Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matt Bomer and Simon Halls Part 10

More Doom Patrol and later The Sinner!

Plus everything else that makes him a winner!

by Anonymousreply 80Last Wednesday at 3:27 PM

Here's a link to the previous thread for reference.

by Anonymousreply 104/07/2019

The other thread got full so quickly. The last conversation there was Simon isn't Jude Law's PR anymore. Jude Law switched to another agency a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2019

Jude Law hasn't really been relevant for a while now. Think he switched management a few years back and usually when a star switches management they switch to a new PR team. Although he'd been with Simon with since the 90s so harsh lol

Simon still has a lot of his old clients. He's Joe Alwyn's *(Taylor Swift's boyfriend) publicist now too for his US press and media dealings.

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2019

Why is Mr Peabody included in the title? He doesn't say or do anything interesting.

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2019

R4 you could equally say the same about Matt. Pretty much all his interviews are the same. It's a shame tbh

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2019

Wish we could see their wedding pics.

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2019

Or even an anecdote about the day really.

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2019

He really does keep his family life to himself. Totally his right to do so in fairness. It's quite impressive how he never gives much away. Even his more personal IG never get too deep.

by Anonymousreply 804/11/2019

Bruce Bozzi talked about it briefly on Matt's episode of Lunch With Bruce and I'm sure he only got away with that since he was there.

All Bruce said was that it was beautiful, there were about 40-50 people there, (and Matt says it was 40), Bruce and Michael Rourke (From Slate) were crying, and then he goes on to explain that he [Bruce], Simon and Bryan Lourd all went to school together and how long he's known them etc.

I was shocked when I heard him talk about the wedding since Simon and Matt haven't budged on keeping anything involving it secret.

by Anonymousreply 904/11/2019

R9 I remember that bit of the interview and I remember Matt not giving much away either when Bruce talked about the wedding lol. He kinda let Bruce say a few things and replied with one or two-worked answers before they moved on. He certainly had no interest in discussing the wedding. It was the similar with the Ilana Levine interview too; she mentioned Simon a few times as he's an old friend but Matt didn't engage or give away anything personal.

by Anonymousreply 1004/11/2019

On the one hand, I want to know everything but on the other I am so glad he is not like those other celebs who post everything they do on social media.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2019

R10, I remember that too. He definitely wasn't biting and just let her rattle things off until they got back on his "pre-approved topics" list.

I also remember when he dropped in, unscheduled, to Larry Flick's radio show on Sirius' and how much his mood changed when he was finally asked directly about the movie Anything. He got quiet when the host started talking about it. Then he responded but then the host kept talking about it, he added in a couple of quick responses, and once it was clear Larry wasn't going to let him get out of talking about it he started talking over Larry to politely steer the subject to something else but then Larry went right back to it. Matt stopped engaging and then finally the host took the hint. He handled it well but, yikes!

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2019

R12 he's not a fan of when things go off script in interviews lol "Anything" is a tough one for him because if he says something or defends the film then he may get a backlash. He's whole brand is to be as "inoffensive" as possible and do run-off-the-mill press appearances.

He'll rarely every bring up Simon in interviews. He'll talk a bit more about the kids but not Simon. He's well within his right to be private but it does make for more duller interviews. When he does interviews with people who are friends with Simon it's very much them who bring up his relationship while he gets quiet and barely responds.

by Anonymousreply 1304/12/2019

WHY IS THIS MAN SO FASCINATING TO SO MANY GAY MEN? I'm sorry, I don't get it. He's pretty and he's boring. End of subject.

by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2019

Duckling has one done two interesting things in his life:

1. showed his ass in Magic Mike

2. put his baby in the closet

Otherwise he offers nothing of interest. Most of the posters here are fraus regurgitating topics that have been discussed before. Yes, he is a boring interview. Yes, he is guarded and inauthentic. That is why he is duckling. Move on already.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2019

Actually three interesting things.

3. Brazenly carried on affair with Andrew Rannells during BITB

So three interesting things. Otherwise, snooze!

