Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Bomer and Simon Halls Part 10

More Doom Patrol and later The Sinner!

Plus everything else that makes him a winner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 9, 2019 12:07 PM

Here's a link to the previous thread for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2019 5:34 PM

The other thread got full so quickly. The last conversation there was Simon isn't Jude Law's PR anymore. Jude Law switched to another agency a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2019 6:24 PM

Jude Law hasn't really been relevant for a while now. Think he switched management a few years back and usually when a star switches management they switch to a new PR team. Although he'd been with Simon with since the 90s so harsh lol

Simon still has a lot of his old clients. He's Joe Alwyn's *(Taylor Swift's boyfriend) publicist now too for his US press and media dealings.

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2019 6:42 PM

Why is Mr Peabody included in the title? He doesn't say or do anything interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2019 6:55 PM

R4 you could equally say the same about Matt. Pretty much all his interviews are the same. It's a shame tbh

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2019 7:02 PM

Wish we could see their wedding pics.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2019 2:35 AM

Or even an anecdote about the day really.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2019 3:56 AM

He really does keep his family life to himself. Totally his right to do so in fairness. It's quite impressive how he never gives much away. Even his more personal IG never get too deep.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2019 4:06 AM

Bruce Bozzi talked about it briefly on Matt's episode of Lunch With Bruce and I'm sure he only got away with that since he was there.

All Bruce said was that it was beautiful, there were about 40-50 people there, (and Matt says it was 40), Bruce and Michael Rourke (From Slate) were crying, and then he goes on to explain that he [Bruce], Simon and Bryan Lourd all went to school together and how long he's known them etc.

I was shocked when I heard him talk about the wedding since Simon and Matt haven't budged on keeping anything involving it secret.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2019 4:20 AM

R9 I remember that bit of the interview and I remember Matt not giving much away either when Bruce talked about the wedding lol. He kinda let Bruce say a few things and replied with one or two-worked answers before they moved on. He certainly had no interest in discussing the wedding. It was the similar with the Ilana Levine interview too; she mentioned Simon a few times as he's an old friend but Matt didn't engage or give away anything personal.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2019 4:46 AM

On the one hand, I want to know everything but on the other I am so glad he is not like those other celebs who post everything they do on social media.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2019 8:47 AM

R10, I remember that too. He definitely wasn't biting and just let her rattle things off until they got back on his "pre-approved topics" list.

I also remember when he dropped in, unscheduled, to Larry Flick's radio show on Sirius' and how much his mood changed when he was finally asked directly about the movie Anything. He got quiet when the host started talking about it. Then he responded but then the host kept talking about it, he added in a couple of quick responses, and once it was clear Larry wasn't going to let him get out of talking about it he started talking over Larry to politely steer the subject to something else but then Larry went right back to it. Matt stopped engaging and then finally the host took the hint. He handled it well but, yikes!

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2019 9:44 AM

R12 he's not a fan of when things go off script in interviews lol "Anything" is a tough one for him because if he says something or defends the film then he may get a backlash. He's whole brand is to be as "inoffensive" as possible and do run-off-the-mill press appearances.

He'll rarely every bring up Simon in interviews. He'll talk a bit more about the kids but not Simon. He's well within his right to be private but it does make for more duller interviews. When he does interviews with people who are friends with Simon it's very much them who bring up his relationship while he gets quiet and barely responds.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2019 11:21 AM

WHY IS THIS MAN SO FASCINATING TO SO MANY GAY MEN? I'm sorry, I don't get it. He's pretty and he's boring. End of subject.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2019 12:16 PM

Duckling has one done two interesting things in his life:

1. showed his ass in Magic Mike

2. put his baby in the closet

Otherwise he offers nothing of interest. Most of the posters here are fraus regurgitating topics that have been discussed before. Yes, he is a boring interview. Yes, he is guarded and inauthentic. That is why he is duckling. Move on already.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2019 12:19 PM

Actually three interesting things.

3. Brazenly carried on affair with Andrew Rannells during BITB

So three interesting things. Otherwise, snooze!

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2019 12:23 PM

Talk about a snooze. Honey, I'd say Matt having generated one of the longest running, tedious and mind numbingly dumb troll to grace the DL is quite the achievement. Take a bow.

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2019 2:48 PM

So do you all think Simon put up with Matt more or the other way around? Does Simon takes care of Matt well? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2019 5:22 PM

Mr Peabody makes sure Duckling doesn't run headfirst into traffic or get swept into sewer after thunderstorm.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2019 5:25 PM

It's all just speculation about the dynamics of their relationship since Matt never talks about it. We rarely even see them interact when they do appear in public. None of the fans have ever seemed to have seen or heard about how they are when they are with each other. Barely any anecdotes.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2019 6:07 PM

Hope Simon doesn't abuse Matty! Sometimes Simon has fierce eyes!

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2019 6:11 PM

I'd say Matt walks all over Simon. He's perfectly content to let Simon hold all his stuff at events or that time in London when Simon had to carry all of Matt's gifts at the premiere and then Matt goes off to party with the director lol. Or when stay stayed a few extra days in Scotland recently when it was Oscar week and his husband would probably be busy.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2019 6:31 PM

R22, I wouldn't say "walks all over him" because, as we've established, Simon had some part in nearly every role Matt has gotten. This probably also gave and gives Matt some extra protection from anyone that would want to take advantage of him. Simon is the author of his career so he can't be upset when he has to go on location and shoot something. He helped set it up in the first place.

It's possible that he wants to carry his stuff. It's also possible that Simon didn't want to go out after the premiere and wanted to go home. He's not a young man. Wasn't another film one of Simon's clients was involved in also playing that week?

As for when he stayed in Scotland, based upon the footage he posted (especially when he spun around) he was exploring by himself and based upon their instagrams, they provided him and the rest of the production their rooms already. So why not take advantage of having a free hotel room until the end of the week? I agree, it would have been nice if he went home to the kids but it's not like he was spending his money and he obviously likes free things and discounts.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2019 10:52 PM

Matt's hands look like he doesn't do much housework. Very well maintained hands.

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2019 1:46 AM

R23 while Simon may be in publicist mode a lot of the time, Matt still sits back allows him to do so instead of being like "no, he's not my publicist or assistant I'm not going to make him carry and hold on gifts all evening long while swan around.' He clearly doesn't mind letting Simon do the heavy work or act as a PA.

What makes you think he was alone during those days in Scotland? He was most likely with John those days. They hung out most of the time in Toronto so not surprising they spent those days together. He was seen in both Glasgow and Edinburgh. Also, what gives you the idea that he had free accommodation? Papi Chulo is a small independent film-it doesn't have a big studio to cover costs. No way would the Irish Film Board cover extra days so the actor could hang around Scotland for a few days. He never posted or mentioned where he was staying so that's a big indicator that he wasn't staying there for free.

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2019 3:38 AM

You didn't look at their instagrams during that time period did you?

R25, I didn't say he was "alone during those days in Scotland" I said he was out alone exploring. He posted instagram stories from that period and there was no one else with him and clearly there was no one else with him in the one where he spun around in a circle and everyone was walking past him unless they all suddenly shifted with lightning speed. He did go exploring by himself. He wasn't with John the entire time!

[quote]Papi Chulo is a small independent film-it doesn't have a big studio to cover costs.

You wouldn't even make an actor pay for their own lunch on a production no matter how small it is let alone have the important production people and cast members fly themselves from place to place! They would have money for that and for their accommodations especially since they were locking down and then had a distributor. They are necessary to promote the movie. They wouldn't take a chance on just one of them showing up. Alejandro is not just flinging money around flying from country to country multiple times for a movie! And why the hell would he EVER mention where he was staying? What lunatic would do that? They had hotel accommodations.

A small independent film is not as small as you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2019 4:13 AM

R26 Wowzers. I meant the production obviously covered the cost of their stay during the festival's but they are not going to pay for extra dates for actors to have a vacation. Simple as that . They obviously covered their flights and accommodation for both festivals but no way did they cover extra days. It's not a big studio that's behind the film. Irish production companies do not have infinite amounts of cash to throw at actors, particularly ones that aren't massive A-list stars.

And Jesus, I meant that he didn't post any type of " loved my stay here" or anything in relation to his hotel once he left Scotland, which is what people do when they've stayed somewhere for free or they've gotten a deal. He literally posted one spinning around post and the rest of this IG posts during that time it was impossible to tell whether someone was with him or not.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2019 4:23 AM

R27, please tell us about this small budget movie that could afford the rights to license a Madonna song not just for festival but for wide distribution later on? Do you know how much that costs? Do you really think that just because she said yes they didn't have to pay her out the ass? You really thought you knew something there.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2019 4:43 AM

R28 Good to know we have an expert on Irish film production companies here. You do realise that they had to pull strings to get that song and probaly forked out a substantial fee for it that soaked up most of their budget? It wasn't like the production company just went and bought the rights. You heard them all say that they went to great lengths to try get that song. Why else do you think Simon was thanked in the credits? He probably had to pull strings to help them out.

Also, there's a difference between a production company paying money for music rights (which is pretty common) and then splashing on accommodation for actors to have a vacation right? Why would they pay extra money for actors to spend a weekend doing non-promo work? Be a bit realistic here. If it was a huge studio then I'd believe it but not in this case.

Either way, my point was that Matt leaves Simon to do a lot of the heavy hands on work at home at events and is happy to do so.

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2019 4:58 AM

I think Simon also understands the business enough (!) that he knows it’s good for Matt’s career to take care of logistics while Matt is dealing with the reporters and fans’ attention at those events.

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2019 5:05 AM

Matt Bomer is cute I guess but he's so Stepford Gay, he does nothing for me. He isn't a very good actor or anything, he's just easy on the eyes. Richard Gere was the same way years ago, so he yelled his lines and squished up his face to signal intensity until he got a little better at acting. I think Bomer has peaked. The openly gay thing isn't much help to a film career. It just isn't..

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2019 5:09 AM

What have you watched him in r31?

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2019 10:29 AM

R31 Is the obligatory Matt Bomer does nothing for me post and aren’t we all glad he doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2019 9:13 PM

Maybe Matt put up with a lot things Simon done too. Why you all think Matt "walks all over Simon"?

by Anonymousreply 34April 14, 2019 2:31 AM

Not “all”, and I’d guess for those who do it’s a need to knock him down a few pegs because of his looks and generally nice guy image.

by Anonymousreply 35April 14, 2019 2:35 AM

For a successful marriage to work and last, both sides need to compromise. They have definitely reached a balance where they both get and give.

by Anonymousreply 36April 14, 2019 2:58 AM

I like it how they keep t heir marriage private and after all these years he still wears his clothes.

by Anonymousreply 37April 14, 2019 3:00 AM

Aww, that's so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 38April 14, 2019 3:23 AM

Hope they still having sex

by Anonymousreply 39April 14, 2019 3:23 AM

He looks very plastic in the OP's pic. He's gone full Ken Doll. How unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 40April 14, 2019 3:43 AM

As long as Simon loves him, that's what all matters

by Anonymousreply 41April 14, 2019 3:53 AM

Well considering Simon has done a lot for Matt's career and how he's still willing to carry Matt's stuff at events or travel back and forth too see him (like he did last year during the play) that it was a good indicator that he cared very much for Matt. Whereas with Matt-because he's private/doesn't give much away-it can sometimes be hard to see his attitude towards Simon. He's not overly sentimental about him but is very much so about friends and co-workers (not a criticism just an observation)

by Anonymousreply 42April 14, 2019 4:38 AM

I have heard somewhere that when Simon was dating David Burtka, he flew from LA to NYC which David lived almost every weekend. But when Matt was doing White Collar, it was Matt who flew back and forth which is understandable because they had the little kids at home, it wasn't convenient for Simon to travel all the time. But it indicated that Simon might just have this kind of personality. He likes to do these things for his lover.

by Anonymousreply 43April 14, 2019 4:50 AM

Simon did travel a few times to NYC to see Matt during BITB (both with and without the children). He was spotted a good few times at the stage door.

by Anonymousreply 44April 14, 2019 6:49 AM

More than one person has said that Simon is a "dream" or was a "catch." You don't really hear that about many men in Hollywood. His nice side must be incredibly nice.

by Anonymousreply 45April 14, 2019 7:18 AM

🍊🍊🍊🍊

by Anonymousreply 46April 14, 2019 7:56 AM

I'm sure Simon is smart enough to know when to put on the charm lol a publicist should know how to present themselves. You never know what he's like. Equally if you've read Jennifer Estess's book about her ALS diagnosis, Simon came off as a very kind and loyal friend. She herself called him 'elegant' and the "champagne of men'. She clearly meant a lot him as he named one of his sons after her.

by Anonymousreply 47April 14, 2019 9:20 AM

Did Simon date women in his early years? It is said most people know he is gay when he married Matt 2014, a lot people were surprised.

by Anonymousreply 48April 14, 2019 3:02 PM

R48 who was surprised? Lol. While I don't know of Simon's previous dating history-aside from David Burtka- he's been out in the industry since the 90s. I doubt anyone in the business 2014 would have been surprised to that Simon was gay.

by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2019 3:57 PM

I wish we could know their love story, when they first dated, it has to be Simon who made the first move. Wonder if it took Simon a bit effort to give him or they just hit it off first sight.

by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2019 10:58 PM

R50 it would be interesting to hear how they met and got together etc. I think most people assume that Simon already had Kit before he met Matt so that adds an extra element to them getting together

by Anonymousreply 51April 15, 2019 5:32 AM

From Matt’s Instagram it looks like we will get engaged in Buttigieg’s campaign

by Anonymousreply 52April 15, 2019 2:16 PM

What's he doing lately? What's Simon doing? Seems Simon's hair got greyer and greyer for the past 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 53April 15, 2019 3:56 PM

You try raising three boys alone!

by Anonymousreply 54April 15, 2019 4:03 PM

Well Simon is 55 so it’s natural his hair are gray. Matt obviously colours his hair, so the contrast between them is a bit more pronounced.

by Anonymousreply 55April 15, 2019 4:24 PM

The pic of Simon in 2008 with Matt at Lee Pace's party, he had dark hair. It's like he aged 20+ years....

by Anonymousreply 56April 15, 2019 4:47 PM

SImon looks like in his 70's in a lot of recent pics......

by Anonymousreply 57April 15, 2019 4:47 PM

Simon looks his age tbh. Having kids older probably aged him a lot more than if he had them younger. He obviously doesn't bother going to same lengths Matt does to stay looking young. If you're not on TV or regularly in the spotlight, would you bother? Matt's hair is probably greying a lot by now but he dyes it.

by Anonymousreply 58April 15, 2019 5:01 PM

Matt is only 41, not 61, and his brother who is 3 years older still has dark hair, and his Dad is balding but the hair that he still has is dark. Can't imagine either of them are dyeing their hair, so maybe Matt's hair is natural.

by Anonymousreply 59April 15, 2019 5:58 PM

R59 He's coloured his hair before. He had a weird brown shade in it a few years back. I met him at the stage door last year and there were flecks of grey in his hair. When he grows a beard it's pretty grey too. He probably dyes his hair occasionally. His hair is quite dark and darker hair goes grey quite quickly.

by Anonymousreply 60April 15, 2019 6:02 PM

Saw the director of Papi Chulo's Instagram pic, he wears a bracelet which Matt was wearing too.

by Anonymousreply 61April 15, 2019 6:51 PM

Simon seem to be a very confident and secure person.

by Anonymousreply 62April 15, 2019 6:51 PM

R61 that was mentioned on a previous thread. They both are wearing the same bracelet during this interview. Probably a gift from one of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 15, 2019 7:02 PM

My friend saw Simon and told me that he's skin actually looked very good in person. Seems like he maintains his skin too!

by Anonymousreply 64April 15, 2019 8:02 PM

[quote] that was mentioned on a previous thread. They both are wearing the same bracelet during this interview. Probably a gift from one of them.

Those bracelets are called bangles. They're in right now. They're also not the same bangle. John's is rounded and Matt's is flat. They don't match.

John's been wearing his for a long time now. I doubt Matt's was a "gift." If it was an actual gift he probably would have been seen wearing it more than once. ;)

Matt hasn't worn anything like that before and hasn't since that we've seen. They're annoying because they are CONSTANTLY sliding off of your wrist if you have thinner wrists. They're not really made for someone as slender as him.

He also doesn't dress himself, Jeanne Yang coordinates everything. She did everything he wore during that trip from undershirt to shoes. The next time we saw him there he switched to a fancy looking watch.

When he's spotted out and about he doesn't usually wear jewelry at all other than his ring if even that.

[quote]He probably dyes his hair occasionally. His hair is quite dark and darker hair goes grey quite quickly.

His hair is grey on the sides and he likely has it died regularly.

The beard, he said in an interview, he thought was genetic. It has had grey spots since he was in his 20s. He doesn't bother to try and cover it.

by Anonymousreply 65April 15, 2019 10:07 PM

I think Matt's bracelet is probably a gift. He doesn't seem to wear it except with Papi Chulo tour. And he normally doesn't really wear any thing except his wedding ring. So in my opinion it was a gift from someone maybe the director? But it was probably a symbol of friendship or luck or brotherhood or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 66April 16, 2019 3:21 AM

Watched Mayor Pete earlier on Rachel Maddow give an amazing and moving interview. It was so refreshing to hear from someone so wholesome , decent and passionate. He reminds me a lot of Matt in that regard, just a kind and fundamentally decent man. We need more of them.

by Anonymousreply 67April 16, 2019 4:22 AM

When he did BitB the cast got free designer watches and free designer rings. He wore them once and never again. I think we thought the watch was ugly here.

Armani makes a bangle/cuff bracelet like that and his stylist listed it as one of the brands he was wearing on the tour. Didn't he do a campaign with them? I know he did Todd Snyder.

by Anonymousreply 68April 16, 2019 5:53 AM

R68 he did an Armani campaign back in 2015. It was called "Made to Measure ' or something like that. He posted a throwback pic to it last year on his IG

by Anonymousreply 69April 16, 2019 7:03 AM

Looks like Matt's reprising his role for Boys in the Band as a Netflix film.

by Anonymousreply 70April 17, 2019 6:06 PM

So he's doing this, the sinner and the next season of Doom patrol. I'm assuming all this year. That's a lot.

by Anonymousreply 71April 17, 2019 6:08 PM

Good, maybe Rannells can steal him for good now.

by Anonymousreply 72April 17, 2019 6:21 PM

Also he'll probably be guest starring on the next season of Will&Grace.

by Anonymousreply 73April 17, 2019 7:28 PM

Good he gets to work for these jobs!!

by Anonymousreply 74April 17, 2019 7:32 PM

Wonder if things are ok with him and Simon. Matt been quiet on social media the last few days. Simon usually likes the posts from Matt's cast mates on IG but doesn't look like he's like anything about the adaptation news

by Anonymousreply 75April 17, 2019 7:37 PM

Now's be a great time for someone to post that Simon as a squirrel pic.

by Anonymousreply 76April 17, 2019 7:42 PM

You wonder if things are okay with him and Simon because he's not liking posts from his friends on Instagram?!?!?!?!

By the way a reporter already said he heard they were going to do this months ago.

Since Simon is friends with and works for Ryan Murphy he already knew. None of this is news to him R74.

by Anonymousreply 77April 17, 2019 7:43 PM

R77 yeah I saw the tweet the reporter posted a few months back so it's not surprising it's being made into a film.

