LW didn’t even try

by Anonymousreply 194May 5, 2019 11:24 PM

There is a Daytime Emmy thread to discuss tonight's show if anyone is interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 5, 2019 11:33 PM

Agree about Carolyn's dress.

Lisa LoCicero looked good.

Carolyn introducing NuJordan by wrong name awkward (called her Brianna Brown, her name is Brianna Henry), she was a good sport about it and very nice and pleasant, looked pretty in her pink dress.

by Anonymousreply 196May 5, 2019 11:38 PM

Carolyn should never host another red carpet again

by Anonymousreply 197May 5, 2019 11:47 PM

Steve’s wife looked like a $20 hooker.

by Anonymousreply 198May 5, 2019 11:48 PM

LW never tries to look nice

by Anonymousreply 199May 5, 2019 11:49 PM

I was thinking the same thing about Mrs. Burton, not very Jesus-y.

by Anonymousreply 200May 5, 2019 11:49 PM

^ Not at all

by Anonymousreply 201May 5, 2019 11:50 PM

Garren Stitt looked pissy when he lost.

by Anonymousreply 202May 6, 2019 12:13 AM

He did, lol, more bad acting on his part.

by Anonymousreply 203May 6, 2019 12:16 AM

Mrs. Burton has bigger arms than her husband. I bet she could lift Lexi and not struggle.

by Anonymousreply 204May 6, 2019 12:30 AM

Tony was right. In this age of #metoo, the Luke and Laura storyline is problematic. He was smart to not want to wear that albatross around his throat.

by Anonymousreply 205May 6, 2019 12:36 AM

R202 In an interview he seemed pretty confident and even said he’d already written his speech.

by Anonymousreply 206May 6, 2019 12:39 AM

Patricia Bethune as Nurse Mary Pat wins for guest performer.

by Anonymousreply 207May 6, 2019 12:44 AM

R205- Except he was fine with taking all the perks that went with that "albatross". He was on 2 other soaps before GH and that's not what got him a nice home in Amsterdam. When he went back to GH and tried to play another character, he bombed and then said that he wouldn't play Luke without Laura---which meant they had to pull Genie Francis from AMC.

So he seemed perfectly fine using that albatross when it was for a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 208May 6, 2019 12:57 AM

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES Hayley Erin (Kiki, GH)

by Anonymousreply 209May 6, 2019 1:03 AM

I am speechless over Hayley winning. I thought for sure Eden or Chloe had it. Hayley is an awful monotone actress. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 210May 6, 2019 1:07 AM

I'd like Max Gail to win. Don't care otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 211May 6, 2019 1:11 AM

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES Max Gail (Mike, GH)

by Anonymousreply 212May 6, 2019 1:23 AM

HE winning is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 213May 6, 2019 1:25 AM

Max Gail definitely earned that Emmy

by Anonymousreply 214May 6, 2019 1:25 AM

This means mumbling pussy Benard has it in the bag. Fucker.

by Anonymousreply 215May 6, 2019 1:28 AM

R213 It isn't that surprising, since half of her reel was her #Me-too story.

by Anonymousreply 216May 6, 2019 1:28 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if they give it to MB over JL. And he’ll get a standing ovation like last time.

by Anonymousreply 217May 6, 2019 1:42 AM

Fuck Maurice. That motherfucker has singlehandedly ruined the entire show.

by Anonymousreply 218May 6, 2019 1:50 AM

If MB wins I will yelling every Italian cuss word I know.

by Anonymousreply 219May 6, 2019 1:51 AM

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES Vernee Watson (Stella, GH)

by Anonymousreply 220May 6, 2019 1:55 AM

Damn, Aunt Stella!

by Anonymousreply 221May 6, 2019 1:59 AM

If JL does not win it will be criminal, IMO. He is the only one nominated in that category who is really outstanding. I don't really care about Best Actress.

by Anonymousreply 222May 6, 2019 2:04 AM

Is Maura West even there? I haven't seen her.

and yes, JL better win.

by Anonymousreply 223May 6, 2019 2:06 AM

Is Maura's homely hubby with her?

by Anonymousreply 224May 6, 2019 2:07 AM

Maura is there. I know she’s got one kid with her.

by Anonymousreply 225May 6, 2019 2:08 AM

MW is there and dressed terribly.

by Anonymousreply 226May 6, 2019 2:08 AM

Who is hot daddy Frank's date?

by Anonymousreply 227May 6, 2019 2:10 AM

Frank must have sucked lots of dick for all these acting awards.

by Anonymousreply 228May 6, 2019 2:11 AM

He never, ever brings a date anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 229May 6, 2019 2:15 AM

R229 Remember he is good at maintaining a budget and escorts charge higher rates for attending award shows.

by Anonymousreply 230May 6, 2019 2:17 AM

His wife had to stay at home with the kids.

by Anonymousreply 231May 6, 2019 2:19 AM

Maura West & Laura Wright lost. Maura should have won.

by Anonymousreply 232May 6, 2019 2:24 AM

Did JMW win for attempting to move her face?

by Anonymousreply 233May 6, 2019 2:28 AM

Frank won for HOTTEST STUD

by Anonymousreply 234May 6, 2019 2:33 AM

The Best Actress winner is a real insult. I don't know how this voting system works but MW was robbed; in fact everyone else nominated was better than the winner.

by Anonymousreply 235May 6, 2019 2:39 AM

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES Maurice Benard (Sonny, GH)

Jon Lindstrom was robbed!

by Anonymousreply 236May 6, 2019 2:43 AM

Shameful

by Anonymousreply 237May 6, 2019 2:44 AM

Oh FFS, that lame ass crying of his in the reel, so amateurish.

JL needs to sue somebody.

by Anonymousreply 238May 6, 2019 2:47 AM

Fucking Sonny won!!! I don't believe it! Damn right Jon was robbed. Hell, any of Liz's sons deserve that lead acting Emmy more than MB. The only thing worse would be if they had given one to Burton. Maybe now they can cut down on Sonny's airtime.

by Anonymousreply 239May 6, 2019 2:47 AM

Of course Maurice won. This shit was fucking rigger for mumbles.

by Anonymousreply 240May 6, 2019 2:50 AM

With the way things went tonight, I’m not surprised he won. JL carried that show for months. He was robbed. It’s all a joke. All rigged. All favoritism. They need to just do away with the entire thing.

by Anonymousreply 241May 6, 2019 2:53 AM

I didn't even know TC was nominated or even in attendance until his name was called. Was he sitting with DOOL cast or would that be awkward...

by Anonymousreply 242May 6, 2019 2:55 AM

Did Mo win for attempting to remember his lines?

by Anonymousreply 243May 6, 2019 2:55 AM

Good god. If that MESS is your best actor, then please just kill the soaps for good.

by Anonymousreply 244May 6, 2019 2:57 AM

This embarrassing. Max Gail won two awards. One of his own and one for carrying mumbling cue motherfucker Benard. He's never going away and he has ruined the show!

by Anonymousreply 245May 6, 2019 2:57 AM

Did MB get a standing ovation again? I turned it off the minute I heard his name.

by Anonymousreply 246May 6, 2019 2:59 AM

I own you cunts!

by Anonymousreply 247May 6, 2019 3:02 AM

So GH won 5 out of 7 acting awards, but loses Outstanding Drama.

by Anonymousreply 248May 6, 2019 3:03 AM

Maurice winning was not good. That motherfucker sucks!!

by Anonymousreply 249May 6, 2019 3:06 AM

They way he walked up to the stage is representative of his acting. Slow, stilted, uncomfortable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 250May 6, 2019 3:09 AM

OMG anyone but MB. I would even have taken Peter Bergman winning. He will probably now be hogging even more airtime as he worms his way into every storyline on the show.

by Anonymousreply 251May 6, 2019 3:13 AM

NLG already fawning on twitter congratulating her "hot latin dimpled dish of spicy goodness", UGH.

by Anonymousreply 252May 6, 2019 3:17 AM

Why was Tamara Braun not there? She’s always quite the GH cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 253May 6, 2019 3:20 AM

Genie is fawning over him too. Do they all genuflect when he walks in?

by Anonymousreply 254May 6, 2019 3:22 AM

Way to go Mo!!!!! He did a fabulous job last year and that award was richly deserved and you whiny bitches know it. That man puts in the work and cares about the show. Go Mo!!

by Anonymousreply 255May 6, 2019 3:37 AM

R255 = Laura Wright

by Anonymousreply 256May 6, 2019 3:40 AM

How much got cock sucking is Burton going to do in the dressing room tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 257May 6, 2019 3:43 AM

He is on his knees as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 258May 6, 2019 3:54 AM

SB already posted a video of MB - his “mentor” - winning tonight.

by Anonymousreply 259May 6, 2019 3:54 AM

Does Burton spit or swallow?

by Anonymousreply 260May 6, 2019 4:00 AM

Braun posted on Twitter she was too “exhausted” to attend.

by Anonymousreply 261May 6, 2019 4:08 AM

^^^ exhausted from what? Planning her pretend son’s funeral?

by Anonymousreply 262May 6, 2019 4:55 AM

Who sucked Frank's cock last night?

by Anonymousreply 263May 6, 2019 12:01 PM

Can someone explain the new voting process?

by Anonymousreply 264May 6, 2019 12:12 PM

Emmy Winning Actor Mauricio José Morales, better known as, Maurice Benard Here... Any Questions?

by Anonymousreply 265May 6, 2019 1:18 PM

Hi Mo! Just wondering if you ever tip the intern holding up your cue cards?

by Anonymousreply 266May 6, 2019 1:53 PM

Yo Mo! How does your asshole feel after getting licked by everyone last night?

by Anonymousreply 267May 6, 2019 1:56 PM

Congrats Mo!! Well deserved win.

by Anonymousreply 268May 6, 2019 2:16 PM

[quote]Hi Mo! Just wondering if you ever tip the intern holding up your cue cards?

