Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

North Dakota Murder Mystery, Part II

More details about the murderer's timeline have been released:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 7, 2019 10:38 PM

Link to previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2019 11:48 AM

Police say Monday morning Chad Isaak is accused of entering RJR around 6:47 in the morning and then leaving shortly after 7.

The court affidavit says security footage shows Isaak leaving in a RJR vehicle and parking it at Indigo Signs.

Surveillance video shows Isaak walking from Indigo Signs westbound toward the bowling alley and then toward Bill Barth Ford.

The affidavit says the accused is then seen turning and walking southbound on Red Wing Drive, on the West side of Bill Barth Ford.

Isaak drops out of surveillance video, until he shows up, getting into a white pickup truck at McDonalds and then pulling into Ron Lowman Car Dealership and staying there for a few minutes.

The truck is seen leaving the lot Westbound on Memorial Highway through Main street and then seen again at Flying J truck stop before merging into Highway 25 North.

The truck was then spotted in Center around 8:30 Monday morning.

At this time, law enforcement was on scene at RJR. The first call came a little before 7:30 for a medical call.

As for Isaak's truck, it was seen again through video in Washburn along Highway 200 at 9 a.m.

On Thursday, law enforcement in McLean County recognized the truck after getting photos, Isaak was detained and arrested later that day.

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2019 11:57 AM

Amazing (and concerning) that virtually all of this guy’s movements were recorded somewhere on camera.

Goes to show you can’t even leave your house nowadays and not be on a camera somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2019 12:30 PM

And this was just from video on roads and in parking lots that showed the truck more than Isaak himself. Imagine how much faster they would have caught the guy had there been cameras inside the building. They would have needed five whole minutes before solving the case: "Yeah, that's Chris, he's the weird chiropractor on Main Street."

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2019 12:39 PM

Did I get this wrong? I read somewhere that there is video of the interior of the building.

R3, I have come to assume (I live in Manhattan) that any time I am not in my apartment, I am on surveillance. Pretty much everywhere I go, I can look up and see a camera. Now, who knows if they’re operational or watched in real time or recording, but they’re there.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2019 2:17 PM

True, r5, and also have those huge “cop-in-a-box” in the outer boros too.

Orwellian indeed.

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2019 2:28 PM

erterte

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2019 5:22 PM

R7, are you having a stroke? Do you smell burnt toast?

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2019 5:52 PM

R7 Covfefe

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2019 7:51 PM

People were saying in previous threads that Jackie was being excluded from donations for the others, but she was part of the memorial service yesterday, which was for all four victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2019 4:31 AM

Jackie was totally in on this. Waiting for that shoe to drop. There is already a Part Two, though the title isn't great. Usually the duplicate thread with the most posts "wins" but, I do think especially for future searches, this is the better thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2019 4:38 AM

There already has been a completed part 2 and an existing part 3 is underway see r11

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2019 4:44 AM

Sorry, by "this" I mean the one we are on now, not the other one.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2019 4:44 AM

I thought they had video inside the building too.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2019 4:46 AM

r12 Given how searches are getting harder and harder on the DL, I for one do feel like we should break the "most posts wins" rule before it gets any longer. People can drag their posts from there over here. Just a suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2019 4:46 AM

r12 Given how searches are getting harder and harder on the DL, I for one do feel like we should break the "most posts wins" rule before it gets any longer. People can drag their posts from there over here. Just a suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2019 4:48 AM

They're trolls, R12. They're spending all their time posting personal information about one of the co-workers, trying to lure him here with fake promises of GoFundMe donations. and pushing conspiracy theories about Jackie, because they think it's upsetting the "fraus."

After two threads of a bunch of inappropriate posts, can we have a thread that is actually about the news itself?

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2019 4:55 AM

I think having two threads labeled part 2 (one of which is really part 3) and eventually two threads labeled part 3 (the abandoned one and the follow-up to this one) is a bad idea.

This thread was started as an intentional divide because some people want to censor how this story is discussed. If you want to endorse those tactics, go ahead.

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2019 4:59 AM

[quote]I thought they had video inside the building too.

I'm sure we were told that early on, but per the timeline released a day or two ago, there was no mention of any video inside the building.

