Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 43

Carry on with discussion. We're still awaiting the Sussex baby to arrive.

Previous Part 43 is in the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 605April 30, 2019 12:02 AM

^ Previous Part 42

by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2019 7:35 PM

Chesney Wayne Kevin, Earl of Dumbarton

Lady Chanelle Tracy Sharon Mountbatten-Windsor

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2019 7:45 PM

To continue from the last comment in the other thread, I would feel sorry for Meghan if she'd been thrown to the wolves, with no training or instruction about protocol. But she was offered help and ignored it.

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2019 8:18 PM

Meghan is Kate's should to cry on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2019 8:35 PM

A shoulder to cry on ... only to stab the crying one in the back.

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2019 8:41 PM

“As time passed and as Meghan has become more a part of the royal family, the more she has been able to bond with her sister and has learned how to ignore the constant jabs taken at their family.”

It is to laugh. “Her sister”. “Their family”.

by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2019 8:42 PM

>>>A source tells HollywoodLife that ‘She’s let Kate know she supports her and is there for her through anything, like she would anyone else she cares about. Though she is busy getting prepared and focusing for her baby, she is loyal so of course she is sticking by her family during this tough time for them.’

This beggars belief. MM has her own family, including a sister in a wheelchair, and an elderly, ailing, heartbroken father, plus various exes and friends whom she has ghosted without a care...

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2019 8:43 PM

Those huge feathers on her fascinator were SO tacky. Despite quite some time having gone by, I still can't get over their tackiness.

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2019 8:43 PM

Some beg to differ, R8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2019 8:50 PM

I bet the ends were dipped in poison R8

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2019 8:50 PM

In fairness, R7, if Samantha Markle were my sister I would ghost the fuck out of her.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2019 8:54 PM

R9, that's because some are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2019 9:02 PM

Lots of 'Tsk, tsk, tsk. Megs feels so, sooo sorry for poor lil' Kate!' stories out today.

How big of her. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2019 9:09 PM

Well isn't this curious? Why no souvenir announcements?

I find it very curious the American's talking up a story with not a shred of evidence. I wouldn't be surprised if William cheats but there is not evidence he has anything other than an acquaintance relationship with this woman. This whispering campaign is very odd. Also so what if he is a cheat? What does it change?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2019 9:10 PM

Apart from her divorce, has Princess Anne ever been embroiled in other scandals or bad press? I think she is more impressive than any of her brothers.

by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2019 9:12 PM

Part 43 without an announcement?! Who'd have thought it?!

by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2019 9:15 PM

Markle just never bothered to find the important details out. Rose Cholomolowoopla's Grandmather is/ was a close friend of the Queen, and attended her wedding. So both Grandmothers go way back. Silly Sparkle.

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2019 9:20 PM

Was just reading that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2019 9:23 PM

I remember Anne years ago telling photographers to “naff off.” Pretty racy stuff back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2019 9:27 PM

I think if she has a girl Florence would be a good choice. Classy but popular.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2019 9:29 PM

E20 - I don't know if place names like Florence are big in the Royal Family. There are always exceptions in the extended family of course (eg. Peter Phillips has a Savannah). Augusta, Victoria, Adelaide and Carolina are all nice names but also places.

by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2019 9:37 PM

^ R20

by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2019 9:38 PM

Have a strong feeling that MM will challenge the Queen's authority regarding her child. That will be the beginning of the end for them in England.

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2019 9:40 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 27, 2019 9:41 PM

R24 - I don't believe all of these "the feud is over" stories. The timing is very suspect.

The avoidance behavior and lack of interacion between William and Harry at the Queen's birthday at Easter was there for all to see.

by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2019 9:44 PM

The Queen probably hit them both with her hat.

by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2019 9:46 PM

^ interaction

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2019 9:46 PM

R26 - she hit them with her BIG PURSE is more like it.

by Anonymousreply 28April 27, 2019 9:46 PM

R15, she's the only member of the royal family with a criminal record. One of her dogs, a bull terrier, bit two children. She pleaded guilty to a charge under the Dangerous Dogs Act in the early 2000s. She's still nowhere near as tabloid-worthy as Charles and Andrew once were, though.

by Anonymousreply 29April 27, 2019 9:47 PM

"I want that woman out of our family by the end of the year. Right, let's get at it".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 27, 2019 9:49 PM

Surely there’s a closed caption version of the investiture video?! I’d pay to see that!

Notice how Prince Charles directs his “What the fuck are you doing loitering there?” comments to MM. He knows who the instigator is.

I have a feeling MM basically said to Harry, “Let’s join them for the photos. There are cameras everywhere— what are my going to do, cause a scene?”

I wonder if Harry has a history of horning in on events / photo ops?

It must be weird for the BRF to see how much MM actually LOVES the cameras. The BRF sees them as a necessary evil, and prefers privacy.

That’s a class marker as well, I guess. Upper classes value privacy above most things. Trashy guttersnipes want constant attention.

by Anonymousreply 31April 27, 2019 9:52 PM

Comments are taking ages to filter through on that DM article.

by Anonymousreply 32April 27, 2019 9:56 PM

I had kinda forgotten this big run in with Will (investiture video smackdown.)

I think we need look no further for the motivation behind the Rose leak.

The investiture video is devastating— and happened on camera. We know that’s all MM cares about.

by Anonymousreply 33April 27, 2019 9:59 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 27, 2019 9:59 PM

Quelle surprise.

Piece of shit turns out to be a piece of shirt.

by Anonymousreply 35April 27, 2019 10:18 PM

"I sometimes wondered if recent photos of Harry himself are if him doped up and tethered."

by Anonymousreply 36April 27, 2019 10:28 PM

Whoever runs the Sussex Insta account is good at editing. Yes, I know, the unfortunate elephant pic. But still, the photos are artfully chosen, cropped, filtered, heightened. It's someone who genuinely enjoys the creative/aesthetic/expressive possibilities of the app.

By contrast, the Kensington account is pretty straightforward. Good, professional photos, but no special effects.

I'm guessing Meghan personally runs theirs, and enjoys it. Kate and Will are probably content to delegate and review.

by Anonymousreply 37April 27, 2019 10:32 PM

MMs wee little stick legs do make me laugh sometimes, I must admit.

by Anonymousreply 38April 27, 2019 10:33 PM

The “feud is up” stories are indicative of the fact that KP has its own very proactive media/social media strategy.

by Anonymousreply 39April 27, 2019 10:35 PM

The Daily Mail has the best *cough* 'fashion commentary', as well, in my opinion, R36. The subtle cheekiness of many of the items can be very funny. The British press (and many of the British public) know how to turn a phrase, as few others.

by Anonymousreply 40April 27, 2019 10:45 PM

^^^ "Tired and emotional" for drunk and batshit crazy

by Anonymousreply 41April 27, 2019 10:53 PM

Anne had a long-running affair with one of her bodyguards, which allegedly resulted in Zara. Also she was still married to Mark Phillips when she started shagging her present husband Tim Laurence.

by Anonymousreply 42April 27, 2019 10:53 PM

For some reason, I get a vibe that Anne really enjoys (or enjoyed, in her younger years) sex. Like mum, reportedly! I get the same vibe about Zara.

by Anonymousreply 43April 27, 2019 10:55 PM

It must be a horsey thing? As in equestrian thing?

by Anonymousreply 44April 27, 2019 10:56 PM

Well I don't blame Zara in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 45April 27, 2019 10:57 PM

R37 Er...I think the biggest clue that Markle is running the instagram is all the irrelevant pictures of herself that keep being posted...along with the essays telling us that she and Harry are living saints, of course.

How’s her shit tasting today? Especially delicious?

by Anonymousreply 46April 27, 2019 10:59 PM

In her Diana bio, Tina Brown said that a love of horses often goes hand-in-hand with a love of sex. Also true of horsey Camilla, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 47April 27, 2019 11:06 PM

r42 Well her husband was shagging anything that moved, despite being married to her.

by Anonymousreply 48April 27, 2019 11:12 PM

That's why I love Anne. No weepy interviews, no self-serving bios, just FUCK YOU MARK I'M SHAGGING THE HOT BODYGUARD.

Never complain, never explain.

by Anonymousreply 49April 27, 2019 11:17 PM

R23 - The Queen wouldn't remotely exercise any authority over Harry's kids. If anything, the Queen would probably be just as glad if the Sussexes became marginal to the BRF, including their kids.

by Anonymousreply 50April 27, 2019 11:27 PM

R47 - True of the Queen, as well. Diana, on the other hand, hated horses and horse-riding.

by Anonymousreply 51April 27, 2019 11:28 PM

Diana may have hated riding, but didn't one of her lovers (the riding instructor, was it?) caddishly complain she constantly wanted sex? Philip had a similar boast about HM, allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 52April 27, 2019 11:34 PM

It's funny how Charlotte Wace's articles in the DM have the comments section heavily moderated. Isn't her father an acquaintance of Markle? And of course, she is the one who did the notorious doxxing piece. The other current articles aren't moderated (not Wace's) so the comments are a free-for-all and absolutely hilarious at times.

by Anonymousreply 53April 27, 2019 11:35 PM

Well despite not liking horses, Diana sure snuck a lot of men into KP for trysts.

by Anonymousreply 54April 27, 2019 11:35 PM

R54 - Diana craved attention, that's not the same thing as craving sex. And I wouldn't take anything James Hewitt said about Diana too seriously - because whatever it is is being said to make himself look better.

Meanwhile, the TIMES is reporting that Meghan and Harry are planning a trip to Africa in the autumn with their six- or seven-month old (who will be madly teething by then, should e joyous).

by Anonymousreply 55April 27, 2019 11:43 PM

R53 - Wace is undoubtedly the DM's showpiece Meghan Markle stan. They have to have someone they can point to who isn't Jan Moir or Piers Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 56April 27, 2019 11:45 PM

From the previous thread...

[quote] Maybe now I feel sorry for her. Haz is too dim to instruct her..

She has been instructed. The Queen asked one of her top people ( when they were first married) to help Sparkle and Sparkle ignored the advice.

Events like that video at the old R410 (and now linked below) are all choreographed ahead of time so the Royals know where to go, in what order, where to stand, etc. It is all set up ahead of time and the RF just follow the plan.

Sparkle didn't want to follow the plan and tried to jump in where she (and Harry) did not belong. Thereby fucking up the whole arrangement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 27, 2019 11:49 PM

I forgot about the Cartier watch " To M.M, from M.M. ". Mathilda-May. Yee Ha .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 27, 2019 11:51 PM

Just think, next week at this time, we may well be opining on The Name!

by Anonymousreply 59April 27, 2019 11:53 PM

[quote] In her Diana bio, Tina Brown said that a love of horses often goes hand-in-hand with a love of sex. Also true of horsey Camilla, apparently

Kate doesn't ride horses. She says she's allergic to them

by Anonymousreply 60April 27, 2019 11:53 PM

Kate literally lies back and thinks of England.

by Anonymousreply 61April 27, 2019 11:56 PM

Jan Moir is my heroine now for branding Harry and Meghan as fridge magnet philosophers. Matchless, simply matchless.

R61 - Oh, in their early years William still had his hair and with that and his big cock it couldn't have been all that bad.

by Anonymousreply 62April 28, 2019 12:01 AM

Skippy is in a frenzy! An anon has sent in a dubious post....and according to Skippy , and her followers, Markle is getting sectioned tomorrow. Lots of Skippy exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 63April 28, 2019 12:01 AM

R58, on that page there's a link to an article titled "Why Meghan Markle needs to wait a YEAR before having more children." Like waiting a YEAR for another baby is somehow shocking. She hasn't even given birth yet!

The royals seem to inspire some truly ridiculous headlines. My favourite is "Prince George to meet other babies at his first royal engagement".

R62, Jan Moir is a notorious homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 64April 28, 2019 12:03 AM

In The Sun ( yeah , I know ) Emily Andrews ( Meg's reporter friend) is telling us that the baby is coming today ( Sunday). It's an "exclusive ". Never allowed to comment on Emily Andrews' articles either, to the poster above, mentioning about Wace.

by Anonymousreply 65April 28, 2019 12:04 AM

I’ve watched the Sandringham (the infamous “scarfing”) video many times, more than I’d like to admit. My attention has always been on the interaction between William and MM, obviously. I just rewatched it in part 42, and noticed that Beatrice is walking behind MM and Harry on the steps, sees she’ll be stuck talking to them at the bottom, then darts behind Eugenie and her new husband. After that, everyone starts looking for Andrew and he comes through the crowd, and he and Beatrice follow the Queen into the car. Interesting. I’m on 2%, so once I find my charger I’ll try to find the video to post.

by Anonymousreply 66April 28, 2019 12:05 AM

How is Meghan going to cope when she no longer has a bump? I don't think she's taken her hand off her stomach for about seven months now. Will she keep cradling a phantom bump purely out of habit?

by Anonymousreply 67April 28, 2019 12:05 AM

Moir is a homophobe and I hate her... but fridge magnet philosophers was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 68April 28, 2019 12:06 AM

Here’s the video...right at 1:20.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 28, 2019 12:10 AM

I cannot imagine that she will be sectioned unless there is no baby. Surely Harry would know one way or another. She is truly nuts, but still.

by Anonymousreply 70April 28, 2019 12:13 AM

I’m mesmerized by the disconnect between MM’s reputation as a control freak and the completely half-assed way she completes most tasks.

Her wedding, her speeches, her writing, the way she dresses herself, her gross hair, nails, and makeup, her clearly do-it-yourself PR stunts— all completely shambolic.

Yet she would have us believe she’s some Martha Stewart Perfectionist.

by Anonymousreply 71April 28, 2019 12:20 AM

R64 - Is she? I didn't know that. How regrettable because I do like her waspish writing.

Skippy is unhinged. She makes Torontopaper look like a scholarly research paper in The Lancet.

by Anonymousreply 72April 28, 2019 12:22 AM

Jane Goodall--still here, still amazed.

by Anonymousreply 73April 28, 2019 12:31 AM

Ooh, add me to the list. I am liking Alpha Dick William!!! Suddenly find him attractive. Harry makes me sad, he looks depressed. Of course he knows protocol...it’s not that hard, if he had married any of us we’d have shit down in a day..how hard,,queen comes first, PC, W, then him. He has done it whole life, Then the women are the dates and stand by their respective men.

by Anonymousreply 74April 28, 2019 12:32 AM

R66 I was just gonna suggest you all re-review that clip to see Will talking to Harry while scarfing and Harry then cursing at him with his face turned away.

Will, you stud.

by Anonymousreply 75April 28, 2019 12:33 AM

It's actually been a weirdly positive week for William's reputation. Suddenly, instead of a milquetoast, he's a testosterone-driven ladies' man and alpha male. A veritable KING! All hail!

by Anonymousreply 76April 28, 2019 12:40 AM

And Kate is conflict avoidant, does not like unpleasantness.

by Anonymousreply 77April 28, 2019 12:41 AM

I forget where I read it but there was a story about Diana and Charles and they were going to some big do at Buckingham Palace one night. They were both dressed and ready but Charles explained they had to wait another half hour because their arrival by car was timed precisely at eg, 8:45 pm and it took X minutes to drive there so they couldn't leave yet. There was a whole rota of guests arriving by precedence, I guess and they had to arrive after Anne. Diana grew very frustrated, I think she went back upstairs and refused to go in the end.

But imagine having to live your life with everything calculated like that?

by Anonymousreply 78April 28, 2019 12:52 AM

The whole scene from the video at r57, feels like a harbinger of things to come.

by Anonymousreply 79April 28, 2019 12:56 AM

The way that bump of hers has been up and down, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no baby. I would laugh of the surrogate refused to give up the baby.

Btw has anyone looked closely at mm's cost of arms? The one with the distressed bird being strangled by the crown? Do we think km is distressed yet?

by Anonymousreply 80April 28, 2019 1:02 AM

480 meant mm bloody pedictatext.

by Anonymousreply 81April 28, 2019 1:04 AM

Alpha Dick William guarantees even more delicious drama in the future, as he gains more power and continues to thwart Meghan 's plots. I'm so here for it.

by Anonymousreply 82April 28, 2019 1:04 AM

R70 - She isn't going to be sectioned. This is absurd. The TIMES is already reporting a two-week trip to Africa in October "at the government's request". It clearly hasn't been a good year for Meghan Markle and the BRF, weddings aside, but the idiocies posted on Skippy's site are the ravings of a mentally unstable obsessive.

by Anonymousreply 83April 28, 2019 1:05 AM

I like Meghan's fascinators...very stylish.

by Anonymousreply 84April 28, 2019 1:06 AM

r82, I will join you. I was waiting for Harry to wake up and redeem himself, hoping. god how often in my life do I say “be a man....Too often. I am thrilled to see P William rise to the challenge...bout to get good. Didn’t expect it, lost interest in PW when he married and started losing hair, but for first time see substance and his sexy. I love the deepness of his voice too! Watch out girls cuz Im all aflutter

by Anonymousreply 85April 28, 2019 1:13 AM

R84, the one with the big feathers? That one looked like picked up from side of road and pierced onto beret... Upthread mentioned MM mime talking...I have seen that. I’m horrible at small talk, and wonder what the royals say. It definitely is work, it’s not a fashion show, MM doesn’t get that. She stands there like they are fans to her Hollywood star. Sees royals as in the movies, but BRF is very much a family working in unison. They repay the public that supports them in service and in presenting as the face of a nation to the world. When I watch background actors/extras in movies, I have marveled at their ability to convincingly converse with another extra...looks real, I see that acting now. Those years of non-stardom are put to good work use. She’s good as background, but no leading lady quality, she’s hollow.

by Anonymousreply 86April 28, 2019 1:24 AM

That is funny how the wild animals were sedated when Harry took the photos because of course, they were. You can't risk him getting hurt. But I was impressed by the rhino one because they're the most dangerous animal in Africa and I thought he had taken a risk to get that shot. So to not even mention the circumstances under which the pictures were taken...and now it's come out in the War of the Royals, it's a bit embarrass ing.

by Anonymousreply 87April 28, 2019 1:26 AM

They are the Duke and Duchess of Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 88April 28, 2019 1:27 AM

it's kind of amazing how much Meghan has grabbed the spotlight. It's almost like she's interesting, and the others just aren't. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 89April 28, 2019 1:27 AM

It's almost like she can't behave, and the others can. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 90April 28, 2019 1:31 AM

I keep reading these posts, some of you are hilarious. Hearing things that were not said. Guessing plot lines. Making MM the most evil and Harry hen-pecked.