Everyone knows that anyone who works on a Mo Benard set, is well compensated in more ways than one.

[quote]Yo Mo! How does your asshole feel after getting licked by everyone last night?

This award is really for the fans. If any assholes were licked, I do hope it was all of my many. many fans.

[quote]Congrats Mo!! Well deserved win.

Your continued kindness and support means the world to me.

by Anonymousreply 269May 6, 2019 2:23 PM

The Maurice hate is ridiculous. I have followed his career since his rocky AMC days, and he has grown pretty exponentially as an actor. He is a pretty tremendous actor who still gives his 200% to every scene. He is committed to every story, no matter how weak it may be, and that's reflected in his performance. There's a reason many actors look up to him and view him as their mentor. He is THAT good. Like it or not, he is the face of GH and will continue to be as long as the show is on the air or he chooses to pursue other opportunities. Whichever comes first. If you hate him so much, turn off the tube and go jerk off to a photo of John Beradino.

by Anonymousreply 270May 6, 2019 2:32 PM

200% to every scene?

Bwahahahahaahahahha

Delusion or troll?

by Anonymousreply 271May 6, 2019 2:45 PM

R190

Yes Wendy Riche is the EP that berated Genie about her weight. It was routine but there was also the infamous incident when she cruelly did it on the set in front of the actors & crew. Genie later said she'd never work on any show with Wendy

R208

Tony had no issue with Luke & Laura or their legacy until the nasty falling out with Genie. Even then he didn't publicly diss L&L. That happened several years later when he no longer GAF and decided to burn their legacy to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 272May 6, 2019 2:46 PM

Mo should've thanked his cue card person in his undeserving speech.

The fact that that gargoyle with a bad weave over Maura is beyond ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 273May 6, 2019 2:48 PM

What is up with this suit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274May 6, 2019 2:56 PM

Mo refuses to run line with his fellow cast or rehearse. He is above all that.

by Anonymousreply 275May 6, 2019 2:58 PM

R272 Very mature of him. Actors should let their personal feelings get in the way of a fictional story. As for the Mo Cheerleader on here (200%, LOL) if it was not for Max Gail, Mo would be going home empty-handed. Jon Lindstrom had a much tougher assignment - making the audience believe he was an entirely different character than Kevin and he excelled at it. Mo is only the face of the show because the only audience left are the fans of the Fatal Four.

by Anonymousreply 276May 6, 2019 3:00 PM

Meant to type "should not".

by Anonymousreply 277May 6, 2019 3:03 PM

Hot daddy Frank was struttin his stuff at the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 278May 6, 2019 3:05 PM

Jon Lindstrom could play Sonny with ease. Maurice could not have played Kevin/Ryan in a million years. Not believably anyway.

by Anonymousreply 279May 6, 2019 3:05 PM

Jon Lindstrom play Sonny? Like he successfully played Craig on ATWT? Totally overrated actor. Maurice is the best!

by Anonymousreply 280May 6, 2019 3:11 PM

Is Frank Valentini of the homosex persuasion?

by Anonymousreply 281May 6, 2019 3:27 PM

Has Billy Miller commented?

by Anonymousreply 282May 6, 2019 3:34 PM

Remember when Mo and his huge ego killed the Michael Quartermaine story? Yeah, he's a team player all the way.

by Anonymousreply 283May 6, 2019 3:39 PM

I hear that Maura is PISSED that she didn’t win the emmy.

by Anonymousreply 284May 6, 2019 3:40 PM

MW did look rather frozen during the announcement, didn't do the requisite smile and clap for winner.

by Anonymousreply 285May 6, 2019 3:43 PM

I also looked rather frozen.

by Anonymousreply 286May 6, 2019 3:53 PM

The Maurice comment is hysterical. Please

by Anonymousreply 287May 6, 2019 3:56 PM

What was his comment?

by Anonymousreply 288May 6, 2019 4:00 PM

Maura was probably more unhappy that her homely husband was waiting for her at home.

by Anonymousreply 289May 6, 2019 4:11 PM

I doubt if Maura was pissed. She doesn't seem to go down like that. But if she were pissed, I would totally get it. Maura West did an amazing job this year.

by Anonymousreply 290May 6, 2019 4:18 PM

Maura did look pissed, whereas Laura Wright looked surprised AF when she realized the winner wasn't Maura. They also showed one of Maura's kids consoling her, and Maura looked actually upset about it.

by Anonymousreply 291May 6, 2019 4:22 PM

Snags and her bitch of a tv daughter didn’t win.

by Anonymousreply 292May 6, 2019 4:40 PM

Which award did Michael Muhney and Sharon Case present?

by Anonymousreply 293May 6, 2019 4:51 PM

R291

Maura did not look upset when her daughter hugged & kissed her. She looked like a woman content with her life & with perspective: She's well respected in her field, has 3 Emmys & several more noms, has a loving home with a husband & 5 kids.

by Anonymousreply 294May 6, 2019 5:25 PM

R272- I thought it had started long before any trouble with GF because I remember he had to actually apologize publically about a scene they did where Luke calls Nik a bastard in front of Laura. Genie had told him before the scene that it crossed the line - presumably because Laura wasn't allowed to respond- but Tony insisted on it and then later in an interview he admitted it was a mistake.

From that point on, he started to diss L&L so maybe he didn't like the idea of having to admit he was wrong publically.

by Anonymousreply 295May 6, 2019 5:54 PM

Genie was asked about returning for his exit and she said something like “Are you sure he wants me back?” He was asked about that remark and he said “I wonder who she’s been talking to.”

by Anonymousreply 296May 6, 2019 5:57 PM

Would y'all consider Liz Taylor to be the love of Tony's life? They had such chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 297May 6, 2019 6:08 PM

I’ve been watching GH since the rape at the Campus Disco back when I was but a slip of a gayling. GH at 3, The Edge of Night at 4 - tho TEON was my favorite. Obviously my watching has been off and on through the years - many years missed all together. When SoapNet was still a thing, I did get into watching the repeats of the day’s episodes at night (as well as the full run of Ryan’s Hope lol). After SoapNet went off the air, after a while ABC OnDemand drew me back in. Though, due to some real life issues, I haven’t seen an episode since maybe mid-December.

Anyway, sounds like they’ve totally screwed up the cult storyline, as was predicted in many other threads. Too bad - they should have watched OLTL when Mitch had his cult for some pointers.

I just have three questions:

1.) Is the cat out of the bag regarding Wiley being Jonah?

2.) Is Sacha still pretending to be Nina’s daughter? Has it ever been established that her real daughter is still out there?

3.) Have they figured out Kevin is Ryan? How? Any fallout?

I agree with so much that has been posted about bad writing, ridiculous storylines, wasting talent, pushing useless talent, missed opportunities, etc..

In my opinion, three big wasted opportunities were:

1.) Bringing back AJ, only to make him a loser yet again, then kill him. People do actually recover from being an alcoholic. Plenty of potential storylines with AJ as the recovering alcoholic, his relationships with Michael, Carly, rivalry with Sonny, potential romantic couplings. Imagine him and Drew when Drew thought his was Jason? He’d still have a bit of the bad boy in him, but his character could have done much more than what they gave him.

2.) Getting rid of Nikolas, the character. I hope there’s still some plan to bring him back eventually. Given the tease with the crest ring and Cassandra, he could come back as “The Russian” - a referred to and feared new boss of the Russian mob. Maybe him and Val had this deal - fake the death, Nik takes over the mob as at that time, Nik was all about rebuilding the Cassidine fortune, and this was the way he went. Allows Nik to target those he felt did him wrong.