I'm just curious that's all. Simon usually does like a lot of posts from MB Washington and Tuck Watkins so just wondering that's all.

by Anonymousreply 78April 17, 2019 7:51 PM

Maybe they're taking the chance to have a bit of a holiday before this all starts. Bill Pullman's doing theatre in London until 8th June so Matt won't be doing any scenes with him until mid June. Doom Patrol's finished for now, so ideal time for a break.

by Anonymousreply 79April 17, 2019 8:08 PM

It looks like Matt and Simon are throwing their support behind Pete Buttigieg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 17, 2019 11:27 PM

I think Matt/s face or facial movement looks like Simon in some way I can't describe. It is said couple lives together for long enough, they start to look alike. Maybe it's true.

by Anonymousreply 81April 21, 2019 5:56 PM

Your meds need to be upped hon.

by Anonymousreply 82April 21, 2019 7:20 PM

R81 never really noticed any similarities tbh. Maybe they've picked up similar mannerisms from each other but they don't look like each other. Whereas the 3 boys are all basically mini-Simons. The pic Matt shared at Thanksgiving showed how much they resemble Simon.

by Anonymousreply 83April 21, 2019 7:33 PM

Matt never felt like he wants his biologic child?

by Anonymousreply 84April 22, 2019 12:32 AM

Unfortunately Walker, like Magic Mike XXL and Anything, is simply a humiliating reminder to Duckling of his failure in decision making.

by Anonymousreply 85April 22, 2019 12:40 AM

I wish Walker was Matt's biologic kid.

by Anonymousreply 86April 22, 2019 12:55 AM

I think the person who keeps calling Matt Duckling is actually in love with Matt....

by Anonymousreply 87April 22, 2019 3:14 AM

One of the kids has stunning features like Matt. All three kids are good looking like their dads

by Anonymousreply 88April 22, 2019 3:58 AM

I hope Simon treat Matt well. Matt could have had his own biological kid, but because Simon already has three kids, Matt gave up the option to have his but adopt and raise Simon's kids.

by Anonymousreply 89April 22, 2019 4:14 AM

3 kids is plenty. He was asked once or twice in interviews whether they'd have another child and he responded in one that given how much he works and his schedule, it wouldn't be fair to bring another into child into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 90April 22, 2019 4:39 AM

Yes, that's why I am saying he gave up his option to have his own biological kid because he chose to be with Simon and raise his kids together. I wish Matty could have had his kid, I bet would be so good looking!

by Anonymousreply 91April 22, 2019 4:47 AM

On the flip side, he might never have had kids had he not gotten with Simon. In another interview a few years back, he asked whether he always wanted to be a dad and he hesitated a little before saying that he kinda did but growing up he didn't think it was a possibility and that when he did become a dad he didn't expect it to happen so quickly and early.

by Anonymousreply 92April 22, 2019 5:17 AM

Oh Duckling. What madness have you wrought!

by Anonymousreply 93April 22, 2019 7:24 AM

I won't tell you the source for this but he legitimately doesn't care whether they're biologically his or not. They're his children in every way that counts. I'm not sure why this continues to be a discussion on this board. They are "his" children. The whole idea that you wanted him to have his own biological child because it would be "so good looking" is disturing on many levels. He doesn't give a shit. You shouldn't either.

by Anonymousreply 94April 22, 2019 6:49 PM

R94 bar one or two posters, no one cares whether they are his bio children or not. It makes no difference as he is their dad. Obvious from interviews and photos that he adores them and the adore him. He choose to be their dad and that's it really.

by Anonymousreply 95April 22, 2019 7:14 PM

It's been a month since last time he showed up for something. He must be enjoying the family life.

by Anonymousreply 96April 22, 2019 9:26 PM

R96 well it seems like he's about to film 3 projects later this year so it makes sense that he's taking a break now

by Anonymousreply 97April 22, 2019 9:28 PM

Can’t wait for BITB to be on Netflix! It was so good in the theater.

by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2019 10:22 PM

As someone who didn’t get to see BITB on Broadway I am ecstatic that we are getting a new film version of this story with this cast.

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2019 10:24 PM

He's been a bit quieter on social media the last few days so hopefully he's taking some time with the family. As R97 said, he's got a fairly busy upcoming few months: BITB filming, then The Sinner which looks like it will overlap with Doom Patrol so he'll be most likely flying back and forth from NYC to Georgia.

The play was good fun so it's pretty cool that it's getting a film adaption. It'll be interesting what approach they'll take with it.

by Anonymousreply 100April 23, 2019 4:00 AM

I wonder if it will be easier having done the play, or if it will be challenging to tone it down for the camera plus remember any script changes and not fall into the old tire tracks, they played that thing many many times.

by Anonymousreply 101April 23, 2019 4:07 AM

It appears he’ll be making some time in June to support Mayor Pete’s presidential bid. He and Simon, Bryan Lourd, Ryan Murphy and a number of prominent gay Hollywood are hosting an event for him. I admire how both he and Simon are so supportive of and committed to progressive causes and various charitable organizations.

by Anonymousreply 102April 23, 2019 4:36 AM

I saw or heard somewhere said he and Simon spend at least 1 million in various charity and events every year. Does that mean Simon is earning more than we think so he can afford this.

by Anonymousreply 103April 23, 2019 5:24 AM

The making out scenes in Doom Patrol is better than what's in the normal heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 23, 2019 5:38 AM

Damn he’s sexy

by Anonymousreply 105April 23, 2019 5:44 AM

R103 where did you hear that from? I'd be wary of believing any financial statistics as that aren't coming from charities themselves or official documents.

by Anonymousreply 106April 23, 2019 6:43 AM

Jesus Mr Peabody makes half a mill a year tops and Duckling hasn’t seen a decent check since Magic Mike XXL.

by Anonymousreply 107April 23, 2019 7:55 AM

R100, BITB shouldn't take that long to film especially since the majority of it features all of the actors in the same location, in the same room, at the same time. They will zip through it. That's probably the only way they could get all of them to do it with their various schedules and how he'll still have time to go off and do The Sinner and Doom Patrol because he definitely couldn't be doing all three at once.

The Sinner is only 8 episodes and he's not the only lead so he won't be in every scene. Doom Patrol should come back with 15 episodes as before but if they show him next season as much as they have this season it's still a time commitment.

There's still no confirmation on whether he'll be back to Will & Grace or not.

R106, Smart celebs don't just take what they make any put it in the bank: they invest in things. Way back when, according to People or Us or one of those magazines he paid over 3 million for his home from his trust so I'd wager they probably have more money than most people suspect. The more money they donate to charity, the more they can write off on their taxes to a point.

by Anonymousreply 108April 23, 2019 8:34 AM

ROFL All celebrities have trusts for tax purposes dummy. And you don’t know if they paid cash or have a mortgage.

by Anonymousreply 109April 23, 2019 10:40 AM

I heard they went to George Clooney's charity dinner or something a couple years ago. It's like 150k per person or something like that, donate to the charity. Both of them went. So that alone is 300k, and they did all kinds of other charity. So 1 million per year is possible.

by Anonymousreply 110April 23, 2019 7:42 PM

R110 it's not out of the relam of possibility but I doubt it's as high as 1 million per year. He's probably made a decent amount over his career so far, as well as Simon, but equally, he hasn't been in big studio film in 3 years now and it's been nearly two years since The Last Tycoon. He's done a few indie films which pay absolutely nothing and Broadway is significantly lower than TV/film. He's probably get to good money for Doom Patrol and The Sinner though so it most likely balance out.

He gives a lot to charity so it doesn't really matter how much it is that he gives. Just think it's unlikely that's it's 1 million per year.

by Anonymousreply 111April 23, 2019 8:33 PM

ROFL you think he's getting good money for Doom Patrol and the Sinner?

by Anonymousreply 112April 23, 2019 8:41 PM

Rich people invest and get richer. They’re not tied to their salaries.

by Anonymousreply 113April 23, 2019 9:04 PM

He paid in cash for the home.

R113, truly. Consider both have worked for decades with Simon being corporate (at Warner Brothers and McDonalds long before his current job) for years before this. It'd be odd to think they only have what they made that year because they certainly spend more than they have made that year every year.

No one will ever truly know but them. They could have just as easily invested their money in something 10 years ago that's still paying out now.

Even Rob Lowe, despite his scandals, years ago had enough money to buy into Miramax for around 660 million with his group of investors. A few years later it sold for around 1 billion and no one knew any of this until Lowe said it in an interview and then people finally went back and checked. That's just one out of many things he put his money in.

by Anonymousreply 114April 24, 2019 1:14 AM

If he can gave away that amount of money to charity, it means he earns way more than that....

by Anonymousreply 115April 24, 2019 4:29 AM

I am happy he is living a good life and financially very well!

by Anonymousreply 116April 24, 2019 4:30 AM

If he really does give away that much per year, then he must have made some solid investments over the years because no way would his recent body of work afford him the luxury of doing that.

by Anonymousreply 117April 24, 2019 4:42 AM

Kathy Griffin bought her home for 10.5 million with no mortgage and paid in cash. She claims she has made between 3 & 10 million a year since 1996 back when she was a supporting actress on Suddenly Susan.

She also said on Michael Ian Black's podcast that she has at least 32 million saved and is worth about 35 million not counting her assets.

While she's a bit older at 58, she's always saved, worked yearly and invested but also doesn't just make money from doing standup. She has other things going on.

by Anonymousreply 118April 24, 2019 6:12 AM

r112 you don't?

by Anonymousreply 119April 24, 2019 6:49 AM

R118 why would you compare him to Kathy Griffin? They have such different careers. She has a vast body of work that Matt doesn't have so it's hardly an accurate comparison.

by Anonymousreply 120April 24, 2019 12:13 PM

One can make milions and end up broke like Johny Deep, and one can make significantly less and earn by saving and investing. They seem to be doing fine, I am sure they can count and balance Matt's indie movies with money from other sources.

by Anonymousreply 121April 24, 2019 12:20 PM

You all think Matt makes more than Simon?

by Anonymousreply 122April 24, 2019 6:22 PM

Mr Peabody would make half a million annually max, but probably much less than that since apparently his clients won't stop leaving him.

Duckling has not had a lead role on a series in a few years, I have no idea how much he is making now.

by Anonymousreply 123April 24, 2019 6:27 PM

I imagine Mr Peabody's salary is more or less wiped out by private school for three children and nanny salary.

by Anonymousreply 124April 24, 2019 6:28 PM

Poor Matty, he has to work hard to support Simon and the kids...

by Anonymousreply 125April 24, 2019 6:35 PM

R125 Poor Matty wouldn't have the career he has now if it weren't for Simon lol two out of his next three jobs are of a direct result of Simon (who knows if Simon had any involvement in The Sinner). His last two non-Simon roles have been indie films.

Simon obviously had enough money in the bank if he was planning on going through the surrogacy process multiple times and have kids.

by Anonymousreply 126April 24, 2019 6:47 PM

Simon's dad is rich.

by Anonymousreply 127April 24, 2019 6:54 PM

Mr Peabody was never that rich, the last house was in a shitty neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 128April 24, 2019 6:55 PM

The Sinner he probably got from working with Bill Pullman on Walking Out.

by Anonymousreply 129April 24, 2019 6:56 PM

Matt was never looking for money or fame from Simon. He love Simon, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 130April 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Duckling was well aware when he met Simon that a duckling would only make it so far in Hollywood without Father Duck figure to protect him from running headfirst into traffic.

Mr Peabody probably found the duckling act cute for a while but never expected he would be nearing sixty and still protecting a 40 year old duckling.

by Anonymousreply 131April 24, 2019 7:08 PM

>>why would you compare him to Kathy Griffin? They have such different careers. She has a vast body of work that Matt doesn't have so it's hardly an accurate comparison.

R120, actually I think Kathy is a good example. as per the age listing in R118, it was pointed out that she's older.

She's been doing standup for years but aside from that they're both actors who have done a lot of television too. And she wasn't making a lot of money from just doing that (since no one knew who she was) and doing bit parts.

Kathy never fails to talk about her finances if you ask her so that information is out there. We don't know that about many people but we know that about her. She knows how to save and invest.

I'm sure he does too

by Anonymousreply 132April 24, 2019 7:14 PM

Why the fuck are people calling him "duckling"?

by Anonymousreply 133April 24, 2019 7:16 PM

beauty without flaws is boring

by Anonymousreply 134April 24, 2019 7:20 PM

There is just that one person here keeps calling him duckling. I think he secretly loves Matt.

by Anonymousreply 135April 24, 2019 7:26 PM

Lo-Fat Vanilla Yogurt--PART 879

by Anonymousreply 136April 24, 2019 7:29 PM

R132 but Matt doesn't have the same body of work she does. She's done tv, presenting, numerous stand-up specials, worldwide stand up tours and albums. That all adds up money wise. If you looked at her work credits she's done so much over her career. Such a weird comparison but ok, I see what they were trying to say.

R129 Bill Pullman isn't a producer on the Sinner so don't know how that would have influenced Matt getting a role in the show a few years later. The producer of Walking Out is Simon's client.

Simon's dad was the head of some department in USC Medical School. Hardly a billionaire. But if Simon went through the surrogacy process three times then he clearly had enough in the bank.

by Anonymousreply 137April 24, 2019 7:31 PM

Bryan Lourd also has more money than God, he could have helped him with the surrogacy costs.

by Anonymousreply 138April 24, 2019 7:32 PM

If Simon has that many connection, why he didn't get Matt better roles!!

by Anonymousreply 139April 24, 2019 7:33 PM

Wish Matt was in X men or something like that if not Marvel.

by Anonymousreply 140April 24, 2019 7:33 PM

He IS, dumbass!

by Anonymousreply 141April 24, 2019 7:34 PM

[quote]If Simon has that many connection, why he didn't get Matt better roles!!

Because he is Duckling. You can only go so far in Hollywood as a large, scared duckling.

by Anonymousreply 142April 24, 2019 7:47 PM

Why you call him duckling? Not puppy or kitten or chicken or any other baby animals.....? And what is Mr Peabody?

by Anonymousreply 143April 24, 2019 8:25 PM

Matt has a significant body of work esp tv shows to getting a sizable royalty checks. Recently Hulu bought White Collar. He also comes across as quite clever and likely has great investments. Also a fairly simple lifestyle compared to a typical Hollywoodian

by Anonymousreply 144April 24, 2019 8:37 PM

When Hulu bought White Collar, does he get some money from that?

by Anonymousreply 145April 24, 2019 9:10 PM

He would get residuals from anything that is rebroadcast

However everyone knows that residuals are not serious money unless you are in a juggernaut like Friends or SVU

by Anonymousreply 146April 24, 2019 9:18 PM

Matt has beautiful hair.

by Anonymousreply 147April 24, 2019 9:27 PM

If he was smart, he would have invested/saved his White Collar money. He has a producer credit for the last three seasons on that show so the residuals are probably a little higher for him in that case but nothing to write home about.

If he can afford to do multiple indie films then clearly he has enough in the bank to be comfortable and still donate to charities.

by Anonymousreply 148April 25, 2019 3:47 AM

r131 I actually think he would have made it further in Hollywood if he had not met Simon and come out. (I love that he did, but coming out did not do his career any favors.)

He is hot and he can act. The only reason that I can think of for him not having a higher profile is that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 149April 25, 2019 3:52 AM

[R149] I agree with you completely!

by Anonymousreply 150April 25, 2019 4:41 AM

R148, I'm sure he's just fine.

R149, Being hot is helpful but making it is a combination of being in the right place, at the right time, having the right skills, having the right connections and getting the right opportunities. He's gay. I'm sure that hurt his career but he's the most successful gay actor overall right now and has had a longer and more varied career than any.

By successful, so people don't nitpick, it's a combination of his consistency with being able to find work + recognizably. Quinto might have made more money but Bomer has worked more often and is more recognizable.

by Anonymousreply 151April 25, 2019 4:43 AM

Negress please.

by Anonymousreply 152April 25, 2019 10:12 AM

I think he deserves everything he has got. He is so dedicated and professional, he has been grateful for all the jobs he has got, plus he is gorgeous. I think it he didn't come out, he would be more successful in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 153April 25, 2019 3:37 PM

R152 Ben Whishaw seems to be doing even better, and seems to be able to tap into bugger variety of roles, maybe it has to do with the fact he wirks mainly in UK.

by Anonymousreply 154April 25, 2019 3:40 PM

There are many very handsome but somewhat bland straight actors in Hollywood, straightness is no guarantee of success. Look at Jamie Dornan, his career hasn't taken off.

Duckling simply lacks the extra pizzazz that separates real stars from regular actors.

by Anonymousreply 155April 25, 2019 3:42 PM

Why don't we go to the "Ben Wishaw" threads and discuss him. Oh, wait.

No one cares who he is outside of the UK.

You keep talking to the troll, so I'm going to assume you are one R154.

by Anonymousreply 156April 25, 2019 3:49 PM

He seems more feminine than when he was in white collar. Not the look but the personality or something.

by Anonymousreply 157April 25, 2019 6:30 PM

Maybe he butched it up in those days.

by Anonymousreply 158April 25, 2019 6:33 PM

He definitely put on a front during White Collar. He was very much in 'straight Matt" mode during media appearances for a number of years until about 2017 or around that time. Fans are probably seeing his true personality now in comparison to his early career.

Although if you watch the blooper reels from the show he was always very comical and theatric. He just his during interviews and public appearances

by Anonymousreply 159April 25, 2019 6:46 PM

He really let it out during that SAG/AFTRA interview and you could sort of see it during the behind the scenes footage from when he directed Versace.

by Anonymousreply 160April 25, 2019 8:02 PM

Maybe Simon also treats him like a princess for all the years.

by Anonymousreply 161April 25, 2019 8:36 PM

The story in Doom Patrol is beautiful and nicely shot. He and the other actor did great job. And so many making out scenes.

by Anonymousreply 162April 26, 2019 12:03 PM

It's a shame Doom Patrol is on a new streaming service-it isn't getting the attention it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 163April 27, 2019 8:02 AM

He looked damn sexy in the last episode - I like when he lets his age show.

by Anonymousreply 164April 27, 2019 5:21 PM

Matt is doing such incredible work on Doom Patrol. What doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves is the seamless collaboration between him and Matthew Zuk, who plays the bandaged Larry. To have the voice work line up so perfectly with live action is really a testament to how good their collaboration is. Larry’s story may be the most important and powerful portrayal of a complex and mature exploration of a gay character to come along in a long time. I hope more people get to see Doom Patrol and Matt’s wonderful performance.

by Anonymousreply 165April 27, 2019 11:53 PM

I'm sure once the season ends they'll announce where else it will stream internationally like they did with Titans.

Matthew Zuk isn't that bad himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166April 28, 2019 12:51 AM

Zuk is doing an amazing job as Negative Man. Despite being wrapped in bandages his character is super expressive.

by Anonymousreply 167April 28, 2019 1:52 AM

He's alright ^^ R166

by Anonymousreply 168April 28, 2019 3:06 AM

He was sexy as hell in that sex scene. He has great body. The actor did John was hot too.

by Anonymousreply 169April 28, 2019 4:44 AM

The scene was well lit R169 and masterfully shot.

Overall it was pretty tame. It fits the time period.

They didn't let either of them stand around, shirtless, unobstructed (lots of arm placements) which is pretty funny when you notice it. Very different from his White Collar days. It's also a nice reminder of how choreographed these scenes are.

The reddit reaction was positive to Larry's story. People suspect next season Larry will go make peace with his kids. I'm looking forward to next season's flashbacks.

R165, it's great that they came up with a whole new way of doing it. They said Matt does a scratch track. Then they shoot the scene. Then Matt comes back and does it all again.

by Anonymousreply 170April 28, 2019 7:52 AM

R170 that's interesting, where did you hear that? I was just wondering how they coordinated because when you see Zuk's mouth moving beneath the bandages it matches exacty with Bomer's voice. Zuk is really doing a great job. I'm very impressed with the quality of the show, it's so much better than what I was expecting.

by Anonymousreply 171April 28, 2019 12:19 PM

Didn't I read on here that Matt Bomer is fucking women on the side these days?

by Anonymousreply 172April 28, 2019 12:23 PM

What the fuck R172 No. Just, no.

by Anonymousreply 173April 28, 2019 1:07 PM

I read he's bi now?

by Anonymousreply 174April 28, 2019 1:09 PM

R174 where? Lol

by Anonymousreply 175April 28, 2019 1:52 PM

I want some of what you've been smoking R174

by Anonymousreply 176April 28, 2019 2:00 PM

I see they get WiFi at JoAnne’s Fabrics now

by Anonymousreply 177April 28, 2019 2:01 PM

Is he filming The Sinner now?

by Anonymousreply 178April 28, 2019 4:26 PM

Wasn't there a thread about a blind item a few months ago? About him sleeping around with women

by Anonymousreply 179April 28, 2019 4:38 PM

No. There wasn’t. And you know that.

by Anonymousreply 180April 28, 2019 4:46 PM

The only woman he has slept around with is Andrew Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 181April 28, 2019 4:47 PM

R171, Both Matt and Brendan have said it in interviews separately. Brendan just did one and said it again. Sometimes the actors Zuk and Shanahan are also with them when they're recording the lines so they can watch.

During the last reddit AMA that just happened, one of the crew members revealed that both Matt and Brendan are sometimes on set while the scenes are being shot and they record their lines live off to the side of the scene.

So while Matthew Zuk shoots the scene in costume, sometimes Matt is there also speaking out of frame into a microphone so they can match the sound of the environment and I guess mouth movements and expressions. It's genius.