I can play, too. While walking down the stairs, MM looks down and then tells Kate to be careful and she says thank you. Therefore, MM saved her life, or her ankle, and now will be besties 4-ever.

hahaha

If I was them, I would gaslight everyone and have pretend fights and makeups to keep people interested.

by Anonymousreply 91April 28, 2019 1:32 AM

I don't envy Meghan at all...how difficult it must be to have married into such a crazy family. Her own family is no Brady Bunch as we have seen, but the Windsors are cray-cray.

by Anonymousreply 92April 28, 2019 1:32 AM

that is the funniest thing r92. her own crazy ass family might have been the best preparation for this life. Nobody would recommend it, but it might be the best advice for young Royals: Marry somebody from a crazy ass family, cause, bitch, seriously ...

by Anonymousreply 93April 28, 2019 1:34 AM

I so wish Dominick Dunne was around to chronicle this soap opera. As he once memorably said, "I like climbers. They interest me."

by Anonymousreply 94April 28, 2019 1:35 AM

[quote] I keep reading these posts, some of you are hilarious. Hearing things that were not said. Guessing plot lines

Maybe some here are like that but not I. I possess an instinctual understanding of and appreciation for Her Royal Highness the Queen and the customs of her family.

by Anonymousreply 95April 28, 2019 1:35 AM

Why does MM do this? Pelicano!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 28, 2019 1:37 AM

I think she is crazy. Her family of origin was blended, older half siblings. Not the best but no abuse..she was adored and indulged. When she used and abandoned they were hurt. There was money and she was doted upon. Parents divorced, maybe mother bit of loon, but father was blue collar and hard worker. He provided. BRF, bit stodgy, but it’s kind of like a family business. Everyone does their part, have each other’s backs in public at least, and they all have their somewhat separate personal lives. If they uphold their public responsibilities, they have freedom to have private forays. Just be discreet and don’t embarrass the family Is the mission.

by Anonymousreply 97April 28, 2019 1:46 AM

honestly, r97, just be discreet and don't embarrass the family? you think that is what is going on with MM's family? Really?

by Anonymousreply 98April 28, 2019 1:48 AM

Maybe her savvy and camera ready personality will make it easy for her in some way. I would definitely kiss up to the Queen and make good with Princess Anne. I wonder what Anne thinks of MM. Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 99April 28, 2019 1:48 AM

Not such a bad deal, just have to know the rules. PW is the one who has the responsibility and expectations...PH could have had a great life if he worked it. He seems stuck now poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 100April 28, 2019 1:49 AM

History does have a funny way of repeating itself, sometimes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 28, 2019 1:49 AM

I think Prince Henry has a fine life. He gets the wife he wanted, he gets to pretty much do whatever he wants. Not sure what he is supposed to do other than what he is doing.

by Anonymousreply 102April 28, 2019 1:51 AM

R101, excellent find! God she’s so cloying.

by Anonymousreply 103April 28, 2019 1:51 AM

Really? He looks miserable to me. I’d like to see him happy.

by Anonymousreply 104April 28, 2019 1:52 AM

Miserable? Really? Miserable? He's the fucking prince of England with literally no actual responsibilities. What the hell is he miserable about? Really?

by Anonymousreply 105April 28, 2019 1:53 AM

I think someone posted this on one of the epic Dangling Tendrils threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 28, 2019 2:01 AM

R106 That first old coot on the receiving line was quite rude.. I get that he was interested in the Queen, but he was a jerk to let Meghan or any lady stand there flapping in the breeze.

by Anonymousreply 107April 28, 2019 2:11 AM

Wonder how many people on these threads actually care about the British Royal Family, and how many actually have other motives.

by Anonymousreply 108April 28, 2019 2:13 AM

Can you imagine the drama if Meghan names the baby... Rose?

by Anonymousreply 109April 28, 2019 2:33 AM

Oh God the Meghan stans have invaded again. There goes the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 110April 28, 2019 2:46 AM

R105, I know he’s a prince of England....do you think he looks happy, or is happy? Having nothing to do would not make me happy. Nor would his title. Maybe I’m projecting here? I need privacy, hate attention and like to work. I like earning my own money, I help people in my job, I hope. I’m not happy all the time, of course.

by Anonymousreply 111April 28, 2019 2:47 AM

jees, r111, he comes from a different world than you. He's fine. You? I'm not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 112April 28, 2019 2:49 AM

Love hearing MM and Harry pontificate. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 113April 28, 2019 2:51 AM

srrsly? now they are pontificating? what is with the dumb bitches on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 114April 28, 2019 2:53 AM

You don't have to get so upset, R114. It's OK. Relax.

by Anonymousreply 115April 28, 2019 2:55 AM

I'm fine, r115, a little worried about the MM haters.

by Anonymousreply 116April 28, 2019 2:56 AM

In fact, I will give you George Harrison, out of love:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 28, 2019 2:57 AM

Contemporary Royals have taken the marrying commoners thing to the extreme!

by Anonymousreply 118April 28, 2019 3:10 AM

I read the interview posted upthread about MEghan buying herself a Cartier tank watch with the intention of eventually passing it on to her daughter. Engraved "To MM from MM." She is still the same pretentious twat she was when she was blathering overwrought twaddle on her blog. I called Mary in the past because Smegs would imagine herself kre8tiv blending the names Harry and Meghan; therefore we will have Mary (possibly even "Merry" because it sparks JOY) plus some other "M" name: Margaret? (curry favor to HM) Marguerite? Maria? Madysen? No middle so simply Mary Mountbatten?

My own favorite, Mary Magdalene.

by Anonymousreply 119April 28, 2019 3:55 AM

If I'm Meghan, I'm loving this thread. everyone is just such a dumb bitch. there is nothing going on here but stupid anger connected to nothing. It's kind of amazing.

by Anonymousreply 120April 28, 2019 4:00 AM

I can't believe that Patrick Jephson of all people - Diana's longtime left hand - would believe that the new HazBean bub is going to receive a royal title at this point. Or just after birth, as he states in the Page Six piece posted in the last thread (and re-posted below). If QEII hasn't put out a statement or LP that a title is to be had, it AIN'T coming now. It's Earl Dumbarton or Lady Mountbatten-Windsor and that's it.

The bub will become an HRH when the Queen dies. That's automatic, and only in a few years time. If she (QEII) wanted to elevate this child she would have made the statement at the beginning of MM's pregnancy. It's not happening - Meg's so-called "friends" quoted here need to get a clue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 28, 2019 4:20 AM

Also, what do people here think about the rumors this past week that there will be no more foreign tours by Haz & Bean this year (2019). That means the big Canada/U.S. trip that was planned, then delayed due to MM's pregnancy, is off - probably permanently. Is this more sidelining I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 122April 28, 2019 4:22 AM

I'm watching the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony which is inducting The Cure. I started googling Robert Smith and a past interview of his has started trending in the last few hours. In the interview, he said the following about royal honours:

“Honestly, if I ever accepted, and I’m never going to get one, I would honestly cut off my own hands before I did that,” he said. “Because how dare they presume that they could give me an honour. I’m much better than them, they’ve never done anything, they’re fucking idiots.”

And he's right. They are fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 123April 28, 2019 4:23 AM

This was in October cradling a five month+ looking bump. Such desperation for attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 28, 2019 4:27 AM

If life as a member of the Firm doesn't live up to MM's expectations, despite her efforts, I do wonder how MM will handle her disappointment. Just get pissy, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 125April 28, 2019 4:37 AM

What is this about? If MM using a surrogate and baby not delivered from her body....construed as treason?.?

by Anonymousreply 126April 28, 2019 5:09 AM

Meghan and Harry both have a nose when in profile looks like a fingerling potato. I hope the kid gets a genetic throw back in that department.

by Anonymousreply 127April 28, 2019 5:23 AM

Thank you, R127. I hope the fingerling potato thing sticks because I'm completely over this shit.

Now if you can just come up with a comparison for Dim's hair color and texture, and his eyes, there's a nine-day novena with your name on it.

You have it in you; I know you do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 28, 2019 5:40 AM

As to PH's unhappiness...he is forever seeing the glass as half-full. He sees himself as Cinderella. He saw the future and it was being the Prince Edward of his generation. He married MM because she showed him a way out. But his error was choosing an American who apparently could never understand the UK monarchy or class system.

by Anonymousreply 129April 28, 2019 6:18 AM

r91 doesn't seem to have grasped that for Meghan to walk ahead of not just Harry (bad), but also Kate (very bad) and William (VERY very very bad) was utterly disrespectful. By r91's opinion, MeGain should have rushed up in front of the Queen herself and turned around to say "Mind you don't slip, Liz!" and we should all then hail Meghan as the 'Saviour of the Monarch'

by Anonymousreply 130April 28, 2019 6:30 AM

Notice, r91, how Princess Anne steps aside for all who outrank her to walk ahead?

by Anonymousreply 131April 28, 2019 6:32 AM

[quote] Also, what do people here think about the rumors this past week

I think the newspapers are making all this shit up. And you fools are believing every single bit of it as if it is the truth. And the shit they print is pure delusional shit.

First she was having the baby at the same hospital as Kate. then it was at Frimley hospital. Then it was at home. Then it was at Frimley hospital. Then it was a water birth at home. Then it was Meg and Harry will raise the kid gender free (such bullshit, but you all lapped it up). Now it's this bullshit about a Canada trip and African trip/move. It's all shit

Meghan hasn't been seen in 3 or 4 weeks yet you all act like she's been standing out front of Buckingham Palace daily pronouncing her thoughts on everything. She hasn't said a fucking word. Yet you all know her deepest thoughts and are making up tales

by Anonymousreply 132April 28, 2019 6:42 AM

And you fucking fools. That video where the people are moving is so that Andrew can get through and get into the car with his mother. The first rule of the monarchy, is you don't keep the Queen waiting

But you dumb fucks have some weird delusion that they all want to get away from Meghan. You all need to get a life

by Anonymousreply 133April 28, 2019 6:45 AM

R120 sez:

"everyone is just such a dumb bitch."

and sez:

"there is nothing going on here but stupid anger connected to nothing."

Girl u the one who sounds mad. Lighten up. So some people don't like the same celeb as you do. Not a big deal, in the larger scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 134April 28, 2019 7:13 AM

They're all desperate to get away from Meghan, r133, in both the Scarfening video and especially in the Investiture video. You are the one who is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 135April 28, 2019 7:20 AM

Given that there are reliable reports of MM's nastiness to staff and the fact that so many have left, I wonder if MM has had any blow-ups with anyone in the RF. That investiture video really showed the personalities of the RF - William, confident, authoritarian, energetic; Kate, exhausted, bored, "5 pm after a long day at her customer service job;" MM, wagging her tail. I can easily see William losing his shit with MM's antics.

by Anonymousreply 136April 28, 2019 7:49 AM

2:11 William says "Not allowed" - not barked, just said.

After which Kate laughs widely at something Camilla's said to her

2:20-2:33 Camilla saying something lengthy and quiet to Kate which makes her again laugh widely

2:36- Camilla raises her eyebrows and put her hands behind her back to ask William a question

2:41 - William answers "She doesn't, no." Then, sotto voce, "She wants the attention." To which Camilla responds with a wide grin. The William says "Wants to be seen in the pictures" To which Camilla responds "Ughhhmm"

2:44 The clapper sound for them all to head in immediately followed by Camilla saying "It's SO awkward." To which William replies "I know."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 28, 2019 7:59 AM

I just listened to the video with headphones and I think r137 nails it.

I can't believe they are discussing MM in front of her and Harry. It really says a lot if they don't even care to pretend less than a year after the wedding. Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 138April 28, 2019 8:06 AM

Also: 2:24 Camilla talking to Kate says "It's really worse of her" (werf? perhaps it's an acronym? but the "of her" is very clear) while pretending to be talking about the exhibition by pointing to it, to which Kate responds, with a wide smile, "It IS."

by Anonymousreply 139April 28, 2019 8:22 AM

Also, it's clear at 3:10 that MeGain knows something Not Good has just happened, judging by her sitting otherwise stick-still and yet with strenuously, consistently raised eyebrows, all while Harry noticeably fidgets.

She looks angry to me. Unusual to see that on her - for example, I've not ever seen her with self-imposed forehead wrinkles before this. I suspect she was absolutely seething, though whether it's from the fact she was thwarted or whether she overheard the Senior Royals' commentary on her, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 140April 28, 2019 8:34 AM

And finally, at 2:07, Charles turns all the way round to Meghan, and importantly, away from the Queen, to say "Just come back a bit"

Meaning, (in pre-nineties upper class) 'Just stay back a bit" . He was trying to help her. But he felt she really needed some restraining, otherwise he would not have left the Queen waiting to the point where she directly turned her head behind her to see where he was at 2:09.

But then

by Anonymousreply 141April 28, 2019 8:47 AM

Never mind the "But then" hanger - just an editing mistake from me.

by Anonymousreply 142April 28, 2019 8:49 AM

One last - I've listened again and what Camilla says at

2:26 is "It's really worse for her."

To which Kate responds ""It is."

by Anonymousreply 143April 28, 2019 8:55 AM

What does "it's really worse for her" means, when it comes from royals?

Non native English speaker here and the nuances are lost on me, especially when the upper class speaks.

by Anonymousreply 144April 28, 2019 9:00 AM

It looks like someone told Meghan off, judging from her face at 3:10 - 3:20. She has a really unusual expression there.

by Anonymousreply 145April 28, 2019 9:07 AM

I suspect Camilla is communicating to Kate regarding that that Meghan has somehow already made a bad impression on the Queen, and that for her to try that little hijink makes Meghan look worse in the Queen's eyes.

That Kate smiles back and says only "It is." makes me suspect that they've all been talking to each other about Meghan's behavior - I say this because they seems to need few words to communicate.

by Anonymousreply 146April 28, 2019 9:07 AM

I honestly do not get this reverence for the queen and the strict protocol. It's not as if she is the Dalai Lama or the pope. They are just people who were born into a particular family or married into it.

by Anonymousreply 147April 28, 2019 9:14 AM

You, r147, are obviously not British and therefore, please stay out of the matter of how we regard our Queen.

by Anonymousreply 148April 28, 2019 9:20 AM

Why don't you explain it, R148? Are we (yes, I am British) supposed to revere someone who wishes to be reincarnated as his mistress's tampon and live inside her vagina?

by Anonymousreply 149April 28, 2019 9:26 AM

So, assuming all of your bionic ears are correct (I can’t hear anything!) then....well, HOW interesting,

For Camilla and William to be so shitty about it implies that this wasn’t just an innocent “whoops” on the part of Markle, but something very deliberate.

On Quora (linked to on a thread some time ago) there was a woman saying that her boyfriend was a police officer who was present at a Harry/Meghan engagement and nobody could get Meghan to follow security requests. They were all getting really concerned and she snapped coldly “I’ll walk wherever I like”.

Maybe this was another incidence of that. She & Harry were told where to go, but she knew where the cameras were and refused to be told.

R149 Seems to me that you are the person who “reveres” these people. Prince Charles is a human being, and all human beings say stupid things in private that would sound ridiculous when made public. It was a JOKE, you fool, not a public declaration of intent. Do you seriously believe they should all be behaving with unimpeachable decorum at all times, even in private?

You may wish to sit down for this...Her Majesty sits, once a day, with her large drawers round her ankles making straining noises as she pushes out a fat shit.

AND YOU REVERE THIS PERSON? HOW ABSURD?

Stupid cunt. I am glad the cameras captured her looking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 150April 28, 2019 9:35 AM

I don't believe you, r149. You are not British. If you were and also hated the Queen, you would be one of the Guardian Zombie Republicans who have a thousand 'reasons' to hate the Queen at your fingertips.

by Anonymousreply 151April 28, 2019 9:36 AM

Ha ha.

The last line was supposed to be about Markle.

Don’t think anyone’s captured HM pooing!

Oops. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 152April 28, 2019 9:37 AM

I love it when the Murican Sugars on here like r149, who see nothing beyond Meghan's race, try to defend her outrageous behaviour.

She's not long for the Royal World, stans, like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 153April 28, 2019 9:45 AM

Oh and also, r150? Yes we know the Queen shits just like the rest of us. That's part of why we like her. She's human and doesn't particularly try to hide that fact. She's had babies, she's got fat in her old age, she makes facial expressions. She's real.

by Anonymousreply 154April 28, 2019 9:51 AM

Actually r150, I misread you there. Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 155April 28, 2019 9:53 AM

r50, It's not bionic hearing, it's just a sweet pair of earphones my husband bought for me so he wouldn't have to listen to me when I play loud games (he's not a gamer)

by Anonymousreply 156April 28, 2019 9:58 AM

R156 Ah. Might ask for a borrow of my son’s for a listen. Mine are a £5 job from Wilko.

R155 S’ok.

by Anonymousreply 157April 28, 2019 10:03 AM

r157 No problem - the only way I was able to hear what they were saying was a combination of my lovely heaphones and also the fact that I'm half English. No way for any outsider to understand William and Camilla both UltraSloane-slurring their words.

by Anonymousreply 158April 28, 2019 10:28 AM

Also r157, these are the one my husband bought for me . I know they are too expensive (this was why it was SUCH a present from my fantastic Husband), but I'm sure China will come up with a reasonable copy soon. Just so you know.

by Anonymousreply 159April 28, 2019 10:36 AM

Sorry, r157 no link I've tried to attach is short enough to fit. Just so you know, it's the Bose A20 Aviation

by Anonymousreply 160April 28, 2019 10:44 AM

R21 those places were all named after members of the BRF. I don’t think they worry about it.

by Anonymousreply 161April 28, 2019 11:16 AM

I am a pretty live-and-let-live kind of guy, and accept that the BRF is what part of makes Britain what it is, but for me, their OTT mode of living has brought their value into question. And MM is definitely a bridge too far.

by Anonymousreply 162April 28, 2019 11:20 AM

You're a Corbynite attempting to hijack Royalists' horror at Meghan's expenditure for your own party's gain.