3.) Sending Nell to prison. That actress was phenomenal I thought. She acted circles around everyone she was paired with. There have been plenty of characters who have done worse, and gotten away with it, or had sentences commuted for something they did in prison. Imagine Nell teamed up with new Russian mob boss Nik?

by Anonymousreply 298May 6, 2019 6:31 PM

R295

That was not the cause of their falling out. If you've been on DL you know what it concerned. Anyone else is a frau & not welcome here in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 299May 6, 2019 7:44 PM

Heavens to betsy, r299. You're nastier than the DH to me and the kiddos when he forgets to take his testosterone booster! So, for those of us not in the know, what's the really skinny on Tony and Genie's relationship?

by Anonymousreply 300May 6, 2019 7:47 PM

R299 Everyone hasn't been on DL for donkey's years.

by Anonymousreply 301May 6, 2019 7:49 PM

I wonder if Robert's "Hei Hei Hei Heinrich" line was written that way or if it was one of Tristan's famous ad libs, lol. Glad he's sticking around for Nurses Ball, he will look quite fine in a tux.

by Anonymousreply 302May 7, 2019 1:18 AM

Congrats, Mo! You ARE GH.

by Anonymousreply 303May 7, 2019 3:09 AM

Mo is so hot it makes the wax melt off my face.

by Anonymousreply 304May 7, 2019 2:22 PM

Fuck all of you

by Anonymousreply 305May 7, 2019 5:58 PM

*Grunts in agreement with r305.*

by Anonymousreply 306May 7, 2019 6:01 PM

R305 is the first post to ever be whispered.

by Anonymousreply 307May 7, 2019 6:07 PM

So because of LW's insecurities we have to be saddled this awful, no chemistry whatsoever pairing of WR and KS. Is there no other actress on the show LW wouldn't feel threatened by?

by Anonymousreply 308May 7, 2019 6:12 PM

R308

Well KSt is the only actress chunkier than LW.

by Anonymousreply 309May 7, 2019 7:21 PM

Both ladies need to back up from the table and use the gym at work.

by Anonymousreply 310May 7, 2019 7:57 PM

Jax looks yummy and in great shape. Funny, LW has a ton of chemistry with him and none with MB

by Anonymousreply 311May 7, 2019 8:02 PM

Michelle Stafford and Cynthia Watros together yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312May 7, 2019 8:06 PM

R310 Oh fuck off. LW is a Beach Body coach!

And I hope they remember Jax’s history and let him interact with others. I don’t want him stuck with just Joss and Snarls.

by Anonymousreply 313May 7, 2019 8:07 PM

fat beach body coach

by Anonymousreply 314May 7, 2019 9:04 PM

I love LW. She is the definitive Carly. And Mo is a sex mothafucka. They ARE GH.

by Anonymousreply 315May 7, 2019 10:27 PM

Fuck that fat snaggletooth bitch

by Anonymousreply 316May 7, 2019 11:40 PM

Why is KSt/Maxie front burner and always has a story and BH/Elizabeth is an afterthought? I honestly don’t understand

by Anonymousreply 317May 8, 2019 3:26 AM

For some reason, FV loves KSt. I don’t understand the fascination either. She can’t act and Maxie is a horrible character. They ruined her back during the Lucky affair. And why they give her every young hit newbie is beyond me. She’s pointless and only still around because of BJs heart.

Or maybe they just want to keep her working so she doesn’t get “sick” again.

by Anonymousreply 318May 8, 2019 11:06 AM

Kirsten Storms looks pregnant and like Amy’s twin.

by Anonymousreply 319May 8, 2019 11:34 AM

Amy is prettier

by Anonymousreply 320May 8, 2019 12:23 PM

I'm missing Stafford as Nina already, even though she's still on screen. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of Watros. I found her totally overrated on GL and will probably bomb on GH. She comes off as uppity on screen, which is not appealing at all.

by Anonymousreply 321May 8, 2019 2:29 PM

The Stafford troll needs better material.

by Anonymousreply 322May 8, 2019 2:31 PM

Was Ninugh one of the only new female characters who wasn't forced to hop on Stumpy's dick?

by Anonymousreply 323May 8, 2019 2:36 PM

Watros won’t last long because of her drinking problem.

by Anonymousreply 324May 8, 2019 3:21 PM

MS and MB would look ridiculous as love interests. LW already overpowers him.

by Anonymousreply 325May 8, 2019 3:58 PM

The only problem we'll have with CW's drinking is if she misses our after-work Happy Hours.

by Anonymousreply 326May 8, 2019 4:44 PM

Yes, r321 uppity won't work for a character like Nina at all. She's very down-to-earth.

by Anonymousreply 327May 8, 2019 4:49 PM

Rebecca Budig back IN as Hayden.

by Anonymousreply 328May 9, 2019 12:00 AM

Is this real Hayden?

by Anonymousreply 329May 9, 2019 12:04 AM

It is true she is returning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330May 9, 2019 12:59 AM

I only want Hayden back if she’s here to usher Finn off canvas. There is no need for her. So sick of Frank’s pets.

by Anonymousreply 331May 9, 2019 1:16 AM

Just how much cash did MIchelle Stafford free up? Damn, she must have been making Mo, SBu, money.

by Anonymousreply 332May 9, 2019 1:20 AM

Wow, The Staff's salary sure did free up a lot of money, first Ingo , now Rebecca and Cynthia probably did come cheap either. 3 for the price of 1. Wonder if there's enough left over to lock in Tristan with a contract, that would be welcome news.

by Anonymousreply 333May 9, 2019 1:20 AM

R331 I hope she gets to strengthen her relationship with her sister.

by Anonymousreply 334May 9, 2019 1:27 AM

I’d rather them bring Liz’s real sister back and not this pointless character.

by Anonymousreply 335May 9, 2019 1:29 AM

If comatose Miller leaves when his contract ends that will free up some more money. GH needs to not hire anyone else until they write out several.

by Anonymousreply 336May 9, 2019 2:24 AM

Finn and Anna are one of the worse pairings ever on this show. They are just so damn boring and the same conversation over, over and over again. I would love having Robert Scorpio back full time, but not if he is going to turn into another Sonny ass-kisser. What is with the lovefest between Jason and Jax? I thought Jax was going to genuflect for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 337May 9, 2019 3:10 AM

Sonny and Jason are this show's supercouple....this era's Luke and Laura. Maurice and Steve are amazing actors. Deal, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 338May 9, 2019 3:25 AM

LMFAO!! Frank certainly has knows his audience! All the clamoring for Rebecca Budig to return! Bwhahahahaa!

He is such a disaster

by Anonymousreply 339May 9, 2019 3:58 AM

Budig is only back because FH will be out for health related reasons.

by Anonymousreply 340May 9, 2019 4:17 AM

Chris Robinson IN as Dr. Rick Webber

by Anonymousreply 341May 9, 2019 6:37 AM

Michael’s kid is going to be in high school by the time this switch story ends.

by Anonymousreply 342May 9, 2019 10:40 AM

No one gives a flying fuck about Finn

by Anonymousreply 343May 9, 2019 11:02 AM

I liked Finn with Hayden. What I especially loved was Hayden's loving and motherly way towards Roxy.

by Anonymousreply 344May 9, 2019 2:14 PM

Budig is only back for an arc. She won't be staying.

by Anonymousreply 345May 9, 2019 2:37 PM

Is KM leaving?

by Anonymousreply 346May 9, 2019 2:56 PM

Give me Jax and Scorpio any day over Sonny and Jason. Would love to see Robert back with Anna.

by Anonymousreply 347May 9, 2019 3:21 PM

Robert all day any day! Anna and Robert forever!

by Anonymousreply 348May 9, 2019 3:31 PM

Doesn't FH usually take off a good part of the summer every year? If it's not just vacation and really is something serious, I hope all turns out well.

by Anonymousreply 349May 9, 2019 6:03 PM

This cult story has become such a mess. Sam is willing to have sex with Shiloh over the pledge? I don’t understand her reasoning besides the fact that she’s misses being a slut.

by Anonymousreply 350May 9, 2019 7:12 PM

Does it annoy anyone else that Maxie wears low cut V necklines and never shows any scar from her heart transplant? At least other soaps have had characters made up with scars they got thru their storylines. I’m thinking of Todd on OLTL and Eve Donovan on DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 351May 9, 2019 7:42 PM

Maxie made a comment somewhere along the line about having plastic surgery to fix her scar.

by Anonymousreply 352May 9, 2019 7:44 PM

She talked about Felicia letting her get plastic surgery way back when Robyn Richards was in the role.

What does annoy me is Maxie supposedly being the pretty and popular cheerleader in high school and getting all of the hot newbies as love interests despite having KSt in the role. Just completely unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 353May 9, 2019 8:09 PM

KSt should be playing Rosie O'Donnell's daughter. They look alike.

by Anonymousreply 354May 9, 2019 8:11 PM

I think Sam secretly wants to do the nasty with Shiloh. Creepy as he is, still has an actual personality and Jason doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 355May 9, 2019 8:23 PM

I'm not sure it's "secretly" anymore.

She told Jason she wants to get raped by him.

by Anonymousreply 356May 9, 2019 8:35 PM

What makes no sense is that it can not be rape now that she is willingly going to have sex with him. Sam is setting Shiloh up for a false rape accusation and filming it. It's entrapment.

by Anonymousreply 357May 9, 2019 8:52 PM

JPS, Josh Swickard, Lynn Herring and Jackie Zeman are doing a Facebook Live Fri 5/10 at 3:30 ET, that's an interesting grouping.

by Anonymousreply 358May 9, 2019 11:16 PM

Sharon Wyatt IN as Tiffany Hill Drake Webber Quartermaine Holt.