I guess, besides recording the scenes where he is in makeup and in flashbacks, that's why he's needed down there in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 182April 28, 2019 4:54 PM

I don't believe he would sleep with women.....He seems so gay now.

by Anonymousreply 183April 28, 2019 5:09 PM

[quote]Didn't I read on here that Matt Bomer is fucking women on the side these days?

Take everything you hear here with a grain of salt, especially from this thread without a source and a description that definitely doesn't fit Simon as a "ne'er do well husband."

Complete bullshit that people dismissed at him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 28, 2019 5:16 PM

He seems a total bottom

by Anonymousreply 185April 28, 2019 5:29 PM

I'm sure there was a blind item about a gay power couple one of whom was cheating on another with women. And someone said it was Bomer

by Anonymousreply 186April 28, 2019 5:32 PM

R186 link? The thread that R184 referenced doesn't have a source so that's pretty suspect.

by Anonymousreply 187April 28, 2019 5:40 PM

I think Simon has a higher chance sleep with women...if either of them sleep with women

by Anonymousreply 188April 28, 2019 6:01 PM

I like he just let his forehead wrinkles stay there instead of doing botox.

by Anonymousreply 189April 28, 2019 7:20 PM

Yep R189 in his last scene in Doom Patrol I think he looks his age and that suits him. Also he is rocking that salt and pepper beard in Vulture Club.

by Anonymousreply 190April 28, 2019 7:54 PM

Thanks R182

by Anonymousreply 191April 28, 2019 7:57 PM

R189, they've been there for a quite a while. They usually just get airbrushed out when he does photo shoots but you could see them in person even under his makeup.

I've always felt as he gets more mature he'll get better and better roles.

I remember how many of us liked it when he was "roughed up" a bit in the Todd Snyder shoot. I think the rest of America will too. I'm sure we'll see that in The Sinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 28, 2019 8:06 PM

Matt just posted this family picture on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 28, 2019 9:14 PM

Kit is so tall. Full on teenager

by Anonymousreply 194April 28, 2019 9:16 PM

Beautiful family!! Looks like he is spending time with Simon and the kids.

by Anonymousreply 195April 28, 2019 9:16 PM

Holy crap, Walker is going to be the next DiCaprio. He could be hugely famous before he even turns 18.

I pet Mr Peabody thrashes in his sleep when he thinks about how famous he will be!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 28, 2019 9:45 PM

I wonder if Mr Peabody has lipsynched to this in the mirror yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 28, 2019 9:56 PM

They are all really beautiful! Really tall! The kids are going to be taller than Matt!

by Anonymousreply 198April 28, 2019 10:04 PM

Matt has said in a interview he would not let their kids into the industry before they are 18, so I doubt we will see either of them on screen soon.

by Anonymousreply 199April 28, 2019 10:07 PM

Simon is wearing the shoes that Matt said the least fashion thing man should wear.

by Anonymousreply 200April 28, 2019 10:12 PM

[quote]Matt has said in a interview he would not let their kids into the industry before they are 18, so I doubt we will see either of them on screen soon.

Oh honey. No one is going to ask the other two to be on screen.

And Mr Peabody would stick his heart into Duckling’s chest, pull it out and eat it à la Temple of Doom if he stood between Walker and a movie deal.

by Anonymousreply 201April 28, 2019 10:42 PM

Ugh, stick his hand and pull out his heart

by Anonymousreply 202April 28, 2019 10:43 PM

Anyway Duckling is a barely there parent, Mr Peabody could probably out Walker on Riverdale and Duckling wouldn’t notice.

by Anonymousreply 203April 28, 2019 10:46 PM

Why does Matt always look like someone is shining a flashlight in his eyes?

Has he figured out what two plus two equals yet?

by Anonymousreply 204April 28, 2019 11:11 PM

He looks great in this pic

by Anonymousreply 205April 29, 2019 2:42 AM

R204 I know, he often does that “deer in the headlights” stare, not sure what it’s about but I know someone who does that involuntarily on most of his pics too.

by Anonymousreply 206April 29, 2019 2:51 AM

The boys' birth mother must be gorgeous because those kids are all such little studs.

by Anonymousreply 207April 29, 2019 11:28 AM

R200 and Simon wore them on their first date and frequently in casual situations since. Telling

by Anonymousreply 208April 29, 2019 11:34 AM

Peabody Jr. clearly has a different mother than Peabody III. They look nothing alike.

Although I still think Bozzi used the same donor for his daughter as Peabody did for his eldest.

by Anonymousreply 209April 29, 2019 11:52 AM

R209 there's no way Bruce and Simon used the same donor. Of all the possible donors you think that would a. coincidentally happen b. be okay with either of them? definitely not lol. Also, it's obvious all of the kids have the same parents. Walker couldn't have a different mother without Henry having a different one too, and Henry clearly has the same mother as Kit so that's a reach. "Peabody III" is just blonder than the rest.

by Anonymousreply 210April 29, 2019 11:58 AM

[quote]there's no way Bruce and Simon used the same donor. Of all the possible donors you think that would a. coincidentally happen b. be okay with either of them?

Well I hate to bring this up since it's kind of grizzly but

Bozzi and Halls have known each other for years, they each had kids around the same time, they probably didn't know if they would have more, so choosing the same egg donor for both their kids would have been a smart decision in case, um, one of the kids needed an organ down the road.

by Anonymousreply 211April 29, 2019 12:06 PM

And Peabody III is Henry, not Walker. Walker is not a Peabody.

by Anonymousreply 212April 29, 2019 12:07 PM

R211 Such stupid logic to be honest, as if they would want their kids to be technically siblings. There's no shortage of surrogates, and both of them have enough money to afford their own. You're making stuff up, and what's more is Bruce's daughter looks nothing like any of the Halls kids so yikes lol.

by Anonymousreply 213April 29, 2019 1:33 PM

[quote]There's no shortage of surrogates,

Of course there is not shortage of rent-a-wombs. But the egg donor and surrogate were probably different people.

However it's not like there are tons of good egg donors out there. Maybe they found a really good one.

LBH this is a highly unnatural process. I think choosing a same egg donor is actually comforting given the children will never know the mother.

by Anonymousreply 214April 29, 2019 1:40 PM

And Bruce's daughter is only related to the oldest Halls, the other two clearly have a different donor than Peabody Jr.

by Anonymousreply 215April 29, 2019 1:42 PM

R215 alriiight, and that's enough crazy for one day. OBVIOUSLY no one is related to anyone except for the boys to one another, but even if they were it's really not your business and your random speculations would be a shot in the dark so let's just drop it.

by Anonymousreply 216April 29, 2019 1:53 PM

I don't think Kit is technically related to Walker.

by Anonymousreply 217April 29, 2019 1:56 PM

Kit is so talk! Matt might end up being the shortest in the family!

by Anonymousreply 218April 29, 2019 4:44 PM

Does Matt have a fetish for older hairy man or he just happens to love Simon?

by Anonymousreply 219April 29, 2019 4:45 PM

R219 You have definitely come to the right place with that question, because this is FETISH CENTRAL for the trolls that have inhabited these threads for years. If ever there were a fetish of a man and his family, this is it. It's way beyond creepy the fixation, devotion and excitement over the years they have maintained. It's also really ironic and a little sad, the one troll's incessant reference to Matt as a ducking, when it's the troll who has clearly imprinted onto Matt. It follows Matt wherever he goes, glommed onto every tid bit of info, when not making up stuff to entertain and arouse itself. Ugh.....

by Anonymousreply 220April 29, 2019 6:00 PM

Matt has a Father Duck fetish. He would only be with older man who is Father Duck to him.

by Anonymousreply 221April 29, 2019 6:02 PM

R220, I hopped on an old thread from 2011 thanks to Google one day and I was shocked to find that the troll was still here even back then posting up a storm with "duckling" this and that.

The only difference was that the posters were nearly all gay men back then, who have long left these threads since their interest in Matt declined when they discovered he is nice but pretty boring, and whenever the troll posted every single one of them told the troll to go to hell.

That trend should never have stopped.

by Anonymousreply 222April 29, 2019 6:51 PM

Don't be foolish, I don't think I started using Duckling until 2015 or 2016.

by Anonymousreply 223April 29, 2019 6:53 PM

Please don't be proud of that. You've been using it more than five minutes, that's too long.

by Anonymousreply 224April 29, 2019 7:17 PM

So, to change the subject ... Matt seems to be on a bit of break now?

by Anonymousreply 225April 29, 2019 8:05 PM

R 220 you made me lol. The troll has imprinted onto Bomer lmao. Given it’s life some meaning. DL social service for the scum

by Anonymousreply 226April 29, 2019 8:19 PM

People are REALLY invested in this family's life. How weird and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 227April 29, 2019 10:24 PM

Well the troll is in a dilemma. By imprinting on a human, in this case Matt, it’s divorced from its species...trolls. It’s impossible to be human and other trolls don’t accept it. So it can’t move on, forever frozen in tedious rants, talking to itself and mind numbing blather, while trailing behind Matt hoping for a scrap of attention. Quackery.

by Anonymousreply 228April 29, 2019 11:07 PM

I laughed at "I've only been using it since 2015" as if 4 years isn't 4 desperate, pathetic years too long.

by Anonymousreply 229April 30, 2019 12:03 AM

This is the "Matt Bomer" thread not the "psycho troll who won't stop making up stuff and talking about him" thread.

When you talk to it, it just talks more. It doesn't make it go away. That's not how you deal with trolls.

Just grey line it to oblivion and move on.

[quote]So, to change the subject ... Matt seems to be on a bit of break now?

Yes, and he deserves it. He's also going to be mostly gone the second half of the year in NY and Atlanta for other projects so it makes sense that he'd actually spend time with the kids now for more than a week for once.

by Anonymousreply 230April 30, 2019 12:16 AM

The duckling troll is just in love with Matt, that's it'

by Anonymousreply 231April 30, 2019 4:04 AM

Looks like he's on a break or even working on a small project/preparing for a role. He didn't go to that Newport Film Festival for Papi Chill with John Butler or Alejandro probably due to family/work commitments.

by Anonymousreply 232April 30, 2019 4:52 AM

Is Papi Chill ever going to be in Theater? When can we see it in US?

by Anonymousreply 233April 30, 2019 12:55 PM

The Boys in the Band was nominated for a Tony for Best Revival of a Play, which was expected.

However, Robin De Jesus was nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role.

He was the only cast member who got consistently great reviews from reviewers.

All that star power and he was the one that stole the show and got the nomination. Congrats to him!

by Anonymousreply 234April 30, 2019 1:32 PM

Truly, anyone who saw the play knows Robin De Jesus deserves it! Happy for him.

by Anonymousreply 235April 30, 2019 3:43 PM

Matt's acting skill is getting better and better

by Anonymousreply 236April 30, 2019 8:30 PM

Papi Chulo is being released in 40 locations in the US from 7th June. That's according to John Butler.

by Anonymousreply 237April 30, 2019 9:10 PM

R236 "Matt's acting skill is getting better and better"

OFCS Review

"Written and directed by John Butler, Papi Chulo follows Matt Bomer’s Sean, a local weatherman, as he’s forced to take time off work after an on-air meltdown – with the narrative detailing Sean’s subsequent (and ongoing) efforts at befriending a day laborer (Alejandro Patiño’s Ernesto) hired to paint his deck. Filmmaker Butler delivers a deliberately-paced yet consistently engrossing story that’s never quite as predictable and routine as the premise might’ve indicated, with the movie benefiting substantially from Bomer’s thoroughly impressive (and often heartbreaking) turn as the lonely protagonist (and it’s clear, too, that the palpable chemistry between Bomer and Patiño’s respective characters goes a long way towards perpetuating the compelling vibe). There’s little doubt, as well, that Butler does a superb job of handling the picture’s various shifts in tone, as Papi Chulo‘s lighthearted, genuinely funny first half eventually gives way to something far more affecting and emotional – with the impact of the movie’s third act heightened by a few unexpected revelations (including one that forces the viewer to reframe most of what they’ve just seen). The end result is a better-than-expected dramedy that boasts a seriously striking lead performance, and it’s certainly difficult to easily recall a more earnestly engaging portrait of a man in deep psychological distress."

by Anonymousreply 238May 1, 2019 2:03 PM

Can't wait to see Papi Chulo!!

by Anonymousreply 239May 1, 2019 6:41 PM

So do you think Matt tried it on with Pete?

by Anonymousreply 240May 1, 2019 6:45 PM

What is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 241May 2, 2019 4:03 AM

Anyone hear anything about the panel Simon was speaking at? Any good?

by Anonymousreply 242May 5, 2019 8:45 AM

I can't believe how Simon looked. Kudos to him for being confident in his own skin- that's all that really matters, but I was shocked by how grey he got. Seriously his hair is whiter than Anderson Coopers. Since the last time I saw pictures of him, he has seemingly aged A LOT in the face.

by Anonymousreply 243May 5, 2019 1:07 PM

Mr Peabody is almost sixty and basically raising three boys by himself while his husband flaunts his affairs. I’m surprised he doesn’t look worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 5, 2019 1:12 PM

Kevin Huvane (grey suit) is actually four years older than Peabody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 5, 2019 1:17 PM

R245 Kevin Huvane clearly had had work done and dyes his hair. Simon looks like he couldn't be bothered trying to stay young at all. I mean he is 55 years old after all. Having kids in his 40s must have accelerated his aging process

by Anonymousreply 246May 5, 2019 1:24 PM

Three kids and one oddly childlike husband.

by Anonymousreply 247May 5, 2019 1:26 PM

The age difference between Simon and Matt is so obvious because Simon is just aging normally while Matt spends a lot of time and money to stay looking as young as possible.

by Anonymousreply 248May 5, 2019 1:29 PM

Simon is really tall! He looks like a sexy daddy!

by Anonymousreply 249May 5, 2019 1:30 PM

Tall and broad frame. He certainly has that on his side

by Anonymousreply 250May 5, 2019 2:16 PM

I don't find Simon sexy at all. The man is old and average, can't believe Matt is into that. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 251May 5, 2019 3:23 PM

Is there a vid of this panel anywhere? Topic seems interesting.

by Anonymousreply 252May 5, 2019 4:52 PM

[quote]I don't find Simon sexy at all. The man is old and average, can't believe Matt is into that. Ew.

Good thing he'd never fuck you R251. He's too busy working with famous people and speaking at events because he actually bothered to make something of his life. He's being asked to give his views on the industry and you're at home writing about him.

[quote]The age difference between Simon and Matt is so obvious because Simon is just aging normally while Matt spends a lot of time and money to stay looking as young as possible.

Matt is handsome and works on his face and body but he is clearly aging too. It's not Simon's job to look like Matt. It is Matt's job to look a certain way.

It's upsetting (not at you R248) that there are some people who think he should leave his husband just because he doesn't want to get shit injected into his face, have it scraped every few weeks and have it pulled as tight as a drum. That's not why you marry someone. Some of their friends who have had surgery clearly look like they have surgery face. Even though Matt "takes care" of his face is isn't taking care of everything as evidenced by his close ups on Doom Patrol. You do too much you end up looking like Rupert Everett.

by Anonymousreply 253May 5, 2019 5:37 PM

R253 yes Matt spends time and money on looking young because that's his job. He has to look good on camera. Honestly, why would Simon bother getting work done? He only occasionally does a red carpet with Matt and is rarely in the spotlight. It's expensive and tiresome to stay looking young-why bother doing it when it's not necessary?

by Anonymousreply 254May 5, 2019 5:47 PM

I don't know why people are so offended by Simon's looks. Is it a sin to look your own age? He's got a good body and I find him very handsome. He's the kind of guy who will probably still look good at 70. More importantly, he seems confortable in his own skin, and that's attractive too.

by Anonymousreply 255May 5, 2019 6:17 PM

R255 For some inexplicable reason, some people seem to take great offence at the fact Matt is with someone who is older and not as "hot" as he is. If someone is comfortable in their own skin then that can be incredibly attractive for some.

It would be interesting to learn more about Simon. He seems like a fascinating person. From bits and pieces that were posted here and online, he did appear to lose a few close people in his life. His friend died of ALS and then his sister passed away a few months later. He also revealed in that surrogacy interview that his surrogate miscarried at 17 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 256May 5, 2019 6:45 PM

r256 I didn't know his sister died, do you know anything more about that?

by Anonymousreply 257May 6, 2019 11:18 AM

Is OP’s photo real or a Madame Tussaud wax figure?

by Anonymousreply 258May 6, 2019 11:39 AM

R257 someone posted his mother's obituary here before which stated that his sister had passed away (I think someone posted his sister's obit too which said she passed in 2004). Matt did that Stand Up to Cancer event before where he mentioned some person called Chuck and then Katy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259May 6, 2019 1:10 PM

r259 thanks

by Anonymousreply 260May 6, 2019 4:20 PM

I'm not R251 but I think it is just ridiculous R253 to attack someone like that because he doesn't find Halls attractive. I also think Halls is very unattractive and creepy looking and I think they are a weird couple. And it's not just the age difference or that Halls is looking his age. He wasn't good looking in his 40s and at 55 already looks like he is closer to 70 than 60. He is and always was a very average looking man and there is nothing remotely interesting about him.

And I really don't care if this grandpa wants to fuck me or if he has a better job or more money. He is still an unattractive man I do not care about at all.

by Anonymousreply 261May 6, 2019 4:50 PM

You cared enough to write a paragraph about it!

You really thought you did something there, didn't you R261.

Congrats at being superficial as hell & feeling like you needed to tell everyone about it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 6, 2019 4:54 PM

R261 for someone you don't care about you cared enough to write an angry paragraph about him lol

by Anonymousreply 263May 6, 2019 4:57 PM

Yes R262, that's what message boards are for. Happily taking the time again to share my opinion that Halls is still an unattractive old man.

by Anonymousreply 264May 6, 2019 5:00 PM

R264 you ok hun?

by Anonymousreply 265May 6, 2019 5:07 PM

But r264 - no one cares about your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 266May 6, 2019 5:23 PM

R266 I feel the same about yours and you still post here.

by Anonymousreply 267May 6, 2019 5:26 PM

what a fraufest!

by Anonymousreply 268May 6, 2019 5:50 PM

They've split up. Happened during The Boys In The Band. A third party was involved. Simon only kept visiting so the kids could spend time with Matt. They're trying to keep things civil for the kids' sake. Expect an announcement very soon. As in this week. Simon has moved on. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 269May 6, 2019 5:55 PM

Oh please Mr Peabody probably cheats on him constantly. I remember when Colton Haynes could "suddently" afford a publicist.

by Anonymousreply 270May 6, 2019 6:13 PM

R259 Didn't know that, it's actually pretty sad.

by Anonymousreply 271May 6, 2019 6:28 PM

R271 It's what happens when the outside world puts so much pressure on you as being the "perfect" couple. That and having obsessed fans stalking your every movement. It's bound to cause tension.

by Anonymousreply 272May 6, 2019 6:30 PM

R272 I think R271 was referring to the post about his late sister, not their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 273May 6, 2019 6:39 PM

Correct, R273

by Anonymousreply 274May 6, 2019 6:43 PM

Now you all have gone and triggered the Halls stalker. Most of the jibes at Matt are because of the stalkers pathological hatred of Simon. Matt's just collateral damage. It's somewhere fapping itself raw right now.

by Anonymousreply 275May 6, 2019 7:15 PM

r269 so they have pretended to be together for a year? Because of the kids?

by Anonymousreply 276May 6, 2019 7:55 PM

Please, please, do not engage R276.

by Anonymousreply 277May 6, 2019 7:57 PM

What R277 said.

by Anonymousreply 278May 6, 2019 8:36 PM

Simon is unattractive and creepy looking, he had connections and some sort of power and he is a family man. Good enough for Matt.

by Anonymousreply 279May 6, 2019 8:39 PM

R277, R278 According to the conventional wisdom of the internet, there’s one simple guideline for responding to trolls: don’t feed them. Ignore them, don’t react to them, don’t give them the attention they want. The premise of “don’t feed the trolls” implies that if you ignore a troll, they will inevitably get bored or say, “Oh, you didn’t nibble at my bait? Good play, sir!” and tip their cap and go on their way. Ask Zuckerberg or anyone on social media now, how that advice has worked out for them.