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2019

Talk about a snooze. Honey, I'd say Matt having generated one of the longest running, tedious and mind numbingly dumb troll to grace the DL is quite the achievement. Take a bow.

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2019

So do you all think Simon put up with Matt more or the other way around? Does Simon takes care of Matt well? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 1804/12/2019

Mr Peabody makes sure Duckling doesn't run headfirst into traffic or get swept into sewer after thunderstorm.

by Anonymousreply 1904/12/2019

It's all just speculation about the dynamics of their relationship since Matt never talks about it. We rarely even see them interact when they do appear in public. None of the fans have ever seemed to have seen or heard about how they are when they are with each other. Barely any anecdotes.

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2019

Hope Simon doesn't abuse Matty! Sometimes Simon has fierce eyes!

by Anonymousreply 2104/12/2019

I'd say Matt walks all over Simon. He's perfectly content to let Simon hold all his stuff at events or that time in London when Simon had to carry all of Matt's gifts at the premiere and then Matt goes off to party with the director lol. Or when stay stayed a few extra days in Scotland recently when it was Oscar week and his husband would probably be busy.

by Anonymousreply 2204/12/2019

R22, I wouldn't say "walks all over him" because, as we've established, Simon had some part in nearly every role Matt has gotten. This probably also gave and gives Matt some extra protection from anyone that would want to take advantage of him. Simon is the author of his career so he can't be upset when he has to go on location and shoot something. He helped set it up in the first place.

It's possible that he wants to carry his stuff. It's also possible that Simon didn't want to go out after the premiere and wanted to go home. He's not a young man. Wasn't another film one of Simon's clients was involved in also playing that week?

As for when he stayed in Scotland, based upon the footage he posted (especially when he spun around) he was exploring by himself and based upon their instagrams, they provided him and the rest of the production their rooms already. So why not take advantage of having a free hotel room until the end of the week? I agree, it would have been nice if he went home to the kids but it's not like he was spending his money and he obviously likes free things and discounts.

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2019

Matt's hands look like he doesn't do much housework. Very well maintained hands.

by Anonymousreply 2404/12/2019

R23 while Simon may be in publicist mode a lot of the time, Matt still sits back allows him to do so instead of being like "no, he's not my publicist or assistant I'm not going to make him carry and hold on gifts all evening long while swan around.' He clearly doesn't mind letting Simon do the heavy work or act as a PA.

What makes you think he was alone during those days in Scotland? He was most likely with John those days. They hung out most of the time in Toronto so not surprising they spent those days together. He was seen in both Glasgow and Edinburgh. Also, what gives you the idea that he had free accommodation? Papi Chulo is a small independent film-it doesn't have a big studio to cover costs. No way would the Irish Film Board cover extra days so the actor could hang around Scotland for a few days. He never posted or mentioned where he was staying so that's a big indicator that he wasn't staying there for free.

by Anonymousreply 2504/12/2019

You didn't look at their instagrams during that time period did you?

R25, I didn't say he was "alone during those days in Scotland" I said he was out alone exploring. He posted instagram stories from that period and there was no one else with him and clearly there was no one else with him in the one where he spun around in a circle and everyone was walking past him unless they all suddenly shifted with lightning speed. He did go exploring by himself. He wasn't with John the entire time!

[quote]Papi Chulo is a small independent film-it doesn't have a big studio to cover costs.

You wouldn't even make an actor pay for their own lunch on a production no matter how small it is let alone have the important production people and cast members fly themselves from place to place! They would have money for that and for their accommodations especially since they were locking down and then had a distributor. They are necessary to promote the movie. They wouldn't take a chance on just one of them showing up. Alejandro is not just flinging money around flying from country to country multiple times for a movie! And why the hell would he EVER mention where he was staying? What lunatic would do that? They had hotel accommodations.