Admit it. You're obvious.

by Anonymousreply 163April 28, 2019 11:29 AM

To r149, the last.

by Anonymousreply 164April 28, 2019 11:34 AM

AND r162

by Anonymousreply 165April 28, 2019 11:42 AM

Harry is hardly a Man of Action

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166April 28, 2019 11:58 AM

That video at R137 is tragic, man. And R137 does, in fact, nail what was said by William most significantly. To see Harry and his wife then ESCORTED from the room by a Footman and another official like uninvited guests is a bit painful. This IS his family - his own Father, Grandmother, and brother. Amazing. When the BRF closes ranks, they don't care who you are if you're trying to hang when you weren't invited. I'm perplexed as to why Meghan would continually subject herself and her husband to these humiliations - these gentle slap-downs which are constantly aimed at reminding her of her place in the grand scheme of things. William tells it like it is in that video, and they're having none of it. Then, at the end of the video while they're all listening to the piano recital Meghan is looking very, very salty. She's Jayne Mansfield.

by Anonymousreply 167April 28, 2019 12:05 PM

Excellent radio version - better, imho, than the TV version ever was. Close your eyes and have a fun listen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 28, 2019 12:07 PM

I remember in her blog she acknowledged and thanked her father for teaching her to " search for, and find her own light". A purposely meant cross reference to the technical stuff regarding cameras, lights and angles, along with her sheer ambition to be in the spotlight. This was also evident at the Fashion Awards, as she edged closer and closer to the spotlight, manically cradling her bump, and drowning out the fact that someone was actually giving a speech after accepting an award. An award she herself handed out. She refused to let the designer have her moment, and hogged the stage and the light. She will never stop searching for that camera, the lights and her own platform, protocol and manners do not exist in her own world.

by Anonymousreply 169April 28, 2019 12:15 PM

Exactly, R169.

And she won, in a sense, at the investiture. The photos that were the goal were marred by her drama, now the focus.

We see it as humiliation, but she sees it as attention. Negative attention is spun as shaking things up, a breath of fresh air, modernizing, etc.

by Anonymousreply 170April 28, 2019 12:20 PM

I'm awaiting with interest to see how she can spin herself into today's Sussex Royal Instagram account, seeing as Harry has been out and about at the London Marathon, today.

by Anonymousreply 171April 28, 2019 12:25 PM

She lost badly, r170, at the Investiture. Very badly.

by Anonymousreply 172April 28, 2019 12:25 PM

R21 Then they will be up there with those named Paris, Siena, London, Indiana, Montana et al. As to some being places - which came first, the chicken or the egg?

by Anonymousreply 173April 28, 2019 12:29 PM

I think Harry is having a hard time with seeing William gaining more presence and stature and that’s why he’s taking part in Meghan’s gaffes. He’s seemingly not steering Meghan in protocol and just wanders where she wanders when he surely knows what not to do. Meghan is bucking protocols but so it he. And he’s the one who grew up with them.

by Anonymousreply 174April 28, 2019 12:29 PM

They don't like her. They don't want her around, regarding her as an imposter. I'll say it again - they've got something on her, even if it's just some phone conversations/emails/texts with other people where she's declaring her manifesto - her action plan - to use her association with these people as a means to her own end. I think she failed the vetting process early on, and they've been keeping tabs on her ever since.

by Anonymousreply 175April 28, 2019 12:31 PM

This was a great piece and the Investiture Anniversary celebration features in it. Hark at that hole in her tights!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 28, 2019 12:38 PM

I do not think she sees it the way you do, R172, or she would not have taken the risk.

She is very heads I win, tails you lose in these situations. To her stans, it was the BRF who were made to look stodgy, rude, care about protocol over people & Harry, etc. If you care about the BRF and protocol, it looks one way, if you are invested in kind of an adolescent shake things up narrative, it looks the opposite. They are pitching their brand to youth, who saw her and Harry look hard done by there.

by Anonymousreply 177April 28, 2019 12:39 PM

Eh, holes in tights happen.

She is more than an imposter, she is actually a threat to the legitimacy of the BRF as seen by young people.

But, the story of William fucking the neighbors, true or completely false, is now in the public consciousness.

No one had heard of her 2 years ago, now look where she is. I think by her lights, it is going just fine. She is fine with notorious.

by Anonymousreply 178April 28, 2019 12:42 PM

Haha, the hole in the tights. There was a story the week before whereupon she had scoffed at Marks and Spencers tights, and told an aide that she wouldn't wear such rubbish....and sent her out for some Wolfords. I bet she wished she'd stuck to the hosiery guidelines.

by Anonymousreply 179April 28, 2019 12:45 PM

To add to that, she made sure that she wore an M&S jumper, or something similar, sweater dress (? ) not long after, after the Marksies fans went into meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 180April 28, 2019 12:47 PM

R69 Thanks for the vid! I just spotted Prince Andrew at 1.44. He comes barging through the rest of the gathered Royals and in his mad rush to get to the front, he seems to literally shove one of the Phillips' children out of his way! I think that Autumn Phillips ( Peters wife) gives him a look of incredulity and fury.... SO much else beyond just the scarfing of Meagain happened at the Christmas Royal gathering if you look really closely

by Anonymousreply 181April 28, 2019 12:56 PM

In addition to the hole in her tights, yet again, her shoes are TOO BIG!

by Anonymousreply 182April 28, 2019 1:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 28, 2019 1:05 PM

Are they friends with Iris? Unlikely. And a $7k gift from Harry’s $300k annual stipend from his trust is steep. So annoying,

by Anonymousreply 184April 28, 2019 1:07 PM

Why does Meghan blink so much when seated at the Investiture video? Is it fake eyelashes?

by Anonymousreply 185April 28, 2019 1:07 PM

I thought maybe she was trying not to cry.

by Anonymousreply 186April 28, 2019 1:09 PM

She thinks she's Amal Clooney. 7000. Fucking rubbish. And did you see the message on the "art"? Why fit it when you were born to stand out? Not sure that's what they gave Idris but small wonder she was drawn to it.

by Anonymousreply 187April 28, 2019 1:09 PM

No, not the taxpayers- Meghan was a millionaire way before she even met Harry, gaining at least $50,000 per episodes of Suits and that is not even including the brand deals she would have been getting an income from too.

The above is a comment from the article on the gift to Idris Elba. Do people really believe this bullshit, that she was a millionaire when she married PH/ Come on!

by Anonymousreply 188April 28, 2019 1:10 PM

Harry's gonna need so much therapy once she divorces him. He's so dim he won't be able to untangle everything that happened on his own . Stockholm syndrome. Maybe we should start calling him Duke of Stockholm.

by Anonymousreply 189April 28, 2019 1:11 PM

Seven THOUSAND? Of taxpayer funds?

by Anonymousreply 190April 28, 2019 1:12 PM

Lordy the art is sort of cheesy. And lol! She was NOT a millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 191April 28, 2019 1:12 PM

Wow. Fuck her - AND her dildo of a husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 28, 2019 1:15 PM

Charles shakes his head at the very end of the video.

by Anonymousreply 193April 28, 2019 1:17 PM

The art IS cheesy AND the message is about HER and how she sees herself (assuming this is the piece of art they gave as a gift). A waste of $7000 of taxpayer money, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 194April 28, 2019 1:17 PM

So she spent 7000 pounds (10k dollars) to send two people she barely knows some twee workaday 1950's-style enlarged fridge magnet saying: "Why Fit In When You Were Born To Stand Out"

by Anonymousreply 195April 28, 2019 1:23 PM

Wow , they have such vile taste! And to think that Markle put out articles that the Queen was gifting them some royal art for Swampy Hollow, lol. This is what Harry bought Markle in July 2017. Vile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 28, 2019 1:27 PM

Are you serious, r196

by Anonymousreply 197April 28, 2019 1:29 PM

R98 You do jump in. The Royal Family was the one being referred to. The Markoyals are yesterday’s family.

by Anonymousreply 198April 28, 2019 1:30 PM

I am serious. R197.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 28, 2019 1:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 28, 2019 1:32 PM

No, R188. Not for a scant markle second, but the rabidly frothing suggahs seem to. Even the math doesn’t add up, let alone the fact that la Principessa neither purchased nor acquired assets.

by Anonymousreply 201April 28, 2019 1:34 PM

But somehow she bought and engraved a Cartier watch. Maybe she got it on Overstock?

Anyway she did not own a home, no assets,

by Anonymousreply 202April 28, 2019 1:39 PM

This shit show is going to get really good in the coming months. The family might trade thinly veiled insults with her, or better yet simply put her in her place when it suits them to do so - they'll have plenty of opportunity, haha! BUT, they have a whole team of ruthless fucks to do the dirty work for them when the time comes. This team which probably consists of not only courtiers, but also MI5 and other British intelligence are perpetually protecting the institution of the Monarch, itself. It's what they do. We all know they exist, so Harry surely knows what she's up against. Did she not read the biographies about Diana and Fergie? Damn, she is so foolish. Why couldn't she just join the family and be satisfied to fall into line, enjoying the trappings and lifestyle provided? What the hell is Harry thinking? He knows better than all of this. WTF is really going on here?

by Anonymousreply 203April 28, 2019 1:41 PM

Why do we even know what the Markles gave the newly-wed Elbas? Do the Royals usually send a press release detailing the gifts they give actors as wedding/new baby/birthday gifts? Do actors send a press release detailing wedding gifts they receive?

Either way, it’s tacky.

by Anonymousreply 204April 28, 2019 1:42 PM

Every single thing she does is misguided and flat out wrong. It wouldn't be so bad if she had some wins once in a while, but every.single.thing.

by Anonymousreply 205April 28, 2019 1:46 PM

R203, what’s really going on is that the Royal Family has an unbridled, actual, Narcissist on their hands: a person with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Incidentally, we are dealing with one ourselves. He’s in the White House.

They’re difficult to vanquish, but at least the only thing Meghan is destroying is the Royal Family. We’re losing our country.

by Anonymousreply 206April 28, 2019 1:47 PM

What is really going on is that she is using the BRF as a foil to build a brand. You miss that point, R205.

They will bounce when push comes to shove, no tunnels for Megsy.

Any time they try to put her in her place publicly, she and Haro get to play victim. The best strategy is to ban her presence. She is quite likely to be to be the source of the Rose story, the no ride story, the slating of the children (one a future king!) Unless they can cut the source of her PR funding, she will continue to be a threat.

by Anonymousreply 207April 28, 2019 1:48 PM

Do they even know Idris Elba? And yes, it looks like a fridge magnet.

by Anonymousreply 208April 28, 2019 1:48 PM

Ah, but he is on a time limited gig, R206, her exit has to be arranged/helped along/paid for.

She WANTS TO DO THE OPPOSITE OF FITTING IN. THAT IS HER BRAND.

WHO/WHAT is funding this? It is not her or hairloss Harold.

by Anonymousreply 209April 28, 2019 1:50 PM

Don't really think I'm missing the point, R207. So she's building a brand. Well, she's going about it wrong, because everything she does is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 210April 28, 2019 1:52 PM

She invited Idris Elba to her wedding. So that's a certain no, no she doesn't actually know him. She didn't know the majority of the guests she invited.

by Anonymousreply 211April 28, 2019 1:52 PM

[quote] They’re difficult to vanquish, but at least the only thing Meghan is destroying is the Royal Family. We’re losing our country.

How much easier will it be to erase British identity when the BRF is no longer in place?

by Anonymousreply 212April 28, 2019 1:52 PM

And what is really crazy ...her past is likely not 100% perfect. Was she a yacht girl, drug user, etc.? All are likely. So the Brits know this and can use this info against her. And blackmail is the inspiration of TorontoPaper1’s ravings.

by Anonymousreply 213April 28, 2019 1:53 PM

We are finding out what gift she gave to Elba as she is getting slated in the Sunday press over the " poor Kate, feel sorry for Kate" story. As is Hazza, and his comatose wildlife.

by Anonymousreply 214April 28, 2019 1:53 PM

R210, how you define wrong, she defines as modern, appealing to youth, globalist. She is being cheered on by the likes of Anna Wintour and Bey & Jay.

So, your consistently wrong, is consistently right, depending on your goal. Hers seems to be bringing down the BRF and establishing herself as some sort of Oprah to the millennials.

by Anonymousreply 215April 28, 2019 1:55 PM

If Iris Elba came to their wedding (whether he knew them or not doesn’t matter) and gave them a gift, they’re pretty much obligated to return the favor. This is a stupid non-story.

by Anonymousreply 216April 28, 2019 1:55 PM

^ ugh Idris at r216.

by Anonymousreply 217April 28, 2019 1:56 PM

Ultimately she'll get her ugly fat ass handed to her on a cheap, tacky plate.

by Anonymousreply 218April 28, 2019 1:56 PM

Funds, funds, and more funds. MAD, MAD FUNDS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219April 28, 2019 1:57 PM

Maybe, but don't contact the press ( I'm looking at you, Megs) and tell them all about it.

by Anonymousreply 220April 28, 2019 1:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221April 28, 2019 2:06 PM

[quote] Maybe, but don't contact the press ( I'm looking at you, Megs) and tell them all about it.

If creating PR that you are also a celebrity is the goal, why ever not?

People tell you what their goals are by their consistent actions over time. She wants to be a non-stodgy/stuffy icon to a global youth movement. She cares not (or perhaps was put in place to??? WHO is paying or all of this PR?!) if she brings down the BRF along the way. Therefor not following protocol, disrupting the family, putting the family in a bad light in PR, etc, are all steps TOWARD HER GOAL.

That people who see value in the BRF/tradition/protocol/fitting in see this as wrong makes it all the more attractive to youth as a breath of fresh air. Think of it as the 60s writ small. That Oprah, Anna, Bey, the Clooneys are all involved is no coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 222April 28, 2019 2:07 PM

This whole thing in it's entirety would make a hell of a plot for a book - fiction based on real characters. Picture it - the mega wealthy blacks of the world seize the opportunity to place a black woman on the throne as Queen consort just because they like the idea of it and see it as some sort of fitting, justifiable end. They set about doing exactly that with the current Royal line-up. Full of mystery and intrigue, but alas they are vanquished at the end.

by Anonymousreply 223April 28, 2019 2:09 PM

But the youth of the UK , the Commonwealth, are not interested in her. Her stans are typically from the US, with what seems like limited knowledge of right and wrong, never mind the RF.

by Anonymousreply 224April 28, 2019 2:11 PM

Her goals seem to be focused on the US and gloabally but all those chants of we are with you were in the UK, R224. Easiest to sell bringing down the BRF first to those with no emotional investment in it, no?

She is selling right as shaking things up and is being lauded for doing so by celebrities and even the editor of Vogue. Tradition and protocol have been re-cast as wrong.

by Anonymousreply 225April 28, 2019 2:17 PM

Meanwhile, in London, the gossip is all about Harry's missing wedding ring. Maybe it got stuck up there, during a home birth, this morning.

by Anonymousreply 226April 28, 2019 2:20 PM

Shredding the reputation of the future king and casting thing his wife has been lauded for as pathetic is effective if your goal is to eliminate the BRF as a revered institution. Think back to the speech Haro made where he denigrated traditional British values as old and not healthy. It is all of a piece, no?

by Anonymousreply 227April 28, 2019 2:21 PM

Is he wearing a ring at the marathon?

by Anonymousreply 228April 28, 2019 2:23 PM

Not from what I can see on the press pictures R228

by Anonymousreply 229April 28, 2019 2:25 PM

I think he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230April 28, 2019 2:27 PM

Now I've found one in the Mirror, and he is. False Alarm.

by Anonymousreply 231April 28, 2019 2:27 PM

The ring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232April 28, 2019 2:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233April 28, 2019 2:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 28, 2019 2:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235April 28, 2019 2:33 PM

More word salad. If it wasn't for " The Duke ", all you runners would be mental! Mental, I tell you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236April 28, 2019 2:48 PM

Is that what she calls him in bed? The Duke? Why isn't she calling him Prince Harry? He's not there with her, so has no need to be called The Duke of Sussex, in this case. And certainly not " The Duke".

by Anonymousreply 237April 28, 2019 2:50 PM

Happy Birthday to Lady Helen Windsor Taylor (daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Kent).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 28, 2019 2:51 PM

“That Oprah, Anna, Bey, the Clooneys are all involved is no coincidence.”

All of these people are over 35 (most are well past 45) and extremely wealthy. And that appeals to a “global youth movement”?

Teenagers think these people are old. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 239April 28, 2019 2:51 PM

Lady Helen was quite the beauty in her day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 28, 2019 2:58 PM

[quote]some twee workaday 1950's-style enlarged fridge magnet

I was about to say, it’s wine-mom art. Her taste is execrable.

by Anonymousreply 241April 28, 2019 3:00 PM

"Please God, let my wife having this bloody kid soon. She's driving me crazy. Amen."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242April 28, 2019 3:01 PM

Harry looks strange. He has a distant look about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 28, 2019 3:02 PM

They all promote globalism though, as opposed to a British identity with the BRF as the face, traditional British values, etc. They have imparted a sense of celebrity and cough, credibility, to a no name from nowhere, in short order. It is Dim and MeMe that are supposed to pitch to the youth. WHO is paying for all the PR to create perceptions and to tear down perceptions of the BRF? Why no longer need to ask WHY, that is kinda obvious. The focus on emo is right on pace with the revival of emo music and emo hip hop. No need to be born to anything or accomplish anything, we can all wallow in being fucked up! Those older generations who persevered and got on with it after the Blitz had the wrong end of the stick, mate!

by Anonymousreply 244April 28, 2019 3:03 PM

A creepy merge of William and Louis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 28, 2019 3:05 PM

"I love the camera. It's not obvious, is it?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 28, 2019 3:07 PM

R244, well, you bring up an interesting point. But that generation has died off, or is dying off. Like it or not, the generation that will decide whether the royal family with William as King will remain are all William’s age and younger. There has been a lot of talk about how the monarch should act, but not a lot of consideration of how that generation views how a monarch should act. And that generation, like it or not, is part of “me too,” and “woke”. And possibly Brexit, with all of the economic impact that will entail. Not all of them, mind you, but most. We (and the royals) need to stop looking at the royals through the lens of an older generation, and start looking at what that generation expects a modern monarchy to be. We may not like it at all, but it’s necessary for them to do.