The ass hat who inhabits every Matt Bomer thread on DL and elsewhere has been on these threads for years.....years. The majority of threads are started by it. Probably this one was started by it. It slithers around other treads hoping for a mention of Bomer to make it's predictably lame comments. You can ignore it, shout at it, attack it ….. doesn't matter. It's not going anywhere. It really doesn't matter what the troll's motivation is at this point; whether it's to abuse, get attention, feel in control or make a joke. It's wallpaper. Sometimes now I get a good laugh from it, because what started out to be a mocking of Bomer and to make him the butt of its jokes, has resulted in the troll being the biggest joke of all.

by Anonymousreply 280May 6, 2019 10:31 PM

Halls was quite handsome when him and Matt met. People change with age. Most couples stay together no matter the attractiveness. There’s a bond that keeps most couple that stay together. They obviously have one

by Anonymousreply 281May 6, 2019 11:00 PM

[quote]The majority of threads are started by it. Probably this one was started by it.

Let's make something clear R280, lol. I started the last 4 threads. I try and make the titles rhyme now but that's me.

The troll starts any other random threads where it can try and get people to say negative things about Matt.

And everything else you've said it correct. Thank you for writing that.

by Anonymousreply 282May 7, 2019 2:57 AM

Matt's been quiet-ish on social media the last week. Do you think he's working on something/prepping for a role or just taking a break from social media?

by Anonymousreply 283May 7, 2019 3:04 AM

Did everyone see the trailer for Papi Chulo. It was cute! Sometimes Matt comes across as very two dimensional to me in terms of acting, but this showed more range and made me excited. I'm super interested in seeing the movie.

Also the "cute couple" quip at the end made me actually LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 7, 2019 3:11 AM

[quote]Do you think he's working on something/prepping for a role or just taking a break from social media?

His husband was out of town for a few days. He posted last Monday. He didn't like tweets when Simon was out of town. He skipped a couple of other days.

I'd imagine he spending time with the kids since he's about to go do three projects.

He's his usual level of active when he has nothing to promote but I'm sure he'll post the Papi Chulo trailer once he can get it on Youtube and/or a video of it on Instagram when he gets a copy.

by Anonymousreply 285May 7, 2019 3:39 AM

We've been waiting forever for that trailer! Thank you R284, it looks delightful!

by Anonymousreply 286May 7, 2019 3:40 AM

R285 yeah he's usually a bit more active on IG but he's been quiet the last week. Maybe he is just taking a break before starting all his projects.

He's very good in Papi Chulo. It's a type of role he's never really done before but he's excellent in it. Really showcases his range. How he portrays his character's vulnerability is very impressive. It's a lovely movie.

by Anonymousreply 287May 7, 2019 3:43 AM

Wow! That is one cheap looking TV station set!

by Anonymousreply 288May 7, 2019 10:06 AM

Matt's fan base is incredibly supportive. He's been nominated for the Broadway Audience Choice award for TBITB.

by Anonymousreply 289May 8, 2019 2:21 PM

R289 it's nice that he got recognition for the play. He did a good job. His character in the second half of the play really slips into the background but he played the part very well.

Looks like Papi Chulo will have a smallish release in the States. If it gets on Netflix like John Butler's last film that would be good. He's done some of his best work in Papi Chulo and Walking Out so it's a shame they are both smaller films that don't get the attention they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 290May 9, 2019 5:17 AM

I was watching an old clip of Matt and Simon doing speech in the GLSEN award. I thought Simon would be great at doing public speaking, but Matt actually did much better, he was really good at doing speech.

by Anonymousreply 291May 9, 2019 5:40 PM

R291 Matt's an actor who's classically trained to perform in front of people. It's not really surprising he's a good speaker. Simon's job is to stay in the background and organise stuff and rarely is in front of the camera. He spoke well from what I remember.

by Anonymousreply 292May 9, 2019 6:13 PM

Since Papi Chulo will have a smaller release, I wonder if he'll be doing any press for it....making his rounds on the late night shows.

by Anonymousreply 293May 9, 2019 7:36 PM

R293 he didn't do much for Walking Out from what I can remember. Was it Late Night With Conan that he did? He tweeted a fan that he was going to be on Ellen so it's most likely for Papi Chulo.

by Anonymousreply 294May 9, 2019 7:45 PM

There was a crazy fan on twitter asking him to post pic him with Oliver Munn, I was just thinking this fan was crazy, then Matt actually posted the pic on Instagram according to this fan's request...so he didn't notice these fans are actually crazy...?

by Anonymousreply 295May 9, 2019 8:19 PM

R295 ha perhaps he choses to ignore the more crazier aspects of some if his fans while still indulging them to an extent? Perhaps he just liked that photo of him at the Met Gala and thought it was a good throwback?

He had some pretty hardcore fans (some follow him across the world) so he probably knows some are a tad OTT. A like or response on social media is harmless enough.

by Anonymousreply 296May 9, 2019 8:40 PM

Only a handful of his fans are pathetically over the top, the rest of them are very normal.

by Anonymousreply 297May 9, 2019 9:46 PM

R295, The Met Gala was just a couple of days ago and it's Throwback Thursday. So it made perfect sense he'd post a photo.

It seems like he tries to do "something" on social media at the least once a week which is what you're supposed to do.

Also I noticed Simon responded with a heart eyes emoji. Aww!

by Anonymousreply 298May 9, 2019 11:01 PM

Simon said he is still taken by Matt as the first time met him~~

by Anonymousreply 299May 10, 2019 1:00 AM

Of course he is. I am too. Isn’t everyone?

by Anonymousreply 300May 10, 2019 2:46 AM

R297 well yes I was referring to only a handful of his obsessed stans who are par for the course in fandoms. The majority of his fans are perfectly fine.

by Anonymousreply 301May 10, 2019 4:51 AM

'Papi Chulo' won Audience Award at Newport Film Festival.

by Anonymousreply 302May 10, 2019 2:51 PM

Bomer really likes the Vietnamese fan that tweeted him, he even complied to his request to post the Met gala photo on Insta. Those obsessive, over the top fans must be seething with jealousy lmao

by Anonymousreply 303May 11, 2019 12:31 AM

The vietnamese fan seems kind crazy...posting his own selfies while tag Matt.

by Anonymousreply 304May 11, 2019 2:34 AM

Well, he got his attention...

by Anonymousreply 305May 11, 2019 2:41 AM

He really does seem to go out of his way for people from other countries like the woman that flew from another country to see him at BitB & brought him a gift.

She didn't even really speak English but he pulled her from behind the stands to take a pic with her multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 306May 11, 2019 3:28 AM

So are Matt & Doom Patrol going to boycott Atlanta now?

by Anonymousreply 307May 11, 2019 3:30 AM

R303 oh you just know some of his devoted female fans are fuming that he he's given that fan some attention. There's a few of them who seem to think he's there friend or they have a special connection with him.

I mean that guy is clearly obsessed too but I feel Matt probably just feels a little sorry for him. The tweet that Matt liked was actually incredibly sad. I felt bad for that person. At the end of the day, I doubt he spends time thinking about what fan post to like or not like on social social media-probably whatever he sees first or what grabs his attention.

Matt is always very gracious to fans that make an effort to travel long-distance to see his shows and films. To his credit, he had a lot of time for the fans who came to the stage door multiple times or who have travelled to the Papi Chulo festivals in numerous countries. Lot of other actors wouldn't do the same.

R307 if only the creators and producers of the show had the conviction to boycott Georgia. Plenty of other states they could film in that have similar tax breaks.

by Anonymousreply 308May 11, 2019 4:27 AM

"She didn't even really speak English but he pulled her from behind the stands to take a pic with her multiple times."

Wow! that was very nice of him!.

by Anonymousreply 309May 11, 2019 7:19 AM

R309 he always appears to make time for fans when he meets them and is very gracious. I think that's why its why some seem to get annoyed or depressed if he doesn't like their tweets or posts on social media as they think he should be as accommodating as he is online as he appears to be in real life

by Anonymousreply 310May 11, 2019 8:26 AM

There should be serious industry protest about the Georgia anti-abortion law, it worked previously re the antitrans toilet bill. And though the anti trans bill was nasty access to abortion is much more important

by Anonymousreply 311May 11, 2019 11:23 AM

R310, and people being jealous or acting up after when they don't get his attention is exactly why he stopped responding to most people on Twitter directly. I still remember that day that man told him that he got married and was upset Matt didn't respond prompting Matt to finally say that he can't respond to everyone. That guy was so angry. He seems to primarily just like tweets with the occasional comment especially if you've just met him or it's super relevant.

He followed me on there years ago and I've never @ed or messaged him. I couldn't imagine making an account and sending him multiple videos or being the first person under every one of his instagrams or tweets or otherwise being embarrassing.

R311, there should be. Sadly Matt's just an actor working on a bigger production and because he has a contract he just can't declare he won't do Doom Patrol. It looks bad if he does. Unless Greg Berlanti and DC decide not to shoot there he's stuck.

by Anonymousreply 312May 11, 2019 5:10 PM

R312 a lot of fans think they are owed his attention or lack the self awareness to realise that they are acting like lovestruck teenagers. Most of them are fine and are just run-of-the-mill fans but there's a few of Matt's fans that are definitely old enough to know better. Getting annoyed over whether he likes your posts or spending time tweeting him multiple times everyday in the hope that he notices you is just ridiculous. He appreciates his fans but only as fans. He's hardly going to make friends with them and develop a meaningful relationship with them. You see some of them spending ridiculous amounts of money going to different festivals across the world or going to award shows in the hope of getting to meet him for 40 seconds is just a bit much.

If only DC and Greg Berlanti took a stand and stop shooting there. Doubtful it will happen.

by Anonymousreply 313May 11, 2019 5:25 PM

Some fans complained on Twitter that he gives certain avid fans too much attention and actively tried to manipulate him a while back, saying they would donate to charity for every different person he liked. He pulled way back in liking anybody after that. I think some people may have started fundraisers in his name without his permission, too.

by Anonymousreply 314May 12, 2019 5:16 PM

R314 I don't get the jealously over the posts he likes? It's only a like or a reply-it doesn't mean anything. It's cool to get noticed by a celeb but it's doesn't mean you're suddenly in with that person. If someone is spamming him regularly than he's more than likely going to see their tweets/replies. I doubt he spends much time deliberating over what post to like lol

by Anonymousreply 315May 12, 2019 5:40 PM

He mostly likes people he knows and some of his long term devoted fans are kind of in that category.

by Anonymousreply 316May 12, 2019 9:45 PM

Has Matt come any closer to understanding how 1 + 1 works yet?

by Anonymousreply 317May 13, 2019 12:48 AM

He also likes anything he finds interesting even if he doesn't follow you.

by Anonymousreply 318May 13, 2019 1:06 AM

No Mothers Day post from him this year? He usually posts something, even if it's just a quick tweet.

by Anonymousreply 319May 13, 2019 2:30 AM

He was busy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320May 13, 2019 2:32 AM

Er........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 13, 2019 7:25 PM

R321, that guy didn't even bother to see the movie and wrote that "article" based off of the trailer.

He is an LGBT activist however, who is also Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 322May 13, 2019 7:45 PM

Once you get to this sentence the rest makes sense

[quote]Hey, at least Matt Bomer is playing a gay guy and not a trans woman, right?

by Anonymousreply 323May 13, 2019 8:00 PM

Having seen the movie, it's not as reductive as perhaps the trailer makes it out to be. It's a lot more nuanced and sensitive than that writer makes it out to be. A tad cliched yes, but not as much as the article states.

R323 that 'Anything" film will always be that small little shadow that follows him around.

by Anonymousreply 324May 13, 2019 8:05 PM

If he actually watched this film and dissed it, that would be one thing. To just watch the trailer and decide it's crap and then write a whole fucking article about it is bullshit. Honestly, probably speaks to his own insecurity as a Latino man if just the trailer pissed him off.

by Anonymousreply 325May 14, 2019 4:02 AM

R325 Hollywood does have a long tradition of using POC as a prop/tool in films to better the white main character so I can understand why some people would get pissed when seeing this trailer. The film itself has a lot more depth to it and is genuinely about finding a connection between someone else but that can be hard to portray in a trailer.

by Anonymousreply 326May 14, 2019 5:11 AM

While he should watch the film before he judges it R325 (writing about trailers is actually pretty common now), I wouldn't go attacking him for his perspective or saying he is demonstrating his "insecurity as a Latino man if just the trailer pissed him off."

The idea of a white guy picking up a non-english speaking Mexican day worker then talking at him about his problems could have gone horribly wrong in the wrong director/writer's hands. He's right that the film could be seen as incredibly patronizing based on the trailer and it could go the same way just reading the description. PoC have been burned many, many times in the past and their issues are valid.

Luckily, the film isn't that. (If anyone that actually saw it thought it was that, it would have been written a long time ago.)

by Anonymousreply 327May 14, 2019 8:36 AM

Sounds like the guy was angry about it even before he saw the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 328May 14, 2019 10:26 AM

He is probably a SJW type with a chip on his shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 329May 14, 2019 12:29 PM

It's a fair observation, especially if you haven't seen the film. Trailers can be misleading and this one probably looked like a big stereotypical fail for a lot of people. The YouTube comments are quite scathing too (but that's the comments section for you). The entire film is a lot more sensitive and respectful.

by Anonymousreply 330May 14, 2019 12:31 PM

The writer of Will and Grace on Instagram just posted he is writing the script for the new season of the show. Simon commented said "We love McCoy!!!!" , he is so supportive on his husband's career!

by Anonymousreply 331May 14, 2019 5:51 PM

R330 Yes, the comments on the video from Mexicans are not good at all. I'd still say that's a failing of the trailer more than anything else.

They really should re-edit it and try and make it seem more two sided but I doubt they have the time or money.

R331, It'd be a nice job where Matt doesn't have to fly across the country. I'd hope he'd be supportive. He'd probably end up shooting it while doing Doom Patrol as he did last year. I still don't think they'd let Will & Jack both have husbands though unless it's the last season.

by Anonymousreply 332May 14, 2019 6:01 PM

R332 It's unfortunate that the people who make the trailer are rarely ever the ones who actually make the film, hence why so many trailers are misleading or give off the wrong vibe. You can't really blame people for giving out about what they think is a lazy and offensive trope.

I've seen the film and it really is a lot more sensitive to the cultural differences. Equally I've heard one of the producers say that they were aware they had to be respectful of the different cultures too. Not really a "Green Book" fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 333May 14, 2019 6:24 PM

Billy Porter liked the Out Magazine post criticizing the film. Maybe he didn't read the entire post lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334May 15, 2019 6:50 PM

What kind of vendetta does Out Magazine have against Matt?

There aren't any other publications talking about this other than them.

by Anonymousreply 335May 15, 2019 8:47 PM

Matt is in New York tonight for The Paley Honors Gala. I believe they are honoring the history of Stonewall.

by Anonymousreply 336May 15, 2019 9:32 PM

R335 The tranny movie

by Anonymousreply 337May 15, 2019 9:46 PM

R335 probably one or two writers who were pissed at him for taking the trans role in Anything and now see him in a film that looks to use a Latino man as prop for a white guy to deal with his issues. In essence, that is what the film is about (although it's a lot more respectful and nuanced than the trailer lets on). It's a valid complaint, especially if you belong to a marginalised group that has poor representation in film and the media.

by Anonymousreply 338May 16, 2019 4:19 AM

At Paley Center. Nice shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339May 17, 2019 1:45 PM

Do you think he's a good father/husband? He's so private about his personal life but I always wonder what's he's like as a parent/partner.

by Anonymousreply 340May 17, 2019 6:29 PM

R340

"In his versatile career as an actor, Matt Bomer has portrayed a male stripper, a closeted journalist, a suave con artist and a brilliant film producer. What he hasn’t had a chance to play on screen—until now—is a role likely to come naturally to the 40-year-old actor: a father. In the adventure drama Walking Out, which debuted at SXSW and the Sundance Film Festival this spring and premieres Oct. 6 in theaters, Bomer embodies the estranged father of a 14-year-old son, who he takes hunting in the harsh Montana wilderness. While David, played by Josh Wiggins, would rather stay inside his father’s cabin and play video games, Bomer’s character has other ideas when it comes to male bonding. “I related to the character in a really profound way,” says Bomer. “I grew up in Texas, in a family where outdoorsmanship was a big part of our lives. The men in my family [and I] bonded [by] being in [nature] and having silence and a shared space together. I had an innate understanding of why it was so important for Cal to try to perpetuate those values.” While the film is focused on a dramatic event that changes the trajectory of their hunting expedition, it was the greater themes of the movie that struck a chord in Bomer. “Relationships and roles get redefined,” he says. “We start to get to the center of some questions about parenting that I deal with every day, which is, ‘What are we supposed to instill in our children?’” It’s a question Bomer grapples with as he and husband Simon Halls raise their three children, 9-year-old twins Henry and Walker and 12-year-old Kit, in Los Angeles. “What’s meaningful to us are manners, respect, a good work ethic,” he says, but, more importantly, “a belief in themselves, that they can follow their dreams, pursue whatever they want to pursue and to be their most authentic self. Whoever you are and whoever you want to be is accepted and surrounded with love.”

by Anonymousreply 341May 17, 2019 6:36 PM

By Tim Nudd May 20, 2014 12:40 PM Matt Bomer is open to everything fatherhood brings – the joys, the difficulties and everything in between. “I love it,” the actor told PEOPLE Monday at the premiere of HBO’s The Normal Heart in Los Angeles. “It’s the most profound gift and the most daunting challenge at times.” Bomer, 36, has three sons with his publicist husband, Simon Halls. The eldest turns 9 this weekend, and they also have 6-year-old twins. Bomer recognizes the huge responsibility that comes with parenting, and says it’s a balancing act. “I just want to be hopefully somebody who helps shape these souls without changing how they came into the world,” he says. “To just give them the structure they need to thrive in the world but at the same time let their own personalities shine through. Some days that’s easier than others.” Known for his work on the USA drama White Collar and in films like Magic Mike, Bomer is winning early raves for his role as Felix Turner in The Normal Heart, based on Larry Kramer’s Tony-winning play about the AIDS crisis. He lost more than 35 lbs. for the movie. And he does want his children to see it – eventually. “They’re really young. So, not anytime soon,” he says. “It’s definitely a film I want them to see at a different point for a lot of reasons. This project is bigger than me. It’s something I want to show them to understand a piece of my history. And who they owe a lot of thanks to.” RELATED: Matt Bomer Opens Up About 2011 Wedding & Coming Out He adds: “I hope people see this movie and respond the way I did when I was a teenager, with a sense of gratitude for this generation who stood up when it wasn’t popular and it wasn’t easy to do so They are the reason I’m able to get married today, and probably the reason I can walk down the red carpet with my husband.” Saying he is “grateful for so much in my life right now,” Bomer is looking forward to spending the summer in New York with Halls and the kids while he films the next season of White Collar. “I need a summer with the family,” he says. “One of our twins has lost both of his front teeth. I was so happy yet so sad because it totally changes the way he looks! He’s so cute right now because he’s got this little empty space there. It’s really fun.”

by Anonymousreply 342May 17, 2019 6:42 PM

"Matt Bomer says the secret to his successful and long relationship with husband Simon Hall is taking it "one day at a time". The 'Magic Mike XXL' star tied the knot with his long term partner Simon Halls back in 2011 and he has now revealed what keeps their relationship going strong. He told Entertainment Tonight: "My grandparents were together from the time they were teenagers on, and I used to ask them and they'd tell me, 'One day at a time.' "So, I guess I try to adapt that philosophy, but also just having perspective. You know, at the end of the day, the family and our home life is the most important thing and keeps everything else in perspective." Meanwhile, Matt previously revealed he "takes cues" from his grandparents when it comes to his marriage.