She got around a little while off screen.

by Anonymousreply 359May 9, 2019 11:41 PM

Tiffany only married once, to Sean Donely.. I thought she has some bone disease of the jaw that impacted her speech? She really coming or are you just joshing R359?

by Anonymousreply 360May 9, 2019 11:54 PM

I see Frank is still trying to make Easton relevant on this show. Give it the fuck up already.

by Anonymousreply 361May 10, 2019 2:22 AM

r361, I trolldarred you and enjoy and agree with your posts but am a bit puzzled by the Finn hate mission. Some credible arguments in prior threads were made favor of ME's worthiness.

by Anonymousreply 362May 10, 2019 3:35 AM

Sorry, r362, I have never read one "credible" argument to justify ME on this show as not one, but four characters. The thing you should be puzzled about is Frank's obvious agenda.

by Anonymousreply 363May 10, 2019 3:45 AM

That's you in regard to your first sentence. You can hate him but you go overboard. As for FV, I'm not that puzzled by him.

by Anonymousreply 364May 10, 2019 4:26 AM

Just joshing, R360. Like to see who remembers some of these characters from (several) years passed.

Yes, I had heard about Sharon's bone/jaw issue. There was coverage of her on one of those Inside Edition or ET shows, and it was painful to see. Hard to watch her in that condition.

by Anonymousreply 365May 10, 2019 11:49 AM

I like ME and Finn. I know I'm not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 366May 10, 2019 5:11 PM

He gave us our sweet Roxy and that's all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 367May 10, 2019 5:16 PM

R365 That was many years ago now. I hate to say this, but I expect to see her obit soon. There were at least two opportunities where they could have easily brought her back had she been available, I think Sean Donely came back for a quick appearance. And there was mention of a daughter. But no Tiffany.

by Anonymousreply 368May 10, 2019 5:25 PM

Thanks R365 - I got a little excited thinking maybe she was doing much better than the prognosis she had been given. Sadly, I do tend to agree with R368.

by Anonymousreply 369May 10, 2019 5:59 PM

There are so many cult documentaries out there that could’ve been researched. There is no excuse for this Dawn of Day story being so boring.

by Anonymousreply 370May 10, 2019 7:52 PM

Stafford was already a total bomb as Nina, so what difference if Watros will be as well?

by Anonymousreply 371May 10, 2019 8:40 PM

You said it, R67! MSE!!!

by Anonymousreply 372May 11, 2019 12:05 AM

Bye Michelle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373May 11, 2019 4:09 AM

Did the whole GH cast meet up afterward to wish Michelle good luck? lol It was more like here’s your fucken cake, good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 374May 11, 2019 4:46 AM

[R373] Wow, that's a pretty pathetic send-off.

by Anonymousreply 375May 11, 2019 4:57 AM

Wow. Super pathetic send off party. Shows exactly how the cast felt about Michelle Stafford.

by Anonymousreply 376May 11, 2019 6:17 AM

TheY&R cast dreads Staff infections return.

by Anonymousreply 377May 11, 2019 9:57 AM

Has she mentioned anything about returning to Y&R yet?

by Anonymousreply 378May 11, 2019 12:06 PM

No

by Anonymousreply 379May 11, 2019 12:20 PM

OK, so Michelle Stafford has worked her last day and also had a goodbye cake and party.

So, what is the dirt about a falling out between Stafford and Roger Howarth?

by Anonymousreply 380May 11, 2019 12:28 PM

There may have been more cast there; it is just one picture.

by Anonymousreply 381May 11, 2019 12:44 PM

How come no one (read: a specific someone) has no problem with all the Stafford hate? But yet must troll for posts who don't like Easton?

by Anonymousreply 382May 11, 2019 1:06 PM

Staff got a cake at the hub with whoever worked that day.

Gina T. got a huge party away from the studio attended by the majority of the cast & tons of the crew.

LOL Oh to be a fly on the wall when she returns to the studio.

by Anonymousreply 383May 11, 2019 2:35 PM

Frank can't afford a big party.

by Anonymousreply 384May 11, 2019 2:36 PM

I saw a picture of the big Y&R party for Gina T., Sharon Case looked like she had tears in her eyes, I'm serious.

by Anonymousreply 385May 11, 2019 2:44 PM

Well they like Gina over at Y&R. Stafford.....not so much.

by Anonymousreply 386May 11, 2019 2:59 PM

Is anyone else PUZZLED by the extreme Stafford hate?

by Anonymousreply 387May 11, 2019 3:01 PM

Stafford = Scientology.

That's my guess.

by Anonymousreply 388May 11, 2019 3:02 PM

Stafford is a bitch and not a good actress. She repeats her lines. She repeats her lines. Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 389May 11, 2019 3:19 PM

r389, I enjoy your posts but I am completely PUZZLED by your hate for Stafford. There have been a lot of credible arguments as to her benefit to the show.

by Anonymousreply 390May 11, 2019 3:24 PM

Perfect time to get the picture of Jon Lindstrom. He looks as if he can’t wait for Stafford to get the fuck outta there.

I like Easton as Finn and I like him with the beloved Anna.

by Anonymousreply 391May 11, 2019 3:55 PM

R373, What's Ingo doing there? Has he ever worked with her on GH?

by Anonymousreply 392May 11, 2019 5:12 PM

R392 He is thanking her for freeing up enough money for him to return.

by Anonymousreply 393May 11, 2019 5:14 PM

R393 , lol!

by Anonymousreply 394May 11, 2019 5:17 PM

All the YR actors are leaving GH.

by Anonymousreply 395May 11, 2019 5:18 PM

^^^ So BM and EH next? If so, Jason Thompson better watch his back....

by Anonymousreply 396May 11, 2019 5:21 PM

Jason has watched his back ever since Chrissy came up behind him in the Y&R showers.

by Anonymousreply 397May 11, 2019 5:29 PM

The gh cast likes Stafford a lot. It's just FV can't afford shit.

by Anonymousreply 398May 11, 2019 6:05 PM

They had to use the party fund to pay for the new Corinthos kitchen set.

by Anonymousreply 399May 11, 2019 6:16 PM

Was Howarth at the Staff's going away party?

by Anonymousreply 400May 11, 2019 6:21 PM

I’d love for JT to return. I’d rather see him than Finn. Chem test him with TB. Or bring on GT as Sarah Webber and throw them together.

by Anonymousreply 401May 11, 2019 6:59 PM

I assume Ingo was there because he is on the show now. What difference does it make if he hasn't had scenes with her? He is the only one who looks happy in that picture!

by Anonymousreply 402May 11, 2019 7:20 PM

Can they use some of the freed up money to get Genie a new wardrobe? They’re dressing her as frumpy as they did in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 403May 11, 2019 9:41 PM

R403 I wish they'd do something with her hair. I don't mind the length, but it needs to not be parted down the middle and to have some body to it.

by Anonymousreply 404May 11, 2019 9:55 PM

I prefer Genie's hair the way it is now. Curled and coiffed styles are always unflattering on her. It's like big hair puffs her entire body up.

by Anonymousreply 405May 11, 2019 10:49 PM

Genie's hair is too lifeless & long. She should get a longer bob & she desperately needs highlights.

Maxie needs to seriously drop some weight & her roots are always a disaster.

Nancy has had the same hair for close 25 years. Talk about being in a rut. And for Christ's sake cut those bangs.

by Anonymousreply 406May 11, 2019 10:57 PM

Nancy should grow out the bangs. She doesn't need them.

by Anonymousreply 407May 11, 2019 11:25 PM

Genie is a big gal and they are putting her in clothes that don't suit her. I don't know why she can't keep the weight off.

by Anonymousreply 408May 11, 2019 11:28 PM

Genie's 57th is birthday coming up real soon. She's a Taurus on the cusp of Gemini.

by Anonymousreply 409May 11, 2019 11:45 PM

taurus are assholes...i live with one. total dick.

by Anonymousreply 410May 11, 2019 11:50 PM

Actually, Tauruses are the least bitched about sign.

by Anonymousreply 411May 12, 2019 12:03 AM

Isn’t Genie a Gemini? Like Tony Geary

by Anonymousreply 412May 12, 2019 1:21 AM

Wardrobe hates her and KS

by Anonymousreply 413May 12, 2019 1:50 AM

They've never dressed Genie in anything appropriate, even when she was a teenager on the show.

If you've ever seen the clip of when she throws Luke's keys off the cliff to save him from doing the hit on Mitch Williams, she's dressed in plain blouse and an A line skirt with a huge sweater that doesn't look like it fits her. And she's got a purse slung over her arm that's the size of a piece of luggage.

She looked like a retired real estate agent and she was only 18 years old.

by Anonymousreply 414May 12, 2019 2:28 AM

"She looked like a retired real estate agent and she was only 18 years old."