Btw this post has nothing really to do with MM but I expect a ton of posts will make it.

by Anonymousreply 247April 28, 2019 3:26 PM

Out of all of them, Kate and the Queen have the best poker faces.

by Anonymousreply 248April 28, 2019 3:27 PM

The Duchess wants to win over the young members of the public and then take them with her when she leaves. The BRF should start dispatching Eugenie to the events aimed at younger citizens. She's a good 10 years younger than Meghan and she actually cares about the family.

by Anonymousreply 249April 28, 2019 3:29 PM

She's just so different (I'll leave the adjectives to individuals to assign.). But the royal family must just listen to her and learn about her antics and be undertaking the biggest collective WTF in history? Diana's looking like easy work compared to this one.

When will it be over, Lord?

by Anonymousreply 250April 28, 2019 3:37 PM

Who is more interesting: Meghan, even with her flaws, or a gamer who endlessly watches a video, frame by frame, while wearing earphones? BTW, that is not intended to be a rhetorical question. Keep in mind, that if Meghan proudly posted that her wonderful husband gave her earphones, you all would twist that to mean that if Harry really loved her, he would have gotten jewelry. While doing her groundbreaking work, Jane was working with a far more intelligent group.

by Anonymousreply 251April 28, 2019 3:39 PM

We have classy art all over the Palace of Frogmore.

YES, THAT'S WHAT IT'S ACTUALLY CALLED.

Like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 28, 2019 3:39 PM

The biggest WTF in history? More like a large flea.

by Anonymousreply 253April 28, 2019 3:40 PM

Really r250? Diana went on national tv and talked about her husband’s cheating. She created substantial turmoil and even had people questioning whether Charles should be King. MM loves attention but I don’t see any attempt to destroy the monarchy. A little perspective.

by Anonymousreply 254April 28, 2019 3:40 PM

That "artwork" Harry gave Megain is hideous! It truly is, as the poster above noted, wine-frau art, lol.

by Anonymousreply 255April 28, 2019 3:40 PM

R254, look at all she's accomplished in less than a year of marriage. This creature will leave Diana in the dust.

Private jets, 7000 junk art, celebrities she barely knows at her wedding. Every day she erodes the dignity of the institution and that's a threat to everyone. Because when people don't respect the monarchy, or feel the monarchy respects the position it holds, that's where the support starts to rot. And that is a major threat.

No one else in the Royal Family is behaving like Meghan Markle. No one.

by Anonymousreply 256April 28, 2019 3:44 PM

That artwork is so very Meghan, heh.

Diana caused huge turmoil, but one could argue she was seriously provoked by Charles' behavior, and her perceived lack of support from the BRF. From what I can see, Meghan received quite good support until she started shenanigans, that extravagant baby shower probably being a turning point.

by Anonymousreply 257April 28, 2019 3:50 PM

I thing the BRF has decided Meghan is a threat that can’t just be dealt with a divorce...

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Meghan had complications during the home birth and didn’t survive

by Anonymousreply 258April 28, 2019 3:51 PM

I want to grab PH, he needs good scrubbing, shave, haircut and yell: now be a bloody man and get your house in order!

by Anonymousreply 259April 28, 2019 3:54 PM

I agree, R427, but I keep hoping dignity, restraint and respect for tradition will make a comeback in generations to come. Who knows, maybe one day the pendulum will swing just far enough.

by Anonymousreply 260April 28, 2019 3:55 PM

If the rumours are true, MEghan tried to severely undermine William as future king by attacking the image of stable family he and Catherine have cultivated with the leaking of the Rose story--that is a conscious offensive on her part marrying in not yet a year. MEghan's sole purpose should be to be to support the monarchy above all, i.e. the current, heir apparent, heir presumptives; instead she has been nothing but devisive, corrosive actively sowing seeds of discord in her pr machinations.

by Anonymousreply 261April 28, 2019 4:01 PM

I don’t think MM is smart enough to have any plans to “modernize the monarchy.”

Like most personality-disordered people, she sort of lurches around, reacting on instinct to whatever situation is right in front of her.

She’s writing the Sussex IG, right? It’s certainly not a professional writer. It reads like the musings of a cheesy, 11-year-old girl.

Does MM have a true case of arrested development, or is it just a case of Millennialist “I’m never gonna grow up! Im gonna be a kid forever!”

by Anonymousreply 262April 28, 2019 4:06 PM

That artwork is cheesy and tone deaf. Why give image of white blond starlet to anyone, let alone black couple, esp the groom is a legitimate movie star!!

by Anonymousreply 263April 28, 2019 4:13 PM

Of course it's true that the RF put MM in her place at the Investiture ceremony and publicly humiliated her, but it is equally true that they looked petty, rude, unkind, and rigid. She's made some colossal blunders, and a number of hubristic terrible choices, but they do come across as bullying a pregnant woman who's alone and has just married into the family. They would have come off better if they'd been gracious.

by Anonymousreply 264April 28, 2019 4:13 PM

Eating disorders can cause arrested psychological , as well as physical, development. I've witnessed this far too much in the dance world. I've often thought that MM borders on eating disorders, as a way to stunt her natural shape. And of course, when that kicks in, it's very hard to not have that hanging around mentally, for ever, in a lot of cases. I know of those that say " Oh when I'm middle aged, I'll stop, and eat whatever I want", but they don't. They can't. There is still a mental hold, and of course, the metabolism is rather fucked.

by Anonymousreply 265April 28, 2019 4:14 PM

Right R250, LSA has a conspiracy section if you really need to vent about Markle being "the biggest WTF in history." They will welcome you.

by Anonymousreply 266April 28, 2019 4:14 PM

Since we revisited the Zapruder/Investiture video, I’ve really started to think that humiliation was probably the motivation for the Rose leaks (from Megan.)

Others have focused on MM’s envy/anger towards Kate. But in MM’s eyes, William utterly humiliated her and talked about her IN FRONT OF THE CAMERAS— while she was in the same room, no less.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she leaked the Rose story immediately after. She must have been so disappointed when it was originally reported with the weird “rural rival” angle. That’s why she had Coren tweet his comment to nudge things along.

by Anonymousreply 267April 28, 2019 4:14 PM

That's no excuse for her behaviour, by the way, but an observation I've long noticed.

by Anonymousreply 268April 28, 2019 4:15 PM

I don't think MM has any intentional designs on destroying the BRF. I think she's focused solely on herself. Her popularity, her brand, her continued celebrity. Everything else is side noise to her. If it suddenly benefited her to be William's savior, she would change tactics in a nano-second.

by Anonymousreply 269April 28, 2019 4:16 PM

That 7000K art and the boy and girl holding hands—-can be found at Marshall’s any day. Wh not send Mr Elba a LIVE, LOVE LAUGH canvas?

by Anonymousreply 270April 28, 2019 4:16 PM

The art is a cross between Love Laugh Live and low-rent Banksy, just what you'd exoect from two out of touch middle agers.

by Anonymousreply 271April 28, 2019 4:19 PM

It pains me to defend the Sussexes, but I don’t think they sent that particular piece of art.

by Anonymousreply 272April 28, 2019 4:19 PM

The Rose story came right after the sex tape leak. After all the DM readers had looked up "salad tossing" definition, and were sneaking it in left , right and centre on comments crossing every different Markle article.

by Anonymousreply 273April 28, 2019 4:20 PM

She knew better and publicly humiliated herself, R264. The protocol of who goes first, second, third, etc. is simple enough for a child to understand.

by Anonymousreply 274April 28, 2019 4:21 PM

Regarding the "people are talking about her so she must be interesting" argument - no.

Meghan Markle is interesting by proxy and circumstance. She is not interesting in and of herself. You can work this out for yourself by marking the dates by which people began to talk about her, and that was the moment she was publicly known to be with PH, and not a second before.

MM is basic. I don't mean it in the 'I don't like her and this is the current insult' sense. I mean she actually is what the word describes. Her Mulroney friend is exactly the same as MM, minus the marriage to a Prince. If she had married PH and not Meghan, we'd all be talking about her. Not because she's interesting (she isn't) but because she inspires that absolutely delicious 'oh Christ I can't believe she managed that!' response and the equally entertaining diversion of watching an inherently basic and uninteresting person go about their lives under the brightest spotlight there is. Someone else said it upthread but for someone who was supposedly a lifestyle guru etc., MM has surprisingly basic 9there's that word again) tastes and talents. That baby-shower really was something off a mid-tier lifestyle blog circa 2014. Those Laduree macaron towers! I presume she only missed out on the 'heart shape in latte foam' photo because caffeine isn't on pregnant lady brand?

And her calligraphy, as another example. Go look at the photos in the DM of the letter to her father. That's not calligraphy. That's what a 12 year who has taken a few hours of lessons thinks is calligraphy.

And the worst (i.e. best) part of it all is that you can see she doesn't get it. She truly thinks these signals are all making her look classy and upper class and wonderful. It's hilarious. And so are her stans gobbling it up whilst dreaming of erecting Laduree macaron towers of their own and making all their friends jealous.

by Anonymousreply 275April 28, 2019 4:21 PM

Being gracious to Meghan is not very helpfull . She did damn well know she should’t be with the W and K and pC and. the queen . She thought when I ‘m standing in the doorway they let me in with them and of course Harry knew he wasn’t invited in .

by Anonymousreply 276April 28, 2019 4:22 PM

I’d like to know how they ended up in the doorway in the first place.

Did they pretend to sit down in the “minor royal” area, then sneak out at the last second to loiter in the doorway? If so, that is deliberate and frankly batshit crazy.

Did any of the courtiers try to gently guide them back, only to be told “We’ll stand where we want!”

I assume there’s a reason the video starts where it does. I bet some juicy shit was edited out.

by Anonymousreply 277April 28, 2019 4:29 PM

I'm sure they know if they give her an inch, she'll take a mile. We only see what is captured on film. Imagine what's transpired behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 278April 28, 2019 4:31 PM

R264, I perceived the way the handlers managed them during break in protocol as respectful, overall. They don’t want humiliate her or PH because that reflects poorly on them. They don’t seem perturbed or really invested or interested in mm or Ph anymore. We are drawn to analyze the outrageous behavior, but until the malicious cheating rumors for PW and kate, MM didn’t factor in much other than Harry’s wife. I don’t see dislike just disinterest. Her inflated view of herself and Harry, doesn’t jibe. But sullying the image of BRF is quite different than making fool of self. Here we go...

by Anonymousreply 279April 28, 2019 4:32 PM

R99 - Anne loathes grandstanders and poseurs, and both of those describe MM to a tee.

Anne is the Universal Opposite of Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 280April 28, 2019 4:32 PM

Now what WAS interesting was finding out what Will, Kate and Camilla were saying on the Investiture video. So kudos to the poster with the great earphones!

by Anonymousreply 281April 28, 2019 4:34 PM

Agreed R277. Why weren’t they in the minor royal area prior to filming, It is quite odd.

by Anonymousreply 282April 28, 2019 4:35 PM

I do think it’s sad that Harry is somewhat excluded from certain events. That’s his family, after all, and he and William were “us against the world” for much of their lives.

Then I think about it this way. Harry and MM are trying to hijack occasions that are supposed to be William’s special day.

For regular people, it would be like Harry trying to jump into the bride and groom photos on his brother’s wedding day.

by Anonymousreply 283April 28, 2019 4:36 PM

Exactly, this couple is the Michael Scott of RF!

by Anonymousreply 284April 28, 2019 4:37 PM

The case of today's missing and non-missing wedding ring. The press are posting pictures of last years London Marathon, as well as this years. Bizarrely, Harry has the exact same outfit on ( frugal, unlike his wife? Or more to it? Lol ). You can see the difference in his hair, though. Last years photos show a full head of hair, and a little bit of a defined cut around his head. This years, well....poor lad. I'm guessing some press are recycling last years pictures, seeing as he had the same outfit on, rather than pay up. Maybe. Possibly.

by Anonymousreply 285April 28, 2019 4:44 PM

He knew from childhood he is not the heir . But suddenly since Meghan appeared in his life he is beginning to think he can replace his brother William and be king someday . So all they do is put William in a bad light and try to play Kate against him . Harry thinks and I think its his wife who said that to him he would be better than William and he is afterall the peoples prince .

by Anonymousreply 286April 28, 2019 4:46 PM

The video shows the arrival of the Queen and other family as they go down the receiving line - THIS POINT is where Harry and MM first overstepped the boundary. Then there's the reception where everyone is seen talking to one another, holding drinks. I'm assuming that at the appointed time, all the guests were ushered into the room where the actual reason for the event was to take place. It was at that point that Harry and Meghan were supposed to have gone into the room and taken their seats like all the others assembled. But they remained with the Queen, PC and Cam, W and K for the photo op. They imposed on the photo op, and Will called it all for what it was. Harry looks like he's really caught in the middle of knowing what's expected of him and trying to please his wife. Hopefully, she understands now. Though the scene played out very subtly. it was no less brutal. However, she brought it on herself.

by Anonymousreply 287April 28, 2019 4:47 PM

It's an observation , R266. There's probably a forum for thinned skinned people with poor critical thinking skills who back the wrong horse.

You might profit from a wee Google.

by Anonymousreply 288April 28, 2019 4:54 PM

R237, there’s a cut between “drinks scene” and “core group rounds the corner and sees freaks waiting for them.”

If H&M had been hanging with the group the whole time, someone would have gently escorted them to the other room when the timecame.

But H&M appear to have ambushed the others.

So, where did they go between scenes, and before they installed themselves in the doorway?

It seems likely they were skulking around or being evasive to some extent or someone would have nabbed them before the cameras rolled.

by Anonymousreply 289April 28, 2019 4:55 PM

So boil it down, Megantoinette's photobomb, bombed.

by Anonymousreply 290April 28, 2019 4:59 PM

Totally agree with you R263 about the cheesy art given to Idris at his wedding. So inappropriate, with a white, single, upstart starlet on a ripped off cover of a pulp novel.

I have a theory about the art, which is referred to by the Connor Brothers (artists of said piece of dreck) that proceeds from donations of 12 prints will support organ donor awareness for a 9 year old with a lung disease.

I surmise that this art was procured with a donation from a royal family charity and re-gifted to the Elbas. I don't think MeAgain would have used her own money for this art that even she wouldn't have in her home. Tacky, very tacky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 28, 2019 5:03 PM

R291 - That phrase on the art is Meghan's life motto: "Why Fit In When You Were Born To Stand Out". Isn't versions of this what little Bean heard from her parents growing up?

by Anonymousreply 292April 28, 2019 5:11 PM

R289, I wouldn't say that being "way too into this" would be a negative. We're all super-sleuthing right now because it's fun. I might add that it's only in videos like these where we can glean the "real deal" concerning what the BRF think of her, and boy did William deliver in this video! To expand on your particular take, I would say that it may have been a case where they rest were patiently waiting for them to walk through to the final destination and when they didn't, then the rest of the family was like "Hell, let's just get it over with" and proceeded to do just that. The liveried footman? and the suited guy no doubt heard what transpired between Charles and Meghan as he entered. They, or someone who ordered them into action, probably heard William say "Not allowed" and came to escort them through. The video is incredible for the valuable information that it divulges, thanks to the DL crew deciphering it. I'll just bet that if you go to the accompanying YouTube comments, not a single comment to the video there would show that any of them know what really happened. But WE DO!

by Anonymousreply 293April 28, 2019 5:18 PM

R293 - I think the video also disproves the new stories about the "William & Harry Feud" being over weeks ago. Yeah right! (eye roll).

by Anonymousreply 294April 28, 2019 5:36 PM

^ That event, I think, occurred on 3/5/19

by Anonymousreply 295April 28, 2019 5:45 PM

FYI-Idris Elba DJed their wedding party. He’s a friend of PH. Saw Idris talk about it on some talk show.

What if the Grey Suits (Diana’s name for them) set them up? Put them in places that they were not supposed to be. PH knows protocol and he knows the rules. Also, they could being setting them up by making them look like they are doing and saying things they didn’t. They did this to Diana. They did whatever they could to make Diana look bad, why not MM. They probably have no issue doing this to PH, he isn’t going to be King.

The RF looks petty how they behaved by speaking ill of her in front of the camera. And Camilla, the woman who- with PC- hurt Diana and the young, at the time, Princes and made the RF look terrible has no right to complain about anyones behavior.

by Anonymousreply 296April 28, 2019 5:45 PM

Will’s level of exasperation suggests this isn’t the first attempted hijacking.

What might be other examples? Prince Charles’s birthday garden party?

by Anonymousreply 297April 28, 2019 5:46 PM

They. Know. When. That. Woman. Passes. Gas.

Let that sink in for once and for all. They know her every move.

by Anonymousreply 298April 28, 2019 5:54 PM

“I don’t think MM is smart enough to have any plans to “modernize the monarchy.”

Like most personality-disordered people, she sort of lurches around, reacting on instinct to whatever situation is right in front of her.”

So true.

by Anonymousreply 299April 28, 2019 5:57 PM

I stan a petty William. I hope we see more humiliations for the Sussex shitfest. The BRF has treated them with kid gloves too long already. Looking for that elephant to drop out of MEghan's hallway crotch so there is no more pass for her being up the duff.

I think the BRF will do just fine. Ain't nobody worried enough to give the froglet an HRH despite the lunatics who think (with defective brain cells) that it is some veiled attempt at racism. Sussex followers are demented and you can't reason with crazy.

by Anonymousreply 300April 28, 2019 6:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301April 28, 2019 6:07 PM

R296 What you are conveniently forgetting is that the nature of what PW & C said indicates that they already seriously dislike Markle and already regard her as an attention-seeker. If not they’d have all seen it as an accident & not been so pissed off at her.

Going to blame the “men in grey suits” for that too, are you?

And I don’t think PH and Idris Elba are “friends”. According to an interview Idris gave, he DJ’d a party Harry was at...and when they bumped into each other again, PH asked whether he’d DJ at his wedding. Sounds more like acquaintances at best.

by Anonymousreply 302April 28, 2019 6:10 PM

When is Meghantoinette having that damn baby? She must be10 1/2 months pregnant at this point.

by Anonymousreply 303April 28, 2019 6:12 PM

R301, interesting. What a dilemma for poor Duchess Meghan!