A small independent film is not as small as you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 2604/12/2019

R26 Wowzers. I meant the production obviously covered the cost of their stay during the festival's but they are not going to pay for extra dates for actors to have a vacation. Simple as that . They obviously covered their flights and accommodation for both festivals but no way did they cover extra days. It's not a big studio that's behind the film. Irish production companies do not have infinite amounts of cash to throw at actors, particularly ones that aren't massive A-list stars.

And Jesus, I meant that he didn't post any type of " loved my stay here" or anything in relation to his hotel once he left Scotland, which is what people do when they've stayed somewhere for free or they've gotten a deal. He literally posted one spinning around post and the rest of this IG posts during that time it was impossible to tell whether someone was with him or not.

by Anonymousreply 2704/12/2019

R27, please tell us about this small budget movie that could afford the rights to license a Madonna song not just for festival but for wide distribution later on? Do you know how much that costs? Do you really think that just because she said yes they didn't have to pay her out the ass? You really thought you knew something there.

by Anonymousreply 2804/12/2019

R28 Good to know we have an expert on Irish film production companies here. You do realise that they had to pull strings to get that song and probaly forked out a substantial fee for it that soaked up most of their budget? It wasn't like the production company just went and bought the rights. You heard them all say that they went to great lengths to try get that song. Why else do you think Simon was thanked in the credits? He probably had to pull strings to help them out.

Also, there's a difference between a production company paying money for music rights (which is pretty common) and then splashing on accommodation for actors to have a vacation right? Why would they pay extra money for actors to spend a weekend doing non-promo work? Be a bit realistic here. If it was a huge studio then I'd believe it but not in this case.

Either way, my point was that Matt leaves Simon to do a lot of the heavy hands on work at home at events and is happy to do so.

by Anonymousreply 2904/12/2019

I think Simon also understands the business enough (!) that he knows it’s good for Matt’s career to take care of logistics while Matt is dealing with the reporters and fans’ attention at those events.

by Anonymousreply 3004/12/2019

Matt Bomer is cute I guess but he's so Stepford Gay, he does nothing for me. He isn't a very good actor or anything, he's just easy on the eyes. Richard Gere was the same way years ago, so he yelled his lines and squished up his face to signal intensity until he got a little better at acting. I think Bomer has peaked. The openly gay thing isn't much help to a film career. It just isn't..

by Anonymousreply 3104/12/2019

What have you watched him in r31?

by Anonymousreply 32Last Saturday at 2:29 AM

R31 Is the obligatory Matt Bomer does nothing for me post and aren’t we all glad he doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Saturday at 1:13 PM

Maybe Matt put up with a lot things Simon done too. Why you all think Matt "walks all over Simon"?

by Anonymousreply 34Last Saturday at 6:31 PM

Not “all”, and I’d guess for those who do it’s a need to knock him down a few pegs because of his looks and generally nice guy image.

by Anonymousreply 35Last Saturday at 6:35 PM

For a successful marriage to work and last, both sides need to compromise. They have definitely reached a balance where they both get and give.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Saturday at 6:58 PM

I like it how they keep t heir marriage private and after all these years he still wears his clothes.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Saturday at 7:00 PM

Aww, that's so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Saturday at 7:23 PM

Hope they still having sex

by Anonymousreply 39Last Saturday at 7:23 PM

He looks very plastic in the OP's pic. He's gone full Ken Doll. How unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Saturday at 7:43 PM

As long as Simon loves him, that's what all matters

by Anonymousreply 41Last Saturday at 7:53 PM

Well considering Simon has done a lot for Matt's career and how he's still willing to carry Matt's stuff at events or travel back and forth too see him (like he did last year during the play) that it was a good indicator that he cared very much for Matt. Whereas with Matt-because he's private/doesn't give much away-it can sometimes be hard to see his attitude towards Simon. He's not overly sentimental about him but is very much so about friends and co-workers (not a criticism just an observation)

by Anonymousreply 42Last Saturday at 8:38 PM

I have heard somewhere that when Simon was dating David Burtka, he flew from LA to NYC which David lived almost every weekend. But when Matt was doing White Collar, it was Matt who flew back and forth which is understandable because they had the little kids at home, it wasn't convenient for Simon to travel all the time. But it indicated that Simon might just have this kind of personality. He likes to do these things for his lover.