One of the funniest DL lines in recent memory.

by Anonymousreply 415May 12, 2019 2:35 AM

Good one R414, you really cracked me up. Still laughing to myself.

by Anonymousreply 416May 12, 2019 2:56 AM

Go back to the late 70s and watch Genie Francis's scenes as a teenaged Laura. Cut to the 90s and watch Jackie Zeman rip to shreds after BJ's death. Then watch Sarah Brown bring the show back to life when Carly was introduced. No actress currently on the show even comes close. Perhaps Maura if given better material, and GF is an acting shadow of her past self.

(and who's that woman playing Bobbie Spencer? She looks nothing like Zeman).

by Anonymousreply 417May 12, 2019 7:26 AM

Genie would look much better with a short bob similar to Willow's cut. Her hair always looks greasy and stringy and makes her look frumpy too. Those black pantsuits have to go.

by Anonymousreply 418May 12, 2019 8:20 AM

There is a serious issue with the lighting on this show that makes all blonde/highlighted hair look slick and greasy or fake, with the exception maybe of MW’s.

by Anonymousreply 419May 12, 2019 12:37 PM

Lighting is really bad. So dark. Agree, it makes actor's hair look bad.

by Anonymousreply 420May 12, 2019 1:29 PM

Everyone raves about LW’s hair but it almost looks like a wig to me. The coloring is horrible. Way too light.

by Anonymousreply 421May 12, 2019 1:35 PM

I agree about LW; I think those are extensions not her real hair.

by Anonymousreply 422May 12, 2019 3:14 PM

All this talk of hair and no mention of TB's stringy hair. She would look so much better if they added a few extensions and gave her a fuller head of hair, the flat, thin hair is adding to her unhealthy look imo.

by Anonymousreply 423May 12, 2019 4:10 PM

Tamara is constantly tweeting how exhausted she is. She also has insomnia. I feel bad for her. It could be her vegan diet.

by Anonymousreply 424May 12, 2019 4:31 PM

Is there anyone who's git a wall faster than Monaco?

She was still attractive a couple years ago but now she looks beat as hell..

by Anonymousreply 425May 12, 2019 4:47 PM

Yes, Kelly has lost her youthful glow, but she is still sexy and DTF. I can imagine Kelly and Billy fucking. He probably rams the fuck out of her and moans for more. I can't imagine Laura and Wes fucking. Do they even have sex?

by Anonymousreply 426May 12, 2019 6:35 PM

Kelly looks fine, she just has an unhappiness to her on screen.

She always seems miserable.

by Anonymousreply 427May 12, 2019 6:49 PM

Stupid scene from Friday: Laura looks at all the built up mail but is not suspicious. No mail man would EVER let that much mail build up without alerting authorities.

by Anonymousreply 428May 12, 2019 7:27 PM

Kelly looks hard and tired. She’s been looking drained for years.

by Anonymousreply 429May 12, 2019 7:35 PM

[quote] I can't imagine Laura and Wes fucking. Do they even have sex?

Bite your tongue! I need and receive penetration nightly and like to get in a day session too when possible. Gotta keep up with me or adios I'm on to the next good thing.

by Anonymousreply 430May 12, 2019 7:43 PM

R426 I actually imagine LW and Wes are fucking like rabbits.

by Anonymousreply 431May 12, 2019 10:26 PM

Genie has a face shape that long hair compliments.

by Anonymousreply 432May 13, 2019 6:29 AM

The Staff has had her goodbye cake so I;m back as promised regarding the fallout between her & Roger.

Roger's wife was out in LA with him and she visited the studio. MS kept picking at Cari in her typical sanctimonious cunty fashion. It escalated to where MS stepped into Cari's personal space & Roger had to step in between MS & his wife. MS was being a true aggressive cunt. Roger told her to never speak to his wife like that & to back the fuck off.

Roger & Staff had had difficulties before but it was all related to work. He likes to be rehearsed but they were able to actually do the work without any problems. The incident happened to occur during Roger's 3 month window of contract negotiations. He went to FV and said he could no longer work with Staff due to how she attacked his wife.. Roger said he'd be OK with leaving the show if GH wanted to continue the pairing but he couldn't. As I said it luckily happened during the negotiation period so changes were made to start disentangling Frina and the seeds were started for Elizabeth & Franco.

by Anonymousreply 433May 13, 2019 2:57 PM

Thank you r433.

by Anonymousreply 434May 13, 2019 3:05 PM

Friz is horrible. Thanks a lot, Michelle!

by Anonymousreply 435May 13, 2019 3:13 PM

Did Michelle ask RH’s wife about his cheating ways? Is that the space MS invaded? Its a well known fact.

by Anonymousreply 436May 13, 2019 3:17 PM

I wonder if Mrs. JPS baked her own good riddance cake and celebrated at home that the nutcase is gone.

by Anonymousreply 437May 13, 2019 3:18 PM

R436

Only an igit like you would think RoHo's affair from 10 years ago would have any pertinence to what I dropped. SMDH

by Anonymousreply 438May 13, 2019 3:48 PM

So Drew and Jason had to shake hands today, wonder if that is the scene the Blind said the network had Security on hand for just in case...

by Anonymousreply 439May 13, 2019 6:38 PM

R438 You really didn’t drop anything newsworthy.

by Anonymousreply 440May 13, 2019 7:52 PM

Did they rewrite Oscar’s story today? They’re claiming Kim brought him here to meet his family but I’m pretty sure she wasn’t aware of his relatives before they arrived?

by Anonymousreply 441May 13, 2019 8:43 PM

I think it is newsworthy, would never have even remotely guessed it had to do with RH's wife.

Her over the top scientology personality really is annoying (like Kirstie Alley, Leah Remini, Jenna Elfman). I noticed she immediately roped the newbie young women at GH into promoting her skincare line, CL, HE, OldValerie, Sasha...they probably didn't know how to fend her off. Maybe Mrs. H. wasn't interested in switching skincare regimes?

What was MS like with her Y&R co-stars? I've never watched and all I know is she is good friends with CLB and she spit on someone.

by Anonymousreply 442May 13, 2019 8:59 PM

R441 - Sloppy writing; I picked up on that one right away. Even before he lost his memory, Drew had no knowledge of being a Quartermaine when he and Kim were together.

by Anonymousreply 443May 13, 2019 9:15 PM

They’re really going all out for that dopey kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444May 13, 2019 9:38 PM

Can't believe Sam and Drew shared a scene together alone.

by Anonymousreply 445May 13, 2019 10:07 PM

Was Monaco awake in the scene?

by Anonymousreply 446May 13, 2019 10:21 PM

^Yes

by Anonymousreply 447May 13, 2019 10:24 PM

[quote]So Drew and Jason had to shake hands today, wonder if that is the scene the Blind said the network had Security on hand for just in case...

Yes. The only time they speak is if they have scenes together and you can cut the tension whenever they are even near each other. After Steve's watermelon and fried chicken comments several weeks ago, Billy has been "extra woke" around the set lately.

by Anonymousreply 448May 13, 2019 10:33 PM

R442

MS was a bear to deal with on YR. She's coo for cocoa puffs when it comes to CO$. Sharon Case was a CO$ but left it after her divorce. That inflamed MS & she would lash out at SC. The actor playing Jeanne's Cooper's husband had been in CO$ for decades but he left it. He said members stalked him & his family & were threatening.

MS harassed him on the set telling him she could get him fired & the CO$ could make sure he never worked again. He went to CBS/Sony to complain but they brushed him off. Jeanne stepped in & backed him up. That got them involved & MS was called on the carpet for creating a hostile work environment.

She was very temperamental & very possessive where Morrow was concerned.

I doubt many at YR are happy about her return. I've never seen such an outpouring of love & respect for someone as the actors have had for Gina R.

by Anonymousreply 449May 13, 2019 10:38 PM

Thanks r449

by Anonymousreply 450May 13, 2019 10:55 PM

R422

That's all Laura Wright's hair.

by Anonymousreply 451May 13, 2019 10:59 PM

Gina Tognoni is a pro. She's been at three different shows and the casts and crew loved her. Professional and, especially as Dinah, exciting and edgy.

TPTB loved her so much that when she had a bit of a personal meltdown on the GL set, they covered for her and mediated between the parties involved.

The Staff has not especially been well liked at any set she's been at. She has her friends, but she is not one of the people who everyone finds easy to work with.

by Anonymousreply 452May 13, 2019 11:07 PM

RH's wife is a NY'er. She doesn't take that kind of crap. MS picked on the wrong woman. That said having everyone know about Roger and his mistress, during ATWT, and I knew crew from that show. Believe me, everyone knew. Must have been hard but I'm glad he hopefully dumped the ho and went back to his wife who was always very supportive of him, both financially in the beginning and emotionally after he hit it big as Todd. Roger never had to had to struggle to keep trying to get parts in the beginning thanks to his wife.

by Anonymousreply 453May 14, 2019 1:02 AM

More on GT’s GL meltdown, please

by Anonymousreply 454May 14, 2019 1:03 AM

R454 Gina was dating Tom Pelphrey, and they had an acrimonious breakup. He was two timing her with Stephanie Gashchet, that vapid wonk-eyed simp who played Tammy. Tom and Stephanie dated for several years after.