He said: "I sort of take cues from my grandparents. My grandparents just celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary, so I always look to them and I see how every day they express their love for each other and I try to follow. They've set a pretty good model for me to follow." Matt tries to make as much time as he can to spend with Simon, with whom he shares Henry, Kit and Walker. He shared: "Well, we have three kids right now, so you've got to fit the romance in when you can." Matt recently admitted he had to "cover his tracks" about his sexuality whilst at school. He said: "When I was in high school, there was no safe haven, there was no outlet for you to speak your mind. So I did what any self-preserving 14-year-old would do - I signed up for the school play and also the football team to cover my tracks. When that happens, when you aren't allowed to speak about who you are, one of the most authentic parts of who you are, which is who you love or who you're attracted to, feels invisible. Having kids teaches you so many things, and one of the things we both have learned in our parenting journey is how loving and accepting and open children's minds and hearts are."

by Anonymousreply 343May 17, 2019 6:48 PM

Well that was a bombardment of interviews lol. Although those snippets are pretty par for the course with him-saying a lot without giving away anything personal or too insightful. I can imagine he's a sweet and fun dad but equally I could imagine him being distance when he's working. No clue about him as a partner.

by Anonymousreply 344May 17, 2019 6:58 PM

R344 Well obviously no one is compelled or obligated to take another person at their word. However, I'm curious as to what you have observed or read from his interactions that makes you imagine him to be distant from his family while working. I'm assuming you mean emotionally distant. There were numerous stories during his stint on White Collar of his flying home almost every weekend. Accounts from American Horror story and other productions of his rushing off to his family at the end of work days. Tons of quotes from people who know him and have worked with him about his being a family man and devoted to his kids. Matt and Simon have been discreet and careful in discussing their relationship as well as their children as far back as I can remember. Hell, they were married for three years before anyone outside family and friends knew, and they also valued their privacy by not leaking it to the press. So I guess, I'm not surprised that he's not giving away his personal life for public fodder. There are things in life that belong only to you and the ones you love.

by Anonymousreply 345May 17, 2019 8:21 PM

R345 it's actually from his own interviews and actions that I guessed (although I'm aware I could be very wrong). He's hinted here and there in interviews that he's a method actor and during an interview for Papi Chulo he said acting is obsessive/all encompassing. He moved out of the family house to film Papi Chulo even though it was being shot in L.A. and he was already scheduled to away for months for the play only a month or so later. Obviously we know why he left the house for The Normal Heart but he said a few times in interviews that he didn't care about the risks to his health when he was losing all the weight which is an odd way to think when you have three young children. He even said that Simon would kick him out of the house if he were to do another weight loss role like TNH. Then when he was directing the Versace Crime Story he said in an interview that he wanted to be on set all the time and didn't want to leave.

So perhaps, emotional distant is unfair but I've gotten the vibe that he's able to shake off his parental responsibilities while he's working and only when he's finished a role that he's back to normal. Again, I could be completely off the money but just an assumption. Since we know so little, everything is just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 346May 17, 2019 8:43 PM

R346 I take your points, as people who don't know him we can only speculate and guess. It's quite possible that he is able to tightly compartmentalize his feelings, separating out completely work responsibilities from family responsibilities. For every given story or interview we can find something that supports a particular point of view, I would guess. There was an incident when one of the twins broke or injured his arm while Matt was filming White Collar. He immediately left the set and flew home; stopping production on a show that was incredibly meaningful and important to his career which was just taking off. His priorities seemed right to me, when I read that story and frankly endeared him to me.

I love my work, trained a very long time and overcame numerous obstacles to have it. It requires my full attention to accomplish, because of the stakes involved. However, It's unfathomable to me that I could block out or shake off my responsibilities to my children for my work, even with a committed and loving spouse at home. So I guess I'm projecting my own parental sensibilities and sense of personal commitment onto Matt. As you said, knowing so little …..each of us is left to our own projections.

by Anonymousreply 347May 17, 2019 9:49 PM

[quote]Since we know so little, everything is just a guess.

This is very true. We don't know much of anything about his personal life.

We do know that no one has ever had anything negative to say about him professionally. Not his costars. Not his fans (except for that one but even then he still took a picture with her.) That's a stellar track record overall. He doesn't seem to have "off days."

There aren't any random articles about horrible things he's done in public or said.

He had a bit of a smoking habit for a while (even beyond the Normal Heart.) There was actually a pic of him doing that during American Horror Story between scenes and Just Jared yanked the pic down a few days after it went up. He mentioned he did it when he was younger in an interview. He's smoked weed for years and the Pax account @ed him after he bought a vaporizer at one of their stores in Los Angeles.

There was also a pic of him with a couple of women models at a retreat a few years back on instagram who ran into him. The retreat was held by a new age guru that believed he could heal people with his eyes. He was at that weekend conference for that guy that believed he could survive cold temperatures last year. So he's into spiritual stuff.

As for his professional life we only know that his husband seems to be involved in all of his projects in some way and has been since his soap days but he never admits it. That probably provides him with extra protection from a lot of things.

Hollywood people are completely different than you or I. Shonda Rhimes has three children and she also likely spends little time at home. She even wrote an entire chapter in her book about how much she loves her nanny when other Hollywood parents don't publicly acknowledge them.

For all we know he could Facetime with the kids and his husband or Skype with them daily. He did say that he tells Simon goodnight every night no matter where he is and they could even have a ton of activities and are barely home themselves.

But I'm also of the party that believes that the less we know about a couple the better their relationship probably is. He really just seems like a normal person overall by Hollywood standards.

by Anonymousreply 348May 17, 2019 11:52 PM

If what's in this article is true the show is going to start shooting later on than before in November and it's only getting 10 episodes instead of 15. However, that's not bad. The new DC Universe series, "Swamp Thing" is getting only 10 episodes. They just may be going that way for their shows going forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 17, 2019 11:54 PM

R347 did you he actually leave the set when one of the twins broke his arm? From what I read he said that the family were meant to come out to see him for a week or so but when one of the twins broke his arm it was him that had to go back to LA instead during that scheduled time. I don't think he'd be able to shut down production for a broken arm-especially with a spouse already at home. If it had been more serious than yes, I imagine he would have flown home during filming.

I would agree with R348, Hollywood people (or just really wealthy people) have a lot of help with their kids so it's not the same as most parents. Matt most likely has the luxury of not having to be a primary caregiver when he works.

R349 filming in November? Wonder why they reduced the episodes. Most likely a cost thing.

by Anonymousreply 350May 18, 2019 3:48 AM

They film Doom Patrol less than half a mile down the street from my work. I think I saw Matt twice when I was driving by the studio. They've wrapped filming for the season. They film The Resident right across the street from Doom Patrol. I've yet to see Matt Crzuchry

by Anonymousreply 351May 18, 2019 4:29 AM

R350, yes. I agree. Probably cost.

Titans shot 12 episodes but only 11 aired. They shelved the last episode so they could reshoot parts of it.

Swamp Thing got 13 episodes but there were "issues" behind the scenes with the creative team so they were cut down to 10 episodes.

Stargirl is getting 13 episodes as per Deadline.

Metropolis is supposedly getting 13.

Doom Patrol was supposed to have 13 episodes but they gave it 15 in the first season.

Since this came from their private Facebook group with a lot of the cast and crew and was reported by the person who was the same guy that reported the not-public renewal who works for other comic websites, I would probably tentatively believe it.

by Anonymousreply 352May 18, 2019 6:01 AM

R348 Thanks, that's a lot of things I didn't know. The guru thing made me laugh. I could picture him as sweet but a bit gullible.

by Anonymousreply 353May 18, 2019 8:28 AM

R353 sure didn't he go to that Iceman camp with his trainer last year when they all sat in ice baths? Pretty sure there was a video of people at the same retreat in the baths singing Who Let The Dogs Out. Very cringe but rich people love their "wellness" ha.

Regarding Doom Patrol, someone posted before that there may be plans to link up DC with the new Warner Media streaming site next year and this article near enough confirms it. Doom Patrol is already being released on certain HBO platforms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 18, 2019 9:20 AM

known as the best ass in town, matt is never without a line of men outside his patio door.....he is so dam fun, …. the magical hole of thirst.

by Anonymousreply 355May 18, 2019 11:05 AM

He's been quite on social media the last week. Considering Papi Chulo is out in a few weeks, you'd think he'd be a bit more active. Even when he was in New York he was low key. Unless he is just with something or working on something and wants a break before he has to do a little promo or start working on BITB/The Sinner

by Anonymousreply 356May 19, 2019 4:39 AM

He’s been quite quiet, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 357May 19, 2019 4:55 AM

I think at this point no one should be expecting much out of him when it comes to social media.

Matt averages about 9.5-10 posts a month based upon him having 228 posts over the past 2 years and a month.

And if you remove the time period he was doing TBitB and he had nothing else to do -- he's back to between 4-7 posts a month.

He doesn't always like posts on Twitter or Instagram (and instagram will occasionally hide what someone likes or just show you a limited selection of what they did.)

I just don't think he's that into social media unless he has nothing else to do, even as a promotional tool.

by Anonymousreply 358May 19, 2019 6:14 AM

R358 that does makes sense. The last year he's been fairly active on IG more so than Twitter and you usually see him liking posts most days even if he doesn't post anything himself. He'll probably ramp it up again in the next few weeks to coincide with the release of Papi Chulo. He didn't even share the movie's poster lol. He was tagged by people (including some guy he follows who later removed the tag) in that Out Magazine post giving out about the film earlier in the week (same post which Billy Porter liked) so he may have seen that and just decided step back a bit from social media until he really has to do some promo for it. It was similar during the Anything fiasco (although that was an entirely different situation).

by Anonymousreply 359May 19, 2019 8:09 AM

Netflix UK is going to start airing Doom Patrol when the show ends on streaming according to someone who would know. lol

by Anonymousreply 360May 19, 2019 8:37 AM

A clip of Simon speaking at the Tribeca Flim Festival

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 19, 2019 10:41 PM

I didn't know what to think of him, honestly, but I have a whole new respect for him and his work. That was interesting, I'd love to see more of that interview.

by Anonymousreply 362May 19, 2019 11:01 PM

Interesting clip. Would be so interested in hearing more about how the coming out process changed from the 90s to now. What he said at the start about actors being forced out when they were sick with Aids was pretty bleak. Did not know that he had a hand in Ellen's Time magazine cover. Quite clear now that he orchestrated Matt's coming out process (but that was fairly obvious).

by Anonymousreply 363May 20, 2019 4:48 AM

Yeah the forced coming out thing seemed awful. I have this idea of PR guys being these terrible people covering other terrible people's mess, but it seems some of it was actually good, important work, trying to turn a horrifying situation into something bearable.

by Anonymousreply 364May 20, 2019 7:16 AM

listen queens, when ur married to the hottest guy on earth, matt, u have to let him go fuk around or he will leave u. and u don't want that to happen, cause the nights when its ur turn to eat out his bubble ass hole, its god dam paradise

by Anonymousreply 365May 20, 2019 11:24 AM

I was in line to feast on his fukhole last week, but the line was around the block so I gave up at dawn....what a babe.

by Anonymousreply 366May 20, 2019 12:04 PM

Here's a great article on Matt's stylist, Jeanne Yang.

She's been working with Keanu Reeves for almost 20 years and from her client list she always chooses the most interesting outfits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367May 22, 2019 1:01 PM

Does he have any promo interviews scheduled for Papi Chulo? It's only a small indie film so obviously he's not going to be doing a regular press junket but he has been relatively quiet for someone who has a film coming out in two weeks

by Anonymousreply 368May 22, 2019 9:06 PM

R367. Thanks for sharing the article on Jeanne Yang. I wondered who his stylist was, really interesting woman. At the recent Paley Gala he was wearing a beautiful suit with a kind of whimsical flower print shirt. I’d love to hear her thoughts on dressing him.

Loved reading about Keanu, been a longtime fan. It’s great to see him having a moment with all these projects. He’s had so many tragedies in his life, remarkable he’s managed to stay so positive and grounded, loved him on Colbert. Matt reminds me of him in a way, kind, generous and humble. I can’t remember the exact facts, but while making the Matrix he helped the crew get a major share in the profits.

I read that the crew of White Collar absolutely adored Matt for his kindness and generosity towards them. There was a report recently from an actor on AHS Versace, who recalled Matt going out of his way to include and work with him, even though he only had a line or two. Keanu and Matt, two nice guys and natty dressers due to Yang.

by Anonymousreply 369May 22, 2019 9:34 PM

Is he taking a social media break? You'd think he'd say something about last ep of Doom Patrol

by Anonymousreply 370May 24, 2019 6:36 PM

Looks like a bad chin implant in OP's photo.

by Anonymousreply 371May 24, 2019 6:41 PM

R370, maybe after an Out Magazine writer trashed his movie and then the Out Magazine Instagram also trashed it and a couple of stars he's "friendly" with liked it, including one who tagged him ... he's over it.

by Anonymousreply 372May 25, 2019 3:23 AM

He’s scheduled to appear on Ellen, 06/03/2019.

by Anonymousreply 373May 25, 2019 3:58 AM

R372 I definitely think he saw that IG post by Out Magazine, especially since he was tagged in it by someone he follows (although I saw in the comments that the person untagged him when he saw all the negative comments which probably means that he didn't read the entire caption). Billy Porter liked it too so yeah, maybe he got a little annoyed and was afraid of an Anything-type social media backlash and just decided to take a step back. Or maybe he's working or there's something going on in his personal life. There hasn't been any real negative reaction to the movie's trailer, except for that Out Magazine piece and the odd comment on social media. If he read the YouTube comments on the trailer then that's another story.

by Anonymousreply 374May 25, 2019 4:21 AM

R374, I'm more than sure he or someone else that works for him saw the Youtube comments on one of the trailers. He's always been the most media aware of actors to a fault. Those weren't just a few comments. There were hundreds of negative comments.

I saw he met with Jessica Beal and her producing partner earlier this week. Doesn't look like he's working on anything right now since he had scruff. He's probably just taking a break before hitting the road again since he's working on 3 to 4 projects the rest of the year.

by Anonymousreply 375May 25, 2019 6:04 AM

R375 yup, there are about 600 comments on that trailer video and about 95% of them are scathing. Given the premise of the film, it's not too surprising that there's been a little bit if criticism as it comes across as a lazy Hollywood trope to use a Latino character as a prop for a white guy to deal with his issues. As said previously, the film is a lot more nuanced and sensitive than the trailer makes it seem but even then, I can imagine some people would still find it problematic, which is fair.

Still, it's a small indie film that will come and go and won't really ruffle that many feathers. Matt's got other projects lined up so he has that to focus on.

by Anonymousreply 376May 25, 2019 9:41 AM

Does anyone have a link to the instagram post?

by Anonymousreply 377May 25, 2019 5:12 PM

R377 here you go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 25, 2019 5:44 PM

LOL matt can't catch a break poor guy. Maybe he needs to focus on TV shows and theater because that's where he's been shining, AND staying away from controversy.

by Anonymousreply 379May 25, 2019 5:46 PM

R379 well it's only been two indie projects that have gotten some negative press (although Papi Chulo probably won't be anywhere near as bad as Anything was). Just needs to be a little bit wiser when picking indie projects. All his studio film/tv roles have been unproblematic.

by Anonymousreply 380May 25, 2019 6:15 PM

R380, Yup, Anything's controversy was very unfortunate if only because, as he explained, he agreed to do it years before he actually did the project and it was released. I believe he said it was around the time Transparent had started. I think people here were wondering why didn't Simon warn him since this is his area of expertise. Well, it was because the film was before the social discussion over that issue hit the fever pitch it did by the time people found out about the film.

We'll see what happens with Papi Chulo because it only takes one influential person to make a stink out of something so that it gets broader attention. Anything's controversy wouldn't have been as bad had he not blocked Sense8 star Jamie Clayton on Twitter since that's when magazines started interviewing her.

I do hope he's more careful because indie roles let him shine and I want to see him do more of that and more television. It was great seeing him on the stage but that limits what roles he can do outside of it because of the time commitment and unlike all but one of his costars (who seemed to bring his kids with him to NYC) he has a family and putting all of the child rearing on Simon was kind of harsh since Matt couldn't leave town. At least when he does film and tv he gets breaks and can go home.

by Anonymousreply 381May 25, 2019 6:40 PM

R381 I do think he was incredibly naive with taking the Anything role but I don't think he meant to cause offence at all. The fact that he didn't even try to defend the film and just completely ignored it once it came out is an indicator that he knew he'd messed up a little. Everyone has blind spots and he did agree to do the role before the trans community were active on social media about cis actors taking on trans roles.

It remains to be seen with Papi Chulo whether it will get more negative press or not. A few more critical articles might just tip the scales but most reviews have been positive. It's a small film though; there won't be as much promo for it as a big studio film so it will most likely fly under the radar. Matt also has the luxury of not having to do a press tour for it so he can hide away if there is some ruffled feathers.

Oddly enough, it's been the work he's gotten without Simon's connections that have gotten him the most negative feedback. But TBIB Netflix film and The Sinner (plus most likely Will & Grace/ S2 Doom Patrol) will keep him working and hopefully open up more mainstream roles for him.

by Anonymousreply 382May 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Bruce Bozzi posted this on his IG. They're in Palm Springs. Matt not pictured. I wonder if he's there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 25, 2019 10:36 PM

It's possible R383 he's there just not in the photo. It is a holiday weekend. Even if he's not they're only a couple of hours away from home.

Loved Julia Roberts commenting that she loves Simon.

by Anonymousreply 384May 25, 2019 11:00 PM

She’s talking about Andy Cohen dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 385May 25, 2019 11:04 PM

Andy Cohen? I don't see him. I think Matt is sitting next to Bozzi's feet in the yellow T-shirt with holding the bottle of Juice.

by Anonymousreply 386May 26, 2019 12:04 AM

That’s Andy Cohen in the center of the photo.

by Anonymousreply 387May 26, 2019 12:06 AM

R386,

Just ignore the troll. It needs glasses, a magnifying glass or maybe just medication. I'm sure it knows that it's Simon it's just trying to cause mischief.

That's Simon in the middle of the photo. He has a head full of grey hair and that's clearly his profile and he's responding to one of the children.

by Anonymousreply 388May 26, 2019 1:10 AM

Mr Peabody is like six four and that man is clearly shorter than average like Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 389May 26, 2019 1:12 AM

It's Kit's birthday this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 390May 26, 2019 2:32 AM

The guy in the middle is Bryan Lourd lol how could it be Andy Cohen? It's Bruce taking the picture, Bryan beside him then Simon at the edge. Henry and Kit are pictured by the pool. I'm guessing that's Bruce's daughter sitting by his feet. So it's Henry and Matt that aren't pictured (if Matt is even there).

Yes R390 its Kit's birthday tomorrow so it's not just a normal Memorial Day weekend trip. If Matt's not working then it raises questions as to why he's not there.

by Anonymousreply 391May 26, 2019 2:42 AM

Sorry, it's Walker and Matt that aren't pictured

by Anonymousreply 392May 26, 2019 2:53 AM

LOL some of you are so fucking blind, but I guess that’s understandable considering you still believe Walker is Simon’s kid

by Anonymousreply 393May 26, 2019 2:56 AM

matt is a young fella, he has decades ahead to shine and be in many grand projects.....

by Anonymousreply 394May 26, 2019 3:16 AM

[quote]The guy in the middle is Bryan Lourd lol how could it be ....

That's not the middle of the photo.

Bruce, Bryan, Simon (in the middle), two of the boys in the back.

[quote] I'm guessing that's Bruce's daughter sitting by his feet.

No, that's a [bold]man [/bold] drinking a green smoothie. LOL

Probably Matt sitting opposite of the pool so he can keep an eye on the kids.

by Anonymousreply 395May 26, 2019 3:35 AM

The "gent in the middle" that Julia Roberts was referring to was obviously Bryan Lourd because he's sandwiched between, aka IN THE MIDDLE of, Bruce and Simon. Which makes sense given that Bruce responded "he loves you too, and me too" because he's responding on behalf of his HUSBAND. Plus, Bruce and Julia are good friends so it makes the most sense.

Jeez people, basic comprehension skills.

The person who said that was Andy Cohen... I have to laugh lmfaoo first of all that looks nothing like Andy sis! Not to be shady, but ?? Also, Andy is in London right now hanging with Dustin Lance Black's fine ass so ... couldn't be him!

by Anonymousreply 396May 26, 2019 3:41 AM

>> Jeez people, basic comprehension skills.

Actually, Simon/Matt/Bruce/Bryan are all friends with Julia or did you forget The Normal Heart, Matt discussing Julia's kids, Simon being part of the campaign for the movie which she was also cast in?

Also Julia's publicist and Simon are both founding members of Slate PR. They all know each other and have for years.🙄

And he didn't say his "husband" he said the gent in the middle and the middle of the photo is Simon, not the middle between where he's sitting!

by Anonymousreply 397May 26, 2019 3:52 AM

R397 Kiddo, no one said Julia isn't friends with the whole group, so idk what you're trying to prove, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that she was clearly referring to Bryan lol. Point blank! Period! It's super simple.

by Anonymousreply 398May 26, 2019 4:01 AM

R397, Look babe, you're wrong. It's okay to be wrong sometimes. Just accept it and move on.

by Anonymousreply 399May 26, 2019 4:13 AM

R399 why on earth would Bruce respond on behalf of Simon, when Simon literally has his own ig account 😩💀 I can't! believe what you like, it's not worth the argument.

by Anonymousreply 400May 26, 2019 4:51 AM

Obviously she was referring to Bryan Lourd. Pretty clear-especially since it's Bruce's photo too and it's hard to see straight away that it's Simon at the edge of the couch.