And we also learned that Isaak's truck was spotted by police in a neighboring county, it wasn't even the local PD who found him.

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2019 4:59 AM

He should have dumped the clothes and weapons when he was driving around after the murder.

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2019 5:01 AM

[quote]This thread was started as an intentional divide

It wasn't intentional and no one here can censor you, you fucking drama queen.

I started it because I didn't see another one -- I discovered later it was because the 3rd part was started by a troll I had on ignore. When I went to the other thread it was more of the same old "Has Ben seen meeee???? Has anyone contacted him? Does he know I want to give him moneeeyy?!?!?! OOOH you fraus are CENSORING US!!!!"

Come on. Stop acting like any of that is appropriate. You're trolling.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2019 5:02 AM

Fair point r18. I don't like the censoring shit at ALL. But seriously dual threads really never work.

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2019 5:02 AM

And whoever starts the next thread should call it Part IV. It's only "Part II" on this thread because of a typo. I forgot one "I."

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2019 5:03 AM

[quote]They're trolls, [R12]

Well, some trolls are in any thread. I’m the OP of the original 2nd and first 3rd parts and I included Ben in those threads because I thought doing so accurately reflected the tone and content of the first thread. I don’t endorse the trolls who want to offer Ben money (whether seriously or in jest or to annoy you—i’m not sure of their motives), but I don’t see any need to censor them either.

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2019 5:05 AM

r21 "Appropriate" Do you even know where you are?

If this is indeed a thread created because A: Freakout about Ben being "stalked" or whatever nonsense and B: the freakout over the truly ridiculous MISOGYNIST claims that the wife could have been involved, fuck it, I take it back and fine, we go with the poorly named but more free thought thread.

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2019 5:06 AM

They're not being censored.

You can see their posts right there. They haven't been deleted or grayed out. No one is stopping them from making more posts, least of all me.

Why are you repeatedly saying they're being censored?

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2019 5:07 AM

Well, OP, I guess that makes me the troll you have on ignore, so I guess you won’t see this. Perhaps you started this in a good faith error, but clearly there are posters here who want to divide the discussion. I’ve never seen that tolerated on DL before.

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2019 5:09 AM

Censored in the sense that a separate thread has been created in an (assuredly futile) effort exclude them from the discussion. If you prefer you can call it thread splintering.

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2019 5:12 AM

OK, CAN WE ALL PICK IT AND STICK WITH IT PLEASE?

Right now, because of the better title it looks like this it. Let's choose and let the other one die

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2019 5:13 AM

Better title? It’s Numbered wrong

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2019 5:13 AM

[quote]Censored in the sense that a separate thread has been created in an (assuredly futile) effort exclude them from the discussion.

Ridiculous. You're making up a conspiracy where none exists. You're not being censored and I can't "exclude" anyone from this thread.

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2019 5:17 AM

It is still better. Later we will be looking up North Dakota, not the number. Certainly not the word Plains

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2019 5:23 AM

The person talking about "misogyny" in all caps isn't OP per the ignored tab.

I don't think it's sexist to suggest a woman suspect but I haven't seen a thing to suggest Jackie was involved.

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2019 6:14 AM

Was Jackie having an affair with chiro? We need a motive.

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2019 6:47 AM

True, we do need a motive, but speaking as a "Snapped" addict, things runs the range motive-wise, but usually there is a LOVAH involved.

by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2019 6:57 AM

Yeah, until we get a motive we won't have any idea if someone else could be involved.

If we hear that it wasn't drugs or rent related I'd be more inclined to believe it was a romance gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2019 9:05 AM

I didn't know prisons still used old-timey stripey outfits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2019 9:11 AM

Still no updates, or did everyone get bored?

by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2019 12:13 AM

Genuinely no news, R38.

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2019 2:04 PM

Thanks r39. Once again, weird. This story is being "disappeared" and I don't think it's just because it has already been "solved". I feel it in my eldergay bones that more is going to come, and it will be a doozy.

How's Ben these days?

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2019 2:15 PM

I thought we were going to find out something huge about the crime when there was an arrest too, but then news articles made it sound like the police only had a description of a truck and no other leads, so now I lean toward the idea that they just took longer to make an arrest than a larger police force would have. And we'll probably find out the motive is banal, like the maintenance crew stumbled on this guy's meth lab or something.