I have heard various stories - some that she found out while doing a scene, one that she walked in on them fucking in a dressing room - but she apparently lost it and had a meltdown, doing some damage to the dressing room. It was apparently quite a thing and went on long enough that Broadcast Center security were called to calm things down and escort her from the building.

Sorry GHers. But I was asked!

by Anonymousreply 455May 14, 2019 1:14 AM

Cari/Kari whatever the fuck her name is took back her cheating husband...she'll take anything after that.

by Anonymousreply 456May 14, 2019 1:42 AM

Why is this frau so fixated on Roger Howarth having an affair like he's the only man or woman ever to cheat? Having an affair with a co-star has been going since the dawn of time. No one cares. It's not scandalous or shocking. Unless this silly frau is the jilted woman Howarth had an affair with and thinks this will damage his reputation.

by Anonymousreply 457May 14, 2019 2:38 AM

It was shocking to all who know them. They were thought by all to be THE couple that was so much in love that could never happen to them. Usually it's not a shock at all but it was with Roger. It was shocking enough for his son to stop talking to him and moving out and he and his son were thisclose.

by Anonymousreply 458May 14, 2019 3:09 AM

Oh GMAB! He had an affair but he & his wife worked thru it & reconciled. The list of people who've had affairs is a mile long. Some of you act like he's the only person in the entire world that has ever strayed.

It's been more than 10 years ago. It could've ended them but it didn't.

by Anonymousreply 459May 14, 2019 7:25 AM

Well Roger does have the big peen.

by Anonymousreply 460May 14, 2019 7:25 AM

RH May have a big peen, but he’s a butterface.

by Anonymousreply 461May 14, 2019 1:10 PM

You just KNOW a man has had that big peen in his hands and mouth.

by Anonymousreply 462May 14, 2019 1:16 PM

Endless days about Oscar. As usual, Frank certainly knows what his audience wants.

by Anonymousreply 463May 14, 2019 1:38 PM

Sometimes soaps can really be blind to what's working and what isn't. I give Days a pass because they tape so far in advance. But GH is like 4/6 weeks out, so they can easily correct things that aren't working. It's clear there was disconnect between what the production was seeing in this Oscar storyline versus what the audience was seeing. Maybe it was because Oscar wasn't cute. You should always fall back on the Bill Bell rule. Cast pretty people to distract your audience while they're learning to act or you're fixing your story.

by Anonymousreply 464May 14, 2019 1:50 PM

r464, please. Frank plays his own agenda regardless of what "works" or not. He was determined to create some ridiculous sad teen love story, likely trying to ape those types of movies. (High School Musical, anyone?)

by Anonymousreply 465May 14, 2019 1:55 PM

Alright, R465. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

by Anonymousreply 466May 14, 2019 1:57 PM

I honestly think FV had the idea of creating a modern day Stone & Robin.

Anyone with 2 brain cells could've told him that wouldn't work for a whole host of reasons.

by Anonymousreply 467May 14, 2019 2:06 PM

John Callahan IN as Leo Russell

by Anonymousreply 468May 14, 2019 2:10 PM

r467, he has no connection to GH history nor does he care about it. I guarantee you it was pitched/designed as a ripoff of all these "teen" movies

by Anonymousreply 469May 14, 2019 2:13 PM

The show also needs to work around actor's whims.

The sudden stop to Nina's on-going storylines suggest that MS abruptly informed the show she was leaving immediately and they've obviously had a tough time negotiating with her for her long transition time off the show.

by Anonymousreply 470May 14, 2019 4:08 PM

It is so bizarre to me that Lulu is hardly ever involved with Charlotte and Ms. Tait. ER is on contract. WHY is Nina at every single parent meeting? And what was the point of Liz being in today’s episode when she only had one line regarding HER child? I am so sick of Nina and Franco leading this story when it should be Liz. Not to mention the story is about AIDEN who we never even see!

by Anonymousreply 471May 14, 2019 7:09 PM

With the school year ending, this will likely be the last chance for scenes of Nina and Willow fighting over Charlotte. If they're going to pursue Willow being Nina's real daughter, they'll need to find new ways to bring them together.

by Anonymousreply 472May 14, 2019 7:34 PM

So the only thing we’re going on re: Willow being Nina’s daughter is that they don’t get along?

by Anonymousreply 473May 14, 2019 7:49 PM

Maybe Charlotte will have to go to summer school.

by Anonymousreply 474May 14, 2019 8:31 PM

KS kept her blouse on of course!

by Anonymousreply 475May 14, 2019 8:53 PM

R475

To our great relief.

by Anonymousreply 476May 14, 2019 8:56 PM

The Roho frau are here wants to suck his cock real badly.

by Anonymousreply 477May 14, 2019 9:27 PM

Did anything happen with Liz's trans friend?

by Anonymousreply 478May 14, 2019 9:46 PM

I wanted Peter and Maxie’s plane to crash

by Anonymousreply 479May 14, 2019 9:55 PM

And land on Sonny and Jason when it crashes.

by Anonymousreply 480May 14, 2019 10:30 PM

The heat generated from that Peter/Amy, I mean, Maxie sex scene was incredible.

by Anonymousreply 481May 14, 2019 11:09 PM

R471

ER probably has pretty low minimums. Mac was on about 10 a year the last few years he was contract.

by Anonymousreply 482May 14, 2019 11:09 PM

My God! Maxie looked like a whale who body slammed Peter.

I can't stand WR or Peter but that was the worst love scene I've seen & for once it had nothing to do with WR. Somebody needs to tell her to get her figure together if she wants to be onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 483May 14, 2019 11:56 PM

The thought of Maxie and Peter makes me gag. I don't find WR the least bit attractive and Maxie is a hot mess. I will skip watching this ON Demand later.

by Anonymousreply 484May 15, 2019 12:09 AM

I think they should just show more reruns to save money. Today was yet another pointless script chocked full of cliches start to end.

by Anonymousreply 485May 15, 2019 12:24 AM

Today’s episode was awful. What was even the point of making Laura the mayor?

by Anonymousreply 486May 15, 2019 12:42 AM

If anyone doesn't find Wes Ramsey attractive and sexy, they must be a lesbian or blind.

by Anonymousreply 487May 15, 2019 12:45 AM

I had not tuned in for some time. I don’t like being mean but Maxie the Hutt’s time has passed.

by Anonymousreply 488May 15, 2019 1:00 AM

When Maxie hip checked Peter onto the bed......gurl...I lost it.

by Anonymousreply 489May 15, 2019 1:20 AM

Maxie belly flopped on him like a fat kid belly flopping off the high dive. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 490May 15, 2019 1:45 AM

She needs some MonaVie

by Anonymousreply 491May 15, 2019 1:55 AM

Have we ever determined who is the top/bottom in the Steve/Mo relationship?

by Anonymousreply 492May 15, 2019 2:45 AM

The choreography of all the sex scenes is exactly the same. It's just the cast members that revolve every 3rd week. Talk about paint by numbers.

And every time a character dies, all you hear uttered by anyone else is the tired, cliche line, "I'm so sorry for your loss!". There are dozens of other ways to communicated condolences. "I condole you!" for one! lol

Really. Anyone else bugged by this?

by Anonymousreply 493May 15, 2019 2:55 AM

Let's play a game... What five characters would you cut from GH? The only rule is the big 4, Maura West, Easton, and Howarth are untouchable.

by Anonymousreply 494May 15, 2019 3:01 AM

For being a "public" person, Frank has not given anything away about his personal life 30+ years.

by Anonymousreply 495May 15, 2019 3:01 AM

R494 Valentine, Nina, Sasha, Kim

by Anonymousreply 496May 15, 2019 3:09 AM

r494

I would KonMari the following 5 characters as they do not spark joy:

Peter

Drew

Kim

Maxie

Jordan (free Curtis up to be with someone he has chemistry with and free up the job for Robert Scorpio)

by Anonymousreply 497May 15, 2019 3:10 AM

Declutter:

Nina

Laura

Anna

Kevin

Sasha

These characters add zero to a barely interesting show.

by Anonymousreply 498May 15, 2019 3:17 AM

Get rid of

Nina -- useless character who hasn't added anything in five years

Drew -- let Billy sleepwalk on some other stage; show clearly doesn't care about the character now that the real Jason is back and just seems to be riding things out until his contract is up.

Kim -- poorly conceived character

Peter -- poorly conceived character

Maxie -- give this character a rest for a while

Keep Valentin -- a fascinating character with lots of potential if you get him out of Nina's orbit

Keep Laura -- she should be a central character who serves as the show's moral center

Keep Anna -- just give her storyline's worthy of her talents (fake memories making her question whether she is Robin's mother are so beneath her talents, yet Finola managed to sell it).