Bryan is also Madonna's agent which means Matt (or Simon on his behalf) reached out to him to get that Madonna song for Papi Chulo.

by Anonymousreply 401May 26, 2019 5:24 AM

Yep, I think that’s Matt in the yellow T-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 402May 28, 2019 12:33 PM

He likes unicorn LoL

by Anonymousreply 403May 29, 2019 1:30 AM

Based on the green smoothie it's probably Matt

by Anonymousreply 404May 29, 2019 11:40 AM

Is Matt actually going to the Irish opening screening of Papi Chulo next week or was it just the way he worded the tweet that made if look like he was going? It's oddly sandwiched inbetween the Tonys and his Stephen Colbert interview and it seems a bit awkward to fly back and forth for a small Q&A

by Anonymousreply 405May 30, 2019 1:18 PM

R405, he won't be going. He just answered someone asking. He has to promote it in the US so he has to stay in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406May 30, 2019 2:34 PM

R406 yeah just saw there. I thought as much. You much going on in the States to make it.

I do also get a kick out of those European fans who keep repeatedly tweeting him about going to the Tonys to see him. As if that makes a difference to his day lol

by Anonymousreply 407May 30, 2019 2:52 PM

anyone sucked on matt's tits or asshole???

by Anonymousreply 408May 30, 2019 3:29 PM

r407 I feel embarrassed for them almost daily

by Anonymousreply 409May 30, 2019 4:12 PM

R407 I find it funny more so than anything else. I check in occasionally on Twitter to see if there's any news or gossip on Matt and I just keep seeing tweets from them multiple times a day/week about going to the Tonys. I get being a fan and super excited but wow, that's completely overboard. As if he is really bothered about fans being at an award show.

by Anonymousreply 410May 30, 2019 5:03 PM

Listened to the iHeartRadio podcast. Glad to hear BitB's movie will be shot in Los Angeles so he can spend time with his family. He said exteriors will be shot in NY but I can't imagine there would be many of those since the play with all the dialogue in the house is already almost 2 hours long. He said supporting Mayor Pete was Simon's idea and he got everyone involved and that he Skypes and Facetimes with the kids when he's not at home every day. Otherwise nothing new as usual but he did tell a cute story about meeting Chuck Norris as a kid. Seems like he's doing another one tomorrow now too.

The funniest part was him talking about a guy in a leather thong talking to him at Pride last year while he was with his husband and kids and how awkward it was since the guy was high and I remember that same guy talking about meeting Matt on twitter. lol

by Anonymousreply 411May 30, 2019 6:37 PM

That's pretty funny, do you have a link to the thong guy twitter?

by Anonymousreply 412May 30, 2019 8:21 PM

Here's a link to the podcast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413May 30, 2019 8:35 PM

R412, I wish I did. Sorry. I tried searching but I can't remember any of the terms from the tweet. I just remember the guy saying that he met him at Pride during the parade and he was embarrassed because he was so excited to see him that when he went up to him he forgot what he was wearing.

by Anonymousreply 414May 30, 2019 8:51 PM

That must have been entertaining. Poor guy, he was probably mortified!

by Anonymousreply 415May 30, 2019 9:22 PM

Mr Peabody is on Farhoudi’s story, his hair is almost white.

by Anonymousreply 416May 30, 2019 11:10 PM

Simon is hot, he looks great in Farhoudi's ins story!! I think he probably uses Matt's face cream, he has good skin too!

by Anonymousreply 417May 30, 2019 11:33 PM

Listening to the interview. He must be highly intellectual & sorted out.

by Anonymousreply 418May 30, 2019 11:57 PM

He sounds more and more soft and kind feminine over the years, especially I am watching an old clip when he was in an interview during the white collar years, the contrast is pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 419May 31, 2019 1:40 AM

Slate PR are promoting Matt/Papi Chulo on their Instagram story.

by Anonymousreply 420May 31, 2019 1:58 AM

It's so cute, his husband is being so supportive!

by Anonymousreply 421May 31, 2019 2:11 AM

I do love how Matt follows Slate PR but doesn't follow his own agency. I mean Simon basically owns the company with his partners so it makes sense but it's still funny.

Simon has such a built frame around his shoulder and chest . Such a contrast to Matt's slim frame.

by Anonymousreply 422May 31, 2019 4:11 AM

Wow Simon looks good.

by Anonymousreply 423May 31, 2019 7:55 AM

Matt's Homophilia podcast is up.

It's great because, unlike other shows, they ask him whatever they want. It's not just the usual press type show.

He finally opens up and talks about his actual life more than he has in years and although some of the stories are the same he expands upon them more than usual.

It's kind of a shock no one here knew that he broke his leg seven weeks ago skiing but that explains why he disappeared.

and he [bold]finally[/bold] talks a bit more about how he met Simon in detail at Lee Pace's BBQ. It's interesting that their mutual friend had been trying to set them up for years and he was the one that asked him to in the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424May 31, 2019 8:54 AM

Finally some new info! Thanks R424

by Anonymousreply 425May 31, 2019 9:42 AM

Hurrrayyyy... finally something new from him... great interview from Homophilia

by Anonymousreply 426May 31, 2019 10:34 AM

Wow, that’s kind of sad. Simon was playing the field while he was long-distance dating David Burtka and David was getting ready to move to LA to be with him.

by Anonymousreply 427May 31, 2019 10:35 AM

matt broke his leg skiing 7 weeks ago....ihhhhh

by Anonymousreply 428May 31, 2019 10:58 AM

He admits he wasn't paying attention like he should.

He was too busy concentrating on how two plus two can equal four.

by Anonymousreply 429May 31, 2019 11:00 AM

Matt also mentions that he thinks his parents love Simon mire than they love him.

by Anonymousreply 430May 31, 2019 11:11 AM

well in the end it is finally good that he is more open about a lot things in his life

by Anonymousreply 431May 31, 2019 11:24 AM

Really good interview.... they really kind of... talked open there....

by Anonymousreply 432May 31, 2019 11:30 AM

I imagine the moment Simon decided to let him talk about their first date.... what a debate .... in their 15 minutes solo after the kids went to bed....

by Anonymousreply 433May 31, 2019 11:37 AM

[quote]Matt also mentions that he thinks his parents love Simon mire than they love him.

People from the same generation would be expected to get along.

by Anonymousreply 434May 31, 2019 11:45 AM

His thoughts on Game of Thrones.

His brother asking him about Sean Hayes when he said he was doing Will & Grace.

Going to his kids' school chapel with them.

His mom's church group going to go see BitB.

His no people in the industry dating policy before Simon.

Not thinking he should talk about his thoughts on heaven and hell. (The only question he didn't answer or expand upon.)

This is the first time in an interview where he has really come off like an actual person and not someone just giving sound bites. It was a really nice interview. I think the interviewers are partially to thank for that. They really let him actually have time to talk.

He's is becoming so much more relaxed as he gets older.

by Anonymousreply 435May 31, 2019 12:15 PM

He said first date was three people. So is it Lee Pace's BBQ party or what?

by Anonymousreply 436May 31, 2019 12:59 PM

R436 it seems that the BBQ at Lee Pace was the first date/meeting.

So am I correct that it was Pace that set them up? (Or was one of a few trying to set them up?)

by Anonymousreply 437May 31, 2019 1:15 PM

It's actually very strange he described his date like that given it makes it sound like he was set up by a "procurer" (which is a very real thing in Hollywood) Simon Halls was known to fuck a LOT of young actors.

by Anonymousreply 438May 31, 2019 1:16 PM

Also at the same time, Halls was in a committed relationship.

by Anonymousreply 439May 31, 2019 1:16 PM

How do you know Simon was in a commited relationship? He was very likely already broke up with David

by Anonymousreply 440May 31, 2019 1:21 PM

David Burtka was preparing to move out to LA to be with Simon when they broke up. So Halls was still whoring around while David was in New York working in Gypsy.

by Anonymousreply 441May 31, 2019 1:25 PM

But in NPH's book he mentioned he was chasing David while he was dating a publicist, he was very afraid Simon would be mad because he coul destory his career, but David said after in some occasion that Simon wouldn't, Simon is a good person. I have always thought David broke up with Simon first went with NPH before Simon started dating Matt.

by Anonymousreply 442May 31, 2019 1:38 PM

David and Simon broke up in March/April 2004 based on NPH's autobiography and his IG posts. Before David dated Simon he was a in super committed with Lane Jagger for a good few years. Simon was a rebound before he got with NPH. I have my doubts that Matt and Simon were together before Kit was born.

by Anonymousreply 443May 31, 2019 2:05 PM

[R443] Ohmy, Simon is a rebound....I think Simon is hotter than NPH..

by Anonymousreply 444May 31, 2019 2:43 PM

[quote]So am I correct that it was Pace that set them up? (Or was one of a few trying to set them up?)

He wasn't going to initially say the friend was Lee Pace. I guess he remembered Lee is out now and also gave up on being mysterious. So replace Lee with "a mutual friend" and "us" with Simon and Lee and the story makes sense.

So with that in mind: Lee told Matt that he thought Simon would be great for him and that Simon liked him.

Lee tried to set them up and Matt said no because he didn't know him and he didn't want to date industry people.

Then years later he brought him up to Lee to see if they (Lee & Simon) were still interested in setting up a date.

Then then "we" (Simon and Matt) met at a BBQ at a mutual friend's (Lee Pace's) house and so their first date/meeting was a BBQ with the three of them (Simon, Matt & Lee.)

And of course we have this photo from a different time at Lee Pace's house with Simon and Matt who he set up as a couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445May 31, 2019 2:57 PM

He said he hit New York City hard when he was 21. So does this mean he actually at least had some fun back then.

by Anonymousreply 446May 31, 2019 3:30 PM

R446, No, he said he was no "cad about town" right after that. So he probably had more "fun" than when he was reading his bible in his dorm room but he wasn't all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 447May 31, 2019 3:44 PM

R446 I'm sure he did. Just because he never noted it in interviews before doesn't mean he stayed in and had a very quiet life in New York. He probably probably partied and dated like most young people do in their 20s in New York. Probably had his first real taste of freedom and acted like most young people.

by Anonymousreply 448May 31, 2019 3:45 PM

I really hope he had a good time in his young 20s

by Anonymousreply 449May 31, 2019 3:55 PM

That was the best interview with Matt I’ve heard. Very personal, unscripted.

by Anonymousreply 450May 31, 2019 4:23 PM

Years ago, when Matt first became well known for WC, some guys posted on here that they had sex with him in his early years in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 451May 31, 2019 4:25 PM

It would be unusual for Lee Pace to set up his young twentysomething friend with a slutty 40 year old businessman.

Most likely it was an agent or manager which brought them together, as they often do double duty as pimps.

by Anonymousreply 452May 31, 2019 4:26 PM

Super interesting to hear he wrote a pilot for a show.

by Anonymousreply 453May 31, 2019 4:44 PM

That has been known for years. He talked about the pilot before he talked about his children,.

by Anonymousreply 454May 31, 2019 4:45 PM

Homophilia is the best interview he has done....good for the boys who hosted the show to really make him talk...

by Anonymousreply 455May 31, 2019 4:54 PM

R451, there were like 3 ever over the past 16 years.

One was clearly making stuff up, because they caught him in the thread, one seemed plausible but there was an odd detail there that didn't make sense and only one gave any actual details that made it seemed legit (and that person answered questions) and that's since 2003 but it should be noted that all of them (real or fake) were stories before he met Simon.

Either way, it's an anon board. Anyone can post anything. All of that was discussed like two or three threads ago.

by Anonymousreply 456May 31, 2019 4:57 PM

Both of those interviews were good. More relaxed and open than usual. Not just repetition of old stories. Wonder if he’ll still be hobbling around in a cast for his TV appearances.

by Anonymousreply 457May 31, 2019 5:35 PM

Totally agree, that was a great interview. Loved the interviewers approach and the great follow up questions, which led to more explanations and introspection, especially around areas like religion and family. The picture of him and the boys going to their chapel before school is so telling about him as a parent and model for those boys.

Matt could work for the CIA, he's really good at being discreet and keeping secrets, like he broke his leg over a month ago. I always suspected that it was Simon who pursued Matt and not the other way around, nice to hear it confirmed. Makes me admire Simon's judgment even more. Matt just keeps unfolding like a rose as he grows older: so warm, funny, smart, talented and generous.

by Anonymousreply 458May 31, 2019 5:52 PM

He noted that they wanted to get married in 2008 so clearly they had been together for at least a year or two by then.

I found it interesting too that he said his mother would sneakily let him and his brother watch movies without his dad knowing, indicating that it was the dad who the more religious one and imposed it on the rest of the family

by Anonymousreply 459May 31, 2019 6:11 PM

A man with a domineering father develops daddy issues

Film at 11

by Anonymousreply 460May 31, 2019 6:13 PM

R451 what did that legit guy said? What details he said?

by Anonymousreply 461May 31, 2019 6:24 PM

R458 Did he say it was Simon pursued him not the other way around?

by Anonymousreply 462May 31, 2019 6:25 PM

R462, Simon asked Lee Pace to set them up. Lee talked Simon up. Matt said no because he didn't date industry people and he didn't want someone who would be on their phone all the time and wore "Calvin Klein" suits. Then years later he asked Lee about Simon and if he was single, would he set them up. So in a way they both went after the other.

by Anonymousreply 463May 31, 2019 6:35 PM

R463 bless your heart

by Anonymousreply 464May 31, 2019 6:38 PM

Keanu Reeves is still the best looking male celebrity I have ever seen in person. That includes David and Darrin. Yet, Darrin Criss is a much better actor.

by Anonymousreply 465May 31, 2019 6:56 PM

Simon is so fit and sexy. Sure being married to a hottie like Matt keeps him motivated

by Anonymousreply 466May 31, 2019 9:20 PM

R454 well I did not know. Other thing I found interesting was his parents involvment in charitable cases. I guess his sense of duty (which leads to some extreme cases like moving out for Papi Chulo) was inherited from them.

by Anonymousreply 467May 31, 2019 9:49 PM

R452 WTF!? Bomer says it was Lee Pace who set them up. Isn't Pace a high school classmate of Bomer?

by Anonymousreply 468May 31, 2019 10:11 PM

This was a great interview. For once he let his personality shine through and it makes him really endearing. He seems like a real down to earth, hundred percent sweet guy

by Anonymousreply 469May 31, 2019 11:00 PM

Doom Patrol karaoke - so good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470June 1, 2019 1:18 AM

R470 Thanks for reposting this. It’s been a while since I initially watched it, so I got a chance to see more comments. 99% are positive. People are loving Matt’s performance, especially his vocals. So many saying they prefer his rendition over Kelly Clarkson. He’s really having a moment with Doom Patrol. It must be sweet after all the rejection he’s had to deal with from the whole Superman saga and just the industry’s refusal to consider a gay super hero or an out gay man as a super hero.

by Anonymousreply 471June 1, 2019 5:06 AM

R471 he even said in the Homophila podcast that he hopes people get a chance to see it even thought it's on a new streaming site. It would be such a shame if the show just flew under everyone's radar.

by Anonymousreply 472June 1, 2019 8:09 AM

It’s probably going to Netflix eventually.

by Anonymousreply 473June 1, 2019 8:19 AM

R469 Totally agree. Even more admirable that he is so sweet when he talks about his parents despite his coming out drama, still on-going process. I've never before listened to any of his interviews, but based on glimpses into DL threads, I vaguely took him for boring and bland. So I assumed that he comes from privilege and that he was pampered since day one, lol. I also got the impression that strangely DL doesn't hate his much older husband, nor his heteronormative, monogamous marriage. Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 474June 1, 2019 8:37 AM

R474 there's been plenty of hate for Simon on DL. Pretty consistent for the last few years actually. If actually be surprised if there was no negative chatter about their relationship.

I always did wonder about his upbringing- the family were certainly not working class but they didn't seem to be super wealthy either. He said in previous interviews that he got some financial aid for college and that his mother worked extra jobs to help pay for it. In another interview he said his dad told him he was on his own after college and that he wouldn't help him out financially. So it's not like he could rest back on his families money while he auditioned for gigs. He's noted that he worked different service jobs before getting regular work.

by Anonymousreply 475June 1, 2019 9:55 AM

[quote]I vaguely took him for boring and bland.

R474, That was definitely NOT his usual kind of interview. That's why there are quite a few comments on it. He's usually very repetitive and doesn't reveal anything. One of his co-stars, that he has been friends with for 20 years said in interview to the magazine he interviewed him for that he barely knows anything about the guy because Matt keeps to himself.

There have been various people that have allegedly dealt with him in social settings on here at parties, dinners or the gym that have run into him. Same deal. He's nice but he doesn't talk about his personal life. If you believe the legendary AHS gossip thread it was the same. Came to work, very nice, went home to his family as soon as he was done working. All of the stories over the past decade have been consistent.

He has loosened up significantly over the past couple of years or rather since he turned 40. He's showing more of his actual personality and is less robotic in interviews. He's also started to do more gay projects.

[quote]So I assumed that he comes from privilege and that he was pampered since day one, lol.

He's worked as a janitor, pipeline builder/cleaner, bellhop and waiter. He has never really behaved as someone who looks like he does would usually behave. Probably it's related to his struggles with his sexuality + his religious upbringing. He has described his parents as "simple" people. His outsides and his insides don't seem congruent.

[quote]I also got the impression that strangely DL doesn't hate his much older husband, nor his heteronormative, monogamous marriage. Am I wrong?

These days DL is indifferent to or likes his husband. (There's one poster who absolutely hates him.) Over the past few years these threads have shifted from gay men (when he was closeted and when he first came out) to women. They've stuck with him. It's probably because his first audience was primarily women and generally he is boring for an openly gay man. He's also older and people like youth.

He got married early and now we know he tried to get married even earlier than he actually did.

He works primarily on projects his husband has something to do with (or rather his clients are associated with like Ryan Murphy and Greg Berlanti), probably for protection. He doesn't really stray outside of that sphere.

There's a story from one of the Hollywood Gossip threads where a guy claimed that Steven Soderbergh, who directed the first Magic Mike, was gay or bisexual. He was obsessed with / stalkery towards Matt, and the guy said he remembered it was Matt because it was unusual for him to go after someone who wasn't young so that's why the story was interesting and it was brought up to him. Matt ignored it until he crossed a line.

Apparently one day he went into Matt's trailer, tried something with him and Matt lost his shit on him. People were called in from the studio and probably his husband too and he wouldn't continue to work on the movie until something was done about Steven to keep them apart. He's "not that kind of girl."

Working with people his husband deals with and his husband's friends has always protected him.

by Anonymousreply 476June 1, 2019 11:21 AM

That's the first time I heard that Soderbergh story. It's good to know Matt can get angry when it's needed, I've never heard anything about him getting mad at someone before.

by Anonymousreply 477June 1, 2019 11:57 AM

R477 there was also someone on Twitter who saw him and his family in a mall in Toronto and said he got mad at the boys when they ran up the down escalator.

He seems like decent enough guy but people are people at the end of the day, they'll always have moments when they get irritated and annoyed. I loved in the podcast with Marc Malkin when he said he'll always make an effort if people stop to talk or ask for a photo unless he's with his kids or the person scares him lol

by Anonymousreply 478June 1, 2019 12:17 PM

R478, I saw that too. The guy said Matt looked pissed but didn't say anything, probably because he didn't want to make a scene in public.

I also remember that White Collar story that Tim, he and someone else told in an interview. They were filming something in a pool or hot tub but the water was actually very cold and he wanted it to be done and over. So he was in a bad mood that day and he didn't deny it. I think they pointed out that was the only time he got mad on set. But yeah he's a normal person like anyone else but he still seems much more pleasant than most other celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 479June 1, 2019 12:30 PM

R476 would you say he "married early"? They got married just a few weeks before his 34th birthday after being together at least 4-5 years. If they had married in 2008 then yeah probably early. He said she became a dad a lot earlier/ quicker than he expected so I'd be more inclined to say he settled down a little earlier.