by Anonymousreply 43Last Saturday at 8:50 PM

Simon did travel a few times to NYC to see Matt during BITB (both with and without the children). He was spotted a good few times at the stage door.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Saturday at 10:49 PM

More than one person has said that Simon is a "dream" or was a "catch." You don't really hear that about many men in Hollywood. His nice side must be incredibly nice.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Saturday at 11:18 PM

🍊🍊🍊🍊

by Anonymousreply 46Last Saturday at 11:56 PM

I'm sure Simon is smart enough to know when to put on the charm lol a publicist should know how to present themselves. You never know what he's like. Equally if you've read Jennifer Estess's book about her ALS diagnosis, Simon came off as a very kind and loyal friend. She herself called him 'elegant' and the "champagne of men'. She clearly meant a lot him as he named one of his sons after her.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Sunday at 1:20 AM

Did Simon date women in his early years? It is said most people know he is gay when he married Matt 2014, a lot people were surprised.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Sunday at 7:02 AM

R48 who was surprised? Lol. While I don't know of Simon's previous dating history-aside from David Burtka- he's been out in the industry since the 90s. I doubt anyone in the business 2014 would have been surprised to that Simon was gay.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Sunday at 7:57 AM

I wish we could know their love story, when they first dated, it has to be Simon who made the first move. Wonder if it took Simon a bit effort to give him or they just hit it off first sight.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Sunday at 2:58 PM

R50 it would be interesting to hear how they met and got together etc. I think most people assume that Simon already had Kit before he met Matt so that adds an extra element to them getting together

by Anonymousreply 51Last Sunday at 9:32 PM

From Matt’s Instagram it looks like we will get engaged in Buttigieg’s campaign

by Anonymousreply 52Last Monday at 6:16 AM

What's he doing lately? What's Simon doing? Seems Simon's hair got greyer and greyer for the past 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Monday at 7:56 AM

You try raising three boys alone!

by Anonymousreply 54Last Monday at 8:03 AM

Well Simon is 55 so it’s natural his hair are gray. Matt obviously colours his hair, so the contrast between them is a bit more pronounced.

by Anonymousreply 55Last Monday at 8:24 AM

The pic of Simon in 2008 with Matt at Lee Pace's party, he had dark hair. It's like he aged 20+ years....

by Anonymousreply 56Last Monday at 8:47 AM

SImon looks like in his 70's in a lot of recent pics......

by Anonymousreply 57Last Monday at 8:47 AM

Simon looks his age tbh. Having kids older probably aged him a lot more than if he had them younger. He obviously doesn't bother going to same lengths Matt does to stay looking young. If you're not on TV or regularly in the spotlight, would you bother? Matt's hair is probably greying a lot by now but he dyes it.

by Anonymousreply 58Last Monday at 9:01 AM

Matt is only 41, not 61, and his brother who is 3 years older still has dark hair, and his Dad is balding but the hair that he still has is dark. Can't imagine either of them are dyeing their hair, so maybe Matt's hair is natural.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Monday at 9:58 AM

R59 He's coloured his hair before. He had a weird brown shade in it a few years back. I met him at the stage door last year and there were flecks of grey in his hair. When he grows a beard it's pretty grey too. He probably dyes his hair occasionally. His hair is quite dark and darker hair goes grey quite quickly.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Monday at 10:02 AM

Saw the director of Papi Chulo's Instagram pic, he wears a bracelet which Matt was wearing too.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Monday at 10:51 AM

Simon seem to be a very confident and secure person.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Monday at 10:51 AM

R61 that was mentioned on a previous thread. They both are wearing the same bracelet during this interview. Probably a gift from one of them.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Monday at 11:02 AM

My friend saw Simon and told me that he's skin actually looked very good in person. Seems like he maintains his skin too!

by Anonymousreply 64Last Monday at 12:02 PM

[quote] that was mentioned on a previous thread. They both are wearing the same bracelet during this interview. Probably a gift from one of them.