The support of these wealthy blonde women is problematic, isn’t it? They want her to have a daughter (good!) so their own daughters can benefit from the patriarchy (bad!). Meghan wants to be an agent of change to improve women’s lives. But if it benefits elite whites and no one else, isn’t that a problem?

by Anonymousreply 304April 28, 2019 6:16 PM

Good point, r304.

I already can’t imagine how “feminist” Meghan reconciles her feminism with her life strategy of spreading her legs for advancement.

by Anonymousreply 305April 28, 2019 6:26 PM

I hope that William humiliates them in every possible way H and M . They want his downfall so he should be ruthless .

by Anonymousreply 306April 28, 2019 6:27 PM

I know this is not British royalty but if we may just go Swedish for a moment, how cute is this picture from Princess Victoria’s wedding reception? The groom is another commoner who married in, is he doing ok as far as we know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307April 28, 2019 6:39 PM

R303, not true. Friday marked 40 weeks if she was at 12 weeks on Beatrice’s wedding,

by Anonymousreply 308April 28, 2019 6:42 PM

For those that think the pregnancy has been going on forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 28, 2019 6:44 PM

LOVING this sleuthing. Was her oldy old secret Twitter account been brought up in the Dangling Tendrils threads? Just sleuthing the WayBack Machine for some salacious gossip from her blog prior to The Frig. Sorry, The Tig.

by Anonymousreply 310April 28, 2019 7:05 PM

I'd like to see Harry and Meghan take inspiration from the queen of celebrity baby names, the late Paula Yates, whose daughters are called

Fifi Trixibelle Geldof

Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof (RIP)

Little Pixie Geldof

Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence-Geldof

by Anonymousreply 311April 28, 2019 7:08 PM

Does Sunshine Sachs represent Idris Elba or Elba’s wife?

They seem to have a large number of black clients, and those clients seem to be connected to Meghan Markle quite a bit.

Or am I just imagining this?

by Anonymousreply 312April 28, 2019 7:20 PM

Re, the video of the RF posted upthread.

Wow, Queen Eliz. 2 looks a bit frail when you see her in video; she is a tad stooped. Still in fabulous shape for 93! Go Lilibet!

Kate looks tired in video! The still photos we see of her are utterly retouched. (Old school for photoshopped, nathurally.) Still a pretty woman, and still looks great.

Will MM get her pre-pregnancy figure back as quickly as Kate? That is the question!

by Anonymousreply 313April 28, 2019 7:39 PM

R313 - The reason I think she doesn't want to appear on the hospital steps soon after giving birth is the fact that for all her self-confident posturing, Duchess Yoko is more insecure than she lets on and doesn't feel she can compete with Kate.

by Anonymousreply 314April 28, 2019 7:53 PM

R137 - that video is priceless. Any new member of the Royal Family should be shown this little gem as part of a course "How To Alienate Your New Family 101".

by Anonymousreply 315April 28, 2019 7:56 PM

[quote]Duchess Yoko is more insecure than she lets on and doesn't feel she can compete with Kate.

Plus she's gotten really fat during this pregnancy. She'll actually look like most women after they have a child. Which of course she can't stand.

She's a freak. Get her out.

by Anonymousreply 316April 28, 2019 7:59 PM

She is not going to appear on the steps because they don't make postpartum moonbumps, and no, she will not regain her figure faster than Kate because she never lost her figure. Those moonbumps will have to be burned to exorcise their twisted energy.

Not sure if I agree she's gotten fat, R316. Her face is fuller, but her legs are just as twiggy. My guess is she has allowed herself extra clotted cream in order to perpetuate the myth.

by Anonymousreply 317April 28, 2019 8:01 PM

[quote]What the hell is wrong with the British government that they haven't change the inheritance laws?

It's a political no win. While fair it would perpetuate the aristocracy and be used against the party that made the change. The last hereditary peerage outside the Royal Family was granted in 1984, to Harold Macmillan. Denis Thatcher for some reason got a hereditary baronetcy in 1990. I am not sure one's been created since. So equality for women is important, except if you're an aristocratic woman...

by Anonymousreply 318April 28, 2019 8:03 PM

R254, would your opinion change if she was the source of the Rose stories? Would it change if they turn out to be false?

by Anonymousreply 319April 28, 2019 8:05 PM

Threats to the Queen are nothing new

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320April 28, 2019 8:17 PM

I've heard he is doing very well. They are a popular couple, no scandal, two gorgeous kids. It's a much more low key life and the family is frequently seen in public and no one makes a fuss.

by Anonymousreply 321April 28, 2019 8:49 PM

^ that was for r307

by Anonymousreply 322April 28, 2019 8:50 PM

Markle married Trevor in 2011 (?) , so who was this? #Sleuthing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 28, 2019 8:53 PM

Is Eugenie up the duff? Recent pics seem to indicate she might be. If so, she's hiding it well and keeping it private until the appropriate time to announce it. Which should be the minute the birth of baby Sussex is announced (lol).

by Anonymousreply 324April 28, 2019 9:10 PM

So if the baby still isn't here a whole week later, then why was Sparkle 'unable' to attend the Easter service last week? It's clear she wasn't in labour then. She's avoiding the RF (not that they mind - I'm sure they were all relieved not to have to deal with her cupping through a church service)

by Anonymousreply 325April 28, 2019 9:17 PM

Not so much her avoiding them, possibly them , in the politest way possible, making her keep out of sight. Especially with the majority of the UK press readers reckoning she is behind some nasty leaks.

by Anonymousreply 326April 28, 2019 9:21 PM

Grayed out. Get to liking the posts. Be sure to WW the original post to this tread at the very top. Some people! There's really not anything horrible we've written in this thread!

by Anonymousreply 327April 28, 2019 9:32 PM

Since the Sparkle and Harry (and other members of the RF) depend on the RF people (aides, drivers, security, etc.) to inform them of where they are to go, the time, the schedule, etc. get them to events, how would Sparkle even know about or manage to get to an event she wasn't wanted at? Or invited to?

By taxi? By foot?

by Anonymousreply 328April 28, 2019 9:34 PM

Fucking Meghan-adoring looney bins.

by Anonymousreply 329April 28, 2019 9:36 PM

^ No one is disputing that they were most likely invited to the event, itself. The video shows that they were photo bombing the photo op when they should have been waiting in the other room with all the other guests.

by Anonymousreply 330April 28, 2019 9:36 PM

R307,

You might want to check out this thread about European Royalty.

Princess Victoria is my favorite, but you would get a better response on this other thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331April 28, 2019 9:36 PM

Of course the were invited. But they weren't supposed to be part of the photo op in front of the investiture regalia stuff.

Of course MEGalomaniac and Duke Dumb couldn't resist bombing the photo op.

by Anonymousreply 332April 28, 2019 9:39 PM

R330 & R332

R325, R326 and R328 were referring to and replying to comment about Sparkle's not appearing at the Easter service.

Not the 50th Anniversary of the Investiture.

by Anonymousreply 333April 28, 2019 9:40 PM

[quote]Is Eugenie up the duff? Recent pics seem to indicate she might be. If so, she's hiding it well and keeping it private until the appropriate time to announce it. Which should be the minute the birth of baby Sussex is announced

That would be great.

by Anonymousreply 334April 28, 2019 9:43 PM

R333, I was referring to R330's post which most definitely deals with the investiture anniversary event.

by Anonymousreply 335April 28, 2019 9:46 PM

Well, Eugie's wedding and especially her bridal outfit (tiara, dress, going w/o veil) along with the ceremony itself did upstage the cringefest in May. Why not upstage as the better pregnancy?

by Anonymousreply 336April 28, 2019 9:47 PM

[quote]The RF looks petty how they behaved by speaking ill of her in front of the camera. And Camilla, the woman who- with PC- hurt Diana and the young, at the time, Princes and made the RF look terrible has no right to complain about anyones behavior.

They were in front of a camera, but a decent distance from it, especially when William says "not allowed." Clearly, the conversation was not meant to be picked up by the mic (though whether they intended the Sussexes to eavesdrop is another matter). What puzzles me is that the media branch of the palace didn't mute those parts. I could not make the conversation out at all and neither could most here. It wasn't until the involvement of some hi tech gaming earphones that lines were revealed. Maybe the people who had the final OK didn't bother listening as closely as DL.

by Anonymousreply 337April 28, 2019 9:52 PM

You can see Charles caution them to stay back. Harry, who should have known better than to pull this, looks chastened and Megs looks deflated. She is doing him no favors.

by Anonymousreply 338April 28, 2019 9:58 PM

R143 .. the "worse for her" soundbite comes out of the Queen's mouth, not Camilla. It is clearly her voice, talking to Charles about the stuff on the table.

I agree with the other soundbites though.

What people here don't seem to understand (just like Meghan fails to understand), is that the order of precedence, and who walks in which order and rituals etc, is that these people, are doing these public rituals as an "office", as an official representation of something related to the Monarchy, and the State. They are performing official roles, and it is nothing personal.

If you think William having to walk in front of Harry means he is somehow conceited and full of himself, and all royals are equal, then you didn't understand what this public show is about.

by Anonymousreply 339April 28, 2019 10:02 PM

I can hear "come back a bit" at the beginning when they are in the doorway which is a poor choice of words from Charles talking to Meghan. She understood "come".

by Anonymousreply 340April 28, 2019 10:03 PM

... and come she did.

by Anonymousreply 341April 28, 2019 10:03 PM

R 147 The Queen IS like the Dalai Lama, precisely. The Dalai Lama is revered for being the Dalai Lama, a representative of an office, of a title, related to a (ex-) State / government, and an organized religious system.

The Queen is not revered because she is Elizabeth Windsor, but because she is the representative of an official title the highest title in the UK government. Her role is neutral, but she is the highest representative - it is "her" government, and it is "hers" because of her title. Same goes for Charles, and William. Harry is not, he is there, and included because he is Harry, the brother of William, the future title holder.

by Anonymousreply 342April 28, 2019 10:18 PM

r147*

by Anonymousreply 343April 28, 2019 10:18 PM

It's interesting that Meghan doesn't mind hierarchy and protocol when it benefits her: Getting to delay Eugenie's wedding 6 months because Harry is higher up the food chain in the Royal Family. But when it's her turn to step back, she won't.

by Anonymousreply 344April 28, 2019 10:21 PM

Can’t wait until a healthy child is safely delivered. Then I’d love to move on to a Eugenie pregnancy and (please lord!) a Beatrice-Edo engagement.

New season, new stars!

by Anonymousreply 345April 28, 2019 10:29 PM

I just read all the tweets of Torontopaper1, they are fascinating.

It's probably William haha, letting all his bitchy queen energy out anonymously.

I said it before, Meghan was very ballsy to get involved and challenge the lizards in public.

by Anonymousreply 346April 28, 2019 10:30 PM

Unless she comes up with some new outrages against tradition and protocol, Meghan won't be nearly as interesting to the general public once the oftphotos are revealed. Even if she has another child, the second baby is never as big a deal as the first one. She should enjoy the spotlight while she's got it.

Of course, knowing her, she'll figure out how to make an ass of herself often enough to grab some headlines . . .

by Anonymousreply 347April 28, 2019 10:31 PM

I mean, no one would ever officially believe it was him even if "sources" said so.

by Anonymousreply 348April 28, 2019 10:31 PM

Once the OFFICIAL BABY PHOTOS are revealed: Don't know what happened there.

by Anonymousreply 349April 28, 2019 10:31 PM

Why does someone keep trying to gray out these threads? It's so stupid: Like that's going to keep us from thinking and talking shit about Markle.

by Anonymousreply 350April 28, 2019 10:32 PM

An edit button would be a great addition.

by Anonymousreply 351April 28, 2019 10:33 PM

[quote]The video shows that they were photo bombing the photo op when they should have been waiting in the other room with all the other guests.

And had she stuck to her lane she might have enjoyed a few moments of precedence before the senior members of the royal family returned.

by Anonymousreply 352April 28, 2019 10:40 PM

R337 I'm the original poster from part 42 that brought up the video and what was said. William saying "for attention" and Camilla saying "so awkward" I was watching it with my daughter and she was the one who heard it without any headphones etc. I think people were just focusing on the Harkles and the awkward interactions with the courtiers who rush in to stop them not the actual fun part that was going on with William and Cams. Though I have to say I was surprised that I could hear it so well when my daughter pointed it out. Personally I think the RF don't give a fuck that you could hear what was said because they were appalled at how PH and MM behaved and I'm sure it's not the first time. I love this new William maybe it's just his real personality that has has been suppressed for so long by politeness. For those old enough to remember he was a terror when he was little and called "the basher" and "William the terrible" looks like The Basher is back!

by Anonymousreply 353April 28, 2019 10:50 PM

I, for one, hail our new Alpha Dick King William.

by Anonymousreply 354April 28, 2019 10:53 PM

I keep watching that video at r57 and laughing. There’s so much going on at once, you have to follow each player from beginning to end, focusing solely on that one person.

My favorite part may be Harry waving Prince Charles through, as if Charles had asked permission to pass. That tipped Charles off to the fuckery that was about to happen. Although Harry doesn’t stray far from the doorway; he knows it’s wrong.

The second funniest part was the footmen or ushers chasing Meghan down.

And Kate, who never spares a glance at the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 355April 28, 2019 11:01 PM

R264 - No, your using the word "ceremony" yet not understanding the issue, is weird.

In public ceremonies, she is a title holder. She should have known her place. She is the duchess of Sussex, no title related to the Prince of Wales title. She is "in the crowd" because her husband is the brother of the future Prince of Wales.

When the ceremony starts, she needs to play her official role related to her title - it's like a play.

by Anonymousreply 356April 28, 2019 11:05 PM

Yes, R355, it seems like Charles and the rest were hanging back, to give Harry and Meghan time to go ahead into the main room with the rest of the assembled guests. They were giving them a last-minute chance to save face. Then Harry smugly waves Charles and HM forwards, and the real fuckery began. What a moron.

by Anonymousreply 357April 28, 2019 11:06 PM

I truly believe that William absolutely can’t stand Markle. I think he was a bit concerned about whether she was suitable pre-marriage but her behaviour since has pushed him into actual, full-on dislike. I bet he can hardly bear to be in the same room as her.

And since the cunt can’t tolerate being disliked, I now think it’s highly likely that she was behind the Rose rumours being leaked -although, unlike others, I do think it likely that something did happen there.

I think the “issues were resolved weeks ago” and “Easter Sunday visit” stories are both complete inventions designed to try and squash down bad press in the run up to the baby being born.

by Anonymousreply 358April 28, 2019 11:06 PM

137, I've listened to that on headphones and I don't think William is saying "wants to be seen in the pictures". He's talking to Camilla about something I can't make out, and then he points at the table and says abruptly, "Seen the pictures?" I think he's referring to the pictures on the table.

by Anonymousreply 359April 28, 2019 11:11 PM

R275 exactly. She is interesting to observe and think about in combination with her public environment, which happens to be.... the fucking BRF.

It's like the boy in the gorilla cage. The boy isn't interesting, but a boy in the gorilla cage is. That's why everyone is interested.

by Anonymousreply 360April 28, 2019 11:11 PM

I love the Markle drama because it's like a comedy from the 1930s. Showgirl marries royalty and hijinks ensue!

by Anonymousreply 361April 28, 2019 11:14 PM

Except in the movie she had a heart of gold, not a hard on for gold.

by Anonymousreply 362April 28, 2019 11:15 PM

R283 That's Harry's family alright, but at public ceremonies they are working / at work.

The brother of a CEO should not feel left out if he doesn't stand on stage during a work engagement of the board of directors - even if he also works for the company, he's not in the board.

Those ceremonies are work engagements and it really does seem to me, that Harry is taking those things personally, as snubs.

I begin to think that he does not really know protocol. He grew up in the family, but never with titles, he never really started working so his the protocols expected of his role now are new to him as well. It's always been just a family matter to him, I guess that's related to Diana's parental care.

There is a reason why royal parenting is so distant and without the sense of family care, because these people are "working" as officials 24/7. It makes for fucked-up childhoods but makes for great understanding of protocol and awareness of office.

Can't have it both ways I guess.

by Anonymousreply 363April 28, 2019 11:22 PM

[quote]Those ceremonies are work engagements and it really does seem to me, that Harry is taking those things personally, as snubs.

He's being told to. He grew up with it. He knows the form. But now he's at home all day with her telling him how things will be done.

Duke of Stockholm.

by Anonymousreply 364April 28, 2019 11:24 PM

"Okay. Harry now has a wife of his own, so we can all relax because he won't be tagging along anymore."

Four months later.....

"Oh shit! Not only does he still tag along, but now he's got a shameless fame whoring plus one!"

by Anonymousreply 365April 28, 2019 11:26 PM

I think he just followed form without being aware of it. Now Meghan is analysing stuff that he never even considered before. "You're right Meghan, I AM just as valuable as Will"

He is being very unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 366April 28, 2019 11:28 PM

If this royal protocol and snubbery happened at home in private at the dinner table with Will and Kate, then I could understand the contempt. Then it would really be just rude and snobby, and totally uncalled for, something that ought to change, to tackle and challenge publicly indeed.

But I don't think they behave this way at dinner at home... so Harry and Meghan can't seem to separate work and family. It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 367April 28, 2019 11:34 PM

From the Youtube commentS: The Duchess of Cambridge looks lovely. I was glad to see that the appropriate hierarchy of the family was respected by most of the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 368April 28, 2019 11:40 PM

R287 I think everyone had to go through that room with the ushers standing in line ushering them through. And Harry and Meghan waited for the Queen at the door even though they should have scuttled through that room.

by Anonymousreply 369April 28, 2019 11:40 PM

One of the first mistakes (after the wedding) was Harry letting Sparkle walk into "Work" events in front of him.

Anyone who has paid attention to the RF at all, notices that the spouse (regardless of sex) of the born royal walks behind them at these events.

Sparkle began by and continues to just barge in first, as if people are there only because of her.

This should have been corrected when it first happened, but was not.