A lot of his fans tend to infantize him, partly due to the fact he looks very young and has a lot of youthful energy, but he is 41 lol. He actually packed a lot of life of experience in by the time he meet Simon so he wasn't some wide-eye theatre kid when he meet him.

by Anonymousreply 480June 1, 2019 12:43 PM

R480, I should have said "settled down" instead of "married" because for a Hollywood actor, that is early but that speaks volumes about who he is. If he had of gotten married in 2008 then he would have been about 30 and assuming they were together for years before that, that's early.

Jim Parsons didn't get married until he was 44. Neil Patrick Harris was 41. Ellen Degeneres got married at 50. Ricky Martin was 46. Jodie Foster was 51.

by Anonymousreply 481June 1, 2019 1:12 PM

ROFL that story is bogus, Magic Mike wasn’t made by a studio, it was financed totally independently and then distribution rights were sold to Warner. Ergo, there would have been no studio to complain to.

by Anonymousreply 482June 1, 2019 1:16 PM

R481 well you also have to factor in that same-sex marriage wasn't legal until quite recently so that's usually the reason why a lot of gay celebrities married older. Jim Parsons has been with his husband since his early 20s too. NPH and David Burtka were also in the 20s when they got together. I think it's more that people make it out that he was super young and naive when he got with Simon when he was most likely in his late 20s. He'd already had a 3 year relationship with that guy who he was with in those leaked kissing pics and probably had other relationships with others that aren't known.

R482 there could be some truth to it but the part about Matt refusing to work on the rest of the film until something was done is hard to believe when it was just a small production.

by Anonymousreply 483June 1, 2019 1:33 PM

Matt always speaks highly of Soderbergh and says he was honored to work with him.

He said in one article that he relied on his grandparents’ advice about marriage to take it one day at a time, so it probably wasn’t/isn’t always easy. They do have plenty of childcare help, though.

He has plenty of male fans, but the real obsessed ones seem to be middle age women. Everyone who has worked with him has been effusively positive. Apparently he has a quick sense of humor and is very modest and self deprecating.

by Anonymousreply 484June 1, 2019 2:01 PM

R484, Matt has never said a negative thing about anyone ever. While we can't say that gossip was true, that's not a gauge on anything. You could throw gum at him and he'd say you were like a brother to him in an interview but that's the Hollywood game.

How many nice things did people who worked with Bryan Singer or Harvey Weinstein say in public, knowing how terrible they were in private?

by Anonymousreply 485June 1, 2019 3:08 PM

Since When is being private the same as boring? I like that he doesn’t share too much of his personal life. In a world of oversharing it is a refreshing. He’s well read & talented. I like when he talks about his roles and his art. He has interesting perspectives. Why do people want to know private things about a celebrity? The thing about promoting a movie in itself is silly and the actors have to go on talk shows and tell personal stories. Most of that shit is made up lol

by Anonymousreply 486June 1, 2019 3:46 PM

R486 he's also been very deliberate in interviews and has been very careful about how much he gives away with regards to his personal life. Comes across as very private, which definitely doesn't translate as boring. He just doesn't reveal too much of himself.

by Anonymousreply 487June 1, 2019 4:34 PM

Having a broken leg while skiing other celebrities would have done quite a show on social media about this...., but not him... so ...it is true... he really knows to keep his private life for his family .....

by Anonymousreply 488June 1, 2019 4:58 PM

R485 I agree, it’s basically been the case that Matt seems to go out of his way to never say anything negative about others. I remember when Brett Ellison, who is a nasty piece of work, went after Matt in this totally vicious fashion. He offered his unsolicited opinion about the 50 Shades of Gray casting, saying Matt came across as obviously gay and would never be believable in the role. When asked to comment Matt took the high road. Given all that, I was pleasantly surprised to hear his comments about homophobia in the industry and how he had been made to feel uncomfortable in one of his jobs. He’s less guarded now and more comfortable with being political. As he said, the fact of who he is, makes him political whether he wants to be or not.

I also remember a comment from Jeff Eastin saying Matt got so angry at another actor during a scene or interaction he almost took a swing at him. I believe it was the actor who played Matthew Keller, can’t recall his name. Everyone has their limits.

by Anonymousreply 489June 2, 2019 12:14 AM

Why he got so angry at the actor played Matthew Keller?

by Anonymousreply 490June 2, 2019 12:36 AM

Did he make a Closet Baby joke?

by Anonymousreply 491June 2, 2019 12:40 AM

>> I agree, it’s basically been the case that Matt seems to go out of his way to never say anything negative about others.

R485 you just reminded me of something! Alex Pettyfer was originally "allegedly" a huge problem on the set of Magic Mike so he wasn't asked back for the second. A few months later we heard "allegedly" he and Channing Tatum had a huge problem with one another and Channing hated him. He even "allegedly" got so angry at finding out his cast mates made more than him and had a massive outburst.

Matt was asked about it by a caller on Andy's show. He said this:

[quote]So, did he recall any awkward moments? "Truth be told, no," said Bomer, who played an exotic dancer named Ken. "On set in the first film, everybody was really professional. Channing is one of the most fun people I've ever worked with; he set a great tone. They both came to work on time, did great work, and there was never any undercurrent of tension that I witnessed." But that doesn't mean it didn't happen. "I was a little nervous about what I was wearing at the time," the actor said of his skimpy wardrobe, "so maybe I wasn't noticing these undercurrents."

But he probably didn't know that Alex Pettyfer himself said that he was a problem on Brett Easton Ellis' show. The article is linked but he said:

[quote]Pettyfer reveals that he didn't, as was reported, burn his house down, or have an outburst on set when he found out he wasn't being paid as much as his co-stars. (He walked a mile away and screamed but says it was apparently so loud that people on set heard.)

[quote]"I did my work and then I sat in the corner and listened to music because I'd been told that anything I do was wrong by my reps and I was very insecure as a human being. That also gave me a bad rep because they said, 'Oh Alex thinks he's f—ing better than everybody else because he doesn't speak to anyone.' And that's not true. I was genuinely nervous and scared to be myself."

In a different interview he pointed out that when they had reshoots Channing already told everyone that he didn't like him.

So I think it's less likely that Matt didn't know all of that and more likely that he was taking the high road and not saying anything.

Also in one of the on set gossip threads, a guy said he worked on Magic Mike and that while Alex kept to himself, Matt Bomer was one of the only cast mates that would always interact with him and that Alex would talk to. So if that's to be believed once again more proof that Matt is a nice guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492June 2, 2019 1:36 AM

R492 while I'm not sure if he still is or not, but Alex was one of Simon's clients so that's another reason why Matt was not going to throw him under the bus.

Overall, he's smart and media trained enough to not say anything that would set off the press. Never has been his style. I'm sure there's plenty of things he could say privately but he's clued in enough to say anything in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 493June 2, 2019 4:13 AM

Surprised that Matt Bomer is a Garth Brooks country music fan. He also mentioned Don Williams who is an old time star who has been dead for a couple of years. Yeah, I know he’s from Texas, but he’s a U2 and Coldplay and Lady Gaga fan, too. Apparently not fond of rap.

by Anonymousreply 494June 2, 2019 6:00 AM

R494 people can like different genres of music lol in his one of his interviews during the White Collar days he talked about liking Kanye West and that he could rap a few songs from one of his albums. Another interview he said he was a fan of Snoop Dogg and Pharell. He seems to like a whole range of music, which is pretty much like most people.

by Anonymousreply 495June 2, 2019 6:53 AM

R494, He likes rap. He even told that story about how one of his first albums was a religious version of a rap album since his dad wouldn't let him have another one. He mentioned liking Donald Glover's music as well. He really seems to like Lizzo who doesn't rap and has posted a couple of screen shots of her music to his instagram stories. But yes, as R495 said he likes a range of music. It's sad he backed away from making his own album (which went from trying to do it to be patient to bucket list) because it would have been interesting to see what he would have sang.

by Anonymousreply 496June 2, 2019 7:48 AM

Thanks R479 for the summary. I don't know why I thought that a perfectly beautiful man like him must have a perfect life. Now knowing a bit of his upbringing I can't imagine how difficult life was for him and what would have happened to him had he as teenager come out to his parents (!?). I watched yesterday few of his interviews from last five years span and he seemed relaxed and self-confident in each, sharing few funny personal stories from childhood and auditioning, his kids reaction to his Magic Mike billboards etc. Maybe I was lucky to pick only interviews he enjoyed doing, but I saw nothing reserved and guarded from him there.

One thing I don't get is how come the fact that he got married was not known until three years later. Wasn't he wearing the ring? Simon and the kids were publicly known as his family, but not the fact that they are married !?

by Anonymousreply 497June 2, 2019 9:07 AM

R497=R474 here - I actually wanted to thank R476 for all the answers.

by Anonymousreply 498June 2, 2019 9:11 AM

R498 I think most people suspected that they were married but they never confirmed it publicly. I think in one interview he said his wedding ring was just symbol for his commitment to his life partner or something. I'm sure in media circles they were aware of it but publicists have a lot of influence over what or what doesn't get published.

by Anonymousreply 499June 2, 2019 11:20 AM

If you are a Bomer fan but not a sci-fi superhero fan, you can skip Doom Patrol and just watch the clips of his part on YouTube. I love the one at R470 is one of the best and the hot love scenes are also great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500June 2, 2019 4:21 PM

Oops, I mangled that post, but you get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 501June 2, 2019 4:23 PM

R500 Thanks for the link. I hope people who came for Matt stay for Doom Patrol. It really is a wonderful show, a refreshing take on the conventional superhero fare. It’s dark and hilarious, subversive and vulgar, yet full of heart. The writing is complex and at times brilliant. The characters are so wonderfully realized. Larry Trainer’s encounter with Danny the Street was amazing storytelling, heartbreakingly so. I hope Matt gets recognized for the work he’s doing, especially the synchronization with Matthew Zuk.. Doom Patrol is actually saying something about the political perils we are facing in this moment and what it means to be a hero.

by Anonymousreply 502June 2, 2019 5:50 PM

I checked out Doom Patrol just because Matt was in it, but not really expecting anything. I'm not a fan of DC, and I didn't watch the Titans or any of those series. And I was blown away by how good it was. Although Matt's character is great and has a very interesting arc, I would have watched the whole thing even if he wasn't there. Like R501 said, what makes it different is that it is full of heart. It's completely wacky, but it works. Matt's scenes are great but if you can just watch the whole thing, it's worth your time.

by Anonymousreply 503June 2, 2019 6:22 PM

[quote]One thing I don't get is how come the fact that he got married was not known until three years later. Wasn't he wearing the ring? Simon and the kids were publicly known as his family, but not the fact that they are married !?

It was a small wedding. He did wear the ring (although they don't always wear their rings). No reporter that got an interview with him would have been dumb enough to ask him or comment on it unless he did first. Publicists as R499 said would have blocked that and for those that did ask he always found a way to avoid mentioning specifics.

There's an interesting interview from even before that in 2009 on the Today show with Kathie and Hoda where Kathie tried to get him to say who he was spending his holiday with and he said, "my family" and then she kept going and she said, something like "you mean your family in Texas, your mother?" and he said again, "My family" and made a face and Kathie teased, "You know that's not what we meant" and Hoda thankfully changed the subject. It was clear she knew he had a then boyfriend and three children and didn't want to talk about it. There's a pic of him at a bar with people watching the White Collar premiere and Simon is behind him, it's interesting to go back and see it because back then the public didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 504June 2, 2019 9:26 PM

His coming out was done in a drip by drip process anyway so it made sense that their wedding wasn't revealed until a few years after it happened. I've long thought the coming out process really began after an interview with him and Tim Dekay (I think it was with Kathie and Honda but I could be mistaken) where Tim was getting asked about his kids and what they were into and how he'd fly back to see them every few weeks. Matt then awkwardly said that Tim's kids were the sweetest/greatest kids in the world and he looked uncomfortable for the rest of the interview. A few weeks later he was co-hosting the show and that's when they slipped in that he had 3 kids (No mention of a partner). Maybe it was the comment about Tim's kids that pushed ahead the coming out process.

by Anonymousreply 505June 2, 2019 10:03 PM

Matt said that he didn’t want Simon and the kids to think he was ashamed of them. He wanted to share his success with his family like other actors. Also, after being tin TNH, it was probably harder to justify not coming out publicly.

by Anonymousreply 506June 2, 2019 11:21 PM

R506 he came out a few years before the Normal Heart. I do think he came out because the kids were getting older and as he said himself, didn't want to send mixed messages to them. That's why I thought the faux paux with the Tim Dekay kid's comment was what got the ball rolling. Surely seems like too much of a coincidence that he was back in the show a few weeks later talking about the kids.

by Anonymousreply 507June 3, 2019 4:25 AM

Another interesting take away from the to recent he mentioned how moved he was by Roma, specifically mentioning women who sacrifice their own family to raise other people's children and how much these women invest emotionally in the children they care for. Can't remember the exact words.

by Anonymousreply 508June 3, 2019 11:51 AM

Looking handsome in Papi Chulo promos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509June 3, 2019 1:00 PM

That's because they have a Roma of their own.

by Anonymousreply 510June 3, 2019 1:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511June 3, 2019 5:08 PM

I love how he's so comfortable talking about Simon and not just the kids.

by Anonymousreply 512June 3, 2019 6:04 PM

Love that too R512.

Glad he clarified the "moving out of the house" to prepare for the role in Papi Chulo thing since that keeps coming up here.

So he moved during the 4 week shoot for the movie only Monday through Friday which doesn't sound as bad as him "moving out" to "prepare."

Although it is interesting the show/he (since we know these shows aren't spontaneous questions) thought enough to bring this up so he must have known it sounded bad when he kept saying it during press before.

Loved that he FINALLY had a new story he'd never told before.

by Anonymousreply 513June 3, 2019 6:55 PM

R513 yeah I was surprised she actually brought it up since these shows usually have to get PR approval/suggestions on the topics of discussion. Perhaps he/publicist wanted to clarify the reasoning behind it or the researchers/producers on the show thought it would be something good to talk about (interviewers always love those sort of "method acting" stories.)

Him moving out to shoot that film will always baffle me lol I totally get his reasoning for it given he had BINTB coming up it seemed a tad unnecessary but that's his prerogative.

by Anonymousreply 514June 3, 2019 7:08 PM

I hadn't realised the shooting was so short. Really, moving out monday to friday for four weeks isn't that bad. The gorilla story was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 515June 3, 2019 9:57 PM

Life is complicated. It’s hard to take any given behavior and make it into a referendum on someone’s character. Matt is obviously invested in his work and his husband and kids seemingly support his choices to accomplish what he needs to achieve it. Families often have to make compromises. Matt also seems incredibly invested in his family. Skiing on a broken leg, that must have hurt, so as not to scare Simon and his son is pretty hard core investment in their well being too.

by Anonymousreply 516June 3, 2019 10:20 PM

Simon knew he got injured just by seeing him. They were obviously very close to each other.

by Anonymousreply 517June 4, 2019 2:47 AM

Matt should wear a better quality rug.

by Anonymousreply 518June 4, 2019 9:19 AM

I loved two details in the skiing story: him rather more hurting himself than to scare his husband and son, and Simon knowing just by his look that he was injured. Also him saying how amazing his husband is. All premeditated answers in advance as these sort of interviews are, still lovely. But he did look a bit nervious, maybe due to the limited time to tell the story.

by Anonymousreply 519June 4, 2019 1:25 PM

R519 why don't you go knit him a little cozy for his cocoa mug? I know you have a book of patterns.

by Anonymousreply 520June 4, 2019 1:27 PM

Yeah, R519, make him one that looks like Neal Caffrey and throw in a White Collar charm bracelet. Maybe he’ll call you to thank you!

by Anonymousreply 521June 4, 2019 4:14 PM

R519 well he also said first that he skied down the hill with a broken leg due to his pride as well and the nervousness was him "acting." He just did a very good job at pretending he didn't already practice the answer.

He's just seemed more "natural" this round of interviews than he ever has before.

[quote]Really, moving out monday to friday for four weeks isn't that bad.

It isn't in retrospect. Assuming they really had to work those long hours in on set with such a short shoot he would have only been home to sleep for the most part.

The kids would have been home on the weekend so him being home then says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 522June 4, 2019 4:38 PM

Uhh I'm a huge fan of Matt, but the whole "moving out 5 days of the week so that I can experience loneliness like my character" ... I get that he's an actor, but that's not putting parenting first, and on top of not prioritizing your children you're also leaving Simon or the nanny to pick up a lot of the slack.

Yeah, I get that his job is his passion but that's not okay lol.

by Anonymousreply 523June 4, 2019 9:48 PM

Apparently it’s okay with them and it’s okay with me and I doubt if they care whether you approve, R523.

by Anonymousreply 524June 4, 2019 11:40 PM

R524 yeah sis, well I doubt they care about anything said on the DL, but here we both are regardless lol. Just stating an opinion!

by Anonymousreply 525June 4, 2019 11:43 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone stating their opinion on this. They're not normal people and they don't lead normal lives.

At the end of the day Simon was going to have kids with or without Matt. Matt was an actor before he met him and he still is.

They both knew what they were getting into and they're both fine with it.

Also Simon has been a force in his career for years so he's obviously supportive even if you don't believe Matt when he says that his husband is.

by Anonymousreply 526June 5, 2019 12:28 AM

Awww, such a sweet duckling.

by Anonymousreply 527June 5, 2019 1:39 AM

What R526 said.

by Anonymousreply 528June 5, 2019 2:05 AM

Yikes. Lucille Ball skied with a broken leg; someone could not stop and knocked her over. I can not imagine Lucy needing approval from public relations person.

by Anonymousreply 529June 5, 2019 2:16 AM

Looks like he already filmed his Late Show with Colbert appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530June 5, 2019 2:25 AM

R530 Thanks for the link. Did Matt pass out??

by Anonymousreply 531June 5, 2019 6:00 AM

R531 what? Lol Not that I'm aware of. There's a comment underneath the post that mentions 'passing out" but I think there person means it in a "oooh swoon" way

by Anonymousreply 532June 5, 2019 7:27 AM

Some photos from NY, it looks like he's done his usual Broadway visit as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533June 6, 2019 11:44 AM

You are right R533. He really liked the play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534June 6, 2019 12:36 PM

How would you like to look over at the car next to you in traffic and see Matt Bomer behind the wheel?! He could literally stop traffic.

by Anonymousreply 535June 6, 2019 1:05 PM

R535 he does, regularly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 6, 2019 1:09 PM

Wonder how this interview will go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537June 6, 2019 1:12 PM

R537, based upon the show's website it looks like it will be "Oprah" lite with some comedy. They're looking for inspirational people, giving make overs etc. Tonya Harding talked about how to "love herself" and another guest talked about making a career change. He just wants to know how the guests manage their lives and what struggles they've been through.

The show is taped in Los Angeles so he'll do it when he gets back.

The sad part is that while the show is airing on "select" Fox stations there are many places that aren't airing it yet since the show is new. Most of us will have to see it online.

by Anonymousreply 538June 6, 2019 1:29 PM

The Papi Chulo movie is going to be on China screen too for a selective theaters, and apparently there will be Q&A. Is he going to China??

by Anonymousreply 539June 6, 2019 3:52 PM

The NYT has has it's say on Papi Chulo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540June 6, 2019 6:52 PM

The Wrap too also went deep into the misguided nature of the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541June 6, 2019 7:23 PM

Reviewers in R540 and R541 sound like disappointed SJW misguided by their own expectations of forced equality. That fake fairy tale is not likely what an European director/screenwriter would be interested in, neither European audience. No surprise the review in British The Observer gets the film better. Anyway, all three reviews praise Bomer's acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542June 6, 2019 8:34 PM

LOL! Duckling can't win.

by Anonymousreply 543June 6, 2019 8:51 PM

[quote]Sound like disappointed SJW misguided by their own expectations of forced equality.

They're not. They're actually pointing out something extremely problematic with these kinds of stories that has been addressed to death and beyond by various ethnic groups even before the term SJW (which has only existed since 2011) existed.

The Wrap review, however, actually tried to give pointers on how they could have addressed the issue which was to have given Ernesto his own story. They liked their performances and they liked the fact that they gave Ernesto a family. The wrap also talked about things they liked about the movie like the cinematography.

Both pointed out that the film tried to address the issue of the "Magical Negro" trope by bringing it up in film but both thought they didn't do a good enough job and I'm sure John knew that this could be an issue. However, people overseas from other countries don't have the same history that this one does with race.