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2019 2:17 PM

R41 You are likely right. I am not allergic to anything except Prednisone and banality. So I'm going to be fucking pissed (and in pain) if this case doesn't have a twist of an ending.

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2019 2:21 PM

Thanks, R598 from the other thread, for your kind words about my mom! (Such a surprise on DL.) She'll turn 80 in May and I'm so glad I'll be in Bismarck for her birthday.

It appears that Bismarck is trying to get back to normal as there was a blizzard there yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2019 3:37 AM

Next court date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2019 4:52 AM

Thanks r44, I just saw that myself. Wonder how long before we get a hint of a motive?

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2019 6:20 AM

Well at the prelim hearing we should hear more information.

Was this guy indicted? If not, the prelim is where the prosecution lays out its [italic]prima facie[/italic] case.

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2019 10:43 AM

Hate to have that guy’s face be the last thing I see.

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2019 4:05 PM

Seriously, R47. That's partly why I reject the idea that this was a love triangle gone wrong. Look at him! Blech.

by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2019 4:54 PM

Latest local news on the murders. Co-owner saying she has no idea what the motive could be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 18, 2019 4:25 AM

Wow, the police say they don't have a motive yet.

by Anonymousreply 50April 18, 2019 4:33 AM

That’s pretty surprising actually. Guess this guy lawyered up and didn’t speak to them at all.

by Anonymousreply 51April 18, 2019 10:21 AM

You'd think they would have found something along the lines of evidence of criminal activity that the maintenance company stumbled on, or some tensions about rent or repairs, or an affair, or SOMETHING.

Could this have all just been some crazy person snapping? Surely not, not with all the planning he did.

by Anonymousreply 52April 18, 2019 12:10 PM

Something’s gotta give soon.

by Anonymousreply 53April 20, 2019 5:15 PM

Update with quotes from you know who.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2019 12:04 AM

Sounds like Isaak knew about that "coffee club" and targeted it specifically.

He must have wanted someone in the group dead, otherwise he'd have bombed the building or something along those lines, and during normal business hours.

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2019 5:26 AM

Most people don’t have Ted Kaczynski-like access to bomb supplies, nor knowledge of how to make them. Aside from that, you risk blowing yourself up in any part of the process.

It’s much more efficacious to walk in with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2019 11:48 AM

I only meant that if he had a beef against the business but not an individual, he would have done something destructive to the place during business hours when more employees were there, not that he would have bombed instead of shot up the place.

The fact that he went in early with the coffee club indicates to me that he wanted to take specific people out that he knew would be there before work.

The shooting plus stabbing also makes this seem pretty personal.

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Agree, r57!

by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2019 12:40 PM

Agree, r57. It was personal.

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2019 6:50 PM

And slitting the woman’s throat, that was extra personal.

by Anonymousreply 60April 22, 2019 11:13 PM

Wonder if any of the victims were patients of his?

by Anonymousreply 61April 23, 2019 5:49 PM

Still NOTHING?

by Anonymousreply 62April 26, 2019 7:32 PM

Heading to Bismarck this weekend for two weeks. Hoping that friends or family may have some inside stories.

by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2019 6:07 AM

The police are keeping this as quiet as possible, which makes me worry that they still don't have a motive. Isaak's trial is set for the 14th so we should know something then.

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2019 1:11 PM

Are the police really keeping it quiet or is no one in the area’s media asking questions?

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2019 1:15 PM

Yeah, r64 means hearing, not trial. It's already been moved once so I half expect it to get postponed.

by Anonymousreply 66May 2, 2019 9:09 AM

Isaak's preliminary hearing was scheduled for today, but it's been moved to August 12th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 14, 2019 2:06 PM

A court hearing for the man accused in four homicides in Mandan has been postponed until this summer.

Chad Isaak, a 44-year-old Washburn chiropractor, is charged with four counts of murder and other crimes in connection with the April 1 shooting and stabbing deaths of RJR co-owner Robert Fakler and employees Adam Fuehrer and Bill and Lois Cobb at the company's office in Mandan.