Keep Robert -- show just feels so much better having him around

by Anonymousreply 499May 15, 2019 3:34 AM

Obviously they don't care if Maxie is overweight. I don't get how. I know they probably give her leeway because of her issues but you can't bet they wouldn't let KM or BH gain that weight, issues or no.

But even if she lost weight her scars and her bad make up would still be distracting.

Still, she doesn't look nearly as distracting as SB or LW do at times.

by Anonymousreply 500May 15, 2019 4:00 AM

^SB and LW in scenes together does damage to my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 501May 15, 2019 4:23 AM

Kirsten has access to the gym at work and she can work out with her bestie Emme.

by Anonymousreply 502May 15, 2019 4:24 AM

The 5 characters I most fast-forward thru: (whether or not they're on your list):

Sam, Jason, Jordan, Jossalyn, and Julian, (accept when he has his shirt off).

by Anonymousreply 503May 15, 2019 4:44 AM

^^except

by Anonymousreply 504May 15, 2019 4:44 AM

Any list that does not have sam on it is automatically out

by Anonymousreply 505May 15, 2019 4:46 AM

Fuck anyone bitching about Drew "not sparking joy" was his son died and not including fucking Sam who looks miserable 4 times a week.....

just stop.

by Anonymousreply 506May 15, 2019 4:49 AM

Why the fuck is MW, Roho...and Easton untouchable?

by Anonymousreply 507May 15, 2019 4:50 AM

Michael Watson OUT as Decker Moss

by Anonymousreply 508May 15, 2019 7:23 AM

Nina. Valentin. Lulu as played by ER. Peter.

I like both of these actors but their characters need to be revamped or else they gotta go... Drew Kim

by Anonymousreply 509May 15, 2019 8:19 AM

I’d cut Lulu, Valentin, Nina, Maxie and Franco.

Why are the Core Four along with Easton untouchable?! Sam has been useless since her first scene.

by Anonymousreply 510May 15, 2019 9:32 AM

I think the core 4 are untouchable on this list to streamline the poll, because it’s already a given they would be on the list.

by Anonymousreply 511May 15, 2019 10:01 AM

Valentini & Varni need to go.

by Anonymousreply 512May 15, 2019 11:01 AM

Varni retweeted the racist podcast.

by Anonymousreply 513May 15, 2019 11:17 AM

Varni’s a clueless ballless moron.

by Anonymousreply 514May 15, 2019 11:44 AM

Rumor

Skye calls Monica. Skye returns with Lila. Skye only stays a couple episodes & leaves Lila Raye.

If they're going to have 3 teen girls then they're going to need to have another teen boy.

by Anonymousreply 515May 15, 2019 1:00 PM

^^^I like this rumor.

Are there any rumors of BM hitching a ride with MS back to Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 516May 15, 2019 2:26 PM

Laura grosses me out with her frequent overly affectionate doting and dispensing words of (yawn) comfort all around to grown adults.

by Anonymousreply 517May 15, 2019 3:24 PM

I’d love Skye back fulltime.

by Anonymousreply 518May 15, 2019 5:37 PM

I loved Skye. The Q's could use a good story.

by Anonymousreply 519May 15, 2019 5:51 PM

Skye was a favorite of mine. Robin Christopher is truly missed. And I’d take teen Lila Rae over Josslyn any day.

by Anonymousreply 520May 15, 2019 7:21 PM

Today's show is another pointless bore. The Scorpio brothers being wasted in a scene talking about the benefits of marriage with Felicia and Anna; Jason and Carly - enuf said and Mike planning on proposing to Yvonne with Finn's engagement ring for Anna, which he found in Kelly's.

by Anonymousreply 521May 15, 2019 7:36 PM

Robert being a prop for Finn and Anna is a nightmare

by Anonymousreply 522May 15, 2019 7:46 PM

Why do they plug the NB so god damn much?

by Anonymousreply 523May 15, 2019 8:23 PM

Kelly looked alive today.

by Anonymousreply 524May 15, 2019 8:23 PM

What is “alive” for her?

Also, can they just let the NB go? It’s horrible.

by Anonymousreply 525May 15, 2019 8:50 PM

So Chase, Joss, Oscar, Valentine, Willow - sing at Nurse's Ball. I'm sure there are others. NLG said the guy who plays Shiloh can sing. How would she know that? Does he sing at NB? Oy.

by Anonymousreply 526May 15, 2019 8:58 PM

At least we’re spared another WK cheese fest.

by Anonymousreply 527May 15, 2019 9:00 PM

Are they going to hold a séance at the NB to summon Oscar for his performance?

That'd be a hard act to follow.

by Anonymousreply 528May 15, 2019 9:21 PM

R500 I don’t get this shows Maxie/KSt love. Why is she always front and center?

by Anonymousreply 529May 15, 2019 9:23 PM

Because she has BJ’s heart

by Anonymousreply 530May 15, 2019 9:29 PM

Is there anything worse than the Nurses Ball?

by Anonymousreply 531May 15, 2019 10:54 PM

R528 Something about a video he made for the occasion.

by Anonymousreply 532May 15, 2019 10:56 PM

Skye and Drew would be a great brother/sister duo. Could see Skye with Jax or even Finn. Love her taking back ELQ!

by Anonymousreply 533May 15, 2019 11:39 PM

R533

You do know Skye/Jax were married & he dumped her Brenda....

by Anonymousreply 534May 16, 2019 12:17 AM

Chase's NB performance is up on FB.

by Anonymousreply 535May 16, 2019 12:21 AM

and it fucking sucks. he cannot dance.

by Anonymousreply 536May 16, 2019 12:44 AM

No Dr. O singing at the NB?

by Anonymousreply 537May 16, 2019 1:24 AM

WHY do we have the Nurses’s Ball?????

by Anonymousreply 538May 16, 2019 2:00 AM

Can't dance. He can sing though.

by Anonymousreply 539May 16, 2019 2:01 AM

R538 Because it is iconic. Let us also not forget that GH bringing attention to HIV/Aids was huge and one of the greatest parts of the show's history.

by Anonymousreply 540May 16, 2019 2:18 AM

One of the things that pisses me off about current soap opera is that most behind the scenes people refuse to accept and write for the reality of the current soap situation. It's not the 80s and 90s, but events like the Nurses Ball end up looking cheap and tacky on the current shoe string budgets that most soaps have.

Those early nurses balls were a big deal with big production values. Now it looks like one of those shows the Little Rascals used to put on. Soap writers and producers need to stop writing for these shows like it's still the 80s and 90s. It never works. Just write the shows for the budgets that they do have. Stop trying to get creative.

by Anonymousreply 541May 16, 2019 2:27 AM

That small stage doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 542May 16, 2019 2:28 AM

Bring back Karaoke Night at the Floating Rib!

by Anonymousreply 543May 16, 2019 3:29 AM

Sam and Shiloh really had chemistry today.

by Anonymousreply 544May 16, 2019 3:57 AM

The red carpet strolls and camera interviews for the NB kill me.

[quote] Now it looks like one of those shows the Little Rascals used to put on.

That would be an improvement.

by Anonymousreply 545May 16, 2019 4:14 AM

They had chemistry after almost one year of this horrible awful storyline, the show can shove it. Or have Sam fall in love with a sexual predator, so we don't have to hear "Franco" ever again from the Sam/JaSam fraus.

by Anonymousreply 546May 16, 2019 4:25 AM

If I could have my way, Thursday and Friday would be the buildup and behind the scenes of the Nurse's Ball, then ABC could give them one hour of primetime on Saturday night for the actual show, they could have a telephone number for people to donate to HIV/Aids charities. It isn't like Saturday is a hot night of television, ABC mainly airs reruns on that night. Then on Monday we could have the behind the scenes aftermath.

by Anonymousreply 547May 16, 2019 4:30 AM

Thank god Luke isn't around for Skye.

I still have nightmares about those scenes of Luke and Skye slumming around in a garbage dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 548May 16, 2019 5:02 AM

Since the show doesn't have the funds anymore to do the NB justice I think they should segue into a new format.

Instead of people sitting at tables watching performances make it a ball with dancing & mingling.

You'd still have everyone dressed up & Lucy could still be about raising donations.

by Anonymousreply 549May 16, 2019 11:11 AM

Lucy has become so fricking annoying leading up to the Nurses’s Ball. Its always the same thing - catastrophe awaits and then she tells the people that they ARE performing in the NB. She doesn’t ask - she tells. I’d say fuck you, I’m not performing.

by Anonymousreply 550May 16, 2019 11:25 AM

Vernee Watson landed a huge gig on a new CBS show. The show is a Chuck Lorre show.