I know we love (well most of us) Matt here but at least the writers liked the performances.

So none of this is on Matt's head (although he'll be associated with it) again in this case it's the producer/writer/director that probably should have spoken to more people of color before trying to produce the film.

by Anonymousreply 544June 6, 2019 9:15 PM

R544 definitely agree that The Wrap review was legitimately trying to give valid criticism rather than just moaning about it. The reviewer acknowledges what Butler was trying to do but notes how he fell for the same straps as countless other films. Having seen the film, you can tell Butler wanted to show his appreciation of the Latino community but it doesn't show as clearly as it is a very one-sided friendship and we don't ever really see what Alejandro's character truly gets out of the arrangement.

I would agree with R544, it appears as though there wasn't as much influence from people of color when writing and producing it. I think it's fair that some would see this as being stereotypical and a lazy trope. Although both Matt and Alejandro give really good performances throughout.

by Anonymousreply 545June 6, 2019 10:00 PM

This film, like the embarrassing Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, is another example of an Irish filmmaker wanting to make a film about America but not really understanding his subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 546June 6, 2019 10:16 PM

[quote] Both pointed out that the film tried to address the issue of the "Magical Negro" trope by bringing it up in film but both thought they didn't do a good enough job and I'm sure John knew that this could be an issue. However, people overseas from other countries don't have the same history that this one does with race.

That's my point R544, the different expectations Europeans vs Americans. I don't think that this European director/writer wanted to address "Magic Negro" issue like the US reviewers think. We don't look through black-white lenses. I expect just unpretentious, subtle and nuanced story about two people for very different milieus and some funny/sweet/sad moments from their interaction. Story about loneliness too. I don't expect it to promote social justice by making two characters equal partners in the relationship. I have yet to see the film, but I would be disappointed if Ernesto becomes equally invested in Sean and they end as BFF - or similarly sleazy "happy end" concession to American audience.

by Anonymousreply 547June 6, 2019 11:00 PM

Matt's post on Instagram about looking like he has a beer belly... Fishing for compliments or genuinely that insecure?

It says a lot about how much of his self worth lies in his weight/appearance for him to say he looks like he has a beer belly when a) everyone knows he's thin and muscular b) he literally could not be further off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548June 6, 2019 11:25 PM

[quote] I don't think that this European director/writer wanted to address "Magic Negro" issue like the US reviewers think .... I don't expect it to promote social justice by making two characters equal partners in the relationship.

R547 You're not getting my point or their point.

You [italic]can't[/italic] do that in a film to be distributed in America [bold]without[/bold] addressing that issue in 2019 or else you're going to get these kinds of articles.

If this was only going to show up in Ireland or Europe as a whole and then eventually it appeared on Netflix, that's one thing.

However, that wasn't the intent. (And from the references in the movie it's clear he knew this was an issue and tried to circumvent that.)

They wanted it to be seen here in theaters by as many people as possible so the price they pay is having it reviewed [italic]as any other film released in America would be reviewed.[/italic] That's just how it is.

And because they want that film viewed by as many people as possible, they're going to get reviews from writers who take the perspective of the American who might want to see a movie at the theater and at this point in history many Americans have been conditioned to have an issue with this.

Green Book made it all the way to the Oscars and at no point did people stop calling it out for the trope. The same thing happened with The Legend of Bagger Vance almost 18 years ago! This concept is absolutely not new.

Also there might be some bad news coming soon. They're still due to shoot in November but nothing has been officially announced yet so anything is possible until then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549June 6, 2019 11:54 PM

I’m glad Duckling Troll is okay. I was worried because it was silent for while.

by Anonymousreply 550June 7, 2019 12:17 AM

Just because a film gets some criticism doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have been made or that the actors will be punished for being in it. There is room for a variety of opinions. It doesn’t sound like this movie is actually offensive. There have been positive reviews too.

by Anonymousreply 551June 7, 2019 12:20 AM

Yea was worried about duckling troll too Lol

by Anonymousreply 552June 7, 2019 12:24 AM

R549 Thanks for the link regarding DCUniverse. It looks like Swamp Thing has been cancelled, which if true makes the streaming service unsustainable. I hope the other shows, especially Doom Patrol, will move to Netflix or Warners. It’s too good a show to be lost and obviously us fans of Matt want to see him continue with the outstanding job he’s doing as Larry Trainor.

by Anonymousreply 553June 7, 2019 12:29 AM

R549 The US audience would benefit from opening to the world, instead of insisting everything from outside squeezes into two-dimensional, black-white simplification, overblown PC and prudishness, through censorship (you have no idea what you miss). Thinking in terms of "people of color" and "Magic Negro" is toxic bullshit IMO, whether you play their SJW protector or not. The lead is Bomer's character, his issues are the driving force of the movie, therefore Ernesto is naturally more of supporting role. ("they should have consulted people of color", what for? equal representation?).

R548 Yes, strange comment, out of the blue. He sounds too self conscious about his looks, even insecure, who would expect that.

by Anonymousreply 554June 7, 2019 1:29 AM

[quote]What for? equal representation?

Yeah R554's whole post is full of borderline racist rhetoric that I don't think even needs to be touched.

Yeah, I'm sure those people should be LUCKY to be on screen! Who CARES what they think about the way that they're seen!

Sure, the US should be "less sensitive" to racial issues in a country where Mexican children are being kept in cages in "detention centers" and black people are being killed by police for doing nothing.

Try tweeting all of that on Twitter and see what happens.

No one has said that the film is horrible, just that this is a problem.

Matt's not like that. You shouldn't be either. You made me sad.

MOOOOOOOVVVVINNNNNNNNNNNG ALOOOOOOOOOOOONG!

by Anonymousreply 555June 7, 2019 1:44 AM

Technically gays are minorities too. This a good movie about a gay man and his problems. Would it have been better if he had turned to someone else for comfort? Who?

by Anonymousreply 556June 7, 2019 2:01 AM

R556 it's more how he turns to Alejandro for help that's one of the main issues too. He hires him to do work and then drags him around to be his friend while the guy has no real option about it. Using a POC to further a white person's redemption or healing has long been a lazy Hollywood trope and it's a fairly valid criticism to call out by reviewers and viewers. I think The Wrap review was being kindish to Butler by saying that there was a level of self-awareness but that it just wasn't aware enough to see that it was a little problematic.

by Anonymousreply 557June 7, 2019 2:49 AM

I haven’t seen Papi Chulo yet. The reviews I’ve read seem to fall generally into two main categories, art or politics. Most people I think would agree Green Book , which has somewhat similar tropes, was well directed and superbly acted. However the politics of it could not go unaddressed in 2019, especially when so many marginalized communities continue to be underrepresented. Arguably, it is more so the case of the community Ernesto represents. Until issues of access, discrimination and the lack of institutional opportunities in Hollywood for marginalized communities to tell their own stories, artists like Butler don’t have the luxury to ignore these issues. The saving grace in all this is that Matt appears to have given another winning performance.

by Anonymousreply 558June 7, 2019 3:41 AM

It got an ok review in the LA Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559June 7, 2019 3:42 AM

R558 a lot of the reviews seem to understand the point Butler was trying to make with the film and have noted that it's an excellent portrayal of loneliness and isolation and both Alejandro and Matt have been praised for their performances regardless. However, some have quite rightly pointed out that it relies on ' a magical POC' to come and save the white lead. Even though Butler somewhat acknowelegs this in the film, it still falls down on fleshing out Ernesto's character. I enjoyed the filmed myself as the performances were brilliant and there is definitely no malice intended by any means; however, you do scratch your head at how the film can be called a 'buddy comedy' when it's not clear what Ernesto is getting out of the arrangement as it's one-sided.

John Butler briefly addressed the class/racial issue in the film in a recent interview and said he was prepared to deal with criticism but he kinda dismissed it too so say what you want about that.

by Anonymousreply 560June 7, 2019 3:59 AM

Here's the interview with John Butler that briefly addresses the racial inequality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561June 7, 2019 4:10 AM

From the article at R561

[quote]“It’s about the unthinking casual racism and objectification of the ordinary Joe, even and especially in LA, the idea that people will see two people and they will map a set of projections onto them. I knew there was going to be a lot of criticism of this film in terms of its racial and sexual politics, I knew that absolutely.” But does he see any merit to the critique? “The initial engagement, as long as that checks out for me in terms or rationale and ethics, whatever happens afterwards is as a result of their relationship development.”

So he's acknowledging that there are racial issues (discussed everywhere) and sexual issues (since Matt's character only seems to like Latin men) and he knew people were going to call him out on those.

Then he implies that if people can rationalize their critique based on what they see initially he's okay with it but then anything they come up with after that is a result of what happens in the movie?

I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 562June 7, 2019 4:59 AM

R562 It's a bit of a cop out on his part tbh. From what I gauged from his response is that he knows the racial/sexual aspects of the film could potentially be viewed as problematic but it's the viewers fault for looking at it that way? He doesn't really give a response or explanation as to why his film tries to be sensitive to or respectful of the Latino culture. I'm sure he most definitely does not mean to offend or stereotype anyone as his story is very much about male bonding and finding connections in unusual places but at the same time, as a privileged white guy, you do need to be aware that your vision or way of story-telling may be viewed as problematic or insulting to a POC.

by Anonymousreply 563June 7, 2019 5:14 AM

R555 Why are you getting hysterical? I just don't perceive people by the color of their skin, why should I have to? I cannot be racist because the level of somebody's melanin is irrelevant to me, the whole concept of "race" is stupid. Re this particular film: I look at these characters as individual human beings in interesting interaction dealing with many sorts of human struggle, you see them as stereotypical embodiment of social groups ("races" huh) and the one being underrepresented in screen time or story share. Wouldn't it be totally boring film if the author played by SJW "equal representation" rules? Before this thread I would never think a small indie film about intimate human drama would turn too bold and disturbing for American viewers. If it really is so, then you have deeper issues than I can imagine.

by Anonymousreply 564June 7, 2019 7:28 AM

R564 it’s 2019. Saying you don’t see race is ignorant and racist. It just means you don’t want to be bothered with thinking about it and acknowledging that it exists. Ignoring it does not help. Facing it head on and speaking up when you see it, when art supports it, and when policies enforce it is the only way it’ll change.

by Anonymousreply 565June 7, 2019 11:04 AM

Just don’t see how this film promotes racism. Its Hispanic costar doesn’t see it that way.

by Anonymousreply 566June 7, 2019 1:48 PM

You don’t have to see it. Neither does he. That doesn’t mean it’s not there. I think plenty of people overreact to things but, as a white person, it’s not on me to decide how POC should feel about things.

by Anonymousreply 567June 7, 2019 1:54 PM

Eternal youth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568June 7, 2019 2:11 PM

R568 lot of money spent on skincare and treatments plus make up. He's youthful looking but he gets a lot of expensive treatments.

R566 I think most reviewers just commented that the film is borderline insensitive and relies on lazy tropes. The Wrap had the best review where the reviewer essential said that the film isn't as self-aware as it thinks it is.

by Anonymousreply 569June 7, 2019 2:31 PM

R569 What difference does it make how he does it? He looks gorgeous. All the skin treatments and make up in the world wouldn’t make me look like that!

by Anonymousreply 570June 7, 2019 3:36 PM

Does that green juice he drinks everyday helps too? Saw Simon had green juice bottle in hand in that gym ins story too, why Simon ages so fast...Matt should share his skincare products with Simon Lol

by Anonymousreply 571June 7, 2019 3:49 PM

R570 not judging him was just stating the obvious. He's a naturally good looking guy and he takes care of himself but he clearly gets expensive treatments to help his skin stay that young. No amount of green smoothies can stop the aging process. He's aging well with the help of skin treatments. Like most people in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 572June 7, 2019 3:52 PM

Was he just joke about the beer belly or it infers he is actually somehow very much care about his look.

by Anonymousreply 573June 7, 2019 3:54 PM

No surprise Matt loved to Kill A Mockingbird. It's his dream role, principled non-racist southern white man.

by Anonymousreply 574June 7, 2019 4:47 PM

Did anyone read that NewNowNext piece with Matt where he apologised for the trans role? The site isn't available in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 575June 7, 2019 8:26 PM

R575 he had this to say

[quote][bold]Last year, your role as a trans woman in Anything sparked controversy and had exec producer Mark Ruffalo apologizing for casting a cis man in the role rather than a trans woman. How did the conversations around that role affect you?[/bold]

[quote]I think it was a huge awakening for me. You know, I became involved with that movie in 2014, before the show Transparent had even come out, and the years between when we finished it and when it did come out, there was just a sea change of incredible progress for the better. The sad reality was that in 2014, a tiny indie like Anything wasn’t going to get financed any other way. But I certainly apologize to anyone who it hurt or offended. I have many times in the past. I don’t know if anyone’s ever printed it because it’s not quite as interesting as controversy, but it was never my intention. I have been on the end of not being given opportunities because of who I am, and I would never wish that on anyone else.

and on Papi Chulo -- not a great answer.

[quote][bold]Some critics have noted what they see as a problematic dynamic between a privileged white man and a migrant-worker savior character who helps him with his problems. Have you heard this critique? Is it fair?[/bold]

[quote]This movie actually premiered at the same film festival as Green Book, so umm… (Laughs) Like I said, it was written before Trump was even in office, but for me, Sean’s entry into their friendship comes from a place of feeling guilt about being a white middle-class male. If all you take from the fact that these two people become real, true friends is that it’s problematic because they’re a different race or from different classes, then I think that’s an incredibly cynical point of view. It certainly was not the intention.

Hopefully no one picks up on it.

by Anonymousreply 576June 7, 2019 8:50 PM

Those are great answers. The answer for Anything was full of empathy.

by Anonymousreply 577June 7, 2019 9:09 PM

R576 thank you!! I only remember him apologising once for Anything and that was the only time he actually addressed the film if I can remember. Did he talk about Anything any other times besides that radio interview last year?

The Papi Chulo answer completely missed the point of what the critique of the film is lol obviously he's not going to say anything negative or admit that the film can be viewed as problematic. But equally, it was never their intention to be insensitive. Oh well, he's lucky it's a small indie and not Green Book . He'd get a lot more shit for it. For him to say that it's a cynical point of view is actually a little disappointing tbh but everyone is entitled to their opinions .

by Anonymousreply 578June 7, 2019 9:15 PM

R578, Not that I'm aware of. I think the Sirius interview was the only time he brought it up and he wasn't even scheduled to be on the show that day that he appeared on. He just dropped by because he's friends with the host and he seemed a bit miffed that he got ambushed.

And yes, the Papi Chulo answer completely missed the point and he's lucky it's a small indie.

Him saying it's a "cynical point of view" sounds as if he doesn't care about the feelings of people of color who have a problem with it but yes, again, you're right. He can't go bashing his own movie. It's not like he even apologized for Anything until years after it was out.

It doesn't matter anyway, the reviews are written. He probably just should have left out that sentence and said that wasn't their intent.

by Anonymousreply 579June 7, 2019 9:33 PM

R579 yeah I don't remember him talking about Anything or apologising for it at all. He's basically ignored the film since the backlash began so I'm curious as to where he previously said sorry.

Ah everyone has their blind spots and it's not easy to critique a film and admit fault in it you're trying to promote it. He seems good friends with John Butler too so definitely not going to be negative.

I've only seen those two answer a due to the country block either the journalist was trying frame a narrative about Matt with his writing or just that Matt didn't come off well in that interview? We're the other questions framed similarly?

by Anonymousreply 580June 7, 2019 10:04 PM

ide give anything to have another 3way with em.

simon fuks matt while I eat matts load and kiss simon with it.

round 2, matt sits on my mouth while simon chews gnaws and gives joy to my tittys. simon shoots into my mouth and I kiss matt with it. we pass it round til its all gone.

by Anonymousreply 581June 8, 2019 6:20 AM

Well, this is different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582June 8, 2019 12:28 PM

R582 interesting interview. The comment about how that role in The Nice Guys did nothing for his career was pretty eye opening. Equally how he says he's not offered a huge amount of roles either is kinda sad really. He hasn't been in a studio film in 3 years. I think he lost a little bit of momentum after The Normal Heart/Magic Mike when he signed on to The Last Tycoon as he was contractually tied to it from the end of 2015 to 2017 and was limited to what other projects he could do

The 'I have immigrant friends' comment was slightly tone-deaf but neither him or John Butler are going to say anything negative about the film or response to criticism so no point in really analysing it.

by Anonymousreply 583June 8, 2019 1:36 PM

he could easily live off the residuals of white collar quite well.

his lover is a millionaire

he doing fine

doing quality work.

time is on his side, and he has a great loving family...

by Anonymousreply 584June 8, 2019 1:40 PM

R583, He's implied that he doesn't get many scripts multiple times these past couple of years but he's getting older and of course he's gay.

That's also the problem with doing a play, as some of his fans want him to do. Many projects shoot during the summer and if he's stuck on a stage daily, twice a day, for months on end that blocks him from other opportunities then too. Less people will see you and you don't make as much money in the long term vs doing a film or tv project. It's not like it will ever "re-air." He can't leave town or have them adjust the schedule (as he did with Doom Patrol so he could do Will & Grace) and he wasn't even the lead by himself. He clearly wants to be seen and get paid. He's lucky Ryan Murphy has the power to get it made into a Netflix project but that won't happen every time.

And yes the "immigrant friends" comment was tone deaf and it appears no one coached him on how to answer these questions.

by Anonymousreply 585June 8, 2019 4:34 PM

R585 perhaps the interviewer should have reminded him that his husband is also an immigrant lol

I do agree about Broadway though-it can take away a year's worth of TV/film (mainly TV) opportunities and it's the reason a lot of bigger stars will only do Broadway once every few years. Zachary Quinto even said during the promo for BITB last year that if he could make the same kind of money he does in film and tv for plays, then all he would do is theatre. I'm sure if he didn't have a family to support then he would do a lot more theatre as you can tell he is itching to get back on the stage.

by Anonymousreply 586June 8, 2019 5:00 PM

Two good stories (Bill Clinton, mooning DP crew) well told + support for Mayor Pete + a bit of Papi Chulo, all wrapped up in 7 minutes. He looked great, self-confident and relaxed. Well done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587June 8, 2019 5:04 PM

He really does seem relaxed and confident these days.

by Anonymousreply 588June 8, 2019 6:05 PM

Some BTS from Colbert's show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589June 8, 2019 8:16 PM

I really enjoyed the Anthem interview with Matt, it’s the best I’ve read so far associated with the Papi Chulo promotion. Matt seems more relaxed and comfortable in his own skin here. It probably has a good deal to do with the interviewer as well. I thought the questions were thoughtful and respectful, aimed more at eliciting insights and understanding. Often the interviews stay on typical surface material or recently seem more interested in gotcha moments that seem accusatory or confrontational.

I’m glad he’s opening up more about his journey as an out gay actor. Most of us have speculated that his opportunities have been limited because of his sexuality. It’s really sad and so disappointing to hear it confirmed directly from him. I’m glad he’s considering creating more opportunities for himself by branching out into writing, directing and producing his own projects. Although, I hope we have many more years with him in front of the screen.

by Anonymousreply 590June 8, 2019 10:33 PM

So this is...something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591June 8, 2019 10:50 PM

R591 something that is a year's old and already discussed here on multiple threads.

by Anonymousreply 592June 9, 2019 12:25 AM

I wonder if Simon will be at the Tonys. He has a few clients nominated for awards this year and looks after the marketing/press for the ceremony

by Anonymousreply 593June 9, 2019 12:35 AM

Poor Matt! so handsome, talented and underrated. You would think he's being offered good roles all the time!, it's shocking really.

by Anonymousreply 594June 9, 2019 1:25 AM

Here's the new thread since this one is almost done and I assume will be after the Tony awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595June 9, 2019 2:23 AM

His comment in the Anthem article about not being offered many roles made me sad because he really is quite a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 596June 9, 2019 8:27 AM

R596 yeah it's a shame really as he's just as good as the majority of actors on the big screen. Just the politics of Hollywood really.

by Anonymousreply 597June 9, 2019 10:11 AM

his best years and roles are yet to come. OSCAR!!!!

by Anonymousreply 598June 9, 2019 10:15 AM

R598 really for him is just about getting an opportunity or that one good role that can give him some big mainstream momentum. A good TV series would be great for him. Shame The Last Tycoon was such a misfire.

by Anonymousreply 599June 9, 2019 10:54 AM

Hope Doom Patrol gets wider release

by Anonymousreply 600June 9, 2019 12:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!