Those bracelets are called bangles. They're in right now. They're also not the same bangle. John's is rounded and Matt's is flat. They don't match.

John's been wearing his for a long time now. I doubt Matt's was a "gift." If it was an actual gift he probably would have been seen wearing it more than once. ;)

Matt hasn't worn anything like that before and hasn't since that we've seen. They're annoying because they are CONSTANTLY sliding off of your wrist if you have thinner wrists. They're not really made for someone as slender as him.

He also doesn't dress himself, Jeanne Yang coordinates everything. She did everything he wore during that trip from undershirt to shoes. The next time we saw him there he switched to a fancy looking watch.

When he's spotted out and about he doesn't usually wear jewelry at all other than his ring if even that.

[quote]He probably dyes his hair occasionally. His hair is quite dark and darker hair goes grey quite quickly.

His hair is grey on the sides and he likely has it died regularly.

The beard, he said in an interview, he thought was genetic. It has had grey spots since he was in his 20s. He doesn't bother to try and cover it.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Monday at 2:07 PM

I think Matt's bracelet is probably a gift. He doesn't seem to wear it except with Papi Chulo tour. And he normally doesn't really wear any thing except his wedding ring. So in my opinion it was a gift from someone maybe the director? But it was probably a symbol of friendship or luck or brotherhood or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 66Last Monday at 7:21 PM

Watched Mayor Pete earlier on Rachel Maddow give an amazing and moving interview. It was so refreshing to hear from someone so wholesome , decent and passionate. He reminds me a lot of Matt in that regard, just a kind and fundamentally decent man. We need more of them.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Monday at 8:22 PM

When he did BitB the cast got free designer watches and free designer rings. He wore them once and never again. I think we thought the watch was ugly here.

Armani makes a bangle/cuff bracelet like that and his stylist listed it as one of the brands he was wearing on the tour. Didn't he do a campaign with them? I know he did Todd Snyder.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Monday at 9:53 PM

R68 he did an Armani campaign back in 2015. It was called "Made to Measure ' or something like that. He posted a throwback pic to it last year on his IG

by Anonymousreply 69Last Monday at 11:03 PM

Looks like Matt's reprising his role for Boys in the Band as a Netflix film.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Wednesday at 10:06 AM

So he's doing this, the sinner and the next season of Doom patrol. I'm assuming all this year. That's a lot.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Wednesday at 10:08 AM

Good, maybe Rannells can steal him for good now.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Wednesday at 10:21 AM

Also he'll probably be guest starring on the next season of Will&Grace.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Wednesday at 11:28 AM

Good he gets to work for these jobs!!

by Anonymousreply 74Last Wednesday at 11:32 AM

Wonder if things are ok with him and Simon. Matt been quiet on social media the last few days. Simon usually likes the posts from Matt's cast mates on IG but doesn't look like he's like anything about the adaptation news

by Anonymousreply 75Last Wednesday at 11:37 AM

Now's be a great time for someone to post that Simon as a squirrel pic.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Wednesday at 11:42 AM

You wonder if things are okay with him and Simon because he's not liking posts from his friends on Instagram?!?!?!?!

By the way a reporter already said he heard they were going to do this months ago.

Since Simon is friends with and works for Ryan Murphy he already knew. None of this is news to him R74.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Wednesday at 11:43 AM

R77 yeah I saw the tweet the reporter posted a few months back so it's not surprising it's being made into a film.

I'm just curious that's all. Simon usually does like a lot of posts from MB Washington and Tuck Watkins so just wondering that's all.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Wednesday at 11:51 AM

Maybe they're taking the chance to have a bit of a holiday before this all starts. Bill Pullman's doing theatre in London until 8th June so Matt won't be doing any scenes with him until mid June. Doom Patrol's finished for now, so ideal time for a break.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Wednesday at 12:08 PM

It looks like Matt and Simon are throwing their support behind Pete Buttigieg.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Wednesday at 3:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!