I really hope they just write out Stella & not recast.

by Anonymousreply 551May 16, 2019 12:53 PM

GH sucks at recasting black characters.

by Anonymousreply 552May 16, 2019 1:58 PM

That CBS show looks terrible. I give it three episodes before it’s canceled.

by Anonymousreply 553May 16, 2019 2:04 PM

Aunt Stella’s a nasty old cunt. Bye gurl.

by Anonymousreply 554May 16, 2019 2:06 PM

Skye being dumped for Brenda was the beginning of the end for me watching GH. It was terribly written and Jax and Brenda came off as two big cads. That plus the emergence of Sonny and Jason sealed the deal. Bring Skye and Robert back, dump Sonny and Jason and I'd actually start watching again.

by Anonymousreply 555May 16, 2019 2:19 PM

That entire Skye/Jax/Brenda story was awful. To top it off, Robin Christopher lost the Emmy to Vanessa Marcil which was blasphemy. RC carried that story.

by Anonymousreply 556May 16, 2019 2:27 PM

Skye was the best! Loved her with Jax and Luke. Wish we got more of her and Alcazar. Why wouldn’t they pair her with Sonny? Was she ever with Ric?

by Anonymousreply 557May 16, 2019 3:42 PM

R552

Since they recast Valerie as an amazon, and Jordan's son as a guy the same age as her, I expect a recast Stella to be a demonic dwarf. She'll also have a booming "James Earl Jones" voice that'll defy anyone to challenge her will.

by Anonymousreply 558May 16, 2019 3:45 PM

R557 There was a rumor that Robin and Maurice had issues during AMC and she refused to work with him at GH. They did kiss in a fantasy GH episode though. Ric and Skye would’ve been hot.

by Anonymousreply 559May 16, 2019 4:30 PM

Spinelli needs some of that Sudden Change Under Eye Firming Serum that they advertise late at night on the cable channels that run The Nanny and such. You know the one where they show the time lapse after they apply it to some elderly person's under eye bags.

Also, all this reminiscing about Oscar has no effect whatsoever on the viewers because as has been said a million times before, no one was invested in the character.

Kim is thinking about leaving town? Good idea, can she talk Drew into accompanying her?

by Anonymousreply 560May 16, 2019 6:23 PM

If "Kim" is on contract, here's hoping the contract is expiring.

She serves no purpose.

by Anonymousreply 561May 16, 2019 6:36 PM

I cannot believe how they botched Tamara’s return.

by Anonymousreply 562May 16, 2019 6:43 PM

[quote] I expect a recast Stella to be a demonic dwarf. She'll also have a booming "James Earl Jones" voice that'll defy anyone to challenge her will.

Mini-me Epiphany!

by Anonymousreply 563May 16, 2019 6:55 PM

BA looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 564May 16, 2019 7:01 PM

As I see it, after Kim climbs Mt. Kilimanjaro she should just stay in Africa and join Doctors without Borders or whatever organization it was that kept Leo on Will & Grace from coming back to the States. Drew can stay with her and use all his Q money to open a clinic. Jax can buy Kim's apartment. There all problems solved and Mr. Valentini can stay within budget by recycling Kim's apt and using TB and BM's salaries for a NuNik and maybe consider a Sarah Webber casting and a NuLucky wouldn't hurt either. Can Skye actress be enticed to stay?

by Anonymousreply 565May 16, 2019 7:18 PM

They should’ve kept Ryan around for the NB and had a few dead bodies strewn about.

by Anonymousreply 566May 16, 2019 7:22 PM

Steve and Bradford look like shit.

by Anonymousreply 567May 16, 2019 7:55 PM

The Julexis cunts can pray all they want about Kim and Drew leaving, Kim ain't leaving. FV is obsessed with Tamara and she actually promotes the show all the time. She's not leaving nor is he firing her.

Drew might leave though.

by Anonymousreply 568May 16, 2019 8:02 PM

I'm not a Julexis fan by any stretch of the imagination.

If Kim isn't leaving then I hope she comes back from her road trip re-booted both in character and in story line but I think that would require new writers to actually happen. I would think a Frank pet would warrant better than what she's been given but if this is how he treats his friends, I wouldn't want to be his enemy...

I have a sneaky feeling Drew's departure is in fact in the works and those that know (even on this board) can't really spill the beans. As much as I loathe SB and MB, BM (and KM's) behavior has been so childish I just want him gone. Of course I'd like the loathesome foursome gone too and the Qs and Webbers to be rebuilt but we all know that's never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 569May 16, 2019 8:37 PM

R565 Last I heard, Robin Christopher lives in PA. I doubt she’d come back full time. And I doubt FV would want her back full time.

by Anonymousreply 570May 16, 2019 8:37 PM

R550

Nancy & Kelly both had surgery on their under eye bags. Bradford needs to get the name/names of their plastic surgeon. Nothing topical will correct pronounced eye bags.

At least he has a sense of humor about it. In my TL someone RT'd his comment about him having luggage under his eyes. It's a very easy procedure with rapid recovery time. He desperately needs it done.

by Anonymousreply 571May 16, 2019 8:37 PM

R570

RC is retired. The rumor is she agreed to return for a handful of episodes to drop off Lila Raye.

by Anonymousreply 572May 16, 2019 8:38 PM

BA looks like he has 10lb bags of potatoes under his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 573May 16, 2019 9:01 PM

Monaco looked awful the last two days. Take a break!

by Anonymousreply 574May 16, 2019 9:03 PM

Kelly looks gorgeous at the Nurses Ball.

by Anonymousreply 575May 16, 2019 9:04 PM

KeMo still has bags under her eyes. Is she moonlighting? She looks EXHAUSTED.

by Anonymousreply 576May 16, 2019 9:04 PM

She looks like she needs a nap and some Cuban coffee.

by Anonymousreply 577May 16, 2019 9:11 PM

I still don’t understand Sam having sex with Shiloh and then crying rape. WTF is this story? Kristina is out, a pledge can’t send anyone to jail so why is this happening? Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 578May 16, 2019 9:18 PM

So Drew will desert his living child Scout and his newfound family just like that? It makes no sense given the fact he is so sorry he missed all those years with Oscar. Also, will they at least reveal his memories?

by Anonymousreply 579May 16, 2019 9:30 PM

I agree dumb DOD story and whoever cast Coby McLaughlin as this throwaway character instead of seeing his potential as a NuNik needs to be fired STAT.

by Anonymousreply 580May 16, 2019 9:32 PM

She looks better at the ball but everyone does. Today she looked horrible. A haggard mess.

Get some sleep.

by Anonymousreply 581May 16, 2019 9:33 PM

^Everyone does not look good at the Nurses Ball.

by Anonymousreply 582May 16, 2019 9:37 PM

For fuck's sweet sake - how about giving Carly's pregnancy a rest??? Again she has to go to the hospital because she is having a pain. More of Finn/Robert/Anna teenage story which now includes Mike finding the ring and proposing to his "girlfriend" Yvonne. Is anyone writing this show or are they pulling suggestions out of a hat.

by Anonymousreply 583May 16, 2019 9:56 PM

Are we really supposed to believe that having sex with Shiloh is disgusting? Uh. No. And how is it rape when Sam is knowingly going to see Shiloh with the sole purpose to have sex with him? And setting it up to tape it without his knowledge? If anything, she's entrapping him.

by Anonymousreply 584May 16, 2019 9:58 PM

Bradley Lockerman IN as Casey the Alien

by Anonymousreply 585May 16, 2019 10:00 PM

No one has questioned where Mike got the ring?

by Anonymousreply 586May 16, 2019 10:17 PM

I thought they should have brought back the character of Ric Lansing for Kim. Rick Hearst and Tamara had chemistry, which they could never explore as Ric and Carly.

by Anonymousreply 587May 16, 2019 10:46 PM

R175

Kelly needs a breast lift. You can tell when she goes bra-less like in low cut evening wear like tomorrow. Her tits are now sagging which is to be expected so she definitely needs them lifted.

by Anonymousreply 588May 16, 2019 11:19 PM

Where are guys seeing Nurse's Ball photo's?

by Anonymousreply 589May 16, 2019 11:29 PM

I have the last 11 replies on ignore if that helps.

by Anonymousreply 590May 16, 2019 11:36 PM

R589

On Twitter people posted pics from the new soap magazines.

by Anonymousreply 591May 16, 2019 11:39 PM

Brad Anderson is a hottie!

by Anonymousreply 592May 17, 2019 12:18 AM

Reinvent Kim and keeps Tams! Or lose LW and dye TB hair back to blonde and bring her back as a bad ass real Carly Corinthos!!!!

by Anonymousreply 593May 17, 2019 1:06 AM

Her hair is fried. Tamara was terrible casting.

by Anonymousreply 594May 17, 2019 1:12 AM

New thread link? Did I miss it?

by Anonymousreply 595May 17, 2019 1:59 AM

LW doesn’t compare to TB as Carly. I truly miss her in the role. I wish Kim had some kind of personality. TB was great in scenes like this with Whisperin’ Monaco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596May 17, 2019 2:09 AM

This show is boring AF

by Anonymousreply 597May 17, 2019 2:13 AM

Eek! This thread filled up so fast.

Next thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598May 17, 2019 4:06 AM

Nurse's Ball 2019 coming up in...

by Anonymousreply 599May 17, 2019 4:20 AM

by Anonymousreply 600May 17, 2019 4:20 AM

2....3!

by Anonymousreply 601May 17, 2019 4:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!