Also her ignoring instructions from the security officers, etc.

Same thing. "I am going to do what I want" and her Sad Sack husband just goes along.

All this behavior of hers (represented again in the Investiture anniversary video) throws off all others who are a part of the ceremony. They same is true on other videoed "official" occasions they have attended. Plenty of examples out there and have been posted on these thread.

How to change behavior? Penalties for refusal to follow protocol and security measures.

Every time she walks in front of Harry at an official event, they lose money from their taxpayer funded income.

Every time she ignores security instructions, they lose money from their taxpayer funded income.

Inappropriate curtsy to King of Tonga or any other similar dignitary, they lose a chunk of money from their taxpayer funded income.

Inappropriate clothing worn for "working" engagements, they lose money from their taxpayer funded income.

At the official engagements they attend, they are there to represent the RF. It as such representatives that they receive money from the taxpayers.

Don't want to do the job properly? OK. But we won't pay you when you fail to behave as you should because you are not doing the job.

by Anonymousreply 370April 28, 2019 11:46 PM

So maybe it was more of a fuck up of logistics than a scam by Megantoinette. Maybe.

Bear with me.

The reception is held in the picture gallery... at the more northerly end of the state rooms. The ballroom, where the ceremony was held (shown at the end) is at the southerly end. The guests would have been moved along the picture gallery to their seats in the ballroom.

The receiving line was in the White Drawing Room. Note in this instance it was the Royals who moved along the line, rather than the line moving past them. The Sussexes were last, per precedence. Those guests in the receiving room would have been escorted along the same route, I am guessing, because the Royal Family moves into the next room to the White Drawing Room, the Music Room, which is where the display happens and where the Sussexes lurked in the doorway. The doors from the Music Room to the Picture Gallery are closed. It is likely the royal party moved onward from the Music Room, through the Blue Room, then the State Dining Room, then into the ballroom to take their seats in the front row.

If you look at the row the Sussexes are sat in, it looks like David and Serena Linley are seated in it, as maybe so is Sarah Chatto (cousins, Princess Margaret's children.). They wouldn't have been part of the royal party. Charles seems to sit in that row, with the Queen and the Cambridges opposite.

So maybe something buggered up... maybe the Sussexes weren't sure where to go and hung with their pack and should have entered like Linley and Chatto. Or maybe she decided to take advantage of it. Certainly the Aide de Camp is hustling like a plan has gone off the rails.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371April 28, 2019 11:57 PM

Sort of agree R296. Obsessed with this story but not sure who to root for?

by Anonymousreply 372April 29, 2019 12:16 AM

Re R370

Also...

Here's another...

Every time you choose to wear clothes from non-British brands? Harry & Sparkle lose money from their taxpayer funded income.

As I understand it, the taxpayer money is doled out to the "working" royals because they are fulfilling their role as representing the Queen. So, if you want to go your own way, you are free to do so, but the taxpayer money will be withheld. You are not doing the job. So, why should you be paid for a job you are not fulfilling?

by Anonymousreply 373April 29, 2019 1:08 AM

Ah! Just like the rest of us schmucks they need a performance improvement plan (PIP). But I bet they are worried that after she leaves, MM will trash talk the BRF. So this is sort of a Mexican standoff.

by Anonymousreply 374April 29, 2019 1:20 AM

I really don’t understand why the Harrys of the royal world don’t carve out a separate identity for themselves. Become a doctor, a medical researcher, an architect. I can understand why no barristers- probably too many possible conflicts there.

Can you imagine how easy grad school would be if you had someone to take care of you and pay your bills during your studies?

by Anonymousreply 375April 29, 2019 1:23 AM

None of those were career options, he is not academic.

by Anonymousreply 376April 29, 2019 1:42 AM

They need to try to control her PR scorched earth tactics.

by Anonymousreply 377April 29, 2019 1:48 AM

How long until the headline “The Sussex baby nanny has already QUIT over disagreements with Meghan” or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 378April 29, 2019 1:51 AM

R378 first we need “Royal Baby Heals Family Rift!”

by Anonymousreply 379April 29, 2019 1:56 AM

To be technical, first we need a BABY to be born of someone.

by Anonymousreply 380April 29, 2019 1:59 AM

For sure, R374. You just know Harry has whispered all the fun family dirt during pillow talk.

by Anonymousreply 381April 29, 2019 1:59 AM

At the risk of sounding stupid, may I ask this question: Why did the BRF let that video be released, being that it is so embarrassing to them?

by Anonymousreply 382April 29, 2019 2:30 AM

It would have been preapproved... pool tape of the event, agreed to by the palace press office with the broadcaster. Presumably they weren't thinking they could be heard. In terms of crazy grin and Dim, it would have been more embarrassing to ask for the tape not to be used than to just let it go. Never complain, never explain.

by Anonymousreply 383April 29, 2019 2:32 AM

Thanks, R383.

by Anonymousreply 384April 29, 2019 2:37 AM

I feel so badly for QE2.

She had given so much the world all of her life!

She does not need this grief from MM!

by Anonymousreply 385April 29, 2019 2:46 AM

I don't think it is embarrassing to THEM, R382.

It just shows another of Sparkle & Dim's attempt to boycott protocol.

Only people who don't follow the Royals would think it was wrong for the Sussex pair to be stopped from pushing in.

by Anonymousreply 386April 29, 2019 2:51 AM

Check her out here... she's a delight. And on her game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 29, 2019 2:53 AM

Check out her line at 15:58... I won't spoil it but she made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 388April 29, 2019 2:58 AM

I like her understated brooch.

by Anonymousreply 389April 29, 2019 3:00 AM

Vanity Fair magazine had a great article on QE2 in 1992. I tried to link, but could not!

by Anonymousreply 390April 29, 2019 3:10 AM

R389, she tells a story about the broach during the program... it's basically a leftover...

by Anonymousreply 391April 29, 2019 3:14 AM

The thing I like about the Queen, vs someone, is that she's so understated and low key and sensible (and even abrupt. Princess Anne speaks very much in the same style and manner. When asked what her children did during coronation day her answer is grade A 'well, that's a stupid question' because she's so straightforward in her thinking.) Watch the linked show. No grand thoughts - at least expressed elaborately. But her remark at the very end, about coronation and tradition and chivalry... she's not stupid but she plainly feels no need to try to perform in her role. She just lives it. She gets that less is more, vs... someone.

by Anonymousreply 392April 29, 2019 3:18 AM

R262 from the tone of the writing, Meghan hasn’t evolved from the style of she employed during her moment in the sun, when she was eleven. The only surprise is that she doesn’t start her writing by stating - ‘Hi, I’m Meghan’.

by Anonymousreply 393April 29, 2019 3:39 AM

R391 It’s a rather tasty leftover!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394April 29, 2019 3:41 AM

R171 One could extrapolate the angst from the Suxes onto the ghost of Princess Margaret and to Prince Andrew. Imagine all the seconds in line (at one time) hovering near the door with barely concealed venom. W.

by Anonymousreply 395April 29, 2019 3:45 AM

Don’t scream, but...

Early pregnancy press releases said H&M announced the pregnancy to family a few days before Euge’s wedding.

And the 12 week scan was likely before they announced.

Which means MM was closer to 13 weeks at the wedding. This is at minimum.

There was some press release from early in the AUS tour that described her as 15 weeks.

All this adds up to her being more like 41 weeks now.

Doesn’t mean anything yet... but if we go another 2 weeks, we know somethings fishy.

by Anonymousreply 396April 29, 2019 3:53 AM

I think she has already had that baby!

by Anonymousreply 397April 29, 2019 3:55 AM

R396, I like your math and your sleuthing.

I would find it hard to believe that MM's OB/GYN would let her go to 41 weeks at her age.

And WTF is up with her always touching her bump in public? Most unbecoming!

by Anonymousreply 398April 29, 2019 3:58 AM

Thank you, r398.

Here is the link to the 15-week press release.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399April 29, 2019 4:27 AM

15 weeks as of Ict 15 would mean she would be almost 43 weeks now.

Something’s off.

by Anonymousreply 400April 29, 2019 4:30 AM

R236 ‘Duke’ as a name of nickname doesn’t have great connotations. Nor has Duchess for that matter. Lewis Carroll effectively gave all Duchesses a bad image.

by Anonymousreply 401April 29, 2019 4:35 AM

Hopefully Gurl will slow down after spawn is birthed...it is a lot of work to maintain a brand and a baby.

by Anonymousreply 402April 29, 2019 4:51 AM

Nothing’s off. If she was 12 weeks during the week of Beatrice’s wedding, she was 40 weeks this week. Just because there’s a story quoting a “friend”, doesn’t mean it’s accurate.

by Anonymousreply 403April 29, 2019 4:58 AM

R399 That’s not a “press release”.

by Anonymousreply 404April 29, 2019 5:04 AM

Poking around YouTube I found this vid of Diana at Princess Grace's funeral. No one could have imagined she'd suffer a similar fate.

I remember watching this funeral on TV, the terrible, tearful grief displayed by Caroline and Rainier, both just stricken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405April 29, 2019 5:10 AM

I must admit that video had me crying too, their grief was so overwhelming. Poor souls.

by Anonymousreply 406April 29, 2019 6:18 AM

I still remember those pictures of Caroline and Rainier at Grace's funeral.

They both looked absolutely shattered.

The video linked above about Grace's funeral showed Princess Diana in the front row, sitting next to Nancy Reagan who was sitting next to Madame Mitterrand.

Princess Diana and Nancy Reagan were both obviously crying and wiping tears from their eyes with handkerchiefs.

The only Hollywood celebrity mentioned at the funeral was Cary Grant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 29, 2019 6:58 AM

R405, yep, and Di was a brand new mum then! Grace died in Sept. 1982, and Wills had just been born in June.

by Anonymousreply 408April 29, 2019 8:13 AM

I was thinking as it is clear Harry wants to destroy the monarchy he will robb himself of the income that sustained him and Meghan . I don’t think these two can live just from the money from the trustfund alone . They need the surplus they get from Charles and from the taxpayers . And If the monarchy isn’t there anymore all he gets is his duke title and nothing else . No HRH anymore . I don’t think he will get by with that alone . And i don’t think the world is waiting for two older ceelebrities.The one balding balding very rapidly and the other who is even older than him and not getting younger . they Think they are as good as Amal and George Clooney or Serena Williams or Ophrah all who are very rich unlike them .

by Anonymousreply 409April 29, 2019 8:31 AM

Or she thinks If Harry is more popular than William he will be king after Charles . Meghan thinks its a popularity contest the monarchy .

by Anonymousreply 410April 29, 2019 9:26 AM

Hello Crazy R409! Still working on those full stops, aren’t you?

by Anonymousreply 411April 29, 2019 9:45 AM

Someone kindly put up a copy of the excellent Coronation documentary made a year or two ago - when I tried to access I had trouble so I'm putting a different copy up again. It's especially good because it includes the Queen handling and talking about the Regalia, and also her watching her father's own Coronation films - with her legs neatly drape-crossed, at the knee, at age 91/92!! She makes it look like it's nothing. She's amazing.

If Meghan manages to rock the Queen's otherwise very solid boat, I will be shocked, although I do also admit genuine concern at BP's apparently casual response to Meghan's repulsive behaviour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412April 29, 2019 9:47 AM

Also, at 15:49, they tell of the Regalia being hidden in underground tunnels during WWII and just before that, of the most valuable jewels from the Regalia being prised out of their settings and hid in a biscuit tin!

by Anonymousreply 413April 29, 2019 9:59 AM

They let you out of the basement R 411 ?

by Anonymousreply 414April 29, 2019 9:59 AM

Charles seems quite indulgent with her. She has sown a lot of discord within the family. Charles really seems petty and weak. So much for the PR puffery rolled out around his birthday.

She is a genuine threat to all of it and seemingly always will be.

by Anonymousreply 415April 29, 2019 11:17 AM

For me I don’t want to see BabyFrog at all . But they will stuff pics of it in our throats if we like it or not . They can keep the babyfrog all to themselves . A choir of croaks will announce its birth . When you hear that you know its born 😂

by Anonymousreply 416April 29, 2019 11:35 AM

I know, poor baby frog will forever be tainted by his or her mother's griftiness. Hope him or her has a loving, fantastic nanny who, for stability's sake, refuses to quit no matter what Duchess Yoko-Grabby-Sparkle throws at her.

by Anonymousreply 417April 29, 2019 11:43 AM

40 weeks is a typical pregnancy. So what week do you think she's at? It's fairly usual a first time mother is overdue and often induced. I don't say this to defend her. Can't stand that phone.

by Anonymousreply 418April 29, 2019 11:53 AM

[quote]Charles seems quite indulgent with her.

Not sure I agree. Sometimes I wonder whether the tungsten comment was a compliment. But Charles, originally, probably didn't care. First wife of the second son, how much trouble could she be? (Arguably, it turns out, quite a lot.). Maybe his view will change. But the Windsors are notoriously turn a blind eye type until it is almost too late. In that respect you wonder if Charles is just like his mother. William seems a hammer. You kind of hope Camilla takes as dim of view of Megantoinette's character and antics as she did of Diana's. I thought Diana was terrific, but slightly nuts (though made so in no small part by the way she was treated), but she and Camilla by temperament and outlook were oil and water. I have a hard time thinking Camilla takes a smiling view of the woman who turned Harry into a yoga mat.

by Anonymousreply 419April 29, 2019 11:57 AM

8 years ago today...this happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420April 29, 2019 12:00 PM

Sophie Wessex is in India.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421April 29, 2019 12:01 PM

I was thinking about the Tungsten comment only yesterday, and wondering if that was a leak from MM herself. To try and reaffirm that she sees herself as strong stuff, while giving the impression is that fond of her he has given a nickname.

by Anonymousreply 422April 29, 2019 12:34 PM

Sorry, giving the impression that Charles is that fond of her, he has given her a nickname.

by Anonymousreply 423April 29, 2019 12:35 PM

Does-does anybody else sometimes feel sorry for MM? I know, I know...

She is so offensive to me in so many ways (my hit list includes baby shower and obnoxious bump rubbing) but the tiny,living bit of my cold, dead heart sometimes bubbles up into something like sympathy and guilt for thinking such ugly thoughts. And I feel bad about transferring those onto a sweet, innocent babe.

by Anonymousreply 424April 29, 2019 12:44 PM

I do, r424, seriously. It seems like she is addicted to attention like others are addicted to drugs. She just cannot help herself. She seems like a desperately unhappy person who is completely devoid of an inner life.

by Anonymousreply 425April 29, 2019 12:48 PM

And one who may go far in bringing down the BRF, R425. The bigger picture (globalism vs. Brexit, stiff upper lip re: wallowing in angst, the BRF as the face to British identity vs. sleazy celebs, etc, etc) is far more interesting. The world if full of broken people, not many have acted with such malice, so publicly. I do believe she was the source of the Rose story and has even gone after the children. She has undermined years of PR boosting the image of Charles and the Cambridges, all in well under a year. All while living well of

by Anonymousreply 426April 29, 2019 12:52 PM

All while living well off taxpayer money!

by Anonymousreply 427April 29, 2019 12:52 PM

Charles seemed placating to her at the Investature. The rest of the family did not. She plays up to him, he has the $ after all. He absented himself on Easter, also the birthday of his elderly mother. He was the one she targeted to force her way into the room/photos. As long as they are not a united front, they stand no chance against her.

Charles has thrown both sons under the bus in his own PR but he seems a bit jealous of William. He is so weak and wet that he is receptive to the flirting and cooing of a yacht girl. As long as she can play the divides, she has power. It is said that Charles and Camilla do not live together and they often vacation separately. Camilla seems team William but who knows what influence she has re: Me-Gain and the perspective of Charles?

If you think protocol and tradition have their place, MeMe looks awful. If you think all members of a family should be treated well, the BRF came off terribly. She wants to upend it all, using that image to create her own brand, re: cough, what REALLY matters. Of course it is all BS but Sunshine Sachs is a top PR firm for a reason. I believe her family to be in on it too, as was discussed on prior threads, they were part of the pitch when she was thinking of bringing in new PR. They play up the poor Megsy victimized angle.

To think Haru claimed the BRF would be the family she never had. She has done her best to undermine them professionally and personally and even preschoolers are not exempt!

by Anonymousreply 428April 29, 2019 1:03 PM

Don't get me wrong, r426, I cannot stand the woman. But she got this far because the BRF (most like Charles) allowed her into their family. Harry should have been told "no" from the get go. The only true sympathy I have is for William and Kate. They did not ask for this to happen and they have seemingly been tasked with cleaning it up, i.e., playing nice for the cameras, etc. It must drive William crazy to see how utterly ineffectual his father is.

by Anonymousreply 429April 29, 2019 1:13 PM

I just rewatched some clips of the Sussex wedding, and coupled with the picture of young Doria holding baby Meghan, I can't help but wonder if Doria is slightly intellectually disabled. She looks rather "special" at times.

by Anonymousreply 430April 29, 2019 1:27 PM

I found her utterly disgusting this Meghan woman . When they had their engagement I thought give them the benefit Of the doubt but after one year and a half later I don’t want to see her anymore out in public . Even now she is in maternity leave she is like a wrecking ball .

by Anonymousreply 431April 29, 2019 1:33 PM

Doria is probably not intellectually disabled...doesn't she have a master's degree? I agree that photo was odd looking, but it was taken when she was in the hospital, probably still under the effects of pain medicine after giving birth.

