Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Aftermath: Slaughter on the Plains (Part 3)

In which we continue discussing the North Dakota mass murder.

And Ben.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2019 12:31 PM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2019 3:47 PM

Ben Pah-chay! Come stai amore!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2019 1:59 AM

Scarf guy is more handsome.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2019 2:45 AM

Ben, I hope you're reading here and know that there are many of us that support you. Remember that the offer of a trust fund to help you move to NYC still stands. Don't give up on your dreams! Find a way to let us know if you'd like some help.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2019 2:52 AM

Has it been confirmed that Ben knows about us rooting for him?

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2019 3:01 AM

Scarf guy is also handsome, R3, but we don't know who he is, if he's gay, or if he wants to leave ND.

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2019 3:03 AM

Can we please ban the cunt that keeps insisting we are evil misogynists for thinking for a second that the wife may be in on it? Please?

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2019 9:02 AM

I’d rather ban the disgusting creeps believing in their Glucophage-addled minds that he even cares they exist, much less that they want to give him money.

It’s seriously creepy.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2019 11:00 AM

[quote]Glucophage-addled minds

????

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2019 11:20 AM

Ben added his visage to the RJR Facebook cover. Those of you so fretful about his privacy really should tone it down now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2019 2:29 PM

Is it okay if one of us lets him know it's "into," not "in to," r10?

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2019 2:47 PM

If Ben does stumble across this, I hope he has the sense to not contact or accept money from the lascivious trolls posting here.

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2019 3:03 PM

Why not, R12? I don't think there's any "lascivious trolls" offering him help. No one here wishes him any harm, quite the opposite in fact. Some of us are simply interested in helping a young man out.

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2019 3:10 PM

At least we know r13 isn’t Jeffrey Dahmer.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2019 3:14 PM

Would anyone here be willing to put Ben up if he did decide to leave N. Dakota for NY? I'd consider it if I got to know him a bit first. And as far as you go, R12, I have no interest in him physically, but I do have sympathy for a young gay man stuck in a small town in the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2019 3:20 PM

Can someone post a recap, pls

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2019 3:20 PM

I confess that after Part 2's revelation that Chad Isaak was the murderer I no longer closely followed this. I'm aware there's been conjecture that the Widow Fakler may've put him up to this. I also know that people were shot and stabbed, and Lois Cobb's throat was apparently cut.

Was Lois Cobb the only victim who had been cut/stabbed? Were any of the four singled out for more brutality than the others? Could it be that one person was expected to be at the office, but three more people were instead?

I'd have thought that Adam Fuhrer was a night-shift maintenance employee, thus he'd not be on the RJR photo roster marquee as customers were not likely to meet him. So he'd be expected to be at work. Although I don't know Jackie Fakler, it doesn't make sense to me that she'd pay Chad Isaak to rub out everyone who was at the RJR office, including an eight-year employee who didn't work usual office hours.

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2019 3:25 PM

He’s not stuck in a small town in the Midwest. He’s in a large town on the plains.

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2019 3:26 PM

To me it appears more likely that some 40-something man would snap and shoot and stab people minding their own business, as that's happened more often in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2019 3:30 PM

But he didn’t “snap,” r19. He had this planned out.

And why go to that location. Most people that snap go to a mall or a movie theatre where you know there will be people, not an office before opening hours in, what, the hope that someone will be there?

by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2019 3:55 PM

Killing 4 in the US is peanuts these days which explains the media's disinterest. Gotta step up your game if you want Anderson to acknowledge you. .

by Anonymousreply 21April 10, 2019 6:19 PM

I don't remember if this timeline video was on the previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2019 5:26 PM

Even if it was, r22, it’s helpful to have it here also. I stopped following the other thread when it closed so I can’t cross-reference. And with the search function here being what it is, it doesn’t hurt.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2019 5:40 PM

Still unknown motive?

Some ideas:

RJR gave him a warning about the mini meth lab in his trailer (or some other illegal or nuisance activity), after a neighbor complained when they took over as the new management company. (unlikely)

He's just crazy and/or methed out and mass killed for kicks. (highly unlikely)

He wanted sole access to some female romantic interest of one of the dead males. The others were just collateral damage. (good possibility)

He was paid by the co-owner/wife and/or her kids, to do away with her husband, and the others were just collateral damage. (best possibility)

Small town and many of these people know each other. The motive was financial and/or romantic, like it always is.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2019 11:45 PM

His chiropractor sign has a touch of pretension:

"Doctor" written at the top, with his name "Chad Isaak" on the bottom. No mention of "Chiropractics", unless he thought that skeleton image was supposed to cover it. Instead, the sign is misleading. At first glance, one might think an ACTUAL "doctor" practices there.

Maybe I'm nitpicking but that choice of misleading and omitting wordage on his sign flags him as pretentious at LEAST, and someone who isn't entirely honest.

Shady. He might've been involved in some petty pharmaceutical dealings or embezzling or various other vices people in a small town would pay for and since he was the baddest ass that Mrs. RJR (or whoever else hired him) had ever heard of, she solicited him for a lucrative assignment. He was criminal enough to do it, but not smart enough in spite of being a "doctor", to get away with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2019 11:49 PM

The preliminary hearing is May 13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2019 2:31 PM

Ben made the SF Chronicle!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2019 12:42 PM

Latest...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2019 3:03 AM

Ben updated his Facebook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2019 1:08 PM

Isaak’s hearing has been moved from May 14 to August now.

by Anonymousreply 30May 10, 2019 10:04 PM

Link with more info...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 10, 2019 10:08 PM

I have a lot of respect for Jackie Fakler. That is one strong woman.

by Anonymousreply 32May 10, 2019 10:51 PM

R31. Dammit! We're never going to find out what the hell his motive was. I'm intrigued by the reports of a 4TB hard drive.

by Anonymousreply 33May 10, 2019 11:43 PM

The talk around Bismarck is that Isaak had a beef with RJR, but I haven’t heard anymore than that.

Also, on Monday, I struck up a conversation with a random woman at the Bismarck Target. Turns out the woman lives in Hazen where Isaak had a chiropractic practice before moving to Washburn. He moved there because there were already two chiropractors in Hazen and that was too many for such a small town.

She was a patient of his and said he was very good and that some of his patients continued to see him after he moved. She also told me that his mother is dead and that his father lives on a farm outside of Pick City. Dad wants nothing to do with him and his daughter has changed her last name.

Dull story, I know. The only thing I can think to spice it up is to tell you that the woman called him a “choirpractor.” Not an uncommon pronunciation among older people from rural ND.

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2019 5:29 AM

It must be tough to be a gay stuck in North Dakota

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2019 5:58 AM

I love North Dakota, R35, because I grew up here, but it’s no place for gays, and I can’t imagine living here now. Plus there are no cannabis stores or Trader Joe’s, which makes it more difficult. Can’t find baked tofu anywhere either. It’s hell.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2019 4:42 AM

Bump!

Chad had his arraignment and plead not guilty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2019 12:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!