He was set for a preliminary hearing Tuesday, where he would enter pleas to his charges. That hearing has been rescheduled to Aug. 12 before South Central District Presiding Judge Gail Hagerty at the Morton County Courthouse in Mandan.

Morton County prosecutor Gabrielle Goter said in a court document filed Wednesday the amount of evidence in the case is "extensive," requiring up to 90 days for review.

Court records show Isaak has retained four attorneys in the case.

Mandan police and court documents allege Isaak killed the four people at the business. Law enforcement relied on a video trail of the suspect vehicle in their investigation, which led them to arrest Isaak without incident in a traffic stop April 4 in Washburn.

Investigators reportedly found evidence in Isaak's home including clothing, parts of a handgun, a knife and used shell casings, among other items with an odor of bleach, court records say.

A motive for the killings is not known. Mandan Police Jason Ziegler has said the attack "was very specific to the victims that were involved." Isaak lived in a mobile home park managed by RJR.

Isaak appeared in court once, for his initial appearance where a judge set his bond at $1 million cash.

He is being held at the Burleigh Morton County Detention Center. He faces up to life in prison without parole if convicted of murder.

by Anonymousreply 68May 14, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote]Mandan Police Jason Ziegler has said the attack "was very specific to the victims that were involved."

So not just one victim but specific to them all? What in the heck.

by Anonymousreply 69May 14, 2019 2:08 PM

The media may not have been told the motive but I'm guessing the police have one by now.

by Anonymousreply 70May 15, 2019 9:35 AM

Ben Pace sighting! At least I think it was him. Driving an RJR car, red hair, and lots of ears. Was taking my mom out for a bowl of Knoephle and she actually spotted him.

by Anonymousreply 71May 15, 2019 7:01 PM

Tattoo shop fundraiser for the victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 16, 2019 2:17 PM

They held the first hearing on the 5th and the police STILL won't release the motive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 15, 2019 11:21 AM

Maybe they don’t know the motive. They probably have enough evidence without the motive to convict him.

by Anonymousreply 74August 15, 2019 11:31 AM

It was obviously this guy and he'll be convicted, but how could they not have a motive by now?

by Anonymousreply 75August 15, 2019 2:51 PM

Maybe they do and they’re not sharing it.

Or maybe they don’t. This guy may not have told them his motive.

by Anonymousreply 76August 15, 2019 3:04 PM

It's got to be that they're not sharing it. There's no way they can't have a motive, given all the evidence of the crime itself the guy kept at his home. There would be evidence pointing to the motive too.

by Anonymousreply 77August 15, 2019 5:11 PM

I’m in Bismarck again and three different relatives have told me that they’ve heard that Chad Isaak was having an affair with the woman that he murdered and mutilated. She ended it and he snapped and went to RJR to kill her and her husband. The others that he killed were collateral damage. I’m so curious to find out what really happened.

by Anonymousreply 78September 1, 2019 5:30 AM

That makes sense, she was the only one that had her throat slit - very personal. Thank you, R78, this has been dragging on forever.

by Anonymousreply 79September 1, 2019 7:18 AM

Isaak stabbed all of them after shooting them, so it was personal for all of the victims.

by Anonymousreply 80September 1, 2019 7:36 AM

Still just rumors, R79, but could possibly be based in truth. And you’re right, it’s been dragging on too long.

by Anonymousreply 81September 1, 2019 4:56 PM

I read that he only stabbed the Cobbs, R80.

by Anonymousreply 82September 1, 2019 5:01 PM

They were all shot and stabbed, not just the Cobbs.

The people with the theory that this was about the Cobbs because they were the only ones stabbed simply haven't kept up with the news. The fact that Lois Cobb died because of the stabbing while the others died from the gunshot wounds doesn't seem to be of much significance; they were all attacked multiple times with at least two different weapons.

[quote]The police affidavit portrays a grisly crime scene in which the Cobbs and Fuehrer were shot and stabbed several times. Fakler had multiple lacerations and stab wounds, and first responders tried in vain to resuscitate him. Fuehrer and the Cobbs were all dead when officers arrived. Lois Cobb's death was attributed to a cut of her neck, though she also had been shot, according to the affidavit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 2, 2019 5:08 PM

Was this link removed? Or did I just miss it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 7, 2019 10:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!