Meghan turned out to be many times worse than I expected her to before the wedding. Above, someone asks if we should feel sorry for her. She is definitely a pushy asshole, but if she is clinically narcissist, can she really help her behavior? The first step would be to recognize you have a condition that makes you different from most other people; most of these personality disorders inhibit that insight. But if you can recognize that you have an issue, it would probably take tons of therapy to correct.

by Anonymousreply 432April 29, 2019 1:42 PM

Well, it has been found that Doria's grandparents were half siblings, so who knows? Was the Masters degree from the "undisclosed" university? Or from when we see her later on in life in gown and mortar? It's impossible to judge from her Wiki page, as it's obviously written/submitted by MM. It's so lavish and appraising. And virtuous. Bleugh.

by Anonymousreply 433April 29, 2019 1:48 PM

[quote] Well, it has been found that Doria's grandparents were half siblings

Details?

by Anonymousreply 434April 29, 2019 2:07 PM

Please post a link to a credible source that claims Doria's parents were half-siblings.

by Anonymousreply 435April 29, 2019 2:21 PM

Correction to R435: grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 436April 29, 2019 2:23 PM

If my memory serves me right, Doria received her Master in Social Work for USC.

by Anonymousreply 437April 29, 2019 2:32 PM

Nettie Mae Allen Arnold (1897-1980) and James T. Arnold (1909-1939) were half-siblings. Details are on Find A Grave site. Nettie and James had one daughter, Jeanette, who herself had one daughter, Doria. It gets a little messy using the site, as Nettie was married five times. But all the details are there. I have a free day tomorrow, so I'll have a good delve and post a link, or screenshot.

by Anonymousreply 438April 29, 2019 2:34 PM

Correction: Masters in Social Work from USC.

by Anonymousreply 439April 29, 2019 2:34 PM

Are you really going to spend your free day, r438, researching some people who were born 100 years ago and to whom you have no ties, and which means nothing, really, in the scheme of life? Do you live in Siberia? Go out and enjoy your day! Take a walk, do some shopping, volunteer. The Sussexes are fun to mock, but who cares what her grandparents were? They were dead before she was born.

by Anonymousreply 440April 29, 2019 2:42 PM

With MM's penchant for expanding on and embellishing the truth, ain't no way I'm buying Doria has a graduate degree from USC unless someone can produce a graduation program with her name and degree in it.

by Anonymousreply 441April 29, 2019 2:43 PM

I know what you mean, R440, but I have a free day from visitors while I'm propped up recovering from a surgery. First thing I'll be doing when I'm able to is getting out and testing the cement the surgeon has put in my spine! And burning off all the goodies I've been getting dropped off. lol.

by Anonymousreply 442April 29, 2019 2:48 PM

R428 I think that Charles and Camilla live together, but it is known that she kept up her own home, where she can escape and have the grandchildren to visit. Sensible woman. She also takes them on delightfully English ‘bucket and spade’ beach holidays, most likely to Cornwall.

by Anonymousreply 443April 29, 2019 2:51 PM

R440 Some people enjoy a jolly good sleuth.

by Anonymousreply 444April 29, 2019 2:54 PM

R440: My daughter has been doing some family research. She told me this weekend that three of these sites list me as "African-American." I am not. You can't rely on those sites, but if you want to spend your day on something that is of no consequence, that is your choice. Oh wait, it is of consequence. It's "proof" that Meghan is the child of a freak of nature. Maybe some of these other posters will let you borrow their earphones so you can also watch and listen to video frame after frame. Some many posters claim that Meghan is attention-seeking but the posters can't stop paying massive amounts of attention.

by Anonymousreply 445April 29, 2019 3:04 PM

Well I'd rather pass an afternoon sleuthing than taking Tramadol. So if sleuthing is my choice of pain relief....there you go.

by Anonymousreply 446April 29, 2019 3:08 PM

Here's the link that says they're related. Anyone can get an account and edit the information.

[quote] She is widely reported (there are some documents which claim this as well) to have had a relationship with James T Arnold resulting in the birth of her daughter Jeanette, but he was her younger half brother (sharing their mother) and neither of them were mentioned in his obituary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447April 29, 2019 3:09 PM

Ooer!!!

**there are some documents which claim this as well**

Well you wouldna go bragging about it via obituary! It was common in those days, after all.

by Anonymousreply 448April 29, 2019 3:14 PM

If Eugenia is pregnant, I would love to see her announce it now. Of course she wouldn’t go against her family’s wishes and rules, but it’s unfair she had to delay wedding. PC should be a man about it. as should PH. Looking like fools

by Anonymousreply 449April 29, 2019 3:24 PM

R441 USC Commencement Program from 2011.

Master of Social Work graduates. Doria's name is on page 168 of the physical program and page 170 of the electronic file. According to the program, her undergraduate degree is a B.A. from Antioch University.

R448 Nettie Mae Allen Pritchard doesn't match Doria's grandmother in any other way except sharing a first name. They may not have mentioned intimacy with a half sibling in an obituary, but it's likely they would mention the child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450April 29, 2019 3:26 PM

I've done lots and lots of genealogy research.

And I am fierce on the question of sources.

Findagrave can be one source of information, but it is not a primary source of anything. It is generally a helpful place for researchers to find the locations of the final resting place of relatives. If one is lucky, you might also find a photo of a tombstone.

It is also a great place to look up the burial places of famous people. One can search the names of everyone listed for a particular cemetery and find lots of famous people buried in the same cemetery. Hollywood cemeteries, for example, but other places as well.

For example, James Cagney is buried in Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Westchester County, NY. Also buried in the same cemetery are Dorothy Kilgallen, Billy Martin, Sal Mineo, George Nathan, Fred Allen, Babe Ruth, Dutch Schultz, Spyros Skouras, Murder victim Elizabeth Lisa Steinberg, and many other people of note. (See link below).

But, much as I dislike Sparkle, finding references on findagrave should not be taken as proof of any genealogy facts.

By the way, I don't think anyone can change write-ups on findagrave. Only members of the site can add records and I'm pretty sure only the owner of a specific record can change that record. Otherwise there would be chaotic changes to any Tom, Dick and Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451April 29, 2019 3:52 PM

[quote] By the way, I don't think anyone can change write-ups on findagrave. Only members of the site can add records and I'm pretty sure only the owner of a specific record can change that record. Otherwise there would be chaotic changes to any Tom, Dick and Harry.

Noted 451.

The New England Historic Genealogical Society has some more details about Nettie Mae. She seems to have married multiple times. The blog post is poorly written IMO but it suggest that Nettie Mae was not married to Jeanette's father. Nettie's maiden name was Arnold. Her father was Samuel Arnold and Nettie seems to have given that as Jeanette's surname. Jeanette's father was possibly James Forshey or Johnie M. McAfee.

It's a bit tangled, but there doesn't seem to be any incest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452April 29, 2019 3:58 PM

Nettie wasn't a biological Arnold. She was originally Allen but used her stepfather's surname.

[quote] Nettie lists her step-father Samuel Arnold as her father on her 1938 marriage, and she is listed as Samuel’s step-daughter “Nettie Arnold” in the 1943 obituary.

by Anonymousreply 453April 29, 2019 4:08 PM

Boom, 450. Damn, you're good! (Apologies-I can't get the reply buttons to work.)

by Anonymousreply 454April 29, 2019 4:18 PM

R406 I cried, too. I like Caroline, there is something down-to-earth and genuine about her given her situation. Aside from some youthful antics, she has worn her fame pretty lightly. When you think about it she was the it girl princess before Diana came along. She was probably grateful to have the attention and pressure shift from her. It’s interesting to think of her as now the matriarch of this big clan of children and grandchildren. She’s got some interesting daughters in law. Suppose I ought to drop in on the European royals thread.

by Anonymousreply 455April 29, 2019 4:29 PM

Not to take anything away from it, but the USC MSW program is mostly online “classes.”

by Anonymousreply 456April 29, 2019 4:30 PM

If an election were held, would the British abolish the monarchy?

by Anonymousreply 457April 29, 2019 5:03 PM

Do it R438, it's not that deep a dive, and you know what you're looking for. Besides, it's the kind of info that drives her crap PR crazy.

by Anonymousreply 458April 29, 2019 5:17 PM

R457 - No. Surprisingly enough, support for the monarchy as an institution, as opposed to any of its individual members, remains astonishingly high - close to 80%. The republican movement has its work cut out for it.

by Anonymousreply 459April 29, 2019 5:35 PM

Kate has just become a dame cross of the victorian order! Apparently it's a higher rank that harry. Hope megsy and her stans are freaking out.

by Anonymousreply 460April 29, 2019 5:45 PM

I want more drama! Come on Meghan, do something!

by Anonymousreply 461April 29, 2019 5:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462April 29, 2019 6:05 PM

Kate got some trinket.

by Anonymousreply 463April 29, 2019 6:07 PM

"Kate, 37, has been bestowed the honour which is personally made by the Queen It's likely to be in recognition of the Duchess's work as member of the monarchy The announcement comes on her eighth wedding anniversary to Prince William Queen gifted Camilla the same wedding anniversary honour back in 2012"

by Anonymousreply 464April 29, 2019 6:07 PM

R462 - there will be no divorce for the Cambridges.

by Anonymousreply 465April 29, 2019 6:07 PM

Kate's award suggests the new baby should be here in a matter of hours.

by Anonymousreply 466April 29, 2019 6:09 PM

Sure, Kate got it after Camilla and Sophie, not to mention the old working horses Anne and Birgitte. But at least she got it a year earlier than Meghan, lol.

by Anonymousreply 467April 29, 2019 6:10 PM

R466 - Kate's award and the Cambridge Wedding 8th Wedding Anniversary = I MUST do something to garner attention!

by Anonymousreply 468April 29, 2019 6:11 PM

R370, I am a little late to this party. Could you please give me one or two recent examples of MM disobeying security personnel?

by Anonymousreply 469April 29, 2019 6:14 PM

Did Diana get similar award? And did it take Kate longer than Sophie?

by Anonymousreply 470April 29, 2019 6:16 PM

Get ready for it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471April 29, 2019 6:17 PM

Great. So Kate gets to wear some fancy decorative medal on her sash. That's the first thing - you have to be granted the privilege of wearing a sash first. Then, you get to start slowing decorating said sash. I told you - the folks are very, very serious about all this goofy shit!

by Anonymousreply 472April 29, 2019 6:18 PM

Boy, sometimes it seems strange to think that, to younger generations, Prince Charles was once married to this glamorous chick Diana who died. Just like Paul McCartney used to be in this band a hundred years ago called Wings.

by Anonymousreply 473April 29, 2019 6:21 PM

Who's Paul McCartney?

by Anonymousreply 474April 29, 2019 6:22 PM

R474 Ba-DUM-bump, tsshhhh! I teed that one up, knew someone would come through.

by Anonymousreply 475April 29, 2019 6:25 PM

If Meghan gives birth today (and there's still time - it's currently 7:30pm in the UK), the baby will be born on Uncle William's wedding anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 476April 29, 2019 6:29 PM

I'm reading Diana did not get the trinket. Guess the troublesome ones don't.

by Anonymousreply 477April 29, 2019 6:29 PM

"You're lucky that I don't have your ass sitting on a foldable lawn chair! Everybody knows that my throne must sit at least 1/2 inch higher than yours. Dems da rules, baby!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478April 29, 2019 6:29 PM

There was a wonderful documentary on QE2 that aired on tv in the early 1990s.

I will try to find more details.

Two things that stayed with me: 1. QE2 sitting for hours at a time all dressed up, with crown on, for the royal portrait painter! I kid you not! 2. QE2 talking to a resident of a nursing home (?) or something, and inquiring, "Have you your own room?" When the person answered in the affirmative, QE2 replied, "That must be quite nice."

by Anonymousreply 479April 29, 2019 6:35 PM

Elizabeth Diana Moon Unit of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 480April 29, 2019 6:36 PM

R446. You can take some snark without resorting to name-calling etc. Good for you. I respect that. Hope you feel better soon.

by Anonymousreply 481April 29, 2019 6:38 PM

Alice Elizabeth Oprah of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 482April 29, 2019 6:39 PM

Victoria Elizabeth Harper of Susex.

by Anonymousreply 483April 29, 2019 6:40 PM

R479, I believe the title you're looking for is "Elizabeth R"

by Anonymousreply 484April 29, 2019 6:41 PM

Ah so Kate > Diana at least in the awards department. So what if Wills divorced her?

by Anonymousreply 485April 29, 2019 6:41 PM

R485 - I doubt the Queen would give Kate any award if she thought the couple would divorce.

by Anonymousreply 486April 29, 2019 6:45 PM

R485, I really can't see that happening!

by Anonymousreply 487April 29, 2019 6:45 PM

Can anyone esplisn to me why Princess Anne did not want her children to have courtesy titles? She seems to take her status in the BRF so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 488April 29, 2019 6:46 PM

Sorry. *explain.

by Anonymousreply 489April 29, 2019 6:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490April 29, 2019 6:50 PM

Love seeing the guys in kilts. Have we seen Will and Harry in kilts?

by Anonymousreply 491April 29, 2019 6:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492April 29, 2019 6:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493April 29, 2019 6:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494April 29, 2019 6:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495April 29, 2019 6:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496April 29, 2019 7:01 PM

The awarding of the Dame Cross of the Victorian Order means that Kate will now wear the blue sash along with the family orders that she was awarded last December. It is a high honour and is particularly well timed on the Cambridge's wedding anniversary. This will seriously put the the Meghan fraus' noses out of joint on CB who like to think the Queen doesn't value Kate, and it's also another signpost to the Sussexes of who matters and why.

by Anonymousreply 497April 29, 2019 7:05 PM

"I sure do wish that Charles would quit his bitching! This is absolute proof-positive that I played with him a few times during his childhood. Good God, I made the kid a multi-millionaire at the age of four! What else could he want?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498April 29, 2019 7:10 PM

So maybe Harry will go solo? Will they really drag an infant to Africa?

by Anonymousreply 499April 29, 2019 7:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500April 29, 2019 7:17 PM

^ Did Sophie get dressed in the dark?

by Anonymousreply 501April 29, 2019 7:19 PM

The Queen runs the show, MM you have been served gurl!!

by Anonymousreply 502April 29, 2019 7:24 PM

Anyone know how long it usually takes to earn the first award? Is MM behind or just not family long enough?

by Anonymousreply 503April 29, 2019 7:31 PM

Not BRF expert but she hasn't even been married a year! Could be the Queen is ramping up the Kate honors to show her appreciation.

by Anonymousreply 504April 29, 2019 7:36 PM

Speaking of “after all I’ve done for this fucking family,” I still can’t believe Diana got caught on tape saying that. I mean, it was a very human thing to say and all, but - MARY!

by Anonymousreply 505April 29, 2019 7:40 PM

Would they really drag an infant to Africa? It wouldn’t have its requisite vaccinations at five months!

I bet Meghan never cradles her belly when there isn’t a camera around.

by Anonymousreply 506April 29, 2019 7:42 PM

Have Hapless Harry and MEGalomaniac congratulated William and Kate?

by Anonymousreply 507April 29, 2019 7:51 PM

R491 - William and Harry rarely wear kilts now but they did when they were young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508April 29, 2019 8:00 PM

Charles and Camilla in kilts at the Braemar Games.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509April 29, 2019 8:00 PM

Anne and her two children in kilts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510April 29, 2019 8:01 PM

One of my favorite photos of Charles. Here he's playing with his cousin, Lady Sarah Armstrong Jones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511April 29, 2019 8:04 PM

Donning a kilt would be a very King Alpha Dick move for Will right now.

by Anonymousreply 512April 29, 2019 8:09 PM

Still no congratulations from the Sussex Royal insta, either on the anniversary or the honor. Neither as a comment nor as a post of its own. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 513April 29, 2019 8:10 PM

R513 In fairness, if there were, we’d be all over it sniping, “couldn't wait to horn in on the spotlight!”

by Anonymousreply 514April 29, 2019 8:12 PM

You are not supposed to get those Orders and Awards until you have proved yourself over several years (and the awards are for service to the MONARCHY, not for service to Special Woke Causes and Successful Branding), so MM ain't gettin' these any time soon.

Kate only got to wear the Family Orders in December 2017, and it was more than a year later that she got the Dame Grand Cross that entitles her to pin the Orders to the blue sash.

You don't except on rare occasions get these without some years of work behind you. Diana and Camilla were exceptions: as wives of the Heir (the same Heir, in this case) they were given the Family Orders early.

by Anonymousreply 515April 29, 2019 8:14 PM

Sophie's marriage June 19, 1999; GCVO awarded January 2010--so received her Royal Victoria Order after 9 1/2 years married.

Camilla's marriage April 9, 2005, GCVO awarded in April 2012--so received her Royal Victoria Order coinciding with 7 year wedding anniversary.

Catherine's marriage April 29, 2011, GCVO awarded in conjunction with 8 year wedding anniversary.

So roughly Catherine's is being awarded between how long it took Sophie and Camilla to receive theirs.

by Anonymousreply 516April 29, 2019 8:15 PM

Scratch that, make that Sophie received her GCVO after 10 1/2 years of marriage.

by Anonymousreply 517April 29, 2019 8:18 PM

Lady Sarah Chatto (nee Armstrong-Jones) isn't classically pretty, but I do think she had a lovely, Leslie Caron sort of charm about her (Caron wasn't classically pretty, either, although Woody Allen once said if he could come back looking like someone, it would be Caron as Gigi - don't ask me why, when he could come back as Gary Cooper or Robert Taylor or Gregory Peck).

by Anonymousreply 518April 29, 2019 8:20 PM

I love the pointed deliciousness of the timing with Catherine being awarded the GCVO, It undermines a wee bit all the fanfare ME insists upon herself and this stupid elephantine birth circus.

by Anonymousreply 519April 29, 2019 8:21 PM

"....stupid elephantine birth circus." - MITCHELL

by Anonymousreply 520April 29, 2019 8:24 PM

Weird no RoyalSussex congrats on Insta. Could be purposeful if they think or know Will is cheating. So sort of off brand to support Will right now.

by Anonymousreply 521April 29, 2019 8:26 PM

Does anyone find it odd that things are so quiet regarding the arrival of the baby? Things should be at a fever pitch at this point, yet it's merely crickets for the moment. Not just for the baby but for the intense PR push we've been subject to for the last year. Perhaps the threat of banishment has worked? Maybe they've run out of PR funds? Even her family is relatively quiet. It's odd, just like everything else about this spectacle of a marriage.

by Anonymousreply 522April 29, 2019 8:27 PM

I don't see how Kate has put a step wrong in this whole Sparkle debacle.

She gave up her own Christmas (with her own family) to make nice with Sparkle for the good of the RF. And it was Sparkle who began their association with a nasty "She didn't offer me a ride" item.

After all the nasty items that have surfaced more recently, Kate was once again seen being friendly to Harry both at Easter and at the recent engagement.

Her behavior has been the best.

And such a contrast to the camera loving, bump stroking, high slit dress and Basic Instinct wannabe actions of Harry's wife.

by Anonymousreply 523April 29, 2019 8:28 PM

R522 - I doubt the fuss was ever as big as the media like to make it out to be - she wanted to disappear and have the kid in private, and she has. People have more things to worry about than Sparke's sprog. Council elections are this Thursday and the Tories look to be wiped out, and possibly lose 800-1,000 seats. It may come as a shock to HELLO and Celebitchy and Skippy and Torontopaper and even the DM - but there really are more important Events coming up than Meghan Markle having a baby.

by Anonymousreply 524April 29, 2019 8:43 PM

Apologies, as I did not make myself clear in the earlier comment. I believe that Meghan and her PR have been pushing her name non-stop for the past year and things are suddenly incredibly quiet. For quite a while, multiple articles have been published about her on a daily basis. Almost all of them have been trite tidbits, but they kept her name in the press. Some have argued that the press was creating these posts because they garnered so many clicks. Others argued that her personal PR were flooding these articles to raise her profile.

Now, almost radio silence on what should be a big attention-getting event for her (given her known attention-whoring ways). I'm just wondering what has caused the silence. Has she finally been brought into check? Maybe the BRF has something quite juicy they're holding over her head? I hope she has really been sidelined for good.

by Anonymousreply 525April 29, 2019 8:54 PM

Fast forward to 06:25 for the Royal procession to the State Dinner table. The Queen Mum is buzzin' no doubt, and a bit annoyed to be walking behind a black woman. Diana chats dutifully with Gary Coleman. Princess Margaret is Princess Margaret. And Princess Michael of Kunt is caught doing the Meghan Markle thing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526April 29, 2019 9:00 PM

Prime example, today is the Cambridge's anniversary and Kate was awarded an honor. In past days, MM would have found some way to get her name in the press to deflect from these events. Today, nothing. Unless she is actively in labor today, it is odd that she hasn't put anything out there per her usual behavior.

by Anonymousreply 527April 29, 2019 9:02 PM

I want celebitchy, lainey and the American twitter stans and the clooneys, oprah, beehive and chrissy teigen to lose their shit that Kate got this order (and the Cambridges have more insta followers)

by Anonymousreply 528April 29, 2019 9:08 PM

Meghan hasn't had an official event since mid-March but still manages at least 1 DM article per day that generates over a thousand comments. Bitch has her own tab in their Femail section in addition to being top of their Royal section. She still gets a few Mirror, Sun, etc article too. She is expected to have a major event in the next week or two that will generate headlines. How much more exposure could she possibly need? I can't imagine a good PR company not considering the risk of over-saturation.

These threads slag her for being an attention seeker, but posters also get antsy if she isn't in the news.

by Anonymousreply 529April 29, 2019 9:08 PM

So, as everyone can see, Meghan hasn't been sectioned or arrested despite the lunatics on Skippy's blogs asserting she would be, nor has some sort of Truth Bomb gone off under her as Torontopaper is asserting.

Meghan is her own worst enemy and it's enjoyable watching the spectacle, but really the loonies on the Tumblr blogs take the biscuit.

And no matter how often they turn out to be wrong, their faitful followers are never discouraged.

R528 - They'll likely ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 530April 29, 2019 9:09 PM

She has to be in labor today or possibly has given birth. I don't think it will be announced till photo's make a magazine cover. Not sure what magazine that will be.

by Anonymousreply 531April 29, 2019 9:09 PM

No one really cares, r528. She gets to wear a sash. Whoop-de-doo.

by Anonymousreply 532April 29, 2019 9:10 PM

Oh please. Markle's crap PR continues their little efforts in the US, all that really matters to her.

Happy Anniversary Kate -- hope you have many more happy years with Will, and congrats on the award. I will be checking for the Friday pics.

STANS ARE PRESSED teehee

by Anonymousreply 533April 29, 2019 9:11 PM

R526 Princess Michael made me cackle out loud. I ADORE her!

by Anonymousreply 534April 29, 2019 9:12 PM

Who is skippy and why does he claim MM will be arrested?

I think it’s so funny that people are commenting on why MM hasn’t been in the news, but then complaining she’s an attention seeker. Well yeah, you’re giving her that attention. It’s obvious that newspapers print stories about her because they get the clicks. If y’all just stop commenting, I’m pretty sure the stories will stop.

by Anonymousreply 535April 29, 2019 9:14 PM

R526, I thought you were exaggerating. You called every lady bit of it. Gary Coleman?!

by Anonymousreply 536April 29, 2019 9:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537April 29, 2019 9:17 PM

R528 FYI royalty isn't a popularity contest or Charles would be screwed.

And if you're counting insta followers (can't see why but let's indulge that), Kensington royal has followers who joined for the Sussexes who haven't left. It also had 1700 posts and 8m followers. Sussexroyal has 17 posts and 5.4m followers. The Sussex insta gathered its followers in a shorter period and with fewer posts. That's not a contest the Cambridges are winning. Nor is it one they should want to win.

by Anonymousreply 538April 29, 2019 9:17 PM

R526 That's fantastic ! I love your intro to that video, especially when I spotted Gary Coleman and Di! So spot on about Princess Michael doing a Markle. As one poor innocent YouTube commenter says: "The younger woman in the blue, puffy sleeve gown seems a bit smug! Dear me!" If they only but knew.......

by Anonymousreply 539April 29, 2019 9:18 PM

R534, me too. She knows how to cunt.

by Anonymousreply 540April 29, 2019 9:20 PM

Thank you R481.

by Anonymousreply 541April 29, 2019 9:20 PM

R532 You missed the point entirely. It’s what the sash and the order represent - being thanked by and held in the personal esteem of the Monarch - that’s important.

Your “whoop-de-doo” just emphasises that you know nothing about the institution of the British Royal Family, on which you’re making comment. Although you’re hardly alone on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 542April 29, 2019 9:25 PM

R538 I should clarify I'm aware it's not a popularity but the sussexes and their stans don't seem to understand that and for them popularity and media/tabloid attention means megsy should be queen and given everything. So my comment was was meant to taken a bit sarcastically like see the Kensington royal Instagram has more followers because people on celebitchy et al would certainly say things if the Sussex Instagram had more followers.

by Anonymousreply 543April 29, 2019 9:30 PM

R542, as much as I think the current queen has done a good job, I think the whole idea of getting a sash for being held in her high esteem is stupid. Sorry, but it is. It means nothing, but we’re happy to grovel for her approval that doesn’t get us jack shit.

As you can see, I don’t think much of monarchies.

by Anonymousreply 544April 29, 2019 9:31 PM

R544 Run along then, you are on the wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 545April 29, 2019 9:34 PM

R532 - You'd be surprised to see how they care if Meghan had gotten it.

This is precisely the place and in the other media sites mentioned where people care about those things.

by Anonymousreply 546April 29, 2019 9:34 PM

Au contraire, my friend, I am precisely in the right thread, r545.

by Anonymousreply 547April 29, 2019 9:37 PM

R544 is Jerry Seinfeld

by Anonymousreply 548April 29, 2019 9:40 PM

R526. how did Gary Coleman get an invite? lol

by Anonymousreply 549April 29, 2019 9:43 PM

Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 550April 29, 2019 9:44 PM

R528, The inevitable Celebitchy story about Kate getting the Order will have tons of comments because they absolutely do care.

by Anonymousreply 551April 29, 2019 9:47 PM

I am happy for Kate. She works her ass off.

by Anonymousreply 552April 29, 2019 9:49 PM

I wonder whether Phil and Snowdon every got it on....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553April 29, 2019 9:52 PM

Who here remembers what a wild gal Princess Margaret was?

Remember she used to "hold court" on the island of Mustique?

by Anonymousreply 554April 29, 2019 9:54 PM

[quote] I think the whole idea of getting a sash for being held in her high esteem is stupid. Sorry, but it is. It means nothing, but we’re happy to grovel for her approval that doesn’t get us jack shit.

Meghan, Meghan, Meghan. Don't you remember that lovely, flattering letter the Queen wrote personally thanking you for your energy and dedication during the Morocco tour? You know, the non-existent one because you didn't know HM does not do such things when you leaked the story to the press.

by Anonymousreply 555April 29, 2019 9:55 PM

At 1:03 in the video at R526, is that Princess Michael who turns when a man bumps into her? She turns and tries to engage him but he ignores her and hurries along. I wonder if she's tipsy.

by Anonymousreply 556April 29, 2019 9:56 PM

R555, in case you haven’t noticed (and why would you), I’m an equal opportunity hater of the monarchy. But thanks for thinking I’m MM!

by Anonymousreply 557April 29, 2019 9:58 PM

R556, I don’t think that’s her.

by Anonymousreply 558April 29, 2019 10:00 PM

R555, Do you mind sharing why you spend time on these threads if you hate the monarchy?

by Anonymousreply 559April 29, 2019 10:02 PM

R556, you're right. The woman is shorter and brunette.

by Anonymousreply 560April 29, 2019 10:02 PM

^All the blue ruffles threw me off.

by Anonymousreply 561April 29, 2019 10:05 PM

R547. Oh look a couple of French words, how continental! You must be bilingual like the wonderful MM who said "Merci" and "C'est delicieux" in Morocco

by Anonymousreply 562April 29, 2019 10:14 PM

I'm glad the Queen gave Kate the Order instead of it coming from Charles in the future.

by Anonymousreply 563April 29, 2019 10:17 PM

R563 - Nice point. With any luck, Charles will die before the Queen, the Queen will then die before Meghan has a chance to "prove her worth", and William will fry in Hell before he gives it to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 564April 29, 2019 10:22 PM

Everything always goes back to MM, doesn’t it, r562. It’s almost like.... you’re obsessed with her. But that can’t be... can it? I mean, you hate her, don’t you? Why are you always thinking about her, posting about her? Whatever, this is the BRF thread, but some of us want to talk smack about the rest of the royals.

by Anonymousreply 565April 29, 2019 10:24 PM

On another subject, has anyone else noticed that Diana aged a great deal from 1981 to 1997?

I mean, she still looked great at age 36, but she had lost all of her youthful dewiness, or...her dewy youthfulness?

Too much time in the sun maybe? Or just the toll Prince C's bullshit took on her?

by Anonymousreply 566April 29, 2019 10:38 PM

R565 time to put down the gin and stop talking to yourself in the mirror or should I say "miroir"

by Anonymousreply 567April 29, 2019 10:38 PM

Ummm you did read my post and answer me, r567. So much for talking to myself.

by Anonymousreply 568April 29, 2019 10:41 PM

Haha LEAVE SPARKLES ALONE YOU HUGE MEANIE. Queen Megan forever!!!?

by Anonymousreply 569April 29, 2019 10:43 PM

How many of you predicted that it would be the end of April and we'd still have no baby? That's right, NONE of you.

by Anonymousreply 570April 29, 2019 10:43 PM

I predicted May 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 571April 29, 2019 10:47 PM

R566 yes, and the bulimia, too. She did like the sun. Not drinking, she didn't seem to be a drinker, and of course didn't smoke. I didn't like the super-blonde hair she had at the end. To be honest, I didn't like the whole supermodel persona she took on after the divorce. Those Patrick Demarchelier photos were artful, but I couldn't help feeling cynical about them – it was like, yes, we get it, you're YOUNG and SEXY and FREE now! I preferred her dignified and just a little dowdy in that aristocratic way. It was all a bit sad, that period before the accident. I suppose she was trying to have the youth she missed, but still. The constant jetting around. It's too bad she didn't like the countryside, nature might have been therapeutic for her. Ah well.

by Anonymousreply 572April 29, 2019 10:49 PM

R553, I don't know if Dickie Mountbatten and Phillip got it on, but Dickie and David probably did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573April 29, 2019 10:51 PM

Arthur, James or Alexander?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574April 29, 2019 10:53 PM

R566, those English roses rarely keep their bloom long past the age of 25 or so. Here is Diana in 1987 (age 26), still dewy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575April 29, 2019 10:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576April 29, 2019 10:54 PM

It won't be James. Edward's son is named James. I'm betting on Alexander, as an FU to Kate, who couldn't use the name for her sons.

by Anonymousreply 577April 29, 2019 10:55 PM

I don't like "dewy." Let's call her "moist."

by Anonymousreply 578April 29, 2019 10:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579April 29, 2019 10:57 PM

So is the next white tie affair a State Banquet in June for the Cheetoh? This will presumably be after Trooping the Colour on the 8th. I hate Trump with the heat of a thousand suns and would ideally prefer a snub, but as such politics makes strange bedfellows and I do love a white tie occasion. I wanna see Tiaras, ballgowns, blinding bling; plus Catherine will have her chance to wear the sash for the first time. Despite the ninny upthread; yes, it very much is a significant article of clothing--that is if you follow the British Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 580April 29, 2019 10:58 PM

R572 here, I think I meant Mario Testino rather than Patrick Demarchelier (but I didn't care for his Diana portraits, either).

Do we like Testino's work? With all due respect, I personally find the odd "in your face" perspective of some of his portraits a little off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 581April 29, 2019 11:00 PM

R577, why couldn't Kate use the name Alexander?

by Anonymousreply 582April 29, 2019 11:00 PM

As we talked about once in a Dangling Tendrils thread, the Royals put a lot of store by titles and jewelry. Who gets them and who doesn't says a lot about who is in favor. Giving the order to Kate was a public display of support by the Queen, especially right now, after all of the nasty rumors about her marriage to William.

by Anonymousreply 583April 29, 2019 11:01 PM

They say the Queen nixed Alexander for W&K, which probably means when they told her in conversation that they were considering it, she wrinkled her nose ever so slightly and said something mildly dismissive. And that was that!

by Anonymousreply 584April 29, 2019 11:02 PM

It probably wasn't considered traditional enough: There's never been a British king named Alexander. Going with George, name of the Queen's beloved father and grandfather (she was George V's favorite grandchild), was a smart move in terms of currying favor. He ended up with Alexander as a middle name.

by Anonymousreply 585April 29, 2019 11:03 PM

Can we have a Thread 44, please? We're rapidly approaching 600.

by Anonymousreply 586April 29, 2019 11:04 PM

George is a good name. And that kid is such a George - he carries it well.

by Anonymousreply 587April 29, 2019 11:05 PM

Way to go with keeping the thread alive when I alerted that it had been grayed out. Shame on anyone who attempts to derail the right of free speech! You dudes rose to the occasion, and this thread was not closed as was its predecessor.

***GLOAT***

by Anonymousreply 588April 29, 2019 11:08 PM

Those of us who were around when Lady Diana, demure Sloan Ranger, became Princess of Wales - could you EVER have imagined one day she'd be photographed like this (by Testino)? I mean, she looks beautiful but if she had done this today, I have a feeling we'd be calling her "thirsty."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589April 29, 2019 11:13 PM

R585 Hardly. Queen Victoria’s given name was Alexandrina & of course there was Queen Alexandra. I don’t think the male version would have been considered out there.

Even if George had been given an untraditional name, it wouldn’t matter because he could have picked a different one when he becomes King...as Charles might.

But I think the story is bullshit, anyway. Just yet another rumour that’s been accepted as fact for no good reason like most of the claptrap on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 590April 29, 2019 11:14 PM

Alexander is also a name more readily associated with the Russian monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 591April 29, 2019 11:14 PM

After years of building their public persona based on their given name, no modern English King or Queen would choose a different regnal name. This isn't the 1930s.

by Anonymousreply 592April 29, 2019 11:15 PM

R591 So?

R589 Diana was thirsty and lots of people were saying it at the time...just not using that particular word.

Diana didn’t actually become beloved until she died. People forget that.

by Anonymousreply 593April 29, 2019 11:16 PM

Parr 44. Please use the last few posts in this one before continuing in the new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594April 29, 2019 11:17 PM

R566 I think the sun was not kind to her, she was starting to get that weathered look that middle/upper class British women get when they either spend too much time outside with their horses and dogs, or in less traditional cases yachting and sunbathing in exotic climes, she should have shielded herself from the sun and hung up the bikini. If she hadn't been tragically killed, the trajectory she was on would have seen her on reality tv and no more respected that Fergie, it was starting to go that way when her life was cut short. (wear your fucking seat belts, you cretins).

by Anonymousreply 595April 29, 2019 11:18 PM

Re R526's video

There is a story I read a long time back about the King preparing to meet another visiting King at Buckingham Palace.

One of the courtiers made some negative comment because the visiting King was a person of color.

The British King stopped the courtier immediately and pointed out, that wherever he came from, he was a King and would be treated as such. Because when someone starts questioning the kingship of one person, it calls into question the whole idea of kingship.

by Anonymousreply 596April 29, 2019 11:18 PM

Yes, I remember the summer before Diana died, the tabloid press was having a field day with her. Documentaries focus on her land mine initiative that last year, but her exploits with Dodie were the real story.

by Anonymousreply 597April 29, 2019 11:19 PM

R592 You have no idea what you’re talking about. Charles is considering using George. And it’s only HM that has used her given name.

You are not an expert so stop trying to sound like you are.

by Anonymousreply 598April 29, 2019 11:19 PM

R589 So true! I'm ancient enough to remember those days. God I loved her but she really was deranged media whore.

by Anonymousreply 599April 29, 2019 11:19 PM

You just wait. He'll be King Charles III. After more than 70 years as Prince Charles, styling himself George VII would be confusing and weird.

You're not an expert either, so calm down, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 600April 29, 2019 11:20 PM

Here's a thought regarding the baby name. Doesn't Meghan claim Maltese heritage? I looked up Maltese baby names and there are some out-there but sort of pretty ones, especially for a girl: Qima (adoration), Perla (pearl), Qualba (heart), others. I mean, if she wanted to be really different....

by Anonymousreply 601April 29, 2019 11:21 PM

KING HENRY IX

by Anonymousreply 602April 29, 2019 11:21 PM

R599. And we never saw it coming at the very beginning, right? Shy Di! I'd like to go back to 1981 and blow people's minds with my predictions for 1997 (and beyond).

by Anonymousreply 603April 29, 2019 11:25 PM

Ah, Windsor family fun--enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 604April 29, 2019 11:26 PM

Coming soon, Dim x Markle!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 605April 30, 2019 12:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!